Windows Support Forum

How fast of a cpu can my ASUS CUV4X mobo support???

Q: How fast of a cpu can my ASUS CUV4X mobo support???

How fast of a cpu can my ASUS CUV4X mobo support???
I need to know ASAP!!!

Thanks

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: How fast of a cpu can my ASUS CUV4X mobo support???

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 100.62%

Hello all, My question relates to this motherboard -Asus cuv4x-c.
The orignal psu did burn out, I pulled it apart to find scorch marks around some of the components I dont know the history of this board I assume this is a power surge problem!?
I connected it to 500w Gigatech atx, connected the cvd-rw, harddrive, floppy and power supply to the board itself. Switched on the power and no l.e.d s lit, the fan in the power supply started but the fan on the proccessor did not, there are no other fans in this box. On inspection of the board( after dissconecting from power) there seems to be no obvious signs of burnt out parts, none of the Solder has melted or scorched, the circuit board looks intact.
What is the best way forward here- test with multi meter perhaps, what else should I be looking for?? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

A:Asus cuv4x-c. mobo wont power up.

My guess is that you've had a power surge or lightning strike that has fried both the powersupply and the motherboard. This can also happen if you plug something into the board (e.g. a PCI card, or stick of RAM) while power is applied to it, as this may short it out. There don't necessarily have to be any visible scorch marks on the board for it to have been damaged by a surge, the powersupply took the brunt of it. Do you have insurance?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-cuv4x-c-mobo-wont-power-up.705700/
Relevancy 77.83%

If my motherboard supports 1.5GB of ram, can I install three 512mb SDRAM memory chips?

I have the ASUS CUV4X with three memory banks. My custom build system came with 256mb ( two 128mb chips ) of ram and I added a 256mb chip into the third slot about 5 months ago. Now that I am running XP Pro and ram is very cheap, I want to scrap all of the ram and install three 512mb chips.

Any advice, comments, suggestions? Even at $50 per 512mb SDRAM, am I wasting time and money? I've always thought you can't possibly have too much ram.....

A:Asus CUV4X & Ram

The ram should work with the board but.

Unless you do graphics work, rendering, it's really not need, 512 is enough for just about anything else.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-cuv4x-ram.61654/
Relevancy 76.97%

Just got a used Asus board and a PIII 866MHZ socket 370.. The problem i'm having is that it seems like the Processor is overheating. Therefore not booting up probably and sometimes freezing in the bios setup screen.. The reason I think it's over heating is because when I look at the Hardware monitor in the bios setup, the CPU temperature is pretty high and the color is red.. I've set the core voltage to 1.7, it's also being detected as an 866MHZ.. Is it possible that I need a bigger fan for the CPU or something? It is a fan for a socket 370 board and the fan is running.. Any suggestions would be appreciated..
Thanks!

A:help with Asus CUV4X and PIII 866

nevermind, I didn't realise I needed thermal paste...
First time installing a socket 370 chip.. Son of a...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-with-asus-cuv4x-and-piii-866.353037/
Relevancy 76.11%

OK so I m kinda miffed at Asus at this moment can t download a manual to a motherboard I am working with Anyways bought my GF a CD R W drive for her b-day and she tried to install it herself She didn t get past breaking the power switch to the computer case before I stepped in Anyways power switch beyond easy repair didn t feel like farting around with fixing that so I just went out and bought a new case Hooked everything up powered up and nothing I figured I mis wired the power switch to the motherboard almost impossible to figure out on this MB Looks like I missed one pin moved the wires over one pin and powered up again This time power switch works and I get the green status light on CUV4X Asus motherboard questions the MB The cd Drives register and I can hear the HD spin up but no boot doesn t even seem to POST Asus CUV4X motherboard questions no beeps nothing No video nadda Took it all down to just the computer and the HD and still nothing beyond power up and I can hear the Asus CUV4X motherboard questions HD spin up And power off seems AFU now I have to hard power down at the power supply to turn it off If anyone has the pin outs for this motherboard so I can get power and the HD light and all that sorted out Or if anyone has the PDF manual Also do you think I may have killed the MB I sure hope not can t afford another computer right now If you decide to email me I am at email protected Thanks John K nbsp

Relevancy 76.11%

Need to install 4-1 driver for chipset. Tried to install ver 437 had no luck with it. It looks like when the hardware wizard tries to install the driver for "Via VT83C572/VT82C586 PCI to USB Universal Host Controller" it can not find it because it asks for Win 98 CD. Has anyone run in to this problem? Tried to get support from place that i bought this M/B from but they are baffled. They wanted me to upgrade my Bios but i said that will be my last option.

Running Win 98 ver 4.10.1998
Celeron 1 ghz
video card- NVDIA RIVA TNT2 MODEL 64/MODEL 64 PRO

A:Asus CUV4X-E BIOS VER 1003

your question is a bit vague

when installing a new driver it is often the case that you need the original windows 95 or 98 or 98se or millenium disk to fully install the driver
if it asks for the windows disc just insert in cd rom

you might have to point in the right direction but just use the browse radio button to guide it towards your cd drive

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-cuv4x-e-bios-ver-1003.67226/
Relevancy 73.53%

I have a 1 gighertz machine
pentium 3
CUV4x-e mother board
recently bought a geforce fx 5500 video card 128 meg memory

video card is AGP

When I plug it the Geforce card into the AGP slot and turn on my computer. computer will not boot up, see nothing on the screen. please advice how i can get it working.

I have a 120 gig segate hD
i have bios update 1005 beta 5

A:Asus cuv4x-e geforce fx 5500 video card(geforce4)

..the VGA cable from the monitor is plugged into the new gfx card isn't it? rather than the onboard vga port it presumably must have been plugged in before you fitted the card? Or have you changed gfx cards from one to another?

Is the hard disk light on the case showing any activity when your pc is switched on? Can you hear it humming away while its booting up, but just can't see anything onscreen?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-cuv4x-e-geforce-fx-5500-video-card-geforce4.286347/
Relevancy 64.93%

Asus CUV4X power led flash at power-on
I recently do a BIOS update (with failed flash verification) and I am trying to rescue my system. Now the system HW power-on (no video image) and the power-led blink. I'm parallel looking for a (new) programmed ASUS EEPROM but is hard!
Someone one know what this mean (one meaning I know: go on the 4th floor, open the windows and through the MB out!).

Ciao
Maurizio

A:Asus CUV4X power led flash at power-on

Hi and welcome. One reason I do not recommend bios flashes

If you can't find the chip, I think you're looking at a new motherboard.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-cuv4x-power-led-flash-at-power-on.324646/
Relevancy 60.2%

This problem has the configuration listed in my system specs below which have just changed recently My OCZ Vertex died RMA'ed but sold and replaced with the Transcend SSD quot SATAIII GB Also sold my GPU Now trying to get everything back on track I reinstalled my OS on the SSD but I can't for the life of me get the HDMI working When reinstalling I knew it was normal onboard mobo Mobo HD - HDMI? ATI detecting not Radeon ASUS 4250 for only my Dell CRT to show up via its VGA connection but then the main ViewSonic HD monitor never came on I finally realized it wasn't responding to anything The ViewSonic HD monitor is the only thing plugged in right now on both VGA amp HDMI but Mobo not detecting HDMI? - ATI Radeon HD 4250 onboard ASUS mobo will only work on the VGA It had been working fine before the OCZ SSD died No VGA problems The onboard ATI Radeon Mobo not detecting HDMI? - ATI Radeon HD 4250 onboard ASUS mobo HD is fully updated and all the drivers are installed and updated to the best of my knowledge There is an update for the BIOS on the ASUS website that I had never installed ever but the only change from before was the SSD so that should not matter I've even made sure I installed the specific driver for the monitor from the disc it came with I tried playing around in BIOS and for once no matter what graphics device order I set i e IGPX-PCI-GPX-etc it always reverted to the mobo's VGA And obviously Device Manager is showing no yellow question marks and is generally no help right now Again there is NO longer a standalone GPU video card in this system just the ASUS M A TD-V EVO USB 's onboard internal graphics ATI Radeon HD Is there something I'm missing Anything I could possibly try Any ideas FYI I knew my OS image was horribly out of date so I didn't bother trying to reinstall that Also since the GB size of the SSD is smaller now wouldn't it not work anyway Well that's moot

A:Mobo not detecting HDMI? - ATI Radeon HD 4250 onboard ASUS mobo

It's plausible that your HDMI port on your MOBO is dead. Is it possible to obtain a GPU and try it's HDMI port?
It could be your monitor as well, do you have access to anything else supporting HDMI and see if your monitor connects?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/252936-mobo-not-detecting-hdmi-ati-radeon-hd-4250-onboard-asus-mobo.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Does ATI cards conflict with this mobo?
ASUS A8V DELUXE Socket 939 VIA K8T800 Pro ATX AMD Motherboard
I heard there would be 'cause the mobo is a VIA. Is that true?
Should the mobo conflict with any of these below and forgive me for the video in a CPUs, Chipsets and Mobos board,
SAPPHIRE Radeon 9550 256MB 128-bit DDR AGP 4X/8X Video Card and or
ATI All-In-Wonder Radeon X800XT 256MB 256-bit GDDR3 VIVO AGP 4X/8X

A:ASUS mobo in conflict with ATI cards? (reaschering the mobo)

Have you asked ati yet? Read what the mobo manufacturer has to say about it?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-mobo-in-conflict-with-ati-cards-reaschering-the-mobo.30766/
Relevancy 59.34%

Tried to get HP support to give some similar board model from ASUS own models so I could get the correct Asus AI Suite to control fans read system info The similar Asus model they gave didn t even have the same chipset I m not sure if that truly matters as far as their AI Suite working correctly Just need a reliable program to adjust case fan speeds a bit / similar model HP with Asus reference Cross mobo Asus Simpler is better Does anyone know Cross reference HP / Asus mobo with similar Asus model how I can cross the HP Asus board w some similar model on Asus site to get the correct version of AI Suite If no to suggestions on reliable prgms that will allow controlling fan speeds Fairly sure this mobo has the ability to adjust fans st tried SpeedFan - no options to adjust any fans reports them but MSI Afterburner had no trouble adjusting GPU fan None of several socket boards I looked at on Asus site had G chipset The info HP has for this mobo Cross reference HP / Asus mobo with similar Asus model is Manufacturer s motherboard name Asus IPIBL-TX HP Compaq name Burbank-GL E Form Factor Micro-ATX cm inches x cm inches Cross reference HP / Asus mobo with similar Asus model Chipset Intel G Front-side bus speed MHz processor dependent Processor upgrade information Socket type Thanks nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cross-reference-hp-asus-mobo-with-similar-asus-model.167486/
Relevancy 58.91%

Connecting asus spdif module to asus p4b mobo

sorry i also posted this in the audio section but maybe this is a better place to post it

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ok went out and bought an asus spdif out module for my puter - the mobo has spdif 6 pin connector on board

problem is module only has 3 pin connector

anyone know how to connect

module has pins 1,2,& 3 says 1& 2 for green header (ac97) and 2&3 for black header pci audio

mobo has spidf out +5v spdif in
ground ground

on the 6 pin connector (1 pin missing)

do i connect spdif out & ground or spdif out & +5v?? don't want to fry the module

Thanks 4 your help
Ken

A:Connecting asus spdif module to asus p4b mobo

same problem with a7n8x deluxe

hello karmstrong, i just got my spdif out module today (optical & co-ax) and have the same problem with my a7n8x deluxe. 5 pin socket on the board, three on the module. i suppose we need a different module? if anyone has any suggestions, i'd be very much obliged...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connecting-asus-spdif-module-to-asus-p4b-mobo.20948/
Relevancy 58.91%

ok went out and bought an asus spdif out module for my puter - the mobo has spdif 6 pin connector on board

problem is module only has 3 pin connector

anyone know how to connect

module has pins 1,2,& 3 says 1& 2 for green header (ac97) and 2&3 for black header pci audio

mobo has spidf out +5v spdif in
ground ground

on the 6 pin connector (1 pin missing)

do i connect spdif out & ground or spdif out & +5v?? don't want to fry the module

Thanks 4 your help
Ken

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connecting-asus-spdif-module-to-asus-p4b-mobo.20939/
Relevancy 58.48%

Summary I am putting this in the UX51VZ-IS71T: on Asus Asus Question Support? general forum section and please bear with me I had posted earlier a thread about my Asus Ultrabook backlit keyboard Asus UX51VZ-IS71T: Question on Asus Support? not illuminated Thank you all that have responded to that post but nothing worked I ended up sending in my Asus for RMA and warranty repairs Here is where the fun starts I first made my case with Asus and they informed me that my Serial Number was invalid I told them that it is wrong as I bought the Laptop from MemoryLabs com which is a Certified Asus Re-seller It even posts their name on Asus UX51VZ-IS71T: Question on Asus Support? their website in quot Where to Buy Asus quot Please do not take this as racist or anything derogative but the Asus support staff are all located in India and there is no way to talk to a person in America The repair facility is also contracted out to a company called BizCom in Milpitas California Now the men and women who work at the support center in India do their best but to my understanding they are a separate company working to just take calls Same with the BizCom company which they are great but again contracted so there is nobody who works for Asus or knows Asus's RMA system My laptop has been sitting at the repair center with no updates from Asus When I contact the support center directly they said the Serial Number was Invalid and that they had to talk to Asus about the warranty service I though Asus already fixed this when I sent them my Invoice of the Laptop and that it was a certified Reseller My Question Has anyone ever had this experience with Asus before Is there a number to talk to someone in America What would you do in this situation as this is my first RMA service and unaware of what is normal

A:Asus UX51VZ-IS71T: Question on Asus Support?

I had correspondence with ASUS via e-mail. It was a while ago now, I think it was a link on their web site. It was a waist of time really. I wasn't impressed. Replies took forever and the answers seemed to be scripted responses. I eventually just gave up asking any more questions. My issue was with creating recovery media. At that time there was no way of creating a recovery disk set in Windows 8.0. The utility I was referred to only worked in Windows 7. It became a non issue when I put an SSD in my laptop and did a clean install of 8.0.

Most of those contracted out call centers go by a flow chart. Ask this question, if the answer is yes, take this branch, if its no, take this other branch. The person asking you the questions may have no technical background at all. As soon as you say I don't know, your basically screwed. Assuming you can actually understand what they are saying. I'm not racist, but I don't think its unreasonable to be able to talk to somebody that is fluent in my native language. It seems to be the luck of the draw sometimes. I've had some that I could understand easily, and some that were almost impossible to understand.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/58716-asus-ux51vz-is71t-question-asus-support.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Does Asus P6T or Asus P6T SE support Triple Channel in Memory (RAM) ?
What's difference between Asus P6T and Asus P6T SE ? Which one you guys suggest ?

Relevancy 55.04%

I need a manual for this motherboard ASAP. Like and online version.

intel e210882

help fast

Thanks

Relevancy 55.04%

I came home, pc is off. Try rebooting it. Starts for like half a second. led's go on then die same as fan. I turn off the PSU, same poop happens. So I think Ok maybe my start buttons messed, replaced it with tinfoil, same poop happened. odd thing is my idle lights on my motherboard still light up, but when I hit the power button it dies out but those lights stay on.

I have a evga 680i motherboard so I am sort of leaning towards the power supply because I would expect to receive an error message on the mother board right?...Usually evga is good with things like this.

Relevancy 55.04%

As the title say I need a mobo driver fast.
At the moment I'm looking at you in 16 colours with an 640x480 res.
The board is a Via I think, main number is MS-6368.
I can't find a system driver for this.
I've installed 98 but don't have, as I say, the mobo driver can anyone bail me out on this?

Relevancy 54.61%

My volume for cds work, I tried to play a dvd and I hear no sound. I'm pretty sure I have it set up right. I've tried playing it in windows media player, and some other software. Still no sound.

A:Fast Support Please? (DVD Volume)

your probably missing some codecs
http://www.free-codecs.com/download/...Codec_Pack.htm

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/fast-support-please-dvd-volume-191705.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I have bought Intel 630 Pentium 4 HT 2Mb L2 800MHz LGA775 prescott Processor, Kingstone 512 MB 400Mhz Ram, 40 Gb Seagate baracoda 7200RPM HDD, MSI 6600Gt NX6600Gt TD128E SLI pci-e. I have selected ASUS Motherboard P5RD1-V http://www.asus.com/prog/spec.asp?m=P5RD1-V&langs=01

I want to ask that does this mobo support EM64bit tecnology? Does this mobo support all my purchased items?

I have one more option
Buy ASUS P5RD1-V or Intel D915GAV ?
Intel Motherboard D915GAV http://www.intel.com/design/motherbd/av/index.htm

Does D915GAV support both EM64T and Enhanced Intel speedstep technology?

A:Does ASUS P5RD1-V support EM64T? Buy ASUS P5RD1-V OR Intel D915GAV Motherboard?

Hmmm?

I'm not too sure about mixing up the nVidia cards in sli with
the ATIŪRADEON XPRESS 200
ULIŪM1573
I would research this board further.

The IntelŪ Desktop Board D915GAV on the other hand
seems to have what you've asked for:
EM64bit and sli and the Enhanced Intel speedstep...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/does-asus-p5rd1-v-support-em64t-buy-asus-p5rd1-v-or-intel-d915gav-motherboard.32360/
Relevancy 54.18%

I thought i would make a title like that beause everybody will come and look So i thought i might give it a try Need Extremely Fast. Serious Support, Urgent! Lately when i had to get my Windows XP repaired none of the hardware was installed and so i did that manually All was perfect until i came to my video card install I installed it via the disk and it told me to restart my PC so i did just that Everything loaded fine until it hit the User Selection screen After that it Need Serious Support, Fast. Extremely Urgent! said that a Win application a DLL file was not recognized by the system and that error screen would appear twice but with different files The screen was black i could successfully move the mouse and i could see the mouse on the screen After that day i had to repair Windows XP by myself manually It took about minutes to complete the operation it told me to Need Serious Support, Fast. Extremely Urgent! put in various disks and did so but it did not manage to locate the file it wanted to find So i just pressed Cancel Now it was back and i installed everything BUT the video card It said in the Need Serious Support, Fast. Extremely Urgent! System Tray that new hardware was found and required attention So i let Windows Install it automatically Safely Now whenever i go to switch user a blue screened error appears and has something to do with ati dll So i would like to know how to repair this error relating to the video card I have included a memory dump file which had been created by the Physical Memory Dump on the Blue Screened error nbsp

Relevancy 53.75%

Tommorow is black friday and im going to buy a new motherboard for my PC. I know that i have to do a clean install of windows xp (meaning i loose all of my data right?), so i was thinking of buying a new hard drive. My question is, i have alot of programs in my old hard drive (the one i'll be using as a slave), will i be able to use them? For example, I have the latest mcaffee, will i have to reinstall that in my new HD so that it can protect my computer? or will everythin be fine the way they are?

Will it be ok for me to buy an external HD and use that as a master?
Would you reccomend it?

What do you recommend me doing? I.e buy a new hd, clean install, etc.

ps. HAPPY THANKS GIVING GUYS

A:I need a fast reply (mobo and hard drive)

When you reinstall windows you dont lose any files because they are saved up in your HD... so if you use the old as a slave and use a better one for master then you can just file transfer them to each other,

Also... I personaly think Mcaffee sucks =P

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-need-a-fast-reply-mobo-and-hard-drive.63649/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi, Yester did i did Rebot my computer. before that. i had a custom built in graphic card (EAH5750). Well. when i did start up my computer again i got a ''error'' after a while. It said that there where no driver found or bla bla bla. so i need a driver for my graphic card. please help me. i cant play anything without it. and thats what i have my computer for. please help me fast any1. i just need a quick driver to download without trouble. been searching on internet for drivers for like a half our. at the support.asus.com webbsite and google. so i realy cant find any fast download link, without paying **** and stuff. D:

A:Need Driver for Asus EAH5750 (FAST)

Hey Madag,

Try visiting DriverAgent - Device Driver Downloads, Updates, and Scans

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/need-driver-for-asus-eah5750-fast-546111.html
Relevancy 52.46%

My GigaByte Mobo (see system spec) was purchased in 2010. I'm considering buying an SSD for the system and I want to be sure my hardware supports it using AHCI mode. When AHCI is enabled I see the following verbiage displayed during the hardware boot cycle before the OS begins to load:
Serial ATA AHCI BIOS, Version iSrc 1.20E
Copyright (c) 2003-2008 Intel Corporation
** This version supports only Hard Disk and CDROM drives **
The part that worries me is the last sentence where it says "...supports only Hard Disk and CDROM drives"
Does this mean the mobo does not support an SSD?

A:Mobo SSD Support?

I have a Gigabyte mobo purchased in 2009 that shows the same message during boot.

It works flawlessly with a Samsung 830 SSD in AHCI mode, running Windows 7.

Not 100% guaranteed, but I think you will not have any problems running an SSD in AHCI mode.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/385657-mobo-ssd-support.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I have a Chaintech VNF4 mobo from 05 that has a AMD 3000+ processor on it. I'm thinking about upgrading to the 4400+ X2's since they are pretty cheap. Will it support X2 as long as it's the same socket type?

MOBO: http://www.anandtech.com/mb/showdoc.aspx?i=2465&p=9

Proc: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103543

A:Does my mobo support X2?

The board will support X2 cpu's providing you update the bios.
You will need to do this before you change the cpu

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/does-my-mobo-support-x2.651020/
Relevancy 52.46%

Will the Shuttle AK10 AMD Socket A Motherboard be able to handle a Duron 1200????

How bout an Athlon 1000?????????

Relevancy 52.46%

Hey everyone!
I want to know if G.SKILL [ RipjawsX ] F3-12800CL10S-8GBXL(8Gx1) / F3-12800CL10D-16GBXL(8Gx2) RAM supports MSI Z77 MPOWER Motherboard

I searched in both support list and I didn't find, but I think it supports each other because the RAM is DDR3-1600 and this Motherboard support DDR3-1600, but I want to be sure!

NOTE: I want also to know if there is different between buying 2x8G or 1x8G (If I want to buy each one from different store with the same name) or there is no different?

NOTE 2: I will buy Intel Core i7-3770k CPU for my Mobo

Thanks!
addas

A:Need to know the RAM that support the Mobo that I will buy!

First, I think that having 16GB of ram is completely useless. Second, if you are going with Ripjaws, you are mostly an amateur gamer, but I am sorry if I'm being stereotypical. If I'm right, I am sure you don't do lots of multitasking, or video and sound editing, making 16gb of ram just a waste, Two 4GB sticks, or 4 2gb sticks would do wonder with dual channel.

Third, if your motherboard RAM compatibility list does not show the ram you are buying, don't risk it. Ask someone directly from the company, or buy ram that shows as supported. Ripjaws don't do anything that other RAM sticks cannot do and will show any difference.

However if you are just going for looks, just doublecheck with an MSI CSA to see if it would be compatible with the board even if it doesn't show in the list.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/262425-need-know-ram-support-mobo-i-will-buy.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello,

I have a Biostar 6100-m9 (not T-Force) and I have just ordered an AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ CPU (E6 Toledo Core). I cannot find anything in my motherboard manual that mentions anything about this specific CPU.

Thanks for your help on this urgent matter,

Viroshan

A:Will my Mobo support this CPU?

Well it looks like it will support it...

http://www.biostar-usa.com/mbdetails.asp?model=geforce+6100-m9

From that page on the right hand side under product info click on CPU support...it looks like this mobo will support up to AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/will-my-mobo-support-this-cpu.612488/
Relevancy 52.46%

If mobo supports ddr2 800 would it be a problem putting in ddr2 667

Mobo -

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813127235

Ram - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820227047

A:mobo ram support

Yes, that would be fine. If a mobo supports a certain RAM speed, anything at or below that speed will work fine as long as it is the right kind of RAM, in your case, DDR2.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mobo-ram-support.59169/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello guys I am going to buy a ram for my desktop pc but this i am buying from online store so i want to confirm if it supports on my motherboard or not Desktop Board Specs DDR mhz with Dual Channel RAM Support having two memery slots Mercury PIG T- Board Kobian BrandRadeon installed on PCIEx Having GB RAM installed currently I found some cheap rams can you once check and which one should work and support on my board Dynet DDR GB Mhz RAM - Buy RAM Online Best Price on Snapdeal comTranscend GB DDR RAM JM QLU- G - Buy RAM Online Best Price on Snapdeal comDynet DDR GB Mhz RAM - Buy RAM Online Best Price on RAM ? this Does my [Q] support Mobo Snapdeal comKingston GB DDR RAM KVR D N G - Buy RAM Online Best Price [Q] Does my Mobo support this RAM ? on Snapdeal com Any help appreciated suggest me some tips Thanks Regards Ankur P S Sorry if external link is not allowed here but this is the situation of spending money

A:[Q] Does my Mobo support this RAM ?

Are both memory slots taken right now?

And that RAM is supported by your motherboard but it is a higher speed than your current ram, something like this would do the trick. With your currency I believe the price for this would be Rs 1879.30.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/44073-q-does-my-mobo-support-ram.html
Relevancy 52.46%

i have a fic az31 mobo, could someone please tell me what the
max speed duron cpu i could use, i have gotten different info from
amd, the mobo manual says 600-750, but on the same hand they also say that a 800 is compatible and i've read that you can even
use a 1000 duron. is the latter with a bios flash or upgrade ?
thanks

Relevancy 52.46%

Hello guys, my younger brother got a computer a while ago its a Packard Bell iStart 2311, the thing is its starting to run really slowly as it only has 1gb ram with 256mb being used by the graphics card. The thing is I do not know if it supports 2gb in each slot or only 1gb.

I can get 2x2gb for a very good price but not sure if each slot takes 2gb.

The motherboard according the PB website is a MCP61PM-AM . Even if someone can tell me the real name of it or who manufactures it. I have tried google searches but came back with nothing but people wanting to overclock there systems.
All replies appreciated!

Thanks H

Relevancy 52.03%

Hey guys This is kind of embarrassing Despite being a very seasoned PC user I have never ever used a SATA HDD Always mobo HDD? support a SATA my Does IDE My old machine I custom built back in had been retired a few years ago due to a crashed hard drive I was able to score a GB Western Digital WD ABYS but I was surprised that it Does my mobo support a SATA HDD? was SATA when installing it because I didn t have a cable to connect it with nor do I see one on the motherboard So basically I have no experience installing this Is SATA better than IDE somehow I would just like a summary of the differences and more importantly some guidance on what I need to purchase I tried researching my Shuttle AK S E mobo to see if it was even compatible and if I would need one of those cables or the entire adapter Needless to say I didn t find much info available on it I heard these adapters slow it down which implies IDE is better than SATA to me Most of the ones available on Amazon had bad reviews How do I install this without any drawbacks Do I need a new mobo or is there an easy way to make it work and continue to use this mobo that s still in fine working order nbsp

Relevancy 52.03%

Hello SF members,

I see today uEFI is very popular, a lot of people use it...
I have ASUS P8H61-M LX2 (it have modern BIOS utility, etc. ).

So, does my mobo support uEFI?

And what is pros and cons of uEFI? I found that I need GPT formated HDD and GPT isn't recommend for HDD who have less than 2.2TB.

If my mobo support it, does I need anything other?

Trinty

A:Does my mobo support uEFI?

uefi are the modern kinds of BIOS. They are better than older generation BIOS and their more obvious feature is that they have fancy graphics, they don't look like old DOS stuff. Most other things are "better" but from a customer point of view, there isn't a lot to talk about. It supports newer standards like GPT, and other modern stuff that wasn't possible with older generations of BIOS.

As for what you are saying about GPT, afaik UEFI can boot from GPT drives, but work fine with normal (MBT) drives as well. Who said that you need to use only GPT?

According to the product specs here, your BIOS is uefi already.

In any case, you can do nothing about it, as it's the manufacturer that decides what BIOS each board will have.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/272873-does-my-mobo-support-uefi.html
Relevancy 52.03%

i have an asrock dual 915 gl mobo.

does it support ddr2 ram.
i have a pentium 4,128 mb nvidia 6600gt and 1gb ddr1 ram

A:does my mobo support ddr2 ram

http://www.asrock.com/mb/overview.asp?Model=775Dual-915GL&s=775

Memory
- Dual Channel DDR memory technology
- Supports DDR400/333
- DIMM slots: 2
- Max. capacity: 2GB

Sorry, but only DDR (1) up to 400 =)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/does-my-mobo-support-ddr2-ram.75691/
Relevancy 52.03%

I have a socket 370, ASUS cuv4x mobo, and I have a socket 370 466MHz celeron processor. Will that processor work in this mobo?

Help

Thanks

Relevancy 52.03%

My new core duo laptop starts extremely slowww It hangs very long at the windows boot screen Even on a new windows install the blue bar in the boot screen goes back and forward times I have installed windows on many computers Asus Fast Windows Boot On Slow Laptop much slower than this asus laptop amp a new windows should start a lot faster I have already tried the following - install all drivers from cd-rom makes it even slower which is normal - run services msc and msconfig to to remove unnecessary startup - defragment - windows update dual core hotfix Slow Windows Boot On Fast Asus Laptop - asus live update - countless tweaks - disable some hardware network Slow Windows Boot On Fast Asus Laptop cards wlan infrared - formatted reinstalled windows xp pro times - the original windows media center was t very satisfying either Ones windows is started all runs smoothly but minutes startup time is way to long for this laptop amp very annoying Its a superb laptop damn it Why is it taking so long to start thank you for your support specs asus laptop a jn series core duo t ghz Mb ram win xp pro version sp gb HD

A:Slow Windows Boot On Fast Asus Laptop

Try this tool - but be aware that it has limited success: http://www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=664Otherwise, try this troubleshooting guide:http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/44690/slow-computer/Also, these links may come in handy:http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308041http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechn.../c29621675.mspxhttp://labmice.techtarget.com/windowsxp/Tr...gXP/startup.htmhttp://redmondmag.com/features/article.asp?EditorialsID=133

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/76977/slow-windows-boot-on-fast-asus-laptop/
Relevancy 52.03%

Geforce 6600 or Neo2 865PE-S mobo
Please help, I've looked everywhere to disable my fast write on my mobo. When I had an ATI 9800 it was in the Smartgart setting, but my Geforce has no such, so I figured it would be in bios. The only thing in bios under chipset was changing my Apeture Size for my vid card. Anyone know any windows programs or anything that I can use to disable. I believe Fastwrite is the cause of some stuttering I get in games. I used Aida32 and it showed that my mobo supports it and is enabled.
Anyhelp will do.
Thanking in advanc
USER100

A:Need help disabling Fast Write from Geforce 6600 or Neo2 865PE-S mobo

bump bump bump bump

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-disabling-fast-write-from-geforce-6600-or-neo2-865pe-s-mobo.25665/
Relevancy 51.6%

hi m8s, might be able to get a p4 pe board and 512 mb ram cheap. would that be a decent enough board to begin with. your comments would be of great help. also there is a ati radeon 9600 pro graphics card going for Ģ60 is that reasonable. the card is a month old. and the board is 6weeks old. cheers. regards. gboy.

A:asus mobo

welcome to tsg

do u have the processor yet?
if u do, check if the processor is compatible with the mobo

if u dont have the processor yet, first make sure u can get one/ afford one whatever

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-mobo.179013/
Relevancy 51.6%

I have an asus p4s533, I need to find the serial number on it, but asus says its located on the box, which is now long gone. There are like 5 stickers on the mobo with numbers and bar code on them, anyone know if one is the serial number, and if so, which one is it and where is it located?

Hope someone can help.
-Dan

A:Asus MOBO ?

download Aida 32 it will tell you the serial number of the mobo under " computer/DMI/Motherboard"

http://www.aida32.hu/aida-download.php?bit=32

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-mobo.6922/
Relevancy 51.6%

I just ordered this Mobo with a 3400 AMD chip. It offers SATA raid. I'm not familiar with raid other than I know it offers a way to back up your system. Where can I get an explanation of what Raid is all about, in particular the Raid that is on this Mobo?

Thanks,

Sherm

A:Asus A8V Mobo

Brief RAID reading: http://www.acnc.com/04_01_00.html
Click on the RAID levels to see the features of each. Your board only doe RAID-0 or RAID-1. RAID-0 is for performance, RAID-1 is for data redundancy(backup).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-a8v-mobo.327413/
Relevancy 51.6%

I would like to upgrade to Windows Vista Premium 32bit. I have an A8N-SLI-SE motherboard.
Can you please tell me if vista drivers are available for this board? I cannot find them anywhere!

Thanks in advance

A:ASUS A8N-SLI SE Mobo

go here and look under others and ATK

http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?modelname=A8N-SLI SE&SLanguage=en-us

thats the only ones i can find

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-a8n-sli-se-mobo.88471/
Relevancy 51.6%

Have a friend/has a comp that Everest(Aida32) IDd the mobo as Asus ME-99VM/Mes-VM. Well we finally figured it out, ME-99VM is one kind of mobo, and Mes-VM is another kind of mobo, and Everest is seeing his mobo as either/or. Does anyone know what the diff between the two is?, it has a 500mgh Intel Celeron(IDd by Everest) in it now, and he was wanting to see what he could upgrade that to. Thanks for any help.

Relevancy 51.6%

I am wondering which is the better buy? For temperature, lifetime, and stability, as it seems both have similar specs. thank you so much for your opinions.

this is the Asus board

http://usa.asus.com/products/mb/socket939/a8v-e-d/overview.htm
This is the MSI board

http://www.msicomputer.com/product/p_spec.asp?model=K8N_Neo4_Platinum&class=mb

Relevancy 51.6%

undefined

I'm trying to upgrade my AMB Ath 550 on an ASUs K7M MBoard, Slot A, 200 mghz FSb. I'm try to get the fastest cpu for the least amount of money that will work on my current MB. The ASUS manual states that the board is designed for a 242 pin slot A module, PBGA. I have been researching the available cpu's on E-Bay but all the descriptions for Slot A units with 200mghz FSB state that the number of pins are 400+. Does Slot A have different spec's? Also, can I use a cpu with a greater FSB on this MB? Does PBGA have any significance?

Thanks for your help.

A:cpu for ASUS MOBO

The only cpu you can use on that motherboard is the athlon slot A processor. You might find a used processor on e-bay. I believe the fastest slot A that was made was an 850mhz. Depending on the revision of your board you may need to upgrade the BIOS to accept a processor of that speed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cpu-for-asus-mobo.226933/
Relevancy 51.6%

hey guys im trying to get an old machine built which i mobo ASUS P2B have just having trouble with the software part when i first built it i had two cdroms installed one wouldnt ope and the other one ASUS P2B mobo would anyways i booted from an xp disk and installed xp it ran slow so i decided to find a different os well i just got an ubuntu disk ive been waiting for so i decided to install it by this time i took out the cd drive that didnt open so i stuck in the ubuntu disk and booted up everything works fine RECOGNIZES the cd-rom as a cd drive boot sequence is setup as cd-rom first reads the cd-rom when posting but when it gets to the point to where it asks you to press any key to boot from cd the drive isnt spinning the light isnt blinking and then it says quot boot from cd failure quot WTF i can not figure out what just happened the only changes i made was pulling out the broken cd rom which ive tried booting from cd with it installed again added a network card which i tried boot from cd with it pulled out and put in a different power supply with more watts which i couldnt imagine that being the problem has anyone had a similar problem and fixed it its driving me crazy im going to try some more things later but if you could help that would be nice thank you working cd-rom is set up as master nbsp

A:ASUS P2B mobo

positive..... i ordered the ubuntu from ubuntu so its the disc they made and it worked in my pc. and the xp disc works to, my friend just installed it the other day and its not recognizing it. the weird thing though is if theres no cd in there it says failure instantly but when there is a disc in there it waits a minute or two then says failure. but the whole time the light isnt blinking and its transparent above the top spindle..... and its not spinning. i tried a different disk drive to. but their both older drives, so ill try and find a newer one somewhere.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-p2b-mobo.127812/
Relevancy 51.6%

anyone know where i can get an asus p4B mother board with2.0ghz processor, or even just the motherboard alone. i've been all over the net with no luck. not even anything on e-bay

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-mobo.328586/
Relevancy 51.6%

Have you guys and gals seen this new mainboard from asus http://usa.asus.com/prog/spec.asp?m=P5WD2 Premium&langs=09

A:New Asus mobo

I will take the new duel core Intel and look at that 8Gb ram max

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-asus-mobo.366670/
Relevancy 51.6%

Has anyone heard anything about the Asus PN5-E 650i SLI having problems such as BSOD or system crashes due to ram speeds over 800mhz? This board is supposed to support 1066 and 1333. I don't get why I'm having these problems, except when i run the ram at 667mhz. Someone please help.

Relevancy 51.6%

My motherboard (AMD Athlon 64 3000+, Venice, Socket 939, 1809.4 MHz (9.0 x 201.0 MHz)) doesn't like to be properly detected by all the online RAM tests, so I gotta figure out everything by hand. I dled cpuz..
it says under chipset:
Code:
Chipset
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Northbridge NVIDIA nForce4 rev. A3
Southbridge NVIDIA nForce4 MCP rev. A3
Graphic Interface PCI-Express
PCI-E Link Width x16
PCI-E Max Link Width x16
Memory Type DDR
Memory Size 512 MBytes
Memory Frequency 164.5 MHz (CPU/11)
now I think this is because i have 512 megabytes in there currently.. since it's listing the graphic interface i currently have in there rather than what it supports (yeah i know it sucks..). but i want to know if it will support a 1024 stick of ddr, cause it's actually cheaper and means i can upgrade more later.

the whole cpuz scan is here

thanks!

A:wil my mobo support a 1024 MB stick?

A phone number here you can try.
http://www.acsfactoryoutlet.com/ADA3000BPBOX-Standard.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wil-my-mobo-support-a-1024-mb-stick.601814/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello All ---

Looking at purchasing this board (Asus P4P800-E Deluxe) and want to use most/all of my existing hardware. Can someone tell me if it supports Single Channel Memory (i.e. PC3200). I am currently using Corsair XMS3200.

thanks for any and all replies.

Relevancy 51.6%

I plan to build a gaming dedktop. I'll be buying an MSI mobo whose link is below. I want to know 2 things:

1) Will this mobo be good enough for an Nvidia 1080?

2) For a PSU, how many watts will I need to run an Nvidia 1080 on it?
http://m.newegg.com/Product/index?it...76&PID=3938566

A:Will this Mobo Support an Nvidia 1080?

Originally Posted by xlook

I plan to build a gaming dedktop. I'll be buying an MSI mobo whose link is below. I want to know 2 things:

1) Will this mobo be good enough for an Nvidia 1080?

http://m.newegg.com/Product/index?it...76&PID=3938566

1. It should be.

2. Start with 450Watts but look at the specs for the card to assure the PSU is adequate, may need to go as high as 750Watts.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/55064-will-mobo-support-nvidia-1080-a.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I am considering upgrading my laptop cpu, but I am not sure what CPU upgrades are compatible with my board, and when I try to look I draw a complete blank.

My motherboard is:

Manufacturer Dell Inc.
Model 0YXXJJ
Version A09
Chipset Vendor Intel
Chipset Model Havendale/Clarkdale Host Bridge
Chipset Revision 18
Southbridge Vendor Intel
Southbridge Model HM57
Southbridge Revision 06
BIOS
Brand Dell Inc.
Version A09
Date 10/19/2010

A:How can you tell what CPU upgrade your laptop mobo can support?

BomberAF:

From my experience, I have not seen laptops that the cpu was not soldered onto the mb. But I could be wrong but most laptops require a heck of a lot of tools and experience to take them apart and put in a new cpu.

In the long run, it might be less aggrivation to just buy a new laptop as they are getting cheaper and cheaper.
You might want to let us know why you want to change the cpu?

Rich

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/171905-how-can-you-tell-what-cpu-upgrade-your-laptop-mobo-can-support.html
Relevancy 51.6%

1) Will this mobo support an Nvidia 1080?

MSI H110M Gaming LGA 1151 Intel H110 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard - Newegg.com

http://www.pchelpforum.com/pc-hardware/130117-will-mobo-support-nvidia-1080-a.html
Relevancy 51.6%

How to boot from USB-HDD even when your mobo dosent support it?

Basically i want to install an OS onto my ipod mini 4gb but my mobo does not support booting from a USB HDD, although it supports USB FDD and USB ZIP booting.

I was just wondering if there is a kind of "boot manager" like maybe on a bootable CD that will allow you to boot from a USB HDD (in my case my ipod mini 4gb).

If such i thing exists, which im pretty sure it does i just cant find it - could you please post the link to where i can download this "boot manager"

Thank you!

A:Hot to boot from USB-HDD even when your mobo dosent support it?

Nope.. No such thing. It would be a gigantic task to put together something that would know about all USB controllers in existence and would successfully mask all the relevant BIOS interrupts to make the USB HD to look like a real hard drive..

A BIOS update is your only hope.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hot-to-boot-from-usb-hdd-even-when-your-mobo-dosent-support-it.49040/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi,

I think that my MOBO can support this processor, but I just wanted to check.

I currently have a Intel Core 2 Duo E660 2.4GHz, with 2GB DDR2 533MHz RAM (2x1GB).
My MOBO is an ASUS P5N-E SLI.

(1)
I want to upgrade to an Intel Core 2 Extreme QX6700 2.66GHz Quad Core CPU. According to the ASUS website, my computer can support Quad core.

"
- Support IntelŪ next generation 45nm Multi-core CPU
- IntelŪ Quad-Core
"

(2)
I also wondered how much is the maximum RAM my MOBO can support (can I put in 2GB sticks in or just 4x1GB).

"
- Dual-channel DDR2 800/667/533
"

All help greatly appriciated in question #1 or #2.

A:Will my MOBO support a new processor and differnet RAM?

generally it is better just to stick with 2 sticks of ram. So go with 2 x 2gb if you want 4gb. (This is overkill for most applications). 2gb should be plenty.

You should not have any CPU upgrade issues, but you may require a BIOS update. Read: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic75555.html

read: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic65114.html before doing anything else.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/will-my-mobo-support-a-new-processor-and-differnet-ram.84765/
Relevancy 51.6%

I was thinking of buying the 400gb seagate drive but im not sure whether it would work with my motherboard? (an AsRock 775i65GV). How easy would the drive be to install and will i need to but any extras with the drive to get it working? Cheers

A:Will my MOBO support a SATA drive?

Well does your board have SATA ports on it. Then the next thing to check would be if it does have SATA ports on it is the drive that you have picked out SATA or SATA2, and what is supposed by the board you have

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/will-my-mobo-support-a-sata-drive.45865/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi,

bought these gigabyte ga-p35-s3

2GB (2x1GB) CorsairTwinX XMS2, DDR2 PC2-6400

I have them already ..... still waiting for cpu.

I can't really test them and was hoping someone could tell if this difference in voltages will cause incompatability issues. Nothing is open so I could send the memory back.

I checked the corsair memory configurator and they have no listing for my motherboard.
I checked the gigabyte website and my memory is not listed but the cas4 version is.

I honestly think I'm getting through nearly all the questions someone can ask before they start a build.

Thanks.

Relevancy 51.6%

I have an Asus A V X-X mobo in one of my systems Right now it has x MB PC modules in it I m thinking about adding some to increase total capacity I ve looked through the mobo manual and can t make sense of something Here is what is said about the memory capabilities of my mobo The motherboard has three DDR sockets that support up to GB unbuffered non-ECC PC DDR DIMMs And in another place it says How what kind can much memory support? and my mobo this DDR DIMM sockets These three -pin DIMM sockets support up to gigs system memory using unbuffered non-ECC PC DDR DIMMs Note PC maximum to banks only PC maximum to banks only I m confused I do understand that the mobo will support up to GB using PC memory What confuses me is the ability of the mobo to support PC and PC memory Right now I have MB of PC memory in my system x MB chips Is this information saying that if I add another PC stick of RAM the system won t recognize If so can you tell if it says that if I add a stick of PC memory it will or will not recognize it I m a How much memory and what kind can my mobo support? bit confused as you can see nbsp

Relevancy 51.17%

Bought an Asus Z8NA-D6C Dual Xeon motherboard and is now having problem to get it work. I tested psu, ram and even download the latest bios, the board just don't boot. I having been using a single cpu for testing at all times. Any idea from anyone? Please advise.

Relevancy 51.17%

Hi..

Recently purchased a new ASUS mobo (P5B-VM ver. 1.3) and Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 as the core of my new games system..

Everything went together well, was checked, checked and checked again... everything was technically sound.....

EXCEPT! it got past POST (Beep!) and there was nothing... no whizzes, pops or bangs... just silence!!!!

I had resisted in buying the mobo I was gonna buy cos I'd heard that some boards were incompatible, with Core 2 Duo processors, straight out of the box... they were compatible in a sense, just that they needed a BIOS update!!!

So am I one of ASUS' victims then!?!?! I had heard this has been a problem with various users, primarily owners of ver 1.3 mobo's across the whole board of ASUS mobo's.

So is the solution is to just put in another processor, download the BIOS and flash it then change my processor to my intended Core 2 Duo???

Many Thanks

Rob

A:Another ASUS mobo victim!?!?

Dunno, I've built over 100+ Asus systems (including three of your precise model) with absolutely no problems. Building systems requires some degree of savvy and technical know-how in order to investigate and troubleshoot common problems. Throw in the occasional bad or incompatible/cheap hardware (memory, cpu's, psu's, etc.etc.) and best practices overrule assumptions.

I've never had your issue with any revision BIOS in the P5B-VM series with C2D cpu's. As you hear a "beep", this means it is posting so it's something else you have confused or misconfigured. It has integrated video and you're supposed to connect to this for the first boot in order to then configure a discrete PCI-Express card (thus disabling the integrated).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/another-asus-mobo-victim.70410/
Relevancy 51.17%

Just built a new computer on the Asus X99-A/USB 3.1 mobo. I installed my GTX 980 GPU on the first 16x slot, and wanted to install the 750 add-in in the 16_4 (8x) slot. It hit the USB 3.0 Connection for my front panel, so this was not possible. Instead installed in the 16_3 (16x) slot. Problem is that the corner of the SSD PCB rests firmly upon the PCH heatsink. Looking for advice on how to manage this prior to starting up. Anyone who has solved this problem?

A:Intel 750 on Asus X99-A Mobo

Originally Posted by Submarine

Just built a new computer on the Asus X99-A/USB 3.1 mobo. I installed my GTX 980 GPU on the first 16x slot, and wanted to install the 750 add-in in the 16_4 (8x) slot. It hit the USB 3.0 Connection for my front panel, so this was not possible. Instead installed in the 16_3 (16x) slot. Problem is that the corner of the SSD PCB rests firmly upon the PCH heatsink. Looking for advice on how to manage this prior to starting up. Anyone who has solved this problem?

I've seen this problem on an older build and the best solution was a new motherboard. It's all about the layout of devices fastened to the board, a microATX board gives less possibilities than a full ATX board. Then I had to get a taller tower case to hold the full ATX board but it worked out better than I planned as I could add a second HDD without interfering with other things. A possibility with the full ATX board is some have 2 PCIe X16 slots.

http://www.tenforums.com/pc-custom-builds-overclocking/27668-intel-750-asus-x99-mobo.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello ok here s the skinny i was updating the bios of my Asus p c e-deluxe socket p ghz to the latest bios i used the convenient asus flash utility to install the bios without having to boot from floppy etc so i flashed the bios no prob rebooted and get nothing it just so turns out that it will only totally boot up about a third of the time and that no matter how many times i revert back to default mobo borkage asus settings in the bios every time i reboot it says quot overclocking has failed asus mobo borkage revert back to default settings quot or whaterver and im not overclocking it the slightest but get this since the flash my onboard nic has crapped out not like it has a red x on it no my computer doesnt evern realize it has a nic there is nothing in device manager or network connections about a nic so thats the disaster now i am going to try and boot from a floppy and install the bios the old fashion way see if that helps probably not so there it is if anyone can help that would be great im in a world of hurt nbsp

A:asus mobo borkage

Have you tried clearing the cmos? You mobo book will tell you how!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-mobo-borkage.59964/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi. Yesterday I received my new PC with a Z170-E Mother board and on description it says it has.

1x USB3.1
6x USB3.0
6x USB2.0

How ever I only see 2x 3.0 on the back and 2X 3.0 on top of the case. I also have 2x USB2.0
on the rear.

All I can see is 4X 3.0USB and 2 of those are on the case it self and 2X 2.0USB. Also I do have a x1 usb 3.1

Am I reading the description wrong or looking in a wrong place or are the others hidden?.?. Shouldn't I have 6 of each 2.0 and 3.0?.

Thanks for any help.

asus-z170-e-intel-z170-socket-1151-ddr4-atx-motherboard-mb-675-as

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/64346-asus-z170-e-mobo-x6-usb.html
Relevancy 51.17%

My buddy has a Asus - P4G8X mobo(533fsb) he's got a 3.06 p4 (800fsb) in it and the bio's is only letting him set it to 1500, when it post it reads 1500 as well, what would cause this to read this at only 1500 (1.5gig) i didn't think the FSB would cause it...Any help?

Thx a ton

A:Asus mobo question...

multiplier or the fsb could be set wrong. check in the BIOS to see what they're set at. i suggest getting a motherboard that supports his 800fsb or he wont be able to utilize the full potential of the processor. or, try checking for a BIOS update that would allow the 800fsb. if there isnt one then a new board would fix it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-mobo-question.11470/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi guys (and gals),

I've just built a new PC out of the following kit:

ASUS P5P43TD Pro motherboard
Intel Q6600 CPU with
8GB Kingston RAM (KVR1333D3N9K2/4G x 2)
Pair SATA 300GB HDD
Ati X1300 dual monitor graphics card
Coolermaster case with 750W PSU
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

All went reasonably during installation, with a couple of hangs, but completed successfully. Now, however, the setup is really unstable, with BSOD and hangs being too frequent for meaningful use. I saw another thread by josean777 in which he has virtually the same problems with another ASUS board, and also the brilliant reply by devidebyzero suggesting fixes. However, having downloaded the utils suggested, my motherboard is subtly different to josean777's. Does anyone have experience similar to mine?

Cheers,
TheValveDoctor

A:Asus mobo BSOD

Can you describe errors displayed by the BSOD's you are having?

To start with, have you ensured that your RAM is listed in QVL for this board, and is correctly configured (settings/voltage) in the BIOS?

Lastly, I hope someone from admins will move this thread to correct forum i.e. Windows BSOD, Freezing, Restarting Help

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-mobo-bsod.148205/
Relevancy 51.17%

Ok, so heres the deal. Recently my Asus K8N (AMD socket 754) mobo died on me (possibly becuase of a really bad thunderstorm here) and it left my computer completly useless. Since then I've got a new mobo (Asus A8V - AMD socket 939), a new chip, some more memory, and a new PSU. Here the problem. When I boot it up, it gets to the Win XP load screen and instantaniously restarts. I think this is because the drivers from my old board are conflicting with the new hardware.
My question:
Is there a way for me to get rid of the old drivers and install the new ones without formating my entire drive or buying another Asus K8N board? I really don't want to loose my files, programs, and settings.

Thanks in advance,
Mike S.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-mobo-problem.574666/
Relevancy 51.17%

Ok here's the story I have the Intel Core Duo E running at Ghz I would like to run it at Ghz stable and be able to run it at Ghz stable for gaming purposes I have read around the web of people being able to clock these chips to Gh with ease and some even have it going up at Ghz too So i am not very skilled when it comes OC'ing help ASUS Mobo E8400 with to OC'ing this will be my first OC Could some help OC'ing E8400 with ASUS Mobo help me out here I don't know too much about voltages and the other settings that go along side when OC'ing a cpu As of now all i have it change the FSB to acheive Ghz and above but unstable help OC'ing E8400 with ASUS Mobo Well any help would be great appreciated My Rig specs are on my profile for those of you who need it CPU Intel Core Duo E Mobo ASUS P N-T Deluxe RAM OCz Mhz PSU W Corsair VGA GTX SLI Please keep it very simple for me as i do not know the entire vocabulary when it comes to talking about OC So simple instructions please Thanks inadvance

A:help OC'ing E8400 with ASUS Mobo

First off you should google Overclocking and find as much about it as possible.

Right were ready to begin The e8400 has a 9X multiplier and a base FSB clock of 333. So 9 X 333 = 3GHZ with 4 X 333 = 1333MHZ FSB.

You want to acheive a 1:1 ratio between your cpu and ram. In your case your ram is 800mhz so a setting of 400 for the fsb is what you want.

RAM = FSB x 2

So 400 x 2 will give you 800mhz

If the E8400's FSB base clock is increased to 400 you get an OC of 3.6GHZ (400 X 9) with a FSB of 1600MHZ (4 X 400).

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/220632-help-ocing-e8400-asus-mobo.html
Relevancy 51.17%

hi

what motherboard is the best of these tree?

asus: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131405

msi: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130239
or
gigabyte: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128400&Tpk=GA-P55-UD4

A:Asus, MSI or Gigabyte mobo?

All 3 are extremely good. We are all a little partial and favour Gigabyte, but IMO go with the one that is cheapest.

I will be building a computer this Wednesday with the MSI GD65. So if you hold out till then I can tell you my impressions of the board then.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-msi-or-gigabyte-mobo.136436/
Relevancy 51.17%

I m working on my friend s Asus Problems Mobo computer and was going through many very much needed Asus Mobo Problems updates and Asus Mobo Problems I had got to the bios I went through the asus update exe way everything went smoothly I then restarted the computer The first thing that pops up says to Install Asus Express Gate and some stuff about getting internet access within seconds of starting up your computer I read up on it and downloaded it Burned it to a cd and attempted an install after resetting the cmos so I could change the boot process to CD first Changed it let it boot up normal It then asks to boot into settings or use default bios settings and continue I hit continue and it says quot Installing Asus Express Gate quot I wait for a couple seconds then it gives the message quot Please install Asus Express Gate for internet access within seconds of starting up your computer quot The heck do I do Mobo Asus P Q-SE bios nbsp

A:Asus Mobo Problems

I'm working on my friend's computer and was going through many very much needed updates and I had got to the bios.Click to expand...

What "very much needed updates" are you talking about? You should not unnecessarily try to update the BIOS.

I suggest that you clear the CMOS and then try rebooting your system. Express Gate is not necessary for your PC to function properly. I myself uninstalled it from my PC.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-mobo-problems.145750/
Relevancy 51.17%

best ram 4 the Asus K8V Deluxe mobo?

A:best ram 4 the Asus K8V Deluxe mobo?

Not to be rude or anything, but have you tried looking at the board on Asus' product pages?

But I'll be nice and tell you that DDR400 is the best ram you can use. You can have 3 sticks of it, and a maximum of 3GB.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/best-ram-4-the-asus-k8v-deluxe-mobo.15087/
Relevancy 51.17%

I need an image (hopefully) or at least an explanation of the connections for an ASUS CUW-AM motherboard. I cant get it from ASUS because it is an HP product. HP mobo name is Amberine-GL6E. Everything on the mobo has been unplugged and the power supply has been unplugged from everything too. Just want to be sure that everything is connected properly before I plug it in and accidentally fry this thing. Any help is appreciated---thanx in advance.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-hp-cuw-am-mobo-images.770265/
Relevancy 51.17%

HI,

I am wondering is my MOBO, p5kpl-cm asus, hot swappable or compatible?

A:p5kpl-cm asus MOBO

You want to know if your motherboard is 'hot-swappable'?

Think about it this way, is it possible to remove your motherboard from the computer without affecting the ongoing operation of your computer? Would your computer not mind not having the motherboard for any given amount of time?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/p5kpl-cm-asus-mobo.906745/
Relevancy 51.17%

Have a ASUS A8N32-SLI mobo with 2x1GB sticks of Crucial DDR-400 memory running XP Pro SP2 perfect. I have version 1009 of the AMI BIOS. Added 2 more 1GB of the same Crucial id memory, although they do not look physically identical, and booted up. I did not make any BIOS or boot.ini changes.

Belarc Advisor shows 2,288MB of memory with all 4x1GB DIMM's showing.

MS System Info tool shows 4,096MB Physical memory and 1.536GB available.

CPU-Z shows 4,096MB at 200MHz Frequency. For it's SPD all 4 sticks have same timings and max Bandwidth.
However on the two new sticks the mfgr.# is all zero's, the part # is blank and the serial # is all F's.
Everything reads fine for the 2 old sticks.

I understand that XP cannot use ALL the 4GB, but it does not seem to be using ANY of the 2 new GB's. Can someone help me use them.

Relevancy 51.17%

Hello,

i need some help. i have just finished puting a machine together, and after installing windows, i find that the MOBO makes a squeeking noise everytime there is some IO interaction, i.e. moving scroll bars, maximise/minimise applications.

im pretty sure its not the PSU/Hardrive.

can anyone please help.

Sailesh

Relevancy 51.17%

Hi I upgraded can get new asus mobo, not video to an asus a n x-x motherboard with an AMD athlon cpu All the other parts were carried over from my old computer I installed the board and my Geforce Mx video card and do not receive any video signal I know the card is good because it worked in a new asus mobo, can not get video friend s computer The system starts up all LED s light all fans spin continously the cdROMS work even the video card fan spins I just do NOT get any video I tried using at least different video cards including one PCI card all others were AGP and still have had no luck I reset the CMOS multiple times I tried switching out the RAM in all different combinations of the three sticks new asus mobo, can not get video I have available including only one in the main slot I have disconnected everything except for the video card There are no beeps when it new asus mobo, can not get video starts up I tried a different powersupply too Basically I have switched out reset and checked everything my friends and I can possibly think of with no luck I highly doubt the board is bad because everything lights up and receives power I am absolutely desperate for help here and will accept try any suggestion that anyone has Me and everyone I talk to can not think of anything else that could possibly be done I read through dozens of threads on this site and others about troubleshooting and have tried everything I can find but to no avail Please help me out nbsp

A:new asus mobo, can not get video

You did not mention it so ,did you try the Display and Cable on a different machine to test.
Welcome to Techspot!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-asus-mobo-can-not-get-video.32953/
Relevancy 51.17%

im wondering is this a good motherboard to use with a athlon x2 6000+?

ty for your help.

A:ASUS M2N-E Sli Mobo Socket AM2.

It's a good board, but there are better ones. The MSI board is better. Also ASUS is very picky about brands of RAM.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-m2n-e-sli-mobo-socket-am2.81515/
Relevancy 51.17%

I ve had this mobo for about or so years last night i was upgrading the ram i had in my system After trying to start my computer up with the new sticks of ram the power light came on and everything sounded like it was running but nothing was loading My monitar was idle but the light on my CD drive was on The new ram i got had lights that were on it so i know mobo K8S-MX problems ASUS the ram was on because the lights were on My computer now would not turn ASUS K8S-MX mobo problems of by hitting the power button or holding it down so i had to manually unplug it from the back After ASUS K8S-MX mobo problems doing so i switched back in my old ram and now i m getting the same problem The LED on my motherboard is lighting up and when i go to turn on my computer on nothing seems to happen after the lights and fans start running I ve tried clearing the RTC RAM and i tried the USB device wake up nbsp

A:ASUS K8S-MX mobo problems

Please try and clean the RAM slots on the motherboard with a compressed air blast (you can get it in a can). Then try one stick at a time, and in each slot at a time. You might find that one of the slots has failed.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-k8s-mx-mobo-problems.86574/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello everyone i have been having a pb with my computer for a while - when i start it it stays on the green asus mobo page for a really long time before Mobo Asus problem booting and sometimes it does not boot at all I reformated and same thing and my hd s are new - When it boots it works fine for everything but for games all games crach cd ones or downloads between and min i did a stress test on CPU and GPU for over an hour at at the same time and it works fine Thats why i think there is a mobo problem Here is my build -Phenom II cpu - gigs of ddr ram x g -mobo asus m a -em -lc power w psu -saphire raedon gb gddr Asus Mobo problem -HD one WD cavalir blue and one samsung Asus Mobo problem eco energy rmp both gigs - one sata and one ide cd dvd burner -cpu cooler noctua nh-u p well thx beforehand for the help nbsp

A:Asus Mobo problem

Before resorting to any radical hardware change, I would advise you to boot your system with minimum required hardware; i.e. HDD with OS on it; One stick of ram; disconnect dvd as well; if you have onboard vga, you can try using that instead of your graphic card i.e. 4890. Also ensure that system is clean, and see what happens.

Have you tested your system's ram as well with memtest ?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-mobo-problem.143234/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hey, simple question in theory: let a friend borrow my netbook; she forgot to pack the powercord for her trip and with hopeful intentions tried using a printer plug that just happened to be the same size... but different voltage.

As you all probably know, it wasn't good for the computer. Since then it hasn't turned on but someone did mention a potential fail-safe switch that could be on the motherboard, kind of like a a surge protector. When I plug it into the correct plug, none of the lights (charging included) come on, and it won't turn on with the battery fully removed too and at this point I'm out of ideas and hope is running out too.

So, is my 901 fried or is there some amazing recovery trick out there that I'm not aware of?

A:Is my Asus 901 mobo fried?

Howdy,

To be honest it doesn't sound good.....not sure about the fail safe switch....either way needs to be taken apart and maybe be not viable as if the MB is damaged which sound most likely it probably cost more than a new lappy.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/is-my-asus-901-mobo-fried.1018958/
Relevancy 51.17%

I have an ASUS MB P5WD2 Premium and need some help as to wether I can upgrade from
a Pentium D 830 Dual core to one of the newer Core 2 Duo chips and just what this board might support.

Thanks
Robert

A:ASUS MoBo and FAstest CPU

Sorry, your board does not support any Core series processors.

Here's the CPU support list for your motherboard: http://support.asus.com/cpusupport/cpusupport.aspx?SLanguage=en-us&model=P5WD2 Premium

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-mobo-and-fastest-cpu.661733/
Relevancy 51.17%

would a
Intel Pentium D 935 CPU
work
with a
Asus P5K mobo?

A:Solved: PD 935 + Asus P5K Mobo

Yes
http://support.asus.com/cpusupport/cpusupport.aspx?SLanguage=en-us

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-pd-935-asus-p5k-mobo.650499/
Relevancy 51.17%

I posted this in another section, but no one is helping me out. Hopefully someone here can.

Ok, so from what I understand, windows XP will only see a MAX of 3 gigs. I have a mobo that supports dual channel memory, and so far have 2 sicks of 1gig. I would like to fill the other 2 slots, but can I do it with 2 sticks of 512? Or do I have to exactly match whats in the other 2 slots?

My motherboard is an ASUS M2N32 SLI Deluxe

This is the ram I currently have....

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820145034

And these ones have the EXACT SAME voltages and timings, just different speeds. So my question is... could I put these in with 2 sticks of 1gig, for a total of 3 gigs, in dual channel? Or do I HAVE to buy 4 gigs, with the loss of 1.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820145040

Thanks for the help. -Dennis

A:Ram question with ASUS mobo

Technically you can throw those (RAM at second URL) in there with your current 2 sticks. It's not best practice to mix and match RAM though. You should try to get your hands on another stick of what you have already. Although, I know it can be tough to hunt down the exact same RAM after you've had it for a while.

The links you provided are broken but I was able to hunt down the 2 I believe you meant to post.

Please verify:

You currently have - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820145034

But you're looking at - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820145040

I'm not sure what you're running on your machine to need an extra 1GB of RAM on top of the 2GB you already have. But what kind of performance increase are you expecting to see?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ram-question-with-asus-mobo.81644/
Relevancy 51.17%

recently my hard drive crashed on me during a routine defrag, I got a "check disk" error, so i reboot and my comp cant find my OS (win 2000). so i bought a SATA drive and tried a fresh install with XP sp1 and i cant get past the 3rd party driver install ( for the raid controller on the mobo)
so i put another hard drive in (WD IDE) and when i try to install xp i says it doesn't see a hard drive. i went into the bios and i can see it there. the hard drive is set as master and iv checked all connections and cables.
any one know what could cause this? would flashing my BIOS help?

any advice appreciated.
thanx
ASUS A7n8x-e deluxe
amd 2.2
WD caviar 60gig
-WD SATA 200 gig
OS xp sp1

A:asus mobo prob

Hi,

Let's talk about the WD IDE drive. If you have it alone on a ribbon cable, you must remove all jumpers and put it on the end of the ribbon cable in master position. See if that helps.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-mobo-prob.367196/
Relevancy 51.17%

Well I was just wondering what possible upgrades I could put on my asus A V X-X MOBO It s a rather old version and I tried to find the info needed but came home from a sad voyage on that one All I need to know is what better parts could I possibly add to it with the given MOBO and the hardware already installed on it CPU AMD athlon XP MMX DNow at GHz GRAPHICS NVIDIA GeForce MX with MB VideoRAM SOUND AD SoundMax integrated audio NIC integrated on MOBO HARDDISK WDC WD JB- ETA RAM MB DDR on box it says that it canhave DDR DDR and DDR could Just on put asking I what mobo about my info some asus modules So could someone advise me what best to do when I want to upgrade the performance without getting a new MOBO installed and with the data given I gave this data to the best extend I could cause the MOBO was a bulk version and came with no real manual Thanks in advance Yours Sincerely ThePhantomPain nbsp

A:Just asking some info about what I could put on my asus mobo

http://www.mbreview.com/a7v8xx.php

Asus should have the manual online.

You could get a faster CPU, more ram and a new video card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/just-asking-some-info-about-what-i-could-put-on-my-asus-mobo.57529/
Relevancy 51.17%

I have an ASUS A7A266 mobo and i have been given 512MB of PC 333 DDR memory, can anyone tell me if i can use it in this motherboard at all???

This url goes someway to explain but doesnt give a deffinate answer.http://www.techspot.com/reviews/hardware/asus_a7a266/a7a266-2.shtml

A:PC 333 MHz DDR With the ASUS A7A266 Mobo

Yes your RAM will work with that motherboard but it will only operate at PC2100 speeds (AKA: DDR266 (I think)).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-333-mhz-ddr-with-the-asus-a7a266-mobo.4622/
Relevancy 51.17%

Vista 64bit
Asus Rampage Formula motherboard
HD 4870 X2 GPU

The sound was fine until recently. Starting a couple of months ago, I would intermittently get no sound after booting up. I would always solve this by disabling AMD High Definition Audio Device under Device Manager.

A couple of days ago, this no longer worked. Over the last couple of days, I have tried nearly everything; I have uninstalled the drivers for both of the sound controllers and reinstalled them countless times, I have installed Realtek HD sound drivers, reinstalled ATI Catalyst, ensuring that the sound driver is being installed, switched to AC97 in BIOS and then back to HD, but nothing seems to work.

This is how the sound controllers appear under Device Manager. I don't understand why there are two. I guess the first is the GPU one?

I'd appreciate any help. Thanks.

Relevancy 51.17%

well, read the topic....

Of the three, which is the best??? I am a hardcore gamer.. I play games like far cry, Tribes: Vengeance, and so on...

Thanks, Zman

A:How do DFI Mobo's compare to MSI and Asus?

From what I hear, DFI is feature packed, and a good board for someone who really wants to OC and squeeze out a few frames out of their system, Not that this can't be done with an ASUS.
On the downside, I have heard that the DFI boards aren't that stable, ever. If you OC, you know how frustrating it can be to have your board lock up as you try to find the perfect settings, and then having to clear the CMOS. (In that respect I would compare it with a Gigabyte board)

MSI is good, my favorite thing about MSI is the documentation that comes with the board, usually everything is explained very clearly and there is no need to guess what the right setting or jumper would be.

ASUS is just a all around great board! You can't go wrong there.
My 939 system uses a Chaintech Zenith VE, also a very nice board and so far I love it!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-dfi-mobos-compare-to-msi-and-asus.433039/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hie My aunt had a problem with her PC so she called me over to check it out The PC won t on after pressing the power button I had checked the wiring inside and all looks fine The motherboard was an ASUS forgot to check what chipset was it It had banks for memory modules and five PCI slots if I m not mistaken The processor in it was a P unknown speed Thinking problem mobo ASUS the power ASUS mobo problem supply s faulty I replaced it After replacement it still won t power up I diconnected all drives and left just the soundcard and GPU intact I took out all other memory modules and left one MB DDR inside Still no power But the green LED on the motherboard is on It s on even with the previous power supply I push the power on button the LED comes on the internal fan moves a way little bit then it stops The power supply fan doesn t even rotates Thinking the ASUS mobo problem lead from the power button to the motherboard was loose I had tried shorting the two pins with a jumper and a screwdriver but still no power I m out of ideas Someone help me out nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-mobo-problem.34311/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello beautifull people A7V8X-X Mobo ASUS I have had a hard day installing my mobo into case and all i get is no POST or any bip what soever ASUS A7V8X-X Mobo THE lid light is on funs speening CPU and power supply cables pluged in I have been building PC so it is not my first time I know about receting the CMOS data with jumpers I have a PC with working parts and I have done swapping parts I have tried to start it with different video cards AGP and PCI I switched few memories that work on my working PC I have new harddrives that I tested and they work fine I have read the ASUS mobo users manual I have tried hard PLease if anyone can tell me if tere is anything I could do beside trashing my MOBO I got it for cheap guaranteed to work I have read online about this POST problema and just don t know if I am doing anything wrong Wil appreciate you so much I have lost my PC in Catrina and beent trying to build one for the longest time Is it alll about destiny nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-a7v8x-x-mobo.46292/
Relevancy 51.17%

I'm trying to find an english manual for my MOBO. All I can find is a Chinese one, anyone know where I can find an English 1?