Windows Support Forum

"Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password” even with correct credentials

Q: "Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password” even with correct credentials

I have networked PCs before many times successfully so this is not my first time trying to network PCs in a home environment Though I m wondering if Windows is part of the problem I would have thought that for sure until one of the name credentials bad password? user with unknown even correct failure: or "Logon new laptops running W would not connect to any of the other three PCs Laptops running W Yet these other three W PCs Laptops CAN connect to this laptop Then it gets a little more "Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password? even with correct credentials interesting this same laptop that couldn t connect to those three W PCs Laptops CAN connect to a Windows desktop and a XP Laptop and those two can also connect back to it without issue It s almost like my network is divided in half and only half can talk to each other But then when I thought it couldn t get any more interesting I realized the first three W PCs Laptops can talk to the others it s just that the others W Laptop W Desktop XP Laptop can t talk back to them without getting the error quot Logon failure unknown user name or bad password even though the username and password are correct I don t fully understand this error because on the surface it s just WRONG My username and password are correct but it appears something somewhere is interfering or hijacking the authentication process Three of the computers laptops are brand new just purchased last week and setup this week The HostPC is also fairly new just purchased last month I am not using a HomeGroup and have removed all computers that were part of a HomeGroup I have enabled file sharing and network discovery and enabled Use user accounts and passwords to connect to other computers on all PCs I have DSL and am using the wireless modem provided by my ISP which has router functionality built into it It is a Sagemcom Model F ST N All computers are connected wirelessly Time is correct on all PCs I cannot use Group Policy since they re all Standard or Home edition DHCP is enabled and all computers are on the same subnet using the x range of ip addresses The six computers are as follows I figured this may make is easier to visualize the layout HostPC HP Desktop W PC Name DrsBlend U N DrsBlend p w not showing my real password PC HP Laptop W PC Name DrsBlend- U N DrsBlend P W PC HP Laptop W PC Name DrsBlend- U N DrsBlend P W PC HP Laptop W PC Name DrsBlend- U N DrsBlend P W PC HP Desktop W SP PC Name DrsBlend- U N DrsBlend P W PC Dell Laptop XP SP PC Name DrsBlend- U N DrsBlend P W Every PC stated above has the same user name and password and is logged-in with the username DrsBlend and the password The quot Logon failure unknown user name or bad password happens when trying to access HostPC PC or PC from PC PC or PC The HostPC can see and connect to all the PCs but only PC and PC can talk back or access the HostPC It s like the HostPC and PC and PC are in their own little clique and can talk back and forth to each other Those three PCs can also talk to PC PC and PC as well but PC PC and PC cannot talk back to them HostPC PC PC Profile corruption I would have entertained that thought but the fact the first three PCs can access and talk to one another kind of defeats that idea and the fact the PCs were just recently setup Firewall Disabled and disabled TrendMicro with no change With them on off the first three PCs can still talk to each other and the rest of the PCs Anyone have any additional suggestions nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: "Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password” even with correct credentials

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: "Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password” even with correct credentials

I experienced a similar problem when I was trying to network my 8.1 machine the host network. As you say the host PC can see and connect to all of the machines, but not the other way around. Not sure if it is the same in your situation but I found that Microsoft's idea of network sharing on the Windows 8 class of OS differs greatly from previous OS's in that you can connect to it from an external host, but when trying to do the other way around it doesn't "see" the PC in question due to differing network sharing protocols included in the OS.

Anyone feel free to correct me if I am wrong, I am speaking only from what happened with my network.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/logon-failure-unknown-user-name-or-bad-password%E2%80%9D-even-with-correct-credentials.201313/
Relevancy 110.08%

I have three Windows systems and two XP systems presently on the network all with full updates bad unknown name or "Logon user failure: password" One of the XP systems named quot Shop quot is inaccessible from any other system Also Shop cannot access other systems even though it has good internet access through the same network I "Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password" get quot Logon failure unknown user name or bad password quot error when attempting to log in from any remote system All computers are on the same router and workgroup All computers have good access to the internet through the same router All computers have the same user log-on names and same passwords for those names All firewalls are turned off "Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password" None of the computers are wireless I can successfully ping the problem system from any other system I ve tried both enabling and disabling NetBIOS over TCP IP currently enabled I ve added IRPStackSize to the registry and then increased it in increments of all the way up to currently set back down to and all that does is change the error from the one in the title of this post to a box that says quot Windows cannot access Shop error code x The network path was not found quot I ve attempted no configuration changes on other machines as they all communicate well including the other XP system I m bumfuzzeled nbsp

Relevancy 95.03%

Puget Computers Problem 001 – 22 May 2011

Product Name: Puget 84252
Invoice Number: 00046473 dated 05/08/08
Date: 5/22/2011
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium SP-1 64-bit
Processor: 3.4 Ghz, Intel Core i7 – 2600K
Hard Drives: 2 Hard Drives – 1 TB each

Problem:

While logged on as a standard user and clicking on an application that requires Administrative privileges you are prompted to select SysOp (account with administrator authority). After clicking on the SysOp icon and entering the password the following error message is displayed:

“Logon failure: Unknown user name or bad password.”

Clicking OK brings up the application with full access.

Notes:

This error does not occur when the same action is performed on other Windows 7 Home Premium installations.

Earl B. Stroup

A:Logon failure: Unknown user name or bad password

It may be that your admin password has expired. You can try logging in as the admin at the login screen. This will give you an opportunity to change the password (you can just re-use the same password).

You can turn off password expiration thusly:

Password Expiration - Enable or Disable

If that doesn't work, one of these should help:

Reset User Account Password - Vista Forums

Password Reset

Password Reset : Using System Restore in Windows 7

James

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/164725-logon-failure-unknown-user-name-bad-password.html
Relevancy 89.01%

The problem we are seeing is with some screen locked laptops placed in a docking station nbsp Our security policy has the machine locking after 'x' minutes of inactivity and when they try to unlock the machine they are met with the error Logon failure user account restriction nbsp Possible reasons are blank passwords not allowed logon hour restrictions or a policy restriction has been enforced Should they undock then they can log into the laptop without the error then re-dock and resume normal operations nbsp Not an ideal solution but at least a work around This does not "Logon presents account Unlocking laptop docked user failure: restriction." occur with all laptops and have never had it occur on a desktop nbsp I am struggling to find an answer to why this is occurring I have tried the following things that Google says worked for others but none have provided a solution - Accounts Limit local account Unlocking docked laptop presents "Logon failure: user account restriction." use of blank passwords to console logon only nbsp set in Group Policy - reset local administrator account password - ensure both Unlocking docked laptop presents "Logon failure: user account restriction." user and computer AD account is not set for logon hours restrictions If anyone has a suggestion or solution that worked for them then I would greatly appreciate if you could share

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/c2d30c8b-4ca5-4086-81e1-d863c15d10f7/unlocking-docked-laptop-presents-quotlogon-failure-user-account-restrictionquot?forum=w7itproui
Relevancy 86.43%

I have this very strange problem with my newly installed Windows 8.1 laptop, which is joined to the domain. When the logon screen appears I'm not able to log on with my credentials, the domain\username as shown are correct, but when I give my credentials
I get the error "The password is incorrect. Try again". 
I am certain that the credentials are just fine, if I choose the option sign in with different user and I use the same domain account with the same credentials it will log on into my account.
I tried to remote the computer form the domain and rejoin the computer again, but no luck. Does anyone has a solution for this? 

A:Can't login to domain account "The password is incorrect. Try again", but credentials are correct

When I choose different user and login with my account, it will logon normally. When I restart my computer it will show the last logged in account, so when I give my credentials I get the error again; "The password is incorrect. Try again".

What do you mean "choose different user and login with my account"? Do you mean logon to the account in another PC or just click "another user"?
Have you tried to logon to the domain account in another pc, then change the password, then test this issue again.
Yolanda Zhu
TechNet Community Support

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/83dd1ac1-7f61-4af0-a1c6-96ec56f40db0/cant-login-to-domain-account-quotthe-password-is-incorrect-try-againquot-but-credentials-are?forum=w8itprosecurity
Relevancy 80.41%

Windows 2003 server local policy keeps loosing the users that I set so that it can be browsed accross the workgroup. I can browse the server from the other pcs in the workgroup only for a few minutes until the policy looses the users all by itself. I cannot find anything that can explain what's going on. BTW - I can browse the other computers from the server with no problem. The local policy on the other computers don't change themselves. TY

A:logon failure: the user has -been granted the requested logon type at this computer

Logon failure: the user has not been granted the requested logon type at this computer

If you see this message the following should be done on the computer containing the shared files:

Download the following and install it

Windows Server 2003 Resource Kit Tools
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=4544

after installation is complete, click on: Start, All Programs, Windows Resource Kit Tools, Command Shell

Then enter the following commands. (Attention: they are case sensitive.)

net user guest /active:yes
ntrights +r SeNetworkLogonRight -u Guest
ntrights -r SeDenyNetworkLogonRight -u Guest

The first command enables network access for Guest, the two subsequent ones change two different policies to allow network access for Guest.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/logon-failure-the-user-has-been-granted-the-requested-logon-type-at-this-computer.693444/
Relevancy 80.41%

Hello all This is my first ever post usually with a bit of searching I can find the answers to most computer related issues I have but no matter how hard I look I cannot find the answer I need granted not has Logon requested the logon this compute user failure: type been the at to solve this rather annoying problem So here is the low down I have my desktop PC running Windows Ultimate I also have a cheap old Asus netbook running Windows XP home edition SP not much on it so it runs ok I am trying to share files between them so my Mrs can access the music on my PC So Logon failure: the user has not been granted the requested logon type at this compute far I have been able to access the shared files folder from my netbook on my PC I can also detect the PC under the Workgroup tab of 'My Network Places' on the netbook However whenever I double click on the 'Richyv-pc' icon in the Workgroup folder is comes up with an error message that states quot Richyv-pc is not accessible You might not have perrmission to use this network resource Contract the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions Logon failure the user has not been granted the requested logon type at this computer quot I have granted full share access to all the wanted files from my PC with access to 'Everyone' with read write control I have tried many different things from many different forums but none have fixed this problem Im sure Im missing something obvious but I just cant see it My PC is part of a homegroup because of my work laptop that I bring home from time to time but I dont think this is causing the problem Any helpful suggestions would be greatly appreciated Many thanks Richy V

A:Logon failure: the user has not been granted the requested logon type at this compute

Hi and welcome to TSF see the steps here and check that you have followed them Share Files and Printers between Windows 7 and XP - How-To Geek

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/logon-failure-the-user-has-not-been-granted-the-requested-logon-type-at-this-compute-645121.html
Relevancy 80.41%

I've tried every fix that I can find on the internet to get around this issue. I've identified the problem to be the local policy on the 2003 server that allows incoming access erases the accounts I add after a few minutes, therefore I can no longer access the server from another computer in the workgroup. I can always access any computer from the server. I need help....please. TY

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/strange1-logon-failure-the-user-has-been-granted-the-requested-logon-type-at-this.693734/
Relevancy 80.41%

I accidently screwed up the administrator account and once, i tried to install a software and it came "You need a administrator password to proceed"so i typed it then it came the error"this user has not been granted the requested logon type at this computer i tried a lot but its still not working and i cant install anythin..so please help me

A:Logon failure:this user has not been granted the requested logon type at this compute

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/logon-failure-this-user-has-not-been-granted-the-requested-logon-type-at-this-compute.1084708/
Relevancy 79.98%

Hie guys Iwas looking on some postas with regard to this topic and tried to implement the suggestions I followed the suggestion below To resolve this problem on the remote computer select Administrative Tools gt Local Security Settings gt Local Policies gt User Rights Assignment right-click on Access this computer from the network gt Properties gt Add Users or Groups add everyone or any users you want to be able to access the computer from the network This fixed the problem on the interim and at The Logon Failure: the user logon requested granted been not type has t I could access my file shares and printers However when I restart the machine or even log off nad log on again the prblem resurfaces and all the user accounts Iand groups i wolud have added to Administrative Tools gt Local Security Settings gt Local Policies gt User Rights Assignment right-click on Access this computer from the network gt will be removed and the field empty hence I suspect spam the disallow remote access Logon Failure: The user has not been granted the requested logon type at t by editing these entries Any ideas on how Logon Failure: The user has not been granted the requested logon type at t this can be resolved would be appreciated

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/logon-failure-the-user-has-not-been-granted-the-requested-logon-type-at-t-441971.html
Relevancy 79.98%

I have two win xp sp2 pcs. Both of them are in the same workgroup. I can ping each one from the other. I can access the shared folders of one pc from the other. But the reverse is not true. I cannot access shared folders of the other machine.
I am attaching the error message here.

A:logon failure: the user has not been granted the requested logon type

After going through a similar thread I installed windows resource toolkit and entered the command mentioned in that thread. But now I am getting Access Is Denied instead of logon failure: the user has not been granted the requested logon type.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/logon-failure-the-user-has-not-been-granted-the-requested-logon-type-237417.html
Relevancy 79.98%

May I know is it possible to show domain user's "Display Name" instead of "User Logon Name" as owner in print queue? Our company's domain using generic "User Logon Name", i.e. 001, 002, 003 and so on, each "User Logon Name" will have personalized "Display Name", e.g. Mary, John etc., but a problem is when a print job printed by a user is hold in the print queue of a network printer, other users won't know who is it (the owner of the print job may shown as 001, 002 etc.) and so not able to ask that user to remove the print job. Any ideas? Thanks a lot!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/show-users-display-name-instead-of-user-logon-name-as-owner-in-print-queue.616719/
Relevancy 75.25%

Whenever i try to log on to my work server using remote desktop on windows 7, i get the above message (with xx.xxx.xxx.xx being the servers IP adress), no matter what i try. I have allowed connections from computers running any version of remote desktop in control panel -> system and security ->allow remote access, but to no avail. I have also tried using the domain name instead of the IP, but it still wont work. I can access the server from my XP machine, so the problem must be on the windows 7 machine somewhere. I hope you can help me.

A:Windows 7 Remote Desktop says: "The credentials that were used to connect to xx.xxx.xxx.xx did not work. Please enter new credentials".

Hi,

I suggest you create a new admin account and login on the machine with new created account to check the result. If the issue persists, please restart the machine with the original user account and collect the following log file for research.

Collect Event log
=========================
a. Click "Start", input "eventvwr" (without quotation marks) in the Start Search bar and press Enter.
b. Right click on "Application" on the left frame, choose "Save Log file As"; in the pop-up window, click to choose the Desktop icon on the left frame, input "app" in the "File name" blank, and then click save.
c. Right click on "System", with the same method, save it as "sys".
d. Locate the two saved log files on the Desktop and upload it.

Thanks,
Novak

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/f6eefd1f-88d9-434c-a2f8-7789651d6b9a/windows-7-remote-desktop-says-quotthe-credentials-that-were-used-to-connect-to-xxxxxxxxxx-did?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 73.1%

Every time I want too run a exe field or a program that needs administrative permission I type in my password using User Account Control but instead of just letting me through it come with this error Logon failure unknown username or bad password I've searched for fixes but haven't found one that works This has been a very big bad ERROR: username password Logon or unknown failure: problem as I am a Computer gamer and all the games I have have ERROR: Logon failure: unknown username or bad password the administrative sign Shield and or are exe files This has been going on for around or months now It ERROR: Logon failure: unknown username or bad password really is getting on my nerves Since there is no way to shut off User Account Control UAC without opening UAC itself I really am ERROR: Logon failure: unknown username or bad password desperate just so you know I'm running on Vista For further detail just ask me And by the way thanks for your help and suggestions Also I'm running on a Manufacturer Acer Model Aspire M Processor AMD tm Triple-Core Processor GHz Memory RAM GB System Type -bit Operating System

A:ERROR: Logon failure: unknown username or bad password

Sorry to revive an old topic, but this may help anyone trying to help me!

I do not have administration priviliges as it will not let me login into my admin account.

I recently changed the password on my 2nd account and the same thing happened to my standard account, I'm on my 3rd and final account.

I believe the changing of passwords has something to do with it.

http://www.vistax64.com/system-security/281191-error-logon-failure-unknown-username-bad-password.html
Relevancy 72.24%

I have a Win7 2008R2 Domain Controller and client computers running Win 7 Pro. On some of my client workstations when you go to logon as any user other than admin the error message "User Profile Service failed the logon, User Profile could not be loaded". After some research on the web they suggest deleting the SID of the user profile in question. However the values in the registry do not match the article. It says that there should be a .bak ext on one of the values. I don't see this value, just long #'s. Anyone familiar with this problem or the work around (if there is one) please let me know.

A:User Profile Logon Failure

This can happen if you create a local account instead of an account in Active Directory on the Domain Controller. Or if a User account is deleted from AD. First check the user account in AD.
then try this: going into the Advanced Security Settings for the C:\Users\Default folder (its hidden by default) and checking the box to "Replace all child object permission with inheritable permissions from this object".

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/user-profile-logon-failure-701477.html
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi, tried to use a login on vista 7 today but got this message " the User Profile Service service failed the logon " " user profile cannot be loaded" it has not been accessed for some time is it's my girlfriends account and she uses another pc most of the time . my account is working fine which is admin account ( as was hers ) .

only other things i can add i've recently done quite a lot of windows updates etc .

is there a way to access this account or at least access music, pictures and files from the blocked account or not

thanks in advance ( sorry if this has been posted a lot before but not sure how to topics search )

i've tried accessing from control panel , also tried system restore from there too but i don't really know what i'm doing so thought better of trying anything else

Relevancy 70.95%

I attempted to form a new account user on Windows bit HP However when I went to logon with that account I got the User profile service failed logon User profile can't be loaded Did a little Google searching and came up with the registry correction approach See below Everything was going failed logon-profile to failure user account New fine until I got to the Profilelist as none of the five S- files had a bak These five files were all the New user account failed to logon-profile failure same except for their last - numbers thus I could not figure which ones needed renaming so I didn't make any changes Here is some more detail on these files from the right side of the pane computer name ValuedCustom-PC main account user name Valued Customer Guest user account which works but i need to setup a new user account - Default value New user account failed to logon-profile failure not set ProfileImagePath - C Users Valued Customer Runlogonscript RefCount - State - and that was all that was for this file - Default value not set ProfileImagePath - C Users Test ValuedCustom-PC RefCount - State - - Default value not set ProfileImagePath - C Users Updatususer RefCount - State - - Default value not set ProfileImagePath - C Users TEMP ValuedCustom-PC No RefCount or State was showing - Default value not set ProfileImagePath - C Users Guest RefCount - State - iframe there are many other tutorials with the same approach

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/582774/new-user-account-failed-to-logon-profile-failure/
Relevancy 70.95%

Hi there,

We are having some difficulty with opening a network drive on Windows 7.

Recieve the error: "Logon Failure: user account restriction. Possible reasons are blank passwords not allowed, logon hour restrictions, or a policy restriction has been enforced."

This only happens if password protection has been turned on in the Network and Sharing Center. If it is turned off it works fine. The only problem is that it needs it be on so that other users cant access the drive.

What can we try to solve this issue. This is on Windows 7 Pro 32bit to connect on files on Windows 7 64bit. (May this be an issue?)

Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/error-logon-failure-user-account-restrition-670951.html
Relevancy 70.52%

So here's failure:" in Trying access "Logon to workgroup, getting error computer my problem I just set up some new Windows Professional bit machines in this office Currently the network type is set to Work and all computers are a member of the same Workgroup and Password Protected Sharing on the computer being used as a server is set to quot Off quot I've run into a situation now where I need to change that to On I've got Trying to access computer in workgroup, getting error "Logon failure:" another computer that's set up as somewhat Trying to access computer in workgroup, getting error "Logon failure:" of a workstation and a Trying to access computer in workgroup, getting error "Logon failure:" secondary server print server It has password protected sharing turned on and I'm not receiving the same error on this machine even though the settings if I remember correctly are all the same The error is Logon Failure The user has not been granted the requested logon type at this computer I have already created identical user accounts and passwords on the machines And as I said one computer works fine and the other does not One of the things I thought of tonight as I was sitting around is that maybe I need to change the setting under HomeGroup connections to quot User user accounts and passwords quot rather than quot Allow Windows to manage quot but I just don't know if that has anything to do with it at all I'm even fairly positive that the second server that isn't having this issue has the quot Allow Windows quot option checked Either way I'm extremely confused by this and any help would be greatly appreciated

A:Trying to access computer in workgroup, getting error "Logon failure:"

Hello,

Click on Start and type secpol.msc press enter.

Go to Local Policies=> User Rights Assignment
Double-click on "Log on as batch job" on the right
Click the "Add User or Group..." button and add the Users.

If that didn't help, please choose 'Log on Locally' then add the Users

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/189361-trying-access-computer-workgroup-getting-error-logon-failure.html
Relevancy 70.09%

http://forums.techguy.org/networking/357655-aah-lol-urgent-2.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/net...as-not-been-granted-requested-logon-type.html

http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=...requested+logon+type+at+this+computer&spell=1

http://www.computing.net/answers/networking/cant-access-one-computer-on-net/25769.html

I have got Desktop with XP Home Edition and Laptop with XP Prof SP3

On Desktop when I typed in \\Laptop\C$ or \\Laptop\D$ , I have got no problem to access Desktop.

On Laptop when I typed in \\Desktop\C$ or \\Desktop\E$ , I would be presented with this error:

Logon Failure: The user has not been granted the requested logon type at this computer.Click to expand...

There is no firewall, I do not have same accounts and passwords on both computers (although I tried that and it did not work).

Option for " Use simple file sharing " is unchecked.

Any help

Thanks

A:XP Home Edition Logon Failure: The user has not been granted the requested

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-home-edition-logon-failure-the-user-has-not-been-granted-the-requested.780030/
Relevancy 69.66%

The thread title is a problem that I've been having while trying to create a new profile for work on my laptop. This is the error message that happens every time I try to log into this profile. All the help I've been able to find online has involved old profiles having this error, but I'm only getting this error with newly created profiles. The regedit solution that the windows site gives doesn't work because my computer isn't creating a path in the registry to that user account apparently, and I honestly have no idea how to fix this.

A:"user profile cannot be loaded user profile service failed the logon"

Hello iluvme4never, welcome to Seven Forums!

Start by having a look at this tutorial at the link below.

User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/163761-user-profile-cannot-loaded-user-profile-service-failed-logon.html
Relevancy 69.66%

windows 7 IE9 correct credentials, the Outlook Web Access page does not load
and no error indicated. This is a new desktop computer and the same OWA website address loads fine after credentials are entered. have tried lowering and adding the OWA site to IE trusted sites list and even tried compatibility mode ... any help thoughts are appreciated

A:IE9 correct credentials, OWA will not load

Moved to internet explorer forum

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/ie9-correct-credentials-owa-will-not-load-627139.html
Relevancy 69.23%

Hello,

The above failure has occured ("logon process initialization failure" ).

what happend before:

- CPU over heated error upon startup
-- cleaned computer
--cleaned & applied new thermal paste (old stuff was dry)
--- outcome: CPU over heat error upon startup
--Did a BIOS repair and update
--Did a Windows update
-System restored to a later date
-System restored to current date ( basically and undo of the above system restore)
--System restore failed
--Retried the sytem restore
-- CPU overheat error occurs
--"logon process initialization failure" occured
--Restarted computer, same failure and overheat error occur
--Occurs just after the Windows start up screen.

Specs:
-Windows 7 home premium 64 bit
-i5 cpu
-6 gb ram
-Raidon 4890 graphics card
-ROG formula 3 Mother board

I would appreciate any help to resolve this issue, if you need any more information I will try to supply it.

Thanks for any help in advance

A:"logon process initialization failure"

Sounds like the CPU is either still overheated, or is damaged from the overheating.

Check to make sure that the cooler is fully seated against the CPU.
Check to make sure that the cooler is clear of dirt/dust/debris
Check to make sure that the fan (for the cooler) is running

If all of these are OK and you still get overheating errors, I'd have to suspect a problem with the CPU (either the heat spreader on the CPU isn't making contact with the actual components underneath the heat spreader - or that the damage to the CPU has cause it to "stick" when reporting heat errors).

You'll need someone who's more expert than I to help diagnose this. Try over in the General forums (or a hardware/CPU forum)

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/236351-logon-process-initialization-failure.html
Relevancy 69.23%

I recently created an Admin account in order to change the account I normally use into a standard account. Now I'm not able to access the Admin account. The account I use is the only one that I can see when my computer starts up or I switch users.

What's worse is that when I try to do something that needs administrative priveledges, it gives me the error message "Login Failure: The user has not been granted the requested logon type at this compute" after I enter the Admin password.

I've looked around at posts about this error message but all of them are about networking. And this isn't a networking problem.

Thanks for any help you can give me!

A:Login Failure: The user has not been granted the requested logon type at this compute

Yes, this is about networking. The network's Group Policy hasn't given you permission to use that computer.

If it's not possible that the network has done this to you, then it's most likely that you're infected. I'd suggest posting over in the Security forums for further advice: http://www.techsupportforum.com/f50/

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/login-failure-the-user-has-not-been-granted-the-requested-logon-type-at-this-compute-395353.html
Relevancy 68.8%

I have a Dell Inspiron and am unable to get to the Windows Desktop On-board is Windows Vista I tried almost all the options through the Safe-boot screen F I resorted to downloading Easy Recovery Essentials for Windows from SystemDiscs com - this allowed me to access the drive but not to repair it I have also tried Windows Defender Offline tool to no avail As things stand now the laptop boots to the Dell Inspiron "other user" logon 1525 problems point where Other User logon screen is displayed Dell Inspiron 1525 "other user" logon problems and no password on Earth will let you in Also no matter Dell Inspiron 1525 "other user" logon problems how many times F is hit the safe boot screen does not show I have managed to copy all personal info off the drive but am unwilling to accept that the only solution is to buy a new hard drive What about the Windows platform Do I have to purchase a new copy of that as well Why not just take the cop-out solution of buying a new laptop Is there anyone out there willing to put their knowledge amp experience on the table Sorry to sound crabby - any help would be greatly appreciated Just an honest effort to try is all I m asking Thank-you very much in advance nbsp

A:Dell Inspiron 1525 "other user" logon problems

You might call Dell and see if you can get a set of "System Disks" and do a clean rebuild of the machine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-inspiron-1525-other-user-logon-problems.1092845/
Relevancy 68.8%

Okay first hello and thanks for any info you could provide.

First my screen resolution is 1920x1200

The logon screen is this same resolution, thus the User Account Picture on Logon Screen size looks about 1 inch squared

Is there anyway to change this to make it larger

Note: I'm talking about the User Account Picture not the logon screen

A:User Account Picture on Logon Screen size "Windows 7 Ultimate x64"

Quote: Originally Posted by ZeroProfile

Okay first hello and thanks for any info you could provide.

First my screen resolution is 1920x1200

The logon screen is this same resolution, thus the User Account Picture on Logon Screen size looks about 1 inch squared

Is there anyway to change this to make it larger

Note: I'm talking about the User Account Picture not the logon screen

If you're the only person that uses that pc, set a password and it will help make your pc more secure, plus you will have a bigger user account picture.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/239347-user-account-picture-logon-screen-size-windows-7-ultimate-x64.html
Relevancy 68.37%

I m working on a computer that appears to have gone through the quot Windows Recover quot virus malware The user appeared to do a good job of removing the virus and used System Restore to dial the system back about a week which unfortunately is the furthest back the restore points go for some fresh, on logon" account Profile Service "The created failed User the a newly reason Everything seemed to work except for the main users account which had it s profile locations changed to something like c users TEMP username-PC It was pointing to this directory instead of the original directory I then opened up regedit and found the entries at HKEY CURRENT USER Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Explorer Shell Folders all pointing to the wrong folder so I manually edited every entry to point to the correct "The User Profile Service failed the logon" on a fresh, newly created account folder and restarted This ended up working against me When I logged into the account none of the shell folder shortcuts in the start menu would do anything when you clicked on them The menu would stay up and it was as if I was clicking on nothing at all no response Instead of reversing the edits I had just made manually I decided to try "The User Profile Service failed the logon" on a fresh, newly created account using System Restore to revert the system back to the earliest date which the owner of the PC said they had done themselves before I got there I figured the worst that could happen would be it would be just as it was when I first looked at it After performing system restore I can only log into the Administrator account Every other account on the system produced the error message quot The User Profile Service service failed the logon The user profile cannot be loaded quot I decided that instead of editing the registry any further to instead create a new user account that could eventually replace an old one by moving date from the old to the new But I get the same error message when I try to log into the newly created account What a mess Any ideas about how to fix this or am I looking at doing a full system reinstall nbsp

A:"The User Profile Service failed the logon" on a fresh, newly created account

It's probably a typing error but I think you are referring to the Windows Recovery fake computer analysis and optimization program. The owner of the PC only used a restore point that took the machine back one week, which by the sound of it, was not succesfull. System Restore cannot be relied on to remove a virus infection as the restore point may have the infection saved in it. Also, once a system is comprimised by an infection it opens the door for other infections to get into the system.

Only a few helpers with the appropriate permissions can give advice on Malware removal outside of the Malware forum so in order to have the system cleaned of the infection you should open a new thread in the Malware forum.

The other option is to do a full reformat and clean install of the OS.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/the-user-profile-service-failed-the-logon-on-a-fresh-newly-created-account.1030204/
Relevancy 68.37%

Hello SevenForums A friend of mine brought a Windows Ultimate x laptop saying that he can't log in with his account When he tries to log in it shows this message quot The User Profile Service failed the logon User profile cannot be loaded quot Now I've searched the internet and found a few articles how to fix this denied logon" failed service special profile case access "User the problem I receive error "User profile service failed the logon" special case access denied message The user profile service failed the - Microsoft Community You receive a quot The User Profile Service failed the logon "User profile service failed the logon" special case access denied error message None of these worked I would like to restore the profile not creating a new one I can create a second profile without any problem but if I can I would "User profile service failed the logon" special case access denied like to save the current one I've looked into the event viewer and this is what I see for the problem Error User Profile Service eventID Windows cannot log you on because your profile cannot be loaded Details Access is denied I've also checked how it all started This happened during a shutdown Warning User Profile Service Windows detected your registry file is still in use by other applications or services Detail user registry handles leaked from lt SID gt After this during the first start Error User Profile Service Windows was unable to load the registry Detail The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process lt Path-to-user-profile gt ntuser dat After this I get an error from User Profile Service basically with the same text Except this one is thrown by the User while the previous one is thrown by the SYSTEM I see a few more Winlogon warnings but those are just notification events And after a restart it always shows the same problem the one I wrote first I can't log in to the account even in Safe Mode it creates a temporary profile Can anyone give me a few tips what could be the problem Thank you all

A:"User profile service failed the logon" special case access denied

Hello Marty, and welcome to Seven Forums.

The tutorial below may be able to help with this error. The "In Preparation" section at the top can help give you a few options to log on with to be able to do the tutorial.

User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded.

Hope this helps for now,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/342377-user-profile-service-failed-logon-special-case-access-denied.html
Relevancy 68.37%

I am following the tutorial for the "User Profile Service failed the logon..." problem. I get to steps 4 and 5. However, I can't see anything that says "code:". Also, in the left pain I only see HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE and not Code: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion.
There are S-1-5 numbers, but none ending in .bak or .bk.
No matter what I click on there is nothing in the right pane, but "Default" and something else, but nothing that you've said should be there.
At this point I am unable to do either a system restore or delete the profile.
Can you help anymore?

A:"User Profile Service failed the logon..."

Hello Myboys, and welcome to Seven Forums.

See if you may be able to do the STEP ONE section in the tutorial below to boot into Safe Mode or enable the built-in Administrator and log in to it. Afterwards, see if you may be able to do a system restore using a restore point dated before this happened.

The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded. - Vista Forums

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/118149-user-profile-service-failed-logon.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi,

My computer is in domain and i am using third party software for login (2FA).
i want to disable the "other user" option on logon screen or if i click on other user nothing should happen.

i should authenticate only using third party software via domain.

Kindly help to fix it.
Bachchulal varma

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/51319-i-want-disable-other-user-option-logon-screen.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi,

I would like to rename the "Other User" tile at the logon screen to something different like "BOB GENERIC" (not what we would use).
Dont know if it matters or not, but we have enabled policy "Do not show last logged user".

THanks

A:Rename "Other user" tile in logon screen

Hi,

Based my research and knowledge, we may not be able to achieve this request.Kim Zhou

TechNet Community Support

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/eb92da85-a682-4fb2-92db-73163f7da673/rename-quotother-userquot-tile-in-logon-screen?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 68.37%

I try to login and it shows"The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded."

I have looked at other threads showing your options when it comes to this. I have tried these but end up falling short of completing these because apparently my computer lacks the file "regedit" which allows for registry changes and such. Is there any way it can get this file? Any help on the whole situation would be great too.

A:"The User Profile Service failed the logon" help?

Hello Scott, and welcome to Seven Forums.

You might see if the tutorial below may be able to help. Be sure to read all of it for all available options. User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded.
All editions of Windows has Registry Editor. It will be the "C:\Windows\regedit.exe" file.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/309150-user-profile-service-failed-logon-help.html
Relevancy 67.94%

I am trying to use a Corporate logo on my Win 7 Enterprise build default picture instead of the flower

I can replace the user.bmp for the default user profile and that works fine in that each user that logs on get the company log displayed when the are logged on or lock their PC

but the issue is when the PC is booted there is a new user or "other user" - you still get a transparent blue background - is there a way to change this ?

A:Change "other user" logon picture

Hello iburnell,

If you like, double check using the tutorial below to see if you may be able to get rid of the "Other User" on your log on screen.

Logon Screen - Fix Showing Only "Other User" and Last Logged On User

Hope this helps for now,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/340863-change-other-user-logon-picture.html
Relevancy 67.94%

Hi

I run W8.1 Fully updated, I am trying to stop the Logon Screen, no one else uses this PC. but when I run netplwiz.exe I get five
users, which one is MY logon name alone??,

I cannot post the username as the would identify me.

Cheers

Daniel

A:Confusion with "User" when trying to change Logon

Start - CMD - echo %username%

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/67680-confusion-user-when-trying-change-logon.html
Relevancy 67.94%

granting a regular User 'logon as a service' right....... are there any dangers I should be aware of?

They don't have escalated privilege, right? They are still restricted to whatever regular Users group can do?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/381612-user-logon-service-right-any-dangers.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Hello My computer recently less than a day ago control File shows "Publisher: Unknown" Operation for account User started to display User Account Control prompts whenever I deleted or copied that weren't in the quot Users quot folder such User account control shows "Publisher: Unknown" for File Operation as the Program Files folder I am using an Administrator account and the User Account Control is set to notify when programs make changes to Windows User account control shows "Publisher: Unknown" for File Operation but without dimming my desktop Whenever I try to delete any type of file not in the Users folder the User Account Control prompt pops up like in the attachment I believe there is something wrong with the quot File Operation quot program because I'd imagine it would be signed by Microsoft and would automatically be elevated to Admin status so the prompt shouldn't show in the first place Clicking on quot Change when these notifications appear quot doesn't do anything but I am able to copy delete files after clicking quot yes quot I'd really appreciate help because it's getting annoying getting this prompt whenever I want to delete or copy a file and this prompt never appeared before when I was just deleting a file until a day ago I'm using Windows I'm just using a Windows RP theme Also I don't want to disable UAC since it lowers security I feel perhaps something happened to that certain registry key or keys related to it But I'm not sure EDIT I figured out that something was wrong with shell dll so I replaced it with an unmodified copy of the file from another computer and the prompt doesn't come up anymore

A:User account control shows "Publisher: Unknown" for File Operation

*bump* same problem

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/281273-user-account-control-shows-publisher-unknown-file-operation.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Please would someone help me to regain control of my PC?
Windows 7, but I get a bad image error on all start up apps, and when I try to start any program except Chrome browser. I have also found a file in users called wangjihua, which I cannot delete, even in safe mode.
I've tried many antivirus and anti malware to no avail, mostly from a previous resolved similar issue solved by Broni Malware Annihilator
Regards
pme1410

A:Bad Image error upon boot and opening programs, and an unknown new user, "wangjihua"?

Ok, now I've got my two text logs from FRST, here is the first one, part 1;

Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST) (x64) Version:13-08-2015
Ran by Peter (administrator) on PETER-PC-W7-64 (13-08-2015 19:09:35)
Running from C:\Users\Peter\Desktop
Loaded Profiles: Peter (Available Profiles: Peter)
Platform: Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1 (X64) Language: English (United States)
Internet Explorer Version 11 (Default browser: Chrome)
Boot Mode: Normal
Tutorial for Farbar Recovery Scan Tool: http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/topic/335081-frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool/

==================== Processes (Whitelisted) =================

(If an entry is included in the fixlist, the process will be closed. The file will not be moved.)

(IBM Corp.) C:\Program Files (x86)\Trusteer\Rapport\bin\RapportMgmtService.exe
(Intel Corporation) C:\Windows\System32\igfxCUIService.exe
(SEIKO EPSON CORPORATION) C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\EPSON\EBAPI\eEBSvc.exe
(SUPERAntiSpyware.com) C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SASCORE64.EXE
(Acronis) C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Acronis\Schedule2\schedul2.exe
(Acronis) C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Acronis\CDP\afcdpsrv.exe
(Acronis) C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Acronis\Schedule2\schedhlp.exe
(Microsoft Corporation) C:\Program Files\Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center\itype.exe
(Microsoft Corporation) C:\Program Files\Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center\ipoint.exe
(ASUSTeK Computer Inc.) C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\AI Suite II\AsRoutineController.exe
(ASUSTeK Computer Inc.) C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\AI Suite II\Wi-Fi GO!\AssistTools\WiFi GO! Server.exe
(ASUSTeK Computer Inc.) C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\AI Suite II\DIGI+ Power Control\PowerControlHelp.exe
(iolo technologies, LLC) C:\Program Files (x86)\iolo\System Mechanic Professional\ioloGovernor64.exe
() C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\AXSP\1.00.19\atkexComSvc.exe
(ASUSTeK Computer Inc.) C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\AAHM\1.00.20\aaHMSvc.exe
(ASUSTeK Computer Inc.) C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\AsSysCtrlService\1.00.13\AsSysCtrlService.exe
(ASUSTeK Computer Inc.) C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\AsusFanControlService\1.01.08\AsusFanControlService.exe
(Broadcom Corporation.) C:\Program Files\ASUS\Bluetooth Software\btwdins.exe
(Dassault Systmes) C:\Program Files\Dassault Systemes\DraftSight\bin\dsHttpApiService.exe
(DTS, Inc) C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA\DTSU2PAuSrv64.exe
(Microsoft Corporation) C:\Windows\ehome\ehrecvr.exe
(Realtek Semiconductor) C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA\RtkNGUI64.exe
(Realtek Semiconductor) C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA\RAVBg64.exe
(SoftPerfect Research) C:\Program Files\NetWorx\networx.exe
(Logitech, Inc.) C:\Program Files\Logitech\SetPointP\SetPoint.exe
(SEIKO EPSON CORPORATION) C:\Program Files\Common Files\EPSON\EPW!3 SSRP\E_S50STB.EXE
(Microsoft Corporation) C:\Program Files\Windows Sidebar\sidebar.exe
(SEIKO EPSON CORPORATION) C:\Program Files\Common Files\EPSON\EPW!3 SSRP\E_S50RPB.EXE
() C:\Program Files\Ditto\Ditto.exe
(Spotify Ltd) C:\Users\Peter\AppData\Roaming\Spotify\SpotifyWebHelper.exe
(Nero AG) C:\Program Files (x86)\HTC\HTC Sync Manager\HSMServiceEntry.exe
(Intel(R) Corporation) C:\Program Files\Intel\iCLS Client\HeciServer.exe
(Siber Systems) C:\Program Files (x86)\Siber Systems\AI RoboForm\robotaskbaricon.exe
(Piriform Ltd) C:\Program Files\CCleaner\CCleaner64.exe
(Intel Corporation) C:\Windows\System32\IPROSetMonitor.exe
(Google Inc.) C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe
(iolo technologies, LLC) C:\Program Files (x86)\iolo\Common\Lib\ioloServiceManager.exe
(Broadcom Corporation.) C:\Program Files\ASUS\Bluetooth Software\BTTray.exe
(Secunia) C:\Program Files (x86)\Secunia\PSI\psi_tray.exe
(Logitech, Inc.) C:\Program Files\Common Files\Logishrd\KHAL3\KHALMNPR.exe
(Dropbox, Inc.) C:\Users\Peter\AppData\Roaming\Dropbox\bin\Dropbox.exe
(Intel Corporation) C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\DAL\Jhi_s... Read more

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bad-image-error-upon-boot-and-opening-programs-and-an-unknown-new-user-wangjihua.218096/
Relevancy 64.93%

Hello everyone I am new to using sevenforums for posting things I have tried to read all of the rules but if I did not do something correctly please let me know so I can "admin" automatically log-on. to user Unknown trying fix Unknown "admin" user automatically trying to log-on. it and ensure it doesn't happen again I work in an IT department on a college campus and have a specific issue that no one in my office has ever seen heard of before We have a faculty member who just recently received a new desktop computer within the last month It is a Dell Optiplex running Windows Pro x All of the computers we manage have a standard user Unknown "admin" user automatically trying to log-on. account ie John Doe with their password and an administrator account that we have the log-in information for Both accounts are set as administrators and have no restrictions whatsoever We do not run a network or anything so they are both on the actual PC Yesterday I was called down to her office with an issue of her not being able to log on After much inspection I discovered that upon start up the computer was trying to log in to an account named quot admin quot automatically and the two user accounts that we manage were nowhere in sight I was able to select the quot other user quot option and manually enter the log in credentials for both users and successfully log on I had never seen this quot admin quot account before and am confident that it was not created by a user of the PC I decided to view the accounts via quot manage accounts quot and it is nowhere in sight I looked on the C drive and also did not see it anywhere Also the accounts that have previously been used on the computer were still there as if nothing had changed We use Webroot antivirus and I completed a scan on that which showed up clean Any advice suggestions etc would be greatly appreciated Thanks -MB Edit I forgot to mention that I booted up in safe mode and the problem still remained

A:Unknown "admin" user automatically trying to log-on.

Hi there, welcome to Seven Forums
It seems the Administrator account has been activated within Windows 7.
Follow the link to a tutorial below to disable the 'admin' account:

Built-in Administrator Account - Enable or Disable

As you have not set any restrictions, it is most likely a user of the PC in question has activated this account beforehand and has thrown you off as you have never seen it before Just follow the tutorial to disable it and tell us if the PC tries to login automatically onto another account. Good luck!

Dom

EDIT: If you are to use the command prompt method please bear in mind what is said:
"NOTE: If you had previously renamed the built-in "Administrator" account's name, then you will need to substitute administrator in the command below with the new name instead."
So that 'new name' may be 'admin'. If the account is still there just try and use the default name 'administrator'.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/296977-unknown-admin-user-automatically-trying-log.html
Relevancy 64.5%

I just spend a long time fighting this problem and wanted to share how I fixed I was seeing this error on a Win standalone system local profiles not logging into a domain nbsp I had two profiles on it that worked fine but if I tried to create a new profile I would be unable to logon to it and would get the quot User Profile Service failed the logon quot message I tried the steps in KB http support microsoft com kb but they did not logon. failed profile the service loaded." Profile User Service "User cannot be fix the problem After looking through the event logs I found the following error in the Application log Windows cannot copy file C Users Default AppData Local Microsoft Windows Temporary Internet Files SQM iesqmdata setup sqm to location C Users TEMP AppData Local Microsoft Windows Temporary Internet Files SQM iesqmdata setup sqm This error "User Profile Service service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded." may be caused by network problems or insufficient security rights nbsp DETAIL - Access is denied After binging iesqmdata setup sqm I ran across this article http social technet microsoft com Forums en-US w itprogeneral thread e aafae-c aa- df-b - ba fcb c The suggestion there quot I suggest you check the Advanced Security Settings for the C Users Default folder "User Profile Service service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded." Ensure you check the box quot Replace all child object permission with inheritable permissions from this object quot quot Fixed this problem for me nbsp I am now able to logon with the newly created accounts just fine Hopefully this will help others as well

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/7fb93109-218c-43d7-b29a-ceaffc598b58/quotuser-profile-service-service-failed-the-logon-user-profile-cannot-be-loadedquot?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 64.5%

Good Morning All,

We have 3 computers that are taken off the network during the evenings, up to this point, we have just been using local accounts on the computers and no server accounts.  Now the call has been made to provide everyone server accounts and do away with the local accounts.  I know that when they are off site, they will get the "No Logon servers currently available" sign at login.  My question is I have heard about cached credentials, how do they work, is it something that I have to setup for them to be cached or something I have to enable?  I am new to the idea of being able to logon away from the domain.  We do not currently have a VPN connection available but are in the process of setting one up.

Our server is Windows Server 2008.  And the laptops are running Windows 7 Pro.

Thanks!!

A:No Logon Servers Available - Cached Credentials

The credentials should be cached by GPO, called cached credentials. One simple thing to remember is that you must still have them log on while on your network for the first time. After that they will be able to log on even when not connected.  Also remember that this setting "times out" so to speak.  If they are gone for months on end then you might want to consider VPN's as well.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/507558/no-logon-servers-available-cached-credentials/
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi all.

I have the below situation.

When i start windows they ask me for user credentials which is quite normal.

But after i enter them correctly they ask me again. If i delay to enter them the 2nd time when i do i enter windows and i see that all startup programs are already loaded.

The only thing i can imagine is that some time ago i followed an article on how to enable concurrent login of users and probably i have not done it right because it is not supposed to ask me twice for my login credentials.
Unfortunately i do not remember which article was.

So my question is, is there a way to bring my windows 7 ultimate in their default settings according users log on?

Thank you for your time reading this.

Regards,
theobserver.

A:windows 7 asks twice for credentials at logon

Hi again ,

after no response from here -which was my last hope- i decided to have windows 7 automatically login so i would not have to enter my credentials twice and i followed these instructions to do it:
How To Automatically Logon To Windows 7

I expected that windows will not ask me for credentials at all ,but now they ask me just once.

Does anyone have an idea why this is happening?

Thank you for your time reading this.

Regards,
theobserver.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/317687-windows-7-asks-twice-credentials-logon.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Hello All

We have users with WIN2K laptops who logon to the laptop using the cached logon credentials (username, password & domain). and then connecting via VPN to the network. Thus allowing them access to mail, resources, etc without having to re-enter authentication details over & over.

But we also force users to change passwords on a set period of time. But to change the passwords their password will require physical connection to the network, which they do not have.

Is there any way for a user who does not have immediate access to the network to change the cached logon credentials on the laptop to match with with changes made to their account by admin staff?

Any help much appreciated.

A:Changing cached logon credentials

We ran into that same issue where I worked, so I am interested to see if someone here has an answer to your question. Our main issue though was how long the cached account would last on the PC (would it expire after say, 120 days, or would it be useable forever?) if it was never to be physically connected to the network.

We ended up not registering the latops to our domain and not linking the userid to the domain in order to avoid the problem. For the most part, we were able to setup most of the login prompts that users would get when trying to access a network resource via VPN (such as email) to have pre-filled fields (such as domain and userid) and the users would only need to enter in their network password.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/changing-cached-logon-credentials.100164/
Relevancy 64.07%

My Outlook Continues to Prompt You for Logon Credentials anyone please advise what i can do to solve the issue. Thanks appreciate much.

A:My Outlook Continues to Prompt You for Logon Credentials!!

Junqi89, What version of Outlook are you using?

Most versions of outlook allow you when you go to the configuration of that email option, allow you to save the password.

like this:

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/269763-my-outlook-continues-prompt-you-logon-credentials.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi there, this is my first post, hope it's a good one

I work at a school in which we have primary school students using computers. They all use the same login depending on what year they're in. The problem is, senior school students have figured out the passwords (they're very simple! any harder and the primary kids have trouble).

We're trying to think of possible solutions and one is to have the teacher login all the computers for the primary students before they come to class, that way we can make the password however hard we like.
SO... my question is, does anyone know of a program/script/command that will login a group of computers with defined login credentials?
Thanks in advance,

Lindsay

Relevancy 64.07%

Hi,
We're seeing a strange behaviour were cached credentials are overwritten but the entry picked is not the oldest entry available, but the next one in the list.

See attached. The oldest entry is from James_R, dated March 04 2015. When I logged in a new user (on the right hand side - Kris_M) I was expecting James' cached credentials to be removed. I can confirm this is the expected behaviour as I tried it on a fresh
windows image, different domain. However, Windows decided to replace entry number 0, of Rebecca.

We're seeing this with more than just one computer in the domain.
Has anyone came across this so far?
Running Windows 7 32 bit SP1
(picture looks small but use the browser's zoom function)

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/95b38f30-1675-4df9-8db6-7094a821e3b7/domain-cached-credentials-no-logon-server-available?forum=w7itprosecurity
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi all We are having a problem in our company with users working remotely on their laptops They use VPN to connect to the corporate in Issue cached logging logon with credentials. using network but they also use cached logons so that they can access their workstations offline The issue is that even though cached logon is enabled some people get the following error when trying to login to the system quot The system cannot log you on now because the domain lt DOMAIN NAME gt is not available quot I do not understand why it happens If a user has his her password cached to put it simple I know that there are encrypted verifiers etc they should be able to login without a connection with the domain However I Issue with logging in using cached logon credentials. work on a helpdesk and we keep receiving calls from users saying that they could logon to their laptops and connect to the VPN just Issue with logging in using cached logon credentials. the day before and now it is saying that the domain is not available What is going on What could happen overnight Is that possible that cached logon credentials also have the expiry date The only thing that comes to my mind is that the quot local quot password simply expired at night and therefore system is trying to connect to the domain to verify if user is allowed to login Does it make any sense or there is no such thing as the expiry date of cached logon credentials Thanks in advance Peter

A:Issue with logging in using cached logon credentials.

In the VPN make sure that it is set to Not Log Off when computer is restarted or shut down. Then make sure that the VPN is set to start with Windows.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/issue-with-logging-in-using-cached-logon-credentials-624661.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Hey there,
One of my users keeps getting this message when connecting to his Exchange server..."Logon Credentials supplied were incorrect. Blah blah blah" And I can't find what's wrong.
Yesterday, we were trying to connect to another computer on our network through explorer, and when prompted for the username and password, we got that same message.
But I wouldn't think that something as simple would mess with his Outlook.
Thinking it was his computer, I installed Outlook 2K on another computer here and tried connecting the same way, but with the same results.
Everything in Outlook is set up to connect as it should, and everything goes fine except for trying to log on to that exchange server.
Any thoughts?

A:{RESOLVED} Outlook 2000: Logon credentials error

I think it's the pollen.

Anyway, this sounds pretty straightforward to me. Either the user has forgotten the password, he is not logged into the network on that PC as himself, you need to recreate his profile on this PC, or you need to recreate his mailbox on the server.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/resolved-outlook-2000-logon-credentials-error.43263/
Relevancy 61.92%

Trying to fix my friend's laptop. She claims she was watching a youtube video and all of th sudden the computer started acting up and so she rebooted the computer and now it won't boot past the xp logon scren. Comes up with the error: "data execution prevention; userini logon application" with the only option of close message. windows does not contiue to boot and just sits there. I have tried to boot into safe mode but it only gives the option of booting into normal xp media center. tried last known good config and same results. any ideas?

acer aspire 3050-1594
AMD Sempron 3400+
xp media center

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-laptop-wont-boot-past-logon-screen-userinit-logon-application-error.803000/
Relevancy 61.06%

I have two computers my desktop which I am on right now and a User to received when profile I the The Today Service service cannot logon to attempted be faileld my laptop loaded. msg: I Profile User Logon. HP laptop with Windows Home Professional I have two accounts set up on it nbsp One in my name and Today when I attempted to logon to my laptop I received msg: The User Profile Service service faileld the Logon. User profile cannot be loaded. I am Admin and one in my son's name with just basic user priviledges Today when I attempted to logon to my laptop I received msg: The User Profile Service service faileld the Logon. User profile cannot be loaded. nbsp Yesterday I had been signed on the laptop under my profile and switched users to his account nbsp Last night when we logged off I logged him off first Then attempted to log me off when the message came up quot another user is connected quot nbsp Today when I tried to log in as myself I received quot The User Profile Service service failed the Logon nbsp User profile cannot be loaded I can't get in to restore because my Admin password my login failed nbsp I tried coming up in safe mode but still can't get past the admin password nbsp How do I fix this nbsp The way it stands now I can't do anything other than surf nbsp Can't add programs can't uninstall etc

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ad0180d8-821f-4c8f-af79-29fefe3a8894/today-when-i-attempted-to-logon-to-my-laptop-i-received-msg-the-user-profile-service-service?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 59.77%

We have recently implemented wired dot1x authentication based network in out institution; majority of PCs are windows 7.

What is required is to have a pop up windows once any authentication failure happens on the LAN NIC. What we are currently doing is running the wired autoconfig service, and within the network adapter authentication tab, we save user credentials; once these
credentials expires or authentication fails for any reason, the network adapter states that authentication failed, but it it does not prompt, on desktop or any where, a pop up window which allows user to enter different credentials.

Is it doable by any configuration means on windows 7, or by code?

Appreciate your help, Thank you.

Devandroid®

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ce39b5a0-2626-4f0d-9955-fd8b60c3d7f2/wired-8021x-authentication-failure-credentials-popup-window?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 59.77%

Please help! I am trying to logon to my computer and am getting The User Profile Service failed the logon message for both my Lucy and Lucy Administrator profiles. I have looked on here to find a solution and have tried to do a system restore but it tells me that there are no settings to restore to ?? Most other messages just dont make sense as Im not great at dealing with computers when they go wrong! I would be really grateful if anyone knows how I can sort this out. The only thing I can do is log into Safe Mode and I have no idea where to go from here!
Thanks

A:Vista logon issue - The User Profile Service failed the logon ???

Hi Lucy

The following tutorial will give you instructions on how to fix this - The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/277998-vista-logon-issue-user-profile-service-failed-logon.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi, I have this on login attempt

The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded.
It then logs off and directs me back to same screen.

As I stupidly only have one account I have no access to play with any windows options!!!

Please he lp
Just turned on other PC on home network and was able to access the shared folders on problem pc.

Is there any way to correct without a clean install?

Thank You

SOLVED....... Big apologies to all staff at TSG.. I didn't search enough posts.

But I found this and followed exactly. Don't know if it was for Vista, but workedlike a charm on Win 7 x64 Ultimate.

http://forums.techguy.org/windows-vista/787436-solved-user-profile-service-has.html
Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-the-user-profile-service-failed-the-logon-but-only-one-logon-account.927771/
Relevancy 59.34%

Help! After a reboot that didn?t work correctly and having to boot in safe mood then regular boot up my desktop, Files and programs available are all not the same.
It looks like I am a different user even though my user account name has not changed.
My Documents is not showing my true documents. I cannot see MS Office Excel, Word, etc? I can see MS Outlook 2013 but it?s asking me to setup when I already did previously.
I can navigate to c:\users\userId and find all my true documents (My Document).

What can be done? Anything?

A:User Account now not pointing to correct user folder

Hello David mate first try these Troubleshooting Steps for Windows 7 start at point 15 and then do a ckdsk Disk Check

then work through the other stuff

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/293415-user-account-now-not-pointing-correct-user-folder.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hello I m looking for any advice on Exchange migration tools out there that could help me to address the following scenario Our user organization currently has a private exchange provider that we d like to move away from While we have an admin account through this provider it is Migration user only with credentials Exchange only to a web-based Exchange Migration with only user credentials management portal with limited functionality not true admin access to the Exchange server We would like to migrate our users mailboxes with Inboxes Calendar Items Contact Lists Tasks etc from that exchange platform to Office Business Essentials accounts Currently Exchange Migration with only user credentials all of the tools I ve seen require admin access on the original exchange server which we do not have Are there any solutions which are able to run through a batch file with individual users login credentials and export their full mailboxes inclusive of calendar items contacts tasks etc one at a time to PST files that can then be uploaded to their corresponding Office accounts Basically this is what you could do using Microsoft Outlook by setting up an account using the user credentials on the originating server letting the content of the mailbox download and then exporting to a PST file Nothing fancy just looking for an automated way to do this for multiple users Appreciate the advice Thanks nbsp

A:Exchange Migration with only user credentials

Well Office 365, Exchange Online PowerShell has a way that you can use to 'inject' a PST into a users mailbox using your O365 Global Admin Credentials.
Contact O365 Exchange Online Support and they can point you in the right way, then it would be a matter of finding someone good with PowerShell scripts to write a routine that would parse through the active mailboxes and inject the matching PST which you would need to extract individually from each workstation and then save it to your work computer. Of course another thing you could do would be nothing at all, simply edit each local profile to connect to your new Exchange Online service and let it fly, test a single user first, and if it works bring everyone else across.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/exchange-migration-with-only-user-credentials.1154449/
Relevancy 58.91%

I was having problems accessing my NAS drive from Windows 10.
I found that using :

Code:
sc.exe config lanmanworkstation depend= bowser/mrxsmb10/nsi
sc.exe config mrxsmb20 start= disabled
works (from thread 30425)

I have the same problem trying to recover backup files from tthe NAS drive when booted into WinPE (Windows 10).
Please can someone help me make the same changes in the WinPE environment as these commands do not work.

As I am a bit of a novice step by step or even a .BAT file to run in WinPE would be very helpful.

Thanks

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/49277-validating-user-credentials-winpe.html
Relevancy 58.91%

I am fairly new to most admin techniques but i know you can run an application like cmd exe as an administrator while the standard user is still signed into their account Im just not sure how you do this i have tried right clicking and running as on standard using credentials a Admin user an admin but it never prompts me to enter the Admin credentials So to clarify with an example if i have a user as standard user and i want using Admin credentials on a standard user to quickly be able to delete a file from the windows system folder by keeping the current standard user still signed in how do i do this I was under the impression that if i try to use quot run as administrator quot it would then prompt me to put in my Admin credentials but it does not windows bit on a workgroup domain some of the employees i have had edited some windows files they shouldn't have so in order to prevent them from continuing to do so i made them all standard users but now i dont know how to use my admin account without having them sign out and then having to sign in with the admin account

A:using Admin credentials on a standard user

Use runas from the command line. Otherwise you need UAC active.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/328550-using-admin-credentials-standard-user.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Vanilla Dell Inspiron 1720 laptop running Windows Vista. It has never had a login account or password protection, and is only used in single user mode.

Yesterday, start-ups fine, no password. Today, I'm presented with the user logon widow prompting me for a password, and cannot logon to Vista!

No-one has meddled with the laptop. Don't know if SP1 was automatically downloaded
and installed - whatever the factory defaults were from Dell. I've not seen any references to this kind of issue on Vista, but have heard about a similar thing with NT.

Any suggestions how this could have happened?

Yes - I know I can reset passwords using the NT Password Editor (http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/).

Relevancy 58.48%

This started when logon, know and name are correct invalid I but for the Username pw I changed quot show last user quot on sign-in screen to disabled Sign in Screen - Do Not Display User Name in Windows I have two user accounts Randy is a regular user Randy is an admin After I made the change above I could still login with Randy but Randy always gave me an quot Username invalid for logon, but I know the name and pw are correct invalid name or password quot At first I thought I was really screwed No usable account with admin privileges However it is weirder than that In Randy let's Username invalid for logon, but I know the name and pw are correct say I attempt something requiring admin privileges I get a popup with Randy in it and a prompt to enter my password Username invalid for logon, but I know the name and pw are correct for Randy This still works That tells me both the account and password are good There is just an oddity with the logon name I go into Control Panel User Accounts I click Manage Another Account Again I am prompted for the password for Randy to get admin privileges This works As a precaution I add another admin account Randy I reboot I can now login normally with Randy or Randy but still not with Randy When logged on as Randy I go back to User Accounts and try to change the name of Randy to Randy thinking maybe there is some hidden character messing up the logon of Randy and I might be retyping the name now cleanly I am told that quot Randy quot already exists on the system Finally I give up and restore the default quot show last user at logon quot Now I can login any of the three users Anyone have an idea what might be happening here

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/61410-username-invalid-logon-but-i-know-name-pw-correct.html
Relevancy 58.48%

I'm running a program that checks for broken links on domain pages, its called xenu.

I can't ever get it to run to 100% because every 5 minutes Im prompted to fill in the user/pass in boxes like this---> Screenshot by Lightshot

I disabled the credentials manager here--> Screenshot by Lightshot
Do you think I need to restart the comp to take action? Id rather not atm :l

I disabled the windows security for the time being here--> Screenshot by Lightshot

Yet it continues to popup, pausing my scanning in the mean time, arggg

How do I turn off that user/pass prompt?--> Screenshot by Lightshot

A:How can I disable this dumb "windows security" credentials prompts?

What happens if you enter your user name and password when it pops up then tick Remember My Credentials. What antivirus are you using and have you tried disabling the security center service if you're using a 3rd party AV and firewall

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/351985-how-can-i-disable-dumb-windows-security-credentials-prompts.html
Relevancy 58.48%

I am logging on to home network PC from 2nd home network PC. Both are Win 7. Apparently, a long time ago, I logged onto \\LAPTOP from this PC as Guest and saved credentials.

How can I force the login box to re-appear so I can login to \\LAPTOP with different account and PW?

TIA

A:How to reset Credentials and Login as diff User/PW

go to "manage network passwords" using the start menu search field.

btw, if you are using the same username and password on each computer it can automatically login regardless.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/35271-how-reset-credentials-login-diff-user-pw.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi all First a scenario then a question Two Win computers Each computer has a user account with the same a on user credentials drive Maintaining mapped name but different passwords This is necessary because other users can log on remotely to one machine with this user account but should be locked out of the other A local user who has access to both accounts tries to access a mapped drive on one machine The user names are the same but the passwords are different Windows gives an error the local user enters the credentials correctly same username but remote machine password and says quot Remember these credentials quot Credentials are remembered throughout the duration of Maintaining user credentials on a mapped drive the computer session When the computer is rebooted the computer forgets the credentials for the mapped drive and Step starts all over again Question How can the local user save the remote credentials permanently And is it possible without using Group Policy Preferences as he is not on a domain This is happening right here in my house Thanks guys I appreciate the help in alleviating this annoyance

A:Maintaining user credentials on a mapped drive

Quote: Originally Posted by hjonesMCT

Hi all

Question: How can the local user save the remote credentials permanently? And is it possible without using Group Policy Preferences, as he is not on a domain?

This is happening right here in my house. Thanks guys, I appreciate the help in alleviating this annoyance!

You've probably already tried this, as you're a pro with a great rep, so please forgive me if I suggest something wrong.

Have you tried setting up an "enterprise" credential in credential manager?

I have a similar situation where I have a windows 7 machine acting as a server, and 10 other computers that connect to it. Let's call the server PC-A.

On PC-B through PC-J I go into credential manager and enter \\PC-A, and then the the user name and password. This will create a credential with a persistence of "enterprise". passwords are remembered from that point on.

PC-B has it's own password which is different to the credentials used for PC-A.

When you map the drive it will default to the account you are logged on to, so I connect using a different user/password when I map the drive and works like a charm.

hth.

Tanya

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/175292-maintaining-user-credentials-mapped-drive.html
Relevancy 58.48%

At work, there's another server in a different domain and when accessing shares we sometime get the message prompt for credentials and system detected compromised security...etc.  It's very random in nature, although, once the share comes up it then
never prompts afterwards for that session.  It's 2008 server win 7 clients.

jim_ea

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/a9542624-14ac-42d7-9506-07866ef29170/accessing-share-prompts-for-credentials-with-ampquotsystem-detected-possible-attempt-to?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi all,

I'm wondering if anyone can help me with this option. The school computers go through a proxy server which requires a username and password to access. On the pop-up menu that prompts for the username and password, there's an option to remember the login credentials. On some computers, this will be checked by default and on others, it will be unchecked by default.

Does anyone know if it's possible to change whether it is checked or unchecked by default? I haven't been able to find an option to do so, and it's causing some teachers and students to save their credentials on the computers, which can be a security issue.

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks!

A:Internet Explorer - "Remember my Credentials" option

Hi mitchyd1989, welcome to Seven Forums.
Your problem is quite a tricky one.

As far as I know, the "Remember my credentials" check box should always be unchecked by default. Unless it has been checked by someone (in your case a teacher or a student).

Unfortunately there isn't really a way to completely disable this option, without having to go into really deep nitty gritty computer stuff.

But I have found some useful information on the web that you might like to have a look at:

Case Study ? How to Enable or Disable ?Remember my credentials? in IE in credential window. - AsiaTech: Microsoft APGC Internet Developer Support Team - Site Home - MSDN Blogs
Otherwise I would suggest upgrading to Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome, as these Internet Browsers don't have the "Remember my credentials" button and are 3x faster than Internet Explorer.

I hope this helps .

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/324091-internet-explorer-remember-my-credentials-option.html
Relevancy 58.48%

I would like to remove the "Other Credentials" button from the login screen for aesthetic reasons (I've already removed almost everything else). I run a .reg on startup to make sure that the password dialog is always open on the login screen and not the fingerprint reader dialog; since the fingerprint reader works even when the password dialog is open, there's no reason why I would ever switch to it. I use the fingerprint reader regularly to log on, so disabling it isn't an option.

Surely it must be somewhere in authui.dll, but I cannot determine what or where the "Other Credentials" button is encoded.

(Also helpful would be removing the username, "Locked" text when the computer is locked, and the momentary "Welcome" text after logging on)

A:Remove "Other Credentials" button from login screen

Could you post a screenshot of what you're seeing?

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/207444-remove-other-credentials-button-login-screen.html
Relevancy 58.05%

hello I have upgraded vista to win home premium everything was going great until the network card stopped working i used talktalk quot talk and go quot to reset the adaptor then the computer re-set and shut down i restarted but it wouldn't get to the log on page before shutting down I borrowed a laptop and found a thread to turn failed the logon. Profile "The Use User service Service back the clock to vista with some command prompts but this didn't work To compound things i then saw open in previous good something and the log on screen appeared - i thought YES but NO typed in my password quot The User Profile Service service failed the logon User profile cannot be loeaded "The User Profile Service service failed the logon. Use quot it appears that i have deleted my account i have looked at other threads of this nature and have been directed to a vista tutorial - however it staes that you must be logged on as an administrator - i can't log on i've tried opening the command prompt and turing on the in built administrator but i have to restart to get back to log on page which defeats the command prompt i have tried to re-install win but comp tells me i have started with disk in restart "The User Profile Service service failed the logon. Use then insert disk this does nothing i'm really really fed up at the mo i thought that win would be better than this any help to solve this would be great thanks

A:"The User Profile Service service failed the logon. Use

Hello, and welcome to the forums.

Have you enabled "Boot from CD" in your BIOS?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/31621-user-profile-service-service-failed-logon-use.html
Relevancy 58.05%

As the title says. I was entering my password. It is just numbers and I tried it with caps lock on and off. It was the correct password. I tried multiple times.

I had to reset my computer.

Is that normal? Could I have a virus? My computer has been acting 'weird' but not like it has a virus. I have used malwarebytes and avg. Both do not find anything.

A:Correct Password to logon rejected, had to restart

Are you sure you were typing it in correctly? I've done the same thing and swore I was typing in the correct user name and password and got that error message...I had to slow down my fingers typing in password and sure enough I had access.

Yes..you could very well have a Virus or malware of some type which can cause this type of problem. Personally I would switch to MSE for AV and use more than just malwarebytes for malware. I use 4 and they find something that the others didn't catch. Here are the 4 I use.

Malwarebytes Malwarebytes : Free anti-malware, anti-virus and spyware removal download
Super Antispyware SUPERAntiSpyware.com | Remove Malware | Remove Spyware - AntiMalware, AntiSpyware, AntiAdware!
Adaware Ad-Aware by Lavasoft - Antivirus software, free spyware removal, firewall
Spybot S&D The home of Spybot-S&D!

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/207965-correct-password-logon-rejected-had-restart.html
Relevancy 57.62%

WHat would I need to put in the target field of a shortcut properties in order to automatically run as a diff user? (Instead of holding down shift and right clicking on shortcut and selecting RunAs different user.) I am trying to run remote assistance as a diff user and I added /runas /user:username %windir%\systm32\msra.exe /offerra but nothing comes up, i see a window flash for a moment but nothing happens. also tried adding /passwordpassword) and that did not work either.
thanks.

A:How to automatically run a shortcut with "RunAs" w/ credentials

Hello JustWatching,

This should be able to help you create a shortcut to run a program as a different user.

Run as Different User Shortcut - Create for Specified Program and User

You would want to use this command below. It will remember the password after you enter the password the first time it's opened.

runas /savecred /user:USER-NAME "C:\full\path\of\Program.exe"

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/318609-how-automatically-run-shortcut-runas-w-credentials.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi,

I'm running Windows 7 Professional and have a major annoyance. My main corporate file store is a hosted Sharepoint server, which I've mapped into Explorer using Add Network Location.

When setting this up and subsequently, I've entered my UN and PW then checked the "Remember my credentials" box. However, every time I try to open a document from the share, I get the Credentials dialog thrown at me. As I access hundreds of documents a day, you can imagine this is completely infuriating.

What can I do to resolve this? I checked in "User Accounts" under "Credential Manager" and I have two entries - one for Windows Credentials and one for Generic Credentials - both are accurate.

Please help before I go utterly insane.

Relevancy 57.62%

At work I constantly run into an issue of someone who has logged into a computer and instead of logging out they just left it on and walked away causing the computer to lock or manually locking it themself. Some terminals will have a button which says "Other Credentials" while sometimes that button is unavailable. Why is this and how do I fix it so I don't have to kill the power every time a computer is locked? I've searched everywhere and there have been other people asking this question and the answer is, "log in as administrator and unlock the computer." How do I log in as administrator if I can't even get somewhere to enter an account name?

It's driving me nuts.

Mike

A:How do I unlock a computer with no "Other Credentials" button?

Mike, you'll have to ask the "how come?"question to those who are the Administrators of the computers and those who own the network Domain...

If the "user" connected to the Domain doesn't log out, then you're faced with telling them what they need to do.

If you're the Domain's IT, then you need to have a "dialog" with owner's permission to accomplish your 'job'.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/312177-how-do-i-unlock-computer-no-other-credentials-button.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi guys,

From time to time windows for some reason, asks for my most recent credentials. I just click on it in the action center, it goes to my account settings and then it disappears as a problem all together. Why?

This is not some issue I'm facing that's not allowing me to do some work on my laptop or anything of that sort but is getting fairly annoying.

Thanks,

Have a Great Day,

M

A:Why does windows asks for my "most recent credentials" so often?

Hello Marko,

You might see if the method in the tutorial below may be able to sort this for you.

Click here to enter your most recent credential - Fix in Windows 10

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/44253-why-does-windows-asks-my-most-recent-credentials-so-often.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi guys,

From time to time windows for some reason, asks for my most recent credentials. I just click on it in the action center, it goes to my account settings and then it disappears as a problem all together. Why?

This is not some issue I'm facing that's not allowing me to do some work on my laptop or anything of that sort but is getting fairly annoying.

Thanks,

Have a Great Day,

M

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/44253-why-does-windows-asks-my-most-recent-credentials-so-often.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Hey Everybody Not Desktop Did "Credentials Work" Remote I am a Graphic Designer with a company and I am having a problem using VPN and Remote Desktop "Credentials Did Not Work" Remote Desktop to access my work computer from home My Fiance will be having our baby in the next couple of weeks and I need to have access to my machine while I am out of the office I use VPN and connect fine to that I start up remote desktop and type in the address of my work computer x xx I then asks me to log on using my existing credentials or a new one I have tried this two Remote Desktop "Credentials Did Not Work" ways I have tried using a new one with my work log on Bxxxx Lxxxxxx and password Bxxxxxxxxxx and I get the error Credentials Did Not Work quot I have also created a new administrator account on my home computer with the same user name and password as my work machine same problem I know that the user name and credentials are correct and I have tried this about times each All settings are correct on my machines as far as I can tell I have allowed connections to anyone on my work computer and allowed the computer to be controlled remotely I am at my wits ends with this Any help you can provide would be great System setup Home Windows Ultimate x All updates installed Remote connection allowed through all firewalls Administrator account System setup Work Windows Professional x All updates installed Administrator account

A:Remote Desktop "Credentials Did Not Work"

What security software do you have installed on your home and work computer?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/150659-remote-desktop-credentials-did-not-work.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Network is setup as a Workgroup Homegroup Shared printer requires credentials for standard user is disabled Administrators can print but standard users cannot Shared Shared printer requires credentials for standard user printer is visible in Control Panel- gt Hardware and Sound- gt Devices and Printers for Administrators but not standard users Shared printer is visible Network- gt Computer- gt BEDROOMCOMPUTER- gt HP LaserJet P PC Standard user cannot add shared printer in Control Shared printer requires credentials for standard user Panel I know just thought I'd try From Notepad- gt File- gt Print - gt Find Shared printer requires credentials for standard user Printer I select BEDROOMCOMPUTER- gt HP LaserJet P PC quot Connect to BEDROOMCOMPUTER quot dialog pops up This I don't understand At this point I am lost I get an error if I try to supply credentials but I shouldn't need to supply credentials The errors are quot The credentials supplied conflict quot if I use Administrators credentials or quot The credentials supplied are no sufficient quot if I use standard users credentials no password Standard user can access shared folders without being asked for credentials ---------Network Setup------------------------ Two Windows Pro machines - one a desktop - one a laptop Printer attached to desktop machine Printer connected to USB port USB Printer properties- gt Sharing- gt Share this printer Printer properties- gt Security - Everyone- gt Print - CREATOR OWNER- gt Manage documents - Administrators BedroomComputer Administrators- gt Print - gt Manage this printer - gt Manage documents Advanced sharing settings same on both machines - current profile is quot Home quot - all options set to quot on quot except password protected sharing - file sharing connections quot -bit quot - HomeGroup connections quot use user accounts and passwords quot - Both HomeGroup services are disabled

A:Shared printer requires credentials for standard user

It seems like adding check marks to the Everyone share then hitting the Apply button would have this working for you. I'm sure you also checked that the Sharing tab has been checked to share the printer.

I'm not sure what you mean "both Homegroup services are disabled"?

Are both machines part of the same Homegroup?

There are threads on this about how you can fix this problem using the "Point and Print Restrictions" settings in the GPO but they apparently only relate to Windows 7 machines on a Domain, it may be worth a try who knows.
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/...or-permissions

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/300709-shared-printer-requires-credentials-standard-user.html
Relevancy 57.62%

I
have Windows 7  "Save credentials" button is disable (it is on 802.1X settings, Specify authentication mode).

I
have no idea why "Save Credentials" is greyed out.. I'm connecting wireless to a domain.Thank very much in advance

R
Hawkes

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/d1ee70be-2e62-4b83-b7fc-f3b7ee39cff9/save-credentials-button-grayed-out-on-user-authentication?forum=w7itprovirt
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi technet-community How can I set credentials in WPA AES PEAP scenario for user based authentication in advance by script import xml profile using netsh I've clicked my way through the wireless lan profiles manager a couple of times today and found out that when setting up a WPA -Enterprise AES PEAP profile without setting the credentials in the x authentication tab for user based authentication in advance the user gets prompted for the credentials upon first connection attempt Works as designed fine However in case I do provide these credentials in advance via aforementioned tab these credentials are also used when signing off and logging on with a different windows user Does this work as designed I hope so - as I would rely on that Seems like the credentials are stored in HKCU if letting windows prompt upon first connection or HKLM-hive respectively when providing the credentials while editing the profile Now what I am really 802.1x user authentication based for in advance set in scenario cached credentials after would be a way to set cached credentials for user based authentication in 802.1x scenario in advance provide the x user credentials programmatically or by import using netsh However netsh doesn't seem to do the trick As the credentials are not included Also I have found that netsh's lan context offers the possibility to set eapuserdata while the wlan context doesn't Other than that I've only found this article on stackoverflow to be helpful - pointing somewhere http stackoverflow com questions saving-windows-wireless-profile-credentials but lack the expertise to implement something that would CryptProtect and stow away the required info at the appropriate location in the registry Asking for advice and looking forward for your replies Greetings from Austria tom

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/9dbe5459-c937-4b69-a30f-3692607553d4/set-cached-credentials-for-user-based-authentication-in-8021x-scenario-in-advance?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 57.19%

Our users are standard users on their PCs. There is one program that is asking for a username and password with administrator rights.
I know of the shortcut method using runas /savecred /user:administrator, but this is not a good idea.
I tried the scheduled task / shortcut  method "schtasks /run /tn "taskname", but this doesn't work.  The GUI is launched in the administrator session and is not even visible to the user.
How can I allow a standard user to run this program without him having to enter admin credentials or without making him a member of the local administrator group on the PC?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/d731a96f-f479-49ee-bcda-43eadc55a25a/how-can-a-standard-user-account-run-a-program-without-supplying-admin-credentials?forum=w7itprosecurity
Relevancy 56.33%

A vulnerability in fully puts bug risk Internet credentials fully Explorer in user patched Serious at patched versions of Internet Explorer allows attackers to steal login credentials and inject malicious content into users' browsing sessions Serious bug in fully patched Internet Explorer puts user credentials at risk Microsoft officials said they're working on a fix for the bug which works successfully on IE running on both Windows and The vulnerability is known as a universal cross-site scripting XSS bug It allows attackers to bypass the same origin policy a crucially important principle in Web application models that prevents one site from accessing or modifying browser cookies or other content set by any other site A proof-of-concept exploit published in the past few days shows how websites can violate this rule when people use supported versions Internet Explorer running the latest patches to visit maliciously crafted pages To demonstrate the attack the demo injects the words Hacked by Deusen into the website of the Daily Mail But it also could have stolen HTML-based data the news site or any other website stores on visitors' computers That means it would be trivial for attackers to use it to steal authentication cookies many websites use to grant access to user accounts once a visitor has entered a user name and password Once in possession of the cookie an attacker could access the same restricted areas normally available only to the victim including those with credit card data browsing histories and other confidential data Phishers could also exploit the bug to trick people into divulging passwords for sensitive sites Serious bug in fully patched Internet Explorer puts user credentials at risk

A:Serious bug in fully patched Internet Explorer puts user credentials at risk

The article doesn't make any sense.  It starts of by talking about a vulnerability in Internet Explorer, then talks about websites doing something with cookies, and then the exploit is "proven" by hacking some website.

+++
Just realized the quoted text is not the whole article.  Reading the Ars Technica article from the link now...

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/565622/serious-bug-in-fully-patched-internet-explorer-puts-user-credentials-at-risk/
Relevancy 56.33%

Having just learned from an OLD post here that renaming a user account apparently doesn't change the order in which the corresponding logon icons appear at startup -- due to the order being apparently determined by when each folder was originally created, which was when this computer was first opened back in 2011 -- I want to be able, after creating a new user account, to migrate data from the account whose name I changed. I'd been previously suggested to try User Profile Wizard from Forensit.com... would this be a good idea, or can you suggest something different?

HP/Compaq CQ2014, AMD E-300, Radeon HD graphics, Win7 Home Premium 64-bit custom SP1, 3MB RAM, 500GB disk

Bob

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/392313-create-new-user-migrate-old-users-data-change-logon-icon-order.html
Relevancy 56.33%

(reposted from Customization)

Having just learned from an OLD post here that renaming a user account apparently doesn't change the order in which the corresponding logon icons appear at startup -- due to the order being apparently determined by when each folder was originally created, which was when this computer was first opened back in 2011 -- I want to be able, after creating a new user account, to migrate data from the account whose name I changed. I'd been previously suggested to try User Profile Wizard from Forensit.com... would this be a good idea, or can you suggest something different?

HP/Compaq CQ2014, AMD E-300, Radeon HD graphics, Win7 Home Premium 64-bit custom SP1, 3MB RAM, 500GB disk

Bob

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/392449-create-new-user-migrate-old-users-data-change-logon-icon-order.html
Relevancy 56.33%

When I tried to log on to my computer, I'm getting this message saying, the user profile service failed the logon, User profile cannot be loaded. Please someone tell me how I can fix this problem. I tried rebooting my computer but that did not seem to work please help me:( thank you!

A:[SOLVED] I'm getting this message saying the user service failed the logon user profi

I had forgot to mention I have an hp windows 7 laptop!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-im-getting-this-message-saying-the-user-service-failed-the-logon-user-profi-951817.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi all I had to repair Windows XP Home from original disk because of a system error Now choose Showing to Cannot user Names Startup at Welcome No User a logon : Windows when I start Windows on the welcome page it says quot To begin click your user name quot but the right part of the screen where the users normally are is completely blank There are no users to choose from I can run No User Names Showing at Windows Welcome Startup : Cannot choose a user to logon Safe Mode so I have tried the following In safe mode went to Control Panel gt Users gt and added a new user and checked the Administrator password was still the same yes This made no difference and blue logon screen still asked me to choose a user but had no users showing In safe mode Start gt Run quot Control Userpasswords quot and unchecked quot Users must use a password on this computer quot This has now created the error when I boot quot Unable to log you on because of an account restriction quot Then goes back to blue quot To begin click your user name quot but no users Tried repairing Win XP AGAIN but no difference Has anyone seen this problem before I would so appreciate any input Thanks MJ nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-user-names-showing-at-windows-welcome-startup-cannot-choose-a-user-to-logon.703502/
Relevancy 56.33%

I am running on Windows 7 and I tried creating a new user. Every time I try to logon I get the error message User Logon Service service has failed.

I created the user under standard and admin and still no luck.

I found some answers but these are for corrupt user. I cannot even find my user name under regedit.

thanks

Joy

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-user-created-error-message-user-logon-service-failed.1165290/
Relevancy 56.33%

an acount on my computer will not load. it says the user proflile service failed the logon. user profile can not be loaded. ive seen other questions like this and they said to make a new acount. i tried that multiple times and it says the same thing for each new acount that i make. the other 4 acounts are fine

A:the user proflile service failed the logon. user profile can not be loaded.

If your newly created accounts can't log on, then it is time to check for something else.

In case there is hard drive corruption, I would check the hard drive. Right click on Drive C and choose Properties, > Tools tab > Check Now. The machine will need to reboot for the check to begin. See if the check reports of any problems.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/the-user-proflile-service-failed-the-logon-user-profile-can-not-be-loaded.1117371/
Relevancy 55.47%

I am a lab technician for Microsoft classes at a community college One of our students somehow messed up his hard drive The computer is running Windows Enterprise SP -bit The system has two administrator accounts and one not accounts No profile but user to created able logon User - standard user account I am still able to logon with those accounts and there are SID keys for each of these users in the registry Now when we create a new user the account is created without any problems The user shows up on the logon page and after running the net user command it shows up there as well When I try to logon with the new user I get a message The User Profile Service failed the logon User profile cannot be loaded None of the new user accounts show up in the registry The other anomaly that I see is that the Default User folder is missing in each of the Users subdirectory for the three accounts where I have no problems I have read the Microsoft Knowledge Base Article and none of the methods apply to my problem I also checked Local Group Policies and the Do not logon users with temporary profiles setting is not configured I would appreciate any thoughts that anyone has this problem

A:User accounts created but not able to logon - No user profile

Pixel, welcome to Sevenforums!

Have you tried a system restore yet? select a point before the problem began: System Restore
Try a repair install: Repair Install
Important! Read the warning box in the tutorials just in case they effect the user or your class
Credits: Both tutorials created by Brink

Let me know which of these tutorials you are able to do, and if they correct the problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/214748-user-accounts-created-but-not-able-logon-no-user-profile.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi Everyone I'm hoping to get some help I had a power outage while my WD Elements TB Hard drive was on I wasn't accessing it but apparently that was enough I had a lot of important data on it but losing External "Bad failure. after Hard power disk" Drive failure hope after unsuccessful attempts to use PhotoRec to get items off it It doesn't show as accessible in MyComputer but is detected I've included what it shows under the quot Manage quot view of the drive I've also tried MiniTool Partition but it doesn't seem to be able to fix the partition I've also tried Partition Bad Disk and it just shows the whole TB drive as one bad block It won't let me fix it either Does anyone have any other bits of advice I'm at a loss as what to do It seems the data is not recoverable I can't figure out how to get it to show or even how to use it again Please see attachments I'm grateful for any ideas help please Thank you

A:External Hard Drive failure. "Bad disk" after power failure

Hello dime5150. Welcome to the forum

In PW, did you try "Rebuild MBR"?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/348517-external-hard-drive-failure-bad-disk-after-power-failure.html
Relevancy 54.61%

So I'm trying to connect to these network drives, and no matter how many times I click on "Remember my credentials." it asks me for my password again every time I turn the computer off and back on. Some times it asks me for my credentials a second time if I am accessing the network drives through a program instead of windows explorer.

A:"Remember my credentials."

Had the same thing try this: Went to Networking & Sharing Center then to See full map get the name of computer, then go to Control Panel then to Credential Manager removed old credentials (windows had JERRY-PC/DESKTOP) Then click on add windows credentials put in computers name as seen in Full Map & user name & password.
Hope this helps Jerry

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/44070-remember-my-credentials.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I have backup software that takes a backup to a secure share on a NAS drive. When it's done the connection/session/whatever is left open so the share can still be accessed without reentering the credentials. How do I tell windows to break the connection (or whatever the appropriate term is) so that credentials have to be entered again?

I know rebooting works. I assume logging off and back on also works. Is there some simple command to break the connection?

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/60488-how-do-i-get-rid-network-credentials.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Does anyone know how to force Windows 10 to perform its user preparation steps after a user already has a profile. I'm attempting to migrate a profile from Windows 7 to Windows 10, but the Start menu isn't working. I suspect this is because the OS never performs its preparations. Any ideas?

A:Force User Preparation on User Logon

Hi Chekmayte, welcome to Ten Forums. The start menu not working is a known bug that sometimes occurs. You could try using the system file checker command (SFC) to check system file integrity. This is from the tutorial forum. SFC Command - Run in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums . See if that gets your start menu working.

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/36346-force-user-preparation-user-logon.html
Relevancy 54.61%

update Just found out that most of ProgramData's cleared out too Yea can't really restore that stuff Didn't lose anything thanks to User" User" profiles? and Restore "All "Default my ocd filing system Sigh all nighter restoring my system here I come So now changing the focus please enlighten me as to how this happened Why did folders appear inside my quot oldwindows quot that had ties back to my active user account Why did deleting folders inside quot oldwindows quot specifically quot protected operating system files quot affect the active ones in C Users Why did some apps that I've installed only on this new image have files and folders inside the old Does Windows read everywhere for files and such Does putting old in folder names prevent this And how Restore "All User" and "Default User" profiles? do All Users Public and Default User work ------------------------------------------------------ Hi there I messed up really really bad Long long long story short I made the mistake of renaming my windows old file to oldwindows not to sure what I was thinking at the time Used quot take ownership quot to delete some Restore "All User" and "Default User" profiles? of the old files like the system folder and others quot Hide protected operating system files quot was unchecked when I was deleting things because of the above Windows ended up reading associating some files folders and services with the old user I think My permissions got screwed up Ended up with like or security permission profiles for some folders Not too Restore "All User" and "Default User" profiles? big of a deal didn't realize this at the time so I just used a couple of fixes here and there Today I went in and deleted more old stuff and I deleted the quot Default User quot and quot All User quot profiles inside the oldwindows folder among lots of other things that I just can't remember right now Didn't know they would be associated with my current user folder Now my C Users only has my current user and Public Kinda bad I just don't have the time to do a full re-install right now believe me I'm going to There's just a couple of things purchased programs with licensing windows update etc that I can't use right now because of those missing folders that I need So anyone know how to restore them And kindly describe their functionality too Thanks

A:Restore "All User" and "Default User" profiles?

Deleting stuff from windows.old folder doesn't affect the current win7 installation! Are you sure you changed permissions on windows.old only (or files within)? Only deleted stuff in windows.old?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/280155-restore-all-user-default-user-profiles.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi, I have two user accounts used by my wife and myself and Microsoft Security Essentials (MSE) works fine on both user accounts. Very occasionally our daughters visit and use our pc. They use the Guest account. I just happened to log into the Guest account and got a pop up message saying that Microsoft Security Client User Interface has stopped working. When I closed the message I noticed that the MSE icon was missing from the Notification Area. When I tried to open MSE from the Start Menu I just got the pop up message again and MSE would not open.

I would add that I have no other anti-virus software running on my pc apart from MSE.

I would appreciate any help that anyone could give me

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/300805-security-client-user-interface-has-stopped-working-message-guest-user-account.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hey,

When I created my User Account I named my Self Jack B..... (end of last name) It showed as JackB_000 for some reason, I thought it was because my Account name was to long. So I changed my full name into just my first name, the user account stayed the same, only changing to what I set in Metro and Start8 (Start8 is an alternative to Metro bringing back the start bar).

If you know how to fix this please help me
Thanks.

A:User Name not correct.

How to rename user account?

Avoid using spaces in the user name, and you'll be fine. You can set the display name the way you want in the user account settings (control panel).

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/26006-user-name-not-correct.html