Windows Support Forum

Compatible Mother Board!

Q: Compatible Mother Board!

hi i upgraded my computer to 640 MB RAM and 1ghz Processor (P3)

i want to buy new motherboard that will be compatible with my ram which is PC133 166PiN. Also can carry any Processors and Max Gfx. Please thankzzz
Can you giv me some Links from ebay or somewere

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Compatible Mother Board!

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 30.53%

Hi techspotters it has come time to modify my old rig I m planning to upgrade the cpu without changing my motherboard but there is a slight risk involved that the purchase I am going to make is with CPU board AM3+ AM3 faul So back to basics My current MB M A TD PRO AM3 board with AM3+ CPU USB - link Current CPU Phenom t oc running ghz Current RAM EVOleggera x running underclocked mhz the one to upgrade to AMD FX -- So this is a basic operation a cpu swap but few questions popped up on the research phase M A TD is a AM board which apparently after some searching supports some of the FX series cpus that are AM I have also found the corresponding BIOS that I need to flash myself to to make it work properly and be recognized by the MB link Q amp A FX is known to support mhz RAM speeds my existing RAM runs max at without overclock and is placed x which occupies all slots and might confuse the FX which supports dualchannel as usual Meaning I will need to leave my RAM running at mhz how big will the reduce be in the performance of the CPU- mhz vs When setting up the proceccor I will need to disable the Turbocore to make it stable on the older AM board which only supports cpu speeds up to ghz and the fx on turbo bumps to ghz After disabling turbo all cores are set to run at which by research is the most stable option on my existing MB Will FX bottleneck gtx or gtx and how bad it is going to be Upgrading hardware is always nice but am I making bold move by upgrading a year old cpu to almost as old one And if someone with more knowledge can state me that there is no performance gain to be maid I just might stick with my old as long as its still breathing and calculating Thanks in advance for replys And no changing an motherboard is not an option So fond of my old rig best regards m nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/am3-board-with-am3-cpu.214400/
Relevancy 29.24%

Evening, all

I bought an interesting little Single Board Computer as an mITX motherboard (a WADE-8020, more info at the link below):

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Portwell-...766?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a9b75151e

I have another similar board in an old Hoojum Cubit 3 case, and was wondering if anyone might have any other suggestions for a similarly eye-catching case, probably ready-made, though I'm not averse to either buying a DIYed case, or maybe trying to make one myself (I have a Dremel but not much else, and that includes skill )

Cheers, Jon.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/case-suggestions-for-industrial-mitx-board.213745/
Relevancy 27.95%

Hello I apologize in advance for my almost complete lack of computer knowledge That said my PC was built for me by one of the IT guys at work who has since moved on I can t scare him card Good with Windows 7? graphics compatible up from his last known email addy So I m sort of out there drifting on this stuff trying to find any help I can The PC is connected to the home theater system TV through HDMI About weeks ago and video from the internet stopped producing sound In addition the PC doesn t Good graphics card compatible with Windows 7? play audio dvds anymore And when I click on the samples in the library I can t play them either I m assuming without knowing the graphics card is shot I think it s about four years old I opened up the box pulled out the graphics card I didn t make a note of manufacturer model but my device manager says it s nvidia and the driver is up to date and cleaned it I plugged it back in still no sound I can play youtube videos or stream online content but none of it has sound Does it sound to you guys like I need a new graphics card If so I need a recommendation for a better than average one that is compatible with windows professional something in the range or so Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:Good graphics card compatible with Windows 7?

Open up nVidia Control Panel.
Under Display select "Set up Digital Audio".
Verify settings to make sure they are correctly set up to send audio.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/good-graphics-card-compatible-with-windows-7.210597/
Relevancy 29.24%

Hey I m new to this site and I was wondering if I could get some help with my computer From what I ve seen it says my computer is compatible with all the parts I ve chosen Compatible? Is Build My But I wanted some help on here to make sure they will work Below are a list of parts that I will be getting CPU Intel Xeon E - V GHz Quad-Core Processor Motherboard MSI Z Guard-Pro ATX LGA Motherboard CPU Cooler Corsair H i CFM Liquid CPU Cooler RAM Kingston Fury Black Series Is My Build Compatible? GB x GB DDR - Memory Hard Drive Seagate Barracuda TB quot RPM Internal Hard Drive Hard Drive Seagate Barracuda TB quot RPM Internal Hard Drive GPU EVGA GeForce GTX GB ACX Video Card Case Deepcool TESSERACT SW ATX Mid Tower Case Power Supply Corsair CSM W Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply Optical Drive Sony S-CB-PLUS DVD CD Writer Other Parts I Is My Build Compatible? will figure out later Just to give some perspective I will be using the computer to record videos play games and render out edited videos If you think there are better parts to suit the build or if there are any parts that need to be exchanged please tell me below Also I want to stay at least under Thanks Jettster nbsp

A:Is My Build Compatible?

Personaly from just a quick overview so dont take everything for my word, this build seems like it would work well.
What I would do is:
1) I dont think that this build will be able to use a 450W PSU because your parts are pretty high end and the 970 draws alot of power (145W around about) plus everything else I think that you should get a 500W+ PSU so you wont ever have problems related to power you can overclock and be a little future proof.
2) Why not go with more lower storage HDD's and put them in RAID 0? like 3 1tb HDD? each having like 75mb/s totaling to 225mb/s at the minimum as most modern HDDs are faster than those speeds.

Hope this helped and this is only what I would do. Dont take my word for any facts etc from this comment.
Enjoy
~Joe

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-my-build-compatible.209304/
Relevancy 29.67%

Hey all,

On my studio pc, I've installed a new rack mounted firewire audio interface in the studio. On the other drives (windows 8.1) the interface has installed perfectly but on the xp drive, although the drivers etc have been installed, once set, it works perfectly with the new outboard soundcard.

However, whenever I reboot to the xp drive, xp always reverts back to the on-board realtek sound card. I set the default to the new interface (a Presonus Firestudio Project) but every reboot it defaults to the realtek.

The motherboard is a P5N-E SLI if that helps.

How can I stop this happening so the new interface is the default?

Thanks in advance,

Paul

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/xp-reverts-to-on-board-sound.208179/
Relevancy 29.24%

Compatible memory
I plan on upgrading the ram on an older laptop.
It comes with IGB DDR2 PC2-4200 533MHz SODIMM, can I add
IGB DDR2 667MHz SODIMM to the spare slot and will it detect it?
Thought I'd ask before attempting!

A:Compatible memory

Hard to say, there is only one way to know, that is to try. I'm assuming you have the modules in question. Otherwise I would suggest buying modules of the same specs to increase chances of compatibility.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/compatible-memory.205398/
Relevancy 29.24%

I got a hp 6371it

link --> (http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02054227&tmp_track_link=ot_faqs/top_issues/it_i...

I have this problem: I bought a kingston Dimm ValueRam 4GB DDR3 1333MHz Non-ECC CL9 (it is compatible with my mb according to hp website). I installed it on my pc and:
1) if I install just that ram it works fine
2) if I install that ram I bought and one ore both ram I had already installed in my pc it doens't work or it blocks on hp main screen or it appears the classic blue screen of hardware error and it never enter on windows (it asks for a system reinstallation)
what is the problem? should I do something else? I tried mounting rams in different slots, I tried everything

please help!!

A:Compatible ram don't work

Sound as though the ram you bought is not compatible with the existing ram. Is the ram you bought the same specs as the old ram?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/compatible-ram-dont-work.205230/
Relevancy 28.38%

So heres the story The computer has been working fine for several years Last night I decide to D850MV/D850EMV2 long Three desktop board beeps on Intel plug in my tv to the desktop via dvi It Three long beeps on Intel desktop board D850MV/D850EMV2 works fine and I dont have any problems I get home today and try and turn the computer Three long beeps on Intel desktop board D850MV/D850EMV2 on and I dont get any video signal to either the tv or the normal monitor Also long beeps accompany start up it sounds as though things boot but I dont get video or sound but it sounds like the hard drives click now and then like normal and the fans all run fine Ive swapped the first ram stick with one other and havent tried the rest yet and I have not changed the video card yet but plan to in the next minutes as of writing this Nothing looks physically damaged and I dont have any extra ram for this computer laying about since its a rambus so all I can do is swap the ram thats in it around and because I cant get video I cant run a test on the ram Suggestions or help would be appreciated Specifically what the long beep codes mean ive Three long beeps on Intel desktop board D850MV/D850EMV2 found a couple different versions of the code online and not sure which is correct Also what might have caused the problem plugging the tv in thats the only thing I did different unless someone was messing around with it without my knowledge or could it just be from years of wear or what nbsp

A:Three long beeps on Intel desktop board D850MV/D850EMV2

I think three beeps on Intel is a memory issue. At least that what it was when I had a stick of cheap RAM crap out on me.

I'd run Memtest and go from there

RAM can fail from a number of causes. Heat exposure, flaky transistor junctions, who knows. I seriously doubt plugging the TV in had anything to do with it.
You could go into BIOS to ascertain if the RAM voltage is set correctly. Over-volting is a DIMM killer.

You should be able to get documentation for that board directly off Intel's web site. Intel used to give BIOS beep codes ion the board/chipset manuals.

They also have hardware monitor software as a free download. Look up "Intel Desktop Utilities Lite".

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/three-long-beeps-on-intel-desktop-board-d850mv-d850emv2.191367/
Relevancy 28.81%

I was planning on using the lowest i5 processor but because of the refresh I lost the older ones.
The ones that are available are:
Intel Core i5 4460 (3.2GHz HD4600 6MB Cache) Quad Core
Intel Core i5 4590 (3.3GHz HD4600 6MB Cache) Quad Core
Intel Core i5 4570S (2.9GHz HD4600 6MB Cache) Quad Core
Intel Core i5 4670 (3.4GHz HD4600 6MB Cache) Quad Core
Intel Core i5 4690 (3.5GHz HD4600 6MB Cache) Quad Core
Intel Core i5 4670K (3.4GHz HD4600 6MB Cache) Quad Core

A:What CPU's are compatible with the MSI B85-G43 Gaming Motherboard

http://www.msi.com/product/mb/B85G43.html#/?div=CPUSupport

Code:
Core i7 [ 4771,4770T,4770S,4770K,4770,4765T ]
Core i5 [ 4670T,4670S,4670K,4670,4570T,4570S,4570,4440S,4440,4430S,4430 ]
Core i3 [ 4340,4330T,4330,4130T,4130 ]
Pentium [ G3430,G3420T,G3420,G3220T,G3220 ]
Xeon [ E3-1240V3,E3-1230V3,E3-1220LV3 ]

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-cpus-are-compatible-with-the-msi-b85-g43-gaming-motherboard.202560/
Relevancy 92.45%

This is my Entire system spec Im looking to upgrade my processor but I need help Operating System System Model Windows Home Premium x Service Pack build Install Language English United States System Locale English United States Installed AM Boot Mode BIOS Secure Boot not supported eMachines ET G System Serial Number PTNBA Enclosure Type Desktop Processor a Main Circuit Board b gigahertz AMD Athlon II X u kilobyte primary memory cache kilobyte secondary memory cache -bit ready Multi-core total Not hyper-threaded Board eMachines MCP PM-GM Bus Clock megahertz BIOS AMI P -A Drives Memory Modules c d Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH N SCSI im with AMD is board? to my What Processor mother compatible this And new CdRom Device Optical drive WD Virtual CD USB Device Optical drive Generic- Compact Flash USB Device Hard drive -- drive Generic- MS MS-Pro HG USB Device Hard drive -- drive What AMD Processor is compatible with my mother board? And im new to this Generic- SD MMC USB Device Hard drive -- drive Generic- SD MMC MS What AMD Processor is compatible with my mother board? And im new to this MSPRO USB Device Hard drive -- drive Generic- SM xD-Picture USB Device Hard drive -- drive WD My Book USB Device Hard drive GB -- drive s n WMAVY WDC WD AAKX- CA SCSI Disk Device GB -- drive s n WD-WMAYUL SMART Status Healthy Megabytes Usable Installed Memory Slot DIMM has MB serial number DE B Slot DIMM has MB serial number D B Slot DIMM is Empty Slot DIMM is Empty Local Drive Volumes c NTFS on drive GB GB free k FAT on drive GB GB free Operating System is installed on c Network Drives None discovered Users mouse over user name for details Printers local user accountslast logon Quentin PM admin UpdatusUser AM local system accounts Administrator AM admin Guest PM HomeGroupUser never Marks a disabled account Marks a locked account HP LaserJet Professional P w on IP Microsoft Shared Fax Driver on SHRFAX Microsoft XPS Document Writer on XPSPort Controllers Display ATA Channel Controller ATA Channel Controller NVIDIA nForce Serial ATA Controller x Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller What AMD Processor is compatible with my mother board? And im new to this NVIDIA GeForce GTS Display adapter DELL WFP Monitor quot vis s n XX- JU -XXXXX- - S June Bus Adapters Multimedia Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller HP Webcam HD- Mobiola Wave Audio Device WDM Mobiola Web Camera Video Source NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device Wave Extensible WDM Realtek High Definition Audio Senstic PocketAudio Senstic PocketCam USB Audio Device Virus Protection Back to Top Group Policies No details available None discovered Communications Other Devices Hamachi Network Interface primary Auto IP Address Gateway Dhcp Server Physical Address A D Connection Speed Mbps Microsoft to Adapter Microsoft ISATAP Adapter NVIDIA nForce Mbps Ethernet Auto IP Address Gateway Dhcp Server Physical Address FC C AA Connection Speed Mbps Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Networking Dns Servers HID-compliant consumer control device x HID-compliant device x USB Input Device x HP Webcam HD- HID Keyboard Device x HID-compliant mouse Microsoft PS Mouse USB Composite Device x USB Mass Storage Device x USB Root Hub x Generic volume shadow copy WD SES Device E F G H I nbsp

A:What AMD Processor is compatible with my mother board? And im new to this

That is an AM3 socket CPU which means it should be compatible with the Phenom II series CPU's. I looked up the board and it should still support up to a 95 watt CPU so any Phenom II X4 CPU with a 95 watt TDP would work on it.

Like This
http://www.amazon.com/AMD-Phenom-Socket-Quad-Core-Processor/dp/B002XNBQJQ

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-amd-processor-is-compatible-with-my-mother-board-and-im-new-to-this.202437/
Relevancy 29.67%

Hello,
As the topic says, my computer doesn't detect my on-board sound card. It all started when I tried to install new audio drivers from manufacturers page, but the next day when I booted PC up there were no sound. In Device Manager, under Sounds, game,.. controllers tab sit 4-5 High Definition Audio Devices. Here's pic:

Then tried re-installing original audio drivers from motherboard CD, enabling/disabling On-Board HD Audio in BIOS but still no luck.

My Audio Device is VIA VT1705.
DxDiag shows that no sound card was found.

This is what is shown in Playback Devices tab:

But I have no HDMI kind audio devices..

How to make my system recognize my sound card?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/on-board-sound-card-is-not-recognized.202272/
Relevancy 28.38%

Is my motherboard compatible with and does it have enough power watts it compatible my Card have power new to & enough with run Is mob Video to run new video card My specs More details about my computer Component Details Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU GHz Memory RAM GB Graphics Intel R HD Graphics Gaming graphics MB Total available graphics memory Primary hard disk GB Free GB Total Windows Home Premium System Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd Model H M-UD H Total amount of system memory GB RAM System type -bit operating system Number Is my mob compatible with new Video Card & have enough power to run it of processor cores Storage Total size of hard disk s GB Disk partition C GB Free GB Total Media drive D CD DVD Graphics Display adapter type NVIDIA GeForce LE Total available graphics memory MB Dedicated graphics memory MB Dedicated system memory MB Shared system memory MB Display adapter driver version Secondary monitor resolution x Primary monitor resolution x DirectX version DirectX Video Card Information Network Realtek RTL D D Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC NDIS New Video card info Nvidia G-Force Video Px Video card UPC- Mb PCIExpress X Dual Monitor Support My power supply is watts and on my motherboard now there is only sticks of GB ram Patriot Viper Extreme and nothing else in any of the expansion slots I looked online but cannot get a straight answer Can my motherboard run this card with no issues Thanks I am shine nbsp

A:Is my mob compatible with new Video Card & have enough power to run it

No one can say if it will run with no issues, just because there could be any number of complications that could pop up. If you asking will it work with your current system, then yes it will run on your current system with the PSU. I would advise that you uninstall the video drivers (and software) for the current card, changing out to the new card. This will create less of a head ache for you in the end.
I would also suggest trying to find another 2GB ram stick because your motherboard is a Dual Channel motherboard and the computer will run better if you have 4 sticks of ram instead of 3. Its not going to hurt your computer by having 3 sticks of ram versus 4, but you will get better overall performance.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-my-mob-compatible-with-new-video-card-have-enough-power-to-run-it.202004/
Relevancy 28.81%

Hey all,

I recently dug up an old computer and wanted to use it but realized it is way too slow and the specs aren't even good enough to install Windows 7.

I currently have 512mb of RAM on that computer but I want to replace it and find a 2gb RAM that is compatible with my motherboard. I have an extra slot available for RAM.

How am I able to tell if the RAM I want is compatible with my motherboard?

Here is my system information from dxdiag:

System Manufacturer: MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO., LTD
System Model: KM400-8235
BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6. 00PG
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) XP 1700+, MMX, 3DNow, ~ 1.5 GHz
Memory: 448MB RAM
Page file: 218MB used, 839MB available
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

Thanks in advance and I really look forward to your help!

A:Finding compatible RAM for old motherboard

Sorry for the double post but I also want to find out how I am able to tell which processor is compatible with my motherboard.

Am I better off getting a completely new motherboard or would a new processor and a new RAM do it?

Thanks!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/finding-compatible-ram-for-old-motherboard.200960/
Relevancy 29.24%

Hey guys, I am helping my friend build a computer and I'm not 100% sure if these parts are compatible, and I was hoping someone would give me the thumbs up or the thumbs down.

Part list

Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor

ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard

Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory

Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

EVGA GeForce GTX 760 2GB Video Card

Asus PCE-N15 802.11b/g/n PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter

Cooler Master K380 ATX Mid Tower Case

Antec TruePower Classic 650W 80+ Gold Certified ATX Power Supply

LG GH24NSB0 DVD/CD Writer

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit)

Asus VX238H 23 inch monitor

A:Are these parts compatible?

Looks good to me, I don't see any incompatibilities. Even the name brands you have chosen are in my opinion well known good brands.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/are-these-parts-compatible.199589/
Relevancy 29.24%

So I'm currantly building my first pc for gaming and I have together a setup that in my eyes should work, can anyone see if I'd have any compatibility issues?
I'm also trying to keep a fairly decent budget of around 800 dollars.

Case:
http://www.scan.co.uk/products/zalm...wer-black-case-with-side-window-usb-30-w-o-su

Power supply:
http://www.scan.co.uk/products/500w-storm-silent-lpj19-25-eps-12v-quiet-fan-atx-v20-psu

Motherboard:
http://www.scan.co.uk/products/gigabyte-ga-970a-ds3p-amd-970-s-am3-am3plus-ddr3-sata-iii-6gb-s-sata-raid-pcie-20-(x16)-atx

CPU/Processor:
http://www.scan.co.uk/products/amd-...-s-am3plus-42ghz-12mb-total-cache-125w-retail

Graphics card:
http://www.scan.co.uk/products/1gb-...u-1075mhz-cores-896-dport-dl-dvi-hdmiplusfree

Memory/RAM:
http://www.scan.co.uk/products/8gb-(2x4gb)-corsair-vengeance-blue-ddr3-pc3-12800(1600)-non-ecc-unbuffered-cas-9-9-9-24-xmp-15v

Wireless Network Card:
http://www.scan.co.uk/products/asus-pce-n15-pcie-300mbps-80211b-g-n-wireless-adaptor-low-profile

I already have a Sata III Harddrive and decent optical drive in my house so I didn't include them in the links.
Thanks in advance
-Damhan

A:Concerned if this is compatible

Why is this so suspiciously familiar?
Regardless, my response is the same.
A no to the power supply but everything else looks okay. Again, I would opt for an integrated wifi board.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/concerned-if-this-is-compatible.199357/
Relevancy 29.24%

I m looking to buy a bundle PC from Newegg for and was wondering if this particular setup will work It will be used for gaming but not hardcore IN WIN GT White SECC Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case Model GT White XFX Core Edition FX- A-ZNL Radeon HD GB -bit GDDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card Model FX- A-ZNL RAIDMAX HYBRID RX- SS W ATX V V EPS V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Modular Power Supply New Version with Build-in LED Fan On Off Switch Model RX- SS AMD FX- Vishera GHz GHz Turbo Socket AM W Eight-Core Desktop Processor FD FRHKBOX Model FD FRHKBOX SAMSUNG Series MZ- TD KW quot GB SATA III Internal Solid State Drive SSD Model MZ- TD KW G SKILL Ripjaws X Series GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Desktop Memory Model F - CL D- GBXL Model F - CL D- GBXL Seagate Barracuda ST DM TB RPM MB Cache SATA Gb s quot Internal Hard Drive Bare Drive Model ST DM Sorry for the big print copy paste Moderator note Fixed that for you Thanks for any info you may have--much appreciated nbsp

A:Is this PC compatible?

I don't see a motherboard listed here, you're definitely going to need one of those.

Otherwise the system is compatible, as long as you get the correct motherboard. If you want advice on possible improvements to the system, just ask, I'm sure some more knowledgeable members will be happy to assist you

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-this-pc-compatible.198897/
Relevancy 24.94%

I have a USB 2.5 external HDD that I want to use with my Xbox 360 to play original Xbox games.

An emulator is required to play original Xbox games and the 360 will download this etc. for you with an Xbox 360 that has an internal HDD.
Mine is only a 4GB internal HDD so will not perform this function!

Can anyone help me make the external USB HDD perform this function???

Thanks

A:Making an External HDD backwards compatible for Xbox games on an XBox 360

360 isn't backwards compatible with Xbox games. Since you have digital copies of the game, we can't be sure you actually own a legit copy. So, we can't help you sorry.

But, you can use this to format external drive for your 360.
http://www.wikihow.com/Format-a-Hard-Drive-for-Use-With-Xbox-360

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/making-an-external-hdd-backwards-compatible-for-xbox-games-on-an-xbox-360.197802/
Relevancy 29.24%

I just ordered GA-F2A85XM-HD3 and AMD FX 4130 Black Edition (3.8/3.9GHz), 125W, 4MB, total dedicated L2 cache, 4MB, L3 cache, 5200MHZ HyperTransport? bus, socket AM3+) ... and I dont know if they are compatibile * the first one is the motherboard I would love any information ... cause I ordered them online ..already

A:Is this motherboard compatible?

No they are not compatible. The motherboard has an FM2 socket while the FX 4130 uses an AM3+ socket.

Google the motherboard model, click on the Gigabyte website link, click on the support and download tab and look up the CPU support list.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-this-motherboard-compatible.197438/
Relevancy 29.67%

After my brother sprayed it with glass cleaner.my laptop key board types wrong letters.lets say I want to write "my laptop key board is messed up" this is what it types: my lap0to9p0 ke3ybo9ar4d i8s me3sse3d u7p0. all the letters in the upper row type the letter and the number above it and vise verse(exept t,y,5,6)
I tried the num lock and sticky keys,checked my language tap still nothing
(I use dell inspirion , windows 7)
Plz help.
thanks

A:My laptop key board is messed up

Have you tried a USB keyboard? If not, try it. You might also try the on screen keyboard.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-laptop-key-board-is-messed-up.196547/
Relevancy 29.24%

Athlon 64 x2 4200+ with a Asus M5A78L-M LX PLUS

If its not what would be a good motherboard thats compatible?

A:Is this processor compatible?

The Athlon will not work with that motherboard as it is socket AM3+

You need a socket AM2 board, Or an AM2+.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-this-processor-compatible.196617/
Relevancy 27.95%

Hi,

I need Graphic Card for my computer because the existing graphic card is build-in and it is 64Mb.
My Motherboard is Asus P5S800-VM.

I want to know Which Graphic Card is Compatible for my motherboard.

Thanks

A:Which graphics card is compatible with ASUS P5S800-VM

Unfortunately, that motherboard only has an AGP slot, so your videocard upgrade will be very limited.

Here is one of the cheaper units for AGP, but you must also ensure your case has adequate cooling (at least one case fan aside from the power supply fan is recommended) and also ensure you have a fairly beefy power supply (350 Watt or greater, 400W+ preferred).
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161318

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/which-graphics-card-is-compatible-with-asus-p5s800-vm.196347/
Relevancy 29.24%

This will be my first build and I want to know for sure if these parts are compatible I got mixed results on sites like PCPartPicker and GooeyGUI These are the parts CPU it Is compatible? all Intel Core i - GHz Is it all compatible? Dual Core CPU Cooler Cooler Master Hyper TX CFM Sleeve Bearing Motherboard Asus P B -M LX PLUS Micro ATX LGA Motherboard Memory Corsair XMS GB x GB DDR - Memory Storage Western Digital Caviar Blue GB quot RPM Internal Hard Drive Video Card Asus GeForce GTX Ti GB Video Card Case MSI TC- Black ATX Mid Tower Case Power Supply Cooler Master eXtreme Power W ATX V Power Supply I Is it all compatible? know they re not the best or high end items but im on a tight budget I will be doing gaming for the most part What I really want to know is if the CPU cooler is good to put on the i while in that case On GooeyGUI it said that the motherboard did not support the CPU Cooler but on PCPartPicker it said there were no compatibility issues Thank you for your time nbsp

A:Is it all compatible?

Everything looks good to me.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-it-all-compatible.194831/
Relevancy 29.24%

Hello. I am trying to keep my budget under 1,250 and these are the items that im trying to build my pc with. I would love to know if they are compatible.

Tower: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...yMark=False&IsFeedbackTab=true#scrollFullInfo
PSU: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817182200
RAM: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231460
Processor: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...bb3r-_-Processors+-+Desktops-_-AMD-_-19113284
Motherboard: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128514
Hard drive: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822236339
Graphics card: http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1917611&CatId=7387

Any help will be truly appreciated

Looks okay. Why do you want to go AMD processor though?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/are-these-parts-compatible.194229/
Relevancy 58.05%

I just came from a retail store to check on prices but most of their parts weren't available anymore. Instead of a G. Skill Ripjaws 2x4 8gb DDR-3 1600, the clerk offered me a Crucial Ballistix 2x4 8gb DDR-3 1866 memory. The board I'm gonna buy is an Asrock H77 Pro4/Mvp but looking at their memory support list http://www.asrock.com/mb/memory.asp?Model=H77 Pro4/MVP, it doesn't seem compatible.

The clerk had told me it was compatible and that he had tried it before but I'm not sure if it'd have unwanted effects over some period of time. (I got drawn in by how the memory looks and its LED so I'm including it as a choice). Thanks.

A:Is a 1866 memory compatible with an H77 board?

It will be compatible, worst case scenario is just setting your 1866Mhz RAM to run at 1600Mhz. You're getting quicker RAM for free.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-a-1866-memory-compatible-with-an-h77-board.194307/
Relevancy 29.24%

So my brother has a Foxconn 2ada 1.00 motherboard Link: http://www.estaxe.com/index.php/layout-foxconn-2ada-1-00-motherboard/
and wants to upgrade to a good processor, willing to spend $100-$200. What do you guys recommend? Is it worth investing more than $200.00+ for a CPU for a better gaming experience? He has also has an Nvidia Geforce GT 620 just as an added note. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! One website said this Link:http://www.findlaptopdriver.com/specs-2ada-foxconn/ but I trust you guys more...

A:Need a compatible processor

Well, it is a 1155 socket motherboard. Hence, you can technically fit in any Ivy Bridge and Sandy Bridge that is below the recommended motherboard/CPU wattage. In this case, that is 95W. I think a i5 and i7 will be a waste. What processor does he currently have? I think a Pentium or i3 is a good option.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-a-compatible-processor.194150/
Relevancy 29.24%

I'm looking to build my first computer, and I'm still not totally sure if all of my selected parts will all work with each other. This is not supposed to be a gaming computer or anything like that: just a simple starter computer. I would also like some feedback on whether I might need to upgrade or downgrade certain parts to fit my needs. Thanks!

Case
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119233

Motherboard
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131872

GPU
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161406

PSU
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139026

CPU
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103727

RAM
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820148543

Hard Drive
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822148840

Optical Drive
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827135204

A:Are all of my parts compatible?

The build itself is alright. However, I'd drop the HD 7850 to something like a 7770 and put that money towards a better CPU. Since you indicated this isn't a gaming computer, a better CPU will be a much better use of your money. Additionally, while the PSU you picked would probably work fine. The builder series hasn't had the best wrap. You may want to go with one of corsairs HX,TX or AX offerings. Or, check out seasonic or antec offerings.

What's your budget for this build? It will help us suggest different parts.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/are-all-of-my-parts-compatible.194055/
Relevancy 21.5%

I need to know if the HDMI motherboard in a 60" Samsung Plasma TV can be used in a Sony Bravia 52" TV. The motherboard in my Sony died and I have access to one in a Samsung Plasma that's screen cracked.

A:Is a 60" Samsung Plasma HDMI motherboard compatible with a 52" Sony Bravia HDMI motherboard.

No, it would not be, in the past I had to repair a tv for a friend that had his board shorted that was an LCD Sony Bravia 52 Inch and its board was very specific as with all Sony Products. The Boards on the TV's are the hearts and the companies that built them don't allow for parts to be interchanged easily. Your best bet is ebay and finding the part number to find a board, that's how I got the one I used to fix it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-a-60-samsung-plasma-hdmi-motherboard-compatible-with-a-52-sony-bravia-hdmi-motherboard.193309/
Relevancy 28.38%

Is the XFX Radeon 7970 video card compatible with a an Asus P9Z68-V LE motherboard? I'm rather confused with Crossfire and SLI, is it Crossfire allows multiple Radeon video cards and SLI allows multiple NVidia video cards?

A:Is this video card compatible with this motherboard?

Yes, the card is compatible with the mobo.

Your Crossfire and SLI understanding is correct. However, it extends to GPU's, not just 'cards'. Cards like HD7990 and GTX690 use Crossfire/SLI internally as they have two GPU's on one card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-this-video-card-compatible-with-this-motherboard.193002/
Relevancy 29.24%

Corsair Carbide Series 500R Black Steel structure with molded ABS plastic accent pieces ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

TP-LINK TL-WDN4800 Dual Band Wireless N900 PCI Express Adapter, 2.4GHz 450Mbps/5GHz 450Mbps, IEEE 802.1a/b/g/n, WEP/WPA/WPA2

CORSAIR HX Series HX750 750W ATX12V 2.3 / EPS12V 2.91 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply

GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-D3H LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

SAPPHIRE FleX 100352FLEX-2 Radeon HD 7950 3GB 384-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card OC with Boost

Intel Core i5-3570K Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo) LGA 1155 77W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 4000 BX80637I53570K

CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model CMZ8GX3M1A1600C10

SAMSUNG 840 Pro Series MZ-7PD256BW 2.5" 256GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)

A:Compatible?

Great build . I would mainly change the RAM. Get a 2x4 GB RAM kit instead since the Z77 chipset takes advantage of dual channel memory, which offers better performance. Also, I suggest getting a XFX 7950 instead since they offer a lifetime warranty. Finally, since you are getting the i3570K, witch is an unlocked CPU, I recommend getting a Hyper 212 EVO CPU cooler if you want to overclock (what the K in 3570K means).

Just a final though: If you can wait for about 2-3 weeks, Intel will be releasing their new line of CPUs. I think you should wait till then to purchase your CPU + motherboard. Good luck .

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/compatible.192387/
Relevancy 27.95%

Hey,
I have a Zotac GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition graphics card. I have been trying to install my graphics card for quite some time now :/ When I open the installation driver, it says "nvidia graphics driver could not find compatible hardware". I cannot find my graphics card in the device manager. The only graphics card I can find is the inbuilt Intel graphics. Can someone help me install my driver? Thanks!

A:Nvidia graphics driver could not find compatible hardware

Should I uninstall my Intel driver?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-graphics-driver-could-not-find-compatible-hardware.192314/
Relevancy 29.67%

Hi all, I have monitor gericom 2030 and it has some power board model that I cant find on sell, so I have buy one that is almost same with it. 4 plugs for invetors are same but one connection for t-con board is diffrent and on oroginal board I have pins (5V, 5v, GND, GND, 12v, BL, N/F) and on board that I have buy has ( 12v, 12v, GND, GND, 5v, 5v, GND, N.C, ON, DIM, MS ) So any suggests wich on wich one I should connect?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/different-power-board-on-monitor.190328/
Relevancy 28.38%

I'm Planning on a new build and it will be on the ASRock FM2A85X Extreme4 FM2 AMD A85X (Hudson D4) ATX and with the AMD A10-5800K Trinity APU w/Radeon HD 7660D and I need a discrete card to match the APU's graphics. Also with either 1866 or 1600 DDR3 ram with 1.65 or 1.5v at 16GB or 32GB. Any suggestions and advice would be great fully appreciated. also having problems finding a cpu cooler for the A10?

A:Compatible discrete card for AMD A10-5800K

Uhh, why do you want to match the APU graphics? What are your intentions with this build?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/compatible-discrete-card-for-amd-a10-5800k.189384/
Relevancy 29.24%

Hi peeps hope you can shed some light on helping me decide what SSD to get I have a Gigabyte GA-X -USB MB which my i overclocked rig is built on I am in the middle of starting a new build but I am keeping this rig and thought about upgrading the last thing thats pretty much worth upgrading on it and thats an SSD At the mo it runs two TB samsung F s to old MB for SSD Compatible which I will keep for extra Compatible SSD for old MB storage but the MB in is old now and I dont think these Compatible SSD for old MB fancy SSD s will be compatible with it Here is the tec sheet for the MB Click me I think the xsata connections are sata so that limits my options so whats the best SSD I can get for this old board need one abut gig that plugs into the sata connections available OR Do I get one of these OCZ GB PCIe Thanks mucho for any advice Lee nbsp

A:Compatible SSD for old MB

It's SATA2 on that MOBO. New SSD's are SATA3, but they'll just run at the slower SATA2 speed.

So, get the cheapest most reliable one since any SSD r/w speeds are now faster than SATA2.

The SSD you linked is insanely fast, and also pretty darn expensive. It's up to you really - but it will run at max speed on your mobo.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/compatible-ssd-for-old-mb.189834/
Relevancy 28.38%

So apu are like the best Money to Cpu+Gpu in the market and I see it as one of the new revolution in the graphical technology surpassing intels hd 4000 by far I was wondering the Apu will ever be able to be compatible with a higher graphics card then the low profile 6670 it is already powerful at it is but imagine it with a higher boots a 7770 or 7850 idk if the cpu is still powerfull enough to not bottleneck by then tho

A:Will APUs ever be compatible with mid-range cards?

What is APU?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/will-apus-ever-be-compatible-with-mid-range-cards.188719/
Relevancy 29.24%

I got a M5A99x Evo Re2.0, brand new board and the audio from the rear doesnt work at all when I plug the pink and green plugs. I have an HDMI connecting from my TV to my Gcard, I get audio through the TV but cant seem to get those jacks working. Ive used two different headsets to see if it might have been the headset itself. im really stumped.

A:New board, no sound from front or rear jacks

Have you gone into the sound menu in your control panel and set your default audio device to your headset?

If, under the "playback" tab, the HDMI output is ticked, then this is the problem.

Just click on the correct device(It should either list your headphones or say "high definition audio", or something similar) and then click "set default".

This should solve the problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-board-no-sound-from-front-or-rear-jacks.188180/
Relevancy 29.24%

Okay Here compatible? everything is build.. New s the list Motherboard A - Asus Crosshair V Formula AM Motherboard - ATX Socket AM AMD FX SB DDR MHz O C SATA III Gb s RAID -CH Audio Gigabit LAN USB PCIe CrossFireX Ready lbs CPU A - AMD FD FRHKBOX FX- Eight-Core GHz AM Processor - AM Eight-Core GHz MB W Unlocked lbs HDD TSD- HHTZ WD WD HHTZ VelociRaptor GB Workstation New build.. is everything compatible? Hard Drive - GB SATA Gb s Inch RPM MB lbs Case C - COOLER MASTER New build.. is everything compatible? Storm Stryker SGC- W-KWN Black and White Steel ATX Gaming Full Tower Computer Case - ATX MicroATX x quot Drive Bays x Converted quot Drive Bay x USB amp Ports Audio Por lbs Graphics Card A - Asus Radeon New build.. is everything compatible? HD HD - GD Video Card - GB GDDR PCI-Express x x Dual-link DVI-I x Dual-link DVI-D x HDMI x DisplayPort DirectX CrossFireX Overclocked lbs RAM P - atriot Viper Xtreme PXQ G C QK GB Low Latency Quad Kit - PC - MHz - - - V RoHS Compliant DDR lbs SSD C - Corsair Neutron GTX Series CSSD-N GBGTX-BK GB Internal Solid State Drive - quot Form Factor SATA III Gb s E-boost Technology lbs PSU CORSAIR Professional Series Gold AX CMPSU- AX W ATX V v EPS V v PLUS GOLD Certified Full Modular Item N E FanCOOLER MASTER Hyper EVO RR- E- PK-R Continuous Direct Contact mm Sleeve CPU Cooler Compatible with latest Intel Item N E Blu-RayLG Black X BD-R X BD-RE X DVD R X DVD-RAM X BD-ROM MB Cache SATA BDXL Blu-ray Burner D Play Back WH NS - OEM Item N E THANKS nbsp

A:New build.. is everything compatible?

I don't see any compatibility issues.

If its a gaming rig you might consider HD 7800 series graphics.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-build-is-everything-compatible.187092/
Relevancy 28.81%

Hi guys I have a problem that seems to be slowing down my already-crap of a PC A message keeps popping up with New Hardware Found Video Controller VGA compatible and telling me to install some drivers after I somehow unplugged and re-plugged my monitor cable Backround information So I did some homework went on the PCI database site and searched for the vendor and device numbers VEN and DEV Link to site http www pcidatabase com vendor details php id It gave me a link to it http downloads viaarena com WinXPE May xpesp km xp wishld logod v zip I downloaded it but I m too incompetent to take the next step required I extracted it with winrar and spent minutes searching for the setup or install button but the only application seems to be VTTimer I then downloaded DeviceDoctor and it told me should download a VIA Fast Ethernet Video (VGA controller compatible) Compatable Adapter I don t even know if the two are related and so I did Nothing happened SO I Video controller (VGA compatible) guess I m asking is the part about PCI database what I m suppose to be doing Am I doing it right If so how do I install the bastard Did I f ck up by using Device Doctor and Video controller (VGA compatible) downloading some random driver It was telling me to download a bunch of other things that didn t match the brand of my products How do I keep my drivers updated What do Really appreciate your time guys and thanks in advance If it helps I have an AOC monitor nbsp

A:Video controller (VGA compatible)

CIifford said:

<snip>
It gave me a link to it (http://downloads.viaarena.com/WinXPE/May05/xpesp2_km400_16944216_xp_wishld_logod_v20.zip), I downloaded it, but I'm too incompetent to take the next step required. I extracted it with winrar and spent 5 minutes searching for the setup or install button, but the only application seems to be VTTimer...
<snip>Click to expand...

No worries. The solution for that case is not at all obvious. See How to Install a Driver when there's no Installation .EXE file to run

SO. I guess I'm asking is the part about PCI database what I'm suppose to be doing? Am I doing it right? If so, how do I install the bastard?
Did I f*ck up by using Device Doctor and downloading some random driver? (It was telling me to download a bunch of other things that didn't match the brand of my products...)
How do I keep my drivers updated?Click to expand...

1. PCI database is a useful tool to help identify the device vendor and the device actually is. (e.g. a video chip vs. an Ethernet/network adapter). PCI database doesn't usually include the driver for a device tho in your case I see it did).

Example of how PCI database might help: you have a Dell computer so go to the Dell website and look up your computer model for drivers. And you find Dell lists 4 different drivers for 4 different video cards they have used in that machine!! PCI database would help identify which one is actually in your computer so you know which one to select

2. Those driver update tools can be helpful but also problematic. They will identify every driver matching a hardware ID but all drivers it finds isn't necessarily a fit for your OS or your hardware. Best advice is "If it ain't broke don't try to fix it" meaning only look for missing drivers. Trying to find the "correct" driver update can be a crap shoot

3. Number 2) above also means always create a system restore point before trying a driver you aren't sure of. At least it helps you back it out if the driver isn't right and causes problems

Hope that helps

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-controller-vga-compatible.186192/
Relevancy 29.24%

http://pcpartpicker.com/parts/partlist/

Sorry, don't know much about building PC's...but I am learning fast! Also, is my power supply high enough? Thanks in advance.

A:Is this all compatible?

the link is broken. Just write out your parts

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-this-all-compatible.183169/
Relevancy 29.24%

I ve been having some problems with my computer concerning speed and with a very short search I have found the problem My computer has only one GB of RAM That explains it In search of new RAM cards for my computer I have stumbled upon this one on ebay that might work I just want to get the confirmation PC? my Is this RAM compatible with from you guys Those RAM cards http www ebay com itm Kingston- G pt US Memory RAM amp hash item a d Hurry I only have about days until it s sold To assist you Here is my computer now It only has RAM slots and only works with DDR types of RAM It has a very decent CPU speed at about GHz I strongly believe that the PIN size needed for the cards is I looked it up Some questions that I need answered What is the maximum allowed RAM on this computer Is the RAM compatible Is Is this RAM compatible with my PC? this a good amount to pay for it or is there another cheaper way Should I buy a new computer or just stick with this one In advance Thank you for your help -Techtrainee nbsp

A:Is this RAM compatible with my PC?

There is not enough information. We need to know which computer you have or at least which motherboard you have in the PC.

Many motherboards only support 1GB per memory slot. There is no way of knowing if your motherboard will support 2GB per slot, without first looking up the information.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-this-ram-compatible-with-my-pc.182134/
Relevancy 28.81%

I've never build a computer before but I have a general idea of what I'm doing, but I figured I'd ask a pro before I ordered the parts:

Western Digital Caviar Blue WD5000AAKX 500GB - harddrive
ASRock A785GM-LE - motherboard
LITE-ON Black - CD/DVD drive
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB - RAM
AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition - proccesor
APEX DM-318 Black Steel Micro ATX Media Center 275W Power Supply - Case

so are these compatible and do you suggest any changes, the computer is for word documents and buiseness along with internet searches, I'd like to be able to run uTube and very simple video games like minecraft (at low settings)

Thanks for the help!

A:Are these computer parts compatible

I presume the RAM is DDR3? If so then the motherboard is not compatible with the RAM. What's your price range for the build? I'd also recommend a bigger PSU and a low range GPU because the built in GPU won't be able to handle even non intensive games.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/are-these-computer-parts-compatible.181135/
Relevancy 35.26%

My father wants me to find my mother a laptop, he gave me a budget of around $700. In all likelihood she will mostly use it for facebook, facebook games and movies. She will mostly be using the laptop while working in a coffee stand so she can probably plug it in whenever she needs to. She probably wont replace it for some time so something that will hold up well over the years would be nice. She hates change and is used to using windows systems so I'm not sure if she would go for a mac. I really don't know a damn thing about laptops and I have no idea what to look for or where to start so any help would be appreciated.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/looking-for-a-laptop-for-my-mother.181330/
Relevancy 28.38%

so im going to build my first gaming computer soon, and I have selected a list of parts. but I am very afraid of them not being compatible, and waste my money. here is my list:

motherboard: asus P8Z77-V pro Z77 S-1155 ATX IVY
procesor: intel core i7 3770K 3,5hz 8mb s-1155 IVY
graphics card: asus geforce gtx 570 directcu II 1280mb pci-e dvi/hdmi
harddrive: seagate barracuda 2TB 7200rpm sata/600 64mb
powersupply: corsair hx 750w atx12v 2.2 / eps12v
RAM: corsair 8gb ddr3 vengeance l pc3.12800 1600mpz cl9 (2X4GB)

dont think the other stuff is important, but if is it, tell me to write it in.
thanks.

A:Are my list of computer parts compatible?

Looks good to me.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/are-my-list-of-computer-parts-compatible.180833/
Relevancy 29.24%

Hello Everyone,

Been a long time browser of TS and am glad to finally join. I am looking to utilize a Q6600 processor and the following system board and RAM:

ASUS P5G41T-M LX Plus
Corsair XMS3 1333MHz PC3-10666

The goal is to moderately overclock the Q6600 to 3.2 GHz. In my research, I have read many positive reviews about the stability of ASUS boards, and the DDR3 capability is significant to me. However, from what I have gathered, this board can be fussy when overclocking the CPU. Has anyone had any experience with a similar setup?

I would appreciate any thoughts/comments/suggestions.

Thank you!

A:New project: LGA 775 board w/ DDR3 needed -- thoughts please?

Firstly, why do you need to overclock it? I'm guessing its more because you want to, than necessity, but my thoughts are below.

I run the exact same CPU in my system 24/7 and while it might be long in the tooth compared with most systems on here, it's certainly not lacking at stock speeds as it is.

Not sure if system specs is easily read right now, but for the sake of doubt, mine are: Intel Core2Quad Q6600 G0 stepping (at stock OC with Corsair H50 (push/pull) providing cooling), Abit AW9D-MAX, 8GB OCZ Gold series DDR2-1066, HD6870, Antec HCG-620 PSU, a SSD and six mechanical disks.

I wouldn't call 3.2GHz a moderate OC on the Q6600, that's more like 2.8-3.0GHz. I used to have mine overclocked but the difference was so minimal (in real terms) that the additional heat it gave off and power it consumed made it pointless. I was never able to achieve 3.05GHz or above either, but I've no doubt that more experienced hands would have managed it. Overclocking is my weaker subject in the field of IT generally speaking, and I can't say I've ever really pushed the envelope very far in that regard.

Though that said, I've always found Gigabyte boards to be much more forgiving when it comes to RAM settings. Asus in my experience can be a real nightmare with recognising the default timings and voltages for RAM, and in "my experience" need much more work to achieve the same result.

Another point that needs to be considered is LGA-775 is legacy hardware now, so you'd be spending money on defunct hardware. If you have the CPU it might be better to grab a second-hand board off of eBay or something, or maybe look to something newer and more current.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-project-lga-775-board-w-ddr3-needed-thoughts-please.180344/
Relevancy 29.24%

Hi everyone I m gettin a new pc and I m worried compatible? New parts are PC, the about compatibility problems My configration is like this Motherboard Asus P z -V Pro Intel New PC, are the parts compatible? Z Soket DDR MHz Sata CPU Intel Core i K Soket GHz MB Cache nm CPU Cooler Thermaltake CONTAC LGA amp AM AM AMA Graphic Card Asus GTX DirectCU II TOP GDDR GB Bit Nvdia GeForce Ram Corsair GB x GB Vengeance Low Profile DDr MHz CL HDD OCZ GB Vertex Series Sata SSD Read MB Write M Case Cooler Master HAF PLUS GX PLUS W MidT ATX Black Case Links might not be perfectly correct cause I didn t select the parts from newegg I am New PC, are the parts compatible? wondering if these parts will work well together Are they compatible Will they be able to work at efficieny Hm and this PC is for gaming So I can take suggestions also I would really appriciate your help Thank you PS My the way I heard that there was a cite checking the compatibility for you You choose your cpu ram graphics and it tells you if they will work at full effiency Does anyone have an idea about that because I can t remember the cite nbsp

A:New PC, are the parts compatible?

No idea on the site, but we can help you with compatibility anyway.

You've listed the GPU as a GTX 560, but the link is a GTX 560 TI -- which is different. The TI is very good, whereas the non-TI might be found wanting in some games. The build looks nice, but I think we need to know what games you would like to play, and at what resolutions. Reason for this is you might find your graphics card choice to be a little underpowered, dependent on your expectations.

Do you plan to overclock your system, or run it at standard clocks?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-pc-are-the-parts-compatible.179912/
Relevancy 29.24%

Bought me recently a new MoBo: P8H67, installed it, killed Realtek onboard in the BIOS, all thus far goes splendid.
Put in SoundMax (from my P5E Lifestyle), hardware checks ok.
Install driver... and here things go awkward: no matter what I try: SoundMax Hi Def is not found/recognized.
Tried both the DVD-soft that came with me P5E, as well as online new drivers, to no use...

Reason for SoundMax: I was slightly baffled by the power behind the tiny card, it was literally mindblowing (over my JBL's).
This power is not found on Realtek hardware, hence.

Prob: I want to keep using the tiny SoundMax, but I desperately need a driver.

Win 7 Ultimate X64 (registered)

Suggestions?

Thank you all:
Ben

A:P5E Lifestyle Board SoundMax to Asus P8H67

List any Problem Devices

Make sure devices are connected and powered on
Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
If yes, click on it, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy it, Ctrl-V to paste into next post
On the other hand, if no devices are listed, tell me so
Generate and attach a DirectX report

Click Start->Run, enter dxdiag and click OK
===> If you?re running 32 bit Windows, dxdiag will launch on its own
===> If you?re running 64 bit Windows, you?ll see 64-bit DxDiag. Click it to launch the 64-bit version of dxdiag
Notice progress in lower left window corner
When done, click Save Information button and save to your Desktop
In TechSpot window, use the paper clip icon to attach the report. (If you don't see icon you may need to first click Go Advanced)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/p5e-lifestyle-board-soundmax-to-asus-p8h67.178931/
Relevancy 27.09%

I am trying for the first time to put together a system. Yeh I know...I need help. First of all is this a usable card. It is comming out of an existing system.
Thanks, ynotbme

A:Is the ATI Radeon 9550 / X1050 graphics card compatible with a Dell Vostro 200?

If the card will fit in the box it'll probably work for you. When I looked up Dell Vostro 200 they were built into two kinds of cases. There was one type built in a slim case and the other type built in a mini case. The mini case is much wider than the slim case. It looks like both types of cases sport motherboards with X16 PCI-E slots for adding an aftermarket video card. Trouble will arise if your 9550/X1050 video card has an AGP connector instead of a PCI-E connector, or you have a full size video card and a slim case.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-the-ati-radeon-9550-x1050-graphics-card-compatible-with-a-dell-vostro-200.177434/
Relevancy 58.05%

i was wondering if HIS H675FS1G Radeon HD 6750 1GB 128-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card would work on a MSI G31TM-P21 LGA 775 Intel G31 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard.

Card # at Newegg=N82E16814161395"]

Board#at Newegg= N82E16813130234

o wait the card is ddr3 , does that mean it won't work?

A:Graphics card compatible with this board?

Sure, the card will work fine. The graphics card memory is independent from the memory type of the motherboard.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-compatible-with-this-board.176985/
Relevancy 28.38%

Hi guys,
I got an intel HD Graphics 3000 and there are a lot of games i cant play with it. So i have an utility cd that has nVidia GeForce GT 525M. But when i try to install it, it says Compatible graphics hardwares not found. What must i do? should i uninstall the intel Graphics 3000 first?
Please help...I would be really grateful.

A:Compatible graphics hardware not found

This might sound like a silly question but have you installed the GeForce GT525M card?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/compatible-graphics-hardware-not-found.176808/
Relevancy 27.95%

Hello Techspot-folks,

I am looking for a soundcard that is within 100 dollars/euro, I currently own a 2.1 speaker set Logitech Z-2300 and I am looking for a soundcard that will bring me even better sound but isn't all too expensive and does not have to have unneeded functions such as support for 5.1/7.1 when I'm most likely not going to upgrade to in the near future due to spacing-problems.

I currently have an onboard Realtek HD Audio inside.

I have read mixed reviews, some say keep my onboard and others say buy a PCIe one, so not really sure what to do.
Thanks a lot!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gigabyte-ex-58-extreme-compatible-pcie-sound-card.176399/
Relevancy 27.95%

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813138298

This is my motherboard, apparently not any old video card can run on it, something to do with pins :/ So I need a new video card, anything $100-200 will do, but it needs to be a new good one to run Skyrim. My current video card is:

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102908

A:Need helping pick out a new video card that's compatible with my motherboard

Bit confused, that's a PCIe which you will need for any modern card and as a 6850 owner I'm having no frame rate issues with Skyrim. What resolution are you trying to play at? What are the problems you are encountering?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-helping-pick-out-a-new-video-card-thats-compatible-with-my-motherboard.175082/
Relevancy 29.24%

Hey techspot Basically I m not sure if a few components will work with my current ones I will be using my compatible Not if sure are components motherboard Asus p n-e sli and plan on buying a corsair gb force ssd However I have seen mixed comments if ssds will work with my motherboard I was also wondering if u find ram Not sure if components are compatible by another company but has the same timings cas latency and speed but has different voltages does that matter One last thing I think I ll need to update my bios for a new CPU I m thinking of getting Anyway I was wondering if I could use a memory stick but I m not sure how Any help would be greatly appreciated U may think it s a wate of me getting a ssd when my Mobo doesn t fully support it but I plan on upgrading to ivy bridge when it comes out Also would a corsair tx v be powerful enough to support sli gtx s If no over clocking was done Thanks Rory nbsp

A:Not sure if components are compatible

AS far as the SSD, it should be compatible, but the main consensus is that these drives require a little Bios tweaking to work properly.

For your RAM, Just make sure that its DDR3 1333 (PC3 10600) spec. with a 240pin interface and you'll be good, you don't need to worry about using memory from different manufactures.

Edit: Also Since the minimum system requirements for ONE of those cards is at least 550Watts, and you want to use two, I would find something with a bit more power.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/not-sure-if-components-are-compatible.174599/
Relevancy 28.38%

Hey everyone im brand new to this building your own gaming computer thing but i think i got most of it down with the help of youtube instructional videos lol Anyway this is my hardware so far please tell me its all compatible thanks C - Corsair CWCH Hydro H CPU Liquid Cooler - mm Fan LGA LGA LGA LGA LGA AM AM my compatible? computer hardware building, is to New lbs In Stock Details List Price Instant Savings Price - A - ASUS P P PRO REV Intel P Motherboard - ATX Socket H LGA Intel P Express MHz DDR O C SATA Gb s RAID Gigabit LAN -CH Audio USB SLI CrossFireX Bluetooth lbs In Stock Details S - Samsung HN-M MBB Spinpoint M quot Internal New to computer building, is my hardware compatible? Hard Drive - TB SATA G MB RPM lbs In Stock Details M - Sabrent EC-UEIS Hard Drive Enclosure - quot IDE SATA to USB eSATA lbs In Stock Details S - Samsung New to computer building, is my hardware compatible? T A quot Class Widescreen LED Backlit HDTV Monitor - x Mega Dynamic ms HDMI VGA USB HDTV Tuner Energy Star lbs In Stock Details S - Masscool STARS- Silver Color Thermal Grease lbs In Stock Details C - Creative Labs SB X-FI Titanium Fatal ty Champ PCIe Sound Card SB lbs In Stock Details List Price Instant Savings Price - E - EVGA -P - -AR GeForce GTX SuperClocked Video Card - MB GDDR PCI-Express Dual DVI Mini HDMI SLI DirectX lbs In Stock Details Mail-in Rebate C - Cooler Master RC- -KKN -GP HAF Advance Full Tower Case - ATX Black SuperSpeed USB lbs In Stock Details List Price Instant Savings Price - U - Ultra U - X Gold Edition Modular Power Supply - W ATX Plus Gold mm Fan SLI Ready CrossFire Technology Active PFC Vibration Dampener Included Lifetime Warranty w Registration lbs In Stock Details List Price Instant Savings Price - A - NZXT Sentry LX LCD Fan Controller lbs In Stock Details A - Asus DRW- B ST BLK G AS Internal x CD DVD Drive - DVD R x DVD RW x DVD-RW x DVD R DL x DVD-RAM x CD-R x CD-RW x SATA MB Black lbs In Stock Details List Price Instant Savings Price - M - Microsoft Windows Home Premium BIT Operating System Software - OEM DVD English lbs In Stock Details Mail-in Rebate C - Corsair CMZ GX M A C Vengeance GB PC DDR RAM - MHz x MB Non-ECC Unbuffered lbs In Stock Details List Price Instant Savings Price - I - K Intel Core i - K BX I K Unlocked Processor - Quad Core MB L Cache MB L Cache GHz GHz Max Turbo Socket H LGA W Fan Retail lbs In Stock Details nbsp

A:New to computer building, is my hardware compatible?

You shouldn't need to buy thermal grease as the Corsair CPU cooler comes with some high quality brand already applied. Personally I've not bought a sound card for the last 3 or so PCs that I've built for myself. When using headphones I've found that the onboard sound solutions (usually from Realtek) have been good enough for my gaming needs. I'd personally sink the money for that into an IPS or MVA monitor rather than a "HDTV". Perhaps a Dell Ultrasharp ( http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/...e_bnrank=1&baynote_irrank=0&~ck=baynoteSearch ).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-to-computer-building-is-my-hardware-compatible.174034/
Relevancy 28.38%

Hey,

I'm looking forward to buying a new AM3+ mobo (Asus M5A97) and 2x4GB corsair vengeance DDR3-1600 to replace my current setup. I've read that the Phenom II X6 1055T I have supports up to DDR3-1333, so, I was wondering: what would happen if I use the DDR3-1600? Will it work or should I get 1333 memory instead?

A:Phenom II X6 with DDR3-1600 compatible?

what is the exact model of the ram? it most likely would work, just downclock it to 1333MHz but can check the Ram model number against the MB specs

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/phenom-ii-x6-with-ddr3-1600-compatible.173800/
Relevancy 27.95%

Hi i am new here and i'm glad i found this site,

i am terrible with computers and i need help for this game i want to play
the sims 2 ( i know its old) i downloaded it and a the message : failed 2 find directX9.0 compatible graphics adapters in the system .

i have no idea what it mean but ive been trying for a couple of hours to fix it please if anybody can help me step by step i would greatly appreciat it

A:Directx 9.0 compatible graphics adapters to play the Sims 2

hello Vanessa
can you tell me what is your graphics card name

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/directx-9-0-compatible-graphics-adapters-to-play-the-sims-2.173008/
Relevancy 29.24%

I am in the process of buying a new computer and I need to know if these components are compatible:

PSU: ISONIC IS-PX600 XTREME 600W PSU SIIS-PX600

RAM: MUSHKIN SILVERLINE 4GB DDR3-1333 LOW-VOLTAGE 2X2GB DUAL CHANNEL RAM KIT FO996768

DVD drive: SONY OEM SATA BLACK 24X DVD WRITER

Mother Board: ASUS P8H61 REV.3 LGA 1155 2X DDR3 1333 4X SATA GIGABIT LAN ATX MOTHERBOARD

HDD: SEAGATE BARRACUDA 7200.11 ST31500341AS 3.5 SATA 1.5TB DESKTOP HARD DRIVE IMST31500341AS

Case: RAIDMAX TORNADO SILVER WINDOWED SIDE PANEL CASE

GPU: PALIT GTS450 1024MB GDDR5 128BIT WITH SLI TVNE5S4500HD01

CPU: INTEL SANDY BRIDGE LGA1155 I5-2300 2.8GHZ QUAD CORE PROCESSOR

Thanks for the help

A:Are these components compatible?

Yes, it looks fine My only worry is that maybe you should look into buying a PSU from a more reputable company; I've never heard of iSonic before (but that might just be me). How much does the PSU cost?

Just out of interest, what are you planning on using the computer for? And what's your budget?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/are-these-components-compatible.172702/
Relevancy 29.67%

I have been going through the process of building a computer for the first time and the motherboard is the final piece of the puzzle I am seriously considering the Asus Maximus Gene-Z as the motherboard to go along with GB Hawks OC in SLI on mATX a Is SLI usually on board avoided? air to go along with an OC i - k but I have been seeing some concerns about temperatures in general As far Is SLI on a mATX board on air usually avoided? as cooling the board would be in a mid-tower that has the dimensions of the full tower Storm Sniper with its default fans and the CPU would be cooled by a Corsair A I do have a few ATX motherboard in mind if the mATX option isn t ideal for SLI including the MSI Z A-GD ASUS P Z -V PRO or ASRock Z EXTREME GEN i - K Corsair A GB GTX Hawk in SLI x GB G Skill Sniper DDR Samsung Spinpoint TB Asus x DVD-Drive Cooler Master Storm Sniper Seasonic X- nbsp

A:Is SLI on a mATX board on air usually avoided?

Personally if I was building a computer without having any hardware to start with I would probably aim for a higher end single card rather than 2 older and now mid range 460 GTX cards. That way in the future you can pickup another higher performance card and then use SLI.

As for mATX and SLI, as long as the board supports it then there is no problem. You have stated its in a full tower so airflow won't be a problem. You might find some problems such as PCI 1x slot blocked/unusable when you have two double slot (two expansion slot height) PCI-E graphics cards in the motherboard.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-sli-on-a-matx-board-on-air-usually-avoided.171814/
Relevancy 30.1%

Hi all I have an asus x s laptop and a while ago the power jack inside broke off and went further into the unit I managed to take the laptop apart and retrieve the jack I then rather stupidly attempted to desolder board PCB Splintered the remainder of the unit from the board and found that apparently ASUS use diamond as solder that or I wasn t doing something right Anyway point is that the contacts stayed in the board no matter what and only with force Splintered PCB board and heat did they come out unfortunately however there are still two contacts firmly in the board Anyway as you can all imagine the inevitable happened The board warped slightly and on one of the corner points the iron went through and splintered the side picture attached A couple of questions Number And I think I already know the answer to this As this has happened will this be detrimental to the running of the laptop I m going to guess that the second I turn it on should I be successful in replacing that the power will short and the world will end or something Number Since last using the laptop I can only assume that the rest of the components processor RAM Drive etc are still in good working order and I m wondering just how successful anyone may think it would be to sell the laptop as spare parts or would I be better off taking into the yard with a shotgun Sorry about the cynical nature of this post that s just how I am that and I m incredibly annoyed at myself for thinking that me soldering iron delicate electronics was ever going to have any other outcome than this nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/splintered-pcb-board.171757/
Relevancy 29.67%

Need info old board P4SD-VL

Hi,

<I'm trying to fix a very old pc; it's almost ready but I can't set front USB ports.>

Thatīs what I said. But more than a simple thing I need; USB frontal ports are working now. The matter is I canīt find drivers to set Sound, LAN, Modem... The pc is working fine, I've installed operating system, office programs and some other software without trouble.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Mauricio

A:Need old board P4SD-VL front USB pin description

Who made the motherboards chipset? VIA?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-old-board-p4sd-vl-front-usb-pin-description.170893/
Relevancy 28.81%

hello, ive had this desktop computer for years now and the processor is extremely outdated. I have been looking around trying to figure out how i can upgrade the processor speed but it seems the more i look up the less i know about computers...

anyways i have: Board: MICRO-STAR MS-7184
Serial Number: 5922655884

current proccessor: 2.00 gigahertz AMD Athlon 64
256 kilobyte primary memory cache
1024 kilobyte secondary memory cache
64-bit ready
Not hyper-threaded

I believe the socket is a 939? when i looked up these specs i found that the highest processor i can place is " AMD Athlon 64 X2 (up to 4800+) and Sempron (up to 3200+) processors".

Can anyone verify this?Or is it not worth investing in a new processor? i am looking to find the best upgrade rather then spending cash to buy a new computer. Any advice would be extremely appreciated.

A:Looking to upgrade processor, board Micro-Star MS-7184

Hey Noctis,

Truth be told you are better off upgrading your Motherboard, RAM, and Processor if you want to see any substantial difference. A socket 939 is quite a bit old and since then they have move onto the AM2, AM2+, AM3, AM3+, etc sockets for AMD Mobos and Processors.

Socket 939 processors are to the point where they are no longer just old enough to be cheap. Since they are no longer made they are old enough to be more expensive than modern counterparts in many cases.

When upgrading the MOBO and CPU you want to look into more than just the processor speed. Important factors are also the types and amount of cache for a processor, number of cores, and RAM that can be used with that CPU.

The newer Athlon II X2s as an example are a significant leap from the original Athlon 64s and a discerning buyer online can find them significantly cheap. AM2+ boards are currently somewhat inexpensive and so is DDR2 RAM. They are currently at the stage where they are old enough to be somewhat cheap but with the newest socket and processors being sold by AMD now it may change iwthin the next few years to start getting expensive again from being old enough.

You also have the route of a AM3 with DDR2 or DDR3 Ram option available which are also moderately priced.

If you check out the website pricewatch.com you can look at pricing for several different mobos, cpus, etc from various websites easily. I just completed a full build including case, HDD, Mobo, CPU, DVD-RW, RAM, Graphics card, etc for just over $350.00

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/looking-to-upgrade-processor-board-micro-star-ms-7184.170905/
Relevancy 29.24%

will my system HP p7-1037c be able to use a (sorry can't post a link yet i need 5 posts) startech 400 watt psu( ATX2POW400HS)? if not, do you have any recommended psu i could use?

A:Compatible PSU

Any quality 500 Watt or bigger ATX wattage power supply will work...

Some quality brands are:
Antec, Corsair, Thermaltake, OZC

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/compatible-psu.170169/
Relevancy 29.24%

ok so i'm planning on building my first pc and i looked around newegg and this is what i managed to get

motherboard
processor
heat sink
ram * 2
case
video/graphics card
power supply
hard drive
cd drive
monitor
speakers
os windows 7 64-bit

yeah im kinda of in a budget (I'm kind of new on building and i have an extra $200 left for upgrades / or to buy more components-e.g a case fan, sound card.

If I were you I would wait for AMD's bulldozer series. Your motherboard supports it and you will have better performance.

If you want to save about 100 bucks then I would recommend the 6950 instead. It is cheaper and if you want to invest more in the 6950, then buy the toxic version from sapphire and overclock you will reach the 6970. You can also unlock it into a 6970. I heard it unlocks pretty well. And it also is the top 6950 on the market.

I would choose a different PSU. I would get a Corsair GS800 or if you want to invest more then a Corsair HX850 (modular). Mind you, the PSU is a little bit bigger than the normal ATX.

I would go for a different monitor. A 1920x 1080 or higher would make better use of your components, unless you will get 2 more via eyefinity.

That's all I can see so far.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/are-these-parts-compatible.170003/
Relevancy 29.24%

I am planning on building my own PC. I would like it to last for about 2 or 3 years and run games well. Will this be good enough?

Here are the specs that might be used:

CPU Intel i5 2500k -188,30 ?
MotherBoard ASUS P8P67-M PRO (rev 3.0) - 129,81 ?
CPU Cooler CORSAIR Cooling Hydro Series H50 - 69,84 ?
GPU MSI R6950 Twin Frozr III Power Edition/OC - 252.89 ?
RAM CORSAIR 8GB KIT DDR3 1600MHz - 77,02 ?
PSU CORSAIR CX600 - 57,26?
Case CoolerMaster Dominator CM 690 Lite II Black - 77,51?
HDD SAMSUNG SpinPoint EcoGreen F2 1500GB - 62.69 ?
DVD drive SONY Optiarc AD-7260S - 17.74 ?

If you have any suggestions for improvements please tell me.

Thanks in advance

A:Will this build be compatible?

Looks a nice build, don't think you'll have a problem installing the power supply as the CX600 is a standard size unit. Depending on your budget, you might consider a Western Digital Caviar Black, pretty reliable and come in 1, 1.5 & 2TB capacities. As far as the DVD, there are quite a few choices including Lite-On, Samsung, ASUS & LG which should work for you. Depending on your budget, Plextor makes a nice CD/DVD Burner for just a bit more money.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/will-this-build-be-compatible.166750/
Relevancy 29.24%

Hey I was planning to build a new PC mainly because my current one is pretty beat up and old I don t want something high-end but I want something that will be able to run World of Warcraft on good ultra settings with decent fps So I went and looked up certain parts and it seems like they are compatible with one another but I want to these parts PC compatible? Are double-check Also I would appreciate if you guys gave any tips hints like should I change a certain part or something Motherboard http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Graphics Card http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Power Supply http www newegg Are these PC parts compatible? com Product Product aspx Item N E Processor http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Hard Drive http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E CD DVD Burner http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Case http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Are these PC parts compatible?

Yes,
the parts are compatible

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/are-these-pc-parts-compatible.169779/
Relevancy 28.38%

I need to know if all these parts are compatible with eachother because I am going to be setting up monitors to this one computer I Parts gaming computer? for compatible play games and I want to be able to watch like a movie on one screen play games on another screen and have music playing on the other just an example So are these parts good enough to be able to run any game on the highest damanded settings and able to be running other programs on the other monitors at the same time without any problems Thanks Case http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Motherboard http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Hard Drive http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Video Card http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Power Supply http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E RAM http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Processor http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Fan http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Monitors per http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Well that s it and try to go easy on me it s my first one lol Thanks nbsp

A:Parts compatible for gaming computer?

I need to know if all these parts are compatible with eachother because I am going to be setting up 3 monitors to this one computer. I play games and I want to be able to watch like a movie on one screen, play games on another screen and have music playing on the other (just an example). So are these parts good enough to be able to run any game on the highest damanded settings and able to be running other programs on the other monitors at the same time without any problems? Thanks!Click to expand...

Hmm, no.
To do that, you'll need to just run the game in windows mode and just throw it to the side, I think. I don't think you need a separate monitor to play music.

Antec High Current Gamer Series HCG-520 520W ATX12V v2.3 / EPS12V v2.91 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply
Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz (3.7GHz Turbo Boost) 4 x 256KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor BX80623I52500K
CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9B
ASRock Z68 PRO3 LGA 1155 Intel Z68 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 HD103SJ 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

I'm not entirely sure that that card will have three display ports natively.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/parts-compatible-for-gaming-computer.168528/
Relevancy 28.81%

Hi y'all

I got a Intel Server Board L440GX with the dual Pentium III processors and i cant get it to recognize the Mylex eXtreme RAID 2000 FW 7.01-00. I have never configured a raid before but i think i got it right(not sure) anyway the bios says that no h.d. or likewise is installed. I ain't got any ideas on what to do please help

A:Intel server board L440GX RAID issues

bwta, sound like you better take a look at:
http://download.intel.com/support/motherboards/server/l440gx/AcceleRAID1_0.pdf

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/intel-server-board-l440gx-raid-issues.168173/
Relevancy 27.95%

Hello,
I would like to know the AMD Phenom II x6 is compatible with the MSI 785GM-E51 motherboard. I currently have that board and I am not sure if I should get a newer motherboard when buying the Phenom II x6 1100T.

Thanks in advance.

A:Is the AMD Phenom II x6 1100T compatible with the MSI 785GM-E51 motherboard?

Yes, the link below contains the CPU support list for the motherboard in question. Just as a pointer to you or others that may view this thread in the future; you can always search the website of your motherboard manufacturer and then check the CPU support list and QVL (Qualified Vending list) for compatible memory before purchasing items.

CPU support list: http://www.msi.com/product/mb/785GM-E51.html#?div=CPUSupport
Memory support list: http://www.msi.com/file/test_report/TR10_1866.pdf

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-the-amd-phenom-ii-x6-1100t-compatible-with-the-msi-785gm-e51-motherboard.167878/
Relevancy 27.95%

It's getting to be upgrade time again.

Going to go the server route, probably 1366 Xeon.

My questions are:

1. Do Xeon 1366's have different hole alignment/spacing that consumer 1366's?

2. If so, can anyone recommend some water blocks other than Koolance, which I know I can use, to take a look at?

Thanks for any help.

A:Socket 1366 Xeon - can anyone recommend compatible waterblocks?

Im pretty sure all 1366 motherboards use the same mounting holes. So any waterblock for the 1366 socket should be compatible.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/socket-1366-xeon-can-anyone-recommend-compatible-waterblocks.161388/
Relevancy 28.81%

If a mother board says it's compatible with DDR3 ram does it mean any type? For example PC3-10666 and PC3-12800?

I'm confused because this motherboard is compatible with DDR3 but this RAM doesn't list the motherboard model with compatible types?

A:How to tell what types of RAM a motherboard is compatible with?

If you go directly to (in this example) to Gigabytes support website for the motherboards model, you will see complete memory specs. If you follow the specs you won't have any problems or confusion

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-tell-what-types-of-ram-a-motherboard-is-compatible-with.165844/
Relevancy 28.38%

I was wanting some help in determining if these were compatible I don t want to waste money on incompatible sure a Building computer, compatible are if not these parts hardware Sorry I couldn t post links to the websites that I found these on I Building a computer, not sure if these parts are compatible am a new member and I don t have a high enough post count Case Antec Dark Fleet DF- Price Power Supply Antec TruePower Quattro TPQ- Price Mother Board ASUS Rampage III Extreme Price Hard Drive Western Digital WD AAEX GB SATA Gbps MB RPM Price Graphics Card XFX HD- A-ZNFC Radeon HD Juniper XT GB -bit GDDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card Price Sound Card Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal ty Pro Series Sound card - kHz - -bit Price OS Windows Ultimate -Bit Price Core Processor Intel Core i - Sandy Bridge GHz GHz Turbo Boost x KB L Cache MB L Cache LGA W Quad-Core Desktop Processor BX I Price RAM Corsair XMS GB x GB DDR MHz PC - Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory CMX GX M A C -Pin - - - Non-ECC Unbuffered V Price DVD-ROM Samsung SH-B L - DVD RW R DL DVD-RAM BD-ROM drive - Serial ATA - x CD x DVD x BD x CD x DVD R x DVD R DL x CD x DVD-RW x DVD RW x DVD-RAM - Internal - Black Price Monitor ASUS ASUS INCH WIDE LCD MONITOR VW H DVI HDMI HDCP SPEAKER CD MS MS BLACK - VW H Price nbsp

A:Building a computer, not sure if these parts are compatible

A 1200W power supply seems way overkill considering the relatively modest single graphics card. You didn't state the purpose of the PC. If it's gaming, were you planning to upgrade the graphics card as well as doubling up with crossfire later? If not, consider starting out with a better card now.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-a-computer-not-sure-if-these-parts-are-compatible.164680/
Relevancy 29.67%

Hi, (First Post)

While it is often true that when you get no post after startup, that it is often the powersupply - it would be nice to know if the motherboard is functioning properly.
I use power supply testers, a great time saver, but does anyone know of a reasonalby inexpensive motherboard tester on the market?

A:Board test equipment

Well, I have seen a few mobo/ram testers on Ebay but have no idea how good they are. Just do a search on there for motherboard tester and several will come up, they are about Ģ20.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/board-test-equipment.162741/
Relevancy 27.95%

Hi,
If the integrated ATI Radeon HD 4250 on Asus M4A88T-M gets crossfired(x) with HD5770, will they run DX11 applications?
Thank for your help

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ati-radeon-hd-4250-crossfirex-dx11-compatible.161962/
Relevancy 28.81%

ok first off i got this board second hand from my brother he couldnt get it to work at all however he thought it was a video card compatability issue He had a ATI Radeon card and its an NVIDIA chipset on the board Now that ive giving a tiny bit of back ground ill give you the systems specs or atleast the specs itll be once its working and can see things CPU Intel core duo E RAM GB DDR x OCZ REAPER Motherboard As mentioned EVGA NVIDIA i sli GPU GEforce GS PSU Sparkle W gold class TB for storage and a GB + no =( sli output board video Evga 680i Nvidia for the OS Thats whats in my box and the box itself is a Rosewill Evga Nvidia 680i sli board + no video output =( CRUISER So far everything looks like its powers up right and and the HDD spins up it seems like its posting correctly i jus cant get anyvideo out of it Any suggestions would be helpful also keyboards will not work in any usb port and on the mointer it says entering power save mode it detects the cable being there but does not get a signal ive tried multiple keyboards and multiple video cables nbsp

A:Evga Nvidia 680i sli board + no video output =(

sounds like it's just a faulty board... it doesn't matter if you have a single ATI or NVIDIA card, it should work with either

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/evga-nvidia-680i-sli-board-no-video-output.160688/
Relevancy 27.95%

Was wondering if anyone can suggest a Good HSF for the new socket 1155

A:Good cooler that is compatible with Socket 1155?

nvm i just read that they are same as 1156 coolers so sorry to bother you all.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/good-cooler-that-is-compatible-with-socket-1155.159420/
Relevancy 29.24%

hey guys i got a little problem

i got a cpu processor AMD athlon (tm) 64 x2 Dual core 4200+ 2.2GHZ ( 2 cpu's)C
graphic card : Nvidia geforce 8400 GS

atm im running with 1 gb ram but gonan buy another and better one. what ram do u recommend : 3 gig ram OR 4 gig ram to be compatable with cpu ??

A:RAM compatible with CPU?

Wouldn't it be helpful to know the motherboard, and the operating system ? That information is what is usually needed first... then the memory answer comes fairly quickly.
I would not want to try to match the existing memory module, but rather to buy new modules all of the same brand and specs... mixing memory modules too often slows things down a bit.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ram-compatible-with-cpu.159507/
Relevancy 29.67%

Hello I have a desktop with motherboard Via KT CF- ruinign on windows xp I had a MB memory and the computer was running very slow with lots K7VTA3 ECS RAM v8) fully isn't recognized (board of RAM isn't fully recognized (board ECS K7VTA3 v8) lags I decided to buy some more memory and bought the lot of two kit Kingston KVR X C AK total of GB I opened the computer and inserted the two memory sticks on the motherboard and switch on the computer As it runs BIOS says only MB Ram and not GB RAM Other times it reads sometimes says MB and one time said MB RAM Its very strange this Whats going on I dont know but the site says that the board accepts DDR SDRAM Did I bought a wrong set of memory sticks or is it something wrong in the computer data from Everest software ID Motherboard -KT CF- -K VTA C- Motherboard ECS K VTA v Physical Memory Total MB Used MB Free MB Utilization North Bridge VIA VT Apollo KT Thanks Boto nbsp

A:RAM isn't fully recognized (board ECS K7VTA3 v8)

I dont know but the site says that the board accepts DDR200/266/333 SDRAM.Click to expand...

You bought DDR400 so I'd say your RAM is not supported by your motherboard. Also, the voltage standard for your motherboard is 2.5 volts. Your RAM needs 2.6 volts although it should still run if your motherboard supported it in the first place. You might be able to bump up the voltage in the BIOS but I can't say for sure.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ram-isnt-fully-recognized-board-ecs-k7vta3-v8.159153/
Relevancy 28.38%

Okay, my board is as described. I have a black bank and a blue bank. I plan on upgrading to 8 gigs of RAM this spring. With my motherboard's setup, would I benefit more from 2 sticks of 4 gig RAM or 4 sticks of 2 gig RAM?

A link to my board:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...8&cm_re=M4A785TD-V_EVO-_-13-131-398-_-Product

A:Dual-channel capable board, with 4 DIMM slots in 2 different colors--questions

Link us to your motherboard's website. The manual should contain the correct memory configurations.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dual-channel-capable-board-with-4-dimm-slots-in-2-different-colors-questions.158183/
Relevancy 27.52%

Hello everyone I have a rig I built and a half years ago that I m trying to upgrade piece by piece which includes the following hardware - AMD x ghz - gb ddr ram - ATI Radeon x xt mb - a r MVP-deluxe motherboard - w cooler master power supply I obviously need to upgrade this system to play some decent games and for D animation and I wanted to upgrade my videocard specifically I was looking at the radeon as it has some pretty good specs and isn t too expensive I will upgrade my mobo and everything good a8r32 compatible Asus cards? MVP-deluxe, video any later but I can t until I allocate more funds Would a be compatible with my mobo it would only be temporary I already ordered a new power supply w for decent power I just want to get rid of this x xt as it overheats like crazy and causes artifacts constantly What Asus a8r32 MVP-deluxe, any good compatible video cards? would you recommend i do My next mobo will be good and i want to upgrade to a quad core phenom or maybe an i I m on the fence when it comes to processors Thanks for reading nbsp

A:Asus a8r32 MVP-deluxe, any good compatible video cards?

Any PCI-e x16 video card will work... Your motherboard can accommodate 2 of these video cards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-a8r32-mvp-deluxe-any-good-compatible-video-cards.158852/
Relevancy 28.81%

So I recently had my main computer crash and break to the point I need a new computer so I figured I'd make it worth it this time.

Here's the deal: (add the www to see it)tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=6327547&SRCCODE=GOOGLEBASE&cm_mmc_o=VRqCjC7BBTkwCjCECjCE

Everything on there seems decent but I am curious about the board itself. Would the Intel Desktop Board DP55WB Motherboard be good for gaming, which I wish to use my computer mainly for. I have at most a 700 dollar budget and this seems like a nice deal for it. I plan on putting a Geforce GTX 580 graphics card in it as soon as I get the money as a little side note if it matters.

A:Intel desktop board DP55WB motherboard for gaming?

Pyron92 said:

So I recently had my main computer crash and break to the point I need a new computer so I figured I'd make it worth it this time.

Here's the deal: (add the www to see it)tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=6327547&SRCCODE=GOOGLEBASE&cm_mmc_o=VRqCjC7BBTkwCjCECjCE

Everything on there seems decent but I am curious about the board itself. Would the Intel Desktop Board DP55WB Motherboard be good for gaming, which I wish to use my computer mainly for. I have at most a 700 dollar budget and this seems like a nice deal for it. I plan on putting a Geforce GTX 580 graphics card in it as soon as I get the money as a little side note if it matters.Click to expand...

I'd suggest looking at the same chipset, but in either Gigabyte or Asus brands. Intel boards are fine, as much as it goes, but the BIOS is very limited as to configuration for different memory, and overclocking options. Intel really markets it's boards as mainstream items, intended for average users and businesses, they're not really aimed at the enthusiast.

The feature set can vary widely from board to board, and you should have a look at these pages to see which board has the capabilities you need;

Asus P-55; http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...600008069 600008216&IsNodeId=1&name=Intel P55

Gigabyte P-55; http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...600008069 600008216&IsNodeId=1&name=Intel P55

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/intel-desktop-board-dp55wb-motherboard-for-gaming.157197/
Relevancy 28.81%

My name is Vic and this is going to be my first build I have been Is - build it First suggestions compatible and/or any doing a bit of research for the last few days and have come up with this build the price of this build not including the monitor is about If anyone has any tips or suggestions it would be greatly First build - Is it compatible and/or any suggestions appreciated Thanks again Approximate Purchase Date As soon as Possible First build - Is it compatible and/or any suggestions Budget Range Around System Usage from Most to Least Important Gaming movies Parts Not Required OS mouse keyboard hopefully monitor CPU - Intel Core i - Lynnfield GHz MB L Cache LGA W Quad-Core Desktop Processor BX I Motherboard - BIOSTAR T XE CFX-SLI LGA Intel P ATX Intel Motherboard Graphics - SAPPHIRE SR Radeon HD GB -bit GDDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card with Eyefinity PSU - CORSAIR CMPSU- VX W ATX V V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i Power Supply Memory - CORSAIR XMS GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Desktop Memory Model CMX GX M A C Hard drive - Western Digital Caviar Black WD AALS GB RPM MB Cache SATA Gb s quot Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive CPU Cooler - ARCTIC COOLING Freezer Pro Rev mm Fluid Dynamic CPU Cooler CD DVD Drive - Sony Optiarc Black X DVD R X DVD RW X DVD R DL X DVD-R X DVD-RW X DVD-RAM X DVD-ROM X CD-R X CD-RW X CD-ROM MB Cache SATA CD DVD Burner - OEM Case - Antec Nine Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case Possible Monitor - ASUS VH H Black quot ms HDMI Full P Widescreen LCD Monitor cd m ASCR Built in Speakers Thanks for any advice nbsp

A:First build - Is it compatible and/or any suggestions

Sounds good, actually.
I like this motherboard a little more though.
GIGABYTE GA-P55A-UD3 LGA 1156 Intel P55 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

IMO worth the extra $2.
OCZ Reaper HPC Edition 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Low Voltage Desktop Memory Model OCZ3RPR1600C8LV4GK

Got some thermal paste?
Also, built in monitor speakers aren't really nice.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/first-build-is-it-compatible-and-or-any-suggestions.155427/
Relevancy 27.95%

So im looking for a compatible processor upgrade for my old Looking good processor upgrade.. for any suggestions? compatible a Dell XPS It currently holds the Core Duo E I am limited to buying only from newegg com and all I can see thats on the list is the E but its the wolfdale model would this be compatible I was also looking at the wolfdale E and E series just trying to see if anyone has had any luck with these in a XPS I want to get the best upgrade possible and I know there are more processors that work besides whats on their compatibility list which Ive attached below Thanks for any help this is dells list of compatible processors for the XPS with the BIOS update PR Presler P G X MB Looking for a good compatible processor upgrade.. any suggestions? FSB D UY Presler P G X MB FSB C YW Presler P G X MB FSB D XJ Presler P G X MB FSB C PU Presler PD G X MB FSB D DK Presler P G X MB FSB C RT Presler P G X MB FSB C UJ Presler P G X MB FSB C CJ Presler P G x MB FSB B DK Cedar Mill G MB FSB C PN Cedar Mill G MB FSB D PY Cedar Mill G MB FSB C KU Cedar Mill G MB FSB D PY Cedar Mill G MB FSB C DK Cedar Mill G MB FSB C DT Cedar Mill G MB FSB D HU Conroe E G MB FSB L DX Conroe E G MB FSB L RX Conroe E G MB FSB M DT Conroe E G MB FSB B DU Conroe E G MB FSB L DX Conroe E G MB FSB B DU Conroe E G MB FSB L KN Conroe E G MB FSB B DX Conroe E G MB FSB B KU Conroe E G MB FSB B PN Conroe E G MB FSB B WM Conroe XE X G MB FSB B FG Smithfield P G MB FSB Mainstream B UY Smithfield P G X MB FSB B HU Kentsfield Quad Core Q G MB FSB B MP Kentsfield Quad Core Q G MB FSB G UT Prescott P G FSB MB ALT G UT Prescott P G FSB MB ALT G UY Prescott P G MB FSB G thanks guys nbsp

A:Looking for a good compatible processor upgrade.. any suggestions?

The Q6600 seems the most future proof to me? but does Newegg sell it? sorry, not had a look at the site so, probably would be a good starting place.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/looking-for-a-good-compatible-processor-upgrade-any-suggestions.154559/
Relevancy 27.52%

Audio card for Dell Dimension compatible with Windows Hello everybody Fresh member and glad to be here Lemme start with a problem I am hoping somebody here can help me with Last weekend I upgraded my Dell Dimension to Windows After some work finally I am left with just one compatibility issue it came with the SoundMax Integrated Digital Audio card Dell compatible 8300 for Dimension card with 7? Windows Video and I am unable to find drivers for it that work Video card for Dell Dimension 8300 compatible with Windows 7? with Windows I searched online and found a few others have hit Video card for Dell Dimension 8300 compatible with Windows 7? this problem and even suggested solutions which didn t work for me I am guessing I will simply have to bite the bullet and buy a replacement audio card Problem is how do I make sure that an Audio card is compatible with both the hardware Dell Dimension and the software Win I am not a gamer so am not looking for the best-of-the-best just something that allow me to play songs and video And yes the integrated in the existing card s name - does it mean I cannot remove it or it is integrated with something else video card Will that be an issue thanks - radhak nbsp

A:Video card for Dell Dimension 8300 compatible with Windows 7?

Welcome!

you can try DriverEasy and see if it finds any working drivers(?) it was recommended to me also here on TechSpot so now I pass it on for me it works really good, the only down side with the free version of the program is that the download is really slow (limited to 8-20kbps).

Do you mean you want to remove the integrated wound card? -basically everything that is "integrated" can be disabled (in the bios) but not removed. If you get an other sound card and install it then most likely the bios will automatically disable the integrated sound card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-card-for-dell-dimension-8300-compatible-with-windows-7.154400/
Relevancy 27.95%

My Promise FastTrak 378 Controller is not compatible with Windows 7. Any recommendations on what controller I should replace my current controller with and is Windows 7 compatible? I have gone to stores to purchase whatever I may have needed for my computer only to end up having to return my purchase. Apparently, the sales people did not understand what "compatible with Windows 7" meant. Since I still have a lot to learn in the land of computers, I need a little help.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-promise-fasttrak-378-controller-is-not-compatible-with-windows-7.154258/
Relevancy 27.52%

Please help! I am replacing an old PCI Graphic Card that ran ATI with a new Diamond Stealth S60 Radeon 7000 ATI PCI Graphic Adapter. But during the driver installation I receive the message "This display driver is not compatible with the display adapter installed in your system". I have tried using the Driver CD that came with the adapter and also downloaded the driver software from the manufacture site. Even attempted to remove all ATI software files and drivers and perform clean install. No Luck same message. Oh, and this is a custom built systems with Windows XP home/ P4. Therefore there is no onboard adapter in the bios to disable.

A:Diamond Stealth S60 Radeon 7000 display driver not compatible

Are you trying to install the drivers with your old card in the pc?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/diamond-stealth-s60-radeon-7000-display-driver-not-compatible.153804/
Relevancy 28.81%

Ok I am very new to building PCs so I apologise in advance

I have purchased computer parts that i thought would work together but alas I cannot get the PC to turn on, the parts I have are as followed:

Intel X58 Motherboard
Intel i7 920x Processor
XFX GeForces GTS250 Graphics Card
XFX 650 XXX Edition Power Supply
Western Digital Cavier Green 2TB Hard Drive

I then have a Samsung CD Drive and a Soundblaster 7.1 sound card but not sure if they are important.

All parts are brand new aswell

Thanks

A:Are my computer parts compatible

They are compatible. I would not have chosen the WD Green at 2TB.

What CPU cooler do you have... did it come with the i7 ?
What memory modules ?
What operating system?

Doe you mean that it doesn't boot or that it does not turn on at all.?

You need a way to setup the hard drive. Do you have another hard drive available?

First thing to do is double check the setup of every component... when you are rested and relaxed...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/are-my-computer-parts-compatible.152965/
Relevancy 28.81%

This is my first so any nooby help would be appreciated.

- Corsair TX750W 750-Watt Power Supply -
- Corsair XMS3 Tri Channel 6GB PC12800 DDR3 Memory 1600MHz -
- EVGA X58 SLI LE Motherboard -
- EVGA AR GeForce GTX 460 Video Card - 1024MB -
- Windows 7 64bit Pro
- Western Digital WD5000AAKS Caviar Blue Hard Drive -
- COOLER MASTER Storm Scout -
- Asus DRW-24B1ST 24X Internal DVD Burner -
- Intel Core i7 930 Processor BX80601930 -

I think i listed everything. Thank you greatly, in advance.
Also if you know a good CPU cooler.
I guess i can't post the links sorry. =(

A:Are these parts compatible? + suggestions?

In spite of the fact that it's just asking to be confused, I would wait for a few more opinions on the motherboard.

Win 7 64 bit pro is about the best choice for an OS you could make at the moment.

The WD Caviar blue, I'd rather see you grab the same drive in a Caviar Black. (Once you've had a Caviar Black, you'll never go back). What does that even mean.......

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/are-these-parts-compatible-suggestions.152803/
Relevancy 29.67%

how do u know if u have on board sound card on ibm

A:How do you now if you have on board sound card

The easiest recognition sign would be 3.5mm jack plugs on the rear panel of the motherboard.
http://www.dansdata.com/images/a7a266/sndconns400.jpg
3 (Green, blue, pink) is common on older boards, 4, 5 or more commonly 6 jacks for newer (and 5.1 +) sound codecs.
If you post some details of the system/board the forum will be able to give you a more definitive answer.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-do-you-now-if-you-have-on-board-sound-card.152783/
Relevancy 29.24%

Wondering if anyone has tried a non-Nocona, E-ATX dual Xeon board in the HAF 932. I'm talking one of the newer Dual-Xeon boards. I know I lose the single-CPU ATX back opening, but I'm more concerned about if it actually handles a dual-Xeon E-ATX board.

Thanks for any help.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cooler-master-haf-932-e-atx-dual-xeon-board-anyone-tried-it.152497/
Relevancy 55.9%

I plan to upgrade my video card from geforce 9500GT to geforece GTS250.. my mother board model is gigabyte GA-M61PME-S2P..

A:Is the GeForce GTS250 compatible with a DDR2 board and PCIe slot?

Yes.
Powersupply? Just making sure...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-the-geforce-gts250-compatible-with-a-ddr2-board-and-pcie-slot.152306/
Relevancy 24.94%

I was trying to play Neverwinter Nights on my laptop The install went fine but when i tried to play the game i gave me the error message quot no Error "no compatible found" device message direct3d direct d compatible device found quot I updated direct X and the driver Error message "no direct3d compatible device found" for the video adapter My best guess is that i need to get a better graphics card to get it to work I looked around a little and from what i hear the best choice for this laptop is to get a Nvidia geforce go the problem with that however is that i have yet to find anybody who actually has one I checked newegg amazon ebay and of course with Nvidia themselves but the only one i ve found is already installed in a laptop Specs My computer is a dell xps running windows pro The processor is a Intel core duo T GHz The video is onboard Mobile Intel Express Chip Set Family It has GB of RAM Let me know if there is any other information about my specs you need to help me with this Any help or advice you can offer would be appreciated nbsp

A:Error message "no direct3d compatible device found"

Double check your laptop manual but when I checked it, I saw no way to add or change the graphics. You will have to live with what you have.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/error-message-no-direct3d-compatible-device-found.152293/
Relevancy 27.09%

Sims 2 help?
I played Sims 2 yesterday and it was working. I have no expansions for The Sims 2. I do have downloaded content. I just don't know why whenever I startup the Sims 2 this message comes up "Failed to find any DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapters in this system!Please make sure you have a direct X9.0c compatible graphics adapter and have installed the latest drivers provided by the manufacturer. The application will now terminate."I did run dxdiag and I have X9.0c on my computer. Sims 2 is the only game I have on this computer so I made sure I had enough space. ​Help please!
I have tried cleaning the disk and taking off all of the downloadable content
Thank you!

A:Sims 2 failed to find any DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapter in this system

What graphics card do you have? Also, did you try to install the latest graphics driver available for you card?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sims-2-failed-to-find-any-directx-9-0c-compatible-graphics-adapter-in-this-system.150870/