Windows Support Forum

DVD drive shown as CD ROM - not working

Q: DVD drive shown as CD ROM - not working

Greetings all The DVD RW drive on my HP Pavilion dv series us is not working Please find the relevant details below The drive is Model TS-L N HPMH - I think this is Toshiba It s detected in My Computer as HD-DVD ROM When I try to play a CD DVD the light comes on and spins but then shows quot Please insert drive not as DVD ROM CD working - shown a disk into HD DVD-ROM Drive F quot DVD drive shown as CD ROM - not working The Device Manager detects it DVD drive shown as CD ROM - not working as a CD ROM and obviously the Windows generic driver doesn t work The Device Manager picks it up as an quot Unknown Device quot and is shown as quot NCB XYB QNKX SCSI CdRom Drive quot The driver is not available on the HP site so tried the regedit option I believe I deleted all the strings associated with the driver key Then tried the Microsoft tool which must have installed the generic driver which causes the DVD drive to be recognised as a CD ROM instead I tried the sfc scannow as well and it shows that there are corrupt files which could not be fixed The laptop works well otherwise Please help Where can I find the driver for the drive How can I go about fixing this issue nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: DVD drive shown as CD ROM - not working

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: DVD drive shown as CD ROM - not working

List any Problem devices

Make sure devices are connected and powered on
Click the Start Orb, type msinfo32 in the search box. Hit Enter
Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
If yes, click on it, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy it, Ctrl-V to paste into next post
On the other hand, if no devices are listed, tell me so

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-drive-shown-as-cd-rom-not-working.201725/
Relevancy 67.08%

could someone pleas help me! I went into reg ed HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} but there was no "Upper Filters, Lower Filters" in right pane to delete as someone suggested in a thread.

A:cd rom drive not shown/working

Why are you fooling with the reg? That will lead to nothing but trouble.
What is your problem and we will direct you.

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/286020-cd-rom-drive-not-shown-working.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Greetings all The DVD RW drive on my HP Pavilion dv series us is not working Please find the relevant details below The drive is Model TS-L N HPMH - I think this is Toshiba It s detected in My Computer as HD-DVD ROM When I try to play a CD DVD the light comes on and spins DVD not as in - working! manager drive CD shown ROM Device but then shows quot Please insert a disk into HD DVD-ROM Drive F The Device Manager detects it as a CD ROM and obviously the Windows generic driver doesn t work The Device Manager picks it up as an quot Unknown Device quot and is shown as quot NCB XYB QNKX SCSI CdRom Drive quot The driver is not available on the HP site so tried the regedit option I believe I deleted all the strings associated with the driver key Then tried the Microsoft tool which must have installed the generic driver which causes the DVD drive to be recognised as a CD ROM instead I tried the sfc scannow as well and it shows that there are corrupt files which could not be fixed The laptop works well otherwise Please help DVD drive shown as CD ROM in Device manager - not working! Where can I find the driver for the DVD drive shown as CD ROM in Device manager - not working! drive How can I go about fixing this issue nbsp

Relevancy 52.46%

Ok, this is a weird question, I know, but I don't know exactly how to Google this to find the answer.

I have a 1.5 tb external drive (which shows up as something like 1.3 tb in Windows). I use it for storage, but now I have it set up to automatically back up my internal drive. Now it shows up as 1.04 tb in "My Computer." I looked in "Disk Management" and it seems to have three partitions, two of which have no drive letters assigned. So, I just have one quick question, is that normal?

The reason I ask is because today I was messing around with dual-booting Ubuntu. I just wanted to make sure I didn't mess something up.

To anyone who answers, thanks for putting up with a stupid question, lol.

A:Solved: Will setting a drive as a backup drive reduce what's shown as available space

What is the make and model of the external drive?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-will-setting-a-drive-as-a-backup-drive-reduce-whats-shown-as-available-space.939167/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hey guys i have a big problem i was watching a movie when suddenly my pc stopped working.No messages was on the screen nothing just stopped when i restart from the button it works fine for about 15-20 min and again the same problem i have scanned for viruses with kaspersky kis2009 and nothing.I ve got this problem for about 2 days is there any solution?
p.s When the sound is turned on my pc works for 15-20 min and stop,when the sound is muted the pc works for about 40 min and suddenly stop.

A:Pc stop working no errors shown:S

Hello Alex le large

Have you tried to update the sound driver?

Also have a look in these places for errors

1. Right click My Computer / Properties / Hardware / Device Manager.
Look for "Yellow" errors
Is there one at Sound?

2. Control Panel / Performance and Maintenance / Admin Tools / Event Viewer / System.
Look for "Red" errors. Double click on error.
Take a note of the Event ID and also the Source and post them back.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/pc-stop-working-no-errors-shown-s-344886.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Help I have a problem with my CD Drives I am running windows me on a celeron with Mb Problem is I had a power failure due to a faulty appliance triping the power breakers When I rebooted everything came ok following a scan disk without problem but the CD ROM and CD RW drives are now CD drives as working removable RW CD Not shown ROM & showing up CD ROM & CD RW Not working shown as removable drives as Removalbe drives not CD drives I have tried to uninstall to drives and reinstal them I have physicly removed the drives and tried them CD ROM & CD RW Not working shown as removable drives in another pc and they are ok I have checked my bios and they are shown correctly In device manager they are listed correctly without any problems In device manager CD ROM properties settings the drives removable check box is grayed out but not checked When I insert a cd the drive reads the disk and shows it as an empty disk if i click on the drive the same thing happens I am at a loss can any one help nbsp

Relevancy 50.74%

HI I have a AMD athlon(tm) 64 X2 dual core 5000+ 2.60GHz
Running Window 7 Service pack 1
which my son is using for his Steam but we are unable to get the mic to work.
We are using on board sound through the front jacks headphones(turtle beach X12) work but the mic is not working or showing up in sound i have also tried to use the rear jack with the same results.
Thanks for any help in advance

A:Front mic port not working/shown in sounds

Is the mic part of the X12 USB connection, or is it separate and uses the 3.5mm audio plug to connect?

USB connections usually bypass the actual sound card.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/318345-front-mic-port-not-working-shown-sounds.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I have searched google for ours trying to find a fix for this but to no avail.

CD drive and virtual drives dont appear in my computer and whenever i put in a dvd nothing comes up.

it appears in device manager and disc management however so i know there is nothing physically wrong with the optical drive. Under disc manager i can see the details about the dvd such as dvd name, size etc.

i tried changing drive letter and path but unfortunately that doesnt fix it. the letter "applies" for a second then disappears again.

any help would be highly appreciated.

also i am using windos 7 with all the updates installed

A:CD-ROM and Virtual drives not shown in my computer but is shown in Disk management

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-rom-and-virtual-drives-not-shown-in-my-computer-but-is-shown-in-disk-management.1020621/
Relevancy 50.31%

Help big problem here I have recently done a clean install of WinXP Pro SP to a PC Gateway PIII Mhz Mb RAM The hard drive in it is a Maxtor Gb model W H However it shows up in Windows as having a total of Gb capacity There is obviously a lot of missing hard drive space I have checked Disk Management and there is only one drive listed It is NTFS Shown 7.85 40 Gb Gb Drive as format and the total capacity is listed as Gb Anywhere else I can think to check in Win My Computer Explorer chdsk it still listed as Gb I ve run chdsk -f and it reports no problems and the same drive size However in BIOS and using a Maxtor drive diagnostic the drive reports as Gb The Maxtor diag PowerMax also reported no problems using various tests install confirm basic adv 40 Gb Drive Shown as 7.85 Gb full read I read about some type of Norton Recycle Bin problem that affects reported drive space but I do not have Norton installed As a matter of fact I haven t done anything with this installation yet past getting all of the latest Windows updates Any help determining the problem would be greatly appreciated I d be open to a clean install at this point since I haven t added anything else to the PC but I wonder if there s a less drastic way to fix this problem Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 50.31%

I have just noticed that my sata optiarc ad-7200s dvdrw drive is shown as a cd drive under the my computer screen. I have looked and downloaded the new firmware version available for the drive with no change.
Does anyone know how I can get the system to recognise the drive as a dvd drive? I also have an unknown high definition audio device that does not have any drivers for it and I cannot seem to find what it actually is in the computer. Could both problems be related?

A:Dvd-rw shown as cd drive

I've ahd the issue with the dvd-rw looking like a cd drive. But as soon as i put a dvd disk in it re-blesses it with the correct format, and doesn't operate any differently tbh.

As regards the unknown audio device, have you tried deleting it from device manager, rebooting and letting it plug'n'play to see if it finds drivers?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-rw-shown-as-cd-drive.114867/
Relevancy 50.31%

I have Vista and my admin password does not work. And it shows a password bizarre hint that I cannot understand. Daily, I use another account with no password. I think my account may have been hacked because I need to turn on Windows Automatic Updates and cannot get in to the admin account. Help please!!

A:admin password not working; shown bizarre hint

Can you boot into the Safe mode?

Are you sure that there is a password on the Administrator account?
Have you tried the "Enter key" as the password?

Machine spec's would help for addition help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/admin-password-not-working-shown-bizarre-hint.1127677/
Relevancy 49.88%

Mates--In a Dell Dim 8200 I used Seagate utility and create a clone of my main HD on the slave HD (IDE ATA). The intent was to swap the HDs so the manin with 320G could be used as an external for another PC. Since I have not bought the enclosure to do this, I left the slave back in the Dim 8200 but Acronics Disc director does not recognize it. Windows disk manager doesn't see it either. When I remove the main and load the slave it boots up w/o problem. Need to know how to format the slave so an the image of Main can be loaded on it. Welcome your thoughts
Thanks in advance
Everyone is entitled to only one stupid mistake!

Relevancy 49.88%

I put in a USB drive, the noise is made, it shows up on "Safely Remove Hardware" but isn't showing up in My Computer. Any ideas?

I've tried restarting.

Relevancy 49.88%

Hi
when i connect my pen drive in to the computer it does not shown in my computer. I checked the system with anti viruses and whwn i install a new antivirus it shows the error message as "The action is only valid for the products that are currently installed" What can i do? please help me

A:pen drive not shown in my computer

Hello anoopkp,Does your pen drive work if inserted into another computer? If "no", drive may be bad or needs to be re-formatted. If "yes" then here are a few suggestions that you could try:Have a look at this link: http://askville.amazon.com/computer-recognize-flash-drive/AnswerViewer.do?requestId=41446759 regarding changing drive letter.Or try this: Open "My Computer" and if you don't see your USB drive, go to top menu "View," and click "Refresh."If you feel that your problem is malware related, then you should create a post in the Am I infected? What do I do? Forum to rule out infection as a cause.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/416306/pen-drive-not-shown-in-my-computer/
Relevancy 49.88%

Sir Mam My operating system is Windows XP SP and I am using scandisk cruzer micro as a mass storage device But suddenly usb not started shown in the explorer but it is getting detected when ever USB not shown is Explorer in drive I am plugging to it I checked device manager and USB serial bus drivers but all doing fine I did Combo Fix scan as a professional advice and below is the log created Could you please help over the issue scan log ComboFix - - - Rakesh - x Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT Running from c documents and settings Rakesh Desktop Laminate combofix ComboFix exe AV AntiVir Desktop On-access scanning disabled Updated AD - F - A-A -FDD C WARNING -THIS USB drive is not shown in Explorer MACHINE DOES NOT HAVE THE RECOVERY CONSOLE INSTALLED Other Deletions c program files Mozilla Firefox extensions BBC F AD-F - A - - D FEA DF C c program files Mozilla Firefox extensions BBC F AD-F - A - - D FEA DF C chrome manifest c program files Mozilla Firefox extensions BBC F AD-F - A - - D FEA DF C chrome content USB drive is not shown in Explorer overlay xul c program files Mozilla Firefox extensions BBC F AD-F - A - - D FEA DF C install rdf c windows system ovfsthxemturtxn dll c windows system ovfsthxlog dat c windows system ovfsthxlqbrfwbx dll c windows system ovfsthxtoexubvp dat c windows system ovfsthxwbpkosth dll Drivers Services ------- Service ovfsthxymspltew Files USB drive is not shown in Explorer Created from - - to - - - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files D-Fahrschule - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files Bus Driver - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files SuperLogix - - - - ---h--r- c windows system SETINI DAT - - - - ---ha-w- c windows system systeml dat - - - - ----a-w- c windows system drivers avipbb sys - - - - ----a-w- c windows system drivers avgntmgr sys - - - - ----a-w- c windows system drivers avgntdd sys - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files Avira - - - - -------- d-----w- c documents and settings All Users Application Data Avira - - - - -------- d-----w- c documents and settings Rakesh Application Data vlc - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files VideoLAN - - - - ----a-w- c windows system cnvshell dll - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files D-DOCTORusb - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files D-DOCTOR Free Viewer - - - - ----a-w- c windows system drivers hardlock sys - - - - ----a-w- c windows system haspvdd dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system drivers Haspnt sys - - - - ----a-w- c windows system haspdos sys - - - - ----a-w- c windows system hdinst windows dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system haspds windows dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system hasp inst help dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system hdduinst exe - - - - ----a-w- c windows system hinstd dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system UNWISE EXE - - - - -------- d-----w- c documents and settings Rakesh Application Data AbleSoftware - - - - ----a-w- c windows system gdiplus dll - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files ImageConverter Plus - - - - -------- d-----w- C vtkGUI - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files LG Volume Viewer - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files LightDriver - - - - ----a-w- c windows UNWISE EXE - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files Rampant Logic Postscript Viewer - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files Tcl - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files Python - - - - ----a-w- c windows system python dll - - - - -------- d-----w- c documents and settings Rakesh Local Settings Application Data assembly - - - - ----a-w- c windows nsreg dat - - - - -------- d-----w- c documents and settings Rakesh Local Settings Application Data Mozilla - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files ActiViz NET - - - - ----a-w- c windows system drivers ewusbmdm sys - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files Huawei technologies - - - - -------- d--h--w- c windows PIF - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files CMake - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files OpenCV - - - - -------- d-----w- C New Folder - - - - ----a-w- c documents... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/usb-drive-is-not-shown-in-explorer-474795.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I have an external Samsung drive,1 Tb,which I formatted and wiped. After performing the operation my external drve no longer showed up on My Computer although it did show up in the device manager with yellow ! beside them. See photo. I uninstalled the the ones in the device manager,unplugged my external drive from my computer and from the power,rebooted the computer and plugged the external drive in. Same problem. Any advice?

THIS PROBLEM IS SOLED!!

A:External Drive Not Shown

WPD stands for Windows Portable Device. It's the driver that allows the USB devices for Media Syncing. It is also required for ReadyBoost to work. The driver is likely corrupted or not installed.

Uninstall the drivers from the Device manager
1. Click start
2. Type devmgmt.msc in Start Search and press Enter
3. In Device Manager locate the USB device, right click on it and select the option uninstall.
4. Restart the computer and check.
For more information you may refer the following link and run the Fixit for resolving USB Device issues:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Tips-for-solving-problems-with-USB-devices

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/external-drive-not-shown.1109769/
Relevancy 49.88%

Turning my comuter on the computer was unable to boot Displayed was a message that said quot WinXP was unable to boot because a file in the following directory was either missing or corrupted c config system I had no problem using my cd-rom while I had this problem because I have a feature on the computer quot QuickPlay quot This feature permits me to play media cd s DVD s music and etc I choose the quot Safe mode and command line quot option in the start up menu in attempt to use the quot scanreg restore quot command as well as the chkdsk command Unfortunately this only resulted in the same message as above I tried doing a quot microsoft restore system quot and that drive in My Computer shown not CD-Rom did not work either despite the fact that I did have several checkpoints available So I chose the other restore system option and finally my computer booted Only now I have two problems The first one is that all of the checkpoints I had are gone I know where to find and I did find my files in the quot Computer and settings myPrevProfile quot directory The point is that the CD-Rom drive not shown in My Computer files that I had on the desktop are all gone except for the default ones made my the OS of course The second problem is that my cd-rom is not shown in My Computer Neither will the computer read or play any cd s that I insert Although I still can use the cd-rom with the QuickPlay feature I booted from setup cd into the recovery console I chose the quot safe mode and command line quot option and did the following after and advice c windows repair copy system bak c windows system config Unfortunately this did not work either I need to solve this problem ASAP Please help me Thank you nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-rom-drive-not-shown-in-my-computer.507569/
Relevancy 49.45%

Got a new 160 gb western digital IDE hd, but winxp cant display the full volume, only 127 i think. The software that came with the hd didnt help, and wd's website didnt offer much help either...

How do i fix?

Relevancy 49.45%

Hi I tried to install fedora linux yesterday on my external harddrive and it crashed in the drive bad shown in post screen? midst of that process I lost all of my data on my flash drive from which I booted from and now that I open it up in windows it says there are only GB space available kB used although it was originally an GB drive I hope that might be useful However that is not really bad drive shown in post screen? my main issue my real problem is that my external harddrive gb eSATA isn t recognized by windows anymore But in the post screen I went to the booting options and my external drive bad drive shown in post screen? still showed up although I of course couldn t boot from it I used Partition Magic and it found my external drive with gb however it was marked as a bad drive I had the option to format it to FAT but when I tried that all I got after the reboot was an Error while executing batch and it cancelled the formatting THank you for reading and I hope you can help me I can t really afford another harddrive PS If you think it s really fried do you think a local store could fix it nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bad-drive-shown-in-post-screen.985692/
Relevancy 49.45%

I dont know how this has happened, but I now have an extra CD Drive shown on "My Computer". I have not physically added any such drive. How do I get rid of it?

I suspect it may have got there as a result of my inexperience with RMPrepUSB which I have been attempting to use without success to produce a bootable usb stick with Partition Wizard on it as per Bharat Balegere's tech tips on agnipulse.com/2011/01/. If this is likely, can anyone wise me up so I dont do it again?

A:Extra CD Drive shown on My Computer

Would you post a screen shot of "Computer" using the snipping tool? That will let us see what is happening.
This explains how to use it if you are not familiar. Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/309212-extra-cd-drive-shown-my-computer.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Ok i have a Seagate freeagent pro 500g external HDD. Was running usb but new MB has esata so i wanted to give it a go. Well not so easy as i thought.

If esata drive is hooked to port when computer loads ,Bios sees the drive but wont get past the windows load screen.

Unpluged from port and windows loads fine. So i plug it in and windows makes the normal noise but nuthing shows up. Wait 7 mins a drive apears but will always cause page to stop responding.

Usb still works fine jus rather esata due to larg files

A:esata drive not shown in windows.

Control Panel - Administrative Tools - Computer Management - Diskmanagement = No drive seen

I am running in Achi also.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/50918-esata-drive-not-shown-windows.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Ok I have 2 exturnal hard drives that just stoped working, they both spin and sound good but dont show up anywhere on any computer, I have tryed them on diffent computers used diffent incloshers diffent cables they dont show up in easeus partition software, think my controlers went out on both of them but not sure, do u guys know any info that mite help me fix this

A:External hard drive not shown at all

You could try downloading a copy of Ubuntu to see if it will recognize the drive.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/external-hard-drive-not-shown-at-all.188276/
Relevancy 49.45%

Just got a Seagate 80GB hard drive......going to use it as an external drive. I connected it to my enclosure and it shows up in Device manager but does not show up on My Computer........what am I doing wrong.... I have other external drives that work just fine. Is there something about the jumpers I need to change ???
Win XP Pro

Jim

Relevancy 49.45%

Im running winxp pro, on an athlon 1.8ghz w/ 512 ddr ram.

After I reinstalled win xp because of an unsolvable and non-restorable windows bug my secondary slave harddrive no longer showed up in My Computer. It was working fine prior to the reinstall and although it still shows up in Device Manage under disk drives, it is the only place. The problem could be that my master hd was designated as D: and it is now renamed C:; what the slave was named before. I want to know if there is any way to restore the harddrive to its previous state or recover the data that is on the slave as it does contain 80 gigs of data that is quite hard to replace.

Relevancy 49.45%

Hello guys
I had 3 partitions C, E, Y with c being for Win Xp, and E for Songs and Y for Linux.
I have removed Linux from my system and therefore converted the Y partition to ntfs and used Partition Magic * to merge the e and Y partitions. Now when i open my computer window i get my Songs partition (E twice, one with E: drive and Other with Y:. Both are identical with same files. See the picture attached. Plz help me to remove this . However when i access my drives through Computer Management or Partition Magic there i get the correct drives C: and E: drives but no duplicate drive partition (Y,
One more thing another drive is showing with a question mark in OTHER section. just see the pic. What is it? Click the image below

A:Same Partition Shown with 2 Drive Letters

Hi rahimveron, welcome to TSF..

do you have any alerts/warnings in your device management console?

- Click Start -> Run -> type:
devmgmt.msc
- Click OK

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/same-partition-shown-with-2-drive-letters-168417.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I have a USB drive connected to an Imac to use solely for time machine backups, now I cannot access the drive at all which does not show on computer desktop nor in Finder, might be coincidence but this happened when I refreshed Firefox which is why I need the backups to revert the Mac.The strange thing is as I cannot exit the drive as usual but when I just pull the cable out I get the message Disk Not Ejected properly, I am puzzled as to how I get the message when the drive is not shown at all!

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/usb-external-drive-not-shown-anywhere-imac-4599587/
Relevancy 49.45%

hi all i have windows xp pro finally and i am having some trouble being able to view the contents of my c drive in some cases i e - when i went to trendmicro s website to use housecall and scan for viruses it only saw my D shown cases drive is in (C:) some boot not drive second partition of boot drive (C:) is not shown in some cases hdd my A drive and E CDrom this is no good because C is where any viruses would lay now- when i still had windows ME on my system i downloaded and used tweakui to restrict the usage of this computer for my year old stepson one thing i had done was to restrict the access he had to the C drive then- i made it so he would not be able to change the settings for tweakui there was no access to any control panel settings either bad idea- since he was the only user setup on the computer so after i finally figured out how to get to the control panel i uninstalled tweakui i think that uninstalling it before i changed the access settings back may have messed with the system because in explorer my c drive shows up at the bottom of the list so then yesterday i installed win xp by upgrading my system so no changes were made to the file system- fat should i change this would this help with the c drive issue nbsp

Relevancy 49.45%

I have Win 7 ultimate x64 edition. Past few days my DVD drive is missing from the computer. It shows under BIOS as well as Device manager (TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-S223C ATA Device). I tried my best and nothing working. Please help me fixing this.

I even tried system restore back to 3 days. Still no luck.

prabz

A:DVD Drive not shown under Windows Explorer

Welcome prabz,

Several users have had luck by shutting down computer. Disconnecting DVD power & data cable. Power up computer, then delete any DVD drivers still present. Power OFF again. Reconnect DVD power & data cable, be connected to the internet & power ON computer again. See if Win7 finds the newest drivers automatically.

Best of Luck, Let us know

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/85237-dvd-drive-not-shown-under-windows-explorer.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I have a seagate 3TB external hard drive and it was working fine for a while.it was connected to my laptop and it turned off due to low battery. when I charged and restarted it my external Hard drive was no longer shown in my computer. It still makes the noise when I disconnect and reconnect it and have the safely remove device icon in the right tray.

it works fine on all new laptops.. but is not shown on any device which was earlier connected.
HELP ME

A:My hard drive is not shown in my computer

Is this a single external 3tb drive?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-hard-drive-is-not-shown-in-my-computer.192829/
Relevancy 49.45%

A friend of mine wants me to copy a movie they have downloaded on there hard drive to a DVD.
There Hard Drive is a Maxtor Diamond Max Plus 9 with 120GB ATA/133. I set the jumpers to master and hooked the HDD up to my Sata/IDE to USB 2.0 Adapter. I can see the hdd in device manager and also in disk management. Cannot see the drive in My Computer. I cannot set a drive path in disk management cause it is greyed out when I right-click the disk in disk management. I've researched on here and followed others advice with same problem and tried the TestDisk but it showed no partition. Mind u this hard drive is out of a computer. I have it on a table trying to set a drive path so I can open it. Any suggestions anyone?

Relevancy 49.45%

I have a 128mb pen drive - when I open it up there are no files visible - however when I right click and view properties it shows the drive as being full with no free space.

I did have files on this but I am happy to get all deleted and start with a clean slate.

I have had the drive connected to my laptop and my desktop and all was fine until this happened (both have Win XP).

I have tried to reformat the drive but it won't let me.

HAS ANYONE GOT ANY IDEAS HOW TO GET THESE FILES DELETED.
A juicy red apple is nice but not every apple is red.

Nev.

Relevancy 49.45%

I have a USB key which I use to shuttle stuff from one comp to another. A couple of the machines are macs.After using the key in a mac last time (and "maybe" reformatting it) it now does not show on "my Computer" in XPI have re-formatted it as a DOS volume in the Mac to no result.XPs Computer Management / device manager / disk drive shows it as a USB flash disk, Properties shows it is working normallyIf I plug it into a USB 1 port on my PC I get the warning saying it could perform fasterI know I need to re-format it. Trouble is, how do I do this if "my computer" doesnt show it? I have XP set up to resemble win98 as much as possible - is this an issue in some arcane windows way?

A:Flash Drive Not Shown On "my Computer"

Right click on My computer and go to manage. From there select Disk Management. You will see the drive. Right click on the drive and see if there is a option to assign a drive letter. This should then list the drive in My Computer.

I hope this resolves the issue.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/76990/flash-drive-not-shown-on-my-computer/
Relevancy 49.02%

I have a similar problem as a previous thread, with a little bit of a difference. My PC has 3 hard drives and one DVD drive. I can see 2 of the hard drives in Libraries, but not the 3rd hard drive, or the DVD drive. If I go into Computer Management, they are shown, but say "No Media", and the internal hard drive is shown as "removable".

It won't let me right click anything except to access Properties or Change Drive Letters/Paths. These drives were working until fairly recently, but the hard drive was the first to give me problems. Sometimes it wouldn't show up, and rebooting the PC would let it show up. Now, however, that no longer works. I have data on that drive I really want to keep, so formatting it is not an option. And of course, I can't format a DVD drive.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Jim

A:One hard drive, and my DVD drive not shown?

The DVD and the HDD may be different problems - maybe. Try this:

For the DVD, see whether this helps: Your CD drive or DVD drive is missing or is not recognized by Windows or other programs

For the disk have a look in Disk Management first and see what it says there. If appropriate, post a snip of your Disk Management.

And as a general catch all, you could try to run sfc /scannow in elevated command prompt.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/132745-one-hard-drive-my-dvd-drive-not-shown.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I have a 3 TB hard drive connected to a Windows 7 computer. The very first time I connected this hard drive Windows "lured" me into formatting the drive and the result was that the drive showed up as a 750 GB hard drive. Whatever I tried later to get this drive back to 3 TB failed. Now this drive shows up in Disk Management as

Disk 1
Basic
2047.88 GB .......... 2047.88 GB
Online ................. Unallocated

and

Disk 2
Basic
749.39 GB ............ 746.39 GB
Online .................. Unallocated

How can I reformat this disk back to being one disk with 3 TB?

Thanks for your help.

A:Hard drive shown as 2 disks - how to combine?

Post a maximized/resized screen print of Disk Management so all info is displayed using these instructions:
Disk Management - Post a Screen Capture Image

MY GUESS is you will need to initialize the 3TB HD as GPT to use it as a single drive/partition.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/397044-hard-drive-shown-2-disks-how-combine.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello, i am new here so her goes..
After updating my Dvd/cd drive last night and then rebooting caused my computer to startup up slow. At the dell startup up screen it stays completed for around a minute or so and then loads up fine. When i went to My computer and Device Manager it doesnt show up. I tried unplugging and replugging the Dvd/CD cables inside but that didnt change it.
Please help.

Relevancy 48.59%

I have recently downloaded Partition Wizard but now have the following problem and I hope you are able to assist me I have used a bootable iso CD of Partition Wizard I booted into Partition Wizard from this CD I needed to delete an old Win SE drive and incorporate the resulting drive space as a part of Partition * letters shown after as now using Wizard Drive my WinXP drive I have formatted the Win SE partition then deleted this partition so it was then unallocated I then re-sized my C drive to incorporate this unallocated space After this was done I rebooted into Windows XP I saw the normal black Windows XP screen with the travelling lights after this the two tone blue screen appeared showing Windows XP Logo At this point the system would not load any further I rebooted into PW and noted that all the partitions had no letters only an followed by the label what should be C Windows XP was Drive letters now shown as * after using Partition Wizard now Windows XP Other partitions are now Drive Drive etc What can I do if anything to correct this problem Many thanks

A:Drive letters now shown as * after using Partition Wizard

Hello mate, start with a look through the informaton at this link below, not sure it will help or not.

XP - Repair Install

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/180362-drive-letters-now-shown-after-using-partition-wizard.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hey, I just installed the RC last night and everything was going okay until I restarted my computer and my backup drive disappeared. It was accessible until I restarted, I didn't install any new drivers.

It's an IDE drive.. it doesn't show up in Disk Management either so I'm kind of stuck at what to do. Any ideas?

Thanks!

A:Hard Drive shown in BIOS not in Windows

Click the start button.. then right click on Computer.. go to Management... in the system management window go down to Disk management.. it should show ur disk there.. you probably need to assign it a drive letter and viola ur done

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/22836-hard-drive-shown-bios-not-windows.html
Relevancy 48.59%

This is very strange. My external USB Maxtor HD's drive letter shows
everywhere EXCEPT in Disc Management...in my second XP Pro partition only (D). (Functions as it should).
In the other installations it shows up just fine as it also does in the
associated backup software.
Any ideas why?

A:Ext. USB HD drive letter not shown in Disc Mngmnt

Ok. forget it guys. A simple uninstall/reinstall of the USB drivers did the trick.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ext-usb-hd-drive-letter-not-shown-in-disc-mngmnt.493757/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello:

I have Windows 7 Ultimate, 64-bit.

I do not know when my dvd/cd drive disappeared, but it has. It is not shown in Disk Management. However, it works insofar as that I can boot from it with a boot disk. I cannot run disks in it.

Disk Manager shows drives C-H (SSD), J (ext), L (ext) and Z (mapped drive of other computer), but not my DVD/CD drive.

What can I do to get the DVD/CD (optical) disk to show? (I seem to remember , way back, that you had to make sure drive letters were activated. Don't know how these days; have looked!)

Thanks in advance.

Hans L

A:dvd drive not shown in Disk Management, but works

Hi,
Try this,
Open the Playing and Burning CDs, DVDs, and Blu-ray Discs troubleshooter

When referring to disk management it would be nice to see it
Disk Management - Post a Screen Capture Image

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/387446-dvd-drive-not-shown-disk-management-but-works.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Today I went to defrag my laptop computer because it had frozen up for several minutes and found that in addition to the main drive, the recover drive and the system drive there was a fourth drive I didn't recognize.

It has the name \\?\Volume{b1e2ed35-909b-4ce3-8f3c-ec23037f3c1e}\

The optimize window says that it is 36% fragmented and need optimization.

Clicking on it does nothing. Analyzing it and Optimizing it does nothing.

It doesn't show up anywhere else as far as I know.

Is this a virtual drive, a virus, a partition something set up?

A:Extra drive shown in Optimize Drives

Look in Disk Management to see what is listed for this drive.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/518057/extra-drive-shown-in-optimize-drives/
Relevancy 48.16%

I have clean installed windows 8. when i explore computer to see the drive them in removable drive section, along with dvd drive there is removable drive too but it have not connected any drive like pen or flash drive. so how to remove it. help please

A:Problem,removal disc shown when no drive conected

What drive does it list as being removable?

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/22470-problem-removal-disc-shown-when-no-drive-conected.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I successfully installed a program (LibreOffice) on a Transcend MicroSDXC. The program runs correctly, but when I attempt to exam the contents of the drive (the SD card), I find only two empty folders: one with my name and the other titled WindowsApps. Further, I can't seem to find anywhere that shows the program's path. I have Hidden items and File name extensions set to display. Are there further steps I should take to be able to view the contents of the SD card?

Thank you.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/69097-program-installed-sd-card-runs-but-not-shown-drive.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Im having trouble installing my external hard drive. I
plug it into my USB port and it registers the hardware, but i have no way to access it through "My Computer". When i check it through device manager everything checks out fine, but it still won't give me an icon in My
Computer. What do i do?

help apprciated. Thanks.

Relevancy 48.16%

My E drive aka my cd dvd drive is not recognizing any discs that includes blanks store bought artist ones etc Yes discs being drive recognized running not shown and Win7 is it sees all drives including the new external drive I got running Win7 and discs not being recognized drive is shown When I boot up PC pops up with a balloon msg saying files waiting to be burned I have no such request pending When I try to find them x opens to my c drive No files there I want or should delete I click on the cd drive and I get a msg that says please put a disc in drive Btw some of the time there has been either a blank disc in drive or a store bought artist cd I tried different restore points and each comes up with some msg about something may be corrupted and contact my administrator me I guess Windows Media Center no longer appears on my pc I was on the Microsoft site and tried to update it and it says it can't something about software restriction and contact my administrator I am not sure if it is related to no disc recognize problem One more thing the sound is working fine An update on the noted comments about Windows Media Player is that I tried to find a exe for it or even I did find it for but it would not install it said already had a newer version on my pc I just haven't looked in the right place I don't know if one issue has any bearing on the other but you never know I have learned a lot since I have been online since early ' and I do know it is most definitely an ongoing learning experience

A:running Win7 and discs not being recognized drive is shown

Hello bobsscgirl, welcome to the forum
Has this just started recently? all these problems together?
Try downloading and running Malwarebytes and CCleaner - Download
If you need any help just ask

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/157403-running-win7-discs-not-being-recognized-drive-shown.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hey Everyone I have been searching around forums for answers and the best option to take I am currently selling used and old PC parts but have come up against a very rude buyer who is wanting a refund for two HDD s that he believe are DOA although they were taken from working tested PC s The two HDD s are SAMSUNG Model HD GJ This is the email I received from him Hi I have just received these two HDD One of these drives fails to be recognized by the BIOS This drive One Will Sata Used Format Not Shown Not In As Drive Bios. Slave, is as dead as they come The second drive fails to be Formatted by Paragon Partition Manager and will not be recognized by Partition Magic at all Both of these drives are dead and can not be used I do expect that you will refund Sata Drive Used As Slave, Not Shown In Bios. One Will Not Format both of these Sata Drive Used As Slave, Not Shown In Bios. One Will Not Format drives as well as the postage cost Rex I have tried to be patient and polite as much as I can but the further Sata Drive Used As Slave, Not Shown In Bios. One Will Not Format emails have been very rude Any idea s on how these problems if they can indeed be fixed would be great Thank you in advance nbsp

A:Sata Drive Used As Slave, Not Shown In Bios. One Will Not Format

You can't use SATA drives as slave, they don't have a Master/Slave relationship like PATA/IDE drives do. So if the buyer is the one that used the slave term, perhaps he's jumpered some of the pins ( http://www.newegg.com/Product/Image... RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Hard Drive -Bare Drive ) If he did that, then yes, I could see that the drives may not work as expected.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sata-drive-used-as-slave-not-shown-in-bios-one-will-not-format.144192/
Relevancy 48.16%

hey guys i need some help so i thought that you could have helped me.
so i just reinstalled windows 7, everything went flawlessly. but now when i go to my computer there is shown a drive that i have not even connected and windows itself is also kinda laggy, and should be because of the specs you know...
and also when i delete a file it dissappears only after i refresh, so i think that we have a problem with explorer.

thanks

A:disk drive shown in explorer, i dont have connected

Hello and welcome skizmoz mate run thee for starters

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/1538-sfc-scannow-command-system-file-checker.html
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/433-disk-check.html

Also try as right click on it and see if it has nay properties

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/322159-disk-drive-shown-explorer-i-dont-have-connected.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Dear friends,

I recently moved a backup file stored in an external HD to a new location using copy/paste. Then, I moved it back to the original location. Now, this backup file is presented as a regular directory (doesn't show the backup file icon) and is not eligible to restore files. How should I make it visible again to restore files?. Also, there are a lot of zip files inside this directory containing the backed up files, but as I said, the backup date is not shown in the restore session.

Thanks.

Luis

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/376926-moved-backup-file-another-drive-not-shown-restore.html
Relevancy 48.16%

yesterday when i plug my external hard drive, it was located in the local disk part and not in the removable devices. how can i change it back to removable?

A:External hard drive is shown as local disk

What type of Hard Drive is it? Make, and Model.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/external-hard-drive-is-shown-as-local-disk-701686.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello There,
We've a problem in sharing the status of BitLocker encryption of a Windows 8.1 Enterprise enabled Windows To Go USB drive, as it is continuously showing up to us as a "Non-Compliant" device but this is fully encrypted. The error shown up here is
as "Unable to find compatible TPM" and the policy for OSD is applied as shown in the "Computer Compliance Report" of this WTG drive is as "Encryption Required: TPM". I am clueless here what to do next to make this WTG drive as
"Fully Compliant" in the MBAM console??? Can some one has faced the similar issue some where and had got it resolved, please help me out?
Thanks in advance for your response.
Regards,
Paras Kumar Jain 

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/742f78f3-fd95-4266-af53-75f16decb53c/wtg-drives-status-is-shown-as-noncompliant-in-mbam-v25-portal?forum=W8ITProWTG
Relevancy 43.86%

hi i have gb adata pen shown my pendrive but pc not pc... shown in in other drive when i tried to format it then pendrive not shown in my pc but shown in other pc... it said pendrive not shown in my pc but shown in other pc... it is write protected and a searchea software callded hdd low level format and formatted it and it was being shown in explorer but when i tried to format it default way it was again saying write protected then i got a suggestion in the net '' Go to Run- gt regedit MyComputer- gt HKEY LOCAL MACHINE- gt SYSTEM- gt CurrentControlSet- gt Control - gt StorageDevicePolicies Delete the StorageDevicePolicies in Your Registry '' and formatted it in the default way but when i ejected it and re connected then it was not being shown in the explorer but when i connected it in the pc then disk security as well as antivirus detected it and when i went to disk management every thing was healthy and ok but the problem is it is not shown when i click my computer i took it to the another pc where it was detected and i formatted it but when conected to my pc then every where it detected except my computer

A:pendrive not shown in my pc but shown in other pc...

second picture is shown when i ipened the disk management and tried to explore from there with the right click.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/283940-pendrive-not-shown-my-pc-but-shown-other-pc.html
Relevancy 43%

Win 7
Toshiba Qosmio x500
When i plug in an external pen drive or hdd to any of the USB Ports. a box opens & says 
" Location is not Available, F:/ is Not Accessible, Access is Denied"
I can view its icon in My Comp. but when i double click, error occurs.
This started happening all of a sudden. It was working fine until yesterday.
Plz help.  :'( 
Bobbina....

A:Any External Hard drive shows " Location is not Available, F:/ is Not Accessible, Access is Denied", this Error is shown all USB ports.

Hi Vincent,
Thanks for your input.
My problem has been solved.
1 chap from another forum suggested it may have been a fault with my AntiVirus.
He made me check the client policy for USB Auto On/Off for external drive scanning.
he suggested me some changes, & now all my usb external drives work... :)
Yayyy..!!!
Thanks all of you.
Regards.
Bobbina..x
(P.s.: hope the problem does not pop-up again...)

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0ca68d31-68ed-4bce-a4c5-3590b49b56a9/any-external-hard-drive-shows-quot-location-is-not-available-f-is-not-accessible-access-is?forum=w7itprosecurity
Relevancy 39.13%

Hi!
I recently noticed that when I do a Google search, the link redirects me to random ad sites, making it nearly impossible to get to the page that I want. I tried System Restore, only to realize it won't let me go past the last step. Also, my CD/DVD drive doesn't seem to be working. You can watch movies and discs in the drive, but it will not recognize a blank disc for burning music or photos.
I have AVG, and it has only detected tracking cookies. I scan with Malwarebytes on a regular basis, and it never seems to find anything. I scanned with AdAware, and it detected tracking cookies as well. I clean out my Cookies and Temporary Internet Files folder quite frequently, but I can't seem to fix the problem.

Thanks for your help!

A:Google links redirect, CD/DVD drive not working, system restore not working.

Please download RootRepeal Rootkit Detector and save it to your Desktop. * Close all programs and temporarily disable your anti-virus, Firewall and any anti-malware real-time protection before performing a scan. * Click this link to see a list of such programs and how to disable them. * Create a new folder on your hard drive called RootRepeal (C:\RootRepeal) and extract (unzip) RootRepeal.zip. (click here if you're not sure how to do this. Vista users refer to this link.) * Open the folder and double-click on RootRepeal.exe to launch it. If using Vista, right-click and Run as Administrator... * Click on the Files tab, then click the Scan button. * In the Select Drives, dialog Please select drives to scan: select all drives showing, then click OK. * When the scan has completed, a list of files will be generated in the RootRepeal window. * Click on the Save Report button and save it as rootrepeal.txt to your desktop or the same location where you ran the tool from. * Open rootrepeal.txt in Notepad and copy/paste its contents in your next reply. * Exit RootRepeal and be sure to re-enable your anti-virus, Firewall and any other security programs you had disabled.Note: If RootRepeal cannot complete a scan and results in a crash report, try repeating the scan in "Safe Mode".

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/241911/google-links-redirect-cddvd-drive-not-working-system-restore-not-working/
Relevancy 37.84%

I got a new Kingston Datatraveler GB pendrive It is working perfectly on both my desktops at home However on my laptop its failing to write data It can read and copy data from the pendrive perfectly however when I try to write data on it it writes a certain amount on a very slow speed - kb s the normal would be mb s and then completely stops giving a file not found error options are Try Again Skip Cancel Sometimes it manages to transfer at a high speed and suddenly stops at and stops transferring at all After a while the pendrive completely disappears from the system and I have to replug it to appear again The PCs not laptop 16GB working other on Drive working but on Pen file is now on the pendrive but its corrupted as it only transferred Does anyone know what s going on Why is my pendrive acting so weirdly It works perfectly on other computers except on my laptop it fails to write Please help nbsp

A:Pen Drive 16GB not working on laptop but working on other PCs

If it works on the desktops, then it is not the pendrive. You might want to look at your laptop more. Have you tried different USB ports on your laptop? Are the USB 2.0 high speed ports, or just 1.0?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pen-drive-16gb-not-working-on-laptop-but-working-on-other-pcs.118564/
Relevancy 37.84%

My computer has slowed right down and the hard driving sounds like it just keeps working and working and working It never stops Have I picked up something Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP just infected? drive I'm Hard working I keeps working - and WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Hard drive just keeps working and working - I'm I infected? svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exe C WINDOWS system pctspk exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Documents and Settings Dad My Documents Programs HiJack This HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google ca O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - HKLM Run HPDJ Taskbar Utility C WINDOWS system spool drivers w x hpztsb exe O - HKLM Run NeroCheck C WINDOWS System NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKLM Run AVG EMC C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exe O - Startup UMAX VistaAccess lnk C VSTASCAN vsaccess exe O - Global Startup Adobe Gamma Loader lnk C Program Files Common Files Adobe Calibration Adobe Gamma Loader exe O - Global Startup Adobe Reader Speed Launch lnk C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader reader sl exe O - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXE O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin npjpi dll O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin npjpi dll O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - DPF B-B - D-A D -FCFDF E C WUWebControl Class - http v windowsupdate microsoft co O - DPF D D - - D -BDCD- C F A B HouseCall Control - http a g akamai net ll xscan cab O - DPF A A - DA - DAF-B - F E E ActiveScan Installer Class - http www pandasoftware com activescan as asinst cab O - Service AVG Alert Manager Server Avg Alrt - GRISOFT s r o - C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exe O - Service AVG Update Service Avg UpdSvc - GRISOFT s r o - C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exe O - Service iPod Service iPodService - Apple Computer Inc - C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe O - Service PCTEL Speaker Phone Pctspk - PCtel Inc - C WINDOWS system pctspk exe

A:Hard drive just keeps working and working - I'm I infected?

Unless mistaken, you should have just done some online scans which didnt find much.

Your log appears clean & I think your hard drive's workings are the cause of Windows indexing service.
More info here > http://www.theeldergeek.com/indexing_service.htm

Malware usually aren't the noisy type..lol

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/hard-drive-just-keeps-working-and-working-im-i-infected-71892.html
Relevancy 37.84%

Hi A month ago i bought a brand new GB USB external hard drive octupus link saphire case for my Dell inspiron laptop I ve been using it as a media storage music and as a back up I travel frequently and i don t take the drive with me consequently i have to unplug it and plug it from the laptop frequently i hadn not not working, GB usb 2.0 was before External working 250 drive recognized, t had any trouble until yesterday when I plug it in and altought there is that the laptop makes when some hardware is plugged in and altough it appears on the safely remove hardware icon I cannot see it in windows explorer and in device manager it appears under the drives but i cannot manage to open the files I tried the Filerecovery software but it did not work as it does not read the drive as plugged I ve read a lot on your threads but my External drive was already partitioned and working perfectly Any help is profoundly appreciated Many thanks Pablo nbsp

A:2.0 usb 250 GB External drive not working, not recognized, was working before

one more thing

I forgot to mention that the operating system is Win XP, and that I tried to look up for the device under run (diskmgmt.msc) and it didn't show up ( the external hard drive wasn't present)
thanks
Pablo

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/2-0-usb-250-gb-external-drive-not-working-not-recognized-was-working-before.27880/
Relevancy 37.84%

I got a new Kingston Datatraveler GB pendrive It is working perfectly on both my desktops at home However on 16GB Drive other but PCs... Pen not on working working on laptop my laptop its failing to write data It can read and copy data from the pendrive perfectly however when I try to write data on it it writes a certain amount on a very slow speed - kb s the normal would be mb s and then completely stops giving a file not found error options are Try Again Skip Cancel Sometimes it manages to transfer at a high speed and suddenly stops at and stops transferring at all and hangs there at s Pen Drive 16GB not working on laptop but working on other PCs... remaining After a while the pendrive completely disappears from the system toghether with the transfer box and I have to replug it to appear again The file is now on the pendrive but its corrupted as it onlytransferred Does anyone know what s going on Why is my pendrive acting so weirdly It works perfectly on other computers except on my laptop as it fails to write Please help nbsp

Relevancy 37.84%

I'm using Windows xp sp2 and a couple of days ago I tried to copy a wav music track from a cd in my cd drive onto one of my hard drives(not the hard drive with windows on it) it gave a message saying unable to complete due to hardware connection being interrupted
since then the Cd drive and Harddrive I was copying too work only intermittently and for a short time. If you try and copy anything too or from the drive it will start working and then stop.
I think this is a virus problem but aren't completely sure as I've run spyware doctor which found a couple of viruses, but the problem continues despite removing them
thanks. hope someone can help

A:Hard drive and cd drive stopped working after file transfer

I'm not a 100% sure but I'm suspecting you power supply. Anybody else go a thought?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/hard-drive-and-cd-drive-stopped-working-after-file-transfer-498489.html
Relevancy 37.41%

I recently bought a new computer, the hard drive only had 320 gb of storage though, so I upgraded to a 1TB hard drive and made the old hard drive into an external.

The first time I plugged it in, it crashed my computer, so I cleaned it using disk part. Now my computer wont open it at all. It doesnt show up on "my computer" or on other computers either. Its simply inaccessible.

So what can I do?

A:Old hard drive isnt working as an external drive

Have you looked in Disk Management? http://pcsupport.about.com/od/termsd/p/disk-management.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/old-hard-drive-isnt-working-as-an-external-drive.1098018/
Relevancy 37.41%

Haven t been here in a while so I tried searching for solutions to this problem and couldn t quite find any that matched my situation Drive DVD! CD DVD CD Reading not but Working! Drive R/RW Suddenly Stopped A few results came close but DVD Drive Reading CD but not DVD! CD R/RW Drive Suddenly Stopped Working! no cigar Anyway here s my problem My DVD drive just won t read DVDs It reads CDs just fine but just won t recognize DVDs I ve had this drive for a long time now and haven t really had a reason to try a DVD-ROM until recently since Elder Scrolls Oblivion was released All I can really add is that it WAS an e-machines desktop until I replaced the CPU mobo vid card and RAM long time ago I ve filled in my specs where they should be filled in so feel free to check em if you need to My second problem is that my CD R RW drive suddenly stopped working after my sister burnt a CD I was making one for her boyfriend immediately after and it just refused to work from there on Any help would be GREATLY appreciated nbsp

A:DVD Drive Reading CD but not DVD! CD R/RW Drive Suddenly Stopped Working!

lets troubleshoot:

- Update firmwares/drivers/Winupdates
- check teh media for physical damages (scratches etc)
- try burning with a CD-RW to test its not a bad CD batch you got
- disable all third party burning software (nero, roxio etc) and try test with WinXP's cd burning software
- open up the pc and check cables and such connected properly, reseat if needed
- try on another pc
- try this thread : http://www.techspot.com/vb/showthread.php?p=262352
- how long have you had it in service? it may have well died out...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-drive-reading-cd-but-not-dvd-cd-r-rw-drive-suddenly-stopped-working.46880/
Relevancy 36.55%

Hi,

My CD-ROM drive and CD-RW drive quit working at the same time. It's hooked up properly and i dont think the IDE cable is broken. I tried the jumpers. They lights turn on and i can open and close it's just that Win 98 SE won't notice them.
Thanks

A:Both CD-R drive and Regular CD drive quit working

Start,Control Panel, System, Device Manager, IDE controllers....any yellow splat marks on them. Anywhere in Device Manager. Do you see an Other Devices? No? good. Look under the Performance Tab at the top. Any drives running in compatibility mode? Any about a boot record changing. No? Get back to us with further details.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/both-cd-r-drive-and-regular-cd-drive-quit-working.107937/
Relevancy 36.55%

Hello friends I'm an advanced user I have just cleanly installed Windows RTM on my Compaq Presario CQ - AU laptop Every thing worked fine including the driver which I downloaded from their website Select software and drivers Compaq Presario CQ - AU Notebook PC - HP Customer Care India - English But when I plugged in my USB pen drive/Pen Help not USB required, drive working! flash drive Kingston data traveler and Moser baer it simply didn't detect it Though in device manager it's listing them When I plug them Windows says the driver for this device isn't properly installed But when I open MY computer USB icon isn't there These pen Help required, USB flash drive/Pen drive not working! drives are working fine in my desktop PC in which Windows XP is installed I guess Windows has some driver problem regarding USB mass storage device that's why it's not installing that driver automatically for these drives Are you folks also facing the same problem If not then can you tell me some solution for it Thanks

A:Help required, USB flash drive/Pen drive not working!

I have a 1gb Kingston Data Traveler, which works just fine with my copy of Win7. As far as an idea of usb mass storage driver problems? I have also a Simple Drive, which registers as a usb mass storage device as well, no problems there. Might be a problem with your install or something.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/23561-help-required-usb-flash-drive-pen-drive-not-working.html
Relevancy 36.55%

Basically I was trying to restore my system defaults by using the Recovery DVD (at the time, this seemed like a good idea). I suppose it's installed whatever was on the recovery thing to my D Drive, and now it's full. I do believe I've royally screwed things up on the C drive, because after you pass the log-in screen it's going to a black screen with a dialogue box that says something about my Microsoft Office drivers, and it tried to load something for about 5 minutes before I gave up. Is there an easy way to transfer everything from the D to the C drive? Or should I just take this somewhere?

Also, are there directions to wiping a hard drive, but leaving the Op System? Ideally I'd like to have the computer back to how it was when I got it. I'm new at this, obviously.

I'm using a Dell Inspiron 1501 with Vista HomeBasic 2006.

A:D Drive Full-Used Recovery DVD-C Drive not working.

hello

before you do anything further, have you tried booting into safe mode and using last known good configuration?

------> enter safe mode..turn on and keep tapping the F8 key.....

there is also a hidden partition in that particular model we can get to if needed.

Also do you have the dell recovery disc?

thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/199028/d-drive-full-used-recovery-dvd-c-drive-not-working/
Relevancy 35.26%

my PC has become so slow its getting impossible to do anything on it restarting seems to help sometimes more sometimes less when i am tying in a i bug... a Hjt-log shown have I think message sometimes it will stop printing out on screen even tho i keep typing then sometimes after a minute or so it will resume displaying what i was typing after it froze I think i have a bug... Hjt-log shown up and the same thing when i click to go to another section of a site it will just freeze up and eventually go to where i wanted also I m still running windows when i restart my pc a window opens up and Video-Play com is displayed with another window usually a screen saver ad pop up type of thingy any help would be greatly appreciated and I will donate to the cause here s my HJT log file Running processes C WINDOWS SYSTEM KERNEL DLL C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSGSRV EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM SPOOL EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM MPREXE EXE C PROGRAM FILES NETWORK ASSOCIATES MCAFEE VIRUSSCAN VSHWIN EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSTASK EXE C PROGRAM FILES NETROPA ONE-TOUCH MULTIMEDIA KEYBOARD MMKEYBD EXE c windows SYSTEM KB KB EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM KB KB EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM HIDSERV EXE C PROGRAM FILES NETWORK ASSOCIATES MCAFEE VIRUSSCAN VSSTAT EXE C PROGRAM FILES NETROPA ONE-TOUCH MULTIMEDIA KEYBOARD KEYBDMGR EXE C PROGRAM FILES NETROPA ONSCREEN DISPLAY OSD EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSGLOOP EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSG EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM mmtask tsk C WINDOWS EXPLORER EXE C PROGRAM FILES NETROPA ONE-TOUCH MULTIMEDIA KEYBOARD MMUSBKB EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM SYSTRAY EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM STIMON EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM HPSYSDRV EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM USBMMKBD EXE C PROGRAM FILES DIRECTCD DIRECTCD EXE C WINDOWS LOADQM EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM QTTASK EXE C PROGRAM FILES COMMON FILES REAL UPDATE OB REALSCHED EXE C PROGRAM FILES LOGITECH MOUSEWARE SYSTEM EM EXEC EXE C WINDOWS RunDLL exe C PROGRAM FILES COMMON FILES MICROSOFT SHARED WORKS SHARED WKCALREM EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM WMIEXE EXE C PROGRAM FILES I think i have a bug... Hjt-log shown INTERNET EXPLORER IEXPLORE EXE C PROGRAM FILES MOZILLA FIREFOX FIREFOX EXE C PROGRAM FILES YAHOO MESSENGER YAHOOMESSENGER EXE C PROGRAM FILES INTERNET EXPLORER IEXPLORE EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM DDHELP EXE C PROGRAM FILES TREND MICRO HIJACKTHIS HIJACKTHIS EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM WBEM WINMGMT EXE R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL www gtcom net R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http red clientapps yahoo com cust ch search html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http us rd yahoo com customize ie www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http us rd yahoo com customize ie www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie ch search html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http us rd yahoo com customize ie www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http us rd yahoo com customize ie www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by GT Com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer sas r mchsi com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride r mchsi com lt local gt R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C PROGRAM FILES YAHOO COMPANION INSTALLS CPN YT DLL O - BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C PROGRAM FILES YAHOO COMPANION INSTALLS CPN YT DLL O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHELPER DLL O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C PROGRAM FILES ADOBE ACROBAT READER ACTIVEX ACROIEHE... Read more

Relevancy 35.26%

Hi all, just finished my new build and taking a look in the computer properties says that i have only 4GB of ram installed yet i should hae 8.

I Checked that i installed x86, by looking in the C:\\ Drive to find (C:\\Program Files(x86)
I have gone into system configuration and checked that there was no limit under the 'boot' section.

My motherboard is a Asus M5A78L-M LX
My Ram is 8GB Corsair Vengeance.

Any Ideas?
Cheers

Relevancy 35.26%

Hi there picked Help Log please! shown up by Adaware but can't be fixed VX and Adware Look me being launched all the time but can't find where from Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINNT System smss exe C WINNT system winlogon exe C WINNT system Help please! Log shown services exe C WINNT system lsass exe C WINNT system ibmpmsvc exe C WINNT system Ati evxx exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT system ccs exe C Help please! Log shown WINNT System svchost exe C WINNT system spoolsv exe C Program Files NavNT defwatch exe C WINNT SYSTEM DWRCS EXE C PROGRA Iomega System AppServices exe C lotus notes ntmulti exe C PROGRA AT amp TGL NETCFGSV EXE C WINNT system NMSSvc exe C Program Files NavNT rtvscan exe C WINNT system regsvc exe C WINNT system MSTask exe C WINNT system stisvc exe C PROGRA UMS Director bin twgipcsv exe C WINNT System WBEM WinMgmt exe C WINNT System mspmspsv exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT system inetsrv inetinfo exe C WINNT system MsgSys EXE C PROGRA UMS Director bin twgipc exe C PROGRA UMS Director bin twgescli exe C PROGRA UMS Director bin twgmonit exe C PROGRA UMS Director bin twgtopo exe C WINNT system rundll exe C WINNT Explorer EXE C WINNT system PRPCUI exe C WINNT system RunDll exe C WINNT system dla tfswctrl exe C Program Files NavNT vptray exe C WINNT system USBMonit exe C PROGRA ThinkPad PkgMgr HOTKEY TPHKMGR exe C Program Files ThinkPad PkgMgr HOTKEY TPONSCR exe C Program Files ThinkPad PkgMgr HOTKEY TpScrex exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Cisco Aironet adu exe D PROGRA PANICW POP-UP PSFREE EXE C PROGRA winzip winzip exe C DOCUME sprpau LOCALS Temp HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page about blank R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www altavista com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page about blank R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant about blank R - Default URLSearchHook is missing O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINNT system msdxm ocx O - HKLM Run PRPCMonitor PRPCUI exe O - HKLM Run BMMGAG RunDll C PROGRA ThinkPad UTILIT pwrmonit dll StartPwrMonitor O - HKLM Run dla C WINNT system dla tfswctrl exe O - HKLM Run vptray C Program Files NavNT vptray exe O - HKLM Run Client Access Service quot C Program Files IBM Client Access CwbSvStr Exe quot O - HKLM Run Client Access Help Update quot C Program Files IBM Client Access cwbinhlp exe quot O - HKLM Run Client Access Check Version quot C Program Files IBM Client Access cwbckver exe quot LOGIN O - HKLM Run Gene USB Monitor C WINNT system USBMonit exe O - HKLM Run Synchronization Manager mobsync exe logon O - HKLM Run Promon exe Promon exe O - HKLM Run TPHOTKEY C PROGRA ThinkPad PkgMgr HOTKEY TPHKMGR exe O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run smbdpmi C PROGRA UMS utils smbdpmi exe O - HKLM Run ADU quot C Program Files Cisco Aironet adu exe quot -nogui O - HKCU Run PopUpStopperFreeEdition quot D PROGRA PANICW POP-UP PSFREE EXE quot O - Plugin for mid C Program Files Internet Explorer PLUGINS npqtplugin dll O - Plugin for mpeg C Program Files Internet Explorer PLUGINS npqtplugin dll O - Plugin for mpg C Program Files Internet Explorer PLUGINS npqtplugin dll O - DPF JavaConnect - http portal eu omron com sametime avaConnect cab O - DPF Yahoo Klondike Solitaire - http presence games yahoo com yog y ks x cab O - DPF Yahoo MahJong - http download games yahoo com game ts y ot x cab O - DPF B CFB- - -A -C A C Checkers Class - http messenger zone msn com binary r cab cab O - DPF E F - B - D - - BD D PCPitstop Utility - http www pcpitstop com pcpitstop PCPitStop CAB O - DPF E D - DF- D - B A- C C A DjVuCtl Class - http www lizardtech com download f trol en US cab O - DPF CC - EF- DFA- C - FFA DF E Musicnotes Viewer - http www m... Read more

A:Help please! Log shown

You have the latest version of VX2. Download L2mfix from one of these two locations:

http://www.atribune.org/downloads/l2mfix.exe
http://www.downloads.subratam.org/l2mfix.exe

Save the file to your desktop and double click l2mfix.exe. Click the Install button to extract the files and follow the prompts, then open the newly added l2mfix folder on your desktop.

Close any programs you have open since this step requires a reboot.

From the l2mfix folder on your desktop, double click l2mfix.bat and select option #2 for Run Fix by typing 2 and then pressing enter. It will process then start. Your desktop and icons will disappear (this is normal). L2mfix will continue to scan your computer and when it's finished, it will be ready for a reboot. Press any key to reboot. After the reboot notepad will open with a log. Copy the contents of that log and paste it back into this thread, along with a new hijackthis log.

IMPORTANT: Do NOT run any other files in the l2mfix folder unless you are asked to do so!
If after the reboot the log does not open double click on it in the l2mfix folder.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/help-please-log-shown-105135.html
Relevancy 35.26%

Hi to everyone who reads this.

I have a problem with some pictures on webpages that uses the .gif extension.
I only see the .gif icon but not the picture. (See screenshot 1.)
And when I right click on it and choose "Show Pictures" it doesn't help either.

There are a few things I tried so far but unfortunatly they didn't resolve my issue.
- IE Options --> Advanced --> I checked the "Show Pictures"
- IE Alt Menu Image/Picture --> Coding --> I selected "Auto Select"
- In the Extensions Folder --> .gif is associated with IE.

And now I'm out of options, so I return to this forum to be helped by people with more knowledge than me.
Does anyone have a suggestion on how to cure this problem, thank you.

Best regards Carlo

A:.gif not shown in IE8.

Hi Carlo,

Welcome back.

See if the following article is of any assistance: Pictures are not displayed on Web sites in Internet Explorer.

I hope this helps.

Good luck!

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/286330-gif-not-shown-ie8.html
Relevancy 35.26%

Hi.
I have a three year old Medion all in one PC running windows 10.
My has always worked fine playing CD's, ripping CD's and playing commercial DVD's.
Recently a DVD I was watching stopped and wouldn't restart. Since then the drive will not recognise DVD's. It makes promising noises then gives up. 'No disc in drive E' is then displayed. It still plays and rips CD's.
I have cleaned the lens several times with a Laser Lens Cleaner disc. I also uninstalled and reinstalled the drive.
It is still not working. Any ideas what I can do? Do they break after a while and need replacing?

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/windows-29/dvd-rw-drive-not-working-no-disc-drive-e-4608501/
Relevancy 35.26%

I recently took advantage of the free Windows 10 upgrade (big mistake?). I have lost some software programs and my e drive is missing. My f drive will run software but will not recognize blank cd or dvds. Are these problems related to my upgrade? Should I go back to Windows 7? I am really frustrated.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/loss-of-e-drive-and-f-drive-not-working.1165331/
Relevancy 34.83%

Strange new folder has shown up on my computer "System Z." I can find out nothing about it. It will not open for me. I do not have access. Do I have a virus or some other malware? I can't even find where it is located.

A:What is a new folder that has shown up

When you installed Windows, you would have used the GPT method.Extract from the link I gave you.Windows partition requirements:https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/wi...System partitionThe device must contain a system partition. On GPT drives, this is known as the EFI System Partition, or the ESP. This partition is usually stored on the primary hard drive. The device boots to this partition.The minimum size of this partition is 100 MB, and must be formatted using the FAT32 file format.This partition is managed by the operating system, and should not contain any other files, including Windows RE tools.NoteFor Advanced Format 4K Native drives (4-KB-per-sector) drives, the minimum size is 260 MB, due to a limitation of the FAT32 file format. The minimum partition size of FAT32 drives is calculated as sector size (4KB) x 65527 = 256 MB.Advanced Format 512e drives are not affected by this limitation, because their emulated sector size is 512 bytes. 512 bytes x 65527 = 32 MB, which is less than the 100 MB minimum size for this partition.Microsoft® reserved partition (MSR)Beginning in Windows 10, the size of the MSR is 16 MB.Add an MSR to each GPT drive to help with partition management. The MSR is a reserved partition that does not receive a partition ID. It cannot store user data.Other utility partitionsAny other utility partitions not managed by Windows must be located before the Windows, data, and recovery image partitions. This allows end users to perform actions such as resizing the Windows partition without affecting system utilities.Protect end users from accidentally modifying utility partitions by identifying them using a GPT attribute. This prevents these partitions from appearing in File Explorer.

http://www.computing.net/answers/security/what-is-a-new-folder-that-has-shown-up/40390.html
Relevancy 34.83%

I am using Intel DG33FB motherboard and use 1GBX4=4GB RAM.
In BIOS 4GB is showing, but in Windows XP 32-bit its shows only 3.25GB.
But in Windows XP 64-bit 4GB is showing.

Can anyone provide me a detail explanation.

A:Less RAM size shown

• A 32-bit operating system uses 32 bits to refer
to the location of each byte of memory.
• This 4GB is the total amount the OS can
address.
• Subtract from that 4GB all hardware devices that need
memory access. Motherboard components, PCI-E
video cards, etc.
• This can be anywhere from ~500MB to 2GB depending
largely on amount of RAM on the Video Card.
• Result is anywhere from 2GB-3.5GB with 4GB of
memory installed, unless a 64-bit OS is used.

This is why you do not see 4GB when you look at your system memory info.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/less-ram-size-shown.672407/
Relevancy 34.83%

One of my data HDDs shows up in Device Manager but not in My Computer. I may have moved it to a different SATA port. What should I do?

A:HHD not shown in My Computer

Does it show up in Disk Management?
Actually and also, when did it work, when did it stop working, what was done in between these times?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/388608-hhd-not-shown-my-computer.html
Relevancy 34.83%

I have a Lenovo running Windows 10 Pro. System - About said that I had 4GB of RAM installed, but only 1.88 GB usable. So I ran a Crucial.com scan and bought a compatible 8GB RAM chip. Now it says I have 8GB of RAM installed, but still only 1.88GB usable.

Following advice in the forum, I went to System Configuration - Boot - Advanced Options, and verified that Maximum Memory is not checked.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/66714-not-all-my-ram-shown-usable.html
Relevancy 34.83%

I Have a Toshiba GB USB that change into RAW file system So windows don t recognize this I have some important data on it whenever i try to open this prompt a message quot you require to format the drive quot Somebody recommend me scan with mini tool partition wizard and may also USB Computer not shown my in use Test Disk I try with TestDisk and mini tool partition wizard server edition to get back my USB but not get success I also used the mini tool partition USB not shown in my Computer wizard Home edition but don t get my USB So after this I decided to format my USB with default File System FAT file system but USB don t format i try this many time with different file system but USB doesn t formatted Now my USB not shown in My Computer and this is shown in window disk management as a not initialized disk So I try to initialized this with MBR partition and GPT partition style prompt a message is quot Device is not Ready quot Now what should I do Now USB not shown in quot My computer quot while USB shown in windows disk management as a not initialized disk nbsp

Relevancy 34.83%

Running Windows 7 Ultimate (32-bit on my laptop and 64-bit on my desktop), ESET Smart Security v4.0.474.0 on both, and a Thecus N5200 Pro NAS.In Windows Explorer the Thecus NAS is never shown in the Network unless I type into the address bar: '\\ThecusN5200'  Once I've done this it is shown until I close Windows Explorer and I then have to repeat this every time I want to access the NAS.  I have mapped one of the folders as a network drive and this is always visibile and accessible under 'Computer.'I have read so many threads on similar issues that give solutions such as: enable NTLMv1, look at your firewall, ensure network discovery is on etc etc.  None work!  Given that I can see the NAS once I type '\\ThecusN5200' into the address bar I'm none the wiser as to why it isn't shown by default.Any suggestions gratefully received.RegardsSkeir641

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/d30b347c-9e89-4246-a7e3-85f506cc7c87/nas-not-shown-in-network?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 34.83%

I just did a fresh reinstall of Windows XP x64. I have a total of 4gb of ram but only 3.25gb is shown in the system properties. Why? How can i fix this?Thanks

A:I have 4gb of ram but only 3.25gb is shown

Onboard graphics with shared memory?

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-xp/i-have-4gb-of-ram-but-only-325gb-is-shown/202995.html
Relevancy 34.83%

I just purchased a bunch of new parts and built a computer. The problem that I am having is that when I start the thing up, nothing appears on the screen.
My first instinct was to check to see if the video card was in tight enough, but it is definately ok. I checked other connections and they all look good. I know it shouldn't have anything to do with the monitor working or not because is was just hooked up to my old computer. Any other ideas?

Relevancy 34.83%

Hi- I had two gigs of memory on Memory shown not my vista system with and Abit Kn sli MB I decided to add more gigs of sale ram from Frys- Problem is as I look to see how much ram I have on my computer it only shows that I am running gigs worth of the I have trouble shooted by Taking each Memory not shown stick out and individually testing each in all four slots They all read good I have tried to run just the new RAM and it reads only of the gigs When I run one old stick gig and one new stick gig the computer reads gigs I have tried every configuration and all I can ever get the computer to read is gigs Do you know of Memory not shown a test I can run that would show if all the memory is working but just not registering Note I have XP on a separate Hard Drive and it only shows the max Memory not shown gigs also So it seems it s not a windows problem nbsp

Relevancy 34.83%

Can someone tell me how SP2 is shown in add/remove someone I know needs to uninstall it .....

A:How is SP2 shown in add/remove

It just shows as "Windows XP Service Pack 2" in the add/remove list, Hightlight it and click remove.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-is-sp2-shown-in-add-remove.278779/
Relevancy 34.83%

hi i have just recieved a toshiba satalite pro, i have put a 1gb ram upgrade in but in control panel and bios it still only shows 1gb not 2gb i have swaped the original one with the new one in case it was faulty but it works fine does anybody have any ideas
thanks liam

A:ram upgrade not shown

Originally Posted by lucyislay

hi i have just recieved a toshiba satalite pro, i have put a 1gb ram upgrade in but in control panel and bios it still only shows 1gb not 2gb i have swaped the original one with the new one in case it was faulty but it works fine does anybody have any ideas
thanks liam

hmm.......
install this app ''CPUZ'' then go to the ''memory'' tab, here it will state whats in your system... though if the BIOS wont recognize it this app will have no luck either..

have you got the exact make & model of your machine.??

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/264184-ram-upgrade-not-shown.html
Relevancy 34.83%

Ok i have vista and xp on my system. I just in a new HD and reformatted it in xp but not in vista. I cant see it under my computer, but if I go to disk management i can see it and it says Disk 2 Dynamic and under that it says Invalid - how do I correct this so I can use it in vista as well? Thanks

A:HD not shown in vista

Hi -

Please provide screen shots of diskmgmt.msc from Vista and from XP.

Regards.

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/hd-not-shown-in-vista-346101.html
Relevancy 34.83%

hello.some of my windows seven pictures are not showed like encarta encyclopedia and pictures in help ,internet explorer,... . this problem have created 3months ago.

Relevancy 34.83%

I installed a second HD and formatted it and then Installed Norton Ghost on the C HD and backed up the primary© HD in mid April. I set up a schedule to automatically back up the C drive every week. I recently noticed that there was no E drive shown in the MY Computer, but in the hardware and driver listings it is shown, and that it is working normally. I cannot get the Ghost to back up as the E HD is not on the MY Computer. I have been looking all over to find a solution. Any help would be greatly appreciated

A:2nd Hd Not Shown In My Computer

That's odd. Have you looked in the BIOS to see if it's showing there? Have you checked for loose cables? Have you gone to Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Computer Management -> Disk Management to see if it's listed there?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/53332/2nd-hd-not-shown-in-my-computer/
Relevancy 34.83%

There is an instance when a file's extension doesn't show. I know there is a simple fix but can't remember it or find it.

Here is one example:

Start/computer/c:/websites/name

On the right is a list of files
comments
pages
zerp

What I want to see is
comments.php
pages.html
zerp.exe

How do I unhide the hidden extensions?

A:Extension not shown

Open Folder Options, unselect Hide extensions for known file types.

Folder Options - Open

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/285344-extension-not-shown.html
Relevancy 34.83%

Edit Mod can close this thread since its solved I used combofix and it seemed like a trojan somewhere on ws dll something it seems to work Some pages be cannot shown again yey D I did a hijack this since some pages cant be shown and I cant log in to them tried diffrent browsers such as ff i-e opera safari not working kind regards N EDIT did check www tibia com the page I wanna acess a game community in internet explorer and clicked quot visa k Some pages cannot be shown lla quot translated quot show source quot and it came up something like this script type text javascript gt var loginStatus loginStatus false var activeSubmenuItem worldboards var IMAGES IMAGES http static tibia com images var LINK ACCOUNT LINK ACCOUNT https secure tibia com account var g FormName var g FormField lt script gt script TYPE quot text javascript quot gt -- Framekiller lt Some pages cannot be shown --- setTimeout quot changePage quot function changePage if parent frames length gt if browserTyp quot ie quot parent location document location else self Some pages cannot be shown top location document location and so on framekiller from java hack or keygen How do I remove it please SEDIT Moved from XP to Malware Removal Logs Hamluis

A:Some pages cannot be shown

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREPlease download GMER from one of the following locations and save it to your desktop:Main MirrorThis version will download a randomly named file (Recommended)Zipped MirrorThis version will download a zip file you will need to extract first. If you use this mirror, please extract the zip file to your desktop.Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.Temporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security programs will not conflict with gmer's driver.Double-click on the randomly named GMER file (i.e. n7gmo46c.exe) and allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.Note: If you downloaded the zipped version, extract the file to its own folder such as C:\gmer and then double-click on gmer.exe.GMER will open to the Rootkit/Malware tab and perform an automatic quick scan when first run. (do not use the computer while the scan is in progress)If you receive a WARNING!!! about rootkit activity and are asked to fully scan your system...click NO.Now click the Scan button. If you see a rootkit warning window, click OK.When the scan is finished, click the Save... button to save the scan results to your Desktop. Save the file as gmer.log.Click the Copy button and paste the results into your next reply.Exit GMER and re-enable all active protection when done.-- If you encounter any problems, try running GMER in Safe Mode.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/324277/some-pages-cannot-be-shown/
Relevancy 34.83%

Hi! I have a problem with a key on my German QWERTZ keyboard.The key is between alt gr and the left arrow key, and it shows the following symbols bottom to top:   |  ?   ? The key does not digit any of those symbols, no matter which key combos I use.Instead, it has a ctrl function. How can I use it to digit those symbols (possibily also when using other language layouts)? What is the reason why it has a different funtion? Thanks!Giulia

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/key-has-different-funtion-than-shown/td-p/5809329
Relevancy 34.83%

Hi! I have a problem with a key on my German QWERTZ keyboard.The key is between alt gr and the left arrow key, and it shows the following symbols bottom to top:   |  ?   ? The key does not digit any of those symbols, no matter which key combos I use.Instead, it has a ctrl function. How can I use it to digit those symbols (possibily also when using other language layouts)? What is the reason why it has a different funtion? Thanks!Giulia

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/key-has-different-function-than-shown/td-p/5809329
Relevancy 34.83%

Hi people, Well I had some RAM and it shown ONLY 2GB OF RAM. So went out and BOUGHT new RAM 4GB put it in then all i saw was 2GB! After doin' a bit of research I knew that the old RAM had 4GB (I got my computer tweaked so I didnt know) Is there a way to make this show or anything?

A:Rest of RAM not shown?

Did you alter the configuration in MSCONFIG > Boot > Advance?
If so, uncheck "Number of processors" and "Maximum Memory" those checkboxes should be unchecked.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/156475-rest-ram-not-shown.html
Relevancy 34.83%

hi friends,
am having a problem with my computer and i can not find my dvd-rw icon when i open my computer. please help me to solve this problem! thank you

A:DVD-RW not shown in my computer

Try this (1):
Your CD drive or DVD drive is missing or is not recognized by Windows or other programs
Your CD or DVD drive can't read or write media
The CD drive or the DVD drive does not work as expected on a computer that you upgraded to Windows Vista

Try this(2):
1) Shut down PC.
2) Physically disconnect the CD/DVD Drive.
3) Reboot to Windows with NO DVD drive.
4) Shut down PC.
5) Physically reconnect the CD/DVD Drive.
6) Reboot to Windows with DVD drive.
7) Check Device status.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/189712-dvd-rw-not-shown-my-computer.html
Relevancy 34.83%

So I've been looking to overclock my laptop for about a week now and I've come across CPU-Z to view some specs and I've noticed that there is no multiplier shown under the CPU tab.

Also if anyone could help me with another problem. When I'm inside my BIOS menu there is no option related to Advanced BIOS features or anything like that.
Picture of CPU-Z displaying Mainboard

Any help or direction would be much appreciated. Thanks.

A:CPU-Z no multiplier shown

It is a mobile version of the i7. Much more limited than the desktop version. You are also limited in your over-clocking abilities with this

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-z-no-multiplier-shown.184421/
Relevancy 34.83%

hi all, if i hover the mouse over any link on a webpage, Firefox shows the
link url at the bottom of the screen. how do i stop firefox from doing that ?
regards

A:[SOLVED] do not want url shown

View>Status Bar. The whole bar is now gone. Do the same thing to bring it back.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f131/solved-do-not-want-url-shown-668953.html