Windows Support Forum

Is EVGA GTX 650 2 GB worth it?

Q: Is EVGA GTX 650 2 GB worth it?

Hi, I am planing to build a custom budget gamning PC.
Is this GPU( gtx 650 2 gb) or this ( gtx 650 2 gb) really worth it and does it fits to this:

AMD Athlon X4 760K-CPU
Corsair Vengeance 1600 Mhz 4 or 8 GB-RAM
Corsair CX430-PSU
NZXT Source 210-CASE
WD Caviar Blue 500 GB-HDD
Sorry for my english.
Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Is EVGA GTX 650 2 GB worth it?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Is EVGA GTX 650 2 GB worth it?

Do you have a budget for how much you can spend on the Video Card itself? I would suggest shopping around because Amazon doesn't always have the best deals. Depending on where you are located, you could find some really sweet deals. Spending another $10 you can get an EVGA GeForce GTX 750 Ti Superclocked 2GB ( ) or for the same price as GTX 650 you can get a PNY GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB ( ). I'm not saying you have to buy either of those cards, just showing you that you have options. You could also go with an AMD video card if you wanted to. Let us know how much you can spend (on either just the Video Card or the whole system) and we can help you out.
Also, looking at the specs you included, it looks like you have a decent plan for the build. I would suggest getting 8GB of Ram, not just 4GB. If you want to game on it, then 8GB is pretty much the "safe zone" for gaming.
Relevancy 31.82%

My current spec is:

Intel Core duo 2 quad @ 2.4 GHz
305w psu
AMD 7770 gfx card
4 GB ddr2 ram
64 bit win 7 home prem.

I mostly play WoW and other mmo's... I rarely (and wouldnt be too bothered if I couldn't play them till next upgrade) play games with super high requirements like battlefield, gta etc and have the option to upgrade my graphics card to a 750 ti tomorrow (can get a new psu if needed).

or should I wait till next week and get a I5 + new motherboard and ram + keep my gfx card... link to exact model -

How would gaming be on a machine with the specs of:

Intel core duo 2 quad 2.4 GHZ
GTX 750 TI
4GB ddr2 ram
Relevancy 32.25%

Hi all. Simple question.
Would a Intel Q9550 Quad core CPU be worth the $100(AUD) I can get one for, over my current CPU?
I know my rigs old but shes all ive got for now until I built one from scratch in about 2 years time.
Uses are web,email, gaming, some photo editing, storing/opening manuals/catalogues and some 3D work such as google sketch ect....Any/all help appreciated.
Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit SP1
Intel Core 2 Duo E7500 @ 2.93GHz
4.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 533MHz (7-7-7-20)
ASUSTeK Computer INC. P5G41T-M LX (LGA775)
VS248 ([email protected])
1024MB ATI AMD Radeon HD 5700 Series (XFX Pine Group)
ASUS Xonar DGX Audio Device
PSU Silverstone 500w SST-ST50F-230

A:Intel Q9550 worth $100 (AUD)?

The Q9550 is still a solid quad core CPU, especially in comparison to the E7500 which is a bit anaemic thanks to its 3MB L2 cache (the Q9550 of course is blessed with 12MB). If completion time is a priority for content creation then it does represent a decent upgrade for your system.

I wouldn't recommend any overclocking adventures with that board though. While virtually any Q9550 (especially the E0 revision) runs at 400 FSB ( 3.4GHz) or better with anything above the stock cooler, the power draw goes up fairly markedly also, so stability is very dependant upon the voltage regulation of the board and the PSU's capacity.
Relevancy 32.68%

all the parts etc will they last ? I wont be doing hardcore like using it all the time but I do want top of the line stuff. I don't mind prices at all. I like to pay for stuff thats worth it.

What could I edit in this build to to make it either better bang for its buck and better for performance?

I want to play all games at ultra and I want to be able to not upgrade anything for a couple years or so.
I mainly will be playing old games like modding GTA IV etc...

A:Is this build worth it?

Surprised no one has responded to this yet.
Without knowing what games you might eventually get, its hard to build a computer that can play "ultra" setting. Games being released now are requiring better (if not top of the line - depending on the game) components.
If you were to use the existing setup that you have linked, I would suggest changing a couple things:
The RAM is rated at 1.6V and the motherboard is 1.5V. This is a small issue, but you should try to make sure that it is the same voltage. Makes for less "headaches" while trying to setup the computer. I would also suggest with the RAM - go 16GB (2x8GB) instead of 8GB (2x4GB). 8GB is the norm for gaming now, but who knows in the future. Better to get it now and out of the way, if you can afford it.
I would suggest getting a 800W (or higher) Power Supply instead of the 600W you have listed. This way "if" you do decide to get a different (or add a second) video card, you will have plenty of power to supply to it.
Last thing is you did not include a case to house all of these parts. I would suggest something that has "breathing" room. Get a case that you can add in a couple case fans to create proper air circulation and help eliminate heat buildup.
This is all just my opinion though, so take it as you want. But if you really want to "future proof" as much as possible, my suggestions would help a good deal with doing so.
Let us know what you end up deciding and ultimately come out with when (and if) you build this computer.
Relevancy 33.11%

Hi all I currently regrettably own a hp pavilion t and I m trying to make the thing last a while I do a lot of gaming and have since upgraded the PSU to a corsair w along with adding in an nvidia TI At this point I feel like the processor might be showing its age With the limited cooling GPU stays cool under load but is not going to handle any OCing and the limited MOBO functionality OCing my beloved i is very likely out of the picture to it 950 worth Is me? i7 an My question will the board support an i or Same socket and memory type along with still being X or will the bios limitations of my motherboard make that a moot point Additionally do you think there are any real performance gains to be had with an upgrade such as this Am I coming at it all wrong My main goals are to run The Witcher and Dragon Age Inquisition at reasonable settings on p i s can be had for around - so Is an i7 950 worth it to me? I m not sure how much better they Is an i7 950 worth it to me? perform in gaming with albeit slightly higher clock speed Should I just save for a new build I ll never buy off the shelf again Thanks nbsp

A:Is an i7 950 worth it to me?

Motherboard Specifications, IPMTB-TK (Truckee) HP Pavilion Elite e9150t CTO Desktop PC | HP Support

This might help you out. In the long run saving for a new build. Would be the better choice. Retail computers are not much for upgrading. Most as you no are very limited.
Relevancy 32.25%

I just got an old GPU, Club 3D GeForce GT220 (CGNX-G222YLI) so I was wondering that is it worth using this as a dedicated physex GPU and if it is then how should I do that?

Just to save your time I'll add my system specs here:
CPU: Intel i7-920 @3GHz
PSU: Chieftec 750W

A:Dedicated GPU for physex, is it worth it?

Well first of all naturally you cannot put an AMD GPU and an Nvidia GPU together and use the Physx (Well dedicate it to the GPU). Nvidia disables that technology when it detects an AMD card (as the primary) and you can only use the CPU bound version.

Now then, you can do something called Hybrid PhysX which uses a mod and old driver that allows this idea (AMD main GPU and Nvidia PhysX GPU) to work.

Hybrid PhysX
Relevancy 31.82%

I'm considering the upgrade above. The problem is all the reviews on both coolers were made with different cpus at different overclocking settings. I even tried to narrow the comparisons to a common denominator, like the intel stock cooler, which is sometimes present in most reviews, but even then, different cpus were used, making the info not that reliable. After some reading, I understood that the H60 is more silent and, obviously, occupies much less space, win-win situation. But regarding the performance, the info is rather cloudy.

Does anyone know anything on the subject?

A:CM Hyper 212 Plus to Corsair H60 - worth the upgrade?

Alpha Gamer said:

I'm considering the upgrade above. The problem is all the reviews on both coolers were made with different cpus at different overclocking settings. I even tried to narrow the comparisons to a common denominator, like the intel stock cooler, which is sometimes present in most reviews, but even then, different cpus were used, making the info not that reliable. After some reading, I understood that the H60 is more silent and, obviously, occupies much less space, win-win situation. But regarding the performance, the info is rather cloudy.

Does anyone know anything on the subject?Click to expand...

Personally I have played with H60's and Hyper212's and they both offer very similar performance. I would not count that as a worth upgrade except if you want a more silent system because the Hyper212 is already such an excellent air cooler and the H60 is kinda a low end liquid cooler.

Based on my experience, the same clock on the same chip result in the H60 (The only time I tested something like this was on a Phenom II X6 1100T at 4.0ghz) being a tad bit more silent, but the overclocking headroom remains the same for the most part (Within margin of error).

If you really want to move to Liquid cooling or upgrade for better clocks and a more silent system. Either an H80 style cooler or H100i (Or a likes AIO Liquid cooler) would be the best solution to go from a Hyper212.
Relevancy 32.25%

I'm planning on getting Gigabyte GTX 750 Ti, the problem is I got a pc for like 2006 and it's a dual core 2.60 ghz at 2.80 overclocked, ati hd radeon 4650, 2g kingston ddr3 ram.

is it worth getting with this pc or do I need a better one? I mainly play WoW, will this card enable me ultra graphics and shadows, or will the cpu slow me down?

will I also be able to have max multisample

thanks guys

With this settings I can get 60fps when alone questing with low ground radius and low view distance and low shadow, the rest can go max, but multisampling just on x2 makes it really slow

If not which one is recommended for a more independent gpu experience. my wow runs fairly well with max textures at what I have now, will the improvement be worth?

A:Gigabyte GTX 750 Ti, is it worth getting under my situation?

Did you buy your PC as a whole unit or did you build it (or have it built)? Are you running a 32 bit or 64 bit Operating System? What is your wattage rating on the Power Supply? If this was a computer you bought, what is the Make and Model?
Just trying to get more information about your current computer so we can make a better judgment. I could say that yes the card would better your performance, but I would also suggest other things first. Like adding more RAM (2GB is just not enough for modern games). Possibly replacing the CPU with one that is better suited for your needs (if the motherboard can handle it). Also with adding a Video card of that class, you will most likely have to replace the power supply, depending on what it is rated.
But I'm getting ahead of myself, lets get more information from you to start.
Relevancy 35.69%

EVGA SuperClocked 03G-P4-2666-KR GeForce GTX 660 3GB 192-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP
is this a good enough step up to play battle field 4 at a high level?
low on cash but this card I found seems to have what I need plus maybe a few yrs in it before a upgrade is needed. any input would be appreciated.
reason I ask is I have a day to cancel and get something else but I am not real good with computers. I am running a phenom quad core with 4 gigs of ram on win 7 ultimate and a 600 watt power supply and 1t hard drive

A:EVGA SuperClocked 03G-P4-2666-KR GeForce GTX 660 3GB 192-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP

This should answer your question. The GTX 660 has 30FPS with ultra quality at 1680x1050. Lowering the quality settings to high, raised the frame rate to nearly 50FPS.

Final Thought:

If you can live with high settings however, you'll boost your frame rates by around 60%, sometimes as much as 80%, which is enough to make the GTX 660 and HD 7850 practical options. ...
Fortunately, there's less to consider when choosing a processor -- just make sure you have a quad-core chip. It doesn't even have to be a new one, as even the Core i7-920 and Phenom II X4 980 took care of business. ...Click to expand...

Side note:

As was the case with Battlefield 3, as long as your processor has four cores/threads, it shouldn't have a problem in EA's latest shooter. The only processors to struggle were the dual-core AMD Phenom and Athlon CPUs, while the game can utilize up to eight threads if your chip has them on tap.Click to expand...

Another improvement would be to get 8GB memory. In my opinion 4GB is boarder-line to being sufficient.
Relevancy 37.41%

PSU issue I think

heres what it is when I first installed this card (had a 500w antec psu) the comp was fine till I played diablo and poof shut off the comp via psu , so decide to get a thermaltake 2 600w and hook tht up now ot plays for a longer time
but does the same thing,I took the card back and got a new one of the same
same thing happens , so I decided to try a different approach and I have a psu I modded for xbox 360 tht is wired to stay on and I ran the card powered by tht and was able to play for hours and only 2 times it shut that psu off suggestions or now a psu tht doesnt get fooled so easy or what is really going thank you

A:PSU issue with evga gtx 660 superclocked

If you got a different video card and a different PSU, chances are there is something else wrong unless you got very unlucky and got another bad part from one of the two things swapped out.
My guess would be one of the following just from one you said:
The new PSU is bad as well
The CPU is overheating and shutting off
GPU could be overheating and shutting off (Though this is unlikely)
Those are just a few things to check, I would go into the bios and see what temp the CPU is running at while in there and decide if its running above what it should be. If that's not the issue I would try returning the PSU for a different one and see if that fixes the issue. Though the fact that the machine shuts off with 3 different PSU's points to a different part being an issue.
Relevancy 32.68%

Ok guys. I am planning to build a system(of course a PC)and I really wanth to know is it worth it, I want to hear your oppinions.
CPU-AMD Athlon X4 760K
RAM-Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz
HDD-500GB WD Caviar Blue
PSU-Corsair CX430
Case-I am still thinking about it, maybe Cooler Master K280
I am curious are these parts all compatible and can I run Battlefield 3 on ultra with this?
Thanks guys.

A:Is this system worth it?

ace2001 said:

Ok guys. I am planning to build a system(of course a PC)and I really wanth to know is it worth it, I want to hear your oppinions.
CPU-AMD Athlon X4 760K
RAM-Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz
HDD-500GB WD Caviar Blue
PSU-Corsair CX430
Case-I am still thinking about it, maybe Cooler Master K280
I am curious are these parts all compatible and can I run Battlefield 3 on ultra with this?
Thanks guys. Click to expand...

Well you will not get a smooth 60 FPS on Ultra in BF3 with this system. So I would say no you cannot run it on ultra since at the 1080p realm the card averages above 30FPS on ultra.

If you want a system to run BF3/4 on ultra, might we here your budget so we could help you pick out a better parts list?
Relevancy 32.25%

So im getting a new pc next year and I want to make sure it can play next gen games?!tab:extra

Cooler Master B500, 500W PSU

Intel Core i7-4770 Processor

MSI B85M-E45, Socket-1150

Crucial DDR3 BallistiX Sport 1600MHz 8GB

Gainward GeForce GTX 760 2GB PhysX CUDA

Toshiba Desktop 1TB SATA 3.0

Samsung DVD Writer, SH-224DB

Microsoft Windows 8.1 64-bit

A:Is thic PC worth buying?

I like the PC, but don't know how to interpret the price.
Relevancy 37.41%

I have had this card for a little over 2 years. Now I want to upgrade to something better because I not only game, but hook my computer up to my Sony HDTV for movies and such.
My system Specs:
Intel core i7 960 (3.85 GHz)
18GB RAM (corsair vengeance? forgot)
512GB SSD (OCZ vertex 4)
EVGA GTX 560 TI Superclocked (want to upgrade?)
650w PSU

I am looking at maybe a EVGA GTX 760 Superclocked or around that price range of $250. I do not want to SLI my 560 because I don't think my PSU can handle it and heat issues.

Any suggestions or advice? Thank you guys in advance you are the greatest!!!!!

A:Upgrading from EVGA GTX 560 TI Superclocked

The GTX 760 is a good choice. Other option in that price range would be a HD 7950.

Btw playing movies through a TV doesn't warrant an upgrade since it's not GPU intensive. You should see a nice performance bump when playing graphically demanding games though.
Relevancy 37.84%

Alright so I got a new video card for an old build with a dying video card The new one is an evga GTX non ti non overclocked The problem is upon installing the drivers the PC bluescreens while at the starting windows screen The message says attempt to restart the graphics driver and recover failed or whatever it is along those lines the stop message ix x driver in question is nvlddmkm sys I have eliminated as far as I can tell the possibility of a driver problem I tried driver sweeper once tried two versions of drivers the one on the disc and the latest from online and I simply just uninstalled and reinstalled numerous times Anyway I have eliminated the possibility of drivers im fairly sure and the possibility of a bad motherboard as my GT is working perfectly as I type this on the PC in question Noteably the GT bluescreens 660 Troubleshooting an evga GTX about once a week or so with the same message of driver recovery failed I could not tell you if the stop message is the same if it happens again ill update thread This only happens after a while of gaming or sometimes tabbing in and out of games Temperatures are reasonable not a cause Troubleshooting an evga GTX 660 I might also say that the card DID boot ubuntu live off a USB and display the screen in p quite well It also works fine in safe mode for windows I couldnt get any of the GPU diagnostics tools in ubuntu to work though-most seemed to be unavailable Troubleshooting an evga GTX 660 to download the nvidia drivers didnt like live copy So my question is could the OS itself be the problem Should I attempt to make a small linux partition Or is Troubleshooting an evga GTX 660 it more likely than not just a faulty card Im about done here I just want to know by tommorow if I can send the bloody thing back if it is indeed faulty Specs core quad Q GB ddr w PSU card appears to be working fine on it in terms of fan spinning slight heat generation Intel DG CN example link http compare ebay com like var lv amp ltyp AllFixedPriceItemTypes amp var sbar I know its not a good system to put a gtx on but the rest will be replaced eventually If its relevant my case has more than adequate cooling This is not what I wanted to do upon receiving a new card I wanted to game Please please help and thank you nbsp

A:Troubleshooting an evga GTX 660

The 660 requires a 450W PSU or greater, so you are fine. What OS do you have?
Relevancy 32.25%

I am soon building a small server computer and for this computer, I am getting 2 7200rpm drives. I am going to setup raid 1 for these 2 drives so if one fails, I have the other. I have never used any raid arrays before so I was wondering if it was worth getting a raid card supporting raid 1, or should I just stick with software raid. What are the downsides of using both? Thanks to anyone who helps.

A:Is a raid card worth it?

jobeard Will probably know best, but I can offer the little insight I know. RAID cards tend to be expensive, so that is something to take into consideration. Software RAIDs tend to slow down the CPU since the CPU must spend computing power driving the virtual (emulator) RAID array. I would personally avoid RAID, but for reliability purposes especially on servers, it may be worth looking into.
Relevancy 32.68%

So I've found a laptop for 300 with the following specifications: Intel Core i3-2350M 2.3GHz, 500HDD, 4GB RAM, 15.6inch screen, Intel HD Graphics 3000, 7hours 30mins battery life, Windows 7 (thankfully), 1 year guarantee and Microsoft Office 2010 Starter pack. I was wondering if this is a good deal since a lot of my friends have mixed feelings. Thanks.

A:Is this laptop worth £300?

That is a pretty bad deal. You can easily get a laptop with a newer CPU and graphics for less than 500 USD (300 euros). I am looking at laptops here in the US, but it is most likely the same in the UK.
Relevancy 31.39%

Hi everyone My current specs are as folllows Intel i K Stock ASUS GTX DCII Stock GSkill Ripjaws x GB Currently gaming on a Samsung SyncMaster B quot monitor The resolution is only x Hz I was thinking that I should pick up a new monitor to justify the rig that I ve built I have been looking at quot monitors that have a resolution of x Now here s the dilemma I see a lot of Hz monitors and people saying that they are much better suited to gaming especially FPS which is what I for -- Monitor worth advice gaming? 120Hz it usually enjoy Upon researching a bit I Monitor advice -- 120Hz worth it for gaming? came upon the BenQ XL T It s quite expensive but I might just be able to pick it up if it s completely worth it So here are my questions Has anyone had any experience with the BenQ XL T and what are your views Is Hz worth it and will there be any noticeable difference Will my single GTX be able to handle it Just for perspective I run Crysis a little over FPS average with all settings Very High FXAA and Transparency AA enabled in nVidia Control Panel I m also open to OCing my GPU and CPU using a Corsair H Any other suggestions Look forward to your responses nbsp

A:Monitor advice -- 120Hz worth it for gaming?

The 670 will be able to give you those 120 fps in less demanding games, however you may end up turning the quality and resolution down for the more demanding titles (such as Crysis 3). So you have a choice, sacrifice image quality for more fluid game-play, or get an IPS monitor, which will give you much superior color, but you'll have to live with 60 fps. (In my opinion, 60fps is enough, although that's a matter of opinion)
Relevancy 36.98%

I noticed after I installed beta driver 310.70 that temps at idle were way up, about 41c, so I removed the card and cleaned the fan and heatsink with compressed air (it wasn't very dirty). Still high temps afterwards, started looking at settings, and noticed that the card was no longer idling down (staying at 981 MHz core and 2257 MHz memory all the time). That explains the high temps, but how do I fix this problem. I tried a completely clean install of the stable driver (306.97) per a guide on the proper way to update Nvidia drivers, but the problem remains. Checked all the BIOS settings, multiple monitor is disabled, etc. Checked all settings in Nvidia Control Panel. Any help will be much appreciated! BTW I am running Windows 8 Pro x64
Relevancy 31.39%
A:Razer Megalodon -- does it still have problems? Any other headsets worth considering?

I've never liked remotes on the cable, they get in the way and weigh the cable down when you're wearing the headset. For that reason I got the Logitech G35 which has a roller and some buttons on the earcup, and I can really recommend them. The Corsair Vengeance 1500 also delivers excellent sound. Haven't tried the Megalodon but have owned the cheaper Carcharias and was not very impressed - sound was very average and felt a bit flimsy.
Relevancy 33.11%

a friend told me I should get a ssd in my pc, it will give it a great boost. But my pc is still pretty fast.
I also need to hook it up to the power supply, but in the future I'm planning to get a crossfire 6950 2Gb. So my question is: Is 700w enough for a crossfire 6950 2gb and for a samsung SSD 830 series 128Gb? And if the 700w power supply is enough to handle both is it worth it to get the samsung SSD 830 series 128Gb?
Help is appreciated.

My system specs are:
CPU: Intel Core I7 2600 4 x 3.4GHz
Motherboard: Gigabayte GA-PH67A-D3-B3
Graphics: ATI RADEON HD 6950 2GB GDDR5
Storage: 1TB S-ata2 7200RPM
Case :Cooler master CM 690 II Advanced
Power supply: Ocz 700w stealthxstream
Audio: Asus Xonar dx

A:SSD worth it for my PC?

An SSD will no doubt speed things up considerably. Do some research and make sure you pick the SSD with the technology that you can afford.

Toggle NAND SSDs are the fastest, followed by synchronous NAND SSDs. Asynchronous SSDs are the slowest of the bunch. Prices also follow the trend, with toggle NAND SSDs being the most expensive of the bunch.
Relevancy 32.25%

Hi all im looking at this build is it worth 400 its
i5-3570k / 8GB / 500HD / GTX 670 / DRW / 27 / W7 / A

A:Is this build worth the price

I'd like to see where you're getting that for 400 -- In short, if its for real, its a bargain. The GTX 670 starts at just shy of 300 alone. The i5 3570K is another 180. So yeah, it's a good price!
Relevancy 31.82%

im in the market for a speaker system for my computer and I found the Creative A520 for a good price

link below:

im just wondering are they any good as in quality cos there is only one review on the site and any other speakers that are good and not to expensive

A:Are the Creative A520 speakers worth getting?

I would say they are average. briefly listened to the 2.1 version one sometime ago. but if you can get them very cheap, just go for it... with proper placement 5.1 is going to be huge upgrade compared to identical 2.1 in gaming and movies.
Relevancy 37.84%

Just installed a new EVGA card This is the card that has GTX Gpu s on it 460 EVGA GTX problems The problem is the PC starts up normally I get one beep and all things start loading fine and I can even hear the windows startup tune Unfortunately I EVGA GTX 460 problems get no video to the monitor I will then hold down the power button and power it down I hit the power EVGA GTX 460 problems button again get the quot Windows did not start up normally quot screen and THEN I am able to get it started and working correctly Now this morning I did all the things I previously did and got quot Startup Recovery quot This ran for a while and then windows came up normally Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated System Asus P Z deluxe mobo evga win gtx dual gpu gb vid mem OCZ Fatality series PSU w Intel Core i k cpu gb Corsair vengeance Ram tb Seagate HDD nbsp

A:EVGA GTX 460 problems

did you upgrade to the latest drivers? If all else fails try updating the BIOS.
if that fails, save yourself the hassle of troubleshooting and RMA the card.
Relevancy 38.27%

I recently bought a new custom pc, but kept old 560 Ti in it.
So System what I have now:
850w PSU Corsair;
16gb Kingston Ram 1600Mhz;
3770k i7 Intel Cpu @ 4.7Ghz
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H;
Gigabyte 560 Ti Video card;

There is 2.2 Cm distance between Cards. I would get a 560 Ti in no time if I wouldnt be worried about the heat.

I want to buy a new video card or add another 560 Ti. But Selling my current 560 Ti would be hard here.
I could get a new 560 Ti for 300$ (Hate prices in Latvia(East Europe))
or Gigabyte's Gtx 680 2gb For 740$(Price here)
or Gigabyte's Gtx 670 2gb for 570$(Price Here)
I have a chance getting Evga's 680 FTW 4gb from US but its gonna be only on october 630$ (Price in the US)

Question is, What would you do if you were me?

EDIT: I am using old Monitor - 1440 x 900 Resoulution, Going to buy 1920 x 1080 Soon

A:What should I get? Another 560 Ti or EVGA's 680 FTW?

My opinion based on the fact that you aren't yet capable of gaming at 1080p resolutions is stick with your 560 till October and then get a much cheaper 670 from the US (instead of the FTW). For $630 you're inching pretty close to a pair of 670s @ $800. The rest of your machine would NOT be a bottleneck to a pair of 670s but I'd be willing to bet you would be happy with just 1 of them.
Relevancy 32.25%

hi all just bought pc tower but wanna find how much it is worth if possible its sparkling clean and more or less brand new probaly few months old its asus pc msi motherboard msi platinum editon win xp pro sp but gonna upgrade to win ultimate cpu dual core amd athlon x mhz mb name MSI K N SLI PLATINUM MS- RAM gig ddr sram kingston KTC G-UDIMM bios type AMI graphics-nvidia Geforce How if much this is worth possible) (rough estimate PC gts mb audio adapter - realtek alc s t nvidia nforce sli disk drive generic usb cf reader usb device x maxtor stm as gb rpm sata number same as above number - ST AS gb rpm sata number ST AS gb rpm sata partitions c d How much is this PC worth (rough estimate if possible) e f ntfs gb on all netword adapters -x How much is this PC worth (rough estimate if possible) nvidia nforce mbps ethernet firewire controller x via vt fire iim ieee host controller phy viavt infared port usb and controller nvidia nforc sli dmi total free memory slots system slots agp-pci memory devices dimm got this all from everest any other info needed please ask thanks for any help nbsp

A:How much is this PC worth (rough estimate if possible)

terry5880 said:

hi all just bought pc tower, but wanna find how much it is worth if possible ..its sparkling clean and more or less brand new probaly few months old.

bios type AMI 31/7/07Click to expand...

Before I can give an approx price tag on your system, one thing for me needs a little clarification, maybe this to will help others slap a price tag on your system.

But I'm a little leery with the use of some words here, "just bought" and "brand new' and "few months old"! But with the BIOS having a version date of July-31-2007, how new can this computer be?

I'll just sit back a while and see if this can be clearly explained by either you and or someone else out there who might have an answer. After that I may slap a price tag on what I feel this system is worth. But do take one thing into consideration when standing by and awaiting peoples approx value of your system. Just like buying a new car, once it's front two tires hit a city street the dealership automatically devalues the car by 1/4 right from the get go, I should know I worked for Chevrolet as a car salesman for 3 years. So as like with cars so true with computers, they can depreciate their value very quickly. Even just by burning some hours on a computer, it can therefor go towards people not looking as the system as brand new anymore, but rather they might now think depreciated value.

Just something to think about!
Relevancy 31.82%

Hi, I'm new here, just wanted opinions on buying parts to buy my own PC and if it would hold up for a couple of years for gaming?

Cpu: AMD FX-6200 3.80GHz 6-core
Memory: 4GB DDR3 1333MHz
Motherboard: ASUS M5A97 AMD 970

I've not included the power supply and hard drive etc. because they didn't seem relevant much.
All suggestions are welcome but I'm limited by a budget of 400.

A:Is this computer spec worth buying?

That's not a great gaming setup, games are mostly dependant on the GPU and the 6570 will likely only play games on low details.

Is the budget just for those 4 components or does it include everything (PSU, hard drive, case, etc.)
Relevancy 69.66%

I recently bought my gtx 570 and love it does everything I want (havent tested very demanding games just yet) and I was wandering is there any game out there that I would have to overclock it

A:Is it worth overclocking my EVGA GTX 570

Well what games do you play? BF3 for example would benefit from an overclock. You should be able to get 800-850Mhz without a voltage tweak.
Relevancy 31.39%

Hello there!
Okay, so now I have enough saving for an upgrade, and would love to upgrade to a PCI-E x16 GFX card.

I have a budget of around $50. The possible candidates are a Radeon HD 5550, a Radeon HD 4550, and a Radeon HD 4350. Low-end, but light-years ahead of my current Nvidia GeForce 7025.

Rig specs:
ASRock N68-S
1x PCI-E 2.0 x16 slot
550W PSU,
AMD Sempron 140 2.7 GHz
Monitor's an Acer P195HQ, VGA Interface

So, to make it short, should I go for a cheaper DX10 GFX card, or a somewhat more expensive DX11 card?

A:Is investing in a DirectX11 graphics card really worth it?

first things first... do you use your PC for gaming?

you're not going to find anything too great in that price range that's for sure... but unless you're wanting to play some DX11 capable games then I would buy something more powerful, but perhaps last generation. i will warn you though those low end cards are pretty lackluster. you are way better off putting aside a little money and going for something mid-range. you will be much happier with a card that has some power.

so bottom line is if you like to play games on your machine then you want at least a mid-range graphics card.
Relevancy 32.25%

Hi all,

I have some questions about overclocking the i5, specifically a 2500k.

Firstly, i don't want to get a massive overclock, I'd like to keep my PC as quiet as possible.
Is there any point in adding just a few hundred mhz as it'll turbo upto 3.7 ghz anyway?

Will any overclock to the base frequency also add a corresponding increase to the turbo?

Is there any way to only increase the turbo limit but leave the base frquency at 3.3ghz?

A:Lightly OCing an i5. Is it worth it?

Most overclockers will just turn the turbo off, 3.7Ghz isn't much considering the 2500k can get to 4.5Ghz pretty easily.

If you are thinking of moderate OCing (or even if you're not OCing) then get a cheap aftermarket cooler, it will be quieter than the stock Intel cooler which is useless.
Relevancy 32.25%

Hi, i am currently looking at buying a new PC. I want something that will last and was just wondering your thoughts and opinions on this build, is it relatively safe in terms of not needed to be upgraded anytime soon and is it worth the money... thanks for your time.

Intel core i5 2400 quad core 3.1ghz
asus p8z68-v lx
8gb Ram ddr3 1600mhz
2Gb AMD Radeon HD7850
500gb sata III 6gbHDD 7200rpm 16mb cache
corsair 650w power supply
Triple copper heat pipe Intel CPU cooler
Asus xonar dg5.1 sound card
24x dvd writer
windows 7 inc.
Fancy case with all the fans, lights, bells and whistles required

I also get 7 years breakdown insurance as standard
all for 820 (Equivalent $1312)

A:Buying a new PC.. Is this worth the money?

You could get a better spec if you built it yourself but if you're not into that then yeah, that looks to be a decent build for the price.

If your budget allows it try to incorporate an SSD, it's worth the money IMO.
Relevancy 31.82%

I am thinking about buying this GB Kingston SSD to be used as cache for a WD Caviar Blue mech drive I can get the drive new for but I have never used a SSD as cache only as a boot The only reason is for cache... worth 64GB it SSD it? Cheap I would be buying this would be the price tag so I m limited to this drive only I know it supports TRIM but I m not so sure about Cheap 64GB SSD for cache... is it worth it? which controller it uses I know there are good and bad reviews on this but since I m not using it as a boot drive I m not to worried about it So my questions are A Do I need to reinstall Win to maximize this drives performance Cheap 64GB SSD for cache... is it worth it? as cache or would it be plug n play B Will I see a bump in performance C Is this even worth price performance D Would using this as cache speed up the read write speeds on a mech drive that is full compared to a mech drive that is full nbsp

A:Cheap 64GB SSD for cache... is it worth it?

Yes, as long as it is not out of production.
Relevancy 32.68%

It's 8 months old now, and it's a custom build.

AMD Phenom x6 6 core CPU @ 3.3Ghz (I can possibly OC this to 3.6GHz safely)
8GB Corsair Vengeance Ram @ 1600MHz
Biostar 890FXE Motherboard
Windows 7 Ultimate
Sapphire HD 5770 1GB GDDR5 Graphics Card
600W Corsair CX Series PSU
Corsair H70 Water Cooling system
48x Sony DVD RW
500GB Seagate HDD 7200RPM
Cooler master Elite 430 case with 3x Arctic Cooling 120mm fans

This system also has a fan speed adjuster in the 3.5" bay at the front of the computer.

A:Wondering how much my PC is worth now?

Prices haven't come down that much in 8 months have they?

IMO, thats still a very good build.
Relevancy 37.41%

This is my first time posting on any forum so please excuse me if I miss some things out I recently got a second hand EVGA GTX gb OC from an online auction site I have a Dell XPS which 460 signal! GTX EVGA no Secondhand -- had a w psu in it I installed the card and attached both pin power cables and I got a single beep no signal and my computer wouldn t boot into the operating system I figured this might Secondhand EVGA GTX 460 -- no signal! be due to my power supply being under the recommended wattage so I bought a Zippy w psu and I m still having the same Secondhand EVGA GTX 460 -- no signal! problem My old card still works fine so no problem with the motherboard I ve tried uninstalling the old gpu drivers and still nothing The error code that my computers lights display translates to quot Other failure quot which Secondhand EVGA GTX 460 -- no signal! according to dell means there is most likely a hardware failure Is this a common problem and is there a solution or am I now the proud owner of a paperweight Thanks in advance Nesh nbsp

A:Secondhand EVGA GTX 460 -- no signal!

Maybe Dell don't allow you to change the graphics card? Maybe you can try the card in a friend's PC.

Btw $230 is very expensive for that card, about twice the market value.
Relevancy 30.53%

I currently have a Lenovo laptop and have had it for 2 and a half years. The battery has always been pretty bad and last about 3 minutes unplugged. The hard drive is a temperamental one from an old laptop as the original broke for no apparent reason, probably didn't help I was constantly having to rebuild it too. I know it is stupid but when I got this laptop I was young and naive and didn't realise how essential recovery disks are.
I realise to replace all of these would be quite expensive so am wondering whether it is worth just buying a new laptop?

A:Worth replacing the hard drive, battery and buying recovery disks?

We need more information to comment.
There are at least 7 levels of Lenovo laptop... Is this a T-series... or just what is it? model and type.
In general, Lenovo laptops are among the most reliable...
This is not a good time to buy hard drives, due to the market over-adjusting to the hard drive factories under water in Thailand.
Batteries, good ones, can be found for $35 to $45
But you can get a 90 GB SATA hard drive for $90 or less.
Tell us the hard drive brand and size, the amount of memory installed.
All in all, we can rebuild a decent Lenovo for $140... and that is a lot less expensive than a new laptop. But a shop would have to charge you $205 or more.
A cheap laptop might cost you $500 to $600, but a good laptop could cost you $1200 to $1800. For long term reliability, I would want to invest at least $1000 to $1500

Tell us more so we can best advise you.
Relevancy 31.39%

I used Kingston HyperX blu 4GB memory (4x = 16GB total) for my desktop upgrade 6 months ago.

I am curious if there is superior RAM out there. I don't refer to a 0-5% improvement. Is there significantly better RAM available for my setup? (lets say 15%+ faster than what I use)

I am constantly in Adobe After Effects eating up all of my memory. I also multi-task frequently switching between memory intense programs. I will squeeze every bit of performance out of faster memory.

Here is my configuration:

i7 2600K @ 4.4Ghz
ASRock extreme4 Motherboard
16GB RAM (4x 4GB HyperX blu DDR3 1333MHz)
2x Gigabyte 560ti SLI
Crucial M4 128GB SSD
Windows 7 64bit

When I upgraded I was advised to go with 1333MHz. Is there significant performance to be had beyond this? It is an inexpensive area to upgrade so I am very curious.

A:Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3 1333MHz -- worth upgrading?

Not at all worth upgrading IMO.
Relevancy 33.11%

Would it be worth it? to buy a new 22" monitor instead of my 19",
i use my 19" monitor only for gaming purpose ,because i have a 32" HD LCD and i use it for
watching films.

A:Would it be worth it?

What resolution are you currently gaming at? Do you plan on going to a higher resolution? Can your video card handle the proposed upgrade? If you need to upgrade your video card will you need a new power supply?

Think those are the basic questions. Whether or not it's worth it is really a rather subjective question. Think I would save for a while and go with something in the 24" range. Do you have the option of connecting to your 32" LCD TV?
Relevancy 32.68%

hey people,

I want to buy a new PC, but I'm not sure what processor I should take. My first option was a i7 2600, but now I'm thinking of a 2600k. But is overclocking worth it? Or should I just stick to a 2600? And if I take the 2600k and start overclocking, are there any risks I should be aware of?

Best regards,

A:Is overclocking worth it?

The fact that you are asking if "overclocking is worth it" probably answers your question.

Whether or not you OC is probably dependant upon what workload you undertake, how much you like tinkering, and if you are working under some very tight time constraints - the latter is more applicable to content creation and media applications.

Personally, from the price difference of the two models, I would go with the 2600K. Pricing difference is minimal, and resale -if you plan to upgrade in the future- will be higher. So even if you do not plan on overclocking, the 2600K makes a degree of economic sense.

For most users I would think that Sandy Bridge's turbo option (think of it as automatic overclocking) will suffice. If, however, you want a little free performance- virtually every 2600K will attain a higher 24/7 frequency for little or no extra power draw/heat output- or you want to explore the CPUs performance parameters then light or moderate overclocking will cause no harm so long as you observe some basic procedure. Even motherboard based overclocking ( hardware and/or software) will offer a substantial performance boost (application dependant) with stability and a minimum of user input.

An overview of what Sandy Bridge overlocking can achieve >>here<< and >>here<<

Be aware that overclocking the CPU impacts the RAM (memory) speed as the two are linked via memory dividers ( CPU: RAM ratio's). For overclocking purposes -even the one-click (software) or one-button (hardware) variety- you would need to have DDR3-1600 modules at the least (with DDR3-1866 for high overclocks which I would not recommend if using the boxed Intel cooler).

If it sounds as though I'm fence-sitting, that's because I am. I have overclocked virtually every component I've ever owned that was capable of being overclocked...but then, I really like exploring the capabilities of a system I put together - both from a performance aspect, and judging long term stability.
I presently run two systems, an older Core 2 Quad and a X58 based system. The former runs at either a stock (undervolted) or with a mild overclock (25%) using only stock voltage. The X58 runs at either stock* (again, undervolted), mild OC, medium OC or heavy OC. Virtually every motherboard these days allows for multiple BIOS/UEFI profiles to be saved as used as appropriate- so you can run the profile that best fits the application(s) you plan on using. Using these different profiles over the same applications then gives you an accurate "hands on" guide to any worthwhile gains you may experience- as opposed to online reviews which may use benchmarks (especially synthetic test suites) which may be of only academic interest.

* Stock for average mixed workload- browsing, email, media viewing
Mild OC - Benchmarking for scaling performance in new applications or major revisions to current applications
and Med./Heavy OC for intensive applications ( media encoding, achiving (compression), gaming etc.)
Relevancy 36.98%

I wonder if EVGA had the official 'okey-dokey' before pushing out this little gem. It handily bests the GTX 580 while sporting 2GB 's of memory.(only 1GB per GPU however). In many situations it will give the GTX 590 a run for its money...actually for about $200.00 less. At the same price as the average GTX 580, this card would seem to be ready to cannibalize sales of both the GTX 580, and 590 if it is made widely available. It's seemingly an odd move, but a tremendous card according to the folks over at PC Perspective

From PC Perspective:

the review can be had here at PC Perspective

A:EVGA GTX 560 Ti 2 Win 2GB dual-GPU graphics card

The card more than likely has Nvidia's stamp of approval since at the price point it equals enthusiast territory, and like the dual GTX 460 EVGA launched earlier, I think the card is neutered on being SLI'ed with another of it's kind ( strike one). Nice niche card but...
At $500+ it's also going up against EVGA's own GTX 560Ti DS (with similar cooling) that's clocked faster and would certainly have more OC headroom at the same price point (SLI) (strike two)
Like the dual-GTX460 (and the PowerColor dual HD 6870) I wouldn't think the card would see widespread release. It checks the same boxes as the conventional two card setup ( good price/ perf. relatively cool'n'quiet ..but is still saddled with the 1GB frame buffer and 256-bit bus that makes it less than suitable for Surround/ 3D/ 3D Surround (strike three).

I'm actually surprised that EVGA haven't launched a dual version of their GTX 580 Classified 3GB (just for PR's sake at least) and Nvidia probably would frown upon a GTX 570-2Win, but I'm also guessing that the PCB, extra memory and VRM's would make it prohibitively expensive in any given that those two options are off the table, then a dual GTX 560Ti becomes the de facto choice I suppose.
Relevancy 31.39%

Hello Techspot,

I would just like to know your opinions on waiting for the Radeon HD 7000 series. It is more discussion like then a personal question.

I would like to know if you will wait for the HD 7000 series, and why.

A:AMD Radeon HD 7000 series -- is it worth waiting?

No, the 6870 should do me if I decide to upgrade my 4870.
Relevancy 32.68%

What is my computer worth? What is its value?

I am newbie into gaming world as i have very limited knowledge about the hardware's i would like to have your suggestions because i want to sell this computer.I am using this computer since January/2011. It is blazing fast. It will run any and all programs with ease. Adobe Photoshop, the latest games on max settings like sc 2, crysis 2. world of warcraft.

Here is spec.

CPU Dell precision 670
EVGA GTX 460 Super clock 1 GB Card - GDDR5 256 Bits

DaTA storage

150GB SCSI Drive
40GB SATA Drive
150GB SATA Drive

Is my computer is equal to i5 or less than i3?

Please advice me.

A:What is my computer worth?

Where did you get a server if your a newbie lol? its running old motherboard and memory so that will bring down the price but you could get aleast $500-$600 american if you sold it because of it being a fully ready server i would try find a business looking for a server and sell it to them
Relevancy 32.25%

My cheap old LiteOn keyboard is starting to wear out so I want to replace it with something a bit nicer. Unfortunately there aren't any shops near by that have anything to try out. I don't need to see the keys when I type so it doesn't have to be backlit. I'm not entirely sure about mechanical keyboards, are they very loud? Are any in this price range really nicer than equivalently priced dome switch keyboards?

Here are some of the keyboards I have been considering.

A:Are any gaming keyboards under $75 worth it?

Are any gaming keyboards over $15 worth it? No (IMO).
Relevancy 31.82%

I would like to know which of the cards mentioned in the title are worth the money. Is there any significant difference performance-wise?

A:HD 6870 1GB vs. HD 6950 1GB - which one is worth the money

Whether they're worth the money is relative to what you are asking of them.

So rather than your question, the one you want to ask is "If I game at this resolution, which one would be more suitable in terms of price?"

Your answer:

Both are worthy if your gaming at 1080p, but the HD6950 is stronger due to being better performing. Seriously, a HD6870 will be fine for gaming at 1920x1080/1200 at high settings. If you have the money spare on top of that get a HD6950.

If your happy to spend the extra money a 2GB HD6950 is the better of the 3.
Relevancy 30.53%

I have a gb hard drive that came out an old pc It was running slow and was unable to backup I believe it was running Windows XP and I could not remember if it hard the back up facility prior to formating Unfortunately I took that risk and it started the formating process Luckily I switched it off immediately as soon as I saw that this was happening I to format, boot, 10 need photos kids won't Started of recover years worth have tried booting it back up again but files are missing I have tried booting off a downloadable boot CD Started format, won't boot, need to recover 10 years worth of kids photos and that did not work It is a Western Digital WD EB- CPFO Enhanced IDE Hard Drive I am told I can buy a docking station cheaply off ebay to connect it to my modern pc via USB Is this true and what do I have to buy Also I am told that I cannot just read it like an external USB drive the files will not be visable and need software to interrigate the hard drive once again is this correct This is pretty serious stuff as I need these precious pictures from the birth of my children every holiday etc yes big mistake Any advice would be greatly appreciated Craig nbsp

A:Started format, won't boot, need to recover 10 years worth of kids photos

Did you actually start a format or just start a reinstall of the OS? If it's the latter I would say boot from an Ubuntu disk and recover your files pretty simply. If you actually started a format I'm not sure. Maybe one of the other guys here will have more info on that. There might be some sort of utility you can have on a bootable CD that will scan the disk for recoverable files, but I've been out of that side of things for a while now.
Relevancy 37.41%

Several mos ago replaced OEM GPU that ran hot w EVGA GT When hot weather got here I noticed GT seemed to run hotter than I think it should w normal browsing temp to EVGA before GT up? 240 Max fan cranking allow But also noticed fan speed really didn t increase much until temps were in high s - Max temp to allow EVGA GT 240 before cranking fan up? even then fan might run only - I can get GPU up past C just clicking back forth on some images - like Mozilla themes Yes the GPU fins fan are clean - took em outside amp blew out Can see down thru the fins w a flashlight to check Really wasn t dirty so made no diff under type of use described Installed MSI s Afterburner amp tried the quot User defined software automatic fan control quot - which controls the fan well SpeedFan didn t amp easy on resources Question - at what temp would you really crank up the fan to avoid ever getting above that temp Specs or manuals don t give this info Obviously the stock setup wasn t effective Right now have Afterburner set to at C C see graph This may not be running the fan high enough to keep it below C - still gets there opening a lot of pages Once fan kicks in temp drops fairly quickly amp running at that easily drops it below C or Should note - no other components get nearly as high so doesn t seem to be a problem w the case I know some report GPUs running F amp even higher but seems kinda high amp hard on components if happens very often Still have a lot of room to increase fan speed but don t want to be overly concerned if C isn t an issue I could raise it to or higher C if necessary This also makes me question effectiveness of the factory thermal paste as I ve read so many complain about That maybe I should think about redoing the paste Thanks nbsp

A:Max temp to allow EVGA GT 240 before cranking fan up?

Hi Debbie,
GPU' s are designed to run warmer than CPU's so while cooler is better, 50-60c is nothing to get overly concerned with. increasing the airflow through your case to lower temps would be preferable to running the cards fan at 90% constantly if you can. The upper thermal limit for GPU's (AMD & Nvidia) is 105c. while thats to warm as far as I am concerned, If you can keep idle temps below 50c and load temps to 85c or less, the card will probably outlast your use for it.
Hope that helped
Relevancy 31.82%

Hey guys just a quick question about internet speed I recently changed from Mb internet speed as we were paying around a month with Virgin Media M TV M Phone and M Broadband which is Mb- Mb but it was basic Mb most of the times and upgraded to Mb for cheaper Now my question is will I see any difference speed 30Mb Internet worth -- it? in latency when gaming I currently have - MS when playing on EU servers and around - MS when playing on the US servers When SWTOR Star Wars the Old Republic I will be joining a US guild crew clan which Internet speed -- 30Mb worth it? will be playing on the US servers so I was hoping that the Mb package will give me around stable - MS when playing on the US servers I would think there wouldn t be huge difference since anything over XX Mbps download speed would be waste guess the only benefit I will probably have is increase in the upload speed which was Mb on the Mb connection and now Mb on the new Mb connection Will be getting the Superhub this Wednesday still stuck on Mb Hope you can help thanks in advance nbsp

A:Internet speed -- 30Mb worth it?

Bump sauce, anyone? Will there be any difference in ping from 10Mb to 30Mb?

Just got my 30Mb setup and I tell you that there isn't much difference in the ping when gaming, maybe roughly 10ms at max due to the upload speed being higher. But downloading videos, music etc... is 3x as fast which is great! So far SuperHub is doing ok, no problems aroused but within 2hours already downloaded 1GB 244MB of Data (but 2 pcs running so hence why I guess).
Relevancy 31.82%

Hello all I have been wondering for a while now if I were to get a better setup what I to upgrading Worth HD from 6870? 5770 should Worth upgrading from HD 5770 to 6870? do I bought a XFX XXX edition but don t use the OC settings and had thought long about getting another one They no longer sell my exact card on Newegg nor TigerDirect Would it be fine just to get the XFX reg version or another brand I suppose it would be but just to make sure I was also thinking of maybe just getting a k series -namely the and selling the but I am told that a CF setup would be better as far as FPS but not in tessellation which I don t see games really using in the near future But I am also told that the s being -bit the -bit would benefit more I go to Afghanistan in spring so I was thinking maybe wait till I get back in and just upgrade all of it My current setup is as follows AMD Phenom II x Ghz w DDR PC x GB ASUS M A T-E mobo XFX ATI HD XXX edition old w PSU yes that s two-hundred eighty watts I have a PC P amp C SILENT w PSU sitting in the closet that Worth upgrading from HD 5770 to 6870? I originally took out of my rig when I decided it was cluttered with all the non-modular cables nbsp

A:Worth upgrading from HD 5770 to 6870?

If you can get the 6870, but if you want that exact card Newegg or Tigerdirect doesnt have anymore, im sure Amazon will.
Relevancy 32.68%

Hello. Is this PC worth of selling? It's 100% stable and it's great for light gaming and internet use. How much could I gain money If I would sell this PC to a person?

Motherboard: Intel DG33Bu
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 2ghz E4400
RAM: 3GB 800Mhz
VGA: (MSI) Radeon 2600 HD PRO 256Mb,128Bit
PSU: 400W
HDD: 320Gb,7200RPM,16Mb Cache
Optical Drive: Just a usual DVD-ROM

A:Is it worth selling my PC?

Not much at all.
Relevancy 31.39%

So I m buying a new computer with a Amd Phenom Ii X t ghz Processor I can select to upgrade the motherboard but am not sure if it s really worth it or if I will see any real differences One thing I want is dual monitors I m upgrading the graphics card to have two dvi outs if I went with a Ecs A gm-M Am Esata Hdmi Dvi amp a would this give me the ability to have dual monitors using the onboard video Below is the list of my options give me your thoughts new Buying worth mobo? upgrading computer, thanks very much in advance Amd Socket Am Am Athlon Ii Phenom Amd Am Am Ddr Pci-E Sata Mboard Ecs Buying new computer, worth upgrading mobo? Mcp m-M Socket Am Ddr- Mboard Add Ecs A gm-M Am Ddr Buying new computer, worth upgrading mobo? Pci-E Ati Hd Add Biostar Mcp p Am Nvidia Motherboard Add Asus M n t-M Am Ddr - Mboard Add Asus M a lt-M Le Am g Ddr Mboard Add Ecs A gm-M Ddr Amd g Radeon Hd Add Msi gm-E g Ddr Hybrid Crossfire Add Ecs A gm-Ad Am Ddr Hybrid Crossfire Add Biostar A g Amd g Am Motherboard Add Asus M a t-M Am Amd g mt S Ddr Add Msi gm-E Am Amd g Motherboard Add Ecs A gm-M Am Esata Hdmi Dvi amp a Add Msi gm-E g Ddr Am Hdmi Esata Add Asrock gm-Le Am Amd g Motherboard Add nbsp

A:Buying new computer, worth upgrading mobo?

1394A is for Firewire 400 connectors, and absolutely nothing to do with your video card.

Considering the new AMD "Bull Dozer" platform is due to be released shortly I wouldn't go mad on a new motherboard.

Most of todays current graphics cards will come with the connectors to facilitate the connection of at least two displays, so that shouldn't be an issue.
Relevancy 32.25%

I recently bought 2 x 5870's. I expected this to run Crysis and Crysis Warhead very well like benchmarks online said (enthusiast, 8 aa). But the frames i got were less than impressive. There were many stutters during gameplay and frames dropped below 30 at times. I heard that it is because of my processor bottlenecking the game but i am not sure. How much of an improvement would i see from upgrading my phenom ii 550 to 965? i already tried unlocking the cores but no luck, they are faulty.

phenom ii 550 oc at 3.6
2 x 5870 crossfire
4 gb ram ddr3 gskill 1600
Relevancy 32.25%

Hello I m considering buying a new computer which will be used mostly for Gaming and in the future some computer programming for college hooplah I don t want to build a computer if i can avoid it So i am looking for a pre-built computer something online from newegg or bestbuy etc looking to spend only about - dollars one that can run games mostly MMO s at medium to high settings and that wont require any large upgrades in the near future I don t know a real lot about computers especially the hardware inside so I have looked at different pre-built worth price? Is this pre-built the computers on newegg and bestbuy but none of the reviews are exactly helpful people complaining about UPS and other nonsense So basically this is the specs for the one i want to built quot Haven t posted enough to put a link so here are the basics Processor AMD Athlon II X GHz bit Dual Core Processor Memory GB DDR Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GT GB CPU Type Athlon II X CPU Speed GHz The computer would cost dollars I dunno what information is all together important Is this pre-built worth the price? can let someone know other info if needed Appreciate the help Looking for some opinions if it is worth the price and will be able to do what i am looking for nbsp

A:Is this pre-built worth the price?

No. I don't think it is. For $600 you could easily be able to build a far better system. Are you willing to go the DIY way?
Relevancy 36.12%

ok first off i got this board second hand from my brother he couldnt get it to work at all however he thought it was a video card compatability issue He had a ATI Radeon card and its an NVIDIA chipset on the board Now that ive giving a tiny bit of back ground ill give you the systems specs or atleast the specs itll be once its working and can see things CPU Intel core duo E RAM GB DDR x OCZ REAPER Motherboard As mentioned EVGA NVIDIA i sli GPU GEforce GS PSU Sparkle W gold class TB for storage and a GB + no =( sli output board video Evga 680i Nvidia for the OS Thats whats in my box and the box itself is a Rosewill Evga Nvidia 680i sli board + no video output =( CRUISER So far everything looks like its powers up right and and the HDD spins up it seems like its posting correctly i jus cant get anyvideo out of it Any suggestions would be helpful also keyboards will not work in any usb port and on the mointer it says entering power save mode it detects the cable being there but does not get a signal ive tried multiple keyboards and multiple video cables nbsp

A:Evga Nvidia 680i sli board + no video output =(

sounds like it's just a faulty board... it doesn't matter if you have a single ATI or NVIDIA card, it should work with either
Relevancy 36.12%

I was just curious if the was good card for a low end system? I really only play CS 1.6 and use the net to look up football and movies!! i got 50 dollar gift certifacate to best buy so i thought i would get this video card!!!

1.9ghz athlon xp
1.5 gigs of ram
A-bit nf7 mother board
audigy soundblaster
pny Geforce 256mb video card
500 watt power supply
Windows xp sp3
160 gig WD 7200rpm
40 gig 7200 rpm

That is what im runnning!! I kidna wonder if the 2 gigs of ram im using is making the 256 meg video card lock up my computer!! Not really sure what the deal is though lol!!

A:Evga GeForce 6200 512MB video card

I personally think you'd be better off getting a Geforce 8400GS, or ATi HD4350, or Geforce 210GT for that kind of money. I've no idea which is better of the three, but they're all under 50 bucks.

I would have recommended the HD4670 if it wasn't over 100 bucks, which is shocking given the price I paid for it here in the UK a year ago!
Relevancy 31.82%

check my system specs on the right...i have a 9500gt and im looking to go for a gtx 460....i know the cpu will limit performance, but still , what kind of performance gains should i expect switching from 9500gt to gtx 460 ?

A:Worth upgrading graphics card?

I think you might be OK with performance even with a HD6870 or 1GB GTX460. I'll leave others to let you know the difference between your current GPU and the above two though.

What PSU do you have, and what wattage is it?
Relevancy 32.68%

Hey i'm thinking of upgrading my computer as my motherboard has just fried itself for one reason or another! I have just heard about this new thing called "UEFI" which will be replacing "BIOS" next year and wondering if it is going to be any good and whether it is worth waiting for as i was wanting to buy a new mother board before 4th Jan 2011 as tax is being increaed to 20% (UK)!!!

Any comments?

A:Is UEFI worth it?

It's mostly just going to be a graphical/interface upgrade.
I don't think it's really going to make much difference to the end user.

And the tax isn't going to be huge on a 150 motherboard. Looking at 3-4 difference over the 17.5% current vat in UK.
Relevancy 36.55%

I have an old computer which I am converting into a media system. It has a EVGA NVIDIA 7800GS card (AGP) which I am connecting a DVI to HDMI cable. Will this support sound through the DVI to HDMI cable or am I stuck with computer speaker sound from the computer audio port?

A:EVGA Nvidia 7800GS - DVI to HDMI sound

no, the sound will not be carried through the DVI connection. if you were using a direct HDMI output on the card it would work (if the sound had audio processing) but only the video will be carried (i.e. DVI does not support sound)
Relevancy 37.41%

It's a simple question i have 160? to buy graphic card, the best i can get for that kind of money is either EVGA gtx 460 786 SC or MSI gtx n460 786/5d Cyclone.

Which one is better?
Both cost same, one is 158? other 160?.

Which is quieter?
I can't find accurate info, for EVGA it says max noise 40 db, but at the same time it says it is the quieter of this class. For MSI i found review that says it only produces 31 db at full load.

How does mini-hdmi/dvi to hdmi work?
I saw lots of threads on different forums, where people are reporting problems with sound when they connect gtx 460 to TV to watch movies.

Thnx for help.

A:GF GTX 460 EVGA SuperClock / MSI cyclone

So, i found more information at goru 3d, they tested some of gtx 460 cards and now it is even tougher to decide.

MSI GTX 460 Cyclone OC - The idle noise levels coming from the card are downright silent, in idle you will barely hear the card as we measured 37~38 dBA, which is right below the threshold of noise coming from the PC itself.Click to expand...

eVGA GeForce GTX 460 768MB SuperClocked - Despite the temperatures being a little higher on this card, that does not have an effect on overall sound levels. At its hottest measured point (64 degrees C) the fan RPM had risen towards 45% RPM, and that's still very little. So even this massively overclocked SKU remains absolutely silent.Click to expand...

eVGA is a couple of fps faster than cyclone in most tests, but it doesn't have a voltage raise function if i decide to further oc. Whinch means max overclock is a bit lower compare to Cyclone.

In the end i may just buy the cheapest palin gtx 460 fot 145? and overclok it, i am sure i could oc it to 800mhz core and 4000mhz ram.
Relevancy 32.25%

The title states it all:
Is the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580 worth getting or rather the GTX 480?

I mean the price of the GTX 580 is a bit higher, but again it is better.
So is it worth getting, or should I go with the GTX 480 or maybe even the GTX 470.

Hoping for answers soon,

A:Is the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580 worth getting or rather the GTX 480?

Kind of depends what you have to pay for them.
At the moment the GTX 580 commands a premium because its 1. New, and 2. Has the title "Fastest GPU". Waiting until this card has competition in the marketplace (again, single GPU/card) in the form of AMD's HD 6970/6950 should result in a lower price -which in turn will translate into lower prices for the GTX 480, and also offer an alternative to the nvidia card if the performance level is similar (which should be the case).
The principle reasons for going with the GTX 580 over the GTX 480 or 470 would be the decreased noise and heat output due to a more efficient GPU and cooler design. If noise and heat aren't a concern - or you plan to use a waterblock- then the one metric that makes sense is whether the 10-20% performance decrease in the GTX 480 (for example) is matched by a 10-20% decrease in cost.
Bear in mind that the GTX 570 (basically a cooler, quieter GTX 480) is due for release fairly soon. This will also impact pricing on the existing (but soon to EOL'ed) GTX 480/470.

My personal advice would be to wait until the GTX 570, HD 6970 and HD 6950 make their appearances. You'll have a wider choice, better pricing, and at least another very fast card to take into consideration.
If your scope is not limited to one card then Crossfired HD 6870's will give better (for the most part) performance at a lower price with comparable power usage.
Relevancy 32.68%

I want to sell my rig but just need an opinion on how much its rig worth? How is my gaming much worth Thanks Specs AMD Phenom II X ghz per core gb Memory Plenty for every task gb HDD XFX ATI Radeon MSI xt G Motherboard NZXT Sentry LCD Fan Controller Fans in the Case Keep everything Ice Cold LCD I-INC p full HD ms respawns time Windows Professional bit Speakers Included How much is my gaming rig worth? Creative Inspire T with remote Mouse Sidewinder X Gaming Mouse Keyboard Microsoft Wireless Keyboard v Xbox Controller also How much is my gaming rig worth? included Headset Microsoft LifeChat LX- Power Supply Antec watt green How much is my gaming rig worth? power crossfire ready DVD-RW Drive lightscribe ready Games Included Battlefield Bad Company Batman Arkan Asylum Splinter Cell Conviction Fuel Dead Rising Blur Halo NBA K Call of Duty Modern Warfare Call of duty World at War Call of Duty Modern Warfare Gears of War Grand theft Auto Burnout Paradise Crysis Street Fighter Grand Theft Auto San Andreas Mafia Prince of Persia The Forgotten Sands Just Cause Resident Evil Borderlands Halo Call of Duty nbsp

A:How much is my gaming rig worth?

The games that are on steam cant be sold, doing this is goes against Steam's TOS. Accounts which have been bought, sold or traded will be disabled. This includes any other accounts in your possession at the time of the sale or trade, regardless of whether those accounts were also sold or not.
Relevancy 33.11%

How much would be PC be worth on Todays Market? (P.s. I dont know where else to post it direct me to the place to post it and ill do it there)
Computer Type - Desktop
Maker - Self made
Model Name - N/A
Central Processing Unit (CPU) - Intel Core? 2 Duo CPU E8200 @ 2.66 Ghz
Operating System - W7 Ultimate 64 Bit (Does not need to be windows updated)
Windows System Rating - 5.7/6.9
Motherboard - Asus P5k SE
Ram - 4Gb Kingston
Hard drive(s) - 160 Gb SATA
Optical Drivers (i.e. CD-ROM Drives) - 2 x LG DVD ROMs
Power Supply (PSU) - 700w Power Supply
Case - Coolermaster
Number of Case Fans (Not Including PSU Fans) - 2
Video Card - Nvidia Geforce GTX 260
Other Cards - D-Link Wireless G DWA - 510 Desktop Adapter
Keyboard - G15
Mouse - Razor Diamond Back
Speakers - G51 5.1 Surround Sound
Screen Size - 22" Benq LCD Monitor

A:How much would my PC be worth?

Not bad...i'd guess it cost ? $1050 USD initially.
At this point however, i'd pay ? $750.

EDIT: My bad, should have asked when it was purchased and if it was prebuilt.
Still stands at ? $750.
Relevancy 33.11%

hi all ive recently purchased a alienware desktop with a gts240 card and wondered if its worth adding/sli'ing a 2nd i read somewhere that it would only use 1gb even with the 2 1gb cards in is this right?

spec is i7 920 and currently 3gb of ram but may add more

any help appreciated cheers

A:GTS 240 SLI, is it worth it?

It probably would be argued, ( and won successfully). that you should have bought one GT-460. and been done with it. (That or a comparably priced ATI card). Most hard core gamers are actually advising two of these in SLI. That said. if you can get another 240 at a " fire sale price", you might as well go for it. (You mentioned that this is an Alienware machine, so I realize that you may have been at the mercy of their system integrators).

The net result will probably be better than an 8800GT, a 9800GT, or a single GT 250. I'm just guessing about this, but I don't think it would be as good as a SLI setup, with either an 8800GT or 9800GT.

Hindsight is always 20/20. but my feeling is, if you wanted or needed this much performance, you should have gone with a GT 460 from the start, and then began the process of pining for Santa to bring you another.
Relevancy 37.84%

My EVGA 8800gt is experiencing major issues, so I will be RMAing it shortly. I was wondering which card you think I will get in return? Anyone RMA one recently?

A:Evga 8800gt rma?

Probably a direct replacement.
EVGA will probably tell you what card you'll be getting once you get the RMA ticket.
Relevancy 32.25%

I currently have 1 Nvidia 9800 GT 1GB graphics card in my HP desktop. It came with it when I ordered it from the factory a year ago. I opened up my desktop for the first time to clean it and noticed there was a free second slot I could put a graphics card in and was wondering if I bought another of the same card and have them run together how good of a performance boost would I get and would it be worth it in the long run?

A:SLI Nvidia 9800 GT 1GB worth it?

We would need to know if your motherboard even supports SLI. so tell us the model of the HP.
Relevancy 32.25%

So i bought a Toshiba Satellite A105-S1712 about a month ago off craigslist for the incredible price of 95$. The person sold it because it had a virus, I easily formatted the comp, to XP. Over the month, I replaced Keyboard and Battery. I also added 512MB of ram.

I checked the socket and found that this processor,
" Intel Pentium IV/4/P4 CPU 2.4GHz, SL6RZ PPGA478 Intel32 '533 MHz
Fits onto my laptop. Right now the processor is an Intel Celeron 1.6Ghz '400MHz, Now I am wondering, If I go through the trouble of replacing this part, Will I notice a difference in computer speed, and game speed. I am hoping to resell this laptop some time, and could possible sell for a lot more money than I paid for it.

The processor is only 12$.

Thanks for answering, also other upgrade alternatives will be appreciated.

'Links will take to the Specifications page.

A:Is upgrading the processor really worth it?

Personally there's no way I would have bought that for 95$ with the intent of ever reselling it. There are atoms cpu's that are just as fast as that p4 and they're on netbooks, more portable, newer too. Don't plan on any blazing speed increases even with the upgrade, to keep it simple.
Relevancy 31.39%

I'm looking for a *small* notebook that has gaming capability so that I can also take it, (outside of college) for example, to my relatives or friends houses.

I'm looking at Alienware's M11x, but am (VERY) open to anything else in that nature. Under 14" is very much preferred.

I'm looking at Asus' offerings on Newegg, and their smallest ones are running Intel IGP's.

Any suggestions?

A:Purchasing laptop in next 2 weeks, M11x worth it?

I ordered the M11x yesterday. Its by far one of the best ultraportable laptops out there right now. here is a great review

also youtube review from

Same guy opened it up.

Awesome machine!
Relevancy 32.25%

EnGenius ESR-9850
Network Hardware Engine (doesn't have QoS Stream feature)
WNPU: Ralink 384MHz
Gig Controller: Realtek 832KB Packet Buffer
WAN to LAN: 619.3 mbps
LAN to LAN: 640.0 mbps
Wireless: 802.11n 300mbps (note works better in Mix Mode)
Can be use as Repeater or AP.
Maximum Simultaneous Connections: 19,000

ESR-9850 Part1 - demo

ESR-9850 Part2 - un-boxing

ESR-9850 Part3 - mounting on the wall

ESR-9850 Part 4 - Live!

ESR-9850 Part 5 - View P2P Test Here

A:Wireless routers worth considering

Trendnet TEW-673GRU

Trendnet TEW-673GRU
Atheros AR7161 680MHz WNPU
Gig Controller: Realtek 832KB Packet Buffer
WAN to LAN: ??? mbps
LAN to LAN: ??? mbps
Wireless: Dual band 2/5Ghz 802.11n 300mbps (note works better in Mix Mode)
Maximum Simultaneous Connections: ???

Trendnet TEW-673GRU Review Part 1 (Box Intro)

Trendnet TEW-673GRU Review Part 2 (Unboxing)

Trendnet TEW-673GRU Review Part 3 (Configuring Web Admin for Static IP)

Trendnet TEW-673GRU Review Part 3b (Configuring Web Admin for Static IP Continues)

Trendnet TEW-673GRU Review Part 4 (Connected hardware to Network)

Trendnet TEW-673GRU Review Part 5 (P2P Downloading Initial Test)

Trendnet TEW-673GRU Review Part 6 - P2P 1GB HD Test
Relevancy 32.68%

This is more of me wanting to hear some opinions on the value of dx11 in today's market.

There are currently very few games which incorporate dx11 specific features such as tessellation. I realize that this is a nice feature to have, and can improve the quality (that's what I've been told) of the game. However, there are many games without dx11 that have great if not incredible graphics (e.g. crysis). Seeing as games with dx11 do not necessarily contain "better graphics" than dx10/9 games, why would one want to spend the extra money for a dx11 capable GPU? Supposing you have a high end ATI 4000 series GPU (maybe 4890, or 4870 x2), what reason would there be to upgrade to a comparable 5000 series card? Aside from details such as power consumption, noise levels, and temperature, I can't think of a purely performance based reason to upgrade. Looking forward to your opinions!

A:Are dx11 GPU's worth it?

Yes there are very few titles out there which has been developed for DX11 from ground up. However, DX10 is pretty much heading for the history bin, it may be ok to have DX10 card today but in a year's time I am unsure you'd be happy with your decision. Whereas, a DX11 card (especially if its a decent higher mid-range/of high end solution) should serve you well for at least 18-24 months period (may be more depending upon what you use it for). Regards
Relevancy 35.26%

I just installed a EVGA geforce 8400 gs onto an intel board that does have onboard video. I set the display adapter to PCI-e on the BIOS but when I use the card the screen has a light blue tint to everything and the colors just look really off. I've tried changing the setting with the nvidia control panel but I just can't get a true white at all. When I take the card out and use the onboard video it looks perfect. I've updated the BIOS on the MoBo, the driver for the evga card but nothing works. I'm using windows xp sp2. Any thoughts? Thanks.

A:EVGA GeForce 8400 GS on an Intel D101ggc has a bluish tint and dull

It appears you have answered your own question. If still under warranty, I would find a way to replace it.
Relevancy 32.25%

Last night i bought this:

Even tho my computer has SATA ports, the PSU doesn't have SATA connectors, so i was thinking about upgrading to a better PSU for my dual core, but is it worth it?
I have ide and everything moves fast already, so i was just curious

A:Is moving from IDE to Sata worth it?

Sure, less clutter in case for one, If I am not mistaken, sata may also be cheaper, yet faster. There are sata conecto to molex avaliable, 2 bucks. good luck and enjoy
Relevancy 31.82%

Hi everyone,

I am looking to sell my very new rig, less than 6 months old. I have it listed on ebay however i am not getting a great response as i would of hoped for. Someone has offered to pay 850 for this, which i think is very low.

Anyway , here are the specs.

850W NorthQ PSU
Silverstone TJ09B-W Black Aluminium Case (fantastic cooling)
6GB (3x2GB) Corsair Dominator, DDR3 @ 1600
BFG Nvidia GTX 295
Intel i7 2.66Ghz (can be overclocked )
Thermalright Ultra-120 heat sink with fan
Asus P6T SE Motherboard
Pioneer Blueray/DVD/CD/RW burner/player
1 TB Western DIgital Caviar Black Harddrive , 7200rpm, 32MB Cache
640 GB Western Digital Caviar Blue, hardrive, 7200rpm, 16MB Cache

30" Dell 3008WFP Midnight Grey Monitor (2560x1600)

Any comments welcome.

A:How much is my PC worth, advice for selling/any buyers here?

Computers and cars both depreciate badly when "driven" out of the showroom, so to speak.

Then too there's the emotional attachment to a machine that a seller has, that a buyer could care less about.

Additionally, that's why people are on Ebay in the first place, looking to buy something cheap. So, all of this should come as no big surprise.

I don't want to buy your machine, it's a bit too "competent" for my mainstream purposes, but perhaps more importantly, sales of equipment is not permitted in this forum. I suppose that a member could propose an offer via PM, but it really can't be discussed further in open forum. Sorry.
Relevancy 33.11%

EDIT Thread is now closed Thank you raybay and SNGX for your quick and simple answers Exactly what I needed to know Thread closed So i ve been seriously considering upgrading my Ethernet is Cat-6, it worth it? card and start using the cat- cable but is it really worth it for me I m currently using a Dell Dimension a Linksys Cat-6, is it worth it? WRT G router a Motorola modem Cat-6, is it worth it? with a Mbps internet speed from AT amp T yeah I went the cheap rout i m poor lol There are currently computers connected to our internet connection by wireless connected to the router via Ethernet cat- So with that in mind would I really notice any difference going from my cat- to a cat- if I get a new card to support cat- the current card is an integrated Intel PRO VE Network Connection I just need to know if it s worth it before buying a card and cat- cables one to run from the modem to the router and the other to run from the router to my desktop Thanks nbsp

A:Cat-6, is it worth it?

In big buildings, elevator shafts, roof tops, and complex equipment with many connectors, yes it is worth it... But it doesn't make any difference at all in a small office or your home.

It is somewhat more reliable as it ages... everything depends on how well the connectors are stamped on.
Relevancy 32.68%

I ve seen in shops they sell GB for and others sell them for There was also one time where one shop sold an Lexar GB for ha that USBRSDs much worth? How really are s cheap Then there were shops that sold them for and etc There were also GB and GB sold at exactly the same price even though the GB has x the space Then comes the GB and the GB where are about to Oh god I did see once a GB got sold at once but after few days they rose the price to about Insanity I say What I m trying to say is that are USBs really worth that much and are they worth it Should I just buy a TB internal HDD for instead of a GB flash drive though the advantage of a GB RSD is that I can take it anywhere with no problems of space usage Some are high and some are low I think it s all in comparison to the brand of the USB don t you think nbsp

A:How much are USBRSDs really worth?

For about $30 US you can get a 16GB one that is decent. The thing is most are going to be pretty slow for large file transfers, but they are way more portable than an actual external hard drive.

I guess it depends on how much moving of the drive you intend to do and how much space you need on which one you should get. I would never recommend using a usb flash stick for storing your only copy of important data.
Relevancy 36.55%

Hi guys after quite a bit of trouble with choosing comparing etc my next graphic card I decided to go with GeForce GTX mainly because it seems a bit better than radeon HD and even though it doesnt have dx as radeon has it has PhysX which is an advatage since newer games will focus on dx and not but anyway I m now stuck on choosing the quot type quot of this Zotac, gigabite type EVGA, GTX GeForce OC...) 260 (TOP, graphic I sort of eliminated the basic one because I dont really care about say - bucks for better performance and decided to go with ASUS TOP version but than I saw this Gigabite OC version and really can t tell which one is better they re almost the same price or if there is better type here are the types I came across on my GeForce GTX 260 type (TOP, Zotac, EVGA, gigabite OC...) shop website with prices in USD -GigaByte GTX SO GV -N SO - I MB PCI -E - -GigaByte GTX OC GV-N OC- I MB PCI-E - -Zotac GTX Synergy ZT-X E KG-FDR MB PCI-E - -Asus ENGTX Glacia tor Plus HTDI MD MB GeForce GTX 260 type (TOP, Zotac, EVGA, gigabite OC...) PCI -EAsus ENGTX Glacia tor Plus HTDI MD MB PCI -E - -Gainward -Bliss GTX Golden Sample MB PCI -E - - Zotac GeForce GTX GS AMP Editio n ZT -X E KG -FCP MB - - ASUS ENGTX TOP HTDI M from asus store http www asus com product aspx P ID wFbgFmfX Zo exlV amp templete - and many other types mainly Gigabite Zotac EVGA here is the link site is in my native tongue czech but you will be able to clearly understand the types and prices they have USD - czech crown http www czechcomputer cz fulltext jsp query GTX amp type stockitem what I m looking for is obviosly the best-go best performance and I would like it to eventualy be able to go crossfire when I upgrade my motherboard And I would like to ask if it would be compatible with my PC here are current specs Motherboard - ASUS M A Graphic interface - ATI Radeon HD Graphics Memory - mb dual CPU -AMD Athlon X CPU Speed - overclock from bus speed MHz Power Supply Make Model - Watt output Amperage - not important since I obviously need a new one for this graphic card OS Windows XP Prof bit thanks for any hints and help nbsp

A:GeForce GTX 260 type (TOP, Zotac, EVGA, gigabite OC...)

The Gigabyte GV?-N26SO?-896I? (Super overclock ) version is the best performer of the bunch. It is on par with the GTX 275 in performance and comes with the standard Gigabyte three year warranty.
Review here
Relevancy 31.39%

My MB can't go past an EE 955 or 965 EE so I can't go to a Core Duo or anything like that. I am using 32-bit Vista Ultimate with 4GB of RAM and an ATI 4670 card, primarily for watching SageTV. The board has a 975X chipset.

My question is would I notice much of an improvement jumping within the 900 series going from a 3.2GHz 800MHz FSB to the 3.46 or 3.73GHz 1066 FSB? Particularly for using DirectShow filters for decoding H.264 video.

I need to prolong this computer as long as I can, and I can't adequately overclock my current CPU, so that is out as well.

Any opinions would be appreciated, especially from anyone who has actually tried that sort of jump.

A:Pentium D 3.2GHz 800MHz FSB to 955 EE or 965 EE 1066 - Worth it?

According to Intel, that chipset supports core 2 duo's with a FSB of 1066 MHz or less. A good option would be the Core 2 Duo E7500.
Relevancy 37.84%

My Gtx crapped out so I called EVGA to get eVGA over Fuming a replacement After tests a stool sample and a promise to give up my first born child they agreed to replace my card I shipped my card off to them and about days later I get an email telling me that they will not replace the card because when they looked at my card it had a tiny Fuming over eVGA i mean tiny chip at the very edge of the card They said that this damage is Fuming over eVGA a total loss to the card and they will not replace it The chip touches nothing not the circuitry at all and is so smal that you can barely see it My wife unfortunately did not ensure the shipping of my card so Im out of luck EVGA knew the card was bad IE the RMA they gave me before i shipped it off Anyone else have the crappy customer support from them or am I one of the goats running out to slaughter nbsp

A:Fuming over eVGA

When I RMA'd my video card EVGA responded very quickly. They gave me an RMA number just a few hours after I requested an RMA, and I got my new card just under two weeks after I shipped it to them. My card did not have any damage like a chip out of the edge though.
Relevancy 32.25%

Hi I m thinking about buying this PC and wondering if it is worth the I worth money? CyberPowerPC the don t have much knowledge of computers so I don t know if it will be worth it CyberPowerPC GU Gaming Desktop PC Specs -AMD Phenom II Ghz Quad-Core Socket AM CPU w HyperTransport Technology -AMD GX Chipset Mainboard - x PCI-e x supports CrossFire - x DIMM DDR slots - x PCI-e x - x PCI - x USB x rear x front -Realtek ALC ch Audio -GB LAN - x CyberPowerPC worth the money? SATA -I O x PS x USB x DVI x VGA x HDMI Audio RJ- - GB x GB PC DDR Dual Channel Memory - GB SATA-II Gb s RPM HDD -ATI Radeon HD MB PCI Express Video Card - x DVI and x S-Video Out HDTV Compatible - x DVD R RW DUAL LAYER DRIVE -Logitech Deluxe PS Keyboard -Logitech Optical Wheel PS Mouse -Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium -Bit CyberPowerPC worth the money? -Coolermaster Centurion Gaming Case w W Power Supply -Dimensions x x in W x H x D Price All help and advice will be greatly appreciated Thanks in advance nbsp

A:CyberPowerPC worth the money?

Well, what exactly is your budget for the PC? I would recommend building one yourself.

Does the above build include a monitor?
Relevancy 31.82%

OK so I'm trying to pick out a gaming laptop and I know very little about computers as I am just starting to get into playing online games. I'm going to be playing either Aion, WoW, or a FPS like CoD. My price range is $800 to $1100. I don't care about playing everything on the best settings I just don't want the computer to be really slow in populated areas or when I'm PvPing. I've read reviews on everything from gateway to asus then over to dell and basicly I have no idea whats really good and what is just ok for what you are paying for.

A:Which gaming laptops are worth the money?

you're not going to get a gaming laptop for $1100 - you'll get an all purpose business machine for that price.

Gaming laptops typically run in excess of $1800....

the best ones are around $4000 plus
Relevancy 36.55%

Hi guys I just needed some advice as to whether this plan will come to fruition I have an ASUS EN GTS MB DDR that burnt out started seeing horizontal spots all over the screen and win -bit won t boot because of it Hence I have decided I will be getting a higher end video card to replace GTX260 core216 OC Planning GeForce buy to EVGA my year old GTS that I had paid CAD for Also I had modded the card with a Duorb VGA cooler about a month ago The new cards I have been looking at seem very power hungry and that is why the GTX core OC seems interesting I humbly require your expert opinions to help me decide if this thing will work with my rig or not And what alternatives can i go for Please note that I am not restricted to NVIDIA I am flexible for ATI Planning to buy EVGA GeForce GTX260 core216 OC s as well My rig specs are as follows Motherboard with only one PCIe x slot AMD Planning to buy EVGA GeForce GTX260 core216 OC Athlon x GHz AM socket modded w mm TR fan from Tt GB DDR RAM MHz W Antec PSU SLI ready NZXT Zero Case with x mm case fans LED SATA HDD one of them is a GB Hitachi rpm other is Seagate GB Windows RC -Bit Your thoughts are MOST welcome nbsp

A:Planning to buy EVGA GeForce GTX260 core216 OC

That card is a good choice. I'd go for a better psu with that thing, you'd barely make it.

On the other hand look into a 4890 1gb, it does beat out the 260 in some benchmarks and is a bit cheaper.
Relevancy 32.25%

I have a bit of a dinosaur of a system....Pentium 4 2.8 Ghz chip, ASROCK PV488 motherboard, 1 GB RAM, and an Nvidia 7600 GS card. I don't have the scratch to build a new system yet, although I've gotten some great ideas from people on this board on my next b uild (thanks, Techspot community).

Anyway, I'm wondering if it's worthwhile to upgrade my AGP card to eek out another year or so of use. What are the thoughts of other techies out there? The big questions I have is...will it make a difference, and does the motherboard limit the 'strength' of the AGP card that you can use? My card right now is only 256 MB and 128 bit. I read about this AGP card supposed to be the top of the line for AGP, 512 MB, 256-bit, DDR2, etc etc.

Thoughts, comments, jeers?

A:Worth it to upgrade my AGP card?

From here:

1 x AGP8X/4X slot, 1.5VClick to expand...

No it is not worth updating your AGP Video Card
Your Motherboard designates what you can use

By the way 2.8GHz is not all that bad, the system is still good for medium gaming and all Windows and programs.

That's my thoughts
Relevancy 30.96%

Anyone know the answer to the above question? It would be on an older Intel 955 chipset MB, 32-bit XP Pro, 2GB, Pentium D 900 series 2.8GHz.

Would setting the MB Bios to SATA, AHCI, "F6" SATA Driver installation when installing WinXP, etc. vs. just leaving it at "Enhanced IDE" make any real-world day to day performance difference?

Just curious.

A:Vertex Drive - Is It Worth It To Install SATA drivers or just go with IDE Enhanced?

Would setting the MB Bios to SATA, AHCI, "F6" SATA Driver installation when installing WinXP, etc. vs. just leaving it at "Enhanced IDE" make any real-world day to day performance difference?Click to expand...

I'm not sure, default value is probably the right value. The vertex drive has a lot of speed IDE interface is not enough, you must have a physical SATA2, if that is even part of this.
Relevancy 36.98%

Like the name says i have an EVGA nVIDIA 9400 GT 1 gig video card, 2.8 dual core processor, 3 gigs of ram, runnin xp, wondering if i can tweak it to improve performance for both call of duty 4 and battlefield 2.. anything else you need to know about my computer just let me know i'll be sure to post it here .. thx in advance

A:Help with tweaking eVGA Nvidia 9400 GT

Try downloading Nvidias "NTUNE" software amd use it to increase your video performance
Relevancy 32.25%

Hi First time posting so be gentle I bought an Acer Aspire T a couple of years back and have put a bit more ram in it and a better graphics card since but I m now using an external drive a lot as my internal drive a paltry gb is chock a block I bought a new internal nd drive on my Is upgrading worth PC? it ram? Limit at abou quid for gb but it won t mount so I m planning on returning it It s got me thinking though can I actually upgrade it much more and is it going to be worth it I ask because I only have ram slots One has a gb card in the other has a mb in When I look for a single stick of say or gb ram of the type of ram I have I can only seem to Is it worth upgrading PC? Limit on my ram? find it Is it worth upgrading PC? Limit on my ram? max of gb per stick So I have a couple of queries - My ram type is DDR MHz PC Is the biggest I can get this gb Is that a restriction - The PC is Acer Aspire T AMD Sempron bit It now has a mb graphics card but it s still not running how I d like it Will I be able to improve this a lot more or should I do what I want to do and just get a decent-spec laptop Any thoughts much appreciated hrhkingcol nbsp

A:Is it worth upgrading PC? Limit on my ram?

If you decide to get a new pc then i would recommend one of novatech's bare bones packages. I got a amd duo core 5200 package for 230 coupled with a cd drive and hard drive. then add a decent card like a 9600gt for about 80 or get a cheaper 55 8600gt which can run any title available today on low graphics. It depends on what you are using it for.
Relevancy 31.39%

I have a gaming laptop that has a dual core, 4gb's of ram, NVIDIA GeForce 8400M G 1,2 GPU with 256 MB of dedicated GDDR2 VRAM and up to 1 GB of TurboCache?1.90 ghz, and I haven't came across too many games I can't run decently. I had no idea that the solid state drives were out. So I'm thinking of buying this:

Lexar EX16GB-431 16GB(SSD) from newegg.

My question is about value. This card cost about $50 bucks for a side plug into my laptop. If I install, for example, Empire total war, on this solid state drive. Will it run that much smoother and faster or will it show no difference?

A:Solid state drives and gaming, worth it?

Basically the only thing the Solid State Drive (SSD) will improve for gaming is the time a level takes to load. Which I think is not worth it at all for the prices SSDs have for their capacaties.

I am glad that SSDs are out and are getting faster and bigger, but they are too expensive at this point in time and not worth it for the average person I reckon.
Relevancy 33.11%

can anybody tell me how much my pc is worth reason being iv just got a laptop and id like to sell so i can buy better components heres some much pc worth? is my How details Operating System Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate DirectX DirectX Date Time - - Computer Type ACPI x -based PC Motherboard System Memory MB DDR - DDR SDRAM Motherboard Name Asus P N-E SLI PCI PCI-E x PCI-E x DDR DIMM Audio How much my pc is worth? Gigabit LAN IEEE- Motherboard Chipset nVIDIA nForce i SLI DIMM OCZ Gold XTC OCZ G G GB DDR - DDR SDRAM - - - MHz - - - MHz - - - MHz DIMM OCZ Gold XTC OCZ G G GB DDR - DDR SDRAM - - - MHz - - - MHz - - - MHz DIMM GeIL CL - - DDR GB DDR - DDR SDRAM - - - MHz - - - MHz - - - MHz CPU Type Intel Core How much my pc is worth? Quad Q Socket GHz FSB MB Cache Communication Port Printer Port LPT Communication Port Communications Port COM Communication Port Bluetooth Serial Port COM Communication Port Bluetooth Serial Port COM Communication Port Bluetooth Serial Port COM Communication Port Bluetooth Serial Port COM Communication Port Bluetooth Serial Port COM Communication Port Bluetooth Serial Port COM Communication Port Bluetooth Serial Port COM Communication Port Bluetooth Serial Port COM Communication Port Bluetooth Serial Port COM BIOS Type Award Display Video Adapter NVIDIA GeForce GS MB Video Adapter NVIDIA GeForce GS MB D Accelerator nVIDIA GeForce GS Multimedia Audio Adapter Realtek ALC nVIDIA nForce i MCP - High Definition Audio Controller Storage Storage Controller Microsoft iSCSI Initiator SMART Hard Disks Status OK Optical Drive LITE-ON DVDRW SOHW- S ATA Device DVD R x DVD RW x x DVD-RW x x DVD-ROM x CD x x x DVD RW DVD-RW Optical Drive ATAPI DVD-ROM X ATA Device x DVD-ROM IDE Controller Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller IDE Controller Standard AHCI Serial ATA Controller IDE Controller NVIDIA nForce Serial ATA Controller IDE Controller NVIDIA nForce Serial ATA Controller Floppy Drive Floppy disk drive Disk Drive WDC WD EB- DJF ATA Device GB IDE Disk Drive SAMSUNG HD HJ P SCSI Disk Device GB RPM SATA-II Disk Drive MAXTOR STM A ATA Device GB RPM Ultra-ATA Partitions H NTFS Tb MB D NTFS MB C NTFS MB Input Mouse HID-compliant mouse Keyboard Standard PS Keyboard Network Network Adapter TP-LINK TL-WN N N Wireless Adapter Network Adapter MAC Bridge Miniport Modem Bluetooth Fax Modem Modem Bluetooth DUN Modem Peripherals USB Controller nVIDIA nForce i MCP - EHCI USB Controller USB Controller nVIDIA nForce i MCP - OHCI USB Controller USB Device USB Human Interface Device USB Device TP-LINK TL-WN N N Wireless Adapter USB Device RFMD Bluetooth Device Printer Microsoft XPS Document Writer Printer Fax FireWire Controller VIA VT Fire II IEEE Host Controller PHY VIA VT uploaded some pics aswell nbsp

A:How much my pc is worth?

Depends where you're selling it.
Online, you might get $800 if you're lucky.
Relevancy 33.11%

Im just trying to get an understanding i run all my games at max on a samsong 1440x900 res and its amazing BUT will there be a boost in graphics if i add another one? Or will it look the same and i just wasted 350 dollars BTW i have the GTX285 this is just for my knowlegde im not acutally going to do it.

A:SLI worth it?

get a GTX260, it is perfect for this rez, my 9800gt can run crysis warhead all full with 0 lag
Relevancy 32.25%

I ve upgraded my main system about as far as i can go and am looking into buying a new one to Worth Core? a going Quad I ve been building pc s long enough to know the game on most everything Worth going to a Quad Core? but reading up on processor developement has got me a bit stumped Basicaly- Dual and Quad cores are not being fully utilized yet but are predicted to be the way of the future especialy now with bit integration But I have also read that the multiple cores are only important for multi tasking and if you are just looking for performance just focus on speed Now is this the case because applications aren t utilizing the multiple cores yet and if i buy a - ghz processor will it be trumped when the dual and quad cores start being fully used Guess i dont want to be where i was when i bought my last pc and everyone said the pci express was dead tech and i should get a agp mobo Is this the time to wait and see how thigns turnout first or a good time to buy nbsp

A:Worth going to a Quad Core?

I think if all is maxed out now but you are reasonably happy with the performance then I would wait!

If you are not much of a multitasker then you are correct the 3.4 single core or higher is better!

Relevancy 36.55%

Evga just released their GPU post Evga GPU results your Tuner, Voltage voltage tuner exclusively for GTX and cards and now a patch has been released allowing higher unsafe voltages and foreign cards google it So I thought there should be a thread for people to post their results with overvolting Provide essential information if you can some are not too important Your card a brand and or any factory overclocks Any prior overvolting via hardworking or BIOS Stable clock speeds prior to overvolting Stable clock speeds after overvolting Amount of overvolting ex mw - gt mw Temperatures from a reliable source I hear GPU-z is good Evga Precision seems concurrent Graphics card Evga GPU Voltage Tuner, post your results and case cooling ex Stock fan at fan speed and one mm HDD fan with cfm Method for testing stability I just run the Crysis Benchmark GPU demo for a while Driver version for simplicity and convenience you can just say latest if thats what you have Motherboard if that matters I don t really know Any other relent data If your card still works v can be fatal Stay safe don t push your voltage too far the patch removes the safety limitations Evga put on if you have any recommendations or other comments post those too nbsp

A:Evga GPU Voltage Tuner, post your results

I will post my own results as soon as i have time...
Relevancy 31.82%

Hi all, I'm thinking of buying the following components for a new system. I want it for gaming, and just thought I'd get some opinions on whether it is worth the dosh; or if there are better components available for similar money.

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000 3.1GHz Socket AM2 1MB L2 (2x512KB) Cache Retail Boxed Processor - 68

Motherboard ASUS M2N68 nForce 630a Socket AM2+ - 50

A:Processor + Motherboard: Worth buying?

well hat depends on what your other components are and what games you'll be playing, but besides these things, the combo looks good.
Relevancy 32.68%

Hi, I currently have the stock AMD fan, and my system is very quiet - I want it to stay that way. Will this fan be as quiet and cool the system better on low settings? specs:

-AM2 5000+ X2 2.6ghz w/stock fan
-PNY 8800GT
-580w X-Power PSU
-Xilence 80mm blowing out of the side (15dba)
-Akasa 80mm blowing out of the back (20dba)
-System blower under graphics card (about 18dba)
-120mm akasa at the bottom (18dba)

Thanks, I just can't find enough info on this :/

EDIT: nvm, got it answered elsewhere.

A:Akasa AK-862 - worth it?

"EDIT: nvm, got it answered elsewhere"...

Good for you... Thanks for the update
Relevancy 36.12%

This is my system MB:
* MB manufacturer name: ASUS A7V8X-LA
* HP/Compaq name: Kamet2-GL6E

Compaq Presario S6500NX
Video: VIA SG3 Unichrome IGP 64MB Max
Processor: AMD Athlon XP 3000+ 2.2GHz
and 512MB Of RAM

I am buying a EVGA e-GeForce 6800XT W Fan 128MB PCI-Express 128-P2-N367-TX video card(unless someone recommends another) An want to know how to install it, and what I'll need to install it(BTW I am upgrading to 1.5GB's of RAM and a 400W PS before I buy this)

A:Help with installing EVGA GeForce 6800XT on a Compaq S6500NX

It should not be too much of a problem to install the new video card. You just open the case and install the card in the AGP slot on the motherboard. The card should be autodetected on boot up
Relevancy 33.11%

i had some parts stored and just got them back out to me Can this is worth how anyone tell much find i can build Can anyone tell me how much this is worth a whole pc so if anyone can give me a idea on how much its worth plz Computer Type ACPI Multiprocessor PC Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Professional OS Service Pack Service Pack Internet Explorer IE DirectX DirectX c Motherboard CPU Type DualCore Intel Pentium E MHz x Motherboard Name Asus P N-E SLI PCI PCI-E x PCI-E x DDR DIMM Audio Gigabit LAN IEEE- Motherboard Chipset nVIDIA nForce i SLI System Memory MB DDR - DDR SDRAM DIMM GeIL CL - - DDR GB DDR - DDR SDRAM - - - MHz - - - MHz - - - MHz BIOS Type Award Communication Port Communications Port COM Communication Port Printer Port LPT Display Video Adapter NVIDIA GeForce GS MB D Accelerator nVIDIA GeForce GS Monitor LiquidVideo A X X quot LCD Multimedia Audio Adapter Realtek ALC nVIDIA nForce i MCP - High Definition Audio Controller Storage IDE Controller Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller IDE Controller Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller IDE Controller Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller Storage Controller JMicron JMB X Controller Floppy Drive Floppy disk drive Disk Drive MAXTOR STM A GB RPM Ultra-ATA Disk Drive SAMSUNG HD HJ P GB RPM SATA-II Disk Drive WDC WD EB- DJF GB IDE Optical Drive ATAPI DVD-ROM X x DVD-ROM Optical Drive LITE-ON DVDRW SOHW- S DVD R x DVD RW x x DVD-RW x x DVD-ROM x CD x x x DVD RW DVD-RW SMART Hard Disks Status OK Partitions C NTFS MB MB free D NTFS MB MB free H NTFS MB MB free Total Size GB GB free Input Keyboard Standard -Key or Microsoft Natural PS Keyboard Mouse HID-compliant mouse Peripherals FireWire Controller VIA VT Fire II IEEE Host Controller PHY VIA VT USB Controller nVIDIA nForce i MCP - OHCI USB Controller USB Controller nVIDIA nForce i MCP - EHCI USB Controller DMI DMI BIOS Vendor Phoenix Technologies LTD DMI BIOS Version ASUS P N-E SLI ACPI BIOS Revision DMI Motherboard Manufacturer ASUSTeK Computer INC DMI Motherboard Product P N-E SLI DMI Motherboard Version XX DMI Chassis Type Desktop Case DMI Total Free Memory Sockets nbsp

A:Can anyone tell me how much this is worth

come on plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Relevancy 32.25%

Hello all,

I have a 8800GTX and a decent spec pc to match (so there aren't any substantial bottlenecks) but I've recently bought a 1920x1200 monitor, so my games are running a bit slower than they used to...

I've heard CF and SLI are best for higher resolutions, my MB supports CF but not SLI.

Is the 4870 worth it? Or am I going to have to pay a lot to see a reasonable gain?

A:Upgrading my 8800GTX, worth it?

A single HD 4870 will give you good performance at that resolution. For more power, the GTX 280 is the next best choice.