Windows Support Forum

Emachines T2482 Motherboard Burning up

Q: Emachines T2482 Motherboard Burning up

I have an emachines T with a AM mobo in it Recently we went on vacation When we got home the wife tried to turn the computer on but the power button didn t light and the computer wouldn t boot the fan on the cpu would run I opened up the case and noticed an electrical fire smell Two components on the motherboard were burning The component in the U up Motherboard Emachines T2482 Burning and the R sockets on the board Emachines T2482 Motherboard Burning up Tiny components around the system fan plug Okay so must be the motherboard is shot I bought a brand new one for Not bad I would say and a cheap fix Well I received Emachines T2482 Motherboard Burning up the new mother Emachines T2482 Motherboard Burning up board installed it and pluged the cord into the back of the power supply and the machines turned itself on still with no power light As I watched what it was doing I noticed the same two components burning up again I ve read many posts about the power supply having no overpower protection Is this a problem that anyone else has had I want to get the wifes computer running again but I don t want to spend the money on a mobo and jpower supply just to burn up another mobo nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Emachines T2482 Motherboard Burning up

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Emachines T2482 Motherboard Burning up

Chances are it's the power supply. there are two common faliure modes for e-machines and both lead to a failed psu (1. PSU overvolts and takes out the motherboard, 2. Motherboard shorts out and takes out PSU). Since e-machines uses cheap PSUs with poor protection they will still run when they are "Bad" but they will fry anything connected to them. Other components could have been fried by the initial failure but the damage is usually limited to the PSU and motherboard.
Any of these PSUs would work well for that system (and they are good quality)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817104901
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817151085
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817703018

Also E-machines motherboards are failure prone and non-e-machines motherboards will require a new copy of windows (about $100) to work. Your best bet may be to build/ buy a new system perticuarily given the age and specs of that machine. $350 could build a system that will run circles around that computer useing decent components. (Just someting to consider)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/emachines-t2482-motherboard-burning-up.134479/
Relevancy 106.64%

My emachines T2482 Motherboard just crashed,I do not know much about this computer, I took it up to staples and they said they could fix it for around $300. I was wondering if anyone knows of a place where I could possible buy/replace it PLEASE LET ME KNOW Thanks.

A:Question about my emachines T2482 Motherboard Please Help!

You may be able to find one on eBay. Otherwise buy a new computer. Older eMachines are rarely ever worth fixing, they just have no value and the parts usually cost more then the machine is worth.

I've edited out your email, no sense in it being taken for spamming.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/question-about-my-emachines-t2482-motherboard-please-help.530852/
Relevancy 84.71%

My Crash eMachines T2482 year-old eMachines computer crashed last Monday when I turned it in The specs on the T are BOM for T Part Category Description CHASSIS CHASSIS NEXGEN- MAIN CHASSIS FRAME Memory MEM DDR-RAM MB Max GB CPU eMachines T2482 Crash Fan Type Fan mm ODD X CDRW X X MB MB AM P W LAN FDD Model FDD D M D CPU CPU ATHLON XP Speaker SPEAKER SP- A LAN LAN Integrated Video Video Integrated Mouse MOUSE SILVER WHEEL Power Supply PS WATT Keyboard Model K B KB- EN K PS EMA C-BLK SLVR Modem MODEM V K HDD HDD GB rpm ODD X DVD Using XP SP Monitor was blank looking for a signal lights on my keyboard kept blinking on and off Fans were running but the system would not boot The front power button was useless and would not turn-off nor reset the system Unplugging it naturally turned it off Plugging it back in ended up in the same place - monitor looking for a signal keyboard blinking fans running and the hard disk light was solid yellow Video is onboard the MB Tried to reseat the ram and other connections Tried kicking it It didn t sound like the hard disk continued to run as it would during a normal boot So motherboard power supply processor hard drive ram out of warranty and would like to fix it myself but would prefer to have a clue what to replace first nbsp

Relevancy 84.71%

I hope someone can help with this problem since the support guys at emachines can t Im trying to install my old nvidia geoforce g mx -t on my emachines t- which has an AM mobo It came with an open agp slot but when i insert the new card it does not boot just sits there with the fans running Emachines said to with t2482 help g4mx440-t on emachines a do this Restart the computer and repeatedly tap the quot Delete quot key about twice per second as it is starting up This should bring help with a g4mx440-t on t2482 emachines you into the BIOS setup screen Under the Advanced Chipset Features submenu change the setting of the Video Share Memory Size into help with a g4mx440-t on t2482 emachines Disabled Click on F to save and Esc key to exit BIOS but when i did nothing at all worked not even the onboard until i unplugged it and removed a power jumper by accident Please help if you can so i can play need for speed underground on my computer thanks nbsp

A:help with a g4mx440-t on t2482 emachines

I know the older eMachines had a jumper on the motherboard for disabling the onboard video but Im not sure about the newer ones. Do you have a manual that shows the jumpers? Or it may be written next to the jumper.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-a-g4mx440-t-on-t2482-emachines.17358/
Relevancy 84.71%

Good Morning I recently was given an eMachines T desktop computer eMachines Re-Build T2482 I was told it worked last time it was fired up but probably needed some cleaning and a few upgrades I took it mainly because I was told it had G hard drives in it which I was going to remove and put them in external USB cases to use on my other systems Well I got it home dusted it off opened it up and there s only the motherboard floppy drive and power supply I thought it felt a little light I have decided to try and rebuild it with spare parts I have I have a hard drive CD drive memory modules and connecting wiring My question is After I have it all together what do I do about the OS With it having the original MOBO do I eMachines T2482 Re-Build have to use the restore CDs that came with it and install the OS from them Or can I use a new copy of Windows XP Home Edition with an unused product key If I have to get a new motherboard I ll probably well I won t trash it but I ll add it to my quot Spare Parts quot collection BTW any tips on the above mentioned project would be appreciated Thanks to all nbsp

Relevancy 83.42%

Background I have this computer eMachines T for year and have used it without too heavy or too slight---ordinary and commonly used Before I powered it on today it has been closed and rested for days without being touched Problems When I pressed the power button today--- NO responses were observed in T2482 doesn't work Help: emachines monitor and keyboard the power LED on the power button did NOT light on the CPU fan was powered on and worked the hard drive LED on the panel lighted on for - seconds and then turned off automatically the LEDs on CD-RW and DVD driver flashed for several seconds---like normal the power button can be used to turn the power off---holding pressing the button for seconds Addition I have checked the system with a known good power supply and the response of the system was the same as Help: emachines T2482 doesn't work the case with original power supply the hard disk have been verified in good situation---all data are there Questions Can I know what happened to this computer Is it the problem of motherboard or CPU or power supply How to get the damaged part replaced Thank you so much for the help nbsp

A:Help: emachines T2482 doesn't work

Product Defect

I have been given a T2482 to fix with the same problem. The user told me that the system slowly began to die 1 resource at a time, and led to an inevitable power supply failure. After testing the PC with a reliable ATX power supply, I discovered the board was toast.

I told him, "You get what you pay for."

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-emachines-t2482-doesnt-work.40918/
Relevancy 72.67%

Greetings,I have an E Machine T2482 running on XP with an added 1 gig of Ram,worked beautiful did everything I needed until a few weeks ago,acted up for a couple of days and died,Installed new power supply now understand mother board is kaput,looked at motherboards on the web but I am lost,what mother board and PSU do I buy to replace mine ,would be grateful to any one to point me in the right direction and help an old geezer along.
Have new comp with Vista but want to get back to XP,and hopefully using a KVM Switch use both comps on exixsting monitor. OF

A:Looking for replacement motherboard for eMachine T2482

http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic62782.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/looking-for-replacement-motherboard-for-emachine-t2482.102884/
Relevancy 71.81%

HI group I was wanting to know what type of motherboard be best to purchase for my brother Emachine T As his computer had went down and he took it into get it repair at a local computer shop And when he got his system back all he had was all of the components in bags inside the cabinet and no motherboard And the computer shop is closed and the owners are no where to be found And he is needing a new motherboard and he ask me what he should get Here is all of the information I have on his system Emachine T on advice on Emachine replacing Need T2482 motherboard microsoft Wins XP Home AMD Athlon XP Processor GHz Via KM MB DDR PC GB HDD max CR-RW Drive max DVD Drive quot MB FDD S ProSavage intergrated AGP slots available MBPS built-in Ethernet K ITU V ready fax modem AC Audio USB Ports Ports on front serial parallel Ps microphone-in and head phone jack in front audio in-out PCI slots available I have look at motherboards on newegg com But I am not sure would be the best Need advice on replacing motherboard on Emachine T2482 to get for my brother or even to suggest fro him Can someone in the group give me some suggestions nbsp

Relevancy 62.78%

Well I Just Bought A Broken Emachines I Thought The Capacitors Where Blown But They Look Fine The Problem Is It Wont Post It Has A Via Chipset Thats Probly The Problem I Dont Want To Get The Emachines Replacement Because It Costs 2 Much The Emachine Is A T2200 If Any Body Could Help Me Find A Great Fit Motherboard That You Can Hook Up The Front Usb Port To The Motherboard That Would Be Great It Has A Amd Processor And I Would Like It To Have Onboard Video It Dosent Matter What Ram It Takes

A:Emachines Bad Motherboard Whats A Good Replacement Motherboard

Need a motherboard here too

for the same model that is

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/emachines-bad-motherboard-whats-a-good-replacement-motherboard.29980/
Relevancy 57.62%

Ok I have been reading for about hours now trying to get some understanding to Motherboard eMachines fix my eMachines C but eMachines Motherboard the fix doesn t seem to be clear Background I eMachines Motherboard baught an eMachines several years back - I know I should have been flogged then and wasn t but I m sure I ll get some of that here Then one day eMachines Motherboard both the USB ports and the audio quit working I baught a USB card and installed it but it was driving my son nuts not to have audio He s Finally I decided to replace the mobo - something I had not done before but was willing to try I read a few things about mobo replacement and thought I could do it without to much difficulty I moved all of my files to storage completed an XP Home clean re-install using Ghost disks provided - they don t give you real OS disks re-registered using the key code I got from using quot magic Jellybean quot used the computer for a couple of days to make sure the software was still OK and then made the change to a Biostar P M -M mobo that was supposed to be compatible Now when I try to power up I get a brief flash of Windows XP then the Biostar background then briefly a text indicating configuration set up then a display right after that reads something like quot Were sorry Windows did not start correctly a recent hardware change may have caused this quot then it waits for a countdown timer and tries to restart There is safe modes last known configuration and finally start normally I have been into the BIOS and all of the settings seem to be correct I thinking that using the Ghost CDs that the manufacturer provided won t help much I am willing to buy a new OS but I don t know which kind - OEM or Retail - to use to do a repair install Or do I need to do something else Here comes the flogging - quot You should have never baught an eMachines - they are disposable junk quot Well I vow never to purchase eMachines again Scott nbsp

A:eMachines Motherboard

You can usually resolve this by calling Microsoft at the number difficult to find on their website. Do not tell them more than they need to know.
Microsoft's official position is that the license dies when the motherboard dies. They can usually tell which computer the install was meant for... But we know a number of people who have been able to give them the details of the license tag on the computer (they may ask for any of those number sets) and get going again after being told it is a repair.
The eMachines T-2685 has the highest failure rate of any desktop computer made in the past six years due to the bad motherboard.
But you will get nowhere without the phone call, as there is no online way to resolve the issue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/emachines-motherboard.76648/
Relevancy 57.62%

I know there is a wealth of information here on replacing emachines motherboards some of Motherboard Emachines it seems a little beyond Emachines Motherboard my Emachines Motherboard understanding though and I want to make sure I know what I m doing before I spend any more money so please bear Emachines Motherboard with the newest emachines thread I have an emachines t and of course the mother board is shot I am going to replace the Power Supply and I bought an Asrock K VM Socket A Socket VIA KM Pro Micro ATX AMD Motherboard - OEM I am a complete when it comes to computers so hypothetically if you were going to tell a complete how to install this new mother board how would you do it The guy that sold it to me tells me it should be just a matter of hooking it up and running the restore cd It sounds too good to be true but I can t afford a new system and I m willing to give it a shot fixing it He also mentioned that I might have to update my bios What s a bios lol Also can you reccomend a good replacement powersupply nbsp

A:Emachines Motherboard

rather than destroy a good new motherboard, I would seriously recommend reading some books on building computers. There is more to it than can be simply addressed in a blog.

Swapping out a motherboard will also require reloading of your operating system. This is also assuming your other components weren't fried by your PSU.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/emachines-motherboard.71528/
Relevancy 57.19%

I have an emachines pc emachines motherboard Upgrade pc in running win xp home It came with recovery disks to reinstall the OS if needed I want to buy a new motherboard for this Upgrade motherboard in emachines pc computer I do not want to have to buy win xp for this PC If I do this Before you make the hardware swap you re going to want to change the IDE drive controller s driver Go to your device manager right click on the My Computer icon and go to properties From there click the Hardware tab then click on the Device Manager button that will open up a new window Expand the IDE ATA ATAPI controllers section right click on the your main IDE drive controller and select Update Driver Once the Hardware Update Wizard opens select Install from a list or specific location Advanced then select the quot Don t search I will choose the right driver to install quot radio box and click next From there select Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller and click next Once that s done Windows XP will be configured to use the default IDE controller driver so that you can swap out your motherboard without having the scary blue inaccessible boot device screen show Of course once you re finished swapping out parts simply install the latest drivers for the new motherboard and you should be set http KipSolutions MovingXPNewMotherboard MovingXP htm Will I be able to reboot to windows and then reset the IDE controlller to the new MB s drivers without having to lose what is on my HD I recently three days ago did clean reinstall of Windows So there isn t much on it anyways My fear is that my recovery disks won t allow me to reinstall windows because my hardware has changed But I will be forced to reinstall because of the new MB Is my product key good if I use an XP disk borrowed from someone else nbsp

A:Upgrade motherboard in emachines pc

Normally when you swap MB's it would be best to re-install windows , Drivers etc.XP may make you re.register because of the significant hardware change.
There are many other drivers than just the IDE controller to consider.
Also Emachines are not the most upgrade friendly.I would first go to their Web and see what they support for this upgrade.
Let us know what you learn their.
You cannot use another XP disk as your oem license will not be accepted by it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrade-motherboard-in-emachines-pc.24109/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hello all

So i got this pc today from a guy at work. I was going to replace his power supply for him but first he took it to best buy to have them check and see what the deal was and if he still had a warranty. Well warranty was up and it is the board that is fried..So he wanted me to check on finding him a replacement. Well today he decided to just not mess with it so he gave it to me.

Here is the problem. I'm pretty experienced with replacing hardware but i have never messed with a MB and i'm not sure what to look for. It's an ET1831-05
ntel® Celeron® Processor 450
(2.20GHz, 512KB cache, 800MHz FSB)

any help is greatly appreciated

A:Motherboard and processor for eMachines PC

So, you thought it was the PSU and now your told it is the motherboard, are you sure? Who made the diagnosis. What are the symptons, does it power up, any fans running, any beep codes, etc.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motherboard-and-processor-for-emachines-pc.162537/
Relevancy 57.19%

I have an Emachines T that has stopped working Searching for help I came accross incidents of the same type and results that the motherboard wasn t working so I came to the same conclusion I assume either my motherboard or the PSU doesn t work I was considering purchasing a motherboard from http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Since I read these are compatible but a friend of mine Emachines question motherboard told me that since I have a DDR RAM i d have to find a motherboard with the same Emachines motherboard question memory standard if I want to keep using the RAM I already have Any help or suggestions on this Also I have Windows XP Home SP Emachines motherboard question installed on the HDD but I only have Win Prof CD I read on the microsoft website that if u r replacing a mobo you can just repair Windows instead of reinstalling would I still need a Home CD or would Prof work as well I emailed them but haven t gotten a response yet What would be a good PSU to get as i ve read here that I migt as well get a new one just in case and replace the Emachines motherboard question already old one The current one I have is abt V I ve had my PC for about years I m only looking to spend around - Can t afford anything more as of now Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Emachines motherboard question

Although the motherboard may be an exact duplicate, the serial # is not. Part of the verification process is checking the serial #. Once you swap motherboards, windows should recognize a change and refuse to cooperate. Part of this "repair" process M$ is talking about it re-registering the machine. Follow M$ directions. Windows XP is only licensed and configured for one motherboard at a time.

Also when E-crap machines blow their power supplies they generally take out the motherboard as well. You can get a 350W psu for around $40

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/emachines-motherboard-question.72350/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hello to all I have an EMACHINE W that is approx years old It started the dreaded shutting off by itself problem last week I bench tested the PSU and the power at the motherboard connection and all was well and within specs While the case eMachines replacement motherboard was opened I noticed that of the capacitors next to the CPU were swollen After researching this on the net I am convinced that the motherboard is probably the culprit I know that it s a eMachines motherboard replacement peice of crap computer but I just want to get another years out of it I am in no way a computer guru and find that I understand hardware more than I do software issues My question is this I would love to replace the motherboard and the PSU to get it up and running but is eMachines motherboard replacement there another motherboard I could use instead of the high priced poor quality one that was installed I am also confused on the software issues involved I have recovery discs I received in the mail last week I had to get these because I couldn t access the recovery partition on the hard drive due to a admin password problem So if I replace the motherboard with another does that mean the recovery discs dont have the OS on them Even though it s a Vista system I have had a Windows XP proffesional disc sitting on my desk for years and never used it My neice purchased it from the college bookstore and never loaded it So all in all I admit the software thing confuses me Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated I will gladly post system specs if needed I just kept it quot general quot for now since it might be a generic answer The motherboard is a MCP SM-GM Again thanks in advance and God Bless Mike in South Carolina Sorry for the bold caps on title I cant figure out how to change it nbsp

A:eMachines motherboard replacement

Dead and not worth replacing, as the restore disks will likely not work.
The motherboard is a known failure, and is actually a 6 year oild board.
ASRock boards are low cost and work, as are many others from the online stores... but you also have to get the right CPU, CPU cooler, power supply, memory, for that board, and make the external plugs fit the case.
You can look at the motherboard specs on line at Directron.com, Newegg.com, Frys.com, PCMall.com, CDW.com, ZipZoomFly.com, and many others... and you will immediately see how complex the order is in matching up everything.
You are probably best off asking a local guru, High School or College Kid with a high interest in computers. Give it to them for a couple of weeks, and let them get it right for you.
The hard drive, memory, and optical drive are still good... but matching them up takes some work, and we would have to see the board setup and CPU to be sure.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/emachines-motherboard-replacement.150587/
Relevancy 56.33%

I accidentally removed three cables and need help replugging back into T6216 motherboard.

The three cables (two wires each) are identified as HDD LED, POWER LED, and POWER SW.

The connect pins on the motherboard are color coded.

Can someone identify the correct color code for these three plugs.

Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 56.33%

i'm new to hardware replacement and the motherboard on my emachines failed. how do i figure out exactly what i need for replacement? current mother board has 2.5 ghz celeron processor. any advice would be great.

A:emachines T2596 motherboard replacement

Welcome to techspot.
Your system should have a socket 478 intel processor and ddr memory.
Your system likely uses a micro atx board, as many prebuilt systems do.
Here's a board that should be compatible with your current parts.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813128222

I've used this board, and think it's pretty nice. It should be much better than your current one though, as it supports cpus with up to a 800mhz fsb, including prescott cores and cpus with intel's ht tech(your celeron is a 400fsb), ddr memory up to pc3200 speed, (your ram is pc2100), and it also has an agp slot, so if you'd ever need faster video(for gaming etc), you can add in a graphics card. The board also has integrated graphics like your current board, so you wouldn't need to buy a graphics card if you don't want the extra expense.

The hardest part of replacing the board though will be getting the new motherboard connected to the pc case you have, specifically the power button, usb, and leds. I'm not exactly sure how your pc case is setup, but it likely can be connected to the motherboard. You probably will want to/have to reinstall windows after the replacement, since the motherboard is different. It might be possible to do a repair install of xp and keep your data intact.

If you want an exact replacement board, try searching ebay for your pc's model number and "motherboard".

Hope this helps.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/emachines-t2596-motherboard-replacement.40725/
Relevancy 56.33%

I have a none working eMachines W2785. When I say none working I mean it won't even power up. I replaced the PSU with a generic 450 Watt PSU but, it hasn't changed the functionality of the PC. Can someone please give me some options for the next step in trying to fix it?!

Relevancy 56.33%

I have an emachines T2825 that will not power up. I replaced the PSU, assuming that was the problem and had the same problem. Next step was replace the CPU. Did that and had the same problem. This leads me to believe that I have fried my motherboard. I would like someone more computer savvy than I to help me out. I don't want to upgrade the mobo, I just need to know what kinda mobo is in it and where I could buy a new one. If anyone could help, please let me know. Also, has anyone with the T2825 had the same problem? From what I hear it isn't uncommon for the emachines to die like this. Thanks. QtfImiK

A:Emachines T2825 motherboard issues.

qtfmik: Go to www.majorgeeks.com and find Aida32. This diagnostic tool will give you all the info about your system you ever wanted to know. You'll find it under System Tools on the left side of the window. It's free.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/emachines-t2825-motherboard-issues.450668/
Relevancy 56.33%

Does anybody know what motherboard can replace the one used in eMachines H2642?

I know there is a ASROCK motherboard that can replace and that is compatible with recovery discs but do not know the model???

A:eMachines H2642 motherboard replacement?

http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic62782.html

I suggest contact emachines

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/emachines-h2642-motherboard-replacement.74365/
Relevancy 56.33%

Awhile back my eMachines T6420 Replacing motherboard eMachines T blew some caps on the motherboard and quit working I bought a new MS- mb and a new power supply It still won t work right The computer powers on and off with the front power switch but I get no indicator lights on the front of the tower and a quot No Signal quot message on the monitor The Caps lock and the Num lock lights on Replacing eMachines T6420 motherboard the keyboard don t light up and my optical mouse light doesn t come on The cooling fan on the power supply and on the case run but the CPU fan is off My DVD CD tray will open and close but if I put the restore disc in it nothing changes I would really like to get this machine running again so that I can rescue my files I have an exterior hard drive I used for backups but since this machine I have now is a Win version it refuses to recognize Replacing eMachines T6420 motherboard most of the backuped up data Plus I really miss Outlook Express Thanks for any help you can give me nbsp

A:Replacing eMachines T6420 motherboard

It sounds like your new motherboard or powersupply may be bad. There is also the possibility that other components (CPU, RAM) may have been damaged depending how the old board failed. Was it just leaking caps or did it fail catastrophically (sparks, smoke, exploding caps, etc.)? Of course double check all connections and make sure all components are seated properly in their slots/sockets. Also what PSU did you get (is it OEM or aftermarket and if aftermarket please give brand, model, and rating on the various rails). Also was the "new" motherboard actually new or a used/refurbished one?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/replacing-emachines-t6420-motherboard.175076/
Relevancy 56.33%

Wish I d motherboard toast. it is What Emachines with? replace to read the post about the power supply It destroyed my son s motherboard It s a T Emachines told me to replace it with their FIC VG Emachines motherboard is toast. What to replace it with? which is a socket Pentium based on chipset Intel GE FSB MHz Since my son has not backed up his music files he could Emachines motherboard is toast. What to replace it with? just replace it with the VG and everything should work My question is do I have to do that There are some Intel boards that look like they might be better but I m a real novice This is an old machine and I don t want to spend a fortune Do I get a new motherboard CPU or can I just buy a new motherboard and use the old CPU There s an Intel D GEBV S FSB DDR ATX A V WB Intel Pentium processor in a PGA socket with a MHz system bus It s only from Hyper Microsystems Is it okay or should I go for a better model My son is a musician and his girlfriend does lots of graphics Any recommendations would be appreciated Eventually we ll just have to upgrade to a better machine but for now I just want the thing to work nbsp

A:Emachines motherboard is toast. What to replace it with?

I would just get a new system that is upgradable at a later time. I don't want to be biased since I own a Dell but you could go to Walmart and buy a whole new system that can be upgraded a component at a time at a later date. I bought mine from Dell before they were available retail. Just a suggestion:

http://www.walmart.com/search/searc...query=dell&ic=24_0&Continue.x=27&Continue.y=5

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/emachines-motherboard-is-toast-what-to-replace-it-with.81550/
Relevancy 55.9%

February th PM Hello eyerybody I have an Emachines T with a G celeron D A few days ago it was working fine when suddenly it went dead with the front panel light flashing on and off accompanied by a start T2692 not Emachines motherboard, problem, or ps does clicking sound I switched it off and restarted it a few Emachines T2692 problem, ps or motherboard, does not start minutes later and it then appeared to be working fine Last night I left it on while I had dinner and when I returned the same thing was happening I removed the back and I noticed that the Power supply fan is on but the CPU fan is not The CPU did not appear to be hot so it seems like there is no power to the CPU After swiched it off again any further attempt to reboot the machine fail Now the PC does not start at all anymore Is this a motherboard or a power supply problem How would I check Thanks for every comment or suggestion Hank nbsp

A:Emachines T2692 problem, ps or motherboard, does not start

Given it's an Emachine probably both.Unfortinutally Emachines especially older ones have cheap under rated powersupplies with no overvoltage protection. These power supplies tend to die after 2 or 3 years and take the motherboard and sometimes other components with them.
First replace the powersupply and if that doesn't work replace the motherboard.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/emachines-t2692-problem-ps-or-motherboard-does-not-start.44522/
Relevancy 55.04%

I inherited an eMachines W2247 (AM37 mobo) because of a "blank display" problem, and hoped that I could install a video card.

How do I disable the onboard video? Is there a jumper on the mobo (I can't see one), or do I have to disable the onboard video in the BIOS? Of course, without a display, I can't access the BIOS.

I visited eMachines web site, but there is no help there.

I know that I will probably have to replace the mobo ($139.95), as this would be more cost effective than purchasing a new PC.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

A:Blank Display - eMachines W2247 with AM37 Motherboard

Hello! Welcome to TechSpot

dqualls said:

How do I disable the onboard video? Is there a jumper on the mobo (I can't see one), or do I have to disable the onboard video in the BIOS? Of course, without a display, I can't access the BIOS.Click to expand...

Try clearing the cmos(bios), ussualy a jumper very near the battery on the MoBo. If needed remove the battery for about 10 mins...
No jumper I'm aware of to disable onboard video, should be in the bios.
E-machines with trouble like this in advance can get costly to fix but
well worth a try...
G'Luck

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/blank-display-emachines-w2247-with-am37-motherboard.32532/
Relevancy 54.61%

I have install Replaced emachines boot or wont XP Solved: motherboard. an emachines T whose motherboard apparently died because the computer doesnt start up no fans or anything when pressing Solved: Replaced emachines motherboard. XP wont boot or install the power button Even tried a couple of others PSUs but they didn t work either So I had a spare couple of emachines laying around A T and a T I took the s hard drive and hooked it to other two motherboards and on both of them it will get past the POST and reboot right before the XP logo would normally come up Actually on the a Solved: Replaced emachines motherboard. XP wont boot or install blue screen flashes for Solved: Replaced emachines motherboard. XP wont boot or install just a brief moment but I m not able to read it before it reboots I even tried a reformat with the s restore disc and it still does the same thing Is the emachines install tied only to that motherboard that is now dead What do you suggest I m trying to do this for someone and they want it done as cheaply as possible Thanks nbsp

A:Solved: Replaced emachines motherboard. XP wont boot or install

The drivers installed on that hard drive as part of the Windows installation would most certainly be for the motherboard on that 2842. While you can successfully boot Windows with drivers missing or incorrect (e.g., for a wireless adapter), I think that the motherboard includes some critical components--no drivers, no boot. I think that you will need to install (with or without a format) from a Windows CD. I do not know what that restore disc is, so can't comment directly on it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-replaced-emachines-motherboard-xp-wont-boot-or-install.735377/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello: I have changed out everything in an emachines ET1161-05 built in 2007 I believe. So its all new again. However I had purchased from a pawn shop this machine fitted with a soundblaster live in its modem slot. And the darn thing was playing in stereo. The motherboard finally bought the farm, and I replaced it with a new motherboard that only gets sound out of the rear green plug in. This is suppose to be normal I was advised by a local computer shop and that the motherboard can only play mono unless a rather inexpensive usb sound splitter is attached what has two plugins for two separate sound channels. Does anybody know if that motherboard was suppose to play stereo and I was shipped a defectve replacement. Or was the half fried motherboard shorting out and sending power thru the modem slot and somehow reaching the sound card? The motherboards are both Ht2000, product of China.

A:stereo sound on HT2000 motherboard as standard equipment on emachines ET1161-05

The green plug is stereo, Did you try the sound card in the new board?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/stereo-sound-on-ht2000-motherboard-as-standard-equipment-on-emachines-et1161-05-a-998162.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Does anyone know if you can do a repair of WindowsXP Home edition with the EMachine restore cd? Or is this only used to completely format and start over (because its name is restore)?

Thanks for your help,
Joe

A:EMachine T2482

My experiences with Emachines has been that their restore/recovery CD formats the drive and reloads windows on it. You will lose everyting on your harddrive and when it is finished, it will look like it did when you first powered it on.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/emachine-t2482-83111.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Every time I use the computer I get a thumping noise which slows it up. It is particularly bad when not on the internet, e.g. looking for something in 'My Computer'. Someone told me this might be the fan burning out and that soon the computer would pack up altogether. This machine was put together for me by a friend who's no longer here. If I put a new motherboard in would this cure the problem? Or is there some other way of getting rid of the thumping? Sorry I'm not familiar with technical terms, but would appreciate your views.

Relevancy 50.31%

Ok I am currently in the process of builiding my first computer I managed to put my motherboard A n x-x into my case and plugged in all the power cables onto it I turned on the power to see if I did all the electric stuff right and if the computer can start up Then I noticed some smoke was coming out of my System warning Speaker pin that was was on the motherboard I immedietly turned of the power and found out that the ground wire wasn t attached to my speaker I managed to plugged in the wire back onto to speaker with some force and started up the pc again Everything is working fine with no more smoke but I am not sure if the warning speakers are fried Is there a way to make the burning? Can motherboard little a take a computer quot beep quot with just a motherboard and a case I am still waiting some computer parts I ordered online so there is no way I can finish the pc anytime soon but I want to know if I did something wrong and exchange for some new parts nbsp

A:Can a motherboard take a little burning?

it should be fine but you should always double check the connections and grounds before turning on anything. You could always un hook the speaker and hook it up to a stereo at VERY LOW VOLUME and test it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-a-motherboard-take-a-little-burning.235251/
Relevancy 49.88%

I had a short in the computer but I don t know where It would start to come on then stop I found that tilting the tower waiting for the computer to start and setting it back down gently worked Then it worked for a few months without even having to do the tilting setting it down gently routine A few days ago I had to move it to upgrade the memory After I installed the card in short power emachine T2482 the slot I tried to turn on the computer It will not come back on At first there seemed to be a short in the button on the front I ve removed it and touched the two wires together SOMETIMES not every time this will cause the fan to start and a light on the front to come on but this lasts a few seconds I hope emachine T2482 power short you can give me some hope for remedying this I about ready for emachine T2482 power short a new computer anyway but I d like to get some of emachine T2482 power short the files off this one first nbsp

A:emachine T2482 power short

My first thought would be a failing pw supply. Emachines come with junk pw supplies and very often fail.
Easiest way to test would be to swap in a known good unit.

If you just want to copy some data files from the old computer, you can simply pull your hd and connect it to the system you buy. Copy whatever you want.

If you are intending to buy/build a new system, I would think long and hard about putting any money into an old emachine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/emachine-t2482-power-short.787085/
Relevancy 49.88%

My emachine recovery? T2482 Does have harddrive Emachine T gives me this message quot We apologize for the inconvenience but Windows did not start up successfully A recent hardware or software change might have caused this If your computer stopped responding restarted unexpectedly or was automatically shut down to protect your files and folders choose Last Known Good Configuration to revert to the most recent settings that worked If a previous startup attempt was interupped due to an power failure Does Emachine T2482 have harddrive recovery? or because the Power Does Emachine T2482 have harddrive recovery? or Rest button was pressed or if you aren't sure what caused the problem choose Start Windows Normally Safe Mode Safe Mode with Networking Safe Mode with Command Prompt Last known Good Configuration your most recent settings that worked Start Windows Normally Use the up and down arrow keys to move the highlight to your choice quot I think I need to do a system recovery but I can not get the recovery CDs so I was wondering if the T model has the harddrive recovery EDIT The OS is XP

A:Does Emachine T2482 have harddrive recovery?

and welcome to the Forum

When you first press the power button and before the Operating System starts to load, do you see a prompt to "Press F11 for system recovery" ( the F11 may be another key )

If not, you do not have the builtin recovery facility

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/does-emachine-t2482-have-harddrive-recovery-395887.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I have an ASUS P GD -VM motherboard which has on-board Video Audio and Ethernet Card About a month ago the Ethernet Card quit working It was still under warranty so I sent the motherboard it back to ASUS They sent me a replacement with the same model I thought that by very Burning swap and slow DVD/CD Files copying after Motherboard just swapping the motherboard with an identical model should bring my computer back up to the same performance as before That is not what happened When I put in the new motherboard and connected everything up the video controller in the Device Manager came back as quot quot Also the display started showing some flicker I removed the Video Controller from the Device Manager and tried using the auto search feature of the Hardware wizard to reinstall the driver but it failed to install Well I reinstalled the Video Driver from the CD that came with the original motherboard and it got rid of the quot quot in the Device Manager but the flicker did not go away and it is still there The other problem that I am facing is the DVD CD write speeds Yesterday for the first time after putting the new motherboard in I tried burning a DVD and it took - hours where it used to DVD/CD Burning and Files copying very slow after Motherboard swap burn the DVD in about minutes before the MB swap It burned the DVD fine but it took times longer than normal I was using Nero Burning Rom to burn the DVD and I noticed that the Used Read Buffer will keep dropping from to and then start going back up to and back and forth This process continued for the entire burning process I then tried copying the DVD folder about GB to another folder on the same physical hard drive and copying progress gave me an estimated time of minutes It never took so long to copy GB from HD to HD I am totally at a loss as to what is going on and will really appreciate if someone can help resolve this problem Thanks in advance for your help Subhash nbsp

Relevancy 39.56%

I bought a Dell Inspiron laptop new in Italy in the close burning the and keeps DVDs drive the fails windows burning spinnin When but December from a major computer store The computer came installed with Windows Home Premium Italian and I have installed on it an original version of Microsoft Office When burning DVDs the windows close and the burning fails but the drive keeps spinnin XP Professional Edition English The CD-ROM unit is a Matsushita DVD -RW UJ Since I bought the computer I have sometimes had difficulty burning DVDs with the When burning DVDs the windows close and the burning fails but the drive keeps spinnin built-in Windows burner function that I access from Explorer Often in the past I have ended up with partially written DVDs Nevertheless by using high-quality DVDs I have been able to burn DVDs successfully most of the time using the Windows utility I last used the utility successfully a couple of months ago when I burned a couple of DVDs to backup some photos Since yesterday I have been trying to backup my most important files onto DVDs The attempt has failed in every case First I copy about GB of files from drive C onto drive D in Explorer These are several hundred files divided into three different directories consisting mostly of PDF Word Excel and JPG files some of them with names in foreign scripts like Cyrillic Japanese or Chinese Then I insert a new DVD either Verbatim or TDK and attempt to master the DVD by selecting the option write to disk from the Explorer menu whether from When burning DVDs the windows close and the burning fails but the drive keeps spinnin the menus at the top of the screen or by right-clicking on drive D in the lefthand pane of the screen A window pops up asking me for the name of the disk whether I want it to be flash or one-time only and the recording speed x x x etc Once I click continue to start burning the DVD a window pops up to tell me that Windows is making an image of the disk and then the window tells me that it has begun mastering the disk giving me a countdown of how many minutes are left minutes to minutes depending on the speed I choose But no matter what name I give to the disk and what recording speed I pick after - seconds the popup window and the Explorer window both suddenly close and the DVD unit s writing light goes out but the DVD unit continues to whir at high speed forever Here are the results I got yesterday with separate DVDs On the first DVD I used Windows s burn utility on a Verbatim DVD and I ended up with files burned onto the DVD making it unusable On the second try I used some simple burn software that I had used before Roxio Burn on a TDK DVD and ended up with files burned onto the disk but from different folders than the files burned by Windows On my third attempt after going offline shutting down my antivirus software AVG and using Task Manager to shut down processes from that other burn software Roxio Burn I used Windows s burn utility again on a TDK DVD and ended up with the identical files that had I ended up with the first time though this time I had chosen a lower writing speed In all three of these attempts the DVD unit continued to whir after the windows had closed until such time as I ejected the disk manually When I first encountered this problem yesterday I thought the problem might be caused by my antivirus software AVG Free Edition interfering with the writing process because after one particular automatic update by AVG about two months ago I began having problems with AVG blocking Skype and placing some of my Nokia cell phone software in quarantine But by disabling the HIPS element of AVG I was able to resolve those problems several weeks ago and begin using Skype successfully again But just to be sure today I disinstalled AVG completely and installed Microsoft Security Essentials Because I had read in a forum online that Windows might have conflicts with other burning software that was also installed today I also disinstalled the o... Read more

A:When burning DVDs the windows close and the burning fails but the drive keeps spinnin

My guess would be theres something wrong with the dvd drive.I also have the same computer.Either the laser in it is shot or needs cleaned or the whole drive has failed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/when-burning-dvds-the-windows-close-and-the-burning-fails-but-the-drive-keeps-spinnin.1027134/
Relevancy 39.56%

Nero Burning ROM crashed during burning and now my DVD drive is unusable. I cannot open the drive, I cannot shut down the computer because it says "Waiting for DVD Drive D:" and the drive runs like it is still burning despite the program doing the burning is no longer open. It isn't even in any process. What can I do to make the drive stop?

A:Nero Burning ROM crashing caused perpetual burning from DVD Drive

Go to Task Manager...shut the system down from there.

Turn system off....hard shutdown if necessary...disconnect the optical drive.

Sounds to me like it's a hardware problem moreso than a software problem if you cannot manually open the drive.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/601018/nero-burning-rom-crashing-caused-perpetual-burning-from-dvd-drive/
Relevancy 39.13%

some nero burning user veteran??problem burning cdr ,dvdrs.i cant burn a cdr.with windows media player is posible.also i use clone dvd with sucess. with nero is posible to erase a cdr-w.the problem is i cant record a cdr.when it comes to 3% to 8% the program tell "the burn failed"some advice?thanks for the attention

A:some nero burning user veteran??problem burning...

I am a "Nero Veteran", war veteran, etc.. etc.. The reason your having problems is simple. Some discs cannot be copied, as they may be copy protected or contain errors. If you are unsure if your disc can be copied,
run a trial in the "simulation" mode. Click on "More" at the bottom of the page and select "Simulation".

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/some-nero-burning-user-veteran-problem-burning.234868/
Relevancy 38.27%

When I burn cd/dvds with Windows 7 built in burning software and windows media player all my burns are successful. When I try to use Nero, CD Burner XP or imgburn, it fails. My computer is plenty fast enough(2.8ghz, 4gb ddr2, 250gb sata hd) and I tried reinstalling windows 7 without nero or deamon tools and tested with CD Burner XP, it still failed. I am using Sony blank CD's and also tried a few other name brand. I am burning at the lowest speeds. I purchased a brand new dvd burner and the firmware is up to date. The error I am getting is "Could not write to Disc". It fails randomly anywhere from 3%-30%. Any ideas? Again, windows 7 native burning works fine but other software does not. Same pc, same blanks, same burner, same hardware just different software. Any Ideas at all?

A:Windows 7 Native Burning OK, other burning apps NOT OK

Chipset driver?

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/29663-windows-7-native-burning-ok-other-burning-apps-not-ok.html
Relevancy 38.27%

Hi

I would be gratefull for help, just a week or two my inside and outside (USB) recorders started to work extremly slow.
Using Nero 14 i can see the real recording speed 800 - 1 500 kB/s when using 16x (22 160 kB/S). My usb samsung blu-ray recorder also work very slow - data fo 25 Gb disc takes about 4 hours.
It is a new machine, 16 Gb RAM, 3770K on board so it is a fast one but recording...
I tried deinstaling IDE i decice manager.
I tried Ashampoo, CDburnerXP - all the same.
During recording HDD 0 (c shows 1% usage.
No software in background - just Kaspersky

DVD and Blu-ray have no errors - veryfication ok, surface test also - only very slow.
Tested media: TDK, Sony, Panasonic (all 16x for dvd and 6x for blu-ray)

Please help

A:DVD-R burning more then 1 hour! Super slow Burning DVD-R

Look in Device Manager. Right click on the burners and see if DMA is enabled. Usually when super slow kicks in it's because somehow this setting gets changed to disabled.

Turn Direct Memory Access (DMA) on or off - Microsoft Windows Help

The instructions are for Windows 7 but once you get to Device Manager I'd bet it's the same.

In W8 the quick way to Device Manager is hit Winkey-x then m.

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/37343-dvd-r-burning-more-then-1-hour-super-slow-burning-dvd-r.html
Relevancy 36.98%

Bottom left corner of Spectre x360 is BURNING HOT !!! There are many other messages on this forum describing the same problem but HP SUPPORT IS NOT ANSWERING THE QUESTION !!! HP SUPPORT, PLEASE DO NOT JUST POST A BOILER-PLATE PRE-WRITTEN ANSWER TO THIS. In other messages on this forum, multiple replacements of Spectre x360 ALL HAD THE SAME PROBLEM. Is HP going to fix the problem and do a recall, or what? How do we know that HP is aware of and working on this problem?

A:BURNING HOT Spectre x360 BURNING HOT

@ImTheMom?

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/BURNING-HOT-Spectre-x360-BURNING-HOT/td-p/5258144
Relevancy 36.98%

My OS is windows xp home SP my system is Gateway Select with GH AMD Athlon processor MB RAM GB hard drive with GB free NEC DV- A DVD CD ROM internal drive and IDE CD R RW x x internal drive When I write on a CD using xp s built in Cd writing utility I CD burning Wxp's cd burning with utility builtin cannot read the newly written data in the RW drive but can read it in the DVD drive and can also read it in the CD RW drive after I reboot the computer Another inexplainable feature is that when I look at the properties of a CD that has been written in the RW drove in Windows explorer used space shown is only the space used by files in the root directory and not by all the files I have two questions Is this inability to read newly written data in the RW drive without rebooting the computer a feature of Windows XP or of the CD writing utility CD burning with Wxp's builtin cd burning utility that is built in the OS If it is a feature of the OS is there a fix that would enable the data to be read after being written without a reboot Does Easy Media Creator Basic CD burning with Wxp's builtin cd burning utility by Roxio have a feature that enables newly written data to be read without reboot Thanks Preet nbsp

A:CD burning with Wxp's builtin cd burning utility

i use roxio cd creater 5 and yes it reads the disk without reboot - even though i have xp on a few machines with cdrw never used the built in facility

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-burning-with-wxps-builtin-cd-burning-utility.401978/
Relevancy 36.98%

Ok, i'm new to this CD Burning. I have Nero Express, and i'm having a little problem with it.

I've copied an Audio CD to a CD-R, and it plays fine, but there are still space on it, and i wanted to put a MP3 (it converts to CDA really nice also) together with the already burned tracks, but i can't. Everytime i put the same CD, i get the folloqing message:

"This midia cannot be recorded
Please Insert another midia."

(Sorry if it's not right, cuz i translated from portuguese)

Can i do what i want?? How??

Sorry if it is hard to understand, it is hard to explain.

Thank you

A:Audio CD Burning with Nero Burning Rom

You cannot append any audio files to an disc that has been completed. Once a disc is completed it cannot access the remaining space. Especially with Nero Express. Once a disc is burned it is "closed (finalized)."

This is just a simple explanation.

I believe Roxio's Easy cd creator lets you add files to your disc as long as you don't "finalize" it. Until you finalize it you will not be able to listen to the music.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/audio-cd-burning-with-nero-burning-rom.155018/
Relevancy 36.98%

Have been burning CDs through Windows Media Player forever; no problems. Suddenly, when I choose 'Burn CD', nothing happens. No error messages.

BUT, when I choose a previous playlist to burn, it works. The non-burn problem seems limited to only recently downloaded music playlists. These same playlists do play on my computer, so they're obviously recorded and working.

Thoughts??

Susan

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-burning-some-playlists-arent-burning.439565/
Relevancy 36.98%

I have a Compaq Presario SR5710Y with AMD Athalon x2 4450e dual core processors, 3gb memory and 350gb hard drive. My CD-DVD burner is (this is what it says in device manager)
ATAPI DVD A DH16A6L-C SCSI cd rom device.
I have been burning my dvds with convert x to dvd with no problems up until this . Every time I go to burn a DVD it will convert but when it burns it is taking so long (I usually burn at 6x) I did a speed test and it said it was burning at .05%. It would probably take 5 hours to burn a normal movie,Anyone know why this may be happening? Thanks in advance

A:My dvd burner has slowed was burning at 6x now burning at .05%

If you are converting to a format readable by a dvd player they burner will burn very slowly depending on the source file. Now does you cpu max out when burning?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-dvd-burner-has-slowed-was-burning-at-6x-now-burning-at-05.125659/
Relevancy 34.83%

I went home for Christmas and my mom said that her emachine would not power up. My son in law has some computer knowledge and checked the power cord and the power supply both which are not the problem. He said he does a burn spot on the motherboard. My question is... are the parts on emachines proprietary or can you just replace it with a comparable motherboard?.... or should she just make it a boat anchor and buy a new CPU, is it worth the $$$.
Lori

Relevancy 34.83%

I would like to replace the WinXP with Win2000 Pro, but It is my understanding that eMachines specifically looks for the XP op sys and this is not possible. Comments?

Relevancy 34.83%

what brands are compatible hard drives with e machines ?

A:emachines

It depends on your Motherboard, you either have an IDE or SATA connection, it doesn't matter that it is an eMachine. This post belongs in hardware.

Post your system info, click Start/Run and type dxdiag

After it scans your system save the information to your desktop and then attach it to your post (use Advanced)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/emachines.586746/
Relevancy 34.83%

i hav a T2742 at work n it was having problems. so i did a system restore wit the cd. now everytime when i get to choose my computers name it freezes. i tried skipping it. stil didn't work anyway solution?

Relevancy 34.83%

Hello all,

Has anyone on this forum had any luck on getting a OS CD from eMachines? I had to replace a HDD and they, eMachines, have been giving me the runaround on getting the OS. They keep sending a canned answer about using the Restore Disk, witch we all know that will not work on a blank HDD. So my question is, Is there any way of getting a disk from eMachines.

A:Getting a OS CD from eMachines

Hi -

The restore disks should install on a new HDD.

eMachines nor any other OEM will provide you with a full retail copy of Vista unless system purchased with such.

Have you tried the recovery DVDs? I had similar situation with my HP system and used KillDisk to format the HDD, then used HP OEM recovery Vista x64 DVDs to re-install. All worked out just fine.

KillDisk - http://www.killdisk.com/downloadfree.htm

Make bootable KillDisk ISO CD w/ ImgBurn -
ImgBurn - http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download

After Vista installation - be sure to validate OS at WGA site.

WGA --> www.microsoft.com/genuine

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/getting-a-os-cd-from-emachines-472587.html
Relevancy 34.83%

I have a eMachines T3256. My house's power went off, then came back on the other day. Now, when I turn on the computer, the hard drive light comes on and stays on, the cooling fans work and that's all. The power switch on the front won't even turn it off. I have to unplug it. There is no POST beep or any indication that anything is happening. I've unplugged all cords from back, left the CMOS battery out for several hours, reseated the memory, removed the modem, still nothing. I don't have another CPU to stick in it.
I tried a new power supply, same result. I don't have a large budget. Any ideas what to try next?

Relevancy 34.83%

i can not get my emachines to start up it wont do anything i just replaced the power supply still no help no fan no light no nothing w2646???????????????

A:what going on with this emachines

Given It's an E-machines your motherboard is probably fried. Fried motherboards are a common problem in E-machines.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-going-on-with-this-emachines.59689/
Relevancy 34.83%

About 3 years ago my grandfather bought an emachine and while it seemed to do the job, it wasnt the most superior of machines.

NOw my friend is thinking about getting a computer and wanted to know how emachines were compared to similarly configured dells or gateways. Does anyone have an opinion? thanks

Relevancy 34.83%

I have an emachines pc, I had an NTLDR is compressed error, I tried to fix it. Now windows is not operating correctly. I wont read cd or have any sound some components are not working correctly. I simply want to try to run the system resotre cd and try it again. Any suggestions???
Thanks
V

and welcome to the Forum

How did it get compressed?

Do you have an installation disc or a restore disc ?. .

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/emachines-533600.html
Relevancy 34.83%

Does anyone know where I can download technical info for my emachines 330 that I believe is approx 3years old? I'm looking to upgrade the cpu but not sure how to go about this? Any help would be appreciated

Relevancy 34.83%

Here's one for the books [I think!]. I've installed a new hd in a late model emachine [Emachine was the first mistake]. I cannot get the system to recognize the floppy drive. It will boot from the CD-ROM. When I attempt to use either the Millenium Restore CD or a Win 98SE CD, the system will boot, attempt to install the CD-ROM drivers and report "no drives found" and abort. [The BIOS recognizes both the hd and the rom]. When I type DIR at the a: prompt the CD is read instead of the floppy. In all applications it seems the ROM is being identified as the floppy, or "a" drive. If I remove the CD-ROM the system will still not identify the floppy drive. Any ideas out there will be appreciated.

Relevancy 34.83%

hi i bought this computer at a trifty store and i got home and i found that has a problem that i have never seen, the problem is that i just plug in the back cable to the power supply box and it turns on directly i don't even have to turn it on from the front botton and it does'n even show any windows it doesn't detect my monitor too

what can it be

Relevancy 34.83%

Hi.

I've had this Emachines T2200 running Windows XP for a long time, without really any errors besides a cooling fan, and CD drive dying on me. The problem that I noticed today with it is that whenever I try to use the Emachines Restore to Factory Settings CDs the computer will go into a blank screen, and won't turn up to recovery mode. And when I try to reconfigure the settings of the BIOs to see the boot sequence to make sure the CD runs first, that doesn't even load! Whenever I try to press F8 or F6 a beep is heard and that's it. After that, Windows will load up.

If anyone can spare some time on this could you help?

Thanks in advance!

A:Emachines Help

BIOS is uaually accessed by pressing F2 . . DEL or ESC . . . F8 gets you to safe mode . . For help entering BIOS: http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/bios_manufacturer.htm

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/emachines-help-203233.html
Relevancy 34.83%

Emachines T2642 desktop
256MB Ram
40GB Hard drive

I bought the computer about 5 or 6 years ago for my children and its got pretty slow over time. I am not sure if I should upgrade the memory/ and or hard drive to speed it up, or use something they call Register Cleaner. I have no knowledge of the register cleaner or how to use it but read a little about it. I heard that I can transfer all my kids data to a External Hard drive to free up room, if thats true can someone explain to me how to do that? I need some oppinions here please.

Thanks,

Mike

A:Emachines with XP

Well, you could try defragmenting your hard drive. Hard drive fragmentation occurs over time from deleting and adding files. To defragment your hard drive(this is for Windows XP, I forgot if it's any different on 98/ME), open my computer, right click the drive, click Properties, click the Tools tab, then click the "Defragment now" button. Note that it could take some hours, but when it's done your files will be arranged to make reading and writing faster.

Quote:

I heard that I can transfer all my kids data to a External Hard drive to free up room, if thats true can someone explain to me how to do that?

As for transferring your kids files to an external hard drive, the process is pretty much the same as moving them from folder to folder. You attach the drive, and so long as there are no problems with Windows detecting the drive, you can go to my computer, open the hard drive like a folder, and drag the files you want to save onto the drive, and they should be copied.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/emachines-with-xp-191524.html
Relevancy 34.83%

Can I hook up a larger screen like a 24" RCA flatscreen tv to my emachines NAV51 for a larger picture

A:Emachines

If you are referring to the eMachines N350 netbook, then yes you can connect an external monitor via a VGA cable to the VGA port on the left side of the netbook.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/emachines.1056834/
Relevancy 34.83%

So i previously had windows xp on my emachines pc until i got windows 7. I installed it and everything went smoothely until it started up and it takes me to the emachines recovery management with 2 options
the first one is gray and wnt let me click it it says
"Restore System from factory defauly"

and the second one is "exit"

it only lets me click exit and when i click it it just restarts the pc and brings me back to this plz help

Relevancy 34.83%

Hi, I have my sisters pc here, trying to fix it for her, it is an emachine T4160, she has had it for a couple yrs now, anyway, I have reformatted her harddrive for her, but when I try to use the restore cd, when it is complete and reboots, I get this error:
technical information:
STOP
0XF9677640,0XC0000034,0X00000000,0X00000000
I even went as far as to load windows 98 in it, and everything loads, but it came with xp home edition, and I want to put it back in for her, but I don't have xp home, I have xp pro, anyway, I can't find any help from www.emachines.com, what to do?

There should be more to the STOP error. Does it not reference a module? Can you boot to safe mode? Because by owning that computer/restore CD, you own a license to XP Home, you can install from a normal XP home CD (copied from a friend for example).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/emachines.390825/
Relevancy 34.83%

i have just bought a secondhand computer as above , what would be the best programme to run , which would put everything back to when it was bought as new .
thanks all , pete

A:win xp emachines 360

If you have the recovery/restore disk set just run that and do a full restore, if you do not have this disk set then either order them from eMachines or try to find them via the internet possibly thru eBay or the such or purchase a Microsoft Windows install disk of the type of windows that you prefer like windows xp home and then do a clean install with formatting the hard drive and you should be all set.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win-xp-emachines-360.694511/
Relevancy 34.83%

I brought an emachines that came with XP a little over a year ago. I'm looking into upgrading and I was researching and I never registered my Xp home I don't think but obviously I'm well over the 30 activiation thing. So I don't quiet understand, did it come pre registered?

Anyway I don't remember if the xp cd came with the system but if it didn't is there anyway to transfer the XP I have on this system over to a new hard drive that I want to set as the new master?

Relevancy 34.83%

I have a problem I have an emachine T I bought new in I ve replaced the power supply twice since then but it was worked very well for me cruising the spider web listening to music and watching movies Last fall it started locking up and it became more and more frequent over the course of a month or two until I could barely boot windows before it would lock At this point I believe I executed an unsuccessfull or incomplete system restore and the computer has collected dust for the last six months Earlier this week I bought an emachine t for a few bucks on craigslist the young My hdd pc. another emachines in old both man said he didn t know what was wrong with it I thought I could use it to resurrect one of the two pcs I pry it open and it s missing the hard drive so I take my old sata hdd out and pop it in the new pc I think I read My old hdd in another pc. both emachines that the original hdd in this computer was IDE just fyi I press the power button and the power supply lights up and lets the smoke out of it Maybe it had already been smoked So I put my old psupply in the new pc it fires up but will not boot in normal mode I am now online but I am in safe mode Windows will not boot in normal mode and it will not boot to a last known safe point I tried to restore to an earlier date but there are no resore points whatsoever to choose from As well the os doesn t recognise the sm bus controller video audio and simple communications controllers I downloaded a chipset for this motherboard but it my os did not accept it I m not sure where to go from here to sneak online with this I did some research and understand that Windows is very anal about their devices being swapped around from computer to computer Any direction would be appreciated thanks nbsp

A:My old hdd in another pc. both emachines

Even just a relevant link would help.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-old-hdd-in-another-pc-both-emachines.203642/
Relevancy 34.4%

i have an emachine computer, it's model EMachines T2542 if that helps, ive had this computer for a few years and its worked fine and one day last week the light started going crazy on the tower and i turned it off because it was making a weird noise and now the computer won't even come on. Any ideas to what is wrong?

Relevancy 34.4%

I have an E Machines Desktop and it won't start up right. When I plug the power cord up the fans come on inside and the light on the CD drive flashes and the thinking light and thats it. The light around the power button doesn't come on like it should either. Thats all it does, the monitor won't come on and it doesn't respond to anything. I can't turn the fans off by the power switch or turn the computer completely on. The only way I can get the fans to go off is by unplugging the computer. Thanks for all help.

A:Emachines Won't Start Up Right

from the replys i've gotten other places they said the motherboard is cooked. I hope thats not true.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/51767/emachines-wont-start-up-right/
Relevancy 34.4%

I have a C6537 and whenever I try to get into bios (using tab) it tells me to press F2 to get into Bios setup and after I click F2 it goes to a black screen with a underscore blinking + I see no hard drive activity.... Can anyone help me out?
Thanks alot!

Relevancy 34.4%

i just purchased a new emachines desktop with AMD processor 3100+. its probably been siting on the shelf for a year but it was on sale!! it has trial versions of Mcalfie and norton. (i thought you should not have 2 different antivirus software together).

anyway, after just 2 days, IE is crashing when i am online. do i need to try all these diagnosis, updates, spybot, antivirus, etc. to get it working right or since it is bran new, should i just try to exchange or return it. i would not expect a new computer to already have these problems.

any suggestions would be great

happy holiday

Relevancy 34.4%

I bought an emachines computer a while back (bad idea lol). When I bought it, it already had windows 7 installed onto it. I got no pre packaged windows 7 key and disc or anything like that.

Anyways, now I am now looking to build my own PC. I was wondering if it is possible to switch windows 7 from my emachines onto a new pc? What I really am asking is when you buy an emachines with windows 7 already installed on it, is it like you own your own copy of windows 7 that you can put on other computers, or is it a locked version that can only be used on this one specific hard drive?

Thanks for your help.

A:Windows 7 and Emachines

It can only be used with the PC it came with

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-and-emachines.1029544/
Relevancy 34.4%

Right now, I'm not on the eMachines so I can't post the TSG SysInfo.

I have an eMachines 730 computer without the recovery discs (I lost them), I'm prepared to do a full reinstall of XP Home Edition (the disc contains SP2) which I have and is genuine. My only concern is I don't think XP has the drivers integrated into setup and I spoke to eMachines about finding the drivers however they said that the computer came out in 2001 and is discontinued! It is for that reason that I turn to you!

Relevancy 34.4%

I have an emachines t2542, and I've heard about problems with them and upgrade capabilities and everything, but I am trying to upgrade the motheboard.

Here are the full specs for my machine. NOTE: I added an extra stick of 512mb ram and a visiontek xtasy with an ati radeon 9100 chipset video card.

http://hardware.gamespot.com/EMachines-T2542-3351-S-1-2

Will someone help me pick out a GOOD motherboard that fits this machine? I'm looking to spend 50 to 70 dollars on one. I also don't know the form factor of the motherboard.

I'll also be upgrading the videocard soon too.

If you need anymore info just ask.

Thanks

Relevancy 34.4%

I would like to upgrade the processor in my father-in-laws desktop PC. I know he has an eMachines W3609 that he upgraded from a Celeron D to a Pentium 4. But i don;t know what P4 is in it. I would like to get a good idea, as this would be a fathers day gift. I already have ram in the cart. Does anyone else have one that can tell me which socket to buy? I know intel has had a few in the last 4 years. i am thinking about a dual core for Windows 7. It came loaded with Vista Basic, but that;s no help.

Thanks.

A:emachines W3609

The board uses a socket 775 processor. I wouldn't advise purchasing a processor. eMachine's uses manufacturer proprietary motherboards with a proprietary BIOS and only eMachines can tell you what processors are supported by that motherboard.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/emachines-w3609.998862/
Relevancy 34.4%

Hi everyone, say hello to the new guy!

I'm afraid my 2.3GHz Celeron eMachines 210 is extremely unwell. After it started doing weird things when powering up with front LEDS flashing and referencing the FDD but not booting, I left it a while and tried again, at which point nothing happened at all. I made a guess that the PSU had failed so have just installed a replacement and I'm back at Phase One - constant HDD LED but absolutely nothing else happening at all - CPU fan still, absolutely no display whatsoever.

I've tried unplugging power from FDD, from HDD, from DVD but nothing's happening.

Any ideas would be gratefully received.

Cheers

Phil B

Relevancy 34.4%

i bought the emachines 366c with cyrix MII processor. for some reason though, it is only running at 250 mhz. i tried playing with the jumpers a little bit, i don't REALLY know what i'm doing, but it seems like it wont start windows when you clock it at 366 this is horrible, i KNOW i need a new computer, but i don't have any money so i have to make do with what i have, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help!!

A:eMACHINES 366c

One thing I learned working for this hole in the wall computer store and selling crappy Cyrix Chips is that just because they call it a 366 does not mean it runs at 366 Mhz. That and the fact that Cyrix is the most unreliable CPU manufacturer in the world. I have seen so many bad CPU's from them I am still recovering from nightmares 5 years later. So if your computer is running at 250 mhz and Cyrix called it a 366c that is very normal thing for Cyrix. I recommend getting a new cheap system asap that is not cyrix.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/emachines-366c.34158/
Relevancy 34.4%

I have eMachines EL1200-01e that I've installed Windows 7 on. I need to update all of the drivers for it and I can't seem to find ones. Any help please?

A:eMachines EL1200-01e

here:

NVIDIA DRIVERS 15.49 WHQL

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/53977-emachines-el1200-01e.html
Relevancy 34.4%

well one night I was using my eMachines computer as I usally do, when all of sudden the PC shut down, then turned back on.....so I was like What was that all about.

Just then my KB turned on and off and started beeping so I called up my friend and he couldn't explain what could be happening, so I shut it down y pulling the plug out cause the computer froze, and it never turned back on again, just the "E" button flashes and the HDD button flashes and makes a click so do I have to replace the MOBO?

A:Another eMachines problem........

Welcome to the ranks of the downhearted......

If you've been reading the posts, Emachines power supplies suck. Sometimes they take out the motherboard sometimes they don't. But, they are the first thing that needs to be checked. You do I assume, mean the HDD light.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/another-emachines-problem.76468/
Relevancy 34.4%

My friend has an eMachines T3256 which comes with stock 512MB DDR-400 (PC2700) RAM. He wants to upgrade to 1GB. Do you have any suggestions for what kind of RAM he should get?

A:Memory for eMachines

According to www.crucial.com it can only take pc2700 to a maximum of 2 gig!!!!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/memory-for-emachines.61950/
Relevancy 34.4%

Using help from this forum I have now installed new mobo,new HD, new PSU,'new' RAM (1 Gig) known to be good matched pair from my PC. Using original P4 processor,DVD drive and floppy.
Switched on first time,POST ed OK. Put XP disc in drive. Started to install files, then skipped to flashing cursor which wont move or do anything via ANY key.

rebooted several times,get about one second of menu, then back to immovable flashing cursor. No input makes any difference,ie,F1-2-3-4-5-6 etc, or Esc,Del etc.

What have I done wrong. Have rechecked all cables,CPU seating etc....
All I need is to get to BIOS setup,. but cant !!!!!!!!

All help or advice appreciated.......Thanks....

Relevancy 34.4%

Hiya fellas unch my brother is shopping around for a new computer and someone suggested one of the eMachines lineup I eMachines? What's with wrong took a look at the series AMD Athlon processor DL DVD RW CD-RW drive GB hard drive GB PC DDR memory Windows XP Media Center -in- media manager It s a heck of a lot better than my Dell I figure What's wrong with eMachines? he can put a What's wrong with eMachines? decent video card into that PCI-e slot and maybe add a little bit of RAM in the future Granted people seem to say that building the PC yourself is a better deal but seriously what s wrong with that setup I can t put together something like that for Not to mention the finger-burning wire-poking and general confusion that would ensue if I ever tried to build a computer myself I can understand why some people might be unhappy with Dell I know I regret not having AGP or PCI-e or even a decent power supply And the fact that there s only room for one hard drive in the case pisses me off too But I don t see any weak points in the computer listed above Can someone enlighten me thanks wave nbsp

A:What's wrong with eMachines?

there's nothing wrong with that specification for only $600. Add a $300 graphix card and a new power supply for $60 then you have a very nice system for....about $1000, which is what my PC cost. Some people don't like the cases that dell/emachines give, and the expansion possibilities aren't all the great. Also the brand of the components are probably not top notch....but then again, I'm using corsair value memory, so I can't say much. But other than case, Power supply, and size, there's nothing wrong.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/whats-wrong-with-emachines.43163/
Relevancy 34.4%

ok i have a emachines w6409 i got it used it said it only i had 448 ram so i when out and got a new ram 1g but steel say it 448 even redid window steel say 448 can not play game like this how do i fix it please some one help me

Relevancy 34.4%

My dad has this computer here and we want to upgrade everything inside to the max that it can. I had a low profile model picked out for the graphics card but now I cannot find it. I want a 2GB card for him and I want to get up to 8GB of ram. If possible, I would also like to get a wireless card even if we use a dual slow gfx card.

A:eMachines EL1358G-51W

This one?
eMachines Desktop PC, AMD Athlon II Dual-Core Processor - Walmart.com
Emachines El1358g 51w Motherboard

http://www.pchelpforum.com/computer-diy/124627-emachines-el1358g-51w.html
Relevancy 34.4%

Hi im new here And I need Help Choosing a replacement motherboard for A buds emachines T2682. Its a socket 478 celeron D. Ive looked all over the site already but all the links are old ones. So any help is greatly appreciated. Thx.

A:Emachines mobo

Unfortunately socket 478 boards are hard to find these days.
Here are some options:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813123008
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1559072&CatId=182

You could also modernize the system with a cpu/motherboard combo like this.
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2366368&CatId=0
This would also require a cpu fan like this one:http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1272104&CatId=0

Or buy motherboard and cpu seperately:
Motherboard:http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813130064
CPU:http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819103032

Regardless of which route you go you will need a new powersupply since the e-machines ones are junk. (unless you replaced it already)
I recomend tihs one:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817104952

You will also need a new copy of windows since the E-machines restore CDs won't work with a new motherboard.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/emachines-mobo.67688/
Relevancy 34.4%

Hi,
Great forum.

This is my first thread on here.
The problem I've got is that after installing windows 7 on my emachines 4260, is that the graphics don't work properly.I've only got a standard graphics card.
I'd like to buy and install something a bit more up to date to get everything back on track.The problem is I'm not sure which one to buy,or for that matter compatable.I'd be very grateful for any help.

A:emachines 4260

Welcome.
To get you started, you should start by filling in your system specifications so that I, or anyone else, may be able to steer you in a right direction.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/81601-emachines-4260-a.html
Relevancy 34.4%

i need to get my emachines laptop to factory setting but my f-10 and alt option is not working

A:Emachines e528

Have you tried F8?

That should take you to the Advanced Boot Options menu.
On the Advanced Boot Options screen, use the arrow keys to select Repair your Computer, and then press the ENTER key.
In the System Recovery Options dialog box, select the appropriate keyboard layout, and then click Next.
In the System Recovery Options dialog box, click the down arrow to select a user account that has Administrator rights, then click OK.
In the System Recovery Options window, select Recovery Manager.
In the Gateway Recovery Center window, click Next.
In the Gateway system recovery window, select Full factory recovery.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/emachines-e528.1098426/
Relevancy 34.4%

I have a emachines T3116, OS is XP Pro. I can't get any audio. I've tried 2 motherboards,checked BIOS,installed all the drivers I can find. I bought two boards off Ebay, so they could both be as bad as the original. Just would like your opinion.

Thanks
Skinny Bob

Relevancy 34.4%

I have problem with emachines t- Everything are good parts such as motherboard memory hard drive and u name it but something wrong with cpu and cpu fan or the power leads which I plug in for power and reset I saw the cpu fan was running for second then it stopped and the red light on motherboard still on and the watts power suppy fan was on for second then stopped Any idea what s went wrong with it Does it need new power suppy fan or what All I see was power suppy fan fan then CPU shut down. Emachines on and cpu fan was run on for second then it stopped Any idea what went wrong Thanks Other weird thing that I was removed amd athan xp chip out of motherboard and I run test power on and it work everything power on goes we ll and good without chip in it so that does mean the chip is bad Emachines CPU fan on then shut down. or the power suppy or cpu fan are weakness that need new or need new chip I have emachines t- info here are Amd athan xp I upgrade mb memory I upgrade HD This computer had been running great for last years Thanks nbsp

A:Emachines CPU fan on then shut down.

I have an Emachines Laptop that does the same thing....Very strange. I gave up on trying to figure it out. Good luck

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/emachines-cpu-fan-on-then-shut-down.65411/
Relevancy 34.4%

Hi All,

I just can not make my laptop work with an external monitor, which is in this is my lcd telly. Does anyone know the cure? Thanks

Relevancy 34.4%

hi everyone-

I had read many,many,many threads about ppl saying that their emachines computer has had some type of problem, or has stoped working all-together. I just dont understand, b/c I have owned 3 of them since '01 and have never had a problem on one xcept the modem went out in one, and thats the only issue i've ever had. so what do u think?

AMD

A:eMachines quality

I think they're cheaply made crap.
They use cheap parts with minimal architecture and the construction and engineering are poor.
They're cheap for a reason.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/emachines-quality.50006/
Relevancy 34.4%

My e machine is 6 yrs old. When I push the button the blue light blinks and will not boot up. We replaced the power supply today but nothing changed. Any ideas?

A:Emachines won't boot

The motherboard has died

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/emachines-wont-boot.184680/
Relevancy 34.4%

and I'm wondering how to reinstall Windows Vista Basic on an eMachine EL 1300G-01W mini tower?

http://community.acer.com/t5/XP-Vista-or-earlier/I-know-that-Acer-got-eMachines/td-p/432829/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 34.4%

hi all-
I'm not sure if this is the right place for this.I am going to be buying a new computer before long and i cant decide between Dell or eMachines. I have owned both of them and have been very happy with them both. i have about $500 to spend on a new system. I like the eMachines because they use AMD 64bit processors, but none of their syatems come with monitors. Dells systems always come with monitors(their just basic but they're free) and i have heard that emachines quality has improved alot. But Dell has excellent support.

please help
thanks all

A:Dell or eMachines

i reall havent heard any good things about emachines but i know dells are pretty good but theyre kinda expensive, just build your own rig with that 500 bucks, whatever you build will be better than what you buy from those brands.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-or-emachines.49206/
Relevancy 34.4%

I recently bought this computer used. I would like to change to computer owner name from previous owner to my name. How would i go about doing this?

A:Emachines EL1333G-01w

Hi and welcome to TSF go to control panel then user accounts the options are there to change account name

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/emachines-el1333g-01w-512040.html