Windows Support Forum

pc tower humming

Q: pc tower humming

i have a yr old desktop hp humming tower pc pc with mb of mem recently added motherboard is a trigem have celeron processer ghz i have two fans inside case first one is cpu fan the other fan is inclose inside its own case inside the pc tower and blows hot air outside the pc through the back below that is a vent the sides of pc tower have vents but are small the pc tower is sitting on two sm bricks that allow air to flow underneath it i have the pc tower in a desk cabinet with the door on the front that can be open which i have open when pc is on the back of the cabinet is open pc tower humming so air can escape and so i can hook up wires to pc i also have made sm pc tower humming vents in both sides of desk cabinet to allow for cross ventlation thus my problem i still notice a humming from pc at times when visiting gaming sites not the poker sites but sites like teagames com mousebreaker com etc i usually download sm size games under mb but don t play them everyday what i notice is when i do play these games after a while i notice pc get noiser and right side of tower gets a little warm to the touch leaving site pc quiets down and tower cools off but i still notice faint humming noise coming from pc almost have to put ear to tower to hear it any ideas or thoughs on a possible solution would be big help nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: pc tower humming

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 77.4%

I have a basic acer aspire tower, recently it started to make a loud humming noise off and on, It first happened when I was playing a facebook game and when I turned the game off it stopped. It has become more and more frequent and will happen most of the time now no matter what I am doing. If I tap the tower firmly on the side sometimes that will make it stop. I am also getting frequent messages that adobe flash player has stopped working and that freezes the page for longer than it should until it starts working again- not sure if this is related. Before this happened the computer ran quietly and quickly for what I use it for- which is email, shopping, surfing and no gaming besides the facebook games where I initially had the problem.

Relevancy 50.31%

hi, I am going to upgrade my graphic card to ATI 5770 so I need a new power supply which has power about 550--600 watt. But the most frustrating problem is that I failed to find a proper power supply with the correct dimension.
I have an HP pavilion e9300 which uses a very wired power supply tower-150mm(W) 86(H) 140(D). But so far all the PSUs I found is the standard size --150mm(W) 86(H) 150(D) which cannot fit in my setup.

So could any PC God give me some suggestion, please??
Is any PSU with the size of my tower or can I just simply install a bigger PSU which can still successfully power up the comptuer?

Thx in adance.

A:Power supply bigger than the tower - frustrated by HP PSU tower

If the power supply will physically fit your case, it should work fine with your computer. Will the extra 10mm interfere internally with anything inside the PC?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/power-supply-bigger-than-the-tower-frustrated-by-hp-psu-tower.148841/
Relevancy 49.45%

I need to retrieve some old info from my old tower. Is it possible to hook the old tower to the new one and use it as a big memory bank? And if so, how do I do it?

A:Hooking old tower to new tower to retrieve old programs

This TCP/IP Home Networking and File Sharing Tutorial should get you started.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hooking-old-tower-to-new-tower-to-retrieve-old-programs.613660/
Relevancy 47.73%

Forgot to ask this in my last thread. Is there any difference between a mid-tower ATX case and a full-tower other than height? Thanks.

Relevancy 44.72%

I just noticed the sound of the fan whirring when I start the computer. It's pretty loud, but I'm not sure if it's been there all along and I just didn't notice it.

The first time I noticed it, a black screen came up telling me windows could not start normally and to hit #2 to start up windows normally.

Ever since then, the computer starts up with the fan working really hard then quiets down after load up.

Should I be worried?

A:fan humming on boot up

Some systems do this, the fan on me E6300 whizzes on switching on for about a couple of seconds then goes quiet. But you should have a look to see if the fan on the CPU is spinning more slowly or erratically as that would indicate it may be on its way out

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/fan-humming-on-boot-up.513760/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi, I've got a Dell computer and I have had it for just about 6 months. Until last week, when I booted up, you couldn't tell it was even on. But starting last week, it has got like a steady humming noise. It is really annoying and driving me crazy. I wouldn't have thought anything if it had done it from the beginning, but like I said it just started last week. Anyone know what to do?

Thanks, Tammy

Relevancy 44.72%

Hi. For last 2 days im having a problem with my sound box. From my sound box i get a loud constant sound like "POOOOO", a humming.

But i can listen to music(with lesser quality than before). This humming is being created in the sunuffer and getting out through speakers.And humming starts whne i on the speaker and it offs when i off the switch.

and Im using Microlab M580. using it for 6 years.

Can u plz tell me what happend to it?

A:Humming From Sound box.

Can you try another set of speakers? Could be time for new set

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/humming-from-sound-box.1071978/
Relevancy 44.72%

well this morning i was getting on my computer and i heard astrange buzzing/humming sound...from my computer...im not sure what it is but its probobly the hardrive for XP becuase when i was in XP it buzzed and when i was in LINUX and went to browse for a file in the xp harddrive it started...i have rebooted and it is all still the excact same.????

A:Buzzing...humming...

check for a fan going bad, or a wire or something rubbing against a fan. Could be the hard drive is loose in the drive bay and vibrating

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/buzzing-humming.209420/
Relevancy 44.72%

I have a pentium 166mhz computer that is about 4 1/2 years old. It has recently been humming when I first boot up. I thought that the problem might be that I have too many programs taking up space. I tried to remove any of the programs that I no longer use. But when I use the programs uninstaller function I sometimes get a message that states: unable to locate the installation log file. Could this be part of the problem and is there a way to find the installation log or might you be able to tell me what happened to the log files. I hope you can help me.
Chanter000

Relevancy 44.72%

Hey guy s One day ago I got a humming noise coming from my beast PC I looked up what it could be and I found out Humming ? HDD Solved: that Hard drives can make this sound when they are about to fail It also can be a fan but I really don t think that s the case Today when booting up the beast I found that my HDD would not start windows I kept seeing a white bar flashing on the top left of my screen I then restarted my PC a few times it kept doing the same flashing bar like there was no HDD around or even anything on it I sat around for about min and unplugged my HDD then replugged it in I then started my pc I clicked F for HDD Options When that came up I clicked on my WDC HDD GB It started windows gt gt gt BUT IT COULD HAVE BEEN THAT IT WAS NOT PLUGGED IN ALL THE WAY lt lt lt ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I would like to know how I can pin point the problem if it is my Hard Drive or just a fan I do have my case open at this moment and have put my ear to fans and my HDD but it s kinda hard to find the source with all the fans moving air around I just need some suggestions on what to do Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 44.29%

Hey.
I just bought a refurbished computer. Set it all up a few days ago and I am getting horrible static and hum and crackle through my speakers, even when the computer is on mute. It also hums a lot louder when I move the mouse. The only thing I can do to make it go away is to unplug the speakers from the computer.
The speakers were fine on my old computer and I had no problems with them. The noise also comes through when headphones are on.

If anyone know knows anything that could help please let me know!

A:Speakers humming and static

Could be a bad jack or audio chip, I'd be trying to return it for exchange.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/speakers-humming-and-static.694595/
Relevancy 44.29%

When my computer is on I can hear a low volume buzzing or humming noise I suppose that is normal but plagued by both a poor memory and standby humming on noise poor hearing I can t recall whether it has always done that or if it is something new It makes the same noise when it is on standby I guess what I m wondering is if for some reason the hard drive keeps spinning when it shouldn t I don t even know what to do to make the hard drive spin when it should so I can compare the sounds I have gone websites and humming noise on standby gone to Works to compose a letter thinking that this should make the hard drive spin but I don t hear any different noise than when I am on standby That is the kind of thing that makes me humming noise on standby wonder if my humming noise on standby hard drive is spinning all the time I would appreciate any suggestions Thanks grandpaw P S Some time back my compute developed a loud sound which turned out to be a bad fan which I have had replaced The current sound is much softer Kind of like a refrigerator running one of the old models like I have nbsp

A:humming noise on standby

Hi again Grandpa, you are always going to have a gentle kind of humming sound when your computer is running, and I guess I would compare it to a refrigerator (a bit softer though). Any program that you open is going to access the hard drive, but you really shouldn't hear much (if any) difference.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/humming-noise-on-standby.39884/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hello,
I have an E-Machine 333K and for the past three months it has been humming and sometimes acting up, as in shutting down or freezing. My brother fixed the shutting down/freezing part and I replaced a small fan (CPU?) because it had two broken blades. I did not replace the heatsink (?) that the fan was attached to. Did not know how to. I think the problem is actually coming from the large fan that is attached to the ceiling of some enclosed device that is attached to the ceiling of the computer (educate me?) and was wondering if I need to replace that fan (what is it called?) or something else. Your advice would be much appreciated. Thanks! X.

A:E-Machine & a humming noise

I believe your talking about the Powersupply? The box with wires coming out of it? Although I've never seen a Powersupply with a fan mounted on the ceiling of the box, so I could be wrong. If you have a big techie-friend guy he could pop open the Powersupply for ya, but even some hot-shot Network Tech's won't break into a Powersupply- It voids your warrantys and you might 'trocute yourself on the thing. Most Powersupplies have your run-of-the-mill 80mm fan connected to the board with a three pin connecter (some older ones I've seen are just wired to the board, though). Installing a new one is pretty easy if your accustomed to the environment. You can get one of these things at BestBuy for like...8 dollars?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/e-machine-a-humming-noise.62967/
Relevancy 44.29%

The fan of the notebook is annoyingly humming, CPU temperature is relatively low but the fun is too active and runs on unnecessary speed, I belive it is the BIOS fun policy issue.Will HP release a new bios to slightly reduce the fun speed?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-Notebooks/Elitebook-820-G3-fan-annoyingly-humming/td-p/5635493
Relevancy 44.29%

Just did it for the first time. A high pitched humming, almost a continuous beeping was being let out.

Happened on restart, and windows XP would not open, only saw a single unscore or hyphen on the dark screen where I think think XP pre-loads/bios opens and it held there on it and wouldn't budge. Powered off the pc and it did it again. Once more, and I'm now using it.

Thought it may be a fan but the high pitch seems to suggest not. Could a fan cause the system to lock/XP not open? Would it have to be the CPU fan to shut it down for safety?

Could of sworn it was coming from the front of the case, where drives are stored. But this didn't seem like a mechanical sound. (unless the platter arm/head wasn't making contact altogether?) Sounded more like an alert.

Relevancy 44.29%

Hoping someone can help me here I m getting this slow throbbing humming hums and goes away repeatedly noise which appears to be coming after PSU installing HD from Humming noise from the PSU after installing another Hard Drive on Serial ATA I have had two hard drives and replaced the second one Humming noise from PSU after installing HD recently for a new one First one still existent with OS Here are my Computer specs if it helps Motherboard ASUS P P SE i PE w onboard Audio Humming noise from PSU after installing HD LAN SATA and USB PSU ATX PS CPU Intel Celeron D GHZ - L Cace MHz FSB RAM PC MB DDR Samsung amp Kingston PC st HD Samsung GB rpm m ATA nd HD WD KS MB SATA II Heres some pieces of info which may help the old HD was fine no noise as it was using the old cables but the new HD requires the new Serial Cable which I purchased to put on the mobo For power its also using the old pin power cable I think I recall the guy at the store mentioning a new power cable available but I can t be certain If that s the case is it possible to switch to the new power cable if available and if so will this solve the issue If not what will Or is it the Hard Drive that s causing the PSU to make the noise or because I am using Serial Cable My old hard drive wasnt making this noise and I was also using the old cables for it Also Is there a way to use the old cables on the newer HD s with Serial cables Would that solve the problem Or does it have to do with the hard drive Feedback is greatly appreciated thank you nbsp

Relevancy 44.29%

Whenever Im playing FIFA World Cup 2002 or Games for that matter, on my Windows 2000 OS, The game suddenly freezes and a constant high pitch humming sound is heard. The wierd thing is that sometimes the players on the screen are still moving around, but I dont have control, and other times it simply just gets stuck. Ctrl-Alt-Del doesnt work sometimes too. I have the updated drivers for my Sound Blaster Live! MP3+ 5.1 Card and ATI Radeon VE 32MB. Please help, Any ideas, solutions, suggestion will be greatly appreciated....
thanks

A:High Pitch Humming

Make sure you are using the latest version of Direct X - version 8.1

Change your display resolution and color depth before launching the game. Like step down to 16bit color or up to 24bit.

Try getting rid of any unnecessary services that are running in the background.

Keep checking for driver updates. They come out all the time, and they could fix your problem too!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/high-pitch-humming.91153/
Relevancy 44.29%

MY speakers hum constantly all the time I did do a search here on BleepingComputer com and found nothing l I was wondering if I have to buy new speakers I just want something little for my desk I have Windows XP and just had it reformatted My speakers are Platinum UBL series My computer is a Compaq It is about yrs old These are the original speakers I did try and put the Speakers Constantly! Humming volumn up to about and Speakers Humming Constantly! it helped for a short period of time Can anyone tell me if I should be buying new ones can I just purchase computer speakers like at Best Buy I am not a real sauvy computer user but I can follow step by step directions I appreciate any help on this matter oh and I must say quot How did I live all this time without your website quot I found many questions answered in the data base about other items of intrest Thank you

A:Speakers Humming Constantly!

Hello, and welcome to Bleeping Computer!Am I right to assume that the speakers worked before reformatting?Do you have another set of speakers to plug into this machine to see if that makes a difference?Please go to:Start > right click on My Computer > Manage > Device ManagerDo you see any yellow or red '!' or '?' listed anywhere in the right panel?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/40381/speakers-humming-constantly/
Relevancy 44.29%

My speaker starts humming when i plug the mouse into the front panel USB port.

I have 2 front panel USB.
The humming more prominent with the mouse plugged to one of them.

There is no humming when connected to back ports.
There is no humming when a pen drive is connected to either of the front ports!

I tried another mouse on the front and that causes humming too.

The front panel is a single PCB with 2 USB and the headphone and mic jacks (AC97).

My speakers are connected on the rear.

Probably some irreparable problem on the front panel PCB, but if someone has experienced a similar problem and solved it please help.

A:Speaker Humming with USB Mouse.

Originally Posted by Ayson

My speaker starts humming when i plug the mouse into the front panel USB port.

I have 2 front panel USB.
The humming more prominent with the mouse plugged to one of them.

There is no humming when connected to back ports.
There is no humming when a pen drive is connected to either of the front ports!

I tried another mouse on the front and that causes humming too.

The front panel is a single PCB with 2 USB and the headphone and mic jacks (AC97).

My speakers are connected on the rear.

Probably some irreparable problem on the front panel PCB, but if someone has experienced a similar problem and solved it please help.

back USB ports are grounded to the mobo, front aren't. fronts are connected by cable.

Do the headphones hum? when you record with the mic and play it back does that have a hum?

Ken

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/255081-speaker-humming-usb-mouse.html
Relevancy 44.29%

After I connected the TV output RCA to the computer sound card my 2.1 computer speakers have began to hum after several hours when I increase the speakers volume (hummmmm…), and stop to hum after some hours that the computer Is off. What can I do to stop the hum?​

Relevancy 44.29%

Hi,

I recently Purchased a custom built system. It worked great for a couple of days. Now, every morning when i power up, it starts for a couple seconds then shuts down.. After 4-5 tries, it eventually powers on and works great the rest of the day, even if i power off and on? When I first try to turn it on, the processor makes a Viberating/Humming noise until it does power all the way up. I have changed the Power Supply/ Disconnected the CPU Fan to make sure that was not the problem. The mother Board does not seem to be grounded anywhere. Any Suggestions SOYO KT-400 Dragon Ultra/AMD 2000+ XP/ 1.25 Gigs Ram/ RaidmaxBlue 500 Watt PS/ GE Force TI 4200 128 mb

I am running Windows XP Home Edition Service Pak 1

Thanks for any Help?

Relevancy 44.29%

Any help with this greatly appreciated I recently started to use the monitor speakers - previously had the monitor volume turned right down There is an annoying medium-high pitched hum thru the speakers The volume of the hum varies with the volume on the monitor not the volume settings on Vista Detaching the mm sound lead DVI lead attached reduces monitor through Humming speakers. the hum considerably Detaching the DVI lead Humming through monitor speakers. sound lead attached removes the hum Using VGA lead makes no difference Have tried different sound drivers different video drivers reinstalled the o s - makes Humming through monitor speakers. no difference As Humming through monitor speakers. the hum seems to be travelling down the DVI VGA lead tried a different graphics card with passive heatsink - no fan - makes no difference Took the side off the pc and can just discern the same hum if I get my ear in the right place - from inside the pc Detached the rear fan - no difference Detached the mobo fan - no difference The only thing left is the psu - could the fan noise vibration be traveling via the graphics card to the monitor If so any ideas how to stop it Thanks SIW

A:Humming through monitor speakers.

Could be a ground loop problem. I really don't know.

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/189958-humming-through-monitor-speakers.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Whenever Im playing FIFA World Cup 2002 on my Windows 2000 OS, The game suddenly freezes and a constant high pitch humming sound is heard. The wierd thing is that the players on the screen are still moving around, but I dont have control. Ctrl-Alt-Del doesnt work sometimes too. Please help, Any ideas, solutions, suggestion will be greatly appreciated....
thanks

A:High Pitch Humming

Just a shot in the dark...but I can definitely narrow it down to a video card or possibly sound card problem....and I'm gonna bet it has to do with drivers...especially since you're running Windows 2000, defintely look into driver updates...and one other shot may be your settings on your video card, or more specifically the game's settings for your video card....you might be having a 3D problem...make sure your video card has enough on board memory <32MB would be sufficient>, those are my two guesses, tho like I said, they are just shots in the dark!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/high-pitch-humming.91087/
Relevancy 44.29%

Recently my laptop has started to make odd humming/revving noises. It happens randomly and can happen if I'm actively on the laptop or not. It occurs in 2 quick spurts of humming/revving. Like if you were to rev your engine twice. And then it stops. I've tried using compressed air to blow out the fan and this is also a new computer. I'm not doing anything hard core with it such as gaming or video editing. I've checked the HDD with CystalDiskInfo and have used other methods to check for errors. I can't imagine that the fan would act up this early on, but you never know. I appreciate any thoughts on the issue. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Mysterious-humming-noises/td-p/5623814
Relevancy 43.86%

Loud, disturbing humming-sound from right backside of the monitor.Brightness level affects this sound and it disappears at brightness level of 100 (100%).Maybe it is from back-light inverter? Pushing monitor from back with hand will muffle this sound a little bit.Maybe this is resonance?I'm sure it is NOT coming from internal speakers. Monitor settings are in factory default state.  So how can I or you fix this.Does this affect the lifetime of the monitor?  

Solved!
View Solution.

A:HP w2408h - humming / buzzing sound

Hi! I had now got to the bottom of this problem. And what I figured out:  Problem: Humming / Buzzing sound from HP's (19 - 24 inches ?) (models >2008 ?) widescreen "mirror surface" displays.Users figure: Brightness level affects this sound "pitch".Source of this sound: Power and/or backlight inverter (coil vibrance).Cause: Bad filter capacitor(s) or coil(s) or both.Solution: HP will not repair this monitor under warranty but they will send you a brand new one.DIY solution: Fast: use spray called "transformer varnish" to mount components tightly to PCB so no coil vibration is possible. Better: Replace components (capacitors / coils). Warranty void if varnish is used or components replaced or even monitor case removed.   So call directly to HP support if warranty left. Otherwise try a local tv repair shop or do-it-yourself (diy).

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/HP-w2408h-humming-buzzing-sound/td-p/21541
Relevancy 43.86%

My speakers are crackling and humming to the point they are unusable. Background: They are 5.1 Altec Lansing computer speakers, a few years old. I'd had problems with them just after I got them and had packed them in a box. So now I pulled them out to see what I could do.

I pared everything down to the subwoofer (which is plugged into a power strip). And the cable that leads from the subwoofer to the right front speaker (which has the "on "button). It still made a (very) loud humming sound with static (almost like knocking at times).

I unplugged the subwoofer and right front speaker, and moved it from the den to the living room. It still had the same behavior. Can this be fixed? Or is it a bad speaker (which would mean the whole system is fubared)?

Thanks in advance,
-flippy

A:5.1 surround sound humming/static

Maybe your cables aren't properly shielded, try replacing them with better quality ones.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/5-1-surround-sound-humming-static.67189/
Relevancy 43.86%

SysnativeFileCollectionApp.zip   1.74MB
  3 downloads

A:BSOD with loud humming noise

Hi. . .

Your other thread - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/607675/bsod-with-loud-humming-noise/#entry3954487

The Mods will merge them soon.

There were no BSOD mini kernel memory dump files in the attached zip file.

No signs of a full  kernel dump either (c:\windows\memory.dmp).

I also checked the WER (Windows Error Reporting) section of msinfo32 - no BSODs reported there either.

I even checked the Event Viewer logs - no signs of BSODs.

Are you sure you had a BSOD? Did you actually see the blue screen yourself?

I'm not sure what to tell you at this point other than to post if/when this phenomenon occurs again. There really is nothing for me to do at this time.

Are you experiencing continual system problems or was this a one-time thing?

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/607679/bsod-with-loud-humming-noise/
Relevancy 43.86%

One night I possibly left laptop on idling, heard a loud humming noise, thought it was my kid's electronc toys. I came out to living room and checked laptop was on  with the BSOD with a loud humming noise. I manually shutdown laptop and went to sleep. next morning, laptop works like nothing happened? What can it be, how can i diagnose the problem.

Thanks

A:BSOD with loud humming noise

Hi. . .

Please run the BSOD Posting Instructions - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/

I don't know what to tell you about the noise at this time, especially if it's gone and can't be reproduced.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/607675/bsod-with-loud-humming-noise/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi. I just got a new Dell system with a 19" monitor. Things work well except when I am on a page that is a bright color, like white or yellow- my monitor makes a low buzzing or humming noise. I have tried all the resolution settings, resizing my desktop, moving cables, speakers, etc away from the monitor- still no luck... Dell support says there is nothing wrong. PS: I don't hear dogs barking all night in the alley behind my house! But this buzzing is a real bother!!

A:{RESOLVED} Monitor Buzz/Humming

I would say for you to just replace it and forget the hassles of trying to fix it. It could be your video card but try another monitor first on your computer, and if it still happens with your other monitor then you know its the video card. If it doesn't happen agian then you know its the monitor. Please let me know what happens.

------------------
RLK3

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/resolved-monitor-buzz-humming.34505/
Relevancy 43.86%

I have a Gateway laptopwith Vista that I am connecting to an LG high-definition TV. The only way to connect them is with S-Video and an audio connector that goes from the headphone jack in the laptop to red and white cables in the TV. There is a very loud humming noise that makes it your dating to listen to. Are there any solutions to this? Thank you. The laptop is only about two years old.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/humming-sound-connecting-laptop-to-tv.904485/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hello. I have a new Inspiron all-in-one 4020 (i5, 12GB mem and 1TB drive) running Windows 10 and the first thing I've noticed is a loud humming noise which seems to emanate from the DVD tray side of the monitor. This is the first Dell all-in-one I've owned. I've had a number of Dell desktops and they may have also been loud but I never noticed as the tower was on the floor. I just upgraded from an HP pavilion all-in-one and that by comparison was very quiet... sometimes you didn't know it was on. I am just amazed at how loud the 4020 is and wondering if there's something needing attention. Thanks in advance for any insight.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19995160
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi.. i got a problem and I've been checking online to find a solution to this problem and I haven't been able to. There is a high pitch hum coming from my computer, and it also flows through my speakers so the higher the volume, the higher the high pitch sound gets.. and its giving me a headache. I unplugged the videocard/moniter and speakers yet the hum sound is still there. Even when i shut down my computer, I can still hear it, and when I unplug the cable from the power box to my motherboard the sound went away, also if i move the cords from that plug it stops/turns back on, so I'm figuring it has something to do with that but got no idea what to actually do, thank you.

A:High pitch Humming sound

I'd say it's the PSU. Try with the motherboard disconnected to be sure.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/high-pitch-humming-sound.76624/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi everyone,

I have a Dell Dimension E510, and lately I've become aware of this humming sound that pulses on and off constantly. It's not something that starts up when I run too many applications or anything. It just goes all the time, whenever the computer is on. Each pulse lasts for about a second and just repeats at a constant rate.

Do you know what might be doing this? I gather it is likely the fan or the hard drive. Do you know how I might fix this?

Thank you,

TF

Relevancy 43.86%

When I plug the power cable to the back of my (other) computer, I hear this weird humming/buzzing noise.

However, the computer won't turn on at all. I press the power button over and over and nothing turns on.

I tried switching the reset button to the power button and I get the same thing. The humming noise when the computer has me worried.

Any thoughts on what the problem is, or what I can do to fix it? Is it a bad power supply? Or is something fried?

Thanks.

A:Humming Noise - Computer Not Turning On

Sounds like a Power Supply failure . . do you have another one to switch out to test?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/humming-noise-computer-not-turning-on.622646/
Relevancy 43.86%

I don't have an hdd with my new samsung notebook 9. It has an ssd, but it's "humming" all the time now, though it's still less than 4 months old.
Any ideas why?? Thank you

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/443054-why-my-new-samsung-notebook-ssd-drive-humming.html
Relevancy 43.86%

My laptop has been making a wierd humming/buzzing noise since last Wednesday. The noise emits from somewhere around the lower right area. If I tilt the laptop to its side, or enable tablet mode, the sound disappears. As soon as it goes back to default position, with the bottom of the laptop flat on a surface, the noise comes back. I ran the hard drive diagnostics, both quick and extended, and it says it passed. It gets really annoying when I'm in a library, and having to use it in tablet mode. It is also louder than the fans. The sound it makes (I moved the laptop up and down to emphasize):  http://vocaroo.com/i/s1zJeHdt1yB7 Thank you.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Laptop-Humming-Buzzing-Noise/td-p/5769275
Relevancy 43.86%

Hello First of all thanks a lot to all those who are taking their time in order to read about my problem and are attempting to help me find a solution About months back I moved Had to take a plane and refused to ship my computer so I took the ram and HDD out of the computer carried them with me and had the rest in my suitcase When I got here I connected my computer and a very loud buzzing noise started I gave the computer a little tap and it stopped Ever since from time to time every few Solved: supply power Humming days nothing that bothered me enough to do anything about it it would start buzzing again and so I d tap it and it would be gone for a while A few days ago the humming noise started again and a tap only Solved: Humming power supply weakened it but less than a second later it came back to the same obnoxious loudness and now I have gotten to the point where I have to pound on my computer for quite a while in order to stop it If I tap it with my finger it doesn t do anything anymore I literally need to bash it in sometimes it stops for a few minutes and sometimes for days I am almost positive that the source of the noise is the PSU fan probably and I was wondering if there was any way to fix it or make sure that replacing the fan will fix it I m a little short on finance at the moment which is why it s important to me to make sure that I won t waste my money Thank you very much Ben nbsp

A:Solved: Humming power supply

Well, I guess no help is needed after all, a friend of mine found a fan in his house (ancient piece of plastic) and after much molten plastic and the smell of O3 filling the air, I haven't heard the loud noise yet but my copmuter has only been on for an hour or so, thanks anyway everyone

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-humming-power-supply.759825/
Relevancy 43.86%

I have a new HP Pavilion all in one Desk Top, model HP - 510-PO51A W10, it is producing a constant humming noise .. I would like it to stop, can anyone offer hope

A:HP Pavilion, Constant Humming Noise

Experiment: connect a set of PC speakers to the green "Audio Out"  socket. You don't need to turn them on.That should turn-off the "internal" speakers.Does the noise stop? If so, then the source of the noise was being fed through the internal speakers.No idea how to fix the above, but it's an interesting experiment. Another idea: turn it off, disconnect the AC power. Press the ON/OFF button, to drain any "residual" power.Then, take a can of compressed air, and blow some air into the computer.It could be some dust on the voltage transformer, causing an electrical "buzz". 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/HP-Pavilion-Constant-Humming-Noise/td-p/5790417
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi everyone thanks in advance for any help,

I'm getting a constant humming/buzzing sound that is driving me nuts. The noise only comes through when no other sounds are being played. For example, music, games, Ventrilo activity will all mask the noise. (I'm not sure if it completely cancels the noise or is just loud enough to cover it up...) But if I am browsing the web or typing a document with no background audio the buzzing is always there.

Here's my setup:

-Logitech headphones (used these for over 4 years with no issue...)
-Plugged into Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel mobo audio jack [Realtek HD Audio Manager]
-CoolerMaster Cosmos case

I don't think any other hardware would be of relevance, but tell me if otherwise.

I built my rig in July and this issue has only crept up in recent weeks - please help before this sound drives me nuts!

A:Maddening buzzing/humming when computer is idle

A fan or hard drive can broadcast and electrical hum or buzz in a computer

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/maddening-buzzing-humming-when-computer-is-idle.134472/
Relevancy 43.43%

I basically spent the entire day yesterday assembling a new pc and after a few minor problems I got it humming won't makes turn PC weird noise on and up and running After installing windows all the drivers and just finishing the last few updates Turned the machine off switched the power off via the switch in the back of the psu and hooked up the storage HDs when I returned power to the machine all the fans immediately started and there was a strange humming noise like the fan PC won't turn on and makes weird humming noise is speeding up and slowing down but with a lower tone The machine is now completely unresponsive and after I turned off the power and unplugged it removed the HDs SSD and cd drive which were working normally and everything from the back mouse keyboard monitor so I move he machine out and get a better look inside When I turned the power on the fans turned on but a lot slower and the humming was almost gone I really need help figuring out what happened http pcpartpicker com user tole saved FB this is my build nbsp

A:PC won't turn on and makes weird humming noise

Just tried to turn it on again after leaving it overnight and it turned on, with the case power button, but after that it didn't respond when I tried to turn it off so I turned it off with the psu power switch and now its back to the same nonresponsive state with the fans (all of them) twitching as soon as I turn the psu power switch.

The humming from last night is replaced by a low pitched squeaking noise each time the fans twitch.

(sorry for double posting the edit button disappeared on me)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-wont-turn-on-and-makes-weird-humming-noise.192837/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hello To the one who offers help god bless I own an HP Pavillion DV ca laptop that is speakers out pitched humming noise High of just under one year old At about months of age I started noticing a high pitched irritating humming noise What sparked it I do not know It is a piercing high pitched toned that is very consistent and the same note every time It turns on when the laptop is operating at a higher level eg running a movie and an audio file at the same time It is possible it is related to the harddrive spinning High pitched humming noise out of speakers or the fan spinning However I do not believe the humming noise is a result High pitched humming noise out of speakers of the an inefficient fan or rattling of the casing because when I plug my laptop into my sound system the humming unfortunately comes out of those speakers too almost proving it s not a rattling and maybe even a software problem I sent it in times through staples of which went to HP none of which fixed the problem Staples said they couldn t hear it although upon start up I showed them the problem HP replaced the fan the first time and probably didn t test it and lastly HP replaced the bottom casing and the main board All to no avail I gave specific instructions on how to obtain the hum and I have gotten my laptop back months later in the same condition in which I sent it in Now it is Canada day weekend so contacting HP is out of the question and I think I will talk to some real people who can help me out Please offer any advice you can give I m beginning to wonder whether or not my laptop will be fixed before school begins again Scott Nguyen nbsp

A:High pitched humming noise out of speakers

This hum could be comming from the internal DC charging circuits. Possibly from a power conversion circuit board

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/high-pitched-humming-noise-out-of-speakers.80869/
Relevancy 43%

I just upgrade my pc from XP to Windows 7 Pro. 64. I have a strange issue, whenever the pc is awake from sleep it became very slow in general, also when I play a video file (YouTube or Local) it has a humming sound and slow response (Lagged) video. I have already updated my audio and video drivers. Before the OS upgrade I never have this strange issue. Any solution? Thanks

A:PC slow (humming sound/video) after awake from sleep

What browser are you using and is the hum on every single video?

Better specify which video and audio drivers you are using, as well, since it's an older video card, I would only use the one from the manufacturer's web site as official.

Have you installed the chipset driver for the motherboard? That's probably the issue.

Gateway's site probably is of no help, since that system was built for XP.

What you can do is use cpu-z from cpuid.com to determine the actual motherboard brand and model and then look for a driver for it, instead.

That's the trouble with older hardware: drivers....

This includes the HD controller as well, that might be using 7's generic one at this point.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/297855-pc-slow-humming-sound-video-after-awake-sleep.html
Relevancy 43%

I ve recently purchased a brand new PC for gaming i ll list the specs below i - k Intel CPU GHz Fan GB DDR RAM games sound + speakers from humming signal No playing when gb Max gb Sata III Hard Drive RPM DVDRW - DL Asus Motherboard ASUS P H -MLE USB NVidia GTX Ti Performance Video Card g GDDR RAM VGA DVi HDMi Wireless b g n W PSU Windows bit Home Premium I ve downloaded steam and bought a No signal + humming sound from speakers when playing games few games e g Arma Skyrim Blacklight Retrobution and my system crashes when I play these games after about - minutes The screen goes black to a quot NO SIGNAL quot image and my speakers make a loud humming noise much like the sound is on repeat The only solution is to perform a No signal + humming sound from speakers when playing games hard shutdown by holding the power button I ve checked the VGA cable is connected correctly and i ve updated my graphics cards drivers I ve also let Windows perform all the updates as it s a new computer It s beyond me now so that s why i ve come to you guys I d appreciate any help on the matter EDIT Went to town and bought a DVI cable to see if that would change anything it lasts a little longer then crashes again I installed an internal monitoring system and saw that the graphics card temp went to C when playing Arma then crashed nbsp

Relevancy 43%

There is a humming noise coming  from my PC (Lenovo). Have localised it to the hard drive. When I remove the computer from it's desk and stand it on carpet the noise becomes almost inaudible. (Just placing a hand on the tower increases the noise a little.) What would be my best option(s) at present?  The noise only becomes annoying after the pc has been on for an hour or so, and then just gets louder as time moves on.  posted by:  jackcar

A:Humming sort of noise from computer hard drive

Are you sure it's the HDD ? ? Use a pencil and touch the drive with your ear to the end of the pencil...If it is what i use are felt washers between the HDD and case over each mounting screw...Hope you isolate it

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,156585.0.html
Relevancy 42.57%

I worked with my new DELL Inspiron 7459 All-in-one last night. When I try to turn darker of the monitor by pressing the light adjustment button on the right side of the monitor. I can hear a loud humming noise coming from the back of the monitor. The noise continued until I turn the monitor to full brightness. That noise really drives me crazy during the silent night.
Dose anyone have the same issue?

A:Humming noise coming from my brand new DELL Inspiron 7459 All-in-one

Yes, 
same issue here. I have new model Dell Inspiron 7548. It is really annoying. I tried to find a solution, but nothing work. 
I am considering to send my laptop to servis. 

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3515/t/19664245
Relevancy 42.57%

My computer case cover vibrates, making humming noise. I know this because if I gently press the computer case cover the humming is significantly reduced. I suspect the culprit may be a new hard drive that I recently installed (Seagate Barracuda 1TB). What puzzles me though is that the pressing place that reduces humming sound is on the other side of cover from where the hard drive is. There's nothing behind the spot, but CPU fan is blowing hot air that direction. GPU is 10cm lower. I don't think the case cover is directly touching any components. Cover model is Antec Sonata III silent atx.

I installed the hard drive on same spot where last hard drive was, with four screws and elastic grommets that are supposed to reduce vibrations. I think the installation itself went fine. Screws are tight and cables seemed reasonably uncrowded. How should I troubleshoot this problem?

A:Vibration on computer case cover makes humming noise.

Remove the cover so you can touch the hard drive & see if you can feel excessive vibrations from the new hard drive. You should feel slight vibrations in it as it has parts rotating at high RPM.

The vibration could also be caused by a dry fan bearing & these can get very noisy & vibrate a lot.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/367969-vibration-computer-case-cover-makes-humming-noise.html
Relevancy 42.14%

I have recently built a new comp with the following specs Motherboard Asus Rampage V Extreme BIOS CPU I - K All stock clock PSU Seasonic BSOD random high noise pitched black screen with humming watt Platinum RAM GB Gskill DDR F - C Q- GRR GPU SLI GIGABYTE nVidia GTX Stock clock Monitor Asus PG Q and Dell U H HDD Samsung EVO TB OS Windows -bit System if full water-cooled so all temps are around degrees while BSOD random black screen with high pitched humming noise gaming For the first days the computer has been running fine After days of running this new comp my computer got frozen for the first time I didn't add any new hardware No blue screen just a frozen desktop The mouse cursor was unmovable no keys functional I could not press quot reset button quot no response and my screen went full black and there was a high pitched humming noise This was happening randomly once per day or once within - days Steps I have taken to troubleshoot this issue Completely reinstalled Windows Checked the system for malware with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Checked the system for viruses with AVG AntiVirus Updated all drivers and updated the bios Installed all important and unimportant updates for Win I decided to change my PSU and installed my old PSU Seasonic watt Platinum at the start I was using EVGA Supernova P W After that my system was running fine for a days and today I got two restarts first one with screen freeze and noise and second one only with screen freeze both times screen was full black After that I could only press reset button I checked Event Viewer and I saw a lot of Critical Kernel-Power ID errors Error message quot The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first This error could be caused if the system stopped responding crashed or lost power unexpectedly quot Aslo I did disable quot automatically restart quot within Windows Advanced System Properties but I didn't get any blue screen or anything A minidump is never created when it happens This limits my ability to analyze the circumstances surrounding the error There isn't a lot of info on the net Sure the net is flooded with tons of posts with people having similar event id problems for various reasons but there are very few genuine solutions and I haven't found one that works yet Just to mention that I had problem with windows loading few times Basically after the BIOS screen screen will go black before windows logo with white blinking underscore and nothing was happening After that I manually restarted my PC and loading was fine Thanks to all who read this Any help imput would be GREATLY appreciated Thanks TRAIN- et zip

A:BSOD random black screen with high pitched humming noise

Hi,

I am extremely sorry that this thread was not attended to. There are not many people in this field.

In case you still require help, kindly respond to this thread and I will be notified via email and you should expect a response from me in 48 hours.
Regards,
Pranav

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/67459-bsod-random-black-screen-high-pitched-humming-noise.html
Relevancy 42.14%

hey guys, i just got this up and running yesterday and when in operation (but not actually transferring files to or from it) the drive makes a slight humming noise. my older WD 'my book' never made this noise.

is this normal? like i said, i only got it running recently and i don't know if this is apart of normal operation or not. is there any way to check? i did a 'quick drive scan' using the inbuilt software and that returned no errors.

if i did a more thorough scan and checked for bad sectors would this answer my question and solve the problem?

thanks guys

Relevancy 41.71%

Satellite x - Core Duo T Original MB MB Memory MHZ MB VRAM Replaced Kingston Kingston KVR D S G I have this x Original GB GB Harddisk Drive RPM SATA Replaced Only HDD left other one I will get back in days WSXGA TRUBRITE TFT Screen HD DVD-ROM Drive K Modem Lan W-Lan A G N MPixel Web Camera Bluetooth Microsoft Vista Home Premium Bit My Problem I take out the battery screen,humming 4 X200-191 Laptop sound => Satellite seconds, on turns black plug it in the power Charging light turns on I press the power button Satellite X200-191 => Laptop turns on 4 seconds, black screen,humming sound power led turns on Followed by Satellite X200-191 => Laptop turns on 4 seconds, black screen,humming sound the hdd led turn on which blinks real quick stays on for second then turns of The power led stays on during all the time seconds after the power button a fan starts blowing while the above mention hdd led blinks for second seconds after the fan starting to blow it turns off We are now seconds farther pretty much everything stopts except a very tiny minor humming sound I just left it on for a couple minutes sound remains nothing happens While writing this all I left it on for minutes the laptop heats op a bit the adapter gets hotter but still only the very tiny minor humming sound So my laptop works for seconds wont give any screen black screen wont load even BIOS What could be wrong Fixing Ok so I left the laptop after a couple of months being told it was dead just getting it dusty Read history to get this But since last week I figured its getting dusty I never opened a laptop before why wont I try doing that I replaced the Memory modules Slot A and B both memories same time one at a time all possible ways Since I have only HDD I used it in both slots Looks to no difference Using NO HDD I do NOT have the very tiny minor humming sound I followed a guide http www irisvista com tech to open my laptop to see what is inside Finding no lose plugs but did find a certein oil and some white paste Closing the laptop to try it out I accidently screwed a couple wrong screws in the laptop piercing the top cover of my laptop but no chips were hit during this P Yeah Im a bit to strong I should have figured using force for a couple of the screws wasnt the best thing I could do but now i know p SOOO My question while I wait for the extra old HDD getting it in days Probably making no difference What could be wrong more precisly Should I like try taking out the video card or something Is there something I should do with some soldering Any tips tricks that could work wether to fix the laptop or to narrow down the problem to a small part which i could replace BEST REGARDS Danny Visser The Netherlands History Not sure if this is any important but just to let you know if intrested what happend all to the laptop I bought the laptop at Shape Computers in the netherlands Asking this laptop mentioned above with things changed I wanted more Memory and I wanted windows XP The shop told me this was possible They bought me the laptop in they replaced the Memory with the kingston memories They installed windows XP instead of the Vista They laptop did work at this very moment So I bought the working laptop with year warranty With the folders extra given with the laptop I was able to increase my warranty from to years for free so I did After probably a couple of weeks I noticed that the laptop was getting real hot after longer usage But according to the manual this was normal I did use the laptop for gaming but also months for a gaming study So I did take it several times to school in a backpack After not using it for school anymore I reinstalled Windows Vista BIT At a very point not sure when precisly I noticed that it wouldnt turn on probably same problem as I have now but I was really relaxed about it tried it later and somehow it did work again This happend perhaps about times in total Knowing something was wrong I took it back to Shape Computers They checked it Not showin... Read more

A:Satellite X200-191 => Laptop turns on 4 seconds, black screen,humming sound

Hello

To be honest that?s a really long story and I think we can?t help you here and tell you what the problem is exactly because it?s just an user to user forum. I think you need professional help from notebook technicians, they can check what the problem is.

According your posting I think it?s a hardware malfunction, maybe the mainboard but this must be checked from professional technicians.

You should contact an authorized service provider in your country. You can find a list of them here:
http://eu.computers.toshiba-europe.com > Support & Downloads > Find an authorized service provider

I?m sure everything you can clarify with the ASP. The guys are really friendly and do a good job.

Good luck! :)

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?57505-Satellite-X200-191-Laptop-turns-on-4-seconds-black-screen-humming-sound
Relevancy 38.7%

It's a nice paradox my microphone.. i'm on a asus k52ju + win7x64

After several complains from a few friends i tried to fix the microphone recording, and here are the results:

I've heard the micro myself using the following option

and my voice is too low or barely audible, but if i it the laptop with 1 finger, or do any kind of drumming (for example typing on the keyboard) it's audible as hell.

What could be wrong with it? It does pretty much the opposite of what it should

Here are some settings that might help:

Edit: also the drivers are updated, (always have been), and increasing the microphone volume only agravates the problem

A:Microphone voice recording low, but "hits" and humming high

What microphone are you using? Brand and model?

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/339636-microphone-voice-recording-low-but-hits-humming-high.html
Relevancy 35.26%

So I recently got a used tower from a buddy of mine for free he told me that there was a virus and needed to be cleaned I thought i could install a windows operating system since With Need Serious Help Tower my this was a windows vista and fix Need Serious Help With my Tower it however when i try to run the installation i get a yellow screen and the computer either freezes or crashes before the start up I was thinking of getting a new hard drive for it I also tried running it on safe mode and tried to get to command prompt to type in rstriu exe to be able to restore it but it seems to keep crashing before i can get past the starting screen its an hp pavilion media center m f pc with an amd athlon x dual core processor mb system memory gb hard drive an nvidia gefore se graphics and running windows vista home premium I was thinking of keeping the tower and buying a new processor hard drive and graphic card if needed but i feel like if i change the hard drive it will help i dont know what to do at this point can anybody help nbsp

Relevancy 35.26%

I had to buy a new computer A couple months ago I was using an Emachine desktop computer I know Emachines aren t anywhere near being quot the quot but when you come from Tower Old a not so financially stable family you are not greedy Anyway the computer worked for the longest time and I had a separate tower as well The separate tower had Adobe Photoshop on it and that is a program I love to play around in and so I would just take the chord from the back of my Emachines tower that led to the monitor and I would plug it into the older tower without powering down or anything Obviously my first mistake but I didnt knw that at the time So I kept doing this and then one day I went to plug the chord back from the old tower to the Emachines tower and nothing happened It was like the Emachines tower was sending no signal to the monitor anymore I tried different monitors and none of them worked there s something wrong with the tower now Maybe the video card I am computer illiterate to the core so alot of abbreviations tend to stump me If someone could help I would highly appreciate it Being a recent graduate from high school I have pictures on that Emachine tower that I do not want to part with nbsp

Relevancy 35.26%

Hello there, the tower on my Windows Xp will not come on. It's plugged in, I swear, the monitor will come on just not the tower. Please give me some good advice.

Thank you much,
Elizabeth

Relevancy 35.26%

hi guys I am trying to connect my pc tower to tv using s video cable.I have A VIDEO CARD raddeon x300 with s video dvi and vga,TOWER IS A SR5010NX COMPAQ PRESARIO..I need help on connecting this tower to an hitachi53 inch projection screen tv.I get a picture black and white. moving screen.. I am using french version of windows vista basic for some reason when i got the pc formated they added vista and in french.can someone please help.THANKS
By the way I LIKE TO THANK THIS FORUM AND THE PEOPLE WHO HELPED ME WITH THE ISSUE I HAD WITH DVD DRIVE. THANKS GUYS

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/pc-tower-to-pc-471966.html
Relevancy 35.26%

hey all I have recently bought a gb seagate sata HD's in One tower Two harddrive to go with my current gb sata harddrive and i think i ve made a right mess of things I installed it fine and everything computer read Two HD's in One tower that is was there etc only i tried to move my files from one hard to another and im sure as you can imagine its all gone pete tong What i was trying to do or aiming to achieve to have one hard drive purely for the OS and the program files that i use and the other for all other filetypes such as documents music and videos etc I have managed to recover some of my data but all of my music a good gbs worth and gbs worth in guitar drum training teaching movies etc etc Is what i m attempting to do possible on windows xp if so how do i do it safely so i don t screw anything else up LOL Many thanks in advance Mikeyprs nbsp

Relevancy 35.26%

Im looking to buy a tower to replace my old one. Can anyone give me a link for the best tower with os already on it for around 200-300$.I know that not much but im a broke dude I would like to find at least a 2ghz .

A:What tower should i buy?

Dell outlet would be a good place to start. Personally, I would save up a little more and wait for a good deal at Dell.

This is an example of what they have:

System Price : $269.00

Operating System Genuine Windows XP Home
Memory 512 MB DDR NON-ECC SDRAM 400MHz (2 DIMMs)
Hard Disk Drive 40 GB EIDE Hard Drive (7200 RPM)
Modem 56Kbps Data/Fax Modem
Base Dimension 3000 Desktop: Intel Pentium 4 Processor (2.80GHz, 533 FSB)
Media Bay 48X Max Variable CD ROM Drive

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-tower-should-i-buy.54410/
Relevancy 35.26%

Hi

I need some info from my old HD. This 'puter was running WIN ME.
I have memory problems that will not allow this to boot or even POST

http://forums.techguy.org/showthread.php?p=2674998#post2674998
My new 'puter is runing XP Home.

I would like to put the old HD into my new machine.
Is this asking for big trouble or should this be ok?

thanks
bm

A:old HD new tower

here's the thing...it depends. if you installed xp on fat32 then yes you can install your old ME HD as a slave and be able to read it...however if you installed xp in NTFS then you'r just plain outta luck. you can't read fat32 with ntfs

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/old-hd-new-tower.370584/
Relevancy 35.26%

Tech Support Guy System SSD New for tower? old Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM CPU GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB E Total New SSD for old tower? - MB Free - MB F Total - MB Free - New SSD for old tower? MB G Total - MB Free - MB H Total - MB Free - MB J Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Intel Corporation D GCF Antivirus avast Antivirus Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner EnabledClick to expand As shown above I have an older tower that I have modestly upgraded with a SATA DVD drive more RAM and a better video card I was wondering if my system is compatible to a SSD drive and if it is how much would it improve performance Also would I be able to clone my current SATA drive to it nbsp

A:New SSD for old tower?

Well there are three issues I see;
1 Your mb only has sata 2 ports and that will limit or throttle the speed of a modern ssd. It will still be a HUGE improvement over a mech hard disk however you will be somewhat limited.
2 Next issue is that xp [your os] does not support TRIM or wear leveling for the ssd. This causes a degrading of performance over time. Sometimes the drive mfg has a utility that will do basically the same thing. Another option is to make an image of the ssd and store the image on a second hd, external, etc. Once the image is made, boot with parted magic linux and secure erase the ssd. Once the ssd is secure erased, restore the image. This will also restore the ssd drive's speed.
3 XP does not apply the correct partition offset for a ssd. This can be edited manually using linux OR you can create the partitions with a win7/win8 boot disk then install xp.

Other than the above issues, you can install a ssd drive and you will see a significant improvement in performance however not as much as with a modern mb supporting sata3.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-ssd-for-old-tower.1154425/
Relevancy 35.26%

Alright, I have this game named Sim Tower, which is a tad bit slow (but shouldnt be). I can manage to install it fine, and even play it off the CD quite well if I wanted to. Although when I start the game, it automatically goes into fast mode (which means time is fast forwarded until there is activity with the people in the game). It hasnt got too much to do with fast mode, but this is when it effects the game speed a lot (mainly the cursor though). I take fast mode off, and then the cursor drags all over the screen, making it nearly impossible to play. At most last time I got to put in some office floors, but Alt F4 Seemed like the best option after that. I have tried running it in compatability mode, and even with this kinda of patch. Any suggestions on how to stop my cursor from slowing down?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sim-tower.450700/
Relevancy 35.26%

Hey I have recently ran into a problem with my computer a few days ago while moving furniture my couch fell and PC hit tower was after BSOD hit into my PC case no damage was done to the case but BSOD after PC tower was hit I have been having a few problems since The PC was running as it was hit the PC remained on and I was able to use it normally I booted my PC up the next morning and was told that windows was unable to load correctly and to either launch into repair mode or start normally I tried repair mode and it finished but after rebooting again I received the message again Occasionally while trying to boot up I would see a very quick flash of a Blue Screen but it was not in my mini dump folder After hearing that the hit to my PC may have caused damage to my SSD i decided to get it checked out after having the SSD checked out at a PC Repair Shop I was told that the SSD was fine but he believed that the cause of the BSOD was a half installed Windows update My PC was fine again for about a day but then I got another BSOD this morning luckily this one has appeared in the minidump folder so hopefully someone will be able to shed a little light on what may be causing this So far I have not received the quot Windows was unable start quot message since getting my PC looked at by the Repair Shop I have attached the zip from SF Diagnostic Tool Thanks in advanced prizna

A:BSOD after PC tower was hit

SSD is take no damage from the vibrations like HDD does. However the driver causing the BSOD is the Intel Rapid Storage Technology. You might wanna remove that.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/353576-bsod-after-pc-tower-hit.html
Relevancy 35.26%

I have a Xigamatek CPC-T45UB-U01 Asgard Chassis tower where the PSU is a top mount.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Xigmatek-CP...0680271&sr=8-3

Does it make a big difference when the PSU is mounted at the top or bottom?.

I really need to know as i have just purchased a new mb, i was also thinking of purchasing a case with a bottom mount for a psu.

I need to hear some info before i make my mind up.

As always, i appreciated the advice.

A:PC tower PSU top or bottom?

I can always mod the the case, adding a new hole on the top in the centre for a fan.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/195948-pc-tower-psu-top-bottom.html
Relevancy 35.26%

Hello,
Was looking for advice on running two monitors/Screens in separate rooms off of one tower..
Should I try to get two video cards, or is there a successful way to have a Split like VGA cable to run to two separate rooms, from one tower/video card?
THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!

Relevancy 35.26%

i want one for hopefully $400 to $500. i want to be able to play YouTube video's on an

HDTV that will be connected to it. i want to be able to open multiple tabs at the same time

on my Firefox browser. i am not a gamer. i don't do video, movie or major graphic editing. i

can't open multiple tabs at the same time on my present PC. it has a core i3 processor. my

memory usage stays around 2GB Even during video playing. i don't use much processor

power even when playing video's. i have an Intel HD graphics card.

Relevancy 35.26%

Do I need repair?
The tower case gets hot enough to make you "OUCH" when touched

Relevancy 35.26%

I am running Windows 2000Pro on a Vectra 400 series tower. The unit seems like a heavy duty work horse, but is a bit noisier than I am used to hearing in a business setting. At a job I left sometime back and in my current position we are using XP on newer and smaller HP towers. They run very quietly. I am trying to set my unit up to do voice-over freelance work. Is there anything I can do to run a bit quieter. Also I downloaded a backup program called LojiklSweep for my system. Any suggestions for checking to make sure they have all of my backup material on file in case this older system takes a dive?

Relevancy 35.26%

Since i installed windows 7 my tower started just randomly making that click/tick noise it makes just as your shutting it down or booting it up, the case doesnt restart, just get this weird click noise, in explicable really, just started happening since i updated from 7 and ive no idea if its my PSU or mobo showing signs of early wear or maybe if 7 has a fan controller or something i dont know about that keeps kickin in and out on one of my onboards, im still clueless as to why it came up, and i know this probably isnt the most informative post, but even to know if anyone else has it happen as well would be wonderful

A:Tower clicks

You are going to need to remove the side of the case and try to isolate the noiseA clicking sound is usually related to hard drive problems. Often called the click of deathhttp://datacent.com/hard_drive_sounds.php

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/276233/tower-clicks/
Relevancy 35.26%

Hi

I bought the Lego Robotics System some years ago and since some months I use it again with Java + Eclipse + Lejos but the problem is since I have W7 the USB Tower doesn't work because I only have Drivers for XP.

Do you have any idear how I can get it to work on W7?

Thanks for help!
Greetings
Julian

A:Lego USB Tower

try finding vista drivers they might work better

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/3445-lego-usb-tower.html
Relevancy 35.26%

I have an eMachines T which I use as up boot Tower Need help. won't a file server I normally leave it running continuously but I inadvertently shut off the breaker to that room while replacing an electrical switch When I tried to restart the computer it won t go It s getting power The fan in the power supply runs but the hard drive doesn t seem to kick in The monitor displays the eMachine logo and says quot Bios information Need help. Tower won't boot up lt F gt quot Need help. Tower won't boot up which doesn t work When I restart the fans kick on but after a couple of seconds - just about long enough for the logo to display on the monitor - but then already the pitch or whine of the fans begins slowing down as it returns to it s resting mode I also tried putting a setup disk in the optical drive but although the drive spins it won t go into the boot mode so it s not looking at those drives I ve tried it more than a dozen times - completely cutting power powering it down and back on using the power button unplugging and plugging back in Nada Someone told me to replace the power supply but I thought I d check here to see if anyone has any experience with this problem Would appreciate any advice or tips Note I do routinely blow the dust out of the fans and from the case It stays very clean since it s in an unused room and it doesn t even get very dusty The company server at work gets a dust buildup like dryer lint about every two weeks but mine wouldn t get THAT dirty in a whole year if I didn t blow it out from time to time so I don t think dirt is an issue unless it s really deep inside the power supply nbsp

A:Need help. Tower won't boot up

Your eMachines is one of those with the infamous failing motherboard. The motherboard failure eventually causes the power supply to fail, and your symptoms are simlar to what we have seen a great number of times... well over 125 times, and we have a lot of failed eMachines in our barn awaiting resolution. Your hard drive, memory, cpu and heatsink are likely still good, and you can rescue the data. But it is possible your motherboard will not work properly again. You might borrow a power supply to test, but I would not waste money on one.
eMachines wants $179 plus shipping for the board, plus $75 for the power supply.

It could also be something as simple as a bad hard drive, and a replacement for $50 or $60 from Newegg, Directron, TigerDirect, Outpost, or ZipZoomfly will take care of it. You can probably still recover the data off the old drive by placing it in an external USB enclosure. Borrow or buy, you can always use another hard drive.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-tower-wont-boot-up.122938/
Relevancy 35.26%

Hi all I am about one? CPU I cooling the or tower Should my old OEM use to start my computer upgrade and have a question The AMD FX- Vishera GHz GHz Turbo Socket AM W Six-Core Desktop Processor I am using came with a cooling tower in the box http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E It s not nearly as big as the one I purchased Should I use my old CPU cooling tower or the OEM one? for my previous iteration back in It s a Rosewill RCX-Z mm Ball CPU Cooler http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item Should I use my old CPU cooling tower or the OEM one? N E My question is should I go with the new smaller one or remove clean and re-use my Rosewill cooler on this CPU It has seen almost continuous use since I built it in but I am not an overclocker and most use is light I do occasionally use it for gaming but not extensively I am certain the Rosewill has far greater cooling capacity but I don t know about the longevity I might expect to get out of it Should I use my old CPU cooling tower or the OEM one? It s still very quiet and seems to be perfect in every way so far I am on a budget so would prefer not to buy a new aftermarket one but rather choose between the two I currently have available PS my computer case has a side fan in addition to the big one on the back of the case Any thoughts would be appreciated nbsp

A:Should I use my old CPU cooling tower or the OEM one?

if u read the comments in the newegg link for the Vishera alot of people are saying the stock heatsink sucks......so probably use the rosewill cooler if it is quiet and works well.......... and i wouldn't worry about longevity, u can always replace the fan on it if and when it fails

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/should-i-use-my-old-cpu-cooling-tower-or-the-oem-one.1097093/
Relevancy 35.26%

Is the back fan of the pc tower suppose push air out or take in air and how do you reduce the noise level for it.

Relevancy 35.26%

I have been looking for a new computer, was going towards a laptop because of the size of computer, saw a new tower yesterday which just sits next to PC about 6inches long and 2inches high & 4 inches deep, has 2gb hard drive and 2gb memory, do you have any thoughts about this being as good as the normal size tower? Not sure where I should post this hope its okay on this forum.

Barbaramac.

A:Solved: tower for PC

Well, a 2GB harddrive is practically microscopic in storage capacity.

I can only assume that the processor is weak, and the graphics card would need to be to fit comfortably in a case that size.

To answer your question, no, it is nowhere near as good as most fullsize desktops, and is a lot worse than most laptops. The only thing that really compares to the tower you described are the ultra-portable notebooks that are mainly used for word processing and web surfing.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-tower-for-pc.728337/
Relevancy 35.26%

During a recent thunderstorm, I shut down my computer for protection. disconnected power. After the storm I reconnected the power and turned on the system and nothing. I have an e-machine model T2984 with XP Windows Home. I have looked inside the tower and can see a small green light burning. Am I missing a reset button or have I lost the power supply unit? The machine has worked great until this problem. The machine is approx. 3 to 4 years old. Anyone have any ideas?

Relevancy 35.26%

Several months ago I bought an Elite Cooler Master Tower It was in Tower Air Flow for a build for a file server I liked it because it had a section on the front for quot hard drives I figured I could take advantage of that Plus it was cheap Also I liked other Cooler Master Products and I figured that they knew how to deal with air flow I ve messed with stacking hard drives in the slots to see how well air flow would work I have since wondered whether or not I made the right decision Any Air Flow in Tower thought about air flow in all the hard drive slots is welcome Here are some pictures http www coolermaster-usa com product php product id http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E To a lesser extend I also bought a module for converting the quot bay into at least quot hard drives There is air flow around the hard drives albeit the air flow space is quot http www coolermaster-usa com product php product id http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E amp Tpk cooler master module nbsp

A:Air Flow in Tower

It's not specific to just that Cooler Master case. In any situation where you stack numerous drives, air flow is impeded as there typically isn't much space between the drives. You would overcome the issue by using fans to suck more air through the case.

As for the module, it converts 3 (not the - inferring one) 5.25" bays. I prefer the Icy Dock model as the drives are all accessible from the outside. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817994028

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/air-flow-in-tower.1018162/
Relevancy 35.26%

I'm looking to upgrade my dad's computer setup. He has a Gateway with Windows 98 -- all hardware from around '97 or '98. It needs upgraded so I wanted to get something like this new tower, but he wants to keep the same monitor. Will a 10+ year old monitor work with a modern tower?

A:Getting a new tower for old monitor

it will definitely work , it will just look like crap.. its totally worth getting an LCD if what you currently have is an older CRT monitor

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/getting-a-new-tower-for-old-monitor.979855/
Relevancy 35.26%

im going to update my stock case fans with a couple Vantec torndoes. the only issue i am afraid of is actually causing a vacuum within the case as to where the air can actually be sucked back through my power unit causing it to over heat.... is this possible?

A:new tower fans

Originally Posted by narcopletic pc

im going to update my stock case fans with a couple Vantec torndoes. the only issue i am afraid of is actually causing a vacuum within the case as to where the air can actually be sucked back through my power unit causing it to over heat.... is this possible?

it is happening, per the new PC case layouts were seeing with the PSU on the floor of the case sucking straight from the outside & venting it back out the rear..

but the old case design has worked perfectly for years with the PSU at the top, thats why a 140mm fan was added to newer PSUs to help remove hot air from the case

but its not really an issue, your PSU will never die from the extra heat of your components...

it is on the other hand possible to create a ''dead spot'' where the PSU fan cannot extract due to chassis fan configs, but each case is different so its something you would have to test.

move your chassis fans to different locations each time holding your hand by the PSU exhaust, see if the flow changes at all. (i doubt it will)

i always try to put a ''positive'' pressure inside the case (more intake than exhaust), so air cant be sucked in through cracks & drive bays, thus lowering dust coverage

but a PSU can get very hot so i wouldnt worry too much....

SK

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/193380-new-tower-fans.html
Relevancy 35.26%

Im working on Compaq something tower. Doing a favor for the mother in law. This tower is her co-workers and asked if I could look at it.

At first glance, all the internal cables and wired are firmly attached. So I direct my attention to the power source, It is equipped with a green led light (to tell its getting power I assume). This little green light is not lighting up when plugged in. Its doing nothing. Power source model is a Bestec ATX-250-12z

Any ideas or suggestions?

A:Tower not getting power?

Hi garaboldi,

This might sound daft, but I've done it before. Have you made sure that you have plugged it in and switched on at the wall socket? Is there power to the wall socket? Try with another appliance that you know is working. Does the fuse need changing in the plug, and is the wiring secure?

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/211783-tower-not-getting-power.html
Relevancy 35.26%

Hello, i just bought an hp z240 workstation (tower format).I'm trying to configure a transcend m.2 30GB drive. After installing it on the dedicate m.2 slot on the motherboard i can't see it in the bios and even in windows 7.the first drive is connected on sata0 (original 1tb hdd with win 7 installed on it)On bios settings the m.2 slot is enabled. any suggestion? Thank you

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/m-2-ssd-on-hp-z240-tower/td-p/5639374
Relevancy 35.26%

I just purchased a new PC tower. I stayed with Windows 7 because didn't like the way 10 functioned. The tower is thin. The one feature I don't like is the DVD drawer is vertical. Can I lay it on its side if I put legs on the tower to allow for the circulation for the cooling fan? I have a couple of older grandchildren (H.S. & College) that come to the house and use the computer. I know that they are careful, but I have a concern about their use of the DVD/CD drawer.
mthumjdo

Relevancy 35.26%

Hi all

I have a Tuniq Tower 120 on an LGA 775 board.

Does anyone know whether I can get the appropriate rear bracket to fit it on the Gigabyte EX58-UD5 motherboard with an i7 920.

I checked Tuniq's site but they seem to have bought out a new tower for the i7 and I can't find any info on whether it'll fit or I need a bracket(or whether I can get one)

I would have thought the original 120 would do a good job cooling an i7 and I don't want to spend more than I need.

Anyone know anything or have any comments?

Thanks, John

A:Can I use my Tuniq Tower 120 with this lot?

I don't own one.

A little web searching makes it look like Tuniq hasn't produced a backplate and retention bracket for this model for Socket 1366.

I suppose that they could if they wished. My cooler is a Thermalright Ultra 120. It was an existing product to which Thermalright added Socket 1366 support. (Works well on an I7 920 at 3.8 GHz.)

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/26247-can-i-use-my-tuniq-tower-120-lot.html
Relevancy 35.26%

Hi...Lately, I have been getting noises in my tower when I run on line tests like Panda Active Scan and Window Security Trojan Scan that are like those that emergency vehicles make in Europe. It doesn't happen with Housecall antivirus or when I run Ad Aware se. Sometimes the same noise comes when I run Spybot 1.3. The noise stops at the end of the scan and no viruses are found. What can I do to stop this because it does get rather annoying?
Regards.

Relevancy 35.26%

I thought I had started a "help!" thread on this subject earlier today, but can't find it. Must have had a "senior moment" and not licked the submit button!
Here is my problem:
I see a tutorial on the HP site that explains how to add a PATA to my new machine (Adding or Replacing a Hard Drive HP Pavilion p6347c Desktop PC - HP technical support (Ireland - English)), but it remains a mystery to me how to match any of my connectors to the old drive. I see no parallel cable anywhere! And if I need to go and buy one, where the hell is the connection on the motherboard? The tutorial assumes I know all this, but if I did, I wouldn't need the tutorial.

A:installing IDE in new tower.

Look for a blue connector next to the 24pin power connector. I can see it in the manual
http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c01859455.pdf

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/102038-installing-ide-new-tower.html
Relevancy 35.26%

Hello I am thinking of building myself a new tower a Tower Making new for the first time ever I am not sure if all the things I have chosen for my desktop build are everything I need for it to run or if all the components I have chosen will work together compatible or not Making a new Tower Please check my specs components Newegg com - AMD Phenom II X GHz x KB L Cache Socket AM W Quad-Core Desktop Processor HDX WFGMBOX Newegg com - Antec EarthWatts Green EA- D Green W Continuous power ATX V v EPS V Making a new Tower PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply Newegg com - Antec Three Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case Newegg com - ASUS M A TD-V EVO USB AM AMD G HDMI SATA Gb s USB ATX AMD Motherboard Newegg com - Asus VW T-P Black quot Making a new Tower ms LED BackLight LCD Monitor w Speakers Newegg com - Crucial Ballistix sport GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR Desktop Memory Model BL KIT BA A Newegg com - GIGABYTE GV-N D - GI GeForce GT Fermi GB -bit DDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready Video Card Newegg com - Seagate Barracuda ST AS GB RPM MB Cache SATA Gb s quot Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive Newegg com - ZALMAN A-LED mm Ball CPU Cooler Thank You Slasher

A:Making a new Tower

If you are not going to overclock, you shouldn't need Ballistix RAM, but Crucial is a good brand.

That's a good basic case.

Many here would try to steer you away from Seagate hard drives toward WD or Samsung, but you can obviously have good or bad luck with any of them.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/157279-making-new-tower.html
Relevancy 35.26%

A friend recently gave me an old tower of his with Windows XP installed. He did not give me a monitor. I was hoping I could use a VGA monitor cable and be able to plug that cable into my laptop and the tower but I am having difficulties. There is no place for me to "physically" boot up to that tower. Do I need to buy another/different cable to do something like this?

A:Tower with no Monitor

Quote: Originally Posted by codyw

A friend recently gave me an old tower of his with Windows XP installed. He did not give me a monitor. I was hoping I could use a VGA monitor cable and be able to plug that cable into my laptop and the tower but I am having difficulties. There is no place for me to "physically" boot up to that tower. Do I need to buy another/different cable to do something like this?

Don't even think about using the laptop screen as the desktop monitor unless you know exactly what you are doing, how the desktop was configured, etc. What you are proposing is having the XP desktop set up like a headless server, connecting the desktop and laptop via a crossover cable (or connecting to a network) then "running" the desktop using remote access from the laptop. Not a simple undertaking.

Buy a cheap used monitor and keyboard for the desktop - it's cheaper than replacing a fried laptop!

Regards,
GEWB

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/175910-tower-no-monitor.html
Relevancy 35.26%

Hello,
My son wants to buy a tower pc for gaming like WOW, Sims 4 and other pc games.
I was thinking of buying him the following and was hoping to get some advice if good or not.
Asus Z97 pro(Wifi) http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Z97PRO/
Intel Core i7 -4790 3.6ghz 8mb.
Kingston Hyper X Fury 16g Kit.
Asus GTX660 2G graphics card.
Hoping someone can please give me some honest advice.
Thanks

A:» Help Deciding on a tower Pc

Do you have a budget for this?

You don't mention hard drives. You should certainly get an SSD for at least Windows and applications. You can use an ordinary hard drive to store data.

I don't game, but I'd guess gaming types would tell you to emphasize the graphics card. There are several steps above the GTX660 that you could consider, but it may be perfectly fine for the games he intends to play. I have no idea.

What resolution will he use?

An i7-4790 would likely be considered overkill for gaming, but if it's within your budget, knock yourself out.

Likewise with 16 GB of RAM rather than 8.

What case do you have in mind?

What power supply?

I assume overclocking is not on your agenda since you haven't chosen a K series processor. In that case, there's no reason to splurge on a Z97 motherboard.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/347343-help-deciding-tower-pc.html
Relevancy 35.26%

Hi, for the past few days I have noticed a sound coming from my tower. It sounds like I put in a cd in the drive, but I haven't. Can anyone tell me why this is happening. Any comments would be great.

Thank you,
dlkseedig

Relevancy 35.26%

I almost had my tower catch fire because the power supply fan stopped. The cputhermometer software wouldn?t shut it down because the cpu operates at only 40c but the mother board and the other wiring was melting. By the time the cpu would be effected by the ambient temperature it would be too late. I am trying to find a method of sensing an overheating problem which would be an independent stand alone system. Even though my system has fans everywhere and is dust free I still want it to be safe from setting its self on fire when I?m away.
Would someone please know of a solution.

A:tower melt down

This is some interesting reading
It's a pdf document
www.freeweb.hu/t-t/elokep/pic/download/tb067a.pdf

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/230524/tower-melt-down/
Relevancy 35.26%

I have a Dell 17"" LCD TV/Monitor. The only way I've found to have the sound play through the computer's sound system is to run a line from the earphone jack on on LCD to a "hole" on the tower. Actually did that once upon a time. However, when moving everything to a new desk, we unplugged ALL the cables, lines, whathaveyou. Now, no one can find the bloody slot, hole, or whatever it is that the line from the earphone jack is to go into. Please be rather explicit as I'm in a wheelchair, and thanks to my new set up I can't actually see the back of the tower. My helpers are able to do so, but don't have a clue as to what anything is on the back. Thanks much, Jack My system: Windows XP. Dell 2300.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sound-from-lcd-to-tower.374501/
Relevancy 35.26%

I was on my computer when it froze. I tried to get to the task manager by clear alt delete bt it wouldn't work. So I shut it off via power button. When I tried to stat it up it wouldn't turn on. I tried checking the cords and the power source but I couldn't find anything wrong. I unplug the powe cord and tried again the CD drive light and a yellow light below the power light flashed but nothing else. The power light seems to be red. I don't know what's wrong with it could you help? My computer info Compaq Windows XP Home Editor, Intel inside celeron processor. Thank you.

Relevancy 35.26%

My wife has over 5000 itune songs on the computer. We have decent litte logitec speakers but they still dont sound all that great. If I bought a pair of tower stereo speaker is there anyway to hook them to the PC?

A:tower speakers

If I bought a pair of tower stereo speaker is there anyway to hook them to the PC?

There is a possibility but there is a need to know what kind of in/output jack on the logitech speakers are being used. Usually the 3.5mm stereo plug jack type can be soldered on the speaker wires and then connect on the logitech 3.5 jacks audio out. The in audio jack then would be connected to your PCs audio jack. There are also dual 3.5 mm male/female to RCA audio adapter http://www.amazon.com/3-5mm-Stereo-splitter-Adapter-Female/dp/B004D0LTL2 if you prefer the RCA cable. All audio outputs should pass the amplified speakers going to the PC. 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/511374/tower-speakers/
Relevancy 35.26%

hi, i have a Hp pavallion a600n, and once in a while it crashes, and when ir estart it jams up on the hp startup screen, then i restart it again and it will start up normally, i run malwarebytes antimalware from time to time to clean it out, any other suggestion on what i can do to make sure the system is clean please?

A:My Hp tower crashes sometimes?

Hello,lets get some logs and see what we have.Please download MiniToolBox, save it to your desktop and run it. Checkmark the following checkboxes: Flush DNS Report IE Proxy Settings Reset IE Proxy Settings Report FF Proxy Settings Reset FF Proxy Settings List content of Hosts List IP configuration List Winsock Entries List last 10 Event Viewer log List Installed Programs List Users, Partitions and Memory size. List Minidump FilesClick Go and post the result (Result.txt). A copy of Result.txt will be saved in the same directory the tool is run. Note: When using "Reset FF Proxy Settings" option Firefox should be closed.Reboot into Safe Mode with Networking How to enter safe mode(XP/Vista)Using the F8 MethodRestart your computer. When the machine first starts again it will generally list some equipment that is installed in your machine, amount of memory, hard drives installed etc. At this point you should gently tap the F8 key repeatedly until you are presented with a Windows XP Advanced Options menu. Select the option for Safe Mode with Networking using the arrow keys. Then press enter on your keyboard to boot into Safe Mode. >>>> Download this file and doubleclick on it to run it. Allow the information to be merged with the registry.RKill....Download and Run RKillPlease download RKill by Grinler from one of the 4 links below and save it to your desktop.

Link 1
Link 2
Link 3
Link 4

Before we begin, you should disable your anti-malware softwares you have installed so they do not interfere RKill running as some anti-malware softwares detect RKill as malicious. Please refer to this page if you are not sure how.
Double-click on Rkill on your desktop to run it. (If you are using Windows Vista, please right-click on it and select Run As Administrator)
A black screen will appear and then disappear. Please do not worry, that is normal. This means that the tool has been successfully executed.
If nothing happens or if the tool does not run, please let me know in your next replyDo not reboot your computer after running rkill as the malware programs will start again. Or if rebooting is required run it again.If you continue having problems running rkill.com, you can download iExplore.exe or eXplorer.exe, which are renamed copies of rkill.com, and try them instead.Next run Superantisypware (SAS): Download and scan with SUPERAntiSpyware Free for Home UsersDouble-click SUPERAntiSpyware.exe and use the default settings for installation.An icon will be created on your desktop. Double-click that icon to launch the program.If asked to update the program definitions, click "Yes". If not, update the definitions before scanning by selecting "Check for Updates". (If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here. Double-click on the hyperlink for Download Installer and save SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to your desktop. Then double-click on SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to install the definitions.)In the Main Menu, click the Preferences... button.Click the Scanning Control tab.Under Scanner Options make sure the following are checked (leave all others unchecked):Close browsers before scanning.Scan for tracking cookies.Terminate memory threats before quarantining.Click the "Close" button to leave the control center screen.Back on the main screen, under "Scan for Harmful Software" click Scan your computer.On the left, make sure you check C:\Fixed Drive.On the right, under "Complete Scan", choose Perform Complete Scan.Click "Next" to start the scan. Please be patient while it scans your computer.After the scan is complete, a Scan Summary box will appear with potentially harmful items that were detected. Click "OK".Make sure everything has a checkmark next to it and click "Next".A notification will appear that "Quarantine and Removal is Complete". Click "OK" and then ... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/425032/my-hp-tower-crashes-sometimes/