Windows Support Forum

BIG NEWS: Asus switches to ATI!!!

Q: BIG NEWS: Asus switches to ATI!!!

As of the first of Oct. Asus dropped Nvidia and is going with ATI. The various benches around the Internet sites show the new 9600XT to be (maybe) a little better than the 9600 Pro but the Pro is a better buy. The 9500 Pro is still a better card than either one but not as cheap as the 9600XT($199). Asus link:

http://www.digit-life.com/articles2/radeon/asus-ati.html

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: BIG NEWS: Asus switches to ATI!!!

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 60.63%

Asus has created a new Graphics Card called Mars, which is 2x GTX 285 but with 4 GB's in 1024 BITs. It has a few overclocks, some cooling adjustments and it costs around 800 Dolars, but only 1000 units will be made.

Read more: MARS_EDM_0821-3

Relevancy 59.77%

I am looking for answers as to how to fix the problem with Newer Asus Motherboards and KVM switches many of them that use emulation and hot keys do not seem to work with newer asus motherboards I have heard it could be chipset Newer Motherboards KVM switches and Asus incompatibility issues which I think is bullocks There is not the proper amount of voltage KVM switches and Newer Asus Motherboards going to PS pin mini din or usb connection to power the device I think this is bollocks as well get out your multimeter ASUS told me that it is an intermittent problem that KVM switches and Newer Asus Motherboards could be fixed with a bios update but he can only send a suggestion to the engineers and hope they fix it Now I think we found the culprit dont you love engineers The problem is the engineers at ASUS are too lazy to fix it I say we should all boycott ASUS motherboards because of this if they continue down the path of screw the KVM switches and Newer Asus Motherboards customer and there need for updates I know I wont be buying anymore ASUS motherboards Anyone with enough brains and skill on this forum to fix an issue by patching the bios so that the keyboard and mouse will play nice on many KVM switches with newer motherboards from ASUS Cause what ever they did with there newer motherboards it was a very poor path to take You may not understand my post but just wait untill you have multiple computers and you want to consolidate to one Monitor Keyboard and Mouse Anyhow help please Trendnet TK- K and P LD Deluxe Asus motherboard seems it dont play nice with IO gear and all others that use emulation or electronic rather then physical switching ASUS stinks lately sorry for all the ASUS groupies out there if I have hurt your feelings just my lowly opinon so what does it matter anyhow nbsp

A:KVM switches and Newer Asus Motherboards

I seriously doubt you'll find anyone to "patch" the BIOS without the source code. I gather you don't have any programming background, or you'd know how difficult this would be without the source or any documentation.

I suspect the small demand for KVM capability puts your request pretty far down their priority list. I know that's not an answer you want to hear, but I suspect that's the situation. As far as the engineers being "to lazy to fix it", I say that's pure bollocks, to borrow one of your pet words. Just as in any other job, they have their priorities, and I suspect there are a lot of more pressing issues they're addressing.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/kvm-switches-and-newer-asus-motherboards.652810/
Relevancy 59.77%

Windows Professional x Asus Sonar DX Gigabyte X A-UD Corsair HX Series W Modular Power Supply Intel DX Asus Xonar Switches OFF Randomly Core i Ghz MSI GTX Cyclone Overclocked Edition GB SLI G Skill Ripjaw GB x GB DDR MHz - - - The card is inserted in the second PCI Express x slot The absolutely annoying problem is that the card stops working randomly The usual relay switch sound can be heard the click and then only a restart can turn it on Quote The clicks are not directly related to the power supply they come from the Asus Xonar DX Switches OFF Randomly relays that are used to disconnect the card from its outputs jacks to prevent pops in the speakers when powering on the computer There are also relays for switching to the front panel and for switching between the line-in and mic-in functions but they sound of those is probably masked by your mouse's clicking I tested the card on another machine where it was working just fine but when I moved it back to my machine seconds after I played online radio it switched off The computer is not even under heavy load so it doesn't matter if I play heavy games or just browse the internet The floppy cable is properly connected and the power supply is more than powerful to feed it The weirdest part is that this same card worked just fine for like a full year and during that time no hardware changes have been made It just started switching off like weeks ago for no apparent reason Does everything look fine here - Ubuntu Pastebin Could it be an IRQ problem conflict I'm helpless Any ideas what to test do in order to establish what the problem is

A:Asus Xonar DX Switches OFF Randomly

Do a search for this card. I see many posts with the same or similar problems.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/221795-asus-xonar-dx-switches-off-randomly.html
Relevancy 59.77%

A little a while ago I made a post here about my new PC which is the new Haswell platform and WiFi news leak from ASUS AC that among other things I bought ASUS PCI-AC WiFi AC news leak from ASUS WiFi ac card which was supposed to be a kick-a at Mbit s data rate That product turned out to be simply non-functional on any Haswell chipset and ASUS is rushing out an update on which there is no information on the internet yet so I wanted to post it here which came from an ASUS engineer According to that engineer ASUS is about to release PCI-AC WiFi ac card which will offer at least two things Rectify all issues for Haswell products Unconfirmed but looks WiFi AC news leak from ASUS like it will bump the speed to Mbit s in line with the other AC product they just released - RT AC- U I was advised to wait for about one month till it appears on amazon com and then ask for exchange to my AC that s currently sitting idle EDITED For any admin who reads it feel free to move this post over to the Networking section nbsp

A:WiFi AC news leak from ASUS

Why does it not work with Haswell? That is quite odd.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wifi-ac-news-leak-from-asus.194665/
Relevancy 59.34%

HI OS Version Microsoft R Windows R XP Professional x Edition Service Pack bit Processor AMD Phenom tm Quad-Core Processor AMD Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM off a while Sound Trouble motherboard after switches Asus Mb Graphics Card ATI Radeon HD Graphics Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB E Total - MB F Total - MB G Total - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer INC M A -EM Rev X x MS C CBJAU My pc has audio output panels one in the front and other in the back recently the back one stopped functioning but the front audio panel after i play anything after soem secs the audio Asus motherboard Sound switches off after a while Trouble goes off then its static for a while before it goes completely off i have to restart but then again the audio is the same secs of whatever im playing then it goes off i had reinstalled windows i had windows xp oses running on diff harddisks the second one i reformatted so that now its only one I downloaded the correct realtek drivers re-installed it on system the HD audio shows all proper but the sound same again Sumone help me pls is a prob with my hardware with my cabinet or my motherboard or with my os but then another insteresting thing th efirst few days the audio lasted some - mins when ever a blast or loud noise comes the audio goes off HELP nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-motherboard-sound-switches-off-after-a-while-trouble.967960/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi,
Today when I switched on my computer it began to start up (barely staying on for five seconds) before switching off and repeating the whole process. It does stay on long enough for me to push either esc or f10 and go into computer set up. However i am not too sure what to configure and how and as soon as i exit out of it, my laptop starts the whole on/off process again.

I am not too sure about the specs of my laptop, only that it is an Hp and has windows xp.
Please, what can i do? I would be forever grateful if someone knows how I can fix this..

A:Laptop switches on, begins to start up, switches off then repeats process

If you can post the model of the HP laptop, we can learn more for you.
You should find the model information on a sticker on the bottom of the machine.

It sounds like ESC or f10 will take you to the BIOS configuration utility.
Have you tried f8? You may need to press repeatedly, or press and hold.
This will take you to the option to boot to Safe Mode.
If this is successful, let us know. If not, let us know.

Next... you obviously have internet access from another computer.
There are two utilities you should download and run.
These utilities will check for errors in 1) your memory and 2) your drive.
Since they run outside of windows, trying to run them will give us a good idea if it is a hardware issue, or if it is a problem with your OS. (the f8 question may leave this an open question, but this will help get a definite answer, in addition to trying to isolate hardware faults)

To Test Memory... Using Memtest Please follow this guide...

Please note that (unless you start getting errors reported) you will need to let this run a long time.
A good way of doing this is to let it run over night. In each 'pass" there are a series of eight memory tests that are run, each more complicated than the previous. We used to advise letting it run a minimum of 7 passes, unless you start getting errors. We now advise at least 10 full passes. If you have errors reported, you may want to re-run the test with only one stick of ram installed, checked each stick until you isolate those that are faulty. That way you can limit your replacement to those that actually need it.

Also, I would like for you to run some hard-drive diagnostics, but I need to know more in order to point you to the right tools to download.
I may or may not be able to find out your drive maker from the model information you supply about your laptop.
Sometimes that information may be found in your Bios (bios sometimes detects it).
I will tell you how to determine your drive maker this way, after you tell me more about your laptop.

If I / we cannot determine the drive maker another way, we may need to have you open your drive bay cover.
Is the machine out of warranty? If not, for you to do this next step would void your warranty.
Are you comfortable opening the machine?
Do you understand the hazards of static electricity and know how to avoid damaging your computer with static?
Depending on your answers, I may have additional steps for you before we have you download your drive diagnostics.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-switches-on-begins-to-start-up-switches-off-then-repeats-process.155178/
Relevancy 50.74%

hi,

Could anyone explain the difference between domain (controller)switches and full fabric switches? (or direct me to a page/site which would do the job)

Tks

A:domain switches vs full fabric switches

Depends on what context you're talking about. Your statement is a bit "Apples and Gorillas" The two really aren't related to each other.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/domain-switches-vs-full-fabric-switches.419145/
Relevancy 50.74%

In the News app, personalized news can be setup by entering a search string. These are created under Topics.

Does anyone know what filter to add to have the results restricted by date (as only items for the last week) or to change the results filter to "most recent" rather than "best match". These are capabilities of Bing when searching in News on the web. So I thought they could be achieved in the News App as well. Other filters (like domain: ) work when added to the search terms. I don't know whether there is similar filter term for restricting the date of items displayed.

Thanks.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/24724-news-app-setting-filters-personalized-news.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Lenovo Think Pad E420, when I get on the web using IE, an extra tab appears with a crawler "Lenovo Breaking News"
How do I get rid of this annoying nuisance? Help!! thanks in advance for any and all help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lenovo-news-crawler-breaking-news.1085019/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi ... last weekend I did a bunch of "stuff" to get rid of spyware and was very thankful for all the help ... but now ... I have no sound ... no cd music ... no computer sounds. I know it must be something simple. Can anyone help? Thanks ...
Ellen

Relevancy 36.98%

I had my Asus laptop for a while now then I restarted it but stay on the windows 10 but now it loads on ASUS IN SEARCH OF INCREDIBLE then turns black then shuts off then turns on and does the same thing until I turn it off but when I turn it back on it does the same thing somebody help me also my battery is built in so I can't take it out

http://www.tomsguide.com/answers/id-3134938/hard-asus-laptop-loading-asus-search-incredible-black-screen-shuts.html
Relevancy 36.55%

Tried to get HP support to give some similar board model from ASUS own models so I could get the correct Asus AI Suite to control fans read system info The similar Asus model they gave didn t even have the same chipset I m not sure if that truly matters as far as their AI Suite working correctly Just need a reliable program to adjust case fan speeds a bit / similar model HP with Asus reference Cross mobo Asus Simpler is better Does anyone know Cross reference HP / Asus mobo with similar Asus model how I can cross the HP Asus board w some similar model on Asus site to get the correct version of AI Suite If no to suggestions on reliable prgms that will allow controlling fan speeds Fairly sure this mobo has the ability to adjust fans st tried SpeedFan - no options to adjust any fans reports them but MSI Afterburner had no trouble adjusting GPU fan None of several socket boards I looked at on Asus site had G chipset The info HP has for this mobo Cross reference HP / Asus mobo with similar Asus model is Manufacturer s motherboard name Asus IPIBL-TX HP Compaq name Burbank-GL E Form Factor Micro-ATX cm inches x cm inches Cross reference HP / Asus mobo with similar Asus model Chipset Intel G Front-side bus speed MHz processor dependent Processor upgrade information Socket type Thanks nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cross-reference-hp-asus-mobo-with-similar-asus-model.167486/
Relevancy 36.55%

Hello I have in my possession an Asus X CA laptop which was running Windows before it failed to boot The machine cycled through the automatic repair failed and then using Unable recovery X550CA DVDs Asus restore Asus to did nothing The advanced bootup options were useless including chkdsk sfc and the usual suspects The recovery partition was apparently missing atleast I couldn't use it but doing a diskpart confirmed it was there so I suspect the upgrade broke the link to it I tried the quot refresh your PC quot Unable to restore Asus X550CA using Asus recovery DVDs option but this told me the drive was locked and disabling secure boot via the BIOS did nothing thought it would at first In addition the reset your PC option wanted recovery media which I didn't Unable to restore Asus X550CA using Asus recovery DVDs have at the time I ordered the official Asus recovery DVDs as the laptop did not have media created when it was new hit F and went to the quot reset your PC' option but it told me the recovery media wasn't valid Odd given it's official Asus media from Mentor Media for that specific machine From the legacy BIOS I booted from the DVD it loaded the Asus specific Windows recovery options from the disk and I get as far as quot Start rebuild Windows system process quot with quot processing quot underneath and the machine does no more I've also tried UEFI booting from the DVD drive and get the same as above Any suggestions welcome please Regards

A:Unable to restore Asus X550CA using Asus recovery DVDs

Is the ASUS recovery media Windows 8.0 or 8.1? It may be because the recovery disks are 8.0 and it's a conflict because your now running 8.1. The 8.0 to 8.1 upgrade does break the factory recover feature on some laptops. ASUS for sure I think. I have a K75DE, that shipped with Windows 8.0. I clean installed with Windows 8.1 from here, Create installation media for Windows 8.1 - Windows Help. It reads and uses my 8.0 OEM embedded code and activates online automatically. no muss no fuss. That tool will create a bootable USB thumb drive that will work with UEFI for you. If you need any more info just ask and i'll see if I can help. I don't know why your getting the "Start rebuild Windows system process" message and the lock up? It may be because the partition structure has changed on the Drive. I created a Recovery drive, then swapped in an SSD and it would not work on the SSD. It kept saying required partition missing. That's why I bailed and did a clean install. I was leaning in that direction anyway.

EDIT: If I don't get back to you tonight don't panic. I have company coming and may not get back online until tomorrow morning. Have to go now.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/68626-unable-restore-asus-x550ca-using-asus-recovery-dvds.html
Relevancy 36.55%

Asus has some way of starting their programs that I can't find. In particular, I want to disable their Wireless Console 3 (wcourier.exe). There are other programs but I can't remember what they are right now. I can only tell you that is does not show up in msconfig or HJT. Does anybody know where I can find these startup entries?

Thanks!

Mark

A:Asus Laptop can't find startup entries for Asus Programs

Try using Sysinternals Autoruns.
It lists a lot more than msconfig.

You can download the Sysinternals Suite, or just the Autoruns utility.

Windows Sysinternals: Documentation, downloads and additional resources

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/237581-asus-laptop-cant-find-startup-entries-asus-programs.html
Relevancy 36.55%

The other day, I tried to do a factory reset on my laptop, but it failed, and I could only click cancel. Now, when I booted up my computer, it goes to the ASUS logo, then a black screen, still backlit, with an underscore flashing in the upper left corner of the screen. I can access the BIOS, and have been trying to do boot overrides. Please help, I don't have the ASUS Recovery partition installed on the laptop, and I don't have any possible ways to install an ISO. Thank you for any help you can provide.

A:My ASUS G74SX doesn't boot past the ASUS logo!

Originally Posted by Isoldmyname

The other day, I tried to do a factory reset on my laptop, but it failed, and I could only click cancel. Now, when I booted up my computer, it goes to the ASUS logo, then a black screen, still backlit, with an underscore flashing in the upper left corner of the screen. I can access the BIOS, and have been trying to do boot overrides. Please help, I don't have the ASUS Recovery partition installed on the laptop, and I don't have any possible ways to install an ISO. Thank you for any help you can provide.

Hi.
Not sure I understand how you could perform a factory reset if you don't have the recovery partition available. You should have gotten an error that the ASUS Recovery Partition could not be found.

You would need to get to a working computer and download either the Media Creation Tool for W10, or the current ISO from MSTechBench. You can use RUFUS to create a bootable flash drive, and then install W10 that way.

You might also want to check the health of your hard drive, to make sure it's not failing.

Hope that helps!

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/40974-my-asus-g74sx-doesnt-boot-past-asus-logo.html
Relevancy 36.55%

CPU AMD Athlon X Motherboard ASUS A N -SLI DELUXE Memeory SAMSUNG PC GB GB x DDR GPU ASUS EN GS SILENT Silent ASUS A8NSLI-32 Trouble + ASUS Deluxe En7600GS PCI Express MB DDR PSU W SILENT KING- SUPER SILENT SWITCHING POWER SUPPLY HDD GB SATA II Status After installing Windows XP SP and the ASUS motherboard installation CD the system won t take the ASUS A8NSLI-32 Deluxe + ASUS En7600GS Silent Trouble drivers for the GPU System boots to the Windows XP loading screen and remains there The little green bar just keeps moving like it s loading Windows but it loops forever Again this started happening right after installing the nVidia drivers from the graphics card installation disc If I power down manually and then power back up again I can go into quot the last known good quot but every time I try to load drivers again the system starts doing this The latest drivers from nVidia cause ASUS A8NSLI-32 Deluxe + ASUS En7600GS Silent Trouble the same issue I m starting to think this is a driver conflict with the ASUS motherboard chipset or the motherboard RAID drivers Has ASUS A8NSLI-32 Deluxe + ASUS En7600GS Silent Trouble anyone else had a problem like this nbsp

A:ASUS A8NSLI-32 Deluxe + ASUS En7600GS Silent Trouble

Followup: I was able to fix it and thought I'd post this info since it might help others who might have the same problem. After reading through dozens of pages here and in the ASUS forums, I discovered that one of my default BIOS setting mysteriously ended up in a non-default state. For some reason, the RAID option for Silicon Image was set to RAID. That's fine for those how actually want to setup RAID but I didn't plan to use RAID at the time. After making the change to the BIOS, I had to install Windows XP again to get everything registered correctly. Once Windows was up and running, I avoided the motherboard chipset install CD all together by using only the newest versions of all the motherboard drivers directly from the ASUS website. Problem solved!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-a8nsli-32-deluxe-asus-en7600gs-silent-trouble.52321/
Relevancy 36.55%

HI all I am having problems detecting the Xonar Pheobus and have tried all and 5 Rampage Asus Phoebus Xonar issue Asus Extreme the pcie slots with no luck Red and the grey - even the shorter grey slot Have disabled the motherboard s HD onboard Asus Xonar Phoebus and Asus Rampage 5 Extreme issue sound too and still not detected in my devices The pcie cable is connected to the sound card and I have enough PSU to power all - Enermax W When the card is inserted to the grey slots - The red light Asus Xonar Phoebus and Asus Rampage 5 Extreme issue is seen through the control extension box Headphone Microphone Connector Asus Xonar Phoebus and Asus Rampage 5 Extreme issue box jack ports However the green light is NOT seen AND the Xonar Phoebus logo on the card itself is lit powered up However when I insert the card into the red pcie slots these lights are not on One this else I noticed is the card DOES go warm over some time so tells me it is not switched off I tried to install the driver and I get a message no card detected etc etc Is there anyone kind enough to advise me their BIOS settings etc who has managed to get the Xonar to work properly Did you have to adjust any BIOS settings from default to get the card to be recognised Printscreens would be cool if it is not too much of a bother Thank you in advance Kind regards Killershadow nbsp

A:Asus Xonar Phoebus and Asus Rampage 5 Extreme issue

The question(s) I have is ->
Am I missing anything when attempting to install the sound card? I have tried with no GPU drivers (including the Nvidia sound for the GTX 750 ti sc) / disabled onboard HD sound and still the sound card not detected.
Even in this motherboard, it should detect the sound card regardless of what sound source is set as default and then allow me to install it and set it as default (without messing about with the BIOS)?
Maybe my sound card has died when moving it from the last computer - Static death.....................
Thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-xonar-phoebus-and-asus-rampage-5-extreme-issue.208076/
Relevancy 36.55%

Greetings,

My almost 3 year old Asus X52 F3SV Notebook suddenly froze and shut itself down today. It will not boot past the 'Asus' logo screen. The furthest it got was 'loading windows', but quickly rebooted once that screen showed up.
It has been running quite hot lately, but i cleaned the fan out last weekend, and it had been running without problem since then.
I'm running Windows Vista Premium, with no other real problems until now, with up to date windows updates and regular Spybot and anti-virus scans.
There were random multicoloured lines running through the Asus screen on the first reboot after freezing. Could it be my graphics card? (Nvidia 8600m). I did not hear any crackling/popping sounds, so I really hope it's not dead yet.
I've looked around these forums, but couldn't find a similar problem/solution.

Thank you.

A:Asus x52 F3SV notebook not booting past Asus screen

Try running Bios defaults

This settings area can be called:
Bios Setup
CMOS Settings
System Setup
even just Setup
You can enter it by pressing the keyboard key that is displayed on your screen when first turning on your computer
Its sometimes:
A Fn Button like F1, or F2, or F10 or some other Fn key
DEL key
(whatever the computer states on screen when you first turn on your computer)
Once in Bios Setup, locate Setup Defaults (sometimes called Optimized Defaults)
Apply it, then Save and Exit Bios Settings (which is usually F10, but it will tell you in the Bios Settings screen)

If that doesn't help try reming and re-seating your Ram cards (even your hard drive)
You can download your Manual to find the locations of these components, but they are usually located under the laptop, under the covers

If it is your Video card (onboard) then that was be a big concern
You may need to locate the disassemble guide online, then blow out all internal dust

It may also require a CheckDisk scan
You can read HERE on how to do that outside Windows

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-x52-f3sv-notebook-not-booting-past-asus-screen.138116/
Relevancy 36.55%

Hello, I am new here but am hoping I can get some help.

When I play a certain game (have done virus / spyware scan and pc is clean, game is system resource intenesive though.)at random times the PC will just switch off. (power light blinking on and off)

I have to unplug it from the mains for about 5 seconds to stop the light.
But if I just switch it back on, it starts to power up then after 2 seconds switches straight back off again.

To get it to come back on completely I have to unplug the power from one of my Harddrives.

Same happens if I just switch the pc off, I have to unplug one of the harddrives to be able to switch it back on.

Now is this the HD failing, or is it fault with the PSU?

Any help is much appreciated

Thanks
James

A:Pc Switches Off

You said you have to disconnect a HDD to get it to work. and that this only happens when you play a certain game. First off. check your PSU stats against your video Card. how much you vid card requires and how much your PSU puts out. not just wattage but Volts per rail.

| Output | +3.3V | +5V | +12V1 | +12V2 | + 12V3 | +12V4 | -5V | -12V |5Vsb
750W 24A 30A 18A 18A 18A 18A/22A - 0.5A 3.0A

This is what mine looks like you should have something similar to it on your PSU or the Box your bought it in( if its not OEM or you still have the Box); Also you should be able to get this info from your PSU manufacturer. this info is very important, your video card needs so many amps on a rail, if it shares a rail then it will power done, but usually you will get a notice before it shuts it down letting you know there isnt enough power for the vid card. So I dont think its that but as it happens in Game make sure you Vid card is on its own Rail. I have 4 12V rails and I highlighted Rail 2 in Green.

Second thing you can check is how many HDD's you have on a rail. check the net for limitation but usually its hard to overload a rail with HDD's alone on the provided Molex connections. usually 3 per rail. Faster drives, Raptors, use more power so be aware of these too.

Third it may be an all around psu failure. check the power requirements you need Here
This will give you an idea of what you need under load.

Forth Check your CPU and PSU for Dust, possible overheating shutdown safety mechanism. If its caked with dust get a can of Air or compressor and blow it out. And make sure not to spin the fans as the bearings could be blown to death.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-switches-off.79439/
Relevancy 36.55%

My Home PC switches off, then on again, sometimes. This can be bad for my PC, I am aware. Before I go to a professional, please tell me what can be the cause(s)?

A:My PC switches off, then on again.

hello

have you scanned your computer lately??
what anti virus,spyware,malware do you use??

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/263953-my-pc-switches-off-then-again.html
Relevancy 36.55%

I have a probook 4540s that came with a 65w adapter. Problem is it sometimes switches off by itself when the charger is connected. When charger is unplugged, its fine. I have tried with a 90W adapter but same problem. What might be the issue and the solution?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Pc-switches-off-by-itself/td-p/5681624
Relevancy 36.55%

please give me the uses of fibre modules used in the switches and also explained me about the LACP protocol used in the switches.

A:switches

Well, I think perhaps you should try Google for homework answers.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/switches.417337/
Relevancy 36.55%

I am trying to help a friend with a KVM switch to use the same monitor for both his PC and laptop. My question, can he use only the monitor function on the switch and leave the (single) keyboard and mouse alone. That is -- if he is using the laptop, he will the keyboard on it and when using the PC- he will use that keyboard.

Also, any suggestion on a KVM switch?

Thanks

nepsa

Relevancy 36.55%

Hello all.

Basically i want to know in more depth how they work.
Also if you have a KVM Switch up and running could you send in pictures so that i can see what they look like and how they are set up please.

Thanxs for the help it is much appriciated.

Baltan

A:KVM Switches

What exactly do you want to know? You plug in a monitor, keyboard and mouse and then plug the KVM cables into your PC's. They KVM cables have plugs for monitor, keyboard and mouse.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/kvm-switches.59909/
Relevancy 36.55%

Hello,

I'm looking at purchasing a 24 Port LAN Switch and the ones I've had experience so far are extremely loud. This switch won't be rack mounted and it will be physically in an office so noise is an issue.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a switch that is "somewhat" quiet?

Thanks,

Izzy

A:LAN Switches

Loud?? sorta of a new one on me.. Like you mean the fan for the unit is overly noisy?

I mostly work with Cisco equipment and the PC's are usually the louder of all of the computer equipment in the area.

Bad thing on that note is that Cisco can be a little pricey.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lan-switches.196805/
Relevancy 36.55%

Does anyone know of any switches for this utility?  I know /s shows the version, I am looking for a silent scan with no interaction switch.

A:jrt.exe switches

Hello -
If you do refer to Junkware Removal Tool by thisisu, then he is quite often on this forum and he also has a Blog (sorry I do not have a current link)

As the tool Developer, your questions are best directed to him, persomally -

Thank You -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/503128/jrtexe-switches/
Relevancy 36.55%

I m looking to buy a KVM switch I want to be able to plug in my monitor logitech G keyboard my Mx mouse and two computers The problem I m seeing when trying to select the right switch for me is the fact that the g requires usb to fully function and on top of that a lot of power relatively speaking Now I know for a fact that it will have all basic functions with usb drivers--but I want full function All of the switches I have been looking at are usb or example For that example I had to ask their tech support what the usb technology was and I was told quot usb That is all that s need for a keyboard to function quot Switches KVM Not only are most affordable--for my situation--switches usb but they have no power cords as all the power is acquired through KVM Switches the usb connection supposedly So It seems my question is going to fall down to how usb works If I plug my g and mouse into the main box of a kvm switch and it is a usb port receiving the information the switch is and the keyboard is for full functions and then being sent out on a usb cable to a computer will the computer receive the original usb information Or will it be reduced to ie my g will revert to basic function with no lcd display It seems logical that you can t reduce the quality of incoming info then reestablish it to the higher quality later on unless the middle device understands that higher level of quality of course in that situation it would never reduced the info By small chance I hope there is someone out there with a g who uses a kvm switch and can give me some info I m also just looking for any ideas and opinions from anyone Thank you nbsp

A:KVM Switches

I'm looking to buy a KVM switch. I want to be able to plug in my 1 monitor, logitech G15 keyboard, my Mx518 mouse, and two computers.

The problem I'm seeing when trying to select the right switch for me, is the fact that the g15 requires usb 2.0 to fully function and on top of that, a lot of power relatively speaking. Now, I know for a fact that it will have all basic functions with usb 1.1 drivers--but I want full function!

All of the switches I have been looking at are usb 1.0 or 1.1: example
For that example I had to ask their tech support what the usb technology was and I was told: "usb 1.1. That is all that's need for a keyboard to function."

Not only are most affordable--for my situation--switches usb 1.0 but they have no power cords as all the power is acquired through the usb connection supposedly.

So It seems my question is going to fall down to how usb works. If I plug my g15 and mouse into the main box of a kvm switch and it is a usb 1.0 port receiving the information (the switch is 1.0 and the keyboard is 2.0 for full functions)and then being sent out on a usb cable to a computer, will the computer receive the original usb 2.0 information? Or will it be reduced to 1.0, ie: my g15 will revert to basic function with no lcd display?

It seems logical that you can't reduce the quality of incoming info then reestablish it to the higher quality later on unless the middle device understands that higher level of quality; of course, in that situation it would never reduced the info.

By small chance, I hope there is someone out there with a g15 who uses a kvm switch and can give me some info.
I'm also just looking for any ideas and opinions from anyone.

Thank you.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/kvm-switches.96961/
Relevancy 36.55%

Can someone help me
Can we use Switch for ONU to extend connections within 100 meters

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/onus-switches.1164498/
Relevancy 36.55%

i have 3 computers that just switches off by itself. the computer are on a network with others but only these 3 switches off. people came and looked at the electricity andsaid that there is nothing wrong with it. 2 of the 3 are running on ups. power saving settings are off, so what can it be?

Relevancy 36.55%

i have fitted a motherboard i got off ebay but ive had a better processer fitted to it and all the dip switches are tuned off will stop the pc from booting up

A:dip switches

Is there a particular question here? It would help if you included information on the make and model number of the Motherboard and the Processor. Also include the question you want help with. It would seem that you are posibbly asking what to set the dip switches to. But we cant be certain and cant really help you with out the other information.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dip-switches.544592/
Relevancy 36.55%

Hi all,

I have started to have a problem as indicated above, started today. I will be playing merrily away and the pc will just turn off as if the power has been cut. It seems to happen only when i am playing games, noted in FEAR, Sniper Elite and Quake 4 so far. I cant make it happen when using Win xp normally.
Before i go and start purchasing new psu and a bag load of new ram mods, can anyone suggest anything that i can try to pinpoint the prob ??

I have monitored the temps across the pc, they dont appear to be getting very high, (middle of a FEAR fire fight cpu at 41)

I have checked my drivers etc, they all appear to be up to date (attached Dxdiag if thats of any help).

System : Athlon 3500XP, radeon x850xp, 1024 mb ram, Win xp, Audigy 2 plat pro SC.

Any help would be most appreciated.
Cheers
Rag

A:PC switches itself off !!

How do you get 41C, during your game, do you have a case display? If so, I think that's just displaying the internal case temperature not your CPU.(depends on the case and mobo though). It is standard prob/symptom of overheated CPU, the system just shuts down!. Did you try removing side panel and blowing a fan on it?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-switches-itself-off.37030/
Relevancy 36.55%

Hi all I am new here and hope I am postingin the right forum I have a PC which I haven off switches PC t used for a couple of months and when I went to switch it on last night it wouldn t start Everything seems normal for the first sec or so and then it shuts itself off I have unplugged every card drive I have and it still the same The cooling fan are working and PC switches off I have even cleaned them a bit with some air spray The only difference is when I PC switches off remove the RAM Without RAM the PC stays on but of course it will not do anything it keeps beeping I am thinking that it is not the power supply or overheating because the problem occours always at the same point and if I remove the RAM it stays on which to me indicates that the power is OK and the temp too Could it be the RAM I mean if the RAM is faulty will that force the PC to switch itsel off If not what else could it be Thanks in advance for all your help nbsp

A:PC switches off

It could be a number of things, but try running Memtest 1st to see if it is the RAM.

http://www.memtest.org/#downiso

You can make a bootable Floppy, or CD. Just go into BIOS and make sure 1st boot Device is whatever you created.

Post back if it passes, get new RAM if it fails!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-switches-off.91239/
Relevancy 36.55%

Lately my PC has been switching off while I ve been gaming - it was doing it before but I decompressed my drive and fiddled with the pagefile a bit and it seemed to stop happening that was about months ago and its switches off PC started again PC switches off Mostly when I m playing Civ - I can play for about an hour and then it just turns off - its not a bsod or a crash theres no minidump or PC switches off crashlog of any kind it just powers down Well I figured since messing with the drive seemed to fix it last time that the problem was probably just the HDD was old and needed replacing - its about years old if not older and has been in different PCs its a bit small for my needs anyway So I bought a shiny new PC switches off GB drive and I downloaded some trial software Acronis Migrate Easy so that I could just take my current windows install and all my programs and stuff and they d all be ready and I could just crack on with my work It seemed to copy everything all right but then when I tried to boot up windows it just wouldnt it did the black loading screen then went to the blue screen that usually says welcome and it just had the windows XP logo and it stayed there for about half an hour with the hdd light blinking before I figured it wasnt actually doing anything and rebooted with the old disk I tried the windows repair console and ran fixboot and fixmbr that didnt work so I tried bootcfg rebuild and it said there was an error and I should run chkdsk so I did and it said the drive looked fine so it wasnt going to check it So I forced it to run chkdsk and at the computer just powered down So I tried again and it did the same thing again which I thought was odd - on a new disk I ve tried using the other ide port and cable and it happened again I tried doing a repair install of windows on the new disk and it didnt have the ali drivers on the install disk - so that was that So maybe its not a disk issue But I just dont know what to do now I still want to copy everything to the new disk anyway - preferably without having to reinstall everything and I d like to find out what is causing this shutdown issue I ve run tests on my memory and it isnt a heat issue either so I m at a loss now I ve exhausted every avenue I can think of nbsp

Relevancy 36.55%

Hi. I have an 8 month old emachineG520. If I put it into "sleep" mode it will often have switched itself right off when I come to use it again. I have to switch off at the mains for a few minutes to get it back.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/lap-top-switches-off-458123.html
Relevancy 36.55%

Hi I have a problem with my laptop its running XP and when I do any video CD/DVD Burning playing games from a CD after a while the Computer just shuts down by switching off Black screen Dead and if I try to boot up straight away it just turns off again have to let the PC cool down before I can boot it up to work on it again can any one help I think this could be a hardware issue so have posted it there too any ideas?

Thanks

Relevancy 36.55%

Does Asus P6T or Asus P6T SE support Triple Channel in Memory (RAM) ?
What's difference between Asus P6T and Asus P6T SE ? Which one you guys suggest ?

Relevancy 36.55%

So I recently just replaced my Asus P X -E WS with another Asus P X -E WS from Amazon I always remember hearing to Drivers Asus MB. website? No P6X58-E Win8 WS NEW!! on Asus ignore the drivers disk on CD that comes with product and go straight to web-sight and gather latest I ALWAYS keep CD for just in case moments When I was running Win last year on old MB this was never a issue and downloaded NEW!! Asus P6X58-E WS MB. No Win8 Drivers on Asus website? drivers from Asus web site but when I recently went to the Asus drivers download site there are no options for win Screen Shot Below Here Is my problem After Installing new MB and testing OS operations with only my SSD pluged in OS win is on SSD everything was working great this also confirmed a few of my last MB memory slots were fried because I had GB of memory installed but BIOS amp OS was telling me I had only GB Im back GB now I also had QTY TB-HDD I was using with previous MB No raid configurations I record music and many project files can get very big so each HDD was dedicated to different quot IMPORTANT quot things Well after confirming OS win was in working order I powered down and plugged in all HDD then powered back up I wish I would have done this one HDD at a time now only are being recognized I keep getting the message quot you must initialize a disk before logical disk manager can access it quot Now from what I've gathered from a Google search this is what you would do to format a NEW hard drive Correct I then was reading its as simple as downloading latest drivers But they were on the subject of USB This is a direct SATA plugin what I'm dealing with So far the best jedi computer minds who have given me success helping me fix my problems live amp converse here I beg for anyone's wisdom on this issue and show me the error of my ways I will gladly publicly write a post explaining how superior amp knowledgeable you are and how truly grateful I am you helped me LOL Hell Ill even donate to you Seriously I will However I am ready to except any bad news or worst case scenario's Remember this MB is only days old from Amazon I can quickly return this sucker if I need to quot

A:NEW!! Asus P6X58-E WS MB. No Win8 Drivers on Asus website?

From what I found on the Asus site....
ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download P6X58-E WS
They are only providing drivers up to Windows 7 64 Bit. You can go to the file manager and click one time on the primary HDD and then click computer tab and from there click on manage. From there you click device manager and you will get a list of your hardware. You can right click on each one and click update driver and the system will try to find the updated driver for you. If anything you now have your hardware name and can try to get the updated driver through the actual company who builds the drivers.

It also does sound like you may need to format the HDD's. Do the same thing but instead of clicking on device manager you will click on disk management and you can right click on each drive and select to format. Just make sure to not format the primary partition if that is even possible.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/41500-new-asus-p6x58-e-ws-mb-no-win8-drivers-asus-website.html
Relevancy 36.55%

Summary I am putting this in the UX51VZ-IS71T: on Asus Asus Question Support? general forum section and please bear with me I had posted earlier a thread about my Asus Ultrabook backlit keyboard Asus UX51VZ-IS71T: Question on Asus Support? not illuminated Thank you all that have responded to that post but nothing worked I ended up sending in my Asus for RMA and warranty repairs Here is where the fun starts I first made my case with Asus and they informed me that my Serial Number was invalid I told them that it is wrong as I bought the Laptop from MemoryLabs com which is a Certified Asus Re-seller It even posts their name on Asus UX51VZ-IS71T: Question on Asus Support? their website in quot Where to Buy Asus quot Please do not take this as racist or anything derogative but the Asus support staff are all located in India and there is no way to talk to a person in America The repair facility is also contracted out to a company called BizCom in Milpitas California Now the men and women who work at the support center in India do their best but to my understanding they are a separate company working to just take calls Same with the BizCom company which they are great but again contracted so there is nobody who works for Asus or knows Asus's RMA system My laptop has been sitting at the repair center with no updates from Asus When I contact the support center directly they said the Serial Number was Invalid and that they had to talk to Asus about the warranty service I though Asus already fixed this when I sent them my Invoice of the Laptop and that it was a certified Reseller My Question Has anyone ever had this experience with Asus before Is there a number to talk to someone in America What would you do in this situation as this is my first RMA service and unaware of what is normal

A:Asus UX51VZ-IS71T: Question on Asus Support?

I had correspondence with ASUS via e-mail. It was a while ago now, I think it was a link on their web site. It was a waist of time really. I wasn't impressed. Replies took forever and the answers seemed to be scripted responses. I eventually just gave up asking any more questions. My issue was with creating recovery media. At that time there was no way of creating a recovery disk set in Windows 8.0. The utility I was referred to only worked in Windows 7. It became a non issue when I put an SSD in my laptop and did a clean install of 8.0.

Most of those contracted out call centers go by a flow chart. Ask this question, if the answer is yes, take this branch, if its no, take this other branch. The person asking you the questions may have no technical background at all. As soon as you say I don't know, your basically screwed. Assuming you can actually understand what they are saying. I'm not racist, but I don't think its unreasonable to be able to talk to somebody that is fluent in my native language. It seems to be the luck of the draw sometimes. I've had some that I could understand easily, and some that were almost impossible to understand.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/58716-asus-ux51vz-is71t-question-asus-support.html
Relevancy 36.55%

ok went out and bought an asus spdif out module for my puter - the mobo has spdif 6 pin connector on board

problem is module only has 3 pin connector

anyone know how to connect

module has pins 1,2,& 3 says 1& 2 for green header (ac97) and 2&3 for black header pci audio

mobo has spidf out +5v spdif in
ground ground

on the 6 pin connector (1 pin missing)

do i connect spdif out & ground or spdif out & +5v?? don't want to fry the module

Thanks 4 your help
Ken

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connecting-asus-spdif-module-to-asus-p4b-mobo.20939/
Relevancy 36.55%

Hi all i am scratching my head at what mobo to get i was serioulsy going towards the maximus formula cause it has cpu level up for overclocking but it has pcie 2.0 and i have an 8800 gtx will it be compatible? with 2.0 bus . if you guys could maybe give me the pros and cons of each board i could make up my mind cheers

A:Asus striker extreme or Asus maximus formula?

that is a new board and the 2.0 bus is what the new video cards are going to be coming out at and this board will work work with u're card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-striker-extreme-or-asus-maximus-formula.94396/
Relevancy 36.55%

Connecting asus spdif module to asus p4b mobo

sorry i also posted this in the audio section but maybe this is a better place to post it

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ok went out and bought an asus spdif out module for my puter - the mobo has spdif 6 pin connector on board

problem is module only has 3 pin connector

anyone know how to connect

module has pins 1,2,& 3 says 1& 2 for green header (ac97) and 2&3 for black header pci audio

mobo has spidf out +5v spdif in
ground ground

on the 6 pin connector (1 pin missing)

do i connect spdif out & ground or spdif out & +5v?? don't want to fry the module

Thanks 4 your help
Ken

A:Connecting asus spdif module to asus p4b mobo

same problem with a7n8x deluxe

hello karmstrong, i just got my spdif out module today (optical & co-ax) and have the same problem with my a7n8x deluxe. 5 pin socket on the board, three on the module. i suppose we need a different module? if anyone has any suggestions, i'd be very much obliged...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connecting-asus-spdif-module-to-asus-p4b-mobo.20948/
Relevancy 36.55%

I do see that you have had a similar problem already on this forum but it didn't fix mine (I probably wasn't doing something right).
My Laptop wont start up it goes to the Windows Recovery error page where you have to choose either Launch Startup Repair (recommended) or Start Windows normally. Both of these options lead you to the same result to the Asus Preload Wizard page.
I tried pressing F8 and F9 but didn't get anything.
Appreciate any help you can give me. Thank you

Cheers

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-k55v-stuck-in-asus-preload-wizard.1137335/
Relevancy 36.55%

I'm posting this under XP because that's what I have and I suspect why I got information last night about total internet security being offered free by ATT U-Verse through McAfee.    I had spoken with one of their reps who was still unaware of XP's upcoming demise and then  got this notice which certainly was not devised overnight.  This service will undoubtedly be offered by other companies.

This is  FWIW.

A:XP news (and probably others)

No security software can protect you from poor choices.  While it may be possible to run Windows XP after Microsoft stops supporting it April 8, 2014, it is not recommended that the average user continue to use Windows XP.  April 8th will be the last time Microsoft releases updates for Windows XP.  We will not know the affect of Windows XP not being patched until much later.  A large part of the risk of continuing to run Windows XP is that the updates released by Microsoft to fix issues found in later versions of Microsoft Operating Systems (OS), Windows Vista, 7, and 8, may reveal problems with Windows XP that will not be fixed.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/528013/xp-news-and-probably-others/
Relevancy 36.55%

HI all,

I need so advice. I am a complete noob to computers! I have a fairly basic Dell Dimension 3000. It has been reliable for the couple of years I have had it, but yesterday when powering down in the normal way there was a loud bang from within the unit!

The unit will now not power up....I have checked the fuse in the plug and it is fine!

Dont know what happened or the effect it will have on my PC - is it bad news?

Cheers for any advice you may be able to offer.

Frags.

A:Am I set for bad news?

The Dell 3000 has been a reliable, basic, budget unit.
No bang is normal.
You may have blown a capacitor, motherboard, or power supply.
The capacitor will be a little barrel-shaped object resting on the motherboard. There may be many of them. Look for grey, brown, or rust colored powder. Look for any of these "barrels" which are swollen or which have distorted or rounded tops. A typical failed capacitor will have a split down one side with the powdered innards leaking out. There could be a film of dust throughout the computer.
A blown capacitor means you need a new motherboard. If you don't get a motherboard from Dell, your hard drive and Windows will not work. Expect to pay $100 to $150 to replace it from Dell. If you buy from eBay, you will need assurance that you have a Dell certified motherboard designed for that model that has the correct EEPROM installed, so that your Windows is dtecting the correct information about the board.
If you were running games, or photo editing, it may have overheated some components or damaged the motherboard, or burned out the power supply.
The first thing to do is check the power supply. That is the big metal box that has all the wires coming out of it.
The easiest way is to buy a power supply tester from a computer store, www.geeks.com, www.cyberguys.com, www.newegg.com, www.directron.com, www.zipzoomfly.com, www.outpost.com, www.techdepot.com or other. They usually run about $11 to $15 but can be as high as $25 for the better ones. Test the power supply with the tester. Outside the computer.
If the power supply, something beyond your ability to fix has gone bad. Call a technician. It may not be worth fixing.
If the power supply is bad, replace it with one of the same size, but at 300 watts or better. Quality is important. See the lists on this formum about quality power supplies, but you do not need an expensive one... though you should expect to spend between $50 and $75. You will need to understand all the connectors and the differences between a 20 pin and a 24 pin power supply, and how to use them.
This is a very big job. It will be stressful, most likely, and will take a lot of time. But it is not rocket science, and most people with a brain and basic skills with tools can do it, by taking their time and thinking it through.
But it you do not feel up to the task, have someone look at it who is very experienced... not just the guy down the hall or the next door neighbor's kid.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/am-i-set-for-bad-news.97692/
Relevancy 36.55%

Hi, it's wierd how things happen unexpectedly, but by chance I noticed a program which allows a one time copying of win. OS in the "all programs" by DELL. I burned a copy and won't know what it's about untill after the wipe and boot. Does anyone know of this and what it consists of?

A:Some News...

I burned a copy and won't know what it's about untill after the wipe and boot. Does anyone know of this and what it consists of?I don't fully understand the question.In general: All computers used to come with a backup copy of Windows on a cd. If you have spent any time in this forum you must know how common it is to have to reinstall Windows! So, you use the cd for that. But Dell and others, to try to save a few pennies I suppose, do not supply the cd anymore. Instead they put the Windows copy on your computer, often on what is called a Hidden Partition. You can reinstall Windows by hitting a certain key on boot up, such as F10 (it is explained in your manual or even on your computer screen at bootup). Dell will allow one copy of this hidden partition to be made by you on certain machines. I STRONGLY recommend that you make it! Now you will have it on the hidden partition as well as on disks.If you give us the model number of computer we can find more info for you. Or you can go to http://support.dell.com and type in your Service Tag number that is usually found on a little sticker somewhere on your computer.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/49287/some-news/
Relevancy 36.55%

Quote AMD Reportedly Planning New Six-Core 'Thuban' Processing for Q New CPUs for the enthusiast segment Sunnyvale More AMD... News From California-based Advanced Micro Devices is said to be planning the release of its own line of six-core desktop processors in an attempt to counter Intel's own six-core initiative The new desktop parts which are codenamed Thuban are expected to debut sometime in the third quarter of and be part of the company's new wave of high-performance desktop processors according to sources More News From AMD... familiar with the company's plans AMD's next-generation desktop processors are expected to provide users with a six-core architecture and will be the chip maker's first desktop CPUs to be featured with six processing cores According to available details the new parts should be compatible with the existent AM platforms boasting an integrated dual-channel DDR MHz memory controller Although details are scarce at this time AMD's Thuban processors are likely to be designed after the company's current Istanbul processors which means that they will boast MB of L cache KB per core and MB of L cache Based on the company's current nm manufacturing technology the Thuban which means 'dragon' in Arabian processors could be part of the company's current high-end desktop platform codenamed Dragon However considering previous reports that AMD's next-generation enthusiast platform is due out in April the said Thuban processors could also be part of the chip maker's new product lineup The new 'Leo' platform will be based on the FX and GX chipsets and will deliver a number of new features for enhanced performance Unfortunately these details are still to be established Intel's six-core initiative for the consumer desktop market is based on the company's next-generation Gulftown chips which are reportedly planned for release in Q If AMD manages to ship its first six-core CPUs in Q then it shouldn't be that far behind Intel in the high-performance segment Source Quote AMD's Dual-Chip DirectX 'Hemlock' GPU Comes in Q New rumors detail next-generation lineup As we are approaching the highly anticipated official release date of AMD's next generation of Radeon graphics cards more details surface on the company's upcoming lineup including codenames and possible release time frames According to the most recent details the new cards should debut before the end of this year providing computer enthusiasts with a choice for a high-end GPU boasting a power-efficient nm manufacturing technology and support for the next-generation DirectX API In a recent news article on xbitlabs citing sources close to the matter AMD is said to be working on the release of a new flagship dual-chip graphics card reportedly due out sometime in the fourth quarter of this year The highly anticipated card has apparently been codenamed Hemlock and is expected to replace the Radeon HD X which the chip maker released approximately one year ago Although the details are still based on rumors the new card is likely to come out as the new Radeon HD X and could boast GB of GDDR memory and a number of connectivity options including a DisplayPort DVI and HDMI Unfortunately we still have to wait for the performance stats of the said card but such details should surface sometime before the official launch The news story continues with details on some of the codenames that AMD has apparently set for its next-generation line of graphics boards as the company is said to have decided to use code names instead of code numbers for its next-generation graphics chips All cards will be DirectX -compatible and boast a nm-based GPU The upcoming lineup according to the aforementioned source includes the following cards Hemlock Cypress Juniper Redwood Cedar Hemlock will come as a dual-chip solution based on the RV chip while Cypress will boast a single-GPU architecture based on the same graphics chip Juniper will be targeted at the performance market and will ultimately replace... Read more

A:More News From AMD...

I was looking at server processors a couple weeks ago and noticed that AMD had released a 6 core server processor. I knew it would only be a matter of time before they made a desktop processor with 6 cores.

I think I will wait to upgrade now and go with the SB850 boards coming out and get a good black edition 6 core CPU. Might even hold out and grab an HD5800 Atomic if Sapphire plans to produce one.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/23280-more-news-amd.html
Relevancy 36.55%

Hey guys, so this link keeps randomly popping up on my screen on a new window:
http://www.news.net/index.php?referid=

Not only that, but a 'news.net' bar thing keeps popping up directly beneath my bookmarks bar, AND it always changes page I'm on to a news.net page -.-
Do you guys know how to get rid of it? It's getting really annoying now, so please help me!

Thanks in advance!

A:Getting rid of news.net

Instructions from their site - - How do I uninstall the NEWS.NET browser toolbar?

You may remove the toolbar from your browser by going to your browsers Add On / Extensions settings, selecting News.net and by clicking the uninstall link.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/505783/getting-rid-of-newsnet/
Relevancy 36.55%

Hi i have a western digital raptor quot gb with win x on it i just bought an Intel X -M GB quot for an upgrade and first i used acronis trueimage to clone my raptor over to my Intel After i cloned it i unplugged the raptor and booted on the SSD which worked slow and up until that point where it would change from the welcome login to display the desktop which it never got to that stage even Help with news SSD in failsafe i couldn't get into the desktop Then i tried downloading the firmware update from their website a mb ISO quot HD quot and i used poweriso to burn it onto a DVD which i booted in dos and it gave this error message i have included a picture quot IMGP quot So i thought i'll try this again later for now i want windows to work So thinking the cloning didn't work i proceeded to try installing a fresh Help with news SSD copy of windows x Help with news SSD on the drive by which i got this error shown in the second attached image quot IMGP quot My motherboard is a quot Gigabyte ga-x -ds e quot whith an updated bios from april So why didn't it work cloning and why can't i even install a new windows onto it I think the native firmware on the intel drive is HA if FW stands for firmware

A:Help with news SSD

I put the Intel SSD in my girlfriends laptop, an HP Pavilion dv6000 and booted up the firmware update dvd and for some reason it booted up as it should, asked if i read the licence agreement and asked if i wanted to update, so yes and yes i clicked and it proceeded to scan system for intel ssd's and the scan seems to have been going on for quite a while now...nothing seems to be happening.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/70167-help-news-ssd.html
Relevancy 36.55%

Hello I recently contracted some malware on my WinXP machine rid all the news? I myself bad Have of and have spent the last day trying to rid my system of it all I had the ishost exe and ismon exe files and used Smitfraudfix to clean those up Since then I seem to have removed all the malware through various scanners Ad-Aware Spybot Housecall AVG F-Prot but every F-Prot full scan comes up with this ominous line in the log quot C Program Files Common Files D D - - - - services dll Infection Possibly a new variant of W Downloader-Sml-based Maximus The program cannot yet disinfect viruses of this type Have I rid myself of all the bad news? quot None of the other programs have found anything and I am perplexed as to why F-Prot cannot remove clean this file if it is bad I have heard F-Prot is an excellent anti-viral program Here is my recent HT log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exe C Program Files FSI F-Prot fpavupdm exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C Program Files ASUS Asus Probe AsusProb exe C Program Files ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe C Program Files FSI F-Prot F-StopW EXE C Program Files Common Files D D - - - - Update exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Hijack This HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www asus com tw O - HKLM Run SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXE O - HKLM Run ASUS Probe C Program Files ASUS Asus Probe AsusProb exe O - HKLM Run Zone Labs Client quot C Program Files ZoneAlarm zlclient exe quot O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run IMJPMIG quot C WINDOWS IME imjp IMJPMIG EXE quot Spoil RemAdvDef Migration O - HKLM Run MSPY C WINDOWS system IME PINTLGNT ImScInst exe SYNC O - HKLM Run PHIME ASync C WINDOWS system IME TINTLGNT TINTSETP EXE SYNC O - HKLM Run PHIME A C WINDOWS system IME TINTLGNT TINTSETP EXE IMEName O - HKLM Run RemoteControl quot C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe quot O - HKLM Run HP Software Update C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKLM Run F-StopW C Program Files FSI F-Prot F-StopW EXE O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Extra Tools menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - DPF B-B - D-A D -FCFDF E C WUWebControl Class - http update microsoft com windowsupdate v V Controls en x client wuweb site cab O - Protocol msnim - A - C - - F- E F - quot C PROGRA MSNMES msgrapp dll quot file missing O - Service AVG Alert Manager Server Avg Alrt - GRISOFT s r o - C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exe O - Service AVG Update Service Avg UpdSvc - GRISOFT s r o - C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exe O - Service F-Prot Antivirus Update Monitor - FRISK Software - C Program ... Read more

A:Have I rid myself of all the bad news?

Hi, Duncan Idaho.

Welcome to TSG.

What we need is better tools.

Please download ATF Cleaner by Atribune.
This program is for XP and Windows 2000 only

Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.
Under Main choose: Select All
Click the Empty Selected button.
If you use Firefox browser
Click Firefox at the top and choose: Select All
NOTE: If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
If you use Opera browser
Click Opera at the top and choose: Select All
NOTE: If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.
For Technical Support, double-click the e-mail address located at the bottom of each menu.

Please download ewido anti-spyware from HERE and save that file to your desktop.
This is a 30 day trial of the program
Once you have downloaded ewido anti-spyware, locate the icon on the desktop and double-click it to launch the set up program.
Once the setup is complete you will need run ewido and update the definition files.
On the main screen select the icon "Update" then select the "Update now" link.
Next select the "Start Update" button, the update will start and a progress bar will show the updates being installed.

Once the update has completed select the "Scanner" icon at the top of the screen, then select the "Settings" tab.
Once in the Settings screen click on "Recommended actions" and then select "Quarantine".
Under "Reports"
Select "Automatically generate report after every scan"
Un-Select "Only if threats were found"

Close ewido anti-spyware, Do Not run a scan just yet, we will shortly in Safe Mode.

Now copy these instructions to notepad and save them to your desktop. You will need them to refer to in safe mode.

Boot into Safe Mode:

Restart your computer and as soon as it starts booting up again continuously tap F8. A menu should come up where you will be given the option to enter Safe Mode.

Perform the following steps in safe mode:

IMPORTANT: Do not open any other windows or programs while ewido is scanning, it may interfere with the scanning proccess:

Lauch ewido-anti-spyware by double-clicking the icon on your desktop.
Select the "Scanner" icon at the top and then the "Scan" tab then click on "Complete System Scan".
ewido will now begin the scanning process, be patient this may take a little time.
Once the scan is complete do the following:
If you have any infections you will prompted, then select "Apply all actions"
Next select the "Reports" icon at the top.
Select the "Save report as" button in the lower left hand of the screen and save it to a text file on your system (make sure to remember where you saved that file, this is important).
Close ewido .
Restart back into Windows normally now.

Please go HERE to run Panda's ActiveScan
Once you are on the Panda site click the Scan your PC button
A new window will open...click the Check Now button
Enter your Country
Enter your State/Province
Enter your e-mail address and click send
Select either Home User or Company
Click the big Scan Now button
If it wants to install an ActiveX component allow it
It will start downloading the files it requires for the scan (Note: It may take a couple of minutes)
When download is complete, click on My Computer to start the scan
When the scan completes, if anything malicious is detected, click the See Report button, then Save Report and save it to a convenient location.
Post a fresh Hijackthis log along with the Ewido and ActiveScan reports.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/have-i-rid-myself-of-all-the-bad-news.490571/
Relevancy 36.55%

I had a toshiba laptop a while ago and my brother borke it.. so yeah i bought a new one.

i had a problem with my windows media player, in the fact that when i tried to watch movies on full screen, is didnt work.

it enlarged, then stopped, then crashed and went back to its small "window" as if not watching it full.

as i said i got a new laptop, cause bro, broke the power lead inside the laptop which broke the motherboard.. but i just wanted to know what was wrong with my windows media player and how i can fix it if, or next time it happens

A:old news but..

Reinstall - or update windows media player/
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win...a/default.mspx

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/old-news-but-94517.html
Relevancy 36.55%

Taken from Tweakguides

Battlefield 2 1.50 Patch
2 September 2009

EA Games/DICE have released a new 1.50 Patch for Battlefield 2. The patch contains a large amount of new content, gameplay tweaks and bug fixes. Most significantly, the patch includes: improved Vista support, proper widescreen support, a new map called Operation Blue Pearl, the game executable can now use more than 2GB of RAM, the addition of the Euro Force and Armored Fury booster packs as free content for all BF2 players, and removal of the disc check component. I have revamped the Battlefield 2 Tweak Guide throughout, both for the major changes in the patch as well as to fix the numerous dead links and redundant tips in the guide since it was last updated in 2007.

A:oh my god BF2 news!!!

forget the widescreen support , its the same strerched out junk we had when we had to force widescreen resolutions

f***** EA bunch of aholes , im uninstalling this **** once and for all

i knew it was too good to be true............

http://www.vistax64.com/gaming/245222-oh-my-god-bf2-news.html
Relevancy 36.55%

I've been using the News app from the start screen. I've added a few columns to the "My News" section, but can't find a way to remove them.

Little help if you've done this before.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/9648-news-app.html
Relevancy 36.55%

March 14, The H ? (International) AVG anti-virus software mistakes Windows system file for a trojan. AVG anti-virus incorrectly identified a Windows system file as a trojan for part of the day March 14, causing users to be unable to boot their computers. Source: AVG anti-virus software mistakes Windows system file for a trojan - The H Security: News and Features

A:AVG in the news...

Thanks, Art.

This had to be a PITA for XP users for sure! So much for 3rd party maintenance programs. I'll stick with Defender in 8 and MSE for my 7 side.

http://www.eightforums.com/system-security/22304-avg-news.html
Relevancy 36.55%

When I open the news App in (Sorry) Metro, the type is to small for me
to read.

How do I make it full screen?

Tully

A:News App

how do you close the damn thing?

I can't be bothered goimg to task mgr to shut it down after.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/8282-news-app.html
Relevancy 36.55%

All I can say is Bad News with some China connection.
Chinese cybercrooks offer DDoS-for-hire ? The Register

Relevancy 36.12%

I have had an acer laptop for about months now Everything has been completely fine apart from one recent problem The computer randomly cuts out it doesnt shut down it just cuts out It cant be a power problem because it would run on the battery it works on the battery fine anyway After it has randomly cut out I reboot it it goes through off Randomly switches a windows disk checker thing then finally runs windows I have found that everytime it cuts out on the event monitor on administerative tools it runs a Randomly switches off file bcm sbxp I have searched for this file on the net and I is apparently a driver that is for my network card but virus can hide behind it It should only appear in windows system drivers which it did but also in windows lan I deleted the windows lan one but that hasnt made a difference I have found that it doesnt happen if Randomly switches off I am not using the wired LAN It is very annoying especially when I am doing somthing important and I cant imagine what it is doing to the hard drive It is a hardware or software problem virus of some sort Any ideas anyone Here is a hijackthis log as well Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Acer eManager anbmServ exe C WINDOWS system DVDRAMSV exe C Program Files Alcohol Soft Alcohol StarWind StarWindService exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Sophos SWEEP for NT SWNETSUP EXE C Program Files Sophos SWEEP for NT SWEEPSRV SYS C Program Files Sophos SWEEP for NT SWUPDATE EXE C acer epm epm-dm exe C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files MessengerPlus MsgPlus exe C WINDOWS system LVCOMSX EXE C PROGRA LAUNCH LManager exe C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C WINDOWS system spool drivers w x hpztsb exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files Microsoft Location Finder LocationFinder exe C WINDOWS system RAMASST exe C Program Files Sophos SWEEP for NT ICMON EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files acer eRecovery Monitor exe D Degree hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www bath ac uk math-sci teaching units s html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink Link cid SUB CLCID R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http global acer com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Int ernet Settings AutoConfigURL http www bath ac uk proxy proxy config R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Int ernet Settings ProxyServer ftp wwwcache bath ac uk gopher wwwcache bath ac uk http wwwcache bath ac uk https www cache bath ac uk R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Int ernet Settings ProxyOverride bath ac uk lt local gt O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO IE DOM Explorer - CC E D- AA- b -B - DA A - C Program Files Internet Explorer Developer Toolbar IEDevToolbar dll O - Toolbar amp G... Read more

A:Randomly switches off

There is some malware present in the log. That could possibly be what is causing the problem.

* Click here to download the trial version of Ewido Security Suite.

Install Ewido.
During the installation, under "Additional Options" uncheck "Install background guard" and "Install scan via context menu".
Launch ewido.
It will prompt you to update click the OK button and it will go to the main screen.
On the left side of the main screen click update.
Click on Start and let it update.
DO NOT run a scan yet.

Restart your computer into Safe Mode now.
(Start tapping the F8 key at Startup, before the Windows logo screen).
Perform the following steps in Safe Mode:

* Run Ewido:
Click on scanner
Click Complete System Scan and the scan will begin.
During the scan it will prompt you to clean files, click OK.
When the scan is finished, look at the bottom of the screen and click the Save report button.
Save the report to your desktop.

Reboot.

Post a new Hijack This log and the results of the Ewido scan.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/randomly-switches-off.472614/
Relevancy 36.12%

I have had an acer laptop for about months now Everything has been completely fine apart from one recent problem The computer randomly cuts out it doesnt shut down it just cuts out It cant be a power problem because it would run on the battery it works on the battery fine anyway After it has randomly cut out I reboot it it goes through a windows disk checker thing then finally runs windows I have found that everytime it cuts out on the event monitor on administerative tools it runs a file bcm sbxp I have searched for this file on the net and switches off Randomly I is apparently a driver that is for my network card but virus can hide behind it It should only appear in windows system drivers which it did but also in windows lan I deleted the windows lan one but that hasnt made a difference I have found that it doesnt happen Randomly switches off if I am not using the wired LAN It is very annoying especially when I am doing somthing important and I cant imagine what it is doing to the hard drive It is a hardware or software problem virus of some sort Any ideas anyone Here is a hijackthis log as well Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Acer eManager anbmServ exe C WINDOWS system DVDRAMSV exe C Program Files Alcohol Soft Alcohol StarWind StarWindService exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Sophos SWEEP for NT SWNETSUP EXE C Program Files Sophos SWEEP for NT SWEEPSRV SYS C Program Files Sophos Randomly switches off SWEEP for NT SWUPDATE EXE C acer epm epm-dm exe C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files MessengerPlus MsgPlus exe C WINDOWS system LVCOMSX EXE C PROGRA LAUNCH LManager exe C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C WINDOWS system spool drivers w x hpztsb exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files Microsoft Location Finder LocationFinder exe C WINDOWS system RAMASST exe C Program Files Sophos SWEEP for NT ICMON EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files acer eRecovery Monitor exe D Degree hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www bath ac uk math-sci teaching units s html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink Link cid SUB CLCID R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http global acer com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Int ernet Settings AutoConfigURL http www bath ac uk proxy proxy config R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Int ernet Settings ProxyServer ftp wwwcache bath ac uk gopher wwwcache bath ac uk http wwwcache bath ac uk https www cache bath ac uk R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Int ernet Settings ProxyOverride bath ac uk lt local gt O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO IE DOM Explorer - CC E D- AA- b -B - DA A - C Program Files Internet Explorer Developer Toolbar IEDevToolbar dll O - Toolbar amp G... Read more

A:Randomly switches off

Take a look here and see if you can get rid of it>>>

http://www.file.net/process/bcm4sbxp.sys.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/randomly-switches-off.472612/
Relevancy 36.12%

Switch: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps10015/index.html

Layout:
2 Floors, and there is one of those switches on each floor.
DSL Modem connected with Ethernet cable to the Switch on the upper floor.
Server Connected with Ethernet cable to the Switch on the lower floor.
Switches connected with each other with an Ethernet cable.
Each Switch has around 15-18 computers connected to it.

1) Is network speed between the server and the various users affected or slowed in any way? (since all users on upper floor share one cable, which connects the switches, to access the server on the lower floor)

2) Also Is the internet connection speed affected?

3) Does connecting the two switches with 2 cables instead of one increase performance?

Whats the optimal set up that i should have.

Thank you.

A:Connecting Switches Help.

Your questions about network performance between switches depends on how loaded down the uplink connection is between the switches. If you have a ton of traffic from hosts on the upper switch to the lower switch accessing the server and then you have hosts on the lower switch trying to get to the internet, then the hosts trying to get to the internet can be affected. It really depends on network communications at the time, the duration of the network communications, and who was there "first." And the reverse applies.

As far as the server performance goes, again it depends. If the hosts on the same switch hammer the server network communications wise, then the limitation here would be the single ethernet connection between the server and the switch.

As you can see all these performance questions are a it really depends scenario. You have to figure out what type of network traffic is going to be generated, how long, and from where. Also, you have to examine the server to see if it is built up to par to even be able to keep up with the available network bandwidth which I assume is GigE to the server.

As far as adding another uplink connection between the switches, you can't. I looked at the specs and this switch is not managed. I also don't see where the switch supports spanning tree. So in the scenario of the switch not having spanning tree, adding a second uplink between switches is going to result in total disaster. The second uplink will create what is called a switch loop. This will cause frames to loop around and around to the point where this will end up dragging your network performance to a crawl and eventually resulting in a total network crash. If your switches do support spanning tree, what will happen is that there might be a blip in network performance as spanning tree converges the additional link. Eventually, the second uplink will be placed in a blocking mode at one of the switches which would be determined to be the root switch. Because the port for the second uplink is in a blocking state, no traffic is going to be passed through this connection. The only way this connection becomes active is if the current uplink drops out for what ever reason. Spanning tree will detect this and then change the second uplink port on the root switch into a forwarding state. Spanning tree is a protocol used to prevent switch loops as I described above. So in this configuration you have more or less a redundant standby link. But without a managed switch to tweak the spanning tree parameters to get faster convergence, relying on spanning tree to provide link failover can result in less than ideal network performance as convergence (depending on the version of spanning tree being supported) can take 15 to 30 seconds if I remember correctly.

If you want link redundancy and traffic load balancing with multiple links between switches, you have to get a managed switch for both floors. You can run as many links between the switches you want up to a maximum of 8. You then need to configure these links as a link aggregated group (IEEE 802.3ad). To further enhance peformance of the link aggregated group, you can run LACP over the links between switches.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connecting-switches-help.865361/
Relevancy 36.12%

I have a network setup with one fiber trunk to a data switch with multiple vlans.
I want to add another data switch to the network , how do I add it when i only have one fiber link?
Hardware :
2 Dell L2 switches 54xx and 35xx model

Relevancy 36.12%

i've had this packard bell laptop for a couple of years, but recently i've noticed it switches itself after pre-longed use of the cpu e.g. scanning for virus's, basically anytime the cpu runs at 100% for a little while...overheating it, it seems.

does anyone have any ideas how i can stop this? maybe 'under' clocking it? its a 2.80 Celeron

A:laptop switches itself off...

Is the fan spinning on the back? Does the bios have a temp setting you can check?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-switches-itself-off.446183/
Relevancy 36.12%

I have two computers that I want to connect to one network port. Most communication will happen between those 2. I don't however, have a spare power socket available... Consequently I was wondering if there are any small 3-port (or more) ethernet switches that do NOT require a power supply or am I in a dream world?... Alternatively does anyone know of a cheap PCI adapter with a switch built in?... It only need be 10/100.. Don't need gigabit speed...

Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance.

Dinker

A:Powerless Switches?

A "Power Strip" or better yet a Surge Protector strip would solve your problem for between $1.99 to $20 (or more).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/powerless-switches.354113/
Relevancy 36.12%

Hi I have a Sony Vaio PCV V G which switches off sporadically It does not seem to switch off while in BIOS mode I suspect dubious goings on Computer Off..... Switches so include a Hijack Report I would be very grateful for someone to comment Thanks Mike Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Computer Switches Off..... Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Computer Switches Off..... Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Acronis Schedule schedul exe C PROGRA NORTON NORTON GHOSTS EXE C Program Files sony giga pocket shwserv exe C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Computer Switches Off..... Files Norton SystemWorks Norton Utilities NPROTECT EXE C WINDOWS System snmp exe C Program Files SolidNetWork License Manager lmgrd exe C PROGRA NORTON SPEEDD nopdb exe C Program Files Sony vaio media music server SSSvr exe C Program Files sony photo server appsrv PhotoAppSrv exe C Program Files Sony giga pocket GPVSvr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center SymWSC exe C Program Files Common Files sony shared vaio media platform SV Httpd exe C Program Files Common Files sony shared vaio media platform SV Httpd exe C Program Files Common Files sony shared vaio media platform UPnPFramework exe C Program Files Common Files sony shared vaio media platform UPnPFramework exe C Program Files Common Files Sony Shared vaio media platform sv httpd exe C Program Files Common Files Sony Shared vaio media platform UPnPFramework exe C Program Files Sony giga pocket RM SV exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Sony HotKey Utility HKserv exe C Program Files Wireless Desktop LgWDskTp exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C WINDOWS System ezSP Px exe C Program Files drag n drop cd dvd BinFiles DragDrop exe C program files belkin u-storage tools ustorage exe C Program Files Sony HotKey Utility HKWnd exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard hp business inkjet series Toolbox HPWNTBX exe C Program Files Acronis TrueImageWorkstation TrueImageMonitor exe C Program Files Common Files Acronis Schedule schedhlp exe C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton Ghost GhostStartTrayApp exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Distillr acrotray exe C Program Files Sony usbsircs USBsircs exe C Program Files Sony VAIO Action Setup VAServ exe C Program Files Outlook Express msimn exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Hijackthis HijackThis exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http g msn co uk SEENGB SAOS R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www multimap com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www club-vaio sony-europe com O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Web assistant - ECB - F - bbc- D- DDF E - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AdBlocking NISShExt dll O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar Web assistant - B EAC - D - b e- B -A C A A - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AdBlocking NISShExt dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - HKLM Run HKSERV EXE C Program Files Sony HotKey Utility HKserv exe O - HKLM Run LgWDskTp C Program Files Wireless Desktop LgWDskTp exe O - HKLM Run Logite... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-switches-off.468305/
Relevancy 36.12%

I was looking for a new laptop In the end I went for the WLMi from Tesco It arrived this morning booted up fine and all looked well It :( Acer switches New off went through installing all of the Acer stuff and then popped up saying I needed to register Norton It started downloading updates for it but at the same time started downloading Windows updates Then all of a sudden it just switched off and has been doing it since It boots up ok loads all New Acer switches off :( the gadgets and the taskbar and then just turns off I went into Safe Mode and disabled all the Norton in Services and Startup and it seems to stay on a bit longer now but still intermittingly turning off I ve tried it with just mains amp battery just battery and just mains It also has never switched itself off in Safe Mode so I m assuming this is a software fault I tried going to go into safe New Acer switches off :( mode and have a go at completely uninstalling Norton but it tells me I need to restart in normal mode to do that When I do that it switches of All the event viewer tells me is quot The previous system shutdown was unexpected quot with event ID Anyone any other ideas Should I just return this That would be my choice but if it s something I can fix then I d like to as my girlfriend has several deadlines for college and at the minute is without a computer and will probably be close to tears if I tell her this needs sent back P S This is running Windows Vista nbsp

A:New Acer switches off :(

Try booting into safe mode by pressing F8 repeatedly on startup and choosing the safe mode command line. When it boots into that, type in appwiz.cpl, and press enter. That should bring up the add/remove programs thing. Try uninstalling it from there. I think it's still safe mode though, so I don't know if it will work.

Try reading this thread. See if that helps.

Regards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-acer-switches-off.70764/
Relevancy 36.12%

My Pc switches off automatically after a few minutes. The technician replaced fan in the CPU unit a few months ago but its still getting switched off. Now the technician is saying that it's a hardware problem and need to replace the hardware inside the CPU. Whether I need to buy a new hardware for Rs 2800. Can any one help me.

My PC is 6 yrs old. OS is Windows XP

A:My Pc switches off automatically

It's not cost effective to put new hardware in a 6 year old computer. You can buy a new or semi used one for the same price at places like Craigslist. If a PC switches off, it is usually heat related. If your tech put a new CPU fan on, did he put thermal paste between the Heat Sync and the Fan? (this dissipates the heat, very important). Has the tech checked the temperatures in the Bios? Ask these questions before he does anything else. And check out the price of a new/used computer.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/my-pc-switches-off-automatically-581967.html
Relevancy 36.12%

Hi.
i got a new computer recently. about 1 week ago. recently while using the computer it switches off suddenly for no reason.
Initially it took maybe 20mins for it to switch off. but gradually it took 5-10mins to switch off and now it switches off at boot up. =//

anyone help? and anyways.im a computer newbie X_x

A:HELP: CPU switches off for no reason

comp info? maybe u should follow the 'new member guide' and fill in ur system specs in ur public profile. that way ppl can help u. i cant help u (and i doubt anyone can) unless u give ur more info about ur system

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-cpu-switches-off-for-no-reason.39221/
Relevancy 36.12%

Hi I have a problem with my laptop its running XP and when I do any video CD/DVD Burning playing games from a CD after a while the Computer just shuts down by switching off Black screen Dead and if I try to boot up straight away it just turns off again have to let the PC cool down before I can boot it up to work on it again can any one help I think this could be a software issue so have posted it there too any ideas?

Thanks

A:Laptop switches off

I'd say it's overheating. I'd blow it out with compressed air, or a good hair drier. You may need to get a notebook cooling pad for it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-switches-off.440754/
Relevancy 36.12%

Hi First post here so bare with me I really hope someone can help me out here this problem is off Monitor switches driving me nuts Anyway I ve built Monitor switches off a new computer and the only parts not replaced is the PSU and the monitor Basically I have an issue happening where my monitor will switch off after as little as seconds up to about minutes I have no operating system installed on the computer yet and can only get in to the BIOS or begin installing Windows This is what happens I turn the computer on it begins installing Windows begins copying the files and does one of four things it will give me a blue screen error while copying files irql not less or equal The monitor will just switch off and computer will reset The computer will reset and THEN the monitor will not come back on It will continue to the next stage of installation Once the monitor has turned off I have to unplug it and manually switch off my PSU for a couple of minutes before it works again Then once it is working the cycle starts again The longest it will go before switching off is to the point where I press the quot begin installation quot button Win A few things to note once it has turned off the quot power quot and quot reset quot buttons on the computer STOP working and the only way to turn off the computer is to turn off the PSU This problem also happens if I do nothing or just stay inside the BIOS menu At most the monitor will stay on for about or minutes I ve tried moving the RAM to another slow making sure everything is plugged in and it s all fine All I have plugged in is RAM graphics card and hard drive I have no onboard graphics so a card is a must for me Every component is brand new except the PSU and I have also tried another monitor so it s not an issue there Also I noticed something else On first boot I hear quot beep quot coming from the motherboard on the initial screen where it displays what your RAM is processor etc Once the monitor switches off and I try to boot again there is no quot beep quot and I lose the ability to use the quot power quot and quot reset quot buttons on the PC My specs are Motherboard MSI -C CPU Athlon II X RAM Crucial GB DDR single stick Graphics GeForce GS HD SATA GB PSU W Monitor HP w v Thanks for any help I really am at a loss nbsp

A:Monitor switches off

Anyone got at least an idea of what it might be?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-switches-off.895812/
Relevancy 36.12%

I Resolution Switches XP installed Windows XP Professional a few days ago I went to play my Civilization XP Resolution Switches III game and notcied things looked a little different The game runs in what I believe is x My standard desktop XP Resolution Switches size is x Instead of switching to x my computer now puts what appears to be an x window within my screen meaning I have a black box around my screen and a window within it It does this for all apps that are running while the game is running If I exit everything switches back to normal To further complicate this question when the game runs I to contradict what i wrote above it changes my desktop resolution to x which i assume means the window is actually x that the game appears in If i change my desktop to x my other programs look fine but my Civ III is a x box in the upper right hand corner I know I haven t been very clear but HELP nbsp

A:XP Resolution Switches

look for an option within the game menu's to play full screen, if you can't find one try pressing alt and enter at the same time, it should toggle the window from windowed mode to full screen and vice versa.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-resolution-switches.59723/
Relevancy 36.12%

hi I m posting the HJL of another PC of mine off it switches again..... switch on and I it which seems pretty full of malicious things I ve done a couple of online virus scans and it took away most of bad things The only weird thing is that when I switch off the pc it turns on again what could it be thanx Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe I switch it off and it switches on again..... C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Programmi AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic sched exe C Programmi AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic avguard exe C Programmi I switch it off and it switches on again..... File comuni I switch it off and it switches on again..... EPSON EBAPI SAgent exe C Programmi Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL Binn sqlservr exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS ATK Hcontrol exe C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exe C Programmi ASUS ASUS Live Update ALU exe C Progra ASUS Power Gear BatteryLife exe C WINDOWS System sistray EXE C WINDOWS System khooker exe C Programmi Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C Programmi Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Programmi AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic avgnt exe C WINDOWS System ctfmon exe C Programmi Messenger msmsgs exe C WINDOWS ATK ATKOSD exe C Programmi Asus Asus ChkMail ChkMail exe C Programmi Asus ASUS Hotkey Hotkey exe C Programmi Adobe Acrobat Distillr AcroTray exe C Programmi WinZip WZQKPICK EXE C Programmi Microsoft SQL Server Tools Binn sqlmangr exe C Programmi EdiSoftware gestionale Bin ESServer exe C WINDOWS System wuauclt exe C Programmi Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www gruppompb com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www asus com tw R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName Collegamenti O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Programmi Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO IE Agent - CC A F - B - FF- CB -D F F - no file O - BHO Labspak - FAFC FDD-D E - - D-F F D E - no file O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - HKLM Run Hcontrol C WINDOWS ATK Hcontrol exe O - HKLM Run ASUS Live Update C Programmi ASUS ASUS Live Update ALU exe O - HKLM Run Power Gear C Progra ASUS Power Gear BatteryLife exe O - HKLM Run SiS Tray C WINDOWS System sistray EXE O - HKLM Run SiS KHooker C WINDOWS System khooker exe O - HKLM Run SynTPLpr C Programmi Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Programmi Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe O - HKLM Run NeroCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run avgnt quot C Programmi AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic avgnt exe quot min O - HKCU Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS System ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Programmi Messenger msmsgs exe quot background O - Global Startup ASUS ChkMail lnk C Programmi Asus Asus ChkMail ChkMail exe O - Global Startup Hotkey lnk C Programmi Asus ASUS Hotkey Hotkey exe O - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Programmi Microsoft Office Office OSA EXE O - Global Startup Acrobat Assistant lnk C Programmi Adobe Acrobat Distillr AcroTray exe O - Global Startup WinZip Quick Pick lnk C Programmi WinZip WZQKPICK EXE O - Global Startup Service Manager lnk C Programmi Microsoft SQL Server Tools Binn sqlmangr exe O - Global Startup Server Application lnk C Programmi EdiSoftware gestionale Bin ESServer exe O - IERESET INF START PAGE URL http www asus com tw O - DPF -C A- E-A -C C BBF Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool - http go microsoft com fwlink linkid O - HKLM System CCS Services Tcpip C A -CE D- A -BA -F CAD FEFB NameServer O - Service AntiVir Scheduler AntiVirScheduler - H BEDV Datentechnik GmbH - C Programmi AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic sched exe O - Service AntiVi... Read more

Relevancy 36.12%

This laptop is only a few months old. Recently, in most cases when the battery goes down to exactly 24%, it switches off. It does not go into energy saving or hibernation, it simply switches off, losing all unsaved user data. Destroying the user's data is about the worst crime in the computer world, so this needs some reaction, apart from the fact that battery run time is shorter than promised. I have run through the battery recalibration exercise (charge fully while off, boot, go into safe mode, let the battery run empty) to no avail. Is there any better method for battery recalibration on this computer? The first information I need to localise the fault is whether the electronics responsible for shutting down are in the battery or in the computer. Please let me know, if anyone knows.

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/VN7-592G-always-switches-off-at-exactly-24/td-p/454908
Relevancy 36.12%

A bunch of friends and I are going to try and set up a LAN. In the past we've been like five guys connecting to my 8-port switch. We're going to be a couple more this time so my 8-port switch won't be enough. Would it be possible to plug my switch into another switch? Or maybe a router. If so, how?

I have a Netgear Prosafe GS108GE switch.

Relevancy 36.12%

hi,
we want to indent 3 com 48 port gigabit ethernet port switches (generic requirement) which should be l2 and should be economical and should support following features minimum :
1) telnet and ssh and web view support
2) LAG (link aggregation protocol support)
3) VLAN and advanced configuration support

It should be economical and shold have maximum features supported including above 3 must featues.

kindly suggest some model..

-akshar

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/3-com-switches-issue.947400/
Relevancy 36.12%

Hi wanted to put this out there switches Multiple to gt some secon opinions before we go in a tech meeting shortly Firstly I m not a data technician so my apologies if I get anything wrong here or make it confusing in any way We create energy control systems for commercial customers and have recently invented a control system to Multiple switches allow our guys to control one individual device at once over an addressable network we re just in the process of deciding how to send messages to each individual device and struggling I m a spark by trade so the only thing I know much about is wiring and that s we re the trouble lies we have nine hundred Ethernet relays connecting to one computer the relays are spread over three floors and simply recieve a small data packets telling them to turn on or off so the data levels are pretty small throughout the network but tech developers are saying that each device needs to be wired in cat back to the server I wanted to develop a device that incorporated a small three port Ethernet switch so that we could daisy chain up tp devices back to a larger switch and then back up to a network drive on the server So we would end up with a port switch on each floor then branches of interconnecting devices but I ve been called an idiot So my real question I suppose is quot what s the simplest way to lay out this complex network quot How can I creat a network tree down to each device Can I install a switch on each floor at a central location and then branch off a selection of smaller switches maybe x port switches out on the floor back to one switch per floor and then each floor switch back to a server Tricky one I think nbsp

A:Multiple switches

Not sure if you've already got this problem solved. But to start off with any network design is to diagram the topology. Which means a logical diagram on how the devices will be wired/connected to each other. Many issues with network designs and troubleshooting can be attributed to a lack of network documentation.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/multiple-switches.1085548/
Relevancy 36.12%

I have Windows Vista Ultimate. My home page is a self-created collection of links to URLs I frequent. I have always been able to right-click on links in home page and choose "Open in new tab" without losing focus on the home page. This is no longer true and is annoying.

I have gone to Internet options "Change how web pages are displayed in tabs". "Always switch to new tabs when they are created" is not checked. The setting for "Open links from other programs in" is "a new tab in the current window".

What can I do to remedy this?

Thank you for any insight.

Mary

A:Focus switches to new tab

I'm a little confused. What do you mean by not losing focus on home page?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/focus-switches-to-new-tab-575406.html
Relevancy 36.12%

my dad just bought an HP laptop with Vista Home and when he has 2 IE 8 browsers open when he trys to x one browser out it switches windows and closes the window he wanted to keep open. Why would it randomly switch and only when he is trying to close the window?

A:IE 8 randomly switches

IE8 isn't really that good. Try TAB browsing using IE8, it's much better than browsing using different windows.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/ie-8-randomly-switches-397470.html
Relevancy 36.12%

Hey guys and gals I have a problem with my computer It seems to be switching itself on for bout s and then off It happening at random times I have copied the log file below Can anyone help Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system itself?? on switches Computer PRISMSVR EXE C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers Computer switches on itself?? exe C WINDOWS stsystra exe C WINDOWS system Rundll exe C WINDOWS System DLA DLACTRLW EXE C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Real RealPlayer RealPlay exe C Program Files Dell Media Experience DMXLauncher exe C DOCUME Hina LOCALS Temp clclean C Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsTray exe C Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LComMgr Communications Helper exe C Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LComMgr LVComSX exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe C Program Files Logitech SetPoint SetPoint exe C Program Files Dell Wireless PRISMCFG exe C Program Files Common Files Logitech KhalShared KHALMNPR EXE C WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA exe C Program Files Dell Network Assistant hnm svc exe c program files mcafee com agent mcdetect exe c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcshield exe c PROGRA mcafee com agent mctskshd exe c PROGRA mcafee com vso OasClnt exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe C PROGRA McAfee com PERSON MpfService exe C WINDOWS system PRISMSVC EXE C Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsAuxs exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsSvc exe c program files mcafee com vso mcvsshld exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system wdfmgr exe C Program Files Common Files Creative Labs Shared Service CreativeLicensing exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Java jre bin jucheck exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL www google co uk ig dell hl en amp client dell-usuk amp channel uk amp ibd R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google co uk ig dell hl en amp client dell-usuk amp channel uk amp ibd R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www euro dell com content default aspx c uk amp l en amp s gen R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www euro dell com content default aspx c uk amp l en amp s gen R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search Default Page URL www google co uk ig dell hl en amp client dell-usuk amp channel uk amp ibd R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http windowsupdate microsoft com O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO McBrwHelper Class - B AA -DAF - -BD D- F BCB E - c program files mcafee com mps mcbrhlpr dll O - BHO McAfee PopupKiller - EC F-E - cae- B B-B C A - c program files mcafee com mps popupkiller dll O - BHO McAfee Anti-Phishing Filter - D ED - CFF- - A - EBB AF - c program files mcafee spamkiller mcapfbho dll O - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS System DLA DLASHX W DLL O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolba... Read more

A:Computer switches on itself??

Hello and Welcome to TSF.

Please Subscribe to this Thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant notification by email, then click Add Subscription.

Please note that the forum is very busy and if I don't hear from you within three days this thread will be closed.

If you're not receiving help elsewhere and still require assistance for this issue please do this:

Perform an online scan with Panda ActiveScanClick on Scan Your PC Now
A "pop up" window will appear, or a new tab will open.
Click on Register
Choose the option you like most, but we recommend the Free Registration.
Click on Register
Enter your e-mail address, and create a password.
Select "I do not want to receive any type of information" (unless you want to receive such information)
Click on Send
Confirm registration, and continue by entering your user name and password, then click on Enter
Select Full Scan, then Click on Scan Now
Wait for the components to be loaded and installed. Don't close this window or go to another page while it is downloading. You can continue using the Internet by opening another window in your browser.
If it finds any malware it can disinfect, the Disinfect button will be enabled. Click on Disinfect
Please ignore the offer to buy the program. Click on Export To

Export the log and save it to your desktop.
Please post the contents of that log in your next reply.
**Note**
To optimize scanning time and produce a more sensible report for review:Close any open programs.
Turn off the real-time scanner of all antivirus or antispyware programs while performing the online scan.
------------------------------------------------------
Download RSIT by random/random and Save it to your Desktop.
Double-click RSIT.exe to run the tool.
Click Continue at the disclaimer screen.
When the scan completes it will open a log named log.txt maximized, and a log named info.txt minimized.
Please copy/paste the contents of log.txt and info.txt in your next reply.
------------------------------------------------------

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/computer-switches-on-itself-304732.html
Relevancy 36.12%

My PC has behaved perfectly since I installed Windows several months ago However around a week ago it started to take a long time to recover from sleeping The hard disk would thrash for - minutes before the usual log-in screen would appear Then switches PC after boot off things would be OK More recently it started to switch off after coming out of sleep hibernation Once rebooted it was OK Then today PC switches off after boot it got worse It switched off every time I booted past the log in screen - sometime at the log in screen I have tried safe PC switches off after boot mode removing all USB devices but nothing now works Every time I try to start my PC at or shortly after the log in screen my PC switches off I presume that this is a pretty fundamental hardware fault Perhaps the motherboard Although it is a quad core machine with Gb of RAM it is pretty old around years so I suspect a hardware fault of some kind and I am considering a new PC Any ideas about what is causing this problem Is my PC finished

A:PC switches off after boot

Did you do anything to the computer just before your computer began to show the problems?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/113686-pc-switches-off-after-boot.html
Relevancy 36.12%

Hi,
Am using an ISP provided modem that gets internet directly (ADSL) and then to a D-Link 16 port swich. I have been working on it very good for my 8 computers and all getting internet, I resently added a Linksys router (CISCO) to take internet to another pc on another floor, and added more pcs to my network.
My BIG issue is that I have a brekon link. I have to turn the switch on and off every time to get connection back. Pls help!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/switches-networking.1049175/
Relevancy 36.12%

I have had an acer laptop for about months now Everything has off switches Randomly been completely fine apart from one recent problem The computer randomly cuts out it doesnt shut down it just cuts out It cant be a power problem because it would run on the battery it works on the battery fine anyway After it has randomly cut out I reboot it it goes through a windows disk checker thing then finally runs windows I have found that everytime it cuts out on the event monitor on administerative Randomly switches off tools it runs a file bcm sbxp I have searched for this file on the net and I is apparently a driver Randomly switches off that is for my network card but virus can hide behind it It should only appear in windows system drivers which it did but also in windows lan I deleted the windows lan one but that hasnt made a difference I have found that it doesnt happen if I am not using the wired LAN It is very annoying especially when I am doing somthing important and I cant imagine what it is doing to the hard drive It is a hardware or software problem virus of some sort Any ideas anyone Here is a hijackthis log as well Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Acer eManager anbmServ exe C WINDOWS system DVDRAMSV exe C Program Files Alcohol Soft Alcohol StarWind StarWindService exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Sophos SWEEP for NT SWNETSUP EXE C Program Files Sophos SWEEP for NT SWEEPSRV SYS C Program Files Sophos SWEEP for NT SWUPDATE EXE C acer epm epm-dm exe C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files MessengerPlus MsgPlus exe C WINDOWS system LVCOMSX EXE C PROGRA LAUNCH LManager exe C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C WINDOWS system spool drivers w x hpztsb exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files Microsoft Location Finder LocationFinder exe C WINDOWS system RAMASST exe C Program Files Sophos SWEEP for NT ICMON EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files acer eRecovery Monitor exe D Degree hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www bath ac uk math-sci teaching units s html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink Link cid SUB CLCID R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http global acer com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Int ernet Settings AutoConfigURL http www bath ac uk proxy proxy config R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Int ernet Settings ProxyServer ftp wwwcache bath ac uk gopher wwwcache bath ac uk http wwwcache bath ac uk https www cache bath ac uk R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Int ernet Settings ProxyOverride bath ac uk lt local gt O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO IE DOM Explorer - CC E D- AA- b -B - DA A - C Program Files Internet Explorer Developer Toolbar IEDevToolbar dll O - Toolbar amp G... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/randomly-switches-off.472611/
Relevancy 36.12%

Hi,
Well i wanted to connect around 20 computers to a local LAN that would then be connected to the main server and finally to the Internet. I am new to this stuff so dont have any idea as what to do.
Do i use routers or combination of router and switches.
Do I connect the computers wirelessly to the router or if not since most routers have only four ethernet ports than what should i do, if i want to connect the computer via ethernet cable. Please give detail of both options.
If i am using a private address say 10.0.0.0/8, how do i make an addressing scheme for the LAN for each PC.
thanks in advance, any help will be apprciated.

A:Router, switches and LAN

Sounds like a homework assignment. If it is, pay attention in class and this stuff will be easy.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/router-switches-and-lan.1030877/
Relevancy 36.12%

Hi all,
My PC began getting hot pretty quickly a couple of months ago and subsequently triggers the safety 'switch-off' every time I try to start it up.
I've checked the fans, cleaned the inside of the PC, thermite paste seems to be fine, and I moved an intake fan to the back and made it an exhaust (bizarrely the company who built the PC didn't give it an exhaust!)
Despite all this it still becomes hot very quickly and switches off - I'm certain it's a heat problem (as opposed to, say, a PSU issue) because when I take the side of the case off and manually train a desktop fan on the PC it works without error.
Does anyone have any possible idea as to why this is happening? I only have one intake and one exhaust, but that has served me for nearly two years now and the PC isn't overclocked or anything like that.
Many thanks!

A:PC overheats and switches off

If you install software such as CPUID HWMonitor you might be able to see what component is overheating. This could be caused by a fault in a component.
If this problem persists I'd recommend contacting the seller of the PC and asking for a replacement or for your money back. If you live within the UK this fault that you desribe would make the product unfit for purpose which is in violation of the 'Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982 4.5'

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/pc-overheats-switches-4597469/
Relevancy 36.12%

Hi guys I built a new PC about - months ago and it has been running as POST!! off before PC switches sweet as can PC switches off before POST!! be up until about hour ago The PC had been left on since this morning I came back to use it and noticed that the monitor was off and the LED was flashing I have power save settings switched on so I didn t think much of it However when I moved the mouse the monitor didn t come back on The PC tried to come back to life power led and HDD led were on but nothing came up on the monitor After a while the pc powered off alltogether Now when I try to turn it on everything starts up leds fans etc but the system switches off just before POST I am guessing that a piece of my hardware has died but I don t know where to start Can anyone suggest anything please The system components are Asus M N motherboard Athlon X Gb Corsair RAM gb SATA HD GeForce GTX Thermaltake Toughpower W PSU and a Thermaltake Soprano case nbsp

Relevancy 36.12%

Hi Guys I m hoping you can help me with this one it s been off... PC switches just Solved: bugging me for days A mate of mine has dropped a Solved: PC just switches off... PC off for me to look at because it just switches itself off but always in the same place just as the Windows load screen comes up I thought OS so I did a clean install Same problem same place OK must be something with the disk so I put Solved: PC just switches off... a Bart PE recovery disk in and tried to boot from that to try and fdisk the HD All going fine until the Windows loading screen appears then it just turns off Tried a Windows update disk same thing Put Knoppix bootable distro in starts fine until a load screen comes up it turns itself off Finally got iATOS v out of wraps - OS X installer comes up and keeps going quot Yippee quot I cry quot A PC with taste quot Took about minutes formatted the HD to HFS and installed fine then asked me to reboot Did so Darwin kernal loads and as the screen goes grey and the Apple logo appears it switches itself off No clicks bangs whistles just goes Same place on five different OS s For what it s worth its about two years old and has been fine to date I ll post specs if it will help but I m just after an opinion as to what it might be so I can start to swap out and hopefully an explanation as to why it happens in the same place or equivalent on different systems This has got me Thanks in advance Danny nbsp

Relevancy 36.12%

I have tried time and time again to instal win xp sp1 onto my mothers old p2 266 machine, and I know advice would be to upgrade but my mother cant afford to and she has programs that we need to run but will only work on XP, It installs perfectly but when its done and boots up for the first time it keeps switching the monitor off and you can hear it running in background, can anyone PLEASE help, I would be really gratefull, Iam studying PC M+R and my guess is that the graphics card doesnt support it but I have seen XP running on similiar machines with bog standard 4Mb G.Cards, any1 help???? PLEASE feel free to email me [email protected]

Relevancy 36.12%

My monitor a ViewSonic VE b switches on and off Monitor on and switches off on a very regular basis from Monitor switches on and off the moment I boot up I ve read through the forum postings and can t find a similar problem I don t think there s anything wrong with the monitor itself as I can eventually get it to stay on I d be very grateful for any advice on the cause and solution New to TechSpot and not technically aware so please excuse ordinary language Here s more detail - I ve had my new Mesh PC and monitor for just over a year with no problems at all - the monitor now flashes on stays off for seconds flashes on stays off for seconds and so on - when it does this the green monitor light goes out a millisecond before the screen goes black then the green light comes on again followed seconds later by the picture then the green light goes out picture off green light on for secs etc - most Monitor switches on and off of the time loading a programme eg Excel MSN GuitarPro has no effect on the on off problem but sometimes the loading of a programme seems to stabilise the screen display and the monitor is perfectly OK - stabilising the display by loading a programme seems to be dependent on Monitor switches on and off just catching the on off process at the right time I know this sounds very silly - once the screen display is stable I can switch the monitor on and off with no problem but rebooting the PC usually results in the monitor problem recurring What I ve done - changed power cables no difference - uninstalled and reloaded monitor drivers no difference - tried monitor on another PC no difference still goes on off I ve got an NVIDIA GeForce video card on a refresh rate of Hz nbsp

A:Monitor switches on and off

You say you have tried the monitor on another pc and it does the same thing. Its the monitor that is at fault for sure, it could be caused by a failing component or a dry solder joint. Monitors contain extremely dangerous voltages even when powered down. Only a monitor expert should open it up.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-switches-on-and-off.56647/
Relevancy 36.12%

hi, sometimes when my computer is off, it switches on by itself. How do i fix this problem?

A:computer switches on by itself

Check in the Power Management section of the Motherboard's BIOS for "Wake on PME Event" or "Wake on NIC activity" .(WOL)
I have seen the PME event wake the machine if the modem is plugged in and you get a phone call.
Also, the Wake on NIC event may be booting the computer if it is actively listening for whats called a "Magic Packet"

or check the power button for any syrupy, sticky residue which may be holding the power button in such as spilled/dried Mountain Dew(as was the case with one of my machines a while back )

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-switches-on-by-itself.428890/
Relevancy 36.12%

I have had this problem with my laptop Windows XP (which I bought back in late 2001) for a while and just sort of put up with it but now I am wondering what could be causing it. When I watch a video on youtube.com or play a soccer game through the internet on gamesheep.com or put in a DVD in, my computer switches off! No shutdown, just a straight switch off. This happens occasionally when I play the soccer game but if it is a you tube video(like a tv show) or a DVD it is more than certain the computer will switch off suddenly after a few minutes into the viewing of it. Any ideas why this is happening? Cheers for any help!

Relevancy 36.12%

when i go to turn the computer on it doesn't work, when i click the power button it switches on for a short amount of time, 30 seconds if that, it then switches off and switches on repeatedly, this is really weird and i don't think it's something to do with over heating because i took the computer apart and cleaned it all and stuck it back together,.

Any idea's?

Its an advent t90 something :L

A:Switches off and on repeatedly

Faulty power supply? Are cables loose? Do you get a POST or beep codes? If you're starting to boot into windows, then try safe mode.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/switches-off-and-on-repeatedly.125139/
Relevancy 36.12%

Hi There,

I hope someone can help me. I was swamped with spyware and adware the other day. I managed to get rid of everything but since it happened my PC switches itself off and starts rebooting (sometimes it doesnt start rebooting). Its not even a "Shut Down" it just switches right off and I lose any unsaved files.

I can't even format my hard drive as when I try to reinstall windows I get as far as booting from cd rom (in bios), it does all its stuff but as soon as the page where it asks me "To Install Windows XP press Enter", the PC switches off. Ive tried this several times and same result at same stage.

Please help!

A:Computer Switches Off

are you sure that the power cables are firmly connected to the pc? and make sure there connected firmly to the wall? how about resetting your memory inside your pc?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-switches-off.442837/
Relevancy 36.12%

Hi, I hope I'm posting in the correct place..
I've just upgraded my comp and I now have:
Bought in the upgrade bundle:
Abit nf7
512 DDR
barton xp 2500+
cpu heatsink + fan
Already had:
gforce ti4600
case with 350W power supply
40 gig and 16 gig hardrive
dvd drive
cdrw drive
floppy disk

The problem I have is that my computer sometimes shuts down randomly and goes into, i think, standby mode....or maybe it's power saving mode. Only way i can turn it back on is to unplug it and wait for a bit.
At first I thought it only happened when I used cpu intensive programs. Championship Manager 4 uses 100% cpu usage all the time, and after a few minutes my pc shuts down.

Recently it had been doing it even when I wasn't doing anything on my pc, and resulted in some files being corrupted and having to reinstall winxp.
Any help appreciated.

A:PC switches off randomly

oh and my cpu temperature is around 52 celsius, and vcore 1.66 V

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-switches-off-randomly.152814/