Windows Support Forum

Bizzare Infuriating Network Problem: Slow Upload

Q: Bizzare Infuriating Network Problem: Slow Upload

I ve read all I can about this online and tried everything I ve come across Since upgrading my internet same ISP the upload on my computer not any others on the network It ranges from megabits to If I boot into linux I get but that s far from the megabits the other Slow Problem: Bizzare Infuriating Upload Network computers on the network get But the strange thing is the problem seems to affect only certain programs My browsers are affected as the internet tests I do are from the browser OBS streaming software will not upload more then megabits about k However utorrent can completely max out my upload I ve tried stopping the WMI service and Bizzare Infuriating Network Problem: Slow Upload I have no traffic shaping software installed Here are my specs Operating System Windows Pro -bit CPU Intel Core i K GHz C Haswell nm Technology RAM GB Dual-Channel DDR MHz - - - Motherboard MSI Z -GD GAMING MS- SOCKET C Graphics SyncMaster x Hz LG TV x Hz MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX Gigabyte C Storage GB Samsung SSD EVO GB SSD C GB SanDisk SDSSDHP G SSD C GB TOSHIBA DT ACA SATA C GB Seagate Bizzare Infuriating Network Problem: Slow Upload ST DL - VT SATA C Optical Drives PIONEER DVD-RW DVR- L Audio ASUS Xonar DGX Audio Device Various Network info You are connected to the internet Connected through Killer e Gigabit Ethernet Controller NDIS IP Address Subnet mask Gateway server Preferred DNS server DHCP Enabled DHCP server External IP Address Adapter Type Ethernet NetBIOS over TCP IP Enabled via DHCP NETBIOS Node Type Hybrid node Link Speed Bps Computer Name NetBIOS Name CALVINS-PC DNS Name Calvins-PC Membership Part of workgroup Workgroup WORKGROUP Remote Desktop Disabled Console State Active Domain Calvins-PC WinInet Info LAN Connection Local system uses a local area network to connect to the Internet Local system has RAS to connect to the Internet Wi-Fi Info Wi-Fi not enabled WinHTTPInfo WinHTTPSessionProxyType No proxy Session Proxy Session Proxy Bypass Connect Retries Connect Timeout ms HTTP Version HTTP Max Connects Per Servers INFINITE Max Connects Per Servers INFINITE Max HTTP automatic redirects Max HTTP status continue Send Timeout ms IEProxy Auto Detect Yes IEProxy Auto Config IEProxy IEProxy Bypass Default Proxy Config Access Type No proxy Default Config Proxy Default Config Proxy Bypass Sharing and Discovery Network Discovery Enabled File and Printer Sharing Enabled File and printer sharing service Enabled Simple File Sharing Enabled Administrative Shares Enabled Network access Sharing and security model for local accounts Classic - local users authenticate as themselves Adapters List Killer e Gigabit Ethernet Controller NDIS Connection-specific DNS Suffix Home Connection Name Ethernet NetBIOS over TCPIP Yes DHCP enabled Yes MAC Address D - D- E-F - B- IP Address Subnet mask Gateway server DHCP DNS Server Network Shares Misc D Misc Finished Torrents D Downloads Finished Torrents Games D Games Games E Games Torrents E Downloads Torrents Video D Video Video E Video Current TCP Connections C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation Update Core NvBackend exe C Program Files Box Sync BoxSync exe C Program Files Hola app hola exe C Users Calvin AppData Roaming uTorrent uTorrent exe C Windows Explorer EXE G Program Files x Nightly firefox exe G Program Files x Razer Razer Game Booster main exe G Program Files x Samsung Magician Samsung Magician exe G Steam Steam exe hola svc exe hola updater exe KillerService exe lsass exe NvNetworkService exe nvstreamsvc exe services exe svchost exe svchost exe svchost exe System Process System Process wininit exe nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Bizzare Infuriating Network Problem: Slow Upload

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Bizzare Infuriating Network Problem: Slow Upload

I figured it out, the Killer NIC on my Z87GD65 mobo was not compatible with NetLimiter. Uninstalling it fixed the problem

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bizzare-infuriating-network-problem-slow-upload.201410/
Relevancy 65.36%

hi, AT&T said that the problem is not with their modem. we experienced the sluggishness 2 months ago and until now. they replaced the modem and they checked the speed when a computer or laptop's directly connected to the modem, the speed is what we are paying for and when we check it with a pc with a wired connection on the network, the upload speed is very slow and download is inconsistently strong. I didn't change any settings in our router. whatever it is before they changed the router stayed the same. they said that it could be a problem in our network that's slowing our access to the internet. it's hard for us to send out emails with attachment. what do you think is the problem?

A:slow upload stream on a network

Try running speedtest first to confirm your estimated bandwidth upload/download speed. Clear your cache files and run a virus scan with your resident protection software and Malwarebytes free. If the problem happens on all connecting computer in different accounts, might wanna call them back regarding the email intermittent issues.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-upload-stream-on-a-network.1114424/
Relevancy 63.21%

I recently purchased a laptop with a built in wireless adapter Furthermore I bought a Philips SNB Wireless Router I have no problems getting Issues Infuriating Network instant access to the router Infuriating Network Issues and the internet through the wireless adapter The problem arises when I wish to use the Ethernet adapter to have a direct cabled connection to the router in order to configure my wireless security settings It just will not connect In the Network and Infuriating Network Issues Sharing Centre it indicates that the ethernet connection is a quot Unidentified network quot with Local access only I therefore am unable to connect to the router to configure my wireless security If I understand correctly you need direct access to the router to configure security Two nights ago I was messing about with the adapters Eventually it connected with the ethernet i dont know what i did Infuriating Network Issues to make this work but then the wireless would not connect Again in the Network and Sharing Centre it indicated the wireless was now an quot Unidentified Network quot Can someone PLEASE advise me on how to get my connections in order Thanks in advance and appreciation for any help provided nbsp

Relevancy 63.21%

About a month ago we began experiencing intermittent periods of very slow internet service on our home network which includes two desktops running Win XP SP Both are manufactured by Cooltech The one with a problem is less than a year old with extra capacity all around It is connected to an HP printer and to a Linksys router for wireless connection We connect to network Slow slows Upload PC Solved: entire speed the internet via HughesNet satellite Analysis has tracked the slowdown to one of the two desktops the new one When running a Solved: Slow PC Upload speed slows entire network bandwidth speed test at pcpitstop this PC shows normal download speeds erratic ping results sometimes normal sometimes X to X longer than normal but always with very slow Uploads Normal upload speed is about kbps a speed which this PC consistently Solved: Slow PC Upload speed slows entire network achieved until about a month ago This PC now shows Solved: Slow PC Upload speed slows entire network uploads of or kbps This slow time is independent of how the PC connects to the internet wirelessly or hard wired straight to the modem it makes no difference Not only is this computer experiencing very slow uploads but when it is on the home network by wireless the entire network experiences the same slow speeds i e both desktops operate with very slow uploads and do so with both IE and Firefox browsers When I Disconnect the slow PC from the wireless connection the other PC returns to normal upload speeds TCP IP is set up the same on both PCs and has not changed from earlier when we were not experiencing this problem There have been no hardware changes The slow PC has had some new software added to it but nothing which should affect internet connections I have scanned for viruses AVG and run AdAware SpyBot and several of the free RootKit removers none of which have found anything amiss I hope someone can help diagnose and solve this problem nbsp

Relevancy 60.2%

My pc problem? the is my Slow Upload speed, friend has highspeed cable and is getting kbps dl but only kbps upload Thats right I didn't miss a number kbps upload I had her send me her hijackthis log file I don't Slow Upload speed, is my pc the problem? see anything too out of the ordinary but maybe you all do She just got her pc back from the shop I should mention so it shouldn't be her pc but who knows Thanks for any help Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMax PNP exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX Smax exe C WINDOWS system spool drivers w x hpztsb exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe C Program Files HP hpcoretech hpcmpmgr exe C WINDOWS system hphmon exe C WINDOWS system hphmon exe C Program Files ScanSoft OmniPageSE OpwareSE exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgemc exe C WINDOWS system slserv exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMAgent exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C Program Files HP hpcoretech comp hptskmgr exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS system cmd exe C taclient jre bin java exe C taclient tag tawcl exe C taclient MediaBroker exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office winword exe C taclient taspeedg taspeedg exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by Roadrunner R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localhost R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - no file O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run SiSPower Rundll exe SiSPower dll ModeAgent O - HKLM Run SoundMAXPnP C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMax PNP exe O - HKLM Run SoundMAX quot C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX Smax exe quot tray O - HKLM Run HPDJ Taskbar Utility C WINDOWS system spool drivers w x hpztsb exe O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKLM Run HPHUPD C Program Files Hewlett-Packard AAC FC - F - - DD -EBC C D hphupd exe O - HKLM Run HP Component Manager quot C Program Files HP hpcoretech hpcmpmgr exe quot O - HKLM Run HPHmon C WINDOWS system hphmon exe O - HKLM Run HPHmon C WINDOWS system hphmon exe O - HKLM Run PhilipsDM quot C Program Files Philips Philips Device Manager Bin DeviceManager exe quot O - HKLM Run SSBkgdUpdate quot C Program Files Common Files Scansoft Shared SSBkgdUpdate SSBkgdupdate exe quot -Embed... Read more

Relevancy 59.77%

So i have this TRENDnet wireless Ethernet card TEW- PI The router is a linksys unsure of exact version I can connect with it just fine and the signal Issue Wireless Bizzare Network ranges in listed strength from quot Bizzare Wireless Network Issue Low quot to quot Bizzare Wireless Network Issue no signal quot It rarely actually disconnects from signal loss That isnt the problem The problem is After a few hours the connection mysteriously fails The computer says its still connected but no data is being sent or recieved Once this happens any attempt to adjust the wireless network settings disconnect and reconnect alter connection setting etc leads to a CPU activity death requiring a hard reboot If i dont mess with the wireless stuff my computer keeps working just without the network edit just noticed this when the connection goes wonky the IP and subnet are listed as edit My nifty tech-support brother was here and it seems the problem is a card-system incompatibility I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Drivers updating the Drivers moving the card to a different PCI slot nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bizzare-wireless-network-issue.27073/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hello this is my first post here and I hope i've created it in the correct part of the forum if i've not and your a mod please feel free to move it Ok the problem I bought a quot Nvidea Gainward GT PCX Golden Sample mb quot Graphics Card which has DVI out ports on the back of it I have working DVI to DVI cables and i now have identical quot Acer V W LCD quot Monitors So being someone naive i connect the cables with the monitors and graphics card and turn my system on and go to quot Control Panel gt Display gt Screen Resolution quot and hit Detect quite happily thinking that was all there was too it My Primary screen is coming up in the Display dropdown as it should quot Acer V W quot yet my secondary display would not appear at all I attempted to use my Nvidea Control Panel to no avail I updated all my drivers and still nothing Thinking that there maybe a physical problem i swap everything Problem Help: Please Infuriating around and sure enough both monitors and cables work but only if they are in the top Primary DVI port on the graphics card so thinking there may be a problem with the lower secondary DVI port and wanting to try everything I in a moment of madness plugged in Please Help: Infuriating Problem a DVI to VGA adapter and connected the nd monitor with a VGA cable and hey presto dual monitors The problem i have is one why the hell isnt windows s recognising my nd monitor unless its plugged in with a VGA cable and even then still not correctly recognising it in the Screen Resolution screen the display drop down reads Acer V W and Display device on VGA And two its not letting me set the nd monitor as the same resolution as the first so the quality of the nd is out and all the text looks distorted Monitor x recommended Monitor x Sorry for the long post but i wanted to get in all the details rather than make you good people respond with answers that I have found through trial and error to be incorrect Thanks in advance Brodie

A:Please Help: Infuriating Problem

Why do you jump to the conclusion that it is W7's fault that the second monitor isn't being detected. If I understood what you said, there is output on one video card connector, but not the other. Sounds to me that it is a defective video card. Do you have known good card that you could swap out for a check?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/81533-please-help-infuriating-problem.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Last week I had to very quickly transfer some files from a dying laptop hard drive Infuriating problem to my desktop PC via network onto shared folder All went Infuriating problem well and all the files transferred fine into the Infuriating problem shared folder and I checked a few to make sure all was OK In the nick of time it transpired as laptop drive self destructed half an hour later However now when I try to access the files I transferred to the shared folder on desktop they are invisible and I can't work out how to access them When I open the shared folder it's empty nothing to be seen Have set all hidden folders files to be visible and have used the search function all to no avail but when I click on properties it shows me that all the sub folders and files that I transferred are there I just can't see them Where on earth are they I regard myself as reasonably computer savvy but this one has got me beat Would appreciate any help at all as this is driving me up the wall - the files are there somewhere how do I get at them Best Regards Macca

A:Infuriating problem

Try searching the folder where the files are supposed to be for * (its a wildcard) and see if anything turns up. Also, go into the folder and does it say in the status bar that there are files in the folder?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/infuriating-problem-100864.html
Relevancy 58.05%

LIKE PLZ HELPS Now that's out of my system I have quite possibly a unique issue involving the black screen Now I know the root cause a naffed gfx driver update from nividia but do not know how problem and An interesting infuriating to solve it First about my system I'm running windows updated to weeks ago last time I could access my win partition I use full disk An interesting and infuriating problem encryption truecrypt My truecrypt rescue disk appears to be corrupted I dual boot between linux mint and windows I've been able to access the safe mode menu by continuously cycling the power but unable to do much with it as anything relating to the windows partition file system returns an error hard disk locked I'm unable to permanently decrypt the drive as the rescue disk doesn't wish to work boot yes I've made numerous copies but I think somehow the original ISO got corrupted Windows boots fine meaning that it will boot up to what I think is the login screen but will only display the black screen and mouse cursor I keep no system restore points My question is how to do I remove roll back the graphics driver I've tried an endless amount of stuff found via googling but as of yet none of it has worked Any and all suggestions are welcome Thanks

A:An interesting and infuriating problem

I think in this case you're basically screwed. Without a functioning rescue disc for TrueCrypt, your only option other than formatting and reinstalling would be to try brute force cracking the encryption which would probably take years, decades, maybe even lifetimes with current technology.

I'd say let this be a lesson and next time, if you use TrueCrypt again, make sure the rescue disc works straight away. We've all been where you are, so don't feel too bad, just learn from your mistakes.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/56691-interesting-infuriating-problem.html
Relevancy 58.05%

I m using an ethernet bridge thing to connect to my Verizon EM router and it s called a slinglink turbo I connect my computer to it which connects to the wall plug and in my office there is another slinglink turbo connected to the wall and that connects to the router I ve never really had problems with this setup but recently it has just conked out and every day after pm and at night it stops working I try the windows troubleshooter and it can t find out the problem I know there is something wrong with my computer settings probably because when I connect my computer directly to the router it works fine Also the setup works fine with devices other than my computer In addition in the network and sharing center the LAN connection is listed as quot unidentified network quot Here is the ipconfig when connected directly to the router and after that is the normal connection setup when it has stopped working I know it looks very similar and I m confused about it Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Jonathan gt ipconfig Windows IP Configuration Ethernet ethernet problem Infuriating with adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix home Link-local IPv Address fe e e a a f d e IPv Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix home Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter isatap EB -D - E-B E-ED FFA CC Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter Reusable Microsoft To Adapter Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter TO Adapter Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter isatap DA E CD- C- FF- - FD F D Media Infuriating problem with ethernet State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter isatap F - CF- A -B - C CA D Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific Infuriating problem with ethernet DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter isatap F D E -CCF - CBB-BECE- EF F A Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix C Users Jonathan gt Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Jonathan gt ipconfig Windows IP Configuration Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix home Link-local IPv Address fe e e a a f d e IPv Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix home Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter isatap EB -D - E-B E-ED FFA CC Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter Reusable Microsoft To Adapter Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter TO Adapter Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter isatap DA E CD- C- FF- - FD F D Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter isatap F - CF- A -B - C CA D Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media dis... Read more

A:Infuriating problem with ethernet

By "slinglink turbo" are you referring to a SlingLink TURBO? If so, that appears to be a powerline adapter. Although SlingLink says just "plug into a wall" you really have to plug the units into the electrical system and, hence, whether it works and how well it works depends on the quality of the system and what else is plugged in. With powerline adapters "it has just conked out and every day after 12 pm and at night it stops working" would imply that about noon and at night something is plugged in or turned on that interferes with them. Or maybe it is two somethings--one at noon and the other at night.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/infuriating-problem-with-ethernet.1049783/
Relevancy 58.05%

right i have a computer given to me as part of a laptop scheme from a school i have made myself the admin but when i try to change my password through cmd i get the error a system five error has occoured access is denied though i am clearly the admin (i know there is other ways of changing the password but it is just aggrevating) please help im kind of desperate btw cmd command is net user *space* (user name) *space* (password)

A:Urgent infuriating problem please help

Is this a computer that needs to log in through the internet?

I have never see the error as you have described it. Could you please post a sceen shot of the error?

Also be aware that if it is an issue of the school controlling this computer, it is against Forum rules to to alter their controls.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/urgent-infuriating-problem-please-help-553546.html
Relevancy 57.19%

So this is now driving me absolutely insane and I couldn't have better chances for success or so I think I am using a Lenovo Thinkpad W Windows and I have a Lumia Windows Phone Seems pretty darn compatible right Well my issue is simply quot They will not connect or cooperate well quot Let me first say that through a blurry problem bluetooth connection infuriating mashing of key presses and strange settings windows I have gotten the two to connect before for music control But only twice The issue I have is apparently on both the phone and the computer- When I tap connect on the phone it stays connected for a few seconds then disconnects When I try and connect on the laptop it won't connect at all When I try and open the bluetooth device window it stay open for a couple seconds and then closes Sometimes the music controller window appears then disappears My phone doesn't appear to have infuriating bluetooth connection problem anything wrong with it I have restarted the phone completely with no effect The computer is under a month old with no driver issues or hardware issues so it can't be that either What on earth am I doing wrong here Why doesn't Windows and I hate saying this have an efficient bluetooth connection service like Mac connecting my phone to a Mac easier than easy On windows it's nearly asking me to remove my hair strand by strand Thanks in advance

A:infuriating bluetooth connection problem

When you say bluetooth connection, are you saying bluetooth headset or are you saying a bluetooth network connection between your phone and your laptop?

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/28032-infuriating-bluetooth-connection-problem.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Alright... this is starting to get expensive.

I had a set of Altec Lansing speakers that kicked, but only played the left channel through both (and sub) speakers. I had an old Sounblaster Live sound card purchased used off eBay that I always suspected was the culprit, that I just replaced with a new Soundblaster X-Fi Extreme sound card. At the same time I ordered a brand new Altec Lansing Soundbar speaker set for under my monitor.

After all that... there's STILL no right channel!!! What on earth is the problem???

Any and all potential solutions are welcome.

...jim

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/infuriating-sound-problem-no-right-channel-229843.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Lately my computer has been randomly turning off, and then it wont start again. Initially i thought my CPU was overheating, because when i try to restart it dies as it gets to windows, but that doesnt seem to be the case...

Also, fans were randomly stopping, including the CPU fan when i tried restarting, so i wondered if my PSU was dodgy, but when it does start it seems to be providing power okay. I havent been getting any beeps from the motherboard or anything? The fans are definately okay.

Relevancy 55.47%

i have a bizzare problem that just started happening on my computer, and i wondered if any of you here have ever heard of it.
lately when i play back video files on my computer (mpegs mostly) my video players (both winamp and windows media player) will only play a fraction of it. for instance if its a 15 minute video it will only play the first 3 minutes. and if i click around on the player bar that shows the three minutes i can access different parts of the video (all of the video even past the 3 minutes... as in, if i click around the 2 minute section it will show the 2 minute point, if i click it again it will show around the 8 minute point showing that the whole video is all still there) but it wont just play the whole thing. did i mess up some option or preference somewhere on my computer that i didnt know about?
thanks.

A:bizzare problem

Please reply here. This is a double post and the other one already have replies.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bizzare-problem.369711/
Relevancy 55.47%

Since Thursday my computer has acted bizzare. All my programs like Real Player, Kodack, all the rest that came with the computer on my desktop have disappeared and my important websites that I have saved to my favorites are gone as well. When I go to start/ programs it is empty. Yet they still on the hard drive they are not accessable from my desktop. My system is an HP Pavilion.

I do not know what really caused this at first I thought was a result of virus though I run my Webroot AntiVirus with Spy Sweeper regualiary basis. I noticed I get an pop message from HP wanting back up files but I declined.

How do I want is to resolve this issue.

A:A Bizzare problem?

Hello there HPman001

Welcome to the fourm!

Have you tried using a system restore? If not.

click on Start \ programs\ Accessories \ System Tools \ System Restore.

Choose to restore to a time before this problem appeared and your computer will start to restore, May take some time. But should work.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/a-bizzare-problem-572125.html
Relevancy 55.47%

sorry for the double post i wasnt sure where the correct place for this question was because it involves more than one program i have a bizzare problem that just started happening on my computer and i wondered if any of you here have ever heard of it lately when i play back video files on my computer mpegs mostly my video players both winamp and windows media player will only play a fraction of it for instance if its a minute video it will only play the first minutes and if i click around bizzare problem on the player bar that shows the three minutes i can access different parts of the video all of the video even past the minutes as in if i click around the bizzare problem minute section it will show the minute point if i click it again in the same place it will show around the minute point showing that the whole video is all still there but it wont just play the whole thing did i mess up some option or preference somewhere on my computer that i didnt know about thanks nbsp

A:bizzare problem

so, no one else has ever heard of this problem.. any suggestions? should i try a restore point?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bizzare-problem.369850/
Relevancy 55.47%

I recently moved my computer from one room to another. Upon plugging everything back in its appropriate spot, my speakers are acting very funny. I have a 5.1 system and it had always been set up as such. I go to configure my sound after the move and I try setting the audio channels to 5.1. When I complete the setup, windows now tells me that "format not supported by device." It accepts being set to "stereo" but I bought a 5.1 speaker system and I want to use it. My speakers work fine on another computer in 5.1 surround mode. The problem wasnt existant yesterday and my sound worked perfectly. All it took was moving my computer and now... *sigh*

A:Bizzare 5.1 problem...

Welcome!

Perhaps when you moved your computer, your sound card got bumped a little. Open up your case, and make sure the card is seated all the way.

Also make sure that any cables are plugged in securely.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/76308-bizzare-5-1-problem.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I first noticed a problem yesterday when I was playing World of Warcraft Randomly my screen would lock but I wouldn t even notice the spike only hear it affecting the sound ie the sound would lock up and loop for Bizzare Problem! a split second I dismissed it until today i started having major problems I was playing wow again and those lockups were occurring but at steady intervals and completely lagging my entire computer I realized that the source of Bizzare Problem! the problem was CPU spikes that were Bizzare Problem! occurring consistently I shut down all of my programs and checked my system manager I had no strange programs running and nothing was the deliberate cause for the spikes but they were still occurring Then I decided to scan my system for spyware virii trojans but my computer would not open any new programs I tried to reset and that wouldn t happen either I ended up hitting the reset button and my boot up screen with my cpu and memory specs had all these symbols at the bottom in a grey box I reset again and my bios reset to default cpu clocking speeds So I restarted in safe mode with networking and started scanning my computer for spyware virii haven t found any as of yet And now the spiking problem is occurring in safe mode as well I can barely open any new programs and my cpu is consistently spiking Does anyone have a clue what s going on It sounds like hardware failure but that s just a wild guess Also nothing is overheating I checked that

A:Bizzare Problem!

Download the latest drivers for your Internet Card.

~StickDude101

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/187632/bizzare-problem/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hey TechForums It's not like me to come to a forum for help on something like this I like to figure it out on my own but I've put up with it for a month now and it couldn't hurt Almost a month ago my computer 'crashed' for the first time It was pretty simple everything stopped moving couldn't interact with Problem Bizzare Crashing the mouse Bizzare Crashing Problem the music playing in the background turned into a repeting 'click' or few milliseconds of the track and I had to restart It was a little odd but I didn't think much of it The next day my computer crashed again same exact symptoms This is all happening after about a year of good crash-free service so I'm wondering whats up Since those first times there have been a few things that I've identified about the problem in hopes that it will help somebody here come to a conclusion The crashes take place Bizzare Crashing Problem most commonly when I'm observing flash Bizzare Crashing Problem content on www newgrounds com specifically The second most common time is if I try to use my computer too much when it's still starting up or when its loading unloading something As for a virus scan I'm running AVG Free edition I know its no good so sue me which has turned up what it calls a few infected files in a quot Documents and Settings quot directory that appears to be a valid Java installment alot of the files it returns as being viruses are Java class files and refered to as quot Javascript Loops quot I assumed it was a misclassification but then again I'm trying not to leave anything out I got a first oppinion from a friend of mine who I'm not really sure I trust who thinks my processor is dying although we already installed a program to monitor it's temperature It and the harddrive were well within normal bounds In any case I was going to try and just live with the problem but it's been getting worse and worse for the past month Its gone from an occasional problem to me having to be meticulous about when I load and unload programs and try to do things and has cut off my ability to do alot of work with Macromedia Flash watch the productions of and do many things on the internet I run Mozilla Firefox Any help you have to offer in this situation is appreciated Tim

A:Bizzare Crashing Problem

If it's really bad, you can always back up the stuff you absolutly need and then reformat. that will fix just about any software bug. In this case though, id suggest thoroughly scanning any files you backup for viruses etc, before putting them back on the comp.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/bizzare-crashing-problem-90955.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Greetings all So I have a linksys B G wireless router Wireless Problem Bizzare with all the most recent drivers firmware and I have it set up for WEP security My dell laptop can easily connect to the router network after given the proper WEP key However while the connection is strong and signal is excellent I can not simply click on IE or firefox and get onto the net I have tried Bizzare Wireless Problem several different configs and settings and none seem to make any difference What i have been forced to do is on the laptop set up my connection to my ISP in this case Bell sympatico as if the wireless network is acting as Bizzare Wireless Problem my LAN card I guess then connect to my isp and then and ONLY then am I able to connect to the net or at very least access the net as in theory I am connected to the net already when I connect to my wireless network I have tried all the different wireless security options WEP WPA etc and all seem to have the same effect I am technically connected to the network but cant connect to anything on the net until I provide my ISP logon essentially I know this is a bit convoluted but its somewhat frustrating as anyone who pops by and wants to get on the net I must setup my ISP connection info username password etc just for them to be able to get online even though they are connected to the network already Any ideas would be greatly appreciated thanks in advance all nbsp

Relevancy 55.04%

system details

3 yr old intel pentium d915 2.8 ghz---------processor
new ati radeon hd 4870--------gpu
new 2gb kingston 800 mhz ----------memory
new seagate 500gb 7200----hd
new asus p5n73 -----------moboard
500 watts psu

the problem now friends is....even when i play the oldest games like hulk or the newest like assasins creed 2 at whatever settings whether high or low i get a series of low and high fps alternatively independent of whats is being rendered.

eg : when i play grid at 1440 * 900 and ultra settings i get alternation of 80 fps and then 20 fps for say 20 seconds each even when the car is still or im at options by pressing escape.

only thing i can inform is that all the time cpu is about 80-90% load irrespective of fps in game whereas gpu is 1% load when low fps and 35% load when high fps

ill really appreciate if someone can help

A:bizzare gaming problem

closing duplicate post, please do not post multiple times for the same issue. As you already have responses here, I am closing this thread.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bizzare-gaming-problem.878976/
Relevancy 55.04%

Howdy Gents This is a long one but it s a little complicated hope it proves to be a challenge I ordered a stick of K-Byte RAM a couple of months ago to use in my Asus Any ideas? RAM ever. bizzare problem Most K V-MX Most bizzare RAM problem ever. Any ideas? board alongside a Corsair ValueSelect GB stick This K-Byte stick had an AVA chip series on it When I was running XP Home edition while using this K-Byte stick I would be up and running for about or minutes before my monitors dualview would lose the signal and shut off If I took the stick out I d have no problems The RAM passed memtest but I still thought it was the problem and got a warranty replacement from K-Byte They sent me a new stick with some weird chipset by a company named Elixir I tried this new memory and had the exact same problem I called Asus and they insisted that module should work fine with the board Corsair said their memory talks to AVA and Elixir-based modules just fine quot Hmm quot I said I pulled out the K-Byte stick and left it in my drawer for a while Flash forward a month HP finally released some beta x drivers so I formatted and put Windows XP Pro x edition on my machine Everything runs swell Just for S amp G s I excavated that K-Byte RAM that was giving me trouble Most bizzare RAM problem ever. Any ideas? and plugged it in It worked It worked great actually I got a noticeable bump up in my framerate on Oblivion and my system has run for days with no sign of crashing Now here s the problem Sometimes when I reboot I get stuck at the post screen But when I remove or reseat the K-Byte RAM it works fine Does anybody have any idea what s going on here nbsp

A:Most bizzare RAM problem ever. Any ideas?

"But when I remove or reseat the K-Byte RAM, it works fine."

I'm guessing either a bad socket on the motherboard or your new ram isn't fully compatable with your old ram. Try using the ram by itself or moving it to a different socket.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/most-bizzare-ram-problem-ever-any-ideas.458713/
Relevancy 55.04%

I don't know much about the intricate workings of computers or viruses, so bear with me.

Since yesterday I've been finding websites in my history log that I haven't visited, usually for advertisements. I've been hearing soundbites like a voice saying "You just won a thousand dollar shopping spree at Wal-Mart" when I haven't clicked on anything.

To make it weirder, I ran a full system scan with Norton, and it came back with no items requiring attention.

Anyone have a suggestion?

A:Bizzare problem (probably a virus) NEED HELP

Hello and Welcome.

We want all our members to perform the steps outlined in the link I'll give you below, before posting for assistance. There's a sticky at the top of this forum, and a
Quote:

Having problems with spyware and pop-ups? First Steps

link at the top of each page.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please follow our pre-posting process outlined here:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f50/...lp-305963.html

After running through all the steps, you shall have a proper set of logs. Please post them in a new topic, as this one shall be closed. I currently have as many open topics as I can effectively handle; this will have you back in queue with the proper logs so an available helper would be able to assist.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

Please note that the Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help forum is extremely busy, and it may take a while to receive a reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/bizzare-problem-probably-a-virus-need-help-396574.html
Relevancy 55.04%

I'm having the mose bizzare problem with my cursor.
It is not recognizing certain dialog boxes.

For example, in Acrobat Reader, when I try to print, the print dialog box comes up, but my cursor will not access it meaning the pointer goes underneath like nothing is there.

Same thing happens when I am using some proprietary sw.
The login dialog box appears, but my cursor doesn't recognize it.

(Make sense?)

This doesn't happen with every app., only a few.

Any suggestions? This is driving me crazy!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bizzare-cursor-problem.706447/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hello all,

I have an HP pavilion dv6 laptop with windows Vista installed. I use it to connect to a wireless network that my brother has set up at home, a couple of weeks ago, my laptop stopped detecting our wireless network all of a sudden, it was strange because it can detect all the other wireless networks in the neighborhood, just not ours. Whats even stranger is that my other laptop (an old LG) is able to detect and connect to the wireless network just fine.

The router we are using is a D-link WBR-1310, and the type of encryption the network uses is WEP.

Thanks in advance, I appreciate any help,
THW

Edit: Just to clarify, by "can't detect" I mean that the network doesn't show up at all on the list of available wireless networks.
Also, I tried the usual disconnect router/modem tricks and they didn't work.

Relevancy 54.18%

Good evening everybody, First, I don't know what section of this forum to post in. Please move my post if you need to.

Here is my real weird problem. It's about Windows Live Messenger. I usually just click on the mail icon to read my mail. What happen now is IT DOES NOT SHOW any contacts like I don't have any.

Now, if I use browser and type hotmail.com it shows all the contacts (about 50 of them!). They all are there.
Well, of course I can use the browser, but I am trying to solve this puzzle.

What happened in Messenger, and why does it not show any contacts?? How can I correct it???

Did it ever happen to any of you???

Thank you guys,
Laura.

Relevancy 54.18%

Sorry it s long So just over a month ago the processor in my old computer died a fiery death it wasn networking wireless Bizzare problem! t such big deal really as I had been planning on upgrading for a while I did a little shopping around and settled for an Athlon with a WinFast NF K AC motherboard a Sapphire Radeon X GT PCI-e and topped it all off with an extra MB RAM to give me a total of gig Installing the components and setting up Windows XP went fine and initially all was well Approximately an hour after re-installing all my security games MP s etc I Bizzare wireless networking problem! lost connection to my home wireless network Soon enough the network re-connected but my computer was no-longer receiving packets Here s a description of my network setup Standard DSL wall box connected to a quot server quot pc via USB -- gt this computer Bizzare wireless networking problem! is the gateway for our home network which serves another three computers by means of a Belkin wireless network hub After a couple of re-installs without any success at stabilising the connection I started to faultfind First was the network card I tested another functioning network cards in my computer after swiping them out of the other computers on the network both failed to establish a stable connection Further testing proved that my original network card was not at fault either it performed excellently in the other computers on my network I removed the sound card and gave it another try no problem there So I decided to relocate closer to the wireless hub to eliminate the possibility of it just being a wierd blackspot again no luck Wondering if it was a graphics card problem or pci irq conflict or something I got hold of a PCI Geforce MX No problem there either So I called over some techys and let them have a go and they re baffled So out of desparation I ve gone back to using network cable between my computer and the server no problems so far but only as a last resort and a temporary measure at that Any suggestions Also might upgrading to a wireless router help I m not looking forward to running that network cable through the wall under the floorboards upstairs and into the spare room nbsp

A:Bizzare wireless networking problem!

Try changing the router, suggestions are Linksys they seem to work the best, and go with a wireless router just make sure you encrypt it. Or if you want to keep your current router try customer support?

Incognito said:

Sorry it's long!

So, just over a month ago the processor in my old computer died a fiery death, it wasn't such big deal really as I had been planning on upgrading for a while. I did a little shopping around and settled for an Athlon 64 3000+ with a WinFast NF4K8AC motherboard, a Sapphire Radeon X800GT (PCI-e) and topped it all off with an extra 512MB RAM to give me a total of 1gig.

Installing the components and setting up Windows XP went fine and initially all was well...

Approximately an hour after re-installing all my security, games, MP3s etc I lost connection to my home wireless network. Soon enough the network re-connected but my computer was no-longer receiving packets.

Here's a description of my network setup:

Standard DSL wall box connected to a "server" pc via USB --> this computer is the gateway for our home network which serves another three computers by means of a Belkin wireless network hub.

After a couple of re-installs without any success at stabilising the connection I started to faultfind. First was the network card: I tested another 2 functioning network cards in my computer after swiping them out of the other 2 computers on the network, both failed to establish a stable connection. Further testing proved that my original network card was not at fault either, it performed excellently in the other computers on my network.

I removed the sound card and gave it another try, no problem there. So I decided to relocate closer to the wireless hub to eliminate the possibility of it just being a wierd blackspot, again no luck.

Wondering if it was a graphics card problem or pci irq conflict or something I got hold of a PCI Geforce MX 4400. No problem there either. So I called over some techys and let them have a go and they're baffled!

So out of desparation I've gone back to using network cable between my computer and the server (no problems so far) but only as a last resort and a temporary measure at that.

Any suggestions?

Also, might upgrading to a wireless router help? I'm not looking forward to running that network cable through the wall, under the floorboards upstairs and into the spare room.Click to expand...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bizzare-wireless-networking-problem.36491/
Relevancy 54.18%

I have Gateway p -fx lappy vista home bit connected to internet via ethernet connetion Bizzare problem internet port and some d-link router All worked fine until yesterday My house was empty for few days so nobady even touch settings of lappy or router My lappy is always on downloading from rapidshare with jdownloader so I cheked download Bizzare internet connetion problem progres on rapidshare site and it was ok I dont know is this important but I changed my rapidshare premium accont pasword on their site and than remmember that jdownloader wont Bizzare internet connetion problem work because it has old pass so I switch it back to old after couple of hours but downloads where stoped-I dont know does this have enithing with my connection problem but its only thing that acctualy changed There is Bizzare internet connetion problem other computer runing xp on my router it works fine but when I plug my lappy it say local access only but cant see other computer or have internet connection I reinstaled my realtec ethernert card drivers noting happens I dont know what it coud be I have static ip Is my adapter dead I doubt because i plug cable it said local access only indentified network has no changens on any settings internet work on other computer my wont on any port Real mistery nbsp

A:Bizzare internet connetion problem

Sorry for bad english,when I plug cable it say unidentified network,no internet,and cant see other computers on network or share files.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bizzare-internet-connetion-problem.837806/
Relevancy 54.18%

I just got a hard drive from a friend it s a gb He told me I would need to re-partition it because there was stuff on there so using Hiren s BootCD i forget which program i used I created a Fat partition that problem Bizzare Drive Hard was roughly gb but I never formatted the partition Then when I began to copy a bunch of files from my original drive Windows XP started giving me I O errors So assuming the problem was caused by my lack of formatting I used Windows Disk Management to delete the gb partition and create a new one that I would format in Windows I did that but in the three seconds between deleting the partition and creating a new one Windows only sees gb available for partitioning My new gb parition works fine w out the I O errors but where did half of my Bizzare Hard Drive problem drive go If anyone has experienced this or has any ideas I would greatly appreciate some feedback thanks nbsp

Relevancy 54.18%

I just downloaded HP's win2k driver for the LaserJet 6L. I then went into the printers folder, clicked add printer, and went through the wizard using the new driver. Then, I opened the add new hardware list, and then computer recognized my printer as a plug and play device, reporting it as having been installed.

So I reboot and try to print, and am rewarded with a 4 character string of wingdings. The computer recognizes the printer, the printer is connected properly (the issue has occured trying 2 different cables) and the driver is listed as compatible with my OS. What's left to be a problem?

Oh yeah - I'm running Windows 2000 with service packs 1-3.

Any help would be greatly apprieciated.

A:Bizzare HPLJ6L print problem

That would mean u have the wrong driver

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bizzare-hplj6l-print-problem.172915/
Relevancy 54.18%

Ok here are my specs FX- Asus SK V gig Corsair XMS ATI XT Win XP I m a big Final Fantasy Player I built this machine for this game a few months back and everything has worked fine up until a week or so ago I noticed in game I would press down the E key to walk forward and I would start to walk forward then a half second later the game freezes wierd kept fooling around with it if I hold down any key for that matter e esc etc any key will lag the game up I even held down a key for about second let keyboard/ps2 port Bizzare problem go and I had a little quot disconnect quot symbol next to my name in game meaning I was having network connection issues I have run adaware spybot panda titanium I figured I d see if it were just this Bizzare keyboard/ps2 port problem game or not so I installed Tribes same deal hold down a key and it lags however If Im holding down the key and press another key while still holding the first one the lag stops Then I tired another test in windows I use Mozilla for my browser and to the right of the URL box theres the little quot M quot that turns Bizzare keyboard/ps2 port problem into a changing picture of a Dino when a page is loading in IE its the little Windows flag that waves anyhow I wanted to see if I could quot lag quot windows up by Bizzare keyboard/ps2 port problem holding a key so I used Mozilla to test it I entered a url in the box hit enter and quickly clicked off the text box so I wouldn t be typing stuff and quickly pressed a key anykey once again doing this would quot lag quot the animation of the little transforuming Dino picture to the right of the URL box however it does NOT lag up the screen pages still load and everything just the little picture of the dino that changes while a page is loading freezes up I appologize if this was a little hard to understand Anyhow this has led me to believe my ps port yes ps keyboard heh is screwed up I have checked it to make sure no pins broke off in there or anything all is well on both my keyboard connection and the port on the mobo Any ideas I have a ps USB adapter coming to me but this is just really upsetting me I can t play games and it even effects windows All your help is GREATLY appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:Bizzare keyboard/ps2 port problem

Well, first off, you computer kicks ***, <~~JEALOUS
How much did that end up costing? Im going to be building an Athlon 64 3700+ with the MSI K8N Neo Platinum mobo here in the coming month or so, whenever these parts decide to come onto the market
Anyway, about your problem, have you tried other keyboards? Other PC's on your network maybe? Do you have access to another PC you can test?
I know you said you have a USB adapter on the way, let us know how it goes.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bizzare-keyboard-ps2-port-problem.230840/
Relevancy 54.18%

system details

3 yr old intel pentium d915 2.8 ghz---------processor
new ati radeon hd 4870--------gpu
new 2gb kingston 800 mhz ----------memory
new seagate 500gb 7200----hd
new asus p5n73 -----------moboard
psu-- 500 wattspsu

the problem now friends is....even when i play the oldest games like hulk or the newest like assasins creed 2 at whatever settings whether high or low i get a series of low and high fps alternatively independent of whats is being rendered.

eg : when i play grid at 1440 * 900 and ultra settings i get alternation of 80 fps and then 20 fps for say 20 seconds each even when the car is still or im at options by pressing escape.

only thing i can inform is that all the time cpu is about 80-90% load irrespective of fps in game whereas gpu is 1% load when low fps and 35% load when high fps

ill really apppreciate if somone can help

Relevancy 53.75%

Hi!
I'm using the lastest version of Word and printing documents that have a few pictures in them. When I print the doc, all of my pictures have a vertical 1-pixel white line through them. It's very annoying...

Just so you know, this happens on all printers in the company and reinserting the image doesn't help. I've looked everywhere and nobody seems to know what to do.

Please help!

Relevancy 53.75%

Hi I have recently had a bizarre problem with my computer and it is doing my head in One day i turned my computer on and i realised there was no sound I was trying to have a skype call at the time After a while i realised that the volume slider in windows was all the way down I opened up the control pushed the slider back up with the mouse and to my BIzzare audio slider not with problem staying up! amazement watched the slider slide all the way back down after that annoying windows quot BIzzare problem with audio slider not staying up! ping quot sound This now happens everytime i try to push the volume back up It just slides right back down I immediatly expected a virus just because it was so bizzare a problem This baffled me though cause i am always very careful and have never had many problems with viruses I ended up biting the bullet and wiping the partition and starting over again norton antivrus showed nothing I wiped the drive because the next day i had a problem with my interent not connecting all of a sudden which in the end turned out to be a seperate problem Now after reinstalling my whole pc to my amazement the problem is still there its as if a button is stuck somewhere but ive checked that and it seems fine on the side of my laptop are volume control buttons and they are fine Although since this problem the volume up button now just mutes the pc as does the mute button luckily i have an external pro sound card which i am using now for windows too it works fine Has anyone heard of ths problem before ive searched all over the net with no avail to make things even more frustrating i found though google a thread on another board describing the exact same problem only to find that the solution requires a payment my setup is as follows Compaq R AP laptop p ghz Soundmax intergrated soundcard latest drivers i can find for it installed Windows XP SP any help is greatly appreciated thankyou very much nbsp

A:BIzzare problem with audio slider not staying up!

please, someone help. by the way, my network card isnt working now either. its completely dead. other pcs can connect fine to eachother in various combinations but none with this one. this is driving me nuts.

btw, i have a compaq r3003 laptop

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bizzare-problem-with-audio-slider-not-staying-up.411137/
Relevancy 53.75%

Tried this on XP SP2, XP SP3 and Vista Ultimate.

This trackball installs fine with or without Intellipoint software (tried multiple versions including latest) but the ball itself fails to move the mouse pointer at all. The buttons and scroll wheel works fine, but not the pointer.

I've searched extensively on Microsoft.com and generally on Google without seeing a hint of this problem.

BTW, I have a second trackball (both are model D67-00001) that is doing the very same thing on all three computers. I am completely out of ideas. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:Bizzare problem with Microsoft Trackball Optical

Bumping this up as it's only had 13 views. I've been working on this constantly for more than 2 days now. Is there anyone at all out there that still uses a Microsoft Trackball Optical?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bizzare-problem-with-microsoft-trackball-optical.830840/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello there A little my to Samsung is problem boot able nor A DVD-Rom bizzare with very not disks useable desperate at this point after trying some things and looking on the internet for answers I decided to sign up to your forum I couldn t find another example of this exact problem either by the A very bizzare problem with my Samsung DVD-Rom not able to boot disks nor is useable way So my A very bizzare problem with my Samsung DVD-Rom not able to boot disks nor is useable bios on my Gigabyte x -dq board detects my Samsung L burner on the POST screen however it just stalls when I set the bios to boot from CD-ROM If I go through to Windows Vista it detects the drive installs the proper drivers and Nero DriveInfo can read all the attributes fine but when I put in a disk and click quot open quot it ejects and asks me to insert a disk Theres not much more to say It just started doing this after I changed the location of some hard disks in my box which shouldn t have changed anything I m about to unplug all of my drives apart from the DVD and see how that goes Any ideas are greatly appreciated thanks guys nbsp

A:A very bizzare problem with my Samsung DVD-Rom not able to boot disks nor is useable

Also, I forgot to mention: I took my old IDE burner from my old machine and hooked it up (the Samsung is SATA). Believe it or not, it gave me the same problem! Is it a problem with my motherboard ? I highly doubt it's a setting in my bios since i've played with just about all of them.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/a-very-bizzare-problem-with-my-samsung-dvd-rom-not-able-to-boot-disks-nor-is-useable.92196/
Relevancy 52.46%

So I ve had this D-Link DWL-G rev B adapter for about years now and it hasn t given me problems until recently I m off at college and when I get home for the end of Bizzare DWL-G122 rev. problem (D-Link wireless adapter/connection B) my trimester the PC in my Bizzare wireless adapter/connection problem (D-Link DWL-G122 rev. B) room has no internet connection The adapter refuses to connect to any network and maintain that connection for more than a few seconds I ve tried the following already - Clean install of drivers - Fiddling with different router channels - Turning off all other wireless devices in the area phones bluetooth etc - Using other USB ports on the computer - Trying several other networks in my neighborhood - Trying the device on other computers it works fine on the other ones Based on the last thing on that list my conclusion is that something s funky with my PC or my network settings for that computer since I tried three other PC s on my home network with this adapter and they all work fine I was gonna call tech support but it s Sunday They probably won t be able to help anyways they never do for tech issues beyond those that tech dumbies throw at them Any help here would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Bizzare wireless adapter/connection problem (D-Link DWL-G122 rev. B)

(From a JohnWill post)

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Windows XP with SP2.

Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt.

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reset TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ip reset reset.log

Reboot the machine.

If still no go please show ...

Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:
(For Vista type CMD in the Search box after Start)

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bizzare-wireless-adapter-connection-problem-d-link-dwl-g122-rev-b.679232/
Relevancy 52.46%

Is there anything on this log Slow, slow broadcast on brand machine, upload internet new that might slow down my Slow, brand new machine, slow upload on internet broadcast machine particularly in Internet broadcasting Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Even though I use Mozilla Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS Slow, brand new machine, slow upload on internet broadcast system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Intel ASF Agent ASFAgent exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exe C WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL MICROSOFTBCM Binn sqlservr exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus IWP NPFMntor exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system MsPMSPSv exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe C Program Files Roxio Easy Media Creator Drag to Disc DrgToDsc exe C Program Files Roxio Roxio DVDMax Player PDVDServ exe C Program Files Creative SBAudigy ZS Surround Mixer CTSysVol exe C Program Files Creative SBAudigy ZS DVDAudio CTDVDDet EXE C WINDOWS system CTHELPER EXE C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files WinPortrait wpctrl exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Creative MediaSource RemoteControl RCMan EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files WinPortrait floater exe C Program Files Plextor PlexTool exe C Program Files WordWeb wweb exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqgalry exe C Program Files Winamp Winamp exe C Program Files Netscape Netscape Browser netscape exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Yahoo Messenger ymsgr tray exe C Documents and Settings DiSalle Desktop Folders HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http cgi verizon net bookmarks bmredir asp region east amp bw dsl amp cd amp bm ho search R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Microsoft Internet Explorer customized for Verizon Online R - URLSearchHook no name - BE C-B - D D- A A- A E FE - C PROGRA COPERN COPERN DLL O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar Copernic Agent - F E E - FC - C-A E - DD FA E - C Program Files Copernic Agent CopernicAgentExt dll O - HKLM Run ATIPTA C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe O - HKLM Run RoxioDragToDisc quot C Program Files Roxio Easy Media Creator Drag to Disc DrgToDsc exe quot O - HKLM Run RemoteControl C Program Files Roxio Roxio DVDMax Player PDVDServ exe O - HKLM Run CTSysVol C Program Files Creative SBAudigy ZS Surround Mixer CTSysVol exe r O - HKLM Run CTDVDDET C Program Files Creative SBAudig... Read more

A:Slow, brand new machine, slow upload on internet broadcast

Hi, One thing sticks out, but there are a lot of other things starting up, you do need to trim startups some...

You have two antivirus programs, Norton and AVG, are both active in the background, starting when the computer does? That alone will cause you problems....use one or the other, save the second, but set it to not run at all when the computer starts...you can do this inside the program itself in almost all cases...look in Options or Settings for the things that are checked to let the program start up and monitor in the background (active protection) and set the one disabled.

I know some folks that work a lot with startup items...you will probably be hearing from some with help for that.

I tried running Copernic a few years ago on what today is an outdated machine and it really bogged things down...used to use a lot of resources that could be better used elsewhere.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-brand-new-machine-slow-upload-on-internet-broadcast.397227/
Relevancy 49.02%

I am using uTorrent and I get about 1.3mbps down and only couple of kb up!

Why is that? Can I speed it up?

A:Slow upload

Quote: Originally Posted by ColdIce

I am using uTorrent and I get about 1.3mbps down and only couple of kb up!

Why is that? Can I speed it up?

could be a lot of things like configuration of utorrent, networking, etc. we need a lot of information about your setup.
Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/84511-slow-upload.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Very strange situation A day or Slow Upload so ago web Slow Upload browsing slowed down It seems to be the upload that is causing the problem Here is why I believe that speedtest net comes back with normal results for latency and download speed Locks up when it tries to check upload speed Can download email fine but sending uploading emails does not work for anything larger than the tiniest email I have power cycled the cable modem and the wireless router several times Of course I have re-booted the computer many times No change I have run adaware spybot and superantispyware which all only found a few tracking cookies Even when I shut them all down it is still slow Here is the HijackThis log Running processes C Program Files x Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAAnotif exe C Program Files x Skype Phone Skype exe C Users Swan AppData Local Plaxo plaxosystray exe C Program Files x Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Users Swan AppData Local Plaxo PlaxoHelper en exe C Users Swan AppData Local Google Update GoogleUpdate exe C Program Files x Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Program Files x SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe C Program Files x Privoxy privoxy exe C Program Files x Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exe C Program Files x Adobe Acrobat Acrobat acrotray exe C Program Files x r Studios Startup Delayer Startup Launcher GUI exe C Program Files x eFax Messenger J GDllCmd exe C Program Files x Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files x Skype Plugin Manager skypePM exe C Users Swan AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer IELowutil exe C Program Files x Mozilla Thunderbird thunderbird exe C Program Files x Google Google Calendar Sync GoogleCalendarSync exe C Users Swan AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Swan AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Swan AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DX PDVDDXSrv exe C Users Swan AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Swan AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Internet Explorer provided by Dell R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local lt local gt R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - Hosts localhost O - BHO SnagIt Toolbar Loader - C D-C - C - -FCE AD C - C Program Files x TechSmith Snagit SnagitBHO dll O - BHO ContributeBHO Class - C DC - - A A- D-C C - C Program Files x Adobe Adobe Contribute CS contributeieplugin dll O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files x Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office GrooveShellExtensions dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files x Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files x Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - B... Read more

A:Slow Upload

I had tried a nearby network as a control source to determine if it was my hardware/software vs. my network. Though it is very low signal (neighbour's unsecured network), I had been able to use it in the past when trying out some things. Now, it was not working. This led me to believe I had a problem with my machine.

I took laptop to a friend's house and tried it on his network. No problems. Brought it home and tried again. No problems. Good news, but can't explain.

Happy that I am back to normal, but worried that I am going to experience degradation again. Any thoughts?

Swan

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-upload.825286/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi There,

I was wondering if anybody could recommend some freeware that is able to monitor the live upload and download statistics of client machines in a network.

E.g. Install main program on server and service on all clients. Service feeds back information to the server allowing me to see how much data different machines are uploading/downloading.

I had a look around and didnt find anything.

Edit: It doesn't have to be a service, could be a client that is installed and just runs in system tray or something similar.

A:Network upload/download monitor

Just an update for anyone watching this, I did find an Alpha version of something along the lines of what I am looking for.http://www.webspy.com/products/soho/The functionality is not great, not many features as of yet, and seems to be only for small networks (5 Machines).Works quite well though.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/338923/network-uploaddownload-monitor/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi,
I am on a company network and when I do a speedtest (at www.speedtest.net) I get a great download speed (6200 kb/s) not I have virtual no upload speed ( 7 kb/s) while others on the same network in the office (we are 7) have simular download speeds and upload speeds of 378 kb/s. Any idea's?
Thanks

A:Slow Upload Speeds

Not offhand, but I'd talk to the IT folks, there could be a variety of reasons. For what I hope are obvious reasons, we don't get involved in tinkering with company networks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-upload-speeds.780796/
Relevancy 48.59%

i dont no if this is slow or not but if someone can look that this for me

guys so there is nothing i can do ??

A:upload speed is slow

Thats faster than mine..... Them numbers are useless without knowing what youre paying for.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/283011-upload-speed-slow.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I'm having trouble with slow upload speeds on my vista ultimate x machine My ISP is providing a connection and the download is working fine but the upload is only at mb My router is provided by my ISP Verizon and just has their name on it with a model number of MI WR on it I have other computers running XP speeds Slow Upload on the network that can upload download just fine and if i plug the ethernet cable thats in my vista machine into my laptop that's running XP it can upload dowload just Slow Upload speeds fine The Slow Upload speeds slow upload occurs when trying to transfer files over the network as well as when online I had Avg anti-virus installed but have since uninstalled it and have not seen any change in the upload speed I also tried turning off Remote Differential Compression but it seemed to have no effect on the upload speed My system specs are as follows ASUS P N-T Deluxe NVIDIA nForce i SLI Core Quad Socket MHz PC - DDR - ATX Motherboard INTEL Core Extreme QX GHz MHz Socket MB BFG GeForce GX GB PCI Express Video Card WESTERN Slow Upload speeds DIGITAL VelociRaptor GB SATA II RPM MB Buffer Hard Drive PATRIOT GB PC - DDR - DDR Memory Any help or comments are appreciated Thank you

A:Slow Upload speeds

It could be a driver setting, check the device manager for the ethernet adapter's settings and check that everything is correct. I know some cards default to full 10/100 duplex, maybe something went wrong was accidentally changed.

Hope this helps. If not post back

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/268805-slow-upload-speeds.html
Relevancy 48.59%

hi

i have telus with a wireless modem that they provided. i get 12.44mb/sec for download wich seems pretty good to me but my upload is always lower then 1mbs. is there a way to get better upload for gaming?

A:slow upload with telus

Probably not, typically downloads are much faster than uploads for most services.

Let's see this.
Run this Berkeley ICSI Netalyzr and let it complete, it'll take several minutes. At the top of the results page, you'll find a link named Permalink, as illustrated in the graphic below. Click that link, then copy the link address from the browser address bar and paste it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-upload-with-telus.961632/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi my download speed and upload speed went very slow a week and half back before this they were fine upload speeds of kb speed Upload slow and download speed of - kb Now my download speed has come back to normal but my upload speed is still slow getting - kb upload rate I use a Upload speed slow router speedtouch Product Name Thompson ST v Serial Number CP JT RA Software Release Software Variant EX Boot Loader Version Product Code Board Name BANT-W Operating system Windows Vista Hijack log file Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Windows System igfxtray exe C Windows System hkcmd exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Windows system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Windows PixArt Pac Monitor exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashDisp exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmplayer exe C Program Files Internet Explorer ieuser exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www myaolbroadband co uk R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www myaolbroadband co uk R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http search aol co uk web isinit true amp query s R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Internet Explorer provided by Dell R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - Default URLSearchHook is missing O - Hosts localhost O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - BHO Browser Address Error Redirector - CA C - B - E-A -A C DB F - C Program Files Dell BAE BAE dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar Veoh Browser Plug-in - D - - -A B -AEFAF AB - C Program Files Veoh Networks Veoh Plugins reg VeohToolbar dll O - HKLM Run Windows Defender ProgramFiles Windows Defender MSASCui exe -hide O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C Windows system igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C Windows system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run Persistence C Windows system igfxpers exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run dscactivate quot C Program Files Dell Support Center gs agent custom dsca exe quot O - HKLM Run Monitor C Windows PixArt PAC Monitor exe O - HKLM Run avast C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe O - HKCU Run ehTray exe C Windows ehome ehTray exe O - HKCU Run msnmsgr quot C Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe quo... Read more

Relevancy 48.59%

Hello Recently I noticed that my Internet's upload speed is EXTREMELY low No problem with Download I have almost a M Download But i ran a speed Upload Slow Speed test on Speedtest net - The Global Broadband Speed Test and downlaod was fine no problem but i simply wouldn't upload I Slow Upload Speed tried sending an email Slow Upload Speed with a small attachment very slow took like minutes to add the attachement I have AVG Internet Security with everything turned on Here is my HijackThis Log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Unknown Windows WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons QLBCTRL exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant HPWAMain exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant WiFiMsg exe C Windows System rundll exe C Windows System rundll exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe Slow Upload Speed C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared HpqToaster exe C Windows system conime exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Windows system taskmgr exe C Users Dan Desktop Dan HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page Live Search R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL myAOL HP R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL Live Search R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page Live Search R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page myAOL HP R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhost O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - HKLM Run Windows Defender ProgramFiles Windows Defender MSASCui exe -hide O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe O - HKLM Run QlbCtrl ProgramFiles Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons QlbCtrl exe Start O - HKLM Run hpWirelessAssistant ProgramFiles Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant HPWAMain exe O - HKLM Run WAWifiMessage ProgramFiles Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant WiFiMsg exe O - HKLM Run SynTPStart C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPStart exe O - HKLM Run NvSvc RUNDLL EXE C Windows system nvsvc dll nvsvcStart O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C Windows system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C Windows system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKLM Run AVG TRAY C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe O - HKLM RunOnce Launcher WINDIR SMINST launcher exe O - HKCU Run Sidebar C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe autoRun O - HKCU Run ehTray exe C Windows ehome ehTray exe O - HKCU Run WMPNSCFG C Program Files Windows Media Player WMPNSCFG exe O - Extra context menu item Add to Windows amp Live Favorites - A... Read more

A:Slow Upload Speed

Hijackthis is ok if you run a HP computer.
Did you install a prog before having this problem?
Try a speedtest with AV/Firewall disabled. (post the result)

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/154988-slow-upload-speed.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Please help I am running Windows XP and SLOW download/upload about a SLOW download/upload week and a half ago things slowed to a crawl I have a wireless connection through Clearwire and I received a message that my connection was slowing down the network and that I needed to clean up any viruses or anything that was bogging down my system AFTER they informed me of this my computer slowed tremendously I did the following scans Trend Micro PC-Cillin ver AVG Ad-Aware SpyBot Search amp Destroy SpyWare Blaster Anything that was returned was Quarantined and Removed and upon restart I SLOW download/upload have re-scanned each and nothing comes up My Internet connection starts up OK and certain pages seem to load fine but others with imbedded video files or multiple jpegs are extremely slow When I try to download music files from iTunes my quot connection times out quot I've cleaned up my startup programs and have pretty much exhausted my knowledge Can anybody out there help me Thanks in advance

A:SLOW download/upload

Hi timoscar,

Have you contacted your ISP? Depending on what package you have it could be that the amount of MBs they are giving you is too much for your PC. Ask them to cap it at 6-7MB if this is the case.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/175371/slow-downloadupload/
Relevancy 48.59%

I am comparing the download and upload speeds (zoomtown) of my work laptop (Dell D620) and home latpop (Sony FW). My Dell is 3 years old, my Sony is fairly new.

Here is the results of the test:
My home laptop: download 3700 kbps; upload: 117 kbps
My work laptop: download 8200 kbps; upload: 2230 kbps

This is about the average I get each time I test.
Both laptops are connecting through the same Netgear g Router.
Both laptops are next to me during the test while the Router is near me.

Does anyone know what is likely causing the disparity?

Thanks much.

A:Slow Download & Upload

It'll likely come down to one of these factors:

1) The NIC driver on the D620 - have you updated to the latest driver?

2) Interference from the anti-virus on the D620. Try to completely uninstall the AV as a test - is there an immediate and substantial increase in speeds?

3) The use of network "optimiser" utilities on the D620 - they've mangled the default settings.

4) Other security or inspection utilities on the D620. Try booting to [safe mode + net] and testing from there.

One key bit of info that's missing is whether the "work" D620 behaves normally at work. In other words, is the sub-par network performance limited to your own home. If so, that points at a completely different set of problems compared to "slow irrespective of location".

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/229078-slow-download-upload.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I tried to upload a file on mediafire but speed was too slow(around 45 KB/s).Is there any free file hosting service with good upload speed and resumable too?I'm in a college use proxy to connect to the internet.The download speed varies between 100KB/s and 1MB/s.

A:Slow upload speed

Here is a list of some, i have not used any of these except filehosting.org. Hope this helps ou get started

http://www.tipsblogger.com/2009/07/10-best-free-file-hosting-service-providers/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/442744/slow-upload-speed/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi all I think this board might be my only hope I've been using Vista Home Premium x problems Vista Connection Network Upload and SP for a few months now and connecting to my wifi is a definite no no but that is probably due Vista Network Connection and Upload problems to the fact that I use a crappy wifi card in my desktop that is not configured for use with Vista No biggy I just use the integrated ethernet plug on the motherboard and it works fine Until Every time I try to upload something larger than lets say mb it has a fit and goe into the now well-known Local Only mode It also does this sometimes when I visit Facebook weird I know or when the PC goes into sleep mode and comes back online after I wake it But mostly I get the upload problem Downloading is fine I checked and upgraded all the necessary drivers have all the vista updates and am stuck using my laptop running XP Pro for the uploading part of my daily work I use Bitdefender as an AV and Firewall thanks for any advice Willy

A:Vista Network Connection and Upload problems

Hi Willy and Welcome to Vistax64.com!

Try uninstalling Bitdefender then restart and try some tests to see if its working again, This Tutorial might be helpful too...

Auto Tuning - TCP/IP receive level

Steven

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/162610-vista-network-connection-upload-problems.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi Yall,

I'm trying to fix an older Inspiron running Windows XP Media Edition 2005 for a friend.

I've updated all, upgraded to 2gb of ram.  Everything is up to date and is running with sp3.

My problem is I cannot get pics uploaded to Ebay on a wireless connection.  It works just fine if I'm connected with an ethernet cable to the router.(at my house) Tried with 3 different browsers, IE8, Chrome and Firefox.

My friend lives out in the country and hard wiring her pc is not an option.  She uses a satellite connection a good distance from the house, thus the wireless connection.  

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks

Deborah

A:Can't upload pictures to Ebay on a wireless network

I'd just set the wireless connection up anew, since the wired connection works properly.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/504378/cant-upload-pictures-to-ebay-on-a-wireless-network/
Relevancy 48.16%

I my name is Vicente C. Reyes and I need help, I'm new with trying to fix my computer myself. see I tried paying someone else and I ended up being cheated. the guy stole some of my drive space, i had like 500 gb capacity, when i got my computer back is reading only 127. and theres still problems with my computer.

anyway, recently my computer is starting to be very slow in uploading into the internet, and when i get online, its very slow to upload any webpage, this is on google chrome, when i try to use internet explorer i cannot even upload any webpage.

can someone help me please, and show how do i fix these problems

Thank You,

Vicente Reyes

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/my-computer-is-very-slow-to-upload-any-webpage-445492.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Early this morning (around 1 AM) my upload speeds were cut severely.

Here's my speed test results:
I've had this same problem before so I called my ISP and aksed them about it and they said they'd do some tests over there.

What could have caused this twice? It's only my connection because none of my friends in the area seem to be having problems and they didn't get any calls about it.

P.S.: My upload speeds are usually over 700 KB/s on speedtest.net -- and I've tried using different servers.

Thanks,
AC

Relevancy 48.16%

What is the ratio supposed to be between the download speed and the upload speed in a normal working configuation so upload Why is my Solved: slow? speed My webpages are taking forever to load I Solved: Why is my upload speed so slow? used this speedtest http my verizon com micro speedtest broadband and the result was download speed Mbps upload speed Mbps This problem started yesterday and I don t know how to troubleshoot or fix the problem Here is my system and equipment that I am using My provider is cable Brighthouse hooked up to their Scientific Atlanta modem and from there it is hooked up to a Belkin Connect N wireless router Solved: Why is my upload speed so slow? I am not using the wireless on my laptop but am wired directly to the router Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack bit Processor Genuine Intel R CPU T GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R GM Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Intel Corporation MPAD-MSAE Customer Reference Boards Not Applicable Not Applicable Antivirus avast Antivirus Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled nbsp

A:Solved: Why is my upload speed so slow?

What is the ratio supposed to be between the download speed and the upload speed in a normal working configuation?Click to expand...

Whatever your ISP declares it to be (presumably they have configured their network that way). For example, my cable ISP advertises 12 Mbps down, 1 Mbps up.

I'm not convinced that the results from that Verizon test are reliable for people who do not have Verizon service. How about trying Speedtest.net? Using that what results do you get with a connection to the router, and what do you get with a connection directly to the modem?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-why-is-my-upload-speed-so-slow.972167/
Relevancy 48.16%

Has anyone had this upload slow speed? Sudden problem before I m running windows xp and all of a sudden Sudden slow upload speed? yesterday my upload went from around mb which is my limit for my ISP to anywhere between - kbps My download speed is just as quick as it s always been I have called my ISP Shaw and they suggested something is blocking my connection because my ping was either really high or really low I apologize I don t understand how ping works I just ran a speed test and the ping was at ms and the upload was kbps it took nearly minutes to calculate the upload speed I was told a virus could be blocking my connection so I have ran numerous anti-malware removal programs including Sudden slow upload speed? SuperAntiSpyware malware-bytes avira anti-vir cc cleaner spybot search and destroy they removed some viruses but still have not fixed the problem My ISP s customer service rep suggested that maybe download accelerator plus may be blocking it but it didn t fix it either I ve also tried a system restore to a point that was about a month ago I m completely lost and would rather not wait a couple days and pay the computer store to clean my computer I apologize for just joining and making this my first post but I m desperate Any help would be greatly appreciated thank you in advance nbsp

Relevancy 48.16%

hello in recent weeks my & Solved: PC Sluggish Slow Upload pc has become really slow i have mbit download and upload which is slow Solved: Slow Upload & Sluggish PC but usually kbs upload recently its been like - kbs and freezes very often My download is fine I am relatively a novice when it comes to PC so go easy i have scanned and deleted everything with adaware antvir and spybot also i have just scanned with hijack this heres the log dell dimensions windows xp GB HDD pentium R CPU GHZ GB OF RAM Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE C Program Files AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic sched exe C Program Files AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic avguard exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS BCMSMMSG exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exe C Program Files Java jre bin Solved: Slow Upload & Sluggish PC jusched exe C Program Files AntiVir PersonalEdition Solved: Slow Upload & Sluggish PC Classic avgnt exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files Winamp winampa exe C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMBgMonitor exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMIndexStoreSvr exe C Program Files AIM aolsoftware exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C WINDOWS system msiexec exe C Program Files WinRAR WinRAR exe C DOCUME Westwood LOCALS Temp Rar EX HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www euro dell com countries i en default htm R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www euro dell com countries i en default htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run BCMSMMSG BCMSMMSG exe O - HKLM Run POINTER point exe O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run SoundMAXPnP C Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run avgnt quot C Program Files AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic avgnt exe quot min O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run WinampAgent C Program Files Winamp winampa exe O - HKCU Run RealPlayer quot C Program Files Real RealPlayer realplay exe quot RunUPGToolCommandReBoot O - HKCU Run msnmsgr quot C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe quot background O - HKCU Run BgMonitor E - C C- d f- C - D A B AA quot C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMBgMonitor exe quot O - HKCU Run Aim quot C Program Files AIM aim exe quot d locale en-US ee aol imApp O - HKCU Run SUPERAntiSpyware C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe O - Extra context menu item amp AIM Search - res C Program Files AIM Toolbar AIMBar dll aimsearch htm O - Extra context menu item amp eBay Search - res C Program Files eBay eBay Toolbar eBayTb dll RCSearch html O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA OFFICE EXCEL EX... Read more

Relevancy 48.16%

I have AT amp T DSL internet service and I'm using their -Wire HG-B modem router plus all my phones lines connected to a phone or Sat receiver have their filters installed on them I'm subscribed to their Mbps plan but for quite awhile now I've noticed very slow internet speed Going to Speedtest net - Results or Speed Test Bandwidth Broadband Internet Services I'm getting download readings as low as Kbps to Mbps the latter very very seldon with an average of under Mbps AT amp T did a ping or something and can tell I have noise on Speeds Slow Download/Upload the Slow Download/Upload Speeds line so they say it's probably either the router or one of the phone lines so this morning a tech dropped off a new router same brand model but I can't see any improvement When the tech came the other day he hooked up his small modem from my phone line to his laptop and ran a speed test and it was consistently Mbps So are there any settings on my modem router that could be slowing things down Or do you think one of my phone lines is causing the problem

A:Slow Download/Upload Speeds

you may want to check for background services using TCP connections.
Via Command prompt, type in: netstat -b

This will list the current connections your services are running. If you see public ip addresses in the list, you know you have a background service (hopefully) connecting to a web address.

usual connections are antivirus and update services like; adobe and windows updates.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/171229-slow-download-upload-speeds.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello am from Lithuania Europe Have wired LAN internet direct to PC no wireless Mbps download upload both to Lithuania and abroad Dell Latitude Windows Firewall Nod Windows Noticed my to upload Slow abroad speed upload to Europe is only - Mpbs to Lithuania - - Mbps Download is - Mbps to everywhere in Europe Disabled firewall and Slow upload speed to abroad Nod - nothing changed Scanned with Nod and Malwarebytes - nothing Can t understand Slow upload speed to abroad where the reason is Also have to note my first hop of tracert always gives time outs so time outs for DHCP Sometimes in the morning after turning my Dell on I notice I have upload for Mbps to Europe for - minutes then upload fails to - I also noticed during this short term of that fast upload first hop of tracert gives no time outs Contacted my ISP they came turned their PC on and got - Mbps upload Told problem was on my side and left Any ideas on my upload nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-upload-speed-to-abroad.1167483/
Relevancy 48.16%

"Hi! I"m aComcast customer. In the house we have two desktops. Both are old. Mine is from 2004 ( I  have made some "upgrades" to it ) and has very slow download and upload speeds. My daughter's is from 2005 or so and is considerably faster. My laptop is fine. I suspect that hers is too. 

Any suggestions has to what could be the problem with my desktop and how I may be able to make it  a bit faster?

A:Slow download and upload speeds

Do you have any Comcast branded programs installed on the computer? Comcast does not have a stellar history when it comes to branded software.  Everything they've come out with and branded seems to cause issues for some people.
What modem do you have? If it is an older modem it can cause what you describe. However, since you say the laptops are fine I'm doubtful the modem is the culprit.
If you have a router it seems as if that would cause all computers to suffer.
Is your desktop connected directly to your router or do you connect it wirelessly?
I'm grasping at straws here.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/496220/slow-download-and-upload-speeds/
Relevancy 48.16%

I'm currently trying to get an importnt postion for a job but it requires a upload speed of 635-640.But my computer upload speed is currently 437.10 ,what can literally make my upload speed run faster? PLEASE HELP ME FIX THIS ISSUE,THANKX!*

A:slow upload speed from internet

Ultimately the upload and download speeds you get are determined by your Internet connection. You need to contact your ISP to find out the normal upload speed for your connection. If your speed is substantially slower than this your computer or other hardware may have issues. But in most cases you would need to buy a faster connection from your ISP.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/slow-upload-speed-from-internet-610003.html
Relevancy 48.16%

My pc is doing about 10x the amount of uploads to downloads. I don't use P2P and really have no idea what it is doing. Am pretty much tech ignorant so that doesn't help. Hoping someone can help me here

ETA I'm using Vista as my OS, use Firefox as my browser, don't use any email other than GMail and don't do any file sharing (that I am aware of). I do use picassa for photos and occasionally flicker. The only game I play online is scrabble occasionally.

anyway, thanks in advance

K

A:Slow Pc With Extraordinary Upload Amount

Hello, kebeni. to BleepingComputer.comMy name is Billy O'Neal and I will be helping you. (Billy or Bill is fine, if you like.)I want to apologise that it has taken so long to get back to you. We on the HJT Team are working as fast as possible to get your log answered.If you would still like help, please post a new HiJack This log below, as things may have changed on your system.If you do not still need help, please let me know, so that I can move on to other users who still need help.Please take note of the following:While a HJT Team member is working with you, please refrain from making any changes to your computer.Also, even if things appear to be running better, there is no guarantee that everything is finished. Please continue to check this forum post in order to ensure we get your system completely clean. We do not want to clean you part-way up, only to have the system re-infect itself. If you do not understand any step(s) provided, please do not hesitate to ask before continuing. I would much rather clarify instructions or explain them differently than have something important broken.Please reply using the button in the lower left hand corner of your screen.Old topics are closed after 3 days with no reply, and working topics are closed after 5 days. If for any reason you cannot complete instructions within that time, that's fine, just put a post here so that I know you're still here. We get a lot of people who simply leave, and if there is no contact for that amount of time I will have to assume you have "vanished" .Billy3

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/170201/slow-pc-with-extraordinary-upload-amount/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi guys!
I'm having a big trouble with my internet connection. The Upload speed is extremely slow...
after i got a new mainboard, that problem appears
Here is my http://speedtest.net result:
download speed: 9.45 Mbps
upload speed: Failed, cannot test the upload speed

And the result from http://ip-adress.com/speedtest/ :
download speed: 9.11 Mbps
upload speed: 0.02 Mbps

I'm tired with my suck internet connection! Upload a 1MB photo to Facebook took me hours...
This problem has started for a week and I have no idea how to troubleshoot or fix the problem.
Can you guys help me out
thanks a lot

A:Why is my upload speed extremely slow?

Anyone?
Please help me...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/why-is-my-upload-speed-extremely-slow.1092435/
Relevancy 48.16%

For the past few days, my computer (XP) has been downloading, uploading, and even surfing very slowly....it hangs up for a minute or so, unless I move my mouse....then everything jumps.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance
Happy New year, members!

Joe in NJ

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/down-upload-slow-unless-i-move-mouse.790837/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello, this is my first forum post. I was wondering why this is happening to me:
After moving houses, I changed modem and internet connection.

My new modem is a NETGEAR20. It is brand new.

I check my download speed:

600kb/s - 900kb/s - This is good, because at my old house I was used to around 100kb/s.

I check my download speed:

20kb/s - 150kb/s - This is terrible. I have trouble uploading videos, cannot stream and have lagg in games due to the slow upload speed.

Any information is appreciated, thank you for reading.

Relevancy 48.16%

Hey all In the last weeks I Upload? Connection Poor Slow -- ve had a seriously slow internet connection Web-browsing as well as using any program that connects to or uses the internet have all been slow I went to www speedtest net to test my internet connection and these are the results that I got after Slow Connection -- Poor Upload? several tests Average Download kb s Average Upload kb s lt --- umm I ve tried running a spyware cleaner Spybot S amp D and virus scanner AVG but neither came up with anything I m not very familiar with any networking concept and honestly don t even know where to start troubleshooting this issue Local ISP shows no issues with their system status so I don t think it is their issue Others in my area with the same service don t seem to be having any issues either Any ideas where to start narrowing down what my issue might be Thanks --ArkGuy MS Windows XP SP AMD Athlon X Dual Core Processor NVIDIA GeForce GTS GB RAM nbsp

A:Slow Connection -- Poor Upload?

Register at DSLReports and run their line quality tests. Post a link to the results here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-connection-poor-upload.624840/
Relevancy 48.16%

HELP!!

I do not know what I have done. I have cable with fast d/l speed but u/l speed is terrible. Cable tech support has not been able to help at all. Have read many forums and cannot find anything addressing only upload probs.

Setup:
2 comps connected to dlink di604 router then to motorola surfboard modem. router is just to share internet connection. the comps are not networked.

I keep getting timed out when I send an email w/ 3.7MB attachment using Outlook Express. If I try to send the same with IE the page just locks up. My P2P also has no u/l speed even when set to max.

Cable co says I have the max package which is 5MB down/ 1MB up.

Cant figure out which switch to flip, this slowdown is in both machines.

Thanks

A:Upload speed slow 4 kilobits/sec

Try hooking up one machine directly to the cable modem. See if it speeds up, if it does it's your router. If not, call the cable company back.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/upload-speed-slow-4-kilobits-sec.465391/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hey all I am connected to the internet on a wired connection to a Linksys BEFW S router with a WebStar modem About a week ago my internet connection started to be really slow at times but it took me a few days to actually figure out what it was I ve found that when I try to download or upload with uTorrent a torrent client send a file to a buddy on AIM instant messenger upload a file to my googlepages account or upload a file to www yousendit com it goes verrry slowly For example trying to upload a meg file on yousendit takes about minutes and I just sent my friend a meg file on AIM and it took around minutes Now two things One my brother is connected wirelessly to the router I mentioned A day or two he sent me a screenshot which is around megs and it just took a couple seconds And yesterday I sent him a file that was at least or megs and it only took a matter of seconds So I would guess the router is fine since we connected quickly through it Second it has seemed at least with uTorrent and yousendit that when I try to use them the rest of my applications that use the internet get slow With uTorrent open the speeds aren Slow (Upload?) Sudden Speeds t very fast and my Sudden Slow (Upload?) Speeds websites don t load quickly and even checking away mesasges takes a few seconds each When I close the connections in uTorrent things speed up again I think the same happens for yousendit I was already on the uTorrent forums when I thought it was a problem just with uTorrent and they told me how to change my TCPIP settings and I did but I guess it didn t help Now if I do a speed test say at bandwidthplace com I just did one right now it said megabits per second that s actually the fastest I ve seen Let me do a few more right now It might be fast because the rest of my family is asleep and not using the internet I don t know But those are definitely fast speeds So I m not a total n b but I don t know too much about this area specifically If you guys can give me some suggestions if you have any idea it would be hugely appreciated And if I haven t told you enough information or you need to know something else I d be more than happy to tell you There s no way I can send my father MPEGs of a performance of mine with these speeds so anything you can do to help would be awesome Thanks a lot nbsp

Relevancy 48.16%

First to get you up to speed I purchased cable broadband days ago after being without internet for months It s a Mbps connection and we have Fast Slow download upload - two laptops that Fast download - Slow upload are working on it wirelessly without issue The desktop I m typing this on has reasonable latency and download speed - ms - Mb s down but it s uploading incredibly slowly So slowly that I can t even get an online speedtest to read it Speedtest net Shaw speedtest ca and dslreports tell me that my latency and down speed are all consistent but none of them can tell me my upload speed They all just continue loading endlessly or spit out an error Yesterday I was able to get utorrent to read my upload speed kilobytes s it said But after reformatting and re-installing Windows in an attempt to fix the issue Utorrent now just tells me it has timed out when I try to use it to diagnose my connection speed When I attempt to play WoW it tells me that my local latency is fine but the server latency jumps rapidly until I m finally disconnected Even if I m not disconnected it s still mostly unplayable The web is surfable but webpages can often take awhile to load Once I m able to navigate to a video though I can stream it at p without issue I can torrent and download files very quickly as well I spent minutes on the phone with a service representative and feel fairly certain that the problem is not on their end or with the modem I ve tried every lan port two ethernet cables power cycling reformatting defragmenting scanning for malware after the reformat multiple browers The tech even reset the modem firmware over the phone The last thing I did was try using my laptop on a wired connection it produced normal upload speeds Now I m not certain what to do It seems like the problem may have something to do with my ethernet card or its settings The day we got the internet I tested it twice and it actually uploaded just fine I ran TCP Optimizer thinking that it might increase speeds further I tested it again after that and if I m not mistaken it s upload speed was fine for that test as well I played WoW for an hour before bed and noticed some lag Fell asleep woke up the next day and was experiencing my current problems I used TCP Optimizer to reset back to Windows defaults I forgot to backup my previous settings to no avail But a reformat would have solved the issue if that was the problem wouldn t it I m very clueless and if anyone could offer me any assistance I d be absolutely ecstatic nbsp

Relevancy 48.16%

Roughly - days ago my computer suddenly started having great difficulty loading webpages especially with loading images Also seem to have very low upload speeds possibly unrelated My computer is connected to the modem through a router shared with one other computer that is not experiencing any of the problems I have been At the outset of these issues I tried resolving by Slow Upload Issues Speeds/Other restarting the modem router and computer and connecting my computer directly to the modem and used different ethernet cables with no effect I ve run a variety of anti-virus and malware spyware scans which also produced no results I ve perused my computers processes and networking for anything unusual and didn t notice anything but my experience is limited and I could well have missed something When testing my connection speed with a speedtest from my ISP comcast I had a ms ping and Mbps download both of which are normal for my service but had an abysmal Mbps Upload speed A couple of other anomalous behaviors I noticed are having no unusual latency in online games and no problems streaming video with the exception of a longer wait for videos to start Following are a few test results that could be helpful Speedtest Ping ms Download Mbps Upload Mbps nslookup yahoo com Server cns beaverton or bverton comcast net Address Non-authoritative answer Name yahoo com Addresses ping yahoo com Pinging yahoo com with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms Line test http www dslreports com pingtest cb cb r Since this is only affecting my computer and not the other computer on the network could this be an issue with my computer alone If so what could the likely culprits be and what where should I go to seek Slow Upload Speeds/Other Issues assistance with such problems If there is any other information I can provide in diagnosing the cause of this issue please let me know and thank you in advance EDIT fixed grammar spelling issues Added more specifics about issue nbsp

Relevancy 48.16%

Good morning I am having a slow speed upload issue that I m trying to troubleshoot Sorry for adding another to the long list of similar problems I ve read through several pages of quot slow upload quot issues here and I ve run the basic testing Issue Upload speeds to http or issue Solved: Another Slow upload ftp are Solved: Another Slow upload issue limiting to approx - kbps This is not consistent with speeds provisioned by ISP Tracking networking in TM during upload shows approx of Solved: Another Slow upload issue Mbps LAC in use quot Bytes sent quot Test Results amp Details Malware scan shows no issues MSE shows no issues Disk Defrag Connection settings Cisco VPNAgent disabled LAC settings OK Static IP No Proxies or SSH LAN settings Auto non selected Speedtest net results Speedtest is consistent with Mbps Kbps Asym Cable Package Network testing and investigation Ping abc com -t sec loss Average ms Max ms note ping is a little high on idle today Average around - TCP View at idle Solved: Another Slow upload issue Connections Listeners Endpoints Linksys WRT GS router set to DMZ Connection is Coax to modem and CAT direct Modem Router PC Other Devices in off or standby during testing Wii wireless PS wireless Mac G wired nd Asus Desktop Wired Network adaptor properties Nvidia nForce Mbps Ethernet drivers Nvidia Network Access Manager Startup progams running are essentials only RtHDVCpl MSSE AdobeARM FlashPlayerUpdate Sidebar All others disabled on startup HijackThisLog Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Unknown Windows WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes D MyDocuments My Applications HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar Preserve R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO ContributeBHO Class - C DC - - A A- D-C C - F Program Files x Adobe Adobe Contribute CS contributeieplugin dll O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO Flight Simulation Toolbar - d b- - ba -b - eaae - C Program Files x Flight Simulation tbFlig dll O - BHO SkypeIEPluginBHO - AE - E C- ED - F B-F F A - C Program Files x Skype Toolbars Internet Explorer skypeieplugin dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - Toolbar Contribute Toolbar - BDDE -E A - -B E- B B FC - F Program Files x Adobe Adobe Contribute CS contributeieplugin dll O - Toolbar Flight Simulation Toolbar - d b- - ba -b - eaae - C Program Files x Flight Simulation tbFlig dll O - HKLM Run Adobe ARM quot C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe quot O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files x Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files x QuickTime QTTask exe quot -atboottime O - HKCU Run Sidebar C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe autoRun O - HKCU RunOnce FlashPlayerUpdate C Windows SysWow Macromed Flash FlashUtil e exe O -... Read more

Relevancy 47.73%

When i run this intel integrator assistant (IIA) on my mobo dp55wb it shows me Error:This motherboard is not supported by IIA.
jus a week back i had updated my bios and my bios boot splash screen with this software and now its tellin me that that this is not suppported...now wat can be the problem with this

even i did a manual bios update but still the same error

i am on win7x64 ultimate

A:Bizzare Problem with intel DP55WB and Intel integrator Assistant

how to remove all the threads ,links of an installed component, even from the reg and other locations..any nice recommended software .??

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/138354-bizzare-problem-intel-dp55wb-intel-integrator-assistant.html
Relevancy 47.3%

First discovered this problem because I was unable to connect to a particular web site that was functional according to a friend that I was talking to on the telephone while trying to connect Problem Network UPLOAD speed is Network speed randomly is reduced Solved: upload randomly reduced from Mb to Kb while download speed seems unaffected Abt to Mb First eliminated the router modem and cables as suspects working with ISP tech support CAT cabling to router and cable modem Then I discovered that another machine on the network did not Solved: Network upload speed is randomly reduced have this problem I then discovered that disabling the network and re-enabling the network cured the problem temporarily Downloaded and installed latest NIC driver from MB web site No solution Downloaded and installed latest NIC driver from Realtek web site No solution Updated MB BIOS No solution MB Asus M A EVO CPU AMD FX- OS MS Windows Professional -bit SP Latest updates RAM GB Dual-Channel DDR MHz - - - NIC on MB Realtek PCIe GBE Disabled TCP IPV No solution I suspect it is one of the quot Advanced quot settings for the Realtek PCIe GBE but Solved: Network upload speed is randomly reduced I don t know what they do Anytime I disable and re-enable the network adapter my upload speed returns to normal I haven t been able to isolate a particular action that causes the slow-down The attached pics show speed test before and after disable - re-enable network adapter Same server Any Ideas nbsp

Relevancy 47.3%

Hi I have a weird issue that I hope someone can help with I have a Business Network connected to XLN Telecom FTTC Fibre going through the BT Super Slow Upload Speeds - on Internet XP Mainly HELP Openreach Modem and a Netgear WNDR Router The Router then HELP Super Slow Internet Upload Speeds - Mainly on XP connects HELP Super Slow Internet Upload Speeds - Mainly on XP to a Netgear ProSafe Switch I have about XP Desktops and Notebooks on my network business so need XP really Recently the Microsoft Security Essentials program started crashing the PCs and hanging on the welcome screen so I just removed it and all was well A HELP Super Slow Internet Upload Speeds - Mainly on XP few days later ALL the XP PCs have experienced seriously slow UPLOAD Speeds when doign a Speed Test The Fibre but it has always been slow around mbps download and - mpbs upload On the XP machines I am getting mbps download but only mbps upload with a ping of about ms Gmail and most websites work okay but secure websites such as eBay and my website CP go really slow or time out Some websites are also very slow but if you us IE InPrivate or Chrome Incognito they seem to work much faster I thought it was the line so changed router factory reset modem bypassed all the network connecting a PC directly to the modem and router had the ISP do line checks BTOpenreach have been and tested the line and equipment they said everything seemed fine but changed the Filter in the socket and the Modem to the latest design I have also tried a few virus and malware tools to make sure it is not a virus which would be strange on ALL the PCs at the same time anyway of the guys who work for me have their own PCs freelance so I did the same test on theirs Macbook Pro and Win PC mbps download mbps upload and ms ping The Mac seems to run fine in normal use but the Win PC has a lot of issues logging into Secure Sites On the XP Machines I get the same results in Chrome IE and FireFox On one machine with IE InPrivate it gave the same Speed Test results as the Mac Win once but now it won t replicate it Safe Mode speeds are exactly the same On my android phone tried to log in to eBay Connected to WiFi it took ages with some timeouts Connected the EE G it was instant So I did another test On this XP laptop I am writing on I did a speedtest using various setups Connected to WiFi - Download Upload ms Ping Connected via LAN - Download Upload ms Ping Connected via LAN - Download Upload ms Ping EE G WiFi Hotspot - Download Upload ms Ping LAN is through my Netgear Router and BT Fibre Modem LAN is connected directly to the BT Fibre Modem with my XLN my ISP Router This was using pre made RJ Cables As a further test I found a USB WiFi Dongle so installed that on my main desktop Connected to LAN I get the same terrible Upload Connect it to the WiFi hotspot my Android G Phone and its back to normal all websites work as they should Since I did all the testing XLN have took the testing Cap off my line and I now get mb Download but still the same upload Does anyone have any ideas It has been like this for almost weeks now Thanks Scott nbsp

Relevancy 47.3%

I am a new DropBox user. I find the upload speed to be quite slow - am getting about 15kB/sec even though I set DropBox preferences for unlimited download and unlimited upload speed. The speed test at DSLReports.com measured my download speed at 580kb/sec and my upload speed at 139kb/sec. Why is DropBox so slow? Is there anything I can do to improve the upload speed? Or is this just a misunderstanding on my part?

Thank you.

A:DropBox upload speed is slow - Any way to improve?

Oops  -  forgot to include my platform in my post.

Windows 7 Home Edition, using Windows Firewall & Avira anti-virus

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/488161/dropbox-upload-speed-is-slow-any-way-to-improve/
Relevancy 47.3%

Got 50/10 internet today but when I run speedtest with my desktop PC results are following:

I only get about 0.6 Mbps upload with this device but with my laptop (connected it to same cable than my PC) and with my phone (wifi) I get stable 10 Mbps.

I'm using Windows firewall and Microsoft Security Essentials (same with my laptop). Also tried closing firewall but that didn't make any difference.

A:Slow upload speed with 1 PC, others work fine

Well I got it sorted out, it seems that Net Limiter 3 does limit speeds even while it is not running :P

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/250694-slow-upload-speed-1-pc-others-work-fine.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hey, I'm having really slow speeds surfing the internet, watching videos on sites like youtube, and downloading files. So i went to Speedtest.net and found that my download speeds are only 500 kbps!! my upload is fine, around 6 mbps. I dunno what the issue could be! I am wirelessly connected to the router, but the signal strength is fine.

A:Slow Download Speeds, Upload fine

Please attach a screen shot of the Networks page of the Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector and show ...

Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:
(For Vista or 7 type CMD in the Search box after Start)

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-download-speeds-upload-fine.1034601/
Relevancy 47.3%

PC running EXTREMELY slow internet is slow win Slow, won't Very Error upload attach.zip Messages, explorer is very slow saving files often leads to freezing getting Very Slow, Error Messages, won't upload attach.zip a few quot unhandled quot error messages Desktop re-arranges icons by itself I ran several cleaning utilities and spyware programs It seemed to get a little better but not good by any means Could not upload Attach zip I tried multiple times and it repeatedly said upload failed Should I copy and paste DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Dante at on Sat Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT - AV AVG On-access scanning enabled Updated FW COMODO Firewall enabled Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exe C WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exe C WINDOWS Logi MwX Exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgemc exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger MsnMsgr Exe C Program Files COMODO Firewall cmdagent exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HTTPFilter C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe C Program Files sony usbsircs usbsircs exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k imgsvc C Documents and Settings Dante Desktop dds com Pseudo HJT Report mStart Page about blank BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dll BHO CB A - A - B -ABE -B C EC F - No File BHO SSVHelper Class bb-d f - c-b eb-d daf d d - c program files java jre bin ssv dll BHO E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - No File BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper d - c - abf- ecc- c - c program files common files microsoft shared windows live WindowsLiveLogin dll BHO Google Toolbar Helper aa ed - dd- d - -cf f - c program files google googletoolbar dll BHO Windows Live Toolbar Helper bdbd dad-c - a -adc - b b ff d - c program files windows live toolbar msntb dll BHO NoExplorer - No File TB amp Google c b - - d - b - a cd f - c program files google googletoolbar dll TB Windows Live Toolbar bdad dad-c - a -adc - b b ff d - c program files windows live toolbar msntb dll EB - a - b-a - c a a - No File uRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exe uRun MsnMsgr quot c program files windows live messenger MsnMsgr Exe quot background uRun SpybotSD TeaTimer c program files spybot - search amp destroy TeaTimer exe mRun AGRSMMSG AGRSMMSG exe mRun Logitech Utility Logi MwX Exe mRun Logitech Hardware Abstraction Layer KHALMNPR EXE mRun SunJavaUpdateSched quot c program files java jre bin jusched exe quot mRun AVG CC c progra grisoft avg avgcc exe STARTUP mRun COMODO Firewall Pro quot c program files comodo firewall cfp exe quot -h mRun COMODO Internet Security quot c program files comodo firewall cfp exe quot -h mRun QuickTime Task quot c program files quicktime QTTask exe quot -atboottime mRun iTunesHelper quot c program files itunes iTunesHelper exe quot dRun DWQueuedReporting quot c progra common micros dw dwtrig exe quot -t dRun AVG Run c progra grisoft avg avgw exe RUNONCE StartupFolder c docume alluse startm programs startup adober lnk - c program files adobe acrobat reader reader sl exe StartupFolder c docume alluse startm programs startup logite lnk - c program files logitech desktop messenger program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe StartupFolder c docume alluse startm programs startup remoco lnk - c program files sony usbsircs usbsircs exe IE E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - c progra micros office EXCEL EXE IE e e dd -d - - b -f ba - windir Network Diagn... Read more

A:Very Slow, Error Messages, won't upload attach.zip

Hello DanteA,

Quote:

I ran several cleaning utilities and spyware programs.

Did they find anything? What did they remove?

If you still require assistance, let's see if an online scan picks up on anything.

It can take some time, so please be patient and allow it to run it's full course:

Using Internet Explorer or Firefox, visit http://www.kaspersky.com/kos/eng/par...avwebscan.html

1. Click Accept, when prompted to download and install the program files and database of malware definitions.

2. To optimize scanning time and produce a more sensible report for review:Close any open programs
Turn off the real time scanner of any existing antivirus program while performing the online scan

3. Click Run at the Security prompt. The program will then begin downloading and installing and will also update the database. Please be patient as this can take several minutes.Once the update is complete, click on My Computer under the green Scan bar to the left to start the scan.
Once the scan is complete, it will display if your system has been infected. It does not provide an option to clean/disinfect. We only require a report from it.
Do NOT be alarmed by what you see in the report. Many of the finds have likely been quarantined.
Click View scan report at the bottom.

Click the Save as Text button to save the file to your desktop so that you may post it in your next reply

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/very-slow-error-messages-wont-upload-attach-zip-333823.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I have just installed Windows Home Server on one of my PC's and everything is fine apart from the Internet.
I get download speeds at around 7.0KB/s
I can connect the cable into my laptop and it get my full 100meg Internet speed.

I have updated my drivers to the latest ones and that hasn't helped.

I can however remote desktop into it without issue and stream media files off it without a problem.

I'm at a complete loss, and its probably something simple i have overlooked but i'm stuck!
Any help appreciated

(Just to add, i previously had Win 7 installed on the PC and that worked fine)

A:WHS Slow download fine upload speeds

Which version, v1 or 2011?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/224489-whs-slow-download-fine-upload-speeds.html
Relevancy 47.3%

So then, I upgraded my internet plan to a 50M plan (at long last ><). I have a Dell xps 15z (Centrino N-6230 and Atheros AR8151 Gigabit switch). When i'm close to the router I get 50M download, 28M upload but when I'm further away my speeds drastically decrease to 11M whilst my upload remains at 28M, weird.

But that isn't the big problem. On LAN, my internet speeds are horribly wrong. I get a 28M upload which is good, but my download dips to 8M, max getting up to 12M. But if I use the same LAN cable on another computer, it gets a steady 50M down, 28M upload. It's been bothering me.

What could the cause be? >< I'm desperately trying to fix this! Could anyone help? Help would be amazingly appreciated!

A:Fast upload, super slow download?

1. Hmm... being close to the router gives you 50Mbps. (I'm guessing Wi-Fi?)
2. Connecting to LAN speeds are wrong (I'm guessing your connected to the router using the ethernet port?)
3. Other computer (Is that computer using the same router?)

I kind of want to say that your router is the problem. But also it could be that your computer is somehow lowering your internet speed. Any difference now?

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/16723-fast-upload-super-slow-download.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I have done multiple speedtest from www.speedtest.net over the past 3 days and when I am directly connected to my modem, my download speed is roughly 35 MBPS however, when I am on wifi (literally 5 feet from the router) my download speed is roughly 20 MBPS. I have the Belkin F5D8236-4 router found here http://www.engadget.com/products/belkin/f5d8236-4/.

Is this slowdown of speed due to my router/interference or what?

Relevancy 47.3%

Ok so i usually know what im doing and am trying to fix my housemates machine but im absolutely stumped now He runs a couple of simple websites and can no longer upload Not Browsing, Upload, Sending. Emails Slow Cannot via Cannot Upload, Slow Browsing, Emails Not Sending. any of the main ftp clients regardless of file type or size Files start to upload then freeze and timeout His previously functional outlook accounts cannot send any email with or without an attachment Again they freeze before timing out He can recieve all emails no problem He cannot upload files to hotmail just one example or any similar online system There seems to be no way to transfer files off the machine onto the interweb His webcam disconnects constantly when used with windows messenger Browsing is slow with a error timeout rate in both IE and Firefox Connection seems fine streaming video tested on youtube and other downloads are fast He can play online games with no lag or connection problems He can connect and stay connected to windows messenger I ran AdAware and removed a couple of bits of spyware and did a Norton virus scan that came up clean The machine XP SP is wired to a router that has its firewall turned off and doesnt seem to be restricting traffic at all Windows firewall is turned off service is running Norton Internet security is installed and up to date with firewall set to medium security and all safe programs allowed He has plenty of RAM and drive space Nothing seems to have been changed around the time the problems started I connect wirelessly to the same network and have no issues Please help Edit I just ran a check with the firewall turned off on all the main ports using http www canyouseeme org and nearly all of them returned an error saying they connection timed out does that mean anything

A:Cannot Upload, Slow Browsing, Emails Not Sending.

Hello Nomad100,A Connection Timed Out message is usually a DNS problem and I'd recommend a call to your ISP.But since another computer can connect without any problem, lets try some basic troubleshooting.You may want to download and scan with SUPERAntiSpyware Free, to be sure there isn't any more malware or viruses on your OS. Then clear old files and settings that may be preventing you from connecting to the Internet.Click Tools.Select Internet Options.Click the General tab.Click the Delete Files button.When the box opens, put a check in Delete All Offline Content.Click Okay.Click Delete Cookies. When you are prompted to confirm this selection, click Okay.Click Settings.Click View Objects.Click View, and then click Details.If Damaged appears in the Status column for any program file, remove that program file.Close the Downloaded Program Files dialog box.In the Settings dialog box, click OK .Under History, click Clear History, and then click Yes when you are prompted to confirm the selection.In the Internet Options dialog box, click OK.Try to browse the Internet or upload files.If no joy, go to the Control Panel then Network Connections.Click once on your active Connection.From the menu on the left, select Repair This Connection.Try to connect to a site.Is there any Proxy set or used?Check to see if set to automatic:In Firefox,Go Tools/ Options/ Advanced/ click on the Network Tab, then click Settings.Select the radio button that says Auto Detect Proxy Settings for all this Network.Click OkayIn Internet Explorer,Go to Tools/ Internet Options/ click on the Connections tab, then click on LAN Settings.Select Automatically Detect Settings.Click Okay twice.If still no joy:Click Start / Run / type in; cmd/ and at the black command screen type in; ipconfig /flushdnsand/or try:Start / Run / type in; regsvr32 urlmon.dllClick Okay.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/144212/cannot-upload-slow-browsing-emails-not-sending/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello I m kind of new to internet Slow VERY Speeds Verizon Fios Upload forums in general and I honestly don t know where else to turn I d Verizon Fios VERY Slow Upload Speeds talked on the phone and online with Verizon support and even had someone come out They have been unable to help me I have the Verizon Fios Verizon Fios VERY Slow Upload Speeds down upload package I get around down up in actuality When I had the tech guy over he reset my router to default and even replaced my Verizon Fios VERY Slow Upload Speeds ONT When he tried it out I got around which honestly was good enough for me and let him go Not ten minutes later the speeds went back to or even worse I m at a loss for what to do This happens on multiple computers as well not just one Analysis information Checking for Middleboxes Done SendBufferSize set to running s outbound test client to server Mb s running s inbound test server to client Mb s Packet size is preserved End-to-End Server IP addresses are preserved End-to-End Information Network Address Translation NAT box is modifying the Client s IP address Server says my ip address but Client says If you need any other info please let me know I have no idea what else I can do nbsp

Relevancy 46.87%

I've been receiving lag on games like Halo and Left 4 Dead, So I decided to check it out.

I took the speakeasy speed test and got the following...

4203 KBPS Download
184 KBPS Upload

My Download speed is about right where it should be, but my upload speed is significantly lower... Any Suggestions?

A:Solved: Fast Download, Slow Upload Speeds?

Well, the upload speed is always slower for most ISP's, what level of service do you have?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-fast-download-slow-upload-speeds.864811/
Relevancy 46.87%

Upload speed is dirt slow on just about every site I have tried to upload to slow to really use have Slow Dirt Speed Most On Idea Why No I Upload Sites Is it I have Upload Speed Is Dirt Slow On Most Sites I have No Idea Why done a speed test test shows the upload speed to be just fine I have done a test video showing how slow I am getting on file host iframe Zippyshare I should be Upload Speed Is Dirt Slow On Most Sites I have No Idea Why getting a min of k upload speed and I am not Only sites I have found that I get close to normal upload speed are adult tube sites Even Youtube I am only getting kbs and Mega co nz I am only getting k I had a tech come out a few days ago and check my modem router combo and the lines everything seemed fine only thing the tech replaced was the line from the modem to the wall Replacing the line did not fix anything I have tested the upload with the same few sites on differnet computers and both are dirt slow I have no idea why my upload speed is slow on about of the sites I have test now I am getting like kbps max my max upload speed should be mbs Anybody have any idea what could be causing slow upload speed for me Edit Topic moved from General Chat to the more appropriate forum Animal

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/565692/upload-speed-is-dirt-slow-on-most-sites-i-have-no-idea-why/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hello, my problem has just started yesterday, browsing web pages is taking a long time and uploading files to my website with FTP is about impossible. I ran a speedtest and my download is around 15 mbps while my upload test doesn't even start lol.

This problem just came about randomly yesterday with no changes to my computer or network at all. What can be the problem?

On comcast using a WRT54GS router

Thanks

A:Fast Download, Super slow upload? comcast

Register at DSLReports and run their Line Quality Tests. It's best to run this test with a direct wired connection to eliminate any wireless issues from the results. It's useful many times to run this test several times, and we'd like to see each of the results. Post the results link from the top of the test display page for each test run here.

The link to post is near the top of the page and looks like:

If you wish to post this result to a forum, please copy/paste this URL
http://www.dslreports.com/linequality/nil/2357195 <- sample only, yours will obviously be different!
and your IP will be disguised.

Copy/paste that link here.

Note: You will have to enable PING (ICMP) request response either in your router (if you have one), or in your computer's firewall for direct modem connections. This is very important to get the most important part of the test to run.
DSLReports

Here's also the Line Quality Tests FAQ to help you understand the results. This will answer some questions about the line quality display.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/fast-download-super-slow-upload-comcast.841541/
Relevancy 46.87%

In the past, I do have upload speeds of 400 kB/s to 1.0 mB/s for popular torrents.
But now, my upload speeds is either nil or just a few kB/s.
I checked the peers I have for the torrents, most of my torrents have an oddly low number of peers now, either 0 or just 2-3. Is this weird ? Even for the popular torrents such as Ubuntu, I only have 1 active peer, which is part of the reason why my upload speed is so slow ?

Any help is appreciated.

A:[uTorrent] Slow upload speed and low number of peers.

Hi there

As I'm sure you know the download speed is affected by the number of people seeding that particular torrent at that particular time, however I would imagine that as long as you have completely downloaded that torrent, then your upload speeds should be independent and not related to the amount of people seeding/downloading that torrent.

This may be a stupid question, but is it safe to presume that you haven't changed any settings (utorrent or otherwise) between now and when your speeds were 1.0 mb/s?

One other possibility would be that your ISP has decided to limit the upload (and maybe the download) speed of P2P connections?? - just thinking of all the possibilities here

BTW +1000 for seeding :thumbs up:

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/302626-utorrent-slow-upload-speed-low-number-peers.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hello All- I ve tried researching Solved: Fast Slow Wireless Download But Upload? this on the web but can t seem to find anything that matches my situation I recently switched from DSL to Cable internet service I have a desktop and a laptop in the house The desktop is connected directly to the router and is working very well - much faster than the DSL in both download and upload speed The laptop is wireless and is now MUCH slower than the previous DSL connection The funny thing is the upload speeds on the laptop are consistently just as fast as the desktop Here are my results from speedtest net Desktop Connected Directly Through Router Donwload kb s Upload kb s Laptop Wireless Download kb s Upload kb s Why would my wireless Upload speed be x FASTER than my Download speed I was getting about x faster with DSL If it helps diagnose the laptop is using Windows Vista with a Dell Draft n built-in wireless card The router is a Linksys WRT Solved: Slow Wireless Download But Fast Upload? N I ve seen a wireless connection speed ranging anywhere from to I ve also considered that I have a GHZ cordless phone in the house which could cause some interference I ve disconnected and unplugged that phone and replaced it with a corded phone and that didn t make any difference My signal strength is excellent on the laptop even when I m on the main floor of the house the router is upstairs Do I need to adjust my router settings somehow I have a WPA security with what I think is a good passkey What other information can I provide for further assistance nbsp

Relevancy 46.87%

Hello,

Both my laptop and my desktop are connected wirelessly and my cable speed is supposedly 10mb dl / 1mb ul

However, my laptop is getting approx. 8mb dl / 1 mb ul while my desktop is getting 10 mb dl / 0.2 mb ul

This makes my desktop virtually unplayable for games (i.e. Diablo 3) and results in many deaths for my DH.

Please help,

Hank

A:[SOLVED] Slow Upload on my desktop, all other PCs work fine

Download and upload speeds depends on many factors. Bandwidth. Some ISP allocated bandwidth to Business subscribers during business hours to maximize their usage. Residential subscribers get the low end of the bandwidth. If you have DSL the quality of your phone line if it is creating noise factors in it too. Your computer performance plays a good part how much RAM you have installed, the speed of your wifi adapter, updated drivers, also the speed of your computer CPU, RAM, GPU during gaming mostly effect FPS rates.
What is the make and model of your machine. How much RAM do you have installed. If your pc is custom built what is the brand, and model of your mobo? (Motherboard)

For gaming (Online) I would recommend going wired. Also look into your Router to see if you have anyone outside of your house leeching your internet if your wifi via your router is not encrypted.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-slow-upload-on-my-desktop-all-other-pcs-work-fine-655467.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I have a LAN between my house and my neighboor's; we're using patch uni-directional antennas to send the signal, with switches on each side hooked up to other computers. When we first set it all up, the data transfer speeds were great, so we hard-mounted the equipment.

However, as of late, the quality of the connection has deteriorated substantially on my download speed. My download speed is horrendous. For some reason, the upload speed remains the same.

Does anyone know what would cause this discrepancy? I can provide more information if necessary, but let me know what details would be useful.

A:Fast upload, slow download on wireless bridge?

Wireless Networking

thenextvinnie said:

I have a LAN between my house and my neighboor's; we're using patch uni-directional antennas to send the signal, with switches on each side hooked up to other computers. When we first set it all up, the data transfer speeds were great, so we hard-mounted the equipment.

However, as of late, the quality of the connection has deteriorated substantially on my download speed. My download speed is horrendous. For some reason, the upload speed remains the same.

Does anyone know what would cause this discrepancy? I can provide more information if necessary, but let me know what details would be useful.Click to expand...

Brave techs...

What are you using for WLAN and WWAN?
802.11b
802.11g
802.11n

Download TCP Optimizer and Advanced Windows Care both are freeware.

1. Run Advanced Windows Care on all PCs
2. Run TCP Optimizer to tweak your network even more.

There is a neat program it's not freeware but you can try it for 30 days.
www.passmark.com Wireless Mon let you see how your network in the wireless world is doing. Lot of good info and a nice animated radar scope for wireless connection and more technical stuff in a sniffer type tool.

3. Run Wireless Mon on all wireless PCs

There is a lot of tweaking you two brave techs can try out. You might have to place a wireless third bridge repeater somethere so you can make sure your connection between the two are at Excellent Strength, not Very Good. Make sure you use Windows XP Wireless Connection than your third party ulitity. To me this provides better integration when wireless is concern.

If you're using a wireless access point devices on a wired network you can get better performance and setting the wired PC connected from 4K (default for all versions of Windows OS NT - 2003 Server to 64K buffers to TX/RX. Use the Advanced Windows Care but make sure you don't use 2.x Beta.

Download speed can be increased by setting the Max connection from 6 to 60 but I would only do that on 1 PC that you use for downloading. More than one PC you can set it to 40 to 50.

If you really want to get more speed you could build your own LINUX router which is easy to do. What this would really increase downloading speed, but again really one PC would get a boost. IPCOP is Router Server OS. Use that on an old PC you're not using. Need two PCI NICs to get that to work right. 3Com or Realik (Dlink)

When I move 300MB file from one PC to another say from first floor to the second floor it only takes 30secs or less. 1GB file take 50 secs to 1min to transfer. I make images of all my PCs HD so in case some goes wrong that process takes only 6 mins for 7GB to transfer the HDD over the network and create a image PC1.TIB. Still not bad. There are numerious of network tweaks that can speed up both the Up/dwl speeds.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fast-upload-slow-download-on-wireless-bridge.54270/