Windows Support Forum

Dell Latitude LS Laptop Help

Q: Dell Latitude LS Laptop Help

I have just bought a Dell Latitude LS laptop (used) and I want to upgrade the RAM. It only has 128 MB. How do I take it apart and put more RAM in and where can I get the RAM cheap? Also, would it be possible to upgrade the processor eventualy? (it has a pentiun III as of right now).

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Dell Latitude LS Laptop Help

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Dell Latitude LS Laptop Help

You can go to Dell support, enter your notebook model or identification code and navigate to replace hardware for a guide on replaceing the memory. If you go to system specs on the same site, it will tell you what kind of memory it uses and how much it will hold . .

You can also use the Memory Configuration at to get the same info. Dell's do not handle cheap memory well so stick with Crucial . . price is competitive and they gurantee it will work in the notebook.

Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to upgrade processors on todays notebooks . . dammit! You can upgrade memory and hard drive but nothing else.

Relevancy 67.08%

my laptop turns on,but then a black screen,after a while it says windows could not start successfully,please start in safe mode etc.,but no keys will do anything.also it will say file missing or corrupt,please reinstate,but when no keys will work how can i do anything what it tells me to.i was using laptop and it just suddenly went off,and then the above messages come on.i can also hear a clicking it time for the scrap yard or will it be worth having it fixed. thanks any help will be appreciated.
Relevancy 66.22%

A friend of mine asked me to rebuild her hd because she performed a partial format without knowing what format does reinstallation OS laptop Dell Latitude So now it is a clean disk Anyway the floppy drive and cdrom are both external and only one can be plugged in at a time I used an ME bootdisk and copied the oakcdrom driver to c in order to get cdrom access So far I am not having any luck It s as if the laptop doesn t quot see quot the cdrom It spins makes noise and all that but has no effect on anything Yes I have BIOS configured to Dell Latitude laptop OS reinstallation read the cdrom first More than that I am having a seperate and more challenging problem Dell Latitude laptop OS reinstallation Her laptop keeps going into hibernation or suspend about every seconds I changed the BIOS to disable hibernation but still no change It just goes into hibernation even if I am working on it I have to press the on off button to bring it back i suspected a bad battery at first Took it out and left it on AC but it still goes into hibernation Put the battery back in and it still goes into hiberantion How can I stop this nbsp
Relevancy 66.22%

This Dell laptop starts (I hear the disc turning) and in about 15 sec shuts down. Screen is dark all the time and pressing the "setup" key (F1) doesn't do anything...
Anybody's guess?

A:Laptop Dell Latitude CPx does not start

Could be a failed backlight on the display, can you connect it to a VDU or TV see if they display anything ?
Relevancy 66.22%

I am upgrading my dell latitude cpx 650 laptop. I was wondering if someone could let me know a good brand of memory to use. I don't want to get any bad memory. Thanks.

A:memory for dell latitude laptop
Dane-Elec memory

FYI, the maximum is 512Mb. You have two slots and one slot is filled with 32Mb (providing you haven't upgraded it already) which is removable. The maximum module you can buy is a 256Mb module.

The type of memory you need is PC100 SDRAM SODIMM. is $105 for a 256Mb.
Relevancy 66.22%

I have a Dell Latitude D laptop that I have just started to have problems with It has worked great up until a couple of days ago It started out shutting down unexpectedly once or twice a day and yesterday the problem increased an was doing it after the computer had been on anywhere between five and fifteen minutes Then today I went to turn it on and it wont The light the showed that the ac corded is plugged in does not even light up I tried unplugging the ac cord and trying again but the same problem Latitude Dell with D600 Laptop Help I also notice that the light on the ac adapter is lite up until I try to pull it into the computer I hope this is making since I do not no a whole lot about computers but I tried to explain the problem the best I could Also the fan seems to be working However maybe not as well as it needs to Thank you for reading my posting and any help you may be able to give me nbsp

A:Help with Dell Latitude D600 Laptop
Relevancy 66.22%

looking to run in safe mode to remove a virus - PF8 doesn't work suggest any other keys? The virus can be removed by using the last restore date - how do i do this?

A:dell latitude D630 laptop

Usually repeatedly pressing F8 at the Dell logo will get you to the Advanced Boot option menu to choose Safe Mode.

I would also suggest following the steps listed in the following link for Virus Removal assistance.

Virus/Trojan/Spyware Removal Help
Relevancy 66.22%

My boyfriend and I bought a Dell Latitude Cpx laptop a few days ago. When we first started using it, the blower fan worked fine. But after loading a few Windows updates and games, the blower fan isn't turning on and we are afraid it will overheat. Does anyone have any ideas why the fan isn't working, and how to fix it? We really like the laptop, and would rather not have to return it. It is used, so we unfortunately do not have a Dell warranty. Thanks.

Relevancy 65.79%

I own a Dell Latitude E6430.   I am looking for a Dell Companion 12000mAh or 18000mAh type of device to power and charge my Dell Lattitude E6430 when I am traveling (no outlet available).   When I view the compatibility list for both the Dell Companion 12000mAh and the 18000mAh I don't see the Dell Latitude E6430 in either list.  I went and purchased the 12000mAh and I am attempting to use this to charge and power my Dell Latitude E6430.  It powers my Dell Laptop for about a minute and then quits.   Is there a solution for this problem?   And/or is there another Dell Companion type device that I can purchase that is listed as 100% compatible with the Dell Latitude E6430?   I would like to either get this solution working or purchase the product that is listed as 100% compatible.
Relevancy 65.79%

Hello. My friend bought a used Dell Laptop Latitude D610 and the hard drive got fried by a virus then while trying system restore the battery ran out so that 4 sure ruined what was left of the hard drive. What I need to know is can we put a generic hard drive in or does it have to be a Dell hard drive? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks, Sheila

Relevancy 65.79%

Hello good folks I have a Dell Latitude D laptop that I notice freezes up when it gets really hot Tonight I held it in front of my window air conditioner unit to cool it down and suddenly it worked like a charm So I wonder if anyone s got any suggestions as to what to do about this I ve seen these laptop desks at stores like Target that have fans in them and I was wondering if they are worth looking into Do they work Does anybody have one and have a critique of it good or bad I m not so sure that the CPU fan is working if I have to hold the computer up to the window AC unit to cool it down enough to get it to work There s got to be a better way to keep this thing running at optimal temperatures so that it doesn t keep freezing up on me I m all ears for Dell My laptop Latitude and gets D620 up hot freezes suggestions here Thanks folks you all are most sincerely appreciated SLBurnell nbsp

A:My Dell Latitude D620 laptop gets hot and freezes up

My first guess would be theres a problem with the fan and its going to need replaced.obviously its not supposed to get that hot where you have to put it near an a/c to cool it would be easier and cheaper just to replace the fan then get a desk with a fan.
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi all,
couldn't able to turn on my laptop. I tried the following

but couldn't be able to turn on normally.

when I try to push the power button and next one button don't this is for what purpose, may be for restart. push again and again this turn on the laptop.

but after shutdown the loptop, unable to turn on it again.

can any one help me?

A:Laptop dell latitude e4300 don't turn on

Did you remove the battery and try to start the laptop using only the AC adapter?
Relevancy 65.79%

I have recently purchased a used Dell Latitude C800 laptop. After installing Windows 98SE, I have no sound, no modem appearing in System devices and only VGA monitor resolution.

If anyone can help me with the drivers I need, or perhaps something that I'm missing on the Dell site (which is not user friendly). I just basically want to use basic email with the built in 56K modem, and to be able to view the screen in better resolution than VGA,

Any help greatly appreciated..Steve

Relevancy 65.79%

my windows 7 dell latitude e4310 is not switch on ,why and how to again start my laptop,so please tell me what i can now to operate my laptop, when i on my laptop only on light showing not open and suddenly close the switch on light so please help me

A:hii!! my dell latitude e4310 laptop are not switch on,why?

Appreciate that English is not your mother tongue so it's not easy for you to explain what's happening?Are you using the mains/power adapter/charger to run the laptop; or is it only running on battery? If the problem is when running on battery only - try with the charger unit attached. Is the battery charging OK; there will be light to indicate if the battery is charged or charging?Does the laptop power up - and show "any" lights at all?Are there "any" sounds or signs of things happening inside - fan noise perhaps?Something to try whilst people here try to resolve the problems with you...Disconnect the charger/mains adapter from the laptop; and then remove the battery too.Now press and hold for about 10-15seconds the on/off button on the laptop.Having done that, re-install the battery, and reconnect the mains adapter/charger unit to the laptop - and ensure the mains is "on' at the wall socket where the charger is plugged in.Watch to see what lights (if any) come on; and listen for noises too (fan and hard drive spinning up)?This is from the Dell Support site for you Latitude - it's the Service Manual: the Diagnostics page (it's a few pages in - but there are no page numbers) there is list of what the various indicator lights mean. Have a look and see if the information there corresponds to anything happening on your Latitude.This is a link to the basic features/setup guide for your Latitude. It shows what the various lights, buttons etc do; and on the second page it shows where the battery and mains indicators are.
Relevancy 65.79%

i just purchased a brand new battery for my laptop and it still will not charge or play off it and it needs to be plugged in.

any suggestions are grealy appreciated

Relevancy 65.79%

I was installing windows on my laptop (latitude C840). I deleted the existing partition, created a new one and quick formatted. After formatting it turned off and now will not turn back on. None of the lights flash when pressing the power button, with or with out a/c.
If anyone could shed any light on the problem it would be much apreciated

A:Dell latitude laptop wont turn on

Sounds like somethings gone a bit iffy, here the manual for the laptop, make sure things like the memory havent worked loose etc etc.

Relevancy 65.79%

My Dell Latitude D laptop decided to blue screen on me while I was doing Dell D620 Won't Laptop Latitude Boot some work in Excel However when I reboot it Dell Latitude D620 Laptop Won't Boot makes it to the Black screen showing Windows XP loading and I get the following blue screen quot UNMOUNTABLE BOOT VOLUME quot Technical Information STOP X ED X B E X X X I try booting into safe mode and all other configurations and get this same message ----------- I Google the issue and see I probably just need to the chkdsk r thing I change the boot order to my CD in setup and put in my Windows XP cd I click to boot from cd and it begins to enter Windows setup Windows setup takes about a minute to go through all of the files it normally Dell Latitude D620 Laptop Won't Boot loads However as soon as it gets to quot Setup is Starting Windows quot I get a new blue screen that has the following information on it Technical Information STOP X E XC XF BF XF A F XF A EF pci sys - Address F BF base at F C DateStamp b d c ------------ So I can't get into the repair function which means I can't do anything at this point Anybody have any suggestions Thanks in advance
Relevancy 65.79%

Hello everyone,

I need help fixing a dell latitude e6410 Core i7 Laptop. I tried removing and reinstalling the cpu on the laptop and I put everything back together. When I turn on the laptop, it wont display anything on the screen. What would be the cause of this issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I made sure I put in the thermal paste on cpu and installed Heatsink and fan.

The fan was clean and aswell as the heat vent.

I already tried other cpu's and it didn't boot up aswell.

Is there any special key combination do I need to press when I power on the system.

Can you think of anything else that can be useful to resolve the issue.

A:Need Help repairing Dell Latitude e6410 laptop

Are you getting any LED indicators to light up anywhere on the laptop?
Relevancy 65.79%

How can I play a dvd on a Dell Latitude D630 computer laptop? I can play a musical disc but not a dvd. The dvd is ntsc which plays on most PAL systems.

A:can I play a dvd on a dell latitude D630 laptop?

NTSC and PAL are different systems.
Relevancy 65.79%

I have a dell latitude E5510 that can't accept windows, and can only accept suse Linux and centos. 

A:dell latitude E5510 laptop system

Thank you for writing to the Dell Community Forum.
Dell Latitude 5510 has been tested and pre-installed with Windows Vista & Windows 7. May I know the method you are using to install Windows on this system? Was the system pre-installed with Windows from Dell and do you have the Dell Media Disk?
Please go through the following Dell Article, as it gives you step by step instructions on installing Windows 7 on your system:
Relevancy 65.79%

Sporadic BSOD on Dell Latitude E6510 notebook.
Memory & hard disk show no errors.
Please advice. See file attached
Relevancy 65.79%

Sometimes the mouse (the built in touch pad) on my Dell Latitude laptop stops......and it works again. Hardware issue? Or something else?

Relevancy 65.79%

Guys I Had Installed ubuntu Imstalled First noe i am back to windows 8.1 but i installed it via unofficial way i used my freind laptop os windows 8.1 made a bootable of it and booted on my laptop but i am facing many issues like low sound very low sound issue,areoplane made always enable because of it i am not able to use wifi on my laptop to download drivers,
i downloaded drivers from my brother laptop from dell site but installing them is useless so please guys can i get any help in this matter
Relevancy 65.79%

Windows 7 x64 SP1 laptop. BSOD an various times. Please advice. Enclosed is report.
Note: Could not complete "perfmon /report" to generate Performance Monitor Report...

According to BlueScreenView by NirSoft:
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL - ntoskrnl.exe & usbehci.sys

Please advice.

A:BSOD Dell Laptop - Latitude E6510

Can anyone please help with this?
Relevancy 65.79%

Why does my Dell latitude 630 laptop not connect to the internet when I click on the explorer icon?

A:Dell latitude 630 laptop not connecting to internet

What type connection are you using? (cable,dsl,etc)

Is this a wired or wireless connection?

What happens when you try and connect to IE.

Check Device Manager for any driver errors. (? or ! beside devices)

Try and give as much info as possible.
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi I just bought a Dell Latitude E laptop connect the Latitude E6510 to a net? Dell laptop How and now I wonder how to set it up for How connect a Dell Latitude E6510 laptop to the net? internet access I have a desktop PC and so I know that my connection is good I tried just connecting it via the RJ socket on the PC thinking it would How connect a Dell Latitude E6510 laptop to the net? configure itself once it sensed a live connection but no go I cannot imagine that it is sold without the necessary hard- and software as it is no more than a couple of years old but maybe it needs setting up The spec sheet says under Connectivity Gigabit Ethernet K v Internal How connect a Dell Latitude E6510 laptop to the net? Modem Optional which I take to mean that the modem is not necessarily installed as a matter of course but like I said above - who buys a PC in say and doesn't get internet connectivity in the deal I happened to have an ST Lab Base TX USB to Ethernet adapter that I tried before posting this but Windows didn't find a driver for it so I got one from driverscollection com but didn't get a 'second chance' to install it manually although I had installed the driver and rebooted the PC I then ran Device Manager to see what I could see and not surprisingly there were unknown driverless ethernet adapter entries galore I then uninstalled those the ones with an exclamation mark inside a yellow triangle until I had a 'clean slate' then did a 'rescan for newly installed hardware' - no go Then I did the same on my desktop PC That is I didn't uninstall any drivers but plugged in the ST-Lab adapter did a 'rescan for newly installed hardware' let Windows fail then double-clicked the device name the newly 'discovered' ST-Lab adapter and when prompted pointed Windows to the folder containing the -bit Vista driver they almost always work on Windows and were my only choice anyway after having first received an assurance that quot It's best to let Windows install device drivers automatically quot Now Windows could not find the driver which I had downloaded myself per its own Help-page instructions and then pointed it to solemnly announcing quot Windows could not find driver software for your device Well duh In my opinion Windows couldn't find six o' clock at five thirty or find a driver if hit on the head by it or so it seems at times like this quot It's best to let Windows install device drivers automatically quot What a joke Hilarious Seriously though it makes one envy Linux and Mac OS users As always any and all help is very much appreciated Thank you Kindest regards Goran

A:How connect a Dell Latitude E6510 laptop to the net?

The "10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet 56K v924 Internal Modem (Optional)" is actually 2 separate specs.
10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet means the laptop has a wired network card that allows the laptop to be hardwired directly to either a DSL or cable modem, or hardwired directly to a router which is in turn hardwired to a DSL or cable modem.
56K v924 Internal Modem (Optional) means the laptop can be ordered with an internal dialup modem as an option.
Your laptop also apparently comes with a wireless network card for wireless Internet connectivity.

Normally, a router is required to connect 2 separate computers to the Internet.
A standard(wired) router allows both computers to be hardwired to the router's LAN ports.
A wireless router allows both computers to be either hardwired to 2 of the router's LAN ports, or one can be hardwired and the other configured to connect wirelessly, or both can be configured to connect wirelessly(assuming both have wireless network cards).

If you already have a router configured for Internet access, then to connect a 2nd computer to the Internet, go to Windows Help, type internet in the search box, select "Set up a second internet connection", and follow the instructions.

If you do not have a router, then you need to install one. They normally come with setup instructions.
Relevancy 65.79%

Windows 7 64 bit pro installed. Actually the computer often suddenly restarts without a reason. Today got a blue screen. I followed your instructions and collected the attached files. It would be highly appreciated if you can help in any way.

A:Got blue screen in my Dell Latitude laptop

Hi -

The 3 BSODs are USB related.

Run Driver Verifier - Driver Verifier - Windows 7 & Vista (BSOD-related)

Driver Verifier needs to run 24 hours minimum or BSOD.

Upon BSOD, re-run the jcgriff2 BSOD app -

Also, run Speccy -
- "File" | "Publish Snapshot" | Paste URL into your next post

Regards. . .

Debug session time: Wed Oct 17 14:45:49.546 2012 (GMT-4)
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\PalmDesert\SysnativeBSODApps\101712-16489-01.dmp]
Built by: 7600.17017.amd64fre.win7_gdr.120503-2030
System Uptime: 0 days 0:20:30.888
BugCheck D1, {fffffa000bad0018, 2, 0, fffff8800427a075}
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for usbehci.sys
Probably caused by : usbehci.sys ( usbehci+6075 )
Bugcheck code 000000d1
Arguments fffffa00`0bad0018, memory referenced 00000000`00000002, IRQL 00000000`00000000, value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation fffff880`0427a075, address which referenced memory
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0xD1_usbehci+6075
Debug session time: Mon Oct 15 05:35:49.701 2012 (GMT-4)
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\PalmDesert\SysnativeBSODApps\101512-15834-01.dmp]
System Uptime: 0 days 1:02:59.669
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for usbhub.sys
BugCheck FE, {8, 6, 6, fffffa8006b4a000}
Probably caused by : usbhub.sys ( usbhub+129ec )
Bugcheck code 000000fE
Arguments 00000000`00000008, USBBUGCODE_RESERVED_USBHUB 00000000`00000006, USBHUB_TRAP_FATAL_TIMEOUT 00000000`00000006, TimeoutCode: Timeout_PCE_Disable_Action - PortData->PortChangeListDone - Timeout trying to set Disable bit fffffa80`06b4a000, TimeoutContext - PortData
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0xFE_usbhub+129ec
Debug session time: Fri Oct 5 01:09:36.821 2012 (GMT-4)
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\PalmDesert\SysnativeBSODApps\100412-22682-01.dmp]
System Uptime: 0 days 0:12:39.179
BugCheck FE, {5, fffffa8005bb01a0, 80861c26, fffffa800689dc48}
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for usbehci.sys
Probably caused by : usbehci.sys ( usbehci+5fac )
Bugcheck code 000000fE
Arguments 00000000`00000005, USBBUGCODE_INVALID_PHYSICAL_ADDRESS The host controller is a physical memory address that was not allocated by SBport driver. fffffa80`05bb01a0, Device extension pointer of the host controller 00000000`80861c26, PCI Vendor,Product id for the controller fffffa80`0689dc48, Pointer to Endpoint data structure
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0xFE_usbehci+5fac

J. C. Griffith, Microsoft MVP (jcgriff2)

jcgriff2 - Sysnative Forums

Relevancy 65.79%

Need the following drivers for Dell Latitude D620 using windows xp/sp3:

ethernet controller: PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_1600&SUBSYS_01C21028

A:Drivers for dell latitude d620 laptop

as you've apparently got a few machines that need drivers, may want to check out pcidatabase; probably a lot quicker for you.
Relevancy 65.79%

Please help me locate and remove my hard drive. It needs to be fixed by Dell and they asked me to remove the hard drive first.

A:Dell latitude 800 laptop hard drive

tech support did not walk you through the removal of the drive? It is standard practice for techs to walk customers through how to remove the drive when determining to replace it. reseating the drive is one of the standard TS steps.
Anyway, is this a D800 or a C800? On the D800, locate the headphone jacks, you'll note that there is a cutout area around it and a screw just under the bottom edge of the system, remove that screw and pull the drive out. On the C800, the drive is located center of the right side, you'll notice a rectangle cutout with a single screw through it(if you have an IR port, it is located on the faceplate for the hdd) remove that screw, slide the plate up, grasp it firmly and pull the drive out.
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi Guys,
My Old Dell Latitude 630 Laptop running XP professional says "BOOTMGR" missing
I have licensed XP but no CD. Can somebody help?
Kelly Mistry

A:Dell Latitude 630 Laptop running XP not booting

The laptops hard drive may have gone bad. Take the laptop to a friend that understands computer repair. You really need a Windows install disk for this... and a new hard drive
Relevancy 64.93%

i have laptop dell latitude  E6230 .when i purched the laptop battery timing is 5 plus hour and now battery problem that. battery option is show this massage . the battery one is nit available for use. what kind of problem. kindly tell me.

Xperts mary laptop dell latitude e6230 ha us ma ya problem ha.

A:laptop dell latitude E6230 battery problem

Hi ,
Thank you for writing to us!
We suggest you to run power troubleshooter and check if it helps.

PressWindows + X key.
SelectControl panel.
In the search box, typeTroubleshooter and then clickTroubleshooting.
Click on Power and Click on Next button.

Also calibrate the battery ,also check in BIOS if the battery is detected .Kindly let us know if the functionality of the system is being effected .
Kindly private message the service tag and email address.
Relevancy 64.93%

Hi everyone I ve cloned my laptop HD labeled D in my P-III with the XXClone software The new volume is initialized and will boot normally in my P-III When I in Dell boot laptop. C610 XP-Pro clone Latitude won't plug the drive back into my Dell C it won t boot - instead it goes around in circles A blue screen XP-Pro clone won't boot in Dell Latitude C610 laptop. with white text will flash for a split second and the Windows XP screen will do the same The blue Dell screen appears and the status bar completes then the black screen with boot choices appears quot Start Windows Normally quot etc The boot diskette made with XXClone does nothing The laptop was running and has a new motherboard XP-Pro clone won't boot in Dell Latitude C610 laptop. and CD drive BIOS won t let me right-key to edit the HD it has the white arrow but I m not sure if this is editable or not I ve set the boot sequence several times from internal to floppy I ve inserted the Dell drivers CD and run check disk diagnostics on the drive while hooked up to my P-III - still nothing I m wondering if my Latitude BIOS is corrupted Heelp nbsp

Relevancy 64.93%

I don't know what's up, I am pretty sure it's connecting, but the server isn't respondinG or something. At the bottom right, it has the 4 bars then it has a triangle on it and on N&SC ( network and sharing center it has NAME-PC and then Identifying to the right of that. I've tried system restore to see if its the antivirus, that doesn't help, tried resetting the winsock catalog, I just don't know what's wrong, can someone help?

A:Dell Latitude (Win7) Laptop not connecting to Internet

Can you post a shot of your "ipconfig /all" minus the quotes when you enter it in the command prompt.
Relevancy 64.93%

Hey guys i need help finding the dell latitude D600 ethernet drivers, i have been looking on the dell website for the drivers but every time i try to install it, it wont give me lan connection.

Relevancy 64.93%

Not sure if this is in the right category or not but here goes. The computer has been working fine until about 1/2 hour ago. The monitor goes VERY dim like in hibernation but will not 'relight'. If you reboot it comes on and works properly for about 5 minutes then goes dim again. The only way to get it back is to reboot. needless to say, this is a pretty useless way to have a computer. I appreciate your help.
Relevancy 64.93%

Any advice on how to upgrade this to wireless AC?
Operating System Edition: Professional Product Line: Latitude
Operating System: Windows 7
Optical: DVD
Screen Size: 14"
Battery: Included Processor Type: Intel Core i5 2nd Gen.
Webcam: Not Included Processor Speed: 2.50GHz
Touchscreen: No Graphics Processing Type: Integrated/On-Board Graphics
Memory: 8GB
Hard Drive Capacity: 320GB
Relevancy 64.93%

I have succeeded in loading the video, display and modem drivers for my used Dell Latitude C800 laptop, but am unable to locate the audio drivers anywhere on their site. I have also done some web searching without success in this regard.(PS: I am using Windows 98 SE operating system)

If anyone could steer me to a site or would have the driver in question and let me know, I would really appreciate it..thanks, Steve Johnson
email: [email protected]

A:Audio driver for Dell Latitude C800 laptop

Well heres a driver for windows ME that might work if i'm reading the siteinformation correctly.
Relevancy 64.93%

My desktop was just infected pretty bad Some pro cleaner program I thought I had it all cleaned and was just having a small issue with redirects I tried to post here on the machine but when I tried to log in here it redirected me infected Dell Latitude and D620 redirects laptop Also I was Dell Latitude D620 laptop infected and redirects going to run a online scan with eset node but it redirects to some page telling me my system is infected and also a page comes up about java being outdated Maybe someone can suggest some programs I can run To protect my privacy I unhooked the cat cable from the back so I will have to move programs via flash USB drive The last scans I did with maleware bytes came clean I ran a quick scan and full scan I have also ran adw cleaner and rkill they have done about all they can do Got some things in startup and add remove try to remove them but get an error message Laptop Dell Latitude D Core DuoWindows XP Pro SP Desktop HP Pavilion p wAMD Dual Core Windows Home PremiumServer Windows XP Pro SP Ghz GB Dell Latitude D620 laptop infected and redirects Rammessage edited by ChristopherTGarrett

A:Dell Latitude D620 laptop infected and redirects

For a start, download and burn to dvd a Kaspersky Rescue disk ISO. Boot with the dvd. It will load itself into RAM only; then go on-line and update itself. After-which it will scan your hard drive fully and deal with more or less "anything" it finds. It's built around a Linux variant; and will not install itself to the hard drive .The utility is free here: some support info here: with that and post back with the results. There are other utilities (all free and regularly recommended here) to run after you have run the Kaspersky disk.It's likely that JohnW will drop across here at some stage. He is one of several here very up on dealing with assorted pests... Wise to pay heed to his thoughts and those of one or two others too. All are well versed in dealing with these pests...
Relevancy 64.93%

Hey A friend of mine who s not computer savvy performed a partial format without knowing what formatting does So now she has an empty hd My problem is this She gave me the A drive and a cdrom drive both external but only one can be plugged in at a time I am trying to install K over the old XP After I formatted the hd I tried using a K bootdisk so I can begin a fresh OS install BUT since only one of the externals can be plugged in at one OS issue Dell install Latitude L400 laptop time I cannot get the bootdisk to recognize a cdrom drive during the boot Then Dell Latitude L400 laptop OS install issue I tried to boot straight from the cdrom with a bootable K cd Dell Latitude L400 laptop OS install issue But I am not having any luck with the laptop reading the cd in order to perform a clean cd install The cdrom spins makes noise and stuff so I know the power is there But it seems as if the laptop isn t reading the cdrom correctly because it still bypasses the cdrom and reads the hd and of course comes up with quot Missing operating system quot Anyone know what I can do to get an OS installed on this laptop I ll be away from my pc and the laptop until around today but I might be able to sneak in a reply or two during the day nbsp

Relevancy 64.93%

Dell Latitude D Laptop keyboard repair is one of the more common jobs performed on laptops it s also one of the easier repairs to carry out providing the following hasn t happened A spill of anything but water on a keyboard will times out of leave you in a situation that involves replacing the keyboard all together Keyboards are manufactured in such a way that leaves little to no room to Laptop D520 Latitude Dell Keyboard Repair clean out messy spills Basically any liquid containing sugar soft drinks beer wine coffee or tea are bad news A couple of laptop keyboard repair do s and don ts in the event of a spill DON T panic Panic makes us do stupid things think before you react DON T use a hairdryer to dry out a spill melted keys are hard to type with DON T tilt the machine upside down or on its side if you do feel the need it s better to tilt it Dell Latitude D520 Laptop Keyboard Repair to the side that houses the CDROM as the CDROM area inside the machine has less components on it than the mainboard DO switch the machine off immediately and resist switching it back on until you re certain the spill has dried Survey the damage after you ve dried it out At this point you could remove the keyboard and try the machine using an external keyboard to see if anything else has been affected The ribbon cable can also be located on the front edge of the keyboard depending on the age and model of the laptop you have Note the keyboard holder thin strip of plastic that sits on the top edge of the laptop keyboard needs to be removed to get access to the screws holding the keyboard down Traditionally a spill will kill a keyboard or at best at least some function will be lost I have only ever been successful with a laptop keyboard repair that involved a water spill anything else normally results in a tragic loss and putting your old faithful keyboard to rest nbsp

A:Dell Latitude D520 Laptop Keyboard Repair

i once spilt a glass of baileys onto th keyboard of an inspiron 1300, i took the KB off and soaked it in hot soapy water then rinsed it out and left it to dry, worked fine when it was put back on....

I often scrub dirty keyboards in a bath of hot soapy water and leave to dry, makes em nice and clean and they always work.
Relevancy 64.93%

Dell Latitude

I want to replace the original hard drive with a larger capacity drive, the original is (don't laugh):

Hitachi DK23DA-20, 20GB, ATA5, EIDE, 4200rpm

DELL's site gives me little to go on for replacement parts but an alternative site suggests:

160GB ATA100 5400 rpm drive

I have found a Toshiba 320GB ATA/300 5400rpm at Fry's. Is there anything I need to know about the ATA type to ensure compatibility? Will this ATA300 drive work with my system which previously had an ATA5 drive?

A:Replacing Laptop Hard Drive - Dell Latitude

Toshiba makes a very good drive. We rate it among the top three, along with Seagate, Western Digital, and Fusjitsu. In our repair shop over the past 20 years, Toshiba has been our most reliable drive. A 5400 rpm drive will last longer than a 7200 rpm drive, and that speed will be noticeable...
Also look at,,, and among others... prices vary almost daily.

Be sure you are getting the right type of drive... some are SATA, SATAII, EIDE, and ATA6...

It is difficult to return hard drives, so be sure you are getting what you need.

The 320 GB is a good choice, and will be almost as inexpensive as the 160... and most certainly less costly per gigabyte.
Relevancy 64.93%

My Dell Latitude D820 laptop is locking up when I move it while open. The screen goes black and a green light comes on at the top of the keyboard that looks like a padlock with the letter A in it. None of the keys work and I've tried closing it and reopening it with no reaction. The only solution I have now that works is to manually power down and then repower. Is there some keystroke combination that will keep me from having to reboot? Any ideas about what might be causing the problem and how to fix it? Thanks for the help!

A:Dell Latitude D820 laptop locking up when moved

Is the AC adapter connected when you move it, or is it just on battery power? Has this laptop ever been dropped?
Relevancy 64.93%

I have recently obtained a Dell Latitude model PP01L with a 20 gig hard drive. The stickers say it is a PIII, and a sticker on the bottom says it is running Windows 98. I know nothing else about the laptop as I am unable to access the OS. When I turn the machine on, I get the following message:

Press Fn-X to return the system to normal running mode.
No timer tick interrupt

When I press Fn-X, the screen goes blank and the machine shuts off. Also, if I let the machine run without pressing any button, it shuts itself off within 30 seconds.

I have limited knowledge of laptops, but am fairly familiar with the XP on my pc. Does anyone have any suggestions for a non-pro?

A:Dell Latitude laptop model PP01L problems

Try the link to Dell in here:
Relevancy 64.93%

Hi i aquired a laptop, and im trying to reset the Admin password on it so i can change the boot sequence. The copy of windows xp on it is bad and i cannot boot into it. Is there any way to get the admin password off other than removing the Cmos.?

A:dell latitude c600 laptop bios pw reset

Our forum rules prohibit us from assisting with password recovery or work arounds.

Please review our rules:

Relevancy 64.07%

If anyone could provide a picture or detailed description as to where I could find this chip or the numbers even labeled on the chip itself it would be great!

I've stared at the mobo so long searching for the chip I've given myself a headache.

Thank you very much!

A:Trying to find the eeprom chip on a Dell Latitude D800 Laptop

Under the HD caddy
Relevancy 64.07%

My Dell Latitude C610 laptop is reporting "primary hard disk 0 not found".
I would like help to see if there is something we can do to get it back.

A:Solved: dell Latitude C610 laptop - no hard drive

moving this to the virus section of the forum. It started to boot in windows, and then died.
Relevancy 64.07%
A:purchased a dell latitude 3340 laptop from the pawn shop and...

Hi, dell latitude 3340 is not a product from HP. Please try: Regards.
Relevancy 64.07%

hello all, I have a problem in my Dell latitude pp0x1 laptop which is like following: 1- When I press power on button, the power light LED become light ON for 3 or 4 second and return back to off state and the laptop not powering ON at all. 2- when I connect it to the Dc power the battery button wink slowly. really I am in trouble and worried of this error plz help. thanks
Relevancy 64.07%

I was recently given a Dell Latitude D600 laptop with no manuals or restore CD. The software is very downlevel and has multiple problems. So far I have run Ad-Aware, Spybot, AVG and XP Malware Removal v1.33 and have found 26 Trojans and multiple virus.

I'd like to get the laptop back to the original pristine state. I wonder if there could be a restore hidden on the hard drive, or a way to get a restore CD. The software is XP Pro.

Any advice?

A:Dell Latitude D600 laptop XP Pro restore disk/file

if your system supports DSR (Dell System Restore by Symantec) press CTRL + F11 during the POST screen (dell logo).

note: this will perform a destructive system restore back to factory default, all data will be erased from your system partition!
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi there, I have just been given this laptop for our charitable organisation: 1Gb ram 60 gb hardrive, but it came with the hardrive wiped clean and with no installation CD for drivers etc. Have loaded Windows XP Home, gone to the Dell website and installed most of the drivers following Dell's recommended installation order for drivers. Following this the boot up time is less than a minute. After installing Service Pack nr 2 the bootup time is 10 minutes. I have spent hours and hours trying to figure out what is going on ... this Broadcom security platform etc is just making it even more confusing. Would really appreciate if somebody could help?
Relevancy 63.64%

hello i have both these dell and Dell e6430 latitude latitude e6420 laptops well i have bought a Dell latitude e6430 and dell latitude e6420 e for my girlfriend as the other one she has is crap well i have read that these e get warm and well i found out they come with one pipe heatsink well Dell latitude e6430 and dell latitude e6420 i heard u can upgrade the heatsink to a pipe one DUAL HEATPIPE heatsink DELL P N - TYP i was wondering what else do i need to do this as when i get this laptop its second hand i pro in it ghz im going to clean it out and put new paste on it put i hear people are on about this copper shim to put on it can this be done and well can i upgrade my dell latitude e i pro ghz heatsink with the Dell latitude e6430 and dell latitude e6420 double heatsink as i know that one only comes with one pipe love you guys info if you guys can help me would be class thanks i got this info here GPU Temperature C on Latitude E - General Hardware - Laptop - Dell Community

A:Dell latitude e6430 and dell latitude e6420

Joseph mate best leave as is after all it was made to function as it came. Now for the compound and copper shim personally I would not bother with the copper shim I can see no good reason for it the dual pipe again if it was made to work with one pipe then leave alone.

It is better if you renew the compound using a decent cleaner and compound and I can recommend these for that job

Arctic Silver Incorporated - ArctiClean for thorough cleaning and preparation and Arctic Silver Incorporated - Arctic Silver 5 for the compound.

Now it depends on who you listen to but I always use these products and after the old compound is thoroughly cleaned off and the surfaces prepped I spread the compound very thinly and across the both entire surface of the CPU and the heatsink with my finger inside a vinyl or latex glove and then place a rice grain sized piece of compound on the CPU and replace the heatsink. If you touch the surfaces after clean and prep then redo it.

While you are in there do make sure the fan and the radiator are really spotless and I sometimes relube the fan bearings to make sure the fan is running at full tilt when needed.
Relevancy 63.64%

I'm able to get to a command line from a Win - retail install disk - and have tried sfc scannow but it hasn't fixed it - 'Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations' If this is in the wrong forum please advise - not sure if that's because it's started from outside the original OS - awaiting delivery of recovery media shipped from Dell - - farbar recovery scan tool log below Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST txt x Version - - Ran by SYSTEM on MININT-MM RG V on - - Running from F Platform Windows Professional Service Pack X OS Language English United States Internet Explorer Version Boot Mode Recovery The current controlset is ControlSet ATTENTION gt If the system is bootable FRST must be run from normal or Safe mode to create a complete log Tutorial e6520 laptop screen of on Win7 death dell latitude 64 Black for Farbar Recovery Scan Tool http www geekstogo com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Registry Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the registry item will be restored to default or removed The file Black screen of death on Win7 64 dell latitude e6520 laptop will not be moved HKLM Run Apoint gt C Program Files DellTPad Apoint exe - - Alps Electric Co Ltd HKLM Run SysTrayApp gt C Program Files IDT WDM sttray exe - - IDT Inc HKLM Run Broadcom Wireless Manager UI gt C Program Files Dell DW WLAN Card WLTRAY exe - - Dell Inc HKLM Run FreeFallProtection gt C Program Files x STMicroelectronics AccelerometerP FF Protection exe - - HKLM Run TdmNotify gt C Program Files Dell Dell Data Protection Access Advanced Wave Trusted Drive Manager TdmNotify exe - - Wave Systems Corp HKLM Run DFEPApplication gt c Program Files Dell Feature Enhancement Pack DFEPApplication exe - - Dell Inc HKLM-x Run IMSS gt C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Management Engine Components IMSS PIconStartup exe - - Intel Corporation HKLM-x Run Dell Webcam Central gt C Program Files x Dell Webcam Dell Webcam Central WebcamDell exe - - Creative Technology Ltd HKLM-x Run RemoteControl gt C Program Files x CyberLink PowerDVD PDVD Serv exe - - CyberLink Corp HKLM-x Run PDVD LanguageShortcut gt C Program Files x CyberLink PowerDVD Language Language exe - - CyberLink Corp HKLM-x Run RoxWatchTray gt C Program Files x Common Files Roxio Shared OEM SharedCOM RoxWatchTray OEM exe - - Sonic Solutions HKLM-x Run Desktop Disc Tool gt C Program Files x Roxio OEM Roxio Burn RoxioBurnLauncher exe - - HKLM-x Run Client Access Service gt C Program Files x IBM Client Access cwbsvstr exe - - IBM Corporation HKLM-x Run GrooveMonitor gt C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe - - Microsoft Corporation HKLM-x Run AdobeCS ServiceManager gt C Program Files x Common Files Adobe CS ServiceManager CS ServiceManager exe - - Adobe Systems Incorporated HKLM-x Run SwitchBoard gt C Program Files x Common Files Adobe SwitchBoard SwitchBoard exe - - Adobe Systems Incorporated HKLM-x Run ISUSPM gt C ProgramData FLEXnet Connect isuspm exe - - Flexera Software LLC HKLM-x Run DNS reminder gt C Program Files x Nuance NaturallySpeaking Ereg Ereg exe - - Nuance Communications Inc HKLM-x Run openvpn-gui gt C Program Files x Sophos Sophos SSL VPN Client bin openvpn-gui exe - - HKLM-x Run WD Drive Unlocker gt C Program Files x Western Digital WD Security WDDriveAutoUnlock exe - - Western Digital HKLM-x Run WD Quick View gt C Program Files x Western Digital WD Quick View WDDMStatus exe - - Western Digital Technologies Inc HKLM-x Run HP Software Update gt C Program Files x Hp HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe - - Hewlett-Packard HKLM-x Run avgnt gt C Program Files x Avira AntiVir Desktop avgnt exe - - Avira Operations GmbH amp Co KG HKLM-x Run ControlCenter gt C Program Files x ControlCenter BrCcBoot exe - - Brother Industries Ltd HKLM-x Run BrStsMon gt C Program Files x Browny Brother BrStMonW exe - - Brother Industries Ltd HKLM-x Run IndexSearch gt C Program Files x Nuance PaperPort IndexSearch exe - - Nuance Commu... Read more

A:Black screen of death on Win7 64 dell latitude e6520 laptop

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything.
We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.
To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:
*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> <<< CLICK THIS LINK
If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.
***************************************************If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new FRST log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.
Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.
We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download FRST by Farbar from the following link if you no longer have it available and save it to your destop.FRST Download LinkWhen you go to the above page, there will be 32-bit and 64-bit downloads available. Please click on the appropriate one for your version of Windows. If you are unsure as to whether your Windows is 32-bit or 64-bit, please see this tutorial.Double click on the FRST icon and allow it to run. Agree to the usage agreement and FRST will open. Do not make any changes and click on the Scan button. Notepad will open with the results. Post the new logs as explained in the prep guide. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.As I am just a silly little program running on the servers, please do not send me private messages as I do not know how to read and reply to them! Thanks!
Relevancy 63.64%

Got a basic question or about my D for ya all - Today Systems Solved: Laptop Display Dell a Question D510 on Latitude I ve been getting some odd screen shut-off issues - I ll be surfing or watching a video and the screen just shuts off like it did just now - SIGH to turn it back on I simply press the little switch-pin at the pivot point for the screen It s annoying as hell The first question is this - lately after opening the lid and turning on the screen this laptop rarely shuts down I ve been noticing a red hue that fades away quickly once the screen lights up - am I looking at a screen failure in process Second - in checking my Device manager and looking at the Display Adaptors listing should I be Solved: Systems Question on a Dell Latitude D510 Laptop Display seeing of the same Mobile Intel Display Chipset listings or just And if only should be there how do I get rid of the unwanted one if nessessary Thanks guys A-N nbsp

Relevancy 63.64%

I have a Dell Latitude D620 and have all the drivers installed, but for some reason my wireless adapter isn't seeing my wireless connection I have here at the house. I am running Windows XP Home. I'm at a loss of what it could be. Any advice would help.

A:[SOLVED] Wireless Netowrk not working on Dell Laptop; Latitude D620

Has this laptop ever connected at home?

Lets take a peek at your network environment:

Power Cycle everything . . Turn off the Modem, router and all pc's . . turn on the Modem and wait a few minutes for the lights to stabilize . . then turn on the router, then one pc at a time. See if you connect to the internet.

Remove all the stored wireless network profiles and search for the network again.

How to Remove Stored Wireless Network Profiles for XP, Vista, and Windows 7

Then: check your browser's settings, remove any proxy settings if found here's how.

with the pc connected to the router, Click on Start . . Run . . type CMD

At the > prompt type type the following command: IPCONFIG /ALL and press enter.

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter. Come back here and Paste the results in a message.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB drive, or a CD-R disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

then please Download and run this Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector, click the Networks link on the upper left and paste a screen shot of that screen here. Note that this application requires NET Framework to run. If you get an error about a missing function, download and install NET Framework.

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file. To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.
Relevancy 63.64%

Hello. My dell latitude D505 laptop was making a loud winding noise underneath(facing me) the left side closest to the screen. Underneath that location is a fan. Why it was making such a loud winding noise, It sounded similar to an old tape player rewinding a cassette. I don't know but I do know it's never done that before.

Does anyone know what this could be and is it safe to use my computer even though the winding noise stopped? It lasted for at least a few hours, then suddenly stopped.

Thank you.

A:My Dell Latitude D505 laptop was making strange winding sound

Is it warm or hot in that location? It's either the HDD or CPU Fan?
If it's the CPU Fan that needs to be replaced.
If it's the HDD then backup your data or clone the HDD as the HDD is starting to go.
Normally if it's the HDD it will make clunking noises.
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi Dell Latitude laptop running OEM Win SP fully patched and previously stable Rig will be years old in a few months so I suppose it could be impending hardware failure FWIW drivers are UTD according to Dell code BSOD boot 0X0000007F on - Laptop Latitude stop Dell site but there is a BIOS update available I hadn't updated it BSOD on boot - stop code 0X0000007F Dell Latitude Laptop as the rig had been very stable BSOD with stop code x F Was able to reboot into Windows without incident immediately thereafter There was a recent patch to my security suite KIS within the past few days However the rig had BSOD on boot - stop code 0X0000007F Dell Latitude Laptop been rebooted several times since then without incident and the system was stable And I installed MS KB on without incident having uninstalled KB shortly after the Patch Tuesday debacle even though I had NO problem with No other recent software or hardware changes KACE amp encryption software have been installed for quite some time and have caused no known issues SF Diagnostic Tool log amp zipped mini-dump are attached I think Please advise Much appreciated NOTE This is NOT the system listed in my profile's quot system specs quot I have different Win rigs The one for which I am reporting this BSOD is the laptop

A:BSOD on boot - stop code 0X0000007F Dell Latitude Laptop

Hello MoxieMomma.

The BSOD is caused by Kaspersky Antivirus, which made Intel(R) WiFi Link 5300 AGN driver blocked.

* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 7F, {0, 0, 0, 0}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\NETwNs32.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for NETwNs32.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for NETwNs32.sys
Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\klim6.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for klim6.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for klim6.sys
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for kltdi.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for kltdi.sys
Probably caused by : NETwNs32.sys ( NETwNs32+741a0 )

Followup: MachineOwner
Description of drivers here:
What is kltdi.sys from Kaspersky Lab? (id:10375435)
What is kltdi.sys from Kaspersky Lab? (id:10375435)
What is netwns32.sys ? | System Explorer

And the WiFi driver is backdated.

95635000 95cbf000 NETwNs32 T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: NETwNs32.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\NETwNs32.sys
Image name: NETwNs32.sys
Timestamp: Wed Jul 14 17:12:16 2010 (4C3DA298)
CheckSum: 00686E74
ImageSize: 0068A000
Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4
Uninstall Kaspersky using Kaspersky Removal Tool. Use Microsoft Security Essentials as your antivirus with windows inbuilt firewall, and free MBAM as the on demand scanner.
Download, install and update those, and then run full system scans with both of them, one by one.

Update Intel(R) WiFi Link 5300 AGN driver from

Free up the startup. Windows does not need any other program to auto start with it, but the auto start programs often conflicts and causes various problems including BSODs.
Click on the Start button
Type “msconfig (without quotes), click the resulting link. It will open the System Configuration window.
Select the “Startup” tab.
Deselect all items other than the antivirus.
Apply > OK
Accept then restart.
Let us know the results.

NAMEDESCRIPTIONFILETYPEklim6 Kaspersky Anti-Virus NDIS 6 Filter c:\windows\system32\drivers\klim6.sys Kernel Driver kltdi kltdi c:\windows\system32\drivers\kltdi.sys Kernel Driver netwns32 ___ Intel(R) Wireless WiFi Link 5000 Series Adapter Driver for Windows 7 - 32 Bit c:\windows\system32\drivers\netwns32.sys Kernel Driver Yes
► Update Ricoh Memory Card Reader driver from Home | Ricoh Global
► Download and install this particular versionof Intel Rapid Storage Driver:
Date: 06/11/2012

95d0f000 95d20000 rimmptsk (deferred)
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\rimmptsk.sys
Image name: rimmptsk.sys
Timestamp: Thu Jun 25 13:28:09 2009 (4A432E11)
CheckSum: 000134E8
ImageSize: 00011000
Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4
8d410000 8d4ea000 iaStor (deferred)
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\iaStor.sys
Image name: iaStor.sys
Timestamp: Fri Aug 07 17:46:56 2009 (4A7C1B38)
CheckSum: 00053E42
ImageSize: 000DA000
Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 04... Read more
Relevancy 58.48%

Dell Latitude D600 laptop wont boot windows xp cd when trying to install windows!!! Hello every one ...
basically my dell latitude d600 laptop wont boot windows xp cd am not sure why....
I am trying to install fresh windows in there, I donít think there is any probe with dos setup everything is fine but to be honest am not 100% sure, so would you guys be able to help....cheers every one.

A:Dell Latitude D600 laptop wont boot windows xp cd when trying to install windows!!!
Relevancy 58.48%

Hello every one ...
basically my dell latitude d600 laptop wont boot windows xp cd am not sure why....
I am trying to install fresh windows in there, I donít think there is any probe with dos setup everything is fine but to be honest am not 100% sure, so would you guys be able to help....cheers every one.

A:Dell Latitude D600 laptop wont boot windows xp cd when trying to install windows!!!

Did you check the bios and check that the CD/DVD Rom is enabled as a boot device and is searched before the HDD?
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi Greetings I would like to ask for your assistance because I m already out of ideas how to resolve this issue Right after I powered up the laptop E5450 screen dell Latitude start logo after up blank DELL it will get past the DELL logo screen then it will be completely just black screen I wouldn t even hear any activity from the CPU fan HDD and pressing DELL Latitude E5450 blank screen after dell logo start up the Caps Lock doesn t lit up the LED The LED indicators on the side are only displaying the power indicator but none for HDD Battery and Wireless Here are the steps that I have done so far Removed the HDD and Battery then press amp hold the power button for at least - seconds to disperse the internal voltage Then attach the Battery but not the HDD Press and hold Fn and then the Power button hoping to boot me up to the ePSA Diagnostic Utility Press F or F while booting up Re-seat the memory and also clean with a dry tissue These are the procedures that I have done but nothing has changed It still displays blank screen right after the DELL logo I do hope that you could assist me on this Thank you so much
Relevancy 56.76%

Hey guys.
Pretty much what the title says - Dell's new, recently-released ControlVault driver (version A19) does not successfully install on a Dell Latitude E6330.  I followed the driver installation order from the "Dell Business Client Re-Image 'How-To' Guide" and installed the Dell ControlVault driver last.  It did not work.
Attached is a screenshot of what I got, and the Windows Installer log.

A:Dell ControlVault A19 installation fails on Dell Latitude E6330 with a fresh install of Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

Relevancy 56.76%

I installed Windows 7 64-bit on my Latitude E6400. I cannot seem to find any way to install Dell Control Point. I got the Driver Pack to install. I found one download of Security Manager that worked, but I would like the Power Manager one.

I've looked on this forum a few times and any links I click on just redirect me to the Drivers and Downloads page. I get errors saying that my service pack is not supported.....I'm on Windows 7 Service Pack 1. I also got some 32-bit errors, but that's my fault for downloading the 32-bit version.

Does anybody have a link to the full Dell Control Point package (Power Manager, Connection Manager, Security Manager) that will work on 64-bit Windows 7?

A:(Dell Latitude E6400) Dell Control Point on Windows 7 64-bit

Here is a good article on reimaging the Latitude E6400
The Win 7  Control Point System Manager files are a bit tricky to find, but they can be downloaded from the following link.
This should help if you have installed the correct drivers in the correct order.
Relevancy 56.33%

Hey all nbsp I ve got a Dell Latitude E where the driver installer for the Dell Wireless wireless card fails nbsp I m running Windows -bit the computer boots in UEFI mode and I ve installed all of the drivers according to the Latitude E-Family Re-Image Guide I ve got a log as well it says this nbsp nbsp nbsp Dell Update Package Execution Start nbsp nbsp fails on on mode) Dell Windows E6320 installation 1530 7 driver Latitude Wireless (UEFI 64-bit Dell nbsp Original command line E -NIC DRVR WIN A R EXE Dell Wireless 1530 driver installation fails on Dell Latitude E6320 on Windows 7 64-bit (UEFI mode) nbsp s nbsp nbsp nbsp DUPFramework version nbsp nbsp nbsp User Command unattended nbsp nbsp nbsp DUP Capabilities Dell Wireless 1530 driver installation fails on Dell Latitude E6320 on Windows 7 64-bit (UEFI mode) Value x FFFFF nbsp Dell Wireless 1530 driver installation fails on Dell Latitude E6320 on Windows 7 64-bit (UEFI mode) nbsp nbsp DUP Vendor Software Version A nbsp nbsp nbsp Local System Model Compatible with this Package Yes nbsp nbsp nbsp Local System OS Version nbsp nbsp nbsp OS Compatible with this Package Yes nbsp nbsp nbsp Local System OS Language EN nbsp nbsp nbsp Language Compatible with this Package Yes nbsp nbsp nbsp Identified Behavior unattended nbsp nbsp nbsp Temporary payload log file name C Users Administrator AppData Local dell drivers E -NIC DRVR WIN A R DUP B tmp nbsp nbsp nbsp Translated Command Line setup exe s v quot LOGFILE quot C Users Administrator AppData Local dell drivers E -NIC DRVR WIN A R DUP B tmp quot quot nbsp nbsp nbsp Path C Users Administrator AppData Local dell drivers E -NIC DRVR WIN A R nbsp nbsp nbsp Identified Behavior unattended nbsp nbsp nbsp Append File C Users Administrator AppData Local Dell UpdatePackage Log E -NIC DRVR WIN A R txt nbsp nbsp nbsp --- Start of Payload log --- nbsp nbsp nbsp --- End of Payload log --- nbsp nbsp nbsp Vendor Software Return Code nbsp nbsp nbsp Name of Exit Code ERROR nbsp nbsp nbsp Exit Code set to x nbsp nbsp nbsp Result FAILURE nbsp nbsp nbsp Name of Exit Code ERROR nbsp nbsp nbsp Execution terminated at date-time nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Dell Update Package Execution Start nbsp nbsp nbsp Original command line quot C Users Administrator Desktop Drivers - Dell Latitude E E -NIC DRVR WIN A R EXE quot nbsp nbsp nbsp DUPFramework version nbsp nbsp nbsp User Command attended nbsp nbsp nbsp DUP Capabilities Value x FFFFF nbsp nbsp nbsp DUP Vendor Software Version A nbsp nbsp nbsp Local System Model Compatible with this Package Yes nbsp nbsp nbsp Local System OS Version nbsp nbsp nbsp OS Compatible with this Package Yes nbsp nbsp nbsp Local System OS Language EN nbsp nbsp nbsp Language Compatible with this Package Yes nbsp nbsp nbsp Identified Behavior attended nbsp nbsp nbsp Temporary payload log file name C Users Administrator AppData Local dell drivers E -NIC DRVR WIN A R DUPB tmp nbsp nbsp nbsp Translated Command Line setup exe v quot LOGFILE quot C Users Administrator AppData Local dell drivers E -NIC DRVR WIN A R DUPB tmp quot quot nbsp nbsp nbsp Path C Users Administrator AppData Local dell drivers E -NIC DRVR WIN A R nbsp nbsp nbsp Identified Behavior attended nbsp nbsp nbsp Append File C Users Administrator AppData Local Dell UpdatePackage Log E -NIC DRVR WIN A R txt nbsp nbsp nbsp --- Start of Payload log --- nbsp nbsp nbsp --- End of Payload log --- nbsp nbsp nbsp Vendor Software Return Code nbsp nbsp nbsp Name of Exit Code ERROR nbsp nbsp nbsp Exit Code set to x nbsp nbsp nbsp Result FAILURE nbsp nbsp nbsp Open file C Users Administrator AppData Local Dell UpdatePackage Log E -NIC DRVR WIN A R txt nbsp nbsp nbsp Open file C Users Administrator AppData Local Dell UpdatePackage Log E -NIC DRVR WIN A R txt
Relevancy 55.9%

for the basics and schoolwork
and which is newer 

A:which is better dell latitude e5440 or dell latiude e6430

The E6430 has a metal case and is more robust, but uses an older CPU and chipset.
The E5440 is a plainer chassis with a newer generation CPU and chipset.
The E6440 is the concurrent update to the E5440.
There are too many possible configurations to definitively say which is better -- it depends on the CPU, GPU, etc. in the specific model (or that you choose when you order one, but since the E6430 isn't a current model,  you may be looking at used systems).
Relevancy 55.04%

what to do when a dell latitude d630 laptop is not on but cap lock, num lock and scroll lock is on and i'e tried to check the VGA and the processor

A:Dell latitude d630 laptop is not on but cap lock, num lock and the scroll lock is on

Are they on solid, or are all three LEDs flashing?
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi, I have just brought a Dell Latitude CPx back from the dead and it is working wonderfully apart from the fact that the Function (FN) keys don't 'function'.
Any ideas please?

A:Dell Latitude CPx

Humm... old.

When you say you brought it back from the dead, how so? Did you have a Dell recovery disk, or did you install an OS from a box into it? Was the keyboard okay before hand, or was it part of the reason for it being DOA originally?

The CPx series were one of those 'semi'-Dell machines, since the same notebook could be purchased in a number of liveries, including HP and Gateway (your machine looks exactly like my Solo 1400). If you loaded an operating system into it that wasn't from a recovery disk, then you probably need to download the drivers from the Dell website into it. Otherwise, the keyboad may be out of sorts, and may need replacing.

If you can find the service tag number (on Dell laptops, they tend to be on a thin white label and are only 6 to 8 digits long), you can punch it in here ( to find out what was on this beastie originally, and what can be downloaded to it.

Relevancy 51.6%

Ok so here s the problem I have a Dell Latitude CPx J OGT BIOS Revision really my I need Dell Latitude... help with A I also have the Windows XP Pro Reinstallation CD with Service Pack The original problem was upon bootup the computer gave a STOP error STOP x A x x BD xE B x BB AD I tried booting from the Reinstallation CD and this is what happens At Windows Setup it gives me -artition Unknown MB MB Free It gives me the following options and I have provided the information on what happens when I try each of them Create Partition C - Nothing Happens Enter Run Setup - An error has occured while Setup was updating partition information on MB Disk at Id on bus on atapi MBR Setup cannot continue Then the computer restarts Delete Partition D - I really need help with my Dell Latitude... The BIOS in this system is not fully ACPI compliant Please contact your system vendor or visit http www hardware-update com for an updated BIOS If you are unable to obtain an updated BIOS of the latest BIOS supplied by your vendor is not ACPI compliant you can turn off ACPI mode during text mode setup To do this simply press the F key when you are prompted to install storage drivers The system will not notify you that the F key was pressed - it will silently disable ACPI and allow you to continue your installation Recovery Console does not work either What I gather from this is that the partition is not assigned a prompt For example C and I cannot figure out how to give it one Anyone have any advice Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 51.6%

Hi,I am new here and need help.
I have a laptop(dell latitude cpi) my kid entered a password and now I can't access windows.
Every time I turn it on a message comes on saying:This computer system#xxxxx is protected by a password authentication system you can not access the data without the correct password Please type in the primary or administrator password.
My problem is that my kid does not remember what password he used.
Does any body Knows how to remove the password since I can not access the bios either?

A:dell latitude cpi

sorry we cant help u with passwords as we dont know the intent involved.i hope u understand.
Relevancy 51.6%

about an hour ago my computer screen just froze and these vertical dotted lines appeared all over the screen. Now I can only start the computer in safe mode and i need an easy fix. ive already tried a system restore but the blue lines appears on my desktop again.
Relevancy 51.6%

hi there thanks alot for reading this this is my problem the pc Dell latitude D Windows XP home intel centrino the problem when i boot it takes me to the page i have an uption to either enter Dell 610 latitude in a safe mode or Dell 610 latitude just the last pace windows wokred properly this started as a result of when i was syhuting down the system and i had to remove the battery since the system hang after which i used the spare battery i had but still no start up when it start the windows logo it then goes back again to start up of notification that seems the system was shut down or windows encountered an error or the reset button was pressed etc i then enter F to diagonise the system and the followoing information was passed i run the dell diagnostics from the system setup and get this error detected on quot start DST short test quot error code - Msg IDE status failed stats byte control code Msg No additional Sense Infoormation also at the end of the diagnostic it says Test result fail error code - Msg No drive detected it further request i run dell drivers and utilities CD which i misplaced a long time now getting such a Cd is now a problem i need any assistance i can get as my office job for over a year is all in the system and i dont know how to go about it ok thanks for any help addvice you can give me jimmyosas nbsp

Relevancy 51.6%

I stumbled across your site and noticed a thread where you helped out a non-techie like me and I thought I would register and give it a shot. My daughter asked me to fix her Dell Latitude cpi which she uses for her college work. That was the easy bit it was a dodgy on/off button. Then she asked me to get it connected to the internet through her cable modem. I thought that would be easy too but I have spent hours on the internet trying to find what sort of adapter is needed because there is no direct socket connection to fit the modem. I would be eternally grateful for any help you can offer and it would make me look good in my daughter's eyes.

Relevancy 51.6%

Dear Sir,
i've dell latitude X1 laptop. Its become unfortunately BIOS protected.
Tag # DSPHH28X-595B

Plz help me in this issue, how i can break this password.

I tried my best to break this but could not.

can any expert help me regarding this matter.

A:Dell Latitude X1

Any Latitude ending in 595B has been handled by Dell. Contact them for a solution.
Also, search the files on this forum for Dell Password, and Password commentary. There is a lot of useful information.
I have not seen any X1 password fixed... except by Dell.
Relevancy 51.6%

Hey there ive got a friends latitude XT here just put 7 on it and its working perfect apart from the tablet buttons.(the ones that rotate the screen and things) they dont seem to be working and im not sure what drivers to get for it or what, its fully up to date now and still nothing.
please help me xD

A:Dell Latitude XT

HERE is the Dell Lattitude XT drivers. They have Win 7 64 bit and 32 bit drivers. Select the OS bit you have.

Keep in mind the correct and required install sequence for a Dell (and many others) is (1) Install Windows (2) Install Dell Laptop System Software (3) Install motherboard chipset drivers (4) Install device drivers including video, sound, ethernet, etc.
Relevancy 51.6%

every time it trys to run windows xp a fatal systems error c000021a

screen say the windows logon process system process terminated unexpectedly
with a status of 0xc0000006 (0x00000000 0x00000000).
the system has ben shut down

i tied safe mode and tried to reinstall but driver wont pull up system repair disk

A:dell latitude help

post the mini dumps

Relevancy 51.6%

Hey whats up
I have a dell latitude cpx laptop, and I broke the two keys letter "Y" and "6" also the metal bracket that connects the key plate to the actual laptop. Anyone know where I can get this. the problem started by the keys not working when pushed down. Any ideas on why that happened as well.

A:Dell latitude cpx

sc-strapped said:

Hey whats up
I have a dell latitude cpx laptop, and I broke the two keys letter "Y" and "6" also the metal bracket that connects the key plate to the actual laptop. Anyone know where I can get this. the problem started by the keys not working when pushed down. Any ideas on why that happened as well.Click to expand...

Thats a normal problem for those keyboards. You could probably have gotten those keys working again by reseating the cable from the motherboard to the keyboard. Now it sounds like you need a new keyboard. You can probably get one from Dell or possibly find a used one from ebay. Replacements can also be found online like this.
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi everyone This is a long shot I ve got a machine from about here and am hoping someone might be able to remember something about them XPi - Dell hot very Latitude Old It s small black and very chunky - the Dell Latitude XPi CD mhz I needed something with windows so I upgraded the drive from gb to a Samsung HM JC gb Basically I ve got some games that don t work with compatibility in XP at all All fine and dandy with swapping the hard drive but the underneath of the machine gets universally hot as hell I don t seem to be able to detect a fan much less any cooling vents Would I be right in thinking that it was fine with the gb and it needed neither a fan or cooling vents but that my latter day gb drive runs that Old Dell Latitude XPi - very hot much hotter I actually love this laptop but want to waste neither it or the drive so any suggestions much welcome I ve tried the Dell site but the documentation I found wasn t hugely informative about the specific problems I m having though to their credit all of the setup files were there for download Many thanks Tony nbsp

A:Old Dell Latitude XPi - very hot

If your new hard drive is higher RPM than the old drive, then that would explain the heat. Your old drive was probably 4500 RPM, and the new one 5400 or 7200. If that is true, there's not much you can do about it short of buying a new drive.
Relevancy 51.17%

dell latitude c810 turns on and then it will shut off in 2 seconds,there is nothing showing on the display when this happens,also it will work fine with a external monitor.
can anyone help me with these problem.
Relevancy 51.17%

Alright so my brother was playing on xbox live last night and for some reason he found it necessary to prop open my laptop to check his stats for Battlefield Bad Company as he played it Now my brother is what you would call a hardcore gamer his session lasted a good or hours I awoke this morning to see that he was still up and he tried to lighten the mood be telling my my latitude has an attitude I may have laughed but i could see by the look on on won't Latitude Dell turn his face something was bad So now when i try to turn it on the power lights and the lock lights go on for about a second then go off again and there are none of the sounds of a computer startup that i recognize He said it was plugged in and then just suddenly shut off He had it sitting on a solid table so i am guessing that it probably overheated and the fan couldn t do it s job The model is Dell C C Latitiude this is my first laptop bought off ebay for and its been running fine for Dell Latitude won't turn on the last month Any help you can give in getting my laptop back up and Dell Latitude won't turn on running is greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Dell Latitude won't turn on

Remove the battery and try the AC adapter only... Then try another AC adapter
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello, I borrowed a Dell Latitude 630 because my Compaq nx9420 can hardly even boot up now. I'm not sure if the sound stopped after I installed a game or after I plugged my headphones into what I was pretty sure was a headphone port. I don't remember, but all I know is that I can't play World of Warcraft and I'm freaking out. Can someone please help me? It has XP.

Relevancy 51.17%

I want to know if I can upgrade my computer to use 8GB on may computer. I am wondering it that is possible. I am running windows 7 home preimum, 120 GB SSD with 32 bits now

Relevancy 51.17%

Hi, just wondering if anyone knew whether or not the Dell Active Stylus can be used with the Dell Latitude XT3.

A:Dell Latitude XT3 compatability

Unfortunately, the only systems that Active Stylus works with are listed below.
Compatibility This product is compatible with the following systems:

XPS 12 (Model 9250)
Inspiron 15 7000 Series (Model 7568)*
Venue 8 Pro (Model 5855) (Coming Soon)
Venue 10 Pro (Model 5056) (Coming Soon)

*Wake up feature not available
The Latitude XT3 uses and Electrostatic Pen. Information listed below.
Electrostatic Pen
The Latitude™ XT3 uses a specifically designed electrostatic pen or stylus for use in tablet PC mode. Instead of relying on battery power, the energy source for the stylus is magnetic energy produced by the excitation coil built into the digitizer itself. The signal from the coil is picked up by the stylus and triggers the stylus to transmit an electric field.
The transmitted electric field is sensed by a matrix of conductive lines, accurate stylus position determined using the low amplitude signals received on the vertical and horizontal conductors, and an appropriate signal is transferred to the digitizer's onboard processor.
The pen should be designed to support multiple pen tip types to provide the user with a choice in tip/screen interaction when writing.  Two basic nibs will include a hard plastic "standard" nib and a softer "felt" nib.  The nibs should be different colors to help users distinguish the two types. The pen nib can be removed without a tool.
The stylus pen kit that come with the Latitude™ XT3 contains one stylus pen, an extra pen tip, an AAAA battery and string to tie the stylus pen to the system.
Relevancy 51.17%

Hola. Please need help...Ihave a Dell Latitude D505 it was working just fine, sudenly nex day I try to get into the Internet and a window open::{{ Cannot find server-Microsofth Internet Explorer}} the wireless/ Local network Connection is {{ Excellent }} but what Idont undestand is ... that said: Acquiring address,limited/ on the wirelees Nework Status shows SEND 1,474---RECEIVED 0
Please help

A:Dell Latitude D505

Welcome to TSG forums.
Try clicking on use the Win key + R. type in command (or cmd) then type in "ipconfig /all" without the ". also not a space between the g&/. Next type in ipconfig /flushdns. see if this helps.
You might also clean your temporary ie files:
Open IE click on tools>internet options. Under the general tab open browsing history, view files. When that open click on edtit>select all, (this highlights the list) then click on file>delete.
Let us know how it goes...
Relevancy 51.17%

Got a second hand Dell 2120, been working fine but now will not open in windows7,
anyone know what's going wrong?

A:Dell latitude 2120

Sorry should have said it's a latitude 2120, new to all this...
Relevancy 51.17%

My laptop turns on but the screen is black. I was able to start it properly once I removed the battery and use only the AC adapter but now it doesn't even do that anymore. Please help
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello, A friend just gave a Dell Latitude cpi because he shut it down with the reboot to start up in dos mode. He didnt know how to change it back so he gave it to me. When its turned on, the screen says Invalid system disk replace the disk and pres sany key. I have xp to put on but no key code for this computer. It has windows 98 on it. I dont have that disk, is that the only way? I would just like to get it back to the previous setting that worked, not in set up either as far as I see, so I can use it for games or what ever.

A:Solved: Dell Latitude cpi

I'm pretty sure that if you don't have the original disk, you are pretty much going to have to start from scratch.
Relevancy 51.17%

my computer says:

"This computer system, #BYZBWOJ-595B, is protected by a password authentication system. You cannot access the data on this computer without the correct password.

Please type in the primary or administrator password and press <Enter> "

someone who can help me,or can give a master password or link to site?

I have tried much, backdoor passwords memory-sure, Latitude_MasterPW.exe, looked at on this forum,tried, but nothing has helped me. Are able me perhaps with something help you something that works.

ps: Dell c640 Latitude

A:Dell C640 Latitude

same problem is there any solutions
Relevancy 51.17%

This morning attempted to start laptop and nothing. The screen is black. The battery is warm. No beeps, nothing. The caps light does not work. Any suggestions?

A:Dell Latitude D810

Pull the battery and plug in the power adapter. See if it starts up.
Relevancy 51.17%

I've just started having problems of my Dell powering off whenever I hold the bottol right hand by the battery. The sceen goes off, but the loghts remain on, but cannot get the screen to come back on, unless I switch off power on the computer switch by holding it in for a couple of seconds. Please help

A:Dell Latitude D620

Did you check Power Options in Control Panel to verify that pressing the power button actually shuts the computer off and doesn't put it in Stand By or Hibernation?
Relevancy 51.17%

Can any 1 help me i want master bios password of dell latitude c400 ...service tag #BZNZM11-595B .....plzz give me master password

A:dell latitude c400

Give dell a call.
Relevancy 51.17%

Ive got one of the above, but its Vid card is substandard*. Its an ATI rage mobility 4 (count 'em)mb jobbie.

Is there anyway on this earth that I can improve the graphics capabilities of this machine???

CS in software mode sucks.

* Edited by moderator

A:Dell latitude L400

Originally posted by Wilier
ATI rage mobility 4 mb
Is there anyway I can improve the graphics capabilities

Nope! Besides, ATI RAGE Mobility?, is not a true 4Mb. The video memory is not on the die itself, but it is part of the packaging. The way these integrated units are set up, your using ram resources.

Similar Topic Here -->
Relevancy 51.17%

My IHD has crashed, and I have tried several options
- booting from CD ROM etc.

I was wondering if anyone knows of a way to access the hard drive via another computer - repair / retrive data / format hard drive

ALSO - where is the IHD on DELL 600.

I thought I would try to reseat it....

- abhi

A:Internal HD Dell Latitude 600

No problem, you can attach that laptop HD 2.5 IDE to your desktop HD 3.5 IDE, but you'll need to purchase or get your hands on 2.5 IDE to IDE connector. What I do is either use the Slave Secondary where the CDROM goes and connect the laptop HD 2.5 IDE there. The connector comes with a power connector to drive the HD to the desktop PC pwr. Here you can clone the HD to another 2.5 IDE HD for laptop (you'll need another 2.5 IDE to 3.5 IDE connector for that task. Backup files an etc.. with one 2.5 IDE HD.

Less than $1.00 at a computer fair more than $5 at a computer retail store or online.
Relevancy 51.17%

Step-by-step instructions on how to re-format c drive on a Dell Latitude (old) with only 64 meg ram and clear current partitions (there are 4- two large, and two w/only 4 meg ram on them) to free-up enough space to do a clean install of XPPRO from "c prompt". Thanks in advance!

A:Reformat Dell Latitude

Welcome to TSG but you need to create your own thread. to do that you should click on the red triangle in this instance and ask a moderator for help.

then before you do anything with your computer you need to get a lot more RAM

you probably need to provide a bit more info on your computer to determine if this is a good idea to upgrade if this laptop is really old.