Windows Support Forum

Question on Acer 29" monitor and other monitors

Q: Question on Acer 29" monitor and other monitors

So newegg is offering the Acer 29" B6 B296CLbmlidprz IPS monitor for about 350. Seems like a pretty good deal but I can't find many reviews on it. I was wondering if anybody had any experience with this monitor and/or if you guys have better options for someone who is looking for an IPS monitor below 400 bucks. I want to game with it as well as do some 3d modeling and photoshop work. So I need reasonable response time for gaming. I was also looking at the HP ZR2440w and was gonna get that until I saw this deal on newegg for a larger monitor. 24" models are fine but if there are good deals on some 27" inch ones then I would be interested in those as well. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Question on Acer 29" monitor and other monitors

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Question on Acer 29" monitor and other monitors

Heres the link for that monitor.
Relevancy 68.8%

Hi all This issue really bugs me every few months it'll happen one of my three screens times it's the Acer will display as a quot Generic "Generic Acer Non-PnP setup. Tri Monitor S240HL Monitor" Non-PnP Monitor quot with this it'll only display in usually same as the other screens This set up works perfectly most of the time and has done for the last few years but as I said it comes and goes I've done a lot of research online and the best "Generic Non-PnP Monitor" Acer S240HL Tri Monitor setup. advice I can find is that when it happens if I unplug it all and let the capacitors drain in the monitor and GPU then when reconnecting everything it'll work fine I've done this before and it's not worked I've also done it and it's worked I've also had it in the past where "Generic Non-PnP Monitor" Acer S240HL Tri Monitor setup. it's just reverted back to how it's supposed to be mid use My set up OS Microsoft Windows Home Premium -bit SP CPU Intel Core i GHz Motherboard ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC CM CM CM "Generic Non-PnP Monitor" Acer S240HL Tri Monitor setup. CM Display SONY TV x Hz Display Samsung S B x Hz Display Acer S HL x Hz lt --- Displaying as quot Generic Non-PnP Monitor x Hz quot GPU AMD Radeon HD Series I've got the latest drivers for all the hardware I've got the latest windows updates for everything I've tried older versions of the drivers for the GPU no difference with the issue I've been to the Acer website to download a driver specifically for the monitor but they haven't got one on there for this montior on this OS just for Windows Vista which Windows won't recognize as an install-able file Any help would be much appreciated this is driving me up the damn wall

A:"Generic Non-PnP Monitor" Acer S240HL Tri Monitor setup.

You can try forcing the install of the vista 64 bit driver, you pick update driver then follow the yellow steps and if you get the bottom picture if its unsigned just pick install anyway.

Good luck
Relevancy 68.37%

Hello I have read several different threads all over the internet regarding a resolution problem in Windows that has to do with the resolution refresh rate etc I have tried to force a quot custom quot resolution using nVidia's Control panel but it doesn't seem to do anything to fix the issues I have x quot monitors and while using Windows XP there was never a problem such as this It seems as if the monitor that is labeled as quot Monitor quot cannot have a proper resolution set and Monitor Monitors, Resolution Dual 2 Incorrect "Blurry" it is making quot Monitor quot be blurry Monitor is set to x which is correct and everything is clear as day but the best I can do for monitor is x and that just makes it blurry and difficult to read which is an extremely bad strain on my eyes Any solution or tips that I can try would be great I was hoping a new driver would solve my problem so I was Dual Monitors, Monitor 2 "Blurry" Incorrect Resolution waiting for one to come out but since the newest one came out yesterday and it's been over a month Windows Dual Monitors, Monitor 2 "Blurry" Incorrect Resolution is out I am losing hope so now Dual Monitors, Monitor 2 "Blurry" Incorrect Resolution I must ask for help Thank you so much for any help

A:Dual Monitors, Monitor 2 "Blurry" Incorrect Resolution

1680 >>> 1600

1050 >>> 1024

is enough of a difference to makes things blurry? I don't think so. The difference is minute and practically indiscernable (less than 8%.)

You could try locating and installing the .inf for the 2nd monitor but 1600 might be the max resolution it can go.

You could also try making a custom res for the monitor.
Relevancy 66.22%

I had a 2 monitor system. A few moments ago monitor 1 quit. I rebooted into safe mode and assigned monitor 2 to monitor 1. It still shows as monitor 2 so I don't get a menu bar and all right click actions are invisible as they are still going to the virtual monitor 1.

How can I tell my system there is only one monitor?

Right now, I'm in safe mode.

A:Win thinks I have 2 monitors. Can't see "monitor 1"

Rebooted machine without monitor cable. Rebooted again with monitor cable. Worked.
Relevancy 65.79%

I am using an Acer 22" widescreen monitor, (x223w) and since I have it I have been getting the "input not supported" error message while booting.
I never took the time to look it up, but today I did. I found lots and lots of solutions, but none fixed it.

What I did learn, is that many people have trouble with this monitor, and get the same error. And in a lot of the cases, it had something to do with the maximum resolution supported by the video card, and the resolution set on the monitor.

I have looked up the maximum res. of my VC, (Nvidia Geforce 8500GT) and it was 2048x1536. So why would the resolution of 1680x1050 bother it?

My OS is Windows XP

Does anyone have a solution for this?

A:"input not supported" in boot acer 22" ws monitor

its not what the video card can output, its what the monitor can handle

If you try to get the monitor to run at a higher rate than it can handle, it wont work and goes blank. this is why XP gives you the 15 seconds to agree to the change....
Relevancy 64.07%

I have a new Acer AL1714 flat monitor. It works fine most of the time, but occasionally when switching from one user desktop to another in WindowsXP I get a bouncing grey box that says "Input Not Supported". At that point it seems there is nothing to do but reboot. It is frustrating!

Any suggestions are appreciated.

A:Acer Monitor "Input Not Supported" after changing desktops in WinXP

check the refresh rates in the desktop with the problem in safe mode
Relevancy 64.07%

I've just bought and installed my brand new Acer S243HL LCD Monitor to my computer. I've followed the instructions and done everything as it should be in the set-up process. The problem is, I got this frame in 1920 x 1080 and 1776 x 1000 modes. I'm using a HDMI-cable.

This is how it looks like:

Here's my computer specs:

Manufacturer: Self built
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q9650 @ 3.00GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.0GHz
Memory: 8192 MB RAM
Hard Drive: 1,77 TB Total
Video Card: XFX Radeon HD 4890 1GB GDDR5
Monitor: Acer S243HL LCD
Sound Card: ATI HDMI Output (ATI High Definition Audio Device)
Speakers/Headphones: Logitech Z-680 5.1 THX / Icemat Siberia Headset
Keyboard: Ideazon USB Zboard
Mouse: Logitech G5 Laser Mouse
Mouse Surface: SteelPad 5L
Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_rtm.090713-1255)
Motherboard: MSI P45 Neo-F
Computer Case: Cooler Master HAF 932
Thanks in advance!

A:Solved: Acer S243HL LCD Monitor "black frame" problem

I've found out some more since last time. I brought the monitor back to where I bought it, and it worked completely fine, so I came up with a conclusion.

It has to be something with my graphics card or something. But that is also actually a bit weird, 'cause I get the frame even while booting! Why!?
Relevancy 63.64%

This Monitor worked just fine in Vista. When I upgraded to W-7,
the built in driver VIA - Display - VIA Chrome9 HC IGP Family WDDM
is useless! It restricted max resolution to 800 X 600 !! Disgustingly crude
resolution. Googled for ever but found nothing workable. Lot's of sites
want to sell me Driver update service for a fee.

So, in desperation, I downloaded driver from Acer written for Vista.
Removed Windows 7 driver, and installed the Vista driver. It works fine!
I can now go upto 1366 X 768 pixels resolution.

Now every time I get Windows Update, it tries to install the unwanted
built in driver. I right clicked it and selected "hide update" option. From
now on, Windows Update should not be nagging me about the Monitor Driver.

A:Windows 7 Driver for "acer" Monitor X183H

Hello and welcome Bobby mate some system specs would be very helpful as we need to know what the system has in in components wise.
System Info - See Your System Specs

Having said that the resolution seems pretty limited and again it would be good to see the specs so that we can see why.
Relevancy 63.21%

There are a few threads that do not specifically indicate that the Acer monitor has this problem.

I post this thread title merely for those searching for a solution, since the other threads do not feature Acer in the title.

The problem to this issue is certainly not the video card or drivers.

The problem is the power button. In order to reset the monitor so that the "no signal" problem disappears, one must unplug the monitor power cord and plug it back in. Then, do not turn the monitor off with the power button. Just shutdown or hibernate the computer leaving the monitor power button on 24/7.

This has solved the problem in most cases.

Some posters have suggested an Acer class action.
Relevancy 61.92%

i jus bought a brand new computer running a 8800gtx and i am running a 22 inch acer lcd. when i plugged my monitor in it goes directly to no signal and goes to sleep. i have tried switching from analog to digital in monitor settingsand i have tried both vga with dci-d adapter and straight dvi-d cords. any suggestions

A:Acer monitor has "no signal"

Have you tried to use another monitor? LCD or CRT?
Relevancy 61.49%

has anyone got one of those full HD acer 23" monitors??? are they any good? because full HD for £119 seems pretty damn good to me.

A:Acer 23" HD monitor

That's a pretty new piece, don't be disappointed if you don't garner many testimonials in the forums. Acer's monitors generally have good reputations check this page at Newegg, I dunno if this is exactly the model to which you're referring, but there are 414 reviews to pick from.

I believe these new "full hi-def " monitors (1920 x 1080) are 16:9 aspect ratio. a standard WS monitor is 16:10. Consequently, these units are shorter in the vertical than standard. What this boils down to is, a 23" unit would only have as much vertical dimension as perhaps a 21" standard ( 16:10 WS).
Relevancy 60.63%

As of yesterday, my screen has turned a shade of blue, and it appears that there is no red in the screen. My monitor is only a couple months old, and the warranty is still good.

A:19" Acer LCD monitor problem...

-gmmarine- said:

As of yesterday, my screen has turned a shade of blue, and it appears that there is no red in the screen. My monitor is only a couple months old, and the warranty is still good.Click to expand...

Is there any way you can plug a diff. monitor in. This way we can eliminate your graphics card out. Cross your fingers and hope its the monitor. I see you have a intergrated chip graphics card. I belive that came out in 2005. If you have been running games, you could have overheated it. 2 pixle pipes are not rec. at all for todays games. Just a thought. Thats a lookin monitor btw 8-]

Relevancy 60.63%

I believe that my problem is one that might have been answered before, but I have not been able to find the answer.
I have an Acer monitor, and usually leave my computer, monitor, printer etc turned on, but I have just been on holiday and before going away, I turned everything off. I returned home today and when I turned my computer on, I got a message on the monitor saying Acer and then "No Signal" and then the screen went black.
I tried googling my problem, and the "solution" I found was to unplug the monitor and to hold down the monitor power switch for 30 seconds, then plug it back in. This did not work. (I am assuming that the "power switch"is the yellow/blue light at the bottom right corner of the monitor?)

A:Acer Monitor - "No signal

I assume this is a desktop.

Have you tried the monitor on another system? If not, then do so to be sure the monitor in fact works.

Post back with the result and [if necessary] we can further troubleshoot.
Relevancy 60.63%

I recently had to re-install everything (brand new hard drive). After all the critical updates, SP2, etc - I still can't get my Acer 19" (AL1915) to show windows being dragged across the desktop all smooth-like. The drivers I'm finding are of a compressed folder containing three files:
al1916 - Security Catalog
al1916 - ICC Profile
al1916 - Setup Information
I've tried to Update the Driver specifying the locations of those files, computer search on its own, everything. I've downloaded a performance driver from AMD (my computer is an AMD Athlon(tm)64 Processor). A program ensued, smiled at me, then went away. Restarted. Nothing different.

I've done it before, but I can't seem to get it back to where it's supposed to be (like in the good old days when the last C drive was just fine.

Any guidance? Please?
Relevancy 60.2%

I encouraged my 84 yr old stepdad to buy a larger monitor for his failing eyesight. Alas, the new Acer H243H 24" monitor is bigger but the full screen option distorts everything (squashed images). We have his XP settings pushed up to 800 resolution to make the text/icons as big as possible. But how do you fill a monitor's entire space with largest text/icons possible -- without distortion?

A:Help me adjust stepdad's new 24" Acer Monitor

I think I answered my own question. After hours of googling I learned widescreen monitors are designed to show several windows at once NOT for enlarging 1 page's view. At least now my stepdad can see his entire desktop (when resolution is set at 800) even if his Solitaire cards are stumpy. It seems, from my research, there are no good solutions yet for failing eyesight and computer monitors. Even magnifiers only enlarge 2X. We had encouraged stepdad to buy a new TV and plug his computer into that, and according to one forum, that's the best solution. TV's work on lower resolution. . . I feel bad I helped him spend all that $ on a new, bigger monitor that just introduced a new problem.
Relevancy 60.2%

I hooked up my HP Omnibook laptop to a new Acer 22" LCD monitor a couple of days back, and got the BSOD. With some searching, however, i was able to find enough info here on TechSpot to get the laptop back up and running.

Some additional information:

The laptop is Y2K vintage.

Windows XP Pro is the OS.

Any additional info I should add?

So what are the most likely causes of the OS crash? I can sort thru a Workstation PC fairly well, but I'm kinda lost with this little laptop.

A:My HP Omnibook laptop will not run Acer 22" LCD monitor

The video refresh rate of the laptop may not be correct for the ACER 22"
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi I don t know if this is the right Forum part to ask this question but here goes anyway A friend of mine has a system with an ACER quot lcd monitor His complaint is that when you view photgraphs they are streched to the monitor s widescreen without maintaining the photograph s aspect ratio photo is wide and short misforming the image tall people become fat and short etc I suspected it would be a software setting for the viewer that would enable or disable the aspect ratio settings so you could then have to either zoom in ACER Aspect LCD Monitor Ratio 23" or out to see the whole picture in it s correct proportions I couldn t find anything and only using the monitor s built in menu I was able to set Aspect ratio to Full or Aspect Setting it to Aspect does not fill but ACER 23" LCD Monitor Aspect Ratio puts two ACER 23" LCD Monitor Aspect Ratio black bands ACER 23" LCD Monitor Aspect Ratio left and right Is there a way to keep the full screen for normal use but configure the picture viewer or other graphic software to open and maintain the aspect ratio I found no settings for this and via Google I haven t found any information yet Advice is highly appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 60.2%

Hello I got my With Problem HD5770 Acer ATI 23" Monitor new graphics card yesterday an HD My previous card was a HD I did not upgrade my card's fan failed so they sent me a new card but to my surprise it was a new model but that is a story for another thread So happy as I am I installed the new card and behold I cannot run my screen at Don't know how to describe this but my screen is smaller and centered It is like watching a movie with dimensions that your screen does not support a black strip is present at the top and bottom of ATI HD5770 Problem With Acer 23" Monitor the screen Only in my case the black strips are top bottom left and right Currently I'm running my screen at the only resolution where my screen is displayed quot full screen quot If you don't understand ask me and I'll try to explain better I will even take a photo and post it What can be the problem Do I have to get a new monitor or what Thanks

A:ATI HD5770 Problem With Acer 23" Monitor

Saidar, welcome to the forums.

First thing to ask, did you remember to uninstall the video driver and CCC before installing the new card, and then install the driver again?
Relevancy 59.34%

Ok. So let me tell my story.

Received this monitor as a gift. (around Christmas) Two months ago... the screen went berserk. Sent it in.. took forever to get it replaced, not fixed...

So received it yesterday, and I tried it. The screen was berserk... but it soon fix it itself or something I did randomly fixed..... now, it went berserk, and have no idea how to fix it.

Also... I am using XP.

(Start Menu)
(Ctrl Alt Delete)
(Alt F4)

Thanks for taking your time and reading it!!! Much appreciated.

A:Acer AL2216W Black 22" Widescreen LCD Monitor Help!!!!

Relevancy 59.34%

Someone is selling this monitor locally (Los Angeles, CA). I googled the model number to check out reviews and only non-US websites returned any hits. Is this some kind of gray market product? Is it fully compatible with US spec hardware?

Relevancy 59.34%
Relevancy 58.48%

Over the last months I purchased Monitors DVD's & Flat Monitors Monitor & Size > my teen son Monitors & Flat Monitors & Monitor Size > DVD's a Creative DVD Drive for his Compaq Presario as well as a Creative Audigy MP Sound Card and the Creative Cambridge DTT Speaker Dolby Sound System the things kids get today you can send your donations to Anyway he was the basic quot Compaq Monitor that came with the system and of course he is now nagging me that this monitor quot is a heap of crap amp how do Monitors & Flat Monitors & Monitor Size > DVD's you expect me to enjoy all this great stuff you bought me with this tiny monitor when I am trying to watch Britney Spears Concerts quot So my question to you all is that if I ever pay off Visa and can purchase him a new monitor I want to purchase the largest best Monitors & Flat Monitors & Monitor Size > DVD's quality for the dollar monitor I can afford What do you suggest What is the scoop with the Flat Monitors he is driving me nuts with How do LCD monitors measure up Please keep in mind that my main concern is his viewing of DVD s Music Video Files Mpeg that he downloads amp the zillion games he has According to the specs on his Presario Model BW he has an Intel Celeron T MHz MHz Bus Speed RAM yes I will double that to via Crucial Com ASAP GRAPHICS Intergrated Direct AGP Graphics - bit hardware accelerated D graphics Maxium non-interlaced resolution of up to x when supported by monitor If you require any additional information please advice Thank you in advance for your time amp effort A Broke Dad nbsp

Relevancy 55.47%

Hi, I didn't know where to put this, so I hope this forum is okay. I have an HP G60 laptop with vista home premium, and I recently bought a 24" monitor, only to come to find out that my laptop doesn't come NEAR to providing enough pixelization to make the 24" monitor run at it's full potential. Is there anything I can do about this to make it run in it's full potential? Thanks!

A:Laptop using 24" monitor question...

hm.... other than upgrade your ram..... there is nothing
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi I m hoping I m posting this at the right place if not please move A week ago my girlfriends laptop started giving an error "ACER" laptop Acer screen. stuck on message on boot saying quot No bootable device press any key quot I tried a number of suggestions I found posted online to similar issues but to no avail I didn t want to completely reset the machine since it was still under warranty so I figured if we just submitted it for repair someone might be able to save more of her files However girlfriend lost the warranty receipt We gave up searching today so I went back in to try and reset it I couldn t access the recovery partition of the hdd and gf didn t make a recovery disc So I decided to try a reset using a recovery drive I made from my own Acer laptop which like hers came with win This seemed to work so I let it do it s thing I checked back on it a while later and it was on but when I checked again it was stuck on the quot ACER quot boot screen It was stuck on there for a couple of hours not responding to any key input When I restarted it by holding power button to turn it off first it again got stuck on the Acer screen If I m quick enough I can get into BIOS during boot but not once it s stuck on the acer screen Do you have any ideas what I can do try to get this thing working again Specs Acer Aspire e - Windows HDD Toshiba MQ ABD nbsp

A:Acer laptop stuck on "ACER" screen.

Unless your laptop is the same model as you girlfriend's - or at least from the same laptop series - your recovery disk won't work, mainly because it will try to install the wrong drivers.

I think your best bet is to try to get it fixed under warranty. You may not need the receipt, you can check the laptop's warranty status here :-
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello everyone
I just received the Acer X203H monitor I bought the other day, as an upgrade for my X193W which I have been using for 1 year. I plugged in the new monitor, got the No Signal message briefly, then the monitor went into standby mode. The monitor didn't react when I turned the computer on, so I decided to plug in my old X193W monitor to see if it was the computer, it did the exact same thing as the other monitor and went into standby.
I've rebooted, changed the cables, checked the connections, now neither of the monitors work.

A:Acer Monitors

Was the old monitor working before you swapped to the new monitor? Is there really much difference in the 2 monitors? Size is about the same... Picture quality?
Relevancy 52.46%

I would like to have a dual monitor setup and my second monitor doesn't get dected when having the monitors plugged like this :

(My second monitor is the one plugged in #1)

I looked around and it looks like I'm going to have to buy a vga to dvi adapter just like the one I have on #2 and plug it just beside #2.

I was just wondering, is that all I need to make my dual monitor setup work ?
And what's the difference between female & male adapters ?
The one I have on #2 Is female and i<m wondering if I need to buy another female or male.

Sorry for my english my main language is french.
Thanks for the help !

A:Dual Acer Monitors

Your current setup won't work. You will need to plug "1" into the graphics card like "2" is.

You will need a male to female DVI to VGA adapter if you are using a VGA cable.

You can get one pretty cheap, but don't be tempted to buy the really cheap ones, their build quality is very poor.
Relevancy 52.03%

I have two Acer 1916W LCD monitors. One is old and is has a DVI connector and the other is new (although not new to the market) and lacks the DVI option. Obviously the picture is much different between the two and i was wondering the best settings for the monitor w/o the DVI. Or perhaps I can get an adapter for it to make it DVI? Not sure if thats possible. I guess I would then need a DVI splitter. Anyways, I am just wondering if I should send it back or if I can set it so it doesn't kill my eyes looking at two different monitors. I am getting the annoying "refresh rate" headache =/
Relevancy 51.6%

I have recently uninstalled Vista (more problems than I can possibly list here) and reinstalled Windows XP. I am using 2 Acer AL1917W monitors and a Radeon X1600 Series Video Card. When using this same equipment with Vista, both monitors work using the recommended 1440 x 900 resolution. Now that I am using Windows XP, only monitor #1can be set at 1440 x 900. If I set the monitor #2 at that resolution, I receive the error "Input Not Supported" and the best resolution I can get is 1280 x 960. There are no drivers for these monitors on the Acer site.

Can anyone help??
Relevancy 50.74%

Both of my monitors are working fine, but it is just the same picture being duplicated. The point of this setup is obviously to get an extended picture rather than having two monitors showing the same thing. The problem is, when I go to display settings, only one monitor is detected (which is not even technically true since both are lit up).

The computer is an HP Pavilion 550-152I, and the monitors are running off of HDMI cables (the computer has two HDMI outputs).

I have checked the display settings both by right clicking on the desktop and by going through the Control Panel, but neither is detecting a second monitor.
I have tried updating display adapter drivers via the device manager, but it made no difference.

Any suggestions?

A:Dual monitors error message "Didn't detect another display"

Hello and welcome to the TenForums

Have you tried the Windows Key + P to access the dual monitor setup? You might be setup as duplicate rather than extend.
Relevancy 50.74%

I mainly play LoL and Starcraft But recently I can t get through a full game A few minutes into each game my monitors turn black and after scanning through each input read quot No Signal quot The sound of the game stops and I can sometimes hear a faint buzz from the speakers My computer continues to run but my monitor remains Signal-less I ve been looking for a solution all day but cannot find any threads that match my situation exactly I ve checked driver updates none I ve Monitors say "no signal" games!!! then blink, when Solved: playing crash, updated Windows up to date and I ve defragmented my Hard drive Nothing that I ve done worked Specs -Windows -Intel Core Duo GHZ -Asus p G T-M LX PLUS -MK Power W PSU -GeForce GT - GB RAM - GB HD -Dual Monitor Acer x I realize it s a dated rig but I ve never had these problems before Could it be my PSU is too weak or my GPU or my monitors I built this computer myself my first one worked good for about a yrs till now PLEASE HELP ME nbsp

A:Solved: Monitors blink, crash, then say "no signal" when playing games!!!
Relevancy 50.74%

I have just upgraded video cards from two Nvidia GT cards to this MSI x Newegg com - MSI R X GD OCV GB -Bit GDDR PCI Express HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card I have a monitor setup and I was told this monitor can handle up to monitors independently of each other able to have one giant desktop like I had with my two GT cards I only have out of monitors hooked up right now via DVI because I need a DP cable for the rd but my monitors are quot mirroring quot each other "Mirrioring" itself on please video card help monitors, multiple New instead of being an extended desktop When I go to Screen Resolution win amp click New video card "Mirrioring" itself on multiple monitors, please help Detect it still only shows monitor amp when I hit Identify both monitors mirror each other with a big quot quot Does anyone know how I fix this I can't seem to figure it out On top of this mirroring issue I have a screensaver called Helios amp on my other cards it would go across all screens and be super smooth now this card is very choppy amp slow and freezes completely for a second or two I still have both monitors hooked up via DVI but I have the nd monitor shut off because the mirroring was giving me a headache so I'm not sure if it's still affecting how fast the card is working or not but either way I'm still monitor shy of my setup I'm almost afraid to try to hook the rd one up Is there some settings I can adjust to smooth everything out amp stop this mirroring effect Should I delete the old Nvidia files amp drivers etc or can I keep them on without issues New video card "Mirrioring" itself on multiple monitors, please help incase this MSI card goes bad and I need to use the GT as a backup Thanks

A:New video card "Mirrioring" itself on multiple monitors, please help

You should be able to right click on Desktop and get this screen after clicking SCREEN RESOLUTION

after that you should be able to manipulate Display Values

Once you get to the screen like this you should be able to choose Extend Displays /On the tab that says Landscape it will give you varies ways to change display from Duplicate to Extending them

I have a 2 monitor set up but the other one is used to watch stream content for family enjoyment it doesn't show the features unless it is turned on none the less this should give you an idea
Relevancy 50.74%

Dell recently came out with their new 20" "widescreen monitor" the 2005FPW.
Can anyone explain what the advantage is of this 20" 2005 FPW over the 20" 2001FP (other than maybe for DVDs)?

From what I have read, the 2005 is an inch wider (18.6" VS 17.6") , but the screen is also shorter in height.

The 2001FP has been around for some time and I don't see any of the complaints that seem to be so numerous for the 2005FPW. Yes, the contast ratio for the 2005 is 600:1 VS 400:1 and the image brightness for the 2005 is 300 cd/m² VS 200 ...but does this really translate into much of a difference?

Other than being "newer", is the 2005 any better than the 2001 as a monitor?

Thank you.

A:Dell Monitors: 20" 2005FPW VS 20" 2001FP...I Don't See The Advantage...Do You?

I'd say it's a matter of personal preference. Try to get to see both of them in action. If you can't do THAT, then check out LAPTOPS that have widescreen vs regular. That should show you what the widescreen difference is all about.
Relevancy 50.74%

I am trying to run 3 monitors from my graphics card, as listed in the specs, but it only picks up one of the monitors on the splitter the other just says no connection or signal. I am not even sure if it is possible to run 3 monitors?????

A:Running 3 monitors from graphics card using splitter "help"

Welcome to Seven Forum :- Check this link boafx You sure will get the help you need to connect 3 monitors to one computer. Let us know
Relevancy 50.74%

I have a laptop that has an Intel Core i QM built in HD graphics and also an Nvidia GeForce GT M with Optimus running Windows Pro x All latest updates are installed and both GPUs have the most current drivers I am running into a horribly annoying problem when I attach a second screen to my laptop via HDMI and extend the display that did not happen on Windows It is difficult to explain and a VERY strange problem What happens is that whenever the second screen is connected when I move my mouse pointer over certain things that cause it to change like hovering over a link turning into a pointing finger it will stop moving for a second almost as though it became quot stuck quot on the place it changed and the got unstuck It does not happen in all programs In MS Word and WordPad though when you move the cursor on and off of the page as it moves over the border and changes to the margin resize tool it happens It also happens in other programs It is the most annoying thing in the world The faster I move the mouse the worse it is I have tried forcing the Intel GPU only and the Nvidia GPU only from the Nvidia drivers Neither setting has any effect Anybody know how to fix this

A:INSANELY annoying "mouse lag" with two monitors attached..

This happens to me in Windows 7 at work. I assume it's related to the wireless mouse i'm using, and it's power saving system.

What kind of mouse are you using?
Relevancy 50.31%

Acer has added a new monitor to their gaming-focused lineup, the amazing looking XR341CK. This 34-inch 21:9 UltraWide QHD (3440 x 1440 pixels @ 75Hz) IPS monitor comes with a curved display in a zero frame design, which Acer says...

Read more

A:Acer reveals 34-inch curved QHD FreeSync and G-Sync monitors

This type of monitor is the best way to channel the power of your GTX 980 Ti, which inherited its anti-aliasing power from the many generations before it, as opposed to having it choke on the 4K pixel-mania in chase for almost the same effect, at the expense of the dropped FPS.
Relevancy 50.31%

so i got 3 monitors, and 3 DP -> HDMI adapters, 3rd adapter being the active that enables 3rd monitor.
so everything works up to there except that the desktop is stretched rather than being in a group of 1 x 3 (3 x 1 \ 1x1x3 etc).

i have tried every possible setting there is and i cannot seem to get the extended "group" in eyefinity mode?

it beats the whole purpose of it being a "grouped display mode". and i cannot edit the group of 1 x 3 (being stretched mode) into a extended either so that i get the mouse to the right of the display to get to the other monitor.

is there something i can do? 3rd party software or something?

A:stretched eyefinity only "mode"? for 3 monitors?

So you want to extend each desktop, correct?

In Catalyst control center go into your Monitor/Display settings and look around. I don't know the exact setting anymore because I did it for a client a while ago.

What you have to do is find the section where you see your monitors on the bottom. You will want to right click on the first one and click extend. Then right-click the second monitor and click extend again. You should then have 2 monitors extended and 3 desktops.

Please let me know if I misunderstood.
Relevancy 50.31%

First off let me be clear on the fact that I don t actually know what I m talking about so it d be kind of you to try and understand what I m getting at I m pretty much hardware handicap So I bought a tv so that I could watch tv go figure But also so that I could hook it up to be my second monitor and to use the extended desktop feature so that the tv and the monitor divide the view The thing is I m running my PC view on the the TV through the HDMI dual and "normally" / monitors? connected DVI HDMI DVI socket with a very expensive cord I might add leaving the the regular monitor hooked up with the quot normal quot HDMI / DVI and "normally" connected dual monitors? socket Computer recognizes two monitors hooked up but only displays one the TV When I HDMI / DVI and "normally" connected dual monitors? boot my computer both screens show the boot up but are cloned As soon as I hit the login screen the monitor loses it s signal and goes blank while the computer still recognizes it s plugged in This makes me think it has something to do with my graphics card which is ATI Radeon LE one of those basic default cheap cards that are plugged in brand computers Basicly can I do something about it Do I have to buy a new graphics card just for this If so could you recommend something that can do what I want is adequate to run newest games with normal settings and doesn t cost over e preferrably nbsp

A:HDMI / DVI and "normally" connected dual monitors?

I don't have an ATi card so I don't know what the specifics are called, but if you right click on your desktop, go to properties, then the display settings tab. In there there is probably an advanced settings button, then that will bring up a window with several tabs. One of those will allow you to choose which display is the Primary monitor, and there should also be something in there like "extend desktop to this monitor". That should allow you to run both at once, and not have them both displaying the same thing.
Relevancy 50.31%

I installed Windows "input monitor not resolution, now Changed says monitor supported" and found some apps did not fit the monitor screen too big I went in and changed the monitor resolution to a larger size windows recommended x but I tried something larger and now the monitor has a black screen with a little box moving around which says quot input not supported quot Not being able to use that monitor to go in and change it back I hooked up a flat screen t v which worked but Windows only showed the current monitor size which was smaller than the Changed monitor resolution, now monitor says "input not supported" original monitor I tried the monitor on another computer Changed monitor resolution, now monitor says "input not supported" I have also running Windows and it worked fine It shows the resolution as x When I plugged it back into the original computer I get the same plack screen with quot input not supported quot so I can't change it there I suspect the issue is with the registry somewhere in Windows on the first computer but I have no idea really what the problem is I've been working on this for a whole day now You can probably tell I'm not well versed in computer technology I just want my old monitor back Acer K HL and I promise I won't mess around with it again Does anyone know how to help me

A:Changed monitor resolution, now monitor says "input not supported"

Originally Posted by GaryR

I installed Windows 10 and found some apps did not fit the monitor screen (too big). I went in and changed the monitor resolution to a larger size (windows recommended 1920 x 1080) but I tried something larger, and now the monitor has a black screen with a little box moving around which says "input not supported". Not being able to use that monitor to go in and change it back, I hooked up a flat screen t.v. which worked but Windows only showed the current monitor size (which was smaller than the original monitor. I tried the monitor on another computer I have also running Windows 10 and it worked fine. It shows the resolution as 1920 x 1080. When I plugged it back into the original computer I get the same plack screen with "input not supported" so I can't change it there. I suspect the issue is with the registry somewhere in Windows 10 on the first computer, but I have no idea really what the problem is. I've been working on this for a whole day now. You can probably tell I'm not well versed in computer technology. I just want my old monitor back (Acer K272HL) and I promise I won't mess around with it again. Does anyone know how to help me?

Not your model, but this article may help with some procedures. Acer Monitor says "Input Not Supported" - Forums - CNET
Relevancy 49.45%

I'm getting a new monitor soon. :grinthumb Shortlist:

Samsung SM245B £312, 24"

Samsung Pebble SM2232BW £212, 22"

Samsung Syncmaster SM2220WM £164, 22"

I can spend £350 for a great monitor to replace my (horrible!) no brand name 19" LCD. I want to know what monitors you guys have, and what ones you recommend I would like to use 1980x1080 resolution supported by the Samsung SM245B, but are there better 24" monitors in the same range?

I'll be using it for Video editing, image editing, 3D work, watching HD movies, and gaming

A:Best monitor? what monitors do you use

Samsung, LG, Sharp, and Phillips are the best, in our experience.
Watch the adjustability of the stand, both up and down and lateral.
The low priced ones have bad stands, and bad controls.
A good clue is whether they offer a three, four, or five year warranty. You do not want one with a short warranty.
Relevancy 49.02%

Hey, all. Really hoping someone can help me with this.

I'm not sure what information to give other than that my monitors (the laptop's, in addition to a HDTV hooked up via HDMI) are both blacking out, seemingly randomly (except that it's always when I'm doing something and never, like, when I've come back to the computer from being elsewhere). The problem only occurs in Windows (I use Ubuntu as well, only using Windows for work, as that's what my VoIP software requires). I've tried reinstalling drivers. I've tried fiddling with different resolutions and refresh rates a bit, though I feel like there's little I can do there without fully understanding how those might affect the issue.

Does this sound familiar to anyone, or does anyone have any ideas what might be causing this problem? Perhaps someone just has some ideas as to how I can narrow down the possibilities.

Thanks in advance!
Relevancy 49.02%

For My Info:

How do the new "wide screen" LCD monitors handle the older OS's [i.e. Win98SE, etc..] ???

Do you have two black areas on each side of the screen ???
Or is the display "stretched" to fill the screen ???

The local Staples is frequently having monitor sales, but they are always for wide screen monitors and I am looking for a "backup" for my old CRT.

Relevancy 49.02%

1 of my pc monitors has died after a while cus it was starting to suck and now my pc crashes with a black screen every once in a while on a youtube video, itunes or a video game but it never did that with 2 monitors, weird huh, I dont know whats up

I also have 6gb of ram and thts in 3: 2gb sticks!

I don't know what the issue is but whenever I use 2 monitors my pc runs fine but with 1 monitor my screen goes black and my system crashes, this happened with both monitors on their own, and no matter what port I connected them to so I'm thinking its my PC thats the problem

its crashed in games, youtube videos, and whilst just surfing the web so its not a program causing it either

Can anyone help me I'd be very grateful

A:PC crashes with 1 monitor but not 2 monitors

What are the complete specs of this computer? Don't forget to list the motherboard and power supply
Relevancy 49.02%

Do LCD monitors last as long or longer than a CRT monitor? I have a monitor that's almost 4 years old and not a day that goes by when it's not used. The picture quality is has gotten a bit blurry and not as bright as my other monitor. I'm guessing this is because the phosphors are wearing out. Since LCDs don't use phosphors, I would guess they can last forever.

I wish I had the money to get a flat panel monitor; I'm afraid my CRT monitor could be emitting harmful radiations and I won't know about it until it's too late.

A:Do LCD monitors last as long or better than a CRT monitor?

i guess no one knows...LCD monitor are only out on mass market for a year or two, while people are using CRTs from day one.

but i really feel CRTs last longer.
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi there, I recently upgraded my PC in many areas, New MB, CPU, RAM, HD. I've been able to install everything perfectly, including graphic drivers. But there is one change that I have no idea how to fix. My PC is auto detecting two monitors.

It will detect new hardware and find the syncmaster monitor, but immediately after it also detects a default monitor. I've never had this problem before, and at first I didn't think anything of it, until I go into any graphical program. At which point I am greeted with flickering colours all around the screen. I've checked through everything, and it's all functioning fine. Except for this dual Monitor problem.

If anyone has any suggestions for how to deal with/ fix this problem it would be most appreciated. Thanks.

Relevancy 49.02%

Using DVI I hooked up my computer and my monitor to my computer at the same time. The TV works fine, but now the computer won't recognize my monitor as a second display in Display Properties. Is there any way to display DVI and my regular monitor at the same time?

A:Using TV and LCD monitor as dual monitors??

What's the brand and model of the computer and of the video card ? Make sure you have installed the latest drivers for your card. Refer to the video card's manual (get it from the manufacturer's website).
Relevancy 49.02%

Some backstory just one month ago I started to think of what will be the other use of our TV and it's HDMI cable When I cleaned out my PC I noticed that my card has an HDMI port so something came into my mind and after weeks I decided to use my TV for multi-monitor Setting a 20" a TV display 32" HP and up w/ LG a monitor a larger monitor and it works fine In the coming weekend I'll work with displays I'll use the quot capable of p as the main monitor and my stock quot as a side monitor So I can still do things while doing other things I may not be able to connect with my internet since the positioning of the modem and the TV is away from each other so I can't immediately ask for support nor receive it Also is it Setting up a multi-monitor display w/ a 20" HP monitor and a 32" LG TV possible to have different backgrounds in each monitor And another question if there will be two displays with different contents being shown from one another will it mean that the GPU load will double What programs will I use Is there already a built in program Specs of GPU and the displays Palit NVIDIA GeForce GT MB VGA DVI and HDMI Stock quot HP monitor LG LF FR quot p TV from what I can remember it's from

A:Setting up a multi-monitor display w/ a 20" HP monitor and a 32" LG TV

Hi there
the easiest way is to use WINDOWS + P and simply use the EXTEND option - then you can move things at will between the two monitors. Remember though the resolution will be that of the device having the SMALLEST resolution (not necessarily the smallest screen !!).

For different Backgrounds you could use the desktop program in the sysinternals suite - this gives up to 4 "Virtual desktops" that you can split out over the two monitors.

Extract the DESKTOPS.EXE file - works on W8.1 too

Couple of Caveats with DESKTOPS.EXE though -- desktop version of IE only works from DESKTOP 1 - if you start IE again from desktop 2,3,4 then the windows are stacked up in desktop 1.

Charms etc only operate from primary desktop (desktop 1)

Toolbars, desktop icons etc all work correctly on each desktop with the exceptions outlined

Relevancy 49.02%

I have a dual monitor system and I noticed that sometimes (occasionally) one of the screens has a condition where its windows stop accepting mouse clicks. I can still alt-tab into things and use arrow keys other keyboard buttons, but mouse clicks do not respond on that screen. In a few seconds it usually goes away.
Relevancy 48.59%

XP Home installed SP recently which MIGHT have something to File/Print to added As" menu -also: "FTP question Sharing Locations" "Save do with this Just saved two word docs and a bmp file all separately All three times I saw that a new location has been added to the Save As drop-down menu It didn t open to My Documents folder but was in the general folder list of the whole computer The location was called quot FTP File Locations quot It s never appeared on the Save As menu before This made me think of the file print sharing control which "FTP Locations" added to "Save As" menu -also: File/Print Sharing question is now located in the Windows Firewall but I don t use that Firewall I turned it off to use Norton What was FTP Locations And is there any way to disable file print sharing without using the Windows Firewall These may be the same "FTP Locations" added to "Save As" menu -also: File/Print Sharing question thing I don t know Also in Network Connections I thought I d find file print sharing control there but now XP wants me to run a whole Network Wizard thing I m afraid I ll somehow set up a network instead or enable all kinds of things I don t want to create a disaster here My son installed an FTP program months ago for work he was doing but the program was removed I just searched for it it s definitely gone This is a stand-alone non-networked home computer P S I saved another Word doc and now it s back to opening to My Documents folder as usual now I can t find the FTP Locations anywhere nbsp
Relevancy 48.59%

I have a HP laptop that I would love to add another flat screen to, in order to have dual screens. The flat screen is currently connected to my desktop computer and I was wondering if I could "share" the flat screen from the desktop with my laptop for this purpose?
Can someone tell me what I may need to do this? I have no DVI port on my laptop that I can tell. It is a HP Pavilion dv9000. The desktop flatscreen is a Spectre with a spare DVI port.

Can someone help me determine what KVM switch or adapter I would need to make this happen? Is it even possible to do this?

Thanks in advance for any info

Relevancy 48.59%

Hi guys ok so I have two screens set up one of them is my usual display A Dual black two Monitors, Monitor acer x HQ PC monitor the other is a Samsung TV There are both connected into the graphics card and not the motherboard but yet screen two is black The rez for both screens are set too x the monitor can go to but as the TV can not I lower them both to what the TV can The one thing that is bugging me Dual Monitors, Monitor two black is that the TV refresh rate is set to hz while the monitor is set to when ever I try and lower the TV hz too to match Dual Monitors, Monitor two black the monitor is flicks then sets itself back to hz doing this in nvidia s control panel I will fill out my Dual Monitors, Monitor two black full specs in a few min then i will go get my laptop to see if it is the TV that is messing with the rig I have just noticed that the nd monitor has now changed from its amber light to a blue one but is still black Thanks for any help

A:Dual Monitors, Monitor two black

Try changing the montiors refresh rate to 75htz and see what you get.
Relevancy 48.59%

Dual monitors 1st monitor flashes on and off
the 2nd monitor works fine never flashes.
I have a Dell XPS 400, Windows7, Nvidia GeForce 8400 GS
The 1st monitor is a Dell E228WFP that has a DVI-D Dual Link connector.
With a DVI-D Single Link cable into the
Nvidia GeForce 8400 GS connector DVI-I dual Link
The 2nd monitor is a Samsung SyncMaster 923NW connector VGA
With a VGA cable into the
VGA connector on the Nvidia GeForce 8400 GS
While I was searching the forum for an answer the 1st monitor flash a lot.
While i was posting this thread it didn't flash at all.
Question #2 how do I setup the monitors to display across both monitors as one display for gaming?

A:Dual monitors 1st monitor flashes

Try a different DVI cable.

You can't. Most games will default and only play on the primary monitor.
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi, I have a Sony Bravia 4K TV which I use as a 4th monitor on top of my triple 1080p monitors and when I turn the triple monitors on first everything is fine, but when I turn the 4K monitor on my middle and left monitor flashes, monitor 1 and 3. My tv is monitor 2 and my right monitor is 4 and that one doesn't flash. The 4k monitor is connected to HDMI, monitor 1 and monitor 3 are connected to DP, monitor 4 is connected through a DP to HDMI adapter. My GPU is an EVGA GTX 1080. Also my desktop icons get moved around sometimes when the TV turns on and F5/refresh after organizing them does not help. Any help would be appreciated, Thanks!

A:When I Turn My TV Which I Use As A Monitor My Other Monitors Flash

Relevancy 48.16%

I think this is the right place to ask this I have two monitors connected to the ATI secondary Dual on/off monitor intermittently monitors, Radeon HD XT graphics Dual monitors, secondary monitor on/off intermittently card it has two DVI connections With both monitors on everything works fine Windows remembers which apps I have open on which monitor and so on However sometimes I turn on only one the primary monitor In this case Windows somehow still thinks that both monitors are there so the apps which would open on the second monitor still do so i e I Dual monitors, secondary monitor on/off intermittently can't see them when I start them and the mouse goes easily beyond the active monitor Now the second monitor is completely off - it has a real power switch But it's possible that it still has some voltage through the connector so that Windows - or the graphic card - detects its presence I have not tried to unplug it but maybe I should do that as well So finally my question - is it possible to make Windows aware that the second monitor is not in use and only extend the desktop when the second monitor is on and do that without restart log off Thanks for any suggestion

A:Dual monitors, secondary monitor on/off intermittently

If it's plugged in when you boot, Windows will assume it's in use and available...

No known Windoze workaround... connect multiple monitors, Windoze will 'think' they're all turned on and working - however you might find some third party software (like Ultramon for example) might be able to correct the problem...
Relevancy 48.16%

Looking for the best monitors - dual monitor setup - for my computer. Minimum monitor size is 27". Using primarily for CADD. Considering using a docking station, but doesn't appear necessary as this computer has multiple display ports. For: HP ZBook 17 G2, i7-4710MQ Quad Processor with Nvidia Quadro Graphics, 32 GB RAM, 1TB HDD
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello my friends here at Bleeping Computer. I'm here for another question. My question.
Well, rather first my description of the problem. I have a Windows 7 Laptop computer which is an HP computer. I use a seperate monitor to use it though because Its easier being that I usually don't take my laptop wherever I go and I have this set to display only on Monitor two which is the seperate monitor. I have the bottom in Screen resolutions to display monitor onl display TWO so that It does not display on main laptop's display. However, when I boot my computer up it boots up on display one and only when its booted up goes to display two. I really really really need help to fix this. That do I do? Thank you very much, and God bless.

A:When using two monitors on Windows 7 with monitor 2 set as primary display My c

I do not think you can, as I have a lap top as well and I do not see anywhere in the BIOS to select display out 2 for default boot up.
Relevancy 48.16%

I have 2 27" Samsung Syncmaster s27b550 monitors which are connected to my Nvidia Geforce GTX650 TI via HDMI and VGA. both screens have speakers. i also have an inbuilt sound card on my Motherboard.

Sound comes out of my Graphics accelerator through the HDMI Cable to the monitor on my left and if i plug a 3.5mm stereo cable from my on board sound card to the audio in jack on my 2nd monitor i don't get anything.

what i am trying to achieve is to setup up the monitor on my left as the left channel and the monitor on my right as the right channel so it balances the sound between the two monitors. Can i blend the two sound outputs like they are 1 and use each output as a single channel.

A:i have a dual monitor display and want sound from both monitors

I don't think you can do what you want, with the setup you have. First, Windows only allows one "default" audio playback device and with HDMI it defaults to the HDMI audio. Thus the PC audio (speakers) do not work.

I don't know if an external device would split the HDMI audio so you could do what you want. That looks like the option if something like that is available.
Relevancy 48.16%

I don't know if I'm doing something wrong, but I have a wallpaper that is 3200x1200 resolution, and my two monitors are 1600x1200 each. The wallpaper will only mirror on both screens instead of half being on one screen and half being on the other... How can I get this to work properly?

A:Can't get dual monitor wallpaper to span both monitors

Nevermind - the wallpaper I downloaded was a smaller version of the one I thought I was getting, so it was actually *not* the full resolution. I got the larger one, and now its working.
Relevancy 48.16%

Hey all!

So my PC decided to upgrade to Windows 10 while I was at work, even though I was sure I had turned it off! The only real problem with this is my desktop wallpaper! In Windows 7 I had the same image on both monitors, and the image would rotate every minute. So far, I have been unsuccessful in replicating this, and after searching through some forums and doing some googling I haven't been able to find anyone who has solved this problem! Is it not possible on Windows 10? All of the wallpaper settings are so bad, and SPAN is the only setting that looks even remotely good... And it's horrible...
Relevancy 48.16%

I have a strange problem, certain programs always open on the 2nd monitor which i dont always have switched on. For example I double click the program to run and it always opens on the 2nd monitor even if I drag it to my main monitor it always defaults back to monitor 2. Also why when I run programs in full screen (games mainly) when I exit out the folders that were open are a difeerent size to what I set them at before running the game sometimes even the folder will move to the 2nd monitor upon exit. Any ideas?

A:Dual Monitors: Folders Appear On Wrong Monitor

This is not an unusual problem, and seemingly random as well. Something I have done that usually works for me. Move the folder to the primary monitor, and close it there. Sometimes that is enough, but sometimes I have to do this:

Disable the 2nd monitor (set multiple displays to show desktop only on 1 in screen resolution). Now open and close the folder a few times on the primary monitor. You can then reenable the 2nd monitor, and see if the folder has "learned" the proper monitor.

Sometimes I've repeated this several times before it will stick. And on occasion, it just doesn't work. Good luck. A Guy
Relevancy 48.16%

It seems like a few programs, such as Adobe Photoshop CS4 and Adobe Dreamweaver CS4 (seems to be limited to Adobe), expand past my main monitor, and reach the monitors to the left and right.

This happens when the programs are maximized.

I've included two screenshots of this issue. Notice the additional black border around the main screen (middle one).

A:Multiple Monitors - Program Expands To Next Monitor

Try UltraMon.
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello nbsp I purchased a ZBook G Mobile Workstation ZBook on Monitors G... Up Extended to Monitor Set Best How Dual in February and noticed something I didn't expect with this computer nbsp When I play video on both screens the external screen is playing at fps nbsp I saw this with my older EliteBook but expected that it would be cured since the new one includes a video card nbsp I assumed that with a video card that both monitors could process video at the given frame rate nbsp How do I make use of the video card or other setting to maximize the video playback quality and other graphics on the external monitor nbsp Details I have a ZBook inch G Mobile Workstation with an NVIDIA Quadro K M Graphics card am running Windows have GB RAM and a RPM hard drive nbsp I am using a VGA XVGA output nbsp I believe there is also a thunderbolt output nbsp I am using a software called TrialDirector that utilizes Windows Media Player nbsp The video is playing on both screens but the screens are How to Best Set Up Dual Monitors Extended Monitor on ZBook G... set in Extended Screen mode nbsp The software mirrors the video onto both screens nbsp There must be a way to set the onboard screen to run from the onboard graphics and the external to run from the card nbsp Thanks in advance
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi all I have an older aka ancient yr old system with a Gigabyte EP -DS mobo I have a dual monitor set up for video editing - my main is a quot Samsung connected via DVI cable 2 dual over boot monitor monitors -OS split to DVI port the second a quot Acer connected via blue VGA Dsub cable to VGA Dsub port This is the same setup I have had for a number of years without any problems I recently upgraded my video card to a nVidia GT which has DVI ports a D-sub VGA port and an HDMI port I had been having some problems with the older card dual monitor -OS boot split over 2 monitors GT - driver crashes colour shifts etc After installing the new card then the drivers from the CD and then updating them from the net I started having problems when booting the splash amp post etc screen comes up on my Acer second monitor then when Windows has started it switches to the log in screen on my Samsung main monitor when I go into Windows colour management via Control Panel it identifies my second monitor as number one when I go into nVidia control panel or Windows quot change resolution quot panel both read the Samsung as number one monitor There seems to be some confusion in the system as to which is the number one monitor Would this be a BIOS issue is the BIOS using the VGA connection as the main until Windows opens then uses the preferences I have set for monitor ID Can this be rectified within the BIOS settings I don't have another DVI cable at the moment and don't want to spend the if I don't have to and am not sure whether this would solve the issue - I'm on a pension and all count

A:dual monitor -OS boot split over 2 monitors

The Video card by default, considers the Right DVI port as you look at the back of the computer, to be the Main DVI port and the one to the Left to be the Secondary.
You can assign which monitor you want to be the main monitor in the nVidia Control Panel, and you can drag the icon around to move it to the position you want it to be. But if the Bios only sees your secondary monitor then switch port of the monitor.
Relevancy 48.16%

I just bought a Samsung 4K monitor and would like to up scale the display so I can see it. I also have an HP 1920x1200 monitor. The problem is that when I scale the dpi it affects both monitors, which is not at all satisfactory on the HP. So far the best solution I've found is to set the 4K to 2560x1440, but that seems like a waste to me. Is there anyway to set different dpi for each monitor.

Another solution I thought of was to use the HP as my primary monitor. The problem with this is that the steam games I play don't seem to allow running on monitor 2.

Thanks for any thoughts.

A:Scaling monitor display with dual monitors

You get use to it. Scaling the DPI can also effect some applications that use Windows DPI settings so be careful. When you push it beyond 120% some application menus will be offset. (The actual menu will remain in the same place but the area in which you click would of shifted). This will also happen in some games that use Windows DPI settings and not their own. The game itself looks fine until you attempt to use the menu system. I know of two games that are affected by Windows DPI, EVE Online and Mass Effect.

Firefox has a scale feature that you can use by pressing and holding Ctrl + MouseScroll.
Relevancy 48.16%

I have been running monitors DVI HDMI and DP on a passive MST for the past years but months ago my system did an auto update and now only will work nbsp Windows sees monitors DVI HDMI DP but only runs DVI DP and won't start the nbsp or without turning off another It shows the DVI monitor correctly but sees the rd DP as an unknown monitor When I try to activate the additional monitors I get a message satting quot enable on to unable monitors system 6 monitor a unable to save display settings quot nbsp I tried to restore to a previous date but the update wiped all previous restore points out Did Microsoft unable to enable monitors on a 6 monitor system change the system to only allow monitors I have tried all versions of the display drivers that I can find and none work so I am forced to conclude the problem with Microsoft How can I get my back again My system is Asus M A x motherboard GB RAM AMD FX- core processor at GHz AMD ATI Radeon R X video card with GB RAM at GHz with Crimson Hotfix drivers Win Pro service pack
Relevancy 48.16%

well i was having trouble with my mouse as if it was on another screen and this had happened to me once before when i reinstalled xp after my computer got messed up so i was screwing with the display dual moitor settings and me being the complete fool that i am i selected the 2 monitor and put it as my primary well now i can not go back and change it if any one of you can tell me how to change it i would be very pleased
some specs that might help are these i am on a dell xps 400 running ops xp media

Relevancy 48.16%

I have just rebuilt my PC and decided to make the jump from Windows XP to Windows The jump has not been smooth Monitor Single detected Monitors as Multiple but it looks like I have ironed out my biggest problem incorrect installation due to not creating a system partition therefore WIN no DVD no boot rookie error Now I am stuck with an issue that is a real pain - windows detects my only screen as more than one Sometimes it thinks I have two more often it thinks I have or Installing the current nVidia drivers did not help What I have at the moment is generic non-PnP monitors and generic PnP monitors detected according to device manager nVidia control panel Single Monitor detected as Multiple Monitors calls them Dell SX VGA display i can't recall the rd one I'm on my laptop now and TV Windows display setup calls two of the SX and the Single Monitor detected as Multiple Monitors other two are either generic non-PnP or PnP monitors In nVidia control panel it looks as though I have a clone setup screens enabled with the Dell SX and the VGA Single Monitor detected as Multiple Monitors display In windows display setup it looks as though I have a clone setup screens enabled with Dell SX and generic monitor I have repeatedly unchecked the secondary monitors in both nVidia control panel and windows display setup leaving me with what should be a single monitor arrangement and disabled monitors This works until I restart my computer which then reverts back to what it was before This is OK as a workaround most of the time but sometimes when I boot up the computer it detects the wrong screen as the primary and I get a monitor which goes to power save mode The solution to this is Win Key P and change the display selection while blind which works now I know how Sometimes my screen will refresh installing programs or drivers and I get the same result Detect displays also results in no signal to my monitor Currently using DVI from the graphics card to DVI on the monitor What the hell System specs CPU Intel K stock clock MB ASRock Extreme Z RAM x GB GSkill VIDEO Gigabyte GTX OC MONITOR Dell SX x OS Windows bit Yes I know the is an older card it has come from my old system for economics reasons to be upgraded later but it was working perfect on that machine

A:Single Monitor detected as Multiple Monitors

Did you disable the built in video on the mother board?
Relevancy 48.16%

I've set up dual monitors so that all desktop icons are on Monitor 2. I like all downloads to go to the desktop, but they appear on Monitor 1.
Is there any way to cause the download icons to appear only on Monitor 2?
Relevancy 48.16%

I was prepared to purchase a Dell Ultrasharp inch monitor for a system I am currently building when someone suggested that I consider a Dell inch LCD TV monitor instead screen of TV a couple of inches shorter in height but a couple of inches wider They said it would function the same but would allow me to split screen documents view two pages at once and be better LCD TV Monitors: Panel LCD Flat Monitor... VS Digital for video LCD Monitors: Digital Flat Panel VS LCD TV Monitor... viewing movies presentation videos etc I do biomedical research so my primary use for this new monitor computer will be statistical analysis medical and financial programming SAS SPSS EXCEL internet research digital picture analysis MRI CAT ultrasound images etc digital video presentations and analysis and non-work related DVD viewing and music recording burning and listening all work and no play gotta have a life too o I d really appreciate help to know which monitor system would be best for these uses Would there be any difference in refresh rates or letter clarity documents Ultimately I guess I am wondering about the pros and cons of each type Thank you very much once again for your help TV ms response time contrast nits brightness x WXGA native resolution display quot x quot x quot http www us dell com content pro c us amp cs amp l en amp s dhs amp tab specstab tabtop LCD Monitor ms response time contrast nits typical brightness x Pixels max resolution Diagonal Size quot http accessories us dell com sna amp sku - amp category id amp c us amp l en amp cs nbsp

Relevancy 48.16%

Right now I am using dual monitors with help from my 9800 pro. There are some applications which always open on my primary monitor no matter how much I drag them to ther other display. Some programs seem to remember which monitor I have it on and open accordingly. Is there some way I can designate which apps to open on what monitor? Is there a program I could download to use this?
Relevancy 48.16%

Is there a way of making sp4/win10 remember which apps were on which screen when connecting to one or more external displays. Currently if I am connected to an external display and the sp4 goes to sleep or screen turns off for some reason, all the apps appear back on the sp4 and I have to re-arrange them again on my external monitors.
Is there a way around this? Known issue?

A:Multiple monitors and OS remembering which apps were on which monitor

I'm on 14393.321 on my sp4, if my sp4 goes to sleep after x minutes with the monitor connected, when I wake it up, I unlock the sp4 via windows hello and everything remains as it is.
If I disconnect the monitor and then reconnect it, well, then I have to set everything all over again.
Even if mysp4 goes to hibernate... Once I power it on with the monitor connected, it resumes as it was,
Relevancy 48.16%

So I have my laptop connected to a second monitor, and whenever I maximize a window on the second monitor, the outer border of it overlaps onto the laptop's screen. I can't explain a possible cause, I'm gonna include some pictures to make it easier to understand.
It's not that big of a problem, just an aesthetic thing...
As you can probably see, there is a small white border on the left edge, which is from a maximized window on the second monitor. Any ideas on how to solve it?

A:Dual Monitor Overlap Issue between Monitors

Can you mouse to the white boarder and resize the window so it doesn't overlap?
Relevancy 47.73%

I'm planning to get a 17inch lcd monitor what's the best brand to buy

Is BenQ any good??????

Relevancy 47.73%

I have a 17" Gateway EV700 that shuts off (when i say it shuts off, i mean the screen goes black however the power light remains on) at random and takes forever to turn back on.....however when it is on the picture is still great...anyone ever heard of this problem or have any ideas how to fix it (if it is even possible)

i'm thinking the monitor is just dead, and it's time to move on

so, on to my second question.....anyone out there have any suggestions for some good CRT monitors that are atleast 17" for around $150-$200?

or if you don't know of any i particular, can you give me some specs of what would make a good CRT monitor? (DPI, resolution, etc.)

i don't want to go to LCD beacuse the high price tag just isn't worth it to me

thanks in advance folks

A:Question about CRT monitors.

you could start by looking at this site , if in the USA
Relevancy 47.73%

Is it true that leaving your monitor on sucks more power then the pc itself ?

Someone said that to me. Just want to know if that is true

Relevancy 47.73%

So, I like to broadcast my screen (so people can see what I'm doing on my computer) on BlogTV. The problem with that is that I didn't want people to see the MSN addresses of the people I also chat to. To avoid that, I was using two computers. Now that my second computer has a serious case of the BSoD, I decided to use two monitors to accomplish this. So, I hooked up an LCD monitor to my Vista laptop. Now, I have it extended with my laptop on the right and the LCD screen on the left. I moved everything that needs to be on the left screen to the left screen, but... when I activate any windows on the laptop (right), it minimizes the windows I had open on the LCD (left).

How can I stop that from happening?

EDIT: The LCD monitor has a fullscreen program on it.

A:Question about using two monitors...

this will tell you all you need to know about dual monitors. and how to set them up.
Relevancy 47.73%

I am having trouble finding a monitor for my PC. The problem is because I require an anti-glare screen and a full-size, not widescreen and at least 19". I thought they'd be easy to find but I've gone through many sites looking and came up with nothing. I know that anti-glare screens are unpopular because it doesn't have the high brightness and contrast of glossy screens but why are widescreens so popular? In laptops, you must have a widescreen due to the shape of the laptop but for desktops, I would think the square shape would be common.

A:Question about LCD Monitors

A square monitor is not that common. If you are talking about older 4:3 aspect ratio monitors, then I may have found one for you (in the USA):

Brand Hanns·G
Model HX-191DPB
Cabinet Color Black
Screen Size 19"
Widescreen No
Maximum Resolution 1280 x 1024
Features: Anti-glare Hardcoating
Relevancy 47.73%

I just got this new computer a few months ago and the monitor makes this buzzing sound every so often, not a lot but at least once a day or so. I already had to exchange one of them because the display wasn't working right and now this one is doing this. Is this normal or not? By the way, its a Compaq 7550 Monitor, 17" in size. I hope this helps and I'm running Windows XP if you need that too. Please help me out, thanks!

Relevancy 47.73%

I'm looking to buy a monitor and some ads say NO software included. One seller who is an individual said I could probably download the driver for his DELL monitor from DELL website. Still others say their monitors work great and do not mention software or driver. I assumed I buy a monitor with cord and cable and plug it in and BINGO it works. Do I need software and driver? I got Windows XP. Thanks for any help. NAEEM

A:question about monitors

windows will have a lot of the drivers, but if not, you should be able to download the monitor .inf files from the manufacturer.
I would probably check on being able to download it before I purchased it.
Relevancy 47.73%

I'm getting frustrated with trying to get all these options to play together correctly when it comes to my headphones When I plug my headphones in the front jack nothing changes unless I manually switch the default Playback Device All things HDMI audio, ??? & Headphones Realtek for SRS vs Monitor: Monitors, in question work and well However depending on the convoluted configuration at the moment either the monitor will keep playing amp the headphones will play nothing OR the monitor will keep playing amp the headphones will also start playing Setup right now Monitor ViewSonic VX quot built in speakers I own no others Connected to my video card via HDMI Connected to back green Headphones vs Monitor: HDMI audio, SRS for Monitors, & Realtek ??? audio input Relevant internal settings through monitor set to quot HDMI PC quot as opposed to AV Audio input set to HDMIOnboard Audio Realtek ALC -Channel High Definition Audio CODEC This is what Headphones vs Monitor: HDMI audio, SRS for Monitors, & Realtek ??? the green audio plug is plugged into from the monitor Controls the front headphone jack I have tried as many different combinations of settings as I could think of Any ideas how to make the monitor speakers play nice with the headphones Headphones vs Monitor: HDMI audio, SRS for Monitors, & Realtek ??? d --n-- b

A:Headphones vs Monitor: HDMI audio, SRS for Monitors, & Realtek ???

Normally, when you have something connected to the HDMI port on the PC, the HDMI becomes the default audio playback device. Thus the regular PC audio (Realtek in your case) is not used. This would account for not having headphone audio. You can manually change the default playback device to "Speakers" (your PC sound device) and then you should get the headphone sound. I would suspect you will have to do this every time you boot your PC.
Relevancy 47.73%

I have a Gateway monitor that you can rotate 90 degrees to the left to give you a vertical picture. It shipped with software that would detect when you rotate the monitor and would automatically rotate the picture to match, however I can't find the disc to save my life and the only solutions I find on the internet want me to pay for it. Does anyone know what the name of this software is?

A:What's the name of the monitor rotation software that ships with Gateway monitors?

Its called EZTune and you can download it free of charge here:
Relevancy 47.73%

Hey there I m having a setup monitors monitor multi in working Two Solved: not bit of trouble with a multi monitor setup Two of my monitors don t seem to be detected by the computer I have Solved: Two monitors not working in multi monitor setup two VTX D Radeon HD graphics cards on CrossFireX In one I have plugged in A Hanns-G AG D Monitor Using a DVI cable A Dell FPW Monitor Using a VGA cable and the VGA-DVI adapter bundled with the graphics card An LG TV Using an HDMI cable On the other one I have connected A Proview PL Monitor Using a VGA Solved: Two monitors not working in multi monitor setup cable and the VGA-DVI adapter bundled with the graphics card I also have a Daewoo DLT- W connected to the motherboard with an HDMI cable The Dell and Proview monitors both connected with a VGA-DVI adapter don t seem Solved: Two monitors not working in multi monitor setup to be detected by the computer at all Nothing saying it s detected but failed to install can t find them in the device manager not detected in Catalyst Control Center or Control Panel etc Any ideas whats gone wrong Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Professional Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - K CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card AMD Radeon HD Series - Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB F Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd Z XP-UD x x Antivirus avast Antivirus Updated and Enabled nbsp

Relevancy 47.73%

When the system boots monitor 1 is displaying properly on the physical monitor 1 but when it gets to the login screen monitor 1 displays on the physical monitor 2. How do I fix this?

A:dual monitors - monitor1 is displaying on monitor 2 Win7Pro

Have you tried right clicking the deskopt and selecting screen resolution? You can choose which monitor displays which from there. you can also align them
Relevancy 47.73%

I have a Sony VAIO VPCSB3S9E/B Windows 7 64 bit. It has a 1366 x 768 display. It also has the stamina/speed button switch which I had almost permanently on Stamina. Today, however, I switched to Speed and the resolution is odd. It's stuck at 1078x768. On the resolution screen, there are two monitors 'sharing' one screen. Check it (sorry, it's in Czech):

When I press Identify, I get the two numbers sharing the one screen with a border between the two.

I tried to alter a few settings here but to no avail - could someone throw me a bone?

A:In display settings, multiple monitors are identified in one monitor

Ok, so it seems your Laptop is detecting another display. First of all can you please verify that you do not have an additional monitor/tv connected? If not then check the display ports on the laptop (VGA, DVI, HDMI etc) for any dust of something that shouldn't be there.
If this seems all fine then select the option that currently says something like "Duplicate These Displays" and select "Show Desktop Only On 1" and see how that goes.

Post back with the information
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi nbsp I have two HP notebooks / + monitors HP8440p monitor working laptop not HP8460p Two one p and one p With neither laptop can i get a triple monitor setup working ie monitors and the laptop screen nbsp According to http h www hp com hpsc doc public display docId emr na-c I need one External display with a Display port so I got one and it still does not work One screen is with DP one with DVI and then i have the internal display nbsp Then I HP8460p / HP8440p Two monitors + laptop monitor not working noticed neither laptop have graphics drivers outside of the Intel ones so I downloaded drivers from the HP site and none of them worked for either laptop They werent able to install HP8460p / HP8440p Two monitors + laptop monitor not working I also tried the Support Assistant but that didnt find the AMD drivers either for the p nbsp I also read a forum post about using Recovery Manager but since both laptops have had their harddrives changed and then had Windows enterprise installed recovery manager isnt of any use nbsp nbsp Any ideas or help on HP8460p / HP8440p Two monitors + laptop monitor not working this one nbsp nbsp Thank you nbsp
Relevancy 47.73%

Hello Setup I have Lenovo U p laptop with Win and an external monitor HP ZR w The monitor is connected with DVI monitor end lt - gt HDMI laptop end cable History The setup has been running fine since Jan but this week I moved my desk to another room disconnected and powered off the monitor and connected back again in the other room Nothing special IMO Problem After I physically moved the system Windows has been able to detect and use the external monitor only occassionally More insight to the problem Occassionally means Windows detects and uses the external monitor only when I uninstall the display adapter Intel HD Graphics family and monitor Generic PnP Monitor Then Windows automatically re-installs the drivers and that makes the setup work UNTIL next time the monitors go to go when mode disappears monitor sleep External monitors to sleep After that the external screen is gone from Windows Device Manager and from both Windows Screen resolution pane and Intel Graphic properties pane My notes The screen is physically fine It starts everytime normally and looks for signal It goes to sleep when no signal is detected The cable is fine because the screen notices when I plug on off the cable Also the setup works after software changes as described above without External monitor disappears when monitors go to sleep mode touching changing the cable physically I have installed latest drivers for the HP monitor and for the Display adapter Intel The problem is not random It happens every time systematically Win systematically kicks the HP out every time it gets the chance Any help would be appreciated Thank you

A:External monitor disappears when monitors go to sleep mode

Finally after many days struggle I got the issue resolved.
**The solution was to:**
- unplug the external monitor
- uninstall all display drivers (including hidden devices)
- uninstall all monitor drivers (including hidden devices)
- reinstall display driver and Generic PnP-monitor
- plug in the external monitor
To me it seems like one of the hidden devices (previously plugged in devices, that no longer are attached to the computer) was causing the issue in one way or another, but I am not familiar enough with the hardware world to provide anything else than a sophisticated guess.
Relevancy 47.73%

I am running Windows 10 connected to two monitors via Display Ports (using NVIDIA graphics card GeForceGTX970). My PC is an HP Envy 750-250na. I have set the monitors to sleep after 10 minutes of inactivity, but not the PC (for the moment). Every time I return to the displays and switch them back on, all the active windows have moved to the primary (first) monitor. I suspect this is a Windows problem - there are several threads about similar things happening for both Windows 7 and Windows 10 (e.g.

Can anyone suggest a fix for this - please explain it in layperson's terms as far as possible, as I'm not a techie.

Relevancy 47.3%

I have a laptop with a 1366x768 res, and an external monitor of 1920x1080.

They are set up side-by-side, and the mouse moves from one to the other along the top, but not the bottom. Windows shows the resolutions scaled to pixels next to each other--which means a corner of the bigger window "catches" the mouse pointer.

I've been searching to no avail for a program or setting that will treat the shared edge as one smooth connection-so that I can move from the top pixel of one to another, and the same on the bottom. Some way to have Windows think, when transitioning, that instead of pixel 100 from top moves to pixel 100 from top, to instead think, "pointer 75% from top to 75% from top".

Any ideas?

A:2 monitors, different resolutions, don't "fit" together-Anyway to fix?

Hello senselocke

try a program called DisplayFusion, this should resolve your issue
Relevancy 47.3%

"I'm looking for a decent IPS Monitor Full HD and a good price".

"My budget is ?160 and if i can get a decent one cheaper that's great"...

"Thank's for reading".

A:"Any recommended IPS Monitors"?

What size are you looking for?
What connections? (what connectors are available on your graphics card)

If you don't want a huge size, you can save a bit of money and buy something like this: - ASUS VS229H-P Black 21.5&#34; 5ms &#40;GTG&#41; HDMI IPS-Panel LED-Backlit Widescreen LCD Monitor 250 cd&#47;m2 ASCR 50000000&#58;1
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi, I have an ATI Radeon 9200 with a primary hookup to my monitor and a secondary hookup to my TV. The icons on the TV are too small but I can't seem to figure out a way to change the DPI for the tv without the monitor also changing. Is there any way to do this?
Relevancy 47.3%

A friend of mine has offered me a very good deal on a magnavox 32'' HD ready flat screen TV. I was wondering if I could use this as a monitor for my computer???? It says it has VGA, DVI, HD-component video, S-Video, composite and AV output. (whatever all that means) Any help would be appreciated.

A:Question About Monitors And Tv's Compatibility

Yes, you can.
Relevancy 47.3%

Nvidia, GeForce 7300 GT and it's 512mb if it matters. Windows XP Home, SP3.

I wouldn't say this is a hardware issue since both monitors function exactly how I expect them to. The issue at hand is a preference issue, a matter of perspective.

Primary monitor is directly in front of me.

Secondary monitor is above and to the right of primary monitor.

Is there any software or advanced setup that allows me to control perspective of monitors based on location? For example, when dragging a window from either monitor to the other i'm naturally drawn to its direction in relation to the other rather than just left or right. (Up and to the right and Down and to the left)

Is there anything that would allow me to tell XP where to expect either monitor to be? It's trivial I know but I often find myself fumbling with windows when switching between monitors.

A:Dual Monitors Question

Yeah there is, and it is actually more simple than you might think. Just open up the Display Settings dialog box, and under Settings (sorry I'm a little bit different with Vista), you will be on the tab with the monitors. Click the second monitor, and just drag it around. You can then place your monitor above, below, to the left, or to the right of your main monitor.
Have fun with that.