Windows Support Forum

Vista freezing and sound makes machine gun like noise

Q: Vista freezing and sound makes machine gun like noise

When watching movies on line or off line my pc starts to make a stuttering sound and freezes at first i thought it was to do with over heating so brought new processor and fan did a total reinstall but the problem persists, if anyone can help me with what i hope to be a really simple problem i'd be indebted. thank you. :grinthumb

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Vista freezing and sound makes machine gun like noise

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Vista freezing and sound makes machine gun like noise

Hi

we need some more information, such as PC specs, does it only do it on movies, it could be a simple thing like a missing or bad codec or a memory error.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/vista-freezing-and-sound-makes-machine-gun-like-noise.135923/
Relevancy 92.02%

My computer running windows xp 64bit has been freezing. When it freezes it plays the last half second of sound played over and over very quickly, sounds like a machine gun. It happens both when gaming and doing nothing. Usually it unfreezes after a few minutes, only to freeze again. After roughly 30-40 minutes of this, the freezing usually stops.

Sometimes it does not unfreeze, and I have to hardboot. Windows will freeze when booting several times, safemode freezes after loading SPTD.sys, even after hitting escape to cancel loading.

AVG free, Avast, Clamwin, and clamtk (scanning my windows partition from linux) all pick up no viruses.

This happens with both windows xp home, windows xp pro 32bit, and windows xp 64bit. Linux does not seem to have any problems.

I've tried updating all my drivers, fresh installs, everything I can think of.

Anyone have any ideas?

A:[SOLVED] Strange Freezing - Sound making machine gun noise

No, it isn't a virus. It could be (1) temperature or (2) voltage—among other things.

Do be sure to check your temperatures in the BIOS in any case, because you want to be sure you're okay there. If the temperature is 30? C or anything like that, you've ruled that out. It's in the BIOS under Health, and look at the CPU and the System temps.

If your voltage is, say, 0.1 too low for your needs, you could have trouble. Overclockers can often help "ordinary guys" tweak their voltage settings the way that is exactly right for your RAM.

Then there is the possibility that a drive is not doing things just right. It would not have to be the drive you are using. For example, a CD-RW that works just fine might nonetheless have an operational problem that upsets the system, especially if it were on the same cable as the hard drive. You might never to think of looking for a drive that isn't in use at the time. Therefore some people would try subtracting all the hardware you are not using, piece by piece, to see if it goes away.

There is also the question whether it happens in Safe Mode. If your drivers are okay, I would guess it DOES happen in Safe Mode. But because Safe Mode installs just what you really need, it can sometimes suggest a solution in a backwards-thinking kind of way.

Finally, you mention quite a few anti-virus/firewall programs there. You are running just ONE firewall and you are running just ONE anti-virus program, right? If you are running more than one, that would be your problem right there—they do NOT get along with one another scanning at the same time. (You can run as many anti-spyware apps as you wish).

Please report back, so others can see how you do on this. Good luck.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-strange-freezing-sound-making-machine-gun-noise-327660.html
Relevancy 77.83%

sound player makes scratchy noise.................... when I play any song on my pc it makes a horrible scratching sound.
I have tried both adding a soundblaster sound card and using the audio on the motherboard. also tried 2 sets of speakers. always makes the noise !

what gives?

john

A:sound player makes scratchy noise..........

I cannot speak on how to use P2P programs but i'm letting you know if the files you are using are downloaded mp3's they may be corrupt.
Other cause is your speaker wires may be too close to a power source. If the wire going from your computer to your speaker is touching the power cord or up against a power source sometimes you get interference. move the wires.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sound-player-makes-scratchy-noise.362011/
Relevancy 64.07%

I speakers hanging up coming noise strange and Programes from Vista freezing and think I m infected with something I have run multiple virus scans including Avast super antispyware malwarebytes spybot search and destroy and Avira as well as the avira rescuse disc Vista Programes hanging up and freezing and strange noise coming from speakers that boots linux Vista Programes hanging up and freezing and strange noise coming from speakers and scans the drive without starting windows They found some stuff but my problems just keep getting worse I also cant seem to find the log avira aid it saved for the boot disc scan My problem is that whenever I m doing something on say firefox is Vista Programes hanging up and freezing and strange noise coming from speakers a good example because I use it most frequently and it happened with firefox most fequently Anyway I ll be using firefox and all of a sudden in will stop working the window goes out of foucus in and amp quot not responding amp quot appears in the bar at the top It s seems to be happening more and more lately It happens with just about everything else too firefox is just the most frequent At these times the system does not appear to be under any strain the cpu usage does not spike or anything and there generally is not alot of hard drive activity either Also a strange noise comes from the speakers kinda like a creak or cracking I confirmed in the audio mixer menu the my computer is what is playing the sound it s not coming from just my speakers or at least I don t think it is In the audio mixer menus I saw the green bars that indicate sound go up when the sound was played it came from the speaker bar I muted windows sound in the menu to see if it would stop the sound but it didn t it came not from the windows sound but from the speaker sound that makes me think it was windows that played the sound and that it isn t just broken speakers anyway system specs I don t think I should be having trouble running firefox and a few other things and I didn t untill recently Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Gateway TBGM U B Antivirus avast Antivirus Updated and Enabled Hijack this log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAAnotif exe C Program Files x Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Program Files x Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files x Northstar SmartCopy SmartCopy exe C Program Files x Northstar SmartLauncher SmartLauncher exe C Program Files x Creative SB X-Fi MB Volume Panel VolPanlu exe C Windows CNYHKey exe C Program Files x CyberLink Power Go CLMLSvc exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast AvastUI exe C Program Files x Avira AntiVir Desktop avgnt exe C Windows ModLedKey exe C Windows MHotKey exe C Windows ChiFuncExt exe C Program Files x Siber Systems AI RoboForm RoboTaskBarIcon exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer IELowutil exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Windows SysWOW Macromed Flash FlashUtil g ActiveX exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files x ATLAS V ATLIECOM exe C Users Ryan Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http homepage gateway com rdr aspx b ACGW amp l amp s amp o vp amp d amp m fx R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http homepage gateway com rdr aspx b ACGW amp l amp s amp o vp amp d am... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-programes-hanging-up-and-freezing-and-strange-noise-coming-from-speakers.982180/
Relevancy 62.35%

Hello all This is the first issue freezing, Windows machine Vista can't find time I ve ever had to post on a tech forum to Windows Vista machine freezing, can't find issue assist me in an issue but I m at an absolute loss A friend of mine was having trouble with his Dell Inspiron informing me that every time he booted the machine normally it would freeze He s not exactly computer savvy so Windows Vista machine freezing, can't find issue the machine wound up in my care to be diagnosed and fixed I m only a computer programmer but I m not exactly a slouch Safe mode and safe mode with networking work perfectly Thinking the issue was just a plethora of viruses I downloaded SuperAntiSpyware and Windows Defender and began cleaning out around a dozen or so pieces of malware and spyware from my friend s computer I figured I had done my job and rebooted the computer normally No go--- the issue still remain unresolved I ll describe the problem in more detail I can get to the Windows Vista login screen just fine and I m even able to log in and get to the desktop for about a minute Then the machine locks to the point where I can only use the mouse and nothing else I was able to get both Task Manager and Process Explorer working and there is nothing taking up of the processing power before the machine locks up There was a svchost that took up - of the processing power but PE showed nothing abnormal with it and I ve even seen the computer freeze when that process was down to The physical memory seems a bit high at but nothing that should lock up the machine The lockup time is random--- sometimes it locks up very fast once I had it working for three or four minutes The System Event log is giving me issues--- it s displaying the message quot Event Viewer cannot open the event log or custom view verify that Event Log service is running The data is invalid quot while everything else is viewable After this post I plan on trying to solve that problem so I ll update with any information found I ve run memtest and the ram seems to be fine CPU stress test is fine as it should be since I m able to stay in Safe Mode over a day without any incident MagicPartition test gave the HD a passing grade but noted some bad sectors and some unreadable sectors I know most HDs have some bad sectors so I have no idea if this is normal or not I m leaning towards a hard drive problem because I can t honestly think of why the machine would freeze up without any process or service clogging up the CPU Still I m looking for any tips specifically on the software side for things I can try Almost forgot to add that only twice has the machine blue screened and it has given me the aggravatingly generic F error So I m definitely leaning to faulty HDD I m gonna begin to back things up but if anyone any any suggestions for me before I try and repair the partitions and perhaps even scrap the thing please send them over I m at a loss here especially since safe mode is so functional Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Windows Vista machine freezing, can't find issue

I'm pretty sure there is still some malware lurking on the computer which is causing the issue, since you say that it works just fine in safe mode.

Perhaps someone authorized to help with malware removal here can assist you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-vista-machine-freezing-cant-find-issue.1003279/
Relevancy 61.49%

My machine is Intel Celeron 2.4, Intel 845, 128 DDR RAM, Window XP Professional. I have recently installed windows. When I start the machine the CPU fan makes toooooooooooooooo............ much noise. After 5 minutes or so the noise starts reducing and gradually comes to normal. What is this??????? How do I solve this problem?

A:Cpu Fan Makes Noise

Try cleaning the fan with a soft paint brush (gently) and a can of air duster.
You may want to do this outside if there is a lot of dust
If it still makes a noise the bearings could be shot and you will need to replace the heatsink.
Post back if you need help replacing the heatsink

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cpu-fan-makes-noise.533012/
Relevancy 61.49%

hi , my cpu used to be quite . lately upon starting it , it makes a noise as if something is rotating inside. then after 2 minutes the noise disappears. what is wrong with my cpu ?

A:CPU makes noise

The CPU fan is wearing out. This is the fan that sits in the middle of the motherboard inside the computer... For infomation, your computer is the box, the CPU is a chip on the motherboard inside the box

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-makes-noise.116609/
Relevancy 61.49%

I recently replaced the HDD in my laptop with a SSD. I used a SanDisk Plus 250 GB. Since I installed it, my computer has started making a high pitched noise which I believe is coming from the SSD. I have checked other sites for answers to this, but most of the responses said that it wasn't the SSD that was making the noise. I am 95% sure that my SSD is making the noise because the noise is loudest where the hard drive sits in the laptop, and my laptop didn't make this noise when I had a regular HDD in it. Any suggestions?

http://www.pchelpforum.com/pc-hardware/128123-ssd-makes-noise.html
Relevancy 61.49%

I've been noticing that my laptop fan has been making a lot of noise at times, mostly while playing games on Facebook or watching videos on Youtube.

Last year my laptop had been heating up and shutting itself off and I opened it, cleaned it and applied thermal paste. I've done the same now because I thought that the fan needed cleaning again, but the problem persists.

Is there anything I can do?

Thanks.

A:Fan makes a lot of noise

I see you have a Core2 Duo with 2 GB RAM; that laptop might be 5 or more years old?

Fans fail, usually slowly, and get noisier as they do. Five plus years in a laptop environment is at least middle aged.

Have you shopped for a new replacement?

I've heard of lubricating fans, but that may not help and may be difficult in a laptop situation.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/331417-fan-makes-lot-noise.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi,

There is something wrong with my DVD-drive whenever I put a data CD it spins very fast and makes too much of noise while reading the data...

LG HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-H42N ATA Device

Regards

Hari Om

A:DVD makes noise...

Some drives will do that. With some drives it is the way it was made. Some of the problem could be the disc. Have you tried a different disc?

Also check the mounting of the drive in the case. It may be loose.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/319911-dvd-makes-noise.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Originally posted by Scott Andrew
I recently had to reinstall windows 95. Since then I have not been able to get my sound back. I have tried to reload the audio drivers, but still there is no sound. I have the ess1878 sound drivers.

When I try to get sound, I get the 'No active mixer installed' message. What can I do? Click to expand...

A:cd rom makes rattling noise

Hi raj_rajas2411, welcome to TSG.

I've split your posting into your own thread. It's always a good idea to open a new thread for your individual problem.

Will the cd drive read any cds at all? Or does it just make a bad noise?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-rom-makes-rattling-noise.69840/
Relevancy 61.06%

Okay, well One day I turned on my computer and my Hard Drive was making odd noises! HELLLPPPPPPPP!!!!!!

Relevancy 61.06%

Hi all - I'm at my wits end here I've god-awful Fan most seems... nothing makes - noise the had this Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga for about a year My friend had it for two years before giving it to me Fan makes the most god-awful noise - nothing seems... It's been a pleasant companion for the Fan makes the most god-awful noise - nothing seems... longest time but as of a few months ago the fan has been producing this nasty noise Fan makes the most god-awful noise - nothing seems... I find it hard to describe so I recorded a sample of it below nbsp http vocaroo com i s wX yB W jR nbsp I tried the first obvious solution cleaning the fan of dust While the laptop was due for a cleaning it didn't seem to affect it much I thought maybe something was physically stuck inside the fan piece but I can gently shake the laptop nothing The laptop itself seems to run fine when it's making this hideous sound it's a little warm at most and there's no lag with things like YouTube or using my art programs nbsp So it doesn't seem to be nbsp harming nbsp the laptop itself but it's hurting me I swear this thing has literally given me migraines just being on it I need this laptop for college work and my personal art work but I can't figure out any real solution to this other than taking it to the shop and hoping a new fan would solve the problem nbsp Has anyone else had this happen

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-S-Series-ThinkPad-Yoga/Fan-makes-the-most-god-awful-noise-nothing-seems-to-help-it/td-p/3480636
Relevancy 61.06%

So I installed a new core2duo cpu (E7200 Wolfdale 2.53Ghz) and now when I turn on my computer it just makes a long solid high-pitched noise. Please help!

Other Specs:

160g SATA HD
Nvidia 8800 GT
4g OZC Platinum RAM
ASUS P5K-E/WIFI-AP LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Motherboard

A:New CPU and now it makes loud noise

does this sound continue once u logged on to ur OS

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-cpu-and-now-it-makes-loud-noise.113337/
Relevancy 61.06%

hey guys got a problem with a dvd writer. it makes noise when i insert a phillips dvd. however if i insert a memorex dvd i have no problems at all. laptop is an asus u56e bal 7. if i need to change the drive how do i do it. it has a weird bevel like thing for it. where could i buy a new one. thanks in advance

A:dvd writer makes noise

bestracer500,
I've found that these DVD drives will make noise from time to time. I would suspect the media and not the drive as you say the Memorex media is quiet. If it turns out to be the drive they are very easy to change out and not very expensive. I would keep trying other media and maybe it's just having problems with Phillips media????

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/278987-dvd-writer-makes-noise.html
Relevancy 61.06%

My desktop computer sometimes makes a vry light grinding sound coming from one of the vents on the side. Even the slightest amount of pressure to that area sometimes I hear nothinng and at that time if I apply pressure then I hear it. Its all metal casing, And I keep it clean and way up off the ground. Could it be some type of echo or....

A:Computer makes noise

Hello Nate,

Does it sound like it may be a fan blade rubbing against something? I had that issue once with a LED light that got pushed a little to close to the fan blade while cleaning.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/231695-computer-makes-noise.html
Relevancy 61.06%

When I open internet explorer 7, A strange "blip" noise is made. Also sometimes when I visit web pages, I will still be issued the beeping noise? Why is this? What can I do to get rid of this noise?

Ralph

A:IE7 makes a strange noise

Welocome,

Try disabling your pop-up blocker and see

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ie7-makes-a-strange-noise.532231/
Relevancy 61.06%

I don't know how to really describe the noise but it's close to the sound of you stepping on the gas pedal of a car and the sound the car engine makes thereafter. It's like this: Vrooom . . . vroom . . . vroom then it would stop then it would start the vroom-like sound cycle again after a while. My PC also vibrates whenever it emits that sound. I don't know what is causing it. It gets annoying. What do you think?

Relevancy 61.06%

I hooked u my computer to a vcr My videocard has a svcd out I bought a converter that convert it in a rca plug and got a cable for my soundcard onboard that convert the mm to the red and white rca s Then ran a ft cable from my pc to my vcr Now here is the problem I get a continous makes noise to a VCR buzing Pc buzzing sound even when I am not using my soundcard It is not to loud but anoying This is all I tried so far Hooked sound up to a other computer soundcart not onboard still buzzing Hooked sound up a Pc to VCR makes a buzing noise portible cd player no buzzing Hooked up my computer to a different outlet still buzzing Unhooked everthing from my computer except power still buzzing Tried a different feet cable still buzzing Hooked it up straight to my tv still buzzing When my computer is hooked up to my normal speakers no buzzing When I hook up the sound to my line in or mic on my sound card still buzzing Because of this last thing I still think I have a bad ground on both my computers Do you all have any ideas how to test this You might be think why is he hooking up his pc to a tv well if I can get this to work I just have to buy a tv tuner card and I can make my own TIVO The picture is fine that I get on my tv so if I can get the buzzing out I will be set nbsp

A:Pc to VCR makes a buzing noise

1. the more distance in cable between the two devices the more interference and signal loss you are going to get. Think of it like a giant antenna.

2. It could also be from grounding problem from either source (most likely the VCR)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-to-vcr-makes-a-buzing-noise.60166/
Relevancy 61.06%

I have a 5160 notebook and when turned on it makes a noise then stops and windows comes on normal, but the noise starts up off and on. Could this be a fan issue or what? please help
desperate

A:5160 makes noise

Yes it "could" be a fan issue, but the fan is not the only moving part in the Laptop. Any other moving part could be the source of the noise. Without hearing the noise firsthand, it's only a guess.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/5160-makes-noise.373893/
Relevancy 61.06%

All at sudden, the CPU makes loud "voltage-like" noise. I turned it off and on again, but it still makes the same noise. When I was about to plug USB cord to it (just touched a little), the "shocking/electrocuting" sound was produced.

The noise sounded scary.. What might have happened to my CPU?

Thanks

Relevancy 61.06%

My computer monitor, HP LP3065c it's 30", makes a very very faint noise when it comes on. Is this normal?
If not what can be done? I've had it since it was first released on the market several years ago and I'm wondering if it may be getting tired.

Thanks for your help.

A:Monitor makes a noise

Likely the backlights coming on. As long as there is no flickering, and the noise doesn't continue when it is on, it's likely normal. If it increases, or stays on, well...you'll cross that bridge when you come to it

A Guy

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/261086-monitor-makes-noise.html
Relevancy 61.06%

HiI have HP Pavilion P R When its working weird electronic noise its like a "electronic" makes noise HDD sound HDD makes "electronic" noise when two electrized object contact each other Frequency and loudness of this noise is very random sometimes its very loud that makes me feel uncomfortable sometimes i even cannot hear it I live in Azerbaijan Baku so I took my laptop into BESTCOMP GROUP - local service partner of HP I have warranty for year but they say it is normal - some HDDs make noise like this and they will not change Hard Disk in the terms of warranty nbsp I am not quiete sure about it I would like to know whether BESTCOMP GROUP telling the truth OR there should not be any ' electric noise from HDD and they have to change HDD following the warrantyI should tell that there is no performance problem on my laptop but according this noise but this noise extremely annoys me when Im working on something in my computer nbsp nbsp P S I would like strongly emphasize that this noise is not the noise of turning hard disk It is separate from that noise nbsp Kind Regards nbsp Nail Mustafazade nbsp nbsp

A:HDD makes "electronic" noise

I have just sent you a private message. If you are not sure how to check your forum messages, this post has instructions.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HDD-makes-quot-electronic-quot-noise/td-p/4854015
Relevancy 61.06%

I have Plantronics wireless audio. When i talk to my friends on skype they hear some noise. If i blow to my mic the noise sometimes goes away but after some time it comes back.

Do you have any solutions?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-microphone-makes-noise.168633/
Relevancy 61.06%

On and off my computer makes sort of a sustained buzzing noise; I have no idea what could be causing it.

Any thoughts?

Relevancy 61.06%

I bought a faulty ticking noise CPU makes laptop ACER LC off ebay and found the problem to be the graphics card I bought a new motherboard ram and HDD for it and it ran fine the first few times then it started to boot CPU makes ticking noise with nothing on the screen but if u turn it off then on it would start as normal Now the laptop doesnt boot at all So i send the motherboard away for a replacement I get it here set it all back up and it worked for the first few times then nothing again Same problem I pulled the motherboard out of its enclosure with everything still attached and noticed when the power button is pressed the the Processor will make a series of ticking clicking noises and then the laptop will die after one second I pulled the Processor out fired it up and there was no ticking noise the fans would spin and it would last about seconds longer then it would reboot itself Is the motherboard stuffed or is it the CPU I don t want to have to get another mobo Oh and also I asked our local computer man and he said it was most probably shorting out on something but what nbsp

Relevancy 60.63%

I'm having a strange issue with an office computer. No sounds will play at all except when a speaker test is done (the test chimes play as normal), so it doesn't seem to be hardware related. I'm not sure when the problem started because the sound is normally turned off, but I suspect a Windows update caused it. The computer has Realtek on-board audio.

So far I've tried updating the sound driver (both through Windows and through Realtek's site) and reverting to the original driver from the manufacturer's site (Dell). Nothing changed at all.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/no-sound-on-vista-machine-584086.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi there, I just got this new HP laptop and it works smoothly but the fan makes a constant buzzing noise from startup. The fan doesn't seem to be running very fast and I think the noise sounds abnormal and is unlike anything I'd ever heard from my old laptop. I turned off the fan constantly running setting in the BIOS (and now the laptop is completely silent) which is a temporary solution but I'd like to know if this is  fault that I should get looked at.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Pavilion-fan-makes-buzzing-noise/td-p/5741987
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi,
Recently a grinding noise can be heard when I turn on my PC, but not always. So far it has happened twice, the first time I looked inside my PC but found nothing, and the second time it stop after about 5 minutes once the computer had been turned on. I have literally no idea what it is as nothing is touch any of the fans and both HDD's in my build feel fine when I rest my hand on them.
I've made a video of the noise, for which the link is below. You may have to turn your volume up slightly to hear it, but it is much louder in reality.
YouTube Video
Any help will be appreciated,
Tom

A:PC makes grinding noise when turning on

The CPU cooler is most likely loose because I've had a similar issue where when the CPU fan spins fast, it makes a similar noise.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/337783-pc-makes-grinding-noise-when-turning.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hey guys.

Sometimes when I'm using my computer the internal speaker starts going "EEEE-RRRR-EEEE-RRRR-EEEE-RRRR" and I don't know why. It happens mostly when I'm playing Thief 2, but the other day it happened when I was using Microsoft Excel. When I close everything it stops after a while.

There's nothing in Task Manager or anything like that to indicate a problem. It just makes that noise.

I think it's because the CPU is overheating, but I can't tell for sure. I have an Intel Pentium 3, and the computer is getting old.

So three things:
- What's causing the computer to make the noise?
- How can I monitor my CPU's temperature?
- If the CPU is on its way out, can I replace it without getting a new motherboard?

In the meantime I'll check a few things with Everest.

Thanks!

A:My computer makes a siren noise and I don't know why

The problem is likely in your sound driver, your sound card or port, or your speakers.
All can be fixed or replaced or adjusted... and you should go that way before you start worrying about temperature and CPU
A CPU failure is extremely rare... Motherboards do not usually have problems that result in strange sounds...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-computer-makes-a-siren-noise-and-i-dont-know-why.80477/
Relevancy 60.2%

My computer makes this kind of a beep/ping sometimes when I load webpages or scroll up or down a webpage. I dont have a speaker inside my computer. Does anyone know how to stop this?

Relevancy 60.2%

good evening.I just changed my internal HDD last month.the HDD did make a continuous high-pitched noise during Windows 8 installation.but when Windows 8 boots up, the noise dissapear.why this happens? (previous internal HDD didn't have this)lately, the laptop experiences freezes.sometimes it dissapears after forced-reboot (forced-off, then restart)Windows Action Center does ask me to do Driver Repair often.I proceed with the repair, but the freezes still occurs.right now I am doing "chkdsk /f"I am quite worried about the noise it makes.impending HDD failure?thanks!

A:internal HDD makes weird noise

Are you sure that is not your DVD Rom that is making the noise? If it is just with the hard drive, then that means the hard drive is on its way to a grave.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/60285-internal-hdd-makes-weird-noise.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Sometimes when i turn my monitor on it will start to make a super-annoying squeaking noise that i usually have to play music to mask. usually i forget about it or it will just stop if the monitor is on long enough, but does anyone know what might be causing this problem or a way to fix it? the monitor is a 17" from dell by the way.

thanks

Relevancy 60.2%

My computer makes a steady beeping noise. I have one IDE drive and 2 SATA drives in it. It only makes the sound when the 2 sata drives are running. It has a 400 watt power supply. My guess is the power supply is not strong enough to power these plus the video card, cd-roms etc. Can anyone confirm or deny that this would be the power supply? Thanks!

Relevancy 60.2%

Hi there, I just got this new HP laptop and it works smoothly but the fan makes a constant buzzing noise from startup. The fan doesn't seem to be running very fast and I think the noise sounds abnormal and is unlike anything I'd ever heard from my old laptop. I turned off the fan constantly running setting in the BIOS (and now the laptop is completely silent) which is a temporary solution but I'd like to know if this is  fault that I should get looked at.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Pavilion-fan-makes-buzzing-noise/td-p/5741987
Relevancy 60.2%

I have my laptop since december 2012. For a good while now the fan has been loud. Sometimes it makes a weird noise and its like it is going to break the noise can be a clicking noise and it ranges in sound for soft to loud. I was just wondering can my laptop be sent away to be fixed? 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Fan-is-loud-and-sometimes-makes-clicking-noise/td-p/5840256
Relevancy 60.2%

No obvious dust in system. Removed one of the fans and looked for cracked blades, etc., everything looks ok. But makes a racket when rotating around. Anything I can do, you know, like spray WD40 on the fan shaft???

Pete

A:fan(s) in hp pavilion laptop makes noise

no one has a clue?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/fan-s-in-hp-pavilion-laptop-makes-noise.747393/
Relevancy 60.2%

i have a gigabyte P4 titan 667 GA-8ST667 2.4 ghz cpu 512 mb ram 64 mb video card a 80 gigabyte hard drive
and this is my problem
on night is turned my computer off the next day i turned on and it did not work the monitor did not swhich on and it started to beep it make short beeps and dose not stop it keep on going for 10 mins and i turned my computer to sut it up and it dose the it every time i turn it on i have changed th hard drive and the ram and video card and i dont know what to do but if you do can you tell me plz

Relevancy 60.2%

i dont hear the noise until i start to use alot of the computer power. it is a high pitched ringing noise and i cant tell where it is coming from. it might be one of the fan berings otherwise i dont know what it is anyone have an idea?

Relevancy 60.2%

What causes my computer to make a ringing noise when I am on the internet, seems to happen when the more adds or playing and the larger the web site. For intance searching ebay.

A:my computer makes a ringing noise

It could very well be an ad. Download Free Malwarebytes,https://www.malwarebytes.org/mwb-download/run it and see if it finds anything. When you hear the ringing, scroll through the tabs you have open and see if you find an ad playing.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Gateway-eMachines-and-Packard/my-computer-makes-a-ringing-noise/td-p/423435
Relevancy 60.2%

I own an Afterglow Prismatic wireless USB headset and recently I've run into a problem It had bee a long few months since I last used the headset and when talking to friends in a voice-chat program there seemed to always be a constant white-noise humming sound persisting I took it as the microphone picking up the air around me as it made a similar noise when not muted but I found that this was not the case after testing the Headset Hub Makes Irritating - USB USB Noise mute button I looked around online to see that many people with a similar problem claimed that their headphones made the noise due to improper power whether it was from a bad USB port USB Headset Makes Irritating Noise - USB Hub or because the rig was plugged into an un-grounded socket This made me test to see if improper power was my problem and I can only assume it is because when plugged directly into a port there's no noise whilst in the hub there is This normally wouldn't be a problem as most laptops have quite a few ports however one of my three plain and simply don't work zero power The other two are fine but when plugging the USB headset into one of the ports it blocks the other make me unable to use a mouse or even the USB hub which the mouse performs fine in Too long didn't read How can I stop a humming sound from coming through my headset when plugged into a USB hub

A:USB Headset Makes Irritating Noise - USB Hub

Does your USB hub have its own power supply or it is just connected to the USB?
I have had a similar problem and I have solved by buying USB hub with a power supply.

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/67525-usb-headset-makes-irritating-noise-usb-hub.html
Relevancy 60.2%

What causes my computer to make a ringing noise when I am on the internet, seems to happen when the more adds or playing and the larger the web site. For intance searching ebay.

A:my computer makes a ringing noise

It could very well be an ad. Download Free Malwarebytes,https://www.malwarebytes.org/mwb-download/run it and see if it finds anything. When you hear the ringing, scroll through the tabs you have open and see if you find an ad playing.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Gateway-eMachines-and-Packard/my-computer-makes-a-ringing-noise/td-p/423435/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 60.2%

this might sound a little weird, but it seems almost randomly, after it has been on for awhile.... it makes a sound like water rushing inside it especially when it is on screensaver. any suggestions??

Relevancy 60.2%

Hi. I have Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit. My PC is self build. I used PC part picker to ensure compatibility of components and I've had no problem until a few days ago. The screen went blank and there was a loud whirring noise, like the inference noise you get when tuning a radio. After a minute or two it stopped and the pc re-booted. The same thing happened again yesterday. I have no idea what it could be. I'd appreciate any advice.. I'm afraid the component, if that is what it is, may fail altogether.

http://www.pchelpforum.com/pc-hardware/130124-screen-goes-blank-makes-noise.html
Relevancy 60.2%

I do alot of gaming, and the fan seems to make noise,while rubbing against something when I: tilt the laptop downard, press under the left side of the laptop too hard with my knee, move the laptop from mid-air to my lap quickly. the sound is miniscule or nonprevalent when non gaming, obviously because the fan is not in much use,as the computer is not that hot.  so is this normal laptop behavior? or should i get it checked out? I asked around and someone said that it might just be touching a wire, and that it isn't a big deal. He said I should just get a usb cooling pad. Will this issue cause my fan to break faster? will it cause over-heating issues? i have never gamed on a laptop nor owned one, so i'm pretty oblivious. thanks fro your help.

A:Aspire-E5-574G fan makes noise

The faster the fan spins, the noisier it will sound. They either have a ball bearing or a sleeve bearing and the bearings can wear out, but they last for years. I wouldn't really think it was hitting or rubbing something in most cases.

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Aspire-E5-574G-fan-makes-noise/td-p/430212/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 60.2%

Hey everyone,
My computer crashes to desktop or reboots when i'm playing games like MVP 2004, Sims2, WoW, and NHL 2005

anyways after it reboots you can really hear the computer...I opened up the case and the motherboard fan was going crazy...then after 2-5 minutes it slowed down and quieted....
what could be the problem?

P4 2.8ghz
512 DDR Ram
ATI Radeon 9800 pro 128

Relevancy 60.2%

Hey everyone!

I just put a CD into my disc drive, and it made a horrible noise when it attempted to read the disc. It sounded like something was rubbing against something. I can't explain the sound...

I recently installed a CD RW drive below the main CD ROM drive. Could something be getting in the way? Thanks for your help!!!

--maxim2

Relevancy 60.2%

Upon startup the rear fan makes a grinding noise. This eventually settles out. This concerns me as no grinding noise should occur, especially right out of the carton.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Fan-makes-grinding-noise-on-start-up/td-p/5640810
Relevancy 60.2%

Hey there, a friend of mine is having a problem with his microphone. Anytime he uses his mic to talk on ventrillo, it makes a really wierd static noise that sorta sounds like a helicopter. Everyone can still hear him, but the static is loud and bothers most people. The microphone is brand new, and the static noise is the same from the last microphone he had, so its probably not the microphones fault.

Does anyone have an idea of whats causing this? If you need his computer spec's I'll list them, but hes unavailable as of right now.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microphone-makes-a-wierd-noise.586085/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hello everyone I m using AMD FX- W with Gigabyte GA- A-DS I ve been using this CPU on the MB even on the F bios version even though the CPU is not officially supported only the W version and only from F a bios So here is noise high CPU VRM pitched or makes the problem I ran OCCT test and after about minutes or so there is a constant high pitched noise coming from somewhere around CPU area which lasts for around seconds then stops When that happens I can hear the CPU fan slowing down and temperatures decreasing which CPU or VRM makes high pitched noise would normally point to throttling the temps are very low so it s not that After seconds it just comes back to normal the test is still running and after a few minutes it happens again etc However the CPU usage frequency and voltage all stay unchanged I CPU or VRM makes high pitched noise ve checked in OCCT CPU-Z and AIDA at the same time and that is a bit confusing since I don t even know what s happening Could be some safety instructions from the mobo because of CPU or VRM makes high pitched noise the high TDP processor At some point I tried overclocking and I got to GHz with the stock voltage but I can t go any further even with the voltage bumped to V but that s not my primary concern even though it could be that I got a bad cpu example I just mentioned this because the problem could be related as there could be compatibility issues but the CPU is working fine while it shouldn t work at all considering the mobo manufacturers compatibility list I searched all over the internet and I haven t found anyone with the same problem as I m having I found that some people are complaining about coil whine and after searching more on that I can tell that this is not coil whine but more of a high pitched quot beep quot noise not that loud at all that is constantly heard for about seconds So if anyone has an idea what s going on I would be very thankful for any help nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-or-vrm-makes-high-pitched-noise.198621/
Relevancy 60.2%

My computer is working fine except for a noisy fan. I took the panel off and cleaned all the dust off of the fan and inbetween the grills but it still makes noise. Is this something I need to worry about? Is this something that can be replaced? Computer has been working fine just is noisy.

thanks

Nancy

A:Computer makes noise when it runs

Can you determine where the noise is coming from?
I suspect power supply, which is fairly easy to replace before it fails all together and takes out something else with it.
Then again it could be heat sink fan

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-makes-noise-when-it-runs.561968/
Relevancy 60.2%

My z800 constantly makes a low level noise similar to the sound you hear when a fax is sent or a dot matrix printer printing.It seems to change pitch slightly in sympathy with how much work the processor's having to do.  Any idea what it might be?  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/Z800-makes-noise-like-a-fax-being-sent-only-a-lot-quieter/td-p/5660116
Relevancy 60.2%

I honestly thought it was going to explode. My laptop just started making a very loud screeching noise from what i believe is coming from the fan while i was playing super dancer online so i shut it off on the spot mainly because it terrified everyone in the room. Is there a way to fix this without money getting involved?and by money i mean techs....the techs down here are just too expensive. What has caused this firstly?right now im on a friend's laptop.

A:Asus now makes a screeching noise

Nope. Because of the way that the cases are manufactured. You would need the correct tools to split the shells, then you would have to make sure you have the correct replacement fan, if that is what is actually making the noise.

I would find a local mom & pop computer repair, that has been around for a while and take it there.

Since you never stated the mfg & model number in your post or System Spec's, there is no way to tell you what you would have to go through if you wanted to do it on your own.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/67878-asus-now-makes-screeching-noise.html
Relevancy 60.2%

I have a machine running Windows 2000 Pro that more and more frequently is making a clicking noise then freezing up solid, the only way to recover is to power down. It doesn't matter what program is running, sometimes there are four programs open sometimes one. There is a virus scan in place at all times.
So far there have not been any error messages, just a click and a freeze up.

Relevancy 59.77%

I ve High-Pitched My Noise a Makes Monitor noticed recently that my computer makes a high-pitched sound but there s more to it than that It only My Monitor Makes a High-Pitched Noise seems to appear whenever the monitor is displaying a large amount of white or bright pixels I m talking about having notepad open visiting this website anything that uses bright colors This is by far the most weirdest thing I My Monitor Makes a High-Pitched Noise have come across yet Even more so than my browser disappearing when I change it into windowed mode Can you give me some tips on what I can do on this really strange case Thanks in advance -Tony EDIT Actually it does something different The monitor kind of quot gets used quot to the pixels on the screen and when the colors drastically change i e opening up other windows with dark colors I get the noise again So now it s quot used quot to the bright colors If I visit my darker website it starts making the noise again So what do I do about this nbsp

Relevancy 59.77%

i've got an ibm thinkpad 390e with a P-II CPU and Windows 98SE.

it has 2 pcmcia slots. each slot has a different tiny symbol next to it. when i insert a pcmcia/cardbus card in the top slot, my mouse etc. stops to work, and it makes a rapid clicking noise through the laptop speaker.

when i insert a pcmcia/cardbus card in the bottom slot, the mouse works fine but it still makes the rapid clicking noise.

the noise only comes when i open Windows Explorer and navigate to either the harddisk's D: or E: partition.

i've updated adaware etc..., done a thorough scandisk etc....

anyone got any thoughts on what i should try??

thanks, appreciated.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pcmcia-makes-rapid-clicking-noise.308708/
Relevancy 59.77%

I have a four year old HP Pavilion with windows XP Three years ago the CD drive needed to be replaced so we bought a used one for It worked fine Drive CD makes not open, noise grinding will until today CD Drive will not open, makes grinding noise I ejected the tray and it only came out halfway and made a grinding noise I inserted and ejected it a couple more times and it did the same thing Then it finally wouldn t open at all Now when I try to eject it the light flashes and it makes the same grinding noise but it doesn t open I tried to eject it from My Computer and it did the same thing I take classes on the computer and use CD s for class so I need my CD drive Is there any way I can fix it I m a student on a small income and I don t know when I could afford another one If there s something I could do to get it working again that would be great I ll try to answer all your questions Thanks for your help nbsp

Relevancy 59.77%

Hello TS Alright I just ordered all the parts for a new system build short a PSU noise - PC similar New to 'zap' makes Build I built the pc and when I press the power button a noise emits from the PSU Imagine putting your tongue to the roof of your mouth New PC Build - PSU makes noise similar to a short 'zap' and then make an abrupt quot TSS quot sound Not sure if that helps but thats the best way I can describe it I have looked at the connectors for the power switch reset switch power led ide led over and over again thinking that I must have connected them incorrectly I have made sure that they are connected correctly My question is this does this sound like a PSU failure or MOBO failure or User failure Here are the specs PSU Thermaltake Purepower W RU W ATX V CPU Intel Core Quad Q GHz MOBO ASUS P QL PRO Memory OCZ Reaper HPC GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC HDD Western Digital Caviar SE WD AAJS GB RPM SATA Graphics XFX GeForce GS MB -bit GDDR PCI Express x Optical LG X DVD R DVD Case RAIDMAX Tornado ATX- WU Black SECC Steel ATX Mid Tower nbsp

A:New PC Build - PSU makes noise similar to a short 'zap'

Are you sure it's from the PSU? Could be the power button or some other connector shorting somewhere. Check for any shorts to be sure.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-pc-build-psu-makes-noise-similar-to-a-short-zap.129148/
Relevancy 59.77%

hi,

my pc doesnt even get to the windows screen and it starts to make this annoying beeping noise
i wonder if anyone can help.

ive tried cleaning the fans of dust etc. but i have no idea where to go from there.

any help or suggestions would be a real help.

A:Doesnt Load And Makes A Beeping Noise

Need more information to help you with this. What is the make and model of your computer? Those beeps you are hearing are BIOS error codes. Depending on what BIOS your computer has installed these codes will tell you where the problem is. So give us more information and we can take it from there.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/65740/doesnt-load-and-makes-a-beeping-noise/
Relevancy 59.77%

Beeping noise on computer when switched on black screen on monitor just a beeping noise from the computer

A:Computer won't start up makes beeping noise

Does it beep just once, or is is a continuous beep? What happened right before this started? Power outage or power surge maybe?

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-vista/computer-wont-start-up-makes-beeping-noise/13443.html
Relevancy 59.77%

I know this doesn't really give much away to my problem but i'm just as confused.

My laptop has recently started making the little beep noise that would occur when inserting a usb device etc. but i haven't inserted anything into the laptop at all?

I have checked various windows device programs but to no avail, there are no yellow triangles in the device manager, so i'm unsure as to what has caused this?

I have also system restored but it still proceeds to make the noise.

If anybody has any ideas on how to resolve this problem then i would really appreciate it!

Thanks.

A:Laptop makes 'inserted device' noise but nothing put in?

Hi,

If you click start >> then right click computer >> select manage >> in the bottom left select disk management.

***EDIT***
Sorry, i misread that you are not actually inserting anything

Regards,
JDobbsy1987

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/112933-laptop-makes-inserted-device-noise-but-nothing-put.html
Relevancy 59.77%

I had closed my laptop cover a few minutes before (or maybe much less?) so it was in some state of hybernation. When I opened it, I pressed the power button and it made such a loud, high-pitched noise that it was piercing and my ears are still ringing from it.

Any ideas? I timidly started it up and it seems to be working just fine. I'm backing it up now.

Thanks, Peter

A:Laptop Makes LOUD Piercing Noise

Were you in the middle of a sound playing when it went into hibernation?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-makes-loud-piercing-noise.435093/
Relevancy 59.77%

I have an ATI Radeon 9800 and whenever i am loading a game, or playing one, i can hear a high pitched swooshing noise coming from the video card. (or i think it is coming from it anyway...) I have not overclocked it and i have installed a new cooling system and that doesnt help... any suggestions???

A:Video card makes weird noise

It could be the fan on the card. Is anything rubbing against the blade like another wire? How old is the card?

What new cooling system are you talking about, for the card or the computer

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-card-makes-weird-noise.343656/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi All!

In extreme 3D situations (such as running my screen saver) and often when trying to use my burner, my computer tower will make a "beep, boop" (silly I know) like noise and turn off. It really frustrates me. The sound also occurs every time i shut my computer down.

Anyway, I recorded the sound using my MP3 player and have uploaded it. It only goes for a few seconds.

Go to this link:http://www.supload.com/sound_confirm.php?get=886508271.wav
Click download and click Open With Windows media Player.

Please if anyone could have a listen and post what they think it could be caused by and how i can fix it. I would really be appreciative.

Thanks All

MEbeME

Relevancy 59.77%

I am really getting worried. It sounds like the HDD is going down VERY soon.

A:HDD makes extensive noise and runs all the time

I think your fears say it all.. if in doubt that it's going to work, I'd power it down until you can back it up, or take it to a professional repair facility. When you're i nthat situatoin the longer you run it, the worse you'll be in the long run...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hdd-makes-extensive-noise-and-runs-all-the-time.13253/
Relevancy 59.77%

http://support.hp.com/rs-en/document/c04866069 That is my laptop. It makes a slight rattling noise as soon as the CPU is on. I bought it 9 months ago, used it for 2, then had a screen problem. The middle third (vertically) of it was sort of pixelated and wasn't displaying properly. I returned it to geek squad just 2 weeks ago, and they fixed the problem, but I'm afraid to use my laptop again. I suspect it had something to do with the fan.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Envy-m6-ae151dx-fan-or-something-makes-a-rattling-noise/td-p/5825486
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi guys. I've got another problem. My Lite-On iHES106-2 makes a High-Pitched noise whenever it reads data from CD.

Any idea what's going on?

A:CD/DVD drive makes high-pitched noise

Just learned that if it makes those noise like that... it will or is already dead. What the hell is going on with my computer these days?!? My music hard drive and now my CD/DVD/Blu-ray drive... GOTTA BE JOKING!!

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/91155-cd-dvd-drive-makes-high-pitched-noise.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi people

i also have a toshiba qosmio e10 notebook. I have been having problems with it aswell lately.

First it started of by a slow start up, and then at one time i started gettin error messeges.
When i called the toshiba helpline was advised to do a disk check. I did that and the problem is still occuring.

Now also the hard disk constantly makes noise, though once the computer had loaded up properly its usually fine its just during start up. Has one experiance thing similar?
Whats the best thing to do?

I am considering replacin the hard disk.
All help will be appreciated. thanx

A:Qosmio E10 is slow and HDD constantly makes noise

Hi

The disk (HDD) check will not solve any problems but this tool report some errors and problems with the HDD.
You description sounds like an HDD malfunction.
Maybe it?s a beginning of the end!

Several months ago I have noticed something similar on my notebook.
Two days after my 3 years old HDD was dead. It was simply head crash.

Take my advice and backup your data

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?21902-Qosmio-E10-is-slow-and-HDD-constantly-makes-noise
Relevancy 59.77%

I had a thread about the keyboard makin noise when it was used, well now that system makes noise when the mouse moves. its a light buzz through the speakers. anyone?

A:System makes noise when mouse moves

This sounds like a classic case of mouse distress...

Have you fed and watered him/her at all lately??

Sorry..couldn't help myself there....

Have you tried another mouse at all?

Perhaps making sure that the connections are all dust free might help too.

Any other sound related problems at all?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/system-makes-noise-when-mouse-moves-97875.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hello,

I bought a Qosmio F750-120 3 weeks ago and it has a problem that i can?t fix.
At random times (and increased when using more memory) it jams for a second or two, making a wierd noise.

What can it be?

Thanks in advance.

A:Qosmio F750-120 makes wired noise

>... making a wierd noise.
It is too general description. How to understand this?
What kind of noise? From where? Speakers, HDD?

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?66896-Qosmio-F750-120-makes-wired-noise
Relevancy 59.77%

Recently my Toshiba Portable hard drive has been making a clicking noise when I plug it in in intervals of 1 seconds. Does that mean its failing (PS: Its only 2 months old)

A:Hard drive makes clicking noise

It's a strong possibility. Most drives that fail do it in the first few weeks. If it didn't make the noise before and now it does.....I would make an image to have ready in cased it fails. Make an image every two days and keep an eye on it. It could be something else, but it sure sounds like a bad drive to me.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/81454-hard-drive-makes-clicking-noise.html
Relevancy 59.77%

I'm having this strange noise every time I'm 10 minutes into a game (Stalker COP) and I noticed that when I'm using a VGA analogue cable my display starts to tremble, the noise won't stop until I turn off my pc for 15-20 minutes.
It is constant it varies when a game hangs or if I change my screen resolution, I'm sure it's not my monitor, fans, HDDs, ODD, graphics cards (restarted my pc without them and the noise is still there), I stressed my CPU with prime95 and all went good.
As far as I can tell there's no strange smells, I checked most of my MOBO caps, nothing bad.
Tried a BIOS update, Forceware update...no luck.
My PSU is few days old, My PC runs very well even when there's hissing.

any advise?

A:PC makes Hissing noise when running a game.

It's not the PSU fan either?

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/196158-pc-makes-hissing-noise-when-running-game.html
Relevancy 59.77%

hello
problem =
5 year old 32 inch crt t.v makes a high pitched buzzing noise, this happens randomly, it goes away if i put a little pressure on the top, or if i bash it, but it soon comes back.

any thoughts ... thanks

A:T.v makes a high pitched buzzing noise

Open the back of the old CRT television and carefully clean the dust and dirt away from the high-voltage components, usually located on the right side of the chassis looking at the back of the TV. The CRT holds a high-voltage charge where a big red or black wire connects to the glass tube so be careful. The area around the red wire rubber cup can be cleaned using a spray bottle of window cleaner, but again be careful not to get shocked... 25,000 to 30,000 volts can be present on the CRT

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/t-v-makes-a-high-pitched-buzzing-noise.96156/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hello all, hope you all are well.

I am having an issue with a laptop of mine. Dell Inspiron E1705 laptop. The LCD outter cover looks a little cracked but not badly. The noise seems to be coming from the middle of the LCD towards the bottom. I took the laptop apart hoping it could have been a connector or a fan. I even took the RAM out and switched modules. The problem still persists to this moment.

I was hoping someone could give me good insight on what it could be?

I was thinking it may be the LCD monitor itself, but then I read online and some people say AC adapter or motherboard. Well the noise sounds like it's coming from the monitor only, so I don't really know.

Any suggestions?

Thank you,
Synt4x

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-makes-high-pitch-noise.908724/
Relevancy 59.77%

My PC has 2 ram installed. When I push the power button, I hear 3 slow beeps.. :/ I checked my computer 4 times already, still the same problem. This is the new ram I installed: http://www.archmemory.com/ram.cfm/e...RAM-for-eMachines-eMachines-T3522-28899-36769
I had to take it out and put everything the way it was before I install it to post this thread. Any help on what to do. I did push the ram in tight already. I don't know what's the problem
Here are my PC specs:

Windows XP, Home Editon Version 2002 (Service Pack 3)
Intel Celeron D Processor 352
3.33 GHz
511MB of RAM
Asus 512MB nVidia Geforce 8400 GS Silent

Thanks in Advance!

A:eMachines makes a beeping noise, when installing new ram?

Perhaps you put the ram in the wrong way? And did you make sure you "doubled up" and didn't put different types of ram in each slot? What happens when you take out the new ram or leave the new ram in and take out the old ram?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/emachines-makes-a-beeping-noise-when-installing-new-ram.936041/
Relevancy 59.77%

Ever since Windows 10 forced the update on my Laptop I started noticing a weird sound... It wasn't much of a problem before but now it's unbearable.I look at Task manager and it gives me 100% disk usage sometimes, then the computer runs slow..Not so long ago, I am running the newest Bios and my drivers are all updated. Missed on my warranty because I barely used my laptop. I am scared and I don't know what to do.. I will show you in the video how it sounds:Video hereVideo 2(Sorry if you hear my roomates in the background, I live in an apartment)  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Pavilion-Notebook-15-p214dx-Fan-Makes-too-much-noise-I/td-p/5763619
Relevancy 59.77%

So i was using my Compaq Evo N620c laptop( Windows XP) and i put it on stand by. When i came back, i started the laptop up and it started making a really loud high pitched noise almost like a whistle. I restarted the laptop and it started making the same noise. I went on safe mode and the noise stopped and everything louded perfectly. Than when i went back on my regular account and it started making the noise again. The noise only starts at the blue loading screen for XP. I had this laptop for 2 years and this is the first time this ever happened.

Will the noise stop if I open up my laptop and use a duster ( high pressure air) and i take out all the dust out of my fan and hard drive?

Thank You

A:Laptop makes a really loud grinding noise

No way to tell for sure what the noise is coming from with the info provided. Could be a fan, could be a hard drive. I suggest you go ahead and try blowing the dust out with canned air through the cooling vents. Use short bursts instead of a continuous blast. First blow air into the exhaust port first, then into the intake port. Repeat until no more dust appears.

Try one thing first... mute the sound. Audio hardware can do some strange stuff.

Raybro

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-makes-a-really-loud-grinding-noise.983762/
Relevancy 59.77%

I basically spent the entire day yesterday assembling a new pc and after a few minor problems I got it humming won't makes turn PC weird noise on and up and running After installing windows all the drivers and just finishing the last few updates Turned the machine off switched the power off via the switch in the back of the psu and hooked up the storage HDs when I returned power to the machine all the fans immediately started and there was a strange humming noise like the fan PC won't turn on and makes weird humming noise is speeding up and slowing down but with a lower tone The machine is now completely unresponsive and after I turned off the power and unplugged it removed the HDs SSD and cd drive which were working normally and everything from the back mouse keyboard monitor so I move he machine out and get a better look inside When I turned the power on the fans turned on but a lot slower and the humming was almost gone I really need help figuring out what happened http pcpartpicker com user tole saved FB this is my build nbsp

A:PC won't turn on and makes weird humming noise

Just tried to turn it on again after leaving it overnight and it turned on, with the case power button, but after that it didn't respond when I tried to turn it off so I turned it off with the psu power switch and now its back to the same nonresponsive state with the fans (all of them) twitching as soon as I turn the psu power switch.

The humming from last night is replaced by a low pitched squeaking noise each time the fans twitch.

(sorry for double posting the edit button disappeared on me)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-wont-turn-on-and-makes-weird-humming-noise.192837/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hey,

So I have a 3 year old dell inspiron 15 3521 laptop. I've had to replace the hard drive as the laptop decided to freeze on me. I replaced it with another hard drive and again same problem. My cmos battery is loose. I've powered it on and it still makes that same clock like heart beat sound. I've got a recording of the sound but don't think I can post it haha.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19993563
Relevancy 59.77%

My serial numer for the x carbon th gen is xxxxxxxxxxxx nbsp I fan (2016) noise carbon unbearble gen makes... 4th x1 spent nbsp custimizing the x carbon th gen with TB PCI-e SSD I thought I would got a laptop for me to use years as I had a W used for years with problems and very quite nbsp but it is too x1 carbon 4th gen (2016) unbearble fan noise makes... heavy to carry it around nbsp However as soon as I started this new laptop the fan noise pissed me off The noise is totally unacceptable becuase I didn't x1 carbon 4th gen (2016) unbearble fan noise makes... start any programs yet and it runs a fresh Win Pro OS the noise can be heard about nbsp ft away in my bed room I tried to restart for a few times the noise comes back about seconds after the system is reboot nbsp nbsp nbsp I did some googling and found this old post for x carbon st gen nbsp https forums lenovo com t ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops x -fan-Noise td-p page nbsp I read the entire post and I assume this is probably the Bios issue again hopefully not the design issue since this is the th gen Can anyone from Levono help me geck this issue and provide nbsp me a solution I really hate to send the laptop back and exchange a laptop probably with the same issue if this is a Bios problem nbsp Cheers nbsp nbsp Mod edit nbsp Removed Serial Number to prevent abuse nbsp nbsp

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/x1-carbon-4th-gen-2016-unbearble-fan-noise-makes-it-unusable/td-p/3321737
Relevancy 59.77%

I turn on my computer it makes a beeping noise for like five seconds and nothing happens the monitor will not come on. But CD drive still opens and closes

Relevancy 59.77%

Hi all

I have recently put a new motherboard (asus M4A89GTD PRO) on my pc and, since then, everytime I shut down the pc, the HD makes a very strange sound, I will explain that with more details:

when I shut down the pc from windows, I get the "Shutting down" screen, everything is normal there, but some seconds later the HD Led turns on and the HD makes a very strange sound, that happens during a second or two, and after that, the sound stops and the pc turns off

EDIT: I forgot to say it: that noise sounds like the HD is revving very very fast... sounds like a disk turning very fast

It makes me feel that there is something wrong with my motherboard/OS/HD... What do you think? What can be the cause of that? is it a serious problem?

A:My hard drive makes noise when turning off PC

Hi,
I dont seem to understand the meaning of revving, would it be like when its too busy, that kind of a sound or something else.
Because if that's the case then it could be ok, plus is that a SATA or IDE disk/s...
I also think it could be Data caching, maybe look at you disk properties in your management console and see it you have a setting like this snapshot below...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-hard-drive-makes-noise-when-turning-off-pc.160815/
Relevancy 59.77%

Oh man, twice now, after about 10 minutes of running, my laptop, makes this crackling noise, like click click click then small curls of smoke start comming out of it. I quickly turn it off and it happens again when i turn it on.

The noise and smoke is on the left hand side. It's a Gateway laptop that i've had for ~3 years. I've never had problems with it. Ever. No viruses no nothing. This came out of nowhere.

Please dont tell me it's garbage now. What do I do. I'm afraid to leave it alone while its running cause I dont want to burn the house down but I hope this is somehow fixable.

A:Laptop makes clicking noise and has smoke

I wouldn't use it anymore and take it to a PC repair shop......running it will only damage it more maybe fatally!

Left hand side could be where the Heat-sink and fan are...not sure on that model

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-makes-clicking-noise-and-has-smoke.855263/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi guys Here is the rundown of my Noise Laptop :( Makes Clicking Sony problem I have a sony laptop VGN-FW F windows I have had it since December Everything on the computer worked great until November of last year While Sony Laptop Makes Clicking Noise :( on an airplane going home and while it was sitting on my lap not the tray it froze up while running Lightroom Photoshop cs and Photomatix I originally thought that system got hot but I am not entirely sure the airplane was frigid that day and I had only been using it for about minutes It froze up and it took FOREVER to shut down All the programs were lagging while trying to close them It finally shut down we landed I went home When it came time to turn on the computer it would boot up but the second it got to the Welcome screen it would freeze The computer would pause for about seconds then do a rapid clicking noise very quite you have to be in a silent room to hear it for about second then freeze again The clicking noise appears to be coming from under the quot H quot key which appears to not be close to the harddrive The computer would not be able to be turned off because it seemed to go in an infinite loop of the clicking freezing I could boot up on safe mode and it would finish booting and everything but after about seconds of being in windows it would click and freeze again It would allow me to do some stuff but every seconds or so it would freeze click freeze click freeze click seconds of able to do something freeze click freeze click to turn it off i had to do a hard shut down hold down the power button I was able to use the VAIO data recovery tool in the startup pressing f and I pulled all the data I wanted off of the computer i decided to do the full system recovery option I ran the diagonstics on the system the harddrive and the programs all said that the hardware including the harddrive worked just fine After the full system restore option i effectively formatted my computer and started over from square when i first got the computer Everything thing seemed to be working just fine after that I then went on travel again days later On the same flight and same airplane the exact same thing happened to me again I am not sure if it is related but I found it amazing that it happened in the exact same circumstances However when I shut it down during that flight nothing out of the ordinary took place no freezing or clicking at least I didnt notice it The next day the computer was back to its old ways of freezing and clicking freezing and clicking I restored the system again it was my only hope After that I was able to use it for month before it happened to me again I reformatted and everything has been going ok since then that is until days ago when the clicking rared its ugly head again I was using lightroom photoshop itunes and photomatix all at the same time and it started to bog down I closed the programs and it didnt seem to have a huge issue I then decided to restart the computer during shutdown it started the clicking noise again and also the freezing and unfreezing upon startup it wouldnt even get to the start-up windows annimation I ran the data recovery and it worked for the most part I was able to get on one try and it froze clicked when it got to the NTUSER DAT file I am not sure if that is important or not I forced a shutdown held the power button and ran the recovery again and it completed I then reformatted today During the system restore it got about done and started the clicking thing again it did it for a while and then eventually worked itself out of it and completed the restore installed factory software and started windows It is working OK but when I have installed some new programs such as Itunes and QQ chinese AIM it paused for a while did the clicking froze clicked froze you get the idea And then it eventually worked itself out of it I am pretty much now just waiting for it to happen again and then i will do the system restore again but it is super an... Read more

A:Sony Laptop Makes Clicking Noise :(

first things first, get all the data that you want to keep off of that hard drive. You can purchase external USB drives very cheap these days, and it sounds as if the hard drive is going south. After that, hit the HD's mfg site and run some tests on it to see if the HD is indeed failing.

But by all accounts it sounds like the click of death; I'd get that data off (at least what you want to keep) asap.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sony-laptop-makes-clicking-noise.984547/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hey all I got a problem with my icemat siberia headphones when turned up loud they make a static kinda noise thing
I need them loud as i play cs competitivly
and if i put them in the back souund only comes out one ear :[

A:Headset makes a fuzzy noise when up loud

Try checking the setting of the sound device.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/headset-makes-a-fuzzy-noise-when-up-loud.598764/
Relevancy 59.77%

So,yeah....I just have this extremely annoying sound comming out of my PC...I was searching some other threads, and I just couldn't find the fix for it...pls help :C

A:PC makes weird noise when im not moving my cursor

A bit more detail would help i.e is it a sound from the speaker, mechanical noise ? what ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/322129-pc-makes-weird-noise-when-im-not-moving-my-cursor.html
Relevancy 59.77%

This is my makes when noise Laptop funny starting nephew s laptop far away from here bought last year Window bit home premium He says it makes funny noise like an alarm when it starts When I looked at similar problems here there was a suggestion that a hijack log may be useful So here it is Logfile of Trend Micro Laptop makes funny noise when starting HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch HPMSGSVC exe C Windows Samsung PanelMgr SSMMgr exe C Users Ankur AppData Roaming Google Google Talk googletalk exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Windows SysWOW Macromed Flash FlashUtil t ActiveX exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files x Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe C Windows SysWOW DllHost exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http g msn com HPNOT Laptop makes funny noise when starting R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google co in R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http in yahoo com fr fp-spt gen R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http in yahoo com fr fp-spt gen R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C PROGRA Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO Symantec NCO BHO - ADB E- AFF- - AA - DAC DFA - C Program Files x Norton Internet Security Engine coIEPlg dll O - BHO Symantec Intrusion Prevention - D EC - AAE- -AEEE-F F C - C Program Files x Norton Internet Security Engine IPS IPSBHO DLL O - BHO Search Helper - EBF - F- bff-A F-B E AAC B - C Program Files x Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack Search Helper SEPsearchhelperie dll O - BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Bing Bar BHO - d ce e -f a- - e- dc f c f - C Program Files x MSN Toolbar Platform npwinext dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO SingleInstance Class - FDAD DA - A - FD - C - F AC - C PROGRA Yahoo Companion Installs cpn YTSingleInstance dll O - Toolbar C Program Files x MSN Toolbar Platform npwinext dll - - dcb -df - - - fa b f - C Program Files x MSN Toolbar Platform npwinext dll O - Toolbar Norton Toolbar - FEBEFE - B - - D -FFB D B CA - C Program Files x Norton Internet Security Engine coIEPlg dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C PROGRA Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - HKLM Run HP Quick Launch C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch HPMSGSVC exe O - HKLM Run Samsung PanelMgr C Windows Samsung PanelMgr ssmmgr exe autorun O - Extra context menu item Add to Google Photos Screensa amp ver - res C Windows system GPhotos scr O - Extra button Blog This - C - CB - a-A C -D FCDDC D - C Program Files x Windows Live Writer WriterBrowserExtension dll O - Extra Tools menuitem amp Blog This in Windows Live Writer - C - CB - a-A C -D FCDDC D - C Program Files x Windows Live Writer Writ... Read more

Relevancy 59.77%

Hi is someone able to help me because i have a sony vaio laptop which has started making a continuous beeping noise. The laptop won't turn on unless it is charging, but when it does turn on, the screen is blank (black) and all i can hear are short repetitions of some sort of beep.

What does this mean and what am i supposed 2 to do to fix it?

Relevancy 59.77%

I'm pretty sure its a virus making my computer sound weird it sounds like a woodpecker inside. i ran avg found nothing on both profiles i have to log on to my computer. i also ran malwarebytes on both profiles i found i virus on a profile that dosent really get used to often. i also deleted avg and downloaded it again and this time it came with a I.D. scanner thing that said it found 4 threats. i think there is still something some where otherwise it wouldnt be making that noise. what should i do?

A:computer makes weird noise on start up

It sounds like a woodpecker? To me that would indecate that something (a wire, most likely) is getting too close to a fan somewhere inside the case. Open the case (or have your local computer guru do it for you) and start up the computer. Try to find where the sound is coming from. Then turn off the computer and move whatever is causing the sound away from whichever fan it's impinging on.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/248256/computer-makes-weird-noise-on-start-up/
Relevancy 59.77%

Its a giga-byte noise.... makes buzzing mobo most the horrible fan My IEXP in the system I built months ago first one i ve ever built About My mobo fan makes the most horrible buzzing noise.... a month ago I began to hear a buzzing noise occasionally its gotten more frequent I thought it was the CPU Fan but after reseating it tonight I listened to it closely and its the Mobo fan a picture of the mobo is here http www anandtech com mb showdoc html i amp p Its the golden fan to the left of the CPU slot anyways there are screws on top which dont appear to hold the fan the mobo but instead hold the fan together Ive tried tightening them but they re pretty much as tight as can get There appears to be screws holding the fan into the mobo but they re are like plastic caps on top of them I m kind of afraid to try and pry off at least until someone tells me to do so Does this sound like a defective mobo or just something that needs some tightening Thanks nbsp

A:My mobo fan makes the most horrible buzzing noise....

Seems to me like the thing just needs a little grease It's easy enough to do. Just remove the fan, take the sticker off the front, take off the little round cover with a flat-tip screwdriver or something of the sort, then add some type of grease (WD-40 has even worked for me, if you can get it in there without a mess) to the little the hole. Put the little round cover back on, re-apply the sticker and screw it back on.

Or, just buy another chip fan thats the same size, they're pretty cheap.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-mobo-fan-makes-the-most-horrible-buzzing-noise.107509/
Relevancy 59.34%

My speakers are always buzzing on my Vista machine even though there is no program emitting sound through the speakers. It's like the speakers are always on. I have to manually unplug them for the sound to go away. Is this a compatibility issue with Vista?
I use an Altec Lansing external speakers. They are a bit older and I was using them before on my XP machine.

A:Buzzing Sound On Speakers On Vista Machine

I had a similar problem, but mine was like a dull popping sound. It turned out to be some radio interference from a HAM radio. Have a look around and see if there are and CB or UHF radio antenna in your area. I have sinced moved from this area and the popping has gone.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/164049/buzzing-sound-on-speakers-on-vista-machine/