Windows Support Forum

Sony Memory Stick Reader & Windows XP

Q: Sony Memory Stick Reader & Windows XP

I just got a Sony Brand USB Memory Stick Reader and installed it on WinXP - hassle free, no drivers required.

However, when I insert a Memory Stick, no drive letter is assigned to the stick. The Drive shows up in Windows XP's Disk Management but without a Letter. If I try to assign a letter, it says I need to reboot the computer.

If I reboot, a letter will be assigned and I can read from the memory stick without a problem - BUT when I reinsert the Stick, the same thing happens! Basically I have to reboot everytime I want to read one of my memory sticks....

I don't think its supposed to work this way....

Any suggestions!??

Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sony-memory-stick-reader-windows-xp.76955/
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Sony Memory Stick Reader & Windows XP

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 108.79%

I am using Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit. I've been trying to install a Sony Memory Stick Reader/Writer MSAC-US1A but every time I do, it says that it cannot find the drivers. I've attempted to download and install some versions of the drivers meant for older versions of Windows, but those didn't work either.

Is there any way to find a driver that will allow me to use a Sony Memory Stick Reader/Writer MSAC-US1A on Windows 7?

A:Drivers for Sony Memory Stick Reader/Writer MSAC-US1A on Windows 7.

Quote: Originally Posted by Roboticon

I am using Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit. I've been trying to install a Sony Memory Stick Reader/Writer MSAC-US1A but every time I do, it says that it cannot find the drivers. I've attempted to download and install some versions of the drivers meant for older versions of Windows, but those didn't work either.

Is there any way to find a driver that will allow me to use a Sony Memory Stick Reader/Writer MSAC-US1A on Windows 7?

Welcome to the forum,

All I see is an XP Driver here,

Sony eSupport - MSAC-US1A - Software Updates & Drivers

You can try installing in Compatibility Mode

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/165801-drivers-sony-memory-stick-reader-writer-msac-us1a-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 104.92%

Hi I have been using my Sony Memory Stick Reader MSAC-US for over a year now I had to do a quot format and recovery quot on my PC Win SE and now am trying to get all my programs reloaded and on the machine I plugged the memory stick reader into it s USB port put in the quot Driver Software quot CD for this Memory Stick Reader Writer and it appeared to go through the Wizard downloading I clicked yes to everything it said the PC had to shut down and restart I clicked yes when it restarted a little box said it was building a new driver Well once I was back on I pushed the memory stick into the reader looked in quot My Computer quot and could not find the usual little icon for the quot D quot drive that I had reader stick Memory Sony before the whole format and recovery I opened my quot Microsoft Picture It Express quot clicked on all the right things to open got to the choice of where to look for my pics and found that there was no quot D quot in the choices When I push my memory stick Sony Memory stick reader in a little quot access quot light briefly comes on and then off as it has in the past whenever I insert the memory stick Any ideas Where can I look for this driver quot D quot I really need to get this up and running and am not sharp enough to know where to begin I have tried reloading it repeatedly with no results Please please help me I really can t afford to rebuy this Thanks nbsp

A:Sony Memory stick reader

Hi, solved my own problem!! I tried right clking "My Computer">properties>Device Manager>looked down the list & found "other devices", opened and saw something with MSAC-US1, which is on my memory stick reader, doble clked, it asked if I wanted to find the best driver> yes> and kept saying yes till it was done. It works!! Wooohoooo! Hope this helps someone else.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sony-memory-stick-reader.233387/
Relevancy 79.55%

Sony Vaio - Memory Stick Pro Device
Hi Guys,

I have a Sony Vaio Laptop (VGN-NS20E) with a built in Memory Stick Pro reader (Magic gate)

When I insert a memory stick pro adaptor with micro sd card it locks up windows. I have tried the stick in an external reader and it works ok, It also worked on my old sony vaio.
I have also tried a friends memory stick in the magic gate reader and it reads that ok.
Does anyone know if the newer magic gate readers will read memory stick pro duo adaptors for micro sd cards. Do I need to update drivers ???
any help appreciated.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-stick-pro-reader.837610/
Relevancy 79.55%

Hello

When I go to use the media manager Memory Stick reader on my desktop I can only put the Memory Stick in once. When I attempt to put the memory stick in a second time or a different card the cpu will not read it, the cpu with do nothing no response. Could anyone help me out there?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-stick-reader.551260/
Relevancy 78.69%

Hi I m running XP Home on an Alienware Area- PC I use memory sticks in both my PDA and my digital camera On an earlier PC running SE I used with no problem a small green memory stick reader USB connection --which worked fine for anything I needed -- downloading photos writing to the stick formatting When I went to the new PC it didn t work at all after numerous uninstall reinstall tries and I decided the software wouldn t work with XP So I bought a new reader writer a Dazzle also USB Failures, two Memory Stick Reader and it doesn t really work either When I click on the quot photos quot icon in Explorer it accesses the stick but clicking on the folder in which the pictures are either freezes the PC necessitating a reboot or simply closes Explorer So finally my question Is there some memory stick reader that s sure not to fail like this is there some way to tweak Explorer to fix this or Thanks nbsp

A:Memory Stick Reader Failures, two

Have you got SP1 on XP. There were some problems with the USB support on the base install.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-stick-reader-failures-two.252920/
Relevancy 78.69%

Like many boards, Gigabyte 7VAXP comes with the Winbond Smart I/O connectors (white). Where can I get a reader/writer that connects to it?

On the right hand bottom corner are the connectors for Secure digital (brown), Memory stick (White) and Smart Card Reader (black)

Thanks!

Relevancy 78.26%

My Camera (Sony Cyber-shot) keeps saying Format Error every time I turn it on. When I connect it to my MacBook it won't detect it, so I cant get my pictures off. It all started when I was talking pictures and some of them would just say file error when I went to view them and then they wouldn't be there, but now it is worse. Is there any way to save my other pictures?

A:Sony memory stick Pro Duo

Have you tried to read the memory in a card reader ??

And welcome to the TSG Forum

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sony-memory-stick-pro-duo.1001558/
Relevancy 78.26%

Hello I recently bought a new camera I own a Sony DSC-H and I ve loved every minute of it My problem is for the first few weeks i was able to insert the adapter into my computer and be able to read the pictures off the card and be able to transfer them to my computer Now all of a sudden when i insert the card into my computer it asks me to reformat the card I kept taking it out and putting it back in to no availability So i decided to transfer all the pictures to my friends computer and erase all the pics off the card Now the card works on my friends computer but not on mine So i reformatted the card and it wouldn t fully go I don t know whats wrong or if i hit some sort of setting Sony Stick Duo Memory for the card not to read Its a high speed Sony memory stick duo and i know its not the card I have a Gateway MT Sony Memory Stick Duo laptop with Windows Vista on it gb ram and a gb hard drive nbsp

Relevancy 78.26%

I have 2GB memory stick pro(made in Japan) that I use for my camera. It was working find and I can see the picture but now when I put it the reader to open it. the driver says:

you need to format the disk in the drive

However, the picture are important and I don't want them to be deleted. Is there any other way?
Note: I have windows 7 ultimate

Relevancy 77.83%

My other computer died(it's getting fixed) so I'm borrowing my kids computer. I wanted to add my memory stick reader/writer to this computer also but I've installed the driver(s)but I can't seem to get it to work still. On my other computer I just put in my memory stick and then clicked on My Computer and picked the drive that it was found on. I don't see that on this computer.

I am running Win98SE and I'm using IE6. My digi-cam is a Sony Cybershot DCS-P72

Any ideas on how to remedy this situation?

Relevancy 77.83%

http://www.jascoproducts.com/products/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=6&idproduct=70
Hi, I bought this about a year ago and it worked at first but as time passed sometimes it would work and sometimes it wouldn't when I put in my memory stick to upload pictures, etc. Now I've been trying for a couple of days and whenever I insert it into the usb port the light flashes green (somestimes remains green) and the computer shows that that removable drive is there when I go to 'my computer'. But when I click on it it says "Please insert the removable drive E)" or it freezes my computer. I even tried it on a laptop and it doesn't want to open up.

A:GE Memory Stick Card Reader not working!

Hi and welcome. As with anything else, sometimes they go bad. Check to see if it's still under warranty.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ge-memory-stick-card-reader-not-working.740736/
Relevancy 77.4%

Hey! I'm not sure if I'm posting this under the right section but I know that a lot of cameras use core duo sticks so maybe someone might know.. my memory stick is actually for my psp, and when I go to use a program to add photos and whatnot to my memory stick, it says that it's read-only. How do I change this?
The error actually says : Could not create a file on the memory stick. Please check the write protect tab on the memory stick is not set to read only.
??
I don't even see a write protect tab!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sony-core-duo-memory-stick-4gb.635829/
Relevancy 77.4%

I just got a new Sony camera and it takes memory stick pro duo memory. I have an older Sony that takes memory stick pro - are those sticks different? I tried to put the memory stick pro in and it appears to be too thick.

Relevancy 77.4%

and sony memory stick duo interchangable. Eg. could I use my normal memory stick in a new camera that uses memory stick duo, and also the other way around, using a memory stick duo with a camera that now uses memory stick. Hope you can understand this.

Relevancy 77.4%

I own a Sony Cybershot DSCW and when I put my Duo Sony Stick Memory Issue sony memory card in the camera on off button settings buttons and shutter button stop working completely and the lcd portion is the only part that stays on The memory card will not read in either my card reader for the computer or my camera earlier it gave a reinsert memory card error when put Sony Memory Stick Duo Issue into the camera I cleaned it with a pencil eraser and soft cloth as Sony tech assistance suggested After cleaning it the error message stopped coming up completely it stops the camera from working at all as I described above with the working lcd and inability to push any buttons on camera Has anyone ever had a similar issue to this I really want to recover these photos that I am currently unable to access so if anyone has any suggestions on either how I can fix the issue or where anyone recommends I send the card into for file recovery not Best Buys Geek Squad because when I called they d charge to send it in which is way too much or even if anyone has had success in recovery from a situation like this any advice would be appreciated nbsp

A:Sony Memory Stick Duo Issue

Welcome to the TSG Forum
Have you tried a new Sony memory card to see if the camera works correctly with it ???

I'd try a data recovery program on the Bad Sony memory card when installed in your card reader ..
Recommended Free Recovery programs

I've used Recuva & PC Inspector.
Do NOT write anything to the Mem Card .. until you recover it's contents

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sony-memory-stick-duo-issue.1003300/
Relevancy 77.4%

Hi all,

My memory card (sony memory stick pro duo 4gb) has just been emptied after being full. When I turned my camera back on, it says I have 93 pictures left to take, when it should really say over 1,000. To make things worse, I'm on a mac and have no idea what I'm doing. Help would be greatly appreciated as I am going on holiday in 2 days and would really like to take more than 93 pictures...

Thanks!

A:Solved: Sony Memory Stick Pro Duo 4gb

Check the camera to make sure you are not taking pics in a very high resolution. You should also be able to view the contents of the memory stick in Windows Explorer to verify that there are no files that are not being transferred properly.

Regards,
Rollin

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-sony-memory-stick-pro-duo-4gb.799549/
Relevancy 76.97%

ok memory reader card is duo slot? need it help even pro in i laptop possible? stick SD i was bored and got some homebrew for my ds but i needed some files off my psp memory stick and couldnt be bothered to charge memory stick pro duo in laptop SD card reader slot? it is even possible? i need help it as its dead and i cant find the charger so i thauhgt quot ill try it in my laptop sd card slot reader quot and after a some moments later bang autorun pops up with the memory stick icon on it all the files are accessable aswell now my question is HOW DID THIS WORK i looked in the slot and the pins are much to big spaces to fit all the pins on the card everyone know theres a size difference between sd and memorystick how did it work i didnt think there were duel sd and memory stick readers all the usb ones if seen have seperate slots this is memory stick pro duo in laptop SD card reader slot? it is even possible? i need help bugging me as it shouldnt that and i have to get it in just the right place to get it to work it doesnt seem to fit snug in the slot any idea on how the hell this is working thanks nbsp memory stick pro duo in laptop SD card reader slot? it is even possible? i need help

A:memory stick pro duo in laptop SD card reader slot? it is even possible? i need help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-stick-pro-duo-in-laptop-sd-card-reader-slot-it-is-even-possible-i-need-help.662784/
Relevancy 76.97%

Just upgraded my computer, and ever since I got it back, it shuts down everytime I try to use the scanner or memory stick reader. Have no clue what the problem is. Any help?? I don't really know much about computers!!

A:Computer shuts down when I try to use scanner & memory stick reader

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-shuts-down-when-i-try-to-use-scanner-memory-stick-reader.117298/
Relevancy 76.54%

Hi,

I have a Sony T20 digital camera with a 4GB memory stick pro duo (magicgate).
I have just returned from holiday and on viewing the photos I noticed that whilst viewing the photos on the camera, there are some blue squares where some of the pics should be.
When i then transfer the stick to my Sony Vaio laptop, I can then see all of the photos.
Any ideas why there are blue squares instead of photos?
I saw the pics when i first turned the camera on to have a look.

Thanks again

Rob

A:Sony memory stick photo problem...

You could format the card in the camera and see if that helps. If you usually just delete the photos you should format from time to time. The file allocation table can get things pretty fragmented if you don’t. I format every time rather than delete the photos after I download them.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sony-memory-stick-photo-problem.838966/
Relevancy 76.54%

I have a Sony Cybershot P digital camera with a SanDisk MB MemoryStick Pro The MemoryStick will hold approximately images when shot at resolution I problems Cybershot Sony Memory Stick shot about images last night Sony Cybershot Memory Stick problems at resolution reviewed a few of them as I was shooting shot more then the camera quot locked up quot on me -- the LCD screen went blank and I couldn t shoot anything I tried turning it off to no avail and finally pulled out the batteries reinserted them and turned it back on Everything seemed fine and I shot more pictures reviewed them shot more et cetera then turned off the camera for the evening Late late last night I needed Sony Cybershot Memory Stick problems to shoot two more pictures Right after I shot them the camera locked up again and now all but images the first I shot are GONE My MemoryStick readout on the camera says there s only room for about more pictures hence I feel like the pictures are SOMEWHERE on the stick but when I slide the stick in my card reader on my computer they re not there nor are they there in review mode on the camera The numbering on the pictures indicates there are approximately missing images Is there any way I can retrieve these pictures that SEEM to be there but I can t access them Has anyone else had this kind of problem with SanDisk or Sony Cybershots This has happened twice before to me ANY INSIGHT OR INFORMATION WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED Thanks Lily J nbsp

A:Sony Cybershot Memory Stick problems

sounds like a battery issue. I would recommend using an ac adapter when reviewing pictures and printing.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sony-cybershot-memory-stick-problems.26510/
Relevancy 76.54%

Need to know a good memory stick for my Sony Mavica MVC FD100 camera Are so many online (Amazon EBay etc) I don't know what kind to get that will fit the alloted slot on my camera Did use floppys but are obsolete so need to get smarter & buy a memory stick (My camera calls for Memory Stick not Memoy card) & since I don't know the difference I obviously need help What kind do I buy I don't need much memory but don't know which one will fit my camera

Thanks from the KansasKid

A:Sony Maciva MVC FD100 Memory stick

"Memory stick" is just the name Sony gave to their card but, it may have a propritory pin arangement, meaning you'd have to use one of them.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sony-maciva-mvc-fd100-memory-stick.1061579/
Relevancy 76.54%

I have XP OS on a WInbook X1 laptop and latest SP and upgraded. When I access my Sony memory stick using USB I'm asked if I want to format the drive. Any suggestions on how see the drive verses always being asked to format it?

A:Sony memory stick read problems

After you format it, it should stop asking you. Format it in FAT32.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sony-memory-stick-read-problems.34988/
Relevancy 76.54%

I am trying to get pictures off of my Sony Memory Stick. When I open the pictures off of my drive with Adobe Photoshop, the 9 pictures that the camera takes in procession, appear grouped together as one image file. I know that I used to have software that came with my digital camcorder which extracted the pictures so that each one could be read individually, but I can't find it.

Does anyone know where I can get the software or is there a way to read the pictures seperately like I want??

Thanks!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-sony-memory-stick-photo-problem.27102/
Relevancy 76.54%

Hi I tried to transfer some photos via Windows Explorer from a Sony memory stick duo pro (photos taken from digital camera) to my laptop, but the usb cable slipped halfway through and disconnected from the memory stick card reader. When reconnected, there were hundreds of folders which all said ''folder is empty''and I cannot find my photos anywhere!! Usually it should only have 2 folders - DCIM and MISC and the photos would all sit under DCIM. Those were really memorable photos and I hope you can help me recover them. Please help!

Relevancy 76.54%

I ve owned the sony duo memory Sony stick format pro error webbie hd MHS-PM for a few months now i had no problem with it till now i turn it on it flashes and reads FORMAT ERROR so i formatted it through the cam itself and didn t seem to fix anything then i tried connecting it to my laptop Dell Latitude D with the usb cable now it recognized it i Sony memory stick pro duo format error saw two pictures tried to format it through there then a window popped up telling me that it was quot write protected quot write protected i don t remember locking Sony memory stick pro duo format error it in anyway so i ve tried on slipping it into my parents hp desktops MS PRO Duo PRO Duo slot And the desktop then does not read it at ALL i hoped i explained myself well if i ve left anything out that u may need to know just let me know i m going on vaca in a few days and dont want to have to buy a new memory stick if i dont have to pls help THANX IN ADVANCE D nbsp

A:Sony memory stick pro duo format error

Buy a new card. You always should have a spare for a vacation. And test it before you leave too.

As to the first card, it sounds dead. SO now you gotta buy two cards.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sony-memory-stick-pro-duo-format-error.935673/
Relevancy 76.54%

There is a memory stick error C:13:01. I have tried the reset button, tried 3 other memory
sticks and none of them work. I do not have any pics on the stick but I sure would like the use of my camera.Manual says terminal may need cleaning. Does anyone know a simple way of cleaning it or any other ideas?

A:SONY DSC-F717 memory stick error

There are many postings on Google about exactly the same issue.

It appears to be mechanical in nature, either the contacts inside the camers memory card slot or the internal connections to the card socket.

That it happens on 3 cards suggests it is either the connection within in the socket or the socket (or its associated hardware inside the camera) itself.

The connections in the socket are fine gold plated "fingers", if any dirt problem was present, repeadedly plugging/unplugging the cards as you have been doing should have fixed it. That would tend to indicate a hardware problem further in, requiring surgery.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sony-dsc-f717-memory-stick-error.606564/
Relevancy 76.54%

Hi Guys,

I have a Sony Vaio Laptop (VGN-S360) with a built in Memory Stick Pro reader. When I push the memory stick in my screen freezes and my key & touch pad dont work. When I remove the memory stick all is back to normal. I suspect one or more of the pins is damaged on the reader. Before I start attempting to pull my laptop apart Does anyone know if this device is repairable or replaceable by self or should I send to Sony???

Cheers

A:Sony Vaio - Memory Stick Pro Device

Have you checked with a different memory stick?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sony-vaio-memory-stick-pro-device.587840/
Relevancy 76.54%

hello, my sony memory stick says "format error" when i insert into my cybershot camera. i have about 100 pictures in it, anybody know if there is a way to retrieve the pictures before i reformat the memory stick? thanks.

Relevancy 76.54%

I have gone to MicroSoft, Dell and Sony. None of them give a S#!% and will not offer any help. I have a Sony memory stick adapter card, that fits into a PCMCIA slot. Every time I attempt to install the hardware on my Dell Latitude XPi CD running Windows 95, the install does not go as the instructions says it will. Big Suprise! Windows 95 is supposed to see a hard drive with removable media. Windows 95 sees a generic hard drive with no updated driver. Has anyone successfully installed a Sony MSAC-PC2 adapter card on a Dell Latitude XPi CD (or any laptop for that matter), that is running Windows 95? Does anyone have the appropriate driver. I am running Version 4.00.950.B of Windows 95, supposedly the most current version. 32M of RAM. Pentium(r) processor.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sony-memory-stick-adapter-msac-pc2.68876/
Relevancy 76.54%

Hi ,
The memory stick of my Sony Cybershot sudenly started to give the format error C13:01. I copied the photos to laptop but most of them were fully currupted. After the copy finished and I saw the photos are currupted I saw in one of the posts on this website that the photos can be recovered using tools like PC inspector. But now the problem is that next time i connected the camera it is no longer visible in windows explorer. So now is there a way to recover the photos ?

The OS is Windows 2000

Thanks - m a

Relevancy 76.54%

We have a Sony DSC-P digital camera and a while ago we bought a mb memory tick for it the two mb ones were just too small It disapeared for a bit but when we found it again it wasn t working properly file problems Memory Sony Stick When you look at the pictures on the camera some of them work but most of them start to show up but then say quot File Error quot I can take new pictures and look at them but when i plug it into the computer only the first files have Sony Memory Stick file problems thumbnails and i can t copy them to my hard drive When i try to copy it says quot cannot read from source file or disk quot I m reading the card through the camera connected by usb but even when we put it in the card reader on the laptop it still does the same thing Will i need to format it or is there anything i can do to fix it nbsp

A:Sony Memory Stick file problems

Yes. You should try formatting the card. If that doesn`t help, it looks like the card is faulty.

Regards Howard

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sony-memory-stick-file-problems.49611/
Relevancy 76.54%

While we were visiting families in HK with out toddler, we bought a new Sony 8GB pro duo memory stick for our cyber shot camera. We started using it right away. Now we are back home in canada and try to upload the pictures onto our sony laptop - we were asked to format the memory stick. There is no way we could open the memory stick folder on the computer. i know if we format the memory stick, we will lose all our data.

We've got pictures of our son with his great grandfather - who's dying... we are very upset and worried that we may not be able to save the picutres for our son to see when he's older. Please help us - is there a way we can save the pictures + videos?

what can we do now?

Relevancy 76.54%

Hello All,

Sorry if this has been covered before (and I missed it).

I have a Sony VAIO VGN-FE890. Just finished installing Windows7 Ultimate 64 bit. Much faster than the Vista Home premium 32 bit I had! Anyway, everything seems to work except for the Memory Stick duo pro slot (which seems to show in the device manager has a mass storage device with no driver installed...but no information on it...I *think* it is Texas Instruments device. Anyway, anyone have a line on a 64 bit driver for this thing??

Thank you in advance for your help.

A:Sony VAIO VGN-FE890 and memory stick duo pro

Hi burright. Welcome to SevenForums.

Have a look at this link.

Sony eSupport - VGN-FE890 - Software Updates & Drivers

Download the drivers, run the installation setup and follow the prompts as if you would any other time.

If you are presented with any errors due to compatibility, cancel the installation, right click the on the install package?s .exe and choose Troubleshoot Compatibility.

This will present you with a ?Program Compatibility? wizard.

The wizard will show a few common issues to select from and ask which apply to your situation. It won?t allow you to proceed without selecting something, so if it?s not already checked, just check the box next to ?The program worked in earlier versions of Windows but won?t install or run now? and click next.
Choose Windows Vista as the last known OS to support the drivers.

Upon completion you ought to be met with a window displaying the new settings enabled for your software and the option to test your new configuration by clicking next.

That should sort your problem out.

Hope this helps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/59122-sony-vaio-vgn-fe890-memory-stick-duo-pro.html
Relevancy 75.68%

My Sony VGN-NW320f using windows 7 Pro Ricoh memory stick controller keep giving me an error every time I try to install a new USB device like, USB INTERNET hub, black playbook, any usb phone cant connect to desktop software. In the divice manager it says driver cannot verify the Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source. (Code 52). is there a way to get this fix as Sony is not much of a help!!!

A:Sony Vio Ricoh memory stick controller error

Hi there

Sony eSupport - VGN-NW320F/B - Drivers & Software

or try

Sony eSupport - VGN-NW320F/B - Support

cheers
jimbo

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/231457-sony-vio-ricoh-memory-stick-controller-error.html
Relevancy 75.68%

I have Gateway P6860 FX notebook with Vista Home Premiuim..It has worked perfectly for last three year with Sony Memory Stick PRO Duo, then all of sudden it would work off and on, now wont work at all, says can not reconize device. transfering pictures to a file

A:Notebook will not reconize Sony Memory Stick PRO Duo all of sudden

Have you tried another computer?

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/301761-notebook-will-not-reconize-sony-memory-stick-pro-duo-all-sudden.html
Relevancy 75.68%

I am now the owner of a Sony dsc p73 digital camera the only problem is it has a stingy 16mb memory stick. I am going to buy a 128 mb memory stick to replace it. I have this in mind @ £24.99
http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos...cs/B000292OL2/pictures/14/202-6232147-3983068

but would it fit my camera ok. Other advice on what to buy would be much appreciated.

Thanks

A:Wich memory stick for my Sony digi camera

Got this from Steve’s:
“The use of the faster Memory Stick Pro cards is required for recording the 640x480 VX Fine mode movies.”
If you don’t use the VGA movie mode the card you linked will likely work fine. You might get slower cycle times but I don’t really know.

You probably want a Memory Stick Pro card if you use the movies. And if your cycle times end up higher than these you would probably want to take it back and get the Pro card if you try the standard Memory Stick. The “high grade” designation is somewhat meaningless – it still isn’t Pro. There is a Memory Stick Select that is recognized by Sony but it still won’t run VGA.
http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/P73/P73DATA.HTM

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wich-memory-stick-for-my-sony-digi-camera.376708/
Relevancy 74.82%

Does anyone know how to change the drive letter of the Memory stick in Windwos 2000?

A:Sony VAIO PCV-LX800 Memory Stick Drive Letter

Changing drive letters in Win2k

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sony-vaio-pcv-lx800-memory-stick-drive-letter.107739/
Relevancy 74.82%

I am taking a Duo Memory Formatting Sony Stiff Error!-Scarred Pro Stick deep breath Okay I just bought a GB Sony Memory Stick Pro Duo for my Sony Cybershot DSC-H abt weeks ago Over the weekend I used this memory card to take all of my daughter s st birthday pictures When I went to download them to my laptop to do thank you cards the laptop read quot you must format this card before you can you use it quot Then when Sony Memory Stick Pro Duo Formatting Error!-Scarred Stiff I went to read it again in my camera it said quot Error Formatting Memory Stick quot Then there is a blinking I think code of C next to the error msg Oh My Goodness can someone please tell me I can get my video pictures I have tried connecting the camera to computer reading memory card directly from PC amp tried reading it on my Camera Nothing is working amp when I pressed play button my camera it now shows pictures Please please someone tell me I can fix this I am frantic amp don t know what happened bcz I know I can t get these memories back Please help me Thank you everyone foryour time amp help nbsp

Relevancy 74.82%

Hi thereI have a Toshiba Satellite Laptop which runs Windows XP service pack and I use IE Please note im very much a computer novice and I thought this was the most appropraite forum for me to post for help if this is not the case please kindly avise me where I should post The please my inserted? dont when Help CD/DVD drive reader recognise inbuilt memory stick CD card or and best way Help please my inbuilt card reader and CD/DVD drive dont recognise memory stick or CD when inserted? I can describe the problem is I used to be able to for example insert my memory stick from my camera into my inbuilt memory card reader and the photos would automatically just pop up on the screen and I could go from there I have also tried a diffrent card with the same problem Nowdays I put the memory card in the reader and it makes a click noise and goes in ok but nothing happens On the task bar on the bottom right I get a little icon appear that says it safe to remove once card is removed icom disappears Also using the inbuilt CD DVD drive I use to be able to input a CD DVD in the drive and it would autimatically pop Windows Media Player and I was away nowdays I place a CD in the light flashes showing its doing something but nothing happens nor does Windows Media Player pop up I have tried on occasion to bring up Windows Media Player manually and on occasion through trial and error on same occasions I can get the CD DVD to play other times I just give up My question is it used to all work perfectly yet now I have these issues orginally I put it down to an older computer live with it but after using google it looks like it may be fixable This computer novice seek s your help in that area thanks in advance

A:Help please my inbuilt card reader and CD/DVD drive dont recognise memory stick or CD when inserted?

Do a System Restore, choose a date prior to this problem.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/368016/help-please-my-inbuilt-card-reader-and-cddvd-drive-dont-recognise-memory-stick-or-cd-when-inserted/
Relevancy 74.82%

I bought a Lexcron 45 in 1 USB 2.0 card reader a while back and I used it for quite a bit. Recently I used it on my laptop with my Memory Stick Pro Duo and it worked fine.
Now I'm trying to do this on my computer but the computer is not recognizing the memory stick. The card reader does - as a green light shows.
Help me out here?

A:My external card reader works fine but my PC doesn't recognize the memory stick......

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-external-card-reader-works-fine-but-my-pc-doesnt-recognize-the-memory-stick.701636/
Relevancy 73.96%

This is driving me up the wall. I'm trying to find the appropriate driver for the front panel Memory Stick Slot adapter on this Sony PCV-7322.

I venture to Sony's website and this model doesn't exist on their drop down menus. I choose their "Auto-Detect Model" feature and it comes up as a RX550. I've tried downloading every driver on sony's site that pertains to any USB Memory Stick Slot as it's reported in device manager with no success.

Any help? I've googled and googled with no luck.

Thanks

A:Solved: Sony Vaio PCV-7322 Desktop & USB Memory Stick Driver

Fixed it. Seems as though the driver was the correct one. Just that you had to go fish it out of the Temp folder it placed it in during the driver installation and manually load the driver for the device in device manager.

Tricky Sony....I'm pretty sure it all stems from the fact that I didn't use their original restore discs to reinstall Win Xp Home.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-sony-vaio-pcv-7322-desktop-usb-memory-stick-driver.779496/
Relevancy 73.96%

Hi all I m an Vaio Without Won't Stick Sony Boot Inserted Malware-laden Memory IT professional that like the rest of us has taken on a task for a friend of mine Malware-laden Sony Vaio Won't Boot Without Memory Stick Inserted whose original issue is that his PC will not boot up normally Malware-laden Sony Vaio Won't Boot Without Memory Stick Inserted or shut down without Malware-laden Sony Vaio Won't Boot Without Memory Stick Inserted a memory stick inserted into the front slot of his Sony Vaio laptop Upon booting up his PC initially I was immediately notified that he has a malware infection that his Norton Antivirus is detecting as attempting activity every few seconds Armed with that information I set out to remove the infection Now comes the difficult part to describe I have done SO MUCH WORK on this PC over the last week that I hope I can get across accurately the work that I ve done So to take a step back a little more detail on the memory stick issue When booting up Windows normally without the stick inserted it will get past the POST and to the Windows splash screen with the revolving progress indicator After the progress indicator makes a couple of passes not sure on exact number it will suddenly freeze right in the middle I have waited some amount of time for it to continue on its own but never long enough that it has done so However at this point immediately when inserting the memory stick the progress indicator will start moving again and Windows will continue to boot up normally That has happened on multiple occasions after cleanup work has been accomplished and the PC rebooted If booting in with the memory stick inserted the PC just boots as it should if booting into Safe Mode without the stick inserted it also boots as it should When shutting down from regular mode the memory stick needs to be inserted for the shut down process to complete So there s a tiny bit of background on what he s looking to have resolved however I m of the belief that I need to get this malware removed first before I can take any steps to work on that Also and the kicker of it all That memory stick is coming up as the E drive It s showing as GB capacity but with MB used and MB available I cannot do ANYTHING with the memory stick as far as saving files to it viewing any files that may be on it etc I did notice that he s got a memory stick formatting program in his recently used applications list under the start menu however when I go into it and select that memory stick drive I am not presented with the option to start the format of it - the button is grayed out With that said I ve installed McAfee VirusScan Enterprise onto the machine as well as Registry Mechanic Those tools along with AdAware and the Norton AVG have identified and seemingly resolved a lot of issues I can actually see how much better the PC is running but it s not clean yet I have also since yesterday afternoon run a number of HijackThis scans on the PC and resolved the issues that stuck out to me as being incorrect The quot sticking quot point right now is that some bogus DLL files keep putting themselves back in C Windows system - typically under different names each time that one of them is removed I have been unable to find the source of the infection with full McAfee and Norton scans and it seems that this is the last aspect that I m being held back on Now I write this to you from my home laptop so cannot easily include his HijackThis log but I ll wait until I m asked for one and can also run Deckard s System Scanner if it s requested Please let me know what you think as well as what information I ve neglected to include Thanks

A:Malware-laden Sony Vaio Won't Boot Without Memory Stick Inserted

Are you serious about trying to remove this infection when it's this bad? Do you have an appropriate windows cd to run as a repair disk?The one expert who would be able to lead you thru this is away right nowI have had a little personal experience with an infection that moves thru usb drives beforehttp://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...Disinfector.exethis tool will immunize another flash drive and the computer it's run onIt would seem if it was run on your infected computer it probably would make booting into normal mode impossibleI would use the tool and another usb drive to try and move some tools onto the infected computer and possibly bring back some logsI would definitely keep that windows cd handy to run as a repair disk

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/145101/malware-laden-sony-vaio-wont-boot-without-memory-stick-inserted/
Relevancy 72.67%

I install the Windows 7 Ultimate in my Sony Vaio, But the support site dont have this release drivers for Windows 7x64, the most I could install and operate, but i could not find the driver for the memory card reader for Windows 7 and when I use the Windows Vista driver nothing happens and the device still not been identified. Anybody know what I should do?

A:Memory Card Reader Sony Vaio VGN-FZ350AE

See attachment, it's what I use.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/56900-memory-card-reader-sony-vaio-vgn-fz350ae.html
Relevancy 71.81%

First memory Sony Vaio desktop reader/floppy MIA card off this is a Sony Vaio with a P ghz with gb of ram and Windows XP Media Center Important to note that the floppy drive memory card reader is all part with power cable and floppy sized IDE going into the back So about months ago the power went out at my house and the power supply on my desktop ate it Not to difficult to replace but anyways afterwards everything worked fine Fast forward to Thanksgiving and randomly a friend shows up to my house with his thesis on two floppy disks Sony Vaio desktop memory card reader/floppy MIA go team go So I pop the first floppy in Sony Vaio desktop memory card reader/floppy MIA and the green light comes on leading me to believe that it s working but no dice When I click the A drive in my computer it just says quot Please insert a disk quot So I Sony Vaio desktop memory card reader/floppy MIA take the floppy out and realize that my floppy drive light is not permanently lit Since it s the floppy drive however I go about my business The real issue showed up about a week ago now I used my card reader just fine about weeks ago I have photos on my computer to prove it because I started to doubt whether I d used it since the power supply problem I hardly ever actually turn my computer off and I think about a week ago it forced itself to restart because of windows updates but when it came back on there is no sign off life for my memory card reader My Computer doesn t show the drives it used to there aren t any devices in device manager that have little yellow flags or anything like that So I did a quick scan of a few things on google and a few people mentioned that if you floppy light stays lit your IDE cable is upside down So I flipped it around and bam memory card reader working floppy drive light off but it still doesn t work Fast forward to yesterday and no memory card reader again At this point I ve flipped the IDE cable back to it s original position but find it interesting that it worked at some point both the right way and upside down Any ideas nbsp

A:Sony Vaio desktop memory card reader/floppy MIA

in device manager - view - show hidden devices - anything there

have you got any devices - IDE ATA controllers - Vaio seem to use ricoh card readers - so i'm looking for a ricoh device listed in device manager

I would goto the vaio support site and re-install the driver - whats the exact model of the PC

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sony-vaio-desktop-memory-card-reader-floppy-mia.970004/
Relevancy 66.65%

Hello guys, I run into a problem with my usb stick lately. I have a lenovo z50-75 and recently when I plugged my Sony usb (usm16gm) a window popped and said it failed. On the memory logs it says "device not migrated". I have tried all the usb ports but it just make the sound that is plugged in and nothing else. Anything I could do? (Tried to find drivers if that is the problem but couldnt find any)

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,158552.0.html
Relevancy 61.06%

i have inspiron 1505 laptop with vista premium loaded on it.
my memory stick pro from sony digital camera is working.
recently i loaded windows 7 pro last week. when i inserted memory stick pro into laptop it not recognizing. i opened windows explorer. The drive NOT is showing.
pl help. i need to download the photos int laptop. pl help to resolve this issue
thanks, wintercoat

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/memory-stick-pro-not-recognize-in-windows-7-a-473999.html
Relevancy 61.06%

I don't know how it happened but when I turn my computer on it won't load without a memory stick in that contains the recovery CD. If I put the stick everything works perfectly.
The same applies to shutting down, if I try to shutdown without the memory stick in it will just stay on the log on screen. Put it in and click shutdown and it works fine.

A:Windows won't load without memory stick

Run a startup repair.

Startup Repair

That should let you boot from the hdd, after that run a sfc scan to fix any corrupted system files.

SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

If the shutdown problem persists, let us know.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/151447-windows-wont-load-without-memory-stick.html
Relevancy 60.2%

When I insert a memory stick in my computer which has windows 10, nothing happens, so I don't know how to download my photos onto it so I can put them on another computer.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/438739-how-download-photos-windows-10-memory-stick.html
Relevancy 59.77%

I have a Qosmio G50 running Windows 7. The pc will not shut down unless I have my USB memory stick inserted. Without the USB stick, I can tell the pc to shut down. Without the stick inserted, the pc will say that it is shutting down and will remain on the shut down screen for 10-15 mins and will then restart.

However, as soon as I put the USB stick into the USB port, the pc will shut down within 2 seconds.

A:Qosmio G50 - Windows will not shutdown without memory stick inserted

It is not easy to understand the situation and explain why this happen.
Qosmio G50 is not newest notebook model so I cannot imagine that this strange issue happen from the first day.

With ?factory settings? something like this cannot happen. The OS configuration, preinstalled software, running background applications and processes on your Qosmio are not known to us so it is not easy to help you with this.
Somehow I think something running in the background blocks the system. Unfortunately I cannot say what it can be.

Check a bit all this stuff.
By the way: have you noticed the same behaviour if you try to use standby or hibernation mode?

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?78290-Qosmio-G50-Windows-will-not-shutdown-without-memory-stick-inserted
Relevancy 59.77%

i am running windows xp . I have always used a removable drive like a memory stick for my work. I have never had problems until now. I inserted my stick in my usb port and my computer does not see the drive and therefore I can not locate my work. I tried to locate my admin tools to assign a drive but i am unable to bring this up on my computer. How do i find the admin tools? My stick worked before but now it is not. I need help ASAP

A:unable to access my memory stick from windows usb port

and welcome to the Forum

Will the memory stick work in another pc?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/unable-to-access-my-memory-stick-from-windows-usb-port-315806.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Upgraded from Vista Business to Windows professional genuine thinks stick my disk! memory is Windows a floppy 7 On an acer aspire because net and sql were Windows 7 thinks my memory stick is a floppy disk! not working properly on vista Used to be able to use my usb ports before upgrading for camera mouse and Windows 7 thinks my memory stick is a floppy disk! memory stick Since the upgrade usb port does not recognise the memory stick it tries to format it and if I reply yes then the system crashes blue death The pen I tried work elsewhere No viruses neither on the pens neither on the portable When I look at Windows 7 thinks my memory stick is a floppy disk! the computer management I can see disk drives the fixed one hitachi and removable disk usb devices which is right as I do have usb ports However in the portable devices there is wpd file system volume drive and also the drive F which is the drive for the usb pen when plugged in In the bus controllers I can see many intel usb a usb composite device a usb mass storage device and the 'usb root hub' duplicated times Tried uninstall the usb and rebooted and the system immediately set-it up I presume the driver for the usb pen is not the right one or there is a driver conflict Any suggestions

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-thinks-my-memory-stick-is-a-floppy-disk-486431.html
Relevancy 58.91%

We have just bought new PC with Windows 7 after old PC died. Have tried to transfer files from a memory stick (mainly word / excel) onto new pc but Windows exploer says memory stick folder is empty. When put stick into laptop (running I think on XP) it clearly shows files are present. Have tried copying files onto different stick but get the same problem.

New PC has Kapersky and it scanned the stick when 1st put it in and found no problems with it.

Would appreciate any help as I am not very proficient and don't want to loose the files.

Thanks

A:Memory stick showing folder empty in Windows 7 explorer

Not sure what could be causing that but why not transfer the files to a DVD and then use that to transfer it to the new PC. Then reformat the mem stick on the Windows 7 machine and it should then function ok for furture use.

Alternatively save the files off the mem stick into a new folder on the XP machine. Format the mem stick on the Windows 7 machine, move it back and copy the folder onto the stick and then see if the Windows 7 machine will read it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-stick-showing-folder-empty-in-windows-7-explorer.1026396/
Relevancy 58.48%

http img imageshack us img jpg http img imageshack us img jpg I bought new memory but it's not really working so far I know I won't loop/ stuck reboot stick windows Memory upgrade 2GB setup be able to use the full gb memory but that's okay Current Memory GB Twinmos - -TWI- -U- -H- GB Kingston KVR D N G www valueram com datasheets KVR D N G pdf New memory x GB KINGSTON KVR D S G Memory upgrade 2GB stick windows reboot loop/ setup stuck www valueram com datasheets KVR D S G pdf Or KINGSTON KVR D N G www valueram com datasheets KVR D N G pdf I put stick on the board to see how it goes on Slot Bios says ram in post and within the setup itself it displays the correct information DDR mhz mb Now when I start windows it is stuck in an infinite boot loop Last known config safe mode nothing works Windows setup from boot also gets stuck while loading before it even starts no reboot Motherboard Asrock twins rev I read now that the memory is So-dimm ddr does it matter much I bought it nd hand and it just said ddr mhz nothing about sofimm so I bought it assuming it's normal ddr mhz The package says KVR D S g gb PC - CL - Pin SODIMM On the memory it says KVR D N g --sp v

A:Memory upgrade 2GB stick windows reboot loop/ setup stuck

Quote: Originally Posted by chrisssj2

Current Memory:
1GB Twinmos 001-667-TWI-240-U-16-H-5.0
1GB Kingston KVR667D2N5/1G
www.valueram.com/datasheets/KVR667D2N5_1G.pdf

New memory

2x 2GB KINGSTON KVR667D2S5/2G www.valueram.com/datasheets/KVR667D2S5_2G.pdf
Or KINGSTON KVR667D2N5/2G www.valueram.com/datasheets/KVR667D2N5_2G.pdf

Now when I start windows it is stuck in an infinite boot loop, Last known config, safe mode, nothing works.

Windows 7 setup from boot also gets stuck while loading before it even starts( no reboot)

Motherboard:
Asrock 775 twins rev 2.0

I read now that the memory is So-dimm ddr2.. does it matter much?

The package says:
KVR667D2S5/2g
2gb PC2-5300 CL5 200 - Pin SODIMM

On the memory it says:
KVR667D2N5/2g --sp 1.8v.

SO-DIMMs are usually used in notebooks. They are only 6cm long, and won't fit in your motherboard. Check out this link. SO-DIMM - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This is the specifications for your memory:http://www.valueram.com/datasheets/KVR667D2N5_2G.pdf

It ain't so-dimm.

Do you have access to another working computer? You might want to download and burn Memtest 86+. Then install both dimms in your motherboard, and boot from the CD and run some tests to see if the memory checks out ok.

You didn't say if you get stuck in the boot loop with your original memory installed? Can you clarify?

thanks

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/191415-memory-upgrade-2gb-stick-windows-reboot-loop-setup-stuck.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Hello I have windows vista and ms word After attempting to save a document to a memory stick directly through the save function in ms word the screen froze After pressing ctrl alt delete ms 2003/Windows Vista. Memory Word Please stick/MS CRISIS! FILE LOST help me! word flashed as running not responding and then running again Returning to it it had a problem and had to be Please help me! Memory stick/MS Word 2003/Windows Vista. LOST FILE CRISIS! closed and my file had gone from the memory stick After restarting windows the file itself opened in notepad and was complete nonsense I understand this is because of associations between vista and word which is why it opened in notepad I have tried decoding the nonsense using the language function this does not work Is this a problem with the memory stick my computer or both More importantly is there any possible way I can retrieve this file I havent ever set the system up for autosave or anything and only learned of its existence when I searched for solutions online Please Please Please Any help would be wonderful Amy nbsp

A:Please help me! Memory stick/MS Word 2003/Windows Vista. LOST FILE CRISIS!

Have you downloaded and install Office 2003 Update Service Pack 3?

If so, the SP3 has disabled the ability for your Office 2003 Word application to open certain file types.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=e25b7049-3e13-433b-b9d2-5e3c1132f206&DisplayLang=en

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/please-help-me-memory-stick-ms-word-2003-windows-vista-lost-file-crisis.706917/
Relevancy 57.62%

My stick 300 does not start up when connected to my Sony Model # KDL-40EX400 television (1080p). It does not even enter the Lenovo screen. The blue light is on. It does work perfect on my Sharp TVs. Also just for your info my Chrome Cast stick works perfect from the same HDMI slots.Is there a compatibility issue with Sony TVs?If so can I use a DVI-to-HDMI cable to solve this problem?Or is there another fix? 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Beacon-Stick-300-D-J-and/Stick-300-Compatability-with-Sony-TV/td-p/3343229
Relevancy 57.19%

Can anyone please help.

On my computer I have 2 memory card readers.
I tried using one of them but it wouldn't work. When I looking in My Computer it shows that Windows XP (Media Edition) isn't seeing them.

Windows used to see them but suddenly have vanished.

Does anyone know how to make Windows see them again without having to reinstall Windows.

They were originally lettered as Drives D & E which are now missing.

All help is much appreciated.

A:Windows XP vs Memory Card Reader problem

Microsoft Knowledge base has an article that will help you with your problem. It is article ID: 890546. This article discribes proper removal of hardware and a hotfix you can get from Microsoft.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-xp-vs-memory-card-reader-problem-166351.html
Relevancy 57.19%

i have recently updated to windows 10 on  my presario cq57 and now the card reader will not recognise any sd card. Can't find where to update drivers.

A:have updated to windows 10 and now memory card reader will n...

Hi: The only suggestion I can offer would be to try the W10 Realtek card reader driver directly from Realtek. Download, unzip and run the setup application file from the first driver on the webpage below... http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=15&PFid=25&Level=4&Conn=3&DownT...

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/have-updated-to-windows-10-and-now-memory-card-reader-will/td-p/5727438
Relevancy 57.19%

I have just tried to put on some pictures on my Acer laptop.

The memory card reader is not being recognised by the Windows 7. Never had any problem with XP.

Have also tried connecting direct by cable from the camera. Also not recognised.

Can anyone kindly assist without being too complicated.

Relevancy 56.76%

...This USB stick with rootkit-like behavior is closely related to the Sony BMG case. First of all, it is another case where rootkit-like cloaking is ill advisedly used in commercial software. Also, the USB sticks we ordered are products of the same company ? Sony Corporation....f-secure.com/weblog

A:Sony Usb Stick With Rootkit-like Behavior

Sony confirms security problem Electronics giant Sony has confirmed a recently discovered security flaw in some of its products that could leave PCs vulnerable to attack by hackers.http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/6975838.stm

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/105985/sony-usb-stick-with-rootkit-like-behavior/
Relevancy 56.76%

Prior to upgrade to Windows 10, this machine was running Windows 7 Ultimate without problem.  I frequently use the SD Card reader in the machine to upload Photos I have taken with my Camera.  After upgrade to Windows 10 the machine does not recognize the very same SD card.  I have contacted Microsoft windows 10 support about this problem.  They poked around in the machine and had no answer. I think an appropriate driver is needed from HP to make the SD Card reader in the machine work.  Please help! I am using a work around now.  I use an SD to USB adapter to load my photos but this is not the way the process should work. Again, please help!

A:SD Memory Card Reader does not work after Windows 10 Upgrade

Hi @krmiller?, I checked the support page for your computer, and I only see Windows Vista and Windows 7 drivers, no Windows 10 (not even Windows 8). Your computer was released in June 2009 -- it will probably not get updated drivers for Win10. From HP Desktop PCs - Upgrading to Windows 10: If you purchased your computer prior to August 2013, HP has not tested or developed drivers for your computer model. Some features might not work, or the installation might not be successful.HP provides Windows 10 compatible software and updated drivers to support only specific computer models. If the SD card reader issue is the only problem you're having after upgrading, believe me, it could be worse. The USB card reader you're using now as a workaround is probably the best solution. If it's enough of a deal-breaker for you, there is an option to go back to Windows 7 as long as you're within the first 28 days of having upgraded -- instructions are at the bottom of the upgrading document. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/SD-Memory-Card-Reader-does-not-work-after-Windows-10-Upgrade/td-p/5248825
Relevancy 56.76%

I am not a computer tech or anything of that sort so please bare with me I have a Sony VIAO 7. upgrading PLEASE to Memory HELP!! Windows Card issues Reader after VGN-FZ E I just recently upgraded from Vista Home Premium to a x I am fully aware that MANY other people have been having the same problems plus camera and touchpad issues I scoured over the forum internet found drivers but am still having issues I tried installing the Vista Memory Card Driver - to no avail I had heard some drivers were still compatible so I gave it a try I found a driver that was named quot Memory Card Reader Writer Driver TI R - quot installed it but that didn't make it work I even tried rebooting my computer and also reinstalling the driver I've read that other people have installed this and it has worked Am I just doing something wrong Am I missing a step When that didn't work I found a PLEASE HELP!! Memory Card Reader issues after upgrading to Windows 7. link on this forum that lead me to another zip file containing all of the laptop's drivers ftp ftp vaio-link com PUB VAIO ORI z drivers zip When I opened that file there was no quot setup quot or quot install quot application under the folder listed as quot Memory Card Reader quot I looked in other folders and there were quot setup install quot apps so I'm confused as to why this PLEASE HELP!! Memory Card Reader issues after upgrading to Windows 7. folder did not have it I am running out of options and patience for that matter ANY input will be greatly appreciated

A:PLEASE HELP!! Memory Card Reader issues after upgrading to Windows 7.

I FIXED IT!!....... for now.

So I went into Device Manager and found the portable devices. I uninstalled the devices (E. Then I reinstalled the driver I had previously downloaded. "Memory Card Reader Writer Driver (TI) 2.0R - 2.0.0.1"

Hope this helps someone else in the future!!

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/133712-please-help-memory-card-reader-issues-after-upgrading-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Completely new to this so apologies if barking up the wrong tree .... !

Rather than buying a 32 gb memory stick to upload some important jpg pictures into for safety's sake, I'm wondering if it's possible to upload and store them in a spare and unused 32gb memory card that I've got lying around instead ? Equally if it's then possible to download them safely later on ?

Thanks

A:Possible to save to a memory card rather than a memory stick ?

Short answer is Yes. An SD card is very similar to a flash drive as far as the technology goes and can be used like an SD card for storing files. I would format it Fat32. And you can download (Copy) the files from the card at any time.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/366044-possible-save-memory-card-rather-than-memory-stick.html
Relevancy 55.9%

I am running Windows XP in a Compaq Presario, with CD reader and CD/DVD burner.
My question: How do I get a DVD(with photos and sound) onto a Flash Memory stick or an SD card??

A:Transfer DVD to Memory Stick or Memory card

Simplest method:

Insert the Disc with photos and sound (close any autorun)
Go to My Computer
Right Click on the CD/DVD drive (with your photos and sound in) and select open
Click on Edit (in Toolbar) then Select all
Click on Edit (in Toolbar again) and select copy

Close the folder

Insert your Flash Memory stick and select Open folder to view the files
Click on Edit (in Toolbar again) and select paste

All done Copy and paste (some say I'm good at this !)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/transfer-dvd-to-memory-stick-or-memory-card.665428/
Relevancy 55.04%

My Vaio was so slow I went to crucial.com and ran their system scan to see if I could add memory. I bought their recommended 2 gig kit and removed my 512 card , installed their two 1 gig cards and then my system started just fine. I re-ran Crucials scan and it showed I only had 1 gig installed and one empty slot. So I shut down, removed and reinserted the two one gig cards, both clicked in just fine, but now when I started my Vaio again I just get a black screen. Lights on, I hear the fan running, but no start up. Any suggestions? Crucial support is closed for the night.

A:sony vaio with windows XP won't start after memory upgrade

check and make sure the ram chips are seated properly. Second if have access to another PC that has an internet connection download memtest86 and burn to a cd and run the program to check for any errors that maybe occuring in your ram chips

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sony-vaio-with-windows-xp-wont-start-after-memory-upgrade.716626/
Relevancy 54.18%

windows 7 home edition

I have a sony reader and when I try to authorize it  I get this error

Error: E_ADEPT_REQUEST_EXPIRED.

the reader works fine on my xp computer

I have researched the error and it says  time and date  are set incorrectly  the date and time are correct???

Relevancy 53.75%

Hi--

I have a SONY Vaio Laptop and have recently been trying to install USB card readers. I purchased a Stratitec card reader and it says I should use the General USB Mass Storage Driver....

When I install this device to my laptop, there is no problem at all...instantly recognizes it and works.

Does anyone know how I can get this to work on my SONY laptop? I know that SONY has their own digital memory sticks and has a slot on this computer to read their memory sticks...but alas...I also have compact flash cards that I want to read.

I truly appreciate any and all help. I am a novice, so please keep that in mind when explaining to me.

Thank you so very much!!

A:Help with a SONY Vaio & USB Card Reader

newyork716 said:

Does anyone know how I can get this to work on my SONY laptop? Click to expand...

Assuming you have XP on the laptop you should be able to see the card reader as a mass storage device in "my computer"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-with-a-sony-vaio-usb-card-reader.377345/
Relevancy 53.75%

Recently bought a Sony EReader but having problems with the ELibrary software under Vista Home Premium. Although it loads the program, when I click on the icon to run it, nothing happens.
I have loaded it on a XP sytem PC and all works as advertised. Anti Virus is Kaspersky 7 on both systems. Any help appreciated.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/sony-reader-software-problem-310702.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I am using a Sony Vaio VGN-AR21S which although not a current model is new and not used before.

I put the first disk of my Microsoft Office in the DVD reader but it did not load and clicking on the drive letter shows it is empty.

I right clicked on the drive letter and selected eject but it will not eject although I can hear some clicking noises.

I would be grateful for some help.
sleepyviolet

A:Solved: Sony Vaio dvd reader

I have solved this.

There are tiny pinhead holes either side if the DVD reader switch which are an emergency device to allow a pin to be inserted to push out the DVD.

sleepyviolet

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-sony-vaio-dvd-reader.1148087/
Relevancy 53.32%

I purchased a Toshiba Satellite C50 loaded with windows 8 but want to revert to windows 7.

I have downloaded the necessary drivers and have mounted the .exe files onto a USB pen for installation.

Before I proceed to wipe windows 8 I'd like to know - if I install 7, will my trackpad stop functioning?

If so, how do I install the relevant drivers from the USB pen?

Thanks, John

A:Clean install of windows 7 - how to install drivers from USB memory stick?

99.9% sure that W7 will identify the trackpad and install it. You just run the exe's using file explorer or Start >Run then browse. You may decide to leave the laptop as the W7 install left it but you should check Device Manager to ensure there are no unrecognised devices

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?73750-Clean-install-of-windows-7-how-to-install-drivers-from-USB-memory-stick
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi All,

I just did a full strip and install of Windows7 onto my Sony VAIO laptop (VGN-FZ27G).
It is now running amazingly faster than before (as i only installed the basic drivers i need and ignored most of the proprietary Sony additional software).

My only issue is i cannot get the integrated SD Card/Memory stick reader to work. It comes up on Device Manager as a Mass Storage Controller, but no driver i can find for it works, even from the Sony websites.

Please help!!
Thanks
Sid

A:Sony VAIO Card Reader Drivers

You can try some drivers from DRIVERGUIDE just subscribe its for free i normally get all the drivers i need from there here is the link hope it helps try them and let me know...DriverGuide - XP Drivers, Windows 7 Drivers, Printer Drivers, Audio Drivers, CDROM Drivers, Network Drivers, USB Drivers, Device Drivers, Driver Downl

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/120735-sony-vaio-card-reader-drivers.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi there, the above camera has suddenly stopped reading the 2Gb external memory card ; i can now only take pictures and store them on the internal memory which is only about 25 pictures. I've check the card in another sony camera and it's recognised straight away;is this a known problem with this camera? Also anyone know of a good repair centre in the UK as local camera shop want £175 just to send it away to be fixed reluctant to do this as new camera is only a little more than £200. All help greatly appreciated.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sony-cybershot-dsc-t9-external-card-reader.692339/
Relevancy 52.46%

I HAVE SONY READER PRS 600. i cant rename the books while copying into the device but in the device name not shows properly shows incorrect text and sometimes boxes instead of texts.and i have to choose books without knowing the name.Is there any way i can rename the ebooks for proper views of the names in the reader?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sony-reader-prs600-how-to-rename-books-in-bookshelf.991260/
Relevancy 52.46%

Dear friends

Please help me to solve the problem with card reader. System VISTA HOME PTEMIUM 32 bit. I fight with this problem few weeks. Manufacture is Texas oinstruments - PCI XX12. I foun some information at webside, make installation of different drivers version: 2.00.6, 2.00.7, 2.00.9, 2.0018. but it still dosn't solve my problem. I can't read any SD - cards. There is information: please format the card.
I made also changes at regedit: from 16 to 1 but still the same problem. Maybe it's IRQ problem?

A:SONY VAIO VGN AR 630E - card reader problem

Hello George73,
Has this just started happening, or has it never worked ?.
Have you formatted the card ?, right click on the card and choose format, let it run through the process and try the card.
Also, go to the Device Manager and look for any yellow triangles.
Hope this helps, good luck and post your results.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/269881-sony-vaio-vgn-ar-630e-card-reader-problem.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi,

Since I've upgraded to Windows 7 64 bit from Vista, the webcam and sd card reader that are built into my laptop will not work. I have searched for drivers on the Sony site and they have not worked, and I have also downloaded some Ricoh drivers but to no avail.

I wonder if anyone knows the solution to get my webcam and sd reader back in action.

Thanks!

A:Sony Vaio VGN-FZ140E Motion Eye and SD Card Reader

Memory Card Driver, and you can search the links in my sig for a camera driver.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/59306-sony-vaio-vgn-fz140e-motion-eye-sd-card-reader.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I have installed vista 64 bits..found all the necessary drivers but the SD card reader one...I also tried a program that auto-detects drivers but no luck at all...please help

A:Sony Vaio vgn-FZ21E SD card reader driver

nvm found it TI CardR v.2.0.0.7.zip 1.0.1.20 free download - CNET Asia

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/221515-sony-vaio-vgn-fz21e-sd-card-reader-driver.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I have just upgraded to window 7 (64-bit) from Vista (32-bit) and now my sd/memory stick pro reader/writer will not work!!! Sony website does not support windows 7 drivers with my model laptop(sony vaio vgn-nr220e). The reader/writer is a Texas Instruments? PCIxx12 Integrated FlashMedia Controller. CAN ANYONE HELP ME FIX THIS? THERE HAS GOT TO BE A WAY! THANKS ALL!

A:Sony Vaio Card Reader Prolem NEW 7 INSTALL.

Since you know it is a Texas instruments card reader and they are seem to be fairly generic try this one for Vista in compativbility mode http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...lity-mode.html Good luck, please post back. Fabe

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/44710-sony-vaio-card-reader-prolem-new-7-install.html
Relevancy 52.46%

My Sony VAIO TX Win XP Pro w SP freezes from time to time sometimes during boot due malfunction VAIO Sony to frozen reader card up sometimes after running for a while Every time this happens the Sony VAIO frozen due to card reader malfunction indicator light for the card readers memory stick and SD turns on even though there is no card inside the slot Sometimes I can unfreeze the system by pressing down the case in the area above the card reader slots Therefore it appears that the problem is caused by sporadic malfunction of the card reader The source of the card reader malfunction is probably due to soda spilled into the slots which occurred several months ago when I was on an airplane I would appreciate your advice what I can do to prevent the system freeze in the future I have never used the card readers therefore I will be happy to learn how to kill the card reader if that will solve the problem I have disabled the card readers in device manager however the problem still recurs Thanks very much nbsp

A:Sony VAIO frozen due to card reader malfunction

The source of the card reader malfunction is probably due to soda spilled into the slots, which occurred several months ago when I was on an airplane

I have to ask-- was this a Cola????

the syrup that Coke and Pepsi put in their drinks to make a Cola --instead of say
Sprite or Seven-Up-- is corrosive.

when I haul a load of syrup for Coke I have to put a Oxidizer (Haz-Mat) Placard
on my trailer.

so I would say you are down to a trip to a computer repair shop.
probably were ever the soda came in contact with the card reader elements
inside of the slots is corroded --

if the warranty is void and you feel adventurous you could try to remove the main
back panel on the laptop and see if the card slots are on-board integrated chip
or hooked up by wires to a motherboard header??

you will have to wait on a post from some one more into laptops than I am---
if wires and you cut them????

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sony-vaio-frozen-due-to-card-reader-malfunction.712873/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi!

Saw similar problem below but my computer is brand new (out the box today) Sony Vaio VPCEH14FM came with on board Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit. When I input my SD card, the card reader lights up briefly so its seeing it, but it is not appearing on my computer and when i try and run the extra drives nothing shows up.

When I plug my mini sd into the usb port it works, but id like to figure out the actual sd slot for my camera

A:SD Card reader not working on brand new sony vaio

As it is brand new, you need to get the matter put right by the reseller while your Sony is under warranty.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/184665-sd-card-reader-not-working-brand-new-sony-vaio.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hey guys,

I slung an SSD drive into the laptop a couple of months ago but after installing everything else without an issue, the SD card slots aren't working.
Frustrating as I've got some work I need from my SD cards onto the laptop

My laptop is a Sony Vaio VPCF11Z1E, running Win 7 & all up-to-date.
I found the drivers on the sony site (Sony : VPCF11Z1E/BI updates | Download updates for VPCF11Z1E/BI) but each time I've unistalled the default drivers it doesn't seem to let install the ones I downloaded (via the device manager). If I try to update it, win7 seems to be a smart arse and not allow me to use the drivers I want.

Any help would be much appreciated, I think this is the only time since about '96 I've had this issue)
Temp work around:
Sling cards into gopro - and hook up via USB, heh.

A:Sony Vaio - SD card reader not working after Win 7 re-install

Quote: Originally Posted by RobF50

Hey guys,

I slung an SSD drive into the laptop a couple of months ago but after installing everything else without an issue, the SD card slots aren't working.
Frustrating as I've got some work I need from my SD cards onto the laptop

My laptop is a Sony Vaio VPCF11Z1E, running Win 7 & all up-to-date.
I found the drivers on the sony site (Sony : VPCF11Z1E/BI updates | Download updates for VPCF11Z1E/BI) but each time I've unistalled the default drivers it doesn't seem to let install the ones I downloaded (via the device manager). If I try to update it, win7 seems to be a smart arse and not allow me to use the drivers I want.

Any help would be much appreciated, I think this is the only time since about '96 I've had this issue)

Temp work around:
Sling cards into gopro - and hook up via USB, heh.

Hi RobF50,

Please let me know what happen when you try to install the driver directly or updating from the device manager.

Also, check this link below which might be useful:

Windows 7 has stopped my SD card reader from working. - Microsoft Community

Let us know if it helps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/289330-sony-vaio-sd-card-reader-not-working-after-win-7-re-install.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I am just starting out installation from 7 stick stick working?! not Windows USB USB now learning Windows I am reading an ebook by Mclean and Thomas titled Configuring Windows In chapter regarding installing Windows using a USB source the procedure to prepare the USB device is as follows Connect the USB storage device to a computer running Windows or Windows Vista Ensure that the storage device has no data stored on it that you want to keep or that you have moved such data to another storage device because this procedure removes all existing data Open an elevated command prompt and type diskpart At the DISKPART gt prompt type list disk Identify which disk connected to the computer represents the USB storage device At the DISKPART gt prompt type select disk X where X is the number of the disk that you have identified as the USB storage device At the DISKPART gt prompt type clean When the disk is clean type create partition primary At the DISKPART gt prompt type format fs fat quick When the format is completed type active and then exit After you have completed these steps Windows 7 installation from USB stick now USB stick not working?! copy all the files located on the Windows installation DVD to the USB storage device Configure the BIOS computer on which you want to install Windows to boot from the USB storage device Attach the USB storage device and then reboot the computer to start installation QUESTION Why do you need to go through the above rigmarole when you can just go to My Computer right click the USB drive format followed by quick format Is there something I am missing By the way step above what is the command prompt order to copy the entire contents of a DVD to the USB storage device QUESTION I was playing around with some of the diskpart commands and it seems I have accidently inactivated by USB flash drive When I go to my computer it displays the USB flash drive under Devices and Removable storage as device H but when I try to open it it gives the error please insert a disk into H Removable Disk and when I go to properties it says Free space bytes and Used space bytes When I try to format it in Windows I get the error Windows was unable to complete the format How do I get my USB flash drive back working Many thanks in advance

A:Windows 7 installation from USB stick now USB stick not working?!

Try method two in this tutorial:
USB Windows 7 Installation Key Drive - Create

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/209266-windows-7-installation-usb-stick-now-usb-stick-not-working.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I have purchased a 4GB Memory Stick.
Every time I try to save a file I get the message "Please insert a disc in Drive I" and can go no further with the save.
I am using Windows XP

A:Memory Stick

Doesn't sound like it's getting installed correctly - XP isn't liking the media. Do other flash drives work ok. Can you try it in another machine?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-stick.543955/
Relevancy 52.46%

I have a USB1.1 memory stick that is a few years old. It has worked faithfully up until now. Yesterday when I insert it into a USB port, the computer (XP) does not detect it. There is no error message, there is no yellow question mark in the Device Manager. It does not appear on in My Computer, it doesn't work on another computer (Vista) and I have another USB Memory stick that does work with the computer so I am guessing that there is problem with the older stick.

Is there anything I can do to access the data on the stick and back it up before I replace it?

thanks

joncb01

Relevancy 52.46%

Hello

I was wondering if someone can help me, i am having huge problems with memory sticks, im on my second one because stuff that i save into the stick disappears or when i open i file like a word document its opens with no text, just rows and rows of tiny boxes i would be so grateful if someone could help me. Im not a computer wizz, only know what i know which unfortunaly isnt why my memory stick is playing up. Perhaps someone know a great helpful website

Thank you Danni

A:8GB memory stick

http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic45834.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/8gb-memory-stick.87577/
Relevancy 52.46%

am experiening problems copying files from an Acer laptop with 08 vista to memory stick both media and word docs. Older docs transferred from work pc go to and from the Acer via memory stick without problem Others created or copied direct to (eg music) cannot be tranferred to memory stick, with message reading : error 0x800700052.

I would gretaly appreciate any advice.

thanks
david

A:dse memory stick 1gb

You may be trying to put too many files into the root directory of the memory stick, try creating a folder on the memory stick and then copying the files to that folder instead.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dse-memory-stick-1gb.751574/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi, I am running Windows XP SP3 and I have high speed satilite service provider. I live in a remote area and the only other provider is dialup. My nieghbor who also lives here has Windows Vista and she only has dialup. I am wondering if I can download Windows Defender onto my USB memory stick and then go install it onto her computer. It is a 12 hour download for her since she is only getting 17Kbps speed and also can't seem to download it. Hope someone can help since it is two different platforms and I don't know if it is the right thing to do. Your help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

A:USB memory stick

Not sure about Windows defender , but most downloads give you a choice to save or run. Many times, I have saved to a cd and burned it for friends who have a slow connection.
I think your idea should work.
vicks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-memory-stick.729257/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi

I have a 4gb memory stick that I have used many times to install Linux etc on old laptops etc. Now that I want to use that stick to copy off some files from Win 7, I notice that Win 7 suggests its capacity is only 1gb.

I think I have seen this kind of thing happen before but cant remember how I resolved it.

Anyone got ideas on how to kick-start W7 into recognising its full capacity ?

Cheers

Relevancy 52.46%

are all memory sticks compatible with all pcs?Or do i have to know stuff before i purchase one?This is my pc...what kind of card should i get?,if they are not all universal.here

Relevancy 52.46%

my memory stick is stuck in a laptop's card reader
i cannot take it out
please help

A:memory stick help

i own a pc with windows xp

my memory stick is stuck in a laptop's card reader
i cannot take it out
please help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-stick-help.814387/
Relevancy 52.46%

Will this tactic work?
If I transfer all my harddrive to a memory stick (the size is 4 Gigabytes) can I then plug it into a PC with Norton installed and scan it that way?
I ask because I cannot scan my pc at the moment because a virus(or a trojan or I know not what) is effectively blocking my internet access .
Again would Norton Antivirus be up to the task as someone (my ISP) said they thought it might be a trojan to be redirecting my outgoing traffic in the way that it is.

A:using a memory stick

hi geordief

it might take a while depending on the size of your hard drive but this should work also try spybot search and destroy in google that should also be able to help.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/379509/using-a-memory-stick/