Windows Support Forum

New Computer Build: Monitor doesn't turn on / Monitor doesn't initalize

Q: New Computer Build: Monitor doesn't turn on / Monitor doesn't initalize

Everything turns on, fans and everything. It's a completely new build. No input detected from a Samsung monitor.

I've swapped ram sticks to see if one of them is dead
I've reseated the video card

Don't know what to do.

Gonna pop my 4870 X2 into the computer to see if the video card is DOA. If not, the motherboard?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: New Computer Build: Monitor doesn't turn on / Monitor doesn't initalize

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: New Computer Build: Monitor doesn't turn on / Monitor doesn't initalize

your vga could be causing the issue, but that's only if you dont have onboard video as well.

Next time you post with a problem, make sure you give us detailed specs of your rig, when you dont its like saying "Hey, I have a red car, and it wont start."

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-computer-build-monitor-doesnt-turn-on-monitor-doesnt-initalize.134090/
Relevancy 82.15%

First of my monitor exhibited signs of turn computer anything when show My my Computer monitor I on. doesn't flickering during start-up but only minor ones and would just stop at the 'Welcome' screen of windows so I didn't give it much thought Iv'e been using it with the cpu the same time I bought the monitor But after some time the flickering got worse It went from - second My Computer monitor doesn't show anything when I turn my computer on. interval flickers to a whole seconds of blackness before it showed anything Now Iv'e got a new cpu but still using the old monitor After a day or so the monitor exhibited the first symptoms of my first cpu so I just dismissed it But after a My Computer monitor doesn't show anything when I turn my computer on. week It got a hell worse before I even start-up my computer the monitor doesn't show Analog Digital at the top-left corner of the screen PLUS my cpu keeps restarting after I pushed the ON button after seconds or so My question Is the monitor responsible for the restart and what could be the reason for the flickering Thanks for a fast reply

A:My Computer monitor doesn't show anything when I turn my computer on.

Quote: Originally Posted by pokeman5

First of, my monitor exhibited signs of flickering during start-up, but only minor ones and would just stop at the 'Welcome' screen of windows so I didn't give it much thought. Iv'e been using it with the cpu the same time I bought the monitor.

My question, Is the monitor responsible for the restart and what could be the reason for the flickering?

Thanks for a fast reply.

Welcome Pokeman5 to the windows 7 forums.

The graphics card might be your culprit. Please update your system configuration settings under user cp so that others can maybe help you.
Usually the monitor won't stop your machine from booting. The graphic card most likely be the cause.

There is also the possibility that your power supply could be defective or going bad. Lots of possibilities.

Rich

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/222792-my-computer-monitor-doesnt-show-anything-when-i-turn-my-computer.html
Relevancy 80.6%

Hi,
i pluged in my hard disk to another computer to format it. Now when i was finished i pluged my hard disk back to my pc. Now when i turn on computer monitor just go to sleep and nothing happends. I dont have any OS right now and i cant modify anything. Maybe i did something with my hard disk wrong i dont know. please help me.

A:My computer monitor doesn't come on when i turn my computer on

Why did you take it to a different computer to format?
Do you have the o/s cd in the drive to boot from?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-computer-monitor-doesnt-come-on-when-i-turn-my-computer-on.132918/
Relevancy 110.08%

Ok, I have it set up just like I did with Win7. Screen saver set for 10 minutes, monitor power off set for 15 minutes. The problem is, the monitor doesn't turn off! To be more accurate, it DOES turn off at the 15 minute mark, for about 1 minute. Then it turns back on and the lock screen shows. Then after 1 minute, the display fades out to black, but the monitor itself is still on.

I've dug through every possible thing trying to fix this, even disabling the lock screen, but nothing helps. I've never been able to get the monitor to turn off for more than 1 minute.

A:Monitor doesn't turn off

You might have ticked the "Put computer to sleep after" ten minutes...

Try finding the "Choose when to turn off the Display" in search.

Put it to ten minutes (I assume you already did this, but just in case, I wrote it out)

I have a dumb bug in my desktop that causes it to come out of sleep randomly at crazy hours of the night or day.

Even if I put it back to sleep, after a minute it wakes up again.

I'm guessing it has something to do with windows update, but I'm not sure.
But This might be a different problem... If there's a running program on your pc then it might be what's causing it to wake up.

Also wake on LAN could be a problem.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/16217-monitor-doesnt-turn-off.html
Relevancy 110.08%

Hey guys, just recently i decided i would start using a different computer, but replace its current with my ram, HD and video card. Unfortunately, to my disappointment, the monitor didnt turn on after installing all this. So, i took it all out, put in the old, and it still didnt work. It was working just a week ago, but now not?
I know the monitor works because i plugged it into my original computer and it was fine...
Could the MOBO on the other computer be damaged/ready for the scrap?

Relevancy 108.79%

Hi Windows XP is my OS.

When i boot my machine, the monitor does not turn on. I have to press the reset button, wait, and see if it will turn on. If it doesn't I try again, and sometimes i have to turn off the power suply altogether. When the monitor eventually turns on, I sometimes get the error message "CMOS/GPNV Checksum Bad".

I have an NVIDIA GeForce 2 MX 200 video card...

This problem started a few weeks ago , although when it started the monitor came out of standby for a few seconds and then went back into standby, now however it just remains in standby.

Thanks a lot guys.

Relevancy 108.79%

So first after turn doesn't on idling monitor off I suppose monitor doesn't turn on after idling I should say I m one of those people who leaves their computer on pretty much all the time no sleep or hibernation mode activated Now this problem occurs when I shut my computer monitor off then leave my computer to monitor doesn't turn on after idling go to class or out or just not use it I don t know how long it takes for the computer to make the monitor turn on but I ve just hopped out monitor doesn't turn on after idling of the shower and it had the same problem wouldn t turn on Maybe this problem arises when i turn my monitor off and perhaps leave it for more than minutes I ve checked my power settings and they were on quot always on mode quot I changed it to quot presentation mode quot for now and I ll see if this fixes it but i still want more opinions My graphics card is a GTS and I just updated the drivers yesterday problem came up two days ago Between when the problem came up I don t believe I ve actually done anything that would change it I ve gotten an SC Beta key but I don t think that installing the game should have given me any problems especially the one i m experiencing right now because I ve also played the game on my computer a few times and it runs well I have been able to get my monitor to display when i switch the ports on the back of my graphics card suddenly it works When i shut off my monitor again and turn it back on after some time has passed a few minutes maybe definitely the time it takes for me to shower the problem shows up again I know it seems like I m in loops but I m trying to find out what happened here I usually move my mouse or hit a key on my keyboard and the black idling screen goes away and my monitor turns on This doesn t happen I have a samsung syncmaster bw so the power button blinks blue because it still thinks my computer is idling I don t believe it s my mouse or keyboard or that my motherboard shuts off the usb ports after some time of idling because i ve tried switching ports for my mouse and my keyboard is ps I know my keyboard works when the screen stuck in idle mode because i ve pressed spacebar when i knew itunes was open and music would start playing still no screen display PS I have restarted my computer shut it off for the night and the problem still persists Edit I just wanted to add the monitor does recognize it s plugged in because when I unplug it it does that little thing where it s trying to detect something analog or digital

A:monitor doesn't turn on after idling

What are your power settings in XP? Ditto for the BIOS?

Have you tried a different monitor for a test period?

What is the monitor in question?

System manufacturer and model...or...motherboard manufacturer and model (if custom/self-built)?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/304399/monitor-doesnt-turn-on-after-idling/
Relevancy 108.79%

Recently my hard disk stuffed up on turn doesn't monitor screen on my pentium mhz so i changed it with another hard disk from a pentium i plugged that in and it worked fine monitor screen doesn't turn on I then decided to take the cdrom and floppy from the p and plugged it in to the p i also changed cases i used the cables from the p and found the screen would not turn on when i turned the comp on i changed the ide cables to the ones for the p It worked this monitor screen doesn't turn on time but only with the floppy detached when i plugged the floppy in the screen wouldn t turn on monitor screen doesn't turn on again and now even unplugging the floppy my screen won t turn on what could be the reason why the screen doesn t turn on could it be something to do with power or using the wrong cables which stuffed up my motherboard or the floppy or cdrom Please help cause i m a newbie at computers i moved the motherboard back to its original case and plugged everything in the way it was originally when it did work but it still doesn t work now nbsp

A:monitor screen doesn't turn on

Sounds to me like it isn't POSTing, try removing everything except one stick of RAM, CPU, floppy, video card, and keyboard, if it comes on, try adding one device back till it fails again.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-screen-doesnt-turn-on.13585/
Relevancy 108.79%

I've used the switch to actually turn it off, but files still manage to get shoved onto it.
I spent over 2 hours pinning and unpinning File Explorer from the taskbar and opening File Explorer from Start screen.
Finally I turned that 2nd monitor on and the 4 files I opened were on it.
I'm disabled so pulling plugs and cables isn't easy anymore.
I'm thinking about maybe disabling it thru device mgr or properties.

Another thing is how to get a screenshot of only 1 monitor instead of 2 ? The only thing I found that works is cloning the monitors.

A:2nd monitor doesn't turn off completely

GPU drivers and Windows settings may not always agree which monitor is primary and many programs insist on opening on the primary monitor. Turning monitor off during work on windows doesn't always register so program opens in "virtual monitor" (sends picture to output port ). Happens mostly on monitors that don't send enough feedback, typically VGA connected ones.

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/63735-2nd-monitor-doesnt-turn-off-completely.html
Relevancy 108.79%

Hello I am new to these forums Yes I have never seen anything like this before and have no idea how to fix it turn Monitor doesn't on when restarting. or what to look up Basically when I restart my computer the monitor goes straight to power saving mode This doesn t happen when I shut down and start it that way So far I ve taken out my CMOS battery on the motherboard and I ve set my Monitor doesn't turn on when restarting. BIOS to default Unfortunately this didn t fix it Before this happened I had Windows and I recently switched over to another HDD containing Windows Home Premium Even then the problem still persisted Before doing that I tried installing drivers for my GPU and monitor resetting my monitor settings to default and even tried booting with onboard graphics At this point I m at a loss Any assistance would be greatly appreciated Thanks Extra Info I m using a DVI to HDMI adapter Intel i k GHz - GB of RAM -Windows Home Premium Bit -Zotac GTX -Dell S M Monitor nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-doesnt-turn-on-when-restarting.1165825/
Relevancy 107.5%

Bought the following brand new at Best Buy on and trying to get setup Lenovo K e desktop tower keyboard and mouse LG MP HQ monitor MS Office key code Webroot internet security disc After connecting everything according to the instruction of both the Lenovo and LG instructions double amp triple checking all parts accounted for and connected properly here s what happened Lenovo tower up turn Monitor tower, hooked on doesn't to but boots up fine disc drive in tower opens and closes properly Lenovo keyboard and mouse both detected Great so far except LG monitor does not turn on at all In the back of the monitor two things are connected blue HDMI connector with pins on both sides is connected to HDMI connection in back of tower AC DC adapter plugged into electrical outlet and other end directly into monitor Everything works when power booted up except monitor shows no life - no light indicator and black screen Monitor hooked up to tower, but doesn't turn on Monitor just doesn t turn on at all There are driver discs for both lenovo win and the LG monitor and like I said I can insert them into the tower and close but nothing happens on the monitor display Best Buy said it should be no issue using the LG monitor with the Lenovo PC tower They will charge me to come out to my home even though I bought two year Geek Squad plan They also said I would still get charged even if they were unable to get Monitor hooked up to tower, but doesn't turn on me setup Seems like there is one probably really easy fix but I don t want to pay to have them come out if I get charged regardless of the outcome Anyone out there with any idea what could be preventing the monitor from powering up other than Monitor hooked up to tower, but doesn't turn on it s bad which is unlikely as it was brand new sealed in the box Thanks nbsp

A:Monitor hooked up to tower, but doesn't turn on

If no standby LED on monitor, is there a separate on/off switch on the side of the monitor?
With LG there are usually manual buttons for CH+- & vol +- plus On/Off (although I have seen monitors with no on/off at all.)
Also check for 'hidden' buttons on the front lower edge of frame or under the front (right) edge.
I would try a different mains lead/cord that is known to to work, also check for a fuse in the plug, could be missing, or isolated with plastic foil.
Even with no inputs the monitor would show a 'No Signal' sign if it was working.
If no 'standby' LED and you have a separate AC to DC adapter block then that could be the problem. All monitors I've seen have a direct AC connection though.
If it then does work, the on-screen menu will need to be selected, and 'input' changed to HDMI.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-hooked-up-to-tower-but-doesnt-turn-on.204715/
Relevancy 107.5%

Hi I bought a new graphics card ATI Radeon AGP and I plugged it into my AGP slot after removing my old NVIDIA Geforece Ti graphics card and its drivers When I turn on the power supply with my new graphics card in my monitor doesn t turn on and remains on standby mode I made sure that everything is plugged in properly Is there a way of allowing me to fix this problem so I can carry on with installing the drivers Here is my system overview ------------------ System Information new turn put in after card my Monitor I on graphics doesn't ------------------ Time of this report Machine name AWARA Operating System Windows XP Home Edition Build Service Pack xpsp sp gdr - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer Monitor doesn't turn on after I put in my new graphics card Dell Computer Corporation System Model Dimension BIOS Default System Monitor doesn't turn on after I put in my new graphics card BIOS Processor Intel R Pentium R CPU GHz Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C WINDOWS DirectX Version DirectX c DX Setup Parameters Not found DxDiag Version bit Unicode ------------ DxDiag Notes ------------ DirectX Files Tab No problems found Display Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Music Tab No problems found Input Tab No problems found Network Tab No problems found -------------------- DirectX Debug Levels -------------------- Direct D n a DirectDraw retail DirectInput n a DirectMusic n a DirectPlay retail DirectSound retail DirectShow retail --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name NVIDIA GeForce Ti Manufacturer NVIDIA Chip type GeForce Ti DAC type Integrated RAMDAC Device Key Enum PCI VEN DE amp DEV amp SUBSYS C DE amp REV A Display Memory MB Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor Dell M Monitor Max Res Driver Name nv disp dll Driver Version English DDI Version or higher Driver Attributes Final Retail Driver Date Size bytes WHQL Logo d Yes WHQL Date Stamp n a VDD n a Mini VDD nv mini sys Mini VDD Date bytes Device Identifier D B E E- - CF-F - C CB Vendor ID x DE Device ID x SubSys ID x C DE Revision ID x A Revision ID x A Video Accel ModeMPEG A ModeMPEG B ModeMPEG C ModeMPEG D Deinterlace Caps DC - - A -BD -E BBCC C Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive DC - - A -BD -E BBCC C Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech MedianFiltering AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch DC - - A -BD -E BBCC C Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive DC - - A -BD -E BBCC C Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech MedianFiltering AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch DC - - A -BD -E BBCC C Format In Out YV x Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive DC - - A -BD -E BBCC C Format In Out YV x Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech MedianFiltering AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out YV x Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch DC - - A -BD -E BBCC C Format In Out NV x e Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive DC - - A -BD -E BBCC C Format In Out NV x e Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoPr... Read more

A:Monitor doesn't turn on after I put in my new graphics card

You see no video at all, even no bios screen? If this is true, the new card may be bad

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-doesnt-turn-on-after-i-put-in-my-new-graphics-card.142240/
Relevancy 107.5%

So I've got my PC set to turn the monitor off after 20 mins of inactivity. Please note that I do NOT have hibernate or sleep turned on.
Anyways, after the 20 mins of inactivity, SOMETIMES the monitor just goes blank. As in, it's set to turn off, but instead it just goes blank and the backlight stays turned on. I've done some googling about this, and came up with one person having an identical issue, but he never responded again to his thread.

Anyways, I tried updating video drivers, and turning things off that would prevent it from being detected as inactive.
Please help

A:Monitor doesn't turn off, instead gonig just blank.

Hi -

Try your monitor on another PC; try another monitor on your PC.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/monitor-doesnt-turn-off-instead-gonig-just-blank-514875.html
Relevancy 106.21%

Hello I have an older Dell Laptop studio and the other day when I was using it the monitor picture filled with static and then the monitor went completely black nbsp Now when I turn it on it sounds like the computer starts up fine but the monitor is black So get an external monitor easily solution right -- wrong nbsp Unfortunately when I hooked my laptop up to a separate monitor the monitor which works fine did not display any images nbsp Again I have had this laptop for a few years nbsp I do notice that you have to be easy opening and shutting the laptop nbsp This has been the case for a few years though so I am not sure if something finally gave I m not the most computer savvy so sorry if I wasn t more detailed any ideas what s wrong or how I can fix this nbsp I d rather not bring it somewhere to get fixed

A:Dell Laptop Starts, but Monitor Doesn't Turn on

You'll probably get a better response if you re-post this in the Laptop forum and mention the version of Windows, too. (This is the Desktop forum.)

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19980657
Relevancy 105.35%

So I recently noticed that when I close the lid completely, the monitor doesn't turn off, I can still see light coming from the gap. I've done a fresh install of windows xp recently, but I didn't notice whether it was from the start, or did I do something to fault it.

I have a Dell inspiron 1520. Well worth noting here that when I choose standy when lid is closed it works, so that means the lever mechanism works. That's why I put this in the software section.

Don't know what else to add. Help would be appreciated. Thanks

Relevancy 99.33%

Hi I ve the following problem My laptop Acer Aspire S Windows doesn t see my external screen anymore Samsung doesn't computer see monitor P connected with HDMI- gt DVI It used to be computer doesn't see monitor fine with plugging in and out when needed copied or shared screens and all Now the computer doesn t see that there s an external monitor connected - when I try to switch between them Function F I only get the laptop s screen as a choice No plug amp play dingaling when I plug the cable in or out The external monitor does see a difference though when the cable s plugged in it s black and when it s out I get the floating quot check signal cable quot Sometimes very rarely it does work without any problems Sometimes also rather rarely the laptop shuts down when I plug the thing in or out forgot I updated the graphics driver through the device manager and there actually was an update no difference All of this might have started around the time of the latest Windows update but this could be a coincidence only Where could the problem be - cable plug socket Windows I ll see if I can try another cable and screen somewhere nbsp

Relevancy 98.04%

It all started when I put my faulty power supply from my other pc on this one THe computer gradually started shutting down then at startup when it said COMPAQ all the pixels where weird and displaced in random locations computer doesn't but display monitor anything. on, and the monitor would display black but ON nonetheless so me and my dad assumed it was the PSU Bought a new power supply still same problem Thought it was the video car gts nvidia bought a new GPU ati gb ddr Now the computer doesn t display anything on the monitor the monitor acts as if there s no information being sent to it so it goes to standby mode Replaced DVI cables same problem swapped monitors same problem I have no idea what it is at this point computer on, but monitor doesn't display anything. Would someone please help me out Thank you PS the computer also does not make that beeping sound at start up anymore if that helps PSU watts CPU dual core ghz gb ram gb HDD ati nbsp

Relevancy 98.04%

Well I've come across a problem. For some reason, when I go to Start > Sleep, my monitor enters a stand-by sleep mode, but my computer won't. Since the monitor has its power off and I can't see anything, and the computer is still on, I have to manually shut down by holding the power button down. It doesn't sound like the computer is really doing any work, but it just won't go into sleep, and I don't know why. It was fine last week.

Thanks for any help

Also: When I boot up the next morning (having manually powered down the night before) I have to boot in safe mode before I can restart and boot normally. If I boot normally, it stays a little bit longer than normal at Please Wait... before it gives me a password field, and then it won't go past the next screen (I forget what it says...windows is loading maybe).

A:Monitor sleeps, computer doesn't -> Help :O

I have this same problem: put the computer to sleep and the monitor loses video signal, but the case fans, hard drives, power LED on the case all stay powered up. It's like the OS goes to sleep but the power to the computer stays on.

I asked about this problem on the TechNet forums, and someone said it could be a problem with Gigabyte motherboards. The good news is that I installed build 7229 and my computer slept fine. So this problem should be fixed with the final version of Windows 7. (I had problems with Explorer crashes in 7229 so I went back to 7100.)

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/16144-monitor-sleeps-computer-doesnt-help-o.html
Relevancy 98.04%

Hello, I have a Acer Aspire TC-710, with 8 GB RAM, and an Intel i5 processor.  I have a 2008, Acer, LCD monitor. It does not have HDMI, so I have to use an adapter. The model number is, ETLAN0802481807F924200. It seems the monitor will restart randomly. I very, very highly doubt this is the computer's fault (though, I cannot confirm), as it is a few days old, and, when restarting, the monitor has a different font/layout then my computer would use while powering on. If I am playing music and it restarts (or whatever it does) I can still hear the music. Any way I can fix this?

A:Monitor shuts off, but computer doesn't?

Solved the issue, was the adapter.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/Monitor-shuts-off-but-computer-doesn-t/td-p/442287
Relevancy 98.04%

Hi i recently upgraded from Windows XP to Windows Ultimate I have experienced a doesn't on sometimes. computer on, turning Monitor after come number of problems and have muddled my way through most of them except for this one Sometimes and this is completely at random when i turn on the computer i get no picture but i can hear sounds coming out of my speakers However if i boot into safe mode it comes on every time It is notorious for doing this when i install updates and I have not been successful at installing updates yet I am ready to go back Monitor doesn't come on after turning computer on, sometimes. to XP but may consider staying if i get all the bugs worked out Here's what i've done so far Updated Graphics Card Drivers Under Power Options Set turn off monitor Monitor doesn't come on after turning computer on, sometimes. to never Changed S to S in Bios this corrected the sleep issue i was having apparently common Booted into Safe Mode Under Device Manager Changed settings for USB Root Hubs to allow them to stay on Have tried all of this and still nothing I know for sure the graphics card is fine and i am using the most up to date drivers for my card Here are the specs for my system maybe this will help Dell Dimension C Ghz Intel Pentium processor GB of Ram gb hdd ATI Radeon X Series graphics card mb Windows is the bit version Thanks for any and all help

A:Monitor doesn't come on after turning computer on, sometimes.

2 Things come to mind... 1 is that you wouldnt have to quote your system specs in a post if you filled them in on your profile. AND...

Your video card is at the very bottom of the compatibility for Win7, 128MB video memory is a very low amount for today's PC's. Make sure you have all Win7 advanced video tweaks (Aero, etc.) turned off.

Some of the post involving your video:
Win 7 graphics drivers for Gateway MX7525

ATI MOBILITY RADEON X600 and Aero

ATI mobility raedon x600 aero effects help

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/184581-monitor-doesnt-come-after-turning-computer-sometimes.html
Relevancy 98.04%

serveral days my computer just got a problem Its monitor won t display anything even though my computer is on LED green light on the monitor is keep blinking even though the comp is on Also there is no beep sound when it happens doesn't on when computer Monitor is display So I have to turn my computer on and off also restart reset button many times and sometimes rarely When monitor starts to display it shows that my cpu is overclocked at the wrong speed instead of I have to either re-overclock or press restart button in order to get CPU running at the correct speed It s like out of times that my monitor won t display anything even though my cpu is on I also open my computer case checking fan heat sink power supply They re working fine Heat sink and CPU fan is actively running Power supply is working Green Light on motherboard is on I also unseated and reseated graphic card It wouldn t work I tried reseating RAM It did work for a while then the problem came back I haven t updated or changed any setting on my computer before this happened Here is a specification of my computer PSU watt Motherboard ASUS A N X CPU AMD Athlon Ram GB DDR OS WIndows XP SP Graphic Card Monitor doesn't display when computer is on nVidia GeForce FX MB Any one know how to solve this problem or having a similar problem Thank you nbsp

A:Monitor doesn't display when computer is on

try a diff monitor if you can, or try a diff g-card? let us know!!!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-doesnt-display-when-computer-is-on.74129/
Relevancy 98.04%

My computer just stopped working, powers on but no image on the monitor. Basically my computer use to freeze up during gaming then I'd had to hold down the power button and reset the computer.

Mobo Audi psq pro
Gtx260 I have a backup 6600gt
Q6600
4 gigs of ram

A:Computer doesn't display on monitor?

Monitor is a old dell 22 inch monitor light turns green when graphics card is pulled out, when graphics card is pulled in the monitor light stays yellow which is standby.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/289580-computer-doesnt-display-monitor.html
Relevancy 98.04%

Sometimes when I turn on my computer although computer starts but the monitor doesn't show anything. I unplug the power cable from back of computer and then replug it and after that monitor starts responding (it starts showing desktop), how can this problem be fixed. thanks

A:Monitor doesn't get signal from computer

You haven't by chance upgraded the graphics card recently have you?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/184278-monitor-doesnt-get-signal-computer.html
Relevancy 98.04%

Hello, I have a Acer Aspire TC-710, with 8 GB RAM, and an Intel i5 processor.  I have a 2008, Acer, LCD monitor. It does not have HDMI, so I have to use an adapter. The model number is, ETLAN0802481807F924200. It seems the monitor will restart randomly. I very, very highly doubt this is the computer's fault, as it is a few days old, and, when restarting, the monitor has a different font/layout then my computer would use while powering on. If I am playing music and it restarts (or whatever it does) I can still hear the music. Any way I can fix this?

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/Monitor-shuts-off-but-computer-doesn-t/td-p/442287/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 98.04%

I'm building myself a custom computer, everything is put together, but now it seems something is wrong with the video. The monitor works, it just doesn't respond to the computer. It's an LCD monitor and I'm using a Radeon Sapphire X800 256mb (AGP). Not sure what to do, everything is BRAND new

A:Monitor doesn't respond to computer?

Put a CRT monitor on it and check the Display/Resolution. LCD monitors only work on certain resolutions, so you'll need to find out what your works on and set your card to that.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-doesnt-respond-to-computer.305233/
Relevancy 98.04%

I have a Acer AL1716, recently the monitor has been turning off or refreshing when i'm on it, but now i go to turn the computer on, everything is fine but the screen doesn't switch on. but as soon as i turn the computer off, the screen will switch on and vice versa.
I've unplugged all thw wires from the monitro and back in but still nothing.

Help me please
Thanks in advance

A:My Computer Turns On But The Monitor Doesn't ?

This sounds like a computer problem and not a monitor problem. Try another monitor first, to rule that out

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-computer-turns-on-but-the-monitor-doesnt.133816/
Relevancy 97.18%

Dell Dimension 4100 PIII 866 MHz, XP Pro, NViIDIA GeForce MX 440

This is my problem: I have the power saving settings set to turn off my monitor after 20 min. It does briefly turn off, only to turn on again 1 sec. later, displaying a faint very dark blue screen... It used turn off fine, but after upgrading from Windows 98SE to XP Pro I got this problem. Is this the OS or my video card?

Any clues?

Thanks all

A:"Turn monitor off" setting doesn't really turn off

Did you upgrade to XP right over the top of 98 or was it a clean install? If you did an upgrade over the top of 98 (and I know you don't want to hear this lol) then you should format and do a clean install. Upgrades rarely leave you with a stable system.

Things to try before you do that though:

1) Make sure your video card drivers are up to date.

2) Make sure Windows is updated - go to windowsupdate

3) try the system file checker (Start, Run, "sfc /scannow" [without the quotes]) to make sure your system files are intact.

Other than that I would say just do a format and install XP from scratch (to be honest, you should do this anyway if you haven't already, you'll get much better stability and performance).

Prime

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/turn-monitor-off-setting-doesnt-really-turn-off.180742/
Relevancy 97.18%

So yeah when I wake my computer up out of sleep mode sometimes the monitor will detect that it needs to wake up However most of the time I have to unplug the DVI cable and plug it back in When I do so I can hear the Windows noise indicator that lets me know that something was disconnected and something was connected Anyone experience this issue computer detect woke up. that Monitor doesn't before Any suggestions ASRock Z Extreme Sapphire Radeon Running on -bit I have updated drivers for my video card this problem seemed to Monitor doesn't detect that computer woke up. only happen in Win I didn't have the problem in Win I had the company replace my video card but I still seem to have this problem I tried using another PCI-E port on the motherboard and the problem was not resolved When I plug my monitor into the integraded DVI port of the motherboard I don't seem to have this problem I just can't figure out what is actually wrong with it

A:Monitor doesn't detect that computer woke up.

Most of the time, it is the Video driver causing the issue. Uninstall the driver for the Video Display, and then reboot and let windows install the default driver. Also check the Bios to make sure that it is up to date. Windows 8.x has had a lot of random issues, with most being Video Display issues.

I would suggest not allowing the display to be placed into sleep, just set to blank the screen. If you are leaving the machine on for long periods, just turn off the monitor. When you get back to the computer, power it back on with the power button.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/43015-monitor-doesnt-detect-computer-woke-up.html
Relevancy 97.18%

I recently decided to connect my computer to my TV After looking up various cables I decided I would go with an RCA cable a foot RCA cable Before drilling holes in my wall I decided to test the wire and I m glad I did I get nothing but a pure black screen Normally when I connect a device to my TV Pioneer Monitor and the device is off I get a deep red glow right now I m getting nothing I ve tested with three TVs and I get the same effect every time I do not have another M M Doesn't Computer Pioneer Recognize Monitor RCA cable to test out anything Going onto my computer I see in the Display Properties Computer Doesn't Recognize Pioneer Monitor that Computer Doesn't Recognize Pioneer Monitor my computer lists four monitors always has even though I have always had one connected up until now It refuses to let me enable three of them If I do it just disables them automatically The device manager sees something is connected but it just says quot Generic Non-PNP Monitor quot Been playing around with it for about three hours after looking on other things decided to try here nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-doesnt-recognize-pioneer-monitor.806457/
Relevancy 97.18%

First of all, I'd just like to say that old technology hates me.

What's usually supposed to happenwhen I start an older computer that I have (2001-ish) is:
1: Fans start spinning
2: Internal speaker give out a beep
3: Monitor switches on
4: HDD starts spinning
Now when I try to turn it on, I only get 1 and 4.

This has actually been going on for a while, but it was only every second time I switched it on, then 80% of the time, but the computer never works.
Is this a problem with the motherboard?
I've tried switching RAM and GPU, as well as resetting the CMOS.

Relevancy 97.18%

I am typing this on my old computer. I wanted to put my new computer (which is a windows 8 hp desktop) into safe mode because i thought i had a virus and wanted to go into safe mode to see if i did. So i select the option to go into safe mode in the computer (i did the msconfig option being that i just didn't know another way to boot it into safe mode). The computer restarts and when it booted up again, my computer monitor is not showing anything at all. It is just a black screen. The light on the computer monitor is just flashing instead of staying solid like it usually does. I can't get out of safe mode because i just can't see anything at all. What do i do?

A:Computer display (monitor) doesn't show anything

Reinstall your OS.
Get a paid version of Macrium Reflect. {for the boot time recovery environment}
Image your OS when things are running good.
Sit back & relax since you can now reinstall your OS with very little effort & time.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/69050-computer-display-monitor-doesnt-show-anything.html
Relevancy 97.18%

I ve been fighting this problem for months doesn't but monitor Computer anything display boots, and haven t found an answer anywhere but maybe you guys can Computer boots, but monitor doesn't display anything help My computer seems to boot fine but nothing is displayed on the monitor The power light on the monitor ON button just blinks amber If I wait a minute or so and then hit the reset button the computer reboots and Computer boots, but monitor doesn't display anything the monitor comes on The computer started doing this about months after I built it Once in a great while it will boot up on the first try but it s very rare I was thinking video card but have unseated and reseated it a couple of times to no avail I also got a new battery on the motherboard thinking it was having a problem Now I m thinking power supply or BIOS - any ideas Specs Ghz Intel p Radeon pro ASUS p p MB GB of Micron ram QMAX W power supply Thanks in advance for any help biacookies nbsp

A:Computer boots, but monitor doesn't display anything

Im having the exact same problem with my computer but it doesnt happen as often as with you. Im guessing its some fault with the card or with Windows.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-boots-but-monitor-doesnt-display-anything.23403/
Relevancy 97.18%

Hi all So I have a custom computer i built a couple of years ago Yesterday I purchased a new case fan Before installing the new fan I blew out the entire computer I got everything good and proceeded to try and power up The doesn't But post on Computer monitor. Starts, tower seams to come and run fine but i m not getting anything on either of my monitors i ve tried both on their own and still nothing This unit was running totally fine until I took it apart for cleaning and the fan So far I have tried resetting the cmos reseating the ram and GPU trying to boot with ram But nothing has worked I cant get anything on my monitor I have checked all of my connections and Computer Starts, But doesn't post on monitor. it should be fine I hope we can narrow this down to the GPU so i can just replace it If anyone could help me in any way it would be greatly appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:Computer Starts, But doesn't post on monitor.

If the board has a video chip, take the card out and try to boot using that.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-starts-but-doesnt-post-on-monitor.1160407/
Relevancy 97.18%

I m kind of stuck here First what happened last night my computer froze so I turned it off and then back on However when I did the monitor just remained in standby as if the computer was not on Everything on the computer seems to be working ok fans going lights on etc I also don t hear any beeps during the startup I ve been browsing a lot of forums trying to figure out what is wrong but I m somewhat lost I don t know that much about computers It seems some of these forums say the main culprits for a problem like this are the graphics card or the motherboard Is this true Since every thread always has someone asking for specs - here they are Intel i Asus p t intel x chipset sle crossfirex mainboard triple-channel x w power supply TB SATA II gb rpm HD x GB DDR PC PC x computer Monitor start boots when doesn't EVGA nvdia gtx mb pci-e windows vista home premium What I ve done so far I have tried unplugging it and holding down the power button in the front for about minute of the time this did nothing One time it started to boot correctly with the monitor only to freeze during the windows load up bar and other time it didn t even make it that far I have tried using another monitor on the computer Same problem I have also tried using my main monitor on another computer and it works fine I have Monitor doesn't start when computer boots been running this setup for almost years and nothing has been changed recently I would greatly appreciate any help in determining what is actually the problem and maybe a way I can fix Monitor doesn't start when computer boots it Even a quot is broken get a new one quot would be nice too I just want to understand this a little more about what is happening since I know very little And I also want to know how I can have a running computer ASAP Also is there any way to actually tell if my computer is running properly if I have no monitor to see stuff on Thank you very much nbsp

A:Monitor doesn't start when computer boots

hm ... you might try resetting the CMOS battery.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-doesnt-start-when-computer-boots.159065/
Relevancy 97.18%

Ive spent a good while searching for anyone having the same problem, while some are similar mine is different in that, when I get up in the morning and boot up my computer my monitor acts like my computer is off as it does when I shut down the computer but leave the monitor on, the power light flashes and thats it. I know my computer is booting because I hear the windows song and one of the pop up things I have once I am to my desktop. I have no choice but to hard shut down my computer but when I boot it the 2nd time the monitor works just fine, its been doing this for the past 3 days, anyone know whats going on here?

A:Computer boots but my monitor doesn't respond

What is this computer? Make and model?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-boots-but-my-monitor-doesnt-respond.186264/
Relevancy 97.18%

Hey Everyone My name is Luka I m new to the forums and could use some help with a PC I am currently building Specifications - Old Mid-Tower ATX Compaq Case - ASUS powers up, Computer begin Monitor doesn't M A-VM mATX motherboard - AMD Athlon X Dual-Core Processor Socket AM - OCZ x GB ram - NVidia GeForce GT Computer powers up, Monitor doesn't begin - Computer powers up, Monitor doesn't begin BFG Tech ATX v Watt What is the problem After building the entire PC from scratch when I power up the computer everything inside the tower is functioning properly that I can see CPU fan spins system fan spins LED lights on and the HDD LED light flashes in the front determining that data is being processed I think so I believe the computer is fully working EXCEPT once I power up the computer the monitor remains quot quite sleep quot the power button is yellow on the monitor The monitor works with other mobos graphics card works and it just seems that the monitor is just not quot being turned on quot the same time as the computer I tried another monitor with this mobo and the same thing happened I handled the mobo with care so I really highly doubt any damage was done to it does anyone know wat could be wrong EDITED Also I am able to turn off the computer by holding the power button for s EDITED to readdress the problem The VGA on my OnBoard works but the VGA on my Graphics Card doesnt nbsp

A:Computer powers up, Monitor doesn't begin

I SOLVED IT!

Anyways, so I was doing some more research online and was looking through the mobo manual. Than I read its good to start with only one ram inside(since I had two in) I took one out from A2 DIMM slot and than BAM! it works.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-powers-up-monitor-doesnt-begin.144484/
Relevancy 95.89%

My computer starts but it won't recognise my monitor or keyboard or mouse.

I switched out the power supply and that's not the problem. [I know that i have about 7 fans in my computer. (I didn't make it like that, a friend of mine did)]

I keep getting this really LOUD BEEPING noise, as though it's stuck on reset.

I haven't switched out the harddrive or motherboard yet.

DOES ANYBODY HAVE ANY IDEA ABOUT WHAT MIGHT BE GOING ON? PLEASE HELP I'M GETTING DESPARATE!

Also before all this started, my CD-ROM wasn't wanting to work. It would let me listen to music and insert a CD to play a video game but it wouldn't write anything or let me install anything or watch movies. (But it used to do ALL those things)

I can't do any system restores because my system restore was turned off!

A:Computer doesn't recognise monitor, keyboard or mouse

Are you getting a constant continuous beeping sound? Are they always long or are they long and short?

If they're always long, then I suspect your RAM has come loose or failed. Try reseating the RAM.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-doesnt-recognise-monitor-keyboard-or-mouse.106431/
Relevancy 95.89%

Although I bought this computer new in late I'm pretty sure it is old stock as it came with windows nbsp Computer doesn't signal won't monitor start receive I wouldn't put it past Walmart Computer won't start monitor doesn't receive signal to pull such a thing nbsp I did upgrade to windows and the computer has been operating fine since nbsp Last night during a storm we had a power outage nbsp This morning the computer wouldn't start up nbsp The noises are all normal the fan comes on the green light on the psu is on and flickers once during power on and then remains lit nbsp But there is no image on the monitor nbsp Monitor seems to work fine nbsp When powered on it shows going through test to determine signal and then finds none and goes to sleep mode nbsp I called HP support since I registerd my product and received a confimation email from them saying that is was registered nbsp But they claim that it is a model and void of warranty so wouldn't help me nbsp Even though I have had the unit less than months nbsp I tried a start up while pressing f repeatedly but nothing nbsp I disconnected all periphials except for the monitor and still nothing I'm at wits end any suggestions

A:Computer won't start monitor doesn't receive signal

Update: I guess I should have done more research before posting question.  I found a thread that said to do a hard restart.  After performing two, the computer fired up and seems to be working properly. Any feedback?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/Computer-won-t-start-monitor-doesn-t-receive-signal/td-p/5638643
Relevancy 95.89%

Just ordered and built a computer for the first time in my life Motherboard ASUS M A TD-M USB AMD G Motherboard CPU AMD Phenom II X Black Edition Quad Core Processor RAM Corsair GB DDR RAM Video Card EVGA GeForce GTX Ti Hard Drive Seagate Barracuda TB Case Thermaltake V Black Edition Mid Tower Case Power Supply Cooler Master for Built a first new time, a get monitor doesn't signal computer GX Series W Monitor Asus VH D quot Widescreen HD LED Monitor Assembled everything to the best of my ability Everything screwed into hopefully the right places Power supply is connected Built a new computer for first time, monitor doesn't get a signal twice to the motherboard once to the graphics card and once to the hard drive Hard drive is connected to the motherboard All the wires from the case have been plugged Built a new computer for first time, monitor doesn't get a signal into the motherboard Connected the computer to my monitor and turned the computer on My graphics card CPU case and power supply fans all started running LED lights all turn on No beeps were heard and the little motherboard speaker has been plugged in And my monitor doesn t get a signal Anyone know what the problem could be I just bought everything new so I doubt Built a new computer for first time, monitor doesn't get a signal its a hardware issue Have I missed something I should have plugged in somewhere Also I ve tried putting my stick of RAM into each of the different slots and it hasn t worked for any of them nbsp

A:Built a new computer for first time, monitor doesn't get a signal

Power supply is connected twice to the motherboard, once to the graphics card, and once to the hard drive.Click to expand...

There are more connections than that. What about the 24 pin main motherboard power connection and the 4 pin CPU power connector?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/built-a-new-computer-for-first-time-monitor-doesnt-get-a-signal.169533/
Relevancy 94.17%

Hi Tech Support Guys and Gals,
I was using my Hp laptop and the screen randomly froze. I manually powered off the computer and now when I turn it on, I hear one longer beep followed by two short ones. In addition, the screen doesn't work. If I let the computer keep working and boot up, I eventually hear the welcome screen theme play so it seems like the computer keeps functioning, but the monitor won't work. Any ideas? Thanks in advance

Relevancy 93.74%

Hello and thank you for taking the time to assist me I beep boot, to power Monitor and doesn`t follows fails on Computer constant ll get to the point But before I begin I m running Windows XP Media Center Edition SP Yesterday I was loading a YouTube video in Firefox with nothing else open besides AVG Anti-Virus and Advanced SystemCare but as soon as it finished loading and I was about Computer fails to boot, Monitor doesn`t power on and constant beep follows to play it the computer completely froze up and ALT CTRL DEL wouldn t open the Task Manager I manually Computer fails to boot, Monitor doesn`t power on and constant beep follows shut off the computer via the power button and Computer fails to boot, Monitor doesn`t power on and constant beep follows waited five minutes before turning it back on But after I pressed the power button The fan amp monitor failed to turn on amp after five seconds the computer made a loud amp continuous beep noise with a faint mechanical ticking and the CD drive light stopped flashing I waited a few minutes before turning it off and trying it again multiple times with the exact same results each time I m clueless I have tried taking out all uneccesary cables such as the Ethernet Cable amp USB Connecter Cable but it has not changed I have had no virus related problems recently I run both an AVG and Advanced SystemCare scan daily I haven t any other ideas and would truly appreciate anyone who is willing to offer advice Thanks

A:Computer fails to boot, Monitor doesn`t power on and constant beep follows

Seems your system is signaling an equipment failure at the POST (Power On Self Test). Is the beeping a single continuous beep that never ends, or a series of individual beeps that just keeps going?

Also, knowing the brand and model of the computer, or if it's a generic build, details of the motherboard, video card used, will help in diagnosis.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/190087/computer-fails-to-boot-monitor-doesnt-power-on-and-constant-beep-follows/
Relevancy 93.74%

Randomly the monitor will suddenly go blank and possibly say quot adjusting quot on it Most goes ring, Monitor doesn't respond, more? black, speakers and computer randomly and of the time a long ring will accompany it through the speakers which are not part of the monitor though occasionally it will just be silent instead The on-off light will turn yellow The monitor is somewhat new by Hannspree HF I ve had it Monitor randomly goes black, speakers ring, and computer doesn't respond, and more? only for a couple of months It works just fine usually but I never got the drivers installed to make it go widescreen the drivers only work for win and vista but I m using XP Pro My speakers aren t new but they work just fine except when this problem occurs The computer itself stops reacting I only know this because it will not go on standby mode when I press the power button which it usually does and I m not sure if the hard drive is going but the fans continue and everything remains lit up I can manually reset and then everything will be back to normal The hard drive is maybe about years old or a little less I have been hearing a couple clicks from my computer occassionally but I m not sure if that s a problem Also the computer has been freezing sometimes lately which it never used to do My last problem is unrelated to the above for the most part explorer exe will sometimes randomly dissapear so my desktop icons and taskbar of course dissapear It will not come back I can access anything from the task manager but explorer exe will not open from there It tells me something about it not being there not existing being an incorrect path even if I directly route myself through folders to get to it I d copypaste it but I m not currently experiencing this problem and I can t remember exactly From this point I can access System Restore and explorer exe will come back after that finishes My anti-virus Avira hasn t picked up anything but the last time I tried to scan with it the monitor speaker problem occurred It also occurred twice today while watching a video in fullscreen on Youtube Sorry this is so long nbsp

A:Monitor randomly goes black, speakers ring, and computer doesn't respond, and more?

Someone please help..? I posted this almost two days ago now..

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-randomly-goes-black-speakers-ring-and-computer-doesnt-respond-and-more.900704/
Relevancy 92.45%

Hey i have bought new monitor since my old one sometimes work , sometimes doesn't.When i plugged in my new monitor which is LG TV 24MS53S Smart monitor the mouse has unnatural movements they sluggish and slow and hard to control same whit my tablet.After 2 days i noticed that under Device manager under Monitors it says Generic PnP monitor which is the monitor of my laptop (lenovo y510p) if i am not mistaken.While my monitor is under Audio inputs and outputs as LG TV-C NVIDIA High Definition Audio.I dont know if that what the problems is but i need help to fix my mouse.Also my monitor is connected via HDMI and also when i connect my mouse directly to my monitor it works fine but it can only be used for TV and apps, etc.

A:It doesn't detect my monitor as a monitor

The audio is referring to the audio signal for the TV. I want to make sure I understand you correctly, you are using the external monitor (LG) as your primary display, not dual monitors...?

If this is the case, go back into Device Manager, rt.click the Generic Monitor and choose "Update device driver". As long as the LG monitor is the primary display, and your laptop screen is off, 'Generic Monitor' is referring to whichever monitor is active. If you are using both monitors, then you should have two monitors being shown in device manager.

As far as the mouse feeling 'sluggish', do you mean it's just very slow? What is the screen resolution of your new LG monitor? Is it the same as the laptop monitor? If the resolution is higher, sometimes the mouse will seem sluggish when using a higher resolution, which means you might have to turn up the pointer speed in the mouse's control panel. Before you update the device drivers for the monitor (which may or may not be able to be updated), try reducing the screen resolution of the LG and test the mouse that way.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/53185-doesnt-detect-my-monitor-monitor.html
Relevancy 88.58%

Okay so long story short I ve ordered a new motherboard CPU Ram Graphics card and power supply to add to my old hard drives cd drive and case I ve assembled everything and when I press the power button on my computer everything comes on Power supply fans amp LEDs video card fan CPU fan However my monitor does not receive a signal from the computer I ve tried using the graphics card s video outputs as to can't turn monitor, signal pc New off build, no well as the onboard video output and none work Plus after the pc has been New build, no signal to monitor, can't turn pc off turned on I can t turn it off using the power button on the case and must use the switch on the power supply One more thing I noticed when I remove the Graphics card and try to start the computer it turns on for a second and then shuts off I have tried booting it up outside of the case and tried with one stick of ram but that did not work either I would greatly appreciate any help anyone could give me Thanks Parts involved in this build Older Parts Apevia X-Crusier Case GB Western Digital TB Western Digital New Parts Gigabyte Motherboard - http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E W Antec Power Supply - http www newegg com New build, no signal to monitor, can't turn pc off Product Product aspx Item N E G Skill x GB Ram - http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E AMD Phenom II X - http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Radeon HD - http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E nbsp

Relevancy 87.72%

Hello TSG My girlfriend is having a few difficulties with her GB Buffalo External Hard Drive As of this morning her Laptop hasn t been able to turn on if the HDD is plugged in and turn HDD Solved: if HDD Laptop doesn't plugg Doesn't - is EXT EXT BSOD's on recognise if she plugs the HDD in while turned on the Laptop doesn t recognise it and Blue Screens after a few minutes She hasn t had the Hard Drive long coming up to a year now and her Laptop is a Fujitsu Siemens with Windows OS She says she doesn t want to reformat though it sounds more of a power issue to me if possible as she has a lot of photographs and work on there she doesn t wish to loose If anyone has any idea what s wrong please let us know Thanks a lot EDIT - I just advised her to try plugging the EXT HDD into another plug socket and low and behold it works again She said however that when she plugged it in blue sparks flickered Solved: Laptop doesn't recognise EXT HDD BSOD's - Doesn't turn on if EXT HDD is plugg at Solved: Laptop doesn't recognise EXT HDD BSOD's - Doesn't turn on if EXT HDD is plugg the socket for a few seconds which really doesn t sound good Any idea if it s the HDD s plug itself going or is it Solved: Laptop doesn't recognise EXT HDD BSOD's - Doesn't turn on if EXT HDD is plugg the sockets in her room lt gt Cheers nbsp

A:Solved: Laptop doesn't recognise EXT HDD BSOD's - Doesn't turn on if EXT HDD is plugg

Can you try the external drive on another PC as a test

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-laptop-doesnt-recognise-ext-hdd-bsods-doesnt-turn-on-if-ext-hdd-is-plugg.922021/
Relevancy 87.72%

I have a dell inspiron n it has the following specs years since purchse core i GB b of RAM nvidia gt graphics card gb dedicated Windows bit GB HDD The laptop was or screen booting turn beeps no doesn't on, Laptop boot, sounds doesn't are heard error working fine yesterday and when i went to sleep i properly turned it off without any errors occurring Today when i turned it on - -the power button turns on -the three support buttons on the top Laptop doesn't boot, screen doesn't turn on, no error beeps or booting sounds are heard right corner of the laptop flash -i can see battery and power notification lights but the hard drive light doesn t blink or turn on -i can hear and in fact glimpse the fan working -the screen shows nothing it isn t a black screen because that would imply that the screen still turns on but the screen remains off nbsp -I hear no error beeps or any kind of booting sounds -I should also probably mention that recently the AC adapter of the laptop wasn t working properly and i had part of its main connecting wires replaced while keeping the circuit board or main work board intact and it worked fine after that but i am guessing the repair may have something to do with this new issue I have tried the hard reset or flea power method hoping it would solve the problem but it hasn t work even after multiple attempts The laptop is no longer under warranty and if the issue is dire and i suspect it is i would have to send the computer to a dell support nbsp and repair center and i have nbsp heard maintenance and repair costs may be as much as the laptop s price depending on the nature of the fault nbsp But at this moment i have no idea what the fault is nbsp Please suggest any faults that may cause such a situation and a suitable course of action for a solution

A:Laptop doesn't boot, screen doesn't turn on, no error beeps or booting sounds are heard

This fixed my problem with my Lenovo. Thanks so much!

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19516269
Relevancy 86.43%

Hey everyone I m in dire need computer to card up fine graphics Graphics post monitor, my doesn't boots any of some help with my PC The computer turns on fine and boots up can hear the windows start up tune Graphics card doesn't post any graphics to my monitor, computer boots up fine but I can t see anything on the monitor Here s the details I was playing a computer game on friday and during that it crashed I have no idea if this is when things started or not but I restarted and it was fine On sunday I had another crash only the screen flickered once or twice and there were green pixel lines going from top to bottom of the monitor about inches apart in a perfect pattern When I restarted there were no graphics on the monitor The light was flashing indicating it was on power saving mode I took the computer apart unplugged everything and put it all back together and for whatever reason it worked fine for about hours The next day I turned the computer on and it loaded fine but shortly after there was the return of the green pixel lines with the added addition of the top left corner of the screen being filled with green pixelated triangles in a perfect pattern These were flickering furiosly I tried restarting my computer and again I got no graphics posted to the monitor However the computer booted up fine and I heard the start up tune and minutes later I shut it down by pressing the quot Power Off quot button on my keyboard I tried another monitor and again got nothing I then tried taking the computer apart and putting it back together again only this time it didn t help I ve taken my graphics card out put it back in used both the monitor cable ports left the computer off all night without the power cable in and I can t get anywhere I ve taken my old card GeForce GTX out and borrowed my landlords GTX which is working fine at the moment I would go and buy a new card but I don t want to risk this happening again if I don t know why it s happening Fingers crossed I don t break my landlords graphics card by putting it in my pc I would like to know what s causing this if it is my graphics card or whether my motherboard will just start eating future graphics cards A friend of mine had a scenario not long ago where his motherboard kept breaking his graphics cards some how How would I know it would be safe to splash out on a new card My computer worked fine for years until now I d also like to point out that the fans didn t go into faster mode at any point they all remained pretty calm so I don t think it was overheating My computer s spec is OS Windows XP GPU GeForce gtx DVD Sony DVD-RW Q A Networking Nvidia nForce Networking Controller Processor Intel r Core tm Quad CPU GHz Motherboard nForce i SLI PSU Enermax Galaxy watt Thank you everyone nbsp

A:Graphics card doesn't post any graphics to my monitor, computer boots up fine

Its usually just the graphics cards, they do fail especially if they overheat - then video card fan not speeding up might have been the problem - most are dynamic and should actually speed up under load. Depending on the manufacturer of your 8800GTX you might be able to get it replaced under warranty if they have a 3 year or greater warranty.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/graphics-card-doesnt-post-any-graphics-to-my-monitor-computer-boots-up-fine.843395/
Relevancy 86.43%

I have a bit of a strange issue with my and Fans Computer Turn Doesn't on, on Automatically Lights Some Turn computer Forgive me if I m a little too descriptive but I m not sure which details are relevant and which are not for such a problem First the specs Computer Doesn't Turn on, Fans and Some Lights Turn on Automatically Model eMachines T Operating System Windows XP Service Pack Processor Intel Celeron Computer Doesn't Turn on, Fans and Some Lights Turn on Automatically D Processor GHZ K L Cache MHZ FSB Power Supply Unit Bestec Model ATX- - E REV P Motherboard I can t tell but it appears to be an Intel motherboard by the number of Intel labels on it RAM MB DDR SD originally added GB a couple of months ago Let me know if you need anything else Yesterday I got home from shopping around PM and I tried to start the computer I pushed the power button and nothing happened I checked all of the cords and they were all plugged in Not knowing what else to do I opened up the case to see if there was something obviously wrong The only thing that I noticed other than a bunch of dust was that the power supply unit was still hot I shut the computer down about hours earlier after about minutes of use so it seemed strange that the power supply was still hot I unplugged the computer just in case there was some sort of fire hazard At this point I called a friend who suggested that the problem might be with the motherboard or the power supply unit A few hours later I plugged it back in to try to get it to work As soon as I plugged it in the entire unit suddenly started quot running quot by itself I had not pushed the power button yet All of the fans turned on and the light on the front that turns on if the computer is processing something turned on but it was not as if the computer was processing something If the computer is processing something it flickers and clicks a little This was just a solid light with no quot clicking quot I pushed the power button but it didn t turn blue as it usually does if it turns on In fact nothing changed After about a minute and a half the entire unit shut down again and I was not able to get it to do the same thing again When I tried unplugging it and plugging it in again I could hear the unit try to start up again for a second but it would fail again Last night I opened it up to clean out the dust I figured that could be an issue with overheating despite the fans I basically took it apart and put it back together again to no avail I did find one loose wire in the power supply unit When I plugged it in it would turn on lights and fans but not the computer itself as it did earlier in the day but nothing new happened I noticed that a red light would go on when the computer was quot running quot but it would go off as soon as everything else turned off A similar green light would stay on when the computer was plugged in no matter what I did The power supply unit was no longer hot The entire unit except for the green light would shut down after about a minute This morning I tried to get it to work again and it was doing the same thing as it was last night I bought it about years ago when it was being phased out and I was planning on getting a new computer soon anyway so it s not a big deal if it s too serious I d probably try to fix it if I could do so for under Otherwise I ll probably get a new one I didn t really have anything important that I hadn t backed up on there but I d like to save the hard drive if I could I m a novice when it comes to hardware so I d be a little nervous about replacing major components I ve installed RAM and that s about it until last night So the three big questions What s wrong How can I fix it Is it worth fixing nbsp

A:Computer Doesn't Turn on, Fans and Some Lights Turn on Automatically

I would suspect that the Power Supply Unit (PSU) is going south. If you have a spare one laying around, install it and see if the problem goes away.
You can buy a new,better PSU from Newegg for about $40.00. I have used a Thermaltake 430 watt in one of my machines for some time now and it works well.
You will have to check the size of your PSU to be sure a new one will fit into the eMachine.
Here's the page with that PSU on it. It's the last one on the list.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=2010320058+50001379&name=Thermaltake

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-doesnt-turn-on-fans-and-some-lights-turn-on-automatically.624796/
Relevancy 86%

Hello,
recently, I bought 3 optiplex GX280 and a LCD ViewSonic VG700b, from the companny where I work.
they had to remove the OS before they sell these computers to their employees.
when I tried to connect the monitor, all I could see was "no "signal.

the optiplex has an integrated video card and I need to install the OS.
but how can I navigate the installation if I can't see anything on the monitor.

I feel very lost and I would greatly appreciate any help that you can provide.

A:My monitor doesn't work

Have you tried the monitor on all the machines? Have you tried the monitor on any machines other than the optiplex's? Could be the video card on the optiplex. Make sure you have a good solid connection to the video card. Make sure it's not loose. Make sure the fan is turning on the video card. If the fan is not turning it could be dead.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-monitor-doesnt-work.115443/
Relevancy 86%

Hey, When i turn the computer on, the monitor doesn't display anything on the screen. The little display light by the monitor power button will go from green to orange then to nothing.

I know the hard drive and processor are working because there is a beep sound after the computer is on. I checked all the power cables on the monitor and the cpu and all of them are well connected. I also change another monitor but still having the same problem.

If I turn off the computer and restart the computer after 20-30 minutes, the monitor will work fine. But this doesn't work all the time because sometime even been waiting for 45 minutes and I still don't get anything from the screen.

Any suggestion or helps? Thanks

A:Monitor doesn't work

klnaj said:

Hey, When i turn the computer on, the monitor doesn't display anything on the screen. The little display light by the monitor power button will go from green to orange then to nothing.

I know the hard drive and processor are working because there is a beep sound after the computer is on. I checked all the power cables on the monitor and the cpu and all of them are well connected. I also change another monitor but still having the same problem.

If I turn off the computer and restart the computer after 20-30 minutes, the monitor will work fine. But this doesn't work all the time because sometime even been waiting for 45 minutes and I still don't get anything from the screen.

Any suggestion or helps? ThanksClick to expand...

probably a gfx card problem, if you can try your monitor on anothe rpc or try a different monitor on your pc just to take that out of the equation

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-doesnt-work.357453/
Relevancy 86%

Hi everyone as the subject says I have a problem with my computer the display doesn't turn off after the configured time set in the active power plan The screensaver works fine so it's not that for example a mouse is giving random input Also when I shut down the computer the display jumps to powersaving so the display works fine I've already tried a lot of things to solve it doesn't Monitor power off and I hope that someone can help because I don't know what to do know Things I've tried - Set a different time in the power plan set time time to disabled and enabled again - Disable all wakeon devices by using powercfg - Install a generic monitor driver instead of the Samsun B one - Use the secondary DVI port - Update to the latest Nvidia drivers for my GT - Run Vista with Monitor doesn't power off all programs disabled both tried msconfig and safemode - Use the latest BIOS for my motherboard S mode is set to enabled according to powercfg - Installed the latest Intel INF Monitor doesn't power off files - Create a new power plan - Tried a different screensaver So what can I try now thanks

A:Monitor doesn't power off

Hi Peekstra,

Welcome to Vista Forums.

Double check to make sure that the monitor is set to shutdown at least 1 minute before the computer is set to sleep in Power Options.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/128207-monitor-doesnt-power-off.html
Relevancy 86%

Lately my monitor will not wake up when it goes to sleep. I have to turn my monitor off then on via the power button to get it to wake up. Anyone know why it keeps doing that?

My monitor is a Hanns-G 28" LCD and my video card is a Radeon HD4680 1GB.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-doesnt-wake-up.938794/
Relevancy 86%

Hey guys, I've built my computer and the motherboard (ASUS A7N8X Deluxe, 2.08 Athlon 2800+ chip) turns on and gives power to the hard drives, but the monitor doesn't turn on. The one problem that I can think of is that my motherboard doesn't recognize the video card I put in it and since the motherboard doesn't have an onboard VGA slot, I don't know how I can get the monitor to turn on. Any ideas?

A:Help: CPU turns on but monitor doesn't

doesn't have onboard VGA slot?? I'm not sure what was meant by that statement, so I'll just run throught some basic things to check and some additional info you need to provide.

What is the rating of the Powersupply you are using in the machine. Wattage as well as rail current ratings are important.
what are the full specs of the system?
Is the video card well seated in the AGP slot?
Is the monitor cable properly connected?

Without having that additional info, its difficult to go any further

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-cpu-turns-on-but-monitor-doesnt.7395/
Relevancy 86%

Heres TV doesn't as second right. monitor work a the TV as a second monitor doesn't work right. problem I have a Gateway GZ notebook with integrated Intel Extreme graphics I have had a second TV as a second monitor doesn't work right. monitor hooked up before with no problem at all but when I try and go from my laptop to a TV the desktop on the TV has no color is stretched Vertically and squeezed horizontally making my desktop appear to be a couple inches wide and as tall as whatever screen I try it on It also shows seperate desktops on the TV like the image is repeating itself I have tried everything I can think of from updating drivers trying component instead of S-cable I even installed Powerstrip to see if it might help Nothing fixes it Anyone know how I can get the TV to work correctly as a second monitor Is there a driver for that chipset that will allow me to fix the problem I hooked up my nieghbors notebook the same way and it works just fine It s a mac but has the same Intel graphics utility as mine does Please help I m sitting behind my TV cramped with my laptop on my lap hahaha Thanks in advance guys NIck Reynolds email protected nbsp

Relevancy 86%

Hi there. I have a problem that when I turn on my computer the monitor doesn't come on. I thought it might be the monitor so I connected another and the same problem occurs. Could it be something with my computer that it isn't communicating with the monitor. Any help would be appreciated.

Relevancy 86%

Hi i recently forgot my password to my computer and my bro was trying to fix it he is the geek not me i have no clue SO we tried a number of techniques I can t remeber from the internet and he did some crap that i coulnd t figure out as i said im technicly retarded when it comes to this stuff SO we tried to display Monitor anything? doesn't remove the battery out of the MB he said it would reset the memory or some crap So we did that but to get to the battery i removed the Graphics Card we succesfully removed the battery and replaced Monitor doesn't display anything? it after seconds We put the Graphics back in and i plugged the computer with all cords in and turned it on It turned on alright no weird sounds but the moniter didn t diplay anything the LED was amber so i turned the monitor off and on and the LED came up blue but it said No Signal - Digital I tried my screen on my bros pc and the screen worked so i no it isnt the screen btw we used the same cord and everything I don t know what the problem is and i was thinking since it isnt the screen it might be the GFX card or the MB My specs are gig HDD GT nivedia GFX card M N-X Asus MB that thingo with the fan as i said im retarded at that crap and a w Extreme Coolermaster PSU If someone could help me i would GREATLY and i mean GREATLY Appreciate it im a WoW nerd and i really dont want to waste my game time nbsp

A:Monitor doesn't display anything?

Hi as my post said im a retard and yes the battery is + side up. ive taken out the GFX card and i have pressed it in firmly till it locked. Ive tried taken out everything wireless card unpluggin the CDROM incase it wasn't getting enough power but that didn;t help . "You may also want to reseat your memory and any other PCI cards you have installed." What does that mean. My bro is cominghome in 10 minutes ill ask him but if you reply quicker that will be great. I also read on other sites that i should change some settings in the BIOS but how the **** do i do that if i can't see anything!!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-doesnt-display-anything.130691/
Relevancy 86%

Ok my monitor goes to sleep sometimes and it won't wake up. I have to unplug it for the video card and plug it back in until the next time I want to use my computer.

A:My Monitor doesn't work right!!

Have you tryed just turning the monitor off and on? Also go to start,settings,control panel, power management, power schemes, set it to AlWAYS ON, then set turn off monitor to NEVER. BOL

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-monitor-doesnt-work-right.64576/
Relevancy 86%

so problem is with monitor.When i started my computer the monitor screen was black after like 5-10 min itshows display normally but now suddenly when i started pc in morning my monitor didnt display anything i try to wait like half hour but nothing please help me!!!
my monitor is samsung syncmaster 2220lm and my pc s hp pavilion slim graphics card:gefoce 210

A:monitor doesn't display anything

...you don't have anything in system specs about the computer model number or the monitor model number... so boot the computer from your install disk, remove the driver from the video card and reboot, hopefully the driver will reinstall without corruption...hopefully it is not the gpu going south...

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/362531-monitor-doesnt-display-anything.html
Relevancy 86%

i turn on the computer but it doesn´t gives the initial beep, my monitor doesn't receives image and i don't ear some usual sounds (i only ear the vents). i cheked the ram, the grafic board, the hard disk, and tried ouit the computer in a friend's house(to check out if it was a monitor or voltage problem) . Anyone can help?

A:My monitor doesn't gives signal

How did you check out the RAM, hard drive, and video card? Did you try them in another system? Or was it the completely assembled computer that you brought to your friend's house.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-monitor-doesnt-gives-signal.274666/
Relevancy 86%

I have a Gateway GR desktop that I purchased in August This weekend all of a sudden the monitor stopped receiving a signal from the PC The monitor has power and all I get is the screen telling me there is no signal I have checked all the connections and they are fine This particular computer has two monitor ports in the PC One has the video card and the other doesn t I obviously have the monitor plugged into the port with the video card Unplugging it from the port get a Monitor doesn't signal with the video card and plugging it into the one without isn t working I couldn t remember if I had to go through my Control Panel to switch the monitor port or Monitor doesn't get a signal not It s been too long I have also replaced the power supply in this computer about a year and a half ago and it has worked every since until now Is there a way for me to trouble shoot the problem I can hold in the power button on the tower and turn off the PC and when I push the button again it always reboots but I never get a signal Is it the video card The RAM The motherboard Please help nbsp

A:Monitor doesn't get a signal

Either your graphic card is broken, you could test it if you replace it with another known-good card. Or you have set windows to run from the other card which I don't believe but it could be so also. Windows usually finds automatically the aviable card. It could also be that you shut it down in BIOS but that's also unlikely.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-doesnt-get-a-signal.115116/
Relevancy 86%

Since my monitor doesn't display red, what all hope is there of me fixing it?

Is there maybe a place I can go to download drivers that can fix the problem, or is my monitor blown?

A:My Monitor doesn't display red...

I doubt it's a software problem. First shut off the computer. Then try disconnecting the monitor from the computer. Look at the end of the cable. Do you see any bent pins? Try connecting it again. Turn the computer on. If you still don't have any red, then the red gun inside the monitor is probably shot. You'll have to replace the monitor.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-monitor-doesnt-display-red.66137/
Relevancy 86%

I am running Windows XP home version. I have a flat panel monitor by Norwood. All was fine until a week ago, when I took the pc out of stand-by mode, the monitor automatically came on, now it does not. If this is a driver problem, what do I do? Also, the sound was fine, now no sound comes out of the speakers, just the monitor. I don't remember loading anything on to the system lately. Help!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-monitor-doesnt-come-back-on.402984/
Relevancy 86%

Hi! Newbie here. Hope you guys can help me.

We just got a new 19" flat screen monitor - LG L1932TQ. The desktop picture does not fit the screen properly. It recommends setting the screen resolution at 1280x1024 but when I do that the desktop extends off the edges of the screen, and there are still black areas at the top and bottom that aren't being filled. There doesn't appear to be a way to manually adjust the size like on our old monitor, you can only move the picture up & down or right to left, you can't stretch it. I'm running Windows XP.

Relevancy 86%

I'm running two Nvidia video cards with 3 monitors (SLI). Most of the time the monitor on the 2nd video card (only one on this one) won't load the screen. It does an odd thing where it sort of is flashing on and off in a regular pattern (sort of like it doesn't have data feed). Sometimes, however, it does load and works fine, and it seems that this is usually right after a start up.

Most recent video card drivers, Win7 up to date, etc.

A:Monitor on SLI doesn't (always) work

You can only run two monitors when configured in SLI: http://www.geforce.com/Hardware/Technologies/sli/faq#s1

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-on-sli-doesnt-always-work.1045667/
Relevancy 86%

Hi,
I've recently been having slight issues with my monitor which is the LG22261and I've had this for over 5 Years and It's never missed a beat.
Now It's always worked as it should be, but when I switch on my Computer usually the red light on the right croner of the screen should flicker then you "swipe" behind for it to come on. But on a few occations nothing happens.
I have a Surge Protector Plug for all my devices and checked that they are all secure and sometimes the red light on the monitor will appear by luck.
Has anyone had a similar experience?
Thanks Rob

A:Monitor Problem Sometimes doesn't come on

While you have done the obvious, the flickering of the power light suggests that there is an intermittent power supply.
This may not work, but is cost free. Unplug everything > Take the Surge Protector Plug out of the Circuit > Plug everything back in > If possible using different Sockets for everything that you can.
Anti Surge Bars/Plugs are relatively inexpensive and easy to replace

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/monitor-problem-sometimes-doesnt-come-4595872/
Relevancy 86%

So today when I woke up I turned on my monitor and surprise Nothing So I said to myself quot Again that f king monitor get Monitor signal doesn't showing nothing quot So I did what I do habitually when this happen unplug and re-plug the DVI cable Nothing Yay gt gt So I also tried re-pluging it at my video card Nothing Tried with the VGA cable I had Nothing Monitor doesn't get signal Tried un-pluging and replug power Nothing I had no more time so I left for my last day of work During the day I had thought of two things The video card fried The display port of the monitor somehow fried So when I came home I unplugged it and plugged it back on a old Celeron MHz with a very old graphic card on VGA Nothing So I decided to take it to my dad's home and try it out Plugged it on VGA on the DVI adapter the DVI adapter was too difficult to remove so I only tried VGA It worked So I can take that the monitor still works fine Also I don't see the BIOS or anything when it's plugged On both my PC or my dad's When Windows starts I have to turn off and turn the monitor back on and it showed my dad's WinXP It started after I installed Win RC in French last night I forgot to turn off the quot turn monitor off after 'x' time quot and after I closed myself the monitor and went to bed and left the PC open Also forgot to remove my USB flash drive - leaving the LED on In the morning the LED was off The monitor still shows the messages that it doesn't receives signal I think of - Monitor going bad - Graphic card defective Monitor ViewSonic Optiquest Q wb quot x My dad's PC Asus Mobo don't remember which one Core Duo E GHz GB of RAM nVidia GeForce GTX x Western Digital GB k RPM x Western Digital GB k WinXP Pro SP legit The old PC Celeron MHz MB MB MB of RAM DDR Voodoo III MB GB of Hard drive Hacked WinXP with no graphic drivers Mine is below

A:Monitor doesn't get signal

Hi Lebon,

If the monitor shows the no signal bit, then probably not that. Have you tried your Dad's monitor on your computer? If it works, try booting into safe mode (info here if needed: Advanced Boot Options) and reinstalling the cards driver.

Hope this helps.

Gary

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/10180-monitor-doesnt-get-signal.html
Relevancy 86%

I sent pc over to repair and got it back today but when I put the monitor end into the pc I notice that the slot to put it in is gone and instead I think there are new ones that are much bigger so what are my options because I just wan't my pc working asap.

Relevancy 86%

Well, I just built my new computer and i plugged just a monitor and a keyboard in and turned it on. All the fans were spinning including the video card one and everything looked normal but the monitor didn't do anything? It just stayed at the "orange color" mode, instead of displaying anything it just stayed black? And the keyboard doesn't work either... I think the motherboard might be off? But that doesn't make much sense since i have the power plugged into it. Any suggestions?

Relevancy 86%

Hi guys so i have computers with the same problem the nd is an old comp so I m not too bothered about I noticed my computer was getting a little noisey so i thought i PC Monitor doesn't detect d clean all the dust out of it st comp i took the CPU and graphics Monitor doesn't detect PC card off to blow the dust out also Monitor doesn't detect PC i blew air into the PSU fan The computer boots up sounds perfect but about minutes uptime it will still be powered but my monitor just goes into standby i tried with my TV too and the same issue nd comp I hadn t used for about year i tried hooking up to monitor and it just doesn t respond i ve tried with another monitor too and still the same also tried using a different VGA cable monitor remains standby But unlike my other computer this one doesn t even display for minutes Any ideas on what can be causing this suspiciou nbsp

A:Monitor doesn't detect PC

i took the CPU and graphics card off to blow the dust out...Click to expand...

What do you mean you took the CPU off? Do you mean the heatsink? The heatsink fan? If you removed the heatsink from the CPU, did you clean off the old thermal compound and apply fresh compound? If not, the CPU is overheating.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-doesnt-detect-pc.146809/
Relevancy 86%

A friend of mine is in Texas I am in MI and she just snatched a computer on Ebay http cgi doesn't the work???? monitor why So ebay com ws eBayISAPI dll ViewItem amp ssPageName ADME B EOIBSAA US amp Item She So why doesn't the monitor work???? called me and asked me to help her set it up She powered it up and and it just stayed on the Compaq splash screen I told So why doesn't the monitor work???? her that maybe the previous owner removed the operating system but they did provide the installation CD s and she just need to put Windows back in Well I started to talk her through some of this stuff but she told me that her monitor which is a Dell was like in quot sleep quot mode the amber light stayed on even though the computer was on After a few minutes it would pop up but every time she tried to do something put the Windows CD in or hit an F key at bootup it went out again I told her to connect her monitor from the other computer she had That one although a little quicker to respond did the same thing I have no idea what is causing this as I have never come across this issue before I told her that we couldn t do a thing if we couldn t see what was going on LOL So I really have two questions what the heck is the deal with the monitor thing and also even if the OS had been wiped out shouldn t this computer still boot to SOMETHING like a DOS prompt maybe It is totally just sitting on the Compaq splash screen Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 86%

Hi, so today I have turned on my PC, but the monitor did not detect it.
I have unplugged and re-plugged all the cables and it still did not work.

I have then tried a different cable and monitor to but again it did not work.

Finally I decided to unplug my graphics card and plug the monitor into the integrated graphics card but once again it did not work.

The monitor does turn on and so does the PC but the monitor does not detect it being plugged in.

Any ideas on what can be the problem? (It all worked fine yesterday)

Thanks

A:Monitor Doesn't detect PC

Try this instructions are for a laptop but will work for a Desktop too: Black Screen Issues and Troubleshooting

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/monitor-doesnt-detect-pc-687393.html
Relevancy 86%

I have been using an old CRT monitor for years I recently bought to monitor, old it now went I doesn't look right. but back my an LCD monitor but didn't like how it looked So I switched back to my old CRT The problem is now the CRT has some of the LCD's settings I changed all the settings I know of Screen Resolution AMD Vision Control Center settings monitor brightness contrast settings back to the correct settings I went back to my old monitor, but now it doesn't look right. for the CRT But now it has ugly quot digital-looking quot for lack of a better term text just like the LCD did My old CRT used to have beautiful very readable text But now it has the thin pixelly text that I had never seen until I got the LCD especially on web-pages Also all the text on my CRT now looks a little blurry before I got the LCD it always looked as sharp as a pin And I can't put my finger on it but some things look a little darker than they used to and some things look a little too bright some white web-pages look too bright some photos look too dark even though I have set my monitor brightness and contrast settings back to normal and didn't and still don't have any brightness and contrast settings from the software end of things It can't be that my eyes got used to the LCD because I didn't use it long enough for that to happen The only thing I can think of is that some of the drivers for my graphics card an integrated ATI Radeon HD may have somehow locked on to certain settings optimized for the LCD screen and just won't let go of them now that I have started using my old CRT again Does anyone know what this problem could be or how to fix it

A:I went back to my old monitor, but now it doesn't look right.

I don't know what brand of LCD monitor you bought but to compare a LCD to CRT is like 10 to 0 for color, clarity and contrast. But folks choose what they like. Did you run the Clear Type routine for LCDs? It's an option on the Display menu. This should be run to adjust how the text appears on the screen.

But, I would suggest removing the ATI drivers, reboot then install them again with the CRT attached.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/336512-i-went-back-my-old-monitor-but-now-doesnt-look-right.html
Relevancy 86%

So problem is with monitor.When i started my computer the monitor screen was black after like 5-10 min itshows display normally but now suddenly when i started pc in morning my monitor didnt display anything i try to wait like half hour but nothing please help me!!!
my monitor is samsung syncmaster 2220lm and my pc s hp pavilion slim graphics card:gefoce 210

and after like 2 days i left my pc on and about like half hour or more the screen was back on but on another morning i waited more then hour and nothing strange isnt it what should i do!!!!

Oh and it started like this one morning my bro started on pc and it didnt start because power supply needed to rest so another day i started it and it was going but the monitor didnt display anything we buyed new power supply week ago but still it doesnt show anything help

A:monitor doesn't display anything!!!

2 options:

1) faulty vga card
2) faulty monitor

Try the monitor on another machine, if that works, then there's something wrong with your hw.
I also assume you checked the vga cable that goes from the monitor to the pc...

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/362802-monitor-doesnt-display-anything.html
Relevancy 85.57%

I just put together my first computer 6 months ago. It abruply shutdow in the middle of writing a paper for school. I couldn't turn it back on right away. after trying a few times, it turned on. All the fans are working even the fan on the power supply, the motherboards lights are on. My graphic card in on the motherboard. I think it might be my power supply because when I first put it together I didn't plug in the smaller power connection to the motherboard and the same thing is happening, black screen. It's like my computer isn't giving my monitor any feed. I will have more info when I get home. I can't get in to bios or safe mode.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-shutdown-doesnt-turn-on-right-away-when-it-does-turn-on-its-black.871317/
Relevancy 84.71%

I completed the set-up of a new Dell Inspiron 3647 using a small extra monitor (NEC ) After moving the unit into its final location, I connected to a DAEWOO F207 monitor I had been using with my previous machine (Dell GX260). However the monitor only displayed a black screen. I then tried a Samsung 710MP monitor that also works on my Dell GX260). Again, monitor only displays a black screen. The GX260 is running XP Professional versus the Inspiron which has Windows 7.​New machine doesn't have (or couldn't find) drivers for the old monitors?​Compatibility issue with the video card?​

A:Old monitor doesn't work on new Dell

if you are using an older CRT type monitor with the new machine...its possible that it cant support the minimum resolution of the new PC???

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/old-monitor-doesnt-work-on-new-dell.1120854/
Relevancy 84.71%

Hi,

I have a gaming PC (HP) And My friend came over and tried to fix it, only to wreck it. ):

He switched the Hz from 60 to 59, and then the Monitor said 'Unsupported video signal.'
So, I read on the internet to change the Hz back too 60, and the resolution down on another monitor, I did, but now the monitor continues to do this!
It says Unsupported video signal.
I already reset the monitor to factory settings, and I can't seem to get it too work.
I've tried everything, even looking to make sure the settings on my PC weren't being changed (like 60 going back too 59hz)
So, Please may anyone comment how I can make it work?

I've tried many obvious things. My model is Toshiba 24L400U 24' tv,
and the resolution on the tv is 1360 x 736 (Thats max) and windows says that 24' monitors go up to 1900 x 1200...
Please help!
!
-Apex

Relevancy 84.71%

I got new monitor with maximum resolition of 1920x1080. My computer doesn't support this one. My computer options from high to low are 1600x1200, 1280x1024,.... but not 1920x1080.
What do I need to do?

A:PC doesn't support new 1080p monitor?

Try installing the driver for the monitor if there is one. You may also want to verify that your video card supports that resolution.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-doesnt-support-new-1080p-monitor.150311/
Relevancy 84.71%

I have a strange issue with my monitor. When I turn my computer on, sometimes it will show the BIOS splash screen and other times it won't. This seems to also always happen if I restart.

Its like the monitor doesn't realise there is anything to display then when it kicks in, its too late to show it. Is there any reason for it to show it sometimes but not others?

A:Monitor doesn't display BIOS

Hi -

Have you tried connecting an external monitor when attempting to display the BIOS? If it works, this would instantly tell us your faulty hardware/issue; your monitor. If it doesn't work, then.. I'll see.
Regards,
Undocked Windy . . .

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-doesnt-display-bios.129388/
Relevancy 84.71%

Hey all Around a week ago while using my Dell Dimension the screen would go black for a couple of seconds and then come back displaying an error in the bottom right of the screen about my graphics card NVIDIA A couple of days ago it did the same thing but instead of coming back on it stayed black I turned the power off left it for a short while and when I turned it Monitor display anyting doesn't back on everything was returned to normal However today the screen isn't returning Monitor doesn't display anyting I've unplugged everything restarted over and over -- nothing The screen is just displaying black The PC is starting up fine in that I can hear it but there's no output Monitor doesn't display anyting on the screen Pressing Monitor doesn't display anyting a couple of buttons on the screen displays the following message Digital Input In Power Save Mode Press computer button or any key on keyboard or move mouse The screen itself is working perfectly fine on the Analog Input as I also use it to run my Wii and I've absoloutely no problems with that Please could someone help me Thank you

A:Monitor doesn't display anyting

Sounds like the video card may be toast on you! The warning about the card was the hardware failure detection Dell apparently has inplace and why you were seeing that appear. On custom builds in most cases a long beep followed by two short depending on bios is what you typically hear at post time when a card fails.

The one way to find out if this is the case would be using another card. Since everything else seems to be running normal this is what to look at there. If the picture returns with the substitute or replacement card you've found the problem. If still under warranty you would need to bring it back or send it in to be covered.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/59538-monitor-doesnt-display-anyting.html
Relevancy 84.71%

I have a Dell E310 with XP in which I just installed a VisionTek X1550 PCI graphics card. The card seems to work fine. My issue is that since I installed the card, the monitor will not turn off when my computer tries to go to Stand-by mode. Instead, the Dell Self-test Feature Check just slowly migrates across the screen. I believe the OS is sending the signal to turn off the monitor because the STFC would only appear when the monitor no longer detects the graphics card. So it's like the OS is shutting down the graphics card, but the signal doesn't reach the monitor to power it off (change the power button from green to amber and set the screen completely black). I would really like to get this working again. Does anyone know how to correct this? Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-doesnt-power-off-in-stand-by.669112/
Relevancy 84.71%

Ok First of, I have Hp pavilion, Windows vista Ultimate, the problem that i have is at random times my monitor goes to sleep mode and never does wake up, I get frustrated over this because I have to end up pressing and holding the power button down which is unsafe for my computer. Please help!! Thank you

A:Monitor goes to sleep and doesn't wake up

Usually if the monitor goes to sleep in means that there is not a video signal.  However, if holding the power button down on the monitor? will wake it then the issue is the monitor.  If you are holding down the power button on the PC then you have another issue.  Which power button are you holding down? What model PC and operating system are you using?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/Monitor-goes-to-sleep-and-doesn-t-wake-up/td-p/298770
Relevancy 84.71%

Hi everyone I rebuilt a laptop running Windows Pro -bit and made sure all the drivers are installed by checking Device Manager But for some reason the external monitor doesn t work when I use a VGA cable from laptop to the external monitor I m sure that the cable the VGA ports of laptop and monitor work fine As some more additional info I realised that Sleep mode is greyed out as default on the START menu I tried to install the laptop s original video driver rather than using the default one but i got a pop-up message saying quot Your computer does not support the minimum requirements for installing this software quot I provided all these details since I thought they might be related to each other What could your suggestion be for this problem Is there any Group Policy rule s on Computer Configuration that blocks disable Sleep mode using External Monitor and the installation of Video Driver If there is could you please let me know where I could find those rules The only suspect I have is some pre-configuration made on group policy rule s Please let me know what you think about this issue Thanks for your help from now on Regards nbsp

Relevancy 84.71%

Hey, guys... I'm just wondering if someone can help me here about my DVI.. Because earlier my DVI cord still works on my Acer X193HQ 18"5 and I tried to dual display my MSI N430GT in a VGA.. I connect the two monitor on my one video card, the Acer X193HQ in DVI then I have another monitor Acer H193HQV in VGA... After I turned it on my pc.. Theres no display.. I turned off my computer then back on a single monitor the DVI-I on my X193HQ = no display (no signal) But when I plug my VGA to the monitor is has a dispay but when DVI it has no signal... Please help me.. I need a DVI so that I can NVIDIA scale it cause VGA doesn't have NVidia Scaling.. Thanks

A:My DVI doesn't work - no display on the monitor

Check your DVI cable for bent pins at each end. For test purposes try to get another DVI cable and see if it will work.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-dvi-doesnt-work-no-display-on-the-monitor.162995/
Relevancy 84.71%

i tried inserting a new hard drive and a geforce4

then i hooked up everything properly and put everything back together... and now my monitor doesn't even turn on!!!!

i took out the hard drive and put back the geforce2 (which i originally had) now the monitor doesn't turn on!!!

i made sure everything was hooked up properly and now nothing happens on the screen.

the only other different thing that happens is now it makes a lot new beeps when it starts up... as though it's recognizing all new parts except the monitor.

so the thing i want to know is if the hard drive is broken, the monitor is broken (the light of the monitor shows) or if the motherboard is broken but i doubt it becuz wouldn't everything be broken then??

Relevancy 84.71%

Hi,

I'm using two identical monitors on my PC (Samsung SyncMaster 2220wm) in a dual monitor setup.

The problem is one of them occassionally gets stuck in standby mode, and doesn't display my desktop anymore. All I see are the "Analogue" and "Digital" mode icons swapping over and over and over in an endless loop, as if the monitor can't decide which one to choose !! and I have to restart the PC for it to work again.

Any idea what could the problem be?

I'm running them on Windows Vista home premium.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-monitor-doesnt-go-out-of-standby-mode.775907/
Relevancy 84.71%

I recently had to re-install everything (brand new hard drive). After all the critical updates, SP2, etc - I still can't get my Acer 19" (AL1915) to show windows being dragged across the desktop all smooth-like. The drivers I'm finding are of a compressed folder containing three files:
al1916 - Security Catalog
al1916 - ICC Profile
al1916 - Setup Information
I've tried to Update the Driver specifying the locations of those files, computer search on its own, everything. I've downloaded a performance driver from AMD (my computer is an AMD Athlon(tm)64 Processor). A program ensued, smiled at me, then went away. Restarted. Nothing different.

I've done it before, but I can't seem to get it back to where it's supposed to be (like in the good old days when the last C drive was just fine.

Any guidance? Please?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/acer-19-monitor-doesnt-like-xp-pro-help-207112.html
Relevancy 84.71%

I have a terrible problem!! By mistake I uninstalled a VGA program from the add/remove programs in the control panel and now my monitor does not display my desktop correctly and some of my programs are acting funny. Even when I open Internet Explorer, the graphics are terrible, wrong colors, distorted. Can anyone help me? I am on a network at work and running Windows 2000 Professional. Is there a way to restore the uninstalled program? I have Windows XP at home and it comes with a System Restore Program...and I restored my sisters Windows 98 operating system with command prompt. HELP!!

Relevancy 84.71%

For some reason, after my laptop comes out of standby, my monitor doesn't turn on. The power light doesn't blink anymore and the wireless light turns on, so I know it's not in standby anymore. But, the monitor still stays black no matter how much I click. My only option is to manually turn off the laptop by holding the power button and then turning it back on. However, when it turns back on the screen turns on.
Any help with this problem will be highly appreciated.
Configurations:
Compaq Presario V5000
Windows XP SP2

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-doesnt-come-on-after-coming-out-of-standby.924609/
Relevancy 84.71%

Hi,

I have a gaming PC (HP) And My friend came over and tried to fix it, only to wreck it. ):

He switched the Hz from 60 to 59, and then the Monitor said 'Unsupported video signal.'
So, I read on the internet to change the Hz back too 60, and the resolution down on another monitor, I did, but now the monitor continues to do this!
It says Unsupported video signal.
I already reset the monitor to factory settings, and I can't seem to get it too work.
I've tried everything, even looking to make sure the settings on my PC weren't being changed (like 60 going back too 59hz)
So, Please may anyone comment how I can make it work?

I've tried many obvious things. My model is Toshiba 24L400U 24' tv,
and the resolution on the tv is 1360 x 736 (Thats max) and windows says that 24' monitors go up to 1900 x 1200...
Please help!!

-Apex

Relevancy 84.71%

Hello, I was just adding a new DVD drive to my desktop computer and just took it out to my patio, put it in, and then closed it back up. I blew inside the tower a little to get some of the dust out. After, I tried starting my computer and then the monitor didn't work. It could not detect the computer and nothing happened. The computer was up and running (from what I saw) but the monitor wasn't working.

At first, I thought it was the monitor, so I tried a different monitor on the computer, but that didn't detect the computer also.

So then I thought it was the graphics card, but I realized my graphics card is an integrated graphics card.

So, I just put in another graphics card, plugged the monitor into that output, but it still didn't work.

I don't know what's going on, could somebody please help?

Relevancy 84.71%

Recently I got a new monitor for my motherboard (Asus M5A78L-M) due to the old one dying, the reason was that there was no posting to t he screen. It was an OEM, Pegasus motherboard that usually dies out sometime anyway, so replacing it was probably sitll a good idea.
After replacing it, putting in all the cables and things of that matter, it still won't post. I've tried switching the RAM into different slots, but still nothing will show up on the screen.
Everything else works fine, the fans work and the lights are lid up where they should be. THe DVD-Drive does open, but closes a couple of seconds afterwards. Also, other things like a mouse and keyboard light up for a second when it turns on.

I really need to diagnose the problem before I spend more money on this stuff.

A:New motherboard still doesn't post to the monitor?

I would start by checking the monitor and the cable. Switch both out with known working monitor/cable to see if you get a response.

For clarification, did you only switch out the motherboard or did you buy a monitor as well? We need to know exactly what you're trying to do to provide the best answer. I think you're saying you replaced the mother board and nothing is showing up on the monitor, correct?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/342106-new-motherboard-still-doesnt-post-monitor.html