Windows Support Forum

Betwen a rock and a hard place. Laptop display on a LCD TV

Q: Betwen a rock and a hard place. Laptop display on a LCD TV

I have a LCD TV that has a native resolution of 1280 x 768 my darn laptop (IBM T40) resolution maxes at 1024x768 making the display look horrible on my TV when connected using the s-video out portion.

Is there anything at all I can do to make it look better? It does have an SVGA port on it but would just changing the S-Video to SVGA really make it so its not squished and fuzzy?

The kicker is the specs show - which means it should display just fine right?

Compatible Modes
NTSC 480i
HD Ready 480p, 720p, 1080i
PC 640 x 480, 800 x 600 1024 x 768, 1280 x 768

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Betwen a rock and a hard place. Laptop display on a LCD TV

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 93.31%

Well this has been going for ages now ever since my old place. a between rock I'm a and hard HDD died Basically I created a new windows install I'm between a rock and a hard place. on one of my older HDD then did a direct copy when my RMA HDD came back from Seagate This is where the problems started I think because I copied them completely wrong now the installs from the old and the one on the new HDD are intertwined in some way as when I'm between a rock and a hard place. I try to install anything that uses the msi install package it says it cannot be accessed however it works when I go back to the older install on my other HDD My analysis is that it's trying to access it from the other install on my other HDD I've tried everything to resolve this re installing re registering the install registry edits You link it I've tried it So I decided the only option would be a clean reinstall seeing a repair install isn't available either Now however I've hit another wall I've backed up all my data and ready to go with a restore once I reinstall Vista However if I try and restore the data I won't have any space due to the fact the old data is still there I'm nervous about deleting the data in order to restore it because I really don't want to loose it all about GB altogether So I'm looking for some advice and reassurance really are the backups reliable to restore If I restore will it all restore my old broken install On a side note my current install seems to think GMT is - hours so I have to set it to GMT to get the correct time any idea why that is Thanks alot in advance for any comments suggestions solutions Sorry if some of the grammar and spelling is abit off I've wrote this in a hurry A screenshot with some annotations of my current situation - http imgkk com i boVbY R png

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/232919-im-between-rock-hard-place.html
Relevancy 90.3%

The rock is a locked or something WD external drive I THINK something is wrong with the drive because I have tried to install in on another desktop and on two laptops but it is not recognized I ve had it for at least a year I think with no problems until a few says ago It was the big backup Rock and a Dragon HARD 13 Between Solved: WD1230 vs a Place to the other backup another WD drive That drive is working well but the just ceased Solved: Between a Rock and a HARD Place WD1230 vs Dragon 13 to exist except on control panel under devices and printers CP says it s clearly there When I right click there I get all kinds of messages in drive and device management saying the devise is working properly However when I go to my computer to access the drive it s not there It was my K drive but the last thing I see now is the J drive which was is the other WD drive I have been all over the internets looking at how to unlock this drive and disable the safe removal feature but nothing is working working although these are the suggested reasons it s not being read I really don t want to reformat b c there s a lot of data there including a my Dragon program Since I was jammed up and Really needed Dragon I decided to uninstall the K drive and reinstall Dragon to the C drive where I had another copy of the install program stashed I could not install nor uninstall from C drive so I went to Amazon an got a downloadable copy and also purchased disks which arrived today New program same story I cannot install because of the hard place The hard place is Dragon When I attempt to install or uninstall any copy I have of Dragon from the c drive download or disks the program always look for the K drive and reports various critical registration files missing then at this point the installation program uninstalls what was done so far Remember this happens when I attempt to install or uninstall Dragon I am at my limited wits end I really need Dragon and this is the place I come to when I have to consider a reformat hoping for a work around I have been a member for a long time and am really hoping for some solid advice As it stands I can t even install the program because of this phantom K drive Otherwise everything else is working fine I regularly run malware and antivirus programs which I turned off at one point in an attempt to install this program but have since turend back on since it made no difference What should I do Win Gateway dx User nbsp

A:Solved: Between a Rock and a HARD Place WD1230 vs Dragon 13

Hmmm, so this is really bad.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-between-a-rock-and-a-hard-place-wd1230-vs-dragon-13.1146561/
Relevancy 67.08%

Hi,
I have a HP EliteBook 8470p laptop (14", core i5-3320M [email protected] GHz, 4Gb of RAM, 64-bit system) with Windows 7 Enterprise Sevice Pack 1.
I can only select three resolutions.
1600x900 (too small for me)
1024x760 (too big for me)
800x600
In advance options > List all Modes, I cannot select nothing between 1024x760 and 1600x900
I have tried to update the driver, but windows says I have the most updated one --> Driver is Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000.
My monitor driver is "Generic PnP Monitor" and Windows says I have the most updated driver.
And my Display is named "Mobile PC Display".
With windows vista, I was able to select resolutions between 1024x760 and 1600x900.
I have tried to look the solution by editing monitor.inf from C:\Windows\inf\ folder, but I am not sure how to edit.
Could you please help me?
Thanks!
Regards,
Javier

A:Can't set any resolution betwen 1600x900 and 1024x768 on my laptop

What happens if you slide it down?
And, you may check your system for latest driver updates in Intel? Driver Update Utility.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/282687-cant-set-any-resolution-betwen-1600x900-1024x768-my-laptop.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Okay so I am doing work on this guys computer He had windows vista I put windows on another partition That one wouldn't work with one program so I put another windows on a third partition This is over the course of a couple months ending in a few days ago Recently he has put some files in a program called NeatWorks that manages his receipts for his business so this is very vital stuff He has already shredded the receipts I need to get this partition bootable or at the very least able to access What I did was I booted into a gparted disk took out the vists and old partition and resized the new to take over their space that was done but there were a couple gigabyte partitions at the beginning I told it to resize to take them because what the heck a and place. of laptop Sort 3 one hard URGENT partitions, It did then it started another process or moving the stuff to the beginning of the disk I 3 partitions, one laptop and a hard place. Sort of URGENT wasn't paying attention and clicked cancel and confirm cancel on the following message saying quot DONT MESS WITH CRAP quot and now this partition isn't readable I've tried chkdsk f that says write protected I tried fixmbr which did nothing I have tried checking to see if I can install vista on another partition but it says g HD with free I tried DISKPART off the startup disk and it says that the filesystem shows up as raw I am in the gparted disk again looking through testdisk and it says there is no partition really Disk part shows me three partitions though volume and is around gigs so thats the partition I need but I can't access it or make it bootable I tried act to make it active but now when I load the system without any other disc in there it just repeats on a flashing cursor I'm not sure what else to do I really need to get this guys computer fixed but I'm in over my head here

A:3 partitions, one laptop and a hard place. Sort of URGENT

One thing I can suggest is to use Recuva to try and recover the partition or the files from it...

Recuva - Undelete, Unerase, File and Disk Recovery - Free Download

Good Luck...

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/116136-3-partitions-one-laptop-hard-place-sort-urgent.html
Relevancy 64.07%

please i did a mistake yesterday i place a magnet a very powerful magnet, near my pc at work last night and since den my pc is not booting
its telling me that hard drive not found
please what can i do?
somebody help!!

A:hello please i place magnet near my hard drive on laptop but its not working again

It would have had to be a very powerful magnet to erase the drive -- more likely is a coincidental drive failure.
Unplug the system, remove or disconnect the battery and hold the power button for 30 sec.  Remove and reinstall the hard drive -- if it's then still not seen, replace it.
If you need further information, we'll need to know what model system (i.e., Inspiron N5110, 5523, etc.) you have.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19993702
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi, ( Newbie To This Site )

I bought an external Rock 120 Gig hard drive, Works great, ( But came with no instructions ) It is powered directly from the USB port on the computer, However, the cable that came with the drive, has one end that connects to the drive, the other end of the cable has 2 USB plugs, which one is connected to my computer.
My question is: Is the other USB plug for another computer? and if so, Will the drive be getting too much power if connect to both computers?
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks In Advance,
Wiz.

A:Solved: Rock Hard Drive Question

No, its possibly for daisy chaining other USB devices to it. Do NOT try to connect to 2 computers at once as you may corrupt contents of the drive.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-rock-hard-drive-question.738309/
Relevancy 58.48%

Ok... So here is my problem....model:hd2-su2
Lights were blinking for the last few days, it keeps restarting itself.... Now It is empty... and says it isn't even formated. Does this mean I have lost everything on it? If so what happened?

Relevancy 56.33%

Hello there I have two XP Pro laptops connected to my wireless router at home One of them is a year old Fujitsu Amilo Intel Core Duo with Intel wireless adapter The other a new Fujitsu Lifebook AH Intel i with Intel Centrino Wireless N adapter The connection of the old laptop seems very stable even when it is far from the router The connection of the new laptop is very unstable I installed quot connection monitor quot on both and set it up to monitor the connection to the router On the newer laptop the replay time varies from to ms and connection seems to freeze and restart Connection to the DNS is very slow and is often interrupted On the old laptop I can see the replay time steady around ms Unstable one rock Solved: wireless - another laptop for solid connection for however the number of brief disconnects is high Solved: Unstable wireless connection for one laptop - rock solid for another without affecting the internet browsing experience though The router is set to a clean channel The computer settings are almost identical and both adapters are updated to the latest drivers The performance though is much different Any ideas what could cause the new laptop which was bought to replace the old to have such a bad wireless connection Thank you in advance nbsp

A:Solved: Unstable wireless connection for one laptop - rock solid for another

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-unstable-wireless-connection-for-one-laptop-rock-solid-for-another.1017332/
Relevancy 54.18%

I installed a Gigabyte "GA-X48-DQ6" motherboard into an Antec 300 case. It powers up but there is no place to screw in my 15 pin LCD connector. Hopefully there is an adapter. If anyone knows of one I would be grateful to learn of it. Thank you !

Relevancy 52.03%

O/S Windows XP. There is a delay between the time I type something and the time it appears.

A:Hesitation betwen typing and the seeing what is typed.

Does this happen all the time, or just when using certain applications (e.g. word processor, browser),and how long (approximately) is the delay?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/265445/hesitation-betwen-typing-and-the-seeing-what-is-typed/
Relevancy 52.03%

i have conflict betwen mouse and modem
i have modem/fax/sound card all in one
i have p75 mhz, ram 24mb, hd 1,6 gb
when i try to conect to internet the mouse stop. when i close internet mouse work.
irq (interapt request)for modem is 3 and mouse is 3
when i try to change irq for modem and mouse don't work
thanks

A:conflict betwen mouse and modem

Just a thought, have you tried moving the mouse to com1? Or perhaps the modem/sound card to com1. That would change one of the two to using irq4 instead of 3. Sometimes that is possible that would be one thing to try.

good luck
prborel

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/conflict-betwen-mouse-and-modem.32409/
Relevancy 52.03%

diferance betwen a data cd and cd for audio?i expect to hear the music with a audio cd better than a data cd?thanks for the attention

A:diferance betwen a data cd and cd for audio?

A audio cd will play in most CD players you find in a home.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/diferance-betwen-a-data-cd-and-cd-for-audio.519555/
Relevancy 52.03%

hi,
  how mutch traffic is expecte to be generate between the Gateways and the ATA server?
  There is a any table with that?
  thkx
  AC

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0c32732d-0264-47a7-848b-155712573653/traffic-betwen-ata-gateway-and-ata-server?forum=mata
Relevancy 51.17%

i have ubuntu installed on one of my PCs and vista installed on 3 more PCs i have all of the vista machines setup for file sharing what is a simple way of sharin with the lnux box ? ( its over a wireless network

A:File share betwen ununtu and vista

Try using Samba. I heard that people were able to wirelessly share files between xp and ubuntu. I'm not sure about vista, but check it out.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/file-share-betwen-ununtu-and-vista.103547/
Relevancy 49.88%

I have formatted my hard drives. I have an old hard drive which is 30gb ST340014A. And is the Primary hard drive. My new hard drive that i want to make it as primary is WDC WD5000AAKS-75A7B0 which have 500gb

I formatted both of the hard drive. And i tried to make the new hard drive to primary(ide)

I only have 1 jumper thing. I place the old hard drive jumper to the second row. Still my WDC hard drive detects as SATA.

Is there any way to change my new hard drive to primary?

A helpd would be really appreciate it.

Relevancy 49.88%

I have a Compaq Presario computer that is getting a Boot Disk Failure. I suspect a bad hard drive but decided to check the drive setting in the BIOS. When I boot up to the BIOS and go into the Standard CMOS Setup, only the following options are listed:

Date
Time
Drive A: 1.44 3.5 in
Drive B: None (all available choices are for another floppy)
Floppy3 Mode Support: Drive A
Video: EGA/VGA
Halt On: No Errors

That's it, there is no place to list a hard drive. May experience with computer BIOS's is that even when no hard drive is connected or if bad drive is connected, there will still be a listing in the BIOS for the hard drive. Usually it will say AUTO or NOT INSTALLED. But this BIOS has no place to list the hard drive.

The BIOS is AWARD BIOS (2A5IMG09). No date is listed.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Loyd

A:No Place For Hard Drive In BIOS

In most cases, you're very right. But Compaq's are always different and usually a headache. The one i'm picturing had drop down menus - kind of like in windows and the harddrive was under one of the last menus - something like devices then ide devices. Take a look around but be warned it may not be there. can you press Tab or ESC while you have the compaq logo on the screen? It may show you the POST. If not use FDISK to see if it shows a drive.

A complete drive failure, where its totally dead, may also give you this result. Because Compaq is very proprietary it may not show anything for the HDD if it's not detected.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-place-for-hard-drive-in-bios.129631/
Relevancy 49.88%

If I have two external hard drives sitting next to each other on my desk (and I mean, *right* next to each other), can they demagnetize each other and can I lose data from the drives?

Maybe a silly question, but I could not find anything online to confirm or deny this. I know that magnets can leak credit cards and other magnetized items. Now I'm wondering...!

Thanks in advance.

A:Can I place external hard drives next to each other?

Well, if they could I dont think case manufacturers would put internal hd brackets so close.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-i-place-external-hard-drives-next-to-each-other.120478/
Relevancy 49.45%

I accidentally hit my computer this morning, and when I tried starting it, it told me to select boot or insert media device boot. I ran tests on it and it says I dont have a hard drive, even though I do. Then I started up my brothers computer, which is the exact same, and saw that it said it had a hard drive and when I pressed f12 for boot options, hard drove was on his but not on my computer. So I think that my hard drive is damaged or out of place. Any tips on what I should do?

A:hard drive is damaged or not completely in place

Why a new topic for the same issue?

Depending on the model, open the HDD cover and verify the drive is connected. Most are a tight fit, so it's not likely loose. In which case, if it's under warranty, have it serviced/repaired. Otherwise, you will need to buy a new HDD and hope the HDD is the only thing that was damaged.

After you get the new HDD, you will need to install it, and reinstall the OS (assuming you have the recovery discs). If not, you will need to buy the recovery discs from the manufacturer or buy a retail copy of the OS.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hard-drive-is-damaged-or-not-completely-in-place.1138300/
Relevancy 49.45%

I had an older 3G hard drive that I replaced with a new 80G Maxtor. I read the instructions and it said that I could hook up the old hard drive as a slave on the IDE cable, but when I tryed to boot it gave me the error "Insert Boot Disk". I unhooked the 3G from the slave output and then it worked and the same vica-versa. Is there any way to correct this problem

Thanks
-Andrew

Relevancy 49.02%

Hi I have this laptop When the laptop is at Idle the CPU ranges from all the place over CPU Laptop to is this normal for this type of laptop Is there any way that I can resduce the CPU usage that Vista is using I have closed down unessecery programs that I dont need Thanks Wizkid Operating System System Model Windows Vista Home Premium x Service Pack build OEM OEM System Serial Number D Chassis Serial Number D Enclosure Type NotebookProcessor a Main Circuit Board b gigahertz Intel Core Duo kilobyte primary memory cache kilobyte secondary memory cache Board OEM OEM BIOS Phoenix Technologies LTD Drives Memory Modules c d Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space TSSTcorp CDDVDW SN-S H ATA Device CD-ROM drive WDC WD BEVS- RST Hard drive GB -- drive s n WD-WXE rev G SMART Status Healthy Megabytes Installed Memory Slot 'M ' has MB Laptop CPU all over the place serial number -B Slot 'M ' has MB serial number -B Local Drive Volumes c NTFS on drive GB GB freed NTFS on drive GB GB free Network ATA Channel Controller x ATA Channel Controller x Intel R ICH M port Serial ATA Storage Controller - Intel R ICH M Ultra ATA Storage Controllers - Mobile Intel R Express Chipset Family Display adapter x Generic PnP Monitor quot vis January Bus Adapters MultimediaMicrosoft iSCSI Initiator Intel R ICH Family USB Universal Host Controller - Intel R ICH Family USB Universal Host Controller - Intel R ICH Family USB Universal Host Controller - Intel R ICH Family USB Universal Host Controller - Intel R ICH Family USB Universal Host Controller - Intel R ICH Family USB Enhanced Host Controller - Intel R ICH Family USB Enhanced Host Controller - A Realtek High Definition Audio

A:Laptop CPU all over the place

First of all when did you buy laptop?
Second how do you know that CPU rangers between 60-100%?
We need to know this before any fix suggestion can be made ?

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/197879-laptop-cpu-all-over-place.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi,I'm Tutti and I'm 14 years old.

I'm planning of upgrading my x32 Windows 7 Ultimate to x64 Windows 7 Ultimate, I copied all of my important files and drivers needed after reinstallation to my Local Disk D. After reinstallation, would my files inside the hard drive be saved or not? Well few months ago, I upgraded my Windows 7 Starter to Ultimate and few files from my Local Disk D were saved. Just thinking if it would be saved again after this.

A:Will my files be saved if I place it inside a hard drive?

How did you do a Upgrade from Windows 7 Starter to Windows7 Ultimate??
I could or might not be understanding you correctly.

Upgrade to another edition of Windows 7 by using Windows Anytime Upgrade

Quote:
Notes

Windows Anytime Upgrade will only allow upgrades from a 32-bit version to a 32-bit version or from a 64-bit version to a 64-bit version. You can't upgrade from a 32-bit version to a 64-bit version with Windows Anytime Upgrade, for example. For more information about 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows, see 32-bit and 64-bit Windows: frequently asked questions.
Windows Anytime Upgrade isn't available in all editions of Windows 7, such as Windows 7 Ultimate edition.
Windows Anytime Upgrade is only available for online purchase in Australia, Belgium, Canada, Germany, France, Italy, Japan, the Netherlands, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, the United Kingdom, and the United States.

Anything you saved on Drive D if done properly will still be there and you should be able to retrieve them when need be.

If you have done anything to Drive D to format or the such you got problems.

At this point I would recommend doing another backup of all data you want to save to a external hard drive. Better safe than sorry.

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/365319-will-my-files-saved-if-i-place-inside-hard-drive.html
Relevancy 48.59%

hello everyone i know this tv laptop place in a screen of a using question has been asked before but the threads i found seemed out-dated so i figured id ask again i am a soldier in iraq and i enjoy playing using a laptop screen in place of a tv games in my little bit of free time i get im thinking about getting a playstation sent in the mail to me so i can enjoy some games to eat some time away but using a laptop screen in place of a tv i would rather not screw with a tv for various traveling reasons i just bought a P - Toshiba laptop with an ExpressCard ATSC Analog Hybrid TV Tuner card this is a HDTV Tuner I have an RF adapter cable and Composite video audio with S-Video input jack connerctor cable that came with it they both plug into the HDTV tuner card im running windows vista bit OS So what do I need to know about hooking the PS up to my laptop what program do i use what cable etc i want to make sure i know everything i need before i get a package sent so im not missing anything unfortunatlly there is no wal mart or best buy in baghdad thanks much nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/using-a-laptop-screen-in-place-of-a-tv.819169/
Relevancy 48.59%

I'm looking to get a new notebook PC of decent power and ability (looking to spend under $1000). Can anybody give me any good suggestions or places to look for the best opportunities and deals? I've tried places like slickdeals.net, ableshopper.com, and pricewatch.com....but still no real luck.

Thanks for your help!

A:Best place for a deal on laptop PC?

$400 off Latitude Notebooks $1699+ - $400 off $1399 Inspiron Notebooks, Sep 8
Dell Small Business has a rare $400 instantly off Corporate grade Latitude D510, D610, D810 Notebooks $1699+ Exp Wed 9/14 11pm CT or after earlier.
Also $400 off Inspiron Notebooks $1399+
Free optical drive upgrade. Free shipping, $19 handling. Tax is charged.

Offers cannot be combined with Outrageous Deals, Inspiron Recommended products, As Seen on TV offers or any other Dell discounts, offers or coupons.

Entry level 5.2lb Latitude D510 14 or 15in screen, 1 yr warranty Starts at $789. Add $910 in options and get $400 off automatically

Light 4.67lb Latitude D610 14in screen, 3yr warranty Starts at $1378. Add $311 in options and get $400 off

Desktop replacement 6.49lb Latitude D810 15.4in widescreen, ATI Radeon graphics, 3yr warranty Starts at $1558. Add $131 in options and get $400 off.
Email Deal Similar Deals

http://www.techbargains.com/index.cfm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/best-place-for-a-deal-on-laptop-pc.397448/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello First post I am using PCs right now xp and win and can't believe that my Win to place drag box selected and Background around icons makes hard it machine won't let me drag move Background box around selected icons makes it hard to drag and place my icons desktop and windows explorer around without having a blue box around them which makes it VERY difficult to figure out where they are going to land in the folders On the desktop whichever icon I have selected also gets the blue box around it but the placement drops right where I want Background box around selected icons makes it hard to drag and place it to But in folders where the icons seem to be more D I can't get them to drop where I have them placed almost like they are falling from a different aerial view I did find a way to get rid of all this by unchecking quot use visual styles of windows quot last item in list but that has huge issue by making EVERYTHING look horrible on the system heh Is there any way to only get rid of this selected icon blue box in windows explorer so I can drag and place icons easier within folders another pet peeve I had to force windows to let me NOT auto-arrange files in folders Thanks for any help

A:Background box around selected icons makes it hard to drag and place

Welcome to the Seven Forums
Would you please post a screenshot of what you are asking about.
Jerry
Screenshot with Paint

Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums

How to Use the Snipping Tool in Vista - Vista Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/215507-background-box-around-selected-icons-makes-hard-drag-place.html
Relevancy 48.16%

So I'm having moving this 500gb harddrive from one computer to another. It's not removing the hard drive itself that's hard, but the metal casing its held in. It's bolted inside the computer and I have no idea how to remove it. If this can't be removed, then the hard drive can't.

I'll include some pictures of it to show.

A:Can't remove hard drive. Held in place with weird scews.

Of course..the pictures didn't upload. Let me try that again.

Okay so now I can't even upload a picture for you guys to see..

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/259054-cant-remove-hard-drive-held-place-weird-scews.html
Relevancy 48.16%

While I was playing a game and pressed the control button (Ctrl) and the 'J' button, they both randomly popped off. I tried looking for some videos that would help to me put them back properly.

The two clips are still on the keyboard for 'J' and just the key itself is out. When I push down on it to get it back in place, the bottom half is lanky. The top clips on but the bottom doesn't.

This is for my laptop HP Compaq 6730s

A:How can I put my laptop keys back into place?

Sometimes you have to press in the middle of the key to get to snap into place.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/101443-how-can-i-put-my-laptop-keys-back-into-place.html
Relevancy 48.16%

hello my brand new one week old laptop has malware on it i read the forum rules so here over cursor hp place laptop all the pavillion is my HiJacker log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform hp pavillion laptop cursor all over the place Windows WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x Norton Internet Security Engine ccSvcHst exe C Program Files x Common Files LightScribe LightScribeControlPanel exe C Program Files x Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe hp pavillion laptop cursor all over the place C Program Files hp pavillion laptop cursor all over the place x Hewlett-Packard HP Advisor HPAdvisor exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons QLBCtrl exe C Program Files x Hp HP Software Update hpwuschd exe c Program Files x Hewlett-Packard TouchSmart Media Kernel CLML CLMLSvc exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast AvastUI exe C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BluetoothHeadsetProxy exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard Shared hpqToaster exe C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C Program Files x Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http g uk msn com HPNOT R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http g uk msn com HPNOT R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http g uk msn com HPNOT R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http g uk msn com HPNOT R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook Vuze Remote Toolbar - ba e- - -b f - e d cc - C Program Files x Vuze Remote tbVuze dll F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C PROGRA Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO Symantec NCO BHO - ADB E- AFF- - AA - DAC DFA - C Program Files x Norton Internet Security Engine coIEPlg dll O - BHO Symantec Intrusion Prevention - D EC - AAE- -AEEE-F F C - C Program Files x Norton Internet Security Engine IPSBHO DLL O - BHO Search Helper - EBF - F- bff-A F-B E AAC B - C Program Files x Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack Search Helper SearchHelper dll O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office GrooveShellExtensions dll O - BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Vuze Remote Toolbar - ba e- - -b f - e d cc - C Program Files x Vuze Remote tbVuze dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO Windows Live Toolbar Helper - E A DC - - A - EA-DC EC ACF - C Program Files x Windows Live Toolbar wltcore dll O - BHO SingleInstance Class - FDAD DA - A - FD - C - F AC - C PROGRA Yahoo Companion Installs cpn YTSingleInstance dll O - Toolbar Norton Toolbar - FEBEFE - B - - D -FFB D B CA - C Program Files x Norton Internet Security Engine coIEPlg dll O - Toolbar Vuze Remote Toolbar - ba e- - -b f - e d cc - C Pro... Read more

A:hp pavillion laptop cursor all over the place

edited to say i have no control of keys and cursor

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-pavillion-laptop-cursor-all-over-the-place.935542/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi I've been reading threads for hours on Windows 7 installs but I can't find a specific answer for my scenario.

I am looking at buying a couple of Toshiba laptops that have a pre-installed version of Windows 7 Home Premium. I already own a Microsoft Action Pack which gives me 10 Windows 7 Professional licences. I want to be able to upgrade the OS on the laptops from the Home Edition to the Professional Edition. Because the laptops are already setup with all the toshiba software drivers etc installed I am reluctant to do a clean install. Is it possible to use the product key from my Action Pack to upgrade the laptops without having to wipe them and start again?

I'm not concerned about loosing the home premium licence I just want to upgrade to Professional Edition with minimum fuss.

I hope someone can help clarify this. Thanks.

A:In place upgrade on Toshiba laptop

Hi... I have got 2 Toshiba (netbook and a laptop) the net book came with the useless Windows7 starter.. I have upgradrd to Ultimate without any problems .
You will find a facility on your toshiba will enable you just to enter the license key and it is done ..I forgot what is it called but I will look for it .

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/61527-place-upgrade-toshiba-laptop.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I have been using the HP Envy DV since the summer of It was after place Laptop me... powers changing RAM up the the only of bought in the US same year In I had it serviced already out of the HP Guarantee period for loose hinges What happened next is that things got worse No way to power up the laptop I tried various options read forum opinions and followed advice It turned out that the only way the laptop lights up again is by changing the slots of the two memory RAM blocks That's it But once I turn it off I Laptop powers up only after changing the place of the RAM me... have to repeat the exchange again and again and again Clearly that will break the slots eventually Once started the laptop works fine Service guys Laptop powers up only after changing the place of the RAM me... advised me buying a new motherboard which would supposedly sovle the issue What might be the solution really nbsp Things I have already did but all in vain it doesn't power up even with the RAM blocks removed no beeps nothing that normally follows with no RAM with or withour power supply battery ac only bios battery removed - bios reset formatting the HDD and installing a new OS Windows

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Laptop-powers-up-only-after-changing-the-place-of-the-RAM/td-p/5777255
Relevancy 48.16%

In my case the computer -  a Compaq SA423 - with  the AC adapter on its own won't start without the battery either.  However,  once it has fired up, it will run with the AC adapter on it;s own without the battery in place.  The AC adapter will charge the battery, but there is no power cord in the battery icon showing if the AC adapter is plugged in UNLESS I remove the battery. What is going on?

A:Laptop won't power up without Battery in place

Hi,In order ti isolate the issue further, i request you to download the latest bios from the HP site and check for the issue occurrence.http://www8.hp.com/us/en/drivers.htmlAlso, to confirm the AC Adapter issue, request you to connect this adapter to ant other notebook and check.Please reply with the results.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Laptop-won-t-power-up-without-Battery-in-place/td-p/5072474
Relevancy 47.3%

Okay, I make music. I am a laptop producer. I'm not sure its even eligible to ask here, but its the only forum site I've registered with.So, um -I need help. I need websites that provides free plugins to make dubstep sounds, like growls and stuff. Both vst's and vsti's are welcome, but it has to be free.If you think there's not much better free dll plugins, gimme the paid ones too, but generally not preffered.Plus, some sort of drum machine. There are a lot I know, but lacks the recording/exporting feature.Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

A:Is this the right place to ask bout Laptop music production?

A GOOGLE search for Free plugins to make dubstep sounds found this - https://www.google.ca/search?hl=en-...

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-8/is-this-the-right-place-to-ask-bout-laptop-music-production/2209.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi all I normally buy my screens from ebay but does anyone know anywhere cheap . im from london uk so pref in uk please .. thanks

A:Where is cheapest place to buy replacement laptop screens

What's wrong with still using EBay? I get all my screens from EBay suppliers

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/where-is-cheapest-place-to-buy-replacement-laptop-screens.187553/
Relevancy 47.3%

I am in need of upgrading from 8GB to 16GB laptop memory as I am almost maxing out. According to pcpartpicker.com, the prices seem to have increased from 2012... anyone know why? http://pcpartpicker.com/trends/memory/

Thanks.

Relevancy 47.3%

Hi!

I have my own computer repair shop, and there's a dude I know who despise me for no apparent reason. He has much more IT certifications than I do and I'm wondering if he is spying on me or sniffing my IP packets using a customer's PC which he could use as a "trojan horse" inside my house. He can get pretty dirty as he is known to have done so a couple of times!

If there are preventive practices that I could use it will be awesome if you share some!

Thanks!

A:Can someone sniff my network by bringing a laptop at my place?

“Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you.”
But seriously if you set your working environment like the pic below you will be a lot safer,

http://www.sevenforums.com/attachmen...1&d=1449707200

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/387318-can-someone-sniff-my-network-bringing-laptop-my-place.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I want a 2TB portable external hard drive with USB 3.0 or equivalent.

Any brands to avoid?

So far I haven't seen anything under $109 for my specifications..

I should be able to use the portable with my desktop until I transfer to a laptop, shouldn't I?

Home Edition
Version 2002
32-bit
Service Pack 3

Dell DIMENSION DIM2400
Intel(R)
Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.66GHz
2.66 Ghz. 2.00 GB of RAM
Hard Drive Size 111.72 GB
Free Space 37.3 GB

planning to move soon to state of art processing power and at least 8GB RAM

A:Suggestions please for good brand & place for great deal on external hard drive

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/suggestions-please-for-good-brand-place-for-great-deal-on-external-hard-drive.1108300/
Relevancy 46.87%

I usually use my phone instead of the public WiFi but I wonder if it's too much to also use a paid VPN to protect my data. Theyī're not super secret documents but some are confidential.

What do you think?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/do-i-need-encrypted-vpn-if-i-use-my-phone-to-connect-my-laptop-in-a-public-place.1104649/
Relevancy 46.87%

I just bought a Asus K53E used laptop and the screen is jumping all over the place. I'm on disability and got this for my sister and wish to fix this for her. Also need to know how to disable touch pad as it is hard to type with mouse jumping all over the place. I do have a mouse for it and wish also to update drivers as I have found out that 16 of them are out of date.

Thanks,

Tim

Relevancy 46.87%

Hello,

I have Dell Inspiron N4050 Laptop with Integrated Webcam and running Windows 7 Ultimate edition - 64 bit..
I normally call using Gmail's Call phone service. I want to setup so that I can use Internal microphone in laptop to transmit my voice and hear the incoming call voice using external speakers.

**** I normally keep external speakers connected to laptop for listening to music, but whenever I have to make a call, I have to remove the speaker cables and connect headphone cables in audio jack. So, I am looking up for solution to do make audio/video calls using external speakers and without needing to connect headphones to transmit my voice to caller.

Could you help me with the setup please?
Thanks a lot!

A:Use external speakers in place of headphone and Laptop's microphone

Short answer, no. Because of the feedback problems, most users use a separate combination headset/mic to minimize feedback problems. Otherwise you will have to manually change things each time you speak or listen.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/218050-use-external-speakers-place-headphone-laptops-microphone.html
Relevancy 46.44%

A couple of weeks ago the phone company did major work on the lines around here. Before that, my web pages loaded with images appearing immediately. Now, I get image place holders which then covert into images. It's not much slower - it's just that the image place holders bug me and I wonder if some settings have changed on the PC that alter the way that pages load?

A:Solved: Image Place Holders all over the place

Hiya

Not sure if this will help, but it may be a setting in the Options:

Control Panel | Internet Options. Advanced tab. Scroll down to Multimedia, and untick Show Image Download Placeholders....Apply and OK

Regards

eddie

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-image-place-holders-all-over-the-place.282970/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi!

My computer(Mother board = micro star inc 7211) has a few issues with RAM

1. I Can only use 1 DDR ram if i place both of my 256 ddr ram the computer just beebs and does not start. but when i use 1 256 ddr ram its ok ,

2. when the computer starts with one ram and i check the ram capacity it reads 192 instead of 256

will someone please help me out

Thanks

A:Computer only works when i place one ddr ram but if i place two it beebs

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-only-works-when-i-place-one-ddr-ram-but-if-i-place-two-it-beebs.923702/
Relevancy 46.44%

maybe this doesn't belong in this forum, so if it doesn't, i apologize...but the question is as the title states.

A:Good place to buy an inexpensive, possibly dated laptop vid card?

specificially for a vaio vgn fz series?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/good-place-to-buy-an-inexpensive-possibly-dated-laptop-vid-card.143373/
Relevancy 46.44%

I dont get this. Sometimes I notice one time say (3hours, 20mins), and it will say 100% left. Then 10 seconds later I check it again and it will say 2hours left with 100%. WTF is this BS from toshiba? Is there any other software I can use? Cause obviously toshiba is playing false games with me. I cant even read my battery gauge properly cause the thing keeps jumping.

A:Centrino laptop - battery gauge in taskbar jumping all over the place

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/centrino-laptop-battery-gauge-in-taskbar-jumping-all-over-the-place.277943/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi Guys,

In the last few days this Acer Aspire 5535 Laptop, crashes during a reboot cycle, this is on the powering down phase. After this takes place a system restore is required which takes it back to the state prior to the reboot.

Powering on from cold and shuting down present no problem, this presents its own issues when installing new software.

Any help that you guys can give on this would be appreciated.

Cheers
Alan

A:Laptop Crashes When Rebooted, no issue when shutdown and boot takes place?

Please post this info to give us a hand in sorting out the issue: http://www.techsupportforum.com/f217...ns-452654.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/laptop-crashes-when-rebooted-no-issue-when-shutdown-and-boot-takes-place-466246.html
Relevancy 45.58%

This happens as soon as the VGA adapter is plugged in. Unplugging it does not turn the laptop screen back on. Toggling with the function keys does nothing. Since I cannot see anything I cannot try to adjust/correct display settings (or do anything for that matter, other than turn the laptop off by holding power key down).

The second display works (tested with a different laptop).

History: The external display worked fine with this laptop. We had a power failure yesterday which turned it off. The screen toggled to the laptop successfully (or I did, with the function keys--I don't remember) and I continued working. When power returned I started running into this issue. I reinstalled the display drivers from the original manufacturer disc but the problem persists.

msi A4000, Celeron dual Core T3100, Windows 7 Ultimate x64
NVIDIA? MCP79MVL, GeForce? 8200M G, Shared
External display: Acer LCD, AL 1916C

A:Laptop black when external display plugged in, #2 display also dark.

To shut down properly hit the Winkey, then the right arrow, then Enter.

This may be as simple as capacitors overcharged. Shut down, unplug, remove battery. Hold power button down for 20 secs.
Do same for monitor.
Then try.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/377871-laptop-black-when-external-display-plugged-2-display-also-dark.html
Relevancy 45.58%

R3-131T use mostly laptop mode.  After using tablet mode, display now "Centred" on screen, smaller, black side panels.  How to return to "full screen" display?

A:display issues R3-131T laptop mode display "centre...

right click on desktop, choose Display settings, Advanced Display settings and check if Resolution is set to the (recommended) setting.

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series-Laptops/display-issues-R3-131T-laptop-mode-display-quot-centred-quot/td-p/449382
Relevancy 45.15%

My ThinkPad T running -bit Windows Professional Edition Display Laptop Messed Display up LCD External Dual - worked great on and off a mini docking station with external monitors The dual-display setup allowed me to have Dual External Display - Messed up Laptop LCD Display more desktop space when needed I can take the laptop off the docking station Dual External Display - Messed up Laptop LCD Display following undocking steps and use it anywhere This convenience no longer holds after upgrading to Windows With the T in the docking station LCD lid closed I can use the dual-display setup as in Windows However after shut-down and remove the T off the docking station and the T laptop becomes unusable because its LCD display doesn't show anything after boot While booting the laptop's display shows the ThinkPad boot logo and then some DOS-mode boot messages and then the windows logo and its dotted spinning wheel after the initial boot the display went blank and the Windows desktop doesn't come up The only way to make the T laptop usable on its own is to go through a quot preparation procedure quot and here is how the procedure goes While the T is on the docking station in the dual-display setup with the external monitors open the T 's lid and set its display as the main display and then select to disconnect the other external displays in the Settings - gt System - gt Display page then in the T 's LCD display select the shut down Once the T is properly powered off remove it from the docking station and the T can work on its own as a laptop supposed to be What a hassle to go through It is hard to believe that something worked well in Windows would end up in Windows being messed up so terribly Also the T 's LCD display brightness control no longer works after using the external dual-display setup on the docking station - the brightness is stuck at I am impressed by Windows 's improvements over Windows However taking the T mobile is a necessity in my life So I hope experts on this forum pointing me to a solution so I can truly enjoy Windows both at home and on move Or else I have to roll back to Windows

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/50085-dual-external-display-messed-up-laptop-lcd-display.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Desktop Cmp HP CQ Y AMD Athlon tm II u Processor GHz Ram GB GB Usuable Bit O S yrs old RECENT ERROR CODES FF CODE F C D E F NTFS VOLUME LABEL OS MISSING OR EMPTY ZIP FILE nbsp ERR CODES SYSTEM rundll exe' MCFOO dll ff KB KB KB quot ESSENTIAL FILE IS DAMAGED quot CODES DO! OVER PURCHASED BOOSTER/IOBIT-UPDATED WHAT TO BOTH NOT ALL KNOW THE & ASC/DRIVER WORKING;ERROR PLEASE LAPTOP/DESKTOP PLACE..DON'T HELP PLEASE REINSTALL DRIVER BOOSTER amp TRY AGAIN nbsp UNABLE TO SET TRYA ICON - CANNOT FIND quot MS INSTALLER PROGRAM quot nbsp quot CANNOT INSTALL UPDATES quot nbsp quot MISSING DRIVERS quot PRINTER UPDATE PURCHASED ASC/DRIVER BOOSTER/IOBIT-UPDATED & BOTH LAPTOP/DESKTOP NOT WORKING;ERROR CODES ALL OVER THE PLACE..DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO! PLEASE HELP MEMORY STICKS OR THUMB DRIVES DON'T KNOW XACT NAME UNABLE TO UTILIZE quot QUIK COPY TRANSFER quot AGAIN-TERMINOLOGY WHATEVER DRIVERS NEEDED TO COPY amp SAVE INFO MS MEDIA PLAYER TO NAME A FEW amp NOW AS OF MINUTES AGO GETTING A WARNING DANGER- CMP HIGH RISK OF CRASHING--WHAT DO I DO W THAT nbsp I HAVE PAID FORR THE PROGRAMS PURCHASE WHATEVER SOFTWARE MS SAID I NEEDED PD OTHER PEOPLE TO FIX PROBLEMS AND NOW I DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT WHAT THE REGISTRY SETTINGS S B I CAN'T RESET BAK TO FACTORY SETTINGS I HAVE NO DISKS THEN AS IF TO ADD INSULT TO INJURY MY LAPTOP HAS SUDDENLY DECIDED TO RUN AS SLOW AS MOLASSES WHEN IT WAS RUNNING FAIRLY NORMAL YESTERDAY SOOO NOW ITS TALKING ABOUT REGISTRY SETTINGS MISSING MEMORY CARD DRIVERS UNABLE TO INSTALL UPDATES PROBLEM W WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER NOW IM UNABLE TO EVEN PLAY ANY CD'S CAN ANYONE HELP ME I'M READY TO JUST CRY I AM OUT OF CASH amp OUT OF OPTIOS amp BASED ON THESE HUGH FLASHING WARNING SIGNS--I'M JUST ABOUT OUT OF TIME IF ANYONE IS LISTENING OR READING ANY OF THIS PLEASE KNOW HOW GRATEFUL I AM JUST THE POSSIBILITY THAT U EVEN TOOK THE TIME amp HAD THE PATIENCE TO READ THIS nbsp i DON'T KNOW IF ANYONE WILL BE ABLE TO HELP ME OR NOT BUT AS i STATED ABOVE THIS KINDA LIKE MY LAST SHOT amp IF NOTHING ELSE PERHAPS SOMEONE OU THERES KNOWS SOMEONE MS IOBIT REIMAGE-SCAN amp REPAIR DRIVER BOOSTER ASC--I HAVE PD MONEY TO ALL OF THESE PEOPLE BUT TO NO AVAIL amp NOW I CAN'T EVEN SEEM TO GET ANYONE TO ANSWER ANY OF MY EMAILS nbsp nbsp ANYWAY THERE U HAVE IT nbsp TALL ORDER I KNOW BUT IF THERE IS ANYTHING ALL ANYONE CAN DO TO HELP ME I WILL BE ETERNALLY GRATEFUL THE LAPTOP CMP-PURCHASED W VISTA-PURCHASED UPGRADE TO WINDOWS SOME BUT NOT ALL OF THE SAME ERROR MSGS MOST SERIOUS nbsp quot MISSING MEMORY CARD DRIVER UPDATE quot UNABLE TO INSTALL WINDOWS DUE TO PROBLEMS UNABLE TO USE WEBCAM ON LAPTOP

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/7713ac41-954d-43b1-899a-5b464c022ea2/purchased-ascdriver-boosteriobitupdated-amp-both-laptopdesktop-not-workingerror-codes-all?forum=w7itproperf
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello, my computer had locked up not to long ago so I had to give it a hard reboot. However, now it doesn't seem to recognize my main hard drive. I have 2 sata hard drives plugged in and it only recognizes my other one. If i set the option for "Configure SATA as" to RAID in bios, it shows it in the boot list but then throws a BSOD with error code 0x0000007b. Also it seems the same BSOD error happens when I set it as AHCI. Both hard drives recognized but BSOD thrown.When it has "Configure SATA as" IDE it only shows the other hard drive. Any ideas?

My System is:

ASUS P5E LGA 775 Intel X38 ATX
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Kentsfield 2.4GHz LGA 775
CORSAIR XMS2 DHX 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM
Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 ST31000340AS 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sata-hard-drive-wont-display-after-hard-reboot.735408/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hello all this is the problem i have my laptop some time ago decided not to display correctly i have described it as garbled in the thread title but i ll clarify that now sometimes vertically or and horizontally repeated display lines that run through the image it is not nice to look at and sometimes completley impossible to use Recently it has been more or less non-existant occasionally flickering on and off it does not happen during dos screens as far as im aware and does not start until the windows logo appears and begin to load the blue bar moves it happens on the bios screen if thats what it is called my laptop is covered by a warranty it has been sent away around times it came back clean they only check for hardware problems the third Error Laptop Display Display garbled time it was sent away it was as urgent special and they had it on for hours powering on and off around times and they could not replicate the problem which is strange because it happeneed within around - hours when i got it back i was not really given much help on their helpline i was asked to check an external monitor i had already tried this and confirmed it worked and also a girl who was a little more helpful than the rest suggested reinstalling video card and updating power management driver i did both they did not work but i tried them again and i have had no problem for months until recently she said she was leaning towards the problem being software when i mentioned the dos screens and told me to open a complaint which i did but warned that i can be charged if they discover it to be a Laptop Display Error garbled Display software issue this was actually some months ago but as the laptop was working fine i saw no reason to follow the complaint - though i knew it was too good to be true not because she thought it was software though just wanted to mention i had complained and that i can be charged for a software fault i have not tried reinstalling the operating system yet i can do though if any one suggests trying that but due to dorment nature of the error that is it mite not happen for months or it could happen just after reinstallation i will not know wether i have been successful well with that information can anyone help me confirm wether the problem is hardware or software and can there be anything done about it i would appreciate any help with this and hope someone knows what the problem is and how to fix it once again thanks weasel Cheers a quick edit - I should of mentioned that the video card is an nvidia geforce go as i have not entered specs in my profile nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-display-error-garbled-display.625384/
Relevancy 43.86%

used a computer associates scanner recommended by grinler and.........

Scan Results: Scan Completed. 39046 files scanned. No viruses found.

yea!!!

although that dont mean i aint got no virii (if spelt correctly)

is there a complete and extensive virus scan?

A:yea i rock

The plural of virus is viruses.
Cheers,
John

Update your resident AV, let it scan. It is as good as you can get.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/6126/yea-i-rock/
Relevancy 43.43%

I think this question is a kind of stupid (or not)....I am very curious to know how to connect a laptop display to another laptop display....

I have an old laptop and a new laptop with windows 7... I did some extended displays to other monitors....But any one have any idea about extending to a Laptop display from another Laptop....

I am just curious....Is it possible?????

Thanks....
Sunny...

A:Extended My Laptop Display to other Laptop display?

It would be easier to buy another monitor and plug it into the new laptop.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/40708-extended-my-laptop-display-other-laptop-display.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Originally here http www bleepingcomputer msa.exe, Pop Nordbull b.exe, Rock, com forums topic html Told to post my logs in this forum Had an infection with msa exe a exe b exe c exe and found Pop Rock and Nordbull entries in Registry It had disabled explorer exe and any program which scanned files was killed and then when I tried to reopen it I would get the message quot Windows cannot access the specified device path or file You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item quot Found similar problem http www techsupportforum com security-c o-gmer-exe html and ran Win kDiag exe and then ComboFix exe Since then explorer and all programs run Here is my DDS report and attached will be my attach txt and ark txt DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Fo Shankles at on Fri Internet msa.exe, b.exe, Pop Rock, Nordbull Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT - Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs C WINDOWS system ACS exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree CFSvcs exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k hpdevmgmt C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HPZ C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HPZ C WINDOWS system tcpsvcs exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc c TOSHIBA IVP swupdate swupdtmr exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Apoint K Apoint exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Zooming Utility SmoothView exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TouchED TouchED Exe C WINDOWS system TFNF exe C Program Files Vista Drive Icon DrvIcon exe C WINDOWS system THotkey exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS BricoPacks Vista Inspirat RocketDock RocketDock exe C WINDOWS BricoPacks Vista Inspirat UberIcon UberIcon Manager exe C Program Files Apoint K Apntex exe C Documents and Settings Fo Shankles My Documents Computer Management Files Installation Files ProcessExplorer procexp exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C Documents and Settings Fo Shankles Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google com uSearchMigratedDefaultURL hxxp www google com search q searchTerms amp sourceid ie amp rls com microsoft en-US amp ie utf amp oe utf uInternet Connection Wizard ShellNext iexplore mWinlogon UIHost c windows system logonui exe BHO HP Print Enhancer c e- - -bf - c - c program files hewlett-packard digital imaging smart web printing hpswp printenhancer dll BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dll BHO ca f - f e- b -a e- e e c c WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - f - d - - d f - c progra spybot SDHelper dll BHO DriveLetterAccess ca d e- - cf- e - - c windows system dla tfswshx dll BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - c - d -b f - bbc d a e - c program files microsoft office office GrooveShellExtensions dll BHO SSVHelper Class bb-d f - c-b eb-d daf d d - c program files java jre bin ssv dll BHO HP Smart BHO Class ffffffff-cf e- f b-bdc - e e a - c program files hewlett-packard digital imaging smart web printing hpswp BHO dll TB E BD F- B D- E-D FC-E AF D FA D - No File TB QT Breadcrumbs Address Bar af e c-dd b- - b- b dee ed - mscoree dll uRun SpybotSD TeaTimer c program files spybot - search amp destroy TeaTimer exe uRun ccleaner quot c program files ccleaner ccleaner exe quot AUTO uRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exe mRun iTunesHelper quot c program files itunes iTunesHelper exe quot mRun Apoint c program files apoint k Apoint exe mRun SmoothView c program files toshiba toshiba zooming utility SmoothView exe mRun TouchED c program files toshiba touched TouchED Exe mRun TFNF TFNF exe mRun LogonStudio quot c program files wincustomize logonstudio logonstudio exe qu... Read more

A:msa.exe, b.exe, Pop Rock, Nordbull

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREAndWe Need to check for Rootkits with RootRepealDownload RootRepeal from the following location and save it to your desktop.

First Location
Second Location
Third Location

Open on your desktop.Click the tab.Click the button.Check all seven boxes: Push OkCheck the box for your main system drive (Usually C:), and press Ok.Allow RootRepeal to run a scan of your system. This may take some time.Once the scan completes, push the button. Save the log to your desktop, using a distinctive name, such as RootRepeal.txt. Include this report in your next reply, please.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/264905/msaexe-bexe-pop-rock-nordbull/
Relevancy 43.43%

when i tried to upload the files it went in quot wait an eternity quot modeif i ve missed something i ll add it just with one click a minute on average i need this fixed asap gmer gave a quot sorry for the incovinience error quot but i ll try it againit s windows xp home sometimes takes minutes to respond minutes to load system songs lag and every few seconds have a Transformers-like effect quot waaaah waaaah waaaah quot also i noticed a quot wuaulcd quot process in theprocesses recently taking up a lot of memory - on the top spotsi ll add the logs in a bit i ve checked it with nod antimalwarebytes advanced systemcare glary guys rock. You utilities magic speed tune up utilitiesi know i m doing this only by the book but the comp is kinda slow DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by user at You guys rock. on Sun Internet Explorer Running Processes Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www yahoo comuSearch Page hxxp www google comuSearchMigratedDefaultURL You guys rock. hxxp www google com search q searchTerms amp sourceid ie amp rls com microsoft en-US amp ie utf amp oe utf uDefault Page You guys rock. URL hxxp www msn commDefault Page URL hxxp www yahoo commStart Page hxxp www yahoo comuInternet Settings ProxyOverride localmSearchAssistant hxxp www google com ieuURLSearchHooks Winamp Search Class bca fa- dbb- a -b - c f b - c program files winamp toolbar winamptb dlluURLSearchHooks Yahoo Toolbar ef bd -c fb- d - f- d f - c program files yahoo companion installs cpn yt dll e e- - f - dab-fcdd b e d mURLSearchHooks Winamp Search Class bca fa- dbb- a -b - c f b - c program files winamp toolbar winamptb dllBHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper d -c f - efb- b - eca - c program files yahoo companion installs cpn yt dllBHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dllBHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dllBHO AskBar BHO f d - - d - c -aa e ed - c program files askbardis bar bin askBar dllBHO Winamp Toolbar Loader cee ec- - bc- b - ddc ab c - c program files winamp toolbar winamptb dllBHO SPEEDBIT Class e f -ccc - e -bbeb-bcbd b - c program files speedbit toolbar toolbar SpeedBit dllBHO Google Toolbar Helper aa ed - dd- d - -cf f - c program files google google toolbar GoogleToolbar dllBHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO af de - d - -b fa-ce b ad d - c program files google googletoolbarnotifier swg dllBHO System Search Dispatcher cdbfb b- a - -bf - dce d - System Search DispatcherBHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll e e- - f - dab-fcdd b e d BHO FlashFXP Helper for Internet Explorer e a b-d - -ad - b ee - c progra flashfxp IEFlash dllBHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dllBHO f fee e-e - a- e - bee a - YouTube Downloader ToolbarBHO SingleInstance Class fdad da - a - fd - c - f ac - c program files yahoo companion installs cpn YTSingleInstance dllBHO DAPIELoader Class ff c cf - b - d -abed- c - DAPIELoader ClassTB SpeedBit ebfcd -bcad- c - ed - dbdfc - c program files speedbit toolbar toolbar SpeedBit dllTB Yahoo Toolbar ef bd -c fb- d - f- d f - c program files yahoo companion installs cpn yt dllTB Ask Toolbar d e-fd b- e -b - d b f - c program files askbardis bar bin askBar dllTB YouTube Downloader Toolbar f fee e-e - a- e - bee a - TB Winamp Toolbar ebf ba - - c a- b-bb f d de - c program files winamp toolbar winamptb dllTB Google Toolbar c b - - d - b - a cd f - c program files google google toolbar GoogleToolbar dllTB B EAC - D - B E- B -A C A A - No FileTB CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - No FileTB ECA - D- BA - - B AB D - No FilemRun MSConfig c windows pchealth helpctr binaries MSCONFIG EXE autodRun DWQueuedReporting quot c progra common micros dw dwtrig exe quot -tuPolicies-explorer NoInstrumentation x IE amp Clean TracesIE amp Download with amp DAPIE amp Winamp... Read more

A:You guys rock.

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREWe also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit scanner. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic:Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal AdviceThen create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here:How to create a GMER logElle

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/338145/you-guys-rock/
Relevancy 43.43%

Added webroot program too late Activated a bogus active x streaming video picked up antivirus xp trojan hackpac-a loaded spysweeper virus scanned not much success loaded malbyte and cleaned xpantivirus Followed you gus instructions ran adaware spybotsd mcafee stinger loaded Zone firewall but rouges still have my browser spybot keepe picking up coolwwwsearch wcadw and vbs nfsr-a probably should delete spop line in program but scared no experience in recognizing validity of code lines I am gratefull for your help Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS You Rock Guys System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System You Guys Rock svchost exeC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS wanmpsvc exeC Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeper exeC WINDOWS System wwSecure exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS System hkcmd exeC Program Files ScanSoft OmniPageSE opware exeC Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeperUI exeC Program Files Webroot Washer wwDisp exeC Program Files OLYMPUS OLYMPUS Master Monitor exeC Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exeC Program Files Registry Mechanic RegMech exeC Program Files Adobe Reader Reader reader sl exeC Program Files America Online aoltray exeC WINDOWS DvzCommon DvzMsgr exeC Program Files Nikon NkView NkvMon exeC Program Files desktop weather desktopweather exeC Program Files Palm HOTSYNC EXEC WINDOWS System wuauclt exeC WINDOWS System wuauclt exeC ared HiJackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http red clientapps yahoo com customize rch search htmlR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http red clientapps yahoo com customize www yahoo comR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page findonline comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http red clientapps yahoo com customize my yahoo comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http red clientapps yahoo com customize www yahoo comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http red clientapps yahoo com customize rch search htmlR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http red clientapps yahoo com customize www yahoo comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http red clientapps yahoo com customize my yahoo comR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http red clientapps yahoo com customize www yahoo comR - URLSearchHook no name - B B - - d -B D- EBB BA F A - C Program Files AskSBar SrchAstt bin A SRCHAS DLLR - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - BHO Ask Search Assistant BHO - B B - - d -B D- EBB BA F A - C Program Files AskSBar SrchAstt bin A SRCHAS DLLO - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer - C E -B - BC - - C CA - C Program Files Real RealPlayer rpbrowserrecordplugin dllO - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocxO - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS System igfxtray exeO - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS System hkcmd exeO - HKLM Run Omnipage quot C Program Files ScanSoft OmniPageSE opware exe quot O - HKLM Run OM Monitor quot C Program Files OLYMPUS OLYMPUS Master FirstStart exe quot O - HKLM Run T... Read more

A:You Guys Rock

Hello marcelsproblemWelcome to BleepingComputer ========================Download random's system information tool (RSIT) by random/random from here and save it to your desktop.Double click on RSIT.exe to run RSIT.Click Continue at the disclaimer screen.Once it has finished, two logs will open. Please post the contents of both log.txt (<<will be maximized) and info.txt (<<will be minimized)

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/164909/you-guys-rock/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi,
I am trying to play war rock and it would randomly freeze. I meet the reccomended requirments and am wondering what is wrong?

Relevancy 43.43%

My "guys" You Rock! computer was quot infected quot because You "guys" Rock! my husband clicked on an quot Active-X quot bar at the top of the screen Nothing unusual in this other than it totally F KED up my computer IE was taken over and some screen kept popping up saying that I needed to download some software to get rid of it It looked like Microsoft but it wasn't It was horrible I don't remember the name of the software but I am sure glad it's gone I opened up an IE window I usually log on with MSN and I didn't have the problem with an erroneous website coming up and McAfee Site Advisor turned red and I clicked on it It brought me to a link to this place I followed the instructions and it worked with ZERO problems Thanks a lot Here is my HiJackThis Log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exeC WINDOWS System CTsvcCDA EXEC Program Files Common Files McAfee HackerWatch HWAPI exeC PROGRA McAfee MSC mcupdmgr exeC PROGRA McAfee MSC mcmscsvc exec PROGRA COMMON mcafee mna mcnasvc exeC PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcods exeC PROGRA McAfee MSC mcpromgr exec PROGRA COMMON mcafee mcproxy mcproxy exec PROGRA COMMON mcafee redirsvc redirsvc exeC PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcshield exeC PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcsysmon exeC Program Files McAfee MPF MPFSrv exeC PROGRA McAfee MPS mps exeC Program Files McAfee MSK MskSrver exeC Program Files SiteAdvisor SAService exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exeC WINDOWS System MsPMSPSv exeC WINDOWS system fxssvc exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEc PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exeC Program Files McAfee MPS mpsevh exeC Program Files Java j re bin jusched exeC Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DVDLauncher exeC Program Files Intel Modem Event Monitor IntelMEM exeC Program Files Creative Sound Blaster Live -bit Surround Mixer CTSysVol exeC WINDOWS system Rundll exeC Program Files Dell Media Experience PCMService exeC WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exeC PROGRA TEXTBR Bin INSTAN EXEC Program Files HP hpcoretech hpcmpmgr exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared WkUFind exeC WINDOWS system hkcmd exeC WINDOWS system igfxpers exeC Program Files QuickTime qttask exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Software Update HPWuSchd exeC Program Files Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition Apps apdproxy exeC Program Files McAfee MSK MskAgent exeC Program Files SiteAdvisor SiteAdv exeC Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exeC Program Files DellSupport DSAgnt exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC Program Files MSN Messenger usnsvc exeC Program Files MSN MSNCoreFiles MSN EXEC Program Files HP hpcoretech comp hptskmgr exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www radiofreevirgin com help subscription htmlO - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO no name - FD D- B- FC- - AE - C Program Files SiteAdvisor SiteAdv dllO - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS system dla tfswshx dllO - BHO scriptproxy - DB D A - - E -B D- F C - c PROGRA mcafee VIRUSS scriptcl dllO - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Viewpoint Toolbar BHO - A C -B - EDB- - D C EC - C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Toolbar ViewBarBHO dll file missing O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - BHO MSN Search Toolbar Helper - BDBD DAD... Read more

A:You "guys" Rock!

Hi,I see you have Viewpoint installed...Viewpoint Manager is considered as foistware instead of malware since it is installed without users approval but doesn't spy or do anything "bad". This will change from what we know in 2006 read this article: http://www.clickz.com/news/article.php/3561546I suggest you remove the program now. Go to Start > Settings > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs and remove the following programs if present.ViewpointViewpoint ManagerViewpoint Media PlayerWhat problems are you still having? Because from what I understand in your post, you already solved it? There's nothing suspicious in your log.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/109638/you-guys-rock/
Relevancy 43.43%

I went to Display and enlarged the print to 150%. I'm almost 85 years old and my eyesight need help.
Now some of the dialogs are off the screen. I move the task bar to a side position but still not enough.
No scroll bars to help. Are there any other tricks available for those of us who need help seeing?

A:"Rock and a ..............

have you got a TV, you could make that a second monitor.

Roy

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/381220-rock.html
Relevancy 42.57%

when i log into the game and connect to a server and click to play a game the load screen comes up and then the screen turns blue and there is all this white writing and it says windows has ocurred a problem and has had to shut down and the computer restarts. help pls

A:war rock windows problem

This is called: BSOD; Blue Screen of Death
Though, is it always WarRock? If so, the game COULD be coruppted or your system can't run it. Does the BSOD say anything bout MEMORY?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/war-rock-windows-problem-278300.html
Relevancy 42.57%

I have a problem. Everytime i start playing War Rock PC, as in i enter a game in the lobby,and the game starts, the computer restarts. How can i fix That? How can i actually play without my computer restarting?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/war-rock-help-please-help-restarting-problem.849537/
Relevancy 42.57%

I keep getting the same virus worm even after deleting through the regedit and windows explorer.How do i get rid of it permently?

A:Heavymetal-rock gay problem

go to http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/files/hijackthis.zip , and download 'Hijack This!'.
Unzip, doubleclick HijackThis.exe, and hit "Scan".

When the scan is finished, the "Scan" button will change into a "Save Log" button.
Press that, save the log somewhere, and please copy & paste its contents to the forum.

It will possibly show issues deserving our attention, but most of what it lists will be harmless or even required, so do NOT fix anything yet.
Someone here will be happy to help you analyze the results.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/heavymetal-rock-gay-problem.172765/
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi I'm new to the forum and need a little help My pc has been running incredibly slow and I can not connect to Internet Explorer After doing some scans with BitDefender and NAV a few things were removed but I was still having major problems I looked at the processes and startup services and noticed that bikini exe Hijackthis Rock.exe Bikini.exe Log: and rock exe were running Hijackthis Log: Bikini.exe Rock.exe I wasn't familiar with these processes so I Hijackthis Log: Bikini.exe Rock.exe googled them and found out that they're malware I've downloaded the HiJackThis program as well as ATF Cleaner and AVG Free Spyware software in preperation for removal I genuinely appreciate any help offered here's my HJT log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Safe modeRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS Explorer exeC WINDOWS system printer exeC WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exeC HJT HiJackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell me com mywayR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http start tds net R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main First Home Page http www dell comR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www trendmicro com go hjt win x h r R - URLSearchHook no name - D F -B FE- -BF - AB D D - C Program Files MyWaySA SrchAsDe bin deSrcAs dll file missing F - REG system ini Shell Explorer exe C WINDOWS system printer exeO - BHO IEHlprObj Class - ABCDECF - B - D -ABED- C - C WINDOWS system vtr dllO - Toolbar Norton Internet Security - B EAC - D - b e- B -A C A A - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AdBlocking NISShExt dllO - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dllO - HKLM Run SoundMAXPnP C Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exeO - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exeO - HKLM Run IntelMeM C Program Files Intel Modem Event Monitor IntelMEM exeO - HKLM Run UpdateManager quot C Program Files Common Files Sonic Update Manager sgtray exe quot rO - HKLM Run MMTray quot C Program Files Musicmatch Musicmatch Jukebox mm tray exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottimeO - HKLM Run dla C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exeO - HKLM Run DLBTCATS rundll C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X DLBTtime dll RunDLLEntry O - HKLM Run mmtask quot C Program Files Musicmatch Musicmatch Jukebox mmtask exe quot O - HKLM Run igfxtray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exeO - HKLM Run igfxhkcmd C WINDOWS system hkcmd exeO - HKLM Run igfxpers C WINDOWS system igfxpers exeO - HKLM Run cmonitor C Program Files SystemDoctor Free pasmon exeO - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run WinAVX C WINDOWS system WinAvXX exeO - HKLM Run ebfhiq c windows system ebfhiq exe ebfhiqO - HKLM Run BDMCon quot C Program Files Softwin BitDefender bdmcon exe quot regO - HKLM Run BDAgent quot C Program Files Softwin BitDefender bdagent exe quot O - HKLM Run MSConfig C WINDOWS PCHealth HelpCtr Binaries MSConfig exe autoO - HKCU Run DellSupport quot C Program Files Dell Support DSAgnt exe quot startupO - HKCU Run WinAVX C WINDOWS system WinAvXX exeO - Startup system exeO - Global Startup autorun exeO - HKLM Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Policies System DisableRegedit O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java j re bin npjpi dllO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java j re bin npjpi dllO - Extra button Real com - CD F -D E - d - FE- C F AFE - C WINDOWS system Shdocvw dllO - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Pro... Read more

A:Hijackthis Log: Bikini.exe Rock.exe

Hi and welcome to Bleeping Computer! My name is Sam and I will be helping you. Please download ComboFix and save it to your desktop.Prior to running Combofix.exe you should disable your antivirus program and disconnect from the internet.Double click combofix.exe and follow the prompts.When it's done running it will produce a log for you. Please post that log in your next reply.Important Note - Do not mouseclick combofix's window whilst it's running. That may cause it to stall.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/125205/hijackthis-log-bikiniexe-rockexe/
Relevancy 42.57%

Some of the Web's most prolific organized online criminals are starting to step up the frequency and sophistication of phishing attacks, targeting commercial banks, job hunting sites and data brokers, Security Fix has learned...The source of this latest twist in phishing is known as "Rock Phish." These attacks generally involve techniques to avoid new anti-phishing measures...Rock Phish attacks are designed to thwart this "blacklisting" approach by generating multiple, unique Web addresses for each attack, thus making it easier for them to evade phish filters...blog.washingtonpost.com

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/93479/phishing-with-rock-phish/
Relevancy 42.57%

I just purchased this game called Will Rock, installed it and the latest recommended patch. When I click Play Game on the splash screen I get a message that says gsVideoInit[] failed. I've attached a screen shot (don't know how to just add the image in the post).

I've emailed the company only to get an automatic email back saying they no longer provide game support through email and I should check the knowledge base, which I have already done and saw no mention of this strange error message.

Has anyone come across this? I've updated my video drivers and uninstalled/reinstalled the game without any effect.

I'm running:

1.1Ghz Athlon
1024 RAM
ATI Rage Fury 128 (32MB)
I have a Samsung 171v monitor, set at 1024x768 if that matters.
Windows 2000 (box says it's fine).

Thanks.

Relevancy 42.57%

I have a Rock obile Disk that I stored many things on as a back up to an old computer. Now I plug it in to get photos from the last 10 years and mysystem is not picking up the drive. How do I get into or locate the drive after pluging in to power, the usp port 2.0 and turning the thing on? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

A:Rock Mobile Disk

Well, I'm no expert, but a quick google turns up the following:
http://www.windowsbbs.com/windows-xp/73941-rock-mobile-disk-external-hard-drive.html
http://www.windowsbbs.com/hardware/70855-rock-mobile-disk-connecting-problem.html

Maybe these will help.

Good luck

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/rock-mobile-disk.875246/
Relevancy 42.57%

And I hear NOTHING.
When I make the loudest sound possible on this laptop,
I can hear a very tiny whimper from the headphones.
Speakers Fine. If I plug in any other headphones it will still have the same problem.
HALP

Windows 7 Home Premium (x64) Just Downgraded from Win10(x64)
Gateway NE56R

A:Headphones being as quiet as a rock.

Generally, the downgrade goes OK but "murphy's law" always is present.

First step is to "refresh" the sound. Go to the Device Manager, RIGHT click on the entry for your sound driver and then LEFT click "Uninstall". DO NOT uninstall the drivers. Restart the PC and when Windows starts it will detect and reinstall the sound. Any Windows sound corruptions will be fixed.

If that doesn't fix it, reinstall the sound driver (from Gateway).

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/377755-headphones-being-quiet-rock.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi I wondered if you can help me sort out a memory upgrade. At present I only have 512mb, and wanted to get 2 x 1gb. PC model K7S41 found these instructions

Form factor dimm
Model K7S41
Memory type DDR PC2700
DDR PC3200 ( non ECC )
Max memory 2gb
Memory slots 2
1 available

do they have to be a matching pair? I realise that I will have to remove the 512mb. I still do not know which memory type to get, and would any make be compatible even if its two different makes, its so confusing with all the different types of memory. Any help would be appreciated. Many Thanks

A:As Rock PC windows XP Pro Desktop

Hi sue12,

This system just takes standard desktop memory.

The technical term for the 1GB modules you need is Unbuffered Non-ECC 184-pin DDR PC3200

You don't need to match the modules as such but if you want 2GB, you would be buying two 1GB modules anyway. It shouldn't matter what brand of memory you choose as memory is built to a standard so as long as it matches the above description it will work.

Most memory manufacturers let you select your system model so if you do a search for memory and K7S41 a few options should come up.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/as-rock-pc-windows-xp-pro-desktop.1011544/
Relevancy 42.57%
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi, Iím just wondering if anyone is able to help me with my problem with my external hard drive. I bought the Rock Mobile Disk from eBay and it worked fine when I got it. After a few months, it stopped working. The computer doesnít even recognize when the hard drive is plugged in. Iíve tried using another USB ports or computer. Iíve also tried with another USB device cable and also another power source. The power light is on, but stays a constant red. I can hear the device trying to connect, but after about 20-25 seconds of humming it makes a popping noise and starts again with the humming. If anyone has ANY idea what could help, that would be great! Thank you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/rock-mobile-disk.819265/
Relevancy 42.57%

Hello guys I have almost the same problem as the guy in this topic: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/261573/i-have-a-virus-that-i-cant-get-rid-of/,I'm running Windows Vista Business, and I have McAfee antivirus running at all times. I haven't had a virus in a long time, but this thing appeared all of a sudden without me going to any suspicious sites.Any help please?

A:Pop Rock b.exe Malware/Trojan

oh to mention on the side, that I removed the b.exe thing with all suspicious running programs by using task manager, and then deleted them from the Appdata\Local\Temp folder, and then I removed them from startup.

The virus is still there, I can't fix it, it blocks my mcafee, I tried spybot search and destroy, but the program closes before it starts fixing things, and than the virus changes the permissions of the program and doesnt let me access it.

I used inherit.exe to restore access privilages, but after I do so and run spybot again the same thing happens.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/267920/pop-rock-bexe-malwaretrojan/
Relevancy 42.57%

I'm beginning to think I must be jinxed. Having two apparently dead mobos, I decided to actually buy a brand new one, and start the project of building a pc from scratch.

Mobo is: ASRock K7S8X
Processor: tiny Athlon XP1600+ (taken from working machine)
RAM: 256Mb PC2100

The scenario: put it together, double checked all connections, booted it up, POSTed, went into BIOS ok. Recognised the relevant components, requests F1 to set to default........ and crashes when I hit F1.

I clear BIOS at CMOS, try again. Same thing happens like Groundhog Day.

Finally I just let it sit on BIOS screen, did nothing, and after a couple of mins, the screen went blank, screen light dimmed.

I have to be doing something seriously wrong here. Does anyone have any ideas?

A:AS Rock booting problems

Go into the BIOS & go straight to the hardware monitoring section ( if there is one ). It seems like the system is slowly overheating.

Have you checked the temp on the HSF ? IS it warm & are you sure it's making good contact with the CPU die ?

PS. Choose more relevant thread titles please.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/as-rock-booting-problems.11582/
Relevancy 42.57%

I have had to abandon my Windows XP computer (HD went KAPUT) and have a new windows 8 OS. When I look at my backup files on the Rock mobile disk, the extension is .bkf and my new computer asks which application to open with. I just want to open the files and select specific ones to put on the new PC. A good time to clean things up a bit. Any help will be appreciated, I am lost!!!
Thanx

A:rock mobile disk

see if this helps

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=4220

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/rock-mobile-disk.1109471/
Relevancy 42.57%

I bought this rock mobile disk external hard drive about a year ago and how it won't turn on what can I do to fix this? Help me please most of my music and pictures on it!

A:rock mobile disk help!!

The drive may still work if you remove it from the case and connect it internally to your desktop, possibly requiring an adapter.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/rock-mobile-disk-help.833012/
Relevancy 42.57%

Windows 7 will be microsofts greatest os.

Relevancy 42.57%

Toshiba a100
http://209.167.114.38/support/TechSupport/productcontents/satellite/PSAA8C-SK800C.htm

Just recently replaceced my screen

I've been given a faulty Toshiba laptop/notebook to look at. The problem is that when I switch on the power button, various lights come on, but there is no picture what-so-ever on the screen. There are no beeps either, so no idea what's causing it. I've tried connecting an external monitor (and yes I've pressed the fn + 5 keys to switch monitors), but that isn't recognising any video signal either.

You can hear the hard drive start to whir, but there is no continued chugging sound like you'd get if the o/s was continuing to load. As there's no picture, I can't tell if the BIOS is giving me any warnings, whcih is why the HDD doesn't sound lke it's still booting.

Any help please...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-display-on-laptop-or-external-display.883015/
Relevancy 42.57%

I hooked up my new laptop to my TV by HDMI cable.

Picture is fine, only problem is it will not display whole screen on the TV, there was a 2 inch black bar around it, but the aspect ratio was that of the laptop

I checked the Windows 10 settings to see if I'd missed something, but didn't seem to be.
any ideas appreciated.  

Mod's Edit: System model added to front of Subject line to improve visibility / clarity and moved post to correct forum.

A:B50-10 - Connecting Laptop Display to TV - Display...

Hi,

If you'll tell us what model laptop you're using we can move your post to an appropriate forum.

Z.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/B50-10-Connecting-Laptop-Display-to-TV-Display-doesn-t-fill/td-p/3317841
Relevancy 42.57%

I've already set the laptop to turn off display after 2 minutes of inactivity (power options) and the display still won't turn off when I leave it :/ Help would be greatly appreciated! My OS is Windows 8.1

A:Laptop Display Won't Turn off Display

Hi, I still need help with this

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/568703/laptop-display-wont-turn-off-display/
Relevancy 42.14%

Our reliable Dell is getting glitchy after great years of service I thought about a Dell XPS or XPS but the Dell forums are so full of horror stories that I am reluctant to go the Dell route as the company has lost their perspective I have a couple of builds that I use an Intel DG running Vista Ult bit and an MSI X C Platinum running Home Pre bit I can keep them Rock Build Need Prescription Solid running and enjoy doing so My wife just wants to go to the computer and have it work of the time So I d like to do a build that is as reliable as possible Basically she uses it for surfing email uses MS Word Need Rock Solid Build Prescription for docs Skypeing with grandchildren Requirements Windows - bit OS GB memmory will do anything she needs to do I would like to have an HDMI connection including sound System board sound is perfectly adequate Fairly fast but need not scream If more information would be helpful please ask If you have a suggestion please list all components you ve used successfully I have a predeliction for PC Power and Cooling power supplies but would consider other Case should be a Mid Tower with ports and switches at the top as it sits under a desk But I can find cases on Newegg I am more familiar with Intel processors I ve never used an AMD Have primarily used ATI vid cards and find the HDMI connection is available with them Thanks for looking nbsp

A:Need Rock Solid Build Prescription

Can you give us a budget? That would help in making recommendations.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-rock-solid-build-prescription.141535/
Relevancy 42.14%

Have a bit of a problem with Office 2000 SR-1 Core Update.

Did some funky things to my computer, like upgrading the BIOS and a few registry tweaks.

Went to do the usual update thing and received the following message:

"Microsoft Office 2000 SR-1 did not complete successfully.

For assistance, contact Microsoft Technical Support.

See the log file: Office 2000 SR-1 Setup (0005).txt"

Have searched the site and found similar problems for Word 97 users but none for Word 2000. I take it this is something to do with the registry files?
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
OS is Win 2000 SP4.

P.S. All the Windows updates installed successfully. Tried several times to install this core update, but received the same message each time.

A:Office Update won't rock and roll

Thanks for that,
The situation was resolved with the removal of temporary files and the running of an existing file link to SR-1 that had been discarded as unable to install for a similar reason: a failure to complete the installation sequence.

The original installation had been aborted for a similar reason: an incoming call overriding the current setup: the use of a prefix that prevented the receipt of calls while connected to the internet.

The complaint has been lodged with the carrier and does not require further comment: the problem relates to a cause that is normally prevented by user preferrences ie. if the proper functions are installed to prevent incoming calls while downloading, then it is normal practice to assume this is the case.

Thanks to all who have seen this site.
Wegards Woderwick!!!

P.S. A new thread will ask the question of how Outlook became so strange that it does not include an "Accounts" function to setup new email accounts. ie. The current setup requires the entering of a Microsoft server address and the mailbox this applies to. Not experienced since the upgrading of the BIOS.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/office-update-wont-rock-and-roll.191630/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hello,

I searched the site looking for info on how to find the drivers for my Rock Mobile Disk. I recently installed Windows 7 on my computer and when I plugged in the external drive I received the error: "device driver software was not successfully installed." My internet search provided no help. A previous post on this website included a link for drivers but this was an old posting and the link was dead. Besides, Win 7 wasn't around then anyway. I had this same problem with Vista except that Vista wouldn't even recognize the external drive.

I tried searching using the advanced search on this site by searching within the last 3 months only but I kept getting 503 errors. Is there such a device driver to be found for Win 7?

Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/driver-for-rock-moblie-disk-win-7.914721/
Relevancy 42.14%

I really need some good help here. I have a Rock Mobile USB external Drive 250 GB. It was connected through a NASU2 dongle to my network. Then I started having trouble moving files to the drive and the Drive was no longer seen by the dongle. Thus, I detached it from the dongle and connected directly to my laptop via USB port. The drive is not detected at all. Windows doesn't even see him anymore.
I noticed that the drive now has a red light that blinks for a while when I power it up and then stays red.
I'm kind of desperate 'cause I can't find a manual online and the drive contains the pictures of my last 3 years vacations.
Is there anyone that knows how to hadle that?

A:Rock mobile external Drive

How was the drive prepared for use? Was it repartitioned and formatted? What file system? Does it appear in Disk Management or the Device Manager?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/rock-mobile-external-drive.905719/
Relevancy 42.14%

Could anyone help me with converting mp3 to play along on my guitar on Rock Band 3 on xbox 360 I've googled and found some information but it's not making much sense it says to put mp3 file in audacity and save it as wav file and then says something about ogg and mogg files and it says to do something in reaper which I don't understand and then to create some stems and charts which I don't understand I'm wanting to play on my guitar on Rock Band 3 to convert the songs and then it says something like to put it on magma software and that's all I've found and I don't understand it very well

any help please !!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/converting-rock-band-3-songs.1001686/
Relevancy 42.14%

I'm in the early stages of looking around for new hardware to build a new desktop PC, for general use and for audio recording (using Sonar X1).

One that has good reviews at newegg.com is the subject M/B. I'm at a disadvantage for building my own. My only other "home built" is the one I'm using now - an Intel DP35DP M/B and a Q6600 CPU. Everything else I've had has been factory built, even though I've been a computer tech for many years.

I'll be going with an i7 CPU and probably the i7 3770K.

A:Thoughts on the AS Rock Z77 Professional Motherboard

I can't speak for the Z77 Professional. But, I have an Asrock P67 Extreme 4 and have built with a Z68 professional. All have worked well. I don't know if this is any help or not, but the best I can do.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/230794-thoughts-rock-z77-professional-motherboard.html
Relevancy 42.14%

The only thing i do for data back-up is update a personal folder that i have stored inside an external HDD.

A:Arrabida Rock Configuration 2016

Even though you have Avaria another on demand scanner like Malwarebytes Anti-Malware or Zemana is needed. Please also list your adblocker in the adblock section of your config.

https://malwaretips.com/threads/arrabida-rock-configuration-2016.57916/
Relevancy 42.14%

Heya folks....I have a heck of a question.

I notice my kids Rock Band video game drum pad kit uses usb. How would I go about using it on my computer? I am a musician and thought it would be nifty. ALso...same question for the microphone.

Any ideas??

So far I downloaded and installed "usb-game-controller-setup" but it doesn't make the microphone work at all....
-------------------------------------------------------------

ALSO...I discovered that the mic is a Logitech Vantage USB Mic, and even when I tell my computer to record using it, I hear no sound. DOH....

A:Using Rock Band Drum Pads for my PC

The drums are just an Xbox-360 controller with a different button arrangement. As such, the computer would probably just identify the device as a standard controller. So you would need a program that would assign different sounds to different buttons.

In short, probably more trouble than it's worth.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/using-rock-band-drum-pads-for-my-pc.743634/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi there, I plugged in a heavily infected USB drive on my win7 lappy. I m very happy to see that Avast caught the Autorun.inf viruses and did not let my PC get infected.

Then I performed a right click context menu scan and here are the results.

Detection.
Removal.
100% performance..
I feel totally secured with Avast 5 beta and Im sure it will move all the paid AV's to the trash. Under 10 MB RAM usage, Avsat 5 beta is all you need to secure your PC.

A:Avast gives you rock solid protection !

Couldn't agree more. The only thing I wish I could change is what I paid for both Vipre as well as ESET. It's not that I don't like those products, but with something like Avast for FREE, why would anyone pay for AV software?

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/48218-avast-gives-you-rock-solid-protection.html
Relevancy 42.14%

When I watch youtube videos or play games in general on this computer the sound just decides to go down, even though when I check what the sound is at it's just like I left it, it hasn't changed. I'm going to take youtube as example: I click on a video and about 3 seconds in you can barely hear the sound of the video anymore. Then when I pause the video and then unpause it, the sound jumpscares me because it goes up to what I put the sound to, and then it happens all over again. PLEASE HELP ME.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/435316-why-sound-slowly-going-rock-bottom.html
Relevancy 42.14%

What does everyone prefer, Guitar Hero or Rock Band?

A:Guitar Hero or Rock Band

frets on fire portable because its free
http://portableapps.com/news/2008-10-22_-_frets_on_fire_portable_1.2.451

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/guitar-hero-or-rock-band.767591/
Relevancy 42.14%

Problem is as described above Whenever my GPU is plugged in to the PCIE slot on my motherboard it is not detected by the board I can t update GPU drivers or anything Nvidia related because the board is not detected in the BIOS It works when plugged into the slot but I get this weird issue where when I shut WIndows off it shuts down correctly but all the hardware remains on until I manually turn GTX not Z77 Rock AS 670 4 detecting Extreme Gigabyte off the computer AS Rock Extreme 4 Z77 not detecting Gigabyte GTX 670 I had this problem when I first bought the system and figured I just had a faulty motherboard but I have already RMA d the motherboard received my new one yet the problem persists I also checked to see if it was a RAM issue but both sticks check out I haven t OC d anything and have only changed BIOS settings that AS Rock Extreme 4 Z77 not detecting Gigabyte GTX 670 will allow me to boot Windows such as making my SSD the primary boot device System is as follows AS Rock Extreme Z Intel i - Gigabyte GTX GB G-Skill RAM GB Corsair SSD boot nbsp

Relevancy 42.14%

I'm cleaning out my computer of all unnecessary programs, and I have found one that I've never heard of: Babble Rock. It says its a Macromedia Projector, but searches on Google reveal nothing. If you have any idea what this program is/ does, and whether or not I need it, I'd appreciate it.

A:Unknown Program: Babble Rock

Hi theshotgunmonk and Welcome to Bleeping Computer!

According to Answers.com "Babble Rock is a sort of a virtual pet rock that sits on your desktop.When you click the Babble Rock it will babble from a database of babbles that the world creates."
Sounds like it has something to do with MP3 Players.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/79001/unknown-program-babble-rock/