Windows Support Forum

RE: Wrong CPU speed. BIOS help needed

Q: RE: Wrong CPU speed. BIOS help needed

So I got this new computer right, and the processor's supposed to be an AMD Athlon XP2600+ CPU. The motherboard's got DDR333 slots, and I'm told the RAM I have is DDR400.

When I start up the computer, it says AMD 1150 Mhz, and that the memory frequency is DDR200. Surely thats not right, so is there somewhere in BIOS I can go to fix this problem?

Any advice would be most appreciated.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: RE: Wrong CPU speed. BIOS help needed

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 70.09%

My old CPU was 2.40GHz and I replaced it with a 2.53GHz. System information and BIOS still show it as 2.40GHz. One thread said go into BIOS and change the CPU setting but I can't do that in my BIOS, it just states what the CPU is and the speed, it doesn't give the option to change anything. Is there anything I can do, or is this enough information? I have XP SP2 and an ASUS P4G800-V motherboard. Will clearing the RTC RAM do anything for me? I'm looking at the manual for my board and it mentions that. I know just enough about computers to mess things up really bad, that's why I'm here asking for help first.

Relevancy 70.09%

Hello,
Firstly I should state that I've never overclocked before and know almost nothing about it.
I'd being having problems with my PC so I decided to update my Bios to the latest version (I'm using an MSI motherboard if thats important??). This seemed to work fine, It didn't solve my initial problem but thats solved now. I've noticed though that my AMD XP processor is now running at 1250mhz when it should be running at 2000mhz. I have no idea how to fix this and would greatly appreciate any help/advice anyone can offer.

Thanks in advance.
Rick.

A:Flashed Bios now cpu is at wrong speed, Please help

Well I'm not familar with the XP BIOS settings, but you should have two things, an FSB clock setting, usually 200MHz and a CPU multiplier setting, usually X9 to X11. So that 200X10=2000MHz.
But it seems to me that you might have installed the wrong BIOS, very odd that default settings for your mobo would have changed to that degree.
Did you try setting BIOS to fail safe defaults?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/flashed-bios-now-cpu-is-at-wrong-speed-please-help.36803/
Relevancy 69.23%

I have recently upgraded the ram on my HP ProDesk G i - S computer from x GB to x GB using GSkill Sniper nbsp memory sticks part number nbsp F - C D- Ram Speed Bios Setting Wrong Upgrade After GSR The new nbsp memory nbsp sticks nbsp were nbsp tested on nbsp another computer and known to be working OK nbsp My HP ProDesk recognises the correct amount of ram nbsp and boots successfully However after nbsp running nbsp cpu-z to check the ram Bios Setting Wrong Ram Speed After Upgrade settings it appears the bios has underclocked the ram from mhz to mhz The original x gb of HP ram were running correctly at mhz I have checked the bios setting and confirmed it is now set at mhz There are no bios settings that nbsp I can find that allow me to manually nbsp adjust the nbsp memory setting nbsp I have checked the HP manual which states memory must be nbsp - industry-standard -pin nbsp - unbuffered non-ECC PC - DDR - MHz-compliant nbsp - volt or volt DDR DDR L-SDRAM DIMMs nbsp - support CAS latency DDR MHz - - timing nbsp - nbsp contain the mandatory JEDEC SPD information nbsp From what I can nbsp tell the GSkill Sniper memory sticks meet these requirements nbsp On checking the nbsp Newegg website I found the following statement listed under the specifications for this memory - to reach rated memory speed enabling Intel XMP profile or manual BIOS tuning is required nbsp Is there an issue with my HP computer nbsp reading the ram settings If so is there something else nbsp in the ram specifications that I should be looking for when selecting new ram for my computer

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/Bios-Setting-Wrong-Ram-Speed-After-Upgrade/td-p/5599213
Relevancy 67.51%

I updated the bios for my computer and when i retsarted the computer it just starts up and alls i can hear is the fan spinning and the screen doesnt come up

Can anyone help me out please?

Relevancy 55.47%

ok after i formatted i noticed internet installing immediately question programs+another needed speed after all Speed reduced explorer opened instantly but then after installign the programs i Speed immediately reduced after installing all needed programs+another speed question need like dif spyware removers all popular ones like spysweeper trillian pro gmail notifier visual basic limewire breitt technologies BUDDY REMINDER magic iso iso buster nero aim divx player IE didnt open as quickly anymore and i cant think of anything im pretty good with comptuers all of my knowledge is from using them sicne age i actually run a computer repair business but im clueless why my computer speed as been affected so soon i have a pentium intel celeron cpu ghz now gb ram win XP home i watch what starts with my comp everythings fine i have two hard drives they may not be set slave master but i realy dont think thats it if you DO but have other suggestions also PLEASE tell me both because i dont think that is it i think i have a gb and a gb hard drive with PLENTY room free cant really think what else to tell you my other question was i used this program AShampoo WinOptimizer version and i chose for it to quot run desktop and taskbar as seperate process more stable uses more memory though quot do i want to use that if so why thank you SO MUCH for reading you dont get how much i appreciate it

A:Speed immediately reduced after installing all needed programs+another speed question

What firewall do you have? what security programs do you have installed

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/speed-immediately-reduced-after-installing-all-needed-programs-another-speed-question-144881.html
Relevancy 52.46%

DISCLAIMER Spelling and grammar impaired I think i spelled that right Processor Intel R Core TM Quad CPU Q GHz Mhz Core s Logical Processor s installed memory GB GB usable lt --dont ask X ddr system type -bit operating System OS Version Service Pack Build System Manufacturer Gateway lt ---might be the issue System Model FX System Type X -based PC Hardware Abstraction Layer Version quot quot motherboard intel corp DG SXG chipset p g g SMBIOS Version BIOS intel corp bios bios i installed... wrong 1283, error think. DPP J A lt --- issue this bios seems to be for the DG bu but even worst it is for vista xp http downloadmirror intel com eng DG BU SpecUpdate pdf video card bfg tech GeForce gts not that it matters i have it overclocked to core shader memory Usually it maintains a temp of in idle - in game max setting but at time of error it was factory set yes i know that is a bit on the hot side ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Two weeks ago i could run Skyrim game only using it as a base for performance diff on full detail with a good number of mods Not any issues aside from moments of lag from graphics jump FPS i moved the computer into a different room There was no dropping or banging around of unit On reboot i get the blue screen of death this is the actual screen shot i took http i photobucket com albums e intellectualjoke get-attachmentaspx jpg I reboot and first off i get quot quot the AA number has not been programmed on the system press the enter key to continue quot actual failed picture of error ignore flash you get the idea also ignore the nastyness of the monitor my computer bios error 1283, wrong bios installed... i think. wasnt working so roomie wanted to swap till it was fixed i dont even want to bios error 1283, wrong bios installed... i think. think about what is on it http i photobucket com albums e intellectualjoke - - - - jpg After hitting enter it goes through bios these are not my start up or bios but what it should look like more or less First http i photobucket com albums e intellectualjoke images jpg Then to http i photobucket com albums e intellectualjoke photo- jpg Then the normal windows boot screen It then starts loading windows and freezes up The freeze is quick and followed by a flash of the blue screen of death says same thing as the previously linked blue screen then reboots Rinse and repeat I tried as many things as my patients could handle to save that installation of windows but alas prompt functions are limited In fact i think it was in the quot trying to save windows quot phase that i caused my issues I navigated to my c cabs file and re-installed what i thought was the proper bios i have no idea why an improper copy would be there specially considering it was the only one in there It installed but still no boot-up so i navigated to my partition and reformatted Reformat went without a hitch windows started up great and i don t notice much performance issue within the actual UI well that are visually noticeable anyways But on first boot the AA error was still there and now i had a different bios load screen not mine but is exactly like my new bios screen http i photobucket com albums e intellectualjoke Intel-DP LT-bios- jpg Certain things wont load -PCI simple communications controller -Different types of USB devices I have video of all this but i can not upload them due to a MTP USB Device driver issue it loads it updates but will NOT recognize the hardware prior to issues everything was plug and play Games CTD with no error message not that skyrim is the most stable but all my games CTD the duration of time till CTD differs even within the same game same save spot I know it isn t my video card running out of memory or overheating because i monitor everything in game with with EVGA Precision This is my first forum post asking for help ever Usually Google is all i need I let others swallow their pride and look like chromos... Read more

A:bios error 1283, wrong bios installed... i think.

It would either need to boot far enough to load the new BIOS via floppy/USB, or the BIOS chip would need to be removed and flashed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bios-error-1283-wrong-bios-installed-i-think.1036872/
Relevancy 49.88%

System Asus AGP Wrong speed? P S X mobo latest BIOS Wrong AGP speed? Pentium B Radeon Pro MB Cat GB Corsair two DDR sticks Windows XP Pro SP Here s the issue - games seem to not produce the expected FPS it used to Example an old game like Counter Wrong AGP speed? Strike - where I used to get constant FPS in any situation now I have massive framerate loss whenever there are people on the screen The drops fluctuate quickly - - - - - - - - etc VERY quickly This is NOT Source I m talking about CS I did a clean install of Windows XP Pro with SP slipstreamed First thing I did was installing the latest Catalyst driver Problem - SmartGart would not turn AGP on It would stay at the off position after setting it to x x the only positions available and rebooting immediately when prompted Issue seemed to have been solved after installing the P S X AGP drivers AGP speed is currently set at x However the fluctuate frame rates did not go away This resembled the issue I had when my laptop wasn t speed stepping correctly Mhz when it should be MHz Problem - Thinking the CPU was underclocked I downloaded CPU-z and checked the clock speed The CPU looked fine MHz However checking the Mainboard tab revealed the AGP quot Transfer Rate quot was at x and the quot Max Supported quot was x This puzzled me as I know the Asus P S X is an AGP x board I plan on sticking the Radeon into another machine that I have verified with CPU-z has max AGP transfer rate of x Is CPU-z known to wrongly report AGP speeds Remember I said x x were the only position available could the max speed of x mean x x and x x Did I miss anything in my troubleshooting Thanks all nbsp

A:Wrong AGP speed?

Some things you might try.
1 Do you have fast writes enabled in the bios? If so, try disabling them. If they are disabled, try enabling them.

2 Chipset drivers should be installed before the video driver. I would uninstall your video driver with the ati uninstall app. Now reinstall your chipset driver and then install the CAT driver and control panel. Are you using the new cat control center by chance? If so, that is somewhat buggy. I like the driver with the older version of control panel; it is still available from ati.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wrong-agp-speed.310798/
Relevancy 49.88%

I just upgraded my PC today to an Athlon 2600, 2 x 512MB DDR RAM, and a Gigabyte GA-7S748 motherboard. I had to reinstall WinXP and when I look in the System Properties window I get the following uder the General tab.

Computer:
AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2600+
1.92GHz
1.00 GB of RAM

Does the "1.92GHz" mean my processor is running slow?

Relevancy 49.88%

Ran a wrong up, I my think something I speed HElp pc have me hijack this log I think I have spyware or other malware clogging me up Please help by telling me what I can delete Thank you Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgchsvx exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System WLTRYSVC EXE C WINDOWS System bcmwltry exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files AVG HElp me speed my pc up, I think I have something wrong AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Documents and Settings Nick and Ashley Desktop Protection damn Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamservice exe C WINDOWS system WLTRAY exe C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C Program Files Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgnsx exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Program Files AVG AVG Identity Protection agent bin avgidsmonitor exe C Program Files WinZip WZQKPICK EXE c Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files AVG AVG Identity Protection Agent Bin AVGIDSAgent exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Apple Application Support distnoted exe C Program HElp me speed my pc up, I think I have something wrong Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support SyncServer exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Documents and Settings Nick and Ashley Desktop Protection HijackThis Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http google com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C PROGRA MICROS Office GRA E DLL O - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll O - HKLM Run Broadcom Wireless Manager UI C WINDOWS system WLTRAY exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run RTHDCPL RTHDCPL EXE O - HKLM Run Alcmtr ALCMTR EXE O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run Adobe ARM quot C Program Files Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe quot O - HKLM Run AVG TRAY C Program Files AVG AVG avgtray exe O - HKLM Run APSDaemon quot C Program Files Common Files Apple Apple Application Support APSDaemon exe quot O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run SpybotSD TeaTimer C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe O - HKCU RunOnce FlashPlayerUpdate C WINDOWS system Macromed Flash FlashUtil q Plugin exe -update plugin O - Startup OneNote Screen Clipper and Launcher lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office ONENOTEM EXE O - Global Startup WinZip Quick Pick lnk C Pro... Read more

A:HElp me speed my pc up, I think I have something wrong

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything. We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here. To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/433555 <<< CLICK THIS LINK If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.*************************************************** If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS and GMER log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.
Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system. If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.*************************************************** We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links if you no longer have it available. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scr DDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE We also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit Scanner. Please note that if you are running a 64-bit version of Windows you will not be able to run GMER and you may skip this step. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic: Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal Advice Then create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here: How to create a GME... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/433555/help-me-speed-my-pc-up-i-think-i-have-something-wrong/
Relevancy 49.88%

hello everyone i wondered if anyone maybe able to help with my problem i ll give you as much info as possible i have had to go back and use an old computer now as my primary and have reinstalled and and such to get to how i want it the problem i have found is that th CPU since i started to use this is only running at ghz i know it has been a while since i built and used this computer but im know that the CPU is over wrong speed CPU a ghz im not the best when it comes to bios setting to change that sort of thing but in the past i have managed by pure blundering to change these things sometimes having to reset board jumpers the CPU is a amd athlon xp dont remeber what one but i CPU speed wrong know it is for sure over gig the mobo is a msi K N Delta series nvidia nforce chipset based fsb gig of ddr ram Basicaly i ned to CPU speed wrong get the speed back to where is should be for that board and CPU so that i can do the things id like to do with it any help will be apprecaited if we can get this sorted then i ll look at and ECS board and bios problem nbsp

A:CPU speed wrong

It would seem the FSB has been reset to 100MHz & simply need to be set back to 166MHz. In order to do so, it's better to look for the manual that came with your motherboard or if you've lost it, download it in PDF format off the manufacturer's website.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-speed-wrong.50307/
Relevancy 49.45%

hi there!
i have an athlon 2800xp cpu,but in my system(win xp)
it shows only athlon 2100xp(since i changed the mobo)K7VM2.
please help.
matrix

Relevancy 49.45%

Hi again! When I built my computer I installed a 2.1 GHz processor. However when the system boots up, it says that the processor is a 1.4 GHz. Is my processor defective or something else? I have an Athlon.

thanks a lot

A:wrong processor speed

Have you checked your bus speed in the BIOS?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wrong-processor-speed.192252/
Relevancy 49.45%

When i boot it shows my ram as and its My motherboard General Information Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd Gigabyte Product GA-MA -DS Version x x Serial Number Unspecified Support MP Yes CPU s Version MPS Chassis Information Manufacturer speed?? Reading wrong as RAM Unspecified RAM Reading as wrong speed?? Type Desktop Version Unspecified Serial Number Unspecified Asset Unspecified Sensor Information Hardware Monitoring ITE IT F On-Board Device Information Embedded Controller No Slots Information Slot PCI Available -bit v v Slot PCI Available -bit v v Slot PCI-Express x v External Connectors Serial Compatible DB- male Serial Compatible DB- male Parallel ECP EPP DB female Keyboard PS Mouse PS USB Access Bus USB USB Access Bus USB USB Access Bus USB USB Access Bus USB USB Access Bus USB USB Access Bus USB USB Access Bus USB USB Access Bus USB USB Access Bus USB USB Access Bus USB Internal Connectors PRIMARY IDE On Board IDE FDD On Board Floppy COM Pin Dual Inline pin cut COM Pin Dual Inline pin cut LPT DB female Keyboard PS Mouse PS USB USB USB USB USB USB USB USB USB USB My RAM is General Information A RAS Double Bank A RAS Double Bank A Empty A Empty Information SPD EEPROM A Manufacturer Kingston Part Number - A LF Serial Number A DB Type DDR -SDRAM PC - MHz - DDR - Format Regular UDIMM x Size MB ranks banks Module Buffered No Module Registered No Module SLi Ready EPP No Width -bit Error Correction Capability No Max Burst Length Refresh Reduced x s Self Refresh Voltage SSTL v Prefetch Buffer -bit Manufacture Week of Supported Frequencies MHz MHz MHz CAS Latency tCL clocks MHz clocks MHz clocks MHz RAS to CAS tRCD clocks MHz clocks MHz clocks MHz RAS Precharge tRP clocks MHz clocks MHz clocks MHz Cycle Time tRAS clocks MHz clocks MHz clocks MHz Min TRC clocks MHz clocks MHz clocks MHz Information SPD EEPROM A Manufacturer Kingston Part Number - A LF Serial Number DB Type DDR -SDRAM PC - MHz - DDR - Format Regular UDIMM x Size MB ranks banks Module Buffered No Module Registered No Module SLi Ready EPP No Width -bit Error Correction Capability No Max Burst Length Refresh Reduced x s Self Refresh Voltage SSTL v Prefetch Buffer -bit Manufacture Week of Supported Frequencies MHz MHz MHz CAS Latency tCL clocks MHz clocks MHz clocks MHz RAS to CAS tRCD clocks MHz clocks MHz clocks MHz RAS Precharge tRP clocks MHz clocks MHz clocks MHz Cycle Time tRAS clocks MHz clocks MHz clocks MHz Min TRC clocks MHz clocks MHz clocks MHz Memory Controller Information Memory Controller Standard EDO Number of connectors Max Module Size MB Max Memory Size MB Supported Speed ns ns Supported Voltages v Error Detection Method -bit ECC Error Correction Capability None Current Supported Interleave -way -way Can someone please tell me how to get my ram to run at Mhz instead of Mhz nbsp

Relevancy 49.45%

AM USING MERCURY MOTHERBORD OF WHICH ITS SPECIFICATIONS ARE THAT IT IS 2000+ PRO PROCESSOR.
MY PROBLEM IS THAT XP ONLYS SEES 785 MHZ. WHY?
WHAT CAN I DO SO AS TO BE ABLE TO SEES THE FULL 2000MHZ <2.0GHZ>.
BYTHE WAY ITS SLOW. A PENTIUM 3 IS FASTER THAN THIS.

OHH PLEASE HELP. KSTEVEY. [email protected]

A:Wrong Processor Speed

Well we need some more details here.

AM USING MERCURY MOTHERBORD OF WHICH ITS SPECIFICATIONS ARE THAT IT IS 2000+ PRO PROCESSOR.
What model is the motherboard, and what do you mean specifications are that it is a 2000+ pro processor. Is it campatiable with that model processor or does it actually contain it? Check some of your BIOS settings.

WHAT CAN I DO SO AS TO BE ABLE TO SEES THE FULL 2000MHZ <2.0GHZ>.
BYTHE WAY ITS SLOW. A PENTIUM 3 IS FASTER THAN THIS.

When it comes to these style AMD's their naming structure is not relavent to it's speed, sure it says 2000Mhz but really its only 1667Mhz max.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wrong-processor-speed.570649/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hello all, I'm hoping you can help me out.
My setup is:
AMD 1.1 proc
256 DDR Kingston Memory
Asus A7M Motherboard

My problem is that I did a reformat last week, and now my computer reads the processor as an 850 instead of 1.1
Anyone know of a way to correct this? Hopefully without reformatting again.
Any help would be appreciated.

A:Processor speed wrong

You need to change the multiplier/frequency settings in the BIOS for the processor.

Go up one step at a time, until you get to where you need to be.

If all of a sudden your computer wont boot, reset the CMOS.

**NOTE EDIT**
Reformatting should have nothing to do with it, the only thing that changes is the hard drive. What's wrong is in your BIOS. However, I'm not too familiar with that low speed processor but I'm more than certain it is a BIOS problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/processor-speed-wrong.6233/
Relevancy 49.45%

Some of you may have read my last topic... but this concerns my GOOD xp computer rather than the old crappy one which I upgraded.

Anyway, just tonight when I plug a usb device in, it is taking ages for the computer to recognise it and sometimes it won't recognise anything being plugged in at all. One time I even got that 'plug into hi-speed port' even though all the ports are usb 2.0

Just started to happen, made no changes to the system or devices...

No yellow question marks on device manager.

Thanks guys

A:Hi-speed ports - going wrong.

Update your drivers, if that doesn't work it's possible you have a faltering mobo.

Regards,

Brandon

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/hi-speed-ports-going-wrong-140581.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I recently upgraded my CPU from 650mhz to 1000mhz but on reboot it shows up as 750mhz what can i do to show correct CPU speed is it a BIOS thing?

Relevancy 49.45%

hi there i have another problem i have an amd athlon xp well thats whats it meant to be i had to us a reboot disk to get the pc back to it orginal state wrong showing Cpu speed. as i had too much spyware and to many Cpu showing wrong speed. viruses to cope with but when after the reboot the number upon startup in the left corner which said amd TM and now it says amd TM please help as my system has been badly affected and is soooo slow the cd was supplied by time as it is a time computer also i Cpu showing wrong speed. had used the cd twice before but this happened on the third time i have attempted OC ing and was a bit of an almost disaster but i was out of m mind when i oc ed and nothing happened to my processor so if anyone has any suggestions i would be very grateful as i really need to professional help thanks people pc specs amd athlon quot quot nvidia geforce fx gb ram gb maxtor hard drive cd rom drive writer drive in card reader nbsp

A:Cpu showing wrong speed.

Post moved to it`s own thread.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-showing-wrong-speed.84618/
Relevancy 49.45%

can anyone help i have a amd athlon 1800 ghz cpu but it is showing only 1200 ghz how can i change this

Relevancy 49.45%

Hi, I have a Q8400 @3.3GHz, but in My computer > Properties It only says 2.66, This was working some time ago, but now it wont, whats the problem? can i change some registry files to make it correct? please help!!

A:Wrong clock speed!

check this thread Cpu Speed

and try this software CPU-Z to check whether windows misread your Cpu clock

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/87564-wrong-clock-speed.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I just finished building my new christmas pc . It runs great, but the only problem is that my memory is supposed to be DDR3 1600, but when I boot my pc on the black screen ( BIOS post? Something like that ) it says something like DRAM 800. My Motherboard supports up to DDR3 1333.

So my question is, how do I overclock this memory to 1333?
On the stickers on the side of the sticks it says 9-9-9 @ 1.65v, which is the latency I think.

This is my memory.

A:Wrong Memory speed

Download and run CPU-Z and go to the "memory" tab. (this is a handy app to have anyway)

Make sure the memory is in "dual channel" mode and if it's 800Mhz dual channel, you have 1600Mhz RAM.

You can also go into the BIOS...if you built the computer, you will know how to get into the BIOS. There will be memory configuration options there. Make sure you are at the right speed and voltage.

However, your POST screen "should" be showing 1600Mhz. Most POST screens I have seen tell you the actual speed. You could try using the "pause-break" key to stop the POST so you can have a look at it. Use the "print-scrn" button to continue with the POST.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/50048-wrong-memory-speed.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hey I d really appreciate anyone s help in this matter When I right-click on My PC and select quot properties quot the following is displayed quot Intel R Core TM CPU Ghz GHz GB Ram quot As you can see the processor is an Intel Core Duo E that is supposed to have a frequency of GHz I Wrong Processor Speed got my new computer a week ago and yesterday i ran CPU-Z and it detected that the Core Speed was GHz This matches the above mention system properties So my question is Why is this happening What s the problem and Are ther any solutions Here s my complete equipment description Gigabyte GA- P-DS Motherboard iNTEL Core Duo E processor Ghz FSB MHz Mb Cache GB Kingston DDR Mhz MSI NXI tc with NVIDIA Geforce TurboCache Soundblaster Audigy Platinum EX I would really REALLY appreciate anyone s help since this is a new computer and I want to make sure it s working alright Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 49.45%

Would be great if anyone has any ideas why my Athlon64 3700 is showing varying clock speeds. Sometimes as low as 900 Mhz or so.

Relevancy 49.02%

I just installed a new processor (xp2400) into my comuter. The clerk said this should be equivalten to 2 ghz, but windows is reporting this as an XP1800+ running at 1.49ghz.... Is there something that I need to change?

Relevancy 49.02%

hi everyone the processor speed is wrong when i check it under my computer gt properties here s what happened my laptop dell inspiron intel celeron something mhz xp home girlfriends laptop compaq amd something mhz xp pro sp i upgraded my laptop from xp home to xp pro sp using girlfriends cd it went fine upgrade... wrong sp2 processor after speed xp when i checked the properties of my computer it showed that my processor speed is only mhz the cd had a label saying quot for compaq pc only processor wrong speed after xp sp2 upgrade... quot i know i shouldn t be using her cd but since she s my girlfriend i think that s ok and its not like i m giving it off to anybody my laptop is the only one that used that cd it wasn t even open when i used it should i try and reinstall windows using my own cd or is there a way to work this out without reinstalling again Thanks for your time processor wrong speed after xp sp2 upgrade... reading this and sorry if its lengthy nbsp

A:processor wrong speed after xp sp2 upgrade...

Still what you did is illegal.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/processor-wrong-speed-after-xp-sp2-upgrade.323936/
Relevancy 49.02%

I had similair problems as here:
http://forums.techguy.org/showthread.php?threadid=136457&

In BIOS I selected Load optimal configuration and set the cpu-speed
to 2500+ (AMD-processor). Save and exit.
The first time it seems to work but when I restart the computer
the cpu-speed says 1100 mHz (which I read in the BIOS was the
internal frequency).
The second problem is that I cannot shut down the coumputer in any
other way then to shut down the power.
Thank you for any hints.

Relevancy 49.02%

I recently upgraded to Windows 7, and in Xp my overclock showed correctly. As 333X10.5=3500 but even though my bios settings are still the same and all c1e is turned off, windows 7 is showing that i have 266x10.5=2800. cpu-z shows this aswell, including asus utility (every program i've tried has said the same)

Any ideas as to why windows 7 shows this? and is windows 7 really underclocking my system? or is this just windows 7 showing inaccurately?

A:Windows 7 showing wrong CPU speed.

Don't forget to turn off both C1E halt state and also "speed step", unless the bios settings were messed with that should work. But in most cases and if you aren't overclocking those settings can save power and are very useful.

Make sure you aren't using one of those lame Windows overclock utilities because they will mess with your bios settings big time.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/50134-windows-7-showing-wrong-cpu-speed.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I?ve been running my CPU (Q9400) overclocked at 3.2 Ghz since I put windows 7 in, I have just changed my RAM and can now get my CPU to 3.3Ghz, only a little more I know but Windows reports the CPU at 3.2 Ghz still, CPUz is reporting 3.3Ghz, same as bios.

No big deal but does anyone know why it might do this?

A:Windows 7 reports wrong cpu speed?

I have seen Windows do this before. It's so close, Windows is not a precision tool. Trust the BIOS and CPUZ when it comes to CPU frequency.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/55145-windows-7-reports-wrong-cpu-speed.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi,

I am running Windows XP PRO on my intel P3- 733mhz. When I was in Win98 and Win2000, windows was reading my computer as a 733, But since I have installed XP it reads my computer as a 433. However, when my computer starts up, on the black screen, it does say CPU spees: 733. I am assuming that windows right now is running at 433. I would like it to run at the speed at which it should be, a 733.

How can I fix this?

A:Windows XP reading CPU speed WRONG!

Where are you getting the info in XP that says XP thinks that its a 433? Could you post it here please?

All versions of Windows should pick up the speed of the PC from the BIOS settings. If the BIOS is still showing it as a 733 at startup then XP should also be showing it as a 733.

Causes of faulty speed pickup range from bad PSU or flaky external power supply, to faulty mobo or incorrect multiplier jumper settings.

If XP definitely says its the wrong speed, please post back some more details of your system and its specs, particularly mobo.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-reading-cpu-speed-wrong.75446/
Relevancy 49.02%

hi guys got a strange one for you,
im running vista 32bit home premium, i've been having a few issues lately but...
only noticed it today but under my system information, my clockspeed appears to be wrong (or its just confusing me)

control panel > system and maintenance > system

System:
Proccessor: Intel(r) Core(TM)2 CPU 6700 @ 2.66Ghz 1.00Ghz
Memory (RAM): 2046 MB

th 1.00 Ghz bit confuses me can anyone shed some light on this one?
is it my cpu on the way out?
or is that my FSB?
or something else entirely?

Cheers
Simon

A:Solved: cpu clock speed wrong?

Do you have CPU throttling enabled.
If so,it is showing that the second core is throttled down
because it's not being used at this time.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cpu-clock-speed-wrong.790133/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi,
I have purchased a new AMD 64 4000+ OEM processor to replace my old AMD 64 3200+ processor. The BIOS recognises it as a 2.4GHz processor, but when I go into contol panel, performance/maintenance, and then system in windows XP it only shows up as a 1.73GHz speed. I then put my old 3200+ proccessor back in and it only shows a speed of 998MHz instead of the specified 2.0GHz. Is this just because windows doesn't recognise AMD processors very well. Or is something wrong?
Many thanks.

Relevancy 48.16%

I installed this cpu in my Optiplex sSpec Number SL T Processor Frequency GHz CPUID String F h Package Type pin Core Voltage V- V Bus Speed MHz Thermal Guideline W Core Stepping D Thermal Spec C L Cache Size KB Manufacturing Technology micron L Cache Speed GHz Bus Core Ratio Spec Update http developer intel com design celeron documentation htm According to the setup this is the info for the cpu cpu speed is quot normal quot bus speed is quot quot instead of processor id is quot F quot cache size is quot KB quot bus speed is a real bottleneck and the cache size is wrong too What is happening and what can be done about it Setup isn t giving me any options except to change quot normal quot to quot compatable quot and to slow the clock speed I loaded wrong side optiplex is 240 front bus speed the older bios as suggested elsewhere on the site the original bios was giving the wrong bus speed as optiplex 240 front side bus speed is wrong well Omardufus nbsp

A:optiplex 240 front side bus speed is wrong

The 100MHz bus is correct, you have a 2.8GHz "Northwood" Celeron CPU, the bus runs at 100MHz and is quad-pumped (sends 4 instructions per clock cycle instead of the traditional 1), so Intel's marketing department calls it "400FSB". It doesn't actually run at 400MHz. A 533FSB bus actually runs at 133MHz, and an 800FSB bus at 200MHz. The 128KB cache is correct, that's all the Northwood Celeron has, the Northwood Pentium4 has 512KB (and also runs at a higher FSB, either 533FSB or 800FSB, although some cheap models were sold with a 400FSB). The "core ratio" is 28, that means it runs the CPU at 28 times the bus speed, 28 x 100MHz = 2.8GHz.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/optiplex-240-front-side-bus-speed-is-wrong.708199/
Relevancy 48.16%

My pc is runnin at like half speed. i tried doin a virus and spyware scan and it found a Win32 trojan downloader.qoologic or something, i suspect that thats the problem, cause like everything opens up slow and my games all run at like 10-12 fps instead of about 20-30 fps.
What the hell is its problem, need help!!!!!!

My pc has 3.0GHz
1 GB RAM
9600 Ati
by all rights it should be better then it is at the moment

Relevancy 48.16%

I installed windows 2000 on my old IBM Aptiva with a 400 mhz AMD K6-2 processor, 100 mhz front side bus. Now my computer will only run at half speed. A diagnostic program tells me my FSB is running at 49~mhz. Any clues?

The updated Bios is set right when i run the setup utility.

Relevancy 48.16%

hey everyone, I recently bought an HP lap i5 6200U, according to intel it suppose to be 2.80Ghz maximum but on my task manager and system properties it shows 2.40Ghz, at the same time sometimes on task manager the speed goes all the way to 2.70GHz,

A:system properties showing wrong GHz speed

Hi, CPU uses a technology called SpeedStep technology. It won't run its full speed if NOT required and it can bump up its normal speed when required. More information:          https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SpeedStep Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/system-properties-showing-wrong-GHz-speed/td-p/5736148
Relevancy 48.16%

If you have a core duo CPU that is not running at full stock speed the reason is Intels SpeedStep So for example E stock speed is ghz x ghz lt --stock x ghz lt -- speed step reducing power at idle E stock speed is ghz x ghz or ghz lt -- stock speed x ghz or ghz lt --speed step reducing power at idle When your PC is at idle speed step kicks Speed Not or Running / Full Low C2D Multiplier Wrong in to C2D Not Running Full Speed / Wrong or Low Multiplier reduce the mulit C2D Not Running Full Speed / Wrong or Low Multiplier and vcore This allows lower power consumption and heat Its basically the same as AMD s Cool-n-quiet When you put your system on a full load speed step should put the stock multiplier back To better understand how to figure out the default or stock multiplier you will need to know what your CPU s rated FSB is C2D Not Running Full Speed / Wrong or Low Multiplier For example All Allendales E xxx or C D Pentiums E xxx are rated at mhz They are Quad Pumped so you divide by mhz All the older Conroes E are rated at mhz mhz Newer C D E ect are rated at mhz mhz So to determine your actual or default multiplier for examples E ghz lt -multi E ghz lt -multi E ghz lt -multi E ghz or lt -multi this would be rounded You can use a handy tool to monitor your multiplier with CPU-Z To simulate a load try using Orthos Stress Prime That is one easy program to load dual or quad core CPUs In running that program it should force your multiplier back to its normal stock setting Its also a handy tool to help you determine if you have a stable system thermal and CPU Memory wise And here are examples of other threads created Core Duos that seem to confuse people E showing at GHZ Kentsfield Q Core Speed only Ghz Can someone tell me why the GHz is next to the Ghz e with a mind of it s own Newb builder why is my CPU not running at its speed Bios Info Speed Step is also known by C E and EIST Enhanced Intel SpeedStep Technology You can find these setting in your bios Not all bios are the same but usually have both C E and EIST as separte functions To disable speed step completely you will need to disable both C E amp EIST Also when EIST is disabled you should be able to adjust the CPU ratio or multiplier higher or lower which will force it to stay at that specified multiplier and specified vcore So on a CPU that has a multi of the choices will be - You will not be able to go higher then the original stock multiplier unless you brought the Extreme Edition Intel CPU I ve done some tests that Zorg has offerred to me to try Now with C E disabled and EIST enabled I can go into windows and bring up CPU-Z to see what is going on When you bring up Power Options from the control panel and switch it to quot Always On quot CPU-Z should show the stock multiplier even at idle and the vcore should be at stock voltage v And when you switch it to quot Minimal Power Management quot then CPU-Z will drop the Multiplier to its lowest and the vcore should drop below stock voltage I ve tried it with my system OC d and it still works fine nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/c2d-not-running-full-speed-wrong-or-low-multiplier.758557/
Relevancy 48.16%

OK, just bought two used laptops with fresh installs of XP. They are identical Gateway 450ROG's that have 1.4 P4 M processors. However, right clicking my computer shows a P4 M 1.4 running at 587 mhz. I looked int eh BIOS and it shows a 1.4. It's plugged into power. I remember there's a setting on laptops to throttle it back under battery power but don't know why this is doing so, on both, on A/C adpater power.

Can someone point me in the correct direction?

Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-computer-reading-processor-speed-wrong.549680/
Relevancy 48.16%

I have a SONY Handycam that uses MP120 8mm Video Cassettes. I used this Handycam to tape home videos. When I use the playback feature on the Handycam it seems as if it is playing back in a slower speed. When I connect the Handycam to my computer and play back, it does the same thing. It is as if the camera was recording at a wrong speed. Is there any way I can control the speed of the video camera via computer, so that I can get the home videos transferred to DVD?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/8mm-home-video-playback-wrong-speed.199460/
Relevancy 48.16%

I have a RAID 1 server with a 3.0GHZ processor. On occassion the POST screen reports the processor as 6.0GHZ and the BIOS screen reports it as 1.4GHZ. It may also return a "machine Check architecture error. After several reboots the error will go away and reappear later on a reboot. The BIOS does not allow BUS speed modifications and the Processor is locked out from overclocking. I see no jumpers on MB for this either.

Does anyone have any ideas about what is going on with ?

A:System reports wrong processor speed

Do you have the latest BIOS for your motherboard?

BTW, Welcome to Techspot!!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/system-reports-wrong-processor-speed.72695/
Relevancy 48.16%

I have a P3 800. When i right click my computer sometimes i get 796mhz which is fine but sometimes Windows tells me i have a 647mhz processor which is odd. I downloaded a seperate benchmark program (Freshdiagnose) and that agreed with Windows on both occasions. My Bios gets it right though. Does anyone have any ideas? Will programs and games perform at the speed it says in Windows?

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can give me.

Tom

Windows XP Pro
IBM Thinkpad T21
P3 800Mhz
512 RAM

A:Windows shows wrong processor speed.

Laptops usually scale back the processor speed to save heat and power consumption, when full speed is not required.

You do not have a problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-shows-wrong-processor-speed.348784/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi, i have a fujitsu siemens amilo laptop with a intel centrino pentium m processor, supposed maximum clock speed 1.60ghz, the thing is the laptop never goes any faster that "600mhz" even when the power settings are set to "always on" and i am running heavy demanding apps, i tested the speed with a few cpu speed test programs and i still get the "600mhz" minimum speed, i checked in bios and the clock speed is 600mhz for some strange reason? why arent i getting 1600mhz in bios?, it doesent matter whether it's plugged in or on battery i still get the miserable 600mhz

why am i only getting 600mhz?

Relevancy 47.73%

How to utilize motherboard fan speed control when your fan has the wrong connector I recently ordered the Vantec TD H case fan appropriately wrong has control your speed connector the fan utilize when fan to How on-board named quot Tornado quot After it arrived I soon learned the misleading spec on Newegg quot Power Connector Pin quot actually means quot -pin connector with the RPM sensor in a separate -pin connector quot Since the -pin connector is How to utilize on-board fan speed control when your fan has the wrong connector always at V the fan was always at maximum speed and the quot Tornado quot was so loud I couldn t How to utilize on-board fan speed control when your fan has the wrong connector even hear my own thoughts Rather than go through the hassle and delay of returning it I decided to make it work Here s how soldering required Obtain a -pin connector for example from a failed fan Solder as follows P ground black from -pin connector to ground from fan connector black for the How to utilize on-board fan speed control when your fan has the wrong connector standard -pin Molex connector P V red from -pin connector to V from fan connector yellow for the standard -pin Molex connector P RPM sensor yellow or white from the -pin connector to RPM sensor directly from fan usually yellow or white Note this step is not required if your motherboard fan speed control does not use feedback from the fan This was the case for my Compaq Presario where fan speed is only dependent on CPU usage Plug the -pin connector onto the motherboard fan speed control pins The original connector should not be plugged in So far this has been working fine for me Feel free to reply with any questions comments nbsp

A:How to utilize on-board fan speed control when your fan has the wrong connector

One thing isn't clear to me. Isn't the 3 pin connector supposed to be plugged into the motherboard. Some, though not all, motherboard fan power feeds have a sensor for the 3 pin connector that comes with the fan. The molex is an alternate power feed for the fan, although as you said always full speed.

Did you not have a free motherboard connector or was the cable too short? Maybe I just misunderstood.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-utilize-on-board-fan-speed-control-when-your-fan-has-the-wrong-connector.95593/
Relevancy 47.3%

I posted a message a few weeks ago, had a prompt reply, but I never answered back, so I'll repost my problems.

1 My PC is stuck for quite a few seconds(maybe a minute) on this startup screen

Channel 0 Master: st312002gas
Channel 1: No device

The cursor blinks for almost a minute and then starts up windows. Everything else is pretty fast.

2 I bought a 2 GHz processor, yet at the startup my PC shows a speed of 1.4 GHz. Unless I got ripped off by my vendor, what else could be the problem?

3 I have a Microsoft multimedia keyboard, and when I try putting the PC into sleep mode, a window pops up which tells me that my keyboard is preventing the PC to go into sleep mode. I downloaded the latest driver, but that just doesn't do. What should I do?

Thanks a lot for your help. I appreciate all of you guys hard work

A:Slow start up, wrong speed, cant put the PC to sleep mode, Java

1. in the bios, setup the hard-drives and take off autodetection.

2. It's a 1700+ athlon.

3. No idea.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-start-up-wrong-speed-cant-put-the-pc-to-sleep-mode-java.196758/
Relevancy 47.3%

I have a 20mbps upload with my ISP and I'm getting around 18.5 consistently. I've started using Zoolz for backing up and I have been assured it does not throttle the bandwidth. It reports it is uploading at around 15-16mbps which would be absolutely fine but Task Manager and NetSpeedMonitor show the upload speed as considerably lower.

I've attached a screenshot showing the difference but I was wondering if Task manager and NetSpeedMonitor could be wrong at all? It seemed quite coincidental that the speed reported by Zoolz was roughly what I would expect. Is there any sort of traffic that wouldn't show with Task Manager?

I've sent log files off to support but I don't want to bug them too much if it's actually some sort of Windows glitch. Any insight appreciated.

A:Can Task Manager report completely wrong network speed?

Task manager only reports what the adapter is capable of. What you are seeing is the Cloud app average speed in Task manager for Zoolz. The speed in the Dashboard is probably going off of what your ISP average speed to that connection is.

Without knowing what router manufacturer & model, how you are connecting to the network, who your ISP is. Really just taking shots in the dark here.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/50266-can-task-manager-report-completely-wrong-network-speed.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi I seem to have the wrong bios installed on my computer my mother board has onboard graphics which have not been used but did work as there has always been a better graphics card in the agp slot and the onboard disabled the graphics card is now playing up and I would like to go back to onboard graphics but it is no longer displayed in device manager I have checked in the bios and can see nothing about enabling it I have tried removing the graphics card and plugging the monitor into the on board vga socket with no effect over the years the comp has been reformated a few times I have tried installing the drivers from the mb disk Wrong bios but there is no VGA install button on my mother boards disc s menu although it shows it in the mb book It appears that the bios I have is for the basic mb jetway P XFM and mine is the P MFM but when I try to replace the bios it says it does not match and will not install sorry this is so long winded but any polite sugestions would be much appreciated many thanks pete XP pro gig ram Jetway P MFM m board nbsp

Relevancy 46.87%

i m wondering is there something like du meter...i remember once i saw my friend's mac and his net speed meter was very tiny running in his taskbar (mac finder bar) n it was so sleek and stylish.
i use du meter but i want to get rid of it, is there anything same as that of mac that i put it in taskbar,i mean some software coming in taskbar to show net speed.
basic reason is,i dun use anything on desktop,all clean,i wanted a change.
i hope u ppl know something like this,i will wait for reply.
awais.

(ohh to let u know,which OS m using,its win 7 ultimate x64,and i need that software for it).

A:mac like net-speed meter needed...

well there is Hoonetmetre it shows it in the Notification area, and has a little window which can be put on top of the taskbar in the unused space, i know this isnt exactly what your looking for, but this is the best i can think of, maybe someone else knows a better one though

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/46520-mac-like-net-speed-meter-needed.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I had my mouse speed set at the max on 1024x768 but now I just bumped my monitor resolution up to 1280x1024 and it seems that the mouse speed is not high enough. How can I fix this problem.

Relevancy 46.87%

Hey new member here I have a problem with my Powercolor Radeon X XT In the Catalyst Control center in the override tab my Core and memory speed is too low according to what they SHOULD be They are Core Clock Speed Mhz it Should be Mhz and I can rasie it too Memory Clock Speed mhz It should be Ghz and I can rasie it too The temperature is according to teh control center C Ive tried driver Cleaner Reinstalling windows Bios update all teh different ATI drivers including the omega ones Different version of Direct X and dMark - And My speed GDDR clock PowerColor Radeon 3 wrong X1800XT 512mb fps and scores are lower than they should be For instance in dmark I get marks PowerColor Radeon X1800XT 512mb GDDR 3 wrong clock speed Ive checked all the cables and they all look like they should I recently got my computer and built it myself and ive been looking forward for some eyecandy in my games but now im starting to dislike ATI Can anyone help me my specs Pentium Ghz -bit Corsair Value S PC DDR x GB Western Digital mb RPM Hiper type-R W Silent db ATI Radeon X XT GDDR PCIex- ASUSP ND -SLI nForce SLI Intel GB LAN Saitek dpi gaming mouse Logitech Media Keyboard Elite If its due to the nForce chip and Nvidia and ATI not quot working together quot is there any solutions And I got an SLI nForce board due to me getting dual Nvidia Cards in some years when DX or is around nbsp

A:PowerColor Radeon X1800XT 512mb GDDR 3 wrong clock speed

hmm that is odd. your core speed is off and your memory is even farther off (82mhz could boost you a lot >_< ) Do you have the latest nforce drivers? how bout your bios? have you checked your clock settings there? set your PCIe to default (i think its 100mhz) and yea.. jus check around in your BIOS and make sure everythings ok there.

I would call PowerColor right away and demand some answers about this 'crippled' card

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/powercolor-radeon-x1800xt-512mb-gddr-3-wrong-clock-speed.45910/
Relevancy 46.87%

I have recently been getting no pictures showing up on webpages just the blank format of where a picture is supposed to was section.? as Help please, wrong Needed Thread in moved be I am runnin windows vista and somehow this trojan has disabled me installing any anti-virus programs and disabled windows defender without allowing me to enable it here is my log file and thanks in advance James Log file Logfile of Trend Help Needed please, Thread moved as was in wrong section.? Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files SiS VGA Utilities SiSTray exe C Windows RtHDVCpl exe C Program Files C amp E OSD osd exe C Program Files Spare Messaging MessagingApp exe C Program Files HP Wireless Adapter HPWLan exe C Program Files Syncrosoft POS H O cledx exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Sony Ericsson Mobile Application Launcher Application Launcher exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update hpwuSchd exe C Program Files Windows Live Family Safety fssui exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Windows System rs net exe C Users Jamesy AppData Local Temp winlogin exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Users Jamesy Program Files DNA btdna exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMBgMonitor exe C Windows System rs net exe C Windows System svchost exe C Windows System svchost exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Program Files Common Files Teleca Shared Generic exe C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMIndexStoreSvr exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqbam exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqgpc exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEUser exe C Program Files NoAdware NoAdware exe C Users Jamesy AppData Local Temp Low exe C Users Jamesy AppData Local Temp Low exe C Program Files BitTorrent bittorrent exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Users Jamesy AppData Local Temp csrssc exe C Users Jamesy AppData Local Temp Low exe C Users Jamesy AppData Local Temp Low csrssc exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Windows system Macromed Flash FlashUtil a exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Program Files Windows Live Toolbar msn sl exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www thetechguys com welcome R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http uk rd yahoo com customize ie arch yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www thetechguys com welcome R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http uk rd yahoo com customize ie arch yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http uk rd yahoo com customize ie arch yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http uk rd yahoo com customize ie arch yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhost O - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - no file O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Windows Live Toolbar Helper - BDBD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files Windows Live Toolbar msntb dll O - BHO C Windows system ... Read more

A:Help Needed please, Thread moved as was in wrong section.?

Hello and Welcome to TSF.

Please Subscribe to this Thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant notification by email, then click Add Subscription.

Please note that the forum is very busy and if I don't hear from you within three days this thread will be closed.

If you're not receiving help elsewhere and still require assistance for this issue, please follow the process outlined here:

NEW INSTRUCTIONS - Read This Before Posting For Malware Removal Help

After running through all the steps, you shall have a proper set of logs. Please post/attach as instructed.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your next reply.

------------------------------------------------------

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/help-needed-please-thread-moved-as-was-in-wrong-section-315621.html
Relevancy 46.44%

H/W diagnostics info:
Windows XP Personal Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3
Manufacturer: Acer
System Model Aspire L100
Board model: FC51PVG
Motherboard ID 12/28/2006-nF-C51PVG-6A61HFK7C-00

BIOS vendor: Phoenix Technologies, LTD
BIOS version: 6.00 PG, Release date: 12/28/2006
Chipset: nVidia C51G

windows XP homeED SMBIOS Version 2.4

everest shows Award BIOS Message This BIOS is exclusively for Acer only <R02-A3>

when i look at the bios utility before it boots using the (delete) key shows;
system bios ID r02-a3

this system is a desktop not a powerbook or laptop.
acers website suggests It will either be
ASL100-R01-B1.bin for systems that have R01-?? BIOS ID
or
ASL100-R03-A4.bin for systems that have R03-?? BIOS ID.

yes many times i've acessed my bios its been showing weird tempatures and unable to view simple bios/cmos summary screens?

any help? ty b4 hand

A:wrong bios installed?

It's very unlikely that the machine would work at all with an incorrect BIOS. Everest tries to access BIOS features from a Windows environment and has varying success with it. I wouldn't worry about anything that it tells you, or necessarily believe it.

If your machine has no problems, you are in dangerous territory trying to make changes to BIOS.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wrong-bios-installed.765754/
Relevancy 46.44%

Well bios gone update wrong I ve seriously stuffed up I ll give you the long story so you get all the information Well after I installed my bios update gone wrong GT I began having stuttering problems with a game ut Others had the problem and most say its a driver issue and will be fixed in the future someone wrote to nvidia support and they suggested updating bios chipset and getting a patch for the game so I updated the chipset bios update gone wrong p easy then I went bios update gone wrong to update the bios after downloading bios a command prompt came up with lots of settings and commands and warnings so I decided I d play it safe and just do the msi live update So I installed the msi update and its first update was to update my bios as it finished it restarted my computer everything seemed fine until my computer wouldn t go past the original POST page the one with the motherboard logo on it No beeps sounded and pressing tab or del opened a black page that says AMIBIOS C American Megatrends Inc MSI PL Neo A IMS V Date Intel R Core TM CPU GHz Speed C American Megatrends Inc - - - - -Lakeport- AAA -Y kC The page also has a live update symbol on the top right corner I have a hunch that the live update fed me the wrong bios and thats why the computer won t boot I dont have a floppy and putting my windows or motherboard cd in doesnt do a thing Restarting doesnt and turning off and on doesnt I have limited my options to getting a new motherboard or taking out the internal battery for minutes unless someone has a better idea If the battery is the best way to go do I just turn off and unplug computer and take it out while it is off Also is it simple to take out Do I need to use any special tools for my motherboard also where would the battery be on my motherboard I need to get a new motherboard some day anyway for a quad nbsp

Relevancy 46.44%

I need help fixing my computer I installed the wrong BIOS so every time i trry to turn it on it wont boot u i get a blue screen and the computer keeps restarting i already tried system restore and safe mode but safe mode wont even boot up im using a Toshiba Sattelite l505d-s5965 Here are the specs of it Toshiba Satellite L505D-S5965 Specs - Laptops - CNET Reviews I would like to know if its possible to make a bootable usb and reinstall bios from it please help and thanks for your help.Im using Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit.

A:Wrong BIOS installed.

If you messed up the Bios it needs to be flashed to the right revision

are you even able to get a post screen ? if not then Im not sure if clearing cmos would help

I would call Toshiba tech support they might be able to give you a bios to install

Question though why would you update the bios ? especially on a Lappy most of the time when you buy a Lappy pretty much leave as is unless the update is super important

Most of the time updated Bios updates compadible cpu's or updated memory controler not work wrecking your unit over

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/270517-wrong-bios-installed.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hello This is my first time on a forum bios gone update wrong and I have no idea what location to select for this type of issue nbsp I bios update gone wrong will try to make this short and simple nbsp There were a bunch of updates from HP one bios update gone wrong of which was a Bios update nbsp A bunch of others had issues updating nbsp Ever since then my wifi keeps dropping when my service and all other devices are fine nbsp I try to restart and it hangs there for hours so I have to hold the power button to shut it off and turn it back on nbsp When I close my notebook it will not go to sleep hibernate or anything I set it to nbsp Instead it shuts the screen off hard drive sounds as if it is still running and the computer heats up and power button light stays on nbsp Again I have to hold the power button do shut it off nbsp I have a Windows HP Pavillion was advertised as windows ready so I don't think it is that since I did that update in July and this just started happening after the bios update nbsp Is anyone else having the same issues nbsp Any suggestions to anyone who may have resolved them nbsp nbsp

A:bios update gone wrong

You could try a BIOS rollback to previous version.  1-Immediately after powering on start tapping the Esc key.2-When the menu appears, tap F2 for System Diagnostics.3-In the list of items will be BIOS or Firmware Management.Use the arrow key to move down & highlight it.Press Enter key.4-You should now have a Rollback BIOS option.Use arrow key again to highlight and press Enter key.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/bios-update-gone-wrong/td-p/5764764
Relevancy 46.44%

Ok heres what happened I decided it was about time to flash my BIOS so I downloaded the latest software Please help flash me, wrong Bios went for my abit a mobo that included an auto flash program So I clicked on the autoflash thing and it did its stuff then restarted the computer However on restart the BIOS couldnt boot up windows it said somthing along the lines of quot Windows failed to load this is due to a recent software or hardware change quot it then gave me options like start in safemode start from last working settings start Please help me, Bios flash went wrong windows normally Now when I select the quot start windows normally bit quot the Windows xp load bar comes up and loads a bit but then freezed ansd restarts the computer the same thing happens when I try the quot last good settings option So I thought that the flash may have failed and tried to flash manually using a boot disc with AWDFLASH EXE and the BIOS BIN file i tried doing the alt f thing and it seemed to be working until the last sector which it was flashing then it crashed Now I left yet agian with the windows will not load error Specs are as follows Intel Pentium - prescott ATI Radeon pro Seagete Barrauda SATA gb Abit A mobo Windows xp Home Can anyone help me please nbsp

A:Please help me, Bios flash went wrong

I think I've fixed it, turns out I didnt reconfigure my RAID SATA controller properly in setup, oops.

This can be deleted then, thx.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/please-help-me-bios-flash-went-wrong.31940/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi, i was wondering if anyone had any advice.

Last night i updated my bios (ASUS M2N4-SLI), unfortunately during the update the power went off in the house when i boot now nothing happens, the keyboard and mouse are not even booting. There is power to the motherboard but i can?t get a boot screen or anything, is there any way that i can sort this out?

many thanks

Hachi

A:BIOS update went wrong, need help please

Unfortunately there is little you can do if the flashing has failed. If the motherboard does not POST, you are most-likely looking at a paperweight. There may be a bit of hope if your mainboard has a chip socket (meaning you can physically pull the BIOS chip) but most are soldered right to the PCB. If you can remove the BIOS chip, you can send it to BIOSMAN where they will replace it and reflash the corrupt chip. I've used them before, it's a very good service.

As far as soldered goes, I'm afraid that's tough luck. Replace the motherboard.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bios-update-went-wrong-need-help-please.149733/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hey i need some help i was updating my motherboard with a new bios but i choose the wrong model

My mother board is a Gigabyte K8N Pro and i used the bios of a K8N

Now i cant upgrade it i dont know what to do

I tried to take out the battery but that didnt work

The worst thing is the pro version has dual bios and the other model doesnt so there is no option to restore it

Could i take the backup chip and put it in the normal chip place?

But i need some help doing that

A:Flashed wrong bios

I forgot to say i can turn on my pc perfectly and do everything but im lacking the extras the Pro version has

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/flashed-wrong-bios.41585/
Relevancy 46.44%

A few days ago i found an update for my BIOS. It was installing without any problems, but around halfway of the intallation, a power surge caused my computer to shutdown. When the computer booted back up I got this message. This is all I get, I can't access the BIOS or anything pass this
I tried removing the CMOS battery, I also tried to cross the jumpers, all with no luck. This only leads me to believe the BIOS itself is corrupted. I heard there is a way to fix the BIOS by using something called flashing. Could someone show me how to do this?

A:Bios update gone wrong

Flashing your BIOS is what you where doing. Depending on your system you may be able to use the Boot CD to restore the BIOS to it's factory default. If your PC is older then you will need to contact the manufacture (or a local non big box repair shop) and get a new BIOS ROM chip.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bios-update-gone-wrong.907157/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi

I hope this is posted in the right place.

I think I have messed up my computer big time and need some advice.

I was trying to update the BIOS on my Medion 8838 because I wanted to use more than 4GB of ram.

I downloaded the BIOS update from the Medion website booted the computer into DOS and applied the update.

Everything seemed to run smoothly with the update and when it finished my computer rebooted but just kept on turning on for about 2 seconds and then turning off again like it is stuck in a loop.

Now whenever I plug in the computer this loop of turning on and off starts again.

I have tried resetting the CMOS but to no avail.

I am seeking advice on what I can do.

Is this fixable?
Do I need a new motherboard?
Is my computer dead?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Relevancy 46.44%

Plz Help Dnt Kno Which Bios Setting Is Wrong Okay I got a nice new RPM SATA hard drive recently and when I installed it it wasnt showing up under My Computer so I did a clean install of XP and now im running windows off of it so it seems to be fine now the prob is when I was trying to get the HD to work in the first place I was messing with Bios Wrong! Plz Kno Help!! Which Is Dnt Setting bios settings making sure SATA was enabled etc now in that process im pretty sure that I messed something up cause now when I play a graphic intensive game my comp will randomly reboot I know this isnt something wrong with the hard drive or any other hardware and just a setting problem because when I Plz Help!! Dnt Kno Which Bios Setting Is Wrong! first built this comp I had the quot EXACT quot same prob and a friend fixed somethin in the bios and now I cant get ahold of him I repeat this is not Plz Help!! Dnt Kno Which Bios Setting Is Wrong! an issue with my graphics card or overheating or anything cause my Plz Help!! Dnt Kno Which Bios Setting Is Wrong! comp has been fine for almost a year after the bios was fixed the first time Thanx sooo much This is sooooo frustrating Here are my specs This is my exact GFX Card http www newegg com Product Produ N E This is my exact MB http www newegg com Product Produ - - amp depa This is my exact proc http www newegg com Product Produ - - amp depa This is my exact memory http www newegg com Product Produ - - amp depa This is my exact HD http www newegg com Product Produ - - amp depa nbsp

Relevancy 46.44%

I updated the BIOS on my ASUS P4C800-E Deluxe mb. I used the latest updater (2.11) and BIOS file (1021). The updater worked fine but when it was thru, a msg came up saying "checksum error." I rebooted it and it just read the HD. I shut it off & restarted and the BIOS screen came up & had a msg about overclocking being messed up. I haven't overclocked it. I tried to reset it to default & went in & set some other stuff but to no avail. To even get into the BIOS screen I have to shut it off & start it from scratch. Anyone know how I get it to boot again??? Thanks.

Erik

Relevancy 46.44%

I have an acer aspire xc-603 which had the newest bios update for my model p11-b2.  I acidently updated my bios to version p11-b4 which is intended for the aspire xc-603G.  How would I remedy this?  flash the bios again with the original p11-b2 version?

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:wrong bios update

if the flasher let you revert to a previous version, yes, try it.(not always the best thing to do, reverting to a previous BIOS version) if not and your system is stable, i would leave it as it is.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/wrong-bios-update/td-p/396542/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 46.44%

hi, i updated my gigabyte ga-7va bios earlier but i used the wrong bios file, i updated to the hacked ga-7vaxp bios, my computer runs fine except my floppy disk controller and my ports dnt work, my monitor also decides not to work now and again afta i restart or turn me pc on. also when booting up it stats tat my mobo is a ga-7vaxp now and to check system health.

i updated my bios using gigabytes @bios tool and saved my previous bios b4 i did. ive tried to run @bios agen and use my old bios but it just stops on 48% all the time :/ ive downloaded other ga-7va bios updates but cant get these to work either :/

im kinda new to all this updating bios thing, any1 got any ideas of how i can put my old bios back on?

ta

A:updated to wrong bios :/

All the Gigabyte boards I've known come with DualBios which does a backup of your BIOS before flashing it. Now, maybe it wasn't such a good idea to keep trying to flash it non stop. Once the first flash failed, you should tried to revert to the old BIOS.

What you should try to do now is go to the Gigabyte website, look for your board & get an OFFICIAL BIOS & try to update using that one.

& never, ever, ever try to fiddle with that again.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/updated-to-wrong-bios.10346/
Relevancy 46.44%

I have an acer aspire xc-603 which had the newest bios update for my model p11-b2.  I acidently updated my bios to version p11-b4 which is intended for the aspire xc-603G.  How would I remedy this?  flash the bios again with the original p11-b2 version?

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:wrong bios update

if the flasher let you revert to a previous version, yes, try it.(not always the best thing to do, reverting to a previous BIOS version) if not and your system is stable, i would leave it as it is.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/wrong-bios-update/td-p/396542
Relevancy 46.44%

Not wrong Bios flash gone sure if this is the right section for this post but here goes anyways I have a compaq R laptop in which I had previously been trying to diagnose a Bios flash gone wrong problem with erratic BSOD s During the course of diagnosis I had found through another Bios flash gone wrong thread that one problem was a possible video card driver error during reboot I had noticed that I had gotten a Bios flash gone wrong bios error of some sort never seen it before and I didnt get to write it down The bios error only happened once and the computer was able to post into windows after a reboot After reboot I had downloaded and installed an older version of the video card driver I had thinking maybe the newest version had some bugs in it and I downloaded a brand new updated bios firmware flash apparently I had an outdated bios by two years Thinking that the error was somehow related to an outdated bios firmware I had gladly dowloaded the program to flash my bios The instructions seemed simple just run the program and what not and it was pretty self explainatory I did such to encounter that about percent into the flash I had gotten an IRQ LESS OR EQUAL BSOD I literally flew off the handle because I knew that that was the end of the story for this laptop Sure enough after a hard reset I had a no post condition with a blank screen no bios startup no nothing I had noticed that it was seeking the Dvd-rom but that was about it I was furious at this point because I had not had any BSOD problems for a good or boots and I had been up and running for about a half hour flawlessly I had diligently been looking for a solution to this problem and found a Boot Block Recovery program for the Phoenix Bios my laptop has As it stands I havent been able to get it to work I have been utilizing a newly purchased external usb floppy drive a crisis recovery utility boot disk with all the necessary boot files and the bios rom file I think my problem lies within the autoexec bat file commands but im not sure as I have never encountered this problem before My autoexec bat currently reads quot PHLASH mode X xxx WPH quot and I have tried several other commands and even a UNIFlash utility producing the same results During boot block recovery procedure the computer will start the process beep once then give me a - beep error code and then the floppy will initialize read stop read for about seconds and then stop again no more beeps no more floppy drive seeks no nothing just dead silence and fan noise If anyone has any suggestions or comments on this please please help if its just user error and I can get this paperweight to work once more it would be fantastic I really dont want to have to spend dollars on a new laptop Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Bios flash gone wrong

I have removed the hard disk and dvd-rom to factor out any boot problems, still to no avail.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bios-flash-gone-wrong.100251/
Relevancy 46.44%

ok, i have been plagues with troubles with my vid card (nvidia 5600 256 meg) i have been on the phone with the tech people from BFG tech where the card was made, there last resort was to have me update my bios. well i did that and it didnt and now i get a checksum error and it ask for a disk, i went ot the Aopen site and pulled the dos based flasher( didnt i mention that i used the windows based one before.. hmmm well now i cant boot the machine and the wondows based flasher come up with a checksum of 62EBH and just sits and does not reflash the chip with the biosupdate? and suggestions before i try out my new 410 shotgun?

Jason

Relevancy 46.44%

see pictures, poster is having a problem getting a win2000 disk to boot

Relevancy 46.44%

My mom picked up PC Power Speed on her help needed removal Power Speed PC PC and her performance has declined since that and the annoying popup everytime she logs in I haven t run a single thing to clean it yet as I ve read it is particularly problematic to fully remove it I ve used this site several times when analyzing other issues so I m hoping someone can help me with this Here is the log and the attachment Look forward to your suggestions at your convenience Regards Cindy DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer Run by shirley at on - - Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT - AV Trend Micro Titanium Disabled Updated B - F- EE- AEC-F E A SP Trend Micro Titanium Disabled Updated CAF AD- - A -A C-CD D F SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C windows system lsm exe C PC Power Speed removal help needed windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C windows System spoolsv exe C windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files x x Help App x Svc exe C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM armsvc exe C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C windows system Dwm exe C windows Explorer EXE C windows system taskhost exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files x LeapFrog LeapFrog Connect CommandService exe C ProgramData Skype Toolbars Skype C C Service c c service exe C windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Windows system TODDSrv exe C Program Files Toshiba Power Saver TosCoSrv exe C PROGRA WEATHE bar bin gcbarsvc exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Program Files TOSHIBA TECO TecoService exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C windows Microsoft Net Framework v WPF PresentationFontCache exe C windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System igfxtray exe C Windows System hkcmd exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Program Files Toshiba Power Saver TPwrMain exe C Program Files Toshiba FlashCards TCrdMain exe C Program Files CONEXANT cAudioFilterAgent cAudioFilterAgent exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Toshiba TECO Teco exe C Program Files Toshiba BulletinBoard TosNcCore exe C Program Files Toshiba ReelTime TosReelTimeMonitor exe C Program Files x Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files x Skype Phone Skype exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPHelper exe C Program Files x TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Sleep Utility TSleepSrv exe C Program Files x TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Service Station ToshibaServiceStation exe C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe C Program Files x WeatherBlink bar bin gcbrmon exe C Program Files x PCPowerSpeed PCPowerTray exe C Program Files x LeapFrog LeapFrog Connect Monitor exe C Program Files x Browny Brother BrStMonW exe C Program Files x ControlCenter BrCtrlCntr exe C Program Files x Browny BrYNSvc exe C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files x ControlCenter BrCcUxSys exe C Program Files x x Help App x Help exe C windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Program Files x x Help App x Hook exe C Program Files x x Help App x Hook exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C windows System svchost exe -k LocalServicePeerNet C Program Files x TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Service Station TMachInfo exe C Program Files Trend Micro UniClient UiFrmWrk uiWatchDog exe C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Management Engine Components LMS LMS exe C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Management Engine Components UNS UNS exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TP... Read more

A:PC Power Speed removal help needed

Greetings and Welcome to The Forums!!My name is Gringo and I'll be glad to help you with your malware problems.I have put together somethings for you to keep in mind while I am helping you to make things go easier and faster for both of usPlease do not run any tools unless instructed to do so.
We ask you to run different tools in a specific order to ensure the malware is completely removed from your machine, and running any additional tools may detect false positives, interfere with our tools, or cause unforeseen damage or system instability.Please do not attach logs or use code boxes, just copy and paste the text.
Due to the high volume of logs we receive it helps to receive everything in the same format, and code boxes make the logs very difficult to read. Also, attachments require us to download and open the reports when it is easier to just read the reports in your post.Please read every post completely before doing anything.
Pay special attention to the NOTE: lines, these entries identify an individual issue or important step in the cleanup process.Please provide feedback about your experience as we go.
A short statement describing how the computer is working helps us understand where to go next, for example: I am still getting redirected, the computer is running normally, etc. Please do not describe the computer as "the same", this requires the extra step of looking back at your previous post.NOTE: At the top of your post, click on the Watch Topic Button, select Immediate Notification, and click on Proceed. This will send you an e-mail as soon as I reply to your topic, allowing us to resolve the issue faster.NOTE: Backup any files that cannot be replaced. Removing malware can be unpredictable and this step can save a lot of heartaches if things don't go as planed. You can put them on a CD/DVD, external drive or a pen drive, anywhere except on the computer. NOTE: It is good practice to copy and paste the instructions into notepad and print them in case it is necessary for you to go offline during the cleanup process. To open notepad, navigate to Start Menu > All Programs > Accessories > Notepad. Please remember to copy the entire post so you do not miss any instructions.These are the programs I would like you to run next, if you have any problems with these just skip it and run the next one.-Security Check-Download Security Check by screen317 from here.Save it to your Desktop.Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.-AdwCleaner-Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your desktop.
Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click on Delete.Confirm each time with Ok.Your computer will be rebooted automatically. A text file will open after the restart.Please post the content of that logfile with your next answer.You can find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[S1].txt as well.--RogueKiller-- Download & SAVE to your Desktop RogueKiller or from here
Quit all programs that you may have started. Please disconnect any USB or external drives from the computer before you run this scan! For Vista or Windows 7, right-click and select "Run as Administrator to start"For Windows XP, double-click to start. Wait until Prescan has finished ... Then Click on "Scan" button Wait until the Status box shows "Scan Finished"click on "delete" Wait until the Status box shows "Deleting Finished" Click on "Report" and copy/paste the content of the Notepad into your next reply.The log should be found in RKreport[1].txt on your DesktopExit/Close RogueKiller+Gringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/482630/pc-power-speed-removal-help-needed/
Relevancy 46.44%

I was wondering if someone can help with some ideas to make my download speed run faster?

I called the cable company and they said they could send a tech out, but I am not available for that for about a week, at least.

I am supposed to be getting 20 for a download speed, and I am getting 2-6 at the site they referred me to: speakeasy.net.

The only other thing they could suggest was a new modem. My modem is not quite 4 years old.

My computer is almost 5 years old and is a Sony Vaio desktop. Running WinXP and I usually use Firefox, or sometimes IE if I need to. Anything else, you'll have to ask more specifically, & how I can find this info. Sorry!

Any suggestions? I'm lost and frustrated....and although I have been using the internet for many years, I am pretty technically immature.

TIA

A:Slow Download Speed-Help needed

are you on wireless connection? and if so is it a secure connection with password? if not others could be using the signal and cutting your internet speeds.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/slow-download-speed-help-needed-483815.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi Would really appreciate someones advice I went to change my hard drive Icon the other day amp for some reason it went wrong Prior to this change I created a system restore point So I went to restore it back to its previous state before my icon error nothing serious amp when the computer completed its restoration loads of things were different plus its wiped all my documents including important tax returns e t c The back ground had changed to packard bell loads of icons were missing off of the desktop a Help Restore Gone Wrong. Urgent Needed,System Badly Has few new things appeared in the task bar My start menu recent items had changed amp most importantly its erased my documents I clicked on the right restoration point time amp for good measure I tried a second time to restore it back to the same time amp it came back saying restoration incomplete as no changes had been made yeah right I pretty sure I've lost my internet settings to Please can someone help me Firstly can I get my computer back to how it was If not can I retreive the important information held in my documents

A:Urgent Help Needed,System Restore Has Gone Badly Wrong.

Welcome to TSF....

During this system restore at anytime did you insert the recovery disk for the windows OS in the drive?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/urgent-help-needed-system-restore-has-gone-badly-wrong-247117.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hello So I'd gotten my PC built a year ago I have two gone help Windows wrong. needed, Clean Reinstallation 7 Urgent please. hard drives one's an Windows 7 Clean Reinstallation gone wrong. Urgent help needed, please. SSD for the OS another is a WD Black Caviar for storage purpose only My PC had recently gotten quite slow so I decided to do a clean reinstallation reformatting my storage hard drive as well just to be on the safe side Though I thought I'd deal with the SSD first and reformat my TB storage hard drive later once the OS would be reinstalled When I was on the installation screen here's what it said Disk Partition TB Disk Partition System Reserved Disk Partition System I deleted the Disk Partition System Reserved and Disk Partition System and proceeded to install Windows on it It however went wrong This is what it looks like now The System Reserved partition is gone And after I tried installing drives for my graphic and etc my storage hard drive got these files installed on it which I do not know of Where did I go wrong I have all my files backed up so I can reformat my Windows 7 Clean Reinstallation gone wrong. Urgent help needed, please. storage hard drive if need be When on the installation Windows 7 Clean Reinstallation gone wrong. Urgent help needed, please. screen should I delete all partitions including my storage drive And install the OS on my SSD first then reformat my storage hard drive on the installation screen once that's done just so no files are accidentally installed on the storage hard drive I've done clean installations before and have had no problem not sure what's going on here Why does the TB hard drive show as quot System Active Primary Partition quot Shouldn't it simply say quot Primary Partition quot if it's for storage and has no OS files on it Help would be greatly appreciated would save me from having to carry it all the way to the guy's shop who got this PC built for me and spending extra money for a clean reinstallation Thanking you very much for your time

A:Windows 7 Clean Reinstallation gone wrong. Urgent help needed, please.

1) Remove the 2tb HDD, & reformat later.
2) Make the SSD disk 0.
3) Reinstall to SSD, or do a Startup Repair.
4) Refit the 2tb HDD & format.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/317041-windows-7-clean-reinstallation-gone-wrong-urgent-help-needed-please.html
Relevancy 46.01%

ive installed wrong bios. now im using win 10 64 bit.but ive installed win 8 BIOSi want get back to win 7 BIOS but always cant.Got this Error1 error2nd errorAnd also here is my Currently Installed bios versionBios VersionSome one can help me out from this?Rlly need Your Help , Thanks

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/Installed-WRONG-Bios-G480/td-p/3343481
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi guys its been a while I did a silly thing awhile ago I have a Gigabyte ep ds l rev and feel that I m not getting full revision/Bios the wrong Updated performance I dont wanto Updated the wrong revision/Bios get into the specifics right now I accidently updated my bios with Updated the wrong revision/Bios Rev and mine is rev it seemed to work but it is playing on my mind every time something goes unexpectedly wrong I understand that could be for a variety of reasons I practice good maintenance and am familiar with most problems threats errors performance limitations etc I have done some mild overclocking using only the presets provided with the ep ds l for short periods hour or so while using Zbrush with a polygon model Also I couldnt find my RAM Gingle DDR x on the suppoted list that may be a reason also I want to know if I clear the CMOS which I dont know how to do yet can I then update the bios with the appropriate version I understand this can be risky but I have another Mobo to replace it just not quite as good I am about to re-install Windows and want to deal with this issue first Thankyou for your time I look forward to a response Boucha ep ds l rev Intel E Gingle DDR x CoolerMaster ATX PSU nbsp

A:Updated the wrong revision/Bios

You should be able to flash (it's not an update, the old BIOS gets completely erased first, and the new one is written in its place) the BIOS just fine after a CMOS clear.
I got to say, I'm pretty amazed the Rev 2.0's BIOS even worked, as long as you're running stable, you'll be fine after re-flashing the BIOS, as long as anything doesn't catastropihcally fail completely disregardless of your little oopsie.

Clearing the CMOS: some boards (not yours) have a button/other thingy that you can simply use for the operation, but with old/low-end boards, you can just unplug your computer from wall, empty the capacitors by pressing the power button for ~5 secs (fans will nudge and lights will blink, most probably), then remove the CMOS cell battery from the motherboard, and wait a while. A minute or two should do, but if you have some other chores you can take care of in the meanwhile, it doesn't hurt to wait half an hour or more. The CMOS should drain almost instantly, but... *shrug* If you don't instantly need the system, why not "play safe" (and a bit silly I guess, but it's just how I see it fit somehow. If it can't hurt you, why not. Sorry, /ramble off)
Rather than clearing the CMOS, it should also be sufficient to load the failsafe or default settings from within BIOS.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/updated-the-wrong-revision-bios.848966/
Relevancy 46.01%

I Just updated my bios from R1-B4 to R1-C0 and i havnt seen any differnce, bios options are the same, pc still has buggy boots before getting to Operating system select,
so what would a bios update do exsacly?

A:BIOS Updated But.... (Sorry If In Wrong Place)

I can't say without seeing the release notes on the bios update, Generally they will only fix one problem at a time. Often it's compatibility for hardware that you may not even have. Meaning you will be unaffected by the update at all.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/180590-bios-updated-but-sorry-if-wrong-place.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi im not sure if im in the right thread sorry if im in the wrong place PC Speccs - Vista Home Premium x - Service Pack - NVIDIA GeForce GTX card has connections for screens - NVIDIA GeForce GT onboard correct me if this isnt possible - HDMI card My workflow at the moment - PC monitor connected to my pc identify screen number MAIN MONITOR - inch TV connected to my pc with HDMI identify screen The problem When i boot my system the BIOS screen is displayed on my TV even when my desktop isnt screen wrong BIOS the display on extended to my TV After the boot when the system hits the windows logo it switches automaticly to my BIOS display on the wrong screen Pc monitor All fine and well when nothing is wrong but when he refuses to boot after lets says a wrong logoff i had to turn my tv on and switch modes to see what the problem is My question Is there an option to let the BIOS startup beeing displayed on my PC monitor Extra info's - I cant switch connections TV has to be HDMI and PC has to be VGA - The outputs on my GTX are beeing identified as monitor amp - Dont ask me how i have monitors because i only have outputs in the back - Their are only monitors active at all times so number amp you can forget about those numbers If more information is needed please tell me Im happy to give it my all Thank you in advance

A:BIOS display on the wrong screen

It's how the computer display adapters are listed out. And yes it's correct having 4 outputs.

The computer is spitting out the display adapter of the hdmi as #1, and will always display that output first if connected. Even though it's not on, so as long as you have the hdmi plugged in, the computer sense its an active connection.

If you give me somemore system info, I can get more specific.

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/298643-bios-display-wrong-screen.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I recently put in a new hard drive ( Maxtor ultra ata/133 80gb ) .
My bios is set to auto detect but it displays the wrong HD size; about 65 gb instead of 80. When I formatted and loaded windows none of the partitions display incorrect sizes, but the bios still does....
i put 5 partitions on the drive.

what should i do?
My Bios is Phoenix ver 4.0 release 6.0
thanks

A:Bios displays wrong HD size

Did you put the correct 80-prong ATA-100/133 cable on?
As far as I know, a BIOS only recognizes the combined size of the first 4 partitions of any HD, so if your 5th partition is about 15GB that explains dhe difference.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bios-displays-wrong-hd-size.8400/
Relevancy 46.01%

Well while in the middle of flashing my brand new, 1 day old, ECS 761GX-M754(3.0A) motherboard to fix the fan speed report bug,I accidentally kicked my power surge switch to the off position.. Yup, god hates me.. lol The only thing is I still can get into the BIOS, I'm able to see it posting, I get the POST beep than it says ( "CHECKSUM Error" please press "F1" to enter setup)or something similar to that. Well when I enter the appropriate BIOS settings, hit Save and Exit, it'll reboot, and start the process over, its like it wipes the BIOS clean when I reboot.

Ive flashed the BIOS in windows due to no floppy drive, I called ECS tech. support and they told me it was OK to flash on windows.

Anyone have any ideas on how to help me out?
Thank You SO much its greatly appreciated!

Relevancy 46.01%

hi -- disastrously wrong update gone bios i m trying to fix my parents pc a gateway gr which has been really unstable amp bios update gone disastrously wrong unreliable for a few months windows wouldn t boot properly windows reinstalls wouldn t work it d boot into the bios ok but that was about it in desperation yesterday i decided to upgrade the bios hoping to have a good foundation for reinstalling other stuff i downloaded the files from intel s site the board s a d gag with a p processor with hyperthreading and bios update gone disastrously wrong did exactly what it said now things are far worse than before intel gave several sets of directions for flashing the bios the least invasive was to make a cd with this bootable iso file put it in the cd drive of the target pc and boot it up it did boot under that scenario but instead of anything resembling the screenshots they showed in the instructions it said something about the old bios id number the new bios having a different bios update gone disastrously wrong number and trying to install it and then it went immediately to a c prompt for a few moments the pc made these really quiet noises -- not hd sounds but something somewhat similar almost like sci-fi quot electronic quot sounds but nothing ever happened it wouldn t even boot into the bios after that another method intel gave for flashing was to download amp copy this bio file to a cd put in into the drive of the target machine and boot it up with the bios configuration jumper off to force it into recovery mode it was odd that the instructions didn t say anything at all about the cd needing to be bootable in this case this didn t work at all and all the computer displays at this point is either the quot gateway quot splash screen and then another completely blank screen or else it shows only the quot no signal quot monitor icon the power button on the front of the case doesn t work now either turning it on amp off is now just by plugging pulling the cord in back can it be recovered from this or is this pc utterly ruined their instructions were apparently awful this pc has no floppy drive and now there s no os no bios and i have no idea what else to do i d appreciate any help anyone could offer thanks nbsp

A:bios update gone disastrously wrong

Sorry to hear about this. I don't usually recommend services, but this site is representative of a service you should/could check out (Google 'replacement bios chip');

http://www.biosman.com/about_biosman.html

Of course, you could contact Gateway for a new chip.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bios-update-gone-disastrously-wrong.75407/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hello,

I have a computer (PIII) that uses Windows XP as it OS.
Everytime when I turn on my computer, upon the bootup, the computer asks me the press F1 to go to set up, OR press F2 to restart the computer.....I found out that the clock was wrong so I press F1 to change the clock set then I save it and exit. But the next time I turn it on, the system keep asking me to modify the clock (by going in to SETUP).....I don't know why it keeps happening and it got me really frustrated.
Please tell me how to change the Bios set up so that the computer won't ask me to change the clock setting the next time I turn it on.
THanks

A:BIOS setup wrong on Boot up

Sounds like a dead battery to me. Have you tried replacing it?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bios-setup-wrong-on-boot-up.102454/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hardware guys I m Solved: of BIOS??? Wrong Danger over my head here I know what the safe thing to do is but This is a little cube quot with an Aopen board model UX G-M that is the label on the forward part of the main board It was marketed as a PDS and apparently as an Aopen also mini-cube model Solved: Danger of Wrong BIOS??? EZ -M as best I can tell My problems are that the BIOS does not specifically deal with SATA devices whatsoever though there is a generous Four SATA headers on the board Also Solved: Danger of Wrong BIOS??? the BIos Setup screens do not reveal its identity other than quot Phoenix Award quot - no version no reference I ran Belarc Advisor and it has the Board etc identified differently than what is printed on the board quot PDS Inc Vista XCe serial chassis Board Aopen EZ M EC I A Bus Clock megahertz this is either incorrect or I m being robbed chipset proc supposed to FSB mhz BIOS Phoenix Award Tech LTD PG The truth is I don t know what model PDS Aopen or XC this is - it may be a board-replace in a box that is unrelated to its original intention The only thing I trust at the moment is what I see on the mboard Looking at Windows Home Premium Device Manager the I have no bangs now took a little work and the devices listed there seem to match up with the specs of the Intel GM chipset and the Processor is the Pentium M GHz I pulled the Graphics drivers from Intel s website and worked perfectly and a latter update to Windows core seems to have carried the chipset drivers the Processor IO controller is dubbed quot Intel G P GV PL quot etc Belarc s date of release for the BIOS version almost matches what Aopen s site is showing for the referenced quot EZ quot model with perhaps a typo on the day Belarc shows open s download site shows The version numbering however is different For Aopen it is R and is the only gold bios listed there is one later a Beta So if I really have a bus clock issue it would seem I need to be sure about the BIOS The G M chipset with that Processor is supposed to be what I ref d above GHZ mhz FSB Any suggestions nbsp

Relevancy 46.01%

Today we tried to open the bios, but it recvest administration password. I never set it before, therefore is unknown.My modell is: HP RT3290I go tthe following code after three wrong login attents: 55296000 Thanks for your help in advance,Norina Nemeth

Relevancy 46.01%

Hi everyone, I recently tried flashing my old laptop (Sony PCG-XG39) and something went horribly wrong. During the flashing process, the laptop just shut down. Then when I tried turning it on, it was basically dead - no POST, can't boot from anything, etc. Can someone please give me suggestions as to what I can do to salvage my laptop? Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 45.58%

Hi there This is just a quick question really I have a client at work who has a HP laptop He had some fan after speed update HP BIOS driver problems and sent it to HP They then flashed the BIOS but ever since then he said the fan has been really noisy As i write this i have forgotten the model NO but i know its a laptop When HP fan speed after BIOS update i read the BIOS update description it said something about the BIOS will put the fan into a low volume state when the laptop is in use but its like that isn t working Does anyone know anything It seems to be plastered all over the web and some have cured it with Speed fan etc but they don t seem to work on his PC We have looked at cleaning and also adjusting the speed in the BIODS but he says there is no option and unfortunately i can see the BIOS He said ti was called F if anyone knows Any help would be great as we seemed to have tried a lot and other have said about the same thing so if you could suggest anything it would be brilliant nbsp

A:HP fan speed after BIOS update

'Does anyone know anything?.'

Not a lot, really.

BUT, most Bios settings that affect temps/fan speeds are obvious and can be targetted as either AMD or Intel processor management related to heat and cpu activity accompanied with motherboard manufacturer fan control options.

Get the manual - read it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-fan-speed-after-bios-update.114800/
Relevancy 45.58%

Ive been looking around for ways to change fan speed. I keep seeing people saying check your fan speed in bios, make faster in bios, open bios.. HOW DO I DO THAT? It makes no sense, can someone tell me in laments terms?

A:How do i change fan speed in bios

It's highly possible that your specific BIOS does not contain the tools to do so.

An alternative is to install a Windows program like SpeedFan:

http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/how-do-i-change-fan-speed-in-bios-265778.html
Relevancy 45.58%

i'm having a bit of a problem i know my CPU speed is a lot faster then what is currently clocked at and as my system recently crashed i got my operating system reinstalled and have just recently noticed this problem i realise that i need to go into bios to adjust the FSBUS speed but that is my problem i restart my computer and it will not let me access the bios at all any help would be greatly appreciated

i'm running an AMD Athlon XP +2600.....it's running at 1.15Ghz which is rediculously slow, i have an Asus A7V8X-X motherboard any other specs needed just ask thanks again

Relevancy 45.58%

Hi I just bought a new pc and asked for Corsair 16GB pc3 1200 1600MHz 4x4 GB DDR3 to be installed but when I checked the bios it lists
Memory frequency 1337.68MHz
Total Memory size 16384 MB
should the frequency not be 1600MHz ?

A:Memory speed in the bios

Quote: Originally Posted by baccini

Hi I just bought a new pc and asked for Corsair 16GB pc3 1200 1600MHz 4x4 GB DDR3 to be installed but when I checked the bios it lists
Memory frequency 1337.68MHz
Total Memory size 16384 MB
should the frequency not be 1600MHz ?

On a lot of PCs the RAM frequency is set to DDR3-1333 by default. To get something different, you may need to set the BIOS to use the XMP (extreme media profile) settings, or manually set the RAM frequency and timings.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/225126-memory-speed-bios.html
Relevancy 45.58%

My P50 was silent, but since I updated the BIOS to 1.29 (to get RAID capability), the fan seems to spin from time to time. I notice the noise as it sounds like a jet engine, each time running about 5-10 minutes before going silent again.

Spec: i7-6700HQ CPU, 64GB RAM, FHD screen, NVIDIA Quadro M1000M. Upgraded the OS from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro, and the standard 500GB HDD to 500GB Samsung 850 Evo SSD. Latest change between the fan noise is just the BIOS upgrade. Weird.

W510, S110, W530, E330, E440, Q190, another E440, another Q190, Yoga2, P50, W520... and selling out all Q190s

A:P50 Fan High Speed BIOS v1.29

I can confirm that - it was a more quiet on the 1.28 BIOS. The fan starts to kick in at around ~30% of CPU usage after ~5 seconds.  

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/P50-Fan-High-Speed-BIOS-v1-29/td-p/3384837
Relevancy 45.58%

This morning I wake up and power on the computer to get a suprise greeting that my Western Digital 120G had S.M.A.R.T error. I went into the CMOS, and instead of detecting it as WD1200, it shows WD1000. (Did not make any changes on my computer before I turn it off)

Going to Windows XP, from disk manager, it shows the drive is not format and the capacity is 6G.

Any suggestion on what to do??

A:S.M.A.R.T Fail, Bios detect wrong HD model

Check the IDE cable. My machine shutdown yesterday and couldn't find the HDD when trying to restart. I reseated my cable and booted into windows and did all the disk checks I could find. It seems my cable was at fault.(Keeping fingers crossed)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/s-m-a-r-t-fail-bios-detect-wrong-hd-model.369594/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hello everyone I update the BIOS on my laptop and something went wrong U400 update Satellite wrong - went BIOS Pro not now turn a laptop screen I went to see the web for Chris Bios recover Have available more than versions but so far no success My biggest problem is - I can not save to floppy disk MB BIOS All attempts to make a boot flash or SD ended in failure The laptop is Satellite pro U PSU E Please help me the laptop reads the floppy in BIOS with little experience those that come with Chris Bios KB - KB begins with a normal boot beep signals supposedly provided a definition blocks then baar both short beep and do nothing there must be something DOS BIOS small size USB emulator BIOS to be torn down so it is possible charging of USB SD Every idea can be useful Thank you very much Excuse my english f the topic is not for here please redirect it mderatora This is my post here

A:Satellite Pro U400 - BIOS update went wrong

Hi mate

Unfortunately? if something went wrong during the BIOS update, then you will not be able to solve this without an help from an ASP technician?

Hopefully the BIOS ROM module is not damage?
In worst case the mobo is damage but maybe it?s not damaged?

However?. You have to get in contact with an local ASP and should ask for further handling!

Good luck!

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?50061-Satellite-Pro-U400-BIOS-update-went-wrong
Relevancy 45.58%

Just Installed two 30G Hitachi Travelstar HD in
1) a Sony Vaio Z505R and
2) a Sony Vaio PCGFX150k.
Worked fine in the Z505R.
In the FX150, the BIOS sees the HD correctly, but when Windows tries to partition the disk it reports 69047 Megs and crashes. Happens when I try to install Windows XP professional And Windows 2k.
Swapped HD's to verify that both disks were OK. FX150 reads Disk Error when I insert the disk formatted on the 505. FX150 reads other HD's just fine.
Anybody seen this before?

A:Win XP/2k reads HD size wrong. BIOS OK in Vaio

Obviously, the BIOS is not OK in the machine in question.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win-xp-2k-reads-hd-size-wrong-bios-ok-in-vaio.260433/
Relevancy 45.58%

I flashed my BIOS a couple weeks ago and I ended up using the wrong one. I used Everest to check what version my BIOS was because I didn't feel like rebooting, which was stupid of me. Anyways, my computer is working fine. The only thing that I have noticed is that I cannot boot off of a CD. I have found the correct BIOS update here and was wondering how I can format the disk and copy the files without using an IBM pre-formatted disk because I have used up all of my pre-formatted disks.

This may also not be an issue that is caused by me attempting to install the wrong BIOS update. At the end of the BIOS update it says that it fails, but I'm not sure if it still copies some files or not. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.