Windows Support Forum

Connected to the Internet, cannot browse the website

Q: Connected to the Internet, cannot browse the website

Even though I am connected to the internet From time to time the browse to website Internet, cannot the Connected I cannot browse the website I know for sure my internet is still working because sometimes it happens when I m downloading something My download is still progressing smoothly but I cannot browse the site at all It gets reconnected again if I wait for awhile or reboot the router but it gets very annoying Can anyone help Connected to the Internet, cannot browse the website me resolve this issue I have been trying to Google and find some possible solution but none of them worked Connected to the Internet, cannot browse the website so far I have tried using cmd command such as ipconfig release ipconfig renew ipconfig flushdns netsh int ip reset c resetlog txt netsh winsock reset And I also tried to changing my router setting such as MTU Beacon Interval Fragment Threshold and RTS Threshold but nothing worked Here s my latest router setting MTU - Beacon Interval - ms Fragment Threshold - RTS Threshold - I believe this all started when I got my new router a few months back I never got any problem with my old Netgear at all The model I m currently using is TEW- TRENDnet N Dual Band Wireless Router Something like this for example nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Connected to the Internet, cannot browse the website

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Connected to the Internet, cannot browse the website

That is a DUAL band router with both 2.4GHz and 5GHz. Choice one (2.4Ghz) or the other but don't allow both - - seems to result in this condition.

Get a cop of inSSIDer from http://www.techspot.com/downloads/5936-inssider.html and use it to choose a channel without other stations

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connected-to-the-internet-cannot-browse-the-website.201337/
Relevancy 97.18%

Hello!
I have a problem with my Dell Inspiron Laptop with windows vista. I am connected to the internet through a wireless router but cannot connect to any website but Google. I can run google searches but cannot go to the result websites. I have tried everything to fix this problem. I have recently moved and my computer worked fine at my old house but will not work at the new house. I have pinged websites in the command prompt and am getting a response and I don't know what could be wrong. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

A:Connected to the internet but cannot browse any website.

Hello Amanda, it seems like I have the excact problem as you with my laptop right now. Yesterday this problem persisted for my roommate, but this morning his browsers started working fine and mine stopped. We suspect that something may be wrong with the router. I have already submitted a thread about our problem, here is the link, it may help you as well. Toodles.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/micr...ects-fine.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/connected-to-the-internet-but-cannot-browse-any-website-306727.html
Relevancy 78.69%

Hi there I have a weird problem here I have two laptops Laptop A is my personal one using at home Laptop B is my company laptop The problem is about my laptop B When I use my laptop B at work everything works perfectly When I get home this laptop could connect to Skype but just can not browse website I used ping and found that it can only ping IP address instead of websites I first thought that maybe the DNS server was screwed Then I used my laptop A to test Laptop A and Laptop B have the identical settings both use Automatic DHCP server settings on the wireless browse connected is not to but internet connected Laptop , skype can TCP IP are identical Laptop A works fine can ping website and browse websits with a chime I then followed the Instructions and posted the following info and hope someone here could give me some hints BTW I have the genuine windows xp pro cd Laptop connected to wireless , skype is connected but can not browse internet thanks Hui DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by huis at on Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV VirusScan Enterprise AntiSpyware Enterprise On-access scanning enabled Updated A B B- C - -A AB-E DEABF F Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS System WLTRYSVC EXE C WINDOWS System bcmwltry exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe svchost exe C Program Files Broadcom ASFIPMon AsfIpMon exe C WINDOWS system ASTSRV EXE svchost exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C Program Files Cisco Systems VPN Client cvpnd exe C WINDOWS system inetsrv inetinfo exe Laptop connected to wireless , skype is connected but can not browse internet C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files McAfee Common Framework FrameworkService exe C Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise Mcshield exe C Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise VsTskMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HPZ C Program Files Nitro PDF Professional NitroPDFDriverService exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HPZ C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exe C WINDOWS Laptop connected to wireless , skype is connected but can not browse internet system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Microsoft Virtual Server vmh exe C WINDOWS system vmnat exe C Program Files VMware VMware Player vmware-authd exe C WINDOWS system vmnetdhcp exe C WINDOWS system CCM CcmExec exe C WINDOWS system msiexec exe C WINDOWS system sessmgr exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files TortoiseSVN bin TSVNCache exe C Program Files Apoint Apoint exe C WINDOWS stsystra exe C Program Files Apoint HidFind exe C WINDOWS system WLTRAY exe C Program Files Apoint Apntex exe C Program Files Roxio Drag-to-Disc DrgToDsc exe C WINDOWS system ICO EXE C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DX PDVDDXSrv exe C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise SHSTAT EXE C Program Files Google Google Pinyin GooglePinyinDaemon exe C Program Files McAfee Common Framework udaterui exe C Program Files McAfee Common Framework McTray exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Communicator communicator exe C Program Files VMware VMware Player hqtray exe C Program Files Common Files Research In Motion Auto Update RIMAutoUpdate exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService ISUSPM exe C Program Files Red Gate SQL Prompt RedGate SQLPrompt TrayApp exe C Program Files MagicDisc MagicDisc exe C virusRemoval dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp mpsharepoint it default aspx BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO Spybot-S am... Read more

A:Laptop connected to wireless , skype is connected but can not browse internet

bump please

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/laptop-connected-to-wireless-skype-is-connected-but-can-not-browse-internet-420049.html
Relevancy 72.67%

Out of the blue one day, I was using the internet on my other laptop when it started acting up. Chrome and Firefox would sproradically be unable to connect, until they outright could not connect at all. However, my torrents in qbittorrent and utorrent were able to continue up/downloading (though very slowly) and other devices and computers are able to connect to my wifi.

I've tried resetting my IP address, disabling firewalls, and some other stuff, but I really have no idea what's going on. It's been like this for a couple weeks now, luckily it's not a computer I have to use often. Does anyone have any ideas?

I'm running Win7 x64

If it means anything, I have also had previous issues where utorrent was unable to make a connection on known working torrents (other computers on network could download them easily), even when my browsers were working.

A:Internet connected but cannot browse

Acarr try to reboot to safe mode with networking (when starting computer Tap the F8 Key repeatedly till option shows) then try to access the internet there. 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/527869/internet-connected-but-cannot-browse/
Relevancy 72.67%

I m using Windows XP The day before yesterday BSOD came up while browse can't is Internet connected, but I Internet is connected, but can't browse was surfing the internet When I turned the computer back on I realized my email account had sent spam mails to my friends so I immediately changed the password I think I got something on my computer I ran McAfee Malwarebytes and SpywareDoctor but they re all outdated by at least a couple months I ran them both in quick and full scans but they didn t find anything I also ran TDSSKiller which found one infection I pressed delete and rebooted the computer And now the internet isn t working Actually I don t think it worked since the BSOD It says the internet is connected but it s not sending or receiving any packets I Internet is connected, but can't browse can t really tell if I still have something on my computer because since I can t connect to the internet I can t update my antivirus softwares Please help me it would be greatly appreciated Sincrely Diana

A:Internet is connected, but can't browse

Hello Diana and welcome. I would like to see the two logs thanks.MBAMThe log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.TDSSA log file named TDSSKiller_version_date_time_log.txt (i.e. TDSSKiller.2.4.0.0_27.07.2010_09.o7.26_log.txt) will be created and saved to the root directory (usually Local Disk C:).Copy and paste the contents of that file in your next reply.For the connection try these...Please click Start > Run, type inetcpl.cpl in the runbox and press enter.Click the Connections tab and click the LAN settings option.Verify if "Use a proxy..." is checked, if so, UNcheck it and click OK/OK to exit.Now check if the internet is working again.ORGo to Start ... Run and type in cmdA dos Window will appear.Type in the dos window: netsh winsock resetClick on the enter key.Reboot your system to complete the process.Rerun MBAM (MalwareBytes) like this:Open MBAM in normal mode and click Update tab, select Check for Updates,when doneclick Scanner tab,select Quick scan and scan (normal mode).After scan click Remove Selected, Post new scan log and Reboot into normal mode.Please ask any needed questions,post logs and Let us know how the PC is running now.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/397786/internet-is-connected-but-cant-browse/
Relevancy 72.67%

On my other laptop, a vostro 1000 running XP, The Dell Wireless WLAN card shows that I am connected to my router, but anytime i try to open a web browser, it says it cannot connect. I know I am connected, however, because my torrent program frostwire is still able to download and upload. I have tried turning off my firewall, but it still doesn't work, so I know its not being blocked.

Any sugguestions would be deeply appreciated.

A:Connected to the Internet but cannot browse

Malware will often change Lan settings and configure proxy settings by "tunneling" traffic through a certain port (e.g. Local address: 127.0.0.1 Port: 5555).

Open Internet Explorer. Click Tools > Internet Options > Connections > Lan settings > Proxy server > Advanced > delete proxy server settings > click OK > uncheck all boxes > click OK.

In Firefox, click Tools > Options... > General > Advanced > Network > Settings > delete proxy settings > select No proxy > click OK.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connected-to-the-internet-but-cannot-browse.959227/
Relevancy 72.67%

Before I installed window 8 preview build,my internet work fine.But after I install it,I cant browse any website,but I am conneted to internet.Can anyone help me?Need any detail pls reply below,I will reply asap,tq.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-browse-but-i-am-connected-to-internet.187216/
Relevancy 72.67%

I get this message when rebooting Win XP Error loading C Prog to but Connected cannot browse internet NEWDOT NEWDOT dll here is my Hijackthis log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Connected to internet but cannot browse Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exe C WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System MsPMSPSv exe C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X LMPDPSRV EXE C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgemc exe C PROGRA Sygate SPF smc exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update Connected to internet but cannot browse OB realsched exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader reader sl exe C Program Files SpywareGuard sgmain exe C WINDOWS Webshots scr C Program Files SpywareGuard sgbhp exe C PROGRA WINZIP winzip exe C Documents and Settings Frank Rabzel Local Settings Temp HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page Connected to internet but cannot browse http www google ca R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SpywareGuardDLBLOCK CBrowserHelper - A E - F- - B - B DDD DB - C Program Files SpywareGuard dlprotect dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO no name - d a - d - d - - e a - C Program Files Siber Systems AI RoboForm RoboForm dll O - Toolbar amp RoboForm - d a - d - d - - e a - C Program Files Siber Systems AI RoboForm RoboForm dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run LMPDPSRV C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X LMPDPSRV EXE O - HKLM Run AVG EMC C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgemc exe O - HKLM Run UpdReg C WINDOWS UpdReg EXE O - HKLM Run KAVPersonal C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Anti-Virus Personal kav exe minimize O - HKLM Run PC Booster C Program Files inKline Global PC Booster PCBooster exe O - HKLM Run SmcService C PROGRA Sygate SPF smc exe -startgui O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run New net Startup rundll C PROGRA NEWDOT NEWDOT DLL NewDotNetStartup O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - Startup SpywareGuard lnk C Program Files SpywareGuard sgmain exe O - Startup Webshots lnk C Program Files Webshots Launcher exe O - Global Startup Adobe Reader Speed Launch lnk C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader reader sl exe O - Extra context menu item amp Google Search - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmsearch html O - Extra context menu item Backward Links - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmbacklinks html O - Extra context menu item Cached Snapshot of Page - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmcache html O - Extra context menu item Customize Menu - file C Program Files Siber Systems AI RoboForm RoboFormComCustomizeIEMenu html O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra context menu item Fill Forms - file C Program Files Siber Systems AI RoboForm RoboFormComFillForms html O - Extra context menu item Save Forms - file C Program Files Siber Systems AI RoboForm RoboFormComSavePass html O - Extra context menu item Similar Pages - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmsimilar html O - Extra context menu item Translate into English - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmtrans html O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jr... Read more

A:Connected to internet but cannot browse

new.net is a bad one. You need to be in the security forum?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connected-to-internet-but-cannot-browse.401441/
Relevancy 72.67%

I get this message when rebooting Win XP Error loading C Prog NEWDOT NEWDOT dll here is my Hijackthis log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS to but browse Connected internet cannot system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exe C WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System MsPMSPSv exe C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X LMPDPSRV EXE C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgemc exe C PROGRA Sygate SPF smc exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update Connected to internet but cannot browse OB realsched exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader reader sl exe C Program Files SpywareGuard sgmain exe C WINDOWS Webshots scr C Program Files SpywareGuard sgbhp exe C PROGRA WINZIP winzip exe C Documents and Settings Frank Rabzel Local Settings Temp HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google ca R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SpywareGuardDLBLOCK CBrowserHelper - A E - F- - B - B DDD DB - C Program Files SpywareGuard dlprotect dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO no name - d a - d - d - - e a - C Program Files Siber Systems AI RoboForm RoboForm dll O - Toolbar amp RoboForm - d a - d - d - - e a - C Program Files Siber Systems AI RoboForm RoboForm dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run LMPDPSRV C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X LMPDPSRV EXE O - HKLM Run AVG EMC C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgemc exe O - HKLM Run UpdReg C WINDOWS UpdReg EXE O - HKLM Run KAVPersonal C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Anti-Virus Personal kav exe minimize O - HKLM Run PC Booster C Program Files inKline Global PC Booster PCBooster exe O - HKLM Run SmcService C PROGRA Sygate SPF smc exe -startgui O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run New net Startup rundll C PROGRA NEWDOT NEWDOT DLL NewDotNetStartup O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - Startup SpywareGuard lnk C Program Files SpywareGuard sgmain exe O - Startup Webshots lnk C Program Files Webshots Launcher exe O - Global Startup Adobe Reader Speed Launch lnk C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader reader sl exe O - Extra context menu item amp Google Search - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmsearch html O - Extra context menu item Backward Links - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmbacklinks html O - Extra context menu item Cached Snapshot of Page - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmcache html O - Extra context menu item Customize Menu - file C Program Files Siber Systems AI RoboForm RoboFormComCustomizeIEMenu html O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra context menu item Fill Forms - file C Program Files Siber Systems AI RoboForm RoboFormComFillForms html O - Extra context menu item Save Forms - file C Program Files Siber Systems AI RoboForm RoboFormComSavePass html O - Extra context menu item Similar Pages - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmsimilar html O - Extra context menu item Translate into English - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmtrans html O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin npjpi dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA ... Read more

Relevancy 72.67%

Hey guys So it's been doing this for about weeks now I don't know how I put up with it But after looking through many forums with no solutions I decided to just post a thread myself My internet says it's fully connected and that it's Local and Internet I'm using a D-Link router as my wireless on my desktop The problem is that when I browse in Chrome it won't says connected let My browse. it's me internet but acts like the internet isn't on All the other laptops and desktops work with wireless I've googled it and it My internet says it's connected but won't let me browse. says that I had to restore my DNS settings back to default which I did and the reboot that I did should have anyways I've tried to Diagnose and Repair the WiFi icon on my start bar and that My internet says it's connected but won't let me browse. works for a little bit but then the internet dies again It says quot Windows tried a repair but a problem still exists Cannot communicate with Primary DNS Server quot I can't link it directly to the modem because it's a desktop and I don't wanna risk tripping on the stairs with it in hand although if that's the only solution I'll do it I'm not sure what to do Please help me This is driving me crazy If you need any other information I'll reply as soon as I can Also I've seen this thread but it didn't help Vista Local Access Only on wireless problem going demented PLEASE help

A:My internet says it's connected but won't let me browse.

have you tried pinging a site?

in command poupt type it:
ping www.google.com

post the results here (screen shot or type them in)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/my-internet-says-its-connected-but-wont-let-me-browse-586318.html
Relevancy 72.67%

This is haunted me forever about a half a year to be exact Anywho here s the story A half a year ago I got a Internet Can't Connected, But Browse serious virus and had to do Internet Connected, But Can't Browse a system recovery That went sucessful and all but once we tried to get the internet up and running it wouldn t I tried and tried but nothing would work So I left it and had Internet Connected, But Can't Browse to use a wired connection or my mom s desktop Which is a horror Lol Every so often I had tried but with no luck I eventually went to Best Buy about two months and asked them what may be the problem The guy said that I may not have installed the drivers from my manufacture s website So I went home and did That s about when I was able to get my internet to connect Yay right Wrong I couldn t browse And so we re at today I figured I might as well make this snow day count by trying to get my computer straightened out I did another restore and that went fine I went to my manufacture s website and downloaded a few select drivers that had to do with LAN Before the installation of the drivers I tried to connect and I couldn t even connect After I installed them I was able to connect Finally I got internet and able to browse But wait no I can t So I can connect to the internet but I cannot browse Great Could anyone help me I d appriciate it greatly I ll give you some of my computer info and if you need more just ask Thanks in advance ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Manufacturer Toshiba Computer Family Satellite Series A Model S Router NetGear WNR ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Again if you need more just ask Also My dad s internet works fine and he uses wireless Laptop So it has to be my computer not the router Thanks guys Peace nbsp

A:Internet Connected, But Can't Browse

What is listed under Network Adapters in Device Manager? What, if any, warnings or errors are in Device Manager?

Try to connect by both ethernet and wireless and show ...

Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:
(For Vista or 7 type CMD in the Search box after Start)

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-connected-but-cant-browse.973807/
Relevancy 72.67%

Putting this in Security because it seems related. I run ipconfig /all and get valid gateway & DNS from my ISP. Windows defender can download updates and Windows can transmit problem files. However, Outlook, Steam, Norton, IE, Firefox, etc., cannot access the Web. IE says "data execution protection has detected a plugin trying to access memory incorrectly", but I don't think that's it. This all started after I uninstalled Adobe CS3 Production Premium. I tried falling back to a restore point from last week when everything worked, but no dice.

I tried fully uninstalling the Norton security suite from my ISP. Still nothing.
It's clearly not a mechanical issue, because I can open a command prompt and ping Google successfully.

Help!

A:Connected to internet, can't browse, etc.

Looking around, I found this ... "Cineform Prospect HD plugin". Is this on your computer?

http://www.vistax64.com/system-security/280371-connected-internet-cant-browse-etc.html
Relevancy 72.67%

After a Windows update, I seemed to have lost my ability to get on the internet. I googled some possible solutions but nothing worked so far. FYI, my knowledge on networking isn't that extensive. I've tried resetting my winsock and TCP/IP through CMD but that didn't work. I was getting the error "could not reconnect all network drives" upon startup but got rid of that problem by using 'NET USE * /d" in CMD; don't really know what that does but it took th error away. My network says I"m connected and everytime I try to diagnose it says there's no problems. I can't ping anything. Please help!

A:Cannot Browse the Internet Although Connected

You need to supply more information:
Connection type: wireless or ethernet or other
Network Connection: Router or cable modem etc

Output of:

ipconfig /all

You should always be able to ping localhost, your gateway and your own IP address.
Provide this extra information please.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cannot-browse-the-internet-although-connected-508172.html
Relevancy 72.67%

Hi im new to all this ive had vista for awhile now, i can load i.e but everytim i try browse it send me to random websites, it wont let me update my software says im not connected to the internet, yet im connected to the internet ive tried so many anti viruses but its not detecting anything, ive also tried re mastering my laptop with clean vista and this still doesnt work,i also tried refreshing my winsop. i cant acess firefox at all it says page load error or send me again to a random website. its really stressing me out now as ive tried everything i can think of please if someone can help

A:I'm connected to the internet but cant browse

Seems like your browser is hijacked. Go to safe mode with networking and try browsing some websites. Also run Hijack-This.

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/228093-im-connected-internet-but-cant-browse.html
Relevancy 72.67%

I am running windows XP on a computer that I use solely for my business' POS system - therefore not being able to connect to the internet is a problem as I cannot process credit cards. I have checked with the linksys (for router) and internet service provider - everything is working fine as you can see because I am posting from another computer. However the computer that is hardwired to the modem and router cannot access the internet. I get a "connecting" message then a quick "login failure" then a " internet explorer cannot display this page" message - any ideas - HELP PLEASE!

A:Internet connected but cannot browse

moving to network forum
can we have some make and exact models of the router and modem
and exactly how things are connected together

and then from the business XP PC - can we see a device manager and ipconfig /all

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Device Manager
Post back the results in device manager
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC
Start > control Panel {Vista set to classic view}> system > {Vista, device manager on left hand side} {XP hardware Tab, device manager button} >
windows 7
start > control panel> System and Security> Device Manager

network adaptors, click on the + > post back the devices listed there
are there any ! ? or X
post a screen shot of the device manager - network adapters

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here
Full details are here http://library.techguy.org/wiki/TSG_Posting_a_Screenshot

ipconfig /all
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here

We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results in a reply here

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results to notepad and then automatically open notepad.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results to a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy
Now go back to the forum - reply and then right click in the reply box and paste

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-connected-but-cannot-browse.996410/
Relevancy 72.67%

So I had a bad problem with random popups and redirects on internet connected though Can;t I'm even browse IE I downloaded Mozilla and still got the same issue I realized that I have a virus so I attempted to get rid of it I ran various virus programs MalwareBytes TSSKiller and Combofix and did remove some things but only to find that when I restarted my computer my internet stopped working It says I m connected to the internet and Can;t browse internet even though I'm connected my router but whenever I open IE or Mozilla it says I m not connected to the internet My friend can connect to the same router with a different computer and his iPod and get internet access but I can t with my laptop no matter how hard I try I tried to use the virus programs again but nothing I m running Windows Here is my Hijack this Log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Unknown Windows WinNT SP MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C Program Files HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL MSN com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page Bing R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL MSN com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL Bing R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page Bing R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page MSN com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C Program Files x Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Picasa - B B A- A- -AE -EE FAC CE - C Users Owner AppData LocalLow Picasa IE Picasa d ll file missing O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO StartNow Toolbar Helper - E D - C - - -F B DD F - C Program Files x StartNow Toolbar Toolbar dll file missing O - BHO TSBHO Class - E-EC C- C -A C-E C B B B - C Program Files x HP SimplePass IEBHO dll O - BHO BitTorrentBar - c f aa-f f- c- f e-b d a - C Program Files x BitTorrentBar prxtbBitT dll O - BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files x Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - BHO SkypeIEPluginBHO - AE - E C- ED - F B-F F A - C Program Files x Skype Toolbars Internet Explorer skypeieplugin dll O - BHO Bing Bar Helper - d ce e -f a- - e- dc f c f - quot C Program Files x Microsoft BingBar BingExt dll quot file missing O - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO Yontoo Layers - FD E- FDE- D-A A- BAB CAD - C Program Files x Yontoo YontooIEClient dll O - BHO SingleInstance Class - FDAD DA - A - FD - C - F AC - C Program Files x Yahoo Companion Installs cpn YTSingleInstan ce dll O - Toolbar Bing Bar - dcb -df - - - fa b f - quot C Program Files x Microsoft BingBar BingExt dll quot file missing O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files x Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - Toolbar BitTorrentBar Toolbar - c f aa-f f- c- f e-b d a - C Program Files x BitTorrentBar prxtbBitT dll O - Toolbar StartNow Toolbar - E- D E- ec- CBB- B CC F - C Program Files x StartNow Toolbar Toolbar dll file missing O - Toolbar Google Toolbar - C B - - d - B - A CD F - C Program Files x Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - HKLM Run IAStorIcon C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Rapid Storage Technology IAStorIcon exe O - HKLM Run StartCCC quot C Program Files x ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static CLIStart exe quot MSRun O - HKLM Run N... Read more

Relevancy 72.67%

Hi I can ping google and yahoo also other ip addresses but im not sure why i cant browse the net Help Code Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Jeremi gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Jeremi-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Mixed IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No PPP adapter Sun Connection-specific DNS Browse Connected internet. the by Cannot Suffix Description Sun Physical Address DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers Primary WINS Server Secondary WINS Server NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific Connected by Cannot Browse the internet. DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address - E- C-D Connected by Cannot Browse the internet. -E - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Marvell Yukon E PCI-E Gigabit Ether net Controller Physical Address - - - B- - D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R Wireless WiFi Link AGN Physical Address - F- B- -BE- B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap C C-A - C-B DD- E CC Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap C D- CC- - B-E B C Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap D - A - E - -C AE Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e a c d b d fe Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe a c d b d fe Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter isatap EA -D - FC -AEFD- CB Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap EFF DF -EED - B-B - DCE C Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Thanks nbsp

A:Connected by Cannot Browse the internet.

a few things to try

Remove any proxy settings
Check your browser's settings, remove or uncheck any proxy settings if found
http://www.library.kent.edu/page/14299

see if you can use safemode with networking
as the PC starts keep tapping F8 a menu appears choose
safemode with networking

see if that works OK

What firewall do you have on the PC or had in the past, like Norton, mcafee etc

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connected-by-cannot-browse-the-internet.995475/
Relevancy 72.67%

I came home today and found that my internet was no longer working. After hours of troubleshooting my DNS cache and IP issues and running a full scan (Kaspersky) I still can't connect to the internet through my router.
I contacted my ISP and had them reset the connection. I can connect to the internet by hardwiring to my modem. However, when my modem is conected to the router and my computer is hardwired to the router it says the internet is connected and all is well but I am unable to browse. All connections are correct and all indicators say I should be able to browse. WHYY CAN'T I?
Please help!

A:Internet connected, can't browse...

Have you reset your router? Press and hold reset button for about 10-15 seconds.

It may have gone belly up ...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-connected-cant-browse.810964/
Relevancy 72.67%

I just installed windows 7 home premium 64 bit, but for some reason, icant browse the Internet even though I'm connected. Ie thinks I'm not connected and nothing happens on firefox. I've tried the troubleshooter, disconnected and reconnected to the wireless network, and restarted my computer. Nothing changes.

I don't know if this is relevant but I got Microsoft tech support to help me download the file since I was having difficulties, and he somehow managed to disable all 3rd party programs. I'm not sure if that's related to this situation, and I don't know how to enable the programs again...

Any help would be appreciated!

A:Can't browse Internet even though I'm connected

Hey I'm having the exact same problem as Aeyara. I just updated to Windows 7 ultimate (64 bit) from Vista and I can't use IE or Firefox. My internet connection is recognized and I can use anything else that uses the internet (like iTunes, Live Messenger, Skype, etc.) but no browsers. I tried pretty much everything that has been suggested on forums (resetting IE, uninstalling Bonjour, unchecking the boxes in the LAN settings, etc.) but so far no luck.

Please help!

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/31168-cant-browse-internet-even-though-im-connected.html
Relevancy 72.67%

Hello I am running an Asus notebook model UX V with Windows Last night restarted my computer because skype was not working properly and when it started up again it would connect to the internet but but internet to Connected cant browse not Connected to internet but cant browse let me browse on Google Chrome or Internet Explorer Skype will not connect and my windows updates will not either I brought it to Best buy to have them look at it they could not figure it out and wanted to charge me lots of money to do a deeper diagnostics test on it Well I'm poor with no job so i cant afford that I tried running a system restore but i had never set that up so i cant restore it to a previous date i also tried restarting the network server things with the command prompt I look around a lot online but whatever solutions were posted in the forums none of the simpler ones i have found helped me I really would not like to have to wipe the hard drive and boot it from scratch with the OS Anyone have any advice

A:Connected to internet but cant browse

Ho waeough and welcome to SF.
There are quite a few things we could try before we start wiping any hard drives
Unplug your router from power for at least 60 seconds then plug it back in, let it go through the init cycles and when all necessary lights are on, connect the computer and start it up.
see if that helps if not, post a snip of the command line after executing ipconfig /all

start>search>type cmd>type ipconfig /all
Use built in snipping tool (type snipping in search) to take a snapshot of results, and upload it to us using the attachment icon (shaped like a paperclip) in the reply forms

-DG

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/143590-connected-internet-but-cant-browse.html
Relevancy 72.67%

My problem browse but internet, Cannot am connected I is that I cannot open anywebpages in any browser My internet shows that it is Cannot browse internet, but I am connected connected though and Cannot browse internet, but I am connected the router works with other devices It shows that I am recieving mps but still no internet I suspect that I have the google redirect virus but my only symptoms were getting spam and pop ups I was following a tutorial on how to remove it which involved editing my hosts file and internet settings After I rebooted my internet no longer worked here is what I have done so far Fixed the hosts file to original Set internet options to default and made sure I wasnt connected to a proxy server Checked LAN properties and ensured that they are set to automatic I have ran several commands in the cmd window pretty much all the reset commands Here is what I get with ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Vinnie-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List Belkin Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Belkin Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address C- - D-EC- - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe a e e e d f Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Sunday May PM Lease Expires Thursday June AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - -D -F - C- - D-EC- - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter TO Adapter Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap Belkin Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Belkin Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e cf ad f fdfd Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe cf ad f fdfd Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled I feel like I have done everything possible but so far I have not fixed it Please Please help Thanks in advance

A:Cannot browse internet, but I am connected

Also when I ping an address such as google.com it comes up fine but when I ping my default gateway or ip address it times out

Edit: nevermind that here is the results

C:\Users\Vinnie>ping 192.168.2.2

Pinging 192.168.2.2 with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 192.168.2.2: bytes=32 time<1ms TTL=128

Ping statistics for 192.168.2.2:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 0ms, Maximum = 0ms, Average = 0ms

C:\Users\Vinnie>ping 192.168.2.1

Pinging 192.168.2.1 with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 192.168.2.1: bytes=32 time=1ms TTL=64
Reply from 192.168.2.1: bytes=32 time<1ms TTL=64

Ping statistics for 192.168.2.1:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 0ms, Maximum = 1ms, Average = 0ms

I have also checked and I have no firewalls running. Im not sure if there is a way to double check but all my anit-virus programs arent running and windows firewall is off. I checked the processes in task manager for this

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cannot-browse-internet-but-i-am-connected-646512.html
Relevancy 72.67%

Hello all first post on here I have Windows -Bit Ultimate running through Bootcamp on an iMac Intel Core i Connected Cannot browse. Internet, to Its very simple actually my browser be it firefox internet explorer god forbid or google chrome I can t Connected to Internet, Cannot browse. load any pages whatsoever I do have an active internet connection though Wifi I can connect to skype and chat in steam My guess is some kind of a Browser Hijacker I ve tried scanning with spybot S amp D Ad-aware Malwarebytes all with latest defitions that I had to download manually on my other computer which I am on right now I ve tried scanning with Spybot at system start-up scanning in safe mode resetting my internet options checking for proxy in Lan settings going in cmd and entering these two commands netsh winsock reset catalog netsh int ip reset reset log Looking at my processes with X-ray pc I see some things I m not too sure of but I can t really tell what the problem is Some help would be MUCH apreciated I ve spent all day on this and I m going crazy I m no noob when it comes to computers but I m no computer engineer either Thanks in advance for your time

A:Connected to Internet, Cannot browse.

Well, nevermind peeps. Fixed it after all. Had to play around ALOT with my Linksys WRT54GV8 Router. I really don't recommend it to anyone. (Not the V8 that is)

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/321951/connected-to-internet-cannot-browse/
Relevancy 72.67%

Im having trouble browsing.The computer is directly connected to the Modem but i got an error message"...Explorer couldnot display the page..."

OS use: WindowXP home edition, Service Park3.It is a Desktop computer.Any help!

A:CONNECTED TO THE INTERNET BUT I CAN NOT BROWSE.

It could be a lot of things honestly. If you could please do the following it would be easier to help you...

1. Open up the command prompt (click start|run|type "cmd" and hit enter). Once the command prompt is open type ping google.com and after that ping 74.125.91.105. Tell me what happens when you've run those pings please.

2. Open up the command prompt and type ipconfig /all. Right click on the command prompt and click "mark". Highlight all of the output and press enter. Paste the results in your next post.

We'll be able to help you much better if you do those things. Thanks :)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/connected-to-the-internet-but-i-can-not-browse-583494.html
Relevancy 72.67%

Hey all Dont know what I did or Connected, but Internet cant browse?! where I browsed but here is my problem Desktop XP Home SP This morning after waking up and opening my browser to check mails and what not Every minutes or so I get this Avast pop up telling me zondg com Internet Connected, but cant browse?! bla bla Internet Connected, but cant browse?! bla I googled it and its some malicious URL or something After reading a few forums most tell me the same thing Run Combofix Stinger Malwarebytes Norton Power eraser Each program found something to remove OK GREAT i thought After reboot I get windows saying xxxxxxxx csrss exe missing I connect to the internet using a USB modem open IE --Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage-- Dammit so I fire up the old laptop Vista which connects perfectly to anything I give it Bottom line cant find a solution for the csrss exe window And cant get browser to work on desktop FYI IE FF Chrome Opera is not working Online MMO eve-online works so I do have a good connection Oh and my PC is slow as HELL dammit Apologies for the long letter Hope u guys can help me Cheers Pof Oh probably part of the same prob MMO has a ingame browser and thats also not working

A:Internet Connected, but cant browse?!

Hello, Welcome to TSF.
I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.

You may wish to Subscribe to this thread (Thread Tools > Subscribe to this thread) so that you are notified when you receive a reply.

Please read these instructions carefully and then print out or copy this page to Notepad in order to assist you when carrying out the fix.

Note that the fix may take several posts. Please continue to respond to my instructions until I confirm that your logs are clean. Remember that although your symptoms may vanish, this does NOT mean that your system is clean.

If there is anything you don't understand, please ask BEFORE proceeding with the fixes.

Please ensure that you follow the instructions in the order I have them listed.

Please do not install or uninstall any programs, or run any other scanners or software, unless I specifically ask you to do so. Also please copy and paste logs into the thread, rather than add them as attachments.
===

Lets see if we can get this infected computer going.

Please download and run the following tool to help allow other programs to run. (courtesy of BleepingComputer.com)
There are 3 different versions. If one of them won't run then download and try to run the other one.
Vista and Win7 users need to right click and choose Run as Admin
You only need to get one of them to run, not all of them.

rkill.exe
rkill.com
rkill.scr

It is possible that the infection you are trying to remove will not allow you to download files on the infected computer. If this is the case, then you will need to download the files requested on another computer and then transfer them to the desktop of the infected computer. You can transfer the files via a CD/DVD, external drive, or USB flash drive.
===

Using a good computer download this tool. Copy it to the desktop of the infected computer and run it.

Please download and run this DDS Scanning Tool. Nothing will be deleted. It will just give me some additional information about your system.

Download DDS and save it to your desktop from here or here.
Disable any script blocker, and then double click dds.scr to run the tool.When done, DDS will open two (2) logs: DDS.txt
Attach.txt

Save both reports to your desktop.

Please just paste the contents of the DDS.txt log in your next post.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/internet-connected-but-cant-browse-570886.html
Relevancy 72.67%

Im having a minor problem. My girlfriends computer says that im connected to the internet. But msn, yahoo messenger, the internet all are showing messages like i am not connected. Im running FF3 and IE8 if that means anything. Cable internet and Wi-Fi signals. Ive hardwired to a modem and that gave the same results as wireless. Also i have reinstalled the drivers. My girlfriend is deciding that there is not need for security as she repeatily deletes the antiviruses i put on her computer. Can anyone help me? Also everything in device manager is working fine.

A:Internet connected but won't browse?!

Hi,

OK, first off lets get some more info posted.

Please list the following:

-Internet Service Provider
-Modem-make, manufacturer and model
-Wireless Router/Router's -make, manufacturer and model
-what kind of computer - make, manufacturer and model

Also, post the following:

This needs to be done from her computer (the one with problems):

-->Hold down the "Windows key" and press "R"
:this should bring up the run prompt.

-->Type "cmd" without quotes and then press enter
:this brings up the command prompt.

-->In command prompt type "ipconfig /all" (without quotes) and press enter
:this will show your IP configuration.

-->now type "ping yahoo.com" (without the quotes) and then press enter
-->now type "ping 209.131.36.159" (without quotes) and press enter
-->Right click anywhere in the window and click "select all"

-->Press Enter
:Now everything is copied so open notepad and paste it all in there and save it to some form of portable storage media so your able to paste the results in here.

-->After you have it on the storage media paste it in this thread.

JeKyL

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/internet-connected-but-wont-browse-390769.html
Relevancy 71.81%

Hello,

I've had this problem for a week now. As soon as I get connected to the internet, I'm able to browse for a couple of minutes. Rebooting my laptop seems to be the only solution. But the same problem comes back again. Currently running on W7.

Thanks in advance.

A:I am connected to internet but can't browse a few minutes later

Hello, what behavior do you observe when you are no longer able to browse? Have you used different browsers? Have you taken your laptop to a different location and if so did you still have the same issue?
Regards
The Cleaver

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-am-connected-to-internet-but-cant-browse-a-few-minutes-later.1132036/
Relevancy 71.81%

ive looked up solutions for this problem and reset ip and winsock catalog and it works for a bit but then cant access websites again on all browsers - what but websites connected internet cant browse should i do pls helpLogfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows Vista internet connected but cant browse websites SP internet connected but cant browse websites WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C Windows system Dwm exeC Windows Explorer EXEC Windows system taskeng exeC Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exeC Program Files DellTPad Apoint exeC Windows OEM Mon exeC Program Files Sigmatel C-Major Audio WDM sttray exeC Windows System hkcmd exeC Windows System igfxpers exeC Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAAnotif exeC Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtcmd exeC Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exeC Program Files ESET ESET NOD Antivirus egui exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files HP HP Software Update hpwuSchd exeC Program Files Athan Athan exeC Windows WindowsMobile wmdSync exeC Program Files O bin sprtcmd exeC Users Aamir Program Files DNA btdna exeC Program Files Rokario Bandwidth Monitor bandmon exeC Program Files Veoh Networks VeohWebPlayer veohwebplayer exeC Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BTTray exeC Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exeC Windows system igfxsrvc exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exeC Program Files Dell QuickSet quickset exec Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BtStackServer exeC Program Files DellTPad ApMsgFwd exeC Program Files DellTPad HidFind exeC Program Files DellTPad Apntex exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqbam exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqgpc exeC Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exeC Program Files Windows Live Contacts wlcomm exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Windows Live Toolbar wltuser exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Windows system SearchProtocolHost exeC Windows system SearchFilterHost exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Windows system Macromed Flash FlashUtil b exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www google co uk ig dell hl en amp amp ibd R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http mail live com default aspx amp ip amp rru inboxR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Internet Explorer provided by DellR - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhostO - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO Search Helper - EBF - F- bff-A F-B E AAC B - C Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack Search Helper SEPsearchhelperie dllO - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveShellExtensions dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Fi... Read more

A:internet connected but cant browse websites

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/245061/internet-connected-but-cant-browse-websites/
Relevancy 71.81%

Ok Im running windows XP and a sprint dsl modem. I connect to the internet and everything runs just fine, but after 2-5 minutes, if I try to go to a new website it just keeps looking for the website then eventually says cannot find website. If I disconnect and reconnect I can browse for another 3-5 minutes. I tried to completely reinstal windows and the problem still persists. I work at home and this is making my business suffer. Please help! Thanks guys

A:Computer says connected but cannot browse the internet.

i have same problem with my other computer...i can use yahoo messenger but i can't browse a website....." message says: webpage not available offline", can anyone help in this please?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/227727/computer-says-connected-but-cannot-browse-the-internet/
Relevancy 71.81%

Hey everyone, I have a problem regarding an older laptop running Windows XP Home. When plugging in the laptop via ethernet, Windows confirms that it is connected to the internet, yet when I try to open internet explorer, i get a page saying "Cannot find Server." The connection works on the other laptop running Windows XP we have. Any suggestions would be fantastic.

A:Cannot browse internet despite being connected through ethernet

Hi there!

Have you noticed that your computer has been sluggish? Has it ran weird or indifferent?

The option that I suggest above all else is to re-install your ethernet card driver.

What is your ethernet card?

Do you still have the CD/Floppy or other media used to install the Ethernet card? (If you bought a computer from a manufacturer such as Gateway, Dell, HP, etc -- then the card driver may be on the setup disks. Usually it reads "Drivers and Diagnostics' or similar text)

As soon as you give me more information, I can help you reinstall the ethernet card driver.

Most likely it seems like the configuration of the driver has possibly changed. We need to reset these changes!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/204807/cannot-browse-internet-despite-being-connected-through-ethernet/
Relevancy 71.81%

I am using a Dell Latitude E Laptop and have been wirelessly connected to our home internet for several years without any problems However of late I have been having problems browsing despite my connection being OK and signal being very good I am able to still listen to music on spotify as well as browse! but to internet, Connected unable to chat on facebook but cannot load web pages or search for anything on youtube google etc I use google chrome but experience Connected to internet, but unable to browse! the same problem on IE I have checked whether it is a problem with malware and have removed all threats but still the problem persists the only way I have found of temporarily fixing it is disabling the wireless Connected to internet, but unable to browse! and reconnecting whereby it will work perfectly again for anything between - minutes I have not changed my router recently so do not think that is the issue I m beginning it may just be a hardware fault with the laptop Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated Leeus nbsp

A:Connected to internet, but unable to browse!

Same problem or work OK with an ethernet connection?

What OS?

What firewall or security suite is, or ever was, on the system?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connected-to-internet-but-unable-to-browse.1067136/
Relevancy 71.81%

hey ive got an acer laptop with windows vista on it and i am connecting to the internet wirelesly and through ethernet cable but the same problem keeps happening.. the internet is connected and has full connectivity but nothing will load in either explorer or firefox, both saying they cannot connect to the internet; both troubleshooters show no error. These 2 programs seem to be the only ones not working too cause i can login to msn messenger and download system updates etc etc

any help would be appreciated

Relevancy 71.81%

Hi We usually connect to a remote server through VPN connection Nowadays we are unable to browse Browse VPN when connected Internet Coudn't to internet after we estabilish VPN connection I searched many forums and site and got a temporary solution Go go properties of VPN connection - click on networking tab - properties of IPv IPv - go to advanced - in ipsettings tab - uncheck quot use default gateway on remote network quot After doing this Im able to browse internet but my concern is the external IP should be Coudn't Browse Internet when connected to VPN of the remote system and not my original IP so that I get access to my remote LAN network Even I m able to find a temporary solution for this After doing this setting we need to connect VPN and disconnect it and go for same setting but you need to check quot use default gateway on remote network quot Now connect VPN and everything seem to work fine I m able browse internet and my IP remains of the remote network and everything is working fine till the VPN connection is disconnected If VPN disconnected the problem arises - not able to browse internet Can anyone give me solution for this nbsp

Relevancy 71.81%

Using inspiron 5200 with windows 8, internet is showing that it is connected on the taskbar, is sending/receiving information. Browser is not working. Was working fine until I connected directly to the modem instead of wireless, now cannot access internet using any browser. When I open windows mobility center the icon for wireless network is missing. Any help?

A:Cant browse internet using wifi even though connected

Was it working when wired and now not working wireless? Or not working either way?

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/24871-cant-browse-internet-using-wifi-even-though-connected.html
Relevancy 71.81%

Hey guys

i have a problem with one of my computers. Its a Windows XP, the problem is that it connects to the network but when i try to browse the internet it says i cannot display the page. I tried browsing the internet on FireFox but it says page not found.

I have a DSL (ethernet) connection and ive tested the connection on my windows vista and it works great.

also the conection icon shows is connected but firewalled i disabled the firewall but still not effects.

any help guys?

Relevancy 71.81%

I have an HP laptop and i can connect to the network both with wireless or wired, but i cant browse websites. I've tried connecting from several different locations and i get the same result. I took it to Best Buy and they said "its broke and they cant help me". Anyone have any suggestions for me? if you need any system info, just let me kno. Thanks!

A:Connected to the internet but cant browse websites

May have to reset your DNS resolution

10 Ways to Troubleshoot DNS Resolution Issues

That is best buy for you... Jack of all trades, Master of None

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/139290-connected-internet-but-cant-browse-websites.html
Relevancy 71.81%

Hello all I m new here and having an annoying problem I currently have computers internet... connected browse can't but is Solved: LAN in my home PCs and laptop and all three are wired with Ethernet cords The PC s are Solved: LAN is connected but can't browse internet... not the problem the laptop is Day before yesterday I was able to connect to the internet with the laptop now yesterday and unfortunately today Solved: LAN is connected but can't browse internet... I am having the same trouble I spoke with my DSL provider and all is good on that end and the router NetgearDGN is working well because there is no problem with the laptops The tech for my DSL provider said it sounded like it was an ip configuration prob But since it s a third party product he couldn t help me no problem LOL and I ve been on hold for C S for netgear for quite a long time I prefer getting my info this way because I can grasp the info a lot better and in the unlikely event I have this problem again I have C P d the info from ipconfig and ipconfig all below Also I am running WindowsXP if I ve forgotten anything don t hesitate to ask and I will provide any other stuff necessary Thanks again MeMe Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings Michelle gt ipconfig Windows IP Configuration Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway C Documents and Settings Michelle gt Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings Michelle gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name mobilememe Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description SiS -Based PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter Physical Address - - - -E - Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Friday January AM Lease Expires Saturday January AM nbsp

Relevancy 71.81%

My laptop (which is using vista) says it is connected to my home network when i go into the connect to a network page, but when i get out it says on the network and sharing center and on the tray that it is not connected to a network and asks me to connect despite the fact that it already is. it also does not allow me to browse the internet or release and renew my ip's. When i go into the device manager it says that in my isatap 2 adapter that ipv4 and ipv6 are not connected. i also cannot use system restore on my computer as the last date i have is the day after this problem began. please help, my drivers are all up to date and my router and modem are working fine.

A:Laptop says connected to internet but cannot browse

Hi.Any hardware/software changes around the time this went South ?
Perhaps a basic reset is in order just to make sure that all the components are playing nice with each other.
Tips on setting up broadband connection, courtesy of Johnwill

You don't need any setup disk to configure a broadband router.
Reset the router to factory defaults by holding the reset button down for 15 seconds with power on. The following procedure should get you a connection with any broadband modem that is configured to use DHCP for the router connection, such as cable modems, and many DSL modems. If you require PPPoE configuration for the DSL modem, that will have to be configured to match the ISP requirements.
&#8226; Turn off everything, the modem, router, computer.
&#8226; Connect the modem to the router's WAN/Internet port.
&#8226; Connect the computer to one of the router's LAN/Network ports.
&#8226; Turn on the modem, wait for a steady connect light.
&#8226; Turn on the router, wait for two minutes.
&#8226; Boot the computer.

When the computer is completely booted, let's see this.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD (COMMAND for W98/WME) to open a command prompt:

NOTE: For the items below in red surrounded with < >, see comments below for the actual information content, they are value substitutions from the previous command output!

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following commands one at a time, followed by the Enter key:

IPCONFIG /ALL

PING <computer_IP_address>

PING <default_gateway_address>

PING <dns_servers>

PING 206.190.60.37

PING yahoo.com

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter to copy the contents to the clipboard.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-says-connected-to-internet-but-cannot-browse.942547/
Relevancy 71.81%

So I m running a hp dv- and my router is a I cant internet but browse pages Connected to cisco dpc Just a couple days ago my internet was working fine and the next day my internet browsers suddenly stopped being able browse webpages this was after a windows update It says im connected and my AIM connects I can see and try to connect to Connected to internet but I cant browse pages other networks aswell I can ping my default gateway and IPs but not URLs I can ping googles I tried resetting winsock and resetting ipv ipvs and flushing in my Connected to internet but I cant browse pages device manager it says my intel wireless chip is working fine however some mini ports also in wireless had yellow triangles next to them in my HP connection manager says my wifi is disabled and shows a greyed out enable box I tried plugging in an ethernet cord and that didnt give me access to webpages either I ve run out of ideas and most problems like mine were solved by doing one of the steps I ve already tried any ideas nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connected-to-internet-but-i-cant-browse-pages.1078855/
Relevancy 71.81%

I have a home wireless internet setup with three computers all vista two of which have no problems However one of the computers has internet browsing issues where the computer is connected to the internet and outlook can Internet Browse Connected But Wireless Cannot get messages updates can be downloaded but Wireless Internet Connected But Cannot Browse the browser IE or Firefox behaves as if it is not connected the internet globe down the bottom of the browser is still there but it can t access any sites This inability to browse drops in and out I should note that during these phases you can t even access the router homepage in the browser Not sure where to start but have tried the following all of which had no effect reset winsock ensured that the LAN WLAN DHCP is set to automatic using alternative browsers such as Firefox Diagnose connection - comes back saying there is nothing wrong with the connection Any other ideas about what can be causing this HP have said they will not help as the internet connection is ok and my internet provider was unable to help nbsp

A:Wireless Internet Connected But Cannot Browse

Could be a non-Windows firewall or security suite blocking browsers.

(From a JohnWill post)

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Vista or 7.

Start, Programs\Accessories and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt.

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reset IPv4 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log

Reset IPv6 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log

Reboot the machine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-internet-connected-but-cannot-browse.859074/
Relevancy 71.81%

I upgraded my OS from Windows Vista Home Premium to Windows Ultimate When all was done and over updates installed and so on I upgraded the Internet Explorer as well from Unable browse Internet to IM to or but connected IE included in the Win install to IE I used to have IE before on Vista A little bit after that I had to uninstall re-install the VPN client for my work and things started going south Currently after I start the computer the MSN Messenger is not working the Yahoo Unable to browse or IM but connected to Internet messenger is not working IE Firefox and Chrome are not working IE just hangs sometimes is displaying lt endif gt but it seems to find the sites because I can see the icon of the page changing Chrome is not able to connect even to google Unable to browse or IM but connected to Internet com but it let s me down nicely doesn t hog resources like IE does The Internet connection is fine because I can ping I can connect to my work s VPN sometimes even some https pages are briefly working Once I connect to the VPN everything works great Now comes the weird part after I connect to the VPN and disconnect the browsers work the IM works so something gets reset in that process and makes it fine but I have no idea what NOTE IE is still barely moving - you request a page go get a snack and maybe it has loaded I have looked at numerous threads on different forums and I tried a lot of stuff but nothing seems to solve the problem I tried the netsh winsock netsh int ipconfig flushdns msconfig to boot in safe mode I even uninstalled the antivirus remove the IE update from Win reinstalled it used netstat to see the connections etc etc So my question is what happens when VPN gets started that makes it possible for me to browse even after I disconnect from it nbsp

A:Unable to browse or IM but connected to Internet

I upgraded my OS from Windows Vista Home Premium to Windows 7 Ultimate.Click to expand...

That's a pretty expensive upgrade. Especially considering that you didn't do it until almost three years after Windows 7 was released. Why? And from where did you purchase it?

So my question is what happens when VPN gets started that makes it possible for me to browse even after I disconnect from it?Click to expand...

Usually a VPN will block all other networking (resembles a firewall in that regard) when it is running. When you exit from it, it should stop blocking other networking. That seems to be working. Sometimes just having a VPN installed, but not in use, will cause networking trouble. So I think that your question should be, "why is my networking blocked before I use the VPN?".

Maybe some startup program that prepares for a quick start when you access the VPN? Maybe a firewall or security suite that is corrupted or mis-configured but somehow gets "fixed" by the VPN? Maybe something about just having the VPN installed that we won't be able to figure out?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-browse-or-im-but-connected-to-internet.1067866/
Relevancy 71.81%

My other computer has Internet connection but I cannot browse or sign in to Msn browse Connected cannot but Solved: Internet to or Yahoo etc But I can update I went to Msn s connection troubleshooter and it indicates that my Default Gateway DNS and Keyport have problems I ve searched all over the Solved: Connected to Internet but cannot browse internet but Solved: Connected to Internet but cannot browse still no luck which made me decide to join the forums This is my ipconfig there is one thing that I noticed which is that unlike this computer where I bolded red there is no nd address only the first address which is Also it is a wired connection Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Alex gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Alex-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R PRO VE Network Connection Physical Address - A- - -C -D DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe f e b f df c b Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap A FFDC - C - -AF - E FB br F Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

Relevancy 71.81%

I'm sure other people have had this problem and I have viewed their threads and tried everything that was listed that I could find but to no avail I have a HP Pavilion running Windows Vista Home Premium I try to connect says but browse cannot the connected am internet, web to System I to the internet but whenever I try to browse it cannot display the webpage I am trying to load And here's the kicker the darn thing says I am connected with full bars even As far as I can tell I have no out of date drivers I checked and double checked to make sure I have tried resetting the TCP IP and winsock settings files System says I am connected to internet, but cannot browse the web using the commands I found in a thread on this forum but it didn't work I tried using ipconfig described in another thread and even though I can successfully ping sites three different ones I might add the release renew commands didn't resolve it I even tried a system restore to rollback updates still didn't work Most of what I found in these forums I have tried but I cannot seem to establish internet connection even though it says I am connected It has yet to be updated to Service Pack but I'm pretty sure that's not what's causing the problem but it's a possibility I would try to copy and paste the results of ipconfig all but it seems like you can't do that with a DOS window as well as you can with any normal text window I have exhausted my research capabilities to a good degree and am in need of assistance

A:System says I am connected to internet, but cannot browse the web

I'm answering threads because this calculus class is boring right now so when I get home I'll be better equipped to help you, but for the meantime:
1) what kind of web browser are you using to try accessing the Web?
2) have you tried accessing another Web-page besides that one page?
3) have you tried using another browser, or uninstalling and reinstalling your favourite one?

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/271057-system-says-i-am-connected-internet-but-cannot-browse-web.html
Relevancy 71.81%

Hello I decided web. browse connected but Vista can to not Internet to take the plunge Vista connected to Internet but can not browse web. and purchased myself Vista Home Premium bit SP to take advantage of my bit hardware mainly for all the latest Vista connected to Internet but can not browse web. games I was always quite happy with XP I was previously using Winxp bit SP and never had any problems at all I do not recall ever have a BSoD After the installation I found that I could not browse any websites using IE I thought it was security or firewall problem so disabled them all I have not even installed any party software yet so no virus scanners to disable In the network settings it shows Computer - gt Home Network - gt Internet connection I can connect to my works VPN and web mail services just fine using IE Fire fox I had to download FF onto a flash card on another computer I can ping websites IP's but just can not connect to them via HTTP The exact same thing happens to my friends laptop running Vista when he Vista connected to Internet but can not browse web. comes over and uses my internet We can both connect to WoW and other game servers just fine but he could not browse the internet even though he was connected I am using a D-Link DI- Residential Gateway Router with my cable modem plugged into the WAN socket and I have a Wireless D-Link Access Point plugged into the uplink and this has worked fine for many years All of my devices can connect and browse the internet just fine either via Wireless or LAN including PC's running either OSX WinXP and Win I have a PSP Iphone and IPOD Touch all connect and browse the internet fine with absolutely no problems If I plug my cable modem directly into the PC running Vista everything works fine I have tried searching forums and other various websites for the same problem and it seems that most of the fixes offered worked for those people but they do not work for me I tried flushing the socket using the Winsock reset commands but this does not do the trick I have spoken to someone at work today and they said I may need to add the PC's network card Mac address to my router to allow it access but I do not see the sense in this as I have not needed to do this to any other of my devices I just can not find an answer and this post is my last hope Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks Mal

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/192255-vista-connected-internet-but-can-not-browse-web.html
Relevancy 71.81%

When using my Windows XP SP Laptop and Desktop it says that I HAVE excellent connection to the wireless internet but I CANNOT browse or download content When using my Andriod phone I CANNOT connect to the wireless internet When using my Mac laptop and Iphone I CAN connect to the wireless internet I HAVE internet connection Internet can't wireless Connected but to browse and I CAN browse the internet when I DIRECTLY connect the modem to the Windows laptop Network adapters Broadcom b g WLAN Laptop with Windows XP OS Belkin surf and share wireless network adapter Desktop with Windows XP OS Windows IP Configuration Host Name end-d a Connected to wireless Internet but can't browse b a Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection MediaState Media disconnected Description NVIDIA Connected to wireless Internet but can't browse nForce Networking Controller Physical Address - B- - D- C- Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom b g WLAN Physical Address - - -B - - Dhcp Enabled Connected to wireless Internet but can't browse Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers OTHER INFOS Obtain IP and DNS automatically is set Tried setting it manually to and the problem is still there I did ping and it showed replies I already did flushdns and registerdns I already did netsh in ip reset reset log and netsh winsock reset catalog and reboot I m not that experienced at troubleshooting my computers so please bear with me I am not familiar with some networking acronyms Please instruct me as simple as possible Step by step When you need more info please tell me also on how to get that info from my computer Thank you very much nbsp

A:Connected to wireless Internet but can't browse

First off, have you tried going into your routers online management panel and making sure the SSID and Security key are valid? Also I have had issues with Bradcom adapters in the past, but unless all the computers you own use a Bradcom adapter I seriously doubt that is the problem. If you have the Belkin Monitor Software already installed on one of your computers you can use that to access the settings for your router, but if not let me know and I will walk you through how to do it manually.

Let me know if you find any obvious errors in your settings, and any questions you have just either leave a reply here, or send me a PM, either way.

Best of Luck
-Alex

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connected-to-wireless-internet-but-cant-browse.185203/
Relevancy 71.81%

Hi,

I have a dell Inspiron 1545 on windows vista. I am having problems connecting it to the Internet. It says that it is connected wirelessly but when I open up my Internet explorer it says it cannot display the page and won't let me browse. I have been on devise manager and under network adaptors there are two saying
Dell wireless 1397 WLAN mini-card
Marvell Yukon 88e8040 PCI -E fast ethernet controller
But it says they are both up to date. I can not connect my laptop to anyone wireless router. Any one know how I can fix it?

Many thanks.

A:Laptop connected to Internet but won't let me browse

Marvell Yukon 88e8040 PCI -E fast ethernet controller is Ethernet wired not wifi.

Click on Start type in CMD locate CMD.exe right click on CMD.exe select "Run as Administrator"

at the command prompt type in and hit enter after each one.

Ipconfig /release
Ipconfig /renew
Ipconfig /flushdns
Ipconfig /all
Leave cmd open
Try to connect to the internet if no success post ipconfig /all contents here.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/laptop-connected-to-internet-but-wont-let-me-browse-630884.html
Relevancy 71.81%

Hi all First post here and hoping someone can help me please I have two laptops- this one which my Dad lent me and my work laptop Both have been connected to the internet wirelessly for months and knew it was an unsecured connection so thought today I would try and fix this problem myself- but now I connected browse can't but internet to Wirelessly can only use the internet when I have my internet cable attached even though my computer tells me I have a wireless internet connection The computer is also often switching between mine and someone else s unsecured internet connection I have been changing some settings by typing Wirelessly connected to internet but can't browse in in my address bar to try and make the connection secure Also been changing settings using the properties tab in the wireless internet connection status box I noticed another post where Terry I think advised someone to use the Run command to find some settings I have copied these below but I have had to take out the dns suffix lines at the start as it shows my Dad Wirelessly connected to internet but can't browse s work Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings enrj gt IPCONFIG ALL Windows IP Configuration Host Name xp-mm Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Peer-Peer IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R PRO PL Network Connect ion Physical Address - -B -A - - Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained March Lease Expires March Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R PRO Wireless ABG Networ k Connection Physical Address - -D -D -FF- Dhcp Enabled No IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Netw ork Physical Address - - A-D - - C Documents and Settings enrj gt Any ideas Thanks for your time nbsp

Relevancy 71.81%

I'm unable to browse internet on my old p4/xp desktop pc, the internet
gets connected but it doesn't load any pages at all, neither the
browsers work nor any installer application works, it shows connection
error, i use a bluetooth or USB connection via my cell phone,. I can
browse internet via the same connection on my laptop but not on my
desktop, is it some virus/spyware or is it some hardware/software
settings issue? how to diagnose the problem? please help...
and yeah also suggest me any portable anti-virus that I can take from my
laptop to my desktop because there is no internet on my desktop so
can't update anything...

A:Connected to internet but unable to browse

Run some scans with general AV softwares, and it wouldn't harm to post a HJT log to the malware removal forum just to make sure the issue isn't malware related. If it isn't malware, try resetting the router. If this dosen't work, try disabling your network adapter and re-enabling. If none of these work, run CMD as an administrator, type in ipconfig /release, hit enter and wait. Then ipconfig /flushdns, after this, ipconfig /renew. One of these should help your problem. If not, nothing else comes to mind and I'm sorry that I cannot assist further.

EDIT: Make sure to do the CMD commands in that order, wait for them to complete each time.

- Agglomerate

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/487011/connected-to-internet-but-unable-to-browse/
Relevancy 71.81%

for some time now i cannot connect to my at home wireless network. i cannot figure it out.

im on my desktop now, but when i try to connect wirelessly from my laptop it does not work. i dont think its the laptop either b/c it works just fine at school
it is odd though because it wont work when connected with ethernet cord either at home OR at school...strange.
im on windows xp

A:Connected to wireless but cannot browse the internet?!

On the router make sure MAC Address filtering is not enabled, and disable encryption. Try to connect by wireless and wire and show ...

Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:
(For Vista type CMD in the Search box after Start)

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connected-to-wireless-but-cannot-browse-the-internet.783267/
Relevancy 71.81%

Hi I have a problem that is becoming very annoying I've internet cannot browse I connected Wireless but IS trawled through a heck of a lot of pages google on my other computer but nothing is really helping so instead I'll describe the problem and hope that someone gets back to me I am trying to connect my partner's Packard Bell laptop using a Sitecom wireless card I upgraded the laptop from XP Service pack to XP SP The problem is that the although the computer says that it Wireless internet IS connected but I cannot browse is connected to the Internet I cannot use either Firefox or IE If I press the option in TCP IP properties 'obtain ip automatically' then the computer tells me that there is limited connectivity and therefore cannot connect So to get connected I have filled in all the relevant fields IP address subnet mask default gateway and both DNS servers and still I have nothing I have used the router's IP aswell as on IP but I get nothing In Firefox I have played around with the proxy settings- to have proxy on or to automatically set it and still I have nothing It seems that whatever I try I cannot get the Internet up In my house I have other computers exc my partner's laptop connected wirelessly They work fine as does the router as does the Sitecom wireless card I believe I am at the end of my tether trying to figure out what is wrong any help would be very much appreciated Wireless internet IS connected but I cannot browse Martin

A:Wireless internet IS connected but I cannot browse

Hi Martin, welcome to TSF...

for the IP address, have you tried an address which is in the router's range but not used on another system on the network?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/wireless-internet-is-connected-but-i-cannot-browse-294035.html
Relevancy 71.81%

Dear sir
   I have laptop with OS windows 8.1. But problem is "Internet Connected but can't Browse any site". I ping my ISP gateway IP add , DNS & global DNS. Also I ping google.com, yahoo.com, gmail.com etc. I remove my Anit Virus software
& Disable windows firewall.

Than i use some command & cmd like:
netsh winsock reset
 ipconfig /flushdns
But problem same I can not surfing any site.
Please help me how to solve with out format OS.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/204a13f6-c409-4835-8780-166393b5c65f/internet-connected-but-cant-browse-any-site?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 71.81%

Hi everyone Here is my problem at hand I am using rogers rocket mobile internet stick G cell network for internet but I am switching to Rogers Hub same G cell network because its a little cheaper I can browse and access the internet fine with the stick however I cannot browse the internet with the Hub It shows I am connected called Rogers tech support and went through a bunch of tests using the CMD and typing in the specific IP address of websites it will take me to the webpage but if I type in a webaddress to Cannot internet but Browse Connected the Solved: nothing happens So I thought something must be wrong with the Hub itself So we took it to Mom s house and it works fine So we thought it must Solved: Connected to the internet but Cannot Browse have Solved: Connected to the internet but Cannot Browse something to do with the browser settings and that rogers stick has changed settings automatically Has anyone out there had our same issue I tried some of the things listed on posts with regards to this same question unchecking proxy boxes in Lan settings Unistalling Internet Explorer amp re-installing Not sure what to do next please help and if you would list step by step instructions I would be forever greatful nbsp

A:Solved: Connected to the internet but Cannot Browse

and typing in the specific IP address of websites it will take me to the webpage but if I type in a webaddress nothing happens. Click to expand...

That sounds like a DNS issue
Does it work OK with all website IPs
Techguy.org try 209.183.226.152

i will move to networking forum

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-connected-to-the-internet-but-cannot-browse.921241/
Relevancy 71.81%

I know about the issue of disabling default gateway... but the thing is on my Windows Vista, when i click on advanced setting for tcp/ip 4, there is no box ticks for disabling it. I don't know why.

A:VPN Network - Can't Browse Internet While VPN Connected

As in, when I turn on my VPN, i am not allowed to connect to the browser and use internet, although my connection is on when using bit torrent for example. I just am not able to use the browser internet.

Is there any way to fix it?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vpn-network-cant-browse-internet-while-vpn-connected.1076250/
Relevancy 71.81%

Hello,
Please i really need someone help. i'm having difficulties with my internet connection.. My internet is plugged in and it says it works. But I can't browse any websites, it's like i didn't have internet. I can play online games, i can go on steam and talk or play online and I could ping in cmd as well. I'm running window 7 64bit.

I have already trying to fix with :

1) reset tcp/ip with netsh thing
2) flush dns
3) uncheck proxy in internet explorer
4) run avira antivirus, malwarebyte, spybot, cccleaner, tuneup utilities
5) try to connect with mozilla, chrome, internet explorer but fail.
5) trying to connected in safe mode with networking but still fail.
none of this solution work

Could anyone help me? I'd appriciate it greatly. I'll give you some of my computer info and if you need more, just ask.

Thanks in advance!.

Relevancy 71.38%

Hello everyone,

I set up my new O2 wireless box yesterday,wireless internet was working fine for an hour and then...stopped working??!
All lights on the 02 box are correct,my laptop says I'm connected to wireless internet and the signalis excellent, but I have lots of paquets sent and O received.
I uninstalled my firewall (Zonealarm) then I disabled Windows firewall too,nothing changed.

Anybody who could help?

Thanks a lot!

M

A:Solved: Connected to wireless internet but can't browse the internet

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-connected-to-wireless-internet-but-cant-browse-the-internet.877251/
Relevancy 71.38%

Hi I have computers on my network connected to a dlink dir wireless N router and they are both connected via dwa wireless usb adaptors They both have windows vista home premium except my computer also runs the windows beta Recently both computers have been experiancing problems cannot the after couple internet minutes but of to the connected internet browse a where it will be connected to the internet for a while and it will let you browse the internet then after a while it will not connected to the internet but cannot browse the internet after a couple of minutes load up any pages yet it will state that it is connected to the internet Even if i reconnect it to the internet it will not work however with windows it works perfectly and i havent experianced any problems Also i ve noticed when you restart the computer it seems to work again untill it decides to fail I have tried to search on the internet for a solution but most state it as being a problem with switching from a bloatware app like norton connected to the internet but cannot browse the internet after a couple of minutes to a better antivirus It would be greatly appreciated if you could help me out with this problem as its quite annoying thanks in advance for any help arj EDIT I forgot to mention I have tried alternative wireless adaptors i ve tried reinstalling the drivers ive tried different usb ports ive tried connecting it via a wired connected and it worked however it s not really practical to have a long wire running throughout the house nbsp

A:connected to the internet but cannot browse the internet after a couple of minutes

If you have any addons, disable it. Also if you have yahoo companion toolbar, remove it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connected-to-the-internet-but-cannot-browse-the-internet-after-a-couple-of-minutes.802396/
Relevancy 71.38%

Hey everyone, sorry if this is in wrong area.

So today I bought a secondhand computer. It's a Toshiba Satelite L875D-S7230.

When I connect it to my home wifi it connects no problem and says 'internet access' when I hover over the icon. However when I open open google chrome or internet explorer and type in a site, it takes a little while then says this page cannot be displayed or this web page is unavailable.

The guy I bought it from says he had no issues. And I know it's not the internet because I'm using the internet to post this from phone.
I've tried a few ideas that worked for other people on other forums like using cmd box but to no avail.

Has anyone got any idea why the computer is being such a turd?? Can anyway give advice on how to fix the problem? Thank you all so much!

A:Connected to wifi, PC says 'internet access' but can't browse internet

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connected-to-wifi-pc-says-internet-access-but-cant-browse-internet.1131623/
Relevancy 70.95%

I had a trojan on my machine I've cleaned it with PC Cillin and Spy Doctor and System Mechanic Professional The pc seems to function properly but I'm having internet connection issues I can get the internet Vista network, can't to browse but internet connected IE7 to work occassionally by unplugging the network cable plugging it back in and simply trying the interet repeatedly until it connects However I cannot open another browser window and connect to the internet It just hangs and does not respond If I close this browser window and try Vista IE7 connected to network, but can't browse internet to open the browser again it won't connect It just hangs I've done all the usually stuff release ip and renenwed over-and-over-and-over again I've turned off all virus programs I'm still connected to the internet as I can send and receive emails but I Vista IE7 connected to network, but can't browse internet cannot quot browse quot the internet with a browser Firefox also fails to browse and will quot not respond quot and quot close quot I think it's related to the Trojan but I'm not sure since I've ran different cleansing programs and they now say I'm clean I've reset my router but that's not the issue as it occurs when I bypass the router and go straight to the modem Thanks for any help you can provide See log below HijackThis LogLogfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C Windows system Dwm exeC Windows system taskeng exeC Windows Explorer EXEC Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAAnotif exeC Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exeC Program Files Intel IntelDH CCU CCU TrayIcon exeC Program Files Common Files Intel IntelDH NMS Support IntelHCTAgent exeC Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exeC Program Files Intel IntelDH CCU CCU Engine exeC Vista IE7 connected to network, but can't browse internet Program Files Zune ZuneLauncher exeC Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtcmd exeC Program Files Smart PDF Creator Pro sspdfagentd exeC Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exeC Program Files Infogrames Atari Anniversary Edition Volume Atari Icon exeC Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exeC Program Files DellSupport DSAgnt exeC Windows ehome ehtray exeC Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exeC Program Files Kuma Games hcsystray hc tray exeC Windows System rundll exeC Windows ehome ehmsas exeC Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exeC Windows system rundll exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Windows system SearchFilterHost exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Internet Explorer provided by DellR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer - C E -B - BC - - C CA - C Program Files Real RealPlayer rpbrowserrecordplugin dllO - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO Browse... Read more

A:Vista IE7 connected to network, but can't browse internet

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a description of your problem, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below a staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.comDDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results, click no to the Optional_ScanFollow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERER,K

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/185214/vista-ie7-connected-to-network-but-cant-browse-internet/
Relevancy 70.95%

Fix edit In case anyone has the same (connected Internet consistency) browse woes with can't but any problem after a lot of work I finally found the problem It was a combination of Eset and utorrent Eset WAP was doing scans on everything utorrent was downloading which was crippling me After setting an exclusion on utorrent so it no longer scanned everything my problems went away It Internet woes (connected but can't browse with any consistency) seems so elementary now Thanks for all the help regardless Hi guys I'm a first timer I've used this forum before to look for soloutions but this time I can't seem to find any answers for my particular Internet woes (connected but can't browse with any consistency) problem and I've pulled out a lot of hair over this My situation I live in Japan My apartment building provides internet in the form of a network Each floor has it's own internet connection which is operated by the ISP it's a big one A week and a half ago my internet connection went on the fritz In a really annoying way I can connect to irc I can use MSN I can use my torrent program But I can't web browse with any consistency That is to say I can open web pages like right now but I am soon unable to do so I have to hit spend - minutes hitting refresh to get a page up and even then it just MIGHT load up properly I also have trouble retrieving my email Several other residents reported the same problem but it soon rectified itself they said they didn't do anything it just kind of sorted itself out I'm the only one who still can't browse properly Now I bitched and moaned at the ISP to send someone over which they did but they said they found nothing wrong with the line or the network and indeed the ISP man connected his own laptop to the network in front of me and it worked fine so of course the problem is me The ISP guy suggested I try closing some windows i had several different folders open which just really made me angry I didn't show it i'm not a total asshole I have no problems connecting to different networks using wireless there is a public wireless point in our lobby or even using cables I tried using a friends connection So it seems to be a problem specifically with my laptop and my network I've tried all manner of things changing cables flushing dns winsock etc etc Nothing works The connection just seems to come and go I'm really at my wits end I suspect it's some sort of DNS problem this is from what i've gleaned from people with similar problems but really have no idea Any and all tips suggestions are most welcome lt insert star wars quote gt Thank you obi wan you're my only hope lt geek gt

A:Internet woes (connected but can't browse with any consistency)

Z

can you go to start>search>type cmd>right click and run as admin>type ipconfig /all, using the built in snipping tool (type snipping in search) take a screenshot of the output and upload it to us using the attachment icon (shaped like a paperclip) in the reply form.

thanks

ken

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/251451-internet-woes-connected-but-cant-browse-any-consistency.html
Relevancy 70.95%

I have this laptop given to me at work.. it works at office when network adpater is set to auto detect but does not work at home. Same configuration setting works fine on my personal laptop and desktop. Not sure whts the issue. When at office its works and at home it does not. Though it did work at home for one day..

help me tried every trick in the book

A

A:Solved: internet connected but cannot browse on laptop

If it was given to you at work, I guess they should be the ones to fix it, don't you think?

I have had a similar issue in the past with my laptop. I have tried every trick in the book to get back my Internet connection but to no avail, even if the signal was quite strong. For an unknown reason, when uninstalling and reinstalling my D-Link wireless adapter driver (CD included), everything returns to normal.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-internet-connected-but-cannot-browse-on-laptop.877809/
Relevancy 70.95%

hi i really need help... my computer is connected to the internet but when i try to start mozilla it wont show anything but a white loading screen... i kno im connected to the internet cuz my limewire still works... the only time it works is when i unplug the whole entire computer n start it up again but it only works for a little bit

A:Computer Connected to internet but wont browse

go to Start/Run and type CMD in the command prompt type Ipconfig if it comes up with an IP address other then a 169.x.x.x you are connected. However if you have Limewire, chances are great that you have a virus and spyware keeping your from connecting. Try a different browser like Firefox.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-connected-to-internet-but-wont-browse-382492.html
Relevancy 70.95%

I have a computer running Windows Vista It seemed to have had some viruses so I removed them but I still cannot browse the internet I can get windows updates and the computer is showing connected but no browsing in any browser I browse Internet computer connected Unable but to is suspect it is a virus Please see my HiJack logs and if anyone can help that would be great I do not want to reformat Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Unknown Windows WinNT SP MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C Unable to browse Internet but computer is connected Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avgnt exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C WINDOWS RtHDVCpl exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Program Files LimeWire LimeWire exe C Program Unable to browse Internet but computer is connected Files Common Files microsoft shared Works Shared WkCalRem exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe C Windows System mobsync exe C Users tracy Documents HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL Unable to browse Internet but computer is connected http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale EN CA amp c amp bd Presario amp pf desktop R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http g msn ca SEENCA SAOS FORM TOOLBR R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhost O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dll file missing O - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO Search Helper - EBF - F- bff-A F-B E AAC B - C Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack Search Helper SEPsearchhelperie dll O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - BHO Google Dictionary Compression sdch - C D FE-E D- -BB - C E E C E - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar Component fastsearch B C AC BB E dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO Windows Live Toolbar Helper - E A DC - - A - EA-DC EC ACF - C Program Files Windows Live Toolbar wltcore dll O - Toolbar Google Toolbar - C B - - d - B - A CD F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - Toolbar amp Windows Live Toolbar - FA EF- D- D - B F- A D - C Program Files Windows Live Toolbar wltcore dll O - HKLM Run CanonMyPrinter C Program Files Canon MyPrinter BJMyPrt exe logon O - HKLM Run CanonSolutionMenu C Program Files Canon SolutionMenu CNSLMAIN exe logon O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run avgnt quot C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avgnt exe quot min O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - H... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-browse-internet-but-computer-is-connected.882799/
Relevancy 70.95%

I am using the broadband services of an internet provider in Quebec named Acanac-Inc. From the past few days, I am unable to access internet through WiFi. The internet is showing connected. But when we try to access a webpage it shows like "Cannot be displayed". I tried the same with a LAN cable connecting the laptop directly, and it works fine. What could be the problem behind this. If anybody knows, please share some tips to resolve this.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/73709-internet-showing-connected-but-unable-browse.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Hey bros ,

We were having a autoconnect broadband but due to some problems we changed that mode to dial up connection . So I usually hate dialling up and waiting and it takes long time to connect . Yesterday , I got through 192.168.1.1 and Resaved the data to autoconnect . Since then I can only open google sites like gmail.com , google.com , skype , youtube [ Can't watch videos ] . I flushed dns , changed dns server and unplugged the whole wires and plugged them again . Please help me guys , I'm having a exam next week . Please help .....

A:Internet Connected but only able to browse Google sites

Guys .... Please Reply . I need solution

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/281644-internet-connected-but-only-able-browse-google-sites.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Hi all my laptop is toshiba satelite pro it has vista on it and i connect to my router wirelessly but then turn off take it out with me but then try to connect wifi in shop says connected but no internet when opening internet explorer . keeps doing it please help

A:Wireless connection say connected but can't browse Internet

please anyone .. if more information needed please let me know

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-connection-say-connected-but-cant-browse-internet.177333/
Relevancy 70.95%

I am having problems browsing the web on AOL Internet explorer works fine I can send and receive e-mails on AOL I can access facebook on AOL but when I search anything in the browser bar the message comes up with a blank page and message says quot NAVIGATION TO THE WEB PAGE WAS CANCELLED quot I have laptops using AOL off of the same router all work fine I have contacted AOL lots of suggestion but nothing works I have tried a system reset to a works cannot AOL but connected browse AOL on Explorer Internet can to previous date I have run a couple of complete scans with Norton I have de-installed AOL and re-installed AOL I have run the AOL quick fix no luck I have had no problems like this before been with AOL for years My systems is a Windows XP Any advice please would be very welcome short of chucking this PC in the bin and going to get another PC dont know what else to do

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/internet-explorer-works-can-connected-to-aol-but-cannot-browse-on-aol-495052.html
Relevancy 70.09%

I just recently got my laptop back from the IT specialist who so kindly fixed my computer. The only problem I am having is that I can connected to my wireless, but I am unable to surf the net, unless it is a site by Google, such as Gmail, Google Maps, etc. I tried searching, but nothing I pulled up seems to be working for me. Has anyone else had a similar problem and was able to corrected it?

Thank you

A:Laptop Wireless Connected, but won't allow me to browse the Internet except Google

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-wireless-connected-but-wont-allow-me-to-browse-the-internet-except-google.922559/
Relevancy 70.09%

Network Adapter AR PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller NDIS Atheros So days ago while i was sleeping i had access/Browse Sites. no to Internet Connected Network left my dekstop still running i woke up and tried to open mozilla but it wouldnt load any sites So after having a technician check my desktop he could not identify the problem problem is that both my brother's and mother's pcs can browse and use the internet via wifi ethernet mine Connected to Network no Internet access/Browse Sites. cannot browse or Connected to Network no Internet access/Browse Sites. connect to any programs like steam or diablo exe the weird thing is that on the bottom right corner next to the timezone settings it says that i am connected to the internet with internet access what i am trying to prevent is to format the pc because i will lose alot of stuff that are essential to my work is there a way to understand what is going on when i run a trouble shooting it says something about peer service not running but i couldnt find an answer on google running windows ultimate bit i had internet and everything worked just fine days ago btw the initial search on the google gave me something about norton product and i can recall i had this advertisement of a norton product that i should download and register but i always clicked remind me later cheers for any help

A:Connected to Network no Internet access/Browse Sites.

You will want to go into Windows services to make sure that the peer networking service is started and set to manual.

There should be three different peer services there. You need to type services.msc into the run box in order to open up Windows services.

As for the connectivity problem. You might try resetting winsock for that.

Download that file and to run it right-click on winsockfix.bat and click on ?Run as administrator?.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/256764-connected-network-no-internet-access-browse-sites.html
Relevancy 70.09%

Hi guys It's my first time My internet but was wifi Vista network to browse connected a can't the to post a topic here but i am not a newbie to BC I am Jerald IT head in a hardware company I want to share my problem to all you readers I have a desktop computer that has a internet connection or let's say it is my server I am using D-Link Ethernet Broadband Router which has an IP Address This router is not a wireless router I bought a wireless router named Linkysys I configured it using Automatic Configuration -DHCP with a router name WRT G i used the D-link router ip address as it's gateway I My Vista was connected to a wifi network but can't browse the internet disabled the DHCP server in other words i am using a router a non-wireless connected directly to My Vista was connected to a wifi network but can't browse the internet my desktop computer and a wireless router connected to that D-LINK broadband router I tested the connection using Windows XP laptop and by then it works I can connect to my wireless network and browse the internet On the properties of my loptop wireless network i configured it as quot obatain IP address automatically and quot Used the Following DNS Server' i used Preferred DNS and Alternate DNS I click on the quot ADVANCED quot button and add a gateway using my D-LInk router IP address Suddenly one of our customers want to connect in our wirless network He is carrying a Windows Vista laptop I connect it to linksys wireless network but i can't connect to internet obviously it has an X on its connection to the internet But if i look on it's wireless connection it says IT WAS CONNECTED and it displays EXCELLENT on it's status I wonder why i can't connect and browse the internet Please help me how to configure it no problem with windows xp it's on vista alone Thank Jerald

A:My Vista was connected to a wifi network but can't browse the internet

I had simmilar wierdness with my new linksys wireless router until I ran their included setup wizard. after that everything was fine.
aparently it flips some internal switch allowing the thing to work properly.

Have you tried that?

Also - the laptop connected to the wireless router. can he get to local company sites and/or PCs? ... if not, try rebooting.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/my-vista-was-connected-to-a-wifi-network-but-cant-browse-the-internet-322525.html
Relevancy 70.09%

Hello A few days ago I found my laptop not being able to browse at all I am definitely connected as all other wireless devices are fine I am using Internet Explorer I constantly get the message quot The Page cant be displayed quot My AVG is unable to download the newest virus definitions Ive attempted to use DDS as instructed but get message quot DDS is not meant to run in Compatibility Mode The Connected - definitions! browse update Internet / Cannot Antivirus to program shall now exit quot When attempting to run GMER I get the message C WINDOWS system config system the process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process I should add I am using my Samsung Galaxy S to use this forum and it is my only means of connectivity So any files I will be downloading to help me will be downloaded Connected to Internet - Cannot browse / update Antivirus definitions! to my handset then transferred to my laptop Which is Windows x I installed Malwarebytes version Ran a scan but found nothing I was unable to update the definitions though as I have no connection Though I must repeat my laptop is connected to router with full reception Ive downloaded Farbar Recovery Scan Tool Im not sure if this is of any help but Ive added the FRST amp Addition files Please help me

A:Connected to Internet - Cannot browse / update Antivirus definitions!

New Logs. Sorry.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/connected-to-internet-cannot-browse-update-antivirus-definitions-858273.html
Relevancy 70.09%

I have an issues with a hp pavillion desktop. I just reinstalled vista home 32 bit and everything loaded just fine open IE and down at bottom left ip address is showing instead of verbal address. It displays internet explorer cannot display the webpage. ive tried diagnose connection problem and it tried to reset netowork adapter with no luck.Reinstalled network card, reset IE browser to default, started in safe mode with networking and still nothing.I pinged yahoo and got 4 recieved 4 sent. I have no errors in device manager. I called Isp provider and they said something is blocking from recieving, i need to take it in to have it fixed. i have 2 other computers on the same network wirelessly working fine, unplugged cable from hp destop and plugged it into other pc and cable is working just fine.
so any ideas or directions would be great.
thx

A:[SOLVED] Cant browse internet but connected to internet.

and welcome to the Forum

What Real Time protection are you using?

Let's try this:

First:

Power Cycle everything . . Turn off the Modem, router and all pc's . . turn on the Modem and wait a few minutes for the lights to stabilize . . then turn on the router, then one pc at a time. See if you connect to the internet.

Then:

Then: check your browser's settings, remove any proxy settings if found here's how.

Then:

with the pc connected to the router, Click on Start . . Run . . type CMD

At the > prompt type type the following command: IPCONFIG /ALL

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter. Come back here and Paste the results in a message.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f31/solved-cant-browse-internet-but-connected-to-internet-595821.html
Relevancy 70.09%

I installed a parental control program for Internet Explorer but it was not allowing AOL to dial any numbers Also after shutting down the AOL Windows XP would shut down the parental control program saying that it was malfunctioning So I decided to delete the parental control program from my hard drive and I used the uninstall program of the parental control program to uninstall it After the uninstall I noticed that I could dial and use the AOL browser as usual but I could not use Internet Explorer Any web pages that I tried to visit using IE would not display and Internet Explorer would say This page cannot be displayed This is the same message that you get when you are not connected to the internet at all Apparently IE cannot recognize an internet connection when AOL is on I contacted AOL and they instructed me to a lot of things e g resetting the IE settings to default rebuilding the AOL adaptor using the AOL s System Information utility doing system restores turning off AOL s own parental control and finally even reinstalling AOL But none of these solved the problem The AOL guys told me that the parental control program must have done something to IE program files or it may have done something in the registry that they cannot figure out I searched the Microsoft data base and found AOL to Connected Internet the Explorer Internet Using While Cannot Browse and article Article ID titled Cannot Browse the Internet Using Internet Explorer While Connected to AOL However this article is for IE version and Windows and Windows Me but I use IE version sp and Windows XP Home Cannot Browse the Internet Using Internet Explorer While Connected to AOL sp The article Cannot Browse the Internet Using Internet Explorer While Connected to AOL describes a fix that must be made to the registry to fix this problem which according to the article occurs when upgrading to a new version of AOL in windows Cannot Browse the Internet Using Internet Explorer While Connected to AOL and windows Me I still tried to edit my registry according to the instructions of the article taking into account the differences among Widows XP Me and At first the problem was solved when I deleted WinSock registry key and then Started AOL then restarted the computer and deleted the WinSock key that was put there again automatically and imported the old key that I had deleted But upon restarting the computer for a second time the same problem occurred again and deleting the WinSock registry key and re-importing it again did not help I had also contacted the manufacture of the parental control program Parental Control X-treme made by StompSoft Inc but to no avail Can anybody help me Here is the link for the Microsoft article http support microsoft com default aspx scid kb en-us nbsp

A:Cannot Browse the Internet Using Internet Explorer While Connected to AOL

I'd create a new power user account as a test, install AOL there.

Make sure the Content Advisor in I.E. is disabled.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-browse-the-internet-using-internet-explorer-while-connected-to-aol.315882/
Relevancy 69.66%

Hello Firstly let me apologise if this question is repeated elsewhere but I could not find anything identical to it I have an Acer laptop WiFi Ethernet Whilst Connected Can't Cable Browse Internet and connect from this to the internet via Can't Browse WiFi Internet Whilst Ethernet Cable Connected a CDMA connection provided by the local I live in Thailand version of a Novatel MiFi modem This works just fine for internet Can't Browse WiFi Internet Whilst Ethernet Cable Connected browsing and I simultaneously use P P software to download UK TV stuff I also have a wired network in my house and on this I have a Gb NAS drive There is a wireless router on the network but I am outside of it's range When I connect the network cable to connect to the NAS drive I am no longer able to browse the internet BUT the P P software still carries on working as before So therefore my laptop is still connected to the internet via the Wifi network So why does my browser think otherwise Normally I use Google Chrome but I have also tried IE and this suffers from the same fate Can't Browse WiFi Internet Whilst Ethernet Cable Connected Any suggestions would be much appreciated Alan

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f120/cant-browse-wifi-internet-whilst-ethernet-cable-connected-601433.html
Relevancy 69.66%

Alright so this is my dilemma I am connected to the internet through a wired connection I am also setting up a wireless printing network Here is the problem whenever I connect to the wireless router so that I can share my printer I cannot browse on the internet The vista network logo on the toolbar also loses the quot earth quot in the symbol but yet says that I am connected to local and internet Now what really confuses me is that I can still use AIM but yet both firefox and IE does not connect to the internet As soon as I disconnect from the Wireless network my internet comes right back the Solved: internet separate to Cannot when WiFi wired browse a connected I have searched for hours on this and could not find much other than changing my metric setting which also didn t change anything I believe it is a vista setting because others with Solved: Cannot browse the internet wired when connected to a separate WiFi the same basic setup except for the fact that they have XP can still connect to the WiFi and browse the internet through the LAN Here is a link to a screenshot of my computer specs http img imageshack us my php image specsht jpg And here are my IPCONFIG results when connected to both Wired and Wireless Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users schmiddj gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name schmiddj-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List Belkin Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific Solved: Cannot browse the internet wired when connected to a separate WiFi DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Solved: Cannot browse the internet wired when connected to a separate WiFi Area Network Physical Address - - - C- -D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Belkin Description Intel R Wireless WiFi Link AGN Physical Address - - C- -CB-F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe b c f ca Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Mittwoch November Lease Expires Sonntag Dezember Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R MM Gigabit Network Connecti on Physical Address - F- - C-A - DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d ac b e Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Belkin Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Tun Miniport Adapter Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address d c a ca df f fdfc Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe df f fdfc Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap DDD A -AABE- -BD - C F C br AC Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users schmiddj gt Any help is much appreciated thanks nbsp

A:Solved: Cannot browse the internet wired when connected to a separate WiFi

The direct solution to your problem is to assign a static IP address (make sure it is outside the wireless router Dhcp server's address range) and mask, leaving the Gateway and DNS blank.

Windows XP defaults to the wired connection when multiple Gateways are specified, which may explain why the other PCs do not have the same problem.

There is a reason why you need to use two different networks?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cannot-browse-the-internet-wired-when-connected-to-a-separate-wifi.766271/
Relevancy 69.66%

Ok so I ve been trying for most of the day to fix these issues to no avail and I ve done something that s apparently made it worse I ll do my best to include everything that might help Basically my internet claims to be connected via wire to router computer isn t wireless enabled but when I open a browser I normally use Chrome but no browser is working it came up with the Error no matter what address I try to access So far I have tried resetting my router and waiting using cmd to reset winsock and resetlog I ve fiddled with some of the proxy settings and immediate downloads Of more.. browse. any packets unable Connected to Receiving barely and Internet, to course I m not entirely certain what half of those things have Connected to Internet, unable to browse. Receiving barely any packets and more.. done but nothing seems to have worked properly I ve uninstalled all of the firewall anti-virus programs I had installed which hasn t changed anything either I have had the connected but not connected issue before since it happens quite often but usually I disable it restart the computer and just connect again then it ll work - but this time it hasn t I noticed in a lot of threads it helps to have the information given from ipconfig all so I ve copied out what I get from that below I ve just noticed that the host name has changed to STACYSC when it s not supposed to be I think this is from me attempting to connect to a wireless connection before I realised it wasn t enabled - could this be an issue Host name STACEYSC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown Ip Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List Belkin Ethernet Adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Belkin Description Realtek RTL E RTL E Family PCI-E Fast Ethernet NIC Physical Address - - -FE- -ED Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Server Click to expand Operating system is Windows XP If there s anything else I can give to help out just say so and I ll do my best to find it I really appreciate any help or suggestions so thank you in advance nbsp

A:Connected to Internet, unable to browse. Receiving barely any packets and more..

I've uninstalled all of the firewall/anti-virus programs I had installed, which hasn't changed anything either.Click to expand...

how many did you have and what were they ?

can you do the following three ping tests
Ping Tests
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

Start> Run {search bar in Vista/W7}> CMD to open a DOS window and type:

Type the following command
Ping 192.168.2.1
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping google.com
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping 209.183.226.152
post back results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste
For your information only
these tests will check various stages of the connection, the first ping test, ping default gateway checks to see if you still have a connection to the router the next two
Ping google.com & Ping 209.183.226.152 tests the connection to internet , one by name and one by number which checks that the dns is workingClick to expand...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connected-to-internet-unable-to-browse-receiving-barely-any-packets-and-more.1047616/
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi there,

My wireless connection has stopped working properly since yesterday evening. The wireless status still says 'Internet Access' but I cannot browse any website and I got this instead: http://i.imgur.com/LgG3ZJ1.png

It stays like that for about 20-30 minutes and then reset and displays that page again.
What's strange is that I can still use (as far as I know) 2 of my programs that require Internet connection: Steam and Garena Plus. However,I cannot connect to any of the games (Dota 2 and League of Legends respectively). And windows diagnostic tools can't identify the problem.

This is the first time I've had this problem and I have tried rebooting the modem but to no avail.
I'm using a Dodo router.

Please help me if possible.Thank you in advance.

A:Wireless status says "Internet Access" but cannot browse any website.

Hi ... Have you read the Link below and followed the Steps ? ...
Support

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/377337-wireless-status-says-internet-access-but-cannot-browse-any-website.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Hi guys restarts when redirection, internet to website connected computer screens, blue I am having a mixture of problems that include - When I open Google in IE Firefox or Chrome and do a search half the links redirect me to random websites that have nothing to do with the search criteria - Sometimes my browser will open by itself or open a new page by itself The page is typically the same sort as the misdirected link mentioned above - I have had a number of blue screens but cant remember what the message was I ll write it down next time - Within - minutes of being website redirection, blue screens, computer restarts when connected to internet connected to the internet my laptop will usually produce a message saying something about on of the services and then restarts This doesn t happen when I am offline I am running Vista and have downloaded regular updates I have run numerous scans with Spybot Trend Micro Housecall SuperAntiSpyware AVG Malware Bytes with no malicious software found On two occasions the Malware Bytes scan seemed to cause the computer to restart I appreciate any help you can give me Kind Regards Adam

A:website redirection, blue screens, computer restarts when connected to internet

I ran Malware Bytes again last night and it caused the computer to restart.I turned the laptop on this morning and was not doing anything when WinPatrol produced the following message. I chose NOT to allow this.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/294146/website-redirection-blue-screens-computer-restarts-when-connected-to-internet/
Relevancy 62.35%

I recently brought an unused Win PC home from to browse Internet" can't but WLAN "Connected work and I am trying WLAN "Connected to Internet" but can't browse to get it connected wirelessly to my network I plugged in a USB wireless adapter which works in other PCs and connected to the network In the Sharing Center it shows that it is connected to the internet and I can ping websites successfully However I can not browse the Internet or download Windows updates Other wireless devices on the network have no issues and everything works fine if I switch to a wired connection I've tried switching between static and dynamic IPs and manually set my router to allow the device even though it says it automatically did so I have even gone through BIOS settings to ensure nothing is interfering with WLAN "Connected to Internet" but can't browse WLAN connections I am running Windows update as it is a fresh install but I'm not hopeful that it will change anything WLAN "Connected to Internet" but can't browse as I have not required updates before when using this adapter in other PCs Any pointers would be appreciated EDIT Windows Update operation is not functioning whatsoever even with an Ethernet connection EDIT TL DR Unchecking quot Automatically Detect Settings quot in the LAN Settings corrected this issue

A:WLAN "Connected to Internet" but can't browse

To collect IP configuration information easily, do the following:

Open a Elevated Command Prompt:

XP, Vista or Windows 7:

Click on the Start button and type cmd.
DO NOT press Enter or click Go.
Look at the upper part of the window and you will see cmd.exe.
Right click on it and select Run as Administrator.

Windows 8 or 8.1:

Press WIN + X to open Start context menu.
Select Command Prompt (Admin)​.

Paste the following into the Command Prompt window, exactly as shown, including double quotes:

cmd /c "ipconfig /all > postme.txt & ping yahoo.com >> postme.txt & reg query "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings" >> postme.txt & notepad postme.txt & del postme.txt"

and press ENTER.

A file will open in Notepad. Please copy and paste the contents here. Close the Notepad window and the file will be deleted and the Command Prompt window will also close.
Also check to see if a Proxy has been setup and if so, remove it.
Open IE, click on Tools or the Gear icon at top right then Internet Connections.
Click on the Connections tab then the Lan Settings button.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/370584-wlan-connected-internet-but-cant-browse.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Ok first of all i would like to apologize about my bad english Im using two pc's one laptop and a regular pc Laptop os is vista regular pc is windows I use a zyxell rooter to have both pc's conected to the net At first there were i connected im but browse cant no problems i could browse with no lags no problems at all but after a while i noticed that i cant browse the internet so i checked the networking and sharing center but it says that im connected and that everything is ok but i still couldnt browse so i did run the cmd ping test and it almost allways showed me that the im connected but i cant browse request is timed out The weird part is that if im connected but i cant browse i unplug the router and directly connect the internet cable into my pc and fill in all the ip's and gateways and what not the connection is fine and i can browse with no problems at all im connected but i cant browse The second weird thing is that it isnt a router issue because when it is conected my laptop can browse the net while i cant i hope someone understands what im talking about any advice will be gladly appreciated

A:im connected but i cant browse

It sounds like your router and PC are having trouble communicating. You should run an ipconfig /all command in the same method you used for the ping. Post the results using printscreen or a screen capture program.

Command:
ipconfig /all

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/80006-im-connected-but-i-cant-browse.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi there all im posting my hi jack log to see if anyone can help I cant seem to browse the net yet I am connected The page just tries to load cant but browse connected but nothing Sometimes a certain page will half load but that s connected but cant browse how far it gets I have tried system restore but fails to restore to an earlier point and gives a message launch browser error I have run super anti spyware and malware bytes anti malware and found a few things and removed them Also I ran avg and found nothing I can download updates from the anti virus programs I mentioned but cant get a web page to load I had to use my daughters computer to post this If anyone can help I be much appreciated Thank YOU Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x SlySoft AnyDVD AnyDVDtray exe C Program Files x Renesas Electronics USB Host Controller Driver Application nusb mon exe C Program Files x Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files x AVG Secure Search vprot exe C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files x AVG AVG Identity Protection agent bin avgidsmonitor exe D anti-virus amp software HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink p LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink p LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook Vuze Remote Toolbar - ba e- - -b f - e d cc - C Program Files x Vuze Remote tbVuze dll O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Conduit Engine - F B -B - - B- FBA BD D - C Program Files x ConduitEngine ConduitEngine dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files x AVG AVG avgssie dll O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C PROGRA MICROS Office GROOVEEX DLL O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files x Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO AVG Security Toolbar - B C- C F- BF -B - A - C Program Files x AVG Secure Search AVG Secure Search toolbar dll O - BHO URLRedirectionBHO - B F A - E - -BA - B E FF - C PROGRA MICROS Office URLREDIR DLL O - BHO Vuze Remote Toolbar - ba e- - -b f - e d cc - C Program Files x Vuze Remote tbVuze dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - Toolbar no name - CCC A -B CA- -B A - F DD - no file O - Toolbar Vuze Remote Toolbar - ba e- - -b f - e d cc - C Program Files x Vuze Remote tbVuze dll O - Toolbar Conduit Engine - F B -B - - B- FBA BD D - C Program Files x ConduitEngine ConduitEngine dll O - Toolbar AVG Security Toolbar - B C- C F- BF -B - A - C Program Files x AVG Secure Search AVG Secure Search toolbar dll O - HKLM Run NUSB MON quot C Program Files x Renesas Electronics USB Host Controller Driver Application nusb mon exe quot O - HKLM Run ISUSScheduler quot C Program Files x Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe quot -start O - HKLM Run AVG TRAY C Program Files x AVG AVG avgtray exe O - HKLM Run Adobe ARM quot C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe quot O - HKLM Run APSDaemon quot C Program Files x Common Files Apple Apple App... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connected-but-cant-browse.1100752/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi There,

I run Vista on a new Compaq Presario C776TU.

Our Flat has wireless internet using a DLINK_Wireless modem.

My computer shows that is connected to a connection called DLINK_WIRELESS which is our one.
My flatmates can browse fine, so i know the problem is with my computer.

Passowrds fine, the phone company tech support guy couldn't help me, we mucked around changing IP addresses etc.
I deleted Norton and has disabled AVG security in the meantime to ensure it isn't a security block.

Any ideas why I am connected but cannot browse?

A:Connected but cannot browse.

Hi Stephen. . .

Welcome.

I'd like to get some information from your system so that I can try and asses this situation.

First, can you get on the Internet on your system, or does it just say "local connectivity"? If the latter, you will have to download the attached zip file on another computer, then copy it to yours. You will need two files transferred - the un-zipped batch file and the AutoRuns executable file. They both must be copied to your desktop.

Please click on the Live SysInternals AutoRuns link below in my sig area. Save it to a USB/DVD. Then download the attached zip file and extract the lone batch file to USB/DVD.

Copy the batch file and the AutoRuns file to your desktop. Now, open IE7 - I know it won't go anywhere, but I would like the attempt to be recorded in the system log. Go back to your desktop, right-click on the batch file and select run as administrator. You will see the black "DOS" screen appear and scroll followed by the green status bar. It will take a few minutes to run. It will dump the app and system logs, run AutoRuns, msinfo32, dxdiag, tracert, ipconfig and perform some other tasks. The output will be in a new folder found within your documents folder named TSF_Vista_Support.

It is imperative that AutoRuns be on your desktop or the job will fail.

I would also like a Vista System Health report in HTML format. Please do the following:
START | type cmd.exe into the start search box | right-click on cmd.exe | select Run as Administrator | the black cmd prompt (DOS) screen will appear - type the following:

Code:
perfmon /report
It will take about a minute to run... then save it as an HTML file - you will see the default HTML file extension when you go to save it.

Zip the contents of the new folder + the HTML file up and attach to your next post. If the zip file is larger than 1.96mb (post limit), split it up. You can attach up to five 1.96mb attachments to a post.

Any ? - please let me know.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/connected-but-cannot-browse-293246.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Since my brother doesn't want me to download things from his network, I have to use some other guys network. The problem is not to connect, but it's to browse the internet. I do not know why this happens, but it does. The network is unsafe if that could help with anything.

A:Why can't I browse the net, even though I am connected

Pay for your own connection.

Please read the rules about using other's connections.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/why-cant-i-browse-the-net-even-though-i-am-connected.998834/
Relevancy 58.48%

Ok first of all i would like to apologize about my bad english Im using two pc's one laptop and a regular pc Laptop os is vista regular pc is windows I use a zyxell rooter to have both pc's conected to the net At first there were no problems i could connected browse i but cant im browse with no lags no problems at all but after a while i noticed that i cant browse the internet so i checked the networking and sharing center but it says that im connected but i cant browse im connected and that im connected but i cant browse everything is ok but i still couldnt browse so i did run the cmd ping test and it almost allways showed me that the request is timed im connected but i cant browse out The weird part is that if i unplug the router and directly connect the internet cable into my pc and fill in all the ip's and gateways and what not the connection is fine and i can browse with no problems at all The second weird thing is that it isnt a router issue because when it is conected my laptop can browse the net while i cant i hope someone understands what im talking about any advice will be gladly appreciated

A:im connected but i cant browse

The router is connected to the PC with an ethernet cable?

Check your router info (192.168.2.1, or whatever it is, in your browser) and see if it has you there as a guest.

Open a command prompt and type

ipconfig /all >C:ipconfig.txt

Upload the text file and report on what router says (or take a screen shout with Start > All Programs > Accessories > Snipping Tool and upload).

We'll go from there.

Ed

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/276106-im-connected-but-i-cant-browse.html
Relevancy 58.48%

WE have two computers but connected cant browse connecting to ADSL internet through a wireless router one computer is fine but the other is having problems going online the first time this happend it was showing in wireless connections that it was connected to the internet through a residential or default gateway and was able to send and recive packets but could not use a browser or MSN also when we typed an adress into the adress bar of Internet explorer it would take that address for example www google com and connected but cant browse add it to the address of the router and take us to the router settings page eventualy we changed the DNS addresses in WIRELESS NETWORK CONNECTIONS TCP IP properties to match that of the working computer this worked but the following morning it would indicat that it was connected to a wireless network but we could not ping the router we have this error code ee quot default gateway appears to be of line quot we are running XP on both computers SP please help nbsp

A:connected but cant browse

if it said in the bottom right Connected: xx.xMbps then that means it connected to the router at that speed.

Is the other computer connected via wireless?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connected-but-cant-browse.559746/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi all.

Firstly, this is a post on behalf of my house mate so ignore the information about my laptop on my profile.

The Sony Vaio has a web shortcut button which allows you to start browsing without starting your whole computer. This connects and browses without issue. However when we boot the machine normally we cannot browse the internet. However emails can still be received.

Any ideas? I swear I've been through every related fix on every forum but cant find anything!

Thanks in advance guys.

A:Connected but cannot browse.

I'm not sure what the short cut button is but usually when it appears that your online but can't get the browser to go anywhere it has to do with winsock or the TCP/ip stack needing reset.

Try running this batch file which will reset winsock, reset the TCP/IP stack and release renew your IP.
Download Renew IP + Reset Winsock Batch File

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/129749-connected-but-cannot-browse.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi, sorry for my bad english.
my problem is that i cant continue browsing the internet. i have checked wif my service provider, i'm using a wireless usb modem. it show that i have no problem to connect to internet as i can ping website.
i can browse right after i connected, but after a while, like 2 or 3 mins, problem occured. i cant browse anymore. but i still can use my msn, with very slow speed.
i'm using window xp service pack 2, avira anti-virus.
i tried to reset my winsock. but it seem not working for me as the problem still occur.
any expert there can help me with this?
if u need any information, pls tell me how to get it, and i'll post it later on.
thankiu

A:connected but cant browse after a while

Download and install MBAM, update it twice, then do a quick scan of your system, see what it finds.

http://download.cnet.com/Malwarebytes-Anti-Malware/3000-8022_4-10804572.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connected-but-cant-browse-after-a-while.921472/
Relevancy 58.48%

I have seen a few threads like this on several sites but none has addressed what appears to be my situation. I'll try to explain it the best way I can. Under network connections it shows the Internet Connection icon and says that I am connected (via wired or wireless). I can download via utorrent. I can see my other computer on the network (does not matter which computer I am on) and transfer files and such. I can find a neighbors router, connect to it and browse the internet, I just cannot browse the internet from my router, on either computer, IE of Firefox. Also, from my router I can successfully ping websites.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/241489/connected-but-cannot-browse/
Relevancy 58.48%

I have just recently reformatted my computer and now when I try and go on the internet it says connected but nothing online works... Any help?

Thanks Guys.

A:Says I am connected but can't browse

Although your question is too general to decide on the actual solution
Depending upon how recent it was re-installed, try having a look at:
UPDATED 8-step Viruses/Spyware/Malware Preliminary Removal Instructions

You also may want to confirm all your Drivers are up to date

You can also run IE Reset, that may help too

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/says-i-am-connected-but-cant-browse.120121/
Relevancy 57.62%

So I guess the title says it all:

Internet connection in (in the Internet Connection list) shows "Connected" but I can't go to any website.
neither in Opera nor in IE.

Fresh installed windows XP SP 2
Connecting through the Ethernet LAN wire.
The connection was working before I reinstalled Windows.
The connection shows the name of my Ethernet device so I don't think it's a driver problem.

Thanks

A:Internet connection shows "Connected" but I can't go to any website.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr_apocalipsis

So I guess the title says it all:

Internet connection in (in the Internet Connection list) shows "Connected" but I can't go to any website.
neither in Opera nor in IE.

Fresh installed windows XP SP 2
Connecting through the Ethernet LAN wire.
The connection was working before I reinstalled Windows.
The connection shows the name of my Ethernet device so I don't think it's a driver problem.

Thanks

What is your computer connected to? Go to "run" from the Start menu and type cmd then when you get a black box type ipconfig and then hit return. Then post back with the first part of the ip address, DON'T post all of it!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/internet-connection-shows-connected-but-i-cant-go-to-any-website-419747.html
Relevancy 57.62%

My internet connection on my XP Pro sp3 laptop just went wierd. Yes I know I should upgrade but this computer runs my HamRadio programs that will not run on a newer OS.

I have several computers and all the others are connecting just fine. I use Google Chrome AND the TOR Browser sometimes. I do have IE 9 but i do not use it.

My connection is good and my computer is seeing packets but... Neither Chrome nor IE will not go to ANY website. TOR connects fine and I can browse. I suspect a DNS problem but have cleared the DNS cache and even tried to specify OPEN DNS Servers but to no avail. I have tried the Microsoft fixit tool and check TCP\IP settings. I am STUMPED Can anyone help.

Thanks

A:Intrnet Connected but cannot browse

Hello,
I had a similar problem-only difference was that I could not access any security sites(like Symantec's, Kaspersky,s and even Microsoft!!)
My novice advice:
I think there probably could be either of the two reasons for that...
First- Malware (or something like viruses, worms maybe...Basically something which is unwanted!)
Second- Something is wrong with your 'hosts' file
I feel you should try running an anti-malware program(malwarebytes maybe?) and see if you have any malware. As for the hosts file, well, I am not quite sure how to repair the hosts file(if it is damaged, of course).
I have had this problem once but I just ran Malwarebytes which I had installed on my laptop and somehow I could access all the sites again.
If you do not find any malware, don't worry, people here all always ready to help-that I can assure you for sure!
RJ

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/566883/intrnet-connected-but-cannot-browse/
Relevancy 57.62%

The title of the problem doesn't fully explain the problem I have. I have a wireless router with a desktop pc, laptop and a windows smartphone connected wirelessly and my Xbox 360 connected via ethernet. All devices are connected with an excellent signal and all devices have flawless performance except the desktop PC.

The desktop says it is connected to the wireless network but I cannot browse any websites. I can, however, check emails (a little slower than usual i must add.)

So as you can imagine this is causing me one hell of a headache. For your information the desktop is running Windows 7 32bit Professional, my router is a Thomson B21B6F and my wireless card is a Realtek 8185 Extensible. I hope you can put some light on my problem before I throw something at my PC.

Thanks.

A:Wireless connected but can't browse

Does it connect when you plug it by ethernet?
Because that will halve the possibilities here

The other half is likely firewall stopping it (or some other installed live protecting program
If you are running a 3rd party firewall, first of all why? Since Windows 7 Firewall is stated to be so good
And secondly, have you tried just uninstalling it?

You could also just set up a new wireless connection

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-connected-but-cant-browse.139675/
Relevancy 57.62%

I'm having the same problem with an HP laptop running XP Home. Do these commands work for XP as well?

A:Solved: XP, Connected but cannot browse

Even though it appears you're having the same problem, please start a new thread when you have a new issue. It's very difficult to keep two problems straight and who's working on what in a single thread.

I've created a new thread for your issue here.

Note: You will need to post complete details of your configuration and your specific issue in this new thread for us to help you.

Thanks for your cooperation.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-xp-connected-but-cannot-browse.745396/