Windows Support Forum

resetting/upgrading old compaq bios

Q: resetting/upgrading old compaq bios

I have an old compaq presario 2275 that I thought would be fun to get running again. The problem is that when I try to reload win 98 I keep having problems since I don't have the original factory recovery disk. Does anyone have a way to reset the bios other then removing the battery? Is there a flash upgrade someone knows about? I have tried google but to no avail.
TIA!

_XD_

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: resetting/upgrading old compaq bios

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: resetting/upgrading old compaq bios

dear former druggie

What makes you think that resetting the bios is going to help you with this situation??

I can't see what benefit it would be. You need to get an OS install disk of some flavor.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/resetting-upgrading-old-compaq-bios.358990/
Relevancy 59.77%

I have had this PC since 2001 and it seems to be in good working condition. It originally came with Windows ME and two years ago, I upgraded the OS to Windows XP. I need help to clean the computer and start over as new. How can I do this?

Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/resetting-a-compaq-presario-287018.html
Relevancy 54.61%

hai guys i need your helip with resetting bios. i bought a second hand hp pro book 640 but it has a bio password. how can i remove it. i cant go into bios settings.   please uregently need your help guys. thank you

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Bios-resetting/td-p/5678499
Relevancy 54.61%

hello, need help, my problem is bios wont set may time and date keeps on resetting, am running windows 7 ultimate licensed, everytime i start my dsktop pc i got a blank screen, if i reset my bios thru jumper setting then i start my pc it will display and ask to run bios set up or load default setting. If choose run cmos set up and set my time & date then restart i get a blank screen, if choose load default setting windows 7 will start and everything run smoothly. thn if i restart or shutdown my computer it goes back to blank screen and do it again resetting the cmos and it will ask again run set up or load default setting, tried changing my battery still the same. can anyone hp me with this problem any help will gratly appreciated. thanx.

Relevancy 54.61%

I baught a machine from a friend and I spent a great deal of money on it. It's a Dell GX 520 Optiplex. The moron who had the machine before me put an admin password in the BIOS, so I can't change the boot order to CD first to boot from cd and reinstall windows. I need the admin password to boot from CD. So i'm going to reset the bios.
Question: How do I reset the bios? I already tryed pulling out the battery and unplugging the machine for a long period of time and putting it back in. That does not work. I read that I need to reset the pins or something on the motherboard? I couldn't find the make/model on the board. It might be this: foxconn (foxcom) L S-36; there's also a chip I believe that's the BIOS that says Intel on it.

Please help.

Relevancy 54.61%

I want to change the boot order on my PC so that the HD is the first unit to boot.  I have gone into my BIOS to make the adjustment, but it doesn't seem to hold the adjustment.

TY

A:Resetting My BIOS

Is the date and time correct?

When you change the boot order are you pressing F10 to save the changes?

What is the make and model of this computer?

The drive with the operating system (usually C: drive) is the first device in the boot order by default.  What is the first device in the boot order if it isn't the hdd/sdd?  

One possibility that could cause this would be the CMOS battery failing.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/613679/resetting-my-bios/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi all, can you help please,?  I have a Packard Bell imedia desktop pc, I want to change the bios settings to enable the CD to boot first. The current setting is, Prim Master HD, Prim Slave empty,  
Sec Master C/D, Sec Slave DVD.  I 'd like to change it to,  Prim Master C/D, Prim Slave empty, Sec Master HD, Sec Slave DVD.  The Bios is Ambios New Setup Utility version 3.31a.  I have managed to move the C/D to the Master Prim position but then the HD doesn't appear in the window to enable me to move it to Master Slave.  Would appreciate any help or suggestions, as basic as possible please, thanks Roy

A:resetting bios

Sound like you are confusing primary and master with drive boot order. (Or maybe I'm just confused.) It doesn't matter if your CD drive is primary slave, secondary master, or whatever - you can still set it to be the first drive in the boot order.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/552435/resetting-bios/
Relevancy 54.61%

I have an athlon 2000+ on a biostar M7VIQ motherboard. At first it would only see the processor as 1.25ghz. I changed the cpu frequency to 133 mhz from 100mhz and the processor was then recognised properly. Only problem is that i have to reset the bios every time i start up. It starts to boot and loads the default bios settings. I can continue into windows but once i restart, i have to reset the bios or i just get a blank screen. The ram is pc2100 256mb.
Any help would be appreciated.

A:Why do i have to keep resetting the bios?

put in a new cmos battery

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/why-do-i-have-to-keep-resetting-the-bios.156923/
Relevancy 54.61%

As i was discussing in a previous thread:
http://forums.techguy.org/hardware/585954-new-computer-new-monitor-no.html
My video card/motherboard will not work, how do i reset BIOS, if you need specs on the computer im using, i have it posted in the thread above...

Relevancy 53.75%

Has happened twice in 1 week...is this a battery problem?

A:BIOS resetting to defaults by itself!

Chum said:

Has happened twice in 1 week...is this a battery problem?Click to expand...

That is the only reason I can think of.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bios-resetting-to-defaults-by-itself.278007/
Relevancy 53.75%

I have had this same problem on a computer with an MSI 651ML motherboard and on a Compaq Deskpro en pentium 3.

Even though the battery is fully charged and the battery is firmly installed in the holder the BIOS always goes back to default settings and loses time and date settings after power has been unplugged. Is that just a defective mobo?

Relevancy 53.75%

Ok I wasnt really sure where to put this topic i was hoping somebody could help me out At my college Resetting Bios Passwords? they recently changed all the computers and replaced them with new ones i took one of the old ones off their hands for them cos i wanted to have a messabout with it The PC is configured to run on the college network so i need to format it because its configured for this purpose its pretty hard to do anything with it The Bios has a password which nobody seems to know and i can Resetting Bios Passwords? t log on cos i dont know the admin password for the PC itself So i want to re-format it and id like to know how to get around the bios password if thats possible Also can i just insert a format disk and format it like any other pc Sorry im not that good at computers Any comments are welcome Cheers Ben nbsp

A:Resetting Bios Passwords?

Turn off the computer, and disconnect it from the mains.

Now open up the computer, and remove the cmos battery for a few minutes.

The battery is about the size of a nickle.

Be sure to only hold the battery by it`s edges, and not top and bottom, as this can discharge the battery.

Replace the battery, the cmos should now be reset to the default settings, and the bios password should now have been removed.

You will need to go into the bios in order to reset the confguration.

If you download the free Everest programme. It will give you lots of info about the system. You can get the programme from HERE

This will allow you to identifiy most of the system components, so that you can for example search online for a mobo manual etc.

Once you can get into the computer you will be able to format the hdd just like any other.

Regards Howard :grinthumb

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/resetting-bios-passwords.27005/
Relevancy 53.75%

My computer does not boot perfectly it shows a message showing quot CMOS Date Time Not Set CMOS Settings Wrong Press F to run Setup quot And i need time BIOS resetting keep to get into BIOS in each boot and set the time I thought it's the problem of BIOS battery and I changed it But problem not solved So I flash the bios to solve the problem of bugs in BIOS if any But it doesn't solve the problem here the dds log DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Run by aju at on Wed Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows Ultimate GMT AV avast Internet Security Enabled Updated C D F - -E C- AA- DAD F SP avast Internet Security Enabled Updated C BIOS time keep resetting E - -EBB - A A- CA AE B B SP Windows Defender Enabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF FW avast Internet Security Enabled FB EB - C D-E - BF -EEEF B B Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C BIOS time keep resetting Program Files Alwil Software Avast AvastSvc exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Alwil Software Avast afwServ exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files x Nero Nero Nero BackItUp NBService exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C PROGRA SPEEDB VideoAcceleratorService exe C BIOS time keep resetting PROGRA SPEEDB VideoAcceleratorEngine exe C Program Files x Common Files Nero Lib NMBgMonitor exe C Program Files x Internet Download Manager IDMan exe C Program Files x Common Files Nero Lib NMIndexingService exe C Program Files x SpeedBit Video Accelerator VideoAccelerator exe C Program Files x Common Files Nero Lib NMIndexStoreSvr exe C Program Files x Internet Download Manager IEMonitor exe C Program Files x PowerISO PWRISOVM EXE C Program Files x Common Files Nokia MPlatform NokiaMServer exe C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Program Files Alwil Software Avast AvastUI exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcs C Windows system WUDFHost exe C Program Files x Google Picasa PicasaPhotoViewer exe C Windows system SearchProtocolHost exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Users aju Downloads dds scr C Windows system conhost exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google com mWinlogon Userinit userinit exe BHO IDMIEHlprObj Class c - - b-a bf- b c a a - C Program Files x Internet Download Manager IDMIECC dll BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll uRun BgMonitor E - C C- d f- C - D A B AA quot C Program Files x Common Files Nero Lib NMBgMonitor exe quot uRun lt NO NAME gt uRun IDMan C Program Files x Internet Download Manager IDMan exe onboot uRun SpeedBitVideoAccelerator C Program Files x SpeedBit Video Accelerator VideoAccelerator exe mRun NBKeyScan quot C Program Files x Nero Nero Nero BackItUp NBKeyScan exe quot mRun PWRISOVM EXE C Program Files x PowerISO PWRISOVM EXE mRun NokiaMServer C Program Files x Common Files Nokia MPlatform NokiaMServer watchfiles startup mRun Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files x Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot mRun Adobe ARM quot C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe quot mRun avast quot C Program Files Alwil Software Avast avastUI exe quot nogui mPolicies-explorer NoActiveDesktop x mPolicies-explorer NoActiveDesktopChanges x mPolicies-system ConsentPromptBehaviorAdmin x mPolicies-system ConsentPromptBehaviorUser x mPolicies-system EnableUIADesk... Read more

A:BIOS time keep resetting

Hello ajumt,

I'm not seeing any malware in your logs. This is most likely a hardware issue, please continue the troubleshooting process in your original thread here ==> help

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/bios-time-keep-resetting-563988.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I got a serious problem, BIOS password forgotten!!
my Laptop is Libretto L5 series
does anybody know the Toshiba BIOS resetting charge?
Thanks alot.

A:Libretto L5, BIOS resetting

Hello Jain

As far as I know it?s not possible to change or to delete the BIOS password without the old password. I'm afraid you have to contact the Toshiba service partner. There are authorized to change or to delete the BIOS password.

Bye

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?6742-Libretto-L5-BIOS-resetting
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi, i have hp probook 450, can you please help me reset bios password. i tried with cmos battery, it didnt work and also my laptop gets locked when attemped 3 times without any message. thanks in advance

A:Resetting Bios Password

Hi, Unfortunately,  business machines such as Probooks or Elitebooks have more stringent security than consumer models - they don't produce 'halt codes', the password cannot be derived from the Serial No. and the code is stored in non-volatile memory so removing the RTC cell will not reset the password in this case. If you Contact HP Business support they should be able to send you a customised SMC.bin file which you can use at boot to reset the password. Regards, DP-K

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Resetting-Bios-Password/td-p/5688605
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello, i was wondering what does resetting to BIOS or CMOS exactly do.

What is the difference between those two?

What are the risks?

Does it wipe my programs?

If there is a high chance my motherboard will die, should i consider using a recovery disk?

My main problem is http://forums.techguy.org/hardware/1019615-drivers-gtx-460-keep-reversing.html#post8091884. I really can not find a solution, i might try a few more things before taking more extensive methods.

Relevancy 53.75%

That's pretty much all there is to it. I overclocked my computer too far, reset the bios to fix it and when i got back on MSN and AIM failed to work. Yahoo still does, and if i try trillian i can still connect to AIM, but MSN wont let me connect.

Actually thats slightly inaccurate, i COULD log onto both AIM and MSN for about 12-14 hours after resetting my bios but now i get errors. I can still log on on my laptop though.

I get error code 80048820 for MSN
and i get a simple connection failed with AIM which then asks me to auto configure or change settings.

I have tried re-installing MSN which didnt work, ive also tried fooling with both of their settings and that didnt work either. Everything else works just fine. Not quite sure what to do =/
thanks for any help!

A:can no longer use msn or aim after resetting bios

Make sure your time and time zone settings are correct for your area. http://www.computerperformance.co.uk...e_80048820.htm

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/can-no-longer-use-msn-or-aim-after-resetting-bios-410810.html
Relevancy 53.75%

When the computer is cold booted it acts as if the battery is dead There is a checksum error that says to check CPU setup or I can just continue booting to XP and it will run fine but date and time need to be reset and sometimes XP will say it s installing drivers for new video card even though it s the same card It also restarts with no problem The battery is good and the system is barebones the only thing I ve yet to try is removing the mobo from the case Have also tried other RAM and video cards and flashed the bios I have also run diagnostic tests that indicate there is nothing wrong with CPU mobo or RAM Has anyone else had a problem like this Pentium GHz Motherboard resetting Keeps BIOS to default Properties Motherboard ID -SiS- DX- A IXM SC- Motherboard Name MSI M-L MS- Front Side Bus Properties Bus Type Intel NetBurst Bus Width -bit Real Clock MHz QDR Effective Clock MHz Bandwidth MB s Chipset Bus BIOS Keeps resetting to default Properties Bus Type SiS MuTIOL Bus Width -bit Motherboard Physical Info CPU Sockets Slots Expansion Slots PCI AGP CNR RAM Slots DIMM Integrated Devices Audio Video LAN Form Factor BIOS Keeps resetting to default Micro ATX Motherboard Size mm x mm Motherboard Chipset SiS nbsp

Relevancy 53.75%

I ll start off by telling you my system and what I have tried to fix it System Asus M N-E MotherBoard AMD X Processor AMD HeatSink and Fan the resetting overheating, It is and not BIOS not AcePower W Power Supply Navida Geforce GT Video Card Dell SATA gig Hard Drive x Ocz PC gig - - x and running on Board Internet Port I was using my computer the night before and now today I try and start it it started for Seconds than shut off I tried to start it It is not overheating, and not resetting the BIOS with the button in the front and it did nt respond so i flip the switch It is not overheating, and not resetting the BIOS at the back and when i flip it back on it started right away But still started for seconds and off again It is not overheating, and not resetting the BIOS terrible cycle I have gone through my computer unplugging different parts and trying to start Ram Hard Drives Video card Power supply DVD-Roms I do not have a diffrent Processor or MotherBoard to see if one of those is the problem With this being said I have tried to reset my Bios by pulling out the battery and jumping the jumper to - instead of - waited sec put everything back to normal still shuts down after secs and did not go to anything when it turns on for the secs the green light is on I did notice a little bit of brown on the f panel in the bottom right coner of the MotherBoard is that normal nbsp

A:It is not overheating, and not resetting the BIOS

Sounds like your PSU is starting to go bad. Did you clean the inside of any dust buildup? Were you playing a game? What were you doing when this happened?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/it-is-not-overheating-and-not-resetting-the-bios.178113/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello all I ve been having a really bad day It s my day off work today so I was hoping to do some gameage however I was having a problem recently with my windows install and just to keep it short and to the point i m having a hard time getting into my bios and resetting it I wish to do this so that I can reenable usb legacy which i stupidly disabled a little while back that doesn t allow me to use my usb keyboard in dos and now that I have to i m stuck I ve looked all over the motherboard and am not able to find anywhere a jumper to reset the bios back to factory settings i ve then been waiting all day as i m hoping unplugging and removing the battery would work but not in hours atleast should I wait longer Any help would be appreciated my comp s an HP with an asus mb nbsp

Relevancy 53.32%

I have a Dell Latitude D630. It has an admin password for the bios. Nothing is locked except for the settings. I can't change any of the settings in the bios. It lets me boot to windows just fine though. My question is, since I don't know that admin password for the bios, if I upgrade the bios firmware, will the admin password be deleted? Since I'm flashing the bios, I would think that all the settings will be lost. Is that the case?

A:Will upgrading the bios firmware on a Latitude D630 delete the bios admin password?

What?

Didn't you reply here, and say it worked (after the unusual 9th try ) http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic109612-109.html#post747024

Awfully strange!

A bios update can't remove passwords. As You Must Know

Oh and thanks for the extended long Title. I'm thinking this Topic of yours would be best removed? What do you think?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/will-upgrading-the-bios-firmware-on-a-latitude-d630-delete-the-bios-admin-password.138281/
Relevancy 53.32%

I have an older Gateway desktop running Win 98. Both the desktop clock and the BIOS clock continuously reset themselves to exactly 1 hour ahead. No matter what I do it always resets itself to 1 hour ahead, no more, no less. Any ideas? It almost sounds like a daylight savings thing, but the timezone etc is set correctly. Thanks for the help.

Bob

A:Solved: BIOS clock keeps resetting

Change the battery on the motherboard.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-bios-clock-keeps-resetting.447544/
Relevancy 53.32%

I took apart the laptop and I have the motherboard laying out in front of me. I think I have located the bios battery (looks like a watch battery next to FirstBios Notebook Pro C2) I see it has a plus side which runs underneath the battery and a negative side which is connected to the top of the battery. There is no wiring on this so I am pretty sure i need to short circuit the battery in order to reset the bios. Do I just have to connect the plus side to the negative side? or is there anything else.

Relevancy 53.32%

Hi everyone I have to admit that this is the first time I ve posted to this kind of forum before but I really need some help of people who know more than me It s a bit of a long story so after problems resetting BIOS Hardware I ll tell it stage by stage I picked up a bit of a a bargain a few weeks ago- a nd hand machine at a pretty low price because there was a password blocking the BIOS- not a problem thought I how often do I need to tweak the BIOS So all was well- installed Windows XP and various applications with no hitches But I was getting fed up with the onboard video stealing memory and just not being very good- I opened the box only to find only free PCI slot to be seen So off I went trawling the used Hardware problems after resetting BIOS parts shops and I found a rather nice MB Geforce PCI card- sweet I bought it took it home stuck it in and installed the drivers- but no joy So after a bit of research I discovered I needed to change the video settings in the BIOS- oh dear I can t get into the BIOS So after further research I discover that apparently removing the CMOS battery would reset the BIOS password and all- I try this and yes it does- I can get into the BIOS setup- joy For a second I leave the setup and try to boot the machine and nothing Except a wee message telling me quot no operating system found quot thought I I need to reinstall Windows- oh well there s nothing too important I ll lose in with the Windows CD and nothing Got an error message- media error- check the cables back into the BIOS setup and after playing around with the boot settings got the windows cd to boot- kind of Setup initialises and then quits to quot prevent problems with your computer quot - the very nasty blue screen tells me to run a hardware diagnostic utility paying particular attention to quot memory check mismatched faulted memory quot Other than that the machine won t do anything All I did hardwarewise was to remove PCI ethernet and USB boards to get at the battery- neither of which are currently in the machine My machine is an NEC Valuestar VF not sure if it s available outside of Japan Celeron ghz MB of which is taken by onboard video Not too sure of the motherboard but it has an SiS L chipset PLEASE HELP ME SOMEONE Any advice will be extremely gratefully received nbsp

A:Hardware problems after resetting BIOS

In BIOS setup, load the optimised or failsafe defaults first, then apply your settings. Make sure that the BIOS detects all your optical and hard drives.

Also, it could be that the PSU in that system is not powerful enough to feed that monster video card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hardware-problems-after-resetting-bios.72888/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi! I previously asked a question in the forum before, I was thinking of resetting my BIOS, I have a FM2-A55M-E33 Motherboard it is compatible with Windows 7, but for some time I'm having a problem with my mouse the left button was malfunctioning to activate it again you must open the task manager first and close it again, whenever i tried to reformat and install Windows 7 the screen glitches/flicker. I had already wipe my HDD, tried a new wired mouse, tried a USB mouse, tried a new HDD, Checked my PSU, clean ports with contact cleaners. I'm thinking that my BIOS got affected by a malware or something and it is not compatible or having problems with my OS anymore... Need advice... I can't figure out if I accidentally updated a BIOS. my RAM is 4GB ddr3, AMD Radeon 3.4ghz processor...

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/windows-29/resetting-bios-windows-incompatibility-4595725/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hey guys I recently was installing a new video card and I resetting help settings Jumper/BIOS Need might ve toggled with some of the BIOS settings that I shouldn t have and now my computer won t boot at all Need help resetting Jumper/BIOS settings but sits on the first screen with the quot Decompilation prohibited quot logo along with distorted graphics and what not It won t go anywhere beyond that My specs HP Pavilion n Ghz Intel Celeron My mobo is a Phoenix Trigem according to what it had said before I wish I could be more specific but seeing as I can t do anything with that computer at the moment that s all I know Help Also if someone could help with my video card trouble Now if I don t have the card in I get the above if I DO put the card in however GeForce FX PCI MB It boots but I can only see the mouse cursor on a black screen and none of my keyboard commands work If anyone could help me with either both troubles I would be very gracious one gamer to another nbsp

A:Need help resetting Jumper/BIOS settings

In order to reset your cmos you need to do one of two things.

Either use the jumper on the mobo you mobo book should tell you how to do this or take out the cmos battery for about 20 seconds being careful only to hold the battery by it`s edges not top and bottom then put the battery back in and reboot your bios should now be at the default settings.

You may need to go into your bios in order to reset some of your settings.

Regards Howard

:grinthumb

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-resetting-jumper-bios-settings.17301/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello fellow geeks Ive have come across a very after BIOS at Stuck bootscreen resetting peculiar dilemma One day after a system update all my USB input Stuck at bootscreen after resetting BIOS devices stopped working leaving me stuck at the Win login screen After some basic troubleshooting I decided to reset BIOS with system defaults No help there So instead i decided to do a hardware reset of the bios by flipping the switch jumper on the motherboard Still none of the USB ports are working When I boot the computer it is doing an Stuck at bootscreen after resetting BIOS initial RAM check saying that the configuration has changed and politely asks me to press F to save settings or press F to setup BIOS BUT since my keyboard is not working I cannot proceed Bought a USB -- gt PS converter to see if my keyboard would respond on that port the answer is noooo So would be ever grateful if someone has got a solution for this Or at least someone can point me in the right direction Otherwise I might just throw it all out the window Pretty fed up with this atm Thanks in advance Calle

A:Stuck at bootscreen after resetting BIOS

It may seem silly, but it worked for me once. Did you tried to remove all the electric plugs, remove the usb plugs, wait for 15 seconds and then insert them again, first electric plugs, after that usb s. My all usb ports weren't working and that solved my problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/217072-stuck-bootscreen-after-resetting-bios.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi Everyone Please I need your help I ve been using my PC almost daily for emails and other stuffs Then one day when I am about to use my PC the safe mode last known configuration and start normally list appeared and so without any doubt I chose start windows normally Then the loading bar undetected keyboard becomes After resetting, BIOS of Windows Vista appeared After a while the mouse cursor appeared and when I check if it is moving it moved Then after to seconds pc restarted showing the safe mode After BIOS resetting, keyboard becomes undetected list again I tried safe mode then last known configuration but it keeps on restarting I attempted to press F on the BIOS DEll BIOS screen and realized that I don t want to jeopardize the system since I am not that advanced in PC troubleshooting In here keyboard is clearly functioning Someone advised me to reset the BIOS by removing and returning the button-like battery in the motherboard After doing so I switched on the PC and the DELL BIOS screen appeared It stayed there for hours I switched it off and and then back in I pressed F F but nothing happens The bulbs on the keyboard are not lit so I m suspecting that it is undetected Please help me Thanks karschiagaraval nbsp

Relevancy 53.32%

My BIOS keep resetting after I shut down and plug out. I am suspecting CMOS battery drained out but this PC is only 3 years+. Moreover, my time and date DID NOT RESET back to the default, it still remain as usual. Any idea on this?

I'm using GIGABYTE GA-Z77P-D3.

Thanks in advance guru!

A:BIOS keep resetting everytime plug off

Check the CMOS jumper on your MB to see if it's still on the "reset" position.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/358648-bios-keep-resetting-everytime-plug-off.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I am looking at upgrading a compaq deskpro EP/SB system. Pentium 111, 500mhz. It currently has 64mb PC100 memory. How much memory can I put in this system? Would it take 128mb? Thanks for any help.

Relevancy 52.89%

On the the newer Dell Dimensions how do you set the BIOS to defaults - - no visible option
seems to be given...

I am talking about the type of BIOS where there is just one page of information and the screen is grey instead of the usual black...

Relevancy 52.89%

Hello everyone I m not sure if this is against the forum rules but I thought I would post anyway since I am beginning to slowly lose my sanity over this I ve recently fell for the dv9700 Removing/Resetting on BIOS HP a password old BIOS trap where Removing/Resetting BIOS password on a HP dv9700 to remove the password you had to enter the current password then enter the new one and confirm I did this as I had a password before then I just pressed Enter for the New password and confirm password since I thought this would remove it Now it s still asking for the password before booting I tried entering no password I tried entering my old password I tried space enter nothing So I am asking anybody that can to please help me reset remove bypass this damned master password My laptop is a HP Pavilion dv model no dv ea and the hash code code after failed tries is I saw that in the stickied thread above people were being helped so I thought I would appeal to your kindness to help me out Thank you in advance Gabriel nbsp

A:Removing/Resetting BIOS password on a HP dv9700

Check this thread for the info:
http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic109612.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/removing-resetting-bios-password-on-a-hp-dv9700.128023/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi, so my uncle asked me to fix up his laptop for him. I'm planning on wiping the laptop and put a fresh install of Windows 7 64 bit on it but I noticed the bios was locked and it gave me a hint after getting it wrong 3 times which changes every 3 times. The laptop is a dell wyse powerterm altough I can't find any more info then that, I tried removing the bios battery for more then 5 hours with the battery unplugged although it still retains the bios info. I don't see any jumpers to bridge any ideas? I read online I should call dell although i have no proof of purchase, serial number or anything like that.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/401356-resetting-bios-password-wyse-powerterm.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I managed to crash my mothers Acer Aspire one recently,while trying to rid it of a previous windows 7 crack it had,I ran WATFIX and now I need to manualy reset the bios the guide on yuo tube is a bit vague and I was wonmdering if anyone knew any better vids for me yours zulux

A:manually resetting bios on acer aspire one

What do you mean reset the BIOS? Reset it to factory default? There should be a default selection inside the BIOS.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/401515/manually-resetting-bios-on-acer-aspire-one/
Relevancy 52.89%

A while ago, while my BIOS was updating, my laptop shut off. When I tried to power it back on, I get nothing. The harddrive boots, I get the lights and everything, but absolutely nothing shows up on the screen. The light on the screen doesn't turn on or anything. I was thinking that it might be a BIOS related issue since this happened after my laptop shut down during the update. So would resetting the CMOS or anything like that fix this problem? Or will I have to hot flash the BIOS?

A:Resetting the BIOS on a Toshiba Satellite laptop

Hi
if you screwed the BIOS update (never do it from within windows) then the motherboard is screwed and there is nothing you can do to retrieve it (short off soldering a new BIOS chip on that is)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/resetting-the-bios-on-a-toshiba-satellite-laptop.137612/
Relevancy 52.89%

On boot up on Dell 530s PC.... F1 to continue, and F2 to enter setup appears......I can use F1 and everything goes well.. I note that the time is in error and I entered the BIOs section where the date shows a 2007 date... I also noted that the "A drive" , which does not exist on this pc should have been at "none"...it wasn't...so I clicked on NONE.... Once corrected and time reset all seems to go well... ... Is the battery involved in this malfunction?. I did add an extra 2 gigs of memory from Crucial about a month ago..all went well for a few weeks.. this new symptom appeared just a week ago.

Any suggestions?

Oneoldman... very

A:Continually resetting date/time in bios

You need a new CMOS battery. It's a button battery in a slot on the board near the BIOS chip and the BIOS-clear jumper.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/continually-resetting-date-time-in-bios.978565/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi There! How would I reset BIOA admin user password.  cheersCCC I

A:Resetting BIOS password: EliteBook 8440p

Hi, Unfortunately,  business machines such as Probooks or Elitebooks have more stringent security than consumer models - they don't produce 'halt codes', the password cannot be derived from the Serial No. and the code is stored in non-volatile memory so removing the RTC cell will not reset the password in this case. If you Contact HP Business support they should be able to send you a customised SMC.bin file which you can use at boot to reset the password. Alternatively, see the reply by @REO51ST? on the following link. http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/HP-EliteBook-8440p-BIOS-password... Regards, DP-K

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Resetting-BIOS-password-EliteBook-8440p/td-p/5632244
Relevancy 52.46%

Right heres a very specific enquiry I have a Compaq Presario SR UK Im looking to upgrade the graphics to a BFG GTS OC MB or the mb First question is can my processor handle it Intel Pentium D I know i have to upgrade the ram so im purchasing GB of DDR RAM for about and im replacing the PSU probably with an OCZ Stealth W PSU Do that sound viable Ive only got bit windows so i know im loosing out on some ram but its a package deal lol I have tried reading into all the requirements for these upgrades such as power connectors from PSU to graphics card and motherboard and think i got a bit lost The BFG requires v of something which the OCZ provides along with more than enough power w required for BFG plus both the motherboard and the PSU are PCI express compatible And i have an extra slot to accommodate the doubledecked size of the BFG In terms of the Compaq Presario Upgrading my required power connectors i Upgrading my Compaq Presario was a bit lost The OCZ said it has a PCI express pin which is what the BFG requires but Upgrading my Compaq Presario can somebody shed some light on this But im really just concerned that it was going to fit and work These purchases come to around about so dont want to be thinking for another squid i could have just bought a XBox lol Basically Im asking advise on the above upgrade decisions and any tips anyone has on installing these Any help would be appreciated im sick of only being able to run pre- games on a pc bought in I was pretty suckered in when i bought it pc world claiming it had mb graphics only to find it meant dedicated and on a guff card aswell oh such a foolish lad in my youth nbsp

Relevancy 52.46%

Hi Pals, I wanted to find out if my laptopn can be upgraded on memory.  Its Compaq 6710b and has 2GB RAM.  I wanted to add 2 GB more, if YES how do I confirm. Please reply.  ThanksTTGMAN

A:Upgrading RAM on Compaq 6710b

sshivayo,The 6710b has the following memory specs:DDR2 SDRAM, 667-MHz, two slots supporting dual channel memory, 512/1024/2048-MB SODIMMs, up to 4096-MB total.-wes

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Upgrading-RAM-on-Compaq-6710b/td-p/273834
Relevancy 52.46%

I am basiclly teaching myself how to work on computers and I am stuck, I have a compaq 5001r that i use mostley for games but it is also the one i am tweeking with, the mother board is a O6E-4h with an AMD spitfire (Duron) processor, OLD GAMES, I have seen a lot of processores but some have diffrent voltages and such with the same A socket 462, I am looking to upgrade to at least a ghz or more but I am confused how do I select the right processor, how do I know it will work and what do I have to do once installed,

Thanks

A:Upgrading CPU in compaq 5001r

Your ability to upgrade will depend on your motherboard's BIOS (what processor will it recognise) and the how high its Front Side Bus will go.

I did a little research and it looks like your going to be stuck with a 200MHz FSB which will severly limit your processor choices. I think you could get up to an Athlon 1600+ if your motherboard supports the processor in its BIOS.

My meager reference material.

1600+ with 200MHz FSB on EBay in England.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrading-cpu-in-compaq-5001r.104030/
Relevancy 52.46%

I have a compaq presario and that is in serious need of a new processer. The one I currently have is a cyrix M II-366 at 250mhz. I origenally had plans to overclock it but I feel it would be best to leave it be and buy a new processer. what I wanted to know is would I have to buy a new motherboard inorder to upgrade it to 1gig? By the way, you would'nt happen to know why it says 366 and runs at 250. All your help is greatly appreciated.

A:upgrading compaq presario

Look in your manual. Compaq has the upgrade path documented very well in it. I really doubt your FSB is at 250MHz tho

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/upgrading-compaq-presario.61002/
Relevancy 52.46%

I have a Compaq computer, which originally had 64 MB of SDRAM. I recently bought 512 MB SDRAM. I try to install it, and - the monitor won't do anything. It will work if the old chip is still in place, though. However, the system won't register the 512MB chip either way. This was a major upgrade for me, and I need this to work. I need your help, and would appreciate any given.

Relevancy 52.03%

Hello,
I have a problem. I get a Toshiba Tecra M7 with fingerprint system. But it does not read my fingerprint anymore. I dont set an Password, but my notebook ask me at a password.

I tried Masterkeys, but they dont work. I read that I can make a DB25 dongle. but I have no Port.

I know, that on Dell Notebooks it works, if the EEPROM chip is short pin 6 or 7 with ground.

Do this work on my notebook too. HAVE I an eeprom chip?

Please help me. I dont know what todo.

thanks

A:Toshiba TECRA BIOS Password resetting deleting

Nobody who can HELP me???

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-tecra-bios-password-resetting-deleting.68223/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi,

I bought Windows 7 having come from Vista. However, there is a BIOS update for my system. The new BIOS update states: The BIOS updates the fan control algorithm of the system, and turns the fan on at low volume while your notebook PC is operational. If you are currently experiencing any symptoms on your notebook PC, please contact HP for support. It is located here: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...340180&lang=en

I'd love to flash it but not sure if it will ruin my computer as it's more than likely not designed for flash when Windows 7 is on it or do you's know any better?

I also have 2 blue vertical lines going do the right hand side of the screen. I've seen loads of problems but no solutions. Has any fixed this HP problem?

Cheers folks!

A:Upgrading BIOS after Upgrading from Vista to 7

The BIOS is the stuff that happens BEFORE Windows starts to load.
Do you have issues with overheating or with the fan? If so, the BIOS update is for you.
Also, BIOS flashes are dangerous - and you can turn your computer into a paperweight by doing it incorrectly. In short, if it ain't broke - don't fix it!

The type of lines that you describe on your screen are usually caused by hardware issues. Send it in for repair if the system is under warranty. If not, then get an estimate from a local computer store - it may be cheaper to live with it.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/upgrading-bios-after-upgrading-from-vista-to-7-a-451070.html
Relevancy 52.03%

...hopefully.

I'm trying to install Windows 2000 Professional on my Compaq Presario 1275 notebook, but Setup hangs at the text screen "Setup is starting Windows 2000."

I contacted HP and they basically said "Your computer was made for Windows 98" and "screw you." I've tried disabling USB and API support and specifying a different HAL, as suggested by Microsoft, but nothing's worked yet.

Also, there's no usable floppy drive, so that's something fun to work around.

A:Upgrading Compaq notebook to Win2k

Can you try doing a clean install by booting to the CD?? Upgrades from 98 to 2000 cause a TON of problems anyway.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/upgrading-compaq-notebook-to-win2k.268971/
Relevancy 52.03%

I was wanting to know if it s possible to compaq the my processor upgrading desktop in upgrade the processor in upgrading the processor in my compaq desktop my HP Compaq Presario SR F with a processor from another computer The processor in my Compaq is an Intel Pentium Processor E The processor I want to replace it with is an Intel Core Quad Processor Q I checked which sockets each processor supported and they both support the LGA type socket Both processors also run at a voltage of V- V So would it be possible to just replace them Here s the web pages for each processor s specs Intel Pentium Processor E - http ark intel com Product aspx id Intel Core Quad Processor Q - http ark intel com Product aspx id Additional information I have a windows operating system MB of RAM GB Hard Drive and an Intel graphics media accelerator If there s anything else you need to know upgrading the processor in my compaq desktop please ask I would love to get this figured out as soon as possible Thank you for your time nbsp

A:upgrading the processor in my compaq desktop

Processor upgrade options are listed here:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...loc:2&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=3644734#N210

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/upgrading-the-processor-in-my-compaq-desktop.1007365/
Relevancy 52.03%

Back in Compaq Upgrading 4551 Old Presario Help or for Christmas I got a shiny new Compaq Presario I guess it was pretty decent for light gaming back then but I m long overdue for an upgrade It came with an AMD K - mhz processor It has onboard MB of video RAM and an SiS video chipset which is my PC s most major drawback Correct me if I m wrong but I think this is either going to make me have to Help Upgrading Old Compaq Presario 4551 replace the whole motherboard just to get a new video card or force me into some really tricky situation involving adding another more modern video card I have sticks of RAM right now totalling MB and hard drives a GB Quantam Fireball IDE and a GB Western Digital SATA attatched to a PCI controller The only other upgrades I ve made is a new monitor and a DVD burner which failed after weeks with very light use Here is a detailed list of my PC s specs I can t play any modern PC games and I m stuck in the Pentium II era I m able to run things like Half-Life the original Unreal Tournament with medium detail settings in x resolution Metal Gear Solid Quake II and SimCity A few things I ve tried to play and can t without horrible slowness are Starsiege Tribes System Shock The Sims and generally any game that isn t made to run in x I definitely want to upgrade my processor and video card more than anything I m pretty much happy with the rest of my system I have no idea where to start though and if I ever buy any new hardware I m doubtful that I ll be able to install it on my own Basically to start with I need some reccommendations that would work with my system and allow me to play more modern games cheaply The link I gave earlier has information on my motherboad I don t know how to tell what s combatiable with it or not I d really really appreciate any help I can get Thanks nbsp

A:Help Upgrading Old Compaq Presario 4551

You would be better off building a whole new system or buying a new system outright. Your money would be better spent, and you would be much happier in the long run

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-upgrading-old-compaq-presario-4551.74735/
Relevancy 52.03%

I am wondering what i need to upgrade in order to run Empire Total War as currently it starts to load and stops at around Would also like to know the cheapest graphics card I can get for my computer Minimum to run upgrading presario Compaq ETW SR1000 specs for ETW Ghz single core processor MB Gfx card DX compaitble GB RAM For XP Compaq presario SR1000 upgrading to run ETW GB if using Vista ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report Machine name PIXEH Operating System Windows XP Home Edition Build Service Pack xpsp sp gdr - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer Compaq Presario System Model EK AA-ABU SR UK GB BIOS Compaq presario SR1000 upgrading to run ETW Phoenix - Award BIOS v PG Processor AMD Athlon tm Processor MMX DNow GHz Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C WINDOWS DirectX Version DirectX c DX Setup Parameters Not found DxDiag Version bit Unicode ------------ DxDiag Notes ------------ DirectX Files Tab No problems found Display Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Music Tab No problems found Input Tab No problems found Network Tab No problems found -------------------- DirectX Debug Levels -------------------- Direct D n a DirectDraw retail DirectInput n a DirectMusic n a DirectPlay retail DirectSound retail DirectShow retail --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name ATI RADEON XPRESS Series Manufacturer ATI Technologies Inc Chip type ATI RADEON XPRESS Series x DAC type Internal DAC MHz Device Key Enum PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS A C amp REV Display Memory MB Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor Plug and Play Monitor Monitor Max Res Driver Name ati dvag dll Driver Version English DDI Version or higher Driver Attributes Final Retail Driver Date Size bytes WHQL Logo d Yes WHQL Date Stamp n a VDD n a Mini VDD ati mtag sys Mini VDD Date bytes Device Identifier D B EE - A - CF- A- E AA C CB Vendor ID x Device ID x SubSys ID x A C Revision ID x Revision ID x Video Accel ModeMPEG C ModeMPEG D Deinterlace Caps E FF-B - B-BCF -BCB E F Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch C DAD-CCBC- B- C - CF F A Format In Out NV x e Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive E FF-B - B-BCF -BCB E F Format In Out NV x e Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out NV x e Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch Registry OK DDraw Status Enabled D D Status Enabled AGP Status Enabled DDraw Test Result Not run D D Test Result Not run D D Test Result Not run D D Test Result Not run ------------- Sound Devices ------------- Description Realtek AC Audio Default Sound Playback Yes Default Voice Playback Yes Hardware ID PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS A C amp REV Manufacturer ID Product ID Type WDM Driver Name ALCXWDM SYS Driver Version English Driver Attributes Final Retail WHQL Logo d Yes Date and Size bytes Other Files Driver Provider Realtek Semiconductor Corp HW Accel Level Full Cap Flags xF F Min Max Sample Rate Static Strm HW Mix Bufs Static Strm HW D Bufs HW Memory Voice Management No EAX tm Listen Src Yes Yes I DL tm Listen Src Yes Yes Sensaura tm ZoomFX tm No Registry OK Sound Test Result Not run --------------------- Sound Capture Devices --------------------- Description Realtek AC Audio Default Sound Capture Yes Default Voice Capture Yes Driver Name ALCXWDM SYS Driver Version English Driver Attributes Final Retail Date and Size bytes Cap Flags x Format Flags xFFF ----------- DirectMusic ----------- D... Read more

A:Compaq presario SR1000 upgrading to run ETW

Holy crap, I'm not reading all that! Anyway, it looks like your going to either have to overclock or get a new pc. Your CPU is to low and the minimum for this game really means MINIMUM!
Sorry
James

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/compaq-presario-sr1000-upgrading-to-run-etw.809144/
Relevancy 52.03%

I don't know anything about computers and I am looking into buying an older compaq computer that has a pentium 2 processor now. I wanted to upgrade the processor to a pentium 4, but was told by a technician at a local computer store that it would be necessary to buy a new motherboard also. He priced these two items at about $180.00. I was just curious if it was necessary to upgrade the motherboard if a person wanted to upgrade the processor and how much I should expect to pay for the upgrade. Or should I just break down and buy a new computer? Thanks.

Relevancy 52.03%

It seems my pre-2013 model Compaq notebook requires upgraded drivers to be compatible with Win 10. Does anyone know which drivers are  correct?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Upgrading-pre-2013-model-HP-Compaq-to-Win-10/td-p/5651993
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi there, Im looking to upgrade my (HP) Compaq Presario CQ3430AN,Im planning to Upgrade the Power supply to an EVGA 550w GS 80+ power supply and then sticking a Zotac gtx 750 Ti in there, but i read on other forums that HP and such lock their BIOS so that you cant upgrade your systems? is this true? im really looking forward to upgrading and im just asking to make sure about this. Thanks in advance

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Upgrading-Compaq-Presario-CQ3430AN/td-p/5610792
Relevancy 52.03%

Currently im wielding a Compaq Presario SR UK and I desperately need a graphics upgrade Unfortunately I need to upgrade everything else aswell to get a decent card So my plans are upgrading the ram to GB and getting a new PSU Im Presario my Advice on Compaq upgrading all fine with the ram upgrades but what I want to know is what PSUs would be ideal for my older system and would still be good enough to run a BFG GTS OC mb I know the wattage requirements for that particular card is w i believe but a friend of mine said thats just the card so i need Advice on upgrading my Compaq Presario to make sure theres enough to run the other components of my pc Is there such thing as too much power Im looking at w for around that Advice on upgrading my Compaq Presario sound about right Also Im a bit lost when it comes to this ATX compatibility etc with PSUs are most pretty generic and the chances Advice on upgrading my Compaq Presario are it will fit ok into my system Most websites that give full details about my actual model are great for specs except when it comes to PSU compatibilty Any general upgrade advice regarding my particular pc model would be a tremendous help so it would be much appreciated camy nbsp

A:Advice on upgrading my Compaq Presario

OCZ StealthXtream 600W is good, it should be around 60 .
The recommended power is actually for the whole system, not just the card, but it's always better to have a little extra, if for nothing else then for not to load the PSU at 100% (will last longer).
ATX is ATX, pretty much so. Some high wattage+high quality units are ATX 2.7 or 2.9 or whatever (basically just longer than 2.2, the today standard)

Anyways, on a budget, go for Radeon HD 4670 instead, it should be faster than the crippled version of 8800 GT, cheaper too, and you can get an IceQ cooled version to kick all the heat the card generates straight out of the case... I'll give you a link pair that I like to hand out for mid-range gaming graphics upgrade: http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-103-HT&groupid=701&catid=56&subcat=1274 and... hey, wait what? PC Power & Cooling Silencer 500 W is not there anymore? well, let's get OCZ STX 600 W then... http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CA-023-OC&groupid=701&catid=123&subcat=1098

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/advice-on-upgrading-my-compaq-presario.795228/
Relevancy 52.03%

It seems my pre-2013 model Compaq notebook requires upgraded drivers to be compatible with Win 10. Does anyone know which drivers are  correct?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Upgrading-pre-2013-model-HP-Compaq-to-Win-10/td-p/5651993
Relevancy 51.17%

Looking to upgrade the processor on

COMPAQ PRESARIO SR5110NX

Currently has AMD ATHLON 64, 2.4 GH, SOCKET AM2
Trying to increase the speed,..I have the memory maxed out. Would one of these be compatable?

AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ Socket AM2 2x1MB Level 2 cache size ADA6000IAA6CZ

AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000 3.0GHz 2MB socket AM2 89W ADA6000IAA6CZ

AMD CPU Athlon 64 X2 6000+/3.0GHz/2M/AM2 940pin ADX6000IAA6CZ Dual core
COMPAQ says it can accept 64 X 2 Dual core up to 65 watts? DO these look workable, any other more realistic/cheaper approach on this upgrade...point the way.....what's a good way to go...

Relevancy 51.17%

Hello folks my son inherited a Compaq Presario SR5210NX desktop which has basic came with it hardware. I want to upgrade his machine upgrade his memory add a graphics card and if possible add a better CPU . My question is since the mother board is generic I can not get any more specs except that the CPU slot is a socket 775 series socket for this machine. Which would be best CPU for his system and would not melt down his system ill post link to the site that had the best info below.

Compac Presario SR5210NX

Well I found motherboard specs but it has a few different CPU that can be used the question now is which would be the better one for gaming?

Mother Board Specs

Relevancy 51.17%

Hi all. My Compaq's original 20GB hard drive bit the dust awhile back, and I want to install a new one. (I don't have the recovery disks, but expect to buy a new XP OS anyway.)

Is there a simple place where I can find out what drives are compatible, and what the maximum capacity is that i can install? The HP support website recommends an IDE drive first, then E-IDE, then ATA, but that's as far as it goes...

Thanks -

A:Upgrading Compaq 5BW160 hard drive

First, given the size of the resident drive, make sure your system has enough juice to run XP happily, i.e. 512MGs of ram....minimum.

Next, Google your mobo; U may get some specific info on how large an IDE drive it can support and if there are any bios flashes to support more.

U could also email the Mfg and they might well give you this info based on yr individual system.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/upgrading-compaq-5bw160-hard-drive.662606/
Relevancy 51.17%

I have a Compaq Presario SR5413WM which according to HP I can upgrade the processor. I upgraded the RAM a couple of years ago, and the machine runs fine, but was curious to know if it was worth upgrading the processor.

My current processor is AMD Athlon LE-1640

Operating speed: Up to 2.7 GHz
Number of cores: 1
Socket: AM2
Bus speed: 2000 MT/s

according to HP I can upgrade it to
Socket type: AM2
Motherboard supports the following processor upgrades:

Athlon 64 up to 3800+
Athlon 64 X2 with Dual Core technology up to 4800+ (up to 65 watt TDP)
Sempron - All

I have copied this info from HP's website, and it really doesn't mean much to me, but was hoping that you guys could help!

A:Upgrading processor in a Compaq Presario SR5413WM

I would think that the difference is negligible depending on what you use the computer for.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrading-processor-in-a-compaq-presario-sr5413wm.178066/
Relevancy 51.17%

Can I upgrade my RAM and GPU for this system ? Is there any limit to the upgrade ( Maximum ) that my desktop pc can support? If so what would be correct product to buy? Thank you, Ar.Jerome Benhur

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Upgrading-CPU-amp-GPU-in-my-COMPAQ-PRESARIO-CQ3559IN-desktop/td-p/5677296
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi. I am using a Compaq SR5113WM. I just removed my edition of Vista and replaced it with XP SP3 so as to use less memory, and I just started playing WoW. I'm buying 4 more Gigs of RAM, and I'm wondering if I should also add on a graphics card. I don't know much about graphics and processors, etc. Any advice or recommendations would be appreciated. I know it'll play WoW as is, but it plays choppily unless I use the lowest graphics settings. I'd also like to get it up to maybe Oblivion proportions. Sorry for my vagueness. Thanks.

A:Upgrading my RAM on Compaq SR5113WM. Thinking graphics

"Integrated graphics using nVidia GeForce 6150SE" This is the on-board graphics chip. Your power supply is only 250 watts. This will severely limit any graphics card addition, so plan on changing the power supply if you add a video card. A power supply of 350 watts or bigger will work. Windows XP 32-bit will only support or see 3GB or so of system memory

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrading-my-ram-on-compaq-sr5113wm-thinking-graphics.158466/
Relevancy 51.17%

I have a compaq presario 5000, it has 64k memory in it right now, i checked my model number and all that at crucial.com, it says i have 3 banks of 1, so does that mean i can add one stick of 256 to the 64 in it now, or do i have to add it in pairs or do i have to remove the stick of 64 to add the stick of 256?
thanks!

Relevancy 51.17%

Yeah Upgrading to Xp Vista Sucks Hey guys this is the issue I just bought a Compaq CQ - NR it comes with Vista Home Pre but as I do not like the OS I did some research and found all the drivers that would be required for the XP OS But here is the Problem I cannot install XP on this Laptop The first issue was the SATA drivers found some information on the HP Help Forums and slip CQ70-127N Compaq on XP Upgrading Vista to streamed the SATA drivers into the Installation Disk The Original XP Disk was SP but I have slipstreamed SP in it a Upgrading Vista to XP on Compaq CQ70-127N long time back so I used this Installation Disk with the SATA driver for the Installation The Install starts OK First It copies the Upgrading Vista to XP on Compaq CQ70-127N initial drivers to the HD then checks the HD and then copies Installation files to the disk It formatted the HD in the first go after coping the files it goes for a reboot Everything normal till now BUT here is what happens next On Reboot it gives the Prompt quot Press any Ket to boot from the CD quot and just hangs there upset The Installation of XP does not proceed further from this point -dontkno Anyone out there anyone of the XP Guru s please help Details of the Laptop Compaq Presario CQ - NR quot Widescreen Intel Pentium Dual-Core T GHz GB HD GB DDR RAM HDMI output I would really appreciate any help on this issue nbsp

Relevancy 51.17%

I bought this laptop which has AMD Turion processor and it comes with 512 mb RAM and Windows Vista OS. Wanted to upgrade the RAM and tried adding Kingston 1gb stick.
After installing the RAM and rebooting, i opened the windows explorer, I see that the window closing button (in red color) gets distorted. If i take the mouse over that button, the red color spills out of the boundary of that button. Generally some icons gets distorted.

If this is the problem with RAM what RAM can i use (Am planning to try using Transcend RAM also).
Or is it the problem with the operating system ?
Is it a good idea to continue using this RAM if the display issue is acceptable ?

thanks
Indra

A:Compaq presario - Windows vista - upgrading the RAM

It is kind of in the air. Could be the memory, you might want to check and make sure that it is the same speed ect. Or it could be vista. I personally wont buy vista for a couple more months, let them work the bugs out and make more compatible drivers for all my devices. That n it might get cheaper.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/compaq-presario-windows-vista-upgrading-the-ram.71598/
Relevancy 51.17%

I'm trying to upgrade the memory on a presario 7360, but the memory cards are blocked by the hard drive and the cd rom. The question is how do I remove the screws from the other side of the hard drive and cd rom to move them out of the way so that I can remove the memory cards. Thanks

A:Upgrading memory on compaq presario 7360

I am not familiar with the innards of one of these but it is common to have the drives on a subframe which comes out as 1 piece.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrading-memory-on-compaq-presario-7360.91380/
Relevancy 51.17%

Am in a corporate body as their I.T officer. I just got employed and I have assessed their computers n the largest memory is 2 Gb. I HV recommended that they should but new machines but want to know if I can upgrade dem pls.

A:advice on upgrading HP Compaq dc7800 convertible to i3, i55

Hi: You can't install any Intel core processor in the dc7800. Below is the link to the quickspecs for the dc7800.  The supported processors are listed on page 9. http://www.nordykassociates.com/pdf/dc7800%20QuickSpecs.pdf They can be upgraded to 8 GB of memory (PC2-6400) if you are running 64 bit operating systems on them. They also can run Windows 10 as I have a dc7800 CMT with 8 GB of memory, and an E8300 processor. I have the AMD Radeon HD 6570 graphics adapter in mine.  Works fine.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/advice-on-upgrading-HP-Compaq-dc7800-convertible-to-i3-i55/td-p/5841398
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi all I didn t really know how to do a search for my question but I have a question about upgrading memory from gb to gb Currently I m using a Compaq D s and based on this HP website http h www hp com products quickspecs div div HTML Memory They re saying if I want to upgrade my ram to gb I should use the recommended quot -GB DDR Synch Dram PC -MHz Non ECC x quot Aren t these still pretty expensive Like more than I found this on newegg and its only http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Wil this fit Or it wont because its simply DDR WHen I did a search for regular DDR the prices seem to be about what gives What Memory- (Compaq for DDR? D51S) Upgrading Expensive alternatives do I have to buy it cheaper My gb is slow as hell right now Also if its recommended to use PC can I use one thats PC Will it burn crash Thanks for your help nbsp

Relevancy 50.74%

I have a Geforce 8400 in my Compaq Presario SR5450F, but I'm a gamer of sorts and this video card doesn't work with a lot of the games I want to play. I was looking at the Geforce 9500, but it requires 350W and the power supply in my computer is only 250W. Is there any graphics card that will work in my computer for games such as The Sims 3 and Starcraft II? Could I get a new power supply that will support the Geforce 9500 AND fit in my computer? I was planning on getting the parts from Newegg.com if they'll even work. Thanks very much in advance for an input!

A:Upgrading a Compaq Presario SR5450F graphics card

The thing with companies like HP, Dell, etc. is their cases are designed so that they try to force the buyer to go through them for upgrades costing considerably more $.

Measure your power supply's dimensions and we'll take it from there. Also, make sure your motherboard can handle an upgrade to this card.

Can you link us to your system?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrading-a-compaq-presario-sr5450f-graphics-card.168944/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello,I am using HP Compaq dx7500 Microtower Pc for last 6 years without any major hiccup, Now I want to upgrade my pc by adding a dedicated Graphics Card. But I don't know which one is best suitable for my pc. I don't want to upgrade my power supply. My requirement is also very basic graphical job with autocad, Solidworks, Adobe PS, Ai etcCurrently i have 2 gb ddr2 ram which was installed in my pc as i bought it.I Need help from you guys, Thanks In Advance 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Upgrading-Hp-Compaq-dx-7500-with-a-dedicated-graphics-card/td-p/5594577
Relevancy 50.74%

Model: HP Compaq Pro 6300 All-in-One Desktop PC Series/ Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-3220 CPU @3.30GHz, 3300MHz, 2 Core(s), 4 logical processor(s) / Intel(R) HD Graphics Hi, i just had a question regarding the Integrated Intel Graphics card and if it was possible to upgrade to a better Graphics card by purchasing a new card. Reason, due to it not being able to run games smoothly (bad fps). I have limited knowledge on this, and wanted to know how to go about this i.e is it possible to remove an integrated graphics card in the first place and replace it with an improved Graphics card? or is there another way of changing graphics card? If so what cards would be compatible with this computer. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/Upgrading-Advice-on-Graphics-Card-HP-Compaq-Pro-6300/td-p/5590518
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi, I'm new thank you. I have two question if it's possible. I have a Compaq desk pro and I can't get the case off. It has two buttons on the side I thought it would open by pushing them in , but nothing. 2nd question. I picked up some Boston digital BA735 speakers connected them to my computer they are not working. My sound-card is analog does this have anything to do with it. Someone told me I need a digital card. What do you recommend.

Relevancy 50.74%

I would like to upgrade my Compaq Presario 2286 by increasing memory from 96 RAM to 256 RAM...and also to increase the clock speed as high as my computer will permit. I believe the max speed it will take and operate properly is 1.08 -- but wonder if I can go higher. Also, would like to know what processors and memories are compatible with my model. Any particular recommendations?

Relevancy 50.31%

Hey I really want to start playing Age of Conan but my computer is not up to par. I upgraded the video card, but I need to get memory and a new processor. I was wondering if anyone has any advice on hardware that will run this game nicely, but not break the bank too much. Thanks!

These are my specs:

System Manufacturer: Compaq-Presario
System Model: GX617AA-ABA SR5310F
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU E2140 @ 1.60GHz (2 CPUs), ~1.6GHz
Memory: 1022MB RAM
Page File: 1199MB used, 1109MB available
DirectX Version: DirectX 10

A:I want to play Age Of Conan on my Compaq Presario SR5310F, Need Advice upgrading.

Wel, first and foremost, check the games system recommendations (which I am sure you have). Your processor speed should be suffecient but if you are looking to upgrade make sure it can handle it. There are programs that will run a diagnostic and give you upgradability information like SandraLite, even hijackthis. The same goes for RAM, it will operate at the slowest speed of one of your sticks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-want-to-play-age-of-conan-on-my-compaq-presario-sr5310f-need-advice-upgrading.727424/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hello,   I have two questions that perhaps somebody might help me with regarding the HP Compaq 7600 Ultra Slim (Base) computer. Quesition 1: The motherboard has three memory slots instead of 4, does this mean that the memory can be only upgraded to 3 gig s? I currentlly have three 512  memory chips for total of 1.5 Gig, but I would like to upgrade to the maximun which I believe is 4 gig. (I had tried using two 1 gig  chips and 512, but they did not work because the 1 gig were 6400's.) Question 2: I tried various ways to install a PCI-E video card but I do see how it will fit. The back panel had a scsi interface inside a PCI riser card. I removed the SCSI card, but no matter how I tried I do not see how the card will fit. Doesn't any body have picture as to how it must be inserted ? Thank you

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Upgrading-memory-and-Video-on-an-HP-Compaq-7600-Ultra-Slim/td-p/5717831
Relevancy 49.02%

I have a Compaq Persario 4712 and am replacing the harddrive with a 18 G that was used in my other computer that died.

The computer sees it as a type 65 but I can't get into the bios with the F10 key.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

A:Compaq bios can't get in

You might give this Page a read.

And this site has the Solution

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/compaq-bios-cant-get-in.68070/
Relevancy 49.02%

How do you get into bios on a compaq amada 1592?

everything says use f10 but cant eget int bios

Relevancy 49.02%

Can someone please tell me how to access the BIOS setup on Compaq computers. I have a compaq presario 5441 but when the computer dtarts up, nothing comes up like press DEL or F1 to setup. Please help because I think I can solve my CDRW problem here. Thanks.

Relevancy 48.59%

Hi guys,does anyone know how can i get the bios for this motherboard on the file specs?i tried to find it, but i do not know how to find it,because is a little older,from 2002 and still working but i really need to update this bios urgently,if someone know how and where can i get it, i'll appreciate it,the bios as an name i can't find it anywhere,thanks to all in advance.this i need for windows 7 or xp.
The file motherboard specs here:compaq.pdf

A:Compaq bios motherboard

Try here:

HP United States - Computers, Laptops, Servers, Printers and more

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/67330-compaq-bios-motherboard.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I ve recently upgrade my graphics card on my Compaq and I think my watt power supply may be struggling I haven t upgraded it yet and I was trying to refrain from doing that which is why I purchased the ATI hd gb Gddr It seems to be the best bang for your buck as far as cards that really don t need a upgraded power supply at least from what I ve been reading I was trying to adjust my power settings but I just can t seem to find the option to get into the bios F is for system restore F is boot menu and ESC is settings I went to ESC to check the settings but there isn t anywhere to adjust bios in there I tried all the other F keys with no luck I know I could probably go to a HP compaq support forum but I figured since I m up here a lot of HP/Compaq? BIOS how know a enter the to Anyone and there are a lot of PC gamers up here also I could ask I have upgraded the computer to the max RAM that it supports which is gb spd and it does have a AThlon dual core processor so while it isn t a monster gaming PC by no means I think it would be a decent mid-range one Any thoughts on how to adjust power settings in Anyone know how to enter the BIOS of a HP/Compaq? bios I have the Ati Catalyst Control Center but there isn t anything in there to adjust power settings or devert voltage for the card I tried MSI after burner but the voltage set up is locked I ve read that ATI cards lock their voltage settings is this true Thanks for any input I m usually a console gamer but I m trying to enter the PC gaming market Yeah I know I could buy a better PC it s just that I ve already had this one so I figured what the h ll nbsp

A:Anyone know how to enter the BIOS of a HP/Compaq?

I haven't looked up the power requirements for a 6670 but I think I can safely say you'll need a new power supply, preferably a reliable brand. If you still wanna get into the bios you could try the "delete" key.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/anyone-know-how-to-enter-the-bios-of-a-hp-compaq.177320/
Relevancy 48.59%

Is there a way to change the bios...the one I currently have does not give option to change FSB or multiplier...or if possible; install a bios that supports these options.

A:Bios no good in Compaq, help

Yes, you can update the bios, following your manufacture (Hp/Compaq) specifications

Actually have a look at this post: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic100655.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bios-no-good-in-compaq-help.105215/
Relevancy 48.59%

I've just wondering what's the latest BIOS update for Compaq Presario 5129EA model. I know that Compaq sucks, but it would be nice if there's a newer BIOS update than a version of year 2002. -> http://www.cdrom-drivers.com/drivers/112/112363.htm

A:Compaq BIOS update?

Is there a particular reason why you would need an update?

If that Presario has a generic ATX motherboard instead of a Compaq proprietary solution then you could look in the real manufacturer's website for a BIOS with possibly more features.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/compaq-bios-update.27140/
Relevancy 48.59%

I have a Compaq preserio 6000 running XP must be 10 years old and i have just brought a wireless keyboard(usb not ps2) and now it will not recognise it i get the error 304 until i plug in the old keyboard,i was told i need to alter the setting in the bios to enable the usb for keyboard and was shown how to do it on a lappy now when i press f10 i can get into the bios (f10=setup) but i can't find a keyboard setting can anybody help or have i got to have the old keyboard plugged in all the time

http://www.pchelpforum.com/software-support/129845-compaq-6000-bios-help.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi i have a Compaq Deskpro Computer Pentium 166 which is running windows 95b how do i get into the bios ,i would like to use a bigger hard drive but don't know how to set it up on this computer On my other computer a Bull i press F8 to get into bios but it does'nt seem to work on the Compaq

A:Compaq Deskpro bios

On the compaq I believe you press F10.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/compaq-deskpro-bios.220619/
Relevancy 48.59%

How do I enter into my BIOS? I have a Compaq 1260. Thanks
Shaun

A:Laptop BIOS on a Compaq

at the compaq screen press F10.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-bios-on-a-compaq.32893/
Relevancy 48.59%

I have been learning all I can about tweaking BIOS settings (overclocking, etc.) only to find out that Compaq allows verrrry limited access to the BIOs. I am trying to tweak two different machines both Compaq and both AMD, a K6-2 and an Athlon. Any suggestions on how to get into some action here, people?

A:compaq BIOS debacle

Try to find out who has made the mobo, and if it corresponds to any other mobo that the manufacturer makes (i.e. Compaq only uses a special cut down BIOS).. If so, download a BIOS update from the mobo manufacturer, and install that...

NOTE!: By installing a different BIOS than the one which came with the board, you might end up with a dead mobo, in which case you'll have to call up Compaq and buy a new one (or find one somewhere else)... You also void your warranty doing this...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/compaq-bios-debacle.1588/
Relevancy 48.59%

I have a HP compaq dx 2400 microtower with Win 7 ultimate on it.
Everytime I apply power to the machine it turns on. I want it true on only when the power
button is pushed.
I push the F10 key to get into bios setup as shown in the HP boot up menu. When I do that
I do not get into Bios. I get a windows 7 menu that shows some kind of boot edit.

How do I get into HP bios to make power startup changes?
Thank you,

A:Getting into HP compaq Bios Setup

Everytime I apply power to the machine it turns onClick to expand...

If you mean when you plug in the system it pw ON, that is either a pw supply failure or a mb failure OR [very] remote chance of a failed switch/wiring. Usually the switch does not fail however anything can break. To test, swap in a known good pw supply. Given the age of that system, it is not worth putting much money into repairing. If the pw supply fixes the problem, great. If not, it [your system] is not worth installing a new mb. With big box systems, you either purchase the board from the mfg [prohibitively expensive] OR you attempt to install a standard board into the hp case; sometimes that works and sometimes it does not. Big box systems are proprietary ie the case, board, etc are made to HPs specs NOT industry standard specs. In addition, if you install a different mb, you need a new copy of windows, you cannot use the oem version of windows.

One other item, win7 ultimate did not come on this system. It came with vista. How did win7 ultimate get installed?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/getting-into-hp-compaq-bios-setup.1161190/
Relevancy 48.59%

I have a compaq presario. The bios are poop. Does anyone know if there is a way to update the bios with areal manufacturer? Or am I stuck with compaq's bios? It would be really nice if there was a way to find out who makes the bios for them and update it. Any info would be great. Thank you in advance!

A:Compaq Presario Bios

You need to get the BIOS from Compaq. While the board maybe MADE by another company, who knows what slight changes to the specs were made.

When you do your next upgrade, build your own and get a real BIOS.

Like working on a NEW Dell PC, almost NO Options, no Temp monitors nothing.. junk... its a DELL!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/compaq-presario-bios.181542/
Relevancy 48.59%

I've got an old Compaq Presario, and I'd like to get into BIOS to check some settings. Unfortunately, on bootup this computer displays the compaq logo and then goes right into Win95. It doesn't even display any of the POST information. What is the procedure for getting into bios on one of these old computers?

A:[SOLVED] Getting into BIOS on an old Compaq

Try hitting the escape key to get rid of the logo

Compaq's use the following

Press F10 when square in top RH corner of screen= (Compaq).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-getting-into-bios-on-an-old-compaq.74567/
Relevancy 48.59%

How downgrade bios on Compaq 610? I have it bios ver. F.20 I want bios ver. f.08 !!! 

A:How downgrade bios on Compaq 610 ?

@R3port? Sorry but you can't. Version:F.20 (2 Dec 2011)Enhancements - Provides improved security for the BIOS flashing process. NOTE: After this BIOS update has been installed, prior BIOS versions cannot be installed.  REO

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/How-downgrade-bios-on-Compaq-610/td-p/5698935
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi, I am trying to change my HDD mode from IDE to AHCI. My laptop is a HP Compaq 6715b running Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit. The motherboard make is HP. I can get into the BIOS but it has hardly an options that I can see of use (Overclocking,Voltages HDD..) So I did some research about updating and flashing, So I went over to the HP website and downloaded a update, It says my BIOS cannot be updated from windows so I then tried to make a disk and that failed. I have tried and tried and am hoping one of you guys can help me out.
Basically I need a way to change my HDD to AHCI or unlock every setting on my BIOS or a way to get to this setting by any means possible.

If you need any more info on my system then feel free to ask.

Thanks Guys.

A:HP Compaq 6715b BIOS?

Enabling AHCI is nothing like overclocking a hard drive, which doesn't exist. AHCI under most circumstances gives little to no benefit to mechanical hard drives, in some cases it can actually perform worse especially if paired with certain AHCI drivers.

I'm surprised that its not in AHCI mode already, generally Windows Vista and 7 generation laptops ship with AHCI enabled by default.
Have you properly verified its not enabled?

Also take a look at this: http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsuppor...=3368540&prodTypeId=321957&objectID=c00758841
Use the same methods except instead of disabling AHCI, enable it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-compaq-6715b-bios.1054172/
Relevancy 48.16%

While cleaning out a closet, I came across my "first Windows PC" a Compaq CDS524. Fired it up and Win3.1 still runs !

Now, does anyone remember how to get into the BIOS to change settings ??!

A:Compaq CDS524 BIOS access

When the cursor jumps to the upper right corner of the Compaq Logo screen during boot-up, press F10

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/compaq-cds524-bios-access.428633/
Relevancy 48.16%

My notebook is locked because of a password on the bios. I just forgot my password, and I'm desperate.When I turn on the notebook, the following message appears: P0: HGST HTD5450 - Enter User Password.I try the 3 times, and appears: HDD is LOCKED!The notebook then restarts, and now the message that appears is: ENTER PASSWORD.I put the wrong password three times, and after the third time, is caught in the message: INVALID PASSWORD. Nothing more. I can not use all, or type. Only restarting.* Have I removed the lithium battery, and left for three days without .. no result* I have also removed the notebook battery (left without both) and also uneventfully.Please help me

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/BIOS-SETUP-PASSWORD-HP-COMPAQ-CQ-23/td-p/5834023