Windows Support Forum

Solved: bios message: 'cpu in safe mode speed'

Q: Solved: bios message: 'cpu in safe mode speed'

i rebooted my pc and got this message: "the system was not correctly shut down and now working in safe mode speed" (asus / nforce setup)
i can only get in to windows by disabling 'halt on errors' in the bios;
the cpu is now running at about half its normal core speed - if i try changing any bios settings it hangs on warm boot - i have to manually kill the power.
weird part is i didnt change anything before this happened. Any ideas?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Solved: bios message: 'cpu in safe mode speed'

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Solved: bios message: 'cpu in safe mode speed'

In BIOS has what you have tried included setting BIOS to default?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-bios-message-cpu-in-safe-mode-speed.501955/
Relevancy 84.28%

Hey guys i have a slight problem.. When i press the power button on the cpu to turn my computer on it takes about 20 seconds for the Display to actually show up.. and when the bios starts it always tells me to press F1 to continue or DEL to enter setup..
gives a message saying that " Setup is running in safe mode please change you overclocked settings or something like" i havent overclocked my computer and everything is in default what should i do to remove this message appearing everytime i start my computer

AMD ATHLON 64 3200+
512 MB DDR
MS- 7030
Geforce 6800

A:Safe mode message during bios Startup

If you go into your bios settings the save and exit that should cure the problem. If it doesnt then let me know and i will do my best to help further. Rik.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/safe-mode-message-during-bios-startup.30183/
Relevancy 73.96%

When I try to boot into safe mode only I get an "out of range" message on my monitor. I suspect some kind of rogue registry entry, but I don't know which one. Anyone have any ideas?

Relevancy 73.96%

Hi all I ve been handed my sister s friend s laptop and been asked to no Solved: no mode, message, error safe No CD fix it and I admit I m a little stumped The system boots as far as showing the boot menu for picking the last settings that worked shows the splash screen and then locks up with a blank screen or just a flashing prompt if you boot into safe mode My first course of action here would be to boot from the CD and run a repair install but Solved: No safe mode, no error message, no CD alas I only have my OEM CD for windows XP home and I understand that repairing from that could be a bad move Using an old copy of Bart s PE I can run a checkdisk no errors there but I m not really any closer to getting the system running again The laptop has a sticker Solved: No safe mode, no error message, no CD with a windows XP home licence key on it but I can t tell if it s OEM or not Would running a repair install from my OEM CD with her key be a mistake Does anyone have any better ideas Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 73.96%

I recently upgraded my internet service and found that speed test results from speedtest.net and speakeasy.com were giving me download results that were ~ half of what I was supposed to be getting ( 9Mbs vs 16Mbs). I called the ISP and they suggested I restart in safe mode w/ networking and run the tests again. I did and the results of the test were surprising. I was getting the 16Mbs download speed that I signed up for. The tech suggested that I may be infected with something. I run several free programs (Mbam, avg, avast, ect.) to try to aviod these things, but it seems as though something may have gotten through. Any help that you guys may be able to provide would be greatly appreciated. Btw, no error messages and I am running Windows XP. Thanks in advance.

A:Pc speed test download speed significantly faster in safe mode

I take it MBam is updayted and run..Rerun MBAM (MalwareBytes) like this:Open MBAM in normal mode and click Update tab, select Check for Updates,when doneclick Scanner tab,select Quick scan and scan (normal mode).After scan click Remove Selected, Post new scan log and Reboot into normal mode.Next run ATF and SAS: If you cannot access Safe Mode,run in normal ,but let me know.Note: On Vista, "Windows Temp" is disabled. To empty "Windows Temp" ATF-Cleaner must be "Run as an Administrator".From your regular user account..Download Attribune's ATF Cleaner and then SUPERAntiSpyware , Free Home Version. Save both to desktop ..DO NOT run yet.Open SUPER from icon and install and Update itUnder Scanner Options make sure the following are checked (leave all others unchecked):Close browsers before scanning.Scan for tracking cookies.Terminate memory threats before quarantining.Click the "Close" button to leave the control center screen and exit the program. DO NOT run yet.Now reboot into Safe Mode: How to enter safe mode(XP)Using the F8 MethodRestart your computer. When the machine first starts again it will generally list some equipment that is installed in your machine, amount of memory, hard drives installed etc. At this point you should gently tap the F8 key repeatedly until you are presented with a Windows XP Advanced Options menu. Select the option for Safe Mode using the arrow keys. Then press enter on your keyboard to boot into Safe Mode. Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.Under Main "Select Files to Delete" choose: Select All.Click the Empty Selected button.If you use Firefox or Opera browser click that browser at the top and choose: Select AllClick the Empty Selected button.If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.NOW Scan with SUPEROpen from the desktop icon or the program Files listOn the left, make sure you check C:\Fixed Drive.Perform a Complete scan. After scan,Verify they are all checked.Click OK on the summary screen to quarantine all found items.If asked if you want to reboot, click "Yes" and reboot normally.To retrieve the removal information after reboot, launch SUPERAntispyware again.Click Preferences, then click the Statistics/Logs tab.Under Scanner Logs, double-click SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log.If there are several logs, click the current dated log and press View log. A text file will open in your default text editor.Please copy and paste the Scan Log results in your next reply.Click Close to exit the program.Please ask any needed questions,post logs and Let us know how the PC is running now.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/303206/pc-speed-test-download-speed-significantly-faster-in-safe-mode/
Relevancy 72.24%

My speedtest.net performance is 30 Mbps download, and between 0.3 and 2.0 Mbps upload. If I start in safe mode with netorking, I get download and upload speeds of 25-30, my contracted speeds. Obviously, something loading in the full mode interferes with upload speed. I have tried restarting in safe mode with all of the items checked in the services and programs tabs in msconfig, and still get excellent up and download speeds. How can I figure out what is interfering with my upload speed in normal mode, but not in safe mode?

A:Poor upload speed in normal mode, fine in safe mode

Use msconfig to determine what is causing the problem

How to use msconfig in Windows 7

Click on Start then Run, type msconfig and press Enter.
Click on the Startup tab, record what is currently starting then click the Disable All button.
Reboot and see if it runs better.
If yes then use msconfig to enable several items at a time till you find the culprit.

If no, start msconfig and click on the Services tab.
Check the Hide All Microsoft Services box, record what is currently starting then click the Disable All button.
Again, do a regular boot, see if it runs normal.
If yes then use msconfig to enable services till you find the culprit.

Once you've found the culprit, uninstall it or find out how to eliminate it from your system. Simply disabling it in msconfig is a temporary fix at best.
Enable everything else you disabled.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/234511-poor-upload-speed-normal-mode-fine-safe-mode.html
Relevancy 68.37%

i have windows home xp edtion on parkard bell.in safe mode it is fine,but when on normal bootup mode it will hang up after 2mins aprox(then restart saying crit error,check hardware etc and being to dump files kernel),on a blue screen.

i tried a different graphics card,but no joy.so i replaced the hdd drive and put a fresh copy of windows xp pro edtion on,but it loads all the files(i have not pressed f6)i just let it run its course on the disc,then it hangs up on the blue screen again with the words(crit error 0x0000007f)check hardware etc and if this is the first time you have seen it try starting windows again.

Thankyou for all your time.

A:Solved: xp safe in safe mode fine...mormal mode blue screen

Start in Safe Mode and look in C:\Windows\Minidump for crash log files with a dmp extension, like Mini071008-01.dmp. Zip 4-5 of the latest ones and post here as a ZIP or RAR attachment. The log file contains information useful to determine what caused the error, most likely hardware.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-xp-safe-in-safe-mode-fine-mormal-mode-blue-screen.729142/
Relevancy 67.08%

This morning we had a power outage and when I turned my computer back on it would not boot I tried several times to hard boot computer [SOLVED] with mode or mode except in boot will not safe networking. safe with no luck Then I tried safe mode Ran an antivirus scan and it showed [SOLVED] computer will not boot except in safe mode or safe mode with networking. malware and several infections which it cleaned The computer still would not boot normally I then ran chkdsk still would not boot normally I have ran malware bytes registry repair and the [SOLVED] computer will not boot except in safe mode or safe mode with networking. registry defrag program as well as done a disk clean up It still will not boot in normal mode Since my last problems that you helped me with I have upgraded to a broadband internet connection and have a home network The other computers on the network are fine A week ago I had purchased Avast internet security and had problems immediately It would not allow me to connect to the internet That was uninstalled and I went back to the free Avast antivirus Zone alarm and Spyware blaster I was very unhappy with Avast customer service and support iYogi and decided I did not want Avast on my computer at all I have since downloaded PC tools free antivirus Once I have my computer operational again I am open to suggestions Fortunately I did not change anything on the other computers Just mine Running Windows XP Thank you

A:[SOLVED] computer will not boot except in safe mode or safe mode with networking.

what are you running
video card
cpu
m/board
ram
power supply
brand
model
wattage

check the listings in the bios for voltages and temperatures and post them

the outage may have damaged the psu

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-computer-will-not-boot-except-in-safe-mode-or-safe-mode-with-networking-605216.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Hello all I ve been messing with and Googling this problem all day and am stumped Any help will be greatly appreciated My laptop Toshiba A -S XP SP MCE Solved: or Toshiba: Cannot enter Safe Mode boot enter from on or BIOS CD startup Intel T Duo Core GB RAM Two days ago I had a glitch - a bunch of browser windows were open and the Solved: Toshiba: Cannot boot from CD or enter Safe Mode or enter BIOS on startup system just sort of froze up I ended up doing a hard restart The PC then took a longer than normal time to boot back up That made me nervous so yesterday I made True Image images of both partitions on the HD that is C OS and apps and D data This morning I decided to run a memory diagnostic disk I had memtest and Windows Diagnostics CDs on hand I set boot priority to CD DVD ROM Solved: Toshiba: Cannot boot from CD or enter Safe Mode or enter BIOS on startup using Start gt All Programs gt Toshiba gt Utilities gt Toshiba Assist gt Optimize gt Toshiba Hardware Settings gt Boot Priority When I restarted the PC I heard the CD Rom drive spin for a few seconds but the screen stayed lack and didn t boot After some time passed with no activity I hit control alt delete a couple of times and XP then booted form the HD I unsuccessfully tried multiple times with three bootable CDs that worked on another Toshiba laptop including the Recovery and Apps disk that came with the laptop Same result I re-checked boot order a few times and the setting priority was still as I had set it I then found that I was unable to get into either safe mode or BIOS or to get the PC to boot from the CD ROM during startup using any of F F F or C Always the same result as in step although not always with the CD ROM spinning A System Restore to a point about one week ago did not help So I realize I m probably looking at a full OS reinstall pretty tedious with reconfiguring the tuners with MCE since the images I made yesterday presumably have the same problem I am experiencing At least I don t anticipate losing any data I m grateful for any advice or thoughts including whether there s a way to figure out if this problem is hardware related Thanks Tom nbsp

A:Solved: Toshiba: Cannot boot from CD or enter Safe Mode or enter BIOS on startup

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-toshiba-cannot-boot-from-cd-or-enter-safe-mode-or-enter-bios-on-startup.766709/
Relevancy 65.36%

How do I boot up into BIOS and  safe mode? Does anyone have an answer this?
Thanks!

A:BIOS and Safe Mode

Windows 8 "safemode" - http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/windows-startup-settings-safe-mode

BIOS - try pressing F2, F10 or F12 during boot-up.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/578960/bios-and-safe-mode/
Relevancy 65.36%

Does anyone know of the F key to activate the bios safe mode screen? I want to load xp but in safe mode.

A:BIOS safe mode key

Make and model of your computer would assist us in helping you. Different brands use different keys for bios.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bios-safe-mode-key.1147529/
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi,
I've been trying different hardware solutions to my internet speed being 50% of what I pay for with, to no avail. I've now switched to software troubleshooting, and found that safemode actually fixed the issue. Now, my question is... Is there a quick and easy way to find the culprit to my slow speed?
(I ask because I have small children and hardly any time on my hands)
Thank you!
Cawa

A:Safe Mode makes internet speed 50Mb/s faster

Welcome to the forum it can be a startup program or service or malware as a lot of these dont start in safe mode. You can use msconfig to disable all startup software see if that improve it then you can in normal mode open a cmd prompt and type
net start >norm.txt
then start in safe mode and type
net start >safe.txt
compare both and see what runs in norm.txt that doesnt run in safe.txt

Run these see if it picks and malware or tells us the problem

Please download MINITOOLBOX and run it.
Downloading MiniToolBox

Checkmark following boxes:

Flush DNS
Reset FF proxy Settings
Reset Ie Proxy Settings
Report IE Proxy Settings
Report FF Proxy Settings
List content of Hosts
List IP configuration
List Winsock Entries
List last 10 Event Viewer log
List Installed Programs
List Users, Partitions and Memory size
List Devices (problems only)

Click Go and post the result.

Please download Adware cleaner from the link below.
ToolsLib - Downloads - AdwCleaner
Save it to your desktop.
Right click run as admin.
Hit the scan button.
Allow completion.
Make sure all items are ticked.
Hit the clean button.
Even if no items are displayed to be ticked hit the clean button anyway.
The machine will reboot this is normal.
Post the log in your next reply.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/399658-safe-mode-makes-internet-speed-50mb-s-faster.html
Relevancy 64.5%

I'm not sure, and you can decide for yourselves, but I think the hard drive is toast.
My brother (another brother, not Darrel ) got something in his machine that started
" Dumping Physical Memeory".

Every attempt to put adware, malware or antivirus software in and it would crash. Every time!

The problem is that now it will not go past the "boot from CD ROM."
I tried booting from the supplied rescue disk ( MDG Canada ) and it would'nt
I have XP/SP2 Professional and tried that with the same result.

I can't F6 or F8 into it. It goes directly to boot from ??....

Replace hard drive or what?

Greg

A:Will Not Boot In Safe Or Bios Mode At All!

Not booting, hmmm, have you checked your BIOS settings? Does BIOS see the hard drive?
I think you should take the hard drive out of the computer, set it's jumpers to slave position and put it in another computer to see if Windows will recognise it before you just discard it.
Boot to a Windows98 floppy disk should work too - if it can see a "non FAT" partition your disk is OK.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/66940/will-not-boot-in-safe-or-bios-mode-at-all/
Relevancy 64.5%

Yo So just a hour or two ago after I had restarted my computer it was working ok afterwards except the fact the internet wasnt wanting to work at all i restarted to try fixing that the computer will not boot up It will be stuck on the animated loading circle thing sometimes if I wait long enough it'll BSOD for a split second won't mode. PC get to BIOS or boot, can't safe and then restarts At times it'll bring up a quot automatic repair quot thing it'll try preparing it and then suddenly it'll go into a black screen and do nothing afterwards While it is loading the keyboard will PC won't boot, can't get to BIOS or safe mode. be on for a moment PC won't boot, can't get to BIOS or safe mode. and then turn off I have tried mashing function keys and it does jack I was trying to see if I could boot it up with ubuntu to try recovering files of mine but it won't let me if I remember correctly I have to set up some stuff in BIOS then load ubuntu via flash drive But as I said pressing function keys does nothing at all This also means I can't get to safe mode

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/75830-pc-wont-boot-cant-get-bios-safe-mode.html
Relevancy 64.5%

I am a numbskull I cannot current view any of the operations of my t machine on my monitor I recently safe bios? mode Can I start from installed Can I start safe mode from bios? a new video card but did it wrong way wrong First I didn't disable the integrated card before installing the new one After inserting the card and installing the new driver I accidentally deleted the originally driver from the computer So at startup it declared quot new hardware-pga Can I start safe mode from bios? compatible video driver missing quot In my defense I really knew better but was too tired to be working on the machine For a variety of reasons it took about three days to get a new old driver to disable However in the meantime I had tried to connect to my big tv and when displayed on this tv the pc would not let me adjust my resolution to any but the smallest of res x This was a new problem for me I was using the wrong cable connection so the tv didn't recognize the input as a computer and the computer couldn't figure out what it was hooked to so it went to default I think In a particularly bright moment I set the display res to it's highest possibility on my small monitor hoping it would fix the tv problem however it made my monitor mad enough to just display text saying that it could not support such settings I could not adjust it at all from that monitor anymore Back to the tv I tried to undo the problem by disabling the new card expecting that I could reinstall the old driver afterward and be back to square one to do it all over again properly Now it loads up shows that windows is loading and goes to a black screen I can hear the machine opening all of my startup files so I know the whole machine is still working but I can't see it at all I can still access bios Can I install the original driver from there straight off of a thumb drive Could I access a windows file and turn the second driver back on from there There's no way I'm going to reinstall an os for this could I remotely fix it from another computer

A:Can I start safe mode from bios?

If you removed the Windows basic VGA drivers they should be reinstalled using a Repair Install.

http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm

The NVIDIA? GeForce?4? MX graphics drivers you would get from Nvidia's site.

You should be able to get into Safe Mode and fix things if the drivers you uninstalled were the Nvidia ones.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315222

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/can-i-start-safe-mode-from-bios-386534.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi
Vista Home Premium SP2
I get error message ?Out of scan range 92.8 Khz/58Hz? when trying to access Safe mode (F8 key)
Nvidia 7300LE Graphics card (Latest Drivers installed)
Monitor refresh rate set to lowest 60 Hertz.
Same problem even if I change resolution to lowest 600x800 (& then try Safe mode)
Same problem if I use another monitor, 19" Sony SDM-S95A, & a 15" Taxan 680 TC099-S
If I uninstall drivers (device manager) I get error message ?Out of scan range 92.8 Khz/58Hz?. Which means I have to restart the machine, but that means I get the same error message when it restarts (safe mode or normal)? So have to use Acronis Bootable rescue media to restore backup image.
Have tried using integrated graphics display (Motherboard), same error message.
Would appreciate any help with this.
Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/safe-mode-error-message-419449.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi
Vista Home Premium SP2
I get error message ?Out of scan range 92.8 Khz/58Hz? when trying to access Safe mode (F8 key)
Nvidia 7300LE Graphics card (Latest Drivers installed)
Monitor refresh rate set to lowest 60 Hertz.
Same problem even if I change resolution to lowest 600x800 (& then try Safe mode)
Same problem if I use another monitor, 19" Sony SDM-S95A, & a 15" Taxan 680 TC099-S
If I uninstall drivers (device manager) I get error message ?Out of scan range 92.8 Khz/58Hz?. Which means I have to restart the machine, but that means I get the same error message when it restarts (safe mode or normal)? So have to use Acronis Bootable rescue media to restore backup image.
Have tried using integrated graphics display (Motherboard), same error message.
Would appreciate any help with this.
Thanks

A:Safe mode error message

Well you are correct. This is referring to the monitor (good for you!)
And I would have suggested trying another video card and monitor, which you have done.
What if you bring it up in safe mode, use a driver cleaner, completely uninstall the drivers, then reinstall?

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/250890-safe-mode-error-message.html
Relevancy 64.07%

My PC has been acting up lately WinXP-Pro with a lot of programs not responding I tried to download Combofix to run it in safe mode or run it period That isn t working- says installation failed Tried times Ran Malware Bytes Spyware Doctor and did a Chkdsk Only some spyware cookies came up So I tried Safe Mode and kept getting an error that it wouldn t start in Safe Mode because of either a new hardware installation or software problem Sometimes it would give me an error about my keyboard not working but it s working fine I did install a new printer wks ago but that hasn t caused the problem Haven t installed any software lately either Here is my Sysinfo Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Pentium R D CPU GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM in message Safe Mode Error Mb Graphics Card RADEON X MB HyperMemory Mb Hard Drives C Total Error message in Safe Mode - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc HJ CN J AA Antivirus COMODO Antivirus Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled nbsp

Relevancy 63.64%

turned on computer and found my onecare was not opening up Onecare removed several viruses yesterday which is not normal since I do not go online Safe Bios! Unable Enter To Or Mode much with this computer Unable To Enter Safe Mode Or Bios! I didn't write down the names I completed all steps in your guide and used all the programs you listed as well as I went to the Onecare site and ran the update malware repair and got onecare working and ran it and removed Ferbink B and Ntlin A Didn't find anything online about these I did HiJackThis and removed about items once again did not write them down Down below is a copy of the latest HiJackThis and it appears the only file to come back is ctfmon exe which I believe is for my windows office software The comp is working fine and onecare is working but I can still not log in to safe mode or bios It appears my keyboard does not function until windows is completely loaded Nothing happens when pressing f or f and once I made it to the screen that has the selection for safe mode by turing off then on the computer before it shut down properly which made the computer go to that screen on the next boot but my up and down arrows did not function and it automatically went to regular windows after timing out Also tried to boot to my windows disc but when the screen read quot hit any key to boot from cd quot the keys did not work and it booted to the drive by the way it says quot invalid boot ini quot It appears I need to rebuild my boot ini but don't know how to do that since I can not boot to my windows cd nor can I boot to safe mode I'd like to run all my malware software in safe mode as well It appears I've done some damage to the beast but the beast still has control of my machine Also I have two machines and I switch between the two The other machine has no problem with the keyboard working before windows is fully loaded and I can enter bios and safe mode with no problem I could previously enter bios and safe mode on the infected machine but now can not It as I said appears to have disabled my keyboard before windows is fully loaded Please help and thank you Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C windows System smss exeC windows system winlogon exeC windows system services exeC windows system lsass exeC windows system svchost exeC Program Files Microsoft Windows OneCare Live Antivirus MsMpEng exeC windows System svchost exeC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exeC windows system spoolsv exeC Program Files Google Common Google Updater GoogleUpdaterService exeC windows system nvsvc exeC Program Files Microsoft Windows OneCare Live OcHealthMon exeC windows system svchost exeC Program Files Microsoft Windows OneCare Live Firewall msfwsvc exeC Program Files Microsoft Windows OneCare Live winss exeC windows System svchost exeC Program Files Microsoft Windows OneCare Live winssnotify exeC windows Explorer EXEC windows system RUNDLL EXEC windows system ctfmon exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page about blankO - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dllO - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartupO - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInitO - HKLM Run OneCareUI quot C Program Files Microsoft Windows OneCare Live winssnotify exe quot O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C windows system ctfmon exeO - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Wind... Read more

A:Unable To Enter Safe Mode Or Bios!

was it something I said?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/164855/unable-to-enter-safe-mode-or-bios/
Relevancy 63.64%

PC was working fine with the exception of an intermittent problem Pc Only Will Safe I Mode....think Somewhere Bios The Boot Goofed In of coms loss between pc and router Nothing major just irritating Thought it might have something to do with my earlier dinking with the bios Pc Will Only Boot In Safe Mode....think I Goofed The Bios Somewhere trying to tweak and obviously Pc Will Only Boot In Safe Mode....think I Goofed The Bios Somewhere not correctly What could it hurt to try and undo my earlier quot tweaks quot evidently a lot Now the pc Pc Will Only Boot In Safe Mode....think I Goofed The Bios Somewhere is only bootable in safe mode It then leaves my usb mouse inoperable and informs me during boot that my KB isn t found or installed which it is and works fine for selecting bios boot mode OS etc If I attempt to boot normally it posts finds the HD then only a black blank screen without any noticeable HD activity I can then reboot and F for boot options and boot into Safe Mode where I m able to navigate without failure via KB only Someone got some advice MOBO is an Asus A V- E Chipset Amd xp GEFORCE FX Win XP Pro sp Any and all help or advice greatly appreciated I have another comp to communicate with Thanks In Advance SCF

A:Pc Will Only Boot In Safe Mode....think I Goofed The Bios Somewhere

What changes did you make immediately preceding this latest event, if any?

The USB mouse may not work in safe mode, this is pretty normal, as the USB drivers may not have loaded. You will need a PS2 mouse, or at least an adaptor.

With the limited information I have, my first impression is that it may be related to a malware infection. Have you done scans with antivirus and antispyware, and if so, what did they find?

On the other working computer you have, do you have antivirus and antispyware? If so, you could remove the hard drive from the troubled computer and put it in the working computer as a slave, then run scans to see what you find.

Do you have your original Windows XP disk, or perhaps it says Recovery Disk - Operating System on it?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/33063/pc-will-only-boot-in-safe-modethink-i-goofed-the-bios-somewhere/
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi I have the most strange issue with my keyboard It works in Bios it works in safe mode it works when I try to repair windows repair files are added to a partition on the laptop - its how I bought it but whenever windows boots normally the keyboard won t work It is a built in keyboard to my in Safe only mode works or Keyboard bios laptop and the fact it works everywhere else tells me it Keyboard only works in Safe mode or bios s fine just in case connectors were damaged I stripped it and had a look anyway Things I have tried uninstalling the driver in safe mode - Keyboard only works in Safe mode or bios this reinstalls when I reboot but still no joy The strange part is I do not think the driver files are corrupted because safe mode and normal mode seems Keyboard only works in Safe mode or bios to use the same drivers standard ps The manufacturer HP Compaq has no specific drivers which leads me to believe that standard ps is right but I reinstalled quick buttons -no joy there are no conflicts or yellow exclamation point in device manager the only thing I did was upgrade my AV AVG so uninstalled -no joy ran AV and MBAM and ran TDSS killer just in case - no virus or malware cleaned registry with Ccleaner -no joy no processes or startup items are unusual but I have killed disabled just in case-no joy did a system restore no joy I had backed up the registry ages ago so I tried that -no joy Tried on battery and plugged in no battery in case the power is an issue -no joy reflashed Bios - no joy - All language sttings looked ok A USB keyboard works if plugged in Just in case I did run hijack this too Please help before I throw it out the window Thanks in advance

A:Keyboard only works in Safe mode or bios

if it helps it is a Compaq Presario CQ56 253SA with 64 bit win 7

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/472176/keyboard-only-works-in-safe-mode-or-bios/
Relevancy 63.64%

I ran in to a weird situation today on a co-workers laptop The computer is a Dell E The external Logitech MK keyboard stopped working inside windows suddenly this morning The mouse connected to the same receiver continued to work The keyboard works inside of Safe mode and in the bios I have gone through many troubleshooting steps but no external keyboard will not work on the computer while running in Windows Strangely the quick launch buttons except BIOS Kbd working in Safe External Mode not and and External Kbd not working except in BIOS and Safe Mode volume controls still work on the Logitech keyboard but none of the keys work Also if the caps lock is pushed on the laptop keyboard the indicator on the MK screen will change so communication is occurring between the devices The laptop keyboard still works which makes the situation less painful Here External Kbd not working except in BIOS and Safe Mode is what I have tried Replaced batteries since it is wireless Tried basic known-good Dell USB keyboard Same results - cannot type in Windows Removed all HID devices from device manager and rebooted Checked registry HKLM System CCS control Class and verified keyboard class is set to kbdclass Update BIOS Reset BIOS to defaults after updating verified regional keyboard settings are External Kbd not working except in BIOS and Safe Mode set to English - US Disconnected logitech receiver removed all HID devices again Plugged in basic USB keyboard again with same result I am at my wits end Any ideas will be greatly appreciated Thank you

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/394559-external-kbd-not-working-except-bios-safe-mode.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi,
I cannot on starting/restarting (Compaq Presario, XP SP2) access either the Bios nor Safe Mode using any of the function keys when CPU is starting up. I have to go to BOOT.INIT to select the Safe Mode and then restart. HELP!! Herb Mueck

A:Failure to access BIOS or Safe Mode

Do you have a USB keyboard?

wrs

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/failure-to-access-bios-or-safe-mode.342309/
Relevancy 63.64%

hello,

my friend asked me to reinstall his OS (XP Pro SP2 ) on his PT4, 2,2 GHz.
He said, he might have delete something wrong in the Windows Folder or in the registry.
The problem that I encountered is, during start up the screen stays black until the welcome screen. I can't access BIOS nor Safe Mode and I can't boot from any bootable CD. So, what can I do? How can I solve this problem?

Thanks for your help.

Relevancy 63.64%

PC running XP. Sometimes when it boots up I get only a dark screen. Turn it off and reboot and then it boots up in safe mode in the Bios Setup Utility with this message under the Advanced Tab:
"At Bootup System Hung for An Imporper CPU Speed". This used to happen veery infrequently, but is happening more now.

The shown speed in the Bios is 2266 MHZ. The box for the Pentium 4 processor says on it 2.26Ghz which I figure is the same. The 1.525V is the same on both. I did not make changes in the Bios.

This computer has been acting slow at times lately and I had it run through the security forum and it was clean. It acts as through not enough memory when it bogs down, but has 1.5 GB Ram and 64GB free on a 80 GB hard drive..

Any thoughts?
G

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/at-bootup-system-hangs-for-improper-cpu-speed-message-in-bios.591686/
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi guys,

I'm in pretty big trouble here. Since this morning, when I try to boot up my WindowsXP SP3, it just restarts the computer, I believe before the loading bars on the bottom of the screen appear. Sadly, no error message appears on screen. After the first unsuccesful try, I was greeted with the options screen, to start Windows normally or in safe mode.

When trying to boot into safe mode, you can see a couple of files loading, but after that, only the blinking cursorin the top left corner appears and just keeps on doing his thing forever, the keyboard doesn't accept any input any more.

How can I find out what is causing the resets? I have tried accessing the files on C: with a boot cd and everything works just fine.

A:Xp Won't Boot, Neither Will Safe Mode, No Error Message

If you have the Windows startup CD try using the Recovery Console.Note: You may need to change the boot order in the BIOS so that the CD-ROM is the first device in the boot order to be able to boot from the Windows installation disk.To run the Recovery Console from the Windows XP startup disks or the Windows XP CD-ROM, follow these steps:1. Insert the Windows XP startup disk into the floppy disk drive, or insert the Windows XP CD-ROM into the CD-ROM drive, and then restart the computer.Click to select any options that are required to start the computer from the CD-ROM drive if you are prompted.2. When the "Welcome to Setup" screen appears, press R to start the Recovery Console.3. If you have a dual-boot or multiple-boot computer, select the installation that you must access from the]Recovery Console.4. When you are prompted, type the Administrator password. If the administrator password is blank, just press ENTER.5. At the command prompt, type chkdsk /r , and then press ENTER. 6. To exit the Recovery Console and restart the computer, type exit at the command prompt, and then press ENTER.http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307654

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/171559/xp-wont-boot-neither-will-safe-mode-no-error-message/
Relevancy 63.21%

Hello I was browsing this fourum as well as others to figure out how to stop the InetKW error familiar to some of you I m thinking- The one where inetkw is telling you that it can t load- quot Error loading C PROGRA INTERN inetkw The specified module could not be found quot I was deleting a lot of spyware must have deleted something needed by inetkw because every - minutes I m gotten be message- safe mode to Do to in I need remove? InetKW this message I decided to research it found out what I need to do what is said below The file that looks for inetkw dll is inetmgr dll InetKW message- Do I need to be in safe mode to remove? which is located in the c windows system folder Find that file delete it and run hijackthis in safe mode that should clear up the problem Click to expand Well I was wondering if you most definately have to go into safe mode to delete it or could I just go to the program and delete it now and be okay I InetKW message- Do I need to be in safe mode to remove? just downloaded Hijack This today never ran a scan but if you would like me to post my log I d be happy to go in and do it Please let me know what to do if the quote above is wrong I m fairly new to all this stuff and I am only noticed the birthdays today I feel like a child on InetKW message- Do I need to be in safe mode to remove? here with a whole bunch of you experts Happy Birthday to everyone btw This is so helpful Thank you Stace nbsp

Relevancy 63.21%

Hi From and Blocks Safe Bios on Startup Mode Virus request I have made a new thread in this section original thread http www bleepingcomputer com forums t virus-blocks-bios-and-safe-mode-on-startup DDS log DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by THOMAS at on - - Microsoft Windows Ultimate GMT AV Bitdefender Antivirus Enabled Updated A D -CED -F B- E- D AF A D SP Bitdefender Antispyware Enabled Updated F C-E EC-F E - D E- A D A E SP Windows Defender Enabled Updated D DDC A- Virus Blocks Bios and Safe Mode on Startup F- fae- E -DA Virus Blocks Bios and Safe Mode on Startup C ACF FW Bitdefender Firewall Enabled A FD- B -F - C - E Virus Blocks Bios and Safe Mode on Startup F EF Running Processes C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Program Files Bitdefender Bitdefender vsserv exe C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation D Vision nvSCPAPISvr exe C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Program Files Sandboxie SbieSvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display nvxdsync exe C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM armsvc exe C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files x CyberLink PowerDVD Kernel DMS CLMSMonitorServicePDVD exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL SQLEXPRESS MSSQL Binn sqlservr exe C Program Files Common Files Native Instruments Hardware NIHardwareService exe C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation NetService NvNetworkService exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NvStreamSrv nvstreamsvc exe C Windows SysWOW PnkBstrA exe C ProgramData Skype Toolbars Skype C C Service c c service exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Bitdefender Bitdefender updatesrv exe C Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcs C Program Files Bitdefender Bitdefender SafeBox safeboxservice exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NvStreamSrv nvstreamsvc exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation Update Core NvBackend exe C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RtkNGUI exe C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation NVIDIA Update Core NvTmru exe C Program Files Logitech Gaming Software LCore exe C Program Files Bitdefender Bitdefender bdagent exe C Program Files x Skype Phone Skype exe C Program Files Sandboxie SbieCtrl exe C Program Files Bitdefender Bitdefender pmbxag exe C Program Files Bitdefender Bitdefender antispam bdapppassmgr exe C Program Files x Intel Intel reg USB eXtensible Host Controller Driver Application iusb mon exe C Program Files x Logitech LWS Webcam Software LWS exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display nvtray exe C Program Files x PowerISO PWRISOVM EXE C Program Files x Adobe Acrobat Acrobat acrotray exe C Program Files x Logitech LWS Webcam Software CameraHelperShell exe C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files x CyberLink PowerDVD PowerDVD Agent exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServicePeerNet C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Update... Read more

A:Virus Blocks Bios and Safe Mode on Startup

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.===Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your Desktop.Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click the Scan button and wait for the process to complete.Click the Report button and the report will open in Notepad.IMPORTANTIf you click the Clean button all items listed in the report will be removed.If you find some false positive items or programs that you wish to keep, Close the AdwCleaner windows.Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click the Scan button and wait for the process to complete.Check off the element(s) you wish to keep.Click on the Clean button follow the prompts.A log file will automatically open after the scan has finished.Please post the content of that log file with your next answer.You can find the log file at C:\AdwCleaner[Sn].txt (n is a number). Please downloadJunkware Removal Tool to your Desktop.Please close your security software to avoid potential conflicts.Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista or 7, right-mouse click it and select Run as administrator.The tool will open and start scanning your system.Please be patient as this can take a while to complete, depending on your system's specifications.On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your Desktop and will automatically open.Please post the contents of JRT.txt into your reply.===Download the correct version of this tool for your operating system.Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (64 bit)Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (32 bit)and save it to a folder on your computer's Desktop.Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.Press Scan button.It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please copy and paste it to your reply.The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.===Please paste the logs in your next reply DO NOT ATTACH THEM unless specified.Let me know what problem persists.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/524807/virus-blocks-bios-and-safe-mode-on-startup/
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi,

I have an Intel D101GGC motherboard. On most computers the Del button is used to enter BIOS. But on mine it is F2. I dont which keys to use to enter the Boot First options and which key to use to enter Windows Safe Mode...

How do I find this??

Please Help...

A:Which keys to enter BIOS, Boot, and Safe Mode??

Read the manual? Propably all are done by the F keys, so you might just want to test each one and see what they do.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/which-keys-to-enter-bios-boot-and-safe-mode.815733/
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi

Recently my computer was infected with a virus.
-I ran RKill and combofix which seemed to remove all the malicious proccesses the virus ran. 
-I was then able to use bitDefender and Malwarebytes which removed various files. 

Now my computer appears to be functioning normally however when I restart my computer:
-the screen remains black until the windows log in screen shows. (No bios splash screen shows, I have an ASUS mobo)
-If I try to enter safe mode the computer freezes and is inoperable until it is restarted again.

Note: I can post particular logs if necessary or more information is needed. I am capable with computers however this is the first time I have been infected.

Thank you so much for any help, it is greatly appreciated!

Thomas

A:Virus Blocks Bios and Safe Mode on Startup

Please follow Steps 6-8 of Preparation Guide, Before Using Malware Removal Tools and Requesting Help - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic34773.html and submit the requested DDS log, along with your ComboFix log, in a new topic in the forum containing the Prep Guide.

Once that is done,..come back to this topic and post a link to your new topic.  Once that is done, this topic will be closed to avoid confusion.

Thanks .

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/524717/virus-blocks-bios-and-safe-mode-on-startup/
Relevancy 63.21%

Ello folk's
I just wanna pick your brain's a bit as i have this issue that has pickled me for a while now. Since i switched from AMD to Nvidia i have had a 2 inch black border around the display while in the bios and safe mode. When no display driver is installed too.
While searching online i've not managed to find any solution to it and the only suggestions were update bios(done).
Someone else on the EVGA forums was adamant that it was due to the scaling options of my monitor.
I have checked the scaling options and none have any effect on the black border which i expected to be the case as it's only happend since i switched to Nvidia. When i had my HD6950 the screen was as it should be...
Any input is much appreciated as always

A:Black border's around screen when in bios or safe mode

Many articles on google about it, and here`s an old thread, maybe it will help.

Black border around screen

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/290143-black-borders-around-screen-when-bios-safe-mode.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi Guys Running Acer Aspire Laptop Mobile AMD Sempron ghz mb ram & in Bios Screen & mode Safe Crashing Normal in video ram shared XP Home SP My daughter s laptop suddenly started crashing a few days ago ok it was whilst Screen Crashing in Normal & Safe mode & in Bios playing her favourite quot buggy quot game which had often ended in crashes before but now laptop is crashing all the time without game being loaded though I don t want to add and get here by Screen Crashing in Normal & Safe mode & in Bios assuming it s entirely the game s fault I tried to effect a system restore but XP wouldn t accept any of the restore points I finally went for the System Recovery with the supplied System disk and Recovery disks but after what I thought was a successful recovery it is still crashing actually think it also might have crashed during recovery and I had to restart though I m no longer sure Crashes can occur now at any time either during boot up or anything up to mins or so afterwards Have tried booting into safe mode but it still crashes after a while and even whilst in the Bios the screen can also crash Checked Ram with Memtest and was without errors after one and a half full runs through or approx mins continuous before screen crashed again Have been trying to run a complete SFC SCANNOW command but screen always crashed before half way through in normal mode and this won t run in safe mode anyway Also loaded the Ubuntu live disk without installing and was accessing the windows hard disk fine and doing some hardware checks etc until screen again crashed after mins or so Windows automatic updates are on Avast is updated daily Zone Alarm is constantly running and I do a registry amp temp internet file etc cleanup with CCleaner every now amp again I haven t been running regular anti virus or malware scans though so if something did slip through it could easily have gone unnoticed However I managed to do a quot quick quot scan in safe mode with the latest updated Malwarebytes which found nothing and a ccleaner registry scan also shows up no obvious problems In device manager all looks fine too when expanded Didn t try re-installing drivers here as somehow I don t see this as a graphics driver problem if it s crashing in safe mode and also within the Bios setup screen Oh and of course since it s always crashing windows is running the Chkdsk utility at each bootup which is continually bringing up different results each time too numerous to mention but I have most of them noted if of use Can also post info from all of following if needed SiSandra shows up nothing unusual to me anyway Have Specci installed things looked ok there too Have Hijack this logfile Have Malwarebytes scan logfile So in a nutshell I m quite worn out and stumped for now and any suggestions from the forum would be most welcome

A:Screen Crashing in Normal & Safe mode & in Bios

Please define "crash" as you interpret it...exactly what happens?Let's try this.Download/install BlueScreenView, http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html .Double-click BlueScreenView.exe file.When autoscan is done (screen comes up), click Edit/Select All...then File/Save Selected Items.Save the report as BSOD.txt.Open BSOD.txt, copy all content and paste it into your next reply.LouisIf chkdsk is running at boot...that may indicate a hard drive problem or a file system problem.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/433895/screen-crashing-in-normal-safe-mode-in-bios/
Relevancy 63.21%

I have a Dell Inspiron 570, with Win 7 Home Premium (SP1). I cannot access BIOS, Boot Menu, Safe Mode upon startup. I have tried using F2, F8, F12 numerous times and I have downloaded the latest BIOS update. I have read that I can remove the HDD and force the system into BIOS. I would like to not do that if possible. I appreciate you taking the time to look at my problem. Thanks.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/384047-cannot-access-bios-boot-menu-safe-mode.html
Relevancy 62.78%

As the topic title says really. Randomly surfing the net and was interrupted with a "win 7 security" box and a defragment warning. I restarted the laptop but was quickly greeted with the Win 7 Security box so I decided to restart in Safe Mode.

However, when I run Safe Mode I'm unable to start up any programs so can't run a Malwarebytes Anti-Malware scan.

Help urgently needeed and appreciated!

A:Win 7 Security message - Can't open programs in Safe Mode

Panic over - I think.

Used this and it seems to have worked....
http://malwarehelp.org/win-7-security-removal-2010.html

I was able to run programs by running as administrator.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/388684/win-7-security-message-cant-open-programs-in-safe-mode/
Relevancy 62.35%

Hello I'll try to make this short but it's complicated Recently my computer died After it died it would turn on issue. safe boot get mode/past Horrible Can't into bios even for a few seconds then off turn on for a few seconds then off keeps repeating After some troubleshooting I Horrible boot issue. Can't even get into safe mode/past bios decided it was the mobo so I replaced it with a similar board LG SuperMicro MBD-X SAX-O to fit triple channel ram and my i - processor Put all my parts in then the computer finally booted I am able now to get into bios but when the computer tries to boot windows it is ULTRA SLOW and stays stuck at quot Windows is loading quot screen I then tried to boot from a Windows CD but it won't even let me get that far I also tried Hiren's Boot CD Hiren's BootCD Fan amp Discussion Platform and boot mini windows XP from the CD STILL could not get past the windows loading screen F didn't work at all for any of the CDs to get into safe mode or anything Can't get that far If there's a way to change the Mobo to expect sticks of ram perhaps that's the WMD message then I don't know how on this bios I really need help badly So far I can only get into bios and i navigated but couldn't do much Here's a picture of where it's stuck And a Pic of the WMD Info My Desktop x GB Sticks of Corsair MB MHz ram V ver SuperMicro MBD-X SAX-O Mobo new one i - processor Watt Power Supply x ATI Radeon crossfired graphics cards GB solid state HD Windows Pro OS is on this one TB Storage HDD Both drives are pretty full but i don't think that should stop it from booting PLEASE HELP

A:Horrible boot issue. Can't even get into safe mode/past bios

Hi from Sevenforums,

Have you tried Each Memory Module one at a time?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/331685-horrible-boot-issue-cant-even-get-into-safe-mode-past-bios.html
Relevancy 62.35%

How can I get it so my mouse and keyboard work in windows, safe mode, and the bios without denigrating the performance of my 20 3-8 TB USB 3.0 HD. I've seen out there that the performance of these devices is increased by disabling USB Legacy USB Support"

For example "Disable Legacy USB Support unless you need to use a USB keyboard in DOS, OS/2, or Linux"

However when I do disable Legacy USB support my USB mouse and keyboard don't work in safe mode at all.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/401387-get-mouse-keyboard-work-windows-gui-safe-mode-bios.html
Relevancy 62.35%

My window start freezing, crashing or doesn't show anything on screen after I turn on the power. It happen randomly in window, safe mode and BIOS. It said "overclock failed" and I have to reset the system, but I don't remember ever overclocking it and I already reset the CMOS. This problem occur randomly and my computer DOES function properly in Windows once I passed the freezing, crashing or no screen random start-ups disasters. Seems turning on the computer is the only issue here. I am hoping someone can point me to the source of this problem. What control a computer start-up?

Motherboard: ASUS P8P67 WS
CPU: Intel Core i7 2600k
RAM: Corsair XMS3 16GB
Power: Corsair TX850W
Hard Drive: Western Digital Cavier Black 1TB SATA3 6GB/s
Video Card: ATI FirePro V4800

A:Computer Freeze after 5min in window, safe mode and even BIOS

Could be a temperature problem. Get into the bios & quickly check the temperatures.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/210981-computer-freeze-after-5min-window-safe-mode-even-bios.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Hello and Thanks in Advance I am experiencing BSOD crashes and a buggy driver could be the culprit Dell recommends updating the BIOS prior to Safe to Dell update in BIOS application the Is run Windows Mode? OK it the drivers http forums techguy org windows- -learned-source-problem-bsod-but html I checked Dell s website and the current BIOS for my machine is A and my system Is it OK to run the Dell update BIOS application in Windows Safe Mode? at present is A so maybe this should be done Is it OK to run the Dell update BIOS application in Windows Safe Mode? anyway The BIOS update is just a exe file and its Is it OK to run the Dell update BIOS application in Windows Safe Mode? description is quot Dell Computer Flash BIOS Upgrade quot I am afraid to run the BIOS update in quot normal mode quot because of these persistent crashes Who knows what state my computer will be in if it crashes freezes during a BIOS update My computer runs fine in quot Safe Mode quot Would it be OK to update my BIOS through Safe Mode so that I don t have to worry about my computer crashing in the middle of the update Does the computer care if this is done through safe or normal mode Should I log in as an administrator to do this also If anyone has any advice I am all ears Thanks Chris nbsp

A:Is it OK to run the Dell update BIOS application in Windows Safe Mode?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/is-it-ok-to-run-the-dell-update-bios-application-in-windows-safe-mode.982344/
Relevancy 61.92%

Two days ago my computer was running slow and some Web sites i e Facebook CANNOT MESSAGE MODE; OR ACCESS SAFE HELP! ISASS WINDOWS ERROR were continually failing to finish opening In those cases I would get the message that they were HELP! CANNOT ACCESS WINDOWS OR SAFE MODE; ISASS ERROR MESSAGE quot not responding quot and I would have to shut them down and try opening them again The day before I had run Malwarebytes full scan and Spybot which found several problems and fixed them My firewall and security programs were both running so I didn't run any scans but instead I rebooted my computer into Safe Mode with Networking logged into FB and when I was finished just shut down like normal However when I tried to boot up my computer yesterday it would not allow me to open my Windows XP even in Safe Mode Instead it keeps coming up with the error message quot isass exe - System Error An invalid parameter was passed to a service or function quot and when I click on quot OK quot it simply tries to reboot all over again I have tried running CHKDSK in the Recovery Console but even when it finishes and tells me quot the volume appears to be in good condition quot the error still remains I am also somewhat confused as to whether the error message is beginning with an upper case quot I quot Isass exe a lower case quot I quot isass com or a lower case quot L' lsass exe I am running Windows XP Professional Version Service Pack For security I am currently running Microsoft Security Essentials Comodo Firewall I also have Spybot Search and Destroy available but normally disabled because of the amount of CPU usage it consumes I do not have a Windows XP installation disk I am currently only able to contact you by using my Son's computer Hope you can help me out You've never failed me in the past Coastwizard Randy Merrill

A:HELP! CANNOT ACCESS WINDOWS OR SAFE MODE; ISASS ERROR MESSAGE

you have found the solution here. please follow the link
How to fix System error: Lsass.exe constantly rebooting windows xp | Wild Woods Of Tyrone

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/help-cannot-access-windows-or-safe-mode-isass-error-message-701658.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi tall
I installed some new memory -- now single 4GB chips are cheap enough I upped the ram in my machine to 16 GB.

Works fine -- but on boot there is always a message DDR3 Unganged mode.
System boots OK though.

can I ignore it or do i have to swap the memory modules around -- i don't really want to get at the computer which i've stored out of the way (it's a SERVER) and open it all up again.

Cheers
jimbo

A:Bios message - DDR3 Unganged mode ??

A quick google search does the trick

Quote:
It is amd's version of Nvidia's Locked vs unlocked architecture.

basically allowing you to use your ram in dual channel vs single channel.

Ganged = dual channel mode for ram. All cores get access to 100% of the ram.

unganged = single channel. Each core gets access to a stick of ram.

In theory, the unganged mode is better as each core will get access to data quicker. In theory.

Ganged vs. Unganged Mode - Overclock.net - Overclocking.net

So to answer your question. No, you don't need to worry about that message. It is just letting you know that you're running in unganged mode.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/172746-bios-message-ddr3-unganged-mode.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi My Computer which has Win Xp Sp is behaving like it in behaves Safe is WinXpSp3 in normal even Mode mode Error, safe mode it like is in safe mode eventhough Safe Mode Error, WinXpSp3 behaves like it is in safe mode even in normal mode it is in normal mode I noticed this because Avira Antivir Guard and Update cannot be launched bcz Safe Mode Error, WinXpSp3 behaves like it is in safe mode even in normal mode Scheduler is not running I tried to start scheduler under services msc but can't start it bcz of error safe mode situation I can't use Windows Update bcz of error Error number x C same safe mode condition I ensured that BITS was set to automatic but it can't run bcz of error I have scanned with Malwarebytes Spybot S amp D SuperAnti Spyware in real safe mode - No DetectionHere is the dds log DDS Ver - - - NTFSx NETWORK Run by Administrator at on Mon Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT AV ZoneAlarm Security Suite Antivirus On-access scanning disabled Outdated D B - C- CAB- FF - B B F CF AV AntiVir Desktop On-access scanning enabled Outdated AD - F - A-A -FDD C FW ZoneAlarm Security Suite Firewall enabled BDA - B - F - -F FCFF F B Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunchsvchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k netsvcsC WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avgnt exeC Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exeC WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXEC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Documents and Settings Administrator Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page about blankuSearch Page hxxp server toolbar rediff com toolbar sidesearch html mode toolbaruSearchMigratedDefaultURL hxxp www google com search q searchTerms amp sourceid ie amp rls com microsoft en-US amp ie utf amp oe utf uDefault Search URL hxxp www google com ieuSearch Bar hxxp server toolbar rediff com toolbar sidesearch html mode toolbaruInternet Connection Wizard ShellNext iexploreuInternet Settings ProxyOverride localuSearchAssistant hxxp www google com ieuSearchURL Default hxxp www google com search q smSearchAssistant hxxp server toolbar rediff com toolbar sidesearch html mode toolbarBHO Octh Class b - b - -b f -f b efc - c program files orbitdownloader orbitcth dllBHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dllBHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - f - d - - d f - d progra spybot SDHelper dllBHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dllBHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dllTB Grab Pro c bbcd - ad- ad- - c eacc - c program files orbitdownloader GrabPro dllTB DB BFA -A E - E- E A-C D CBF - No FilemRun avgnt quot c program files avira antivir desktop avgnt exe quot minmRun ZoneAlarm Client quot c program files zone labs zonealarm zlclient exe quot mRun SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXEmPolicies-explorer NoChangeAnimation x mPolicies-explorer NoStrCmpLogical x mPolicies-system RunStartupScriptSync x IE amp Download by Orbit - c program files orbitdownloader orbitmxt dll IE amp Grab video by Orbit - c program files orbitdownloader orbitmxt dll IE Do amp wnload selected by Orbit - c program files orbitdownloader orbitmxt dll IE Down amp load all by Orbit - c program files orbitdownloader orbitmxt dll IE E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - c progra micros office EXCEL EXE IE e f - f - d - - ff ffc f IE CD F -D E - d - FE- C F AFE IE e e dd -d - - b -f ba - windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exeIE FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - c program files messenger msmsgs exeIE DFB A - F - C -A - CAB FD A - - F - D - - D F - d progra spybot SDHelper dllDPF Microsoft XML Parser for JavaDPF -C A- E-A -C C BBF - hxxp download microsoft com download b d bd - - d -a -f adaa f LegitCheckControl cabDPF AD C - E- D -B E - F D - hxxp java sun com update jinstall- -windows-i cabDPF D CDB E-AE D- C... Read more

A:Safe Mode Error, WinXpSp3 behaves like it is in safe mode even in normal mode

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/260848/safe-mode-error-winxpsp3-behaves-like-it-is-in-safe-mode-even-in-normal-mode/
Relevancy 60.63%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium, Service Pack 2, 32 bit
Processor: Genuine Intel(R) CPU T2250 @ 1.73GHz, x86 Family 6 Model 14 Stepping 8
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 2549 Mb
Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 945GM Express Chipset Family, 224 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 112971 MB, Free - 52348 MB;
Motherboard: TOSHIBA, IAKAA
Antivirus: AVG AntiVirus Free Edition 2015, Updated and Enabled

I can no longer see my external monitor. I have hooked it up because my laptop monitor no longer has a functioning backlite/

In the past when this happens I used system restore, but now when I try that it says there is no restore point.

HELP!!

A:Solved: External monitor black in normal mode but visible in safe mode

The external monitor toggle was somehow unset. fn f5 fixed it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-external-monitor-black-in-normal-mode-but-visible-in-safe-mode.1139801/
Relevancy 60.63%

Hello I m hoping someone would be able to help me resolve this so that I can avoid having to reinstall Windows Here s the situation my laptop suddenly cannot boot up anymore it usually hangs when the quot Please wait quot dialog shows up with the text quot Windows is starting up quot but sometimes it goes as far as the login prompt then hangs after I enter my credentials and press Enter When it hangs I cannot even move my mouse cursor I can only think of two things I did out of the ordinary that created this mess I installed the driver for the Turtle Beach AudioAdvantage Micro USB stick audio card before my PC started hanging However after I installed the driver I was forced to reboot and my Normal Mode at Computer Solved: Networking and startup Safe hangs in Mode with computer rebooted just fine I closed my laptop s lid to put it in sleep mode while MyDefrag formerly JkDefrag Solved: Computer hangs at startup in Normal Mode and Safe Mode with Networking was running I have done this in the past without any issues but this time when I exited sleep mode my computer was hanging so I forced a reboot This trouble started after I rebooted I am able to boot up in Safe Mode but not Safe Mode with Networking which leads me to think that maybe some network related drivers got corrupted Some more info on my setup I have Windows XP Pro SP installed v I have Avira AntiVir and Comodo Firewall installed I am not using Hibernation Audio SigmaTel STAC Graphics Intel GMS Chipset Mobile Intel GMS Express Netcard Realtek RTL L Wifi Intel PRO wireless Update I just ran CHKDSK and it shows I have no bad sectors Update I tried disabling my Wifi and was able to boot in Normal Mode However as soon as I turn on my Wifi my laptop hangs again I think I have narrowed down my issue to the Wifi driver I will try reinstalling the driver now Update This case has been resolved by installing the latest Wifi driver nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-computer-hangs-at-startup-in-normal-mode-and-safe-mode-with-networking.1010129/
Relevancy 60.63%

PLEASE HELP My internet will not work will in only [SOLVED] work mode Internet safe explorer regular not w/networking mode, in regular mode only safe mode with networking My trading platform works perfectly [SOLVED] Internet explorer will not work in regular mode, only safe mode w/networking in regular mode so I know my connection is ok I have done HijackThis and have come up with this report Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Safe mode with network support Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader AcroRd exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Documents and Settings Big Wayne Desktop HijackThis exe O - Service Automatic LiveUpdate Scheduler - Symantec Corporation - C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate AluSchedulerSvc exe O - Service Canon Camera Access Library CCALib - Canon Inc - C Program Files Canon CAL CALMAIN exe O - Service Symantec Event Manager ccEvtMgr - Symantec Corporation - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe O - Service Symantec Internet Security Password Validation ccISPwdSvc - Symantec Corporation - C Program Files Norton Internet Security ccPwdSvc exe O - Service Symantec Network Proxy ccProxy - Symantec Corporation - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccProxy exe O - Service Symantec Settings Manager ccSetMgr - Symantec Corporation - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe O - Service COM Host comHost - Symantec Corporation - C Program Files Norton Internet Security comHost exe O - Service Intel R PROSet Wireless Event Log EvtEng - Intel Corporation - C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe O - Service InstallDriver Table Manager IDriverT - Macrovision Corporation - C Program Files Common Files InstallShield Driver Intel IDriverT exe O - Service Image Converter video recording monitor for VAIO Entertainment - Sony Corporation - C Program Files Sony Image Converter IcVzMon exe O - Service LiveUpdate - Symantec Corporation - C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate LuComServer EXE O - Service LiveUpdate Notice Service - Symantec Corporation - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared PIF B E DD - - c -B F- F FCA A PIFSvc exe O - Service MSCSPTISRV - Sony Corporation - C Program Files Common Files Sony Shared AVLib MSCSPTISRV exe O - Service Norton AntiVirus Auto-Protect Service navapsvc - Symantec Corporation - C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe O - Service Norton Protection Center Service NSCService - Symantec Corporation - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Console NSCSRVCE EXE O - Service NVIDIA Display Driver Service NVSvc - NVIDIA Corporation - C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe O - Service PACSPTISVR - Sony Corporation - C Program Files Common Files Sony Shared AVLib PACSPTISVR exe O - Service Intel R PROSet Wireless Registry Service RegSrvc - Intel Corporation - C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe O - Service Intel R PROSet Wireless Service S EventMonitor - Intel Corporation - C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe O - Service Symantec AVScan SAVScan - Symantec Corporation - C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus SAVScan exe O - Service Symantec Network Drivers Service SNDSrvc - Symantec Corporation - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe O - Service SonicStageMonitoring - Sony Corporation - C Program Files Common Files Sony Shared WMPlugIn SonicStageMonitoring exe O - Service Symantec SPBBCSvc SPBBCSvc - Symantec Corporation - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe O - Service Sony SPTI Service SPTISRV - Sony Corporation - C Program Files Common Files Sony Shared AVLib SPTISRV ex... Read more

A:[SOLVED] Internet explorer will not work in regular mode, only safe mode w/networking

Quote:

Originally Posted by wleger2981

PLEASE HELP!
My internet will not work in regular mode, only safe mode with networking. My Norton is out of date as well, but as soon as I get back up and running I will install a newer version..ANy help on this matter is greatly appreciated..

Please do not post your Hijack this logs here. Due to Forum Rules we cannot assist in malware removal here. Have you tried a different browser (Chrome, Firefox etc)? When you say IE only works in Safe Mode with Networking, Do you mean you boot the computer normally and use IE (safe mode) or are you booting the computer into Safe Mode with Networking? In other words you can't boot normally?
If you feel you are infected, please click on the Virus/Trojan link in my signature and post there for more help.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-internet-explorer-will-not-work-in-regular-mode-only-safe-mode-w-networking-605825.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi I am running Windows 'User view Profile safe Getting and message Login' mode Service the Failed cannot Vista Bit Home Premium As far as I know I have all Getting 'User Profile Service Failed the Login' message and cannot view safe mode the latest patches Getting 'User Profile Service Failed the Login' message and cannot view safe mode updates I don't have a CD for Vista I have had no problems until I tried to login today and got the following message 'The User Profile Service failed the login User profile cannot be loaded' I haven't changed anything on my computer between yesterday and today - nothing installed or uninstalled no files moved around As far as I know there have been no major patches updates for any programmes which I've installed My understanding is that the main fix for this is to switch to an administrator login and then fix the corrupted profile but I only seem to have one profile for my computer it is my own home computer for my own use and I've never needed to set up another profile I have tried using the advanced boot option 'Last known good configuration' but that didn't work I have tried logging in using safe mode but when I do this my monitor says 'input not supported' presumably because the display drivers on safe mode are a little off or so I have read I have read that I might be able to use the command prompt through safe mode to get to an old system restore point but obviously I can't see anything once I get through to safe mode Using the low resolution mode from the advanced boot options works but I still only have one profile to log into so it doesn't get me anywhere So my questions are Would rolling back to an old system restore point work And is there any other way of doing this given my current limitations If I managed to get my hands on another monitor so I could see safe mode would that help given that I don't think I have another profile I can log on through If yes what kind of monitor should I try and borrow I don't really want to buy a new monitor just for this to make this work Is there any other way of solving the problem Thanks in advance for all help offered - it is very gratefully received Apologies if I've left out any vital information I am not a computer expert by any means Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/getting-user-profile-service-failed-the-login-message-and-cannot-view-safe-mode-1002754.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hello I have this problem with my laptop - sometimes I cannot login - after choosing the user the screen freezes or after logging in it works only for a few minutes in regular mode I can do things over those minutes like open firefox Computer mode but in safe Solved: regular mode works freezes in but I cannot open folders sometimes Solved: Computer freezes in regular mode but works in safe mode I can open the task manager or Solved: Computer freezes in regular mode but works in safe mode even some programs but then it freezes and I have to shutdown the computer manually by pushing the power button When I tried pushing crtl alt del I got a message quot The logon process was unable to display security and logon options when ctrl alt delete was pressed If the operatin system does not respond press esc or restart the computer by using the power switch quot I don t know if this helps but I try to add as much as I can Sorry it it s not relevant - my knowledge about computers and IT is minimal The computer runs fine in safe mode So I tried system restore to a week before when the computer was still fine and it didn t work So I reinstalled a graphics driver Intel HD Graphics Driver as I found on the internet that similar problems got fixed by reinstalled videocard drivers And it worked everything started to run smoothly again in the regular mode As normally I allowed windows updates and after restarting my computer the problems came back I assumed that the problem was the updates so I uninstalled most of them KB KB KB KB KB and KB but the problem was still there and I was unable to uninstall the last update Microsoft Silverlight so I did the restore again but to yesterday before the updates And it didn t help I ran CWShredder didn t find anything SpyBot found some cookies and a few registry keys but that didn t help either Do you have any suggestions what is causing this and what could I do about it I would appreciate any help My computer is Dell vostro Windows bit nbsp

Relevancy 60.63%

Not sure exactly what happened but couple days ago the laptop started to hang up or freeze when I tried to run any application, such as a browser, control panel, and even task manager. If I need to turn it off I have to hold the power button which I know is not good but otherwise I would not be able to reboot. If I go into safe mode I can use the computer somewhat sluggish but I can at least open up programs and even get on the internet. I cannot do system restore as this had been turned off. I had a conflicting driver issue that I installed, but that has not helped, I dont know what else to do. Please help this is my only computer.

A:Solved: Help, laptop only works in safe mode, hangs up in normal mode.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-help-laptop-only-works-in-safe-mode-hangs-up-in-normal-mode.1012108/
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi Satellite C -F laptop I am trying to figure out how to access the boot menu at power on I have tried f amp f f fn amp f fn tried holding the keys tapping the keys holding for second etc I have tried all the f keys as well tried esc backspace ctr del nothing works what happens when I boot up within second 'Toshiba Innovation' screen appears and then proceeds to load Windows I can access BIOS UEFI via charms-pc settings and navigate to UEFI and get in that way but that won't help if I need safe mode enter or boot to safe unable C850-F0055 BIOS/UEFI up Satellite from mode My settings are - ODD USB HDD boot speed set to 'normal' Secure boot disabled I have a dual boot system with Windows Linux If I put a boot disk in and power up the boot option is totally ignored but with the disk still in and Windows loaded and I access UEFI via the above route enter UEFI and exit again immediately the disk bursts into life and loads the disk as is supposed to happen at start I Satellite C850-F0055 unable to enter BIOS/UEFI or safe mode from boot up have not sure where to go now so any help will be appreciated Cheers Rozzer

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?92626-Satellite-C850-F0055-unable-to-enter-BIOS-UEFI-or-safe-mode-from-boot-up
Relevancy 60.2%

I am new to this forum I have dell inspiron N laptop that started acting up about a month ago Internet works sometimes in normal mode Works in safe mode every time Have tried everything suggested on web to get working Restored to factory defaults tried removed and reinstalled drivers Any help would be appreciated Running in safe mode now Some background Wireless issue have wired to in mode safe not works normal but internet Solved: mode router with no internet problem ISP is Comcast Cable wireless gateway is a Xfinity Arris TC C Came with McAffee which I removed Was using Malwarebytes and Spybot search and destroy Removed them only using Microsoft essentials Have tried Solved: internet works in safe mode but not normal mode turning off firewall and essentials Kids have PC and Xbox wired Solved: internet works in safe mode but not normal mode to router Also have another laptop and wireless XBOX connections all with no problems Sys info Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - M CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R HD Graphics Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc KWJK Antivirus Microsoft Security Essentials Updated and Enabled nbsp

Relevancy 60.2%

Hi,

I'm having problems when I load windows in normal mode. When I turn on the computer everything starts as normal. It's after clicking my name and the desktop loads, nothing responds. It just freezes.

I have no problems when loading windows in safe mode with networking.

I ran a full scan through my virus software, Kaspersky. No threats were detected.

I also tried System Restore twice while in safe mode. I'm still having issues.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!

Relevancy 60.2%

Hi

XP sp3 4 gb ram'

I got a bogus PC Scan virus which cripple my computer:
The desktop was wiped clean of all files.
The quick launch vanished
Internet was disabled
etc

The PC Scan icon appeared in the clock tray. I got bogus warning about buying their product to fix the problems.

I tried to restart in Safe Mode and got the BSOD after the Windows flashscreen appeared at startup.

The tried to restart in normal mode and i got the BSOD.

I disconnected all hardware and tried to restart in safe mode and in normal mode several times and every time I get the BSOD.

I don't know if the PC Scan virus caused the BSOD or not.

I am able to startup from a bootdisc, but the only option is to reinstall Windows

My data is backed up but I would like to recover files from the desktop and program files.

What are my options.

A:[SOLVED] BSOD when starting in normal mode and safe mode

Hi dzz and welcome to TSF,

At this point, considering we cannot acces the operating system, you're left with two options.

1. Perform a System Repair. Boot from the installation DVD and choose "Repair my system". Choose to repair any faults found automatically.

2. A complete reinstallation of your operating system.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/solved-bsod-when-starting-in-normal-mode-and-safe-mode-599208.html
Relevancy 60.2%

I am new to this forum. I have dell inspiron N5110 laptop that started acting up about a month ago. Internet works sometimes in normal mode. Works in safe mode every time. Have tried everything suggested on web to get working. Restored to factory defaults, tried removed and reinstalled drivers. Any help would be appreciated. Running in safe mode now.

A:[SOLVED] internet works in safe mode but not normal mode

I'd guess you have some kind of malware on your computer, have you run a virus scan? I'd followup with something like malwarebytes.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-internet-works-in-safe-mode-but-not-normal-mode-819690.html
Relevancy 60.2%

i have mozilla firefox 3 and yesterday, i did a system restore because my computer was not working, you know, the usual viruses etc. system restore has made my computer normal again except for some problems.

first, a message popped up every time i logged into my account: "one of the libraries needed to run this application could not be found." i'm not sure what application it was referring to! mozilla firefox is not working, every time i open it, it says the connection is interrupted. internet explorer also does not work but msn does work, so i am connected to the internet. mozilla does work in safe mode though. i've turned firewalls off as well. also, my trend micro internet security doesn't work, i can't open it, so i removed it frm my pc and installed avg free 8.

please, i'm not that great with computers so any help will be REALLY APPRECIATED!

Relevancy 59.77%

okay... so i was trying to get into safemode so i could run an antivirus scan, problem is whenever i tried going in safemode the blue screen would pop up and computer would restart. now for some dumb reason i thought maybe i could get in safemode if i used msconfig and selected safe mode from the boot menu. so the computer restarted and now it boots in safemode but the blue screen and restart happen everytime now. ive tried "start windows normally" but that boots in safemode.... ive tried "last known good config..." and that too boots in safemode. so now im stuck, i cant get on windows. any help please?

im willing to start over but i dont know how to do that from here

A:STUCK in safe mode boot, safe mode doesnt work and restarts, REPEAT

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/stuck-in-safe-mode-boot-safe-mode-doesnt-work-and-restarts-repeat.869731/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hey all I have a massive problem with my internet connection but first the backstory I got a piece of malware through a bad download i believe which gave me Antivirus system PRO I m sure some of you have heard of it It hijacked my comp wouldn t let me open any in No ONLY Solved: Mode, Mode! Normal Safe is Internet programs the internet Solved: No Internet is Normal Mode, ONLY in Safe Mode! etc Real nasty I went through safe mode and took it out manually I believe I got it all and now everything in normal mode seems to be working okay except Solved: No Internet is Normal Mode, ONLY in Safe Mode! the internet I have full connectivity while in normal mode strong signal However IE will not open up any web page RSS feeds arn t coming in etc HOWEVER in safe mode IE is a beauty works just fine any page quickly and easily I ve tried a few things thus far ipconfig comes back as media quot disconnected quot tried sfc scannow didn t help anything tried netsh winsock reset and another netsh command can t remember which one nadda ipconfig refresh and renew didn t work probably because everything is disconnected I m out of ideas Anyone please help if you can I m a student going into finals and things arn t looking too hot not having my comp in good form Thank you for reading and I would appreciate any kind of help I ve visited this site before I know you guys are good nbsp

Relevancy 59.77%

I am running a Dell Dimension 8200 with XP Home SP2. Was working flawlessly until this a.m. when it would not reload icons after I tried to get back on from log-in screen. Shut it down and then found it would hang when trying to load windows on reboot. I get a black screen with only a mouse cursor visible when log-in screen should be coming up. No BSOD's or error messages seen. Boots fine in Safe mode, however. I have tried two systems restores and two "return to last working configuration to no avail. Scanned with McAfee Antivirus and Counterspy V2 antispyware - nothing bad detected. Very frustrating.

A:[SOLVED] XP boots in Safe Mode but not Normal Mode

in safe mode go into msconfig/startup
unticl all the boxes not m/soft related and see if it then boots normally
check the device manager for any yellow alongside of anything

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-xp-boots-in-safe-mode-but-not-normal-mode-270825.html
Relevancy 59.77%

I've had this PC for about 4 years now, and in the last year, it has done this twice. I boot up the PC as normal, and about 3-10 minutes later, everything freezes, except the mouse, which can move around. I have to hard reboot after this. I have done multiple tests on the PC, such as memtest86, disk check, core temp (39 degrees) and intel burn test, and got nothing from any of them. I am able to run in safe mode fine, it is just very slow.

PC specs:
Motherboard - Asus P5QPL - Vm EPU
PSU - OCZ400SXS - EU
Harddrive - Brand new Western Digital Red 1TB 64MB hard disk Drive SATA 6gb/s 7200rpm
Video Card - MSI N9600GT - MD512 DDR3
RAM - Corsair XMS3

Any help would be great
Thanks, Simon.

Relevancy 59.77%

Just installed XP Pro on a new machine

Installed drivers - now it wont shut down in normal mode, but will do in Safe Mode

How do I find out what is holding it up

I uninstalled the graphics driver to no avail

I just end up with a blue screen with "Windows is Shutting Down" on it

Thanks

A:[SOLVED] Shuts Down in Safe Mode - Not Normal Mode

Try just click once the power button of your computer, it should shutdown.
If that doesn't work take a look at the Energy Setting (Located at Control Panel)
You should not uninstall the graphics drivers you will need them, a computer without any graphic drivers is useless

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-shuts-down-in-safe-mode-not-normal-mode-475001.html
Relevancy 59.77%

I have a dual boot linux xp system I was looking at partitions - just listing them - in linux and now win xp won t come mode not xp can boot normal win mode, safe Solved: up in normal mode It will come up in safe mode however Can you help me get my quot normal mode quot back When the horizontal moving bar comes up in normal mode it just goes on forever I see the disk light go on for about cycles of the bar It usually runs cycles before giving me the user selection screen Now the disk light goes out after cycle and the bar keeps going I waited cycles before giving up I Solved: win xp can boot safe mode, not normal mode also recently tried to install a Dell XP reinstallation CD I had onto a new partition I have Partition Commander which I only run against Windows partitions The program correctly identified an empty partition and said it had hidden all other partitions This may or may not have anything to do with my current problem It did happen in the time frame of the problem appearing The CD was not able to install XP It said something about analyzing my system I left it to do that as I went out for the evening and when I returned hours later it was still in that state so I killed it nbsp

A:Solved: win xp can boot safe mode, not normal mode

I had done a full back up using Acronis backup software (a new product for me) 3 weeks ago. When I exhausted what meager options I could think of, I rebooted with the bootable Acronis CD and restored that backup. Acronis won my 4 vendor test (others were Norton Ghost, Argentum, NovaStor NovaBackup) for best backup product. It is capable of taking a backup of any partition (linux or windows). I have now tested the restore to all of C. It first deletes the C: partition, then recreates it and copies the image there to. Worked like a charm. Access to XP has been fully restored. Backup took 1 hour, restore took 37 minutes. I'm now a believer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-win-xp-can-boot-safe-mode-not-normal-mode.553211/
Relevancy 59.77%

Here's the situation my daughter and I open her computer to clean it and have a look at the video card We pull the card blow out the dust and reinsert it We also pull one of two memory cards not Mode? Normal Works Safe [SOLVED] Mode but to see what's in there blow out the dust and reset that Now hit start button Windows begins to boot it finds the drives then we see the Windows screen - the three bars dance across their track - but we get a black screen that says Sorry We apologize Windows failed to start There may have been hardware or [SOLVED] Safe Mode Works but not Normal Mode? software changes blah blah blah then it asks if I want to start in Safe Mode Safe Mode with Networking or Normal Mode Safe Mode works just fine No issues using any hardware or software But if I try to start normally it quickly tries to reboot shutting down the video output the monitor goes into no signal - energy saving mode then the process start a new We made no changes We opened it back up and made sure all the cables and connections were secure But no luck Any ideas Thanks yustr and baby yustr

A:[SOLVED] Safe Mode Works but not Normal Mode?

Hi yustr
It could be that something has happened to your video card. In Safe Mode Windows doesn't use the video card but uses the onboard graphics. Have you got another video card that you could try?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-safe-mode-works-but-not-normal-mode-193121.html
Relevancy 59.77%

First things first, I've had a serious issue ever since my computer was reset through recovery mode..the second Firefox loads in normal mode, it completely freezes up, and I'm not even able to end the process through task manager. I tried loading with Internet Explorer, still no luck. Safari same deal. I can only go on the Internet normally through Safe Mode. I have a Windows XP Professional, specifically a Media Center PC. Also, when I log in on windows, there is a "Found New Hardware" box for video controller. I also saw that there was a yellow exclamation near Video Controller and Video Controller (VGA compatible). Is it possible that my video card got corrupted, and is this an easy fix? Please help!

Relevancy 59.34%

I'm new here and in hopes of getting this resolved. I just installed the new Norton Systemworks 2005 and rebooted after installation. When the boot screen got up to the blue screen with the Windows XP logo before displaying the login names where you put in your password, it just stops. I restarted a few times and waiting a few more times thinking it may need to 'finish' installing. But each time gave the same results. Finally, I went in with 'Safe Mode' and got in with no problems. Tried again in normal mode after looking around for any obvious problems (none found)... back to square one. Tried again in 'Safe Mode with Networking' and it failed like normal mode so I suspected a networking problem??? The last thing I tried which made me mad is that I tried to uninstall Norton Systemworks in 'Safe Mode' and that failed!! Anyone in these forums know the cure? :dead:

A:Unable to get to login screen, works in Safe Mode but in Safe Mode w/ Networking

Just a thought

Safe-Mode
Start \ Run \ msconfig \ diagnostic startup
disable any services attached to your most recent install and restart
should get warning next boot about using msconfig, its ok
One key service that needs to be available is the installer service
Try the uninstall, if doesn't complete
Try the uninstall string in the registry only if you know what you are doing

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall

Under it you will see a list of installed programs. Some don?t show up as words but you can figure out what they are by looking at their values. What you are looking for is the uninstall string. Double click that key as if you were going to modify its value. Do a CTRL + C to copy and then exit the registry editor.

Go to START \ RUN and paste the uninstall sting and hit enter. This should launch the uninstall.

Just a thought though as I am not infront of a test system at the moment. You should research this a little further so you have a clear understanding of what you can and can't do with msconfig.

or simpler yet

Safe-Mode

Start \ Programs \ Access. \ System Tools \ System Restore

Select restore point prior to install of whats giving you the problem.

Again, Good Luck

PS If you try to install it again, turn of antivirus and other open programs etc..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-get-to-login-screen-works-in-safe-mode-but-in-safe-mode-w-networking.17957/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hello,

Recently my dad's computer had a corrupted hive and boot.ini. Via this website, I was instructed to run a chkdsk /r while in the recovery console. Everytime I used his OS disk to get into the recovery console, it prompted me for a password and I didn't know it (nor could I leave it blank). I decided to use my OS disk from my computer and I could fix the problem. Now, though, everytime I startup the computer, it prompts me to start windows normally, in safe mode, in safe mode with networking... To give further information...on that same screen there is an option for Windows XP and Windows XP Home Edition. Don't know if that has something to do with it. They both work though when I press enter on either one. Could anyone help me stop the computer from prompting me??? Thank you for any help.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/258208/prompting-to-start-normally-safe-mode-safe-mode-with-networking-upon-startup/
Relevancy 58.48%

I booted into safe mode to try an fix a issue I selected to boot with command prompt butb I have a all black screen an can't get out of safe mode now I restarted the laptop a few times still the same 'anyone know how to fix this?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/12f2b79d-975d-48d3-8135-383a58969e96/booted-into-safe-mode-windows-81-have-a-black-screen-cant-get-out-of-safe-mode?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 58.48%

I recently attempted to clean my brother's computer after he aquired a virus from the torrent file program he uses. Regardless, I cleaned a trojan and a backdoor from his system from safe mode. I can not boot in normal mode. Everytime i try the system gets hung up at the windows loading screen then the screen turns black and sits there. I have to hard reboot. I ahve used a repar CD and i have come across an error 0x800700b7, i have also recived this when i tried to work around this problem "identifier {9dea862c-5cdd-4e70-acc1-f32b344d4795}"

OS= Win 7

A:System will only start in Safe mode, Clean virus in safe mode

You can spend a lot of time trying to fix the boot problem and clean the virus from the computer, or you can nuke it and reinstall Windows. I wouldn't bother trying to fix it, personally - I'd back up what I could and then I'd install Windows again.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/214923-system-will-only-start-safe-mode-clean-virus-safe-mode.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Alright this is a family s laptop that is about or even more years old has windows xp on it w/networking, in safe safe mode or normal not HP Pavilion boot command will in safe, dont know the exact one - - alright My sister has been using it and says she has never done anything to it which i dont believe but anyways this computer will not boot up what so ever everytime you power it on it goes to the screen that says unexpected error software hardware problem yada yada yada and HP Pavilion will not boot in safe, safe w/networking, safe command or in normal mode then it gives you the options of boot in safe mode safe mode networking safe mode command prompt last known good configuration and none of those will work we do have the recovery disks to wipe it but are trying to find a better way if possible and when you try to load into any of the safe mode choices it stops at multi disk rdisk partition WINDOWS System Drivers Mup sys will stay at that for about - mins and then just turn off HP Pavilion will not boot in safe, safe w/networking, safe command or in normal mode if you try to just do normal mode or last known configuration it just acts like it loads with the windows and the little green loading bar then shuts off the more i type the more i think the harddrive is toast but im new and learning so i probably could be wrong Just looking for suggestions Oh and this pc will run very hot so if its a hardware issue i would not be surprised nbsp

A:HP Pavilion will not boot in safe, safe w/networking, safe command or in normal mode

I'm heading to work now ill be back later tonight so just post suggestions and i will try them. =)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavilion-will-not-boot-in-safe-safe-w-networking-safe-command-or-in-normal-mode.157291/
Relevancy 56.76%

After attempting to start my Laptop in Safe Mode, it loaded drivers normally only to crash a few seconds later. A prompt message appears but is impossible to read because Windows immediately reboots upon showing the prompt.

Safe Mode with Networking loads normally.

Any ideas or advice?

The computer is an Acer 4743G running Windows 7 Home Basic x64.

A:Cannot access Safe Mode but can boot in Safe Mode with Networking

Hello Zarmaki, and welcome to Seven Forums.

Since it will startup in "Safe Mode with Networking", you might see if using the tutorial below to troubleshoot may help to find a cause.

Troubleshoot Application Conflicts by Performing a Clean Startup

Hope this helps for now,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/233008-cannot-access-safe-mode-but-can-boot-safe-mode-networking.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Windows just downloaded an update to my ASUS x V laptop and now I can't get it to boot up I've tried booting in normal mode last successful mode safe mode safe mode with command prompt normal, boot safe c-prompt mode with mode, or Can't safe and nothing works If trying to boot in safe mode it gets stuck on crcdisk sys When trying to boot in any mode it eventually hits the blue screen with a STOP error of x E I have also gotten x E and x I am positive it's the latest Can't boot normal, safe mode, or safe mode with c-prompt Windows Update that caused this because my computer at work which also runs on Vista and is also an ASUS had an update yesterday When I came into work this morning and tried to start up it was unable to and did a start up repair That Can't boot normal, safe mode, or safe mode with c-prompt didn't work but it gave me a system restore option which did work Unfortunately my ASUS laptop does not prompt me to do a Can't boot normal, safe mode, or safe mode with c-prompt repair nor a system restore The recovery disk I have that came with the laptop only allows me to do a restore which erases everything on my HD I'm only somewhat computer savvy better at working with them than fixing them so please try to put things in layman's terms Thank you

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cant-boot-normal-safe-mode-or-safe-mode-with-c-prompt-676126.html
Relevancy 56.76%

ok i have a huge problem i no virus scan capabilities in safe mode and in safe mode with networking now i have tried to virus scan mode or safe netwrkg No with safe mode in go back to reg booting and see if it No virus scan in safe mode or safe mode with netwrkg is installed corectly and from the looks of it it is all icons and file folders are there and working now when im No virus scan in safe mode or safe mode with netwrkg in either one of the two safe modes wither im on the amnstdr or mine the software will No virus scan in safe mode or safe mode with netwrkg not open and it won't open here is what comes up when i try to open it from program files quot Faild to start the Symantec Management Client service Error code returned x c i am getting frustrated badly with this i am running XP home ed on an ACER aspier one say what you want but its practical and as you can tell i am running live update Symantec Endpoint Protection and yes everything is up to date i have waxxed the backdoor troj with no prob but i am needing help tring to fig out how to solve this prob so i can make shure i completly killed the attack thanx

A:No virus scan in safe mode or safe mode with netwrkg

Hi and Welcome to BleepingComputer,

Not all anitvirus programs work in safe mode, I don't know about Symantec but I do know my ZoneAlarm does not. I do not see the reason to run it in safe mode. If you are really wanting to run stuff in safe mode, run SuperAntiSpyware in it and just run your antivirus program in regular windows.

Btw, it sounds like you had something on there that has backdoor capabilities and if that is the case, then unless you reformat the computer, it will never be truly safe again.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/290873/no-virus-scan-in-safe-mode-or-safe-mode-with-netwrkg/
Relevancy 56.76%

Yea trying to get ino safe mode. When I do hit safe mode and choose my account to log on instead of going to my desk top the screen goes blank and the words safe mode appear in all four corners.
Any help would be great!
Have a good day
John

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/safe-mode-screen-goes-black-with-safe-mode-in-all-four-corners-194068.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Hello My fathers Gateway laptop Windows Vista bit Model number MD u has recently encountered a problem When you press the power button the Gateway start screen pops up the one with F for BIOS F for Boot Menu in the corner the screen then has a blinking underscore in the left corner the screen goes black then returns to the get at into 64bit get stuck list Gateway Vista Mode Bios, Safe Screen, to can't screen can Gateway start screen and continues to repeat the cycle There are no beeps I can load the computer into BIOS but I haven t really messed with the settings there as I m afraid of wrecking things further I can load it to the Boot Menu and a dialog box with the options CDROM DVD Main Hard Drive Boot to LAN and Enter Setup pops up with the Phoenix Secure Core BIOS ver etc popping up for a second before the dialog box pops up I ve tried to boot the Main Hard Drive to no avail - it just starts the cycle over again I ve pressed all the Vista 64bit stuck at Gateway Screen, can get into Bios, can't get to Safe Mode screen list function keys in hopes to find the menu to boot it to safe mode I Vista 64bit stuck at Gateway Screen, can get into Bios, can't get to Safe Mode screen list know it usually F but figured his computer might be different but the buttons just beep As to how it got this way He left it on hibernate last night and when he tried to turn it on this morning this is what he encountered We figure it might has something to do with Windows Automatic Updates Some history about the sad state of his compter His laptop battery will not hold a charge it works off A C power His CD DVD ROM is dead near dead We ve bought him an external CD DVD drive that hooks into his USB port Sometimes if his external CD DVD drive is plugged in his computer won t start up correctly and needs to be fixed through Safe Mode that very well might be because his BIOS Boot order is CDROM DVD USB Floppy drive Main Hard Drive USB Storage stick USB Hard drive Boot to LAN His computer has needed to be System Restored through Safe Mode recently after he got up to use the restroom when watching a movie on his computer using the external CD DVD ROM at around am and when he got back his computer was off He turned it on and the Gateway screen would pop up and then the screen would stay black That time I could get it into Safe Mode this time it just cycles through the Gateway start screen black screen and back again I have a feeling this problem might have something with windows updates because last night my sister s computer HP Laptop Vista bit started itself up out of hibernation mode at am presumably for updates And I ve seen my father s computer start up out of hibernation mode at am before it scared the crap outta me and the timing before when he was watching the movie seems to fit I ve researched the problem somewhat and have seen that it might possibly be a hardware problem ie PCU Motherboard or RAM I ve tried to start his computer without his battery as well as with and without his external CD DVD drive hooked up Anyone have any ideas to fix this Thanks in advance

A:Vista 64bit stuck at Gateway Screen, can get into Bios, can't get to Safe Mode screen list

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/repair-windows-with-windows-startup-repair/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/468470/vista-64bit-stuck-at-gateway-screen-can-get-into-bios-cant-get-to-safe-mode-screen-list/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hello @all!

Sorry for my English... I'll try to explain it as simple as possible.

We have a computer where only remote access is done. We do not use keyboard or screen on it because we don't need to access it locally.

We had a problem to which I am looking for a solution. After a short power loss the computer started automatically up again but showed the message where you might boot into safe mode... and, as it seems, there is no time out. So we had to change the computer to another place for pressing enter.

Is there any possibility to avoid this message or put a timer?

We are using Windows 7 64bit.

Thanks for any ideas!

A:Avoid "boot with safe mode" message after energy loss

Enter into BIOS and under BOOT you will find "Next Boot after AC power loss" select "Normal Boot".

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/355076-avoid-boot-safe-mode-message-after-energy-loss.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I got this stupid malware problem yesterday, the infamous Windows Warning Message malware, and I had originally run TrendMicro in safe mode and was able to remove about 7 trojans/viruses from the computer. Then I re-ran TrendMicro and was given a clean bill of health. Then when I restarted my computer in regular mode, I was automatically logged off after I typed in my logon password. I then retried to run my PC in safe mode, and I was logged off again. How can I further get rid of this darn virus if I cannot log into Windows to run anything??? Thanks for the help!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-log-into-windows-or-safe-mode-to-remove-windows-warning-message-virus.743530/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hello All:

Have just put together a new system:

1) iDeq case (210V)
a) Bios ID: KM400A-8237-GAGLY09C-0
b) Build Date: 10/20/2004
c) Flash Type: AMIC A2040 /5V
2) AMD Athlon 2400+
3) Windows XP Pro With SP #2
4) More Info If needed

Everything works fine except: the BIOS is reading the Processor as an 1800+ instead of the 2400+ that is installed.

Have looked on the internet and read the Users Manual, but am unsure what the latest BIOS ver. is, and where to get it.

Does any know what to do about this?

Please Help

Thanks
thoyler

Relevancy 55.04%

W7 64bit

trying to boot rig in safe mode.

hold f8 key & it WILL NOT go into advanced options. it just passes preliminary posts, logos etc. and starts w7.

A:[SOLVED] no safe mode

Hi Rita G.

Don't press and hold the "F8" key down. Turn on your computer and keep on tapping the F8 key. See if that helps. Hope everything works out well for you.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-no-safe-mode-614548.html
Relevancy 55.04%

got and old old OLD hp vectra vl running win2k....the problems are thus:

1. cannot boot. get two separate stop errors, the latest being 0x0000006F, SESSION3_INITIALIZATION_FAILED.

2. Cannot boot into safe mode. Every time I attempt to (f8), the screen just hangs at the vectra splash screen.

3. Can get into bios utilities, but can't view the drivers from there.

4. I've replaced the memory sticks; no luck.

The bios is phoenix. I am pretty sure that if I can get into safe mode I can view the device manager and see what is what, but can't even get there.

any ideas?

thanks,

v

A:Solved: safe mode

Hi Tim

I've just done a quick check on the error code you posted, and it brings up this site, with possible hints and tips..

http://aumha.org/win5/kbestop.php

Basically the 0x0000006F: SESSION3_INITIALIZATION_FAILED means, the process creation failure indicated by this error message can only happen during the fairly brief time that the Windows Executive is being initialized, which is during phase 4 of Windows startup. Typically there is a problem with a device driver or with a missing or corrupt system file used during Windows startup.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-safe-mode.420520/
Relevancy 55.04%

Have a Gateway PC running win xp home that was donated to Hospice Office. I updated to xp pro and doubled mem for use on network. PC has run fine for over a year. I tried to do a safe mode but PC will not me log in - even tried other admin attempts but no good. ??

Relevancy 55.04%

I have tried booting into safe mode in Win XP I hit the F key when I am supposed to and it takes me to a screen where I must choose the boot device it displays all my drives I also have the option to hit ESC and just use the quot Safe Solved: You're Mode? How if You Know Do In default quot settings So I choose the boot device my C drive and my computer boots up However there is no indication that i am in fact in safe mode I know that in Win and Win you know you are in safe mode because a pop up comes up and tells you so plus your video is all different Also you cannot connect to the internet in safe mode However in XP Solved: How Do You Know if You're In Safe Mode? everything looks the same there is no pop up message telling me i am in safe mode and I can connect to the internet and use all my programs So how do I know I am actually in safe mode in Solved: How Do You Know if You're In Safe Mode? Win XP nbsp

Relevancy 55.04%

I m working on a PC where I am only able to acess basic safe mode - WinXP Pro with SP Each time I restart the system it brings up the quot Startup Optons quot screen and the only one that works is the basic Safe Mode with Network and Command don t appear to work I ve tried a couple of things Tried to use Last Known good configuration - doesn t do anything Tried to restore to a previous day in safe mode - doesn t do anything There appeared to be a missing PCI Driver onboard sound driver that kept presenting the install dialog - I ve been able to download on another pc the correct driver and install and that to mode safe Can only get Solved: appears to have solved THAT problem but not the start up issues I haven t resorted to the WinXP CD recovery as yet I ll clean-up some more I m running Kaspersky now and have copied over a couple of utilitiy tools such as HiJackthis Hoster cleanup and Grisoft Latest HJT log below Looks like a few thing in it that may be giving me my grief Newname newfrn keyboard and mousepad look very suspicious Directions assistance appreciated Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT Solved: Can only get to safe mode MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running Solved: Can only get to safe mode processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Anti-Virus Personal Pro kav exe C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Anti-Virus Personal Pro kavsvc exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Utilities hijack this HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http searchbar findthewebsiteyouneed com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http searchbar findthewebsiteyouneed com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http searchbar findthewebsiteyouneed com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google ca R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http searchbar findthewebsiteyouneed com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http searchbar findthewebsiteyouneed com R - URLSearchHook no name - EE B -F - BB- FB-A BD B A - no file O - BHO no name - EB E - D E-B -D F - DB FCA - C WINDOWS yarhxsgk dll O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Pop-Up Blocker BHO - C EA -E A - E -A -D B C A - C Program Files Zero Knowledge Freedom pkR dll O - BHO Form Filler BHO - E D-C B- D -B C- E A - C Program Files Zero Knowledge Freedom FreeBHOR dll O - BHO no name - CDF - F - b-A - E A - C WINDOWS DH dll file missing O - BHO no name - C-FEA - AC-ADBC-DE DD F - no file O - BHO XBTB - A B BDED- A - b- DA- C E B - C PROGRA TOOLBA TOOLBA DLL file missing O - Toolbar Toolbar - FBF B - D - FF - CED- D E ABA F - C Program Files Toolbar ToolBar dll file missing O - Toolbar Search - F FE- D-C -CD -D E - C WINDOWS yarhxsgk dll O - HKLM Run MSConfig C WINDOWS PCHealth HelpCtr Binaries MSConfig exe auto O - HKLM Run Zone Labs Client C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe O - HKLM Run TheMonitor C WINDOWS CheckS exe O - HKLM Run tffxwerA C WINDOWS tffxwerA exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run SpeedTouch USB Diagnostics quot C Program Files Alcatel SpeedTouch USB Dragdiag exe quot icon O - HKLM Run Service Host C WINDOWS system Services A BD -A - D - AF- FE D SVCHOST EXE O - HKLM Run RemoteControl quot C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe quot O - HKLM Run Realtime Monitor C PROGRA CA ETRUST realmon exe -s O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run newname C windows newname exe O - HKLM Run NewFrn C WINDOWS newfrn exe O - HKLM Run N... Read more

A:Solved: Can only get to safe mode

* Update ewido

On the left side of the main screen click update
Click on Start and let it update.
If you cannot download the updates, update manuallly according to the directions here.
DO NOT run a scan yet. You will do that later in safe mode.

* Click here for info on how to boot to safe mode if you don't already know how.
* Click here to download Brute Force Uninstaller (bfu.zip) and save it to your C:\ drive.

Next you must unzip the bfu.zip file to its own folder on C:\ so that the path to it is C:\BFU.
The file path must be C:\BFU for the removal to work.

* Next download the alcanshorty.bfu script and save it to the C:\BFU folder.
RIGHT-CLICK HERE and choose "Save As" (in Internet Explorer it's "Save Target As") to download alcanshorty.bfu.
Set the "Save as type" box to "All Files".
Save it in the C:\BFU folder you made earlier
* Now copy these instructions to notepad and save them to your desktop. You will need them to refer to in safe mode.
* Restart your computer into safe mode now. Perform the following steps in safe mode:
* Run Ewido:
Click on scanner
Click Complete System Scan and the scan will begin.
During the scan it will prompt you to clean files, click OK
When the scan is finished, look at the bottom of the screen and click the Save report button.
Save the report to your desktop
* Run the alcanshorty.bfu script:
Start the Brute Force Uninstaller by doubleclicking the BFU.exe in the C:\BFU folder.
In the scriptline to execute copy and paste this line:

c:\bfu\alcanshorty.bfu
Press execute and let it run.
Wait for the complete script execution box to popup and press OK.
Press exit to terminate the BFU program.
* * Restart back into Windows normally now.
* Come back here and post a new HijackThis log, as well as the log from the Ewido scan.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-can-only-get-to-safe-mode.459148/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi, I recently went to run my PC in safe mode to run an AD-Aware scan and then defrag is again, but as my PC is booting up I dont have any options for "DEL to enter setup" or anything like that, it just loads up straight away on to the user log on part. Is there any other way to start up in safe mode? The option isnt there in the accessories either
Windows XP Btw

Thanks in advance

Relevancy 55.04%

I have a Dell Inspiron 8600 operating on Windows XP.

For the past 3 weeks, it was functioning only on Safe Mode; otherwise, it would freeze and nothing happens.

Is there a way that can make my laptop operate normally again?

Will appreciate any help. Thanks.
Manny

A:[SOLVED] Safe Mode only

Hi and Welcome to TSF!

Do you have your Windows XP CD?

How much space is left on your hard drive?

I would recommend trying out CCleaner first.

Make your way to this website here: CCleaner - Download
On the first column where it says "Download from:" click on Piriform.com
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image.

It should now ask you to either Run, Save or Cancel. Click on Run.
Then click Run again.

You should now see the onscreen CCleaner setup guide. Click Next >

Now click I Agree:

Untick the box for the Ask! or Google Toolbar as it will slow you down:

When you get to this point of the setup:

Untick all the boxes accpet the the first and last boxes.
Now click the Finish button and CCleaner should open up.
For the following picutres make sure anything with a RED arrow is unticked and anything with a BLUE arrow is ticked as well as any other check boxes that are shown in the picture.

Now click on the Applications tab:
In the bottom of the program click on Analyze. After that is finished you will see a list of what files will be deleted. Once finished click on Run Cleaner
After the Analyze button:
Once finished it will show you how much data has been removed. You can now close out of the program.

Do not use CCleaner's Registry Cleaner as it could cause problems for your computer!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-safe-mode-only-690127.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi,

I have had a number of problems since last week when i got hit by a nasty virus, after numerious attempts to recover fundtionality my pc is in a state where it constantly thinks it's in safe mode.

From bootup it displays the Administrator sign on and software that I try to install (like much needed new anto virus) will not because it thinks it's in safe mode.
Any ideas???????????

A:Solved: Safe mode NOT

This is a good guide to performing a repair install

http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-safe-mode-not.344578/
Relevancy 55.04%

can some one please tell me how to start a dell inspiron1000 in safe mode. thanks bob

Relevancy 55.04%

When I boot into safe mode as administrator in mt NTSF drive, I get access denied when I try to go into certain folders.

Anyopne know why that is and is there a way to get around that?

Thanks!

A:[SOLVED] Safe mode help....

Right click on the folder and check the security settings. See who has privelages. Normally an administrator should have privelages to see everything. I did have to change the settings by adding the admistrator back into the group one time when there was an unauthorized folder with very damaging looking files on it. Good luck.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-safe-mode-help.208661/
Relevancy 55.04%

I'm not really sure, but I've only been on XP for a few months now. How do I get my computer to start in safe mode?

A:Solved: Safe Mode

After the computer first boots up (usually after it's first post beep) start tapping the F8 key. It should bring you to a menu where you can select Safe Mode.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-safe-mode.309681/
Relevancy 55.04%

When I power up Windows loads to my standard log in screen with user profiles When you select a profile it loads the settings and comes up on a blank desktop - it loads the the wallpaper background for that particular profile but never gets as far as a startup bar or desktop icons - all you in safe in even log Solved: Can't mode XP, to see is the wallpaper and the cursor I guess it is loading up but only get so far I ve tried to startup in safe mode It loads the log in screen with profiles adding Administrator If I click on Administrator or another profile it loads a bunch of files but ends up on a black screen that says quot safe mode quot in the corners but never completes the process to get to Windows I already had malware suspicions and was hoping to launch my antivirus program in safe mode I was also having the quot automatic updates error quot problem I m trying to fix Any suggestions a Dell Dimension E running Windows XP Media Center Edition nbsp

A:Solved: Can't log in to XP, even in safe mode

One clarification: from the blank desktop, I can run task manager with ctrl+alt+del and by running explorer.exe I can get everything running.

But I don't understand why it hangs up at the blank desktop.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cant-log-in-to-xp-even-in-safe-mode.779194/
Relevancy 55.04%

whydoes my safe mode keep on turning off?

A:[SOLVED] Safe Mode

Mmm... please explain more... you tried to enter with F8???

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-safe-mode-475838.html
Relevancy 55.04%

My son has a Windows 7 pc. He recently installed a Windows update, which has messed his machine up. Now he can't get into safe mode by pressing f8, as his pc boots. Is there another way?

Relevancy 55.04%

I cannot stop my computer from starting up in safe mode. I have that stupid web site viewer problem with my labtop, so I went to run then whatever and set my startup to safe mode. I rebooted and the computer won't let me log in with my user id in safe mode. I reboot hit F8 say startup in normal and it still goes to safe mode. I can't do anything at all in safe mode, it won't let me log in. How can i get back to normal mode? Please help! Thanks. Oh I have Windows XP

Relevancy 55.04%

Hello
Unable to start my netbook in safe mode. Packard Bell netbook, recently upgraded to Windows 8. However pressing F2 or F8 or F10 does not bring on 'Safe Mode'

Want to use safe mode to uninstal Aviva A/V as it seems to slow computer.

Any advice?

John

Relevancy 55.04%

Hello friends,

I am in a desktop administration class and I have been given a question I can't seem to find an answer for.

Here is hoping someone may help me answer it.

Here is my question:
Your PC appears to be booting in Safe Mode, however it is not. What is the likely problem?

Thanks in advance.