Windows Support Forum

Video Memory Corruption?!

Q: Video Memory Corruption?!

First of all I d Memory Video Corruption?! just like to say that this is my first post on this forum and that it s nice to see a forum dedicated to help people out I ve searched all over the internet for a solution Video Memory Corruption?! to my problem and I really hope I find it here So let s get on with the show Somewhere around christmas time I decided I should Video Memory Corruption?! get myself a computer since I ve been deprived of one of my own a few years ago best regards to my brother for shortcircuiting my old motherboard Anyway I bought a Pentium Ghz from a friend of mine who assured me it was broken so he sold me the processor motherboard ram and box for roughly After a while I pinpointed the error to the motherboard so Video Memory Corruption?! I boought a new one System specs follow Motherboard Asus P S -MX Processor Pentium Mhz RAM DDR Mhz I m not sure about the memory speed though Gfx card Nvidia GeForce MX Mb vRAM OS Windows XP Pro SP Build HD Gb Gb IDE Sound Card is onboard along with network card I have the latest drivers for all devices including gfx card bios etc and also all windows updates latest virus and firewall defenitions for norton internet security Pro and norton antivirus pro I also have adaware and run weekly virus scans discscans etc The system should be sqweeky clean But it aint First but minor problem is a overheated Pentium processor that tends to be around C F Maybe I could just get a new cooler to fix that but I heard it tends to decreasse system performance in order to protect the CPU The second and major problem is what windows loged as a System Error It usualy happens while playing computer I don t play much but my brother is addicted to CS It also happens to me in what seems to be a random order but it s more usual when I m playing any multimedia content such as videos The screen goes black with a thick red line on the top after that the system reboots The error log follows Tipo de evento Erro Origem do evento System Error Categoria do evento ID do evento Data - - Hora Utilizador N D Computador JO- V ADEEDPW Descri o C digo de erro d par metro e b a par metro par metro par metro f f Para mais informa es consulte o Centro de ajuda e suporte em http go microsoft com fwlink events asp Dados d System E f rror Er f f ror code d d Param eters e c b a c c f f The error report returned to me three diferente results Driver Problem of unknown origin Memory Problem Problem with a file in norton auto-update Since I have the latest nvidia drivers and since I installed the norton update but the problem remained I started doing some error checking I used windows memory check utility but after passes of exaustive tests it found no errors So I ran Burnin test and I got a lot of quot Video Memory Corruption quot errors So I switched the GeForce card with a TnT card but the error remained So I thought it would probably be a driver problem since both card use forceware drivers I switched to the onboard card and the problem was gone NOTE This was when I updated to the latest forceware drivers before that I was running some drivers that were released in March Even with these drivers the problem remains so I m a bit lost Perhaps the problem is on the AGP slot of my brand new mother board maybe both my second hand gfx card have the exact same problem or maybe it s just a software problem I also found another possibility which I somehow ruled out My power input is V and my peak powerconsumtion would be Watts since I dont have physics since th grade I don t remember the diference between Volts and Watts but I don t this would be a power distribution problem since I don t have lots of USB devices only mice a ADSL modem and a webcam Soooooooo Can anybody help me with this I gave all the information I think it s can be usefull but if something sliped my mind please say so Also forgive me for any misspelled word but It s one AM and my english tends to fail a bit after midnight Thanks for all help in advance nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Video Memory Corruption?!

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 72.67%

I recently ran a stress test for my computer or a reliability test.

It turns out i only have problems with 2d graphics and i got 90 errors. With 3d graphics i got no errors.

It says Video memory corruption and to be honest I don't know what that means.

Any help guys?

Joe.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-memory-corruption.573463/
Relevancy 72.67%

I recently ran a stress test for my computer or a reliability test.

It turns out i only have problems with 2d graphics and i got 90 errors. With 3d graphics i got no errors.

It says Video memory corruption and to be honest I don't know what that means.

Any help guys?

Joe.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-memory-corruption.573467/
Relevancy 54.18%

I ve had two crashes today this morning and tonight Both had identical crash dumps Here is what I got from the debugger Code WRITE ADDRESS f CURRENT IRQL FAULTING IP nt MiInsertPageInFreeList f fffff b a mov r x rdi CUSTOMER CRASH COUNT DEFAULT BUCKET ID DRIVER FAULT BUGCHECK STR xA LAST CONTROL TRANSFER from fffff b to fffff STACK TEXT fffffadf e e fffff b a Memory Corruption? f nt KeBugCheckEx fffffadf e e fffff ffffffff ad fffffadf e db d nt KiBugCheckDispatch Memory Corruption? x fffffadf e e fffff b a fffffadf e e a fffffadf e e a fffffadf e e fffffadf e ccfd nt KiPageFault x fffffadf e e a fffff dc eb a fffff f nt MiInsertPageInFreeList x f fffffadf e e fffff dd a a fffff fb fffffadf fadf e df a nt MiDeletePte x fb fffffadf e e c fffff cf fffffadf f fff fffffadf e eabf nt MiDeleteVirtualAddresses x ef fffffadf e e b fffff d ffffffff ffffffff fffffadf e e cf ef d nt NtFreeVirtualMemory xac fffffadf e e c ef a nt KiSystemServiceCopyEnd x ae c x ef a STACK COMMAND bugcheck kb FOLLOWUP IP nt MiInsertPageInFreeList f fffff b a mov r x rdi FAULTING SOURCE CODE SYMBOL STACK INDEX FOLLOWUP NAME MachineOwner SYMBOL NAME nt MiInsertPageInFreeList f MODULE NAME nt DEBUG FLR IMAGE TIMESTAMP cf IMAGE NAME memory corruption FAILURE BUCKET ID X xA W nt MiInsertPageInFreeList f BUCKET ID X xA W nt MiInsertPageInFreeList f Followup MachineOwner --------- I ran a test of the ram with DocMemory and it went through loops without a problem The question is whether this is a hardware of software problem nbsp

A:Memory Corruption?

While I do not expect a finite answer to my question, surely someone can shed at least a ray of light on this.

After posting this thread, I later received an error dialog that Cacheman had experienced a software error and it shutdown, without a BSOD. I cannot recall the terminology now, but it made me think that it might be linked to the BSODs that do regards memory functions. I left it shutdown to see, but I then started getting more frequent crashes. At this point, I have a hunch that Cacheman may be helping instead.

If no one has a solution, at least point me in a direction that I might find it myself.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-corruption.494797/
Relevancy 54.18%

Windows XP Service Pack I m using a beta version of Soundbooth and Adobe personnel asked me to temporarily disable C windows system nvoglnt dll and try Memory Corruption to open a video after renaming this file and starting their software holding the shift key down Well their software responded perfectly I then went back and changed the file back to the normal name After this I did a restart on the computer When it was shut down I got the blue screen and when it booted up I got the quot this computer has recovered from a serious system error quot message I read through the posts here and thanks to USASMA downloaded the Windbg program and came up with the following report and I don t understand any of it and don t know what to do Looking for some advise Thanks Microsoft reg Windows Debugger Version X Copyright copy Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved Loading Dump File C WINDOWS Minidump Mini - dmp Mini Kernel Dump File Only registers and stack trace are available Symbol search path is SRV Memory Corruption c symbols http msdl microsoft com download symbols Executable search path is Windows XP Kernel Version Service Pack MP procs Free x compatible Product WinNt suite TerminalServer SingleUserTS Built by xpsp sp gdr - Machine Name Kernel base x d PsLoadedModuleList x d Debug session time Wed Feb GMT- System Uptime days Loading Kernel Symbols Loading User Symbols Loading unloaded module list Bugcheck Analysis Use analyze -v to get detailed debugging information BugCheck E Probably caused by memory corruption Followup memory corruption --------- kd gt analyze -v Bugcheck Analysis PFN LIST CORRUPT e Typically caused by drivers passing bad memory descriptor lists ie calling MmUnlockPages twice with the same list etc If a kernel debugger is available get the stack trace Arguments Arg A PTE or PFN is corrupt Arg page frame number Arg current page state Arg Debugging Details ------------------ BUGCHECK STR x E PFN PAGE SINGLE BIT ERROR Bugcheck args and differ by a bit its hardware error MEMORY CORRUPTOR ONE BIT CUSTOMER CRASH COUNT DEFAULT BUCKET ID DRIVER FAULT PROCESS NAME rundll exe LAST CONTROL TRANSFER from ddc to f f STACK TEXT b b ddc e nt KeBugCheckEx x b b b a a c a ddf nt MiDecrementShareCount x a b b cc b bf a ddda ffff nt MiDeleteValidAddress x b b ec f a ddda a dded a ddda nt MiDeleteAddressesInWorkingSet x b b d ddda d nt MmCleanProcessAddressSpace x b b c d f b b c ff f nt PspExitThread x b b cc ff f d b b b b c nt PsExitSpecialApc x b b c b b nt KiDeliverApc x af b b c c e f b b nt KiServiceExit x WARNING Frame IP not in any known module Following frames may be wrong fb x c e f STACK COMMAND kb FOLLOWUP NAME memory corruption MODULE NAME memory corruption IMAGE NAME memory corruption DEBUG FLR IMAGE TIMESTAMP FAILURE BUCKET ID MEMORY CORRUPTION ONE BIT BUCKET ID MEMORY CORRUPTION ONE BIT Followup memory corruption --------- kd gt analyze -v Bugcheck Analysis PFN LIST CORRUPT e Typically caused by drivers passing bad memory descriptor lists ie calling MmUnlockPages twice with the same list etc If a kernel debugger is available get the stack trace Arguments Arg A PTE or PFN is corrupt Arg page frame number Arg current page state Arg Debugging Details ------------------ BUGCHECK STR x E PFN PAGE SINGLE BIT ERROR Bugcheck args and differ by a bit its hardware error MEMORY CORRUPTOR ONE BIT CUSTOMER CRASH COUNT DEFAULT BUCKET ID DRIVER FAULT PROCESS NAME rundll exe LAST CONTROL TRANSFER from ddc to f f STACK TEXT b b ddc e nt KeBugCheckEx x b b b a a c a ddf nt MiDecrementShareCount x a b b cc b bf a ddda ffff nt MiDeleteValidAddress x b b ec f a ddda a dded a ddda nt MiDeleteAddressesInWorkingSet x b b d ddda d nt MmCleanProcessAddressSpace x b b c d f b b c ff f nt PspExitThread x b b cc ff f d b b b b c nt PsExitSpecialApc x b b c b b nt KiDeliverApc x af b b c c e f b b nt KiServiceExit x WARNING Frame IP not in any known module Following frames may be wrong fb x c e f STACK COMMAND kb FOLLOWUP NAME memory corrupti... Read more

A:Memory Corruption

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/197882/alcmtrexe-alcwzrdexe/In order to avoid confusion, and make the best use of the limited amount of malware removal helpers and their own limited amount of time, this topic is closed. Please do not post in more than one forum, and if you have more topics open elsewhere, please ask that they be closed. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.Bleeping Computer Staff

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/200744/memory-corruption/
Relevancy 54.18%

evening guys been having a few random hard locks over the last week or so - mainly while gaming now not or Memory else? corruption something everyone bsods in fact a couple of them have just rebooted the system without a bsod i have attached the dump files i have related to these crashes and the bsod Memory corruption or something else? screen via bluescreenreview - apologies if this is wrong Code Microsoft R Memory corruption or something else? Windows Debugger Version AMD Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved Loading Dump File C Windows Minidump - - dmp Mini Kernel Dump File Only registers and stack trace are available Symbol search path is SRV C SymCache Symbol information Executable search path is Windows Kernel Version MP procs Free x Product WinNt suite TerminalServer SingleUserTS Built by amd fre win gdr - Machine Name Kernel base xfffff e f PsLoadedModuleList xfffff ce Debug session time Sun Jan UTC System Uptime days Loading Kernel Symbols Loading User Symbols Loading unloaded module list Bugcheck Analysis Use analyze -v to get detailed debugging information BugCheck E cdfb cddd Probably caused by memory corruption nt MiBadShareCount c Followup MachineOwner --------- kd gt analyze -v Bugcheck Analysis PFN LIST CORRUPT e Typically caused by drivers passing bad memory descriptor lists ie calling MmUnlockPages twice with the same list etc If a kernel debugger is available get the stack trace Arguments Arg A PTE or PFN is corrupt Arg cdfb page frame number Arg current page state Arg cddd Debugging Details ------------------ BUGCHECK STR x E CUSTOMER CRASH COUNT DEFAULT BUCKET ID VISTA DRIVER FAULT PROCESS NAME BlackOpsMP exe CURRENT IRQL LAST CONTROL TRANSFER from fffff f f c to fffff e f STACK TEXT fffff f fffff f f c e cdfb nt KeBugCheckEx fffff f fffff e fffff be ba cdfb b fffffa f fffffa deb nt MiBadShareCount x c fffff f fffff f fffff be fffff e fffffa b aa fffff e nt FNODOBFM string' x e d fffff f b fffff f fffff a af e fffff fca fffff a bd fffffa f b nt MiRemoveFromSystemSpace x d fffff f fffff ab e fffffa de fffff b fd nt MmUnmapViewInSystemSpace x fffff f fffff a b fffffa e fffff fca dxgmms VIDMM GLOBAL DestroyOneAllocation x fffff fa fffff b fffffa e a fffffa d d dxgmms VIDMM DMA POOL RemoveDmaBufferFromPool x fffff fa fffff d fffff a de fffa fffff a acefc dxgmms VIDMM DMA POOL scalar deleting destructor' x b fffff faa fffff d f fffff a acefc fffff a de fffa dxgmms VidMmDestoryDmaPool x fffff fad fffff d d fffff a de fffff a de fffff fca fffa dxgkrnl DXGCONTEXTDestroy x d fffff fb fffff d df dc fffffa deb fffff fbc a e c dxgkrnl DXGDEVICEDestroyContext xb fffff fb fffff eba ffffffff ffb b f f dxgkrnl DxgkDestroyContext x a fffff fbf fffff e e fffffa deb fffff fca fffa fffffa win k NtGdiDdDDIDestroyContext x fffff fc a nt KiSystemServiceCopyEnd x a e x a STACK COMMAND kb FOLLOWUP IP nt MiBadShareCount c fffff f f c cc int SYMBOL STACK INDEX SYMBOL NAME nt MiBadShareCount c FOLLOWUP NAME MachineOwner MODULE NAME nt DEBUG FLR IMAGE TIMESTAMP c c a IMAGE NAME memory corruption FAILURE BUCKET ID X x E nt MiBadShareCount c BUCKET ID X x E nt MiBadShareCount c Followup MachineOwner Code Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version AMD Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved Loading Dump File C Windows Minidump - - dmp Mini Kernel Dump File Only registers and stack trace are available Symbol search path is SRV C SymCache Symbol information Executable search path is Windows Kernel Version MP procs Free x Product WinNt suite TerminalServer SingleUserTS Built by amd fre win gdr - Machine Name Kernel base xfffff e PsLoadedModuleList xfffff a e Debug session time Sun Jan UTC System Uptime days Loading Kernel Symbols Loading User Symbols Loading unloaded module list Bugcheck Analysis Use analyze -v to get detailed debugging information BugCheck a a d c b b eebc f a fffff e c Probably caused by memory corruption Followup memory corruption --------- kd gt analyze -v Bugcheck Analysis CRITICAL STRUCTURE COR... Read more

A:Memory corruption or something else?

Hi and welcome to the forum. I see a number of files are missing in your upload. I looked at your three most recent dumps. Each has a different error code, two directly blame memory corruption, and the other indicated memory corruption. This points to a hardware/hardware related (drivers) issue.

Uninstall Trusteer Rapport. It is known to cause BSOD's on Win 7 systems. Here is some reading on this software. Online Banking Security | Trusteer,

MPECS Inc. Blog: Windows 7 BSODs ? RapportPG64.sys is the Culprit

I recommend that you uninstall TuneUp Utilities. Windows 7 is a totally different operating system than XP. Win 7 is not an evolution from XP. It is a totally new OS and even changed from Vista. Thus the wisdom we learned about XP - tweaking, cleaning, modifying for speed, etc - do not apply at all to Win 7. Forget that knowledge.

Windows is a closed source system. Developers of tuneup utilities and registry cleaners do not have the core code of Win 7 and are not working on definitive information, but rather they are going on past knowledge and experience, most of which is not applicable to Win 7. Automatic cleaners will usually have to do some guesswork.

There is almost no tweaking that can be done to Win 7 to speed it up. The system is designed to diagnose itself and take care of itself which it does remarkably well. Win 7 maintains itself and that includes the registry.

Tuneup utilities are pure snake oil. At best they do nothing except use resources. At worst, they can mess your system up, slowing it down, and even crash it. There is no tuneup utility out there anywhere that can speed Win 7 up and improve its performance, at least not at this time.

This isn't to say that the system does not need to be maintained. Uninstall programs that you don't use, delete unneeded and unnecessary files. Defrag your hard drive. But don't screw with the registry unless you are an in depth expert in the Win 7 registry.

We have seen the adverse effects of tuneup utilities and registry cleaners and registry defraggers in the Crashes and Debugging Section. Most of the time, the cure is a clean install. Using a program such as Ccleaner is fine to get rid of old and unnecessary files. A tuneup utility is not only unneeded, it can actually harm your system. Don't use them.

If you are overclocking anything, return to default values.

Another cause of memory corruption are out of date drivers. These can and do cause conflicts, memory corruption and BSOD's. I find these outdated drivers loaded on your system. The ones in red font are really obsolete. Some are XP drivers. Update the following drivers through the links provided or uninstall the software they are associated with.

Quote:
ADIHdAud.sys Thu May 21 04:21:06 2009 - SoundMAX Digital HD Audio Driver. OEM - none at Analog Devices | Mixed-signal and Digital Signal Processing ICs. Try to update this driver through computer manufacturer's or motherboard manufacturer's website.

Alpham164.sys Mon Jul 23 03:57:03 2007 - Ideazon ZBoard/Ideazon ZBoard Fang MM USB HID. http://www.steelseries.com/download.

Alpham264.sys Tue Mar 20 05:51:03 2007 - Ideazon ZBoard/Ideazon ZBoard Fang MM USB HID. http://www.steelseries.com/download.

AsIO.sys Mon Apr 06 03:21:08 2009 - Asus PCProbe Utility. ASUSTeK Computer Inc.-Support-.

KMWDFILTER.sys Wed Apr 29 02:20:48 2009 - UASSOFT.com HID (mouse) Driver Suspect that this is a Kensington Mouse Works driver - but there's nothing listed here AFAIK: ??????????. Update the driver or upgrade your mouse.

se64a.sys Thu May 03 01:50:31 2007 - EnTech softEngine. EnTech Taiwan. This utility is obsolete. Uninstall it.

yk62x64.sys Mon Feb 23 10:02:27 2009 - NDIS6.2 Miniport Drive, Marvell: Support.

Follow these suggestions and see how your systems does.

Code:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7600 MP (4 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS
Built by: 7600.16617.amd64fre.win7_gdr.100618-1621
... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/135279-memory-corruption-something-else.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I just found out I got some memory corruption I been trying to get windows update to work and I was told by Flavius and woundering how I could fix this I been getting some bluescreens Windows Update wont update and minor stuff wont save like to have the desktop on the toolbar Code Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version AMD Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved Loading Dump File G Memory Corruption Folder MEMORY DMP Kernel Summary Dump File Only kernel address Memory Corruption space is available Symbol search path is SRV G SymCache http msdl microsoft com download symbols Executable search path is Windows Kernel Version MP procs Free x Product WinNt suite TerminalServer SingleUserTS Personal Built by amd fre win gdr - Machine Memory Corruption Name Kernel base xfffff PsLoadedModuleList xfffff e Debug session time Wed Sep GMT System Uptime days Loading Kernel Symbols Loading User Symbols PEB is paged out Peb Ldr fffdf Type quot hh dbgerr quot for details Loading unloaded module list Bugcheck Memory Corruption Analysis Use analyze -v to get detailed debugging information BugCheck E b b PEB is paged out Peb Ldr fffdf Type quot hh dbgerr quot for details PEB is paged out Peb Ldr fffdf Type quot hh dbgerr quot for details Probably caused by memory corruption nt MiBadShareCount c Followup MachineOwner --------- kd gt analyze -v Bugcheck Analysis PFN LIST CORRUPT e Typically caused by drivers passing bad memory descriptor lists ie calling MmUnlockPages twice with the same list etc If a kernel debugger is available get the stack trace Arguments Arg A PTE or PFN is corrupt Arg b page frame number Arg current page state Arg b Debugging Details ------------------ PEB is paged out Peb Ldr fffdf Type quot hh dbgerr quot for details PEB is paged out Peb Ldr fffdf Type quot hh dbgerr quot for details BUGCHECK STR x E DEFAULT BUCKET ID VISTA DRIVER FAULT PROCESS NAME SC exe CURRENT IRQL LAST CONTROL TRANSFER from fffff bc to fffff c STACK TEXT fffff bec f fffff bc e b nt KeBugCheckEx fffff bec f fffff fffff ecc nt MiBadShareCount x c fffff bec f fffff b fffffa a e fffff c f fffffff fffff a b ecbf nt FNODOBFM string' x c fffff bec fffff a fffffa a e fffffa fffff c fffff b nt MiDeleteAddressesInWorkingSet x fffff bec b fffff abc f fffff a c fffff bec c fffffa b f nt MmCleanProcessAddressSpace x fffff bec fffff d fd d fffffa c f nt PspExitThread x f fffff bec c fffff a e fffff c fbce fffff fffff nt PsExitSpecialApc x d fffff bec f fffff a f fe fffff bec a fffff dc nt KiDeliverApc x eb fffff bec a fffff c f fffff bec ca fffff d fa a nt KiInitiateUserApc x fffff bec bb dd nt KiSystemServiceExit x c e f f x dd STACK COMMAND kb FOLLOWUP IP nt MiBadShareCount c fffff bc cc int SYMBOL STACK INDEX SYMBOL NAME nt MiBadShareCount c FOLLOWUP NAME MachineOwner MODULE NAME nt DEBUG FLR IMAGE TIMESTAMP b cfeb IMAGE NAME memory corruption FAILURE BUCKET ID X x E nt MiBadShareCount c BUCKET ID X x E nt MiBadShareCount c Followup MachineOwner --------- kd gt analyze -v Bugcheck Analysis PFN LIST CORRUPT e Typically caused by drivers passing bad memory descriptor lists ie calling MmUnlockPages twice with the same list etc If a kernel debugger is available get the stack trace Arguments Arg A PTE or PFN is corrupt Arg b page frame number Arg current page state Arg b Debugging Details ------------------ PEB is paged out Peb Ldr fffdf Type quot hh dbgerr quot for details PEB is paged out Peb Ldr fffdf Type quot hh dbgerr quot for details BUGCHECK STR x E DEFAULT BUCKET ID VISTA DRIVER FAULT PROCESS NAME SC exe CURRENT IRQL LAST CONTROL TRANSFER from fffff bc to fffff c STACK TEXT fffff bec f fffff bc e b nt KeBugCheckEx fffff bec f fffff fffff ecc nt MiBadShareCount x c fffff bec f fffff b fffffa a e fffff c f fffffff fffff a b ecbf nt FNODOBFM string' x c fffff bec fffff a fffffa a e fffffa fffff c fffff b nt MiDeleteAddressesInWorkingSet x fffff bec b fffff abc f fffff a c fffff bec c fffffa b f nt MmCleanProcessAddressSpace x fffff bec fffff d fd d ... Read more

A:Memory Corruption

No,
It sounds like an infection. Try doing a complete system scan using Malwarebytes and Spybot S&D.

These should yeild some nasties hiding on your HDD.

Let us know what it finds,
Ben

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/108723-memory-corruption.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Please Advice Microsoft reg Windows Debugger Version AMD Copyright copy Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved Loading Dump File C Users JinXiang Desktop - - Memory Corruption?! dmp Mini Kernel Dump File Only registers and stack trace are available Symbol Path validation summary Response Time ms Location Deferred SRV C SymCache http msdl microsoft com download symbols Symbol search path is SRV C SymCache http msdl microsoft com download symbols Executable search path is Windows Memory Corruption?! Kernel Version MP procs Free x Product WinNt suite TerminalServer SingleUserTS Personal Built by amd fre win gdr - Machine Name Kernel base xfffff dd f PsLoadedModuleList xfffff dd dbaa Debug session time Mon Aug UTC System Uptime days Loading Memory Corruption?! Kernel Symbols Press ctrl-c cdb kd ntsd or ctrl-break windbg to abort symbol loads that take too long Run sym noisy before reload to track down problems loading symbols Loading User Symbols Loading unloaded module list Bugcheck Analysis Use analyze -v to get detailed debugging information BugCheck B c fffff e fffff d f Probably caused by memory corruption Followup memory corruption --------- kd gt analyze -v Bugcheck Analysis SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION b An exception happened while executing a system service routine Arguments Arg c Exception code that caused the bugcheck Arg fffff e Address of the instruction which caused Memory Corruption?! the bugcheck Arg fffff d f Address of the context record for the exception that caused the bugcheck Arg zero Debugging Details ------------------ DUMP FILE ATTRIBUTES x Kernel Generated Triage Dump EXCEPTION CODE NTSTATUS xc - The instruction at x lx referenced memory at x lx The memory could not be s FAULTING IP netbt NbtReadRegistry fffff e add byte ptr rax al CONTEXT fffff d f -- cxr xfffff d f r rax rbx rcx fbb b rdx fffff d a b rsi ffffffff c rdi fffff d a rip fffff e rsp fffff d a rbp fffff d a r fffff a ab r r fffff dd d r fffffa r fffffa d e r fffff d a r r fffffa ff e iopl nv up ei ng nz ac pe cy cs ss ds b es b fs gs b efl netbt NbtReadRegistry x fffff e add byte ptr rax al ds b Last set context rax rbx rcx fbb b rdx fffff d a b rsi ffffffff c rdi fffff d a rip fffff e rsp fffff d a rbp fffff d a r fffff a ab r r fffff dd d r fffffa r fffffa d e r fffff d a r r fffffa ff e iopl nv up ei ng nz ac pe cy cs ss ds b es b fs gs b efl netbt NbtReadRegistry x fffff e add byte ptr rax al ds b Resetting default scope CUSTOMER CRASH COUNT DEFAULT BUCKET ID CODE CORRUPTION BUGCHECK STR x B PROCESS NAME svchost exe CURRENT IRQL ANALYSIS VERSION debuggers dbg - amd fre LAST CONTROL TRANSFER from fffff e aa to fffff e STACK TEXT fffff d a fffff e aa c c netbt NbtReadRegistry x fffff d a f fffff e c fffff a d de fffff d a f fffffa ff c b fffffa aa netbt LookupDeviceInRegistry x a fffff d a fffff e e fffffa c fffffa ff c b fffffa c fffffa c netbt DispatchIoctls x fffff d a fffff dd fffffa f b fffffa ff c b fffff d a b netbt NbtDispatchDevCtrl x e fffff d a fffff dd f fb nt IopXxxControlFile x e fffff d a a fffff dd bb f eaa fffff d a aa nt NtDeviceIoControlFile x fffff d a a fb f b a nt KiSystemServiceCopyEnd x f f f x fb f b a CHKIMG EXTENSION chkimg -lo -d netbt fffff e -fffff e bytes - netbt NbtReadRegistry f e da d da fffff e -fffff e f bytes - netbt NbtReadRegistry x f c fffff e -fffff e bytes - netbt NbtReadRegistry x a f d e fffff e -fffff e f bytes - netbt NbtReadRegistry x b c c f d fffff e -fffff e b bytes - netbt NbtReadRegistry x b b f f f fffff e e-fffff e a bytes - netbt NbtReadRegistry e x c b d b fffff e a - netbt NbtReadRegistry x fffff e a -fffff e bb bytes - netbt NbtReadRegistry x b e ff fffff e be-fffff e d bytes - netbt NbtReadRegistry e x b b c errors netbt fffff e -fffff e d MODULE NAME memory corruption IMAGE NAME memory corruption FOLLOWUP NAME memory corruption DEBUG FLR IMAGE TIMESTAMP MEMORY CORRUPTOR LARGE STACK COMMAND cxr xfffff d f kb FAILURE BUCKET ID MEMORY CORRUPTION LARGE BUCKET ID MEMORY C... Read more

Relevancy 53.75%

Please Advice Microsoft reg Windows Debugger Version AMD Copyright copy Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved Loading Dump File C Users JinXiang Desktop - - dmp Mini Kernel Dump File Only registers and stack trace are available Symbol Path validation summary Response Time ms Location Deferred Corruption?! Memory [BSOD] SRV c symbols http msdl microsoft Memory Corruption?! [BSOD] com download symbols Symbol search path is SRV c symbols http msdl microsoft com download symbols Executable search path is Windows Kernel Version MP procs Free Memory Corruption?! [BSOD] x Product WinNt Memory Corruption?! [BSOD] suite TerminalServer SingleUserTS Personal Built by amd fre win gdr - Machine Name Kernel base xfffff b a c PsLoadedModuleList xfffff b d aa Debug session time Thu Nov UTC System Uptime days Loading Kernel Symbols Press ctrl-c cdb kd ntsd or ctrl-break windbg to abort symbol loads that take too long Run sym noisy before reload to track down problems loading symbols Loading User Symbols Loading unloaded module list Bugcheck Analysis Use analyze -v to get detailed debugging information BugCheck B c fffff a fb fffff f a be Probably caused by memory corruption Followup memory corruption --------- kd gt analyze -v Bugcheck Analysis SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION b An exception happened while executing a system service routine Arguments Arg c Exception code that caused the bugcheck Arg fffff a fb Address of the instruction which caused the bugcheck Arg fffff f a be Address of the context record for the exception that caused the bugcheck Arg zero Debugging Details ------------------ DUMP FILE ATTRIBUTES x Kernel Generated Triage Dump EXCEPTION CODE NTSTATUS xc - The instruction at x lx referenced memory at x lx The memory could not be s FAULTING IP Npfs NpCommonCleanup b fffff a fb ff inc dword ptr rax CONTEXT fffff f a be -- cxr xfffff f a be r rax rbx ffffffffffffffff rcx fffffa e rdx fffffa e rsi fffffa f e rdi fffff a b faaa rip fffff a fb rsp fffff f a e rbp fffff f a r fffffa dd r r r fffffa ce f r r r fffffa e r fffff a b faa iopl nv up ei pl zr na po cy cs ss ds b es b fs gs b efl Npfs NpCommonCleanup x b fffff a fb ff inc dword ptr rax ds b Last set context rax rbx ffffffffffffffff rcx fffffa e rdx fffffa e rsi fffffa f e rdi fffff a b faaa rip fffff a fb rsp fffff f a e rbp fffff f a r fffffa dd r r r fffffa ce f r r r fffffa e r fffff a b faa iopl nv up ei pl zr na po cy cs ss ds b es b fs gs b efl Npfs NpCommonCleanup x b fffff a fb ff inc dword ptr rax ds b Resetting default scope CUSTOMER CRASH COUNT DEFAULT BUCKET ID CODE CORRUPTION BUGCHECK STR x B PROCESS NAME nacl exe CURRENT IRQL ANALYSIS VERSION debuggers dbg - amd fre LAST CONTROL TRANSFER from fffff a to fffff a fb STACK TEXT fffff f a e fffff a fffffa dd fffff a ffc b Npfs NpCommonCleanup x b fffff f a fffff ee fffffa fcc Npfs NpFsdCleanup x fffff f a fffff b ebd a fffffa f e fltmgr FltpDispatch xee fffff f a f fffff b eb b fffffa ab fffff a bb f nt IopCloseFile x fffff f a fffff b eb b fffc fffffa ad fffffa a nt ObpDecrementHandleCount xc fffff f a fffff b eff ffff ac e e fffff b f nt ObCloseHandleTableEntry x b fffff f a f fffff b f d fffffa a fffffa a fffffa a fffff a bb f nt ExSweepHandleTable xb fffff f a fffff b eed fffff a ef d fffffa nt ObKillProcess x d fffff f a fffff b f d fffffa a f f ba fffffa f nt PspExitThread x fffff f a a fffff b ad fffffa a fffffa f fffff f a b ffffffff ffffffff nt NtTerminateProcess xfd fffff f a b fd cb d dda nt KiSystemServiceCopyEnd x fd x fd cb d dda CHKIMG EXTENSION chkimg -lo -d Npfs fffff a fc-fffff a ff bytes - Npfs NpCommonCleanup c cb ff errors Npfs fffff a fc-fffff a ff MODULE NAME memory corruption IMAGE NAME memory corruption FOLLOWUP NAME memory corruption DEBUG FLR IMAGE TIMESTAMP MEMORY CORRUPTOR LARGE STACK COMMAND cxr xfffff f a be kb FAILURE BUCKET ID MEMORY CORRUPTION LARGE BUCKET ID MEMORY CORRUPTION LARGE ANALYSIS SOURCE KM FAILURE ID HASH STRING km memory corruption large FAILURE ID H... Read more

A:Memory Corruption?! [BSOD]

Hi jinxiang & Welcome to the forums ^_^,

I would need the Dump files in order to analyse the situation your system is in and help cure it ^_^.
Please note that without the Dump files, I can't help you out.
Kindly ZIP Up the dump files and then upload them to a File Hoster like Mediafire. The Dump files are located in "C:\Windows\Minidumps". You might need to copy them to some other folder before zipping them due to permission issues.

Once they are uploaded, paste back a link to it here and I would be glad to analyse them ^_^

-Pranav

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/555956/memory-corruption-bsod/
Relevancy 53.75%

Two months ago I was playing my computer and it crashed When I went to reboot it wouldn't even make it to the Bios screen Eventually I removed a stick of memory and it still woudln't boot so I put one back and and put the other back in It booted but put me down to gb of memory so I went out and bout playing Corruption Memory WOW while a new kit of memory KHX C B RK X Memory Corruption while playing WOW and took the old one out At first I couldn't boot with two sticks of memory so I went and reset the cmos and was eventually able to boot Since then I have received BSOD numerous times and have drove myself crazy trying to figure it out I ran memtest and passed with no errors And as long as I don't play wow it hasn't crashed So I went and spent six hours today redownloading and reinstalling wow and it crashed as soon as I did I went and downloaded windowsbugger kit and tried my best to decipher myself with no luck

A:Memory Corruption while playing WOW

First, we want to make sure the computer is saving your dump files. Go to Control Panel -> System -> Advanced System Settings -> Startup and Recovery [Settings] Make sure that "Write Debugging Information" is set to Small Memory Dump (256kb) if it is not already. Create a Dump File when you get a BSOD
Next, make sure that the folder C:\Windows\Minidump exists. If not, create it (allow permission if asked). Make sure any dumps you want to analyze, whether yours or others', are in this folder. You can ZIP/RAR the files and send them to someone else to analyze as well.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/305567-memory-corruption-while-playing-wow.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I've already run Memtest86+ for 12 passes, about 24 hours, and the Windows memory diagnostic tool and neither found anything.

I just switched back to windows 7 as a fresh install. Wiped and formatted all hard drives minus a storage drive, and I've literally replaced all my hardware except my RAM. I've updated everything already, windows updates, drivers, etc.

I am getting the same crash as I was in Win 8 and 10 where the computer will freeze and audio will start to skip followed by a BSOD. I've attached the files below.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/380339-bsod-memory-corruption-win7_driver_fault.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Howdy!
My Laptop just recently went through the "blue screen of death phase", and now it wont even load windows for me to go to boot options for a safe mode..it gives me a black screen with a no read/write option along with specific codes and also says below that it is currently decreasing memory.
It doesn't load thereafter, and if I try to f8 or f12 upon rebooting it gives me a "1 time option" and then goes right to the no read/write black page.
I wish I would have caught this issue sooner, and just restored my computer to factory settings? I just bought this puppy about 4 months ago (it was used ofcourse, but everything was wiped clean..or so I thought)
Hoping I can get some help concerning all of this.
Upon reply I will type out the specific read/write error codes.
Cheers!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-laptop-memory-corruption.1127209/
Relevancy 53.32%

Why are so many people (myself included) suddenly seeing Memory Corruption Errors when installing Windows 7? Systems that appear to have been running previous versions of Windows fine for some time are suddenly crashing with this listed as a major culprit. What is different in Windows 7 that makes it so sensitive to memory errors?

Inquiring minds want to know...

-Jerry

A:Question about all of these memory corruption issues

Seems it usually pops up when installing Win 7 *AND* they have added memory.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/41797-question-about-all-these-memory-corruption-issues.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello!
I get BSOD upon startup. But not everytime I start the PC. It's like once a day, and often when I start the PC for the first time in the morning. I hope some of you guys can give me some help. The only thing I catched from the dump file was something about a memory corruption...

Thanks in advance

M

A:BSOD at startup (only?), (Memory Corruption)

Welcome

Problematic software:

Code:
Start Menu\Programs\Norton Internet Security Public:Start Menu\Programs\Norton Internet Security Public
Norton is known to cause BSODs, please uninstall it.Norton Removal Tool

Recommended antivirus program for Windows 7 based on stability compared to others:- Microsoft Security Essentials - Free Antivirus for Windows
Malwarebytes - The Free version
Good and Free system security combination.
Run a full scan with both (separately) once downloaded, installed and updated.

Your graphic card drivers need to be updated. The current ones installed on your laptop is from 2009 (very old)

Code:
Drivrutin c:\windows\system32\drivers\atikmdag.sys (8.1.1.921, 5,76 MB (6*037*504 byte), 2009-08-18 03:48)

Code:
2: kd> lmvm atikmdag
start end module name
fffff880`07402000 fffff880`07a19000 atikmdag T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: atikmdag.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\atikmdag.sys
Image name: atikmdag.sys
Timestamp: Tue Aug 18 09:05:47 2009 (4A8A1A8B)
CheckSum: 005CE06B
ImageSize: 00617000
Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4
Click on the Start ► Control Panel ► Programs ► Uninstall a program ► Uninstall everything related to ATI and reboot.

Delete remnants of the older drivers using Driver Sweeper

Get the latest version from the AMD website or from a reliable source like filehippo.com. If not that way then open Device Manager and update from there.

Run the System File Checker that scans the of all protected Windows 7 system files and replaces incorrect corrupted, changed/modified, or damaged versions with the correct versions if possible:SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker
Run Disk Check on your hard disk for file system errors and bad sectors on it:Disk Check
Keep us posted

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/260431-bsod-startup-only-memory-corruption.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Firefox Memory Corruption Vulnerability dated July 14, 2009.

Related: Firefox 3.5 Vulnerability Rated 'Highly Critical'

Exploit code for a vulnerability in Firefox was posted online on Monday. Mozilla says it is working on a fix.

-- Tom

A:Firefox Memory Corruption Vulnerability

Dear lotuseclat79,
Thank you! How far will Sandboxie and GeSWall help in surviving the threats posed by security holes in FF3.5 and IE8?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/firefox-memory-corruption-vulnerability.843410/
Relevancy 53.32%

Im constantly getting Memory Corruption BSOD within seconds or minutes of Corruption - Only BSOD first Memory on boot. logging in to the computer But the weird thing is after its crashed Memory Corruption BSOD - Only on first boot. once it wont do crash again until a few hours later when you restart System Specs are in the tab at the bottom Ive replaced the Memory Corruption BSOD - Only on first boot. graphics card with my old trusty ATI card and i still got these crashes Ive even replaced the ram i used to have GB of Corsair ram but changed to GB of G Skill mhz ram The cpu is overlocked from ghz to ghz all the overclocking was set up by a online company but after them failing to help me im willing to changed voltages etc ill post details of the voltages later in case that might be the cause Ive replaced my keyboard mouse installed only basic software because memory corruption can range from any type of device software driver googled it Ive also done a clean install of Windows and removed and reseated most of the components Ive also attached the mini dumps in case anyone can make more sense from them than i can Thanks

A:Memory Corruption BSOD - Only on first boot.

Quote: Originally Posted by fluffedup

Im constantly getting Memory Corruption BSOD within seconds or minutes of logging in to the computer. But the weird thing is after its crashed once it wont do crash again until a few hours later when you restart.

System Specs are in the tab at the bottom.

Ive replaced the graphics card with my old trusty 4870 ATI card and i still got these crashes. Ive even replaced the ram, i used to have 4GB of Corsair ram but changed to 8GB of G Skill 1600mhz ram.

The cpu is overlocked from 2.67ghz to 3.63ghz, all the overclocking was set up by a online company but after them failing to help me im willing to changed voltages etc, ill post details of the voltages later in case that might be the cause.

Ive replaced my keyboard/mouse/installed only basic software because memory corruption can range from any type of device/software/driver (googled it).
Ive also done a clean install of Windows 7 and removed and reseated most of the components.

Ive also attached the mini dumps in case anyone can make more sense from them than i can. Thanks.

Well these were casued by memory corruption. One ither thing I noticed was that your AVP.exe (kaspersky AV) was in the stack on several of the crashes. I would remove the AV and test the memory by downloading memtestx86 and run it for 5 passes.
Let us know if you need help
Ken

Code:
031910-23134-01.dmp 3/19/2010 6:35:32 PM BAD_POOL_HEADER 0x00000019 00000000`00000003 fffffa80`06692920 fffffa80`06692920 fffffa80`04692920 fltmgr.sys fltmgr.sys+1b52 x64 C:\Users\K\Desktop\Mini Dumps\031910-23134-01.dmp 4 15 7600
031910-21528-01.dmp 3/19/2010 6:38:16 PM IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL 0x0000000a fffff680`000117e8 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 fffff800`02eb81ca ntoskrnl.exe ntoskrnl.exe+71f00 x64 C:\Users\K\Desktop\Mini Dumps\031910-21528-01.dmp 4 15 7600
031910-22666-01.dmp 3/19/2010 6:27:14 PM MEMORY_MANAGEMENT 0x0000001a 00000000`00041790 fffffa80`04aecc50 00000000`0000ffff 00000000`00000000 ntoskrnl.exe ntoskrnl.exe+71f00 x64 C:\Users\K\Desktop\Mini Dumps\031910-22666-01.dmp 4 15 7600
032010-28704-01.dmp 3/20/2010 1:29:32 PM MEMORY_MANAGEMENT 0x0000001a 00000000`00041287 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 ntoskrnl.exe ntoskrnl.exe+71f00 x64 C:\Users\K\Desktop\Mini Dumps\032010-28704-01.dmp 4 15 7600
032010-29094-01.dmp 3/20/2010 1:25:18 PM MEMORY_MANAGEMENT 0x0000001a 00000000`00041790 fffffa80`04abdb50 00000000`0000ffff 00000000`00000000 ntoskrnl.exe ntoskrnl.exe+71f00 x64 C:\Users\K\Desktop\Mini Dumps\032010-29094-01.dmp 4 15 7600
032110-22994-01.dmp 3/21/2010 7:19:28 PM MEMORY_MANAGEMENT 0x0000001a 00000000`00041790 fffffa80`04abdb20 00000000`0000ffff 00000000`00000000 ntoskrnl.exe ntoskrnl.exe+71f00 x64 C:\Users\K\Desktop\Mini Dumps\032110-22994-01.dmp 4 15 7600
032110-27034-01.dmp 3/21/2010 12:18:56 PM MEMORY_MANAGEMENT 0x0000001a 00000000`00041201 fffff683`ff7f55e0 8a000002`085ed025 fffffa80`06a784f0 ntoskrnl.exe ntoskrnl.exe+71f00 x64 C:\Users\K\Desktop\Mini Dumps\032110-27034-01.dmp 4 15 7600
032110-34741-01.dmp 3/21/2010 11:53:40 AM MEMORY_MANAGEMENT 0x0000001a 00000000`00041790 fffffa80`04a8b750 00000000`0000ffff 00000000`00000000 ntoskrnl.exe ntoskrnl.exe+71f00 x64 C:\Users\K\Desktop\Mini Dumps\032110-34741-01.dmp 4 15 7600

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/72738-memory-corruption-bsod-only-first-boot.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I copied over a large file (550mb) earlier on today to give to a friend. It failed for problems I thought were on his memory stick.

I was just about to e-mail some very important work, a word doc, and found this in it's folder.
It is crucial that I somehow get this work back. In there there SHOULD be about 7 MS Office word documents in about 6 folders.
As you can see, nothing opens or is readable.

What do I do? I NEED this work!

Thanks for any help at all...
-Jack

A:Solved: Memory stick corruption

Well I had to format it and wipe it all indefinetely.

Thanks for your help... not.

Solved, I guess.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-memory-stick-corruption.518377/
Relevancy 52.46%

somehow my vista home premium box system properties dialogue box reported a gig of ram.. now it reports 767 MB of ram.

with 767, my pc has slowed down quite a bit since my video card hijacked my memory without my permission.

checked bios chipset, and video configurations.. there's nowhere to adjust shared video memory there. checked harware manager properties for all video devices.. not there either...

when this happened my windows vista rating dropped from a 4.0 to a 3.0 too.

stumped.

pc: acer t180

A:Vista video memory hog? shared video memory issue. only 767 MB RAM (1 gig istalled)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-video-memory-hog-shared-video-memory-issue-only-767-mb-ram-1-gig-istalled.568353/
Relevancy 52.46%

W SP bit GB RAM I had a power outage and I'm now getting the above message BSOD I have booted with a boot disc and ran chkdsk R it found a few errors I booted into Corruption Detected Pool Memory Special Safe Mode once and that worked but I decided to run Check Disk again now it won't boot anymore It won't boot into Safe Mode stopping Special Pool Detected Memory Corruption at C windows system drivers disk sys Check Disk starts at every bootup From the boot disc in Command Prompt I ran FSUTIL Dirty Query the results is Drive is not Dirty I ran Memtest and the Special Pool Detected Memory Corruption Windows Memory test RAM tests Fine I booted off W DVD and try Startup Repair It said this disc cannot repair volume From the boot disc I tried to run Driver Verifier it said it was not a Valid Windows application Not sure if this has anything to do with it but I have HDD's and when booting from the Windows DVD or Boot disc it lists the Windows Volume is Drive G with Drive C as the System Reserve When the computer boots into Windows the Windows Volume is C I cannot boot into the computer to run diagnostic mode I cannot scan for Malware I cannot update drivers as I can't boot in Not sure what else I can try before I re-install

A:Special Pool Detected Memory Corruption

Try disconnecting the drives that do not have the Windows install and see if it's Id'd as the C drive almost sounds like MBR corruption?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/special-pool-detected-memory-corruption-616207.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I have been having a bunch of crashes while playing games like Battlefield 3 and Wow. When I've played Skyrim and other games there have been zero crashes. Using WhoCrashed tell me about memory corruption, and doing Windows Memory check comes up with no problems detected. How should I go about figuring out what is the cause?

GA-990XA-UD3
AX6950 1bg
AMD Phenom II x 4 965
G.Skil 6b (3x2bg) RAM

I think all drivers are up to date, but obviously one is causing a problem.

Any suggestions would be appreciated, I am pretty new to debugging so try not to use too much jargon.

A:BSOD memory corruption while playing come games

Quote: Originally Posted by Blakerade

I have been having a bunch of crashes while playing games like Battlefield 3 and Wow. When I've played Skyrim and other games there have been zero crashes. Using WhoCrashed tell me about memory corruption, and doing Windows Memory check comes up with no problems detected. How should I go about figuring out what is the cause?

GA-990XA-UD3
AX6950 1bg
AMD Phenom II x 4 965
G.Skil 6b (3x2bg) RAM

I think all drivers are up to date, but obviously one is causing a problem.

Any suggestions would be appreciated, I am pretty new to debugging so try not to use too much jargon.

We do need the actual DMP file as it contains the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.

It is almost impossible to spot trends from a single DMP file so if you have more than one please upload them. If you only have one please wait until the computer crashes again then upload both.

You may be able to get the DMP files without crashing by booting into safe mode (F8) with networking.

To enable us to assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder.

The procedure:

Quote:
* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.
*If the files are too large please upload them to a file sharing service like "Rapidshare" and put a link to them in your reply.

To ensure minidumps are enabled:

Quote:
* Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
* Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
* Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
* Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
* Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
* OK your way out.
* Reboot if changes have been made.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/200584-bsod-memory-corruption-while-playing-come-games.html
Relevancy 52.46%

hello forum!

i got some bluescreens randomly around the day while playing bf1 / other games.

system setup:

board: asus m5A99FX PRO R2.0 990FX
cpu: amd fx 8350
gfx: EVGA 1070 SC
RAM: 8gb Kingston Hyper X Blu DDR3

I switched the ram to a known as fully working ram. but no fix.

now i think its a driver problem.

thanks for help! i appreciate the help here in the forum. very nice service!

regards

schnub

PS: if you need extra information please feel free to ask.

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/67381-bsod-bf1-other-games-memory-corruption-bad-driver.html
Relevancy 52.46%

OS - Win 10 x64 · What was original installed OS on system?Win 8. reinstalled clean with win 10.· Is the OS an OEM version (came pre-installed on system) or full retail version (YOU purchased it from retailer)?Full retail version· Age of system (hardware)3.5 year· Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS?Less than a year · CPUIntel i7-3770k CPU @3.50GHz(8CPU)· Video CardAMD Radeon HD 7800 Series· MotherBoard - (if NOT a laptop)· Power Supply - brand & wattage (skip if laptop) Will post information upon request· System ManufacturerGigabyte Technology     Extra note: I've been using an application called Driver Booster 3.3 which function as updating all of my drivers.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/610503/memory-management-critical-structure-corruption/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello,

I just made a new computer last week and I have been getting BSODs when I first start up my computer. After the BSOD, the computer restarts and acts as normal.

I believe it may have to do with me having my window files on an SSD while my users files on an HDD. I did this separation using audit mode that comes with windows so i am not sure what exactly the problem is.

Thanks in advance for the help.

A:BSOD upon initial startup, memory corruption

Welcome

Have you updated to the latest firmware for your SSD?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/259764-bsod-upon-initial-startup-memory-corruption.html
Relevancy 52.46%

For the past few days I've been experiencing random BSODs The computer can be idle and still do it I've already ran memtest to see pool BSOD memory Special corruption - if my memory were faulty I did test them one at a time to be make sure and neither have any problems Vista Ultimate AMD Athlon X GB Ram BFG GTX Three hard drives The BSOD error shows the following Special Pool memory corruption x c xba ef xba eb x c x I also looked into the event viewer and these showed up as an error Event filter with query quot SELECT FROM InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN WHERE TargetInstance ISA quot Win Processor quot AND TargetInstance LoadPercentage gt quot could not be reactivated in namespace quot root CIMV quot because of error x Events cannot be delivered through this filter until the problem is corrected Log Name System Source EventLog Date AM Event ID Task Category None Level BSOD - Special pool memory corruption Error Keywords Classic User N A Computer ToNiX Description The previous system shutdown at AM on was unexpected Event Xml lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt lt System gt lt Provider Name quot EventLog quot gt lt EventID Qualifiers quot quot gt lt EventID gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime BSOD - Special pool memory corruption quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer BSOD - Special pool memory corruption gt ToNiX lt Computer gt lt Security gt lt System gt lt EventData gt lt Data gt AM lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Binary gt D D FA D D FA C C lt Binary gt I haven't done anything software hardware related in the past two or three weeks so I have no clue as to whats causing this I've included the dump file for the latest BSOD If there is anymore information that I can supply please let me know I greatly appreciate any help

A:BSOD - Special pool memory corruption

This is (most likely) a malware issue or a corrupted driver IMO. This is also a Driver Verifier enabled minidump - please include information such as this in future posts. Please describe, in detail, what you've attempted to do to fix the issue - including links to any other online work.

Also, it's not usually sufficient to diagnose a Blue Screen issue from just one mini-dump - so please include all minidumps when posting here.

Please post over in the malware forums to ensure that your system is clean. The reason for this is the unidentified driver apx1gadg.SYS The forums are located here: http://www.techsupportforum.com/f50/

Once assured that you're clean, then try this:

Check to see if you have a program called Counter Spy installed. If so, uninstall it (making sure that you have other protection available if that's the only one you have on your system). The BSOD points to sbapifs.sys - a component of Counter Spy.

Finally, once you've accomplished all of this, ENSURE that you've turned Driver Verifier off. Leaving it on will make the system more unstable.

Here's the analysis:

Code:
Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.11.0001.404 AMD64
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Loading Dump File [C:\Users\FUBAR-RC1-Desktop\TempDUMP\DATA\01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

Symbol search path is: SRV*c:\symbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Executable search path is:
Windows Server 2008/Windows Vista Kernel Version 6002 (Service Pack 2) MP (2 procs) Free x86 compatible
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS
Built by: 6002.18005.x86fre.lh_sp2rtm.090410-1830
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0x82001000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0x8210e930
Debug session time: Thu Aug 13 05:41:48.028 2009 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 2:06:57.900
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck C1, {ba41ef78, ba41eb04, 83408c, 32}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\sbapifs.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for sbapifs.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for sbapifs.sys
Probably caused by : sbapifs.sys ( sbapifs+a17a )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

0: kd> !thread;!analyze -v;r;kv;lmtn;lmtsmn;.bugcheck;.logclose;q
GetPointerFromAddress: unable to read from 8212d6dc
THREAD 88d98250 Cid 0e38.15c8 Teb: 7ffdf000 Win32Thread: fc488e90 RUNNING on processor 0
IRP List:
Unable to read nt!_IRP @ b9f7ee00
Not impersonating
GetUlongFromAddress: unable to read from 82106b54
Owning Process 88d986c0 Image: SearchProtocolH
Attached Process N/A Image: N/A
ffdf0000: Unable to get shared data
Wait Start TickCount 488323
Context Switch Count 40
ReadMemory error: Cannot get nt!KeMaximumIncrement value.
UserTime 00:00:00.000
KernelTime 00:00:00.000
Win32 Start Address 0x00f3c799
Stack Init ad22c000 Current ad22bb48 Base ad22c000 Limit ad229000 Call 0
Priority 9 BasePriority 8 PriorityDecrement 0 IoPriority 2 PagePriority 5
ChildEBP RetAddr Args to Child
ad22b6dc 820c7f95 000000c1 ba41ef78 ba41eb04 nt!KeBugCheckEx+0x1e
ad22b7d4 820e5b98 ba41ef78 0000000... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-special-pool-memory-corruption-404267.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi everyone

I'm running a sony vaio notebook, vista home premium 32 bit, 3gb ram (2gb hynix, 1gb kingmax), intel core 2 duo t8100, ati mobility radeon x2300. I have been getting a persistent blue screen of death with the error message: "special pool detected memory corruption".

I have run the debug program and was hoping someone could kindly assist me with interpreting the minidump. The debug report says the problem is probably caused by "memory corruption". Please refer to the attached notepad file. Many thanks, from a relative computer newbie.

A:BSOD memory corruption, please help with interpreting minidump!

Hi -

The bugcheck on your attached dbug log -

0xc1 (0x90966fb0, 0x90966ffe, 0x33804e, 0x24), prob cause = memory corruption.

As you noted, 0xc1 = SPECIAL_POOL_DETECTED_MEMORY_CORRUPTION = driver wrote to an invalid section of the special pool. The last perm 0x24 indicates that the driver freed memory in an improper manner.

Sorry, but not much can be done w/ that dump log. Run the driver verifier as it will help find the rogue driver:
START | type cmd.exe | right-click on cmd.exe uptop under programs | Run as Administrator | type verifier & hit enter - the Verifier screen will appear | do the following:

Code:

1. Select 2nd option - Create custom settings (for code developers)
2. Select 2nd option - Select individual settings from a full list.
3. Check the boxes? Special Pool
? Pool Tracking
? Force IRQL checking4. Select last option - Select driver names from a list
5. Click on the Provider heading - sorts list by Provider
6. Check ALL boxes where Microsoft is not the Provider
7. Click on Finish
8. Re-boot

If the Driver Verifier (DV) finds a violation, it will result in a BSOD. To see the status of Verifier - type verifier - select the last option on the first screen - "Display information about the currently verified drivers..". To turn Driver Verifier off - verifier /reset then re-boot. If you get a verifier-enabled BSOD, get it ASAP - go to \windows\minidump - get it, zip it up and attach.

Before I run any dumps, I will need system info from you. Please follow THESE instructions.

Reagrds. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-memory-corruption-please-help-with-interpreting-minidump-339203.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Okay so I just bought this really nice laptop and I've had it for days now and you may be able to imagine my pained expression when I memory memory_management, BSOD corruption, kmode_exception_not_handled realized that I kept repeatedly getting blue screens Sometimes it happens when I am playing facebook games sometimes while watching youtube videos and once while launching a game I play called League of Legends BSOD memory_management, memory corruption, kmode_exception_not_handled I ran BSOD memory_management, memory corruption, kmode_exception_not_handled driver genius and it found driver updates and I installed all of them so I am pretty sure all my BSOD memory_management, memory corruption, kmode_exception_not_handled drivers are up to date I've tried reformatting and I didn't get a BSOD almost all day but then I finally got one again I don't know if it is one of the drivers I have installed or if it's my RAM or if it is my SSD or HDD I'm REALLY hoping this isn't a hardware problem because I don't have any blank discs at the moment to burn the memory tester for my RAM I have sticks of gigs of RAM If this does turn out to be a hardware problem I've already contacted the retailer of my laptop to begin the RMA process as a last resort Any help with this would be sooo greatly appreciated Before my reformat I had other mini dumps and one of them was for pfn list corruption as well

A:BSOD memory_management, memory corruption, kmode_exception_not_handled

Update the following drivers:
Logitech Gamepanel Virtual HID Device Driver
fffff880`150a4000 fffff880`150a6480 LGVirHid Tue Nov 24 02:36:48 2009 (4B0B38B0)

Atheros Bluetooth Bus
fffff880`051ed000 fffff880`051fa000 btath_bus Wed Jul 20 04:59:56 2011 (4E2644AC)

Name Logitech G930 Headset
fffff880`07457000 fffff880`074a8d00 ladfGSRamd64 Mon Apr 11 20:41:07 2011 (4DA34B43)

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/259766-bsod-memory_management-memory-corruption-kmode_exception_not_handled.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Bad memory ,system corruption ,missing file

I found out in one of my thread on malware problem running a scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool saying I may have bad memory.And because this is not malware related and I don't want to be taking any more time of the malware specialists there and so I will post here.

what scans can I run to see if my memory is okay? Could system corruption ,missing file or malware cause bad memory? Only problems I have been having is thumbnails taking a very long time to load in the administrator account but okay in the guest account

Farbar Recovery Scan Tool saying I may have bad memory thread saying it

http://forums.techguy.org/virus-oth...computer-after-malware-pop-6.html#post8982003
http://forums.techguy.org/virus-other-malware-removal/1133892-slow-computer-after-malware-pop-4.html
http://forums.techguy.org/virus-other-malware-removal/1133892-slow-computer-after-malware-pop.html

Relevancy 52.46%

Hey guys,

Got an error in adobe acrobat saying "The application is being terminated because of memory corruption."

I have tried a couple of suggestions from Adobe's site with no avail. Is there any other suggestions? I will provide the link to Adobe's suggestions.

Thanks in advanced guys!

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/331/331958.html

A:Adobe Acrobat 7.08 memory corruption error

Have you tried solution #2? Right click the Start button and choose Explore. Go up to Tools/Folder Options/View put a check in Show Hidded Files and Folders. Now Browse to C:\Documents and Settings\YourUserName\Application Data\Adobe\Acrobat\7.0\ and delete the file Organize70.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/adobe-acrobat-7-08-memory-corruption-error-437511.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi, trying to be quick before I BSOD again.

Recently had problems getting multiple BSODs, even though I haven't changed any hardware.

I got the aforementioned BSOD error and ran verifier to see the driver problem.

spqp.sys is the only one that came up that wasn't loaded it said "never loaded". I did a Windows Search for it and could not find it.

I don't know what to do know. Thanks in advance.

A:Special Pool detected memory corruption

Can you access the hard drive long enough to get a hold of the contents of the C:\Windows\Minidump folder? If so, zip it up and upload it to your next post.

What settings did you use when running Driver Verifier?

If the spqp.sys file was never loaded, then it's not likely to be a current problem. But a google for it doesn't reveal any results - which makes it suspicious IMO. Try posting over in the Malware forum for assistance: http://www.techsupportforum.com/f50/

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/special-pool-detected-memory-corruption-366029.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Im using PC Anywhere v.10 and after i install it, it corrupts the video. I will only allow 4bit video. I have used this program before on this computer and it worked fine. I had to re-format and now i am having this trouble. Anyone know how to fix this?

A:PC Anywhere Video Corruption

I know this is an old thread, but if you didn't solve it, have you tried reinstalling your video drivers after you install that program?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-anywhere-video-corruption.633353/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi folks New here searching for help and not sure where this should Video Corruption go So seemed most appropriate Brand new Lenovo T laptop Important spec is ATI Mobility vid card I have tried two external montiors and both VGA and DVI Video Corruption outputs and both fail the same way After about a half hour of use first the icons in my system tray start to disappear You can hover and Video Corruption they might come back This then moves to include the quick launch tray Next a few desktop icons disappear Then some menu items are blank Finally the screen goes grey with a little bit of all elements scattered around Reboot fine again This does not happen on the laptops LCD undocked Tried every video setting I can think of With MB Vid RAM this should not happen Played with paging file settings write combined changed acceleration - on and on I m at a los and very frustrated as you might imagine Pretty knowledgable and willing to try most Video Corruption proposed solutions Any ideas Thanks Bob PS This is my home machine so no acces to it during work hours Will reply every evening if not sooner nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-corruption.588594/
Relevancy 52.03%

The error occurs in the calloc with this comment next to it This command triggers the error on the second iteration of the outermost while loop The comment is self-explanatory notes Note that the size of struct menu is bytes This program is written in ANSI C NOT C Please help me here I spent a day on this bug Table of Contents -Pertinent Functions -menus the file that I am getting interface data from -console output the output from the console from the instance of corruption memory (very malloc the specific issue) entire program struct vertex int x int y struct menu char name Name of the menu this represents malloc memory corruption (very specific instance of the issue) File Edit etc char children Pointer to begining of an array of strings in which the children names are held New Open etc int child count Number of children are in the menu int menu width Width of the menu struct vertex origin char delete newline char malloc memory corruption (very specific instance of the issue) char str char read ptr str while read ptr n amp amp read ptr NULL read ptr sizeof char if read ptr n read ptr Change the newline char to a NULL string terminator return str void draw interface Bool for click processing static struct vertex origin static Bool menu open int this click on menu Number of menus clicked on if more than one is invalid click float xRot f yRot f float circle size f float current pos f int i int j int k int chars written int menu dropdown offset static int menu number Number of the menu clicked on int desired menu raster pos is x is y y is currently unused int width render context nWinWidth int height render context nWinHeight float aspect float render context nWinWidth float render context nWinHeight char string holder char szString MENU ITEMS quot File quot quot Edit quot quot View quot quot Selection quot quot Tools quot quot Windows quot quot Settings quot quot Documentation quot quot About quot char default children DEFAULT CHILDREN quot Padding quot quot Child quot quot Child quot quot Child quot char temp Used as needed to hold values to be parsed etc struct menu menus MENU ITEMS GLfloat raster position char name char child FILE menu desc menu desc fopen quot resource menu menus quot quot r quot if menu desc NULL printf quot error quot fflush stdout exit i while i lt MENU ITEMS printf quot fault here d quot sizeof struct menu fflush stdout menus struct menu malloc sizeof struct menu name NULL name char calloc sizeof char fscanf menu desc quot s quot name name delete newline char name Delete the newline character menus- gt name name while ungetc getc menu desc menu desc c Reads the character and puts it back to check if we are done with children child NULL while child NULL child char calloc sizeof char fgets child menu desc child delete newline char child Delete the newline character menus- gt children j- child printf quot d quot j printf quot n s n quot menus- gt children j- fflush stdout j j fgets temp menu desc printf quot fault is here on the second iteration quot fflush stdout temp char calloc sizeof char This command triggers the error on the second iteration of the outermost while loop menus- gt child count j - The child count is the children read from the file minus the padding fgets temp menu desc k atoi temp menus- gt menu width k i fclose menu desc printf quot s s s s n quot menus - gt name menus - gt children menus - gt children menus - gt children define GL PI printf quot f quot aspect switch to drawing d with distortion allowed glDisable GL DEPTH TEST glDisable GL LIGHTING make static window render context nWinWidth render context nWinHeight draw the D interface here GLfloat x y z angle Storeage for coordinates and angles Save matrix state and draw the interface glPushMatrix glTranslatef f float render context nWinHeight- f f Draw the stuff behind the menu bar text glPushMatrix Draw the boxes behind the menu items Do the drop shadow glPushMatrix glColor f f f f Shadows are black for i i lt MENU ITEMS i while j... Read more

Relevancy 52.03%

Hi there,

My laptop has been crashing randomly for no apparent trigger. But a noticeable cycle is ~ every 12 days.

Every time is the same error: "faulty hardware corrupted page"

So I try using memtest86 but with no luck (10 passes all gd)

Then I use windows debugging tool to read memorydump. It said is a 'hardware error'

But I am not sure am I using the tool correctly, also there are too many stuff I have no idea....

So if anyone can help analyse the memory dump is greatly appreciated

Please see attachment for memory dump, it is create using the tool provided in post "BSOD - Posting Instructions"

Thanks for reading this post! Thanks in advanced for any reply

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/65547-bsod-random-crash-possibly-memory-corruption.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Over the course of the last few months I have been Multiple Recent Corruption, BSOD's. NTKRNLMP.EXE Memory CI.DLL, getting random BSOD's and crash's I leave my PC on and most of the time it runs great once it finally gets booted A few times recently I'll leave it at the desktop overnight and come back the next day to find a BSOD At some points it takes me - times of powering on and off to finally get it to boot into windows otherwise it just BSOD's most of the time Each BSOD shows a different code as well I tried memtest i let it run for about hours It had either or complete pass's and errors Im not sure if its a hardware failure software clashing or driver issues Computer was customer built by myself about years ago Any help would be great appreciated as its really frustrating At times I have to sit for about minutes and hit the power button numerous times to get windows to finally boot It's also been running much slower than usual I have ESET NOD Recent Multiple BSOD's. CI.DLL, Memory Corruption, NTKRNLMP.EXE AV if that makes a difference No Wifi on this computer either Attached is the zip of my dump files and other information I hope Recent Multiple BSOD's. CI.DLL, Memory Corruption, NTKRNLMP.EXE I posted this correctly

A:Recent Multiple BSOD's. CI.DLL, Memory Corruption, NTKRNLMP.EXE

Eset can be a cause of BSOD's. Remove and replace with Microsoft Security Essentials to see if it provides more stability. Uninstallers (removal tools) for common antivirus software - ESET Knowledgebase

Microsoft Security Essentials and Malwarebytes, both recommended from a strict BSOD perspective.

Microsoft Security Essentials, Free antivirus for windows

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free

Information
DO NOT start the free trial of MalwareBytes. Deselect the option when prompted.

Hard Drive/Storage

Post a screen shot using Crystal Disk Info: CrystalDiskInfo Standard Edition

How to Upload and Post a Screenshot and File in Seven Forums

Make a hard drive test from the hard drive manufacturers website: Hard Drive Diagnostic Procedure

Daemon Tools/Alcohol %

Code:
Start Menu\Programs\DAEMON Tools Lite Public:Start Menu\Programs\DAEMON Tools Lite Public
Uninstall DAEMON Tools and/or Alcohol % software. It uses a driver called sptd.sys which is known to cause BSODs in Windows 7. Uninstall the software using Add/Remove Programs. Reboot the system. Once the program is uninstalled, run sptd.sys uninstaller to remove the driver from your system.

As an alternative, many people recommend the use of Total Mounter or Magic ISO

SFC scannow

Check windows for corruption:

SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File CheckerClick on the Start
Scroll to Accessories
Select Command Prompt > Right click and Run as Administrator
Type
Code:
SFC /scannow

Start up

Keep less stuff at the start-up. Only anti-virus, this helps avoid driver conflicts and improves time to log in to windows.

Troubleshoot Application Conflicts by Performing a Clean Startup
Startup Programs - Change

-Blow out all vents with canned air (DO NOT use a vacuum cleaner or an air compressor, they can damage the components).
-Ensure that the fan comes on and is blowing air out of the vent (may not happen at startup, but should happen after using it for a while).

Temperature

For monitoring heat of the system, use Speccy or HWMonitor:
Speccy System Information
HWMonitor

Check for a BIOS update.

Code:
BIOS Version/Date Award Software International, Inc. F10, 2/5/2010
Stress Test

Hardware - Stress Test With Prime95: Hardware - Stress Test With Prime95

CPU - Stress Test Using IntelBurnTest: CPU - Stress Test Using IntelBurnTest

Video Card - Stress Test with Furmark: Video Card - Stress Test with Furmark

Monitor temperature of the system during the tests: Speccy - System Information - Free Download

Hope this helps for now

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/288609-recent-multiple-bsods-ci-dll-memory-corruption-ntkrnlmp-exe.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi, a freind of mine if havinging some probs with his comp. Here's the info. Hopefully someone can help.

He has a 2.8 amd athlon 128 graphics card and 512ram (He doesn't know the ram type)

His prob:

"Well my computer occasionally resets itself for no reason. Every game I play performs an error so I have to shut down the game. Sometimes when I turn on my pc it tells me my system has failed the memory test and on 1 of my games it tells me i cant play because of memory corruption."

I have attached a screen shot of the error he gets when a game crashes.

Thanks

http://members17.clubphoto.com/_cgi...ow.pl?album_item_id=35653433', '520', '600');

A:Game crashes, memory corruption, pc reboots without warning...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/game-crashes-memory-corruption-pc-reboots-without-warning.161616/
Relevancy 52.03%

Today I installed my new SSD, and installed windows 8.1.  It worked for the first 3 hours, until I got the special pool detected memory corruption BSOD.  I looked at other forums, and  I did the Memtest, and it didn't work.  It started happening when I got my ssd, anyone have any ideas how to fix this?
EDIT: I fixed the problem

A:special pool detected memory corruption BSOD

Could you let us know what you did?
It'll help others who come looking for help with a similar problem.
Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/582683/special-pool-detected-memory-corruption-bsod/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hey there I'm having Memory Crash Bsod, Random Dump Corruption random BSoD's anywhere from a couple hours to a day or so Not exactly sure when they started happening since the computer used to reboot itself I changed that so I could see the stop error Here's a small history of some problems I'd been having prior to the BSoD's I had been using Nintendo's WiFi USB Connector by Buffalo and had many problems with it mostly with not connecting to the internet using the Nintendo Random Bsod, Memory Corruption Crash Dump Wii and DS but my computer also randomly froze completely no reset no blue screen nothing with no indication of why Usually it was just sitting on the desktop with nothing running but my Firewall and basic utilities see under Software This happened at random times usually at night and had happened while I was at the computer as well I talked to Nintendo and they told me not to use Spy-bot Ad-aware or AVG I took them off although I really didn't want to and I still had the problems So I am in the process of sending that back and have completely uninstalled all of the software included with the USB WiFi connector I had the exact same problem with a rd-party WiFi USB connector WiFiMAX before this BTW the Nintendo tech Representative I spoke to was kind of a prick you just don't whisper F k on a customer call and didn't seem to know what he was talking about sounded like he was reading off of a screen Here's the next piece of history I upgraded the RAM from MB to GB maximum allowed on the motherboard and also to the maximum speed allowed PC- when it was previously PC- I think I started having the blue screens at this time So I took the new RAM out replaced it with the old ram again I'm very careful about static discharge although I do not have a wrist strap But I still had blue screen problems at this time the computer was resetting So I replaced the RAM again with the new RAM since I didn't think it was a RAM problem Now since then and I'm not sure if I had the BlueScreens during the time I had the WiFi connector sorry I've been having nothing but problems with random blue screens The computer usually runs very well DOOM Ultramode with no Antialiasing is surprisingly smooth and I also ran MEMTEST just to be sure I wasn't having problems with the RAM passes no errors I had been using Avira Antivir as was a friend of mine He was having very strange computer problems so he uninstalled Antivir and his computer is fine I tried the same thing but it didn't help Avast seems ok though so I kept it on the computer Anything you can do to help will be more than appreciated since I've been tearing my hair out for several weeks on this It has gone days without BSoDing before but they always come back Below is my computer description HijackThis log Crash dump and CPUz Registers dump Software Windows XP Professional SP Avast Ad-Aware Personal no resident Spy-Bot Search and Destroy with Tea Timer Comodo FirewallSiSoftware SandraHijackThisDebugging Tools for WindowsCPUzComputer Custom Built CPU GHz Pentium Northwood Socket mPGAMB BioStar P VTB http www biostar-usa com mbdetails asp model p vtb Phoenix BIOS RAM GB GB sticks G Skill DDR PC- HDD GB Hard drivesSoundcard Creative Audigy EX With external box Video Card MB XFX NVidia GeForce GT AGP XPrinter Brother HL- Black Laser PrinterWebcam Logitech QuickCam MessengerSpeakers Crappy oldInternet Cable - Mbps BendBroadband comModem Motorola SB Surfboard Cable ModemDVD -RWDVD not connected One more thing The crash dump is usually very inconsistent but lately it's been mostly quot memory corruption quot and ntoskrnl exe Not sure what to make of it THANK YOU in advance p s sorry about the monstrous post HijackThis log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe... Read more

A:Random Bsod, Memory Corruption Crash Dump

I'm not sure why someone moved my post to the "Hijack this Logs and Analysis" area, since it's only for posting HijackThis logs. I'm having STOP errors, and my post concerns the Crash dump more than anything else. If someone could please move it back to a more appropriate area, I would appreciate it. Also it would be nice if I was notified that my post was moved, not sure how this works though (or who even moved it?)Here is a Crash Dump from today. The STOP error occurred while playing Diablo II (barely even 1 minute), and stated that LVMVDrv.sys was at fault. During the blue screen the music was going crazy and making strange grinding noises and repeating.__________________________________________________________________Microsoft ® Windows Debugger Version 6.7.0005.0Copyright © Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.Loading Dump File [C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP]Kernel Summary Dump File: Only kernel address space is availableSymbol search path is: SRV*c:\Program Files\Debugging Tools for Windows\Symbol Path*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbolsExecutable search path is: Windows XP Kernel Version 2600 (Service Pack 2) UP Free x86 compatibleProduct: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTSBuilt by: 2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.070227-2254Kernel base = 0x804d7000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0x8055a620Debug session time: Wed May 16 09:43:00.468 2007 (GMT-7)System Uptime: 0 days 4:19:24.072Loading Kernel Symbols...................................................................................................................................................Loading User SymbolsLoading unloaded module list.........................................******************************************************************************** ** Bugcheck Analysis ** ********************************************************************************Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.BugCheck D4, {b7d74ff0, 2, 1, 804f7ec3}Probably caused by : rdbss.sys ( rdbss!RxpWorkerThreadDispatcher+18a )Followup: MachineOwner---------kd> !analyze -v******************************************************************************** ** Bugcheck Analysis ** ********************************************************************************SYSTEM_SCAN_AT_RAISED_IRQL_CAUGHT_IMPROPER_DRIVER_UNLOAD (d4)A driver unloaded without cancelling lookaside lists, DPCs, worker threads, etc.The broken driver's name is displayed on the screen.When possible, the guilty driver's name (Unicode string) is printed onthe bugcheck screen and saved in KiBugCheckDriver.An attempt was made to access the driver at raised IRQL after it unloaded.If kernel debugger is available get stack backtrace.Arguments:Arg1: b7d74ff0, memory referencedArg2: 00000002, IRQLArg3: 00000001, value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operationArg4: 804f7ec3, address which referenced memoryDebugging Details:------------------WRITE_ADDRESS: b7d74ff0 CURRENT_IRQL: 2FAULTING_IP: nt!KeTerminateThread+6a804f7ec3 894204 mov dword ptr [edx+4],eaxDEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: DRIVER_FAULTBUGCHECK_STR: 0xD4PROCESS_NAME: SystemTRAP_FRAME: b4cf0c0c -- (.trap 0xffffffffb4cf0c0c)ErrCode = 00000002eax=b7df4fec ebx=00000000 ecx=b7df4fcc edx=b7d74fec esi=886583c0 edi=8a6c0660eip=804f7ec3 esp=b4cf0c80 ebp=b4cf0c98 iopl=0 nv up ei ng nz na pe nccs=0008 ss=0010 ds=0023 es=0023 fs=0030 gs=0000 efl=00010286nt!KeTerminateThread+0x6a:804f7ec3 894204 mov dword ptr [edx+4],eax ds:0023:b7d74ff0=????????Resetting default sco... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/92323/random-bsod-memory-corruption-crash-dump/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello all!

Built a system in January, solid as a rock ever since. Started ripping my dvd collection a week or two back, and started getting BSOD's after the third or fourth movie I ripped. Have posted my system stats elsewhere on the net and basically think that my ram is bad. Can this be confirmed? Also, assuming my BSOD's are ram related, is what I've attached to this post enough information to make a guess as to WHY my ram is going bad all of a sudden? The BSOD's only happen when ripping DVD using Handbrake.

Else where on the net, a forum reported to me that a memory leak can occurr between my Norton Security Suite and my Cisco VPN client. Can anyone confirm?

Edit: Running Win7 x64 on an AMD Phenom X4 965, 4 gb of Geil ddr3 (used to be 8), a Kingston SSD, HIS Radeon HD6850, and Jetway HZ03-GT-LF motherboard. Thanks.

Thanks so much,
G

Relevancy 52.03%

Dear Tech Support,

I think my computer has serious problems. I don't know what is wrong with it because it is very fast and works very good. But something it just crashes out of the blue and gives me BSOD. Mostly the BSOD is Memory Management or IRQL not less or equal.

I have followed your BSOD Posting Instructions. The OS on this computer is Windows 7 (32 bit), before I had Windows Vista as standard OS on it. The computer is approximately 4 years old, with "Intel (R) Core? 2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz 2.40 GHz" processor and 3 GB RAM Memory. I also have the output folder and perfmon file attachted to this thread.

Thanks in advance!
Okki

A:BSOD - Special pool detected memory corruption

I don't see any crashdumps. You aren't using any "cleaning" software are you? The problem with them is they'll clean up crashdumps, which we need to analyze (plus most of them can end up being harmful).

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-special-pool-detected-memory-corruption-558616.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Im getting this BSOD lately when im playing games browsing on the memory BSOD special pool corruption detected internet and generaly by using the pc This is the report i have found in the event viewer - lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt - lt System gt lt Provider Name quot BSOD special pool detected memory corruption Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power quot Guid quot C B A- - C BSOD special pool detected memory corruption -AC E- C D B quot gt lt EventID gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt Klavon-PC lt Computer gt lt Security UserID quot S- - - quot gt lt System gt - lt EventData gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckCode quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt xfffff ff f lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt xfffff ff lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt xab a lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot SleepInProgress quot gt false lt Data gt lt Data Name quot PowerButtonTimestamp quot gt lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt If anyone knows something pls help me Also im using windows bit

A:BSOD special pool detected memory corruption

Please upload your full reports:http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ta-452654.html

-----

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-special-pool-detected-memory-corruption-686212.html
Relevancy 52.03%

It seems I have the absolute worst luck with this laptop because here I am again with another virus or something This is my Dell C laptop Windows XP I have this ANG Antivirus program which -- Virus lack a or corruption or Malware memory?! virtual something and of my computer Malware or a Virus or something -- corruption and lack of virtual memory?! practically forced me to buy via consistant popups and lack of any other sort of virus protection etc and Spybot Search and Destroy which I thought was working pretty well Spybot started to send me these popups which like an idiot I didn t fully read There was an ALLOW button and a DENY button and I think for about three of them I hit Allow and basically Malware or a Virus or something -- corruption and lack of virtual memory?! allowed all kinds of Malware into my computer Now my programs exit out by themselves any type of Anti-Malware Spyware anything becomes corrupted the moment it s saved to my computer so I can t use it everything s freezing programs already on my computer such as Add or Remove Programs won t open are corrupted shut themselves off and it s a mess On top of that I keep getting a little pop up saying I m out of virtual memory I m wondering if that s actually relevant or if that s just my laptop being a jerk on top of anything else Help would be much appreciated My computer technician takes multiple days to get my laptop back to me whenever I bring it to him - - nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/malware-or-a-virus-or-something-corruption-and-lack-of-virtual-memory.835615/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi,

I've been having lots of BSOD's and not been able to track down the issue.

Tried driver verifier and mem test on each ram stick but no issues.

Files attached. If anyone has any ideas I would be very grateful.

Thanks.

A:BSOD's - mostly special pool detected memory corruption

opps forgot specs:

OS- win 7 64
CPU - Intel i7-920
RAM - 6gb G.skill ripjaws
BOARD - Gigabyte ex58 ud3r
PSU - Corsair tx650
GFX - Ati 5770 HD 1GB PCI VaporX
HD - raid 0: 2 x Barracuda 7200.12 500GB S300

Cheers.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsods-mostly-special-pool-detected-memory-corruption-492993.html
Relevancy 52.03%

A vulnerability has been identified in Microsoft Word, which could be exploited by attackers to take complete control of an affected system. This issue is due to a memory corruption error when handling a malformed document, which could be exploited by attackers to execute arbitrary commands by tricking a user into opening a specially crafted Word document.Products: Office 2000 and XPExploits: Discovered as a 0-day. The vulnerability is currently being actively exploited.A brand new Word vulnerability affecting the 2000 and XP versions has been discovered. Please continue to be careful with all Office documents you may find attached to email messages:Microsoft Word - Memory Corruption Vulnerability being exploited http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/...ory/933052.mspxhttp://secunia.com/advisories/24122/http://www.frsirt.com/english/advisories/2007/0607http://secunia.com/cve_reference/CVE-2007-0870/http://www.avertlabs.com/research/blog/?p=199

A:Microsoft Word - Memory Corruption Vulnerability & Exploit

I always see the wording "malformed document" in those notices from M$. What does it mean? Who malformed it? How? When? Me ?????

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/81523/microsoft-word-memory-corruption-vulnerability-exploit/
Relevancy 51.6%

Ok here is what s going on I have built a new computer a few months ago and Problem a Help Video Corruption with just bought the new Ghost Recon Game Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter and when I started to play it the video started messing up When I say this I mean Random lines shooting from everything colors where they do not belong all this basically made the game up Help with a Video Corruption Problem playable I tried to attach a screen shot from different computers with no luck so if you want a picture of what I m talking about email me and I can get you one I have checked the Specs on the game and the video card I have a Radeon X Series with mb onboard and compatable with the latest DirectX c which I have installed The specs for my computer are Win Xp SP - all uptodate AMD Athlon GHz gb mem ATI Radeon x Series mb mem - with the latest drivers gb Western Digital hd GigaByte Mobo So if anybody could help me get this video problem fixed that would be great And it would save me a lot of pain in pulling my hair out Thanks nbsp

A:Help with a Video Corruption Problem

I think u mean the colours started bleeding. There are two possible problems:
1. U r playing the game at a resolution higher than what the monitor can support.
2. Ur video card is overheating
That card will play GRAW with no problems, so these are the only things that could be causing problems. Also, ur PC has enough muscle to handle the game, so I doubt it could be a problem with it.
P.S. - Email me those pics on [email address removed]

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-a-video-corruption-problem.51639/
Relevancy 51.6%

I ve been seeking an explanation as to this odd occurrence Maybe someone here can figure out what the deal is I have an Sapphire Radeon HD GB PCI-E video card Occasionally I get video corruption with distortion artifacts and eventually pretty much everything ceases to run properly until I restart The odd thing is this ONLY happens when I play World of Warcraft What ll happen is out of nowhere the screen will vigorously flash artifacts until the game crashes with a divide by zero error But this causes everything Card Video Corruption? to mess up Firefox crashes with the error reporter I ll hear static sounds like electrical sounds and static Also the display is messed up in general for like Firefox buttons will appear missing or in the wrong place etc Usually World of Warcraft instantly crashes with an error but whenever I dualbox the first instance will crash but the second one will continue to run until I close it Here are some screenshots of the visual artifacts I get prior to the game Video Card Corruption? crashing http imageshack us photo my-images jpg http imageshack us photo my-images jpg http imageshack us Video Card Corruption? photo my-images jpg http imageshack us photo my-images jpg I know it s not an overheating issue because my GPU temps never go above F and idle and average Video Card Corruption? of F Nothing overheats even under heavy load my CPU never reaches F Idle at usually lt F Normally I d think maybe my GPU memory is partially corrupt however because this only occurs in one game and even more intensive games like Skyrim at max settings do not cause this problem nbsp

Relevancy 51.17%

About weeks ago I started seeing major screen corruption while playing video games and when booting into vista with the aero desktop XP actually loaded ok but again screen corruption in games My first suspect was the video card since screen video it's Serious think don't corruption, card tho... it is almost years old now Well I went ahead and replaced it with an evga gtx http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Now a couple weeks after installing that I m getting some of the same exact screen corruption in games but NOW I m even getting it in bios when the computer boots Can t even read the bios setup screen now In addition to that if I leave the system off for a while I can boot up with only minor screen corruption gets worse tho Serious screen corruption, don't think it's video card tho... Last time I tried booting up my keyboard wouldn t work couldn t Serious screen corruption, don't think it's video card tho... hit delete to get into bios Temperatures are shown below I had just checked them prior to all this happening because I was seeing minor screen flickering Everything except the MCP southbridge was very low temp mobo - evga nforce i http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E memory - gb ddr gskill http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E CPU - ghz core duo PSU - watt thermaltake http Serious screen corruption, don't think it's video card tho... www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E drive - patriot torq SSD http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E temps - CPU idles at GPU at gpu memory MCP southbridge runs at about C but it has always run that high ever since I got the board ambient case temp runs about - Anyways I m looking for some advice where to look next Do you think it could be the motherboard gone bad Maybe the southbridge Doesn t that handle the pci-express slots I seriously doubt it would be another video card gone bad At least I would hope so Thanks for any advice nbsp

A:Serious screen corruption, don't think it's video card tho...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/serious-screen-corruption-dont-think-its-video-card-tho.869850/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hey all I recently inherited a computer case from neighbor and decided to build a retro gaming machine Currently it s a PIII Tualatin Ghz on a D EEA boot in corruption even screen Video MB Voodoo s in SLI and a Aureal Vortex running on Win SE All is well enough when using the integrated video but when I tried to add in an old ATI all-in-wonder things got weird There are vertical lines of black dashes in the Video corruption even in boot screen boot and start up screens Video corruption even in boot screen At the desktop the problem was even worse with new artifacts popping in following the mouse After loading the Video corruption even in boot screen drivers the desktop is fine but the problem shows up again whenever there is an overlay in use or when running a D app DX tests under dxdiag show the cube quot smearing quot under DX and sparkle artifacts under DX and I swapped in a LE and got the same results I m wondering if the motherboard is the issue or perhaps the power supply as it s only W The AIW worked fine in this mobo previously under XP but it and the mobo have been boxed for a year or two Any troubleshooting ideas nbsp

Relevancy 51.17%

When i turn on my pc occasionally and for no apparent reason Sometimes after i restart the pc because of a windows update i get video corruption i e anything displayed on my monitor has lines across it including the BIOS so i don t believe this is a software problem I Crossfire in Corruption, 4870's Video 2 turn the pc on and off around times and its fine again I did a major overhaul of my pc which involved adding ATI Sapphire s a OCZ V GB SSD and completely updating my water cooling loops Video Corruption, 2 4870's in Crossfire Both s are watercooled in the same loop with a triple rad and in the second loop i have the CPU and Northbridge also with another triple rad I also tried to run my CPU at Ghz but couldn t get it stable maybe i damaged the CPU or the NB I have also flashed the BIOS s of the s to allow me to overclock them higher in catalyst control i first flashed both cards to the ASUS TOP BIOS then i altered the ASUS Top BIOS and re-flashed both cards could this be the problem They haven t crashed on my gaming sessions lasting up to hours continuously at times The GPU temps are low around C idle and C after hours of gaming Maybe the graphics RAM is overheating I also have a OCZ watt power supply i know Watts should be enough but I m not sure if OCZ PSUs are reliable Graphics cards are currently running Mhz on the GPU and Mhz on the memory I am using both crossfire bridges Another thing to note is that i don t get BSOD but my OCZ RAM sucks as it wont let me run at the specified Mhz tried everything even RMA d sets and contacted OCZ tech support etc so my RAM is running at Mhz and from what i can tell its stable any higher and i get BSOD also iv had to RMA my motherboard before due to faulty RAM slots perhaps i know have a faulty PCI-E slot there are so many variables i don t know where to start any help would be appreciated nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-corruption-2-4870s-in-crossfire.120022/
Relevancy 51.17%

Video corruption when playing games have to reboot Hello Having recently solved a problem with my pc a new one has surfaced Whilst playing d games often the video display will become corrupted completely The games are still playing in the background can still hear sound etc Sometimes but not often the pc will then black screen on me and I return to windows to the windows has encounterd a serious error I have a feeling though that these incidents are not linked I have tried reinstalling all drivers I can think of removing USB keboards brought a new router as thought replacing modem might help all power off hibernate settings on always on Really have run out of things to change Wouldnt be that much of a problem but I only play MMOS so this really games corruption when playing Video affects gameplay so much I Cant play anymore At point of getting a new pc but Video corruption when playing games was worried it might be something to do with monitor Any help greatly appreciated Thanks edit oops forgot specs pentium ghz gig geil value ram x XT PE video card GA- IG -g mobo sonic fury sound card have tried onboard audigy belinea quot flat screen monitor U S Robtics DSL router Nothing overclocked edit PC just did its normal thing but this time no video corruption just black screen plugged monitor back in again During this time i heard a single beep then a few seconds later another beep Was able to restart windows with nothing but black screen ie pc was fine but no display nbsp

A:Video corruption when playing games

it does sound like a vid card or your monitor..
try geting a friends/another pc's monitor or vid card to swap with (troubleshoot) and see what happens

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-corruption-when-playing-games.43761/
Relevancy 51.17%

I was wondering if anyone else was having this problem. The demo installs fine and the menu looks okay, but once the game begins, there are dark textures, black flashes, or missing textures. It is especially noticeable during the initial parachute drop where, if you look right at the island, it disappears completely. My video drivers are up to date. If anyone can help, please do so.

-Bundo
On-Board Audio
1 GB Ram

Relevancy 50.74%

Hi all Thanks in advance for reading any help is appreciated Experienced several BSODs during the past few weeks A few separate quot explanations quot for the crash shown on the blue screens may suggest a memory problem attached corruption; related likely Diag file to SF memory BSOD, dump quot SPECIAL POOL DETECTED MEMORY CORRUPTION quot quot BAD POOL HEADER quot quot IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL quot A dump file created using the SF Diagnostic Tool is attached Some additional information BSOD, likely related to memory corruption; SF Diag dump file attached The computer contains two sticks of RAM each DDRIII GB SODIMM If it helps the text on the label of each stick includes quot BEFMHGO- other characters Memtest was run with both sticks in the PC i e neither was removed before running and a single error was found with the following characteristics Tst Pass Failing address bc - MB Good bc Bad bc ff Err-Bits Count Chan blank System Restore was attempted but could not restore the computer to BSOD, likely related to memory corruption; SF Diag dump file attached a previous instance Windows Defender Offline was also run and also failed providing the following error quot The program's service has stopped You can start the service manually or restart your computer which will start the service Error code x ba quot Also ran BlueScreenView which identified ntoskrnl exe as a potential issue although we weren't able to follow this up I hope that at least some of the above is relevant Any help is sincerely appreciated

A:BSOD, likely related to memory corruption; SF Diag dump file attached

Welcome to SevenForums.

Recommendations:

Code:
MSC "c:\program files\microsoft security client\msseces.exe" -hide -runkey Public HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
Start Menu\Programs\Norton Internet Security Public:Start Menu\Programs\Norton Internet Security Public
Note that you have Microsoft security essentials installed but keeping two antiviruses such as NIS (which is often a cause of BSOD-s itself) would cause conflicts. Please uninstall Norton and keep MSE while troubleshooting. You may however, install Norton back if we know it was not contributing in the crashes. (you’ll have to remove MSE though).

Drivers that need to be updated: / or reinstalled.

Method: Click on the Start ► Control Panel ► Programs ► Uninstall a program ► Uninstall everything related to; the particular programs mentioned below. Restart the system, delete remnants of its drivers/older drivers using Driver Fusion/Sweeper. Restart again if required.

Wacom HID Router Driver Source: Driver Reference Table

Code:
0: kd> lmvm wachidrouter
start end module name
fffff880`049ab000 fffff880`049c0000 wachidrouter T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: wachidrouter.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\wachidrouter.sys
Image name: wachidrouter.sys
Timestamp: Tue Mar 20 01:27:08 2012 (4F67888C)
CheckSum: 0001CEAC
ImageSize: 00015000
Intel(R) Wireless WiFi Link 5000 Series Adapter Driver for Windows 7 Source: Driver Reference Table

Code:
0: kd> lmvm NETwNs64
start end module name
fffff880`058aa000 fffff880`06116000 NETwNs64 T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: NETwNs64.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\NETwNs64.sys
Image name: NETwNs64.sys
Timestamp: Wed Jan 05 01:29:41 2011 (4D237525)
CheckSum: 00823E68
ImageSize: 0086C000
Intel Storage drivers Source: Driver Reference Table

Code:
0: kd> lmvm iaStor
start end module name
fffff880`01271000 fffff880`013c5000 iaStor T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: iaStor.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\iaStor.sys
Image name: iaStor.sys
Timestamp: Thu Jan 13 07:50:12 2011 (4D2E5A54)
CheckSum: 0007188C
ImageSize: 00154000
Graphics card drivers also need to be updated:

Code:
0: kd> lmvm atikmdag
start end module name
fffff880`04a05000 fffff880`05302000 atikmdag T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: atikmdag.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\atikmdag.sys
Image name: atikmdag.sys
Timestamp: Mon Feb 07 00:31:45 2011 (4D4EE911)
CheckSum: 008B4A84
ImageSize: 008FD000
Source: Download AMD Catalyst Drivers 12.10 Vista 64 - FileHippo.com
(Avoice CCC - Catalyst Control Center during installation.)

Run the System File Checker that scans the of all protected Windows 7 system files and replaces incorrect corrupted, changed/modified, or damaged versions with the correct versions if possible:SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker
Run Disk Check on your hard disk for file system errors and bad sectors on it:Disk Check
Free up the start-up, nothing except the antivirus is usually needed.Startup Programs - Change
Troubleshoot Application Conflicts by Performing a Clean Startup
Check for a newer BIOS version:

Code:
BIOS Version/Date Hewlett-Packard 68SCF Ver. F.08, 26/08/2011
Let us know how it went.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/264299-bsod-likely-related-memory-corruption-sf-diag-dump-file-attached.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Please see screen dump attatched showing the problems I am having playing youtube videos and playing video files through Windows Media Player. I have Windows 7 64 bit and a Dell monitor desk top computer less than 12 months old. I am not sure of the actual graphics card installed but Nvidia with 3D option is installed, 3D option is disabled. The problem seems to occur after the computer has been running for some time. When the problem occurs I shut down the computer and the problem is gone. However after a while it comes back. Hoping someone can help. Cheers

A:corruption of video picture of W.M.P. and Flash Player

If the problem appears after the PC has been running, then it sounds like a heat related issue. Graphical glitches typically indicate a video card fault, but can also be caused by other hardware such as the power supply.

The best test is to swap video cards, or test the card in another PC.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/corruption-of-video-picture-of-w-m-p-and-flash-player.1097765/
Relevancy 50.74%

Several days ago my video began to really go cray with radical geometric patterns squiggly lines or what I think of as interference It happened occasionaly and i discovered if I apply pressure at the fore of my laptop IBM T it will temporarily stop This went on for two days when added to this the system began to hang At first the hangs were several minutes apart now they are every twenty seconds or so I ve gone to IBM s Support site and also to Lenovo s and have followed to a Hanging, Persistent And Intermittent Corruption... Video Well As letter all their steps that are meant to put this to an end but no Lenovo even downloaded a diagnostic tool that checked memory but that proved unnecessary Every other test they ran came up without alieviating these problems What it means to me is that to write a regular email takes anywhere from a half hour to an hour and I m Persistent And Intermittent Hanging, As Well Video Corruption... not one for going on and on Any help will sure be appreciated Thanks even for simply reading this Best Jane

A:Persistent And Intermittent Hanging, As Well Video Corruption...

Hello vsjane,

Any Cracks,Missing screws,gaps,or other cosmetic defects on the system?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/112122/persistent-and-intermittent-hanging-as-well-video-corruption/
Relevancy 50.74%

Alright, when doing normal every day tasks on my computer, there is no screen corruption. However, when I decided to play counter-strike:source, there was massive screen corruption(lines and different colored boxes etc...). And I loaded up some other games and the corruption was still there. I even loaded up bridge builder(not a very graphical game at all), and there was corruption! So I don't know whats wrong, and this is only happening in games(they all run full-screen). So could this be a full-screen problem or what? And yes I have updated my ati catalyst drivers and have direct X 9.0c.

A:Video card help. Graphics corruption on a 9800 pro.

Classic overheating symptoms.

Open up your case, and blow a house fan on your card to test, but I'd say you need better cooling.

How many case fans do you have now?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-card-help-graphics-corruption-on-a-9800-pro.37826/
Relevancy 50.74%

edit see posts amp for dmp info and more I reboot, Video minidump instant or and evt no corruption am having a strange problem with x in my HTPC It will reboot seemingly randomly while playing videos in hulu desktop or media center itself and once only once did it from the desktop I can pretty much guarantee a reboot in hulu but not in media center This reboot is preceded by some video sound artifacts but nothing I can be sure comes from the box and not the TV itself The strangest thing is that I see nothing odd in the event logs not even a Video corruption and instant reboot, no minidump or evt single error and there are no minidump files that I can find or other indications that a crash even happened After reboot the video hdmi dvi doesn't work I then switch off the psu and discharge everything by trying to power up After that I turn off the tv turn the box on and wait for it to get past the post beep Then I turn it off turn the tv BACK on and it boots up with video This is so far the only consistent way I can get video back other than waiting overnight Any idea on how to go about debugging this or at least getting some info I am thinking it is driver related maybe x specific but just a guess I don't want to go buying a video card if it is really the chipset network card etc I've thought about driver verifier but the thing scares me If thats the only way so be it Temps are not a problem already did burn in case amp same location Reboots happen over HDMI and DVI dvi-hdmi converter amp back panel audio i - on an asus p h -m pro no add-on cards w ocz psu mushkin ddr ram everything looks fine in the bios timings are as expected etc bios latest version drivers updated straight from intel audio is asus oob sevenforums you are my only hope asus support asked me to run dmark Thanks Andrew

A:Video corruption and instant reboot, no minidump or evt

Think I found it, or at least enough of it to be happy for the moment.

This board, the p7h55, has a realtek chip (Realtek ALC892 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC ). In safe mode,with no audio in any way even enable-able, everything works OK. Plays videos overnight, etc.

I was able to get it to work by uninstalling all realtek, rebooting, and accepting the default windows hd audio driver. I did not have the latest realtek at the time; they were the latest during the install, but now there are some that came out at the end of 3/2010. Perhaps those work better. It is fine now going out over DVI=>hdmi w/ standard back panel audio.

Realtek ALC892 drivers crash Windows 7 x64. Joy =)

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/75294-video-corruption-instant-reboot-no-minidump-evt.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Windows 7 is constantly is wanting to error check my external HDD which contains videos. If I allow it, the video files will become corrupted and unreadable. I suspect windows does this automatically sometimes.

How to I stop/disable windows from doing this error checking?

A:Windows causes corruption of HDD video files by error checking.

See if this tutorial by Brink is what you are looking for.

Check Disk - Reset

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/387913-windows-causes-corruption-hdd-video-files-error-checking.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi,

The problem is horrendous video corruption as detailed in the images. Model is ppa10e-0002n-en. Is there a fix or has the intel chipset gone? I think the current BIOS is not the latest.

http://img229.imageshack.us/my.php?image=487b1os8.jpg
http://img66.imageshack.us/my.php?image=a8c51ck7.jpg
http://img66.imageshack.us/my.php?image=a8401sn4.jpg

A:Portege A100 - video corruption problem *Pictures*

Hi

Looks like a GPU problem.
Did you try to connect it to an external monitor to check if the same appears on the second display?
Do this. This procedure is helpful to find out if the graphic chip or the LCD is faulty.

I look forward to hearing from you?

bye

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?27882-Portege-A100-video-corruption-problem-*Pictures*
Relevancy 49.02%

Vostro upgraded to Windows via ISO Built-in panel video is corrupted vertical stripe down center that suggests panel failure External monitor works fine However built-in panel works during boot for both BIOS and Windows logo screen and also works in Safe Mode Additionally the panel works fine after it comes out of sleep mode Any time the video mode changes e g by a resolution change plugging in an external monitor or starting the computer the built-in panel will be garbled Causing the system to sleep and unsleep corruption 10 with upgrade driver latest Windows to Vostro 360 video Intel even immediately after startup will correct the built-in panel video corruption Driver installed by Windows is Intel R HD GraphicsDriver Date Vostro 360 upgrade to Windows 10 video corruption with latest Intel driver Driver Version I update a Vostro Windows system with the latest Intel HD Graphics driver Vostro 360 upgrade to Windows 10 video corruption with latest Intel driver I will get the same behaviour so it s almost certainly a driver issue What confuses me is that no-one has mentioned a similar problem and many have mentioned successful upgrades to Windows Am I just unlucky with my systems or is there some software variable that could mask or create the problem On Windows I can revert to an older driver to make the problem go away This is difficult on Windows as it continually upgrades to the latest driver Closest similar issue is an unresolved red green blue colour cycling problem http answers microsoft com en-us windows forum windows -hardware dell-vostro- -and-optional-intel-graphics-driver fbf e - c b- -b -add c fcdThis Spanish site mentions an issue with nbsp Fast Access but this works fine on my system Their video driver problem is fixed by simply waiting quot Al terminar la actualizaci oacute n no configura correctamente la pantalla pero darle tiempo al windows y el solo actualiza el driver y se ve correctamente quot http japerna blogspot ca actualizar-dell-vostro- -all-in-one html m Has anyone had video issues when upgrading a Vostro to Windows And any solutions

A:Vostro 360 upgrade to Windows 10 video corruption with latest Intel driver

JACQUESASSERT,
Product not tested for Windows 10 upgrade
Dell is not testing or developing Windows 10 drivers for this product. If you choose to upgrade, some features, applications, and connected devices may not work as expected.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4997/t/19985950
Relevancy 49.02%

Product Pavilion dv - dxOS Dual boot Linux Mint and Windows Home -bit nbsp no HP recovery partition HP Recovery Disks I Pavilion [DEAD error CARD] HP corruption BIOS dv5 VIDEO code have them but can't use them because the DVD laser doesn't work CD only nbsp Symptoms While in normal use screen suddenly had black and grey vertical linesAfter restart computer turns on and fan runs but screen is blackCTRL button flashes white light flashes pause and repeat BIOS corruption Hello nbsp I am trying to recover from BIOS corruption hoping it's not a failing mobo nbsp I downloaded the latest BIOS update for my system but I can't nbsp get this file to install on an external USB using nbsp HP's nbsp instructions for restoring the BIOS At step I don't get the HP System BIOS Update Utility screen Instead I get this nbsp nbsp nbsp My questions nbsp Is there any nbsp easy way nbsp to nbsp get this exe on a USB I have tried computers and USB cards so WTH If not can I just unpack it and create a bootable USB in another program by copy pasting the BIOS file nbsp Is there anything else HP Pavilion dv5 BIOS corruption error code [DEAD VIDEO CARD] I should nbsp try before flashing the BIOS nbsp Thanks in advance for your assistance nbsp nbsp nbsp UPDATE nbsp The nbsp BIOS error was actually the nbsp video card that failed due to repeated overheating The repair shop replaced the video card HP Pavilion dv5 BIOS corruption error code [DEAD VIDEO CARD] and repaired the overheating problem I didn't ask how and my computer is as good as new Solved View Solution

A:HP Pavilion dv5 BIOS corruption error code [DEAD VIDEO CARD]

For anyone who has a similar problem with their computer, my "BIOS error" (as coded by my computer's flashing lights) turned out to be a failed video card. The repair shop said this happens when computers overheat frequently, which mine often did. So, they changed the video card and fixed the overheating problem, and my computer is back in working order.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-Pavilion-dv5-BIOS-corruption-error-code-DEAD-VIDEO-CARD/td-p/5460513
Relevancy 49.02%

I've just installed an ATI Radeon 9800 pro, which seems to work perfectly in standard Windows operation, but falters in other areas. On the Windows startup screen (computer logo then windows logo), it leaves blank lines in the image about two pixels wide and six high. Of course, I don't really care about that, but maybe it's symptomatic of whatever the problem is, because when I play games some strangeness also pops up. In Grand Theft Auto Vice City, the same sort of missing lines plague the screen, floating around in sets of four. Metal Gear Solid 2 really takes the cake, though, with every FMV character's face (that is, those that have animated controls) stretched out like a face waterfall, but there are significantly fewer missing lines. I also tried Sonic Heroes, but...nothing was wrong. It played perfectly, as did Myst 4. Any ideas?

Relevancy 47.3%

Up untill today my PC has been working a-ok I first encountered the problem when i was palying a online mmo After a couple of hours playing i entered a world and some graphical corruption occured where green pixels seem to up,graphical Pc corruption locking corruption,audio appear in bands where the lighter colours where After a short while the pc locked up with loads Pc locking up,graphical corruption,audio corruption of green pixels appearing and the last split second of sound caught in a loop Nothing worked mouse keyboard even the lights for numlock scroll lock and capslock did not respond to the keys being pressed it has happened almost every time i tried a game since then I rebooted my pc and it was fine untill i was loging into the pc where more of the same graphical corruption occured when i logged in after a short while the pc froze on my desktop and hr monitor lost signal after a few seconds it came back on an a message appeqred in the corner by the toolbar saying Kernel driver had failed but had been recovered his happened a few times Windows works perfect in safe mode and i updated the graphics card drivers to try and resolve this but it did not work i am posting this off my iPod so pardon the bad spelling will upload a picture or video tomorrow wih more info if needed Runnng on a packard bell iXtreme with a quad core cpu and Nvidia GS grqphics card Hope somebody has a solution thanks nbsp

Relevancy 46.87%

Hi , just wondering , I have a 4GB laptop (dell inspiron n5010) with i3 350 processor and 500 GB HD ... lately I wanted to play the most recent GTA and what happened ? well the game booted but barely have i gone out of the first corner the whole background disappeared ... I went to my graphics settings and it says Generic PnP Monitor and Intel(R) HD Graphics
-Chip type Intel HD
-Dac type Internal
-Bios info : Intel Video BIOS
-Total Available graphics memory 1696 MB
-Dedicated Video Memory 64MB
-System Video memory 0MB
-shared system memory 1632MB

Is there any way to increase the Video memory on my laptop ?
I will add to it that in the Bios itself there are no options available for me to even lower it they are all kind of @[email protected]
I have been trying everything even updates from intel etc but not helping...

A:How to increase video memory in a shared memory system (Dell Inspiron n5010)

All you can do is max out your system memory, if it isn't maxed already. There might be an option in the laptops bios to increase the shared video memory

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-increase-video-memory-in-a-shared-memory-system-dell-inspiron-n5010.166711/
Relevancy 46.87%

Is there a way to swap these values? default windows 8 drivers has 256 shared system memory but 0 dedicated video memory but after installing sis mirage 3+ drivers dedicated video memory has gone up to 256mb and shared system memory has gone low to 64mb. Editing sis drivers maybe? but how?

A:Swap Shared System Memory and Dedicated Video Memory values possible?

Shared memory is changed in the bios. Find the button to go into the bios and go under advanced or graphics, then look for video memory.

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/8253-swap-shared-system-memory-dedicated-video-memory-values-possible.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi! I have HP probook 440 g1. By default I have 128MB video memory. Then I tried to increase video memory size to 512MB from bios. But it's not working. It still showing 128MB. Can you help me please?Thank you! 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Increasing-video-memory-memory-size-in-bios-not-working/td-p/5680788
Relevancy 46.44%

I have absolutely no idea what is causing this but I can provide all of the blue screen error text blue screen viewer is awesome I can say that the first time it happened I was just playing World of Warcraft when the game crashed to windows which soon after crashed and went to a blue screen error This has happened multiple times now with different errors each memory 7 Blue x64 Screen error corruption/dll Windows error, time Error Text Code Dump File - - dmp Crash Time PM Bug Check String PFN LIST CORRUPT Bug Check Code x e Parameter Parameter aaa Parameter Parameter a Caused By Driver ntoskrnl exe Caused By Address ntoskrnl exe f c File Description NT Kernel amp System Product Name Microsoft Windows Operating System Company Microsoft Corporation File Version win sp gdr - Processor x Crash Address ntoskrnl exe f c Stack Address Stack Address Stack Windows 7 x64 Blue Screen error, memory corruption/dll error Address Computer Name Full Path C Windows Minidump - - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version Dump File Size Dump File - - dmp Crash Time PM Bug Check String MEMORY MANAGEMENT Bug Check Code x a Parameter Parameter fffff Parameter bdc f Parameter fffff fc c fb Caused By Driver dxgmms sys Caused By Address dxgmms sys a a File Description Product Name Company File Version Processor x Crash Address ntoskrnl exe f c Stack Address Stack Address Stack Address Computer Name Full Path C Windows Minidump - - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version Dump File Size Dump File - - dmp Crash Time PM Bug Check String PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA Bug Check Code x Parameter fffff a ef ce Parameter Parameter fffff c d Parameter Caused By Driver aswSP SYS Caused By Address aswSP SYS c File Description Product Name Company File Version Processor x Crash Address ntoskrnl exe f c Stack Address Stack Address Stack Address Computer Name Full Path C Windows Minidump - - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version Dump File Size Dump File - - dmp Crash Time PM Bug Check String IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL Bug Check Code x a Parameter fffff a b Parameter Parameter Parameter fffff ca b Caused By Driver tdx sys Caused By Address tdx sys b File Description Product Name Company File Version Processor x Crash Address ntoskrnl exe f c Stack Address Stack Address Stack Address Computer Name Full Path C Windows Minidump - - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version Dump File Size Dump File - - dmp Crash Time PM Bug Check String PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA Bug Check Code x Parameter fffff a f df Parameter Parameter fffff fd Parameter Caused By Driver fileinfo sys Caused By Address fileinfo sys File Description Product Name Company File Version Processor x Crash Address ntoskrnl exe f c Stack Address Stack Address Stack Address Computer Name Full Path C Windows Minidump - - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version Dump File Size if any other info is required I will gladly provide it within the extent of my ability Thank you in advance -John

A:Windows 7 x64 Blue Screen error, memory corruption/dll error

Looks like Avast! antivirus is creating a problem there. Anyway, please provide the information below within the extent of your ability

http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/254991-windows-7-x64-blue-screen-error-memory-corruption-dll-error.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I've been receiving a blue screen of death every once in a while, and on the blue screen it states "Special Pool Detected Memory Corruption", among other things. Any ideas on how to get rid of this? I have Windows XP. Let me know if I need to post more info.

Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/special-pool-detected-memory-corruption.838548/
Relevancy 46.44%

I installed the Nvidia GT got the Blue screen of death after many headaches I took it back and got the Nvidia GT still got vs memory system conflict? Video card memory BSOD I have done a complete hardware diagnostic test on every piece of hardware on the computer and everything checks out good I have Video card memory vs system memory conflict? the latest Video card and mother board drivers installed and keep getting the blue screen of death on random things mostly DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL a theory I have is maybe the Video card memory speed is conflicting with the Video card memory runs faster then the System memory and I ve read that Vista has problems with ram Video card memory vs system memory conflict? that runs at different speeds could that be the issue Just a quick update I just uninstalled the Nvidia HD Audio Driver I have a feeling it was conflicting with the Realtek High Definition Audio Driver We will see Any help or info from you guys will be helpful thanks Here are my system specs System Information Saturday June PM ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- Model Information ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- Model Name m f Product Number GX AA-ABA Software Build NAv PrA Serial Number XXXXXXXXXX ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- System Information ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- Manufacturer HP-Pavilion Total Number of Logical CPUs Total Physical Memory GB Total Number of Optical Drives Total Number of Hard Drives Total Number Video card memory vs system memory conflict? of Video Cards Total Number of Memory Modules Total Number of DIMM slots ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- Motherboard ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- System Board Chipset nVidia MCP Base Board Manufacturer ECS Product Nettle BIOS Vendor Phoenix Technologies LTD Release Date BIOS Version String ROM Size kB AMD Athlon X Dual Core Processor CPU Specification AMD Athlon X Dual Core Processor Size kB Size MB AMD Athlon X Dual Core Processor CPU Specification AMD Athlon X Dual Core Processor Size kB Size MB ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- Memory ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- System Memory Total Physical Memory GB Free Physical Memory GB MB DDR -SDRAM PC - MHz Memory Size MB Memory Type DDR -SDRAM PC - MHz Memory Manufacturer Hyundai Electronics Memory Manufacture Date Week Year Memory Part Number HYMP U CP -Y Memory Revision Code MB DDR -SDRAM PC - MHz Memory Size MB Memory Type DDR -SDRAM PC - MHz Memory Manufacturer Hyundai Electronics Memory Manufacture Date Week Year Memory Part Number HYMP U CP -Y Memory Revision Code MB DDR -SDRAM PC - MHz Memory Size GB Memory Type DDR -SDRAM PC - MHz Memory Manufacturer Hyundai Electronics Memory Manufacture Date Week Year Memory Part Number HYMP U CP -Y Memory Revision Code MB DDR -SDRAM PC - MHz Memory Size GB Memory Type DDR -SDRAM PC - MHz Memory Manufacturer Hyundai Electronics Memory Manufacture Date Week Year Memory Part Number HYMP U CP -Y Memory Revision Code ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- Local Disk ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hitachi HDT VLA SCSI Disk Device Model Number Hitachi HDT VLA Firmware Revision V O Total Capacity GB Driver c windows system drivers disk sys Driver Version - - Hitachi HDT VLA SCSI Disk Device Model Number Hitachi HDT VLA Firmware Revision V O Total Capacity GB Driver c windows system drivers disk sys Driver Version - - HP - C Drive Letter C Volume Name HP Volume Serial Number -AAC File System NTFS Volume Capacity GB Volume Free Space GB Volume Used Space GB FACTORY IMAGE - D Drive Letter D Volume Name FACTORY IMAGE Volume Serial... Read more

A:Video card memory vs system memory conflict?

Just tried this:http://www.evga.com/forums/tm.aspx?m=586183&mpage=1Hopefully this will fix the BSOD issue,I'm sick of getting the BSOD on my system when nothing is wrong with the hardware. I work to hard to keep it running like new, don't want something simple to take it down. but this has been going on for weeks hopefully this will fix.I'll know in the morning.This is also interesting:http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=190995

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/401806/video-card-memory-vs-system-memory-conflict/
Relevancy 46.44%

I have a compaq 5360 presario with 128 megs ram.4 megs are shared for video memory.how can I increase this ?

Relevancy 46.01%

Hello.

I got multiple bsod's in any day when using my laptop. Some of them blaming hardware fault, others just that memory is corrupted. Here is link to answers.microsoft.com thread and there is seen what i have done so far. After last post there i have alredy got new bsod's as you can see in collected info. And after my last message there yesterday i removed all symantec software, installed back eset nod 32 antivirus and Macrium reflect backup. I hope that someone can point me what is failing, is it driver or hardware issue, because my laptop quarantee will end in middle of next month.

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/63495-multiple-irq_not_less_or_equal-bsod-memory-corruption-bsods.html
Relevancy 45.58%

First, I did check out the definitions of each and its clear as mud.

I do a lot of multi-tasking, and lots of video screening but absolutely no gaming.

I am looking at minimum triple-core processor PC and I see some have Video Memory at
128MB and some at up to 512MB.

For my purposes is a 512MB really beneficial over a 128MB or really the benefits are for those gamers?

A:Video memory, Dedicated Video memory

I would think the larger size would help with Video streaming a little but nothing to write home about.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-memory-dedicated-video-memory.766850/
Relevancy 44.29%

I was just wondering, how do I find out how much of my RAM is dedicated to Video Memory? Because I tried playing Never Winter Knights (the new one) and the picture was really messed up, I can attach a snapshot if you like. A 16MB video card is the minimum for NWK, and since the game worked on my computer (and I have onboard video), I thought that my computer met the minimum requirements, but since the display is so messed up, I can't understand what's the problem

A:How do I find out how much video memory I have (how much RAM is dedicated to Video)?

Access your bios setup page.......it should show how much ram is being pulled for onboard video there.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-i-find-out-how-much-video-memory-i-have-how-much-ram-is-dedicated-to-video.98269/
Relevancy 42.57%

I want 2 purchase a laptop. and i am confused in shared memory and built in memory.
I want 512MB of video memory.

1. (Video Memory) = Up to 1309 MB Total Available Graphics Memory &(Ram 3GB)
2. (Video Memory) = shared & (Ram 2GB)

1 and 2 are the two spec's avilable in market. suggest me which one i purchase.

A:What is best "shared memory or built in video memory" for laptop

Not knowing which graphics adapters they are makes it really hard to know which to recommend. A ton of video memory on a very low end card or low end integrated GPU isn't going to help much.

What's the purpose of this laptop?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-is-best-shared-memory-or-built-in-video-memory-for-laptop.150097/
Relevancy 39.99%

hey, how can I setup my computer to allow video more free memory? or is it possible with built in video?

A:video memory

What kind of built-in video do you have, and how much RAM do you have?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-memory.136312/
Relevancy 39.99%

when i got my computer It had 11mb of oem video memory.After running some diagnostic programs (spinrite sandra) I found that my video memory was 0mb. How could this be.. I am having some extreme difficulties with my computer locking up as you can see from my other threads. help me. computer stats coming next.

Relevancy 39.99%

Hi again guys can someone tell me what is going on when a game tells me I don't have enough video memory to run a game please

Your video card has memory that will help run your game. You can go to Start > Run > type in dxdiag and press enter. When the screen pops up, go to the Display tab. On the top left it will tell you the information on the card, including the video memory. If a game requires more memory than you have it will give you that error.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-memory.678447/
Relevancy 39.99%

Ive been trying to instal a childrens game for a friend the program is called digital arts and crafts.
On her own computer the game doesn't instal just get error message.
On my computer the program instals but at the end of the installation i get the message not enough video memory to run this program.
How do i check for video memory and how do i increase it.
Bothe computers run Winxp .
Thanks in anticipation haddo

Relevancy 39.99%

When I got my computer it had 11mb of video memory. Now when I check the specs it says that I have 0. Why is this. Also my computer freezes all the time. Help me. Could this be related. Ive tried everything.

A:where did my video memory go?

Is this a video adapter built into the motherboard?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/where-did-my-video-memory-go.180190/
Relevancy 39.99%

My computer has been freezing up over a period of time. Does this mean that either my memory or video card is going out. If not what is it?

A:Video or memory or what?

It could be absolutely anything. It could incorrect/corrupt drivers, a virus, adware/spyware, RAM, video, powersupply, motherboard, overheating, etc.

Lets start with the easy stuff. Open up the case and check all the fans, there will be at least two. One on the CPU and one in the back of the powersupply. There may also be one the video and a some case fans. Blow out any dust and make sure all fans are spinning nicely.

Also check for a virus. Go to www.trend.com and do a free online scan. Also download and run SpyBot Search and Destroy to remove any spyware, adware - http://www.safer-networking.org/

Also where does it freeze, how long has it been doing this, what hardware and software do you have running?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-or-memory-or-what.159072/
Relevancy 39.99%

I recently, after getting advice from Dell's Technical Support, formatted my computer. With that being said, I purchased Grand Theft Auto: Vice City. Installed neat and clean, went to play and...this window popped up saying that there was not enough video memory...There is nothing on my Computer...is that the problem?....I don't know much about this kind of stuff. Please Help!

I have a Dell Inspiron 6400.

Relevancy 39.99%

Hi,
I've been having some problems recently playing various games such as WoW and Black and White 2.
I think it isto do with the following errors i get when i go to dxdiag...

Direct3D 8 test results: Failure at step 29 (DrawIndexPrimitive): HRESULT = 0x8876017c (Out of video memory)
Direct3D 9 test results: Failure at step 29 (DrawIndexPrimitive): HRESULT = 0x8876017c (Out of video memory)

Does anyoneknow what i can do to fix this???

I'm running a Radeon 9800 pro on a pc wth Directx 9 and a celeron 2.66G processor

Relevancy 39.99%

I borrowed my friends laptop, a ibm thinkpad 500 mhz.
So i wanted to know if it has a video card with a tv out.
How do i find out?

A:about video memory

looking on the back of the laptop for a tv out port is a start

Or you could go to IBMs site and look for that model of laptop and check the specs at their site.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/about-video-memory.156021/
Relevancy 39.99%

i got grand theft auto vice city and it installed fine but when i go to play it it says " grand theft auto vc cannot find enough available video memory",:confused i have windows 98.

HELP PLEASE!!!!

Relevancy 39.99%

can someone tell me how to get video memory because my comp wont let me play SWG, and previously had a problem with nvidia where i couldn't log onto my computer, after i did what the nvidia site told me what to do, when i try to play my game it says 32 video memory needed and detected 0

You can't have 0 video memory because your monitor wouldn't work. Do you have onboard video or a video card? Do you know the make and model of your motherboard? If you don't then download and run Belarc Advisor or Everest Home Edition. These programs will give you a report on your system and show how much video memory you have.In your Bios you can set the video aperature but don't do this until you know what your video memory is.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/13863/video-memory/
Relevancy 39.99%

hi guys,              in the bios on my laptop,  where it says video memory, I have three options, 32 mb  64mb  128mb  at the moment it is set at 64mb, what would happen if I set it to 128mb, please explain,                                                                        all the best, bluesfloyd

Simply your graphic card will have more ram to use, can load better textuer or have a little increase in performance. by the way, since your overall ram is shared between system and video, your system (Operating system) will have less ram to use.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-7/video-memory/td-p/386323/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 39.99%

Don[t know if I'm in the correct Forum, but here is my question:

Low Video Memory

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am trying to load software for a Fisher Price Digital Arts & Crafts Studio on my Lenovo for my granddaughter. When attempting to load the software I get a message saying I am low on video memory.

Task Manager info is as follows (I am not sure if this is the right info...I am not computer savy!!):

Physical Memory: 1726 MG in Use
Available: 4141
Hardware Reserved: 266
In Use: 1725
Modified: 11
Standby: 3450
Free: 691

Available: 4141
Cached: 3461
Total: 5878
Installed 6144

My system is as follows:

Windows 7 / Service Pack 1
Processor: Intel (R) Core (TM) i3 CPU 550 @ 3.20 GHz 3.19 GHz
Installed Memory (RAM) 6.00 GB (5.74 GB Usable)
System Type: 64 bit Operating System
What can I do to free up more video memory in order to install the software?

thanks.

burt4750

A:low video memory

I think that the software is complaining about the amount of memory on the video card, not about the main memory.
Is the machine a laptop or a desktop? What make and model is the computer? What make an model is the video card? What software are you trying to install (company, product name, and version)?
If the computer is a laptop, there is (most likely) no way to change the video card.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/low-video-memory.1115676/
Relevancy 39.99%

hi i've been trying to get my computer to use some of my ram as video memory(shared memory). In the bios i am able to share a max amount of about 8Mbs of ram as video memory, is there anyway i can change it so it will allow me to share more memory?

i think that may be the max you can set it according to your bios, only so much can be allocated to video vs system memory. afterall, you need enough system mem to run your apps and windows too. sounds like you have an integrated graphics card (bummer). a better option would be to find a pci video card for your system that can be had with more onboard memory instead of trading off for system ram.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-memory.71215/
Relevancy 39.99%

i was looking around on some sites and i was looking at a forum about my computer ( a acer aspire 5100 laptop ), and it said i could use 256 MB of my ram as video memory, but it didnt say how or if it did it automaticly, anyone know anything about this?

i donno if this well help but i have

Acer Aspire 5100
XP Media Center 2005 32 bit ( switching over to Vista 64 bit in a few days)
4 gb ram installed
AMD 64 x2 Mobile Technogly (ALSO!! wondering if this is dual core? cuz it says x2?)
ATI Express 1100 ( 128 or 256 video memory not sure )

Relevancy 39.99%

When i try to start my trackmania client, i get an error up that says
"Video memory too low. 5Mb found, 128Mb required."

I've checked the video memory, and its says that i have 6822Mb free space.
Can someone please help me?

Relevancy 39.99%

Hi everyone,
recently i have "upgraded" from vista to xp and when i had finished and i checked my video memory it had dropped from 228 to 128 when i had vista it said video memory 32mB/s and 196 shared memory capacity 228 and now it just says 128 video memory plz how can i turbo it to get my 228 again or if not how can i make it back to 228 again. (i have noticed that the video quality in my games has dropped so i don't think that it is running with turbo and just doesn't say)

Thanx heaps
Jacob

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-memory.663090/
Relevancy 39.99%

hi guys,              in the bios on my laptop,  where it says video memory, I have three options, 32 mb  64mb  128mb  at the moment it is set at 64mb, what would happen if I set it to 128mb, please explain,                                                                        all the best, bluesfloyd

Simply your graphic card will have more ram to use, can load better textuer or have a little increase in performance. by the way, since your overall ram is shared between system and video, your system (Operating system) will have less ram to use.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-7/video-memory/td-p/386323
Relevancy 39.99%

This has probably been ask before but a search didn't find an answer.

How much video memory is really needed on a card?

1024 by 768 by 16 bit (2 byte) color equals 1,572,864 bytes.

1152 by 864 by 24 bit (3 byte) color equals 2,985,984 bytes.

Right?