Windows Support Forum

DVD-ROM not detected after firmware update...is there HOPE?!

Q: DVD-ROM not detected after firmware update...is there HOPE?!

I flashed my Toshiba slim-drive SD-C2502 DVD-ROM with the latest firmware from Dell's website.

After it didn't work and it gives me the IDE #1 error before booting to Windows XP. I know I can eject before the error message but after that, it just doesn't eject at all nor detected.

I tried flashing it again but there is no drive it can detect to flash it. From the past, it seems like no way but I was hoping I can force flash it perhaps?

Any other suggestions would be grateful.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: DVD-ROM not detected after firmware update...is there HOPE?!

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: DVD-ROM not detected after firmware update...is there HOPE?!

Heh. I hate to say it, but I think you're dead in the water. Up the river with no paddle so to speak. It sounds like you're going to have to replace the drive.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-rom-not-detected-after-firmware-update-is-there-hope.421018/
Relevancy 17.2%

AMD has launched their first WQHL-certified Catalyst graphics card driver update since December 2014, bringing a heap of new features and performance updates across the board, as well as the usual array of bug fixes.

Read more

A:AMD launches major GPU driver update: Catalyst 15.7 WHQL

I have played with the CFX and Freesync support on the Acer 1440p 144hz monitor. Works great and makes me want to actually own a Freesync monitor now...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-launches-major-gpu-driver-update-catalyst-15-7-whql.216359/
Relevancy 24.94%

I have a samsung np 350 laptop which has pre installed windows 8.The web cam was working fine till I reset the windows many of the installed softwares got deleted and from then on my web cam goes undetected for every possible software.Please help me with your valuable suggestions,,,Thank you

A:Webcam not detected

List any Problem devices

Make sure devices are connected and powered on
Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
If yes, click on it, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy it, Ctrl-V to paste into next post
On the other hand, if no devices are listed, tell me so
Also download and run USBDeview
> Click Edit->Select All
> File->Save Selected Items
> Click the Save As Type pulldown and change it to Tab Delimited Text
> Save the .txt file to your Desktop and attach to your next post

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/webcam-not-detected.192849/
Relevancy 24.51%

My samsung 16GB memory card is not getting detected in my laptop.
Even if I connect through my phone data card it's not detected. But it is working properly in my phone. I have been using it for 2 years.

A:Memory card is not getting detected in laptop

MerissaWalker said:

Have you tried it on other computers?Click to expand...

yes, even then it is not getting detected

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/memory-card-is-not-getting-detected-in-laptop.210753/
Relevancy 49.88%

I have a Razer BlackWidow keyboard Recently I downloaded and installed the latest version of Razer s Synapse on update keys swapped firmware Razer BlackWidow to try and fix this issue I was having with my Naga Lo and behold my Naga issues Razer firmware update swapped keys on BlackWidow were fixed but another problem emerged The new version of Synapse added support for the BlackWidow and also upgraded the firmware But after the upgrade my Windows and Alt keys have been swapped so when Razer firmware update swapped keys on BlackWidow I press one I get the other The only way I ve been able to fix it so far is to use SharpKeys to switch the keys back around but when I connect another keyboard that keyboard now has its Windows and Alt keys swapped It s not that big Razer firmware update swapped keys on BlackWidow of a deal but I do swap to a quieter keyboard late at night from time-to-time and I would really prefer to have it fixed without having to rely on a workaround like this I ve check around and I can t find any information about this issue and Razer s support website is completely useless as usual Likewise I haven t had any luck so far with downgrading the firmware either Does anybody have any idea on what I could do particularly other BlackWidow owners nbsp

A:Razer firmware update swapped keys on BlackWidow

Can't you just go into Synapse and assign the Windows key to the Alt key and vice versa? All the keys are programmable and hopefully this wouldn't affect your other keyboard.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/razer-firmware-update-swapped-keys-on-blackwidow.182990/
Relevancy 24.94%

Wow so I just received my new in the mail today and guess what it doesn t work Well here s what I did so far I uninstalled all nvidia graphics drivers which I used for my gso Rebooted to complete installation Disabled onboard video drivers Shut off computer Installed into motherboard Booted up Now I don t get any video from the card outputs itself so I used my onboard video output to log into windows I tried installing the CCC but the installation failed or something like that I check the device manager and there detected card not Graphics isn t any sign of the showing up Now I m a little scared and not sure what to do The appears to be powered cause my computer is x louder with that damn fan Its just that it won t be recognized by device manager and the drivers won t work Thanks guys Edit When I installed the I had to move the hard drive and cd sata cables from the first and second port to the third and forth ports Whenever I boot my POST says your system last boot fail or POST interrupted Please enter setup to load default and reboot again I press f to bypass this Also when I go into system for some reason it only detects GB of RAM I have bit windows lt -- it only started happening since the new graphics card was installed Reinstalled Windows same damn problem Also I m starting to think that the graphics card is defective as even the bios cannot recognize the card on boot And I believe that is the reason for the Graphics card not detected POST failing nbsp

A:Graphics card not detected

Also, when I go into system, for some reason it only detects 3.87 GB of RAM... I have 64 bit windows 7 <-- it only started happening since the new graphics card was installed.Click to expand...

That's probably because your onboard video is allocating some of it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-not-detected.167268/
Relevancy 17.2%

I have a Gateway NE56R and ever since I updated to windows 8.1 I cannot use the internet at home even though it says it is connected to WiFi, but it works at other places. Please help asap

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gateway-ne56r-wifi-doesnt-work-at-home-after-windows-8-1-update.212135/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hello I need urgent help with resolving this as I am trying to get the harddrive showing up or at least recover files by Hard Portable Drive External Slim detected Seagate PC not I was using it at school first and my computer froze so I shut down the Seagate Portable External Hard Drive Slim not detected by PC computer and restarted without safely removing Seagate Portable External Hard Drive Slim not detected by PC the hard drive at first the PC wouldnt reboot because I had it still plugged in after unplugging it and the PC loaded up it did not recognize the hard drive anymore I have tried it on several PCs including the one at home all using Windows and none of them recognize it I tried all USB ports on my PC and none of them work the light on the hard drive is ON so I know there is no connectivity issue I tried several free trial softwares even the ones by Seagate and none of them recognized the drive so I cannot use their tools for recovering files or detecting the hard drive When I check the Disk Management it does not show there When I check the Device Manager it does not show under USB controllers but it DOES show under Disk Drives I also checked and the drive is up to date The Model is BUP Slim BK In my quick launch the drive is recognized there and gives me the option to Eject it but it doesn t actually Eject it when I click on it it either stop responding or does nothing unless I manually unplug it EDIT After a really long time the Eject message says the device is already in use which is probably why it doesnt Safely eject nbsp

A:Seagate Portable External Hard Drive Slim not detected by PC

I am also having the same problem, as I need to get some stuff off my hard drive but it does not show up on any of it, was just wondering if you had found a way to fix this yet?
Kind Regards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/seagate-portable-external-hard-drive-slim-not-detected-by-pc.207640/
Relevancy 24.08%

I have just recently purchased my first graphics card in attempt to upgrade my computer into a gaming computer and I have been running into a few problems here and there. My graphics card which is an AMD Radeon HD 6350 512MB With Low Profile Bracket And DMS-59 Port (http://ecx.imagesamazon.com/images/I/51XfYIEq1OL._SY355_.jpg) . My computer is just not detecting it whatsoever.
please help D;

A:Emachines et1161-07 graphic card not detected

Please provide specifications for computer? Provide information on Make and Model of computer, or please provide list of parts (including the make and model of each main part) Can not give any help without knowing what we are working with.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/emachines-et1161-07-graphic-card-not-detected.211122/
Relevancy 17.63%

The impending launch of DirectX 12 is one of the more exciting things to happen in PC gaming in recent years. Many people are eager to see how the low level API will improve the performance of games that implement...

Read more

A:You can now test DirectX 12 yourself with latest 3DMark update

This is way windows is doomed. DirectX 12 should be available for win 7-10, but MS is so greedy, they cant seem to understand why they are disliked and windows will evientaly be destroyed by Google. Just look at there market share. I betting big on SteamOS, and once it takes off, I will take the jump. Windows is now to bloated, and with greed, I hope all backers back Vulkan. DX12 on Win 10 only has officially broke the camel back.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/you-can-now-test-directx-12-yourself-with-latest-3dmark-update.210768/
Relevancy 25.37%

My TV is not detected by my computer. It's plugged in through an HDMI cable. Under screen resolution after I click detect it states that another display is not detected (I've tried after unplugging my monitor). It's not the cable nor TV's fault because I used both with an old computer running Windows 8 with no problems. I've tried using different ports on the TV (my computer only has one port).

Specs
Windows 8.1 64-bit
i7-4790k
8 gb RAM
R9 285x

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/tv-not-detected.210760/
Relevancy 17.2%

A while ago, after accidentally opening the Store app, Windows forced me to restart to install Windows 8.1, which I was unable to weeks before because of driver issues. I didn't need Windows 8.1 yet, so I didn't download it before then.

However, during the installation, it failed (again) due to either my antivirus or the aforementioned driver issues. Upon logging back in, my computer was unable to find any WiFi networks. Seeing as I live in the middle of a densely populated city, this isn't possible. Plugging in an ethernet cord still works, so no issues with that adapter or my home internet. I checked all the drivers for my WiFi adapter, and my Ethernet adapter, and both are up to date and display as working properly. Restarting several times didn't seem to fix this issue, and using system restore didn't seem to work either. I used the Troubleshooting tool, and that didn't give my any helpful advice or answers, so I got nothing.

What can I do to fix this issue?

For reference, I have a Broadcom 802.11ac Network Adapter, Driver Version 6.30.95.14, and a Qualcomm Atheros AR8151 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller, Driver Version 2.1.0.7.

A:Unable to connect to WiFi after failed Windows 8.1 update

Never mind, it seems to have resolved itself overnight after I put it to sleep for several hours.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-connect-to-wifi-after-failed-windows-8-1-update.210268/
Relevancy 24.94%

Good Day My laptop is a HP - notebook I run a LinuxMint cinnamon Rebecca bit O S I have quot cheese quot amp VLC available for webcam operation However I cannot get either to correctly active operate the integrated webcam I will try to provide as much detail as I can then I have a few questions and demands Every once-in-a-while the isn't detected/operating Webcam webcam will operate through quot cheese quot albeit for only seconds to about - minutes Then it shuts down and error reports quot No Device Found quot or quot Error Playing Video quot In VLC it s error reports quot VLC is unable to open the MRL v l Check the log for details quot I ve even tried guvcview and it s error report is quot check for correct drivers quot Webcam isn't detected/operating I ve Webcam isn't detected/operating been to on just about every Linux Ubuntu forum I can find I ve been to on HP Linux forum Have multiple postings at those forums dealing with Webcam isn't detected/operating this issue and as yet all efforts have been futile I getting the impression I have driver quot issues but I cannot ascertain what drivers I need from Linux nor why they are not in the kernel We know the webcam is operable works so we can rule out hardware I m completely baffled as to how it will operate so intermittently How I get a different error report from each software app I e VLC cheese guvcview PLEASE don t tell me to go to Linux Ubuntu Please don t tell me to go to HP I ve have all but exhausted those avenues Forgive me if this post is not in the proper forum Tell me and I ll post to the correct forum and delete this here Should you need any other info please request specifically what you want need and I ll be glad to forward post it Rick nbsp

A:Webcam isn't detected/operating

Not to say that this is the Wrong place to put it, it is definitely a Laptop/Mobile computing issue, but not everyone knows Linux systems, I myself am not a Linux user and don't fully understand how to use it, so I will suggest posting the exact same stuff (Just copy the info and make a new thread) and post here:
http://www.techspot.com/community/forums/the-alternative-os.16/

For the Title, just add "Linux" at the end or something so that users can identify quickly and not have to read through the full post Best of luck with your issue, wish I could help more.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/webcam-isnt-detected-operating.208223/
Relevancy 24.94%

For some reason my Inspiron 5537 laptop intermittently chooses not to detect the DVD/CD rom drive. Discs can be read in the drive at random times, but usually I'm not able to use this drive. When checking the setup utility F2 . . . I noticed that the SATA ODD is not detected. Just yesterday it was detected (no changes were made to the computer during that interval). Is this a driver issue? I would appreciate any help in troubleshooting.

A:(SATA ODD) not detected

It's a recent model so if it's under warranty I'd make use of it. You could try uninstalling the device in System Properties, Device Manager. Restart the laptop and see if the drive is detected with the default Windows drivers. Dell computers are well designed for maintenance and you could remove the drive and then reconnect it in case it's loose. That's most likely done by removing the battery, undoing one or two screws on the bottom and sliding out the optical drive.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sata-odd-not-detected.208320/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hello guys,
This is my first thread here, and my english is not that good also, so excuse me for any mistakes
I have my Prestigio PC for a 5 years and there were no problems. But today when I started the PC, a error occured.
On starting screen(American Megatrends GUI) there was written: "Primary IDE Slave: Not Detected" and after a few seconds my screen went black and "reboot and select proper Boot device or insert boot media into selected boot device and press a key" message appeared.
So I thought that I will just need to put my Win 7 CD to the CD-ROM, but then I found out I lost it while we were moving.
My BIOS is also saying that Primary IDE Slave is not detected
Is there any way to solve this problem? Is there any way to boot Win from USB?
Thank you for answers

Have a nice day!

A:Primary IDE Slave Not Detected on Windows 7 Ultimate

Open up the computer, check that the cables are properly 'seated' (pushed in all the way) on the drive and on the motherboard. I know you said it has worked for several years, but for it not to boot with the Primary IDE Slave not connected the only way that makes sense for this to happen is if the optical drive is jumpered to Master and the hard drive itself to Slave. That is a bit unusual. You typically would have your hard drive as Master and the optical as Slave. It doesn't really matter, as evidenced by it working in the past, it just isn't a 'normal' setup.

If the cables are seated properly (power and data), your drive could have failed.. 5 years is a decent lifespan for a hard drive.

You can make a bootable USB for Windows 7, although you can't without a working computer.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/primary-ide-slave-not-detected-on-windows-7-ultimate.207604/
Relevancy 17.63%

Updated my hardware drivers including the wireless adapter, and something must have gotten changed as I can not connect to wifi anymore on HP Notebook G72-253NR with Windows 7.

Flushed winsock, released/renewed ipconfig and deleted/reinstalled adapter. Can meanwhile connect thru Ethernet cable again but not wifi. Finds my wifi network (previously didn't) but can't connect, don't have tcp/ip addresses in LAC or wireless properties, automatically obtain is enabled. IPv4/6 enabled in both also.

Getting message of "HOST Process was prevented from changing settings of ZoneAlarm by modifying registry key HKCS/Services/VSDATANT? at initial startup.

"COM surrogate was prevented from changing settings of ZoneAlarm by modifying registry key HKCS/services/vsdatant" whenever I simply access/exit ip protocol settings.

How can I fix this? My brain is fried after several DAYS of trying to fix my friends computer... Please someone help!

A:Can't connect to wifi after hardware driver update

Call your ISP they will walk you through it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-connect-to-wifi-after-hardware-driver-update.206983/
Relevancy 33.54%

Hi all,

EEPROM is a hardware piece that the BIOS (which is a code) is inside it. What about some piece named firmware? Is there any independent device named firmware in PC? If so, what does it do?

A:EEPROM, BIOS & firmware

A firmware is a structure code, embedded and instructed written languages that is designed by programmer to communicate with devices attached to the particular device. Most especially of our input devices has firmware inside talk of mouse, keyboard, flash drive e.t.c

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/eeprom-bios-firmware.206033/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hi,

I bought a laptop this time 2 years ago. Suddenly wile watching a hd film in bed my laptop over heated and then crashed. So I waited then booted up again and now my good graphics card is not working
It is not being detected in device manager at all. Does anyone know how to fix this?

some details on laptop and graphics card. cost me a good bita dosh so would like to get it fixed
Chassis & Display Vortex Series: 17.3" Matte Full HD LED Widescreen (1920x1080)
Processor (CPU) Intel® Core?i7 Quad Core Mobile Processor i7-3840QM (2.80GHz) 8MB
Memory (RAM) 32GB KINGSTON HYPER-X GENESIS 1600MHz SODIMM DDR3 (4 x 8GB)
Graphics Card AMD® Radeon® HD 7970M - 2GB DDR5 Video RAM - DirectX® 11

A:Laptop Graphics card suddenly not detected

Ouch if the laptop over heats and shuts down and not recognized again it could actually be physical damage to the video card. Another way to test if the video card has completely failed is by plugging an external monitor into the display port on the laptop. It could connect via hdmi, vga, or possibly display port. If a picture appears on the monitor then it could possibly be software related if you dont see a picture the video card has failed for sure. If it has failed you will more than likely have to replace the motherboard. In rare chance the video card may not be intergrated to motherboard but I doubt it. If you know someone that could whats called (re-flow) the video card

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-graphics-card-suddenly-not-detected.206677/
Relevancy 23.65%

My 320 GB Seagate external hard drive is detected but not showing up in my computer. What should I do?

In cmd> diskpart> list volume it does not show up. (screenshot attached)

In Device Manager it gets detected. (screenshot attached)

In disk management it shows up as 'unallocated'. If I initialize it, will I lose all data on the drive? It had 4 partitions. (screenshot attached)

In My Computer also it does not show up. (screenshot attached)
Even BIOS recognizes it.

What to do? I don't want to lose any data on the drive. If I initialize it in device manager will I lose data?

I was installing window XP on my computer, usually I remove the external drive but this time I did not. The external drive was shown as 4 drives in partition manager during installation. But the installation failed. The next time I was installing windows again, the external drive was shown as 1 single unknown or unrecognized drive. I'm not sure if it was unknown or unrecognized. I'm sure I didn't format it. So what I need to do now? I don't want to lose any data.

A:Seagate external hard drive not showing up in my computer. It is detected.

Yes, if you initialize it you will 'lose' everything. You will want to try something like [email protected] Recovery or maybe Easeus Partition Recovery.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/seagate-external-hard-drive-not-showing-up-in-my-computer-it-is-detected.205926/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hi Frnds

I hav a Toshiba 1 TB external HDD. It was working fyn till today. Now it is not showing in My Computer or Disk Management. It does make the sound when I connect or disconnect it from the laptop. and the HDD light remains on.

Please advise how to fix this

Thanks

A:Toshiba external USB hard drive not detected in any laptop

Go under the Device Manager and uninstall all the USB Controllers then reboot your PC don't connect the 1 TB just yet. Make sure nothing is connect to those ports like a keyboard or mouse otherwise they'll lockup. Once rebooted Windows will rebuild the table for USB Controllers. Now you should be all set. Unless you have some sort of conflict with IRQ or Registry setting. There is a free app called USBDVIEW what you would do is disconnect from all non-disconnected USB devices that are stored on the PC these settings can cause all sort of issues.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-external-usb-hard-drive-not-detected-in-any-laptop.173740/
Relevancy 18.06%

CPU:AMD FX-8320
Motherboard:ASUS M5A97 R2.0

I hardly know anything about the BIOS so I am asking you this:
Will I need to update my BIOS and if so how to do that?
Am I going to update it to the latest version(2103) or the version when the processor was first compatible(1006)?

Please help, I do not want to make a mistake when updating so please provide a detailed explanation ! ! !

A:BIOS update

Some might say updating the BIOS is not worth the risk unless you have a reason to chance it. On the other hand I've never had a BIOS update go badly. BIOS updates are not that difficult to do. But there is always a risk of the update failing. In the off chance of failure, the motherboard will be bricked. There are motherboards that come with a second BIOS for failsafe. I don't know if the failsafe can be used under a bricked board, I will assume it can until I hear otherwise.

There are three ways to update that I am aware of. All of which may not be available depending on motherboard model and age of system.

Within the Operating System (I've used this method but for awhile it was advised against)
You will need to download BIOS Update application. The application will download and install the new BIOS.

Within the BIOS
Within the BIOS there is an update facility. You will only need the new BIOS. (My BIOS will only update from a USB stick.)

From DOS utility
Not only will you need to download the new BIOS, you will need to download the flash utility that is designed for the update.

I recommend updating from within the BIOS (assuming you have this option). Download the new BIOS to a USB stick and then boot into the BIOS. Browse around to find the update facility and the rest is self explanatory.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bios-update.198931/
Relevancy 17.63%

Hi there
need to know if I can upgrade my graphics card for upgrade to windows 7.
current graphic card:ati radeon 9200 se 128mb ddr tvo
computer :fujitsu siemens scaleo 600
motherboard :microstar ms-6585 2.oa
power supply:dc output 250w
thanks so much.
learner1

A:Graphics card update to host windows 7

I don't know if you CAN upgrade your graphics card, but:

You most likely don't NEED to.
It's not really a good idea to upgrade at all. Those parts are old as dirt and you won't find anything cheap that'll fit.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-update-to-host-windows-7.202568/
Relevancy 24.94%

I have a Fujitsu Siemens Amilo S Series Si 2636 laptop with built-in webcam 1.3 MPixel and I am using Windows 7 Ultimate. I've been using it with no problems so far but when I just wanted to make a video call notice it's not working." Webcam not detected" and when I tried to look it up in search it wasn't found. What is the problem? What should I do? Please help me

I have the same problem ... and I cant use it ??? why

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/webcam-not-detected.173759/
Relevancy 21.5%

Yesterday, I started a download and kept the pc on with my Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex External HDD 1TB plugged in. After I woke up I realized that there was a power cut and the computer went off unexpectadly (I had no UPS or any backup system).And, I found that my Ext HDD was not seen in my computer anymore (It was working perfectly until before I went to bed).
In device manager, under 'Disks' it shows 'GoFlex Hard Disk', but in BIOS or Disk Manager there is no sign of this HDD.

I really need the data in the HDD badly. Please help me recover it.
P.S. I read somewhere that keeping the HDD in freezer might help and give a little more time. Is that true? Worth the risk?

A:External HDD gets detected in Device Manager but not Disk Manager or seen in 'My Computer'

Power outage probably killed something in the enclosure or its PSU. The drive in the enclosure is probably fine. I would remove the drive from the enclosure and put it in a dock or install it in a desktop computer before considering freezing it. Freezing is usually reserved for click of death drives, and a last ditch effort.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/external-hdd-gets-detected-in-device-manager-but-not-disk-manager-or-seen-in-my-computer.201343/
Relevancy 24.94%

My SSD is not detected in BIOS but when I run the windows CD it does recognize it as a partition. I just can't format and reinstall it, the windows message says it's because BIOS not detecting it. Anyone else experienced this or know the solution?

My MOBO is a gigabyte GA-Z87-D3HP

A:SSD not detected in new MOBO

Did you delete the existing partition? If you delete all partitions on the drive, you should end up with all unallocated space, then you should be able to format, or just tell Windows to install on the drive and it will format it. BTW a "full" format is recommended in this situation (instead of a "quick" format), even though it's a lot slower, especially if you had Windows on it before (Google it for the long explanation why). Also try a different SATA cable and port if possible, cables can go bad.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ssd-not-detected-in-new-mobo.200188/
Relevancy 17.63%

I have no idea why this happened, after the update none of the ports on my computer work after booting into windows. bios was updated before this and all was fine. checked in bios if ports were enabled. still no joy. help!!!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/all-usb-and-ps-2-ports-dead-after-msi-motherboard-driver-update.200108/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hi guys,

I have a Toshiba Satellite C870 and I can't seem to get the webcam working! I have updated to the latest drivers but I can't even seem to find it in device management... Does this mean that it could possibly be a hardware problem? Thank you in advance for all information that could help me find the solution!

Not a cure, but try this link. http://www.testwebcam.com/
then click allow in the box. If it works & is aimed at you, you should see yoursef. Good luck.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/webcam-not-detected.199125/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hello the product code of my laptop is HP B U PA ACJ windows bit I have built HP not 430 webcam laptop detected in camera It was working nicely at starting but since one year now its not working whenever I open my cyberlink youcam I get this error quot no webcam detected try plugging in a webcam into your computer now if you are using an integrated camera make sure that is turned on quot I tried re installing but it didnt work I checked my device manager The snap short of the same is below I entered msinfo in the run In components gt problem devices The following list appears- Ethernet Controller PCI VEN EC amp DEV amp SUBSYS C amp REV amp amp amp E The drivers for this device are not installed Not Available ROOT WPD The drivers for this device are not installed Not Available ROOT WPD The drivers for this device are not installed Not Available ROOT WPD The drivers for this device are not installed Not Available ROOT WPD The drivers for this device are not installed Not Available ROOT WPD The drivers for this device are not installed Not Available ROOT WPD The drivers for this device are not installed Not Available ROOT WPD The drivers for this device are not installed Not Available ROOT WPD The drivers for this device are not installed Not Available ROOT WPD The drivers for this HP 430 laptop webcam not detected device are not installed Not Available ROOT WPD The drivers for this device are not installed Not Available ROOT WPD The drivers for this device are not installed Not Available ROOT WPD The drivers for this device are not installed Not Available ROOT WPD The drivers for this device are not installed Not Available ROOT WPD The drivers for this device are not installed Not Available ROOT WPD The drivers for this device are not installed PCI Device PCI VEN EC amp DEV amp SUBSYS C amp REV amp amp amp E The drivers for this device are not installed nbsp

A:HP 430 laptop webcam not detected

By default, Device Manager shows a device if it's connected and powered on.
> None of those hardware IDs are your web cam
> Look through Dev Manager under imaging device, USB devices and see if any "Other" device entries. Anything look like your cam? Any line item with a yellow icon (Other then the Ethernet and Network controller devices)

If not, then check if any way to power/on off the cam. Any on/off functions or switches on your laptop for the cam. If not, the cam must have failed. Unfortunately, I see alot of that problem on this forum

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-430-laptop-webcam-not-detected.199164/
Relevancy 24.94%

Sir, my 500 GB Portable Seagate Hard drive is not being detected anymore in My Computer but it shows up id Disk Management. When I start disk management, it tries to initialize my portable drive but reports an I/O error. Also it shows my hard drive as an unallocated and unknown device. Is there any way I can get my disk back to use without losing my datas in it?

A:Hard drive not detected

Not very likely, at least not easily. Try it with another computer before you do anything further. Also try a different USB cable.

If those both fail, you might have some luck breaking open the case and getting at the drive itself and then placing that in an external dock..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hard-drive-not-detected.199143/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hello,

I'm running Windows 7 on a Toshiba and recently encountered a problem. When I answer a skype call, I can see and hear my friend. But my friend was unable to hear or see me. I have checked the skype settings and Control Panel. Apparently the two built in mic and camera were not detected at all.
I've attached the diagnostic file which I observed was requested for in other threads.

Please help, much appreciated.
Regards!

A:Not detected - Microphone and Webcam

I've never used Skype, but it sounds to me like the problem is with your friend, not you. Have your friend check his/her settings & make sure your friend has the most current version of Skype.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/not-detected-microphone-and-webcam.198378/
Relevancy 24.94%

I bought a hard disk around 3 months ago. While watching a video today, it stopped working. It is not neing shown in My Computer or in Disk Management. But it appears in Devices and Printers.
Please help as there was some important stuff in it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hard-disk-not-being-detected.198069/
Relevancy 24.51%

hi,
Im using a verizon wirleess USB modem (verizon wireless usb551l). It has been working fine for the last month, all of a sudden i start getting this

"windows has detected an ip address conflict"

Ive spoken to verizon, we were nice enough to allow me to get a new device after we spent an hour troubleshooting and still the same problem. Im connected for about 8 minutes then i disconnect and get the pop up with the error. I have been told that i have a windows 7 issue. Im not sure where to look or what do to? any help would be great, thanks in advance

ive tried resetting the IP address, reinstalled software. idk what else to do!

A:Windows has detected an IP address conflict

Where did you reset the IP address? I mean in which device did you reset the IP address?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-has-detected-an-ip-address-conflict.179937/
Relevancy 24.51%

I've been working on this webcam issue of mine for about the past five hours now. I've literally gone through, deleted off Lifeframe, Virtual Camera, Smart Logon, downloaded the drivers and keep getting an error "USB2.0 UVC VGA/1.3m/2.0M WebCam" every time I try running any of the drivers for it. I'm frustrated because I just installed a new one thinking my old one was perhaps defective. I've checked BIOS and haven't seen anything in reference to webcam, there's no imaging devices section in my Device Manager and I'm just completely confused as to what the heck is wrong.

If I can put any more information to be more assisting in my issue I will but for now this is all I've got.

A:Asus G73jh Webcam Not Detected

You could invest in one of these:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826193044

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-g73jh-webcam-not-detected.191948/
Relevancy 33.11%

There is a post here about the good old ADAPTEC 1205SA card. But the links in the article do not work. No difference between 1205 and 1210? I know 1210SA is an old card. But on the website of silicon image, chipset 3112 (3112A) has support for windows 7 64bit. I've tried the update utility provided by silicon image site. Be DOS mode, so is Windows. Does not recognize the card as being from Silicon Image. Looking at the card, I saw that the chipset BIOS supports. AM29LV010B-90EC. Does anyone know if there is a possibility of that? What right utility to use? Or if there is a 64-bit driver that works on that card? Thank you.

A:Adaptec 1210SA firmware Silicon Image?

Does anyone know?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/adaptec-1210sa-firmware-silicon-image.197828/
Relevancy 24.08%

Apollo Imation 500GB 2.5" HDD is not detected. Usual fixes not applicable. It can be found in Disk management as Unallocated Or Under Device mgmt as one of the Disk drives. Please help how to retrieve my information.

Thanks in advance.

A:Apollo Imation 500GB 2.5" HDD is not detected in Win 7

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it appears that since windows is seeing the hard drive, but not it's partitions - that something has messed up the file allocation table on the drive. Hopefully there's not something physically wrong with the drive. Some data recovery software should be able to "see" the data that windows cannot. I use a program called UFS Explorer ( http://www.ufsexplorer.com/index.php ) it works really well for drives that have data, but windows cannot see them. There are other data recovery programs/software out there, UFS Explorer is just what I am familiar with.

Hope this helps, take care!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/apollo-imation-500gb-2-5-hdd-is-not-detected-in-win-7.195183/
Relevancy 33.54%

Not sure if posting in the right place, but hope someone can help. I have a dlink dsl 2780 and a huawei hg533, I am wanting to put custom firmware on them both but not sure which one is best. after looking about I am all most sure they have broadcom chipsets in them. which dd-wrt says it will work on most broadcoms and also something called tomato. or will I be better using something else. thank you to anyone who offers advice.

A:Custom router firmware

Check the ddwrt compatibility list. If your router(s) are on that, then use ddwrt. I've ran it on 2 routers and been very pleased.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/custom-router-firmware.194938/
Relevancy 24.08%

I am having a 650GB Samsung Hard Disk. Once I was transferring files from the hard disk to my PC and lights went out. Now when I connect my hard disk it is not being detected though it shows up in the Disk Management menu. I have tried formatting the HDD but it shows time remaining as 300 hours so I had to stop it midway. Is any other solution available for it...??? Please help...!!!

A:Samsung 650GB External Hard Disk Not Being Detected

If you feel confident enough, Open it up and remove the hard drive from inside the enclosure and fit it directly in to your pc.

This will help determine if the hard drive or enclosure is to blame.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/samsung-650gb-external-hard-disk-not-being-detected.194072/
Relevancy 18.06%

I cannot know how the bios update so I need some help for the how the bios update.I want to install the newest driver but I can't figure out how the driver is in a .02 file and I can't make heads or tails of it can anyone help me?

A:How to update BIOS

astar master said:

I cannot know how the bios update so I need some help for the how the bios update.I want to install the newest driver but I can't figure out how the driver is in a .02 file and I can't make heads or tails of it can anyone help me?Click to expand...

please post the brand/model of your motherboard... I.e.: ecsg41-tm; intel dh55tc; asrock z77 extreme4

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-update-bios.192864/
Relevancy 33.54%

Hello first all my native language is Dutch so sorry for any strange sentences I SSD firmware Updating Micron have problems with my computer Every hour roughly my computer freezes or restarts Every now and then I get a blue screen F When I get a blue screen my SSD is gone from Updating firmware Micron SSD the bios I get an error when starting up So I have to reset my bios to default standards where my SSD turns up again I read through the internet and saw that micron SSD s have problems which looks like mine I have a C -MTFDDAK MAM There is an update for the firmware but im unsure which one to install I tried Micron H SSDFirmwareUpdate Signed exe but that is a wrong one apparently cause I get an error when trying to update When starting up it says that GRLDR MBR cannot be found Luckily my pc still starts up but no update is done Im afraid to just try any other one I also read something about disabling Marvel raid and unplugging the other harddrive but my technical expertise is not that high I dont have raid Can someone help me please Thanks in advance Martin nbsp

A:Updating firmware Micron SSD

Ok first stupid mistake made. I started the updater from my data disk and not the SSD.

It did do "something" but at the end it said there was no SSD to upgrade...

What now?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/updating-firmware-micron-ssd.192742/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hi,

I have had an Iomega external hard for a year now and it used to work perfectly, until suddenly, my computer (Mac) won't detect it anymore.

When I turn it on, the blue light comes on and I can hear the disk spinning inside, but there is no trace of any external device connected to my mac. I've connected through USB and Firewire with no success. Going to disk utility, only my internal hard drive appears.

It simply just stopped showing up on my computer. Does anybody have any advice to get my hard drive working again?

A:Iomega External Hard Drive stopped being detected

Try a different usb & firewire port physically on your mac & try a different cable. If no dice try it on a different mac or even on a PC, see if the other computer detects it. many times w/ external hard drives the enclosure fails but the drive is ok. worse case scenario the enclosure is bad & you can remove drive to put in another enclosure, or the whole thing could be hosed. try this, post back. thanks!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/iomega-external-hard-drive-stopped-being-detected.192596/
Relevancy 18.06%

Do you have to update or change the Motherboard to update the processor?

I have a Pentium 4 processor 548, 3.33GHz, 1MB L2 cache, 533MHz front side bus. Can one "Plug and Play" so to speak with an updated processor to the same Motherboard?

A:Motherboard/Processor update

Your CPU socket is PPGA478, P4 is the highest CPU this socket will support.

Even with LGA775 CPU socket, unless you had a motherboard that would support quad core, there would be little reason to upgrade over a complete system replacement.

In answer to your question to "Plug and Play", yes and no. Yes CPU's are basically plug and play, and No the motherboard must support the CPU first.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motherboard-processor-update.192561/
Relevancy 18.06%

Hey guys, I've attempted a bios update through this website and I've been left with this sitting on my desktop for two days and the loading bar has not moved an inch.
I tried to update the BIOS because for the last few weeks when my computer is booting the screen would go blank and just stay blank and I would have to keep resetting until it would finally boot. I was hoping a bios update would do the trick otherwise I would not have bothered.

Im worried if I exit out or shut-down my computer I could corrupt my BIOS. Any ideas?..

A:Bios update help

I would exit and maybe try again. Thats the download phase which has nothing to do with the actual update process. The download will complete, before any attempts to update will begin. Updating the BIOS can be very risky, updating would never be handicapped by possible problems of downloading.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bios-update-help.192433/
Relevancy 18.06%

Hellow guys again ,, hello the best website ever !!!
I jus wanna ask about something ,, Earlier I mentioned something about upgrading my processor to core 2 duo ,, now ive done that but when ever I start my computer ,, this msg shows up !
""" 1801 - microcode update Error
Missing or invalid processor microcode update. please contact hewlett-packard company for a new microcode update to support the new processor stepping """
Any help ?
HP compaq dx7300 microtower is my pc and Intel core 2 duo E4500 @2.20GHz is the new processor.
Many thanks in advance

A:Microcode update Error ?

Have you tried contacting HP concerning it?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microcode-update-error.191974/
Relevancy 24.94%

Having some trouble with the built-in webcam I have on my laptop. I bought it used from a friend (it's a custom built laptop), and am only having this problem recently. I believe I've uploaded the correct info, if I understood the directions. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Any CD come with it? If not, I'd suggest going to the manufacturers website of the webcam & get any updates for it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/webcam-not-detected.191825/
Relevancy 17.2%

A few months ago I updated my MSI Z A-GD to the latest BIOS quot vP quot which is still the latest settings Z68A-GD55 update won't MSI overclocking changes allow to BIOS after version on MSI s website as of today Since updating to this version the UEFI BIOS screen is totally different the layout has been changed entirely I was able to find the overclocking settings quickly but since the update the board will not allow me to change many settings All CPU Memory chipset voltage adjustments CPU ratio adjustments bclock adjustments etc are all either greyed MSI Z68A-GD55 won't allow changes to overclocking settings after BIOS update out and cannot be selected at all or they are set to quot Auto quot and that is the only available option for them This is a solid overclocking motherboard from what I ve heard online and I m running a K series CPU k so I m really perplexed as to why I can t even adjust the supposedly unlocked CPU ratio on my k I USED to be able to use these settings before the BIOS flash Also I can t seem to find anyone online who s having a similar problem as me As it stands now the only overclocking I can do is with MSI s quot OC Genie II quot which basically automatically overclocks for me I think this is totally ridiculous why is MSI s automated tool allowed to touch these settings when I can t modify them manually Anyone have any idea what s going on My first thought was that maybe there is a setting somewhere in the BIOS that must be enabled first in order to open up the overclocking settings but I searched far and wide and couldn t find one Any help would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:MSI Z68A-GD55 won't allow changes to overclocking settings after BIOS update

Yeah, I think there is a setting somewhere that is checked to auto. Try exploring all the tabs of the BIOS screen and report back if you find anything.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/msi-z68a-gd55-wont-allow-changes-to-overclocking-settings-after-bios-update.191535/
Relevancy 34.4%

I have a dell deminsion 8300 desktop with windows xp sp3 2002 home edition with a intel pentium 4, 2.6ghz, 4 gb of ram a 300 w power supply, I currently have a dieing nvidia gforce fx 5200 or 5300 and I recently bought a his agp radeon ifan native hd 4350 video card and I dont even get a post screen I have updated my bios to rev. A07 still nothing I have even tryed updating drivers I am so hoping that it is compatible

A:I spent all my money on this with no hope

Have you set the BIOS to use the AGP slot as your graphical interface. If the BIOS is set to IGP, then it will never look for graphics in the AGP slot.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-spent-all-my-money-on-this-with-no-hope.191406/
Relevancy 18.06%

Hello! I'm new here at Tech Spot. This is a great website.

Where can I get a copy of the newest BIOS update for my motherboard?

Model: Asus P5GD1-VM Motherboard
Version: 0602
Chipset: I915
Date: 09/06/2005-16:48:11
Onboard Sound: Azalia (swa)
Onboard LAN: Exist (wl)
BIOS Size: 512 K
BIOS Type: AMI

I downloaded all BIOS .ROM files in the official website of Asus. But it weren't compatible with the BIOS to be flashed.

Please help me! Thank you very much in advanced!

A:Motherboard BIOS update

The latest BIOS for your board is version 1015. It's not necessary to load each BIOS in order, just load the latest. To load the BIOS you must copy it to a floppy disc and rename it P5GD1-VM.ROM If you didn't rename it, that's why it won't load. On the same Asus download page, you can get the user manual for your board, which goes into detail how to reflash the BIOS. It can render your motherboard un-bootable if you do it wrong, so I would read the manual before attempting it again, and follow instructions carefully.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motherboard-bios-update.191021/
Relevancy 24.94%

Help Please!

Our Printer has decided not to work - have uninstalled it and re-installed it but the computer will not recognise it. I should say I am not very techy-minded but usually can manage this but fter following all the instructions etc there's something not righ, and I dont know what!

it is a kodak 7250 an connected via wi-fi. It is connected to the wi-fi network, same one as the computer but the computer does not detect the printer.

have followed all the instructions via kodak website and other places and am beginning to lose the plot with it now. [would love to chuck the thing in the blooming pond!!!]

anyone any ideas?

A:Printer not detected!

Ok, I'm not panicking now. think I have sorted it out now. (something to do with the IP address, device manager and the spooler service (?!?) lol.)
anyway got one computer connected anyhow, so will do for now.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/printer-not-detected.190989/
Relevancy 17.63%

Hi I m a new member I recently decided to build my first PC Parts were Asrock Z Extreme MoBo Intel i K - LGA DDR Single stick GB G-Skill GeForce GTX GD OC Seagate Barracuder SATA TB w PSU Now for the problem - BIOS error Extreme update Z77 4 Asrock I installed everything correctly and got to POST so I decided to follow most Internet forum instructions to update my BIOS so I did so over the Internet flash update from the AsRock BIOS setup The problems arose after trying to update it via the Internet Now the motherboard won t even get to POST or show any signs or working Asrock Extreme 4 Z77 - BIOS update error on a monitor the fans for ten graphics card CPU and chassis all work the PSU is working fine But the Dr Debug is showing the status code which states in the description is that it is quot not used quot I don t know what to do iv taken out the graphics card and tried still the same disconnected everything except the socket and all pins are fine on the PCIe slots and RAM Any help would be appreciated ps I have a spare Gigabyte gt GB hanging round and was wondering if I can get the MoBo to work will it be worth sticking the in with the for any improvements however slight until I can afford another for SLI nbsp

A:Asrock Extreme 4 Z77 - BIOS update error

"Now the motherboard won't even get to POST or show any signs or working on a monitor" You might be able to get the motherboard to respond by removing the battery for a few minutes. If not, the motherboard may need to be replaced

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asrock-extreme-4-z77-bios-update-error.188524/
Relevancy 17.63%

Hi guys I am looking to upgrade my graphics card this christmas and was looking at moving up to a http www amazon co uk Asus-GeForc update card needed Graphics help s computers amp ie UTF amp qid amp sr - from a http www geforce com hardware Graphics card update help needed desktop-gpus geforce-gt- -channel My system specs are as follows Operating system Windows Home Premium x Service Pack build Install Language English United States System Locale English United Graphics card update help needed Kingdom Installed System Model Hewlett-Packard HP Compaq Elite CMT PC System Serial Number CZC XR Asset Tag CZC XR Chassis Serial Number CZC XR Enclosure Type Mini-Tower Processor gigahertz Intel Core i - kilobyte primary memory cache kilobyte secondary memory cache kilobyte tertiary memory cache -bit ready Multi-core total Hyper-threaded total Main Cirucit Board Board Hewlett-Packard Serial Number CZC XR Bus Clock megahertz BIOS Hewlett-Packard J v Controllers Intel R Desktop Workstation Server Express Chipset SATA AHCI Controller Display NVIDIA GeForce GT Display adapter HP LA Monitor quot vis s n CN RZ September Bus Adaptors Intel R Series C Series Chipset Family USB Enhanced Host Controller - C Intel R Series C Series Chipset Family USB Enhanced Host Controller - C D Multimedia NVIDIA High Definition Audio x Realtek High Definition Audio http h www hp com products quickspecs na na pdf lt Link to the user manual model is on the third page the Business PC I am currently using a GeForce Gt card which is quite old and struggles with performance on some games I am interested in the Asus GeForce TI but have no clue if it will even work in my machine I looked towards the manual for my pc and it suggested cards worse than I currently have and I want better performance not worse The manual says that I have x Full length PCI slots x PCI Express slot and x Full Length PCI Express x graphics The TI has according to amazon quot PCI Express amp PCI Express support quot and looking at the specifications of both on their respective websites the GT uses PCIE x and the GT TI uses PCIE Given that the GT is already working in a PCI Express slot is it safe to assume the would be compatible GT specs http www geforce co uk hardware desktop-gpus geforce-gt- -channel specifications GT TI specs http www asus com Graphics Cards NVIDIA Series ENGTX Ti DCII TOP DI GD specifications Would this card work and if not could you suggest a card similar in capability that would Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Graphics card update help needed

Yes that video card will work with your motherboard.

However, it may not be the best value for money compared to the current gen video cards on offer.

For example, the newer Nvidia GTX 660 is the same price as the 560 Ti and offers around 30% more performance. Alternatively, the AMD Radeon HD 7850 costs even less and still offers better performance than the 560 Ti. I would highly recommend you go with one of these (doesn't have to be that exact model of 660 or 7850).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-update-help-needed.188413/
Relevancy 18.06%

Hello techspot, Basically I think ineed to update my BIOS in order to run call of duty black ops 2, but I Don't know.

Basically when I try to run the game, my pc freeze's then shuts down and says no signal detected, I've been looking all over the inet to try find a solution and came across a forum where people were having the same problem. (They're all using AMD) Alot of the people there said they contacted there motherboard supplier's and asked for a flash drive update or something? to update their BIOS. After doing this they said the game started to work.
Please help.

my motherboard is a N68-VS3 FX, If someone could link me to the correct update for it that would be grand. im on windows 7 if that helps

Lee.

P.S , Sorry I think I posted this in the wrong section

A:BIOS update?

http://www.asrock.com/mb/overview.asp?cat=Download&os=BIOS&Model=N68-VS3 FX

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bios-update.187629/
Relevancy 24.51%

Dear friends I bought SAMSUNG Spinpoint HN-M MBB Z TB RPM 1TB Samsung be HN-M101MBB/Z4 detected Spinpoint cannot MB Cache quot SATA Gb s Internal Notebook Hard Drive and have been trying to format it on different laptops such as Dell XPS Samsung Acer and others The problem is that it is never detected at all so I can not format it neither install a windows os on it to be able to use it What is wrong why it is never being detected I put it internally of course Please help with advice from the store I bought it they do not want to refund me the money back I connect the hd internally installing it into the hd slot of the laptops so it is a standard connection by default keep in mind the hd is internal But are you trying to tell me that if a new virgin internal hard drive is not being found by different laptops then the hard drive has something wrong and must be replaced by the store they say that I am doing something wrong that is why it is not Samsung Spinpoint HN-M101MBB/Z4 1TB cannot be detected being found when I install it internally to different laptops and when I try to start installing a Windows XP Pro os from a CD in the CD drive the windows installer starts to install but soon gives the message Samsung Spinpoint HN-M101MBB/Z4 1TB cannot be detected that there is no hard drive found and cancels the further installation in the Bios I always set the first boot to be for CD drive and second position for Internal HD THank you in advance nbsp

A:Samsung Spinpoint HN-M101MBB/Z4 1TB cannot be detected

Since it is unlikely that your notebook/laptop has a floppy drive you will have difficulty installing XP on a SATA drive because of the lack of native SATA drivers supplied with the XP installation disk. No supplied drivers, no recognition of the SATA hard drive. During early Setup you are given the opportunity to hit the F6 key to install third party drivers (I.e. SATA/RAID drivers) but XP only recognizes a floppy drive for this process. These SATA drivers would have to come from the laptop's driver support page at their website.

An alternative is to make a slipstream disk which combines your regular XP CD with the appropriate SATA/RAID drivers to allow recognition of your SATA hard drive by Windows Setup. Perform an internet search for the procedure to make such a disk.

Another alternative is to enter the BIOS and set the controller mode to IDE instead of SATA, that is if your laptop BIOS has that option. Many or most modern desktops do but I don't know about laptops. When set to IDE mode, XP doesn't need SATA drivers to continue the installation.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/samsung-spinpoint-hn-m101mbb-z4-1tb-cannot-be-detected.186857/
Relevancy 18.06%

I noticed yesterday that HP was auto-updating wireless updates. After they had finished, my wireless capability was gone. There was a problem with my Intel Centrino N 1030 wireless driver, and have not been able to correct the problem. Also, when I try to restart it takes forever, and I get a notification when it finally does that there was a critical blue-screen error?
Please help!

A:Can't connect wirelessly after update

What version of Windows?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-connect-wirelessly-after-update.185800/
Relevancy 21.5%

I have a problem regarding my external Toshiba hard disk 500 GB where it can?t be detected in my computer and also disk management. I have formatted the external HD since I was asked to format it when an error popped up.
So I formatted it and after the formatting completed, I tried to connect the hard disk to my Windows Win 7 laptop. When I connect it to the laptop, it can?t be detected and yet the hard disk is blinking with its white light like it used to when it is connected to the laptop. I tried the disk management thingy, but it can?t detect my hard disk. I tried in other laptops but the result is same
What can I do to make it better? Please help me.

A:External hard disk not detected in My Computer and in Disk Management

First off, how old is your Toshiba external HDD? Also, when it starts to spin up, do you hear any sort of clicking or whining noise?

If you hear any noises that sound off, it's possible your external HDD is failing.

When you formatted it, what file system did you use to do so? Because sometimes even if Windows can't detect it, I have had success with booting with a Ubuntu Live CD, and then connecting the external HDD in order to format it that way. It all has to do with how Windows formats HDD's and how Ubuntu and other Linux systems do.

If you can I recommend downloading Ubuntu onto a CD and boot to it on one of your computers, in the Live CD mode, so it doesn't install anything. Once its loaded, plug in the Toshiba and try to format it as NTFS (this is important, because Ubuntu doesn't use it as a native file system, so you need to make sure that NTFS is selected on the format window, not EXT4 or the other types of Linux OS File Systems)

If it doesn't work, post back here, and I will see if I can help you some more. Also feel free to PM me if you have any other issues.

Regards,
-Alex

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/external-hard-disk-not-detected-in-my-computer-and-in-disk-management.185432/
Relevancy 17.2%

Hi all I Acer update 8935g driver screen GPU blank after recently updated the driver for the Ati card in my laptop during the installation the screen had gone blank and has stayed that way ever since But first heres a back story I started having trouble with the laptop a few months ago when I assume the ati card had overheated and caused the screen to flicker this laptop comes with an Intel card also which you can switch to by pressing the power save button near the keyboard The intel card ran just fine and if I output the video through hdmi the ati card would work fine also Acer 8935g screen blank after GPU driver update which led me to Acer 8935g screen blank after GPU driver update believe that there maybe an issue with the screen Also if I kept pressing the power save button and switching between cards the ati card would eventually begin to work normally on the laptops screen I wanted to update my drivers today as they were a couple of years old I had trouble installing them in the past as there was a conflict between both gpu cards so I became frustrated and left it I used Ati s auto detect tool and it began to install the new drivers when the screen went blank I thought this was normal during a driver update but I left the laptop running and it stayed that way for over an hour So I turned the laptop off using the main power button Probably wasnt a good idea I imagine Now the screen just stays blank even if I try to switch to the intel card Any help on this issue will be much appreciated nbsp

A:Acer 8935g screen blank after GPU driver update

It might be the inverter or the backlight for the LCD. Have you tried using the HDMI output on both cards if the Intel integrated supports HDMI out?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-8935g-screen-blank-after-gpu-driver-update.184711/
Relevancy 24.94%

My detected and CD-ROM BIOS not HDD in desktop had windows xp installed in it Yesterday I tried to installed XP- sp in it I inserted the bootable cd and repartitioned the whole hard drive Then selected C drive for installing the windows XP- SP then the option came formatting the drive with NTFS CD-ROM and HDD not detected in BIOS format I selected it and C drive was formatted But after formatting the system shows an error The message was quot The drive cannot be formatted due to an error please use another partition for installing windows Then I selected D drive and the same message was displayed again Then it showed that there is an error in installtion and CD-ROM and HDD not detected in BIOS press F to quit setup Then I restarted the windows and tried to changes booting device priority Now in BIOS only floppy drive is being displayed No HDD and CD-ROM is displayed in booting devices But initially before installing XP- SP cd I entered BIOS and changed the priority to CD drive At that time both HDD and CDROM was displayed in booting devices priority I dont know what to do now Every time I open windows now it shows that quot Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device quot And when I am entering BIOS and trying to change the boot devices priority neither HDD nor CD-ROM is being displayed there Hows that possible that both HDD and CD- ROM is not detected in BIOS Please help guys Ur advice might be very helpful for me Thanks in advance Regards Vishal nbsp

A:CD-ROM and HDD not detected in BIOS

Hi Vishal, One simple thing you could try, is to remove the BIOS battery, leave it out of the pc for 5 minutes.
Fit it back in the pc, and try again.
Also if that battery is more than 5 years old it may be at a low voltage, so if you have a voltmeter you should get 2.5 to 3V dc, across the battery.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cd-rom-and-hdd-not-detected-in-bios.181605/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hi there,

I have a Seagate 1TB External Hard drive not being detected after i switched the laptop off while downlading a software file on the hard drive, that i couldn't stop & after the laptop came back up it couldn't detect the HD. Tha power comes on on the HD & the disk spins as it has an adapter & the USB connected to the laptop. Sometimes the light stayed on & lately it only flickers. Tried it on another PC doesn't get detected. Plz some help would b great. Thanks.

A:Seagate 1TB external hard drive not detected

Maybe ?

I have had about 15 Externals in my time, every problem i had was the same one, the circuitboard came away from the hard drive, all i did was unscrewed the whol thing pushed it all back together tightly

Dont know if this will help with your problem....

also try to run chkdsk

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315265 - Windows XP

http://www.w7forums.com/use-chkdsk-check-disk-t448.html -win 7

Good luck

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/seagate-1tb-external-hard-drive-not-detected.171691/
Relevancy 24.51%

few hours ago, my external drive suddenly stopped working. this pop up window keeps popping out "You need to format this drive before you can use it". everytime I plugged the drive in it will pop out many times. I tried opening it but failed. I have this EASEUS file recovery software so I tried fromatting it but failed. my projects and assignments are in the drive. hope you guys can help me out with this.

A:My WD external cannot be detected, opened, or formatted

If possible, I would suggest trying it on a Linux system (either installed or a Linux live distro on CD). Linux might be able to recognise and hopefully allow you to copy some or all of your data to another drive. There are plenty of live Linux disks available as freebies on Linux mags, if you're stuck (lots promoting Ubuntu 12.04 and fedora 17 at the moment).
Hope this helps...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-wd-external-cannot-be-detected-opened-or-formatted.182758/
Relevancy 21.07%

Hey everyone How r u all Nice to meet u all well my friend bought a laptop it has on board graphics and also a additional nvidia graphics now when I run game the on board graphics card is getting detected and not the nvidia card I tried in bios but in the display part there are only options is optimus whic allows bot nvidia vga and intel vga to work and the other one allows only the intel vga to work so is there a way to make games recognise nvidia or can I disable onboard graphics through graphics not graphics card Onboard detected device manager laptop model lenovo ideapad z graphics card Nvidia geforce gt m and one more thing In one of the game I Onboard graphics detected not graphics card checked PES it shows as its using onboard graphics and I tried arkham city and tried enabling hardware acceleration physx but it said the laptops hardware doesnt support it one more thing I just went to nvidia control panel and in there d settings and there global settings its written there preferred graphics processor is integrated graphics and I couldnt change it can I disable the onboard graphics card in device manager thanks nbsp

A:Onboard graphics detected not graphics card

Hi , The option is the one where the nvidia card and intel on-board are shown, and the BIOS should select the nvidia card as priority if it can, and has a choice.
It's sometimes known as 'Primary Video' & the option is called PEG.
Make sure you save the settings when you exit or they won't be changed from before.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/onboard-graphics-detected-not-graphics-card.182102/
Relevancy 18.06%

so im deciding to upgrade my mobo that supports pci 2.0 I was wondering does 2.0 support 2.1 because im going to put a budget radeon card in it note this is not a gaming pc just a little upgrade

A:Mobo update

Yes, PCIE 2.0 will support a 2.1 card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mobo-update.181796/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hello

When I start up my computer, I get the message, well, it says on top..
Funny thing is, that it starts up and works regulary, shut off the "press F1 at error" but the message pisses me off..

The HDD I have is a Seagate SATA drive, connected with SATA. I thought those drives would go as Master automaticly, but think I've done wrong somewhere. Can't give much more info about the drive itself.

A:No HDD master detected on startup

Sounds like you have the PATA (or IDE) controller enabled in the system BIOS. disable the master, save BIOS, reboot & see if msg goes away. Hope this helps, take care!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-hdd-master-detected-on-startup.181170/
Relevancy 17.63%

Hello,

I'm trying to update the drivers on my Radeon x600 256MB graphics card with Windows XP 32 bit.

I downloaded the following file described as the ATI Catalyst Driver 10.2 (XP): download-euro <dot> oldapps <dot> com/ATI/10-2_xp32_dd_ccc_wdm_enu.exe

On running this download, it has installed Catalyst Install Manager in C:\Program Files\ATI\CIM\Bin, but I have no idea what I need to do next!

Running Install Manager and following the steps through seems to do something, though looking at device manager, it doesn't look as though the driver has been updated (it's still version 8.162.0.0)...

Thanks in advance

A:Radeon x600 XP driver update

Try the WDM Integrated Driver here :

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownlo...px?type=2.4.1&product=2.4.1.3.13&lang=English

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/radeon-x600-xp-driver-update.179750/
Relevancy 24.94%

my pc is a dell e520 with a pentium d cpu 2.80ghz running on windows xp sp3. somehow those cpu temperature utilities cannot seem to detect my cpu temperature at all and the fan runs at max speed all the time. what could be causing this problem?

A:CPU temperatures not detected

I'm not familiar with your machine and have never had this issue before.

I once had a machine where I replaced the thermal compound and installed the heat-sink incorrectly. I knew better but for some reason wasn't paying attention to what I was doing. The heat-sink was resting on top of the capacitors next to the CPU socket. For awhile my CPU fan would spin full speed every time I started an application. I called myself an id-iot after I found the issue. I'm not sure if the capacitors were shorted or if the heat-sink was not bonded to the CPU that caused the issue. I never checked CPU sensor speeds, they could have be out of whack too. I do know my on-board sound to the rear jacks quit working after I installed the heat-sink incorrectly.

My first thought is you have a faulty motherboard or CPU but I wouldn't panic yet.

I think I would start with:

Check for proper installation of CPU heat-sink. (Read above for explanation)
Check for a System BIOS update.
Look in the system BIOS for settings that might have sensors disabled. (I'm not sure there ever was such a setting)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-temperatures-not-detected.178862/
Relevancy 24.08%

Ati Radeon 5650 HD Not Detected, Sony Laptop Model VPCEF2S1E,

I tried Download the driver and the BIos from sony site ,
Technic assist VPCEF2S1E/BI
But still not use, i am running windows in Standart WIndows VGA adapter... and my main card not works... any help?
Bios Type Insyde EFI Date : 12/09/2010
Bios Version R0200Z5
Version AGESA DanNiPI V1.0.0.5
Date Bios videocard 03/09/10

The last one means The version of video card bios...

A:Radeon 5650 HD not detected, Sony laptop

Try searching for a ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5145 driver:
http://support.amd.com/us/Pages/AMDSupportHub.aspx

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/radeon-5650-hd-not-detected-sony-laptop.178742/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hello, i am using a seagate 1TB harddisk. When i connect it to usb port in front panel of my CPU, the computer is not detecting it.

But When i connect it to usb port in back panel of my cpu, It works fine. My system detects the hard disk and and everything is fine. How to correct this strange problem

Note : my Pen drive and other USB things works fine in all the ports in both front panel and back panel.
Please help me.each and Every time when i want to connect my hard disk, I have to take my CPU out from its shelf and connect it in the back usb port. Its tideous for me.

A:Seagate external hard disk not detected in front panel USB port

Well not exactly knowing what type of a computer we are talking about here, I can only say, that what your are reporting is completely normal. Most computers I've ever touched have passive styled USB ports on the front of the computer, and aggressive USB ports off the back that can handle just about anything you can hook up to it.

So stop trying to connect that external hard drive off the front, not enough power and not enough data exchange rates. I would recommend that if you have all your USB ports off the back of the computer taken, I would start thinking seriously about an "amplified" 4 port USB HUB. Remember the HUB your looking for has it's own power source, and does not relying on the computer at all for it's power.

The following one is a good one, a friend of mine got her's about a month ago and has not yet reported any problems.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...+-+Network+/+USB+/+Firewire-_-Syba-_-17801083

Hope this all helps....

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/seagate-external-hard-disk-not-detected-in-front-panel-usb-port.178676/
Relevancy 24.51%

i have a western digital external harddrive (WDBAAR5000ABK-00)
that is not being detected by my computer. i plug it in and the pc does not
even makes the sound of (device connected) it doesn't appear at the (my computer) screen neither at device manager.
the hard drive does turn on and can hear it spin. i just cant find it on my computer.
is there any way to make the hard drive appear ?
i already changed the usb cable,

thank you

A:External hard drive not detected

Is that an old drive... We have discovered a lot of difficulties of the WD drives in external case being recognized as they age... Their life expectancy appears to be very short... too often, between one and two years.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/external-hard-drive-not-detected.177379/
Relevancy 24.94%

I bought a new graphics card for my pc (Sapphire Radeon HD5570) and is not detected by my motherboard.I m running an ASRock conroe1333-d667 motherboard.
I tried so many things to make it work..I formated my pc, I changed settings in BIOS and made PCI-E primmary video adapter, I removed and inserted again the CMOS and still the card is nowhere in the device manager...I also want to say that the graphics card fan is working...plz help me because i m starting getting mad!!!

A:My graphics card is not detected...

Whoa, why did you do all that? Flash the BIOS with "ASROCK Conroe Bios 1.83 (or newer)" and "Save and Exit" BIOS
http://www.asrock.com/mb/download.asp?Model=ConRoe1333-D667 R3.0&o=BIOS

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-graphics-card-is-not-detected.175722/
Relevancy 24.08%

My DELL XPS L x laptop was equipped with Samsung Spinpoint MP HM JJ GB rpm hard disk Last month due to noise and auto shut down i gave my system to dell service center for repair but took out my hard disk as it was containing quot sensitive quot data and i don t want to take any risk Also i needed it for my dissertation as detected USB either inside not hard at or disk internal is Laptop my all data was on it In the mean time i bought another Seagate Momentus GB rpm drive as the xps has space for one more hard disk i put the samsung hard disk in usb case which need both side Laptop internal hard disk is not detected either inside or at USB male usb connector i was having an old connector which i tried to use but i can hear a little sound and it is not detected by my home desktop so i got a new usb connector and it was easily detected and i used as usual usb external storage when my laptop was fixed i took back the samsung drive along with the new one to service center and when they tried to place both drive the system didn t responded at all after some tries they announced the samsung drive which was originally shipped with laptop has gone bad and is unable to detect so i asked them to only fix newly bought drive in the system and make it workable by installing OS Now the issue is that my samsung drive can t be detected anywhere neither in laptop nor in my home office desktop though i was able to use it as external storage before but it suddenly stop working leaving me nowhere i have lot of important data on it and i want to recover it myself other choice is that at least i have do low level format so that i make that data unrecoverable by all means and than i claim a new drive in warranty as they offered me free replacement coz my system is still under warranty What i have tried till now Attached it as internal storage in laptop - no reaction rather laptop halt in BIOS and no further activity Attached as external storage - for the first time windows try to detect and install driver for it but fails later no action if tried to connect with either desktop i tried on many desktops Symptoms while attaching with any system as external storage the blue led of box turn on for a while but later it turn off as there is nothing attached and actually there is NO hardware activity as spinning or any sound the hard drive is totally silent What i feel is that there may be problem with its circuitry as in the beginning when i tried to attached it by using old usb cable it may done some damage in PCB but i am not sure Can anyone suggest as what should i do the major issue is to protect the data inside It would be helpful if i can recover it as it is very important for me but in case i can t recover can i destroy that data so that i claim warranty i have less time left for it please give any advice thanks for reading nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-internal-hard-disk-is-not-detected-either-inside-or-at-usb.175558/
Relevancy 24.08%

Ok, So I recently completed building my first computer (desktop) and the system POST
's but when it starts the HDD detection it cant find my brand new samsung HDD. I did initialize it using an external hard drive reader and I am able to read/write using that, but when I install the Hard drive into the computer in question it isnt detected. I tried checking the jumper posistion (master or slave) and also tried using a different cable.

Any ideas why its not being detected? Thanks in advance for any help.

~AngelWarrior15
(I apoligize but I am having to get used to my new username for another site)

A:New hard drive not being detected in custom build PC

can you see it in the bios menu?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-hard-drive-not-being-detected-in-custom-build-pc.173409/
Relevancy 23.65%

My Name is Hariyanto and I am from Indonesia.

My toshiba canvio portable hard drive 500GB is not detected by my Acer Laptop 4750 G. there are three usb ports. two of then are 2.0 and is 3.0 USB.

The USB 2.0 is not a problem. It can detect and read my external drive.
But when I change to USB 3.0, the laptop says that I need to format and when I format it the Windows 7 said that windows 7 can not format it.

I have already installed the renesas usb controller drive. I have tried to uninstalled and reinstalled it but still it didn't work.

What happen to my USB 3.0 port or my Toshiba external HD.

I really need your all help, please.
Thanks a lot

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-toshiba-canvio-portable-hard-drive-500gb-is-not-detected.174720/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hi all,

I have a WD external hard drive. Yesterday, when I connected it to my laptop, it was detected but when I tried to access it through my computer, there was no content available. When I looked at its property, I found out the following;

Used Space: 0 bytes
Free Space: 0 bytes

I then went to My Computer > Manage > Disk Management. I found out that the drive is not available in the list.

Is my hard drive corrupted?

Would appreciate if anybody out there can help me on this. Thanks

A:External hard drive detected but cannot access content

"Is my hard drive corrupted?" Most likely yes. Please learn to back up important data on CD, DVD or Blu-Ray media. These type media are non-volatile and are better than solid state memory flash drives

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/external-hard-drive-detected-but-cannot-access-content.172998/
Relevancy 24.08%

after purchasing new xfx radeon hd to run in crossfire for optimal gaming my monitor wont detect the two cards I have tried placing the old card back in and it responds just fine to card Video detected after switch by monitor being not that one With the new cards in everything sounds like it boots and all the indicator Video card not being detected by monitor after switch leds on my motherboard show up just fine this is the exact video card im trying to use XFX HD- A-CNDC Radeon HD GB -bit GDDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card with Eyefinity this is what im running besides the xfx AMD Phenom II X T Black Edition W Six Core Socket AM GHz Mb Cache MHz HT nm Asus M A TD PRO USB Socket AM AMD FX SB Chipset DDR O C Mhz x PCI-Express x -Channel HD Audio GigaLAN x Video card not being detected by monitor after switch USB x USB x SATA Gb s ATX Cooler Master Silent Pro M Modular W Power Supply Corsair XMS Classic GB x GB DDR MHz CL DIMMs Optimized for Core i i and Core AMD Phenom II times Hitachi Deskstar K TB quot SATA Gb s rpm MB Cache OEM LG GH LS Black SATA Lightscribe DVD-Writer xDVD R -R xDVD RW xDVD-RW xDVD R DL xDVD-R DL x CD-R xCD-RW OEM Scythe NINJA Heat Pipes CPU Cooler for Intel Socket amp AMD Socket AM AM AM nbsp

A:Video card not being detected by monitor after switch

take out one of the graphics cards and see if it works, your monitor only needs to detect the one card that it is plugged into so its not a crossfire problem

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-card-not-being-detected-by-monitor-after-switch.172182/
Relevancy 17.2%

I am very very frustrated since I waited a while to get this motherboard from china. My last DFI board randomly died on me and I ordered this as a replacement because I wanted a decent 775 board. I worked on it all night tonight and despite it reading all the hardware... it will not boot unless I reset the cmos every time. On top of that... I can not get the bios to update... it doesn't read any of the 5 usb drives I tried (fat/fat32). Also I tend to get this grey screen when trying to flash it sometimes. I am beside myself at this point after fussing with it for hours on end and I really need some help.

A:Asus P5E3 BIOS won't update and needs CMOS reset to boot every time

Sounds like either the BIOS is corrupted or the motherboard battery is a goner.

Have you tried burning the new BIOS to a bootable CD ?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-p5e3-bios-wont-update-and-needs-cmos-reset-to-boot-every-time.171511/
Relevancy 24.51%

My IDE DVD writer stopped appearing in Windows although it is detected in BIOS It worked fine until this problem started It does not appear in device manager or explorer The drawer opens and closes and the LED goes on but it won t read or write disks I have swapped the optical drive for a known working drive and still no optical drive was detected by Windows The swapped out unit works fine on all not tried solutions Optical drive detected, another computer I have installed a new IDE cable but that didn t solve the problem The cable is seated fully no pins are bent and the plug is properly oriented in the socket The drive is at the end of the IDE cable and set to quot master quot There are no other IDE drives on this computer I looked in regedit to delete the upper and lower limits but there were no such commands I have removed and reseated the RAM Both SATA drives I have Optical drive not detected, tried all solutions installed work fine and there are no other issues with this computer I would try to repair Windows but I can t because the optical Optical drive not detected, tried all solutions drive won t read my Windows install CD What next nbsp

A:Optical drive not detected, tried all solutions

I looked in regedit to delete the upper and lower limits, but there were no such commands.Click to expand...

Highlight the entries and hit the delete key.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/optical-drive-not-detected-tried-all-solutions.170634/
Relevancy 24.08%

Today I got in the mail my Corsair 600T case. After a couple hours of getting everything switched out, I hooked it up and was ready to go. But I get nothing. In bios, all six of my sata ports read "not detected". I have my boot 500gb in sata1 and my 2.0 TB (steam folder) in sata 2... It's so hard to find a solution for this online because it's so strange... I've hooked everything up just as it was before... And am feeling very, very helpless. If anyone has had a similar issue and somehow found a solution... Your help would be greatly appreciated!

A:Just switched over to a new case, now my HDDs aren't detected

Disregard... loose connection on the PSU

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/just-switched-over-to-a-new-case-now-my-hdds-arent-detected.170714/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hi everybody i m from Holland so cut me some slack on my English Today i desided to turn my old pc into a Nas with freenas software I thought i d buy tb samsung hd ui drives to get myself started but however I never got passed the first step The bios does not recognize my disks Only my cdrom drive as primary slave I get the following message VIA Technologies Inc VIA VT Serial ATA RAID BIOS Setting Utility V Hardware Initiate failed Please Check Device The Bios does not be bla bla Scan Devices Please not by is Hard detected drive BIOS wait Press lt Tab gt key into user window it sort of hangs for Hard drive is not detected by BIOS a moment when i get the message written below Hardware initiate failed Please check device The BIOS does not be installed Press lt g gt to continue when i press g i immediately press dell to get in the bios to find out it can t recognize the disks Are the disks to new to work with the motherboard this computer is about to six years old the motherboard has two sata plugs on it and a amd chip Must i use a jumper On the disks Ive spent the entire night searching for the answer but cant seem to find it I realy hope i gave you guys enough information to help me out If not please reply Thanks in advance Awaiting your feedback kind regards Bas nbsp

A:Hard drive is not detected by BIOS

??Motherboard??

basman said:

Hi everybody, i'm from Holland, so cut me some slack on my English!

Today i desided to turn my old pc into a Nas, with freenas software.
I thought i'd buy 2 2tb samsung hd204ui drives to get myself started, but however. I never got passed the first step. The bios does not recognize my disks. Only my cdrom drive as primary slave... I get the following message:

VIA Technologies, Inc VIA VT8237 Serial ATA RAID BIOS Setting Utility V2.01
Hardware Initiate failed, Please Check Device!!! The Bios does not be ... bla bla.

Scan Devices, Please wait....
Press <Tab> key into user window!

[it sort of hangs for a moment, when i get the message written below:]

Hardware initiate failed, Please check device!!!
The BIOS does not be installed. Press <g> to continue!

[when i press g i immediately press dell to get in the bios, to find out it can't recognize the disks.]

Are the disks to new to work with the motherboard. this computer is about 5 to six years old, the motherboard has two sata plugs on it. and a 64 amd chip.

Must i use a jumper? On the disks?

Ive spent the entire night searching for the answer, but cant seem to find it.
I realy hope i gave you guys enough information to help me out. If not, please reply.

Thanks in advance.
Awaiting your feedback!

kind regards
BasClick to expand...

:wave:Hi there,

You haven't actually said what make/model your old computer is. Neither the board in use.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hard-drive-is-not-detected-by-bios.169971/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hello. My dvd-rom is not detected by the motherboard. It won't boot to windows installation or anything. In windows it won't show my dvd-rom in Computer. But in device manager I see some kind of CD/DVD drive. Anyway I can't use CD's/DVD's anymore. Any suggestions what to do? BIOS is up to date. All connectors are connected properly. THIS HAS HAPPENED RIGHT AFTER WHEN I UPGRADED TO RADEON HD 6850.

Motherboard: Intel DG33BU

Thank you.

A:DVD-ROM not detected

Try deleting the CD/DVD drive in the Device Manager and restart the computer. See if the CD/DVD drive is re-installed and usable once more. If it is still not detected, replace it

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-rom-not-detected.169176/
Relevancy 24.08%

I go to the bios setup and under 'Fixed HDD' there's nothing? It's a fairly new hard drive which runs Win 7. I actually tried to reload Win 7 from the start and once it came to which drive to install it on....nothing was there? I don't believe the hard drive is toast at least I hope not. Please what can I do?

A:Dell Inspiron hard drive not detected....

"Please what can I do?"...
Have the hard drive replaced. They are really not that expensive any longer

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-inspiron-hard-drive-not-detected.169690/
Relevancy 17.63%

I am looking for a way to bring an old IBM desktop machine that I built Into more sutible working conditions. Does any one have any Ideas on how I can update the innerds of my computer?
I know this very vauge but I dont have the computer with me now and am looking to stock up on what I need (Info and parts) Before I get back to it.
\Thanks?

A:Best way to update graphics on five-year-old IBM desktop

We heed to know the components you have before we can recommend upgrades. What is the IBM model number - or better a link to the IBM spec list for it - and what new components did you put in?

Also, what is your budget and how do you use the PC?

For a starter on learning about video card upgrades, I recommend this site:

http://www.upgradevideocards.com/

Pay particular attention to the criteria page that addresses system constraints in the upgrade process - and helps you define your wants and needs in a way that is useful:

http://www.upgradevideocards.com/criteria.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/best-way-to-update-graphics-on-five-year-old-ibm-desktop.169271/
Relevancy 24.08%

Any ideas on this anyone?
A SATA 2.5" drive has a corrupted OS on it and I want to format it and then reinstall a fresh copy of Windows.
The drive is detected by the BIOS but does not show up as an available drive in the install routine (no drives found). I
If I remove the drive and connect it as a SATA drive to a desktop (so I can format it that way), it again shows up on the BIOS but is not available as a drive in Windows Explorer.
This drive has been pre-repaired by PCWorld - I wonder if they did anything odd to it?

A:Drive detected by BIOS but not by Windows installer

After connecting the drive to your desktop, please go to control panel > admin tools > computer management > Disk Management.

If your drive shows up there, it mean physically it is ok, just that its partition tables has gone wonky.

You can simply delete the existing partition tables there, and re-create new one and format it. Hopefully that will work and solve your issue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/drive-detected-by-bios-but-not-by-windows-installer.168868/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hello. I have an Acer Aspire One AOA150 netbook, and it was showing UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME as a stop error for windows XP. I tried using the Recovery Console to repair the disk errors, but the utility gave me an error saying the drive had one or more unfixable errors. After this, the hard drive was no longer recognized by the BIOS. What can I do to fix this problem? If the problem requires a hard drive replacement, what size hard drive do I need to get (1.8" or 2.5")?

A:Acer Aspire One AOA150 hard drive not detected in BIOS

You need a 2 1/2" laptop hard drive either SATA or IDE. Be sure to remove the drive and check for this before you buy a replacement laptop hard drive

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-aspire-one-aoa150-hard-drive-not-detected-in-bios.167683/
Relevancy 21.5%

This is apparently a common problem with no single answer. Regardless of whether any USB is plugged in or not, the system will give this error after POST. I can't get it to go to BIOS, pressing Delete at the mobo screen does nothing.

A:Asus motherboard "USB Device Over Current Status Detected"

I just did a search for this error and I see what you mean, there are dozens of different solutions. Had you made any changes just before this occured?

I think the best place to start is to begin by disconnecting everything from the mobo apart from one memory stick and the monitor. This includes disconnecting the hard drive/s, CD drive/s, keyboard, mouse speakers, printer, any USB device and unplugging the cable that goes to the front USB connections (if you have any) any cards including graphics (unless you have no onboard graphics to connect to the monitor) and any card readers or floppy drives. Then try to boot and see if you get the post screen or that error again.

Let me know what happens.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-motherboard-usb-device-over-current-status-detected.167649/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hi there,

I have a Western Digital external hard drive that is not detected by Windows anymore. When I plug it in, the hard drive does not show up on "My Computer" but it does show up on Disk Management :

I have read on the internet that this issue is usually caused by a corrupted sector or the MBR that's corrupted.

I tried TestDiskt but unfortunately when it asks me to choose the hard drive i want to select, my external hard drive doesnt show up on the list.

The only hdd that i see on TestDisk is my internal hard drive.

Every software that i tried to recover data with can't detect my external hard drive, that is why I now ask for your help.

Is there anyway I can recover the data or, even better, get my hard drive to work again.

Thanks.

A:My external hard drive is not detected by Windows anymore

You should have a read through this guide thread, see if it helps:

What to do if your external hard drive does not show in my computer

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-external-hard-drive-is-not-detected-by-windows-anymore.167143/
Relevancy 18.06%

After doing some research...(I feel fairly stupid) I have figured out that a Ati Radeon Hd 5400 Series graphics card, is not the best for gaming. I got this PC for Christmas from iBuypower. Here are my specs:

CPU AMD Athlon II X2 250
CPU Speed 3.00 Ghz
Motherboard Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co.
Motherboard Model GA-770T-USB3
Ram 4 Gigabytes
Power Supply MaxPower PX-480 (480w)

And I am from the US.
Thx to cfitzarl for the guide to opening a new thread.
BTW I play games like WOW and Rift soon to be Magicka.

Relevancy 18.06%

Planning to upgrade my graphic card here are the current specs :

Intel C2D 2.8 Ghz
4 GB DDR2 RAM
Intel DG31 PR
250 GB HDD

Currently using Nvidia 8400 GS.Max monitor resolution is 1400x900 but will be upgrading to a bigger monitor in a few months.
Will also upgrade psu for the new card budget is around 150$ excluding the psu cost but am willing to extend or reduce the budget.Need the card to play games at higher settings.Please suggest a good card for me Thanks.

A:Graphic card update

Antec High Current Gamer Series HCG-520 520W ATX12V v2.3 / EPS12V v2.91 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply
SAPPHIRE 100315L Radeon HD 6850 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card with Eyefinity

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphic-card-update.166962/
Relevancy 24.94%
A:16GB USB drive not detected

Are you at least hearing the Windows device-connect ding/dongs when you connect and disconnect? See if this might help How to Cleanup and Remove old USB Storage Drivers

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/16gb-usb-drive-not-detected.166144/
Relevancy 18.06%

I hope this hasn t been asked already I searched for similar questions but there are a vast number of topics already posted that I don t think I even scratched the surface This is the second time I ve recieved a notification update? Recommend BIOS from Dell Support Center with the recommendation to update my BIOS I didn t do it the first time because I had no idea what I was doing and Recommend BIOS update? knew that messing with your BIOS could cause some serious problems This time I figure I will ask the experts first This is the message I am getting quot BIOS UPDATE AVAILABLE There is a critical new BIOS update available This critical BIOS update will fix problems or add features to the computer Recommend BIOS update? s BIOS It is strongly recommended to update to this latest BIOS quot Short sweet and to the point My question is whether or not it seems like a good idea to go ahead and do the update Recommend BIOS update? In regards to BIOS updates I ve been told quot if it ain t broke don t fix it quot but if the update will speed things up or have some benefit I m interested Also if it does seem like a good thing to do how do I go about it so I don t end up with a paper weight Thanks for the help nbsp

A:Recommend BIOS update?

I would agree with your final comment, "if it ain't broke don't fix it". But, on the other hand if Dell are pushing this recommendation then it may have some benefits, just make certain it is coming from Dell and not some bogus site. Go to the official Dell support site and look up your PC's drivers, it will show you in there what the latest version the Bios is, just check it against what you have. Go into Bios at boot and it will be written at the top of the screen.

http://support.dell.com/support/index.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=gen&~ck=bt

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/recommend-bios-update.165610/
Relevancy 17.63%

Hello on update Can't my Asus UL30VT! driver graphics I m not sure this belongs in this forum section so if it doesn t please don t bite my head off All right so about a month ago the laptop I used to game with broke because of a water accident Thus I cannot get it repaired for free and my poor little student budget can t afford a repair So now I Can't update my graphics driver on Asus UL30VT! m using my tiny UL VT to game with until Can't update my graphics driver on Asus UL30VT! I can get hold of someone who can repair my dear laptop for something cheaper than what the store I bought it at charges for it - And it has been coping surprisngly fine considering that it isn t a laptop meant for that But yesterday I ran into a problem where I am forced to update my graphics driver to be able to play on decent graphics in most of my games So I downloaded the newest driver from nvidia and everything was fine until it told me that it couldn t install because it couldn t find the hardware itself I got told that s because of the option to switch betweens graphics Intel GMA X MHD and NVIDIA GeForce G M in my UL VT and thus I need to get a special driver from ASUS But that driver s nowhere to be found So are anyone here able to tell me where I can find the driver I need It really annoys me to have to play on the lowest graphics possible just because of a stupid driver problem THanks in advance nbsp

A:Can't update my graphics driver on Asus UL30VT!

ASUS driver

Been to the ASUS driver download page, BUT it was blank at first try, so forced it to reload the page;
http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?SLanguage=en-us
There are 2 drivers listed for your UL30VT, 1) is a patch , (V1.0.0.1)@116KB, and
2) nVidia graphic driver, (V8.15.11.8688)@ 97MB.
These are for Windows 7. Hope this is what you meant.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-update-my-graphics-driver-on-asus-ul30vt.161462/
Relevancy 24.94%

I have a video card that has provided dual monitor support in the past. However, I've just had to reinstall the OS (Win 7 Pro) due to an HD crash. Now the OS does not recognize the second monitor. I have installed the latest drivers for the monitors and for the video card (Asus V9520/TD). The latest driver for this card is for Vista, but having run with 2 monitors in the past I cannot believe this is an issue. Any idea what could cause this problem?

A:Second monitor not detected after reinstalling OS

You might well consider that your video card has failed. It is around 7 years old and has served you well, no doubt at all. If the Vista driver doesn't work, which you should try, my guess is the card has at least partially failed.

You ARE using one of these:

http://www.hexus.net/content/item.php?item=741&redirect=yes

and d o realize video cards have moved on from the AGP slot? You might need a new motherboard as well.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/second-monitor-not-detected-after-reinstalling-os.164775/
Relevancy 18.06%

Hello Motherboard GA- VT P Combo rev x Current CPU Intel Pentium D GHz Target CPU Intel Core Quad ghz m a Graphics Nvidia GeForce GTS RAM x Corsair DDR GB OS Windows -bit Hard Drive gb Seagate Power Supply Antec Earthwatts W Max Hello i am about to lose it So i have the configuration as stated and i am trying to update the bios so that an intel core quad ghz m a works because that particular processor is listed on the cpu support list for my motherboard however to without BIOS Need floppy update when i try to use it i get a blank screen on startup no bios no nothing I narrowed it down to the bios because i also tried an intel core duo ghz m and had the same problem blank screen on startup and no bios So thats why at the moment i have a pentium d in Need to update BIOS without floppy because it worked so i figured since the core quad is on the support list but isnt working i should update the bios i downloaded the latest version FD and tried to run the exe from my desktop of windows but got the error quot This system Need to update BIOS without floppy does not support fullscreen mode Choose Close to terminate Need to update BIOS without floppy the application quot Fine so i noticed qflash in the bios area and realised thats the method of my current bios and went into it by pressing delete to enter setup then F for qflash Options were keep DMI data Enable with the option to disable I don t know what DMI data is save bios to floppy or update bios from floppy So I grab a floppy drive and plug it in one that I know is working from trying it on another pc The floppy drive doesn t work it doesn t register a floppy drive nor in windows or in qflash Turns out my input connecter for floppy seems to be busted on my motherboard Reason I think this is because I tried my power supply plugged into the floppy drive then the floppy ide into another pc s motherboard input and turned them on at the same time and I got the green light on the floppy drive working which means it s the input on my motherboard not my power supply nor the cable It seems the only way to update the bios is via floppy I tried putting the files onto a DVD and booting it but it didn t read any files as bootable I tried a usb but the only option in qflash is floppy AND THE MOTHERBOARD FLOPPY CONNECTER IS BUSTED I cant seem to do anything without it What do I do Is there another way of updating my bios I NEED to have support for a core quad Why does my floppy input not work Its just one problem after another Do such faults warrant repair from gigabyte Could a usb floppy be an option Would my primitive bios see a usb floppy as a floppy nbsp

A:Need to update BIOS without floppy

You didn't read the support list properly. The Core 2 Quad or Core 2 Duo processors are not supported. See here: http://www.gigabyte.com/support-downloads/cpu-support-popup.aspx?pid=1937 The N/A in the "Since BIOS Version" column means not supported. See the red note in the upper left of the page?

So you are wasting your time trying to update the BIOS. There's no point.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-to-update-bios-without-floppy.164518/
Relevancy 25.37%

hi im alan and my asus notebook x5dc wont detect any ide primary or secondary nor will it boot from any other source can any one help or advise please ie can i load win 7 to an external hdd then boot from there thanks

A:No HDD detected

Hi Alan :wave:

Welcome to :grinthumb

You may find these to be helpful links...

How to post a new thread in this Guide.

Before posting you should read all the Posting Guidelines.

To access technical support Forums.

Many users like to post system specs in their Profile.
System Specs are always helpful when you seek support, (see the first two suggestions).
And helpers may ask that you post some of your specs in your thread.

Other online TechSpot guides Here.

Enjoy your Stay

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-hdd-detected.164022/