Windows Support Forum

HELP! Windows 2000 can't see CD drives anymore

Q: HELP! Windows 2000 can't see CD drives anymore

I hope someone can help me About a week ago I encountered some viruses and deleted files via Norton AV Afterward my computer would no longer recognize my CD ROM D drive OR my CD RW E drive Through a series of troubleshooting sessions it appears that there are three see can't 2000 Windows drives anymore HELP! CD missing files necessary for my CD drives to work they are C winnt system drivers cdrom sys C winnt system drivers redbook sys C winnt system storprop dll I ve reinstalled drivers which says successful My computer shows the hardware installed but it cannot locate the D and E drives I went to my office computer same Op System and emailed myself those three files I then re-saved them to the problem computer but there is no change I went into my BIOS and changed the loading order to read the CD drive first instead of the floppy but it still will not load my Windows K disc or even recognize either CD drive I downloaded Everest Home from a suggestion on another thread It shows my CD players but I m not sure what to do with it or if that program can even help me Even though I re-saved those three files troubleshooting still says that those same three files are the problem Any suggestions are greatly appreciated B nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: HELP! Windows 2000 can't see CD drives anymore

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 85.14%

I hope someone can help me About a week ago I encountered some viruses and deleted files via Norton AV Afterward my computer would no longer recognize my CD ROM D drive OR my CD HELP! anymore drives can't 2000 see Windows CD RW E drive Through a series of troubleshooting sessions it appears that there are three missing files necessary for my CD drives to work they are C winnt system drivers cdrom sys C winnt system drivers redbook sys C winnt HELP! Windows 2000 can't see CD drives anymore system storprop dll I ve reinstalled drivers which says successful My computer shows the hardware installed but it cannot locate the D and E drives I went to my office computer same Op System and emailed myself those three files I then re-saved them to the problem computer but there is no change I went into my BIOS and changed the loading order to read the CD drive first instead of the floppy but it still will not load my Windows K disc or even recognize either CD drive I downloaded Everest Home from a suggestion on another thread It shows my CD players but I m not sure what to do with it or if that program can even help me Even though I re-saved those three files troubleshooting still says that those same three files are the problem Any suggestions are greatly appreciated B nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-windows-2000-cant-see-cd-drives-anymore.304364/
Relevancy 62.35%

i ll give some specs of my computer first to get that out of the way p ghz asus p p e xp anymore doesn't windows see drives mainboard stripe raid system hdd windows xp pro sp i have windows installed on a raid x raptor hdd and have other hdd s and cd-roms on other ide or sata connections this morning my computer would not boot up properly an error message about winlogon exe that had something to do with a quot memory read fail quot no matter what i clicked on the message box i d get the blue screen of death no matter how i started windows safe mode last good config etc i would always get the same winlogon exe error and never be able to finish loading windows xp doesn't see drives anymore windows windows xp doesn't see drives anymore therefore not be able to check the winlogon exe file itself to try to see whats wrong i don t know what may have caused this as it was working as fine a ever last night and haven t installed changed anything for a few days even did a full virus scan days earlier and the problem suddenly came this morning when i started it after some time i felt i had to resort to booting off my xp pro cd and try the repair option there it worked and now windows works fine but i can no longer see any of my extra hdd s or cd-roms my bios is still unchanged and detects all the drives but i did check it anyways and i can still boot off cd how i did the repair or another hdd if i had something on it so i determined that the problem is with windows not seeing them i checked disk management under computer management to see if they just need to be enabled again they don t show up there at all i checked the drivers for ide controllers etc they are all up to date windows simply does not accept that there are other hdd s and cd-roms hooked up at all many important files and such are on the other drives and i also have no recognized cd-rom either now just the c drive any help would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:windows xp doesn't see drives anymore

Have you started with the basics, Microsoft Memory Diagnostic or MEMtest86 might be a good idea. It could be as imple as bad memory, hard to say.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-doesnt-see-drives-anymore.307129/
Relevancy 61.49%

i recently discovered that my cd and cdrw drive no longer work. i went through some basic troubleshooting i.e. uninstalled and reinstalled both drives and there drivers( i also physically disconnected and reconnected them both, still same messages), tried upgrading drivers. even plugged my cd drive into secondary plug on the "ribbon" my hard drive is on. still get the following messages:Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39) also, after reinstalling them I get: there was a problem installing your hardware it may not work properly...does anyone have any more suggestions........p.s. when i disonnected and reconnected them to the motherboard, windows does see them and tries to install them.

Relevancy 55.9%

Hi I have put together a system and it works great but I ran into a problem and have been unable to locate how to fix it Here s the story I have an ABIT KR A motherboard AMD XP CPU I have one WD BB hard drive on IDE Master one Plextor x x x CD-RW on IDE Master WD BB drives on a drives & CD-RW Windows [Solved] 2000 Promise TX RAID controller RAID Additionally in a separate box I have Yamaha CRW EZ drives chained together by way of Firewire cables that connect to my [Solved] Windows 2000 & CD-RW drives main box to a DLINK Firewire card Everything was great [Solved] Windows 2000 & CD-RW drives - I could use Nero to burn to any of the drives One day I turned off the power on the box containing the Yamaha drives Windows popped up and gave some error message that I don t exactly recall peripherals unplugged incorrectly something like this Ever since Nero does not recognize ANY of my CD-RW drives including the Plextor In looking in the device manager all drives are listed but they are not listed under the CD-ROM category they re listed under an unnamed category there is only a CD icon with no text it s just blank I m thinking this is at least part of my problem I have been many many places and have been unable to find an answer to this I certainly appreciate anyone s insight into this Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 55.9%

Hello:
I added a second hard drive. Now I have c and e. Is there any way to for the W2k to see both drives as one? I vaguely remember someone mentioning this to me a while ago.

Thanks

Relevancy 55.9%

I have just received 3 banks of RZ29B-VA drives for the Storageworks BA-356 storage shelf.
When I try to load either Windows NT or Windows 2000 on my DEC MX6200 or DEC ZX6000, the
install processes just hangs with a flashing of the first dirves activity light at 1 per
second. The drives all initialize through the scsi controller just fine, and Linux loads
on the drives without any problems. Is there a special drivber that I need to use, or
something different in the settings for the drives that will allow the windows to load?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dec-rz29b-va-drives-and-windows-2000.100200/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi everyone. This looks like a good place to ask tech questions; there are plenty of knowledgeable people here. Hopefully one of them can help with my problem.

I have a Windows 2000 system with an AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ (yes, I know Win2K doesn't use 64-bit functionality) and an nVidia nForce motherboard, but I forget which model it is. Whenever I try to write large amounts of data (~500MB or more) to a USB flash drive or hard drive, Windows will randomly restart while writing. There doesn't appear to be a similar problem with reading large amounts of data, although I haven't tested nearly as much.

Any ideas why this may be happening, or do I need to post more information? Any help would be appreciated.

Relevancy 55.47%

I'm running Win2K Professional at the desktop, but the network still is NT 4.0. I can't figure out how to change the length of time a connection to a network drive can be idle before it closes. Can anyone tell me where to find this setting?

Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-2000-disconnects-from-network-drives-too-soon.51859/
Relevancy 55.47%

I am trying to trouble shoot a users computer that is running windows 2000 pro. Whenever she tries to open a network drive from within excel it hangs for about 5 seconds before opening. When I navigate to network places, and try to access the same network drive it hangs there as well. Has anyone encounter such a problem and know of a fix?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-drives-hangs-in-windows-2000-pro.478449/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hey TechnoLords!

My problem is that I am unable to read floopy disk. I tried two drives, but the OS replies "please insert floopy." In my experience that means that the disk is dead. Now we all know that floopies die, but could there be any other reason(s)? Something I don't know?

Help me plz.

A:Tried two floopy drives - disk not working - Win 2k/windows 2000- help plz

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/tried-two-floopy-drives-disk-not-working-win-2k-windows-2000-help-plz.92686/
Relevancy 54.61%

hello,

I have been asked to partition the hard disk in the following ways;

the hard disk should be partitioned such a way that, the user profiles need to be a separate partion not in os installed partition say 'C: drive';

but in another partition say user(E: ); for this i figured out that need to automate this process someway in a form of text file, which will be used while installation;

please somebody lead/instruct me regarding this; i am just now into system administration;

and the OS of systems can be windows XP,2000,2003,98

thanks in advance!

A:windows xp/2000 setting/customizing up logical drives

anyone care to answer my query please!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-2000-setting-customizing-up-logical-drives.379336/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello,
We are a computer resellers in the Caribbean and need help. we have a customer purchased an Ibm M Pro intellistation with 20 g scsi hd. Added a 40 g ide and runs win 2000 pro on both drives. He wants to be able to access each drive independently. HELP ! How do we set up the drives to be accessed at startup? For instance with win 2000 dive 1 and win 2000 drive 2?

Thanks and appreciate the help
Jerry

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dual-boot-windows-2000-on-separate-hard-drives.19832/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello All,

This is my first post as I am a new user to this site. I'm not a pro but I do know a little something about computers and any help I can get would be greatly appreciated.

Problem is:
Emachine approx. 2years old, just installed new OS (win.2000). Computer had 2 existing problems before new install. #1: Power button will only work for 1st boot but if you turn the computer off you have to unplug and replug machine in order to get it started.
#2: After booting machine, only a: drive is recognised, doesn't see c: or d: (recognised c: before install, but had problems loading).

c: was reformatted with new installation using another pc.
d: is recognised in bios (of Emachine) only if c: is disconnected. I tried resetting jumpers on system board, but still think I'm missing something or else computer would be working!

Please Help!!

A:Emachine running OS / Windows 2000, doesn't see c: or d: drives when booting-up.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/emachine-running-os-windows-2000-doesnt-see-c-or-d-drives-when-booting-up.171355/
Relevancy 52.89%

I have a several year old Dell desktop P4 2.4 GHZ Win XP SP2 system.

Of the two drives one is a CD/DVD read only generic drive that came with the PC, the other is a Plextor CD/DVD RW that I installed several years ago.

Both drives read DVD's and the Plextor continues to write DVD's. Both drives will now not play or write CD's though. Device Manager inicates no problem with either drive, a Norton Systems Works "Find and Fix Problems" scan found no problems.

Windows Media Player opens up when I put a music CD in either drive but when I click "play" nothing happens. When I try to write files to the RW drive nothing happens.

I have had no problems with either of these drives in the past.

Nothing else in the PC seems amiss.

Can anyone here offer any ideas on what my problem might be?

Thank you.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cd-drives-wont-function-anymore-211187.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello everyone I m new here but I ve done a search here and cannot seem to find the answer to my problem s Any help is GREATLY appreciated First let me say that the computer I am having the problem on is an older Compaq / AT - ALL CD-RW anymore drives not recognized CD-ROM Presario model running the Windows upgrade from Windows I purchased from eBay and installed an HP- Internal CD-RW CD Writer drive into this system Both the original CD-ROM drive and this quot new quot CD-RW drive worked fine for several months A few months ago I installed CD-ROM / CD-RW drives not recognized anymore - AT ALL some software Cakewalk Pro Audio Acid Full Version and several plug-ins from a friend s CD that had been burned Yes this is pirated software This is when problems began occuring I know I know lecture me later I need help right now One day I booted up and a DOS message appeared before loading Windows This message stated that a new drive was recognized The specifications seemed to resemble that of my hard drive capacity of drive is around GB I had options quot Ignore quot quot Save quot and I hate to say that I do not remember the other option For several days I chose quot Ignore quot and things worked fine One day I got tired of seeing this message and I chose quot Save quot Man I wish I d never done that From this point on neither DOS nor Windows has recognized either CD drive quot My Computer quot doesn t list them at all Neither does quot Device Manager quot It s as if they never existed I m sure the drivers are still there but it doesn t know that there is hardware to go with it I ve tried manually adding new hardware but I do not have the Win CD and the drives I need are not listed otherwise I figured that since the drivers were sill there I could trick it by hitting quot Have Disk quot and using the drivers in the C WINDOWS SYSTEM DRIVERS directory Doesn t work hmmm The CD-ROM is the quot master quot and the CD-RW is the quot slave quot They are both attached to the same power cable However there seems to be no power to the original CD-ROM drive will not quot suck quot in CDs but there IS power to the CD-RW will open and close How is this possible when the power is running THROUGH the CD-ROM to the CD-RW YES I ve tried uninstalling the priated software No change YES I ve detached the power cable and reattached it Nothing YES I ve switched Slave and Master Nada HELP I m desperate I have a new computer now and it came with a USB cable and software to transfer all my old junk to my new computer but I can t install the software on the old computer with a CD drive It seems I may have to resort to uploading all my precious files to the internet and downloading them here With my phone line capability and no DSL or Cable connection available in my area I m going to have quite a project on my hands CAN YOU HELP PLEASE Thank you Jennifer PS Sorry so long it s just how I am nbsp

Relevancy 52.46%

i recently discovered that my cd and cdrw drive no longer work. i went through some basic troubleshooting i.e. uninstalled and reinstalled both drives and there drivers( i also physically disconnected and reconnected them both, still same messages), tried upgrading drivers. even plugged my cd drive into secondary plug on the "ribbon" my hard drive is on. still get the following messages:Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39) also, after reinstalling them I get: there was a problem installing your hardware it may not work properly...does anyone have any more suggestions........p.s. when i disonnected and reconnected them to the motherboard, windows does see them and tries to install them.

A:cd drives dont work anymore!!

I think I would definitely try a System Restore back to a point where I knew the drives were being reconginzed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-drives-dont-work-anymore.441628/
Relevancy 52.46%

I have 2 or 3 USB flash drives which on other computers running XP or Win7 run the autorun.ini file present on the root directory and set the icon. My own desktop here does not do it, although it used to.

Both registry keys at HKEY_CURRENT_USER and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
have value 91 for d-word NoDriveTypeAutoRun

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer

Autoplay is of course on, but obviously its not the flash drives themselves
that are at fault here, as once inserted in other computers, autorun works fine.

I saw some old threads on this, but are closed.

Any ideas as to what else may be needed?
Thx
mary A.

A:[SOLVED] USB drives do not run autorun anymore

Re: USB drives do not run autorun anymore

I would like to have a look at the relevant entries in the Windows registry.

Step 1: Please export to text files, the contents of two registry keys:Click Start > Run
Copy and paste the following line of code in the open Run box

Code:
regedit /e C:\reg1.txt "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\Explorer"
Now click OK
Click Start > Run
Copy and paste the following line of code in the open Run box

Code:
regedit /e C:\reg2.txt "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\Explorer"
Now click OK

Step 2: Please post the contents of the two exported registry keys for us to look at:Double-click/Open My Computer and then navigate to C:\ drive
In there, you should see two files called reg1.txt and reg2.txt.
Double-click one of the files to open it with Notepad.Copy and paste the whole contents of that file in your next reply.

Repeat with the second text file, to include the contents of that file also in the same reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-usb-drives-do-not-run-autorun-anymore-614507.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I m experiencing a USB device problem I have two USB thumb drives of different brands that used to drives read anymore don't thumb USB work Now if I plug them in either front-side or back-side ports the computer tones beeps to let USB thumb drives don't read anymore me know that it recognizes them but neither drives auto-open nor are accessible via My Computer I know for sure that the drives work as they can be opened explored and formatted on other computers The device manager shows the Host Controllers and Root Hubs as working properly I ve looked for driver updates uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers manually uninstalled and allowed Windows to reinstall automatically on reboot and I ve tried disabling the USB on BIOS and re-enabling it on reboot The Disk Manager shows the USB thumb drives I ve tried reformating them there but a prompt informs me that is not possible because quot the partition or volume is not enabled quot Assigning drive names seems to do no good and I can t disk-check for error either What bugs me is that the drives work on other computers I would think it s a virus of some sort though that is improbable as I did a full scan and clean a few days ago Ideas nbsp

A:USB thumb drives don't read anymore

We really need the brand and model of the computer or motherboard.
Setup error on your computer. You may have changed something accidentally while working elsewhere. If your USB ports work for printers, scanners, and other components, you need to do a reset somewhere. You have done everything correctly.
If you haven't done this, go to your BIOS at startup, and see if there is something disabled... There will likely be something on one of the BIOS screens that must be enabled.
Or go to the motherboard manufacturers web site, and scroll through the online manual for that motherboard.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-thumb-drives-dont-read-anymore.66208/
Relevancy 52.03%

I have two external hard drives

Western Digital Extreme Lighted WDXC3200JBRNN 320GB 7200 RPM 8MB Cache USB 2.0 / IEEE 1394a External Hard Drive
Western Digital My Book Essential WDG1U5000N 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache USB 2.0 External Hard Drive

I find it hard to believe that both hard drives would not work, at the same time on me on my laptop. My 320GB gives me a "Device not recognize" error, while my 500GB just won't do anything besides the power light being on.

I find it very hard to believe that both drives would go out on me at the exact same time. I have no way of taking them out and testing them, and I have no extra computers to test them on.

Relevancy 51.17%

CD amp DVD drives don t have recording tabs Help OK here s what is going XP, CD's drives tabs can't 'Properties' lost anymore! DVD & burn in CD on Several weeks ago don t remember exactly when mid or late January I was fooling around amp installed some programs so I could convert songs from my phone to a format my computer could read Didn t work I uninstalled it Then a bit later I downloaded a program to ID music by playing it over speaker into the microphone to id a song Uninstalled it too I know one of these programs again don t remember told me to change my default record media from the drive to I think a virtual CD & DVD drives lost 'Properties' tabs in XP, can't burn CD's anymore! drive Anyway I think this is what has caused my problem which is I can no longer get CD-R s to burn I have a Dell DImension with Windows XP and when I try to use Media Player to burn songs CD & DVD drives lost 'Properties' tabs in XP, can't burn CD's anymore! to a CD it looks as if it is going thru the process but doesn t do it XP and media player recognize the drives and I can play CD s or DVD s just can t get the computer to remember that yes these drives are capable of recording Also when I put a blank CD-R into either drive they show under properties to be full and have CD & DVD drives lost 'Properties' tabs in XP, can't burn CD's anymore! no space left on them even though they are new When I go to properties on both drives there is no recording tab so I cannot enable recording I have Googled around and here is what I have tried to do to fix it I used the Microsoft site s suggestion to edit the registry and change the drive values from to or No help I made sure the IMAPI value in Admin Services was on automatic and I force started it No help I went back to the registry and deleted the high filters and low filters in the registry file related to the drives No help I uninstalled the drives in device manager logged off and logged on to reinstall but they already had No help I uninstalled the drives and immediately went to new hardware wizard It found them and installed them No help I reinstalled Nero my burning software No help I went back to Microsoft s site and used the automatic Fix It wizard but it said both drives were not capable of recording bogus since I ve burned I don t know how many CD s since I got this computer in mid I probably forgot some stuff since I have been at this all afternoon and evening but I m really frustrated Both drives were working great forever so I guess when I installed those programs I mentioned earlier it jacked up something I don t think I ve tried to burn any CD s since I got rid of both of those programs up until today when I discovered the problem Thing is I CAN T remember which program had me change the record or burn to feature I think it changed it from the E and D drive to something else but don t remember where or how Yeah I know it was stupid to not write it down and yeah I regret screwing with either program But I d really like some help here if anyone can I appreciate it nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cd-dvd-drives-lost-properties-tabs-in-xp-cant-burn-cds-anymore.144176/
Relevancy 51.17%

I am getting so sick of this computer I would consider myself to be a somewhat advanced computer user but I just have no idea whats goin on here Here s the problem I have a Compaq S OM which I have IDE IDE Whats Anymore, Wrong? one on Two Optical Run Chain Cannot Drives Hard Drives on one IDE Channel and on the other I have had IDE Optical Drives a DVD Burner and the DVD-ROM Drive that came in the computer The two optical drives worked for years then all the sudden they decided Cannot Run Two Optical Drives on one IDE Chain Anymore, Whats Wrong? to not work together I messed around for quite some time with it trying to get them to work together with no luck I dual boot with on being XP Pro w SP and the other being Windows PRO Both operating systems including the BIOS will not pick up on EITHER of the drives when they are hooked up on the chain together I went from Cable Select to choosing a master and a slave and even tried switching the IDE chains with the hard drives incase it was a Motherboard Issue however the Hard Drives still worked fine but the optical drives wouldnt fire up At that point I figured that it must have been something to do w the drive that came with the computer so I switched it out w a DVD-ROM that I had in another PC Voila This worked or so I thought About a week to a Cannot Run Two Optical Drives on one IDE Chain Anymore, Whats Wrong? week and a half later that drive started acting up and would occasionaly not read discs then lead to it not working with the burner as well So then I thought I d try the two DVD-ROMs togehter and they would not work together either It was this point that I went looking for firmware updates for the MOBO and I also completely formated my PC and am now running a clean install of Windows XP Pro and still none of the drives will work together I cant figure this out I have tried everything that I can think of but have gotten nowhere Hopefully someone here can help me out What could be the possible causes of my troubles Thanks in Advance Ronny nbsp

A:Cannot Run Two Optical Drives on one IDE Chain Anymore, Whats Wrong?

welcome to techspot.
your computer is oem (original equipment manufacturer) and there will be problems like this, with seemingly no cause. attempt operating them on seperate chains (attach one to the primary chain, with the boot hard drive as master)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-run-two-optical-drives-on-one-ide-chain-anymore-whats-wrong.25882/
Relevancy 51.17%

Something happened Not sure what caused it of three possibilities At the risk of writing a book I ll provide as much info as possible to assit in a diagnosis OS is Windows Server SP running AD DNS and DHCP with a DSL Router appx clients Running Raid Gb SCSI s Virtual Disk C Drive is Gb D Drive has balance at about GB Server is at gateway other IP s the server used to answer on were and Why not sure I didn t dig that deep Machines cannot ping :( work... anymore 2000 to not used Server...DNS Solved: the server or the gateway anymore and obiously no Internet Here s some of the errors I m getting in the event log The DNS server was unable to complete directory service enumeration of zone This DNS server is configured to use information obtained from Active Directory Solved: 2000 Server...DNS used to work... not anymore :( for this zone and is unable to load the zone without it Check that the Active Directory is functioning properly and repeat Solved: 2000 Server...DNS used to work... not anymore :( enumeration of the zone The DHCP BINL service has determined that it is not authorized to service clients on this network for the Windows domain The master browser has received a server announcement from the computer XP-JEFF-HYG that believes that it is the master browser for the domain on transport NetBT Tcpip C B F-DFB - The master browser is stopping or an election is being forced br WMI ADAP was unable to create object index for Performance Library InetInfo because no value was found in the subkey also have same error for SMTPSVC RSVP and NTDS br br Here s the things that have changed some may be the problem br Shut the entire network down to install an additional port switch autosensing and a port patch panel br Server was running out of space on C and for a number of reasons a resize was not in the cards so we moved and deleted stuff on C a couple of the things we moved were the i directory to D and the Inetpub directory br One of the client machines recently contracted an extortion type trojan quot download our program and your problem will go away quot br br From the research I ve done it seems that change above might be the culprit M says This behavior may occur if the IP address of the original DHCP server has changed br br Any help would be appreciated everybody comes back to work Monday img src styles default xenforo clear png class mceSmilieSprite mceSmilie alt eek title Eek eek br br I m not an AD Guru by any means and didn t think that putting a Patch panel another switch and actually wiring everything right would cause such a headache Who knows maybe it had nothing to do with it br br Thanx Mike FONT div class messageTextEndMarker nbsp div blockquote article div div class messageMeta ToggleTriggerAnchor div class privateControls span class item muted span class authorEnd a href members click class username author dir auto click a span a href threads solved- -server-dns-used-to-work-not-anymore title Permalink class datePermalink span class DateTime title Jul at PM Jul span a span div div class publicControls a href threads solved- -server-dns-used-to-work-not-anymore title Permalink class item muted postNumber hashPermalink OverlayTrigger data-href posts permalink a div div div id likes-post- div div li class message div class messageUserInfo itemscope itemscope itemtype http data-vocabulary org Person div class messageUserBlock div class avatarHolder span class helper span a class avatar Av m data-avatarhtml true img src styles default xenforo avatars avatar m png width height alt a div h class userText Sponsor h span class arrow span span span div div div class messageInfo primaryContent div class messageContent article blockquote class messageText ugc baseHtml ins class adsbygoogle style display inline-block width px height px data-ad-client ca-pub- data-ad-slot ins blockquote article div div li li li id post- class message data-author pinntech div class messageUserInfo itemscope itemscope itemtype http data-vocabular... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-2000-server-dns-used-to-work-not-anymore.595796/
Relevancy 50.74%

Good morning everyone am trying to describe my issue as good as possible so please bear with me Two days ago I went into a game of League of Legends a of boot doesn't drives sudden raid are anymore, Win7 all a on the swap to the loading screen I alt tabbed which then caused a bluescreen to happen It gave me the message KERNEL DATA INPAGE ERROR and asked me to check if I have any new hard- or software with the technical information STOP x A x xFFFFFFFFC D xFFFFF x Physical memory dump FAILED with status xc Over the course Win7 doesn't boot anymore, drives are a raid all of a sudden of the Win7 doesn't boot anymore, drives are a raid all of a sudden next days I've had a few bluescreens with the same message ran CHKDSK let it fix something and then had three following popups from Marvell Event Message WARNING Physical disk is plugged out INFO Physical disk is Win7 doesn't boot anymore, drives are a raid all of a sudden plugged in WARNING Physical disk is plugged out A restart solved the issue windows wanted to do an update which is fine by me however when it tried to restart it couldn't boot the OS A look into the BIOS gave me some insight on what happened It can still find both my SSD and my HDD however all of a sudden they're in a raid At first I was able to select the RAID as a boot priority but later on even that option vanished leaving me with only the following three as boot options Removable Dev USB TDK TF My USB stick with the windows ISO ATAPI CD-ROM My question is the following Is it the Raid that appeared all of a sudden Can I somehow undo it Are my drives damaged Because they do show up when I start up my PC I have uploaded the relevant images here picsurge com - Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated if you need any additional information feel free to drop me a message here

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/395053-win7-doesnt-boot-anymore-drives-raid-all-sudden.html
Relevancy 50.74%

How do i fix this?

I added my specs, just in case it helps. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate , 32 bit
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) XP 3200+, x86 Family 6 Model 10 Stepping 0
Processor Count: 1
RAM: 447 Mb
Graphics Card: Standard VGA Graphics Adapter, 2 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 76216 MB, Free - 64321 MB;
Motherboard: ASUSTek Computer INC., Kelut , 2.02, MB-1234567890
Antivirus: ESET NOD32 Antivirus 4.2, Updated and Enabled

A:My SD Drive doesn't work anymore and one of my usb drives wont read.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-sd-drive-doesnt-work-anymore-and-one-of-my-usb-drives-wont-read.971832/
Relevancy 48.59%

I'm reading on-line about Partition Magic version 7(which sould be delivered this afternoon) and I see that it won't work with "Windows 2000 dynamic drives".

What is that and what does that mean?

please

A:what are "windows 2000 dynamic drives"?

Dynamic Disks in Windows 2000

and

Windows 2000 Disk Management
basically, it's using the hard drives without running partitions on them. Read it.

Makes sense that Partition magic wouldn't work with it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-are-windows-2000-dynamic-drives.96773/
Relevancy 46.87%

I have mapped to a drive across domains by using the route add function using the -p to make the route persistent. My question is, How can I in Windows 2000 maintain a connection without having to re-enter the password everytime?

Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mapping-drives-win-2000.661943/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hello everyone, I need your help. I am running Win 2000 pro, as I was installing software everything was working fine. After I loaded NERO, I continued to install different software when I received a prompt to "insert a CD", this is on both drives ( e: & f ) . They both show that they are working .I have removed them and re-booted, but to no avail. I would greatly appreciate any advice you could provide, as I will need my computer for work.
Thank You.

Relevancy 46.44%

Has anyone seen where a drive on a 2000 server gets mapped many times over on a 2000 machine? For example, a desktop running 2000 has drives H: through Z: mapped to a drive named 'data' on the 2000 server. As I understand it, when the desktop is turned on, those drives aren't mapped. Just a few get mapped as expected (E: through G: for example). The other ones (H: through Z become mapped to 'data' after a short period of time while using the computer. Any ideas? Does it sound like Windows is doing this (via a setting or script) or would it be more likely some client software that is running on the desktop but access data on the server?

I did do a few searches on google and this forum but did not get any good results.

Any ideas? I would greatly appreciate any help.

Thanks

Relevancy 46.44%

Hello all,
I've recently removed a Trojan Horse (forgot to note down the name of it!), via 'Trojen Remover', which detected and recommended its 'Cleaning' - mensioning the file holding it as 'explore.exe';

I answered yes - and it answered - 'File removed' and reference to it from the registry also removed! Which was not what I wanted - UPS !!!

The problem now is that I am unable to access either of my CD or my DVD Drives. When I try I get the message 'folder has been moved'. URRR!

Also, all reference to them has also been removed from the system
control panal. In other words my OS - Win 2000 Pro - is saying in effect, they don't exist!

Can anyone figure out a way of correcting this problem.

Cheers all,
Ken.

Relevancy 45.58%

We have a medium size network with about desktops and servers Most of the desktops are windows Any new desktop that we have we are installing Windows XP Professional The main application these desktop are used for is CAD stations These machines connect to a mapped network drive the file server which contains drawing files sorted by year When a drawing needs to be updated the draftsman browses the network drive and loads the drawing onto the workstation Now to my problem There is a noticable difference in speed while browsing the vs Network XP Browsing 2000 Drives: Mapped network drives Browsing Mapped Network Drives: XP vs 2000 between Windows and windows XP XP takes longer when searching the network drive than the machines And in one rare example when an XP machine access the folder half the time it will stop responding and the process will need to be killed A machine accessing the same folder is almost instantaneous Are there some settings in XP that I can change to increase the speed of network browsing The XP and machines are comparable spec s The file server is Windows server and we are on a one domain network Thanks for any help you can provide nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/browsing-mapped-network-drives-xp-vs-2000.247943/
Relevancy 45.58%

I picked up an Optiplex GX270 computor from a buddy for free minus a harddrive. I want to give it to my young daughter so I picked up a small unused 13 gig harddrive(also free) and another friend installed Win NT 2000 Professional on it for me. The problem is there are 5 problem devices listed and makes it unusable for now. It lists Vidio controller, USB controller, Ethernet controller, PCI device, and MultiMedia controller all with error code 28. I assume code 28 is no drivers because when I go to properties for each it says "No drivers found". So the obvious question is "Where do I find the proper drivers?" and "How do I get them installed since I can't get online without the Ethernet connection?" I hope this isn't one of those impossible things to ask,lol. Thank you for any advise.

A:Drives needed to finish Win NT 2000 intallation

If the CD drive is working on the Optiplex GX270, you can download and burn a CD with the drivers on another computer that has internet access.

You can download the drivers directly from the Dell Web site:
http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/index.aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/drives-needed-to-finish-win-nt-2000-intallation.841920/
Relevancy 45.15%

Will someone please explain to me briefly what the difference is between all of these? Why would one want one over the other?

I guess that Windows 2000 is sort of like NT Workstation. If not, please tell me.

And what is the difference between Windows 2000 Server and 2000 Advanced Server?

A:{Advice Offered} - Windows 2000 Professional, 2000 Server, 2000 Anvanced Server--the difference?

Greetings

Win2K Professional is, indeed, just NT Workstation 5.0

The real difference between Win2K Server and Win2K Advanced Server is scalability. To quote a CNET article: "Three versions of the operating system will be available next week (it's an old article): Windows 2000 Professional, aimed at PCs and workstations; Windows 2000 Server, for file-and-print servers; and Windows 2000 Advanced Server, supporting clustering, which is a way of making several systems act as a single, more powerful computer.

To quote the FAQ from www.winmag.com:
Windows 2000 Professional is the workstation edition of Windows 2000. This is basically Windows NT Workstation 5.0, although Win2K Professional of course includes all of the new technologies for Win2K.

Windows 2000 Server/Advanced Server is the server edition of Windows 2000, which is designed to serve small- to mid-sized businesses and workgroups. Server supports up to 4GB of physical RAM and up to 4 processors per computer. Advanced Server supports up to 8GB of RAM and 8 processors per computer.

Windows 2000 Datacenter Server is designed for large businesses and computer clusters. Datacenter supports up to 32 processors per computer and up to 64GB of RAM, as well as built-in clustering and load-balancing features.

Is that what you wanted?

Cheers

------------------
Reuel Miller
Windows NT Moderator (yes, that does make me biased )

[email protected]

Every morning is the dawn of a new error...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/advice-offered-windows-2000-professional-2000-server-2000-anvanced-server-the-difference.29052/
Relevancy 42.57%

Hey.

Hello. Ok here is the problem I recently installed Windows 2000 aka Win2k Service Pack 3. Today I tried installing Trend Micro PC-Chillin 2000 for Win2k/NT OS. Everytime I run the install it gets almost complete and then it "rools back and cancels." Can somebody tell me why it does this? How to correct it? Plz somebody.

Here is the Cut & Paste from the Event Viewer.

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Service Control Manager
Event Category: None
Event ID: 7000
Date: 8/10/2002
Time: 4:35:43 PM
User: N/A
Computer: WIN2KASUSAS7333
Description:
The Trend NT Realtime Service service failed to start due to the following error:
The system cannot find the file specified.

-End-

Should I try removing Win2k SP 3?

Thank You For Your Asistance.

A:Trend Micro PC-Chillin 2000 - Can't Install - Windows 2000 Service Pack 3

Your event viewer show that it's installed but doesn't start because of a missing file. Was it installed before?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trend-micro-pc-chillin-2000-cant-install-windows-2000-service-pack-3.90777/
Relevancy 42.57%

Hello Sir,
Please guide me through the process of changing Administrator Password of Windows 2000 Server (Where SQL 2000 Server is running having Mixed mode Authentication, with blank SA password). I have once changed it from logon screen (by pressing ctrl+alt+del). But after that my SQL server stopped running (I had blank password for SQL). I couldnot fix the error.

Please tell me both the process, to be followed, while changing Windows 2000 Server password, when the SA password of SQL is (1) Blank (2) is not Blank. Please tell me is there any step to be taken in SQL 2000 Server, after changing the password of the Windows 2000 Server Administrastor?

With alot of good wishes and thanks in advance,

Barun Kumar Tiwari
INDIA

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/changing-windows-2000-runing-sql-2000-server-administrator-password.216532/
Relevancy 42.14%

I have installed outlook with my Windows Office 2000 disk. I am also using Windows 2000 Pro. I am logged in as Admin (default admin accout) and trying to run/setup outlook. It will not let me start outlook and tells me I need to be logged in as admin or have my admin do this for me. However, I am the admin trying to do this. What do I need to do to get this to work?

A:Running/Setup Outlook 2000 in Windows 2000

Simple, Login as an admin but in the local machine, not in the domain. You must be part of the local administrators in the local machine. Do it , 100% guaranteed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/running-setup-outlook-2000-in-windows-2000.30034/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi everyone A few days ago I suddenly couldn't update AVG anymore It always gives me an error telling me the connection with the server failed I also noticed that I can't connect Limewire P P program anymore and opening movie streams in Windows Media Player doesn't work anymore either I searched some forums for a solution and I found someone with a similar problem who also told he couldn't execute the quot cmd quot and quot regedit quot commands anymore anymore, AVG Can't update cmd regedit ... don't work anymore, and I tried it on my own computer and I can't run those things anymore either When I try executing them the explorer goes all weird and shuffles the program bars on the task bar I've manually downloaded the latest updates Can't update AVG anymore, cmd and regedit don't work anymore, ... for AVG installed them and did a full scan that didn't find a thing I also ran Can't update AVG anymore, cmd and regedit don't work anymore, ... AdAware which said I had some malware which I removed with it Then I also ran Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware which found some more malware so I removed it rebooted my pc but the problems still exist I'm hoping someone can help me with this problem because it's really anoying Here's my HijackThis log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT Can't update AVG anymore, cmd and regedit don't work anymore, ... MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Sygate SPF smc exeC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWService exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exeC Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software bin btwdins exeC Program Files Cisco Systems VPN Client cvpnd exeC WINDOWS system inetsrv inetinfo exeC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC Program Files Dell NICCONFIGSVC NICCONFIGSVC exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exec Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC Program Files Apoint Apoint exeC Program Files Dell QuickSet quickset exeC Program Files Adobe Adobe Acrobat Distillr Acrotray exeC Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exeC Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exeC Program Files Apoint Apntex exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BTTray exeC Program Files Outlook Express msimn exeC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC WINDOWS explorer exeC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC PROGRA AVG AVG avgnsx exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http breedband telenet beR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http games telenet be index phpR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http breedband telenet beR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http breedband telenet beR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Telenet InternetR - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localhost lt local gt R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName KoppelingenO - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO ClickCatcher MSIE ha... Read more

A:Can't update AVG anymore, cmd and regedit don't work anymore, ...

Hi Tom,Welcome to BC HijackThis forum. I am farbar. I am going to assist you with your problem.Please refrain from making any changes to your system (updating Windows, installing applications, removing files, etc.) from now on as it might prolong handling your log and make the job for both of us more difficult.Please download http://OTListIt2 by OldTimer.Save it to your desktop.Double click on the OTListIt2 icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.Type or copy and paste in the Custom Scans/Fixes section: drivers32Click Run Scan button.Two reports will open, copy and paste them to your reply:OTListIt.txt <-- Will be openedExtra.txt <-- Will be minimized[*]Tell me also if you have set a proxy server or you recognize these setting:R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyServer = 192.168.17.2:8080R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = 10.10.10.26;192.168.2.103;192.168.101.70;192.168.101.74;localhost;<local>[/list]

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/226154/cant-update-avg-anymore-cmd-and-regedit-dont-work-anymore/
Relevancy 41.28%

TRYING TO INSTALL OFFICE 2K PRO ON A WINDOWS 2K PRO MACHING AND I GET AN ERROR DURING THE INSTALL THAT SAYS INSERT THE DISK WITH THE SERVICE PAK FILES. IT WON'T LET ME CONTINUE AFTER THAT. IS THERE SOME FILES I CAN DOWNLOAD? THANKS

A:Office 2000: Installing on Windows 2000

Whoa, how 'bout that caps lock?

Do you have your Service Packs on Windows 2K installed (2 will cover 1 and 2)?

If not, what's your network setup? Are you sure you have administrative rights on the machine? Hard to say without more info...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/office-2000-installing-on-windows-2000.45606/
Relevancy 41.28%

Please help me someone I'll try to make this short but give you all the info I have a Dell Dimension running Windows Professional with Microsoft Office Prof My 2000/microsoft word 2000 help/windows problem started with Microsoft Word freezing after loading I'm able to load the program and even load a file then word freezes I have already updated amp run these programs in normal and safe mode Norton Antivirus Spybot Adaware No virus and all adware removed I've run CWShredder help/windows 2000/microsoft word 2000 amp have Spyware Blaster amp Zone Alarm running I've cleaned out my computer with CCleaner and it does not require defrag at this time As far as Microsoft Word goes it will run in safe mode and sometimes runs when I load it with the a switch but has also been freezing up when loaded on a switch I have renamed and deleted all NORMAL DOT files I have checked start-up folders in Word to remove files but there were no files to remove I have changed Word's registry Data key and Option key I have run detect amp repair in normal Word and in a switch mode I have run repair from add amp remove programs It still doesn't work I was preparing to remove amp reinstall when I decided to check for office updates I updated Microsoft Office with suggested updates from Microsoft I can't tell now what updates I loaded Now my problem is my CPU usage stays at a steady Now I don't know if this happened before or after I updated my computer I don't want to remove amp reinstall Office until I can get my CPU usage down Anybody please have any suggestions Here's my log from Hijackthis if it helps Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C winnt System smss exe C winnt system winlogon exe C winnt system services exe C winnt system lsass exe C winnt system svchost exe C winnt system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Program Files Common Files AOL ACS AOLAcsd exe C WINNT System CTsvcCDA exe C WINNT System svchost exe C Program Files Canon MultiPASS MPSERVIC EXE C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus AdvTools NPROTECT EXE C winnt system MSTask exe C WINNT system ZONELABS vsmon exe C winnt Explorer EXE C winnt wanmpsvc exe C winnt system svchost exe C winnt system devldr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Canon MultiPASS monitr exe C WINNT system fxredir exe C Program Files Canon MultiPASS MPTBox exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared WkUFind exe C Program Files Logitech MouseWare system em exec exe C Documents and Settings Claire S da Rosa My Documents hijack this Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program BackWeb- exe C Program Files America Online aoltray exe C PROGRA COMMON AOL EE AOLHOS EXE C PROGRA COMMON AOL EE AOLServiceHost exe C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger - L Program sprite exe C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger - L Program sprite exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C unzipped hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer http R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride www direcwaysupport com localhost lt local gt O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C DOCUME CLAIRE DAR MYDOCU HIJACK SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run ccRegVfy quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccRegVfy exe quot O - HKLM R... Read more

A:help/windows 2000/microsoft word 2000

Hello and Welcome to TSF

This will be moved to the proper location so you will get faster response

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/help-windows-2000-microsoft-word-2000-a-46445.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Can you run sfc /scannow using windows 2000 pro just like you would with Windows XP??

A:Solved: Windows 2000 pro-can you run sfc /scannow for 2000 pro like you do with XP?

Hi, Yes you can,

http://cc.uoregon.edu/cnews/summer2001/win2ksecurity.html

http://articles.techrepublic.com.com/5100-6346_11-5054709.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-2000-pro-can-you-run-sfc-scannow-for-2000-pro-like-you-do-with-xp.563452/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi All

Am I right in thinking that they are both pretty similar except that server has support for multiple processors and extra network related tools and facilities. The reason I ask is that if a piece of software works on Windows 2000 server, is it extremely likely that it will work on Windows 2000 professional too? As a bit of background information: I work for a small company which supplies temperature monitoring equipment which needs to be networked. I've been told that it has been tested on Windows 2000 server but not on Window 2000 professional.

Thanks

A:Windows 2000 professional and Windows 2000 server: same?

Yes, the OS are pretty much the same. The server edition supports more than 10 simultaneous connections (for file and print sharing) and supports network stuff as you said. But those differences could potentially break an application depending on what it does and how it interacts with the OS.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-2000-professional-and-windows-2000-server-same.611098/
Relevancy 40.85%

Im installing a brand new pc and I just downloaded all the latest fixes and patches for the OS and the Browser....except one, KB890923. Everytime I try to launch through Windows Update it says it cant do it. SO I attempted to download and run it manually and it states that the program is not a valid Win32 application....anybody else having this problem?

A:KB890923-Windows 2000-XP-cannot install on Windows 2000

I just checked my win2k sp4 system. It has that hot fix installed. I generally do installs and updates in this order; it gives the fewest problems / issues.

1 Install os
2 Update to sp4 unless your disk already has it
3 Install chipset / mb drivers
4 Update to DirectX9c
5 Install sound, nic, raid drivers as necessary
6 Install video driver
7 Update to IE6 sp1
8 Image the drive in case updates cause problems
9 Now run windows update and install all critical updates.

Now install apps and games

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/kb890923-windows-2000-xp-cannot-install-on-windows-2000.368150/
Relevancy 39.99%

About a month ago I used the built-in Windows recovery method to reinstall Windows I still had a few glitches from my original Windows installation and these have been resolved by the reinstall One thing I've noticed however is that I'm getting an error message whenever I try to install the definition update for Windows Defender Definitie-update voor Windows Defender - KB definitie - Fout x I already tried sfc scannow and it didn't find anything that required fixing I also tried anymore Windows Windows updates does Defender Update install not MicrosoftFixit msi and NetFxRepairTool exe because Googling the error message brought me the news that it was related to the NET framework To be clear I don't use Windows Defender right now I got Norton Security installed and it serves me well I know some people consider it a resource hog Windows Update does not install Windows Defender updates anymore but I've tried Avira as a recommendation by Tom's Guide and it was even worse My Norton still lasts over days so I have plenty of time if I want to replace it by then However I do want Windows to be fully updated and not having that update finished just stands out like a red ship in a sea of white I've considered that this error might be because of Norton but I didn't have issues before resetting Windows so I don't see why it would be Norton that suddenly throws a fit about it How do I fix this

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/windows-update-does-not-install-windows-defender-updates-anymore-1102394.html
Relevancy 39.99%

I have a portable with windows xp installed on together with pointsec security software. I decided to install windows 7 on an external e-sata harddisk to keep my work harddisk (xp) apart from my personal harddisk (windows 7).

Now I can't boot anymore with the internal windows xp because windows 7 seems to have overwritten some boot files on the internal HD altough I did tell windows 7 to only install on the external HD. I guess that windows 7 installs it's bootloader on the internal harddisk.

How I can I restore the original bootloader to the internal HD? Please note pointsec security software was installed on the internal harddisk. On the internal harddisk I only see the following files:
bootsect.bak
bootmgr
Boot [DIR]
System Volume Information [DIR]

Thank you,
J.

A:Installed windows 7 on e-sata, internal windows xp not booting anymore

Welcome to the sevenforums! JohnQM

The mbr or master boot record on the internal drive now points to the external eSata drive you have 7 installed on. In order to make the internal drive bootable again you would need the original hopefully bootable recovery disk or another XP disk of the same edition to boot upto the recovery console.

Rather then performing a repair install the "Fixboot" and "Fixmbr" commands are typed in at the command prompt type window once you log onto the XP preinstall in order to see the boot sector information and mbr entries rewritten. You first will need to unplug the external drive while powered down however to see this done.

The look at the root of the internal drive while booted in 7 should reveal any 7 boot files placed there if you have gone into the folder options view tab and unchecked the hide protected system files item to make them visible. Otherwise only the mbr entries were replaced by the 7 installer.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/91407-installed-windows-7-e-sata-internal-windows-xp-not-booting-anymore.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Cover sheet contains no sender information though it has been set up (company name, telephone number, etc)

- Windows 2000 SP3 in a domain environment
- Outlook 2000 in CW mode with only 3 services:
Fax Transport
Outlook Address Book
Personal Folder
- Using standard cover sheets

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/3-outlook-2000-and-windows-2000-fax.117372/
Relevancy 39.56%

I have windows 2000 and Outlook 2000 on several systems. I have the Windows taskbar is set to Autohide. I also have Outlook 2000 set to have a preview pane.
The problem is while outlook is displaying a Read Receipt the taskbar will not display when you move the mouse to the bottom of the screen. It works fine with any other message.
Has anyone experienced this problem or know what the solution may be?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-2000-and-outlook-2000.93432/
Relevancy 39.56%

Hi, Is there any program like PCAnywhere that I could use on my network to veiw other terminal screen "Real Time" without haveing to dial into them? I would like to do this over my network, not over the phone line. Thanx a lot for all your help.

Kermit

Relevancy 39.56%

No transport provider found if a cover sheet is selected to be
used. This happens on all users. Works fine if no cover sheet
selected. Happens only on a particular machine.

- Windows 2000 SP3 in a workgroup environment
Fax Transport
Outlook Address Book
Personal Folder
- Using standard cover sheets

A:#1 Outlook 2000 and Windows 2000 Fax

There are exactly 1 gazillion articles (hee hee) at Technet on:

Windows 2000 Fax

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/1-outlook-2000-and-windows-2000-fax.117370/
Relevancy 39.56%

No delivery message for successful fax if using a user account
other than administrator, even an account with administrator
permissions. If logged on as administrator, delivery messages
do appear.

- Windows 2000 SP3 in a domain environment
Fax Transport
Outlook Address Book
Personal Folder

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/2-outlook-2000-and-windows-2000-fax.117371/
Relevancy 39.13%

Recently I formatted all the hard drives on my Gateway MX6214 Notebook computer.

When I attempt to install Windows XP it says the Setup cannot continue because no hard drives were found.

Obviously, the hard drives are in working condition because I also checked with some bootable diagnostic tools and the hard drives are check. But now it seems the "internal?" drivers on the hard drives have also been deleted during the format, so WINXP cannot recognize during installation. Same goes for installation of the OS Ubuntu =/

I do not have the original diagnostic cd that came with the notebook.

Are there any solutions anyone can point me towards?

A:Formatted Hard Drives, Trying to install Windows XP but no recognition of hard drives

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/formatted-hard-drives-trying-to-install-windows-xp-but-no-recognition-of-hard-drives.727410/
Relevancy 39.13%

I cannot run windows anymore it won t boot I also am not able to Boot from CD at ALL At first I was so I booted the CD but when I realized I had to do a new install wipe my hardrive I decided to try startup repair first It went on for hours so I assumed it wasn t going to work so I restarted the computer Now when I turn on the computer windows doesn t even load it just freezes on a black screen after the Starting windows screen comes up When I try to boot from CD I even set boot priority to CD first It will tell me Windows is loading files and once that s done the Starting Windows Screen appears and it just freezes on that I have no idea what to do Please help EDIT Also just to note a while back I got a USB flash drive and spent an hour putting it in the front two USB ports and eventually they broke the will boot anymore not Windows metal inside So my computer always gives me a USB over current error And ever since that I have a common problem tends to happen when I hold the power button to shut off the computer where once the Dell screen comes up the one that says press F and F to boot menu and setup it just freezes there and the only way for me to get past it is if I turn off my power strip that the computer is connected to and back on Also after constantly turning off the computer trying to fix this problem I get a Disskete seek drive error ontop of the usb over current error whenever I try to boot from CD nbsp

A:Windows will not boot anymore

I think you have a hardware issue; probably multiple problems. I will move your thread to the Hardware forum, but my guess is that your computer will need hands-on repairs. Good luck.

If you get to where you can boot Windows, or at least the installation DVD, this can be moved back to the Windows 7 forum. Just click on Report and make the request.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-will-not-boot-anymore.946548/
Relevancy 39.13%

Hello I've been struggling with a virus rootkit since a few weeks but I can't get rid of it I've tried several malware scanners like Malwarebytes SUPERAntiSpyware Spyware Docter and I used my anti virus Bitdefender all updated I also used CCleaner However it doesn't seem to work after solving the threats which were found The problems are as followed - Cannot update windows error EFE - Cannot reach the windows anymore Can't update windows update website other websites work fine - Getting redirected to other websites when using firefox or IE redirected to fake antivirus scanners unknown search engines strange addresses with exe files - Often getting a message in windows telling me that the hostprocess for windows-services does not work anymore and that it will be closed - Often hearing a strange sound through my headphones squizing cracking sound Here is the DDS log DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Tim at on ma - - Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium GMT AV Bitdefender Antivirus On-access scanning enabled Updated C BB C-B ED- F -A C- BB SP BitDefender Antispyware enabled Updated B EC- D - F-BC - DB BDF SP Spybot - Search and Destroy disabled Outdated ED FAF- B F- B -ACA - E C DADBE SP Windows Defender enabled Updated D DDC A- F- FAE- E -DA C Can't update windows anymore ACF SP SUPERAntiSpyware disabled Updated A C- - e- F- E AC DA FW Bitdefender Firewall enabled F- E - A -A - D B F Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss C Windows system Ati evxx exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows System DriverStore FileRepository stwrt inf f ef STacSV exe C Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroup C Windows system SLsvc exe C Windows system Ati evxx exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows System DriverStore FileRepository stwrt inf f ef aestsrv exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor BDT BDTUpdateService exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Sensible Vision Fast Access FATrayMon exe C Program Files IDT WDM sttray exe C Program Files Citrix ICA Client concentr exe C Program Files BitDefender BitDefender bdagent exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Program Files Sensible Vision Fast Access FAService exe C Windows system PnkBstrA exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static MOM exe C Windows system PnkBstrB exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Program Files Common Files Protexis License Service PsiService exe C Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SeaPort SeaPort exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Sensible Vision Fast Access FATrayAlert exe C Windows System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroup C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files Common Files BitDefender BitDefender Communicator xcommsvr exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDWinSec exe C Program Files Citrix ICA Client wfcrun exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static CCC exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPHelper exe C Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtsvc exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files Windows Live Contacts wlcomm exe C Program Files BitDefender BitDefender vsserv exe C Windows System svchost exe -kbdx C Program Files Common Files BitDefender BitDefender Update Service livesrv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe ... Read more

Relevancy 39.13%

I updated my win8 to 8.1 version, and after I installed recommended updates for 8.1, my laptop restarted and from that time I cant log in anymore, when i type anything it says wrong password or username, but when i type correct it says Invalid pointer, and now i cant nothing, i cant even start in safe mode :/ sorry for my bad eng! Can any1 help me pls :/

Relevancy 39.13%

Before I ask this keep in mind this is not a hardware issue I can boot from DVDs and CDs without any problem so the drive is connected correctly and is still working fine The last couple weeks I have had random power failures in the area I live in so I suspect certain files on my PC may possibly be corrupted But at the same time I'm not sure if that's the cause of this problem About a week back my DVD drive suddenly DVD Seeing Drive Windows Not Anymore stopped working for Windows Not Seeing DVD Drive Anymore no apparent reason I put a disk in the drive heard it spin up and waited for the autorun prompt When it didn't show up I opened 'Computer' to manually access the disk and at this point noticed my DVD drive wasn't in the list Checking in Device Manager it shows my DVD drive I can't remember the exact model now but it's a Samsung drive shows up as TSSCorp------ in the list under DVD CD-ROM Drives but it has a yellow exclamation mark symbol on it stating the device is not working properly I first tried removing the drivers 'Uninstall' in Device Manager and restarted my PC upon startup still no drive and Device Manager still showed an error My next step was to try check with SFC in an elevated command prompt using SFC SCANNOW due to having certain customizations in Windows theme Start Orb NotePad etc it did find a few files to replace but still no luck with the DVD drive I'm reluctant to format and reinstall just to get a DVD drive working again especially considering I have no internet connection at home and all my Windows Live based local game profiles will be lost I've tried transferring them from one profile to the next doesn't work I booted off the Windows DVD to see if there was a 'Repair Install' option but I couldn't find anything that looked too helpful The closest I could find was a startup repair which didn't fix or change anything because my computer still starts up without any issues So is there anything else I can try and do to get my drive working again I'm running short of ideas here

A:Windows Not Seeing DVD Drive Anymore

Try this:

Your CD drive or DVD drive is missing or is not recognized by Windows or other programs
Your CD or DVD drive cannot read or write media
The CD drive or the DVD drive does not work as expected on a computer that you upgraded to Windows Vista

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/98693-windows-not-seeing-dvd-drive-anymore.html
Relevancy 39.13%

Okay... so I has computer (obviously) ...aaaand... it used to work fine... but recently I had a problem with some virus or trojan or something... I managed to remove it though... but when I tried to log back into windows after a restart... the keyboard stopped working... it works when the computer is starting up (like when getting into the setup/boot menus and such...) but not on the login screen... so... I cant do ctrl + alt + delete...
Mouse works... eeeverything works... but the keyboard...
Which is a USB keyboard by the way

So yeah... can anyone help? D:

..please?

A:Help! Can't login to Windows anymore! D:

Make sure all usb functions are enabled in your bios...save and exit.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/help-cant-login-to-windows-anymore-d-388186.html
Relevancy 39.13%

hello!

yesterday i downloaded a file, which, well, was not really safe to download, and after my antivirus told me that it was safe to open i opened it: after 2 clicks of the mouse on that file the pc switched off!!
i switched it on again, and i tried every possible way to access windows (normal mode, safe mode....) but every time i arrive at the login page, i put the password, and when the desktop is charging the screen becomes blue, saying that there is a problem and, for the safety of the pc, the pc will be restarted. 6-7 seconds later the pc restarts!

help!
any idea of what this virus is and how to solve it??

if i will have to format it, is there any way to save all my files in windows?

thank you very much to everyone!

A:windows does not start anymore

It would probably be best if a moderator moved this to the Malware forums and you worked on the issue that way. If for some reason it's determined that it would be best to re-install or format, we can help you with step to recovering your important files.

Start by reading this thread:
NEW INSTRUCTIONS - Read This Before Posting For Malware Removal Help

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-does-not-start-anymore-548596.html
Relevancy 39.13%

Hello all not sure I'm in the right forum but whatever I'm running a dual boot system with Slackware Linux and Windows Ultimate -bit Using the LILO boot manager to switch load 7 anymore won't Windows between things Everything was working fine just did a fresh install of both OS's I was fiddling around under windows in disk manager because I essentially needed to created a new partition because I had split my gig hdd into the following gig for Windows gigs for Slackware and the rest for NTFS data I had not set up that final partition which was what i was doing under disk management So i set it up as NTFS and say ok then all my partitions switched from blue to orange and it assigned some drive letters to my linux paritions OS and the Swap which it had not done previously as expected Now being the old tech that I am i didn't take the time to read any messages that popped up as well windows does that a lot so so i don't remember if anything popped up before or after this happened Now Windows 7 won't load anymore the big problem i reboot my system Linux works fine and I can access the windows partition no problem and even modify things in it Then i load windows again and it just hangs at the quot Windows Loading quot screen all black with white text It's not frozen as the little cursor is blinking But it just hangs there If anyone has any idea what happened and if there's a fix it would be a great help I really don't feel like re-installing Also if anyone can tell me what process that part of the bootup sequence is i e NTKRNL exe NTDETECT com etc guys at microsoft thought it was a good idea to redo rename all of that again Also if anyone could point me where the equivalent of the boot ini would be that is if they had the brilliant idea to put one in Well that pretty much sums it up Cheers

A:Windows 7 won't load anymore

I am not familar with old technology like Linux, but Windows 7 will configure the boot menu correctly when installed last and if drives other than OS's are unplugged in case one is wrongly marked active.

When Win7 has its boot sidetracked, it is normally recoverable by booting into the Win7 installer Repair console and running Startup Repair repeatedly, in case there are multiple issues. All former command fixes are automated there.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/37650-windows-7-wont-load-anymore.html
Relevancy 39.13%

Hello,

I have a Dell Latitude laptop
and eveytime I start it and when Windows XP
tries to load---a blue screen comes up that says,

" autochk program not found - skipping AUTOCHECK"
and then it goes to another screen that says something like,
" STOP c0000021a { fatal system error}
the session manager initialization system process terminated
unexpectedly with a status of oxc000003a (0x00000000 0x00000000).
the system has been shut down"

and after that it just reboots and does the same thing over and over
unless it's shut down--this happened after I was trying to upgrade
windows media player---and i had to reboot after--but it hasn't been the same since. Can anyone please please help me

sincerely,

jwaters

A:windows xp won't load anymore

Supposedly, this is a hidden partition problem, check here for more info.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-wont-load-anymore.754938/
Relevancy 39.13%

My computer had a little problem with it a couple of days ago and I thought that I could fix it by doing a quot SYSTEM RECOVERY quot on my computer Windows Not boot XP Will anymore!! because it worked before Well I did the system recovery and it seemed to be working just fine until I clicked on quot Finish quot Then after that it seemed to take a really long time Will Not boot Windows XP anymore!! to load then it went to a blackish gray screen and there was Will Not boot Windows XP anymore!! just a little error message that says quot The System is Not Fully Installed Please Run Setup Again quot Then I click quot OK quot on the error message and it re-boots my computer and then says it is loading Windows but then it just goes to the same error message EVERYTIME I have tried pressing F while booting and I have did the System Recovery again by doing so and it does the same thing Please help me out I really really would appreciate it Thank you all so much nbsp

A:Will Not boot Windows XP anymore!!

I would check to see if my restore disk could do an XP repair...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/will-not-boot-windows-xp-anymore.385016/
Relevancy 39.13%

I'm using a brandnew ASUS PRO64JQ laptop, received it 3 days ago. It has Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit and it says it has been activated in the System control panel. I did not do that, the shop I bought it from did that so I don't have my key.

Yesterday and today everytime I shut down it needed to install updates. The shutting down goes quite fast, but when I boot up it just gets stuck at 0% for a few minutes, and then goes further with the message "Failure configuring Windows Updates, reverting changes".

I've checked the update history, and you can view it in the attachments. As you can see it first worked perfectly, but after a day or so it just stopped working.....

A:Windows can't update anymore

Reset windows update: Windows Update - Reset

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/115621-windows-cant-update-anymore.html
Relevancy 39.13%

hello!

yesterday i downloaded a file, which, well, was not really safe to download, and after my antivirus told me that it was safe to open i opened it: after 2 clicks of the mouse on that file the pc switched off!!
i switched it on again, and i tried every possible way to access windows (normal mode, safe mode....) but every time i arrive at the login page, i put the password, and when the desktop is charging the screen becomes blue, saying that there is a problem and, for the safety of the pc, the pc will be restarted. 6-7 seconds later the pc restarts!

help!
any idea of what this virus is and how to solve it??

if i will have to format it, is there any way to save all my files in windows?

thank you very much to everyone!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/windows-does-not-start-anymore-548616.html
Relevancy 39.13%

I have Windows XP Pro and 1 GB of RAM on my work computer. What often happens is that I'll will be opening up many separate IE and explorer windows and after I open about 30 windows my computer will not let me open any more. (If I try to open one more IE window the computer does not respond). I suspected that I had run out of virtual memory but when I check the task manager I still have more than 50% free on the page file and over 30% free on the physical memory. So my question is: Does Windows XP limit the total amount of windows you can open on your desktop even if you have available memory? Or is something else going on with my computer?

A:Can't open anymore windows

Blood Elemental said:

I have Windows XP Pro and 1 GB of RAM on my work computer. What often happens is that I'll will be opening up many separate IE and explorer windows and after I open about 30 windows my computer will not let me open any more. (If I try to open one more IE window the computer does not respond). I suspected that I had run out of virtual memory but when I check the task manager I still have more than 50% free on the page file and over 30% free on the physical memory. So my question is: Does Windows XP limit the total amount of windows you can open on your desktop even if you have available memory? Or is something else going on with my computer?Click to expand...

Well i found this. Won't do any harm to take a look at it.

Many open windows tweak

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-open-anymore-windows.547680/
Relevancy 39.13%

I've got this problem. For a while now, While I've been on my computer, windows just reboots. The reboots started becoming more and more annoying until I asked for help from bleeping computer:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic466596.html/page__st__45__gopid__2830160#entry2830160

Then things got worse. Now I have to boot in safe mode, or else my computer shows... Nevermind, for further information look in the thread and ask me if you need explanation. Please, hurry, I will have no computer for a day starting in a few hours cuz i'm going somewhere and I really want to show my friend something in my computer that I can't show him in safe mode.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-boot-windows-7-normally-anymore.1067792/
Relevancy 39.13%

I recently left my PC in my flat for the summer and when I came back to it weeks later to turn it on Windows XP wouldn t boot up I turned on the PC and the Windows XP Home loading screen came up but it was all funny colours and then after that screen where it usually asks me for my password the screen just went black except for some strange lines of colours across the screen At first I thought it was the monitor but I have since tried that on someone else will anymore. Windows not up boot s PC The PC will now occasionally boot up in Safe Mode but that only happens once every trys or so and when it does it still has the strange colour scheme all over the monitor I have no idea what could possibly be wrong whether Windows will not boot up anymore. it be a loose connection in the machine or something Any sort of help on whats wrong will be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Windows will not boot up anymore.

Well, if it's not the monitor, it's probably the graphics.
Do you use a graphics card or intergrated geaphics?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-will-not-boot-up-anymore.275997/
Relevancy 39.13%

By reading this you are helping to stop a homicide which us, cant Pop update anymore windows I am minutes away from no doubt commiting I just reformatted my computer because I received something similar and as soon as I Pop us, cant update windows anymore got back up andrunning to where I was Ive got this little nasty Nothing in years then in week Crazy Below Pop us, cant update windows anymore is my hijack this log I am getting non stop popups which are getting more agressive and now teaming with alert boxes I also cannot update windows any longer Please help Thanks Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System Pop us, cant update windows anymore svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMTray exe C WINDOWS system Rundll exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Windows Media Player WMPNSCFG exe C Program Files Mirra Mirra Client exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMAgent exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe c program files mirra mirra service exe C WINDOWS system WBEM WMIADAP EXE C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page about blank R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local O - Toolbar Adobe PDF - -D C - - FA - E EAAC - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - HKLM Run Smapp C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMTray exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run cca c rundll exe quot C WINDOWS system bodgcugv dll quot b O - HKLM Run BM ff Rundll exe quot C WINDOWS system yxvuhjcy dll quot s O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run WMPNSCFG C Program Files Windows Media Player WMPNSCFG exe O - Global Startup Mirra lnk O - Extra context menu item Convert link target to Adobe PDF - res C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll AcroIECapture html O - Extra context menu item Convert link target to existing PDF - res C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll AcroIEAppend html O - Extra context menu item Convert selected links to Adobe PDF - res C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll AcroIECaptureSelLinks html O - Extra context menu item Convert selected links to existing PDF - res C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll AcroIEAppendSelLinks html O - Extra context menu item Convert selection to Adobe PDF - res C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll AcroIECapture html O - Extra context menu item Convert selection to existing PDF - res C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll AcroIEAppend html O - Extra context menu item Convert to Adobe PDF - res C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll AcroIECapture html O - Extra context menu item Convert to existing PDF - res C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll AcroIEAppend html O - Extra button Bonjour - F DB C-E - ca -A D-ACC - C Program Files Bonjour ExplorerPlugin dll O - Extra button no name - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - C WINDOWS Network Diagnostic xpnetd... Read more

A:Pop us, cant update windows anymore

Hello and Welcome to TSF.

Please Subscribe to this Thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant notification by email, then click Add Subscription.

Please note that the forum is very busy and if I don't hear from you within three days this thread will be closed.

Please copy this page to Notepad and Save it to your Desktop in order to assist you when carrying out the following instructions.

Before beginning the fix, read this post completely. If there's anything that you do not understand, kindly ask your questions before proceeding.
Ensure that there aren't any opened browsers when you are carrying out the procedures below.

It is IMPORTANT that you don't miss a step & perform everything in the correct order/sequence.

------------------------------------------------------

Please note that these fixes are not instantaneous. Most infections require more than one round to properly eradicate.

Please stay with me until given the 'all clear' even if symptoms seemingly abate.

Kindly follow my instructions and please do no fixing on your own or running of scanners unless requested by a helper.

Please explain why this computer has no antivirus program installed and running. This is an open invitation for infection.

It can take as little as eight seconds to infect an unprotected computer.

Please keep this computer offline except when downloading tools and posting in the forum until we get one installed.

Please download ComboFix and Save it to your Desktop.

**Note: It is important that it is saved directly to your desktop**

First, we need to install the Windows Recovery Console.

The Windows Recovery Console will allow you to boot up into a special recovery(repair) mode, if needed. This allows us to help you in the case that your computer has a problem after an attempted removal of malware. It is a simple procedure that will only take a few moments of your time.

Download the file from this Microsoft page:

For XP Home >> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

For XP Pro >> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

Do not be concerned that this file is for SP2 and you have SP3. It will work just fine on your system.

Save it as it is originally named to your Desktop.

Now close all open windows and programs, including all antivirus and antispyware programs. Get help here

Then drag the setup package onto ComboFix.exe and drop it. Follow the prompts to start ComboFix and when prompted, agree to the End-User License Agreement to install the Recovery Console.

As part of installing the Recovery Console, ComboFix will begin to run. Your desktop may disappear. This is normal. It will return.

ComboFix will now automatically install the Windows Recovery Console onto your computer, which will show up as a new option when booting up your computer. Do not select the Windows Recovery Console option when you start your computer unless requested to by a helper.

Once the Recovery Console is installed, this blue window will appear:

Please continue as follows:
Close/disable all antivirus and antispyware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix. Get help here
Please click Yes to continue scanning for malware.
When the tool is finished, it will produce a log for you.

Please post that log, ComboFix.txt along with a new HijackThis log so we may continue cleansing the system.

Open HijackThis and click on 'Do a System Scan and Save a Logfile'. Save the logfile and post it here.

Please close HijackThis now.

Go to Start > Run ... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/pop-us-cant-update-windows-anymore-298337.html
Relevancy 39.13%

After some tinkering I ve run into a problem Windows set up all the Windows files in C but as that was partition on my Windows HDD don t ask it setup partition with the boot ini stuff So its booting off partition loading boot ini which points to partition Anyhow I reconnected my Ubuntu drive the Windows anymore isn't booting other day I went into the BIOS and told it to boot the Ubuntu drive with a higher priority After changing a Windows isn't booting anymore few numbers in my grub menus file I was back onto my Ubuntu install which was great Today I wanted to boot back into Windows Windows isn't booting anymore Using Grub didn t work for some reason it just hanged when I tried to boot off any of the partitions No matter I thought the HDD wasn t touched I ll just set it as top priority Windows isn't booting anymore in the BIOS again But alas when I rebooted I was greeted with a frozen Windows boot screen It had a timeout of second and had automatically selected the second don t know why it chose the second option of two in this mythical boot ini I didn t know existed Windows default and Windows default My normal boot ini defines Windows XP Professional and only one option so this was bizarre Neither of the options worked not in safe mode anything I tried disconnecting the Ubuntu drive reordering the cables everything It wouldn t work I got desperate and threw in my XP disc I went into the recovery mode and due to drive letter ordering it assigned my System drive partition which is normally C when I m in Windows the letter D Its only option to choose which Windows version to fix was D Windows I stupidly chose it and ran a fixmbr and fixboot After that it told me my boot was corrupt and it wouldn t even greet me with the strange boot ini options menu Now I m back on Ubuntu lost frustrated and getting desperate Because of my repeated rebooting restarting Ubuntu will no longer mount the partitions as read write only read only because the NTFS partitions were not shut down properly I need to get back onto Windows to fix that shutdown properly I can t do that until I fix this strange boot problem and I want my Windows back Sorry for how long and confusing this might be but I NEED HELP Thankyou in advance nbsp

Relevancy 39.13%

Hi guys,

just got my new laptop and I'm loving vista.

windows + tab is a really cool feature but it has recently stopped working for me.

alt + tab works fine, but when I hit windows + tab it acts as if I'm just hitting the tab key

I know the windows button is still functioning properly because windows + d still takes me to the desktop.

I don't recall changing any settings that would effect this, but maybe I'm wrong.
Do any of you have a possible fix for this problem?

A:windows + tab not working anymore

I know it may be obvious but have you turned windows aero off?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-tab-not-working-anymore.609349/
Relevancy 39.13%

Hello guys,

After running windows update on win8 it asked me to reboot, after applying the updates upon reboot i get a black screen where I should get the login screen.

Also if I try to press F8, it displays "getting options..."(or something like that) and when it should load the options screen I get just a black empty screen that stays there forever.

Another funny thing is that my dual boot is gone, i cannot boot back to my win7 so i have pretty much an unusable computer...

thanks for any help

A:Cannot boot in Windows 8 anymore

Try run the Recovery options from the DVD:
http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials...ndows-8-a.html

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/2446-cannot-boot-windows-8-anymore.html
Relevancy 39.13%

Hey Everyone,

So here is my problem. I recently deleted a partition on my second hard-drive that had Linux on it. Now my windows won't boot. I found out that my MBR got corrupted some how through deleting the partition. I tried using windows repair, but its not even detecting windows 7 on the HD. I tried going to ASUS to DL the drivers to load up but nothing is working. I am not sure what to do here. Anyone know if maybe i need to mess with the bios or is there a specific driver to load up in repair.

A:Can't Boot Windows 7 anymore!!!!

Try this:

Quote:
MBR
boot to the windows install disk, and at the install now menu type shift+f10
then type the following commands one at a time and press enter after each one:

bootrec /fixboot
bootrec /fixmbr
bootrec /rebuildbcd
exit

then shut down, restart and your problem will be solved

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/119750-cant-boot-windows-7-anymore.html
Relevancy 39.13%

hello everyone,

Windows 7 is crashing... i don't know what to do anymore. i've uninstall some applications update some drivers, fix some potential errors that could cause the crashes and nothing. i still have the w7 crash on startup, or when it come form the sleep more, or sometimes even when i close it.

what can be the problem and how can i fix it?

thanks

A:Windows 7 is crashing...i don't know what to do anymore

Quote: Originally Posted by ANT

hello everyone,

Windows 7 is crashing... i don't know what to do anymore. i've uninstall some applications update some drivers, fix some potential errors that could cause the crashes and nothing. i still have the w7 crash on startup, or when it come form the sleep more, or sometimes even when i close it.

what can be the problem and how can i fix it?

thanks

hi Ant

this bsod was caused by your atheros wifi driver. suggest you reinstall the driver.the driver date is from 2006 and a driver this old is bound to cause problems.
Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.11.0001.404 X86
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\K\Desktop\100809-19843-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

Symbol search path is: SRV*d:\symbols*Symbol information
Executable search path is:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7600 MP (2 procs) Free x86 compatible
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS
Built by: 7600.16385.x86fre.win7_rtm.090713-1255
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0x8284c000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0x82994810
Debug session time: Thu Oct 8 02:00:34.640 2009 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:00:25.406
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 100000B8, {8297f280, 855b2d48, 82972fd0, 0}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\athr.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for athr.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for athr.sys
Probably caused by : athr.sys ( athr+29ff8 )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

0: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

ATTEMPTED_SWITCH_FROM_DPC (b8)
A wait operation, attach process, or yield was attempted from a DPC routine.
This is an illegal operation and the stack track will lead to the offending
code and original DPC routine.
Arguments:
Arg1: 8297f280, Original thread which is the cause of the failure
Arg2: 855b2d48, New thread
Arg3: 82972fd0, Stack address of the original thread
Arg4: 00000000

Debugging Details:
------------------
FAULTING_THREAD: 8297f280

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT

BUGCHECK_STR: 0xB8

PROCESS_NAME: System

CURRENT_IRQL: 2

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from 828b38c7 to 828b3966

STACK_TEXT:
82972a20 828b38c7 85977970 82975d20 85977998 nt!KiSwapContext+0x26
82972a54 828b7785 82975d20 00000000 00000001 nt!KiExitDispatcher+0x140
82972a8c 828886c0 fff0bdc0 ffffffff 00000000 nt!KiSetTimerEx+0x7a
82972aac 884366ad 85977970 fff0bdc0 ffffffff nt!KeSetTimerEx+0x1c
82972ad0 8f45dff8 85977960 fff0bdc0 ffffffff ndis!NdisSetTimerObject+0xa2
WARNING: Stack unwind information not available. Following frames may be wrong.
82972af4 8f4b49f7 85a54e08 00000064 85a54e08 athr+0x29ff8
82972b08 88436774 00000000 85a54e08 00000000 athr+0x809f7
82972b38 828b604d 85977998 00977960 a6916d6a ndis!ndisMTimerObjectDpc+0xbc
82972b7c 828b5ff1 82975d20 829... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/28255-windows-7-crashing-i-dont-know-what-do-anymore.html
Relevancy 39.13%

I have been using Windows without issues or at least no issues that cause me to be at a downer like this one since I started using Windows This is the biggest and windows Can't my anymore boot most situation I been Can't boot my windows anymore in I need your help My last option is re-installing Windows but I'm sure that this is not required to fix my issue It all started today around PM now hours or so ago when I was backing up my C drive with the program Macrium Reflect FREE Edition - Information and download It froze for some brief moment the first time I switched been my admin account and user account but the second time I was done for I had my cursor visible and a black screen and that is not changing for hours Why did I do this Because I was trying to fix I tried enabling hibernate function but no luck So this is all related I think I should never have switched between accounts and let the system take the backup I was doing Anyway when I try to start up I got now through advanced booting status oxc e My boot system is messed up I'm now using my windows disc and Rajan Computer Blog How to Create a Clean BCD file to fix Windows Boot problem Some of these commands don't work I got a system repair disk of February but I had no luck using that I got a backup made some days ago on a remote hard drive I got a system image made some tome ago but all of these I cannot use It doesn't list them and I don't know how to use them with my situation So how to rebuild BCD properly I can run some commands in CMD with success but not all of them I've also seen the very detailed guide here of quot Troubleshooting Windows failure to start quot but couldn't make much sense out of it that applies to my situation I also cut out of the boot folder the program macrium in the hopes with that no longer affecting boot and me fixing the boot program the issue being resolved xd

A:Can't boot my windows anymore

General Rules;

3) No spamming, advertising, selling, or promoting products or other sites.

Here is a copy of the rules.

Windows 7 Help Forums - Forum Rules

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/336267-cant-boot-my-windows-anymore.html
Relevancy 39.13%

after i tried to extract something my computer just shut down on my and i cant get into windows anymore not even safe mode its all funny now when i try to get into windows it just either gets stuck on the loading screen forever or restarts automaticly which happens the majority of the time i am pretty sure the thing didn t contain any viruses but im not sure while it was extracting there were a few windows cant start anymore.... files that were corrupted but i didnt click on the quot break operation quot button i didnt think it could harm my computer so badly sometimes it wont even start up right and i just get a blank screen i have windows XP using a GB seagate HDD im getting all sorts of error messages so far i got IRQL NOT LESS OR cant start windows anymore.... EQUAL x E usbhub sys x A and some others i tried the restore with the chkdsk r once but i got a blue screen doing it so far im not lucky enough to get to that screen again where cant start windows anymore.... i can press r to restore if i cant fix this do you guys think it possible to transfer some of the files i have on this HDD cant start windows anymore.... to another one without damaging the other one i dont want to lose all the files i have on it nbsp

Relevancy 39.13%

5 seconds after i turn on my comp, it says
NTLDR is missing
press ctl + alt + del to restart

and obviously, the restart doesn't work

im using my brother's comp for now, but i need mine fixed asap
thx

A:Windows won't start anymore

Quote:

Originally Posted by Like Butta

5 seconds after i turn on my comp, it says
NTLDR is missing
press ctl + alt + del to restart

and obviously, the restart doesn't work

im using my brother's comp for now, but i need mine fixed asap
thx

NTLDR is the system file for Windows XP that locates all the other files required for bootup. If you can't find it, you need boot from the Windows XP installation disc and select the Repair option.

Let me know if this doesn't work for you.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-wont-start-anymore-108976.html
Relevancy 39.13%

Hello I m having a problem with booting into my Windows I have HDDs Disk A has a size of TB while disk B is GB Disk A has partition with Windows x installed I ve been using it for months now without any problems Disk B has partitions Both partitions were empty though they were both formatted one being gb and the other one being gb Now I installed Windows XP on the gb partition Disk B thinking it wouldn t give any problems as both OS were on different hdds After I installed Windows XP I couldn t boot into Windows anymore I selected Disk A to be the first boot device in the 7 boot Windows anymore into Can't BIOS but it still wouldn t boot into Windows I forgot what it actually said when I boot though stupid me Booting into the newly Windows XP didn t give any problems Then I tried to fix it by installing the Boot Manager of Paragon Partition Manager stupid me again I obviously installed it inside Windows XP the gb partition of Disk B I tried to boot into Disk A with Windows again now it loaded the Paragon Boot Manager It only shows quot Windows XP quot and nothing happens when I press enter I really don t get how this happened since I installed the Paragon Boot Manager on Disk B but it appears when I try to boot into Disk A Then I tried to repair it by using the Windows installation disk I tried quot Repair Startup Problems quot or something along Can't boot into Windows 7 anymore those lines It hasn t seemed to change anything Then I went into the command prompt while booting the Windows Installation disk again I ran quot bootsect nt D quot but that too hasn t changed anything So current status Booting into Disk A gives Paragon Boot Manager which is useless Booting into Disk B gives Windows XP like it should Here s my Disk Management I really hope that someone can help nbsp

A:Can't boot into Windows 7 anymore

When you do something like that you set XP to blow away the Windows 7 mbr unknowingly.
You need to install the older OS first so that Win 7 would have booted both. Use of Vista BootPro should boot them both if Paragon didn't destroy the Win 7 partition. I don't trust anything they make after a few beta tests really went south on me.
http://www.vistabootpro.org/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-boot-into-windows-7-anymore.911436/
Relevancy 38.7%

Hi! I would appreciate some help. I had the msblaster worm, I have patched and cleaned it up. My norton runs every hour and I have come up clean. Now, when I am on my windows xp screen I am getting grey messages, many are inappropriate for my kids! I installed a pop killer, but now all my link windows are not maximized like before and I have to maximize them. I removed the pop up killer thru the add/remove program but I still have a spyblaster program installed. How do I get my link window to pop up maximized like before. I did try to run a scan /restore off the command prompt, but it would not let me. Thank you in advance! Diane

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-link-windows-are-not-maximized-anymore.155677/
Relevancy 38.7%

hey, i've been trying to install a software so i can transfer music from my pc to my cell phone, downloaded p2kman and installed it, but the computer does not recognize when i plug in the cell from a usb cable, tried to install it with the driver that came in the p2kman, unplugged the usb and when plugged it back, the computer will not read it, as if nothing was being plugged in.... what can i possibly do?

A:Windows Xp Does NOT read usb device anymore

plug it in to the pc and navigate to device manager and see if you have any bright yellow question marks or exclamation points. start - right click my computer - click properties - click the hardware tab - click on device manager

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-does-not-read-usb-device-anymore.367329/
Relevancy 38.7%

i am only able to shrink it 10gb! but i need more for what i want i have disabled and deleted page file, disabled hibernate and did every single trick! what can i do? I am pretty sure i cant use gparted on linux because it will make it unbootable correct?

A:Can't shrink windows 7 partition anymore

Hello jeremyleroy96.

Have a look at the tutorial at the link below and post up a snip of disk management.

A Preferred Method of Uploading/Posting Screen Shots

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/68287-cant-shrink-windows-7-partition-anymore.html
Relevancy 38.7%

When selecting restart from start menu PC begins process then after a blue screen saying windows is restarting a window pops up with only a button to shut off PC and just sets there until i press shut off PC. So cant use restart for some reason.
Thanks any help would be appreciated.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/441606-windows-10-cant-restart-my-pc-anymore-only-shut-off.html
Relevancy 38.7%

Hello,

Today i logged in to my computer and a popup saying that my windows is not genuine came up. I was very confused as i have been using this same computer and windows for more than 3 and half years now. Im using an OEM version of windows but i havent had any hardware changes in the computer. I think it might be cause of a failed installation of Windows 10 as i did try to install it to my PC about a month ago. Also i do not have the original activation key.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/382408-windows-7-deactivated-itself-not-genuine-anymore.html
Relevancy 38.7%

Hello,

I have windows xp home on partition named C:
I have recently installed windows 7 on another partition L: of the same drive.

I had this configuration running perfectly for some time, with the bootloader asking me to choose between the two system on start-up.

It has been sometimes since I haven't reused windows 7 and didn't realize that the bootloader menu was not shown anymore on start-up. I believe I might have restored couple of weeks ago the xp partition with a back-up which was anterior to windows 7 parallel installation.

Now I do not have the choice on the startup and xp loads automatically. Anyone has a solution to restore the bootloader choice on startup?
I have browsed the whole web without being able to find any fix at all!
Many thanks

A:bootloader not shown anymore with xp and windows 7

It would seem that...repairing the Win 7 install is all that it should take...if you can do so.

If not, then a repair of the Win 7 install ought to take care of it (IMO).

The Win 7 bootloader should supercede the XP bootloader, giving you a choice. But the XP bootloader (which seems to be the only installed/working properly) cannot recognize the Win 7 install, so it cannot give you a choice.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/232291/bootloader-not-shown-anymore-with-xp-and-windows-7/
Relevancy 38.7%

I've only had my new computer with Windows 7 for just over a week and it won't work anymore. It goes into Startup Repair and says it can't repair this computer automatically. I press "Finish" and then it just restarts again showing the logo of the motherboard on screen and then goes back into Startup Repair again.

I called the shop where I bought it and they said it is possible I was loading too much software on too quickly. It is a computer I use for business so I wasn't loading any rubbish on and I didn't install that much - Office suite, antivirus, modem software, printer driver.

Is this something that could have cause it or are they just putting the blame on me? Also, if anyone knows what this problem is any help would be appreciated.

A:New computer with Windows 7 won't work anymore

Quote:
I've only had my new computer with Windows 7 for just over a week

I would hope it still under warranty. Take it back.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/214676-new-computer-windows-7-wont-work-anymore.html
Relevancy 38.7%

Basically I was on my laptop last night ACER G when all if a sudden everything just started closing itself Before it finished closing every down I quickly pressed restart Now it won t startup properly I get the option to startup repair or start up as normal I clicked startup repair and it tried to fix it for a while does Solved: not Windows anymore up start but it couldn t I ran the laptop in safe mode and ran malwarebytes to which it found viruses I deleted them all and restarted the computer but it still won t start up A blue screen appears for literally a quarter of a second I had to video record the startup so I Solved: Windows does not start up anymore could pause the video to see the blue screen it was that quick Didn t say much except Solved: Windows does not start up anymore if you installed drivers lately then get rid of them but I haven t really installed anything I have tried a system restore and that didn t work Would appreciate any help nbsp

Relevancy 38.7%

Hello,

I have windows xp home on partition named C:
I have recently installed windows 7 on another partition L: of the same drive.

I had this configuration running perfectly for some time, with the bootloader asking me to choose between the two system on start-up.

It has been sometimes since I haven't reused windows 7 and didn't realize that the bootloader menu was not shown anymore on start-up. I believe I might have restored couple of weeks ago the xp partition with a back-up which was anterior to windows 7 parallel installation.

Now I do not have the choice on the startup and xp loads automatically. Anyone has a solution to restore the bootloader choice on startup?
I have browsed the whole web without being able to find any fix at all!
Many thanks

A:bootloader xp vs. windows 7 does't show anymore

does the drive still show in windows explorer, does it show folders and such. If so,
Try doing a startup repair with your win7 dvd. It should fix the bootloader.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/bootloader-xp-vs-windows-7-doest-show-anymore-383373.html
Relevancy 38.7%

Hello everyone Hoping someone can tell me how I can fix this boot issue and get my windows working again without deleting my programs files data etc Basically without restoring my pc from scratch Everything was working fine until i started installing quot sonos quot wireless software for controlling audio After that i restarted my laptop and started getting this black boot error message as shown below Status xc f Things I have already tried but no luck I tried pressing f and clicked on laptop to anymore boot won't windows restore to last working settings option and that didnt work Starting windows in safe mode but took me back to this same error message placed my windows installation disc and clicked on Repair Windows I did the startup repair and when it completed what was weird now it got passed the boot error message and saw microsft text loading but then went to blue screen of death then once restarted my computer again back to this quot Windows Boot Manager laptop won't boot to windows anymore quot issue laptop won't boot to windows anymore It will only go to BSOD blue screen of death if i choose start windows normally laptop won't boot to windows anymore when laptop starts booting up I What i noticed that looked a bit off is when i tried to do a repair windows using my windows disc the partition said E Shouldn t it be on C Drive cause i never saw an E Drive when using my computer Windows was always installed on C Drive I attached some photos so you can see what i mean and something about system volume is corrupt when i clicked on Diagnosis and repair details from the startup repair menu since Startup repair said it could not fix this problem automatically I also did this command BCDEDIT at command prompt from my recovery options and if you look where it says WIndows Boot Loader It also says partition Erive Should i change that to C or no that s normal Can this be fixed without having to reinstall windows and lose all my data If someone can fix this willing to pay you via paypal I don t think my harddrive went bad or not working cause on System recovery options i clicked on add drivers and i can browse all the folders on E drive which when logged in on windows should be C Drive but everything seems to be there photo below nbsp

Relevancy 38.7%

Mod Edit Modified topic title - Hamluis Hello everyone Hoping someone can tell me how I can fix this boot issue and get my windows working again windows to laptop anymore. won't boot without deleting my programs files data etc Basically without restoring my pc from scratch Everything was working fine until i started installing sonos wireless software for controlling audio After that i restarted my laptop and started getting this black boot error message as shown below Status xc f Things I have already tried but no luck I tried pressing f and clicked on restore to laptop won't boot to windows anymore. last working settings option and that didnt work Starting windows in safe mode but took me back to this same error message placed my windows installation disc and clicked on Repair Windows I did the startup repair and when it completed what was weird now it got passed the boot error message and saw microsft text loading but then went to blue screen laptop won't boot to windows anymore. of death then once restarted my computer again back to this Windows Boot Manager issue It will only go to BSOD blue screen of death if i choose start windows normally when laptop starts booting up I What i noticed that laptop won't boot to windows anymore. looked a bit off is when i tried to do a repair windows using my windows disc the partition said E Shouldn't it be on C Drive cause i never saw an E Drive when using my computer Windows was always installed on C Drive I attached some photos so you can see what i mean and something about system volume is corrupt when i clicked on Diagnosis and repair details from the startup repair menu since Startup repair said it could not fix this problem automatically I also did this command BCDEDIT at command prompt from my recovery options and if you look where it says WIndows Boot Loader It also says partition E Drive Should i change that to C or no that's normal Can this be fixed without having to reinstall windows and lose all my data If someone can fix this willing to pay you via paypal I don't think my harddrive went bad or not working cause on System recovery options i clicked on add drivers and i can browse all the folders on E drive which when logged in on windows should be C Drive but everything seems to be there photo below

A:laptop won't boot to windows anymore.

There may be something wrong with your master boot record. The fixmbr command may help but wait until some more knowledgeable people chime in. 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/541126/laptop-wont-boot-to-windows-anymore/
Relevancy 38.7%

I recently installed Windows 7 on my computer. I had XP already installed on one hard drive and installed 7 on a secondary one.

Everything was going perfectly, Windows 7 was running, I had gotten my files all transfered to the new hard drive, it ran smoothly. But then I reformatted the XP hard drive and now it won't start Windows 7 anymore. I've tried using the DVD to check the install, or reinstall onto the old XP drive, but it tells me there is no System Partition. Now I see this and think maybe I formatted the hard drive wrong. So I use MaxBlaster (it's a Maxtor hard drive) to fix that and remake the XP drive as a System Partition, but still the same thing. Any suggestions?

A:Windows 7 doesn't love me anymore

To confirm: there are two separate drives, correct? Not two partitions on the same drive? (this is important)

The boot files necessary to boot both operating systems were on the XP drive. When you reformatted the XP drive, all these boot files went away. Now, no operating system can boot (there is no boot sector).

This can usually be fixed fairly simply:

Just boot off your install disk, and choose "Repair your computer" in the bottom left of the first install window (don't click "Install now", look in the bottom left corner of that window for "Repair your computer"). The repair utilities will scan your computer for installations of Windows 7. It should find your installation and say something to the effect of: "A Windows installation has been recovered. Please reboot to fully recover this installation....blah blah" Allow it to reboot. Boot off the install disk again, "Repair your computer" again, and this time, your Windows 7 should show up in the list. Click next. Choose "Startup Repair" at the top of the list. The repair utilities will scan for problems and fix what is necessary to be able to boot. Reboot again. You should now be able to boot. If not, simply do the "Startup Repair" one more time (it sometimes takes two tries to fix everything), and it should almost surely be correct now.

Does this solve your problem?

If not, tell me exactly what you did and what happened when you did it, and I will do my best to correct the problem.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/292420/windows-7-doesnt-love-me-anymore/
Relevancy 38.7%

Hello everyone Hoping someone can tell me how I can fix this boot issue and get my windows working again without deleting my programs files data etc Basically without restoring my pc from scratch Everything was working fine until i started installing quot sonos quot wireless software for controlling boot anymore. to windows won't laptop audio After that i restarted my laptop and started getting this black boot error message as shown below Status xc f Things I have already tried but no luck I tried laptop won't boot to windows anymore. pressing f and clicked on restore to last working settings option and that didnt work Starting windows in safe mode but took me back to this same error message placed my windows installation disc and clicked on Repair Windows I did the startup repair and when it completed what was weird now it got passed the boot error message and saw microsft text loading but then went to blue screen of death then once restarted my computer again back to this quot Windows Boot Manager quot issue It will only go to BSOD blue screen of death if i choose start windows normally when laptop starts booting up I What i noticed that looked a bit off is when i tried to do a repair windows using my windows disc the partition said E Shouldn't it be on C Drive cause i never saw an E Drive when using my computer Windows was always installed on C Drive I attached some photos so you can see what i mean and something about system volume is corrupt when i clicked on Diagnosis and repair details from the startup repair menu since Startup repair said it could not fix this problem automatically I also did this command BCDEDIT at command prompt from my recovery options and if you look where it says WIndows Boot Loader It also says partition E Drive Should i change that to C or no that's normal Can this be fixed without having to reinstall windows and lose all my data If someone can fix this willing to pay you via paypal I don't think my harddrive went bad or not working cause on System recovery options i clicked on add drivers and i can browse all the folders on E drive which when logged in on windows should be C Drive but everything seems to be there photo below

A:laptop won't boot to windows anymore.

the C: drive in the picture should be a hidden drive without a drive letter.
Boot off of the Windows DVD and choose Repair Your Computer or press Shift+F12 to go directly to the Command Prompt in the RE (Recovery Environment). At the X:\sources prompt type E: and press enter.
At the E:\> prompt Type in these commands in this link Fixing the Windows Bootloader via the setup DVD under Attempt Two:Manually Repairing the Windows Bootloader.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/laptop-wont-boot-to-windows-anymore-865538.html
Relevancy 38.7%

I've updated an old laptop that is still good for what I need (Dell Latitude E6400) but after updating Windows patches after 20-30 patches, update is not doing anything anymore...
I've asked on Dell support site, search for known problems reported, etc....
found an article giving 13 different steps to cure my laptop problem but it still not resolved. I suspect a corruption in a file during the last update but I can't find it...
I'm thinking of reinstalling with W7 OS but I got this laptop from my former company, who were giving it to employees, and don't have the W7 OS DVD nor other support material. I was hoping to get an genuine copy from Dell but can't find a way to inform them of what I need...
Can someone tell me how I could find a solution to this.
Thanks
Norm

A:Windows 7 update execution will not do anything anymore

NormandGirouard
You can click the link below to resolve Windows update.
Fix the problem with Microsoft Windows Update that is not working
If you are needing a Windows 7 recovery disk you can click the link to purchase one.
Recovery Disk
Latitude E6400 Drivers, Downloads and Manuals
For me to better assist in troubleshooting, please click my DELL-Jesse L and send me a Private Message with the Dell Service Tag number and your Dell Order number. Click my name in blue then on the next page click where it says send private message

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/3524/t/19680242
Relevancy 38.7%

I have been using Windows Live use Mail Live Anymore Can't Windows Mail on my Sony Vaio laptop for several months I am connected to the internet with high speed dsl from Verizon and I have Windows XP I have no problem receiving emails on my verizon yahoo webmail But I find this program inconvenient as my husband and I have to keep signing each other out to read emails That is why I switched to Windows live mail which is a very lovely free program on my desktop Well on Wednesday it refused to work any longer and I keep getting the following error when it tries to send an email I have called Verizon times and was on the phone for hours Can't use Windows Live Mail Anymore trying to resolve this problem but they never helped me The tech person examined all the settings and they are correct The pop account is incoming yahoo verizon net and the outgoing server is outgoing yahoo verizon net It uses the ports of and and the server requires authentication is Can't use Windows Live Mail Anymore checked This is so frustrating because it happened so suddenly By the way Outlook Express is exactly the same and will not work either I would appreciate it very much if someone here could help me with this strange situation Thanks again Unable to send or receive messages for the Doreen account Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection Possible causes for this include server problems network problems or a long period of inactivity Server 'incoming yahoo verizon net' Windows Live Mail Error ID x CCC F Protocol POP Port Secure SSL No

A:Can't use Windows Live Mail Anymore

Lets try to rule out any possible problems on your end by testing a manual connection to the POP3 mail server. This can be done on any Windows computer. Open a command prompt by pressing WindowsKey + R and typing "cmd" in the Run dialog and pressing Enter. On the command line, type "telnet" and press enter. This will open the Telnet utility, and give you a new command line that will allow you to talk directly to your mail server to rule out a connection issue.

At the command prompt, enter "open incoming.yahoo.verizon.net 110"
You should get a message "+OK hello from..." which will indicate that the server accepted your incoming connection.
Enter "user <your email address>".
You should get a message "+OK password required".
Enter "pass <your password>"
You should get a message indicating that the password was accepted.
Enter "stat"
You should get a response containing two numbers. The first number will be the number of messages in your account on the server, and the second is the total size of those messages.
Enter "list" to get a list of messages.
You should get a listing showing at least the message IDs of all your messages on the server.
Enter "quit" to close the connection, and press Enter twice, then close the command prompt.

Post back if this process is successful, or post any error messages you get during this process.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/200986/cant-use-windows-live-mail-anymore/
Relevancy 38.7%

After an automatic Windows update was completed I shut down my computer but when I booted it again the monitor went a bit blur with small blue Lines appearing when Windows start and the quality of the resolution was significantly lower Also the computer became slower however I was still able to use the system Then i decided that a format-reinstallation of Windows ultimate from the cd would solve the problem Hence I booted the Windows via cd and followed the standard sequence of installing Windows and clicking on custom advanced and doesnt boot anymore windows deleting the partitions When the Windows finished collecting the necessary Information and required to restart i did not press any key to boot from CD as i was suppose to and after Windows started windows doesnt boot anymore and registry was set up the last step of completing installation of Windows was on its way However after the step finishes a black screen appears and although it should have displayed the press any button to boot from cd that would lead to the creation of username and name for pc etc but instead it displays just a black screen with a flashing cursor along with white dashed vertical Lines If i leave the screen like that then the system just restarts like nothing happened and the Windows error recovery pops up appears but even if i start Windows normally then the loop starts where the system just restarts I have tried system recovery and entering safe mode however in both attempts it failed as windows don't exist to enable a safe mode boot Thanks for your time taking to read my post and gradually you can help me solve the frustrating problem that I have encountered

A:windows doesnt boot anymore

Assuming that you have a legal CD and license...change the boot order in the BIOS...insert the CD, clean install.

FWIW:  Once the system begins install procedures from CD/DVD...there is no need to ever "press any key" when reboots occur.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/541741/windows-doesnt-boot-anymore/
Relevancy 38.7%

When selecting restart from start menu PC begins process then after a blue screen saying windows is restarting a window pops up with only a button to shut off PC and just sets there until i press shut off PC. So cant use restart for some reason.
Thanks any help would be appreciated.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/windows-29/windows-10-cant-restart-my-pc-anymore-only-shut-4606213/