Windows Support Forum

Need IBM WDS-3160 specs and Conner cp30100 specs major trouble

Q: Need IBM WDS-3160 specs and Conner cp30100 specs major trouble

As my post says I need the specs of both drives, paticularly the type of termination (active, etc). (I am definately NOT a SCSI savvy person)

Heres my problem I have a proprietary graphics computer that uses standard SCSI hard drives up to about 340mb for saving images. It is compatible with most Quantum LPS/Prodrive and Conner drives, especially the 120mb and 270mb versions.
Anyway I got a large number of IBM WDS3160's due to the lack of the latter and they do not work properly.

With the ibm drives I have problems with line noise and detection.

What is the difference (electronically) between an IBM WDS-3160 and a Conner 30100 drive? Is there any way I can get the IBM drive to function similarly to a Conner 30100?

Please note that I am only using one drive in the system.

Thanx for any help

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Need IBM WDS-3160 specs and Conner cp30100 specs major trouble

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Need IBM WDS-3160 specs and Conner cp30100 specs major trouble

I believe I've found a difference between the two drives, it seems that the conner unit automatically enables SCSI parity and the ibm drive makes no mention of it.
Do any of you think this could be the issue? If so how would I enable parity on the ibm drive?

Thanx

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-ibm-wds-3160-specs-and-conner-cp30100-specs-major-trouble.116852/
Relevancy 97.18%

Which Intel P4 Processor and what storage options to use?

Hello everyone. I need to spec out a new testing PC for work, so I'm asking for some opinions. The role this thing will play is a VMware test machine. I will be creating VMware images to run application tests, break/fix, troubleshooting, etc. The operating systems on the images will likely be Server 2003 and XP. So I was thinking of 2 gigs memory, but that may be too conservative. The help I really need is with the CPU and storage. I obviously want a multi core/hyperthreaded CPU, but which one? Hot swapapble RAID would be nice, but what level, and do I need a stand-alone RAID controller or can I use the mobo's?

Thanks all, in advance.

A:Specs I need, give me specs. Opinion Sollicitation for work PC...

The Xeon Line of CPU's usally do very well in a server like setup. Alot of the time you can get the dual CPU motherboards. If you perfer though maybe one of the new Intel Dual Cores will run well, although im not sure, most servers I know of run dual Xeon's.

As for storage, if you have the money, get SCSI contolers and RAID SCSI drives. They are alot quicker.

And 2GB of RAM seems fine.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/specs-i-need-give-me-specs-opinion-sollicitation-for-work-pc.35001/
Relevancy 92.88%

it s a year and a half old and I ve barely used it since it s soooooo slow and messy Can t major Good useless laptop, lag specs, exchange it because of a problem with the warranty and if I want to repair it with the original manufacturer I might as well buy a new laptop from a different brand X x Specs HP DM - SF Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows dition Familiale Premium Good specs, useless laptop, major lag bit Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU M GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R HD Graphics Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Hewlett-Packard Antivirus AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition Updated and Enabled Anything you can tell me would be greatly appreciated I tried a few diagnostics software that didn t tell me much aside from the fact that it performs below standards for this model And tested the Ram to see if the problem came from there The ram test results were normal performance But that s as far as I got without opening it up I really want to fix it myself if I can so if you could suggest some diagnostic tools that could help me figure out what the problem is or some tools to Good specs, useless laptop, major lag open it up and dig in and below are the symptoms with no other programs running Major lag can t even see what I type as I type it of the time Music can t play a single song without the sound breaking up and screeching Video Can t play video without Good specs, useless laptop, major lag stopping and pixelating every few minutes Firefox the image freezes or black s out completely whenever it feels like it Chrome stays on top so I have to minimize it if I want to look at anything else Word can t see what I type which is a problem when it skips letters I type on top of regular typoes that take forever to fix Thank you for any assistance or pointers you can give me nbsp

Relevancy 92.02%

I made a previous post about a computer I was planning to buy and whether Fallout 3 can run on those specs. But there's been a change of plans. The computer is sold out and outta stock so this is my second choice to buy Costco.

Would this computer with these specs run Fallout 3 at least above medium settings?

HP Pavilion e9280t Desktop
Intel Core i7 Processor
1GB ATI Radeon HD 4650
9GB RAM
1TB Hard drive
Windows 7 Home Premium

A:(Different specs) So would this computer with these specs be able to run Fallout 3?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/different-specs-so-would-this-computer-with-these-specs-be-able-to-run-fallout-3.879533/
Relevancy 88.58%

Having trouble on HP website finding my specifications for my laptop that is locking up on me.I am looking for mother board type and manufacture and hard drive info. A earlier post was answered by someone saying I needed to replace the hard drive. Naturally I want to put back the same hard drive. Can anyone tell me where to find the hard drive specs.  From HP for the DV9230US?Thank you in advanceSteve

Mr Steve2007

A:Trouble finding HP specs. for my laptop

No need to put back the same hard drive but if you want to do that you can just pull the old one and look at it. HP used a variety of different brands of hard drives then and still does. You can replace it with any 2.5 inch wide and 9.5 or 7mm thick SATA laptop hard drive of which there are infinite options. Your model is past ordinary support. HP has pulled all the Manuals and spec pages.  From what I can find, it was a 100gb 5400 rpm drive which is too small really in today's computing world. I suggest a 250 or 320 gig drive and in the US you are looking at around $40 for it on amazon.com or similar. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Trouble-finding-HP-specs-for-my-laptop/td-p/5844638
Relevancy 68.37%

http://img14.imageshack.us/i/45683141.png/

Link to specs there, Also running on a Geforce 9400GT

Upgrading PSU from 230W to 550W soon.

Someone please let me know.

A:Can i run WoW with these specs?

Yes, but you will probably have to set graphics setting to "low-medium" to prevent severe lag in crowded areas.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-i-run-wow-with-these-specs.841049/
Relevancy 68.37%
Q: specs?

Are these specs good enough to SMOOTHLY run the new Flight Simulator X???
AMD ATHLON 64 X2 3800+
500GB Seagate 7200RPM HDD
Ati Radeon x1300 PCI-E 512MB Graphics card
2048MB RAM

A:specs?

Yeah, I think so: http://www.microsoft.com/games/pc/flightsimulatorx.aspx#sysreqs

The system is leaps and bounds above the requirements for the game which are as follows:

* Microsoft® Windows® XP SP2 / Vista
* PC with 1 GHz equivalent or higher processor
* 256 MB of system RAM for Windows XP SP2 / 512 MB Vista
* 14 GB available hard disk space
* 32x speed or faster DVD-ROM drive
* 32 MB DirectX 9 compatible video card required
* Sound card, speakers or headphones required for audio
* Microsoft Mouse or compatible pointing device
* 56.6 Kbps or better modem for online play

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/specs.509506/
Relevancy 68.37%

- im BLOODLUST from cebu philippines im just years old and i dont know much about harware components im about to build my own PC but im not sure about my hardware components can any help me budget and chose the right component PROCESSOR -Athlon w fan boxed -P MOTHERBOARD -MSI K N NEO-FSR for athlon -P RAM -PQI MB PC DDR -P HARDDRIVE - gig Seagate sata -P MONITOR -LG quot T SH Flatron EZ black -P -Size quot Max resolution x Video input RGB Analog Inteface Pin D-Sub Regulation Compliance Low Radiation TCO- MPR-II Safety UL CSA TUV-GS SEMKO EMC FCC-B CE VCCI- X-RAY DHHS HWC ROV Ergonomics ISO - Power Saving EPA Energy Star ETC GOST C-TICK Cabinet Black OPTICAL DRIVES -LG X GSA- B multi dvd-writer -P -LG x x x x CDRW DVD black -P TABLE -Delta A blue w holder -P Specs My CASE -ROGA CX aluminum w kybrd only -P COOLING SYSTEMS -Coolermaster Aero Lite -P -Model ASB-V Blower s new design let the cooler able to blow towards the center of the heat sink More powerful blowers produce larger air pressure than traditional axial fans External fan speed adjustment on PCI and quot bracket allows user to set the desired fan speed to RPM without opening up the chassis Improved thumb-clip to avoid blocking with PSU or RAM modules -Thermaltake TR - M speed control -P -Coolemaster Fan mm -P VIDEO CARD -Inno d FX MB -P TOTAL US dollar P Philippine Peso -what can i upgrade degrade to minimize my cost nbsp

A:My Specs

So is $930 your max budget? Well you could save a little by not getting a CDburner ,as you already have a DVDburner listed. If you want to be playing games, you might want to go for a better graphics card, so maybe goto a 3000 athlon chip rather than the 3200 if you cant increase the amount you can spend.

Cant really help more, without knowing what your max budget is, and what you will be doing with the machine (games playing/just browsing net/etc)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-specs.402732/
Relevancy 68.37%
Q: specs

First I appologize for the many partial threads.I am trying to uas my phone to communicate with you and it is new and uframilar here are the p
Intel pent 4
8kd
512 km
Intel 865pe or 865g
8 channel
32 bits
Dual channe
Ddr sdam
Integrated intel pro10/100

Windows xp pro

A:specs

Which thread are you replying to?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/specs-686318.html
Relevancy 68.37%
Q: Specs

Okay I need detailed specs of a Dell Dimension 4100 desktop pc.. i know its old but i just need the specs(i.e- motherboard,max ram etc...)

THNX SO MUCH

A:Specs

http://www.labdv.com/leon-lab/pc/multiboot/dell_4100_en.htm
Do a Google search next time. There are 260,000 results for Dell Dimension 4100.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/specs.401595/
Relevancy 68.37%

PC specs:
4GB RAM DDR2 800 Kingston
XFX Geforce 8800GT 512MB
Core 2 Duo E7200
Motherboard Asus P5QL PRO
One DVD Writer Sony
One Hard Disk SATA 320GB

What should be my choice of PSU?

A:PSU for the following specs?

A solid 450-500W PSU will be enough. I recommend the Corsair 450VX as the best choice for you.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/psu-for-the-following-specs.114142/
Relevancy 68.37%

MB GA-945P-S3 (up to 4GB DDR2 memory / LGA / LAN / Audio / VGA / 16x PCI-E)
Core2Duo E4300 1.8GHz / 800 / 2mb cache
1 GB kingstone DDR2 667
160 GB Western SATA 2
XFX 7600GS 256MB video card
Asus DVD RW 18x
400W case with 3 fans

Note: ill be using it to play games and all that is around 500$

A:What do you think of my new PC specs?

Can i overclock using this mobo? reply asap! buying today!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-do-you-think-of-my-new-pc-specs.652784/
Relevancy 68.37%

Ok i ve enquired about having a computer built and have been sent possible specs I want people who know what their on about to voice their opinions please The computer is just for day to day use however I do like a bit of flight simulator so I want a good everyday type machine Are these short-form-factor style computers too small to cool ventilate properly ASUS P M A - AMD Athlon II X GHz GB DDR MHz GB MB cache SATA HDD X DVDRW Dual Layer SATA Direct X Graphics with HDMI out in Card reader Wireless-N Windows Pro bit SHUTTLE SHU-SG J - Intel Dual Core E GHz GB DDR MHz GB MB cache SATA HDD X DVDRW Dual Layer Intel Graphics Media Accelerator X Wireless-N Windows Pro bit SHUTTLE SHU-SN SH - AMD Athlon II X GHz GB DDR MHz GB MB cache SATA HDD X DVDRW Dual Layer Geforce DX Graphics with specs these which 3 of HDMI All in One Card Reader Wireless-N Windows Pro bit nbsp

Relevancy 68.37%

Hey guys just wondering if my specs would run Windows 7 or if I should just stay with Xp Sp3 until I can upgrade some hardware? Thanks in advance.

A:My Specs.

Buy a new laptop. You don't have enough memory, the gpu is obsolete and 4200RPM hard drives are too slow to run 7 indexing.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/36015-my-specs.html
Relevancy 68.37%

If I remember right, I have seen a link to click on that will show me the specifications on my computer. Couldn't find a posting with that link though. Sure would like that if you would. It has XP OS.

Thanks

A:How to get specs on my PC?

siw will give you pretty detailed info.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-get-specs-on-my-pc.1022194/
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi I m new to your forum of specs with the Help PC next my but I joined up because the replies in other threads seemed quite friendly unlike some forums I know of Anyway I m planning on building a new PC to use for recording music I m an amateur musician I ve made a list of Help with the specs of my next PC components I m planning to use but having not followed the developments in the PC world too keenly for the last couple of years I was wondering if anyone would be kind enough to check the list below and make sure eveything will work together All suggestions are also welcome --- CPU Intel Pentium BTX Socket GHz MB EM T Motherboard MSI P N Diamond Socket nForce SLI PCI-E ATX UPDATED to a different motherboard as the old one didn t support SATA- RAM Corsair Memory TWIN X A - XMS - x MB DIMM CAS What I m worried about here is have I got the right type of each thing and are they getting the best out of each other --- HDD Hitachi Deskstar T K GB S Graphics Gigabyte GF MB TC PCI-E Just like to know really if these will work with the motherboard and if the HDD will achieve SATA with said motherboard --- No question about these really just in case you re interested grinthumb Power supply Antec SmartBlue GB was thinking of upgrading this the higher power version not sure if there is any point though Case Antec P EU PC Case Performance One Series DVD Drive http www dabs com ProductView aspx QuickLinx TS --- I realise this is quite a big task for anyone to sift through so no worries if nobody has the time Thanks Rick nbsp

A:Help with the specs of my next PC

I just did a calculation of your PSU needs and you're at about 300w or so. I think you'll need a better PSU than a 350, otherwise you'll be working it pretty hard. MINIMUM you should get is a 380, but you should consider a 450w I'd say, especially if you ever plan to upgrade anthing or add another HDD for example.

But good choice for looking at the Antec PSUs. They are trustworthy. Oh, and I love that case you are looking at too.

I don't know enough about Intel based systems, so can't help you there. Hopefully someone comes along soon. cheers!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-the-specs-of-my-next-pc.35455/
Relevancy 68.37%

Here are my final specs, tell me what you think?

Also would a i7 be worth the extra money for a future proof pc?

Also would all the stuff fit in the mid-tower case i listed or will i need to get the full-tower version?

A:PC Specs

For those who do not have Excel or do not want to risk downloading a file, here are the specs.

Intel Core i5 3570K 3.4GHz Socket 1155 6MB Cache Retail Boxed Processor
Gigabyte GA-Z77-D3H Socket 1155 VGA DVI HDMI 8 Channel Audio ATX Motherboard
Corsair Vengeance Performance Memory Module 8GB (1x8GB) DDR3 1600MHz Unbuffered CL9 DIMM Memory for 2nd and 3rd generation Intel Core systems
Corsair Hydro Series H60 2013 model High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler
Gigabyte GTX 660 Ti Windforce2X 2GB GDDR5 Dual Link DVI HDMI Display Port PCI-E Graphics Card with FREE ASSASSINS CREED III Download Coupon + Free to Play bundle
(free accessory)*Assassins Creed III Nvidia Download Coupon
(free accessory)*NVIDIA F2P £100 in game for GTX 660 and above
MZ-7td250bw - Samsung 840 SSD
Seagate 3TB Barracuda Hard Drive - 3.5" SATA-III - 7200RPM 64MB Cache
NZXT Phantom 410 Black Orange Special Edition
Corsair Gaming Series 2013 Edition, 800 Watt, 80+ Bronze, ATX
Samsung S24b300hl LED LCD Widescreen 23.6" HDMI Monitor
TP-Link N600 Wireless Dual Band Pci Express Adapter
Liteon Ihas124 24x Dvd±rw (dual ±r)/ram Sata Drive (internal Black)
Microsoft Windows 8 64-bit DVD - OEM
HDMI Cable 1.4 Black 2 Metre
Build looks fine. The Mid-ATX case is fine and what most people use, barely anyone needs the extra room, mostly drive bays, of a full ATX case. The i7 may be a bit faster for gaming but the i5=3570k does pretty much as well in most games from what I've seen. If you want to invest a bit more money then upping the video card to the 670 or 680 may give you more gains.

Also, you could have just posted this to one of you original threads to keep proper thread flow.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-specs.1093905/
Relevancy 68.37%

Hopefully this is the most appropriate forum for this I have a PC that is about - years old and while it has been upgraded many times it s showing its age when I try and run any of the new games No surprise there I have a bit of money to spend and am considering going the Alienware PC route I already have an Alienware laptop and am happy with it I customized the PC I d like and it came out to with shipping and taxes Below are the specs - do you see anything that would be worth waiting a month or two to drop in price The price is crazy but I want a system that will be future-proofed for at least a year or two What do you think Are there any new GPUs or processors on the horizon that would be worth waiting for if only to make the below specs cheaper Thanks in advance ----------- Area- on with Help specs new PC Processor Intel Core Quad Q GHz MB Cache MHz FSB Alienware P Chassis Alienware P Chassis with AlienIce Video Cooling - Conspiracy Blue System Lighting Alienware AlienFX System Lighting - Astral Blue High-Performance Liquid Cooling Alienware High-Performance Liquid Cooling Acoustic Dampening Alienware Acoustic Dampening Power Supply Alienware Watt Multi-GPU Approved Power Supply Graphics Processor Dual Graphics Processors - Dual MB NVIDIA GeForce GT - SLI Enabled Video Optimizer AlienAdrenaline v Video Performance Optimizer - More Info Memory GB Low Latency Dual Channel DDR SDRAM at MHz - x MB Motherboard Help with specs on new PC Alienware Approved NVIDIA nForce i SLI Motherboard Operating System Office software not included Windows Vista Home Premium DirectX Ready Desktop Tuners and Remotes Without Media Center Remote Control System Drive Single Drive Configuration - GB SATA Gb s RPM MB Cache Storage Drive Additional Storage Drive - GB SATA Gb s RPM MB Cache Optical Drives Single Drive Configuration - X Dual Layer Burner DVD RW w LightScribe Enthusiast Essentials Dual High Performance Gigabit Ethernet Ports Sound Card Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer High Definition Audio - More Info Monitor No Monitor Keyboard Premium Keyboard - Alienware USB Full-Size Keyboard Mouse Premium Mouse - Standard Optical -Button Mouse with Scroll Wheel Warranty -Year AlienCare Toll-Free Phone Support w Onsite Service AlienRespawn AlienRespawn v Recovery DVD Windows Vista Edition Removable Storage Alienware -in- Digital Media Reader Writer nbsp

A:Help with specs on new PC

go to this site and get all that same stuff for about a 1/4 fo what you would pay... www.geeks.com

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-specs-on-new-pc.97705/
Relevancy 68.37%

I want to make a pc and here is my specs please tell me if the pc will be able to build and tell me what you think Graphics Card http www amazon co uk Gigabyte-Ge XPHO ref sr ie UTF amp qid amp sr - Processor http www amazon co uk Intel-Gener s computers amp ie UTF amp qid amp sr - MotherBoard http www amazon co uk Asus-P Z - XPHM ref sr ie UTF amp qid amp sr - Cooler http www amazon co uk Cooler-Mast s computers amp ie UTF amp qid amp sr - SSD http www amazon co uk Samsung-Ser s computers amp ie UTF amp qid amp sr specs please PC help - RAM http www amazon co uk Corsair-CML s computers amp ie UTF amp qid amp sr - Power Supply http www ebuyer com -corsair-tx- w-v -psu- plus-bronze-certified-cmpsu- txv uk Hard Drive http www amazon co uk Seagate-inc GS ref sr ie UTF amp qid amp sr - Monitor http www amazon co uk Acer-S HL s computers amp ie UTF amp qid amp sr - Case http www overclockers co uk showproduct php prodid CA- -CM amp tool Windows http www ebay co uk itm Latest-Mi ting Software Software SR amp hash item PC specs please help d aef e W-LAN http www amazon co uk TL-WDN - X ref sr ie UTF amp qid amp sr - PSU http www amazon co uk Corsair-Pro s computers amp ie UTF amp qid amp sr - nbsp

A:PC specs please help

closing duplicate, please respond here.

http://forums.techguy.org/hardware/1093216-will-my-pc-work.html

also please remember that the sort of posting you are participating in can easily be construed to forum flooding.

thanks,

v

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-specs-please-help.1093215/
Relevancy 68.37%
Q: Specs

Does anyone know where I can get a list of PCs, cpu, buses, cords, RAM, Processors, speeds of things...etc and their specs that have been around since PCs have been around. Something like a good study sheet instead of going over notes? If so, can you please direct me to one. Much appreciated.

TIA

A:Specs

bruinator said:

Does anyone know where I can get a list of PCs, cpu, buses, cords, RAM, Processors, speeds of things...etc and their specs that have been around since PCs have been around. Something like a good study sheet instead of going over notes? If so, can you please direct me to one. Much appreciated.

TIAClick to expand...

Just google it, there are lots of review sites

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/specs.469900/
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi all!I was wondering a couple of things regarding the P70's built-in optical drive. 1) Is it a DVD burner? 2) Can it read (and burn) Dual-layer DVDs? 3) Can it read (and write) BR discs? 4) Is it "hot-swappable" the way it was on really old thinkpads (e.g. T40, T42, etc)?  If not, is it at least removeable? 5) what speed DVD drive is it?  What speed CD drive is it? 6) Where could I have looked this up online and saved you guys from looking this up? Thanks!

-----------IBM T40: XP PRO SP3, 14.1" 4:3 display, 512MB DDR RAM, 40GB HDD, ThinkLight, DVD.Lenovo Ideacentre H215: AMD Athlon II X2 215, 500GB HDD, 4GB DDR3 RAM, 64-bit Win7, AMD 760G.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/P70-DVD-specs/td-p/3398825
Relevancy 68.37%

I want a basic graphic design desktop for to run illustrator indesign and photoshop I have windows xp sp and eventually want to add a sound which go of please to with these specs card for music and possibly a second drive later I have been advised novatech are a good company to supply computers and have seen these specs below on their site but no mention of mother board also a price from dell direct which has also been advised I will get moniter as seperate element not included in this budget and I have operating system Sound card and second drive I will get later on which of these specs to go with please thanks if you can cast your eye over these specs and tell me which of these specs to go with please what you think novatech ---------------------------------------- Intel Core Duo E GB memory GB hard drive DVD writer NVIDIA GS Mb graphics Midi ATX case System price inc vat ----------------------------------------- as above but GB hard drive NVIDIA GT Mb graphics ---------------------------------------- and heres a spec direct from dell Intel Core Duo E processor GHz MHz MB cache Specifications - Base MB ATI Radeon HD graphics card Specifications - Video Card Memory MB MHz Dual Channel DDR SDRAM x Specifications - Memory Hard Drive GB rpm SATA Hard Drive Specifications - Hard Drive Optical Devices DVD -RW Drive read write CD amp DVD Specifications - Optical Devices thanks sam nbsp

A:which of these specs to go with please

-The specs are almost identical for both computers with the exception of the Graphics Card.
-I would not worry about upgrading the graphics on the first one if you don't plan to play games.
-320GB will probably not be enough space if you plan on saving lots of high resolution pictures and/or graphics (if it is for professional use).
-The Novatech is going to have a smaller case, if this makes any difference to you.

I would say go for the Novatech for the lesser price (and because I'm a Nvidia fan boy )

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/which-of-these-specs-to-go-with-please.754026/
Relevancy 68.37%

How to Get Better FPS in GTA San Andreas, Before, When i bought this Lenovo Laptop, I Could Still Get Like 30-45 FPS, But within the Succeeding Days, I'm only Getting like 20-25 FPS. Or Even Lower Than That, I Tried Using GameBooster ( IoBit ).. But the Maximum it Can give is around 28 FPS.

Any Help I Could Get From those Good People in here?
I'm Kinda Newbie in this Forum, Sorry For My Bad English

Anyway, I'm Running my Gta San Andreas with The Lowest Option, Like those videos in Youtbe.

Computer Specs:
?Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Professional
?CPU: Intel(R) Pentium(R) M Processor 1.86GHz
?Ram: 503 MB
?Video Card: Mobile(R) 915GM/GMS,910GML Express Chipset Family

A:How to get better FPS with these specs

try upgrading your ram!! Ram always shows immediate performance changes!! and video card? Does your mother board take agp or pci video card? minimum requirements for cpu 1ghz. I always found that game to be like world of warcraft if you don't have gig of ram the game does not work that great!!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-get-better-fps-with-these-specs.162868/
Relevancy 68.37%

I once had only GB ram and GB HDD and MB GFX I couldnt play anything or install Help new with specs! my anything or work on After Effects or Illustator I saved Help with my new specs! up bought a few cool stuff and i still have very high CPU usage when i run any of these programs or games Its frustration New Specs Help with my new specs! Operating System Windows XP Professional Build Service Pack Processor AMD Athlon tm X Help with my new specs! Dual Core Processor MMX DNow CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available DirectX Version DirectX c GFX Card name NVIDIA GeForce SE MB Problem Sad frame lag in most of the games and I think i have a decent spec to run games in good resolution But i have to put all the setitngs to a minimum and still there is frame lag CPU Usage when i run any program Please post your suggestion to make my buy a successful buy I really worked hard and bought it all Thanks nbsp

A:Help with my new specs!

Addition!

EDIT: The first time i assembled it. I could play FIFA10 and Sudden Attack NA flawlessly without any frame lag but as days went by its slowly lags and today its beyong worse. I quit 4 games in rage.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-my-new-specs.163066/
Relevancy 68.37%

I just purchased my PC parts (coming tomorrow!!) and I was wondering what other people's computer specs. Well here is my PC spec.

Antec 900 Case
ABIT IP35-E LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Intel Motherboard
EVGA GeForce 8800GT 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16
Intel Core 2 Duo E6550 2.33GHz
Kingston 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 667
Sythe Ninja Plus Revision B (CPU heatsink)

Relevancy 68.37%

Hey everyone new to the boards Im an avid counter-strike source New rig: specs? CSS player trying to run the game on a single-core very outdated machine and am about to upgrade Ive been looking into Puget Velocity Micro and Falcon- Northwest systems Im still debating but New rig: CSS specs? the Falcon machine looks a bit too good to pass up Heres the possible specs TJ- - Black Anodized Silverstone Watt Strider - Modular nVidia nForce I - SLI Intel Core Duo E GHz Zalman CNPS B-ALCU LED GB X GB MHZ DDR x nVidia GTS MB Integrated On-Board Audio Seagate GB MB Cache SATA Lite-On X DVD -RW W Lightscribe Sony in Floppy-Black Windows XP Pro - Bit Samsung amp - x Enermax Quiet Mag-Lev Fans Year - Parts and Labor Known issues with this configuration None System Price question would this be a good setup for high FPS games such as css I used to have pretty bad choke and reg and around fps I want an extreme increase in performance what do you guys think nbsp

Relevancy 68.37%

Specs:
Motherboard: Aopen MX46-800N
Bios: R1.01b

Processor:
CPU Vendor: Intel
Type: Pentium 4
Frequency: 3000Mhz = 200Mhz * 15.0
Core Voltage: 1.47V

Ram = 480MB

These are my Specs, Would I be able to Run Vista.. Even though Video Driver Not Supported?
Everything Passes according to Pitstop. My XP My Jetwater-co

Relevancy 68.37%

Hi, I'm buying a new PC that can hopefully handle high-end games and flight sims such as FSX, and picked up a leaflet today from the local shop.
Below are the specs of their top-of-the-range model (£629/ 1100 dollars), do you think it'll do straight off the shelf or shall I ask them to fit a more powerful processor or vid card or whatever?

INTEL QUAD CORE Q6600 2.4 Ghz
4 GB DDR II 667 Mhz RAM
500 GB SATA II HARD DRIVE
DVD+/- Rewriter & DVD Drive
9600GS 256Mb PCIE Video
WIN VISTA Premium Edition

A:Will these specs do?

MickinDevon said:

Hi, I'm buying a new PC that can hopefully handle high-end games and flight sims such as FSX, and picked up a leaflet today from the local shop.
Below are the specs of their top-of-the-range model (£629/ 1100 dollars), do you think it'll do straight off the shelf or shall I ask them to fit a more powerful processor or vid card or whatever?

INTEL QUAD CORE Q6600 2.4 Ghz
4 GB DDR II 667 Mhz RAM
500 GB SATA II HARD DRIVE
DVD+/- Rewriter & DVD Drive
9600GS 256Mb PCIE Video
WIN VISTA Premium EditionClick to expand...
That's pretty good as far as the specs go, but the price seems high for RAM that's 667mhz, and a 256mb video card.

I would expect at least 4gb 800mhz RAM and a 8800GT or 9600GT 512mb video card for that price.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/will-these-specs-do.744364/
Relevancy 68.37%

Okay, so I got a computer about a year ago, i thought it would still be good for gaming for now but the new games that I play it just doesn't work with great as I'd expect. I have a small list of specs, Not really sure on how to dig up more.

Someone tell me what I need to improve to have a decent/good gaming computer.

Windows XP
Pentium 4 @ 2800 GHZ
1024 MB of Memory
160 GB Hard Drive
1.00GB of RAM
Radeon X300 SE 128MB Hypermemory

If you need more tell me how to get it and I'll place it here.

Relevancy 68.37%
Q: 7 specs

How low can they go? Will it run on this pc:

Athlon XP 3200+ (I think, might be 2600 or 2800+)
1.5GB DDR
some ATI video card in AGP, not powerful at all compared to now standards.
100GB hdd 5200RPM

I know 7 will run well on netbooks, how well will it run on this? I'd like to replace the existing bunged up install soon and 7 seems like a good candidate.

Thanks ^_^

Relevancy 68.37%

PC100, 133, 266, 600, 800, 1600, 2100, 2700...DDR, SDRAM, RDRAM, DIMM, SIMM, RIMM, Rambus, ECC, buffered?

It seems like every company has a different way of specifying RAM. Can any one help me understand the popular types? Which are compatible or may be different names for the same type?

Thank you,
rich

A:RAM Specs...What do they all mean??

Too lazy ( or drunk ) to type it .. instead follow this links
http://www.tomshardware.com/mainboard/98q4/981024/index.html
and
http://anandtech.com/showdoc.html?i=113&p=8
and
http://anandtech.com/showdoc.html?i=113&p=1
HTH

Now back to drinking

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ram-specs-what-do-they-all-mean.79511/
Relevancy 68.37%
Q: specs?

het could some of you people at the tsg post your specs in here, i justr want to see how my specs stand up again other people eg if my computer is fairly good

Relevancy 68.37%

OS Version: Microsoft(R) Windows(R) XP Professional x64 Edition, Service Pack 2, 64 bit
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) II X3 435 Processor, AMD64 Family 16 Model 5 Stepping 2
Processor Count: 3
2.9 GHZ
RAM: 4095 Mb
Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series, 1024 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 1430789 MB, Free - 1304949 MB;
Motherboard: ASRock, N68-S UCC, ,
Antivirus: COMODO Antivirus, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

just wanted to know if this was good enough to run the game

A:GTA 4 Specs

Use a website called http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/ copy that and find the game will tell you exactly if your hitting minimum/recommended or maxing out.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gta-4-specs.1002415/
Relevancy 68.37%

How do I see what kind of PSU I have?

I'm a moron, but I'm anappreciative one.

Thanks.

A:What are my PSU specs?

I am assuming that this is a desktop. Just open the side of your PC and on the label of your PSU will be the watage rating and sometimes that ampage rating.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-are-my-psu-specs.1034616/
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi... Im helping a friend with his puter and he wants to install a second HDD in his Gateway P4 machine running XP Home. I'm a Win98Se guy and I know how to do what I want on my machine but I'd like some input on how to do one thing on his.

How can I determine the specs on his current drive so he can purchase a second drive to match it as close as possible. I know I could open the tower and look at the drive, but I'm asking is there a way to view the info with some built in feature with XP? I could always install AIDA32 to view the info on drives as I do on my system, but he would have no use for the utility after that. Just trying to minimize the procedure.

Thanks... Raybro

Relevancy 68.37%

Im looking at a new machine with the following specs. Dont need a high end gamer but want something that will be ok for mid range stuff/games and keep my young teenagers happy.

Its a P4 2.8 800FSB
Epox 4PGMI i 865ge 800fsb, DDR400, SATA,VGA
Legend 512mb DDR (PC3200)
Hitachi 120G 7.2k 7200rpm 8M cache
ATI Radeon 9200 128MB DDR TV/DVI
BenQ 17" LCD 16ms

Need reliability.

Is the video card ok?

ta as always

Relevancy 68.37%

Hi My buddy is building me a computer and he sent me a list at Could specs please these look someone of the components he is gonna use to make me a desktop I was wondering if someone could look at the list and let me know if I am getting a good deal and how you would rate the computer and if you had any suggestions Motherboard ASUS P GD Could someone look at these specs please P LGA xPCI-E X xPCI-E X GbLan SATA amp IDE Raid CPU Intel P LGA- E w HT RAM OCZ PDC-K x M PC Kit - - - GB Total Video SAPPHIRE Radeon X XT MB PCI-Express x Sound onboard -channel HD audio HDD WD Caviar SE G rpm SATA M HDD Caviar SE G rpm SATA M CD X DVD int IDE Black DVD GSA B X X Dual Layer DVD RW Oem Black Case Scorpio Mid Tower BLUE w o PS PS ATX w P Power Supply So there it is The whole thing after tax will be CND nbsp

A:Could someone look at these specs please

The hardware is top notch, in the states I would charge about the same including labor so yes it's a great deal. One suggestion get as much cooling as you can the P4 Prescott’s get very hot as does the Northbridge, and memory, typical temps in my P4 3.2E are around 50c to 64c and system temps are around 24c to 27c and this is a socket 478 with 5 case fans (3 in 2 out), the LGA's get even hotter. Read more on this here-- http://www.tomshardware.com/cpu/20041114/p4_560-06.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/could-someone-look-at-these-specs-please.306126/
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi & good day What is ram specs for G40-70 model. There is two slots in my laptop so i want to install 2*8Gb, total ram will be 16Gb but i need to know ram speed and specs please to buy . Here is what recorde on the genuine ram :  4G 1Rx8 PC3L-12800S-11-13-B4  Thank You

????????_??????.jpg ?2144 KB

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/G40-70-ram-specs/td-p/3433813
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi

My friend wants to play this game:

http://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/diablo-iii-system-requirements

His current computer is not upto much so he wants to buy a cheap system to play it on. By the looks of it, this system looks upto it, but i'm not sure on graphics provision. Can someone take a look and see if it is (we're gonna put another 1GB of RAM in)?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HP-Compaq...t=UK_Computing_DesktopPCs&hash=item3a73c9c652

If not, can you recommend a video card that I could fit to this system so it can cope with the game?

Thanks for your help...
I.T Girl

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/specs-help-please.1051805/
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi all,

I'm new to Techspot so thought i would give this a try!! Just bought some new parts for my system to upgrade it to the new spec as below -

Windows Vista Ultimate
Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 2.13Ghz*
Asus P5W DH Deluxe Mobo*
Radeon X1900XTX 512MB w/ Accelero X2 Cooler
2GB DDR2 5400
250GB Maxtor SATA HD
80GB Maxtor IDE HD

The parts with * next to them are in the post now! I am currently runnign Vista Ultimate with a P4 3.6Ghz on a Asus P5ND2-SLi Mobo.

Can you guys tell me if Vista will run quicker and smoother with the new mobo and CPU and will my games run faster eg. R6 Vegas, GRAW etc??

Any comments will be greatly appreciated as i wanna make sure i've made the right hardware choices. Thanks all.

A:New Rig Specs - Help!!!!

the c2duo you picked processes about 3x faster than you old p4 actually, and the p6w board has great features, I think you'll notice a world of a difference with the new items, As a c2duo and Asus owner myself. I definately noticed a difference when I upgraded. Go for it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-rig-specs-help.74193/
Relevancy 68.37%

Not sure if this is in the right section - mods feel free to relocate!
I want to build a cheap PC and put a DVR card in it. What specs do you think I should have in order to properly run a 4ch DVR card?

I already have the monitor and all that junk.. Im talking the raw specs. do i need more than 1GHz? is 1G RAM enough? I have an 80G hdd that should work .. so what Processor MIN is okay?

thanks!
(sorry x-posted)

Relevancy 68.37%

can any one tell me if the IBM aptiva E26 desktop came with a 1.0 or 1.1 USB port.

A:usb specs

Go into device manager and look at the USB Controllers. If they say "ENHANCED" then you have USB 2.0, if not its 1.1

Storage_man

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-specs.334244/
Relevancy 68.37%

First off, I would also like to know if either one of these could run games like Battlefield, Fallout 4, Battlefront, DayZ, on at least high or ultra settings at 30-60 Fps.

Intel Core i3 - 4130T Dual Core
nVidia GeForce GTX GPU w/2GB GDDR5
4GB DDR3
500GB 7200RPM HDD

- Intel® Core? i3-4160 Processor
- 500GB SATA III HDD
- 4GB DDR3 Memory
- NVIDIA GTX 750 1GB GDDR5
Just to let you guys know these are both steam machine hardware. 459 for the first one and 499 for the second.

A:Which one of these PC specs are better?

Can you link us to both systems? Also, what is your budget?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/which-one-of-these-pc-specs-are-better.216780/
Relevancy 67.51%

Hi,

I plan on upgrading some specs on my PC because games like EU4, recent TotalWar games, Rise of Venice and other recent games don't run well, some are almost unplayable unless I get my monitor resolution down, and that is annoying. I especially want to play Rome 2 Total War and EU4 a lot. It would really help me if you guys could check my PC specs and tell me what you think about it, what is good and what is not etc. Then maybe tell me a good way to improve it? Thank you!

So here it is :

- I have a 1920 x 1080 Monitor
- I have 9 GB of installed RAM
- I have an Intel core i7 CPU 2.67 GHZ
- And a GeForce GT 220 graphics card

If you need other specs tell me.

Relevancy 67.51%

I have printed out my system information. Can anyone help me break it down for my system specs in my profile? I am a CIS student and I am still trying to figure out what specs my PC has. I am interested in figuring out how to determine what kind of hardware I have (memory, graphics cards, etc) and how I can upgrade to make it better.

I am also interested in trying to do a backup to an external hard drive. I've never done this before.

Thanks in advance!!

A:Help determining specs?

Here's my system information.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/65174-help-determining-specs.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Okay so right now a game I want to play is coming out in a few days, but I'm concerned about the overall performance of my laptop. I would like a enjoy a near-no lag game play to get the best of the experience.

The games specs are:

Minimum Requirements:
CPU: 1.4 GHz Pentium 3
RAM: 512 MB Free
HDD: 3 GB Free
Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce 5200 or better

Recommended Specifications:
CPU: 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo
RAM: 1024 MB (1GB) Free
HDD: 3 GB Free
Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce 6600+

My Computer is:
CPU: Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU T4400 @ 2.20GHz
RAM: 4GB
HDD: 60+ GB free
Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family

As you can see I have a sufficient OS, CPU, RAM, HDD, its just the graphics card that isn't up to specs. Would this render me incapable of playing or lagging alot?

Relevancy 67.51%

Does The Computer Specs button work to put it in, because for me it doesnt

Relevancy 67.51%

Hello
I am looking to buy a laptop to use for photoshop, movie watching and internet surfing, can you please help me by recommending what sort of specs i should look for in a laptop based on my usage requirments.
Thanks

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/what-sort-specs-am-i-looking-4599622/
Relevancy 67.51%

Hi I play counter strike source, my fps on the game hasnt always been great so i decided to start upgrading from:
-Basic asrock mobo (doesnt support dual core nor pci-e)
-Pentium 4 3GHz cpu
-1gig ddr memory
-420w psu
-7300GT 256mb AGP gfx card

I've got all new specs since apart from my pent 4 which im going to have make do with for now.
New specs:
-Gigabyte P31-SD3L mobo
-2gig ddr2 OCZ memory
-600w ez cool psu
-8600GTS 256mb DDR3 pci-e gfx card

Its all working once i put it together and with all the same settings as before its giving me even worse fps than my old specs when these are alot better.
I know the game is cpu-based but still this should gain me more fps and its not doing, all drivers are up to date iv tried loads, any suggestions, please. thanks.

A:New specs not working well

What is the RAM speed, old and new?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-specs-not-working-well.107436/
Relevancy 67.51%

Hi All,

I was just on the Intel site looking at the i7-950 CPU i have already ordered and in its memory specs, it says 800/1066. What does this mean to someone like me who has ordered ddr3-1333 conforming to the MB specs?

I wasn't aware to look at the CPU memory support, does this mean with this CPU, I must use 1066 ddr3 or will 1333 be OK?

From Intel, Specs for memory for i7-950:

Attachment 95866

What does this mean??? Do I need to go with 1066 in order to achieve triple channel?

Thnx in advance,

A:i7-950 ddr3 ram specs, ...Please Help

It's OK, although your system may not default to DDR3 1333. Manually adjusting the RAM settings in the Bios should get you there. What motherboard are you considering?

I am using DDR3 1600 with my I7-920, although I've had to adjust the BIOS settings to get it to play properly. Intel doesn't officially support six DDR3 1600 with its X58 chipset and I& CPUs, but I got it to work by backing off the timings a little.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/109511-i7-950-ddr3-ram-specs-please-help.html
Relevancy 67.51%

I am sorry if this is the wrong sub forum but it seems like the best choice to post my question.

I am getting my new laptop tomorrow and was wondering if my specs were any good.
Also will it be ok for gaming e.g modern warfare 2/ WoW.
Model: Msi
Processor:AMD TURION 2 ULTRA DUAL CORE M300 (2.00GMZ)
RAM: 4GB DDR2
HARD DRIVE: 500GB SATA
GRAPHICS: ATI RADEON HD 4200 (256MB)
CD/ DVD DRIVE: DVD & CD READ/WRITE WITH BLU-RAY PLAYBACK
SYSTEM:WINDOWS 7 PREMIUM
Additional features: Multi-card reader, 3 x USB e-SATA port, HDMI, Bluetooth, Numeric keypad, 2.5kg weight.

A:Are my specs good?

yes they are good they are way better than my laptop and my desktop computer the only thing is your graphics card you might consider upgrading but it all does depend on what you want to use your computer for.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/99891-my-specs-good.html
Relevancy 67.51%

In the specs the USB  is stated as USB 3.0 Type C only.1) Does any of the USB ports include USB 3.1,  (i.e. 10 Gb data rate)? 2) Does the USB video out carry 4K ?Some specs include SD card reader, some don't. Cannot see one in the pictures of the device. Is it included?If ordered from Lenovo Com Net Store, can you choose the keyboard language as well?Is the quarantee internationalThanks

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Yoga-910-Specs/td-p/3438177
Relevancy 67.51%

Hey,

I am Craigslisting my brandnew pavillion 9000 which I paid 3,400 dollars for. I have the following problems

1. I did not get any lit. with the computer because it was a floor model

2) I lost the power cord in a recent move and it is out of power.

3. People at compusa ask like I am crazy when I call them and ask for the specs

4. These models start at 900 bucks, and I (and my customers) can't find one at the HP site or the compusa site for more than 2,200. That means this one is fully loaded, but I don't know exactly what it is loaded with cuz I can't get the ding-dong specs. Help please!

Relevancy 67.51%

My nephew has a genuine Student edition of Windows 7 32-bit. He now wants the 64-bit version. Do we need to buy it all over again or can we download it using the product key we have?

Relevancy 67.51%

My specs are:
Processor: AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3700+ 2.20 GHz
RAM: 1022 MB
Direct X 10
Vista Home Premium 32 bit
NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT

-------------------------------------------
Crysis Specs
Minimum Specs:

* CPU: AMD Athlon 64 3000+/Intel Pentium 4 2.8GHz;
* GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 6600 / ATI Radeon X800GTO (SM 2.0);
* RAM: 768MB/1GB on Windows Vista;
* HDD: 6GB;
* Internet: 256k+;
* Optical Drive: DVD;
* Software: DirectX 9.0c with Windows XP.

Recommended Specs:

* CPU: Dual-core processor (Athlon X2/Pentium D/Core 2 Duo);
* GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 7800 GTX / ATI Radeon X1800XT (SM3.0) or DirectX10
* RAM: 1.5GB;
* HDD: 6GB;
* Internet: 512k+ (128k+ upstream);
* Optical Drive: DVD;
* Software: DirectX 10 with Windows Vista
---------------------------------------------------------------
What do I need to meet the requirements?

A:Crysis Specs & Help

I don't know were you got those specs, but there WRONG! What rez? Rez makes a HUGE diffrence I only run my games at 1024x768 I see no point in going any higher unless you have a big Monitor.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/crysis-specs-help.600175/
Relevancy 67.51%

im planning to build a windows 2008 server cpu to handle these tasks

primary domain controller
active directory
file server

what would be a good spec but not to costy thanks.

A:server specs

From a processing performance standpoint, none of those tasks require hardly any power whatsoever. Within Active Directory, there really isn't a concept of a Primary and a Backup domain controller anymore. They are simply just domain controllers.

There is no need for more than about 2GB of RAM for the setup that you mention. The biggest area to concern yourself with is high speed hard drives and sufficient capacity. Obviously the amount of data you will store and how many employees you have have accessing it will be the determining factors.

You might even consider making the domain controller a virtual machine. This way backups and the like are super easy and you can quickly restore or snap back if something isn't planned right at the start.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/140197-server-specs.html
Relevancy 67.51%

im looking to upgrade my PC to play WoW on max or ultra settings with the release of the next expansion also would like to play the Diablo exp at max settings as well as have the option to play other high end pc games although as im primarily a ps gamer that isnt as important ill post my specs i pulled from my dxdiag below and i believe my power supply is a w i just would like to know what card i can get that would work with my power supply that can run those games at max settings and at least maintain a - fps at the question WoW specs x resolution that im used to if any and if not the cheapest combination of powersupply video card that will do the trick thanks in advance ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report Machine name TYLER-PC Operating System Windows Home Premium -bit Build Service Pack win sp gdr - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd System Model H M-S V BIOS Award Modular BIOS v PG Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU GHz CPUs GHz Memory MB WoW specs question RAM Available OS Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DirectX DX Setup Parameters Not found User DPI Setting Using System DPI System DPI Setting DPI percent DWM DPI Scaling Disabled DxDiag Version bit Unicode --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name ATI Radeon HD Manufacturer Advanced Micro Devices Inc Chip type AMD Radeon Graphics Processor x F DAC type Internal DAC MHz Device Key Enum PCI VEN amp DEV F amp SUBSYS amp REV Display Memory MB Dedicated Memory MB Shared Memory MB Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor Name AOC Monitor Model Monitor Id AOC Native Mode x p Hz Output Type HD Driver Name aticfx dll aticfx dll aticfx dll aticfx aticfx aticfx atiumd dll atidxx dll atidxx dll atiumdag atidxx atidxx atiumdva atiumd a cap atitmm dll Driver File Version English Driver Version DDI Version Driver Model WDDM Driver Attributes Final Retail D D Overlay Not Supported DXVA-HD Not Supported DDraw Status Enabled D D Status Enabled AGP Status Enabled --------------- EVR Power Information --------------- Current Setting C A -A C - F-B WoW specs question A - D BECAFDC Quality Quality Flags Enabled Force throttling Allow half deinterlace Allow scaling Decode Power Usage Balanced Flags Enabled Force throttling Allow batching Force half deinterlace Force scaling Decode Power Usage PowerFlags Enabled Force throttling Allow batching Force half deinterlace Force scaling Decode Power Usage nbsp

A:WoW specs question

Welcome to TSG!

While I can't say for sure on all the questions I'll just toss out your going to want more than 4 gigs of RAM as well.
Probably 8 gigs minimum. 400W is going to be low for an "ultra" type card. Think they are recommending like 750W+ now for decent high end gaming.

Also can't say for sure but an i3 cpu may not be best for games... I only mention it because basic game systems tend to start with i5's and the upper ones use i7's.

I know WoW specs took a jump with Cata, I went form Ultra to a bit under Ultra. I haven't seen the details on the next expansion but I have seen some of the new character models. They look nice, so it's going to tax a system.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wow-specs-question.1121588/
Relevancy 67.51%

Ok, I am a novice when it comes to hardware. I am looking for a something to Boost my gaming to the point where The Elder scrolls: Oblivion would run fine on my system. Right now everything is factory. So I am wondering what I need to increase my capabilities to that point, Which I stated earlier. I am willing to spend 150$ right now for upgrades, and need to know what I would need for the job. I wrote down my specs when I joined. I dont know if you can see them,but if you need them I will be happy to post them. I am thinking I need a very nice video card and more ram. But how much ram and what video card? And maybe a price on how much I would have to spend. I am taking all recommendations. In advance I appreciate the help and advice.

Thanks.

A:Gaming Specs

I cannot find any information or pics of your system at the instance, so I cannot say anything definite.
These two should be good for you: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139008 + http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161287
The 4670 will in a few weeks be replaced by 5650, which will perform the same or better, cost a little less and produce less heat, consume less power and have DirectX11 capability (which you don't need/can't even use for Oblivion, but it'll be good to have).
More RAM would help, too, but I really can't know what kind as I can't find any info on things. Please post back in this thread soon so that I get an subscription update and won't forget to get further into this when I have a bit more time.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gaming-specs.856729/
Relevancy 67.51%

Hello I have attempted several times now to install Win on a secondary partition on my main drive and it gets to quot setup is System Specs 8.1.1 My And Win starting quot and sits there I have use of the mouse but the little circle that would normally spin My System Specs And Win 8.1.1 isn't spinning but it will move if i move the mouse I have given up to minutes for windows to get past the quot setup is starting quot screen and take me to the next stage Any thoughts and or ideas would be greatly appreciated Hi-lited drive is my main drive Summary Operating System Windows Ultimate -bit SP CPU Intel Core Duo E GHz RAM GB Dual-Channel DDR MHz - - - Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer INC Maximus Formula LGA Network Marvell E PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Controllers Graphics HP W d My System Specs And Win 8.1.1 x Hz MB NVIDIA GeForce GTS NVIDIA Audio Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio PCI Express Card Mouse Microsoft Keyboard Logitech V Storage GB Seagate ST AS ATA Device SATA GB Seagate ST AS ATA Device SATA GB Western Digital WDC WD GLFS- F U ATA Device SATA GB Western Digital WDC WD EARS- Y B ATA Device SATA GB Seagate ST AS ATA Device SATA GB Seagate ST AS USB Device USB Optical Drives TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-S Q ATA Device Eaton USB Port PCI Express Rxtensible Host Controller

A:My System Specs And Win 8.1.1

Probably the ISO file you downloaded was corrupted or the DVD is damaged and it cannot read properly, because it seems you can run Windows 8.1 Update just fine and the installation should be smooth. My thought is that maybe you cannot get past that screen because of those issues!

Hope this helps!

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/47251-my-system-specs-win-8-1-1-a.html
Relevancy 67.51%

hey everyone am buying gameing a pc today via a custom build http www cougar-extreme co uk it seems to be the cheapest place ive found online ive got - ive came up with this below if you ca make a better version for same or better price on this website or one you use please could you do this thanks alot gt Intel need prices help Specs PC Core i k Quad Core M Cache GHz gt GB DDR Corsair single module x need help PC Specs prices gt ASROCK Z PRO - Z chipset - x DDR - Gig Lan - SATA amp - USB amp gt GB SATA Hard Drive SATA gt No Secondary Hard Drive gt DVD - RW - X Samsung SATA gt ATI HD MB PCI Express DDR DVI gt CiT Vantage Black Midi Gaming Case HD Audio Black Interior Fans Card Reader No PSU gt CiT W Black Edition PSU gt Arctic Cooling Freezer Pro Rev CPU Cooler gt Integrated Sound Card gt No Speakers gt Inch Cougar Extreme Wide Screen TFT gt BCL Keypad and mini-optical mouse kit gt Windows Home premium bit gt No Additional Software nbsp

A:need help PC Specs prices

I think that you can compare prices on different sites as well as anyone else can.

This isn't NexTag or the Shopping Channel.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-pc-specs-prices.1041461/
Relevancy 67.51%

Hi, I'm basically asking if my PC stacks up to play the monster game, Oblivion.

AMD64 Athlon Processor at 3000+, around 1.99 GHz
ATI Radeon Xpress 200 at 128 MB
384 MB of RAM

Now, tomorrow I am getting a stick of 512 MB RAM, which should put my RAM around 900 ish? That should help, but what I'm really concerned with is my graphics card. I've done some research, and I've looked on other forums/places that say my card won't live up to it. Well, I had just downloaded and installed the latest Catalyst drivers for it, shouldn't that be able to help some? Because I am thinking of getting Oblivion along with my RAM stick when I go tomorrow. I'm on a tight financial budget, and I don't think I can really afford much than the stick and Oblivion, so if anyone could help me, it would be really appreiciated. Thanks.

Relevancy 67.51%

Someone has posted these specs on a laptop he has for sale:

Dell Inspiron 5160, Pentium 4, CPU 3.06 GHz, 1.83 GHz, 512 MB of RAM

What does he mean by "CPU 3.06 GHz, 1.83 GHz"

Is it 3.06 GHz or 1.83 GHz? Which is it?

Relevancy 67.51%

CPU Quad-Core Intel Core Quad specs? pc these good Are Q GHz FSB MB L Cache -bit CD Are these good pc specs? LG X Double Layer DVD -RW Super Are these good pc specs? Allwrite Lightscribe Technology Black Color CD NONE CABLE None FLASHMEDIA INTERNAL in Flash Media Reader Writer BLACK COLOR FA HDD None FAN INTEL LGA CERTIFIED CPU FAN amp HEATSINK FREEBIE RM None FREEBIE VC FREE Age of Conan Game FLOPPY NONE FREEBIE OS None HDD Single Hard Drive GB SATA-II Gb s MB Cache RPM HDD HDD NONE IEEE CARD NONE KEYBOARD PS MULTIMEDIA INTERNET CONTROL KEYBOARD BLACK COLOR MOUSE NONE - MODEM NONE MONITOR NONE MONITOR NONE MOTHERBOARD off Mail-in Rebate MSI P N SLI-FI i SLI Chipset LGA Supports LGA FSB DDR Mainboard w GbLAN USB amp Audio MEMORY Req DDR MainBoard GB x GB PC DDR Dual Channel Memory Corsair or Major Brand NETWORK ONBOARD NETWORK CARD OS Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic w Service Pack -bit Edition PRINTER None PRINTER CABLE None PRO WIRING Professional Wiring for All WIRINGs Inside The System Chasis with High Performance Thermal Compound on CPU POWERSUPPLY Watts Power Supplies off Mail-in Rebate Sigma Shark SP- W PSU - SLI Ready RUSH NO READY TO SHIP IN BUSINESS DAYS SERVICE STANDARD WARRANTY -YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY PLUS LIFE-TIME TECHNICAL SUPPORT SOUND D WAVE ON-BOARD SOUND CARD SPEAKERS NONE - TEMP NONE AS SHOWN TVRC None USB Built-in USB Ports USBHD NONE VIDEOCAMERA NONE VIDEO NVIDIA GeForce GTX MB X PCI Express Major Brand Powered by NVIDIA Will these be enough to run games like age of conan fallout and city of heroes nbsp

Relevancy 67.51%

Dear All lenovo men I need to know the exact full specs of this laptop ??specially about processor and graphic card and also its price in middle east ??I searched all the internet to find exact specs and i found some general information which didnot saticfy me.and i want to know about its warranty. It is bought from saudi arabia and his owner try to sell it to me here in egypt so deos its waranty going in egypt ???Here is  the label down the laptop ?   Thanks & Best Regards,

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/I-need-to-know-laptop-specs/td-p/3430799
Relevancy 67.51%

I apologize in advance if this is in the wrong topic.

I want to record and edit in HD using a Hauppauge HD PVR for my xbox 360. However, I know my current cpu won't cut it from what I've read.
Since I need to get a new tower anyways, can anyone tell me what the specs i.e. ram, harddrive memory, graphics card, all that good stuff, are for rendering/editing/uploading videos? I will most likely get a tower.
Also, I will be using my HD tv for the monitor, so will that be sufficient for this process?

Thanks in advance

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/specs-for-hd-recording.920515/
Relevancy 67.51%

Specs came out.. I think, anyway somewhere I read recommended is GTX280 is that better or worse then my ATI 5870?

Just look at my system, tell me what needs to be upgrade to run Crysis 2 at 50+ fps.. like I did the first 2 games

A:Crysis 2 Specs

I cant find any specs for Crysis 2 at all. Only links that came up said that there was am intimation that it would be lower than Crysis, although whether this refers to actual spec, or as a relative level, was unclear.

As for the card, a 5870 will roast through it. My clan have pretty much every card out, and benchmarks suggest that a 5870 is better than a 280.

as for upgrades, pointless right now. Wait till it comes out, see how it plays, then see if it needs anything.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/crysis-2-specs.915516/
Relevancy 67.51%

hi i have a gateway with these specs Code EVEREST Home Edition - Lavalys Inc -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Version EVEREST v Homepage http www lavalys com Report Type Report Wizard Computer ADMIN-PC Generator admin Operating System Microsoft Windows Vista Media Center Edition WinVista Beta Date specs checking - - Time checking specs Summary -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Computer Operating System Microsoft Windows Vista Media checking specs Center Edition OS Service Pack - DirectX DirectX c Computer Name ADMIN-PC User Name admin Motherboard CPU checking specs Type Intel Pentium MHz x Motherboard Name Intel Pendleton D PT PCI AGP DIMM Audio Motherboard Chipset Intel Brookdale i D System Memory MB DDR SDRAM BIOS Type AMI Communication Port Communications Port COM Communication Port ECP Printer Port LPT Display Video Adapter RADEON Family Microsoft Corporation - XDDM MB D Accelerator ATI Rage R Monitor Gateway FPD quot LCD LIC B Multimedia Audio Adapter Creative SB Live Value CT Sound Card Storage IDE Controller Intel R BA Ultra ATA Storage Controller - B SCSI RAID Controller Microsoft iSCSI Initiator Floppy Drive Floppy disk drive Disk Drive MAXTOR L J ATA Device GB RPM Ultra-ATA Optical Drive HL-DT-ST DVD-ROM GDR B ATA Device x x DVD-ROM Optical Drive LITE-ON LTR- B ATA Device x x x CD-RW SMART Hard Disks Status OK Partitions C NTFS MB MB free Input Keyboard Standard -Key or Microsoft Natural PS Keyboard Mouse HID-compliant mouse Mouse Microsoft PS Mouse Network Network Adapter Atheros Wireless Network Adapter Network Adapter Intel R PRO VE Network Connection Modem BCM K Voicemodem Peripherals Printer Fax Printer Microsoft XPS Document Writer USB Controller Intel BA ICH - USB Controller B- USB Controller Intel BA ICH - USB Controller B- USB Device Generic USB Hub USB Device USB Human Interface Device Debug - PCI -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- B D F Intel MP Memory Controller Hub B- Offset A Offset F Offset Offset E Offset Offset Offset Offset Offset D Offset A Offset A F Offset B Offset C Offset D E B AF B Offset E A Offset F FC F B D F Intel MP AGP Controller B- Offset A A Offset C C A Offset FF FF E F Offset A Offset Offset FF AF F F Offset Offset Offset Offset Offset A Offset B Offset C Offset D Offset E Offset F B D E F Intel BA I O Controller Hub ICH B- Offset E Offset D D Offset FF FF A F A F Offset Offset Offset Offset Offset Offset C Offset Offset A Offset B C Offset C Offset D Offset E Offset F F B D F F Intel BA ICH - LPC Bridge B- Offset F Offset Offset Offset Offset Offset Offset B A D B B B Offset Offset Offset FF FC Offset A Offset B Offset C Offset D F Offset E C F Offset F F B D F F Intel BA ICH - ATA- IDE Controller B- Offset B Offset Offset A FF B D Offset Offset A E B D Offset Offset Offset Offset Offset Offset A Offset B Offset C Offset D Offset E Offset F F B D F F Intel BA ICH - USB Controller B- Offset C Offset Offset EF B D Offset Offset Offset Offset Offset Offset Offset Offset A Offset B Offset C Offset D Offset E Offset F F B D F F Intel BA ICH - SMBus Controller B- Offset C Offset Offset A EF B D Offset A Offset Offset Offset Offset Offset Offset Offset A Offset B Offset C Offset D Offset E Offset F F B D F F Intel BA ICH - USB Controller B- Offset C Offset Offset EF B D Offset Offset Offset Offset Offset Offset Offset Offset A Offset B Offset C Offset D Offset E Offset F F B D F ATI Radeon DDR Video Adapter Offset B FF Offset E C FF Offset A Offset Offset A Offset F Offset F Offset Offset Offset Offset A Offset B Offset C Offset D Offset E Offset F B D F Intel PRO VE Network Connection Offset Offset F F FF C DC Offset Offset DC Offset Offset Offset Offset Offset Offset Offset A Offset B Offset C Offset D FE Offset E A Offset F B D F Atheros g Wireless Adapter Offset C A Offset E FF Offset Offset A C Offset C Offset Offset Offset Offset Offset Offset A... Read more

A:checking specs

I cannot really see anything in the links you have given, but I take it you are changing you PC case and nothing else?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/checking-specs.513907/
Relevancy 67.51%

Okay guys I'm thinking about building a new machine since my Duron 1000 gets too slow for some stuff...

I'm not that rich cuz I'm still sudying (last year though), so I would have at most 550 / 600 ? budget for it.

I thought about buying this stuff :

121 ? - mainboard abit NF7-S
117 ? - cpu amd XP 2200
79 ? - mem ddr-2100 512mb Kingston
156 ? - Asus Geforce-4 V9180 MX440 VideoSuite 64mb 2xDVDI/2XVGA/tv out /video-in AGP8X
29 ? - Taisol CGK760172/CGK760098 cooler
44 ? - 350W PSU + Case (crap)

= Total ~550 ?

I don't mind bying a new HDD / CD burner / Kbd / Mouse, because I already have enough of this stuff now

What do you guys think about this kind of config ?

Note that I'll be moving from a Duron 1000 / ECS K7S5A Mobo / 256 DDR 2100 / GF2 MX/400 64MB DDR...

A:New machine specs ???

Hmm...get a quality PSU like Enermax if you can afford to shelf a little bit more(less headaches durin future upgrades). Hmm....are you going to keep your current pc? Hmm...Geforce 4 MX440, why not try something ATI like the RADEON series?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-machine-specs.4860/
Relevancy 67.51%

Very High Performance P Intel Pentium FSB Motherboard Model BOXD PERLK - RETAIL Specifications CPU Supports Intel Pentium processor with a MHz mPGA -pin Supports Hyper-threading Chipset Intel PE IDE x IDE RAM Double Data Rate DDR support Slots x AGP X and x PCI Ports xPS x USB Firewire see pics Onboard SATA Onboard LAN Gigabit Intregrated Onboard Audio Intergrated Channel Audio Intel Pentium CGHz k socket Hyper Threading Technology MHz FSB - RETAIL Specifications CPU GHz Type Pentium Northwood Cache K BUS Mhz Socket Retail box with Heatsink and Fan -year MFG Warranty VANTEC AeroFlow VP -C For Intel P Retail Vantec Vertical Aluminum Fins with Copper Core Heat sink T Comp What Think? You Specs M D fan and triple clip for secure instalation Specifications Supported Socket type Material Aluminum with copper Fan Comp Specs What You Think? Speed RPM Air Flow CFM Bearing type T M D Dimensions x x mm Life Cycle Hrs Comes with thermal Compound WD WESTERN DIGITAL quot SPECIAL EDITION quot GB RPM MB EIDE HARD DRIVE MODEL WD JB - OEM DRIVE ONLY Specifications Size Gigabytes Interface IDE ULTRA ATA Seek time ms RPM Cache MB OEM Drive alone Year Manufacturer Warranty CORSAIR MEMORY XMS Extreme Memory Speed Series Low Latency Twin Pack GB x MB x MX PC- LL With Black Heat Spreader Retail QTY Specifications Speed MHz Organization x M x CAS Latency - - - -T Memory type DDR Part number TWINX - LL Samsung CDRW x x Combo x DVD Black mb Cache Model SM- BENB - OEM Specifications Interface EIDE Data Transfer Rate Read CD X KB sec Read DVD X KB sec Record CD X KB sec Rewrite CD X KB sec Buffer Memory OEM Pack MB Burst Transfer Rate PIO Mode MB sec UDMA Mode MB sec Average Access Time DVD ms CD ms Adopting Superlink Buffer Under Run Proof Technology OEM Pack BLACK PANASONIC MB DENSITY FLOPPY DISK DRIVE MODEL JU- A- P - OEM DRIVE ONLY Specifications mm inch height High reliability with aluminium diecast base Long life with direct drive spindle motor OEM Drive only BLACK Bezel - One Year Warranty ATI OEM SAPPHIRE RADEON PRO MB DVI TV X AGP OEM Specifications Chipset ATI RADEON PRO Memory MB DDR RAM Bus AGP X -bit memory interface First to fully support DirectX and the latest OpenGL functionality New SMARTSHADER technology allows users to experience complex movie-quality effects in next-generation D games and applications -bit floating-point color precision allows for a greater range of colors and brightness Ports VGA DVI S-Video Ideal High Performance Athlon XP Asus Motherboard for AMD Athlon XP Duron Processors Model A N X Deluxe Retail Socket A AMD Athlon XP Duron support AMD XP quot Barton quot Chipset NVIDIA nForce SPP nForce MCP-T FSB MHz IDE x ATA RAM x -pin DIMM Sockets PC PC PC non-ECC DDR Slots x AGP Pro X x PCI Ports x USB Onboard Silicon Image Sil A Controller w ports NVIDIA SoundStorm Audio Processor Unit with Dolby MCP integrated Com MAC Broadcom AC L PHY LAN Firewire Ports MCP-T integrated IEEE a Realtek PHY AMD ATHLON XP quot Barton quot MHz FSB PROCESSOR CPU- RETAIL Specifications CPU GHz Type XP Barton Core Cache K L BUS MHz Socket A RETAIL Included Heatsink and fan Seagate GB rpm SATA Hard Drive Barracuda ST AS - OEM Specifications Size Gigabytes Interface Serial ATA Seek time ms RPM Data Transfer MB sec Cache MB OEM See pic Year Manufacturer Warranty Requires additional Power adapter VANTEC s STEALTH SF L x x mm x x quot Fan -Ballbearing DC V W Amp RPM CFM -pin with -pin adaptor Thermalright SLK- -U Heatsink ONLY All Copper heat spread AMD Athlon XP Palamino Thoroughbred and Barton and up Intel Pentium- socket- GHz and above Dimension L x W x H mm - Top without fan L x W x H mm - Bottom without fan Retail CORSAIR MEMORY XMS Extreme Memory Speed Series Low Latency Twin Pack GB x MB x MX PC- LL With Black Heat Spreader Retail Specifications Speed MHz Organization x M x Memory type DDR Sapphire ATI RADEON Atlantis PRO MB DDR DVI TV-out CRT AGP BULK Specifications Chipset RADEON Pro Visual processing unit VPU Memory MB DDR -bit memory Eigh... Read more

A:Comp Specs What You Think?

>Also, do you think that 430W PSU will work for supporting my crazy ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 256MB, motherboard, processor, crazy CPU fan, crazy memory, etc?

No, not that particular 430W PSU. I definately would not recommend it, unless of course you want your PSU to blow up one day. I suggest a Enermax PSU. You could probably even get by easily with a 350w Enermax PSU. I use one myself and have had no problems whatsoever. I'm not sure about the power requirements of the 9800 pro compared to the 9700 pro but I'm sure its not THAT much of a difference.

Although as far as the rest of the components your planning on putting in this system(s) I would say go for a Enermax 430w to be safe. Better safe than sorry.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/comp-specs-what-you-think.6017/
Relevancy 67.51%

Hello all,

Somewhere about the time of the demise of 1998 I stopped being able to keep up with the specs of CPU's. I mean, mentally wise. It just got to be to much!

With that said, my laptop is a 2 year old HP Turion 64 X2 1.80GHZ with 2GB ram running Windows 7.

I am wanting to know if that is more then the minimum specs to run Modern Warfare 2.

The specs for it are as follows:

# Processor: Intel Pentium 4 3.2 GHz or AMD Athlon 64 3200+ processor or better supported
# Memory: 1 GB RAM
# Graphics: 256 MB NVIDIA GeForce 6600GT or better or ATI Radeon 1600XT or better

Now I know if it will it's not going to be great but MW1 ran fine on it.

Thanks
David

Relevancy 67.51%

Any improvement suggestions?

A:System Specs for Win 7

You do just this and you will be in good shape. Others will come along with ideas, but with 7, this is all you need
Optimize Windows 7

Memory can use 3 more GB. and refrigerator is not too good. Might want to get fresh buns too

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/95723-system-specs-win-7-a.html
Relevancy 67.51%

I just got a GTX 260 and noticed the min requirements for the 12v rail is 36A.
However i have a power supply that has one 12v rail @ 24A

My question is, how will this effect my computer? is there leeway regarding the 12v requirement or do i need a better power supply? If i do, what do you all recommend?

Thanks

A:Can I run a GTX 260 at less than the minimum 12v specs?

You can, but it is not guaranteed to be stable and you are prone to getting frequent BSODs and restarts. Eventually the PSU will get overloaded to the point where it will blow its fuse, effectively needing you to get a new supply. In some lower-quality supplies the fuse may not blow fast enough, sending a current surge through your expensive hardware, likely damaging or killing it.

The power recommendations are there for a reason. Don't put your entire system in jeopardy by cheaping out on the PSU.

As for a recommendation, Corsair's 550VX and 650TX can be had for around the same price after rebate and are excellent choices to go for. Ditto with the Antec Neo 650W.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-i-run-a-gtx-260-at-less-than-the-minimum-12v-specs.116553/
Relevancy 67.51%

I recently bought a new laptop, and although I am not upgrading it now, I would like to eventully get a RAM upgrade for it.

However, I don't know the bus speed of my current ram, and I definatly don't want to buy ram of a slower speed?

Is there a free program you know of that can generate this information?

A:Finding RAM specs

CPU-Z...

http://www.cpuid.com/cpuz.php

That's free and will give you most of your system specs.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/finding-ram-specs.537837/
Relevancy 67.51%

hey these are the specs for the computer i customized at ibuypower com ive heard a few bad things about them but reseller com for Specs Computer WoW had good things to say about them anyways is this computer worth the Computer Specs for WoW ill be spending about will be towards the things in green at the bottom All i want is a computer that will be able to play wow good without a lot of bull choppiness and all that i dont want to play on max settings but at least med will this computer accomplish this i Computer Specs for WoW really dont want to piss away another bucks on a worthless compouter ADVICE PLEASE thanks in advance my Budget is about Special-B Case PSI ArmorX Gaming Tower Case - Red Processor AMD Athlon II X Dual-Core CPU site says GHz Motherboard Asus M A -CM -- AMD V SB Chipset w Integrated ATI video -channels Gb LAN S-ATA Raid USB Single PCI-E MB Memory GB GB X DDR - PC Memory Module - Corsair-Value or Major Brand Video Card NVIDIA GeForce GTS GB - Single Card Case Lighting Cold Cathode Neon Light - Red Power Supply Watt -- Power Supply - SLI Ready Processor Cooling Certified CPU Fan and Heatsink Master Hard Drive GB HARD DRIVE - M Cache RPM Gb s Optical Drive X Dual Format Double Layer DVD R RW CD-R RW Drive - Black External Hard Drives USB eSATA None Sound Card D Premium Surround Sound Onboard Speaker System iBUYPOWER Channel Stereo Super Bass Subwoofer Speaker System Network Card Onboard LAN Network Gb or Mouse iBUYPOWER Internet Mouse - Black Operating System None- Pre-formatted Hard Drive Only i have an unopened windows XP OS CD Warranty Standard Warranty Service - Standard -Year Limited Warranty Lifetime Technical Support Flash Media Reader Writer -In- Internal Flash Media Card Reader Writer - Black Advanced Build Options Professional wiring for all cables inside the system tower - Achieve exceptional airflow in your chassis Advanced Build Options iBUYPOWER Specialized Advanced Packaging System - Protect your investment during transportation Advanced Build Options Tuniq TX- High Performance Thermal Compound - The best interface between your CPU and the heatsinks nbsp

A:Computer Specs for WoW

You would think it would have more hard disc drive space.....

Looks good to me. Note that other factors can make the game choppy, like too many people in one area etc.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-specs-for-wow.856000/
Relevancy 67.51%

I am a non geek so the specs I see are in geek language could someone tell me what I need in order to do the following I use to I Need buy Specs Laptop, a want Skype constantly and hate having to plugin a head set unless I am in a public place I travel a lot so lighter is better I might even consider one of the smaller computers as well as bigger laptop that can act more like a desktop I play and make I want to buy a Laptop, Need Specs videos I run lots of software programs simultaneously I like listening ot music while I browse I want my computer to be able to act like my TV and I want to buy a Laptop, Need Specs DVD player Overheating is a big concern So what are the specs I need I think as a manufacturer I am going to look for a Toshiba or ASUS if I am satisfied I can get the Asus serviced I might even consider a MAC although my last MAC was horrible and I had new fans one new battery and one new hard drive before I gave up and used it for nothing but Skype All help appreciated Take care BoomerMary nbsp

A:I want to buy a Laptop, Need Specs

we need to know you max budget and country you are in
a lot of machines come with webcam and mic integrated - so that would solve the skype issue
a lot of the small light machines do NOT have a DVD included - so that means taken more equipment around - there a couple of exceptions, I looked at a toshiba and samsung yesterday - 1.92 Kg
I play and make videos, I run lots of software programs simultaneously,Click to expand...

I would suggest you need a good CPU and a machine with 4GBs of memory
now you will pay a lot more for the CPU _ hence the need to know budget

A lot of machines have HDMI output now -even the cheap range - so that should connect to a HD TV - what connections do you have on the TV

I purchased quite a good machine on Wednesday - HP Q62 series - i3 processor, 4gb memory HDMI for less that £400 in UK (on special offer at Staples)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-want-to-buy-a-laptop-need-specs.942565/
Relevancy 67.51%

Looking at going to a LCD and what wondering what I should be paying attention to in the specs listed for monitors.

Would a Lower MS be better then a higher one. I do game most of the time and needs an idea what to look for.

Thanks

A:Monitor specs

If you're a gamer, a lower MS is much better. You also want to go with a widescreen monitor. Generally a monitor with 5MS or lower is better for gaming.

I have provided a few links of monitors with low MS.

SAMSUNG 941BW Black 19" 4 ms (GTG) Widescreen LCD - Retail
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16824001088

Niko NIKO-1920W Black 19" 2ms DVI Widescreen LCD Monitor - Retail
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16824232007

CHIMEI CMV 946D Silver-Black 19" 2ms DVI Widescreen LCD Monitor - Retail
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16824252011

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-specs.542969/
Relevancy 67.51%

I was getting ready to buy a new video card for an upgrade. The video card is a Sapphire HD Radeon 3850 and its for an AGP slot. My board is an D865GBF motherboard and does support a AGP 8x card (and I think has a revision 3.0)? Any recommendations on what to do would be appreciated.

A:Do I have right specs for this card?

I'm pretty sure that's the newest card you can get in AGP. It's a good card, so as long as it's paired with a decent amount of RAM and a decent processor you should be able to game fairly well.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/do-i-have-right-specs-for-this-card.122877/
Relevancy 67.51%

Hello, well i am new to this website and well i just wanted to ask you guys what u think about my computer specs gaming wise, is it a good computer to play games on for now or do i need to upgrade?

Here are my specs
Dell
Optiplex 330
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E8200 @ 2.66 GHz 2.67 GHz
3061 MB of Ram
32 bit operating system
Windows Vista Home basic

just ask if u need more information... Thanks!

Relevancy 67.51%

Hi,

My pc specs are as below:

Win XP SP3
Asus M/B : P5KPL-VM
Proc: Intel Pentium 4 - 3.4GHZ
Memory : 2GB
Monitor : Smatron 56V
DirectX Version: 9.0c

As per dxdiag report the Display specs are (no graphics card installed):

Intel G33/G31 Express chipset Family
chip type: Intel GMA3100
Approx Total Memory: 256MB
DirectX Features:

DirectDraw Acceleration: Enabled
Direct3D Acceleration: Enabled
AGP Texture Acceleration: Not Available
Also I got a 32 inch Full HD TV.

If I connect my PC output to TV is it possible to play HD movies?

A:Are my pc specs ok to run HD movies

Is that a dual core CPU? or not? I used to run HD content on a Dual Core Opteron 2.2ghz, with a 1gb ddr3 4670, just about. My laptop which is a 2ghz dual core didn't really hack the 1080p stuff so well.

Most programs that you use to play HD content is CPU hungry despite the fact most graphics cards can take on most of the load, as such, it's all down to how powerful your CPU is.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/are-my-pc-specs-ok-to-run-hd-movies.960012/
Relevancy 67.51%

AMD Athlon 64 2800+
512RAM
80GBHDD

is that good?

would that help me with games such as football manager and masses of music files?

thanks reuben x

Relevancy 67.51%

Hi everyone I know there is a similar tread below but not sure if New computer specs i should hijack it so i started this one My question is similar to hers I am wanting to by this computer http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item New computer specs N E Like hers is this good enough to play sims I mean the video card i can change later on but the rest is okay Edit That one is sold out so I am building an HP for less with these specs What do you think Genuine Windows Vista Home Premium with Service Pack -bit Processor Intel R Pentium R Dual-Core processor E GHz Memory GB DDR - MHz SDRAM edit Graphics card MB NVIDIA GeForce DVI HDMI VGA adapter Hard drive GB rpm SATA Gb s hard drive Networking LAN port on system board Base-T no wireless LAN Primary DVD CD drive LightScribe X max DVD -R RW SuperMulti drive Front Productivity Ports -in- memory card reader USB audio TV amp entertainment experience No TV Tuner w remote control Sound Card Integrated channel sound with front audio ports Productivity software Microsoft R Works Security software No additional security software Speakers No speakers Keyboard and Mouse HP keyboard and HP optical mouse nbsp

Relevancy 67.51%

While I'm waiting on my XPS 8900 to ship, I'd like to go ahead and order an SSD for it.
What is the length? From looking at the manual it looks like a 42MM, but I don't see that listed in the specs. Also, is it SATA or PCIe?

A:XPS 8900 M.2 Specs

Here is the recipe that will make your computer one of the fastest in the world (as of today). It works for me, it is fast and stable:-
You need:
1. Dell XPS 8900.
2. Samsung SSD 950 Pro 512GB.
3. Asus Hyper M.2 X4 PCI-E Mini Adapter Card.
3. PCI Slot Case Cooler (optional but recommended).
What I did:-
1. Downloaded the latest Windows 10 from the Microsoft website and build an installation USB-stick, configured for UEFI.
2. Disconnected the Hard Drive that come with the computer.
3. Entered the BIOS system and removed the RAID-configuration between the factory HDD and the on-board 32GB SSD.
4. Installed the Samsung 950 Pro into the Ausus Hyper PCI-e Card.
5. Installed the Asus Hper Card into the PCI-e 4 slot (not the long one on at the end PCI-e x16 but the one closer to the Graphics Card). This will make the Samsung 950 Pro to work on 4 channels with maximum speed as per manufacturers specification. 
6. Installed the cooling fan next to the Asus Card (on the op of the PCI-e x16 slot). This is to extract the extra heat when the Samsung 950 works hard - e.g. graphics, games, calculations.
7. In UEFI mode booted to Windows 10 from the USB-Stick.
8. Installed Windows 10 as usual. Don't need any drivers, Windows 10 will recognize all hardware listed here. You will not be prompted for a serial number from Microsoft. The installation will create 4 partitions on you new Samsung 950 Pro for UEFI purposes.
9. Updated Windows security, driver, Dell drivers from the Dell support website and completed the installation of Windows 10.
10. Attached the conventional HDD that came with Dell (in my case 2 TB SATA). Reformatted it as a normal drive where I store my data, photos and documents.
11. Reformatted the internal 32GB. Pointed my Swap File to that drive so I can reduce significantly the temporary Read/Write processes on my Samsung SSD M.2. This is also to comply with the warranty of Samsung 950 Pro that is 5 years OR 200 TB data transfer, whichever comes first.
12. Ran the optimization of the Samsung Pro via the Magician software.
13. Adjusted my power settings to ensure that the computer shuts down when Idle to save unnecessary traffic to the Drives and save some power.
This job took me about 3 hours.
Now I have the one of the fastest computers in the world fully optimizing the hardware that came from Dell, including the small single channel M.2 SSD. It is fast, secure and fun!
I hope this helps.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19657565
Relevancy 67.51%

I've [stupidly] already pre-ordered this game, The Sims, befor checkin out System Requirements. Well, I Just did and they say the minimum is ...

Windows XP (Service Pack 2)
2.0 GHz P4 processor or equivalent
1 GB RAM
At least 6.5 GB of hard drive space with at least 1 GB additional space for custom content
128 MB Video Card with support for Pixel Shader 2.0
I'm not that good with the techinal side of computers but I've searched and discovered i have ....
Windows XP (Service Pack 3)
Intel Pentium 4 CPU 2.60GHz
1 GB RAM
122 GB Free Space?> 153 GB Total Space
Ati Radeon 128 MB Video Card?> Pixel Shader Support Unknown/not listed [[Radeon 9200 Series]]

Does thiis mean i won't be able to play the game?
Or will i have to buy a new video card/chipset?
Help!! Please. I'm Clueless as to what to do next.
Please can i have some suggestions/directions?

A:Help with Some Game Specs

So try playing the game on your system. Published system specs for games are just for a reference, and not an absolute. If you have trouble playing the game, we can continue from there

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-some-game-specs.120210/
Relevancy 67.51%

Ok, I'm going to buy a new computer and am going to customly make it. Screw Dell and CompUSA and Gateway, etc. This is my 2th computer I will make because I'm a freak .

1) My Case (water cooled): Koolance PC2-601BW

2) Motherboard and Processor: Something good for overclocking and P4 2.6- 3.0Ghz, board must be 13" x 12" or less (case).

3) Power Supply: A good power suppy able to handle a new powerful video card (I read about power failures with new video cards).

4) Video Card! I need tons of help on getting a good video card. There's so much to chose from! I'm a hardcore extreme to the max gamer person. I play all the latest games.

5) Sound Card: I've got a SB Audigy 2 Plat.

6) RAM: 1024DDR fine?

7) Windows Operating System: 98SE/Win2k/XP? I gotta be able to play CS!

A:New Comp Specs

Nice specs! Processor should be fine, have you considered an Athlon processor? The Opteron's should be available shortly!!

Antec and Enermax make good PSUs if you are looking.

I would wait with the video card; there are some good ones on the way, mainly NV35, which I would consider worth waiting for at the moment. Although if you can't wait, the ATi Radeon 9800 PRO is currently the fastest GPU on the market.

What speed RAM are you getting? This is very important! Try to get 1024 DDR PC2700 or more. Any less than this is not worthy of the rest of your components.

And finally, I would recommend Windows XP Pro. Having used all of your listed operating systems, I can say that XP is the most compatible and stable, closely followed by Win2K. A second choice to XP would be Windows 2000 Professional.

I hope you make the right choices for the rest of your hardware! Good Luck!

BTW, I would double check all of the components you buy are compatible with each other. Example - motherboard and video card: make sure that if you are getting an AGPx8 video card that your motherboard supports AGPx8 and so on.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-comp-specs.5202/
Relevancy 67.51%

Hi Guys,

I'm looking at getting a new PC but I'm on a bit of a budget, I've done some research into the components etc and this is what I'm looking at getting...can you see anything glaringly obvious wrong with it anything that could bottleneck etc!

AMD Bulldozer FX Hexa Core 3.3GHz Processor
8GB Patriot DDR3 1333MHz Memory
60GB OCZ Solid State Drive
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560Ti Graphics

Any idea if I would have trouble running newer games on higher end graphics...

A:Hardware Specs

Your build looks good, just make sure you have an adequate quality PSU the GPU manufacturer's site will give you the minimum requirements. Low end PSU's will give you less than 80% of their rated power. So if it's a 500w it will deliver less than 400w under most operating conditions.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hardware-specs.1048334/
Relevancy 67.51%

Where can i get a good list of specs for my comp its a Dell Dimension Xps t550

A:Computer Specs

found sumthin http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-specs.196117/
Relevancy 67.51%

will i be able to get longhorn to run on my old computer, here are the specs

384mb ram
1.2ghz celeron processor
intel 810 mobo
20gb hdd
also will it run on my new computer (specs in my siggy)

Relevancy 67.51%

I'm thinking about buying a new computer. What specs should I look for, and what brands of computers are good? Should I buy a name brand computer or one that is custom built? I work for a computer business that creates and maintains websites for large organizations. Also, I have a digital camera and a palm phone. Thanks for your help.

A:Specs for a new computer

Hello.

What are you willing to spend?

You can get a quite functional machine for only $500. Please supply some more data. What do you want to do with it? Etc. Etc.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/specs-for-a-new-computer.91488/
Relevancy 67.51%

Case-Antec SLK3700-BQE w/350W PSU
Motherboard-Intel Desktop Board D865GBF
CPU-Intel Pentium 4 3.0GHZ Prescott
RAM-Kingston 512MB PC2700
Hard Drive-Western Digital Caviar 7200RPM 80GB w/8MB cache
Optical-Artec CD/RW
Sony 3.5"
Cooling-Zalman CNPS7700 Al-Cu, 4x120mm (2 side pannel inlet, 1 rear exhaust, 1 front intake) plus PSU fan
Plan to add:
ATI Radeon 256MB (which ever model is best bang for buck)
Creative Labs sound card
DVD/RW Dual layer (once new ones come out[blue laser])

Any suggestions welcome (especially on video and sound cards)

A:New System Specs

For the RAM, you want a PC3200 dual-channel kit (e.g. a pair of 512MB sticks that have been tested together), PC2700 isn't fast enough for that system. If you plan to add more RAM later, I suggest buying all the RAM you plan to get now, as you often can't mix different brands of RAM in a dual-channel motherboard such as the one you list. For the soundcard, get a Creative Labs Audigy 2, there are several versions, find the one that suits you. For the graphics card I would recommend a Radeon 9800.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-system-specs.326551/
Relevancy 67.51%

Hey all. I'm getting a new recording rig for myself and I'm looking for feedback on the specs before I actually buy the damn thing. What do you all think? Anybody have trouble with any of this gear?

Soyo KT333 Ultra Dragon Platinum Motherboard(gasp... drool...)

768 Megs DDR ram

Intel Pentium 4 1.6 Ghz

Delta 66 M-Audio

Hard drive for audio:
Caviar 80GB EIDE 7200rpm Ultra-ATA/100 (4.7ms seek time)

Hard drive for applications:
Compaq 9.1 GB 7200rpm(7.5ms Seek time)

Ricoh Super-Combination Drive(Burns CDs & DVDs and yes I need the DVD burning capability. Don't ask.)

Relevancy 67.51%

Hi.

I have an older PC that my son uses, it's a Gateway Performance 450. I'm embarassed to say how much we paid for it years ago, lol. Anyway, I am looking to connect it to my wireless network. I was hoping to be able to use a Linksys Wireless USB Adapter, but I'm not sure if it would be compatible with this PC. I checked out Gateway.com and pulled up the PC using the serial number, unfortunately, it doesn't say anything about the USB ports.

How can I find out if it's compatible? The adapter says this: To install, simply plug the Adapter into any available USB port. (It's compatible with both USB 1.1 and 2.0 ports, but 2.0 will yield the fastest speeds.). Would the PC be USB 1.1? It was bought in 1999.

I appreciate any help anyone can offer.

Thanks!
Erin