Windows Support Forum

BIOS & ROM on the Motherboard

Q: BIOS & ROM on the Motherboard

Hi guys,

I'm going to find the following info about new/recent computers. Is there anyone who likes to help?

1-Where the BIOS is stored on the motherboard? Inside the ROM, EPROM or something like USB storage on the motherboard?

2- I have also heard that this (BIOS) is stored into CMOS and a battery supplies the power for the settings of the BIOS, correct?

3- Also I have read that in the new motherboards there is a jumper that can delete the settings of the BIOS. What's your thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: BIOS & ROM on the Motherboard

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: BIOS & ROM on the Motherboard

1. See #2
2. CMOS is correct, sometimes these are removable chips.
3. Yes, many motherboards have a jumper to reset to defaults, this is pretty important for overclockers, because you can set the BIOS to settings that are so unstable the computer can't get to the BIOS.

4. Your definition of recent/new is not in alignment with what most people would say is new. Motherboards for a few years now have been shipping with UEFI rather than a traditional BIOS.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bios-rom-on-the-motherboard.201654/
Relevancy 44.72%

I have a Winfast K7S741XMG mother board and I'm trying to boot off a usb stick (I'm trying to install an OS off it)

I can't seem to access my BIOS and/or the Bootup Selection screen. Is there a MB driver I need to install or something?

Relevancy 44.72%

Hi guys,

I'm going to find the following info about new/recent computers. Is there anyone who likes to help?

1-Where the BIOS is stored on the motherboard? Inside the ROM, EPROM or something like USB storage on the motherboard?

2- I have also heard that this (BIOS) is stored into CMOS and a battery supplies the power for the settings of the BIOS, correct?

3- Also I have read that in the new motherboards there is a jumper that can delete the settings of the BIOS. What's your thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

A:BIOS & ROM on the Motherboard

The BIOS is a chip on the mobo. There are some hard wired default settings, and volatile user settings. The 1st time a mobo starts, the user settings are the default settings. If you change anything eg boot order, or overclock the cpu etc and click save (often F10) the new settings are used (not the default). The user data is kept alive by a battery. If the battery fails, the BIOS returns to default. Taking out the battery is one way to reset the BIOS to default. Another way is to temporarily connect a mobo jumper to clear the BIOS, or go into the BIOS screens and choose default settings.

When changing BIOS settings for overclocking, it's easy to screw things up so the pc won't even boot - solution is to pop the battery out for a couple of minutes to reset back to default.

HTH

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/328486-bios-rom-motherboard.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Heya
My BIOS needs updating but my motherboard doesn't appear on the the GIGABYTE website
GA-8I915PMD
I seached it in google and it goes to Parkard Bell (the marker of my PC)
But this doesn't have any BIOS downloads that I need.
I need to upgrade my BIOS in order to put my new CPU in
Any help would be welcomed.

Relevancy 44.72%

Hi all. I need some help. I need to know what motherboard I have. I downloaded everest and used it to try and help. and it just confused me further.

I am mostly interested in 2 things.

1. Discovering what Motherboard I have so I know for the future.

2. Updating my BIOS before I fresh install 7229 tomorrow.

Can anyone help me? either just interpret this everest report for me, or if you feel comfortable with it seeing as I have never done this, find me the driver itself. I made it as far as the ECS website yesterday from this thing.

A:My MotherBoard and BIOS

I think that's an OEM (maybe HP or Compaq) board and most features are probably locked. You can check the BIOS version and flash it if you dare. I would not mess with it unless you are having problems. You can always get technical if you're good enough.

Is this it?

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...name=c00906137

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/15579-my-motherboard-bios.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Motherboard BIOS Help Computer won t POST Computer ECS P Motherboard Intel Pentium L Prescott ghz Help Motherboard BIOS gb x Corsair Motherboard BIOS Help Value PC DDR EVGA GS DDR bit AGP x I recently purchased the EVGA so I can play Elder Scrolls Oblivion on my computer After Motherboard BIOS Help installing the card I tried out Counter-Strike Source and Brothers in Arms to test out the card it worked beautifully Before I installed Oblivion I went to the website and flashed my BIOS When I went to restart my computer it booted up but it did not POST I waited about minutes and after restarting I disconnected everything except memory and a Radeon video card It still did not post or beep I tried it without RAM and it beeped so the speaker works Then I proceeded to flip the jumpers on CLR CMOS to quot Clear quot and made sure BIOS write protect was off I turned the computer on same thing I repeated the process and this time removed the lithion battery and still nothing Is there something I haven t done I know the motherboard is pretty much crap but I can t afford a motherboard and I have a lot of important things on my hard drive Just wondering if there is a step I haven t thought of or might have forgotten Thanks guys nbsp

A:Motherboard BIOS Help

If your board is working the axiom is to 'not flash'. I'm sorry that this happened just when you've got a new card and all. Can you somehow locate the BIOS that you had ? Reinstall it. At least things would be working again. If you get that, won't your hardisk be O.K.? When I have a serious issue like this: I do my best to get to the product website & get an online tech chat going. There can be a lot of support out there if you really look. Try it. I know you want your PC back. Good Luck.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motherboard-bios-help.92038/
Relevancy 44.72%

i updated my xp pro on line un hooked and now my os wont load i tried formatting but it loads onto harddrive but when it restarts it starts right back at the beginning. i cant get past the beginning

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/motherboard-and-bios-203799.html
Relevancy 44.72%

i upgraded my Motherboard to the asus M5a99x evo. it looks like everything is in place and it should work but when i start it up it just shows a black screen the cpu fan is working same as my other fans. the led even comes on saying my cpu is working. Alos when it starts up i hear no beeps at all. I'm not sure what the problem is.

A:New Motherboard No BIOS

you probably need to go back and check all connections inc;
the 24 pin power
the 4 pin power
reseat all memory
check all the case-motherboard connectors

also list what board u had and processor....... etc ...etc

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-motherboard-no-bios.1105451/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi Been a long time since I needed some help but this time more of advice By PC info first MainBoard - Soltek nForce SL FRN L running c Bios updateInfo Here CPU - AMD Ram - x Sticks of MDT PC CL DDR Info Here Graphics - CLub FX Now my questions When my PC boots at early stage I get my AMD CPU size shown at This is normal and Memory Freq is at Dual Channel Activated MHz Now then the MHz should it be more or what should it be A friend of mine has Set and my system is a much greater performance Below I have given details of my Bios Settings for Advanced Chipset Options please can some one give some advice on how best they should be set and how they change the initial boot up Ststem Performance Options are Expert Turbo Aggresive and Optiomal FSB Frequency CPU Interface Options are Optimal or Aggresive Memory Freq Options are Auto or - Resulting Freq Otions are Auto or in MHz Memory Timings Options are Turbo Aggresive Optimal or Expert Some of these settings become greyed out Bios help please.... Motherboard and wont allow you to change unless certain things are set Im not a Bios goof so I have no idea what thye should be set at Im asking advice on how they should be set If settings are set to certain things the Memory Motherboard Bios help please.... Freq is changed greatly so what should my resulting freq be Thx in advance for any help Sifter nbsp

A:Motherboard Bios help please....

***Bump***

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/motherboard-bios-help-please.242027/
Relevancy 44.72%

Ok so here is my problem. I just replaced my motherboard and have the fan and everything connected and running expect when i turn it on there is no bios on my monitor! And i don't know what to do someone please help me tell me if i am doing anything wrong or if i didn't do it right

A:New motherboard, no bios!! Help!!!

When you say "no bios" I presume you mean it isn't going through power on self tests (POST)?

What IS it doing? Are there any lights that come on on the board? Does the fan start spinning?

What board? What system did you put it in? What power supply?

Most likely you hooked something up wrong, but lacking any details no one will be able to help you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-motherboard-no-bios-help.919882/
Relevancy 44.72%

how can i go through xp and get what bios version i have on my motherboard?

A:motherboard bios

Its not really in XP, its when the computer first turns on. It should display the motherbaord model and teh BIOS version.

However you can download software that can identify the BIOS version or date. Aida32 Enterprise edition is one such application: http://www.aida32.hu/aida32-download.php

Look under Motherboard -> BIOS -> BIOS date, its best to get it from the Boot up screen though.

Why do you want to know? Just asking because a BIOS update that can go bad can render your motherboard useless and it should only be used to fix a specific problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/motherboard-bios.212130/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello all I recently had a Nvidia graphics card burn out so i got a Gtx I placed the new card in and it will go to the first screen and won t process any further I can t tap on del to go to the bios screen I get all the lights on my keyboard and even put a new cheap keyboard on it to make sure my old one didn t mess up I ve pulled the Cmos battery and swapped my ram in the first slot with only stick in it I ve also tried another graphics card and hard drive but so far nothing will make the computer go to bios post or load past the bios screen After awhile it goes to another screen with a blinking dash at the top of the screen I m using the Usb keyboards in the correct slots so far nothing I ve tried has worked Original problem was screen tearing and graphics reboot with a graphic card fail and reboot warning I m running Windows Ga-X -UD motherboard Corsair power supply Evga gtx sc graphics card x gig corsair vengeance ram Intel processor Solid state and tb hard drives Any help would be appreciated sorry I really am not the tech savvy so forgive the mistakes in what I ve said Ty nbsp

Relevancy 44.29%

As for the some of you that saw a few past posts about me making a low end system for a Friend its all put together and done the only thing I have left is to settings bios Motherboard put a fan on a video card For it but that s already been tak n care of in another post in here what this is about is a Problem I ran into when Motherboard bios settings I booted it up I noticed today that the screen went black when The computer was loading up and then the picture was back when windows XP started I Used the on board video and loaded up the defaults in the bios then I plugged it back into The video card and I was able to see the bios and windows a bunch of strange stuff if you Ask me but now things load up that were not there before and I don t know much about The following that I m going to list could people tell me what are some good things to Have enabled disabled in the bios I loaded fail safe settings there s only two fail safe and optimized In the mean time what do all of these do and should they be on CPU L Catche ECC Checking External Cache CPU Internal Cache Anti-Virus Protection Processor number feature Quick power on self test Gate A Option OS Select For Dram Non OS Video Bios Shadow nbsp

Relevancy 44.29%

Manufacturer: ASUSTek Computer Inc.
Model : P4SD-VX

BIOS Version: A M I - 10000429

Manufacturer: Sony Corporation
Product name: PCV-RS430G(UC)

Sony VAIO, 2.8Ghz p4.

Having some difficulties locating upgrades/updates for my BIOS and mother board. I am eventually looking to increase AGP aperture size but that option is not present in my current BIOS along with a lot of other specs I should see and be able to change.

A:bios and motherboard upgrades

Flashing the BIOS can be a risky venture. Looks like you have a stripped down Asus board made for Sony VAIO. In which case any BIOS update would be available at the manufacturer website. It is possible to flash with a modded BIOS but i strongly recommend you not try it.

Next time you want a computer either buy from a custom computer build shop like ABS, Velocity Micro, or Monarch computers or build one yourself. They use off the shelf(not proprietary) components in which nothing has been stripped out in regards to tweaking/upgrading the BIOS.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bios-and-motherboard-upgrades.431542/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hello again before I ask for help on this I must say thanks agian for all the help the good people at this Boot To Won't Bios MotherBoard forum has given me on MotherBoard Won't Boot To Bios several occasions NOTE Testing without any memory nor drives attached I have an ASUS MB that will NOT boot to Bios Not even a quot BEEP quot I bought this board new and have used it in the recent past Board is an ASUS P board The power LED comes on and the MotherBoard Won't Boot To Bios FAN quot pins quot power-up I just got a new CPU P to test to see if the chip might be bad but the board does the same thing and the Chip does NOT even get warm I tried RESETING THE BIOS JUMPER AND REMOVING THE BATT OVERNIGHT but still no luck The power supply watt is new and I do have both the pin and pin power cables connected I have also tried a couple of different video cards also NOTE video card s fan spins while connected to PCI slot Any advice Thanks again jtbest nbsp

A:MotherBoard Won't Boot To Bios

When you have a problem build go back to the basics. Make sure that the ram, cpu, and video card are seated correctly. Note; the video card can be hard to get completely seated. Insure that the cpu fan is connected to the correct header [most modern boards will not power up if there is no fan signal]

If it still will not boot, pull the board from the case. Set it on the box it came in [do not use the anti-static bag since some of them will conduct electricity] use only one ram chip, video card and cpu / hsf. Connect both power connectors to the board; the normal atx power connector and the four pin connector. Now use a small screwdriver to short across the power switch pins; this will power up the board. If it posts and you are able to enter the bios, etc, inspect the mounting very carefully. If it still does not post [and you have already swapped cpus] the only other thing would be to swap other components ie power supply / video card to see what is bad.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/motherboard-wont-boot-to-bios.196921/
Relevancy 44.29%

Okay, I just bought a motherboard (havn't received it yet) but supposedly if it has the oldest version of the BIOS it won't support my AMD Sempron 3100+ (Socket 754) and will only support it if I upgrade the BIOS. Now my question is, would I be able to put the BIOS chip from the new motherboard in my old one since it's the same size socket and flash the BIOS on my old motherboard to work with my new one? This would save me 15$ and the time and effort of asking the motherboard vendor to send me an updates BIOS chip.

Thanks

Here is the link for my new motherboard.
http://www.hothardware.com/art...5FPro_Has_Arrived/
http://www.hardwarezone.com/ar...view.php?cid=6&id=1351
http://www2.abit.com.tw/page/e...t 754&pPRODINFO=BIOS

A:Motherboard BIOS question

I believe you can download BIOS updates for free. I may be wrong. Should be able to download the latest BIOS and flash it for nothing.

I may have misunderstood something in your post but I don't see any problem here.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motherboard-bios-question.82113/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hello! I'm new here at Tech Spot. This is a great website.

Where can I get a copy of the newest BIOS update for my motherboard?

Model: Asus P5GD1-VM Motherboard
Version: 0602
Chipset: I915
Date: 09/06/2005-16:48:11
Onboard Sound: Azalia (swa)
Onboard LAN: Exist (wl)
BIOS Size: 512 K
BIOS Type: AMI

I downloaded all BIOS .ROM files in the official website of Asus. But it weren't compatible with the BIOS to be flashed.

Please help me! Thank you very much in advanced!

A:Motherboard BIOS update

The latest BIOS for your board is version 1015. It's not necessary to load each BIOS in order, just load the latest. To load the BIOS you must copy it to a floppy disc and rename it P5GD1-VM.ROM If you didn't rename it, that's why it won't load. On the same Asus download page, you can get the user manual for your board, which goes into detail how to reflash the BIOS. It can render your motherboard un-bootable if you do it wrong, so I would read the manual before attempting it again, and follow instructions carefully.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motherboard-bios-update.191021/
Relevancy 44.29%

i am having problems with my computer shutting down when i try to play certain games like red faction.
I rang the game helpline and they told me that i need to upgrade my motherboard bios as this has issues running multi core processers. My system is amd bulldozer fx 4 quad with amd 760g motherboard. Can somone send me too where i can do this. thx.

Relevancy 44.29%

Ok first of all HELLO everyone I didn't find the introduction area yet I am brand new here but not bios the motherboard Updating and brand new to computers I have computers both HP both with Windows XP Home upgrade edition First of all the computer that I am using right now is able to access the internet I don't remember if I did a complete XP install or a upgrade over at the Updating the bios and motherboard time I got the XP program I have had some problems with Updating the bios and motherboard the restart as there is a black screen that sometimes stays on the screen and won't move so I have to cntrl alt delete Then the computer will restart like it is suppose to I found out from HP that I need to go into the bios select boot tab hard disc select hard Updating the bios and motherboard boot as the first boot device Press F to exit the bios and restart Well I haven't done it yet Haven't had the time as of yet Is this the right thing to do My computer was bought at a walmart DONT LAUGH but it didn't come with a working floppy drive and only has one cd rom drive which means that I have to copy and burn on one drive The one question I have is can I still do a bios update or a mother board update NOT ORIGINAL MOTHERBOARD if I don't have a floppy I am sure that information is information but isn't it DOS on a floppy My Motherboard is a Processor AMD XP- DDR-SDRAM Memory Speed MHz PC Modual Maufacturer AMD VIA Technologies Inc Km Motherboard Model -Albatron KM Pro Motherboard Chipset - VIA VT P KM VT Motherboard Slots x PCI xAGP V Now I just need to know if there is a pretty easy way to get the updates I need for the motherboard and the bios Don't really know if I am getting the right information to do so Kinda scared I may choose the wrong thing So that is it for this computer Sorry so long of a post but it is all covered anyway Thanks in advance Conbon

A:Updating the bios and motherboard

For the first question I would say do what hp said to do. Couldnt hurt,
may fix your problem, or it may not.
In order to flash your bios you will need a working floppy drive. I would
not flash the bios just for the sake of flashing it. If you know of a specific
benefit you will get from that then go ahead. But it can be tricky and
risky.,make sure you have the right flash, and backup, follow directions.
again make sure you are using the right version for your board,

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/updating-the-bios-and-motherboard-148349.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Hello. After recently reading a couple of websites on the internet that my motherboard of my brand new compute, the ABIT AN-M2r is incompatible with the video card that I just purchased, (8800 GT OC) I wanted to ask a question. A couple of websites that I viewed stated that they hoped that this issue would be fixed in an upcoming release of the bios. I was wondering if I could install a new BIOS. For example, if I could install a BIOS from ASUS, FOXCONN, ETC. ASUS has came out with a new bios verison that supports the 8800GTOC.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am really frustrated that I just bought a thousand dollar to computer and to find out that this graphics card is incompatible.

A:Motherboard BIOS question

It is Not advisable and likely not to install (wrong type error on update)
You would need two bios chips, one you can muck around with, the other- original

I'd also be concerned that the computer (bios) may not start again after flashing the wrong one; or the Video (bios) may stay blank after flash update

As for the next bios version (not released yet) may or will work. Ar Huh and that'll be when ? Maybe sell the card new (or computer !)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/motherboard-bios-question.662455/
Relevancy 44.29%

I have a PC HP pavilion p6725it s.n. (removed content) p.n. LL434EA with motherboard Cleveland-GL8. Can I update the bios version? As newer video card can I install? My video card doesn't work very well and I need to replace it.

A:Update bios Motherboard

If a new BIOS version is available then YES..

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Update-bios-Motherboard/td-p/5821881
Relevancy 44.29%

Upgraded a friend's inspiron 9100 hard drive to a wd 320gb. Copied old drive to new with western digitals software. Put the new hd in and get a disk read error message. Bios only shows 137gb drive. Updated bios, didn't help. This bios won't let me in to adjust hd settings. Reinstall old hd (40gb), no problems. OS is XP Pro, P4 cpu, 2gb ram. Any and all suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Relevancy 44.29%

Hi guys,does anyone know how can i get the bios for this motherboard on the file specs?i tried to find it, but i do not know how to find it,because is a little older,from 2002 and still working but i really need to update this bios urgently,if someone know how and where can i get it, i'll appreciate it,the bios as an name i can't find it anywhere,thanks to all in advance.this i need for windows 7 or xp.
The file motherboard specs here:compaq.pdf

A:Compaq bios motherboard

Try here:

HP United States - Computers, Laptops, Servers, Printers and more

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/67330-compaq-bios-motherboard.html
Relevancy 44.29%

This is my motherboard, http://ixbtlabs.com/articles2/mainboard/asus-m2v-k8t890.html ,
ASUS M2V - Motherboard Based on VIA K8T890 (Socket AM2) Chipset
its pretty old, about 2005ish and i dont really know what im supposed to google for the BIOS driver. Can anybody help by telling me what I should google?

A:What BIOS driver am I looking for with this motherboard?

Are you talking about a BIOS Upgrade? Or are you talking about theChipset driver? If a Bios Upgrade, what is the reason you want to upgrade the BIOS? Is there a problem or is it just that you want to have the most up to date? Here is the Asus Page for the M2V Motherboards. http://usa.asus.com/Search.aspx?SearchKey=M2V

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-bios-driver-am-i-looking-for-with-this-motherboard.908008/
Relevancy 44.29%

sorry for the thread necromancy but I m now having the exact same problem among other problems I ve had this machine going on four years now and Motherboard problem / Bios have not made any changes other than I installed Vista back in January Vista ran fine on it until last week I started having problems At first my machine just started locking up in windows Then it started locking up on the POST Naturally I started thinking a heat issue so I checked all the fans and they re all working fine I also gave it a nice air bath and cleaned all of the dust out I have never received this overclocking message until two days ago I went into the bios and reset everything to the Bios / Motherboard problem defaults It booted into windows fine but the onboard NIC didn t Bios / Motherboard problem work I then rebooted it went back into windows fine but again the NIC was dead On this reboot I noticed that the link light was solid green Bios / Motherboard problem until windows started up at which point it died I tried removing and reinstalling the NIC drivers from the device manager and that worked fine but still no link light and still no connectivity I then rebooted the machine again and it froze up on the scanning IDE devices during the post Rebooted again and it froze up on the ASUS splash screen One other thing to note the clock stopped keeping time if the power completely fails to the machine but this started happening about years go I m just about ready to go out and buy a new mainboard but I m not sure that s the problem Can anyone provide some insight thanks Burr nbsp

Relevancy 44.29%

http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/1513/compedited2.png
This is my computer.

Now, will this:
http://www.foxconnsupport.com/downl...00001&series=en-us0000008&keywords=&sort=BIOS
work on my motherboard? I know how it is, get the wrong one and your computer is dead forever.
So want to double check. Version: 79AF1P13

Thank you!

Relevancy 44.29%

I changed the the multiplier in my bios to try to get a little more spead out of my cpu. And when it rebooted I got nothing. I have turned it up before and didn't act up. I couldn't burn up the cpu that fast could I? Is there a way to bypass the bios and reset it's defaults. I can't get to the bios screen, only the fans come on, there is no boot activity at all.

AMD 1600+
Asus Av7133-c
Ati 8500 All-In-Wonder DV
512mb pc133

A:Motherboard and bios problem

Use this link on how to reset CMOS. The information you need is in the center section dealing with moving the motherboard jumpers or removing the battery.

http://www.dewassoc.com/support/bios/bios_password.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/motherboard-and-bios-problem.305999/
Relevancy 44.29%

I'm in the process of trying to select a motherboard for another PC.
Is it possible to have a mobo which allows for a replacement BIOS so that if the BIOS ever needs flashing and it fails, I can plug a backup BIOS in?

A:Motherboard with replacement BIOS

Yes, most mobos will let you replace the bios chip. You can get more info at these sites.

BIOSCHIP.COM :: BIOS UPDATE

Replacing your BIOS chip - how to update your system BIOS - PCTechGuide.Com

PC BIOS reprogramming, replacement, recovery

having said that, I've flashed bios innumerable times with a 100 % success rate. You just have to be careful and follow instructions to the T.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/170280-motherboard-replacement-bios.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi to all, Im new to this site.

I wonder if any one can help me. I tryed the other day to update my MotherBoards Bios and Screwed up my PC. It doesnt even restart now and when i switch it on, a load Beep sound blares out. i took it to a PC specialist and they told me i burn out the system. Im peed off with myself....aaaahhhhhhh.
Is there any way i can reboot the system or are there any programs out there where i can put in a CD and hopefully restore everything back to normal.
Pentium III 500Mhz - Gigabyte MotherBoard Intel Chip 1998 Version.

Kind regard to all.

Vin

A:Bios Help needed Please for my motherboard

Welcome to TechSpot Forums

Some stores can replace / reflash faulty BIOS chips, that's probably your best bet.

If you have enough experience and another mainboard with the same chipset, you could try swapping the BIOS chips while flashing with the second board - but if you aren't sure what you're doing, you could end up with two broken machines.

Maybe this could be a good reason to upgrade the computer?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bios-help-needed-please-for-my-motherboard.14999/
Relevancy 44.29%

[Please move this and alert me if its in the wrong section]

Evening,

So today I got my first paycheck from a tech company I work for
Purchased a 8 core processor, tower and motherboard.

The motherboard is the ASUS Crosshair V Formula which has an original bios version of 0404
To use this 8 Core processor I have to flash it to 0813.

So just a question, dumb maybe but I'm curious, how exactly would I flash the bios without having a Hard Drive or Operating System on the machine?

I already have a 4 core processor which IS compatible for the motherboard to start the flash, now I'm just needing a guide on how to do it. Do I have to do every update from 0404 to 0813 (There's 3 or 4 updates), or can I just do 0813 instantly?

Relevancy 44.29%

ok so im sure i can manage to update the bios on my own bios motherboard update help from tutorials and stuff but i have a few questions that have me confused motherboard bios update help about updating the bios im about to buy parts for a new build and im going with the ASUS M A -V EVO motherboard http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E and im going to get the FX CPU cores and ovcourse all the other parts but thats not important my question is that that motherboard might need a bios update but i dont know when to update it i mean do i put all my pc parts together and boot up then update OR do i install my OS THEN update would my motherboard or cpu get damaged if i havnt updated the mobo and the CPU is inside and powered on so yeah those are my questions plz feel free to ask me if you need any additional info Thanx in advance so plz i really wanna know how to do this before i purchase these parts nbsp

Relevancy 44.29%

I just bought some parts for a new computer; A new motherboard, chip, and a new harddrive. It's the gigabyte dual bios motherboard. I got everything to load up right, but it pauses on the bios screen. I tried to go to setup but it takes 10-15 minutes just to get into it. The problem is that I'm trying to install windows Xp through booting up from CD, I've already put the CD-rom drive as my first to boot, but the board or maybe bios doesnt understand. Anyone have any suggestions? or maybe ran into a similar problem and solved it? Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks.

A:Having problems with motherboard bios

can you see the h/d in the bios
have you formatted it and put an active partition on it

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/having-problems-with-motherboard-bios.205435/
Relevancy 44.29%

I'm trying to install Windows XP on an old Compaq 5WV254 which has a UWAVE motherboard and I keep getting stoped dead in my tracks. I keep getting an error message "The BIOS in this system is not fully ACPI compliant.". I download the BIOS program from Compaq and created the BIOS floppy. I changed the BIOS and still I get the same error. Can anyone tell me how to resolve this problem?

A:UWAVE Motherboard Bios

Let me start by saying that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink. In this case the UWAVE mobo that ships with almost all Compaq's is the horse and Windows Xp is the water. I tried unsuccessfully to get Windows XP to run on my old Compaq and when it did finally get installed and running, the darn thing died. Dead like a doornail. What I should have done was gone here,
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314830, and resolved the issue the easy way. I guess some guys have all the luck huh? Good luck to ya.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/uwave-motherboard-bios.281599/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi Is there a way to find out the BIOS I BIOS Version determine do How motherboard? a on version for my processor BEFORE purchasing it I don t want to get myself into a mess Anyway after I find a processor that looks good and before I purchase it I look at all of the specs for the motherboard I like to see if it will match up all right I need to be sure the motherboard I choose will support my processor choice Usually the motherboard specs say that it supports processor X with BIOS version xxxx or How do I determine BIOS Version on a motherboard? greater How do I determine if the processor I am about How do I determine BIOS Version on a motherboard? to buy will have BIOS version xxxx or greater Maybe I am not familiar enough with the specs descriptions but I never see any reference to the BIOS version on any board I am looking up Here is one example of what I am considering Intel BOXDP LTCK LGA Intel P Express ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail http www newegg com Product Product asp Item N E Intel Dual-Core E Allendale GHz MB L Cache LGA Processor - How do I determine BIOS Version on a motherboard? Retail http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Any help would be appreciated Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 43.86%

I'm wondering if my computer has a motherboard update.  My specific machine is
Model #: HPE-410f
Product #: BM424AA#ABA
Serial #: [personal information removed]
Software Build #: 10NAFMRW603#SABA#DABA
Service ID #: 122-710

For the past year something in the machine shorts out and I lose video to the monitor and contols for my keyboard and mouse.  The machine continues to run but I am unable to do anything but a hard boot by physically turning it off.  Usually it returns to life normally, but sometimes it will not operate and requires numerious hard ons and offs.  Are there any upgrades to the motherboard for this machine?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Bios-Updates-for-motherboard-of-HPE-410f/td-p/5837017
Relevancy 43.86%

Yesterday I picked up a Sempron and an motherboard? defective can't get past bios... Asus K V-X and put it all together with an old windows-installed IDE HD a new unformatted SATA HD cd rom cd writer dvd rom floppy enermax W psu mb ram geforce ti -- all components have been tested and work fine except the new mobo cpu First I had problems with error which is because it needed can't get past bios... defective motherboard? a BIOS update So I got the files from the Asus website and flashed the BIOS after which it recognized my cpu fine and all but I can t boot into windows and I don t know why I have an old IDE hard drive with windows already installed on it - if I try to boot from this I have to go through the bios setup then it asks me which mode of windows to boot from then the system restarts and the process repeats If I try to boot from the windows disk in my dvd-rom drive so that I can install it format my new SATA hard drive by unplugging the IDE HD or making can't get past bios... defective motherboard? it a slave I have to go through the bios setup and then after that I just get a blank screen with a cursor but the system is locked up and I can t do anything It also randomly decides to not detect certain drives cd rom cd writer dvd rom and ide hd I ve tried resetting the CMOS and flashing the BIOS again but can't get past bios... defective motherboard? it makes no difference Is there anything else I can try to get this to work Or is it a defective motherboard Any input would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:can't get past bios... defective motherboard?

Okay, after looking up info/asking around I'm wondering if it's a power issue. The bios is reporting the Vcore voltage as 1.408V. Isn't that a bit on the low side? (All other voltages seem okay.) Could this be causing the problem? And uh, could someone tell me how to fix this? Do I just set it manually in the BIOS?

Thanks. :wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-get-past-bios-defective-motherboard.32948/
Relevancy 43.86%

trying to install a new video card in an older computer.  EVGA people say I need a BIOS update to be EFI compatible.  How do I go about getting this done and will it work? 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Bios-upgrade-for-the-angelica-motherboard/td-p/5734536
Relevancy 43.86%

I've never done this before and I've had my MoBo for about 9 months now. I was on the ASUS website last night and I couldn't tell what would be the right file to download for the latest version of the bios. Can anyone help me find out which is the correct one as well as how to update it? (I've heard it's tricky if it's never be done and also that I can majorly screw up my MoBo if I don't do it right) Thanks.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131232

Relevancy 43.86%

I am swapping out my older X58 BIOS motherboard for a UEFI motherboard with a new Ivy Bridge i5. I'd rather not have to reinstall Windows 7, and just want to make sure I can swap the boards and CPUs without issue. Thanks!

A:Changing From BIOS Motherboard to UEFI

I don't know how likely that is.

Before you try any transplant, I strongly recommend that you image your HD. I've used Acronis True Image, although it's not completely foolproof.

You may be able to simply swap motherboards, Windows 7 detects the hardware changes, and off you go. You may have to install a few new drivers.

If that doesn't work, you may be able to use the sysprep utility on your WIndows installation, with the "generalize" switch. That's intended to allow producing a generic Windows installation for diverse hardware. (Drivers are removed.)

If all else fails, re-install Windows. I hope that you aren't using an OEM copy of Windows. Microsoft may not be willing to activate it on a new system.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/250621-changing-bios-motherboard-uefi.html
Relevancy 43.86%

This is quite odd.

On my actual motherboard it says M2N-SLI Deluxe.
But everything else claims it's simply an M2N-E.

A simple error when they stamped the board?

A:Solved: Motherboard says one thing, bios says another?

Probably exact same motherboard, just with an extra PCIe slot. Same chipset and all.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-motherboard-says-one-thing-bios-says-another.880864/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi i have an acer aspire 5535 and i need to replace the bios chip but dont were it is on the motherboard can anyone help me please

A:how to find the bios chip on the motherboard

Hello,

Can you give a little more information on this?

Why do you think you need to replace the 'bios chip'

Dave

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/how-to-find-the-bios-chip-on-the-motherboard-573628.html
Relevancy 43.86%

My motherboard died so I replaced it with one from another system I have. But I now have to re-activate Windows 10 (I upgraded from 8.1 a few days before the MB died). It won't let me without a Windows product key - which is stuck in the BIOS of the OLD (dead) motherboard? How can I get access to it? 

A:how to get windows product key when motherboard/bios not wor...

Martin, welcome to the forum. I suggest that you contact Microsoft Customer Support for help.  They will be able to help you solve your problem.  I don't believe there is any way to access the BIOS in a failed motherboard. Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/how-to-get-windows-product-key-when-motherboard-bios-not/td-p/5650462
Relevancy 43.86%

I have a GA-M68MT-S2 Rev. 3.1 mobo. I am having problems with the computer locking up at times so I wanted to update the BIOS from FB to FC. I put the file to (got it from Gigabyte website for that board for the OS I am running) ... update the BIOS on a flash drive. I have it in the USB port on the mobo. When I go to Q Flash and ask it to update the BIOS it tells me drive not found. Can't do it while in windows either ... what can I do???

A:Can't Update BIOS On Gigabyte MotherBoard

1. Is the flash drive formatted FAT file system
2. QFlash

Updating the BIOS with the Q-Flash Utility

A. Before You Begin

From GIGABYTE's website, download the latest compressed BIOS update file that matches your 1. motherboard model.

Extract the file and save the new BIOS file (e.g. X79UD7.F1) to your USB flash drive or hard drive. Note: 2. The USB flash drive or hard drive must use FAT32/16/12 file system.

Restart the system. During the POST, press the <End> key to enter Q-Flash. Note: You can access Q-Flash 3. by either pressing the <End> key during the POST or pressing the <F8> key in BIOS Setup

For full details please see user guides
http://www.gigabyte.com/webpage/20/HowToReflashBIOS.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-update-bios-on-gigabyte-motherboard.1158605/
Relevancy 43.86%

...but I really haven't any idea how. I'm not even sure what my specs are for those. What's the best way to find out?

Thanks.

Relevancy 43.86%

Hi,

On my D915PBL Motherboard, the BIOS temp always shows at 49 or 50 degrees. I've run three utilities in windows to show temperatures, Intel Desktop Utilities, Everest, and Speedfan. All three of these program show the exact same temperature of 44 - 45 degrees.

Which is most reliable, the programs I've run to monitor the temps in windows, or the BIOS temperature?

A:Motherboard BIOS temp or other monitor

im not sure, i have a similar problem accept all my programs say differently.

pcalert 4 = 129degrees (no im not lying it does say this)
fuzzy logic 4 = 41 degrees
Hmoniter = 38.5 degrees
Thermal Sensors shoved into my heatsink = 32 degrees

I cant win

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motherboard-bios-temp-or-other-monitor.27406/
Relevancy 43.86%

I have a problem with the bios on the asus m5a99x evo r2.0 motherboard. I can start the computer up fine and do everthing on it but when I go into the bios I get this on my screen (picture attached). I am on windows 8.1 pro 64 bit and have the fx8350 cpu. I'm not sure why it's doing this? Any solutions of fixing this ? Thanks for your time!

Relevancy 43.86%

Dear Asus P5W DH Deluxe Motherboard Users

Asus have just released BIOS 2704 Beta Version for those who are interested in downloading it. Refer to the following link:

ASUSTeK Computer Inc.-Support-

Warmest regards

Neil

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/142488-new-bios-asus-p5w-dh-deluxe-motherboard.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi there !

I'm planning on buying either a ASUS M3A76-CM or a Foxconn A7GM-S motherboard for use with my Socket AM3 AMD Phenom X3 720 Black Edition Processor.

However, before I can use the motherboard with my processor, I need to flash/update the BIOS to its latest version so that it supports Socket AM3 processors.

My question is: Can I flash the BIOS with my Socket AM3 processor or do I need a Socket AM2+ processor for this ?

Thank you !

A:Flash BIOS of AM2+ (AM3 compatible) motherboard with AM3 CPU ?

It depends on the motherboard. Some don't POST at all, some recognize the CPU as an "unidentified CPU", and can have the BIOS flashed in that state. As a quick Google glance, it would seem that neither of the mentioned boards are able to pull that. Either of these could be a good idea: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103189 or http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103672
Or maybe go ebay? http://cgi.ebay.com/AMD-Athlon-64-X...s=65:15|66:2|39:1|240:1318|301:1|293:1|294:50

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/flash-bios-of-am2-am3-compatible-motherboard-with-am3-cpu.831975/
Relevancy 43.86%

I'm currently running a Gigabyte 990 FXA - UD5 motherboard with legacy BIOS. Thinking about upgrading the MB to a UEFI Bios. Looking for recommendations/issues/stay away from MB problems that you may or may not have issues with. Basically, what do you likes and why?

A:Recommendations for a UEFI BIOS Motherboard?

I have the Asus Maximus VI Formula
Unless you are into gaming or heavy overclocking, baypass it.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/42739-recommendations-uefi-bios-motherboard.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Could someone tell me where I can get the V1.2 bios for the PT800CE-A board. I have problems with my video card and the tech from my video card company says that the card is fine, that it is just the bios that need to be upgraded.

Thanks
Vern

A:PT800CE-A motherboard bios v1.2 update

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Go to your mobo manufacturers website.

http://www.ecsusa.com/downloads/pt800ce-a.html

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pt800ce-a-motherboard-bios-v1-2-update.21725/
Relevancy 43.86%

I ordered an Asus M2R32-MVP with an Athlon X2 5000+ Black Edition from Newegg.com, set-up the system and got no response even after building with the bare essentials and a variety of other configurations. I get no post and no beeps, but the CPU fan, the video card fan, and the Motherboard green light power indicator all function. I called Asus and they told me that I need to flash the BIOS because the 5000+ Black Edition is a newer processor. I've searched all over the web for this topic and haven't found a thing. In 13 years of building my own computers I've never encountered a dead motherboard does this sound like one or is Asus right and I do need to flash the BIOS?

Relevancy 43.86%

well i've just installed a new motherboard bios update but it seems to have problems for me ... it keep on restarting my computer for nothing . this only happens after i update the motherboard bios so im sure that the update is causing all the restarts for me.

Right now currently im on RC410-M Motherboard BIOS Update Version: 3.24

i wish to get back to RC410-M Motherboard BIOS Update Version: 3.11

but i cant seem to find anyway to get back >.< so please help me.

my comp is Compaq Presario SR1784CF

win xp home edition sp2

thanks inadvance~

A:How Do I Get My Old Version Of Motherboard Bios Back ?

What procedure did you use to flash your BIOS the first time? I'm assuming you can't even access the BIOS screen?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/141225/how-do-i-get-my-old-version-of-motherboard-bios-back/
Relevancy 43.86%

what does it mean when i boot up a computer and i get the message "not detected for main and 2nd on both slaves?" its on a computer with windows xp and wont boot into the os.. thanks .

A:bios problems? motherboard shot? Please help .

Are there any masters on because you need a primary and secondary master for it to detect because slave doesn't detect till the master does. had the same problem on secondary because both were on slave changed one to master and bang it detected and onward to the OS boot.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bios-problems-motherboard-shot-please-help.102582/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hello everyone. When I enter my bios and attempt to make changes the description for various options appear on the left of my screen which get cut off on my screen. I am not sure if there is an option to make all bios options fit my monitor screen so I can see evrything.

A:Motherboard Bios resolution does not fit screen

Try the Auto adjust button on your monitor.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/343575-motherboard-bios-resolution-does-not-fit-screen.html
Relevancy 43.86%

I tried to install the GA-7VAX motherboard w/ 512Mb of PC3200 ram. When turning on the power all I get from the motherboard is one long beep and nothing else. I know usually 3 beeps means video problem but haven't ever had this problem.

Does anyone know where I can get the error code descriptions for this?

Or if someone knows the problem could you please share it with me?

I have looked through the motherboard manual that came with it and it has nothing about the boot error tones!?!?!?

any help appreciated.....thx

BarryOke

A:Gigabyte motherboard not booting to bios

We would have to know the BIOS brand....is it Phoenix, Award, American Megatrends...??

[EDIT} Here is what it says about Award BIOS 1 long beep=memory problems:http://www.pcguide.com/ts/x/sys/beep/award.htm

There is a list of reccommended brands of 3200 RAM chips...look it over, did you use any of these brands? Here:http://tw.giga-byte.com/support/support_ddr400.htm
Most RAM is guaranteed- if reseating does not clear up problem, try swapping modules and slots they are in...try running with just one in. All else fails, RMA the RAM, send it back for refund or replacement...hope you get it fixed!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gigabyte-motherboard-not-booting-to-bios.101504/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hello I recently received a dell inspiron laptop that was having screen and fan issue s The screen issue was fixed by removing the fan and cleaning the filter which had 1564 Inspiron motherboard/bios half a cat in it This stopped the Inspiron 1564 motherboard/bios display going to white screen due to overheating however the fan problem still remained The fan would run at start up and run continuously To try to fix this i checked the dell website for a solution and found a BIOS upgrade that stated to address fan issue s with this model Inspiron 1564 motherboard/bios That s where the fun began Midway through the upgrade stopped but not before putting the original bios in back up another message came on screen to say that battery charging had been disabled that s when everything froze After some time mouse function came back and i tried restarting the laptop As it stands there are no light s with A C or battery the power button does nothing the only way to get life at the moment is to remove the battery hold end and plug in the a c then release end This start s the fan and the disk drive all other external connection s are receiving power but still no life from the power button lights or screen Iv e stripped it down and checked all connection s and there fine My main question is that if the motherboard was fried would the external connection s still receive power I have the attempted bios upgrade on a disk and when it is in the drive it keeps attempting to read it over and over it will not do this with any other disk Any help or suggestion s would be greatly appreciated nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/inspiron-1564-motherboard-bios.1087541/
Relevancy 43.86%

hiya

I have a motherboard capable of 2x AGP speed, a graphics card capable of at least 2x, but no way of changing the speed from 1x in the bios. I have the latest bios for this mobo. Is there any other way (jumper settings or otherwise) of changing this.

mobo - MS-6191 (bios 1.6)
graphics - MSI G4MX-440T

A:motherboard/agp/graphics card/bios?

Make sure that you installed the VIA AGP driver in 'Turbo' mode - otherwise you will be restricted to AGP1X only

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/motherboard-agp-graphics-card-bios.85391/
Relevancy 43.86%

The other day I was in booting not up Troubleshooting: BIOS Motherboard the middle of using my computer when the computer decided to restart Now at first I was a little concerned until I realized that the cpu was running hot the computer had been on for quiet a while and I just recently had increased the core speed to but since I m running a AMD athalon I felt it should be Troubleshooting: Motherboard BIOS not booting up able to handle it With the realization that the computer was at a critical level I turned the computer off and let it sit for a while Then after an hour or so I turned it back on and everything was working fine I used it for a while and decided that it probably wasn t smart to stay at the speed so I turned the computer off and reset the BIOS to return it to the default state Well when I tried to turn the computer back on the fans came on but other then that nothing happened There were no beeps to indicate any errors nor any other distinguishing noises events I have tried to reset the BIOS once more as well as pulled each part out individually trying to see if any of the peripheral devices were the problem Yet my computer has remained unresponsive to me The only thought that I have left is that my CMOS battery is shot and I need a new one or that maybe somehow I fried my Motherboard Either way if anyone else has encountered a similar problem or has any ideas for me to try out I would be extremely appriciative Thanks Siliton nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/troubleshooting-motherboard-bios-not-booting-up.20505/
Relevancy 43.86%

i installed everest, and it says that my video bios is nearly 2 years outdated. it could be the explanation as to why my video card has been acting flaky. i have downloaded the motherboard system bios, so that it up to date. i dont know what it means with the video bios. my motherboard is an Asus k8n-e deluxe 1 socket 754. my video card is an ATI radeon 9800 pro 128 mb. and i have a AMD athlon 64 processor 2800+

so if anyone knows how i can update video bios. please help.

thanks.

A:Updating Video BIOS for motherboard

This explains it pretty well: http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/91

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/updating-video-bios-for-motherboard.77874/
Relevancy 43.86%

My board have dual BIOS so I guess it means the spare(?) BIOS is the backup in case of crash. If that's the case do I have to set it up or is it loaded with the defaults?

A:My Gigabyte B75 motherboard with dual BIOS

Yes its basically your spare tire as far as motherboards go. Lets say you are flashing your BIOS and the power goes out. In most situations with a single Bios, this will mean your MOBO is basically dead. If this happens, you simply restart the PC and it does it automatically.

For more information, check this out:
--GIGABYTE--DUAL BIOS WEB

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/312419-my-gigabyte-b75-motherboard-dual-bios.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Greetings,

I'm looking for a BIOs update for the P5Q Deluxe Motherboard. I've gone to their site to get some updates, but it's rather confusing to someone like me who isn't very tech with this - considering I've never updated BIOs myself before.
I hope someone can help me out! I'm running on W7 Home Premium 64-bit.

All I've managed to find are these: Asus P5Q Deluxe Motherboard BIOS Update 2301 Download
But they're quite old, so I'm not sure if these are the most recent?

Thanks in advance

A:Asus P5Q Deluxe Motherboard BIOS

I would check the asus website... And honestly unless if you hare having direct issues related to the motherboard I do not suggest updating your bios since you are not very tech savy...

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/122779-asus-p5q-deluxe-motherboard-bios.html
Relevancy 43.86%

I'm trying to install a second slave drive onto an old computer but the comp gives me an error just before it finishes trying to format the slave drive when I try to do it in XP.

My master drive is 80GB and my slave is 40GB.

Is it possible that the mobo bios recognises both drives as breaching the 137GB limit that some mobo's have.

Cheers
Mark

Relevancy 43.86%

I bought a new biostar p4m00-m4 motherboard sockett is 478 and it runs a pentium 4 processor at 2.6 ghz. i had everything in stalled correctly and everyhting running smoothly until i went to update the bios with its flash utility. MIdway through the update power cut off and bam i was done for.... now the problem is when i boot everything cuts on except the monitor. it gets a signal but it goes in to power save mode...is there any suggestions any one can get me

A:Bios+Motherboard failure need imminent help

What power cut off. I have never seen a system board survive a BIOS update that was interrupted by by any power shutdown. We would be surprised if you can get that board back to a reliable working state. Call your dealer or BIOStar tech support if you fee BIOStar caused this BIOS update failure.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bios-motherboard-failure-need-imminent-help.105529/
Relevancy 43.86%

I am building a new pc, and I purchased an ASUS M4A88TD-M/USB3 MB a couple of weeks ago...I suspect that the BIOS is of around April - 2010...(302)....I will save the current BIOS to a Flash Drive, before updating current BIOS, but my question is....there are a lot of newer versions, with the latest being 901....If I download the latest version, does it encompass all the other version updates prior ? I intend to use Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit....Thanks in advance....

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bios-update-to-asus-motherboard.157616/
Relevancy 43.86%

The title says it all but,

I found a recently new driver (5.31 Rev.A) in this website: http://soggi.eu/mbs/msi-oem/MS-7525-VER-1.0-Boston.htm. Is it going to go smoothly or brick itself up? I don't even know if it's possible to flash the old bios so I can restore it anytime just in case this one screws up.

A:Updating my motherboard's bios driver. Is it okay?

It`s not called a driver, you are simply updating or flashing your bios.

If you don`t know what you`re doing, don`t do it.

There`s no need to update the bios unless you are having a specific problem that the latest bios will address.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/391681-updating-my-motherboards-bios-driver-okay.html
Relevancy 43.86%

I wish to change my system to use UEFI from the older bios system

but I have run into the single problem of changing the disk from MBR to GPT

I have lots of things I need to back up and i want my windows system to be how it is now. The problem is Windows system image apparently does not like applying MBR imaged disks to GPT disks.
So i want to know how i can change my disk from MBR to GPT and get it working with the UEFI without losing anything before i get my new motherboard.

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/33487-changing-bios-motherboard-uefi.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Hello guys I have an AMD XP CPU and the motherboard has built in shared video I recently bought a PCI vid card because the board doesn t have any AGP slot First I forgot to disable the on-board video before installing the PCI vid but it works at bit resolution The other PCI cards such as modem and sound didn t work properly The screen were blurry So I played with the BIOS I disable the shared memory on board thought that the PCI Vid card would take over but the system wouldn t start up at all When I restarted the computer there were beeps from the machine and the screen goes blank without even start up the screen where I press DEL to go to the BIOS How do MotherBoard with Video BIOS, help Please and Card, I reset the BIOS so that I will start up default I took out the PCI Vid card and it still Please help with BIOS, Video Card, and MotherBoard doesn t work If I disconnect the power and take out the little battery will it auto reset the BIOS and motherboard to default Thanks in advance guys nbsp

A:Please help with BIOS, Video Card, and MotherBoard

You can take out the battery, but also look for a small jumper often near the battery. Usually the set up is that the 1 and 2 pins are jumpered. Briefly moving the jumper to pins 2 and 3 will reset CMOS.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/please-help-with-bios-video-card-and-motherboard.333472/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi ... I have windows xp pro and i want to flash my bios setting with the newest bios version , How do you do using dos and aslo how do i get dos on xp computer ??? Thank you for any advise given in a advance

Relevancy 43.86%

Okay, so I guess my original thread got locked...? Anyways, my old thread is HERE, if your looking for the back story on all this.  Short version: I flashed my AAHD3-HB's BIOS from 7.07 to 7.16 and it bricked the board. But..... It's back!    AND, it's running 7.16. Which appereantly this board was not supposed to use? -See other thread. No thanks to HP of course, I had to jump through hoops to flash the BIOS back. I re-flashed the BIOS by using the ROM Recovery header and this guide HERE. If anyone needs any info on how to unbrick there AAHD3-HB, feel free to send me a PM and I'd be glad to help you out.  Thanks for the BIOS bricking update HP!    

A:AAHD3-HB Motherboard 7.16 BIOS Fixed

Thank you for posting the solution for your problem.  It may help others with the same problem who are tech saavy enough to complete the process.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/AAHD3-HB-Motherboard-7-16-BIOS-Fixed/td-p/4196822
Relevancy 43.86%

So my mother have a computer with all her schoolwork on it. recently she entered The "weird oldschool looking settings before loggin" I assume she means the BIOS and she changed some screensettings making the screen disepear so nothing is shown. You cant see anything even if you restart. and I need help with what i should do to reset the BIOS without a screen and without deleting files of the computer.

A:Motherboard BIOS (windows V) (URGENT)

Not knowing exactly what screen you mother was on and what changes were made makes is impossible for us to give advice on how to go about fixing this.

What's type of PC is this....laptop/tower? What is the exact make/model of said PC?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/motherboard-bios-windows-v-urgent.1169418/
Relevancy 43.86%

Quote from my friends problem recently removed my computer drives - master and slave- when i went on holiday I put the system back in order and recently noticed my slave drive has not shown up in quot My Computer quot list I tried swapping the ribbon cables with no changes So i swapped the position of both drives in case it was the power cable Both are SATA so they use the same power cable But still no changes I removed motherboard or it drive this the of Is which or hard bios , is cause the slave drive F Drive and placed it into an external caddie and booted up It started to install driver for it and is running fine from there So after that i re installed it into the PC and still no change It simply does not exist I have run the boot set up on startup and it is not listed there It is simply a ghost to the PC Any ideas what it could be or how i could sort this issue out Also in hardware profiles under show hidden drives it is listed and clicking this states it is not connected Is there any solution that would help my friend Is it motherboard or hard drive or bios , which is the cause of this solve his problem N B please take that internal hard drive instead of slave

A:Is it motherboard or hard drive or bios , which is the cause of this

Quote:
recently removed my computer drives - master and slave

Both are SATA

There's some confusion from the start. There is no such thing as master and slave with SATA drives! Master and slave drives come from the old technology, EIDE (PATA) drives where you could have two drives attached to one "data" cable and one motherboard connector. With two drives on one data cable, there needed to be a way for the system to keep track of the drives, so one drive was designated as master, the other as slave. And this was determined by a jumper on the back of the drive and where on the cable the drive was connected.

But with SATA drives there is only one drive per data cable. Every drive has it own data cable and motherboard connector. So no master or slave designation is needed.

You can have more than one drive on a power cable with SATA, but that has nothing to do with master and slave - as again, no such thing with SATA drives.

The boot drive is determined by the boot order set in the BIOS.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/398368-motherboard-hard-drive-bios-cause.html
Relevancy 43.43%

I ve reinstall windows 7 but the problem is that I dont know If I still need all that motherboard software which came with a instaltion CD which you might guess is no longer compatible. So I refered to my manufacturer motherboard page and found all these stuff http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Int...1333/#download
The versions are old but something is telling me I need those. What intricates me even more are those BIOS downloads.I see diff versions there.Do I need all of them if its the case?

A:Motherboard software( Bios,Chipset ,audio VGA).Need these?

Unlikely you will need any of them. Windows 7 is extremely driver complete.

Open Device Manager and see if there are any yellow marks. If not all is well.

Click on Start, type devmgmt.msc and press Enter.

If there any, get the drivers from the ASUS site: Support For Motherboard P5GC-MX/1333

Make sure you select 32 or 64 bit correctly.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/231649-motherboard-software-bios-chipset-audio-vga-need-these.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Hello I was just wondering if someone can help me with a problem that i have with a motherboard Bios that comes with dh67cl intel.

ok let see i just have a screen that appears when i switch on the pc the bios popup a message that said clear bios password a follow the instructions to do this and after that shutdown the pc change the jumper bios to the normal mode and start de pc but again pop up the same window with the same message clear the password bios again .Note :The Bios recognize all parts of the pc in main window.

I can't figure out what seems to be the problem or if i did something wrong please help me with this case

thanks a lot I'll hopefully wait for your help

A:BIOS problem with DH67CL INTEL motherboard

The instructions begin on page 52 of the Intel Desktop Board DH67CL Product Guide.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bios-problem-with-dh67cl-intel-motherboard.1128249/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hellow so today i orderd my first gaming pc i was really happy until i tried messing with it so i started messing with it because i was having problems opening up BIOS everytime i restarted my computer i held shift while restarting also i spammed i held onto all the keys imaginable while Gigabyte ( Motherboard CMOS errors BIOS and ) my computer was restarting to try to open up the bios it kinda Gigabyte Motherboard errors ( CMOS and BIOS ) worked it showed up the big pointer arrow that BIOS has but after that it Gigabyte Motherboard errors ( CMOS and BIOS ) turned pitch black so Gigabyte Motherboard errors ( CMOS and BIOS ) after that i started looking for tutorials on what i could do to make it work so i found a brilliant tutorial remove de CMOS he said after i removed the cmos when i turn on my computer it apears the gigabyte logo and pitch black it goes nothing happens i dont have pendrive or a cd reader i can use i can probably get a pendrive easily what can i do to get this to work i need help i have been the past HOURS working on this looking at a black screen cannot help but shed some tears specs processor intel i - motherboard GIGABYTE GA-B M-D PH CHIPSET B gpu gigabyte gtx x gb ram kingston HyperX what do i have to do i didnt not understand what i did and i found no explanation for what happend either besides that i cleared the CMOS i thought my BIOS was locked and i had to clear the CMOS to be able to access the BIOS again i have the graphics card and the mother board's cd's with me if i have to use them can i it be done with a pendrive any help would be insanely appreciated in my moments of helplessness

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/gigabyte-motherboard-errors-cmos-bios-4605201/
Relevancy 43.43%

MY SPECS
Motherboard: Asus p8z68 v-le
Ram:1600ddr3 2x4gb kingston
video card: gtx460
CPU: intel5 2500k with hyper 212
PSU: basiq 550w+
OS:windows 7 professional 32 bit(going to upgrade to 64 bit soon)

i just finished building my rig and i dont get any beeps except for one which indicates the successful post. my problem is my motherboard go's straight to bios and when i exit bios it restarts and go's right back. ive checked all the cables, had the ram replaced, cpu fan was installed correctly, everything is normal. i don't know why it wont continue forward. although i dont have a cd-drive because my old one is a IDE cable version and the new motherboard i got doesn't support it, could this be a problem? i always booted from the harddrive also.

A:motherboard wont boot past bios

If you don't have an optical drive, how did you install the OS on your hard drive for the new computer? If you are trying to boot to a hard drive that has Win 7 installed on it while it wa in a different computer, it isn't going to work anyway, New motherboard requires clean istallation of Windows 7.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/motherboard-wont-boot-past-bios.1034090/
Relevancy 43.43%

I recently installed a new video card(ATI Radeon HD 6870). After successful installation of the card and all drivers I found that my audio no longer worked. On AMD's website it says that the easiest way to fix this problem caused by an "IRQ conflict between the motherboards onboard audio device and the ATI Radeon HD graphics card." is to enable the on-board audio in BIOS setup.

My Specs:

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Enterprise, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5200+, AMD64 Family 15 Model 107 Stepping 2
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 2047 Mb
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series, 1024 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 238371 MB, Free - 124129 MB;
Motherboard: ASUSTeK Computer INC., M3A78-EM
Antivirus: AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2012, Updated and Enabled

Relevancy 43.43%

Hi people.
Can anyone tell how I would go about updating my BIOS?
I need to update it to fully support my AMD FX-4100 Processor.
This is the motherboard http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3907#ov
I have gone onto where it says downloaded and I downloaded the latest BIOS
But when I clicked run nothing happened, Is this meant to happen?
and I don't want to have to flash my BIOS as a lot of places say its a bad thing to do, unless that is the only way of doing it?
Also, how do you find out what is your current BIOS? I thought it told you when you went in the BIOS but I couldn't see it anywhere?

Please could someone help me. Thanks!

Relevancy 43.43%

hiI added 3Gb Ram and installed Window 7 Ultimate 64bit on HP Pavilion Media Center t3630.it, I can not use all the RAM that I added. (6GB visas / 3.5GB usable)Searching the HP website is only updated bios for XP and Vista.On this forum recommended to make a partition with XP or Vista (no installs no system) what can I do?

Solved!
View Solution.

A:Update the motherboard BIOS P5LP-LE, RAM 6Gb visas / 3.5Gb u...

The motherboard was designed to function with four 1GB modules. It does not allow more.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Update-the-motherboard-BIOS-P5LP-LE-RAM-6Gb-visas-3-5Gb/td-p/4838011
Relevancy 43.43%

hello,

I would like to set my motherboard back to it's original bios config. I would like to clear the cmos. I have a msi K8T neo2 version 6202E. I want to clear becuase I was messing with the two drives I have and I slowed down my pc. Boots are slow, very slow since the fiddling. I know it's not the drives becuase I formated and cleared them. If I jump the JBAT1, will I loose anything, or will it set to factory and I have to load drivers again.( which I want)
Thank you

A:set motherboard bios cmos to factory default.

If you take the CMOS battery out for 15mins that should clear all the BIOS settings and therefore set it to factory settings,

Dan

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/set-motherboard-bios-cmos-to-factory-default.45843/
Relevancy 43.43%

Help! BIOS update IPISB-NK Motherboard 7.11 Rev A of Mar 2014 (file sp56743) for BIOS AMI 7.05 of Sep 2011 on 520-1070 Desktop of Feb 2012 - is it advised before Windows 10 upgrade?  HP Customer Support web says update BIOS before.  Procedure for BIOS update stresses importance of correct Motherboard SSID; followed procdure - found Motherboard IPISB (LavocoSB) - no SSID shown.  Also did startup interrupt and found Sytem BIOS LAV_705.ROM v 7.05. Are AMI 7.05 and LAV_705.ROM v  7.05 the same and should the BIOS IPISB-NK be downloaded and installed as a replacement for the AMI 7.05 BIOS?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/BIOS-update-IPISB-NK-Motherboard-amp-11-Rev-A-of-Mar-2014/td-p/5631759
Relevancy 43.43%

HI everyone, My company is looking to buy a couple of these, however, we first need to know what motherboard is in the device and also what power options are available in the BIOS. I have tried ACER IT support but there were unable to help me. I was hoping one of you may be able to aid me. Thanks, James.  

http://community.acer.com/t5/Revo/M1-601-UR51-Motherboard-and-BIOS-power-options/td-p/453052
Relevancy 43.43%

I've been trying to find BIOS and Chipset updates for my computer, but every site I've seen only lists what the newer version of the updates do without supplying a download. I've attached a report from EVEREST since I'm not 100% sure what to look for in the categories.

I want to update the files to see if my video card stability isn't going to be an issue anymore. Random reboots and hard locks aren't going too well.

Relevancy 43.43%

Greetings all I have searched up and down the forums for an answer to this and my issue is slightly more specific than most This is a rundown of my setup OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack bit Processor AMD Athlon tm Processor RAM MB Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GX MB Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer INC M N PRO XX MS C B CD DVD Sony DVD-RW - Failure Not Functioning at the Moment I think that s USB ASUS Solved: Motherboard BIOS - Boot all that is currently relevant to the issue I purchased Windows Ultimate from NewEgg Solved: ASUS Motherboard BIOS - USB Boot Received my discs awesome - used the Windows USB DVD Tool to install Solved: ASUS Motherboard BIOS - USB Boot windows onto an external drive of mine which is plugged in via USB Reason for this is my DVD drive as listed above is not currently functioning so I wanted to install via USB Well of course I run SETUP upon powering on my pc and there are no options under boot priority related to USB at all My options are still Hard Disk Solved: ASUS Motherboard BIOS - USB Boot CD Drive Removable Devices I know the computer is recognizing the drive because when I move to the hard-disk portion of the BIOS it shows the drive listed Granted I am not a computer wiz I do know a lot and am well rounded in almost all aspects but this I am not Am I missing something When the computer recognizes the drive that I have plugged into via USB that to me says the port and USB are functioning correctly The drive fully works when in Windows I guess my question is ASUS Updater is telling me my BIOS are up to date I have been told that this motherboard has the capability to boot from USB local computer store tech guy looked it up for me What am I missing Was he incorrect in saying that my motherboard can support booting from USB I apologize for the novel just wanted to make sure I had all the details in there to make it easier nbsp

Relevancy 43.43%

Hello, After I got the motherboard replaced (on a y5070) at the Lenovo Service Center, the BIOS time increased quite a bit. Before it was 2.8 seconds and now it is about 7 sec (according to info povided by Windows Task Manager) I have the latest BIOS update (as I did before), the Windows is fresh-installed and the motherboard is new, but it takes longer to boot...Preety weird right?    

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Long-BIOS-time-after-replacing-motherboard/td-p/3368230
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi,

Iam having M572 mother board with AMIBIOS release 12/16/1997 s.
On the chip it is mentioned as H.T M21186 C9748
I could not figureout the manufacturer.

Which is the BIOS chip compatible with M572 motherboard?

If any other information is needed kindly get back to me.

Regards
Krishna Kumar

A:Which is the BIOS chip compatible with M572 motherboard?

Not Sure what it is your looking for, your motherboard is a PC Chips M572, The BIOS chip is what you have specified AMI BIOS !

If you are looking for the BIOS Flash Upgrade...

http://www.bios-drivers.com/drivers/55/55924.htm

But be warned any mistake will trash your board !

Please let us know if it is something else you are looking for.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/which-is-the-bios-chip-compatible-with-m572-motherboard.138149/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi,

Iam having M572 motherboard with the following details

BIOS Release: 12/16/1977 S
BIOS Version: 2.5
BIOS Chip: H.T. M21186 C9748
Problem:
I tried to upgrade the BIOS to the latest release i.e 02/24/1999 S and was not successful.
I used AMINF332.exe utility.
After executing the above exe from command promt I got the following Message

DOS/4G Protected Mode Run time Version 2.01a
Copyright (c) Tenberry Software Inc. 1996
Chipset Type - Intel 430-TX
Flash Part - MIXC28F1000PPC
ERROR 2 - File does not exist

What does ERROR 2 mean? How can I upgrade my BIOS?
Regards
Krishna Kumar

A:BIOS upgrade problem for M572 motherboard

"file does not exist" usually means you typed the wrong file name of the flash file.

lets say the flash file is called 5721127s.bin you need to type AMINF332 5721127s.bin and press enter at a clean command prompt.

I see your other post regarding a new bios chip? Does this one no longer work?

Bios updates should only be used to fix specific problems not just because a newer one is out.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bios-upgrade-problem-for-m572-motherboard.137848/
Relevancy 43.43%

hello i was half way threw a bios update on my foxconn a6vmx motherboard and there was a power cut,rendering pc dusbin material,some one told me theres a back up facilty on board?please can any one help thanx jez

A:foxconn motherboard bios update fail

Is this an AMI BIOS.
If so, and you can get the new BIOS onto a floppy, there is a possibility you may still be able to flash the new BIOS.

Most Mobos with an AMI BIOS will look for a floppy disk with a bios update on it.
see: http://www.biosman.com/biosrecovery.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/foxconn-motherboard-bios-update-fail.905950/
Relevancy 43.43%

THIS NEEDS TO BE SOLVED BY TOMORROW!!!

So, I built my friend a PC a year ago when I didn't know much about computers. I got her a Biostar A880GZ mATX board (only 2 ram slots, 1 pcix16, 4 plug CPU power, etc) and a 650 Ti which had problems. She just got a 760 (nvidia reference but i was too late to tell her to buy another) and now it just gets to the motherboard display screen, says Press <DEL> to enter setup, but it doesn't work.
I've tried unplugging the sata ports, taking gpu out and in again, taking out the battery and putting it back in, but nothing works. She's really pissed and has a paper due friday, I need this to be fixed by tomorrow.. What do I do?

A:[URGENT] Motherboard won't let me get into BIOS/BOOT after new GPU upgrade

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/urgent-motherboard-wont-let-me-get-into-bios-boot-after-new-gpu-upgrade.1115515/
Relevancy 43.43%

Well i turned on my pc and the screen said this.

Award BootBlock BIOS v1.0
Copyright (c) 2000, Award Software Inc.

BIOS ROM checksum error

Detecting floppy drive A media
INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTERClick to expand...

So I went to the bios manufacturers web site and on the site it says.

The checksum of the BIOS code in the BIOS chip is incorrect, indicating the BIOS code may have become corrupt. Contact your system dealer to replace the BIOS.Click to expand...

How do I replace the bios on my system, because I built it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:BIOS Problem Elitegroup K7VTA3 v0.8 Motherboard.

first off, i'd like to point out that ecs (with the exception of a few models) makes pretty crappy motherboards that often fail like this. you can see whether the battery has gone dead, or download bios updates from the ecs website.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bios-problem-elitegroup-k7vta3-v0-8-motherboard.33016/
Relevancy 43.43%

Right now I m running Windows bit on MSI P Neo Combo motherboard gigabytes DDR BFGtech Nvidia gtx other update won't things.. among BIOS Motherboard work mb gigabyte Western digital hard drive rpm Default BIOS version I m not sure just how much more is relevant so ask if you need more information on my system Here s my problem Today I got another gigabyte stick of RAM for Motherboard BIOS update won't work among other things.. my computer Putting into Channel B results in a strange error It tells me that quot the performance of overclocking is failed quot and refuses to boot windows It only offers that I can open up the boot menu or go into the BIOS to edit settings I deduced that since the memory chip wasn t dead that I was having an issue with the BIOS I did some research and found that my BIOS was outdated Version is out and it has improved memory capabilities which I assume means that it will support unbuffered sticks of memory Attempting to update my BIOS results in another error It tells me that the version of the file I m trying to install isn t compatible with my operating system and that I need to check for a version of the file that s compatible with bit My BIOS update however only has one to my knowledge download link on the MSI homepage and it says NOTHING with regards to whether it s necessary to have a bit version of it or not Please someone has to have some insight here I know someone has a clue on how to fix this Anything any of you can offer me will be very much appreciated I ve already tried asking MSI tech support for help but they ve been essentially useless thus far nbsp

A:Motherboard BIOS update won't work among other things..

What method of BIOS flashing have you tried thus far?

The official page for the mainboard specifies that it already supports two unbuffered 1.5v DIMM modules

http://us.msi.com/index.php?func=proddesc&maincat_no=1&cat2_no=&cat3_no=&prod_no=1216

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motherboard-bios-update-wont-work-among-other-things.145553/
Relevancy 43.43%

hey all, was just wondering if it's possible for this to happen? can the motherboard BIOS write to the HDD? i'm asking because i'll be buying a 2nd hand mboard.

never used an old mboard before so i was just wondering.

thanks

A:Possible for Motherboard BIOS to come with a trojan/malicious software?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/possible-for-motherboard-bios-to-come-with-a-trojan-malicious-software.975651/