Windows Support Forum

Local Printers won't print after installing Windows Updates

Q: Local Printers won't print after installing Windows Updates

I've had this happen on a couple machines and a couple printers. A local printer is installed and working correctly. After installing some windows updates, all of a sudden the local printer won't print.

On one computer, the print queue shows the print job in the queue, spools and then prints successfully, but never actually physically prints.

On another computer, the print jobs that originally sent to the local printer, get re-directed to some other network printer.

I've already uninstalled and re-installed the printer with the latest drivers.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Local Printers won't print after installing Windows Updates

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 67.08%

Folks - At my new job we are running about 16 PC's on a network and app.'s like outlook and some specific chapter 13 software..My question is.......if I sit down to a PC login as admin and start MS updates, then cannot make it make to the PC to complete them, can the user of that PC just login as them with their password and continue working normally, or can't they just cold reboot the PC then login and every thing's fine??? It is my understanding that if they return to their PC and see that an admin was logged in, they just needed to change it to their user name and password and everything's fine...?? YES or NO ???

Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/admin-rights-on-local-machine-while-installing-ms-updates.711030/
Relevancy 65.36%

I have a Samsung CLP310 printer attached to my wife's computer (USB) and a samsung ML2010 printer attached to my computer (USB).
She can print to her printer, and I can print to mine. Both printers are set to "share". I can add her printer to my list of printers, and she can add mine to her list. BUT...I can't print to hers and she can't print to mine.
She's on Ultimate 7, and I'm on Premium 7. We can share documents so I know that the network is working. I can see her printer and check its properties etc, but I can't print to it. I get an error message ("your file could not be printed due to an error on \\blackmatt\samsung clp-310 series on e03") and an offer to troubleshoot, but nothing helps.
I've tried deleting and adding the printers back on, and also tried re-installing the drivers.
Any ideas?
Thanks Steve

A:Can't print to shared printers between 2 Windows 7 computers

Are you using a workgroup or homegroup?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/187752-cant-print-shared-printers-between-2-windows-7-computers.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Just migrated our office to a new Server R Print server about a dozen printers installed via GPO to Windows workstations Mostly HP's running Universal PS driver plus the odd Kip plotter and Xerox Copier nbsp nbsp nbsp For maybe users out of nbsp some there is a printing problem nbsp When a print job is sent it appears in the queue and then is immediately deleted nbsp No other indication that anything is amiss No events fire no dimming nbsp of the icons or exclamation points nbsp no error messages nbsp That's the consistent part There is also job GPO queue. won't from deleted Newly users. a printers deployed for immed. Print few print some inconsistent but still bad behavior I'm finding on the different PCs For some deleting and re-running gpupdate will nbsp bring the printers back and printing properly but only for a short time Sometimes only one or two printers will nbsp print sometimes not Sometimes logging Newly deployed GPO printers won't print for a few users. Print job immed. deleted from queue. in as a different user will install the printers sometimes no nbsp I've been fiddling with this over Newly deployed GPO printers won't print for a few users. Print job immed. deleted from queue. the past few days and gotten absolutely no where nbsp Now I don't know what to look at next Any idea would be appreciated nbsp James A Helfer COMPUTER SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR WTW ARCHITECTS PITTSBURGH PA

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/507d93ed-34bf-4024-ba86-db3414427b44/newly-deployed-gpo-printers-wont-print-for-a-few-users-print-job-immed-deleted-from-queue?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 64.93%

I m not sure if I m posting in the right forum so my apologies in advance if it s in the wrong place I have printers connected a win Dell PC and have XP Dell laptops that use the printers I have had an HP laserjet MP and an HP color inkjet connected to it The spool time to the MP has been normal When I connected the HP a year ago the spool time was very slow and it took a long time to get the print dialogue box to open but I ignorantly assumed it was the printer and since I don t use it often just didn t deal with it I just replaced the MP with a HP laserjet with to PC Slow on print spooling sharing print printers connected win98 and it is slow slow slow to spool to open a print menu to open print properties etc When I turn print sharing off it both printers print fine I m wondering if Slow print spooling with print sharing on printers connected to win98 PC the win machine just doesn t have the processing speed necessary but before I buy a print server or get an Slow print spooling with print sharing on printers connected to win98 PC XP desktop to connect the printers to thought I d try to get some insight into the problem Thanks for any help nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/slow-print-spooling-with-print-sharing-on-printers-connected-to-win98-pc.18330/
Relevancy 64.93%

We connect to the server remotely with XP Remote Desktop... previously we had 2003 version and had no problem...the "local resources are all checked off, but I am not sure if the person who is maintaining the server has not provided the proper permissions? Is there a setting that would let you connect but then not access your local drives?

* I can see tsclient but for example previously \\tsclient\c would get me to the C drive, now I get an error

A:Windows Server 2008 can't see Local drives/Printers with Remote desktop

anyone have an idea? I am totally lost, I even logged on as Admin it still said I had no permissions to add a printer and still could not see the Drives on my LOCAL PC ( that is remotely connecting)!!??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-server-2008-cant-see-local-drives-printers-with-remote-desktop.771732/
Relevancy 60.63%

I would like to restrict anyone except Administrators from installing Windows Updates on my Windows 8.1 Pro x64 ENG machine.

In Windows 7 it's easy:
Control Panel / Settings / Windows Updates / change settings:
"Allow all users to install Windows Updates" -- uncheck to disable.

Is there a similar setting in Windows 8.1 via Control Panel GUI, secpol.mmc or regedit? I can't find it.

Thanks, all!

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/60867-restrict-local-users-group-installing-updates.html
Relevancy 59.77%

I am trying to add a network printer for my Dell M laptop which is running Windows Pro Bit When I select quot Add A Not Print Windows 7 Bit: Is Running Spooler Local 32 Service Printer quot I get a message stating Quote The Network Printer Installation wizard cannot Windows 7 32 Bit: Local Print Spooler Service Is Not Running be launched The local print spooler service is not running Please restart the spooler or restart the machine So I opened my services msc window and restarted the print spooler and verified that it is set to start automatically After this I tried adding a printer but I received the same error message again I've tried this several times and I've read many Microsoft tech support articles relating to this issue but none of the fixes have worked Oddly I have received another error message this morning when trying to add a printer Here is the message Quote ERROR INCOMPATIBLE SERVICE PRIVILEGE x A privilege that the service requires to function properly does not exist in the service account configuration You may use the Services Microsoft Management Console MMC snap-in services msc and the Local Security Settings MMC snap-in secpol msc to view the service configuration and the account configuration Does anyone know how to resolve this Thanks

A:Windows 7 32 Bit: Local Print Spooler Service Is Not Running

I captured this image showing that the print spooler is running yet I still can't add a printer:

Printer Error2 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-32-bit-local-print-spooler-service-is-not-running-576104.html
Relevancy 59.34%

I am testing some Windows Professional clients on my SBS Svc PK domain and I am having a and sends Local a Print will Windows Downlevel 7 NOT Document Printing confusing printing problem nbsp Each day my Win users turn on their machines and it seems like the first prints of the day ALWAYS fail nbsp When they print it actually sends two items to the print que nbsp One item is the appropriate print page even a simple test page has the same result nbsp But the other item is simply listed as nbsp Local Downlevel Document nbsp This is the problem item nbsp it will NOT print nbsp I have to stop and restart the print spooler while trying to delete this item from the que Windows 7 Printing sends a Local Downlevel Document and will NOT Print nbsp Sometimes it takes many many tries before it disappears nbsp Once Windows 7 Printing sends a Local Downlevel Document and will NOT Print it does I can stop and Windows 7 Printing sends a Local Downlevel Document and will NOT Print restart the print spooler one more time yes this extra start and stop seems to help and now my prints will be sent to the que properly and the prints will come out without a problem nbsp Until tomorrow when the process seems to start again Are there any suggestions I can try nbsp nbsp I have updated the printer drivers to the latest I can find on the internet nbsp I have rebuilt my printing ques but always have the same results nbsp Any suggestions at all Thanks for any helpRich

A:Windows 7 Printing sends a Local Downlevel Document and will NOT Print

That is because the printer driver installation does not start because of the error. By default high privilege will be needed when you install driver. The clients may need to install the Windows 7 compatible driver on their client computers. Printer driver installation program will prompt that if you would like to install a local printer or a network shard printer. Then select the correct option and finish the installation.
If the driver installation program does not help in this, follow the steps below to add a shard printer.
1. Click Start, click Control Panel and double click Devices and Printers.2. Click Add a Printer. 3. Select "Add a local printer". 4. Select "Create a new port". Choose "Local Port" as the type of the port.5. In the box "Enter a port name", type the address as the following format.
\\[IP address of the host computer]\[The Share Name of the printer]
Then click Next.
6. Follow the instruction to finish the installation. During installing, choose the correct driver in the driver list.
Also you can try to add the Windows 7 compatible printer driver to the printer server. You need to install the Windows 7 compatible driver in one of the Windows 7 client, then follow the steps below.
1. Install the driver on one of the Windows 7 clients.2. Launch mmc from Start Search box.3. Click File->Add/Remove Snap-in.4. Add "Print Management". Point to the server in "Specify the printer server". 5. Expand "Printer Management"->"Printer Servers"->"Drivers". 6. Right-click, then click "Add a driver".7. follow the instructions to add the Windows 7 printer driver.
After doing so the driver should be added into the server.
If the driver is packed, you can directly extract the driver pack and add the driver from Printer Management in the printer server.
If the printer driver is not found, the driver should be not designed for enterprise environment. In this case you may need to add the printer from the client side manually.
 Arthur Xie - MSFT

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/388395df-737b-4bfa-abbb-33643e7f6f58/windows-7-printing-sends-a-local-downlevel-document-and-will-not-print?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 58.91%

This has to be an easy question for the Win 7 gurus out there. I have Windows 7 on a machine and its nice where Windows 7 will automatically install a printer by itself. The only problem I have with this is that it installs itself and makes it the default printer. Is there anyway to stop this, to clarify make it where Windows 7 will NOT automatically install a printer itself like in XP?
Thanks guys/gals

Terry

A:[SOLVED] Easy Solve: How to make Windows 7 from automatically installing printers

Bump...

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-easy-solve-how-to-make-windows-7-from-automatically-installing-printers-481734.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Hello,

Can anyone help? I am running out of solutions.
All of a sudden Devices and Printers (D+P) won't open in win 7. In safe mode D+P opens but all printers have yellow triangle next to them.
Can't print from any program.
I am logged onto the network. No other network PCs have this problem.
I have searched forums for other solutions and tried them all including System Restore but even this didn't work. Got error saying run chkdsk for C: drive. Did this but no problems found.
Is there anything else I can try??

Thanks in advance,
Helen

A:Win 7 Printers local/network not loading

In these cases System Restore won't work as it is not what it does, and in Safe Mode, no device drivers are loaded so you will see the yellow triangles. Just so we don't waste any time, please list all the solutions you have already tried.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win-7-printers-local-network-not-loading.1154121/
Relevancy 58.05%

I need to remove many printers that were installed by direct IP.  Some of the printers were installed with the user account, and some printers were installed with the administrator account.  I want to remove all those printers to make way for the
same printers being installed via a print server.
The following script works fine for users that are local administrators; however, most users are not local admins.  Running the script at logon does not delete the printers installed via administrator.

Get-WmiObject -ComputerName localhost -Class Win32_printer | 

where { $_.portname -like 'xxx.xx.xxx.**' -or $_.portname -like 'xxx.xx.xxx.***' -and $_.local -eq 'TRUE'} | 

Select -ExpandProperty Name | 

ForEach-Object { rundll32 printui.dll,PrintUIEntry /dl /n "$_" } 

Please help me write a script I can use in Group Policy that can remove local IP printers that were installed by the user and by administrator.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/25870c0f-e9cd-4b4c-9f47-e189ac4a3a63/remove-local-ip-printers-on-logon?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 58.05%

Can anyone tell me how i can allow my Win2K domain users to add local printers to their XP Pro workstations? I've tried eveything I know in local machine accounts and domain GPO security and nothing works. I cant believe that there's not a way to do it, but Im about ready to give up. If the local users can add network printers, why should it be so difficult to add local printers?

thanks for any suggestions...

A:allow domain users to add local printers

I think giving your domain user administrative right will solve the problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/allow-domain-users-to-add-local-printers.359761/
Relevancy 58.05%

Wiendows 2003 \ Citrix 4.0

I have a couple profiles having printer replication problems. I login with problem profile and check for the printers - nothing appear, except for virtual printers.

I login with other profiles on the same machine, printer appear.

So I deleted the profile and recreated it - still the same problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/citrix-4-0-local-printers-not-showing-up.697014/
Relevancy 58.05%

Attempting to share a locally attached LJ 6P. W2K reports error message "Cannot modify printer properties" and returns to "unshared". I've tried being logged on as both local and domain admin (PDC is NT4 server, no other PCs on network). Have tried with printer attached and not attached, also with other printer drivers, same error every time.

The W2K PC is new but had to get to W2K using upgrade via W98 due to client changing their mind at the last minute.

PC has scanning software for HP 4300 installed - could this be the culprit ?

A:W2000 Pro - Can't share local printers

I think I found the answer on another forum...I added Everyone to both the temp and the spool directories and it seems to work.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/w2000-pro-cant-share-local-printers.41800/
Relevancy 58.05%

How do I installing something during the Windows Setup Menu's Installing features and Installing updates? John

A:Installing Updates and Installing features part of windows setup menu

Please correct your sentence. It is not readable.

How do you do what during that phase of install? You don't need to do anything except wait.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/108981-installing-updates-installing-features-part-windows-setup-menu.html
Relevancy 57.62%

I bought a new PC and a new printer. I had an older PC connected to a printer. I want the capability to print to both printers from both PCs. Can you help?

Thanks,
Pugdoll

A:I want to print to both of my printers from 2 pcs.

The following will help depending on the OSes on "new PC" and "older PC" and depending on whether "a printer" and "new printer" are shareable.

The following will set up a Microsoft Workgroup for File and Printer Sharing assuming the PCs are already networked via router, ad-hoc wireless or Ethernet (directly or using switch or hub).

In Network and Dial-up Connections (Win 2k Pro) or Network Connections (XP) right click on your connection and select ‘Properties.’ If not already there, install or add a check mark for “Client for Microsoft Networks, “File and Printer sharing …” and “Internet Protocol (TCP/IP).”

Right click on My Computer and on the Computer Name tab make sure you have a unique computer name and the workgroup name that you want to use for all computers. Change if necessary.

Restart the PC.

You must uninstall or properly configure any 3rd party firewalls on each machine.

If using the XP SP2 firewall: Control Panel – Windows Firewall – on the General tab it should be “On” and on the Exceptions tab “File and Printer Sharing” should be selected.

The Shared Documents folder is automatically shared. Any other folders or printers you want to share, just right click on them and sharing ... . When sharing a printer, accept the offer to load other drivers if your other PCs have different Operating System(s).

When you first go into My Network Places there will be nothing there. The first time you click on 'View Workgroup computers' will probably result in great disappointment. It takes awhile (20 minutes or so) before all the computers in the workgroup get up-to-date and accurate lists of the other computers. Often you can speed up this process via Search for other computers.

When computers show up in My Network Places, double click on one to see its shares. If that includes a printer, you can right click on the printer to connect to it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-want-to-print-to-both-of-my-printers-from-2-pcs.558540/
Relevancy 57.62%

recently built pc w amd processor meg ram operating win se gig hd tried to install three different printers most recent HP c pther hp c and lexmark which I borrowed installation shows as ok on lpt under printers in control panel Systems control panel shows LPT configured OK under device mgr with no conflicts in resources but no printer shown performed self printer Print Will Not Printers All test All Printers Will Not Print holding down on button and test page ok used hp toolkit test page nothing used debug to verify lpt ok and and are in the first line as tip page says in Device Mgr installed drivers on lpt are lpt vxd amp vmm vxd no conflicts reported there verified that printer cable is correct and ok and compatabile type wil not print from DOS prompt or any txt file dir gt lpt can t think or find anything else on the web to do hope i can get some help changed print format to raw nothing can see print being dumped into print queue but it disappears from there will furnish any other info and reply to all post w results of help all All Printers Will Not Print above analysis done from web searches and instruction guides guides BIOS is phoenix-award v pc AM NOT A TECH GEEK ALL the above steps have been followed a a result of web searches Please help pc runs great just no All Printers Will Not Print print capability Jostonboe nbsp

A:All Printers Will Not Print

Are they all parallel printers as opposed to USB? Try moving one of them from LPT1 to a USBPrinter Port.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/all-printers-will-not-print.310132/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi To give you some back story I built my computer the Updates Installing) Not on Error (Sits Installing : Windows Unknown end of August Windows Updates Not Installing : Error Unknown (Sits on Installing) Ran Smoothly I decided to get a gig SSD to be the partition that stored Windows I didnt have much stored on the Main HD so I deleted my original TB HD and tried installing on the SSD found that the SSD was bad and sent it back Decided just to stick with the TB HD Had some issues installing windows back onto the HD as it would just hang up Finally managed to get windows installed had some quot Not genuine quot issues but that resolved after multiple restarts That brings me to where I am at today and I feel as though the system has been getting worse I would normally be fine with just a clean install but with all the issues I had with that initially I am very skeptical of trying it again I have important updates and optional updates all of which do not install The Installer just sits on Downloading updates and I have left it overnight with still no result I am not sure if this is even my main issue but I am beyond the point of figuring it out myself so any help would be appreciated I downloaded the System Readiness Tool and it Ran I tried running the sfc scannow in Admin cmd prompt mode and get a quot Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation quot I attached my CBS file Any help Windows Updates Not Installing : Error Unknown (Sits on Installing) you could give or guidance you can provide would be greatly appreciated

A:Windows Updates Not Installing : Error Unknown (Sits on Installing)

Hello and welcome Faticus just as matter of interest why did you give up on the SSD? was not it under warranty?

That is heck of a drive to be installing on mate just how did you prepare it for the install?

You can run a chkdsk in Windows too > My Computer > right click on the drive > Properties > Tools > Check now - then follow the points in my pic.
You then reboot and it will start a chkdsk (in DOS).

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/275545-windows-updates-not-installing-error-unknown-sits-installing.html
Relevancy 57.62%

I now local to point Any Windows way Updates to directory? a have W PCs and a few XPs I want to update and want a couple more but updating amp keeping them that way with my limited-bandwidth speed ISP is a real challenge I've tried to utilize the MS Update Catalog so that I only have to download individual updates Once and I recently found Brink's excellent tutorial on getting a download directly from the WU dialog but still this is such a chore I assume that professionals make updating easier by using MS Update Catalog and Windows Server Update Services WSUS but I don't run Windows Server and don't want to buy Server and build another computer Any way to point Windows Updates to a local directory? just for this task Can anyone suggest a method to update a PC from a local directory still using the WU dialog As it is I have to look at the updates WU is requesting then open my download directory of update files find or download afresh the right one s and then execute them one-by-one rebooting the PC sometimes blah blah it's painful as heck Checking all the updates you want and letting WU take-over is so much easier except that I can't afford either the time OR the bandwidth to do these downloads for each every computer I own Is there another way

A:Any way to point Windows Updates to a local directory?

Hello!

Unfortunately, this is much easier said than done. It is possible, and I have written a few program scraps to prove viability, and early results are good for this being possible (very simply, ask Windows Update to perform a search for updates, but download only (this is very easy to do), scrape the SoftwareDistribution folder, and implant onto another computer (and before you try, you CANNOT just drop in this folder - it requires using parts of the contents etc. etc.))

So it does appear to be possible for a program (but not a human unless you have a very good knowledge of the SoftwareDistribution folder)

However, demand for such a program is not great, and I have only a limited amount of time to program. I literally have 27 programs for Windows Update bits and bobs which I want to make. Sadly I do not have the time for all of these, or this one. (Currently I am making an automated fixing tool for the 0x800B0100 error code, and a tool to automate certain procedures in the registry which are too complicated (and dangerous) for an average poster to perform)

The only thing you can use to simplify downloading is WSUS Offline: WSUS Offline Update - Update Microsoft Windows and Office without an Internet connection

However, you will need to invest in all of the updates, so watch your downloading total.

I am really sorry that I could not be of more help, but unfortunately, this program is not going to be made

Richard

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/187750-any-way-point-windows-updates-local-directory.html
Relevancy 57.19%

I have a user is on his personal Win 7 home PC with his Canon printer plugged in via USB. From his home PC, he VPN's and RDP's into his Win 7 box here at the office. The question is that he would like to print files within the RDP session from his local printer connected to his local home PC. Is that even possible to do? And how?

A:How can you print to local printer in RDP from the local PC?

Hi,

Have you checked 'Local devices and resources' within the RDP setting?
Make sure 'Printers' is ticked

Does this help?

Regards,
Jamie

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/340452-how-can-you-print-local-printer-rdp-local-pc.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Windows updates keeps installing/reinstalling the same update over and over again. I looked in my update history and it shows that they are installed successfully every time. What should I do and is this using space on my laptop by re-installing over and over again?

A:Solved: Windows updates keeps installing/re-installing the same update over and over

It is not using any space. Right-click the ones you already have and hide them so they don't come back.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-updates-keeps-installing-re-installing-the-same-update-over-and-over.1022585/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi,

I was wondering if there was a way to have two different applications set to print to two different printers. For example, I want MS Word to print out to printer 1 while Adobe Acrobat prints out to printer 2. And I want these to be set as the default for their respective apps.

I know that a default printer is chosen in Start Settings printer and faxes, I just wanted to see if maybe there was a way to have the application choose instead.

Thanks!

JFresh

A:Having 2 different apps print to different printers

Hi JFresh,

I'm not aware you set a default printer for WORD, it always resets to the Windows Default printer each time you start a new WORD session.

No idea for Acrobat.

So, here's a possible solution for you; let's assume that Acrobat will use the Windows default printer , and WORD is to use something else.

Are you OK with creating a WORD Macro in Normal.dot that can be run from the Toolbar?

Assume that bit is OK. then the macro you need to change the printer is like this:

Dim CurrentPrinter as String
CurrentPrinter = Application.ActivePrinter
Application.ActivePrinter = "my other printer name"
ActiveDocument.Printout
Application.ActivePrinter = CurrentPrinter

When you run that macro from the toolbar it will:
Save the current application default printer name i.e the Windows default
Chage the printer that will be used to be your other one
Print the document
reset the printer back to the default.

Note: the change of printer name has to be in quotes as you are entering a character string i.e type the "'s.
This won't let you choose no of copies etc, but if you wanted that then the File \Print allows all the options and the printer select anyway.

lol
Hew

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/having-2-different-apps-print-to-different-printers.391099/
Relevancy 57.19%

I have long had a HP L printer attached to my system conneted toa parallell port LPT After print Printers -no Multple upgrading to Windows from Vista it showed the printer connected to LPT whatever that is Multple Printers -no print and when I tried to print the data gets to the spooler but will not print I tried to do an Add Printer to connect the printer to LPT but all it shows in Printer amp Devices is HP L copy I deleted the copy but each time I try to add the printer it creates an additional copy for LPT I physically removed the printer shut down the system restarted and get the same results Printer amp Devices shows only copy of the printer connected to LPT I connected the printer via a parrallell to USB adapter and when connected I get a message that the drivr was added and the device works However the device added is apparently NOT a printer If I run Belarc Advisor it shows three instances of HP L all connecting to LPT How can I delete all references to the printer and do a clean printer Add DeviceManager does not show any printers

A:Multple Printers -no print

You can try to uninstall from control panel. You can try search by start menu, type in the printer and delete all reference. When you installed Win was the printer connected, if so you can try a repair install and conncect only monitor, modem and keyboard.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/41049-multple-printers-no-print.html
Relevancy 57.19%

I came into work today and found that I can t print to three of my five network printers two Oki printers and one HP In fact I cannot even ping their IP addresses I get quot Request timed out quot or quot printers won't my print Some network of Destination host unreachable quot One of the printers that I can t ping is my main printer and I verified its IP address using the printer s built-in menu it prints out a page with the network status I re-installed that main printer s drivers using the manufacturer s CD The program says that the drivers installed correctly but I still cannot print This printer normally has a static IP address I used the printer s Some of my network printers won't print menu to obtain an automatic IP address and it came back with which I think means that the printer can t communicate with my router The HP printer is wireless The other four printers are plugged into a -port hub The two wired non-working Oki printers are showing green status light as well as amber light at the point where the ethernet cable is plugged in I m out of ideas so any assistance you could offer would be helpful Could this be a new year s bug nbsp

Relevancy 56.76%

I have an issue where i cannot access my own public folder through the network folder I have internet access on my desktop and have a direct wired connection to my router I also have a couple of laptops accessing the current network via wireless and they all have internet The problem is that those other computers dont always show up in the network folder on my desktop and they dont have access to the printer sometimes a friend has a laptop over and i can see that one I thought it was an issue with the laptops but my PC connected to the printer cant even see its own public folder so i am assuming that isn't right One other thing - folder public able or own to my Not local share printers access the laptops can all see my desktop with the printer on it but cannot Not able to access my own local public folder or share printers quot find quot the computer when i click on it network sharing is all turned on with no passwords and private style network Any ideas A few months ago i changed routers and since then have had an issue with printer access but no problems with internet access dont see anything in the router settings that is obviously wrong Thanks

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/242468-not-able-access-my-own-local-public-folder-share-printers.html
Relevancy 56.76%
Relevancy 56.33%

I was able to print to my network-attached Brother 2070N and 3045CN laser printers until recently. Driver have been loaded, printers are discovered and added to the client, but every time I try to print I receive the message "Printer not ready". All of the Windows 7 clients can print to these 2 printers, it's just my 64bit Win8.1 Enterprise computer that cannot. If I can't get this resolved soon, I'll have to go back to Win7.

Does anyone have a fix for the "Printer not ready" issue? Thanks in advance!

A:Cannot print to two different printers in Win8.1 Enterpris

I had to re-install both printers for my Win 8.1 PC to be able to print again. I deleted all printers in device manager, then re-installed "from scratch" and installed new drivers and the printers work again. I wish I knew what broke them in the 1st place...

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/40521-cannot-print-two-different-printers-win8-1-enterpris.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Since changing my internet supplier I ve had problems with printing code print Printers will source only anything out from the net Everything that prints out when printing directly from a web page prints out as source code and the page does Printers will only print source code not print However if I save the text to Word or the pictures to Paint I can print out OK This is driving me mad as I ve already spent hours of my time and money in speaking to the ISP people at Tiscali but nobody can help The following suggests that Windows XP home might be to blame I ve tried different computers different printers both inkjet and laser but all appear to do the same - EXCEPT - one old machine that runs Windows This printed the pages OK even though it was connected to a printer which had been printing out only code previously So I assume that it is something to do with my XP settings but I ve no idea which Help anyone nbsp

A:Printers will only print source code

Did you every find the cause? I have a computer that just started printing only the source code and I have yet to figure it out. -Joe.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/printers-will-only-print-source-code.591731/
Relevancy 56.33%

So, have a client who runs Windows 8
can't print to any of the printers in their office
they have shared / wireless and a couple of USB connected ones
each one installed /configured indivdually and the test print will queue up but nothing will happen
it just sits there and does nothing

the ONLY thing i could managed to get to print was through bullzip (pdf creator )

check printer spooler
checked permissions on spooler/printers folder
re-installed printers different ways
they all seem to install just fine, but won't print

I am severly stummped by this
computer has been rebooted several times to no avail
tried differnet drivers for each
nothing ........nada
zero
its the weirdest thing i have encountered as far as printing goes...........

anyone..... ??
this is regular workgroup/ not domain btw

A:Solved: can't print to any printers except virtual ones..

this is resolved

an orange clip on toner cartridge caused memory errors on printer ( on printer webpage configuration )
its working now

not sure why it would not print to other printers but after that was fixed, it cleared up problem altogether
very weird
( this was on an HP laserjet 1102w ) if it happens to anyone else

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cant-print-to-any-printers-except-virtual-ones.1131398/
Relevancy 56.33%

I have 2 LaserJet printers here hooked up to 2 different computers and networked so that all 4 computers could print to either of them. A few days ago, the first a Brother printer, just stopped printing. You can send a job to it and it will act like it wants to print, but never picks up the paper or prints. Now today the second printer, a HP LaserJet 1200 printer is doing the same thing. Any ideas what is happening and what I should do to correct it.

Should I reinstall the printers? Unshare them from the network?

Any help is appreciated.

Jason

A:LaserJet Printers not wanting to print

The first thing you should try to do is reinstall the printers. That may solve the problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laserjet-printers-not-wanting-to-print.503066/
Relevancy 56.33%

I have a user who is using a domain joined Windows Pro PC She has several printers mapped via a domain print server She uses a VPN to connect to another site with a different Windows domain She logs into the VPN with a user account setup for her on the other domain She then logs into a RDS server using those same credentials The problem is that she is unable to print to any of her local printers from the RD server The local printers show as being redirected on the RD server The redirected printers all look like they're online and Desktop to server while Local are printers offline Remote connected she receives no error when printing but nothing nbsp comes out of the printer However when you view the printers on her PC during an RDS session they are all Local printers are offline while connected to Remote Desktop server showing offline As soon as you disconnect from the RD server and the VPN the local printers come back online and anything she tried to print to a redirected local printer while on the server now prints out I've checked and the print spooler service on her PC never stops so that's not the cause I've checked with another user as user 's location who sits feet away from her and is mapped to Local printers are offline while connected to Remote Desktop server the same local printers She connects to the other domain via VPN using her own credentials on the other domain and logs into that same RDS server She then prints a document to the same redirected printer that user is trying to print to but in this person's case the document prints out and the local printers on her PC never show as being offline while connected to the VPN and RD server I've deleted the VPN connection from user 's PC and re-created it and compared it to user and there is no difference So I'm stumped as to why the locally mapped printers on this user's PC go offline as soon as she connects to the RD server Jonathan

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/1ec570ce-f339-42c4-a9a6-9903b21a0604/local-printers-are-offline-while-connected-to-remote-desktop-server?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi Our household has a Chromebook CB5-311 and a Chromebook 14" as well as a couple of Tesco Hudls as cheap tablets. I'm looking for a printer that has Cloud Print but wanted to check first which printers are supported to work on Chromebook as I don't want to buy it assuming that 'Cloud Ready' is necessarily all I need to think about so I wondered if there was a list somewhere of which printers currently out on the market are supported and will work through Cloud Print with these Chromebooks.  Thanks. 

A:Which printers work on Cloud Print with the Chrome...

It seemed that the answer is already in the question. Basic all Cloud Ready Printer will work with Chromebooks. Also basic Printer can actually work on Chromebook but she need to have connected and sync to a regular computer or laptop with windows.  Here is the lis the list of Cloud Ready Printer Provide by Google Support.http://www.google.com/cloudprint/learn/printers.html# If you like it remember to mark as Solution and Kudos to me.            

http://community.acer.com/t5/Chromebooks/Which-printers-work-on-Cloud-Print-with-the-Chromebook-CB5-311/td-p/402017/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 55.9%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version print from Solved: to data computer No printers Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Celeron R CPU GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R G GL GE PE GV Graphics Controller Solved: No print data from computer to printers Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO LTD MS- Antivirus Microsoft Security Essentials Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled I not sure where to post this so I m going with XP to begin If you know where it should go please advise I have the system you see above and also two HP Printers a Laserjet P and a Officejet J four in one My computer has stopped sending data to both printers After I send a print job I check Printers and Faxes in the Control Panel and both printers will show quot quot jobs waiting to print I also have a Logitech wireless mouses and keyboard with the tiny USB memory sticks I tried all four of my USB outlets on the back of my computer and got no printing The keyboard and mouse will work in any of the four ports I put them in but the printers won t I also tried switching cables on the computers tried other spare cables but still got no printing So the cables are good I had this problem about a month ago took my computer and the P to a shop they got it printing but now the problem has resurfaced I m not sure what they did but my receipt says quot Removed all printers then reinstalled the two important ones quot I m not sure what that means but I think they re-installed the drivers from the HP site since I didn t give them my printer CDs Since first posting this problem I tried printing with my laptop No problem with either printer so the problem has to originate in my HP tower computer My thanks in advance for any suggestions nbsp

A:Solved: No print data from computer to printers

Try repeating what the guys in the shop did:
Uninstall both HP printers.
Try re-installing the drivers for the two HP printers. You can download the drivers from HP Support:
http://www8.hp.com/uk/en/support-drivers.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-no-print-data-from-computer-to-printers.1041850/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi Our household has a Chromebook CB5-311 and a Chromebook 14" as well as a couple of Tesco Hudls as cheap tablets. I'm looking for a printer that has Cloud Print but wanted to check first which printers are supported to work on Chromebook as I don't want to buy it assuming that 'Cloud Ready' is necessarily all I need to think about so I wondered if there was a list somewhere of which printers currently out on the market are supported and will work through Cloud Print with these Chromebooks.  Thanks. 

A:Which printers work on Cloud Print with the Chrome...

It seemed that the answer is already in the question. Basic all Cloud Ready Printer will work with Chromebooks. Also basic Printer can actually work on Chromebook but she need to have connected and sync to a regular computer or laptop with windows.  Here is the lis the list of Cloud Ready Printer Provide by Google Support.http://www.google.com/cloudprint/learn/printers.html# If you like it remember to mark as Solution and Kudos to me.            

http://community.acer.com/t5/Chromebooks/Which-printers-work-on-Cloud-Print-with-the-Chromebook-CB5-311/td-p/402017
Relevancy 55.9%

When using Windows Vista Businnes niether of my HP printers (HP 2800 Inkjet and HP 3015 Lazerjet) will only print one page even when the request is for multiple copies. So it you want to print 50 copies of a one page document you need to select print 50 times. I did not have this proiblem with Windows XP with these two printers. Dies any one have a suggestion on a fix for this?

A:Using Window Vista HP printers will only print one page

Have you gone out to HPs site and downloaded the drivers for Vista (if they are offered). I'm pretty sure both printers are supported by Vista using a driver supplied by Vista. Did you try deleting the printers drivers/software, rebooting and letting Vista find them one at a time? Now you might have to go out to HPs site to download features not supplied by a Vista driver but they should be easy enough to find on the HP site.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/using-window-vista-hp-printers-will-only-print-one-page.723355/
Relevancy 55.9%

This is related to a now expired thread I started earlier this year http forums techguy org networking -ethernet-printer-usb-computer html We have an embedded server embedded in the sense that it s print jobs printers network USB Sending to running a propriety OS shell which we cannot add to or modify for our POS system When we print reports from it they go to an attached local printer via USB The printer is a basic workgroup-class LaserJet with both ethernet and USB interfaces Actually the printer doesn t have built-in USB we re using a USB-to-Parallel adapter to the printer s parallel port The server does not require bidirectional communication with the printer On the frequent occasions when we are operating the server remotely from the offices on another floor it would be very handy if we could redirect print jobs to a networked LaserJet in those offices rather than having to run up and down the stairs to retrieve the printouts from the server room What I would like to do is attach a device to the server s USB Sending USB print jobs to network printers port that could intercept those USB print jobs and route them over the LAN to the desired network printer either to the one by the server or to a printer in the offices Ideally the device would have an Embedded Web Server to allow one to change the destination printer selection with a Web browser Preferably the selection would also automatically change back to the server room printer after a few minutes There are a lot of solutions for sharing a single USB printer with multiple networked PCs but I have not found any for doing the reverse sharing a single USB print-job source with multiple networked printers There also exist solutions for sharing some other USB sources such as scanners and drives over the network but those would not help us Does anyone know if such a device or similar exists It would have to be a self-contained device or perhaps even a tiny Linux PC because we cannot install additional software on the server itself For that matter does anyone even know whether any LaserJets can accept print jobs over the network connection if the job originated as a USB job These reports are generated for a pretty generic line printer so presumably the jobs don t contain model-specific dependencies Even though the server s selected driver is for a LJ series when we used the same server software on earlier server hardware that had parallel instead of USB it also functioned fine for us when connected to LJ mp LJ and LJ series printers Hopefully the USB driver produces jobs that are equally device-independent I suspect that the current software still uses the same driver as the old version but now sends the job to a virtual rather than physical LPT parallel port which then gets routed to the USB driver Failing that can anyone suggest where else I might inquire about this nbsp

A:Sending USB print jobs to network printers

Can the server see the network? If so you should be able to configure the printer queue to a networked print queue.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sending-usb-print-jobs-to-network-printers.1114558/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hello,

I just did a fresh install of Windows 7. Everything seem good except that I can't get the printers to print. A HP-P1102W and a Brother HL-2040. They used to work great. The HP is my default.

When printing a test page for each, after a good install (Windows said that), the page gets stuck in the print queue. I tried to use the CD's that came with the printers and that didn't work. I tried Windows Update to let Windows add my printers to the list. No install! They are showing in the Devices and Printers with no exclamation point.

Has anyone ever had this happen and have a solution for this?

Thank You

hm

A:Fresh install Both printers refuse to print...

Check the print spooler service. control panel >> adminTools >> services >> print spooler (Right click should be set to automatic)
You will also have to reset-up the Wifi link, if your using it.

Roy

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/401493-fresh-install-both-printers-refuse-print.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hello,

I just did a fresh install of Windows 7. Everything seem good except that I can't get the printers to print. A HP-P1102W and a Brother HL-2040. They used to work great. The HP is my default.

When printing a test page for each, after a good install (Windows said that), the page gets stuck in the print queue. I tried to use the CD's that came with the printers and that didn't work. I tried Windows Update to let Windows add my printers to the list. No install! They are showing in the Devices and Printers with no exclamation point.

Has anyone ever had this happen and have a solution for this?

Thank You

hm

A:Fresh install Both printers refuse to print...

Check the print spooler service. control panel >> adminTools >> services >> print spooler (Right click should be set to automatic)
You will also have to reset-up the Wifi link, if your using it.

Roy

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/401493-fresh-install-both-printers-refuse-print.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi CP3505 Printers Color HP print LaserJet Can't to everyone First of all I want to say thanks to this forum this is my first time Can't print to HP Color LaserJet CP3505 Printers posting in it but it has been IMMENSELY useful for me I have a Toshiba Satellite P -MP notebook running Windows Home Premium bit purchased in January of this year On the advice of Can't print to HP Color LaserJet CP3505 Printers some threads on these forums I recently did a system restore because I was getting the blue screen of death regularly I used the Toshiba Recovery Media discs I created and the Toshiba system restore wizard to go back to out-of-box settings The restore seems to have fixed the blue screen problems and my system is faster and as far as I know more stable However I can no longer Can't print to HP Color LaserJet CP3505 Printers print to my network HP Color LaserJet CP Printer When I installed this printer pre-restore it worked with no difficulties in installation I can ping the IP address of the printer and other people can print to it just fine so I know its not the printer I've installed all the Windows Updates after the system restore I've tried uninstalling and re-installing the drivers for the printer multiple times and even downloading them from the HP website and nothing works I have read people posting about not being able to print from Adobe or from Office programs but I can't print anything not even the test page - the status of anything I try to print is always Error - Printing I've tried using the Microsoft troubleshooting apps to no avail I am really hoping someone has some insight here - I guess I could just never print anything again and save some trees but sometimes it is nice to have hard copies Thanks in advance Cara

A:Can't print to HP Color LaserJet CP3505 Printers

Welcome Cara.

Have you taken a look at the printer properties and which port is is using?
Otherwise, you might want to remove the printer by uninstalling it.

Then download and install the latest drivers from hp and then select network as the method
to connect.

Most times windows 7 will search out and install network printers if you select the network as the location.

Rich

PS: do you know the IP for the printer, you might want to try adding a tcp/ip port to the location for the printer and then see what happens.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/157044-cant-print-hp-color-laserjet-cp3505-printers.html
Relevancy 55.9%

If you are not using a Windows or Apple computer where is the print driver located to drive a Cloud Ready Printer.

A:Print Drivers - Cloud Ready Printers

please do not duplicate posts

continue here
http://forums.techguy.org/networking/1143663-cloud-ready-printing.html

closing this thread

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/print-drivers-cloud-ready-printers.1143897/
Relevancy 55.9%

I have quot printers quot in my Windows XP print dialog window only eight of which I actually use on any regular basis The rest just clutter up the dialog and make it inconvenient to find and select the one I want to use I have uninstalled all the printers I know for sure I will never use again The remaining are still there because either There is a good chance I'll use them again at some point e g the printer at my mother's from print (hide) Remove printers dialog? house where I visit with my laptop about twice a year They are quot internal quot printers installed by some software I still use e g quot Intuit Internal Printer quot or I don't know what they are and I'm concerned I'll screw something up if I just arbitrarily uninstall them e g quot Microsoft XPS Document Writer quot and quot Send to OneNote quot Is there any Remove (hide) printers from print dialog? way I can tell Windows to quot hide quot the un-wanted printers from the print dialog box without actually un-installing them in such a way that I could sometime in the future quot un-hide quot them A Google search turned up Remove (hide) printers from print dialog? a very nice system settings option for the Mac OS X but nothing for Windows Any ideas

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/remove-hide-printers-from-print-dialog-256875.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi I am having difficulty with printing wireless through my PC I am able to find the wireless printer on my network able to install the drivers and printer software successfully My PC can even detect details of my printer such as whether it is currently sleeping cartridge levels etc and even perform maintenance tasks However when I try to print it is not able to do so When I open up the printer job list window the status always initially display quot Printing quot but after a while it turns to quot Error - Printing quot I am able to print via USB My first wireless printer was a multi-function one and I was able to scan wirelessly Other PCs on unable Able connect wireless to to to print printers, the network are able to print wirelessly without any issues as can the Mac iOS and Android devices I've been having this difficulty for several years I initially thought my computer just didn't like my first printer However I recently purchased a new Able to connect to wireless printers, unable to print wireless printer and found that this issue persisted and thought I really need to resolve Able to connect to wireless printers, unable to print this My first wireless printer was an Epson TX FW and the printer I purchased recently is the Fuji Xerox Docuprint P DW Any help would be greatly appreciated

A:Able to connect to wireless printers, unable to print

Not able to help, but I share your pain.
I have the same model printer (P255 dw), and have the same problem.
It is recognized by the system, is shown to be active with no problems, I can check its status, but it keeps on coming up with a printer error when I try to print via wireless. The printers web page has a job and error history which shows no issues, my router is happy with it, USB printing is fine. I have just spent 2 days trying to sort it out and ended up just using USB. Damn frustrating.
I really don't like being beaten by tech, but I am about to give up.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/able-to-connect-to-wireless-printers-unable-to-print-819042.html
Relevancy 55.9%

I'm having a printer issue with a client. Essentially on a certain machine every couple days all their printers "disappear". I go in and check the print spooler and it shows offline. The fix I found is as follows:

1) Click Stop on Print Spooler

2) Click the Start Button, type "%WINDIR%\system32\spool\printers"

3) In the open window delete all files in this folder

4) Restart Print Spooler

This seems to fix the issue for a few days, but inevitably the problem crops back up. We can keep doing this, it's a fix, but not a solution. Based on the symptoms can anyone help me figure out with the remedy it going to be on this?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-with-printers-not-showing-print-spooler-offline.1085203/
Relevancy 55.9%

Before installing windows 8 there was 4 hard disk partitions on my computer, but after installing windows 8 Local Disk (I:) came up automatically with 99 MB of size thought there's no file inside of that partition.

Can please anyone tell me how that happened and how to hide/remove that partition, because its annoying.

A:New Local Disk created after installing windows 8

Hello Borhan,

Could you post a screenshot showing your full disks layout in Disk Management (diskmgmt.msc) to see if that may help reveal a reason?

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/15573-new-local-disk-created-after-installing-windows-8-a.html
Relevancy 55.47%

The few Windows 95 and Windows 98 computers we have left are all getting the same failure to print due to unknown network error type message. My guess is this is related to one of the April 12 Security updates installed last night on the print server which is running Windows 2003 Server. Am I the only one with this problem today?

A:W95 W98 Fail to Print to 2003 Server Network Printers

That was it! 3 of the updates were not compatible with W9.x

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/w95-w98-fail-to-print-to-2003-server-network-printers.352649/
Relevancy 55.47%

I have formatted my laptop at work and install fresh copy of windows 2003 (i joined the domain), why have the printers (more than one ) been added to the TCP/IP print port table , as you see in the link below without my intention ?

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/9201/clipboard01fb2.jpg

Thanks

A:Printers have been added to the TCP/IP print port table without my intention

Possibly due to a desktop security program such as Script Logic's Desktop Authority.

That app can make all kinds of changes (depending on how the network tech configures it) to your pc as soon as you log onto the network. Installing specific printers can also be config'd. I can send a user's printjobs to a printer in a different building's printer's (that's really funny)....

We use Desktop Authority and users don't even see their C drive or have access to it...

It can be configured by user name, pc name, OU, etc...the things it can do are basically unlimited. Many of our users hate it for they can't even change their wallpaper.

Do a Cntl-Alt-Del, go to processes and see if you see something running out of the ordinary.

With Desktop Authority, you'll see one of the processes titled DesktopAuthority.exe

Keep us posted....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/printers-have-been-added-to-the-tcp-ip-print-port-table-without-my-intention.531871/
Relevancy 55.04%

I did search out this problem...very old posts recommended I start a new thread.

For the last 2 weeks every time I shut down automatic install...installs the same 8 updates.

I'd appreciate any help in solving this problem.

Thanks,
Toni

A:Windows 7 Updates keeps installing same 8 updates over and over

Which updates, and do you have any other odd symptoms?

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/248662-windows-7-updates-keeps-installing-same-8-updates-over-over.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Ok, I'm probably not the first person to ask about this.
Why on earth, can I not see any of my connected network printers under 'Devices and Printers' of Windows 8? The devices are without question, 100% connected and registered with the OS, as evidenced from their presence within the 'Print Queues' section of
Device Manager, and various software packages, when accessing the 'Print' dialog. I can't even find any evidence of the printers within Print Management! What is going on?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/7efd809b-b4c1-4fcb-975c-0f4d68eaa780/connected-printers-not-showing-in-devices-and-printers-windows-8?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 54.61%

I also posted this at Ten Forums but in retrospect I think there is probably more in-depth knowledge on this site So here goes Internet Explorer will not print and just shows an empty print preview page Edge works prints fine However in this case I know what caused the issue but not how to resolve it This issue CANNOT be repaired by the commonly offered or step Microsoft tips that are all over other the MS forums and elsewhere disable protected mode Low folder permissions etc etc Here is the complete story New laptop HP Z Party Broken Installing Print/print App After Ie11 3rd Preview Book with factory installed Windows Pro All worked great when first run No issues I installed Office Quicken AutoCAD Chrome etc All worked fine Then I installed a specialist program Helvar Workshop - which is a lighting control application that I need for my work and originally Ie11 Print/print Preview Broken After Installing 3rd Party App written for XP After installing the Workshop program it worked fine but I was no longer able to print or preview in IE Chrome prints no problem This is not a new issue to me as it also broke the same functions with IE and running on Windows I only ever resolved the problem then by doing a system restore in Windows and ultimately installing an XP VM to run Workshop In that configuration it did NOT break the print functions in XP s IE or Having experienced the problem again on the new Z Book I went to System Restore and discovered that HP had supplied the machine without activating System Restore Yes I should have verified it was active before installing any apps but seriously HP - wtf Let s not derail the thread on the benefits loss of System Restore - that train already departed and is not at the root of my issue I could now just reinstall Windows I REALLY don t want to have to do this and then setup HyperV with XP to run Workshop but that is a messy solution However at this point I am keen to try to understand and repair the problem caused by installing Workshop in Windows and potentially have both this program and IE fully functional in Windows If anyone would be willing to pitch some advice I d be very grateful I m ready and willing to post relative screen shots of the registry or other info that could be useful I have limited knowledge of registry architecture but I m assuming the installation of Workshop has overwritten something relating to IE s print functions Fortunately I also have a spare laptop with a fresh copy of Windows installed so I m not too concerned about playing in the registry as it s not too much hassle to reinstall the OS on this machine if things get out of hand btw Helvar Workshop is a free download from the lighting system manufacturer s website but I didn t want to put the link on here at the moment due to the problems it s installation can cause If you do want to take a look at it Googling Helvar Workshop will be the first hit It s actually a really small program Thanks for reading and in advance thanks for any advice Andy nbsp

A:Ie11 Print/print Preview Broken After Installing 3rd Party App

The System File Checker tool will hopefully repair Internet Explorer.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833#/en-us/kb/929833

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/index.php?threads/ie11-print-print-preview-broken-after-installing-3rd-party-app.306385/
Relevancy 54.61%

OK this one is a twist on a very often reported problem on these forums Internet Explorer will not print and just shows an empty print preview page Edge works prints fine However in this case I know what caused the issue but not how to resolve it installing party after IE11 app broken preview print/print 3rd This issue CANNOT be repaired by the commonly offered or step Microsoft tips that are all over this site and elsewhere disable protected mode Low folder permissions etc etc Here is the complete story New laptop HP Z Book with factory installed IE11 print/print preview broken after installing 3rd party app Windows Pro All worked great when first run No issues I installed Office Quicken AutoCAD Chrome etc All worked fine Then I installed a specialist program 'Helvar Workshop' - which is a lighting control application that I need for my work and originally written for IE11 print/print preview broken after installing 3rd party app XP After installing the Workshop program it worked fine but I was no longer able to print IE11 print/print preview broken after installing 3rd party app or preview in IE This is not a new issue to me as it also broke the same functions with IE and running on Windows I only ever 'resolved the problem then by doing a system restore in Windows and ultimately installing an XP VM to run 'Workshop' In that configuration it did NOT break the print functions in XP's IE or Having experienced the problem again on the new Z Book I went to System Restore and discovered that HP had supplied the machine without activating System Restore Yes I should have verified it was active before installing any apps but seriously HP - wtf I could now just reinstall Windows I REALLY don't want to have to do this and then run HyperV with XP However at this point I am keen to try to understand and repair the problem caused by installing 'Workshop' and potentially have both this program and IE fully functional in Windows If anyone has a good understanding of the registry I assume and would be willing to pitch some advice I'd be very grateful I'm ready and willing to post relative screen shots of the registry or other info that could be useful Fortunately I also have a 'spare' laptop with a fresh copy of Windows installed so I'm not too concerned about playing in the registry as it's not too much hassle to reinstall the OS on this machine if things get out of hand btw 'Helvar Workshop' is a free download from the lighting system manufacturer's website but I didn't want to put the link on here at the moment due to the problems it's installation can cause If you do want to take a look at it Googling Helvar Workshop will be the first hit Thanks for reading and in advance thanks for any advice Andy

A:IE11 print/print preview broken after installing 3rd party app

Originally Posted by AVguy

Having experienced the problem again on the new Z Book I went to System Restore and discovered that HP had supplied the machine without activating System Restore! Yes, I should have verified it was active before installing any apps ........ but seriously HP - wtf!?!?!

I've seen that on other brands of computers, both Desktops and Notebooks, so I think it's more a Win10 thing. Saw it on my own Custom Win10 Upgraded from Win7 so I made the change.

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/55812-ie11-print-print-preview-broken-after-installing-3rd-party-app.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I need a page count (total or by month) from Dell versions 1100, 1720, 1815, 5210, 966 AIO, Color Laser 3100 3110 and 5100 printers, and M5200. Also need for Panasonic versions KX-FL511, Panafax DX-800, Panafax UF-270 332 4000 490 550 560 585 595 6000 7000 745 755 770 788 790 8000 880 885 890 895 9000 990. Also Samsung ML-3051N, QL 85, and SF-560.

If there is a manual anyone knows of with instructions to print some sort of page count for all printers/faxes/copiers/scanners, please let me know!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-print-page-counts-out-for-dell-panasonic-and-samsung-printers.932686/
Relevancy 54.61%

We're having a weird issue where newly installed images will randomly once or twice a day have their print spooler hang This is across Desktop and Laptop computers Older installs from the same image and with the same updates seem to not have the issue This Offline hanging Spooler Print shown network so keeps printers as are started about a week ago Our print server is a Scientific Linux CUPS server with samba providing windows printing We use mostly the CUPS postscript driver though for Print Spooler keeps hanging so network printers are shown as Offline a few printers we use vendor drivers We have about print queues we push out via GPP Running Windows Enterprise x SP Looking at the computer the print spooler shows as running All network printers are greyed out Nothing obvious in the application or system event logs GPUpdate will fail with quot access denied Print Spooler keeps hanging so network printers are shown as Offline quot errors Restart the print spooler - everything starts working till next time We've tried deleting all the printers and re-adding them via the GPP Print Spooler keeps hanging so network printers are shown as Offline That works fine till the next day or so One weird thing is that re-booting the computer DOES NOT fix the print spooler you have to restart it as administrator while Windows is up for it to start working I've created a script that will elevate and restart the print spooler and this is a quot fix quot but obviously we'd like to have the printing keep working nbsp Any ideas

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/9f9e56cf-0ff3-44e6-93bc-424cb7fe87d0/print-spooler-keeps-hanging-so-network-printers-are-shown-as-offline?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 54.18%

After installing Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit, I downloaded and installed the Lexmark Windows Vista driver for the Lexmark Model X7170. In Control Panel, the printer icon shows that it is ready and checked. Attemping to print displays the error message says "The printer cannot communicate with the computer". I have done the troubleshooting, removed power and USB cables and reconnected. In Control Panel, I deleted the printer and then added it back. All my USB ports are listed and look OK in Device Manager. The printer worked fine in Windows XP. Can anyone give advise about what to try next.

Thanks.
Jerry

A:Lexmark Will Not Print After Installing Windows Vista

I get a similar error with my lexmark only in xp, I dont have vista yet. Whenever it says "The printer cannot communicate with the computer" I just hit cancel and then it starts printing the document. I think it has something to do with unsigned drivers or something. just throwing this out there.

where did you get the driver from, did you go through the device manager and allow it to update drivers from there or did you get it from lexmarks site? i would try from both and see if that makes any difference, it may not.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/lexmark-will-not-print-after-installing-windows-vista-148176.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello All,

I was referred here by NeonFx from the TechGuy Security forum. He had me run a slew of anti-virus/anti-spyware diagnostics. According to NeonFx my system is currently infection free and he states the problem lies elsewhere.

He also had me run the Windows Update FixIt tool in both Default and Aggressive mode - both of which did not fix the problem. So what is the problem??

PROBLEM:

When I run the install Windows updates, the updates do not install, and I receive the following message (not verbatim, but close):

"Some updates were unable to be installed..."

This problem "came out of no where" and there has been no suspicious activity prior to it starting other than an IE7 redirect rootkit that NeonFx helped me remove (if I recall correctly an infection of agp440)...

Stumped, stumped and stumped...

A:Problem Installing Windows Updates: "Some Updates Were Unable to be Installed"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-installing-windows-updates-some-updates-were-unable-to-be-installed.924046/
Relevancy 54.18%

Good evening everyone While attempting to log into my internet postage account ALL printer & with printers list print issue spoolers not working from Need disappeared have help - this afternoon I got an error message it could not initialize the printer something or other NOTE I just used this program yesterday and printed out some postage with NO problems whatsoever When I checked my Printers amp Faxes listing in the Control Panel I find all of them are now gone I ve tried doing a System Restore back to to no avail The printers are still gone When I click on quot Add a Printer quot I get a message that says the printer spoolers are not running The following excerpt was copied directly from Microsoft s own Need help - issue with print spoolers not working & ALL printers have disappeared from printer list support site and EXACTLY describes my predicament When you click Start and then click Printers and Faxes to try to view your printers no printers appear This issue may occur even Need help - issue with print spoolers not working & ALL printers have disappeared from printer list if you have a printer installed When you click Add a Need help - issue with print spoolers not working & ALL printers have disappeared from printer list printer or when you try to print you may receive the following error message and cannot add a printer Operation could not be completed Printer spooler service is not running Can someone PLEASE help me with resolving this issue I am NOT computer-saavy by any means and have not the faintest idea of even WHERE to begin Any help would be greatly appreciated

A:Need help - issue with print spoolers not working & ALL printers have disappeared from printer list

The only two references I find which might fit:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/291174

http://msmvps.com/blogs/steveb/archive/2008/06/12/you-cannot-add-a-printer-and-you-receive-printer-spooler-error-messages.aspx

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/417769/need-help-issue-with-print-spoolers-not-working-all-printers-have-disappeared-from-printer-list/
Relevancy 52.89%

I have been having nightmares with trying to get cheap inkjet printers to work. We are in the process of pulling them & replacing with HP 1018 laser pritners. They will be attached to the PC's that are networked through a termserver. The reason I chose these printers is because they are Server 2003 compatible. I want to make sure I install them right. Please tell me if my thinking is right. When I attach it to the PC & do the setup on the PC side the termserver will automatically notice them. I am correct? Any help would be greatly appreciated. THX!!!

A:Help installing printers

No actually this is all wrong.

1) On the server start loading the drivers (I always suggest loading the INFS through the add printer wizards and NOT the setup.exe's) note the version and the model of the printer and load the XP drivers if its XP machines connecting in NOT anything that states its for Windows 0023 (unless you want to subload the 2003 drivers but this is a bit of a waste since the Terminal server won't ever be printing directly to this printer connected to it.

2) On the PC side load the EXACT same drivers as you did on the terminal server. It has to be same version type and everyone one can;t be post script and the other pcl6 or anything llike that.

3) make sureo n the PC side they have printer connections setup when they use Terminal server.

The main this is the same printer drivers must be used followed by printers connecting when connecting to terminal server. If any link in this changes, E.G. a client needs a driver update, it will break the whole chain of printing from the terminal servers. Then you would have to load this new driver onto the server.

To be honest with you I find setting up printers with Jetdirects and just setting up these printers on the Terminal Servers to be much easier to deal with and ALOT less problematic.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-installing-printers.497201/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi Everyone!
My Windows Vista updates arent installing. Whenever i try to manually update it, it gives the following error:
Windows could not search for new updates
Errors found:
Code 800736B1

Any help please?!!! Thank You!

Relevancy 52.46%

Windows notifies me that there are updates available. When I select to install the updates it takes a long time and I get a message stating that windows has detected that my computer is running on battery power and to plug my computer into an outlet. I get this message even when my computer is plugged into an AC outlet at the beginnig of the update dowload attept.

What could be the problem? I had to have Windows 7 reinstalled on my computer by someone at a local charitable company but I've noticed little weird things that didn't happen when I had my original version. Internet sessions closing suddenly and cursor skipping around the page eventhough I updated my touchpad drivers.

Any help with these issues is greatly apprecieated

A:Windows Updates not installing

At the outset you could seek the help of the person who installed Windows 7. That said the other way out is to reinstall Windows 7 with your original genuine DVD yourself.

But before you do that, please check that the installed copy of Windows 7 is genuine. If you find that it is genuine then please make the downloading and installation of the updates automatic. Wait for a day or two and check if all the updates are installed. If yes then leave the settings as they are and take no further action except keep using the computer normally.

If not then please reinstall Windows as suggested in the opening para.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/213923-windows-updates-not-installing.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Having a problem with a Dell XPS and hoping someone here has the answer as I seem to SP1 7 not installing updates Windows have tried many potential fixes Windows 7 SP1 updates not installing without success Originally tried to install Office but it got about of the way through and through up an error I think Further investigation showed that my windows updates seem to have stopped installing as well I followed lots of advise on many websites but still had the problem Eventually I restored the pc back to factory settings which included a format to remove any problem Much to my surprise I am still having exactly the same issues so far I have tried the following - carried out numerous Microsoft quot Fix it quot programs ran sfc scannow turned off Mcafee booted the pc in quot clean quot mode carried out repair of Net framework uninstalled and reloaded Net framework reregistered update files stopped and restarted BITS ran the system update readiness tool renamed the software distribution folder Cleared the BITS queue of any current jobs reset the contents of the catroot folder checked for incorrect registry values Probably several other fixes but can t remember them all At the moment the windows update wants to install the update to the windows update but after restarting the windows update it tells me it has failed If I turn off the pc it tells me there are numerous updates to install but it goes through the list very quickly and when it check windows update after restarting they have all failed I am at my wits end as logically reloading windows should have sorted the issue whatever it is I have even ran diagnostics on memory and hard drive and both are fine Any help would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Windows 7 SP1 updates not installing

I had the same problem with a win 7 computer . I then tried just downloading about ten updates at a time. This worked. Takes a little longer but they installed. I think the problem is on Microsoft update site.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-7-sp1-updates-not-installing.198224/
Relevancy 52.46%

I am having issues with installing updates on Windows 7 x64. The start menu always has "Shut down and install updates", I click to install and sometimes the system says installing and then just hangs and sometimes it says it has installed the 2 updates. However when I turn the machine back on the same "Shut down and install updates" message is there. This has been going on everyday for the best part of 6 months.

Any suggestions please?

Many thanks!

A:Windows 7 not installing updates

Hello,

Try deleting the old updates and trying again, Delete Windows update files to regain hard-drive space - CNET, as sometimes this can force computer to hang.

Also try installing your updates through control panel, and see how that works.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/331012-windows-7-not-installing-updates.html
Relevancy 52.46%

My computer is supposed to update itself automatically, but the little yellow shield keeps appearing in the taskbar saying it's downloading updates, but then disappearing almost straight away. I've no idea if it's downloading updates or not.

Obviously I'm a bit worried. If anyone knows what would cause this or how I could bypass it I'd be *very* grateful.

Okay, edit. I can now access Windows Update manually and it turns out I'm missing lots of security updates, which my computer should have downloaded automatically. It hasn't. Any ideas why this could be?

Thanks.

-Emma

A:I don't think my Windows Updates are installing

See if this will be of any help:

http://www.amset.info/windows/auto-updates.asp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-dont-think-my-windows-updates-are-installing.518623/
Relevancy 52.46%

Just installed windows 7 and went to windows updates, windows automatically detected my roccat kone mouse and razor keyboard. So downloaded the drivers and some other drivers, all were succesful but when I go to installed updates, say to remove one there are none there. On top of this I downloaded the mouse drivers direct from roccat but I cannot install them.

Any ideas would be much appriated.

Ps also downloaded windows mail and reploced the downloaded file with the orginal mail file but when I hit the mail icon programme will not work, circle just keeps going round and round.

Many thanks in advance

Ranger

A:windows updates not installing

I used to get the samething with the chinese guy's build leak.
What build do you have though?

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/18275-windows-updates-not-installing.html
Relevancy 52.46%

The following updates are not installing on my Windows bit laptop KB KB KB I have tried everything from Ccleaner to the Readiness Tool 7 Updates not Windows installing and scanned my SFC files and got this Checking Windows Servicing Packages Checking Package Manifests and Catalogs Checking Package Watchlist Checking Component Watchlist Checking Packages Windows 7 Updates not installing f CBS MUM Missing x servicing Packages Package for KB bf ad e x mum f CBS MUM Missing x servicing Packages Package for KB bf ad e x mum f CBS MUM Missing x servicing Packages Package for KB SP bf ad e x mum f CBS MUM Missing x servicing Packages Package for KB bf ad e x mum Checking Component Store f CSI Payload File Missing x Kalimba mp x microsoft-windows-musicsamples bf ad e none aa ab b f CSI Payload File Missing x desktop ini x microsoft-windows-musicsamples bf ad e none aa ab b f CSI Payload File Missing x Maid with the Flaxen Hair mp x microsoft-windows-musicsamples bf ad e none aa ab b f CSI Payload File Missing x Sleep Away mp x microsoft-windows-musicsamples bf ad e none aa ab b f CSI Payload File Missing x Clip sec VC mbps wmv x microsoft-windows-winsatmediasamples bf ad e none af e c e f CSI Payload File Missing x Clip sec mbps h mp x microsoft-windows-winsatmediasamples bf ad e none af e c e f CSI Payload File Missing x winsat wmv x microsoft-windows-winsatmediasamples bf ad e none af e c e f CSI Payload File Missing x Clip sec MPEG HD mbps mpg x microsoft-windows-winsatmediasamples bf ad e none af e c e f CSI Payload File Missing x Clip sec mbps h mp x microsoft-windows-winsatmediasamples bf ad e none af e c e f CSI Payload File Missing x winsatencode wmv x microsoft-windows-winsatmediasamples bf ad e none af e c e f CSI Payload File Missing x Clip i sec mbps new mpg x microsoft-windows-winsatmediasamples bf ad e none af e c e f CSI Payload File Missing x Clip p sec mbps new mpg x microsoft-windows-winsatmediasamples bf ad e none af e c e f CSI Payload File Missing x desktop ini x microsoft-windows-videosamples bf ad e none f f a ec f CSI Payload File Missing x Wildlife wmv x microsoft-windows-videosamples bf ad e none f f a ec f CSI Payload File Missing x Koala jpg x microsoft-windows-photosamples bf ad e none f e e d f CSI Payload File Missing x Jellyfish jpg x microsoft-windows-photosamples bf ad e none f e e d f CSI Payload File Missing x SampleRes dll x microsoft-windows-photosamples bf ad e none f e e d f CSI Payload File Missing x desktop ini x microsoft-windows-photosamples bf ad e none f e e d f CSI Payload File Missing x Desert jpg x microsoft-windows-photosamples bf ad e none f e e d f CSI Payload File Missing x Lighthouse jpg x microsoft-windows-photosamples bf ad e none f e e d f CSI Payload File Missing x Tulips jpg x microsoft-windows-photosamples bf ad e none f e e d f CSI Payload File Missing x Chrysanthemum jpg x microsoft-windows-photosamples bf ad e none f e e d f CSI Payload File Missing x Hydrangeas jpg x microsoft-windows-photosamples bf ad e none f e e d f CSI Payload File Missing x Penguins jpg x microsoft-windows-photosamples bf ad e none f e e d f CSI Payload File Missing x desktop ini x microsoft-windows-ehome-samplemedia bf ad e none a b fb adc cc f CSI Payload File Missing x win scenic-demoshort raw wtv x microsoft-windows-ehome-samplemedia bf ad e none a b fb adc cc f CSI Payload File Missing x boot sdi x microsoft-windows-winre-recoverytools bf ad e none d e fcf b Summary Seconds executed Found errors CSI Payload File Missing Total count CBS MUM Missing Total count Unavailable repair files servicing packages Package for KB bf ad e x mum servicing packages Package for KB bf ad e x mum servicing packages Package for KB SP bf ad e x mum servicing packages Package for KB bf ad e x mum servicing packages Package for KB bf ad e x cat servicing packages Package for KB bf ad e x cat servicing packages Package for KB SP bf ad e x cat servicing packages Package for KB bf ad e x cat Can anyone help me with this... Read more

A:Windows 7 Updates not installing

By the looks of it, you've been using Advanced System Destruction Care.

I'll post a fix for the package errors a bit later, and a second for the payload files after that. (Have to set up a different VM for x86)

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/340109-windows-7-updates-not-installing.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I have several machines that I am restoring for friends but I'm having a problem with windows 7 updates. I can receive and install updates all the way up to and including SP1 but as soon as SP1 is installed no more updates come down. I have left the update check running for several hours with no success. It just keeps running, I don't get any message to say no updates available. I have tried a couple of Microsoft fix it's without any success either. Is this a problem on Microsoft end or could there be something I'm doing wrong. All laptops are genuine with licence codes and Internet is working fine. If anyone has any ideas or experience with this I would be grateful.

A:No updates after installing Windows 7 SP1

Every sense W-10 give away started Window 7 updates have been very slow. I mean very very slow.
Members have posted from 8 hours up to over 24 hours after a Clean Install or Repair Install. It just keep searching and searching.
If it's still in the Search stage you can reboot and try updates again. If things go well you might get a Microsoft server that isn't so busy.

Have these system been activated?

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/389904-no-updates-after-installing-windows-7-sp1.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Ive recently come across a problem all starting after using windows xp disc to recover from a virus that made the pc not log in (some virus called ntso.exe which i got rid of)....
I used the windows xp disc with SP2 to do a non destructive install which kept all my files but had to reinstall gfx drivers / sound / mobo chipset and ai gear for asus mobo.
I then came across the problem , windows update says it was downloading , downloaded then said "express install" so I did install them but after about a minute it says error installing these updates and just closes and then update.exe keeps coming on and off in processes.

If anyone can help me solve this id be gratefull as its getting on my nerves.

Relevancy 52.46%

Gudday all A few weeks ago I noticed issues with my Windows XP Home The Window firewall warning comes up that the firewall wall is turned off despite being turned on when going to it Eventually - mins the warning disappears This occurs everytime we turn the computer on We have updates that always come up as needing to be installed but when we try to install the updates the computer wanders of to do it Eventually it returns the message that these updates could not be installed The updates areKB KB KB Windows not installing updates KB KB KB If there are extra updates i e gt these six the extra ones are installed successfully I have tried a few times to install these updates The computer is a desktop with XP SP I also have a latop with XP Pro SP but have not noticed all of these issues I have the setting of 'Download updates but let me choose when to install them' Is there anywhere in Windows Windows updates not installing that might suggest why these updates are not being installed I have had a look Windows updates not installing at Microsoft support pages but a search revealed nothing I was not really sure how to phrase the question which might have make the search next to impossible Has anyone had this problem or similar and any suggestions A virus has crossed my mind

A:Windows updates not installing

I had this problem a few times before and have managed to solve it by downloading Microsoft Fix it 50199 from the website
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/299357
You may also try these websites
http://support.microsoft.com/gp/cp_fixit_main#tab0
http://blogs.technet.com/fixit4me/default.aspx
Good luck to you.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-updates-not-installing-431964.html
Relevancy 52.46%

My updates are set to check and install every day at AM I've just noticed recently that when I get on in the mornings that I have a pop up saying that updates to windows had failed to install I ignored it figuring my internet just wasn't staying connected but the last few days when I've turned it off it is powering down forever because its' installing updates or trying tp Then when it re-starts back up it says all updates have failed so it is reprogramming and to not unplug or updates 7 not installing Windows power down So today I opened up the update file and Windows 7 not installing updates found that it has been failing to update anything for over a year Sporadically I see one that has succeeded to install here and there but most of them are all failed As of right now I have the following updates waiting to be installed Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer for Windows for x -based Systems KB Download size MB You may need to restart your computer for this update to take effect Update type Important A security issue has been identified in a Microsoft software product that could affect your system You can help protect your system by installing this update from Microsoft For a complete listing of the issues that are included in this update see the associated Microsoft Knowledge Base article After you install this update you may have to restart your system More information http go microsoft com fwlink LinkID Help and Support http support microsoft com Internet Explorer for Windows for x -based Systems Download size MB You may need to restart your computer for this update to take effect Update type Important Internet Explorer is fast and fluid and lets your websites shine and perform just like native apps on your PC Internet Explorer Fast and fluid for Windows Fast Internet Explorer harnesses the untapped power of your PC delivering pages full of vivid graphics smoother video and interactive content Easy Experience the web the way you want to with pinned sites built-in Spellcheck and seamless integration with your PC running Windows Safer Improved features like SmartScreen Filter and Tracking Protection let you be more aware of threats to your PC and your privacy More information http go microsoft com fwlink LinkID Help and Support http go microsoft com fwlink LinkID Security Update for Microsoft NET Framework on Windows and Windows Server R SP for x -based Systems KB Download size MB You may need to restart your computer for this update to take effect Update type Important A security issue has been identified that could allow an unauthenticated remote attacker to compromise your system and gain control over it You can help protect your system by installing this update from Microsoft After you install this update you may have to restart your system More information http go microsoft com fwlink LinkID Help and Support http support microsoft com Security Update for Microsoft NET Framework on Windows and Windows Server R SP for x -based Systems KB Download size KB You may need to restart your computer for this update to take effect Update type Important A security issue has been identified that could allow an unauthenticated remote attacker to cause the affected application to stop responding You can help protect your system by installing this update from Microsoft After you install this update you may have to restart your system More information http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId Help and Support http support microsoft com Security Update for Microsoft NET Framework on Windows and Windows Server R SP for x -based Systems KB Download size MB You may need to restart your computer for this update to take effect Update type Important A security issue has been identified that could allow an unauthenticated remote attacker to compromise your system and gain control over it You can help protect your system by installing this update from Microsoft After you install this update you may have to restart your system More informati... Read more

A:Windows 7 not installing updates

I think the 0300 bit is a Microsoft fetish, I know I am something of a night bird, but even my computer is seldom on at 0300 local.

I think you are going to have to do these updates manually. Start by going into 'Windows Updates' and changing the setting from 'Install automatically' to 'Notify when updates are ready' then 'Check for updates' and stand back !

After a few minutes, you will get the message 'Updates are ready for your computer'. MS splits these into 'Important' and 'Optional' categories. You can select all of them, or just some of them, then click 'Install updates' and the downloading and installation process will go on in the background - you can be doing other work while this happens. If you are using the internet, you will notice that it's performance is reduced, thihs is because the updates are using some of your bandwidth.

When the installation is finished, you will get one of three messages - (1) The updates were successful, or (2) Windows needs to restart, or (3) The updates failed.

For (1), no further action required. For (2) just re-boot the computer. For (3), go back to 'Check for updates' and select say 10 or 15 at a time. If you then get a batch fail to install properly, it is easier and less time consuming to work out which one is causing the problem.

I have my updates permanently set 'Notify but don't install'

Hope that helps,

Chris Cosgrove

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/498928/windows-7-not-installing-updates/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi all, I have recently been put in charge of formatting all the laptops at work before they go back on sale.

One thing that I have found frustrating is installing the drivers. I have had some laptops sitting for around 4-5 hours, just simply updating the system bit by bit, and I was wondering if there is a way to just download all the drivers at once, and do a mass install.

Doing this on 7 or 8 laptops is painful

Thanks for any help in advance :)

A:Installing all Windows 7 updates ate once

If they are all the same drivers or you know which ones you need, then just download them onto a Flash or DVD and then copy them onto their respective machines.

It's the downloading bit that is time consuming so by doing it that way, you only need to download them once - although video drivers can take some time installing unless you choose the express option.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/installing-all-windows-7-updates-ate-once-669557.html
Relevancy 52.46%

hi Guys... I last night did a repair install of windows XP after having graphics driver problems, new installation works well, but after downloading critical updates(89 of them) it will not instal them. I have tried again, retried, tried installing one at a time, both with firewall and virus sofware on and off... the ambiguous message I get from windows upon failure of installation is... something on your computer is stopping update instal..etc.. well DUR!!! smiles... can anyone point me in the right direction?? oh.. and I use second life.. even with all drivers working, second life refuses to load, saying that my graphics drivers are not up to date or supported, even though they worked fine until 2 days ago... sorrry for the long post.. I'm patiently trawling my way through every piece of advice I can get... ty in anticipation.. Huskym6

A:Windows XP not installing updates

hello

now this is just for starters

now what i need to do is go to your (device manager)

now once there you will want to select from the toolbar of the window(veiw) then a drop down menu / from it you will select (show all hidden devices)

now if you see any (red or yellow) quotation marks , make a note of what they

now go to the (event veiwer) this is thru the (administrator tools) in the control panel
here you will find 3 to 4 subcatagories

you will want to check each of them for this is where windows keeps track of all errors
now you will want to make notes of the errors that have been recorded ( you do not have to make notes of double entries just of the dates of their happenings & how many there is)
you will get more information on the errors if you (right) click them / then select properties

------------------------------------
also
------------------------------------

do you have a Windows Xp cd, not the restore cd's that come with some systems, the cd will have the Windows logo & 3D hollowgram/image on it

if you do not maybe you can barrow one from a friend/family member/co-worker as long as it is the same version that is on your system

if you have (Windows XP Home Ed. sp2 ) then the cd will have to be that / if you have a cd with (Windows XP Home Ed. )you will have to slipstream (SP2 ) onto a disk that you create

this also applies to (Windows XP Professsional )

http://www.helpwithwindows.com/Windo...p2-bootcd.html

now if you do have the Windows XP cd with sp2 please follow these steps

--------------------------------------------

performing a (sfc) system file checker

It is a scan that checks the core files & dlls of the (os) operating system and replaces them if they are corrupt or missing with the correct original version

start

#1 then select (run) , then press enter
a window will open
#2 type in ( cmd ) then press enter
another window will open
#3 type in ( sfc )then press enter
another window will open
#4 type in (sfc /purgecache) then enter / your pc will work like crazy / this helps in rebuiding the cache file (notice the space between (sfc & /)
#5 type in (sfc /scannow ) then press enter ( notice the space between the (sfc & / )

now a scan will start , have your (Windows XP software disk ready ) your pc may ask for this disc when it starts or during the scan( so you must sit with the pc while this scan functions ) , if it does then incert the cd into one of your cd/rom/player's , your pc will then reconnize it and continue , you will then have to minimize the splash screen for the cd to see the scan , when the scan is finished you will need to close the cd and all open windows , then remove the cd

you will then need to do a ( Disk Cleanup ) , then empty the caches & temp files thru the (Internet Options) , then do a defrag

restart your pc

then do a defrag again after the reboot

----------------------------------------------
also
----------------------------------------------

now this is the process

a (sfc) is a windows scanner that is directed at the core system files & dll's

it scans only these files & dll's to see if they have been corrupted or replaced by (maleware/spyware/trojans/ viruses/ ect..that are designed to mask themselves as part of the operating system and cause havic or send information/data to it maker /originator

now i do know that during this process that these 2 patches/hotfix's will be knocked out

KB902400 & KB914440

to wich can be easily reinstalled by downloading them from the download center at microsoft / since microsoft is always creating patches & fix's for the software to solve issues they placemant & page that they are on will change / when downloading them you can save them for fucture use and reinstalling / just make a file and put them into it / one will ask to have the system rebooted ( yes ) the other simply ... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-xp-not-installing-updates-226350.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I like doing my updates in groups, what I don't like, is after every group update I have to restart the machine.

Is there a way or setting to pause the restart until I'm finished, and I decide I want to restart?

What about the balloon pop-up at the taskbar, is there a way to stop it from appearing?

A:Installing Windows Updates

Quote: Originally Posted by Anak

I like doing my updates in groups, what I don't like, is after every group update I have to restart the machine.

Is there a way or setting to pause the restart until I'm finished, and I decide I want to restart?

What about the balloon pop-up at the taskbar, is there a way to stop it from appearing?

Let's say that you had 15 updates and you install 5 of them (but you find a way to not restart).

Then you install 5 more and put off restarting.

Then you install the final 5 - then restart.

That is the same thing as just selecting all 15 to be installed all at once. (Correct me if I'm wrong.)

I know that lots of people suggest doing updates in small chunks... but I've not had any issues letting MS manage the updates. Maybe it because most of my experience with doing a lot of updates is within a VM.

As far as allowing more updates without restarting: I was able to do that by changing some registry values, but let's not post "solutions" like that for the general public to play with. I did my testing inside a virtual machine where there was nothing to lose.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/289733-installing-windows-updates.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Windows 8.1 keeps getting stuck at 5% and/or fails on my windows updates. or it just sits at 5%..... Any Ideas?

Hp pavillion slimline
4 gig ram

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-8-1-not-installing-updates.1155504/
Relevancy 52.46%

Recently I booted up an old Windows PC which has not been updated since February I tried to search for updates to install them but Windows will not search for updates Other Steam users reported the same issue as well It seems that Microsoft is intentionally nerfing Windows to get people to upgrade to Windows If that's the case should I just retire Windows and upgrade the old machine to Windows I know that Windows will update much faster and boot faster as well but will I run into any issues with drivers on outdated hardware I Windows 7 installing updates PC not Old have a bunch of bloatware such as Cyberlink PowerDVD which I really don't need anymore My parents will be using it at their residence and I will be using it from time to time during visits Specs Model HP Pavilion Elite HPE- T CPU i - GHz Mobo Pegatron X Truckee RAM GB MHz GPU GTX Old Windows 7 PC not installing updates SC HDD OCZ ARC series GB SSD Seagate Barracuda TB HDD PSU Corsair Old Windows 7 PC not installing updates CX M OS Windows Home Premium -bit

A:Old Windows 7 PC not installing updates

Both pc seem to be reasonably up to date so there should be no problems with win 10 time is running out so I would update as soon as possible you can always role back if you need to us the download its faster and gives you more control https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/soft...load/windows10

http://www.pchelpforum.com/windows-7-a/130044-old-windows-7-pc-not-installing-updates.html
Relevancy 52.46%

hello,
I am having some issues with windows update. The last couple weeks every time i shut down my laptop, there is a message in the screen " installing updates 1/1". I must let you know that in the past i always had my laptop on sleep mode, as a result i missed some updates. Moreover, sometimes because i was in a hurry despite the fact that windows mentioned that i must not power off the laptop when installing updates, i did.

Thank you for your time and patience

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/395533-windows-keeps-installing-updates.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Dell Inspiron One gb memory - AMD Athlon II x u processor On I downloaded and successfully installed windows security updates On I thought I would run a Disk Windows installing updates not Cleanup Windows updates not installing since it had been a while On I received notice that important windows upates amp were ready to download and install After trying to do the install they both failed Many times I tried to no avail I then thought maybe the disk cleanup removed some file I needed for this process I then ran a system restore back to and prior Windows updates not installing to the disk cleanup It took about an hour for that process to complete but it did and now system runs a little slower but it runs Unfortunately the system restore did not Windows updates not installing solve the update install problem They still fail and I am in a loop now where they keep showing up and asking to be installed before shutdown I have tried a few fixes on my own Services -- where you reset the update services process No deal Microsoft FixIt tool No deal Troubleshoot problems - no deal Would taking it back to prior with system restore do any good Could some help be offered for this dilemma Thank you MWB premium and Avast Free anti-virus - also Malware anti-exploit free

A:Windows updates not installing

Thank you. I managed to get a solution from Microsoft so all is solved.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/3524/t/19682502
Relevancy 52.46%

i just got a used quad desktop, i think it has a fresh windows 7 install, as one of the updates was sp1 : windows keeps installing new updates ? is this normal ? i bought this computer 5 days ago, been through about 3 rounds of updates; i was playing a game yesterday when i had told the windows message to postpone the update installation for the max of 4 hrs, i got a blue screen during the game, i don't know if it was the game or the postponed updates; the computer seems fine , other than this situation; call of duty 4 (demo) crashed once, i restarted it in safe-mode and seems ok; what can i do ? thanks

A:windows keeps installing updates ?

how do i 'uninstall installed updates ' ? i checked the control panel, uninstall section , i didn't find any 'installed updates' ? windows keeps trying to install updates; discussion from google seach said to uninstall installed updates, then re-install 64-bit version of updates kb2647753; i can't find the installed updates, to uninstall them, before i install kb2647753 ? thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-keeps-installing-updates-684795.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I just downloaded and installed windows xp home updates on my computer. After installing, my computer restarted itself and now I can't log in. After I enter my password it says loading my settings and then promptly logs me off. I cant even log in from safe mode.

A:cant log on after installing windows updates

Hello and Welcome to TSF,

Do you have a genuine copy of xp home windows cd for the pc?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cant-log-on-after-installing-windows-updates-383765.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I'm trying to install some Windows updates but they just won't install. All it says is that some updates could not be installed and it lists the updates. Just for reference, the updates are:

Cumulative Security Update for ActiveX Killbits for Windows XP (KB950760)
Security Update for Windows XP with Windows Media Format Runtime 9.5 (KB923689)
Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework, Version 2.0 (KB928365)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB950762)
Security Update for Windows XP with Windows Media Format Runtime 9.5 and 11 (KB941569)
Update for Windows XP (KB942763)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB951698)
Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 7 for Windows XP (KB950759)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB951376)

Yes, this is a legit version and it is activated. I had no problem installing updates until a couple of weeks ago. Any suggestions?

A:Windows Updates Not Installing

Try this: http://wiki.lunarsoft.net/wiki/Dial-a-fixTick the following boxes:Fix Windows UpdatesStop ServicesRegister WUAU DLLsStart ServicesClick GoGoes without saying that you should ensure that you have recent backups or set system restore point, just in case, although this tool has never caused me any problems, just solved them

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/154040/windows-updates-not-installing/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello,
I have a dell e7250 laptop that refuses to install updates (specifically IE11 and it's prerequisites). I have ensured that the laptop is in the proper OU in AD to receive updates.  I have restarted the Windows Update service and run wuauclt
/resetauthorization /detectnow.  I have tried to install IE11 manually but it fails out as the prerequisites will not install.  I have been receiving code 80073701 and for IE 9C59.  My research shows that SP1 has been improperly installed
or is corrupted.  We would like to avoid rebuilding this machine from scratch as it is in a remote location. 

Does anyone have a solution other than wiping the machine and starting from scratch?

Thanks,
Leanna

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/3974d88b-bb5b-4017-b5ab-872f59149b10/windows-updates-not-installing?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 52.46%

Checking for available updates, I see there are 19 updates available. When I download and try to install them, I get the notorious BSOD after restarting the PC. Message:
Errorcode: c000021a(Fatal system Error) - The session Manager failed to create protected prefixes system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xc000003a (0x00000000 0x000000000).The system has been shut down.
After restart, Windows advices system recovery and when this is done, the PC works error free again.

Next, checking for updates, I see the same ones offered again...

Can anyone help to solve this please ?

A:Windows is always installing the same updates.

Please list the KBs of those 19 updates so I can look at the list. What version of 7 SP1 are you running?
Personally, I would not try to install all 19 at once. If one is for the kernel, that should be done by itself.
One kernel update was part of October's batch. I have 4 computers running Win 7 and I did that one by itself and saved it for last.

http://www.pchelpforum.com/windows-7-a/126890-windows-always-installing-same-updates.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi All I m not sure if I m in the right catagory for this question Slap my hands if I am I m far from being a computer Guru more or less a computer Dork I m using Win XP and ie explorer I under stand what Win updates are OK But am concerned about updating to service Pak because I have heard about a lot of problems with it and folks having to do a complete re install after updating etc I have had a icon in my task that keeps popping up and saying Up dates are ready for your computer Click icon to install these updates I have a fear that one of them may be Service Pak and I don t want to install it at this time I m also a afraid that it will start an Automaitc updates? windows Installing install of the updates I do have Service Pak that I ordered from MS but don t want to mess with it at this time either My question is Is there a way I can find out just what updates they before getting stuck with a Auto install I can t stop if I click on the icon As told by others I have went to Control Panel and opened WIn updates and it says I have Installing windows updates? updates Installing windows updates? ready for install but it doesn t say what they are Am open for any advice or Help how I find out what updates they are before installing them Thanks Anyone Swaneyjoe nbsp

Relevancy 52.46%

hello,I am having some issues with windows update. The last couple weeks every time i shut down my laptop, there is a message in the screen " installing updates 1/1". I must let you know that in the past i always had my laptop on sleep mode, as a result i missed some updates. Moreover, sometimes because i was in a hurry despite the fact that windows mentioned that i must not power off the laptop when installing updates, i did. Thank you for your time and patience

A:windows keeps installing updates

The hack that I am I'd system restore before that point. There's probably a smarter more elaborate way of doing things. When you do restore it will try to update again I think.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/612796/windows-keeps-installing-updates/
Relevancy 52.46%

Old laptop HP win7 32bit was not updated more than an year. Auto updating doesn't work so the only way is downloading the updates manually and installing  them using windows standalone installer one by one. So the computer works much better and faster but there blinking black screens that appear at starting. After the win logo few black blinking screens than black screen with cursor after that welcome screen than again blinking black screen and the computer starts and works fine. Same problem at shutting down. So my question is should i continue installing updates? Also i disabled avast twice to install net framework security updates. Thanks for any help.

A:installing too many windows updates

Install all the updates and keep current.  I've never had a problem with that practice with Windows 7, 8, or 10.  However I don't install optional updates except in very rare circumstances where I'm sure I need to.

Good luck. 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/605896/installing-too-many-windows-updates/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello all I thought I had an infection and had things check by Billy O'Neil. My topic. He recommended I come here.During the update process following Billy's request I could not get the following updates to install, neither as a bundle or individually. Security Update for Windows XP with Windows Media Format Runtime 9.5 and 11 (KB941569)Update for Windows XP (KB951978)Update for Windows Media Player 11 for Windows XP (KB939683)Security Update for Windows Media Player 11 for Windows XP (KB936782)Update for Windows Media Format 11 SDK for Windows XP (KB929399)

A:Windows Updates Not Installing

One of the following may help:KB 943144, Updates Not Installed From WinUpdate After Repair - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943144 PC Hell How to Fix Problem When Windows Updates Download But Won't Install - http://www.pchell.com/support/windows_upda...t_install.shtml You cannot install some updates or programs - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822798 Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/163778/windows-updates-not-installing/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi ,
All of a sudden , windows 7 SP1 (32bit) keep installing the same updates concerning MS Office 2007,
the updates are KB2760411 , KB2760583 , KB2760588 .
How could I fix it ? Any help appreciated ! ! !

A:windows keep installing the same updates

Microsoft is well aware of the issue and should offer a fix next week,

September 2013 Office Update Release - Office Sustained Engineering - Site Home - TechNet Blogs

You can leave the reoccurring updates in the queue or hide them, "ie" change the way you receive windows updates temporarily. Check for update but let me choose whether to download and install them.

Windows Update Settings - Change

How to Hide or Restore Hidden Windows Updates in Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/304665-windows-keep-installing-same-updates.html
Relevancy 52.46%

So, I've noticed that when I connect a new printer to the network via WiFi Windows 10 will automatically detect and add it to the list of installed printers. That seems nice except for the fact that the printer name includes numbers and letters that aren't related to the model name. I then go ahead and download/install the OEM package for the latest driver and utilities. That results in an icon with the correct name, however the first icon with the random letters and numbers persists. What I'd like to be able to do is prevent Windows 10 from auto-detecting WiFi printers to begin with. If that's not possible do you know if the extra icon in Devices and Printers can be deleted without affecting the correctly named instance?

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/53824-questions-about-installing-printers.html
Relevancy 52.46%

When installing new printers to a PC.. Is it profile specific or will it be the same no matter who logs in?

Talking about PC's that are on a domain... is it the same for local accounts then too?

A:Solved: Installing Printers

printers setups should be for all users by default.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-installing-printers.1043420/
Relevancy 52.46%

We re in the process of tweaking user right for increased security As part of that process we are removing Domain Users from the Local Administrators Group and placing it in the PowerUsers Group Additionally we are removing the Novell Client and installing the Zen Desktop Management Agent In the course of this work I ve found that installing a printer under one profile will not result in that printer being present under all profiles Even though I have access to the local admin group and my domain account also has admin rights I can install a printer logged in as local admin and then log in with my administrative domain account and the printer is not present Works the other way around too i e install under domain acct not present under local admin Also if another domain admin logs in the installed printer is not present Prior to this I ve been able to install printers under my profile and they will be present for any user Users for Printers Installing All Any thoughts on what the specific issue is Installing Printers for All Users and how to work around it will be appreciated I can install the printers Installing Printers for All Users when the user is logged in but that s more time consuming Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 52.46%

Does anyone know if it is possible to install the HP G55 and the HP V40 all in one machines on the same pc? I realize this seems pretty redundant but it's not by choice. The G55 is already installed and when trying to install the new V40 it says that I must uninstall the G55 software first. Anyway, any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks for reading.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/installing-two-very-similar-printers.96082/
Relevancy 52.46%

I have a need to install about 50 printers on multiple Windows 2000 or XP computers. They are all network printers and would be set up with individual IP address ports. By just having this many printers installed on a PC, will this affect overall performance of Windows? Can the installation of this many printers be automated in some way to make it easier to set up each PC? Does anyone know of a third party solution or utility that could be installed to manage this high number of printers?

Thanks in advance!

A:Installing multiple printers

It's a little pricey ($100 or so), but it's well worth the investment. Check out this link:

http://www.freedownloadscenter.com/Network_and_Internet/Network_Management_Tools/PrintMig.html

Basically you install all 50 (gasp!!) printers on one machine, then run this PrintMig utility in "backup" mode, and save the file to either a USB Thumbdrive or a network share, then go to each of the other PC's and run PrintMig in "restore" mode, and point it to the file you created before.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/installing-multiple-printers.504349/
Relevancy 52.46%

I installed 3 printers onto a machine that's used by only a single person. After so long, or on a reboot -- I haven't been able to isolate WHEN it happens, because I only get called after someone notices it -- they have new printers magically installed with similar names in addition to the 3 I originally installed. The user also can't set their default printer, and it's usually locked to one of the new "magic" printers.

Removing the magic printers resolves the issue temporarily, but I can't seem to make the fix stick.

Any suggestions? I'm having trouble with google giving me anything but instructions on how to install printers, as opposed to printers that are installing themselves...

A:Printers are being added without anyone installing them

Well...either someone is installing them...or there's a problem with the printer software.

How are these printers accessed/connected?

Exactly what procedures are you taking...to remove these hardware items?

Who has the capability to install new hardware?

Are these "phantom" printers...within the local environment of the area where the systems are?

If someone tries to install the drivers for a printer...that's already installed...the result can be a duplicate listing, with the new drivers typically causing the default to change, IME.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/490793/printers-are-being-added-without-anyone-installing-them/