Windows Support Forum

Toshiba Qosmo G15-AV501 recovery failure

Q: Toshiba Qosmo G15-AV501 recovery failure

- - AM hi folks need some abstract thinking first of all The screen went to vertical wide spaced lines upon installation of SONY Handycam PMB Ver upon the cd disc eject Software removal did not repair Upon restart the blue motion bar graph is garbled looking and exceeds the box it runs in to the right including holes the machine would not get past start xp splash screen before it freezes up Restoring to a Qosmo G15-AV501 Toshiba recovery failure prior date did not work Safe mode would open prior to recovery disc installation but included equally wide spaced wide lines Cannot use out board monitor feature Recovery Format CD runs with PERFECT fullsize SCREEN with no lines to completed cycle of recovery Windows still Toshiba Qosmo G15-AV501 recovery failure fails after recovery the same as before on start up Safe Mode DOS driver loading screen window is FINE Safe Mode stops due initial setup not being completed Tried to upgrade the Bios qg v exe will load fine the upgraded Bios qg rv fails due Toshiba Qosmo G15-AV501 recovery failure to as follows the change bios upgrade failed Toshiba Qosmo G15-AV501 recovery failure because the bios installation diskett recconized the existing bios as a G BIOS ROM G v BIOS FILE G V The system has a NVIDIA G-FORCE FX video system its latest driver qg videonx exe does not have a diskette install method if the stock video driver is bad any suggestions on where to start now other than a high dollar door stop thanks nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Toshiba Qosmo G15-AV501 recovery failure

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Toshiba Qosmo G15-AV501 recovery failure

Safe Mode stops due initial setup not being completed.Click to expand...

What do you mean by this? What happened with setup?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-qosmo-g15-av501-recovery-failure.135815/
Relevancy 130.2%

hi folks need some abstract thinking first of all The screen went to vertical wide spaced lines upon installation of SONY Handycam PMB Ver upon the cd disc eject Software removal did not repair Upon restart the blue motion bar graph is garbled looking and exceeds the box it runs in to the right including holes the machine would not get past start xp splash screen before it freezes up Restoring to a prior date did not work Safe mode would open prior to recovery disc installation but G15-AV501 recovery failure Toshiba Qosmo included equally wide Toshiba Qosmo G15-AV501 recovery failure spaced wide lines Cannot use out board monitor feature Toshiba Qosmo G15-AV501 recovery failure Recovery Format CD runs with PERFECT fullsize SCREEN with no lines to completed cycle of recovery Windows still fails after recovery the same as before on start up Safe Mode DOS driver loading screen window is FINE Safe Mode stops due initial setup not being completed Tried to upgrade the Bios qg v exe will load fine the upgraded Bios qg rv fails due to as follows the change bios upgrade failed because the bios installation diskett recconized the existing bios as a G BIOS ROM G v BIOS FILE G V The system has a NVIDIA G-FORCE FX video system its latest driver qg videonx exe does not have a diskette install method if the stock video driver is bad any suggestions on where to start now other than a high dollar door stop thanks nbsp

A:Toshiba Qosmo G15-AV501 recovery failure

Reload Windows

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-qosmo-g15-av501-recovery-failure.135817/
Relevancy 55.47%

Good day!
A laptop qosmio F60-111 (pqf65e-01501mru) with the BIOS version 2.10 (06/05/2010)!
When I try to install version 2.70 (21/12/10) on windows 7 x64, flies such error
Tell me what to do! Update is necessary!! Help!

A:Qosmo F60-111 - cannot update BIOS with version 2.70

Is original Win7 version that you got with your notebook preinstalled or do you use own OS version?

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?68946-Qosmo-F60-111-cannot-update-BIOS-with-version-2-70
Relevancy 52.03%

My mom's PC didnt want to start up earlier today, so i looked up what may have caused it, and i came across a page that said that a boot failure along with beeping (which it was doing) could be the RAM, and just re-set it, so i did and it booted fine, it got to the desktop and shutdown and said the /system32/config file was missing or corrupt, i attempted to do a standard PC recovery and i got:

\minint\system32\ntkrnlmp.exe could not be loaded. Error Code 18

Im looking around online now on what to do, my mom really doesnt want to have to format her entire PC, so if there is a way to fix this without having to do so, would be great...if its the only option, ill do the format.

A:Windows Xp Boot Failure/recovery Failure

Try booting from your XP CD into the recovery console and run the system file checker (sfc /scannow).

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/90719/windows-xp-boot-failurerecovery-failure/
Relevancy 50.74%

This is a last resort for me nbsp My PC failed and would no longer boot to Windows Just kept spinning while trying to load Manager Cannot failure. Recovery access Recovery nbsp At this point I decided to access Recovery Recovery failure. Cannot access Recovery Manager Manager to do a Systom Restore back to factory settings I know I should have created a restore point when upgrading to Windows but life lesson learned nbsp Either way my installation failed and I'm no longer able to access Recovery Manager I did my diligence and backed up Recovery failure. Cannot access Recovery Manager my files to USB but it's useless since there's no operating system nbsp I downloaded a copy of Windows and burned to a disk but when booting from CD Drive it doesn't prompt to install Windows just says it is preparing set up for first use then an error appears saying Windows could not complete installation To install windows on this computer restart the installation nbsp I tried using my CD key on the microsoft website to try and download a copy of windows but it wouldn't let me because it was a factory copy nbsp I'm at a complete loss right now can't find any help with this situation and paying someone to fix this isn't an option nbsp What am I missing here guys nbsp Any assistance would be appreciated

A:Recovery failure. Cannot access Recovery Manager

Hi @xxboramirxx I would suggest you try the troubleshooting steps given in the link below : http://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c01867418 I am an HP EmployeePlease click ?Accept as Solution? on the post that solves your issue to help others find the same solution.Click the ?Thumbs Up? to say ?Thanks? for helping!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/Recovery-failure-Cannot-access-Recovery-Manager/td-p/5841450
Relevancy 49.02%

First id like to introduce myself I go by the name of GeRm I reside in Miami FL and im a certified Pc technician just looking for a second opinion my situation is as follows below I bought a Toshiba F- AV Laptop...Possible Toshiba GPU failure? from CompUsa a few days ago unfortunately we are shutting down anywho upon boot up i got a windows xp splash screen with blue vertical lines going down it and then a BSOD so i reformatted the unit and after the video drivers were installed the vertical lines stopped so i bought it and took it home thinking everything was working fine since reformatting it in the shop and installing all the drivers it was Toshiba Laptop...Possible GPU failure? working fine that whole day anywho the next day im listening to music and all of a sudden the music distorts for like half of a second and my LCD goes out but the actual backlight of the LCD is still on and computer still running The only way to shut down is to hold the power button so after a restart the qosmio screen is distorted and my windows xp splash screen is with the blue vertical lines again and i get BSOD s either with a NV mini sys error or a Page fault error but in safe mode the computer works flawlessly and if a i disable the video card the computer boots up normally with no problems Im calling the GPU messed up but here are some facts -The F- series have a defect from manufacturer regarding video issues from the Nvidia Go Toshiba is upgrading my Mobo and my graphics card to a Nvidia Go Free of charge -Would a v A adapter have an affect when the computer is suppose to take a v a mind u i bought it used and had to find all the parts in the tech shop obviously the charger gets hot because its not the right one but would it cause my screen to go out like that pretty much to make a long story short i am defenitly leaning toward the GPU as the culprit does anyone disagree and think its the inverter board or LCD thanks in advance GeRm nbsp

A:Toshiba Laptop...Possible GPU failure?

Sounds like it would be a GPU problem, because since it is an LCD screen, you shouldnt get lines going across the screen that dont show up in safe mode, or in the POST.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-laptop-possible-gpu-failure.95940/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi, my name is Christina and the touch pad on my Toshiba A215-S7416 laptop running Windows Vista Home Basic quit working suddenly. I have tried everything I can think of to fix it. I updated, uninstalled, and reinstalled the synaptics pointing device drivers to no avail. I also tried system restore and still the same issue. Finally I ran full recovery disc(out of box state)from the manufacturer and the problem still persists. USB mouse works fine. Is there perhaps something I missed? Any help would be greatly appreciated...thank you.

A:Toshiba touch pad failure

Have you contacted Toshiba?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/383910/toshiba-touch-pad-failure/
Relevancy 48.59%

My Satellite M -S has intermittent wireless connectivity problems It simply stops working after awhile It connects at first to my WEP enabled router as do the other laptops and then after awhile it fails There is a system event error that reads Event quot Intel R PRO Wireless BG Network Connection Has encountered an internal error and has failed quot Event quot Intel R PRO Wireless BG Network Connection The adapter has detected an Adapter Check as a result of some unrecoverable hardware of software error Please contact your service provider quot Event quot PRO Wireless BG Network Connection Has determined that the adapter is not functioning properly quot The funny thing is that Wireless - Failure Satellite M45 Toshiba I tried to do a repair on the device and now it just doesn t run shows up in device manager The machine is XP-Pro SP I had let Toshiba s wireless utility manage Toshiba Satellite M45 - Wireless Failure the connections but now I have switched back to windows WZC but Toshiba Satellite M45 - Wireless Failure the condition continues The driver version is Vendor Intel version is dated I had used DriverAgent to upgrade drivers in the past I just now chose the option to roll back the driver Surprisingly it stayed at the same revision and version and I can now connect but I have done this before and know it will eventually drop again with the same errors listed above I m pretty technical but this one has me puzzled I can t tell if it s a driver issue or a hardware issue Any suggestions nbsp

A:Toshiba Satellite M45 - Wireless Failure

This is a driver or hardware issue it would seem.

I would STOP using DriverAgent and download the proper drivers directly from Toshiba for your model.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/toshiba-satellite-m45-wireless-failure.852583/
Relevancy 48.59%

I ordered this from tigerdirect com Quick Details Refurbished Toshiba Notebook Satelite Pro L- -EZ x Windows XP Pro Upon arrival removed Norton Internet Security plus all the other quot freeware quot crap like napster AOL etc Installed AVG Free edition Windows Defender IE Firefox Solved: Toshiba a Pro Failure new CD/DVD on Satellite Rom and installed Solved: CD/DVD Rom Failure on a new Toshiba Satellite Pro XP Service Pack Then I put in the CD for Quickbooks ran the installation without issue and left the computer alone for a day Yesterday I went to install Microsoft Office from a CD and got the following error when accessing the disc quot D Is not accessible The request could not be performed because of an I O error quot I rebooted the computer and the D drive disappeared from My Computer AND the Device Manager I contacted Toshiba they had me delete two items from the RegEdit reboot to no avail So they got me set up to send the laptop back After I was done with them the drive reappeared after a second reboot but the same error message popped up when I tried running a cd I went back to device manager found quot MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ- S quot tried to go to right click - properties and the computer immidiately gave me the Blue Screen of Death telling me that Windows had to be shut down The drive disappeared again then two reboots later its back I go back to device manager right click and hit properties again and the computer instantly froze without even letting me move the mouse I cannot figure what could possibly be the issue here other than hardware failure with the CD DVD drive nbsp

Relevancy 48.59%

My laptop became laggy after leaving it on for a while. then i decided to turn it off for a little bit to let it cool down. After this i tried to start it again, but everytime i try to start it it goes to the OS choice menu. and then i've tried selecting safe mode and the other choices. Then after selecting one it begins to load then it shuts off and a blue screen pops up for less than a second and my computer restarts. I have also tried pushing F8 on the toshiba start up screen and rebooting it but the computer just shuts off if i select reboot. Can anyone help me solve this problem please?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/toshiba-laptop-booting-failure.738406/
Relevancy 48.59%

my laptop is brand new with vista installed on it, however, for some reason, the screen will randomly turn black and nothing responds. I can only fix it if I turn off the computer manually and then it will work again. I don't think it's overheating because sometimes it happens in the first hour I turn it on
any help appreciated =)

A:toshiba laptop with vista failure

If you haven't already, run virus and spyware scans - check the Device Manager for any conflicts as well as the Event Viewer (Control Panel in Classic mode, Admin Tools) for a clue as to what the problem is.

Bottom line is this is a 'new' laptop. Back up your critical data and return it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/toshiba-laptop-with-vista-failure.674368/
Relevancy 48.59%

I am trying to help someone that has a Toshiba laptop with a screen that has an increasing number of bad pixels The unit is less than year old and the problem started months ago It was purchased from Best Buy I failure screen laptop Toshiba advised the owner to take it back to Best Buy Toshiba laptop screen failure as I expected it to be still under warranty The owner a very inexperienced computer user was Toshiba laptop screen failure told Toshiba laptop screen failure by Best Buy that the problem was due to abuse and probably not covered by the warranty This computer has been sitting on a desk and used only a few hours per week and the owner has certainly not quot abused quot it although that may be hard to prove In fact I am certain that the problem is a manufacturing defect but a variety of searches this forum and other search engines has not identified this or other Toshiba models that have this failure at an unusually high rate Can anyone provide one or more references that will support my contention that this type of problem whether with Toshiba laptops or other brands is or can be a result of a manufacturing defect And or whether this particular Toshiba model is known to exhibit this problem in unusual numbers The Toshiba model number is PSC YU-oLN X My searches turned up references to Toshiba models if I use the first characters of the model number but nothing if I use the complete model number which I find difficult to understand but then I am not familiar with the Toshiba product line Are those last model number characters significant nbsp

A:Toshiba laptop screen failure

If it still has a warranty i would have them call toshiba personally and see what they say about it. as far as best buys answer i wouldnt let them be the final word on this problem.if the laptop is fairly new it shouldnt be having screen problems already if the computer was properly cared for. so that tells me theres some sort of defect with the computer unless by some chance the computer was dropped then that might change everything as far so called abuse or carelessness.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/toshiba-laptop-screen-failure.1079888/
Relevancy 48.59%

I have a 6yo laptop whose battery died within the first six months. I have been using on ac power since then. I read an article about repairing the battery by disassembling it and replacing the individual batteries which make up the laptop battery. I managed to pry the top off the battery and there are 8 3.7 volt cells inside (see picture). I check on the cost to replace the cells and it is reasonable seeing that I can no longer find a battery for the Toshiba. I also found a very sophisticated circuit boare in the battery (see picture). My question is, how do I know whether or not the circuit board is functional and what the heck is it supposed to do??

there are pictures at misterfixit.com/Toshiba

A:Toshiba laptop battery failure?

Message from this car mechanic's web page

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /Toshiba/ on this server.Click to expand...

I find it stange that you can't find a new battery for your old Toshiba. As usually most do exist somewhere. But if you have tried, that's that then.

Yes I'm aware that you can replace these internal cells yourself (as dangerous as it is)
I suppose try (at your peril) to see if the new batteries fix it. The internal board can be faulty too, but usually not. You might want to attach a clear small pic.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-laptop-battery-failure.102537/
Relevancy 48.16%

I have got a Toshiba laptop with windows XP on it however recently the screen has stopped working and it doesn't appear to turn on. I have tried plugging in an external monitor to see if it was the connection to the display that was the problem, however that didn't seem to work either...
Any help would be good as I need to fix this before next week.

Thanks

Henning

Relevancy 48.16%

Hi I just bought my Toshiba drive new saying TOSHIBA laptop hard failure? satelite L D-S today from Best Buy When I got home I did the basic computer startup and activated my anti virus I was just browsing the web and all of a sudden I started getting error messages come up I restarted my computer and windows recory came up originally there new TOSHIBA laptop saying hard drive failure? were errors and then it successfuly fixed of them but there are still errors that failed to be fixed I also recieved a window popup that said hard drive failure please restart computer Here is what the errors say Hard drive doesnt respond to system commands- critical error Boot sector of the hard drive disk is damaged- critical error Bad sectors on hard drive or damaged filer allocation table- critical error of HDD space is unreadable- critical error Read time of hard drive clusters less than ms- critical errors I have no idea what this means if someone could give me some information that would be great Should I take the laptop back to BEST BUY is there a reason I am experiencing this nbsp

A:new TOSHIBA laptop saying hard drive failure?

Definitely return it to BestBuy for replacement. Not repair but replacement. Best Buy has a fairly good return policy, but I would not let their Geek Squad change a light bulb for me.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-toshiba-laptop-saying-hard-drive-failure.992041/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello Toshiba users

I bought a new Toshiba Z30 in May 2015 from an online vendor on ebay in Australia. Great laptop.

About 6 months ago, the accupoint started moving on its own, so I disabled it in the mouse settings and used only the trackpad.

Now the trackpad no longer works properly. The laptop will recognise and respond to button clicks. However (intermittently and frequently) the cursor no longer responds to input from the trackpad itself.

I have tried uninstalling existing drivers and allowing windows to install its own, but this didn't work.

Because it is intermittent, I wonder whether this is a hardware issue?

Any advice on how I could repair this?

Thanks

Ralph

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?94489-Toshiba-Portege-Z30-Accupoint-and-Touchpad-failure
Relevancy 48.16%

I'm in the PC support business. I have had an exceptional number of early failures ( but weeks out of warranty) of Toshiba 2.5" laptop drives in ENVY and Pavilion model laptops. Is there a way to specify Western Digital drives  when assisting customers with ordering HP laptops?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/high-early-failure-rate-Toshiba-HD/td-p/5619807
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi Tech Guys,
I have a friends laptop that I am trying to fix, their laptop HDD is failing which has been confirmed by Crystalmark and the Toshiba HDD/SDD monitor tool. I have a spare HDD lieing around which I would like to replace it with but I want to clone/backup the files first. I tried using acronis clone image but when I place the HDD in the laptop it does not recognise the new HDD, could it be due to the fact that the HDD has to be a OEM HDD set as the OS drive? I'm stuck as the laptop will not allow me to use my external HDD to backup the files manually. Not sure what to do next even tried to backup the files via my network using easy to transfer tool but it cannot find my PC please help thanks.

A:Solved: Toshiba Satellite C660-18C - HDD failure

When you clone with acronis, there are some things you need to do;
1 Boot the system using an acronis boot CD/flash drive. I always recommend doing a clone, image, etc from the boot disk rather than from within windows. It just removes one more layer of complexity from the task.
2 The new hard drive must be blank ie no partition info on the drive at all. You may need to zero fill the drive IF it was previously used.
3 Select source [old drive] and destination [new drive]
4 Complete the clone process and shutdown. DO NOT reboot with both drives connected.
5 Swap hd and pw ON. Make sure drive letters are correct, system boots without errors, etc.

Since this is a laptop, I would do the clone with A/C pw connected. Once finished with the clone, shutdown and remove both A/C and battery prior to swapping drives. Modern systems apply pw even when OFF so you want to be sure there is no pw applied when you are swapping drives or working on the system. Most [if not all] of the time, swapping drives in a laptop with the battery installed would not hurt anything however completely removing pw prior to working on the system is a VERY good habit to get into.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-toshiba-satellite-c660-18c-hdd-failure.1124539/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi,

I am looking at a friends L300 laptop and it begins to boot Vista and gives the 'WINDOWS ERROR RECOVERY' window. When you continue with the repair option the laptop then continues to 'load the windows files' and moves onto the next part which shows Microsoft Corparation with the loading bar.

After about 40 to 50 seconds everything stops.

I have purchased a recovery disk (as the owner does not have one/did not create one) from Toshiba using the serial number on the base PSLB2E-003004KS. When I load from the recovery disk I get exactly the same result as above.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks for reading.

Andrew

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/toshiba-equium-l300-boot-failure.920038/
Relevancy 48.16%

Quick question On the bottom of my yr supply laptop A70 Toshiba power failure- old Toshiba A Satellite laptop it tells me the power power supply failure- Toshiba A70 laptop supply is DC V - A If I understand this to be volts - Amps then will an alternate generic power supply of Volts -max amps cause my computer to shut down unexpectedly and repeatedly after - wks of problem-free usage After I changed my power supply prev supply just stopped working power supply failure- Toshiba A70 laptop the computer worked fine for a while then started shutting down unexpectedly On one particular day it shut down repeatedly - x and now wouldn t start properly Safe mode start screen that despite selection power supply failure- Toshiba A70 laptop would reboot back to this screen ONLY I brought it to Tiger Direct for repair explaining problem they suggested they reload the OS and found the orig hard drive to have bad sectors and further suggested a NEW hard drive They also suggested so many shutdowns may have damaged the hard drive leading to the problem It was only after they reinstalled OS and new hard drive that they found it still shut down unexpectedly I was annoyed now as this is when they realized the power supply quot wasn t enough AMPS quot and blamed problem on this I have a personal guarantee from manager now that they will refund my repair costs if I get a new power supply with proper amps and still have problem this would apparently indicate motherboard problem and not power supply and I wouldn t have needed new HD Can anybody help I am at my technological limit for understanding this particular problem Thanks nbsp

A:power supply failure- Toshiba A70 laptop

I don't know, but the people at radio shack do!
JK but there's a good chance you can find the right power supply there.

there is a very good chance that lo power could be the cause of your shut downs, did you happen notice if you battery was draining?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/power-supply-failure-toshiba-a70-laptop.773713/
Relevancy 48.16%

I have a Toshiba satellite a -s I ve had it for two years and this problem arose about months ago Sometimes my power cord stops working I m not sure what s going on but basically the light on the front of the laptop that indicates wether the cord is connected turns off and my laptop failure laptop Toshiba power cord goes into long-life battery mode as if I ve pulled the cord out At first jiggling or twisting the cord helped More recently I ve taken to inserting the cord at different angles until the computer recognizes the charge I tried another power cord one of those all-in-one laptop power cord converters It didn t work either but I m not sure if it was the wrong type or if the problem is with my laptop Is there something I can do to my cord that will help Is it my computer that Toshiba laptop power cord failure s not working Any info or tips are much apreciated nbsp

Relevancy 47.73%

hi i need to do a Destructive Recovery on my Toshiba Kardon but i can't find out how to do it .....i have look on the net for command prompts but still nothing. when i got my laptop VISTA was installed so i have no disks what so ever and all i want to do is get it back to how it was when i first got it please help been doing this for two days now and i'm going crazy.......... thanks..........

A:Toshiba recovery

Hi,

Try the following instructions to start the recovery -

Quote:

To access the Toshiba recovery partition, power off the laptop. Hold down the 0 (zero) key and turn the laptop on. Keep holding down the zero key until the TOSHIBA logo appears, where you should start tapping the zero key repeatedly. Stop if the unit beeps or when the TOSHIBA logo disappears. The screen should flash ** HDD RECOVERY MODE ** for a split second, then load the Toshiba recovery program right from the hard drive.

If that doesn't work then check in your manual to see if the access key is different.

If you can't find any mention of a recovery partition then I am afraid that you will have to contact Toshiba for a new set of recovery disks.

http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/t...ntName=contact

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/toshiba-recovery-526679.html
Relevancy 47.73%

i installed a opy of vista on my computer but now i would like to go back to XP since i did nothave a valid copy (copied off of my brother). AIs there any easier way than a system restore to restore XP back on my computer?

A:Toshiba recovery?

System Restore won't bring back XP. Did you install Vista as an upgrade?

Look in Add/Remove to see if Vista is there and you can uninstall to go back.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/toshiba-recovery.608345/
Relevancy 47.73%

There seemed to be no better Recovery HDD Toshiba place to post this thread Toshiba HDD Recovery so I own a Toshiba Satellite c running a bit Windows I wish to restore my laptop to factory settings but I ve already formatted my D Drive where the HDD Recovery folder is located Without it it seems I m unable to restore my laptop without ordering the recovery disc from the Toshiba website But I m not willing to spend that money quite frankly and I need to recover this laptop by the th of June ideally Is there any way to download the HDD Recover file I ve been told this is impossible Why or reset my laptop in a different way If not isn t that a little short-sighted on their part I want to make it clear there s absolutely nothing wrong with my laptop I m restoring it to factory settings for personal reasons only not due to an error or virus If anyone could help me out with this I d be real grateful Thanks in advance Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor AMD E- Processor AMD Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card AMD Radeon HD Graphics Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB H Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard TOSHIBA PWWBE Antivirus avast Antivirus Updated and Enabled nbsp

Relevancy 47.73%

will this work for me i would really like to use my genuine windows 7 home premium Toshiba recovery cd but on my new 500gb black hd can i doctor it some way so i can use my cd

A:Toshiba recovery cd

Quote: Originally Posted by 2009joseph

will this work for me i would really like to use my genuine windows 7 home premium Toshiba recovery cd but on my new 500gb black hd can i doctor it some way so i can use my cd

No doctoring needed. As long as you have a legitimate COA sticker with the 25 character product key, you can install Windows 7 Home Premium by downloading the corresponding ISO from here, and then writing it to USB2 or DVD for installation.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/313980-toshiba-recovery-cd.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Be gateful if anyone can help, I'm having a problem with getting the laptop to boot and start up, it came pre-loaded so have no disc, it also looks like I'm missing half the info that should be showing in BIOS, only have it a few months, between that and poxy windows 8, I'm beginning to think I've been rightly ripped off! Is there anything can be done without a disc to solve this, took battery out as well, still no luck, thanks to anyone that can help

A:W8 Toshiba laptop won't boot - BIOS & media failure

Is there any Warrenty?

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-8/w8-toshiba-laptop-wont-boot-bios-media-failure/2130.html
Relevancy 47.73%

My to Toshiba is on install stuck OS re 'Setup failure Starting' laptop recently got knocked over after impact the screen Toshiba OS failure to re install stuck on 'Setup is Starting' went to a zigzag pattern in weird colors with a high screeching noise The only way to turn it off was to take the battery out After trying to start it up it worked fine and loaded correctly soon after i loaded my game and ran around a bit windows froze and I had to restart the laptop It loaded fine again but before i could open any programs windows froze again So I restarted it and this time it wont go past the 'Loading Windows' icon I then figured maybe the hard-drive had detached from the impact I checked the hard-drive and took it out and put it back in checked the memory which all seemed fine So I shut down the laptop again just to get stuck at the loading screen again I then turned it on and opened system repair I went through the System Repair and Restore Windows to an Earlier Time which afterwards said 'I cannot manually fix your computer please send this report ' At this point I've given up so I've resorted to the Windows Home Premium installation disc Now when i start the computer off the disc I enter the Language English then hit install Now it's at a blue screen with 'Setup is Starting ' for about hours

A:Toshiba OS failure to re install stuck on 'Setup is Starting'

Test the HD with the maker's HD Diagnostic extended CD scan, followed by a full Disk Check from Win7 disk Command Line in System Recovery Options.

Then test your RAM - Test with Memtest86+.

If these are OK then Troubleshoot Windows 7 Installation Failures - Windows 7 Help Forums.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/361369-toshiba-os-failure-re-install-stuck-setup-starting.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Satellite L -c- is a laptop sold without optical drive nor OS We bought it today Issues -we were told it quot is compatible with windows quot but from what seller told everything could be downloaded from Toshiba's website -while watching Toshiba website a link says quot no operating system inside quot Link is corrupted - quot official quot support companies are listed for Bulgarian Toshiba website are wrong people says on phone they are not official Toshiba support Technical issues -I tried to put several Windows ISO on a USB using both Rufus and official tool from Microsoft but I got error that says quot Driver for CD DVD is missing quot -In some forums it is told that testing the trick wit a USB can solve if USB fails Every USB failed Commercial issue and via toshiba.bg : USB, Satellite Failure to L50-C-215 shop pb instal bug Win7 -Even if European trade law says people have a small delay to give a non-working product back and be reinbursed when we returned the computer to Technopolis shop few hours after buying employees told us quot Problem is not hardware we don't cancel the sale we can't retake the computer and give your money back Problem is software see with Toshiba quot The best we could obtain was adress of a non-Toshiba computer service to try to ask if they could be able to install Windows I have already spent half of a day working on it What can we do to either install Windows or get the computer returned and refunded

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?92345-Satellite-L50-C-215-Failure-to-instal-Win7-via-USB-shop-pb-and-toshiba-bg-bug
Relevancy 47.3%

I've just purchased a Toshiba Satellite Pro C650 Series and need to burn a recovery disc. Can you tell me how to do so without purchased a program?

A:Recovery Disc for Toshiba

Hi and welcome to TSF there will be a program already installed on your laptop for this check the owners manual for how to do it

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/recovery-disc-for-toshiba-602940.html
Relevancy 47.3%

If you do not want to erase the contents of your hard disk drive then press A to abort.
To continue press C.

When c is pressed the CD-ROM drive light blinks a few times and then the whole system just sit.
Running set up using a windows XP standard system disk get blue screen and Hardware list goes on then get this message:
Set up did not find any hard disk drivers installed in your computer.

Make sure any hard disk drivers are powered on and properly connected to your computer and that any disk related hardware configuration is correct this may involve running a manufacturer supplied diagnostic or setup program setup cannot continue to quit set up, press F3.
Help me!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/toshiba-recovery-dvd-satelite-a35-375887.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I'm trying to restore my computer to computer factory settings but I'm encountering problems.

I've made the 4 discs, but every time it tells me to insert the next disc (not even the number). I've inserted in all 4 of them and none of them seem to get the recovery to continue.

Is there a way to recover from the partition?

Relevancy 47.3%

I have a toshiba Satellite M115 and i used the recovery disk and used delete all partitions but when i boot up now it give me this realtek media test failer,check cable/operation system not found

i know about the who changin the drives name from "Hard Disk C" to "HardDiskC" its just i dont know exactly "HOW" to change it since im not able to boot up my laptop in any way

Relevancy 47.3%

Hi

im using windows vista home preminimum
and i wanted to restore my hard drive to its original state.
i was wonderign if i use this option will i loose my drivers such as internet driver and others....??

i have lost my intenret driver CD so if it ask me then obv i wont be able to install intenret !
and if it does remove all my driver then can please tell me what should i do before i erase my hard river??

Please help

Jithin

A:Toshiba HDD Recovery question....??

Hi and welcome to the forums .

Could you please fill out your system specs under User CP so we can solve your problem.

It is likely (but not sure fire) that most of your PC's drivers are available to download from Windows Update automatically when you reinstall Vista or can be run (to some extent) on Windows Generic Drivers, your Network Card will probably work using a generic driver.

If you post your PC's make and model we can try and track down the appropriate drivers for you which you can download now, put on a flash drive/dvd and install on your computer after you reinstall Vista.

If you have any more questions or need any help please ask.

Oli

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/279418-toshiba-hdd-recovery-question.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I need to reinstall Windows XP, but I don't have the disk. I can't even remember if I got one. I have the Toshiba recovery disk. Do Toshiba include the normal Windows cd? I've torn the house apart looking for it. I found all the other stuff that came with my laptop, but not that.

Will the recovery disk do the same thing? If not, is it possible to use an XP installer cd from another computer?

Relevancy 47.3%

Hi Error Toshiba Recovery M30 I m having a little trouble with the Recovery DVD included with my Laptop I have a Toshiba M Toshiba M30 Recovery Error YSJ The recovery DVD is a norton ghost image and installs fine but once the computer start i get a BSOD I dont remember the exact error but i was able to narrow the problem down to sound card driver I did this by using my brothers XP home disk then installed the original drivers from my toshiba recovery disk one by one The computer crashed as soon as i finished installing the sound card driver and have the same error as the one upon booting up Its odd that this would happen even though the sound worked fine prior to restoring my computer using original rivers from recovery disk and while running ubuntu My laptop starts in safemode but i cannot uninstall the driver and sound card software and the BIOS has very limited options allowing for only boot configuration and nothing more The Laptop Toshiba M30 Recovery Error comes with Windows XP home SP Any suggestions on how i can solve this problem Thanks Salim nbsp

A:Toshiba M30 Recovery Error

if you were using your brothers disc, you will need to use the serial # off your laptop XP disc for entry. Also laptop CDs sometimes have special drivers. In any case try that first. You may need to download drivers from the manufactuer website.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-m30-recovery-error.88062/
Relevancy 47.3%

My HDD was almost unusable, it showed Unallocated Space (698 GB), so I had to use EaseUS recovery to recover those partitions, at least that worked and I successfully recovered my backup partition and TOSHIBA Recovery, but now It's not showing anymore as Healty (Recovery partition), all necessary recovery files are there, but the program shows no HDD Recovery area:

A:How to fix TOSHIBA Recovery partition ?

Here are some file contents:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<Reset>
<Run Phase="BasicReset_AfterImageApply">
<Path>Ricatools\bin\PbrProcPhaseB.cmd</Path>
<Param>x:</Param>
<Duration>4</Duration>
</Run>
<Run Phase="FactoryReset_AfterImageApply">
<Path>Ricatools\bin\PbrProcPhaseD.cmd</Path>
<Param>x:</Param>
<Duration>4</Duration>
</Run>
<SystemDisk>
<MinSize>109226</MinSize>
<DiskpartScriptPath>ReCreatePartitions.txt</DiskpartScriptPath>
<OSPartition>4</OSPartition>
<WindowsREPartition>1</WindowsREPartition>
<RecoveryImagePartition>5</RecoveryImagePartition>
<RestoreFromIndex>1</RestoreFromIndex>
<RecoveryImageIndex>1</RecoveryImageIndex>
<WindowsREPath>Recovery\WindowsRE</WindowsREPath>
<RecoveryImagePath>Recovery</RecoveryImagePath>
</SystemDisk>
</Reset>

ReCreatePartitions.txt

convert gpt
create partition primary size=1024
format quick fs=ntfs label="System"
set id=de94bba4-06d1-4d40-a16a-bfd50179d6ac
assign letter="T"
help
help
help
help
help
help
help
help
help
help
help
help
help
help
help
help
help
help
help
help
gpt attributes=0x8000000000000001
create partition efi size=100
format quick fs=fat32
assign letter="S"
help
help
help
help
help
help
help
help
help
help
help
help
help
help
help
help
help
help
help
help
gpt attributes=0x8000000000000000
create partition msr size=128
help
help
help
help
help
help
help
help
help
help
help
help
help
help
help
help
help
help
help
help
gpt attributes=0x8000000000000000
create partition primary
shrink minimum=11078
format quick fs=ntfs label="TI31255400A"
assign letter="W"
help
help
help
help
help
help
help
help
help
help
help
help
help
help
help
help
help
help
help
help
gpt attributes=0x0000000000000000
create partition primary size=11078
format quick fs=ntfs label="Recovery"
set id=de94bba4-06d1-4d40-a16a-bfd50179d6ac
help
help
help
help
help
help
help
help
help
help
help
help
help
help
help
help
help
help
help
help
gpt attributes=0x8000000000000001
assign letter="R"
exit

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?84178-How-to-fix-TOSHIBA-Recovery-partition
Relevancy 47.3%

I am trying to do a back to factory recovery using the recovery partition with no success. The recovery partition is seen in my computer but the recovery manager says it is not available and pressing "ZERO" at boot says the same. I tried to make recovery disk with same result any ideas? It seems that there is only 300 mb space left in recovery partition. Could there be something in the partition that should not be there?

A:Win 7 Recovery for a Toshiba trouble

can you give us the exact model name and number of the computer? What drives are listed in driver management? The recovery partition should be labeled "RECOVERY" and should be way larger than 300MB. It sounds like you are refering to the system reserve partition.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win-7-recovery-for-a-toshiba-trouble.1110940/
Relevancy 47.3%

I have a Toshiba A85 Laptop and it came packaged with a recovery CD. You can't install Windows XP directly from the DVD, you have to go through the whole recovery process. There is a ghost file on the DVD that is password protected and that is where Windows XP is stored. There is also a .CRC file in that directory which people say that is where they got there password for their Toshiba Laptop but it hasn't worked for me. Is there any way to open the ghost image so I can install Windows without it reformatting the harddrive?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/toshiba-recovery-cd-problem.414295/
Relevancy 47.3%

I m currently on the phone with my sister She has a Toshiba laptop that only once in a blue moon will boot Toshiba Recovery problems dvd into windows so she decided to reformat it She put in the Toshiba recovery DVD and its definitely booting up from the DVD but shortly after the loading message comes up she says she gets a blue screen saying something about plug and play I tried searching goggle for errors about the recovery DVD but nothing that seems to connect to her problem Does anyone have any suggestions there is nothing connected to it Also I m worried about the laptop s continued existence because she wants to take it apart to see if there is anything loose I tried telling her not to because frankly she scared to change the Toshiba Recovery dvd problems power supply in a normal computer I told her just because the software doesn t work doesn t mean the hardware doesn t Please help me to help her before she destroys the laptop completely It looks like she managed to get into windows Can anyone recomend any utilitys she can run to find and fix errors on her system nbsp

A:Toshiba Recovery dvd problems

Tell your sister to follow these instructions; I'll show all the commands she needs to type in ALL CAPS, though capital letters are NOT needed to do this. I'm using CAPS simply to make the letters easier to read...

Go to Start > Run; in the box, type this:

CHKDSK /F

then press the Enter key, or click on the OK button...

She'll see a black window open; it will display something similar to:

The type of the file system is NTFS (or FAT32).
Cannot lock current drive.

Chkdsk cannot run because the volume is in use by another process. Would you like to schedule this volume to be checked the next time the system restarts? (Y/N) n

Tell her to type the letter Y, then press Enter. The black window will then close.

Next, tell her to close ALL open programs, then reboot the system. During reboot, CheckDisk will run, and attempt to fix the file system...

Note: this test can take quite a while, depending on how much data is on the drive, and how many errors CheckDisk finds in the file system, so patience will be required when running the CHKDK /F command.

Good luck; let us know how this turns out...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/toshiba-recovery-dvd-problems.619779/
Relevancy 47.3%

I have a toshiba satellite with Windows 7; approximately 2 years old. I would like to reinstall Windows 7 and have a series of Recovery DVDs. However, I am not exactly sure how to go about doing this. I need detailed instructions as I am not very computer savvy. Can anyone help?

Relevancy 47.3%

I have this laptop with 3 Partitions
The main partition got corrupted and apparently wiped so all windows folders have been deleted and a low level format carried out
I still have the recovery sector
Just wondering how to reinstall it back onto the main partition
I tried F8 and it took me to a screen to choose language but after that it said "You must log in to access system recovery options"
I guess user data has been wiped from the main partition ?
Are there any other keys to press on startup to access the Recovery partition ?
Thanks

A:Toshiba Satellite Recovery

Look at the boot screen when you start the computer up - that's the one with the Toshiba logo all over it - and you should see commands like 'Press 'Del' for BIOS' and 'Press 'F8' for boot choices'. There will be one for 'Recovery' if you have a recovery partition. It is sometimes 'F2' but by no means always.

Press whichever is the specified key while the boot screen is showing and the recovery system should start, and once you have made one or two choices via dialogue boxes it will just run until it is completed.

TWO POINTS. The first is that this process will wipe all your own data and applications off the system. I would suggest that you take the hard drive out and slave it to another computer - you may need to use some sort of 'caddy' but they are widely available - to try and save what you can of your own data.

The second is that this process will restore your computer to the condition it was in when it was built !  This means you will have to uninstall any manufacturer installed software that you don't want, and that you will have to re-install all your own appications, and you will have all the updates to do since it was built !

The important bit here, if you decide to go down this route, is to try and back-up your own data - documents, photos, whatever - this is the valuable stuff. You say a 'low-level format has been carried out'. This may mean that your data is already gone, but see if you can still save any of it.

Good luck,

Chris Cosgrove

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/500567/toshiba-satellite-recovery/
Relevancy 47.3%

Ok, so I have all of my data saved on my D:/ Partition. I wish to format my C:/ partition and restore all the original software and settings that were on my computer when i bought it. I go to use the Recovery DVD and it doesn't give me a choice (like the website says) to format a partition, create a partition or format the whole computer. I only get a screen saying "are you sure you want to format, all data will be erased". Please, someone help me here, i would appreciate it a lot.

Thanks

Bryan

A:Solved: TOSHIBA Recovery DVD Help Please

anyone? please

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-toshiba-recovery-dvd-help-please.402419/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi,

I have a toshiba satellite L740 laptop. I have created the recovery disks from recovery media creator. I am trying to reinstall windows 7 using these disks but i'm not knowing how to do that. I am not able to enter the bios settings on start up. Should i have the original windows 7 installation cd to reinstall windows or can i use the recovery disks? I was not given any windows installation cd when i bought this laptop. What do i do now?

A:Reinstallation using recovery disks on toshiba

Hello sowmya, welcome to Seven Forums!

Have a look at the method out-lined below first and be sure to post back with how it sorts out.

Note

Be advised: this will over-write any data on the PC so be sure to copy-out your data before you start this.

Start with the PC in an OFF state.
1) Press and hold the 0 (zero) key and at the same time, hit the power button once to switch on the PC.

2) When the machine starts beeping; release the 0 key.

3) When prompted by the warning screen; select Yes to continue with the system recovery.

4) Select Recovery of Factory Default Software; click Next.

5) Select Recover to out-of-box state, click Next again.

6) Click Next to Start recovery.

4) Now just follow the prompts to finish the process.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/245589-reinstallation-using-recovery-disks-toshiba.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hello Need some help disk laptop recovery help please. Toshiba and information please to get my toshiba laptop going again Its a Satellite A - mc running Vista bit which has a pre-installed hdd recovery When I first bought it I tried making the recovery disks and it copied the first one ok but gave me an error when writing the second disk I didnt pursue this any further as didnt think I would ever need them but kept the disks anyway Fast forward a year later and now have a problem Every so often I liked to re-install Vista and would do this through the prompt keys within vista which obviously formats Toshiba laptop recovery disk help please. the hdd and puts fresh windows back on The last time I did this the procedure seemed to stop while it was formatting so had to power down On power up I now Toshiba laptop recovery disk help please. have nothing except the message BOOTMGR is missing Well I tried the recovery disks I had Took the first one ok but stopped on second disk Ive been to the Neosmart webite and got the recovery disc software which seems to give me Bootmgr and gives me the screen to do restore repair etc but because it looks like my windows Vista is not there anymoreand I cant recover it etc From that same screen I am able to enter command prompt which I can view some of my hdd in dos mode amateur at this by the way From there it looks like on C drive I have a folder Temp and Vista but to my untrained eye they look empty From the same prompt I can see on drive E with dir w that it has a folder called HDD recovery I am assuming that is my recovery Image of WinVista So what are my options in that I can only do something with my laptop through command prompt and DOS commands Can I do a copy of what is in E drive hdd recovery files and put them onto a DVD I dont how to do this or is there some other way of rescuing the software nad getting laptop to boot up Thank you for any replies

A:Toshiba laptop recovery disk help please.

Hello and wlecome to the forum.

I think this will help...

Bootmgr is missing

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/290067-toshiba-laptop-recovery-disk-help-please.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Had software trojan or virus problem so tried to restore from Ghost which said to insert the recovery disk Have recovery disks and for Toshiba laptop and inserted and computer read the first After inserting the second as requested window again popped up asking for nd disk so apparently it could not read the second disk Recovery disks were furnished with the laptop and used only once but are clean with no noticeable marks I now have one disk that will read and one good Ghost backup of entire laptop disk the other backups were made after some computer problems occured so 2nd disk not recovery read will Toshiba might be infected although AVG was used Ghost backed up the HD as five separate files to an external HD I have Norton Ghost and Norton original disks as well as 2nd Toshiba recovery disk will not read the orignial Toshiba two recovery disks one apparently bad Since I used the first recovery disk the HD was changed and now says it is missing a file required to boot and will not start Since the recovery disks worked one time I doubt BestBuy would be interested in 2nd Toshiba recovery disk will not read doing anything about the second bad recovery disk I have frequently made backups which was apparently a waste of time Is there anything to be done other than dropping the laptop off at my favorite computer repair store I have an identical laptop mine the broken one is the wife s for which the only difference is the disk content changes after an out-of-the-box condition i e both were new and bought the same day Can I use my laptop to generate a recovery disk fix her computer and then restore the drive from Ghost If so how do I make a recovery disk from my computer I have also have the recovery disks for my computer unopened but prefer not to somehow mess them up too Hopefully this does not seem too involved but believe I have noted all pertinent information Thanks Chris

A:2nd Toshiba recovery disk will not read

FWIW: Malware is not a software problem, it's a malware problem requiring an entirely different set of procedures/concepts...for overcoming such. Software problems ordinarily can be solved by simply uninstalling the software. Not so with malware...the efffects on the system may be felt long after the malware items have been removed.

As for recovery disks...the system manufacturer is responsible for determining how they work...what they do...what they won't do.

There is no standard rule for recovery disks...they may vary from manufacturer to manufacturer and even system to system within the product line of a given manufacturer.

You would have to read the documentation for your particular system...to become knowledgeable about these disks.

I myself don't have any systems with recovery disks and the one OEM (Dell] laptop I own...I've done a clean install of Win 7 with a MS Upgrade DVD which I purchased.

Louis

Although your title is about Ghost...which is a backup software...I don't see much about it. If you have a backup, then you should restore it...assuming that it's useable and was properly made. I've not used Ghost, I still use its predecessor (Powerquest Drive Image) when I want to do backups of XP.

If you want recovery disks for your wife's system...I suggest contacting the manufacturer of said system.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/338725/2nd-toshiba-recovery-disk-will-not-read/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi guys I had some problems with my laptop and decided to get back to factory settings But during the process due to some errors which I did'nt understand format process was broken and I guess recovery section in my hard drive had been damaged So I couldn't use boot from hard drive Becacuse Toshiba didn't give me recovery disc when I bought it I had to boot pc with cracked windows I never use illegal softwares but I had to do this temporarily Anyway now Toshiba sold me for an extra money thanks Toshiba Today I got the cargo and Toshiba Turkey sent me two recovery discs In first disc there are preinst swm files under ZZIMAGES folder And in the second disc there are some folders named like bin boot efi planfolder sources etc What should I do know Hot recovery with Toshiba Trouble process to get back to my original windows And how can I make a usb recovery disc from these two Trouble with Toshiba recovery process recovery DVDs Thanks you best regards

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?94249-Trouble-with-Toshiba-recovery-process
Relevancy 46.87%

Dear forum members,

can any of you help me with the Toshiba original Recovery CD for my Portege P2000. Mine doesn't unfortunately work and I have to re-install the system.

Many many thanks in advance for whoever might be able to help me.
Regards from Paris
rainer

A:Recovery CD for Toshiba Portege P2000

I think you will have to go to an ASP. They should be able to order such a disc for you.

You can use this page to find an ASP near you:

http://eu.computers.toshiba-europe.com

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?35135-Recovery-CD-for-Toshiba-Portege-P2000
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi I have a TOSHIBA SATELLITE A100 LAPTOP. PART NUMBER, PSAA8C-SK800E. I recently got this laptop from a friend. It is not even a year old however i want to do a clean install of WINDOWS XP. The problem is, He nor I, never recieved a RECOVERY DVD when he originaly got this laptop last september. The laptop is still under warrenty until september 15th 2007, i just need to know how or where to get the recovery dvd. I searched the toshiba site, but i dont know where or what to do or go. Will i still be able to get a free recovery dvd?

THANKS in advance.
Problem : Need Recovery DVD, laptop is still under factory warrenty.

Relevancy 46.87%

Hello
I am trying to recover factory default software on my Toshiba Satellite L775D-S7132.
I received the 4 disks from Toshiba 3 days ago & have been trying to load it, however on the last disk near the end it comes up (Can't read from the source file or disk) with options of -Try Again, Skip, or Cancel. I have tried all with no favorable results.
When I turn it on without booting from disk it gets hung on - Initializing the partition. Please wait.
Any help would be welcome.
Gene

A:Toshiba Recovery Media Disks

Sometimes you can "fix" a bad CD/DVD by copying it to a blank CD and using that disk to do the installation. The last disk is probably bad. The optical drive could also be bad, although since it worked for the first 3 disks it is probably good.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/toshiba-recovery-media-disks-665754.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Not sure if I'm in the correct forum?  I tried to redo my Satellite P300 with the recovery discs I burnt when I bought the laptop.  No recovery partition on this model. The discs indicated an error right at the very end, and of course by that time the "C" drive was wiped.  Outside of buying recovery discs from Toshiba, if they're still available, does anyone have any ideas?  Thanks for any help you can provide. 

A:Toshiba Satellite Recovery Disc

I would try running the recovery discs again, this may have been a 'blip' and may not repeat. Make sure the discs are clean.

Failing that, what OS did you have on this laptop - XP, Vista, Win 7 ?  If you have a Windows validation code on a sticker on the bottom, and can lay your hands on an install disc for your OS, you can re-install Windows that way. The only problem you are likely to have is sourcing the drivers for the graphics, sound, wi-fi, etc. and the best place to go for them is the Toshiba web-site. If you google 'Toshiba satellite P300 drivers' you will find a number of links.

If all else fails, you can always try Toshiba for recovery discs. I have a set for a Satellite of slightly older vintage and I must admit I have never checked them for integrity !

Chris Cosgrove

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/516288/toshiba-satellite-recovery-disc/
Relevancy 46.87%

I have a Toshiba Satellite P205D that runs on Windows Vista. I was having a few occasional problems with my CD/DVD drive, my updates wouldn't install, and many of my programs were seemingly corrupted as well. I tried to do a system recovery to the factory settings, and now I'm getting a message on start-up that my bootmgr is missing . None of my F keys are working, except F2 and F12. I have made several attempts at recovery since with two brand new sets of recovery disks. I have gotten the following error messages: 0x8007045D Boot: WIM; Boot .SDI; Preinst.crc and Preinst. SWM. I tried changing my boot order, and received an F3-F000-0008 message. I am desperate for help and would greatly appreciate any suggestions

Relevancy 46.87%

Hi,

I am recovering right now a Toshiba Laptop C655-55503 Windows 7 using 4 Recovery CDs that comes with. I am just running the 4th recovery CD to finish but, with the CD?s is coming also a 5th CD named ?Toshiba C655-55503 Windows Recovery Entironment?. My question is, how do I have use this 5th recovery environment CD after finishing the recovering process? Thanks

A:How do I use a Toshiba Windows Recovery Environment CD?. Help please

Does it ask you to put in disc 5 ? It could be just drivers and other software.

Not sure ? Call Toshiba.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/265184-how-do-i-use-toshiba-windows-recovery-environment-cd-help-please.html
Relevancy 46.87%

My niece has a Toshiba Satellite laptop on which the harddrive died. My aunt ordered a new drive from newegg a couple of days ago. My question is this, will her Toshiba Recovery CD's work on the new hard drive or will she need an actual reinstallation CD for XP home? Thank you for any help in this matter.

Relevancy 46.87%

For many reasons machine would not boot but in safe mode. I was able to backup my personal data in safe mode ... Then proceeded to do the recovery process ... I tried regular recovery , wiped out the disk , but thesame thing happens .. After the process the system reboots and I get the status bar ... it runs about 4 secs and hangs up?.. Help .. fyi I was able to load xp professional without a problem but would rather keep this as the Vista that ws on it... any ideas

A:Toshiba a130 recovery issues - help

What exactly are you trying to do in safe mode, first of all? and since you have everything backed up, it might be a good idea to go ahead and re-install from scratch....

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/160391-toshiba-a130-recovery-issues-help.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I have this laptop with 3 Partitions

The main partition got corrupted and apparently wiped so all windows folders have been deleted and a low level format carried out

I still have the recovery sector

Just wondering how to reinstall it back onto the main partition

I tried F8 and it took me to a screen to choose language but after that it said "You must log in to access system recovery options"

I guess user data has been wiped from the main partition ?

Are there any other keys to press on startup to access the Recovery partition ?

Thanks

Relevancy 46.87%

Hello I recently decided to recover my Laptop Toshiba Equium A - using the recovery DVD supplied with my laptop Unfortunately my DVD drive has been a little dodgy for a while and midway through loading some files off of the DVD the drive packed up completely I have tried and tried but now it won t boot off of the DVD drive and Windows XP won t start at all When booting from the HDD following failing to access the DVD I get an error stating PXE-E media test failure check cable PXE-M F Exiting PXE Rom Invalid Partition Table I can still access the data on the recovery disk from other computer Is there any way I can move the data onto say a USB hard drive and boot from this I have seen web pages about how boot disk can be created from USB pen drives but I don t think that would work for me as I believe these purely set up the BIOS to read a windows XP install disk from a CD drive Am I right Failing this If I use a USB DVD drive will the BIOS be able to run the recovery disk from this Or any other ideas Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/toshiba-dvd-recovery-with-broken-dvd-drive.707831/
Relevancy 46.87%

Oh [insert high-pitched beeping .wav file here]!

My computer has just crashed, and i just found out that i have lost the Toshiba Recovery CD. Apparently, according to my dad's computer friend, there are 'some sites' that provide downloads of a "boot file" that is able to recover the Windows Operating system. i honestly think that is just bogus. Any helpful hints?
thanks
Me

A:Lost Toshiba Recovery Disk

The recovery CD will not recover any files that were originally on the hard drive, it will just overwrite everything with a fresh copy of Windows. You can request these CDs directly from Toshiba.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-toshiba-recovery-disk.711546/
Relevancy 46.87%

How can i use my recovery disk that I created after I got the laptop it is a Toshiba L450D 12X and I not sure how to use them any suggestions? Its running Windows 7 Pro

Link: Satellite Pro L450D-12X - Toshiba

Many Thanks

A:How do i use my recovery disks? Toshiba L450D

Hi there .. I think this is what you are looking for ....
How to recover a Toshiba notebook with the HDD recovery procedure

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/313874-how-do-i-use-my-recovery-disks-toshiba-l450d.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi I have a Toshiba L875-12v
Serial Number ZC317533R
I discovered that the windows reagentc was disabled then I enabled it then when I clicked refresh your computer without affecting your files it came out with there was a problem refreshing your pc

please help I want to go back to windows 8

A:HELP!!! can't refresh pc from toshiba recovery image

if you use the Toshiba recovery image it will put your laptop back to factory setup ,the way it was when you first bought it .you will loose all your files .

if your laptop came with win8 and you updated to win8.1 then you have an issue ,that's why you get the message you get.
to the best of my knowledge you cant get back to win8 from 8.1 using this feature ,you will need to back up your personal files ,and use the Toshiba recover to get back to win8 .
check out this thread ,its about the same thing you are trying to do ,good luck .
Windows 8.1 downgrade back to windows 8

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/57067-help-cant-refresh-pc-toshiba-recovery-image.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi I have a failing Toshiba laptop which was Toshiba product disc recovery unable to boot into windows I sent off to Toshiba for a product recovery disc quoting the serial number on the bottom of Toshiba product recovery disc the laptop I boot from this CD and it goes into recovery asks me to Toshiba product recovery disc select language etc and then loads all the files All seems to be ok at this stage but then when it switches itself off after saying all files loaded ok I get the following error after reboot - File windows system config system status xc c Windows failed to load because the system registry file is missing or corrupt Does this point to a hard drive failure If so how do all the files appear to load on recovery For further info I have an identical laptop and when I tried swapping the hard drives the same thing happens but on the other laptop Thanks for your time and assistance All contributions gratefully received and after a further attempt a different error - Windows failed to start A Recent Hardware or software change might be the cause Then asks me to Insert Windows Intallation disc and restart file windows system drivers lsi fc sys status xc c Windows failed to load because a critical system driver is missing or corrupt Slimbo

A:Toshiba product recovery disc

You gonna need to use the Startup repair from the windows disc.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/353612/toshiba-product-recovery-disc/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi, my wife's computer, a Toshiba A105, has a virus and when Windows loads it won't do anything--START doesn't work, you can't click or right click and then the mouse freezes.

I did get it all to load once to the point where I could run system restore, but when I chose a restore point and clicked on next it would just sit there, it wouldn't work.

So I wanted to restore from the Recovery and Applications DVD, and I booted from it. It offered two options, one of which reformatted and created a new partition, and one which just said it would restore the factory software.

QUESTION: Will it also wipe my hard disk and erase all her files?

I just want to restore or re-install Windows, I don't want to lose any of her files.

Is this possible with the Toshiba Recovery DVD? Thanks! Daniel

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/toshiba-recovery-will-it-delete-my-files-341111.html
Relevancy 46.87%

My Satellite 2520CDT unable to start up hence I use the Recovery CD 1 & 2 to recover. After successfully going thru cd 1 & 2 , then it initiate the selection of win98 and then F3D error message appear? I think it is no operating system error msg?
Can any 1 help me to resolve this, thanks.
RMT

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/toshiba-recovery-error-message-f3d.283977/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi

Toshiba L series laptop - L50-B1-1NL
Toshiba Original Recovery media on usb stick
Do I use a usb2 port or usb3 port to install/recover from

Do I reset BIOS settings to dwfault before recovery
Where would I find a copy of BIOS settings for the L50-B1-1NL

regards

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?91920-Toshiba-L-series-laptop-L50-B1-1NL-Recovery
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi, my laptop has a 250GB hard drive which is split Windows (C) 116GB and Data(D) 116GB. The Data contains the Toshiba HDD Recovery Software(7GB).

My C drive is nearly full, is there anyway I can either reduce the size of the D partition or remove it totally.

My operating system is Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit.

Thanks for your help.

A:Toshiba Satellite Pro C650-18D HDD Recovery

Please post back a screenshot of your maximized Disk Management drive map with listings showing all columns, using the Snipping Tool in Start Menu, so we can advise you better.

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/195933-toshiba-satellite-pro-c650-18d-hdd-recovery.html
Relevancy 46.87%

i have just bought a new HDD and have realized that i need a PRODUCT RECOVERY CD for my TOSHIBA SATELLITE A50.. without this i am unable to install XP...

Does any know where i could download or find a recovery CD??????

thankz

A:Need a Product recovery CD for TOSHIBA SATELLITE A50

I just searched Google:
http://www.gennersales.eu/recovery/toshibasatellite.htm

Hope that helps

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-a-product-recovery-cd-for-toshiba-satellite-a50.96456/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hey all First post on this forum My question is I am currently running windows on my laptop It CD Toshiba Windows Recovery (Vista) 7/ came with vista preinstalled along with a toshiba recovery dvd that installs not Windows 7/ Toshiba Recovery CD (Vista) just windows but all the apps I want to dual boot with vista I set up another partition already and I wanted to install the recovery disk on the nd partition I have no idea how to do this seeing that when i use the disk it will delete all partitions and restore it to out-of-box condition Both partitions are of ample size Gb each Plenty of Ram GB a fast machine all around I wouldnt think there would be any hardware issues I dont know if anyone knows a way around this I also have been hearing a lot about being able to pull the windows instalation files of the recovery disk and not have to worry about the other bells and whistles on the cd Im open to all comments and sorry about my unorganized post Build Toshiba Satellite L -S Came with vista but now have Windows RC build GB HDD partitions GB each Pentium dual core cpu GHz

A:Windows 7/ Toshiba Recovery CD (Vista)

Hi

How about making a clone image or your working partition to the 2nd one?
Using a utility such as Norton Ghost you can backup your entire working system as an image file to the spare partition. This is included in the Hirens Boot Disc and you can then perform a full recovery from this if and when required.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-toshiba-recovery-cd-vista-381111.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Could any one tell me where I could get a recovery disk for Toshiba 425cds? I have called Toshiba and they don't have any and I have a 425 that has crashed and I need one bad.

A:Need a recovery disk for toshiba 425cds

You don't have a plain jane copy of Win95/98? You don't need the recovery CD to install Windoz on the laptop. All it does is install a lot of useless utilites and Toshiba stuff. Windows will recognize every device in that laptop and install the drivers for it. I think i have a copy of it at work if you really need it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-a-recovery-disk-for-toshiba-425cds.53288/
Relevancy 46.87%

Toshiba Satellite M -S Ghz Intel Processor GB RAM GB HDD XP Home SP After an infection a Toshiba recovery and disinfection with the help of some excellent folks here at this site the computer is disinfected and running However the internet is noticeably slower and Toshiba Slowed Internet After Recovery Embarqmail is crawling or stalling I contacted Embarq who told me to make sure all the noise filters were working then unhook all phone lines fax line satellite line and see if the connection speeded up That was a big help - NOT Everything is just like it was a few days ago before all the computer trouble when the internet Internet Slowed After Toshiba Recovery was working fine and Embarq was being Embarq but at least it was working Their solution to the Embarqmail site being slow or stopped was to use Outlook Express I've never had good success with Outlook Express - after using a while it simply refuses to send out anything Right now it will receive mail but will not send mail even though all settings look correct I use Zone Alarm Security Suite which includes a firewall if that helps Any advice will be welcomed and appreciated Thanks in advance Sharon HomesickInTexas P S Can someone tell me how to get email just when someone replies to a post I've made and not whenever anyone starts a new topic in this forum or any forum I'm using I'm getting a TON of email alerts

A:Internet Slowed After Toshiba Recovery

Can someone tell me how to get email just when someone replies to a post I've made and not whenever anyone starts a new topic in this forum or any forum I'm using? I'm getting a TON of email alerts.Is Outlook Express configured to view Newsgroups?Have a look at this article: Using Outlook Express To View Newsgroups.Are you getting any error messages or having trouble accessing websites?Lets start with the suggestions in Help! My computer is slow.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/115180/internet-slowed-after-toshiba-recovery/
Relevancy 46.87%

How d I do a Destructive Recovery on a Toshiba Satellite L305D-S5928. I have no discs, but I would like to reset to factory new.

A:Destructive Recovery Toshiba Satellite

Your computer may have a recovery partition on the hard drive. Try holding down the 0 (zero) key while powering up the computer from a totally off state. If the computer has such a partition, you will get a Toshiba Recovery Wizard screen. One of the options will be to restore the factory software. Selecting that should then change the screen to give you the option to restore to "out-of-the-box" state.

Click the "User Guide" tab on this page for the computer's on-line user manual that includes information on recovery options.
http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/...305D-S5928&selCategory=3&selFamily=1073768663

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/destructive-recovery-toshiba-satellite.895688/
Relevancy 46.87%

Just a review I don t know is anyone remembers that I took in this program Home/Toshiba recovery XP Toshiba Satellite A -S running XP Home SP to repair Well I now own it I have the recovery and Applications disk so I can wipe this clean and get it back to factory settings This XP Home/Toshiba recovery program is a real high end laptop and has a lot of Toshiba bells and whistles The BIOS XP Home/Toshiba recovery program as out of date Question should I flash the BIOS before or after I wipe this In all my years I have never flashed BIOS so my cautious side is kicking in quite like when I was learning how to edit the Registry There are a couple XP Home/Toshiba recovery program conflicts as the first owner had it networked with other computers and willy nilly put in several ways to connect to the net most of which do not work Dialup works and I can plug in my daughter s AT amp T modem and that works but I want the wireless to kick in I have a wireless CardBus adapter but when I plug it in it disables the mouse I hope this is only a malfunction because of all the junk on here Whomever had this first overclocked it to the max I want to know if that will interfere with the recovery Pretty sweet machine actually I need ideas thoughts etc before I do this recovery You guys are the best Jann

A:XP Home/Toshiba recovery program

Restore-to-factory-defaults...does exactly what it states.

Nothing that is currently on the system should impact that, unless you have hardware problemx.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/401048/xp-hometoshiba-recovery-program/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hello everyone I bought a used Lap top off of a former classmate of HDD I Toshiba my Satellite How repair recovery my on do mine and after using it for about months I decided to do a complete factory restore on it to clean it up I do not have any recovery disks so I need to do the factory restore using the HDD for some reason I can not How do I repair my recovery HDD on my Toshiba Satellite run the factory restore I follow the correct steps FAQ How do I run a System Recovery Support Toshiba Computers Laptops How do I repair my recovery HDD on my Toshiba Satellite Notebooks Tablets Televisions DVD and Blu-Ray Players Camcorders Storage Accessories and more but it will not go into the restore mode It just beeps and starts windows Is my recovery driver corrupt How can I repair it I have a Toshiba Satillite and it is running Windows I think it might have originally been running Windows XP and the previous owner upgraded to Windows I've lost contact with the guy I bought the lap-top from See attached for a screen shot of my drivers I hope someone can help me out Thanks Ro

A:How do I repair my recovery HDD on my Toshiba Satellite

If he upgraded to win7 - the recovery partition would contain XP.

The upgrade proces would likely cause problems with accesing it.

If you need a win7 install disc, you can get the .iso files from links at my digital life.

Just google:

win 7 sp1 iso my digital life

You would need the windows 7 product key. get it from your existing installation , before you reinstall.

You can find that with any number of programs - http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/product_cd_key_viewer.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/247955-how-do-i-repair-my-recovery-hdd-my-toshiba-satellite.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I have a Toshiba laptop that I would like to reinstall/restore to the "factory delivered" state (so username wizard etc opens on next reboot). I don't have the recovery CD.
There doesn't seem to be any EISA partition on the machine, but there is an I386 folder in C:, is that sufficient?

The 120GB disk is laid out like this:
Code:
partition 1, C: (55GB)
I386
TOSHIBA
WINDOWS

partition 2, D: (55GB)
(empty)
Thanks
Mike

A:Reinstall Toshiba laptop without recovery CD?

Welcome to TSG

there is an I386 folder in C:, is that sufficient?Click to expand...

looks good, yes

How to Create a Bootable Windows XP Setup CD/DVD on a System with Windows Pre-loaded

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/reinstall-toshiba-laptop-without-recovery-cd.633135/
Relevancy 46.87%

Perhaps an odd problem, but I need help:

I have a Toshiba A205 that came with Vista installed. I?ve obtained a set of XP Toshiba recovery disks for this computer which I want to install in a dual-boot arrangement. I know how to set up the dual-boot but I am afraid to run the XP recovery disk for fear it will over-write my Vista partition (C instead of installing to the D: partition I?ve set up.

Does anyone know how to use a Toshiba recovery disc to install to an alternate partition? Thanks!

A:Install XP from Toshiba Recovery Disk to D:???

I think the recovery disk will disregard the partition and overwrite vista unless you first make the C: drive partition invisible (non-bootable). Then you may be able to run teh recovery disk to the D: drive. Then....re-enable your C: partition.

Beware...this idea is messy because your MFT is getting re-written 3-4 times

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/193560-install-xp-toshiba-recovery-disk-d.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I got this laptop in for repairs recently and it has been a very tricky one I already told the client that I don t think it can be fixed but my curiosity has driven me to keep working on it This system came in unable to startup freezes during startup or said no boot device present I pulled the HDD out and scanned it from another computer Sure enough every error check would freeze around Note that I said freeze not display an error I would have to end task to close the windows drive check Chkdsk r from command prompt resulted in the same freezing partway through Disk copy and clone software would also freeze partway So during failure - drive after Toshiba Shuts OS install A305-S6898 off Satellite I copied the users files off manually and went to load a new Toshiba Satellite A305-S6898 - Shuts off during OS install after drive failure HDD in the laptop Every Toshiba Satellite A305-S6898 - Shuts off during OS install after drive failure time the OS install disk would load there would be Toshiba Satellite A305-S6898 - Shuts off during OS install after drive failure problems Sometimes it would freeze during the quot loading windows quot screen of the windows install Sometimes it would get to the install process and freeze right after selecting the disk to use Lately the most common problem is at variable points in the initial install loading process the system will just power cycle and restart At this point I ran memtest and found no errors Just the same I switched out the RAM and still it had problems I tried multiple different OS install disks and set bios back to defaults The problem persisted never being able to install a new OS I tried different hard drives external dvd drive and installing from a USB stick Oddly enough half of my repair utilities simply won t load things like seagate disk utilities paragon and acronis disk directors either freezing or giving weird errors like quot cd drive not present quot or quot memory not found quot The only thing that will run without freezing or restarting seems to be memtest which makes me think it s not an overheating issue since this can run for hours Frankly I m stumped It seems odd that the hard drive failed at the same time as whatever component is causing this problem so I assume either coincidence or some sort of drive controller failure that caused damage to the drive as well as making the system freeze while loading most any volume Any thoughts nbsp

A:Toshiba Satellite A305-S6898 - Shuts off during OS install after drive failure

Yeah, it may be a motherboard issue... Have you tried removing or resetting the CMOS battery?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-satellite-a305-s6898-shuts-off-during-os-install-after-drive-failure.193323/
Relevancy 46.44%

When booting up, the "Media Test Failure, Check Cable" message always appears. During use the LCD displays glowing pixels in various colors (appear as patchy snow and/or lines). This has been happening intermittently for months. The machine otherwise functions perfectly. What part do I need to replace - LCD, mother board, cable, video card, other?

Relevancy 46.44%

I have a Toshiba Portege M Tablet PC It has no built-in or external CD-ROM DVD or M200 Portege Toshiba Tablet PC recovery Floppy drives It has bios settings that will allow it to boot from HDD FDD CD-ROM Toshiba Portege M200 Tablet PC recovery or LAN I have Toshiba Portege M200 Tablet PC recovery the Toshiba Recovery DVD from the manufacturer The Toshiba support site lists the supported external CD DVD drives that will work with the recovery disk I don amp t have any of these and I am trying to use a generic DVD drive with an IDE to USB adapter I am able to connect the DVD drive with this adapter to a computer running XP and I am able to access DVD amp s on that computer The recovery disk has instructions that tell me to use an external DVD drive to perform the recovery but isn amp t as specific as the website as to which DVD drive to use As a side note the instructions do say that the drive cannot be formatted in NTFS I think that I just need to find a way to copy the sys files onto the hard drive and then copy a generic DVD driver onto the hard drive so I can access the DVD when it is attached to the Tablet PC I would greatly appreciate any experience or suggestions as to how I might get this to work without having to buy one of these specific DVD drives that the Toshiba Site suggests After reading other posts for similar issues although these other posts didn amp t provide an answer for me I thought I might want to clarify a little I have pulled the hard drive out of the tablet and hooked it up to a desktop using an adapter I can format the drive and copy files to it using this method However I am unable to run the Recovery disk on this machine When I try running the recovery disk it gives me an error message stating that the disk can only be run on my specific model Tablet PC To clarify even further the Recovery DVD is a system restore disk that reinstalls Windows Tablet PC and the applications that are specifically designed for this Tablet PC and provide specific functionality that are only available on the Tablet PC Thanks nbsp

A:Toshiba Portege M200 Tablet PC recovery

I thought I should add; I have hooked the tablet hard drive up to the desktop as a primary hard drive and tried formatting it, copied the sys files over and windows 98 startup files to the drive. Then I put the hard drive back into the tablet, hooked up the external DVD drive and powered on the laptop. It errors out stating that it cannot connect to the external drive.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/toshiba-portege-m200-tablet-pc-recovery.501009/
Relevancy 46.44%

ok got a big issue, maybe someone can help me out on this.. anyways first of all the recovery partition is on the drive.. second it is as if not there.. or wont run due to me running a windows 8 disk (made from another pc trying to reset it.. although there was never the option to do so).. ive tried imagex and still no go.. maybe I did it wrong? or am I missing something entirely..
everytime I tried to access the recovery after by using 0 (zero) all I get is the BSOD.. ive been trying to see if there is a way to use cmd to force it to run possibly? or some other way?

btw its windows 8 x64 core

edit

the recovery partition has all the drive files I believe, I can see them in regular windows.. just cant seem to get it to tie with boot

A:Toshiba C855D-S5320 recovery partition

How to make Toshiba Recovery disks.
Toshiba How-To: Create System Recovery Media DVDs on a Windows 8 Laptop - YouTube
Toshiba How-To: Understanding Windows 8 system recovery options - YouTube
Creating Recovery Media for Windows 8 - TOSHIBA FORUMS

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/43800-toshiba-c855d-s5320-recovery-partition.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hello all,
Question for you , i have a toshiba and when i turn it on it doesnt give me a splash screen it bots right into the recovery partition what can i do so i can get my splash screen back and hange boot device ? I cant even get into the BIOS.
Chris

A:Toshiba satellite booting to recovery partition

Hold down the F2 key and then power-on the computer.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/toshiba-satellite-booting-to-recovery-partition-640980.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi all

I wanted to recover my original Windows that i created 2 DVDs when i first bought the laptop.
the first DVD worked OK and erased everything, then it won't read my second DVD although it appears fine to me and can be read on other devices.

is there any way i can recover my original windows?

i tried pressing 0 when starting up but no use.

thanks a lot

A:Toshiba Recovery - 2nd disk doesn't work

Hi

This is very bad situation now. All you can do is to try again. Make second DVD clean and try it again.
I really hope this will work somehow. If not, you have a big problem.

Before recovery image installation starts whole HDD will be formatted so there is no chance to start HDD recovery installation from the HDD (using 0 at start-up).

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?82327-Toshiba-Recovery-2nd-disk-doesn-t-work
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi i have had this Recovery Media Toshiba uninstall Creator cant problem for a week or so i keep getting a error when trying to uninstall this program i think this happened because i had to restore a week ago and since cant uninstall Toshiba Recovery Media Creator then it wont cant uninstall Toshiba Recovery Media Creator remove through programs and features i have tried a few third party uninstalls but they wouldnt work either i have posted on another forum but havnt found a solution yet this is what i have said Hi i cant seem to uninstall Recovery Media Creator everytime i try to uninstall it i seem to get a red x error message with error code - x I think this was caused by system restore it may have removed a file in the trusted installer folder i have literally tried everything i know of but cant seem to remove it I have got all my recovery so i was trying to remove it because of that and it kind of annoys me when i cant remove a program i have no idea how to manually remove programs but i do have a bit of knowledge with operating systems so if theres any advice on that would be great Kind Regards Kaya

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/587390/cant-uninstall-toshiba-recovery-media-creator/
Relevancy 46.44%

i am using the toshiba a200/a205 recovery disk sending my laptop back to the factory settings and i get to the second disk and at the end bootmgr is missing. what is the problem?

A:BootMgr missing from Toshiba Recovery Disk

Re-install using the recovery partition if an option.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/bootmgr-missing-from-toshiba-recovery-disk-312677.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hey guys!

For one reason and another I'm considering ordering a Toshiba C660 recovery disk' (Mainly because I would like to sell this laptop and a clean install of Windows 7 is more appealing and secure) but before I go ahead and buy the disk from Toshiba, I presume I will have to enter the windows 7 product key printed on the bottom of my laptop?

The only real problem with this is the key has faded quite badly (Being on the bottom it's seen some use..) and I can't quite make out the last few numbers on the sticker

Is there a way I can get a new key? Or get around entering the key on the new install of windows?

For those interested, a photo of the sticker is below, maybe someone with better eyesight could help?

<Image removed to avoid piracy - ETAF Moderator>

A:Toshiba C660 Recovery Disk - Few Questions

I removed the image, because if anyone can read the key - they can use it and put on the internet for anyone to use

Use this program and you will get the key
https://www.magicaljellybean.com/keyfinder/

you can also use Belarc - System Management For The Internet Age. Software license management, IT asset management, IT security audits and more.
to get the key

Also goto the toshiba site and download all the drivers for the PC and put them on a Disk - that will make it easy to re-install any drivers if needed.

Also you could probably make the recovery DVD your self - if the PC has a recovery partition
You should have a recovery manager to create the media

have a look at
Control Panel
Administrative Tools
Computer Manager
Disk Manager

should see if there is a partition called recovery

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/toshiba-c660-recovery-disk-few-questions-920962.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi

i cant seem to uninstall Recovery Media Creator everytime i try to uninstall it i seem to get a red x error message with error code (-5005 : 0x80070002),

I think this was caused by system restore it may have removed a file in the trusted installer folder, i have literally tried everything i know of but cant seem to remove it.

I have got all my recovery so i was trying to remove it because of that and it kind of annoys me when i cant remove a program i have no idea how to manually remove programs but i do have a bit of knowledge with operating systems so if theres any advice on that would be great.

Kind Regards
Kaya90

A:Cant uninstall Toshiba Recovery Media Creator

Visit Toshiba download page, download and reinstall Toshiba Recovery Media Creator. I hope this will fix your problem and after doing this you will be able to remove it.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?84289-Cant-uninstall-Toshiba-Recovery-Media-Creator
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi, My Toshiba laptop A205-S4617 crashed miserably and I have lost my recovery CD somewhere. Please help me about how to restore the Laptop to atleast the intial factory setting mode. Or else can any one help me in getting the Recovery CD. It was running VISTA.

A:(Resolved) Recovery CD for Toshiba A205-S4617

Hello and Welcome to TSF.

Unfortunately, Toshiba doesn't offer replacement CDs. They suggest either taking it to a Toshiba service center (for $75) or buying a retail copy of Windows.

http://askiris.toshiba.com/ToshibaSu...200%2016149286

Before you go spending money , let's try this.

With the unit powered down press and hold the zero key on your keyboard while powering the unit up. If it's equipped with it, the Toshiba Recovery Wizard should open, and it's pretty much self explanatory from there.

Let me know how it goes.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/resolved-recovery-cd-for-toshiba-a205-s4617-174696.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Is it possible to reinstall Windows XP Home edition with the recovery DVD that Toshiba shipped with my laptop?

Relevancy 46.44%

My girlfriend's laptop is about to get a bit of an overhaul. Extra RAM should be here tomorrow then I'm gonna wipe it and reinstall XP.

It's an Equium A60 as far as I can work out (similar/same as a Satellite A60?) running XP home. She can't find the recovery disk (if it even has one?) and I only have XP Pro.

Can I use my XP pro the same way as I would on a normal desktop? i.e. stick the CD in and boot from it to install a fresh OS? Is there anything I need to look out for on a laptop?

Done loads of desktops but never formatted a laptop before!

Cheers

Relevancy 46.44%

Hi i need help , I live in Calgary Alberta (thats in Canada) , and i lost my toshiba 4600 satilite recovery software, i need to know where i can find it, im sure very few stores carry them, but is there anyway i can order them off the internet, and if any one knows who makes them , can u let me know, thanks a bunch
Thank u so so so much

Chandy

A:HELP.. i need to know where i can get recovery software for me toshiba satilite 4600.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-i-need-to-know-where-i-can-get-recovery-software-for-me-toshiba-satilite-4600.210800/
Relevancy 46.44%

I'm in the middle of restoring a Toshiba 5205-S504 and the third and last CD is for a Satellite 6100.

This machine is supposed to be up tomorrow. This was the first time I opened the restore CD pack. I did not notice the error until wiping the drive and restoring. It's a custom Ghost task.

Just got off the phone with Toshiba and head supervisor on call does/will not provide the files for me to download.

Anyone with the same unit out there? I can provide an FTP site for someone to upload the files to.

This is legit - I can provide full identity and I'm only missing the last cd.

thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/urgent-toshiba-5205-s504-need-recovery-cd-3.204101/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi all, I have a problem with my Satellite T130. I have to start the Toshiba HDD Recovery but the computer tell me that there isn't a valid HDD recovery on the PC. Probably this is a my fahter's fault. There is another way to start the recovery?

Thanks

A:Satellite T130 - Can't start the Toshiba HDD recovery

Hi buddy,

How do you try to start the HDD recovery procedure?

The complete HDD recovery procedure is described here so please check this article:
http://aps2.toshiba-tro.de/kb0/HTD1303440001R01.htm

If it doesn?t work your only option you have is using the recovery medium. Did you create it as mentioned in user manual?

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?62982-Satellite-T130-Can-t-start-the-Toshiba-HDD-recovery
Relevancy 46.44%

Hello This is the situation I have Toshiba T notebook with no DVD drive After installing Win I shrinked D partition by tool in Win and used the free space to install Linux with GRUB Then I shrinked the C partition also by Win tool and creation Toshiba T130 recovery - Satellite USB used the free space to create another one This however told me something about Satellite T130 - Toshiba recovery USB creation dynamic disk or something But somehow it broke GRUB so I decided to reinstall Linux But the partitions were somehow broken but I installed Linux on the last partition Since then I could not boot Windows nor repair it because D partition was actually deleted C partition with Win seemed intact When Satellite T130 - Toshiba recovery USB creation trying to repair computer and try to fix boot Satellite T130 - Toshiba recovery USB creation I got an error x or something with partition table error So therefore I deliberately decided to create new partition table using Gparted which wiped off my HDD Then I set up new partitions x NTFS MB recovery Win partition and another one extended partition containing NTFS partition ext partition swap Then I copied files from hidden which I had backed up previously into hidden partition on the laptop HDD I copied Toshiba recovery folder into rd NTFS partition I had backed up those files immediately after getting the laptop Now I'm stuck with xc e error when trying to boot I also followed this thread http forums computers toshiba-europe com forums thread jspa threadID amp tstart Can you help me to make Win boot And which program to use to make Win bit recovery CD bootable from USB I tried unetbootin and pendrive but they didn't work All advices will be very appreciated Thank you very much

A:Satellite T130 - Toshiba recovery USB creation

Oh mann what are you doing is amazing. ;)
The whole HDD structure is now screwed up. I?m just asking myself why you have done this on this small Satellite T130.
I mean it is all OK what are you doing and you can do what you want with your machine but my personal opinion is that you have wrong notebook for all this.

Satellite T130 is small ultra portable notebook designed to offer maximum of mobility and offer long battery running time when you are out of office or travelling around. So I think most important thing for such notebook is well installed and configured OS that runs stabile and with minimum of power consumption. This notebook doesn?t have optical disc drive and the whole situation is more complicated if the original ?factory settings? are changed.

What you have now on HDD is nothing but ?jungle? and for me it seems pretty confused.
If you have checked ?User?s manuals? document you can find exact explanation what can be done with recovery image saved on second partition and what kind of recovery media can be created.

Recovery image is not designed for usage with third part applications so it can be problematic to create recovery USB disc.
Thread link you posted is best thread about this theme and if this will not help I really don't know what you can except to order original Toshiba recovery DVD and make clean OS installation to get ?factory settings? again.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?55609-Satellite-T130-Toshiba-recovery-USB-creation
Relevancy 46.44%

Hello I have a Toshiba Satellite U -S Satellite Find Console Can't Recovery Toshiba Yesterday when I attempted to start my laptop Toshiba Satellite Can't Find Recovery Console I received this error message windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt windows system config system And something about pressing quot r quot from the recovery Toshiba Satellite Can't Find Recovery Console disk Well I booted from the only disk I received when I purchased the computer and there is no option for repair The only options available are to return the laptop to quot out of box quot condition or to erase the hard drive In addition every search I've done on this error message references a recovery console yet I cannot seem to find one I have several very important documents that I did not back up Also this happened after I shut the laptop down and put it in my laptop backback in a nylon zipped pocket and wonder if it could have overheated I'm dreading the possibility that my documents cannot be retrieved Any assistance would be greatly appreciated Specifically I need to know if and how I can get to the recovery console I've tried F to no avail Please help Thanks

A:Toshiba Satellite Can't Find Recovery Console

Hi, and welcome to TSF!

You need to borrow a Windows CD because the Toshiba recovery disk does not have the recovery console on it. This will allow you to run the recovery console.

Moved you to Microsoft support/Windows XP

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/toshiba-satellite-cant-find-recovery-console-182035.html