Windows Support Forum

CD ROM drives not showing up!

Q: CD ROM drives not showing up!

I'm working on a machine currently that is running win98SE. I have overlayed the OS on it to fix some Dll errors and I have gone into msconfig and shut off all the unwanted programs.

I go into bios and it shows both of the drives are there, but when the computer boots up neither one of the drives show up under my computer.

I can go into device manager and both of the drives are there but I just cant use them. Its really annoying and I was looking for anyone's info on the matter. Any help would be appreciated thanks.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: CD ROM drives not showing up!

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 57.19%

I have just built a new computer using Windows Pro bit however I've noticed when I open Windows explorer out of times it will continuously search for drives when opening up explorer and not show any drives that are installed I've tried reformatting using different hard drives but the problem persists no matter what I do I've reinstalled Windows with only a single drive plugged in tried different SATA ports but this folders/file icons/thumbnails showing Drives not showing, not problem keeps Drives not showing, folders/file icons/thumbnails not showing coming back The only thing I can think of is that the Windows install disk is corrupted and not installing properly I've also noticed that once it starts searching like this the icons wont display in any folder although the file names will Likewise when trying to sort files Drives not showing, folders/file icons/thumbnails not showing by date type etc they will not sort When this happens I can easily type in Drives not showing, folders/file icons/thumbnails not showing C to get to the drive without problem to access the drive but above problems with icons not showing sorting etc still is a problem Has anyone had this problem Know of a way to fix this I'm not looking forward to having to reformat again as I don't have the time to sit through and reinstall everything again after

A:Drives not showing, folders/file icons/thumbnails not showing

Hey Man.

When Im having problems with the system i do this:

Open cmd as administrator and then type "sfc/scannow" press enter

I will check your system for missing systemfiles and problems.

Give it a try and let me hear from you

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/291483-drives-not-showing-folders-file-icons-thumbnails-not-showing.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi all. I'm hoping someone could help me with this issue. I just finished putting together my computer, installed Windows 7 Pro 64 bits. However, both of my hard drives (one SSD, one regular HDD) are showing up as external drives (plug-and-play). If I click the "Safely Remove Hardware" icon, I could actually "eject" both of my hard drives. I've searched on Google for clues, but it wasn't helpful. If anyone has any idea on how to fix this, it will be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

A:Internal drives showing up as external drives

You have to enable write caching for your internal hard disk.- Click on Start Menu.- Type devmgmt.msc and press Enter.- Locate your hard disk under Disc Drives in the list in Device Manager.- Double-click on your hard disk.- Select Policies tab.- Check the checkbox Enable write caching on this device- Click OK.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/410628/internal-drives-showing-up-as-external-drives/
Relevancy 52.89%

I have a custom build desktop with 2 internal drives a 'Samsung SSD 840 Pro' and a 'Seagate Barracuda ST32000641AS'

I decided to format my PC using the Windows 7 boot disk, but noticed when choosing what drive to install my OS to, both of my drives types are labeled as System Drives, I decided to go ahead anyway and install my OS to my SSD, but after completing installation, Disk Management shows both of my drives as Active drives. I have searched a bit online and it seems that only my C drive should be an Active drive, does this have anything to do with both of my drives being read as System Drives at the start of installation. What would be the reason for both of my drives being Active? I have no problems with reformatting if needed.

thanks,

A:Both of my drives showing as system drives

Only one drive should be active and this is where your boot info should be located
You can mark the drive inactive following this tutorial Partition - Mark as Inactive

If you are not sure about anything feel free to ask back

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/299702-both-my-drives-showing-system-drives.html
Relevancy 49.45%

H Gang

I have a couple of ATA DVD drives that will not show up with Win 7RC. They show up in the Bios, but when I click on my computer the only thing that shows up is the HD. I have changed the cable, no change. They are getting voltage, the door opens. I know these are good drives.

Thanx...Gunny

A:ATA drives not showing up

Go into "disk management" right click "my computer" and click "manage" and see if they are "offline" if so just right click on the DVD and click "online" At least see what the status they are in.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/30006-ata-drives-not-showing-up.html
Relevancy 49.45%

i just installed a new motherboard. i had problems installing it becuse it wouldnt find my cd drives. the only time they would show is if i disconnected them then reconnected them. but each time i shut my com. down they would disappear again. i finally got everything working but know the drives arent showing up again. any suggestions?

A:cd drives not showing up

Check the cabling and jumper settings again....and again. Then try another cable.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-drives-not-showing-up.192523/
Relevancy 49.45%

This is DVD & Drives not CD up. showing my first post so thanks in advance for your DVD & CD Drives not showing up. help Recently my g WD drive crashed I install XP Pro on my backup Maxtor g drive to get going again I m on dialup so while waiting for a new Seagate g SATA drive to arrive from Tiger Direct I installed all the Service Packs updates and programs I needed Everything worked fine I got my new SATA hard drive in and installed via sata cable without a hitch I thought Now My Computer does not see my DVD burner or my CD burner In the BIOS DVD & CD Drives not showing up. it shows IDE Primary Master Maxtor IDE Primary Slave none IDE Secondary Master SATA IDE Secondary Slave none I also installed a new set of round cables at the same time but I switched back to my known good flat cables just to see if they were a problem nope all is the same Mainboard is DFI PS BL with Chip Celeron Processor MB PC Ram Can anyone help me out nbsp

A:DVD & CD Drives not showing up.

Are the optical drive jumpers set properly? You know, master and slave?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-cd-drives-not-showing-up.67923/
Relevancy 49.45%

I have a A floppy, B zip internal drive, C hard drive, D cd rom drive & Internal CD burner. And now there is another drive showing up.
And some times neither one of my cd drives will read.

A:6 Drives are showing up, only have 5

Where is it showing up ? What (exactly) shows up ? What Operating System are you running ? The more details you supply the more likely someone will understand the situation and be able to help you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/6-drives-are-showing-up-only-have-5.94463/
Relevancy 49.45%

Good Day:
I have a cd rom and a cd rw in which I installed the cd rw.
I didn't have any problems installing the cd rw and after a couple of uses my cd rom stop reading. and I have 2 drive letters coming up for my cd rw.

I'm running Windows 98

Relevancy 49.45%

Greetings and thank You in advance!
Suddenly when I plug in two (2) external hard drives, only one is showing in the file folders.
But the drive is showing on the Icon box that displays peripherals.
Hence, I can not access files to make transfers between drives.

Best Regards,
Jack

A:Drives not showing

Is the second drive new and therefore not partitioned and formatted?
Does the drive show in Drive Management and can you see properties for it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/drives-not-showing.1115122/
Relevancy 49.45%

I just installed a new asus p4s533-x mobo. that was a pain because it would not reconize my cd drives. then suddenly they showed up and everything was working fine. now they are not working again. i have tried the jumpers, switching cables, removing the 2nd ide conn. but to no avail. i am wondering if the conn. is bad because the drives show up when i conn. them to the primary channel. i even tried running my hdd to the 2nd channel and it wont show up there either. Is the motherboard bad?

A:cd drives not showing

by the way in device manager it shows that the secondry ide channel is working fine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-drives-not-showing.194124/
Relevancy 49.45%

I have a DVD Rom and a DVD Burner and neither of CD/DVD showing up Drives not them are showing CD/DVD Drives not showing up up in my computer I've been into my BIOS and can't seem to find an option that enables disables them This is my motherboard Click Here Don't know if that helps for understanding my BIOS or not I'm using Windows Ultimate Bit Also I am using Daemon tools if that matters at all or not I have one drive using Daemon tools that shows up all the time but not my real drives Oh also I checked the lower and upper registry files and I could only see one of the two Only seen upper file no lower one on both drives which didn't work when I deleted them Face to Palm Didn't think to check the cable seeing as yesterday I added some RAM and the IDE cable is a bit short when I lower the side of the case down Sorry for anyones time I've wasted reading this

A:CD/DVD Drives not showing up

Sounds like corrupted drivers. Check Device Manager for yellow exclaimation marks next to your optical drives.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/223030-cd-dvd-drives-not-showing-up.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Just recently up-graded to Windows 7 Home Premium and everything has worked fine until yesterday ...

I tried to install a few of my games and nothing would install ... I could put the CD in the drive but nothing would happen ... prior to that I had installed Rise Of Flight and FSX with no problems

SOOO ... I checked in COMPUTER and low and behold none of my drives are showin' up ... the only ones that do show are the HARD DISK and the FLOPPY

My ultimate question is ... what has happened and how do I fix it ?

Thanks

vK ~

A:DVD and CD drives not showing ...

O.K. ...

I looked in DEVICE MANAGEMENT and both drives have the yellow yeild sign over them ... when I open one to check it out I am getting this message : This device cannot start. (Code 10)

Not sure what that means or how to fix it ... hope someone here can help me

Thanks again

vK ~

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/51288-dvd-cd-drives-not-showing.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi Gang

My original Win 7 dumbed on me and I could not recover it so had to do a complete Win 7RC install. Since then I cannot get my 2 DVD drives to show up. There is power to them but when you click on computer only the HD shows up. This Win 7RC install is on a separate computer. My other computer runs XP SP3. If you want to share printers on both computers should you be in Workgroup or Homegroup.?

Any and all help appreciated.

Thanx........Gunny

A:CD/DVD drives not showing up

Quote: Originally Posted by Gunny3053

Hi Gang

My original Win 7 dumbed on me and I could not recover it so had to do a complete Win 7RC install. Since then I cannot get my 2 DVD drives to show up. There is power to them but when you click on computer only the HD shows up. This Win 7RC install is on a separate computer. My other computer runs XP SP3. If you want to share printers on both computers should you be in Workgroup or Homegroup.?

Any and all help appreciated.

Thanx........Gunny

hey gunny
Im an oldtimer so im not that fond of homegroup it seems like whenever I have tried to get xp and win 7 to talk it wasn't in homegroup. As far as your missing dvd's are concerned did you enable them in BIOS as bootible devices?

Hope this points you in the right direction

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/16112-cd-dvd-drives-not-showing-up.html
Relevancy 49.45%

hey all- i've googled this issue all over and though i've found many people with the same problem none of their 'fixes' have worked for me not showing Drives up hopefully you guys can come up with something without reinstalling vista again to make it work as a note i'm running Ultimate x and all of my hardware specs are more than enough and i'm pretty positive that's not the issue here's the rundown suddenly in the middle Drives not showing up of normal usage my drives were no longer recognized by my computer optical and virtual drives they do not show up in quot Computer quot or disk management they are recognized by the BIOS i had DaemonTools installed at the time it was the latest version i've read that could be an issue i have absolutely no idea how to get my drives recognized again - i've got some work i really need to get done and haven't been able to fix this when it happened i was using daemontools to mount images for installation and working just fine - this is the closest i can come to a culprit but nothing Drives not showing up i've done with regards to DT has resolved the Drives not showing up issue what i've done reinstalled vista because of this another issue but this just happened again uninstalled daemontools and have since reinstalled rebooted before after in between etc uninstalled devices via device manager rebooted for auto detection etc no luck downloaded latest drivers for optical drive firmware update was all i could find actually - exe won't run because it tries to detect which drive i have first and comes up negative and i'm stumped any ideas

A:Drives not showing up

Hi, cyoie, and welcome to the forums.

First off, you have only listed your OS in your system specs section under your UserCP - might want to fill in the rest so we can be sure your specs are adequate.

However, I can say this - I have had no issues using DT for the last ~2 months on Vista Ultimate x64 w/ SP1 - are you running SP1?

If so, what Antimalware software are you using, and did you install DT with the sponsor? There may be a conflict there as your anti-malware may be taking out the sponsor, which in turn may be disabling DT....

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/178102-drives-not-showing-up.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I have a bizarre problem with my Dell Dimension eh what was it looks around for faceplate that fell off Oh Dell Dimension A while ago a while being about - years someone broke the DVD drive s disc-holder-thingy off so I recently replaced the drive itself with the exact same drive from a different Dimension not DVD/CD Drives up? showing And while I was at it I replaced the old CD-burner drive which liked to break discs in half somehow with the exact same one from that other They work fine however they randomly stop working-- They re getting power so you can open close them just fine but they don t register at all on the computer In My Computer they don t show up and a game won t find the disc it needs to play Restarting fixes the problem but it just repeats the cycle making me restart again anywhere from half an hour to an entire day DVD/CD Drives not showing up? later This is extremely annoying as the computer has so much stuff on it that it takes forever to load Is there any way to I dunno reset the drives without completely restarting DVD/CD Drives not showing up? the computer Or some other way to permanently fix it nbsp

Relevancy 49.45%

Hello. I was automatically upgraded from Windows 8.1 last night to Windows 10 (64 bit). My main drives C and D are now showing up twice in Windows Explorer -- as K and L. This is confusing the heck out of my backup tool. How do I get rid of these second instances? The drive is RAID 1 if that matters.

By the way, the suggestion elsewhere to remove the two DelegateFolders keys in the registry did NOT work. I rebooted twice.

Thanks for any help at all.

A:Drives C and D showing up twice -- as K and L

Hello bvy, and welcome to Ten Forums.

You can use an option in the tutorial below to remove the duplicate drives in the navigation pane.

How to Add or Remove Duplicate Drives in Navigation Pane of File Explorer in Windows 10

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/55023-drives-c-d-showing-up-twice-k-l.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Ok i bought three drives gigs a piece for storage When installing the drives everything seamed to go well i had to use compmgmt msc to get the drives to show up As i was noticing i suddenly had three additional drives that i had no idea where they came from The original drives Storage X Storage Y Storage Z Mysterious Drives Storage K Storage F Storage E Where did these drives come from I went into the registry and foud the drives in HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM MOUNTED DEVICES I deleted the drives K F E and than up drives 3 showing as 6 physical restarted they came back When i delete the values in the key numbers for K F E and attempt to open any drive it sends me to the explorer directed at my documents Can anyone help me this is irritating me I dont want these extra drives around a 3 physical drives showing up as 6 few other notes They dont show up in compmgmt msc The fake ones that is

A:3 physical drives showing up as 6

Ok so can someone explain to me why a Layout: partition / Type: Basic woudl not show a imaginary drive and a Layout: Simple / Type: Dynamic would display the imaginary drive??

Long story short i managed to get one of the imaginary drives to disapear by taking the files and cramming it on other drives than deleting partions, and reconfiguring the drive to a partitioned/basic drive rather simple/dynamic.

What are the differences advantages / disadvantages?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/3-physical-drives-showing-up-as-6-a-293985.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi,
Recently I am facing a bug with windows 7 (build 7600 32bit) explorer. After browsing so many files explorer just did not find any drive!

Not only that then it did not able to find any thing on "control panel" also. Library looks like this,

But there is a temporary solution available. I can open drives from Start menu (or other way) while a explorer is already running.
That means it when two explorer running simultaneously then the second explorer will work fine but the first one keep searching for Drives.

But it is not possible to open drives from start menu every time! So please give me some permanent solution for this bug!

Relevancy 48.59%

I don t know what happened or why it did it but one of my HDDs is showing up as having a RAW filesystem and is no longer accessible I can t explore the drive I can t chkdsk it I can t access it in any way The only thing I can think of is that I plugged my Xbox HDD into my computer through SATA but I just can t see how that would affect it because the HDD doesn t drives filesystem showing RAW as my One of up show up as a drive in My Computer Anyway I ve tried a program called TestDisk with a little One of my drives showing up as RAW filesystem bit of hope In My Computer the drive I shows up as Local Disk I the disk is actually named quot Kelly quot don t ask why I m a a Halo nerd One of my drives showing up as RAW filesystem The program TestDisk can actually see that original name while the OS can t However I tried rewriting the proper filesystem structure to the disk using this program and it doesn t seem to work The files on this disk are important but not so much that life would end if I were to lose them I d rather not format if I don t have to but I COULD get the data back if I had to it s all stored on my server Anyways please save me a TON of time redownloading all that data and help me get this disk back I ll love you forever nbsp

A:One of my drives showing up as RAW filesystem

Raw: The volume filesystem type information is unavailable

http://www.z-a-recovery.com/unformat-tutorial.htm

Recovery Software

Try this one: http://www.z-a-recovery.com/unformat-tutorial.htm
It is free for up to four folder down, ie
C:\Documents and Setting\UserName\My Documents\My Pictures
1,2,3,4 folders down

Here are a lot free ones to choose from
http://www.majorgeeks.com/downloads38.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/one-of-my-drives-showing-up-as-raw-filesystem.123882/
Relevancy 48.59%

Under my computer, i seem to be missing 3-4 of my drives, cd rom,flash,sd. Only shows local disk C and factory image D.They were their  before.Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/drives-not-showing-in-my-computer/td-p/5754125
Relevancy 48.59%

After the recent updates, half my drives are showing as raw in win8 disk mgmt.

Win 8 Explorer wants me to format them.

They are fine - all ntfs - show up correctly in Paragon HDM12 and work correctly when I boot into win7.

Anybody else getting similar?

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/5458-win8-showing-drives-raw.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi,

1. For a long time on boot up, even though Bios Setup shows my CD & DVD drives, sometimes they do not show up on post & on Win. Explorer.

Frequently if I "Restart" the DVD shows up, but not always, & have to shut down & reboot.

I shook, recycled, renewed & cable (one flat cable going to both drives) & they show up, but then same ting all over again.

Can you help please? ..................nick

A:Solved: CD drives not showing

If you are running XP or Vista this article at Microsoft should correct the problem for you.

I have never tried the automatic fix method, but have used the manual method many times.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314060

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cd-drives-not-showing.828043/
Relevancy 48.59%

I put a new case on my Gigabyte GA-PIPE100 last night. Now it does not see any disk drives or hard drives. Ive checked cables,master ,slave wether it was comming from IDE 1 OR 2. ANY SUGGESTIONS

A:All IDE drives not showing up in BIOS

reseat cables. check orientation. check dip switches. Replace cmos battery is old.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/all-ide-drives-not-showing-up-in-bios.83278/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi. I have an ACER Laptop model extensa 5430. O/S windows 7.

My dvd-rom is showing as two seperate drives and doesn't read any cds or dvds. I have uninstalled the drivers in the device manager and restarted the PC but still have the same problem. Two drivers show up in the device manager - AXSVA K5IRC1YZ856B SCSI CdROm Device and Optiarc DVD RW AD - 7585H ATA Device.
Please help.
Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-rom-showing-as-two-seperate-drives.981317/
Relevancy 48.59%

I have a system running 32-bit Home Premium and noticed that when I open "My Computer" it shows two floppy drives - A: and B: - even though my system only has one floppy drive (and there's only one showing in BIOS setup). I tried uninstalling drive B:, but the next time I booted, it was reinstalled. I then tried uninstalling both floppies -- when I rebooted, the system promptly reinstalled A: and B:.
Any suggestions on how to correct this? It's not a critical problem, since I have only used my floppy to boot hard drive diagnostics, but it is becoming a major irritant.
Tom Filipi

A:Why do I have 2 floppy drives showing?

OMG! You found B:!!! Nobody has seen B in 2 decades.

Seriously, I'm not sure how to help? B is a legacy thing that was before my time. Were you tooling around in the bios recently?

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/177494-why-do-i-have-2-floppy-drives-showing.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I have a few USB drives (three thumbdrives and an iPod), and none of them show up in My Computer. The Device Manager shows that I have them plugged in, and they also show up in the Safely Remove Hardware panel in the system tray. I'm reluctant to reinstall Windows. I've tried using the other USB port, and other USB devices like my network adapter, printer, and wireless mouse work just fine.

I'm using Windows XP with Service Pack 1 on a Toshiba laptop with a 2 GHz Celeron, 768 MB of RAM, and a 30 GB hard drive.

Anybody know what might fix this?

Thanks.

Relevancy 48.59%

I have a Windows Vista Home Premium Acer Aspire m Until recently I did not have any trouble with the Media Card drives SD XD I recently noticed that they are no longer showing up in My Computer If I put a card in the little quot green light quot indicating that the card is in the slot does not come on And the device does not show up in My Computer When I go to Device Manager I can Media Showing Up Not Drives click on USB and other than having an quot unknown device quot there are no yellow exclamations indicating problems I have rebooted twice I have Run PC Pitstop Optimize and it did not find any problems Run AVG nightly and no viruses Ran Ad-ware and no infections I did a Media Drives Not Showing Up System Restore on because of Flash Player not working Don't know if that was the problem or not Flash Player is now working but now have the problem with the media drives Any assistance would be greatly appreciated Media Drives Not Showing Up

A:Media Drives Not Showing Up

Try finding the drivers for the media card reader on the Acer website, and reinstalling them. I can't imagine what else the problem would be, unless something came loose inside the computer, hah.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/media-drives-not-showing-up-343361.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi All,

I have quite an interesting one here in that none of my CD/DVD drives are showing up under My Computer.
I have tracked back in System restore but that didn't fix it.
I have gone into BIOS and they all show up there.
When I go into Device Manager they show with that little Yellow mark.
Whilst in Device Manager I have unistalled each of them but upon bootup they again show up with their little yellow mark.
I have placed some disks in these drives hoping that they would auto start but that hasn't worked and as they are not showing up I have no way of any options control.
Other than unplugging them and starting again what other options do you think I have???

Roy66

Relevancy 48.59%

I've finally got my PC dual booting with Vista and so begins my first trip into the world of Vista! Initially it's quite disorientating after using XP for so long. One problem I have is that my HD's are showing as SCSI disk devices together with SCSI ID's!! Anyone got any ideas on this one?

A:Drives showing as SCSI

Hi Mark,

Are you, by any chance, using RAID on your system? Depending on the system, when you have hard drives in a RAID configuration they can show as being SCSI devices. As long as your system is working correctly, there is nothing to worry about.
Dwarf

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/146695-drives-showing-scsi.html
Relevancy 48.59%

ive just reinstalled my win 2000 machine after my main scsi had a head crash.
ive finally gotten all the main drivers loaded (video sound mobo etc...)
but for some reason the 2 hard drives that are on my primary ide channel are not showing.
ive looked in the disk manager and they are both there with thier partitions but they have red X on them

anyone know why???????

they have my most valueable data

ps. they also show up in bios

Relevancy 48.59%

I have a TB showing 7 up drives RAW Windows keep as 3 in TB Seagate Barracuda SATA drive and seemingly out of nowhere it is showing up as a RAW partition within Disk Management on Windows A bit of history The drive seemed to work fine being housed 3 TB drives keep showing up as RAW in Windows 7 in a Thermaltake 3 TB drives keep showing up as RAW in Windows 7 BlacX Duet dock connected via USB to a Windows computer We just noticed that one 3 TB drives keep showing up as RAW in Windows 7 day possibly after rebooting Windows the drive shows up as RAW and we get the message quot You need to format the disk in drive K quot Fortunately the data on this drive is not crucial and what concerns me is this has happened on at least one or two other TB Seagate drives in the same dock over the past few weeks As far as I know the drives are not being abused in any way -- meaning they re not being physically moved around the docks aren t being improperly shut off or disconnected or anything like that I believe all the drives were formatted with a quick format within Windows using GPT to allow all TB to be used So the main thing I m trying to figure out is why this is happening Any tips on where else to look or any possible insight on what could be going on here Could it possibly be the dock It s random enough where it seems like it might be hard to isolate it reproduce it know when it s solved Would appreciate any thoughts nbsp

A:3 TB drives keep showing up as RAW in Windows 7

What is the model and manufacturer of the docks?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/3-tb-drives-keep-showing-up-as-raw-in-windows-7.1087865/
Relevancy 48.59%

I have Windows XP Professional, and today I poped in a CD. Nothing happened so I tried a diffrent CD, and nothing. So I went
in to My Computer and Windows XP was not seeing my 2 CD rom
drives. It only see's my floppy drive can any one help. PLEASE
PLEASE

I have a
ACER 8x4x32 CDR/RW DRIVE
PINE 52X CD-ROM DRIVE

Relevancy 48.59%

PC= Toshiba Satellite X205-SLi1

Comes with 120G HS x2 and one is missing/not showing up under my computer or even being there. Any1 have any clue to whats going on, its just like ..missing. Sadly until I was scanning around looking for my Movie folder I realized it was in my other internal hard drive which is where I found it not showing up under "My Computer" or anywhere else.

Did something come loose? It's a laptop, will this be a possibly complicated fix?

Thanks in advanced for any help or assistance as always!

Michael

A:One of my hard drives not showing up?

The "missing" drive could be bad... or loose on it's connector. You will have to open the laptop or a hard drive bay, to check and access the hard drives

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/one-of-my-hard-drives-not-showing-up.131151/
Relevancy 48.59%

I get this error Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information in the registry is incomplete or damaged Code Before I only had that in one device but I tried uninstalling rebooting and reinstalling and that resulted in two of the same error I ve already tried the Microsoft Solution with the registry editing I made a backup of my registry with my System Mechanic just in case I think maybe its possible the drives just got disconnected somehow at least I hope so They were working a day or two ago I know this because when I turn my in Drives & DVD-Rom not My showing Computer DVD+RW computer on usually I get a popup bubble saying I have items to be written to a disk I usually close that as I wouldn t be burning the backup at that moment So this is DVD-Rom & DVD+RW Drives not showing in My Computer my problem Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information in the registry is incomplete or damaged Code And I have tried both of the following Windows solution with registry deleting device and reinstalling and deleting device rebooting and reinstalling So any solutions Here is the device information NEC DVD-Rom & DVD+RW Drives not showing in My Computer DVD RW ND- A And Samsung DVD-ROM SD- T nbsp

Relevancy 48.59%

Hey I was just wondering how come when I hook four hard drives to my computer they are recognized in the bios but not in my computer and if your wondering why I have four hard drives hooked up is because I am really cheap!

Relevancy 48.59%

I've tried all USB ports with multiple different readers & flash drives/micro SD cards (all work elsewhere) without success my PC is making the noise to indicate that something has been connected but nothing shows under Devices and drives.
They aren't even showing under Disk Management.. not an issue with the USB's either as I can connect controllers etc (tried every slot) and they all work without issue.
I'd be eternally grateful for any help with this as it's causing a major headache.

A:Flash Drives not showing up?

First, please list your complete system specs and whether this is a custom build or OEM PC/laptop.

Have you tired updating you drivers?

http://www.pchelpforum.com/windows-10-a/129862-flash-drives-not-showing-up.html
Relevancy 48.59%

HP Pavilion 753n
XP operating system

there are no files on either drive (E: F:)
and i'm unable to write anything to disc.

in device manager where it allows the
install and uninstall features...
would that help remedy the problem if
i performed that procedure?
if so, once i've deleted the drive, how
do i go about installing it back again?

grrr...
this is driving me crazy and i'm not very
tech savvy either, so please
be gentle with me, lol

my C: drive has also filled to the point
of my not being able to defrag...
just seems to have spilled over to the
other drives (would that be considered partitioning?)

any help would be great
and
thank you!

Roly :)

A:CD-RW and DVD drives showing full :(

When you say you are unable to write anythign to disk, do u mean burn to the D and E disks or do u mean write to the HDD C drive? As far as the C drive being too full to defrag, run a program called CCleaner and that should at least help a little. I would suggest getting another HDD and putting that in for your data, that way you are not sharing your C programs drive with your D data drive.

Are your two CD drives unable to be burned to? Like using Nero to burn a file to D or E?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cd-rw-and-dvd-drives-showing-full-458385.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Building a new system.

6 sata ports

1- Samsung ssd
2- WD blue 1tb Sata 6gb/s
3- WD blue 1tb Sata 6gb/s
4- Maxtor serial ata 1.5gb/s drive

My bios sees all 4 drives, and when I go to device manager, all four drives are the also. Right click on either of the WD drives and it says device working properly.

On my computer, or win explorer, only the Samsung ssd and the Maxtor show up.

Any ideas? I am stuck!!

A:Drives not showing up in My Computer

I am an idiot. Drives were not formatted. Formatted under disk management for future searchers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/303964-drives-not-showing-up-my-computer.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I couldn't add a drive in disk manager either since the letter option was faded out and I don't know what the browse things about.
Please help.

A:[SOLVED] CD not showing in drives

You were attempting to change the drive letter for your C: drive which contains your Windows installation, and naturally Windows Disk Management will not let you do that!

Your CD/DVD drive is not listed anywhere in Disk Management so there's no point in trying to fix it there. Try this Microsoft "Fix it": Fix problems with CD or DVD drives that can

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-cd-not-showing-in-drives-672265.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I Went To Upload My Digital Camera Stuff And I Had To Install The Disk For It. Well My D And E Drives Both Aren't Showing In My Computer. I Don't Know Where There At Or What. My Friend Thinks There Completly Dumped But I Don't Know. I Was Wondering If Anyone Could Help Me. Is There A Site I Can Go To And Install Them? Or What? Thanks.
*Kait

A:My D And E Drives Aren't Showing

Go to Control Panel -> System -> Hardware -> Device Manager and see if the CD-ROM's appear there. If they do see if theres a problem with them.

This is a common solution to drives that have disappeared from My Computer and have one of the mentioned error codes in Device Manager: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314060/EN-US/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-d-and-e-drives-arent-showing.339111/
Relevancy 48.59%

Okay first of all I went to my computer the other day and it wasn t separated into it most drives? not 'My showing computer' s normal categories I don t remember what they were 'My computer' not showing most drives? but one of them was devices with removable storage No matter what even if something wasn t plugged in it still showed the drives Now all I see is C D a CD I have plugged in I m guessing my printer and something else I don t know what it is I plug my memory card into the slot and it is not detected at all It doesn t show up and it doesn t ping as detected I tried another memory card and that doesn t work either Please don t ask me stupid questions It worked one day and the next it didn t I didn t touch anything I didn t install anything I even reformatted my memory card and lost EVERYTHING on it hoping that would do the trick but it didn t Can you please tell me how to make it show and why my computer isn t showing all the drives and such anymore Thanks EDIT I just plugged my phone in through a front usb and it showed up The J drive popped up and allowed me to do what I wanted with it and then when I Safely removed it the drive disappeared Why doesn t it stay there Also I noticed that I always quot EJECT quot my memory card instead of safely removing them does that matter Melissa nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-computer-not-showing-most-drives.908274/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi,
Running xp with sp1 and office 2003. No new hardware or sw added since problem has started occuring.
When ever I try to insert a cd, or sd card into either my dvd, cdrw, or a usb drive the media is not recognized. If i click on the drive I get "d: is not accesible. Incorrect function. I get this same error on d, e, f, and g, all the drives with removeable storage. I have checked everything I could think of and even did a system restore to January with no luck.
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks and have a good one.

A:media not showing in drives

Do you have Easy CD Creator version 5.01 or earlier is installed on your computer?

STEP1
If the Easy CD Creator program is installed, uninstall it. To do this, follow these steps:

a. Click Start, and then click Control Panel.

b. Click "Switch to Category View" if Control Panel is not already in Category View.

c. Click "Add or Remove Programs", click the Easy CD Creator program in the "Currently installed programs" list, and then click Remove.

d. Follow the steps to completely remove the program, and then click Close to quit the "Add or Remove Programs" dialog box.

STEP2
Delete the UpperFilters and LowerFilters keys:

a. Click Start, click Run, type: Regedit.

b. Locate the UpperFilters value under the following key in the registry:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-0

8002BE10318}

c. On the Edit menu, click Delete, and then click OK.

d. Locate the LowerFilters value under the same key in the registry:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-0

8002BE10318}

e. On the Edit menu, click Delete, and then click OK.

f. Quit Registry Editor.

STEP3
Please reinstall the newer version of the software

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/media-not-showing-in-drives.213842/
Relevancy 48.59%

I am running Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit on a Compaq laptop that is 2.5 years old. Recently all the drives disappeared from the My Computer folder and the list of folders, networks, and home groups on the left are cleared out. Even the Control Panel is empty. I can however in the address bar type in where I want to go with a specific address to a folder or item in the control panel and get there. It is my wife's computer and it is driving her nuts. Suggestions?

A:Not showing drives or folders

See if "Unhide" will show everything again. http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/grinler/unhide.exe (by Grinler)
Once the program has been downloaded, double-click on the Unhide.exe icon on your desktop and allow the program to run. This program will remove the +H, or hidden, attribute from all the files on your hard drives. If there are any files that were purposely hidden by you, you will need to hide them again after this tool is run."

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/311776-not-showing-drives-folders.html
Relevancy 48.59%

So I installed two 500 GB Western Digital Blues yesterday, and they worked fine. But, after a reboot today, they no longer show up. They are in device manager and in my UEFI, but disk management doesn't show it. I reset the bios with no prevail on the issue. Samsung Magician also thinks that I am in RAID mode, so could that be why? I don't think it is because I reset the bios to AHCI. I appreciate any help given. Thanks.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/49346-hard-drives-not-showing-up.html
Relevancy 48.59%

i just installed 2 new hard drives in my computer, but they are not showing up in "my computer"
be advised my tech level is fairly low , but the since the ones that were already installed were identical to the new ones. i just hooked up everything the same.
b4 we go further= i had a friend build my system 4for me but, he is no longer availble.
my system consist of q9650 quad core 2.83 mhz
mobo- asus stryker II extreme
8 gigs of ddr3
gtx 285 graphics card
2 western digatal cavair black 640 gbs set as raid 0 data striping,
and hopefully soon to be 2 more of the above hard drives set the same.

i was into the set up screen and did not know enough to get it done. any help would be helpful

A:new hard drives not showing up

Hi ,
Welcome to the forum.
This link may answer some of your questions:-

Drive Not Displayed in My Computer After Adding New Hard Disk

Please let us know if ok

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/288368-new-hard-drives-not-showing-up.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Was checking out my partitions before dual booting my Windows 8.1 with the Windows 10 Tech Preview and found some stuff that really threw me for a loop. What in the world am I doing with two D drives and two Recovery partitions?

Relevancy 48.59%

Just installed new motherboard, two hard drives (SATA). After installing Windows 7 I can only see one of the hard drive. I think they both show up on the startup stuff. What's happening? Gigabyte Motherboard, Award bios. I have two old hard drives (IDE) that I can see. One IDE header. 5 SATA headers.

Relevancy 48.59%

Sorry for lack of showing drives not Flash up fluent tech speak I have a Sony Vaio with Windows XP it has two USB ports on the side Flash drives not showing up I ve been trying to save some files onto a flash stick All my smaller flash sticks the mb promotional kind work fine and are being read by the USB drivers on my PC However my bigger capacity ones - GB and two brand new Bytestor GB and GBs which I really need for this exercise are not being read by the PC when plugged into either port Obviously I have googled this problem as best I could and looked elsewhere on this forum and followed as much of the advice as I could understand I have visited the Bytestor website but it says that downloading drivers is not necessary and there are thus none available I have also tried checking Windows updates - all it did was tell me to upload a Security update which has completely wiped out most of my desktop shortcuts my uTorrent and all my Firefox bookmarks and there may be more stuff wiped that I haven t discovered yet I also checked on Device Manager to see if the USB hubs and controllers were working and it claims all are working properly Can anyone suggest anything else I could try in understandable language Many thanks Al nbsp

Relevancy 48.59%

Can someone help me how to solve this problem?

F drive (label: Multimedia) and G drive (label: Download) doesn't show in win7 explorer

And here's the Disk Management window

Anyone can help me with this?
I'm running on Windows7 Build 6801 32bit

I'm sorry for my English, I'm Indonesian.

A:Explorer not showing drives

Don't remember if there was a solution for that, but why are you on build 6801?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/6825-explorer-not-showing-drives.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I am currently running Windows 8 64 bit and when I go to "My Computer" it is only showing my C: drive. I know my other drives (internal, external and dvd) are working because I can enter the directory name (ie. H:\ or E:\) into the address bar and the content appears. Is there any way to fix this problem so that they show up in "My Computer"?

A:Hard Drives Not Showing Up in My Computer

There is an option in Folder Options under the view tab to hide empty drives in my computer. See if unchecking that option helps.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/30051-hard-drives-not-showing-up-my-computer.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I have a number of network drives mapped on my Windows 7 Ultimate (x64) systems. The drives show up and work fine, but are missing the descriptive names in "My Computer". This is happening on all of my Windows 7 systems.

When I map the same set of drives on a system running Windows XP, I see the descriptions as I'd expect.

The network shares are on a number of servers, all of which are running SAMBA 3.5.6. The description is set in the SAMA configuration in the usual manner:

Code:
[global]
server string = RAIDzilla II
I asked about this on the SAMBA mailing list and didn't get any answers, so I figured I'd try here.

I am attaching screen captures from both the 7 and XP systems so you can see what I mean.

A:Descriptions not showing up for network drives

Anyone? Even a guess?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/152381-descriptions-not-showing-up-network-drives.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I haven't used my external hard drives for quite a while and I am now having trouble getting the computer to recognise both a Seagate and a Simpledrive. I got them to show up once on "computer" but now they have both vanished again. Any advice please?

A:External Hard Drives Not Showing Up

do they show up in device manager?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/201051-external-hard-drives-not-showing-up.html
Relevancy 48.16%

When I login to my work computer from home using mstsc.exe I have my local drives checked under Local Devices and resources, but when I try to access \\tsclient\c$ it get an invalid path error. At work we were recently migrated from Windows XP to 7. Under XP, I was able to see all my local drives through \\tsclient\ . Is there something special I need to do or ask someone at work to do in order get my local drives to work through mstsc in windows 7?

Thanks

A:tsclient drives not showing up when using mstsc

Hello,

Try a workaround - enter the IP Address, for ex. \\10.10.0.95\c$. See if you're able to get the same results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/301991-tsclient-drives-not-showing-up-when-using-mstsc.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I know there are some similar topics, however i haven't found one that matched my situation.

Problem:
- Hard drives are working, but are not showing in My Computer

Some Info:
- Brand new hard drives
- Updated BIOS to newest one successfully
- BIOS recognizes the drives
- I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drives
- I rebooted a couple of times

Some pics:

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/241298-hard-drives-working-but-not-showing.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I upgrade to windows 10 anniversary and now my 2 external hard drive don't show. They still work i tested them on my windows 7 laptop i can see all my data. i tried looking up solution but can find one, i have no idea on how to fix it. i was messing with disk management and my hard drive don't have a latter assign to it. i tried to assign one but the option is gray out and my hard drive say unallocated but it still works on my other laptops so i have no idea on how to fix. CAN ANYONE HELP ME?

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/440690-why-my-external-hard-drives-showing.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Just installed 8.1 on one of my machines. The 100 mb "system reserved" boot partition is showing up as drive E in the drives. It does not show on my other Win 8 machine. Why would this be?
It's not hurting anything but it's kind of annoying and in the way. Is there some way to hide it?
Thanks for your help
Jim

A:Boot Partition Showing in Drives

It always has shown up in Computer Management. It is just that Windows 8.1 does it a different way in how it partitions the drive. That Boot Partition is for UEFI and has to stay.

As for annoying. Not if you do not go into Computer Management. Any partition will show up. There is no way to hide it.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/46444-boot-partition-showing-drives.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Windows Server 2008 R2
Windows 7 32 Bit

I have a Windows 7 Enterprise box that when started will only create 2 of 3 mapped network drives. This does not happen every time either, just about 2-3 days of the 5 day work week. 2 of the drives are mapped via a script, while the 1 drive that is the problem child is set through the Properties-->Profile-->Home Folder of the user on our AD box. We have set the drop down letter to H and verified the path. It is correct, as it works some days.

Any ideas what may cause this?

Thank you in advance for your time.

Stumbling

A:1 of 3 Mapped Network Drives not showing up

Quote: Originally Posted by StumblingMyWay

Windows Server 2008 R2
Windows 7 32 Bit

I have a Windows 7 Enterprise box that when started will only create 2 of 3 mapped network drives. This does not happen every time either, just about 2-3 days of the 5 day work week. 2 of the drives are mapped via a script, while the 1 drive that is the problem child is set through the Properties-->Profile-->Home Folder of the user on our AD box. We have set the drop down letter to H and verified the path. It is correct, as it works some days.

Any ideas what may cause this?

Thank you in advance for your time.

Stumbling

Why bother mapping a drive via a script??? What was there some special reason you did it that way? Seems waaaay more difficult that it has to be...

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/188750-1-3-mapped-network-drives-not-showing-up.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hey guys I apologise in advance if this is in the wrong place I wasnt sure where to post such a problem Basically the last few times I have tried to put pictures on to my laptop from my digital camera or my phone via usb ports i have been unable to directly access the camera files through My Computer nor does it load up automatically which it used to do also I can still access the files but only by opening one of them through another program such as showing in not up Computer folder Drives My Windows Media Player Then i would right click on Drives not showing up in My Computer folder the file open containing folder and then proceed to manage the files as i normally would do The only problem with this is that there obviously has to be something to open on the camera or phone and it is just a pain because it would normallt come up automatically or through My Computer I find it strange that the computer can read it ok and everything but it just doesnt show up on my computer or load up automatically anymore so hopefully there is a quick fix maybe Does anybody know why this is happening And how could i fix it Any help is much appreciated Thanks in advance Chris nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/drives-not-showing-up-in-my-computer-folder.499696/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi,

I recently get my hard drive checked by a Data recovery specialist to copy some data on it.

Now my D and E drives are not showing any data on them. The disks usage bars showing 10GB data usage onb each drive.

Can anyone tell me please how can I see my data in those drives?

Any help will be appreciated.

Regards

Relevancy 48.16%

hey guys you helped me with my computer was invaluable Now my wifes computer is an way different monster Neither one of her CD DVD drives are showing up under My Computer Also she s got pop ups that I cannot remove and constant destop casino travle etc icons that reappear I ve tried google toolbar yahoo toolbar her Optonline Popup Stopper Nothing works Every time I set her homepage CD Galore Drives Showing/ PopUps Not to Optonline net the next time I turn on her computer it s keeps going back to www search com Can you look at her Hijack This Log Maybe it holds some answers thanks- s Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Nhksrv exe C PROGRA COMMON AOL ACS acsd exe C WINDOWS System CTsvcCDA EXE c Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C Program Files Common Files WinTools WToolsS exe C WINDOWS System MsPMSPSv exe C WINDOWS system devldr exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C Program Files Adaptec Easy CD Creator DirectCD DirectCD exe C PROGRA NORTON navapw exe C WINDOWS DELLMMKB EXE C PROGRA COMMON WinTools WToolsA exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Common Files WinTools WSup exe C Program Files Netropa OSD exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Documents and Settings Dell Local Settings Temporary Internet Files Content IE WDYVSD J CD Drives Not Showing/ PopUps Galore HijackThis exe R - HKCU CD Drives Not Showing/ PopUps Galore Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http www websearch com ie aspx tb id R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http smbusiness dellnet com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www optonline net R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http www websearch com ie aspx tb id R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http red clientapps yahoo com customize ie defaults su ymsgr http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main SearchAssistant http www websearch com ie aspx tb id R - URLSearchHook no name - - C- B - - D FEC A - C PROGRA COMMON WinTools WToolsB dll O - BHO no name - C B - - B - CA - AB D D - C DOCUME Dell APPLIC MEDIAS poll sign exe O - BHO no name - AFB - C E- ED-DA E- A DC C - C DOCUME Dell APPLIC MEDIAS poll sign exe O - BHO no name - - C- B - - D FEC A - C PROGRA COMMON WinTools WToolsB dll O - BHO no name - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar Optimum Online Toolbar - B C - EDE- d -AD C- A AF - C Program Files OptimumOnline insptbar dll O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE NvQTwk NvCplDaemon initialize O - HKLM Run AdaptecDirectCD quot C Program Files Adaptec Easy CD Creator DirectCD DirectCD exe quot O - HKLM Run UpdReg C WINDOWS Updreg exe O - HKLM Run AHQInit C Program Files Creative SBLive Program AHQInit exe O - HKLM Run NAV Agent C PROGRA NORTON navapw exe O - HKLM Run MMTray C Program Files MusicMatch MusicMatch Jukebox mm tray exe O - HKLM Run DellTouch C WINDOWS DELLMMKB EXE O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run fash C WINDOWS fash exe O - HKLM Run WinTools C PROGRA COMMON WinTools WToolsA exe O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common File... Read more

A:CD Drives Not Showing/ PopUps Galore

First please download Adaware Se from http://www.lavasoftusa.com/support/download/
In Ad-aware click the Gear to go to the Settings area.
The following items should be on a green check, not on a red X.
Under the Scanning button:Scan within archives
Under Memory & Registry, Check EVERYTHING
In Check Drives & Folders, make sure all of your hard drives are selected
Under the Advanced button, Check
Move deleted files to recycle bin
Include additional object information
Include negligible object information
Include environment information
Under the defaults button Set the homepage you wish to have set as default.
Under the tweak button
Some of these may not be an available option, depending on your version of Ad-aware and your version of Windows. Do not be concerned if you cannot select a certain item.

In Scanning Engine:Unload recognized processes during scanning
Include info about ignored objects in logfile, if detected in scan
Include basic Ad-aware settings in logfile
Include additional Ad-aware settings in logfile
Include used command line parameters in logfile
In Cleaning Engine: XP/2000: Allow unloading explorer to unload shell extensions prior to deletion
Let Windows remove files in use at next reboot
UNCHECK: Automatically try to unregister objects prior to deletion
Click Proceed to save these settings. When you would like to perform a "Full Scan," switch the scan mode from SmartScan to Custom

then reboot, get the latest release of hijack from http://www.spyware911.net/downloads.htm
and post a fresh hijack log please.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-drives-not-showing-popups-galore.300150/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi guys,

This is another minor annoyance. When I insert any removable drive (USB, SD cards, etc) the device shows up twice in Explorer. Once under "This PC" tree and the other as a device. See attached pic (USB Drive H):

I remember hearing about this being the way it's designed to work, but frankly it's a bit silly - I only need to see a single entry for the drive/device...

Is there any way to get rid of one of these entries without stuffing up some other Explorer feature?

Cheers,

Mike.

A:Explorer showing removable drives twice

Hi,

This might be the answer: Drives in Navigation Pane - Add or Remove in Windows 10

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/38165-explorer-showing-removable-drives-twice.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I have several server drives mapped to my Surface Pro 3 tablet, and from time to time they disappear from Windows Explorer and XYplorer (an Explorer replacement). They are still there and mapped, as Net Use shows them mapped properly. But to get them tho show up in either Explorer or XYplorer, I have to physically remap them (right click: Map Network Drive...) and when I do so they already show up with the proper drive connection but won't appear unless I finish the remapping. XYplorer has a tool to reconnect all network drives, but nothing happens there.

Any ideas where the disconnect is?
Thanks, DaveD

A:Mapped drives not showing up on Explorer

If you use net use from an elevated command prompt (run as Administrator) you'll not see them in explorer.

You need to define them not a normal (non elevated) command prompt.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/24492-mapped-drives-not-showing-up-explorer.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi guys,

This is another minor annoyance. When I insert any removable drive (USB, SD cards, etc) the device shows up twice in Explorer. Once under "This PC" tree and the other as a device. See attached pic (USB Drive H):

I remember hearing about this being the way it's designed to work, but frankly it's a bit silly - I only need to see a single entry for the drive/device...

Is there any way to get rid of one of these entries without stuffing up some other Explorer feature?

Cheers,

Mike.

A:Explorer showing removable drives twice

Hi,

This might be the answer: Drives in Navigation Pane - Add or Remove in Windows 10

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/38165-explorer-showing-removable-drives-twice.html
Relevancy 48.16%

W98 SE, on a reboot got Sec Slave Drive-ATAPI Incompatible error message, Press F1 to resume. I do so and system boots but my two CD drives are missing. Neither appears in Device Manager list. No lights show on either drive unit after reboot but both are powered up. Checked BIOS settings but don't really understand the meanings,
BIOA Auto Detect settings are;
Pri Master: AUTO
Pri Slave: Not installed
Sec Master: Not installed
Sec Slave: AUTO
At system reboot I see the following;
Auto-detect Pri Master = IDE Hard Drive
Auto-detect Sec Slave= ATAPI CDROM
Sec Slave Drive - ATAPI Incompatible
Press F1 to resume
Since I don't use this PC(my wifes) I'm not familiar with what might have preceded this situation. Both CD's were working fine a few weeks ago. Any suggestions to cause or solution greatly appreciated.

Relevancy 48.16%

I have a cdrw and a dvdrw drive both were working fine. Now they both show up in the device manager but show the astericks saying the drivers have been loaded but hardware is not found. But they do not show up in the My computer folder or when accessing from a program except cdrwin. I uninstalled the devices and reinstalled and I also uninstalled and unplugged and restarted and then plugged back in and restarted again. And still the same message. None of my cd recording decices work except for cdrwin. For some odd reason this program recognizes the drives and records too.

Please someone help with this cause I am stumped. I tried to use a system restore point but like always they always come back and tell my that it can't restore from that point.

Any suggestions is much abliged. Thanks.

Buzz

A:CD Drives not showing up in My Computer Folder

stemed from this: I was formating a cdrw with dla program from my dvd rw drive. The drive never complete finished and got hung and I had to restart my computer because it locked up. I think that this may have been the start of the problem. This happened yesterday.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-drives-not-showing-up-in-my-computer-folder.181498/
Relevancy 48.16%

When I open up the My Computer folder it only shows devices with are not Computer' drives showing in 'My Hard removable storage Floppy drive CD DVD drive etc My C drive and my external Western Digital TB K drive are not shown anywhere on my computer I ve already made another profile to see if they showed up there but they don t I already posted two other threads and I was told to ask for help here Also when Hard drives are not showing in 'My Computer' I tried to use the gmer exe to scan my computer in the normal boot mode I got a blue screen that said something like quot Windows has encountered an error and is shutting down to avoid serious damage This error is caused by the file pxtdqpob sys quot Then when I booted in safe mode to scan the first three scans caused my computer to freeze Finally on the last scan there was only a few lines that showed in the ark txt file Well heres the DDS scan results DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Josh at on Thu Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV McAfee VirusScan On-access scanning enabled Outdated B EE - - CDE-A A-DD BA FAD FW McAfee Personal Firewall disabled B - C F- -BDA - CA DA E Running Processes C WINDOWS system nvsvc exeC WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunchsvchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcsC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k WudfServiceGroupsvchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA exeC WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exeC WINDOWS eHome ehSched exeC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC Program Files Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamservice exeC Program Files McAfee SiteAdvisor McSACore exeC PROGRA McAfee MSC mcmscsvc exec program files common files mcafee mna mcnasvc exec PROGRA COMMON mcafee mcproxy mcproxy exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXEC Program Files McAfee MSK MskSrver exeC WINDOWS system PSIService exeC WINDOWS ehome RMSvc exeC Program Files Uniblue DiskRescue UBDiskRescueSrv exeC Program Files Western Digital WD SmartWare WD Drive Manager WDDMService exeC Program Files Western Digital WD SmartWare Front Parlor WDSmartWareBackgroundService exec WINDOWS system ZuneBusEnum exeC Program Files Common Files Pure Networks Shared Platform nmsrvc exeC WINDOWS system dllhost exeC PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcsysmon exeC Program Files McAfee MPF MPFSrv exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system rundll exec PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exeC Program Files Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi DVDAudio CTDVDDET EXEC Program Files Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Volume Panel VolPanel exeC Program Files Creative Shared Files Module Loader DLLML exeC WINDOWS stsystra exeC Program Files ScanSoft PaperPort pptd nt exeC Program Files Common Files Pure Networks Shared Platform nmctxth exeC Program Files Pure Networks Network Magic nmapp exeC Program Files Zune ZuneLauncher exeC Program Files Logitech GamePanel Software LgDevAgt exeC WINDOWS SYSTEM CTXFISPI EXEC Program Files Logitech GamePanel Software LCD Manager LCDMon exeC Program Files Logitech GamePanel Software G-series Software LGDCore exeC WINDOWS system wuauclt exeC WINDOWS system CTHELPER EXEC Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exeC Program Files Elaborate Bytes VirtualCloneDrive VCDDaemon exeC WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXEC WINDOWS system CTXFIHLP EXEC Program Files Logitech GamePanel Software Applets LCDClock exeC Program Files Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamgui exeC Program Files Logitech GamePanel Software Applets LCDMedia exeC Program Files Uniblue SpyEraser SpyEraser exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exeC Program Files Logitech GamePanel Software Applets LCDCountdown exeC Program Files Logitech GamePanel Software Applets LCDPop exeC Program Files Logitech GamePanel Software Applets LCDRSS exeC WINDOWS ehome RMSysTry exeC Program Files Western Digital WD SmartWare WD Drive Manager WDDMStatus exeC Program Files Uniblue PowerSuite powersuite exeC Program Files Uniblue SpeedUpMyPC sump e... Read more

A:Hard drives are not showing in 'My Computer'

Hi Captain Meeeee,Welcome to Virus/Trojan/Spyware/Malware Removal (VTSMR) forum. I am going to assist you with your problem.Please refrain from making any changes to your system (scanning or running other tools, updating Windows, installing applications, removing files, etc.) from now on as it might interfere with our fixes. In case of making changes I shall assume my assistance is not needed any more.I see nothing suspicious on your log letting me thing this issue is malware related. Moreover, an infected machine should show other symptoms too. But we dig a little deeper.Run GMER, uncheck all boxes but let the box next to Sections and C drive remain checked. Click Scan.When it finished press Save to save the log and post it to your reply. It will not take more than a minute.Please download MBR.EXE by GMER. Save the file in your Windows directory (C:\Windows).Please run Notepad (start > All Programs > Accessories > Notepad) and copy and paste the text in the code box into a new file:[email protected] offif exist mbr.log del mbr.logmbr.exe -t ping 1.1.1.1 -n 1 -w 1000 >nulstart mbr.logGo to the File menu at the top of the Notepad and select Save as.Select Save in: desktopFill in File name: look.batSave as type: All file types (*.*)Click save.Close the Notepad.Locate look.bat on the desktop. It should look like this: Double-click to run it.A notepad opens, copy and paste the content (log.txt) to your reply.Please download OTL by OldTimer.Save it to your desktop.Double click on the OTL icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.Under Output select "Standard Output" checkbox.Set Services, Drivers and Standard Registry to All.Click Run Scan button.Two reports will open, attach them to your reply:OTL.txt <-- Will be openedExtra.txt <-- Will be minimized

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/325498/hard-drives-are-not-showing-in-my-computer/
Relevancy 48.16%

Here's a screenshot of what i mean. Q shouldnt exist and yet, it does. Also the size of the drive is 0 bytes.. I dont know how long it's been there..but it's bothering me. Could it be due to a virus? I scanned with Avira, malwarebytes anti-malware and superantispyware. They couldnt find anything. Should i be worried?

A:Extra Drives showing up in explorer

sounds like your drive is partitioned into more drives than you thought?

drive letters aren't the result of viruses.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/47823-extra-drives-showing-up-explorer.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I am running windows XP and for some reason when I look at windows explorer it shows I have a C and D drive, both with the same name and same files. I am afraid to erase the D drive because I don't want to accidentally erase the C drive. I have looked on microsofts site and found nothing. I am running an HP pavilion.

A:2 Drives Showing Up In Windows Explorer And Only One There

Hi pbman41

to BleepingComputer.

On my Pavilion, the D: drive is the Recovery partition on the main C: drive. This is the area which will restore your computer back to factory condition if everything goes wrong. GUARD IT WITH YOUR LIFE, and do not add or delete anything from it.

If that is not what it is on your PC, it may be a backup created by some program on your machine.

Cheers

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/99267/2-drives-showing-up-in-windows-explorer-and-only-one-there/
Relevancy 48.16%

I was trying to make a backup of the entire system. using the backup utility in xp pro the wizard gets me to where i am to select a drive and the only drive showing is my G drive (memory stick) . It does not list my DVD or CD drives and if i browse it just asks me to put a memory stick in drive G. Is there a way to configure this to default to another drive? I originally had xp home and did the backup no problem and then installed xp pro and came across this problem. any ideas? thanks

A:xp pro backup utility not showing drives

in case anyone is interested the answer is, i just needed to go 1 step futher and a box opens that allows you to select any drive. I just quit to soon on that one.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-pro-backup-utility-not-showing-drives.220364/
Relevancy 48.16%

i have windows xp. when i open my computer, it does not show drives, but if i do scan then it shows drives, but after sometime, it shows a data error message.

A:My computer is not showing drives in Windows XP

more than one HD or a partitioned HD? how old are the drives?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-computer-is-not-showing-drives-in-windows-xp.107347/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi,

I have been having this problem for a while now. All of the sudden, my DVD drive won't show up in My Computer. When I insert a disc, the drive shows that it's powered on, but nothing shows up on the screen. Also, I just installed Daemon Tools and I can't use/see virtual drives either. I went to device Manager and all have the yellow 'warning' sign next to them, but i can't figure out what's wrong. Any help would be much appreciated.

A:[SOLVED] Drives not showing in My Computer

Hello and Welcome to TSF,

1. Close all open programs
2. Click on Start, Run, and type REGEDIT and press Enter
3. Click on the plus signs (+) next to the following folders

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
SYSTEM
CurrentControlSet
Control
Class
{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

4) This folder is the DVD/CD-ROM Drive Class Description in the registry. Look for any of the
following names in the right hand column.

UpperFilters
LowerFilters
UpperFilters.bak
LowerFilters.bak

5. If any of the above keys shown in step 4 are listed, right-click on them and choose Delete

6) After deleting the keys, close the Registry Editor

7) Reboot your computer

8) Open My Computer and check to see if your CD or DVD drives have returned.
You may also want to open Device Manager and verify that the yellow exclamation and error code on the CD or DVD drive is gone.

NOTE: After removing these registry keys and rebooting, it may be necessary to reinstall any CD or DVD recording applications.

you can mark thread solved under thread tools tab near top of this page if this solves the problem, ty.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-drives-not-showing-in-my-computer-384098.html
Relevancy 48.16%

System Dell XPS OPERATING SYSTEM WINDOWS SP CPU TYPE INTEL R PENTIUM R CPU GHZ CPU SPEED GHZ SYSTEM MEMORY GB GRAPHICS CARD MODEL NVIDIA GEFORCE GTS GRAPHICS CARD DRIVER NV DISP DLL DESKTOP RESOLUTION X HARD DISK SIZE GB HARD DISK FREE SPACE GB A few days ago I completely wiped Computer showing existant non drives my Hard Computer showing non existant drives Drive to get rid of some serious malware and the annoying amount of useless crap I Computer showing non existant drives had stored on my system Everything seemed to be working fine and then I suddenly started having BSOD errors The stop code was xD with no listed sys files minidumps were also unhelpful giving me Probably caused by Uknown image Analysis Inconclusive Since xD is a driver issue I Computer showing non existant drives checked up on all my device drivers and made sure they were up to date The crashes first started when I was installing a game I don t really remember which and the crashes now happen occasionally when I launch games like World of warcraft or L D And it -always- crashes when I attempt to launch Battlefield or I noticed a day or two ago what is probably the source of the error For some reason when I open my computer it shows that I have two CD DvD drives one lsited as D the other as F And two CD-RW drives one listed as E and the other as G I only have one CD DvD drive and one CR-RW so clearly something odd is happening here Device manager only shows two drives and the drives are connected i e I put a disk in my DvD drive and it shows the disk as being in both D and E After seeing this it made more sense that the crash always happen if I try to launch Battlefield It requires a disk to play but don t always happen with my other games Event Viewer confirms that the crashes are associated with a Disk drive error when I launch something and get a BSOD two errors come up in the event log Type Error Date Time PM Source LDMS Category None Event User N A Both are listed as that but the two have different details one appears to be my CD DvD drive the other my CD-RW quot The Logical Disk Manager Service failed while registering for device handle notifications on device ide cdromsony dvd-rom ddu fds amp f fe amp amp f d-b bf- d - f - a c efb b Win Error quot --------------------------- quot The Logical Disk Manager Service failed while registering for device handle notifications on device ide cdromsony cd-rw crx e ds amp f fe amp amp f d-b bf- d - f - a c efb b Win Error quot I went to update the drivers for two the drives and wasn t able to the driver installer for the CD-RW says that the only disk drives on my computer are the fake and real DvD drives The DvD driver starts but then when I click install gives me an error or sometimes has the same problem as the CD-RW driver and doesn t recognize that I even have the drive nbsp

A:Computer showing non existant drives

You could try using Device Manager to uninstall/remove both drives, and then shut off your machine and unplug them. When restarting verify that no CD/DVD drives show in Explorer. After that power down again and plug the drives back in and Windows should autodetect and reinstall them for you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-showing-non-existant-drives.844636/
Relevancy 48.16%

The DVD drives in my machine do not show up in the removable devices section of Explorer under Computer. They are listed under the hard drives section and there is no removable devices section shown.
Some of my applications cannot detect that there is a DVD drive attached to the system because of this.
As an related problem, USB devices do not show as removable storage also.
I've tried re-installing the devices for the DVD drives but no change to the situation.
Can anyone suggest a solution? The problem has persisted since I did a clean install of Win 7 Pro.

A:DVD drives not showing as removable devices

Quote: Originally Posted by steveci

The DVD drives in my machine do not show up in the removable devices section of Explorer under Computer. They are listed under the hard drives section and there is no removable devices section shown.
Some of my applications cannot detect that there is a DVD drive attached to the system because of this.
As an related problem, USB devices do not show as removable storage also.
I've tried re-installing the devices for the DVD drives but no change to the situation.
Can anyone suggest a solution? The problem has persisted since I did a clean install of Win 7 Pro.

Hi Steve and welcome
This might be as simple as a driver. Can you go into device manager (type device manager is search) and check the dvd drive tab. Is your device listed? does it have a yellow explanation on top?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/91833-dvd-drives-not-showing-removable-devices.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I have 2 new external hard discs do show on my computer .They are running but not showing in PC.What to do ? Thank you

A:External hard drives not showing up

Hello,

I'm not completely certain that I understood your situation. I wonder if it's possible to clarify the question? Otherwise Disk Management is a good place to start looking for a missing HDD.
If the HDD is brand new you might need to initialize it. This is needed if below the disk it says ?Not Initialized?. Right-click on the Disk that says ?Not Initialized? and click ?Initialize Disk?. Then you will have the option to choose between MBR and GPT. If the drive is more than 2 TB you should use GPT, if not you could use MBR as well. Once the Disk is listed as Basic and online right click the unallocated space and click create a ?New Simple Volume?. For the file system choose ?NTFS? if you want to use the HDD on Windows.

Hope that helps.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/external-hard-drives-not-showing-up.205942/
Relevancy 48.16%

I have some drives being mapped in a logon script that is set up on my domain account on a Windows 2003 server system. They map fine under Windows XP, however I have just set up a new Windows 7 system to begin testing and logged on with the same account, but the drives are not mapped. So I am guessing the logon script is not running, but I'm not sure. I searched the web for this issue and others are having it, but there were no definite answers that I could find. Surely someone else has come across some information on this issue.

Thanks. Have a happy Thanksgiving.

A:Mapped drives not showing on Windows 7

win 7 box added to the domain?
in the same OU as the xp box?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/mapped-drives-not-showing-on-windows-7-a-530959.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Just like the title says, I can't see any of my drives in Windows Explorer and I can't figure out why. The Disk Manager knows they are there and they are even labeled properly (the hard drive as C; and the dvd drive as D but they won't show up in the Explorer window. I just recently switched from XP, so am I missing something or what? If you need any more information just ask. I dont know what else to provide right now.

A:My drives are not showing up in Windows Explorer.

Welcome to SevenForums Balian,

Can you make a screen shot or use the snipping tool of what it looks like in

Windows Explorer ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...en-forums.html

" Doc "

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/28038-my-drives-not-showing-up-windows-explorer.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hey everyone I saw a post about using Windows Disk Management in XP to combine disks into one I am interested in doing this See my job provides me on occasion with a salvage computer that is more often than not in perfect working order though dated and I scavenge the harddrive from it I have a Gig IDE and a gig IDE I did say dated didn t I and I want to combine them My main drive is a Gig SATA plugged into SATA port When I plug in the gig as RAID(?) showing not IDE drives Problem, up a slave for this particular drive it s no jumper it works the drive shows up but as Disk in Disk Management which I want to not have but when I plug in the Gig as a slave which in this drive s case is this configuration in addition to the gig drive still in slave neither shows up Does one have to be in Master mode Wouldn t that make it my boot drive How do I make it not show up as Disk I want my main SATA disk be Disk Anyways it just seemed that you all were the best people to ask since the question in the other thread was answered so well Any help would be very extremely mucho appreciated Thank you all in advance HaLo FrEeEk nbsp

A:RAID(?) IDE Problem, drives not showing up

check your MB manual for sata configurations
check boot device priority thats where you'll find the boot drive order
I'm guessing the drive needs cable select if there's no place for jumpers
don't raid th 4gb at all senseless
you must have raid capability's for the on board chipset
or get a raid pci .pci-e card
slot or bus must be bootable to bios
you can't raid diff types of drives
I:E sata to ide or scsi to sata
I don't know if a ide to sata converter would work to make raid work on sata controller
for me I would use the 4gb for backup to a backup of special data
not big enough for stand alone xp pro
if your going to put any amount of programs running on the machine
I have a 4gb as a stand only cnc controller thats all its good for
now if your into dos or nt maybe win98 the 4gb would be a nice play field
good luck
keep play'n in there
PS
you can make the 4gb a folder in on of the other drives after to get it to show up

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/raid-ide-problem-drives-not-showing-up.96185/
Relevancy 48.16%

Iam running a desktop PC with windows XP along with a 160GB seagate SATA hard disk.
The drives apart from C:/ are not shown in MyComputer recently although C:/ is running properly as my OS is working sound. Previously i had two more drives (namely d:/ and e:/) worth 50GB each.
Since there was some important data there, i wish to retrieve it.
Any suggestions? please help !

have a look at disk defragmantor

A:Other drives not showing/opening in MyComputer

Hi and welcome to TSF.

How to use Disk Management
To start Disk Management:

Log on as administrator or as a member of the Administrators group.
Click Start, click Run, type compmgmt.msc, and then click OK.
In the console tree, click Disk Management. The Disk Management window appears. Your disks and volumes appear in a graphical view and list view. To customize how you view your disks and volumes in the upper and lower panes of the window, point to Top or Bottom on the View menu, and then click the view that you want to use.

NOTE: Microsoft recommends that you create a full back up of your disk contents before you make any changes to your disks or volumes.

How to view the properties of a basic volume
To view the properties of a partition or logical drive:

In the Disk Management window, right-click the partition or logical drive that you want, and then click Properties.
Click the appropriate tab to view the appropriate property.

Troubleshooting
Disk Management displays status descriptions in graphical view and under the Status column of list view to inform you of the current status of the disk or volume. Use these status descriptions to help you detect and troubleshoot disk and volume failures. The following is a partial list of disk and volume status descriptions:

This is the normal disk status when the disk is accessible and functioning correctly.
Healthy
This is the normal volume status when the volume is accessible and functioning correctly.
Unreadable
The disk is inaccessible because of possible hardware failure, corruption, or I/O errors.

To troubleshoot this issue, restart the computer or rescan the disk to try and return the disk to Online status. To rescan the disk, open Computer Management, and then click Disk Management. On the Action menu, click Rescan Disks.

For a complete list of disk and volume status descriptions and troubleshooting procedures, see Disk Management Help. In the Disk Management snap-in or Computer Management window, click Help on the Action menu

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/other-drives-not-showing-opening-in-mycomputer-872274.html
Relevancy 48.16%

My system is showing 3 DVD drives and I only have 2 optical drives - a DVD drive and a second DVD-RW drive. It is even appearing in Disk Management as a 3rd DVD drive. I recently just replaced my CD-RW drive with the DVD-RW drive, but I don't know why it would create this phantom 3rd drive. I used the same connectors internally when I swapped them out. Any Ideas?

WinXP Pro SP2
SATA HDD
DVD Drive
DVD-RW Drive
Internal ZIP Drive

Thanks.

Relevancy 48.16%

Hi all, I recently got Windows 7 64 bit.
the day i got the machine home and running, i connected my USB harddisk and installed some stuff i had backed up from it.

But suddently i dont see the USB drives when i connect them, i have 2 and none of them is detected, or will they are detected and the "Safelly Remove Hardware and Eject Media" icon comes up in my right lower corner as it should, and when i click it my devices is shown by their propper names and i can safely remove them aswell. but they are not shown under "my computer" and my anti virus dosnt scan them aswell.

Tho if i plug in my USB flash pin from my key ring it finds it, anti virus scans it and it shows up just as it should.

Can anyone help me solve this as im really confused by now.

A:Win 7 Suddenly Stopped showing USB Drives

Welcome to SF, Jimkromann.

Could be a driver conflict.

Type MSCONF, go to startup tab, and uncheck everything EXCEPT microsoft items (for testing purposes).

Reboot and see if your usb devices are recognized.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/125912-win-7-suddenly-stopped-showing-usb-drives.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hey everyone, I posted this topic in the internal hardware section, but I was advised to ask if anyone thought this could be a virus or not. The problem is whenever I open my computer, my C: drive and external K: drive are not showing. Only my removable drives are showing. I ran Spybot - Search & Destroy, Malwarebytes Anti-maleware, and Uniblue SpyEraser; to my knowledge they did not show anything wrong. In case anyone wants to look at my previous post, here it is: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/323726/hard-drives-are-not-showing-in-my-computer/

A:Hard drives are not showing in 'My Computer'

Have you personally performed any manual drive letter assignments, or has everything been left to default drive letter assignment?

edit added:
another possibility comes to mind...if you have used any master boot record modifying software such as Roxio Go Back (there are other programs that cause this, Symantec among them...and we can't rule out malware), then it is likely that Windows will not be able to access the drive in Windows XP, even when the hard disk appears in Device Manager and in Disk Management console.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/324790/hard-drives-are-not-showing-in-my-computer/
Relevancy 48.16%

I've done a reinstall of Windows 10 today. I unplugged my internal storage HDD's to isolate the SSD for the install, wiped the SSD, and reinstalled 10.

Now it's installed, I've plugged my 2 internal HDD's back in, started up Windows, and neither drives are showing. Neither in device manager or in Explorer. What could be the issue here, and how do I resolve it?

Any advice is much appreciated.

A:Internal drives not showing after reinstall

Originally Posted by abibee

I've done a reinstall of Windows 10 today. I unplugged my internal storage HDD's to isolate the SSD for the install, wiped the SSD, and reinstalled 10.

Now it's installed, I've plugged my 2 internal HDD's back in, started up Windows, and neither drives are showing. Neither in device manager or in Explorer. What could be the issue here, and how do I resolve it?

Any advice is much appreciated.

Check in Disk Management to see if they've been assigned Drive Letters.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/40158-internal-drives-not-showing-after-reinstall.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I was trying to install elementary OS alongside Windows but when the installation was finishing it crashed. When I went back to Windows my hard drive didn't appear and now it says in Manage>Storage>Disk Management Disk 1 Dynamic - Invalid i posted a picture of this.I tried with Ubuntu then on the other disk same thing happened. Is there a way to get them back to normal without losing the data?

A:2 of my Hard Drives aren't showing the data

Go to: Downloads | mh-nexus , scroll down and select English/portable edition and download.Unzip and right click on HxD.exe and select run as AdministratorClick on Extras->Options and uncheck "Open disk as readonly by default"Click on the HD icon and select the disk (#1 from screen shot)select sector 0 (#2)From address 1C2, if it shows: 42 then change it to: 07 (#3)Reboot and run chkdsk /f X: where X is the drive letter.

NOTE: Since you've done something with UBUNTU, I am not sure if any damage done with it. Try it with one disk first.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/53062-2-my-hard-drives-arent-showing-data.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Flash drives digital cameras showing Computer not in Flash drives, My cameras and other USB devices don t show up in My Computer Flash drives, cameras not showing in My Computer when I plug them into my laptop When connected the devices can be found listed in Device Manager but not in My Computer and no window opens to view files when first plugged in When I first got this laptop months ago all was working fine I suspect the problem is related to an incident where my anti-virus detected a virus in the auto inf file on a Fuji digital camera I had connected at the time and right or wrong I deleted the auto inf file on the camera I assume auto-inf is the auto-play program file so I m not surprised that the Fuji doesn t show up any more but the problem is now generalised to all USB memory devices How can I re-install the auto inf file on the camera and how can I jig my laptop to recognise external USB memory devices nbsp

A:Flash drives, cameras not showing in My Computer

You may try running Tweak UI and see if it helps recover USB device recognition for drives. Go to settings showed on the following screenshot:

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/flash-drives-cameras-not-showing-in-my-computer.801214/
Relevancy 47.73%

So just as the title says. I've look up fixes to see if it is a registry problem but for the standard fix my situation doesn't apply. Plz help I really don't wanna re-install again.

I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

A:Rom drives work fine but not showing up in my computer.

How do they "work fine"
Are you able to copy files, install software, play music, etc?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/rom-drives-work-fine-but-not-showing-up-in-my-computer.889140/
Relevancy 47.73%

I have two usb drives used for backups that have the same files. When checking properties the capacities are identical as well as the size of the files and directories. However the used space on one drive is 300 mg higher than the other. Any reason for this and can the used space made the same as the other?

Relevancy 47.73%

I've been having a random problem with my usb drives or ports for at least six months now with in showing usb drives/ports explorer Problem Sometimes when I plug one in I can hear the system sound that it makes but Problem with usb drives/ports showing in explorer the little auto play window that usually appears allowing me to choose how to open it such as with explorer does not appear and there is no icon when I open up My Computer nor does it show up in device manager When it does show the usb drive can sometimes take over a minute I'm assuming to read the drive before the icon will show up in explorer It doesn't seem to matter which usb port that I plug it into and I tried gently wiggling the drive a bit to see if it might be a bad connection but no luck with that What's really frustrating is that it doesn't happen all the time One minute it will work and the next time I go to use it I Problem with usb drives/ports showing in explorer plug it in and nothing but the little system sound no auto play window and no icon in explorer Out of seven usb drives that I have most of the time it happens to the same drives plus my external HD that is not to say that it never happens to the other usb drives for whatever reason it rarely is a problem with the others Could it be corrupt drivers To eliminate the possibility of the usb drives being faulty I tried them in my other desktop computer and my laptop and they all work fine I have had an external HD that I was using for data storage and backup with the same problem when plugging in to the usb port It has been two months since it has shown up in explorer and as I am writing this I tried plugging it in and wouldn't you know quot PING quot it shows up with no delay Just like that AARRRR If anyone has some thoughts on this please share your insight Thanks

A:Problem with usb drives/ports showing in explorer

In the Device Manager look under Storage controllers and USB Serial bus controllers to note any yellow marked items. You can even delete any composite item under USB and restart the system to see Windows refresh the usb controller driver set to allow for better detection at times.

Under Storage controllers like the external HD you would want to check for updates to insure the controller for the external drive is installed fully to see that prompted detected when plugged in. A run of the System File Checker sfc /scannow at the Start>Run command line to run the system tool wouldn't hurt any either.

As far as flash drives some brands simply will not be detected or work swiftly on some systems while they seem to work well on others. After trying out numerous brands and sizes I generally tend to stay with the one or two that seem to always work no matter what machine or usb hub in fact they are plugged into. HP and PNY flash drives for example are good ones to avoid since they tend to problematic! San Disk works on most old cases and is more commonly sold in retail chains. Other better brands include Kingston, OCZ, Crucial, etc going by the better memory manufacturers as a reference.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/260604-problem-usb-drives-ports-showing-explorer.html
Relevancy 47.73%

My PC showing some wierd error "this folder is empty" for C , D and F drives. My PC ran into this problem when the OS was Windows 8.1 and I recently updated to windows 10 still the issue is haunting . Please help me out , below I have attached screen shots of the issue.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/69836-drives-showing-folder-empty-error.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Is there a way to get it to not show multiple drives when there's no cards inserted? Meaning showing the drive in explorer only when something is inserted.

This is an internal card reader by the way. Thanks!

A:Card reader showing mutiple drives

I don't think you can do this. It's kind of like removing the DVD drive when no DVD is inserted. Is it necessary?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/card-reader-showing-mutiple-drives.88140/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi,

My problem is with all the users files on the file server don't all show-up. Some stay as 'My Documents'. Please see attached.

I believe there is something to delete within the folders to make it show the names properly, but I can't remember.

James.

A:Solved: Files showing on network drives

It is the desktop.ini file. Sorry to bother you with such a simple request.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-files-showing-on-network-drives.1081281/