Windows Support Forum

Music Playback is Choppy

Q: Music Playback is Choppy

I am running XP/Win7 on my AMD 64 Athlon 3400+ powered Pavillion. I have an integrated Realtek AC'97 audio card and lately I've noticed that all music playback is choppy - whether it's iTunes, Windows Media Player, or Youtube. I've tried different speakers, headphones, etc., but reagrdless of the hardware I use, I still get the same problem. It sounds as if the music is being paused and then played very quickly throughout the song. I don't really notice it in Windows sound effects, but that may be because they are short in length. I notice this happening on both XP and Windows 7 and don't know why.

Please help!!!

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Music Playback is Choppy

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Music Playback is Choppy

Try updating your audio and chipset driver. There could also be a program running in the background taking up to much memory or CPU cycles. If you listen to music alot you should get a dedicated sound card. You can get a really good Audigy on Ebay for under $15. Onboard audio is notoriously troublesome. Too many other things in the system can interfere with it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/music-playback-is-choppy.132766/
Relevancy 88.58%

I just installed Vista Ultimate I personally made my PC and while it s not the most spectacular machine it should do However I get Music Sound Playback All Choppy No / At choppy music playback no matter what Music software I use I ve tried WMP iTunes and Winamp All are choppy My motherboard has onboard audio Just basic and Vista installed the AC Choppy Music Playback / No Sound At All Audio Codec for it which is what is used in XP as well I also have an Choppy Music Playback / No Sound At All extra sound card that I installed It s a C-Media PCI Audio device and the drivers for Choppy Music Playback / No Sound At All that were installed from Vista as well Whenever I set the C-Media card as default I get music but choppy Whenever I set the onboard audio as default and move my speakers plug I don t get anything Vista says it s working just fine but I don t get anything I have mb ram with gig readyboost drive AMD Sempron ghz I have a Radeon SE Video Card no areo but works fine other than that My ratings in the performance monitor are Processor Memory Graphics Gaming Graphics Primary Hard Disk So do I really need better hardware just to get a simple mp to playback smoothly or could there be something else wrong here nbsp

Relevancy 88.58%

Does anyone know why does music playback become choppy while typing.....its getting choppy while I am typing this

system info

win xp sp2
amd athlon 5200
780g chipset mobo
2 gb ram
realtek onboard audio

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/choppy-music-playback-while-typing.854379/
Relevancy 86.86%

This is a problem I've encountered on totally different devices The first was a stationary self built computer and I figured the problem had to come from compatibility issues maybe some kind of internal arguments between drivers and hardware so I returned to Windows in W issue 8 movie/music Periodical choppy playback and thought nothing more about it Win was still pretty new back then Then about half a year ago I bought a Fujitsu UH with Windows pre-installed from the factory To my big surprise the same annoying issue occurred where around every minutes there's a second window with choppy playback of sound no matter which player used VLC Google music youtube Gom player etc This issue is far beyond ridiculous considering Win is meant to be Microsoft's big save re-inventing the hole user experience on PC So far I have next to nothing bad to say about the years I've spent using Win x in Periodical movie/music choppy playback issue in W 8 contrast to Win which so far has given nothing but anger management issues I want to know other peoples experience regarding this issue and hopefully any known solution will surface in this thread

A:Periodical movie/music choppy playback issue in W 8

What kind of CPU, and how much RAM and what kind of ram? It may be the same cause as with the PC.

You should try getting some content that is 720p, if it plays without skipping, then confine your purchases too 720p content if you can.

Because while this machine I am using for Media playback had Windows 7 in it, I could NOT play any 1080p content without stalls and skips and little blurps.

But once I installed 8, It played beautifully, using VLC and Media Player, PLEX and even some of the Players in the Start Screen side.

Number 1, do a full CHKDSK on your hard drive(s), use a command prompt to start it. Number 2, download Raxco Perfect Disk from

Buy PerfectDisk 12.5 Defrag & Optimization | Raxco Software

There should be a home version with a 30 day trial. Do an optimization immediately, then set it up to do it daily at Midnight each night and leave it on for a few days, the longer you leave it on, the better it will be defragged. Finally, do a "Boot Time Optimization" and that will defrag your Swap and Hiberfil.sys files - Tell Perfect Disk to handle all Windows swap files and prefetch files.

I use this program to optimize SSD drives but it works great on HDDs, but do not watch a moovie while it is defragging, not until it has run on it's own a bunch of times, the more it runs, the better it will get, it will prevent fragments from forming.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/32369-periodical-movie-music-choppy-playback-issue-w-8-a.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Trying to figure out how to fix this on relative's computer. Its WinXP, AMD Duron Processor 900 Mhz with all updates to Direct_X. DVD playback is horrible--CPU goes to 100%, but I endtasked a lot of stuff--its got 256K RAM. Does it need more RAM?

Relevancy 64.07%

I cannot play a dvd on my system it is driving me nuts. My I can backup my dvd read a dvd play a music cd but I cannot watch it. When I do try to watch it my ide controller puts me in pio mode for the drive. I have a Sata as my boot drive I have a Sony dru 800A dvd drive ide 1 and raid on ide 2.
My mother board Epox 9nda3+ nforce 3 Amd 3200+ Venice 1 gig ram I am using on board sound realtec I didnt hook up a sound cable I just do not understand why I cant watch a dvd. Any help

A:DVD Playback choppy

What video card are you using and do you have up to date drivers?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-playback-choppy.420236/
Relevancy 64.07%

This has been driving me crazy for quite a while now!

In my IBM PC300 PL (in CPU specs) with XP Pro, I have problems playing DVDs. The video is horribly choppy in every player I've tried.

Drive is a Pioneer DVR-710. DMA is enabled.

Any ideas?

(Everest Log Attached)

Thanks,
Joe

Relevancy 64.07%

Ok, here's the deal. I'm trying to watch a HD movie on my computer. It's a huge .mkv file, about 5 GB. It opens in Windows Media Player, Windows Media Classic, and my VLC player but it's real choppy. What can I do to have it run smooth?

I have a NVIDIA MCP67M driver, and it is up to date according to HP.
4 GB RAM
HP Pavilion DV2700

Any solutions?

A:Choppy HD playback

Zoom player. It was my solution. Don't forget the codec packs.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/choppy-hd-playback.782384/
Relevancy 64.07%

I am having problems with my DVD player (again). Playback is really choppy and I can't remember how I normally fix it. I have DMA turned on. I don't have anything else running in the background. And a hardware DVD decoder is out of the question.

Chances are it'll correct itself, but I would just like to see if someone has a proper way of fixing this.

Thanks all.

Relevancy 64.07%

I have an internal DVD-ROM and an external DVD/CD-RW on my Compaq EVO1000n notebook. When playing a DVD on my internal DVD I get choppy playback using InterWinDVD or InterACtual Player. The same DVD will play perfectly on my external Plextor DVD. I've updated all drivers on my notebook. Compaq doesn't provide more support other than updating drivers. DMA is enabled for both my primary and secondary channels. Not sure what else I can try?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/choppy-dvd-playback.184141/
Relevancy 64.07%

Hey there,
Hope I'm not asking an old/dumb question here, but I just installed SP1 on my Vista machine and ever since then I've gotten choppy dvd playback. The sound is okay, and everything else is okay, but the playback's fps is really low, making it pretty choppy. It worked fine before I installed SP1. I've also updated my video card drivers, and tried restarting. I remember that this happened when I first installed Vista, but I don't remember what I did to fix it. System specs are in my sig.

PS I should probably also mention that other video(like mpeg files and media from the internet) have no problem. As well as that everything works fine when I boot into Windows XP(dual-boot machine)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/choppy-dvd-playback-after-sp1-255058.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Happy Holidays everyone!

Currently I am using a Toshiba A105-S4134. It uses an onboard Intel GMA 950. DVD Playback in Media Center or even WMP is very choppy. I've tried running the DVD trouble shoot in the Help & Support but its not helping...any ideas?

Relevancy 64.07%

Anyone else having issues with WMP in Windows 8? It's not happening with other players such as VLC, but playback is choppy and quality looks worse to me than VLC. Seems much heavier on disk access from the sound of the hard disk as well.

Codec packs such as Shark007 and CCCP don't have any effect either. I didn't have these issues with Windows 7.

A:Choppy WMP playback?

Uninstall the codecs.
Turn UAC back to its default position, reboot.
re-install the Shark007 codecs.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/4414-choppy-wmp-playback.html
Relevancy 64.07%

my computer is running choppy. if i click something it kinda skips and when i try watching online video off sites like youtube the playback is choppy. when i play a video off my comp. its perfectly fine. i have a dell inspiron 6400 laptop. was playing perfectly fine until a few days ago. thats when it started being all choppy. when i hit control alt delete theres all these processes running. dunno if that has anything to do with it when all i have open is firefox and nothing else.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/choppy-playback.912779/
Relevancy 64.07%

my pc (Inspiron 1100) suddenly started to play dvds choppy. my dvds are original and new and they still play choppy!

i downloaded the vlc player but they still play choppy. no matter which program (Real One, Windows Media Player, InterDVD and now VLC!!!) i use the same things keep happening. after 5 mins the video stops and starts again and skips then the sounds also becomes choppy. the longer the dvd plays the worse it gets.

i downloaded the latest Direct X updates and i made sure to update Windows.

i ran the trouble shooter but it told me that i couldnt help me!!

no error messages come up when i play the dvds and i checked in the device manager and everything seems to be in working order. i dont think its a virus (i have the latest version of Norton).

i am really frustrated, can you help?

Relevancy 64.07%

I recently built my system with the thought of playing occasional Blu-ray movies When playing Choppy playback Blu-Ray Blu-ray movies I get an occasional video hang-up that stutters a time or two and then continues If I replay the same content it is OK Choppy Blu-Ray playback It is a Lite-On DVD-RW BD-ROM I upgraded to the T Choppy Blu-Ray playback CPU from an Athlon Quad-core with no difference in the playback There is no such issue when playing DVD s I have a Lite-on DVD-RW BD-ROM as the player and an LG DVD-RW I use Cyberlink PowerDVD as the player I feel the system should play Blu-ray without a hitch What have I missed or what is lacking Thanks for your help Here is the paste from your TSG Sysinfo utility Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Ultimate Service Pack bit Processor AMD Phenom tm II X T Processor AMD Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GTS Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB F Total - MB Free - MB H Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd GA- GPA-UD H x x Antivirus Norton Internet Security Updated and Enabled nbsp

A:Choppy Blu-Ray playback

Either cpu should be fine.

Could be the ROM drive, other processes running (such as AV), or HDD activity (the result of other apps or the OS using the drive).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/choppy-blu-ray-playback.1013898/
Relevancy 64.07%

I have an external DVD player/burner and whenever I try to watch a dvd on it it gives me a kind of choppy, jumpy sort of stuttering playback. It's still possible to watch and follow a movie, but it's very annoying.

I don't have a high speed USB port but I don't think this is the problem because I am also using an external hard drive for most of my stored movies and things and when I play anything from there it is fine.

Does anyone know of a Media player I could download that can buffer the playback so that this doesn't happen, or have any idea how I could sort out this problem?
Thank you!!

Relevancy 63.21%

Hi All

I just connected a hitachi dvd rom to an old computer with onboard video/sounds cards, 256 megs of ram, and windows 98se. The player installed without any problems but the dvd playback is pretty choppy. It does the 'stop and go' thing, where it goes slow for a while, and then catches back up. Is there any way around this for a computer as old as mine? Could someone recomend some video codecs?

Thanks!

Ghaleon

A:choppy dvd playback in windows 98

Also, I am using 'media player classic' and the codecs that came with real player alternative

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/choppy-dvd-playback-in-windows-98.501473/
Relevancy 63.21%

My Toshiba Satellite A has never given me any Choppy Playback Media trouble until recently It has always been lightning fast and I am a bit of a multitasker I routinely stream videos on hulu while doing schoolwork on moodle and running Blackboard IM Now ANY time I try to view any media it plays fine for a minute or two and then is infuriatingly choppy This is not Choppy Media Playback just streaming media this is also when viewing downloaded videos in iTunes These problems began around the time I became a Netflix member and started using their Silverlight player It Choppy Media Playback might be a coincidence but that is around the time the problems started I Choppy Media Playback looked at task manager and my CPU is running at almost constantly when viewing media of any type Unfortunately I am a computer idiot and have NO idea what the problem could be Registry Processes No clue what to do and would appreciate any help I want my fast laptop back System Toshiba Satellite A Intel Core Duo CPU T Ghz Ghz bit GB RAM Windows Vista OS Service pack Any help

A:Choppy Media Playback

I ran HiJack this, but the LogFile might as well be in Sanskrit. I don't know a thing about what I am looking at.

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.4
Scan saved at 9:21:13 AM, on 11/1/2011
Platform: Windows Vista SP2 (WinNT 6.00.1906)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v9.00 (9.00.8112.16421)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\Program Files (x86)\AVG\AVG2012\avgtray.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\TOSHIBA\ConfigFree\CFSwMgr.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\plugin-container.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\HijackThis\Trend Micro\HiJackThis\HiJackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = Bing
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = Bing
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = Bing
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page = C:\Windows\SysWOW64\blank.htm
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName =
F2 - REG:system.ini: UserInit=userinit.exe,
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHelperStub - {18DF081C-E8AD-4283-A596-FA578C2EBDC3} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelperShim.dll
O2 - BHO: WormRadar.com IESiteBlocker.NavFilter - {3CA2F312-6F6E-4B53-A66E-4E65E497C8C0} - C:\Program Files (x86)\AVG\AVG2012\avgssie.dll
O2 - BHO: AVG Security Toolbar BHO - {A3BC75A2-1F87-4686-AA43-5347D756017C} - C:\Program Files (x86)\AVG\AVG10\Toolbar\IEToolbar.dll
O2 - BHO: SkypeIEPluginBHO - {AE805869-2E5C-4ED4-8F7B-F1F7851A4497} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Skype\Toolbars\Internet Explorer\skypeieplugin.dll
O2 - BHO: Java(tm) Plug-In 2 SSV Helper - {DBC80044-A445-435b-BC74-9C25C1C588A9} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\jp2ssv.dll
O3 - Toolbar: AVG Security Toolbar - {CCC7A320-B3CA-4199-B1A6-9F516DD69829} - C:\Program Files (x86)\AVG\AVG10\Toolbar\IEToolbar.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TUSBSleepChargeSrv] %ProgramFiles(x86)%\TOSHIBA\TOSHIBA USB Sleep and Charge Utility\TUSBSleepChargeSrv.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PCMAgent] "C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerCinema for TOSHIBA\PCMAgent.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CLMLServer] "C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerCinema for TOSHIBA\Kernel\CLML\CLMLSvc.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NDSTray.exe] "C:\Program Files (x86)\TOSHIBA\ConfigFree\NDSTray.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [cfFncEnabler.exe] "C:\Program Files (x86)\TOSHIBA\ConfigFree\cfFncEnabler.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Intuit SyncManager] C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Intuit\Sync\IntuitSyncManager.exe startup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Program Files (x86)\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG_TRAY] "C:\Program Files (x86)\AVG\AVG2012\avgtray.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Reader Speed Launcher] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Reader 9.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe ARM] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\ARM\1.0\AdobeARM.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [WMPNSCFG] C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Media Player\WMPNSCFG.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~2\MICROS~2\Office12\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: Send to OneNote - {2670000A-7350-4f3c-8081-5663EE0C6C49} - C:\PROGRA~2\MICROS~2\Office12\ONBttnIE.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: S&end to OneNote - {2670000A-7350-4f3c-8081-5663EE0C6C49} - C:\PROGRA~2\MICROS~2\Office12\ONBttnIE.dll
O9 - Extra button: Skype add-on for Internet Explorer - {898EA8C8-E7FF-479B-8935-AEC46303B9E5} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Skype\Toolbars\Internet Explorer\skypeieplugin.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Skype add-on for Internet Explorer - {898EA8C8-E7FF-479B-8935-AEC46303B9E5} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Skype\Toolbars\Internet Explorer\skypeieplugin.dll
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PRO... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/choppy-media-playback-609788.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi,

The sound quality on cd and dvd playback is choppy at best. Originally thought it was my memory (which was 80 - 90% of the hard drive). But after clearing memory space, defraging and scanning with Malwarebytes nothing has changed. My computer is running a lot faster but the sound quality is the same. I even used different players thinking it was an issue with Windows Media Player to no avail.

Please help.

Thanks in advance.

A:Sound is choppy on CD and DVD playback

First open your device Manager and uninstall your audio driver and reboot.Type devmgmt.msc in your run box this will open device manager find your audio device right click it then uninstall. Reboot your machine. Try this program to get an update for your audio driver. DriverMax - free driver download program for Windows XP & VistaYou need to register the program in the link above and you get two free drivers in a 24 hour period. Also take a look at the links below. Tips for fixing common sound problems http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...und-in-windows Please post the log created by the program in the link below. Unknown Device Identifier - Freeware Download Hit start button at lower left hand corner of the screen.Then in the run box type services.msc. Look for windows audio/anything to do with audio and make sure the startup type is set to automatic. To do this,right click selected service select properties then change the startup type to automatic then left click apply.You will need to reboot your machine for the changes to take effect.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/456690/sound-is-choppy-on-cd-and-dvd-playback/
Relevancy 63.21%

Since very late last night, I've had problems with Youtube video playback. I've tested it with 2 separate PCs, same results. I can play videos on cracked.com, Cinemassacre and TGWTG just fine, it's only Youtube that's giving me issues. Videos are slow to load and lock up frequently during playback. I tried updating Firefox and Flash player, it didn't fix the problem, and since 2 PCs are giving me this problem I doubt it's a software issue anyway. So is anyone else having the same problems right now with Youtube?

A:Is Youtube playback choppy for anyone else right now?

What browser are you using?

Firefox? Does it happen in chrome or internet explorer?

Since other sites work fine, try clearing the cache in your browser. Firefox does lag sometimes, even on powerful pcs. They recently updated firefox though and it is much faster.

Click help-about firefox.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/330116-youtube-playback-choppy-anyone-else-right-now.html
Relevancy 63.21%

I have preformed all the antivirus and anti spyware programs required prior to posting my HijackThis scan results Please let me know if you Choppy Playback Video see what might be cause my system CPU to go into overload whenever I play a video Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exeC WINDOWS system devldr exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEE Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exeC Program Files LogMeIn x LogMeInSystray exeE Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Windows Media Player WMPNSCFG exeC Program Files LogMeIn x LMIGuardian exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files APC APC PowerChute Personal Edition mainserv exeE Program Files Seagate Basics Service SyncServicesBasics exeC WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA exeC Program Files Creative Shared Files CTDevSrv exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Choppy Video Playback Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files LogMeIn x LogMeIn exeC Program Files LogMeIn x LMIGuardian exeC Program Files LogMeIn x RaMaint exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC WINDOWS system wuauclt exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaul rch search htmlR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http howieswebsite com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaul www yahoo comR - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - no file F - REG system ini UserInit C WINDOWS system Userinit exeO - BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - no file O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - E Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO no name - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - no file O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO AcroIEToolbarHelper Class - AE CD -E - f- - EE - E Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dllO - Toolbar Adobe PDF - -D C - - FA - E EAAC - E Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dllO - HKLM Run LogMeIn GUI quot C Program Files LogMeIn x LogMeInSystray exe quot O - HKLM Run ZoneAlarm Client quot E Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe quot O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exeO - HKCU Run WMPNSCFG C Program Files Windows Media Player WMPNSCFG exeO - HKUS S- - - Run DWQueuedReporting quot C PROGRA COMMON MICROS DW dwtrig exe quot -t User 'SYSTEM' O - HKUS DEFAULT Run DWQueuedReporting quot C PROGRA COMMON MICROS DW dwtrig exe quot -t User 'Default user' O - Extra button no name - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - C WINDOWS Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exeO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem xpsp res dll - - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - C WINDOWS Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exeO - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Windows Messeng... Read more

A:Choppy Video Playback

Hello!
My name is Sam and I will be helping you.

I apologize for the delay getting to your log, the helpers here are very busy.

If you still need help, please post a fresh Hijackthis log, in this thread, so I can help you with your malware problems.
If you have resolved this issue please let us know.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/176614/choppy-video-playback/
Relevancy 63.21%

Hey everyone. I have an HP Pavilion computer. It is a Windows 7 64 bit computer. I have plenty of memory and everything. I am using Windows Media Player 12. However, whenever I try to play a DVD, I get choppy playback. Please help!

Relevancy 63.21%

In the last week or so all video as in streamed video's has became very choppy, it is nothing to do with buffering as they always download well ahead of playback and the sound always plays fine it is just the video that is playing up and it is getting very annoying.

I have tried deleting all Temporary files and Temp internet files including the cash and also internet history.

I have read a couple of things about this subject but nothing seems to make any difference.

I have also tried downloading the CCCP codec pack but this hasn't made any improvements.

I hope someone can help me with this as I watch a lot of video's and it is very annoying.

Many Thanks in advance.

Steve AKA Madforit

A:Choppy Video playback

Is there really no-one out there who can help me with this problem???

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/465061/choppy-video-playback/
Relevancy 63.21%

Good Evening All!,

I have a Dell Latitude D510 laptop. Up until I transferred my Century Link internet service from one address to another, my laptop performed very well.

Then I re-established service with Century Link and when the new modem/router arrived, my laptop completely bogged down. The video playback on Amazon, YouTube was instantly slowed to a crawl. And streaming SiriusXM radio became an impossibility. I exchanged the modem/router for a supposed upgrade, but matters only worsened.

I've been on this site before and received wonderful feedback, and now I'm hopeful that you can e-handhold me through this current problem.

Additionally, I noticed Amazon's video player now requires 2.33 GHz. It used to work fine with my 1.50 GHz. Is my problem simply not enough memory?

Thank you!

Relevancy 63.21%

My laptop originally came with Windows XP MCE. I did a clean install of Windows 7 Home Premium. After installing the drivers, now when I watch any video regardless of the browser when I open an additional window the playback is choppy. Sometimes it will stop momentarily then start but is still choppy. Normally my connection is wireless so i decided to connect a ethernet cable. Same thing. What is wrong?

Relevancy 63.21%

Hello, I am unable to watch any DVDs as audio is constantly jumping and stuttering.

I have verified that CD audio is fine, made sure I'm not trying to watch bootleg DVDs and have checked that DMA is enabled on both IDE channels.
Is there anything else I can do?

I have loads of good films I want to watch so any help much appreciated!

Thanks,

Vicky

A:Choppy DVD audio playback

do you software-decode audio
or are you using a sound card with hardware ac3 decoder?

If it is done by your software (power dvd , win dvd etc) open task manager and turn off all processes listed with your user name (leave just the system srevices etc running) before you start the movie.

If this does not help try different DVD playback app.

If your sound card allows ac3 decoding select this option on the sound card and use SPDIF in the dvd playback app

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/choppy-dvd-audio-playback.45064/
Relevancy 63.21%

Hello and thanks in advance for looking into my issue I will be as thorough as possible so you have all of the required information Please bear with me My Problem Media files No video tested yet just MP and Wav files are very choppy and every few seconds I hear that rrrrrrollling effect Very annoying I just built this PC and it s always done it Fragmentation is nt an issue I de-fragged and the HD has been very recently formatted and had Windows Choppy playback media Vista Choppy media playback installed on it I have tried the usuall culprits print spooler network etc and in fact have even disabled the NIC for testing purposes There is no wireless and in fact the machine is off line now while I try to resolve this I have stopped every process Windows will allow turned off Anti Virus firewall all unnecessary services and no luck The process monitor is flatlined at this time physical memory is not an issue I changed out all gig ram DIMMs and tried them in various ram slots Now there are a few interesting things here One is that with all of these processes and services stopped the hard drive access light still flashes approximately every seconds coinciding with the drag in the media Now here s the important part This hard drive accessing only occurs when WMP is OPEN The process monitor is FLAT once I close everything but as soon as I open Windows Media Player the stutter begins Vista s new Resource monitor shows absolutely no movement on the Hard disk when I close WMP but as soon as I open it It goes nuts Dozens of areas on the HD are accessed at once from cookies to A-V program to the paging file Now I have closed it and The Process monitor is flat again and within about a minute the Resource monitor is perfectly quiet again too My main System Intel dual-core Processor E GHZ on an Asus P K M B Windows Vista Ultimate Gig Kingston Ram Seagate Gig HD rpm Seagate Gig HD rpm not currently installed Seagate Gig HD rpm Western Digital Gig HD rpm O S Drive LG x DVD RW SB Audigy ATI Radeon x Graphics Update I installed Winamp just to ensure the problem wasn t Windows Media Player its self Problem persists with no change Few Updates AVG is shut down save for one service that Vista will not let me stop I did disable Windows Aero with no success I may have some additional information Not sure how pertinent but I want to be as thorough as possible as this is very frustrating The media files are not located on the O S drive The reason I think this may be important is the fact that this choppiness the hard drive continuous access happens ONLY while the media is being played Winamp OR WMP What I mean is see attachment when there is no media playing the processor is almost completely flatlined It is only when there is a media file being played that the problem occurs I am attaching images of A the Windows Task Manager CPU Usage history when no media is playing B when a media file is being played C The Services Tab D The Processes Running Once again I don t know if this is important but The HDD configuration in this machine is the Gig is Sata and the and the are both IDE The data media is stored on the but I have also tested moving a file to the OS drive the gig and playing it from there Thanks very much in advance I hope someone can help I just built this system a few months ago the components are good and aside from this problem the system seems to perform just fine Squish nbsp

Relevancy 63.21%

I enjoy watching movies and tv shows on my computer with no playback problems.
However the same cannot be said for some webcam videos I download.
They playback choppy and the audio is out of sync.
Is this because the videos themselves are faulty or is it my computer???
It is a Acer Aspire X3400 with Amd 2.6Ghz processor 4.00GB ram
64 bit Windows7 1TB Hard drive
Thank you

A:choppy video playback

Could be several causes. Most likely, the media player being used for playback does not have the correct codec. You can test most files with a program such as gSpot or MediaInfo to see which codecs are used. You can also test playback with a different media player to see if it has the same problems, I would suggest a standalone player such as KMplayer or VLC.

It's also possible the files are corrupted.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/choppy-video-playback.1044613/
Relevancy 63.21%

I was experiencing jumpy playback on my K6-2 350 w/ Voodoo3 3000 which i put down to the processor, however when i upgraded i realised that there must be something wrong -
My current system:

Athlon 1.33GHz /266FSB
Asus A7A-266 M/Board
512Mb DDR RAM
Asus GeForce3 64Mb Deluxe
Pioneer 16x DVD ROM
MaxtorPlus 30.7GB HDD

DMA is enabled on both drives, and even when i've tried ripping a DVD to my hard disk, playback is still jumpy. It is especially annoying as my friend who has a Celeron 450 & a Voodoo3 2000 gets perfect playback.

I'm using PowerDVD 3, although i've tried a host of other software and hardware acceleration is fully enabled in the options. I'm running Win98 with no other programs running in the background. Please help as I have run out of ideas!

A:Choppy DVD Playback, DMA Enabled

When I set up my computer I had choppy playback on DVDs myself. Even the DVD program that came with my Radeon didnt play well. But after I put WinDVD 2000 on, both of them worked fine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/choppy-dvd-playback-dma-enabled.58361/
Relevancy 63.21%

I've downloaded some HD videos and for a while they played like a gem. They were crisp and clear and played at a reasonable speed. Now all of a sudden they are choppy.. they'll play for about a second then it will freeze for half a second then play for another second etc. I haven't installed anything huge... and I have run regular checks for spyware nothing major. mfpmp takes up up to 70% of my resources, could that be it? I don't know... i think its a ram problem. I've also noticed an all together slow down of my computer... It may be spyware i don't know? It is my laptop and the specs are below.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/choppy-hd-video-playback.623948/
Relevancy 63.21%

it's a screen recording of a game and it plays just fine in a media player and windows live movie maker, but not in premier. when i first import the file it only shows the center of the srceen so i have to lift it. after doing so the videogame portion of the video is like watching a skipping dvd. i know it's not the file itself because it works in other programs. any ideas?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/premiere-5-choppy-avi-playback.940811/
Relevancy 63.21%

When trying to play any DVD-- playback SUCKS on an ACER Travelmate It appears frozen but is actually showing or frames per SECOND Details of actions taken so far are Here http www techsupportforum com f ay- html Here is the Hijak This log Quote Originally Posted by Hijack This Deckard's System Scanner v Run by Mom on - - at Computer is in Normal Mode -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- Choppy Hell! DVD playback System Restore -------------------------------------------------------------- Successfully created a Deckard's System Scanner Restore Point -- Last Restore Point s -- - - UTC - RP - Deckard's System Scanner Restore Point - - UTC - RP - Removed Acer eDataSecurity Management - - UTC Choppy DVD playback Hell! - RP - Software Distribution Service - - UTC - RP - System Checkpoint - - UTC - RP - Software Distribution Service -- First Restore Point -- - - UTC - RP - System Checkpoint Backed up registry hives Performed disk cleanup -- HijackThis run as Mom exe ------------------------------------------------- Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Symantec Client Security Symantec AntiVirus DefWatch exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM DWRCS EXE C Program Files Symantec Client Security Symantec AntiVirus Rtvscan exe C Program Files CyberLink Shared files RichVideo exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM DWRCST exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C Program Files Launch Manager LaunchAp exe C Program Files Launch Manager PowerKey exe C Program Files Launch Manager HotkeyApp exe C Program Files Launch Manager OSDCtrl exe C Program Files Launch Manager Wbutton exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C acer Empowering Technology ePower epm-dm exe C Acer Empowering Technology eRecovery Monitor exe C Acer Empowering Technology admtray exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Symantec Client Security Symantec AntiVirus vptray exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C Acer Empowering Technology admServ exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office msoffice exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Documents and Settings Mom Desktop dss exe C WINDOWS system taskmgr exe C PROGRA TRENDM HIJACK Mom exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink Link LinkId O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - HKLM Run Preload C Windows RUNXMLPL exe O - HKLM Run IMJPMIG quot C WINDOWS IME imjp IMJPMIG EXE quot Spoil RemAdvDef Migration O - HKLM Run MSPY C WINDOWS system IME PINTLGNT ImScInst exe SYNC O - HKLM Run PHIME ASync C WINDOWS system IME TINTLGNT TINTSETP EXE SYNC O - HKLM Run PHIME A C WINDOWS system IME TINTLGNT TINTSETP EXE IMEName O - HKLM Run SynTPLpr C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe O - ... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/choppy-dvd-playback-hell-170202.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Asus p wd Premium P Ghz ATI Radeon HD series Hanns-G LCD choppy playback video monitor JW D SB Audigy PCI GB RAM GB used in XP -bit software XP Pro SP with all updates DirectX c updated video sound and motherboard drivers updated audio codecs Combined Community Codec Pack Problem symptoms For several months or longer I've gotten choppy video playback I can't watch any videos on vimeo or youtube in HD or play any HD video files I recorded from my camera The video on choppy video playback my system plays sort of okay at first but with a hint of choppiness choppy video playback my laptop in contrast plays it perfectly and after several seconds it just gets really bad choppy video and crackly audio I notice the XP startup logo animation is choppy too even while still appearing Dxdiag shows no problems and plays the video tests smoothly Event viewer shows no problems So far I have tried - updated all drivers and codecs - ran disk cleanup defragged hard drives emptied browser caches - playing video from other hard drive - playing video with a USB sound card - disabled almost everything in msconfig - disabled all non essential services including antivirus and ATI control center - disabled video hardware acceleration in Display properties disabled write combining no effect so I turned them back on

A:choppy video playback

Different player? Try videolan?

Edit: tried the alternative (if you have it) vid output? Another cable ?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/choppy-video-playback-544445.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Hey guys, I just installed PowerDVD 10 on my computer to watch blu ray movies. at random parts during the movies it stutters and gets choppy where the audio continues but the video does not.

I am currently running...
ASUS M4A board
Quad 945 CPU
4GB kingston ddr2 800
OS is installed on a 500gb sata 7200RPM
with a GTX 260 graphics
windows 7 home premium 64bit installed
system installed in a well ventilated case (antec 900)

is there anything i can improve on, so that my blurays playback better. i was watching Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen when this happened and i check my control settings to see if any other programs were running in the background. nothing except the sufficient programs to run windows and PowerDVD 10.

any help on the matter is greatly appreciated

thanks in advance

A:BluRay playback is choppy

Is there any correlation between the stuttering and chop and bright action scenes (lots of movement, explosions, bright light)? Or does it happen in dark slow moving scenes as well?
If the former, its a simple bandwidth problem somewhere, something is not keeping up.

I'm not so sure about the quality of PowerDVD either. I've only tried playing back some DVDs but even there, the screen is speckled with little color block artifacts that pop up all over like its snowing color blocks. When I use VLCMedia player on the same DVD, playback is fine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bluray-playback-is-choppy.1004902/
Relevancy 62.78%

Howdy all I have an issue when viewing videos on Youtube and other similar sites The video will play for about seconds and freeze up for about a second then proceed to play for another seconds before freezing up again for a second This continues until the video ends Buffering or lag isn t the issue as I ll have the entire video load before I hit play Audio play is uninterrupted It s just the video that seems to stutter It s more of an annoyance really Any tips on how I can solve the problem This is what I ve noticed and tried This issue only occurs when viewing online videos Youtube on Choppy video playback I can run Choppy video playback on Youtube a video off Choppy video playback on Youtube of my hard disk through Windows Media Player without any stuttering or choppiness The problem occurs in both Firefox and IE browsers Realizing and led me to believe that I had a problem with my Flash Player I went to Adobe s website and updated Adobe Flash Still no change I tried updating my video card driver but no new upgrades I let Vista search online for an updated driver and it couldn t find anything newer than what I already have Radeon Xpress M I read somewhere that adjusting my video acceleration settings could fix the problem However Vista blocks users from adjusting these settings So I tried freeing up RAM by lowering Vista display settings I downgraded from the AERO view settings to Windows Basic Standard view settings Still no change although my computer has experienced quite a change in speed for the better So at least that s one positive out of this mess I closed all non-essential programs to avoid any extra work for my processor and or RAM Still no change I m sure there must be some way to fix this It just started a couple days ago I did notice a new program had been installed on my computer Not sure how it got there but the program is called Akamai Netsession Interface Is it possible that this is causing problems I tried researching this program and didn t really come up with anything except for its very vague homepage Sorry for the long post I just thought that too much info is probably better than too little Any assistance advice would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Choppy video playback on Youtube

Here are my CPU specs
NEC LaVie laptop
Vista SP2
Intel Celeron M 420 @1.60 GHz
RAM 1GB (I also have a ReadyBoost drive set at 3.5 GB)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/choppy-video-playback-on-youtube.989043/
Relevancy 62.78%

When I go to youtube and play a video, it plays fine until I put it on full screen and then it becomes choppy.

A:Choppy audio & video playback

Is Adobe Flash Player updated?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/choppy-audio-video-playback.203263/
Relevancy 62.78%

I m having problem with watching movies and tv shows on my computer It starts out working just fine and then it starts getting choppy The audio keeps playing in sync but the video starts and stops so bad you can t watch it I just started having this problem recently I used to be able to watch them with no problems I m Video Solved: Choppy Playback guessing it Solved: Choppy Video Playback s a performance issue by reading some of the other Solved: Choppy Video Playback posts I ve included all the logs requested I really appreciate any help you can give Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System Solved: Choppy Video Playback svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files CDBurnerXP NMSAccessU exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files AVG AVG avgnsx exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgtray exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files AVG AVG AVGIDSAgent exe C Documents and Settings Wendy Peek Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings Wendy Peek Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings Wendy Peek Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings Wendy Peek Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings Wendy Peek Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings Wendy Peek Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings Wendy Peek Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings Wendy Peek Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings Wendy Peek Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X lxccPSWX EXE C WINDOWS system lxcccoms exe C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X lxccjswx exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Documents and Settings Wendy Peek Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings Wendy Peek Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings Wendy Peek My Documents Downloads HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Peekaboo O - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - no file O - BHO Complitly - FB A - - F-BD - F EE A - C Documents and Settings Wendy Peek Application Data Complitly Complitly dll O - Toolbar no name - CCC A -B CA- -B A - F DD - no file O - HKLM Run AVG TRAY quot C Program Files AVG AVG avgtray exe quot O - HKLM Run ContentTransferWMDetector exe C Program Files Sony Content Transfer ContentTransferWMDetector exe O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Software Policies Microsoft Internet Explorer Control Panel present O - Extra context menu item amp Search - http edits myway com menusearch j - - BC -AA C-AA F ED EE... Read more

Relevancy 62.78%

I am having a big problem when trying to play audio/video files on my computer. It plays very choppy for a little while and if I don't pause or close it, it eventually freezes up the computer. I thought it was just videos on the internet but I just checked and even songs and videos downloaded onto my computer aren't working. Also when I start up Windows.. the little music clip that plays on startup is jumbled up too. I don't think memory is the problem because it was working fine 2 days ago and I don't remember downloading anything since. Please help!! Thanks

A:Choppy Video/ Audio Playback

List your specs of the computer, download http://www.lavalys.com/ if you need some help regarding that. Then post the results.
Also check your device manager [control panel>system>hardware>device manager] for any yellow alerts.
In the device manager, click view, then click show hidden devices

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/choppy-video-audio-playback-157316.html
Relevancy 62.78%

I recently moved my computer from college to my home and ever since I moved it when i am watching a video thru KM player or listening music thru Zune player at times the audio video becomes very choppy and laggy I updated my sound card and my video card drivers but it didnt help I am also connected wirelessly to my home network and for some reason my internet is exceptionally slow Many a times my internet would completely die even though my comp says i am connected I am not sure if the internet thing is at all related but it is also an issue Below i have included a report of my computer Thanks Audio/Video playback Choppy in advance for all your help Computer Computer Type ACPI x -based PC Operating System Microsoft Windows Ultimate N OS Service Pack - Internet Explorer DirectX DirectX Computer Name DR FLAVOR User Name Nikhil Logon Domain Dr Flavor Date Time - - Motherboard CPU Type QuadCore Intel Core i MHz x Motherboard Name Asus P T Deluxe V PCI PCI-E x PCI-E x DDR DIMM Audio Dual Gigabit LAN IEEE- Motherboard Choppy Audio/Video playback Chipset Intel Tylersburg X Intel Nehalem System Choppy Audio/Video playback Memory MB DDR - DDR SDRAM DIMM OCZ Gold XTC OCZ G LV Choppy Audio/Video playback G GB DDR - DDR SDRAM - - - MHz - - - MHz - - - MHz DIMM OCZ Gold XTC OCZ G LV G GB DDR - DDR SDRAM - - - MHz - - - MHz - - - MHz DIMM OCZ Gold XTC OCZ G LV G GB DDR - DDR SDRAM - - - MHz - - - MHz - - - MHz BIOS Type AMI Display Video Adapter ATI Radeon HD Series MB Video Adapter ATI Radeon HD Series MB D Accelerator ATI Radeon HD RV Monitor Asus VK H quot LCD LMTF Multimedia Audio Adapter Analog Devices AD B Intel JB ICH - High Definition Audio Controller Audio Adapter ATI Radeon HDMI ATI RV - High Definition Audio Controller Storage IDE Controller Intel reg ICH Family port Serial ATA Storage Controller - A IDE Controller Intel reg ICH Family port Serial ATA Storage Controller - A Storage Controller AAKPCEHF IDE Controller Storage Controller MagicISO SCSI Host Controller Storage Controller Marvell xx RAID Controller Floppy Drive Floppy disk drive Disk Drive SAMSUNG HD UJ ATA Device GB RPM SATA-II Disk Drive WD AAK External USB Device GB USB Optical Drive FAJOLIZ NS ABS M SCSI CdRom Device Optical Drive MagicISO Virtual DVD-ROM Optical Drive TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-S Q ATA Device DVD R x DVD-R x DVD RW x x DVD-RW x x DVD-RAM x DVD-ROM x CD x x x DVD RW DVD-RW DVD-RAM SMART Hard Disks Status OK Partitions C NTFS GB GB free F NTFS GB GB free Total Size GB GB free Input Keyboard HID Keyboard Device Keyboard HID Keyboard Device Mouse HID-compliant mouse Game Controller Microsoft PC-joystick driver Network Primary IP Address Primary MAC Address - E-E -E -E -B Network Adapter Linksys WMP N Wireless-N PCI Adapter with Dual-Band Network Adapter Marvell Yukon E PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller Network Adapter Marvell Yukon E PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller Peripherals Printer Brother HL- Printer Fax Printer Microsoft XPS Document Writer FireWire Controller VIA VT Fire II IEEE Host Controller PHY VIA VT USB Controller Intel JB ICH - USB Universal Host Controller USB Controller Intel JB ICH - USB Universal Host Controller USB Controller Intel JB ICH - USB Universal Host Controller USB Controller Intel JB ICH - USB Universal Host Controller USB Controller Intel JB ICH - USB Universal Host Controller USB Controller Intel JB ICH - USB Universal Host Controller USB Controller Intel JB ICH - USB Enhanced Host Controller USB Controller Intel JB ICH - USB Enhanced Host Controller USB Device ASUS USB Webcam USB Device Generic USB Hub USB Device USB Composite Device USB Device USB Composite Device USB Device USB Composite Device USB Device USB Input Device USB Device USB Input Device USB Device USB Input Device USB Device USB Input Device USB Device USB Input Device USB Device USB Mass Storage Device USB Device Xbox Controller for Windows USB Device Z Cin ma with TruSurround HD DMI DMI BIOS Vendor American Megatrends Inc DMI BIOS Version DMI System Manufactur... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/318415/choppy-audiovideo-playback/
Relevancy 62.78%

Hi. Have new Advent laptop, Intel Core 2, 1.83MHz, 1.9Gb RAM, running XP Pro. After setting up a dual boot with Vista, then removing it, my video playback in XP is slightly choppy, not terrible, but annoying. No stoppages, no other system probs. Tested w/ VLC, MPC and WMP. WMP to my suprise worked best, but still noticable. Shouldn't be a RAM problem, have plenty according to my RAM meter. No probs watching flash vids on browser. Drivers for vid and dvd current. Virus scanned clean with MBAM, SAS and Avira. I suspect a windows setting for buffer/cache/something.
Any suggestions?
mannshands

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/239587/choppy-video-playback-on-new-laptop/
Relevancy 62.78%

Hi again all, I have another minor problem. I got my DVD working but when I play a DVD the playback is very choppy, i've tried screwin with the settings in xine but nothing changes. The DVD will lag every 3-4 seconds with a 1 second skip , it seems to keep lagging when the disc light is on. strange. any input would be nice thnx

A:Choppy DVD playback on slack9 using xine

Check that your DMA is enabled on your DVD drive with hdparm /dev/dvd (or whatever the device is, might be /dev/cdrom or something). If it's not, you can enable it with hdparm -d1 /dev/dvd.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/choppy-dvd-playback-on-slack9-using-xine.7564/
Relevancy 62.78%

Problem description I just upgraded my video card to a Gigabyte Geforce Choppy video (intermittently) playback GTX from a much older card After doing so my video playback whether it s in VLC or YouTube is intermittently choppy low FPS at times for roughly - seconds then back to normal This usually occurs when I load something from a web browser or when I do some other task on my PC sometimes it does it when I am just watching a video and nothing else This is did not happen with my older card which is why it is Choppy video playback (intermittently) a bit baffling to me Gaming is fine as far as I know Attempted fixes Updated my graphics card installed essential windows codecs pack and checked to see if power Choppy video playback (intermittently) is connected to the card Google has nothing on the subject from my searches Recent changes None besides changing the video card -- Operating system Windows Ultimate -bit System specs CPU Intel Core i GHz Sandy Bridge nm Technology RAM GB Dual-Channel DDR MHz - - - Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer INC P Z DELUXE LGA Monitors Gatewat FHX L email protected Primary older Samsung SyncMaster email protected Video Card MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX Gigabyte Storage GB Samsung SSD EVO GB ATA Device SSD GB Hitachi HTS A E ATA Device SSD GB SSD SC GE DA B-T ATA Device SSD nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/choppy-video-playback-intermittently.1128920/
Relevancy 62.78%

it actually switches between 2 scenes very quickly about twice a sec. the current scene and the previous scene. In media player it plays fine but my remote doesn't work with this app. so that wont work either since i payed so much $ for vista ultimate 64 bit so i could have a nice media machine. if i don't get this fixed I'm gonna have sell my computer to save up and buy a Mac. my friend has one and has 0 problems and I'm jealous. lol

gigabyte GA-PA35-DS3L M.B.
core2duo E4600 [email protected]
4 GIG KINGSTON PC [email protected]
ATI RADON HD 3450
500GB HD

A:dvd playback choppy in media center

Have you changed any settings in Media Centre? Try re-clocking your cpu back to stock speed.

http://www.vistax64.com/software/244952-dvd-playback-choppy-media-center.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Hello playback and Media irregular choppy and thanks in advance for looking into my issue I will be as thorough as possible so you have all of the required information Please bear with me My Problem Media files No video tested yet just MP and Wav files are very choppy and every few seconds I hear that rrrrrrollling effect Very annoying I just built this PC and it's always done it Fragmentation is nt an issue I de-fragged and the HD has Media playback choppy and irregular been very recently formatted and had Windows Vista installed on it I have tried the usuall culprits print spooler network etc and in fact have even disabled the NIC for testing purposes There is no wireless and in fact the machine is off line now while I try to resolve this I have stopped every process Windows will allow turned off Anti Virus firewall all unnecessary services and no luck The process monitor is flatlined at this time physical memory is not an issue I changed out all gig ram DIMMs and tried them in various ram slots Now there are a few interesting things here One is that with all of these processes and services stopped the hard drive access light still flashes approximately every seconds coinciding with the drag in the media Now here's the important part This hard drive accessing only occurs when WMP is OPEN The process monitor is FLAT once I close everything but as soon as I open Windows Media Player the stutter begins Vista's new Resource monitor shows absolutely no movement on the Hard disk when I close WMP but as soon as I open it It goes nuts Dozens of areas on the HD are accessed at once from cookies to A-V program to the paging file Now I have closed it and The Process monitor is flat again and within about a minute the Resource monitor is perfectly quiet again too My main System Intel dual-core Processor E GHZ on an Asus P K M B Windows Vista Ultimate Gig Kingston Ram Seagate Gig HD rpm Seagate Gig HD rpm not currently installed Seagate Gig HD rpm Western Digital Gig HD rpm O S Drive LG x DVD RW SB Audigy ATI Radeon x Graphics Update I installed Winamp just to ensure the problem wasn't Windows Media Player its self Problem persists with no change Few Updates AVG is shut down save for one service that Vista will not let me stop I did disable Windows Aero with no success UPDATE AVG has now been removed altogether for troubleshooting purposes with no improvement I may have some additional information Not sure how pertinent but I want to be as thorough as possible as this is very frustrating The media files are not located on the O S drive The reason I think this may be important is the fact that this choppiness the hard drive continuous access happens ONLY while the media is being played Winamp OR WMP What I mean is see attachment when there is no media playing the processor is almost completely flatlined It is only when there is a media file being played that the problem occurs I am attaching images of A the Windows Task Manager CPU Usage history when no media is playing B when a media file is being played C The Services Tab D The Processes Running Once again I don't know if this is important but The HDD configuration in this machine is the Gig is Sata and the and the are both IDE The data media is stored on the but I have also tested moving a file to the OS drive the gig and playing it from there Thanks very much in advance I hope someone can help I just built this system a few months ago the components are good and aside from this problem the system seems to perform just fine Squish

Relevancy 62.78%

Hey guys For the last few months now I find that streaming videos online can be incredibly playback choppy. Flash is quite an irritating process I've been googling the issue for weeks and have not been able to find a goof fix for it Basically streaming flash videos online can be supper choppy for me and can cause my entire browser to lag up When streaming youtube videos it works fine most of the time unless of course I watch them in HD which is when it'll most likely start spazzing out on me and also when I stream videos off blip tv it's incredibly laggy as well I've never had this problem before and it only really started after I did a clean re-install of Vista a few months ago All my drivers are up to date and I've tried uninstalling and re-installing Adobe Flash multiple times Any sort of help would be greatly appreciated here are my PC specs if you need to know them Windows Vista Home Premium -Bit Service Pack Intel Flash playback is incredibly choppy. Core Duo T GHz GB RAM Graphics Card ATI Radeon HD Quicktime video also works flawlessly and my PC games run without a hitch Thanks again in advance -Paul

A:Flash playback is incredibly choppy.

Have you tried flash 10.1 beta? That should fix your problem, as its designed to use the GPU for HD content.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f131/flash-playback-is-incredibly-choppy-466053.html
Relevancy 62.78%

I have been trying to watch a video in VLC that is HD It is usage High choppy and CPU playback an mp file VLC plays it with perfect audio but the video is very choppy and VLC uses CPU CPU usage before is and it is only during video play that CPU spikes VLC can play most of my other movies like ISO files and such but has problems with this one I tried a few fixes with VLC but that didn t help I also reinstalled both display drivers Radeon X series but High CPU usage and choppy playback none of this did anything Just last week my computer was experiencing extremely high CPU usage by explorer exe but that has now gone And on startup the Windows start up sounds is VERY distorted but sound works fine any other time Not sure if either of these problems are related I also used CCleaner and degragmented My system is XP btw I am a computer noob but can learn quickly So sorry if I m unknowledgeable I was thinking maybe this is some kind of driver problem Let me know of any other information you need and thanks for any help Also I just tried it with quicktime and it wasn t choppy just really slow video and the video would skip to catch up to the audio Also used a ton of CPU So not just a VLC problem

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/319532/high-cpu-usage-and-choppy-playback/
Relevancy 62.78%

Hello there!

Don't know if anyone can shed some light on this problem but i give it ago.

Every time i stream video in FIREFOX or IE and view it in full screen the video and sound become very choppy and distort.

Its only recently happened when i installed my new 8800 GTX (I think!)

Anyway if anyone's had a similar problem be great to get some advice.

Here's my specs.

Windows 7 ultimate x64

Processor Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU E5400 @ 2.70GHz, 2700 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)

NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX

VIA High Definition Audio

ASUSTeK Computer INC. P5KPL-AM IN/GB

Samsung SyncMaster 226bw.

750W PSU

cheers!

A:Choppy playback on full streaming!

Update your video card drivers if you haven't already done so.
What's the brand and model of the 750W PSU?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/choppy-playback-on-full-streaming-570418.html
Relevancy 62.78%

The problem started a couple of weeks ago any video from any site including my Realplayer and iTunes libraries The playback can sometimes skip like a bad dvd or run slow so Playback Solved: Video Choppy slow the audio will seem out of sync or out right freeze By hitting the pause and then play again only gives a temporary Solved: Choppy Video Playback fix for a moment then kookyville all over again I ve tried the right clicking going to settings and unchecking to no avail Very tired not watching a full video without incidence Solved: Choppy Video Playback Any ideal what could be happening MIB Meninblack Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack bit Processor AMD Sempron tm Processor x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard First International Computer Inc K MC G Antivirus Kaspersky Anti-Virus Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled nbsp

Relevancy 62.78%

I received some Playback Choppy and Video Slow excellent help from Slow and Choppy Video Playback this board recently and I thought I d try to get some more with my latest problem before I waste a DVD I m trying to burn a collection of videos onto DVD R with Nero Vision Express After I create my menus and go to the screen where I can see what the finished product will look like the video playback is slow choppy and out of sync with the music It s even worse when I maximize the video to fullscreen The strange thing is when I play the videos in Nero Showtime Outside of Vision Express everything is perfect The files that give me trouble are all quot Windows Media Movie quot files Videos labeled quot NeroMediaPlayer media files quot are absolutely fine So I was just wondering if this slow playback will only occur in the Vision Express previews or if it will be like that on the final DVD R when being played in a DVD player Thanks in advance for any input nbsp

A:Slow and Choppy Video Playback

Can you use a tool to create a virtual drive, mount it and test it there?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-and-choppy-video-playback.389029/
Relevancy 62.78%

Hi everyone, I've just joned the TSG.

I have a very choppy DVD playback on my desktop. It used to work fine earlier. wonder whats gone wrong.

This is a problem on all the players.

I have activated DMA mode for the IDE channels, but no change in the performance.

system info

AMD x2 5200
780G gigabyte chipset board
2gb ram
ATI HD3450 graphics card
samsung DVD RW
320GB hdd

Hope someone can help me with this.

Relevancy 62.78%

I recently installed DFX Audio Enhancer 9 for Windows Media Player on my laptop. It works properly, but there is a gap during playback. The gap usually occurs every 5 seconds or so.

Now, the software's tech support page says that either turning off the Ambience function or increasing the player's buffer size should solve the problem. I tried them both separately, and together as well, but it didn't eliminate the choppiness.

I suspect that my RAM is too less, but it might be something else too.

Any opinions on this?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/choppy-playback-in-wmp-while-using-dfx-audio-enhancer.862883/
Relevancy 62.78%

Dear Forum Members I have a month old Acer Aspire notebook Suddenly about Choppy On Media Computer New Playback two to Choppy Media Playback On New Computer three weeks ago between Christmas and New Year s my computer began to freeze a few seconds or minutes into playing any type of media file Now when I say freeze what I mean is that the video becomes choppy the computer drops frames or displays the same frame for a number of seconds or the video just SLOWS down Sometimes the audio is also choppy this primarily occurs while using flvplayer to play videos downloaded from Youtube or Dailymotion using the VideoDownloader extension for Firefox When I first began to download videos in this manner in early November everything was fine But then suddenly I started having this problem and it seemed to get worse and worse The Youtube Dailymotion problem occurs whether I use Firefox Internet Explorer or Opera When on Youtube both the video and audio cuts out and is choppy but while on Dailymotion only the video is choppy the audio plays fine I then did a system restore on the th to a date before the problem occurred I believe it was December th or th That helped the problem a little bit but did not completely remedy it Before a - minute Youtube video would have the problem in question about - times After the system restore the problem occurred only - times But since it still did not go away completely I decided to do an Acer Factory Restore That is the stage that I am at now I have not messed with settings done any updates or installed much software at all only OpenOffice Firefox Adobe Flash Player ACA Screen Recorder flvplayer and Belarc Advisor THE PROBLEM HAS PERSISTED nonetheless No matter what media player I use these problems persist I experience problems even when playing MP and WMA files on Windows Media Player The audio plays fine but the visualizations are slow and choppy I don t know what is the cause and what is the result but EVERY time this problem occurs the CPU usage goes to or However the process that goes the highest is the media player or the browser I am using to play the media And because I have done a virus scan and spyware scan I am sure that it is not malware The problem seems to happen at random times and random intervals So in all I have also did the following I tested my Internet connection at DSLReports and it is kbps so that must not be the problem I am sure that that is fast enough Also I am sure that I have enough RAM gig should be plenty to play small media files I did a McAfee virus scan and Windows Defender spyware scan before I did the system restore and both scans came up with nothing I have also checked the processes running in the background and none appear to be malicious The video codecs appear to be working properly and I appear to have all of the necessary ones to play the files that I attempt to play The video driver should not be the source of the problem because I updated the driver before the problem occurred and now the driver is an older driver that came with the computer yet the problem persists The hard drive should not be the source of the problem either because it persists even when playing media files from a AC DC powered external USB hard drive I know that the next recommendation is probably a CLEAN re-install and not just a FACTORY RESTORE but I don t have an install CD and don t want to take the time to do an install if I don t ABSOLUTELY have to I am extremely frustrated and would really appreciate your help Thank you in advance C MeglioDisgruntled Computer Useremail meglioc AT wscc DOT comComputer Stats Basic Info Acer Aspire notebook mb RAM shared video RAM AMD Mobile Sempron mhz kb cache ATI Radeon Xpress IGP GB HDD Intenal GB ExternalMATSHUbleepA DVD-RAM UJ- SPicture of Problem here http forum videohelp com images guides p problem bmp

A:Choppy Media Playback On New Computer

It may be a problem with your RAM. Even though your computer is relatively new these things still happen. Try testing your RAM with this tool to see if it is okay.I'm assuming that your HD isn't full and that you've defragged it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/78101/choppy-media-playback-on-new-computer/
Relevancy 62.78%

Hi everyone nbsp Sure hope someone here may be able to help me nbsp I recently received a pre-used laptop from webcam playback video on choppy my son-in-law The laptop is a HP Pavilion g with Windows I'm not certain if it is bit or bit nor really even sure what bit means nbsp However when I press the start button it does show Internet Explorer bit as one of the options so perhaps that alone answers that question nbsp I don't use IE for surfing though I usually use Google webcam video choppy on playback Chrome if that makes any difference nbsp nbsp Anyway on to my question nbsp I often like to goof around singing karaoke on a karaoke site This site has its own recording set-up that records both audio and video nbsp All seems fine and dandy while I'm recording on the website's recording page sound is good and video appears sharp and webcam video choppy on playback clear I can see myself on screen goofing around in front of camera as I film The problem seems to be moreso related to what happens AFTER I am done recording nbsp When I go to watch video I've recorded the playback version watched directly through the karaoke site is always very pixelated choppy blurry nbsp I could be wrong but I am wondering if this may have to do with maybe my webcam CyberLink YouCam settings themselves nbsp Is it possible I need to re-adjust those to be more-fitting to the karaoke sites own personal settings or something and if so how do I know what settings to choose to get the correct fit nbsp Any help suggestions on how to go about getting good clear video would be greatly appreciated nbsp nbsp Thanks so much nbsp nbsp nbsp If you need anymore info from me that may help you answer my question please don't hesitate to let me know and I'll get back to you asap

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/webcam-video-choppy-on-playback/td-p/5628951
Relevancy 62.78%

I am running a Windows 7 x64 machine with an Asus motherboard, AMD FX-8350 Eight-core processor, Radeon HD6450 graphics card, 11 GB ram with two monitors. The problem is audio & video are constantly starting & stopping (very choppy). I have updated my os, flash, java and shockwave. All my browsers are up to date. It doesn't matter if I try to play something in a browser or something I have on my computer using windows media player or vlc... everything is choppy. It is constant & is driving me to drink... Any help and/or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

A:Audio & Video choppy during playback

Once check your laptop or desktop chipset drivers are working fine or not, its effects the other related devices functioning. update or install the latest chipset drivers and video and audio drivers which are compatible with your system.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/audio-video-choppy-during-playback.207417/
Relevancy 61.92%

I'm having trouble playing Blu-rays on my tv through my HP laptop. The picture is choppy and sound doesn't work. I have my laptop connected through HDMI and the picture is fine, its just Blu-rays that don't work.
Do I need to change the refresh rate on my computer?
My tv is an LG plasma 42PG20-UA and Windows7 on my comp.

Thanks for your help,

A:Blu-ray playback choppy, sound doesn't work

"Do I need to change the refresh rate on my computer?"...

I would say yes. Adjust the setting up a little from 60 Hz

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/blu-ray-playback-choppy-sound-doesnt-work.148430/
Relevancy 61.92%

For several months now I ve been trying to get to the bottom of a problem Echo/Reverb Slow/Choppy DVD Playback with I have with DVD playback from movies legally purchased DVD s It seems to be a little slow and the audio has a lot of reverb and echo and it crackles a lot The light on the DVD drive goes on and off every of a second and when the light is on that s when it stutters and I hear the reverb and crackles First my specs WindowsXP SP Intel Ghz dual core GB Ram Radeon HD GB SB Audigy Motherboard Eveshamvale X AA FAB A few weeks after the problem first came up my HDD died and I bought a new one and installed XP sp on it then I discovered the problem still persisted I bought a new DVD writer and installed that but the problem was still there I even replaced the IDE cable thinking it was broken but it still had problems I ve followed and tried numerous fixes on various forums and help groups all to no avail Editing the registry upper and lower filters removing the drive from the OS DVD Playback Slow/Choppy with Echo/Reverb and rebooting removing the IDE controllers and rebooting checking for DMA is set to Ultra DMA Mode jumper pins on the drive different codec packs different media The GFX card is only recently been added in place of an Nvidia card and works perfectly so that can not be the problem I switched the power cables around thinking it was a power problem but no Removed the sound card and used the onboard sound still nothing changed I downloaded a program called SIW to check over my computer information for faults errors but it didn t reveal anything useful So all I m left with is maybe a problem with the motherboard or maybe an incorrect setting in the BIOS but this is where my knowledge is very limited and I have no clue what to check for next If anyone has experienced this before I d love to hear from you as it s driving me crazy or if there s any more info you need I d be only too happy to provide it Thanks in advance nbsp

A:DVD Playback Slow/Choppy with Echo/Reverb

start task manager when playing and see if cpu usage is high?
not likely but: try playing dvds with a different media player? might want to try VLC

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-playback-slow-choppy-with-echo-reverb.891919/
Relevancy 61.92%

whenever I play high quality/ high resolution divx avi/mpeg files, the playback is choppy, skipping every 1/3 second, and the audio is choppy too, I ahve made many changes to my hardware set up, I am running windows 98 on an IBM AMD-k62 300Mhz procesoor, NvIDIA 16MB graphics card. 64MB RAM, they used to work, so I know my hardware can handle them, but now they Don't!

A:choppy .avi (divx /dvd rip) playback in media player 7

Have you upgraded windows media player lately? When I upgraded mine I noticed video getting choppy. Windows Media Player is a mega memory hog!
Hamill

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/choppy-avi-divx-dvd-rip-playback-in-media-player-7.48273/
Relevancy 61.92%

For the last month or so online video has been choppy In troubleshooting the problem I ve found that another computer on the same network doesn t have this Choppy playback video streaming within browser. problem so not the network or internet connection Neither is the problem about buffering since it ll still be choppy after the entire video has loaded As well I can download and save a choppy video and play it back on VLC or even open and play it from within Firefox and it works fine The problem is only when streaming videos from a website all websites whether in Firefox Chrome or IE I ve tried Choppy streaming video playback within browser. updating the Flash Player DirectX and video card driver I ve tried turning on off hardware acceleration in Flash Firefox and Display within Control Panel I ve tried disabling my virus protection and firewall I ve tried locating and disabling startup programs and services associated with none running software programs Nothing works Does anyone have any ideas I could try to fix this Windows XP Pro with Service Pack

A:Choppy streaming video playback within browser.

Is this happening at Youtube or elsewhere? Is it just happening at one site or several sites? Link please so I can look at it myself. How much RAM do you have? Be aware that random buffering and choppiness on streaming video sites can be normal even if it doesn't seem normal. One solution is to pause the video and allow it to load completely before playing it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/433975/choppy-streaming-video-playback-within-browser/
Relevancy 61.92%

Since I bought a new camera (Fujifilm Finepix F500EXR) I have found that once I've downloaded videos taken with this camera to my PC (Windows XP), the playback on Quicktime (no other option) is in choppy slow-motion. But the audio on the video is as clear as a bell. Any advice on how I can ensure any videos from this camera playback smoothly on my PC would be greatly appreciated.

A:Camera video playback is choppy using Quicktime on PC

You'd probably have better success with using Windows Media Player 11 in conjunction with K-Lite Codec Pack 7.2.0 Full for watching video clips and DVD movies.

During the install process of the codec pack, select "Default(Without Player)", then select "Windows Media Player", then allow all video codecs and audio codecs to be installed.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Are you "Computer Specifications" up-to-date?

(Dell computer, 3.0 GHz processor, 1024 MB RAM, ATI graphics)

------------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/camera-video-playback-is-choppy-using-quicktime-on-pc.1002741/
Relevancy 61.92%

When I download a high-definition video, like say a movie trailer in 1080p or even 720p and play it back through Quicktime, or an HD mpeg and play through media player, I get horrendous preformance. The video is choppy like you're trying to play a video game on max settings on a low end machine. However a friend of mine, with similar specs on his computer, plays them without a hitch.

I have the following

Windows Vista Ultimate
AthlonXP 3000+ CPU
nForce2 motherboard
ATI Radeon x850XT Plat. Edition
1.5 GB pc3200 DDR RAM
22" Gateway Widescreen LCD

It's kind of an old rig, but ... c'mon, I don't understand at all.

A:High-Definition video playback is choppy

The first thing that i would be thinking is that it may be the drivers what drivers are you using?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/high-definition-video-playback-is-choppy-162901.html
Relevancy 61.92%

When I am playing music in the media player, at first the sound is fine, but after awhile it begins to become choppy. And sometimes when streaming on the internet, the same thing happens but right away. It is not the speakers because the sound will start then stop, over and over. It is not the internet because this happens in media player which does not require the internet to run. I've updated and troubleshooted and nothing seems to help. I have an HP DV 9000, 64 bit, Windows 7 operating system.

A:Choppy Playback From Windows Media Player

First, make sure you are using the HP provided sound driver and not the generic Windows installed "HD Audio Codec". In most cases the vendor, (in this case HP) provided sound driver is needed for proper operation.

Second, does this happen if the Windows Media Player is the only program you have open?

Finally, because Audio is considered a low priority item in Windows it is on a shared IRQ (Interrupt) with some higher priority device, that can cause sound interruptions. Uninstalling the sound in the Device Manager (but not the driver) and then restarting the PC will sometimes put the sound on a different shared IRQ and help to minimize interruptions.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/220676-choppy-playback-windows-media-player.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all your help the last time, it was much appreciated. Now I'm back with another problem and I hope you can help me.

I've noticed for the last couple of weeks that when I listen to audio or video (YouTube, Amazon Cloud, Windows Media Player, etc.) that the sound/video is slow, choppy and popping. I'm not really sure what caused this because it was working just fine. Internet browsing works just fine, pages load good...even with a few tabs open. An ideas on how I can fix this?

A:Audio and vIdeo playback is choppy & slow

What antivirus/antimalware software to you have installed? What are your computer specs?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/audio-and-video-playback-is-choppy-slow.188813/
Relevancy 61.92%

Hello all,

I keep having this annoying issue with my HP dv8000 and the Conexant sound card.
Sounds start delaying while moving mouse or scrolling in IE, although the OS spins perfectly in general. There were a couple of soutions proposed for the earlier Builds and yet nothing worked out.
Since I should'nt be the only one with the particular hardware - please respond if there are any actual solutions that maybe worked out for any of you

Thanks! Hope to gain some thoughts on this

(Win7RC,32bit)

A:Distorted/choppy playback with Conexant AC97

I'm sorry that I don't have a solution for you, but I am having the EXACT same problem. The only difference is that I am running the 64-bit version of the Win7RC.

Please, somebody help us out!

Thank you!

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/8997-distorted-choppy-playback-conexant-ac97.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Help with choppy video playback (non-web) high CPU usage. I have AMD sempron 1.8 Ghz, Windows Vista Ultimate 32-bit SP-2, 4Gig Ram, NVIDIA GeForce 512MB graphics card. When I play video files both MP4 and MOV files, the video is choppy and CPU skyrockets to 100%. I have updated all drivers and even cleaned all the dust in the computer and I even stopped the startup programs and services that are not needed. So far I have only found out about people (on searches) having similar problems but they are all web based videos. My problems are with videos already on my computer. Does anyone have the real fix? Thanks in advance.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/help-with-choppy-video-playback-non-web-high-cpu-usage-657343.html
Relevancy 61.92%

I have a Sony PCG-F It has an AMD K MHz processor with mb of ram I know this is old believe me every time I try to do something I am reminded of just how old it is The question I have is I just don t understand why the video is choppy It seems like it does it no matter what type of format size quality etc It runs windows xp amazingly fine I am sure I have the most recent and correct drivers for all the hardware I have also tried other media players such as media player classic quicktime windows MP amongst others The result is always choppy The sound is fine but it seems like I loose about of the video frames I got this laptop to watch movies on the couch playback choppy on laptop older Video or while on the treadmill and it serves Video playback choppy on older laptop me no real use if I can t watch videos Here s the kicker Sony included a DVD ROM with this machine If I put a DVD in the player it is as choppy as a video file What do I need to upgrade to make this dinosaur fit my needs I remember being able to watch music videos on my old pentium computer years and years ago what s the deal here nbsp

Relevancy 61.92%

Suddenly my computer is very slow and my audio and video playback is very slow This is my hijackthis log don t know if this will help Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer choppy playback audio and video slow and v Boot mode Normal audio and video playback choppy and slow Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgchsvx exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe audio and video playback choppy and slow C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe audio and video playback choppy and slow C WINDOWS system dlcxcoms exe C Program Files Common Files InterVideo RegMgr iviRegMgr exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files AVG AVG Identity Protection Agent Bin AVGIDSAgent exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exe C PROGRA LAUNCH QtZgAcer EXE C Acer Empowering Technology eRecovery eRAgent exe C Program Files PowerISO PWRISOVM EXE C Program Files AVG AVG avgnsx exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe C Program Files Winamp winampa exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Dell Photo AIO Printer dlcxmon exe C Program Files Dell Photo AIO Printer memcard exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system igfxext exe C Program Files Skype Phone Skype exe C Program Files InterVideo Common Bin WinCinemaMgr exe C Program Files AVG AVG Identity Protection agent bin avgidsmonitor exe C DOCUME Laura LOCALS Temp RtkBtMnt exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exe C Program Files Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google ca ig hl en R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dll O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveShellExtensions dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll O - Toolbar no name - BF - F - - - FE E AA - no file O - Toolbar Google Toolbar - C B - - d - B - A CD F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolb... Read more

A:audio and video playback choppy and slow

Hello and Welcome to the forums!My name is Gringo and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems.Somethings to remember while we are working together.Do not run any other tool untill instructed to do so!Please Do not Attach logs or put in code boxes.Tell me about any problems that have occurred during the fix.Tell me of any other symptoms you may be having as these can help also.Do not run anything while running a fix.We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.Click on the Watch Topic Button and select Immediate Notification and click on proceed, this will help you to get notified faster when I have replied and make the cleaning process faster.In order for me to see the status of the infection I will need a new set of logs to start with.Please print out or make a copy in notpad of any instructions given, as sometimes it is necessary to go offline and you will lose access to them.DeFogger:Please download DeFogger to your desktop.

Double click DeFogger to run the tool.
The application window will appear Click the Disable button to disable your CD Emulation drivers Click Yes to continue A 'Finished!' message will appear Click OKDeFogger may ask you to reboot the machine, if it does - click OKDo not re-enable these drivers until otherwise instructed.Download DDS:Please download DDS by sUBs from one of the links below and save it to your desktop:
Download DDS and save it to your desktop

Link1
Link2
Link3

Please disable any anti-malware program that will block scripts from running before running DDS.

Double-Click on dds.scr and a command window will appear. This is normal.Shortly after two logs will appear:
DDS.txt Attach.txtA window will open instructing you save & post the logsSave the logs to a convenient place such as your desktopCopy the contents of both logs & post in your next replyScan With RKUnHookerPlease Download Rootkit Unhooker Save it to your desktop.Now double-click on RKUnhookerLE.exe to run it.Click the Report tab, then click Scan.Check (Tick) Drivers, Stealth,. Uncheck the rest. then Click OK.Wait till the scanner has finished and then click File, Save Report.Save the report somewhere where you can find it. Click Close.Copy the entire contents of the report and paste it in a reply here.Note** you may get this warning it is ok, just ignore"Rootkit Unhooker has detected a parasite inside itself!It is recommended to remove parasite, okay?""just click on Cancel, then Accept".information and logs:In your next post I need the following

.logs from DDSlog from RKUnHookerlet me know of any problems you may have hadGringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/430616/audio-and-video-playback-choppy-and-slow/
Relevancy 61.92%

Lately the dvd playback on my laptop has been very choppy to Choppy problems possibly due codec DVD Playback, I believe it may be caused by a codec problem I tried installing K-lite but that has not seemed to help so far I'll paste a list of my codecs that I got from Sherlock I'm not sure what to do any help would be greatly appreciated Codec Reporting Utility Output Text ----------------------------------- Date and Time -Apr- System Information ------------------ Operating System Microsoft R Windows XP Professional CPU Descriptor Intel R Celeron R M processor GHz CPU Clock Speed Mhz Total Memory Mb DirectX Version c WMI Version ACM Version Video Codecs ------------ AVI Decompressor FileVersion CompanyName Microsoft Corporation FileDescription DirectShow Runtime InternalName Quartz dll LegalCopyright Copyright C - Microsoft Corp OriginalFileName Quartz dll ProductName ProductVersion AVI Draw FileVersion CompanyName Microsoft Corporation FileDescription DirectShow Choppy DVD Playback, possibly due to codec problems Runtime InternalName Quartz dll LegalCopyright Copyright C - Microsoft Corp OriginalFileName Quartz dll ProductName ProductVersion Cinepak Codec by Radius FileVersion Choppy DVD Playback, possibly due to codec problems CompanyName Radius Inc FileDescription Cinepak Codec InternalName iccvid Choppy DVD Playback, possibly due to codec problems LegalCopyright Copyright - Radius Inc All Rights Reserved OriginalFileName iccvid drv ProductName Cinepak for Windows ProductVersion DirectVobSub auto-loading version FileVersion CompanyName Gabest FileDescription VobSub amp TextSub filter for DirectShow VirtualDub Avisynth InternalName VSFilter LegalCopyright Copyright C - Gabest OriginalFileName VSFilter DLL ProductName VSFilter ProductVersion DV Splitter FileVersion CompanyName Microsoft Corporation FileDescription DirectShow Runtime InternalName Qdv dll LegalCopyright Copyright C - Microsoft Corp OriginalFileName Qdv dll ProductName ProductVersion DV Video Decoder FileVersion CompanyName Microsoft Corporation FileDescription DirectShow Runtime InternalName Qdv dll LegalCopyright Copyright C - Microsoft Corp OriginalFileName Qdv dll ProductName ProductVersion DV Video Encoder FileVersion CompanyName Microsoft Corporation FileDescription DirectShow Runtime InternalName Qdv dll LegalCopyright Copyright C - Microsoft Corp OriginalFileName Qdv dll ProductName ProductVersion ffdshow Video Decoder FileVersion CompanyName FileDescription DirectShow and VFW video and audio decoding encoding processing filter InternalName ffdshow LegalCopyright Copyright - Milan utka OriginalFileName ffdshow ax ProductName ffdshow ProductVersion ffdshow video encoder FileVersion CompanyName FileDescription DirectShow and VFW video and audio decoding encoding processing filter InternalName ffdshow LegalCopyright Copyright - Milan utka OriginalFileName ffdshow ax ProductName ffdshow ProductVersion Indeo video Decompression Filter FileVersion CompanyName Intel Corporation FileDescription Intel Indeo Video InternalName ir ax LegalCopyright Copyright Intel Corporation - OriginalFileName ir ax ProductName Intel Indeo Video ProductVersion Indeo video FileVersion R CompanyName Intel Corporation FileDescription Intel Indeo video InternalName ir dll LegalCopyright Copyright - Intel Corp OriginalFileName ir dll ProductName Intel Indeo video ProductVersion R Indeo video Compression Filter FileVersion R CompanyName Intel Corporation FileDescription Intel Indeo video InternalName ir dll LegalCopyright Copyright - Intel Corp OriginalFileName ir dll ProductName Intel Indeo video ProductVersion R Indeo video Decompression Filter FileVersion R CompanyName Intel Corporation FileDescription Intel Indeo video InternalName ir dll LegalCopyright Copyright - Intel Corp OriginalFileName ir dll ProductName Intel Indeo video ProductVersion R Intel Video V FileVersion CompanyName Microsoft Corporation FileDescription Microsoft H ICM Driver InternalName msh LegalCopyright Copyrigh... Read more

A:Choppy DVD Playback, possibly due to codec problems

try uninstalling K-lite and installing This.

Tell me the outcome...

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/choppy-dvd-playback-possibly-due-to-codec-problems-152841.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Does anyone know if there is an issue with NVIDIA s series graphics cards and WMV-HD video playback I am having a problem where no matter what I do update drivers re-install the card whatever WMV-HD content still plays back rather choppy It wouldn 7600 choppy WMVHD playback - NVIDIA t confuse me so much except for my computers got a gig processor NVIDIA 7600 - WMVHD choppy playback gigs of RAM and this mb video card My laptop has only a processor of RAM and crappy onboard video and plays WMV-HD files JUST FINE Holy crap is there something I just am missing entirely The box this card comes in even specifies how GREAT this thing is for WMV-HD video I know this is an issue a few others have because googling the problem has lead me to other forums where people have posted this same issue with the or similar series and WMVHD files yet there has been no answers to their posts Please let me know if anybody knows anything about this Thanks so much guys YOU ROCK ------------------------------------------------------------------------- added also I should note that this particular card is an XFX GT AGP Dual DVI card specifically in case that helps nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nvidia-7600-wmvhd-choppy-playback.705183/
Relevancy 61.92%

hello,

so first of all here are my computer specs:

640GB HDD
EVGA 9800GT 1GB
24" 1080P monitor
Intel Q6600 @ 2.8 ghz
EVGA 750 SLI FTW
4 GB of Ram

my problem is that when i try to view 1080p videos on youtube, they are VERY choppy, i doubt it is my computer's specs so i tried uninstalling and then reinstalling the video drivers. that didnt work. I get Choppy videos on youtube and i get them on 1080P movies from my HDD.

anyone know what the problem might be?

i will GREATLY appreciate it
thanks,

A:1080P HD Playback is choppy and Skipping Frames

I would try lowering the clock on the Q6600, and can you provide the OS that you are using as well as the motherboard.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/359750/1080p-hd-playback-is-choppy-and-skipping-frames/
Relevancy 61.49%

I recently got a HP slimline with a DVD-RW Rom w/Lightscribe worked great now the video and sound playback is choppy not only on DVD playback but on CD playback aswell it seems to work fine for loading and recording files though

I have a HP Pavilion Slimline s7520n
AMD Turion 64 Mobile Tech ML-34
787 MHz, 960 MB of RAM
running
Win XP Media Center Edition 2002 SP2

A:DVD playback sound and video choppy moved from other h/ware

How many programs do you have running in the background? What program are you using to view the movies with?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/dvd-playback-sound-and-video-choppy-moved-from-other-h-ware-133360.html
Relevancy 61.49%

I know this has probably been asked here several times but I have been looking through the web for to Video Streaming CPU Playback, Choppy older blame? all sorts of little tips and tricks and none of Streaming Video Choppy Playback, older CPU to blame? them so far have worked Any hulu youtube etc Streaming Video Choppy Playback, older CPU to blame? streaming content type videos even Streaming Video Choppy Playback, older CPU to blame? on the lowest hd setting p for ex just ends up being choppy worst in full screen Here are my specs AMD Athlon XP CPU gig of Ram PNY GeForce FX mb PCI Graphics card Windows XP Home Ed w SP gb HD I am aware that this is definitely an older computer with an older processor and if anything it s probably the cpu that is preventing me from having normal playback with streaming content I had a laptop with a Core Duo processor that worked fine with this type of video but I fried it so I am stuck with this for now Haven t used this PC in a few years so now I am noticing it s limitations as far as this stuff goes If anyone has had any luck with an older machine getting relatively normal playback with these streams please let me know I have tried reducing hardware acceleration drivers are fully updated for graphics card hard drive is formatted so no viri are causing this reinstalling flash changing settings on monitor and playback is the same Any suggestions or help would be appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 61.49%

Hi all
I am trying to watch DVD's on my system, and the video is very choppy. I have a PIII 550Mhz processor with 256k memory. I figure the computer is busy with background processes. Which processes in the task manager are necessary? What processes are bare-bones? If I disable a bunch of them, I hope to make the DVD's run smoothly.
Thanks for any help!!

A:DVD playback choppy, which processes can I remove from Task Manager?

Why not try them and see?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/dvd-playback-choppy-which-processes-can-i-remove-from-task-manager-4492.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Hello I have a hp Pavillion dm laptop and have Dual booted with Windows and Fedora This problem occurs when I am using Windows I have noticed that whenever I say a video in Vlc Player or in YouTube and then without pausing load a Vlc choppy, lagging? video YouTube system playback web page or browse Vlc YouTube video playback choppy, system lagging? the Internet the video starts stuttering or becoming choppy Sometimes it gets so worse that I hear a Vlc YouTube video playback choppy, system lagging? ggrr ggrr Sound and only after the web page finishes loading the video playback becomes normal I am not able to understand why should this happen Does this mean that the system is lagging But how can the simple actions of browsing the web causes a OS to lag I have GB RAM and I am not running any high RAM process like a game or something like that just browsing the web so the situation of lag in the OS is something I can't understand Does it mean I have to reinstall Windows Is there a better alternative than this

A:Vlc YouTube video playback choppy, system lagging?

The sound you describe is most likely the HDD performing read/write operations, I'm all too familiar with that sound because I do a lot of zero-writing drives, but the noise is often not that loud unless you listen really close and hard. That noise getting more noticeable is reason to worry because your HDD may be failing. I have multi-tasked on systems with half the specs of that laptop without such an issue and for your case it would really take lots of loaded tabs to stretch system resources to such extents, so I strongly believe it's the HDD, either's its failing or is under unusually heavy load.

Try playing video from external storage media, say an external HDD or thumb drive and see if this occurs. Also try playing using Windows Media player or any other player you have installed and see if that happens with them too.

Take a look at Resource Monitor and see if anything else except the open browser and VLC is doing lots of read/write operations on the drive.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vlc-youtube-video-playback-choppy-system-lagging-819938.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Hey,

I have a problem. The video playback in browser, every browser, using Flash plugin [e.g. YouTube, Dailymotion, etc.] plays smoothly but freezes for a second or two every once in a while. This happens during full screen playback as well as windowed one.

I also have a problem getting smooth playback using windowed mode of SubEdit player [I translate stuff so need this player feature, can't replace it for Media Player Classic], even though full screen playback is just fine. Same clips playback perfectly in MPC, VLC and other players. I guess the problem is somehow connected with the player, although my colleagues didn't experience this problem, neither did they experience choppy Flash playback.

Any ideas? I'm using 190.38_desktop_win7_winvista_64bit_english_whql as drivers.

A:Choppy video playback [mainly in browser Flash player]

Quote: Originally Posted by Mastah Jay

Hey,

I have a problem. The video playback in browser, every browser, using Flash plugin [e.g. YouTube, Dailymotion, etc.] plays smoothly but freezes for a second or two every once in a while. This happens during full screen playback as well as windowed one.

I also have a problem getting smooth playback using windowed mode of SubEdit player [I translate stuff so need this player feature, can't replace it for Media Player Classic], even though full screen playback is just fine. Same clips playback perfectly in MPC, VLC and other players. I guess the problem is somehow connected with the player, although my colleagues didn't experience this problem, neither did they experience choppy Flash playback.

Any ideas? I'm using 190.38_desktop_win7_winvista_64bit_english_whql as drivers.

Mastah

Hi and welcome to seven forums

could you open task manager and watch the performance tab while pplaying back something. Let us know what is using the memory and how much ram, and cpu is being used

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/21639-choppy-video-playback-mainly-browser-flash-player.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi,
I have this strange problem. If I join a homegroup on my windows 8.1 PC (with my wife and daughter's W7 laptops), whenever I send a video file to play on my LG smart TV (via Plex or DLNA), the playback is choppy with frequent jumps in the image. When I leave the homegroup streaming is perfect. I have replicated the problem a number of times to confirm this e.g. start a playback while in the homegroup = choppy playback, leaving the homegroup = immediate perfect playback.

Any ideas what is causing this problem and suggestions for ways around this?

Thanks.

A:Homegroup causing choppy playback when streaming to smart

It depends on if you are using Wifi or a wired connection. Most people doing streaming are using a dedicated NAS with a wired Ethernet connection, along with a Wireless-n or Wireless-ac router.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/59976-homegroup-causing-choppy-playback-when-streaming-smart.html
Relevancy 61.49%

My dell 4500s has choppy streaming video playback and dropped audio
in full screen mode when playing video from fox.com or hulu.com
When I play in the small window mode the playback is fine so I tried lowering my screen resolution from 1680x1050 to 800x600 then played
video in full screen mode with no problem other then incorrect aspect ratio.

I believe I have most of the latest dell drivers installed and did a speed test
2480 kb/s way faster than recommended by fox

My native res. is 1680x1050 for Samsung sm 2232bw .

A:Choppy streaming video playback and dropped audio

Do you have the latest version of Flash? Does it work with Youtube?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/178965/choppy-streaming-video-playback-and-dropped-audio/
Relevancy 61.49%

Hello there I will try to provide as many details as I playback choppy Dell 1764 has Inspiron video can My Dell Inspiron laptop has been struggling to play online videos without reloading timing out completely or just freezing up in general in regards to video playback I tried clearing the cache defragging updating adobe flash player and raising the buffer limit on Firefox I went to check for a graphics card driver update but can t seem to find one that will install properly I went to Start - gt dxdiag and checked the last update Dell Inspiron 1764 has choppy video playback date for the driver which was listed in October likely the original date so I searched for the graphics card on Intel s website for an update I searched for Graphics - gt Laptop graphics drivers - gt Intel Core Processors with Intel HD Graphics - gt then selected Windows Home Premiun -bit I installed the most recent driver update and after it downloaded and tried to install I got an error message quot The driver being installed is not validated for this computer Please obtain the appropriate driver from the computer manufacturer Setup will exit quot I also tried going into Start - gt Right-click Computer - gt Manage - gt Device Manager - gt Graphics adapter - gt and had it check for any updates which came back saying it was up to date but the last update was October according to dxdiag Any further advice Dell Inspiron with Windows Home Premium Intel i GHz Intel Graphics Media Accelerator HD GB DDR RAM GB Hard drive I have Norton Antivirus with an active subscription if that plays into the equation at all I also run off Mbps Internet connection which is very reliable on my desktop but slower on the laptop Thank you for your help nbsp

Relevancy 61.49%

I ve searched the net amp been on alot of forums with similar issues to the one I am experiencing and even though they have improved the performance of my MCE to a degree the problem still persists When watching live TV or a pre recorded show after some playback/freezing in HD Choppy Media 2005 Centre time say mins it starts to get choppy It also becomes extremely slow to a point where it can take up to minute Choppy HD playback/freezing in Media Centre 2005 for it to register a command eg changing the volume level After some time it will develop into random freezes and then catch up by fast forwarding itself or by me pressing the live button Then the inevitable happens it completely freezes MC amp the PC amp I have to reboot from switching it off from the back of the processor Also the only way I can get into live TV is by playing a pre recorded show first amp then pressing the Live TV button which is fine but sometimes that doesn t work amp if I close MC amp reopen I won t get as far as seeing a list of the pre recorded shows so I have to reboot logging out doesn t help Things I have tried over the past week that have made some improvements amp Downloaded CCleaner amp disabled of start-up programs in windows amp in IE amp Reinstalled Oct Update Rollup KB amp Downloaded Sherlock The Codec Detective amp Codec Sniper results from both showed all video codes are fine amp Checked the Intel website to see if my video card was up to date and it is My computer specs are up to date and I m using a Hauppauge Win-TV HRV TV tuner nbsp

Relevancy 61.49%

Hi All I'm new to this forum but I was hoping someone can help me with this problem that has recently popped up I'm a fairly advanced computer user so this problem has really driven me nuts A couple days ago my computer out of no where started playing video slowly The sound would lag and the video would freeze up In addition to this Choppy & Audio/Video Playback Speeds Transfer transfer speeds for video that normally would go at mb s fell to kb s In addition my BIOS bootup was very slow and the loadup to the Windows screen went from - min to about min or longer Ever since then I have tried every solution I can think of Choppy Audio/Video Playback & Transfer Speeds I've defragged all my drives multiple times reloaded BIOS defaults scanned my computer with AVG and Norton both in Safe Mode and regular mode ran Memtests with no errors tried different media players VLC vs WMP and updated rolled back my graphics drivers and updated codecs The closest solution that worked for me for a while was when I unplugged my DVD drive and then plugged Choppy Audio/Video Playback & Transfer Speeds it back in Video playback went back to normal for a day before it got laggy again However it seems my boot up lag time has went down to regular speeds I've searched the web multiple times and found this solution that was very similar to mine But I've been having trouble implementing it http blogcritics org scitech artic back Choppy Audio/Video Playback & Transfer Speeds comments If any one as any suggestions I'd really appreciate it Here are my relevant computer stats Windows Vista Bit SP Thermaltake Liquid Cooling Intel Kentsfield Q Ghz EVGA GTX SSC EVGA nForce i Ultra SLI gb Corsair Dominators mhz DDR Seagate TB Barracuda Barracuda Barracuda Creative X-Fi Fata ty Koutech IO-RCM USB quot Card Reader Thermaltake PSU W ATX V LG Black LG Blu-ray HD DVD-ROM FYI all the HDDS are fairly new either - years old at most

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/choppy-audio-video-playback-and-transfer-speeds-423802.html
Relevancy 61.49%

The error message for Quicktime shutting down will have Chinese characters in it I find this interesting in light of the facts I'm white and live in Chinatown This came up a Quicktime error Error- an I O error choppy audio playback problems, blanks. and Video occurred I've installed programs shuffled files done many every day operations in the past few weeks and Video playback problems, choppy and audio blanks. days including downloading stuff I think I'm allowed to Not recalling any other specific issues other than Video playback problems, choppy and audio blanks. a general slowdown If I have one my malicious scumbag sense is tingling I haven't really tried much Video playback problems, choppy and audio blanks. yet beyond running basic scans Avira free and adaware If this is really of interest to one of you guys as it is to me I'd like as much technical jargon thrown at me as possible after we figure it out I really dig this stuff and am not discouraged by things not working Like getting beat up by a bully and not knowing how to fight as a small child I won't understand it all but I'll pick away at it Thanks some day I'll have my chops and be able to contribute like you swell chaps are DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Mike Sinclair at on Mon Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium GMT - SP Lavasoft Ad-Watch Live enabled Updated DAE- F - D - - E CFFDAA SP Windows Defender enabled Updated D DDC A- F- FAE- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss C Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcs C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system SLsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows System spoolsv exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop sched exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avguard exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Windows System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroup C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Windows System nvraidservice exe C Windows System rundll exe C Windows System rundll exe C Program Files Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Volume Panel VolPanlu exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows System Ctxfihlp exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Windows SYSTEM CTXFISPI EXE C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avgnt exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat acrotray exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Program Files QuickTime QuickTimePlayer exe C Users Mike Sinclair AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Mike Sinclair AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files Internet Explorer ieuser exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files windows live safety center wlschost EXE C Windows servicing TrustedInstaller exe C Windows system vssvc exe C Windows System svchost exe -k swprv C Windows system wuauclt exe C Users Mike Sinclair AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Mike Sinclair AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Mike Sinclair AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Mike Sinclair AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Mike Sinclair AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Mike Sinclair AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Windows system Taskmgr exe C Users Mike Sinclair AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome e... Read more

A:Video playback problems, choppy and audio blanks.

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREregards _temp_

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/231050/video-playback-problems-choppy-and-audio-blanks/
Relevancy 61.49%

Hello. Recently my DVD drive won't play dvd's or cd's correctly. There is a contant skipping. It's laggy and the video chops and the audio is all choppy as well. I've tried reinstalling drivers and doing all kinds of things but can't figure it out for the life of me. I can still burn dvds/cds and play games etc no problems, but playing back dvd videos or cd audio, its a choppy mess. Does anyone have any ideas how to fix this?

Edit: My drive is just a basic Sony DVD/CD+R/RW/DL... all in one drive.

Relevancy 60.63%

So this is the problem I recently had to buy a new hard drive because the old hard drive decided to go corrupt on me Before this happened everything was fine videos played perfect even at full screen But ever since this happened Lagging New On Fresh Choppy Playback Install After Windows Video And Hd I cant play any video bigger than its original size or it will playback choppy the audio gets ahead of the video and it gets worse when i put it full screen it looks like im playing a video with a low bit rate I seem to have this problem regardless of the video type the problem persists regardless if the videos are on the HD or on the internet I cant even watch YouTube videos without some choppy playbackOn the old hard drive I had Media Player Classic K-Lite Codec Pack for all the codecs so i decided to download this again hoping it would solve my problem with no luck I tried at least different media players but its apparent that the players arent the problem I dont know what else to try I dont know if this Choppy And Lagging Video Playback After Fresh Windows Install On New Hd helps or makes any difference but I do notice that when the video is Choppy And Lagging Video Playback After Fresh Windows Install On New Hd playing the CPU usage is stuck at on Choppy And Lagging Video Playback After Fresh Windows Install On New Hd the st comp yet on the nd comp its somewhere between - These are the specs on the computer im trying to play the videos on Dell Optiplex GX Windows XP Home SP P GHZ MB RAMWestern Digital GB EIDE HDIntegrated Graphics Intel E anything else you need to know let me know I dont think its a problem with the computer speed since they played fine before i had to get a new hard drive and i couldnt say its the hard drive because i have a nd computer on the network that can play these same video files from the st computers hard drive perfectly with no problem and its an older computer P MHZ Oh yeah i almost forgot this might have something to do with it but im not sure On the st comp when im playing the file with media player classic K-Lite Codec Pack if i goto the ffdshow video decoder properties i noticed a difference compared to the nd comp on this one one of the options is jus Video Renderer as where Comp this option is known as Video Mixing Renderer and if i goto this on Comp on the deinterlace tab theres a little information area and it says VMR Input Video Description quot Pin Disconnected of Invalid Media Type quot where as on the nd comp it has an actual value for example for the video im currently playing it shows Video Description x HZsorry if this is so confusing

A:Choppy And Lagging Video Playback After Fresh Windows Install On New Hd

Do you have the latest version of Flash?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/136341/choppy-and-lagging-video-playback-after-fresh-windows-install-on-new-hd/
Relevancy 60.63%

When I am playing a video with any browser it is very choppy (sound and video).
Even Window sounds are choppy. It seems like if I move the mouse it gets worse.

Computer is very slow to open programs, even though the system idle process
is at 99% before starting another progam. This happens even when no browser is open and the
anti-virus software is disabled.

I don't know is this is a software or hardware issue.

A:Computer very slow. Choppy video and audio playback from browsers

Post this here:
http://www.techspot.com/community/forums/virus-and-malware-removal.28/
See if they can help with this problem

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-very-slow-choppy-video-and-audio-playback-from-browsers.207159/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hello,
I am doing a slideshow with pictures and music in windows movie maker and it sounded fine on the computer and then when I go to play it in the dvd player the music is all choppy! I need this for a wake this weekend. PLEASE HELP!!

A:Help! Choppy music on WMM

Please don't start make duplicate threads with the same question.

Continue Here

http://forums.techguy.org/windows-nt-2000-xp/646449-windows-movie-maker.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-choppy-music-on-wmm.646472/
Relevancy 59.34%

Anyone else have this? I am using a GeForce 8400 GS 1GB RAM and the Music app is pretty choppy when art is moving around. Any ideas? Thanks.

A:Choppy music app transitions?

You're welcome to follow this post to collect the logs then post them as a zip here.

Windows 8 Log Collector

---------

Generic advice for the time being. Make sure bios is set to Optimized Defaults then save. Update wireless driver to latest if wireless is present. Use this if it is Atheros based (most but not all are):

ATHEROS drivers for Microsoft Windows (Atheros?????)

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/6052-choppy-music-app-transitions.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Ok let me get to the point lately playing while or Sound Choppy music video whenever I play a music file on my system or watch an online video all I get is sluggish and choppy sound I am running Vista Home Premium SP Choppy Sound while playing music or video My specs are as follow AMD Athlon X TK- Ghz GB DDR RAM GB Serial ATA Hard Drive I ve got all of the latest drivers I ran Choppy Sound while playing music or video various virus scans yet no avail I am running with all the latest OS updates Now I am at my wits ends and baffled as to why suddenly it does this I also check my hard drive for errors using chkdsk yet it reports nothing bad However now that I think of it I did update my BIOS last week I am running a PHOENIX AMD BIOS with version Date Perhaps this caused some odd behavior But as far as I m aware of nothing else is wrong with my system My only problem is choppy audio while the hard disk drive is active For example I could be copying a file while listening to music and all I hear is choppy audio Unfortunately this is a pain in arse while playing games from the hard drive All I get is choppy sluggish audio Any help would be greatly appreciated and I am getting rather tired at the moment don t mind my ty grammatical errors in this post All I want to do is get my point across and hopefully get this problem fixed Thanks Jordan PS If anyone would like to contact me further regarding this problem please don t hesitate to send me a Private Message or post in this topic nbsp

Relevancy 57.19%

i and slow computer running gets music at help!! plz times choppy have spywaredoctor norton AV and i also use microtrends online scanner Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v BETA Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C computer running slow and music gets choppy at times plz help!! WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus IWP NPFMntor exe C Program Files Alcohol Soft Alcohol StarWind StarWindService exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe C Program Files Lexmark Series lxcgmon exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exe C WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system lxcgcoms exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C PROGRA MSNMES msnmsgr exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor spydoctor exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files uTorrent utorrent exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS SoftwareDistribution Download Install netfx KB V X EXE c a be c b b setup exe C WINDOWS Microsoft NET Framework v mscorsvw exe C WINDOWS system msiexec exe C WINDOWS system WBEM WMIADAP EXE C Documents and Settings User Desktop HiJackThis v exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google ca R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http ca red clientapps yahoo com c www yahoo com O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO CNavExtBho Class - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - HKLM Run ehTray C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe O - HKLM Run IntelAudioStudio quot C Program Files Intel Audio Studio IntelAudioStudio exe quot BOOT O - HKLM Run LXCGCATS rundll C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X LXCGtime dll RunDLLEntry O - HKLM Run lxcgmon exe quot C Program Files Lexmark Series lxcgmon exe quot O - HKLM Run EzPrint quot C Program Files Lexmark Series ezprint exe quot O - HKLM Run FaxCenterServer quot C Program Files Lexmark Fax Solutions fm exe quot s O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run Symantec NetDriver Monitor C PROGRA SYMNET SNDMon exe Consumer O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched e... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/computer-running-slow-and-music-gets-choppy-at-times-plz-help-211446.html
Relevancy 57.19%

I just bought a brand new Dell Inspiron Core Duo T GHz GB RAM Every time I play music it always gets choppy I know it's not corrupted music files since the choppiness is completely random especially when I'm running other programs I'm wondering what on earth is eating up all my memory and what useless programs are installed thanks to Dell that is causing the computer to run slow Here's my HijackThis log hopefully someone can tell me what I don't need BTW I cannot stand Vista it's Slow - Music Choppy Causing Running Comp such a resource hog - I wish they gave you the option as to whether you wanted XP or Vista Logfile of Trend Comp Running Slow - Causing Choppy Music Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C Windows system Dwm exeC Windows system taskeng exeC Windows Explorer EXEC Program Files Comp Running Slow - Causing Choppy Music Windows Defender MSASCui exeC Program Files DellTPad Apoint exeC Program Files Sigmatel C-Major Audio WDM sttray exeC Program Files Creative SBAudigy Volume Panel VolPanlu exeC Windows System WLTRAY EXEC Program Files Grisoft AVG avgcc exeC Windows System rundll exeC Windows System rundll exeC Program Files TheWeatherNetwork WeatherEye WeatherEye exeC Windows System rundll exeC Program Files DellTPad ApMsgFwd exeC Program Files DellTPad HidFind exeC Program Files DellTPad Apntex exeC Program Files iTunes iTunes exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceHelper exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin distnoted exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLLoginProxy exeC Program Files HijackThis HiJackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page about blankR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http Comp Running Slow - Causing Choppy Music go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Internet Explorer provided by DellR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhostO - BHO IE Pro - -E - DF-A - FCD B BF - C Program Files IEPro iepro dllO - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - c Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dllO - BHO Browser Address Error Redirector - CA C - B - E-A -A C DB F - C Program Files Dell BAE BAE dllO - HKLM Run Windows Defender ProgramFiles Windows Defender MSASCui exe -hideO - HKLM Run Apoint C Program Files DellTPad Apoint exeO - HKLM Run OEM Mon exe C Windows OEM Mon exeO - HKLM Run SigmatelSysTrayApp ProgramFiles SigmaTel C-Major Audio WDM sttray exeO - HKLM Run VolPanel quot C Program Files Creative SBAudigy Volume Panel VolPanlu exe quot rO - HKLM Run Broadcom Wireless Manager UI C Windows system WLTRAY exeO - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe STARTUPO - HKLM Run NvSvc RUNDLL EXE C Windows system nvsvc dll nvsvcStartO - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C Windows system NvCpl dll NvStartupO - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C Windows system NvMc... Read more

A:Comp Running Slow - Causing Choppy Music

Hi zzyxxx, If you still need help please post a new HijackThis log as a reply to this topic. Before posting the log, please make sure you follow all the steps found in this topic: Preparation Guide for use before posting a HijackThis Log , and I'll be happy to look at it for you.Thanks for your patience.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/129423/comp-running-slow-causing-choppy-music/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hello,

Ok. I am a newbie. I have a problem with the audio playback on my new Vista x64 machine. Yes, I have iTunes 8.1 installed and the playback there is choppy, but the playback is choppy using Windows Media Player just the same. This happens during playback of music saved to my library and from a CD in the drive! I have waded through many dozens of dead end threads on this site and on apple, windows, and dell. I have called dell and apple. Apple walked me through the uninstall and reinstall of iTunes 8.1. I have updated all my drivers. I have updated QT and iTunes.

I do not know my way around these issues. Can anybody walk me through this!? How can I achieve the seemingly simple goal of smooth audio playback on my new machine. What am I missing!?

Thank you.

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/205924-music-playback.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi,
I am looking for a music playback app for Windows 8.1. Preferably something that has:
- Crossfading between songs
- Can handle .m3u playlist files

Any suggestion? I only find some very basic apps, nothing more.
Thanks a lot!

A:Please, recommend me some music playback app for W8

what about vlc media player,i think it support all formats !!

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/36699-please-recommend-me-some-music-playback-app-w8.html