Windows Support Forum

Mother Board Help

Q: Mother Board Help

I am tryin to build new computer and have bought a AMD athlon XP MSI K N Delta mother board New Midi tower case DDR ram new WD Gig HD and my Gig AGP video card also have transfered my exisiting DVD cd rom and CD RW cd rom into the case also my old Gig HD which has Win ME on it which is set to master and the new one is set to slave and is formatted and partioned my problem lies here in when i turn the computer on it doesnt beep and just hang i have checked all the jumper settings for the board and have also cleared the bios in hope of it starting now this is the hard part this is the second motherboard i have had the first did the same so sent it back and Help Board Mother this replacement one does the same nothing it just doesnt want to go into the bios all Mother Board Help leads have been checked and triple checked any ideas and help would be grateful nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Mother Board Help

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 30.53%

Hi techspotters it has come time to modify my old rig I m planning to upgrade the cpu without changing my motherboard but there is a slight risk involved that the purchase I am going to make is with CPU board AM3+ AM3 faul So back to basics My current MB M A TD PRO AM3 board with AM3+ CPU USB - link Current CPU Phenom t oc running ghz Current RAM EVOleggera x running underclocked mhz the one to upgrade to AMD FX -- So this is a basic operation a cpu swap but few questions popped up on the research phase M A TD is a AM board which apparently after some searching supports some of the FX series cpus that are AM I have also found the corresponding BIOS that I need to flash myself to to make it work properly and be recognized by the MB link Q amp A FX is known to support mhz RAM speeds my existing RAM runs max at without overclock and is placed x which occupies all slots and might confuse the FX which supports dualchannel as usual Meaning I will need to leave my RAM running at mhz how big will the reduce be in the performance of the CPU- mhz vs When setting up the proceccor I will need to disable the Turbocore to make it stable on the older AM board which only supports cpu speeds up to ghz and the fx on turbo bumps to ghz After disabling turbo all cores are set to run at which by research is the most stable option on my existing MB Will FX bottleneck gtx or gtx and how bad it is going to be Upgrading hardware is always nice but am I making bold move by upgrading a year old cpu to almost as old one And if someone with more knowledge can state me that there is no performance gain to be maid I just might stick with my old as long as its still breathing and calculating Thanks in advance for replys And no changing an motherboard is not an option So fond of my old rig best regards m nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/am3-board-with-am3-cpu.214400/
Relevancy 29.24%

Evening, all

I bought an interesting little Single Board Computer as an mITX motherboard (a WADE-8020, more info at the link below):

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Portwell-...766?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a9b75151e

I have another similar board in an old Hoojum Cubit 3 case, and was wondering if anyone might have any other suggestions for a similarly eye-catching case, probably ready-made, though I'm not averse to either buying a DIYed case, or maybe trying to make one myself (I have a Dremel but not much else, and that includes skill )

Cheers, Jon.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/case-suggestions-for-industrial-mitx-board.213745/
Relevancy 29.67%

Hey all,

On my studio pc, I've installed a new rack mounted firewire audio interface in the studio. On the other drives (windows 8.1) the interface has installed perfectly but on the xp drive, although the drivers etc have been installed, once set, it works perfectly with the new outboard soundcard.

However, whenever I reboot to the xp drive, xp always reverts back to the on-board realtek sound card. I set the default to the new interface (a Presonus Firestudio Project) but every reboot it defaults to the realtek.

The motherboard is a P5N-E SLI if that helps.

How can I stop this happening so the new interface is the default?

Thanks in advance,

Paul

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/xp-reverts-to-on-board-sound.208179/
Relevancy 28.38%

So heres the story The computer has been working fine for several years Last night I decide to D850MV/D850EMV2 long Three desktop board beeps on Intel plug in my tv to the desktop via dvi It Three long beeps on Intel desktop board D850MV/D850EMV2 works fine and I dont have any problems I get home today and try and turn the computer Three long beeps on Intel desktop board D850MV/D850EMV2 on and I dont get any video signal to either the tv or the normal monitor Also long beeps accompany start up it sounds as though things boot but I dont get video or sound but it sounds like the hard drives click now and then like normal and the fans all run fine Ive swapped the first ram stick with one other and havent tried the rest yet and I have not changed the video card yet but plan to in the next minutes as of writing this Nothing looks physically damaged and I dont have any extra ram for this computer laying about since its a rambus so all I can do is swap the ram thats in it around and because I cant get video I cant run a test on the ram Suggestions or help would be appreciated Specifically what the long beep codes mean ive Three long beeps on Intel desktop board D850MV/D850EMV2 found a couple different versions of the code online and not sure which is correct Also what might have caused the problem plugging the tv in thats the only thing I did different unless someone was messing around with it without my knowledge or could it just be from years of wear or what nbsp

A:Three long beeps on Intel desktop board D850MV/D850EMV2

I think three beeps on Intel is a memory issue. At least that what it was when I had a stick of cheap RAM crap out on me.

I'd run Memtest and go from there

RAM can fail from a number of causes. Heat exposure, flaky transistor junctions, who knows. I seriously doubt plugging the TV in had anything to do with it.
You could go into BIOS to ascertain if the RAM voltage is set correctly. Over-volting is a DIMM killer.

You should be able to get documentation for that board directly off Intel's web site. Intel used to give BIOS beep codes ion the board/chipset manuals.

They also have hardware monitor software as a free download. Look up "Intel Desktop Utilities Lite".

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/three-long-beeps-on-intel-desktop-board-d850mv-d850emv2.191367/
Relevancy 63.64%

This is my Entire system spec Im looking to upgrade my processor but I need help Operating System System Model Windows Home Premium x Service Pack build Install Language English United States System Locale English United States Installed AM Boot Mode BIOS Secure Boot not supported eMachines ET G System Serial Number PTNBA Enclosure Type Desktop Processor a Main Circuit Board b gigahertz AMD Athlon II X u kilobyte primary memory cache kilobyte secondary memory cache -bit ready Multi-core total Not hyper-threaded Board eMachines MCP PM-GM Bus Clock megahertz BIOS AMI P -A Drives Memory Modules c d Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH N SCSI im with AMD is board? to my What Processor mother compatible this And new CdRom Device Optical drive WD Virtual CD USB Device Optical drive Generic- Compact Flash USB Device Hard drive -- drive Generic- MS MS-Pro HG USB Device Hard drive -- drive What AMD Processor is compatible with my mother board? And im new to this Generic- SD MMC USB Device Hard drive -- drive Generic- SD MMC MS What AMD Processor is compatible with my mother board? And im new to this MSPRO USB Device Hard drive -- drive Generic- SM xD-Picture USB Device Hard drive -- drive WD My Book USB Device Hard drive GB -- drive s n WMAVY WDC WD AAKX- CA SCSI Disk Device GB -- drive s n WD-WMAYUL SMART Status Healthy Megabytes Usable Installed Memory Slot DIMM has MB serial number DE B Slot DIMM has MB serial number D B Slot DIMM is Empty Slot DIMM is Empty Local Drive Volumes c NTFS on drive GB GB free k FAT on drive GB GB free Operating System is installed on c Network Drives None discovered Users mouse over user name for details Printers local user accountslast logon Quentin PM admin UpdatusUser AM local system accounts Administrator AM admin Guest PM HomeGroupUser never Marks a disabled account Marks a locked account HP LaserJet Professional P w on IP Microsoft Shared Fax Driver on SHRFAX Microsoft XPS Document Writer on XPSPort Controllers Display ATA Channel Controller ATA Channel Controller NVIDIA nForce Serial ATA Controller x Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller What AMD Processor is compatible with my mother board? And im new to this NVIDIA GeForce GTS Display adapter DELL WFP Monitor quot vis s n XX- JU -XXXXX- - S June Bus Adapters Multimedia Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller HP Webcam HD- Mobiola Wave Audio Device WDM Mobiola Web Camera Video Source NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device Wave Extensible WDM Realtek High Definition Audio Senstic PocketAudio Senstic PocketCam USB Audio Device Virus Protection Back to Top Group Policies No details available None discovered Communications Other Devices Hamachi Network Interface primary Auto IP Address Gateway Dhcp Server Physical Address A D Connection Speed Mbps Microsoft to Adapter Microsoft ISATAP Adapter NVIDIA nForce Mbps Ethernet Auto IP Address Gateway Dhcp Server Physical Address FC C AA Connection Speed Mbps Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Networking Dns Servers HID-compliant consumer control device x HID-compliant device x USB Input Device x HP Webcam HD- HID Keyboard Device x HID-compliant mouse Microsoft PS Mouse USB Composite Device x USB Mass Storage Device x USB Root Hub x Generic volume shadow copy WD SES Device E F G H I nbsp

A:What AMD Processor is compatible with my mother board? And im new to this

That is an AM3 socket CPU which means it should be compatible with the Phenom II series CPU's. I looked up the board and it should still support up to a 95 watt CPU so any Phenom II X4 CPU with a 95 watt TDP would work on it.

Like This
http://www.amazon.com/AMD-Phenom-Socket-Quad-Core-Processor/dp/B002XNBQJQ

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-amd-processor-is-compatible-with-my-mother-board-and-im-new-to-this.202437/
Relevancy 29.67%

Hello,
As the topic says, my computer doesn't detect my on-board sound card. It all started when I tried to install new audio drivers from manufacturers page, but the next day when I booted PC up there were no sound. In Device Manager, under Sounds, game,.. controllers tab sit 4-5 High Definition Audio Devices. Here's pic:

Then tried re-installing original audio drivers from motherboard CD, enabling/disabling On-Board HD Audio in BIOS but still no luck.

My Audio Device is VIA VT1705.
DxDiag shows that no sound card was found.

This is what is shown in Playback Devices tab:

But I have no HDMI kind audio devices..

How to make my system recognize my sound card?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/on-board-sound-card-is-not-recognized.202272/
Relevancy 29.67%

After my brother sprayed it with glass cleaner.my laptop key board types wrong letters.lets say I want to write "my laptop key board is messed up" this is what it types: my lap0to9p0 ke3ybo9ar4d i8s me3sse3d u7p0. all the letters in the upper row type the letter and the number above it and vise verse(exept t,y,5,6)
I tried the num lock and sticky keys,checked my language tap still nothing
(I use dell inspirion , windows 7)
Plz help.
thanks

A:My laptop key board is messed up

Have you tried a USB keyboard? If not, try it. You might also try the on screen keyboard.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-laptop-key-board-is-messed-up.196547/
Relevancy 29.67%

I just came from a retail store to check on prices but most of their parts weren't available anymore. Instead of a G. Skill Ripjaws 2x4 8gb DDR-3 1600, the clerk offered me a Crucial Ballistix 2x4 8gb DDR-3 1866 memory. The board I'm gonna buy is an Asrock H77 Pro4/Mvp but looking at their memory support list http://www.asrock.com/mb/memory.asp?Model=H77 Pro4/MVP, it doesn't seem compatible.

The clerk had told me it was compatible and that he had tried it before but I'm not sure if it'd have unwanted effects over some period of time. (I got drawn in by how the memory looks and its LED so I'm including it as a choice). Thanks.

A:Is a 1866 memory compatible with an H77 board?

It will be compatible, worst case scenario is just setting your 1866Mhz RAM to run at 1600Mhz. You're getting quicker RAM for free.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-a-1866-memory-compatible-with-an-h77-board.194307/
Relevancy 29.67%

Hi all, I have monitor gericom 2030 and it has some power board model that I cant find on sell, so I have buy one that is almost same with it. 4 plugs for invetors are same but one connection for t-con board is diffrent and on oroginal board I have pins (5V, 5v, GND, GND, 12v, BL, N/F) and on board that I have buy has ( 12v, 12v, GND, GND, 5v, 5v, GND, N.C, ON, DIM, MS ) So any suggests wich on wich one I should connect?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/different-power-board-on-monitor.190328/
Relevancy 29.24%

I got a M5A99x Evo Re2.0, brand new board and the audio from the rear doesnt work at all when I plug the pink and green plugs. I have an HDMI connecting from my TV to my Gcard, I get audio through the TV but cant seem to get those jacks working. Ive used two different headsets to see if it might have been the headset itself. im really stumped.

A:New board, no sound from front or rear jacks

Have you gone into the sound menu in your control panel and set your default audio device to your headset?

If, under the "playback" tab, the HDMI output is ticked, then this is the problem.

Just click on the correct device(It should either list your headphones or say "high definition audio", or something similar) and then click "set default".

This should solve the problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-board-no-sound-from-front-or-rear-jacks.188180/
Relevancy 35.26%

My father wants me to find my mother a laptop, he gave me a budget of around $700. In all likelihood she will mostly use it for facebook, facebook games and movies. She will mostly be using the laptop while working in a coffee stand so she can probably plug it in whenever she needs to. She probably wont replace it for some time so something that will hold up well over the years would be nice. She hates change and is used to using windows systems so I'm not sure if she would go for a mac. I really don't know a damn thing about laptops and I have no idea what to look for or where to start so any help would be appreciated.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/looking-for-a-laptop-for-my-mother.181330/
Relevancy 29.24%

Hello Everyone,

Been a long time browser of TS and am glad to finally join. I am looking to utilize a Q6600 processor and the following system board and RAM:

ASUS P5G41T-M LX Plus
Corsair XMS3 1333MHz PC3-10666

The goal is to moderately overclock the Q6600 to 3.2 GHz. In my research, I have read many positive reviews about the stability of ASUS boards, and the DDR3 capability is significant to me. However, from what I have gathered, this board can be fussy when overclocking the CPU. Has anyone had any experience with a similar setup?

I would appreciate any thoughts/comments/suggestions.

Thank you!

A:New project: LGA 775 board w/ DDR3 needed -- thoughts please?

Firstly, why do you need to overclock it? I'm guessing its more because you want to, than necessity, but my thoughts are below.

I run the exact same CPU in my system 24/7 and while it might be long in the tooth compared with most systems on here, it's certainly not lacking at stock speeds as it is.

Not sure if system specs is easily read right now, but for the sake of doubt, mine are: Intel Core2Quad Q6600 G0 stepping (at stock OC with Corsair H50 (push/pull) providing cooling), Abit AW9D-MAX, 8GB OCZ Gold series DDR2-1066, HD6870, Antec HCG-620 PSU, a SSD and six mechanical disks.

I wouldn't call 3.2GHz a moderate OC on the Q6600, that's more like 2.8-3.0GHz. I used to have mine overclocked but the difference was so minimal (in real terms) that the additional heat it gave off and power it consumed made it pointless. I was never able to achieve 3.05GHz or above either, but I've no doubt that more experienced hands would have managed it. Overclocking is my weaker subject in the field of IT generally speaking, and I can't say I've ever really pushed the envelope very far in that regard.

Though that said, I've always found Gigabyte boards to be much more forgiving when it comes to RAM settings. Asus in my experience can be a real nightmare with recognising the default timings and voltages for RAM, and in "my experience" need much more work to achieve the same result.

Another point that needs to be considered is LGA-775 is legacy hardware now, so you'd be spending money on defunct hardware. If you have the CPU it might be better to grab a second-hand board off of eBay or something, or maybe look to something newer and more current.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-project-lga-775-board-w-ddr3-needed-thoughts-please.180344/
Relevancy 29.24%

Bought me recently a new MoBo: P8H67, installed it, killed Realtek onboard in the BIOS, all thus far goes splendid.
Put in SoundMax (from my P5E Lifestyle), hardware checks ok.
Install driver... and here things go awkward: no matter what I try: SoundMax Hi Def is not found/recognized.
Tried both the DVD-soft that came with me P5E, as well as online new drivers, to no use...

Reason for SoundMax: I was slightly baffled by the power behind the tiny card, it was literally mindblowing (over my JBL's).
This power is not found on Realtek hardware, hence.

Prob: I want to keep using the tiny SoundMax, but I desperately need a driver.

Win 7 Ultimate X64 (registered)

Suggestions?

Thank you all:
Ben

A:P5E Lifestyle Board SoundMax to Asus P8H67

List any Problem Devices

Make sure devices are connected and powered on
Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
If yes, click on it, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy it, Ctrl-V to paste into next post
On the other hand, if no devices are listed, tell me so
Generate and attach a DirectX report

Click Start->Run, enter dxdiag and click OK
===> If you?re running 32 bit Windows, dxdiag will launch on its own
===> If you?re running 64 bit Windows, you?ll see 64-bit DxDiag. Click it to launch the 64-bit version of dxdiag
Notice progress in lower left window corner
When done, click Save Information button and save to your Desktop
In TechSpot window, use the paper clip icon to attach the report. (If you don't see icon you may need to first click Go Advanced)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/p5e-lifestyle-board-soundmax-to-asus-p8h67.178931/
Relevancy 29.67%

i was wondering if HIS H675FS1G Radeon HD 6750 1GB 128-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card would work on a MSI G31TM-P21 LGA 775 Intel G31 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard.

Card # at Newegg=N82E16814161395"]

Board#at Newegg= N82E16813130234

o wait the card is ddr3 , does that mean it won't work?

A:Graphics card compatible with this board?

Sure, the card will work fine. The graphics card memory is independent from the memory type of the motherboard.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-compatible-with-this-board.176985/
Relevancy 29.67%

I have been going through the process of building a computer for the first time and the motherboard is the final piece of the puzzle I am seriously considering the Asus Maximus Gene-Z as the motherboard to go along with GB Hawks OC in SLI on mATX a Is SLI usually on board avoided? air to go along with an OC i - k but I have been seeing some concerns about temperatures in general As far Is SLI on a mATX board on air usually avoided? as cooling the board would be in a mid-tower that has the dimensions of the full tower Storm Sniper with its default fans and the CPU would be cooled by a Corsair A I do have a few ATX motherboard in mind if the mATX option isn t ideal for SLI including the MSI Z A-GD ASUS P Z -V PRO or ASRock Z EXTREME GEN i - K Corsair A GB GTX Hawk in SLI x GB G Skill Sniper DDR Samsung Spinpoint TB Asus x DVD-Drive Cooler Master Storm Sniper Seasonic X- nbsp

A:Is SLI on a mATX board on air usually avoided?

Personally if I was building a computer without having any hardware to start with I would probably aim for a higher end single card rather than 2 older and now mid range 460 GTX cards. That way in the future you can pickup another higher performance card and then use SLI.

As for mATX and SLI, as long as the board supports it then there is no problem. You have stated its in a full tower so airflow won't be a problem. You might find some problems such as PCI 1x slot blocked/unusable when you have two double slot (two expansion slot height) PCI-E graphics cards in the motherboard.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-sli-on-a-matx-board-on-air-usually-avoided.171814/
Relevancy 30.1%

Hi all I have an asus x s laptop and a while ago the power jack inside broke off and went further into the unit I managed to take the laptop apart and retrieve the jack I then rather stupidly attempted to desolder board PCB Splintered the remainder of the unit from the board and found that apparently ASUS use diamond as solder that or I wasn t doing something right Anyway point is that the contacts stayed in the board no matter what and only with force Splintered PCB board and heat did they come out unfortunately however there are still two contacts firmly in the board Anyway as you can all imagine the inevitable happened The board warped slightly and on one of the corner points the iron went through and splintered the side picture attached A couple of questions Number And I think I already know the answer to this As this has happened will this be detrimental to the running of the laptop I m going to guess that the second I turn it on should I be successful in replacing that the power will short and the world will end or something Number Since last using the laptop I can only assume that the rest of the components processor RAM Drive etc are still in good working order and I m wondering just how successful anyone may think it would be to sell the laptop as spare parts or would I be better off taking into the yard with a shotgun Sorry about the cynical nature of this post that s just how I am that and I m incredibly annoyed at myself for thinking that me soldering iron delicate electronics was ever going to have any other outcome than this nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/splintered-pcb-board.171757/
Relevancy 29.67%

Need info old board P4SD-VL

Hi,

<I'm trying to fix a very old pc; it's almost ready but I can't set front USB ports.>

Thatīs what I said. But more than a simple thing I need; USB frontal ports are working now. The matter is I canīt find drivers to set Sound, LAN, Modem... The pc is working fine, I've installed operating system, office programs and some other software without trouble.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Mauricio

A:Need old board P4SD-VL front USB pin description

Who made the motherboards chipset? VIA?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-old-board-p4sd-vl-front-usb-pin-description.170893/
Relevancy 28.81%

hello, ive had this desktop computer for years now and the processor is extremely outdated. I have been looking around trying to figure out how i can upgrade the processor speed but it seems the more i look up the less i know about computers...

anyways i have: Board: MICRO-STAR MS-7184
Serial Number: 5922655884

current proccessor: 2.00 gigahertz AMD Athlon 64
256 kilobyte primary memory cache
1024 kilobyte secondary memory cache
64-bit ready
Not hyper-threaded

I believe the socket is a 939? when i looked up these specs i found that the highest processor i can place is " AMD Athlon 64 X2 (up to 4800+) and Sempron (up to 3200+) processors".

Can anyone verify this?Or is it not worth investing in a new processor? i am looking to find the best upgrade rather then spending cash to buy a new computer. Any advice would be extremely appreciated.

A:Looking to upgrade processor, board Micro-Star MS-7184

Hey Noctis,

Truth be told you are better off upgrading your Motherboard, RAM, and Processor if you want to see any substantial difference. A socket 939 is quite a bit old and since then they have move onto the AM2, AM2+, AM3, AM3+, etc sockets for AMD Mobos and Processors.

Socket 939 processors are to the point where they are no longer just old enough to be cheap. Since they are no longer made they are old enough to be more expensive than modern counterparts in many cases.

When upgrading the MOBO and CPU you want to look into more than just the processor speed. Important factors are also the types and amount of cache for a processor, number of cores, and RAM that can be used with that CPU.

The newer Athlon II X2s as an example are a significant leap from the original Athlon 64s and a discerning buyer online can find them significantly cheap. AM2+ boards are currently somewhat inexpensive and so is DDR2 RAM. They are currently at the stage where they are old enough to be somewhat cheap but with the newest socket and processors being sold by AMD now it may change iwthin the next few years to start getting expensive again from being old enough.

You also have the route of a AM3 with DDR2 or DDR3 Ram option available which are also moderately priced.

If you check out the website pricewatch.com you can look at pricing for several different mobos, cpus, etc from various websites easily. I just completed a full build including case, HDD, Mobo, CPU, DVD-RW, RAM, Graphics card, etc for just over $350.00

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/looking-to-upgrade-processor-board-micro-star-ms-7184.170905/
Relevancy 28.81%

Hi y'all

I got a Intel Server Board L440GX with the dual Pentium III processors and i cant get it to recognize the Mylex eXtreme RAID 2000 FW 7.01-00. I have never configured a raid before but i think i got it right(not sure) anyway the bios says that no h.d. or likewise is installed. I ain't got any ideas on what to do please help

A:Intel server board L440GX RAID issues

bwta, sound like you better take a look at:
http://download.intel.com/support/motherboards/server/l440gx/AcceleRAID1_0.pdf

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/intel-server-board-l440gx-raid-issues.168173/
Relevancy 29.67%

Hi, (First Post)

While it is often true that when you get no post after startup, that it is often the powersupply - it would be nice to know if the motherboard is functioning properly.
I use power supply testers, a great time saver, but does anyone know of a reasonalby inexpensive motherboard tester on the market?

A:Board test equipment

Well, I have seen a few mobo/ram testers on Ebay but have no idea how good they are. Just do a search on there for motherboard tester and several will come up, they are about Ģ20.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/board-test-equipment.162741/
Relevancy 28.81%

ok first off i got this board second hand from my brother he couldnt get it to work at all however he thought it was a video card compatability issue He had a ATI Radeon card and its an NVIDIA chipset on the board Now that ive giving a tiny bit of back ground ill give you the systems specs or atleast the specs itll be once its working and can see things CPU Intel core duo E RAM GB DDR x OCZ REAPER Motherboard As mentioned EVGA NVIDIA i sli GPU GEforce GS PSU Sparkle W gold class TB for storage and a GB + no =( sli output board video Evga 680i Nvidia for the OS Thats whats in my box and the box itself is a Rosewill Evga Nvidia 680i sli board + no video output =( CRUISER So far everything looks like its powers up right and and the HDD spins up it seems like its posting correctly i jus cant get anyvideo out of it Any suggestions would be helpful also keyboards will not work in any usb port and on the mointer it says entering power save mode it detects the cable being there but does not get a signal ive tried multiple keyboards and multiple video cables nbsp

A:Evga Nvidia 680i sli board + no video output =(

sounds like it's just a faulty board... it doesn't matter if you have a single ATI or NVIDIA card, it should work with either

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/evga-nvidia-680i-sli-board-no-video-output.160688/
Relevancy 29.67%

Hello I have a desktop with motherboard Via KT CF- ruinign on windows xp I had a MB memory and the computer was running very slow with lots K7VTA3 ECS RAM v8) fully isn't recognized (board of RAM isn't fully recognized (board ECS K7VTA3 v8) lags I decided to buy some more memory and bought the lot of two kit Kingston KVR X C AK total of GB I opened the computer and inserted the two memory sticks on the motherboard and switch on the computer As it runs BIOS says only MB Ram and not GB RAM Other times it reads sometimes says MB and one time said MB RAM Its very strange this Whats going on I dont know but the site says that the board accepts DDR SDRAM Did I bought a wrong set of memory sticks or is it something wrong in the computer data from Everest software ID Motherboard -KT CF- -K VTA C- Motherboard ECS K VTA v Physical Memory Total MB Used MB Free MB Utilization North Bridge VIA VT Apollo KT Thanks Boto nbsp

A:RAM isn't fully recognized (board ECS K7VTA3 v8)

I dont know but the site says that the board accepts DDR200/266/333 SDRAM.Click to expand...

You bought DDR400 so I'd say your RAM is not supported by your motherboard. Also, the voltage standard for your motherboard is 2.5 volts. Your RAM needs 2.6 volts although it should still run if your motherboard supported it in the first place. You might be able to bump up the voltage in the BIOS but I can't say for sure.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ram-isnt-fully-recognized-board-ecs-k7vta3-v8.159153/
Relevancy 28.38%

Okay, my board is as described. I have a black bank and a blue bank. I plan on upgrading to 8 gigs of RAM this spring. With my motherboard's setup, would I benefit more from 2 sticks of 4 gig RAM or 4 sticks of 2 gig RAM?

A link to my board:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...8&cm_re=M4A785TD-V_EVO-_-13-131-398-_-Product

A:Dual-channel capable board, with 4 DIMM slots in 2 different colors--questions

Link us to your motherboard's website. The manual should contain the correct memory configurations.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dual-channel-capable-board-with-4-dimm-slots-in-2-different-colors-questions.158183/
Relevancy 28.81%

So I recently had my main computer crash and break to the point I need a new computer so I figured I'd make it worth it this time.

Here's the deal: (add the www to see it)tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=6327547&SRCCODE=GOOGLEBASE&cm_mmc_o=VRqCjC7BBTkwCjCECjCE

Everything on there seems decent but I am curious about the board itself. Would the Intel Desktop Board DP55WB Motherboard be good for gaming, which I wish to use my computer mainly for. I have at most a 700 dollar budget and this seems like a nice deal for it. I plan on putting a Geforce GTX 580 graphics card in it as soon as I get the money as a little side note if it matters.

A:Intel desktop board DP55WB motherboard for gaming?

Pyron92 said:

So I recently had my main computer crash and break to the point I need a new computer so I figured I'd make it worth it this time.

Here's the deal: (add the www to see it)tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=6327547&SRCCODE=GOOGLEBASE&cm_mmc_o=VRqCjC7BBTkwCjCECjCE

Everything on there seems decent but I am curious about the board itself. Would the Intel Desktop Board DP55WB Motherboard be good for gaming, which I wish to use my computer mainly for. I have at most a 700 dollar budget and this seems like a nice deal for it. I plan on putting a Geforce GTX 580 graphics card in it as soon as I get the money as a little side note if it matters.Click to expand...

I'd suggest looking at the same chipset, but in either Gigabyte or Asus brands. Intel boards are fine, as much as it goes, but the BIOS is very limited as to configuration for different memory, and overclocking options. Intel really markets it's boards as mainstream items, intended for average users and businesses, they're not really aimed at the enthusiast.

The feature set can vary widely from board to board, and you should have a look at these pages to see which board has the capabilities you need;

Asus P-55; http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...600008069 600008216&IsNodeId=1&name=Intel P55

Gigabyte P-55; http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...600008069 600008216&IsNodeId=1&name=Intel P55

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/intel-desktop-board-dp55wb-motherboard-for-gaming.157197/
Relevancy 29.67%

how do u know if u have on board sound card on ibm

A:How do you now if you have on board sound card

The easiest recognition sign would be 3.5mm jack plugs on the rear panel of the motherboard.
http://www.dansdata.com/images/a7a266/sndconns400.jpg
3 (Green, blue, pink) is common on older boards, 4, 5 or more commonly 6 jacks for newer (and 5.1 +) sound codecs.
If you post some details of the system/board the forum will be able to give you a more definitive answer.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-do-you-now-if-you-have-on-board-sound-card.152783/
Relevancy 29.24%

Wondering if anyone has tried a non-Nocona, E-ATX dual Xeon board in the HAF 932. I'm talking one of the newer Dual-Xeon boards. I know I lose the single-CPU ATX back opening, but I'm more concerned about if it actually handles a dual-Xeon E-ATX board.

Thanks for any help.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cooler-master-haf-932-e-atx-dual-xeon-board-anyone-tried-it.152497/
Relevancy 28.38%

I plan to upgrade my video card from geforce 9500GT to geforece GTS250.. my mother board model is gigabyte GA-M61PME-S2P..

A:Is the GeForce GTS250 compatible with a DDR2 board and PCIe slot?

Yes.
Powersupply? Just making sure...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-the-geforce-gts250-compatible-with-a-ddr2-board-and-pcie-slot.152306/
Relevancy 30.1%

I want to put together two of the new GTX 460 video cards and using an i7-870 proc.

Any SLI mobo recommendations?

A:SLI board recommendations for the GTX 460 and i7-870

Hi Tom,
what price range are you in here?
......Hmmmmm, something tells me Chef will be here in a minute with 3....no...make that 4 recommendations.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sli-board-recommendations-for-the-gtx-460-and-i7-870.150526/
Relevancy 28.81%

Hi

I want to turn on my PC automatically during late hours so that I can do some downloads and maintenance works on my PC automatically!!
But I cant find an option for RTC alarm enabling in this BIOS!!
Whats wrong with this Mobo?

Will any one help me?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-enable-rtc-alarm-on-my-intel-desktop-board-d102ggc2.150251/
Relevancy 29.67%

Hi I have been having problems with my hdd s circuit board on my dell d I aint sure what happen I think it Toshiba circuit HDD board was just my bad luck Anyways I was wondering if its possible of saving the HDD by switching the board with one of the same model boughten brand new off the internet Also I forgot to mention that I put a master password Bios password also applied but thats not a problem since I am able to enter my password on the hdd so no could get into it without my consent just in case it got stolen I am just wondering if that will screw anything up with the new circuit board The name and model of the hdd is Toshiba Toshiba HDD circuit board MK GAX I hope someone can give Toshiba HDD circuit board me some advice on this topic because I don t want to wast my money which ever way I go buy a new hdd or just a circuit board Please respond and thanks in advance nbsp

A:Toshiba HDD circuit board

Come on people, just don't let me hang. I need something, thoughts, ideas, and/or anything else. I just don't want to leave with nothing...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-hdd-circuit-board.147872/
Relevancy 29.67%

I will be upgrading my system in july and was wondering if anyone can recomend a new cpu, motherboard and DDR3 sims. I currently have an E8500, ASUS P5N-32E, GTX275, Corsair TX650 PSU and 4gig of DDR2. I was thinking of going with the an Intel Core i7 930 2.80Ghz (Bloomfield) (Socket LGA1366). Can anyone recomend a good board around Ģ150-180 that will fit this CPU and also some DDR3 sims?

A:New CPU, board and memory time

The Asus P6X58D-E is a great motherboard at your price point.

Are you planning on going with 6GB of DDR3 memory to utilise the CPU's triple channel memory controller? What's your budget for the memory?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-cpu-board-and-memory-time.147034/
Relevancy 30.1%

Hey everyone!

I know this might not be possible but I'm wondering if you can uses two SLI cards, but use the on board port to push the output video. I have two 9800 GT cards with dual DVI connections. The motherboard has a HDMI output and I would like to hook this pc to my HDTV. I can hook the the on board port just fine but the system doesn't use the graphic cards at all. Is their a way to make the graphics cards work when their ports are not in use? Thanks in advance!

Specs
2 X 9800 GT
1220 modular power supply
Dual core AMD 3.2 GHz
2 X 500 GB hardddrive
4 GB of RAM

A:On board plus two SLI cards

obviously it wouldn't work. you cannot expect the graphic card to output the display to onboard HDMI port right? it's time for DVI to HDMI converter.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/on-board-plus-two-sli-cards.144412/
Relevancy 28.81%

How do i fix or enable my system board Dell Latitude C640 on my laptop ?? Question US Marine in Iraq needs help azap!!!!!!!Sempre Fi USMC

A:How do I fix or enable my system board on my Dell Latitude C640?

You'll have to explain what is "system board" and what exact problems you're having.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-do-i-fix-or-enable-my-system-board-on-my-dell-latitude-c640.143065/
Relevancy 28.81%

Hello all I m new here almost as new at poking around inside my computer at this point its nothing lost nothing gained I have read several hundred posts of others who also fell victim to these substandard machines An e machines label wont be on my desktop again even if its case is blotted out with whiteout Anyway enough rant I m here for your help I have an model T amd athlon failed board victim Unknowing emachine, 754/478 socket replacement, of power supply that took the motherboard with it originally a - bit Unknowing victim of emachine, board replacement, socket 754/478 Mhz gb x machine msi MotherBoard I have looked at options and due to purpose or use of it I remain torn as to the best way to replace it seems Unknowing victim of emachine, board replacement, socket 754/478 Cputopia com On Sale has a motherboard basic single core board processor and processor fan for a Unknowing victim of emachine, board replacement, socket 754/478 bit over a hundred dollars dependent on options selected they also have a box case processor board and power supply for around dependent upon how equipped while the power supply upgrade is at one page its at another No big deal about that Anyway my other option is to get a sole independent board with the same socket as my oem processor motherboard and reuse my Atlon Processor - HD - DVD-Cd and new windows program as such Now the crux of the problem is I have seen T quot s listed here and elsewhere as having come from the factory equipped as socket and processor as well as How do I know or how can I tell which one I have I need to compare performance of the T - socket to the Sempron quot its been suggested this Sempron also comes in a variety of speeds and cores some better some worse than the Atlon it is dependent on the encoded processor suffix quot No description of such is available with the advertised replacement board and case at cputopia and I certainly don t want to go down or backward in speed or performance There are no performance specs advertised with this Cputopia com replacement board case cpu fan or other optional parts available either essentially no sepec no matter what I buy of the sempron All replys will be appreciated my budget doesnt give me room for errors do it once and do it right the first time wish I had been this cautious when I bought the emachine but budget was not as bad as now come Halloween I m gonna put lipstick on it put it outside and call it a pig with a big emachine billboard Regards to all here Leo nbsp

A:Unknowing victim of emachine, board replacement, socket 754/478

Dude, get a grip. I know less about computers now than before I read your post.

I thought that socket 478 was Intel (Pentium Celeron), now I come to find out that it's AMD.

An AMD Sempron 3000 only comes in one speed, if it's another speed, then it has a different number.

All of the s*** you mention is beyond obsolete, so maybe it's time for a whole 'nuther computer. Please, I heartily suggest that you avoid attempting to build a machine, at least in your current state of mind.

I don't think that any of us here are really equipped to deal with the anxiety, angst, or incoherent and rambling thought patterns you have exhibited thus far, let alone what you're trying to pass off as sentence structure.

BTW, my Emachines T-5026 just reached its 5th birthday. If you'd like to check in and wish it many happy returns, (pun not intended), here's the link; http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic143315.html

I would argue that it is not really possible to be an "unknowing victim" of Emachines.

You bought it because it was cheap, cheap s*** breaks. So where's the surprise, the mystery, or the unpredictability?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unknowing-victim-of-emachine-board-replacement-socket-754-478.143436/
Relevancy 29.67%

I've got an old ECS Elitegroup PF21 extreme motherboard. Now ever since I reformatted I have had no sound from my on board audio. The only way I have been able to was through my USB headset. I've never formatted a computer and it was my first time. Everything works perfectly fine and I have no problems other then this. Does any one know what could have gone wrong?

A:On board audio not working

Download the drivers from the motherboard's support site here

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/on-board-audio-not-working.143323/
Relevancy 55.47%

The mother board is an ASUS P5Q? I know the adapter is working because I can hook the cable that comes from the case to another sata slot shut down turn the enclosure on and boot and I have a third hard drive. But that is not how I would like to do it. If the mother board would recognize the enclosure it would give me an icon in the tray to shut it off and I would not have to reboot to back up something.

Thank u for any help

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-do-i-get-this-mother-board-to-reconginse-an-e-sata-to-sata-adapter.142200/
Relevancy 29.67%

Hello all,

I have about 5 choices for motherboards here and all of them are within my budget. But all these mobos seem to have fairly the same reviews. So can you please help me decide? BTW I do plan to overclock my system.

- Gigabyte GA P55MUD3
- ASUS P7P55 D
- Intel DP55KG
- MSI P55 GD65
- Gigabyte GA P55M UD2

Thanks.

A:The Best LGA 1156 Socket board

Probably the MSI would offer the best all round feature set. All would offer basically the same stock performance.
I'm personally not a great fan of MSI, but that's because of personal experience with their P35/P45/680i and 780i boards. Haven't worked with a P55 based board as yet (too expensive in this part of the world) so as with the other choices I would seek out customer reviews as a basis for comparison in addition to published spec sheets and reviews.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/the-best-lga-1156-socket-board.142077/
Relevancy 25.8%

I have a problem and I think it s memory related I read the post about quot Dual-Channel Memory in Single-Channel Motherboard quot But it didn t help plus it was memory channel Dual board? single in Channel from Here s my computer it s old I know I don t have the money to upgrade all of it - Intel Pentium D GHz - EVGA GeForce GS MB GDDR PCI Express - Intel D GGCL ATI Socket Dual Channel memory in single channel board? MicroATX Motherboard - GB x MB PC DDR MHz CL Memory - Ultra -Watt power supply - Windows XP bit I recently bought a memory upgrade GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Dual Channel Kit My computer worked fine minus the small memory amount before I installed the new memory After I installed the new RAM my computer posted got to the windows splash screen got to the log in screen let me log in then loaded the OS While loading the OS and launching other start-up programs my computer froze I restarted many times and it fixed it It never got past a few seconds after loading the OS and a few programs I reinstalled my old memory and it worked fine again without a hitch What is the problem Is it the fact that the new memory is dual channel and the motherboard is single channel I re-read the specs of my mobo and it said that dual channel is optional However when I go to the BOIS menu F on startup it says quot single channel mode quot whith the new dual channel kit is in Is there something in the BIOS I should change Something to download Please Help Thanks in advance - Veng nbsp

A:Dual Channel memory in single channel board?

Well, I can say I solved my own problem.

After I spent the last 4 hours trying to find the problem. I ran a bunch of mem tests, cleaned the mem slots, etc... It turns out it wasn't a hardware issue at all. I was wiggling my mouse on start up and noted the time it froze... and every time it froze an application was launching in the system tray.

Turns out it was Norton F'ing Anti Virus....

The second it launched the computer froze. So I booted in safe mode and disabled the start up and all other functions of Norton. Rebooted in normal mode, and sure enough, it worked! Without a hitch!

Now here comes the Beach of it. Since I couldn't uninstall Norton because I disabled it (i.e. nothing would run because all the extensions, shells and services for it were dead), I rebooted in safe mode to uninstall, BUT Norton doesn't work in safe mode... WHAT!? The damn program specifically states in a condescending dialog box that you "must reboot in normal mode to access Norton... blah blah blah"

What kind of Virus program doesn't let you access it in safe mode? Isn't that the point, to run a virus scan in safe mode? Piece of crap! But anyways, I digress.

So now I finagled a way to run in normal mode without Norton launching to uninstall it. Uninstalling as we speak, actually.

*SO*

To answer my own question:
Yes, dual channel kits work in single channel boards (Just make sure you uninstall Norton before you put the new RAM in, haha).
- Veng

p.s. After this... I'm switching to McAfee or some sh*t.... Christ. YOU HEAR ME NORTON!? GO SUCK A FAT HAIRY LOBSTER C*CK!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dual-channel-memory-in-single-channel-board.141757/
Relevancy 34.4%

I need to order my mother a 22 inch monitor but I'm not sure which one to order. I would prefer to order it from newegg but if their is a good deal on one somewhere else tell me! It will have to be connected by d sub not dvi so I'm not sure if image quality is a very big deal. She will use it for browsing and 2d games such as zuma and bejeweled as well as browsing but her ancient pc only has integrated graphics so will it handle it fine?

I was thinking that these ones looked good but I'm not sure which will be most reliable.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...2E16824236078,N82E16824009174,N82E16824009145
Edit: Ahh yes of coarse I forgot to mention the budget, 150 to 170 would be ideal.

A:Choosing a 22 inch monitor for my mother

Any help would be appreciated.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/choosing-a-22-inch-monitor-for-my-mother.140199/
Relevancy 29.67%

Hey im thinking of upgrading my pc so i can just hook it up hdmi to my tv. Ive looked around and my mobo only supports pci cards, which when i checked the hdmi out cards were a bit pricey. It also has one agp 4x slot but cant find a decent card in that department.

Should i get a new MOBO instead with an integrated hdmi out because another benefit of that would be a better CPU and ram support (mine currently says max memory is 1 gig on crucial, but i looked up the serial and says it supports 2) I do want a faster and stronger rig but dont know if all my components would matche up with a new board.

What would i need to look for in terms of choosing either of these options. My case apparently supports uATX (micro).

Thanks

A:Upgrade board or new video card?

Depends on your cash situation. Sounds like your PC is a bit old so a refresh would be in order. Particularly if you have a nice TV, you are probably going to want to use the PC for gaming/media.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrade-board-or-new-video-card.138938/
Relevancy 29.67%

Could someone give me a link to a motherboard beeper as this board does not come with one?

thank u Nick

A:Running a P5 Series ASUS board

How about this one? http://www.cwc-group.com/8ohm.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/running-a-p5-series-asus-board.138060/
Relevancy 29.67%

Hey all I am totally new to overclocking or working with the inside of a computer in everyway I watched my friend put this computer together for me he recommended what parts I buy etc about years ago The only thing I did was to pop in the RAM Ok so basic questions I have then I will list my specs Is it worth it for me to overclock I am super tight on cash and just want to buy some new RAM and get this thing faster for about - months till I can afford a new computer I am considering buying gb of Kingston ValueRAM GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC System Memory Model KVR X C AK G - Retail for bucks thats my budget unfortunately So is it a good idea Any advice on some basics of how I can begin to overclock on this board Specs Neo4-F 3200+ K8N on for to Looking AMD advice board my OC follow Name AMD Looking for advice to OC my AMD 3200+ on K8N Neo4-F board Athlon Code Name Venice Brand ID Package Socket Technology nm Core Voltage V Family Model Ext Family F Ext Model F Stepping Revision DH-E Instructions MMX DNow SSE SSE SSE x - Core Speed MHz Multiplier x Bus Speed MHz HT Link MHz Looking for advice to OC my AMD 3200+ on K8N Neo4-F board L Data KBytes -way L Inst KBytes -way Level KBytes -way Caches Size KBytes Descriptor -way set associative -byte line size L Cache Size KBytes L Cash Descriptor -way set associative -byte line size L Cache Size KBytes L Cash Descriptor way set associative -byte line size Motherboard Manufacturer MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO LTD Model MS- version Chipset NVIDIA nForce Rev A Southbridge NVIDIA nForce MCP LPCIO W EHF Brand Phoenix Technologies LTD Version PG Graphic Interface Version PCI-Express Link Width x Max Supported x my card NVIDIA GeForce GT with nm technology Core MHz Size MBytes Shaders MHz Memory MHz Type DDR Bus Width bits Memory x MBytes Kingmax Semiconductor slices or w e you call em Type DDR Channels Single Size MBytes DRAM Frequency MHz FSB DRAM is CPU CAS clocks RAS to CAS Delay tRCD clocks RAS Precharge tRP clocks Cycle Time tRAS clocks Bank Cycle Time tRC clocks Command Rate CR T DRAM Idle Timer clocks Max Bandwidth PC MHz My current RAM timing tables Frequency of JEDEC MHz CAS Latency of JEDEC RAS to CAS of JEDEC RAS Precharge of JEDEC tRAS of JEDEC Voltage for JEDEC V Frequency of JEDEC MHz CAS Latency of JEDEC RAS to CAS of JEDEC RAS Precharge of JEDEC tRAS of JEDEC Voltage of JEDEC V I hope that is all the information necessary It took me a long time to type it all out Too bad this CPUZ program doesn t have an easy copy paste text file Please let me know if there is anything else I need to provide that can help out Thank you so much to anyone out there willing to take time to help me out nbsp

A:Looking for advice to OC my AMD 3200+ on K8N Neo4-F board

HI calio, welcome to Techspot
what is it you want to accomplish with OC'ing? is it for gaming performance?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/looking-for-advice-to-oc-my-amd-3200-on-k8n-neo4-f-board.137208/
Relevancy 29.24%

Hello.

I plan to build my own computer since the DELL gx280 have given hard time to me. The i5 process would like to be my system in this time. Here is the list what I estimate on ebay (mostly)

CPU: Intel Core 2 q9400 - $190 OR i5 - $200
CPU Fan: ???
M/B: Asus P5KPL-CM - $60 OR Intel DP55WB - $100
Ram: Kingston 4gb DDR2 800mhz - $60 OR DD3 -$70
Video: ATI Radeon 4850 - $124
HDD: Western Digital 500GB 32mb, 7200 rpm - $56
DVD-RW: LG DVD-RW - $31
CASE: standard ATX Tower with 500w power - $45

I have no idea about a CPU cooler. What I heard that the CPU cooler should be different ones depends on the M/B and case.
What kinds of cooler can I use for my system? Also how am I able to firgue that out?

Thanks.

A:Cooler for Core i5 processor with Intel board?

Fast Healthy Weight Loss

I plan to build my own computer since the DELL gx280 have given hard time to me.

burnfatlikeafurnace.com/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cooler-for-core-i5-processor-with-intel-board.136168/
Relevancy 29.67%

Ive got a toshiba laptop and i went to sleep watching a dvd on it.
It fell off my bed and now when i type it doesnt keep up to speed even if i plug a different keyboard into it and use that.
I constantly have to go back and r-type everything i do

Any suggestions on how to possibly sort it out myself?

A:Laptop key board promlems

Dropping a laptop can do all kinds of damage... If you're not comfortable taking laptops apart, you will have to take it to a computer repair shop

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-key-board-promlems.135519/
Relevancy 28.38%

Hey,

I have ( and currently using) onboard audio for my sound output. It is Realtek onboard audio for an ASUS MOBO. Its 8 channel audio and im purchasing a sound card. It's a Creative Labs 7.1 sound card with EAX. Is it a good upgrade? I'm sure it is but im just looking for some quality advice first

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4514390&CatId=2771

A:On-board audio or dedicated sound card - pros and cons

It's not quite the same as switching from on-board video to a discrete video GPU card, but it's the best comparison that I can think of. At least with the video you can see a significant difference. With audio it's a little harder to hear a difference, especially since you need a good speaker set to reference from. If your CPU is a little down in power then you'll notice some improvement in games too. A lot of the crackling and poorly addressed effects will be cleaned up. For me, I was also able to hear other players further in a map than I could with on-board audio.

One thing to add to this brand of card that you're buying: The manufacture makes different audio profiles available in their software for this card. These profiles are designed for entertainment, games, etc... Enabling or disabling a profile might make the difference if EAX is available in-game or not. If it does not come with the manufacture's software, I would suggest looking for a disc ISO since this software would be necessary to configure the card for these options. And the updates at the manufacture's website might be incomplete.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/on-board-audio-or-dedicated-sound-card-pros-and-cons.133905/
Relevancy 28.81%

Hi everyone I am having problems with the sound card on my ACER PC and I asked the people I brought my 2nd hand ACER Veriton 3500v from what they did to the PC re formatting the HDD and loading it up with WIN XP Pro again. Apparently they used a program called KIlldisk that wrote 0?s to the HDD before they formatted it? They formatted it in FAT32 then loaded the op system.

As the sound card etc was working o?k prior to them doing this would it have been possible that using KIlldisk has turned ?off ? some how the sound card etc? And if so how can I turn it back on? I keep getting a msg Multimedia Audio Controller not loaded code 28 can you help.
Kelvin

A:On board sound card on an acer veriton 3500v

have you re-installed the sound driver?

also,go into your BIOS set up and enable the onboard sound.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/on-board-sound-card-on-an-acer-veriton-3500v.131206/
Relevancy 29.24%

After cleaning my computer free of dust, I reinstalled all the necessary parts to get the computer working again. When I was to put the processor back, I found that:

1) the pins were a little bit bent but I think they bent back in place when i put it back
2) In order to put back on motherboard, i had to remove the processor from the fan and that means the thermal paste was somewhat removed.

So the biggest question I have is: Is re-adding thermal paste necessary? and is this why its been shutting down?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/just-added-processor-to-board-computer-shuts-down.130693/
Relevancy 29.67%

My on board video adapter is non functional. I am trying to replace it with a PCI video adapter but the issue is that I cannot see the screen in order to gain access to the BIOS and disable the on board video adapter. Anyone have any other ideas other than replacing the motherboard?

I have confirmed that the video adapter is broken at the motherboard.

It is a Emachine desktop.

Thanks!

Antil0ck

A:On board Video card issues

so you can't see any display?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/on-board-video-card-issues.128718/
Relevancy 28.81%

Hi I own a Intel Pentium D CPU 2.80Ghz running on 2 core processers it is a HP PC m7360n. And Running on Upgrade Version of Windows Vista Home Premium. I have 300watts Powersupply running with Radeon x1600 512MB PRO Version. Then I "want to upgrade to 700watts" Powersupply with out any issues from "300 watts power supply". Is it safe enough to install the powersupply? Also I gotten today Radeon HD 3870 512MB wich is require to upgrade 450 or higher? Is it ok go and head install the power supply? Or can my HD 3870 can or can't? run 300Max which I know is unsafe. :/ I don't want to take any chances. Or not I just goto a local computer store and pay for them to install it.

A:Installing 700w Power Supply to Intel 4 Board

I would go ahead and install the new power supply. You should have no issues as long as the new power supply has all the proper connectors your equipment needs such as a PCI-E connector (for the graphics card) and a 700W should. If you are worried about a 700W being too powerful for your old setup, don't be. Your PC will draw only what it needs from the power supply even if you install a 1200W PSU.

Each type of PSU connector can only be connected to its own type and they are keyed so it is hard to install them backwards. After installing all the new power connections, double check the data cables. Sometimes they can get loose by accident when you are installing the other cables.

If you haven't bought it yet, make sure you get a good quality PSU. This is one piece of equipment you don't want to go too cheap.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/installing-700w-power-supply-to-intel-4-board.96345/
Relevancy 29.67%

Hey all, 2 days ago i bought a sapphire 4850 x2. i wouls just like to know something.

would putting this card in a 680i board be a problem?

would i not see as good of perfprmance as an intel board?

would there be any crossfire conflictions ?

Its an awesome card and dominates all of my games. Its just on crysis 1680x1050 all on very high i get 20 fps. I dont know if crossfire is working in the game or not or if it is a driver issue or if it because of my board.

Your comments a much appreciated

A:4850 X2 in a 680i board

probably no conflicts, probably driver issue, try reinstalling or use a modded one like DNA, OMEGA, Xtreme-G

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/4850-x2-in-a-680i-board.127592/
Relevancy 29.67%

I'm looking to build a new system and I'm trying to keep in really compact, but I also want to rock dual monitors. Are there any onboard video chipsets on the market now that will support dual monitors?

Thanks!!

A:Dual monitors from on board chipset

Repent...., and Prepare For the Future.....

Not sure really, but depending on the level of graphics performance you are expecting any Nvidia x300, x400, or x500 would provide dual monitor capability at low cost, (50 bucks or so, if you catch a good sale), while leaving you with a much greater selection with respect to choice of motherboard/ chipset combinations. I believe that all Nvidia 8500GT/9500GT video cards have HDCP compatibility so that you could easily drive your high-def TV from them. Either of these cards could most likely be used with a good 350 watt PSU, so there's no need to overbuild/overspend at this level. Avoid the overclocked versions of these cards, they use a bit more power, and it makes more sense to jump to the 9600GT series instead of trying wring more performance out of the lower series of cards

If cost is a factor I suggest purchasing a mobo board with onboard graphics, then adding the video card later. Here again though, spring for the right PSU that will allow you to grow your system. You you don't want to have to buy the PSU twice, if you change your mind about the level of upgrade you'd like to make.

You could investigate this post at Tom's hardware; http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/amd-780g-chipset,1785-5.html It seems to answer your original question.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dual-monitors-from-on-board-chipset.124022/
Relevancy 29.67%

Hi all I ve been struggling with this problem for almost two weeks now I m not able to get any audio from my system It all started when I formatted C in order to install Windows nor audio, neither card No PCI on-board with XP Home Previously I had XP Pro bit but I wasn t happy with that since it gave me some compatibiliy problems with other programs such as Norton Internet Security But - No audio, neither with on-board nor PCI card the sound worked However that s No audio, neither with on-board nor PCI card not the case with XP Home anymore This is my system Motherboard ASRock K S GX Chipset SIS GX on board Audio SIS Processor AMD sempron MHz For the on-board audio I used the latest audio driver from the SIS website but to no avail I tried alternative drivers such as Realtek AC or VIA but no luck The errors I get are pretty much the same that I get with the PCI audio card I just bought since I figured that would fix my problem I guess I was wrong The card I have is a Speed Link SL- -SRD and neither the drivers from the CD nor the latest version from their website works with my computer Here s a list of errors and peculiarities I have come across with both installations I hope you guys can shed some light on these When installing the PCI with option quot install driver and applications quot the set-up initializes and then a green screen comes on Then nothing happens When I opt instead for quot install drivers only quot it keeps saying quot driver is being installed quot and it loads and loads until the bar is full Then nothing happens I can press exit and when I do it says quot successfully installed please restart quot But after restart a message comes on from C-Media saying quot can not find audio chip quot It will usually say quot new hardware found quot too Neither Windows can find the driver automatically then nor does it work when I manually point Windows to the C-media driver from from the folder Usually what happens then is two or three scenarios The computer stalls again when the bar is fully loaded The computer says successful installation but when I restart there s still no audio I get a BSOD stating quot Stop x E xC xF BD B xf D C xF D cmaudio sys - Address F BD B base at F B quot When I check the device manager after the installation with option quot show hidden devices quot on it usually lists the CMI audio driver or the SIS for on-board whichever I ve done but in the properties tab it will says something like quot driver activated but not functioning quot Also there s usually up to new unknown devices listed under quot other devices quot and sometimes one under quot audio devices quot All of them with a yellow question mark beside them After the restart they re usually greyed out but they shouldn t be there at all should they On top of that there s always another gameport showing up which really bugs me What does that have to with setting up the audio One says quot CMaudio quot and the other PCI-Bus How do I find the right drivers for these As usual neither Windows nor the folder seem to provide something functional In the beginning of my installation attempts there was also a greyed out entry found named quot SM Bus Controller quot I could not find a driver for that anywhere even on the net Assuming that this had nothing to do with my audio I uninstalled this entry and since then it has never shown up again Could this bus controller thing be a problem What is it for anyway Well I guess I should mention that whenever I tried to go with the PCI card I made sure to disable on-board sound through the bios and uninstall those drivers And whenever I tried to do the on-board I made sure to uninstall and remove the PCI card Something that both have in common - and maybe that s the problem - is that the drivers are from C-Media Are there any incompatibility issues known regarding C-Media or ASRock Or in conjunction with XP Home When I installed Home I also installed all Service Packs up to Automatic Windows update has be... Read more

A:No audio, neither with on-board nor PCI card

I have onboard sound issues, i use sound cards, use a soundblaster card or a Diamond sound card. Sound blaster and diamond has good drivers. I would go with the sound blaster card first tho.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-audio-neither-with-on-board-nor-pci-card.112234/
Relevancy 29.67%

I was wondering if I would have any problems installing and running a new Geforce 9800 GT on an older Asrock 2Core 1333 DVI-2.66G motherboard? Heres a link to the board.

http://www.asrock.com/mb/overview.asp?Model=2Core1333DVI-2.66G&s=775

A:Asrock board & 9800 gt?

It will work fine, just make sure you update your bios when everything is up and running, and to have a good quality 600 watt psu.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asrock-board-9800-gt.122823/
Relevancy 29.67%

Hi,
My hard drive malfunctioned so was replaced, i am in the process of installing everything back onto my computer, i am having great difficulty in getting my sound to work.
i've got:
ASUSTeK Computer INC. M3A-H/HDMI (motherboard) with onboard sound ( Realtek HD Audio output)

i have updated all the drivers, checked the bios settings, device manager does not highlight any issues, my speakers are working properly.

i'd really appreciate some help as its driving me nuts!

thanks!

A:Realtech on board sound not working

What do you see in the Device Manager
Start->Control Panel->System->Hardware->Device Manager...
Any yellow or red flags?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/realtech-on-board-sound-not-working.122310/
Relevancy 64.5%

i just found out that my mother board cant be upgraded with a processor faster than 2.1 so i want to install a new mother and then get a faster processor. the thing is i have never built a computer and i dont really know what im getting myself into when installing a new mother board. i just want a mb that i can use all my old parts and upgrade my processor.

specs:
AMD 2400+ @ 2.0
512 DDR ram pc2100
radeon 9600 vid card
80 gb hard drive
AM37L MB
for more info http://www.emachines.com/support/support_info.html?prodName=T2482

i was thinking about getiing a KT600 and then a amd xp 3000+ mb since as far as i can tell it is compatible with all the stuff i have now

A:Installing a mother board

Theres a good chance that your Restore discs wont work with the new motherboard and when using XP you usually cant replace a motherboard without doing a clean install of Windows. The old motherboard drivers will keep Windows from loading or make the computer unstable. Replacing a board isnt that hard. Just make notes of where everything goes. The first time I did it I marked every cable with tape. I replaced a board in an eMachine. Physically it worked fine except the front panel connector was proprietary and I couldnt connect it to the new motherboard.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/installing-a-mother-board.18247/
Relevancy 29.67%

When I'm adjusting my many icons and shortcuts on my desktop, often, particularly when I change resolutions, all of the icons will bunch together in the upper left corner of my screen, requiring me to rearrange them again. As I'm dragging them to the right locations, often the mouse travels across the screen, but the image of the icon has frozen part of the way across. It has transparency. I hold my mouse in place waiting, then after some 20 to 30 seconds, the icon snaps into the new spot where my mouse cursor is positioned. Is this a video card "overload" problem? My video is on-board, as delivered in the machine.

Should I consider replacing this on-board video or do I have another problem? It's been this way since new.

A:Is this a video board problem?

Hey tepeco

Does this only occur with the icon moving? Or does it happen with anything else?

Spyder_1386

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-this-a-video-board-problem.121396/
Relevancy 29.67%

Hello, no flaming me please hahaha

I bought 2 servers from ebay jsut for fun and to learn with ,

this is what i got

Dual (2) Xeon 2.8Ghz Processors

2GB DDR PC2100 Memory

2x 36GB SCSI Fujitsu 10K RPM Hard Drive

On-Board RAID Controller (raid 0,1)

No CDROM and Floppy

the Mother board model is SE7501WV

when i try to install windows it cant find the hard drives and when i install linux it doesnt boot properly,
before posting i looked all over on how i can disable raid but i cant find anything , can anyone help me ?? i looked in the bios for a raid option but i couldent find anything unless im missing something "/ so any help would be great or pointing me into where i can find the info and i can figure it out .
thank you very much

A:Disabling on-board raid help

sorry the model MB is SE7501WV2

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/disabling-on-board-raid-help.121623/
Relevancy 29.24%

GigaByte Board with Nvidia or Intel Chipset
and which board should i prefer with price
budget 3k
or
should i go for another company like Asus

A:Gigabyte Board with Nvidia or Intel Chipset

Reply me urgent

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gigabyte-board-with-nvidia-or-intel-chipset.119976/
Relevancy 30.1%

hey all

if my mobo's got on board graphics and naturally i want to install a better graphics card so i can game, do i have to disable onboard graphics via the BIOS? if so, how do i do this and what happens after that, do i slot the card in and that's it?

Any replies greatly appreciated

A:On board graphics/PCI-E 16x

Most motherboards will choose to use the PCI-e over the on-board video without you having to change anything.

While I personally don't know of any motherboards that do need a manual change, you would have to do so in the BIOS as you expected. If you need more help, let us know what the brand and model of the board in question, and I can find a manual online and step you through it. Or at the very least let you know if you have to even change anything in the BIOS.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/on-board-graphics-pci-e-16x.119913/
Relevancy 29.67%

Hi all,

Has been a long long time since i've returned to these forums, but i've always got the best advice and info from u guys!

Basically, i am getting confused with the hype of Physx and dedicating a GPU to act fully on Physx.

I have an intel chipset P35 Asus P5KE-E mobo which will support crossfire etc but i am sticking with Nvidia. I currently have a 9600 GT overclocked and want to upgrade to a 280 gtx. Can i whack the 9600 gt into the second (x4) pci express port and dedicate the whole card to physx whilst having the 280 in the pci-e x16 slot??

I'm sure i have read that this is possible but knowing my luck, it has to be in an sli capable mobo?!

Thanks in advance

Jonny

A:2 Nvidia Cards on non-sli board (for physx?)

it has to be SLI because ATI and nVidia uses different i think technologies and it works on a different basis
but there is a mobo which will be coming out that supports both Crossfire and SLI
i think intel will do it but i cant remember what model it will be :S

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/2-nvidia-cards-on-non-sli-board-for-physx.119635/
Relevancy 29.67%

MSI K A Platinum Motherboard Amd Athlon windsor dual core chipset Geforce GT gigs DDR memory Windows xp SP hey everyone i was wondering if someone could help me out i bought a brand new machine at the end of last year from a retailer only to have continued problems with it until recently months installing Problems new board after donw Problems after installing new board tht eline basically when i found out that the people i bought my machine form actually built my machine with a motherboard which couldn t handle the wattage from my cpu ie a w dual core amd chipset hence providing me with millions of blue screen errors and as a result at the age of i nearly have no hair left anyways i finally decided to end this computer misery by buying a new motherboard an MSI K A platinum which is easily capable of handling my cpu and is prett big step up from the last one anyways now since i ve put this board in my machine i now have issues where if i run any game after about minutes of playin the game where the speed and graphics are excellent and running smoothly the game suddenly becomes very jerky and basically runs at a quarter of the speed where for example with red alert from being able to scroll around the map every smootly suddenyl when i move ther mouse to the edge of the screen it takes like a secnond before it responds basically taking snapshots of the battlefield i honestl cant undertsnad why it do this especially it it starts out fine i ran my machine on the stress test which everest ultimate provides and it had no problems didn t crash or have errors only thing possibly being that the one cpu got up to heat value of about which apperenlty is okay for an amd cpu cuz apparentl amd cpu s can get up to a temp of before anything starts to go mad could anyone suggest anything as to why this might be happening i also downloaded the newest forceware for my GPU geforec GT and that doesn t seem to have done anything please could someone help me out this is unbelievably frustrating i heard that there are options which can be changed in an amd chipset bios t fix things like this i have no idea what i m doing i really dont want to mess around in the bios setting without knowing what i m doing any help with this would be really appreciated thanks alot nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problems-after-installing-new-board.116078/
Relevancy 28.81%

I am getting ready to go pickup one of my old ribbon ide cables to connect it. As far as getting power to it from this new board, what do I need? Is this a current spare power hookup down there or do I need to bring something from my older PC?

A:Older IDE Hard drive on newer Asus board

This old IDE drive might greatly slow down your new system

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/older-ide-hard-drive-on-newer-asus-board.115260/
Relevancy 30.1%

Hi my name is Akhilesh sharma new to computing, hope u will bear with me. i bought a acvent computer in 2002. suddenly i realised that i am not geting any sound, i tried divice manager which have no conflict. driver detective etc didn not find any problem with drivers etc. but if i go to cotrol pannel and open sound icon in sound section it says 'no sound divice' i dont understand what to do, also there is one icon in control pannel which says 'Xear 3D (cmi audio config) which doesnt open. can u please advice me what to do. i dont even get startup or shut dn sound from system speakers either. thanks

A:Helllo every one on board

Did you reinstall your OS recently?

Make sure to download all of the proper driver's for your sound device (up to date)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/helllo-every-one-on-board.114581/
Relevancy 30.53%

hello i have recently upgraded my ram on my dfi lanparty 790fx dark mobo it has an amd 9550 phenom quad core processor 2.2ghz the ram i just put in it is dominator 1066 dual channel 2 gig sticks and after doing the computer now reads processor as 1.6ghz and me nor my room mate can figure out what the problem is so if anyone can please help

A:Not too sure if this is the right board but...

Did you chk the multiplier in bios?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/not-too-sure-if-this-is-the-right-board-but.114564/
Relevancy 25.8%

Just bought 2 new Intel S5000VSA server boards, After building both Pcs using the Intel disc that came with board and even the win 2003 setup disc directly I cant seem to install windows server 2003 without receiving a BSOD during setup. All Hardware is compliant with the board. Please Help

A:Cant install Windows Server 2003 on Intel s5000vsa server board

Strip the system down. One memory stick, no USB devices, on-board video and sound, no sound card and try the OS install again. Reset the bios to failsafe defaults

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-install-windows-server-2003-on-intel-s5000vsa-server-board.113843/
Relevancy 29.24%

The realtek on board sound card on an Asus P5n board has stopped working.
There is no longer an option in BIOS to enable/disable it.
It shows as a PCI device in XP
None of the downloadable driver sets work.
I have reset the BIOS

Any ideas anyone?

A:Realtek On board sound card - not in the BIOS

There isn't a P5N mobo - do you have the -D variant?

Where specifically in Bios did you look?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/realtek-on-board-sound-card-not-in-the-bios.113752/
Relevancy 29.67%

Hi I have a GB Control Board? fried HDD's Replace internal Seagate Replace fried HDD's Control Board? hard drive which I removed from my PC so that I would have it with me since we just moved from South Africa to Cali USA I purchased this adapter set intending to be able to connect the hard drive to my laptop http www amazon com Sabrent-USB-D ie UTF amp s electronics amp qid amp sr - I had read many of the reviews and none had mentioned that anyone had fried their drive so I had hoped it would be fine I hooked it up and smelt a funny burning smell I immediately ripped the power cable out hoping I had been fast enough but alas the drive shorts out and won t work anymore I took it to the campus IT department here to see if they could hook it up to a PC there and it just shorted and wouldn t work So my predicament is basically that the control board on my hard drive is fried and I need to get a new one of the same model and serial as explained by this video I found http www youtube com watch v aUnmcbfagLA The data is still obviously on the disk too the only part that fried was the control board So my question is Where can I get another drive with a matching control board I certainly don t want to spend thousands of dollars trying to recover data off of the hard drive as I m a student and could never afford it anyway The data includes a lot of my graphics design which I m into and it is the only backup I have of years of my work which could never be replaced Hard drive information Seagate Barracuda Gibytes S N QM T ST AS P N BX - Firmware SD Date Code Site Code KRATSG nbsp

A:Replace fried HDD's Control Board?

Search ebay>harddrives>ST3500320AS

31 matches as of this reply: my search results

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/replace-fried-hdds-control-board.113281/
Relevancy 24.94%

im trying t o figure out if i should use my on-board sound card or the Audigy se

I run vista
the board is a geforce8200a with IDT High definitiont audio device
and i want to know if by adding the Audigy SE will it improve my system performance or down grade it

2 gb of ram
2.8 ghz processor dual core

any other info just ask

A:Sound Blaster Audigy SE or on-board sound?

ok you will need to download this program because there are a few motherboards that use that

http://www.cpuid.com/download/cpuz_147.zip

than after you have downloaded it right click on the file and hit extract or it might say unzip than open the extracted folder if it doesn't do that automatically than run cpuz. after its finished loading look at the top and click the tab that says mainboard than write down the information it says about your motherboard than post it here and that should make it easier to tell you which is better.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-blaster-audigy-se-or-on-board-sound.111741/
Relevancy 29.67%

hello folks at techspot.
here is my question:
is it better to use the onboard-sound(realtech alc 1200)
or should I install my(fairly old) sound blaster audigy?
will it have an effect on cpu-usage or sound quality?
thanx in advance

A:What to use on-board audio or SB Audigy?

I go for onboard

Extra PCI cards, mean
possibility of more faults
more power consumption
more startups
more services running

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-to-use-on-board-audio-or-sb-audigy.109346/
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi all.

Im new here so forgive me if i seem to be a dumb ***.

Also forgive me if this has been covered before else where.

I have a home brew PC set up.

The mother board is a ASUS A7V8X-MX SE. its currently fitted with a AMD 2600+ CPU.

What id like to know is can i get an upgrade CPU to make things a bit faster ??

I cant find my original hand book that came with the mother board.

I have read that AMD do a 3200+ chip , but I'm not sure if my mother board can take this.
Also there seems to be several versions too and I'm also unsure if the mother board is even supported any more .

My PSU is a LC-B350ATX not sure if this will cope with extra drain of a faster CPU ???

Can any one help me out with some info ??

Cheers.

Dave.

A:A7V8X-MX SE mother board CPU upgrade

http://www.asus.com/products.aspx?l1=3&l2=13&l3=64&model=230&modelmenu=1

http://support.asus.com/cpusupport/cpusupport.aspx?SLanguage=en-us&model=A7V8X-MX SE

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/a7v8x-mx-se-mother-board-cpu-upgrade.109295/
Relevancy 29.67%

Kinda like a message board like this one. Note: The HTLM code is turned off, if that makes any difference.

Actually its a voice message, chanelled through my Michrophone using my sound recorder. I can attach it to my Email, but when I copy and paste it from my Email to my message board I can veiw it at anytime, but others cant seem to open it.

Do I need a Google MP3 player or should I convert it into a MP3 file?

Is special software needed? Just dont know. Thanks to all!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-do-you-attach-mp3-wav-file-to-a-message-board.108855/
Relevancy 30.53%

I have a gigabyte ga-m57sli-s4 and I was looking at going to an AM2+ processor at some point in the future. Have to figure out other problems first. I know the board will "work" with the newer AMDs but Gigabyte says:

(Note) If you install AMD AM2+ CPU on AM2 motherbord, the system bus speed will downgrade from HT3.0(5200MHz) to HT1.0(2000 MT/s) spec; however, the frequency of AM2+ CPU will not be impacted.

What does this mean exactly? Would a quad or tri with this impact act any better than my x2 5000 black (currently OC to 3.1). Do I need a newer board to run these in any way that will show gains.

I guess the main reason I'm asking is that Vista says my CPU has the lowest performance index of any of my parts. Like your thoughts. Thanks.

A:AM2+ in AM2 Board

It means that the HyperTransport link (the bus which connects the CPU to the rest of the system) will not be as fast as possible. I don't think it will bring a performance degradation on a desktop system though.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/am2-in-am2-board.108620/
Relevancy 29.67%

Hello,
I am new to this Tech Forum site so; Howdy!
At present my mental status is fried, so is my circuit board. Don't ask, I don't want to tell what I (yes - I) did to the circuit board. Lets just say it now has me in a very very dark place. Anyway, I need a Maxtor FISH-N-M16.301252104, Model 53073H6, 16383 Cylinders, 16 Heads, 63 Sectors Circuit Board
I obtained mine aproximately 1994, I don't know what year these were built or how many produced (I'm really hoping there were alot)
Thanks,
Redtexas

A:Where can I find this circuit board?

O.K., now I found my other Maxtor drive, can anyone tell me if:
the circuit board on a DiamondMax Plus 8, 40GB, ATA/133 HDD, MFG DATE 05APRIL2003,CODE: NAR61590, LBA: 80293248, E-H011-02-3427, 6E040L0510605 AAA, S/N: E19FLJXE, K, M, C, A, AND On the board there is a number painted: E2110790903
Can it be used for circuit board exchange with the Model 53073H6 for the purpose of data recovery?
Thank you, Redtexas

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/where-can-i-find-this-circuit-board.94485/
Relevancy 30.1%

I just bought a Soltek SL-k av -rl Rev LB for my brand new AMD Athlon Socket I am using a NVIDEA FX mg video card that was working on my previous board moments before install on this board I am also putting it in my case that I have been using with a ANTEC SP power supply the previous setup was a ghz setup so I am sure it is enough power The problem is that when I turn it on everything seems to get power Board has else, going but power what's nothing on? the fans start and the hard drive light stays on but no video no post and NO BEEPS The most baffling part is that I am not using the power button It is doing this when the switch on the back of the Board has power but nothing else, what's going on? power supply is flipped The power button for the case is not working at all on or off I know that it is good because as I said it was working only moments before the transition I know this has got to be something simple that I am just missing but I am completely baffled Please help nbsp

A:Board has power but nothing else, what's going on?

Have you remembered to plug in the auxillary 4 pin 12 volt power connector to the socket near the CPU if it has one? Is the CPU installed correctly and is it's fan plugged into the motherboard?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/board-has-power-but-nothing-else-whats-going-on.107127/
Relevancy 29.24%

I see many responses saying either to disable or to uninstall on-board graphics drivers. I have a Dell E310 with Windows XP and currently has the integrated intel chipset. I was just wondering if there was any difference in either disabling or uninstalling the drivers. I'm about to replace my psu and install the graphics card tomorrow so I want to be sure I'm doing things right. Thank you and I appreciate the help.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/disable-or-uninstall-on-board-graphics-drivers.106869/
Relevancy 30.1%

Dear Friends,

I was using SIS 650/650GL/650GX/651 type motherboard bought 2 years back. Now it gives me some problem. My SMPS, Processor(Celeron 1.7 Ghz) and 256 MB Ram are in good condition. So i thought to change the motherboard alone. What would be your suggestion to buy a new motherboard? I like to go for Gigabyte itself, but how can i ensure the compatibility of my previous hardware setups?

Please guide.

Thank Q

A:Alternative for my Sis 650 Board?

It really doesn't matter. You should always do a clean Windows install when changing motherboards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/alternative-for-my-sis-650-board.104376/
Relevancy 29.24%

Shall I Upgrade My Processor/What Processors are CompatibleWith My Board?

Well as you can tell from the title, i'm wondering if I should upgrade my processor and what processors are compatible with my board.

I have a ASUS PDGT-LA [HP Goldfish3].

I currently have a Intel Pentium 4 519K 3.06Ghz 533 Mhz FSB 64-bit Processor.

Would upgrading to a 640 or a 630 be worth the $100?

What processors are compatible with my board?

Thanks in Advance,
Tim

A:Shall I Upgrade My Processor/What Processors are Compatible With My Board?

Socket: LGA775
Supports processor up to 3.4 GHz
Supports Intel Pentium 4 HT processors

Lots more info from here: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?&cc=us&docname=c00361570

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/shall-i-upgrade-my-processor-what-processors-are-compatible-with-my-board.104433/
Relevancy 29.67%

Hi New to this but here goes I have read all the help there is but this has me stumped I have an Asus A N Sli Deluxe mobo AMD with two Ultras and gb Corsair memory and x Maxtor Gb in raid run on a Antec truepower w Psu Have been running for yrs now Recently my power switch seemed to give trouble wont start then does temperamental as hell Now the system wont start at all Tried to bypass switch with reset one tried to jumpstart with screwdriver no luck Used a piece of wire in pins and and psu powers up all pins giving Sli A8N Deluxe board Asus Dead right current Used an old w psu and everything powers up but now no post Cleared the cmos with jumper pulled out mobo and set up outside case with only memory and graphics card plugged in still same Antec wont fire up and old psu works but Asus A8N Sli Deluxe Dead board no post screen I did Asus A8N Sli Deluxe Dead board flash bios a month ago with asus update and the machine has been purring beautifully Only thing i can think that was different was our lovely South African load shedding that crashed my PC during a game I then replugged in antec to mobo and placed the wire clip in from behind forcing power on but it wont post or stay on without wire clip Why can i jump my Antec to work but it wont power up with switch Why no post screen now i know the mobo has something like a crash free bios nbsp

A:Asus A8N Sli Deluxe Dead board

Your psu is failing.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-a8n-sli-deluxe-dead-board.103678/
Relevancy 28.81%

I can get both of these parts for 20$ a piece and I have enough parts from an older build laying around to build a small computer to go in my tv cabnet to hook to the new 37 LG. I am assuming they will work together even though the FSB is 800 on the processor? and the board is less? does it matter?
The only other problem I see is that I have seen nothing about onboard video in the specs.

Just looking to build something inexpensive to check the weather while sitting on the couch and maybe keep the photos on.

Everyone was a great help last time and my first build is still up and running from day one with no problems!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/intel-board-845e-and-a-p4-northwood-cpu-2-80ghz-512kb.102366/
Relevancy 29.67%

My girl friend has an insprion e1705 and just recently had to get a new mother board put in after it got fried, and ever since then when she types in Microsoft Word, AOL Instant Messenger, Face Book etc the cursor decided to move up in previous written text. Also other problems include letters being spaced apart or becoming bold. My idea was she had dirt or something stuck in the keys, but with this key board, it is almost impossible to get crap inside the keys. Any suggestions would be much appreciated

A:Inspiron e1705 key board trouble

The keyboard connector could be not set properly or the keyboard should be replaced and this post belongs in the Mobile Computing forum... This is a laptop. It is a mobile computing device

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/inspiron-e1705-key-board-trouble.101912/
Relevancy 29.24%

New board ,and new assembly on an old Dell CSx however my previous problem still exsist,it will not boot. There is response from the indicator lights, A\C cord seems to be in good condition ,battery also seems to be good. any suggestions?I would be thankful for anyones ideas or help.

A:New board new assembly same problem Dell CSx will not boot

matter of fact it was bad ,however i was able to replace it with a good AC Adap.and still nothing happens other than the LED s light up blink a few times then nothing

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-board-new-assembly-same-problem-dell-csx-will-not-boot.101299/
Relevancy 63.64%

i just got my motherboard RMA d after a power outage i plugged it and when i powered it mother RMA'd DOA? 680i Board EVGA Just on a spark flew from my video card so i knew that my video card was probbably fried so i bought a brand new GT plugged everything in again started it up and nothing there is not a video signal at all my mother board being a EVGA i A has a cool little DEBUG led and all im getting on it is - - when Just RMA'd EVGA 680i mother Board DOA? my computer was up and running i usally got FF Just RMA'd EVGA 680i mother Board DOA? witch i checked on the manual is Boot since Just RMA'd EVGA 680i mother Board DOA? i get a Random - - that is not even in my mother board manual i think that it might be dead on arrival the computer powers up and my fans start running my brand new graphics card starts up and the mobo lights come on another thing about the mother board lights when i would start up my computer before i had the power outage i would only get a BLUE led which would come on when there was power to the system and a Green light that would come on when i powered on now i get those two and a orange one that i think hads a label of J if anyone can help me out with this the things that ive done I reset the bios using a jumper that my mobo manual said I took out the board and re set it in my case I made sure that all my connections were good while i wait for an reply from someone i am going to reset my CPU on the mother board nbsp

A:Just RMA'd EVGA 680i mother Board DOA?

Well, it is likely dead, but dead due to what happened, rather than dead upon arrival.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/just-rmad-evga-680i-mother-board-doa.100659/
Relevancy 29.67%

Greetings!!

I have an HP D530 minitower which is an Asus P4SD Socket 478, I was wondering would the motherboard fit and line up with any ATX Computer Case. I want to change the case on it and go with a regular desktop case instead of the minicase but I want to make sure before I buy one first that it will fit.

A:Would Asus board fit in an ATX Case

How would I know if the case would support it, the case I want is this http://www.factorydirect.ca/catalog/product_spec.php?pcode=AT1855

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/would-asus-board-fit-in-an-atx-case.99908/
Relevancy 29.67%

i have been told this to be a problem before, however cannot find a fix for it. i have a msi board, k9n neo v3, just got it in january. i had been an avid ventrilo user but the microphone does not work on this new board. is there a fix / patch / or anything that would fix this problem?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microphone-does-not-work-on-k9n-neo-v3-msi-board.99736/
Relevancy 28.81%

I replaced the system board on my IBM thinkpad 600E because the original problem was that everytime the system booted up it would keep going to the time (time would not stay). I know that there is a battery on the system board but I figured it would be less of a hassle if I just replace the system board. I did that and now the system will not boot up. The LED's come on and I hear the fan run but nothing will show up on the screen. What should I do?

A:IBM Thinkpad 660E will not boot after System Board Replacement

Are you sure the replacement board was not broken? Maybe you did something wrong when putting the thing back together again?

Just take the thing apart again and try your previous mobo. If that works, try with the new one again.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ibm-thinkpad-660e-will-not-boot-after-system-board-replacement.98415/
Relevancy 30.1%

Here are my specs:
Mobo = MSI model# MS-7253
Processor = AMD Athlon 64 x2 5000+ (Black Edition)
RAM = 2gb (667mhz)
Video Card = 8500gt
PSU = 450watt

I got the 5000+ black edition because I keep reading where I could get it to 3.0ghz. The first PC I built was easy to overclock, but I don't have any options in my BIOS on this mobo. Can I not overclock this board or what can i do?
Thanks in advance!

Nevermind I found it

A:Anyway to Overclock this board?

looks like you can't change the multiplier with the bios (got that from a german site) . Maybe a bios update will change that but not sure. What did you end up finding out for future reference?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/anyway-to-overclock-this-board.98168/
Relevancy 27.52%

Going crazy...please help.

I built my new computer tonight, however it won't start. There is power to the motherboard, because I can hear and see the fans when I turn it on, however the CPU fan doesn't move. It initially spins a rotation or two and that is it. It (fan on CPU) does the same thing when I power it off, just a initial spin but doesn't move. Any ideas...I would be so grateful. Here are my system specs (all bought from Newegg)

Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 Conroe 2.66GHz LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor
GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3L LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Intel Motherboard
Rosewill RP550-2 ATX12V v2.01 550W Power Supply
4stick of - G.SKILL 1GB 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400)
APEVIA X-JUPITER-JR G-Type X-JPJGT-BK Black SECC Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

Thanks so much!

A:Built new computer, normal fans work, but CPU fan doesn't spin, board wont power

Sounds like a power supply problem, or a error in connecting a cable. Thus the shot spin of the cpu fan. But usually you just missed something too obvious to think about.
Reseat all cables. Reseat all memory modules. Then try it with one or two memory modules at a time. Then switch to the others.
Check your CPU for proper seating, and possible bent pin.
When no longer frustrated, think through everything you have done in the setup, even the heat sink and thermal paste.
We have all gone through this. We know has exasperated you must feel.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/built-new-computer-normal-fans-work-but-cpu-fan-doesnt-spin-board-wont-power.98186/
Relevancy 63.21%

I have an Emachine T-3092 and need to replace mother board and CPU potentially due to a failure. Have not replace one before. Need to know suggested motherboard as I could not find it on E-Machine website. Thanks.

A:Emachine T3092 Mother Board Replacement

You will most likely end up replacing everything except the case. Any ATX or mini-ATX board should fit. How many PCI slots do you have now? 3? The power supply should be changed while your at it... Just deside what processor and memory you want to use, and select a motherboard that will run it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/emachine-t3092-mother-board-replacement.97673/
Relevancy 28.38%

i recently installed an SPDIF module and connected it to the correct header (module made specifically for this board. my device manage and applications don't see it. ASUS tech support suggested:
"Once the connection is in place, you will need to uninstall and then
reinstall the onboard AUDIO drivers. The drivers for your SPDIF will then
be loaded and the port activated. Thanks."

in add/remove I have entries for;
Nvidia display driver
Nvidia Nforce drivers
Nvidia Nforce utilities
Nvidia WDM drivers
Nvidia windows 200/xp Nforce drivers

I understood the Nforce drivers were unified and not too excited about uninstalling all the display and audio drivers, as I have seen some reports about difficulty reinstalliing after SP2 which I have installed.

any suggestions appreciated. the module is used for digital input from my son's home recording efforts.dave

A:Spdif module added to asus A7N8X deluxe board

You should be able to uninstall just the audio drivers via the device manager. Click start, settings, control panel. Double click system. Select the hardware tab and then click on device manager. Scroll down to the audio device, right click andd uninstall. Save out and reboot. windows should refind your audio device and reinstall the drivers.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/spdif-module-added-to-asus-a7n8x-deluxe-board.19363/
Relevancy 62.35%

hello ppl i need some help here, recently i upgraded from a AMD 3800+ cpu and biostar Geforce 6100 motherboard and 7300gt DDR2 256mb TO a Intel E6850 core 2 Duo 3.ghz cpu and the motherboard to a ASUS P5N-E SLI and the gfx card to a 8600gt DDR3 256MB, i had to reinstall windows which i did, i reinstalled the motherborads drivers and reinstalled my gfx card drivers but now every program, game, application, internet, crashes to the desktop with a error msg sayin this program had to be ended sorry for the inconveince and so on pls i really need help with this i dont really know much about computers. here are my full new specs.

intel E6850 core 2 Duo 3.ghz cpu
1500mb DDR2 ram
450 watt power supply
P5N-E SLI ASUS motherboard.
8600GT GFX Card 256mb DDR3
windows xp pro sp2

any help will be greatly appreciated.

A:All games and programs crash after new mother board and cpu installed.

did you update the bios and appropriate drivers?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/all-games-and-programs-crash-after-new-mother-board-and-cpu-installed.97020/