Windows Support Forum

HDD beeping. What's the best data recovery option?

Q: HDD beeping. What's the best data recovery option?

Hi,

My internal HDD failed due to a sudden power outage. I can hear beeping sounds like the motor is trying to spin the drive up and failing to do so. This drive contains all my important data ( documents, photos and videos), I'm thinking of taking it to a data recovery center, How much would it cost me for a data recovery service? I've been recommended to WeRecoverData data recovery labs by an IT person, Anyone have experience with them? Any help advice? Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: HDD beeping. What's the best data recovery option?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: HDD beeping. What's the best data recovery option?

Likely thousands. Hopefully in the future you will make backups of important data.

If it was killed by the power outage, you can probably fix it yourself by purchasing the exact same drive on ebay or wherever and swap the PCB.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hdd-beeping-whats-the-best-data-recovery-option.201578/
Relevancy 69.66%

I want to recover if possible, not only my emails, documents, videos, and photos. I also want to recover my browser bookmarks, tabs, and history, and my programs, particularly some shareware I have.

I have had a firm in California recommended to me.

Relevancy 55.47%

Greetings.

I have a Toshiba laptop running Windows 98.

It has worked fine for 4 years now, but lately it has been beeping while typing in Word or while working in my Palm Pilot software.

It is happening more and more often.

Some applications work fine.

When it does beep in Word, it will allow me to type a few keys, then beep a few times and go to the hour glass. Sometimes it freezes at the hour glass and sometimes the hour glass goes right away.

I know this is a problem many people report, but up until now, I have had no problems with this PC.

RAM is fine. I have not touched the inside of my computer in years. I did hook it up to a LAN recently.

--Felson

Relevancy 55.47%

All in one lovely bundle If this isn t caused from a virus or spyware I have no clue what it is As explained to my one friend I plug it in cuz it never shuts off on its own the fan half-starts comp beeps THREE times and it shuts off This repeats Freezing.. And Pool Beeping.. Dmi And Data.. a few times Once it DOES start it hangs on DMI pool data for a good seconds to full minuteHe blames it on corrupt power supply Generally during my increasingly shortening online time a page or two or three Beeping.. And Dmi Pool Data.. And Freezing.. will freeze The computer rarely will reboot When it does it ll allow me to do Control Alt Delete to shut down the page Then reboot and it ll start up with ONE beep then hangs at the DMI Pool Data However when it decides to not allow me to shut down the pages I ll try rebooting which the pop up box quot Program not responding quot comes up Sometimes I ll click quot Wait quot other times quot Cancel quot usually quot End now quot believe those are the buttons at least No matter which I click it still doesn t reboot so I unplug Now upon plugging it back IN half the time it does ONE beep other times it ll do THREE as if it s overheating or something and shut off It generally takes - tries and occassionally a smack or two to get it to reboot again I ve recently installed NothingI ve recently installed No new drivesPrior to these issues getting HORRID Ive installed no new programsThis is my Third new harddrive in this towerOld harddrives Had corrupted all backup files are now on the slave diskOS Always Windows MERAM Free disk how I barely have anything on it Capacity Under System properties it also says Drive A is using MS-DOS compatibility mode file system I have no floppy drive and my CD rom isn t Drive A but it shows Floppy as Drive A in My Computer Uhm Yeah lol Please help I use this computer for job hunting and graphics making and would hate to lose it

A:Beeping.. And Dmi Pool Data.. And Freezing..

Beeping noises after startup are usually a sign of hardware related issues or an indication of high temperatures. When was the last time you cleaned the inside of your computer? Open your machine and make sure the fans are working and the heat sink on the processor is not blocked with dust or debris. Remove the CPU's cooling unit and clean the fins on the heat sink that sits under the CPU with a can of compressed air. Dust restricts the airflow and prevents proper cooling. You can also remove the cards, RAM modules, clean and reseat them. Check your connections and fans to make sure they are working properly and monitor the temperature. When a computer is first turned on or rebooted, its BIOS performs a power-on self test (POST) to test the system's hardware. The BIOS checks to make sure that all of the system's hardware components are working properly and that it meets the necessary system requirements before booting up. If BIOS detects an error and fails the POST, the computer returns a pattern of beeps indicating what is causing the problem. Beep codes can be in several different patterns, depending on the BIOS that you are using. Some BIOSes use simple beep codes in a pattern of varying numbers of short beeps, while others may mix short and long beeps. The exact meaning of the beep codes depends on the type and version of BIOS that you have. The three most popular types of BIOS are those made by Award, American Megatrends (AMI) and Phoenix. In order to interpret the beep code pattern you are receiving you need to know exactly what version of BIOS your computer has. The easiest way to do this is to download and install the Belarc Advisor from here. After installed, run the Advisor and it will produce a report with the version of BIOS on your computer. Then you can look up the appropriate codes for the manufacturer at BIOS Central or computerhope.com

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/63077/beeping-and-dmi-pool-data-and-freezing/
Relevancy 55.47%

Dear experts, Please help me on this as I have been seaching for a solution for about 4 hours now... Somehow my recovery partition is damaged, so I use the recovery disc which I created when I bought the computer.  I used the disc to start the computer, and after loading files and everything, in the Recovery Manager menu the "System Recovery" is greyed out.  Note that I haven't changed any hardware on the computer. Please help! Thank you!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/System-Recovery-option-greyed-out-when-using-recovery-disc/td-p/5629950
Relevancy 55.47%

If I abandon my efforts to install the latest Windows 10 update, would it be a feasible and a good choice for me to command HP Recovery Manager to make the "Minimized Image Recovery" to the factory condition of OS (Windows 7 Home Edition) with drivers and select software?  I have used HP Recovery Mgr to backup my files on an external hard drive.  Next question: How do I restore those files to my computer?  Should the restoration be done in Windows 7 or after I install Windows 10 on my computer?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-Recovery-Manager-option-of-quot-Minimzed-Image-Recovery/td-p/5843826
Relevancy 55.04%

I have problems mine is recovering data from a DVD-R amp a friend is looking for my help in recovering data from a quot corrupted quot Flash Drive I was burning data on a DVD-R multiple sessions disk when my Burner crapped out while using Nero I now have a new Burner amp when I go back into this disk I can only read data from my st session when I compare the s from Nero s disk info tool however it also shows that session is still open but I cannot read anything from sessions amp Looking around I spotted CD Recovery Tool Box Free is there anything more recent and or better that would let me try to recover the data on this disk The data in session is still on my HD but I would like to be able to recover the data in the other sessions worst DVD-R data recovery data Flash & Drive recovery possible case even just the file names would be a DVD-R data recovery & Flash Drive data recovery small plus Now for the Flash Drive It is a Lexar Gig DVD-R data recovery & Flash Drive data recovery amp what supposedly happened is that Peter lent it to a fellow employee so he could extract some data probably a mistake When he got it back a few minutes later amp tried to use it all he got was a message that it was corrupted As it has all of his product codes phone numbers amp personal sales data for the last year he is really desperate to try amp recover DVD-R data recovery & Flash Drive data recovery the data He does not have a computer of his own so he has no backup another bad idea He has gotten a new Flash Drive a Sony Gig but I have told him that he better go out amp get a nd one to use as a backup As I know basically nothing about Flash Drives is there a program out there that maybe can recover his data Any and all help along with a few words of advice would be greatly appreciated Oh yes I have computers one running on Windows so I can run my old DOS programs amp HD so I guess that dates me amp the other on XP Pro which from what I have read may be an advantage in recovery Happy Skies Chris nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-r-data-recovery-flash-drive-data-recovery.137570/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi everyone My external USb Wd mybook box has tb Seagate Sata and i use original Wd disc as W installed in My PC Case as sata II Today my old problem appears again as Corrupted disc I recovery external Data data but problem, space. Can reach no corrupted have Get Data Back NTFS and i used before plenty of times for recovery loss data or unwanted deletions but This time im stuck Becouse the disk i try to recover includes gb about used disk space only audio files only gb about empty space Thats too big for me to recover to other disks i don't have enough spaces that my other disks can handle I have about gb FREE disk space in several disks or partitions include My thinkpad SL Notebook Data recovery problem, Can reach corrupted data but no external space. --------- So my question is wit keeping my lost data in corrupted disk first can i take them slowly to this gb spaces i know i can and after create somehow emty space deleting those recovered gb on corrupted disk and use that empty space for more recovery Or smilar solutions Becouse DISC PRICES IS HEAVY nowadays and really i'm out of budget with buying some equipments upgrades ---------- IS THERE Data recovery problem, Can reach corrupted data but no external space. ANY PRACTICALLY POSSIBLE SOLUTION even can take very long time Like creating slowly slowly some extra spaces don't know how I know i look silly in Data recovery problem, Can reach corrupted data but no external space. situation becouse i know u should never write to same disc if you dont want to say goodbye to your files E-how happened not necessary to read these part according my experiences Thats the mistakes DOn't do those at the same time After Letting my Share program DC took big share space on that disk today -there were people downloading from my disk and don't know why i did that -i used heavly that disk to tag amp rename my music -Also let windows seven index -and also let my dc indexes my share I did these things at the same time disks was working My Downloads were happening another disk but it didnt help there were no any problems im just suspicious about some virus worked on this corruption but i don't have enough clue to say that Seems overload processes made this corruption Also one more mistake i made even i know shouldnt that there was a single folder with about gb value in my musics as jukebox folder Also don't do that normally i allow for download and upload only single disk for example gb Anyway somehow after restarting my OS i suddenly see half of my data was gone from TB disk and stupidly unlike other times while using get data back i tried to write a little amount from lost data to free space on same disc then immediately i gave up but this time disk become unstable Completly corrupted after restart my restart reasons are immediate quit for suspicious virus etc with using removal batch files becouse i SO as classic sorry to take ur time and PLEASE Help

A:Data recovery problem, Can reach corrupted data but no external space.

Hi,

Before you write more data or attempt to read data from the drive through Windows, I would suggest using a Live CD like SysRescueCD to boot from and access the HDD.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/213342-data-recovery-problem-can-reach-corrupted-data-but-no-external-space.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Minitool Power Data Recovery or Runtime Get Data Back, which
one would you choose or which one did you choose? I want to purchase a serious data recovery program for personal business use.

A:Minitool Power Data Recovery or Runtime Get Data Back, which

Hi

Both are good programs and i would recommend purchasing both ( if you can afford ). Both has it's own pros and cons.
"GetDataBack" is good at virtual reconstruction of damage/unrecognizable file systems but i personally found it weak at recovering image files. It recovers images but most of them seems to be corrupted in my testings. Also you need to purchase seperate versions for FAT and NTFS ( GetDataBack simple is garbage ).

On the other hand, "Power data Recovery" works with both FAT and NTFS and it is better at recovering image files. Another proven tools is "R-Studio" which has quiet good reputation among DR professionals. It's user interface is not newbie friendly but has lot's of options which no other tools offers.

Data Recovery from an External Disk with a Damaged File System

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/367221-minitool-power-data-recovery-runtime-get-data-back.html
Relevancy 52.03%

hi i have a scSi disk GB i [Hard header sql recovery] data Drive / extractors data lost information from it and tried to recover with other recovery softwares to no avail finally i got winhex amp got the professional licence i can now data extractors / sql header [Hard Drive data recovery] be able to see all the information on the whole NTFS partition but the problem is that i data extractors / sql header [Hard Drive data recovery] can t be able to recover it when ever i open the logical drive i can see all the information and most of the information is stack up in a quot free space quot which is around gb which i can be able to see has all the information that i need i have tried to recover the free space but its only copied to the location that i specify and no recoveries are made recovering the files by type name has bore no fruits a freind told me i have to curve out that area and use data extractors to get the information out of that area freee space the information in that drive are sql data bases and zip files whats the header for sql what techniques do i use to curve out that space and be abele to extract the information for i can even read the information in text format which are the data extractors available in the market kindly assist its quite urgent i get this information out nbsp

A:data extractors / sql header [Hard Drive data recovery]

I don't know where this thread properly belongs -- but I suspect the question may be too esoteric for most here.

Since it involves data recovery from a hard drive I'm going to move it to Hardware, I think "all other software" is not likely to have anyone with this type of experience.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/data-extractors-sql-header-hard-drive-data-recovery.438131/
Relevancy 52.03%

Minitool Power Data Recovery or Runtime Get Data Back, which
one would you choose or which one did you choose? I want to purchase a serious data recovery program for personal business use.

A:Minitool Power Data Recovery or Runtime Get Data Back, which

you can try the trial of both products which give you a taste of what the programme is like  

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/573327/minitool-power-data-recovery-or-runtime-get-data-back-which/
Relevancy 51.6%

I booted up my Win 7 computer today and ChkDsk said my Ex HDD may have been corrupted and proceeded to delete some files. Those were some very important files - how can I get them back? (Video and Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 files)

I prefer free methods on this - I know I can buy software to do this, but I currently don't have the money. Or a very cheap method, if nothing else.

It's ironic that today was the day I was going to back up this drive.

Please help!

A:External HDD data recovery - Chkdsk erased some data!!

"How To Recover CHK Files Created by CHKDSK and SCANDISK ? Raymond.CC Blog"
How To Recover CHK Files Created by CHKDSK and SCANDISK

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/22300-external-hdd-data-recovery-chkdsk-erased-some-data.html
Relevancy 51.6%

i have lost my tally recovery data wheni pasted from pendrive tally data to computer tally.it was replaced

A:tally recovery data how i recover my replace data from my pc

Recover your data in Tally - Some Tips & Tricks to Recover Tally Datahttp://www.apnitally.com/2006/09/re...

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-8/tally-recovery-data-how-i-recover-my-replace-data-from-my-pc/2147.html
Relevancy 51.17%

BTW if this is in the wrong forum then please tell me and then move as appropriate Thanks Yesterday I was trying to put my Packard Bell iMedia running Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack to sleep and I got a blue screen with the following error codes STOP x x x C A xC x Following that I could not boot in any mode further than the Microsoft Windows XP loading screen at which point the same blue screen was displayed Today I decided to go ahead with a Packard Bell Partial Recovery which allows you to retain your data At first the System Restore on the first screen and Partial Recovery on the second screen options were greyed out and then Bell recovery Data following Packard partial recovery System Restore randomly became available so I tried that got an error message clicked quot OK quot the first time and closed it the second time and both times it restarted Then Partial Recovery was suddenly available So I went ahead with that and when it came to the screen where it asked me what user I wanted to retain the only option was quot No Profile quot Thinking that my data would still be in the place the instructions said it would be C documents and settings Chosen user name I went ahead with quot No Profile quot The recovery ran and the computer restarted and Windows started up again as if it was the first time I'd ran the computer So I created the two user accounts that had previously existed and then logged in with mine Among other messages due to the computer thinking it was new again a Data recovery following Packard Bell partial recovery Packard Bell window came up telling me that Data recovery following Packard Bell partial recovery the recovery had succeeded and my data was in quot C documents and settings Chosen user name quot It wasn't there And it's not there for the other account for Default User for All Users or for Shared Documents There is however about GB of the hard drive being used up by something and I don't know what So after all that I really have two questions Is my data still on the computer Data recovery following Packard Bell partial recovery If so can I recover it I'm on an old Compaq with Windows ME right now BTW I was able to hook it up to my monitor and get an internet connection It's just as well I had it

A:Data recovery following Packard Bell partial recovery

clarification - does your documents and settings folder only shows your new accounts?

do you have two window folders? Try a windows search for your old profile folder and see what it comes up with.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/data-recovery-following-packard-bell-partial-recovery-205468.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi I have been using a Kingston gb data traveler to store work however as I was saving my word document to go home Word crashed and restarted itself it did not however bring up any autorecover options I therefore thought everything was ok and pulled out the USB When I tried to plug this in again it says USB device not recognized This device may have malfunctioned etc It then proceeds to install the USB as an unknown recovery? unrecognised Traveller USB - data Data device and appear like this in the device manager I desperately need to recover this data I was designing a Data Traveller USB unrecognised - data recovery? website and had pages of text on the USB stick What I ve Tried Plugging the USB in another machine This bought up exactly the same error Downloading a Data Doctor Recovery Pen Data Traveller USB unrecognised - data recovery? Drive tool This however did not recognise a USB as being in the system and thus did not work Is there anything I can do to rescue this data P s I use Vista -bit Business nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/data-traveller-usb-unrecognised-data-recovery.739439/
Relevancy 50.74%

I have a 300gb Maxtor Drive partitioned into 4 drives...the OS on the hd was Windows Vista...While i was reinstalling XP i accidently formatted the whole drive because it didnt show the rest of the partitions on the screen...by the time i realized what i just did it was already 5% formatted...so i decided to stop it by turning off my computer...

i was wondering if the data (music, files, pictures, etc etc) is still recoverable...if so, what are the necessary steps that i should take to recover it...my friend sent me OnTrack 6.3 EasyRecovery Pro and i went out and bought Search and Recover 4...should i do a clean format on the drive and then run a data recovery software or should i run the software with the drive being 5% formatted...

if someone can lead me in the right direction i would greatly appreciate it...thanks

pete

A:Data Recovery Lost Data from format

Don't know of any freeware ...
But I know someone who has recovered all of his data from a formatted drive using ..
http://www.runtime.org/

I know he tried some others ... but this one worked.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/data-recovery-lost-data-from-format.594609/
Relevancy 50.74%

I have a 300gb Maxtor Drive partitioned into 4 drives...the OS on the hd was Windows Vista...While i was reinstalling XP i accidently formatted the whole drive because it didnt show the rest of the partitions on the screen...by the time i realized what i just did it was already 5% formatted...so i decided to stop it by turning off my computer...

i was wondering if the data (music, files, pictures, etc etc) is still recoverable...if so, what are the necessary steps that i should take to recover it...my friend sent me OnTrack 6.3 EasyRecovery Pro and i went out and bought Search and Recover 4...should i do a clean format on the drive and then run a data recovery software or should i run the software with the drive being 5% formatted...

if someone can lead me in the right direction i would greatly appreciate it...thanks

pete

Closing duplicate, please reply here:

http://forums.techguy.org/hardware/594609-data-recovery-lost-data-format.html

eddie

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/data-recovery-lost-data-from-format.594612/
Relevancy 50.74%

pete

Please do not post duplicates. With patience, you should get a reply to your post within 24 hours.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/data-recovery-lost-data-from-format.594610/
Relevancy 50.31%

EXCLUDING physical.

dod 5229-22 M? or guttman?

Does anyone know if there was cases where there were files recovered from those? like FBI and such?
Also I used dod on my harddrive and used a recovery program and it still found tons of files and most of them in excellent condition.

A:What is the best option for destroying data?

A Sledge hammer. Or take it out to a gun range and let someone take it out with a .357.

If it is a 2.5" drive, it will shatter into many pieces, once smacked with a mini-sledge (5#'s). If it is a 3.5", take out the screws, remove the platters, keep the magnets, since they come in really handy for stuff at times. Then just toss the platters into a fire to roast them to their death.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/69619-what-best-option-destroying-data.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi, I wan to buy a X1 Carbon with a SIM port for 4G Data. I live in France and my career operator is Orange. > What is the difference between "Bande large mobile intégrée 4G LTE (Huawei ME906S)" and the more expensive "Qualcomm Snapdragon X7 LTE-A (Sierra Wireless EM7455)"?> What is the SIM card format? Mini SIM? Thanks for helping,Anthony

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/Which-WWAN-option-4G-SIM-Data/td-p/3351254
Relevancy 49.88%

Hiya I managed to lose one of my HDD s with all my multimedia on it and have been trying unsuccessfully Pc Data File Recovery Inspector Recovery With to regain it with PCINSPECTOR The Data Recovery With Pc Inspector File Recovery HDD ISNT where my windows is installed and has become corrupted something happened with the partition and it went kablooey The problem i seem to be having with PCINSPECTOR is that it comes up with for example quot Cluster MP quot and it doesn t work Is it something wrong with how im using PCI or something like that I scan for drives Choose quot NONAME on FIXED DISK quot scan for logical drives and withing the first ten seconds it comes up with two partitions Choosing the second one i get these files and the first one nothing Scanning them for FAT So basically am i using quot PCI FR quot properly am i doing something wrong and or is there a cheap better alternative with results Patch Sorry guys bt i managed to fix this with the use of a different program Awesome program I m gonna plug it now quot R Studio quot well worth the investment My Multimedia was worth the odd

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/152008/data-recovery-with-pc-inspector-file-recovery/
Relevancy 49.88%

My friend has been having trouble with her laptop because im trying to find a recovery option on but all the ones i know arnt avaliable and her laptop turns off after 8 seconds but she can go onto safe mode

A:No recovery option

My friend has been having trouble with her laptop because im trying to find a recovery option on but all the ones i know arnt avaliable and her laptop turns off after 8 seconds but she can go onto safe modeHi -Just to clarify the problem as I read it. The laptop will not stay turned on in normal mode for more than 8 seconds.As some makes do not use the same settings can you please post the Make and Model - For example I know how to set my Toshiba but my friends HP is not exactly the same -Thank You -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/425081/no-recovery-option/
Relevancy 49.88%

like the famous brands, hp/dell/acer have a facility to press f11 or alt+f10 or whatever to enter recovery option , i want to know , if i partition my drive , create an image of my c: onto the second partition d:. how can i programme by bios or post screen to hit a specific key that goes to that partition and allows factory default os and apps to be loaded . i have a built up pc by the way, its not a branded one

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/set-recovery-option-by-using-a-key-490554.html
Relevancy 49.88%

a few months ago i bought a HP ENVY Notebook - 15-q207tx with a pre installed windows 8 and i made a recovery disk with win8 but then win10 came and i upgraded my notebook to win10 and when i try to make a recovery disk for win10 it said that i can only make 1 recovery disk so i cannot make a recovery disk with win10... can anybody help me with this? thanks in advance....

A:recovery option

Hi, The recovery partition and the ability to create 1 set of recovery media only applies to the original operating system that the notebook shipped with - this is to comply with Microsofts T&Cs for oem versions of Windows. However, another option you could consider would be to create your own Windows 10 installation media. When you upgrade to Windows 10, the activation servers record a hardware profile on your machine.  As long as the existing installation of Windows 10 has activated Ok after the upgrade from 8.1, you can just create your own Windows 10 installation media and use this to reinstall Windows 10 when required. A guide on creating this media and how to use it to perform a clean installation is detailed in the guide on the following link.  Note: When you use this method, at the activation screen, select 'I don't have a Product key' - Windows will activate automatically once the installation has completed. http://www.howtogeek.com/224342/how-to-clean-install-windows-10/ Regards, DP-K

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/recovery-option/td-p/5619633
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello, I have recently purchased a new 3TB drive for the purposes of backing up my data.

I have two drives that need backing up: a 2TB, and a 1TB. However I am not looking to backup the entirety of those drives. I am looking to transfer roughly 80% of the data on each to the new backup drive. As such cloning the drives onto partitions on the 3TB isn't a suitable option.

As well, I need the files to be accessible so they cannot be placed into an image or archive.

What is the best method to use if transferring several hundred large video files? As a copy-paste through Windows just seems like a bad idea.

A:What is the best option for transferring TBs of data between drives?

I have always found Teracopy to be fairly good with large amounts of data. Here is a link and you can check into it and see if you want to give it a try: TeraCopy for Microsoft Windows - Code Sector

I'm sure others may have better/alternate suggestions.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/283366-what-best-option-transferring-tbs-data-between-drives.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I recently tweaked my netbooks boot options.

before, when turning the netbook on, it would show "Press F6 for recovery" option, but now it doesnt show.

I checked the partition and it still shows 7gb recovery is still there.

how do i enable it?

please help thanks!

A:netbook recovery option

Press F1 or whatever key it is to enter Setup. See if there is a place to enable the Recovery options to the boot menu.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/netbook-recovery-option-428033.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Dell desk top DXPO5, bios ver A05.
Stuck in continous loop yet I got to the system recovery and I have 5 options:
Startup repair
System repair
System image recovery
Windows memory diagnostics
Command prompt

So this is what I did: I went too to YouTube and I shouldn't have, went to msconfig,advance sys, performance options, adjust for best performance, blah,blah,blah and here I am.
I am trying to get to factory defaults. I do not have any files that I need to save, bought this computer on craigslist, no disc. I went to the Dell website and got to this point which has taken a while, just like to know what to do mext

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/system-recovery-option.1168526/
Relevancy 49.45%

We have sales force of 90 who all have laptops, on occasion these laptops will not boot because of some kind of system corruption which will in turn force the salesmen to drive into our corporate location to get the issue fixed, which is usually done by running the XP Recovery Console and a few commands like CHKDSK /R /P. This causes downtime which these guys cannot afford.

My question is, would it be possible or even make sense to perhaps somehow give these guys the ability to do some kind of recovery themselves? Maybe create an XP thumbdrive? Or maybe even XP's own system restore? Remember, these guys are anything but "computer smart" so it would have to be something simple they could do or be walked through over the phone. Also as a side note, these guys do not have admin rights.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/remote-recovery-option-236679.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hey all, I am trying to restore my vista system back to its dell inspiron531s factory settings. Long story short sent it in to get fixed and it came back worse now Best Buy wants to charge to remove malware or something. i want to reformat and reinstall but not having any luck. Control F11 doesnt work, I tried using PCRestore in the recovery partition but it says its reformatting then just errors out about halfway through (no Code). I cant use the CD/dvd drive so no disks will work and I dont have a floppy drive.

Can this thing be restored to factory in some other way?? My last idea at this point is to try to make a bootable flash drive, but I believe that destroys the recovery partition doesnt it? Not to mention more work if there is another way. Any info you all could give me would be apprecieated.

A:fixing recovery option?

Dell restore if F key doesn't work.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/fixing-recovery-option.810525/
Relevancy 49.45%

good day every one i'm having trouble in restoring  windows 8 on my vostro 5460..
with an error message  of 0xc00000f
i tried using system recovery option .but upon clicking on "install now"   asking me to enter product key..the problem is i d'ont have a copy of it.
any help is highly appreciated and pls give other option in using system recovery option

A:system recovery option any help

geraldm.Click the link below for resolutions to this error message.Error Message

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/3524/t/19683482
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi all On one of my computers I am running Windows XP and I have been having problems over and over with it I would sort something out and it would work great then something else would stuff up However after recently working perfectly for a month or so after doin a complete clean install of everything on startup i recieve an error stating that the following file is missing or corrupt C windows system config system It states I can start up with the XP cd and go to the repair console to try and fix it I click R on load up when prompted and takes me to the command prompt and I have no idea how to fix it from there I would appreciate if anybody can help Also on the first attempts on loading with the XP cd after attempts on one DVD drive the recovery option with or Need help startup DVD drive wont work anymore the second drive tested would read the CD at startup but would not proceed and just keep restarting after about minute waiting after telling it to boot from CD The third drive seems to be ok and letting it load but now im stuck at the recovery section Thanks in advance

A:Need help with recovery or startup option

welcome

unplug any unnecessary drives, roms, ect while you are having trouble

http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/need-help-with-recovery-or-startup-option-96218.html
Relevancy 49.45%

i ve been searching the forum for problems booting up coz i had this problem before and because of it i formatted my system and lost all my data and took ages to reinstall my programs coz it was many it was a nightmere i noticed that the recovery console option is the solution for most if not all this problems quot it works like magic as it seems quot the problem now is what if i don t have this quot magic quot or quot repair option quot in my win xp don't i a recovery if console option?!! what have bootable cd quot i just have quot windows set up and partitioning option quot does the boot what if i don't have a recovery console option?!! floppy disks have this recovery console option i got the floppies and actually don t know how to use them incase i failed to boot again i know lots have this what if i don't have a recovery console option?!! problem so i guess answering me others will benifit from thanx inadvancewhat if i don t have a recovery console option nbsp

A:what if i don't have a recovery console option?!!

as far as ive ever known, xp cds come stock with the recovery console. It would be ridiculous of an OS didn't come with a way to repair itself or another option short of formatting and reinstaling the original OS. Perhaps youre not looking at all the options? There has to be something there. What if you act as if youre going to do a fresh install, is the option incorporated in there anywhere? Also, heres microsoft's support page for recovery, etc. : http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;314058

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-if-i-dont-have-a-recovery-console-option.395367/
Relevancy 49.45%

I have a new 8900.  I want to create recovery media in case I have to completely restore the computer OS.  One place on Dell site seems to imply I need a 16GB USB drive to do this.  Somewhere else it indicates a DVD disk is what I would have to make a recovery.  After much searchng I am  at a loss.  
Any suggestions about how I should best create recovery media?  I am familiar with having the DVDs shipped with computers from Dell.  That's not the case now I guess. Also, does the recovery media include required device drivers?  I assume the recovery media is on one of the 4 partitiions shipped with my 2TB HDD 

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19997505
Relevancy 49.45%

We have sales force of 90 who all have laptops, on occasion these laptops will not boot because of some kind of system corruption which will in turn force the salesmen to drive into our corporate location to get the issue fixed, which is usually done by running the XP Recovery Console and a few commands like CHKDSK /R /P. This causes downtime which these guys cannot afford.

My question is, would it be possible or even make sense to perhaps somehow give these guys the ability to do some kind of recovery themselves? Maybe create an XP thumbdrive? Or maybe even XP's own system restore? Remember, these guys are anything but "computer smart" so it would have to be something simple they could do or be walked through over the phone. Also as a side note, these guys do not have admin rights.

A:Remote recovery option

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307654
This creates a second boot option for recovery console.
I'm afraid admin rights would be required to run recovery console.
Perhaps you could give an admin password as required.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/remote-recovery-option.700023/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi all Here are the details of what has been going on with my other computer I am open to any and all suggestions or feedback on what I can try doing next It is having issues loading Windows for whatever reason It acts like it cannot even find the windows files The hard drive is still showing up in BIOS though so the installation must have gotten corrupted somehow during some Windows updates As soon as this issue came up I put in 7 available. Windows is should do not I Option Recovery What the same Windows installation cd that I had used to install it with and went to the recovery options menu From there I told it to do a system restore and after it got done with that and rebooted it still was not finding the Windows installation So I tried going back into the System Recovery option a second time so that I could tell it to try repairing the windows installation and it was saying that the Windows Recovery option is not compatible with the version of windows I have installed which does not make any sense since I just accessed the recovery option a few moments before Now it won t even let me access it I tried using other system restore disks from Windows just in case they may work and they all give me the same error message I Windows 7 Recovery Option is not available. What should I do cannot access the system recovery option at all now I should have had it try to repair the installation first while I had the chance instead of system restore Now it is too late I even tried loading from a Linux operating system to see if I could try to create a current system image of windows and back it up somehow so that I can just reinstall Windows again and restore it to the way it was using the system image but linux is even having trouble loading I am not sure what to do now I would have no issue reinstalling Windows again if I had a current system image elsewhere that I can restore it to Have you heard of people being locked out of the system recovery option like this It seems to be a common error on quite a few forums with Windows and some of the answers or suggestions work for some people but not for others Thank you for your help Let me know if you need anymore information I will check back periodically for any updates to this thread Have a great day nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-recovery-option-is-not-available-what-should-i-do.1170517/
Relevancy 49.45%

I HAVE A HEWLET PACKARD NETBOOK THAT CAME PR INSTALLED WITH WINDOWS 7 HOME PREMIUM. I then upgraded to windows 8. I now want to go back to windows 7. I plugged the laptop hard drive into my pc and have noticed that there is a 20gb recovery partition. I cant boot from this when hard drive is in the laptop. Is there anything I can do

A:Recovery option windows 7

Upgrading to W8 must have changed the HD partitions to GPT. You may find something in the Tutorials section how to change the settings to allow W7 to boot and install. But as for the discs you could order the recovery set for W7 from HP or if you still have your original product key for W7 Home Premium it should work with a W7 Home Premium iso that you burn to DVD or use to create a bootable USB installer.

There are probably links to the iso downloads on the forum if you have broadband.

Maybe someone will chime in with the settings changes that will allow you to boot the W7 media. Partition Wizard should allow you to change GPT partitions to MBR type.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/333046-recovery-option-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello.

My computer does not boot up. Whenever I push the on button, it does not boot. Nothing appears on the screen, all I get is a continuous beeping.

Here is the beeping:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rJDJuZV0Lc

Please have a listen and tell me what you think the problem is and possible solutions.

Thanks to anyone who helps.

A:Help. Computer wont boot...just a continuous beeping (beeping included)

Welcome to TSG....

I did not download the file but I would make sure that the memory is reseated properly and also all of the other cards like video card is/are also seated properly. Do this reseating with the computer powered down.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-computer-wont-boot-just-a-continuous-beeping-beeping-included.706041/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi,

I have a larged data drive that failed a disk check. It stalls when starting stage two (I belive that is the verification of indexing). I have been able to back-up all of the folders except for a large folder of raw video. The PC locks up when I attempt to access/copy this folder (it appears to be part of the problem). I want to make an attempt to recover this data before reformatting the drive.

The check disk fails both at start up or if I run from the desktop both in regular and safe mode. Does anyone have tips for recoverying this data?

A:Data Recovery of data drive

You could try using a 98 boot disk and then run ntfsdos from there to access the ntfs partitions. Then try an xcopy of that file to another drive.

Another method could be to use Winrar to create a multipart archive and store it on another drive. This might chunk it up enuff.

Or boot to recovery console from the CD and then run chkdsk /r which marks any sectors that are corrupt as bad so they will not be used again, even after format. All take some time, but they are readily availalble fixes.

Alternatively, you could create an image of the drive and save that somewhere else, then run your drive manufacturers disk utility to check integrity of the disk.

Hope this helps

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/data-recovery-of-data-drive.370254/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi all, i am requesting some technical assitance in solving this issue.

i have a hard disk that has been recently affected by [email protected] virus and all the .doc and xls files have been reduced to 1kb irispective of their initial sizes and when you open the files you get this error; DATA Error [47 0F 94 93 F4 K5]

I would like to recover the affected files to their original state, i have searched the internet over and no one seems to have the solution documented

currently i am trying to download QuickView Plus (Version 8), i have tried all aplications i can come across, including recover my files, winhex, get data back for ntfs, and r-studio.

i am honestly intrested in documenting the solution to this problem, and am intrested in suggestins on the best way to approach this

looking forward to your favourable reply.

regards

A:DATA Error [47 0F 94 93 F4 K5] Data Recovery

You will most likely need to restore those files from a backup. But don't do anything until you've made sure the virus is gone. Don't want to reinfect the files.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/data-error-47-0f-94-93-f4-k5-data-recovery.504545/
Relevancy 48.59%

I HAVE HP 15-f162dx NOTEBOOK PC IN WHICH I AM TRYING TO CREATE RECOVERY DVD DISKS IN "HP RECOVERY MANAGER", BUT IN THE "HP - CREATE RECOVERY MEDIA" THEIR IS NO OPTION TO CREATE DVD. REQUEST EARLY RESOLUTION. REGARDS 

A:THEIR IS NO DVD OPTION FOR CREATING DVD RECOVERY DISKS IN HP...

Did you purchase the notebook second hand? If there is no option to create recovery media, it means that recovery media has already been created. HP only allows for the creation of one set or type of recovery media. That was stated at the time the media was created.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/THEIR-IS-NO-DVD-OPTION-FOR-CREATING-DVD-RECOVERY-DISKS-IN-HP/td-p/5646151
Relevancy 48.59%

I had an option to repair my computer without the need of the repair disk before I did a clean install of windows 7 64bit. My setup is exactly the same using the same DVD I used for the initial install that had the option to repir my computer. This is a PC that I built so it has nothing to do with manufacturer.

Why would I not have the same option to repair my computer after a new installation using he same method?

A:No option to Repair your computer in Recovery

Please post back a screenshot of Disk Management - Post a Screen Capture Image - Windows 7 Help Forums.

Did you delete all partitions during booted install using the drive options shown in Step 7 of Clean Install Windows 7?

If so have you repaired Win7 boot since then using only bootrec commands, as these dated XP-era commands do not do the full job which Startup Repair - Run up to 3 Separate Times does including rewriting the F8 WInRE link.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/290513-no-option-repair-your-computer-recovery.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi. I would like to do a soft recovery to my HP lapton but I cannot find it, in the past I have done it a few times but now I cannot find it. 1) I write recovery to to start, then HP recovery manager appears, I click on it. But the following interface is very different. I cannot find softrecovery option there.Would you like to help?Thank you.

Solved!
View Solution.

A:I cannot find soft recovery option

Hi,              Click on Windows Recovery Environment----> Then the unit will restart----> Select Troubleshoot--->Then you can select Refersh your PC (which will reset the unit without deleting the data stored in it)  Check the below link for more information on how to launch it http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Pavilion-15-Notebook-PC-series/5401225/model/5443031/document/c03538721/

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/I-cannot-find-soft-recovery-option/td-p/5601231
Relevancy 48.59%

I tried to reboot my compaq laptop and I used the wrong system recovery. I'm not even sure which one I used, I think it was system restore or else complete restore. But now the laptop has rebooted to a compaq desktop instead of vista desktop and all my files are gone. I never had a compaq desktop on the laptop as it came with vista. Us there any way to retrieve my files? Last system restore is showing as yesterday, when this happened, and that is the only system restore date...

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/I-used-the-wrong-system-recovery-option/td-p/5671640
Relevancy 48.59%

I posted this in the XP forum but thought this one may also result in some responses After powering down during a system restore my Dell Inspiron Laptop is caught in the loop that results in the Blue Screen error STOP x B None of the modes work last known safe etc I have read a lot of the posts about restoring that system and am not so concerned about getting USB Laptop Option Recovery Enclosure HD the laptop up and running but just recovering the data from that drive - pictures from the laptop Is this strategy below an option Purchasing a USD Hard Drive Enclosure Removing the hard drive from the laptop Connecting the laptop d it to the Enclosure Plugging Laptop HD Recovery Option USB Enclosure it into our pc Laptop HD Recovery Option USB Enclosure to copy the files Since the drive will not boot via the laptop am I right in saying that the drive should be readable as any other drive if connected in the manner Laptop HD Recovery Option USB Enclosure above Thanks ahead of time Jason nbsp

A:Laptop HD Recovery Option USB Enclosure

Yup, thats what I do in such cases.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-hd-recovery-option-usb-enclosure.455932/
Relevancy 48.59%

I remember the days of Windows 2000 and XP where you could install the Windows Recovery Console as a separate OS by using the command winnt32.exe /cmdcons. This would allow you to boot into the Recovery Console without having to load your CD. Obviously the Recovery Console was removed in Vista and 7, and was replaced with the Recovery Mode. I want to know if there's a way to do this with the Windows 7 Recovery Mode. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

A:Recovery Mode as an OS boot option

Not sure I understand the question, XP was before my time.

Have you tried F8 on the advanced boot menu? Advanced Boot Options

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/319464-recovery-mode-os-boot-option.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I need to do a system recovery of Windows XP on an HP Pavilion m7100y desktop Media Center. Of course, I want to save my data. But after following all the steps for the procedure -- from both a disk and from the hard drive -- I am not given the option to do a safe, standard recovery. The only choice I'm given is for a full, destructive recovery that will eliminate my data. Could this be because there is too much damage to allow a safe recovery, or have I overlooked something or done something wrong?

Morgnan7

Relevancy 48.59%

Hi, I want to format the E-system 1212. Until recently there was a pop up that kept appearing saying "create a recovery disk", but now I want it, its not appearing, where can I find this option?

Many thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/e-system-1212-recovery-option.1070641/
Relevancy 48.59%

My laptops battery died in the middle of a factory restore. I had been using it as a desktop as the screen is broken. Now the HDMI port does nothing.That is a problem because that was what I plugged the laptop into my moniter  with. all that happens when I turn on the laptop is the screens backlight turns on.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Need-recovery-option-screen-broken/td-p/5611944
Relevancy 48.59%

hello to everyone well done for this great forum to the admins.
i would like to know if its posible to add options to the recovery tool like this for example
it would be very helpful to add norton ghost image for example or erd tools etc..
thanks

A:windows 7 add option to recovery console

I doubt that this would be possible. Where would the data to customize this be stored?

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/322441-windows-7-add-option-recovery-console.html
Relevancy 48.16%

My wife's nephew picked up a virus that Avast had flagged as newgeneration.com/x/x and oldschoolzz.com/x/. I have ran Malwarebytes, SuperAnti Spyware, and quarantined trojans that were found several times (also tried it in safe mode). They keep coming back so I was going to do a system recovery with the discs that I had burned when she first got her computer.

The problem is that when I get to the screen to select the dvd drive nothing is populating that box to select. At this point I am stuck. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

This is an Asus computer running Windows 7.

Many Thanks

A:DVD Drive not listed option in Window 7 recovery

OK as it is an ASUS, When you turn it on have you tried selecting F8?

Don't try from within Windows

Rereading I see that you could be trying from Windows or The P.O.S.T. screen that comes up when you turn on the computer.

Roger

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/459810/dvd-drive-not-listed-option-in-window-7-recovery/
Relevancy 48.16%

Combofix told me to post my log I am not for sure Didn't get the console recovery option installed. have to if I have any problems to my computer still or not Also I didn't get the option to have the windows recovery console installed When I walked Didn't get the option to have recovery console installed. back into the room it had already restarted itself I didn't have a helper my cousin a computer genius told me to run this Thanks ComboFix - - - Administrator - FAT x Microsoft Windows Professional GMT - Running from c documents and settings Administrator Desktop ComboFix exeWARNING -THIS MACHINE DOES NOT HAVE THE RECOVERY CONSOLE INSTALLED Other Deletions c winnt system d d caps datc winnt system Deleteme batc winnt system mdm exec winnt Web default htt Drivers Services ------- Legacy IPRIP------- Legacy P-SYS SERVICE------- Legacy ROFL------- Service Iprip------- Service P-SYS Service------- Service rofl Files Created from - - to - - - - - - ---h----- c winnt ShellIconCache - - - - --a------ c winnt system SET DD tmp - - - - --a------ c winnt system hidserv exe - - - - --a------ c winnt system dllcache hidserv exe - - - - lt DIR gt d-------- c documents and settings Administrator Application Data com adobe mauby E D FB EE F B D B DF CE - - - - --a------ c winnt system lsdelete exe - - - - lt DIR gt d-------- c winnt system DRVSTORE - - - - --a------ c winnt system drivers Lbd sys - - - - lt DIR gt d--h----- c documents and settings All Users Application Data C - - D-AC - A B B - - - - lt DIR gt d-------- c documents and settings All Users Application Data Lavasoft - - - - lt DIR gt d-------- c winnt AdwareProSolution - - - - lt DIR gt d-------- c program files TeaTimer Spybot - Search amp Destroy - - - - lt DIR gt d-------- c program files SDHelper Spybot - Search amp Destroy - - - - lt DIR gt d-------- c program files Misc Support Library Spybot - Search amp Destroy - - - - lt DIR gt d-------- c program files File Scanner Library Spybot - Search amp Destroy - - - - lt DIR gt d-------- c documents and settings Administrator Application Data PC Tools - - - - lt DIR gt d-------- c program files Common Files PC Tools - - - - lt DIR gt d-------- c documents and settings All Users Application Data TEMP - - - - --a------ c winnt system drivers AVHook sys - - - - --a------ c winnt system drivers AVRec sys - - - - --a------ c winnt system drivers AVFilter sys - - - - lt DIR gt d-------- c program files PC Tools AntiVirus - - - - lt DIR gt d-------- c documents and settings All Users Application Data PC Tools - - - - lt DIR gt d-------- c program files Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware - - - - lt DIR gt d-------- c documents and settings All Users Application Data Malwarebytes - - - - lt DIR gt d-------- c documents and settings Administrator Application Data Malwarebytes - - - - --a------ c winnt system drivers mbamswissarmy sys - - - - --a------ c winnt system drivers mbam sys - - - - --a------ c winnt system wuapi dll mui - - - - lt DIR gt d-------- c winnt fix Find M Report - - --------- d-----w c program files Common Files Adobe AIR - - --------- d-----w c program files NOS - - --------- d-----w c documents and settings All Users Application Data NOS - - ---h--w c program files desktop ini - - ---h--w c program files folder htt - - ------w c winnt inf wbfirdma sys - - ----a-w c program files Common Files IRAABOUT DLL - - ----a-w c program files Common Files IRAMDMTR DLL - - ----a-w c program files Common Files IRALPTTR DLL - - ----a-w c program files Common Files IRAWEBTR DLL - - ----a-w c program files Common Files IRAREG DLL - - ----a-w c program files Common Files IRASRIAL DLL Reg Loading Points Note empty entries amp legit default entries are not shown REGEDIT HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Run quot IBMPMSVC quot quot c winnt System ibmpmsvc exe quot - - quot StorageGuard quot quot c program files VERITAS Software Update Manager sgtray exe quot - - quot QuickTime Task quot quot c program files ... Read more

A:Didn't get the option to have recovery console installed.

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a description of your problem, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.comDDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERER,K

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/205312/didnt-get-the-option-to-have-recovery-console-installed/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello,

I wanted to remove the hidden recovery parition on my Asus Zenbook UX31A, which is 20GB in size, and I need that space, because the laptop just has a 128GB SSD, and I am permanently on space limit of about 1-2GB and Windows isn't working anymore properly.

The problem is, when I open the Windows 8 recovery tool, the option for copying the recovery partition is greyed out. I googled for this, and I just could find informations about, that this can happen, but not why, and how to solve it.

A:Can't create a recovery usb stick, option greyed out

The ASUS version of
Recovery Drive - Create with USB Flash Drive in Windows 8
   Warning
Deleting the Recovery Partition is NOT RECOMMENDED

You can only make one copy, than it is greyed out.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/26649-cant-create-recovery-usb-stick-option-greyed-out.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I've re-installed Windows using an OEM boot CD, and now I cannot get it to boot from the HDD. I have set the prioroty in the BIOS to HDD/CD/Floppy and Windows just gets stuck in a loop when trying to start ("loading personal settings" > "logging off" > "loading personal settings" etc.). It boots fine from the CD if I change the BIOS priority to CD/HDD/Floppy.

I cannot run the recovery program from the CD as it goes straight into the WinXP installation (I'd imagine due to being an OEM CD).

I had to re-install windows due to a virus attack, which I believe must have changed something in the boot registry. Any ideas please?

A:Solved: WinXP not booting, no recovery option on CD

Just for further info, I have tried running recovery console from another WinXP CD and running fixboot and fixmbr but no joy

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-winxp-not-booting-no-recovery-option-on-cd.992737/
Relevancy 48.16%

I had noticed some things has changed with Bitlocker on Win8.1 Pro.
First, under the recovery options, there is no option to Saving the recovery key to a USB, and only shows Save to File or to a MS Account.

Anyways, I plugged in my USB flash stick and saved the recovery key TXT file to on that USB. I rebooted, and after the reboot, it started to encrypt.

Second, I am seeing the Bitlockered OS drive not taking up most of the space like I had seen under Win7.
I even selected to Encrypt the ENTIRE drive and not the Used Space.

Please see images.

http://www.eightforums.com/system-security/73087-bitlocker-recovery-key-saving-usb-option-missing.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi This is in regards Solved: - HP Partition option? Recovery FAIL next to an HP desktop running Vista Home SP I am attempting to fix what appears to be a severely corrupted Solved: HP Recovery Partition FAIL - next option? OS and or malware Solved: HP Recovery Partition FAIL - next option? infection This individual does not have an AV program installed The Solved: HP Recovery Partition FAIL - next option? computer while it does work - operates so unbelievably slow that the installation or running of most programs is not a possibility - installing an AV program does not seem to be a great option at this point I would like to attempt a system restore - get the system back to a point when it was running okay months ago And then install a AV and run a scan I cannot get Sys Restore to start Not even from an F boot The HP Recovery Partition does load yet when I select the option for Sys Restore - it just hangs forever Can I make or buy a CD DVD that will allow me to run System Restore from the CD DVD If so does this CD DVD have to be HP specific Can I do this from a retail non HP Vista DVD Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 48.16%

Hey guys my brother wants to recover his laptop his default and i have little experience with asus laptops. Fortunately it seems to have a recovery partition in it, the bad news is i dont know which option to pick out of the 3
Recover Windows to first partition only.
This option deletes only the first partition and allows you to keep other partitions, and to create a new system partition as drive "C".
Recover Windows to entire HD.
This option deletes all partitions from your hard disk drive and creates a new system partition as drive "C".
Recover Windows to entire HD with two partitions.
This option deletes all partitions from your hard drive and creates two new partitions "C" (25%) and "D" (75%).

Which option will let me restore to default and keep recovery partition?

A:Asus recovery partition which option to pick?

What partitions does he currently have?

Are his personal files (video, mp3s, pictures, etc) currently on C? Regardless, they should be backed up.

A picture of Windows Disk Management would help.

I wouldn't bother with the third choice unless he likes that 25/75 proportion. If he wants to delete all partitions and create 2 new ones, he can certainly do that manually after the recovery in any proportion he wants, not just 25/75.

It appears the last 2 choices will wipe the drive clean, which may not be what he wants---depending on his current partition setup.

The description you provided isn't exactly clear which would go back to factory default. My guess would be choice 1 as it is the only choice that does NOT say "deletes all partitions", which, if taken literally, would include deletion of the recovery partition.

You might want to contact Asus support, but that may be an exercise in frustration.

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/349916-asus-recovery-partition-option-pick.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I was not sure where to post this.

Anyway when i turn the computer on i am given extra option of starting Windows XP media editon or Recovery console and i have 3 seconds to decide. I no longer have combofix installed and want to remove this boot option just to speed things up abit when loading the computer.

How do i do this?

A:Combofix. Remove recovery console option

Hello MatthewC

That option is still present because the Windows Recovery Console is still on your system. It is not removed along with ComboFix. The reason for this is that having the Recovery Console on the system provides powerful recovery options in the event of system failure for any number of reasons. Without the Recovery Console, if Windows XP fails to boot for some reason your options for recovery are very limited. Furthermore, removing the Recovery console will not significantly improve your boot time (about 3 seconds faster)

That being said, the option can be removed by removing the Recovery Console. If you're determined to do this. . . let me know in a reply to this thread and I'll let you know how.

~Blade

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/317419/combofix-remove-recovery-console-option/
Relevancy 48.16%

My Dell Laptop was once failed to boot and I have Successfully repair using win 7 installation DVD. Then I forget to remove the DVD and accidentally battery was discharged to 0% (dead). Now windows is is not rebooting and "System recovery option is repeating it self without the DVD... Please Help.

A:System recovery Option runs itself without installation dvd

Unplug the cord and battery, hold power button down 30 seconds, plug back in power and press Power button.

If you get Recovery Options then run Startup Repair, reboot and report back results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/369632-system-recovery-option-runs-itself-without-installation-dvd.html
Relevancy 48.16%

hello! i've just used the windows 7 utility on my hp station pc wich is called "restore to factory bla bla something" and this seems like went smoothly, but when i try to reboot the pc, and after the "prepearing pc for first use" theres is a text box poping up witch says " could not complete instalation of windows, to install windows on this computer, restart the instalation" and then the system reboots again, and it all starts over... can any1 please help? cuse i dont know how to restart the installation, and i dont have any cd/dvd or usb, tried to download the windows 7 usb/dvd download tool, but as a first step it is requested a .iso file witch i dont have, and dont knowwhere to find..

A:need help with instaling windows 7 after factory recovery option..

Hi thejonasway91, Welcome to Seven Forums.
I believe you have an OEM version of windows. The first thing you should have done is make your 'Recovery' dvd's.
Once thats done, you can use it to re install your OS. It can be done from the start menu, but I would do it with the settings you have at present.
Post an image of Disc Management.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/197256-need-help-instaling-windows-7-after-factory-recovery-option.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Well, I have to keep my computer on for various reasons at times, and I have a electricity problem, due to which I get recovery options most often. Now what I want, is I wish every time I got recovery options, windows would choose Start Normaly everytime. Even though the "startup repair(recommended)" option is there. I dun want to repair cuz its just the power outtage.
And I want it to be automatic because I'm afk most of the time.

A:Auto selecting an option from recovery menu?

Is this the XP screen that you are talking about?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/245714-auto-selecting-option-recovery-menu.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Is it possible to create a recovery partition or image on a PC, which could recover the PC using a Fn key during boot up ?

I have a PC with a recovery partition which is for vista, which is now obsolete now Imhave moved up to Windows 10 via Windows 7.... never want to recover to vista...

would love over to create my own recovery partition, where pressing e.g. Fn11 during startup invokes the recovery process.....maybe this is too difficult...there is a program called AOMEI OneKey Recovery which promises to do such, or so it looks...

A:create recovery partition with restore option with Fn key

Acronis True Image 2016 does this. You enable Startup Recovery Manager and you can hit F11 during the boot process to recover a disc image. Adds about 30 sec to boot process before it defaults to OS startup.

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/37340-create-recovery-partition-restore-option-fn-key.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Ok I have viruses left out of the i did have before i have posted on this i used this combofix program and basic avira deleting and got rid of the other When i first started getting rid of my viruses hrs ago my firewall was turned off which wasnt me and i couldn't turn it back on looking around on the internet found a solution and got rid of it and i cant remember how i did that P i think it was combo fix Looked around at some solutions but a lot of them tell me that i should be formatting computer an recovery option/ not my 0 points Formatting is my comp but that would reset everything includding the Formatting my computer is not an option/ 0 recovery points way i have my computer setup S I have no experience with any of this so ill need step Formatting my computer is not an option/ 0 recovery points by step if you can I've neglected this for a while as before on my old Formatting my computer is not an option/ 0 recovery points Laptop i could just transfer all my files to my hardrive and reformat easily without lossing anything now i have a computer and i cant do that because of all the BIOs crap and whatever Please reply P Anyway the current remaining now are W Patched US Services exe vir TR ATRAPS Gen cb vir TR ATRAPS Gen vir BDS ZAccess T vir I'm using Avira antivirus and I have no idea how i got these viruses It won't let me just delete these viruses

A:Formatting my computer is not an option/ 0 recovery points

Just did another full scan after fiddling around with various things im finding on the internet. Only number 1 came up on the full scan. Going to be scanning through the night and checking different solutions and software :S.

Any help would be awesome :D

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/formatting-my-computer-is-not-an-option-0-recovery-points-655085.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I very rarely have to deal with the Windows Recovery Screen but when I do I cannot make a selection. I always have to wait out the 30 second timer and I can never move to select other options such as safe mode.

My keyboard is installed properly and I have tried several different keyboards.

This has been going on for over a year since I got Windows 7, and I've just been ignoring it until now.

Thanks in advance for any info.

A:Can't select an option at Windows Recovery Screen

You are using a wireless keyboard which I'm sure is causing the problem. Hook up a wired (USB or PS2) keyboard temporarily and that will allow you to do what you need.

Not sure how to solve the wireless keyboard problem, since the driver itself is not loaded until Win 7 boots.

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/134621-cant-select-option-windows-recovery-screen.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello All noob to the great site here I've been scouring the net for help with this and just can't seem to find the answer I have a Windows XP Pro install CD that I've slipstreamed a number of times to get all the latest SP's and updates The CD now boots just fine but for some reason the quot Welcome to Setup quot screen never makes itself available i e this is the one where you get the option to install XP repair it by typing R etc Instead it proceeds to load all the necessary files Install Console CD XP Recovery/Repair No option in and then goes straight to the install screen showing the various partitions on the hard drive It just so happens that I've needed the recovery console feature recently but for the life of me I can't figure out how to get it back onto the install CD so that I have that option to choose from when I boot to the CD Just to be clear I don't want to put the recovery console feature onto a hard drive so that it's an option when I turn on the computer I want it to be automatically available again whenever I boot to the XP install CD quot press R quot feature Any help is greatly appreciated - thanks

A:No Recovery/Repair Console option in XP Install CD

You slipstreamed the CD, so you changed it. There is a .bat file + other files that control how XP installs, i.e. full automatic install. This CD was always changed to self-start, so you would need to make a new CD.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/no-recovery-repair-console-option-in-xp-install-cd-332718.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I have an Asus Eee Pc laptop running windows and for some reason it started to run very very slow so I thought I would put it back to factory condition and ran the recovery option F When this had finished I ended up with the after recovery missing Bootmgr running option error message quot Bootmgr missing quot Ctrl-Alt-Del to continue As I had access to an identical machine I created a Bootmgr missing after running recovery option System Repair CD and ran the startup repair option It doesn't find an operating system however but when the menu appears I ran the startup option times as mentioned in another thread The error still occurs Details of the startup repair failure shows bootmgr exe missing and problem event as StartupRepairOffline I tried bootrec exe fixboot and fixmbr and then ran startup repair times again but still no luck I've tried Diskpart and it shows partitions - Gb - Gb - Gb and - mb Bootmgr missing after running recovery option I've made partition active and then active but still no joy I don't have a Win installation DVD but the recovery partition seems to be there I am at a loss on what to do now so I've joined this forum hoping for some guidance Thanks Bill

A:Bootmgr missing after running recovery option

you need to run bootrec /fixmbr
then bootrec /fixboot

from a recovery disk . I am sure you can download a win 7 recovery disk somewhere.

Quote:
How to get a Windows 7 Recovery Disk?
In order to create such a disc you need a healthy Windows 7 PC… I assume this is not the case right // now so I created these disks for you to use:

Download a Windows 7 recovery disc(32 bit version)
Download a Windows 7 recovery disc (64bit version)

Windows 7 Recovery Disk | Boot from CD

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/288116-bootmgr-missing-after-running-recovery-option.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello again,

What I have is a option group on a form. Now, I want to have it to where each individual option pulls from a table, so that the option is checked if the value in the table is true.

I'm not sure how to set this up however. I am assuming that I would need to have a table field set up for each individual option in the option group. Correct?

Now, what type of fields should these be, so that I can link the option group items to those individual fields? And how would I set it up to where on the form, it would show each ones status, as it is in the table.

A:Solved: Group Option Buttons, linking them to table data

Hey, I figured out how to do it. I had to change the ActiveStatus into a number, and set up my checkboxes in the radio group's numbers to correspond.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-group-option-buttons-linking-them-to-table-data.404793/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hello I am not sure if I am in install System : option recovery load what to drivers and ? the correct section but I am trying my luck System recovery option : what drivers to load and install ? anyway Let me try to recap I was playing WoW on my lovely computer Then it crashed horribly Freeze with stuttering sound loop Then black screen then quot No signal quot Computer still running so I reboot manually Windows failed to System recovery option : what drivers to load and install ? launch properly I try to repair Failed I try to make sure that the correct partition is active through command line because the partition that seems to be used is not the usual C it still fail to miserably I may have ed something up doing this Then after hours I manage to create a bootable USB and I try to System recovery option : what drivers to load and install ? repair from it still failed but with some added text Repair details The following startup option will be repaired Name bootmgr Identifier DEA C- CDD- E -ACC -F B D The following startup options will be added Name Windows Home Premium recovered Path Windows Windows Device Partition E MB Name Windows Recovery Environment recovered Path Recovery a e - f - e - d- c b ad b Winre wim Windows Device Partition E MB A copy of the current boot configuration data will be saved as C Boot BCD Backup Which made me all happy and hopeful before it popped an error window with this System Recovery Options Failed to save startup options Then this Re-image your computer An internal error occurred The following information might The following information might help you resolve the error The system cannot find the file specified x Now I am sitting reading this SATA Drivers - Load in Windows Recovery Options Which is exactly what is now displayed in front of my main computer because of course he didn't find my OS despite knowing where and what it is One question remains though what drivers am I supposed to put in there Of course here is hoping that's just the last step before getting my windows back but I ain't exactly optimistic My spec Microsoft Windows Home Premium bits SP oem Motherboard Gigabyte GA-Z -D H Processor Intel Core i K SSD Intel quot Maple Crest quot - Go HDD Seagate Barracuda SATA III - Go Thanks in advance for your help Here is a princess Leia cat for your trouble because you are my only hope

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/392025-system-recovery-option-what-drivers-load-install.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hello Basic issue Reboot Loop unable to access any safe mode last has unexpected option: logon recovery console MiniNT known etc so my only option is recovery console from CDFYI - F shows two installs - one for Media Center and one for XP This recovery console has unexpected logon option: MiniNT is an HP Desktop with a recovery partition in place Before the reboot loop the system was in perfect working order without any issues I believe that it may be malware from having visited video-on-demand sites When I get to recovery console from CD the only option for log on is MiniNT despite there being a proper XP install present My concern is that I don t want to harm the recovery partition s files in any way in case I need it in the future and it s not my machine I m assuming here that the MiniNT IS in fact the recovery system Am I correct I was planning on using recovery console to repair the boot ini mbr kernel and to run chkdsk - quot the works quot - since the stop error xED - unmountable boot volume indicates faulty disk or filesystem I can mount and read the NTFS system fine from a LiveCD without issue I suspect that its the NT kernel that has been corrupt since the rest of the filesystem seems fine Can I repair the kernel on the installed XP by logging in to the MiniNT with recovery console Thanks in advance

A:recovery console has unexpected logon option: MiniNT

"unmountable boot volume" error usually means hard drive issue.Run hard drive diagnostics: http://www.tacktech.com/display.cfm?ttid=287Make sure, you select tool, which is appropriate for the brand of your hard drive.Depending on the program, it'll create bootable floppy, or bootable CD.If downloaded file is of .iso type, use ImgBurn: http://www.imgburn.com/ to burn .iso file to a CD (select "Write image file to disc" option), and make the CD bootable.NOTE. If your hard drive is made by Toshiba, unfortunately, you're out of luck, because Toshiba doesn't provide any diagnostic tool.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/288586/recovery-console-has-unexpected-logon-option-minint/
Relevancy 47.73%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor AMD Athlon tm II P Dual-Core Processor AMD Family Model Stepping and REcovery System Option Advanced Boot Image Processor Advanced Boot Option and System Image REcovery Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Mobility Radeon HD Series Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard AMD Corp Guam Antivirus AVG Anti-Virus Updated and Enabled Trying to fix friends laptop Need to restore it All her restore points are gone Want to do a system image recovery quot if IT still has old information from Advanced Boot Options Advanced Boot Option and System Image REcovery Have tried a dozen times to restart and use F key get to Advanced Boot Options Manage to get to Safe Mode Option but I don t see or there isn t anyway to get o the Advanced Boot Options screen Wondering about just going to the command prompt after windows loads and typing rstrul exe will that work Thanks its taking too long and I want it done before she gets here from work so i can just give it to her nbsp

A:Advanced Boot Option and System Image REcovery

hiya, try tapping f5 as soon as you startup keep tapping until you hear a beep

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/advanced-boot-option-and-system-image-recovery.1098723/
Relevancy 47.73%

I upgraded my windows 10 edition to version 1511.After some days i noticed that the recovery manager option for HP recovery manager (the 14 gb hp recovery partition) in the troubleshot option when i press F11 doesn't exist now.I tried in many ways but nothing fixed that.I bought my pc recently.Does there any option to active the recovery partition again for factory reset ...

A:Can't find the Recovery Manager Option in winRE Troubleshot ...

m55z1n Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but as documented in this HP post, if your PC came preinstalled with the original version of Win10, after you do the November Update, the Recovery Manager no longer works:  HP PCs - Updating to the Latest Version of Windows 10 (Fall 2015 Update) | HP® Customer Support However, if what you want is a way to do recovery, all is not lost. Instead, you can use a third party product known as Macrium Reflect. Macrium Reflect (MR) provides a FREE version that can be used to image and restore partitions or entire drives.What I recommend is the following:1) Download and install Macrium Reflect (MR)2) Run MR and choose the option: "Create an image of the partition(s) required to backup and restore Windows" to write a full backup to an external drive or USB stick3) Use the option to create a boot USB stick or CDMy experience is that MR, when using the High Compression option, typically can compress the saved image file to about 50% of the USED space in the OS partition.  This means if you have an 80GB OS partition, and 40GB is used, MR only needs about 20GB to store the image file.I use this all the time and it typically takes less than 10 minutes to do the image backup and about the same time or less to do a restore.  Plus, MR has the option to Add a Recovery Boot Menu entry.  This allows you then to boot into WinRE, and you can then use that to do a restore -- when you can't boot into Windows!NOW, you have the means to restore a full working system from the external drive or USB stick in only a few minutes. Good Luck========================================================================I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor do I represent, HP.---------------------------------------------------------------If my posts helped you, please click the Thumbs-Up symbol on my post to say thanks.If my posts solved your problem please click "Accept As Solution".========================================================================

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Can-t-find-the-Recovery-Manager-Option-in-winRE-Troubleshot/td-p/5656461
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi,

Just that, can the ACER laptop be partitioned without losing the option for factory recovery?

I've recently did a factory recovery for someone's ACER laptop and it's still running a little slow.

Can I partition the 449GB hard drive to separate the docs, music. photos (has 71GB of photos and music) from the operating system to see if it will speed up the laptop without losing the factory recovery option. Anyone?

Thanks,

John

A:Can Acer Aspire V5-531 be partitioned without losing recovery option?

Acronis Disk Director 11 or 12, or something as powerful and thorough, can probably do it.  However, it will very likely take a long long long time to move data folders/files into its assigned partition, leaving alone the factory restore partition [!do not assign it a drive-letter! or "over-run its territory], and after all of that -- you making sure the OS partition is primary and active.  !!Make sure you have restorable backups before attempting this!!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/591510/can-acer-aspire-v5-531-be-partitioned-without-losing-recovery-option/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi there its been a long whiel since of been on these forums happy to all Its funny as last time i asked for help on a stop code x on my dads pc and its stopcode, for console no option Solved: recovery 0x24 done the same thing today and i cannot remember how i fixed it it wont read the hard drive and i cant bootup using safe mode or last good config as i still get the stop code i use his winxp home disc and it wont let me use the recovery console as it says it cant find a hard disk it wont let me do the isntall and then press r for repair option due to it saying no hard drive so im not sure what to do shall i Solved: 0x24 stopcode, no option for recovery console grab a bootcd disk ubcd maybe and try that see if it will let me get into anything eitehr that or i spose ill have to slave it to mine and run a check onit if i can luckily its a maxtor drive and im sure they have disk diagnostics but naywya any guidance always appreciated guys and gals thanks ashley nbsp

Relevancy 47.73%

So I just finished building my brand new rig on and of course days later managed to mess things up somehow I have a drive setup C A Samsung SSD with Option System Missing can't I access is Recovery and BOOTMGR my Windows bit Pro operating system This was my boot drive F A TB Seagate that I was using for all my storage needs Now BOOTMGR is Missing and I can't access System Recovery Option I haven t used Windows in a while so I consider myself a newbie Just yesterday I wiped my Seagate in an attempt to extend my C BOOTMGR is Missing and I can't access System Recovery Option drive into it Only to stupidly realize as soon as I had done it that you can t extend one physical drive into a BOOTMGR is Missing and I can't access System Recovery Option separate physical drive I believe this is the source of whatever problems I m facing now Maybe I set my boot drive to dynamic at some point Or screwed up something on my C drive within Disk Management I used my computer after all this I restarted it last night and it was fine Then I left it on for the night to download something and went to bed Came back in the morning used it for a little while then I had to restart it for a installation A trusted program I know this program has nothing to do with the problem So i restart it and suddenly rather than seeing my boot screen I see BOOTMGR is Missing Press CTRL ALT DELETE To Restart Now I can t start my computer I go into BIOS and see my SSD and HDD I have tried using System Recovery from the windows disk and got the following message quot System Recovery Option is not compatible with the version of windows you are trying to repair I m using the exact same disk I used to install Windows in the first place just days ago Why is this happening I updated Windows at some point maybe I ve unplugged and replugged my SSD and HDD Even gave them time to sit before reattaching I m at a loss I don t really know what to do Any help would be a appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 47.73%

I have owned from new my HP 250 G4  3 weeks now and rather happy with it however I enterd the Recovery Manager to make a set of recovery media  and when I go through the proceedure of calculating the disc space that wouldl be required it only gives me the option to insert a USB drive with a capacity of at least 16 GB then click the next button. Their is no option for DVD recovery dISC. The mannual I read says I can make 1 set of recovery media only and it can be either USB drive or DVD. Could somene clearify if it should be possible to make a recovery DVD with  the 250 G4 model, also confirm if it should be possible to make 1 set  of recovery DVD and 1 USB drive  recovery, or only 1 choosing between USB or DVD . Thank you for any help given

A:Recovery manager media creation usb drive option only

Hi, You can only make one USB or DVD's set but not both. There are many laptops now do not have optical drive (CD/DVD drive), HP may drop this option. Sorry I can't aswer this but that would be the way to go. Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Recovery-manager-media-creation-usb-drive-option-only/td-p/5645163
Relevancy 47.73%

Scenario:

A user has two 500GB hard drives, one installing in their computer, one is a USB hard drive.

If they cloned their currently installed hard drive onto the empty USB one, could they then do absolutely anything software based to their system (even as far as formatting the hard drive and installing another operating system) without fear of complications due to being able to reload the old image again later and get back to the very same state as the computer was when it copied?

A:Are cloned hard drives the ultimate recovery option?

Yes, as long as the user knows that the image will not reflect the current state of the hard drive. ie any thing added software / data after the cloning.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/are-cloned-hard-drives-the-ultimate-recovery-option-667033.html
Relevancy 47.73%

First question My Vista cannot be recovered using System Recovery Startup Repair comes back with quot Windows cannot repair this computer automatically quot I cannot do a Complete PC Restore and there are no restore points See So why can I not run an Recovery reinstall option... only System the fail. Full update install System Recovery fail. Full reinstall the only option... The installer says quot must be run from windows quot But I cannot get in to windows Surely there's a way of running an update install media is full OEM version HISTORY long boring I have a raid dual boot of XP and Vista XP looks like it has knocked out the restore points known issue dual boot has been fine for months takes a couple of goes to boot some times didn't use machine for weeks couldn't boot at all lots of randome boot problems looks like one problem was MB battery was dead ASUS P NE-SLI since new battery boot to XP is reliable but Vista is broken surprised I cannot do an upgrade install from OEM Vista media option is greyed out and says it can only be run from Windows The actual error I get with Vista is - Windows failed to start Status xC An unexpected error has occured TIA

A:System Recovery fail. Full reinstall the only option...

No restore points, Try putting your boot disk into your computer, then go into boot menu and make your computer boot from the startup disk. Next run Check disk, but I forget what the command for that is, just check the forums.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/142822-system-recovery-fail-full-reinstall-only-option.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi Everyone,

I was trying to get any feedback from Dell Support website but so far no answer.
I got stuck with the recovery of my laptop Dell XPS. It supposed to be super easy since I DO HAVE RECOVERY PARTITION, which i have never changed, including FACTORY.wim. When i run F8 and repair my computer there is no Option to go back to Factory stage. When I try to chose - "recover from early saved image" it does not see the factory.wim on my drive..
Is there sth that might cause a problem.. went tru lots of forum can't find solution.
please help.

cheers
Zakk

I am happy to provide all the necessary information.
i do have dvd from dell but its not "Recovery disk" only windows installed on my computer...

A:Recovery Partition exist but no DATASAFE option possible_DELL XPS

Did you ever change the Operating System on the PC? If it was changed from the original, the Dell PC Restore (recovery partition) is no longer valid and the ONLY way to restore is to do a clean install from a disc.

Did you post on the Dell Community Forums? or some other Dell support site. The Dell Community Forums are where the best help is. It is mostly knowledgeable users helping users. Laptop - Dell Community

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/318151-recovery-partition-exist-but-no-datasafe-option-possible_dell-xps.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I need help asap i tryed to restart my whole computer to erase all viruses and everything on it but when i did it took me to system recovery option and when i click on recovery manager the error is 0x400110020000 100c and icant and i try startup repair when its done i press finish and restart but its takes me to windows loading files and takes me back to the same blue page with the system recovery option i tried everything but it just sends me backPLEASE I NEED HELP IM SCARED i need the computer thanks

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/windows-loading-file-system-recovery-option/td-p/5689807
Relevancy 47.73%

Was organizing the SATA connectors version recovery compatible with option not of windows system in case disconnecting reconnecting a few HDDs one with the W bit OS H Then disconnected all HDDs leaving a new one and installed W bit on it H with only it connected Performed fine Disconnected it system recovery option not compatible with version of windows H and reconnected the first one H and W would not launch so inserted system recovery option not compatible with version of windows OS disc and it would repair something I have no idea what as it did not indicate I found that to be particular helpful by MS and then W would launch From there on any time I switched between the two drives each having the respective OS H or H the OS disc would need to be used to repair the unspecified problem and launch Win Did this a few times until the first OS H the disc no longer could 'repair' what ever needed to be fixed and the famous message follows quot This version of System Recovery Options is not compatible with the version of Windows you are trying to repair Try using a recovery disc that is compatible with this version of Windows quot The real dis interesting part to all of this is that yes important data is off on drives other than the OS drive though did have a few files with mostly shortcuts on the desktop In accessing the first OS H via the second H after fighting through the quot access is denied quot and quot ownership rights quot UAL BuSines only half of the files that were on the desktop are actually in the desktop folder directory Is it worth fixing the OS on H to get into Windows to see if these files magically reappear or is what I'm seeing directly in the folder all that remains What happened to files that were on the desktop and what is it with all of these fundamental OS HDD issues with W Wow - epic issues for MS Someone should launch a complaint -- Responses at hour with views responses Next at hours with x views x responses

A:system recovery option not compatible with version of windows

Quote: Originally Posted by UserHAL

What happened to files that were on the desktop and what is it with all of these fundamental OS/HDD issues with W7? Wow - epic issues for MS. //Someone should launch a complaint.//

--
Responses: at 1 hour with 171 views: 0 responses
Next: at 2 hours with x views: x responses

Using the Recovery Disk multiple times on different partitions did not help the situation. I would guess that your boot partition is messed up because of that. Post a screen shot of your expanded column Disk Management using your Snipping Tool and we will see what you have. Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/258993-system-recovery-option-not-compatible-version-windows.html
Relevancy 47.3%

On title, I have this issue quite awhile already and i decided to give it a try.
My computer is Asus manufactured.

Firstly, after reboot my laptop i press F8 to go into Advanced Boot Option, then press "repair your computer" in order to boot into System Recovery Option

But then everything start to getting strange as it boot into Asus Preload Wizard ( which is factory reset ) instead go into System Recovery Option. Below are the photo of Asus Preload Wizard

I had tried create system repair disc but still can't boot into System Recovery Option, and its show a message "Non-system disk or disk error"
I also tried disable/enable UEFI in BIOS but still the same...

Thanks and i appreciate anyone for your help

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/380613-booted-into-asus-preload-wizard-instead-system-recovery-option.html
Relevancy 47.3%

On title, I have this issue quite awhile already and i decided to give it a try. :)
My computer is Asus manufactured.

Firstly, after reboot my laptop i press F8 to go into Advanced Boot Option, then press "repair your computer" in order to boot into System Recovery Option

But then everything start to getting strange as it boot into Asus Preload Wizard ( which is factory reset ) instead go into System Recovery Option. :( Below are the photo of Asus Preload Wizard

I had tried create system repair disc but still can't boot into System Recovery Option, and its show a message "Non-system disk or disk error"
I also tried disable/enable UEFI in BIOS but still the same... :(

Thanks and i appreciate anyone for your help

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/booted-into-asus-preload-wizard-instead-system-recovery-option-1041313.html
Relevancy 47.3%

On title, I have this issue quite awhile already and i decided to give it a try.  
My computer is Asus manufactured.

Firstly, after reboot my laptop i press F8 to go into Advanced Boot Option, then press "repair your computer" in order to boot into System Recovery Option

But then everything start to getting strange as it boot into Asus Preload Wizard ( which is factory reset ) instead go into System Recovery Option.   Below are the photo of Asus Preload Wizard

I also tried disable/enable UEFI in BIOS but still the same... 

Thanks and i appreciate anyone for your help 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/589358/booted-into-asus-preload-wizard-instead-system-recovery-option/
Relevancy 47.3%

Laptop is 2 months old running Windows 7, rarely used and has no extra hardware etc installed. Windows was pre installed with no discs in box

Today upon opening it has a black screen with press  F11 for recovery. Recovery runs using Cyberlink power recover but on completion it goes back to the black screen with  pressF11

I got into safe mode and advanced boot options but there was no option to system restore

Could anyone help with how to resolve this

Thanks very much

A:Black Screen- Press F11 for Recovery, no system restore option

Hi,
There will be no system restore points after running Cyberlink power recover as that wipes the old windows and puts a new copy on the drive as I understand it.

At this point in time I would get a hold of the manufacturer for support and warranty since it is only two months old. Just curious, HP?

If it is an HP, What happens when you run the built-in hardware diagnostics. They should be available on the same screen as the Press F11 message.

Good Luck
Roger

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/486674/black-screen-press-f11-for-recovery-no-system-restore-option/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi,

I have a Dell Inspiron 15R 5520.

Previously when booting windows and rapidly pressing F8 and then choosing repair computer there was an option to restore the factory image on the repair menu.

I then installed a clean windows retail disk and now when I press F8 and choose repair the Dell Datasafe restore option is gone. The recovery partition is intact and still contains the Factory.wim image.

Is there anyway I can get this menu back or restore the factory.wim without it?

Thank you!

A:Lost restore from backup (Dell Datasafe) option in recovery menu (F8)

Hi,

You have done clean windows installation with the help of retail disk. The Boot manager, which has the feature to boot the system, has changed due to which you are not able to get the, “Repair My Computer Option”.

Dell Data Safe Local provides you with the capability to create a set of Recovery Discs that contain a complete copy of all software installed on your Dell computer. By creating these Recovery Discs, you are making a backup of all the software that was installed on your computer at the factory, which allows you to reinstall all applications, drivers and the Windows operating system shipped with your computer. While there is a similar copy of the software in the recovery partition, creating recovery discs provides additional protection for the factory installed software.
Hope this helps

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/253784-lost-restore-backup-dell-datasafe-option-recovery-menu-f8.html
Relevancy 46.87%

HiI just found something strange (?) - if I right click IE8 shortcut and select "Run As...", leave option Protect my computer and data from unauthorized program activity checked and click OK IE8 won't start... there is no error (not even in the event viewer), it just doesn't work. I checked it on 2 different computers, one recently formatted. Is that normal? If yes, how can I browse the web securely from the administrator account? Thx

A:IE8 doesn't work with "Protect my computer and data from unauthorized program activity" option selected (from Run a...

That does seem to be Microsoft's idea of maximum protection. It isn't necessary to access the net as an administrator. It is safer to have a separate user account as it limits the damage caused by malware. Using the smart screen filter and in private browsing helps. Firefox with NoScript and the HTTPS Everywhere add-on is safer than Internet Explorer. There is no guaranteed security.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/326959/ie8-doesnt-work-with-protect-my-computer-and-data-from-unauthorized-program-activity-option-selected-from-run-as/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi,
I?m looking for a Data Recovery company [not a Data Software company] to recover data on my drive that will not spin. Want to spend less than $1000. Please advise.

Thanks,
Joe

A:Recommend Data Recovery Company not Data Software Company

Best Data Recovery Company

I have visited many data recovery websites and evaluated their product.

But my experience with one data recovery is almost excellent.

Nucleus Data Recovery, the leading data recovery company having biggest range of professional data recovery software.

Their support is also excellent you drop a email for any help they will respond within 5 minutes.

To recover your data try Kernel Recovery for FAT+NTFS.

The DEMO allows you to preview the recoverable contents and you can check whether the file is recovered correctly or not by double clicking on it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/recommend-data-recovery-company-not-data-software-company.28462/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hello I have a problem with my Precision When I try to restore the Windows to recovery option start. doesn't Settings 5510 boot precision Factory Dell to Factory Settings through the Windows Recovery Environment F command and Dell precision 5510 boot option to recovery Factory Settings doesn't start. I select Repair Your Computer but Windows normally starts without giving me any choice for recovery I have checked the partition set to recover it is present and hasn t been deleted I have also checked the folder through path nbsp C Windows system systempropertiesadvanced exe and I can see that the System Recovery and Backup is in but if I find the System Recovery and Backup in All Programs through Start there isn t I tried to reinstall the software System Restore and Backup by downloading it through the Dell support but it doesn t work telling me the Windows Environment is missing How can I fix this problem Is it possible that this error has been caused by the replacement of the motherboard Or do I have to reinstall the OS from external media Thank you for your help

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19977970
Relevancy 45.58%

Hello I have a problem with my Precision When I try to restore the Windows to Factory Settings through the Windows Recovery Environment F command and I select Repair Your Computer but Windows normally Settings option Dell start. doesn't Factory boot precision to recovery 5510 starts without giving me any choice for recovery Dell precision 5510 boot option to recovery Factory Settings doesn't start. I have checked the partition set to recover it is present and hasn t been deleted I have also checked the folder through path nbsp C Windows system systempropertiesadvanced exe and I can see that the System Recovery and Backup is in but if I find the System Recovery and Backup in All Programs through Start there isn t I tried to reinstall the software System Restore and Backup by downloading it through the Dell support but it doesn t work telling me the Windows Environment is missing How can I fix this problem Is it possible that this error has been caused by the replacement of the motherboard Or do I have to reinstall the OS from external media Thank you for your help

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/3524/t/19978962
Relevancy 45.58%

On Window NT, I'm running a RAID with multiple hard drives, I believe one drive is failing soon because it is beeping constantly. How can I stop the drive from beeping? Is there any other way besides opening the computer case and pull the power cord.

Thanks in advance.
Charlton

A:Hard drive keeps beeping and beeping......

How do you know it is the HD tht is beeping?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hard-drive-keeps-beeping-and-beeping.485827/
Relevancy 44.72%

I have been backing up my data onto mostly DVD-Rs for storage and reuse, but with some things that need updating, I have been using either CD-RWs or DVD-RWs. My hard drive actually died on me, and I had to do a reformat, and now, of course, all of the RWs aren't readable.

Are there any ways of possibly recovering that stored data from the disc onto the hard drive?

Running XP Pro SP 2, with 1GB Ram and 1.6 GHz AMD, and a TSSTCorp CDDVDW

Relevancy 44.72%

i have accidentlly deleted a mpg file.is there any software i can download to recover this file?

A:data recovery

An extremely great program to recover files that were deleted. The program is so small you can run it from a floppy disk. You could take it anywhere and access the program on any machine????????????? The program is free and it works like a dream. It is called Restoration 2.5.14. Thanks to Brian Kato for his great work. The website is located at http://hccweb1.bai.ne.jp/~hcj58401/

Good Luck!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/data-recovery.166720/