Windows Support Forum

Faulty ram?

Q: Faulty ram?

A while ago I was working on my computer when out of the blue it restarts. I picked the -Start Windows Normally option. Before it even gets to the desktop it would restart all over again. It did this until I removed the RAM sticks from DIMM slots B (slot 3 and 4) Now my computer is really slow. My computer is a HP a250n with 4x 256 ram.

A few days ago I did a full wipe on the HD to see if that would clear up the problem. It works well with only 2 sticks. When I put in the 3rd or/and 4th sticks I get to the desktop fine but only for a few minutes then it restarts and the screen goes blank. I tried switching the sticks but nothing works. What could it be?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Faulty ram?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Faulty ram?

Do a memtest
Have you tried swapping the memory sticks from 3-4 with the ones in 1-2?
This will help verify whether it's the sticks or the slots.
The memory test will help also.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/faulty-ram.134655/
Relevancy 33.11%

I got a new laptop recently (this past Sunday) and ever since I turned it on I've had horrible issues with WiFi. It's tothe point where I'm ready to return it to the store and just go without a computer. Keep in mind I'm not very tech savvy, so I might not know what you're talking about.

It's very slow and won't stay connected to the internet. 4/5 times it doesn't load the web page I'm trying to load and after about 5 minutes after powering on it disconnects from my Wi-Fi and refuses to reconnect. The troubleshooter says it's a router issue but resetting the router doesn't do anything at all and no other device in the house is having any issues. I haven't downloaded ANYTHING to it yet. In addition, when it /does/ connect to my Wi-Fi, trying to open any web page brings me to a "you are not connected to the internet" notice.

I have no idea what to do. I need a computer for work but I'm so sick of having problems with them.

A:Brand new laptop; faulty wifi process?

Set up the laptop next to the router where the signal should be strongest. Are you sure that you are connecting to your own wi fi network and router? When you switch on the laptop it will search for in range networks and when you spot your own you are asked to give the password before you can use the internet for the first time. If that's not happening maybe its logging you on to a neighbouring unsecured network (no password set) where the signal is weak. If I click on the wireless icon bottom right in my taskbar it brings up a choice of available networks. My icon looks like a set of steps and so the icon shows how strong the signal is. Check that you are connecting to your own router and see how strong the signal is. You mention other devices that work OK but haven't given any details.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/brand-new-laptop-faulty-wifi-process.207589/
Relevancy 33.54%

A recent power outage has caused some of my hardware to function oddly...
My tv's hdmi ports seem to still work for say a ps3, but when hooking up to my gtx 760 I get "No Signal"?
I only have one hdmi port but several other dvi ports. My smaller monitor(plugged into dvi port 1) is functioning normally. It also seems the gpu is still functioning because I booted Dota 2 just fine with 60fps(vsync). Could this outage have fried the hdmi port? Should I be worried, should I return it or just buckle down with 2 dvi connectors? I was gonna test out hdmi to dvi cables to test my theory but am unsure what to do otherwise.

MSI TF/OC 760
TV:NS-39L240A13

A:Faulty HDMI port?

Did the pc->tv work before the outage and did the pc suffer immediate power off too?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/faulty-hdmi-port.203802/
Relevancy 33.11%

I have a Dell Inspiron 6000 laptop which I have just discovered has a faulty battery, and although it is plugged into a power socket, won't start up. Any thoughts on how I can get around this?

A:Starting Dell laptop when battery faulty

Remove the battery...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/starting-dell-laptop-when-battery-faulty.202880/
Relevancy 31.82%

Hello all I made a post regarding the performance failing of one of my supply power affect hard performance? drive/computer Faulty hard drives The conclusion we came to has unfortunately not resolved my problem and I am beginning to think my Power Supply may be the culprit Faulty power supply affect hard drive/computer performance? ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Before I go into details here is my current Hardware Q GHZ GIGABYTE EP -DS R GB PC mhz x gb x gb Nvidia GTX mb requires x pin power adapters Asus Xonar soundcard requires floppy power adapters Windows x Jeantech W PSU modular PSU PCI-E nodes and nodes for other devices gb HDD operating system tb HDD data tb HDD data tb HDD data - added recently ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ My original problem in brief Upon accessing certain files in one of my TB drives I hear a distictive quot click lockup halt quot sound and then the entire system crashes first the drive will become inaccessible then windows explorer will crash followed by the mouse and eventually a BSOD after a minute ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ I bought a new TB a month ago to replace what then I thought was a failing TB drive Since the problems have become quot random quot and happen across all four drives tb tb gb tb I am now considering my PSU the culprit Jeantech Absolute w It seems logical to me Sometimes while performing tasks which put stress on several HDD s at the same time my computer is quot choking quot running as fast smooth as it should but with sudden freezes with those HDD quot click - stop - restart quot sounds Booting into windows is failing from time to time freezes on the quot starting windows quot screen or DISK BOOT FAILURE Insert system disk The PSU is modular - could certain quot plugs quot in my PSU are faulty I haven t tested this extensively but in some cases when the computer is not starting up at all using different power ribbon cable combinations seems to help Also I had to remove my DVD drive completely when I first installed the new TB I bought and I don t think my computer will start at all with it plugged in anymore so my PSU MUST be having a hard time coping with all the components If it is of any relevance I use an Nvidia GTX which requires x PCI-E pin power connections hard drives power is supplied via THREE modular ribbon power cables - two HDD s share power from the same ribbon cable lastly worth noting I use an asus Xonar sound card requires floppy power connector several symptoms suggest the PSU any thoughts nbsp

A:Faulty power supply affect hard drive/computer performance?

a 1000Watt shouldn't have any problem coping with the components that you have, i would recommend that u borrow a power supply from a friend and try it out on your computer, maybe the power supply is old and is not supplying proper voltages on all the rails....

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/faulty-power-supply-affect-hard-drive-computer-performance.160966/
Relevancy 34.4%

Hi I am new here. My pc recently restarts playing some games which is strange to me. I did some internet research and found that it could be me psu or gpu.
My pc spec:
Intel core i7 870 (base clock)
Intel motherboard dh55pj
Sapphire hd 6870 igb
Transcend ram (4+2) gb
Samsung 500 gb hdd
Thermaltake smartpower 550 watt psu 80+ bronze

Also I borrowed a friends` 6850 gpu+ 450 watt psu to see if there is anu problem in my mobo or processor but it was just fine. But I gave my friend my gpu psu combo and he faced problems like mine after using them for 1 week.
So now I am certain that either my gpu or my psu has gone bad. but I cant know for sure which one.Any helps.....

A:Faulty GPU or PSU?

Does your friend have a 500W PSU so they can test your GPU with their PSU? If they can test just the GPU, it might answer your question.

Actually 500W has head room, a 450W PSU might be enough to test for a week or so.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/faulty-gpu-or-psu.188680/
Relevancy 33.54%

Dear all This is my first post in this forum My Dell studio XPS mt Bloomfield i no overclocking GIGs RAM has been working well for the last years I used it mainly for internet emails presentations database work and basic Standard and High Def video editing using AVIDEMUX and DIVX software In the last few weeks great deal of noise started to come out from the PC the noise occurred soon after opening an HD or an SD video file and continued until I close the file then the noise will Core high fan? or on i7-920 load: Hot faulty CPU gradually go down back to its idle state I opened the case and did a thorough cleaning with a house hold Dyson very carefully and a lot of dirt came out but no effect on the noise After some googling around one possible reason was excessive hard disk activity I had a look at the Resource Monitor and it did show high reading and writing activity coinciding with the noise Good I thought time had come for an upgrade so I went a head and installed a new SSD as my system drive and relegated my old hard disk for a storage purposes Unfortunately the noise persisted and it had become louder in the last few days I came across HardWare Monitor software and run it at idle state then at time of maximum noise Idle state Maximum noise I can see cores temp went up from - to - Hot Core i7-920 on high load: faulty CPU or fan? fan from to and fan from to Is my CPU going to die and what is meant by the Powers Package going up from w to w Is it the fault of processor or the fans or the heatsink Sorry for the long story but please advise me on what to do Many thanks nbsp

A:Hot Core i7-920 on high load: faulty CPU or fan?

Whoops!
I think I have made a mess trying to paste the 2 HardWare Monitor data images. Could some one tell me on how to put an image in my post as I kept getting error message that my post was too long!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hot-core-i7-920-on-high-load-faulty-cpu-or-fan.188882/
Relevancy 34.4%

Hello guys.
mu issue is more less common,at my home the electricity is neva stable..its on and of most times...so I woudnt say I used the switch button to turn my pc off.
but a lito while ago,I have this problem of checksum error default loading..poping on the screen,my mouse, keybord not rensponding with some strange noise..(bips) its wen I visited this site read about som tips on the CMOS battery changing ,jumper settings and re-set , but it neva worked so I went for repair it was ok..they tod mi the noise was the one of the RAM was faulty.but wen I went home I tried the other RAM teking off the current RAM one the pc replaced with the one he clamed was faulty was ok..that ment the RAM was finebut the RAM slot was nt not ok...nw same thing has happened and am prity confused...

A:Faulty RAM?

Are you having trouble with your keyboard, or is English not your first language?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/faulty-ram.186050/
Relevancy 33.54%

So I purchased a new CPU a couple months ago and didn t bother to mess with the Bios after installing it Anyway the CPU I purchased was an AMD Phenom II X BE which as I understand is supposed to have all four cores unlocked from start with no need to do anything yourself Anyway some time had passed and about a month ago I was in my Bios messing around with some settings and noticed that under CPU Settings it showed something like this Core - Unlocked Core - Unlocked Core - Unlocked Core - Locked I started up my computer without making changes to check what my computer said and sure enough in task manager it only showed three cores I m almost positive that I d remembered seeing four cores in the task manage on multiple occasions before but of course couldn t be sure So I m not sure if it was always like this from when I installed the CPU or if something changed it for the first month or two I had it installed Anyway went back into Bios and changed it to Unlocked and now all four cores show as unlocked and my computer seems to be running fine but now I am unable to see the temperature readouts for each of my cores--which I understand is a side effect from unlocking cores though I shouldn t be having that problem considering the BE is supposed to come with all four cores unlocked AFAIK I m not too concerned about the temperature thing really but I m just wondering if this would have any effect on my computer or if it could mean that the CPU is faulty or something along those lines I appreciate mean CPU 965 locked core, had BE AMD a faulty? this Phenom X4 is could my II any help thanks nbsp

A:AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE had a locked core, could this mean my CPU is faulty?

I think the the X4 BE is supposed to have 6 cores, with 2 of them locked out. It almost sounds like you have an X3, with 1 of 4 cores locked out. My 970 BE showed 6 cores, with 2 locked out, when I first got it. But I think I may have over-cooked it, or something, when I enabled all 6 cores, and overclocked it, because now it only shows 4 cores. None are locked, though. It runs fine at 4GHz, with 1.5V to it, and 17V to the cooling fan.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-phenom-ii-x4-965-be-had-a-locked-core-could-this-mean-my-cpu-is-faulty.178734/
Relevancy 33.97%

I have two GTX ti GPUs that I need to RMA because they crash when running DX applications at factory speeds these are gigabyte overclocked cards MHz core and the only way to faulty 560 GTX Ti Two GPUs avert the crash is by under-clocking the core I purchased them from two different websites one in March one in June is it necessary to send the Two faulty GTX 560 Ti GPUs correct item to the right retailer i e will they have any way to check serial numbers and things is there any way I could identify which one is which I have them both certain I know which GPU I bought second still has the cover over the DVI port not sure about the packaging though It s a fiddly problem but I feel I need to get to the bottom of it because they probably get a lot of customers cheekily trying to return old broken hardware Both are under warranty and I am fully confident I will be able to exchange them for a replacement refund My brother uses the same GPU and does not experience the same fault I suspect it was an issue with earlier models as he purchased his in september Any advice or ideas nbsp

A:Two faulty GTX 560 Ti GPUs

The warranty/RMA will be tied to the serial numbers. White sticker with bar code- which should be between the front GPU heatsink screw and the solder points for the cards VRM. I Think most Gigabyte boards only have two stickers attached- the white serial and a green QC.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/two-faulty-gtx-560-ti-gpus.177912/
Relevancy 32.68%

I hv a Dell Latitude D600 with faulty thermal sensor that show constant 85celcius even just boot and the air that blown out were not even warm. The fan were always at fullspeed. It throttle down to the lowest speed(500mhz).

I did remove the heatsink n clean all dust

I did replace the thermal paste

i replace another processor to confirm that is not a faulty processor's thermal sensor

I tried to change power setting to 'Always On' and is still the same

I tried to overclock it using NHC but its still slow

Anyway that i can disable the temp throttle down?
I dont care if that overheat my laptop as if i have to use a laptop with 500mhz i rather try to cure it.
Btw this is an unused anymore,i just wanna try to fix/modify to make it fullspeed again.
Thanks for viewing

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-latitude-d600-faulty-thermal-sensor.176799/
Relevancy 31.82%

Hello I recently posted on this forum after having issues with my computer not booting Then the PSU literally blew up a day later Old System Specs Q MSI P N Diamond Silverpower sp w has good reviews just not well known Corsair GB HD The issue I had was turn on pc everything lights up but GPU fan spins at full speed as if it was getting no power or connecting to motherboard G-card will not boot at all I did however find a very strange work around To boot the machine I had to remove the pin CPU power on the motherboard Turn the machine on but no boot Turn it off and replace CPU power Turn machine back on and everything works perfectly So It seems that the card can never boot up from cold If I re-started it worked fine I now have a new motherboard cpu RAM and PSU Both motherboards work perfectly with my tester g-card New PC Parts I k Gigabyte GA-Z X-UD P-B Corsair TX w V The new one fails to boot at all even with various different power cables removed I cannot RMA card as it is No works fan kinda speed boot, card? mobo faulty on other - - full 5870 second-hand BY using my 5870 No boot, fan full speed - kinda works on other mobo - faulty card? trick on the old motherboard it works perfectly so the card actually works It s just having big issues accepting power to 5870 No boot, fan full speed - kinda works on other mobo - faulty card? boot Would flashing the g-card bios help This quote is from an article about flashing the g-card bios It seems to sum up my issue the video BIOS initializes the card As soon as it receives power from the motherboard the BIOS activates the card and identifies itself to the motherboard BIOS In short the video BIOS starts and identifies the card and provides its initial crop of settings However if I can get any advice on other things to try out then I will happily do them The PSU s are not at fault as There is the same issue with a new Antec PSU and my brand new Corsair TC w which is supposed to be one of the dogs bollox of PSU s Thanks in advance for your reply Ivan G-S nbsp

A:5870 No boot, fan full speed - kinda works on other mobo - faulty card?

Welcome to the world of custom building lol, my computer has similar problems that if i have had it turned off for more than 5 minutes it will not boot and keeps bluescreen until i do a clean boot with a power drain, my solution to that is do just set the bios on the MB to use a 1W standby and leave it in sleep mode always (reboot it every so often)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/5870-no-boot-fan-full-speed-kinda-works-on-other-mobo-faulty-card.173944/
Relevancy 33.11%

i have 2 graphics card gtx 560 ti for my pc, 1 is working fine the other i believe is faulty hardware, i first noticed when windows display an error (see attachment) so i decided to test each one of them, the 1st one worked no issue - the 2nd one with the assume problem, the fan spins but that's all it does, i dont see my monitor screen turn on, boot screen nothing, my pc is running but the graphics card is doing nothing.

any1 can help me on this?

specs:

mob: GA Z68XUD5B3
2 msi GTX 560 Ti Hawk
intel i5 2500K
8 gb of ram
windows 7 64bit

A:Graphics card issue -- faulty hardware?

by that picture it looks like the drivers haven't installed properly, even though they are the same card you still need to put both CD's in when you install it, go back to device manager and update drivers by pointing it to the CD for that card

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-issue-faulty-hardware.172172/
Relevancy 33.11%

I have an Iiyama ProLite E1700S flat screen monitor - recently, the blue Contrast/Brightness dialogue box has started to appear (initially on/off, now permanently on) for no reason - have tried everything I can think of to "reset" the screen, but suspect it's gone faulty - any ideas? - worth repairing? - or just ditch it?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/faulty-iiyama-flat-screen-monitor.168956/
Relevancy 33.11%

Hey all The Issue I Have recently purchased a laptop with windows XP preinstalled high-grade drive Faulty DVD on laptop on it has COA key and eveything seemed to be working until i updated the Webcam drivers Suddenly the laptop stopped working and kept getting a BSOD so i re-installed XP and re-instlled the drivers for the laptop but now the DVD drive doesn t work properly When i insert a DVD film into the drive the film will play using Power Cyberlink DVD player but if i try to open the DVD from quot My Computer quot the disc appears to be blank This also happend with DVD Faulty DVD drive on high-grade laptop s where i have backed up data etc Also eveytime i start the laptop up it keeps trying to install two quot Base System Device quot I have tried allowing the laptop to install these devices but each time it tells me the device quot was not installed correctly quot I am confused as to why this is and was just wondering if i had installed the correct drivers for the laptop or not or if perhaps my DVD drive is on t its way out Laptop Specs Hi-Grade Notebook Pentium INtel T Dual Core Gb RAM Gb HDD Windows XP PRO Faulty DVD drive on high-grade laptop SP Model No W S I do have a genuine copy of Windows Home Premium with a COA but im reluctant to install this without a fully working DVD Drive thanks in advance James nbsp

A:Faulty DVD drive on high-grade laptop

I can't find W76S on Hi-Grade's site, so I don't know what extras the laptop has. And their FTP server for driver download appears to be offline. Do you still have the CD/DVD w/ device drivers that came with the laptop? Perhaps try reinstalling the drivers for the webcam, card-reader, etc. from that disc.

The other option is take a look at Device Manager. Look at the properties for those w/ exclamation marks. There should be a Details tab. Select Hardware Ids under Property, and you should get couple things in the Value box. Hopefully, the 1st one will help you identify the make and from there, the right driver. If not, try using the 2nd value.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/faulty-dvd-drive-on-high-grade-laptop.168437/
Relevancy 32.25%

Hi
Please can anyone tell me if my keyboard is faulty or not ?
Symptoms is i start the laptop up fine and works web, office etc but then after a few mintues it goes haywire and the mouse goes really erractic fire over the screen and wont stay in one place its like its got the shakes, Any know what my fault is a friend said to me that happened with him and his was faulty keyboard. Anyone any suggestions please ?

A:Dell Inspiron 1525 laptop keyboard problem faulty or not?

Yes, I would say replace the keyboard too

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-inspiron-1525-laptop-keyboard-problem-faulty-or-not.167933/
Relevancy 33.54%

Basically I got a new PC with faulty RAM and after I asked them to replace it, they told me it was fine.
I've decided to just replace it myself, any suggestions on what sort of thing I should look for(price range upto about 120)
I'll post my computer spec later.

A:Faulty RAM, reccomendations for upgrade/replace please?

Give us your make and model of your motherboard. Link us and we will help.

As a side note, never buy from them again. You and I both know it is faulty RAM or that they didn't set the voltage correctly in the BIOS.

Did you ever run Memtest per stick?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/faulty-ram-reccomendations-for-upgrade-replace-please.162450/
Relevancy 33.54%

i have a tp-link 5-port switch which has worked without a hitch for about 2 years. now there are issues - sometimes i cannot get a network connection. if i power the switch down then up again, a good connection is restored.

the set up is like this:
dsl router direct to 2 computers and the switch, then two other computers and a printer through the switch.
i have recently done a major hardware upgrade to the two machines connected to the switch, but they are both running xp as before.

can these switches develop faults?
is it on OS problem?
it happens even with only one of the computers on the switch running

A:Network switch faulty?

yes, a switch can fail just like any other active component. I lost one port on mine but had a vacant slot so I just moved the cable to the vacant position.

fyi: the DSL Router ---> Switch is just fine, but be aware that the DHCP service of the Router is providing all the TCP/IP configuration data, even to the systems attached to the switch.

Your test for correct configuration is to run IPCONFIG /ALL on a working system and
then compare that to the results on a failing system.
Usually, it is obvious on the failing systems that the configuration is not correct.
It is possible however, that the failing system is configured correctly but still fails.

see Basic Networking for descrete testing of connectivity

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-switch-faulty.161455/
Relevancy 33.54%

Hi peeps,

My question is: are there any (affordable) ways of repairing faulty graphics cards and if so, is it worth me trying to sell my 2 faulty AGP graphics cards (one is XFX 6600GT 256MB, the other Powercolor ATI X1650 Pro 512MB) on Ebay or Techspot trade/sell area or is it just best for me to recycle them at the local recycle yard? If people are able to repair them, then maybe a re-sell as faulty could rekindle some of my losses?

Many thanks for any responses.

A:Can faulty graphics cards be repaired?

No, as cost wise it's better to replace them. Don't bother selling those on ebay.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-faulty-graphics-cards-be-repaired.151927/
Relevancy 33.54%

Hi guys,

To start off, im not an IT expert & thats why im here

I've got this problem since I came back from studying abroad for 2 months (PC is not turned on at all)

To make it easy for you guys to read I'm gonna make it brief:

Issue:

- sudden power turn off problem[*POOF*] .
- After few attempts of power on and off, PC starts to give 1 long beep and 1 short beep (indicates possible MoBo Error) also monitor has no signal

I don't have any extra PSU or MoBo to test which hard drive is giving me this kind of problem,

So please guys, any kind of help is greatly appreciated

Thank you

A:Need help figuring out the faulty hardware

Go elsewhere on this TechSpot site, to find the excellent and nearly complete Beep Code list from member Tipstir. It can be very helpful.

You could have any one of a number of issues, but you didn't tell us the brand, model, age, and configuration...
It could be hard drive failure, video graphics card, cpu clamp has broken or come loose, memory module failure, power supply damaged or blown on one channel, one of the PCI card slots can cause this, even it not used... such as a eefective modem, cable or socket has failed due to heat shrinkage or poor construction.
You will likely get a lot of suggestions and guesses if you tell us more about your system.
Also tell us if you have the restore disks for windows, and the drivers to do a new install if necessary... as well as whether you have your important files backed up.
Good luck in dealing with all the ideas you are sent by TechSpot members

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-figuring-out-the-faulty-hardware.149902/
Relevancy 33.54%

I have been looking at this computer that a lady gave me to try and fix. I have deduced that the computer is all fine except for the power button. Everything is plugged in properly, the power supply works just fine. When I push the power button though to power on the system, the system doesn't respond/turn on. Does anybody know where I could buy just the button replacement? I have tried tiger direct, and googled for the last 45 minutes, and cannot find just a button replacement. I really don't want to buy a whole barebones kit for only one button. It is an emachines tower pc.

Thank you to anybody who can help.

A:Faulty Power Button

So you have shorted the PWR pins on the Motherboard and it turns on? Is that how you have confirmed its the Power button only?
You might want to blow out all dust in the power button area, well everywhere inside the computer using high compressed air

The "Power Button" comes with the case, so worst case scenario, replace the entire case

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/faulty-power-button.138054/
Relevancy 33.11%

Hi we ve been having a problem floppy failure, Boot drive? faulty with our pc sometimes about of all bootups approximately it freezes on the very first screen The screen is showing something to do with the graphics processor a logo or brand name or something however we changed the graphics card and this did not fix the problem so perhaps its something to do with the motherboard s own graphics unit The motherboard is an ms- Btw One thing we have noticed is that you can tell when the boot is going to fail because the floppy drive does not make its usual clicking noise which it does on a successfull boot So the question I Boot failure, faulty floppy drive? have for any of you who may know could it be something up with the floppy drive causing the system not to boot up Apart from removing the floppy drive is there anything we could do We have also replaced the Hard drive and that hasn t fixed the problem Thanks for any help Tom nbsp

A:Boot failure, faulty floppy drive?

It would be easiest to change the boot order in the BIOS to the hard drive first with the floppy drive and optical drive after the hard drive. It doesn't matter that much which is second or third. This way it should skip over the floppy and boot from the hard drive. If you still have trouble booting, there may be something wrong with the hard drive. If it's fine, then there might be something wrong with the floppy. You could just disconnect it, remove it or replace it. Your choice.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/boot-failure-faulty-floppy-drive.136382/
Relevancy 33.54%

Hello if Checking is faulty hardware I m Checking if hardware is faulty new to Techspot I was Checking if hardware is faulty recently involved in a rear end car crash Sadly my computer was in the trunk and the whole backend of the car was pretty smashed in my computer ended up traveling from the trunk of the car to halfway on top of the back seat The computer looks to be mostly in tact the only things that have been affected is the ram fan that was shaken loose and the cd rom which completely does not work The case is completely intact no dents or scratches I have noticed however that my computer has alot more trouble processing regular tasks like opening my computer downloading and installing files from the internet and opening warcraft bluescreens when I play for more then min System specs OS Windows XP professional SP Processor Intel R Core TM Quad CPU Q GHz Mainboard EVGA -CK-NF -A LGA NVIDIA nForce i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard Video Card PNY XLR VCG GTXXPB GeForce GTX G MB -bit GDDR Ram CORSAIR DOMINATOR GB I was wondering if there was anyway I could possibly check if all the hardware is still intact thank you for your time nbsp

A:Checking if hardware is faulty

Wouldn't hurt to reseat your RAM and vid card, and any other plug in cards. The heatsink may have came loose on your CPU or graphics card causing them to get hotter than normal, which may be a cause for a blue screen. I've never reseated a graphics card heatsink, but its probably less of a pita than a CPU one. Just remember if you reseat you are going to need to clean off the existing paste and reapply before seating it again.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/checking-if-hardware-is-faulty.133632/
Relevancy 33.54%

I just put together a computer and it won t work After connecting everything to the computer and i tried to turn it on it would turn on the power LED for or boot, motherboard? won't Computer faulty CPU about second then turn off I can see the power supply fan start to turn but then it just stops when the LED goes Computer won't boot, faulty CPU or motherboard? out I have disconnected the fans memory HDD DVD drive the only thing connected is the processor and power and it did the same thing I have tested the power supply with a power supply tester and that shows up to be Computer won't boot, faulty CPU or motherboard? just fine when I take out the processor the light stays on just fine when i put the processor back in it does it again does this mean that the processor is dead or does it mean that there is a short or some kind of damage to the motherboard the motherboard is refurbished so maybe it s not in the best shape nbsp

A:Computer won't boot, faulty CPU or motherboard?

what are you hardware specifications?

everyting, Cpu, motherboard, psu, gpu, ram,

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-wont-boot-faulty-cpu-or-motherboard.130936/
Relevancy 33.54%

Hi I recently got a problem where my PC lags up and i need to restart it I found out that one of the RAM s were faulty I ve got x GB I removed the faulty one and tested those together with Memtest It ran for about - hrs Did passes It did not get any errors so I assumed it was ok Today after the PC had been on for about hrs straight it froze again I m testing the RAM again but it takes for ever Can it be that i need to run Memtest even longer than passes to find any errors Or does the problem lie somewhere else I read here in several posts that if I let memtest run passs I can be fairly sure that the RAM is not faulty Is this the case or can it still detect errors after or Memtest 7 Faulty passes RAM errors no not? gets after more passes I know or well I am sure that the slots are working as they should Faulty RAM or not? Memtest gets no errors after 7 passes What else can this be If it doesn t get errors after passes should i continue to let it test or should i look for the problem somewhere else nbsp

A:Faulty RAM or not? Memtest gets no errors after 7 passes

Can the lockup be caused by the RAM not getting enough voltage?

You see... I just relized... I had 2 CL5's and 2 CL4's... Now there is one CL5 and 2 CL4... Can this be the reason? THat the CL4 does not get enough voltage?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/faulty-ram-or-not-memtest-gets-no-errors-after-7-passes.129980/
Relevancy 34.4%

i have an inteldbg850 motherboard think that it went out how do i find out. i hear no beeps ive tried 4 different graphic cards and 3 different monitors dont have a whole lot of money to replace computer right now. could it be the cpu or the motherboard and how can i tell. please help single father of 3

A:Faulty cpu or the mb?

Go back to the most basic setup you can imagine...
One memory module, one video connection, and a cd or a simple hard drive... or an external floppy drive with a Windows 98 disk.
Attempt a boot.
If no boot, change to the other memory module. Attempt another boot.

The idea is to try various simple boots, and avoid using the hard drive if you can... use a different hard drive known good with Windows 95 or windows 98 installed... or boot to a floppy boot disk or a CD with Windows 98, 95, or ME disk on it..
Motherboards are pretty solid, and the Intell is one of the better ones. Processors rarely go out.
Common failures are (1) dead memory module, (2) failed power supply, or (3) bad hard drive. Very often if any of those three are bad, the computer will not start up.
Testing the power supply is more difficult. Once simple test is to watch the back of the power supply with a strong light. Have somebody else press the <ON> button while you watch to see if the fan blades on the power supply turn. If they turn only 1/8 turn to 1 turn and quit, the power supply is usually bad and is the likely problem.
Better yet, buy or borrow a power supply tester. They cost anywhere from $9 to $29, depending on quality or complexity.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/faulty-cpu-or-the-mb.119082/
Relevancy 33.97%

The monitor in question here is a Viewsonic VE quot LCD its probably about years old and definitely outside of its warranty period Now the monitor turns on fine and displays the video signal fine for approximately seconds then goes black I can turn the monitor off and back on again and it will display the image for seconds and then black again It will not display the signal continuously Now when I say it goes black the picture is still there but its just extremely dark as if the brightness has been turned right down and its extremely hard to see you d think there was no video signal unless you got right up to it I have tried using the auto image adjust feature to no success and tried using the on screen menu settings right up close squinting to see the menu and the contrast and brightness are turned up to the maximum and yet it still shows black I know for certain that it is not an issue with the computer or graphics card as I have tried the monitor on two different computers Tried two different VGA cables connected to the monitor The monitor is still receiving power as the power light is continuously green its still receiving a video signal as it does not display the No Video Signal message The monitor Faulty Monitor LCD is definitely faulty Anyone know how to fix such an issue how much it would cost approximately it would fix Faulty LCD Monitor to get fixed if its worth getting repaired or just get a new monitor nbsp

A:Faulty LCD Monitor

It is most likely a problem with the LCD monitors internal power supply board. There are repair places for LCD monitors. Google for repair centers in your area

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/faulty-lcd-monitor.117962/
Relevancy 33.54%

An old computer I have is showing some strange readings...
vcore1 = 1.44v
vcore2 = 2.61v
+3.3v = 2.14v
+5v = 2.71v
another +5v reading - 2.15v
-5v = 5.41v
+12v = 5.50v
-12v = -6.19v

Very strange... specs are:
1GB DDR PC-3200,
3 hard disks (2 IDE, 1 SATA),
Sempron 1.8ghz,
6600GT
I know it's underpowered and has been for a while,, but why such a big effect? surely wouldn't it not work w/these voltages? thanks

A:Faulty sensor? Or worse?

I use Lavalys EVEREST Home Edition to view system parameters. The home edition is free and can be found at MajorGeeks. Try it and if you get strange readings, then there's a problem with your BIOS.

Best,
-- Andy

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/faulty-sensor-or-worse.114849/
Relevancy 33.54%

Hi guys

I've been building SLI rigs usign this motherboard all year, using same memory and cpu configuration (phenom 9550) The last 6 out 10 motherboards I have ordered in (different suppliers) the computer will not boot.

I have changed ever single component on the pc, inc the PSU. The fans spin and thats it. The motherboards I did manage to get working where not straight forward I would have to mess around with the memory settings in bios for it to recognise all 6 or 8gb ram. Then all of a sudden it would jsut work with restored defaults.

I am a system builder and have 3 unit to go out to customers and time is ticking lol.

Has anyone else experienced any problems with these boards. I have never had problems with them until Asrock stopped makign them anymore.

A:ALiveN570SLI-eSATA2 are these things faulty?

"I have never had problems with them until Asrock stopped making them anymore"...

It is time to use another brand motherboard...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/aliven570sli-esata2-are-these-things-faulty.113205/
Relevancy 33.54%

Hi all My first post so please excuse me if I don t quite get my problem across Last week my XFX GeForce gt MB AGP grafix card started to act a little weird year old card I was playing Star Wars Galaxies when I opened up my Inventory pulls up a box full of spinning pictures of your Inventory As I did this my PC froze and the screen went AGP card 256 GeForce XFX 6600GT Faulty all fuzzy and distorted I Faulty XFX GeForce 6600GT 256 AGP card first thought it was just a game crash and reset my system only the problem continued when I rebooted SWG Other aspects of playing SWG were fine just when I opened any box or inventory did it go funny The other game it was going weird with was Battleknight online game after the log on screen it shows you a battleknight loading page This was all distorted too Dots and pixels all out of sorts What baffles me is that the grafix card acts normal with internet pages and basic functions it just freaks out when using it on SWG and Battleknight I have tried to use the Ntune program that you get with the latest Nvidia drivers but that just freezes as it tries to check the card I have taken out the card and given it a good celan using an air spray but it has no effect on my problem The card cost me brand new so I am a bit loathe to give up on it for the moment I have the latest Nvidia drivers loaded I have checked that the fan is still working and it is I have a W PSU which should be fine Is it on it s way out or can it be saved Thanks in advance for any ideas on how to fix My spec ASUS P P S-X mobo MB Mhz RAM PC W PSU Windows XP Pro SP nbsp

A:Faulty XFX GeForce 6600GT 256 AGP card

Oh specialized support!

I believe it's your video card itself
I have a 512Meg that even has issues sometimes

I think you're best to uninstall it fully
Turn off
Detach the card gain
If you have onboard video, start with that
Turn on
Then use Driver Sweeper to remove any leftovers
Actually even run CCleaner
Turn off
Install your (clean) Addon video card
Re-install the latest drivers again
Test

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/faulty-xfx-geforce-6600gt-256-agp-card.109776/
Relevancy 33.97%

This is a very strange issue for me...
need 2 know your opinion!

Brand new laptop DELL XPS m1530 with LCD LG 1440/900.
So , when i open the lid and Vista starts it always catch my eyes.
Always when i touch harder the kbd or move something on my desk - on the upper area on the screen theres's a tiny place which trembles (the effect is like touching water in glass). What do u think? Is this a serious problem? Do i have to return it? Or just share yout thoughts...
Thank u!!!

A:Maybe faulty screen?

If it is under warrenty then yes you should return it, bc if you keep it and the screen breaks after the warrenty is up the bill will probably be almost as the laptop its self

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/maybe-faulty-screen.106952/
Relevancy 32.25%

Hello,

I recently purchased a second 8800 gts 640mb video card to work in sli with my current one. When i connect the card in sli or by itself in the same slot my older card was in and turn on the power then computer will switch on for about a second then switch back off again. If the press the button again the computer wont even switch on at all until i take the card out.I cant understand what is causing this unless the card is faulty. I have a 700 watt power supply which should be sufficient for both cards and more than enough for the newer card by itself so i dont think the power supply is the problem. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

A:Computer shuts down almost immediately after its turned on - Faulty Video Card?

Have you connected the additional power supply connector to both cards. If the new card won't run by itself, the card is bad... Simple

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-shuts-down-almost-immediately-after-its-turned-on-faulty-video-card.106667/
Relevancy 33.97%

Hi
I've recently purchased a 2 gb micro Cruzer sandisk (U3) and it has stopped working -
i have loads of files on it..
the light does not come on
the CPU does not find it
Help!

any suggestions?

A:Faulty sandisk

Well on the other end (ie not worrying about the files)
HP USB Disk Storage Format Utility
Http://downloads.pcworld.com/pub/new/utilities/peripherals/SP27608.exe

Will format any USB flash drive
It can be known to recover Flash drives that are un-responsive too.

But to recover your files, first try another computer USB port

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/faulty-sandisk.101800/
Relevancy 33.97%

My PCI slot dial up modem only works once after i uninstall it (add or remove programs) and restart PC? After i hang up then try to reconnect i get an error 721 or 633. Have used modem troubleshooter but to no avail. Restarting PC WITHOUT uninstalling renders the same problem! Problem SEEMED to occur after installing Motorola phone tools program and plugging in mobile phone. Have uninstalled this programme completely and unplugged phone of course but still the same? Any help appreciated. P.S. I have used this programme before without ant drama? I reinstalled it as i reinstalled windows!

A:Faulty modem?

Error 721: The remote computer is not responding
Error 633 The port is already in use or is not configured for Remote Access Dialout

This can be a driver issue, you may wish to Google your modem drivers, or ideally go to the modem's manufacturers support page.

PCI slot dial up modem. Hmm Sometimes it's a lot easier just to remove it, and purchase a new one, they're very very cheap now highspeed is in.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/faulty-modem.99215/
Relevancy 33.54%

Hi I just recently put together a new system with the core components been a GA-p -DS Motherboard from Gigabyte and the new E Wolfdale CPU s Other components included GB of Corsair Dual Channel Memory XFX GTS Graphics Card W Coolermaster PSU Thermaltake Soprano DX Case Hard - Build Problems Motherboard Else? Possible or Faulty New Something Disk etc Now the problem was everything connected but New Build Problems - Possible Faulty Motherboard or Something Else? nothing would start not make a sound nor even flicker a lil light Once we did manage to get it to work it was found that the CPU fan would not start immediatly rather there was a delay from - seconds After some investigating it was found that the CPU fan delay problem was fixed by moving the connector from CPU FAN to the SYS FAN port on the mobo Furthermore the not-starting-at-all-issue was fixed by simply not including the sound AC- or optional HD from the case external connection for headphones etc onto the motherboard It appeared that it had an effect similar to short-circuiting the whole thing Thus after these two issues were resolved ie change of port and excluding sound the system ran fine and has been doing so as i install everything The question i wanted to ask was Are these problems because of a faulty motherboard fingers crossed its not and if so can the faultiness further affect the remainder of my components within time OR Are these problems because of potential incompatibility with the board and the E as i ve heard some gossip and requires a BIOS update If so where can such a thing be found I thank you for any help in advance as this problem has been worrying me sick A lot of money for a new system that i definitely don t want KAPUT Thanks nbsp

A:New Build Problems - Possible Faulty Motherboard or Something Else?

A BIOS update would be available on the Gigabyte website.
But IMO, RMAing the motherboard would be better in case you encounter further problems.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-build-problems-possible-faulty-motherboard-or-something-else.98734/
Relevancy 33.54%

Hey I was wondering if any one could help me with an Issue I m currently experiencing on my system I believe it is my PSU but I m unsure My Specs are as follows Crucial Ballistix GB x GB DDR PC - C MHz Dual Channel Kit Intel Core Duo E quot LGA Conroe quot GHz FSB Gigabyte GA P DS R Socket PCI-Express DDR Motherboard OCZ StealthXStream w Silent SLI Ready ATX Power Supply Sapphire ATI Radeon HD Pro SILENT Heatpipe MB PCI-E Over clocked to an XT Now the problem is a simple one my restarts, need as be PSU clarification seems faulty pc some to computer restarts But only so far in d mark I have played call of duty demo and unreal III PSU seems to be faulty as pc restarts, need some clarification maxed out just to grind it and see if my pc cuts out it doesn t now in d mark it gets about half way through and then cuts out the computer restarts the first thing I check is the event viewer and check the logs There is nothing in there on an error I have unchecked the restart pc at blue screen so PSU seems to be faulty as pc restarts, need some clarification it is not a blue screen issue the temperature of my processor runs at - PSU seems to be faulty as pc restarts, need some clarification C under pressure and the GPU runs at about - under pressure my first thought was that over clocking the GPU to an XT is the issue However now I am unsure and need some clarification because it s just cutting out and restarting it indication a PSU issue and when I go into PC wizard free program to check many things my PSU shows the following V Voltage V V Voltage V Obviously this is not right and I understand these fluxuate but this is a big difference which makes me think the reason is the PSU I have got in contact with the people I purchased the PSU from and am waiting for a response however I would like a second opinion any ideas Thanks people nbsp

A:PSU seems to be faulty as pc restarts, need some clarification

Well if your 3.3V Voltage = 1.90V then you have a critical problem with the power supply (assuming reading is correct) The 12V also looks a little high to me. I would suggest obtaining a power supply tester ASAP and confirming the readings. In the mean time I would try to refrain from using the computer as you may do a lot more damage.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/psu-seems-to-be-faulty-as-pc-restarts-need-some-clarification.90144/
Relevancy 33.54%

Hi I m having some trouble with my computer I have Windows XP installed but I wanna install Ubuntu and Vista only because of DX of course I ve tried to boot from the Vista DVD and it recognizes it as a bootable disc but after it asks quot press any key to boot from disc quot and I press a key the screen just turns black However when I updated the firmware for my NEC ND- A drive it does run the installation but extremely slowly Every step in the installation process takes mins to load The Ubuntu installation CD boot problem motherboard? faulty - comes as far as the screen where you choose whether to install verify the disc contents and so on However clicking on any of these will load the kernel but the screen will turn black after that So it sounds like the problem was the DVD drive right It s not though because I CD boot problem - faulty motherboard? just bought a SATA DVD drive today the old one was IDE which have the same problem So the problem is not the drive or the IDE SATA channels What do you think nbsp

A:CD boot problem - faulty motherboard?

Could you please list which parts (model numbers processor type and speed etc, etc) comprise your computer or the make and model number if it's a Dell, HP, Gateway or such?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cd-boot-problem-faulty-motherboard.89990/
Relevancy 33.54%

A while back I bought SATA drive faulty a GB SATA drive to compliment the GB ATA drive I already had As soon as I plugged it in there were problems It was a while ago so I can t remember all problems but I eventually got it to the point I could access and install things on it but it seemed to crash a lot so I just abandoned it Now I d like to get it going properly if possible When it quot crashes quot it makes a loud clicking noise and the whole PC freezes Sometimes this goes into an unending loop CLICK then mouse faulty SATA drive freezes then other faulty SATA drive noises then mouse is free again and eventually freezes the PC completely rendering the PC inoperable and forcing me to press the reset button I really hate doing that I have tried to format the drive several times and tried both of the motherboard sata slots to no avail Does anyone know what the problem is or might be If you think it s broken then at least I will know not to rely on it thanks in advance Chris EDIT SATA Raid drivers were installed nbsp

A:faulty SATA drive

The drive could be bad but regardless, it sounds like you didn't install any SATA/RAID controller drivers. Is this Windows XP? Go to your motherboard's website and download and install the drivers. Also, make sure the SATA controllers are enabled in the BIOS. They usually are by default but it can't hurt to check.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/faulty-sata-drive.87810/
Relevancy 33.97%

Hi I ve had an Audigy mp sound card sb faulty Audigy for a while but the motherboard also has a CMedia chip At some point I decided to try the CMedia chip instead to compare it uninstalled all audigy drivers and setup the cmedia I don t remember if I did this more than once but the result was that now neither work very well I am not concerned about the onboard CMedia chip but the Audigy s problem is that I can t install the driver as the driver installer won t accept that there is an Audigy installed Instead windows has found a quot Creative Audigy Audio faulty sb Audigy Processor WDM quot which is faulty sb Audigy listed in the device manager and the only sound device appearing under control panel sound audio is quot Emu Kx Audio BC quot whatever that is I have tried moving the card to another PCI slot etc looking in the registry for any mention of creative and removing it Still it will not install drivers The sound does work with these faulty sb Audigy other drivers but I still would like to know - is my Audigy broken thanks Chris nbsp

A:faulty sb Audigy

I'm not sure if this is it but did you disable the onboard sound in the BIOS?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/faulty-sb-audigy.87813/
Relevancy 34.4%

Hello Ive been having random reboots on a new Is faulty? my PSU machine i recently built EVGA i mainboard GTS mb Core Duo ghz x Gb Corsair Ram I googled my problem and found a guide on this forum saying to run Speedfan to check my PSU for voltage consistency The program after it opens up shows my temperatures all as blue down arrows except for the HD and CPU which are green quot Check Marks quot My voltages in the lower left hand corner read Vcore V V V AVcc V Now my main question is are these the v v and v rails he speaks about in his post http www techspot com vb topic html If so arent they all off Atleast the V reading more than V off seems bad to me This may seem like a stupid question but im real tight on cash and if i spent what i have on a new really nice PSU and i was wrong about this id be angry As a side note in Speedfan the green check mark next to my CPU Is my PSU faulty? which idles around C occasionally turns into a red quot up arrow quot for about seconds then back to a green check I havnt seen the temp go over C though I love this computer except for the random restarts and id be extreamly happy if i could fix it Appreciate any help you guys could give Thankyou D nbsp

A:Is my PSU faulty?

" id be angry "

LOL - you'll be even angrier if you don't and your sweet mobo gets gerfunkled.

Yes, that is TOO low on the 12v rail. Whether that reading is accurate or not is another question. Getting a measurement off of a 12v fan lead might verify that if you have a tester available.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-my-psu-faulty.79578/
Relevancy 32.68%

So i just Put together a brand new computer with a Core Duo E and an Asus P B-E Mobo I turned it on for the first time and went into the Bios to monitor temperature There I discovered the cpu temp was degrees C All fans are running correctly and the heatsink fan was installed correctly I turned the computer off as soon as possible to ponder this problem I came accros this article in my research http www techimo com forum t html basically it says that the Mobo was reading the temp on the cpu wrong I went back and turned on my computer for about Minute untill the temp hit c then I touched my heatsink and it felt about room temperature maybe a little cooler So my question is Could this board have a screwy temperature gauge Or is my Mobo overclocking my cpu right outta the box Thanks for any help you can contribute nbsp

A:a mobo that automatically overclocks? or just a faulty Temp Gauge

Well, that thread did say that the mobo has temp sensor problems.

btw, I don't think its possible to get your heatsink to below room temp . It is just physically impossible. The reason why it feels that way is because metal is a much better heat conductor than air, and therefore is conducting away your body heat faster than the air around you, thus feeling colder.

Just a little info for you
Core2Duos have a max operating temp of 66C or something like that, the last time I checked. In fact, no Intel chips for PC have a max operating temp of over 70C (maybe a couple) the last time I checked, so if its registering 85C, your CPU is ready to explode or your mobo sensor is stuffed up.

I'm betting your mobo sensor is stuffed up.

If you're still worried, time to get an aftermarket CPU heatink+fan. Then you might be able to do some overclocks as well

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/a-mobo-that-automatically-overclocks-or-just-a-faulty-temp-gauge.75818/
Relevancy 33.97%

Could anyone please help me to find a supplier for an asus fan. The card is Asus A9600XT. The fan in question is a micro fan with three wires, this includes feedback signal on the third wire. This fan is quite slim and is designed for this card only.

The problem is that the fan makes a noise and drives me sane.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/faulty-9600xt-fan.73837/
Relevancy 33.54%

Just built a new machine and booted it for first time the other day Had a problem first of all with the machine losing power and dying Sorted that by buying a new PSU The PSU was the only part that was definatley not brand new so sods law really Got the new power supply installed and booted up to run the Vista install from disc There is a weird clunking sound coming from the hard disk though help.... Possible hard faulty, disk please and occasionally a kind of bouncing sound can just be heard When I Possible hard disk faulty, please help.... got to the hard disk Partition formatting part before the actual install it showed up the hard disk with the correct capacity so I partitioned with the maximum amount and then clicked on format It just hung for ages and then told me no hard disk could be found I checked the BIOS and it was seeing a hard disk and showing the correct capacity I dont know what to think Is my hard disk faulty what is that weird sound Does anyone know Damien nbsp

A:Possible hard disk faulty, please help....

Did you tighten the screws on the HDD?
Why didn't let Vista Format the HDD to new NFS.
If you a clunking noise the HDD is gone..

Did you say you just built a new PC but used old parts?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/possible-hard-disk-faulty-please-help.69661/
Relevancy 34.4%

I Ram? Faulty have a pair of Kingston Value Ram DDR mb x that seem to be giving me some trouble When I first finished my computer I would get a BSOD at random times but I switched in another module of ram and it went away for awhile But it came back now at more specific times though It started to just freeze on me I could hear the harddrive shut down my hard drive has an annoying whir it makes very noticeable and the screen would stay up on what I was doing Now it just turns off I can see the BSOD come up but it goes right to blank screen and all that stays on is my fans Now the ONLY things that make it do this are web broswers Firefox in particular I havn t noticed it in any others but I don t use other ones anyways lol and torrent programs Another thing I Faulty Ram? noticed is my page file usage wow Sometimes I notice it go up to mb and if I ve been playing games for all day even after I close out it ll say I m still using about mb of page file when all I have up is windows media player Anyways this isn t a huge issue to me it s just rather annoying haha If it is faulty ram I can just RMA it Thanks AJ nbsp

A:Faulty Ram?

The best way to test your RAM is to download Memtest86 and run it overnight. If it passes that the RAM isn't your problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/faulty-ram.69694/
Relevancy 33.54%

I didn't know mice had evolved that far

Anyway, i bought a new Logitech LX3 at the weekend, great thing, but the scroll wheel is odd.
When scrolling down, the movement is erratic and slow, and in Oblivion, I have 'clicking in' set to 'Cast' but it also zooms out my character.
Movement up is slightly better but still quite erratic.
I removed the Logitech software but that didnt make a difference.

Thanks in advance
The fantastic, neurotic, Finchy

A:Faulty Mouse Wheel

reinstall the latest logitech mouse software, ( SetPoint 3.01) check the settings and enable "smooth scroll".

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/faulty-mouse-wheel.62909/
Relevancy 33.54%

The motherboard on my friends PC is completely gone, but the data on the hard disk is needed on a new one.

What's the best way to copy data off an old HDD when the new PC is set up?

All details, or pointers, much appreciated.

A:Faulty motherboard, but want to copy HDD

You can just take the old hard drive and hook it up inside the new computer, be sure to get the correct jumper settings. The old one is likely jumpered to Master, so if its not going on its own seperate IDE ribbon you'll need to set it to slave.

After that its just a matter of finding the files that you want copied over. There is a chance you will run into ownership issues and not have access to the directories in which the files are contained. If that is the case please read: How to solve ACCESS DENIED error when accessing data from different XP/2000 install.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/faulty-motherboard-but-want-to-copy-hdd.63179/
Relevancy 34.4%

new sony vaio possible RAM? faulty sz p periodically goes to the blue screen of death possible faulty RAM? and does a physical memory dump then reboots first time it did this it didn t reboot and i had to reinstall xp pro it does this with a variety of apps open usually word excel mathematica acrobat reader i ve attached the minidump files if anyone has suggestions as to what might be the problem i ve tried the windows debugger which pointed towards a symantec issue although i don t think i used it correctly that i patched but the possible faulty RAM? problem recurred Event Type Error Event Source System Error Event Category Event ID Date Time PM User N A Computer F F possible faulty RAM? C CC Description Error code f parameter parameter f dcd parameter parameter For more information see Help and Support Center at http go microsoft com fwlink events asp Data d System E f rror Er f f ror code d f Param eters c f dcd c c Event Type Error Event Source System Error Event Category Event ID Date Time AM User N A Computer F F C CC Description Error code f parameter parameter f dcd parameter parameter For more information see Help and Support Center at http go microsoft com fwlink events asp Data d System E f rror Er f f ror code d f Param eters c f dcd c c Event Type Error Event Source System Error Event Category Event ID Date Time PM User N A Computer F F C CC Description Error code f parameter parameter parameter parameter For more information see Help and Support Center at http go microsoft com fwlink events asp Data d System E f rror Er f f ror code d f Param eters c c c Event Type Error Event Source System Error Event Category Event ID Date Time PM User N A Computer F F C CC Description Error code f parameter parameter f dcd parameter parameter For more information see Help and Support Center at http go microsoft com fwlink events asp Data d System E f rror Er f f ror code d f Param eters c f dcd c c Event Type Error Event Source System Error Event Category Event ID Date Time PM User N A Computer F F C CC Description Error code f parameter parameter parameter parameter For more information see Help and Support Center at http go microsoft com fwlink events asp Data d System E f rror Er f f ror code d f Param eters c c c nbsp

A:possible faulty RAM?

A sony Vaio with norton on it has to be THE worst combination there is!!!!!!!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/possible-faulty-ram.61156/
Relevancy 29.24%

I've been having some problems with my computer recently (blue screens). I'm not 100% sure what's causing it but I have a strong feeling that it may be a faulty graphics card. The reasons why I think it might be the graphics card is because:

the screen flickers,
I once got a shock when attaching the monitor cable to the back of the graphics card (is this even safe?), and
Windows attributes the error to a 'device driver'.

Now back to my main question, can a faulty graphics card cause a monitor to "break"? Just today, my monitor is displaying all the colours wrong (a massive red tint). I've tried it on another computer and it's definitely the monitor displaying incorrect colours.

A:Can a faulty graphics card "destroy" a monitor?

Well, not destroy. Fry some circuitry, yes - VGA signals are 0.7V and shorting 12V to it is not a good idea

As for the shock you got.. Are you using grounded outlets and/or the same outlet for the PC and the monitor?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-a-faulty-graphics-card-destroy-a-monitor.60098/
Relevancy 33.54%

Hi after replacing my DVD drive yesterday my system will no longer boot into windows I have a SEAGATE BARRACUDA GB ATA I have tried to repair the windows XP installation on this drive but no installation of XP shows up I have also Windows into XP Boot is my HDD Faulty? - Can't run the Seagate Disc Wizard and it identified that there was an Can't Boot into Windows XP - is my HDD Faulty? error with the file system on the drive which was NFTS but didn t give me any instructions as to how I could solve it Currently the drive is in a friends PC and is showing as connected but at only GB partition not the full GB it should be there When I try to access it a prompt asks me to format the drive Can suggest any steps I need to take to help me to identify what is wrong with this drive and if it can be repaired it Many Thanks P S i wasn t sure if this is an OS problem or a Stroage problem nbsp

A:Can't Boot into Windows XP - is my HDD Faulty?

see if this guide is any help: http://www.short-media.com/review.php?r=313

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-boot-into-windows-xp-is-my-hdd-faulty.51194/
Relevancy 33.97%

Could somebody write down telltale symptoms for PSU struggling with too heavy load? If any? Or how to see if the PSU isn't quite enough for the system? or if it's enough. Symptoms besides the obvious crashing...

A:Signs of faulty PSU?

Look at the voltages reported by BIOS or some system health utility. They should all be within 5% of the nominal value (that's 11.4-12.6, 4.75-5.25, 3.14-3.47)

Put a CD in all your optical drives, power off. Turn the computer on again and see if it can manage to spin up all the hard drives plus the CDs.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/signs-of-faulty-psu.45290/
Relevancy 33.97%

Does anyone know anything about motherboard repairs.? As I have two faulty motherboards (both from year old Emachines). I think there is a problem somewhere around the power connection area and I wonder if it is possible or worth while trying to ahve them repaired?

If you have any info, please let me know.

Thanks

David Silvester

www.shareworld.co.uk

A:faulty motherboards

emachines are junk, don't bother having them repaired.

for the price you would pay to have them repaired, you could buy a much better quality mobo than the crap that emachines uses just to have them fail again

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/faulty-motherboards.43533/
Relevancy 33.54%

Hi all

Is there any possible way to somehow check the new Upgrade parts I have for my PC individually:

PSU,
MOBO,

to try and nail down the problems I seem to be having.

see post:
http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic39646.html

regards :giddy:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-can-i-check-individual-parts-if-there-faulty.39712/
Relevancy 32.68%

LiteOn Dual layer DVD R RW CD Laser faulty Wont read CDs Hi I purchased a LiteOn IT Dual layer DVD - Writer - RW a little over a year ago and recently the CD laser has become faulty or at least I m assuming so The drive will read DVDs fine but not DVD (+/- faulty Laser LiteOn Writer CD layer Dual RW) +/- CDs I ve tried using lens cleaners and I ve reinstalled drivers Tried multiple CDs in multiple computers and still no luck Since the warranty has already expired and is thus void I opened the drive up to see if I could see anything wrong but saw nothing I could say was the problem The drive simply spins up when a CD is put in but then stops again - I m asuming this is because it s failed to detect a disk I m just wondering if there is any options short of buying a new drive Is there a replacement laser LiteOn Dual layer DVD +/- Writer (+/- RW) CD Laser faulty I could buy even if I have to resolder it to the board myself Any other options solutions would be greatly LiteOn Dual layer DVD +/- Writer (+/- RW) CD Laser faulty appreciated Many thanks Ben nbsp

A:LiteOn Dual layer DVD +/- Writer (+/- RW) CD Laser faulty

Can someone move this to the Storage forum so it might get a bit more attention please.

Thanks.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/liteon-dual-layer-dvd-writer-rw-cd-laser-faulty.37437/
Relevancy 33.97%

I upgraded a pc today with new motherboard, ram, amd 3100 and case. I know the ram is working fine and i know the case and power are working fine. When i put it all together my cpu fan is turning but nothing else is happening, not sure if it is my cpu or my motherboard, or alternatively something else. Anyone got any good ideas to try?
any advice would be most appriciated.
Cheers

A:how can i tell if my motherboard is faulty or my cpu?

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

You did use standoffs when fitting the new mobo didn`t you?

Make sure that the mobo isn`t shorting against the case anywhere.

Is the heatsink properly connected, and did you use thermal paste?

Disconnect anything not required to boot your system.

Does the computer attempt to post?

Try booting with just the mobo/cpu/ram if you then get beeps, start adding the other components one at a time untill your system doesn`t try and post.

If this is a completely different mobo to your last one. You will need to run a Windows repair on your hard drive, because your hard drive will have all the drivers for your old mobo.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-can-i-tell-if-my-motherboard-is-faulty-or-my-cpu.35712/
Relevancy 33.97%

I m having a hell of a time figuring out why I get the BSOD I have a thread here http www techspot com vb topic html There I had my minidumps examined and it seemed to show signs of faulty RAM Then I tried one stick alone no problems then the other no problems Both again and after several days finally I get one crash I can t tell what it is anymore A friend suggested maybe the mobo was having problems RAM How determine to faulty if is keeping up in dual channel or that the mobo was set for a heavy demand on the RAM and when both are in they can t work together fast enough I don t know I m close How to determine if RAM is faulty to getting new RAM but would hate to still have the same problem I have GB X GB of Kingston PC DDR pin Value RAM Link to RAM given in thread listed above My PC is BRAND NEW there How to determine if RAM is faulty seem to be no problems brand new p s everything I m half out of my head over this I ve had this system for nearly months without stability nbsp

A:How to determine if RAM is faulty

http://www.memtest.org

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-determine-if-ram-is-faulty.35153/
Relevancy 32.68%

i seem to be having abig problem when playing any game on my pc, the game will start fine then when u actually get into the game it will crash within seconds.

i tried an old game (midtown madness 2) and figured something out.
if i set it to run on hardware only i have no trouble, but if i set the game to run with hardware and software thats when it crashes, ive downloaded the latest drives for the graphics card, forceware version 78.01. at the moment my cpu temp is 35C so maybe it isnt overheating.

any help would be great as im out of ideas

thanks

A:games crashing, possible faulty card or system overheating?

well i took another look at the temp, and im a little concerned..

Temperatures:
Motherboard 46 C (115 F)
CPU 42 C (108 F)
Maxtor 6Y080L0 51 C (124 F)
MAXTOR 4K040H2 34 C (93 F)

Cooling Fans:
CPU 4383 RPM

Voltage Values:
CPU Core 1.82 V
+3.3 V 3.30 V
+5 V 5.05 V
+12 V 12.35 V
+5 V Standby 5.03 V
Debug Info V 72 00 CE BC C1 00 00 BB (F7)
Debug Info T 42 46 127

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/games-crashing-possible-faulty-card-or-system-overheating.34802/
Relevancy 33.11%

I have been saving my files onto a sandisk cruzer mini 128MB flash drive. Everthing was going ok till yday when I plugged in my cruzer mini and I saw the littl eicon on my computer and the green light went on too but i was not able to access my files. When I tried it kept asking me to insert the desk Then I tried one of the freeware to recover files from it and that returned zero files. Can somebody tell me how I can retrieve files from it, if at all possible. Unfortunately I dont have back up too.

Thanks

A:retrieve files from faulty cruzer mini-please help

I have a Cruzer Micro that I accidently wiped out (and fixed) so maybe I can help a little bit. First of all, you have to be able to access the drive before you can recover any files. If your computer is telling you to insert the disk, that ususally means that it does not think the drive is there. Did the recovery program that you tried detect the drive? Also, which operating system are you using?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/retrieve-files-from-faulty-cruzer-mini-please-help.32009/
Relevancy 34.4%

Decided my system needed an upgrade so i bought an Asus A v x-x mobo mb DDR ram and a W PSU Using all other bits from my existing set up Assembled everthing and it posted no problem and recognised ll the bits I decided that a fresh start with a nice clean drive would be the job so decided to Fdisk and reformat Thats where the problems started i have Fdisked and formatted drives many times but this time whenever i ? Faulty CPU tried to Faulty CPU ? load the OS it kept coming up that the free space was being incorrectly reported and asking if i wanted scandisk to fix the fault I would ask it to fix the fault and the try to load the OS then it would tell me it could not decompress the cab file and the D which is the boot disk RAMDRIVE was write protected I checked all cables and that everthing was seated correctly everything looked fine and the PC continued to post ok After about a dozen attempts to set up the drive i took out everything and put my old mobo and CPU back in and bingo everthing worked fine OS loaded a treat The CPU i Faulty CPU ? was trying to put into the new setup was a Sempron the mobo came with the revision BIOS so it was Faulty CPU ? compatible with the CPU Now the CPU was previously in a PC in which the mobo and PSU blew I rebuilt this one for a friend but replaced mobo CPU and PSU Everything else was fine drives ram etc and went in the rebuild and i assumed that the CPU was ok and only the mobo and PSU affected What i would like to know is are the problems i had indicating a fault in the CPU or a fault in one of the new components If i have to buy new CPU fine but any other bits will be under warranty and i dont want to spend money replacing something that is not faulty i apologise if this is a bit rambling any help would be much appreciated Logo nbsp

A:Faulty CPU ?

I doubt it's your cpu. If your cpu was bad, nothing would work right. You couldn't have seen anything on the screen if your cpu was bad.

Are you loading xp? If so, it has it's own drive format utility built in.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/faulty-cpu.31526/
Relevancy 33.97%

It seems after reading the forums that the x73 would be better suited in my nieghbours skip.. but untill then i wondered if any one can help
my printer has been fine untill..... i needed to change the cartridge i was half way through printing documents when it ran out so i cancelled the print went out to get a new cartridge and now its ....buggered when i open the front cover the cartridge holders wont move into the middle and when i turn the printer on it spools about 5 sheets of paper through and then the status lights keeps flashing it wont print nor will it feed paper it still photocopies but nothing from the print side works i have uninstalled and reinstalled with the original disc and also downloaded the drivers from lexmark.. have i done something wrong when i cancelled the print job?
thanks

A:another faulty lexmark x73

I can't imagine cancelling a print job would damage the printer itself. You should have definately been able to turn off the power, then turn it back on and things be back to normal.
So you've replaced the cartridges, and the copier still works? Sounds like it could be a problem in your cabling. Try replacing it, but once again I don't see how this would just crap out like that.

BTW
:wave:Welcome to TechSpot:wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/another-faulty-lexmark-x73.29663/
Relevancy 33.97%

Ive got a radeon 9800 pro off my friend. Im guessing its faulty cos the screen goes all distorted. Look at the pic:

Is there any way to fix a problem like this?

And secondly ive got a 9500 pro. In device manager it says "radeon 9500 pro/ 9700. And in rivatuner it tell me i have the 256bit R300 with 8 pipelines. The core is clocked at 263 and memory is 562. What do i have?? Im using the omega 2.6.25 drivers by the way.

And lastly how would the 9500 pro compare to a geforce 6200a, the one with a 64bit memory interface.

Thanks.

A:Faulty 9800 pro?

Looks like the 9800 is bad. You also lucked out and got a 9500 Pro with a 9700 core. You can use soft modded drivers and turn the card into a 9700. Check here http://www.techpowerup.com/. The 6200 is crap and the ones with 64bit memory are royal crap.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/faulty-9800-pro.28237/
Relevancy 33.54%

if My comp Spots Working at 50c is something faulty

Ever time my comptuers get up tocr 48-50 its stops working. Leaves games james and even blue screen......................

I have a abit nfs ata155 morthere board with:
Amd 2600+
120gig sata hard drive
512 kingstone ram
128mg Ati Radoen 9600 xt

Some plz help

If something is faulty :suspiciou

A:if My comp Spots Working at 50c is something faulty

if your comp is overclocked in any way, turn it off. you could try getting better cooling fans, take the side of your case and leave it off, get an external fan, etc.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/if-my-comp-spots-working-at-50c-is-something-faulty.22911/
Relevancy 33.97%

Hi :wave:

Right, here we go.
I have 2 optical drives D: DVD Rom E: CD/RW both of them don't work. The trays come out.... they go back in... but the PC tells me there is no disc in the drive(s). I've checked drivers etc but everything comes up OK.
Now to the strange stuff. A week ago my PC PSU started rattling then one evening an almighty clatter and my PSU unit got very hot. I yanked the power cord out, gave it a while and on start up everything was OK. Could the PSU fault cause my Optical problems? Help Me !! PPPLLLlleasee help me!! :hotouch:
Thanks for any help

A:Faulty CD Drives

Yes it could.

Try your drives in another computer just in case.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/faulty-cd-drives.22515/
Relevancy 33.54%

I have had an advent PC for just over a year now and it has never given me any problems until now. The PC has 2 headphone jacks, one at the back and an extra easy acces one at the front. As well as having some desktop speakers attached to the rear jack, I often use the front jack to connect headphones or my hi-fi. Recently i realised that the front jack was not funtioning properly and sound was only coming from one side of my headphones. Today, i tried listening to some music from my ordinary speakers and it plays very quietly. I know that the front jack is prioritised over the rear one and am certain that the problem lies here. Is there some way of disabling a headphone jack, and would it work if i just removed it.

Please help

A:HELP, i need my music! faulty headphone jack

I doubt the jack would work any better if you removed it..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-i-need-my-music-faulty-headphone-jack.18517/
Relevancy 33.97%

Hi guys My friend brought over his pc an ECS K SEM with ghz Athlon and ram running xp Everything has worked fine since being built over years ago A few days ago he started running into major trouble The computer continually runs into bad pool caller or other BSOD s although many times it just reboots itself before even getting past the XP loading screen It will do the same in safe mode Now i have tried everything testing ram power supply video card cables hard drive Faulty? Cache L1 i even tried putting a different hard drive and trying to install windows xp and it reboots or freezes at the first screen where you can do repair new install etc Then i decided to upgrade BIOS no help Now here s the strange part i disabled the L cpu cache and it will boot normally into windows and will navigate and stay on as long as i ve allowed it although slow as molasses in january is an understatement totally not useable in this state However does this mean that the processor or it s L cache could be faulty I should mention that when i did boot up with L cache off it came up with a LSA shell export version error and later that it recovered from a L1 Cache Faulty? serious L1 Cache Faulty? error on nov the same time he started having trouble He has SP and had been up to date with updates and virus definitions Any info is appreciated this one is proving to be a tough one for me nbsp

A:L1 Cache Faulty?

It is possible you have a bad CPU. I would suggest getting another socket A cpu of any time just to test with, if you can.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/l1-cache-faulty.16658/
Relevancy 33.54%

Hi My card has just broke I think I ve been having a lot of trouble with my Hercules D Prophet RADEON PRO MB Every time I start a game and sometimes in Windows I get artifacts on the screen It is hard to describe them but bassically it looks sometimes like a chess board or vertical lines or magic pictures At first I thought it was the drivers so I got the latest ones Faulty 9700 RADEON PROs?? and it still does it I ve even tried some older drivers that Faulty RADEON 9700 PROs?? I had since before the problems started they Faulty RADEON 9700 PROs?? made no difference I got to the point of reinstalling Windows since nothing would work That didn t help I ve even turned the heating Faulty RADEON 9700 PROs?? off one day thinking that it was overheating for some reason and opened the case and still the same problems I ve looked up the issue on the internet in search engines and found message boards with a lot of other people are having the exact same problem Some say it s some kind of inherent defect with the memory This problem isn t limited to the Hercules brand I ve seen complaints from almost all the other brands It could be worse apparently Sapphire card users are totaly enraged at Sapphire because they won t reply to their emails Probaby overwhelmed http www sapphiretech com forum pop printer friendly asp TOPIC ID Mine lasted well over a year others only a few months A friend s cousin also has a Hercules PRO and he s got the same problem just under one year of use I think it s hardware related but I m willing to bet that maybe some of the later drivers perhaps made more use of the piece of hardware than the older drivers did perhaps increasing the chance of failiure That might explain the sudden problems Or maybe it was kept quiet at the start Don t know Then again I ve been overclocking mine ever since I ve got it so I m willing to bet big money that it didn t help I ve looked in the manual and no applicable advice there apart from the year warranty and returning the product I ve already contacted www hercules-uk com and alerted them of the situation Now awaiting a reply IMO the Hercules is the best PRO that s why I bought it hehe so as long as Hercules do their bit to replace it I won t be anoyed with them Time will tell suspiciou I wanted to post this just to alert people and for some advice nbsp

A:Faulty RADEON 9700 PROs??

An issue such as that surprises me (that its not a one-off). If Hercules replace the card they are a true company

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/faulty-radeon-9700-pros.10607/
Relevancy 33.54%

Hi guys I need a bit of advice I have been working with PCs for several years now and some of that in a hardware support role but this one has stumped me I have a Athlon MSI KT Ultra Mobo W PSU Gb RAM Gb Hard Disk Geforce and Soundblaster Live and the advice buy I need Mobo or Faulty before CPU usual otehr PC Gubbins I built the machine about months ago and everything was fine However two problems have started to show Faulty Mobo or CPU need advice before I buy The first is that I started to get IRQ NOT LESS THAN OR EQUAL errors with the obvious BSOD that goes with it this happened during gameplay sometimes but always on shutdown or if I booted from the Win XP CD I found that if I downclocked the FSB to MHz making my CPU a then it all works ok So I figured it must be the RAM so I changed it but the same errors started when I bumped the FSB back up to MHz I have also since tried removing and or changing every component but no diffrence I did however read that MSI has problems with the AGP port and the FSB when running at MHz so I therefore think it must be the mobo To confirm this I started getting a keyboard or mouse is not connected error on boot so I had to restart it to get past the POST screen again I thought Mobo but I changed the PSU back to the one that came with the case and that error dissapeared but again couldnt run the FSB at MHz So in conclusion should I get a new Mobo or CPU or what do you guys think Cheers Magnus nbsp

A:Faulty Mobo or CPU need advice before I buy

that IRQL thing is supposed to be a IRQ conflict issue, or that you have bad drivers or hardware. I got a similar screen on my DFI Lanparty Ultra II A and it went away after disabling all onboard devices and doing a clean reinstall. after the reinstall, i enabled everything that i use again, and it detected it fine and runs great.

I'm not sure how your hard drive is configured, or if you have capability of backing up your data and the patience to do so, but if you could, i would reinstall. Maybe someone else has a more immediate fix, i'm not sure...

did you update your bios to the latest revision?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/faulty-mobo-or-cpu-need-advice-before-i-buy.10387/
Relevancy 33.97%

I built a new computer weeks ago and faulty of symptoms are What CPU? it ran perfectly for weeks Then crashed while playing MOH Problems started after that so I thought that corrupted the OS so I did a clean install of everything Didnt help All games freeze after about minutes of play I keep getting blue screen- quot windows has shut down to prevent damage to your computer quot page What are symptoms of faulty CPU? fault errors and lock ups It happens What are symptoms of faulty CPU? in every program even just from clicking on an icon and had a few random reboots Ive replaced every piece of hardware including PS and done OS installs with and without updates service packs and different driver configurations It happens when OC s or default settings Temps are normal - F Now Im down to the mobo or processor Had the processor since may and never had a problem But mob is a referb from Newegg that was supposedly inspected by the manufacturer Im going to see if Biostar will replace it If not Im getting an Abit Thanks nbsp

A:What are symptoms of faulty CPU?

That can happen from OCing. Some people might use an OCed CPU for years, sometimes it won't last weeks. You accepted the risks when you started OCing.

What you need to do is run some Burn-in tests such as Memtest or AIDA16 for a long while & see if you get any errors.

It could also be a HDD just waiting to fail & loose your Data.

What temps are you getting BTW ? ( CPU, system, HDD, etc )

PS. In case you don't feel like doing separate bootdisks for each utility, download UltimateBootCD, AIDA16 & Memtest86 are on it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-are-symptoms-of-faulty-cpu.9278/
Relevancy 33.54%

Ive got a 300 watt antec power supply powering my dvd player, cd burner, floppy, 3 case fans and my rad 9700. Is this not enough?? Recently my computer has starting acting weird.... shutting off when clicking certain icons, thats stopped after a format. But now when i play certain games it hangs there and then reboots harsh... How big of a psu should i get and where the best deals are at??
thanks,
franklinz

A:power supply faulty??

Is this PSU in addition to another one that powers the rest of the system? I assume so since you left out several components in the details. How is it connected with respect to the other? What is the full configuration of the system; mobo, cpu, RAM, HDDs, etc.. and what is the power rating of the other PSU if there is one?What OS are you running?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/power-supply-faulty.3316/
Relevancy 28.81%

I ask because I think that s what s behind my computer powering itself off from the main desktop today Order of events - Go to turn on my computer sees its not powering on after pressing the button - No problem this has happened before but not for a few months Reaches back and pushes the power cable back power cause to a power compter cord faulty a Can down at random? in move the wire a little until I can turn the PC on -Pc turns on Clicks the proper user desktop appears nothing unusual - Walks away for about ish seconds comes back to see the computer powered off with the monitor saying what it usually does when I manually power down the PC - I turn if back on and it s been working for the past hour Nothing in the event viewer no mini dumps Already set to not auto reboot on BSOD I just want to first see if the events that happened can possibly likely be the cause of said power cord before I go any deeper to figure out the cause of the reboot If there is anything you need to know or which I should check because it probably wasn t the power cord giving my PC the power it needs please don t hesitate to post nbsp

A:Can a faulty power cord cause a compter to power down at random?

If the desktop computer's power cord was conically loose, an electric spark between the power cord and the power supply, could have eventually damaged the power supply or even the motherboard...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-a-faulty-power-cord-cause-a-compter-to-power-down-at-random.205658/
Relevancy 34.4%

:wave: First time here. hello, guy's my name is alex.

I have a dell and i installed a 1 tb hd and then tried to boot, but no sound. And the cpu fan would turn for 2 sec's and shut off, the monitor would start to come on but shut off. I checked all connections and only removed hd. well found someone on craigslist that checked it for me and said it was the processor?
could that be true?
And also on a different pc, is it bad to have a cpu on a motherboard that is to fast. this guy said the cpu is to fast for it. Any comments would be appreciated.

Thank You all. alex from council bluffs, iowa..

A:Faulty PC

It would be very, very helpful if you could give us the hardware specs including make and model. How old is this system? Can your motherboard handle a TB harddrive, particularly the BIOS?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/faulty-pc.159037/
Relevancy 33.54%

Hi all, after searching Google I came upon this site and it seems wonderful especially for fixing computer issues. Anyway, about a day ago and several times after my computer has blue screened. It happened too fast the first few times for me to understand what was happening, but I read a bit of it before it restarted and it said it had to do with faulty drivers. What program, or what should I do to eliminate or restore these drivers so my computer doesn't blue screen? I checked the event log but I couldn't understand it, I'm relatively not that good at understanding computers. I can provide you guys with the event logs if you'd like, just let me know how. (also the blue screen happens seemingly randomly)

A:BSOD, apparently due to faulty drivers

Are there any minidumps to post? Go to C:\Windows/minidumps and see if you find any files with a .dmp extension. Select them all, right-click and send them to a compressed zipped folder. Upload this folder here. What is this computers make and model? What version of Windows are you running?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-apparently-due-to-faulty-drivers.182407/
Relevancy 33.54%

I run LogMeIn software and last night it required an update to an active-x driver or so it said I permitted the download and installation but I wrongly refused to allow the immediate reboot I know but I was busy with something else and the option to reboot later was offered Now on bootup I get blue screen session initialization failed F Same on safe mode boot as well unfortunately I can boot with UBCD WIN a driver able Can boot? being eliminate without I faulty to CD and so I can to a greater or lesser extent poke around on my system My question is if I can identify which new driver vxd was just installed is there a way I Can I eliminate a faulty driver without being able to boot? can remove that driver from the bootup sequence so my system can boot at all and then reinstall it correctly Or is my best bet to manually roll back the registry files to a working date In the ultimate situation I have a drive image from quite recently so am reasonably happy to try quick-fixes before the nuclear option nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-i-eliminate-a-faulty-driver-without-being-able-to-boot.181770/
Relevancy 33.11%

Hello all Does anyone know what this following error code means I m guessing it s some kind of hardware failure but I BSOD but faulty wire started 7 a Windows after can t figure out what I bought a new western digital caviar black TB hard drive installed it with Sata cables and installed Windows ultimate on it and it worked fine for a couple of days All of a sudden today I get this error I should mention that the reason why I decided Windows 7 BSOD started after a faulty wire but to replace the hard drive is because my other hard drive s were fine until one of their sata cable broke in half and even tho I replaced the Windows 7 BSOD started after a faulty wire but sata cables on those drives they still won t boot and would cause BSOD s So I decided to buy a new drive and new cables and try it So could someone please help me I m so confused and don t know what to do here Thanks so much Technical information Stop x x xFFFFFA B E X B X F nbsp

A:Windows 7 BSOD started after a faulty wire but

"were fine until one of their sata cable broke in half"...
Was this on the SATA cable or with the SATA connector on the motherboard. Was the power on when it broke?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-7-bsod-started-after-a-faulty-wire-but.179858/
Relevancy 33.54%

I suppose it goes here

After downloading some stuff on kazza the other night on a few bands i noticed that one pic was weird. It wouldn't open, since then I haven't been able to delete it or get rid of it. I've tried everything and always says it's being used by another program. The file format is .png (Adobe) and it freezes kazza and i think, as it hasn't happened before, that it also freezes some of my windows

I've tried shutting down all non vital programs in task manager but it still says it's being used. Anyone know a way I can sorta muscle in on the other program so i can delete it? kinda like isolate it.

It's just a pain more than anything and it's the thing of you never know what it's doing

Thanks
Kinesis

A:Is this a virus or faulty file?

are you sure it is really .png and not a trick file like .png.exe or .png.lnk? It could be a virus/trojan. Do you have decent anti-virus software installed?

How big is it? If it is huge or corrupt, then it may be just Explorer trying to (uselessly) extract image info/generate preview that is putting the computer to a crawl. If it is a problem with explorer, then you trigger the problem by selecting the file making it "in use" by explorer itself. Delete it from command line or selecting it with keyboard in explorer.

Heh, i read up on PNG and discovered your question in their FAQ..
http://www.libpng.org/pub/png/pngfaq.html#cantdelete

BTW .png is not an Adobe standard.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-this-a-virus-or-faulty-file.9618/
Relevancy 33.54%

Am i in the right forum? just wondering if anyone can help. My internet connection is faulty. Whenever I connect, it disconnects minutes later.
My OS is Windows XP and have BT Voyager 105 USB ADSL modem. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

A:Faulty Internet connection

Hm.... Is the modem disconnecting on its own or is something from your computer sending a signal to disconnect?

First off, I'd try using a different computer on it (if possible)

Or try getting a replacement modem.

I guess we might be able to help if we had more information.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/faulty-internet-connection.51351/
Relevancy 33.54%

Am i in the right forum? just wondering if anyone can help. My internet connection is faulty. Whenever I connect, it disconnects minutes later.
My OS is Windows XP and have BT Voyager 105 USB ADSL modem. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

A:Faulty Internet connection

Hm.... Is the modem disconnecting on its own or is something from your computer sending a signal to disconnect?

First off, I'd try using a different computer on it (if possible)

Or try getting a replacement modem.

I guess we might be able to help if we had more information.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/faulty-internet-connection.51351/
Relevancy 33.54%

I am getting frequent BSODs lately and my computer restarts randomly. I suspect its the net adapter, cause when I remove it, it doesn't happen. I bought a new one, replaced it, but the old one is still listed in Devices. I can't uninstall it, so I disabled it.
Here is the dump file I got from the BSOD. I need help to determine if its really a problem with the net adapter, not with something else. Thank You.

A:Can a faulty net adapter cause BSOD?

The crash dump does not point towards the net adapter or its driver but the D1 error code usually relates to a faulty/corrupt driver.

What is the problem with uninstalling the old driver, that is usually fairly straightforward.

Are you still getting BSOD's with the new adapter installed?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-a-faulty-net-adapter-cause-bsod.173377/
Relevancy 33.54%

my system specs are Asus p QL motherboard Intel core quad q Nvidia geforce gt graphics card gb ddr ram anyway my system randomly crashes and sometimes goes into the BSOD i have the crash dumps saved but not sure how to paste them here but seems like i might have a fault USB driver even though i uninstalled most of my usb drivers - - dmp PFN LIST CORRUPT x e x x b x x b ntkrnlpa exe ntkrnlpa exe dcdfc NT Kernel amp System Microsoft Windows Operating System Microsoft Corporation win gdr - -bit ntkrnlpa exe dcdfc ntkrnlpa exe e c ntkrnlpa exe b bc ntkrnlpa exe b fe C Windows Minidump - - dmp Click to expand - - dmp IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL x a x da x x x eb nvlddmkm sys nvlddmkm sys e NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver Version NVIDIA Windows Kernel faulty BSOD driver? usb Mode Driver Version NVIDIA Corporation -bit ntkrnlpa exe b ntkrnlpa exe ntkrnlpa exe f ntkrnlpa exe C Windows Minidump - - dmp Click to expand - - dmp DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL x BSOD faulty usb driver? d x x BSOD faulty usb driver? x x ba dxgmms sys dxgmms sys DirectX Graphics MMS Microsoft Windows Operating System Microsoft Corporation win rtm - -bit ntkrnlpa exe b dxgmms sys dxgmms sys a dxgmms sys b c C Windows Minidump - - dmp Click to expand - - dmp DRIVER VERIFIER DETECTED VIOLATION x c x x x dd b x ntkrnlpa exe ntkrnlpa exe dcdfc NT Kernel amp System Microsoft Windows Operating System Microsoft Corporation win gdr - -bit ntkrnlpa exe dcdfc ntkrnlpa exe ffd tcpip sys cee ndis sys d C Windows Minidump - - dmp Click to expand nbsp

A:BSOD faulty usb driver?

Looks like a Nvidia video driver fault to me... What version of Windows are you running?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-faulty-usb-driver.173144/
Relevancy 33.54%

Hey Device Driver Faulty I m about to address my Faulty Device Driver first problem which I didn t manage to solve on my own This forum has helped me over the years and the amazing thing is that I wasn t even a member then But anyways here is my problem Basically it started to happen a month ago My computer would randomly restart itself without any warning mostly when playing games It would restart normally and then would come with a windows message saying that quot The system has recovered from a serious error quot bla di bla bla you know the score At first I didn t bother to do nothin as my computer never restarted when used normally it only did it durin playin games But last week it restarted itself when i was just listenin to some music on winamp and chatting on msn This annoyed me so I decided to send the error report to Microsft The report suggested that it was caused by a faulty device driver That was the only helpful thing about the report Using that suggestion I researched the internet and came across a program quot verifier quot It helped me find the name of the driver I did that because at first I thought it was my video or sound card causing the problem and i reinstalled the latest versions of those and updated my Direct X to version c So anyway the verifier displayed this message when it found the faulty driver quot Io System verification error in NDIS sys WDM Driver NDIS sys at BA D quot I looked around the internet for a solution because at the time this was happening I was running my windows on SP one topic on Microsoft forum suggested that updating to SP may solve the problem but unfortunately it didn t However i also found this website which a guy was having the same problem He managed to fix it by copying the file quot NDIS sys quot from another computer running on SP He did so by renaming the original and replacing it with the new one from the other computer So the reason for my long boring post sorry is to ask for other ideas and whether if i should do the same Basically anything to solve this annoying problem My system spec s are available to see so please help me I m terribly sorry for posting such a long post i just wanted to give as much info as possible as I do not want to ruin my computer Thank you for your time Regards Nav nbsp

A:Faulty Device Driver

Can you tell us what error code(s) were displayed when it blue screened like 0x0000000050 as an example? NDIS.sys is a Windows core driver and it doesn't really tell us much

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/faulty-device-driver.105912/
Relevancy 33.11%

hiya,

putting this way,half a year ago when i took my cpu back to the shop for servicing - they claimed that there was something wrong with my mobo and have to sent back to factory for warrenty (repairing) and till today i m doubt something wrong with it after getting back from them....

is there any software or programe to check the mobo or graphic card's condition?

thanks

edit: i think i put in a wrong section and if it is, i m really sorry coz i m just new to here

A:how to check faulty mobo & graphic card?

You can test RAM with memtest 86+
A motherboard is difficult to diagnose at home. If something isn't working and you suspect hardware, you swap parts until you isolate the broken item.
What did they say was wrong?

Please don't apologize when posting - it's annoying.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-check-faulty-mobo-graphic-card.79402/
Relevancy 33.54%

hi
Can somebody help me find whats causing the bsod? I finally gave up a few days ago thinking it was software related, but reinstalled OS completely and getting it even if it is a fresh system. removed 2 memory stick at a time, thinking its memeory fault, ran MS memory test without problem and I still get random bsod:s. I get it even if the computer is idle! The bsod doesn't look the same (to me!!) and I was hoping somebody could help me out.

attatching 2 outputs from bsod and a PSTAT.exe output as well hoping u guys can help me track down the problem..

Regards

//Lasse

A:help finding faulty driver in bsod

Go HERE and follow the instructions.

If that doesn`t help. Zip 5 or 6 of your latest minidumps together, and attach them here.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-finding-faulty-driver-in-bsod.43377/
Relevancy 32.68%

Hi all Last week i built my new case with all the online reboots, minidumps driver faulty device same hardware plus a new WD Raptor harddrive which now functions as system disk I installed the software as I always did cuz i never had BSOD problems in the past My OS is Windows XP Pro SP with all updates and I used all the same drivers that i always used Except for the ATI driver cuz there was a newer version faulty device driver reboots, minidumps online available which i downloaded and faulty device driver reboots, minidumps online installed Then i got the reboot problems related to a faulty device driver but the error message wouldn t tell me which device driver So i thought i must ve messed up somewhere and i did a fresh install again But the problem persisted After installing the latest Java Runtime i got my system in a boot loop and with System Recovery i determined that the Silicon Image faulty device driver reboots, minidumps online Raid controller was causing the boot loop Since i don t use that i disabled it in BIOS removed the driver and the boot loop was gone But unfortunatley the device driver reboots kept coming every now and then I removed the new ATI graphics driver Catalyst with the one i was using before Catalyst No luck still reboots now and then Additional info My former system disk a Maxtor gb SATA has a few bad blocks and when formatted it gave a lot of error entries in my system log But it never gave me reboot issues when i was using it as system disk It was just noisy now and then but it works It s now one of my data disks And since the information from the Microsoft error report tells me it s a device driver problem i doubt that it s the cause of the reboots So could someone please analyze my minidumps for me to determine which device driver is causing the trouble please I have already made debuglog txt files as described in another thread to make it easier for u experts and in the filenames i added the system log event id s and error code for that minidump There s minidump for the Silicon Image Raid Controller driver error fixed that but just for additional info file with my system specs and minidumps from the device driver errors that i m still having You can find the files HERE Please help i would really appreciate it nbsp

A:faulty device driver reboots, minidumps online

Your minidumps are crashing at regspy.sys. This is one of your Bitdefender drivers.

Take a look HERE at a possible solution.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/faulty-device-driver-reboots-minidumps-online.38558/
Relevancy 33.54%

Basically just pressing right click repeatedly on the desktop to bring up the context menu will increase the usage from explorer.exe permanently which is very weird, this does not happen on my laptop. (which is not updated)

Oh never mind looks like this might an nvidia bug... damn strange

https://forums.geforce.com/default/t...of-ram-memory/

A:Need help pinpointing faulty windows update.

Hi,
I haven't seen any issues with the new driver 355.60

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/378999-need-help-pinpointing-faulty-windows-update.html
Relevancy 33.54%

I was trying to update my GPU driver(from Compaq NY461AA-ABA CQ5107c Drivers Download for Windows 7, 8.1, 8, Vista, XP) and everything went fine till it finished, where the resolution blew up. After a bit of tinkering , I figured I could go into one of my games and fix it there, as the slider was limited to for choices on the control panel. Then I learned that Directx was missing one of its files and League of Legends couldn't be played(can't be reproduced, it just freezes when I start it up now). And I feel like I tried everything. I used SFc, updated the Directx mutiple times(in which it said it was already at the highest upgrade available), End User Runtime, your troubleshooting for games system restore, running my Malwarebytes program, resetting the computer etc etc. And I can't reinstall Windows 7 because I don't have the original CD, so I'd love if you guys got anything else

A:Directx seems to be broken after a faulty installation

Well, you seem to have already done what I would suggest.

Run the portable version of Tweaking.com - Windows Repair as admin in Safe Mode with Networking and repair with default options.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/375757-directx-seems-broken-after-faulty-installation.html
Relevancy 32.25%

In opening chrome today I slow DNS Faulty Server Internet startup, and error Changed ve had errors in which my internet icon flickers on and off It is connected to the internet but it s slower than usual and sometimes it just disconnects and reconnects on its own The disk cleanup has done the best results but my internet still shows the quot DNS Network changed quot error at times It used to disconnect so badly that it would say I had no internet connection at all I m not sure if its malware or a virus or if my USB internet adapter is finally giving itself out and I have to buy a new one But if it isn t a virus and it s just my usb adapter then let me know Edit As of today August th my internet has returned but slow but my startup is still laggy I also forgot to mention that my internet connection was working fine on my father s and brother Faulty Internet and slow startup, DNS Server Changed error s laptop and I was the only one with connectivity issues which is why I was unsure what was causing the problem System Info Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i Faulty Internet and slow startup, DNS Server Changed error CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R HD Faulty Internet and slow startup, DNS Server Changed error Graphics - Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc C KJT Antivirus McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware Updated and Enabled Hijackthis log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v CHROME Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x Dell DataSafe Local Backup TOASTER EXE C Program Files x Dell DataSafe Local Backup COMPONENTS SCHEDULER STSERVICE EXE C Program Files x Dell DataSafe Local Backup Components DSUpdate DSUpd exe C Program Files x Skype Phone Skype exe C Program Files x Multimedia Card Reader ShwiconXP exe C Program Files x Dell DataSafe Online DataSafeOnline exe C Program Files x Roxio Roxio Burn RoxioBurnLauncher exe C Program Files x Logitech LWS Webcam Software LWS exe C Program Files x HP HP Software Update hpwuschd exe C Program Files x Logitech LWS Webcam Software CameraHelperShell exe C Program Files x Common Files Logishrd LQCVFX COCIManager exe C Users Alexis AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Alexis AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Alexis AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Alexis AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Windows SysWOW cmd exe C Program Files x McAfee SiteAdvisor McChHost exe C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office WINWORD EXE C Users Alexis AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Alexis Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http tumblr com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink p LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink p LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook McAfee SiteAdvisor Toolbar - EBBBE -BAD - B C- E A- ABECAE - c PROGRA mcafee SITEAD mcieplg dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files x Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - HKLM Run ShwiconXP C Program Files x Multimedia C... Read more

A:Faulty Internet and slow startup, DNS Server Changed error

Hello and welcome to TSG,

My screen name is kevinf80, either that or Kevin is good for replies. Ok lets continue:

Change the download folder setting in the default Browser so all tools we may use are saved to the Desktop:

Google Chrome - Click the "Customize and control Google Chrome" button in the upper right-corner of the browser.
Choose Settings. at the bottom of the screen click the
"Show advanced settings..." link. Scroll down to find the Downloads section and click the Change... button. Select your desktop and click OK.

Mozilla Firefox - Click the "Open Menu" button in the upper right-corner of the browser. Choose Options. In the downloads section, click the Browse button, click on the Desktop folder and the click the "Select Folder" button. Click OK to get out of the Options menu.

Internet Explorer - Click the Tools menu in the upper right-corner of the browser. Select View downloads. Select the Options link in the lower left of the window. Click Browse and select the Desktop and then choose the Select Folder button. Click OK to get out of the download options screen and then click Close to get out of the View Downloads screen.
NOTE: IE8 Does not support changing download locations in this manner. You will need to download the tool(s) to the default folder, usually Downloads, then copy them to the desktop.

Next,

Follow the instructions in the following link to show hidden files:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/how-to-see-hidden-files-in-windows/

Next,

Please open Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
On the Settings tab > Detection and Protection sub tab, Detection Options, tick the box "Scan for rootkits".
Under Non-Malware Protection sub tab Change PUP and PUM entries to Treat detections as Malware
Click on the Scan tab, then click on Scan Now >> . If an update is available, click the Update Now button.
A Threat Scan will begin.
With some infections, you may or may not see this message box.

'Could not load DDA driver'

Click 'Yes' to this message, to allow the driver to load after a restart.
Allow the computer to restart. Continue with the rest of these instructions.
When the scan is complete, click Apply Actions.
Wait for the prompt to restart the computer to appear, then click on Yes.
After the restart once you are back at your desktop, open MBAM once more.

To get the log from Malwarebytes do the following:
Click on the History tab > Application Logs.
Double click on the scan log which shows the Date and time of the scan just performed.
Click Export > From export you have three options:

Copy to Clipboard - if seleted right click to your reply and select "Paste" log will be pasted to your reply
Text file (*.txt) - if selected you will have to name the file and save to a place of choice, recommend "Desktop" then attach to reply
XML file (*.xml) - if selected you will have to name the file and save to a place of choice, recommend "Desktop" then attach to reply

Recommend you use "Copy to Clipboard, then Right click to your reply > select "Paste" that will copy the log to your reply
If Malwarebytes is not installed follow these instructions first:

Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware to your desktop.

Double-click mbam-setup and follow the prompts to install the program.
At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to the following:
Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
A 14 day trial of the Premium features is pre-selected. You may deselect this if you wish, and it will not diminish the scanning and removal capabilities of the program.
Click Finish. Follow the instructions above....

Next,

Download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system (32 bit or 64 bit). If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them. Only one of the... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/faulty-internet-and-slow-startup-dns-server-changed-error.1153242/
Relevancy 31.82%

Hello for the past few years my computer driver help computer Random says error Blue and crashes - faulty Screen - Please Windows Premium crashes randomly The blue screen appears When I restart it everything seems fine but then it crashes again The data dump refers to a faulty device driver Please help - Random Blue Screen and computer crashes - error says faulty driver I opened Device Manager and all of the drivers Please help - Random Blue Screen and computer crashes - error says faulty driver seem fine I am not sure what to do and do not want to start trying to clean this up on my own Any help to resolve this issue is greatly appreciated The last time my computer crashed windows gave me this little error box on restarting The details are as follows- Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode d BCP FFFFF A BCP BCP BCP FFFFF E OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users Squayo AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml Read our privacy statement online http go microsoft com fwlink linkid amp clcid x If the online privacy statement is not available please read our privacy statement offline C Windows system en-US erofflps txt Thank you and have a nice day

A:Please help - Random Blue Screen and computer crashes - error says faulty driver

Did you recently install any windows updates? If so, their optional driver suggestions could have been crappy. I've seen issues where the wireless stops working if you download their optional drivers for it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/555533/please-help-random-blue-screen-and-computer-crashes-error-says-faulty-driver/
Relevancy 32.68%

Windows Vista Home Basic SP 2
eMachines ET 1161-05
AMD Athlon LE-1640 2.7Ghz

Computer powers on, but does not boot. Not even the boot screen where you can choose booting options or access the BIOS. It does boot sometimes if I unplug the hardrive, and do odd maneuvers to plug it back in, switch SATA ports, swap cables with the CD tray or restart it a lot of times. But it is getting increasingly difficult to make it boot.

I read some other threads that said to take a small battery out, or swap the memory to another slot, but I want to make sure this applies to my case first before I try anything.

Please advice, thank you.

A:Problems booting computer, faulty hardware suspected

You can download the User Guide and scroll to the Troubleshooting section.I would take a look at page 37 first.Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/425512/problems-booting-computer-faulty-hardware-suspected/
Relevancy 32.68%

I m not sure whether to system restore or fight to try and issues Slow Faulty, laptop, Audio multiple fix my laptop but here are the problems that I am aware of - Recently the audio turns off randomly USUALLY Slow laptop, Audio Faulty, multiple issues it turns off if I turn up the volume on Slow laptop, Audio Faulty, multiple issues the computer - The laptop has been getting progressively slower over the years - Slow laptop, Audio Faulty, multiple issues The Icon Tray at the bottom near the clock is broken when I click the little arrow to expand it takes about seconds to load and then pops up as a huge white empty box It takes a good few minutes for the box to close if I click on another window and the whole computer freezes up during that time - When I go to quot Folder Options quot and then go to quot View quot the icon for quot Files and Folders quot is a black square and where quot Hidden files and folders quot is there is another black box next to that with the two options listed in caps lock quot NOHIDDEN quot and quot SHOWALL quot Both of which are un-ticked and cannot be ticked I can provide pictures for any of these claims if that helps I m not the best at articulation Over the years I ve tried various methods to fix problems that I just pick up from the internet when others get help I ve never actually sought help that applies directly to me Here are my FRST and Addition logs FRST Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST x Version - - Ran by Hero administrator on KAPPELLAJ - - Running from C Users admin Desktop Loaded Profiles Hero Available Profiles Hero amp Administrator Platform Windows Enterprise Service Pack X Language English United States Internet Explorer Version Default browser Chrome Boot Mode Normal Tutorial for Farbar Recovery Scan Tool http www geekstogo com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Processes Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the process will be closed The file will not be moved AuthenTec Inc C Program Files Fingerprint Sensor ATService exe Softex Inc C Program Files Softex OmniPass OmniServ exe Wacom Technology Corp C Program Files Tablet ISD ISD TouchService exe Wacom Technology Inc C Program Files Tablet CalibrationAssistant exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System wlanext exe Apple Inc C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe Apple Inc C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe Broadcom Corporation C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software btwdins exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files x Skype Toolbars AutoUpdate SkypeC CAutoUpdateSvc exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files x Skype Toolbars PNRSvc SkypeC CPNRSvc exe Intel R Corporation C Program Files Intel WiFi bin EvtEng exe FUJITSU LIMITED C Program Files Fujitsu FUJ E FUJ E exe O Micro International C Windows System drivers o flash exe C Program Files x Razer Razer Services GSS GameScannerService exe Intel R Corporation C Program Files Common Files Intel WirelessCommon RegSrvc exe Wacom Technology Corp C Program Files Tablet ISD ISD Tablet exe Microsoft Corp C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE Microsoft Corp C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVCM EXE Microsoft Corporation C Windows System wisptis exe Intel Corporation C Program Files x Intel Intel R Management Engine Components LMS LMS exe Intel Corporation C Program Files x Intel Intel R Management Engine Components UNS UNS exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System wisptis exe Wacom Technology Corp C Program Files Tablet ISD ISD TabletUser exe Wacom Technology Corp C Program Files Tablet ISD ISD Tablet exe FUJITSU LIMITED C Program Files Fujitsu SSUtility FJSSDMN exe C Windows snuvcdsm exe Sonix C Windows vsnp uvc exe Realtek Semiconductor C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVCpl exe Intel Corporation C Windows System igfxpers exe Softex Inc C Program Files Softex OmniPass scureapp exe FUJITSU LIMITED C Program Files F... Read more

A:Slow laptop, Audio Faulty, multiple issues

==================== One Month Created files and folders ========

(If an entry is included in the fixlist, the file/folder will be moved.)

2015-08-28 21:23 - 2015-08-28 21:24 - 00025617 _____ C:\Users\admin\Desktop\FRST.txt
2015-08-28 21:22 - 2015-08-28 21:23 - 00000000 ____D C:\FRST
2015-08-28 21:21 - 2015-08-28 21:21 - 02186752 _____ (Farbar) C:\Users\admin\Desktop\FRST64.exe
2015-08-28 18:52 - 2015-08-28 18:52 - 00001945 _____ C:\Windows\epplauncher.mif
2015-08-28 18:46 - 2015-08-28 18:46 - 00002123 _____ C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Microsoft Security Essentials.lnk
2015-08-28 18:45 - 2015-08-28 18:46 - 00000000 ____D C:\Program Files\Microsoft Security Client
2015-08-28 18:45 - 2015-08-28 18:45 - 00000000 ____D C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Security Client
2015-08-24 12:51 - 2015-08-24 12:51 - 00000000 ____D C:\Users\admin\AppData\Roaming\com.playsaurus.heroclicker
2015-08-24 12:49 - 2015-08-24 12:49 - 00000222 _____ C:\Users\admin\Desktop\Clicker Heroes.url
2015-08-24 12:49 - 2015-08-24 12:49 - 00000000 ____D C:\Users\admin\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Steam
2015-08-24 12:45 - 2015-08-24 12:45 - 00000000 ____D C:\Users\admin\AppData\Local\Steam
2015-08-24 12:45 - 2015-08-24 12:45 - 00000000 ____D C:\Users\admin\AppData\Local\CEF
2015-08-24 12:39 - 2015-08-24 15:39 - 00000000 ____D C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam
2015-08-24 12:39 - 2015-08-24 12:39 - 00000973 _____ C:\Users\Public\Desktop\Steam.lnk
2015-08-24 12:39 - 2015-08-24 12:39 - 00000000 ____D C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Steam
2015-08-20 07:54 - 2015-08-11 02:20 - 25191936 _____ (Microsoft Corporation) C:\Windows\system32\mshtml.dll
2015-08-20 07:54 - 2015-08-11 02:14 - 02724864 _____ (Microsoft Corporation) C:\Windows\system32\mshtml.tlb
2015-08-20 07:54 - 2015-08-11 01:33 - 02724864 _____ (Microsoft Corporation) C:\Windows\SysWOW64\mshtml.tlb
2015-08-20 07:54 - 2015-08-11 01:20 - 19871232 _____ (Microsoft Corporation) C:\Windows\SysWOW64\mshtml.dll
2015-08-12 03:05 - 2015-07-30 14:13 - 00124624 _____ (Microsoft Corporation) C:\Windows\system32\PresentationCFFRasterizerNative_v0300.dll
2015-08-12 03:05 - 2015-07-30 14:13 - 00103120 _____ (Microsoft Corporation) C:\Windows\SysWOW64\PresentationCFFRasterizerNative_v0300.dll
2015-08-11 21:32 - 2015-07-21 01:39 - 00389840 _____ (Microsoft Corporation) C:\Windows\system32\iedkcs32.dll
2015-08-11 21:32 - 2015-07-21 01:12 - 00342736 _____ (Microsoft Corporation) C:\Windows\SysWOW64\iedkcs32.dll
2015-08-11 21:32 - 2015-07-16 21:54 - 00004096 _____ (Microsoft Corporation) C:\Windows\system32\ieetwcollectorres.dll
2015-08-11 21:32 - 2015-07-16 21:37 - 00066560 _____ (Microsoft Corporation) C:\Windows\system32\iesetup.dll
2015-08-11 21:32 - 2015-07-16 21:36 - 00584192 _____ (Microsoft Corporation) C:\Windows\system32\vbscript.dll
2015-08-11 21:32 - 2015-07-16 21:36 - 00417792 _____ (Microsoft Corporation) C:\Windows\system32\html.iec
2015-08-11 21:32 - 2015-07-16 21:36 - 00048640 _____ (Microsoft Corporation) C:\Windows\system32\ieetwproxystub.dll
2015-08-11 21:32 - 2015-07-16 21:35 - 02885632 _____ (Microsoft Corporation) C:\Windows\system32\iertutil.dll
2015-08-11 21:32 - 2015-07-16 21:35 - 00088064 _____ (Microsoft Corporation) C:\Windows\system32\MshtmlDac.dll
2015-08-11 21:32 - 2015-07-16 21:27 - 00054784 _____ (Microsoft Corporation) C:\Windows\system32\jsproxy.dll
2015-08-11 21:32 - 2015-07-16 21:26 - 05923328 _____ (Microsoft Corporation) C:\Windows\system32\jscript9.dll
2015-08-11 21:32 - 2015-07-16 21:26 - 00034304 _____ (Microsoft Corporation) C:\Windows\system32\iernonce.dll
2015-08-11 21:32 - 2015-07-16 21:23 - 00615936 _____ (Microsoft Corporation) C:\Windows\system32\ieui.dll
2015-08-11 21:32 - 2015-07-16 21:21 - 00816640 _____ (Microsoft Corporation) C:\Windows\system32\jscript.dll
2015-08-11 21:32 - 2015-07-16 21:21 - 00814080 _____ (Microsoft Corporation) C:\Windows\system32\jscript9diag.dll
2015-08-11 21:32 - 2015-07-16 21:21 - 001... Read more

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/slow-laptop-audio-faulty-multiple-issues.218655/
Relevancy 33.97%

I upgraded my PC and used my old components to build another PC in an old case I have Everything seemed mobo now my Is faulty? to be fine up to the point where all of a sudden my LAN controller disappeared from Windows No Is my mobo now faulty? lights are flashing on Is my mobo now faulty? the port whether it's booting up or in Windows itself As a temporary measure I installed a wireless dongle which works but after about minute into booting Windows it disappears with the usual message about the USB port being able to perform faster etc The dongle eventually comes back to life In fact I also get this with any USB device I have installed the latest drivers although can no longer with the LAN controller as it can't find it anymore I tried to reinstall the OS via USB flash drive but states a system disk error instead although this drive works fine on other PCs Not only that the monitor shows only half the screen when booting into the BIOS It does show the full screen after resetting the CMOS but reverts back to shite after a reboot Is there anything else I can try before I give it the last rites I've got a feeling I must have shorted something against the case or it had a spazzy fit when it realised it was no longer my main PC Thanks very much and hope you can help

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/383119-my-mobo-now-faulty.html
Relevancy 32.68%

system specs Seasonic watts Gigabyte Radeon HD asus A XM-A Micro ATX FM motherboard AMD a - k GhZ quad core It also says faulty driver possible amdkmdap 4101, ID GPU? display Event with R Radeon it's GhZ GB of RAM Used to have GB Description of the crash Freezes the screen for seconds turns off the monitor goes back up pop up on the task bar saying quot Display driver amdkmdap has stopped responding and has succesfully recovered quot Some games crash after that some games continue to work If this happens while chrome browser is open chrome browser will not open up the window and will stay minimized until it's process is killed Things I tried Upgrading RAM Downcloacking Uninstalling old drivers complete whipe then installing new ones Turning off every power saving feature on every device Reinstalling windows Turning off the TDR Things I haven't tried Overvoltage Can't do it because is voltage locked Switching to another GPU because I don't own another one This crash occurs during -switching from steam overlay to an actual game vice versa -after the Event ID 4101, display driver amdkmdap possible faulty GPU? game loads and gets into the main game -turning fullscreen on youtube -pausing the game from menu then resuming the game -very rarely Event ID 4101, display driver amdkmdap possible faulty GPU? while playing the actual game randomly

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/384157-event-id-4101-display-driver-amdkmdap-possible-faulty-gpu.html
Relevancy 33.97%

I have been attempting to find out if the issue with my pc not turning on is a power supply or motherboard issue, but i dont exactly know how to test what the issue is. May I please receive some guidance?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-with-faulty-component.1160339/