Windows Support Forum

Tenda W150D Router Issue

Q: Tenda W150D Router Issue

Hi All,

I am having a issue with my new router (Tenda W150D Router), its not giving me access for uploading any files through wi fi on my iphone 5s using app (Wireless Drive), even I tried the same with vlc upload feature in iphone still it doesnt work......

I think the issue is with the firewall in the router which I cannot access normally from the router setup...

guys pls help.. any comments are welcome

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Tenda W150D Router Issue

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Tenda W150D Router Issue

Hmm; accessing a website is an outbound action thru the firewall on port 80.
A site with file uploading uses the same port 80 as normally used for surfing the web.

We need more data to analyze the problem
?What URL are you accessing for the upload?

from this "iphone 5s using app (Wireless Drive)", I assume the data moves this way:
ISP==router -- wifi to your 5S: using an app called Wireless Drive​?can you confirm this please?

?are you sure you're accessing the router and NOT attempting upload via the cellular connection?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/tenda-w150d-router-issue.201199/
Relevancy 90.21%

I bought a new Tenda Adsl2 Router
when I connect it to My pc or laptop it shows error
"Limited or no Connectivity"
I repair it by windows but still same problem.
I can't access 192.168.1.1
please help me to connect

A:Tenda Adsl2 Router W150D connection Problem

Is that a wired connection? Try this before attempting WiFi . . .

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/tenda-adsl2-router-w150d-connection-problem.205287/
Relevancy 70.95%

So I tried making my Tenda router work under DHCP today and I couldn't get it to do so.

I decided to get the firmware from the official site, and I upgraded it.

Since then, I can't even see the router in my wireless connections or acces the configuration page.

I tried uplugging it, resetnig it, etc. Nothing works.

Any help you fellas can give me?

Thank you!

A:Tenda W316 router not working

Well; usually; unplugging it to reset it should reset it and enable you to access the configuration page. If it doesnt; it sounds like there might be some sort of internal hardware issue with the router. Have you also tried resetting the modem as well to make sure both have a "clean" connection? If not i would try resetting the modem if your modem is separate from your router. Give this a shot and see what happens.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/348276-tenda-w316-router-not-working.html
Relevancy 70.09%

I am using Tenda wifi router. It has a problem, it is that it need configuration every time when I start my laptop or connecting with any mobile device. What is the problem with that?

A:Tenda wifi router need configuration every time

The Tenda wifi router's internal battery may be dead

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/tenda-wifi-router-need-configuration-every-time.204507/
Relevancy 69.66%

Tenda router can not accept 10.1.62.xxx ip address for port forwarding that has LAN 192.168.0.xxx?

Error Message:

The private ip and lan ip must be on the same subnet tenda router
Regard Stuckfree.
Thanks.

A:Tenda router can not accept 10.1.62.xxx ip address for port forwarding that has LAN 1

Originally Posted by Stuckfree

Tenda router can not accept 10.1.62.xxx ip address for port forwarding that has LAN 192.168.0.xxx?

Error Message:

The private ip and lan ip must be on the same subnet tenda router
Regard Stuckfree.
Thanks.

Please give some respond if someone knows how to configure different network ip addresses for port forwarding that a router LAN network start with 192.168.xxx.xxx

Thaanks.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/302504-tenda-router-can-not-accept-10-1-62-xxx-ip-address-port-forwarding-has-lan-1-a.html
Relevancy 69.66%

Win system Am having problems connecting a Tenda W R router to the internet It HAS worked before some time ago but there were some kind of password problems amp I switched to an inferior Netgear router supplied by Virgin Now I need the n connectivity My computer browser DOES connect to the router And a setup disk also connects After using the setup wizard wh identifies a Static connection and entering all the settings see below I Apply and Reboot the router from Problem W302R router connecting to internet Tenda the wizard The computer then tries to identify the router wh it classifies as Network a work network but fails I switch the two WAN LAN cables back Problem connecting Tenda W302R router to internet to my netgear router - amp the computer instantly recognises that router Any ideas how I can rectify the situation Thanks for any help Settings n b each time I run ipconfig all I get slightly different settings addresses - amp sometimes sometimes DNS Servers IP address Subnet Default Gateway DNS Servers nbsp

Relevancy 68.8%

i have wimax usb modem and tenda wifi router with rj45 ports. how do i connect them, please im not so good at computer so i will request step by step procedure. i dont want to buy a new modem.

Relevancy 50.74%

I have borrowed a Tenda W150M+ range extender from a friend.
My home's main modem/router is a Belkin one and I want to give at the same time wired internet to a dreambox and wireless internet to my laptops.
Does anybody here have any experience on tenda products?
Thank you very much.

Relevancy 49.45%

Hi Guy,

Just throwing this one out there.

I am having trouble with my new Tenda 54M Wireless PCI Adapter Model: W54P card it installs the driver right but when i go to enable it, it doesn't work.

It also calls it a Ralink RT61 Turbo Wireless LAN Card if that helps solves the problem.

The Driver is
Driver provider: Ralink Technology Corp.
Driver Date: 2/06/2009
Driver Version: 3.0.1.0

If you need anymore info please post and i will reply asap

thank you all From Gamer1238

A:Tenda 54M Wireless PCI Adapter Model: W54P

One thing that can help with that is finding the Hardware ID. There are two ways about it. One is to go to Start, Right click on Computer, select Manage. Go to Device Manager, expand Network adapter, and double click on the device. Go to the Details tab and select Hardware Ids from the drop down menu. For instance, my Hardware Id is VEN_1814&DEV_0301 and if you google it you find that its a Ralink RT2561/RT61 chipset. I was able to install this device by going to Ralink's website and downloading thePCI/mPCI/CB (RT256x/RT266x). I installed the executable as driver only. I then did a manual install, selected Browse my computer for driver software, Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer, selected Network adapter, then selected Ralink Corp, and finally selected the RT61 v2. This worked for my particular device but it can be different for yours. This is only an example as something you can try.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/28203-tenda-54m-wireless-pci-adapter-model-w54p.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I have a Tenda w311u USB wireless adapter plugged into a Windows 2000 machine. The drivers are installed. In Network and Dial-up Connections, the status of the device is "Network Cable Unplugged." When I try to configure the device, there is no option to set the SSID. The Windows Wireless service is started and running.

Here is the output of ipconfig /all:

Windows 2000 IP Configuration

Host Name: audios141
Primary DNS Suffix:
Node Type: Broadcast
IP Routing Enabled: No
WINS Proxy Enabled: No

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection 3:

Media State: Cable Disconnected
Description: 802.11n USB Wireless LAN Card
Physical Address: C8-3A-35-C5-DF-BD

Any help?
Thanks,
Peter

Relevancy 48.59%

Hi Guys I m having a few problems getting the right setting for my home network I have my Siemens router hardwired to an airport express distributing the signal around the house and a Tenda network switch All my home theater components are connected to the switch WD media player Denon Avr and PS and they all are receiving an active internet connection but I cannot use them over the network To be more specific I cannot see my WD drive over the shared folder on my Mac and I cannot access the receiver via Airplay to play my music wirelessly It seems strange that the PS has a good internet connection I can use internet radio through the receiver and I can get onto youtube through the media player yet I cannot access these devices wirelessly from my Express/Tenda Switch Gigabit Siemens 6520/Airport computer I m thinking it might Siemens 6520/Airport Express/Tenda Gigabit Switch have something to do with the Siemens 6520/Airport Express/Tenda Gigabit Switch router settings or maybe even the airport Any suggestions would be great Thanks a lot nbsp

A:Siemens 6520/Airport Express/Tenda Gigabit Switch

If the Airport Express is just a wireless access point I don't understand why there are the problems you report.

Is the Airport Express a router? If so, anything connected to its LAN will be inaccessible from your "main" LAN, and anything on the "main" LAN will be only partially accessible from behind the second router. You will probably prefer to use it as follows ...

JohnWill's procedure (Aug. 30, 2008) for configuring a secondary router as a switch and, optionally, wireless access point follows.

Connecting two (or more) SOHO broadband routers together.

Note: The "primary" router can be an actual router, a software gateway like Microsoft Internet Connection Sharing, or a server connection that has the capability to supply more than one IP address using DHCP server capability. No changes are made to the primary "router" configuration.

Configure the IP address of the secondary router(s) to be in the same subnet as the primary router, but out of the range of the DHCP server in the primary router. For instance DHCP server addresses 192.168.0.2 through 192.168.0.100, I'd assign the secondary router 192.168.0.254 as it's IP address, 192.168.0.253 for another router, etc.

Note: Do this first, as you will have to reboot the computer to connect to the router again for the remaining changes.

Disable the DHCP server in the secondary router.

Setup the wireless section just the way you would if it was the primary router, channels, encryption, etc.

Connect from the primary router's LAN port to one of the LAN ports on the secondary router. If there is no uplink port and neither of the routers have auto-sensing ports, use a cross-over cable. [You will not need a cross-over cable if one of the "routers" is a computer.] Leave the WAN port unconnected!

This procedure bypasses the routing function (NAT layer) and configures the router as a switch (or wireless access point for wireless routers).

For reference, here's a link to a Typical example config using a Netgear router

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/siemens-6520-airport-express-tenda-gigabit-switch.1046923/
Relevancy 40.42%

right guys heres the script.

Im currently on win98se and i surf the web using a BT 205 ADSL router.

I want to upgrade to windows xp but i cant find my router installation cd that came with the router .Im not going to upgrade because i will not have interent access without this disk).

Is there any possible way i can get the installation files from the computer and burn them onto a disk or something????????can this be done??? Ive tried the manufacturer website to try and get the drivers but to no avail..
need help on this.Do i have to order a new installation disk or can anything else be done??

cheers guys.
bob

A:need help with router issue

The BT 205 ADSL Router has an Ethernet and a USB port. No driver disk is required to use the Ethernet port, everything you need is supplied with Windows.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-with-router-issue.333204/
Relevancy 40.42%

I am having trouble getting from a client on the inside of the router to the switch on the outside of the router and vice versa. I can get to either from the router. The inside interface is configured as follows:

interface eth 0/1
ip address 10.10.210.1 255.255.255.0
no shutdown

The outside interface is configured as follows:

interface eth 0/2
encapsulation 802.1q
no shutdown
interface eth 0/2.1
vlan-id 4
no shutdown
ip address 10.150.150.200 255.255.255.0

The switch on the outside has an ip address of 10.150.150.254. I can ping it from the router but not from the client (which has an ip address of 10.10.210.2). I have a default route set at 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 10.150.150.254 and my default gateway on the router is 10.150.150.254.
Is there any thing I am missing?

A:HP Router Issue

Add these routes, you may or may not need to remove the default route. Try it with first.

ip route 10.10.210.0 255.255.255.0 FastEthernet0/1
ip route 10.150.150.0 255.255.255.0 FastEthernet0/0

Or whatever your equivalent is, let us know if that works or not.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-router-issue.740427/
Relevancy 40.42%

hey all. i have successfully connected my laptop to my wireless router. now, i would like to connect my roommate but am having problems. i am able to see the wireless connections in the area, i click the connection that i created and entered the password. it shows that i am connected, but everytime i try to log on internet explorer, it tells me the page cannot be displayed. what step(s) am i missing? thank you in advance

A:Router Issue

What steps did you take to setup your router?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/router-issue.793772/
Relevancy 40.42%

Hey guys and gals I have been having router issues lately and now have a router that I can not fix most likely due to my limited ability with technology I have a WRT GS version that my xplornet internet is wired into My PC and Xbox are wired Router Issue into of the ports Last few months I have had huge issues getting my laptop to connect to the internet and the Xbox gets on and can only find matches immediately unhooking and hooking the power source to the router Thia allows for seamless gaming until I get booted and have to do it again I upgraded my firmware today and now my router is not working I have great internet wired into the PC from the modem but the router has nothing All the lights work I can not Ping the factory default or websites and can not get into the web based site to reset my static information Help Justin nbsp

The following procedure should get you a connection with any broadband modem that is configured to use DHCP for the router connection, such as cable modems, and many DSL modems. If you require PPPoE configuration for the DSL modem, that will have to be configured to match the ISP requirements.

Note that the wireless encryption and channel selection will have to be done after the basic wired connection is established, the first step is to get wired connections working.

Reset the router to factory defaults by holding the reset button down for 15 seconds with power on.
Turn off everything, the modem, router, computer.
Connect the modem to the router's WAN/Internet port.
Connect the computer to one of the router's LAN/Network ports.
Turn on the modem, wait for a steady connect light.
Turn on the router, wait for two minutes.
Boot the computer.

When the computer is completely booted, let's see this.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD (COMMAND for W98/WME) to open a command prompt:

NOTE: For the items below in red surrounded with < >, see comments below for the actual information content, they are value substitutions from the previous command output!

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following commands one at a time, followed by the Enter key:

IPCONFIG /ALL

PING <computer_IP_address>

PING <default_gateway_address>

PING <dns_servers>

PING 206.190.60.37

PING yahoo.com

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter to copy the contents to the clipboard.
Paste the results in a message here.

<computer_IP_address> - The IP Address of your computer, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above.

<default_gateway_address> - The IP address of the Default Gateway, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above.

<dns_servers> - The IP address of the first (or only) address for DNS Servers, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/router-issue.877929/
Relevancy 40.42%

I am having a hard time with my new PC issue? possible router and setting up the connection So where to start I have a Mb fiber optics connection On my old pc that I used when they installed the connection everything worked fine I have also a notebook connected to it which also works fine When I brought home my possible router issue? new pc I couldn t get it connected I would always get quot unidentified network quot I ve tried everything I found on the internet that might solve the issue but without success The router keeps assigning me a weird xxx IP the only exception is when I set possible router issue? the NIC to Mbps full duplex then I can connect This is on a RealTek D on-board NIC Gigabyte x UD mobo with newest drivers The router is a D-link one will check exactly model type when I get home The cable works that is verified Also the funny thing is that when I bypass the router an plug the cable directly into the converter I can run full speed within seconds so I thing it has to do something with the router itself After some more googling I have the following question Is it possible that the router is configured only for the MAC addresses of my notebook and my old desktop and other PCs just won t connect If so how come I can connect with Mbps full duplex but cannot with anything above that Thanks for your replies they will be much appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 40.42%

I had my ISP provider (WOW) come out because I wasn't getting the speed I paid for.
He narrowed it down to two things. My ethernet was built into my motherboard (he gave me a free card), and my router NETGEAR RP114, was slowing down the download speed. He was right, because I re-hooked my router back up today, after he put in a new ethernet card, and the router slows it down from 8.5 to 2.4 download speed. I have a cable phone connected from my internet modem to the cable phone to the computer. I do not have a router any more because it slows the speed down. I really want a router also. What would I look at when I purchase a router. I don't need a wireless one, I always work at my desk. Is there such a thing as a "high speed" router, where I won't lose the speed?
Thanks
Silverado

A:router issue

Almost any modern router should work fine without slowing the connection. I prefer Netgear, but Linksys is also a good brand

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/router-issue.849383/
Relevancy 40.42%

HP Laptop Windows Vista Belkin Router Motorolla Modem The ethernet cord is going from the desktop to the router some strange Ethernet looking cord is going from the modem to the router telephone cord going from the modem to the wall I doubt wiring is an issue since I used to get a connection My issue is my laptop is saying quot Connected quot or quot Connected with Limited Access quot in regards to my wireless connection Someone Please....(router issue?) but the globe isn t showing up and I can t get on IE or Firefox Tried Run-CMD-NETSH Someone Please....(router issue?) RESET RESETLOG IP or something like that-no bueno Tried Run-CMD-ping www google com nope Auto detect IP settings is on I got rid of all that stuff on IE and nothing works Tried turning of firewall too Encryption is off I was wondering if it was that malware for the Winishield Software ya know But strange thing-it s not even there anymore from what I can see from the desktop it used to make a faulty Windows Security System and try to convince me to buy their software I just want to get on the net I don t know terribly too much about the deep technical aspects of a computer but if you tell me what to do step by step I m ok with that Can someone help me nbsp

Relevancy 40.42%

I have a Linksys wireless router, and am having annoying problems. (both systems are running xp pro) This happens to both computers, even if one is hard wired (not wireless) to the internet from the router.

About 3 times every 5 minutes the router will "drop" packets. Meaning I will stay connected, the icon never says I get disconnected, but........... My AIM signs off and back on, and all internet activity is paused.

This is quite annoying when downloading b/c it will all of a sudden stop, and I have to restart the download. Same w/ web browsing, I have to hit stop and then refresh, and it loads right away.

Anyone have any suggestions? How do I turn off the XP firewall if that is the issue? Thanks guys!

Relevancy 40.42%

Here's the situation. I have a AT&T modem (Westell) connected to a Linksys E2500 router. It's worked fine for a couple of years. Now, the router just seems to grind to a halt. If I plug directly into the modem, the connection is flawless. When I go thru the router I can ping an address on the web and the time will grow from a two digit number to nearly 3000 ms before it finally just times out. Power cycle the router and it will do the same, connect momentarily before finally crapping out.

I have changed routers and the same issue happens. I have also changed the cable between the router and modem.

Any ideas??

A:Router issue

The Westell "modem" is a modem/router combo, right? Is it using the same LAN subnet as the second router? Is it wireless, and if so what channels are the two routers using?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/router-issue.1155645/
Relevancy 40.42%

I have a dlink dir- router and an action tec dsl modem on windows I connect with ethernet to the router for my cpu and use the wireless for the rest of the house I used to have this working flawlessly but ever since I moved I ve had trouble I also just bought this computer so I was hoping for a Router issue clean start I set up the modem and put in the ATT p w and user name and installed Router issue the router drivers and set it up for PPPOE with the correct passwords but it only works when I connect my cpu directly to the DSL modem I m really struggling to figure out what could be causing this Does the router need to be in some sort of bridged mode or something I didn t run the ATT setup disks on this new cpu b c I didn t think I would need to and I don t like putting their crummy software on my cpu Any trouble shooting thoughts nbsp

Relevancy 40.42%

A website I love and frequent blocked me with no warning and I'm not happy about it as it was an honest mistake. No chance to appeal.

Through some troubleshooting I've figured out that if I hook up directly to my modem via ethernet cable I am able to access and use the site just fine, but if I use my wireless router and wifi I'm still blocked.

I'm hoping to find a way to fix this, or at least understand what the problem is.

Would I need to get a new wireless router, change an ip on the router, or ISP in order to fix this?

A:Router IP issue or ISP?

Sorry, as per the forum rules we cannot assist with bypassing restrictions: http://www.techguy.org/rules.html

If it was an accidental ban/block then you need to contact the website to have the issue properly resolved.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/router-ip-issue-or-isp.1118140/
Relevancy 40.42%

I recently brought a linksys router and it works fine for 1-2 days then my internet stops working on all the desktops and labtops. The only way i found to fix it was to disconnect the ethernet cable from my router and replug the internet cable from my modem to my pc before my internet started working again. When i replug in router cables my internet doesn't work. My friend had said something about releasing and renewing the ip. So this is what i did.. I went start -> run -> cmd - typed ipconfig /release then when i typed ipconfig /renew i recieve an error. Below is a link to the picture.

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m301/lRoxasl/Error.jpg

Relevancy 40.42%

Hi

I have a Belkin 4-PORT 54G WIRELESS ROUTER. It works fine when computer is on all day, but once I shutdown all the way,when I reboot I have to unplug the router everytime to reset it before it will connect to the Internet.

My computer specs are:

HP Pavilion dv6700t customizable Notebook PC
Upgrade to Genuine Windows Vista Home Premium with Service Pack 1 (64-bit)
Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 Duo Processor T5750 (2.0GHz)
15.4" diagonal WXGA High-Definition HP BrightView Widescreen Display (1280 x 800)
2GB DDR2 System Memory (2 Dimm)
Intel(R) Graphics Media Accelerator X3100 - For Core 2 Duo Processors
HP Imprint Finish (Radiance) + Microphone + Webcam
802.11b/g WLAN

Any help would be appreciated!!

Deborah

A:Router issue

update the firmware on the router and the driver for your NIC card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/router-issue.109198/
Relevancy 40.42%

The place that I am staying has WIFI. When I first went their the connection speed was 54Mbps. They had a major problem and were down for 3/4 day. After their return, I noticed that the connection speed topped at 11Mbps. For the past 1-1/2 months when I notice some brief 'stutter'/delay using rapid interactive websites, I viewed my connection at 1 Mbps then it changes back to 11 Mbps. This is frequent. I don't remember seeing a change in connection speed when I first got here a year ago. When I contact them, they say everything is okay. They are not on site. They are a company in Canada and perform all their checks, rebooting, etc. over the internet. Is this normal.

A:Router Issue?

You are connecting at 802.11b note a not g
b is max 11Mbps G is 54/108 Mbps
So either the router is broken, or they have moved it and the signal is weak, or it is set up wrongly(most likely).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/router-issue.956479/
Relevancy 40.42%

We purchased a new Belkin router a few days ago, and it seemed to work fine. But last night it wouldn't allow me to connect and now it doesn't even show up. Somewhere I found that it says: "disabled by device manager" I'm not really sure what that means, since I am the only one who uses the router

Double click on the adapter and check the device status under General Tab. There should be a button in the new window that says "Enable". Press that and follow the instructions/hit yes to anything asking if you want to enable it.

I'm guessing it's just the network card that's disabled, and not the router itself - since the router wouldn't show up in the device manager at all.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/router-issue.1015201/
Relevancy 40.42%

i tried to restart my router. i press restart on the back but the router doesn't return to factory setting i tried to restart many times and never once does it work. i use the cd to setup the router but it just tells me to restart i restart and the lights never become stable the WAN and status lights keep blinking and the WLAN light is never on i dont get a wireless connection or a conection through ethernet to the router now i can only go online with the dsl modem

A:DI-524 router issue please help

Can you acquire an IP address through wire?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/di-524-router-issue-please-help.846880/
Relevancy 39.99%

Hello thanks for taking the time to read this let me start out with saying I have contacted my wireless provider troubleshot bought a new router per the request of them had a technician come out and still I have this issue they think it s a computer issue as we ve had antivirus issues in the past which have been thought resolved but here s my set up One computer hooked up to the router Issue Router/Networking and modem the router is a Netgear I can provide specifics if needed streaming the signal to Laptops Smart TV Android Phone Xbox the issues attributed to the internet Router/Networking Issue will showcase on the hardwired Router/Networking Issue desktop computer as well so it s not just the streaming itself that is the issue Now to the beef of the issue I ll be on the internet and it will be fast mind you our speeds should be at DL - MBps UL - mbps no problems whatsoever with slow loading but then all of a sudden it will crawl or just completely go off the actual icon at the bottom of my screen doesnt go Router/Networking Issue away still shows connected but the load bar on a page will just continue in the same spot until finally timing out and saying quot check DNS quot Sometimes the yellow caution sign will pop up and say quot no internet access quot but it s really a chance of that happening now normally i would just go and unplug the router and replug it in as has been the case prior but for whatever reason I can just click on the network icon select my network disconnect reconnect and everything if fine for a couple minutes before it goes out again and I have to do the same thing I ve tried restarting the modem router but neither makes a difference I ve exhausted all my resources and all in all im very technical saavy but this has got me stumped B PLEASE HELP B If for whatever reason i m not watching this thread send me an email and ill receive it on my phone lt removed email - to avoid spam - ETAF moderator gt nbsp

Relevancy 39.99%

Hi I've run into an odd problem in not being able to load certain pages in my router's Web UI Some pages load up in the browser while others are just stuck on trying to connect forever The weird thing is This Web Router's access issue UI issue only happens when this PC is connected through the LAN If I connect with Wifi the router's Web UI works as expected This PC used to be able to access this router's Web UI just fine I took this PC to a mates place a couple of weeks back Perhaps connecting to their LAN has bungled something up This problem does not occur for any other PC accessing the router on the network LAN or WLAN So far I've tried disabling the firewall amp resetting Winsock amp resetting TCP IP stack amp flushing DNS I've also tried connecting with both static and dynamic IPs I've reinstalled drivers for the NIC I also factory reset the router Nothing's worked yet Please help Problem PC Win Pro bit Router D-Link G T Browser Firefox lt latest gt All PCs Firewall Windows default Cheers

A:Router's Web UI access issue

Welcome to the Seven Forums.

What browser are you using too get to the UI? IE11 has caused some weird issues getting to such devices. Sometimes IE11 works from one computer, but not from others.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/321412-routers-web-ui-access-issue.html
Relevancy 39.99%

my dlink wbr 2310 router wont connect i just bought when i do the cd installing and i get the connection part it says no connection but i on my pc through my modem right now can someone help me fix this problem

A:router connection issue(s)

I started a thread here for you. We cannot help multiple people with multiple issues in one thread.

You will need to describe your network, your computers and your problem, please.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/router-connection-issue-s.843714/
Relevancy 39.99%

I have two routers on network and everything works However I can t see Issue with Network 2 router any other device computer on the network Below is my setup Router Linksys Connected to the cable modem It's setup as an access point Ip address Subnet mask See Attached Router setup and Router wireless Router Linksys router with Network Issue with 2 router dd-wrt connected wirelessly using wireless mode client bridge Router address is as follows Local ip address Subnet mask Gateway See Attached Router setup and Router wireless Connected to Router I have computer setup via wired Port with the following static IP address Computer Local ip address Subnet mask Gateway As I stated above the internet works on this computer I can t see any other device computer on the network Note other devices connect to Network Issue with 2 router router since it s an access port wirelesly like a IPAD and Two Laptop and wireless Camera I cant see anything them from the computer on router I also attached a picture of network sharing showing no devices also with a picture of network infomation of my IPAD on the same network connecting to router access point and still can see and devices Lastly I added a picture of my ipconfig all for the computer connected to router Please Help

A:Network Issue with 2 router

Is computer 2, on router 2, running windows xp? Also have you disabled all firewall settings on the ddwrt router under the security tab?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/200358-network-issue-2-router.html
Relevancy 39.99%

I went out and bought a Linksys WRT N V to replace my old wired router which I had NO problems with btw and started having this problem on the XP computer that was hardwired to the router My main computer Vista that was using the wireless adapter had ZERO problems The other day I decided to switch the location of the router and modem to be closer to my PS so now my main computer is hardwired while my XP computer is using the wireless adapter Now my main computer is having this DNS problem It literally took Router, New Server issue DNS me about half an hour to be able to reply to this thread because all I kept getting was quot Internet Explore cannot display the New Router, DNS Server issue webpage quot and a quot diagnose connection quot button I noticed the pattern to this problem was right after I fired up my computer What boggles me is that it s NOT an internet connection problem I say this because my MSN Messenger will sometimes connect right off the bat being able to chat with friends and whatnot but when I try to check my email or go to any other page for that matter quot Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage quot And if it s not not being able to display the webpage I get a Google page saying quot Oops This link appears to be broken quot and a thing in the upper right hand corner saying quot DNS error - cannot find server Now my PS and my XP computer are both having the problem loading webpages within minutes of connecting to the internet There s gotta be a solution for this but I haven t found one yet after searching for the last month I don t believe there s something physically wrong with the router but I do believe the problem lies within the router and it s maybe it s relationship with Windows Though my Vista machine didn t have a single problem using the wireless adapter but my XP machine does So maybe it s the router s relationship with Windows Networking system Bleh nbsp

A:New Router, DNS Server issue

Even though it appears you're having the same problem, please start a new thread when you have a new issue. It's very difficult to keep two problems straight and who's working on what in a single thread.

I've created a new thread for your issue here.

Note: You will need to post complete details of your configuration and your specific issue in this new thread for us to help you.

Thanks for your cooperation.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-router-dns-server-issue.850637/
Relevancy 39.99%

Hey First off Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas

Now, I can not connect to the internet via my wireless router on both my laptop and Playstation 3. I cant get into the Setup either becuase Im not connected, I need to know how I can restart or reset it to default settings where I can connect to my router wirelessly. I also cant connect if I wire from my router to my computer. Any ideas?

A:Linksys Router Issue

http://www.linksysbycisco.com/US/en/support

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/linksys-router-issue.888372/
Relevancy 39.99%

Good day all I m having kind of an odd issue Running windows Vista I have a router connected wireless I can not connect to anything using DNS Internet explorer can not connect to www google com but i can connect using the IP address Also Ventrilo isn t connecting using DNS but IP is ok If i connect to a wireless connection that is isn t setup secure just some goof i m guessing in the neighborhood s connection who doesn t have it secure it works fine really slow connection but it does work Which you would think would point the problem to ( Router issue. DNS/hostname) the router but my dads computer isn t having any problems at all using windows XP and connected to the router Is there something in Vista that is different that i need to setup on my routers end maybe with the new TCP protocols any Router ( DNS/hostname) issue. help or direction would be great Thanks ahead of time Vipernet nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/router-dns-hostname-issue.613956/
Relevancy 39.99%

Ok, so heres the scoop.

I have an old dual 108 Netgear router a/g that I am trying to connect to my dsl modem.

I can connect throught the moden to pc just fine and dandy however when I put the router in the middle it wont connect on the pc but it displays the wireless g I am trying to setup too. The router shows that it has no IP address i have tryed resteing the stack and have the router configered for PPPoE with my dsl username and password but still no dice.

I really dont want to have to go buy another router today if I dont have too if there is something minor I am missing...

Please help! Thank you!

Relevancy 39.99%

Ok this is a very complicated problem it seems I ve been reading all sorts of articles and guides to fixing problems with routers from anywhere between opening ports firewalls NATs TCP UDP packets etc First off let me start off by giving my hardware Lag/Connection Router Issue [H] info even the stuff that doesn t even apply here I just built my comp in August Windows XP Pro SP firewall amp other bull disabled Seasonic s - rt PSU Antec Case Sapphire ATi x xt Video Card Gigabyte p dsr Mobo Intel C d E x OCZ gold ddr pc RAM gb Maxtor gb Sony DVD CD writer Card Reader Airlink MIMO XR PCI adapter Wireless G NIC Belkin Wireless G Router Model F D - g Wireless Router Version Info Firmware Version Boot Version v Hardware I set an encryption password so the nieghborhood couldn t steal my internets [H] Router Lag/Connection Issue which is bit The signal strength is usually strong at like or higher but sometimes It can drop really low or disconnect for a second or two I have no clue why it does this as nothing else is using the internet afaik and I have no other programs running taking bandwidth up besides whatever I m using Firefox Starcraft AIM whatever Ok now that [H] Router Lag/Connection Issue I have that out of the way Here is my problems The wireless router is hooked up to Time Warner Cable Southern CA ISP which is hooked to the main computer via ethernet My computer is about feet away in another room and has the wireless NIC to recieve the internet Normally the internet works fine and I m very good about keeping my computer clean and spyware virus free My HJT log is only like lines I just did a spyware scan with AVG and I plan to do a virus scan over night after I post this although I know its not the issue Maybe I should run some scandisk defrag as well Anyways as soon as I hooked up the whole setup I opened the ports - TCP UDP and a few other ports for programs that I use inside the router not on any program or firewall on my computer I soon realized that upon a reset of the router it was dynamic IP address and it would give me one of - IPs So the port forwarding works for games like Starcraft and programs like Soulseek The wierd thing thoguh for Starcraft Broodwar is that even though the ports are open I sometimes need to log off battle net and reconnect in order for me to be able to host a game Since this is a pretty simple little trick I discovered I didn t really care because it never affected me in a game except for a few rare lag moments which is common for any user http portforward com is a good site Now recently I reinstalled Warcraft The Frozen Throne It uses the same ports as almost every other blzzard game The problem is that I cannot host a custom game or invite to AT arranged team game and I have very severe delay lag in general as well as huge lag spikes The spikes are especially worse when its more than player in the game besides me I know this is not a video sound problem because single player runs perfect and I have my video options toned down Also the spikes seem to come the hardest when I m in battles So Like I said I have been googling fixes guides and as much info as I can about routers ports and networking in general to no avail I decided to just start changing stuff based on what I ve read First I tried to put my computer in the DMZ Then I tried switching to a static IP Updating firmware Then I tried changing the firewall and security settings to disabled which for some reason would not disable because everytime I would log back into the router it says it was enabled Eventually I disabled the NAT and it told me to go to some IP after reboot of router which I can not log into So now the other problem now is my default gateway changed from to The page comes up blank and gives and error The comes up blank page gives a popup with little keys icon for name pass Now I tried my password for my router but there is no username and I tried some of the default name pass from here http www phenoelit-us org dpl dpl ht... Read more

A:[H] Router Lag/Connection Issue

This post is way too long... Do you always have trouble getting to the point? What firewall are you using?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/h-router-lag-connection-issue.95474/
Relevancy 39.99%

I have just discovered that my linksys wireless router only allows one computer at a time to connect to the internet wirelessly. It connects to all computers will excellent signal strength but then only one makes the connection to the web. Let me know if you need any more information. Help is greatly appreciated.

A:Wireless Router issue

On the one machine that IS connected wirelessly, let's see this.

Start, Run, CMD to open a command prompt:

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-router-issue.581204/
Relevancy 39.99%

My netgear router (DG834G) has 4 ethernet ports but the internet slot is a phone line connector so you can connect it directly without using modem. However my ntlworld broadband modem (silver) connects to the socket attatched onto the wall via a thick white screw on wire? so connecting it directly past modem isn't an option.

My modem has an ethernet slot in the back which I could connect an ethernet cable to and into the back of the internet slot on my router but it only has a phone line connection for the internet slot?

What do I do?

A:Router cable issue?

Your router is an ADSL modem and not a broadband router.

You have Broadband... not ADSL, you need to buy a broadband router....

You then take the ethernet lead that goes from the modem to your PC and plug that into the socket on the broadband router.

It sounds to me like you should consider getting in someone who knows the difference between the 2 types of routers and can set it up for you.

Or else your going to be there all day just figuring out which wire goes where.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/router-cable-issue.118490/
Relevancy 39.99%

Hi I came to this forum to ask for some help with my modem a while ago and got no solution to my issues Basically my modem keeps on disconnecting me every - seconds then reconnects for maybe seconds and then the same thing over and over again Sometimes just sometimes after leaving the modem on for a day while pinging google it will run without any problems But as soon as I turn off my computer or the modem it goes back to its old self Causes that can be ruled out I went to my ISP s local store and they tested out Router/Modem issue the Modem and it had no problems at all so it s not a hardware issue I use the same wires for my new modem the one having trouble as I use for my old one working fine so it s not a wire issue So does anyone have any idea to why my modem is acting like this nbsp

Relevancy 39.99%

Hi Running Modem issue Router >> Win bit I have a Netcomm NB Modem Router which connects to the Modem >> Router issue outside world The router part is only a fixed port no wireless So I then have a Netgear WNR Wireless router to make the wireless network The Netcomm connects to the Netgear via cat cable from it s Ethernet Network port into a Modem >> Router issue Ethernet Network port on the netgear It works most of the time - however it has issues when the computer is restarted comes out of hibineration or the router modems are turned off at the socket The issue then is that the network is found to be unidentifed as per Network and Sharing Centre quot I then have Modem >> Router issue to disable the network device wait seconds and then re-enable it of the time this then works as the network becomes identified I have have internet access The otehr of the time when doing this doesn t make any different I have to power off both netgear and netcomm wait minute and then go through the disable enable process again So I m not sure if it s hardward router modem related or software issue within win The Nrtgear has a Internet in port ethernet cat but as the netcomm is a modem router it doesn t have a to router port - hence it currently going from quot Ethernet quot to quot Ethernet quot I know this is a bit of a hack and isn t actually supported in Netgear s help desk connecting router to router but since it works once I ve done the above I was wondering if there is a way to stop having to do the above Any pointers in the right directin to try would be most appreciated For my pc network adapter the settings are all the normal obtain automatically quot The netcomm internet has an ip of The netgear wireless router has an ip of So essentially the netgear is just acting as another machine on the network but my PC is connecting to the internet via it Cheers nbsp

Relevancy 39.99%

Hello all,
I am having issues with my DI-624 router. It stopped working out of the blue and I can't figure out why. I reset it back to factory config, I can log into it, I configured it with the wizard. When viewing the topology it shows internet connection down. I reset the modem. I cannot get to the WAN through Wireless or cabled in to the router.

I?m open to suggestions.

A:D-Link624 router issue

If you can log into it then the LAN part seems OK.

Are there other computers connected to it and can you see them on the network?

This could be the Modem or Cable or WAN port on the Router if all else is well.

Can you ping yahoo.com?

Plug Modem directly into the Computer bypassing the Router! Do you have Internet access.

Mike

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/d-link624-router-issue.120985/
Relevancy 39.99%

Hello

I have a weird problem. I study in an institute which allows us to access the internet through multiple proxies (proxies 192.168.32.1 through 4) . In order to use multiple devices (smartphone and tablet) from the same LAN port, I have installed a router (Belkin N150) on the LAN connection.

The problem that I have now is that the proxies somehow start refusing connections arbitrarily. If I switch the proxy, then the connection is resumed. But its a hassle when performing e-commerce transactions on browsers. I face the same issue with clients like google talk.

If I disconnect the router and connect the laptop directly to the LAN port, this problem disappears.

Surprisingly, with the router connected, the android devices that I own have no such issues. They connect to the internet normally.

Is there something I need to configure in the router to solve this problem?

A:Proxy through router issue

Welcome to the Seven Forums.

What happens if you turn off Network Address Translation (NAT) on the Belkin N150? I could not locate an online manual or PDF that would detail how to do that. Maybe you can figure it out via the router's web based interface. But turning off the NAT feature should let each device connected to the router get its own IP from the institute's network.

Make sure that the router's firmware is up to date:
Belkin USA Site

Let us know how it goes for you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/285284-proxy-through-router-issue.html
Relevancy 39.99%

Hi Yesterday my router netgear wnr v decided cnnection router issue it doesnt want to connect I have done so many power cycles I also did a hard reset and am now hard wired to the router for connection i also tried firmware updates none are available i now am attempting to reconfigure the router using the original instal cd and i keep getting an error stating the router isnt responding but connections are good I router cnnection issue then am attempting to configure the router manually but i am unable to get to routerlogin com of routerlogin net i am entering admin and password respectivly all i get is a web page can not be displayed page i have contact netgear but because my warrenty expired days ago they willnot help oe tech did make me aware that it may be a IP CONFIG issue I know the ip config did change to but i have entered that and all i get is unable to display page again and again i have also tried and the ip addresses that are common im stuck so i am requesting for any help i cant get PLEASE HELP ME please my knowledge is not to extensive on this i am using a toshiba satillite windows nbsp

Relevancy 39.99%

I am on a notebook with Windows XP Professional SP Just recently my network stopped working I can ping websites except my ip address I can use my instant messenger but it No issue DHCP Router won t let me go to websites on both Internet Explorer or Firefox I also found the following error in the Event Viewer The IP address lease for the Network Card with network address BCD C has been denied by the DHCP server The DHCP Server sent DHCP issue No Router a DHCPNACK message and DHCP issue No Router also The browser has forced an DHCP issue No Router election on network Device NetBT Tcpip A DB D- D- BB-AD - EE F because a master browser was stopped The Device Manager says this device is working correctly I have found recent entries with DHCP issues with others using routers and wireless networks but I am using neither I tried pinging a few ip addresses and host all both worked except when I ping HOME my computer name I also did the ipconfig all but I am not sure what I am looking for Here are the results Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings Ricardo gt ping Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms C Documents and Settings Ricardo gt ping yahoo com Pinging yahoo com with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms C Documents and Settings Ricardo gt ping home Pinging home with bytes of data Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss C Documents and Settings Ricardo gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name home Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL Family PCI Fast Ethernet NIC rnet NIC Physical Address - B-CD-C - -C Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Friday February PM Lease Expires Friday February PM nbsp

Relevancy 39.99%

The DSL comes in, connects to the modem. Modem connects to router. Router goes to both PCs.

-------
the question:

I come into the living room in the morning, turn on the HP PC, it boots up, all programs load......and the little network icon says NO CONNECTION.
This happens maybe 3 times out of 10 startups in the morning. (The HP is started at 6a and is left on til 10p at night, then shut down.)

So I pull out the power on the router, wait a few seconds, pop it back in....and I have the connection for my PC. Works everytime.

The other PC, the Dell, used to be mine..and does not have this happen.

How can I fix this problem?

A:This seems like more of a router issue, but I'll take a shot here.

I moved this to networking, because I think you'll have better luck there.

You may want to check your router settings. There could be an issue with IP addresses getting crossed.

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/143375-seems-like-more-router-issue-but-ill-take-shot-here.html
Relevancy 39.99%

We have had numerous problems with our internet before Issue Router/Modem and so our internet provider Charter has sent us numerous different routers We had a Router that was both a router and modem twice and Router/Modem Issue then we got a router with a separate modem to solve our last issue but now we have disconnection issues with this one All at once my family s phones computers and tablets are disconnected to the internet the only one that has connection sometimes is my moms laptop that is Router/Modem Issue about a year old The phones are all different and so are the laptops and tablets none are the same brand laptops run windows while the others are all windows We remain connected to the router and send data yet we cannot receive data We also have the best plan that Charter has Spectrum I have tried DNS flush Macshift and restarting all devices I cannot connect to the routers web address as it says it is disconnected The only thing that works is restarting the router and it is Router/Modem Issue only a temporary fix and also at random times it will kick everyone off and will not let anyone reconnect for about seconds Please help this is a extremely annoying issue nbsp

A:Router/Modem Issue

When you have a disconnect on one of the Windows computers ...

Open a (black) Command Prompt window:
Hold the Windows logo key and press r; in the Run box type cmd and click on OK.

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

[Press ENTER after each command.]

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.
Then check your router's WAN status. If it has lost its IP address, tell us that and see if the router's or modem's LED's give any good hints (differences from when you have internet access). If the WAN still has an IP configuration look at what the Gateway is. Then run the following tests in a Command Prompt just like you did the ipconfig /all:

ping <put the Gateway IP here>

ping 8.8.4.4

ping yahoo.com

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/router-modem-issue.1143034/
Relevancy 39.99%

Hello

My router has NEVER allowed anything to connect to it straight off. It seems to hand out IPs looking like: 10.0.0.4. I have no idea why, but all devices needed to be configured manually to use 192.168.1.* otherwise they have no connectivity.

So no problem, i configured all my PCs manually, but then recently my android phone decided to completely ignore what IP settings I told it to use, and go ahead with the Livebox's 10.0.0.2 bullcrap. Hence, the phone is offline, in a sort of limited or no connectivity sort of state.

The DHCP server in the router is turned on, and the range is something like: 192.168.1.10 - 192.168.1.100

Any ideas why my router is doing this? - Or any ideas why my phone refuses to use the IP settings I gave it?

Thanks

Tom

Relevancy 39.99%

Hello guys i have a SMC8014WG-SI Router and its gateway is 192.168.0.1 but when i type it in the router doesn't appear at all , just says that the page cannot be found. Can anyone help me with this because i like portforwarding and need to be able to login the router to do so.

Relevancy 39.99%

We have a highspeed internet connection that allows us to connect wireless in our house. We've only had this service for a few months and I am still learning, since I've only been on dial up prior to this. My main computer is hooked directly to the equipment for the highspeed service and I also have a router that serves as our wireless connection. My laptop has always worked great on the wireless connection until yesterday. I can update my virus program, log into a gaming site (via a direct program link) and I have a strong signal yet the browsers will not operate. I only had IE on there and thinking it might be an IE issue I installed Netscape and still it won't connect. IE tells me that it can not display the page and Netscape says the proxy server is refusing connection. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!! I WILL DONATE!!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-or-router-issue.608877/
Relevancy 39.99%

For some reason my router has the "system" light and the "WAN" light are flashing since yesterday for no reason. I have no clue how to fix this, i've tried restarting it, using the diagnose and repair option on my computer and nothing has worked. Can anyone help me with this issue please?

A:Dynex dx e-402 router issue

Are you sure it never did that before? Because according to the Quick Guide that's normal and means it's working/sending data. You can get the Quick Guide and Manual from the Dynex site: which mentions both http://www.dynexproducts.com/products/computer-accessories/DX-E402.html?supportTab=open

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dynex-dx-e-402-router-issue.1130219/
Relevancy 39.99%

I have a net gear n600 router/modem. Windows 7 operating system. Wind stream internet provider. Can't connect to internet.

Relevancy 39.99%

Pretty much router starts up, looks for a network address...then fails. Repeats process. Similar to JT Eighty's situation.
I have the same exact problem with my Belkin. It has been working for almost 2 years. I lost my internet connection yesterday morning and I assumed it was my ISP with all the trouble I have been having with them. Then I tried the connection without the router, it was fine. I also did everything to reset it but the router is not reading the modem, failing to give me a connection. I have 1 wired D/T(XP) and 1 Wireless LT(Vista) and 1 Wireless D/T(Vista). All have no connection. Any help would be much appreciated.

Also says "Network Adapter is not Healthy" with xp diag test.

Relevancy 39.99%

Specs Tp-link TD- modem bridge mode gt Linksys wrt g v router running DD-WRT v -sp firmware PPPoE pretty much everything is default settings except for the wlan setup gt to Win laptop wired and wireless Win desktop issue? Router? Set-up Network? wired and a tv box for streaming wired Internet amp Speed DSL mbps kbps Been experiencing some dropped connection for the past week and was wondering if it was the router the modem the chords Router? Network? Set-up issue? the power adapter source or my computer In the past even with the tv box tvpad streaming the internet connections would never drop and speeds were still consistently strong-ish able to game surf download-non P P etc that was until the two weeks now I d lose connection extremely momentarily but reconnect even without the streaming MSN would log off but reconnect pages would stop loading etc I ve done numerous disconnects resets and power cycles swapped cords and nothing has worked Speeds would also be extremely erratic sometimes normal but mostly slow laggy Speedtest net results were irregular on good days - mbps kbps but then have horrid momentary dips sub mpbs kbps ping was consistent though usually around - ms range Thinking it was perhaps the modem or the ISP I spent over an hour on the phone with the ISP tech We did several line tests and speedtests with both the laptop and desktops directly connected to the modem that showed strong signal and great speeds - ms ping just over mbps and under kbps consistently Surfing the net and what not was smooth My ISP provider does not provide support for my router which is understandable since it s not something that they sell but the tech was more than helpful perhaps even overstepping what he s allowed to help customers with After I hung up I factory resetted the router and reconnected it to the modem but it became same old irregular download speeds with dips and lags both the laptop and desktop I was able to surf and what not for a bit but I would still get a dropped connection every so often The other nite monitoring the router on and it seems like every so often the wan ip would change does not seem like it s holding onto the ip and the router seems to be picking up a new ip every once in a while On the other hand when plugged in the tvbox and tried streaming with it it ran ever so smoothly no buffering consistent data transfer and blinking lights I d still be able to surf slowly not at crippling speeds but this was never a problem in the past Does this seem to be a router problem wear and tear Did the tvpad tvbox cripple the router it seems like the router has been trained to give the tvpad tvbox nice connections nbsp

A:Router? Network? Set-up issue?

wakwak1214 said:

Specs: Tp-link TD-8816 modem (bridge mode) > Linksys wrt54g v3 router(running DD-WRT v24-sp2 firmware; PPPoE; pretty much everything is default settings except for the wlan setup) > to Win 7laptop (wired and wireless) , Win 7 desktop (wired), and a tv box for streaming (wired). Internet & Speed: DSL 6mbps/800kbps

The other nite, monitoring the router on 192.168.1.1 and it seems like every so often the wan ip would change; does not seem like it's holding onto the ip and the router seems to be picking up a new ip every once in a while. On the other hand, when plugged in the tvbox and tried streaming with it, it ran ever so smoothly; no buffering, consistent data transfer and blinking lights.Click to expand...

WAN ip changes will mess with streaming and disconnects for sure. Look in your router, WAN side (or Connection Status), and take note of the LEASE Obtain/Expires. Then attempt to look into the MODEM for Obtain/Expires.

My NetGear has Obtained 12:55;56, Sunday (of last week) and Expires 23:12:59 Sunday (of this week)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/router-network-set-up-issue.187248/
Relevancy 39.99%

Ok here goes - Yesterday I was able to connect to the internet then about an hour later could not. I reset modem and router but still could not connect A little while after that, I tried again and was able to get on. I then could not connect to my wireless cam or nor could the laptop connect wireless. I have a motorola modem from AT&T and a Linksys router. I have no clue as to where I need to start troubleshooting and don't have any networking background so I hope I'm not sounding to ignorant..... Can anyone shed some light?

Relevancy 39.56%

Hi everyone My Asus DSL-N misbehaves in Wireless mode I have therefore connected both my laptop and my PC rooms away by a metre Ethernet cable This seems to have cured Router Firmware/Networking issue the Router Firmware/Networking issue dropped connections that were plaguing the system but now I cannot form a Homegroup Both machines are Windows bit the PC is a newer FULL o s copy the laptop Router Firmware/Networking issue o s came with it PC very recently built has a Giga GA-EG MFT-US H board with a dual core and Gb DDR RAM Problems began when I tried to update the Firmware from ASUS UK The download showed as an Adobe X PDF but Adobe could not open it The router was initially installed in a XP machine no problems with that which I moved on I managed to install it under Win on the lappy and it works with both machines but after reading the manual I note that only ME XP amp Vista installation instructions are included I intend to reset the router and start over with a fresh install Can I then use the Vista installation to reinstall the router And will I be able to make a Homegroup Thanks to all

A:Router Firmware/Networking issue

Quote: Originally Posted by Bertison

Hi everyone:
My Asus DSL-N11, misbehaves in Wireless mode. I have therefore connected both my laptop and my PC (3 rooms away) by a 30 metre Ethernet cable. This seems to have cured the dropped connections that were plaguing the system, but now I cannot form a Homegroup. Both machines are Windows 7/64 bit: the PC is a newer, FULL o/s copy, the laptop o/s came with it.
PC very recently built, has a Giga GA-EG41MFT-US2H board with a dual core 6400 and 4 Gb DDR3 RAM.
Problems began when I tried to update the Firmware from ASUS UK. The download showed as an Adobe X PDF, but Adobe could not open it. The router was initially installed in a XP machine (no problems with that) which I moved on. I managed to install it under Win 7 on the lappy, and it works with both machines, but after reading the manual I note that only 98,ME,2000, XP & Vista installation instructions are included.
I intend to reset the router and start over with a fresh install. Can I then use the Vista installation to reinstall the router? And will I be able to make a Homegroup?
Thanks to all.

Hi Bertison and welcome

You certainly can use the Vista instructions and installer if you install in compatibility mode.

To do that you simply right click the installer, go to properties, then compatibility. Choose Vista and install.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/169351-router-firmware-networking-issue.html
Relevancy 39.56%

This one is making me nuts My Netgear WGR Router stopped working on wireless the other day Still worked fine just lost the wireless signal Ok so I bought a new Netgear WNR L yesterday Set up was easy and I thought all was well My computer for some reason called it a new network and named it network The crazy thing is some internet sites will not load My Hotmail which I access through Windows live mail will not load but my normal email works fine nor will it load going straight to Hotmail any site that I have to logo onto will not go any further that the log in page It's like something is blocking certain sites Yes I turned off the fire wall and my anti virus and still the same My laptop however connected by wireless to the new router will work perfectly which tells me the router is fine I reset up the old router which now the wireless works and all is well My computer calls and did call before all of this just plain network Any thoughts Some setting in Issue Crazy Router/Computer the network that I'm missing

A:Crazy Router/Computer Issue

I would have mentioned that resetting the first router would most likely fix the wireless connection problem.

For the second router, it sounds like there may have been a DNS server problem which you should be able to fix by changing the DNS servers in the routers set up page.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/234781-crazy-router-computer-issue.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Hi everyone ... Kevin from Long Island here. This is my first post, so please bear with me. :wave:

I sought this forum out for because I need HELP!!

I bought my daughter a nice PC, and installed a good wireless card in hers, and the Linksys Wireless-G in my room (across the hall, not far at all) as the hub.

It WORKS ... but the connection almost always reads: "Low Signal Strength" or "Very Low Signal Strength".

The resulting problem is that she keeps getting kicked off the Internet. She can log right back on again, but in 10 or 15 minutes, off she goes.

I am thinking it might be something in the configuration? I am not a network guy at all, but I do have a tech backround in Telecom.

Thanks in advance for any information, or direction, you guys can provide.

Kevin

A:Linksys Wireless-G 2.4 Router issue

if you have a lot of metal around your computer (i.e. live in a building with metal structures), the signal may not reach a neighboring room. Wireless cards produce a VERY low stregnth signal - usually about 5u W on average. You can improve the signal by purchasing a desktop antenna from radio shack and/or repositioning the router to a more centralized location. When working with radio signals, sometimes you have to reposition your computer (without an external antenna) or your antenna to gain signal. Radio waves can be quite fickle. Sometimes just by moving your antenna slightly, you can see an enormous increase in signal strength. Radio signals bounce off metallic objects.

Wireless g operates in the 2.4ghz range which can be affected by other items in the house that operate in the same frequency range such as microwave ovens and some radio phones (cordless) operating in the 2.4ghz range.

I highly suggest getting an external antenna for your receiving system. They are very cheap and quite effective.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/linksys-wireless-g-2-4-router-issue.29365/
Relevancy 39.56%

I Live in India(Madhya Prradesh,Indore). I have Tikona Broadband Connection and Netgear WNR612v3 router.
While I am connected through direct ethrnet then I get full 4mbps speed and while I am connected through router then the final speed is 4mbps but with many fluctuations. Please Help!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/speed-issue-with-netgear-router.1156260/
Relevancy 39.56%

So I'm having some networking issues and I believe they are probably related note Win Pro x - brand new format amp fresh install from disc system updates have run their course A Firewall Router issue? settings? Wifi printer Canon MG - even though I have definitely connected it through the on-screen display on the printer Router settings? Firewall issue? is not found by a computer running the driver setup using the detect printer function I have done this before just fine note different os install different router Additionally - a wifi Camera Motorola FOCUS even though connected to the router Verizon Fios Quantum Gateway and visible from remote connections cannot be connected to locally It seems like these problems probably stem from the same cause probably either a firewall or router setting I'm guessing router Or else Windows Networking settings Any ideas I have tried turning the firewall completely off and that does no good Also the computer is not directly involved in the Camera b c I am accessing it from my ipad

Relevancy 39.56%

Hi, I have a wireless router setup in my home and connected to my PC and it works great but my nephew recently moved in and has his PC connected to my wireless network via wireless adapter and is using windows vista and It allows him to browse the net, download files and play online games without any problems but it won't let him use windows update or any chat programs like MSN and I'm confused as to why. Any help would be much appreciated.

A:Having an issue with vista and wireless router.

Wow, nevermind this problem has been fixed. The problem turned out to be him having the wrong date on his computer, it was feb. 5th 2005 and needed to be changed to the current date. I never knew the date set on the computer could cause such an issue, it's quite humorous looking at it now. Hope this will help anyone else having this issue.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/having-an-issue-with-vista-and-wireless-router-367952.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Hi guys Im having a weird problem When i browse certain sites my router just issue! router Super-weird blocks part of the information on the site Examples - On the welcome page of stumbleupon com all images or other graphical object simply wont show this happens with alot of sites and just seems random - Twitter is showing NO profile pictures allthough every other object on the page is working fine whaaa - Twitch tv and justin tv streaming wont work allthough every other object on the page is working fine like chat Super-weird router issue! and ad videos I tried different browsers updates restarts nothing works The problem persisted even when browsing these sites on my iphone This first led me to believe this was a router problem as I just have bought a new one Never had this problem before But after turning off all security and port forwarding DMZ-ing I had no success quot Oh its the ISP blocking you quot but oh no my friends I tried connecting directly to my modem and it worked excellent So this is obviously a router issue I tried connecting another computer but all devices connected to the router is experiencing the same problems I also tried updating the firmware but no success I am able to bypass some of the problems by using a VPN or proxy but not all so Im not sure what that proves I am probably not smart enough to see the obvious but Im hoping you guys are Please help a poor guy out Oh and the router I m using is a Jensen AL v and OS win sp nbsp

A:Super-weird router issue!

have you tried to reset the router to factory settings? Are there parental controls on the router? If so are they turned off?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/super-weird-router-issue.1100525/
Relevancy 39.56%

In recent weeks my screen freezes. My wife's laptop remains connected ; my router's lights are as they should be. But save for my cursor, everything else freezes, the only thing I can do is to break the connection (I hate doing this, and servers don't like it either) and switch it back on again.

Any ideas from anyone who has had this same problem and fiixed it would be welcome.

Thanks

bob

Relevancy 39.56%

Not to long ago I decided to buy a wireless router having a laptop I got sick of the LAN cable Heres the original setup Broadband via Cable Modem links to STLab router LAN router Belkin Wireless Issue this feeds via Cat cable a Hub located upstairs which in turn feeds the kids PC s and File Server unit Before I Belkin Wireless router LAN Issue went wireless file transfer rates were what you expect from a hard Belkin Wireless router LAN Issue wired network ie very good So as I said I went to a wirelss Belkin router which took the place of the STlab router and as far as surfing the web wirelessly its a very good piece of kit However I had cause to transfer a file from the upstairs File server and upon doing so I noticed that the transfer rate was extremely slow in fact so slow that I gave up So I changed to a hard wired connection and disabled the PCMCIA WINIC I expected file transfer rate to improve but it didn t I rang Belkin and after minutes on hold I was informed the fault was with the network cards on my laptop both the PCMCIA and the MINI PCI card I questioned them but they were adamant it was my equipment and not theirs To fix the problem I have placed a Hub next to the Router and plugged the Hub upstairs into that and the Belkin router as well so in a sense I have stopped using the LAN capability of the router if you get what I mean And as for file transfer rate well it s as good now as it was before I switched it over to the Belkin both hardwired and wireless Proof that the LAN side of the router must be hampering the file transfer rate in some way Suggestions anyone nbsp

A:Belkin Wireless router LAN Issue

Maybe the router cannot understand the half-duplexness of hubs? Things get very slow if something tries to do full duplex on a half duplex network. You can test this by putting a switch in place of the hub or connecting the machines directly to the router without a hub in between.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/belkin-wireless-router-lan-issue.48029/
Relevancy 39.56%

I switch recently to a belkin MIMO router not sure of the p n to gain some extra distance for the wireless signal My laptop seems to struggle when connecting to the router the laptop is a couple year old Toshiba issue MIMO Router/Laptop S X-M I think MIMO Router/Laptop issue and it has built in wireless g I noticed when the laptop couldn t connect it was toggling between mbps and mbps even though the laptop can t support mbps It just constently cycled and wouldn t connect I tried rebooting the laptop that didn t work I have to reboot the router which sometime fixes the problem These problems started with the router but going back to the old router I can t get a very good signal on the top floor of my house I don t think the MIMO is a whole lot better and it seems to change Sometimes the signal is very good and other times it is low Are there any good suggestions Thanks nbsp

A:MIMO Router/Laptop issue

Set the wireless mode on the router to standard 802.11g 54Mbps and see if that helps the connecting problems.

For signal strength problems

a. Make sure the antenna is well-oriented (the weakest signal from the stick-type antennas is along the axis).
b. Remove any obstructions possible.
c. Try to move the router or computer a little to see if an obstruction can be avoided.
d. Try better antennas.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mimo-router-laptop-issue.648967/
Relevancy 39.56%

Hey everyone I am here for some help about internet connection issues First off I have a Belkin router which in the past has worked decently Every once and a while the internet would go off and come back on after and hour or something but the other day the internet went down and I have not been able to start it back up (Help Belkin Router issue... appreciated) It is on a local connection and I have attempted to restart the router plug in and out the modem and router and a few other simple Belkin Router issue... (Help appreciated) things but of course no success I have diagnosed the issue and it can t seem to fix it self All the computers in the house are able to connect Belkin Router issue... (Help appreciated) to the network but the network can t connect to the internet Belkin Router issue... (Help appreciated) When I diagnose on Internet Explorer it says Trouble shooting can not find issue And then I click on detailed information and the message Your DNS may be down or along the lines as that Soooo I am wondering how I can get everything back on line from Computers to Game systems etc I need some answers to figure out how to fix the network so it can connect to the internet nbsp

Relevancy 39.56%

OK so I moved back home from university bringing my fantastic Netgear WPNT wireless router with me Now my parents internet connection is ADSL via BT phone line and comes into a BT Voyager V DSL router I m currently trying with absolutely no success to set up both routers in sequence so that mine can be easily removed or inserted back in The ideal set up would be ADSL at networking issue help! router - Dual wall - Dual router networking issue - help! gt Voyager V - gt parents comp b ethernet cable L gt Netgear - gt my comp and laptop wireless I ve tried pretty much everything i can think of in terms of IP ranges DHCP on off on either router static IP information on either one etc etc I just CANNOT get my laptop or PC to connect to the internet Most set-ups seem to give me an accessible wireless network including a couple where the internet connectivity light on the Netear goes green but I just get continuous Explorer cannot display this page messages I don t normally consider myself a computer n b but I am completely stumped if anyone could help get this sorted it would eb fantastic Any other information you need just ask and if I could get a step-by-step guide from factory settings I know it makes me sound incredily dumb but right now I m just fed up and so are my parents Thanks in advance Rory nbsp

A:Dual router networking issue - help!

Try connecting a switch port on your router to a switch port on your parents. Utilizing the WAN or Internet port on your router will only confuse it and your parents router.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dual-router-networking-issue-help.799432/
Relevancy 39.56%

Sorry fixed my own issue. Had 2 routers running with both DHCP servers set to on.

A:Remote Desktop and Router Issue

Yes that usually doesn't work tell well. Better to go with a switch or an access point instead of using dual routers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/221023-remote-desktop-router-issue.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Hello i am hoping somebody is able to help Yesterday i noticed quot NETGEAR quot was not available in my list of networks on my computer i have a MacBook laptop I have had this router for years now and it has never dissapeared like this before I have tried unplugging the power cord waiting a few moments and plugging it back in I have never named it anything else over the years other than quot NETGEAR quot which i believe is just the default standard name My second question would be how do i rename it and secure it once i get it back Also from time to time my wifi simply disconnects itself and i have to unplug the power cord and the cable cord to get it back up and running Issue Router/ network with no found This time though it has dissapeared all together If someone is able to assist me i would be more than greatful thank you for your time nbsp

Relevancy 39.56%

Hello, I have a Belkin N1 Router connected on the groud floor of my bungalow. It works fine on the ground floor but I have a Desktop computer on the first floor and I use a 'N USB Wiresless adapter' to make my desktop catch the wireless signal but it does not catch any signal. I have tried to enquire everything about these routers and everyone adviced that Belkin N1 is the best among all the wireless routers and can work even on the 4-5 floors of a building. My question is that why my desktop computer or my laptop (which is not wireless) not catch any signal on the first floor. Thank you and Take care

Jasmeet

A:Range issue with wireless router

Even though it appears you're having the same problem, please start a new thread when you have a new issue. It's very difficult to keep two problems straight and who's working on what in a single thread.

I've created a new thread for your issue here.

Note: You will need to post complete details of your configuration and your specific issue in this new thread for us to help you.

Thanks for your cooperation.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/range-issue-with-wireless-router.802181/
Relevancy 39.56%

I have setted a static IP to my Router Thompson Speedtouch WL on this computer to be able to portforward my applications and works fine the problem is it doesnt work as soon as i try the router on my other computer the portforwarding stopps working even thou the settings are exactley the same this leave me the quot bright quot conclusion something is wrong with my static IP freak could thath be cause the Issue computer when switching Router IP shall not be identic on both computers when i check in command com ipconfig all the IP Netmask amp Gateway all info are becoming exactley the same when i follow this guide PortForward com - Free Help Setting up Your Router or Firewall Lets say the dhcp server generated quot quot it seem will stick to this forever with this router i have no idea why it allways choose the same numbers on any computer is Router Issue when switching computer thath normal i have tested to change to quot quot as end-number on the second computer but still the portforward fails after any ideas what might be wrong here Kloppstock nbsp

Relevancy 39.56%

I have some network issues mainly concerning Solved: Network Issue. Router my router I run Vista and I mainly have a stable connection I disabled IPv and using IPv When it comes to running other things Solved: Network Router Issue. off my router I cannot I can t even access my router s page My default gateway starts with quot quot which I believe should start with But regardless I can t access the router s main page and can t get anything else connecting It works if I connect to the modem so I know it is the routers fault I have reset it unplug it for several seconds and still end up with the same problem Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Windows system gt ipconfig Windows IP Configuration Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix cgocable net IPv Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix cgocable net Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix cgocable net IPv Address d b d b Default Gateway c c C Windows system gt nbsp

Relevancy 39.56%

Hi there I m sorry to post this as I see the number of very similar issues posted already this week but none of them seem to be quite in line with what I m experiencing My personal laptop XP SP has been having issues loading websites emails etc for a few days issue - won't IP address IP/router particular work it would work fine for between seconds and minutes and then stop IP/router issue - particular IP address won't work loading working intermittently if at all The connection to the wireless signal has never actually been lost signal strength is always at least quot good quot if not quot very good quot The quot repair quot option for the connection kept stopping at quot Renewing IP address quot Trying ipconfig flushdns and renew my IP wouldn t budge and pinging the default gateway a hundred times I estimate around - loss Early on I also tried restarting and virus scanning As the other laptop in the house was having none of this problem I thought it must be an issue with my computer - possibly a hardware issue After I turned my computer off and went onto the nd laptop to use the internet the nd computer s internet stopped working properly Now that nd laptop has the IP address and is having the aforementioned issues with connecting and my laptop which is now using the nd laptop s previous IP address is working fine To sum up the laptops have swapped IPs and the other computer is now having the issue Mine is working fine So Faulty router Faulty service Interference Any wonderful ideas would be appreciated Thank you in advance for any help you can offer nbsp

Relevancy 39.56%

We ve been having intermittant issues with Outlook quot not responding quot hanging up freezing whatever you want to call it after weeks and weeks of troubleshooting today I have narrowed it down to the belkin g wireless router I did this by finally taking the router out of the mix and could not cause the outlook to lock up again thought it could be a lan cable tried both cables in that mix from the DSL modem to the computer without the router and it still worked fine Hooked back up the router and managed to lock it up again SO all that being said is there a setting or someting on the router that I may be missing or something that someone knows about that I do not BTW if this matters at all we have a second computer that is also running outlook attached to the same hosted exchange server and it s having no problems at all Previously we looked at any problems with ost and pst files ran Outlook diagnostics etc to no avail - the router is the only problem that I could find The computer this is running on is an XP and 2007 router issue with Outlook all firmware is up-to-date on the router and all updates for MS office have been made I am desperate if anyone can help I would be most appreciative and would be willing to pay if someone can fix it thanks Brandon Morris nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2007-issue-with-router.844844/
Relevancy 39.56%

So this is the skinny.

I get internet via a shared network. I'm plugged in directly to the switch. No ID/Password is needed and it's running off DHCP and auto everything.

OK, now to what's the issue. I can connect to the internet when connected directly to the switch. When the switch is plugged into the router, there is no internet connection to my PC, regardless on if I connect to the router wirelessly or plugged directly to the router.

I can connect to the router and configure it and it's set to DHCP and auto IP. Tried refreshing the IP via the router and the ipconfig /release and /renew but nada.

So I don't know what you need to diagnose this but I'm running an Asus WL-520GU router and HP dv6636nr laptop.

Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 39.56%

I currently have two cables One cable is a yellow ethernet cable that is plugged into my motorola cable modem in the Ethernet slot The opposite end is plugged into the Slot slot in WiFi and Modem Router Issue my Linksys wireless router My second cable is a grey ethernet Router and Modem WiFi Issue cable One end is plugged into the back of my computer and the opposite is plugged into Slot slot in my Linksys wireless Router and Modem WiFi Issue router All of the lights are on both my modem and my router as if everything is working okay The internet works as well However when I try to access my Linksys wireless settings by typing in http in my address bar it says the connection has timed out It says this each time Now when I move my yellow ethernet cable that is plugged into Slot into the Internet slot in my Linksys router and I slide my grey ethernet cable to Slot one I restart my router and I am now about to access http However though I can access these settings I cannot browse the internet When I go to google or any other website it says page cannot be displayed Therefore I cannot easily toggle between the Linksys settings and my internet without moving around wires and restarting my router I m doing this because I m trying to configure my router with WiFi so I can use my Nintendo DS Can anybody tell me why I m having such difficulty with being able to view the Linksys settings and keep my internet connection at the same time By the way my Linksys Wireless Router is a WRT G My OS is Windows XP and my cable internet service is Optimum Online Note when I have the wire connecting to my modem into the INTERNET slot in my router it says my computer is connected My Network Connections says I am indeed connected to the internet However when I try to use a browser or a program that needs the internet it will not work I get quot Problem loading page quot and when I try and run Windows Live Messenger it says my connection has been lost nbsp

A:Router and Modem WiFi Issue

Well, the modem has to connect to the WAN/Internet connection or you won't have any success here. What's happening now is the computer is connecting directly to the modem and using the router as a simple switch.

Do NOT try to configure the router using the wireless connection! Connect it with a cable for configuration, then you can disconnect it once you get it all configured.
Reset the router to factory defaults by holding the reset button down for 15 seconds with power on.
Turn off everything, the modem, router, computer.
Connect the modem to the router's WAN/Internet port.
Connect the computer to one of the router's LAN/Network ports.
Turn on the modem, wait for a steady connect light.
Turn on the router, wait for two minutes.
Boot the computer.

When the computer is completely booted, let's see this.

Start, Run, CMD to open a command prompt:

IPCONFIG /ALL

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/router-and-modem-wifi-issue.678387/
Relevancy 39.56%

Hello Solved: performance issue Router everyone I m new to the forum and i have a problem that s driving Solved: Router performance issue me nuts I amp m trying to replace my Linksys wrt N router with a Netgear v router Solved: Router performance issue When I swap in the Netgear router the internet performance is TERRIBLE With the Linksys router in place I get - MBPS download With Netgear I get MBPS or worse Both tests performed using Time Warner speed test The results are similar for both wired and wireless connections Both routers were setup with factory settings auto detect from ISP I amp ve tried tweaking the Netgear router settings to no avail I have a Windows Vista desktop Windows XP laptop Android tablet and Android smart phone amp all with same or similar speed test results between the routers The cable modem is an RCA Thompson broadband modem Before the Netgear router I had the exact same issue with a brand new Cisco router which I promptly returned I have tested the Netgear v router in another location Cablevision with Motorola modem and it works Solved: Router performance issue perfectly I updated the Netgear router firmware right out of the box Tonight I reset to factory settings and still same issue MBPS downloads with Linksys and MBPS with new Netgear router Upload speeds are similar between the two routers - average Any help appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 39.56%

I have a Belkin Pre-N router that was purchased when Pre-N was first introduced It is running the latest firmware The wireless coverage has been AWESOME I bought it because I had read how quot dead spots quot wire specific issue to Vista not Router - virtually eliminated and how no matter where I placed my PCs in the household they were in a dead spot luck of the draw I don't use Pre-N NICs but rather a mix of B Router issue - not specific to Vista and Router issue - not specific to Vista G connections Until recently it has run flawlessly It's been a while since Belkin released any firmwares for this particular model though so no recent changes have been made Recently past months or so I've run into a few issues that appear to be directly related to the router Sending vary large attachments megapixel uncropped photos - leave it to my wife to send these big suckers through Gmail causes the router to hang up to the point where it must be unplugged from the power and plugged back in Wireless connection stays up but all communications in out halt This does not appear to be an issue using Yahoo mail or Hotmail Also transferring of large files inbound or outbound via FTP or remote desktop connection is not an issue Get this though - I can still connect to the address for the router and look through the administration pages Restarting the router via that page doesn't help though - it has to be power cycled Every - days all communications to my home servers PCs attached to the wireless network halts however you can still ping the router from the web and get responses Again I can still connect to the address for the router and look through the administration pages Restarting the router via that page doesn't help though - it has to be power cycled These are becoming rather tiresome problems I don't want to leave the web-based administration open to the web because I have another hosting on port this router does not allow you to change the port I have web and FTP services running on various boxes and I stream my police scanner on another port from another PC using ProScan also and have a very regular group of people who monitor using that feed as well I can't realistically drive miles home and back to work just because of the router having choked either so if it dies right after I get to work my access or anyone elses for that matter to the machines and their hosted services is cut off until I get home for the night So is this just a problem with my router Time to replace it

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/190229-router-issue-not-specific-vista.html
Relevancy 39.56%

I m using windows see below for network hardware info Ooookay so after a few hours of tinkering with just about everything I could think of I am helpless I apologize and ip router issue between conflict nic (assumed) if I explain the issue improperly but this is what I think is going on I am having an issue with my modem router nic that is causing the nic unable to connect through my router I have two network connections set up one being my modem linksys befcmu ver clocked at mbps this one (assumed) ip conflict issue between router and nic is active and the second my Realtek RTL D D nic clocked at mbps inactive Also- have a linksys befw s ver router hooked up to the modem and my computer Yesterday the connections were working properly until I tweaked the cable connections to the splitters outside because our TVs were not working I believe I have everything outside the splitters hooked up properly seeing as how all of the TVs work and I have some form of cable internet With both connections on obtain ip dns automatically my network configuration says that I have no internet on my NIC connection and I have internet on my modem s connection at mbps However when I attempt to use the internet without (assumed) ip conflict issue between router and nic any setting changes every attempt is a failure When I set up the nic connection to static dns the modem network is able to connect to the internet at mbps This is my issue It seems to be a conflicting IP somehow which is not allowing my NIC to connect at mbps I apologize in advance again if this seems a little contorted I ve been extremely scatterbrained about this whole situation Thanks for any help nbsp

Relevancy 39.56%

Hi guys, I have a programmable router that allowed me to mention the IP address I want to log into. Unfortunately I configured a dns not a main IP address therefore not being able to reacess it. Any way I can use a different software to access it from windows 8?

Beini CP-150PJ router, and ty in advance.

A:Router interface access issue

Not understanding your issue or question, although the screen shot does give a hint.

The DNS server address has nothing to do with accessing a router. Normally you connect a computer to the router and type its LAN address (which is usually the adapter's Default Gateway) into a browser address bar.

The hint in the screen shot is that adapter, apparently Wi-Fi, did not receive an IP configuration. To access the router you must successfully connect, preferably by ethernet if you are going to make any changes and aren't sure of what you are doing.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/router-interface-access-issue.1108312/
Relevancy 39.56%

Hi guys,
Just wanting some help setting up a "Netgear 54Mbps WG614 v7 router".
The power is "ON"
The test is off.
The wireless is flashing
the internet "i" is on

And all the other numbers are off. eg. next to the internet there
number 1 "off"
number 2 "off"
number 3"off"
number 4 "off"

I'm trying to setup this wireless Netgear 54Mbps WG614 v7 router with a optusnet ADSL 4200 modem.
When I go threw the netgear the netgear interface a show. But I NOT have interent access.
When connteched directly to the ADSL Modem 4200 I get internet.
Oh the have a WG111v2 USB Wireless adapter.

NO internet from the router.

P.s tried reset router already. I get page can not be display.
Thanks

A:Router Netgear 54Mbps issue

The ADSL mdoem is probably looking for the MAC address of your computer (which had normally been the first device modem connected to till now). The MAC address is unique hardware address assigned every network adapter.
=> Meaning your netgear router has its own MAC adress
=> And the modem won't provide internet connect to any hardware it sees that's different from the your PC's MAC address (we'll leave aside why some ISP's do this)

Couple options:
a) Most routers (you'll need look at the netgear) have a setup option where you choose to either
- Use the router MAC address (default)
- Use a MAC address you tell it (in which case you tell it the computer's MAC address)
b) But probably simplest to try and force your ISP to reset the address it looks for. Either call your ISP and tell them OR for most ISPs power down your modem for about 15 minutes. Should now accept the MAC address from router. (power down/up works most of the time, if not call ISP dor mac setup in netgear

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/router-netgear-54mbps-issue.120706/
Relevancy 39.56%

I'm setting up a dlink wireless router, for a friend of mine. they have bellsouth so they use pppoe. I can't get the computer to connect through the router at all anything i should look for

A:dlink wirless router issue

USUALLY, the instructions suggest a hardwire connection to configure the
router first. Once it can connect via cable, the wireless card can be configure
in a reasonable manner.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dlink-wirless-router-issue.32302/
Relevancy 39.56%

I have a d-link wbr-2310 rev a wireless router. It is connected to my modem, which is connected to the cable. when the brighthouse guys installed it for me, they just made my laptop and pc hook up to the wireless, so nothing is hard wired into the modem or router. Everything worked fine till my pc crashed, and i had to re-install windows xp media center edition 2005. now that ive installed it, i can't get the computer to find the d-link or my wireless network anymore. My laptop is still hooked up and working fine. i have the d-link cd, but it tells me to click on the wireless zero config tray icon, then says i should see my wireless network and just click connect, but it isn't there. I don't know what else to do...

Relevancy 39.56%

Hi<br />
<br />
I am having issues with connecting to Netgear wPN824 V2 router. i can ping from the command prompt and i get a response from the router but when using the 'http://routerlogin.net' or http://192.168.1.1, I dont get the welcome message. Netgear support is useless and told me to try the same things which I have already tried. Is there any other way to access the router. My power light is solid green and doesnt seem to have a problem. Any help would be appreciated.

Relevancy 39.56%

Hi all, I have a Linksys router. 2.4 Ghz. I run one desktop pc that is wired to it, and a laptop that connects wirelessly. My trouble is this. I have second laptop that will not connect to it. It says "out of range" it can be sitting right next to it. The laptop will connect anyplace else. Just not to my router in my house. When i search for a list of availasble Networks my network is in the list.

Any idea how to correct this?

THank you

A:Linksys router and laptop issue

verify the WiFi standards for the router and all system WiFi adapters

WiFi standards are 802.11{a,b,g, and n}
When your system adapter is not from the same mfg as the router, compatibility issues
frequently arise -- especially with 11n routers. Set the 11n router to run in G-Only Mode will usually solve the problem.

Also look for WiFi driver updates -- almost every vendor has released updates

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/linksys-router-and-laptop-issue.126808/
Relevancy 39.56%

Hi, a couple of months ago i brought a tp-link wireless router. Up till a couple of days ago it was working fine, now my computer wont connect to internet when plugged into the router. If i unplug main blue plug from back of router and put directly into back of computer internet is running fine. Just not when plugged into router. Not sure what other details could help so if someone knows a way of fixing this that would be great.

Relevancy 39.56%

Any help to get stable would be aprreciated Ive pulled an all nighter and still have assignments to complete for Tuesdy Thank you I have Zombie/botnet/DNS/Router issue found the text below in a log file from tunnybrowser dev log system on my ancient Asus TF tablet Android I have no idea where tunnybrowsercame from This is from the first scan log fir tunny browser Debuggerd committing suicide to release the zombie The tablet is having similar issues that I had with the laptop Browsers opening suspect looking sites Browser URL window being amended with java or scripts or something elese I have saved screen shots The tablet is running a few app tools such as Fing to gather info Zombie/botnet/DNS/Router issue on my router and devices Issues first became apparent on my laptop when upgraded to October Restored after failure to boot properly x window system cmd exe March Planned on tweaking router and then cleaning laptop and doing fresh install then the tablet Zombie/botnet/DNS/Router issue and phone The tablet is vulnerable SSL etc and the OS cant be upgraded without rooting the next project Initial symptoms seen on the laptop noted below Tablet was not online until late March Issues were multiple browser processes duplicate files url's adding script ssid changed from to ISP contacted made to feel paranoid DNS changing Large amounts of data over router when from little activity to explain A second router dlink has been seen in the scans not for a few weeks Still confirming MAC Zombie/botnet/DNS/Router issue addresses of additional devices such as my Cisco digital boxes Avast scan result that could be repeated advised router had been hacked and my network connections being routed throuh a malicious server DNS records being hijacked Given it could not repeat this finding I thought was an error or an effort to purchase software February cmd prompts sfc and scanreg fix and no more errors Just enough bandaids to keep up with assignments Scans with Rkiller found pup files others errors included cabarchive corrupted in AppData Files and data have been saved on an external device Happy to pull the plug on the laptop and start fresh I am most concerned about the router I need help with the router recommendations and it would be nice to determine the cause of the issues Botnet I appreciate any assistance I apologize for the obscure and limited details Typing with one finger and not versed with these types of threats and am just an average computer user

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/572398/zombiebotnetdnsrouter-issue/
Relevancy 39.56%

I am in a fairly remote location so am using a local wireless Strange Internet/Router issue service for internet wireless not G It is feeding Strange Internet/Router issue a network of or so computers with various OS s Windows Server etc The input is via a D-Link router I can get webpages with Chrome IE or Firefox reasonably well and running a speed test will give between and Mbps depending on time of day This service provides both business and home use so access falls off in the evening The problem is Strange Internet/Router issue that I am not able to download anything from web sites For instance one of the network machines is unable to update it s Acrobat version because the update will not Strange Internet/Router issue download Because of the relatively good speed test the provider is completely unhelpful just saying it is OK leaving him I have tries several routers without improvement I have bypassed all switches in the office and it does not help What make sit worse is that if I plug a laptop directly into the receiver it seems to work OK indicating it is a problem with the router Any suggestions would be gratefully received nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/strange-internet-router-issue.1167308/
Relevancy 39.56%

I recently decided to upgrade the firmware to my Linksys router. Although I wasn't technically experiencing any issues before the upgrade, my previous version did not include WPA encryption like the newest version.

Since I performed the upgrade, my connectivity is lost anywhere between 2 and 6 times a day. I have isolated this issue to the router by directly connection the computer to the cable modem (no problem then persists). Additionally, the WPA encryption never worked. Whenever I applied a WPA PSK, for some reason, the wireless signal would decrease to virtually non-existent.

Do I need to downgrade the firmware? Does anyone know how I go about doing that?

Thanks!

KCC

Relevancy 39.56%

Hi All Been a long time since I posted on the forum however I am currently running into an issue with Router Issue Resolving Host - a new router I got the Asus RT-N U Dark Knight router to replace my very old and basic Netgear router The reason for the upgrade is because I have about devices that are connecting to the router and I always get an IP clash issue with the old Netgear router So I moved to the Asus RT-N U router and have not had an issue yet However on one of my laptops I constantly get errors when using the internet with the new router i e can log on visit some sites then I get the quot Resolving Host quot errors out pop Router Issue - Resolving Host up in the bottom right for any browser and the page errors out Using Chrome most of the time It only happens on this laptop Dell Latitude newer model The router software is configured on my desktop in the other room Both laptop and desktop running Window I also have iPhones iPads and another work laptop XP that I use without any problems It only started on the Windows laptop since switching to the new router Any help on how to get this fixed Thanks CUBE nbsp

A:Router Issue - Resolving Host

Sounds like a dns issue maybe.. Open the network connection properties windows and see if anything is configured there. If so, try setting all to auto. Then restart the system. If still no joy, try setting the dns server to 8.8.8.8 then again restart the system.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/router-issue-resolving-host.1109450/
Relevancy 39.56%

I have the 32bit version of Vista on a Netgear router. Everytime I play a game on my computer i get a lag spike about ever 30seconds that last about 5 seconds. My ping will shoot up. My roomate has XP and can play the same games and it wont do that. I really dont have the option of going straight through the modem. I have a great connection and it doesnt seem to be effecting anything else. Help! thanks jooms

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/lag-spikes-router-issue-with-vista-178109.html
Relevancy 39.56%

I have a Linksys wireless router WRT160N, and its worked fine for the past year, till last night, when I pushed the reset button trying to solve another issue and now my router isnt working. I ran Linksys setup disc and it said I was all up and running, but still cant get online with my laptop through the router.

I am at a point where I have my default gateway address 192.168.1.1 and my IP address, but not sure what to do with that to get this issue corrected.