Windows Support Forum

CD-ROM / CD-RW drives not recognized anymore - AT ALL

Q: CD-ROM / CD-RW drives not recognized anymore - AT ALL

Hello everyone I m new here but I ve done a search here and cannot seem to find the answer to my problem s Any help is GREATLY appreciated First let me say that the computer I am having the problem on is an older Compaq / AT - ALL CD-RW anymore drives not recognized CD-ROM Presario model running the Windows upgrade from Windows I purchased from eBay and installed an HP- Internal CD-RW CD Writer drive into this system Both the original CD-ROM drive and this quot new quot CD-RW drive worked fine for several months A few months ago I installed CD-ROM / CD-RW drives not recognized anymore - AT ALL some software Cakewalk Pro Audio Acid Full Version and several plug-ins from a friend s CD that had been burned Yes this is pirated software This is when problems began occuring I know I know lecture me later I need help right now One day I booted up and a DOS message appeared before loading Windows This message stated that a new drive was recognized The specifications seemed to resemble that of my hard drive capacity of drive is around GB I had options quot Ignore quot quot Save quot and I hate to say that I do not remember the other option For several days I chose quot Ignore quot and things worked fine One day I got tired of seeing this message and I chose quot Save quot Man I wish I d never done that From this point on neither DOS nor Windows has recognized either CD drive quot My Computer quot doesn t list them at all Neither does quot Device Manager quot It s as if they never existed I m sure the drivers are still there but it doesn t know that there is hardware to go with it I ve tried manually adding new hardware but I do not have the Win CD and the drives I need are not listed otherwise I figured that since the drivers were sill there I could trick it by hitting quot Have Disk quot and using the drivers in the C WINDOWS SYSTEM DRIVERS directory Doesn t work hmmm The CD-ROM is the quot master quot and the CD-RW is the quot slave quot They are both attached to the same power cable However there seems to be no power to the original CD-ROM drive will not quot suck quot in CDs but there IS power to the CD-RW will open and close How is this possible when the power is running THROUGH the CD-ROM to the CD-RW YES I ve tried uninstalling the priated software No change YES I ve detached the power cable and reattached it Nothing YES I ve switched Slave and Master Nada HELP I m desperate I have a new computer now and it came with a USB cable and software to transfer all my old junk to my new computer but I can t install the software on the old computer with a CD drive It seems I may have to resort to uploading all my precious files to the internet and downloading them here With my phone line capability and no DSL or Cable connection available in my area I m going to have quite a project on my hands CAN YOU HELP PLEASE Thank you Jennifer PS Sorry so long it s just how I am nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: CD-ROM / CD-RW drives not recognized anymore - AT ALL

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 58.48%

I have an older Dell machine that I plan to use as a backup server for my family It has SATA HDDs IDE DVD drive IDE HDD The SATA drives are recognized in BIOS The IDE-DVD and IDE-HDD are not Interestingly when looking at the folder IDE drives not 2 recognized, recognized drives SATA 2 structure in Windows Explorer all the devices appear When looking at quot Device Manager quot all the devices appear 2 IDE drives not recognized, 2 SATA drives recognized Everything actually functions when windows boots up Trouble is when powering on the boot -screen tells me the Disk- and Disk- are missing Then waits for me to press F to continue or F to enter BIOS If if press F windows 2 IDE drives not recognized, 2 SATA drives recognized fires up and all 2 IDE drives not recognized, 2 SATA drives recognized works Trouble is I want to schedule this to wake up on its own run back ups then shut off I am learning how to do that that is not the problem Problem would be for the auto-turn-on to be stuck in the BIOS screen waiting for someone to do something That's a no-go for my intended purpose I have dillignetly gone through the quot Master Slave quot configuration of the IDE drives The IDE-DVD drive is Master with a jumper and on the end black connector of the ribbon cable The IDE-HDD is Slave no jumper and is attached to the middle grey connector I have gone into Control Panel and eventually get into quot Disk Manager quot Here I see something that is perhaps the clue but I do not know how to rectify The following is listed and or shown in the graphic panel of Disk Mgr gt Disk quot Bright Blue quot drive-name Layout Partition Type Basic this is a GB IDE HDD gt Disk quot Dark Blue quot System Layout Partition Type Basic this is a GB SATA HDD where I have Windows loaded gt Disk quot Olive-Green quot drive-name Layout Simple Type Dynamic this is a TB SATA HDD gt CD-ROM this is the DVD-RW device I have used drive-name instead of the actual name of the drives not pertinent to the problem Another computer I have that has multiple disks granted all SATA has each drive as Layout Simple and Type Basic Perhaps that is the trouble If so how to I make the corrections Thank you

A:2 IDE drives not recognized, 2 SATA drives recognized

You need to go into the Bios. The DVD cannot be Master. It has to be set as a Slave, if connected to the same PATA cable as the IDE, which would be set as Master. You could try the two on Cable Select. But you may run into problems, because of having also the two SATA units.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/55011-2-ide-drives-not-recognized-2-sata-drives-recognized.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi All I have hard drives that already have Windows installed on each My rig is a custom build so as for Motherboard I have Motherboard Gigabyte G Assassin has two GB s SATA ports and four GB s SATA ports if recognized in Desktop, network drives, Multiple all drives One not mistaken I would put eligible drives on the GB s Multiple drives, One Desktop, all drives recognized in network ports and the others on the GB s ports I know my MB is ancient now The quot new quot drives are already connected via SATA ports and both are functional but one is extremely slow and I believe it is because I didn't install them correctly Missing drivers or something not sure Here are my issues broken down I have two choices to make first is to use the quot fastest HDD quot as my primary and the other HDD's will be used as storage Second choice is to induce RAID or whichever is recommended If I go with RAID please point me to a site where I can use as a guide on how to do that correctly as I have never done that before Unless of course it is a simple process and can be explained here I just didn't want to have to go back and forth on this board while becoming a nuisance Going with the best recommendation based on above I need to resolve network recognition issues I use the WD Mycloud TB as my backup I like it because I travel a lot and I can easily use the app to pull up any document picture video etc while knowing that I don't need to pay a monthly fee to someone else However of the time when I boot up I see Could not reconnect network drives etc appear in service tray I need all drives and WD MyCloud to talk to one another on the network as apparently they are not half the time From research it seems that Microsoft acknowledges this as their own design flaw There are some with different variations of bypassing MSFT's design flaw by using scripts changing the registry or Group policies etc This is where I get lost and need help Reminder Currently all drives have Windows installed I will be conducting a clean install on all drives this weekend just to ensure My computer is getting a fresh start If not needed or I need to format them first please advise My memory is out playing somewhere else right now as I cannot recall quot what quot I need to install BEFORE I actually install the first hard drive s For starters I realize that I need to ensure the BIOS is up to date But aren't there quot Drivers quot that I need to install for SATA purposes before the HDD talks to it Or drivers other than this Otherwise the needed functionality will be lost if you don't install that first I am just reiterating what a MSFT support site mentioned but now can't remember all Sorry One last concern is that my drive letters change when I boot into my second new drive shown in attachment When I am on the primary the drive letter is C When I boot into the slave as I have configured in BIOS to be as such the drive letter for the slave is now C Also the Reserve partitions change their letters as well This has to be confusing just about every piece of software I have installed Do I need to partition these differently in order to make their drive letters stay consistent I guess if I went with a RAID configuration this wouldn't be happening Disk Management Screen Shot and Network are attached My task this weekend is to backup all data from all drives and afterwards was intending to do a clean install of Windows Professional on all drives just so I know things are starting off new and clean But the above issues or concerns need to be addressed if there is someone out there that knows what I need Thanks

A:Multiple drives, One Desktop, all drives recognized in network

I'll bite:

Why 4 Windows installations?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/357804-multiple-drives-one-desktop-all-drives-recognized-network.html
Relevancy 57.62%

My Windows 10 Home laptop will recognize all of my flash drives but won't recognize any of my external hard drives. They all use to show up but now they aren't. The hard drives show up in disk manager but won't show up in file explorer. I hooked them up to other laptops & they all show up. I've tried uninstalling drivers & reinstalling them but It hasn't worked. Any ideas?

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/66530-flash-drives-recognized-but-external-hard-drives-not.html
Relevancy 56.76%

I have a WD gb HD anymore. WD not recognized is IDE IDE HD The computer originally came with a SATA drive but that drive kicked the bucket and I got a new drive Previously after the manufacturer s logo loading screen finished a prompt would pop up saying that the disk wasn t found and press f to continue or press f for the setup utility When I pressed f it loaded my disk fine This morning I had to reinstall my OS After installing many drivers I had to restart to get the drivers to take effect Suddenly the disk would no longer WD IDE HD is not recognized anymore. load The computer wont find the disk at all I ve checked all the wiring and it all seems to be in place After the manufacturers logo screen a prompt comes up listing the types of drives SATA Primary Secondary and saying that they were not found When I press f to continue it tells me quot No boot device available Strike f to retry boot f for setup utility quot Under BIOS options the drive is quot unknown quot Does anyone know anything that I might try to get this device working again Any help would be greatly appreciated and a solution that solves my problem would make me get down on my knees and Thanks in advance nbsp

A:WD IDE HD is not recognized anymore.

Did you ever get the new HD working?

Some BIOSes don't recognise HDs above a certain capacity.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wd-ide-hd-is-not-recognized-anymore.817961/
Relevancy 56.33%

was installing windows 7 in  my wife''s 4520laptop..all was well until it rebooted, since then cannot access anymore with the cd-dvd drive.worst of all it wasn't recognized anymore at the bios setup..anyone can help me?

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/cd-dvd-drive-not-recognized-anymore/td-p/431136/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 56.33%

First I want to say that this is not a computer problem, this is the USB's problem. I've tried it under every computer I could and it just didn't recognize it anymore. This is was all of a sudden really.

Can anyone give me instructions on what to do?

I'm willing to post whatever test I need

A:USB not recognized by any computer anymore

If no computer recognises it, then the USB drive is probably dead. Such things do happen.

However, the drive might also be corrupted. To check that, type "disk management" into the search window under start menu. Click on "create or format..." If the drive shows up at all, then the drive is not dead.

To fix the file system, use Test Disk.
TestDisk Step By Step - CGSecurity

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/144641-usb-not-recognized-any-computer-anymore.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi folks I posted a couple times regarding a registry problem that I was having and got no replies so hopefully I will be more successful here with my new problems I had a brand recognized not different anymore 2 HDDs new OEM Hitachi Spinpoint GB SATAII drive that installed on my new 2 different HDDs not recognized anymore build and took XP Pro just fine Once I got it all loaded I flashed to the latest BIOS and the hard drive was 2 different HDDs not recognized anymore no longer recognizable I put it in another machine and it was not recognizable there either Did I mention that it was making an odd spinning clicking sound I RMA d it In the meantime I had another machine that has a GB partitioned in two GB for the OS and GB for data It had a corrupted registry so I reformatted the GB partition NTFS and re-installed XPP and all the apps Things were humming for a few days and then last night I burned some MP s from the GB partition onto a DVD and when I came back in the room my screen was BLACK with something like quot Disk Not Detected Please insert disk into drive or re-install disk then restart quot or the like I tossed in my XPP CD and ran prompts to get to the repair console Guess what It says there is no hard drive What is going on here with hard drives not being recognized Is that two dead drives in days There is one other clue but I am new to SATA so I cannot say if it is relevant I did have a second SATA DVD burner hooked up that I removed from the system once it seemed stable and then shortly after being removed this happened Coincidence Thanks for playing Keith nbsp

A:2 different HDDs not recognized anymore

Appreciate the help, but I figured it out on my own.

I ran Seatools on the drive twice and it cannot make it more than 6% through the Long Test before complete failure.

I yanked the drive out and ran it through the warranty checker and it is and OEM drive out of warranty.

Time for a new drive...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/2-different-hdds-not-recognized-anymore.633370/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hey guys,

it's been a while since I started using windows 10 and I must say, I haven't anything negative to say about it yet. (might also be only me and due to the stuff I do on my laptop). One thing I haven't done since I upgraded is using my headset, so I did it or to be precise, I tried.
When I plug in the headset, it's a Logitech (don't have the exact name, can't find the receipt) with one audio jack and one microphone jack, the usual Windows 10 box pops up asking me what it is: headphones, headset or speaker out. I choose headset and there starts my problem: I have sound but my microphone doesn't work. I tried and "repair" it with the proposed solutions but nothing came out..
Note: the headset worked perfectly on windows 7.

Can someone help me?

Cheers!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/603333/headset-isnt-recognized-anymore/
Relevancy 56.33%

Greetings About a week ago I bought a Maxtor not HDD recognized anymore being External Basics TB external HDD RPM MB Cache USB I have been using it on my Windows Vista Business Edition SP desktop computer without problems External HDD not being recognized anymore since However after turning off my computer and unplugging the power cord of the HDD as usual yesterday I can t get it to work again today The drive seems to be powering up alright the light on the box comes on there is a whine as the disc spins up and then I can feel a slight vibration of continued operation when I lay my hand on the box all of which are normal signs but Vista does not make that sound of plugging in a new USB device Needless to say the drive does not appear in My Computer but I have also checked Disk Management and Device Manager in Microsoft Management Console to no avail It is not listed anywhere not even as quot Unrecognized USB device quot or such Nada After experimenting with using different USB cables and power adapters and plugs I guessed that may be my PC was at fault so I have tried a Windows Vista Home Premium laptop but again with no success My hopes of laying the blame on Vista were crushed as another laptop with Windows XP Professional SP also does not recognize the drive Any hints or suggestions you may provide would be most welcome nbsp

A:External HDD not being recognized anymore

sounds like the usb adapter on the drive has gone.

also, does that drive have an e-sata connector? if so there may be a switch that needs moving.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/external-hdd-not-being-recognized-anymore.757496/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi I have a Creative Zen Nano Plus GB mp player and it used to work just fine i d plug it into the usb and boom it was there i no longer get the quot what would you like to do open in folder use program ect message upon plugging in any usb device anymore i d also like to know how to turn that back on if possible now however i plug it in and it is not recognized i ve uninstalled and reinstalled the creative software and even in the nano plus media explorer it says there is no device plugged in the mp player seems to work fine still with the music that is already on it i just can t seem to get it to connect to the computer anymore any ideas or suggestions thanks nevermind i ve got it working for now seems creative recognized zen not Solved: anymore when i plug it into the external usb port it works but the built in port doesn t read it and it does work with other devices just not the nano wierd nbsp Solved: creative zen not recognized anymore

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-creative-zen-not-recognized-anymore.835215/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi I have a laptop and I'm currently having issues which I have never encountered before I've recently installed Diablo and everything was playing great until I reopened my laptop and noticed that the gameplay did not detect being Geforce 540M recognized not anymore. my Geforce graphic card and only my Intel HD graphics I have tried many games and they have always turned on my Geforce graphics However it has randomly gone missing now Geforce 540M not being recognized anymore. Nvida control panel won't open as it says quot An NVIDIA graphics card was not detected in your system quot I do know a very good amount of computer knowledge I have scanned for viruses malware spyware all in safe mode Nothing came up System restored yet graphic card is still missing All drivers on this laptop were up to date prior to this issue Also Reinstalled drivers but the graphic card was not detected This laptop is not even a year old When I go to device manager and scan for any changes I noticed that there is now a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark on quot Standard VGA Graphics Adapter quot which used to say GeForce M graphics video adapter Specs i - M Windows Home Premium x GB RAM DDR GeForce M w Optimus Technology Does anyone know what happened to my graphic card

A:Geforce 540M not being recognized anymore.

I found the solution.. I disabled the "Standard VGA Graphics Adapter" and for some reason, my laptop restarted and I have found my GeForce graphics card. Sorry for the post! If an admin can kindly delete this thread

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/230637-geforce-540m-not-being-recognized-anymore.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello all I have anymore External HDD not suddenly recognized a problem with my external HDD When I woke up External HDD suddenly not recognized anymore this morning windows update had installed some updates and automatically my laptop had restarted I tried to log in but it crashed immediately out of the blue I thought ok can happen so when it had restarted and after logging in I wanted to check on some things on my HDD But I got a message saying something like The USB device is not being recognized So I tried again a couple of times but I kept getting that message After trying to switch usb ports and plugging in and out several times I didn t even get that message anymore That was when I started to realise I had a serious problem here The HDD won t show in windows explorer won t show in device management and won t show in the BIOS It is nowhere to be found but the HDD itself is plugged in and working it seems I tried to recover data but all the software I found doesn t find the HDD either which makes sense considering the BIOS isn t even recognising it Is there anything I can do to try and recover my data Can my HDD be saved I don t know if I ve explained my situation clear enough should there be any questions please ask Thanks in advance Lukas nbsp

A:External HDD suddenly not recognized anymore

Tell us about your system and your hardware... brands, ages, connections, etc.

How is the HDD connected, and has it been reliable till now.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/external-hdd-suddenly-not-recognized-anymore.177601/
Relevancy 55.47%

hi folks i have the weirdest problem since a little while that is mouse anymore not are recognized clicks bothering me quite a bit namely i cant use the system with the mouse anymore or rather it is severely limmited these are the symptoms during which i can mouse clicks are not recognized anymore move the mouse pointer alright but no application reacts to mouse clicks anymore cant switch apps via task barpress buttons the mouse over event seems also affected b c when hovering over widgets where the mouse pointer would usually change it doesnt i have also noticed once when this happened in a text editor that when moving the mouse the viewable text would scroll if i move the mouse out of the editors area on the north or south end luckily i have a short remedy to the problem namely pressing ctrl alt del - gt brings me to the screnn to lock wtich user screenESC - gt back to where i was when i do this all is well again so far i have no clue what triggers this as it happens seemingly at random and in diff situations some days it only happens only a few times while at others this happens constantly so long BTW i'm a developer and know my way around Windows quite well when this st started i hadn't changed my system by installing new software except for the windows updates that i cant avoid due to company policy

A:mouse clicks are not recognized anymore

case report:

i just happened again while using FF. symptoms:

cannot click button on webpage (submit, etc)can click on FF tab and menus which still open (havent tested though if they execute)cant switch apps via task barswitched to eclipse with alt+taband cant click/activate any button/menu there, but the editor got the focus nowwhen switching back to FF and clicking inside the webpage view area i get switched back to eclispeopening IE but cant click anything web/buttons there eitherkilling FF from cmd line doesnt solve the problem either only ctrl+alt+del

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/284466-mouse-clicks-not-recognized-anymore.html
Relevancy 55.47%

i have an IBM/Fujitsu 20gb hard drive. bought it for $10 cause my good drive went to the great trash pile in the sky. and now this one seems to be on its way out. it has worked fine since i installed windows xp pro on it. i got home from work the other day and my computer had shut off and restarted, and was waiting at the log in screen. i logged in and it was fine. until the blue screen of death. i dont remember exactly but it said something about kernel and file. it was the only time i saw it. and now the hard drive wont recognize in bios or in another computer's bios. the drive still spins up and runs, you can hear it when you put your ear close. so did it die or what? is there some way to bring it back to life?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hard-drive-not-being-recognized-anymore.24605/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi I have an external hard drive from WD MyBook TB that has been working almost perfectly since recognized not hard drive External anymore I got it approximately half a year ago The only problem was that the usb connector seemed quite loose and I sometimes needed to reconnect it for the hard drive to work Now for some reason a few days ago I had to reconnect it on the hard drive s end and I had to force it a bit Even after that everything worked Then a day or two later I see a message from windows telling me quot I could get more speed if I connected the drive to a USB port quot or something like that btw it was connected in a USB port Since then I haven t been able to get the hard drive to be recognized by Windows for more External hard drive not recognized anymore than or seconds I have succeeded by pressing on the hard drive s connector but now it just seems like the port is completely loose inside the external hard drive which means that I basically can t seem to get the cable completely plugged in the port Also after a few tries at reconnecting it the computer started to shut down External hard drive not recognized anymore every time I connect the hard drive to the computer I have tried connecting it to other usb ports although not on a different computer I don t have access to another computer right now but I will try it as soon as I can My laptop is an Asus N JQ-X and my OS is Windows bit Thanks in advance for your help nbsp

Relevancy 55.04%

Hi guys

I just bought an ASUS CM 6870 with windows 8 64, and it was working fine. One certain day it stopped booting. Actually, no image would show up.

I changed my monitor to the onboard graphics card instead of the Geforce GTX 650 card, and I could at least see the initial boot, but it was halting.

I booted through a pen drive version, and everything went back to work, except for the Geforce, wich I cant get back to work.
Anyone can help me out here? I tried several settings in the Bios, but none worked so far.
Appreciate any help, Thanks

Cesar

A:ASUS GTX 650 graphic card not recognized anymore

Did the computer come with the GTX 650 or did you add it in later?

Have you tried removing and reinstalling the video card in it's slot? It may be partially loose. Be sure to connect the monitor back to the video before turning the computer back on.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-gtx-650-graphic-card-not-recognized-anymore.1103209/
Relevancy 55.04%

So basically my external hard drive was acting up and I was Anymore Drive External Recognized Not Hard going to disable and re-enable it to try and solve the problems I went to Computer Management - gt Disk Management and disabled Disk which was the HDD External Hard Drive Not Recognized Anymore To disable it I right clicked the disk External Hard Drive Not Recognized Anymore and went to the properties I went to the Driver Tab which lists Driver Details Update Driver Rollback Driver Disable and Uninstall I clicked the disable option It disappeared and whenever I plug it in it doesn t show up anymore The HDD is the Screenplay HD from Iomega and the drivers are located on the HDD itself The HDD still works because I plugged it into my MAC From there I just erased everything and set it up to use FAT so it would be compatible with both systems The HDD shows up under the USB Controllers except as a quot USB Mass Storage Drive quot now and the menu to do anything with it doesn t pop up Any idea how to re-enable it It seems that I need to find some unallocated partition in Disk Management and add a new disk However there is no more unallocated partition It also seems I need to download third party programs to create an unallocated partition Help is very much appreciated and I will be here to answer questions

A:External Hard Drive Not Recognized Anymore

Solved. If anyone else has this problem, try:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/330140

It will reappear with a different name under the disk drives(which is why I didn't realize it in the first place). Just enable it and you should be good to go.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/465911/external-hard-drive-not-recognized-anymore/
Relevancy 55.04%

When I insert any flash drive stick into a Windows Home bit computer there is a small sound not the double sound of correct recognition The drive is not assigned a drive letter and is NOT seen in Disk Management The device DOES show up in drivers under 'disk drives' but says quot This device cannot start Code quot under the General tab and the entry has the little yellow 'error' icon Says driver is correct I have spent hours researching and it won't surprise me if it is because of Acronis True Image flash No anymore [SOLVED] stick recognized Western Digital free edition - an older version AND the current version which I have removed I have also ran the Acronis cleanup tool I have made some edits in [SOLVED] No flash stick recognized anymore the registry relating to 'filters' installed by Acronis I have also tried the quot drivecleanup exe' program to free old unused USB devices I started by reloading all motherboard drivers including [SOLVED] No flash stick recognized anymore USB and Asmedia and quot sfc scannow quot is clean Also used CCleaner registry cleaner which found some Acronis item s after I uninstalled Can anybody help please thanks bob

A:[SOLVED] No flash stick recognized anymore

First never use any registry cleaners they do more harm than good.... If you have used it in the past before the problem with your flash drive not being detected the registry cleaner could be the culprit.

First step go to Start type in devmgmt.msc then hit "enter" post a screenshot of the USB Universal Serial Bus Controllers expanded.

Then a screenshot of the same thing with your flash drive pluged in.

Also try your usb flash drive on on another pc to rule out a faulty USB flash drive.

Edit: Code 10 means possibly corrupted drivers. Maybe corrupted drivers for the device.

Fix: "This device cannot start" Code 10 error in Device Manager in Windows have a look see under Device Configuration issues.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-no-flash-stick-recognized-anymore-880425.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi I recently had a problem with my Western Digital My Book Essential Edition external hard drive GB It used to possible anymore Windows WD by HD recognized not External PC: solution work fine but one day it stopped working When I was plugging it in my computer the blue light was turning on I could hear the hard drive started spinning but then nothing else Windows explorer was WD External HD not recognized anymore by Windows PC: possible solution not detecting it so I could not access anything Using Device manager under hard drives I could see my drive populate it looked at the driver and everything looked to be working I could also see my drive under Disk management however I could not do anything And here s the real symptom I got that was different from a lot of different problems when I tried to right click my drive under disk management to change drive letter for example I only obtained the quot help quot option all other options were gone from the menu my computer hard drive was fine and I could see the menu for it Using the Western Digital diagnostics software I could see it scan it but it did not detect any mistakes However using various partition scanning softwares such as ptedit I realized that the value for my partition was not OC as other external hard drives I saw so I used the program to change it to OC and voila The problem was solved I could get access to all my data Somehow it looks like Western Digital drives have a tendency to change that setting I saw some other posts with the same problem Also don t bother contacting WD technical service they are really useless the tech had my try to connect my power supply directly in the wall to finally tell me it was a power supply issue somehow this tech ahd a power supply fetiche and he was completely wrong He also copied a link to buy another power supply Anyway I thought I would post it in case it might be helpful for someone nbsp

A:WD External HD not recognized anymore by Windows PC: possible solution

If you don't mind me asking, what program did you use to solve your problem?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wd-external-hd-not-recognized-anymore-by-windows-pc-possible-solution.841759/
Relevancy 55.04%

After stinking days my external hard drive is refusing to show up on my computer now External anymore. hard help not Serious recognized drive please! I used it just fine last night but when I plug it in today nothing Nothing s recognized and the drive doesn t do its usual red flickers So far I ve tried not using the extension cable didn t work so I test the cable it works I get a different cord and plug it into my hard drive and nothing shows up It powers up just fine but it just doesn t do anything when I plug it in It s starting to sound like a failure External hard drive not recognized anymore. Serious help please! in the USB part but I have no way to be sure I can t get it replaced by my store because it went past my day replacement plan since they took weeks to ship it to me - - It s a GB Western Digital USB Firewire drive and it s going out the window if I can t get it to work Please help me reclaim of my life nbsp

Relevancy 54.61%

I recently uninstalled the Norton software that was pre-installed on my HP laptop. I used the norton uninstall utility from Norton's website. Now my laptop does not recognize my camera via USB. The USB do work for other external devices (e.g. external mouse, iphone, etc). Before the uninstall, my computer always recognized my camera. I never installed any software for my camera. I use window live to manage my photos. I can't see the camera when I go to Computer under devices with removable storage. HELP...I need to be able to do this...THANKS!!

A:Solved: Camera not recognized anymore after Norton uninstalled

Hi mcomer,

I have a few questions which will help me diagnose your problems.

What operating system are you running?

Does the computer make the usb sound when you plug it in?

When you turn the camera on does the camera screen display and error messages or a USB connected symbol?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-camera-not-recognized-anymore-after-norton-uninstalled.972001/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hello all Been reading through tons and tons of advice on here but just don t seem to be able to fix the problem Bought an Acer Aspire One netbook days ago It s got Windows Starter installed as an OS Had no problem connecting to my home network via wireless router but yesterday all of a sudden it stopped working Ever since my home network no longer shows up in the quot Wireless Network Connections quot list at the bottom right not Access suddenly Wireless anymore recognized Point of the taskbar I have flatmates they both have no problem connecting and my iphone also finds and connects without a problem Also I can connect via LAN cable without a problem hence me being able to type this It shows all other available networks but just not the one I need Very strange Can anyone help I have already tried the below Switching Wireless hardware switch off and on Reinstalling device driver for Broadcom Network Adapter Deleting saved internet wireless profile Entering the wireless profile manually But now I am helpless Not the most knowledgeable computer guy but Wireless Access Point suddenly not recognized anymore with your help maybe I can finally fix this Would be much appreciated Thanks in advance guys I m desperate nbsp

A:Wireless Access Point suddenly not recognized anymore

Welcome to TSG:
May we see:
Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:
(For Vista or 7 type CMD in the Search box after Start)

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter to copy the contents to the clipboard.
Paste the results in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-access-point-suddenly-not-recognized-anymore.1012419/
Relevancy 53.75%

I got a Nexxtech Enclosure with quot Maxtor DiamondMax GB Hard Drive - MB ATA- EIDE OEM quot My computer is a Dell Win XP SP It has been working for a not Hard anymore Solved: recognized Drive Computer will External year but something happen to my computer this pass week that caused me to reboot the computer Now the Computer will not recognized the External Hard Drive The Enclosure Solved: Computer will not recognized External Hard Drive anymore has a Power-Data Light indicator and is showing Red instead of Blue Never did figure out what that means When plugged in the computer will do the quot ding dong quot sound as if it connected the hard drive after a few minutes then another quot ding dong quot sound but different tone as if it disconnected after a few more minutes Problem is that it is not showing on my taskbar for quot New Hardware Detected quot or quot Removable Hard Drive quot I have tried Disk Management and It is NOT showing up on there I have also tried the hard drive on other computers and getting same results nbsp

A:Solved: Computer will not recognized External Hard Drive anymore

You need to remove the hard drive from the enclosure and either slave it to a desktop machine, and see if that machine can read it, or try the drive in another enclosure.

You have to determine if the drive is the problem, or is the enclosure the problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-computer-will-not-recognized-external-hard-drive-anymore.883054/
Relevancy 52.89%

I have a several year old Dell desktop P4 2.4 GHZ Win XP SP2 system.

Of the two drives one is a CD/DVD read only generic drive that came with the PC, the other is a Plextor CD/DVD RW that I installed several years ago.

Both drives read DVD's and the Plextor continues to write DVD's. Both drives will now not play or write CD's though. Device Manager inicates no problem with either drive, a Norton Systems Works "Find and Fix Problems" scan found no problems.

Windows Media Player opens up when I put a music CD in either drive but when I click "play" nothing happens. When I try to write files to the RW drive nothing happens.

I have had no problems with either of these drives in the past.

Nothing else in the PC seems amiss.

Can anyone here offer any ideas on what my problem might be?

Thank you.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cd-drives-wont-function-anymore-211187.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I hope someone can help me About a week ago I encountered some viruses and deleted files via Norton AV Afterward my computer would no longer recognize my CD ROM D drive OR my CD RW E drive Through a series of troubleshooting sessions it appears that there are three see can't 2000 Windows drives anymore HELP! CD missing files necessary for my CD drives to work they are C winnt system drivers cdrom sys C winnt system drivers redbook sys C winnt system storprop dll I ve reinstalled drivers which says successful My computer shows the hardware installed but it cannot locate the D and E drives I went to my office computer same Op System and emailed myself those three files I then re-saved them to the problem computer but there is no change I went into my BIOS and changed the loading order to read the CD drive first instead of the floppy but it still will not load my Windows K disc or even recognize either CD drive I downloaded Everest Home from a suggestion on another thread It shows my CD players but I m not sure what to do with it or if that program can even help me Even though I re-saved those three files troubleshooting still says that those same three files are the problem Any suggestions are greatly appreciated B nbsp

Relevancy 52.46%

I have 2 or 3 USB flash drives which on other computers running XP or Win7 run the autorun.ini file present on the root directory and set the icon. My own desktop here does not do it, although it used to.

Both registry keys at HKEY_CURRENT_USER and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
have value 91 for d-word NoDriveTypeAutoRun

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer

Autoplay is of course on, but obviously its not the flash drives themselves
that are at fault here, as once inserted in other computers, autorun works fine.

I saw some old threads on this, but are closed.

Any ideas as to what else may be needed?
Thx
mary A.

A:[SOLVED] USB drives do not run autorun anymore

Re: USB drives do not run autorun anymore

I would like to have a look at the relevant entries in the Windows registry.

Step 1: Please export to text files, the contents of two registry keys:Click Start > Run
Copy and paste the following line of code in the open Run box

Code:
regedit /e C:\reg1.txt "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\Explorer"
Now click OK
Click Start > Run
Copy and paste the following line of code in the open Run box

Code:
regedit /e C:\reg2.txt "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\Explorer"
Now click OK

Step 2: Please post the contents of the two exported registry keys for us to look at:Double-click/Open My Computer and then navigate to C:\ drive
In there, you should see two files called reg1.txt and reg2.txt.
Double-click one of the files to open it with Notepad.Copy and paste the whole contents of that file in your next reply.

Repeat with the second text file, to include the contents of that file also in the same reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-usb-drives-do-not-run-autorun-anymore-614507.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I m experiencing a USB device problem I have two USB thumb drives of different brands that used to drives read anymore don't thumb USB work Now if I plug them in either front-side or back-side ports the computer tones beeps to let USB thumb drives don't read anymore me know that it recognizes them but neither drives auto-open nor are accessible via My Computer I know for sure that the drives work as they can be opened explored and formatted on other computers The device manager shows the Host Controllers and Root Hubs as working properly I ve looked for driver updates uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers manually uninstalled and allowed Windows to reinstall automatically on reboot and I ve tried disabling the USB on BIOS and re-enabling it on reboot The Disk Manager shows the USB thumb drives I ve tried reformating them there but a prompt informs me that is not possible because quot the partition or volume is not enabled quot Assigning drive names seems to do no good and I can t disk-check for error either What bugs me is that the drives work on other computers I would think it s a virus of some sort though that is improbable as I did a full scan and clean a few days ago Ideas nbsp

A:USB thumb drives don't read anymore

We really need the brand and model of the computer or motherboard.
Setup error on your computer. You may have changed something accidentally while working elsewhere. If your USB ports work for printers, scanners, and other components, you need to do a reset somewhere. You have done everything correctly.
If you haven't done this, go to your BIOS at startup, and see if there is something disabled... There will likely be something on one of the BIOS screens that must be enabled.
Or go to the motherboard manufacturers web site, and scroll through the online manual for that motherboard.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-thumb-drives-dont-read-anymore.66208/
Relevancy 52.46%

i recently discovered that my cd and cdrw drive no longer work. i went through some basic troubleshooting i.e. uninstalled and reinstalled both drives and there drivers( i also physically disconnected and reconnected them both, still same messages), tried upgrading drivers. even plugged my cd drive into secondary plug on the "ribbon" my hard drive is on. still get the following messages:Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39) also, after reinstalling them I get: there was a problem installing your hardware it may not work properly...does anyone have any more suggestions........p.s. when i disonnected and reconnected them to the motherboard, windows does see them and tries to install them.

A:cd drives dont work anymore!!

I think I would definitely try a System Restore back to a point where I knew the drives were being reconginzed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-drives-dont-work-anymore.441628/
Relevancy 52.46%

i ll give some specs of my computer first to get that out of the way p ghz asus p p e xp anymore doesn't windows see drives mainboard stripe raid system hdd windows xp pro sp i have windows installed on a raid x raptor hdd and have other hdd s and cd-roms on other ide or sata connections this morning my computer would not boot up properly an error message about winlogon exe that had something to do with a quot memory read fail quot no matter what i clicked on the message box i d get the blue screen of death no matter how i started windows safe mode last good config etc i would always get the same winlogon exe error and never be able to finish loading windows xp doesn't see drives anymore windows windows xp doesn't see drives anymore therefore not be able to check the winlogon exe file itself to try to see whats wrong i don t know what may have caused this as it was working as fine a ever last night and haven t installed changed anything for a few days even did a full virus scan days earlier and the problem suddenly came this morning when i started it after some time i felt i had to resort to booting off my xp pro cd and try the repair option there it worked and now windows works fine but i can no longer see any of my extra hdd s or cd-roms my bios is still unchanged and detects all the drives but i did check it anyways and i can still boot off cd how i did the repair or another hdd if i had something on it so i determined that the problem is with windows not seeing them i checked disk management under computer management to see if they just need to be enabled again they don t show up there at all i checked the drivers for ide controllers etc they are all up to date windows simply does not accept that there are other hdd s and cd-roms hooked up at all many important files and such are on the other drives and i also have no recognized cd-rom either now just the c drive any help would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:windows xp doesn't see drives anymore

Have you started with the basics, Microsoft Memory Diagnostic or MEMtest86 might be a good idea. It could be as imple as bad memory, hard to say.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-doesnt-see-drives-anymore.307129/
Relevancy 52.46%

I hope someone can help me About a week ago I encountered some viruses and deleted files via Norton AV Afterward my computer would no longer recognize my CD ROM D drive OR my CD HELP! anymore drives can't 2000 see Windows CD RW E drive Through a series of troubleshooting sessions it appears that there are three missing files necessary for my CD drives to work they are C winnt system drivers cdrom sys C winnt system drivers redbook sys C winnt HELP! Windows 2000 can't see CD drives anymore system storprop dll I ve reinstalled drivers which says successful My computer shows the hardware installed but it cannot locate the D and E drives I went to my office computer same Op System and emailed myself those three files I then re-saved them to the problem computer but there is no change I went into my BIOS and changed the loading order to read the CD drive first instead of the floppy but it still will not load my Windows K disc or even recognize either CD drive I downloaded Everest Home from a suggestion on another thread It shows my CD players but I m not sure what to do with it or if that program can even help me Even though I re-saved those three files troubleshooting still says that those same three files are the problem Any suggestions are greatly appreciated B nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-windows-2000-cant-see-cd-drives-anymore.304364/
Relevancy 52.03%

I have two external hard drives

Western Digital Extreme Lighted WDXC3200JBRNN 320GB 7200 RPM 8MB Cache USB 2.0 / IEEE 1394a External Hard Drive
Western Digital My Book Essential WDG1U5000N 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache USB 2.0 External Hard Drive

I find it hard to believe that both hard drives would not work, at the same time on me on my laptop. My 320GB gives me a "Device not recognize" error, while my 500GB just won't do anything besides the power light being on.

I find it very hard to believe that both drives would go out on me at the exact same time. I have no way of taking them out and testing them, and I have no extra computers to test them on.

Relevancy 52.03%

i recently discovered that my cd and cdrw drive no longer work. i went through some basic troubleshooting i.e. uninstalled and reinstalled both drives and there drivers( i also physically disconnected and reconnected them both, still same messages), tried upgrading drivers. even plugged my cd drive into secondary plug on the "ribbon" my hard drive is on. still get the following messages:Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39) also, after reinstalling them I get: there was a problem installing your hardware it may not work properly...does anyone have any more suggestions........p.s. when i disonnected and reconnected them to the motherboard, windows does see them and tries to install them.

Relevancy 51.17%

CD amp DVD drives don t have recording tabs Help OK here s what is going XP, CD's drives tabs can't 'Properties' lost anymore! DVD & burn in CD on Several weeks ago don t remember exactly when mid or late January I was fooling around amp installed some programs so I could convert songs from my phone to a format my computer could read Didn t work I uninstalled it Then a bit later I downloaded a program to ID music by playing it over speaker into the microphone to id a song Uninstalled it too I know one of these programs again don t remember told me to change my default record media from the drive to I think a virtual CD & DVD drives lost 'Properties' tabs in XP, can't burn CD's anymore! drive Anyway I think this is what has caused my problem which is I can no longer get CD-R s to burn I have a Dell DImension with Windows XP and when I try to use Media Player to burn songs CD & DVD drives lost 'Properties' tabs in XP, can't burn CD's anymore! to a CD it looks as if it is going thru the process but doesn t do it XP and media player recognize the drives and I can play CD s or DVD s just can t get the computer to remember that yes these drives are capable of recording Also when I put a blank CD-R into either drive they show under properties to be full and have CD & DVD drives lost 'Properties' tabs in XP, can't burn CD's anymore! no space left on them even though they are new When I go to properties on both drives there is no recording tab so I cannot enable recording I have Googled around and here is what I have tried to do to fix it I used the Microsoft site s suggestion to edit the registry and change the drive values from to or No help I made sure the IMAPI value in Admin Services was on automatic and I force started it No help I went back to the registry and deleted the high filters and low filters in the registry file related to the drives No help I uninstalled the drives in device manager logged off and logged on to reinstall but they already had No help I uninstalled the drives and immediately went to new hardware wizard It found them and installed them No help I reinstalled Nero my burning software No help I went back to Microsoft s site and used the automatic Fix It wizard but it said both drives were not capable of recording bogus since I ve burned I don t know how many CD s since I got this computer in mid I probably forgot some stuff since I have been at this all afternoon and evening but I m really frustrated Both drives were working great forever so I guess when I installed those programs I mentioned earlier it jacked up something I don t think I ve tried to burn any CD s since I got rid of both of those programs up until today when I discovered the problem Thing is I CAN T remember which program had me change the record or burn to feature I think it changed it from the E and D drive to something else but don t remember where or how Yeah I know it was stupid to not write it down and yeah I regret screwing with either program But I d really like some help here if anyone can I appreciate it nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cd-dvd-drives-lost-properties-tabs-in-xp-cant-burn-cds-anymore.144176/
Relevancy 51.17%

I am getting so sick of this computer I would consider myself to be a somewhat advanced computer user but I just have no idea whats goin on here Here s the problem I have a Compaq S OM which I have IDE IDE Whats Anymore, Wrong? one on Two Optical Run Chain Cannot Drives Hard Drives on one IDE Channel and on the other I have had IDE Optical Drives a DVD Burner and the DVD-ROM Drive that came in the computer The two optical drives worked for years then all the sudden they decided Cannot Run Two Optical Drives on one IDE Chain Anymore, Whats Wrong? to not work together I messed around for quite some time with it trying to get them to work together with no luck I dual boot with on being XP Pro w SP and the other being Windows PRO Both operating systems including the BIOS will not pick up on EITHER of the drives when they are hooked up on the chain together I went from Cable Select to choosing a master and a slave and even tried switching the IDE chains with the hard drives incase it was a Motherboard Issue however the Hard Drives still worked fine but the optical drives wouldnt fire up At that point I figured that it must have been something to do w the drive that came with the computer so I switched it out w a DVD-ROM that I had in another PC Voila This worked or so I thought About a week to a Cannot Run Two Optical Drives on one IDE Chain Anymore, Whats Wrong? week and a half later that drive started acting up and would occasionaly not read discs then lead to it not working with the burner as well So then I thought I d try the two DVD-ROMs togehter and they would not work together either It was this point that I went looking for firmware updates for the MOBO and I also completely formated my PC and am now running a clean install of Windows XP Pro and still none of the drives will work together I cant figure this out I have tried everything that I can think of but have gotten nowhere Hopefully someone here can help me out What could be the possible causes of my troubles Thanks in Advance Ronny nbsp

A:Cannot Run Two Optical Drives on one IDE Chain Anymore, Whats Wrong?

welcome to techspot.
your computer is oem (original equipment manufacturer) and there will be problems like this, with seemingly no cause. attempt operating them on seperate chains (attach one to the primary chain, with the boot hard drive as master)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-run-two-optical-drives-on-one-ide-chain-anymore-whats-wrong.25882/
Relevancy 51.17%

I have an HP desktop running Vista 32 bit. For no apparent reason all USB drives just stop being recognized, and I have to re-boot to get them to work.

I tried everything: Shutting off all and disconnecting from electric socket for an hour; removing/installing all usb drivers/drives.

Still the same is happening.

Any ideas.

Thanks

Relevancy 51.17%

Hey guys my video card has been losing power and shutting down out of not recognized Drives being nowhere recently so I researched it and it sounded like it is a bad PSU So I went to the store and got a new one installed Drives not being recognized it and now Drives not being recognized NONE of my drives are being recognized The hard drive the CDROM drive the floppy none of it I can t even press the button on the CDROM to open it Everything appears to be connected fine I tried switching back to the old PSU and still had the same problems Only thing I can do is get to the bios but beyond that I get a disk boot failed message What should I do Here are my specs Intel Core i CPU Gigabyte GA-EX -UD Intel X ATX Motherboard G Skill F - CL T- GBNQ x GB DDR RAM BFG GeForce GTX - Video Card Western Digital WD AAKS GB RPM SATA Gb s Hard Drive Western Digital Caviar Green WD EADS TB SATA Gb s Hard Drive Corsair HX Modular PSU Thermalright Ultra- Extreme RT AZZA Fantom Black Computer Tower Windows Vista Thanks nbsp

A:Drives not being recognized

Fit a new CMOS battery then go into the Bios and set it to 'default' settings and see if it works now.
If not go back into Bios and set the HDD with OS on it as 1st boot device.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/drives-not-being-recognized.985247/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello I have a Gateway desktop running XP w CD drives CD-ROM CD-R W - CD not drives recognized same drives that were quot factory installed quot - have never been changed removed etc Lately the computer doesn t recognize them No icons for them under quot My Computer quot or anything else indicating there are CD drives The CD-ROM drive does open when the button is pushed but the R W doesn t anymore If you put a CD in the CD-ROM it spins the CD and the light on the front comes on but nothing happens on the CD drives not recognized computer It used to do this occasionally and a quick re-start would fix it but lately CD drives not recognized I can t get it to see them at all CD drives not recognized I ve opened the case and it doesn t appear as though anything is disconnected or loose but this is the limit of my troubleshooting abilities Any suggestions Please be detailed with any instructions I m not super savvy These forums have helped in the past with a virus so I m hoping someone here can help me with this too I ll be happy to financially support the site as I have in the past nbsp

A:CD drives not recognized

At an initial guess I would suggest that the CD-RW drive has died.
As it does not even respond with the tray button, its fairly conclusive.

If it has suffered a significant internal failure it could be preventing the CD ROM from working as well.

Try unplugging both the power and IDE ribbon cbles from the RW drive and see if the CD ROM then works?

If it does, just buy a new CD-RW drive.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-drives-not-recognized.432729/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi All,
Primary & Secondary IDE controllers are not recognized. HDC: Primary IDE controller (dual fifo) ( 4-23-1999) *** PROBLEM CODE 29 ***
HDC: Secondary IDE controller (dual fifo) ( 4-23-1999) *** PROBLEM CODE 29 ***

Machine: Gateway
CPU: PIII 850MHz
BIOS: Intel Corp. 4W4SB0X0.15A.0019.P14 05/09/2000

Any & all help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Tony

Relevancy 51.17%

Windows xp, sp3 on a compaq, and the system works ok, bit slow, but any try at inserting a cd in either of two drives keeps popping up same msg, Insert Disk in Drive E:, also, if i choose properties and eject, both cd drives open same time. So its two cd roms on a single cable to mother board. Ive sacrificed a chcken and it din't help. So we ate it. But seriously, What?
I have Advanced System Care beta 4 and it doesn't show any of the two drives either. Also, uninstalled driver and re-booted, then Disk Found, hardware ready to use, only one!

A:CD Rom Drives not recognized, Again!

Are the drives recognized in BIOS?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-rom-drives-not-recognized-again.991106/
Relevancy 51.17%

My zip and cd-rom drives (both internal ATAPI) had been installed and running correctly until recently. Now the drives are not recognized by Windows 98. The hardware profile lists a "Code 10" next to each IDE controller. I have tried installing the drivers for each from their respective websites, but with no improvement. Both drives are receiving power, but for some reason are not being recognized by Windows. Any ideas??

Relevancy 51.17%

I am using the windows xp media edition 2002. Shortly after my daughter tried to insert a dvd+r dl into my cd drive, both my cd drives disappeared from my computer. Dell said this is a problem with the windows program. Can anyone help?

A:cd drives not recognized

Create a text file with the following stuff in it exactly as below and name it FIXCD.REG

Double click on the file and say yes to the merge into registry question.

----------------------- cut here, contents of FIXCD.REG -----------------------------
REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}]
"UpperFilters"=-
"LowerFilters"=-

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Cdr4_2K]

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Cdralw2k]

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Cdudf]

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\UdfReadr]

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-drives-not-recognized.426475/
Relevancy 51.17%

My DVD/CD drives aren't recognized?
Some how my disk drives have "disappeared." With disks in either drive I am unable to "explore" or open them. I went to control panel and it says that drives are working OK. When I get a pop up message it says to "insert disk". No recent changes or installations on my computer. I feel like it is a software setting...............

Thanks

Bill

A:Drives are not recognized?

See: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314060

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/drives-are-not-recognized.770462/
Relevancy 51.17%

I m working on a machine that s running Windows NT I don t know if this machine tower was used as a server before I was hired I can access and use all files on C and the server but A floppy D CD and Drives recognized not my Jump drive E aren t usable They quot physically quot work They show up in the quot explore quot window Device manager says they re enabled and working properly When I plug my jump drive into the USB port it flashes the quot safe remove quot icon shows up in the tray but if I try to access the files on the jump drive I get a pop up window that says quot Put a disk in Drive E quot I get the same message for the A and D drives but if you put in a disk it isn t read even self-install type disks Help please Am I missing a workstation Drives not recognized OS Need to map drives What Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/drives-not-recognized.402682/
Relevancy 51.17%

Drive is being dismounted correctly. When changing USB stick, it's no being recognized,

A:USB drives not being recognized

Is this with just a certain USB Flash drive (stick) or all USB Devices? Is this a laptop or a desktop computer?
With the Flash drive inserted go to Start/Search and type devmgmt.msc Right click the devmgmt results and Run As Administrator. In the Elevated Device Manager expand Universal Serial Bus Controllers, are there any devices with a yellow flag or is there Unknown Device? If so, right click it and Uninstall it. Unplug the device from the computer end and restart the computer. When the computer comes back up, plug it into a different USB port in the Back (desktop) and not in the front or through a hub as these ports are weaker. You should get New Hardware Found. If it still comes up as Unknown Device, try it on another computer, if it fails there as well, then the drive needs to be replaced.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/usb-drives-not-being-recognized-781082.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I have a Sony VAIO desktop with Windows XP. Recently I had to replace the hard drive and, apparently after that, the computer does not seem to recognize the DVD drives, CD drive, Memory cards and I think that even USB ports. It does recognize C and A drives. I guess that the job of putting the files back to the new hard drive that they did for me was not too good and maybe some files were missing. Anyway, I'll appreciate any help.

A:Drives not recognized

Welcome to TSG...

If you physically removed a hard drive and installed another, then you my have unplugged or jiggled the ribbon cables which connect the other drives to the motherboard, or the power plugs which supply them. Check to make sure that both ribbon cables and power plugs are firmly connected to each drive.

Also--there's a jumper on the back of the drive that you installed. Can you tell us what position the jumper is in? Give us the make and model of the new hard drive and we'll check that that's correct...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/drives-not-recognized.615893/
Relevancy 51.17%

Greetings,

I have this problem that began just after one of the young ones yanked two USB hard drives from their sockets. The drives when plugged in don't dance anymore, in fact they don't even show up for the dance. Device manager doesn't see them, there's no little "da doo" when they're plugged in, no nothing......

I've surfed and surfed for answers and have not found one that I've tried that works, including disabling all the USB resource drivers on the motherboard and reinstalling, updating the chipset, updating the bios, plugging int to other USB ports and whatnot to no avail.

I'm at the point where hair pulling is a possibility...... I'm suspecting that the drives may be toast.

Any other suggestions welcome.

Regards...........

A:USB Drives not recognized

Have a look at this: Hardware devices not detected or not working

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/62972-usb-drives-not-recognized.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Finally, I have my cousin's computer up and running, but now a new problem has arisen.
The computer won't recognize any CD drives; therefore, I can't run any CD's or DVD's, and I can't install any games... or Windows XP. The power works fine ( I can open and close the drives) but they don't appear in My Computer, no CDs auto run nor I can I force them to run manually (without seeing the drive in My Computer), and I have no idea why. Any ideas or thoughts?

Relevancy 51.17%

I have XP on my computer My problem I can amp t use Send To to burn CD amp s Drives CD not recognized Both drives did work so even though I get a CD Drives not recognized message saying they are incapable- I know they DID a couple weeks ago They will read and device manager says working properly I found advice Microsoft Says registry has been corrupted to open Registry and delete upper and lower filters Opened HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM ControlSet Control Class D E -E - CE-BFC - BE and found two showing upper filters I deleted them Didn amp t solve the problem No Lower level filters options appear anywhere So I guess my first question is Where do I find lower filters so I can delete them and will that solve it if I do Is there another solution to this problem If I buy a new drive will it work f Microsoft fix it says incapable of burning But they DID II need to be able to use amp Send To amp so I can burn CD amp s as I did a couple weeks ago I have searched everywhere for a solution Someone please help me I forgot to mention that neither drive or floppy drive appear in the Send To menu nbsp

Relevancy 51.17%

Today my friend handed me two identical USB flash drives and asked me to fix them He was not very specific about what happed why they don t work what he did or anything I ll keep pestering him but even if he would tell me he isn t the kind of person to know what he did on a computer recognized USB drives not Both drives seem to have an identical problem and refuse to show up on my computer In device manager they don t show up in the USB ports but do show up under Other devices as yellow question marks Right clicking and looking at properties the device status USB drives not recognized says quot No drivers are installed for this device quot on both drives I ve tried this on two different computers with the same result I ve tried formatting them with OCZ format utility HP USB format utility lexar s format utility UMP tool test disk and hdd low level format tool none of which even see the drives I ve tried going into the bios and looking at any USB devices it didn t show up but i didn t look too closely A program I found called Chip Genius v did see it I m pretty sure it lists all the usb devices in my computer my mouse keyboard anyway it sees the drive as a quot USB Device quot the information listed under it for both drives is this Device Name USB Device PnP Device ID VID F PID Serial Number amp amp C DEA amp amp amp amp Revision Information not returned Device Type Standard USB device - USB Full-Speed USB Chip Vendor No match record Chip Part-Number No match record Product Vendor USB Product Model Device Tools on Web N A Now i m at a loss at what to do so I come to techspot for help Thanks in advance and keep in mind that they look like low quality nameless USB drives so they may just be dead although since both seem to have died at roughly the same time I suspect my friend would have something to do with it I honestly have no idea what he does with his drives all he does is put games on them but he comes to me with dead drives pretty often So far i ve been able to fix them until now nbsp

A:USB drives not recognized

Not fixable under normal conditions. Sounds like the typical SanDisk USB failure problem.
There are companies that will rescue USB data for a very high price, but they have to remove the chip to do that.

USB devices serve the purpose of moving data, or saving a copy, but they should never be the only source of the data, as the USB drive failure rate is 30 percent in the first year, and then failures go up dramatically.

I would not waste time further on this. Tell your friend the data is lost unless he or she wants to spend in excess of $100 to rescue it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-drives-not-recognized.141586/
Relevancy 51.17%

I m working on a machine that s running Windows NT I don t know if this machine tower was used as not Recognized Drives a server before I was hired I can access and use all Drives not Recognized files on C and the server but A floppy D CD and my Jump drive E aren t usable They quot physically quot work They show up in the quot explore quot window Device manager says they re enabled and working properly When I plug my jump drive into the USB port it flashes the quot safe remove quot icon shows up in the tray but if I try to access the files on the jump drive I get a pop up window that says quot Put a disk in Drive E quot I get the same message for the A and D drives but if you put in a disk it isn t read even self-install type disks Help please Am I missing a workstation OS Need to map drives What Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 51.17%

Hello all I am new to this forum I have been searching recognized drives IDE not the Internet for some solutions to a quot small quot problem I am having with a PC Hopefully you good people can point the way to success Recently I began helping my friend upgrade his PC It was an old AMD motherboard and processor with a pair of IDE drives not recognized IDE drives His C drive on that computer was a Western Digital series gb drive A while back the system crashed My friend took it to a tech who put in a Seagate gb drive and upgraded the OS from Windows to XP home Given that the system was now about three years old and I helped build the system originally I was asked to help build a new one We purchased an ASUS P P SE board and a gig Celeron D processor We also bought gig of ram Since the board supported SATA drives we purchased a WD JS gb drive which was intended to be the new C drive To top it off we also purchased a stand-alone copy of XP home the tech who upgraded it the last time never left a repair disk presumably so he would need to be called IDE drives not recognized back Everything was installed in IDE drives not recognized the old case per the ASUS instructions At that time we put in a watt power supply which had all the new power connectors we would need I booted the bugger up using the XP disk to start the installation process Even though we wanted to use the old IDE drives in the new system I decided to leave them disconnected during the installation of the OS XP recognized the SATA drive and windows was properly installed After activation and validation we downloaded the updates installed videocard drivers and were set to install the old drives Here is where the fun begins First thing that happened when I rebooted was that the computer wanted to boot from the old IDE drive I went back into BIOS and reset the boot order so that the SATA drive was the boot drive Fine Now the computer booted up correctly Next I went into quot my computer quot and could only find the C drive the floppy drive A the DVD Burner D and the CD-Rom drive E The IDE drives were nowhere to be found Basically what I have done to remedy this is -Make sure the plugs were all inserted correctly -Check to make sure the drivers were correct I have read that SATA drives require different drivers to work As I didn t activate the quot SATA as RAID quot option in BIOS it should be treated as another IDE drive Since XP found the drive and installed successfully I can assume it worked -Go into Disk Management and try to assign drive letters manually The program saw that there were two drives besides the C with active and healthy partitions However it would only allow me to reformat the drives nothing else -take the old drives out of the machine and place them in an external USB hard drive case After boot up they still weren t seen by windows Disk Manager did notice the presence of a USB mass storage device In BIOS the two IDE drives occupy the primary IDE channel The DVD and CD drives occupy the second channel while the SATA drive is listed as on the third channel I have played around with boot order etc I have been told that since the drives are visible to BIOS and disk management also acknowledges their presence that the problem lies in Windows not the BIOS Either way nothing seems to work Unfortunately we cannot just reformat the old drives and start from scratch There are valuable files needed on the drives So I have to find a way to make them work Right now my limited knowledge has run out I hope that someone here has experienced this problem before and can point me towards a solution or at least a link to a site with an answer I did search the forum before posting this question but to no avail Hopefully I have provided enough info without droning on too much Thanks in advance for your help nbsp

Relevancy 51.17%

after I installed the windows 7 x64 beta my internal dvd-rom drive has failed to be recognized. I tried to use my external usb 2.0 cdrw drive and that isn't being recognized either. What is up and how can i fix it?

p.s. i am using a Satellite A215 - S4747 laptop

A:Dvd and cd rom drives not recognized

This is the error message I find:
Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source. (Code 52)

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/2914-dvd-cd-rom-drives-not-recognized.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I have just tried to install a new CRW. Previously I had a CRW and another CD ROM, but I took them both out so that I could get better access to install the new CRW. The problem is that now my PC does not recognize any of the CD drives when I install any of them. I have tried all of them, and they were all working fine.........any ideas on what I need to do?

A:CD drives not recognized

First make sure the cable is plugged into both drives correctly. the red stripe goes to pin 1 on the drives and the motherboard.

Check the jumpers, you can only have one master and one slave on a given ide cable.

Bios, both ide channels enabled and set to auto detect or cdrom.

If that doesn't work change the role of the drives, make the master slave and the slave master, some drives are fussy

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-drives-not-recognized.69276/
Relevancy 51.17%

when i have my NEC ND-2100A and Samsung SH-D162D with kreon firmware connected they are not recognized by windows but if i only have one of the drives connected its recognized by windows.

how do i get both drives to be recognized by windows?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-drives-not-recognized.677223/
Relevancy 51.17%

I have a system with the following characteristics Motherboard - WinFast C MCP Socket Manufacturer WinFast Recognized Not Drives Model C MCP Version FAB Chipset Vendor NVIDIA Chipset Drives Not Recognized Model GeForce Chipset Revision A Southbridge Vendor NVIDIA Southbridge Model nForce MCP Southbridge Revision A BIOS Brand Phoenix Technologies LTD Version PG Date Now having said all that When I try to install a parallel ATA hard drive in any of the positions - channel master slave position or or channel master slave position or it does not get recognized When I go into the BIOS setup and click on the quot identify quot for each drive in turn empty results none is returned However If I try to install a CD DVD drive it gets recognized right away If I try to install a second SATA drive in position for the SATA drives it causes a conflict with the SATA in position whether I have the jumper installed or removed VERY frustrating Anyone have some ideas on how to get the drives installed successfully Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 51.17%

I m having a trouble with my external USB hard drives well a hard drive and an iPod Basically there are problems with the USB ports on my laptop the drives work fine elsewhere When I plug in my iPod I get an error that says Windows can t recognize the device and that its malfunctioning When I plug in my other hard drive it loads albeit slowly and I get a Windows balloon that says it would work faster connected to a USB port Now both of my ports were and both devices worked fine USB not Drives recognized before I recently sent my laptop to IBM for repairs where they did screw up something with the USB already - I USB Drives not recognized was able to get around that problem but they just don t understand the problem I m having here I have already tried uninstalling my Host Controllers and re-installed them automatically by Windows on start-up but it didn t help I searched for USB drivers on the IBM site but all they have is for Windows NT I m running XP Pro I was wondering if anyone knew any way to fix my problem as I d love to use my USB ports again Here s a picture of what I see in my Device Manager nbsp

Relevancy 51.17%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU T4500 @ 2.30GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 3001 Mb
Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family, 1308 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 225052 MB, Free - 154791 MB;
Motherboard: Acer, Aspire 5734Z
Antivirus: Ad-Aware Antivirus, Disabled

my xp computer does not recognize my cd/dvd drives.if I place a cd or dvd in the drive it does not do anything. no sound, picture or text.have tried system restore but did not help. any help appreciated.

A:cd/dvd drives not recognized

my xp computer does not recognize my cd/dvd drivesClick to expand...

1. As above you say my XP computer but your spec says
Microsoft Windows 7 Home PremiumClick to expand...

so which is it please the computer on your TSG spec utility or another computer operating XP

2. Also you say

my cd/dvd drives

so does the computer have more than ONE optical drive and neither are recognised please

3. Is the drive/s shown in device manager.

4. Your AV is shown as Ad-aware is that your main Anti-virus program

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-dvd-drives-not-recognized.1115701/
Relevancy 51.17%

installed hp dvd 840 and sony cdrw. power is good but drives not recognized. jumpers set at primary slave (hp 840) and secondary master (sony) . sony recognized with jumpers set at cs. please advise.

Relevancy 51.17%

I have 2 drives that were working fine and now they have power and can spin the disc but windows doesn't see them. I was in the box trying a new video card, when I tried to install the driver for the card the disc wasn't able to be read by the pc. I tried disconnecting the power and other cable connections from the back of the drive and opening windows, shutting back down and then replugging the cable and power and then rebooting. still no recognize drive. Any ideas???

A:my cd/dvd drives not recognized

Do they appear in Device Manager, perhaps with an error code? If so, try this:

Download CDgone, right click on the downloaded file and choose Extract All, then double-click on cdgone.reg Say "Yes" to the merge question and then reboot. See if the drives have returned. You may have to re-install CD burning applications, since they're the ones that tinker with the filter setting in the registry that caused the drives to disappear.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-cd-dvd-drives-not-recognized.626050/
Relevancy 51.17%

I recently had a problem booting into Windows 2000. I was getting a blue screen. The problem was traced to Norton Security Suite. Once I removed the software my system boots OK but now I have yellow bang on my internal CD/DVD drive (Toshiba SD-C2402) and my external USB CD Writer (TDK CDRW-5210). The message says that the drivers are not working properly. According to Microsoft, neither one of these drives needs a special driver, the native Microsoft driver should work.

I have un-installed and re-installed the drivers repeatedly and that did not help.

The drivers installed are :

CDROM.SYS 5.00.2195.4809
REDBOOK.SYS 5.00.2195.4326
STORPROP.DLL 5.00.2195.4326

Any help is appreciated..

Jack..

Relevancy 50.74%

Good morning everyone am trying to describe my issue as good as possible so please bear with me Two days ago I went into a game of League of Legends a of boot doesn't drives sudden raid are anymore, Win7 all a on the swap to the loading screen I alt tabbed which then caused a bluescreen to happen It gave me the message KERNEL DATA INPAGE ERROR and asked me to check if I have any new hard- or software with the technical information STOP x A x xFFFFFFFFC D xFFFFF x Physical memory dump FAILED with status xc Over the course Win7 doesn't boot anymore, drives are a raid all of a sudden of the Win7 doesn't boot anymore, drives are a raid all of a sudden next days I've had a few bluescreens with the same message ran CHKDSK let it fix something and then had three following popups from Marvell Event Message WARNING Physical disk is plugged out INFO Physical disk is Win7 doesn't boot anymore, drives are a raid all of a sudden plugged in WARNING Physical disk is plugged out A restart solved the issue windows wanted to do an update which is fine by me however when it tried to restart it couldn't boot the OS A look into the BIOS gave me some insight on what happened It can still find both my SSD and my HDD however all of a sudden they're in a raid At first I was able to select the RAID as a boot priority but later on even that option vanished leaving me with only the following three as boot options Removable Dev USB TDK TF My USB stick with the windows ISO ATAPI CD-ROM My question is the following Is it the Raid that appeared all of a sudden Can I somehow undo it Are my drives damaged Because they do show up when I start up my PC I have uploaded the relevant images here picsurge com - Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated if you need any additional information feel free to drop me a message here

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/395053-win7-doesnt-boot-anymore-drives-raid-all-sudden.html
Relevancy 50.74%

How do i fix this?

I added my specs, just in case it helps. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate , 32 bit
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) XP 3200+, x86 Family 6 Model 10 Stepping 0
Processor Count: 1
RAM: 447 Mb
Graphics Card: Standard VGA Graphics Adapter, 2 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 76216 MB, Free - 64321 MB;
Motherboard: ASUSTek Computer INC., Kelut , 2.02, MB-1234567890
Antivirus: ESET NOD32 Antivirus 4.2, Updated and Enabled

A:My SD Drive doesn't work anymore and one of my usb drives wont read.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-sd-drive-doesnt-work-anymore-and-one-of-my-usb-drives-wont-read.971832/
Relevancy 50.74%

In win 8.1, USB drives are not recognized . When a USB drive is plugged in, the following language appears in the General tab in the yellow triangled item "USB Mass Storage Devices" which is under "USB Controllers" in Device Manager:

"Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware because a previous instance of the device driver is still in memory. (Code 38)
The driver could not be loaded because a previous version of the driver is still in memory."

I have uninstalled every item under "USB Controllers" and restarted my computer each time.

Any help resolving this problem appreciated. And - I have not yet upgraded to Win 10. Would the 10 upgrade solve the problem or would it just be carried over into Win 10?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/code-38-usb-drives-not-recognized.1163826/
Relevancy 50.74%

I came home from class one evening to find the POST screen on my monitor and recognized Hard not drives quot drive not found insert system disk and press enter quot waiting for me I restarted the system a few times and tried to run it in safe mode but it would not work I decided to buy a new hard drive GB and install it and transfer all the documents from the old drive to the new The problem is that the BIOS does not detect the drive the utility cd Hard drives not recognized that came with the drive does not detect the drive and I cannot use my OS restore cd because there is not a drive detected to save it to I have made sure the jumpers and cables are properly set the power supply cables are in place and have even changed the cable connecting the MB to the new drive The system will detect the secondary drives not the primary ones This is very frustrating The system was running fine before I left for class and when I returned it was it this sorry state Does this sound like a BIOS upgrade problem A MB problem I appreciate all help thank you Theresa nbsp

A:Hard drives not recognized

ok. let me get this right. only your Master IDE devices are not showing up.

First question. have you tried jumper settings, setting all IDE drives to cable select.

Second, how many IDE devices do you have connected?

Third, umm is the new hdd an IDE device, or SATA, most IDE hard drives do not come with an install/drivers cd...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hard-drives-not-recognized.31622/
Relevancy 50.74%

I am trying to fix an older computer It came with hard drives both G a Seagate and a Samsung AOpen motherboard Pentium GHz G RAM Looks like the previous owner had problems with it and was cloning one drive to the other NOT RECOGNIZED DRIVES HARD etc Found a pill bottle with a few jumpers inside the case And an HARD DRIVES NOT RECOGNIZED envelope stuffed HARD DRIVES NOT RECOGNIZED with notes on various repair efforts I managed to get the Seagate working it boots loaded with XP Pro SP It showed in bios as the primary master was jumpered to master but plugged into the middle socket on the cable an connector The Samsung was plugged into the end socket jumpered to slave and showed in bios as primary slave none My computer showed a C and a D drive D was unformatted Cute partition software showed the D drive samsung as having partitions G and mb I started to experience some hangs and some crashes to black I tried running GMER but the scan would stall out Not crash Just stop at some point I tried booting in safe mode and after much head-scratching determined that USB keyboard would not access bios or boot options ps unit worked Ran malwarebytes scan in safe mode it crashed Now the fun part I formatted Seagate did a fresh install of XP Pro and updated to SP Then tried to figure out the Samsung I tried every configuration of jumpers and plugs Seagate with OS will only boot from the middle socket of the cable gray with jumper set to master But I can get the bios to see the Samsung from either socket always shows as slave regardless of socket or jumper setting Seagate is not seen by bios when plugged into the end black socket When both drives were jumpered to cable select bios recognized the Samsung on end socket But Seagate on middle socket only registered a single left bracket didn t say quot none quot But I could click on the drive after cursing above and below and some of the drive properties were accurately displayed Needless to say I am very confused by all this The system will work with Seagate OS drive plugged into the middle socket Once I swapped out the IDE cable for an older connector and once I saw both drives and another partition in my computer The Samsug has partitions just as Cute said One is about G and the other mb There were readable files and folders on the larger partition and nothing in the mb I never saw this again after a reboot it reverted to showing only a C and a D drive in my computer The D drive being quot unformatted quot Any ideas appreciated Is it a bios flaw IDE controller Thanks

A:HARD DRIVES NOT RECOGNIZED

Ran malwarebytes scan in safe mode, it crashed.Just a quick FYI -Always try to run a Quick scan only and try it from Normal mode. Infections are often hidden in Safe mode.Have you noted any Antivirus program running in real time yet ( you do not say) as Malwarebytes is not an Antivirus program -Thank You -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/454207/hard-drives-not-recognized/
Relevancy 50.74%

trying to reinstall windows xp and on reboot got two beeps on post and computer didn't recognize any drives optical or hard drive? Please help me fix

Relevancy 50.74%

i built my own computer and all went well at first. i installed OEM XP Pro 64
bit on the RAID 0 configured hard drives (2).
everything worked great, but i could not find drivers for my 32 bit hardware
such as Linksys wirelass cards
so i decided to buy the 32 bit version of XP Pro. i tried installing the 32
bit version of XP Pro but now the Windows setup stops and reports that it
cannot continue because it cannot detect a hard drive.
i cant boot up to the 64 bit version that was there either
the bios does recognizr both drives and the RAID configuration

please help

Relevancy 50.74%

My hard drive is starting to make those quot I m about to die quot clicking noises Before death occurs I wanted to transfer my data to a new hard drive and get some practice installing a RAID I have a HP card SATA II card and WD SATA hard drives The computer recognized the card and I intalled the drivers for the card but the hard drives are not seen I have switched Drives Recognized not Hard out cables and power connectors to no avail The hard drives are warm so it appears they are getting power Somehow the card and the computer are not seeing them I looked up on WD and these drives come Hard Drives not Recognized either with or without jumpers Mine came without jumpers I am tempted to jumper the drives and see if WD made a mistake in shipping them I am booting up on my current hard drive in XP My system is fairly old and I wanted to get some practice building a RAID before I build a new system next year MB Intel PEBT Intel processor gig RAM power supply I appreciate any thoughts nbsp

A:Hard Drives not Recognized

Sata drives do not have jumpers...Right click My Computer, choose "Manage" and then disk management and then partition and format the drives there. or are you trying to get the drives seen to install Windows? if so you may need to push f6 and install sata driver when promted for many older chipsets.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hard-drives-not-recognized.605410/
Relevancy 50.74%

The desktop computer has a CD/DVD drive and a CD/RW drive that are not recognized on bootup. The 3-1/2 inch floppy drive and C-drive are recognized. What is the solution to the problem? I don't get an error message, but the CD/RW drive light flashes continuously immediately upon turning on power to the CPU. The computer boots up, but "My Computer" does not show either of the CD drives and the drives cannot be used. If I do a "Shutdown" and "Restart" of the computer, the two CD drives are usually recognized. Sometimes I have to reboot a couple of times for the CD drives to be recognized.

My computer is a Gateway Performance 1700 with 1 GB of ram. It is running Windows XP home.

Any help will be appreciated.

Relevancy 50.74%

Hi,

I currently have three DVDrom drives in my PC (actually 4, but I had to disconnect one of them because I connected an extra hard rive and I ran out of SATA connections on the motherboard).
All three of them are working in terms of they open and light up when I hit the eject button.
But only two of them are recognized in my Win7. I noticed this when I tried to rip a few audio CDs into iTunes, when only two of the drives actually worked for this.

Do you guys have any idea what I can do to fix this?

Another (somewhat related question): how can I connect more STA devices if I miss one SATA connection on my motherboard? are there things like SATA extensions I could use for this? Or is this simply not possible and I have to live with the amount of SATA connectors on my motherboard?

thanks,
Lars

http://www.techist.com/forums/f77/not-all-my-dvd-drives-recognized-win7-278084/
Relevancy 50.74%

Could not open I-tunes. Error said some files missing. Downloaded I-tunes again. After installing I-tunes neither Optical drive (DVD burners) was recognized.

A:Optical drives not recognized.

have you tried uninstalling i-tunes?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/optical-drives-not-recognized.792214/
Relevancy 50.74%

I installed two hard drives on my machine. None of them can be recognize. Well the thing is that I had one installed with an operation system and I wanted to add another one. Since the second one wasn't recognized I started to play around with the Bios Setup (meaning that am unexperienced but had a little idea) and messed-up my hard drive that was working good. Now I have two unrecognized hard drives instead of one. What should I do now? how do I make it to read my hard drives? Help please my knowlage is very limited on this

A:2 hard drives non-recognized

Are they IDE , SATA, or SCSI? Most likely IDE (long gray wide ribbon cable) or SATA (small little cable with 'L' shaped end fitting) ? If they are IDE, chances are you need to set your jumpers properly. To set the jumpers, you have to pull out the drive and look at the area where you plug in the power cable. You should see a set of 8 or so pins. Then you have 2 options:
Put them both on CS (Cable Select) and then .. I could be wrong, but I think the middle attachment is 0 (first) and the end of the cable is 1 (second)
or
Set the C:\ drive to Master jumper, and the second drive to Slave jumper.
If you look at your drives and dont see any identification as to which pins do what. Go to the OEM and they should have detailed pin layouts. As for SATA, I think they usualy just find each other automaticly anyway. If its SCSI, sorry I wont be of much help. Im too poor to afford it lol Good luck!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/2-hard-drives-non-recognized.683288/
Relevancy 50.74%

Both the DVD drive on my laptop Philips CDRW DVD CDD and my external burner Lacie DVD RW ND- A stopped recognizing DVDs today Both still play audio CDs fine but when I put a DVD in either drive it spins a few times and nothing happens If I open quot My Computer quot with a DVD in the drive the My Computer window opens but shows no information for any drives Then my system crashes and I have to re-boot I drives. not DVDs recognized by ve tried re-installing software drivers for both DVD drives and re-installed Windows Media Player and WINDVD No fix I also ran Microsoft s AutoFix program supposed to fix AutoPlay issues with a DVD in the drive and I got the folowing results Test Policies - Instance E Drive Type Result HKCU Policies NoDrives OK Absent Result HKCU Policies NoDriveAutorun OK Absent Result HKCU Policies NoDriveTypeAutorun OK Present Result HKLM Policies NoDrives OK Absent Result HKLM Policies NoDriveAutorun OK Absent Result HKLM Policies NoDriveTypeAutorun OK Absent Result Driver level policies OK HKLM Services cdrom Autorun Present lt Allows gt HKLM Services cdrom DVDs not recognized by drives. Parameters Autorun Absent lt Allows gt HKLM System CCS Enum AlwaysEnable Absent lt Not DVDs not recognized by drives. set gt HKLM System CCS Enum AlwaysDisable Absent lt Not set gt Test Drive Notification - Instance E Drive Type Result Legacy Notification OK Result AutoPlay DVDs not recognized by drives. V Notification Problems Service Silent Shell Deaf gt gt Repair lt lt Autoplay V Event Step No steps to take Result This AutoPlay setting cannot be fixed Either the device is malfunctioning or the wizard cannot determine the problem gt gt Required action The wizard found problems but cannot fix them - gt None I m out of ideas and this is very frustrating Can anyone else think of anything I haven t tried Thanks System Information txt file attached nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvds-not-recognized-by-drives.453336/
Relevancy 50.74%

I have two flash drives I use in my work servicing computers and networks, an 8-Gig SuperTalent and a 16-Gig Transcend. They both work on most systems; but, I will occasionally run into a system that will see the 8 and not the 16.

At first, I thought it was something to do with the difference between USB 1.1 and USB 2.0; but, I have determined the problem exists on some USB 2.0 systems, also.

This anomaly has been observed over a period of months and on scores of machines and I have determined the flash drives are in good working order.

Any thoughts on this?

A:Some flash drives recognized and some not

Could it be a difference in OS and/or whatever level of updates the PC has? hmm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/some-flash-drives-recognized-and-some-not.739740/
Relevancy 50.74%

HELP! I have reviewed several fixes on this site regarding this issue. I have tried them all (except the XPRepair) and none seem to correct my problem. The FIXCD.REG suggested by Triple6 doesn't seem to change my Registry. Am I doing it correctly? I am running WinXP on a Gateway GM5088.

I have also pulled and reinstalled the drives, cables are good and power is to the drives.

Also, I have looked in the BIOS, but I don't know how to tell if the drives are correctly listed there.

Help would be greatly appreciated!

JSawyer

Relevancy 50.74%

Some how my disk drives have "disappeared." With disks in either drive I am unable to "explore" or open them. I went to control panel and it says that drives are working OK. When I get a pop up message it says to "insert disk". No recent changes or installations on my computer. I feel like it is a software setting...............

Thanks

Bill

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-dvd-cd-drives-arent-recognized.769993/
Relevancy 50.74%

I m having this problem with my sata dvd drives I have a d xbx motherboard and the way the IDE port is set up is that its built through a bridge This bridge is very well known to break and cause not being Drives Sata recognized the IDE to not be recognized Big Woop So I bought some SATA dvd drives to replace my IDE drives I plugged them Sata Drives not being recognized in and nothing They don t show up in my computer I immediately went to the device manager and saw that they are indeed recognized as DVD drives but the error is quot A driver service for this device has been disabled An alternate driver may be providing this functionality Code Click Check for solutions to send data about this device to Microsoft and to see if there is a solution available quot I thought it was something to do with the firmware but the new drives I bought give me the same error I ve tried different cables and I Sata Drives not being recognized ve tried different ports Is it my mobo this is the rd mobo I ve had to RMA if it is and I am considering getting a new one For the record I am running Vista bit PLEASE Any help EDIT Also I am able to boot from a disk So I tried reformatting thinking that it was vista screwing with me But after I started running the disk it told me that it couldn t find the required drive with the drivers So its able to boot from the drive but it still can t read anything on it or something This is so confusing I have no idea what is going on nbsp

Relevancy 50.74%

Hi,

Here is the problem. I left for vacation with a working computer. I come home and have a problem with my CD drives. 1-DVD/CD drive and 2-CD-RW drive both are not recognized by the computer. They are not listed in "my computer," don't work, and doesn't show up in Media Player.

Known:
1- The both light up and spin when a CD is inserted.
2- Device manager shows a error 19 on both drives.
3- Tried the Microsoft sloution dealing with deleting the upper/lower class in the registry.
4- At one point, I got the same code 19 error for my secondary IDE Controller, but haven't seen it again.

So...
Any other suggestions to help out this problem?

Relevancy 50.74%

I recently re-installed a fresh copy of Windows XP Pro because of a patched user32 virus that caused me problems (it seems to be gone now since the re-install).

But now since I re-installed Windows XP, my dvd and cd drives don't show up in Windows. In BIOS they are recognized as ch.0 master and ch.0 slave drives. But in Windows they're not there in My Computer or Device Manager. I pop in a disc and it spins around but nothing happens.

Does anyone know what's wrong? I know it's not jumper cable problems because they worked fine before the re-install.

I don't have Service Pack 2 yet because I wanted to wait until I could back up my files on DVD before I upgraded, but since I can't burn or use my drives I don't want to take the risk yet.

Any ideas of what could be wrong? Thanks.

A:CD and DVD drives not recognized in Windows

Download the following: SpeccyGo to File then Publish Snap Shot and provide us the link.It will show us your system specs.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/323814/cd-and-dvd-drives-not-recognized-in-windows/
Relevancy 50.74%

I m helping a friend whose computer won t recognize either of the cd drives The error message that I get points to a registry error I am unfamiliar with XP being that I still have a running Win Also the machine is very sluggish I plan to remove several of the running processes Any ideas Thanks CFLageer Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer Solved: not recognized Drives CD v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System Solved: CD Drives not recognized smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccProxy exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Norton Internet Security ISSVC exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files Softex OmniPass Omniserv exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C Program Files Softex OmniPass OPXPApp exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS SoftwareDistribution Download e d e b dec e d eb update update exe C windows system hpsysdrv exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system ps exe C program files support com bin tgcmd exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C program files support com bin tgshell exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Yahoo browser ybrwicon exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C PROGRA Yahoo browser ycommon exe C Program Files eFax Messenger Plus J GDllCmd exe C Program Files eFax Messenger Plus J GTray exe C Program Files eFax Messenger Plus HotTray exe C Program Files eFax Messenger Plus Dllcmd exe C Program Files Common Files NewsCenter NOW TrueWeather exe C Program Files Updates from HP Program BackWeb- exe C Program Files WinZip WZQKPICK EXE C Program Files interMute SpamSubtract SpamSubtract exe C Program Files Yahoo browser ybrowser exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate AUpdate exe C Documents and Settings Owner Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http us hpwis com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http srch-us hpwis com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http red clientapps yahoo com cus sbcydsl http www yahoo com search ie html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http red clientapps yahoo com customize ie defaults sp sbcydsl http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http yahoo sbc com dsl R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http yahoo sbc com dsl R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http red clientapps yahoo com customize ie defaults su sbcydsl http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http red clientapps yahoo com cus sbcydsl http www yahoo com search ie html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http red clientapps yahoo com customize ie defaults sp sbcydsl http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http yahoo sbc com dsl R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http ms mysearch com sa srchlft html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http red clientapps yahoo com customize ie defaults su sbcydsl http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft I... Read more

Relevancy 50.74%

I have a Dell Demension 8300 (Windows XP). I was getting an error that the battery was low. I replaced it and now my DVD drives are not being recognized in either BIOS or in the OS at all. The drives have power and open and close and seem to be spinning but the computer is not recognizing them.

I am wondering if this is a problem in BIOS since i replaced the battery, or maybe if the cable needs replacing. The DVD drives worked fine before I replaced the battery. Could this just be coincidence that the cable went bad too?

I would appreciate any help with this.

A:My DVD drives are not being recognized by BIOS or OS

Just to cover this base, make sure the data cable didn't come loose while you were changing the battery.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-dvd-drives-are-not-being-recognized-by-bios-or-os.128675/
Relevancy 50.74%

I purchased a new DVD burner from newegg Code http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E After installing it I turn on my computer and I go to my computer and my new dvd burner and my previous LG GSA-H L dvd burner arent recognized they both power on fine and the trays open and close but neither of them are recognized I have no idea what the problem is althought I did a bit of reasearch on google and somethings said stuff about registry files Can anyone explain what the problem is and Solved: not drives recognized DVD how to solve it I have tried rebooting my computer several times I have assured that the E-IDE Cables are plugged in properly to both the drives and the motherboard Also note that my LG DVD Burner use to work fine until I plugged in my new Samsung drive Problem solved I took off this white clip and switched it to a slave or something like that Google has saved me yet again nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-dvd-drives-not-recognized.627674/
Relevancy 50.74%

I have a hp media center pc 873n w/windows XP it's about 3 years old. I will try to explain this the best I can. When I put a CD media disk ( photos or music) into either my CD or CD/DVD drive, my drives do not start automatically like they used too. I have to go to "My Computer" and click on the drive to find what is on the CD. I have gone in and right clicked on each driver into Properties "Auto Play" and tried different settings with no success. I have also noticed that at time while clicking from one program to another my computer attempts to recognize the CD. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-dvd-drives-are-not-being-recognized-automatically.431887/
Relevancy 50.74%

I recently had a problem with my main hard drive which I tried to correct by switching the cables between the primary and secondary hard drives in an attempt to be able to boot from the secondary one. This failed and I switched the cables back. Then the computer no longer recognized either hard drive or the cdrom drive. Please help.

Relevancy 50.74%

I have not one, but two USB flash drives that my PC will not recognize. It recognized them, automatically assigned a new drive letter, etc. when I first tried them, but nada ever since. No lights on the drive, no sounds, no error messages, NOTHING.

I am not computer illiterate and have tried everything I know, but nothing works. I have tried installing new hardware, rebooting after plugging them in, and so on. I have tried them both in three different USB ports that I KNOW are functional. Zip!

Help anyone?

Thanks,

Ken

Relevancy 50.74%

I have a laptop Toshiba Qosmio G30-140 with two hard drives.
One with Windows 7 and the other with Windows XP.
The system allows to boot the 1st or the 2nd.

To speed up the system got two disks Samsung SSD 830 Series
model: MZ - 7PC256.
The BIOS (ACPI BIOS version = 3.90), do not have the option and I AHCI I adopted
the 1RAID-0.
In this option, the discs work independently.
They are working well, but the application "Samsung SSD Magician", does not recognize
no SSD.

I'm afraid you are not working in the best conditions and that could have
better yield.
Thanks to help me figure out what is not right here and can improve performance with SSD Magician.
Thanks

A:Qosmio G30 - SSD drives are not recognized

Hi

I don?t use this Samsung SSD Magician software but some people in the net reported that there is a new version of this utility furthermore many people have problems using this software and this issue does not seems to depend on notebook but possible on the SSD drive.

As far as I know there are other tools like Driver Magician or SSD Tweaker which do the similar jobs like Samsung SSD Magician

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?69925-Qosmio-G30-SSD-drives-are-not-recognized
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi,

I have a Dell Dimension 2400 with multiple USB ports. None of the ports recognize any flash drive I plug in: Cosair, Cruzer, etc. I went into disk management and there was no recognition of the drives there. In device manager under USB controllers it shows the USB 2.0 to be enhanced, thus it is working. At the bottom of that list it will show the name of the flash drive. I clicked on properties and it says the device is not confgured correctly as though it is missing a driver. I never got a driver with any flash drive before, they are simply plug in and use. They plug in to my three other computers and work immediately. What could the problem be?

A:Flash Drives Not Recognized

please do not doublepost > http://forums.techguy.org/hardware/1018490-flash-drive-not-recognized.html use this

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/flash-drives-not-recognized.1018491/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello Tech Support Guy Forums I m new Drives or not DVD/CD being detected recognized here I have been seeking help everywhere on this issue I have tried all those registry fixes and other common fixes out there Nothing has worked for me Computer Specs ASUS A N Sli Premium Athlon Nvidia - e Phoenix - AwardBIOS v PG Windows XP SP Build So I had my system running fine for about months or so Win and XP dual boot One day XP decided not to load anymore after a few attempts to get on it I decided to do a system startup repair DVD/CD Drives not being detected or recognized and then a system restore on Win Since then my DVD RW Drives have stopped working I have tested several IDE Cables and several different drives that I have also tested on other machines to make sure all components are in fact working Not one would work on my Win The problem then would be they show up on the devices but wont read anything Then after several attemps to fix it they began to show up as BD-Roms No matter what drive I d test they d all show up as BD-Roms and none of them would read anything After many failed attempts to fix it on Win I decided to use a flash drive to DVD/CD Drives not being detected or recognized format it with Win XP Now I am on DVD/CD Drives not being detected or recognized Win XP and none of these drives show up at all Not on the device manager nowhere Again they all work they power up they have been tested on another machine They simply don t work on this machine since all this has happened No matter what IDE Drive combo I use I have tried several fixes all those registry filter fixes I have tried every chipset driver available I have cleared my bios I have tried the repairs back in Win when they were at least showing up on the device manager Now I m as puzzled as ever I would appreciate any help in the matter Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 50.74%

If I didn t see this myself I would not believe it I have a Dell Dimension running WinXP For the past years I ve had installed an NEC CD-RW burner and an Atapi DVD burner They re both served by the same IDE ribbon cable from the motherboard and both are set to CS They worked together fine allowing me to burn single discs or to easily copy discs Aside from using these drives I touched nothing But today I discovered that only the NEC was being recognized I thought recognized not Solved: Drives a reboot would cure this oddity but it didn t If I disconnect one of the drives the other shows up and is usable But if both are connected only the one at the end of the ribbon cable is detected I ve tried different ribbon cables but get the same result What could have happened to cause this And how can I cure it If this had happened after I monkeyed around with the computer I could understand that But it happened all by itself Any help will be appreciated Thanks nbsp