Windows Support Forum

Sudden Multi-Failing USB Ports

Q: Sudden Multi-Failing USB Ports

My current system was built in May of 2012 and has been rock solid until like now.

I have had 4 out of 6 USB ports fail on me at once. I can't scan, can't print and the only two that are working I have both my mouse and keyboard in them because I had to transfer them yesterday the ones I had them connected to for almost 2 years. My printer was working fine yesterday and then that port failed today. I have tried booting and rebooting to no avail.

The motherboard is a Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H. If anyone can recommend to me a good solid Z77 board I'd appreciate it because if the last two ports go I won't be able to use my keyboard or mouse and then I'll have some real grief to deal with.

Any ideas would be most appreciated.

Thanks.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Sudden Multi-Failing USB Ports

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 58.91%

Hi,
I am having a problem with my DVD burner (LG GSA-4167b). It is failing to read ALL of my cds and DVDs. When i insert a disc it makes a kind of laser reading noise and then stops. I my computer it changes to a cd-rom drive.

My first inpression is that the drive had failed but i only have it for 6 months.
The last thing i did on it was burn a movie to dvd, after that it has this problem, i have made no hardware or software changes only installed Lavalys Everest Ultimate Edition, which im sure isint part of the problem.

Any help would be great as i need this urgently to burn some data.

A:LG Super Multi DVD Drive Failing To Read !!!

Hi

From the threads I have read on here, most DVD burners have a very short life span, the more you use the less time it lasts basically. it is possible that the disks you have may be faulty, that to has been mentioned here before and people who have changed their brand of disks sometimes find the problem stops.

I dont think there are any DVD test tools you can use to test it but I may be wrong.

If it is faulty, I would suggest buying a better brand than LG, these are the cheapest on the market and use 3rd party boards inside. I'm no definative expert on what is the best make to buy, but like anything else you get what you pay for.

Regards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lg-super-multi-dvd-drive-failing-to-read.67398/
Relevancy 58.48%

I recently purchased an LG External DVD-RW drive and it did fine for about 9 discs. Now all of a sudden I tried to copy files to a DVD+R disc last night and after 5 failed discs in a row I gave up. It starts with about 1.1MB written to the drive then it sits and makes a bunch of noise for a while then after about 3-4 minutes it brings up an error in Roxio saying the disc writing process failed and to try again. I've tried with several different brands of discs thinking the discs were bad, still the same problem.

I'm beginning to think the drive itself is bad. Since I've had the drive it seems to be pretty picky about reading discs, or recognizing a disc is in the drive, and seems to make very strange noises while attempting the write process.

A:External USB DVD-Multi Burner (LG) Keeps Failing During Writing Proces

You may want to try a different burning program. Roxio has been known to be buggy. It may not be Roxio but its worth a try. The Roxio Drag to Disc program has also been known to interfere with CD/DVD burning.

Try the free (and popular) Imgburn

The Official ImgBurn Website

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/387648-external-usb-dvd-multi-burner-lg-keeps-failing-during-writing-proces.html
Relevancy 57.62%

I went on vacation and when I came home, my Dell XPS 400 which had been with my roommates, was not working. Apparently, ALL of the USB ports have stopped working.

Unfortunately, since there are no PS/2 ports on this computer for the keyboard/mouse, that means the computer is fairly useless. I can turn it on and it loads up, but since the keyboard and mouse, which are both USB, can't be used, that's about all I can do with it.

What could be causing this problem? Is it something that could be fixable, or is the computer a goner?

A:USB ports all failing

the last time i saw usb ports go out it was the motherboards way of saying im dying.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-ports-all-failing.688609/
Relevancy 57.62%

i had a usb mouse..then i plugged in my scaner in to another usb port and then my mouse cursor went away....the scanner doesn twork either...
my serialmouse works but thats not the point how can i fix this usb port thing or do i all of sudden need to by a usb port card...the two usb ports that failed are built on to my mainboard can this be fixed?

thanks

Yanman

A:usb ports failing

Unplug ALL USB devices.
Open Device Manager.
View, Show Hidden Devices.
Uninstall all devices under USB Controllers.
If you have a yellow ? with unknown devices, uninstall all of the entries there as well.

When this is done, reboot TWICE.

Reconnect the USB devices and see if they're recognized properly.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-ports-failing.299667/
Relevancy 57.62%

This is a cheap eMachines(Acer) desktop PC, probably 5 or 6 years old, which seems to be about how long my hardware usually lasts. After being off for two weeks over vacation, the USB port on my backup drive failed tonight. I had a couple of other ports fail two years ago, never to work again, and in fact I found my old thread while searching. I checked all the things that I learned about back then with no good results. Is this likely a sign of a failing power supply and a common problem with these aging desktops? I'm thinking it's probably time to get a shiny new machine. I hope Win7 is still available. I'd like to see what you folks think.
Thanks,
Rusty

A:USB ports failing

Okay, nevermind. It magically started working again this morning. I bet this old power supply is getting fatigued. It's time to open the case and clean it out anyway. Cool its innards off.
Rusty

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/336295-usb-ports-failing.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi there my old Tecra S 's video card died last week and I managed to find another indentical Tecra S very failing all on ports S1 USB Tecra cheaply I swapped my hard drive into the new laptop and everything works fine apart from none of the USB ports are working Power is being sent out to power up external USB drives but my computer doesn't recognise any of the USB ports at all I've tried removing replacing the drivers but no change Also as I had my old identical laptop for spares I even replaced the USB circuit board as one of USB ports all failing on Tecra S1 the original USB ports was damaged but still no change Could it be something to do with the version of BIOS on the laptop as surely everything else should already be on my hard drive Maybe my old laptop had an older BIOS which might make a difference any help would be gratefully receieved as I've been searching the net but havent got anywhere many thanks Ian

A:USB ports all failing on Tecra S1

Hi

First of all you are not sure if the USB port hardware is ok of this second Tecra S1. Right?
So theoretically it could be software and hardware problem.

Usually the USB ports are controlled by chipset driver.
You have replaced the HDD where the OS was already installed
I think you should try to install the OS once again on this second Tecra S1.
Then you should check the device manager if all USB ports have been recognized properly.

If the USB ports would NOT be visible in device manager, then I would tend to a hardware issue?

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?60863-USB-ports-all-failing-on-Tecra-S1
Relevancy 57.19%

I've recently started having problems with my browser freezing and unfreezing and my mouse and external hard drives get bumped off line and I have to restart them to get them back I use AVG free anti-virus and Ad-Aware and Spybot and Windows defender I also Uniblue security suite Here's my HijackThis log Running processes C windows System smss exe C windows system winlogon exe C windows system services exe C windows system lsass exe C windows system Ati evxx exe C windows system svchost exe C Program Files PC Tools Firewall Plus FWService exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C windows System svchost exe C windows system svchost exe C Program Files Lavasoft freezing and USB IE7 ports failing; Ad-Aware aawservice exe C windows Explorer EXE C windows system spoolsv exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files PC Tools Firewall Plus FirewallGUI exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files Siber Systems AI RoboForm RoboTaskBarIcon exe C WINDOWS system DRIVERS CDANTSRV EXE C windows system ctfmon exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C Program IE7 freezing and USB ports failing; Files Logitech SetPoint SetPoint exe C WINDOWS system IFXSPMGT exe C Program Files Common Files Logishrd KHAL KHALMNPR EXE C WINDOWS system IE7 freezing and USB ports failing; IFXTCS exe C Program Files Intel AMT LMS exe C Program Files ProtectTools Embedded Security Software PSDsrvc EXE C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe C windows system svchost exe C Program Files NeoSmart Technologies ToolTipFixer ToolTipFixer exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared hpqwmiex exe C windows System svchost exe C Program Files Microsoft Office OFFICE OUTLOOK EXE C Program Files Microsoft Office OFFICE WINWORD EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Windows Internet Explorer provided by Comcast R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dll O - BHO no name - d a - d - d - - e a - C Program Files Siber Systems AI RoboForm roboform dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Toolbar amp RoboForm - d a - d - d - - e a - C Program Files Siber Systems AI RoboForm roboform dll O - HKLM Run Windows Defender quot C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe quot -hide O - HKLM Run Kernel and Hardware Abstraction Layer KHALMNPR EXE O - HKLM Run Logitech Hardware Abstraction Layer KHALMNPR EXE O - HKLM Run PCTFW quot C Program Files PC Tools Firewall Plus FirewallGUI exe quot -s O - HKLM Run AVG TRAY C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe O - HKCU Run RoboForm quot C Program Files Siber Systems AI RoboForm RoboTaskBarIcon exe quot O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C windows system ctfmon exe O - Global Startup Logitech SetPoint lnk C Program Files Logitech SetPoint SetPoint exe O - Extra context menu item amp Google Search - res C Program Files Google GoogleToolbar dll cmsearch html O - Extra context menu item amp Translate English Word - res C Program Files Google GoogleToolbar dll cmwordtrans html O - Extra context menu item Backward Links - res C Program Files Google GoogleToolbar dll cmbacklinks html O - Extra context menu item Cached Snapshot of Page - res C Program Files Google GoogleToolbar dll cmcache html O - Extra context menu item Customize Menu - file C... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/ie7-freezing-and-usb-ports-failing-255421.html
Relevancy 56.76%

my daughter was messing around the computer and she unplugged the mouse by accdent, well now everytime i plug anything into the usb ports it says windows does not recignize the device. im stumped

A:usb ports not working all of a sudden

Have you tried a system restore to a date before this happened?

If that fails, I would plug in a ps2 mouse so you can complete this process.
Go to device mgr and remove ALL devices under usb. Unplug any usb device. Reboot twice and see if your ports are now working.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-ports-not-working-all-of-a-sudden.677526/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi guys I figured this was the right place to post this I built a new ports Random failing - freezes USB PC around months ago and on the whole things Random freezes - USB ports failing were good However as of the last week or so I've been having some problems Every now and again the computer will freeze - fans are still running and the screen looks normal However the mouse won't move and it soon becomes apparent that it has frozen the only fix being to force it off another problem again within the last few weeks is my USB ports apparently failing It started happening occasionally however this morning it has gotten to the point where none of the back ports work - when my illuminated keyboard is plugged in it just flashes randomly Strangely the USBs on the top of the case do still work allowing me use of a wireless adapter and mouse but no keyboard - I'm having to type this using the on-screen keyboard My setup is as follows intel i - K ATI Radeon HD Gigabyte Z MOBO OCZ verrex SSD other HDDs I've run Malwarebyte to no avail and the same is true when the AV from Security Essentials was used My voltages are as follows I saw someone post these before so I thought it might help VCORE V V V V V V V It's maybe worth mentioning or not that when I upgraded I kept the case and the PSU If any more info is needed let me know

A:Random freezes - USB ports failing

Still looking for some help - main issue is the USB ports failing.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/245887-random-freezes-usb-ports-failing.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I ve recently started having problems with my browser freezing and unfreezing and my mouse and external hard and computer USB failing hanging ports; drives get bumped off line I have to restart them to get them back I use AVG free anti-virus and Ad-Aware and Spybot and Windows Defender I also Uniblue security suite Here s my HijackThis log Running processes C windows System smss exe C windows system winlogon exe C windows system services exe C windows system lsass hanging computer and failing USB ports; exe C windows system Ati evxx exe C windows system svchost exe C Program Files PC Tools Firewall Plus FWService exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C windows System svchost exe C windows system svchost exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C windows Explorer EXE C windows system spoolsv exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files PC Tools Firewall Plus FirewallGUI exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files Siber Systems AI RoboForm RoboTaskBarIcon exe C WINDOWS system DRIVERS CDANTSRV EXE C windows system ctfmon exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C Program Files Logitech SetPoint SetPoint exe C WINDOWS system IFXSPMGT exe C Program Files Common Files Logishrd KHAL KHALMNPR EXE C WINDOWS system IFXTCS exe C Program Files Intel AMT LMS exe C Program Files ProtectTools Embedded Security Software PSDsrvc EXE C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe C windows system svchost exe C Program Files NeoSmart Technologies ToolTipFixer ToolTipFixer exe C Program hanging computer and failing USB ports; Files Hewlett-Packard Shared hpqwmiex exe C windows System svchost exe C Program Files Microsoft Office OFFICE OUTLOOK EXE C Program Files Microsoft Office OFFICE WINWORD EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Windows Internet hanging computer and failing USB ports; Explorer provided by Comcast R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dll O - BHO no name - d a - d - d - - e a - C Program Files Siber Systems AI RoboForm roboform dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Toolbar amp RoboForm - d a - d - d - - e a - C Program Files Siber Systems AI RoboForm roboform dll O - HKLM Run Windows Defender quot C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe quot -hide O - HKLM Run Kernel and Hardware Abstraction Layer KHALMNPR EXE O - HKLM Run Logitech Hardware Abstraction Layer KHALMNPR EXE O - HKLM Run PCTFW quot C Program Files PC Tools Firewall Plus FirewallGUI exe quot -s O - HKLM Run AVG TRAY C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe O - HKCU Run RoboForm quot C Program Files Siber Systems AI RoboForm RoboTaskBarIcon exe quot O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C windows system ctfmon exe O - Global Startup Logitech SetPoint lnk C Program Files Logitech SetPoint SetPoint exe O - Extra context menu item amp Google Search - res C Program Files Google GoogleToolbar dll cmsearch html O - Extra context menu item amp Translate English Word - res C Program Files Google GoogleToolbar dll cmwordtrans html O - Extra context menu item Backward Links - res C Program Files Google GoogleToolbar dll cmbacklinks html O - Extra context menu item Cached Snapshot of Page - res C Program Files Google GoogleToolbar dll cmcache html O -... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hanging-computer-and-failing-usb-ports.717815/
Relevancy 56.33%

I don't know if my PC is dying a slow natural death or if an outside insult caused it During a recent thunderstorm a power flicker turned off my computer After rebooting I had no Internet access That problem seems to have been simply a bad cable between the router and the cable modem however I did have to fiddle with the tcpip settings But while checking cables my wireless Logitech mouse quit working I plugged the mouse receiver into an empty USB port next to the one it had been plugged into on the rear of the machine and it worked again The failing Desktop ports computer USB other port is still dead Later I found that one of the two USB ports in front of the machine no longer works I can still use it to charge my phone but it pops up a quot Device not recognized quot message if I plug a Desktop computer USB ports failing drive camera phone etc into it No conflicts are shown in the device manager I would feel safe in assuming a power surge from lightening had popped something on the MB causing the failure but there's another possibility The day before all this happened I Desktop computer USB ports failing purchased a cheap -socket USB expansion hub and used it in one of the front sockets to plug in several devices a scanner and my phone and camera cables Has anyone ever heard of one of these hubs causing a blown circuit Maybe too much current draw for the cheap motherboard Strange that the failing sockets are in two different physical locations I really don't want to need a new computer but my printer and backup drive are USB and I can't stand to lose those functions if more ports die Any thoughts on this will be appreciated Thanks Rusty

A:Desktop computer USB ports failing

One never knows what all happened to a computer and its pieces parts after a thunderstorm. If you don't use a surge protector I highly recommend doing so.
Those USB spreaders to me are useless. One USB port has only so much current.
I would not use it. Unplug all unnecessary things from the computer. Printers,phones,card readers, hair curlers, coffee pots ect. Reboot.
Take a read here.
USB Driver - General Fix for Problems
------------------------------------------------------------------------
USB Storage Device - Enable or Disable Connecting

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/241050-desktop-computer-usb-ports-failing.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Unable to Forward Ports All of of to a Ports Sudden Unable All Forward a Sudden by FireBottle Thu Jun pm Hello all I hope this post is in the right place as I think it is OS software and not router related Well I just got rid of a few nasty viruses and now I am unable Unable to Forward Ports All of a Sudden to forward ports All worked fine before the virus incident I got the virus fixed see here http www bleepingcomputer com forums topic html However things are not quite the same I finally got to relax and actually use the computer to do some online racing with my buds BUT now I am unable to host run a server in other words my port forwarding does not work I looked at all the settings on the router has a password and all are perfect I ran port forwarding tests with PFportchecker and they are not working Firewall is off and I have no antivirus running I am running win xp os and my modem is an actiontec gt- BTW I have removed eset and super spyware tools that I used to eliminate the threat just in case they may be blocking something Any ideas Are there any os files that may have been deleted Thanks as always nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-forward-ports-all-of-a-sudden.1003831/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi
i have this strange problem in my pc, suddenly usb ports stopped working, then i noticed the OS is not stable, ethernet don`t work, services are disabled suddenly, when i click on restart it turns off the computer instead. so i figured XP is not working fine, so i recovered an image of the XP OS. the strange thing is now some USB ports work and some not, like the port connected to the HP printer, it`s working, also the external USB hub, but all USB ports cannot detect keyboard and mouse. and the weird thing, the front USB sometimes it detects disk-on-key and sometimes it doesn`t. pc power and tempereature are in order.

i have no idea what`s the problem here.

A:[SOLVED] USB ports sudden failure

Go to Start/Run and type SFC /scannow and press enter. Put the XP CD in and it will replace any missing files from the CD.
What is the Make and Model # of your computer? Go to Start/Run and type devmgmt.msc and press enter. In the Device Manager, are there any devices with yellow flags? These devices need to have drivers installed. Even if not, go to the manufacturers support/download drivers site type in your make and model# and download the Chipset driver (improves USB) and any other drivers required in the Device Manager.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-usb-ports-sudden-failure-681071.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hello all I hope this post is in the right place and thanks in advance for all your help Well I just got rid of a few nasty viruses and now I am unable to forward ports All worked fine before the virus incident I got the virus fixed see here http www bleepingcomputer com forums topic html However things are not quite the same I of Ports to A Forward All Unable Sudden finally Unable to Forward Ports All of A Sudden got to relax and actually use the computer to do some online racing with my buds BUT now I am unable to host run a server in other words my port forwarding does not work I looked at all the settings on the router has a password and all are perfect I ran port forwarding tests with PFportchecker and they are not working Firewall is off and I have no antivirus running I am running win xp os BTW I have removed eset and super spyware tools that I used to eliminate the threat just in case they may be blocking something Any ideas Are there any os files that may have been deleted Thanks as always

A:Unable to Forward Ports All of A Sudden

Wow. Did I get the plague?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/405656/unable-to-forward-ports-all-of-a-sudden/
Relevancy 45.58%

This is probably the most painful issue I have with Windows right now and likely previous versions as well but I didn't have a multi-DPI on text Blurry in monitor multi-resolution, secondary setup multi-monitor setup back then Blurry text on secondary monitor in multi-resolution, multi-DPI setup The monitors I have are as follows x K UHD monitor with preferred DPI x Full Blurry text on secondary monitor in multi-resolution, multi-DPI setup HD monitor with preferred DPI Whenever one of these monitors are set as primary all desktop applications displayed on the secondary monitor doesn't matter which has blurry text Exceptions are Blurry text on secondary monitor in multi-resolution, multi-DPI setup the Windows Store Apps like Windows Store and Microsoft Edge along with the Taskbar Start Menu the Taskbar Start Menu settings screen the Taskbar context menu and the desktop context menu which passes the DPI test with flying colours with crispy text on both monitors occasionally a DPI switch bug gets in but I can mostly ignore that The problem is as you can probably guess is that gt of the applications I use aren't Windows Store Apps Here are some screenshots The quot Taskbar and Start Menu Properties quot text is what the text should look like while the Visual Studio text is an example of the text most desktop apps get The blurry image is what happens when the UHD monitor is not the primary monitor Attachment Attachment Note Both of these screenshots came from the DPI monitor so it's best viewed at that DPI level The DPI monitor is similarly affected Things I've already tried Reinstall the graphics driver this was unhelpfully given by a Microsoft Support Engineer Did this multiple times in fact for unrelated reasons Reinstall Windows through Reset This PC recovery option I did this for also unrelated reasons but it definitely doesn't fix this issue Use the XP Explorer quot fix quot Merely worsens the problem Adjusting ClearType options Alleviates the issue a bit but see next point Disabling ClearType on the affected monitor The text obviously sharpens but it's painful to read and a close inspection of the text reveals the issue isn't solved at all only mitigated slightly Replacing the video card I swapped this in with my older GTX Ti but it's obvious the problem remains Both it and my current card are NVIDIAs though so it's vaguely possible the drivers or the cards themselves are the cause I don't have an ATI AMD card that still works at least to test the setup and every Intel iGPU I have either has only one monitor output or is incapable of handling UHD resolutions Things I won't try Setting both monitors' DPI to Text would become microscopic considering the UHD monitor's actual size Use the text resizing feature instead I'm going take a wild guess that this is not monitor-specific and would cause everything on the HD monitor to be far too large to the point that I'd rather unplug it Does anyone have a multi-resolution multi-DPI multi-monitor setup with or without this issue The text is painful to read on whichever is the secondary monitor right now and is extremely apparent whenever the background is dark

A:Blurry text on secondary monitor in multi-resolution, multi-DPI setup

Hi Seally,

I have exactly the same problems and I am searching for a solution. I have noticed the problems after upgrading Windows 10 to TH2. But may be I havn't noticed the problems before :-)

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/30147-blurry-text-secondary-monitor-multi-resolution-multi-dpi-setup.html
Relevancy 45.58%

This is probably the most painful issue I have with Windows right now and likely previous versions as well but I didn't have a multi-monitor setup back then The monitors I have are as follows x K UHD monitor with preferred DPI x Full HD monitor with preferred DPI Whenever one of these monitors are set as primary all desktop applications displayed on the secondary monitor doesn't matter which has blurry text Exceptions are the Windows Store Apps like Windows Store and Microsoft Edge along with the Taskbar Start Menu the Taskbar Start Menu settings screen the Taskbar context menu and the desktop context menu which passes the DPI test with flying colours with crispy text on both monitors occasionally a DPI switch bug gets in but I can mostly ignore on multi-resolution, monitor multi-DPI text Blurry setup secondary in that The problem is as you can probably guess is that gt of the applications I use aren't Windows Store Apps Here are some screenshots The quot Taskbar and Start Menu Properties quot text is what the text should look like while Blurry text on secondary monitor in multi-resolution, multi-DPI setup the Visual Studio text is an example of the text most desktop apps get The blurry image is what happens when the UHD monitor is not the primary monitor Attachment Attachment Note Both of these screenshots came from the DPI monitor so it's best viewed at that DPI level The DPI monitor is similarly affected Things I've already tried Reinstall the graphics driver this was unhelpfully given by a Microsoft Support Engineer Did this multiple times in fact for unrelated reasons Reinstall Windows through Reset This PC recovery option I did this for also unrelated reasons but it definitely doesn't fix this issue Use the XP Explorer quot fix quot Merely worsens the problem Adjusting ClearType options Alleviates the issue a bit but see next point Disabling ClearType on the affected monitor The text obviously sharpens but it's painful to read and a close inspection of the text reveals the issue isn't solved at all only mitigated slightly Replacing the video card I swapped this in with my older GTX Ti but it's obvious the problem remains Both it and my current card are NVIDIAs though so it's vaguely possible the drivers or the cards themselves are the cause I don't have an ATI AMD card that still works at least to test the setup and every Intel iGPU I have either has only one monitor output or is incapable of handling UHD resolutions Things I won't try Setting both monitors' DPI to Text would become microscopic considering the UHD monitor's actual size Use the text resizing feature instead I'm going take a wild guess that this is not monitor-specific and would cause everything on the HD monitor to be far too large to the point that I'd rather unplug it Does anyone have a multi-resolution multi-DPI multi-monitor setup with or without this issue The text is painful to read on whichever is the secondary monitor right now and is extremely apparent whenever the background is dark

A:Blurry text on secondary monitor in multi-resolution, multi-DPI setup

Hi Seally,

I have exactly the same problems and I am searching for a solution. I have noticed the problems after upgrading Windows 10 to TH2. But may be I havn't noticed the problems before :-)

http://www.tenforums.com/graphic-cards/30147-blurry-text-secondary-monitor-multi-resolution-multi-dpi-setup.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Hello everybody I'm reletively new on this forum and I've spent a lot of time reading posts here concerning innovative installation methods and various With SSD Multi-boot, Partition of Multi-Disk Cons / Pros Scheme approaches to partitioning This forum really has some great info and users I'm an old school guy going back to the days before PCs even existed Electronics has always circulated in my bloodstream I'm an old dog but open to new tricks I decided to overhaul my primary workhorse computer See this thread for full description by adding an SSD and rearranging my drivespace as one Pros / Cons of Multi-boot, Multi-Disk Partition Scheme With SSD of my drives was failing I had an GB Vertex SSD scavanged from another system and thus I hatched my new partition scheme to use it Long story short is that after multiple trials I came to the conclusion the SSD was causing me much trouble probably failing due to it's age GB was a mighty tight fit anyway to boot operating systems So today I ordered a new SSD a low cost GB Sandisk Plus from Amazon paying less than including shipping by using a discount coupon I had At this point I'm asking myself whether I should scrap all of the MBR partitioned disks and use only GPT disks In reading this thread I see it's now possible to boot Windows installed on GPT using a non UEFI legacy BIOS which is good b c that's all my mobo supports That thread also requires at least a minimal MBR image be it on a floppy VHD or other virtual image or via some other clever quot trick quot to allow either winload exe or bootmgr to live in the MBR world but still be able to find the SYSROOT partition on GPT media I think this reboot pro post is the approach that best matches my requirements and I am going to use it if I can It's a matter of whether I can obtain all of the pieces like the modified wimboot My days of Windows development are long gone and I am no longer familiar with the tools Almost everything is Net now Linux on the other hand is where any dev work I do takes place I'll have to look at the github info and see if the changes to wimboot are within my skills and desire to do On the other hand I could stick with the simple MBR scheme for the SSD as I began with and avoid the need to use clever tricks to boot Windows That won't work to boot Windows I'll need to use the bag of tricks for that So that being the case why not go GPT all the way So I'd like to hear from any of you out there who have built a similar multi-boot system and have input as to the pros and cons of a GPT only vs mixed MBR GPT partitioning scheme or if you have any words of wisdom regarding optimmizing Windows for use with an SSD I've been reading those threads here too good info for sure but if you have anything to add I quot m all ears

A:Pros / Cons of Multi-boot, Multi-Disk Partition Scheme With SSD

To the best of my knowledge MBR will work just find for drives smaller than 2 TB.
Drives bigger than that need to be GPT.

A little info from Microsoft.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2581408

Quote:
In order for an operating system to fully support storage devices that have capacities that exceed 2 terabytes (2 TB, or 2 trillion bytes), the device must be initialized by using the GUID partition table (GPT) partitioning scheme. This scheme supports addressing of the full range of storage capacity. If the user intends to start the computer from one of these large disks, the system’s base firmware interface must use the Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI) and not BIOS.

More helpful info from one of Brinks tutorials.

Hard Drive - GPT or MBR

More information if need be.

How to Convert a MBR Disk to a GPT Disk
How to Convert a GPT Disk to a MBR Disk

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/389632-pros-cons-multi-boot-multi-disk-partition-scheme-ssd.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I have a table that lists every MLS system,the state and coverage area. There are multiple entries for each county

I am trying to convert this to a table that has one entry per county and includes all the MLS that are active in that county.

I have attached a sample set of data to display the current and desired table structure.

Is there a way to do this in excel via a formula/s?

I have attempted multiple combinations of index and match but I can't seem to figure it out. I need to match on the state and then look to see if the county is in the range of County 1 to County 3. If it does exist I need to display the name of the MLS system.

Any guidance would be much appreciated.

Relevancy 44.29%

Recently I reinstalled the OS on my computer. It was shipped with Windows XP HE SP2, but I formatted and put Win98 onto the system. Needless to say, it froze up at the Windows splash screen. So, I uninstalled it and put XP back on. My question here is, is there any possible way to put Windows 3.1, Windows 95, Windows 98, and Windows XP all on one hard drive, and it work? I know how to partition the hard drive accordingly for the deed, it's getting the computer to actually run 95, 98, and 3.1. I'm cheating fate here, since I know 3.1 probably won't run on my 32-bit structure system, but it's worth a try.

My system is a Dell Dimension 4700 with 3.0 gHz CPU, 256 mb of RAM, and an nVidia 64 mb video card. Any help is greatly appreciated.

A:Multi Partition Boot/Multi OS install

The XP boot loader will let you boot XP and one DOS-based Windows version (Win 9x or Win3.1). However, you can't run multiple versions of Win9x and Win3.1 on the same system -- unless there is potentially some 3rd-party boot loader that can do this, but I can't recommend one.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/multi-partition-boot-multi-os-install.433132/
Relevancy 44.29%

I ve recently purchased a second GB disk for my rig already containing a GB disk I ve read quite a bit about partitioning strategies and I ve still got a few questions that I couldn t seem to find subjective answers for First off I m looking at have a multi boot partitioning hard Multi multi o/s disks, system with at least OS primary XP install secondary XP install with only my CAD programs vista install then I m also looking Linux Ubuntu one of my concerns in if I put a small partition at Multi hard disks, multi o/s partitioning the beginning of the first disk then my th partition for OS ends up being a extended logical partition no I read somewhere that Multi hard disks, multi o/s partitioning O S can only start from Primary partition But I also read at http partition radified com that he s put O S on Extended logical drives here s how I propose to setup my disks DISK - OGB TOTAL ACUTAL GB P - GB - FAT - for DOS based utilities programs P - GB - NTFS - Primary XP w most programs P - GB - NTFS - Secondary XP w only CAD programs P - GB - NTFS - Vista E - GB - FAT - Linux Ubuntu E - GB - FAT - Linux swap E - GB - NTFS - MULTI CD DVD PROGRAMS E - GB - NTFS - RESERVE E - GB - BACK-UP IMAGES DISK - GB TOTAL ACTUAL GB P - GB - NTFS - PAGEFILE P - GB - NTFS - BACK-UP O S P - GB - FAT - RESERVE E - GB - NTFS - DATAT MY DOCUMENTS FOLDER E - GB - NTFS BACK-UP IMAGES let me know what you guys think nbsp

A:Multi hard disks, multi o/s partitioning

The Windows OS has issues starting from anything other than the C:\ drive, so you may have to load the OS in separate directories on that partition and utilize a boot menu to select which configuration you desire at boot.

As for Linux, I am not aware of any such limitations, but YMMV. Good Luck.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/multi-hard-disks-multi-o-s-partitioning.763326/
Relevancy 44.29%

I have a 9800 GX2 card and always want to run two monitors. In the Nvidia Control Panel set-up under 3D settings and sub heading "Set Multi-GPU Config" I have the recommended option of Multi-GPU Mode, but if I select that, the second monitor stays blank. I assume because my card has two GPU's internally SLI connected and you (to date) can't run two monitors when SLI invoked?

Assuming that is correct

1. Is Nvidia working to overcome this major hurdle of SLI and 2 Monitors?
2. If I use Triple Head to Go, will this allow me to select Multi-GPU and still have two monitors and will I have better performance?

Kotuku

A:Multi GPU Mode Versus Multi Display

When you use SLI, the secondary GPU shuts the output off, so you can't connect a monitor to the second GPU. It's always been like this with Nvidia SLI. I'm quite sure if you use an external multi-monitor device, you could set multiple monitors up while still haveing SLI enabled.

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/173980-multi-gpu-mode-versus-multi-display.html
Relevancy 44.29%

OK. My computer multi-boots to Windows 7 & 8 right now. 8 is on an SSD.

I am thinking about adding another HDD, moving 8 to the new HDD, and installing Windows 10 [Technical Preview] onto the SSD. If I disconnect the drives with 7 & 8 during the install, then add them to the boot menu after, can I make the computer boot to the HDD with 8, have that boot menu default to 8, with 7 & 10 as options, and if I make the computer boot off the SSD default to 10 with 7 & 8 as options?

A:Multi-Boot & Multi-Harddrive booting

Clone or image Windows 8 to a partition you create on the HD, boot into it or Windows 7 to add the other OS to a Dual Boot menu using EasyBCD (click Download - no Name or Email required).

Unplug the 7/8 hard drive, plug in the SSD to Clean Install Windows 10 Technical Preview.

After install plug back in the hard drive, boot it when needed using the one-time BIOS boot menu key, leaving the SSD as drive set first to boot in BIOS setup.

If this is not to your liking, then boot into the hard drive OS from which you set up the Dual Boot with EasyBCD, add Windows 10 to the Dual Boot menu using type Windows 8.1. You'll now have a Multi-Boot menu for all OS's, but the drives will still remain independently bootable, whereas if you'd installed TP to SSD with the hard drive plugged in, it will configure a Dual Boot which makes the SSD's boot entirely dependent upon the HD.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/355370-multi-boot-multi-harddrive-booting.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU M GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Mobility Radeon HD Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard TOSHIBA NSWAA Antivirus Microsoft Security Essentials Updated and Enabled Hi So the wonderful people here have helped me out before and I m hoping they can do the same again About two weeks ago I had an incident where randomly my laptop started typing gibberish instead of the actual keys I was pressing For example on pressing quot e quot I got something like quot ce d quot or something It did this in my browser in Skype in Windows password entry and search and in MS Word so I figured it must be a keyboard error I to programs/pages and randomly Keyboard failing open failing m not exactly the carefullest of people so it didn t seem unreasonable that a crumb or Keyboard randomly failing and programs/pages failing to open something had gotten in to the keyboard and was disrupting things I tried various fixes - vacuuming my keyboard attempting to download new keyboard drivers from Toshiba and running MBAM but to no avail Eventually I gave up and went to bed Lo and behold come morning everything was working as normal again and I carried on life as usual Then yesterday I randomly Keyboard randomly failing and programs/pages failing to open got BSODed I made a backup because I was pretty convinced it was a warning sign Then this morning I open my laptop to type in my password and the keyboard is simply not responding When I press the quot Accessibility quot button to get up the On-Screen Keyboard this doesn t work either but when I press quot Switch User quot it re-loads my account I have only got one account and then the quot Accessibility quot button seems to work and lets me use the On Screen keyboard to enter my password When I log on I try to open Chrome and it comes up with the quot Properties quot window It opens when pressing Right Click Open but double clicking brings up Properties Same with all other desktop shortcuts I try typing into MS Word and it works but then I try typing in to Chrome and it also works Then it stops again and upon clicking a link to another page on a website my laptop tries to download the website instead of opening it and right click stops working too I am using a trackpad I ran an MBAM quick scan which found nothing and I am currently running a full scan Now the keyboard seems to have returned to life but obviously this being its second stint of breaking I am hoping to figure out if this is just a problem with my keyboard or with my whole computer and what I should look to do to fix it Thank you in advance for any help you can offer me nbsp

Relevancy 43.43%

1 I boot up my computer and try to log in. I get a user profile failed loggon message.

2 I google it and try to follow this guide

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947215

3 I boot up in safe mode and everything just goes black and unresponsive. Been like it for about ten minutes now.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/profile-failing-to-log-on-error-followed-by-failing-to-boot-in-safe-mode.1133161/
Relevancy 42.57%

I would like to purchase a full version of Windows 7 Home Premium (not an upgrade) and install it on two different machines. Is this possible or do I need to buy 2 full copies of Windows 7? Can I just buy the one copy and get like a multi-license? Amazon sells Windows 7 Family Pacs for but it's an upgrade version. I couldn't find any info on Microsoft's web site regarding multiple licensing at all. Thanks in advance.

A:Multi-Machine, Multi-License?

Bug67, I also have not found any multi copies of windows 7 full versions for sale. Outside of buying OEM copies which are a lot cheaper than the full box versions.
Beware of anyone telling you that the copies they sell are for multi installs which could be a technet or msdn copies which are not for resale.

Rich

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/199717-multi-machine-multi-license.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Greetings, I was anticipating this to be a headache, since it only worked in Win7 by throwing spaghetti at a wall.

Essentially, I have a dual monitor display. The right monitor is primary, the left is to be used by art programs, movies, games, and other more specialized work (as well as workspace in a large project and running code next to blah blah).

So, my problem is getting the movies and 3d apps (especially games) to render on the left monitor, but keep all of the main functions on the right one, as it is now.

A side problem... I don't totally dislike the Start Screen; I think it can be useful putting it up on that left monitor when not in use as a live feed reader when not running a program there, while leaving the right monitor "classic". Any way that is possible?

Thanks in advance.

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/10621-multi-display-multi-purpose.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Is it necessary to connect a slave or secondary drive while creating an image of hard disk?

A:Multi software on multi computers

Hmm, that actually depends on how are you gonna image the hard drive. If you are using an external hard drive to store the image of your internal one, you don't have to.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/multi-software-on-multi-computers-550652.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi,

I have a series of applications that depend on an INI file being in the Windows directory.

Also, many diffeent users are allowed to log on and change the INI file.

But Windows 7 places changed INI files in USER directories for the logged-on users.

So my Apps never get to see the changes!

How do I get Windows 7 to place my INI file in Windows directory where I need it?

A:multi users, multi ini files

Uhhh...An application storing its configuration in the Windows directory is foolish, what are these broken applications you are using?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/144002-multi-users-multi-ini-files.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Recently, I got a message telling me to backup immediately because my hard drive was failing. I pulled out the portable hard drive to do a backup only to be rejected by windows backup at 57%.
The only conclusion I can reach is that the damaged portion of my hard drive is the bit that deals with copying files, because I've tried a manual backup too.
This really freaks me out because I have done some important work in the last month since my last backup that I do not want to lose.
Any help would be much appreciated! I feel like there is no solution to my problem but I really want to try!

A:Failing hard drives and failing backups

Hi and welcome to TSF this might be of help Free Backup Software: Paragon Backup & Recovery Free Edition - Overview

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/failing-hard-drives-and-failing-backups-664935.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Hey all so I have forwarded some ports on my router with Airport Utility NAT port forwarding but using cmd netstat -n the ports I forwarded aren't listed and using online port checkers confirms they are closed I added exceptions to my firewall even though it is off and windows defender is off and Avast's shields are all off I honestly have no idea how to open the ports up and haven't found a way to do this using Windows not pro Anybody have any ideas It seems like Windows is blocking these ports from opening for some reason There doesn't seem to be an override function in cmd to open them either In case forwarded disabled? router Ports firewalls closed; ports, you're wondering why I need the ports open I'm trying to resolve a quot request timeout quot error when pinging somebody on Hamachi - so I'm trying to open the main ports Hamachi uses I just want to play Terraria man Any Ports closed; router forwarded ports, firewalls disabled? help would be greatly appreciated

A:Ports closed; router forwarded ports, firewalls disabled?

Temporarily add your PC IP into the DMZ and try again , see if the internal/external tests then notice the ports open , this will test if it's a router or PC issue....

Don't forget to take it out of the DMZ after testing...

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/32603-ports-closed-router-forwarded-ports-firewalls-disabled.html
Relevancy 39.99%

This is a brand new custom built PC for web browsing for a motel lobby.

Win7 Home Premium
AMD A4-3300 Llano
MSI A55M-P33 FM1
Rosewill FBM-02 MicroATX Mini Tower

Running latest BIOS and latest drivers downloaded directly from manufacturer's website.

I tried switching between all 3 internal headers and none of them would detect the flash drive.

If I plug the drive in the rear ports it detects right away leading me to suspect the case's ports might be defective but I don't have another USB 2.0 card lying around to confirm.

Based on this info does it seem likely that the front ports themselves are faulty?

A:Front USB ports not working, but rear USB ports work…

You might check to see if the case end of the USB cables are properly plugged into the front panel holding the headers. Some board need more than one brand of USB drivers, Renesas, NEC, etc.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/298221-front-usb-ports-not-working-but-rear-usb-ports-work.html
Relevancy 39.99%

My modem-router is in bridged mode (everything is disabled except internet), i have disabled windows firewall i have taken my firewall offline (until this issue is resolved) but still no one can access my server (they can't even join a game if i create a server)

if i go to port checker it says connection refused on all ports except port 80? how do i force open the ports?

i called my ISP and they say they should be open and there not blocking any ports.

I have a static ip address, 24Mbit up 2.5Mbit down.

when i run my filesharing program (for sharing files between my and my clients) and they try to download a file from me it says it will take (99years, 99days, 99 hours) now i don't really have that long to wait

edit: and yes my network properties are configured manually (and not on auto detect) i have no problem accessing the internet myself

A:Opening ports, i have the firewall disabled but ports are still blocked

It would be better to open the ports in the running firewall than to turn it off. Firewalls load drivers, running or not. Many firewalls block everything by default when they are turned off so that the machine is protected during boot.

You may need to uninstall some firewalls to get them to open all ports.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/opening-ports-i-have-the-firewall-disabled-but-ports-are-still-blocked.788249/
Relevancy 39.13%

Installed and Not Ports/Headphone Functioning Ports USB Mic Jack used an uninstaller to clean out some old files and apparently removed some important dlls Some programs were affected by the removal of the dlls including MS Office and internet browsers USB Ports/Headphone Mic Jack Ports Not Functioning and I noticed some strange things on the home network on other PCs Some pages weren t loading flash portions USB Ports/Headphone Mic Jack Ports Not Functioning of internet pages I suspect that the router drivers were somehow compromised but that problem seems to be under control for now I reinstalled flash player and shockwave and I am mostly confident that the browser problems are resolved Ran the repair utility on the XP installation disk on the affected machine and for the most part the original problems seem to have disappeared MS Office functionality has returned with the flash reinstall and with the XP reinstall I have reinstalled some drivers including the graphics and monitor drivers so graphics are good However a whole new crop of problems have appeared since the repair installation The affected computer is an HP DC small form factor with USB ports on the back and on the front Additionally there are also a microphone jack and a headphone jack on the front The USB ports and the mic and headphone jack on the front both have lost functionality I use the usb ports frequently with cameras and other small utilities and the mic and headphone jack for voice to text Pretty important to me to restore functionality of the devices This is the worst of the problems for now but I have been experiencing occasional problems with programs Reinstalls have fixed the problem each time so far I searched out the HP site for the HP drivers for the DC machine to reinstall those but I am confused Which of the drivers should I install for the USB ports There are a number of them listed there Here is the link to the drivers page http h www hp com bizsupport TechSupport SoftwareIndex jsp lang en amp cc us amp prodNameId amp prodTypeId amp prodSeriesId amp swLang amp taskId amp swEnvOID Should I expect a reinstall of the factory PC drivers to restore functionality to missing hardware with this PC Thanks nbsp

A:USB Ports/Headphone Mic Jack Ports Not Functioning

If you go into device manager, do you see anything with a yellow ! or ? beside it?
Vicks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-ports-headphone-mic-jack-ports-not-functioning.1047850/
Relevancy 39.13%

Hi all,
Well, I was on Vista but it's unstable and slolw and my PC for the moment so I uninstalled it and put my XP home sp2 oem, I plugged my Extern HDD onto one of my 4 USB ports, it says that this device can perform better on a speeder USB 2.0 port but all of my ports are USB 2.0, they all say that, whatever device is.
It's very slow and seeing videos is annoying, I can't, I really need help.
Thanks for your answers.

A:Solved: USB 2.0 ports turned into USB slow ports

What was the solution?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-usb-2-0-ports-turned-into-usb-slow-ports.633770/
Relevancy 37.84%

Hi My daughter has a lot of Barbie CD-ROM games There is one game she has that is rather old yet it is really one of her favorites Barbie s Magic Genie Bottle This game came with a life-sized magic genie bottle that acted as a ports/USB ports? for an game there adapter Is joy-stick It has a motion sensor Is there an adapter for game ports/USB ports? jewel on the front that you move your hand in front of and the top comes off Each of these things perfomed a function in the game I m sure you can imagine the appeal to an -year-old little girl Now the problem is I ve gotten a hmmm complete system overhaul I guess you could say A new larger hard-drive new processor and new motherboard The OLD system had a gameport on the back of the computer The new one doesn t It only has USB ports Please SOMEBODY tell me that there is some sort of adapter or someway I can make this Genie Bottle work with this system If any of you have never lived in a house with Is there an adapter for game ports/USB ports? an -year-old Barbie-obsessed little girl you have no idea of the drama and histrionics that are occuring here Is there any way I can make a Magic Genie Bottle with a gameport plug work with a tower that now only has USB ports Somebody please save me nbsp

A:Is there an adapter for game ports/USB ports?

You could try one of these, never heard much about them so
http://www.radioshack.com/product.a...og_name=CTLG&category_name=&product_id=26-164

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/is-there-an-adapter-for-game-ports-usb-ports.215737/
Relevancy 37.84%

Hey guys, brand new kid here. Fairly computer literate but not a whiz by any means. I had to do a Windows XP System Recovery on my HP desktop PC a few weeks ago and since then my USB 2.0 ports haven't been themselves.

Before when I used my Kingston 4gb SDHC card in my front USB 2.0 ports (as they're labeled) it worked at full speed with no problems. After the System Recovery, when I plug in the card it gives me a message saying "This device could perform faster if it were plugged into a High Speed USB 2.0 Port." The problem is, my Device Manager lists a high speed port and hub on my computer, but I get the same message on all the ports on my computer. I tried updating the drivers and uninstalling and reinstalling them but to no avail.

Is there any way to fix this?

Relevancy 37.84%

I have a problem with my front usb ports/audio ports, a couple days ago I replaced my radiator and unplugged the cord for the front usb ports but it went back in fine and ever since then I would have my headphones plugged in but whenever I took out something from the usb port the headphone/audio stopped working, could there be something wrong with the way I plugged it back in?

Thanks.

A:Problem with usb ports/audio ports

Maybe a hardware problem,check it from u'r computer manufacturer !

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/36309-problem-usb-ports-audio-ports.html
Relevancy 37.84%

A few days ago I installed a USB card to be precise this one -Port USB SuperSpeed PCI-E Controller Card - Free as USB ports 3.0 to USB refuse ports work 3.0 Shipping USB 3.0 ports refuse to work as USB 3.0 ports - DealExtreme It uses the very common NEC PD USB controller I installed the required drivers for Windows and the card worked fine for the first day or so but not since Whenever I plug in a USB external hard drive I get a false quot This device can perform faster quot message as if I had plugged the drive in a USB port The external drive I am using is a Western Digital MyBook Essential It is definitely a USB drive and came with the required USB cable While the USB card was working I got full-speed transfers to the limit of the hard drive's ability about - MB s Now I can only get USB speeds - MB s Windows insists I have the drive plugged into a USB port even though it is plugged directly into the USB card Things I tried so far -rebooting and complete power cycle No difference -plugging the drive into one port or the other Also no difference -Looked in Device manager No help there either The controller is recognized as a USB device is using the proper NEC drivers Other info that may be important -No overclocking settings in use -I made sure the cable was plugged in all the way It's in as far as it can go but the ports will still only act like USB ports This is very frustrating How do I fix it I might as well throw the card away if it is only going to act as a USB device

A:USB 3.0 ports refuse to work as USB 3.0 ports

Go to device manager and go the props of those usb ports.
Click uninstall, now they will disappear.
Now install your drivers again, which came with the card
Reboot.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/179943-usb-3-0-ports-refuse-work-usb-3-0-ports.html
Relevancy 37.41%

Vista Ultimate -bit ASUS Rampage Formula motherboard USB mouse and keyboard connected in back ports Two things Back ports working, partially ethernet) working front ports stopped (USB, happened Avira antivirus warned me of some threats which I either ignored or deleted Windows Update Back ports (USB, ethernet) stopped working, front ports partially working had some updates ready although I m not sure if it updated I turned off my PC for a couple of hours turned it back on and realized that my USB keyboard was not working on the password screen I eventually unplugged it from the back and plugged it into the front where it worked However my USB mouse did not work when plugged into the second front port nor did it work when plugged into the front port in which the keyboard worked I accessed System Restore using my keyboard and restored to one day previously When it finished both keyboard and mouse worked although I got a pop-up message alerting me that the quot drivers for your device could not be installed quot When I clicked quot OK quot the mouse stopped working again I have checked BIOS and both mouse and keyboard are recognized so it does not appear to be a hardware issue nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/back-ports-usb-ethernet-stopped-working-front-ports-partially-working.950262/
Relevancy 35.26%

Hey everyone could anybody explain what ports are all about, like for example COM PORTS, LISTENING PORTS all that.
Is it more of a software thing for programs to communicate with eachother?

Im sure most of ye know what im on about

Thanx!!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/com-ports-listening-ports.106315/
Relevancy 35.26%

My ASUS p5wd2 premium board has all 2.0 Hi-speed USB ports but when
I installed an external USB 2.0 ALURATEK 500GB HD it tells me I will get better
performance if I connect it to a HI -speed port.
Anyone have any ideas as to why this would happen. Transfer rates are around 980KB/sec
which is painfully slow.
TKS Robert

Relevancy 34.4%

Hello.

I am trying to get DSL or some other form of broadband. One thing that is bothering me is security because I leave my machine on all the time. Thus I wish to use the Windows 2000 Port Resticting App and/or/in conjunction with Tiny Personal Firewall.

So the question is where can I find a listing of some sort that tells me what type(s) and number port(s) PC games use? Also if avalible LINUX games?

Thank you.

A:How do I find Ports that Games Use- Ports That PC Games Use - Listings - Help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-i-find-ports-that-games-use-ports-that-pc-games-use-listings-help.96648/
Relevancy 31.39%

What exactly is Multi-GPU?
What exactly doing?
And how i enable it in my Ati radeon 3870x2?

A:What exactly is Multi-GPU?

Got this from live.com

(MULTIple-Graphics Processing Units) Using two or more display adapters in the same PC to speed up the graphics animation for gamers. NVIDIA's Scalable Link Interface (SLI) and ATI's CrossFire are examples. See GPU, SLI and CrossFire.

So, unless you have two of those cards, you can't enable anything. also, unless your motherboard is capable of SLI or Xfire, you won't do anything by buying two GPU's.

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/198177-what-exactly-multi-gpu.html
Relevancy 31.39%

I want to multi OS my windows 8. Because Microsoft flight X only works on vista, XP and windows 7. So I want to get windows 7 on my PC the easy way. Like installing it with an .exe if possible . So yea I need some help...

A:multi OS :O

Welcome to EightForums.

Note

When dual booting with Windows 8 Preinstalled & Windows 7

Follow Step one to five in this tutorial:
Downgrade Windows 8 to Windows 7
Warning you must have the uEFI/BIOS firmware setting in Step Three set.

Make sure you read the NOTE at Step three.

Warning
If you shrink C: before deleting the OEM Recovery partition, the C: & the new partition may be converted to Dynamic partitions.
You DO NOT WHAT Dynamic partitions.

Than follow this tutorial: (installing in uEFI mode.)
Dual Boot Installation - Windows 8 and Windows 7 or Vista

For Ref:
UEFI (Unified Extensible Firmware Interface) - Install Windows 7 with - Windows 7 Help Forums

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/30619-multi-os-o.html
Relevancy 31.39%

hi im new to me! = MULTI-PC = mpc.exe help there boards so i hope this is the right forum what my problem is is this mpc exe i mpc.exe = MULTI-PC = help me! dont know what it is but its being nasty if i start my regedit the regedit will shut down in seconds same goes for msconfig as well also it wont allow me to shut down or restart my pc now i have removed it from the start up files with regcleaner and can shut down its running app MULTI-PC i the task manager my trojan scanner finds nothing trend micro finds nothing the only hit i get when doing a google search for mpc exe is a site explainging how to use it for script decompiling somehow i dont think whats happening to me is its intended purpose lol if need be i can replace the files mpc exe amp MULTI PC and run hijack this and post the logs now my real question is this am i safe just removing the regi entrys as described above or do i need to take further steps in removing this pest any help is greatly appreciated and ty in advance p s this is the url found while searching for mpc exe on google http www bytecraft com mplabconfnotes html please edit if urls are inappropiate nbsp

Relevancy 31.39%

So here is the comp Regularly operates Vista home premium bit Added XP home upgrade from ME Acer mother GB Master Drive GB Slave Drive Q quad cor Ghz NVidia GeForce OS Multi GT Gig Ram CreAtive Dolby Digital Sound Blaster okay now here is the problem I got the computer with a preinstalled version of Windows Vista home premium x bit I partitioned half of my Master Drive Gigs And installed Windows XP Home Edition Upgrade onto that partition i was hoping for a Multi OS Dual OS at boot screen but as i later realized windows XP does not support Vista's Boot system No error messege occurs it just boots from XP automatically Any ideas on how to fix this keeping in mind i do not have the Vista Multi OS DvD things i have tried -There is NO selection to fix such a problem in the BIOS -the computer management will not let me change which partition is boot only which is system currently it says boot is XP and system is Vista -formatting partition with XP only creates it so boot drive cannot be read and creates an endless loop of attempting to boot then restarting -XP will not allow me to un install Again any assisstance will be greatly appreciated P S I will also be putting this post on the XP threads as well

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/multi-os-312817.html
Relevancy 31.39%
Q: Multi

Logfile of Trend Multi Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exeC Program Files Alwil Multi Software Avast aswUpdSv exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon Multi exeC Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exeC WINDOWS system wscntfy exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http ads bambanner com bc daysads phpO - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - HKLM Run avast C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exeO - HKLM Run ca - d -a cc-d -cc d e eee C WINDOWS System Rundll exe quot C Multi WINDOWS system oklitwstewmrofrrh dll quot DllStubO - HKCU Run SpybotSD TeaTimer C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exeO - HKCU Run ccleaner quot C Program Files CCleaner CCleaner exe quot AUTOO - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exeO - HKCU Run swg C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exeO - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - Extra button no name - d f - f - d - - c a - C WINDOWS bdoscandel exeO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Uninstall BitDefender Online Scanner v - d f - f - d - - c a - C WINDOWS bdoscandel exeO - Extra button no name - DFB A - F - C -A - CAB FD A - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Spybot - Search amp Destroy Configuration - DFB A - F - C -A - CAB FD A - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - Extra button no name - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - C WINDOWS Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exeO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem xpsp res dll - - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - C WINDOWS Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exeO - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeO - Unknown file in Winsock LSP c windows system nwprovau dllO - DPF D ED D- C - B- AE- D FDC FB ActiveScan Installer Class - http acs pandasoftware com activescan cabs as stubie cabO - DPF D DDB -BDF - B- E E-D F EE BDSCANONLINE Control - http download bitdefender com resources scan oscan cabO - DPF B-B - D-A D -FCFDF E C WUWebControl Class - http www update microsoft com windowsupd b O - AppInit DLLs zfeyoc dllO - Service Lavasoft Ad-Aware Service aawservice - Lavasoft - C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exeO - Service Apple Mobile Device - Apple Inc - C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeO - Service avast iAVS Control Service aswUpdSv - ALWIL Software - C Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exeO - Service Ati HotKey Poller - Unknown owner - C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeO - Service avast Antivirus - ALWIL Software - C... Read more

A:Multi

Hi,I see you are running Teatimer.I suggest you to disable it because it can interfere with the changes you'll make on your system.When everything is done and your log is clean again, you can enable it again.If teatimer gives you a warning afterwards that some changes were made, allow this instead of blocking it.How to disable TeaTimer <== click me for instructions.After you disabled Teatimer, download ResetTeaTimer.bat to your desktop. (In case you use Firefox, rightclick the link and choose "save as").Doubleclick ResetTeaTimer.bat and let it run.This will only take a few seconds.Also,I see you have Viewpoint installed...Viewpoint Manager is considered as foistware instead of malware since it is installed without users approval but doesn't spy or do anything "bad". This will change from what we know in 2006 read this article: http://www.clickz.com/news/article.php/3561546I suggest you remove the program now. Go to Start > Settings > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs and remove the following programs if present.ViewpointViewpoint ManagerViewpoint Media PlayerThen, * Please visit this webpage for instructions for downloading and running ComboFix:http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/combofix/how-to-use-combofixThis includes installing the Windows XP Recovery Console in case you have not installed it yet.Post the log from ComboFix when you've accomplished that, along with a new HijackThis log.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/174511/multi/
Relevancy 31.39%

Hello Everyone. I recently been getting pop ups on internet explorer and mozilla. Usually in windows explorer its 40 pop ups at once. I did a virus check and found nothing and scanned with ad aware and found nothing. Is there anything else I can use to stop this from happening? Thanks For all your help.

A:Multi pop ups

You havent given much info to go on, however a few things come to mind

Do you have all the latest service packs and security updates for your OS installed?

Install a popup blocker

Disable the Windows Messenger Service
http://www.grc.com/stm/shootthemessenger.htm

Install SpywareBlaster
http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareblaster.html

Use the HOSTS file to block all manner of unwanted stuff
http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm

Run a scan with CWShredder
http://www.intermute.com/spysubtract/cwshredder_download.html

Install and scan with SuperAntispyware
http://www.superantispyware.com/superantispywarefreevspro.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/multi-pop-ups.593895/
Relevancy 31.39%

So here is the comp Regularly operates Vista home premium bit Added XP home upgrade from ME Acer mother GB Master Drive GB Slave Drive Q quad cor Ghz NVidia GeForce GT Gig Ram CreAtive Dolby Digital Sound Blaster okay now here is the problem I got the computer with a preinstalled version of Windows OS Multi Vista home premium x bit I partitioned half of my Master Drive Gigs And installed Windows XP Home Edition Upgrade Multi OS onto that partition i was hoping for a Dual OS at boot screen but as i later realized windows XP does not support Vista's Boot system No error messege occurs it just boots from XP automatically Any ideas on how to fix this keeping in mind i do not have the Vista DvD things i have tried -There is NO selection to fix such a problem in the BIOS -the computer management will not let me change which partition is boot only which is system currently it says boot is XP and system is Vista -formatting partition with XP only creates it so boot drive cannot be read and creates an endless loop of attempting to boot then restarting -XP will not allow me to un install Again any assisstance will be greatly appreciated P S I will also be putting Multi OS this post on the Vista threads as well

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/multi-os-312819.html
Relevancy 31.39%

I just made a 5GB partition for windows XP. I formatted the hard drive and installed windows 7, then XP

windows 7 made a 100MB system partition. for some reason, that is now the C drive. I tried using EasyBCD to create a multi-boot setup with no luck. before windows loads, a screen flashes saying "boot.ini error" and it loads Windows XP

so right now C: is 100MB system reserved, D: is windows XP, and E: is windows 7

how can I get this fixed?

Relevancy 31.39%

I currently have windows 7 home premium and I usually have about 30 tabs that load when I start my browser. I'm looking for a browser that is good at loading multiple tabs at once. I have tried chrome, opera, firefox, iceweasel, safari, and Internet explorer. I'm wondering if there are anyother web browsers out there that can load multiple tabs at once.

if it helps my computer specs are:
Intel core 2 Quad 2.89GHz
DDR2 4GB RAM
nVidia GTX 275 Graphics
nVidia 750i SLI mother board

I'm not even sure if there is anything faster then I got. I just know that when the webpages are loading my system monitor says the computer isn't working to hard.

A:best multi-tab browser

I'm guessing this is one of those questions that nobody knows the answer to because no one has asked it or thought about it before? or I have really bad wording and everyone is confused.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/298764/best-multi-tab-browser/
Relevancy 31.39%

Hey all,

I'm trying to fix my friends computer. I was going to intstall supieranitspyware on his computer but the cd drive wont open. I tried forcing opening it is the pin but it didnt work.

Anytime i try to open a program the computer will freeze. start bottom doesnt work.
my computer shortcut is gone.
none of the icon work.
nothing will run but very little in task manager.
all advise is good.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/multi-issues-404907.html
Relevancy 31.39%

Hi.
Two days ago I got a new monster computer.
First, I installed Win8 on it and a kept getting BSODs so I moved to Win7.
It was working fine until I kept the computer online for the night and it got 3 BSODs since then.
I attached the dump.
Please help me!

A:Multi OS BSOD

You need a legitimate copy of windows first to receive help from our forum.

Code:
OS Name: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
OS Version: 6.1.7600 N/A Build 7600
OS Manufacturer: Microsoft Corporation
OS Configuration: Standalone Workstation
OS Build Type: Multiprocessor Free
Registered Owner: MrStudent
Registered Organization:
Product ID: 00426-OEM-8992662-00497
Original Install Date: 08/19/2013, 22:05:20
System Boot Time: 08/20/2013, 08:08:55
System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
System Model: Z87X-UD3H
System Type: x64-based PC

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/301843-multi-os-bsod.html
Relevancy 31.39%

Hi I m working on a user manual for our clients it has quite a lot of content and therefore headings sub headings When create automated TOC - it goes over a few pages but the formatting is horrible - want to put certain sections on a page to itself with main headers on top of each page Not sure how to describe it all sorry and feel rather silly that don t know much about automated table of contents An example - In header on top of each page have - User Manual - Table of Contents Within TOC page have Estimating - sub headings - sub headings this goes over Multi-page help TOC pages then to appear on page to itself Job Costing - sub headings Accounting - sub headings Letter Writer - sub headings General - Multi-page TOC help sub headings would prefer that it s all in one multi-page TOC rather than separate TOC s in each section when section the TOC itself to get to appear how I d like it to look as soon as click on quot update table quot - update entire table - it goes back to how it used to look Help please Ozdeb nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/multi-page-toc-help.1013916/
Relevancy 31.39%

Hi all,

I'm pretty up on hardware but have been asked to build a PC for my nephew and he's asked for something I know nowt about.....multi monitor setup..

What he wants is a dual monitor setup. That's fine, I can sort that. I know what I'm doing from that aspect. I've only ever built multi monitor setups for sound engineers before who are essentially using one desktop split across the screens.

My nephew however wants a seyup like this so he can play games on one monitor and have the internet / youtube on te other mon. Bearing in mind most games wont run in windowed mode...is this even possible? Or should I advise him to save his cash and just go for a single mon.

Ta

Peaker

A:Multi Monitor Help

Yes. Simply "Extend" the desktop onto the second screen. Should be the same as you have already done in the past. Games will on the primary screen, but the second screen can still be used for other applications. Just ensure you get a gpu with the port types needed for the monitors.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/multi-monitor-help.1151078/
Relevancy 31.39%

Maybe this is in the wrong section. If so, please move.

Is it possible to make a multiboot CD that would contain say, Macrium Rescue, MemTest 86+ and 2 or 3 HDD manufacturers testing tools?

I've made bootable discs in the past but cannot find a definitive tutorial on creating multiboots.

TIA

A:Multi-boot Cd or DVD

1) You can try downloading UBCD (freeware) and adding macrium rescue to it. See if this page helps.

Ultimate Boot CD &bull; View topic - Adding Macrium Reflect Rescue Free to UBCD 5

2) Another thing you can try is the Shardana AV rescue disk, which apparently already has Memtest amd macrium rescue integrated.

Shardana Antivirus Rescue Disk Utility 1.0.7.3d - Changelog - Softpedia

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/107440-multi-boot-cd-dvd.html
Relevancy 31.39%

Hey there,

Is there a way I can make my music play through one channel (Through speakers) and have my skype call go through a different channel (Through headphones) ?

So what I am trying to say is, have different sound playing out of the headphones than the speakers?

Thanks.

A:Multi-Channel help

Hi and welcome to seven forums.

Yes there is , but you will need to buy a soundcard for your pc assuming it is a pc?

I bought a cheap one for ?10 a pci e soundcard.

I have my game sounds running though the speakers and voice chat through my headphones.

You need the onboard sound for 1 and the pci e one for the other.

Cheers

Paul.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/183403-multi-channel-help.html
Relevancy 31.39%

Hi Guys!

Is there any software that can handle multiple messengers at a time. Ofcourse there is Trillian, but I want one that can handle Yahoo, ICQ, MSN and GMail atleast.

Chao...

Relevancy 31.39%

I needed Multi Yahoo.. Can anyone pass on some link for downloading Multi Y!Messenger.. I have no idea wether this is legal or illegal.. PLZ HELP !

A:In need of Multi Yahoo..Plz Help !

Google is your friend: http://www.google.ca/search?q=multi...ient=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official

I think its illegal, don't see why it would be but...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/in-need-of-multi-yahoo-plz-help.501674/
Relevancy 31.39%

Hello,after installing Windows 7 64 Bit (Pro) start to have some problems when i am playing game ( LoL , L2 online games ) , I dont know what to do atm really this thing pissing me off!

Thanks

anyway the info is in the below this pc is 15+ months old

Intel Core 2 Quad Q8300 2.50 Ghz
4 Gb ram
4850 512 mb Radeon (Ati) graphip card
Asus P5Q s775 DDr2 P45

A:Multi Bsod

16 memory dumps over the last 3 days
8 different STOP error codes, blaming 5 different causes
This one is most likely either a hardware problem or a video driver problem - but let's address a number of other issues also....

FYI - the Asus P5 series of boards have had some issues with memory in Win7, Please visit the Asus support site and the RAM manufacturer's support site to get the proper settings/timings/voltages for your RAM (don't use "Auto").

Also, the Asus boards have known BSOD issues with the ASACPI.sys drivers that are dated from 2005 (which you have on your system). Visit this link: http://support.asus.com/download/dow...ge=en-us&os=30
and look under the Utilities section for the "ATK0110 driver for WindowsXP/Vista/Win7 32&64-bit". Download and install that utility.

I would suggest visiting the ATI website ( http://www.ati.com ) and downloading the latest version of the ATI Display Driver (DO NOT download the entire Catalyst Control Center).
Then uninstall the current ATI stuff from your system - and then install the freshly downloaded Display Drivers.

Once all that is done, sit back and wait for the next BSOD. If you're impatient, you can run these free diagnostics:

Quote:

H/W Diagnostics:
Please start by running these bootable hardware diagnostics:
http://www.carrona.org/memdiag.html (read the details at the link)
http://www.carrona.org/hddiag.html (read the details at the link)

Also, please run one of these free, independent online malware scans to ensure that your current protection hasn't been compromised: http://www.carrona.org/malware.html (read the details at the link)

Then, if the above tests pass, I'd try these free stress tests:

Quote:

FurMark download site: http://www.ozone3d.net/benchmarks/fur/
FurMark Setup:
- If you have more than one GPU, select Multi-GPU during setup
- In the Run mode box, select "Stability Test" and "Log GPU Temperature"
Click "Go" to start the test
- Run the test until the GPU temperature maxes out - or until you start having problems (whichever comes first).
- Click "Quit" to exit

Quote:

Prime95 download site: http://www.mersenne.org/freesoft/
Prime95 Setup:
- extract the contents of the zip file to a location of your choice
- double click on the executable file
- select "Just stress testing"
- select the "Blend" test. If you've already run MemTest overnight you may want to run the "Small FFTs" test instead. (run all 3 if you find a problem and note how long it takes to error out with each)
- "Number of torture test threads to run" should equal the number of CPU's times 2 (if you're using hyperthreading).
The easiest way to figure this out is to go to Task Manager...Performance tab - and see the number of boxes under CPU Usage History
Then run the test for 6 to 24 hours - or until you get errors (whichever comes first).
This won't necessarily crash the system - but check the output in the test window for errors.
The Test selection box and the stress.txt file describes what components that the program stresses.

BSOD BUGCHECK SUMMARY
Code:

Built by: 7600.16539.amd64fre.win7_gdr.100226-1909
Debug session time: Sat Jul 10 11:56:37.251 2010 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 1:12:33.609
BugCheck 1000007E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff8800435fcee, fffff88005fa4668, fffff88005fa3ed0}
Probably caused by : dxgmms1.sys ( dxgmms1!VIDMM_GLOBAL::ReferenceAllocationForPreparation+22 )
PROCESS_NAME: System
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x7E
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Built by: 7600.16539.amd64fre.win7_gdr.100226-1909
Debug session time: Sat Jul 10 09:55:08.179 2010 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 2:31:14.537
BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff880043a9507, fffff8800... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/multi-bsod-496501.html
Relevancy 31.39%

Please help with multi-pops comLogfile of Trend Micro HijackThis Multi-pops.com Help With Please v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC Please Help With Multi-pops.com WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system Please Help With Multi-pops.com lsass exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exeC Program Files Symantec AntiVirus DefWatch exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Symantec AntiVirus Rtvscan exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exeC WINDOWS system fxssvc exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X E FATI HA EXEC Program Files Java j re bin jusched exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared WkUFind exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC PROGRA MUSICM MUSICM MMDiag exeC Program Files Intel Modem Event Monitor IntelMEM exeC Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DVDLauncher exeC WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exeC Program Files MUSICMATCH Musicmatch Jukebox mim exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exeC PROGRA SYMANT VPTray exeC Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware avgas exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC WINDOWS system wuauclt exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - URLSearchHook no name - F B - C- -A B -D BD DCBB - no file R - URLSearchHook no name - D F -B FE- -BF - AB D D - no file R - URLSearchHook no name - CFBFAE - A - D - CB- C FD - no file R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO Yahoo IE Services Button - BAB B B- BC- B - D - FC DE A - C Program Files Yahoo Common yiesrvc dllO - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS system dla tfswshx dllO - BHO no name - AD DB - E - A- D -A BA - C WINDOWS system mljjj dll file missing O - BHO b ea df- cce- a-bb - c b b - b b -c - bb-a -ecc fd ae b - C WINDOWS system ljlpifax dll file missing O - BHO no name - FA BEFD - F - F -B -E E B D D - C WINDOWS system vturo dll file missing O - HKLM Run EPSON Stylus Photo RX Series quot C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X E FATI HA EXE quot P quot EPSON Stylus Photo RX Series quot O quot USB quot M quot Stylus Photo RX quot O - HKLM Run UserFaultCheck systemroot system dumprep -uO - HKLM Run UpdateManager quot C Program Files Common Files Sonic Update Manager sgtray exe quot rO - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osbootO - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run REGSHAVE quot C Program Files REGSHAVE REGSHAVE EXE quot AUTORUNO - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottimeO - HKLM Run PinnacleDriverCheck quot C WINDOWS system PSDrvCheck exe quot -CheckRegO - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exeO - HKLM Run MimBoot C PROGRA MUSICM MUSICM mimboot exeO - HKLM Run Microsoft Works Update Detection quot C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared WkUFind exe quot O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run IntelMeM quot C Program Files Intel Modem Event Monitor IntelMEM exe quot O - HKLM Run DVDLauncher quot C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DVDLauncher exe quot O - HKLM Run dla C WINDOWS syste... Read more

A:Please Help With Multi-pops.com

Hello dsat,Welcome to Bleeping Computer 1. Download this file - combofix.exe http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/sUBs/ComboFix.exe http://www.forospyware.com/sUBs/ComboFix.exe http://subs.geekstogo.com/ComboFix.exe2. Double click combofix.exe & follow the prompts.3. When finished, it will produce a log for you. Post that log in your next reply please, along with a new HijackThis log.Note:Do not mouseclick combofix's window while it's running. That may cause it to stall.Thanks,tea

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/127166/please-help-with-multi-popscom/
Relevancy 31.39%

To begin I am taking classes online and as I was conducting some research I went into a website to view a book online as the website was loading it took way longer than it usually does when I tried to close out the window I ended up having to force close it After I force closed the window I began having virus notifications pop up with warnings saying keyloggers detected get protection now or trojan virus detected get protection now Since I had an anti virus software already I tried running that but when I opened it the computer would restart After rebooting it many times a program finally opened called AV which does not do anything to help me Xp issues multi help please After researching it turns out this is not a Microsoft Program as it claimed to be but more like a virus or spyware I rebooted the computer in safe mode removed it with my virus software but now it will not let me log it I keep getting the message my copy of windows is not activated and I have days left to activate it I tried reinstalling windows but it still will not let Xp help please multi issues me log on with my CD Key Now I am trying to get into my registry to see where this issue is coming from and I can't even open my registry I click run type in regedit and nothing happens I do not have internet access on that computer since it will only operate and allow me to log on in safe mode Please help me

A:Xp help please multi issues

Hello fair14

Below is a method which should allow you run regedit, but you will have to download it with your other machine and then transfer it over.
The fix might not "stick" after a reboot until the malware has been removed. Please be aware of that.

Go here
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/file_assoc.htm
Click "EXE File Association Fix"

You will have to follow the instructions under NOTE

Activation problem
Try these
1. The Product Activation data is kept in c:\windows\system32\wpa.dbl
Boot into Safe Mode and delete
wpa.dbl
wpa.bak

OR
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/312295/en-us

I don`t know how much of that you will manage as you will have to go to our Virus Removal Forum to get help removing that malware
Please read ?Virus/Trojan/Spyware Removal Help ? and follow the instructions very carefully; then, post all the requested logs and information in the Virus Help Forum
If you cannot complete any step, just miss it out and do what you can, but be sure to include this information in your post.
Please ensure that you create a new thread in the Virus Help Forum; not back here in this one.

Please be patient, as the Security Team Analysts are usually very busy; one of them will answer your request as soon as they can.

Good luck.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-help-please-multi-issues-412029.html
Relevancy 31.39%

I am attempting to install the following:
1) 31/2 floppy
2) 51/4 floppy
3) Master hard drive
4) hard drive for data storage
5) CD-Rom
6) 120 MEG Superdisk
This is a special project where all are required.
When I attempt to access the 31/2 or 51/4 I get a message saying the "disk is not formatted - format now". I know the disk is a good disk. They work on another computer.
The 120 Superdisk is recognized at "boot up" but not in "My Computer" nor "Windows Explorer" The CD-ROM has a strange sound constantly from boot up to shut down and at shut down gives a "ding, ding, ding". Other than the strange sounds I can hear othe sounds from audio CDs.
I have an Amptron motherboard with a Cyrix 686, 150 CPU, Avance Sound Board.
HELP!
Thanks.

A:multi drives

did you set the drives so that a: is master and b: slave with the jumpers on back end of drives?? And the same with the other 2 drives?? Also did you check in windows to see if they are conflicting? Look in control panel then system and under device manager for either a ? or ! This will let you know if they are conflicting with something else. Also you may try removing them from device manager and let windows reinstall them

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/multi-drives.34257/
Relevancy 31.39%

I'm interested in a few things re: booting...

I would like to be able to have multiple win8 installs on the same machine...in fact, if I could boot win8 from USB or external HD ... so much the better...

I'm also interested in setting up linux (1 or more) as part of my multi-boot system.

Looking for suggestions, pointers, etc...

I know the safeboot and other new features of the hard drive structure can make this trickier than it used to be...I'm also not sure which versions of linux require to be in specific places within the boot order.

Any help, greatly appreciated (I'm not averse to paying for products, either, if that's what it will take.)

Thanks very much!

MakeItBEtter

A:Multi-boot in Win 8 ...

http://blog.laptopmag.com/how-to-dual-boot-windows-8-1-preview

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/539549/multi-boot-in-win-8/
Relevancy 31.39%

All,

I have to simulate a lab envrionment for two LAN's connected to each other via a Multihomed PC.

I currently have 2 server's in each environment running Windows server 2003 (RolesC, DNS, DHCP) & Exchange 2003 along with 3 workstations running XP SP2. This is true of the second LAN as well.
Each network is connected to a desktop switch. I can see each network fine with no issues from any PC. Exchange is up and running as well.

Network A: 10.10.10.x
Mask: 255.255.255.0
DC: 10.10.10.10
Exchange: 10.10.10.11

Network B: 10.10.11.x
Mask: 255.255.255.255
DC: 10.10.11.10
Exchange: 10.10.11.10

Question is how do I setup the 2 NICS on the multihomed PC to be able to talk with the networks?

A:Multi Homed PC

Is this for homework?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/multi-homed-pc.1018769/
Relevancy 31.39%

I have 2 hard drives a 40 and a 80 and I have pro on both of them. When I start my computer it has a multiple boot screeen where I can boot this hard drive or this one Is tehre any chance I can get rid of this screen?

Relevancy 31.39%

hi i'm new here and in need of help my computer when multi IE one open... only is running slower than usual when i'm running IE- i run out of memory and get C errors task manager says i'm running more than one IE sometimes up to at a time thank you in advance for your help DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by multi IE when only one open... Admin at on Tue Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV Norton AntiVirus On-access scanning enabled Updated E A - - -B - C C F Running Processes F WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe F WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe svchost exe F WINDOWS system spoolsv exe svchost exe F WINDOWS system cisvc exe F Program Files Norton AntiVirus Norton AntiVirus Engine ccSvcHst exe F WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc F WINDOWS system fxssvc exe F Program Files Norton AntiVirus Norton AntiVirus Engine ccSvcHst exe F WINDOWS Explorer EXE F WINDOWS system ctfmon exe F Program Files NETGEAR WG v wlancfg exe F WINDOWS system cidaemon exe F Program Files Windows Live Toolbar wltuser exe F Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE F Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE F Documents and Settings Admin My Documents dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp my yahoo com uSearch Bar about blank mSearch Bar about blank uInternet Settings ProxyOverride local BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - f program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - f - d - - d f - f progra spybot SDHelper dll BHO C C A-E - b - D - CECB - No File BHO Symantec Intrusion Prevention d ec - aae- -aeee-f f c - f program files norton antivirus norton antivirus engine IPSBHO DLL BHO Search Helper ebf - f- bff-a f-b e aac b - f program files microsoft search enhancement pack search helper SEPsearchhelperie dll BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper d - c - abf- ecc- c - f program files common files microsoft shared windows live WindowsLiveLogin dll BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - f program files java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO Windows Live Toolbar Helper e a dc - - a - ea-dc ec acf - f program files windows live toolbar wltcore dll BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - f program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll TB amp Windows Live Toolbar fa ef- d- d - b f- a d - f program files windows live toolbar wltcore dll TB C E A- F - E-B E- B - No File uRun Weather f program files aws weatherbug Weather exe mRun MSConfig f windows pchealth helpctr binaries MSConfig exe auto StartupFolder f docume alluse startm programs startup netgea lnk - f program files netgear wg v wlancfg exe IE E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - f progra micros office EXCEL EXE IE e e dd -d - - b -f ba - windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe IE E EB -F - -A BA-FE C C - f program files icq ICQ exe IE FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - f program files messenger msmsgs exe IE C - CB - a-A C -D FCDDC D - F B - A - F - DB-E F AEC - f program files windows live writer WriterBrowserExtension dll IE B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - FF E -CC A- E E-BF B- E D - f progra micros office REFIEBAR DLL IE DFB A - F - C -A - CAB FD A - - F - D - - D F - f progra spybot SDHelper dll Trusted Zone microsoft com update Trusted Zone microsoft com update Trusted Zone windowsupdate com download DPF ActiveGS cab - hxxp www virtualapple org gs cab DPF B EF- C - CA-BFBA- A E - hxxps support microsoft com OAS ActiveX MSDcode cab DPF E F - B - D - - BD D - hxxp support gateway com support profiler PCPitStop CAB DPF -C A- E-A -C C BBF - hxxp download microsoft com download C C C CBBA -A F - D - B E- D LegitCheckControl cab DPF ED - B- DA -BF -BE C EC - hxxp cdn scan onecare live com resource download scanner wlscbase cab DPF E A- D- EE - C-DC FA D FC - hxxp update microsoft com microsoftupdate v V Controls en x client muweb site cab DPF E B B- AE - A-B D -DA CF E A - hxxp zone msn com bingame luxr default mjolauncher cab DPF B D -BC - BCF-B A - E FD CFA - ... Read more

A:multi IE when only one open...

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer.My name is Syler, I will be helping you to solve your Malware issues. Whilst I am helping you, I wouldbe grateful if you would note the following: Please do not run other tools or scans unless I ask you to and follow all the steps I give you, in order.
Copy and paste all logs requested in you reply, Do not attach them unless asked too.
If you don't know or understand something, please don't hesitate to say or ask before you proceed with my instructions.
Please continue to work with me, until I tell you your machine appears to be clean. Absence of symptoms does not mean that everything is clear.
If I do not hear back from you within 5 days of my last post, then this topic will be closed.Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from HereNote: If you already have Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, just update then run it.Double Click mbam-setup.exe to install the application.Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.Once the program has loaded, select "Perform Full Scan", then click Scan (the scan may take some time to finish, so please be patient).When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart.(See Extra Note)The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and Paste the entire report in your next reply .Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove,you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts, click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process,if asked to restart the computer,please do so immediatly.NextDownload random's system information tool (RSIT) by random/random from here and save it to your desktop.Double click on RSIT.exe to run RSIT.Click Continue at the disclaimer screen.Once it has finished, two logs will open. Please post the contents of both log.txt (<<will be maximized) and info.txt (<<will be minimized)Then please post back here with the following: MBAM log log.txt info.txtThanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/243205/multi-ie-when-only-one-open/
Relevancy 31.39%

hi. i know this is probably not the right forum to post in but does anyone know where i can get a multi region hack for a SHARP DV-S1H dvd player?
thanx.

A:dvd multi region

Originally posted by factor:
hi. i know this is probably not the right forum to post in but does anyone know where i can get a multi region Free for a SHARP DV-S1H dvd player?
thanx. Click to expand...
You can try this place

http://www.divx-digest.com/software/index.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-multi-region.113043/
Relevancy 31.39%

I don't know where to post this so here goes...

I have 3 operating systems loaded on my computer, XP x32, Vista 64x, and Seven 64x. My drive has 4 partitions, a small chunk for each OS, and 800 GB of Library space (where I install all my programs also). My question is how do I use the same programs across the 3 platforms? For example, if I want to use my antivirus software that I installed on Seven from Vista, it won't let me. Or things like WinRAR and video codecs for that matter. I think this has to do with the dll type files that are installed into the windows directory and maybe even registry entries that aren't carried over. I've done some searching but got nothing.

Any way of doing this besides installing the programs while logged on from each OS? If I do this, what will happen to my existing copy?

A:Multi-OS System?

in the majority of cases you cannot use the same installed program across platforms. They require, as you said specific registry entries and files from the specific os installed in.

In addition you may need to purchase separate licenses on some programs if you install more than once.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/multi-os-system-370129.html
Relevancy 31.39%

I have XP on my main drive and Me on the other. I want to set up a multi boot, but I forgot the correct syntax for Boot.ini.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/multi-boot-xp-and-me.325793/
Relevancy 31.39%

How can I know if a dvd-r is open for multi-session. The last dvd-r (not rw) I tried to add files to overwrote or something. The files that were on it were not there after next burn session. Where is option in Img Burn Free for multi -session ?
Thanks !!!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-r-multi-session.1122380/
Relevancy 31.39%

Is it possible to multi boot with an SSD, I was thinking about getting one, possibly 80gb, I have a triple boot system, and don't really want to lose them.

Relevancy 31.39%

I posted a question the other day about using the correct Boot.ini settings for setting up a multi boot with XP and Me. What I should have specified was that I have XP on my main drive and Me on the other(not a dual boot on the same drive). I just can't remember the right syntax to set it up.

A:XP and Me multi boot

It's not as simple as adding a Boot.ini file. The problem is that ME can only boot from the primary master C drive. The way it should be done, is to have ME bootable and then INSTALL XP. XP's setup will do all the work. But, I'm not saying it can't be done. Excellent instructions here:DualBoot
It makes a big difference whether XP is FAT or NTFS. Study it carefully before you start. Have ME and XP bootable install disks, just in case. Make sure they work. Back up all important data, first. Good luck.
moper

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-and-me-multi-boot.326187/
Relevancy 31.39%

Hi, I want to run 3 monitors one PC, I am running 2 at the mo,
but require another, (Trading) not gaming
Can someone give some advice on a Graphic Card that will run 3 monitors in Win 7

Thanx
gary

I think I might have a triple core cpu and 2 gig of the memory stick but thats about my limit.

A:Multi Screen

Hi Gazz have a look here for ATI; Help Me Choose a Radeon Graphics Card

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/178109-multi-screen.html
Relevancy 31.39%

After having upgraded my machine specs are at the bottom of this post COD UO refuses to work every time I try to start a game the game freezes after the team select screen everytime I have the latest drivers for everything installed direct x et al I have tried a different modem I have also tried it with the firewall and virus killer and anti-spyware disabled up Multi UO Locking COD in The game works fine in single player mode and it will work offline in multiplayer this problem COD UO Locking up in Multi only happens when the game is online and in multiplayer Some would suggest it s a drivers thing but I m running the same drivers as before I upgraded my hardware modem etc and the game ran fine Also a friend has the exact same setup as mine and the game runs fine on his machine Any ideas Machine specs are - AMD Athlon GB Corsair Ram GB Maxtor SATA HD GB Maxtor HD GB Maxtor HD Geforce GT PCI-e LiteOn x DVD Burner Tagan w PSU Windows XP Home Ed with SP nbsp

A:COD UO Locking up in Multi

Hiya

Are you still having this problem? If so, have you installed the latest patch for CODUO:

http://www.callofduty.com/patch/

Also, do you have Punkbuster enabled, as many servers won't allow you on unless you have it running? I play CODUO online, and apart from the high ping as I play the Americans server, that was the only thing I had problems with before, as in the patch.

Also, have you tried different servers? Some of the bigger Clan servers may be populated, but usually its a paid server, so they're more than likely to be a stable system.

Also, try disabling your firewall and virus scanner. These can conflict big time online. You're only downloading maps, which are with the extension pk3. If you're not using a software firewall, see if you have XP's running:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/283673

Regards

eddie

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cod-uo-locking-up-in-multi.412759/
Relevancy 31.39%

I have a widescreen monitor and a 5:4 monitor. I use the widescreen monitor as my primary monitor and for my XBOX 360. The problem is that When I unplug the widescreen to plug in the XBOX360, the 5:4 becomes the primary, and all of my settings for the widescreen are reset. Is there a program/way to force windows to keep the widescreen active even when it is disconnected?

Vista Ultimate
Radeon X1800 XT
Widescreen - Acer VGA monitor with DVI to VGA adapter
5:4 - Dell DVI monitor

A:Multi Monitor help

If you never installed monitor specific drivers and windows is using a generic driver, then that could cause your problem.
If you had the correct driver installed for the monitor it should save your info for when you plug it back in.
There is not a way to keep your second monitor from becoming the primary because the computer needs it and does this automatically to give you a display when the primary is unplugged.

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/144125-multi-monitor-help.html
Relevancy 31.39%

Hi,
A mate of mine owns a bar and wanted me to set up 3 different screens running off the same pc at the same time.
What i wanted to know is there any software that can do this?
My first thought was of CubeDeskTop but i quickly dismissed it becasue only the window in view can play videos,which is a must.

So is there any software that can let me basically 3 virtual desktops,which are able to run videos to multiple screens at the same time?

Thanks
Dan

Relevancy 31.39%

I have a copy of XP that I installed on my desktop a few years ago and I wanted to install it on a laptop I own also. I was under the impression that I needed a seperate licensed copy for each machine that I want to install it on. However after listening to a podcast I hear that Microsoft will allow me to use 1 licensed copy to install on both machines, as long as these are both my machines used only for my own use.

Is this correct? So if I install XP on this laptop I wont get a hassle when I go to activate it?

Any clairification would be great, because I cant find anything on the Microsoft site regarding this..

A:XP Multi install

Hi, No, you have old information....with XP, it is ONE machine only per copy! Though, you can still multi-install with older operating systems in the manner you wish to.
With OfficeXP> you can also multi-install to a laptop.

You will have activation problems if you install XP on another computer while it is installed and activated on one already.

http://www.pcstats.com/articleview.cfm?articleid=1435&page=5

Product Activation

Windows Product Activation is an anti-software piracy measure that Microsoft has instituted to prevent casual copying of the Windows XP operating system. In simple terms, once you have installed XP using your original License key, you have a 30-day grace period in which to activate this license, after which XP will not be usable until it is activated. You may initially activate your copy of Windows through the Internet or over the phone.

Your License will remain activated until one of the following happens:

You re-install Windows XP on the same computer, erasing the hard-drive - In this case you will have to call Microsoft to re-activate the license, but as long as the configuration of your PC has not changed, you are allowed unlimited re-activations.

You install the same copy of XP on a different computer - The new installation will not be activated, and will have the 30-day grace period. At this point, you will have to telephone Microsoft, since Internet product activation will no longer work after the first activation. Installing XP on a new computer appears to be a violation of the Windows XP End-User License Agreement, however.

You change the hardware configuration of your PC beyond a certain amount - When you activate your XP license, you provide an installation ID, which is generated from a combination of the Product ID key from your license, and a numeric hash derived from certain system components.

The video card, IDE controller, network adaptor(s), RAM amount, processor type (and serial number), Hard-drive type (and serial number), and optical drive(s). It is unclear what the tolerated amount of change is, although it is cumulative. Once you have exceeded this amount, XP will require reactivation by phone. Unlike transferring XP to a new computer though, upgrading the original computer is not a violation of the EULA, and users are supposedly allowed up to 4 reactivations by phone per year.

When activating XP by phone, the operating system will provide you with a 50-digit installation ID, as detailed above, which needs to be provided to the Microsoft rep in exchange for an activation number which is entered into the OS.

That's about everything you need to know about installing Microsoft Windows XP. Explore it yourself. As you can see it is quite different in presentation from previous Windows versions.Click to expand...

I know that isn't the actual MS page> but it's good enough.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-multi-install.414204/
Relevancy 31.39%

I need to begin by stating that my computer has not allowed me to run any of the diagnostic tools that have been supplied in this forum My Vipre virus software is running I have turned it off as recommended when trying to dl and run the diagnostic software This means that I have no logs to display Also Hi Im having random audio advertisments and sounds not previously downloaded on my hard drive some commercials Crazy stuff I tracked it down to instances of IE that keep popping up in the task manager It will occur even if i am not using IE If i cancel it out in the task manager the sound stream stops but it will reappear in a few seconds If you just sit and watch the Task Manager processes window you will see iexplorer bouncing in and out on its own like some kind of sub-atomic particle in Hyperspace Then it will stay there for a Multi-problems seconds and play another audio stream before disappearing again into the ether I know when Multi-problems its about it do it because my screen will redraw If im typing the cursor will disappear and i have to click on the screen to get it back Or if im watching a video in full screen it will switch back to normal view I can then press the full screen button to restore the video but it will return to normal view in a few moments because of whatever is going on Im using Vipre It worked very well until in did something stupid and turned it off one day and forgot to turn it back on for days System retore has in fact been routed and other anti-malware programs like malwarebytes' will not in stall now Please Advise Thank You

A:Multi-problems

Please run this program:

Download OTL to your DesktopDouble click on the icon to run it. Make sure all other windows are closed and to let it run uninterrupted.
When the window appears, underneath Output at the top change it to Minimal Output.
Check the boxes beside LOP Check and Purity Check.
Under the Custom Scan box paste this in

netsvcs
%SYSTEMDRIVE%\*.exe
/md5start
eventlog.dll
scecli.dll
netlogon.dll
cngaudit.dll
sceclt.dll
ntelogon.dll
logevent.dll
iaStor.sys
nvstor.sys
atapi.sys
IdeChnDr.sys
viasraid.sys
AGP440.sys
vaxscsi.sys
nvatabus.sys
viamraid.sys
nvata.sys
nvgts.sys
iastorv.sys
ViPrt.sys
eNetHook.dll
ahcix86.sys
KR10N.sys
nvstor32.sys
ahcix86s.sys
nvrd32.sys
symmpi.sys
adp3132.sys
/md5stop
%systemroot%\*. /mp /s
%systemroot%\system32\*.dll /lockedfiles
%systemroot%\Tasks\*.job /lockedfiles
%systemroot%\system32\drivers\*.sys /lockedfiles
%systemroot%\System32\config\*.sav
CREATERESTOREPOINT

Click the Quick Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan wont take long.When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt. These are saved in the same location as OTL.
Please copy (Edit->Select All, Edit->Copy) the contents of these files, one at a time, and post them in your next reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/multi-problems-456428.html
Relevancy 31.39%

Hi I have just bought a radeon HD 5770, with the idea of using 3 monitors, mainly to work, but perhaps to play the odd game, however I can get 2 monitors to work, but not the 3rd, monitors 1, 2, 3,
2nd monitor being the centre with the icons etc, no problem with the 2nd monitor, but I either can get monitor 1 or monitor 3, but not them both, can someone let me know what I am doing wrong,

Thanx in advance

A:Multi Screens

You need to connect them in one of the following,

1. DVI, DVI, displayport

2. DVI, HDMI, displayport

You can not run 3 at the same time using DVI/DVI/HDMI, and if none of your monitors has a displayport then you need one of these,

Newegg.com - DIAMOND 5450PE512 Radeon HD 5450 &#40;Cedar&#41; 512MB 64-bit DDR2 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready Low Profile Ready Video Card

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/182753-multi-screens.html
Relevancy 31.39%

Hi! i need HELP! ive been trying to solve this for ages!

i have Nvidia GEFORCE 7100GS and i got a new LCD now and i want to extend desktop. i plugged the monitor. in the NVIDIA control panel 'inside Multiple display' i only have SINGLE Monitor Listed! and i can CHOOSE which monitor 2 use. BOTH INSTALLED. and i can get both to work when i choose. BUT I CANT get them to WORK TOGETHER.

i tried and installed the latest drivers, i reinstalled the driver like 10 times already different versions. still SAME THING! HELP!

A:Multi Display! HELP!!!

My NVidia has an application with it that requires set up for Dual - Extended - or Cloning of the monitors? I boot in the normal system with LCD and then set it up from there. Have you done that? Jazz

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/multi-display-help.805876/
Relevancy 31.39%

I'm having a problem with Windows XP. Every time I start up, I can only run one program. Then when I close that program and try to run something else XP won't run it. XP doesn't lock up. The pointer justs switch to a pointer+hourglass like it's trying to load up but then nothing happens, and to run another program I have to reset my computer again. It's really frustrating. It started happening a couple of weeks ago. I thought viruses were causing it, so I ran several different virus scans both online and using AntiVir. I found and deleted a number of viruses but the problem persists. In one of the virus scans I did find that taskmgr is infected and it was unable to be repaired. I think this is the cause of it b/c taskmgr won't open up either. Is there any way I can re-install taskmgr?

A:Can't Multi-task.

Try running a System Restore.

Access it by selecting Start, All Programs, Accesories, System Tools.

Select a restore to a date before the problem begun.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-multi-task.471120/
Relevancy 31.39%

Hi I had a multi-BSOD with a multi causes i don't know what the cause of the BSOD I bought this computer a week ago and it is a fresh install OS Name Microsoft Windows Ultimate Version Build Other OS Description Not Available OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Name AHMAD-PC System Manufacturer System manufacturer System Model System Product Name System Type x -based PC Processor Intel R Core TM i multi-BSOD CPU GHz Mhz Core s Logical Processor s BIOS Version Date American Megatrends Inc SMBIOS Version Windows Directory C Windows System Directory C Windows multi-BSOD system Boot Device Device HarddiskVolume Locale United States Hardware Abstraction Layer Version quot quot User Name Ahmad-PC Ahmad Time Zone Arabian Standard Time Installed Physical Memory RAM GB Total Physical Memory GB Available Physical Memory GB multi-BSOD Total Virtual Memory GB Available Virtual Memory GB Page File Space GB Page File C pagefile sys ---------------------------------------------------- I ran a memory test quot Windows Memory Diagnostic quot ended with on error

A:multi-BSOD

Hi and Welcome to SF!

There are 2 things that I suspect from the dmp files. First of all is your graphic card since directX was blamed and the stop code is graphic card related. SO let's try to re-install the graphic card first
When upgrading your graphic driver you MUST remove all traces of the current driver. In order to do that we recommend using Guru3D - Driver Sweeper

When it is removed then download and install the fresh copy.

Secondly, Third party antivirus are notorious for causing BSODs. let's try to remove Norton/Symantec for testing purpose:
Download and run the Norton Removal Tool to uninstall your Norton product

Try MSE for now, it's free and well-known for BSODs free, good for testing:
http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials

Are you overclocking anything?

Please run system file check:
SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

Regard,

Tuan

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/107182-multi-bsod.html
Relevancy 31.39%

heyas, trying to get this to work under XP, but am having some problems

i got it to work in winme with no trouble at all, but in xp i get "This device cannot start. (Code 10)" on the second vid card

the pc's a lil old, sis6326agp is the main vid/s3trio64v is in a pci slot, setting the pci to be the main vid card start's up in xp, but then my agp gives the previous error "This device cannot start. (Code 10)"

got the latest drivers for both.. any help would be appreciated

- Ki Shodar

A:multi monitor in xp

Is the AGP video on the motherboard or is it an add-on card?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/multi-monitor-in-xp.90169/
Relevancy 31.39%

Anyone heard anything about Nvidia possibly adding multi-monitor support for SLI any time soon? I just purchased a second 8800GTS 512 and SLI'd it up with my old one, but to my dismay, I couldn't use both of my screens anymore. Not in SLI mode anyway...

Why would Nvidia do this to me?

A:Multi-Monitors and SLI

MetalX said:

Anyone heard anything about Nvidia possibly adding multi-monitor support for SLI any time soon? I just purchased a second 8800GTS 512 and SLI'd it up with my old one, but to my dismay, I couldn't use both of my screens anymore. Not in SLI mode anyway...

Why would Nvidia do this to me? Click to expand...

There is a workaround I used with my 8800GT SLI to make use of two more monitors alongside my SLI configuration. I had an identical board, as well.

The idea revolves around a third GPU (Anything will do, so a cheap 8400GS would work fine. I used my old EVGA 7800GT) and tricking the driver. If you want, I can dig up the link to the workaround from somewhere.

You cannot do it with only the two SLI'ed cards, and I haven't heard anything about additional monitor support. This is quite annoying, since there is a serviceable workaround and dual GPU cards like the 9800GX2 are essentially SLI, but with multi-monitor support. Both mean it is possible, so I don't know why it was not implemented.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/multi-monitors-and-sli.112722/
Relevancy 31.39%

recently i installed XP on multi problems my comp and was given a compatibility report which said i needed drivers for certain things one of them being my intel-graphics card which i did and afterwards i have tried to play afew games on my comp and it is really struggling with keeping up as it jerks its way through most of the d games so i had a look in the device manager section and had a good look at all the intel devices and noticed the following did not have drivers installed Intel r AA LPC Interface Controller direct memory accsess controler says this device has no drivers installed and this applys to the following devices too Microsoft ACPI-Compliant System intel r firmware hub device Intel r AA LPC Interface Controller mptherboard resourses Intel r AA LPC Interface Controller numeric data process Intel r AA LPC Interface Controller programable interupt controller Microsoft multi problems ACPI-Compliant System ystem board Intel r AA LPC Interface Controller system speaker Intel r AA LPC Interface Controller systemt timer All of these are the same no drivers are installed so am i missing out without these or is my system just not equiped to play these type of games i have a mhz processer mb ram nbsp

A:multi problems

I have seen the two best video cards (radeon 8500 and geforce 3) slow down in XP take a look at this link from toms hardware

http://www6.tomshardware.com/graphic/01q4/011107/radeon-03.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/multi-problems.67354/
Relevancy 31.39%

Hey all I basically made an error in judgement when trying to adjust the resolution of my desktop monitor using my laptop now I m in the display properties bit select Display under the Monitor Multi Up Mix Settings Tab and select the Multi Monitor Mix Up second monitor or graphics card I think as I don t HAVE a second montitor and it shows a much higher resolution So I click on that adjust the resolution but then for some reason select Extend my Windows Desktop onto this monitor and round it off by selecting Use this Device as the Primary Monitor Now I can t actually see anything except my background I have been able to drag files folders across onto the screen from out of nowhere the right hand side it seems The trouble is I can t bring up any menus or anything No My Computer No Recycle Bin No Internet Explorer No Display Menu the key one and No Folders or Start Menu Task Bar nothing So guys can anybody help resolve this because I m afraid that at the moment My desktop computer is about useless and my laptop not ideal Any help would be very truly appreciated Thanks in advance Gents all the best Toniy nbsp

Relevancy 31.39%

I have been having quite a few internet problems lately.
I cannot connect to multiple internet connections using my wifi.

I can connect wirelessly to my laptop to use the internet, but I cannot connect anywhere else without an error (ex PDA, itouch, other computer, friends laptop)

Can anyone help me solve this issue? I beleive I have had similar problems in the past but it was fixed, now I am having them again=.

My router is a D-link with 500kbps model WBR-1310

Relevancy 31.39%

Hi I have run various different AV scans that seem to detect and remove threats but the same or similar infections reappear on each start up Thanks in advance for any help BazLogfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC possible multi infections HELP! WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv HELP! possible multi infections exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exec APPS Powercinema Kernel TV CLCapSvc exeC WINDOWS system dllhost exeC Program Files CyberLink Shared Files CLML NTService CLMLServer exeC Program Files CyberLink Shared Files CLML NTService CLMLService exec APPS HIDSERVICE HIDSERVICE exeC Program Files Common Files InstallShield Driver Intel IDriverT exeC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC Program Files Kontiki KService exeC Program Files Common Files Motive McciCMService exeC Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SeaPort SeaPort exeC WINDOWS system slmdmsr exeC WINDOWS system YPCSER EXEC WINDOWS system SearchIndexer exec APPS Powercinema Kernel TV CLSched exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgnsx exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeC WINDOWS system VTTimer exeC Program Files USB Disk Win Driver Res EXEC Program HELP! possible multi infections Files BT Broadband Desktop Help btbb BTHelpNotifier exeC Program Files BT Broadband Desktop Help btbb wcm McciTrayApp exeC WINDOWS tsnpstd exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files BillP Studios WinPatrol winpatrol exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files InCode Solutions RemoveIT Pro v Enterprise removeit exeC Program Files BT Broadband Desktop Help btbb BTHelpBrowser exeC WINDOWS system cmd exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS Microsoft NET Framework v Windows Communication Foundation infocard exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeC Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exeC WINDOWS services exeC WINDOWS system SearchProtocolHost exeR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http uk red clientapps yahoo com customi fo bt side htmlR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http g msn com SEENUS SAOS FORM TOOLBRR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localR - URLSearchHook no name - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - no file O - BHO Skype add-on mastermind - BF B-C D - d - A -A F BA C - C Program Files Skype Toolbars Internet Explorer SkypeIEPlugin dllO - BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer - C E -B - BC - - C CA - C Program Files Real RealPlayer rpbrowserrecordplugin dllO - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE -... Read more

A:HELP! possible multi infections

Hello Baz,I'm afraid I have bad news for you I see you're dealing with Virut on your system. In that case, it's probablyly a lost cause - Game over situation and a format and reinstall is the fastest and especially the safest solution.You may want to read this why:Virut and other File infectors - Throwing in the Towel? So, I suggest you to start backup all of your valuable data/documents/pictures/movies/songs/etc.. Do NOT backup any applications/installers and Do NOT backup any .exe/.scr/.htm/.html/.xml/.zip/.rar files...This because these files may be infected as well. If you back them up and replace them afterwards, it will infect your computer again.I guess that's what's happening to you. Either reinfecting by use of infected data you backed up, or an infected external medium.Make sure during reinstall you delete all partitions present on the hard drive, and use the (slower) deep format prior to creating new partitions !!Read here for instructions how to format and reinstall Windows: http://web.mit.edu/ist/products/winxp/adva...all-format.htmlIf reinstalling is absolutely no option for you,then we may attempt another solution, although the outcome will be dubious at best.Greetings,Thunder

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/212981/help-possible-multi-infections/
Relevancy 31.39%

Hi! I have recently found new soft for making 8 work station by using 1 PC. Does any body

check this out.It is available here http://friendlyseats.com/en Can you recommend another

soft like this (cheaper or free)))

A:Multi terminal

Window MultiPoint Server

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/multi-terminal.943470/