Windows Support Forum

Multi-channel music computer build

Q: Multi-channel music computer build

Hello to all I built a computer specifically to operate my modest home studio years ago It smoked at that time with Win K Gig music build computer Multi-channel of RAM and LVD SCSI RPM drives It cost a bundle to build and has lasted me until the lightning hit it a few weeks ago Also blasted was my Echo Layla audio interface and my Cubase USB dongle Data was fortunately backed up I wish to build a new box from the ground up The insurance company paid me for the fried machine I wish to spend this money building another box that will last Multi-channel music computer build me for a long while as well Throughput is key of course as is graphics speed bit architecture and boatloads of RAM I have a NewEgg order all set to place Here tis -- ww eddiecurrents com ComputerBuild order jpg -- the system would not let me post a link I am ready to press the quot place order quot button I THINK I can do away with LVD SCSI as I believe that SATA II drives even RPM ones will do what I need I very seldom exceed - tracks at a time and if I have the math right SATA II should do but I am having troubles locating data on actual throughput I administer a huge database among many other things The data is pounded daily by hundreds of live connections as well as over the internet I am very familiar with throughput but find that it s not much of a consideration for MOST people gamers power Multi-channel music computer build users graphics and video designers I really want to spend the money ONE time here and am sure there are some great ideas out there on how I can improve or even cut corners Cubase comes with both the and bit versions Soundforge and Acid also should run fine on bit Vista Windows Ultimate when available Gotcha s like sound interface software though can be a headache What other systems are out there I will never buy quot off the rack quot so who s built a mohuncher of a music editing system I was just told I don t need an I and who needs or Gigs of RAM Me that s who I have used RAM disks for years and send all my temp files and editing files to it I d like to set up two RAM disks each large enough to contain the contents of a standard DVD Gigs With Gigs total this is no problem Thanks for your input in advance I ve got a few days left before I will blow this money and any help is VERY much appreciated LoMan eddiecurrents com nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/multi-channel-music-computer-build.135474/
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Multi-channel music computer build

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 64.5%

Hey there,

Is there a way I can make my music play through one channel (Through speakers) and have my skype call go through a different channel (Through headphones) ?

So what I am trying to say is, have different sound playing out of the headphones than the speakers?

Thanks.

A:Multi-Channel help

Hi and welcome to seven forums.

Yes there is , but you will need to buy a soundcard for your pc assuming it is a pc?

I bought a cheap one for ?10 a pci e soundcard.

I have my game sounds running though the speakers and voice chat through my headphones.

You need the onboard sound for 1 and the pci e one for the other.

Cheers

Paul.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/183403-multi-channel-help.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi everybody :

I've got a few questions about 5.1 and 7.1 Channel Sound Cards. One : Do I have to have ALL speakers connected ? That is....front,center,subwoofer and rear ? Or, can I just have the front speakers and subwoofer connected ? Two : Diamond and Creative Lab cards will work in PCI or PCIe ? I've got the Gigabyter GA-Z77-DS3H Motherboard, which has one PCIe slot and one PCI x4 slot. I hope I'm not "getting the short end of the stick [to put it politely]" with this configuration on the motherboard. I need to upgrade my audio. My System : Windows 7 Professional 32-bit, 3 Gb RAM, NVidia GeForce 210 w/2 Gb RAM, WD SATA II 500 Gb Hard Drive, 500 Watt PSU, SATA II LG Optical Drive.

garystan

A:Multi-Channel Cards

First, you can connect a 2.1 speaker system, for example, to a 5.1 or 7.1 sound card. The integrated audio on your motherboard is at least 5.1. Just set the speaker type, in the Sound/Playback panel for 2.1 (if that is what you have).

Most of the new SoundBlaster cards, e.g. the Xfi series, are all PCIe. There are PCI sound cards, but unless you get a relatively high end card you are not going to get better than the internal. I have a recording studio and do a lot of audio, but I use my recording interface unit (a Roland Octa-Capture) for recording. For other PC audio, I use the built in RealTek that is on my Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H motherboard. I had a high end SoundBlaster Xfi sound card installed but it was conflicting with my recording system so I had to remove it - to be truthful I can't hear any difference between the RealTek and SoundBlaster with my 2.1 speaker system.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/304946-multi-channel-cards.html
Relevancy 62.35%

I have a HP DMA channel primary mode 2 Multi-word for Pavilion dv laptop GB RAM GB HDD with Windows XP MCE running Recently I had to to do an in-place upgrade as I was getting Multi-word DMA mode 2 for primary channel BSOD on trying to enter safe mode Everything went on fine without a glitch But now I do see a hit on my laptop's performance It takes longer to boot and hand over cursor control after booting After much research I observed the following - In Device Manager for Primary IDE channel I have the 'DMA mode if available' option set to true For device it displays current transfer mode as 'Multi-word DMA mode ' and for device it says 'Not applicable' - Multi-word DMA mode 2 for primary channel In Device Manager for HDD properties it says 'Location ' For my CD DVD drive it says 'Location ' I just have one HDD and one CD DVD drive - I ran Nero Multi-word DMA mode 2 for primary channel infotool utility and it reports CD DVD drive running on primary channel and HDD on secondary channel Device Manager reports no secondary channel though Please let me know if above behavior is correct if not how to fix it

A:Multi-word DMA mode 2 for primary channel

Check Event Viewer for errors on boot.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/multi-word-dma-mode-2-for-primary-channel-455486.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi Folks After many 10? multi-channel Configuring output Windows in years I decided to build a windows pc Configuring multi-channel output in Windows 10? as both a game and a Kodi media server for my Configuring multi-channel output in Windows 10? family room I finally got it powered up windows installed and all the drivers installed and updated My ps in the same room connected via HDMI to my surround sound system has a powerful room-filling sound Moving on It took Configuring multi-channel output in Windows 10? me forever to finally figure out how to configure the correct amount of speakers using the configure tab under playback devices The problem Having tested out a few pc games I must admit to being underwhelmed with the audio The volume overall levels seem low and the bass from my subwoofer seems rather low and rather anemic My GPU is an AMD x gb card connected to my Yamaha receiver via HDMI cable I would like to A Increase the overall speaker volume level going to my receiver B Boost the subwoofer signal going to my pc C Enable audio quality such as bit kHz Dolby TrueHD DTS Master Audio ect I feel like such a noob and am certain that I am missing some simple steps in getting my setup properly configured Can someone help me

A:Configuring multi-channel output in Windows 10?

Moved to appropriate area...
Windows 10 How-To Guides is for write ups of prepackaged solutions... Not for leading questions on issues not yet resolved.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10/434631-configuring-multi-channel-output-windows-10-a.html
Relevancy 61.92%

I have recently install and auzen prelude. I can't get any output from the spdif and only 2.1 from the anolog jacks. I am running a ati 3870 graphic card could this be a problem and how do i solve it

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/148049-no-multi-channel-digital-output-auzen-prelude.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi,

I have problems with an application written in Visual Basic. The application is supposed to be able to control the volume of different output channels of the sound card RME Fireface 800. Within the VB application direct sound is used to control the volume.

However, volume control changes work for some of the assigned channels but not for others. Looking at Window's volume control mixer it can be confirmed that the output channels are correctly assigned to the application but the volume control changes are ignored for some of the channels.

The application and the volume control changes worked fine with the same application and sound card on a Windows XP machine.

I'm thankful for any suggestion on how to solve or work around the problem.

Cheers,
Florian

A:Volume control issues with multi-channel sound card

Hello welcome to TSF!!. Have you tried updating the software to a newer version that is compatible with Windows 7? Also have you updated the drivers for your sound card?

Try looking here to see if there is an updated software version for Windows 7. RME: Downloads

Also may I ask what is the make and and model of your machine and sound card?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/volume-control-issues-with-multi-channel-sound-card-780186.html
Relevancy 55.9%

The only program I've downloaded recently is Mozilla firefox, the very next day my computer greets me with audio, sounds like pop with a lot of adds, open audio mixer notice an audio channel with name not available. I open processes, notice a svchost process running like crazy, close it and audio stops. within 2 minutes, the process is restarted and the audio is back with another channel as before. I ran malwarebytes and it found nothing, I'm not sure where to go to directly disable and prosecute this unwelcome intrusion. Read in another forum the report a fellow posted from his malware killer and checked for similar such files, but have not found them yet.

A:Music plays via net in audio under unkown channel, connected with a svchost process

Update on the issue. I ran Malwarebytes to no avail, read up and a few people were praising TLSSKiller as the second coming concerning this exact issue. According to log it seems to have been a root kit, two threats similar to each other, both eliminated in under 10 min with that program. I will do a few reboots and rescans to make sure the system is clean. If the issue resurfaces, I will post a continued plea here for assistance, but so far looking good on second rescan and reboot!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/music-plays-via-net-in-audio-under-unkown-channel-connected-with-a-svchost-process.1125155/
Relevancy 55.47%

Here's the problem, I'm building my new PC as we speak and I bought this mammoth cpu cooler (which while I knew it would be big I didn't read any reviews stating it covers a memory slot) which fully covers up my first ram slot and the heat spreader is too tall on the memory to try and weasel it in there. The Gigabyte's instructions tell me that there are two "dual channels" one using 1 and 3 and the other using 2 and 4. I installed the RAM into 2 and 4 because there is no other way for it to work. Is there any reason I wouldn't get the same performance out of slots 2 and 4 as opposed to 1 and 3?

A:Solved: Can dual channel memory be installed in channel 1 rather than channel 0?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-can-dual-channel-memory-be-installed-in-channel-1-rather-than-channel-0.930609/
Relevancy 55.04%

I have an HP laptop with 8.1 uefi embedded key.
I have a one TB hd to work with.
I want to format from scratch and run a mbr based multiboot pc

I am confused by the uefi and partitioning.
Can I run windows 8 in a non GPT formatted HDD and utilize the OEM Key?
Has anyone successfully done a multiboot like this going all the way back to vista on an oem laptop? If so what did you have to do to get around the OEM garbage?

A:Trying to Build Multi boot Vista, win 7, 8, 8.1 on one hd

If you have an HP Laptop that is running Windows 8.1 AND you have a 1 TB hard drive to work with THEN you need to run VMWARE or SUN Virtual Box AND run all of the different OS's you want in a virtual environment AND they can all talk to each other.

Way better than trying to go backwards with your current hardware. My 2 cents.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/50114-trying-build-multi-boot-vista-win-7-8-8-1-one-hd.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi, i would like to create a PC for music production and a little bit for desktop publishing (not videos editing, just like illustrator, a little bit of photoshop).

I have a budget of 1'500$ without the monitor. I know that i would need a good processor, good motherboard, SSD and 32 Go RAM. the computer should be silent if possible.

Could you help me ? I need to create a components list

http://www.tenforums.com/pc-custom-builds-overclocking/58594-build-pc-music-production.html
Relevancy 49.88%

new build/ pros and cons /please

New build? This may not be the greatest, however the price seemed right for a first time build. Biostar Gforce 6100 M9 nvidia socket939 with heat sink on the nvidia 4 chip. Atholn64 3200+ Venice. Kingston dual channel 512 pc3200 ddr 400mhz 2x256. Thermaltake 430w ps I'm open to any thoughts, so my next will be better PS: Its for my 14 year old daughter who mainly does Im, email, music, Surfing, my space ect Thank you Kirk

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-build-daughter-im-email-music-basic.61249/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hey everyone I got a bit of a problem here and I'm at a loss on what to do to fix it Some background about the situation would be a good place to start A few days ago I came home from work and found my PC in a quot lights are on but no one's home quot state The power button was lit up and the fans were in motion but the monitors were in power saver mode not the normal on state with the blank screen saver I tried moving the mouse mashing on the keyboard but nothing happened So I reset the machine and it just went to a blank screen no beeps or messages just the same ole lights on no Stopped Suddenly Single Working, Remains Only Dual Channel Channel ones home deal again Now before this I had been having memory problems with blue screens saying quot memory management quot and quot IRQL not less than or equal quot So I thought it might be a bad strip of ram and even bought two Dual Channel Suddenly Stopped Working, Only Single Channel Remains more strips to replace the ones I had removed In the process of testing each strip I discovered that one was bad That was not the fix by the way After putting in the new ram in for a total of GB's of ram figured if I'm gonna buy new ram might as well increase the total amount it booted up and no more blue screens after loading into windows YaY it was fixed or so I thought Dual Channel Suddenly Stopped Working, Only Single Channel Remains A few weeks later the above incident occurred and the only way to get the PC to boot up was to pull two strips of the ram and insert the remaining strips into slots and for a single channel configuration Didn't matter which set of ram I used just so long as I didn't mix two different brands on the same channel It's never needed to be set in that manner before CPUID reports it as single channel with a blank entry in the DC mode so I assume its ganged up and in single channel YUCK While the PC is operational since I'm typing this up on it I know its not at its optimal configuration which annoys me to no end After researching the problem via Google and numerous forum post with info unrelated to my exact problem I decided to write up a post in the hopes that some one out there can help me to figure out if the problem lies in my motherboard doubtful or in the processors integrated memory controller I think its the Phenom's memory controller that is faulty or failing It's been in operation since almost continuously and its been a good computer and still is I think the new ram might have been the culprit that shot my memory controller in the back There CAS RAS ratio's do not match by one number one is at CAS the other set CAS and when all GB's was installed the ram would run at not the mhz it's rated to run So like a dumb ass not knowing enough I went in the BIOS and overrode the auto setting for the ram and set it mhz vs the mhz it was defaulting to Did I inadvertently over work the memory controller All the current Ram I have is working and not faulty So that only leaves the Mobo and the processor I don't have tons of cash to spend I'm a poor man So before I bite the bullet and buy a new Phenom to replace the one I have I'd like to try and verify if that is indeed the problem System Info Asus M A -M Motherboard AMD Phenom II X B E Ghz unlocked and over clocked it once but it was unstable back in NVIDIA GT GB mhz Core mhz Bit Width Bit to GB's of Ram when it worked it was at GB's now it's at GB for now SATA Hard drives all independent of each other not raided W OCZ PSU I think that's the gist of the system info one would need If it is indeed my processors memory controller and there is nothing that can be done with what i have on hand to correct the problem then I plan on buying a Phenom II X It's about the same price as my X was in Plus it has the same socket and should work with my motherboard Could the motherboard some how be at fault how can I test this without additional hardware Here is more information about my memory Sorry I didn't post enough information he... Read more

A:Dual Channel Suddenly Stopped Working, Only Single Channel Remains

Britton, go to the asus site for your motherboard. Download and install the latest drivers. Download a copy of your manual and review the bios settings. If need be manually input the correct timings for your ram. Also make sure to follow the ram installation documentation for which slots to use to enable dual channel.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/285468-dual-channel-suddenly-stopped-working-only-single-channel-remains.html
Relevancy 48.59%

My spec is in my profile, but I will also list it here.... I just noticed today that my RAM was running Single Channel mode, so I thought I would change it to Dual Channel mode... so I did.

It completes the Windows XP loading screen, then reboots... constantly, until I change it back to Single Channel mode.

Is there something wrong with my RAM? or is it the motherboard? or my PSU not giving the mobo enough power? I dont have every power cable plugged in, I have a 20 pin ATX power in the 24 pin plug, and the 4 pin ATX power plug and a 4 pin molex cable plugged into the motherboard. Could this not be giving it enough power?
Many thanks, system spec =

AMD Athlon 64 4000+
DFI Lanparty UT nF4 Ultra-D
2 x 512mb Crucial Ballistix PC3200 DDR400
Connect 3D X1800XT 256Mb
2 HDD's etc.
Antec TrueBlue 480W PSU.

A:System reboots constantly, when I change my RAM from Single Channel to Dual Channel

Check your mobo manual, to see in which slots you need to put memory sticks to make it work in Dual Channel mode.
AFAIK you need 1 each of the same size/type in slots 1 and 3 (yellow) for DC.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/system-reboots-constantly-when-i-change-my-ram-from-single-channel-to-dual-channel.58206/
Relevancy 48.59%

I'm trying to decide what would give better performance, Dual Channeled 2x256 DDR400...or Single Channeled 2x256 DDR400 and 512 DDR2100 totalling 1gb RAM. I don't seem to notice much of a difference so far, but I haven't tried much. I figured I'd ask the pros at techspot for advice. :grinthumb

A:Dual Channel 2x256 DDR400 or Single Channel 1gb Mixed DDR RAM

& we are supposed to get your system specs how ? You could be using that Ram on a 600mhz Celeron for all we know.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dual-channel-2x256-ddr400-or-single-channel-1gb-mixed-ddr-ram.17766/
Relevancy 48.59%

Single channel Nforce dethrones its dual channel stablemate quote quot ENTHUSIAST SITE amdmb com discovered this unexpected anomaly which could have far reaching Socket-A repercussions Soltek s bottom dollar SL-NV - motherboard which is based on the single channel nForce chipset is the cause of all this news What is amazing is that it beat Asus dual channel flagship product - the A N X Deluxe in the majority of benchmarks Ryan Shrout the amdmb com reviewer who put Soltek s motherboard through its paces suggests that its performance lead in UT K is down to the dual dethrones Single its channel 400 stablemate Nforce2 channel additional overhead that a dual channel system board has to deal with Looking at the rest of the results I would apply that comment as a general across the board statement Soltek s motherboard retails at a new egg price of - the version without LAN will apparently be sold for under Asustek Single channel Nforce2 400 dethrones its dual channel stablemate s flagship adds an additional which would buy you a Thoroughbred and its cooling kit Will this more for less attribute drive more enthusiasts to buy Soltek s better performing solution Soltek s overall performance lead is not earth shattering but like everything else in this industry perception is everything Of the benchmarks that were run Soltek s board won of them drew and lost only one For the record Quake Evenly matched results UT K to lead D Mark K Wins by a nose PC Mark K Two out of three is good enough SiSoft Sandra K A win in memory but ties in CPU Cachemem to lead Business Winstone K amp K A win in both CC Winstone K K amp K Soltek takes the Triple Crown SPECviewperf Asus only win ScienceMark Pretty much a draw quot nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/single-channel-nforce2-400-dethrones-its-dual-channel-stablemate.6274/
Relevancy 47.73%

My current system was upgraded to windows 7 32bit from vista 32bit (I bought the windows 7 home premium upgrade disc when it was first released). I am going to build a complete new system. Can I install windows 7 64bit from the same windows 7 disc? Or do I have to buy a new windows 7 disc? Is there a way around buying a whole new disc?

A:Solved: New computer build work with old build's Windows 7 Disc?

It won't activate and you will end up in Safe Mode permanently. One machne = one license. You need to buy another full version. But you can do it if you don't use 7 on the old machine. You will just have to activate by phone and explain. Then if you go online with both, one will deactivate and go to Safe Mode.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-new-computer-build-work-with-old-builds-windows-7-disc.1005746/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi, I currently have 2x2GB Corsair DDR3 1333MHz RAM which I had bought around 3 years ago. I am currently thinking of upgrading to 8GB. However, my vendor tells me that 2GB sticks are no longer available for Corsair and that I have to either get a 4GB or 8GB stick.

My current 2x2GB runs in dual-channel mode. If I buy an additional 4GB stick, it will run in single-channel. I use the desktop mainly for gaming purposes. So, I just need to know if mixing 2 modes will cause any problems?

A:Any drawbacks to mixing single-channel and dual-channel for RAM?

Shouldn't cause any problems assuming it is otherwise compatible.

The difference between single and dual channel is minimal for most usage scenarios. If the RAM you have now magically went to single channel 5 minutes from now, you likely wouldn't notice.

You could discard the 2 x 2 you have now and replace with 2 x 4 and get dual channel, but nothing at all wrong with instead spending that money on cigareets, whiskey, and wild, wild women. At least you'd have something to show for it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/335110-any-drawbacks-mixing-single-channel-dual-channel-ram.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi.. So as usual im an idiot and i looked into my case and am still debating if my ram really should sit right next to eachother and i started Speccy and it said that i had single channel ram 2 different channels with 16GB total. I got confused becouse the motherboard manual said i should put the ram like i did.. So now i moved one ramstick, Whent into bios to check if everything was working like it should and now i have dual channel 16GB ram 8x2.
This started a question.. What performance boosts does dualchannel give over single channel.. I know its better but just. In what cases will it be "better" and will you notice it? And in witch scenario will you notice it?

A:Single channel VS Dual Channel RAM performance boost?

almost all mother boards that have 4 ram slots have colour coding. the 2 the same colour, normally a space in between is the dual channel setup.

dual channel effectively doubles the memory bandwidth and halves the cache.

in real world terms youll get a 5-20% performance increase with dual channel when running bench marks.. you probably wont notice it in terms of speedyness though.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/324907-single-channel-vs-dual-channel-ram-performance-boost.html
Relevancy 47.73%

This is probly a very simple question, but i'm after converting my ACER Aspire 5600 laptop from using Dual Channel RAM to Single Channel. I've been told you can do this in the BIOS, but i'm not exacly sure how. I've had a breif look on google but can't seem to find anything of any help.

Thanks a lot,
- Lee

Relevancy 47.73%

Would it just clock the ram down and if so would there be a huge performance hit?

Thanks,

Kevin

A:Dual-Channel Memory in Single-Channel Motherboard

They would work in a single channel motherboard, and it wouldn't effect the speed of the actual RAM however it would effect the overall speed because the memory wouldn't be able to send data back and forth as fast as it could in Dual-channel motherboards.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dual-channel-memory-in-single-channel-motherboard.71276/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi guys,
I want to purchase more ram sticks for my desktop. It already has 3GB in it. 2x1GB sticks and 2x512MB sticks. I would like to take it all the way to 4GB. If I replace the two 512mb sticks am I better off getting a matched pair of sticks for dual channel. A matched pair in most stores seems to be more expensive than just buying two sticks of the same type. What is the difference? My motherboard does support dual by the way.
I think when I bought the two 1GB sticks I just bought 2 of the same make in pc world, but not a matching pair.
I would like to know, does it really matter?
Thanks.

Posted via Mobile Device

Relevancy 47.73%

I m facing an unusual predicament Channel Question Channel/Single Solved: Dual RAM at the moment I currently have Solved: Dual Channel/Single Channel RAM Question Windows Ultimate installed on my custom tower The Solved: Dual Channel/Single Channel RAM Question tower runs an Solved: Dual Channel/Single Channel RAM Question Intel Pentium ghz the OS is bits and initially was installed with one gig of RAM MB sticks dual channel DDR Windows wasn t sluggish surprisingly and I used the upgrade advisor to determine if my system was ready and I found it was I was hoping to add a little quot juice quot so I tore into an old system and found a GB stick of DDR RAM Now I can change the dual channel configuration to single channel operation and run Gigs of RAM or I can keep the dual channel at Gig I ve read on Tom s Hardware that the difference wasn t noticeable in dual vs single but I also know that my processor was built for dual channel Are there any recommendations Make the single channel upgrade or keep the dual channel configuration At some point I will likely purchase another chip but for the time being I m curious about anyone who has been in my position or knows memory well enough Thanks for any input nbsp

A:Solved: Dual Channel/Single Channel RAM Question

depends on you applications. When math is very important, dual channel might out weigh more RAM. If the system is generally sluggish, then more RAM is more important than dual channel.

Honestly, With Vista/ 7... I'd bump to 2GB period.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-dual-channel-single-channel-ram-question.870420/
Relevancy 47.73%

I have a problem and I think it s memory related I read the post about quot Dual-Channel Memory in Single-Channel Motherboard quot But it didn t help plus it was memory channel Dual board? single in Channel from Here s my computer it s old I know I don t have the money to upgrade all of it - Intel Pentium D GHz - EVGA GeForce GS MB GDDR PCI Express - Intel D GGCL ATI Socket Dual Channel memory in single channel board? MicroATX Motherboard - GB x MB PC DDR MHz CL Memory - Ultra -Watt power supply - Windows XP bit I recently bought a memory upgrade GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Dual Channel Kit My computer worked fine minus the small memory amount before I installed the new memory After I installed the new RAM my computer posted got to the windows splash screen got to the log in screen let me log in then loaded the OS While loading the OS and launching other start-up programs my computer froze I restarted many times and it fixed it It never got past a few seconds after loading the OS and a few programs I reinstalled my old memory and it worked fine again without a hitch What is the problem Is it the fact that the new memory is dual channel and the motherboard is single channel I re-read the specs of my mobo and it said that dual channel is optional However when I go to the BOIS menu F on startup it says quot single channel mode quot whith the new dual channel kit is in Is there something in the BIOS I should change Something to download Please Help Thanks in advance - Veng nbsp

A:Dual Channel memory in single channel board?

Well, I can say I solved my own problem.

After I spent the last 4 hours trying to find the problem. I ran a bunch of mem tests, cleaned the mem slots, etc... It turns out it wasn't a hardware issue at all. I was wiggling my mouse on start up and noted the time it froze... and every time it froze an application was launching in the system tray.

Turns out it was Norton F'ing Anti Virus....

The second it launched the computer froze. So I booted in safe mode and disabled the start up and all other functions of Norton. Rebooted in normal mode, and sure enough, it worked! Without a hitch!

Now here comes the Beach of it. Since I couldn't uninstall Norton because I disabled it (i.e. nothing would run because all the extensions, shells and services for it were dead), I rebooted in safe mode to uninstall, BUT Norton doesn't work in safe mode... WHAT!? The damn program specifically states in a condescending dialog box that you "must reboot in normal mode to access Norton... blah blah blah"

What kind of Virus program doesn't let you access it in safe mode? Isn't that the point, to run a virus scan in safe mode? Piece of crap! But anyways, I digress.

So now I finagled a way to run in normal mode without Norton launching to uninstall it. Uninstalling as we speak, actually.

*SO*

To answer my own question:
Yes, dual channel kits work in single channel boards (Just make sure you uninstall Norton before you put the new RAM in, haha).
- Veng

p.s. After this... I'm switching to McAfee or some sh*t.... Christ. YOU HEAR ME NORTON!? GO SUCK A FAT HAIRY LOBSTER C*CK!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dual-channel-memory-in-single-channel-board.141757/
Relevancy 46.87%

I just bought a Dell Studio XPS with an Intel Core i7 chip and fell into the trap of buying 8GB of DDR3 SDRAM (config 2x2GB/4x1GB), which has to be dual channel. My understanding (now) is tri channel is a better way to go. Dell will not refund or exchange sticks.

Dell tells me that the mother board will support tri channel. Can I convert to 6GB tri channel simply by pulling out 2 1GB sticks and creating a 2, 2, 1+1 config, or would it have to be 3 2GB sticks. In the same way, could I buy another 1GB stick from Dell and create 9GB tri channel using a 2+1, 2+1, 1+1+1 config (or does it have to be 3 3GB sticks)?

How does 8GB dual channel compare with 6GB or 9GB tri channel memory?

Are tri channel memory sticks inherently different from dual channel sticks?

A:Question: Dual channel vs. tri channel SDRAM

Hi milrobo,
just to add to what Rick said about memory amount, have a look at this test.
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/memory-module-upgrade,2264.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/question-dual-channel-vs-tri-channel-sdram.128834/
Relevancy 46.87%

Heya, I'm new here, recently, my friend said I had a computer that could have a "dual DDR channel"? I dont know much about computers, and i wanted to know more, so he checked my computer with a program thats called "Cpu-Z" and it said my DDR channel was Single, even though all my "RAM" slots are filled with DDR 512mbs, any reasons why?

A:Switching from Single DDR channel to Dual DDR channel?

Well there may be a setting in Bios to set it for dual channel
Or even a little jumper on the Motherboard that must be placed on the correct pins

You will need to download your computer's (or motherboard's if it's not a name brand) Manual

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/switching-from-single-ddr-channel-to-dual-ddr-channel.114512/
Relevancy 46.87%

My current computer, which I bought late 2004, came with 512MB dual-channel RAM. Because of the 70 updates to Win XP that have occurred since then, with their attendant security crap that burdens the system, I decided today to double my RAM to 1GB. I did that by buying a single 512MB PC 3200 DIMM.

However, my PC has 2 pairs of memory slots. The original 512MB were installed as two 256MB DIMMs, one in one slot in each pair of slots so it was accessed as "dual-channel" RAM. My ASUS MoBo book says that if you insert a SINGLE DIMM in any slot, the entire memory will be addressed as single-channel. So my question is, what's the difference in speed between dual- and single-channel memory? Am I cheating my computer out of higher memory speed by installing a single 512MB DIMM vs. using two 256MB DIMMs which would run as dual-channel memory?

A:Dual-channel vs. Single-channel memory

Yep, although the actual effect may not be that noticeable. You are cutting the memory bandwidth in half.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dual-channel-vs-single-channel-memory.559931/
Relevancy 46.87%

I recently installed an SSD and while I was at it set all my 8 SATA ports to AHCI as some where on IDE mode (but I think they were the unused ports).

Now I noticed in Device Manager I have one ATA Channel 0 and one ATA Channel 1 with the error "This device cannot start. (Code 10)"

How do I fix this?

Is it best to just disable the controllers for the ports I'm not using in the BIOS? All 8 ports are enabled even though I only use 5 of them, I assume the errors would be for unused ports.

Thanks

A:ATA Channel 0, ATA Channel 1: This device cannot start. (Code 10)

After checking the manual I can't disable SATA ports 7 & 8 because they use the same controller as the IDE ports and my DVD-RW is still IDE (it must have burnt 5000 CDs, and one CD even came out with parts of the drive on it years ago, and it still works).

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/ata-channel-0-ata-channel-1-this-device-cannot-start-code-10-a-583727.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hello forum first time here. I have a rather important question.

I currently have Corsair Vengeance memory in my PC

This memory is Triple Channel

I also have 8GB of GsKill dual channel memory. Since i have 1 extra slot left on my Mobo i was gonna use 1 of my old GsKill sticks to give my PC 14GB of ram. There identical except brand and dual / triple channel. Does Dual / Triple channel prevent these from working together?

Thanks in advance.
Jason

Corsair Memory Link: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820233146&Tpk=CMZ12GX3M3A1600C9
G.SKILL Memory Link: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231193&Tpk=F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ

Relevancy 46.87%

Hi, can anyone tell me if there could be a benefit buying 4 x 1 GB DDR2-800 DIMMs, as opposed to 2 x 2 GB DDR2-800 DIMMs? I know the difference between single channel and dual channel is pretty huge, but I'm not sure if it would matter going to quad from dual. I haven't found anything that really helps on the internet.

The reason I am asking is because 4 x 1GB DIMMS are about 25% cheaper than 2 x 2GB DIMMS, however for future upgrade purposes I will have to get rid of DIMMS with the 1 GB sticks, where with the 2 x 2GB I wouldn't. I think the differences between saving now and saving later when upgrading is negligible...so if there is a noticeable performance difference that would help choose.

Thanks!

Relevancy 46.87%

Will dual channel RAM work in a single channel RAM motherboard?

Relevancy 46.87%

Is it possible to fill all of the memory slots on a motherboard that supports dual channel with non-matching ram (one chip at a time as I need/afford it)? If I just put more ram in will the motherboard recognise all of it and just not take advantage of the second channel, or will it not recognise that non-matching ram in the second channel sockets?

Thanks!!

A:Dual channel RAM in single channel mode

It will recognize it but not run in dual channel if the pair are mismatched.
Ps; The pair don't have to be exact matches by the way, same speed, type, size, and timings allow for two different brands to run in dual channel.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dual-channel-ram-in-single-channel-mode.124024/
Relevancy 46.87%

I have the X-Fi SupremeFX PCIe card that comes with the Asus Rampage II Extreme. Its hooked up via Digital Coaxial to a 5.1 HTS Receiver.

I don't have any issues with 5.1ch Dolby Digital when watching DVDs that support it. But all my other audio only comes out the 2 front channels as PCM. On my older computer with a Sound Blaster Audigy card, I was able to get 5 channel stereo through PCM by hooking up through the digital out mini jack and out again through a Digital coaxial cable into the Receiver.

Is there any way to be able to send the 2ch audio to the surround speakers using the SupremeFX card cabled directly to my receiver?

Thanks for any input.

A:Faking a 5 channel signal with 2 channel audio?

Dolby Pro logic supposedly responds to the directionality of a signal, and that's how it synthesizes(or perhaps extracts) the 5 channel info. Well that's great, but I have found that it sounds like s*** on a 2 channel music source, So, I just use the surround modes and allow myself to be entertained with rear channel surround. If the front channel speakers are imaging correctly, there is no need whatsoever for a center channel with music.

Plan "B" is obviously a brand new receiver with discreet 5 or 7 channel inputs. And that pins you to 1 specific listening position, or the effect is lost.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/faking-a-5-channel-signal-with-2-channel-audio.127913/
Relevancy 46.87%

hello everyone this is my first post. any help would greatly be appreciated.

Well my question is can dual channel and single channel be used at the same time? My abit board supports single and dual channels. Right now I have one single channel stick of ddr memory. i'm thinking of adding memory, and i wondered if I get a dual channel set, can i still use the existing single memory stick? let me know thanks.

A:can dual channel ddr be used at the same time with single channel ddr???

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-dual-channel-ddr-be-used-at-the-same-time-with-single-channel-ddr.358189/
Relevancy 46.87%

Well, as it says in the title:
Is single channel 1gb as good as dual channel 2*512 mb.

I have tried to add memory to my mobo, but something went wrong and now my mobo only sees the first memory module. Really, I've tried everything and now I give up to return to normal life until I buy a new system.

So at first I had 2 * 512 mb memory at 800 mhz, dual channel.
Now I have 1* 1g memory at again 800 mhz, but single channel.

So is that ok, or is running at single channel much inferior to dual channel, even if I have the same amount of memory?

A:single channel 1gb as good as dual channel 2*512 mb?

No. Single channel is NEVER better than dual channel. Dual channel is always better and runs faster.

read: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic65114.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/single-channel-1gb-as-good-as-dual-channel-2-512-mb.80600/
Relevancy 46.87%

hi all,

recently it came to my notice that i was running my RAM on single channel mode (2x2gb) on my dh67bl mobo. i saw it in cpu z and it showed single channel.

So, i changed my ram and placed it in identical slots and now the Cpu z shows dual channel RAM. but i don't see any visible difference in performance.

Why is it so? is there any performance difference in running the RAM in dual channel / single channel?

kindly advice,
regards,

Ray

A:RAM: Single Channel to Dual Channel.....no difference?

Hi Ray,

By placing your RAM into dual channel mode, you have effectively doubled its bandwidth, meaning that twice as much data can be transferred at a given point in time.

There should, in theory, be a noticeable difference between single and dual channel mode. However, this depends on the application. For many programs, such as Office (Word, Excel, etc), there will be a slight difference but not as much as you will see with graphics editing or movie conversion.

What is your current WEI score for the memory component? Rerun the assessment and you should see an improvement in this value.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/222553-ram-single-channel-dual-channel-no-difference.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi all,

I was looking at this set of RAM: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=20-231-315&SortField=0&SummaryType=0&Pagesize=10&PurchaseMark=&SelectedRating=-1&VideoOnlyMark=False&VendorMark=&IsFeedbackTab=true&Page=2#scrollFullInfo

This is on a shell shocker deal and is currently cheaper than buying a set of the same ram in a 12GB set. I was wondering if I bought this set would I be able to use it in my motherboard which supports triple channel? Say, could I remove one stick and use the other 3?

Thank you!

A:Quad channel RAM in triple channel mobo?

The short answer is yes. There is no such thing as quad channel ram, or triple or double for that matter. Ram is ram and you run it in single, dual,triple mode that is determined by the memory controller and the motherboard architecture. ram kits are bundled as "dual channel, or "triple channel" meaning that they are ostensibly tested and certified to work together in tandem. usually it means that they were manufactured in the same lot and taken from the line in succession. You can use a portion of a triple channel kit for your dual channel setup, or parts of two dual channel if you like. The only caveat to this is tat the 4 GB modules seem to get a little more finicky than do the 2 GB mods. In all likelihood they will work just fine. But you might want to consider shelling out the extra for a certified set.
hope that helped.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/quad-channel-ram-in-triple-channel-mobo.164127/
Relevancy 46.87%

Ok, as of now I have two 512MB sticks of Ram in my Gigabyte GA-7N400-L board. Based on this diagnostic program I ran, it said my RAM was "single" channel (guessin that means it just regulare DDR).

What I'm wondering is, if I buy a Ram kit of two more 512MB Dual Channel Rams sticks, can I get the dual channel to still work on that set while still running the other two DDR sticks (non-dual on them of course)?

A:Mixing Dual Channel and Single Channel Ram Help!

:wave: Hello & Welcome to TechSpot :wave:

No, dual channel has (next to) nothing to do with the ram chips, but how the motherboard accesses the ram.

The reason you se Dual Channel RAM packages are that those are matched pairs (from the same production batch), and are supposed to give better results than two identical ram sticks bought separatly....

Also, buying dual channel sticks won't do anything for you if your motherboard/cpu doesn't support it. But you don't have to worry about that with your current mobo.

Actually, your mobo has a very good and detailed manual, which tells you how to use dual channel ram stick on page 19.
It even has support for using 4 sticks of ram, unlike many other (older) mobos.

So read that page, and if you still have questions, come back here.
If you can't find your manual, you can download it from here..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mixing-dual-channel-and-single-channel-ram-help.17427/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi,

My system is abit IP35 quad core 2 q6600 running 4gb of RAM, all the same spec.

Win 7 64bit and Win 7 32 bit partitions.

I recently added 64 bit partition to run more RAM, so the slots 2 and 4 will have gotton dust in it as it was unused for ages.

If I wiggle the slot 4 in sometimes I get 8gb and dual channel RAM.

At the moment I have single channel and on 4gb, does that mean I am using 1gb of each of the 4 slots.

The ram is ddr2 2gb sticks x 4.

Do I need to clean the slot?

also Java based apps are crashing on 32bit and 64 bit.

Just clean the slot? what with, whats the best approach?

Thanks

Neil.

A:Single channel DDR2 but can run Dual channel

So magically I have 8gb and dual channel back.

But on the SPD tab the program only shows 2 slots in use.

Whats going on in my PC is it working like it should?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/306397-single-channel-ddr2-but-can-run-dual-channel.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi, I have 2x1GB DDR400 single channel memory. I was wondering if I could add 2x1GB of dual channel memory? So i would have 2gb dual 2gb single.

A:single channel and dual channel ddr400?

There's no such thing as dual channel memory,if the two sticks you've got now are exactly the same,then you can probably run them in dual channel.It depends on which slots you use,it's either 1&2 or 1&3.Check your manual to see,or post your motherboard make and model.Also,is there any reason why you want 4gb of memory.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/single-channel-and-dual-channel-ddr400.39586/
Relevancy 46.87%

im looking at a lga 2011 x79 board. namely this one>
Newegg.com - ASRock X79 Extreme6 LGA 2011 Intel X79 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

but am looking at this ram>
Newegg.com - G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL8Q-16GBZH

do i absolutely need to place 8 sticks of ram in? or can i get away with staggering 4 sticks accross the board instead?

A:dual channel ram in quad channel inputs.

I haven't seen any reviews of the x 79 boards, but I would be very very surprised if 4 sticks would not work.

Or even two sticks.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/225782-dual-channel-ram-quad-channel-inputs.html
Relevancy 45.58%

I have been researching Dual Channel RAM and it seems like a neat feature to have, but I don't know if it will work on my computer.

How do I know if Dual Channel will work for me?

A:Will Dual Channel RAM work on my computer

Check your motherboard's manual, or go to the maker's website and see if your motherboard support it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/will-dual-channel-ram-work-on-my-computer.34894/
Relevancy 45.58%

I have 2 seagate sata drives and 2 normal ata 133 drives my problem is
When I plug in my sata drives slot works fine at least most of the time but sata 2 second drive I have a 120 on it will once in a while boot all the way to windows and then proceed to be accessible but freeze up the entire computer after a while and require hard restart. After that rare opportunity it will usually not even recognize the hd and say Failed to initiate hardware or something like that and <g> to continue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sata-channel-freezes-computer.34346/
Relevancy 45.58%

how do i know if my computer supports dual channel?

A:how do i know computer supports dual channel

Give us the model of the motherboard and we'll tell you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-i-know-computer-supports-dual-channel.427579/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hello everybody I'm reletively new on this forum and I've spent a lot of time reading posts here concerning innovative installation methods and various With SSD Multi-boot, Partition of Multi-Disk Cons / Pros Scheme approaches to partitioning This forum really has some great info and users I'm an old school guy going back to the days before PCs even existed Electronics has always circulated in my bloodstream I'm an old dog but open to new tricks I decided to overhaul my primary workhorse computer See this thread for full description by adding an SSD and rearranging my drivespace as one Pros / Cons of Multi-boot, Multi-Disk Partition Scheme With SSD of my drives was failing I had an GB Vertex SSD scavanged from another system and thus I hatched my new partition scheme to use it Long story short is that after multiple trials I came to the conclusion the SSD was causing me much trouble probably failing due to it's age GB was a mighty tight fit anyway to boot operating systems So today I ordered a new SSD a low cost GB Sandisk Plus from Amazon paying less than including shipping by using a discount coupon I had At this point I'm asking myself whether I should scrap all of the MBR partitioned disks and use only GPT disks In reading this thread I see it's now possible to boot Windows installed on GPT using a non UEFI legacy BIOS which is good b c that's all my mobo supports That thread also requires at least a minimal MBR image be it on a floppy VHD or other virtual image or via some other clever quot trick quot to allow either winload exe or bootmgr to live in the MBR world but still be able to find the SYSROOT partition on GPT media I think this reboot pro post is the approach that best matches my requirements and I am going to use it if I can It's a matter of whether I can obtain all of the pieces like the modified wimboot My days of Windows development are long gone and I am no longer familiar with the tools Almost everything is Net now Linux on the other hand is where any dev work I do takes place I'll have to look at the github info and see if the changes to wimboot are within my skills and desire to do On the other hand I could stick with the simple MBR scheme for the SSD as I began with and avoid the need to use clever tricks to boot Windows That won't work to boot Windows I'll need to use the bag of tricks for that So that being the case why not go GPT all the way So I'd like to hear from any of you out there who have built a similar multi-boot system and have input as to the pros and cons of a GPT only vs mixed MBR GPT partitioning scheme or if you have any words of wisdom regarding optimmizing Windows for use with an SSD I've been reading those threads here too good info for sure but if you have anything to add I quot m all ears

A:Pros / Cons of Multi-boot, Multi-Disk Partition Scheme With SSD

To the best of my knowledge MBR will work just find for drives smaller than 2 TB.
Drives bigger than that need to be GPT.

A little info from Microsoft.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2581408

Quote:
In order for an operating system to fully support storage devices that have capacities that exceed 2 terabytes (2 TB, or 2 trillion bytes), the device must be initialized by using the GUID partition table (GPT) partitioning scheme. This scheme supports addressing of the full range of storage capacity. If the user intends to start the computer from one of these large disks, the system’s base firmware interface must use the Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI) and not BIOS.

More helpful info from one of Brinks tutorials.

Hard Drive - GPT or MBR

More information if need be.

How to Convert a MBR Disk to a GPT Disk
How to Convert a GPT Disk to a MBR Disk

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/389632-pros-cons-multi-boot-multi-disk-partition-scheme-ssd.html
Relevancy 45.58%

This is probably the most painful issue I have with Windows right now and likely previous versions as well but I didn't have a multi-DPI on text Blurry in monitor multi-resolution, secondary setup multi-monitor setup back then Blurry text on secondary monitor in multi-resolution, multi-DPI setup The monitors I have are as follows x K UHD monitor with preferred DPI x Full Blurry text on secondary monitor in multi-resolution, multi-DPI setup HD monitor with preferred DPI Whenever one of these monitors are set as primary all desktop applications displayed on the secondary monitor doesn't matter which has blurry text Exceptions are Blurry text on secondary monitor in multi-resolution, multi-DPI setup the Windows Store Apps like Windows Store and Microsoft Edge along with the Taskbar Start Menu the Taskbar Start Menu settings screen the Taskbar context menu and the desktop context menu which passes the DPI test with flying colours with crispy text on both monitors occasionally a DPI switch bug gets in but I can mostly ignore that The problem is as you can probably guess is that gt of the applications I use aren't Windows Store Apps Here are some screenshots The quot Taskbar and Start Menu Properties quot text is what the text should look like while the Visual Studio text is an example of the text most desktop apps get The blurry image is what happens when the UHD monitor is not the primary monitor Attachment Attachment Note Both of these screenshots came from the DPI monitor so it's best viewed at that DPI level The DPI monitor is similarly affected Things I've already tried Reinstall the graphics driver this was unhelpfully given by a Microsoft Support Engineer Did this multiple times in fact for unrelated reasons Reinstall Windows through Reset This PC recovery option I did this for also unrelated reasons but it definitely doesn't fix this issue Use the XP Explorer quot fix quot Merely worsens the problem Adjusting ClearType options Alleviates the issue a bit but see next point Disabling ClearType on the affected monitor The text obviously sharpens but it's painful to read and a close inspection of the text reveals the issue isn't solved at all only mitigated slightly Replacing the video card I swapped this in with my older GTX Ti but it's obvious the problem remains Both it and my current card are NVIDIAs though so it's vaguely possible the drivers or the cards themselves are the cause I don't have an ATI AMD card that still works at least to test the setup and every Intel iGPU I have either has only one monitor output or is incapable of handling UHD resolutions Things I won't try Setting both monitors' DPI to Text would become microscopic considering the UHD monitor's actual size Use the text resizing feature instead I'm going take a wild guess that this is not monitor-specific and would cause everything on the HD monitor to be far too large to the point that I'd rather unplug it Does anyone have a multi-resolution multi-DPI multi-monitor setup with or without this issue The text is painful to read on whichever is the secondary monitor right now and is extremely apparent whenever the background is dark

A:Blurry text on secondary monitor in multi-resolution, multi-DPI setup

Hi Seally,

I have exactly the same problems and I am searching for a solution. I have noticed the problems after upgrading Windows 10 to TH2. But may be I havn't noticed the problems before :-)

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/30147-blurry-text-secondary-monitor-multi-resolution-multi-dpi-setup.html
Relevancy 45.58%

This is probably the most painful issue I have with Windows right now and likely previous versions as well but I didn't have a multi-monitor setup back then The monitors I have are as follows x K UHD monitor with preferred DPI x Full HD monitor with preferred DPI Whenever one of these monitors are set as primary all desktop applications displayed on the secondary monitor doesn't matter which has blurry text Exceptions are the Windows Store Apps like Windows Store and Microsoft Edge along with the Taskbar Start Menu the Taskbar Start Menu settings screen the Taskbar context menu and the desktop context menu which passes the DPI test with flying colours with crispy text on both monitors occasionally a DPI switch bug gets in but I can mostly ignore on multi-resolution, monitor multi-DPI text Blurry setup secondary in that The problem is as you can probably guess is that gt of the applications I use aren't Windows Store Apps Here are some screenshots The quot Taskbar and Start Menu Properties quot text is what the text should look like while Blurry text on secondary monitor in multi-resolution, multi-DPI setup the Visual Studio text is an example of the text most desktop apps get The blurry image is what happens when the UHD monitor is not the primary monitor Attachment Attachment Note Both of these screenshots came from the DPI monitor so it's best viewed at that DPI level The DPI monitor is similarly affected Things I've already tried Reinstall the graphics driver this was unhelpfully given by a Microsoft Support Engineer Did this multiple times in fact for unrelated reasons Reinstall Windows through Reset This PC recovery option I did this for also unrelated reasons but it definitely doesn't fix this issue Use the XP Explorer quot fix quot Merely worsens the problem Adjusting ClearType options Alleviates the issue a bit but see next point Disabling ClearType on the affected monitor The text obviously sharpens but it's painful to read and a close inspection of the text reveals the issue isn't solved at all only mitigated slightly Replacing the video card I swapped this in with my older GTX Ti but it's obvious the problem remains Both it and my current card are NVIDIAs though so it's vaguely possible the drivers or the cards themselves are the cause I don't have an ATI AMD card that still works at least to test the setup and every Intel iGPU I have either has only one monitor output or is incapable of handling UHD resolutions Things I won't try Setting both monitors' DPI to Text would become microscopic considering the UHD monitor's actual size Use the text resizing feature instead I'm going take a wild guess that this is not monitor-specific and would cause everything on the HD monitor to be far too large to the point that I'd rather unplug it Does anyone have a multi-resolution multi-DPI multi-monitor setup with or without this issue The text is painful to read on whichever is the secondary monitor right now and is extremely apparent whenever the background is dark

A:Blurry text on secondary monitor in multi-resolution, multi-DPI setup

Hi Seally,

I have exactly the same problems and I am searching for a solution. I have noticed the problems after upgrading Windows 10 to TH2. But may be I havn't noticed the problems before :-)

http://www.tenforums.com/graphic-cards/30147-blurry-text-secondary-monitor-multi-resolution-multi-dpi-setup.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I was looking at MB's and I looked at what kind of ram it takes it says it takes DDR3 with dual channel and i looked at some DDR3 triple channel will it still work?

A:triple channel ram with dual channel MB

Yes. I take it you mean triple channel memory kits. If so, you would use just 2 out of the 3 sticks. However, dual channel DDR3 kits are available.

Which motherboards were you looking at?

Welcome to Corsair :: Corsair DDR3 Memory Solutions

Kingston Technology Company - HyperX DDR3 -

http://www.crucial.com/store/listmodule/DDR3/list.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/124091-triple-channel-ram-dual-channel-mb.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hello All, i was wondering what is single channel and dual channel. This question came to my mind when i ran my PC with single RAM stick it shows "running on single channel" and when i inserted the second stick it says "running on dual channel". What is this?.......Also my graphic card crashes when i use the second stick, but runs smooth with single. I ran a memtest throughout night and got a blue screen in the morning. I will replace my RAM if it is faulty, but would like to know if there is some settings missing on my mobo.

A:Dual channel vs Single channel

Essentially, dual channel means that you have two channels/pathways for your CPU to access your RAM rather than one in single channel. It's kinda like having a 2 lane highway versus a 1 lane highway to drive on. Think increased space for data flow. More space, more data. It improves performance.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/141847-dual-channel-vs-single-channel.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hey Guyz just a question, i have 1 gig of ram running single at the moment. i have a amd 64bit 3000+ processor running windows xp home. am i better to run my ram config this way or to run 512mb dual channel? if not to much hassel please explain! thanks!

A:Single Channel vs Dual Channel Ram

check out this article....

First of all does your mobo support dual channel? AMD socket 754 do not support dual channel. I have a 754

Here is an article that answers all of your questions...
(http://www.devhardware.com/c/a/Memory/Dual-Channel/)

Keep in mind that in order to perform in dual channel you need to sticks of the exact type of memory - "matched pairs" (same speed and latency).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/single-channel-vs-dual-channel-ram.43779/
Relevancy 45.15%

I recently purchased a 1gb stick of ddr400 (non-ecc) dual channel ram. i have a dell 8300 with 2x256mb single channel ram sticks. i tried to replace the 2x256mb sticks(ddr400) with the 1gb stick in DiMM 1, this resulted in beeping of the pc and it not booting. I also tryed the 2 256mb in DiMM 1 and DiMM 3 with the 1gb stick in DiMM 2. Whichever way i try it my pc refuses to read the 1gb stick. Im running windows xp. do i need to purchase a second 1gb stick for DiMM 4?

thanks in advance this has been bugging me for quite some time!

Relevancy 45.15%

hi!
its about my old desktop computer..
abit nf-m2s motherboard, amd athelon 2.4Ghz prossesor, 2X512MB RAM(!!!).
i have installed windows 7 (32bit) on it a month ago, but after getting pissed of waiting i decided to buy another 2Gb ram, and replaced it instead of one of the 512-ram (bad move i guess) and at the beggining it seems to work fast and well (computer properties showed me 2.5gb ram).
after an hour of using it stuck, when i restart the computer, while noticing that on the startup it says 'single channel-64 bit' (and not 128, i guess). .. and stuck again..
i tried working only with the 2gb card, or back only with the 2X512 - nothing helps.

is there any solution besides reinstall win 7 with the 2GB card?
does another 2BG card for faster duel channel will be helpful(with my slow processor..)?

waiting for salvation..
shachaf

A:dual channel to single channel

Usually, to get dual channel, you have to install RAM in pairs of the same size.

If you are using multiple pairs, the pairs don't have to be the same size. (Example: two 1GB DIMMs, plus two 2GB ones, would support dual channel, although they'd have to be in the correct slots.)

I belive that some motherboards can use dual channel mode with 3 DIMMs, but it's not obvious how that works.

My Intel X58 motherboard claims to be able to do triple channel with 4 DIMMs in the right slots, but I've never tried it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/163967-dual-channel-single-channel.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Can I change my motherboard from single channel to dual channel Is decided by the bios? Acer x1700 desktop. thanks

A:Single channel to dual channel

That depends on whether or not you have a matching set of dual channel memory installed.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/single-channel-to-dual-channel.186999/
Relevancy 45.15%

someone suggested I change my i7 spec from s 1366 2.66Ghz i7 and 6Gb 1333mhz Triple Channel memory to 1156 2.8Ghz i7 and 4Gb 1600Mhz Dual Channel Memory ...

im wondering what kind of an performance impact will moving from Triple channel board and memory to dual-channel board and memory have - will this impact performance much?

thanks

A:i7 - Triple Channel VS. Dual Channel

Well it seems that you are upping the CPU from 2.66 to 2.8 this would probably balence out the tripple down to dual channel performance loss if not beat it. But then you are going from 6gb to only 4gb of RAM so that would probably lower performance on some really demanding programs or some seriously intense multi-tasking.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i7-triple-channel-vs-dual-channel.890790/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hello,

i understand how to set up dual channels with matching pairs - that is not my question. What i can't find the answer for is this:

If i have a matching pair of 512 = 1g
and a matching pair of 1g = 2g,..

Does it make a difference which pair is in which channel? Should i have 2g in channel 1 and 1g in channel 2, or would this make no difference?

thank you!!

Madilyn

A:Dual-channel RAM -- more in channel 1 or 2? Does it matter?

You can run different stick of RAM at the same time in Dual channel asynchronous, but I think they'll operate at single channel speeds.
If you decide to run in asynchronous mode, I think that it doesn't matter.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dual-channel-ram-more-in-channel-1-or-2-does-it-matter.178524/
Relevancy 45.15%

I have a table that lists every MLS system,the state and coverage area. There are multiple entries for each county

I am trying to convert this to a table that has one entry per county and includes all the MLS that are active in that county.

I have attached a sample set of data to display the current and desired table structure.

Is there a way to do this in excel via a formula/s?

I have attempted multiple combinations of index and match but I can't seem to figure it out. I need to match on the state and then look to see if the county is in the range of County 1 to County 3. If it does exist I need to display the name of the MLS system.

Any guidance would be much appreciated.

Relevancy 44.72%

I plan on using this computer for games like FC Crysis Civ LoL look computer build, a good build? this First does like Arma Kerbal SP CoD SimCity torrenting and multitasking gaming music or gaming skype or all three I plan First computer build, does this look like a good build? on building it within the month I prefer performance over cost I have Windows Ultimate -bit I have a quot Samsung T B x Bose USB speakers and a mouse but I will need a keyboard I also have access to wired internet I m just wondering if anyone First computer build, does this look like a good build? has any suggestions on these parts seeing as I am new to computer building I did a good amount of research so far And also if these parts would fit and work well together Thank First computer build, does this look like a good build? you CPU Intel Core i - K GHz Quad-Core Processor CPU Cooler Cooler Master Hyper Plus CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler Motherboard Asus P Z -V PRO GEN ATX LGA Motherboard Memory Corsair Vengeance LP GB x GB DDR - Memory Storage Western Digital Caviar Blue TB quot RPM Internal Hard Drive Video Card Sapphire Radeon HD GB Video Card Wired Network Adapter Intel EXPI CTBLK Mbps PCI-Express x Network Adapter Case Cooler Master HAF Advanced ATX Full Tower Case Power Supply Antec Basiq Plus W PLUS Certified ATX V Power Supply Optical Drive Lite-On iHAS - DVD CD Writer Keyboard Lite-On SK- BS Wired Standard Keyboard Total from Newegg nbsp

A:First computer build, does this look like a good build?

The build looks good. I only have one question. Is the on-board LAN (network adapter) not suitable for your needs?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/first-computer-build-does-this-look-like-a-good-build.191395/
Relevancy 44.72%

I have 2 GB of dual channel DDR2 800 in my comp at the moment and i just got a dual channel set of PC4200 DDR2 533 fropm my friend. However, now when i start up my comp, in bios it reads it as 4gb but in windows it reads it as 3GB. solution? Also id like to overclock the 533 i have to 800, so my PC2 6400 runs as its supposed to, is this realistic? what kind of cooling equiptment do i need?

A:computer reading 4GB RAM (4X1GB Dual Channel) as 3GB (windows XP)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-reading-4gb-ram-4x1gb-dual-channel-as-3gb-windows-xp.576535/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi, just a quick question. I recently purchased Windows 7 Home Premium Edition for the new computer I built and was wondering if it was possible to install it on more then one computer. Does the license limit you to one computer only?

A:Multi Computer OS?

Unless you bought the 3 pc upgrade edition, yes one PC per license.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/multi-computer-os-472593.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I've been running Kingston HyperX 240-Pin DDR2 675 (PC2 5400) Dual Channel SDRAM for over a year now. I just realised that it is only running in Single Channel mode. I'm pretty sure it's because my mobo Foxconn 915A01-P-8EKRS only supports Dual Channel with a bandwith of up to 533 (PC2 4200). My question is, if I purchase the 533 version will I be able to run the new pair with Dual Channel while running the old pair with Single Channel?

(I know that the old pair will probably jump down to 533 also.)

Also, do you think it would be worth it for $100? Is there a noticeable difference?

Thanks for the help.

A:Mixing Dual Channel Pair and Single Channel Pair Memory question

need more specs

does your mobo have 4 ram slots if so use the 1st and 3rd that should run it in dual channel !!

also make sure you on have 2 sticks in not 3 :slurp:

and the answer is to your question what ever the lowest speed ram is. the other ram will be clocked down to run at that same speed the lowest speed
takes the rains !!!
and you will notice the difference running dual chanel

but for reall speed difference ditch your ram and buy GEIL ULTRA

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mixing-dual-channel-pair-and-single-channel-pair-memory-question.42151/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi

We have a problem with vista opearting system..

while resuming our computer from sleep mode we get a message as IDE channel is preventing the computer to enter hibernation mode.

So we uninstalled the IDE channel from device manager and restarted the system then tried to resume the computer from sleep mode.

Now we get a msg as ATA device is preventing the computer to enter hibernation mode.

Any idea how to fix it????

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/ide-channel-device-is-preventing-the-computer-to-enter-hibernation-mode-299907.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Hello Allow me to apologize and thank you in advance for any advice that you can - Channel IDE Cable Secondary Computer 80 Conductor No start up? Installed won't give me As my father is the only one in the family who knows anything about computers and he'll be away for two weeks I am quite desperate to solve this problem and get to my files Unfortunately that being said I have little or only basic knowledge of computers but I will try to clarify on things if I Secondary IDE Channel No 80 Conductor Cable Installed - Computer won't start up? have to When I turn Secondary IDE Channel No 80 Conductor Cable Installed - Computer won't start up? on my computer it immediately shows a quot Secondary IDE Channel No Conductor Cable Installed quot error before continuing on with the boot up However once it reaches the black screen with the microsoft logo and after maybe a minute or two it jumps to an error screen unfortunately it is too fast for me to read everything and then promptly restarts itself repeating this cycle What I find odd however is that my computer was working perfectly fine before In fact I was just using it last night and I shut it off normally as I always do I only ran into this problem upon trying to boot it up this morning Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated Thank you very much

A:Secondary IDE Channel No 80 Conductor Cable Installed - Computer won't start up?

Replace that cable (they do tank from time to time) and be sure you get a newer 80 conductor cable instead of some older one you might have lying around that is the old 40 conductor cable.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/secondary-ide-channel-no-80-conductor-cable-installed-computer-wont-start-up-465345.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Out of no where my computer ceases to be able to multi-task.

For example. I am playing a game while listening to music. When I hold down a button in the game to walk the music becomes choppy.

I have also noticed that when I am using one program something the CPU usage is usually 88-95% usage on the program which makes it impossible to do anything else while using the program. This all started happening about 2 days after I re-installed my OS.

Also system restore doesn't seem to work. It always says "System restore failed: nothing on your hard drive was changed." but I know that the restore point is different from what I have on my computer right now.

Some one help me please

Relevancy 44.29%

Hi Guys Really hope someone can help me out The sharing problem I've encountered has really been annoying Anyway here's the problem I have a Multi-OS unit Ubuntu x Windows XP Pros and Windows Vista the problem started when I installed Windows bit RC At first it worked well then once I started using my media pictures music files videos whenever I worked on XP and Vista I couldn't access my files in the media folders It always says Access denied I found a small remedy by booting in Windows and then editing the sharing properties Share with homegroup and adding everybody in the list of people quot to share with quot The thing is it doesn't work with some sub folders and files inside sub folders I end up having to edit each and every shared folder's security share settings The big question I'd like computer same on sharing Multi-OS to consult is if there was some way of resetting the sharing properties of my main parent folders and reset them Multi-OS sharing on same computer and their sub-folder hierarchy I understand the problem with security but I think that it doesn't apply here since its just other OSes within the same system trying to access files inside it hope someone can help thanks in advance

A:Multi-OS sharing on same computer

You're not "sharing" in the network sense implied by this forum's name - the multiple operating systems are simply having trouble dealing with each others file security descriptors on a local drive.

A bit of background...

Each of the Windows OSs you mentioned has its own user database. Those accounts are tracked via a "security identifier" (SID) which is a big ugly string that looks a little like this S-1-5-21-12345678-abcd-4321. That is the real username, in some ways, and it's going to be different for each user in each of your OS installations. As an example, if your two XP installs both have an account called "Bob", the SIDs of those two accounts are going to be entirely different, even though the usernames might be the same.

For NTFS partitions, each file has an Access Control List (ACL) associated with it. The list contains SIDs and their respective access rights: "SIDx - read and write; SIDy - only read".

When it's time to decide whether a user attempting to access a file should be given access, the OS correlates that user's SID to the contents of the file's ACL. If the ACL contains a specific entry for the SID in question or one of the groups that user belongs to, those become the effective access rights. Otherwise, if the SID is simply unmentioned, the effect is an "access denied".

In your case, the problem you've got is that the various OSs have no idea about each other's SIDs because the account databases are entirely separate. There are several workarounds but they're all inelegant. You can continue to edit the ACLs, the way you've been doing, to add more SIDs from different OS installs, or you could enable the "guest" account... or you might even want to consider a FAT32 partition.

I can't recall the last time I actually advised somebody to use FAT32, but in your case it may be useful for what you want to do. Create one or more separate partitions for all the files being commonly shared between the different OSs, and because FAT32 has no concept of security at all (no ACLs), everybody will always have full access to each of those files.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/27311-multi-os-sharing-same-computer.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Currently there are 3 laptops in the family:
XP machine with a 40GB HDD
Vista machine with a 320GB HDD
Win7 machine with a 500GB HDD

I would like to purchase an external USB 1TB HDD, partition it into three partitions, and use it to create images or clones of each of these three machines as a method of backing them up.

Is this a possible/practical way of doing backups? What would be my best bet for easy to use software for this (preferrable freeware) that would run under all three OS's? Opinions on which external hard drive to get?

Thanks.

edit: Would 'Redo Backup and Restore' work with three separate partions on an external drive?

A:Multi-computer backup

I would create a base image of each PC using Norton Ghost or Acronis and then backup the My Documents/Libraries folders periodically(every week or month or so) using scheduled backups with a free backup software like Cobian.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/399082/multi-computer-backup/
Relevancy 44.29%

I have a 9800 GX2 card and always want to run two monitors. In the Nvidia Control Panel set-up under 3D settings and sub heading "Set Multi-GPU Config" I have the recommended option of Multi-GPU Mode, but if I select that, the second monitor stays blank. I assume because my card has two GPU's internally SLI connected and you (to date) can't run two monitors when SLI invoked?

Assuming that is correct

1. Is Nvidia working to overcome this major hurdle of SLI and 2 Monitors?
2. If I use Triple Head to Go, will this allow me to select Multi-GPU and still have two monitors and will I have better performance?

Kotuku

A:Multi GPU Mode Versus Multi Display

When you use SLI, the secondary GPU shuts the output off, so you can't connect a monitor to the second GPU. It's always been like this with Nvidia SLI. I'm quite sure if you use an external multi-monitor device, you could set multiple monitors up while still haveing SLI enabled.

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/173980-multi-gpu-mode-versus-multi-display.html
Relevancy 44.29%

I ve recently purchased a second GB disk for my rig already containing a GB disk I ve read quite a bit about partitioning strategies and I ve still got a few questions that I couldn t seem to find subjective answers for First off I m looking at have a multi boot partitioning hard Multi multi o/s disks, system with at least OS primary XP install secondary XP install with only my CAD programs vista install then I m also looking Linux Ubuntu one of my concerns in if I put a small partition at Multi hard disks, multi o/s partitioning the beginning of the first disk then my th partition for OS ends up being a extended logical partition no I read somewhere that Multi hard disks, multi o/s partitioning O S can only start from Primary partition But I also read at http partition radified com that he s put O S on Extended logical drives here s how I propose to setup my disks DISK - OGB TOTAL ACUTAL GB P - GB - FAT - for DOS based utilities programs P - GB - NTFS - Primary XP w most programs P - GB - NTFS - Secondary XP w only CAD programs P - GB - NTFS - Vista E - GB - FAT - Linux Ubuntu E - GB - FAT - Linux swap E - GB - NTFS - MULTI CD DVD PROGRAMS E - GB - NTFS - RESERVE E - GB - BACK-UP IMAGES DISK - GB TOTAL ACTUAL GB P - GB - NTFS - PAGEFILE P - GB - NTFS - BACK-UP O S P - GB - FAT - RESERVE E - GB - NTFS - DATAT MY DOCUMENTS FOLDER E - GB - NTFS BACK-UP IMAGES let me know what you guys think nbsp

A:Multi hard disks, multi o/s partitioning

The Windows OS has issues starting from anything other than the C:\ drive, so you may have to load the OS in separate directories on that partition and utilize a boot menu to select which configuration you desire at boot.

As for Linux, I am not aware of any such limitations, but YMMV. Good Luck.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/multi-hard-disks-multi-o-s-partitioning.763326/
Relevancy 44.29%

Recently I reinstalled the OS on my computer. It was shipped with Windows XP HE SP2, but I formatted and put Win98 onto the system. Needless to say, it froze up at the Windows splash screen. So, I uninstalled it and put XP back on. My question here is, is there any possible way to put Windows 3.1, Windows 95, Windows 98, and Windows XP all on one hard drive, and it work? I know how to partition the hard drive accordingly for the deed, it's getting the computer to actually run 95, 98, and 3.1. I'm cheating fate here, since I know 3.1 probably won't run on my 32-bit structure system, but it's worth a try.

My system is a Dell Dimension 4700 with 3.0 gHz CPU, 256 mb of RAM, and an nVidia 64 mb video card. Any help is greatly appreciated.

A:Multi Partition Boot/Multi OS install

The XP boot loader will let you boot XP and one DOS-based Windows version (Win 9x or Win3.1). However, you can't run multiple versions of Win9x and Win3.1 on the same system -- unless there is potentially some 3rd-party boot loader that can do this, but I can't recommend one.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/multi-partition-boot-multi-os-install.433132/
Relevancy 44.29%

OK. My computer multi-boots to Windows 7 & 8 right now. 8 is on an SSD.

I am thinking about adding another HDD, moving 8 to the new HDD, and installing Windows 10 [Technical Preview] onto the SSD. If I disconnect the drives with 7 & 8 during the install, then add them to the boot menu after, can I make the computer boot to the HDD with 8, have that boot menu default to 8, with 7 & 10 as options, and if I make the computer boot off the SSD default to 10 with 7 & 8 as options?

A:Multi-Boot & Multi-Harddrive booting

Clone or image Windows 8 to a partition you create on the HD, boot into it or Windows 7 to add the other OS to a Dual Boot menu using EasyBCD (click Download - no Name or Email required).

Unplug the 7/8 hard drive, plug in the SSD to Clean Install Windows 10 Technical Preview.

After install plug back in the hard drive, boot it when needed using the one-time BIOS boot menu key, leaving the SSD as drive set first to boot in BIOS setup.

If this is not to your liking, then boot into the hard drive OS from which you set up the Dual Boot with EasyBCD, add Windows 10 to the Dual Boot menu using type Windows 8.1. You'll now have a Multi-Boot menu for all OS's, but the drives will still remain independently bootable, whereas if you'd installed TP to SSD with the hard drive plugged in, it will configure a Dual Boot which makes the SSD's boot entirely dependent upon the HD.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/355370-multi-boot-multi-harddrive-booting.html
Relevancy 43.86%

I recently built a new rig only saved the hard drive and the cd dvd drive I spent hours and hours and HOURS trying to install windows vista and it kept freezing in the same or around the same areas The mouse would freeze the keyboard Dual pc26400 Channel..2GB minutes with Computer booting freezes within corsair of few and everything else would stop responding and the computer would shut itself off after about minutes of it just sitting there locked up After a few days of troubleshooting i discovered it was my ram I left one stick in and installed windows and had high hopes that the problem would be solved after I installed mobo drivers but nope The problem persisted freezing at the windows loading screen after Computer freezes within few minutes of booting with Dual Channel..2GB corsair pc26400 I placed the second stick back in When I place the two sticks in single channel they work But just like the windows installation Computer freezes within few minutes of booting with Dual Channel..2GB corsair pc26400 the computer will freeze anywhere from the loading screen of windows to the first minute of the desktop and will turn off after a few minutes my specs GB Corsair PC DDR Abit FP-IN SLI by Fatal ty Nforce i Windows Vista Ultimate -bit Intel Core Duo E EVGA GTS Superclock GB HD Five Case Fans w Power Supply I ve spent hours looking on different forums messing around with bios settings adjusting voltages etc My friend s computer who has gb of the same ram let me put his ram in his computer to test it out and it worked flawlessly I think i m going to try a different brand of ram tomorrow but i m afraid that it won t make a difference It just really sucks everything is brand spankin new any help would really be appreciated nbsp

A:Computer freezes within few minutes of booting with Dual Channel..2GB corsair pc26400

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-freezes-within-few-minutes-of-booting-with-dual-channel-2gb-corsair-pc26400.645816/
Relevancy 43.86%

I am trying to decide what the best option is for configuring (set up, updates, installs) multiple computers on a network domain. Could someone who has experience with at leat one (ideally a few) of these solutions comment on which one is best? We are running mostly windows 10, a few windows 7 machines, and a server with windows 2012. We will most likely only have one or two configurations that will be cookie-cutter for everyone.
The solutions I am considering are:
NTLite
Windows ADK with group policy for some updates
System Center Configuration Manager
Things I would like to consider: Ease of learning and use, speed of setup, and features/usability. I would like to be able to not only install windows updates, but also third party software. What are you using? Is there anything else better than any of these? I'm looking to get a consensus on the best option, so please leave a comment with any opinions on the matter.

A:Best tool for multi-computer configuration

I would think it depends on the software, and what your trying to do. If you want the ability to continually deploy updates , installs, and patches. Then from your list only system center will work. If you are just looking to deploy Windows to multiple machines with a custom image that includes integrated updates and software. You will need at least 1 volume license aagreement. That will give you deployment rights for Windows. Then you can use the adk to create the image, and I would recommend setting up a FOG server (Free Opensource Ghost) to deploy the image using Pxe boot.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/630810/best-tool-for-multi-computer-configuration/
Relevancy 43.86%

Greetings all I am trying to get my niece s laptop cleaned up but it seems like she has some doozie s in it So first some info the laptop is running Vista Home Premium SP there are multiple popup warnings from Windows Security alert Windows Defender and Antivirus Pro over computer Multi the infections-little control there are multiple warning of various Multi infections-little control over the computer files Multi infections-little control over the computer infected including dllhost exe chkdsk is corrupt etc an infiltration alert for various port numbers by Nuqel E and BankerFox A the popups are almost constant the internet by ethernet cable to my dsl gets disconnected in a couple of minutes in normal mode in safe mode with networking the internet is again disconnected The alerts indicate Fakespypro Alureon CT Vundo gen AN and ME Hiloti gen A and Renos JM and JI So here is what I have done so far I downloaded the latest MBAM and HJT from the net onto a thumb drive and placed them onto the desktop Each one began installing normally then They would not install both show the install exe files as infected Went back to my computer and renamed both files reinstalled onto the desktop of the laptop tried to run and the same install exe infected messages returned So where do I go from here I gratefully received super help here in June with a Vundo myself You guys are on the top of my list Got any ideas Thanks Robert

A:Multi infections-little control over the computer

Try this application first and then immediately run your scan tools againPlease download Rkill by Grinler and save it to your desktop.Link 2Link 3Link 4Double-click on the Rkill desktop icon to run the tool.If using Vista, right-click on it and Run As Administrator.A black DOS box will briefly flash and then disappear. This is normal and indicates the tool ran successfully.If not, delete the file, then download and use the one provided in Link 2.If it does not work, repeat the process and attempt to use one of the remaining links until the tool runs.If the tool does not run from any of the links provided, please let me know.If you reboot the computer, you will have to run it again when you run another tool

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/270488/multi-infections-little-control-over-the-computer/
Relevancy 43.86%

hey guys, i just got hired as a tech, but i never had to install programs on multi-computers at the same time. How do you do it, and i believe im going to have to use a server. Im so use to installing one computer at a time. Any help will help thanks.

A:how do you load multi-computer at same time.

google for 'network admin silent install'

it's a scripted install process

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-do-you-load-multi-computer-at-same-time.88034/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi

I want to use the skydrive app for users on the domain. They would all share this drive in the notification area but log in and out of the drive with each accessing their own files. This will be for clients logging in with an active directory account. Is this possible? use it as secure flexible on line storage obviously they would all nee a hotmail address.

Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/skydrive-multi-users-same-computer-685346.html
Relevancy 43.43%

I saw in another topic about trying to remove the Multi-File Downloader program from their computer so here is the info needed:GMER 1.0.15.15252 - http://www.gmer.netRootkit quick scan 2009-12-04 12:19:22Windows 6.0.6002 Service Pack 2Running: 2rp7tly3.exe; Driver: C:\Users\CHAUNC~1\AppData\Local\Temp\fwtyyuod.sys---- Devices - GMER 1.0.15 ----AttachedDevice \Driver\tdx \Device\Ip avgtdix.sys (AVG Network connection watcher/AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o.)AttachedDevice \Driver\tdx \Device\Tcp avgtdix.sys (AVG Network connection watcher/AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o.)AttachedDevice \Driver\tdx \Device\Udp avgtdix.sys (AVG Network connection watcher/AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o.)AttachedDevice \Driver\tdx \Device\RawIp avgtdix.sys (AVG Network connection watcher/AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o.)---- Threads - GMER 1.0.15 ----Thread System [4:380] 8B704650Thread System [4:388] 8B704650Thread System [4:392] 8B735E70Thread System [4:396] 8B735E70Thread System [4:400] 8B735E70---- EOF - GMER 1.0.15 ----

A:Trying to Remove Multi-File Downloader from computer

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/276324/trying-to-remove-multi-file-downloader-from-computer/
Relevancy 43.43%

Dear all:
I am trying to find a solution to make our warehouse process more efficiently. I figure that I need extra shipping servers (one more for UPS and one for FedEx). One way is to simply purchase two additional desktops and hook them up. Alternative choice would be get a software to host one computer for multi-users at same time.

I would like to know, if any of you ever have done this, is it worth doing? Any pro and con? Any recommanded software? I searched and found www.thinsoftinc.com has some cool stuff (although they charge you $99 per user license).

Thanks a bunch =)

A:Share one computer to multi-users simultaneously...Pro & Con?

Purely from a backup point of view, 2 separate units would be better. If UPS breaks down, you could ship your stuff using the FedEx PC (AND service) and vice versa.
Both on the same PC is asking for trouble if it should break down!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/share-one-computer-to-multi-users-simultaneously-pro-con.24307/
Relevancy 43.43%

Dear all:
(this is also posted at Other Hardwares, but I figure many system engineers browse this forum as well...)

I am trying to find a solution to make our warehouse process more efficiently. I figure that I need extra shipping servers (one more for UPS and one for FedEx). One way is to simply purchase two additional desktops and hook them up. Alternative choice would be get a software to host one computer for multi-users at same time.

I would like to know, if any of you ever have done this, is it worth doing? Any pro and con? Any recommanded software? I searched and found www.thinsoftinc.com has some cool stuff (although they charge you $99 per user license).

Thanks a bunch =)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/share-one-computer-to-multi-users-simultaneously-pro-con.24308/
Relevancy 43.43%

ok well what a weekend i had had to deal with that earthquake and that damn power outage for hours but my problem is when starting up my computer after the power came back on my screen just showed all these starting, multi not screen? colored computer colored boxes on the screen alot of them i have a feeling the power doesnt work because my dvd drive and cd rom drive doesnt open when the computer is on and note that when starting my computer all lights on the computer turns on the one thing i am not sure of is if my computer took in water because it was computer not starting, multi colored screen? such a humid day w o any electricity i opened the window behind my computer it rained a little and the screen got a little wet but from what i observed my computer did not but it definetly could be a possibility if something got damaged would any of you have an idea with what i would have to replace nbsp

A:computer not starting, multi colored screen?

It sounds like it could be the psu that has died!!!!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-not-starting-multi-colored-screen.60913/
Relevancy 42.57%

Hello all new member here but I have a problem I'm not sure where exactly this question belongs as its very complex and it crosses a bunch of things but here it goes Some basics before I have a HP Compaq Presario A Notebook PC with Windows Vista it is less than years old I had AVG anti virus free edition This problem began last night It spanding computer Range Multi freezing Problem from started simply when I was on my computer Multi Range Problem spanding from computer freezing yesterday when my Firefox followed by my MSN began quot Not Responding quot I could still move my mouse but I could click on nothing open nothing and it just sounded like it was loading Multi Range Problem spanding from computer freezing something I tried to ctl Multi Range Problem spanding from computer freezing alt dlt but that as well did nothing so I waited for a bit and finally just shut it off and back on When I tried to get back on it recommended I do the quot start up checker quot or something along those lines so I did that and then did it once more when it recommended I do it again It was successful in getting me back to my desktop but as soon as my desktop loaded with all my icons I was unable to click on anything and eventually my mouse froze So I restarted I then went on safe mode for the first time ever where it recommended I go through recent things i download and delete them and also check my regular programs to see if i have any problems There were no problems other thwhen I was trying to run my AVG virus scan it was just like a black box with code with a bunch of errors So I decided to download and scan with Avast free edition and half way through the scan it paused and I had to restart However this time I was able to get into my regular mode of computer and all the icons and i was able to open MSN Skype Mozilla etc However now when ever i attempt to download an anti virus program or attempt to run a scan my computer will freeze I have uninstalled and reinstalled AVG but if freezes when i attempt to update it Avast will pause during its scan and I won't be able to even start a scan on safe mode Malwarebytes freezes often around the same spot on both regular and safe mode I just tried to download Comodo on regular mode and it froze I can usually access the regular computer mode without any problems of freezing unless I attempt to download or run a scan I have cleaned my registry as well Sorry for the length but i have tried many solutions and have found none yet so any help would be appreciated

A:Multi Range Problem spanding from computer freezing

Hi,

You might want to try the Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help Forum.
Make sure you follow THESE STEPS carefully before posting your logs in the Security Forum.

Regards,
Reventon

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/multi-range-problem-spanding-from-computer-freezing-470040.html
Relevancy 42.57%

I have hard disks of TB each with plenty of space for partitions I run a multi-boot manager with a number of Windows OSs including Windows Vista and Windows along with a number of Linux distros I would like to install Windows in its own partition not upgrade Windows I am willing to pay the extra money to by Windows Pro I have a number of questions about installing Windows Can Windows be installed on any of my hard drives as opposed to just the first hard drive Can Windows be installed on a non-primary MBR partition Can Windows be installed on a GPT partition Will a Windows clean install wipe out the rest of the hard disk on which I install it I 8 of on Clean multi-boot computer Windows install a have heard rumors of this I am trying to make the installation of Windows as painless as possible without affecting the Clean install of Windows 8 on a multi-boot computer other OSs I already have installed and without Windows interacting with any of the other OSs in any way I can unplug two of my hard drives as necessary clear out my third hard drive install Windows on that th

A:Clean install of Windows 8 on a multi-boot computer

Originally Posted by eldiener

I have 3 hard disks of 2 TB each with plenty of space for partitions. I run a multi-boot manager with a number of Windows OSs including Windows Vista and Windows 7, along with a number of Linux distros.

As for Windows , Linux will most likey need to be install last.

I would like to install Windows 8 in its own partition, not upgrade Windows 7. I am willing to pay the extra money to by Windows 8 Pro. I have a number of questions about installing Windows 8:

1) Can Windows 8 be installed on any of my 3 hard drives, as opposed to just the first hard drive ?

YES.

2) Can Windows 8 be installed on a non-primary MBR partition ?

primary MBR partition

3) Can Windows 8 be installed on a GPT partition ?

With a uEFI BIOS, & a clean unformat HD Drive YES.

4) Will a Windows 8 clean install wipe out the rest of the hard disk on which I install it ( I have heard rumors of this ) ?

Always best to install with only one HD Drive pluged in.

I am trying to make the installation of Windows 8 as painless as possible without affecting the other OSs I already have installed and without Windows 8 interacting with any of the other OSs in any way. I can unplug two of my hard drives as necessary, clear out my third hard drive, install Windows 8 on that th

Have fun.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/13462-clean-install-windows-8-multi-boot-computer.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi I have a Toshiba Satellite with a pentium R CPU GHz with Mb of Ram running on computer- Generic UDS:Dangerous.Object.Multi Slow XP SP It is very very slow often hanging on trying to open an Internet page I ran various svans Malwarebytes Superantispyware AVG and finally Kaspersly The latter came up with UDS Dangerous Object Multi Generic in c Windows bdoscan upd bpx and Vulnerabilities in Slow computer- UDS:Dangerous.Object.Multi Generic C Programs TrackerSoftware Pdf-XChange Viewer PDFViewer PDfXCviewer exe and C Windows Systen msxml dll I ran the upd bpx in VirusTotal and it came up clean Meanwhile after runninf Gmer I had great difficulty in getting the antivirus Security Essentials to go back on real-time protection and the whole lt system hung It was only after a couple of restarts that the AV became funcional again and I wonder if there is something lurking that tok advantage of the perios the AV was off as requested by you to run Gmer Gmer also hung the first time I ran it but I manage to finish it the second time I am attcahing the requested logs Many thanks DDS Ver - - - FAT x Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Qim at on - - Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT AV Microsoft Security Essentials Enabled Updated EDB FA - B - AFA- C D- CCA Running Processes c Programas Microsoft Security Client Antimalware MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS system brsvc a exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system brss a exe C Programas TOSHIBA TouchPadNF TPTray exe C Programas TOSHIBA Power Management CePMTray exe C Programas TOSHIBA E-KEY CeEKey exe C WINDOWS system atiptaxx exe C Programas Microsoft Security Client msseces exe C Programas POP Peeper POPPeeper exe C WINDOWS system CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system Brmfrmps exe C WINDOWS system crypserv exe C Programas Java jre bin jqs exe C WINDOWS System wbem wmiapsrv exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C Programas Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Security Scan kss exe C Programas Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Security Scan kss exe C Programas Skype Phone Skype exe C Programas Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Programas Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Programas Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Programas Internet Explorer iexplore exe c Programas Microsoft Security Client Antimalware MpCmdRun exe C WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k WudfServiceGroup C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k NetworkService C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k LocalService C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k imgsvc C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HTTPFilter Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxps www google pt BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - c programas java jre bin ssv dll BHO Skype Browser Helper AE - E C- ED - F B-F F A - c programas skype toolbars internet explorer skypeieplugin dll BHO PDF-XChange Viewer IE-Plugin C D EB -BBCE- DAE-ACBB-D A D CB F - c programas tracker software pdf-xchange viewer pdf-viewer PDFXCviewIEPlugin dll BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - c programas java jre bin jp ssv dll EB - a - b-a - c a a - lt orphaned gt uRun POP Peeper quot c programas pop peeper POPPeeper exe quot -min uRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exe uRun KSS quot c programas kaspersky lab kaspersky security scan kss exe quot autorun mRun TPNF c programas toshiba touchpadnf TPTray exe mRun SoundFusion RunDll cwaprops cpl CrystalControlWnd mRun CeEPOWER c programas toshiba power management CePMTray exe mRun CeEKey exe c programas toshiba e-key CeEKey exe mRun ATIPTA atiptaxx exe mRun ATIModeChange Ati mdxx exe mRun Apoint c programas apoint k Apoint exe mRun MSC quot c programas microsoft security client msseces exe quot -hide -runkey dRun CTFMON EXE c windows system CTFMON EXE dRun DWQueuedReporting quot c progra fichei micros dw dwtrig exe quot -t uPolicies-Explorer NoDriveTypeAutoRun dword mPolicies-Windows System Allow-LogonScript-NetbiosDisabled dword mPolicies-Explorer NoDriv... Read more

A:Slow computer- UDS:Dangerous.Object.Multi Generic

Hi and Welcome!!

My name is Jeff. I would be more than happy to take a look at your malware results logs and help you with solving any malware problems you might have. Logs can take a while to research, so please be patient and know that I am working hard to get you a clean and functional system back in your hands. I'd be grateful if you would note the following:
The fixes are specific to your problem and should only be used for the issues on this machine.
It's often worth reading through these instructions and printing them for ease of reference.
If you don't know or understand something, please don't hesitate to say or ask!! It's better to be sure and safe than sorry.
Please reply to this thread. Do not start a new topic.
If you happen to have a flash drive/thumb drive please have that ready in the event that we need to use it.
Please be sure to subscribe to the topic if you have not already done so.
IMPORTANT NOTE : Please do not delete, download or install anything unless instructed to do so.
DO NOT use any TOOLS such as Combofix or HijackThis fixes without supervision. Doing so could make your system inoperable and could require a full reinstall of your operating system and losing all your programs and data.

Having said that.... Let's get going!!
----------

Please download TDSSKillerDouble click TDSSKiller.exe
Press Start Scan but do nothing else as we are just looking for what is there.
If Malicious objects are found, select Skip by changing the Cure dropdown in the upper right.
Attach the log in your next replyA copy of the log will be saved automatically to the root of the drive (typically C:\)

----------

AdwCleaner

Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode and save to your Desktop.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool
Vista/Windows 7/8 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.
Click on the Scan button.
AdwCleaner will begin...be patient as the scan may take some time to complete.
After the scan has finished, click on the Report button...a logfile (AdwCleaner[R0].txt) will open in Notepad for review.
The contents of the log file may be confusing. Unless you see a program name that you know should not be removed, don't worry about it. If you see an entry you want to keep, let me know about it.
Copy and paste the contents of that logfile in your next reply.
A copy of all logfiles are saved in the C:\AdwCleaner folder which was created when running the tool.
----------

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/slow-computer-uds-dangerous-object-multi-generic-738745.html
Relevancy 42.57%

My wife has some disks that she's burned multisessions with (using Nero) and every time she inserts them the computer restarts itself soon afterward. (the drive just barely starts reading it.)

Anyone have any experience with this or know where the problem may lie?

Relevancy 42.57%

First of all please let Boot computer sync in - Multi to and how programs data keep me say hi because I m new to this forum My name is Markus I am from Austria Europe interested in trains computers mostly programming and music I play the drums I m a member of the Open Rails Development Team and an administrator at Elvas Tower Railfan Forums Secondly let me go medias in res I have recently acquired a new laptop computer Toshiba Satellite Multi Boot computer - how to keep data and programs in sync L -B to replace my aging Sony Vaio rig However this new computer came with Win pre-installed which I personally actually have come to like very soon - but which won t run many of the programs I use daily of note is Microsoft Train Simulator and many of its supporting utilities and programs which Multi Boot computer - how to keep data and programs in sync do not run on Win AMD Graphics card setup - Win NVidia is said to be fine though - anyway Because Multi Boot computer - how to keep data and programs in sync of this problem I have made this computer dual-bootable with an HDD partition layout as follows Code - Primary Partition - MB - NTFS - quot System Reserved quot - System Active - Primary Partition -- GB - NTFS - quot Windows Professional quot - Primary Partition -- GB - NTFS - quot Windows quot - Primary Partition - GB - NTFS - quot Data quot However as I m likely going to use both OSes to about the same amount I want to have my data and programs shared and synced between both OSes to the greatest extent possible I have also already done quite a bit of online research on the topic but have not yet come to a real conclusion what to do Here s a list of possible ways of keeping data and programs in sync without too much duplication that I could go with The list also shows to which extent I have trustworthy info on it where I found and what conclusions I came to color coded solution info found -- only vague partial bits of info -- not possible -- no info yet Sharing parts of the C Users lt YourUsername gt folder between OSes Can Windows' libraries feature e g the My Documents library consolidates the contents of the public Documents and your user account s Documents folders into a single folder for easier access be set up to look for files and save to the first folder opened in a quot Save File As quot dialog a different location than in your userprofile s Documents folder Can the sub-folders of your userprofile s home folder e g C users lt YourUserName gt lt SubFoldersHere gt be moved to other locations than their default Can an entire C Users lt YourUsername gt folder be moved to another location than it s default Can any of the sub-items to above be used to share folders files without duplication between both OSes Can any of the sub-items to above be used to merge user profiles folders between both OSes What about permission clashes with any of the methods mentioned Access to the other OS' user profile might be denied Using programs on both OSesCan I use programs on both OSes even if the files for said program are installed to disk only once Can settings that are stored in the program's installation directory C Users lt YourUsername gt Documents lt Program'sSubfolder gt C Users lt YourUsername gt AppData lt Program'sSubfolder gt in the registry be shared across both OSes Will program installers that put some program data into My Documents for example recognize to where that folder has been moved How would any of the methods under bullet point subpoints through influence sharing of program settings across OSes Are there any other recommendations strategies WRT directory structure setup or keeping settings of a program installed to both OSes in sync between the OSes Color code solution info found -- only vague partial bits of info -- not possible -- no info yet Now to the info I found According to Library - Set Save Folder and http www eightforu indows- -a html item of the above list is possible more or less without complicated steps... Read more

A:Multi Boot computer - how to keep data and programs in sync

You can move the active User folders (Documents, Pictures, Videos, etc) that you use from each OS to the same folder on data drive following User Folders - Change Default Location.

However you cannot share programs except in rare cases where they will run from their .exe in the installed Program File, but which I would not do since it is really only correct to fresh install programs to the other OS.

So you'll probably need to expand those OS partitions by at least double the size, which can easily be done using How to extend partition easily with Partition Wizard - video help that can borrow space from any other partition even if it's not adjacent.

Another thing to keep in mind is that while you can upgrade either of those OS's to Windows 10 upon its release next month, you can also Clean Install Windows 10 Technical Preview in a third dual boot or to another hard drive or PC to test it now and get a free upgrade from the TP to Windows 10, too.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/373328-multi-boot-computer-how-keep-data-programs-sync.html
Relevancy 42.57%

There are several cases I ve wanted to install memory in pairs to achieve dual-channel memory speeds but I ve come across a caveat or two about whether or not this is worth it Questions How do I calculate whether or not the FSB is fast enough to take advantage of the memory speeds I ll see cpuz refer to things like Calculating Channel the & Dual it???) bottlenecks FSB: Worth Dual-Channel (Is FSB Dual-Channel & FSB: Calculating the bottlenecks (Is Dual Channel Worth it???) memory as quot quot which I m not sure refers to the memory controller taking advantage of the up and down side of the clock waveform or if it s saying quot give up we re half the speed we need quot How do I calculate dual core beasts Do the internal quot processors quot share the FSB or do they each have their own resulting in double access speed attempts to dual ported memory note not dual channel Forgive me please my questions may be tripping all over themselves It s been a longgggg time since I ve calculated any of this out during my stint as a DSP software engineer I ll be glad to rephrase this in any way you all like nbsp

A:Dual-Channel & FSB: Calculating the bottlenecks (Is Dual Channel Worth it???)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dual-channel-fsb-calculating-the-bottlenecks-is-dual-channel-worth-it.868383/
Relevancy 42.57%

After months of flawless performance my WMC is acting up on one TV channel and I can't figure out why The only change recently was that I enabled the DVD Library to be displayed with a registry hack as per a seemingly reliable article I read This is only happening the first time after I boot I call up WMC and go to the TV Guide If I select Channel only it will not tune in and I get a screen that says quot Cannot (it Not Channel Supported" Be is) "The first play wont Channel at - May TV Play Program quot quot The channel may not be supported If you cannot tune to any other channel restart WMC or restart the computer TV Channel wont play at first - "The Channel May Not Be Supported" (it is) then try again quot If I then use the guide to go down or up one channel they play OK and returning to ch - it then plays fine Very odd Any ideas anyone The registry tweak was I realised afterwards unnecessary as I'm not using this machine as a media center anyway and I'm not sure what the original setting was Now it is set at HKCU gt Software gt Microsoft gt Windows gt CurrentVersion gt Media Center gt Settings gt DVDSettings Showgallery - regsz - gallery I have tried reloading the guide from my cableco and it seems to go without any hitch

A:TV Channel wont play at first - "The Channel May Not Be Supported" (it is)

It might seem painfully obvious but have you tried removing the DVD library registry hack you mentioned...everything seemed to work, as you said, before that hack

http://www.vistax64.com/software/172925-tv-channel-wont-play-first-channel-may-not-supported.html
Relevancy 42.57%

I would like to purchase a full version of Windows 7 Home Premium (not an upgrade) and install it on two different machines. Is this possible or do I need to buy 2 full copies of Windows 7? Can I just buy the one copy and get like a multi-license? Amazon sells Windows 7 Family Pacs for but it's an upgrade version. I couldn't find any info on Microsoft's web site regarding multiple licensing at all. Thanks in advance.

A:Multi-Machine, Multi-License?

Bug67, I also have not found any multi copies of windows 7 full versions for sale. Outside of buying OEM copies which are a lot cheaper than the full box versions.
Beware of anyone telling you that the copies they sell are for multi installs which could be a technet or msdn copies which are not for resale.

Rich

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/199717-multi-machine-multi-license.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Is it necessary to connect a slave or secondary drive while creating an image of hard disk?

A:Multi software on multi computers

Hmm, that actually depends on how are you gonna image the hard drive. If you are using an external hard drive to store the image of your internal one, you don't have to.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/multi-software-on-multi-computers-550652.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Greetings, I was anticipating this to be a headache, since it only worked in Win7 by throwing spaghetti at a wall.

Essentially, I have a dual monitor display. The right monitor is primary, the left is to be used by art programs, movies, games, and other more specialized work (as well as workspace in a large project and running code next to blah blah).

So, my problem is getting the movies and 3d apps (especially games) to render on the left monitor, but keep all of the main functions on the right one, as it is now.

A side problem... I don't totally dislike the Start Screen; I think it can be useful putting it up on that left monitor when not in use as a live feed reader when not running a program there, while leaving the right monitor "classic". Any way that is possible?

Thanks in advance.

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/10621-multi-display-multi-purpose.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi,

I have a series of applications that depend on an INI file being in the Windows directory.

Also, many diffeent users are allowed to log on and change the INI file.

But Windows 7 places changed INI files in USER directories for the logged-on users.

So my Apps never get to see the changes!

How do I get Windows 7 to place my INI file in Windows directory where I need it?

A:multi users, multi ini files

Uhhh...An application storing its configuration in the Windows directory is foolish, what are these broken applications you are using?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/144002-multi-users-multi-ini-files.html
Relevancy 42.14%

This computer on the same home network as KnightsIntent's laptop current in another thread thanks Logs and Info Below Windows XP sp Media Center Edition Version Service Pack HP Pavilion AMD Turior Mobile Tech ML GHz MB Ram Phy Address Extention This is the main computer on a home network although the laptop now in a thread multi-issue xp laptop controls the network this one is used by th family games for an year Computer Home Multi-Issue [crashes-viruses-malware-other] old etc Step son visited several Multi-Issue Home Computer [crashes-viruses-malware-other] months ago and his online time may have opened up some kind of door in Multi-Issue Home Computer [crashes-viruses-malware-other] his doings as things seemed to start about then KnightsIntent under multi-issues xp laptop I'll try to post the address to that from the laptop in this thread as can't get the windows to cooperate a whole lot on this one to go find it On add remove software in control panel half the screen is blacked out across the quot b's quot and quot c's quot the blacked out area is more than half of the whole window so seems to be a ton of quot something quot there not sure Could not download most of the needed programs to run scans so hand lift from the laptop to this one by CD browers all of them would crash when trying Have no Ctl-Alt-Dlte function available DSS won't run crashes at backing up hives Network connection goes in and out all the time doesn't seem to be a modem or router problem All browsers crash frequently for no apparent reason Admin control such as trying to make changes in msconfig frequently don't allow or work Sometimes gives this program in use by someone else or no permission if trying to move or delete misc issues HiJack Log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files AOL ACS AOLAcsd exe C WINDOWS arservice exe C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C PROGRA McAfee MSC mcmscsvc exe c program files common files mcafee mna mcnasvc exe c PROGRA COMMON mcafee mcproxy mcproxy exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcshield exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files McAfee MPF MPFSrv exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcsysmon exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe c PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe C WINDOWS ARPWRMSG EXE C Program Files HP DigitalMedia Archive DMAScheduler exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPwuSchd exe C HP KBD KBD EXE C Program Files User Time Control Center utcontr exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared DAO HYNEENEE svchost exe C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition Apps apdproxy exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exe C Program Files Updates from HP Program Updates from HP exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exe C WINDOWS ALCXMNTR EXE C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe c windows system hpsysdrv exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Common Files AOL EE aolsoftware exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C WINDOWS system utilman exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcvsshld exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Windows NT Accessories wordpad exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files WinRAR WinRAR exe C DOCUME Teresa LOCALS Temp Rar EX HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TY ION amp pf desktop R - HKCU Softw... Read more

A:Multi-Issue Home Computer [crashes-viruses-malware-other]

this is the link to the laptop in another thread I promised....not sure if that will help anything except it being on the same home network...

http://www.techsupportforum.com/secu...ml#post1037699

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/multi-issue-home-computer-crashes-viruses-malware-other-175651.html