Windows Support Forum

Last call for fix ideas(power/board issue?)....before I get a new board (Long Thread)

Q: Last call for fix ideas(power/board issue?)....before I get a new board (Long Thread)

amd xp (Long get issue?)....before Thread) call new I a fix ideas(power/board for Last board palomino on a ga- vt winxp sp i upgraded video ram in my computer and now i can t even get the old what was replaced stuff to work here s a few things to list install new vid card update drivers settings reboot no picture to monitor unistall reinstall card boot and monitor has picture install another gig of ram boot no picture take new ram out boot no picture take new card out put new card in boot no picture take new card out Last call for fix ideas(power/board issue?)....before I get a new board (Long Thread) put old card in boot no Last call for fix ideas(power/board issue?)....before I get a new board (Long Thread) picture take all memory out try known good stick in all slots boot and no picture put all back in boot no picture turn power on and watch the led fans run on my lb paper weight it s a never ending combination that i ve tried here and i cannot get a picture on this monitor i ve swapped monitors around and all are good i ve put components from this computer into another computer and they all worked something is not letting this thing boot up i get no picture to the screen and no beeps sounds or anything else i turn the computer on and you hear the fans hard drives and burners powering up and everything but there is no picture going to the monitor it sounded like bad memory because i ran into a case of that before but all the components still work when placed into the other computer my last guess is the board has gone sour i was reading other posts and people have mentioned the power supply but where do i check that at it s a codegen w ps came with the case which was also made by gigabyte i m assuming since it is stamped all over the place if i can t find help with that problem then how about some suggestions for a new board since my options have opened up some because i ve been told my pc sticks will work on board that are rated below that they just have to be able to take gb per slot here s the components - amd xp palomino socket a - maxtor gb hd - maxtor gb hd - x dl dvd r rw drive - x x cd r rw drive - floppy drive - mb ddr pci nvidia geforce mx - mb savageIII agp will probably be placed in storage - gb pc mhz ddr sdram - mb pc mhz ddr sdram i m leaning toward an asus board but the abit s are cheaper and i won t be asking a lot out of the computer except reliabilty sorry for the long thread but i can t think of anything else that would be wrong except board or power supply tia for your help - tag nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Last call for fix ideas(power/board issue?)....before I get a new board (Long Thread)

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Last call for fix ideas(power/board issue?)....before I get a new board (Long Thread)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/last-call-for-fix-ideas-power-board-issue-before-i-get-a-new-board-long-thread.423093/
Relevancy 98.04%

I have an Alienware Sentia M and for a while now I have been having problems getting it to charge It board issue power Laptop seems as though there are problems with the power circuit Laptop power board issue board and or DC jack because the computer does not know when it is plugged in the battery icon in the taskbar always shows that it is plugged in and because if that I cannot tell when the plug has wiggled loose and so if Laptop power board issue I am using the laptop for any prolonged time and the plug does wiggle loose it does not take much for this to happen and I don t realize it I don t receive any low battery warnings or anything the only way I know the plug has come out in this case is when the computer completely dies and shuts off Does anyone know why this might be happening If it helps the area of the computer where the DC jack is located often becomes extremely hot-- to the point where I can t even touch it nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-power-board-issue.836083/
Relevancy 95.03%

Subject computer 18 months old started giving various power supply indications 3 Aug. DC In light would blink, battery sometimes charge and sometimes not, would shut off, computer would not complete a boot on main power with battery removed.

Computer limped along for 8 days then failures stabilized. DC In light steady on mains power, battery indication is " 0% charge, not charging". Battery should have about 70% charge and computer boots properly on battery. I assume the on-board power supply unit is u/s.

Any comments or advice much appreciated. I am currently traveling in the middle of Australia.

Thanks, David.

A:Qosmio G50 (PQG55A-024020) - Onboard power board issue

I should have added that the Battery Indicator light is off at all times.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?55701-Qosmio-G50-(PQG55A-024020)-Onboard-power-board-issue
Relevancy 89.87%

So Dell made a really terrible 15 Series power 15 Can a board power board? a with Inspiron Dell Dell I Series Inspiron 5000 replace 7000 decision nbsp They have a transparent strip in the power button for an LED light to indicate if the power is on nbsp A power indicator is a given in any laptop no matter how cheap it is nbsp However Dell in all of it Can I replace a Dell Inspiron 15 5000 Series power board with a Dell Inspiron 15 7000 Series power board? s genius decided to not include an LED bulb on laptops up to the Inspiron Series despite leaving a transparent slot for it nbsp Seriously what happened to this brand nbsp Do children make these laptops now I want to fix this as my laptop is no longer returnable and a power indicator is absolutely necessary nbsp So the only thing I can think of is replacing it with one from the Series somehow Can I replace a Dell Inspiron 15 5000 Series power board with a Dell Inspiron 15 7000 Series power board? with some help probably This is a Dell Inspiron nbsp I also have an Inspiron nbsp Not sure which exact model I should get the part for Are they compatible Is there an easier way Like how Fn H turns on the hard drive indicator Thanks

A:Can I replace a Dell Inspiron 15 5000 Series power board with a Dell Inspiron 15 7000 Series power board?

The systems use different case and mainboard designs -- and may even be made by different companies.  The answer in all likelihood is no.
I don't think Apple has produced a Macbook with a power indicator -- the PC vendors are playing follow Apple.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19981673
Relevancy 85.14%

Hello All I ve been having this issue while playing on Asus P4P800S-X Sound On-Board Board games lately I just got an Intel Ghz Prescott with Gig of DDR ram and I m now using an ATI Radeon by Sapphire MB DDR I dont have a sound card so I m using the one on-board that comes with On-Board Sound on Asus P4P800S-X Board the Asus P P S-X motherboard SoundMax While im playing a game after a reboot everything is fine for about a minute then the video starts lagging and lagging and getting worse and worse Its like it locks up more and more and the sound cuts alot To the point that its not even close to being fun playing anymore The game On-Board Sound on Asus P4P800S-X Board im playing is Guild Wars which requires alot less than I have I also talk on Skype at the same time and when I m fighting or more guys I cant even hear anything on Skype I have a mbps connection on cable And this is with the game graphics at the lowest Now get this If I disable the audio in the Bios and load up the game with full graphics smooth nice game play I ve tested playing a long time and its perfect with no lag at all Now I m guessing that is pretty conclusive Should I get a Sound Blaster Live or could it still be something else Conflicts Im also running windows xp sp Thanks for taking the time XeroVariX -- lt SYSTEM CONFIGURATION gt -- On-Board Sound on Asus P4P800S-X Board CPU Pentium GHz Mhz FSB MEMORY Gig DDR RAM MOTHERBOARD Asus P P S-X Intel Chipset Mhz FSB CASE Watt Power Supply VIDEO CARD Sapphire ATI Radeon MB DDR AGP HARD DRIVE Quantum Fireball GIG RPM ND HARD DRIVE Western Digital GIG RPM DVD-R DRIVE LG X DVD Burner SOUND CARD SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio NETWORK CARD On-Board Realtek RTL Family PCI MONITOR Viewsonic quot M B KEYBOARD Key PS MOUSE Logitech MX Optical Mouse USB CONNECTION Mbit Cable OS Windows XP Pro Service Pack nbsp

A:On-Board Sound on Asus P4P800S-X Board

Have you loaded the motherboard makers sound chip drivers, or is it just limping along on the default Windows drivers? Might make a difference.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/on-board-sound-on-asus-p4p800s-x-board.419647/
Relevancy 84.71%

Can anyone suggest why this screen which normally passes too quickly to notice, now displays for a full 30 seconds before booting further please? The computer otherwise is booting ok.

The screen I refer to is the one which shows the 'press del for BIOS setup' etc, etc.

This has been happening for about a week now. Is it a sign of an impending problem? Is there a way to cure the display timing?

Thanks in anticipation.

grissom

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/screen-shows-m-board-symbols-too-long.504819/
Relevancy 82.99%

So heres the story The computer has been working fine for several years Last night I decide to D850MV/D850EMV2 long Three desktop board beeps on Intel plug in my tv to the desktop via dvi It Three long beeps on Intel desktop board D850MV/D850EMV2 works fine and I dont have any problems I get home today and try and turn the computer Three long beeps on Intel desktop board D850MV/D850EMV2 on and I dont get any video signal to either the tv or the normal monitor Also long beeps accompany start up it sounds as though things boot but I dont get video or sound but it sounds like the hard drives click now and then like normal and the fans all run fine Ive swapped the first ram stick with one other and havent tried the rest yet and I have not changed the video card yet but plan to in the next minutes as of writing this Nothing looks physically damaged and I dont have any extra ram for this computer laying about since its a rambus so all I can do is swap the ram thats in it around and because I cant get video I cant run a test on the ram Suggestions or help would be appreciated Specifically what the long beep codes mean ive Three long beeps on Intel desktop board D850MV/D850EMV2 found a couple different versions of the code online and not sure which is correct Also what might have caused the problem plugging the tv in thats the only thing I did different unless someone was messing around with it without my knowledge or could it just be from years of wear or what nbsp

A:Three long beeps on Intel desktop board D850MV/D850EMV2

I think three beeps on Intel is a memory issue. At least that what it was when I had a stick of cheap RAM crap out on me.

I'd run Memtest and go from there

RAM can fail from a number of causes. Heat exposure, flaky transistor junctions, who knows. I seriously doubt plugging the TV in had anything to do with it.
You could go into BIOS to ascertain if the RAM voltage is set correctly. Over-volting is a DIMM killer.

You should be able to get documentation for that board directly off Intel's web site. Intel used to give BIOS beep codes ion the board/chipset manuals.

They also have hardware monitor software as a free download. Look up "Intel Desktop Utilities Lite".

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/three-long-beeps-on-intel-desktop-board-d850mv-d850emv2.191367/
Relevancy 82.13%

ok bought a barebones pc of ebay Came with a pc chips board wouldnt post reset jumpers and after a week of trying to get it to work finally said it was ead and went and bought a MSI KT board thinking this will fix problem installed cpu and heat sink installed board into case and installed stick of pc turned it on but same thing happened as before board to msi board..same chips from problem pc with pc chips board fans on cpu and vga card from pc chips board to msi board..same problem spin but just a black screen rset jumpers to clear and reset back tried again still wouldnt boot checked to make sure it board wasnt touching case and shorting from pc chips board to msi board..same problem out but everything seems to be good there theres no beep codes same as with pc chips board KT board comes with a pci slot attachment with usb and led error light when i start pc the light stay on red In manual it says that means cpu is not installed correctly from pc chips board to msi board..same problem or either it is damages reseated cpu and used some artic silver but still same thing and led light stay red im thinking there was nothing wrong with pc chips board just like theres nothing wrong with msi board Could it be the power supply It has a cheap power supply HERCULES is the name on it it weighs almost nothing Ive tried different stick of memory and vga card only things that are comman with problem cpu a AMD Athlon XP mhz and this cheap power supply The problem has to be with either the cpu or power supply thats what im thinking nbsp

A:from pc chips board to msi board..same problem

If ur not posting and considering what u've done coupled with the MSI diagnostics it is very likely there is a problem with this cpu.
You need to get a hold of another compatible AMD cpu just to see if u can post, from there u can confront the ebay seller for any restitution ovr the cpu if there was any kind of guarantee offered at all with the purchased items.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/from-pc-chips-board-to-msi-board-same-problem.242873/
Relevancy 81.27%

I am currently using an Asus Sli-deluxe motherboard with an x1800xt videocard. I already have a 6-pin connected to the videocard but theres also a spot on the motherboard for a standard 4-pin connector from the psu. (4-pin just like the hard drive power connectors) Will connecting my psu to this 4-pin plug be helpful to maximize and stablize the performance of my card or am i fine with the direct 6-pin already?

A:More power to the board to help?

plug the 4-pin plug in, it is suppose to be there and will help every thing and yes the 6-pin needs to be plugged in.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/more-power-to-the-board-to-help.69192/
Relevancy 81.27%

I just bought a Soltek SL-k av -rl Rev LB for my brand new AMD Athlon Socket I am using a NVIDEA FX mg video card that was working on my previous board moments before install on this board I am also putting it in my case that I have been using with a ANTEC SP power supply the previous setup was a ghz setup so I am sure it is enough power The problem is that when I turn it on everything seems to get power Board has else, going but power what's nothing on? the fans start and the hard drive light stays on but no video no post and NO BEEPS The most baffling part is that I am not using the power button It is doing this when the switch on the back of the Board has power but nothing else, what's going on? power supply is flipped The power button for the case is not working at all on or off I know that it is good because as I said it was working only moments before the transition I know this has got to be something simple that I am just missing but I am completely baffled Please help nbsp

A:Board has power but nothing else, what's going on?

Have you remembered to plug in the auxillary 4 pin 12 volt power connector to the socket near the CPU if it has one? Is the CPU installed correctly and is it's fan plugged into the motherboard?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/board-has-power-but-nothing-else-whats-going-on.107127/
Relevancy 80.41%

Hi friends,
I have windows xp sp2 on 80gb harddisk , mother board mercury make,intel processor now this mercury mother borad what i have donot support ddr2 RAM, i had moved harddisk to intel motherboard box.

i am able to detect harddisk and windows apologies to start safe , last good menu and start normally and command prompt appears, i tried all options but fail to start windows xp.

MY IDEA IS AFTER LOGGING INTO WINDOWS , LOAD INTEL MOTHER BOARD DRIVERS.
Pl. find me solution to loginto windows and resume work.
THANK YOU

Regards
Vinod

A:moved windows xp sp2 harddisk from mercury mother board to intel mother board

welcome
you cant use the same xp on another motherboard.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/moved-windows-xp-sp2-harddisk-from-mercury-mother-board-to-intel-mother-board-354286.html
Relevancy 80.41%

I have a CompUSA notebook with a screen that has gone black.
When I booted it up I heard a "hissing" like noise and the display came up dark but under a bright light I could see the wallpaper and icons. The next boot it came up black.
After having talked to the manufacturer service dept and finding out that they will charge about twice what I paid for a repair, I took the thing apart and found a smoked capacitor on what appears to be a power supply board.
Does anyone know of a source for parts?
thanks in advance

A:Laptop Power Board

If you are good with a soldering iron go to radio shack and get replacement components. Call the manufacturer again and ask them to sell you just the part as long as you know what it is. Most of them will be glad to send you one or point you to a depot center where u can buy one.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-power-board.54073/
Relevancy 80.41%

hi,
i need help please. my cpu is not switching on , but the motherboard get power , which i can say since , the keyboard ,mouse light glows and i can charge thorough my usb ports , but the cpu fan starts to run and stops abruptly .

can anyone tell where the problem , in PSU or motherboard or the HSF or any other place so i change it .

please help me guys....

A:cpu would not switch on, but board gets power.

You need to post your system component specs. Motherboard; EXACT make, model and revision (if applicable). Processor; EXACT make, model and stepping. Memory; EXACT make and model. Graphics Card (if installed); EXACT make and model. Power Supply; EXACT make and model. Provide links to the components.

No one can possibly diagnose a problem without knowing the EXACT components you used in the build.

If the machine is a mass produced machine such as Dell, Gateway, HP, etc. post the EXACT make and model.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cpu-would-not-switch-on-but-board-gets-power.890325/
Relevancy 80.41%

Hello!
I've decided to upgrade my Alienware X51 R1 (i7, 16Gb RAM, GTX 660) to a latest videocard that my system can use: GTX 970. But I know about some problems with this: the original powerboard that came with R1 version is not proper working with theese videocards. So I've already know that I just need to swap poverboard from R1 to R2. The art of it in Dell spare parts is D85RT.
I've tried to chat to Dell support North america, so thay told me it's not a problem to buy it in US and Canada, but they cannot sell and send it to me...
So where, how can I buy it in Russia and what's the price of it.
Thanks.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19993133
Relevancy 80.41%

I have a old 266 slot one board made by epox EP-68LXR and I cannt gress which of the 2 plugs go to were,, one read p8 and the next p9 coming from the power supply it a AT unit and the plug on the board has one slot for them and is not marked making it very hard as they ca be placed at each place one the slot, dont want to burn it up any help thanks

A:at- board power connector need help

the black wires on the connectors go next to each other, the large clips on the ps connector clip over the low side of the mobo connector, while the smaller row of tabs go into the slots at the high side.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/at-board-power-connector-need-help.56071/
Relevancy 80.41%

Good day,Can you kindly refer me to a store in South Africa preferably in Pretoria were I can buy a "Power Button Board" for Notebook 15-r117ni.Looking forward to hearing from you soonKind regards,Kgotso

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Power-Button-Board/td-p/5766078
Relevancy 80.41%

Hi everyone First I want to thank you for the great job you do in this forum I have a on doesn't Board power PackardBell Vesuvio laptop I had problems with the previous motherboard it couldn t power on so I bought a used board in eBay But this one has a strange problem it can Board doesn't power on t power up Board doesn't power on if the power cable is plugged in with battery inserted If I remove the power cable it can boot up and works fine After powering on successfully I can insert the power cable and battery begin to charge without any problem The power supply is ok it outputs V as it should Is it possible that something inside the laptop is being shorted out when I plug the power preventing the laptop to boot up I don t know if the used motherboard I bought was faulty or something else is happening All other components seem to work fine I d be grateful if you have any ideas about this problem nbsp

A:Board doesn't power on

I don't work much with laptops, but power related issues are generally a motherboard function. If a laptop boots with/without a battery, or with/without AC connected, it typically implies a motherboard malfunction.

Hopefully someone with more experience can confirm.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/board-doesnt-power-on.1117302/
Relevancy 80.41%

Hi all, I have monitor gericom 2030 and it has some power board model that I cant find on sell, so I have buy one that is almost same with it. 4 plugs for invetors are same but one connection for t-con board is diffrent and on oroginal board I have pins (5V, 5v, GND, GND, 12v, BL, N/F) and on board that I have buy has ( 12v, 12v, GND, GND, 5v, 5v, GND, N.C, ON, DIM, MS ) So any suggests wich on wich one I should connect?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/different-power-board-on-monitor.190328/
Relevancy 80.41%

i just purchased a new P4-2 with a new fucture motherboard FP-i845P4 and a new powersupply.
when i turn it on the cpu cooling startd to spin then stops. Nothing else from there. if i let it set for 1 minute it will whirl the fan again, then nothing.
is it the power supply or motherboard??

Relevancy 80.41%

I know this is a windows forum but there are so many people who are hardware guru's as well as windows' so sorry for those whom are offended...

I have a power supply and want to see if it works without having to disconnect my power supply presently in my computer. I remember when I bought it from the display at the store where it had a little jumper wire somewhere on the terminals to simulate the board being plugged in.

Any one know which 2 terminals get jumpered to make this work? Or perhaps where I can get the information?

oh yeah it's an xt power supply.

thank-you

Bruno

A:Power supply without the board

An XT power supply has an on/off Switch attached to it.
AT supplies don't.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/power-supply-without-the-board.382930/
Relevancy 79.55%

I have a SP-A586B board that was working fine yesterday and this morning when I powered it up the Power supply and CD Rom Activate but nothing else happens. There are no Beeps, the monitor does not receive a signal. If I push and hold the reset button the fan over the CPU powers up but nothing else happens. I have removed the Modem, Network, USB boards. Still same results. Any thoughts on where to go next in regards to getting this board working again?

Relevancy 79.55%

hello
i have a asus a8n-sli premium mother board and a antec true power 2 550W power supply however when i look at the motherboard i have a 24 pin EATXPWR and a ATX12V connecter... the power supply only has a 24 pin connecter and not the 4 pin connector as well. acording to the power supply manual i can 'snap off' the 4 end pins to connect to a mother board with a 20 pin and 4 pin connector but what do i do to one with a 24 pin and 4 pin motherboard???
any help would be greatly appreciated

alex

Relevancy 79.55%

Hey guys and gals. I got a real prob. I recently purchased memory for my comp. and whe i went to power up i got nada. The green LED light on the motherboard is on just seems like its not turning on. Checked all my connections over 10 times. I was just wondering if i should clear the cmos and if that would help? Any suggestions would be a big help.My system is as follows.
asus a8n SLI prem. MB
amd ath. 64 3700
maxtor 250 gig sata
antec 500 watt psu
kingston 1 gig pc3200 X 2

Any other info i will gladly give. HELP HELP HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

A:Mother board wont power up need help.

So you are trying with a total of 2 sticks? You are not running with your old sticks in there as well are you?

Try the ram in different slots and see if you can boot up. Also try with just one stick at a time. You can also try resetting your CMOS, sometimes that will help you to boot up.

If you put your old ram in there, can you boot up?

Let us know how it goes.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mother-board-wont-power-up-need-help.51028/
Relevancy 79.55%

Hi folks,
Not sure if this is the right place but thought I'd ask...
Somebody put the wrong adapter into my AV700 and it blew. There was no noise, smoke or anything. It was on and working, and when the transformer was turned on it immediately stopped, so I am assuming that the power board has been blown.
Anyone know whether I can buy a replacement from anywhere )and don't suggest Archos, please).

It has the following on it:

AV607PowerV1.3
103493V13
HM6 94V-0

Many thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/archos-av700-power-board.864923/
Relevancy 79.55%

Hello,

Hardware:
I have been using HP Pavillion DV6220TX since 2007.

Problem:
The problem is that I have to move the power adapter pin in various direction applying pressure in different angles until the blue ring lights up

Background:
Since 2007 I have already changed the power connector board twice. I have bought the board off ebay and changed it myself. The problem has re-surfaced once again.

Question:
Does anyone know if I can use any other type of power adapter board? I think the design of the recommended board (431446-001) is flawed and gets damaged very quickly.

Thanks in advance.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dv6220-power-connector-board.971467/
Relevancy 79.55%

I have an Intel D865 Perl Board witha P4 proc.. Needed to replace power supply.
Got an Antec SP 500 watt unit. Noticed the processor power connector has different color wires from the old unit. The connector from the old unit has two yellow and two black. The new unit has one each yellow, orange, red and black wires. Need to know if anyone is familiar with the SP 500 supply why the difference. I don't intend to use it util I'm sure.
This is the first time I've seen this on a power supply.

Relevancy 79.12%

I have an on board VGA of 256MB RAM on it. But when I went to buy a 3D game in a local software shop, they said that game wouldn't work because my PC just have an on board VGA. They said if the VGA is a card which plugs to a slot, the game would work. What's the different? Can I add such a card additionally ? Whether the on board VGA & the card together give me high performence ?

Relevancy 79.12%

The "enter" key on my laptop (inspiron 1525) changed functionality last night. Now when I press "enter" rather than moving to the next line or to the next cell or to complete a formula in excel, it starts up my Window's Media Center. How can I correct this? Thanks!

A:Key board issue...

Hi and welcome to TSF

try a restore point before this happened.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/key-board-issue-627436.html
Relevancy 79.12%

Hi everyone Just wanted some input on a situation that I'm currently facing An Athlon desktop was brought to me for repairs when the Windows XP on it ceased to boot I then tried their CD which was scratched to the brim and it didn't this Board Is a Issue? install properly I then Is this a Board Issue? tried as an evaluation copy my Windows CD on the machine It installed fine for several days until the owner came to pick it up Wanting to present the fixed desktop Is this a Board Issue? to recommend they got another copy of their Windows XP CD it had a BCD error So I was a bit so I was a bit surprised and told him that I'd look further into it I figured it was the HDD that was corrupted and true enough when testing it with HDTune it had several bad sectors I replaced that SATA drive with another one I had which was a known good drive and it did the same thing Windows couldn't even install properly this time I figured this was an issue with either the SATA controller or the PSU But after several unexpected quot power -offs quot from the machine I decided it was the PSU which I just replaced with a brand new one I then formatted and imaged the machine just in case Same thing happened again after a day with the owner It's now back with me I did notice something else though Almost always when booting onto safe mode or any live environment such as Parted Magic Hiren's Boot CD MiniXP I get a garbled display It finally went back to having an issue with the BCD after several attempts to start it in different modes Perhaps this is just a side effect of hard power offs I can't say it's a on board GPU problem since it doesn't happen even spending hours on DOS environments I'm certainly confused right now and I just imaged the machine right now and I'm thinking on it I'd love some input on this Currently I'm leaning towards replacing the motherboard I've already done a memtest for the RAM and that seems to be in order Any input on this will surely help Thanks

A:Is this a Board Issue?

you could try different SATA ports, but it sounds like there is something broken in the CPU or mobo as they are the only ones that can screw up data in a HDD other than the HDD itself and RAM that are clean as you said.

Using a relatively high-end (10 years ago anywa, for nowadays standards it is trashy) 64mb GPU would be A LOT better than whatever that board has as integrated graphics, but I think that it's unrelated with the main issue.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/273182-board-issue.html
Relevancy 78.69%

here lately my power supply fan has been making a lot of noise I actually took it out and appart the other day and blew all the dust out of and put it supply the it Did mother board? kill Power bad? back in my computer It seemed to work fine and I Power supply bad? Did it kill the mother board? no longer had to smack it to make it quit whinning Well about a week later I woke up and the computer wouldnt wake up from sleep mode I finally had to power down and attempted a reboot but nothing happened The computer went to the blue HP screen and then a black screen with a cursor flashing Thats all I ve been able to get ever since Actually sometimes it doenst even go to the blue HP screen and just straight to the black screen with a curser I noticed also that the fan on the power supply no longer runs at all It seems that the power supply is bad Do you think if i replace the power supply it will fix the problem Could the power supply malfunction messed up my mother board The current power supply is a w which amazed me I actualy did attempt to use a old w power supply to only run my HD and grapics card for a lower power boot but I had the same outcome Someone please help Thanks nbsp

A:Power supply bad? Did it kill the mother board?

Best bet is what you were thinking, get a new powersupply, and make it more than 200 -.-

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/power-supply-bad-did-it-kill-the-mother-board.402304/
Relevancy 78.69%

hi

was wondering if anyone can answer this for me...

i want a graphics card along the lines of ATI X1900. it needs a 400W+ PSU, my system has a 250W PSU.

if i install a 400W PSU will it effect the other components in any way, eg... blow the motherboard? fry the HDD?

searched already for an answer but could find a specify yes or no... cheers guys

A:Power supply and mother board compatibility

Most likely no. There are some older Dell systems that had a proprietary power supply where the pins were switched around so that only a Dell PSU could be used.

As far as pure wattage goes, have no fear. 1000w power supplies are just as safe if not safer than that 200w in the current system.

Really, if your planning on investing in such a nice graphics card, you might as well put just a little more into the PSU as well, maybe a 450w or 500w.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/power-supply-and-mother-board-compatibility.550420/
Relevancy 78.69%

Hi All I have a HP Pavilion desktop PC running WinXP Pro After the computer sat unused and plug into the electrical Power Mother prob? supply board or outlet for a few months The PC will not turn on It worked fine before it sat The status lite on the back of the case at the power supply is illuminated green There is no boot up no bios splash screen nothing Here s what I have done Tried different electrical wall outlets Different but confirmed power cord Visual inspection inside the case ie wiring swollen capacitors etc Swapped out the ram Unplugged each drive one at a time then undid all at once Unplugged fan Power supply or Mother board prob? at processor chip Held power button for ten seconds or more Checked cable connections at power button Checked cable connections at the mother board Here s something that did happen After I discovered the PC wouldn t start I moved the PC to my basement workshop and it sat unplugged for a few weeks I started to work on the PC I plugged it in to the power and it started to boot up fans were turning etc I did not have a monitor plugged in so I turned off the PC to connect the Monitor and after words the PC would not power on again I unplugged the monitor to make sure it was a video or cable thing and the PC still would not start How can I tell the difference if it a Mother Board problem or a Power Supply issue I don t have a spare power supply close enough in similarities to swap out Thanks in advance -Dez nbsp

Relevancy 78.69%

I have Invision Power Board installed on my site and after a recent update from them Board Invision software? with familiar Anyone Power I have a Anyone familiar with Invision Power Board software? small glitch in my admin control panel I have posted on their support boards but they are fairly slow to respond and not nearly as busy as TSG Following is a copy of my problem as posted there Not sure what in the world happened but I have lost the drop down boxes blank white boxes as quot place holders quot are there but no drop downs to re-order forums and when the page is open re-order forums in admin CP I am getting memory errors as if my computer doesn t have enough memory Like if I try to view the source of the page it tells me I don t have enough memory but I can do it ANYWHERE else in the CP This is the ONLY thing that is malfunctioning and it s not the computer cuz it s doing it on any computer I ve tried it on logged in as two different admins I can do ANYTHING else it s totally weird I did install the v just prior to the problem and another quot hack quot just after the v fix which involved showing only categories and not sub-cats on the index php page which is functioning correctly as far as I can tell Everything else is running great just this little glitch If any of y all here have any guesses I would sure appreciate it I have re-uploaded the files pertaining to quot admin quot as suggested in the only reply to the above post to no avail Thanks in advance to anyone who might be able to help me out nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/anyone-familiar-with-invision-power-board-software.134756/
Relevancy 78.69%

The post on the charging cable is broken off and stuck in the receiver connector. This receiver cable runs to the main board and charges the battery. I would like to replace this internal cable. Where can I get replacements parts for my N21 chromebook? https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_6wlkL7cZhOeUpfZGhjZTJOS3c/view?usp=sharing

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Chromebooks-N20-N20p-N21/N21-Power-Charging-Main-Board-Connector/td-p/2179623
Relevancy 78.69%

I have a MSI K7N2 Delta2 motherboard and a Coolermaster power supply #RS-430-PMSR.Should these work together or do I have to change some of the wires?
Please help
Brian

A:mother board and power supply compatibility?????

Yes it should work fine

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mother-board-and-power-supply-compatibility.567664/
Relevancy 78.69%

So i had my pc tech stick my mini ITX board into a new case and all is working good but i notes he turned off a setting in the bios he told bios to not halt on errors i gutted alienware ? as power x51 board died so the had i my went and turned it on and i see the reason he did is due to so i gutted my alienware x51 as the power board died had ? the power sensor not being there anymore as it had a power board in it that distributed power to the system and i can see on the mini itx board were it would have been so i so i gutted my alienware x51 as the power board died had ? called him up and he said it wont hurt anything he set it like that so it would not be annoying to me that the board is fine and working correct it just had a sensor that is not there anymore so should i leave the halt on all errors off or turn it back on and just hit the F key to bypass it does it hurt anything to so i gutted my alienware x51 as the power board died had ? have it off he says it does not and mine was a special case as there was nothing we could do about it as the sensor was on the dead power board and dell wanted way to much money for it so i just gutted the x and the machine has been working great and runs even better

A:so i gutted my alienware x51 as the power board died had ?

I always use "Halt on all errors" because I want to know in advance of OS loading if something is amiss, but it really has nothing to do with reliability and speed of going thru POST or loading OS and it's further operation. If everything is working right it all comes down to personal preference.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/53448-so-i-gutted-my-alienware-x51-power-board-died-had.html
Relevancy 78.69%

Hi techies,

My dell inspiron 4000 laptop is not powering up. When I plug in the power supply to the wall outlet the battery lights up but as soon as I plug it into the laptop the light on the battery goes out. The part on the laptop where the battery is plugged in also smells burnt when I plug it back out.

Is this a battery problem or is it as I feared, the power section on the board is fried? Do I have to get a new laptop or can that part of the board be replaced?

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Orville

Relevancy 78.69%

My area had a freak high humidity event earlier this year, that caused water to condense on basically everything overnight.  It got to my laptop.  It doesn't power on when the power button is pressed.  However, I tinkered with it, and realized I can force a start by detaching the power button board from the motherboard, then briefly shoving the wire ribbon into the socket until it makes contact, then removing it.  The laptop can then boot regularly.  It can't successfully boot if the ribbon is left securely in the socket.  I never touch a button during any of this.  It seems this is likely a ruined button pad, right?

Relevancy 78.69%

can any body help me plug the power supply back to my mother baord, i unpluged it, and then lost the power supply. the mother bard is of an unknown brand. you plug two 6 pin plugs into it. one plug has orange,red, yeloow,blue, purple, and then black, and says P8. the other has 3 red in a row, a white, and two black and says P9. the board is pretty old it has a pentuim 200.

Relevancy 78.69%

Is it possible to take the power supply that has both ide and Sata cable and hook it up to a mother board that has only ide? And be able to use the sata out of the power supply to hook up a new hard drive?

A:power supply with sata to ide only mother board?

As long as the power supply has all the plugs needed for the system and hard drive its going into then yes. There's also adapters and splitters you can buy as well like this: http://www.usb-ware.com/sata-power-adapter-lp4satafm.htm (the reverse is also available)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/power-supply-with-sata-to-ide-only-mother-board.912549/
Relevancy 78.26%

Hello I am new here so i didn t really know where to put this so i chose this topic If it is wrong i m sorry anyways i have an IBM T i don t really know anything about it i got it used about a year ago christmas It was fine up until about months ago One day it just froze up It would not do ANYTHING so i turned it off I tried to turn it back on and nothing happened It acts like it s on the lights light up they power-on light is on and the battery light is green which means it is fully charged But it will not come on I ve researched and some people have an issue with quot stuck in standby mode quot This is not the issue for me i m sure The standby light HELP! System Board Issue? is HELP! System Board Issue? not on When i HELP! System Board Issue? turn it on it makes four short beeps four times like quot beep beep HELP! System Board Issue? beep beep pause beep beep beep beep pause beep beep beep beep pause beep beep beep beep quot I kept researching and all it says is four beeps means system board I don t know if something is WRONG with the system board or what it means I don t even know what the system board is Can someone PLEASE help me i have been trying to fix my laptop for over two months now Thank you EDIT OS XP nbsp

A:HELP! System Board Issue?

I think you`re probably correct in thinking this is a problem with the system board. See HERE.

If that is indeed the case, then you only have two choices. 1: Get the laptop repaired. This could be quite expensive and it`s up to you whether you feel it`s worth spending money on.

2: Buy a new laptop.

Regards Howard

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-system-board-issue.88105/
Relevancy 78.26%

when i press start button i am not able to start my computer.
i checked every cable by reinserting again.
cpu fan is running slowly and smps fan also running. but i am not able to see any light on mother board.
So please try to provide the solution

Relevancy 78.26%

I have a Gateway GT5252 Desktop here at work from one of my co workers friends. The on board video died. She put in a PCI Express Graphics Card. There is still no video. We think we need to go into the BIOS and change the information related to graphics around to do the PCI Express Graphics Card instead of the on board. The problem is that when we boot it up it wont show anything. Any suggestions? If anyone can post by the end of the day (230/245) that would be great that way we can get started on fixing the issue really fast.

thank you

Relevancy 78.26%

Im dealing with a Asus Pundit-R pc and this type has the intergrated sound , now im running Windows 98 se. I installed the sound drivers that came with the disk from Asus and everything works like the sound, but I keep getting a BSOD "Fatal Exception Errror" and the error is the sound driver. Now even though the disk does have 98 drivers for it, the pc is does recommend running windows 2000/XP for optimal performance. So my next step is I disabled the on-board sound, and install a pci sound card, now that installs fine but you hear no sound at all, so its either keep running the on-board sound and get "bsod", or run the sound from the pci card and get no "bsod" and no sound. Heres is the link to the pc..http://usa.asus.com/products/desktop/pundit-r/overview.htm

A:An on-board sound issue..

Did you install the ATI chipset drivers first before loading the other drivers??
With the new sound card, did you install the drivers for it??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/an-on-board-sound-issue.337294/
Relevancy 77.83%

Hi I own a Intel Pentium D CPU 2.80Ghz running on 2 core processers it is a HP PC m7360n. And Running on Upgrade Version of Windows Vista Home Premium. I have 300watts Powersupply running with Radeon x1600 512MB PRO Version. Then I "want to upgrade to 700watts" Powersupply with out any issues from "300 watts power supply". Is it safe enough to install the powersupply? Also I gotten today Radeon HD 3870 512MB wich is require to upgrade 450 or higher? Is it ok go and head install the power supply? Or can my HD 3870 can or can't? run 300Max which I know is unsafe. :/ I don't want to take any chances. Or not I just goto a local computer store and pay for them to install it.

A:Installing 700w Power Supply to Intel 4 Board

I would go ahead and install the new power supply. You should have no issues as long as the new power supply has all the proper connectors your equipment needs such as a PCI-E connector (for the graphics card) and a 700W should. If you are worried about a 700W being too powerful for your old setup, don't be. Your PC will draw only what it needs from the power supply even if you install a 1200W PSU.

Each type of PSU connector can only be connected to its own type and they are keyed so it is hard to install them backwards. After installing all the new power connections, double check the data cables. Sometimes they can get loose by accident when you are installing the other cables.

If you haven't bought it yet, make sure you get a good quality PSU. This is one piece of equipment you don't want to go too cheap.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/installing-700w-power-supply-to-intel-4-board.96345/
Relevancy 77.83%

My Lenovo nbsp did not start one day nbsp - when internal button the Power board... main Broken from I phused thr ON bottin nothingI bought it in October nbsp for school nbsp and it was Lenovo computer number in the household I am the only one using it nbsp and it is nbsp off limits for all other family members - nbsp I take good care of my computers nbsp I clean it Broken Power button from the internal main board... frequently nbsp always keep them in a bag or in other protective - nbsp and it shows it almost look like Broken Power button from the internal main board... it is new After monthsSince the warranty is still valid I took it the shop were I bought it certified Lenovo dealers then the rapair guy calls me and says that they found the problem the internal Power switch that is nbsp attached to the main board had broken clean off and it was loose in side the computer and nbsp then he tells me Lenovo says that this is not a warranty malfunction nbsp nbsp WHATT nbsp how can my usage og misusage cause this problem nbsp The outer shell does not have any signs of mistreatment and ON button it self is intact so how can this happen nbsp If had been nbsp dropped there would be sign on the outside and if someone messed with the on button it would show some signs nbsp nbsp in my opinion the only way I could have nbsp caused this is to peal off the on button and stick something in the hole to break the on button attached to the mainboard clean off Any other explanation out there and why should the warranty not cover it In my opinion the button must have been very poorly attached to the main board and that is why it fell off even with normal usage of Broken Power button from the internal main board... the computer Lenovo takinn png KB

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Broken-Power-button-from-the-internal-main-board-waranty-or-not/td-p/3393440
Relevancy 77.83%

I recently bought three computer cases, all new (still in a factory-sealed box) and supposedly for Intel server boards. I am wanting to use one of the power supplies in a standard case with a standard desktop board with a twenty-pin power connector. The power supply has a twenty-four pin connector.

Here's the question: Can I simply connect the twenty-four pin connector to the twenty-pin board (letting the extra four pins hang off to the side, unconnected) and have it work that way?

These server cases for Intel server boards are something I have no experience with and I just don't know.

A:Question about power supply for Intel server board

Yes you can.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/question-about-power-supply-for-intel-server-board.826410/
Relevancy 77.83%

helllo....yesterday my power supply had a little smoke show and i replaced the power supply but now the video will no longer go to my monitor..would this be my video card or mother board dead???
the fan on the processer is still spinning around when started up and seems as if it boots

thanks alot

Relevancy 77.83%

So i have a really old computer. The mother board is a Asus M2N MX SE Plus and i'm having problems doing the last step which is plugging in those Power cables to actually turn on the computer. So there's a 2 pin with the label, "Power sw", another 2 pin with the label. "H.D.D Led", another 2 pin with the label, "Power Led" and lastly a 3 pin with the label, "Power Led E". On the mother board, i know where the panel is for these cables but i just don't know where each one goes. There's intotal of 9 pins with 4 on top and 5 on the bottom. Please if someone knows where to put each on this old motherboard pleaseeee tell me

Relevancy 77.83%

Hello everybody. On one of my websites for one of my internet radio stations, I use Invision Power board for the message boards, and one of my DJs wants the calendar events to show up on a page on the main site.

It's either that, or he wants FTP access to add the events to an html page, but I think the calendar on IPB would be alot easier for him, and be easier on my mind too knowing people dont have access to my FTP.

The address of the forum is here:

http://www.party107.com/forum (click Calendar in the upper right)

Does anyone have any ideas on how to do this?

Thanks

-Mark

A:Display Invision Power Board Calendar on a webpage

can you look at the database stucture and write custom code to get it out? Is the db a mysql db? Just look at the fields and pull it out on your own.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/display-invision-power-board-calendar-on-a-webpage.168911/
Relevancy 77.83%

I live in Germany and only want to order HP board? dv6610eg - USB/power Compatible Pavilion connector products from Germany The original spare part - is too expensive here for such an HP Pavilion dv6610eg - Compatible USB/power connector board? old notebook Hence I search for compatible USB power connector boards nbsp My notebook was in repair during its warranty time Obviously even HP did replace the power connector board with another one because my current one has the model number DDAT APB nbsp Could sth happen to my hardware when using a spare part having the following characteristics both connectors from the power board to the mainboard fitthe connector from the power supply to the power jack fitsthe power of W is correct nbsp nbsp Is the DC jack pin size of mm correct nbsp nbsp I consider buying a part with the modell number DA AT TB F German According to this page English many HP spare parts and model numbers should be compatible to each other or am I getting sth wrong nbsp HP PartSurfer does not show any compatible products nbsp My current power connector board http www directupload net file d nk mwrca jpg htmhttp www directupload net file d f rdk uo jpg htmhttp www directupload net file d gzgvmz jpg htmhttp www directupload net file d fjb byg jpg htmhttp www directupload net file d kkaw uj jpg htmhttp www directupload net file d ys ww jpg htmhttp www directupload net file d prlt tw jpg htm nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Pavilion-dv6610eg-Compatible-USB-power-connector-board/td-p/5745397
Relevancy 77.83%

Hey, About 5 months ago i decided to swap my HDD for an SSD, for some extra speed. However, when opening the laptop i broke the ribbon cable off the power button board. In the last 5 months i tried buying a replacement from ebay. I have bought boards from 3 different sellers, and not one of them worked. They all showed the same behavior; plugging and then unplugging the cable from the motherboard started the computer, and as soon as i put the cable back in, the computer shut down. I used a multimeter to see what was going on, and it turns out the new boards did not switch anything, whereas the original board switched when the button was pushed (of course). Is there a way i can purchase an official replacement?  Thanks in advance!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Replacement-power-button-board-for-hp-15-g230nd-not-working/td-p/5829713
Relevancy 77.4%

So recently for the last few months my PC has been running oddly slow and about 4 days ago the PC would not boot up BIOS. The HD seems fine, I took a look at the caps on the Mother board and they look ok, but who really knows since I cant test  for leakage and etc. has anyone else had this issue with the 500 Series. I did roll back win 10 to an early version of win 10 but I think this is more of some part on the main board going bad.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/HP-500-010-xt-series-Mother-Board-issue/td-p/5650857
Relevancy 77.4%

I have a Gigabyte motherboard GA-7DPXDWP and am expereinceing a problem where the bios does not pick up the hard drive, I have tried it as Master/Slave and cable select. At first I taught it was the new hard drive, but I tried two others and the same problem.

What I have found is that a harddrive with an O/S instaled will boot, but it does not show up in the BIOS. If I try to boot with a new hard drive I get error "ntloader" not present.

I have tried flashing the bios to no joy.

Can some one shed some light on this.

A:Gigabyte mother board issue

Have you tried a different ribbon and/or the other IDE port on the motherboard?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gigabyte-mother-board-issue.26651/
Relevancy 77.4%

Hi all

I recently bought myself a new motherboard so i could use more & faster RAM (MSI Intel Dual Core EXTREME BUNDLE)
Problem is it came with a onboard 7.1 sound card which at first i though was handy, but now i've realise that windows isn't recognising the sound card, its not even appearing in Device Manager and i cant find any audio settings anywhere in the BIOS so i'm a bit stuck.

Was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions, Cheers

P.S heres a Link to my exact Motherboard Specs http://www.maplin.co.uk/Search.aspx?criteria=a97ht&source=15&SD=Y

Relevancy 76.97%

Older Dell Optiplex GX tower model Okay first I extra come board on, to power won't light Power a harddrive from an HP older system that had just recently crashed Now I want to read that drive right I put it in as a nd drive in my Dell Optiplex system set the jumper to cable selected Power light won't come on, power to board go into BIOS and select Power light won't come on, power to board my st drive to show Power light won't come on, power to board it as AUTO I hit Save changes upon rebooting it it gets to the end of logo display and freezes Weird never saw that before I think crap maybe the IDE cable is set wrong or something I remove the cable and molex plugs from both HDD s after the power is off and set it back to the way it was When I reboot I get to the end of the logo again and it freezes and I can t even get into BIOS Very strange Well I go back again to check my work and see it is fine with how the IDE cable is sitting and the Molex plug Now the system won t even power on The light to the MOBO is on but the system won t start I undo the front panel and work to see if the cable is worn but it is not and it appears to be fine The light to the signal will not work to go green at all What do you think could be most common issue of this and why I don t have a multimeter to test the system with and I don t know if it s more than a passing problem I have never encountered anything like this were a system worked fine then you attempted to just read a nd HDD and it started to cascade a bunch of problems to the system Any help or ideas are much appreciated thanks nbsp

Relevancy 76.97%

Hi there My Pc is custom made and is Custom has to No Pc Solved: board, working. mother stopped power Help! around Solved: Custom Pc has stopped working. No power to mother board, Help! year and months old about months ago i noticed that the Pc would take a few seconds from pressing the power button to turn on A minor concern Then around months ago I came back from christmas break plugged the power cable back into the mains and it would not come on the motherboard light was off and no sign of life I turned everything on and off checked cables ect By magic a few hours later the light came back on Today i put it into sleep as i was only leaving for half an hour or so i come back to find that the light has gone off again and has now been unresponsive for around hours I have suspicions that it might be the CMOS battery due to turning it off at the mains after shutting down therefore draining the battery I have noticed no performance issues or odd noise s this has happened very apparent Update Went to a shop and got the Psu tested turns out it has blown I ve bought and installed a new one Corsair w modular Now i fear the motherboard is fried aswell Green light comes on however the fans and leds flash on and off Update the nd Took out both sticks of RAM and GPU one by one and tested no life ordering a new board Specs OS Windows Pro bit Asus p z -vlx motherboard Psu Xfx Pro series w modular Corsair Vengance x DDR Ram Intel i lga Gigabyte Geforce GTX SSD s x gb HDD tb seagate drive Optical drive Many thanks nbsp

A:Solved: Custom Pc has stopped working. No power to mother board, Help!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-custom-pc-has-stopped-working-no-power-to-mother-board-help.1146859/
Relevancy 76.97%

ok this is totally nuts. I can start the computer with the battery and it can only see the external screen. I remove the battery and plug in Ac then I have to do hard reset and it will come on. It can see both the external and internal with the ac power but only the external with the battery and wont power on with both ac and battery in.I have checked batteryupdated Biosupdated driversreset biosAAAAAAAAAAAAAAhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!Help

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Hp-Envy-dv6t-7300-board-change-will-power-on-with-battery-or/td-p/5853870
Relevancy 76.97%

ok this is totally nuts. I can start the computer with the battery and it can only see the external screen. I remove the battery and plug in Ac then I have to do hard reset and it will come on. It can see both the external and internal with the ac power but only the external with the battery and wont power on with both ac and battery in.I have checked batteryupdated Biosupdated driversreset biosAAAAAAAAAAAAAAhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!Help

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Hp-Envy-board-change-will-power-on-with-battery-or-Ac-power/td-p/5853870
Relevancy 76.54%

Hi, the space bar, forward slash, and b and n buttons have stopped working! Any ideas why and how to fix? Many thanks.

A:Dell Latitude E5410 key board issue

Pezzabuzz said:

Hi, the space bar, forward slash, and b and n buttons have stopped working! Any ideas why and how to fix? Many thanks.Click to expand...

could try hitting shift key 5 times to bring up the message alert for sticky keys. follow the options for disabling them.

also, have you tried an external keyboard? Have you tried cleaning the keyboard with the machine off and a can of compressed air?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-latitude-e5410-key-board-issue.1171684/
Relevancy 76.54%

So recently I got a new monitor assuming that something is wrong with my old one. But the same problem occurs, my monitor still goes blank! Well, ever since I switched my video card (same time I got my old monitor) I was experiencing that problem. People at the store are no help at all since they are so clueless!

So I came to this conclusion, its either my video card that's experiencing problems or my mother board is getting out dated or whatsoever. (I got it back in 2003 and its Pentium 4 hyper-threading) My current mother board doesn't have a monitor slot on the pentium, only has a slot where the video card is. I don't think that could be a problem because when I had my old video card, I never experienced any problems. Please help.

A:Video card or mother board issue?

Youre going to have to be a little more specific about the problem. When does the screen go blank? What type of video card are you running? And a Pentium 4 w/ HT is by no means outdated.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-card-or-mother-board-issue.500104/
Relevancy 76.54%

I'm guessing that it's probably just a compatibility issue... or just how it is, but I'm curious:

I updated my laptop from Windows XP Pro to Windows 7 Pro a while back. It started out as just a minor inconvenience, but it's getting to be very annoying. When I plug in my external speakers (via the headphone jack) or my headphones, Windows doesn't automatically switch the sound output to the headphone jack. I have to manually switch it ("Manage Audio Devices"). The same is true for the reverse, when I unplug my headphones.

Is there any way around this, or is it likely an issue with the compatibility of my sound card?

Please and thank you!

A:Headphone jack/on board speaker issue

Do you have the correct Windows 7 drivers for your Audio system? The XP drivers are not compatible and you need at a minimum Vista drivers as Vista and Windows 7 handle sound functions differently than XP.

On most newer "HD Audio" systems the jack is "auto sensing" and switches "logically". On many older PC systems that is a mechanical function with the jack.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/64275-headphone-jack-board-speaker-issue.html
Relevancy 76.54%

I just bought the computer. Tried updating drivers, tried the drivers on the asus disk in box. tried all settings for sound, volume, real manager, playback. I am having no luck. One fix I find on the net is over my head. here is the link http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=253642&st=0&p=1663125&#entry1663125.
Any help is aprciated.

A:p8p67-m Mother board no audio issue

Just Bought the Computer? Warranty it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/407281/p8p67-m-mother-board-no-audio-issue/
Relevancy 76.11%

My wife told me battery boot supply, during mother off or power up turn system board that her computer just turned off I came home and found out that the power cord had a short in it and I replaced it I tried to turn it back on and it started to boot up and then it turned back off I tried again with the same results I tried it with the power cord disconnected with the battey and the battery will not hold a charge power supply, mother board or battery system turn off during boot up long still the same thing I took the battery from my computer which is the same as hers and it booted power supply, mother board or battery system turn off during boot up back up If you turn it off and try to boot it up it will turn off after the windows logo note I just put a new motherboard in this computer about a week and half ago I removed the memory one at a time and then it started to boot up screen went black and then a short blue screen and looped back to start up don t know if it is the motherboard or not one thing I did notice with the computer off the charge light isn t lit up at all The power supply light at the plug is blue but no charge light When the computer is up and running in the systems tray you can see that the indicator shows power plugged in and charge indicated but still no blue charge light I have a HP dv with a AMD prossessor Can anyone help me nbsp

A:power supply, mother board or battery system turn off during boot up

I would run chkdsk /r on the hard drive from Recovery Console as going down probably created some magnetic shock to the drive, that can fix.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/power-supply-mother-board-or-battery-system-turn-off-during-boot-up.829416/
Relevancy 75.68%

Good evening I recently purcahsed a nbsp Asus geforce gtx from a friend and a new Thermaltake TR W Graphics Mother board compatibility and card issue? power supply for my computer nbsp nbsp I installed them both and turned my computer on nbsp All components had power the computer stalled at the HP blue loading screen with the hand nbsp It gave me the option to enter boot mode but would not allow me to access it nbsp There was a single beep with a long pause and then another beep this hapened for a bit and then multiple beeps but would not allo me past that screen nbsp nbsp I reinstalled my older graphics card and left the new power supply back in The computer started up fine and I am still able to use it nbsp I tried installing the card again made sure all connections were good but received the same Mother board and Graphics card compatibility issue? result nbsp nbsp I did not take off any of the existing drivers or was unable to insatll the cd drivers that came with the card nbsp CPU - HP Pavilion nbsp p - cGraphics Card - ASUS nbsp GTX -DC OC- GD Power Supply - Thermaltake TR W nbsp Thank you Curtis

A:Mother board and Graphics card compatibility issue?

Greetings, The GTX 760 requires UEFI BIOS. It will not initialize. You have to go with Nvidia GTX 600 series cards or look at Sapphire Legacy/UEFI cards. MSI and Gigabyte offer newer Nvidia cards with Legacy/UEFI  BIOS also. Cheers!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Mother-board-and-Graphics-card-compatibility-issue/td-p/5616642
Relevancy 75.68%

Hi - I think the audio hw on my mother board is shot. It's an emachine 3418 running win/xp.

Up until a few days ago it was working fine (had sound). Now nothing. The diagnostic properties for the device say it's working fine. But it's not. Desk speakers don't work, nor headphones. Also the front jack doesn't produce either.

Wondering, can I just put a PCI audio card in, and override the sound card on the motherboard?

Alternative debugging techniques welcome. Thanks in advance guys & gals.

Ed

A:Virgin post on this board - Realtek audio issue

Yes, you can install a PCI audio card. Just remember to disable onboard sound in the bios after you install the new sound card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/virgin-post-on-this-board-realtek-audio-issue.89056/
Relevancy 75.25%

I just recently Inhearted a computer from school after my IT teacher couldn t get it to run Both my IT teacher and I thought for sure it was the Computer boot mother board will shows on Power light green supply not led up, power supply or the Computer will not boot up, Power supply shows green led light on mother board power switch The Problem is that the computer dosn t do anything at all when you press the power button My teacher told me that when he first started having the problem he would press the power button and maybe Once out of every fifty times it might boot up then the problem got worse and only started like every th time now it dosn t work at all The system is a Used MDG with a GHZ cpu and mostly all stock parts The system came with a stock watt PSU When I first took it apart I pulled out the power supply completely and tried to put in another one that I had laying around however it had the wrong connector so I just put the old one back in when I put the PSU back in it seemed to have power as I could hear the electricty following thorugh it and a green Led light would light up on the mother board however if I pushed the power button it would still do nothing the CPU fan wouldn t even turn The only time I actually notice the CPU Fan do a quick turn is if I disconect the power from the PSU for a long period of time then reconnect it So I went to the local computer store tonight with the switch and the man tested for me and it did end of being a faulty switch so I purchased I brand new I then put it into the computer and still nothing and believe me I tired many different configurations on the front panel hookup on motherboard so that only led me to think that it might be a CPU so I replaced the old GHZ cpu with another GHZ I had and still nothing Is it still possible that this could be a PSU problem I mean it still lights up the green led light on the motherboard but then again this is not alot of power so I m officially stumped I m basicly open to any sugestions at this point and hoping that this isn t a motherboard issue if it was wouldn t it still power up just blink error lights or beeps or somthing I would really really appretiate any help that you guy s could offer me thanks alot nbsp

A:Computer will not boot up, Power supply shows green led light on mother board

computer won't boot

I think youve got a bad psu. I've had a similiar problemand replaced the psu. Check the voltage outputs and if not in range replace it. twildet

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-will-not-boot-up-power-supply-shows-green-led-light-on-mother-board.42160/
Relevancy 74.39%

Going crazy...please help.

I built my new computer tonight, however it won't start. There is power to the motherboard, because I can hear and see the fans when I turn it on, however the CPU fan doesn't move. It initially spins a rotation or two and that is it. It (fan on CPU) does the same thing when I power it off, just a initial spin but doesn't move. Any ideas...I would be so grateful. Here are my system specs (all bought from Newegg)

Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 Conroe 2.66GHz LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor
GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3L LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Intel Motherboard
Rosewill RP550-2 ATX12V v2.01 550W Power Supply
4stick of - G.SKILL 1GB 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400)
APEVIA X-JUPITER-JR G-Type X-JPJGT-BK Black SECC Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

Thanks so much!

A:Built new computer, normal fans work, but CPU fan doesn't spin, board wont power

Sounds like a power supply problem, or a error in connecting a cable. Thus the shot spin of the cpu fan. But usually you just missed something too obvious to think about.
Reseat all cables. Reseat all memory modules. Then try it with one or two memory modules at a time. Then switch to the others.
Check your CPU for proper seating, and possible bent pin.
When no longer frustrated, think through everything you have done in the setup, even the heat sink and thermal paste.
We have all gone through this. We know has exasperated you must feel.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/built-new-computer-normal-fans-work-but-cpu-fan-doesnt-spin-board-wont-power.98186/
Relevancy 70.95%

I was recently tinkering with my system and when it came to pressing the power on button nothing happened I opened up the case and the green light on the mobo was on so I knew power was - on ideas? Power issue Bizarre getting there I assumed it was a power switch issue so I shorted out the power switch pins Bizarre Power on issue - ideas? on the mobo and all was well More recently I am getting the same problem but now shorting out the switch doesn t work This morning she refused to power up so I laid it on its side opened it up pressed the switch a few times and swore at it Nothing happened SO I am just sitting there conjuring up new swear words when it just starts up fans spinning and away we go - I never even touched it I have restarted a number of times today and no problem I m afraid to power off for an extended time but I live in Houston and this puppy puts out a fair amount of heat and we don t need any more heat in the house So it doesnt seem to me that it could be a PSU problem While running voltages are stable etc So is it a mobo problem It seems after an extended shutdown i e overnight it cools down and then won t start Is that a symptom of something cracked I don t mind replacing parts - I just don t know which parts or how to troubleshoot this problem Any suggestions nbsp

A:Bizarre Power on issue - ideas?

Get a PSU tester for about $12. It's worth the money.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bizarre-power-on-issue-ideas.57220/
Relevancy 67.51%
A:A 31 Power leds on inverter board are out-all leds...

Welcome to the forum! Any other signs of life...fan running, media drive spinning..? Good luck and let us know. 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T61-and-prior-T-series/A-31-Power-leds-on-inverter-board-are-out-all-leds-on-Mother/td-p/42298
Relevancy 62.35%

I am trying to write a stored procedure that will call SQL*Loader to load a file. I plan on scheduling this task using DBMS_JOB so that my data is loaded over night. I already have an NT batch file that does it, but am trying to get away from that.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/any-ideas-on-how-to-call-sql-loader-from-within-a-procedure.51602/
Relevancy 61.92%

It has been bugging me; I have a pentium 4 2.4 Ghz running Windows XP Pro and I do a lot of number crunching. If I want to 'multitask' by clicking another program icon or aplet anywhere on my screen, it usually takes about thirty seconds to respond. My other machine is a PIII with 933Mhz and Windows 98SE. I get a second program to come up in under 5 seconds, no matter how busy the CPU. I was told XP was 'truely multitasking' since there was no DOS to overlay, was this all hype? I know that memory and background tasks can affect this, but my real question is this;
Is there an Administrative or setup function that tells XP 'How' to manage programs, like Windows 98, (you can set the pc to Server, or Workstation mode (or was it desktop; I forget?)). Thx paj692

A:They call this a new thread!?

The similar setting in XP is under the System applet in Control Panel, Advanced tab. The setting for memory use is for programs for Workstations and the one for background tasks is more appropriate for servers since the foreground tasks are less important. More mamory is set aside for caching with that setting.

Pretty much the same can be said for the CPU setting on that page, too.

There are also registry settings that can be changed for CPU quantas and how much should be assigned to foreground versus background tasks.

But, the easiest way to insure that a particular app gets priority is to right-click it in Task Manager and assign it a higher CPU priority, or create a batch file that gives it a certain priority on startup.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/they-call-this-a-new-thread.307232/
Relevancy 61.06%

I am getting a Core i7 860 tomorrow. Also a Gigabyte P55-UD4P motherboard and some Mushkin 1600 RAM (7-8-7-20)

It should give me a couple of years of good use. (I hope)

Has anyone got a P55 setup yet. Anything bad or good you have heard about the platform.

I like to try new things. I could have got the i7 920 and a decent X58 board. that's boring. haha

I am hearing the i7 860 is right up there and even outperforms the 920 in some cases.

Anybody have any experience with Mushkin RAM? I was told to try it out. My friend seems to think I will be pleased with it.

I'm also wondering if anyone has a P55 board you have run into anything strange.

Thanks

A:Anyone have a P55 board set up yet?

I don't have one (yet) but I have only heard great things about the P55 chipset and especially the i7 860 processor. Be sure to let us know how it goes

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/25011-anyone-have-p55-board-set-up-yet.html
Relevancy 61.06%

I have a very weird problem. My computer does not respond upon booting. It powers up but there is no response - the monitor stays in standby, the activity light on the CD-ROM stays ON, but in a multi-coloured manner and there's nothing I can do.

Maybe I'm wrong, but it looks as if power is coming to the M/Board from the PSU but not returning to the PSU to boot up the PC

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/is-it-the-psu-or-the-m-board.917233/
Relevancy 61.06%

Could someone plese tell me how to input the power signs in algebra (windows 7). 3 to the power of 4

A:key board uses

Use the karot key (Shift - 6): ^. ex: 3^4

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/key-board-uses.958313/
Relevancy 61.06%

I'm probably looking right at it & can't see it. I usually see it at the top of other forums. I see 'forum rules' right away but not a list of 'how to's' which is what I need.
Thanks.

A:Where is board help

What help do you need with the forum?

Post it here.

Or look in the Tutorials.
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/230624-where-board-help.html
Relevancy 61.06%

i just changed the board in my pc it is a asus cusl2 when it goes to start xp fires up fo r second and shuts down wondering how much ram is needed to run xp

A:new board

how much ram have you - I have seen it run on 128Mb - certainly a lot of machines with 256Mb where sold

have you made sure the cooling is correct and put any heatsink compound between the fan & CPU - could it be over temperature and shutting down ?

did you put the FAN on the correct way round - some CPUs had a small slot/ridge along oneside and you had to get the CPU Fan assembly the correct way around to nake good contact

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-board.787411/
Relevancy 61.06%

i built a computer with good specs... im very desprite so i cant type them up but it cost me over 3,000 dollars

its a athlon 3200XP+
asus motherboard
2 GB low latency corsair ram
500psu power supply
you know, all that good stuff

last night i was experminting with overclocking.. i did some voltage settings and it ran very fast, extreamly fast i liked it. well i got greedy and increaced some settings even higher and now IT ISNT BOOTING UP!!!! i cleared the cmos and everything i can think of.. im panicing out of my mind because
IM IN SO MUCH TOUBLE THIS ISNT MY COMPUTER!!

i tried different processors and ram
did i ruin the motherboard!!

any advice at all is helpfull!!!!

Relevancy 61.06%

Looks like the 754 is an extinct species. But I still have a couple of working cpu for 754, and ddr400, and agp cards....so anybody know a source other than evil bay?

Relevancy 61.06%

eTrust anti-virus from CA inc is offering for FREE their ezArmor suite. ($49.95 value). Free updates for 1 year. This, IMHO, is a very good A/V and firewall program. Go HERE This is a CA and Microsoft offer. After 1 year, you pay only the renewal fee.

A:To all on the Board

Emtronics,

Thanks for this and all the good tips you give all year round.

Season Greeting.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/to-all-on-the-board.185451/
Relevancy 61.06%

HI i was wondering if i could change the pc board in my laptop to an hp 688277-501 pc board.

A:need new pc board

Yes you could. Here is the Manual: Manual See p. 16. This would upgrade you from the E-300 processor to an E2-1800 which is a slight upgrade but still an upgrade. All other parts will be transferrable...memory heatsink wi-fi card etc.  If you need any more help post back If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/need-new-pc-board/td-p/5641079
Relevancy 61.06%

I posted an earlier question about "PXE-E61: Media Test Failure, Check Cable"
I've been intouch with HP who told me it was probably the Hard Drive & the MB but a local PC store says that both are unlikely to be down, he tried to connect to the HD using an adapter but he couldn't detect it. So it's most likely the HD. Before I go buying a new HD I read about a PCB Board for sale on Ebay that fixes 50% of bad drives. I'm not sure of the likelyhood of this working - could it really work? and is it easy to change whatever I have to change?

http://cgi.ebay.com/SEAGATE-ST98082...ageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem?_trksid=p1638.m118

Thanks.

Relevancy 61.06%

Hi techspotters it has come time to modify my old rig I m planning to upgrade the cpu without changing my motherboard but there is a slight risk involved that the purchase I am going to make is with CPU board AM3+ AM3 faul So back to basics My current MB M A TD PRO AM3 board with AM3+ CPU USB - link Current CPU Phenom t oc running ghz Current RAM EVOleggera x running underclocked mhz the one to upgrade to AMD FX -- So this is a basic operation a cpu swap but few questions popped up on the research phase M A TD is a AM board which apparently after some searching supports some of the FX series cpus that are AM I have also found the corresponding BIOS that I need to flash myself to to make it work properly and be recognized by the MB link Q amp A FX is known to support mhz RAM speeds my existing RAM runs max at without overclock and is placed x which occupies all slots and might confuse the FX which supports dualchannel as usual Meaning I will need to leave my RAM running at mhz how big will the reduce be in the performance of the CPU- mhz vs When setting up the proceccor I will need to disable the Turbocore to make it stable on the older AM board which only supports cpu speeds up to ghz and the fx on turbo bumps to ghz After disabling turbo all cores are set to run at which by research is the most stable option on my existing MB Will FX bottleneck gtx or gtx and how bad it is going to be Upgrading hardware is always nice but am I making bold move by upgrading a year old cpu to almost as old one And if someone with more knowledge can state me that there is no performance gain to be maid I just might stick with my old as long as its still breathing and calculating Thanks in advance for replys And no changing an motherboard is not an option So fond of my old rig best regards m nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/am3-board-with-am3-cpu.214400/
Relevancy 61.06%

I need help in locating drivers for a 648 MAX MSI motherboard, and I also need help in locating drivers for the network card also. Its ethernet

any help would be appreciated, I have XP-home edition installed on the computer

A:648 Max MSI board

I guess this is your board.
http://www.msicomputer.com/product/p_spec.asp?model=648_Max-L&class=mb

You have a sis chipset, so you look for sis, xp, drivers for whatever device you want.
http://www.msi.com.tw/program/support/driver/dvr/spt_dvr_list.php?part=1

I think the top driver here is for your lan.
http://www.msi.com.tw/program/support/driver/dvr/spt_dvr_list.php?part=1&kind=2&CHIP=2&COM=16

I think the top one here is agp.
http://www.msi.com.tw/program/support/driver/dvr/spt_dvr_list.php?part=1&kind=1&CHIP=1&COM=3

Or you can get drivers from sis.
http://www.sis.com/download/
Look that it's compatible with your motherboards chipset before you dl, it says your chipset on the link to your motherboard above.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/648-max-msi-board.29435/
Relevancy 61.06%

my board is an ecs l7vmm3, can any one help me if i can put an 512mb ddr400 memory into it? im currently using 2x256mb ddr333. i just couldn't found info on their site regarding that matter. thanks

A:help ddr on my ecs board

Go here and do a scan: http://www.crucial.com/
Crucial says VMM2 supports DDR400, but they don't have VMM3 on the list, I don't know if it finds info for that board with the automatic scan...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-ddr-on-my-ecs-board.775788/
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi, i need a new board my computer is currently not working and it freezes at the motherboard screen ive done tons of tests and diganosed it to be the motherboard as the problem. (ive also posted about this a few weeks ago)

I need to get a replacement board thats cheap under 100 bucks pref if you can help thanks.

Motherboard That needs Replacing - MCP61PM-HM (Has AMD Processor in it)

Relevancy 61.06%

Is a 4x, do I have to get a 4x card or will a 4x8x card work?

A:My board

if the card works in both 4x and 8x mode then a 4x slot should work fine. There may be a performance decrease running the card interface at half speed.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-board.44569/
Relevancy 61.06%
Q: board

I nbsp bought an HP spectre notebook nbsp and purchased an HP nbsp accidental damage plan waranty and year Care Pack This plan covers accidental liquid spills nbsp It has no exlcusions based on the type of liquid spill NONE nbsp THERE ARE NO STATED EXCLUSIONS FOR BIOHAZARDS IN THE POLICY ACCORDING TO HP nbsp I was at a coffee shop and a friend bumped the table and knocked over water coffe and tea It spilled all over my computer There were many witnesses nbsp keys on the computer stopped working after this liquid spill I contacted HP and they offered to board send on site repair staff but I couldn't take hours off of work board to wait for them to come HP preffered for me to send in the computer anyhow They confrimed the liquid spill of coffee tea and or water is a covered board event nbsp They sent me a box and I mailed the computer back in to them I took photos of the computer condition before shipping It was dry on the outside and we had shaken out as much of the liquid as we could I sent the computer in When it got there I immeidately got an email about a cracked LCD It did not have a cracked LCD when I shipped it and it was well packed nbsp I called them and they said someone would get back to me nbsp I then got a text about an hour later stating my computer was being shipped back to me I figured it had been repaired They gave no info about the computer itself nbsp I got the box on April th There were no biohazardous or dangerous material labels on the outside of the box I opened it and pulled out my computer The inside of the box was wet the computer was dripping with a whiteish brown liquid that smelled of coffee nbsp I immeidately took pictures and emailed them to HP to tell them they shipped me back my broken computer they need to fix it I figured the liquid on it was some of the spilled liquid that had shaken out of the computer on shipment The liquid had been all over my hands It seemed like an awful lot of liquid I had the photos to show I shipped them a computer that was dry on the outside nbsp I called HP and they informed me they had assessed the computer and had determined nbsp there was a nbsp dangerous biohazard liquid on it and they could not repair it because the liquid posed a safety and health risk to their staff nbsp I looked in the box and saw a soaked white piece of paper with biohazard checked off as a reason why they would not fix it This alleged biohazard was all over the notice itself and was all over my hands nbsp I had a complete nevrous breakdown and had to get medical care nbsp I called HP and they did research and determined their service center thought the white brown liquid was urine HP further accused the coffee shop of selling us drinks with urine in it I went to the health dept and had a friend who is a biochemist assess the situation All agreeed it was coffee not urine and HP was making serious and very wong accusations they had no basis to make All agreeed HP was trying to pull whatever they could to get out of a covered repair I called HP again and they looked at their own photos and they agreeed there was an error made by the service center and they agreeed to re-assess the computer nbsp They sent me a box to mail the computer back to them That box arrived May nd and I sent in the computer documenting the condition of the computer throughly and sealing it up at the FedEx office I did not put biohazard labels on it becaus emany witnesses and professionals had determined it was not a biohazard and never had been nbsp HP signed for the computer on May rd On May th HP agreed to refund the full amount of the computer and said they would send me a box to send the computer back to them in I pointe dout that they already had the computer They signed for it on May rd HP wrote me on May th to tell me they had searche their records and nbsp they again claimed there nbsp been a biohazard and the computer was shipped back to me on April th They told me the case was closed and indicated nothing abou... Read more

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/board/td-p/5611850