Windows Support Forum

Unable to install Nvidia driver and also to play games on Windows 8.1

Q: Unable to install Nvidia driver and also to play games on Windows 8.1

Hi all,
I am new to this forum..
To start, I had just bought an ASUS computer.. wanting to play games like borderlands 1, left for dead 2 etc. But, when I was very trilled waiting to start the games, both of them had blacked screen and forced shutdown my computer every time after the game has been launched!
I had done many researches in the net, changing the registry values in directx11, reinstalling the NVIDIA drivers (halfway black screen upon reinstalling), changing the compatibility to Windows 7, adding missing physxcudart_20 to the games...None of them works..T-T
Any help is greatly appreciated!

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Unable to install Nvidia driver and also to play games on Windows 8.1

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Unable to install Nvidia driver and also to play games on Windows 8.1

I'd recommend to do the following:

Perform a clean install of Windows

Re-install Nvidia drivers
Download CPU-Z and GPU-Z (or any CPU and GPU monitoring software)
Monitor both while attempting to play games - check for temperature spikes.
Doing the above will help you rule out a lot of potential issues that are causing your problems. The clean windows install will get rid of any OS related issues. You never want to touch the windows registry unless you really have to, especially if you're not very well versed in the way it works. It can cause way more harm than good. With that said, the system crashes were probably due to a bad driver instillation and was causing a BSOD - most modern systems are set to restart / shutdown when this happens. You'll never know it happened unless you changed the configuration to stop the automatic shutdown. It could also be temperature related, if your CPU or GPU overheats, it'll typically trigger a system crash as well and result in the same BSOD sequence.

Let me know how it goes after you've tried what I've mentioned.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-install-nvidia-driver-and-also-to-play-games-on-windows-8-1.213781/
Relevancy 80.84%

Hi

I'm using Asus 36sg with Nvidia Geforce 610M Graphics card and i have installed Windows 8 Pro X64. When i try to install or even download the driver 306.95 (latest release), it starts complaining that file is corrupt or invalid. Even when i try to install other programs like Eset Nod 32, dropbox, virtualbox, it also complains about corrupt CAB files or corrut or invalid files. Currently I'v managed to install AVG antivirus.

Dont know what to do, i re-installed Windows 2 times now and the problem seems only to get worse.

Help?

THANX

A:Unable to install NVIDIA driver

Ok, the driver version is 306.97(not 306.95) and i also tried version 306.23 and i get the same result.

It says "7-zip: Data Error". This is happenning in the beginning when its supposed to save or extract i think to another folder. I tried to extract the file myself but then get the message that over 50 files are corrupted. I dont know what the message exactly means but worth mentioning is that im using winrar x64 and not 7-zip. I'v used 7-zip before i reinstalled windows but got the same error even then.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/10024-unable-install-nvidia-driver.html
Relevancy 71.81%

In an effort to update my driver software for my new laptop running windows 8 I have uninstalled the driver for my Nvidia card, which was not working properly. Before this, and after this I have tried to update it and always got the same response: The best driver software for your device is installed. It gives me that message even when "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter" is the driver. I tried downloading driver software from the Nvidia website and it tells me "This graphics driver could not find compatible graphics hardware".

My card is a Nvidia GeForce GTX 670MX.

A:Windows 8 Nvidia : Unable to update driver software

Laptop manufacturers sometimes use custom device IDs for their onboard graphics. Driver installers from nVidia may not recognize them.

It's best to get the drivers from the laptop manufacturer, if you can. It's particularly important if your laptop uses switchable graphics.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/20064-windows-8-nvidia-unable-update-driver-software.html
Relevancy 71.81%

Someone please help.
I have a deapad Y510p Processor Intel? Core? i7-4700MQ (2.4GHz 1600MHz 6MB) Operating System Windows 8.1 64
Graphics Dual NVIDIA? GeForce? GT755M 2GB/Intel HD 4600 Memory 8GB PC3-12800 DDR3L SDRAM 1600 MHz
Hard Disk Drive 1TB (5400 RPM) + 8GB Hybrid Drive. After upgrading to windows 10, my NVIDIA(10.18.13.5906) card does not work. I have tried to uninstall, reinstall, using CCleaner, clean install, disabled Windows 10 hidden updates, run as administrator, download from NViDIA, I mean everything that my experienced, and nontechnical mind can find and think of. The driver ran fine until October, however afte GEforce experience detected new GPU update, all updating has failed. It keeps giving me error 43. Could anyone please share any ideas, or help me figure whats going on??
Thank YOU

http://www.pchelpforum.com/windows-10-a/127750-nvidia-windows-10-error-43-unable-update-use-driver.html
Relevancy 70.52%

So this one is pretty weird for me I ve never had any issues like this before but I think it has to do with having all my drivers up to date I was having this problem for a long time where I couldn t run games for too long because eventually the whole screen would get all glitchy and the last second of sound would repeat itself over and over until the monitor went Issue: Driver won't Games won't play/Video play into power saving mode I tried reinstalling drivers installing different graphic drivers like NGO and Omega which I had before Nothing worked Well just recently my friend showed me this program driver cleaner pro and he said it helped him with his driver issues So Driver Issue: Games won't play/Video won't play I followed the directions uninstalled my drivers cleared everything with the program in safe mode restarted and reinstalled the drivers Voila all my games work with no issues at all except for Counter-Strike Then I tried to watch a movie It plays fine I can hear the sound fine but the video doesn t play Even when I tried to record a video with fraps of one of my emulators which has worked before it didn t show video on playback So I restarted my computer now all my games don t work except Diablo Starcraft and CS However now I can watch movies with no problem at all These past couple of weeks I ve been having to go through the whole process of using driver cleaner pro and installing Omega drivers again everytime my computer needed to reboot When I go to play CS Source it will get to the splash screen right before the menu pops up and crashes to desktop No error or anything When I try to play my nintendo emulator a graphics error pops up saying quot Direct D failed to initialize Error code C D DERR INVALIDCALL quot Yet my SNES emulator works perfectly I ve come a long way from thinking I had an overheating issue cpu runs at around c- c when the A C isn t on to a BIOS issue and now I m thinking it s a video mode issue What tips me on this is that CS can run ONLY in software mode when I can run all my other games however when I can only watch video I can play in opengl which is what it has always run in VLC runs in opengl as well So I ve finally resorted to posting on a forum to seek some helpful answers Thanks DXDIAGNOSIS System Model A N X-X BIOS Phoenix - AwardBIOS v PG Processor AMD Athlon XP MMX Dnow Ghz Memory G RAM DirectX Version c Display Device ATI RADEON XT BRAVO No problems in dxdiag nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/driver-issue-games-wont-play-video-wont-play.739194/
Relevancy 69.66%

I've had it! 3rd time I install Windows 7, 3rd time I'm having ****ty problems because of the Graph Cards driver!

Is there any SIMPLE way to make it work? I have of course already tried to install the driver, but all I got was **** like "This program did not install. Try again later.."

A:OFFICIAL - How to install nVidia driver on Windows 7!

you can just install the nvidia drivers over the top of the old drivers without too much hassle these days.

thats what i have been doing without issue

try re-d/loading the driver, temp disable any download accelerator, and disable anti-virus whilst installing. if you already have then ignore that last bit

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/14870-official-how-install-nvidia-driver-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 69.66%

This happened relatively out of the blue:

i was trying to get drivers for my printer. After restart, screen went black. I restarted in safe mode with netwking to find out what to do. So I eventually found out my graphics card had no driver; it had a generic vga adapter. So I search for my graphics card to find it is an Nvidia GeForce fx 5200 and I get the drivers for it. I restart in normal mode: no success. restart in safe' with net' . starts and am notified that drivers have installed. Now on next restart in normal mode, application error 0xc150002...press ok. Then i get a message in the bottom right hand corner that says 'windows is not genuine build 7600'...
I have seen how to change it with/without cmd, but either requires normal mode.

So how do I re enter my product key?

A:After Nvidia driver install, get 'windows not genuine'

First, do a sfc /scannow to check the integrity of your system files... failing that, do a system repair with your installation DVD..Hope this helps..

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/48249-after-nvidia-driver-install-get-windows-not-genuine.html
Relevancy 69.66%

I am wondering about the correct procedure to follow when updating an NVIDIA Video driver in a windows Vista PC. I have the driver ready to install. I already tried to do this, but didn't seem to work. I uninstalled the old driver through add/remove programs and then deleted it from device manager. The problem was when I rebooted I failed to realize that Vista updates the driver automatically. This prevents me from installing the video driver that I wanted to. In XP you can choose not to update and then install your own. Should I have installed the new driver before rebooting.

Do you really have to uninstall the old one first, or just update the current one. What's the step by step best way to do this. Thanks.

A:NVIDIA Driver Install in Windows Vista

Your are following best practices when installing the driver. I have found in my work as a computer tech that thier is no issue in upgrading the Windows driver with the Nvidia driver. So just go ahead and install it. If your updating a Nvidia driver you should remove it before installing a newer version of the Nvidia driver.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nvidia-driver-install-in-windows-vista.837875/
Relevancy 68.8%

hi not sure if this should be here or somewhere else but seems the best place. after having problems with windows explorer it was suggested that i try a repair install of windows. well it fixed windows explorer but when i was having windows reinstall updates, it failed to install nvidia drivers.

i tried d/ling the latest drivers but they failed at install as well. tried rebooting. tried using driver cleaner pro. tried cleaning the registry with ccleaner. still wont complete the install. so atm im stuck with onboard video. if someone knows what to do it would be nice because im out of ideas. thx

A:nvidia driver problem after windows 7 repair install

this link may prove useful (see the 'forums' link on the left side of webpage) try running the 'auto-detect' function

Drivers | GeForce

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/247514-nvidia-driver-problem-after-windows-7-repair-install.html
Relevancy 67.51%

will it be able to even play those? i hate nVIDIA because of they're "exclusivity" thing and cheating on dirvers ( and yes, nVIDAI cheated too, but not as bad).

will i be able to even play any future games that have the "NVIDIA: THE WAY IT'S MEANT TO BE PLAYED" name on em?

and what about the EFFECTS DEMOS that use Cg?

Will they play on the 9800Pro?

cuz i'm getting one for the reason of revolting against nVIDIA (and cuz in tests it's SO Much faster) lol

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-ati-radeon-9800pro-play-nvidia-stuff-dawn-ogre-exclusive-games.177267/
Relevancy 67.08%

I have been playing some old games for years on Windows XP Professional. I tried to open Mah Jong yesterday and came up with this error message

C:\windows\system32\autoexec.nt
The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows Applications

I tried to do system restore and went back way before this happened and it did not help. also when rebooting the Windows XP start up screen does not say Windows XP Professional and my computer is slowing down.

A:Unable to play old games

You can use this link to fix the problem, but make sure you've done an up to date viral scan. With the link use the XP Fix

XP FIX

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-play-old-games.327494/
Relevancy 66.22%

Just got a new Valkyrie CZ- from the site ibuypower Games to Unable Play CZ-15 on Valkyrie and so far I've tried playing ACE Online Maplestory Chivalry Medieval Warfare ORION Dino Horde and Company of Heroes I can't even start up Maplestory and CoH and the frame Unable to Play Games on Valkyrie CZ-15 rate is terrible on ACE Online when enemies group together on screen Bad framerate on ORION and Chivalry as well I tried running Runescape and that ran fine along with Minecraft What can I do to fix this I've already tried updating the Intel and NVIDIA graphics driver Here are the problems I'm noticing Maplestory only loads up until the Black Cipher thing then crashes and requests to send an error report CoH is unable to create a dump file error and also requests to send an error report After troubleshooting Maplestory's Unable to Play Games on Valkyrie CZ-15 compatibility with Windows XP SP Windows and Windows Vista SP all of them come up as Maplestory still being incompatible with my laptop Would downgrading to Windows fix this or is my laptop just not meant for this Are the specs not enough I'd even be willing to downgrade to Windows XP if it would solve this Please help Laptop x Case Valkyrie CZ- quot Full HD x LED-Backlit Display Laptop w HDMI Port E-SATA USB Illuminated Keyboard Li-Ion Battery Universal AC Power Adapter - Original Metallic black x Processor Intel Core i - MQ Mobile Processor x GHz MB L Cache x Memory GB GB x MHz DDR SO-DIMM Laptop Memory - Corsair or Major Brand x Video Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX M GB GDDR Video w NVIDIA Optimus CZ- x Primary Hard Drive GB rpm Serial-ATA Super Slim Laptop Hard Drive - Single Drive x Data Hard Drive None x Optical Drive x Dual Format DVD R RW x CD-R RW Combo Drive CZ- x Flash Media Reader Writer Built-in -in- Media Card Reader Writer Laptop x Sound Card HD Audio with THX TrueStudio Pro x Network Card Killer E Gaming Networking x Internal Wireless Network Adapter b g n Wi-Fi Bluetooth Combo CZ- x Operating System Windows Office Trial Free -Day - -bit x USB Ports Built-in x USB Ports x USB Port Laptop x Carrying Case None x Video Camera Build-in Mega Pixels Digital Web Video Camera

http://www.eightforums.com/gaming/30248-unable-play-games-valkyrie-cz-15-a.html
Relevancy 66.22%

I just recently built a computer for a friend on mine so he would be able to play his flash based games online and offline After the initial boot-up games played wonderfully x resolution After updating his graphics drivers and changing the resolution to anything above x the games became unplayable due to lag We have updated all drivers to the latest BIOS VIA Chipset drivers etc even rolled back graphics amp sound drivers to previous versions to no avail We have also unchecked quot hardware acceleration quot in flash to see if that would help which it has not The games. to Unable play flash computer is more than capable of running flash games as it s a ghz Unable to play flash games. mb DDR GeForce mb DDR The computer Unable to play flash games. exceeds all minimum requirements for these games Machinarium etc Flash amp Shock-Wave both have been updated to the very latest as well as legacy version to see if that was the problem which it was not We re really stuck on what to do and running out of ideas fast nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-play-flash-games.909151/
Relevancy 66.22%

Well I have this problem when I try and play Civilization 4 and Black and White 2. It loads up the title screen. Click Play. Says LOADING. Stops. Comes up with an error. I have installed my latest video card driver on 22/3/07. Was ok but did not solve problem at all.
COMPUTER SPECIFICATIONS::::
(Is amazingly fast plays all my other games (Sims 2, Rome Total War, Combat Flight Sim 3, Flight Sim 4, Age of Empires 3--all my games)
2.4GHz Intel Core Duo 2 E6600
Nvidia 7900GT
Intel ATX motherboard---> 975XBX2
2GB Cosair RAM (2x1GB)
250GB Hard Disk (IDE) used like nothing...
an old combo drive that was in my pre updated computer-- Samsung SM-304B Combo Drive 4x/4x/24x CD-RW and 4x DVD-ROM drive
Windows XP Home - Service Pack 2
PLEASE HELP ME...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-play-a-couple-of-games.554082/
Relevancy 66.22%

For over a month now I have been unable to play games at pogo because something is wrong with my java. I have uninstalled and cleaned and reinstalled and so on and so on. But every time I reinstall I still get the same error message saying my java is not installed or is disabled. I have went through ever tech support person they have there and to no avail , I still cant play any games. I have done everything I know to do and also everything they have listed in the "help" section which has truly been no help. So now I turn to you! I have been to the java.com website also and I cant even get java to download so I can install it...any suggestions on how to get this fixed?

A:Unable to play games on pogo

My wife plays Pogo anytime she's on the computer. Suddenly, a few weeks ago, she couldn't play any of the games, none of them! I searched the Web for answers and got the same old run around everyone else is getting; "Empty IE Cashe" and "Empty Java Cashe" or "Re-install Java" (Round & round, we go!).
I had another computer online and it would play everything just fine and was using IE6. So I uninstalled IE7, which supposedly reverts back to IE6. Well, this didn't turn out so good, everything was really screwed up. So I decided to crash the computer, reformat and do a 'clean' install of Windows XP which comes with IE6.
This worked OK for about a day or two, until I started updating XP and IE6. Somewhere along the way the updates caused the old Pogo Problem to rear it's head again. She was 'let's say' ANGRY!!!
For two weeks I struggled with attempted fixes, nothing fixed it. I was at my wits end and thought "If IE won't work, how about another browser?"
I downloaded "Mozilla Firefox" and troubles have simply vanished!!! She plays any game without problems.
So much for Microsoft forcing IE on us.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-play-games-on-pogo.622344/
Relevancy 66.22%

Operating System Version win xp Problem Application Name amp Version Problem Hardware Make amp Model asus p sgx mx Error MessagesRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL I am unable to play any games in my computer While playing games eg quot THE HULK quot my computer returns to the desktop suddenly closing the game or a blue screen appears indicating that quot DRIVER IRQL computer any to my in games Unable play NOT LESS OR EQUAL quot and the computer shuts down when the memory dump count in the blue screen reaches The screen also indicates to check the memory Somebody kindly suggest a solution for this problem The system information is given below Processor Pentium Ghz Motherboard ASUS P SGX-MX sis chipset Ram MB Operating system Windows XP Directx version if higher version of the direct x is installed then in the display tool after running dxdiag I find the message quot Hardware accelarated direct d is not available contact your hardware manufacturer quot I am also attaching a directx file along with this posting Kindly reply and help me out THANK YOU nbsp

A:Unable to play any games in my computer

Are you using an on-board graphics? Try to update your driver first. Use the driver CD included with your PC if you have it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-play-any-games-in-my-computer.136194/
Relevancy 66.22%

I upgraded to a new compaq laptop last year with windows 7 installed, and now i'm unable to play my old dos games and its giving me this error message when i try to play :

The version of this file is not compatible with the version of Windows
you're running. Check your computer's system information to see whether
you need an x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) version of the program, and then
contact the software publisher.

I have dos box and it's still not working!! I would of assumed windows 7 would of had a program installed that would automatically allow you to play these games? What do i need to do? I'm not always keen or too confident at changing my computers settings is there a laymans guide at all?

Thankyou in advance

A:Unable to play my old dos games on new laptop?

Quote: Originally Posted by sparklite

I upgraded to a new compaq laptop last year with windows 7 installed, and now i'm unable to play my old dos games and its giving me this error message when i try to play :

The version of this file is not compatible with the version of Windows
you're running. Check your computer's system information to see whether
you need an x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) version of the program, and then
contact the software publisher.

I have dos box and it's still not working!! I would of assumed windows 7 would of had a program installed that would automatically allow you to play these games? What do i need to do? I'm not always keen or too confident at changing my computers settings is there a laymans guide at all?

Thankyou in advance

I will bet you are running 64 bit win 7. It has no built in emulator dor 16 bit dos.
Win 7 32 can run some in compatibility mode and has some third party apps to do that

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/156677-unable-play-my-old-dos-games-new-laptop.html
Relevancy 65.79%

athlon xp 1700+
MSI k7n420pro mobo
256 pc2100 ddr
40gb hd---plenty of room left
MSI geforce ti4200

I'm having problems running newer games on this pc. It will run everything else, including burn-ins, benchmarks, etc.... without problems. When I run unreal tournament 2003 or battlefield 1942 or even Impossible Creatures, the system just shuts down after less than 2 minutes. I can run return to castle wolfenstien without incident. I've got nothing overclocked, and my power supply was replaced 3 months ago. I have noticed that I cannot change the agp bus settings when using the MSI driver from agp 1x to 4x. My mobo and card both support 4x. Also, I have uninstalled the msi driver and installed the nvidia reference driver multiple times, however the msi settings remain in my advanced properties tab.

Relevancy 65.36%

Hello All,
i hope someone out there can help me. i have windows Vista and i can't play the online multiplayer games on MSN and i don't know why, i don't get any error messages or anything.
i can play the online games as a single player but when a friend invites me to play against them and i accept rather than taking me to the game to play with them, i get taken to the single player mode.
i hope i have made sense. i can play the multiplayer games with them in the "message window" but not the other online mulitplayer games.

my friend has the exact same operating system as me and encounters the same problems that i do.

i hope someone has a solution out there as MSN is really boring without the multiplayer games.

thanks a million

A:unable to play multi player games on MSN

Are you using a Wireless Router??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-play-multi-player-games-on-msn.607441/
Relevancy 65.36%

I recently had a problem with my games (found in the thread here) that involved the games lagging badly. It turned out to be an image settings preference that I hadn't set properly. In my attempt to fix the problem however I did a clean install of drivers and updated to v301.42.

Since I installed the new driver none of my games would start (NBA 2K12, Assassin's Creed, Skyrim etc.) and simply go to a black windowed screen. Skyrim tells me that 'Your display doesn't support the selected resolution'. However, I am using the native resolution (1680x1050) for my monitor.

Has anyone got any ideas as to why this might be happening and/or how I could go about fixing it?

A:Resolution not set properly, unable to play games

Hello once again JaidynM,

Can you try lowering the resolution of your monitor to non-native temporarily to test out a hypothesis i have?

Try setting the resolution to 1280x800 or 1280x720 (next 16:10/16:9 resolution on your list i presume), and running the affected games again?

Also for Skyrim, If you do not have any custom Skyrim.ini or custom SkyrimPrefs.ini files (ones you've modified personally, line by line and do not wish to delete), could you try to back them up and then delete them from your Documents/My Games/Skyrim folder to allow the game to generate fresh ones for your newly minted drivers?

After doing so, run the launcher again, let the game auto-detect your hardware and and run the game again..

Give it a shot and holler back...

EDIT:- How about other 3D based software like benchmarks (Unigine Heaven) or Furmark? Do they run with the same errors?

http://www.ozone3d.net/benchmarks/fur/

http://unigine.com/products/heaven/

Also with Skyrim, try running it in windowed mode as an experiment?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/238533-resolution-not-set-properly-unable-play-games.html
Relevancy 65.36%

I get a display driver crash almost Every time I play GTA 5 online. I also Just got it a bit before posting this while browsing on Chrome.

System..
Windows 8.1
CPU - Intel i7 3770k LGA 1155
MB - Gigabyte b75m-d3h
RAM - 16 gb DDR3 (2 8gb sticks)
GPU - Geforce GTX 970 EVGA 4gb ddr5
Thanks in Advanced!

A:Nvidia Display Driver Crashes During games and when using

turns out I had my GPU plugged into a PCIex4 Slot instead of of my PCIex16 slot. changed out and it has fixed my issues so far.

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/67256-nvidia-display-driver-crashes-during-games-when-using.html
Relevancy 65.36%

So got a bit of a problem my GTX 's drivers keep crashing and I cant work out why Basically it crashes when ever I do anything open Firefox crash open Rift crash start Windows crash I did replaced the TIM on my card MX- a couple of weeks ago crash games & desktop & driver Nvidia 331.65 331.82 not the first time I've removed the cooler on this card as I was worried about how hot the card was getting and how hot it was getting my CPU WC loop over on most days it ran fine for over a week then started playing up out of no where Cant work out if its the actual card or just all the crap in Windows I've attached the Windows crash log thing although it hasnt BSOD Thanks Specs CPU Intel i - k RAM G Skill Trident X DDR Gb MHz MOBO Nvidia driver 331.82 & 331.65 crash desktop & games Asus Maximus V GENE OS Drive Crucial M Gb File Drive Samsung F Tb Game Drive Samsung Gb GPU Gigabyte GTX OC Sound Card ASUS Xonar Essence STX PSU Silverstone Watt

A:Nvidia driver 331.82 & 331.65 crash desktop & games

I had crashes, freezes, bosd after 331 driver install, downloaded 310.90 drivers, uninstalled 331 drivers offline, did registry backup, restore point, registry clean, installed 310 except 3D drivers (awesome) No bosd, freezes, PC running awesome.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/316944-nvidia-driver-331-82-331-65-crash-desktop-games.html
Relevancy 64.5%

thats drivers PML driver z12 wont let me play games and i dont no wat it is and i need help... plz help me get my computer back online with my games

A:Pml Driver Hp Z12 Wont Let Me Play Games...

we have fixed the problem
i dont need help with anything no longer ty

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/103552/pml-driver-hp-z12-wont-let-me-play-games/
Relevancy 64.5%

I've been having issues with my NVIDIA Drivers becoming corrupt on my Y700 with the NVIDIA Geforce GTX 960M. Every few days when I try to play a DirectX games like Guild Wars 2 or Team Fortress 2, the games fail to launch. GW2 doesn't fire up after clicking the Play button in the launcher but there is not warning message. TF2 will give a Direct3D error when I try to launch it. In any case, the only solution I have found is to download and reinstall the NVIDIA drivers. I currently have driver verion 368.22 but this has been happening on older NVIDIA drivers as well. After reinstalling the NVIDIA drivers, everything works fine for a few days.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Y700-NVIDIA-Driver-issues-with-DirectX-games/td-p/3338528
Relevancy 64.5%

I clean installed Windows 10 yesterday. Downloaded the latest drivers from Lenovo. However, I'm unable to install it. Neither my Device Manager is showing Bluetooth. This is the error that I receive when trying to install the driver - This is what my Device Manager shows -  I'm unable to understand why no Bluetooth hardware is showing or as to why the driver won't install. Please help.

A:Unable to install bluetooth driver on Windows 10 (...

Welcome MIMOrulz

You may need to enable the bluetooth hardware in the Windows 10 Action Center before you could see the bluetooth device in the Device Manager and to install the Bluetooth Driver.

PeterThinkPad X40 | ThinkPad W520 | ThinkCentre E73 SFF | Yoga 11s | Yoga 3 Pro | Yoga 900 | Yoga Home 900 | Yoga Tablet 2 Pro | Miix 2 10" | IdeaPad Y460p | IdeaPad K1 | 3000 Y300 
Give kudos to reward people for their assistance | Mark thread solved if the solution works | I am an active volunteer, not an Lenovo employee
=====================================
List of Sound Enhancement Thread
T520 | W520 ; Dolby ; IdeaPad Slate Tablet ; Yoga 3 Pro ; X100e ; Vibe Shot ; Yoga 900 ; P50 ; P40 Yoga | Yoga 14 | Yoga 460

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/Unable-to-install-bluetooth-driver-on-Windows-10-x64-bits/td-p/3375557
Relevancy 64.07%

Hello fellow nerds of the internet I built myself a nice 6970 or unable to computer rate New HD play games system new computer yesterday I ghz windows bit gb ram New computer HD 6970 unable to rate system or play games etc but the video card is the ASUS AMD knock off aka HD Direct CU I have had absolutely no problems watching videos or any of the normal day to day running of the machine and am able to use the higher resolutions for my monitor except the moment I attempt to play a game the game crashes anti climatically revealing my desktop Whilst I am grateful for the lack of full system crashes I built my gaming computer for get this GAMING so I am a tad bit annoyed I also attempted to do a windows machine rating however that failed coming up with an error report The windows experience index for your computer could not be computed Could not measure video playback performance When I attempted to launch Star Wars The Old Republic I received the error report Error code incompatible system Please verify your system is compatible with this game When I attempted to launch Crysis I received the error report Unsupported Video Card ASUS EAH Series vender x x device x Continuing to run may lead to unexpected results of crashes DX Diagnosis ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report Machine name NYX-PC Operating System New computer HD 6970 unable to rate system or play games Windows Home Premium -bit Build Service Pack win sp rtm - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd System Model Z XP-UD R BIOS Award Modular BIOS v PG Processor Intel R Core TM i - CPU GHz CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Available OS Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DirectX DX Setup Parameters Not found User DPI Setting Using System DPI System DPI Setting DPI percent DWM DPI Scaling Disabled DxDiag Version bit Unicode ------------ DxDiag Notes ------------ Display Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Input Tab No problems found -------------------- DirectX Debug Levels -------------------- Direct D retail DirectDraw retail DirectInput retail DirectMusic retail DirectPlay retail DirectSound retail DirectShow retail --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name ASUS EAH Series Manufacturer ATI Technologies Inc Chip type ATI display adapter x DAC type Internal DAC MHz Device Key Enum PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS BC amp REV Display Memory MB Dedicated Memory MB Shared Memory MB Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor Name Generic PnP Monitor Monitor Model W Monitor Id GSM B Native Mode x p Hz Output Type DVI Driver Name aticfx dll aticfx dll aticfx dll aticfx aticfx aticfx atiumd dll atidxx dll atidxx dll atiumdag atidxx atidxx atiumdva atiumd a cap atitmm dll Driver File Version English Driver Version DDI Version unknown Driver Model WDDM Driver Attributes Final Retail Driver Date Size bytes WHQL Logo d Yes WHQL Date Stamp Device Identifier D B EE - - CF-C -B A C CA Vendor ID x Device ID x SubSys ID x BC Revision ID x Driver Strong Name oem inf ATI Mfg NTamd ati mtag NICayman ci ven amp dev Rank Of Driver E Video Accel Deinterlace Caps n a D D Overlay n a DXVA-HD n a DDraw Status Not Available D D Status Not Available AGP Status Not Available ------------- Sound Devices ------------- Description Speakers Realtek High Definition Audio Default Sound Playback Yes Default Voice Playback Yes Hardware ID HDAUDIO FUNC amp VEN EC amp DEV amp SUBSYS A amp REV Manufacturer ID Product ID Type WDM Driver Name RTKVHD sys Driver Version English Driver Attributes Final Retail WHQL Logo d Yes Date and Size bytes Other Files Driver Provider Realtek Semiconductor Corp HW Accel Level Basic Cap Flags xF F Min Max Sample Rate Static Strm HW Mix Bufs Static Strm HW D Bufs HW Memory Voice Management No EAX tm Listen Src No No I DL tm Listen Src No No Sensaura tm ZoomFX tm No Description Realtek Digital ... Read more

A:New computer HD 6970 unable to rate system or play games

I suspect it's a power supply issue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-computer-hd-6970-unable-to-rate-system-or-play-games.176490/
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi,
I have a Dell XPS L502x, which I bought late 2012. Recently the hard drive became corrupt so I've replaced it and installed Windows 7 on the new hard drive. I've just downloaded and ran the software to detect which drivers I need to install and have downloaded and installed all of them with the exception of the nvidia graphics driver which says I need to install an Intel driver first. I've searched the Dell site but I can't find the Intel driver I need.
Please can you point me to the Intel driver that I need to install?
Cheers,
Mike

A:nvidia graphics driver you must install intel driver first

Hi mike,
Please download and install the Intel video card driver from the link below.
http://dell.to/1CYjFa6
Please let me know if this helps.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19642190
Relevancy 63.64%

days ago i started having a black screen problem while playing games that normally would run on my PC for example League of Legends and Skyrim the latter on low details The 9800 GT Problem playing geforce with while games Nvidia driver, problem is as follows In League of Legends which i've been running on High details for months now i started getting a black screen for about - seconds Problem with Nvidia geforce 9800 GT driver, while playing games afterwhich the game resumed At least this is what happened for a while but it started increasing in frequency and i had numerous Crashes bugsplat errors with a message saying that my video drivers have stopped working This culminated with me also getting a Green Screen during the game that resulted in me restarting my pc basically the screen went green and i couldn't do anything else except manually restart The drivers are up to date so i have nothing to upgrade I checked my video card thinking it might overheat and it runs at C I cleaned the dust off my PC reinstalled Windows and increased video card fan speed a bit Now i have almost the same problem i still get the Black screen error that lasts - seconds and occasionally i get the Green Screen aswell forcing me to restart I decreased my League of Legends graphic details from High to Very Low decreased FPS rates from to and now it runs without problems but here's the catch everything that worked smoothly before such as Skyrim and other high demanding games from a video card PoV are now unplayable i can only run older games like for example Warcraft and LoL on Very Low details without getting Black screen Green Screen problems I think that my video card is broken but the thing is i can still watch HD movies videos on youtube without any kind of problems I only get errors in games Spec Procesor Intel Pentium Dual-Core E GHz Ram GB Video Card Nvidia Geforce GT OS Windows Starter bit

A:Problem with Nvidia geforce 9800 GT driver, while playing games

Decoding video can be done with a very low end card...sounds like the card is failing....Bizarre as it sounds instal the OLDEST drivers you can find, and see if it does better....

As a last resort remove the fan/heat sink assembly....clean thoroughly...apply a dot of a good quality thermal paste....assemble...hope for the best

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/204292-problem-nvidia-geforce-9800-gt-driver-while-playing-games.html
Relevancy 63.21%

whenever i want to play a game or watch a video on an internet explorer browser it won't load, and if i try to download the video from the browser it is unable to find the host, but ive played it before and my internet is fine, and when i download from a download engine it works, i think its something wrong with my content thing, but its disabled, and its not a firewall, any ideas?Moderator Edit: Moved topic to more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

A:Internet Explorer Unable To Play Games & Movies Or Download From Site

Hi tmac01 and Welcome to Bleeping Computer,Have you made any changes to your OS recently? Downloaded some new software etc?i think its something wrong with my content thing, but its disabledWhat content thing are you referring to?~good name btw~

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/69294/internet-explorer-unable-to-play-games-movies-or-download-from-site/
Relevancy 63.21%

Hello guys I've been having this problem for awhile since I'm still on Win I'm so frustrated that after I clean installed Win on my laptop the problem is still there The laptop is years old if that can help solving this problem and the problem happened just recently Already tried re-installing the newest driver with DDU and also tried reverting back to older driver but end up with the same problem Did opened the case to clean for dust and tried to play some games while the case isn't assembled and games running for a long time and didn't have the driver crash but crashing recovered N55S ASUS and Nvidia playing Driver while keep games on after the case assembled and awhile the problem Nvidia Driver keep crashing and recovered on ASUS N55S while playing games persist Tried using Furmark to check whether gpu overheating or anything Running the GPU stress test on x and x shows that the temperature goes above of c steadily from idle temperature idle c That's bad isn't it But in games the driver keep crashing and recovering on c mark does my gpu is overheating cause of the games Will changing my gpu thermal paste helped It's my last resort though nbsp Here some readings during the incident from GPU-Z As you can see graph stripes is the one where the problem occured The problem is reproducible so if the screenshot didn't help much I can try again Any input to solve this problem is welcome please assist me on what to do next Any help will be appreciated My Laptop Specs Windows Home Intel i - M ghz GB Ram Nvidia GT M GB Intel HD

A:Nvidia Driver keep crashing and recovered on ASUS N55S while playing games

Anybody?
Some guidance sure can help my next move.

http://www.tomsguide.com/answers/id-3123405/nvidia-driver-crashing-recovered-asus-n55s-playing-games.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Hello everyone This evening I have been making some modifications to several computers I have just installed a new graphics card into my computer however I'm not sure if it's working properly It could be the driver however quot Driver Genius quot claims that it is up to date I open Speccy and locate Card Driver Nvidia GFX Unable to it says that my graphics card is only MB I refuse to believe this I believe that Driver Genius is incorrect Speccy Information Code Graphics Monitor Name SyncMaster on Standard VGA Graphics Adapter Current Resolution x pixels Work Resolution x pixels State enabled primary Unable to locate Nvidia GFX Card Driver output devices support VgaCompatible Monitor Width Monitor Height Monitor Bpp bits per pixel Monitor Frequency Hz Device DISPLAY Monitor Standard VGA Graphics Adapter GPU NV Device ID DE- Revision Subvendor Creative Labs A Technology nm Transistors M Release Date May DirectX Support OpenGL Support BIOS Version B ROPs Shaders Vertex Pixel Memory Type SDR Memory MB Unable to locate Nvidia GFX Card Driver Bus Width Bit What do you think Part of the reason I don't believe this information is accurate is Unable to locate Nvidia GFX Card Driver I don't think I would ever have a MB GFX card and I found it in a box of my miscellaneous electronics Perhaps my integrated GFX card is interfering I don't see how that would be an issue considering that my monitor is connected to the GFX card not the integrated one Though I'm not sure how things such as those work Also when I try to change my resolution I only get two options x and x Any assistance would be appreciated FLaTLiN D DXDiag display information Code --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name Standard VGA Graphics Adapter Manufacturer Standard display types Chip type NVidia DAC type bit Device Key Enum PCI VEN DE amp DEV amp SUBSYS amp REV Display Memory n a Dedicated Memory n a Shared Memory n a Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor Name Generic PnP Monitor Monitor Model Monitor Id Native Mode Output Type Driver Name vga Driver File Version English Driver Version DDI Version unknown Driver Model unknown Driver Attributes Final Retail Driver Date Size bytes WHQL Logo'd Yes WHQL Date Stamp Device Identifier D B E E- - CF-B - DBFC CB Vendor ID x DE Device ID x SubSys ID x Revision ID x Driver Strong Name Unknown Rank Of Driver Unknown Video Accel Deinterlace Caps n a D D Overlay n a DXVA-HD n a DDraw Status Not Available D D Status Not Available AGP Status Not Available

A:Unable to locate Nvidia GFX Card Driver

Quote: Originally Posted by FLaTLiN3D

Hello everyone,
This evening I have been making some modifications to several computers. I have just installed a new graphics card into my computer, however I'm not sure if it's working properly. It could be the driver, however "Driver Genius" claims that it is up to date. I open Speccy and it says that my graphics card is only 4MB, I refuse to believe this, I believe that Driver Genius is incorrect.

Speccy Information:

Code:
Graphics
Monitor
Name SyncMaster on Standard VGA Graphics Adapter
Current Resolution 1024x768 pixels
Work Resolution 1024x740 pixels
State enabled, primary, output devices support, VgaCompatible
Monitor Width 1024
Monitor Height 768
Monitor Bpp 32 bits per pixel
Monitor Frequency 1 Hz
Device \\.\DISPLAY1\Monitor0
Standard VGA Graphics Adapter
GPU NV5
Device ID 10DE-0029
Revision 12
Subvendor Creative Labs (77A42149)
Technology 250 nm
Transistors 15 M
Release Date May 1999
DirectX Support 6.0
OpenGL Support 1.1
BIOS Version B1
ROPs 2
Shaders Vertex 2/Pixel 2
Memory Type SDR
Memory 4 MB
Bus Width 128 Bit
What do you think? Part of the reason I don't believe this information is accurate is I don't think I would ever have a 4MB GFX card, and I found it in a box of my miscellaneous electronics.

Perhaps my integrated GFX card is interfering? I don't see how that would be an issue considering that my monitor is connected to the GFX card, not the integrated one. Though I'm not sure how things such as those work. Also when I try to change my resolution, I only get two options: 800x600, and 1024x768.

Any assistance would be appreciated,
FLaTLiN3D
DXDiag display information:

Code:
---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: Standard VGA Graphics Adapter
Manufacturer: (Standard display types)
Chip type: NVidia
DAC type: 8 bit
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0029&SUBSYS_10211102&REV_11
Display Memory: n/a
Dedicated Memory: n/a
Shared Memory: n/a
Current Mode: 1024 x 768 (32 bit) (1Hz)
Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
Monitor Model:
Monitor Id:
Native Mode:
Output Type:
Driver Name: vga
Driver File Version: 6.01.7600.16385 (English)
Driver Version: 6.1.7600.16385
DDI Version: unknown
Driver Model: unknown
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
Driver Date/Size: 7/13/2009 19:25:51, 10752 bytes
WHQL Logo'd: Yes
WHQL Date Stamp:
Device Identifier: {D7B71E3E-4369-11CF-B332-912DBFC2CB35}
Vendor ID: 0x10DE
Device ID: 0x0029
SubSys ID: 0x10211102
Revision ID: 0x0011
Driver Strong Name: Unknown
Rank Of Driver: Unknown
Video Accel:
Deinterlace Caps: n/a
D3D9 Overlay: n/a
DXVA-HD: n/a
DDraw Status: Not Available
D3D Status: Not Available
AGP Status: Not Available

It just needs a driver. I see creative and nvidia, so I suspect one of those needs the correct driver. go to the mfr and download.

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/88530-unable-locate-nvidia-gfx-card-driver.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi nbsp I hope NVIDIA Driver download: ... Optimus Unable Display to you guys can help me I still have to problem with my Geforce Graphic card in combo with integrated graphics After a few months having the card disabled I thought Unable to download: NVIDIA Optimus Display Driver ... trying to solve it again because I really want to use also the Geforce card Anyway I noticed that my current driver version is nbsp while you mention on your website Unable to download: NVIDIA Optimus Display Driver ... the Optimus driver with version nbsp in combination with Intel as latest version for my model Yoga DQ KUS with Windows I thought trying this but I receive an error when I want to download this driver on http support lenovo com cr en products Laptops-and-netbooks ThinkPad-Yoga-Series-laptops ThinkPad- Can you Unable to download: NVIDIA Optimus Display Driver ... please provide me with a working download link nbsp And please let me know if you have any tips for me to solve this problem I have I really don t want the hassle of sending this laptop back for repair I am using it in Costa Rica nbsp Thanks Gijs

A:Unable to download: NVIDIA Optimus Display Driver ...

This direct download link should work for you......

https://download.lenovo.com/pccbbs/mobiles/n19ds10w.exe

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-S-Series-ThinkPad-Yoga/Unable-to-download-NVIDIA-Optimus-Display-Driver-for-Windows-10/td-p/3302324
Relevancy 62.35%

Hello friends I'm having problems trying to install Windows hopefully you guys can help I own an HP Stream like this one here Amazon com HP Stream -Inch Laptop Intel Celeron GB to driver Windows 7 Host Unable needed? install SD [Intel Controller] RAM GB SSD Cobalt Blue with Office Personal for One Year Computers amp Accessories It came with Windows pre-installed I get free access to Windows products via dreamspark through my school I decided I wanted to download Windows I got through the setup and ended up at the partition part where it says quot Windows cannot be installed to this disk Windows needs the driver for device Intel SD Unable to install Windows 7 [Intel SD Host Controller] driver needed? Host Controller Click 'Load Driver' and load the required device driver quot I have tried downloading Intel's automatic driver detection utility thing but that did not work I have also tried Shift F diskpart list disk sel disk clean But it came with an error in the command prompt that says quot Virtual Disk Service error Clean is not allowed on the disk containing the current boot system pagefile crashdump or hibernation volume quot I'm at a stump Any help is greatly appreciated

A:Unable to install Windows 7 [Intel SD Host Controller] driver needed?

Hi Uni,
W7 likes to be installed as No1, even on a virtual Drive.
Your best bet is to install 7 and make 10 the virtual,
BUT
if you only have 2gb Ram, then you'll have to use 32bit versions, or buy more Ram

The drivers should available via the HP website for that model

Roy

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/396400-unable-install-windows-7-intel-sd-host-controller-driver-needed.html
Relevancy 62.35%

None of my Wildtangent games will run. When I click on the icon, the screen will blink and the "Last time played" notice will update but the game wont run. Also, when I try to install Wildtangent's new app, it wont run. I can download the installer but when I get the notice "Do you want to allow......" when I click yes, the box goes away and nothing else happens. I am running Windows 7 64 bit system with Macafee Internet Security. I've tried to set up a chat session with Macafee, but it wont load. I have tried installing the latest versions of IE and Flash, turned off Macafee's pop-up blocker and everything else I can think of. Other than this problem, my computer is running just fine. My last security scan found no problems and Macafee says my system is secure. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Ken 

A:Can't play Wildtangent games or install certain Apps

Hello -
First can you tell me if this program has ever worked, and have you ever played Wild Tangent Games ??

Next -
Download Security Check by Screen317 from HERE
* Save it to your Desktop.
* Double-click SecurityCheck.exe
* Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.
* A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.Note: If any security program requests permission to access the Internet, allow it to do so.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/526482/cant-play-wildtangent-games-or-install-certain-apps/
Relevancy 61.92%

I own a Portege A100 and I need to update the graphics controller in order to play some games.

My problem is i went to the download centre and the latest driver is currently installed in my notebook.
I have had this game running before but had my notebook reprogrammed and can't recall how to make it work.

Please help!

A:Portege A100 - Need new graphic card driver in order to play games

Hmmmm.....to be honest Portege is not notebook for gaming. Maybe for playing chess but for some graphic intensive games is definitely wrong notebook.

Anyway, the question is what you want to do.
Do you want to play some games or just to get old (already working) game to run again? Or maybe both options?

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?39407-Portege-A100-Need-new-graphic-card-driver-in-order-to-play-games
Relevancy 61.49%

sup im running a new super sexy MacBook Pro any ways if i run a VM on here will i be able to play like Mass Effect 2 and the new COD's on it? will i need to install drivers? any advice? please do tell

also, would you recommend any specific VM client or .. would you recommend bootcamping it?

A:Do you need to install drivers on a virtual machine to play games on it?

No, none of the VM software can be used to play games.

You need to use BootCamp and install Windows to run games.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/do-you-need-to-install-drivers-on-a-virtual-machine-to-play-games-on-it.915385/
Relevancy 61.49%

nbsp Reasons that I m still with XP media center edition that did work well playing mid s games v good amp the PC has access for Gb memory - sata hdd which is a bonus too This PC of mine crashed I used system recovery which now I can play games like battlefield panzer elite but can t play the more advanced battlefield anymore It took myself a long time to find out how to make & Vista Changing games install XP PC better to Gameplay play for this game run amp play single online too but I wonder if I should use one of my two Vista Home Basic PC s HP or Acer The HP being the weaker amp the Acer having more memory amp bit bigger processor speed too nbsp Not sure which Windows XP or Vista PC would be best over-all to run gameplay pc games from to Seems as I once heard that Vista might give myself more problem error issues or crashes than using XP nbsp for installng amp playing gameplay software nbsp

A:Changing XP to Vista for better install & play PC Gameplay games

Just try it. Games produced close to and since Vista was released will have been designed with the Vista environment in mind and will work fine. Most games older than the Vista release will work too, although you may have to run some in compatibility mode.

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,157469.0.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Why most of the video game emulator don't have to install to be able to play games while most of the applications have to?

http://www.vistax64.com/gaming/300637-why-most-video-game-emulator-dont-have-install-able-play-games-wh.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Hello everyone I'll start by including my specs Windows Home Premium x Intel Core i - QM GHz GB Ram Nvidia geforce M with an Intel R HD Graphics I purchased a dv HP my laptop. Unable drivers Nvidia to on install - ea laptop Unable to install Nvidia drivers on my HP laptop. around months ago Everything was running smoothly until the middle of July when I finally got around to playing Diablo I have a frame rate of around - but this drops sharply to - Unable to install Nvidia drivers on my HP laptop. whenever I'm in combat etc This does not change regardless of my settings in game or on my Nvidia control panel I can turn everything down to the bare minimum and never get above fps Plenty of other games such as League of Legends are locked at with everything maxed I've asked around the official D forums and this is apparently a common issue which everyone seems to have fixed by installing the XX official Nvidia drivers I went to do so to be told that the driver could not recognise my hardware Looking in to it some more I was told I would need to install the driver from my manufacturer's website Upon checking up on this I found I was using the latest version available from HP While my Nvidia control panel continues to notify me that my driver is out of date I am unable to do so and this issue keeps popping up on any graphics intensive games and recently Magicka as well Is there any way that I can get around this I've made numerous attempts to contact HP support but after giving them this amount of time without a response I've given up as they are quite frankly useless I hoped reinstalling W would have the desired effect but it has not Apparently it's to do with my BIOS which I generally have no knowledge about Thanks in advance for any light you guys can shed on my situation I've attached a dxdiag should it help speed up the process

A:Unable to install Nvidia drivers on my HP laptop.

Two little words as to why the reference Nvidia driver won't install despite supporting the GT 630M in your laptop, switchable graphics. Directly from the supported products page of the latest Nvidia driver,

Quote:
Exceptions: Notebooks supporting Hybrid Power technology with Intel chipsets are not supported by this release.
The following Sony VAIO notebooks are supported: Sony VAIO F Series with NVIDIA GeForce 310M, GeForce GT 330M, GeForce GT 425M, GeForce GT 520M or GeForce GT 540M. Other Sony VAIO notebooks are not supported (please contact Sony for driver support).
Fujitsu notebooks are not included this release (Fujitsu Siemens notebooks are included).

Yours falls under number 1, which basically leaves you at the mercy of HP to come out with an updated driver or finding a modded one that will work with switchable graphics..

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/250378-unable-install-nvidia-drivers-my-hp-laptop.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Hello i keep getting the same symptoms as everything black screen followed by the igfx message and frequent bsod I have already ran everything in the virus malware department cleaned my system and even tried a system restore I have updated all drivers I have the intel chipset family graphics driver Heres some specs if you need something else let me know OS Name Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Version Service Pack Build Other OS Description Not Available OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Name TAMMY-PC System Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard System Model HP Pavilion dv Notebook PC System Type x -based PC igfx driver Device dont has recovered.(And online or play failed games) i Processor Intel R Core TM Duo CPU T GHz Mhz Core s Logical Processor s BIOS Version Date Hewlett-Packard F SMBIOS Version Windows Directory C Windows System Directory C Windows system Boot Device Device HarddiskVolume Locale United States Hardware Abstraction Layer Version quot quot User Name Tammy-PC Tammy Time Zone Central Daylight Time Installed Physical Memory RAM GB Total Physical Memory GB Available Physical Memory GB Total Virtual Memory GB Available Virtual Memory GB Page File Space GB Page File C pagefile sys The last time i got the blue screen of death and rebooted it showed me this error message from windows Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Device driver igfx has failed or recovered.(And i dont play online games) Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode BCP FFFFFA BCP FFFFFA A BCP BCP D OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump Mini - dmp C Users Tammy AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml C Users Tammy AppData Local Temp WER E tmp version txt Ive been looking and looking but cant find a fix Thanks for any help

A:Device driver igfx has failed or recovered.(And i dont play online games)

Hello and welcome to the forum and I am sorry you are having system problems, start with this and someone who is an expert in BSOD will get back to you.

BSOD - Debugging a BSOD in Vista

BSOD with netio.sys or ndis.sys - Fix

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/288868-device-driver-igfx-has-failed-recovered-i-dont-play-online-games.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Recently I was playing a game and my monitors dual-monitors froze turned black went back to the game and then rinse and repeat till it BSOD d on me The nvidia drivers were crashing and restarting When I restarted my computer it did the same thing when I made it to the desktop and then eventually into a BSOD So I went into safemode and uninstalled the drivers Then I reinstalled the drivers Rebooted As soon as it went to the desktop it would do the same thing and then BSOD So back to safe mode and uninstalled and then rebooted Back to the desktop with no drivers I driver sweeper d all the nvidia files and then tried to reinstall the drivers I ve tried new and old drivers but every time I try to install driver. any nvidia Can't install it says driver installation failed with no explanation I can t install drivers unless I m in safe mode and if I do it will crash when I reboot at desktop If anyone has any ideas it would be much appreciated -Thanks Gigabyte GA-P -DS L XFX GT mb GDDR Core Duo Can't install any nvidia driver. e nbsp

Relevancy 61.49%

So I had nvidia drivers installed for my gf bit version and everything was fine driver. install Can't Nvidia except for ambient occlusion not working when Can't install Nvidia driver. forced in nvidia panel So since new driver showed up I decided to risk it and give it a go Of course as usual it backfired Can't install Nvidia driver. After getting through installers options it started to install however after few seconds Can't install Nvidia driver. I got installer error and install failed nest to graphic driver So I decided to uninstall old driver Another bad call Since then I get the same install failed after several seconds of installation on every nvidia driver out there out of several versions available for w Now I noticed that my video card is flagged as unknown device in other devices menu If I uninstall it and scan for changes it gets changed to video controller in the same menu But drivers still won't install and after fail it gets flagged back as unknown device I noticed I constantly have driver update waiting in win update but it fails to install So yeah I contacted Nv support put feedback and all that Nothing much helps for now Tried safe boots disabling driver signature disabling antivirus removing card from slot etc Nothing works I am starting to suspect that default driver might have been updated since it fails to install card is inproperly marked as unknown device and for whatever reason Nv drivers do not like that

A:Can't install Nvidia driver.

Same problem. Did yo find a solution?

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/9431-cant-install-nvidia-driver.html
Relevancy 61.49%

My graphics card is Intel, but Toshiba has both Intel and Nvidia graphic drivers listed as updates I need for my specific laptop.

I posted a thread on here about this to be sure I was supposed to install both and I was told that I was. But when I try to install the Nvidia driver, nothing happens. The Toshiba Archive Extractor comes up and does its thing, then that's it.

What can I do to fix this? There are 3 versions of the driver and they all do the same thing. Nothing from Nvidia shows up on my laptop even before I tried installing the drivers. So I'm not sure what to do.

A:Nvidia Driver Won't Install

As I said on your other post check the specs of your Specific Laptop.

The Intel HD Graphics is not a card it's on the CPU chip i.e. integrated.

Some Toshiba Laptops have another NVidia Graphics card, thus 2 drivers (Intel, NVidia) being needed.

This may not be the case with yours if it has no NVidia Card then you won't need any NVidia Driver, it's as simple as that.

To check go into your Device Manager:
Control Panel > Device Manager > Display Adapters > Expand that branch if no NVIDIA card listed then you don't have one and don't need a driver.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/55690-nvidia-driver-wont-install.html
Relevancy 61.49%

I've been having this issue with NVIDIA drivers for my GeForce GTX 460; the driver seems to be doing fine (screen turns black at one point for a few seconds then goes back to normal, not sure if that's intended) but then after a while, it simply stops. It doesn't freeze or give me an error message, it just stops working for several hours.

Any idea what it could be? If I haven't given enough information, please tell me, I'm not awfully great at these things.

A:NVIDIA driver won't install!

Hi Meagree, welcome to 7 Forum.
Go to Nvidia drivers download site using IE and use the search feature to find correct drivers.
Drivers - Download NVIDIA Drivers
Java must be enabled.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/179000-nvidia-driver-wont-install.html
Relevancy 61.49%

helo everyone i hope i did everything right if not im really sorry im runing a windows profesional bit service pack on a motherboard ASUS Intel Socket p vd -vm s and i have a nvidia geforce series gs i only have windows for a year and nvidia running with driver the windows xp version that was not a problem it worked very good for a year with windows weeks ago my computer will install not nvidia any with will driver. start to freez and my monitor went black a pop message teling me that nvidia displey driver stoped working then recovered after a week with this problem i downloaded the driver that nvidia updates recommended for windows when i nvidia will not install with any driver. tried to install it my old driver nvidia will not install with any driver. was deleted and everyting was in BSOD but when it got to the part to install the new graphics driver it stoped saing that instalation failed on my device manager nvidia disappeared and appeared the video controler vga compatible under the other devices but it says that is not instaled properly i have days trieng to install nvidia drivers nothing works i deleted everyting releated to nvidia in safe mode with Sweeper too and i tried to install random driver versions older more recent and newer i did these steps like times with no luck tried instaling in safe mode and normal too on nvidia site when i scan it says that i dont have a nvidia product on my computer but even tho i have vga in my windows updates i have the driver for nvidia but is not istalling either so my computer can see my nvidia but it cant install it i tried many tutorials from nvidia forums and other sites if anyone has any solution that will be great thank you very much Tsuki quot im sorry for my bad english quot

A:nvidia will not install with any driver.

Welcome aboard, Tsuki

" nvidia displey driver stoped working then recovered" is a problem that is inherent in some of the builds, 8400gs is one of those.

You better try to install the driver provided with the device, and then upgrade driver via device manager .

I also have 8400GS, and I also faced the same problem as you. Almost all the users of that one and the concurrent builds face that problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/230211-nvidia-will-not-install-any-driver.html
Relevancy 60.63%

EDIT Did a clean install and its fixed.

My system specs are listed.

I tried putting the newest nvidia driver on my computer for my nvidia gtx 275 video card. It said every install aspect failed and I am now at the lowest resolution what can I do? I tried a older driver that also failed. The last time this happened I used system restore and it fixed it. I don't have any restore points, after I recently had a virus it turned them off. I turned off updates in my nvidia control center in case windows and the nvidea control center were trying to update at the same time.

Windows updates also haven't worked right for about 3 months. I got the virus about 2 weeks ago and its should be clean and not a issue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-driver-failed-and-old-ones-wont-install.179753/
Relevancy 60.63%

I just installed win7 64-bit (ultimate). I got a nvidia geforce 8600GT card, and I get this error when trying to install the latest driver (196.75). Windows Update fails at it too. Any ideas?

A:nvidia driver wont install

I just installed win7 64-bit (ultimate). I got a nvidia geforce 8600GT card, and I get this error when trying to install the latest driver (196.75). Windows Update fails at it too. Any ideas?Did you download the 64 bit Drivers?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/299730/nvidia-driver-wont-install/
Relevancy 60.63%

Can any one pls help me and teach me how to install nvidia display adapter?
here's my display adapter...it was so lag and ugly...

My laptop is running 32bit window 7
(pls help me~ and sorry for broken english ><)

A:Pls help~How can i install nvidia display driver??

Hello Poktool, and welcome to Seven Forums.

You would just need to download and install the latest NVIDIA driver for your graphics chip model number.

Latest NVIDIA ForceWare Video Drivers Windows 7

What brand and model is your laptop? This way we'll be able to help find what driver you need.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/299936-pls-help-how-can-i-install-nvidia-display-driver.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Yesterday I was playing Dota when suddenly I got a black screen install nvidia errors) any (various Can't driver and quot display driver has stopped working and has recovered quot Right after I tried to Can't install any nvidia driver (various errors) open the game again There was no way of getting it working Any other game was also not working The first thing I did was of course trying to reinstall the driver I tried to install the lastest driver beta and I got only quot installer has failed quot I also tried with many other older drivers and such with no result Other things I tried Clean Can't install any nvidia driver (various errors) install from custom install options Hard clean install Deleting all nvidia files before Display Driver Uninstaller safe mode reboot and install same error Install in safe mode installer error Register again WMI files nothing changed Take ownership of various folders containing drivers nothing changed Directly install INF files using devmgmt gives error code Changing some registry values regarding vbscript that fixed it for other people Use Windows Update quot update was not installed quot error sfc scannowRollback from devmgmtRestore to a early system point where it was working couldn't restore no matter what point I choose Nothing worked It just won't install Now I'm stuck with Microsoft base driver and can't play anything Here's the installer log the only part with errors Log full log attached Event viewer shows nothing My system specs CPU-Z Validator I think it's probably a miracle if I get this working without refresh reinstall Windows Thanks for your help and time reading this

A:Can't install any nvidia driver (various errors)

Did you try to remove the videocard physically from the system and reinstall it and let windows dectect it.

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/46540-cant-install-any-nvidia-driver-various-errors.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Running Windows 7 64-bit on a Gateway DX4720-03 with NVIDIA GeForce 7100/NVIDIA nForce 630i driver.

When I went to Nvidia's site to look to see if there were updates to my drivers, I came up with two drivers and don't know which one to install. Using Nvidia's search model and putting in GeForce 7 series, driver 306.23-WHQL was recommended. However, when I went the nForce 630i/Geforce 7100 route, driver 15.56-WHQL was recommended. Also, once it is sorted which dirvier to download/install, should I first uninstall the present drivers and after removing it, will I still be able to move about the screen to install the new driver? Or, does one just overwrite with the new driver?

A:Confusion about which NVIDIA driver to install?

Hi flycaster, the 15.56 driver is the mobo chipset driver, whereas the 306.23 is for the GPU , hence both drivers are required if you need to update the mobo and the GPU

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/254457-confusion-about-nvidia-driver-install.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Trying to install driver for GeForce 9920M GS on my Samsung Q310 using the recommended 64 bit driver from the Nvidia site.

Every time I try to install it the computer restarts halfway through the installation.

Getting VERY frustrated by this..

Anyone any ideas??

Thanks

A:Nvidia driver install problem

Have you tried the driver offered by Samsung, assuming there is one?

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/12549-nvidia-driver-install-problem.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi,

I was at the middle of the installation when an error came out saying that there was an encountered error during installation and the previous drivers will be rolled back. Please help.

A:Latest NVIDIA Driver won't install

And what happened when you tried to reinstall them?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/62905-latest-nvidia-driver-wont-install.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Whenever i try to install the driver it always fails to install.
It does install on windows xp but not on windows 7. What do i do to install the driver???
The one I have right now is 301.42

A:nvidia driver 307.83 wont install

Are you trying the correct version?

307.83 This package is compatible only with Microsoft’s Windows XP operating system, both 32- and 64-bit ...

307.83 WHQL Operating System: Windows Vista 64-bit, Windows 7 64-bit:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/502004/nvidia-driver-30783-wont-install/
Relevancy 60.63%

I'm trying to install this driver but it all ways fails... And turns my screen to a werid distorted veiw ... what i'm i doing wrong...

A:cant install latest nvidia driver

Hi,
if your current driver is working OK don't worry about that particular update. I have an Nvidia card and on a couple of occasions the newest available driver has given problems as you describe. I just reverted back to the "old" driver and waited for the next release which generally fixes any problems.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/160138-cant-install-latest-nvidia-driver.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi folks.

I'm running windows 7 64-bit
Got a geforce GTX 260. When I try to install the latest driver (296.10 at the moment) I get a BSOD upon restart--after the windows logo does its little dance.

This is what I see below the STOP section -
nvlddmkm.sys address ffff8899f49fb1b. Dunno if that helps.

I also tried the 286.50 driver that was released in Oct, 2011 and got the same problem. right now the only driver that works is the one that windows automatically installs, a driver released in may 2009 (8.15.11.8593).

I tried a detailed clean driver install described here GeForce Driver Installation Guide - NVIDIA Forums and still got a blue screen after the fresh install.

Anyone know what's going on?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-when-trying-to-install-new-nvidia-driver-646350.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi Since they've removed the F option I'm at a loss how to fix this I upgradet my XP to Win Pro worked great I installed my Java Flash F-secure Firefox Thunderbird worked great I installed and played World of Tanks never install, loop After Nvidia-driver run better I decided to upgrade my Grapihcs driver Nvidia After Nvidia-driver install, loop FAIL After rebooting my machine after the nvidia install I get past the little Window screen light blue one with the little animated circle underneath then it starts to act up I works hard on the harddrive while quot shutting off turning on my monitir not actually the power but like when switching off into power safe mode ever single second While the monitor is quot on quot I can get the mouse arrow to show then it switches off into power save like state and back on again I've let do this for approx hour went to do dinner in hopes it was configuring the darn thing It wasn't I hope someone can guide me to a solution I'm really at a loss how to fix this P S I got Win as the download upgrade option so I have no CD to reinstall from - else I would have tried that first

A:After Nvidia-driver install, loop

Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

Please follow that method, if you cannot access your PC to gather information, please try booting into safemode with networking and trying it there. Please wait for someone with more experience with diagnosing BSoDs to come and help (please wait a few days since the forums are low on helpers)

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/18562-after-nvidia-driver-install-loop.html
Relevancy 60.2%

i'm running on windows xp sp3. when i connect my ipod, my computer detect it and new hardware found pop up. when i tried to install it said no driver installed. i read on the user manual it said it was a plug and play device. no cd driver was provided. before i format my laptop, my laptop did self install the ipod.

A:unable to install from plug and play device

Has it ever worked on this computer? Does it work on another computer? Do you have another USB cable or USB port to connect it with?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-install-from-plug-and-play-device.875168/
Relevancy 59.77%

I start my computer and it gets a message that says I have to install new drivers for my Nvidia
graphics card, and I have not gotten new one, but none of my games work anymore, so I go to the Nvidia website and download the driver. But when I try to install it, it says I am not runnig vista
32 bit and then it closes, but I am running vista 32!
help plz.

A:Nvidia 6 series driver install problem

Click on the start menu, click All Programs, then click Windows Update. Once that opens, click Check for updates on the left side. Once that finishes, click View available updates and look for your graphics card, check the box next to it, and click Install.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nvidia-6-series-driver-install-problem.713364/
Relevancy 59.77%

After installing windows 8.1 or 10 all drivers are installed successfully. But the nvidia driver isn't installed. please help me to slove it.

A:Can't install nvidia driver on my acer travelmate ...

I would uninstall all drivers that are not Acer drivers and install the Acer's.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Travelmate/Can-t-install-nvidia-driver-on-my-acer-travelmate-p-446-m-core-i/td-p/428905
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi. Apologies for the lack of dump as per instructions but I can't!
I install 8.1 (clean) on gigabyte sniper mb. It boots fine. Then (without connecting the network) I install the drivers that came with my nvidia 780 card. This also works and my second screen comes to life. I can use this as long as I like, but when I reboot, just before the logon it dies citing nvlddmkm.sys as the issue.
The system will now not boot again nor restore (hence lack of diagnostics). When I want to use the pc again I must go through the whole installation process again.
I'm getting a bit desperate! Any advice very gratefully received.

A:System unbootable after nvidia driver install

Try going through the process without install the driver from Nvidia.

Windows 8 is more driver aware than Windows 7 - users should never have to install drivers unless a technical issue needs to be addressed (other than a user installing a driver manually).

Let Windows Update do the heavy lifting - if there is an issue after that, members can help.
Search Windows help on your machine Drivers

Originally Posted by Windows Help

Automatically get the latest drivers and software

Windows Update checks for updated drivers and software for your devices and install them automatically. Keeping Windows Update on a good way to make sure your devices continues to work properly and you get the best experience with them.

Note: PCs running Windows RT 8.1 always automatically download and install drivers, apps, and info for your devices.

To check that automatic updating is on

1.Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings. (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)

2.Tap or click Update and recovery, and then tap or click Windows Update.

3.Tap or click Choose how updates get installed.

4.Under Important updates, choose Install updates automatically (recommended).

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/54932-system-unbootable-after-nvidia-driver-install.html
Relevancy 59.77%

After installing windows 8.1 or 10 all drivers are installed successfully. But the nvidia driver isn't installed. please help me to slove it.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Travelmate/Can-t-install-nvidia-driver-on-my-acer-travelmate-p-446-m-core-i/td-p/428905/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 59.77%

I m running Windows Ultimate that was recently re-installed At that time Windows installed a graphics driver Since Dell update reported an update driver was available I tried to update the driver for the NVIDIA GeForce GTX ti The update appeared to download properly but the NVIDIA Installer failed indicating that Microsoft NET framework version did not install and NVIDIA GeForce Experience did not install The error message reads quot The required line was not found in the INF quot I downloaded and installed Microsoft NET framework but the identical error message persists Nothing will install from the NVidia site I have tried to install from the Dell drivers update site as well as NVIDIA com Dell reports that quot an error quot occurred during installation I received this computer as a driver NVidia Solved: Cannot graphics Install replacement several years ago While the computer was replaced the display was not and no drivers CD was sent with the replacement machine Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Ultimate Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Video Controller VGA Compatible Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB G Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Alienware MHW Antivirus McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware Updated and Enabled nbsp

Relevancy 59.77%

Greetings I clean a doing install Nvidia of BSOD while driver am getting frequent BSOD on a system I had build for me a month ago The most recent one happened today when I tried to do a clean install of my BSOD while doing a clean install of Nvidia driver Nvidia driver The BSOD seems to occur during a variety of circumstances I have attached my Windows NTg BSOD jcgriff folder and PERFMON HTML file I would appreciate any help with this issue Computer Specs Windows Home Premium bit -This is the original one installed a month ago and it is OEM Intel R Core TM i - CPU GHz ASUS Sabertooth Z Mushkin Chronos GB IN SATA SandForce SF- SSD Western Digital Caviar Black TB Seagate External Drive GB EVGA GeForce GTX Ti Superclocked PC Power amp Cooling Silencer BSOD while doing a clean install of Nvidia driver Mk II W Zalman CNPS MAX-B Nickel Plated Copper Headsink ASUS DRW- B ST X SATA DVD Writer ASUS Xonar DG Channel PCI Sound Card Kingston HyperX KHX C D K GX GB X GB DDR - XMP Dual Channel Memory Kit BSOD while doing a clean install of Nvidia driver Samsung SyncMaster P Logitech G Razer Mamba Canon MP printer This system is one month old except external harddrive years printer years monitor years Keyboard year mouse months Details about the most recent BSOD While I was doing a clean install of my Nvidia driver I received the message 'windows has recovered from an unexpected shutdown quot Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode c BCP BCP FFFFFA BCP FFFFFA DE BCP OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml

A:BSOD while doing a clean install of Nvidia driver

Security Software: ??? Make sure to install security software. I recommend either of these:Microsoft Security Essentials - Free Antivirus for Windows coupled with Malwarebytes. Do not start the free trial of Malwarebytes. Just use the standalone version, update it, and scan your computer once a week with Malwarebytes and with Microsoft Security Essentials.

Good and Free system security combination.

After installing your security software, update it, and then run full scans today with each program. Report back the results of the scans.
Problematic Software:
Code:
Start Menu\Programs\Advanced SystemCare 5 Public:Start Menu\Programs\Advanced SystemCare 5 Public
I have seen Advanced System Care completely damage Windows and the programs installed on it. The only recourse becomes a clean install of Windows. Hopefully yours is not that far gone, but I am worried about that due to the problems you describe.

Many of us on the forums actually do not recommend automated optimization tools for Windows 7. Windows 7 does a much better job of handling its own optimization than its predecessors did. We especially do not recommend registry cleaning as an "optimization" step because automated registry cleaning causes more harm to the registry than it actually repairs.

In the future, if you need help optimizing Windows 7, please post a thread in Performance & Maintenance - Windows 7 Forums or follow the tutorial enclosed in that forum to Optimize Windows 7.
Your crashes primarily indicate hard disk problems. This could mean hard disk corruption, bad sectors, a failing hard disk, Windows files or registry corruption, Windows damage due to Advanced System Care, viruses, or memory problems.If you are overclocking any hardware, please stop.

Run Disk Check with both boxes checked for all HDDs and with Automatically fix file system errors checked for all SSDs. Post back your logs for the checks after finding them using Check Disk (chkdsk) - Read Event Viewer Log (you may need to search for wininit instead of chkdsk).
For any drives that do not give the message:
Windows has checked the file system and found no problems
run disk check again as above. In other words, if it says:
Windows has made corrections to the file system
after running the disk check, run the disk check again.

Run all Basic tests with SeaTools: S.M.A.R.T. Check, Short Drive Self Test, Drive Information, Short Generic, and Long Generic. Run the tests for all HDDs.SeaTools for Windows

SeaTools for DOS
If you have an SSD, make sure the following are up to date:SSD firmware
BIOS Version
Chipset Drivers
Hard disk controller drivers/SATA drivers
If you have a Marvell IDE ATA/ATAPI device, make sure the drivers are up to date from the Intel site or Marvell site and not from your motherboard/vendor support site.

Check Windows for corruption. Run SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker up to three times to fix all errors with a restart in between each. Post back if it continues to show errors after a fourth run or if the first run comes back with no integrity violations. Use OPTION THREE of SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker to provide us with the sfcdetails.txt file if errors occur.

Download and install Malwarebytes, update it, do not start the free trial, and then run a full scan. Also run a full scan with your antivirus software installed on your system. If you do not have antivirus software installed, see the Good and Free system security combination. for better security steps and scanning tools. Make sure to update the security software before running the full scan.

Run the boot version of Memtest86+ paying close attention to Parts 2 and 3 of the tutorial. Also, in case Memtest86+ misses anything and comes up with no errors, run the extended version of the Windows Memory Diagnostics Tool for at least five passes. These you may want to run overnight since they take a long time to complete (run them an hour before bed each of the next two n... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/236511-bsod-while-doing-clean-install-nvidia-driver.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Quote: Originally Posted by Nickmix

NVIDIA DRIVERS 270.51 BETA

GEFORCE/ION DRIVER V270.51 win7_winvista_64bit_english_beta

GEFORCE/ION DRIVER V270.51 win7_winvista_32bit_english_beta

VERDE RELEASE 270.51 FOR NOTEBOOKS

I am trying to install the 64bit driver, because it says my GeForce 9600M GT is supported. However, when I ran the install it said my hardware was not supported. What gives?

A:Nvidia driver 270.51 wont install, but shouldn't it?

Go to Nvidia Drivers using Internet Explorer and use the search features.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/153964-nvidia-driver-270-51-wont-install-but-shouldnt.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hey guys,

Windows Vista 32-bit
AMD Athlon 64x2 Dual core processor 6400 +
2gb ram
Nvidia Geforce 9600 GT

So I went to Nvidia and downloaded the latest driver, at the time it was 260.89 I believe and it failed, and so does the most current driver (260.99). But when I tried to download it my first time (260.89), it totally changed everything:

1. Now I can't play ANY games because it gives me error messages like "Unable to initialize renderer"
2. DxDiag only shows "N/A" next to basically everything under the Display tab.
3. The sleep option is now grayed out

Whenever I try to download the drivers again the Graphics Driver installation always fails.

So what the hell happened? Does anyone know how to fix this?

A:Nvidia 260.99 graphics driver install failed

Hi Nohone welcome to Techspot,

have you tried doing a rollback on the graphics card? this will hopefully revert your drivers back to the origional setup. You can do this from the hardware setup OR via system restore and re-set your computer BACK to a date before you installed the drivers. This wont effect your personal files but MAY effect any new software you may have installed.

Also make sure you ahve downloaded the correct drivers for it i.e. the VISTA-32 bit drivers instead of the VISTA-64 bit drivers.

A link for the latest driver for your graphics card can be found here:
http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7-winvista-32bit-260.99-whql-driver.html

Hope this helps
James

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-260-99-graphics-driver-install-failed.155574/
Relevancy 59.77%

I have been having this problem for about a year cant find a single fix Ive googled so much tried so many things nothing Its driving me crazy Idk when this started or what caused it i just know my gfx card use to work normally So basically whenever i install a driver for my nvidia GeForce gt it installs properly till i restart After the windows logo my monitor gives me quot no input signal quot or quot disconnected quot Im using a dvi cord and an S-video cord to my hdtv While my monitor is giving me the errors my tv will work fine with the drivers Ive tried messing with the resolution frame rate etc nothing Ive tried just about every driver available nothing Although the reason im trying to get this to work is so i can play skyrim Im running windows bit gb ram Idk what it can possibly be considering my tv still works fine ive gotten it to work before but i forgot what I did nbsp

Relevancy 59.77%

Hello. I have installed a fresh copy of Windows 7 on my new HP 15-R033tx. I have downloaded and installed all the drivers from the HP website. But, when I try to install the NVIDIA driver, it says " Install intel Ždrivers first" Kindly help me in this issue. Thank you.

Solved!
View Solution.

A:Cannot Install NVIDIA Graphics driver (HP 15-R033tx)

Hi: Here is what you need to do for the graphics... 1. Install the Intel chipset installation utility first and reboot. http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-130504-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&os=4063&product=7308900&sw_lang= 2. Install the Intel HD graphics driver and reboot. http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-134230-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&os=4063&product=7308900&sw_lang= 3. Install the Nvidia graphics driver and reboot. http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-130198-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&os=4063&product=7308900&sw_lang=

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Cannot-Install-NVIDIA-Graphics-driver-HP-15-R033tx/td-p/4696122
Relevancy 59.77%

Hello Last week i just bought a new Acer G and i have a problem with nvidia i tried to install the drivers from the DVD that came with the laptop - none worked downloaded from nvidia site the drivers - none worked downloaded from Acer install cannot for nvidia GeForce driver 610M official site - none worked I tried many versions Only Intel driver worked so i've sent an email to Acer asking them if i really have nvidia or i paid extra money cannot install driver for nvidia GeForce 610M and got cannot install driver for nvidia GeForce 610M Intel maybe i'm a newbie but it's cannot install driver for nvidia GeForce 610M my money Here is a small part from the answer ''We understand your concern and regret the inconvenience caused to you Having verified the records we would like to inform your unit is shipped with N MGE NVIDIA GeForce M G-DDR graphic card The software and hardware device drivers that are pre-installed on an Acer product can be re-installed using Acer eRecovery Management This can be needed when one specific program is showing a problem or when you want to revert to the original driver version in case an updated driver does not work as expected '' But i don't have this Acer eRecovery Management installed on laptop the DVD doesn't have it and from internet i can't install it I tried with Alt f in order to select the original manufacturer settings as in Acer's manual guide and it's not working windows starts normal Sorry if i bored you with the novel but in this moment i really don't know what to do Any suggestion is welcomed

A:cannot install driver for nvidia GeForce 610M

It seems that you tried to install nvidia driver 285.90 & it failed.
Which driver version is already installed in your laptop?You can check it in nvidia control panel.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/260227-cannot-install-driver-nvidia-geforce-610m.html
Relevancy 59.77%

http://community.acer.com/t5/Travelmate/Can-t-install-nvidia-driver-on-my-acer-travelmate-p-446-m-core-i/m-p/428905
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi people As the title suggests I have some driver problems Today I tried to install over my Nvidia Drivers because Minecraft was running into problems I went to start the installer it went to check my system for compatibility it did that for about a millisecond then went past the options screen and gave me quot Nvidia Driver Installer Failed quot with cannot over install currupted, Nvidia Driver uninstall or no explanation I just assumed that the drivers had to be uninstalled before re-installing I uninstalled the Nvidia Driver currupted, cannot uninstall or install over drivers in safe mode through control panel gt add or remove programs and hence why I am asking this question the same screen came up quot Nvidia Driver Installer Failed quot without going to the option screen When I check the device status Windows gives me quot Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information in the registry is incomplete or damaged Code quot Clicking un-install on device manager does nothing I've tried using driver sweeper and multiple techniques has anyone got any suggestions I also tried system restore but I accidentally cleared my restores the other day silly me and windows update gives me an install error f D or something along those lines I googled all of these and found nothing useful System Specs Win -bit GTX 's in SLI re-seated them twice to see if that would solve the problem but no Gigabyte GA-X -UD Intel i GB of RAM

A:Nvidia Driver currupted, cannot uninstall or install over

Try device manager, right click your gfx driver, properties, try roll back driver. Once its fixed it then install the new driver on top choosing custom install and tick clean install.

Let us now how you go on.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/245793-nvidia-driver-currupted-cannot-uninstall-install-over.html
Relevancy 59.77%

I have a Toshiba Qosmio X It s years old but a very expensive laptop and far from obsolete I installed Geforce experience which automatically updated the driver The installation failed part way through Geforce can't install Solved: Laptop nvidia driver gave no reason just described it as a fail The files downloaded and unpacked and the installation process commenced but it stopped with the bar on about It then tried to roll back choosing what looked like the windows update process to do so This reported a fail too I did it several times with the same result I then tried downloading a driver a couple of years old and that did the same I guess this is a hardware error My questions Is there a way to confirm it is a hardware error The machine had suffered from overheating in the past and I thought I noticed slowdown of the graphics however I sent it to a professional repair station which made a few minor repairs and checks and didn t report a failed graphics card Can I replace or upgrade the graphics card I can t find anyone online that sells them It is a GTX M Of course I took a restore point before starting the update Unfortunately when the Solved: Laptop can't install nvidia driver update failed I uninstalled Solved: Laptop can't install nvidia driver a programme as disk space was low and I thought that may be the problem Without telling me Windows overwrote my restore point Thanks a lot for your help nbsp

Relevancy 59.34%

QUESTION Did does adwcleaner remove or play running after to or Unable re-install adwcleaner Roblox filter something that is now preventing us from running or re-installing Roblox This is one of son's favorite games BACKGROUND Re ran adwcleaner to remove Unable to play or re-install Roblox after running adwcleaner a nasty browser hijacker Adwcleaner worked great except after running it everything worked fine except games One was JewelQuest which we easily fixed by reinstalling using the disks The other is Roblox an on-line multiplayer game which is downloaded from Roblox com Every time my son tries to ply he gets a popup that says he needs to install Roblox We click run then messaging indicates the install is complete he tries to play the game and the same thing repeats i e a popup that says to run the installation we do a message indicates the installation completes son tries to play the game and gets the Run install button again in an endless cycle We tried uninstalling Roblox first with same result We've contacted Roblox help desk and have done everything they suggest to no avail Since it only started after running adwcleaner I suspect adwcleaner either removed something Roblox needs to run or else Roblox includes some benign adware that is now being rejected Can anyone help This was also posted under the gaming forum--I wasn't sure where to add the topic

A:Unable to play or re-install Roblox after running adwcleaner

Hello, and welcome to BleepingComputer.
I have moved your topic to the Am I Infected forum and deleted the duplicate topic in the Games forum.

AdwCleaner creates a system restore point usually, have you tried system restore to roll back the changes made?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/507076/unable-to-play-or-re-install-roblox-after-running-adwcleaner/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi there guys,

Im trying to install the AMD drivers for my 6990 but having no joy. I am installing the latest drivers from the website. I have tried numerous times - unintalling - reinstalling with the same result - DRIVER FAIL. At the bottom of the installation report it says - driver install: the specified driver package was not installed for matching devices. I double checked I downloaded the correct drivers from the site. WDDM1.2 is fine in device manager. Anyone else had issues?? Any tips of getting the drivers installed??

Thanks,

Intel 3930K
Rampage IV Formula
Amd 6990

A:AMD 6990 - Unable to install Driver - Driver Fail

Anyway...worked it out. Had to use this driver (9.00-120612a.7z) as the one on the AMD site didnt work.

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/8091-amd-6990-unable-install-driver-driver-fail.html
Relevancy 59.34%

I recently downloaded a new driver for my Nvidia 8800GTS graphics card. I have Windows Vista Ultimate Edition 32-bit. Part of the way through the installation, this happens: my screen turns black, and my computer beeps. I was able to get Windows working again by doing a system restore. What happened? Do FX8040's have a known tendency to do this? And if I try to update my driver again, what should I do differently? Thanks for your help.

A:Gateway Fx8040 Dies During An Nvidia Driver Install

Did you get the driver from the nVidia website? If not, I'd suggest only using the drivers from there (and only using the WHQL certified ones). This could be a problem with the driver itself, the add-ons put on by the folks that you downloaded it from, a bad download, or issues with your card.

In short, if it ain't broke, there's no need to fix it. I'd say leave it alone since it seems to be working OK.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/130500/gateway-fx8040-dies-during-an-nvidia-driver-install/
Relevancy 59.34%

I have a Precision M6800 running Win7, and a Nvidia K4100M Quadro.
I upgraded to Solidworks 2016 and ran Solidworks 2016 Rx to make sure everything in my system would jive well with the new software. The report said I should install the newer driver 354.56. I ran the update but it fails, and it doesn't directly mention what is failing just that the driver fails. The update rolled back the older driver but now upon a reboot I have a black screen that lasts for about 3-5 minutes before I get the login screen, which is very abnormal. 
I've ran the driver in admin mode, and did a custom install to do a clean driver install, also I can't get the driver to install in safe mode either.
Any help would be appreciated 

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19974920
Relevancy 59.34%

Hello everyone,

I am upgraded my Hp Pavilion dv9235nr notebook pc from vista to windows 7. I have a legit copy of windows 7 32 bit version. I noticed my laptop is using a generic windows graphic driver, so I attempted to update the driver to the official nvidia driver for Geforce Go 7600. After i install it and restart the laptop, it bsod right after the windows 7 logo appears. Then I have to repair windows to get it booting up again.
Attached is the BSOD dump file and required info. I hope you all can help me out.

Thanks in advance and Happy Holidays,
Anthony

A:BSOD when I install driver to Nvidia Geforce Go 7600

First, you may want to update your BIOS: WinFlash for HP Notebook System BIOS (for Notebooks with Intel Processors) - Microsoft Windows Based HP Pavilion dv9235nr Notebook PC - HP Customer Care (United States - English)

Also, it is recommended to download and install the display card driver from your vendor rather than from the graphics card manufacturer with notebook PCs. You can download NVIDIA GeForce Series Video Driver HP Pavilion dv9235nr Notebook PC - HP Customer Care (United States - English) and install using the steps in Drivers - Install Vista Drivers on Windows 7.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/204442-bsod-when-i-install-driver-nvidia-geforce-go-7600-a.html
Relevancy 59.34%

hi guys I have a Gateway laptop model MT While using it yesterday it suddenly crashed It would not even start So I reinstalled Windows Vista After that I went online to Gateway website and found all the software Nvidia for go 6100 install driver geforce can't driver software for my laptop model I installed all of them successfully except the driver software for the graphics card My laptop has Nvidia Geforce Go graphics card When I try to install the driver for it I get an error message saying quot Software did not find any hardware compatible with it quot After this the setup process comes to an end Immediately after this I get another message quot This software might not have installed properly quot with two options quot Run the program with the recommended settings quot and quot This can't install driver software for Nvidia geforce go 6100 program installed properly quot I clicked on running thr program with the recommended settings and again I got a error message saying quot This software is only for Windows Vista This computer does not have Windows Vista quot I would be very grateful if any of u could tell can't install driver software for Nvidia geforce go 6100 me how to install the graphics can't install driver software for Nvidia geforce go 6100 card driver software When I looked up in the internet I found out that Nvidia go is integrated into the motherboard When I looked in my Device Manager I could not even see the Nvidia graphics card and only saw quot Standard VGA card quot So even Windows Vista hasn t been able to find it Please someone help me to install the driver nbsp

A:can't install driver software for Nvidia geforce go 6100

The NVIDIA site doesn't appear to list a driver for the NVIDIA GeForce Go 6100.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Go here to download the chipset and VGA drivers.

Download and save them, then close all open windows first, then install the chipset driver first, then restart, then install the VGA driver second, then restart again.

Note: Make sure to select the correct version of Vista before you download the drivers.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-install-driver-software-for-nvidia-geforce-go-6100.976185/
Relevancy 59.34%

1) I am using driver 258.96 with my gtx 460 video card (1 gig ddr 5 ). I would like to use the the new nvidia driver 301.42. Is this driver any good and does it help my performance.

2) I was told that I dont have to go to safe mode to install new driver. I just download driver, execute it and pick custom and then pick clean option and install It. Is this okay to do it this way. What does the clean option actually do.

I use ggames like bullet storm or mass effect 3

A:Question on new nvidia driver and install with clean option

I've been told the same thing. But, I always run driver sweeper in safe mode and check the Nvidia display check box. Then click analyze and clean. Then install using the custom clean install method. it works well for me. The 301.42 drivers have mixed reviews. Some people get good performance increases from them and others not so good. I have them installed and they did not improve my performance but did not hurt it either. Nvidia is rumored to be coming out with a large driver release this month sometime.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/233648-question-new-nvidia-driver-install-clean-option.html
Relevancy 59.34%

GeForce software wanted to update my computer's drivers, so I let it. After re-starting, I got BSODed until I used a restored to a previous point. After the restore, my computer grew unstable, BSOD 3 times, and not I am trying to install the drivers that I found on this page "http://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/73218" I tried for a clean install, so it removed my last drivers, and failed to install the new ones. I ran as admin, have checked my card model, and I am running 64-bit, Any Help?

A:NVIDIA driver version 334.89 failed to install GTX650

It might be worth while using Driver Fusion to help clean things up a bit.

D/L Driver Fusion and install. (During installation, make sure to untick the checkbox that suggests installing the tuneup app)

Uninstall your nvidia drivers normally via Programs and features.

Then run Driver Fusion select Display>Nvidia and then delete.

Then install whatever driver version you wish. (Latest or last known stable version).
Hopefully this will get you up and running again.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/322865-nvidia-driver-version-334-89-failed-install-gtx650.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Quote The NVIDIA Setup program could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware Setup will now exit first off I dual boot between Ubuntu and XP the motherboard is an Intel server motherboard ghz It has an AGP Nvidia video card And supported by the Nvidia driver The computer motherboard is an Intel server ghz with agp slot I did notice under system devices and exclamation mark on AGP no wont Nvidia driver hardware?? compatible install, to PCI controller something or other Also Nvidia driver wont install, no compatible hardware?? with that card in there is no video catagory listed in the devices listing On XP I can not get Nvidia driver wont install, no compatible hardware?? the Nvidia driver to install Ubuntu Nvidia driver is fine The card is working in other PC's There might be a possible solution here One of these INF files is for XP and the driver Installing Nvidia Mobile GPU Display Driver on Notebooks Upgraded to Windows x Windows x - Komeil Bahmanpour the board looks like this here Intel Server Board S WP -E Intel P Socket ATX Motherboard w Pentium GHz CPU Heat Sink amp Fan S WP -E So what to do

A:Nvidia driver wont install, no compatible hardware??

Hi and welcome to TSF please run this and post the info from it Speccy - System Information - Free Download

Publish a Snapshot using Speccy

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/nvidia-driver-wont-install-no-compatible-hardware-598049.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hello all After the installing XP and updating it to SP ugh am starting to hunt down all my needed drivers The one remaining is one for the video card GeForce nVIDIA Go5700 to install Need driver Solved: Now must let you know I m using an Alienware Solved: Need to install nVIDIA GeForce Go5700 driver m laptop with a nVIDIA GeForce Go Solved: Need to install nVIDIA GeForce Go5700 driver card In it s day it was flash as they came I ve gone to the nVIDIA website downloaded the driver actually two different versions and tried to install it I get an error telling me that there are NO drivers for the new one to update Bugger need to install one On the Utility disk there is are AGP and VGA drivers Installed them or at Solved: Need to install nVIDIA GeForce Go5700 driver least I thought I had installed them In Control Panel I do not see an nVIDIA folder like before the horrible crash of the HDD so I correct in assuming that I don t have one installed LOL Any assistance would be great Thank you in advance Paul nbsp

Relevancy 59.34%

Tecra S11 nVidia vs RealTek sound driver - which one do I install?

I've installed nVidia and realtek sound driver also. I've got BSOD when I plug in 3.5mm jack headphone. When I want to listen music with my Bluetooth stereo headset I also got BSOD.

I reinstalled nvidia and realtek sound drivers. My Tecra S11 is very slow since I installed latest nvidia video driver from nvidia website.

Windows 7 very very slow since then. Firefox start up time sometimes 20-30sec

A:Tecra S11 - nVidia or RealTek sound driver. Which one do I install?

Can you please post exact model name and model number?
You can find it on Toshiba sticker placed at the bottom side of your notebook.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?62492-Tecra-S11-nVidia-or-RealTek-sound-driver-Which-one-do-I-install
Relevancy 59.34%

Whenever i try and install the driver for my Nvidia Graphics Card it tells me Access Denied However i was able to install my Nvidia Audio Driver along Denied Graphics Driver install - Nvidia to Trying Access with other drivers For instance I can install a generic VGA driver for my card right now Things I've done Tried to install as Administrator created new Admin account and ran as Admin from there Tried manually install driver from Device Manager Access Denied - Trying to install Nvidia Graphics Driver Ran SFC also used Windows Access Denied - Trying to install Nvidia Graphics Driver All In One Repair to repair the following items Registry Permissions Reset File Permissions Reset Service Permissions Register System Files Repair WMI Remove Policies Set by Infections Removed Temp Files Repair MSI Restore Important Windows Services Set Windows Service to Default Startup Please find attached log files for FRST and Security Check FRST and Security Check ran after doing initial troubleshooting as listed above Any help would be greatly appreciated Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST txt x Version - - Ran by WeatherE administrator on WEATHERECOE on - - Running from C Users weathere AppData Local Microsoft Windows Temporary Internet Files Content IE QLD M V Loaded Profile WeatherE Available profiles WYAdmin amp WeatherE Platform Windows Professional Service Pack X OS Language English United States Internet Explorer Version Default browser IE Boot Mode Normal Tutorial for Farbar Recovery Scan Tool http www geekstogo com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Processes Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the process will be closed The file will not be moved IDT Inc C Program Files IDT WDM stacsv exe Apple Inc C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe Apple Inc C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe CrypKey Canada Ltd C Windows System Crypserv exe Garmin Ltd or its subsidiaries C Program Files x Garmin Core Update Service Garmin Cartography MapUpdate CoreService exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files x Common Files microsoft shared VS DEBUG mdm exe Microsoft Corp C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Microsoft Online Services MSOIDSVC EXE Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL JAV MSSQL Binn sqlservr exe Microsoft Corp C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Microsoft Online Services MSOIDSVCM EXE Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL JAV MSSQL Binn sqlservr exe Trend Micro Inc C Program Files x Trend Micro OfficeScan Client Ntrtscan exe Seagate Technology LLC C Program Files x Seagate Seagate Dashboard Seagate Dashboard DASWindowsService exe Seagate Technology LLC C Program Files x Seagate Seagate Dashboard MobileService exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files x Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SeaPort SeaPort exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files x Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlbrowser exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exe TeamViewer GmbH C Program Files x TeamViewer TeamViewer Service exe Trend Micro Inc C Program Files x Trend Micro OfficeScan Client TmListen exe Trend Micro Inc C Program Files x Trend Micro OfficeScan Client CNTAoSMgr exe Trend Micro Inc C Program Files x Trend Micro BM TMBMSRV exe Trend Micro Inc C Program Files x Trend Micro OfficeScan Client TmPfw exe TeamViewer GmbH C Program Files x TeamViewer TeamViewer Desktop exe TeamViewer GmbH C Program Files x TeamViewer TeamViewer exe TeamViewer GmbH C Program Files x TeamViewer tv w exe TeamViewer GmbH C Program Files x TeamViewer tv x exe Alps Electric Co Ltd C Program Files DellTPad Apoint exe IDT Inc C Program Files IDT WDM sttray exe Alps Electric Co Ltd C Program Files DellTPad ApMsgFwd exe Alps Electric Co Ltd C Program Files DellTPad hidfind exe Alps Electric Co Ltd C Program Files DellTPad ApntEx exe Hewlett-Packard Co C Program Files HP HP Of... Read more

A:Access Denied - Trying to install Nvidia Graphics Driver

Greetings Ilymar and to BleepingComputer's Virus/Trojan/Spyware/Malware Removal forum.My name is Oh My! and I am here to help you! Now that we are "friends" please call me Gary.If you would allow me to call you by your first name I would prefer to do that. ===================================================Ground Rules:First, I would like to inform you that most of us here at Bleeping Computer offer our expert assistance out of the goodness of our hearts. Please try to match our commitment to you with your patience toward us. If this was easy we would never have met. Please do not run any tools or take any steps other than those I will provide for you while we work on your computer together. I need to be certain about the state of your computer in order to provide appropriate and effective steps for you to take. Most often "well intentioned" (and usually panic driven!) independent efforts can make things much worse for both of us. If at any point you would prefer to take your own steps please let me know, I will not be offended. I would be happy to focus on the many others who are waiting in line for assistance.Please perform all steps in the order they are listed in each set of instructions. Some steps may be a bit complicated. If things are not clear, be sure to stop and let me know. We need to work on this together with confidence.Please copy and paste all logs into your post unless directed otherwise. Please do not re-run any programs I suggest. If you encounter problems simply stop and tell me.When you post your reply, use the button instead.In the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see the button. Click on this then choose Immediate E-Mail notification and then Proceed and you will be sent an email once I have posted a response.If you do not reply to your topic after 5 days we assume it has been abandoned and I will close it.When your computer is clean I will alert you of such. I will also provide for you detailed information about how you can combat future infections.I would like to remind you to make no further changes to your computer unless I direct you to do so.Now let's get started ===================================================Now that I am assisting you, you can expect that I will be very responsive to your situation. If you are able, I would request you check this thread at least once per day so that we can try to resolve your issues effectively and efficiently. If you are going to be delayed please be considerate and post that information so that I know you are still with me. Unfortunately, there are many people waiting to be assisted and not enough of us at BleepingComputer to go around. I appreciate your understanding and diligence.Thank you for your patience thus far. I see you have done quite a bit to the computer already but it is still in a troubled state.Please run the below for me.===================================================Farbar's Recovery Scan Tool - Run Fix in Normal or Safe Mode--------------------Press the Windows key + r on your keyboard at the same time. Type in notepad and press EnterPlease copy and paste the contents of the below code box into the open notepad and save it to your desktop (<<<Important) as fixlist.txtHKLM Group Policy restriction on software: limewire*.* <====== ATTENTION
HKLM Group Policy restriction on software: Winamp*.* <====== ATTENTION
HKLM Group Policy restriction on software: Skype*.* <====== ATTENTION
HKLM Group Policy restriction on software: desktopweather*.* <====== ATTENTION
HKLM Group Policy restriction on software: GoogleWebAccelerator*.* <====== ATTENTION
HKLM Group Policy restriction on software: spybot*.* <====== ATTENTION
HKLM Group Policy restriction on software: GoogleDesktop*.* <====== ATTENTION
HKLM Group Policy restriction on software: %HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SystemRoot% <====== ATTENTION
HKLM Group Policy restriction on software: %HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOF... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/561543/access-denied-trying-to-install-nvidia-graphics-driver/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hello First of all this is my system configuration Display Geforce GtOS Intel Core Duo E GHZOperating System Windows XP Professional Build Service Pack Memory MB RAM My problem occurred while i was playing Prototype I left the computer for a while and when i came back the screen was black I to boots XP Nvidia After install, black driver screen. restart the system and the first thing i realize that the bios logo After Nvidia driver install, XP boots to black screen. was contoured and distorted by some pixel sized dots The XP loading After Nvidia driver install, XP boots to black screen. logo was also the same and after the XP loading screen there is black screen Sorry don t have a camera for screen shots The computer only boots if I remove the Nvidia drivers in safe mode and it looks fine If I install the drivers again there is black screen after the XP loading screen I tried to install various versions of Nvidia drivers in safe mode by using Driver Sweeper formatted my computer several times flash the bios with the latest version but nothing changed The logos are still distorted and it doesn t boot after the driver installation I thought it was a hardware problem and I get the pc to the service the technician guy fixed it and told me that it is a software problem so no guarantee favor he says and probably caused by a virus I tried to get detailed information but the crowd and the grumpy boss doesn t let me Anyways I get back home and the next day probably after I plug my external hard drive the same thing happened again I installed Avast and had a virus check it found some named CTU R exe It swept them all I ran Malware bytes and some other protective softwares and now my pc seems clean but the problem stays still whatever i do At this point I m looking for help here if possible Because It s really boring to carry the case around and they have no pity while charging bills at these days Thanks

A:After Nvidia driver install, XP boots to black screen.

Try hitting FN keys+F6 that may let you get in to roll back the driver, if that don't work try to get into "Safe Mode" you may be able to roll back the driver. I had a similar issue awhile back the the first step fixed the entire problem, hope it works well for you also.

Phil

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/263967/after-nvidia-driver-install-xp-boots-to-black-screen/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi, I just installed the Windows 10 Anniversary Update today and then tried to update my NVIDIA driver but it fails in both Device Manager and when I download and try to install the driver from both HP and the NVIDIA site itself.  Now in the Device Manager it shows that my NVIDIA gpu isn't recognized and says it has no drivers installed. I'm not sure what to do. Could somebody please help.

A:NVIDIA GeForce 840M driver fails to install

Krissy92 wrote:....  from both HP and the NVIDIA site itself. ....Hi, Where did you download from HP ?  Now lease try Itstall Intel driver first     http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp72501-73000/sp72810.exe Uninstall existing NVIDIA driver then install NIVIDIA driver from NVIDIA site. Regards. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/NVIDIA-GeForce-840M-driver-fails-to-install/td-p/5748308
Relevancy 59.34%

Hello guys I need help for my new build from a fresh install of windows i try to install the drver for my IGPU Intel HD each time i do that i get a BSOD with this message VIDEO TDR FAILURE igdkmd sys Or sometimes it's SYSTEM THREAD EXEPTION NOT HANDELED igdkmd sys i've tried drivers from motherboard manufacturer CD website and intel and some autodetect driver software i always get Unable of driver install to Intel WIN10 HD fresh on install a graphics the same behavior the screen start blinking several time black screen before showing the BSOD then reboot and repeat it self even the driver downloaded by windows update have Unable to install Intel HD graphics driver on a fresh install of WIN10 the same impact i've managed to install it in safe mode but when i Unable to install Intel HD graphics driver on a fresh install of WIN10 restart in normal mode i get the same behavior i've tried different monitors VGA and HDMI tried with UEFI on off gt same result i've tweaked onece the tdr delay to second but didnt work i really need some help here i'm desperate CPU Intel I - KMotherboard ASUS Z PRO GAMING RAM HyperX FURY HX C FBK - Go Kit x Go MHz DDR Non-ECC CL DIMM SSD Samsung EVO MZ- E B EU GB with PLUS W power supply OS WINDOWS FRENCH HOME X -

A:Unable to install Intel HD graphics driver on a fresh install of WIN10

The most likely suspect is a bad video chip.

Now it could be a power related problem too, or heat, but if you have used good parts and a cool case and have tried multiple versions of the driver then it starts looking like hardware failure is likely.

Who makes your 550W power supply?

Double check all of your connections.
And you could go into the UEFI/BIOS and reset all defaults - don't do any tweaking until this problem is resolved.
Is that board running the most recent version of the BIOS?

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/38448-unable-install-intel-hd-graphics-driver-fresh-install-win10.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi SevenForums Members to + Games Install BSOD Unable I have uploaded the required diagnostics file The BSOD screen always has this error line Memory management This problem started after I got a new graphics card and a GB RAM stick for my computer There is a CRC error BSOD + Unable to Install Games when I try to install some games through an ISO image on a virtual drive I have two hard disks and have tried to install the games after extracting BSOD + Unable to Install Games their setup files to the drives of both the hard disks but the same problem persists in both cases The funny thing is that my friend has installed the game smoothly with the same ISO image I even extracted the setup files from his computer and copied them to my computer However this method failed with a CRC error again This has happened in the case of many game setups As for the BSOD it occurs randomly Sometimes I keep my computer turned on for a long duration days and play heavy games but the BSOD doesn't occur and then i safely turn off my computer While sometimes when I would start light applications like Google Chrome or Microsoft Word the computer will crash with a BSOD This doesn't mean that Chrome or Word are buggy since I have used them for a long duration too without any problems In short the BSOD can happen randomly even if I just simply click around on the computer I ran Windows Memory Diagnostics test and it said I do have an error in my RAM I didn't care to save the result log of the test I want to know the exact problem and if there is any problem in other areas too Plus the solution Thanks

A:BSOD + Unable to Install Games

A spot check of your reports indicate either memory or hardware (memory is considered hardware). I would take a know good stick and test each slot for 6 passes. This will allow us to know if you can get off for a few dollars with new ram or the Mother Board has problems.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/243403-bsod-unable-install-games.html
Relevancy 58.91%

When I install KOTOR, after the 1st disc, when I insert the second disc, the computer will try to read it for a while. Then Windows will tell me that my CD driver is unplugged and the Setup program crashes. But not without an error:

'Access Denied'

This also happen to Beyond Good & Evil when reading disc 2, but with a 'Incorrect Function' error. Tried & restarted about 14 times with no progress.

When installing Silent Storm, this also happen a few times before sucessfully completing install.

KOTOR and Beyond Good & Evil installed smoothly on Win ME before an unfortunate corruption made me format my C drive, and installing Windows 2000 because I lost my Win ME CD...

Any suggestions why *both* my CD drive is uncooperative?
Also, what OS is good for games? I heard Windows 2000 isn't good.

A:Unable to install KOTOR (and some other games)

windows 98 is the best, but it crashes alot, so probably winxp
how fast is ur cd-rom?
it might be ur cdrom 's problem

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-install-kotor-and-some-other-games.222160/
Relevancy 58.91%

Recently after a Hard Drive went belly up I bought a new HD re-installed any Microsoft to Unable install Games Windows XP and step by step re-installed my software and games as I needed them I installed MS Flight Simulator which went OK Unable to install any Microsoft Games and Unable to install any Microsoft Games I m flying well Then I decided to reinstall Combat Flight Simulator but keep getting an error quot Microsoft Games AutoRun Setup has encountered a problem and needs to close cetc etc etc quot In details the cause is always ebu exe sometimes it has a number ie ebu exe but always ebu exe I ve tried everything I can reinstalled windows virus scanned adware scanned easycleaned scandisk - you name it I ve done it but still I can t get past this error I tried CFS and that came up with the FS splashscreen - CFS had a number of rerasons why THAT couldn t install and finally I tried Flight Simulator and back came the ebu exe error I would be more than grateful for any advice and am prepared to try anything tp overcome this problem I don t want to format and reinstall windows if I can help it cos I don t know if that wopuld be the solution Look forward to your comments Many thanks George Aldridge nbsp

Relevancy 58.48%

I recently have an Nvidia Gforce Game Ready Driver Version 347.88 Update , ready to get installed in my Nvidia Gforce Expeerience Software...

My System specs are :

GIGABYTE H97-D3H Motherboard
Zotac Nvidia GForce GTX 960 2 GB Graphics CARD
16 GB RAM
Intel Processor i7

I have the latest Metal Gear Solid Ground Zeros game running perfect at 60 Frames Per second (I belive) , as per my last check with Fraps....

Now,do i really need to install this latest Gforce Game Ready Driver Version 347.88 Update via Nvidia Gforce Expeerience Software OR not...Since,i have read many stories on forums regarding people updating their Nvidia Graphics Card Drivers and getting Windows CRASH,Nvidia CARDS stop working & some people complaining about getting low fps ...

A:To INSTALL or NOT , Nvidia Gforce Game Ready Driver Version 347.88 ...

The game ready drivers only contain game profile updates. Its fine to install them.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/364698-install-not-nvidia-gforce-game-ready-driver-version-347-88-a.html
Relevancy 58.48%

I downloaded recent driver for GT540M from Nvidia site, but it says "install failed". I've only been able to install driver from MSI site, from 2011 (Win7_64_HDA(268.12).exe). I've tried deleting GT540M from device manager, tried clicking "update driver" there and pointing it to the Nvidia extracted folder, but nothing worked, tried 10 times at least. I've always installed new Nvidia drivers without any hiccups, just the recent 335.23 driver fails. But now older versions from 2013 won't install either. I would like to fix that without reinstalling Windows preferably.

A:Nvidia 335.23 driver fails to install on GE620 laptop with Win7

Is there some reason you need that driver ?

You are doing a custom/clean install correct ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/324952-nvidia-335-23-driver-fails-install-ge620-laptop-win7.html