Windows Support Forum

Stopped recognizing CD-rom/CD-RW/DVD-rom and I possibly battery

Q: Stopped recognizing CD-rom/CD-RW/DVD-rom and I possibly battery

I noticed this officially a couple of days after it happened. I believe it happened while setting up a Sony nw-875 and setting up its drivers and downloading the SonicStage software. I noticed then that it was calling the nw-e75 the d:. Then upon further inspection last night the cd drive is not recognized by anything and I have no idea why, no drops or anything. The ediag doesn't recognize it or the device manager. I also noticed that the computer turns off immediately after unplugging, while the battery is old and sucks I would believe that it would have atleast enough charge for me to change seats.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Stopped recognizing CD-rom/CD-RW/DVD-rom and I possibly battery

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 77.83%

Hello, I have a Dell Precision M4500 laptop which stopped recognizing the battery a couple months back. I have had the laptop for one year now with absolutely no problems up until this happened. I am pretty sure the battery is still good, it's not that old, but since the computer wont even recognize it is in, there's no way to check if it can charge. I am running Windows 7 64 bit. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated, maybe there is a fix before I have to shell out the money for a new battery.

A:Dell Precision M4500 stopped recognizing battery

Laptop batteries go bad any time, and they are considered to be "consumable" like paper is to a printer. Replace the battery and you should be okay

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-precision-m4500-stopped-recognizing-battery.182128/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi i have a dell inspiron 6400 laptop with windows xp, they system is about 2 1/2 years old.

For some reason the system will no longer recognize the battery even though it is connected fine and working. When i click on the power meter tab it says it is running on ac power and that no battery is installed. I then unplug the AC adapter and the screen dims and all the settings for when battery power is in use turn on. I then check the power meter and it says it is still running on AC power. I have no way of seeing how much power is in my battery or how much time I have till the system just shuts off.

Anyone ever dealt with anything like this before?

Thanks
Dr3w

A:XP not recognizing my laptop battery

Are you able to try another battery just to rule out the one you have isn't faulty?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-not-recognizing-my-laptop-battery.761242/
Relevancy 55.9%

I suspect that it was because it was unplugged with out going though the Safely Remove Hardware dialog. Anyone know of a way to recover it? XP refuses to see it at all.

A:Xp Stopped Recognizing The Usb Mp3 Player

Can you just try to reinstall the drivers, if there is any?[

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/42576/xp-stopped-recognizing-the-usb-mp3-player/
Relevancy 55.9%

I installed the maximum 4GB of RAM into my Dimension months ago, been working fine, now I turn on the computer and it says system memory has changed, press f2 to run setup. I did so but the memory section says fields can't be changed, and when I run the computer now it says it has only 3GB of RAM.

A:Computer stopped recognizing RAM??

Your board probably only supports 3gb of RAM. Thats the issue.

Go to crucial.com, run a system scan and post the results here.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-stopped-recognizing-ram-435239.html
Relevancy 55.9%

My machine all of a sudden stopped recognizing some, but not all, USB devices. I have several:
- mouse
- printer/fax
- digital camera
- external HDD
The only thing that seems to be functioning fine is the printer. The mouse is not working. When I connect the camera to the machine, it does not see it. Same with the external drive. McAfee and spyware scans found nothing. Rebooting does not help. When I go to Control panel -> system -> hardware [COLOR=blue ! important][COLOR=blue ! important][/COLOR][/COLOR]I don't see any error messages about USB ports etc. What's going on? Thanks much!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/stopped-recognizing-some-usb-devices.937573/
Relevancy 55.04%

This problem appear at all Dell models...from our experience specially after a dc power jack replacement the laptop doesn't recognize the batery or AC-DC adapter...we try reseting the bios by removing the CMOS batery, didn't fix it...the only fix we found so far it's a replacement ac adapter or battery...it worked in all cases...the place to buy it...the cheaper but not the safer...ebay...buy it on your risk...if further solution found pls reply back or place an inquire at www.nydatapc.com

A:Dell laptop not recognizing AC-DC adapter or battery

power adapter lead gone off when pug in the laptop but the laptop wont turn on. dell d 610. what do i do pls.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-laptop-not-recognizing-ac-dc-adapter-or-battery.916723/
Relevancy 55.04%

For whatever reason, my computer has stopped recognizing whenever I click my mouse. However, this problem seems isolated to only one user as none of the others have any issues.

I've run virus scans but I can't find anything out of the ordinary, so now I'm unsure what to do.

It almost seems to be timed but it always gives out whenever I start up a media file (music, a movie etc.) As you can imagine this is very frustrating as I have to restart my computer whenever it gives out.

The strangest part is that I can still move my mouse as normal and use the keyboard perfectly. Please let me know how I can fix this

Relevancy 55.04%

have a printer that has drivers included in vista and it worked fine till 3 days ago now when i plug it in the comp says found unknown hardware the maker of the printer had me down load a new copy of the vista drivers and when i point the comp to them it tells me the needed drivers are not there i need my printer. since vista is oem in this microsoft says it is comp manufacturers problem they tell me it is printer manufacturers problem and they say the problem is in vista help.

A:printers seem to be something my computer has stopped recognizing

in printers check it has not switched over to the microsft document writer as the default printer

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/printers-seem-to-be-something-my-computer-has-stopped-recognizing-187715.html
Relevancy 55.04%

One day my main desktop stopped recognizing my external 2.5 HD (uses to 2 usb ports for power). Even in "disc management" its not recognized, but the interesting thing is, all other usb devices work perfectly even all thumb drives.

I originally thought my HD was starting to fail, but later realized it worked on my laptop and htpc. Both computers recognized the external drive w/ no problems 100% of the time.

Things Ive done since:
1.Reformat main desktops HD and reinstall windows 7 (32)
2.Reformatted external HD (did it on the laptop)
3. Tried all usb ports with same result

* In the Bios, under "usb config". The drive IS recognizable. But when windows starts up, nothing happens.
But my main desktop still wont read or recognize my external drive.
Im guessing its my motherboard (Asus P5KC) or PSU thats giving me the problems?

Is my external drive not getting enough power?
Is there any other way to trouble shoot this?

A:PC stopped recognizing my external HD but other PC/Laptops still do

Go to disk management and see if it is recognized there.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/172661-pc-stopped-recognizing-my-external-hd-but-other-pc-laptops-still-do.html
Relevancy 55.04%

I restored Windows using the CD some time ago. Ever since then, I have not been able to get any kind of removable media to work with it.

I have both a USB flash drive and a SD card reader, which are both recognised by Device Manager and Disk Management, but haven't been assigned a drive letter. Whenever I try to do it in Disk Management, it won't show up in My Computer.

Someone please help me!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-has-stopped-recognizing-usb-drives.60708/
Relevancy 55.04%

I have a Digital Max DRW-3S163. My problem is the drive will not recognize audio cd's or blank cd-r's. When I insert one into the drive it says no disc is in the recorder. It will play dvd's and recognize blank dvd's but not audio. I uninstalled the drive, opened up the case, checked the connections and restarted the computer but still will not work. And DigitalMax's website is no longer running so I am out of luck there. Anyone with anyhelp I'd appreciate it. I am running Windows XP. Thanks!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-burner-stopped-recognizing-audio-cds.419351/
Relevancy 55.04%

summary of problem. Running HP Compaq Presario..Windows XP Home edition.
Thursday I went to plug in digital Camera via cord to USB Prot#2. Message said device malfunctioned.
Tried again. No change (I have used same port, same device many times before ...no problem)
decided to Uplug my HP Printer, and try Dig Camera in USB Port #1.. Same Problem...
NEXT was big surprise, decided camera may be damaged so went to re-attach HP Printer and NOW IT says Printer has malfunctioned.. same message..
later tried Flash Memory Stick.. Surprise... same error...

Even HP Tech support agrees it is not hardware but software problem...

any suggestions, since I tried searching through Windows Tech Support... little help so far... so thought I would try here... my first attempt.
UserLGM

Relevancy 55.04%

Hello, this morning my pc worked fine, I left it alone for a few hours and when I turned it on again my screens were black. The pc is not recognizing my GF8500 GT. I downloaded and tried to install a new driver but the installation software does not recognize the card either.

A:My PC stopped recognizing my Video card

i had that couple times, when my video card came out just enough to not make good connection due to thermal cycling (heating and cooling), it worked fine after reseating the card. If that's not the case, then the card may have failed. Also maybe search Google for "reflowing Nvidia video card" and "faulty nvidia cards". Don't remember details and not sure if your card is affected , since I'm more of ATI guy, but there was a lawsuit and a lot of stink about some Nvidia cards with faulty soldering inside the GPU. Good luck fixing it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/333362-my-pc-stopped-recognizing-my-video-card.html
Relevancy 55.04%

I found one morning that Windows got stuck on the Welcome Screen. Eventually I installed the newest RAID Driver from Intel (instead of the old one from Dell I had) and now I can get into Windows normally. However, the second HDD still doesn't show up either in BIOS or Windows Disk Management. However, it does seem to appear in the Intel Rapid Storage Applet. What should I do?

A:Windows has stopped recognizing my secondary HDD

Hello ayeshaf. Welcome to the forum.

Sorry, more questions than answers:
Are you running (or have you ever run) a RAID array?
Are these RAID drivers a combination AHCI/RAID package, or is there a separate AHCI driver available?
What do you have on the secondary drive? Is the data backed up? If you lost it would it ruin your day?
If you go into the BIOS(UEFI) settings, do you see the second hard drive there?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/297279-windows-has-stopped-recognizing-my-secondary-hdd.html
Relevancy 55.04%

After about 1 1/2 years my computer ceased to "see" my TDK CD drive. I moved this drive to a lower bay, and it was recognized by the computer and works. In the "upper location" it did not show up in device manager, but did so in the lower location. In this location a different power supply and data ribbon were used So I suspect something like an IRQ conflct, that is a software problem, rather than hardwire like a data ribbon. I suppose there could be something "haywire" with a registry entry. I would appreciate some suggestions on how to go about diagnosing the problem.

Thank you, bmarshall

Relevancy 55.04%

after installing a new epson printer xp stopped recognizing my month old Olympus E510 camera. I get a "usb not recognized" error. My other Olympus camera still works fine. I've tried different ports including the one on the new printer, no help. The Olympus software can't find the camera either. I can still take the card out of the camera and it will be read fine. Just a hardware thing, but it's really bugging me.

Relevancy 55.04%

My computer seems to have just stopped recognizing external HD. It had been working fine, but then a few days ago, as I plugged it in, nothing happened. The usb is working fine, I tested it. I tried uninstalling all usb ports and then restarting the computer- nothing changed. Please help, and thanks

A:Computer just stopped recognizing external HD

Have you tried it on another computer? Do you have warranty on the drive or any data you need to recover of it?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-just-stopped-recognizing-external-hd.1091708/
Relevancy 55.04%

Windows Vista has stopped recognizing my monitor This happened after a normal shutdown and otherwise normal startup The monitor which is the only one that has ever been used with this computer both were purchased new in Dec is an HP w e but it is now listed as quot Generic Non-PnP Monitor quot in Device Manager I can adjust resolution but the picture still Recognizing Monitor Stopped Vista doesn't look right - since this is a widescreen monitor everything appears quot stretched quot Plus it doesn't quot remember quot icon positions on the desktop There is no option to add Monitor in Add Hardware Rebooting does not help Unplugging the monitor from the computer and plugging it back in doesn't help The HP website does not offer any driver downloads for Vista Stopped Recognizing Monitor the w e Please help Thanks Vista Home Premium Compaq SR X HP w e LCD monitor Intel R Graphics Media Accelerator Driver Report Driver Version Operating System Windows Vista TM Home Premium Default Language English DirectX Version Physical Memory MB Minimum Graphics Memory MB Maximum Graphics Memory MB Graphics Memory in Use MB Processor x family Model Stepping Processor Speed MHZ Vendor ID Device ID Device Revision Accelerator Information Accelerator in Use Intel R G Express Chipset Family Video BIOS Current Graphics Mode by True Color Hz Other names and brands are the property of their respective owners

A:Vista Stopped Recognizing Monitor

If it came with a cd can't you just reinstall the software?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-stopped-recognizing-monitor-248955.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi folks All of a sudden my DVD drive has stopped recognizing DVDs Symptons Reads data CDs fine Reads audio CDs fine Inserting a DVD mouse cursor drive light flickers - but no disc is DVD recognizing Drive stopped DVDs!! recognized No errors in Device Manager It is a plain read-only vanilla DVD drive - Device Manager does not provide any manufacturer info at all Recent changes have been installing software to allow me to copy the DVDs to the hardrive Most were uninstalled but I still have DVDshrink there Having already done some troubleshooting I ve installed the latest patch of my DVD player - PowerDVD - and installed an ASPI layer there DVD Drive stopped recognizing DVDs!! wasn t any before One other new variable - after bolloxing up a CD disc I ve installed GameJack to make images to disk I also used it to create two create two vitual DVD drives to put the images in I could obviously just uninstall the two new apps - but as I do intend to keep using them for legit purposes and they seem pretty stable - I m reluctant Any help appreciated Thanks Heeb nbsp

A:DVD Drive stopped recognizing DVDs!!

there is a few lasers that read disks in a dvd driveit is quite possible that the laser that reads the dvds is bad

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-drive-stopped-recognizing-dvds.228106/
Relevancy 55.04%

have a LITE-ON DVD burner dual SOHW S that has been working fine for about three weeks One day it just decided CDRs.....? stopped burner DVD recognizing to not write CDRs anymore I put in the CDR and I can hear it spin for secs then I get the message quot Insert blank disc to write to quot BUT THERE IS ONE IN IT It still writes DVDs and I m thinking it something might have happened to the slave master config but I have no idea how DVD burner stopped recognizing CDRs.....? to fix it not very cpu smart Even worse is my wife threw out ALL the included manuals software etc things so I am stuck with this burner working or not BTW I run XP and when I check the configuration with NERO I get MASTER maxtor F J DMA ON Secondary IDE Channel MASTER LITE-ON LTN S x Max DMA on AUTO RUN off SLAVE LITE-ON DVD RW SOHW- S DMA on AUTORUN off Hope someone can help me nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-burner-stopped-recognizing-cdrs.21084/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hello. My 1300a dvd burner has stopped recognizing dvd media. Windows 98 now sees this drive as cd-rom only. This drive has worked fine for nearly two years without a problem. The other day I tried making a copy of my kids' Dora The Explorer dvd. But having them run around me and bumping into me, I accidently started two instances of CloneDVD, versions 1398 and 2094. After that, the dvd drive got amnesia and no longer remembered how to read dvd media. I uninstalled both versions, physically disconnecting the drive from my pc, reinstalling Windows 98, and upgrading the 1300a's firmware -- still the problem persists. Ironically, the drive has no problems with cd media. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.

A:NEC ND-1300A DVD+-RW Stopped Recognizing DVD Media

Could be the dvd laser len.

I have had a sony cd burner that stopped writing due to lack of power. Try yours in another PC.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nec-nd-1300a-dvd-rw-stopped-recognizing-dvd-media.23950/
Relevancy 55.04%

This is my first post on this forum. I have a Dell Deminsion 8400 which I recently upgraded to 4 GB memory. The computer is running fine, but it now does not recognized the cd dvd drives. On boot up I get an message "not reading drives 4 and 5" I can press F1 to bypass and the computer boots up. I tried upgrading to latest bios, but that did not help. I am running WindowsXp home edition and I have the latest updates installed. Can someone please help me on this? Thanks.

A:Computer stopped recognizing cd dvd drives

The 'Standard' first thing to try is outlined here:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/314060

Merry Christmas (I am overposting)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-stopped-recognizing-cd-dvd-drives.117624/
Relevancy 55.04%

For whatever reason, my computer has stopped recognizing whenever I click my mouse. However, this problem seems isolated to only one user as none of the others have any issues.

I've run virus scans but I can't find anything out of the ordinary, so now I'm unsure what to do.

It almost seems to be timed but it always gives out whenever I start up a media file (music, a movie etc.) As you can imagine this is very frustrating as I have to restart my computer whenever it gives out.

The strangest part is that I can still move my mouse as normal and use the keyboard perfectly. Please let me know how I can fix this!

A:Computer has stopped recognizing when I click!

You need to try to do a scan for spyware instead of virus try this program called X-Cleaner from X-Cleaner Spyware Remover and Privacy Protection Software. you can try to save all your files and delete your profile and create a new one.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/computer-has-stopped-recognizing-when-i-click-123798.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Not exactly sure when the problem started, but I've noticed that my HP laptop is no longer recognizing CDs or DVDs. The drive shows up fine in My Computer. I can even eject it from there & can hear the drive as if there is a disc in there. I have tried reinstalling from the device manager but to no avail. I'm running Vista Home Premium as well. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:CD/DVD drive has stopped recognizing CDs/DVDs

Configure the BIOS boot order to CD before hard disk. Put a known-good bootable disk into the drive and restart the computer. If it boots from the CD, you have a Windows problem. If not, you need to replace the DVD drive.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-dvd-drive-has-stopped-recognizing-cds-dvds.909135/
Relevancy 54.61%

Ok I ve had this computer for about years now and used of the MP players for years the other MP player for about a year They worked fine up until about months ago When you plug them the computer quot sees them quot however it won t recognize them IE under quot my computer quot I can see that they are there but I cannot transfer files to them On the other hand both my camera s photo and vid will download onto the comp I did not downloan anything intentionally prior to this condition On a side note I have an aborted Windows re-install that I d like to get rid of happened years ago Every time I Stopped Xp 2 Mp3 Seperate Media Recognizing Players restart I have to select whether I want to run the aborted install version or the correct one It s more of a hassle then a problem but I just found this site and thought I d throw it out there Thanks for any help you can provide

A:Xp Media Stopped Recognizing 2 Seperate Mp3 Players

Forgot to add, the two mp3 players are different brands and run on different software, and I've tried re-installing the software.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/157084/xp-media-stopped-recognizing-2-seperate-mp3-players/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi,

I've been running a Maxtor One Touch external harddrive on my Dell Latitude D630 running Vista for almost a year with no problems. Now suddenly my computer won't recogize the HD.

I've plugged it in to another computer and it recognized it no problem.

I also looked it up the properties on Device Manager and and it the error message says the drive isn't on. It's obviously on and working, but apparently the computer has suddenly decided it doesn't recognize it.

What are my options at this point?

Thanks!

A:Computer stopped recognizing my external harddrive

Not much I can suggest, but have you tried connecting the HD into different USB slots also you could try doing a system restore before the problem occurred.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-stopped-recognizing-my-external-harddrive.848437/
Relevancy 54.61%

Laptop stopped recognizing Logitech Mouse USV. Moved it
to another Laptop and it worked fine. Tried another mouse
and it would not recognize it either.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-stopped-recognizing-logitech-mouse-usv.1169030/
Relevancy 54.61%

Recently, my Windows XP machine stopped recognizing my Corsair Flash Voyager drive.

When plugged into a USB port via a Dell monitor hub, it does not recognize it at all (unknown usb device).

When plugged directly into one of the front or rear usb ports, it mis-recognizes it as a "SM324BC memory bar" and says that it is not formatted.

Other machines have no problem accessing the flash drive.

I installed SP3 but it did not help.

Removing everything USB-related does not work as the keyboard and mouse are both USB and the system stops responding as soon as I try that.

Please advice!

Thank you,
Alex.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-stopped-recognizing-usb-flash-drive.710941/
Relevancy 54.61%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version Westell ISP stopped 6100 Solved: our recognizing OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor AMD E- APU with Radeon tm HD Graphics AMD Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card AMD Radeon HD Graphics Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB D is a recovery drive not normally accessible Motherboard PEGATRON Solved: ISP stopped recognizing our Westell 6100 CORPORATION AD Antivirus Microsoft Security Essentials Solved: ISP stopped recognizing our Westell 6100 Updated and Enabled Dad and I formerly used Yahoo Verizon DSL and they gave us a Westell as part of it E - - Since then we ve changed computers a few times and back in switched to Enter net not to be confused with EnterNet hardware from Allentown Pennsylvania Enter never sent us anything offering to give or sell us one of their customary modems which are made by Zoom at least one model from whom at-least-somewhat resembles the We just plugged in the Westell as ever and it worked just as it did with Solved: ISP stopped recognizing our Westell 6100 quot VZ quot Well about three weeks or so all of a sudden it didn t Enter s techs well really one tech named quot Ash quot came up with a temporary fix where we had have to click on the networking icon in the Windows system tray and wait perhaps only seconds but often as long as minutes or more depending on the time of day just to do what the modem used to do automagically whenever it was turned on We re still using that temporary fix as Enter expects us to call back when Ash is there and supposedly get another solution Dad and I are frankly stumped as to what happened and neither Ash nor anyone who would otherwise try to help us but instead at best can only tell us when Ash will next be available have come up with anything else in the way of a solution at least not one for which I would not have to wait on the phone are they afraid that if they e-mail me a solution that I ll post it here I believe that if I say the exact right thing to them they should trade our Westell for one of their Zooms as I m willing to bet that if it s given back to another Verizon user it will work perfectly wherever they are while Enter s Zoom will likewise do so here I also believe that Enter have very possibly never given anything away in their corporate life The Westell appears to have version of the applicable firmware so an upgrade appears to be out of the question unless there is a version I m open to more suggestions nbsp

Relevancy 54.61%

I bought Windows recognizing as Administrator stopped suddenly me a computer running Windows suddenly stopped recognizing me as Administrator Windows bit about months ago and Windows suddenly stopped recognizing me as Administrator I've Windows suddenly stopped recognizing me as Administrator been using it daily without a problem but today when I turned it on I found that I cannot use any program that requires Administrator privileges I have only one user account and my user info in the Control Panel shows that I am an Administrator Here's what happens If I try to load a program that requires Administrator privileges or use the quot Run as Administrator quot option on any program the cursor turns into a little blue rotating circle indefinitely and the program never starts Other symptoms The network icon on the taskbar shows a little blue circle at all times and I can't open the Network and Sharing Center or run any troubleshooters I can access the internet with Google Chrome browser but not Firefox although later this evening Firefox is working again My McAfee Antivirus Suite doesn't load and I can't access the McAfee control panel Other programs such as Photoshop and Open Office work just fine Here's what I tried I called up the command prompt and ran chkdsk I got this message quot Access denied as you do not have sufficient privileges You have to invoke this utility running in elevated mode quot I went to safe mode and ran chkdsk again also chkdsk f and chkdsk c r I get this message quot Chkdsk cannot run because this volume is in use by another another process quot I schedule it to run on reboot which it does but doesn't solve the problem I ran SFC SCANNOW in Safe Mode but it didn't find any problems Downloaded Malwarebytes Antimalware It wouldn't install or run but it was able to install it and run it in Safe Mode It didn't find anything Does anyone know what I can do to fix this issue Thanks for taking the time to read this

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/392439-windows-suddenly-stopped-recognizing-me-administrator.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I have AT amp T Yahoo Wire Wireless DSL formerly SBC and a couple or so days ago I found that some of my programs are not recognizing an internet connection i e iTunes Store have internet Programs an stopped connection recognizing Java updates antivirus updates Gamehouse FunPass login etc I can browse download programs amp even run programs but when they try to check for updates or I try to login or even register I get error messages stating they can't connect to the internet iTunes support Gamehouse Support AT amp T Support have all suggested the obvious possible fixes checking the firewall disabling the pop-up blocker flushing the DNS etc etc etc and still Programs have stopped recognizing an internet connection nothing I ran a Registry scan amp fix nothing I purchased Programs have stopped recognizing an internet connection downloaded amp ran new antivirus software BitDefender which cleaned up a lot of Adware Malware but can't check for updates didn't work I also performed a Winsock fix and still nothing I disabled the wireless amp connected directly to the modem didn't work Our other computers are experiencing no problems All of my settings are comparable to our other computers operating Windows XP I am at a loss as to what to do Something that I did a couple of weeks ago was uninstall the AT amp T Yahoo Online Protection Suite It is powered by Norton and the auto updates were always wreaking havoc with system resources so I changed the updates to manual Programs have stopped recognizing an internet connection However after a few weeks documents stopped opening in Word or Excel I researched this problem and found it was a possible issue with Norton so I performed an uninstall and I got my Word amp Excel back But now I have this problem which leads me to think it is related Also the uninstall did not remove everything because I still have the AT amp T Yahoo Mail Protection Does anyone out there know what I need to do to fix this problem Could it be a Registry issue If so how do you fix it Help

A:Programs have stopped recognizing an internet connection

Welcome to TSF....

With un-installing the AT&T Yahoo Security Suite something might not have been put back the way it was supposed to do. Give this a try:

How to perform a Repair Installation of Windows? XP.

Two things are needed here, just a bit of old technology, an ink pen and a piece of paper to write down any special settings that might have to be changed back after the repair-installation is completed.

Please Note: Performing a "Repair Installation" in this manner should not delete any Personal Files, it should 'repair' the core of the installation but to be safe with your data you should follow the next two paragraphs.

You might have to remove the hard drive from this computer and install it in another computer as a slave drive and after it is able to be accessed by Windows on that computer you will have to manually backup all of your important data that you have to another media like CD-R's, DVD or external hard drive. Then when this is done return it to the original computer as a master drive on the primary IDE cable. and do the following:

REGISTRY WARNING :

The details that follow require an above-average understanding of the technical topics involved. If you do not understand the Registry material presented here, either find a technically knowledgeable friend or do not attempt to repair your system Registry yourself. Improper changes in the System Registry can render all data on your hard disk inaccessible. :

Here is a link to a registry backup program that is absolutely fantastic it is called ERUNT and you would use this to backup the registry after running the repair-install procedure successfully.

http://www.larshederer.homepage.t-online.de/erunt/

(Remember to always keep a backup of two things: Your registry, and your data. You will never be sorry. ]

(The Windows? XP CD WILL be required for this procedure.)
( Recovery discs are NOT recommended with this procedure.)

A good set of instructions for doing a Repair-Installation are found on the following page and print out the pages of the site for reference further instructions on Slipstreaming Windows XP Home or Pro with any of the service packs are provided also other additional links that might be needed.

Please read the whole page on this web site to familiarize yourself with the procedure and all of the Warnings

http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm
The following links are provided for reference incase they are needed.

How to perform a repair installation of Windows XP if Internet Explorer 7 is installed. ]

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/917964

(How to Perform a Windows XP Repair Install with IE6 Installed. ]

http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm

Just be attentive and follow all of the on-screen prompts.

Just let it do its thing...now when you finally are at the Windows Desktop, power down the computer and re-enter the BIOS and change the Boot Configuration Order back to its original configuration.

I hope that this cures your woes.

Post back with the results, and if there are any other queries/concerns.

Cheers

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/programs-have-stopped-recognizing-an-internet-connection-279010.html
Relevancy 54.61%

My PC suddenly stopped recognizing my camera card to download pictures. I tried restarting my computer, which always worked in the past, the few times that I had problems. That didn't work. I tried plugging in my camera straight to the computer, no luck. Tried another card, no luck. Tried a new card reader, one that you can put a variety cards into, no luck. I have Windows 8. Don't know where to go for the "start" section that was used before Windows 8. Anyone out there have any suggestions?
Forgot to add that when I used the new card reader, something DID pop up. It said it was scanning the card. Then it would say it was finished, and I would click out of it. BUT if it scanned, WHERE would I find the pictures? They were not in my pictures section.

A:PC suddenly stopped recognizing my camera card

My PC suddenly stopped recognizing my camera card ...Click to expand...

The card appears neither in File Explorer nor Disk Management?

Don't know where to go for the "start" section that was used before Windows 8.Click to expand...

Briefly, pressing the <Windows Logo> key will get you to the Start screen, on which you can search for 'most anything and is an implementation of what used to be called All Programs. <Windows Logo> + x will bring up a Quick Access Menu, which includes a lot of useful things like Control Panel, Command Prompt, etc. You might want to take a quick look at my sticky thread at the top of this forum.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-suddenly-stopped-recognizing-my-camera-card.1107665/
Relevancy 54.61%

I have an ASUS VS247HR monitor plugged into my pc with a hdmi cable which worked fine, until suddenly my screen went black and it didnt work anymore. I wasnt doing anything with it when it happened. Eventually I got it working with a VGA cable but it doesnt recognize my monitor any longer as an ASUS monitor, it just says "Generic PnP Monitor". I checked for driver updates if that had screwed things up and it did, so I rolled it back but I still have the problemI would really like to be able to use my HDMI cable because VGA lowers my resolution to 1024x768

A:W10 PC suddenly stopped recognizing ASUS monitor

That's strange, according to what I saw in Google the native resolution for that monitor is 1920x1080. I use a monitor with the same native resolution on Win 10 (previously Win 8.1) and it is happy to select that as default without HDMI.It might be worth trying the monitor on another computer to see how it behaves because right now I'm not sure whether it is the monitor or computer that is at fault.Always pop back and let us know the outcome - thanks

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-10/w10-pc-suddenly-stopped-recognizing-asus-monitor/482.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I'm running an XP Pro on an ASUS mobo. Just about brand new. The hd is a seagate SATA 250gb. I booted up, put trendnet wireless drivers on it, disconnected, put the wireless card in, and then I got the message to "Reboot and Select Proper Boot Device
or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot Device and press a key."

I went into BIOS, changed the sequence to booting up with the hd first, the CD second and the floppy third. Got the same message.

Then I put in the XP CD and got the message that I couldn't repair because there was no hard drive.

Any suggestions would be helpful and greatly appreciated.

A:Solved: Computer stopped recognizing SATA HD

Does the HDD show up in your BIOS? I am thinking it did because you changed it around.

Maybe download fresh BIOS settings from InterNET ASUS sight and flash your current settings???

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-computer-stopped-recognizing-sata-hd.722499/
Relevancy 53.75%

Allright my life is a world of suck now system I put together myself and no problems for a month Working great last night this morning it won t get past post and issues beeps indicating NO MEMORY Now keep in mind the system wasn t touched between 975Xbx recognizing 3 Intel memory - beeps stopped shutdown last night and startup this morning No storms last night no power dumps either Intel 975Xbx stopped recognizing memory - 3 beeps at least all the clocks were still displaying the proper time Intel 975Xbx stopped recognizing memory - 3 beeps this morn and the system is on a good quality surge protector battery backup I have consulted all docs Intel has to offer and have gone through all the troubleshooting steps basically disconnect all periphs verify memory is still good verify pow Intel 975Xbx stopped recognizing memory - 3 beeps supply is still good So all that is done but still won t get past beeps Now here s a bit of light While disconnecting periphs one at a time and leaving them disconnected in case more than one was bad it got thru post right after disconnecting the keyboard So I leave that out and hook the HD back up so it could boot and then restarted the system No go beeps again So I think HD is fried too right Wrong Unhooked HD and still the same prob Soooo for whatever reason that one time without the keyboard it worked So now I m getting schizoid results and this lets me think quot maybe not hardware related but corrupted BIOS maybe quot If so is it even possible to do a BIOS recovery if BIOS won t get thru post Perhaps that s what removing that jumper does let s it get thru bios and access the floppy that has the BIOS file so it can recover Well I don t know but I m not so sure the MB is fried just yet so any help would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Intel 975Xbx stopped recognizing memory - 3 beeps

When you built your new PC, did you use a cheap power supply that came with the case? If so, I would look in that direction.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/intel-975xbx-stopped-recognizing-memory-3-beeps.60221/
Relevancy 53.75%

I have a Dell Inspiron 546S, Windows Vista Home Premium, 64-bit OS.

Up until today, I have been able to load photos from my SD memory card through the built in card reader on the tower. I've always had to either put it in just right or wiggle it a touch in order for the computer to recognize the card. Today, nothing works. I've wiggled and jiggled, stuck it straight in, pulled it half out, done the hokey pokey, and restarted the computer. Nada, zip, zilch. I finally used the USB cable and that works. It is not a new card, it's one I've been using all along. Nothing has changed in anyway except the the computer suddenly refuses to recognize the card!

Any suggestions?

A:Computer suddenly stopped recognizing my SD memory card

I forgot to mention, the green light does come on, but I don't get the "new device found" sound. It's not in the device manager or anything else. In fact the device manager says it's working "properly."

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-suddenly-stopped-recognizing-my-sd-memory-card.1035934/
Relevancy 53.75%

At least that s what it seems like I m trying to make a music video and I have various AVI clips that I ve been working from Up until last night nothing was giving me any problems This is what happened I went to preview a clip clicking from the Imported Media window and I didn t get any video only audio I re-ripped the clip from my DVD without any audio I got a message saying I need a codec Unfortunately movie maker has not been so kind as to give me this message again no matter what I do so I can t say exactly what Movie codec? stopped recognizing Windows Maker it said I figured it was a glitch that would clear itself up later so I decided to try and produce my video I played the video it looked fine Windows Movie Maker stopped recognizing codec? up until a third of the way through when most of the clips dropped out leaving me with all black but I still had audio This is what gets me - not all of the clips stopped working Some of them stayed in fine and in synch with the audio Also ALL OF THE CLIPS PLAY FINE when I play them from the project timeline They do not play when I click on them from the imported media window I can watch all of the work I ve done from the timeline but I can t publish into WMV Restarting and reopening movie maker did not help much - I copied and pasted all the contents of the project into a new one and I got a few more clips to publish into the final video but still not all of them Something is making the program finicky - it s consistently not working properly but not consistent as to how close it decides to get to working properly Things to know I have DivX codec All clips play fine in windows media player All of the clips are in AVI format x They DO require the DivX codec in order to play I m running Windows Vista I know that I may be able to redo this video if I use something other than AVI but I would REALLY like to avoid doing that - I have a LOT of intricate editing work that I ve done and I don t want to start over - especially since this was not a problem when I started working on this about a month ago and it s about completed nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-movie-maker-stopped-recognizing-codec.682105/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello,

I browsed the similar inquiries and solutions that concern this issue but I was unable to come to any resolution thus far.

Simply, my problem is that my computer no longer recognizes when an ethernet cable is attached to my computer. At my school there is a wireless network and a wired network and for the past year I've used the wired network because it is so much faster. Unfortunately, a few weeks ago, my computer stopped connecting to the wired network and I've noticed that it no longer even recognizes the plugged in cable. The lights do not power up on the side and under network properties the LAN network announces that there is a cable unplugged...

Like I said, I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the device driver in the manage devices window but this was unsuccessful in solving the issue. I'd appreciate any help or insight on this problem.

Thank you.

Relevancy 53.75%

Ok here is the story that is toying with my mental health I consider myself to have a fair knowledge of Windows Oss since i ve been using tweaking them for the past years Windows Linux recognizing while does. stopped keyboard/touchpad, I Windows stopped recognizing keyboard/touchpad, while Linux does. recently decided after getting some incentives from the fact I had a Windows stopped recognizing keyboard/touchpad, while Linux does. Linux pc at work to install on my Acer Aspire laptop Ubuntu and switch from a dual-boot Windows XP SP WIndows Vista SP system to a Windows XP Windows stopped recognizing keyboard/touchpad, while Linux does. SP Ubuntu one Everything is fine for a while I upgrade from Ubuntu to Ubuntu and a couple of weeks pass where I was messing up linux while learning So at one point I decide to reinstal Ubuntu I am saying all of the above not to necessarily link the events that led to what you will read next but to create a timeline the events can as well be completely irrelevant to each other I reinstall Ubuntu do all the updates and finally when all is set and done I decide to boot in Windows Curiously enough GRUB was not touched from the whole reinstallation process I log into windows and the system starts to hang taking minutes to boot Got stuck on the loading after the welcoming screen showing only desktop and no bars icons After it eventually loaded my keyboard and touchpad didnt respond at all although they do respond in BIOS My USB connected mouse worked I decide to do a couple of restarts to see if the problem persists Yes same issue I log back into linux Touchpad keyboard works like a charm No problem there And here is the chain of events that followed I do a clean installation of my Windows Partition My laptop has a hidden partition for system recovery I start it up and make a factory installation of windows which thank god didn t erase my GRUB After it transfered all the files it reboots and takes me to the usual first screen of a fresh windows installation where you set up your username time and network name and to my surprise even though in the recovery menu everything worked great here again Keyboard and touchpad don t work I switch back to Linux everything still working fine I install from another Windows XP cd I have Same issue I boot from a Gparted boot disk delete all of my partitions reformat to fat Try to reinstall from the hidden partition Same issue I delete all partitions including the hidden one reformat everything to fat Run the installation from my backup WinXP cd Same issue I rewrite the MBR from WinXP boot disc Same issue I install WinVista -thinking they are using different drivers- Installation moves on fine After reaching the point where you set up your Country We are now talking about a hard drive that has been swept clean Same issue I install Ubuntu Everything works fine I download the Seagate Hard Drive tools that apply to my Hard Disk I run Short Test without any errors I run Long test where it found errors which it claims to have corrected Installed Windows Vista my recovery disc doesn t work so i am downloading a DvD from Acers website that i think hope its for this use Installed Vista --Same problem-- used a USB keyboard Did all the updates installed the drivers My keyboard and touchpad seem to be kind of responding now with extreme delay and freezing The system also generally takes extreme amount of time to do any installation or process The USB ones are working fast and perfectly Run chkdsk no problems detected Decide to do a low-level format on the Hard Drive Load the Seagate Hard Drive tools do the LLF and install Windows XP Same issue Update my BIOS to the latest version just in case Same issue I also do another LLF and try to install WinXP on a partition further inside the hard drive to possibly avoid bad clusters in the beginning of the drive Same issue Reinstall Ubuntu that work I am at a loss and would extremely appreciate any help suggestions PS Contacted Acer with... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-stopped-recognizing-keyboard-touchpad-while-linux-does.771164/
Relevancy 53.75%
A:toshiba satellite stopped recognizing brother dcp 120c

Windows 10 64 bit

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,156098.0.html
Relevancy 53.75%

My XP Pro machine all of a sudden stopped recognizing any USB devices that I plug in. It seems that the only way to have the machine recognize a USB device is to reboot it with the device plugged in. I tried the reinstallation of Universal Serial Bus controllers that was suggested in http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310575, and I also tried unchecking "allow computer to turn off device to save power" for all the USB root hubs listed in the device manager, but it did not help. Now if I plugin a USB device into a port, I either get nothing at all or a message about the device not being recognize. What else can I try? Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-machine-stopped-recognizing-usb-devices-reboot-needed.947149/
Relevancy 53.32%

I have a Western Digital MyBook external drive that connects via Firewire and an iPhone Up until about a day or so ago both were working just fine I could to stopped Vista and drives... 64bit external connecting recognizing see both devices in explorer and connect to them without any problems Now I'm no longer able to see them in Explorer My PC still quot sees quot the devices on some level because the iPhone will connect and sync with iTunes I just can't get to the iPhone as an USB drive from explorer The HD is still listed in Vista 64bit stopped recognizing and connecting to external drives... the device manager However it is listed as quot This device is not configured correctly quot I've tried uninstalling disabling reinstalling drivers different ports and have had no luck getting my machine to see either device I've rebooted with them plugged in unplugged drivers no drivers and even tried different ports I've also verified that there is nothing wrong with the HD or the iPhone Both connect flawlessly on my husband's Vista non bit of course machine I also have thumb drive that connects and shows up in explorer with no problems Any suggestions would be appreciated Thanks

A:Vista 64bit stopped recognizing and connecting to external drives...

hi try system restore

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-64bit-stopped-recognizing-and-connecting-to-external-drives-344714.html
Relevancy 53.32%

OK so I have a yr old Dell XPS M laptop with bit Vista on it I ve been using a Canon usbsys? tcpmon? recognizing canon stopped printer- Vista Pixma IP for the whole time but it suddenly stopped working I called Canon and Dell- Dell says its Canon s problem and the wonderfully thorough canon guy said it was a usbsys file problem which he can t fix He suggested I either browse my vista CD and extract the file run sfc and the installation disk should fix the Vista stopped recognizing canon printer- tcpmon? usbsys? offending item or run a repair install from the installation CD I tried browsing the CD but couldn t make heads or tails of it and can t seem to find a quot find Vista stopped recognizing canon printer- tcpmon? usbsys? quot command in vista grrr so I ran sfc exported the cbs log file to the desktop and got the following errors which look like the same problem Cannot repair member file l quot tcpmon ini quot of Microsoft-Windows-Printing-StandardPortMonitor-TCPMonINI Version pA PROCESSOR ARCHITECTURE INTEL Culture neutral VersionScope nonSxS PublicKeyToken l b bf ad e Type neutral TypeName neutral PublicKey neutral in the store hash mismatch - - Info CSI fa SR Cannot repair member file l quot tcpmon ini quot of Microsoft-Windows-Printing-StandardPortMonitor-TCPMonINI Version pA PROCESSOR ARCHITECTURE INTEL Culture neutral VersionScope nonSxS PublicKeyToken l b bf ad e Type neutral TypeName neutral PublicKey neutral in the store hash mismatch - - Info CSI fd SR Could not reproject corrupted file ml l quot C Windows System quot l quot tcpmon ini quot source file in store is also corrupted - - Info CSI ff SR Verify complete Repairing components - - Info CSI SR Beginning Verify and Repair transaction - - Info CSI a SR Cannot repair member file l quot tcpmon ini quot of Microsoft-Windows-Printing-StandardPortMonitor-TCPMonINI Version pA PROCESSOR ARCHITECTURE INTEL Culture neutral VersionScope nonSxS PublicKeyToken l b bf ad e Type neutral TypeName neutral PublicKey neutral in the store hash mismatch - - Info CSI c SR Cannot repair member file l quot tcpmon ini quot of Microsoft-Windows-Printing-StandardPortMonitor-TCPMonINI Version pA PROCESSOR ARCHITECTURE INTEL Culture neutral VersionScope nonSxS PublicKeyToken l b bf ad e Type neutral TypeName neutral PublicKey neutral in the store hash mismatch - - Info CSI f SR Could not reproject corrupted file ml l quot C Windows System quot l quot tcpmon ini quot source file in store is also corrupted - - Info CSI SR Repair complete So I tried to find a copy of tcpmon ini I ve read it is a printer file for older printers my printer is about years old- does that make it old but I can t find a copy online to get therefore I went to and tried to do a repair install but of course I have a Dell which means I got the reinstallation CD not a full copy and can t seem to do a repair install So- here are my problems a I want to fix the tcpmon ini file on the off chance that it is the problem b I am still trying to figure out what the Canon guy was talking about with the usbsys file- can anyone enlighten me c I d really like to fix this Vista printer issue Does anyone have any input Thanks thank thanks T IA Elizabeth nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-stopped-recognizing-canon-printer-tcpmon-usbsys.824923/
Relevancy 53.32%

I had to restart my computer after installing something, upon logging back in the light on the back of my external stopped working and it stopped recognizing. But I can still hear it spinning. Can I fix this? If not how do I recover my files?

A:IOMEGA External Harddrive stopped recognizing after system restart.

Hello Carbomb and welcome to Seven Forums.

Please post a screenshot of your expanded Disk Managment. It may give a clue as to why your external Iomega is no longer being recognized. Perhaps it no longer has a drive letter associated with it, or something else.

How To Access Disk Management in Windows 7

Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/236218-iomega-external-harddrive-stopped-recognizing-after-system-restart.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Yesterday, my system had some update and the day after my speakers topped working.
The device is plugged with plugs and not a usb and there is no driver.
I tried to search for the drivers. But their site says:

Software is not needed for this product.

I tried to search for a solution on the internet, such as uninstalling and updating my driver. Windows 10 did recognize my device in the playback devices category. 
I reset all my windows 10, and now it doesnt recognize that I have an audio input. It does however recognize my steelengine headphones that have a driver for them.
Where is the fault? There isnt much I can do! I unplugged and plugged the speakers.. and there was no result. If windows drivers and manufacturers drivers dont help me.. how can I recognize the device and make it work? or is it a hardware problem and I should
buy new speakers?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/74ac2164-c525-45f7-a0be-e2400c2bd612/windows-10-stopped-recognizing-my-logitech-sound-speakers-z506?forum=w7itproappcompat
Relevancy 53.32%

I have an HP desktop running Win Pro My DSLR uses SD cards and I have always Slot Desktop recognizing on stopped cards SD Card HP suddenly been able to insert the card into the slot have a little green light come on then a few seconds later SD Card Slot on HP Desktop suddenly stopped recognizing cards have the card launch a new instance of Windows Explorer showing the card as Drive G Suddenly within the last hours or so the computer can no longer read a card I tried disabling and re-enabling the drive letter tried uninstalling and rebooted twice Nothing worked When I insert a disk and try to view its contents I get an error message that says quot Please insert a disk into Removable Disk G The drive is identified as quot Generic- Compact Flash USB Device quot and it says that it is quot working properly quot The SD card is fine I have two different SD cards and I can open both of them on other computers without any problems but neither one can be opened on this computer I have checked for driver updates and I am told that I am using the current driver Could the slot have just died

A:SD Card Slot on HP Desktop suddenly stopped recognizing cards

Hi yes it could have died. but go to hp support site and see if they have an updated driver for the card reader.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/372380-sd-card-slot-hp-desktop-suddenly-stopped-recognizing-cards.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I am losing my mind here Whenever I try to boot up in safe mode it gets as far as the main screen I don t know what you would call it but let s just say it logs on and then suddenly it shuts off completely and the power is also gone for about - minutes then it displays the green light that shows it has power and stays off Also I tried to load up PC recognizing iPhone mode a up stopped in my boot safe device won't and as some new music through iTunes on my iPhone but it no longer recognizes it It used to be recognized by my pc as a camera device so that I can take pictures off of it and save them to my computer but no more of that either I have no clue what to do because this is very frustrating Before I have to shell out big bucks to get my pc PC won't boot up in safe mode and stopped recognizing my iPhone as a device looked at and probably sorted out I was wondering if someone here could help me out Thanks a million for listening nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-wont-boot-up-in-safe-mode-and-stopped-recognizing-my-iphone-as-a-device.700154/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi After a recent major Windows update my Intel Rapid Storage Technology decided to stop working and as a result my laptop has been much slower to boot and wake up My 7720 stopped Inspiron after recognizing 10 mSATA update Windows a SSD 32GB year old nbsp Inspiron came with mSATA GB Inspiron 7720 stopped recognizing 32GB mSATA SSD after a Windows 10 update SSD that accelerates the TB hard drive I used to be able to choose to accelerate the drive when I open Intel Rapid Storage Technology Manager but now I can t even see the mSATA SSD in the manager Also when I go to the BIOS settings it says something like quot mSATA No quot so the BIOS doesn t see it either I tried re-seating the SSD but that didn t help I repaired the iRST manager installation no go I uninstalled it and reinstalled it no go I tried seeing the drive using diskpart it wasn t there as well I looked for updates using intel driver updates but didn t find any My Intel Rapid Start Manager stopped opening too and when I reinstalled it it started giving a quot This computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software quot message Any tips for troubleshooting this Thanks B

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19992098
Relevancy 52.46%

I think I may have a keylogger on my computer. My email (Yahoo) was hacked into, and sent every single contact a spam email.

Also, a notification pops up on my screen (on top of all other applications) that states:

"Your battery is able to charge normally, however it is reaching the end of its usable life." And has a link below it which I haven't clicked yet.

I've scanned my computer in safe mode with AVG and Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and nothing has come up yet.

Please help!

A:Keylogger possibly? And fake low battery notification.

wait for someone with more knowledge than me to o anything, but DON'T click any links you are unsure of

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/376981/keylogger-possibly-and-fake-low-battery-notification/
Relevancy 51.6%

I've got a bit of a problem with my computer and was hoping some advice Basically all the USB ports on my computer have recently USB Ports stopped my have working modem) 2.0 - Help! (and All possibly my stopped working - I can still use them to charge my iPod but not to communicate with it I no longer All my USB 2.0 Ports (and possibly my modem) have stopped working - Help! get the little icon in the bottom right hand side of the screen when it's connected and I can't use my printer because the computer insists it's off-line I've tried two different cables so it can't be a problem with that I've got two USB ports on the back of my computer built into my motherboard - can't remember the exact model offhand but the processor is one of those Athlon bit ones if that s relevant and I've also recently upgraded my monitor to a dell FPW so I've now got another couple not working on the side of that too I even tried taking the USB card from my old computer that has USB sockets in it and plugs directly into the motherboard - but this didn't work either - the printer wouldn't communicate and the iPod actually froze the system when I plugged it in surprising as this rarely seems to happen with Windows XP I've also been trying to get All my USB 2.0 Ports (and possibly my modem) have stopped working - Help! a temporary dial-up internet connection sorted in my new house while I'm waiting for the broadband to get transferred over but I couldn't get it to work - the modem wouldn't All my USB 2.0 Ports (and possibly my modem) have stopped working - Help! dial out I had thought it could be something wrong with the phone-line maybe but now I've noticed the USB problem too I think it's probably something up with the computer What could cause this sort of thing Could it be a hardware problem with the motherboard Would the only real solution to be to buy a replacement motherboard I will if I have to but I want to make sure that's definitely the problem and the solution first Could it maybe be caused by a software or driver problem something messed up in Windows somehow How could I look for this sort of thing and what could i do to fix it if it is what's wrong Pretty sure it can't be a virus or anything like that though since I've not had an internet connection for a month or so now and this is something that s only happened recently Plus I've run norton systemworks and it's found nothing The only change I've made to my system recently was changing the monitor from an old quot CRT to a new quot widescreen LCD monitor - could this feasibly have messed the USB ports up somehow Thanks in advance for any suggestions advice Glyn

A:All my USB 2.0 Ports (and possibly my modem) have stopped working - Help!

Hi Glyn

Did you recently install SP2? When I did, it turned on the power saving mode on my USB ports which gave similar symptoms to this

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/all-my-usb-2-0-ports-and-possibly-my-modem-have-stopped-working-help-60736.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello My windows security centre suddenly stopped centre Kaspersky recognizing Solved: suddenly stopped Windows antivir security and Alarm Zone recognizing my Zone Alarm Security Suite and Kaspersky Personal Solved: Windows security centre suddenly stopped recognizing Zone Alarm and Kaspersky antivir Pro antivirus There was actually a sudden unexplained loud alarm coming from my computer around evening today I was gzipping emac program that time I am not sure what was the alarm for but what I did was to switch off the computer and the broadband wireless connection When I switched on the computer I notice windows security centre has stopped recognizing both software The event viewer indicated error The Windows Security Center Service was unable to establish event queries with WMI to monitor third party AntiVirus and Firewall Could someone explain what might have happened Anyway the hijackthis logfile is as follows Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS System winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system cisvc exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NetworkAccessManager Apache Group Apache bin apache exe C WINDOWS system inetsrv inetinfo exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NetworkAccessManager Apache Group Apache bin apache exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper WRSSSDK exe C Program Files HHVcdV Sys VC SecS exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeper exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C Program Files Logitech iTouch iTouch exe C Program Files HHVcdV Sys VC Play exe C Program Files POP Peeper POPPeeper exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Distillr acrotray exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C PROGRA ZONELA ZONEAL MAILFR mantispm exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C WINDOWS System cidaemon exe C WINDOWS system WISPTIS EXE C WINDOWS system rundll exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C WINDOWS system inetsrv DavCData exe C Program Files Outlook Express msimn exe C WINDOWS System cidaemon exe C Program Files HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www adelaide edu au R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer localhost R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run SpySweeper quot C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeper exe quot startintray O - HKLM Run KAVPersonal quot C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Anti-Virus Personal Pro kav exe quot minimize O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WIND... Read more

A:Solved: Windows security centre suddenly stopped recognizing Zone Alarm and Kaspersky antivir

just dropping a thought since i see no one else has.....i've had some major issues with running multiple securty softwares....and have wasted hours trying to fix it. If i were in ur situation, i would turn off windows security, and just use Zone Alarm and Kasperskee (dunno how good that is, first time i'm hearing that name). Together, they should be good enough...besides, i personally don't think windows firewall is better than zone alarm/norton/etc.

You should be good.

btw, when you installed your other security softwares, didn't you get a msg saying "Would you like to make this your default [firewall/AV]?" Another suggestion would be to uninstall zone alarm and reinstall it while Windows Firewall is on. See if it detects that Windows Firewall is on and asks you if u want to make Zone Alarm your default firewall (to which you say yes). But that just brings you back to my first suggestion of turning windows firewall off lol.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-security-centre-suddenly-stopped-recognizing-zone-alarm-and-kaspersky-antivir.435152/
Relevancy 51.17%

I ve got a bit of a problem with my computer and was hoping some advice Basically all the USB ports on my computer have recently stopped working - I can still use them to charge my have my my Solved: modem) All possibly Help! 2.0 working - Ports USB stopped (and iPod but not to communicate with it I no longer get the little Solved: All my USB 2.0 Ports (and possibly my modem) have stopped working - Help! icon in the bottom right hand side of the screen when it s connected and I can t use my printer because the computer insists it s off-line I ve tried two different cables so it can t be a problem with that I ve got two USB ports on the back of my computer built into my motherboard - can t remember the exact model offhand but the processor is one of those Athlon bit ones if that s relevant and I ve also recently upgraded my monitor to a dell FPW so I ve now got another couple not working on the side of that too I even Solved: All my USB 2.0 Ports (and possibly my modem) have stopped working - Help! tried taking the USB card from my old computer that Solved: All my USB 2.0 Ports (and possibly my modem) have stopped working - Help! has USB sockets in it and plugs directly into the motherboard - but this didn t work either - the printer wouldn t communicate and the iPod actually froze the system when I plugged it in surprising as this rarely seems to happen with Windows XP I ve also been trying to get a temporary dial-up internet connection sorted in my new house while I m waiting for the broadband to get transferred over but I couldn t get it to work - the modem wouldn t dial out I had thought it could be something wrong with the phone-line maybe but now I ve noticed the USB problem too I think it s probably something up with the computer What could cause this sort of thing Could it be a hardware problem with the motherboard Would the only real solution to be to buy a replacement motherboard I will if I have to but I want to make sure that s definitely the problem and the solution first Could it maybe be caused by a software or driver problem something messed up in Windows somehow How could I look for this sort of thing and what could i do to fix it if it is what s wrong Pretty sure it can t be a virus or anything like that though since I ve not had an internet connection for a month or so now and this is something that s only happened recently Plus I ve run norton systemworks and it s found nothing The only change I ve made to my system recently was changing the monitor from an old quot CRT to a new quot widescreen LCD monitor - could this feasibly have messed the USB ports up somehow Thanks in advance for any suggestions advice Glyn nbsp

A:Solved: All my USB 2.0 Ports (and possibly my modem) have stopped working - Help!

The monitor has nothing to do with your problem. Your Ipod charges via the USB so the 5 volts is there. Have you looked into the Device Manager and see if your USBs and modem is listed as a "problem device"? (RIGHT click My Computer choose Properties, then the Hardware Tab then the Device Manger Button. ) Is your Norton up to date?? It must be up to date with the latest macro or viris sig. to make sure you are virus free. You would be surprised by the virus' that slip in and infect systems. While this could be a motherboard failure, I would try removing the modem and the USBs from the Device manager first and see if Windows will set them up on the next boot. You may need to supply a driver for the modem but XP should set up your USBs without any prompts.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-all-my-usb-2-0-ports-and-possibly-my-modem-have-stopped-working-help.379886/
Relevancy 50.31%

Greetings all this is my first stopped recovered" drivers Possibly responding "nvidia infected; and have post hope I've followed the instructions correctly posted this in the right place If not apologies Today I fired up Condemned Criminal origins and it was playing fine for about minutes or so It then went to black crashed and I got about nvidia display driver stopped responding and has recovered messages some even after the game had closed I've had these before but never that many in such a short space of time I restarted I didn't think too much of it at first my PC has been known to do this when I've been playing around with the SLi settings in some older games to get them to run smoother which I had been for Condemned as I recently purchased it but after a quick google and reading through various topics some users mentioned malware in the form of bitcoin miners Link to post Apparently these can cause the errors I was getting Now my drivers are up to date Possibly infected; "nvidia drivers stopped responding and have recovered" and I've been scanning with various tools today MalwareBytes AdwCleaner RogueKiller etc etc and just generally giving the whole thing a clean and I'm still currently running stuff now Each program found some unwanted software and what have you but nothing I could see in the results was alarming just some AVG safesearch stuff and other minor things I haven't got the blasted messages again yet but I haven't been able to run any games to see if it still occurs during play because of the scanning still in process that I'd rather finish Would one of you kind people mind looking at my DDS log and telling me if there's anything I should be worried about and how to go about removing it if so Just so I can have peace of mind that this issue if it still persists in the future is game amp settings related and not because my computer is full of nasty tosh Cheers in advance DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Samantha at on - - Microsoft Windows Ultimate GMT AV AVG AntiVirus Free Edition Enabled Updated E C - B - FA - AB - E CB ECD SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP AVG AntiVirus Free Edition Enabled Updated B F C - - E- - BB D A Running Processes C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsa exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgcsrva exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroup C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM armsvc exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgidsagent exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Windows SysWOW PnkBstrA exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center ipoint exe C Program Files Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center itype exe C Program Files Microsoft Xbox Accessories XBoxStat exe C Program Files x Google Drive googledrivesync exe C Users Samantha AppData Local Microsoft SkyDrive SkyDrive exe C Users Samantha AppData Roaming Dropbox bin Dropbox exe C Windows SysWOW Ctxfihlp exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgui exe C Program Files x Google Drive googledrivesync exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgnsa exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgemca exe C W... Read more

A:Possibly infected; "nvidia drivers stopped responding and have recovered"

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.===Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your Desktop.Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click the Scan button and wait for the process to complete.Click the Report button and the report will open in Notepad.IMPORTANTIf you click the Clean button all items listed in the report will be removed.If you find some false positive items or programs that you wish to keep, Close the AdwCleaner windows.Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click the Scan button and wait for the process to complete.Check off the element(s) you wish to keep.Click on the Clean button follow the prompts.A log file will automatically open after the scan has finished.Please post the content of that log file with your next answer.You can find the log file at C:\AdwCleaner[Sn].txt (n is a number). Please downloadJunkware Removal Tool to your Desktop.Please close your security software to avoid potential conflicts.Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista or 7, right-mouse click it and select Run as administrator.The tool will open and start scanning your system.Please be patient as this can take a while to complete, depending on your system's specifications.On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your Desktop and will automatically open.Please post the contents of JRT.txt into your reply.===Download the correct version of this tool for your operating system.Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (64 bit)Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (32 bit)and save it to a folder on your computer's Desktop.Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.Press Scan button.It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please copy and paste it to your reply.The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.===Please paste the logs in your next reply DO NOT ATTACH THEM unless specified.Let me know what problem persists.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/526606/possibly-infected;-nvidia-drivers-stopped-responding-and-have-recovered/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello HPForums,I realized the battery had troubles when I unplugged my laptop to take it to the bathroom (haha). I turned off inmediately. So I checked for the battery to be well connected and it was OK. When I removed it, i found this gummy yellow substance that smells sweet on one of the sides. It was both in the battery and on the slot.(See photo attached).  Battery is PI06 manufactured on 2013. The battery doesn't work but the computer do knows it is plugged in. Is there a fix? And what was the cause of this leak? I handle my computer really carefully and don't leave it plugged often. Thanks!f

A:Battery leaked and stopped working. How to fix it?

@giantfrancor

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Battery-leaked-and-stopped-working-How-to-fix-it/td-p/5660667
Relevancy 48.16%

I ve been having a strange problem with the battery for my Thinkpad laptop I noticed Battery Stopped Working Thinkpad Suddenly the other day that Thinkpad Battery Suddenly Stopped Working it wasn t charging when I plugged the AC adapter in Eventually it ran out completely and would not charge at all This happened very suddenly it was working fine a week ago If I have the battery installed and AC attached and hit the power button the system will start up for a few seconds and then shut down Sometimes it will randomly start AGAIN for another few seconds and then shut down The only way I can get the computer to run is with the battery removed and AC adapter attached If I start the computer up with the AC adapter attached and then insert the battery the computer immediately powers down I really want to get this problem resolved I m hoping that it s just the battery itself but it seems strange that it would stop working so suddenly From my experience laptop batteries tend to lose their power over time And even if the battery was no good shouldn t the computer still work as long as the AC line is connected I have no problem replacing the battery I m just not certain that this is the real issue It seems that the AC adapter works fine Is this likely just a battery problem or is it possible that the motherboard is damaged nbsp

A:Thinkpad Battery Suddenly Stopped Working

Hi Dan and welcome to TSG.

I assume your Thinkpad's warranty has run out.

It could be a problem with the motherboard power circuitry but that would be expensive to fix.

As the charger looks ok the easiest and cheapest thing to do is to try a new battery.

Sorry I can't be more specific.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/thinkpad-battery-suddenly-stopped-working.1138095/
Relevancy 48.16%

Suddenly my HP ENVY has stopped giving me a low battery notification I have gone through and tried to reset it many different times and nothing seems to work I know that th notifications are on but they just aren't showing up When I go through all of the settings everything seems to look right so I don't really know what is going on Does anyone have suggestions I've looked through some of the battery a HP my showing low notificatio... Envy Why has stopped different forums and been able to do the simpler stuff but I know that some people say to uninstall and reinstall things and I'm not quite brave enough to do that I have done the battery calibration and it says that it's a Good I think that this all happened after I had a update it just randomly disappeared one day I'm really getting sick of my computer just going into sleep mode suddenly it dims the screen around and then when it gets to when it should show the message it just sleeps nbsp nbsp Thanks nbsp

A:Why has my HP Envy stopped showing a low battery notificatio...

Hi @D-Knight, Welcome to HP Forums! I understand that the low battery notification does not show on your laptop. I want to help. Here is a link of YouTube video which may help. Let me know if it works.  To say "Thank you", click on the "Thumb up" icon. If the problem is solved, please click on "Accepted as Solution". Regards, 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Why-has-my-HP-Envy-stopped-showing-a-low-battery/td-p/5588342
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi. I was recently using my laptop, when I wiggled the power cable a bit and suddenly the laptop stopped charging. I have a bad feeling the battery has died or something. I tried using another power cable and that didnt fix it (so I dont think the cable is a problem).

Is there anything else I can try before resorting to buying a new battery?

Its a HP Probook 650 G1

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/battery-laptop-suddenly-stopped-charing.1163923/
Relevancy 48.16%

I have a Toshiba Satellite L750 laptop. Works fine for sometime and then the orange LED lights start blinking and then the battery stops charging and laptop shuts down once the battery drains. When I notice the blinking orange LED light if I remove the power cord and reconnect, then I dont have the problem for some time and then reappears. When the orange light blinks the Toshiba PC health monitor shows 0% system power consumption, Battery condition good. I don't think its a problem with the battery because I already bought one. Can anyone help me solve this problem?

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?93824-Satellite-L750-battery-stopped-charging
Relevancy 48.16%

Yesterday I spilled a little coffee at the bottom of my keyboard on my Compaq CQ - I quickly turned it over and wiped it down palm because power Recovery stopped of battery/AC then kept on using it for almost an hour This morning I turned it on and the computer could not see the hard drive I pulled the hard drive and it had coffee stains on Recovery stopped because of battery/AC power palm it I ran Recovery stopped because of battery/AC power palm a system check and it appeared as if the mother board was OK -- memory tested OK specs for the machine Recovery stopped because of battery/AC power palm came up fine So I replaced the hard drive No problem until I started to run the recovery disk After the initial loading it asks what type of restore I wanted I chose System Recovery On the next page a new warning pops up quot Your laptop is currently running on battery power Recovery Manager requires that your laptop is plugged into an AC power outlet quot The problem is it is plugged into an AC outlet and I can t get rid of the pop-up and continue with the recovery Did I fry more than the hard drive And is there a way around this nbsp

A:Recovery stopped because of battery/AC power palm

this may sound silly , and my suggestion cant be good for the laptop (so is pouring coffee into it tho )
but i have had experience with pouring bottles down my keyboard
so my suggestion is to turn on the heating and putting the laptop with the hole to put the power cable in downwards and keep it above the heating for a day , or over night
dont go extreme with the heating just nice and warm
it may solve that issue but im sure there will be many more ...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/recovery-stopped-because-of-battery-ac-power-palm.1072174/
Relevancy 48.16%

Once I plugged in charger while my notebook was turned off.
It lighted Plug LED and Battery LED was blinking after 3 seconds.

I reinserted battery and it charged fine.
One day I was using my NB200 and it run out of charge, I plugged in and same thing happen but even after reinserting battery it won't start.

Plugging in it for long time doesn't heats up battery nor notebook. I can only start it without battery plugged in. Inserting battery shuts down PC after 1 seconds and LED of battery again blinks after 3 seconds.

What does it means? I tired putting battery in fridge because I read on internet it might fix but no luck.

Any idea how can I fix it.

A:Battery suddenly stopped working on NB200-10z

Hi

First of all you have to know that the notebook should run properly without the battery but with connected AC adaptor.
Even if the battery would be faulty or empty, the connected AC adaptor should supply power and you should be able to power up the notebook.

In case this isn?t possible, I assume an power supply electronic malfunction.

However, you could test the following workaround:
Try to power up and to boot the notebook without the battery.
Then go to device manager and uninstall the following entries under batteries:
- Microsoft composite battery
- Microsoft ACPI compliant control method battery

Then reboot the notebook.
Power OFF again and insert the battery.
Power On the notebook and check if the unit would run properly.

Of course it would be also recommend testing the notebook in connection with another good and tested battery.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?78509-Battery-suddenly-stopped-working-on-NB200-10z
Relevancy 47.3%

Purchased the HP Gold Luxe laptop with Windows less than two months ago This past week it started freezing up when moved even slightly or when picked up This happened during mundane browsing or using the computer even just to write notes not anything using lots of resources like gaming or even streaming video nbsp After looking around online I saw several suggestions including to try removing the battery I removed the battery and sure enough it did not freeze when when when freezes NEW battery -- remove... moved laptop stopped moved if battery is REMOVED and the laptop is plugged in nbsp nbsp Does this mean the battery is faulty Again this is a brand new laptop less than months old It is under warranty Am I going to have to ship the laptop to some HP service center or will they likely just send a replacement battery or what nbsp nbsp NEW laptop freezes when moved -- stopped when battery remove... Other notes specs of the computer are below Note that I did not change add remove any drivers or anything like that it is still as it was when taken from the box nbsp nbsp Includes Pavilion -g cy laptop with AC adapter four-cell lithium-ion battery and manual and PC Treasures software digital download ships separately Windows operating system GHz AMD A - P APU quad-core accelerated processor with MB L cache up to GHz with Turbo diagonal WLED-backlit HD touchscreen display with x resolution GB DDR L SDRAM TB RPM hard driveSuperMulti DVD drive b g n Wi-FiBluetooth wireless technologyAMD Radeon R graphics with up to MB total graphics memoryB amp O PLAY audio with dual speakersHP TrueVision HD webcam with dual-array digital micsFull-sized island-style keyboard with numeric keypadHP ImagePad with multi-gesture supportSD memory card reader -year Microsoft Office Personal subscriptionTwo USB portsUSB portHDMI ethernet portsHeadphone mic combo jackKensington MicroSaver lock slotMeasures approximately - W x - D x - D weighs lbsUL listed -year LMWImported

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/NEW-laptop-freezes-when-moved-stopped-when-battery-removed/td-p/5647669
Relevancy 47.3%

I have been using my Laptop ASUS for 2 years now and ever since I my Charger(Charger not battery)broke I tried charging my laptop with the broken charger with a diffren angle and sometimes work and sometimes not and the notfication of low battery always appears but when I decided to repair my charger it works perfectly fine but the only problem is that when my battery is low it does not warn notificatons anymore.halp message edited by HelpINeedAnswers

A:Asus laptop stopped giving low battery warning 10%

Give it a good long charge. After that does the charge indicator show (which I assume is on the laptop)?Always pop back and let us know the outcome - thanks

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-8/asus-laptop-stopped-giving-low-battery-warning-10/1791.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Product Name: HPVI04 Notebook batteryUsed in Laptop: HP ENVY 14 Notebook PCBattery life: 15 months Issue:  The battery(HPVI05 NOTEBOOK Battery) stopped working only 14months after purchase. Tried to buy the product online but this product is one of the worst product with 100s of poor reviews and helpless customer service facing the same problem. The customer service is equally bad with hours of waiting time and no solution. Tried to point out the poor feedback given to product but seems Team HP does not bother. Please Help P.S: http://store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/hp-vi04-notebook-battery?jumpid=Accessories_Finder_PDP #product details  #poorcustomerreview

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Battery-stopped-working-month-after-warranty-period-was-over/td-p/5854512
Relevancy 46.87%

The power meter has stopped recognising the main battery although it recognises and reports on the secondary battery (the one that replaces the CD Drive). The indicator light registers that the battery is present and if it is fully charged on not.

Any suggestions?

A:Tecra M5 - Power meter has stopped recognising the main battery

Sorry mate but what notebook model you have exactly?

What system is running currently?

Did you install some updates which could affect the battery status?

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?84466-Tecra-M5-Power-meter-has-stopped-recognising-the-main-battery
Relevancy 46.87%

Just ordered a brand new V15 Nitro Black Edition (Skylake). I turned it on, set up Windows 10, everything was working perfectly. I had also ordered an m.2 SSD, so I decided to pop the laptop open and install it. Installation seemingly went smoothly, but now the laptop won't boot without the power adapter plugged in. It seems like the battery must have come disconnected? Not really sure where to start, I don't see any loose cables on the inside of the case. I removed the SSD to see if it wasn't playing nicely, didn't make a difference. Help!!!!

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:Acer V15 Nitro Black Edition Battery Stopped Worki...

I seemed to have easily solved the problem - it would not boot up on battery without all of the screws on the bottom of the case replaced. I guess this thread could serve as a quick answer for someone in the same situation though! I panicked too quickly. 

View solution in original post

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Acer-V15-Nitro-Black-Edition-Battery-Stopped-Working/td-p/420988
Relevancy 46.87%

Just ordered a brand new V15 Nitro Black Edition (Skylake). I turned it on, set up Windows 10, everything was working perfectly. I had also ordered an m.2 SSD, so I decided to pop the laptop open and install it. Installation seemingly went smoothly, but now the laptop won't boot without the power adapter plugged in. It seems like the battery must have come disconnected? Not really sure where to start, I don't see any loose cables on the inside of the case. I removed the SSD to see if it wasn't playing nicely, didn't make a difference. Help!!!!

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:Acer V15 Nitro Black Edition Battery Stopped Worki...

I seemed to have easily solved the problem - it would not boot up on battery without all of the screws on the bottom of the case replaced. I guess this thread could serve as a quick answer for someone in the same situation though! I panicked too quickly. 

View solution in original post

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Acer-V15-Nitro-Black-Edition-Battery-Stopped-Working/td-p/420988/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 43%

After my friend's laptop wouldn't run on battery power OR charge the battery I tried many "fixes."

Shockingly none worked that I found.

Only one thing worked for me to my surprise.

A last ditch effort was to open up the laptop (sony pcg-81114L) and disconnect the cmos battery for a few minutes to reset the CMOS.

To my surprise, when powered on, the battery instantly showed it was charging AND when removing the power plug the battery POWERS the laptop now! (and I'd thought I was wasting my time.)

Worked with an off brand battery also.

Many times this has saved many computers that have odd "unsolvable" things wrong with them.

Surely someone else has done this also but I haven't seen it posted anywhere to my knowledge.

Thank GOD for bringing the idea to remembrance!

A:sony vaio won't charge battery or run on battery power (CMOS BATTERY FIX!)

Hi askfault,
Do you have any information on how this fixes the battery problem? would be interested to know.

Xen

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/511609/sony-vaio-wont-charge-battery-or-run-on-battery-power-cmos-battery-fix/
Relevancy 41.71%

I have successfully run AVG WinASO - trial version Abexo Free Registry Cleaner CCleaner Ad-Aware SE Personal Stng I experienced Systemic crash with Panda Spybot - Search amp Destroy - has worked previously Also can not start my computer in And Possibly Others Multiple Possibly "seekorbit", Some Infections, "winantivirus", safe mode I have been battling popups trojans and possibly worse for weeks this time Please save me from Possibly Multiple Infections, "winantivirus", "seekorbit", And Possibly Some Others a large purchase of apples Logfile of HijackThis v Possibly Multiple Infections, "winantivirus", "seekorbit", And Possibly Some Others Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system ACS exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exe C Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree CFSvcs exe C WINDOWS system cisvc exe C WINDOWS system DVDRAMSV exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe c TOSHIBA IVP swupdate swupdtmr exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS System ZoomingHook exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TouchPad TPTray exe C WINDOWS System TCtrlIOHook exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Zooming Utility SmoothView exe C toshiba ivp ism pinger exe C Program Files TOSHIBA Touch and Launch PadExe exe C Program Files ltmoh Ltmoh exe C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C Program Files TOSHIBA E-KEY CeEKey exe C Program Files Apoint K Apoint exe C WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe C Video Box DownloadStudioScheduleMonitor exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSCDSPD toscdspd exe C Program Files AAA Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe C Program Files Apoint K Apntex exe C Program Files AAA Logitech SetPoint SetPoint exe C Program Files Common Files Logitech KHAL KHALMNPR EXE C WINDOWS system TPSBattM exe C Program Files AAA FireFox firefox exe C WINDOWS system cidaemon exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe C FireWall ZONEAL zlclient exe C HiJack HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http www toshiba com search R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http toshibadirect com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page O - Toolbar Easy-WebPrint - C -E D- c -AA D- AC BABA C - C Program Files Canon Easy-WebPrint Toolband dll O - Toolbar amp DownloadStudio - CB - D - ef - C - FD - C Video Box WebDLBar dll O - HKLM Run ZoomingHook c WINDOWS System ZoomingHook exe O - HKLM Run TPSMain TPSMain exe O - HKLM Run TPNF C Program Files TOSHIBA TouchPad TPTray exe O - HKLM Run TCtryIOHook c WINDOWS System TCtrlIOHook exe O - HKLM Run SmoothView C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Zooming Utility SmoothView exe O - HKLM Run Pinger C toshiba ivp ism pinger exe O - HKLM Run PadTouch C Program Files TOSHIBA Touch and Launch PadExe exe O - HKLM Run LtMoh C Program Files ltmoh Ltmoh exe O - HKLM Run dla C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe O - HKLM Run CeEKEY C Program Files TOSHIBA E-KEY CeEKey exe O - HKLM Run Apoint C Program Files Apoint K Apoint exe O - HKLM Run AGRSMMSG AGRSMMSG exe O - HKLM Run ATIPTA C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe O - HKLM Run Logitech Hardware Abstraction Layer KHALMNPR EXE O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKLM Run DownloadStudio C Video Box DownloadStudioScheduleMonitor exe O - HKLM Run Zone Labs Client quot C FireWall ZoneAlarm zlclient exe quot O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run TOSCDSPD C... Read more

A:Possibly Multiple Infections, "winantivirus", "seekorbit", And Possibly Some Others

Hello,

Can you rename Hijackthis.exe to Analyse.exe
Then scan with Analyse.exe and post the log in your next reply (which will be a hijackthislog ofcourse)

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/65779/possibly-multiple-infections-winantivirus-seekorbit-and-possibly-some-others/
Relevancy 36.98%

My Dell laptop will charge and operate for several hours off a new 6000 MAh battery but the icon in the tray inidcates that it is always on line power. Although both the CD and floppy drive work when installed in a bay the system not indicate that they are present. I have updated the bios from Dell but that does not help. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Jerry

A:Dell Inspiron 3500 charges and runs on battery but cannot find battery or bay devices

Still under warranty, isn't it? Call Dell for a repair trip.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-inspiron-3500-charges-and-runs-on-battery-but-cannot-find-battery-or-bay-devices.109068/
Relevancy 36.98%

Can someone help me with this problem So I just received 3315 15 Status at Inspiron Stuck 0% Charging, Battery Dell Idle? Battery my brand new Dell Inspiron and the battery is not charging It says it s quot Plugged In Charging quot but it never goes up and stays at At first Dell Inspiron 15 3315 Battery Stuck at 0% Charging, Battery Status Idle? I thought I just need to plug it in for several hours but it s been hours now and still the battery stays at nbsp I tried running the BIOS Diagnostics just to see if there are problems and there s none The battery status says everything is running normally and the Battery State says it s Idle I tried draining the flea power several times removing and reattaching the battery but to no avail I m getting really frustrated and I m really close to throwing this laptop back to Dell nbsp I read somewhere that I have to update the BIOS but it won t update unless the battery is charged at least Someone also suggested that Windows is causing the problem I haven t even started using this laptop and it s already giving me a ton of problems nbsp Any help would be much appreciated Thanks guys

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19982101
Relevancy 36.98%

After a round of Windows updates, I went to turn on my laptop and recieved the "Primary internal battery (601)" error.  After this screen, however, Windows would not load.  I have tried taking the battery out and 'draining the charge',  and starting up the computer plugged directly to AC with no battery.  Windows still does not load.  The start-up test in the diagnostics menu said the battery needed calibration, however when I go to run the battery test, it gets to "waiting for battery to charge" and exits out of the test without giving me any results at all.  Currently when turning on the computer I no longer get the "primary internal battery" error, it just goes directly to a black screen with blinking cursor.  Any help is appreciated, I'm completely at a loss here!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Primary-internal-battery-error-diagnostics-battery-test/td-p/5826046
Relevancy 36.98%
Relevancy 36.98%

Battery Issue - Lenovo V570 (Laptop) - Battery Model L09S6Y02

First off I for the most part do not use the battery. It is normally detached from the laptop. I only attach it to periodically charge it and test prior existing charges' performance.

O.K. here is the problem. I attach battery attachment, computer does not make it to the window screen more often than not. When it does, it freezes at the please wait loading screen.

I rarely use the battery at all, but I want all my equipment up and functional. It's life should still be good for I periodically recharge it. I think since I've had the laptop I've only recharged it a total of 6 or 7 times and that's been a year or so.

A:Battery Issue - Lenovo V570 (Laptop) - Battery Model L09S6Y02

jonasdatum said:

Battery Issue - Lenovo V570 (Laptop) - Battery Model L09S6Y02

O.K. here is the problem. I attach battery attachment, computer does not make it to the window screen more often than not. When it does, it freezes at the please wait loading screen.

I rarely use the battery at all, but I want all my equipment up and functional. It's life should still be good for I periodically recharge it. I think since I've had the laptop I've only recharged it a total of 6 or 7 times and that's been a year or so.Click to expand...

I, for the moment at least have the battery working power adapter attached. What did I do? I uninstalled Avast (freeware version) ?

I learned from prior experience that running two of any system utility software can cause problems, but it normally restricts itself to what it is protecting. Then I remembered: "If you remove the possible whatever is left however in probable must be the truth."

Next phase of testing is test the battery on it's own.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/battery-issue-lenovo-v570-laptop-battery-model-l09s6y02.1089994/
Relevancy 36.55%

Hello there I have an ASUS K IE laptop that i had for years now been working fine until days ACPI but is battery detect doesn't 7 Windows battery working ago this problem has been bugging me for the last days here's why my laptop suddenly didn't detect my battery thought it was because my battery was dead I searched the net on things Windows 7 ACPI doesn't detect battery but battery is working to do before quot throwing in the towel quot on my battery and today i came across a blog where the instruction was to uninstall the Microsoft ACPI compliant control method battery driver I did just that and my battery suddenly worked well sort of now here's where it gets all weird every time i open my laptop i do the following plug in AC to laptop turn on laptop unplug AC laptop runs on battery log on to windows battery icon shows up as an empty charging icon then shows the quot Battery is not detected quot icon again please take note that my laptop is still ON and WORKING so this means MAYBE that my battery is working is it a battery problem or the driver is just messed up please anyone who encountered this and had SUCCESSFULLY fixed the problem coz i need to fix this right now thanks and more power to you all

A:Windows 7 ACPI doesn't detect battery but battery is working

I had a problem similar a while back. Try this
1.Shut down the laptop
2.Take out the ac cord and the battery. Hold down the power for about 10 seconds to remove electric charge in the capacitors.
3.Put the battery back in and reboot.
4.Start windows normally, and See if the battery is recognized.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/249894-windows-7-acpi-doesnt-detect-battery-but-battery-working.html
Relevancy 36.55%

Hello there I have Battery.. 1YearOld at battery Laptop left. 20% off powers unexpectedly an one year-old ASUS K S Laptop Windows Home Premium bits GB Ram and HDD At Laptop powers off unexpectedly at 20% battery left. 1YearOld Battery.. the beginning my battery lasted gt hours in Balanced power mode which is the one I alway use and now due to regular use it last about hours Everything normal until here About months ago i started playing this game in full screen with the battery on and it last about - minutes until it reached the low battery warning left I would then plug the power on and resume the game charging the battery as well After a few weeks the warning stopped appearing in the desktop and the computer automatically hibernated left with the game still on So i plugged the ac power on and resumed the game right away This kept happening from that moment on every time i played the game it would reach battery left and hibernate for itself whereas it should appear the low battery warning at left where I would plug in the ac power and charge the battery without going into hibernation On top of that my sister kept stealing my ac charger for charging her Toshiba Satellite as she often forgets her own charger at her workplace Now at the present day when the battery reaches about - left the laptop power off unexpectedly as if I had pull the battery off of the laptop It must be from all those time it would reach left with the game still on that quot tired quot the battery and now it won't even last further than left It might be a problem with the battery or the ac charger that my sister used in another computer Both the battery and its respectively ac charger are the ones that came with the laptop Can someone please tell me what is causing my year-old laptop to power off for no reason at all when battery has just remaining Do I have to buy a new one or what Regards conhaqu

A:Laptop powers off unexpectedly at 20% battery left. 1YearOld Battery..

Hi there .. Do you have Power4Gear Installed ... If so i would look into the Settings for that could be a power plan so save Battery life ... It should also be able to tell you your Battery's Health status ... I have no idea how good this Program is could be total crap ...

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/322529-laptop-powers-off-unexpectedly-20-battery-left-1yearold-battery.html
Relevancy 36.55%

Ok this might be easy..it might not (COMPAQ M2105)

I ended up replacing my motherboard for a model with more features (SD readers blah blah).

I took it all apart and put it all back with the new board in...now when i go into windows (and even before while booting)...the orange lights would come on for a second...then beging to flicker

while in windows...it just will either not charge the battery..or flicker from AC to battery

i CAN power the unit on with the battery alone, and i CAN power the unit with the cord alone...

lastly, my old motherboard (which had a HD connector problem)...still WILL charge the battery...so i'm sure its not the battery...i don't think...

i also dont' think its the AC adapter since it is the same piece I used on both motherboards.....

what to do................

A:compaq M2105 laptop - battery will not charge, flickers from AC/battery

Hopefully you are experienced in working on and repairing laptops/notebooks... and you carefully handeled the replacement motherboard and didn't damage it. Repairing laptops takes considerable skill and caution.

It does sound like the "new" motherboard is bad unfortunately. How did you handle the "old" operating system restore to the "new" motherboard?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/compaq-m2105-laptop-battery-will-not-charge-flickers-from-ac-battery.81237/
Relevancy 36.55%

It's so strange. Today when I turned on my laptop, suddenly, there was a message that my battery has problems so the computer might shut down suddenly. I tried different strategies, like uninstalling the battery driver, or letting the computer completely die. When it turned off itself at 6%, I turned it back on, and it was at 2 minutes battery life. Then in a few minutes, it said 4 minutes battery life for 6%. Now, it's passed an hour, and it says 3 minutes, but changes sometimes to 1-4 minutes. The battery meter is completely wrong, and I don't know what to do since it is closing the computer way too early. I'm still not sure what the problem is. Please help me.

A:Laptop Battery Meter is Completely Wrong and it says there's a problem with the battery

How long have you been using the laptop with battery? Is it still under warranty?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/471577/laptop-battery-meter-is-completely-wrong-and-it-says-theres-a-problem-with-the-battery/
Relevancy 36.55%

HI nbsp I'm have ing trouble with my HP not status, check 93 Unknown stuck... charging, Battery Battery Pavilion p TX nbsp Notebook yr months old its battery charge Battery check Unknown 93 status, Battery not charging, stuck... got nbsp stucked at nor further charge loss nither is it getting charged I'm currently using it via my AC Adaptor and the irony is that I'm posting this from it in the same condition nbsp Things i've tried so far - Updating the bios Current nbsp BIOS Version Date Insyde F - - I have a doubt about the bios version here cause when I tried to check the current bios its showed me this one and F for Intel Processor not sure If its the proble with this case - Uninstialling the ACPI -Compliant Control Method Battery andn then redetecting it- Updating the support assistant and running the battery check which gives an unknown error tried both VERSION nbsp and VERSION - Unpluging the battery and the ac adapter and holding the power button for a whole minute-Tried HP Diagnostic Tools' Battery Check which took like - minutes and responded as no battery is pluged in nbsp Right now I don't have much in my mind to try on this If anyone knows anything please do share that might me helpful Thanks in Advance Enigma nbsp Solved View Solution

A:Battery check Unknown 93 status, Battery not charging, stuck...

Hey @EnigmaDimirti, Welcome to the forums. I'm here to help. I would strongly suggest Testing and Calibrating the Battery. Should that not solve the issue, I would suggest calling in for support to see about replacing the battery, as it should not be displaying "no battery is pluged in" when you run a battery check. Please use the following http://www.hp.com/contacthp and create a case for your issue and contact HP. If you live outside the US/Canada, please click the link below to get the contact information for your region.http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html If this helps, please hit that Thumbs Up, and Accept as Solution. Cheers,TechSurge.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Battery-check-Unknown-93-status-Battery-not-charging-stuck-2/td-p/5586175
Relevancy 36.55%

my battery was giving 1.5 hour power backup from last 4 months... then last month it decreased to 1 hour...from couple of days it decreased to 1/5 hour(with error 'Consider replacing new battery') and yesterday i was using on battery power... and battery had 34% power remaining.. suddenly battery indicating light turns orange and pc shutdown... after that.. my pc is not charging battery... and if i run pc on battery.. it work 10 to 15 minutes ( with orange light.. and on task bar.. battery icon giving error "No battery is detected" ) and then shut down.

today i run laptop on battery power and open setup..and there was error "No battery installed" in battery info...

what happened.. can anyone tell me????

i forgot to tell you that... according to battery's LEDs.... my battery is healthy enough.. but now only 1 led is working...

A:My laptop running on BATTERY and giving error 'No battery detected'

Your battery has failed and must be replaced. They're only good for three or four years. Happens to all laptops.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/238716-my-laptop-running-battery-giving-error-no-battery-detected.html
Relevancy 36.55%

Hi,  I am gonna purchase the new Inspiron 17 5000 (5759).  Just wondering if I am gonna change the battery in  the future? How can I do that?  Or we just can't change it? Thank you for your help!

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19996112
Relevancy 36.55%

My laptop is Inspiron 14R (N4010) and the exsiting 48Whr battery is drain very quickly. So I would like to replace new once.I find 90Whr as url below compatible with mine. But I just wonder, Can 90 AC adapter use with 90Whr battery?
90Whr Batteryaccessories.us.dell.com/.../productdetail.aspx
90W AC adapteraccessories.us.dell.com/.../productdetail.aspx

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19980861
Relevancy 36.55%

Hie

My hp laptop had its battery flat for 12 hours. After that the laptop can nolonger boot up or charge. Please help

A:HP laptop cannot boot up or charge battery after battery went flat for 12 hours

What is the model of your laptop?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-laptop-cannot-boot-up-or-charge-battery-after-battery-went-flat-for-12-hours.186087/
Relevancy 36.55%

Hello I ve been using a Dell inspiron from about years now and exactly after years of my buy the battery failed and it started showing me to battery charge! Bought battery still and dell my doesn't laptop a new replace the battery and always notified me about contacting dell for a new battery Bought a new dell battery and still my laptop battery doesn't charge! I didn t take this of much concern so i just ignored the message and kept on using my battery with my adapter plugged in After - months of such usage My battery completely failed and doesn t Bought a new dell battery and still my laptop battery doesn't charge! even offer me even a minute of backup when i remove the power socket Then i realized the importance of a new battery and then bought a new battery from Dell Its the same battery with the same specs and also the same family type After i removed my defected battery I replaced my new bought Dell battery and realized that my battery is working fine its charging well but at some time it says quot Plugged in But not charging quot Which is rare for any new battery which is bought brand new This is how it looks now after i remove the AC adapter plug and when i depend on the battery backup it is providing me a backup but I see a yellow exclamatory mark beside it Which I think should not be present it also says quot Low battery quot when there s already of battery left I ve also followed some online steps updated by BIOS to the latest nbsp Followed some other steps like uninstalling the battery ACI in the device manager and etc i would love to get this problem solved I m using a PA- family adapter which is also a replaced one So any help on solving the issue would be appreciated THANKS

A:Bought a new dell battery and still my laptop battery doesn't charge!

Hi Utkarsh. I Actually FIXED this problem months back. and I exactly want to help you on this so that you can fix it yourself too..
the problem which is creating your battery to show an exclamatory mark is your power settings.
so follow these steps to get rid of that sign and a perfectly working battery.
1) Click on your battery icon (left click) you should see an option called " More power options" at the bottom of the popup.
click "More power options"
2) Now you will be taken to your control panel where you can see all of your power plans and under each plan, you will see an option called "Change plan settings"
3) Click on "Change plan settings" for your active power plan. Now you will get redirected to another control panel window, where you can see two kind of power options to get adjusted. that is, when you battery is plugged and when your battery is unplugged.
4) Don't touch those options, just click on "Change advanced power settings" at the bottom left of that window. THIS IS THE AREA WHERE WE NEED TO FIX!
5)After you click on "Change advanced power setttings", you will see a POWER options popup, go to the bottom and then you can see something called "Battery" with a plus sign on the left. click it.
6) Now you just have to change the levels for the following values
                   --> Critical battery level ( you can change it to 10%)
                   ---> Low battery level ( you can change it to 20%)
Now once that's done, YOU WILL NO LONGER SEE THE EXCLAMATORY MARK ON YOUR BATTERY!!!!
So I hope this works!
Reply me back when you've succeeded fixing it.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19465162
Relevancy 36.12%

I have just replaced my CMOS/BIOS battery today, as , I have faced some critical problem regarding regular BIOS date/time reset after system shutdown. But I want to know how do i recognize, that my new batter is totally ok or functional.

Battery Meter gadget shows that "battery Not charging"
Is it a gadget problem?

Is there any method available so that I can track that my new installed CMOS battery in PC is working fine?

Please help me.

A:Battery Meter shows CMOS battery not charging

The battery you have replaced is solely there to maintain the clock and other BIOS settings (if you have changed them from their defaults). It will not prevent you from booting your system if it is dead/missing; all it means is that you will have to enter the BIOS each time and make the correct settings and time. This battery is not rechargeable.

Do you still have to enter the correct time, or is the BIOS maintaining this now you've changed the battery?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/268054-battery-meter-shows-cmos-battery-not-charging.html
Relevancy 36.12%

I am new at this stuff and I seek help from all those who can give it. Ok so my first charger stopped working and I bought a new charger. The charger worked great for a few months after purchase. Until one day the charger stopped charging on and off. I unplugged it a few times and then it stopped working. I let the battery die after. I am guessing that it stopped working because i may have screwed up the charger socket by tripping on the cord thus pulling on it im not really sure anymore. The laptop is in a bad condition, it's four years old i think but it can still run. The battery is the same not change. HELP ME for I am an *****

A:Toshiba Satellite M45 Battery or Battery Charger Problem

You probably broke the internal AC adapter socket. It can be repaired, but you will have to take it in for service

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-satellite-m45-battery-or-battery-charger-problem.129316/
Relevancy 36.12%

Hi,

Vista is retrieving me the error message that it is not able to retrieve the power parameters.
Do i need to install a softawre to allow me to access those parameters ?

Thanks for you feedback,

Rgds,

F,

A:Battery - Vista is not able the retrieve the power options for the battery

Hi

To be honest I have no idea what you are talking about.
The Vista power options are a part of the Vista OS and you don?t need to install anything.

But on Toshiba notebook the Vista power option would be extended by some Toshiba power options.
Are you speaking about this Power Saver options?
If yes, then I would recommend reinstalling the VAP (value added package) because these power options are a part of VAP.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?56712-Battery-Vista-is-not-able-the-retrieve-the-power-options-for-the-battery
Relevancy 36.12%

User comes in my office and lost the battery clip. The clip you use to release the battery. When i use a pen to open the clip i can eject the battery and reseat it, but the laptop will not boot from the battery and will not charge the battery. Is there a way to make the laptop know the battery is present without the lock clip? and how does this clip work? I think this notebook can work fine the next couple of years. Or is anybody has a battery clip for the hp probook 6550b, i will be pleased if you can send it to me, i will pay for the stamps ofcourse.   

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Battery-will-not-charge-after-i-lost-the-battery-lock-clip/td-p/5623707
Relevancy 36.12%

I recently purchased a used Ultra-slim Battery Not Working (Flashing LED) Battery EliteBook p and was disappointed at the battery life probably Ultra-slim Battery Not Working (Flashing Battery LED) due to years of use on the battery so I decided to buy an Ultra-slim battery to maximize my battery life Today it arrived in the mail and I plugged it in only to find it doesn't seem to work nbsp When I plug it in with the internal battery still installed the battery lightning bolt LED starts to flash amber and for the most part does not stop until I remove it In Windows the internal battery shows up as Battery and reports nothing installed for Battery nbsp If I only have the external battery installed the computer will not power on without the power adapter plugged in and the computer reports no batteries installed nbsp I have tried resetting the computer as instructed by another post on here unplug power and all batteries and hold the power button for seconds but that did not help nbsp I can't find any kind of battery diagnostic tests within BIOS settings so I'm not really sure if this is an issue with the computer or the battery I bought the battery used but the seller guaranteed nbsp it was tested and that it worked Do I need to use the docking station to charge it My guess is no since it has its own battery connection but I can't really find much information about it There is a button on the front of the battery with a battery icon on it but it doesn't seem to make any difference I've tried both tapping it and holding it down

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-Notebooks/Ultra-slim-Battery-Not-Working-Flashing-Battery-LED/td-p/5739262
Relevancy 36.12%

I recently purchased an x and everything is perfect but the battery fit nbsp It moves up and down slightly nbsp I know there are many posts in the lenovo forums for all different models that the battery fits lose in x model and solutions of putting paper foam tape to make the battery fit tighter nbsp and Loose Battery / ... Battery LENOVO wiggle x230 in nbsp What I'm wondering is if anyone has actually had the problem fixed by lenovo nbsp I've read a Battery Loose / Battery wiggle in x230 and LENOVO ... few posts where a Battery Loose / Battery wiggle in x230 and LENOVO ... user has had the base piece of the case replaced where the battery fit's into and that has solved the problem nbsp I'm still within my return period on my x and am awaiting a call back from tech support to see if there is anything they will do but I don't think I will keep it if they can't fix it nbsp nbsp I'm just curious has anyone actually had luck by replacing the base piece nbsp From what i've read a replacement battery hasn't worked for anyone nbsp Also I know everyone says its by design for thermal purposes but I haven't actually seen any official confirmation of this from lenovo nbsp nbsp Thanks nbsp

A:Battery Loose / Battery wiggle in x230 and LENOVO ...

As a follow up, I'm just curious if this is a widespread issue?  Anyone have loose battery in their x230 / x220?  I'm not talking about it falling out...but just a few millimeters of wiggle room.  Basically when i pick mine up or place it down, I can feel / hear the battery move.  I'm just trying to get an idea if this is a real problem or thats just how every thinkpad is.  I called support and they are sending someone to replace the base panel and we'll see if that fixes it.  I'll update this post when it get's replaced.   Edit* I also asked the lenovo support rep if they had heard of this issue and they said no, never.  I don't see how this is possible as if you do a google search for thinkpad loose battery there are many results.  

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/Battery-Loose-Battery-wiggle-in-x230-and-LENOVO-solutions/td-p/948935
Relevancy 36.12%

My W540 is asking me to consider replacing the battery. The original battery is a 57++, 9 cells, 11.1V, 8.96Ah 100Wh, Li-ion00 battery. Searched on ebay, cannot find an exactly the same one.  The closest match one is this:  Some 9 cells 57++ is 10.8V, 9.21Ah and Li-ion 20  ----- does this one is better than mine original because of its lower V?----- do you have a reliable seller from ebay or amazon to recommend ? From the Battery Maintenance window I found there is a Battery Health Mode feature somewhere. But where I can find it??

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/W540-battery-replacement-and-Battery-Health-Mode/td-p/3443944