Windows Support Forum

Unable to print while connected to internet

Q: Unable to print while connected to internet

I have a computer running windows 98 SE, using a dialup connection. Whenever I am connected to the internet, I am unable to use my printer. Why is this and how can I fix it?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Unable to print while connected to internet

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 69.23%

Problem:
I have a PC that has to connect to a server through a modem for security reasons.
While it is connected to the modem, a screen needs to be printed.
The printer that is being used is connected to the local network.
While connected to the modem, attempting to print gives the error "The RPC server is unavailable."

System:
Windows XP Professional SP3
Printer server is Windows Server 2008
Modem is old 56k modem connected by serial port (don't think that matters)

What I've tried:
I have tried modifying the routing table to force connections to the subnet that the computer and printer are hosted on.
route -p add 10.1.0.0 MASK 255.255.255.0 10.1.61.0 METRIC 40 IF 0x2
ip for the PC is 10.1.61.53, ip for the printer is 10.1.61.22, IF 0x2 is the integrated NIC
The RPC service is running, and I have also started the RPC locator

Any suggestions what I should do next?

A:Unable to print to network printer while connected to modem

These are correct

ip for the PC is 10.1.61.53,
ip for the printer is 10.1.61.22, IF 0x2
but this is not

route -p add 10.1.0.0 MASK 255.255.255.0 10.1.61.0
and should not be necessary at all, if the PC gateway is on 10.1.61.x

Instead, get the output of ROUTE PRINT and post that

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-print-to-network-printer-while-connected-to-modem.195362/
Relevancy 61.49%

A warning in advance this is going to be a fairly long post I don't know a ton about troubleshooting but I'm not computer illiterate and I've tried quite an array of tests while trying to fix things on my own First of all my laptop is an HP Presario V GB AV I'm running windows I upgraded from vista last october I had problems once back in january with being unable to download windows updates At the time I found something suggesting that this could be due to a corrupted download and so I reinstalled win and everything worked fine Now about weeks ago I started up my laptop and although it showed up as being connected under network connections none of my applications which require the internet Internet shows to Internet connected but access unable work Edit I know that the problem isn't my ISP or the network I'm on since both the computer I'm currently using to post this my parent's desktop and my laptop connect to the same network And no were not using a router we can only have computer connected at a time We simply unplug the ethernet cable from one computer and put it into the other I've looked at my ipconfig settings and everything looks fine I even tried ipconfig release and ipconfig renew as well as ipconfig dnsflush just to be safe No luck with any of that Then I went and looked at the system logs and found that ever since about november of last year there have been intermittent problems with the BITS Internet shows connected but unable to access Internet service not starting More recently BITS has not been starting and Internet shows connected but unable to access Internet I've been getting error messages that server long number string if you'd like me to post it I can did not register with DCOM within the required timeout I tried reinstalling win since it fixed my problem before but no luck this time Since then I've been trying to make sure that all my drivers are up to date as several posts about intermittant note Internet shows connected but unable to access Internet my problem is constant not intermittent internet connectivity issues seemed to lead back to drivers needing updates However as far as I can tell all my device drivers are up to date I downloaded some diagnostic tools I ran HotCPUTesterLite through its diagnostic test hours twice and it didn't turn up any hardware errors One of the tools I downloaded pointed out that my bios was rather old so I updated that most recent version was for december I can't figure out what is causing my problem unless it is windows itself If anyone can shed some light here I'd greatly appreciate it or it looks like I may have to revert back to vista till microsoft gets things fixed

A:Internet shows connected but unable to access Internet

no ideas? I'm just about ready to give up and try doing a factory reset back to vista and hope that fixes things.

Edit: Just found out additional info about my network adapter, apparently theres been no downloads for it on the intel download center for OS's after win XP. But on a different page it said that there is "in box support" for it. Would this mean that the appropriate driver was included in my win 7 install, or that my adapter is outdated for win 7 and that is causing my problem? For Reference my computer is less than 3 years old and came initially installed with vista on it. My adapter is the Intel(R) Pro 100/VE Network Connection.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/73765-internet-shows-connected-but-unable-access-internet.html
Relevancy 60.63%

I'm unable to browse internet on my old p4/xp desktop pc, the internet
gets connected but it doesn't load any pages at all, neither the
browsers work nor any installer application works, it shows connection
error, i use a bluetooth or USB connection via my cell phone,. I can
browse internet via the same connection on my laptop but not on my
desktop, is it some virus/spyware or is it some hardware/software
settings issue? how to diagnose the problem? please help...
and yeah also suggest me any portable anti-virus that I can take from my
laptop to my desktop because there is no internet on my desktop so
can't update anything...

A:Connected to internet but unable to browse

Run some scans with general AV softwares, and it wouldn't harm to post a HJT log to the malware removal forum just to make sure the issue isn't malware related. If it isn't malware, try resetting the router. If this dosen't work, try disabling your network adapter and re-enabling. If none of these work, run CMD as an administrator, type in ipconfig /release, hit enter and wait. Then ipconfig /flushdns, after this, ipconfig /renew. One of these should help your problem. If not, nothing else comes to mind and I'm sorry that I cannot assist further.

EDIT: Make sure to do the CMD commands in that order, wait for them to complete each time.

- Agglomerate

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/487011/connected-to-internet-but-unable-to-browse/
Relevancy 60.63%

Hello I signed up here specifically because I could not find the answer to my problem anywhere else and thought I'd give it a shot I am in the process of transferring everything from my old computer to a slightly less-old Dell Dimension On the previous computer a Dell Dimension the internet worked fine and I was able to do whatever despite to internet being view connected the Unable I needed I formatted the and installed WindowsXP Pro it's activated and working fine I share a -port Linksys router with my roommate running a cable from the router which is in his room into mine When took the cable from my old computer where it was working fine and put it into the new one I became unable to view the internet Lookoing through Network Connections at the LAN properties it shows as being connected at mps and shows the transfer of information as well as the time although I am unable to use IE or Firefox to surf the net Both engines tell me that the webpage is unavailable The first Unable to view the internet despite being connected time this happened I became frustrated and just hooked the old computer back up where the internet again worked fine I also know the router is not at fault because I am on my roommate's computer as I type this What do I need to do in order for the newer computer Unable to view the internet despite being connected to use the connection I've tried disabling and then enabling repairing etc I'm not a tech wizard about connection stuff Do I have spyware Is there software I might need for that computer Thank you very much for any help

A:Unable to view the internet despite being connected

Go to Start, Run, type cmd and press Enter. Now type ipconfig and press enter. It should report the IP Address for the Local Area Connection. Let us know what this is. It should be along the lines of 192.168.1.101. This will confirm that the router has given you an IP Address.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/unable-to-view-the-internet-despite-being-connected-389011.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hello ,
I m Using Windows 7 Ultimate. I have Never seen this problem before in my laptop.

I Can Connect to my home wireless mode. but I m not able to SURF The Internet and other Applications like ( Messengers and Online Games ) . I Tried re-connecting my laptop but still the problem is there...

Please Help Me

Relevancy 60.63%

I am using a Dell Latitude E Laptop and have been wirelessly connected to our home internet for several years without any problems However of late I have been having problems browsing despite my connection being OK and signal being very good I am able to still listen to music on spotify as well as browse! but to internet, Connected unable to chat on facebook but cannot load web pages or search for anything on youtube google etc I use google chrome but experience Connected to internet, but unable to browse! the same problem on IE I have checked whether it is a problem with malware and have removed all threats but still the problem persists the only way I have found of temporarily fixing it is disabling the wireless Connected to internet, but unable to browse! and reconnecting whereby it will work perfectly again for anything between - minutes I have not changed my router recently so do not think that is the issue I m beginning it may just be a hardware fault with the laptop Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated Leeus nbsp

A:Connected to internet, but unable to browse!

Same problem or work OK with an ethernet connection?

What OS?

What firewall or security suite is, or ever was, on the system?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connected-to-internet-but-unable-to-browse.1067136/
Relevancy 60.63%

Hello I have been unable to use any browsers while my anti-virus is running Trend Micro Internet Security in quot normal quot boot the to yet browsers connected to Unable use AM I internet? mode yet when booted in safe mode both Trend Micro and my browser can run together I have tried suggestions found both on the Trend Micro site and looked through similar problems to mine on various forums but the suggested solutions such as using quot netsch int ip reset quot haven t worked for me It was also through reading posts I heard HijackThis being suggested As of yet I am unsure whether this shed any light on this problem but I have enclosed my log while in quot normal quot mode I would be very grateful if anyone could help me Unable to use browsers yet I AM connected to the internet? solve this problem Thanks Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on - - Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS ATKKBService exe C Program Files Belkin Belkin Wireless Network Utility WLService Unable to use browsers yet I AM connected to the internet? exe C Program Files Bonjour Unable to use browsers yet I AM connected to the internet? mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Belkin Belkin Wireless Network Utility WLanCfgG exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Common Files Motive McciCMService exe C Program Files Nero Nero Nero BackItUp NBService exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exe C WINDOWS Samsung PanelMgr SSMMgr exe C WINDOWS vsnpstd exe C Program Files BT Broadband Desktop Help btbb BTHelpNotifier exe C Program Files BT Broadband Desktop Help btbb wcm McciTrayApp exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX smax exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Common Files Nero Lib NMIndexStoreSvr exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Common Files Nero Lib NMIndexingService exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files iTunes iTunes exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security UfNavi exe C Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security SfCtlCom exe C Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security UfSeAgnt exe C Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security TmProxy exe C Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security TmPfw exe C Program Files Trend Micro BM TMBMSRV exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http uk red clientapps yahoo com b http uk docs yahoo com info bt side html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Inst... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-use-browsers-yet-i-am-connected-to-the-internet.852526/
Relevancy 60.63%

I upgraded my OS from Windows Vista Home Premium to Windows Ultimate When all was done and over updates installed and so on I upgraded the Internet Explorer as well from Unable browse Internet to IM to or but connected IE included in the Win install to IE I used to have IE before on Vista A little bit after that I had to uninstall re-install the VPN client for my work and things started going south Currently after I start the computer the MSN Messenger is not working the Yahoo Unable to browse or IM but connected to Internet messenger is not working IE Firefox and Chrome are not working IE just hangs sometimes is displaying lt endif gt but it seems to find the sites because I can see the icon of the page changing Chrome is not able to connect even to google Unable to browse or IM but connected to Internet com but it let s me down nicely doesn t hog resources like IE does The Internet connection is fine because I can ping I can connect to my work s VPN sometimes even some https pages are briefly working Once I connect to the VPN everything works great Now comes the weird part after I connect to the VPN and disconnect the browsers work the IM works so something gets reset in that process and makes it fine but I have no idea what NOTE IE is still barely moving - you request a page go get a snack and maybe it has loaded I have looked at numerous threads on different forums and I tried a lot of stuff but nothing seems to solve the problem I tried the netsh winsock netsh int ipconfig flushdns msconfig to boot in safe mode I even uninstalled the antivirus remove the IE update from Win reinstalled it used netstat to see the connections etc etc So my question is what happens when VPN gets started that makes it possible for me to browse even after I disconnect from it nbsp

A:Unable to browse or IM but connected to Internet

I upgraded my OS from Windows Vista Home Premium to Windows 7 Ultimate.Click to expand...

That's a pretty expensive upgrade. Especially considering that you didn't do it until almost three years after Windows 7 was released. Why? And from where did you purchase it?

So my question is what happens when VPN gets started that makes it possible for me to browse even after I disconnect from it?Click to expand...

Usually a VPN will block all other networking (resembles a firewall in that regard) when it is running. When you exit from it, it should stop blocking other networking. That seems to be working. Sometimes just having a VPN installed, but not in use, will cause networking trouble. So I think that your question should be, "why is my networking blocked before I use the VPN?".

Maybe some startup program that prepares for a quick start when you access the VPN? Maybe a firewall or security suite that is corrupted or mis-configured but somehow gets "fixed" by the VPN? Maybe something about just having the VPN installed that we won't be able to figure out?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-browse-or-im-but-connected-to-internet.1067866/
Relevancy 60.63%

When I try to connect to the internet I get this error message. C:\Program Files(X86)speedbrowser\Application\browser.exeThe application has failed to start because its side -by side configuration is incorrect.Please see the application event log for more detail.Where is the application event log? Thank you in advance!!!

A:Why am I unable to access the internet even though connected

" unable to go online to download them"1: You have to download from a good computer.2: Put them on a thumb drive.3: Copy & Paste them onto your desktop.message edited by Johnw

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-vista/why-am-i-unable-to-access-the-internet-even-though-connected/13968.html
Relevancy 60.63%

I have a Dell Inspiron 1545 with a wireless connection. Although my laptop tells me I have excellent signal strength and my computer is connected, my browsers (Chrome, Firefox, IE) will not let me browse. Other programs I have, such as spotify and Itunes allow me to for a short period of time before it kicks me off.

I have tried unplugging and resetting the modem, and when I flush my dns cache, the browsers work for a short period of time (max is 15 minutes) before they cannot work at all.

Any help in fixing this would be greatly appreciated!

A:I am connected to the internet but unable to use the browsers

Hi Safeguard,

My name is Srikanth and I work for the Social Media and Community Team at Dell.

Please check if you have the same problem in safe mode with networking, you can go to safe mode with networking by hitting F8 at the dell logo once you turn on the computer , Also try to run diagnostics on the wireless card from support center ->custom test->select the wireless card and click on RUN test. please check if more than one antivirus program is installed on the computer , if yes please uninstall one of the program. Also try to disable the ipv6 address you can follow this link http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929852

Please reply back to the post if problem still persists

Regards
DELL_SRIKANTH_K

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/242057-i-am-connected-internet-but-unable-use-browsers.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Yesterday after updating to AdAware SE my computer stopped accessing the net I don t know how internet, Connected but unable to to it. access else to put it really Anyway I am Connected to internet, but unable to access it. running XP and I am on a network connection from my mom s computer Her computer has been accessing the internet fine despite it s many problems Norton and AdAware have detectd nothing and they are both updated completely I am at a loss this is the st thing I haven t been able to fix on Connected to internet, but unable to access it. my own on my computer Any help offered would be appreciated immencily There is also one other thing I noticed a couple days before this and can t seem to fix either My TEMP folder is just not there anymore suspiciou To be more specific my TEMP folder cannot be seen in Windows It is there though It isn t hidden either Through DOS I can access the folder I went to empty it through DOS but it wont allow me because access is denied to one file Since I am using my Mother s computer right now I ll do get the name of that file which access is denied to and post it if anyone needs the name Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Connected to internet, but unable to access it.

Re:

I dunno maybe format it, or maybe reinstall the drivers. :giddy: :haha:
Did you try uninstalling ad-aware? (Lol I don't think it helps any to get it from a warez site *winks*)
It sounds a little like a trojan.
And I don't belive NAV is the best Anti-virus. (I dunno I just read something like that on a fourm. Lol.)
You might wanna try AVG.
Hope this helps
Thefrtman.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connected-to-internet-but-unable-to-access-it.18856/
Relevancy 60.63%

My computer was working fine yesterday but all of a sudden today it went all weird I turned it on Unable although I'm Internet, connected to Acess and it seemed to be working normally I logged into MSN and it loaded Unable to Acess Internet, although I'm connected my home page I tried going to another page min later and i just went on loading for almost min Sometimes my browsers do load slow but I m pretty sure this is an internet issue Even then my MSN and other internet Unable to Acess Internet, although I'm connected programs still say I m online but I m obviously not I tried sending myself a message on MSN and didn t receive it but it still says I m online I tried restarting a bunch of CMD things reinstalling my router etc My network still says I m connected and I m still unable to do anythng The weird thing is that when I restart my compter it seems to work fine for about min Then if I do something the loading screen will just go on forever I m beyond frustrated right now One more thing other computers using the same wifi and router are working fine nbsp

Relevancy 60.63%

hey ive got an acer laptop with windows vista on it and i am connecting to the internet wirelesly and through ethernet cable but the same problem keeps happening.. the internet is connected and has full connectivity but nothing will load in either explorer or firefox, both saying they cannot connect to the internet; both troubleshooters show no error. These 2 programs seem to be the only ones not working too cause i can login to msn messenger and download system updates etc etc

any help would be appreciated

Relevancy 60.63%

Hello friends! Retri11 here.

So I use a hardwire internet connection.... and lately I've been having issues with it. It seems to only occur at night and its every few days or so it says my connection is broken!

this irritates me because it only happens to me. So I have no idea to what is going on. I use wired I have wireless ( need to get code again thought) so if I don't respond my internet may be 'broken' again so to speak.

anyways that's all that is happening and it seems to fix itself when I reset my modem, if you have any ideas please give me your feedback.

A:Unable to stay connected to internet.

I am having trouble following you, so may I ask a few questions to help me understand your problem?

What type of cable internet service? DSL? Cable? Other?
Do you have a home network (computers connected through a router)? If so, please describe it.
When you say that it only happens to you, do you mean that others are connected to your network and can access the internet while you cannot?
If so, how are you connected and how are they? (wired or wireless?)
Can you open a command prompt from your computer, enter ipconfig /all, and post the results here?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-stay-connected-to-internet.1003883/
Relevancy 60.63%

I have been trying to connect my laptop to my home WIFI for a couple of days now. It has recognised the modem and recognises that it is working. It has also connected to the modem but claims that there is no internet available. I know there is because both my iPhone and iPad are connected to it and working very well (hence being able to post this).

I have been through many of these different forums and seen lots of different ideas as to what to do but non of it has worked for me.

The wording of the messages on screen, when I try and connect, is that I have limited connectivity to the modem and then when I try and trouble shoot it says that my "wireless network connection doesn't have a valid IP configuration".

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?89329-Unable-to-use-the-internet-even-when-connected-to-the-router
Relevancy 59.77%

After returning from vacation, I found that I couldn't print while on-line. This had been working fine for the past year and I am still able to print from Word. Of course,I can copy and paste to Word but this is very time consuming and not always good. I am using Windows 95 and HPOfficejet300 printer.

Relevancy 59.77%

I am using the broadband services of an internet provider in Quebec named Acanac-Inc. From the past few days, I am unable to access internet through WiFi. The internet is showing connected. But when we try to access a webpage it shows like "Cannot be displayed". I tried the same with a LAN cable connecting the laptop directly, and it works fine. What could be the problem behind this. If anybody knows, please share some tips to resolve this.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/73709-internet-showing-connected-but-unable-browse.html
Relevancy 59.77%

I have a Acer 7520 duel core processor running vista, my daughter has installed her ipod to it and safari took over the browser from IE7, since I uninstalled safari i have been unable to get onto the internet, the computer is showing it's online and when I click on IE nothing happens, no screen opens up nothing! I can update AVG and other programs yet unable to update windows update.

Can you help?

Billy

Relevancy 59.77%

I have an Acer Ferrari AMD Turion Mobile Internet to to Unable Connected Use but Wireless Browsers Technology ML- MHz GB of RAM running MS Windows XP Pro Version SP which I have just reinstalled Everything worked smoothly Wireless Connected to Internet but Unable to Use Browsers but the next Wireless Connected to Internet but Unable to Use Browsers day I could connect to my wireless router but none of my browsers worked Opera Firefox IE even though I can - curiously enough - still use the e-mail function of Opera Skype works fine I can ping normally and non-browser based software updates are also no problem I have tried basically all of the advice that I could find around here and elsewhere Winsockfix did the trick a previous time when I had the same problem but not this time netsh winsock reset catalog netsh int ip reset reset log all no use I have the following system software installed Avast Spybot Glary Utilities HD Tune Registry Booster SpeedupmyPC and Smart Defrag These are my IP settings C Documents and Settings Administrator gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name kris Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom g Network Adapter Physical Address - E- B-CA- -FE Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Thursday November AM Lease Expires Thursday November AM Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Broadcom NetLink TM Gigabit Ethernet Physical Address -C - F-A - E-EA Getting a little desperate after two full days of tinkering and rebooting with no result Any suggestions very much appreciated nbsp

A:Wireless Connected to Internet but Unable to Use Browsers

it could be
1) Firewall blocking - have you switch off (exit program form runnin)
2) Virus or malware

I'll move to networking forum 1st - see what response you get there

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-connected-to-internet-but-unable-to-use-browsers.874849/
Relevancy 59.77%

I recently posted on here about a virus which thankfully you guys helped me clear Unfortunately since this I have been unable to connect to the internet on that PC I have reset the router etc but dont think that this is the issue as I connect to the net through the same router on my laptop which im using wirelessly On trying to load internet explorer im getting the pafe which says its not connecting If i type in www google co uk its showing as address invalid On accessing the internet connections on the PC it shows two One internet gateway and one LAN both showing as connected I dont connect Unable but to showing - :/ connected to internet recall seeing the internet gateway icon their Unable to connect to internet - but showing connected :/ before though I wasnt looking before My ip address and my internet gateway address on MSDOS are slightly different so not sure if this is the problem as they were the same before Any help you can give to help me re-connect my PC would Unable to connect to internet - but showing connected :/ be very much appreciated Kind Regards Sarah nbsp

Relevancy 59.77%

So, I've had this problem for a few months now. I can connect to the internet just fine, and can surf the web with no problems. However, when I try to connect to the internet through another source, like, say iTunes or Sony's ereader library, an error pops up telling me that "You are not connected to the internet. Please check your network settings and try again." During this time, the internet in the browser is working without a problem. I have Vista Home Premium 32bit. Thank you!

A:Internet connected - unable to connect through other programs however

Welcome
Sounds like something is blocking your connection
Lets start with a clean boot and try to find out what
How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista or in Windows 7
My guess would be the Firewall or AntiVirus

If that does not work
Run a full antivirus scan and download and run a full and updated malwarebytes.

If the above does not work, try in safe mode

If that does not work reset IE.
Internet Explorer - Reset

If that does not work try a system restore.
System Restore - How to

Proxy settings?

Make sure your settings are all correct. Time, region date etc

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/286198-internet-connected-unable-connect-through-other-programs-however.html
Relevancy 59.77%

I am using a windows vista HP LAPTOP on a temporary basis. It is connected to wireless and connection shows that it is working at high strength but unable to access internet. What might be the problem? Can someone help

A:unable to access internet but wireless connected

Hi. . .

I assume it is showing "Local Connectivity"?

Do you have a 3rd party firewall installed?

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/unable-to-access-internet-but-wireless-connected-283393.html
Relevancy 59.77%

I have a computer running Windows Vista It seemed to have had some viruses so I removed them but I still cannot browse the internet I can get windows updates and the computer is showing connected but no browsing in any browser I browse Internet computer connected Unable but to is suspect it is a virus Please see my HiJack logs and if anyone can help that would be great I do not want to reformat Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Unknown Windows WinNT SP MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C Unable to browse Internet but computer is connected Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avgnt exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C WINDOWS RtHDVCpl exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Program Files LimeWire LimeWire exe C Program Unable to browse Internet but computer is connected Files Common Files microsoft shared Works Shared WkCalRem exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe C Windows System mobsync exe C Users tracy Documents HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL Unable to browse Internet but computer is connected http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale EN CA amp c amp bd Presario amp pf desktop R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http g msn ca SEENCA SAOS FORM TOOLBR R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhost O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dll file missing O - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO Search Helper - EBF - F- bff-A F-B E AAC B - C Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack Search Helper SEPsearchhelperie dll O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - BHO Google Dictionary Compression sdch - C D FE-E D- -BB - C E E C E - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar Component fastsearch B C AC BB E dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO Windows Live Toolbar Helper - E A DC - - A - EA-DC EC ACF - C Program Files Windows Live Toolbar wltcore dll O - Toolbar Google Toolbar - C B - - d - B - A CD F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - Toolbar amp Windows Live Toolbar - FA EF- D- D - B F- A D - C Program Files Windows Live Toolbar wltcore dll O - HKLM Run CanonMyPrinter C Program Files Canon MyPrinter BJMyPrt exe logon O - HKLM Run CanonSolutionMenu C Program Files Canon SolutionMenu CNSLMAIN exe logon O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run avgnt quot C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avgnt exe quot min O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - H... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-browse-internet-but-computer-is-connected.882799/
Relevancy 59.77%

Right lets start from the beginning At the start Internet most websites! unable to connected, but connect to of march I decided to build my self a new Internet connected, but unable to connect to most websites! PC for gaming this was my first build which was a bit of a budget one at around The build went ok but I then needed to get a new router as we previously only had one computer in the house meaning we connected through a modem In the end we went for a different deal with the same provider which included a free router So I got everything connected up and it worked Hurrah Untill about two weeks ago Knew luck wasn t actually on my on my side for once So now that s enough of me rambling on about my life history It is time for the current problem I m not very complex with computers so you will have to bare with me Basically the internet will be connected but then when you load a web page such as bbc co uk it won t and then if you load anther webpage such as youtube com it will work if you try again in hours time ect It will be vise versa However the internet does work fine at times and not certain times it can be anywhere from late at night to peak times in the evening I have searched the web over and over but most of the similar problems are for just one computer where as my problem is on both my and the older XP which pretty much confirms I think that it is to do with the router rather than the computer When A page doesn t load it comes up with this message on chrome This webpage is not available Google Chrome could not load the webpage because www youtube com took too long to respond The website may be down or you may be experiencing issues with your Internet connection Error net ERR CONNECTION TIMED OUT The operation timed out Anther factor I should probably mension is that I live out in the countryside and my speed never gets any higher than mb s Anyway thankyou for taking the time to read my long boring post and I hope you can help me with my Issue Cheers Dave nbsp

A:Internet connected, but unable to connect to most websites!

Are you using a BT Home Hub?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-connected-but-unable-to-connect-to-most-websites.1052203/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hello all I ve been having some issues with my Internet connection for several months now but it is becoming increasingly annoying I m worried that it might be because of a virus or some hardware issue I ve tried looking around for help but no one seems to have my exact problem so I thought I d make an account here and try to get help on my personal case Basically my modem is happily connected to shutdown no to unable Internet, Connected Solved: with my laptop wirelessly but sometimes on startup I have no Internet access available I ve tried the usual quick fixes like unplugging the modem and plugging in again reconnecting but to no avail However when I try to restart the computer it gets hung up on the shutdown screen permanently and I have to force a shutdown This only ever happens when I m having Internet issues Usually once I Solved: Connected with no Internet, unable to shutdown start back up again everything goes back Solved: Connected with no Internet, unable to shutdown to normal and the Internet works again All other devices are perfectly fine with Internet so the issue is only on this laptop I only ever lose Internet access on startup not ever while using the Internet I tried getting help through Microsoft Tech Support and they suggested it might be a virus that s blocking the Internet and then running too many Solved: Connected with no Internet, unable to shutdown processes to let the computer shut down I have a full version McAfee and ran a scan with that with no results I then tried a free version of Malwarebtyes and also picked up nothing My laptop is an XPS L X running Windows The modem is a Netgear D Any help would be massively appreciated as I have no tech skills whatsoever Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 59.77%

Well here recently I ve upgraded from Windows Xp bit to Windows Vista bit and now I m unable to access the internet via my schools wireless network I am however connected to Wrieless but get unable Internet Network able to connect to the schools router and I can see others who are connected I ve tried both Internet explorer and Mozilla Wrieless Network connected but unable to get Internet Firefox Both act as though they are loading then I believe the connection times out At the moment everything is fine when testing my connection with exception of the ping test Also I have zero problems connecting to my wireless network and my friends wireless network Should also be noted that my school does normally require you to quot sign in quot before you can browse the web What I mean Wrieless Network connected but unable to get Internet by that is generally you are redirected to their website and forced to sign in before you can access the internet Currently I am not being redirected from what I can tell Here is my ipconfig all Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users - gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name ---PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List ccccd edu Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix ccccd edu Description Intel R Wireless WiFi Link AGN Physical Address - D-E -AE-F -E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe aa a bc c f bc Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Wednesday April AM Lease Expires Wednesday April AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix ccccd edu Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Here is my WiFi Manual Diagnostic information Hardware Test - Result Passed Summary Wireless Hardware is enabled Hardware Test - Additional Info Adapter Name Intel R Wireless WiFi Link AGN MAC Address D E AE F E Version Hardware Test - Additional Info sz aFirmwareVersion sz aMicroCodeVersion sz bFirmwareVersion sz bMicroCodeVersion Hardware Test - Additional Info sz gFirmwareVersion sz gMicroCodeVersion E B szDriverVersion szEEPROMUpdateFirmwareVersion Driver Test - Result Passed Summary Driver is loaded NETw v Version Radio Test - Result Passed Summary Radio is ON Scan Test - Result Passed Summary There are Networks available to connect Scan Test - Additional Info Scan Test - List Entry AuthLevel Open bEncrypted False bStealth False btBssid F E CCXFeatures eBand g eOpMode Network Infrastructure MulticastEncryptionLevel sRssi - szSsid CougarLANd UnicastEncryptionLevel usChannelId Scan Test - List Entry AuthLevel Open bEncrypted False bStealth False btBssid AA A C CCXFeatures eBand g eOpMode Network Infrastructure MulticastEncryptionLevel sRssi - szSsid CougarLANd UnicastEncryptionLevel usChannelId Scan Test - List Entry AuthLevel Open bEncrypted False bStealth False btBssid AA AC CCXFeatures eBand g eOpMode Network Infrastructure MulticastEncryptionLevel sRssi - szSsid CougarLANd UnicastEncryptionLevel usChannelId Scan Test - List Entry AuthLevel Open bEncrypted False bStealth False btBssid C E A CCXFeatures eBand g eOpMode Device to Device Ad Hoc MulticastEncryptionLevel sRssi - szSsid anasonic Display UnicastEncryptionLevel usChannelId Scan Test - List Entry AuthLevel Open bEncrypted False bStealth False btBssid AA AA CCXFeatures eBand g eOpMode Network Infrastructure MulticastEncryptionLevel sRssi - szSsid CougarLANd UnicastEncryptionLevel usChannelId Scan Test - List Entry AuthLevel Open bEncrypte... Read more

Relevancy 59.77%

yesterday my laptop was working fine but this morning it has just refued to open any webpages .... i tried 'tracert google.com' in cmd the trace reslved just fine .... i have also tried using some dns server of open dns tht dnt help than i flushed m cache using 'ipconfig /flushdns' it said done successfully i restarted and tried to open google r any ther website with no luck..... i am connected through a netgear router to the internet. any help is greatly appriciated ... thankyou

A:Unable to open websites although connected to internet.

for a chance have u checked it in any other browser.check weather u laptop is showing the ip address.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-open-websites-although-connected-to-internet.858863/
Relevancy 59.77%

I have an Acer Ferrari AMD Turion Mobile Technology ML- MHz GB of RAM running MS Windows XP Pro Version SP which Connected to to Browsers Use but Wireless Unable Internet I have just reinstalled Everything worked smoothly but the next day I could connect to my wireless router but none of my browsers worked Opera Firefox IE even though I can - curiously enough - still use the e-mail function of Opera Skype works fine I can ping normally and non-browser based software updates are also no problem I have tried basically Wireless Connected to Internet but Unable to Use Browsers all of the advice that I could find around here and elsewhere Winsockfix did the trick a previous time when I had the same problem Wireless Connected to Internet but Unable to Use Browsers but not this time netsh winsock reset catalog netsh int ip reset reset log all no use I have the following system software installed Avast Spybot Glary Utilities HD Tune Registry Booster SpeedupmyPC and Smart Defrag These are my IP settings C Documents and Settings Administrator gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name kris Primary Dns Wireless Connected to Internet but Unable to Use Browsers Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom g Network Adapter Physical Address - E- B-CA- -FE Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Thursday November AM Lease Expires Thursday November AM Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Broadcom NetLink TM Gigabit Ethernet Physical Address -C - F-A - E-EA Getting a little desperate after two full days of tinkering and rebooting with no result Any suggestions very much appreciated

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/wireless-connected-to-internet-but-unable-to-use-browsers-429022.html
Relevancy 59.77%

I m not sure if I m posting in the right forum so my apologies in advance if it s in the wrong place I have printers connected a win Dell PC and have XP Dell laptops that use the printers I have had an HP laserjet MP and an HP color inkjet connected to it The spool time to the MP has been normal When I connected the HP a year ago the spool time was very slow and it took a long time to get the print dialogue box to open but I ignorantly assumed it was the printer and since I don t use it often just didn t deal with it I just replaced the MP with a HP laserjet with to PC Slow on print spooling sharing print printers connected win98 and it is slow slow slow to spool to open a print menu to open print properties etc When I turn print sharing off it both printers print fine I m wondering if Slow print spooling with print sharing on printers connected to win98 PC the win machine just doesn t have the processing speed necessary but before I buy a print server or get an Slow print spooling with print sharing on printers connected to win98 PC XP desktop to connect the printers to thought I d try to get some insight into the problem Thanks for any help nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/slow-print-spooling-with-print-sharing-on-printers-connected-to-win98-pc.18330/
Relevancy 59.34%

Receive below error see attached in IE 10 or IE 11

If I downgrade to IE 9 or even back to 8 then you can print. It doesn't matter what printer, can't even save to a "xps printer"

A:Internet Explorer is unable to print this document.

Hi,

I would suggest you to try the steps in the following article.
Unable to print or view the print preview of a webpage in Internet http://support.microsoft.com/kb/973479

Also try, How to troubleshoot script errors in Internet Explorer on Windows-based computers.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308260

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-explorer-is-unable-to-print-this-document.1145455/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hello guys I have bought this asus-x ca-kx d laptop and installed unable but access Connected to internet to network wifi genuine windows in it Am able to connect to the wifi network in our hostel but unable to access internet There is that yellow triangle thing on the signal It keeps saying quot unidentified network no internet access I have tried so many solutions online but of no use Please help me guys Thanks in advance This is my ipconfig all details Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users praneeth gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name praneeth-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address - - - - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description n Wireless LAN Card Physical Address - - - - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe b d e Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Duplicate Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - B- C- -DC-E - F- -C - A- Connected to wifi network but unable to access internet F DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Qualcomm Atheros AR PCI-E F ast Ethernet Controller NDIS Physical Address E - F- -C - A- F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap B EC B - A - D C-AA - BBB EE Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap DA C-F D - E -BFC -D C CF F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap A - - EEE- - E ED D A Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes

A:Connected to wifi network but unable to access internet

Hello praneeth3456 . Welcome to the Forums, You say you are at a hostel. Did they give you a password to use to access the internet ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/337089-connected-wifi-network-but-unable-access-internet.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi - My net book used to connect me to the internet automatically on my home wireless network. Suddenly it has decided not to. I have successfully input the WEP/WAP key and the netbook says it is connected, but when I try to open Internet explorer, it says- oops! Looks like your internet is down. I have not had any problems on my main PC?

What has happened and how do I fix it?http://b.tsgstatic.com/smilies/confused.gif

Thanks in anticipation

A:Connected to wireless network, but unable to access internet

What's the exact make and model of the wireless router, and what version of Windows are you running?
Let's see this from the machine.
Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt:

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter to copy the contents to the clipboard.
Paste the results in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

I'd like to see this as well.

Download and run this Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector, click the Networks link on the upper left and paste a screen shot of that screen here. Note that this application requires NET Framework to run. If you get an error about a missing function, download and install NET Framework. For machines with no Internet connection, download this NET Framework 3.5 Full Package on another machine and transfer it with removable media to the problem machine.
To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file. To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connected-to-wireless-network-but-unable-to-access-internet.952457/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi this is Suresh i have purchased a new HP laptop months ago I use to access internet without any issues and even now i am able to access Unable internet, to as LAN connect connection shows not connected. it using the BSNL datacard but when i hook the ethernet cable to my laptop sometimes the Unable to connect internet, LAN connection shows as not connected. LAN connection shows as enabled but the notification icon shows as not connected I have uninstalled the network driver and re-installed it as instructed by one of the tech support from HP After re-adding the driver the LAN connection shows as enabled the notification icon shows as identifying the network but after sometime it shows as UNIDENTIFIED NETWORK local access only but it will never acquire an IP Once i disable and re-enable the LAN connection it gives a msg as there is an IP conflict but this laptop is not connected to the network I tried even with the static IP but still no luck i have configured the LAN settings to acquire the IP address automatically and the DNS but still it is not acquiring the IP it simply shows as identifying the network and gives a msg as UNIDENTIFIED NETWORK I would really appreciate if anyone can help me to get this fixed Please let me know if you require any information

A:Unable to connect internet, LAN connection shows as not connected.

Hi, lose the automatically detect settings under "LAN" this is not want you want. Then go to device manager (start search devmgmt.msc) and locate your network card right click select uninstall if prompted do not uninstall the drivers reboot to take effect . Now go to start all programs accessories and right click on command prompt select "run as administrator" at the prompt type:-

Code:
netsh int ip reset press enter restart to take effect
Let us know how you get on.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/unable-to-connect-internet-lan-connection-shows-as-not-connected-391527.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Ok so where do I begin I have a mini acer laptop I have never had any problems connecting to my internet access to connected to wireless but unable network still wireless networks before until I connected to wireless network but still unable to access internet returned from Jamaica we did use the hotels access anyhow ever since returning a few months ago I can not connect to my home wireless network we did change routers back in connected to wireless network but still unable to access internet Dec and did at that time have problems as well getting it to connect the router is a Linksys E I have tried over and over again to troubleshoot all problems and areas it tells me I m connected but I still can t load any web pages when I checked further I saw that the IP address was different than the ones on my other laptops so I changed those settings by adding the new IP address I have even taken my laptop to other wireless networks away from my home and I have no problems connecting to any of those what could possibly be wrong Could there be a problem because of the other laptops that are also connecting to the same wireless network I noticed on the other laptop that the physical address as well as the IP address are different than the ones I have on mine those computers run Windows I have XP on my acer mini I have researched so much trouble shooting I don t know where else to try the problem is here in the home network system with the old IP address it would give me an error message of limited or no connectivity now that I changed the IP address it says connected but I still can not access the internet the other laptop and my ipad both connect without problems is it because of Windows XP like I said the other one is Windows and my ipad PLEASE HELP nbsp

A:connected to wireless network but still unable to access internet

Set the wireless to 'obtain IP auto' and 'obtain DNS auto.'

Disable encryption on the router and try to connect. If successful you can probably re-enable encryption and reconnect. If unsuccessful ...

Please attach a screen shot of the Networks page of the Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector and show ...

Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:
(For Vista or 7 type CMD in the Search box after Start)

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connected-to-wireless-network-but-still-unable-to-access-internet.1003838/
Relevancy 58.48%

Ok so I ve been trying for most of the day to fix these issues to no avail and I ve done something that s apparently made it worse I ll do my best to include everything that might help Basically my internet claims to be connected via wire to router computer isn t wireless enabled but when I open a browser I normally use Chrome but no browser is working it came up with the Error no matter what address I try to access So far I have tried resetting my router and waiting using cmd to reset winsock and resetlog I ve fiddled with some of the proxy settings and immediate downloads Of more.. browse. any packets unable Connected to Receiving barely and Internet, to course I m not entirely certain what half of those things have Connected to Internet, unable to browse. Receiving barely any packets and more.. done but nothing seems to have worked properly I ve uninstalled all of the firewall anti-virus programs I had installed which hasn t changed anything either I have had the connected but not connected issue before since it happens quite often but usually I disable it restart the computer and just connect again then it ll work - but this time it hasn t I noticed in a lot of threads it helps to have the information given from ipconfig all so I ve copied out what I get from that below I ve just noticed that the host name has changed to STACYSC when it s not supposed to be I think this is from me attempting to connect to a wireless connection before I realised it wasn t enabled - could this be an issue Host name STACEYSC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown Ip Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List Belkin Ethernet Adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Belkin Description Realtek RTL E RTL E Family PCI-E Fast Ethernet NIC Physical Address - - -FE- -ED Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Server Click to expand Operating system is Windows XP If there s anything else I can give to help out just say so and I ll do my best to find it I really appreciate any help or suggestions so thank you in advance nbsp

A:Connected to Internet, unable to browse. Receiving barely any packets and more..

I've uninstalled all of the firewall/anti-virus programs I had installed, which hasn't changed anything either.Click to expand...

how many did you have and what were they ?

can you do the following three ping tests
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ping Tests
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

Start> Run {search bar in Vista/W7}> CMD to open a DOS window and type:

Type the following command
Ping 192.168.2.1
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping google.com
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping 209.183.226.152
post back results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste
For your information only
these tests will check various stages of the connection, the first ping test, ping default gateway checks to see if you still have a connection to the router the next two
Ping google.com & Ping 209.183.226.152 tests the connection to internet , one by name and one by number which checks that the dns is workingClick to expand...

------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connected-to-internet-unable-to-browse-receiving-barely-any-packets-and-more.1047616/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi there like many before I have read through the forums at the many problems internet slow/unable - to really connect/constantly to Says disconnecting connected and still can t seem to find Says connected to internet - really slow/unable to connect/constantly disconnecting a solution My desktop pc currently shows a connection both local and internet but when i load up firefox ventrilo I am unable to get a connection and receive an quot unable to display page quot message I have ran a full system scan for Malware Viruses I have disabled all firewalls that were present And I have rebooted IP s DNS Servers and every bit of information I could find through these forums The annoying thing is that it works OK for maybe minutes then just stops Then does the same thing and maybe works ok Says connected to internet - really slow/unable to connect/constantly disconnecting for a bit and just stops I ve not changed any programs or anything to my knowldge in the past hours to which previously everything was working fine Any help and advice is much appreciated in getting to the bottom of this or even just initially where to start nbsp

A:Says connected to internet - really slow/unable to connect/constantly disconnecting

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/says-connected-to-internet-really-slow-unable-to-connect-constantly-disconnecting.956001/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi everyone I tried my entire afternoon trying to figure this out but to no avail Fortunately I found this place out of my desperation for a solution My netbook works very well in my home network but when I brought it to my workplace I was unable to connect to wireless to network unable but connect to connected Solved: internet to the internet eventhough I could connect to the wireless network Other computers and Solved: connected to wireless network but unable to connect to internet laptops were able to connect and use the internet well using the same router I tried manually configuring my IP and default gateway based on what I Solved: connected to wireless network but unable to connect to internet read but nothing worked I hope that someone Solved: connected to wireless network but unable to connect to internet would be able to help me out with my issue Thanks in advance Here s my system config hoping this would help Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Atom TM CPU N GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Acer Antivirus Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Updated No On-Demand Scanner Enabled nbsp

A:Solved: connected to wireless network but unable to connect to internet

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-connected-to-wireless-network-but-unable-to-connect-to-internet.1061395/
Relevancy 58.48%

None of my internet based programs are able to get online. I've ran network diagnostic tests and malwarebytes but no real issue has been determined.

A:Internet connected but unable to run online programs (including browsers)

Welcome aboard

Please, complete all steps listed here: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic58138.html
Make sure, you PASTE all logs. If some log exceeds 50,000 characters post limit, split it between couple of replies.
Attached logs won't be reviewed.
NOTE 1. Use another working computer to download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool. Use USB flash drive to transfer it from good computer to the bad one.
NOTE 2. Install Panda USB Vaccine, or BitDefender?s USB Immunizer on GOOD computer to protect it from any infected USB device.

Please, observe following rules:

Read all of my instructions very carefully. Your mistakes during cleaning process may have very serious consequences, like unbootable computer.
If you're stuck, or you're not sure about certain step, always ask before doing anything else.
Please refrain from running any tools, fixes or applying any changes to your computer other than those I suggest.
Never run more than one scan at a time.
Keep updating me regarding your computer behavior, good, or bad.
The cleaning process, once started, has to be completed. Even if your computer appears to act better, it may still be infected. Once the computer is totally clean, I'll certainly let you know.
If you leave the topic without explanation in the middle of a cleaning process, you may not be eligible to receive any more help in malware removal forum.
I close my topics if you have not replied in 5 days. If you need more time, simply let me know. If I closed your topic and you need it to be reopened, simply PM me.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-connected-but-unable-to-run-online-programs-including-browsers.209642/
Relevancy 58.48%

I have been searching everywhere for a solution to this. 9 times out of 10, none of my web browsers will be able to load anything on my laptop. skype works fine, steam works fine, i can still play MMOs, and update my antivirus and malware programs, but none of my browsers will do anything, and every other device in the house can browse web pages fine.

I have tried flushing the DNS, ive tried resetlog.txt, deleting and remaking all my internet connections, running full virus and malware scans, doing system restores to back before the problem started. But still the only two things that have worked so far are running in safe mode with networking, or just turning it off and on again god knows how many times until i get lucky.

A:Connected to internet but unable to access web pages without Safe Mode

Try these steps:
Troubleshoot Application Conflicts by Performing a Clean Startup

When Firefox fails, try IE.

As a test, uninstall Comodo and use MSE.
Microsoft Security Essentials - Microsoft Windows
You can put Comodo back after testing.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/376095-connected-internet-but-unable-access-web-pages-without-safe-mode.html
Relevancy 58.05%

I am unable to print from live mail, internet explorer or photo viewer.

I have reinstalled windows essentials, internet explorer 10. Have checked driver status of my printer and run a scan now for faults in windows.
I can print from Firefox, Excel, Word, Irfanview and Adobe Acrobat reader.
I am completlry baffled now.
Have done some digging in Google and it seems to be a common fault.
Any ideas ????

A:Unable to print from livemail internet explorer or photo viewer

Do you receive an error message? If so, what is the exact text of the error message?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/unable-to-print-from-livemail-internet-explorer-or-photo-viewer-693260.html
Relevancy 58.05%

As shown here:

I connected to HTC Aria Wifi Hotspot and on the task bar it shows full signal.

On the network and sharing center, there was a 'RED CROSS' although it said Access Type : Internet.

After I connected to the Wifi, there wasn't a red cross, it shows up only after I start browsing (for eg i browse on Google), then the red cross shows up but I was still able to browse (only on Google).

If I browsed wikipedia, then after the red cross shows up, I am only able to browse on wikipedia but not other sites.. Can anyone help?

EDIT: My comp is Acer Aspire 4745G, windows 7 home premium on 64-bit Operating System, tried window troubleshooter but no problem was found

A:Wifi shows connected with full signal but unable to surf the internet

Hello,

It says that you are copnnected to two networks. Disable your other network connection or unplug the cable if you are connected via a wire. It probably because it is getting confused about how to access the internet.

If the above fails:
Click Start>Run> type 'cmd'
In the command prompt type 'ipconfig /all'

Post the information on here.
Dave

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/198300-wifi-shows-connected-full-signal-but-unable-surf-internet.html
Relevancy 58.05%

I have never posted on a forum like this before, sorry in advance if there is important info missing.....

I am running Windows XP Home with service pack 3.

I am connected to my wireless network, but I have no network access. (....Currently posting this from my laptop.) In addition, when trying to view 'network connections' the entire field is completely blank and the 'network setup wizard' does nothing to help.
Thanks in advance to everyone that responds!

A:Connected to wireless network & unable to use internet, all posted 'fixes' dont help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connected-to-wireless-network-unable-to-use-internet-all-posted-fixes-dont-help.968553/
Relevancy 52.89%

I am running win98se, and have just recovered from a boot-drive crash. I needed to copy everything over to new drive, including all programs,etc. I am starting to see some minor things that aren't quite right. One such problem, is I can't print or print preview in Word 97. Hitting the print or print preview icon does nothing. Going into file, then down to print/print preview does not bring the print window or the print preview window up. nothing happens. any suggestions? by the way, the printer does work-I am able to print thru other apps. Also, I do not have the orig. install cd for this app. thanks.

A:Unable to print/print preview on word97

Many programs will not work if their files are just copied from one system to another. If that's what you did rather than reinstalling from the installation disks, you're likely going to have several problems.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-print-print-preview-on-word97.760295/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi Guys In our org recently the intranet portal is being launched having webpages built using using - 4C02 Error Printer print error Internet Explorer, to 49. Unable Html amp CSS everything seemed to be working fine until we had this issue of printing via all Internet Explorer browser version Issue Description Couple of symptoms of the issues when trying to print The printer name is invalid res ieframe dll preview js The remote server machine does not exist or is unavailable res ieframe dll preview js Whenever print is fired the printer goes in hung state we have to power off and power on the same Observation The same webpage when we try to print using Mozilla firefox Google chrome there is no issueThe Unable to print using Internet Explorer, Printer error 49. 4C02 - Error print model is HP LaserJet M MFP seriesThe printer is installed using TCP configuration on member server and the printer is shared for client PCs Windows As soon as the print is fired on the server where printer is configured observe event ID which states print was successful Document URL - website owned by UserA was printed on HP LaserJet mfp - IT PCL via port IP nbsp Size in bytes pages printed We also tested the print on several other printer model like Lexmark and the issue is same If the printer Unable to print using Internet Explorer, Printer error 49. 4C02 - Error is configured locally using USB Unable to print using Internet Explorer, Printer error 49. 4C02 - Error and tried to print print is successfulIf we print to XPS doc it prints properly using IE for that pageTried to trace what s happening using netmon when print is fired using IE and below is the screenshot Came across this registry thing while troubleshooting and didn t know how it could relate to the issue while deep diving into netmon logs nbsp nbsp ms REG DWORD LITTLE ENDIAN Action Taken KB nbsp - didn t workedInstalled hotfixes on windows PC KB KB KB didn t workedlogged case with HP Support updated the drivers UPD PS didn t worked still working on it enabled disabled script debugging on IE advanced settings didn t workedturned on off protected mode didn t workedtried running in bit version didn t workedtried running in run as administrator mode didn t workedregistered IE dlls with regards to print didn t workedreinstalled IE didn t worked nbsp It seems when print is fired the job is sent to server and as soon as the server spooled the print job in to printer the printer used to get hung Printer queue would show the status as printing but won t print if we don t cancel the job the printer after powered ON would again go into hung state Would appreciate for your prompt response on the above issue mentioned and do revert for more queries any points step if I have missed nbsp - Charles

A:Unable to print using Internet Explorer, Printer error 49. 4C02 - Error

Thanks guys for your help, the issue seemed to be fixed as it was identified by application team there was some issue(might not be compatible with IE & specific printers) with the font.

The font used in the application was 'Open Sans Light','Open Sans Regular', 'Open Sans Semi Bold' belonging to the 'Open Sans' family of fonts.We downloaded the Webfont from Google FontsWe tried printing the font in the HP printers which caused the 49.4C02 error.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/e1ed1c42-8663-4686-8f93-11b198191cea/unable-to-print-using-internet-explorer-printer-error-49-4c02-error?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 51.17%

Okay I live in the dorms in college well actually they are not the dorms but overflow apartments because the dorms were full not sure if it matters but thought i should add I brought my wireless netgear router with me to wireless room access losing on to Connected dorm internet but router connected school to plug my Ps into and to Connected but losing internet access on wireless router connected to dorm room download certain things the school blocks on the regular wireless internet So I plug my Connected but losing internet access on wireless router connected to dorm room router into the jack in the room and then run wireless to my laptop and wired to my Ps I set up the router and it determined the internet connection is DHCP I set the router to obtain I P and DNS addresses dynamically and it won t work then i set it to use static addresses the address that it picked up dynamically It then works for awhile sometimes a few hours and sometimes less than an hour To get it to work again all I have to do is set it back to dynamic wait a couple minutes and move it back to static When I lose connection my playstation says its a DNS error my roommate plugs his laptop directly into the jack on the wall because he doesn t have a wireless card and he hasn t said anything about losing his connection But once i plugged him into the router he loses his connection just like me I am sure i am forgetting something important if anymore info is needed I will add Please help it is really getting annoying changing the setting on the router nbsp

A:Connected but losing internet access on wireless router connected to dorm room

If you don't use the router at all, does your Internet connection stay active?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connected-but-losing-internet-access-on-wireless-router-connected-to-dorm-room.136082/
Relevancy 51.17%

I have a 2542 hp all in one printer that is connected to my win 7 asus i3 laptop, but wont print. I reinstalled the printer software 5 times, still no luck,but the scan mode works. ive tried almost everthing. my roommate lets me install the software on her laptop that's running win 7, and the wireless conection works good and printing is great on hers.  any ideas how to get the proper connections on my laptop to the printer? thank u

A:wont print while connected

You may need to designate your HP 2542 printer via Control Panel as your default printer.

Go to Control Panel, select Devices and Printers, right-click on the desired printer, and then select "Set as Default Printer".

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/556544/wont-print-while-connected/
Relevancy 51.17%

I thought i was reasonably PC savvy but after reading some of these posts I realise that I have no idea network connected Solved: internet but to Vista wireless connected not - please be gentle I am living in a boarding hostel which has Solved: Vista connected to wireless network but internet not connected a wireless network via Mac Airports which I have connected to - it says that the signal strength is good though it does appear to fluctuate This wireless connection uses a proxy server to connect to the internet so that they have some control over what the students can see My problem is that I can connect to the network but not always to the internet using firefox the internet seems to cut in and out and if it is connected it runs VERY slowly and most often Solved: Vista connected to wireless network but internet not connected times out even when opening something simple like google com What I need to know is how can I tell if this is a PC issue or network issue I Solved: Vista connected to wireless network but internet not connected ran the intel PROset diagnostics tool and it says that the ping test failed no response default gateway DHCP server Some things that I ve tried other computers seem to work fine on the network disabled windows firewall talked to the techs but since they re mac users they weren t familiar with vista and therefire not too much help Ideas on what to do please nbsp

A:Solved: Vista connected to wireless network but internet not connected

got it sorted now) It appears that even though my PC said the signal was strong enough, it wasn't (Vista must need a very stong and consistent wireless connection) After some searching I found that one of the airports in the building had been switched off and even though it was the furthest from my room, it made a big difference when activated...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-vista-connected-to-wireless-network-but-internet-not-connected.726479/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi there I have a weird problem here I have two laptops Laptop A is my personal one using at home Laptop B is my company laptop The problem is about my laptop B When I use my laptop B at work everything works perfectly When I get home this laptop could connect to Skype but just can not browse website I used ping and found that it can only ping IP address instead of websites I first thought that maybe the DNS server was screwed Then I used my laptop A to test Laptop A and Laptop B have the identical settings both use Automatic DHCP server settings on the wireless browse connected is not to but internet connected Laptop , skype can TCP IP are identical Laptop A works fine can ping website and browse websits with a chime I then followed the Instructions and posted the following info and hope someone here could give me some hints BTW I have the genuine windows xp pro cd Laptop connected to wireless , skype is connected but can not browse internet thanks Hui DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by huis at on Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV VirusScan Enterprise AntiSpyware Enterprise On-access scanning enabled Updated A B B- C - -A AB-E DEABF F Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS System WLTRYSVC EXE C WINDOWS System bcmwltry exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe svchost exe C Program Files Broadcom ASFIPMon AsfIpMon exe C WINDOWS system ASTSRV EXE svchost exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C Program Files Cisco Systems VPN Client cvpnd exe C WINDOWS system inetsrv inetinfo exe Laptop connected to wireless , skype is connected but can not browse internet C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files McAfee Common Framework FrameworkService exe C Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise Mcshield exe C Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise VsTskMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HPZ C Program Files Nitro PDF Professional NitroPDFDriverService exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HPZ C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exe C WINDOWS Laptop connected to wireless , skype is connected but can not browse internet system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Microsoft Virtual Server vmh exe C WINDOWS system vmnat exe C Program Files VMware VMware Player vmware-authd exe C WINDOWS system vmnetdhcp exe C WINDOWS system CCM CcmExec exe C WINDOWS system msiexec exe C WINDOWS system sessmgr exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files TortoiseSVN bin TSVNCache exe C Program Files Apoint Apoint exe C WINDOWS stsystra exe C Program Files Apoint HidFind exe C WINDOWS system WLTRAY exe C Program Files Apoint Apntex exe C Program Files Roxio Drag-to-Disc DrgToDsc exe C WINDOWS system ICO EXE C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DX PDVDDXSrv exe C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise SHSTAT EXE C Program Files Google Google Pinyin GooglePinyinDaemon exe C Program Files McAfee Common Framework udaterui exe C Program Files McAfee Common Framework McTray exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Communicator communicator exe C Program Files VMware VMware Player hqtray exe C Program Files Common Files Research In Motion Auto Update RIMAutoUpdate exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService ISUSPM exe C Program Files Red Gate SQL Prompt RedGate SQLPrompt TrayApp exe C Program Files MagicDisc MagicDisc exe C virusRemoval dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp mpsharepoint it default aspx BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO Spybot-S am... Read more

A:Laptop connected to wireless , skype is connected but can not browse internet

bump please

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/laptop-connected-to-wireless-skype-is-connected-but-can-not-browse-internet-420049.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I just recently installed Win7 on a newly built computer for my parents, and HP got me the right drivers for Win7 64 bit and all, but the printer never prints. All the documents just sits in the printer queue of the printer. What could be wrong with it?

Also, I installed a Lexmark Z110 series printer on my desktop, Win7 64bit, got it to be detected and all, but still it doesn't print either. Won't even do a test page or nothing.

A:HP Printer connected and all, but doesn't print.

If Windows 7 drivers were never offcially made for your printer than it won't work correctly despite Windows 7 installing what it thought were the correct drivers. Printer drivers for new Op systems are typically slow to come about.

I can't get my old Dell printer to work either despite that fact that Win7 attempted to install drivers for it. Dell never even made Vista 64 drivers for my printer so Win7 one's will just never happen.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/27842-hp-printer-connected-all-but-doesnt-print.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I have two computers connected wirelessly to a router One is a Mac running OSX and one is a PC running Windows Vista The router is an Apple AirPort Extreme Base Station I have a printer connected to the router with a USB connected Cannot print to to printer router cable Both computers can successfully connect to the internet and they both can print to the network printer A third computer is connected to this network a new PC running Cannot print to printer connected to router Windows It can successfully connect to the internet via the router but I cannot print to the network printer Cannot print to printer connected to router The printer driver was installed automatically in the new PC by connecting the printer directly to the PC via USB cable The printer worked fine when it was connected directly But when I reconnected the printer to the router the new PC does not print I have gone to Control Panel Devices and Printers right-clicked the printer selected Printer properties clicked the Sharing tab and made sure that share this printer is checked The printer is set as the default printer I have tried to find a solution in SevenForums and other user groups but no luck Any help is greatly appreciated

A:Cannot print to printer connected to router

When you install a network printer, you can't plug it into the printer via USB and then disconnect it, hoping it will work. Windows will still look for the USB connection - it doesn't know the printer is connected to a router.

Since the printer is connected to an Apple router, hopefully the router instructions will explain how to get the printer sharing to work. I'm sure there's going to be something about creating a tcp/ip port, but I don't know for certain.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/243517-cannot-print-printer-connected-router.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Wow, I typed a message and it disappeared. I will try again. My printer connected to a Dynex modem quit. I plugged the printer into my lap top with a cable from the printer. The lap top can't find the printer plugged into the cable. Can someone help me please.

Lawcorner

A:Cant Print from lap top directly connected by cable? Please Help.

Did you install the drivers for the printer

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/236169-cant-print-lap-top-directly-connected-cable-please-help.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I have a problem with one of our users she can t print after returning from a presentation last week where she had taken her laptop with her and used it for a powerpoint presentation Now in the office she cannot print to any of her network printers And when we try to connect to one through add printer wizard it just says quot searching quot in the list where all the printers for there office would be listed and it seems as though nothing is showing up Her laptop is configured to connect to a workgroup ie workgroup and so she is not Solved: domain?? if connected to sure Cant print: NOt connected to our domain ie workgroup on Solved: Cant print: NOt sure if connected to domain?? ca However before going to her presentation last week she was able to print to the network printer She is using win XP pro and therefore her O S is picking up her printers the error she gets when printing out a excel document for example is Error your file could not be printed due to an error on ms office live meeting document writer on Ne there are several reasons - not enough memory - if your on a network could be a network problem or printer driver problem - loose cable or printer problem The only printer listed in her printer list is ms live meeting printer which is one we dont use She cant print anything not just the excel file and she is the only one is the office who is having a printer problem She can connect to the Internet and access her email Thank you all appreciate all your help nbsp

A:Solved: Cant print: NOt sure if connected to domain??

PS.

She can press the plus (+) button in add printer wizard when shes connected to our domain, and then connect to a printer and then print. BUT, when her laptop is configured to connect to a workgroup ex: ont_lung, when she tries to press the plus (+) button in add printer wizard, no printers are listed under the computers that would normally show a printer???

I would resolve this problem by letting her connect to our domain, the only problem is that, when she is connected to our domain, and logs in with a domain account, she cannot access her files/folders which she was using, when logging in with just a normal computer login (not domain account). When she tries accessing those files, it says "cannot access these files."

???

Help anyone??? Thank you

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cant-print-not-sure-if-connected-to-domain.406724/
Relevancy 50.31%

Since about 2-3 days ago I been getting in the icon tray the PC and a big red X icon meaning not connected to the internet but the thing is I am connected if I hover over it, it will say connected. I have no idea what the problem could be I'm just hoping I'm not infected by any virus.

System information
Gateway
Intel Core i3 530 / 2.93 GHz
6.0GB of Ram
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic 64-bit Edition

A:Internet Icon tray shows "not connected" but I am connected

Hi Negotron,Found a possible answer on Microsoft Answers for you Microsoft Answers Red X on NetworkHope this helps

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/455237/internet-icon-tray-shows-not-connected-but-i-am-connected/
Relevancy 49.88%

I read the suggestions in the Drivers forum a long time ago and felt technically unable to go ahead with any (instead I added an HP OfficeJet). I wasn't sure if they were talking about just printing to an HP 4+, or if any addressed my problem, or if it mattered.

My HP Laserjet 4+ is connected to my XP desktop computer. I want to be able to also use it to print from my Windows 7 laptop.

One of the suggestions involved using a Sabrent SBT-UPPC (parallel cable?). It didn't explain how to use it (from where to where). There are two cables connected to my LaserJet 4+. One goes to the back of my XP desktop. The other goes to a surge protector. I don't know if it matters, but there's also a Netgear router involved.

I would like now to get the Sabrent cable ($40 in-store at Staples, $10-$12 online at Walmart and BestBuy !?!). From where to where should it be connected?

A:Win7 laptop/print to XP-connected Laserjet 4+

I went to Staples and was told by the technician that I didn't need a new cable. He said that what stvdot and vent were talking about was simply getting Windows 7 to work with a Laserjet 4+ printer. He said the only way that I could get my Windows 7 laptop to print on the old printer was to 1) connect directly to it, or 2) enable printer sharing.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/293215-win7-laptop-print-xp-connected-laserjet-4-a.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Upgraded simple pass soft ware and since then says that the finger print reader not connected though on start up the finger print reader does flash but if I swipe my finger over it just stops. it doesn't flash at any other time than start up. Gone into device manager and up dated reader driver for it but made no difference also in device manger is says it's operating ok.  Help please?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/SimplePass-saying-Finger-Print-reader-not-connected/td-p/5607504
Relevancy 49.88%

Since I bought this laptop i didnt understand anything in it but when i upgraded to windows 10 i understood but one problem installed hp secuirty client and finger print driver and it worked fine for 1 week but suddenly the finger print and bluetooth device disconnected and cant be detected   http://imgur.com/vPgViM6 Please help me i dont know what to do and i really wanted to work again both 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Problem-with-Finger-Print-Reader-NOT-Connected/td-p/5688108
Relevancy 49.88%

I have an officejet 5610 connected to an XP computer. I created a port on the Win 7 machine that points to the XP machine, but the Win 7 asks for the correct driver. I attempted to install all of the stuff from HP as that is all that is available, in order to get it a driver and it did something, but it still will not print. Win 7 sees the printer, but will not connect. Suggestions?

Relevancy 49.45%

Got a weird one.
Previously to print a internet document page I pressed CONTROL + P, a form appeared with the word PRINT near top, I clicked on PRINT and then the Printer printed the page.

But now, when I do the CONTROL + P the form appears, the word PRINT blinks for a moment and is replaced by the word SAVE>

Now I have to go through about 7 separate steps to get the machine to send the page to the Printer, as follows:
1- Click on SAVE
2-next form....select My Documents and type in a file name to which the page will be saved
3 Go to My Document folder
4-Find File Name in My Documents and click on it
5- Click on open space adjacent to file now on the screen
6- Click on PRINT, located in lower right of screen

A:Print a page from internet document7- Up comes the Print List

Hello and Welcome.....

Please see this topic below, and follow the directions on "How to post a Speccy Link"
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/602174/automatic-update-dll-wuauengdll-in-svchost-causes-high-cpu-usage/#entry3909617

Have you changed or replaced your Printer recently, and check Device Manager for any ( !  or  ? ) marks near the Printer ..

Thank You...
EDIT -
This is a shot I just took of mine while online..I also use Ctrl + p.

Print.JPG   33.09KB
  0 downloads

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/602410/print-a-page-from-internet-document7-up-comes-the-print-list/
Relevancy 49.45%

I have lots of network choices for my laptop. I used my neighbor's network for the meantime. The signal is good but not as perfect as the old one I'm using here. Everytime I turned my pc on it connects me straight to my old wireless connection. The PRIVATE-PC on the network setting said connecte to it. But the globe grafix(internet) is not connected. But with other network I can get through. But not this one.I'm using vista home premium. Pls help.

A:Laptop is connected to network but can not get connected to the internet

please do not duplicate posts
continue here
http://forums.techguy.org/networking/879485-laptop-connected-network-but-can.html
where you have a reply
closing this one

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-is-connected-to-network-but-can-not-get-connected-to-the-internet.879487/
Relevancy 49.45%

I have lots of network choices for my laptop. I used my neighbor's network for the meantime. The signal is good but not as perfect as the old one I'm using here. Everytime I turned my pc on it connects me straight to my old wireless connection. The PRIVATE-PC on the network setting said connecte to it. But the globe grafix(internet) is not connected. But with other network I can get through. But not this one. Pls help.

A:Laptop is connected to network but can not get connected to the internet

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-is-connected-to-network-but-can-not-get-connected-to-the-internet.879485/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi,

I'm sure this question has been asked multiple times because I myself have read countless posts trying to figure out my problem and solve it, but nothing has seemed to work for me. I have an HP G60-230US laptop and a Linksys router. It says my laptop is connected to linksys but it has a limited connection. It will not connect to the Internet and I can't open the Internet at all. I got an error saying that it was unable to communicate with the Primary DNS Server but I'm pretty clueless as to how to go about fixing this.

Thanks in advance!

Relevancy 49.45%

Upgraded simple pass soft ware and since then says that the finger print reader not connected though on start up the finger print reader does flash but if I swipe my finger over it just stops. it doesn't flash at any other time than start up. Gone into device manager and up dated reader driver for it but made no difference also in device manger is says it's operating ok.  Help please?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Soft-touch-saying-Finger-Print-reader-not-connected/td-p/5607504
Relevancy 49.02%

I set up the printer (HL-2270DW) following all instructions. It is listed under Devices and Printers with my other printers, but not under Printers. I cannot set it as default printer in Devices and Printers.

When I go to printers -> add new printer -> wireless printer it is found, but it says installation failed when I try to install it. I got no errors following brother's instructions, can connect to the printer settings wirelessly but cannot print.

Any ideas?

A:Brother Wireless Laser Printer - Installed, connected but cannot print

Interestingly, I just found that my windows 8 tablet can see and print from it fine. I configured it from my windows 7 desktop though, and this is where the problems are happening.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/343490-brother-wireless-laser-printer-installed-connected-but-cannot-print.html
Relevancy 49.02%

For years I had never problems to print using a network printer attached to USB print server port of an US Robotics router My home network has two Win PC and two XP all from Dell Few days ago only the Windows computers send printings to spooler queue where they get stuck I worked several days on this argument doing many attempts I have investigated installation problems so as permissions spooler firewall and antivirus drivers latest available system files corruption or similar problems etc without any good result If I move the printer to Windows computers local USB the printer installs immediately and prints The Router network wont anymore connected printer print network is OK fixed IPs and I had no problems on sharing folders etc on W and XP computers I googled every possible discussion so as on Microsoft and Dell forums no success I am not a newbie on IT stuff but I am unable to understand why suddenly the W computers are unable to address the printer Its network address is fixed by the router printers Samsung and has Router connected network printer wont print anymore been so for years Thanks for your time

A:Router connected network printer wont print anymore

Quote: Originally Posted by Manlio

For years I had never problems to print using a network printer attached to USB print server port of an US Robotics router. My home network has two Win 7 PC and two XP, all from Dell. Few days ago only the Windows 7 computers send printings to spooler queue where they get stuck. I worked several days on this argument, doing many attempts.
I have investigated installation problems so as permissions, spooler, firewall and antivirus, drivers (latest available), system files corruption or similar problems etc., without any good result.
If I move the printer to Windows 7 computers local USB, the printer installs immediately and prints.
The network is OK (fixed IPs) and I had no problems on sharing folders etc on W7 and XP computers.
I googled every possible discussion, so as on Microsoft and Dell forums, no success. I am not a newbie on IT stuff but I am unable to understand why, suddenly the W7 computers are unable to address the printer. Its network address is fixed by the router (192.168.1.1:1631/printers/Samsung) and has been so for years.
Thanks for your time

Hi Manlio,

Welcome to Seven forums.

Please let us know which printer model is the one you are using over network. Also, let us know the if you are able to printer wirelessly from the XP system.

Check this link below to reset the spooler service which should help you resolve this issue:

Print Spooler Queue - Clear and Reset

Keep us posted with the results so we can advise you further.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/308525-router-connected-network-printer-wont-print-anymore.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I have Internet Serviec throug At amp t its not wireless Originally when i got the internet i Network Not Internet Connected, Connected Had a desktop computer that it was set up on Since then I have aquired an Xbox and ASUS Notebook I went and bout a wireless Belkin Router so i could connect all three A month or so later the desktop computer which was about yrs old and had no virus protection DIED I just unconnected it from the wall now the modem AT amp T is connected to the wall phone jack the Xbox is conected by and HD connection cable to Belkin Router and My laptop is wirelessly connected we have had good connection for about months to a year Recently i have been having problems with connection and speed Ill be online connected and when clicking on say another web page it gives me the Error page where it states not Network Connected, Internet Not Connected connected to internet and has the option to quot Diagnose connection problems quot when I diagnosed it it states quot there may be a problem with your domain Server Connection name DNS quot Ive tried doing some reasearch since usually i can fix minor computer issues alone but im at a loss here The connection has been disrupted on the Xbox as well of which it states to shut down te router for sec and restarts works but keeps happening nbsp

A:Network Connected, Internet Not Connected

Well, since both machines are experiencing issues, my guess is you have modem or ISP issues. Do this with a wired connection from the laptop to eliminate wireless issues.

Register at DSLReports and run their Line Quality Tests. It's best to run this test with a direct wired connection to eliminate any wireless issues from the results. It's useful many times to run this test several times, and we'd like to see each of the results. Post the results link from the top of the test display page for each test run here.

The link to post is near the top of the page and looks like:

If you wish to post this result to a forum, please copy/paste this URL
http://www.dslreports.com/linequality/nil/2357195 <- sample only, yours will obviously be different!
and your IP will be disguised.

Copy/paste that link here.

Note: You will have to enable PING (ICMP) request response either in your router (if you have one), or in your computer's firewall for direct modem connections. This is very important to get the most important part of the test to run.
DSLReports

Here's also the Line Quality Tests FAQ to help you understand the results. This will answer some questions about the line quality display.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-connected-internet-not-connected.958142/
Relevancy 47.73%

i have windows xp, i also have a dial up connection at home. the dial up worked fine until i took my computer to work to download a game from the high speed net there. when i got the computer home ii hooked it back up and dialed up it connected then i tried to view my webpage. it said page cant be displayed. my downloader was disconnected to. i had all the signs i was not connected to the internet but i was. i called my isp provider and they told me my ip address was gone on my computer. they tried some stuff but none of it worked they told me to call hp and have them help me setup a new ip address but my warranty is up so it cost to much for their help. can one of u guys help me with this im desperate.

Relevancy 47.73%

I recently got a computer from my brother-in-law that he wasnt using anymore. When I got it up and running (he forgot his windows password and I had to bypass it) I plugged my internet cord into and it displayed the message Limited or No Connectivity. It was set to the automatic settings for DCHP and IP. So I used the IP address and settings from my other computer on the one I was trying to get running. After I put the IP address in it says connected but when you try to load a web page it acts as if it is not connected. Also, when I click repair connection when it's limited or no connectivity it cant renew the IP address and just assigns the 169 IP. When I click repair connection on the "connected" settings it says "cant clear ARP cache. Any help with this problem would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Relevancy 47.3%

Ok so I'll take you guys to the beginning so bare with me I torrented a game off piratebay and my stupid me just clicked yes and the torrent came with a BUNCH of viruses malware After using malwarebytes to clear them all I had regular internet for a while Then the next day a yellow exclamation mark appeared on my wifi bar connected wirelessly btw I tried restarting my router troubleshooting etc and none of them worked to get my internet back I am currently discussing it with my IT teacher but so far he hasn't responded yet so I figured I'd ask more than one person for help so I turned to this website Moving on with my story I tried many website advices that similar people had problems with but none not messed but v2.0(more connected Connected internet to to internet up) of them really solved it Then I tried system restore I restored my pc before the day I installed the torrent I felt so happy that the yellow exclamation mark wasn't there anymore So to celebrate I decided to open up skype chrome and some League of legends That's where things got worse Chrome didn't detect my internet and so did skype and league of legends but my firefox and Connected to internet but not connected to internet v2.0(more messed up) steam and battle net connected fine I'm even playing hearthstone as we speak I also got a nasty pop up that says Attention Your browser may be infected with malware Apparently it's not much of a threat but it can be annoying since I can't move it or remove it with task manager or even by right clicking on it I tried using Avast Browser Clean up to remove it advice from a website but Avast detected no internet So for now I am stuck with this annoying pop up OK moving on I am currently another scan on malwarebytes but so far no threats detected I don't know if its my wireless wire that connects my router to my pc or it's just hardware problems Please halp Edit Moved topic from Networking to the more appropriate forum as suggested by staff Animal

A:Connected to internet but not connected to internet v2.0(more messed up)

I am going to have this moved to the Am I Infected forum. Once your clear of any infections and you still need help please post another topic here. 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/611665/connected-to-internet-but-not-connected-to-internet-v20more-messed-up/
Relevancy 47.3%

My laptop is sony vaio..... Lan is connected to internet. If i do ping www.xyz.com in command mode.then its relying......but any explorer(internet explorer, mozilla, chrome) is not geeting internet connection....i checked firewall option......it was on.....i tryied with off option...but it is not working..i did uninstall anti virus.......there is an antivirus norton internet security , it is not getting uninstalled.....i deleted from registy. But it is still in program menu......
Could any one please help me....... I m stuck.....

A:LAN connected to internet but any explorer not getting connected to internet

The two things I would try are first, download and run the Norton Removal Tool. I have seen countless Norton uninstalls not work properly and cause this problem. If that doesn't work, go to Control Panel>Internet Options. Click on the Connections tab then on the button that says LAN settings. Everything here should be unchecked (unless you are intentionally using a proxy server). Malware often messes with these settings and once the malware is gone, your internet connection stops working properly. If you do find something checked, run a scan with malwarebytes and maybe post in the malware forum.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lan-connected-to-internet-but-any-explorer-not-getting-connected-to-internet.1005157/
Relevancy 46.44%

Cannot connect to internet,diagnostics say 1 or more network proticals missing on your computer? Can you help please

A:Unable to get connected

See if this helps.Why Can't I Connect?http://www.softpedia.com/get/Networ...http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/det...https://www.whycanticonnect.com/http://sourceforge.net/projects/wci...https://www.whycanticonnect.com/ind...

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-xp/unable-to-get-connected/203597.html
Relevancy 46.44%

my macbooks laptop will not connect to internet.

A:unable to get connected

We can not help you here. This is the Microsoft support portion of TSF. I will move this thread to the Mac portion for you. Please give them a detailed description of the issues so they can better assist you.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f65/unable-to-get-connected-660200.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi everyone Signed up for this Connected but unable to browse account just to ask this question cause I ve tried almost everything but nothing is working for me You see my wireless connection indicates that Connected but unable to browse I am connected with Excellent Strength but when I open any site it doesn t let me and says that the system is Connected but unable to browse offline I tried MSN and the troubleshoot tells me that Default Gateway is offline but I have no idea how to fix that I did an ipconfig all and it is as follows Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings Bryan Wang gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Bryan Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List Belkin Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Belkin Description Atheros AR EG Wireless Network Ad apter Physical Address - - B- - A- Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask IP Address fe bff fe a Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff Lease Obtained January Lease Expires January Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Realtek RTL E Family PCI-E Fast E thernet NIC Physical Address - - B- - - D Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF Dhcp Enabled No IP Address fe ffff ffff fffd Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Automatic Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Belkin Description Automatic Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address C -A - - Dhcp Enabled No IP Address fe efe Default Gateway DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Really desperate and would appreciate all of your help Thank you in advance -Bryan nbsp

Relevancy 46.01%

Hi Everyone i updated my laptop to Windows and I have been unable to print to PDF I have tried using Adobe Acrobat Cute PDF Writer and PDFlite All of them have an error which varies per application however they all generally say they are unable to print For example if I try to print to any of the above programs while in Microsoft Office it states Windows cannot print due to a problem with the current printer setup Try one or more of the following Check the printer by printing a test page from Windows make sure the printer is turned on to to PDF Unable print and online Reinstall the printer driver I can print perfectly to any physical printer of my network So I know it isn't the Print Spooler I have uninstalled and reinstalled everything Including Office Adobe Acrobat CutePDf Writer and PDFlite I deleted all of the printers and re-installed I have even tried using paint and when I try to print the file to a PDF an error appears stating Could not start print job A few interesting notes After updating all of my printers were not appearing in the Devices and Printers screen in the settings After reinstalling printers I noticed that old printers were still available if when printing something I would click select a printer I am not positive but I believe I may have a conflict of printers or two printers on the same port I since then while within Microsoft Office Unable to print to PDF at the select a printer screen deleted the old printers which didn't work Let me know if you have any ideas Thank you -Jon

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/49177-unable-print-pdf.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I recently had windows 10 on my computer and tried to install HP Officejet 6500 E709 on my computer, It will not install and I am unable to print. How do I solve this problem?

A:Unable to print

Hi, Please use the following instructions:      http://support.hp.com/nz-en/document/c04714314 You may have to re-install software and drivers. Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Unable-to-print/td-p/5602738
Relevancy 46.01%

suddenly I can't print when I use firefox as my browser. I can print from IE and I can print files off my hard drive but not from firefox?? Suggestions please

A:unable to print

try deleting the files in your firefox cache. tools- clear private data

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f131/unable-to-print-275492.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi

I am unable to print anything in window vista. previously I used to print. but few days back i have installed an optional windows update. in the middle of the installation system got restarted. from then i am not able to print anything. recently i bought a HP laser jet 1018 printer. i have downloaded hp printer drivers for vista from hp site. while installation it is not detecting this printer.

now my old printer i.e. lexmark and new printer hp are not working.

my laptop usb ports are working fine. i am using them for my jump drive and other external devices like webcam and external hdds.

please help me in resolving this.

thanks,
Hari G

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-print.679268/
Relevancy 46.01%

I am unable to print web pages in IE 11 on my Win 8.1 machine.

Although I use Fire-Fox on the Web, I need the IE xx in order to use third party SW (MoneyManagerEX); used for accounting.

I am sure it is an issue with the IE 11 & Win 8.1 combination, but am finding no help from MS & other sites.

Please advise.

System: Win 8.1, 6.3.9600, 64 bit
Acer, Aspire XC-603G
Intel Celeron 1900, 1.9 GH
4.0 G memory

Thanks

A:Unable to Print from IE 11 on Win 8.1

My first advice is to tell us some details. Do you have a printer installed? Can you print anything from this system? If so, what is the problem with IE printing (any error message?)?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-print-from-ie-11-on-win-8-1.1157536/
Relevancy 46.01%

Good Afternoon I was once able to print from laptop to print Unable but for more than a year now I have not been able to Attempt to resolve this has failed thus bringing me to you wonderful people SYSTEMDell Vostro AmD Athlon x XP Home Edition vs Service pack Wireless connection to Linksys WRT N Usual use approx ft from router Internet service Cable Printer is USB connected to Host PCPrinter sharing is ON host OFF on othersWindows Firewall is ON sharing is checked under exceptions tabNetwork PCs are unable to see each other Cannot find shared files folders from Host PC on my laptop and vice versa Unable to print Based on what I have Unable to print been reading my instincts tell me the fix is simple Unfortunately I am unable to find the problem Leaning towards a setting in the Router but that stuff is very greek to me Not sure what to change Please help much appreciated NOTE some of the error msgs occurred while resolving a rogue problem MiniToolBox by Farbar Version - - Ran by Michelle administrator on - - at Microsoft Windows XP Home Unable to print Edition Service Pack X Boot Mode Normal IE Proxy Settings Proxy is not enabled No Proxy Server is set Hosts content localhost www guard com guard com i com www k com k com www hq com hq com com www com com www scan com scan com gratisproben com www gratisproben com namen com www namen com www cs com cs comThere are more lines starting with quot quot IP Configuration Dell Wireless Draft n WLAN Mini-Card Wireless Network Connection Connected Broadcom x Integrated Controller Local Area Connection Media disconnected ---------------------------------- Interface IP Configuration ---------------------------------- pushd interface ip Interface IP Configuration for quot Local Area Connection quot set address name quot Local Area Connection quot source dhcp set dns name quot Local Area Connection quot source dhcp register PRIMARYset wins name quot Local Area Connection quot source dhcp Interface IP Configuration for quot Wireless Network Connection quot set address name quot Wireless Network Connection quot source dhcp set dns name quot Wireless Network Connection quot source dhcp register PRIMARYset wins name quot Wireless Network Connection quot source dhcppopd End of interface IP configurationWindows IP Configuration Host Name MLAPTOP Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled NoEthernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Broadcom x Integrated Controller Physical Address - D- -C -AF- Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Dell Wireless Draft n WLAN Mini-Card Physical Address - F- A- -CE- Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Lease Obtained Thursday July AM Lease Expires Friday July AMServer cache insightbb comAddress Name google comAddresses Pinging google com with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average msServer cache insightbb comAddress Name yahoo comAddresses Pinging yahoo com with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average msServer cache insightbb comAddress Name bleepingcomputer comAddress Pinging bleepingcomputer com with bytes of data Reply from Destination host unreachable Reply from Destination host unreachable Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average msPinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time - ms TTL Reply from bytes time - ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum - ms Maximum - ms ... Read more

Have you verified that all computers are in the same workgroup?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-vista/join-or-create-a-workgroup

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/462588/unable-to-print/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hey guys

I'm unable to print from my Windows 8 based PC. When printing from any program eventually I get told that there was an unknown error while printing. Printer is a Xerox 6130N. I've used the Windows driver and also the Xerox driver for Windows 7, same result. I initially thought it might be because I upgraded from Windows 7 but my laptop with a clean Win 8 install displays the same problem. Oddly enough I can print a test page from the printer properties screen just fine. Device Manager lists the device as "working properly."

Matt

OK, I managed to get basic printing working this morning. For anyone having the same issue, manually adding the printer driver on whatever port (usually USB:0001 or similar) as a "Xerox PS Color Class Driver" seems to work. Replace the driver when prompted.

Matt

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/7640-unable-print.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I have a problem with my printer and wonder if anyone could help. I have a Dell Dimension 8400 and a Dell AIO 922 printer connected to it. Whilst completing an application form today I thought I would try and print the job spec from Adobe, however nothing happened. I then tried to print from MS Word and again nothing.

I've checked to see if the printed is set as the default and it is. I've unistalled and then reinstalled it and still the problem is not solved.

Does anyone have any idea what the problem could be?

Relevancy 46.01%

Hi guys,

I wasn't quite sure where to post this so I'll put it here

My mother bought a cooking ebook, in PDF format and in 7 parts. They came with a password to view which is understandable, but printing is restricted.

My mum doesn't really think taking her laptop in the kitchen is a very practical method of reading it, and so naturally she asked me to try and find a way around this restriction.

I'm clueless, so any help would be appreciated. As I said I have the password to actually open the PDF and it was all legitimately acquired so I don't see the problem in asking a question of this nature.

Thanks in advance.

A:Unable to print PDF

Err....Skype, there are several ways around that problem but the ethical thing in this would be to contact the book vendor and ask for help. There must be a specific reason why printing is restricted on those books.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/175820-unable-print-pdf.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi team,

Unable to send emails when connected to vpn.
if vpn is disconnected can able to send receive mails but when connected to vpn Unable to send emails.
from outlook or any other mail.

A:Unable to send emails when connected to vpn

Sounds right. VPN stands for Virtual Private Network. When you have a VPN connection, you're no longer connected to your local network or your ISP's servers. You're on the VPN network. Not surprising that your e-mail provider doesn't support connections from other locations / servers.

If your VPN connection is work-related, don't do personal stuff while you're connected. If it's a personal VPN, why are you using it? You'll have to use webmail while you are.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-send-emails-when-connected-to-vpn.1068936/
Relevancy 45.58%

I moved recently and changed my ISP. I had Time Warner before and never had any issues with xbox live. But now I cannot join any online games, even though it says I am connected to xbox live. It says there are no sessions available. And when I try to use the Live Marketplace I get this message:

"cant retrieve information from xbox live.
please try again later.

status code: 807B01F4"

I have:

Hughes HN9000 modem

Netgear WNR2000V2 router

I'm using a wired connection to my xbox 360, and I've never had issues with the router. None of the computers in the house have trouble with internet connectivity. I tried connecting the xbox directly to the modem and it still has the same problem.

A:connected but unable to use xbox live

if it all worked before with the same hardware - i would have a discussion with your new ISP and see if they have blocked any ports for gaming

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connected-but-unable-to-use-xbox-live.966216/
Relevancy 45.58%

My system XP Home w service pack gig ram DFI Infinity II motherboard with USB I got to harddrive connected Unable format USB a good deal on a brand new Seagate gig harddrive and attached it to my computer as a USB mass storage device using a USB to ATA PCI adapter which has its own power supply connection Questions When I try to format the drive with the administrative tools it goes thru the whole format process and then at the end I get the message quot Windows is unable to format quot or something similar The drive shows up as healthy with a gig partition in admin tools and when I click on the drive icon in quot My computer quot I get the message that the drive is unformatted and asks to format Seems this should work Maybe missing some key update or software I scoured the internet for solutions but have been unable to find any Right now the drive is just sitting on my desk next to the monitor Do I need any heat disipation or dust containment Thanks in advance for any help nbsp

A:Unable to format USB connected harddrive

On the desktop, rightclick on My Computer, select Manage, then under Storage select either Disk Management or Removable Storage, wherever that USB-drive is visible.
Rightclick that drive. You need to PARTITION that drive first, before you can FORMAT it.
The options for that should be visible on the popup.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-format-usb-connected-harddrive.32389/
Relevancy 45.58%

I have an Acer laptop with Vista and IE7, a few days ago it stopped printing from webpages, it happily prints from other programs so it doesn't appear to be a printer problem. I installed Firefox and it happily prints websites so I am baffled,
I have reloaded the printer drivers and reset IE7 to no avail.
Has anyone any suggestions?

A:Unable to print webpages

try deleting your temporary internet files.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/unable-to-print-webpages-249322.html
Relevancy 45.58%

We've been unable to print from ms word 97. There's no problem printing from open office writer. We're using windows xp pro and have a samsung printer ml-2250. The printer port is lpt1.

Help appreciated.

Relevancy 45.58%

System WindowsXP SP Quicken Dell Dimension new Canon BJC printer year from print to Quicken unable HP -in-one scanner printer copier Problem In Quicken this is the season to print year end reports for compiling records for Income Tax unable to print from Quicken Quicken compiles the reports without difficulty but will not print from them In contrast Word prints well but it is necessary to go down menu to Canon BJC to get it to do so When I go to print one of unable to print from Quicken my Quicken reports I get first the usual window with a variety of options The print options are four in number Canon BJC on ASCII Disk File Tab-delimited Disk File PRN Disk file The latter three seem to quot print quot to a file for storage on hard drive The first seems ok but unable to print from Quicken my printer will not respond to it I am unable to change the quot quot to quot quot In fact I can not change it to anything for example neither to the quot quot nor to the HP psc I d prefer to use the Canon if possible My question is first can you tell me how to get the Canon to respond either by relabeling or in some other way If it won t how do I get the HP to respond By the way I ve been both to Canon support and Intuit support The former at least is genial but not helpful the latter is their typical to you attitude and of course never helpful Geezer nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-print-from-quicken.328334/
Relevancy 45.58%

I am a competent computer user I recently upgraded from 7 upgrading win print from to 8 win unable after to win to win Since then I have tried everything I can think of to get unable to print after upgrading from win 7 to win 8 my printer an HP CP to print unable to print after upgrading from win 7 to win 8 for me but have been unable to do so When windows searches for the printer it doesn't find it However I manually installed it using the windows update service and it shows as an available printer in the devices and windows screen It is set up as USB virtual port correctly It worked well on this in win When I try to print the job flashes on the 'see what's printing' window for only part of a second and then disappears However the job never actually reaches the printer which stays on 'ready to print' As part of my troubleshooting techniques I tried using the HP DOT print device which appeared as a port choice If I use this option the print job appears on the 'see what's printing' window as 'printing' which then changes to 'printing-error' Interestingly the printer does make a noise or two during this process but doesn't print anything I have win on another computer and if I hook the printer up to that computer it prints fine so the problem is definitely win upgrade related I have unininstalled reinstalled rebooted retried etc etc all to no avail Help would be appreciated If I can't get this printer to print under win I will be returning the software and returning to win on this computer Allanah

A:unable to print after upgrading from win 7 to win 8

You probably already know this but there doesn't appear to be any specific Win 8 drivers for you printer. I have also seen others report a similar problem. You may want to contact HP support about this issue.

HP Color Inkjet cp1700 Printer series*-* Download drivers and software - HP Business Support Center

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/22396-unable-print-after-upgrading-win-7-win-8-a.html