Windows Support Forum

2 month old desktop just stopped responding.

Q: 2 month old desktop just stopped responding.

I ran into a problem today with a computer that I built back in July I have been using it with absolutly 2 just responding. old stopped month desktop no problem for the past months I was transferring songs to my mp player last night which takes a while so I let it go and went to bed When I woke up 2 month old desktop just stopped responding. this morning the fans of the computer were running but it wouldnt bring the monitor back 2 month old desktop just stopped responding. and the num lock and caps lock keys weren t registering so I reset it To no avail nothing happened I then shut it off and shut the atx power switch off took a shower and came back turned everything back on and nothing happens The only thing that happens is the three lights on the keyboard the cd drive and the harddrive all flash and then nothing happens the fans still run at full speed but nothing shows up the monitor doesnt come on nothing I can t figure out what could have happened in less than hours to disrupt the running of this machine and after only two months of using it less than once a day on average A question I have anybody have a clue as to what could be the problem I tried taking out the ram and starting up but I did not get the three beep alert for the ram which tells me it is not entering the bios Does the BIOS need a processor to run If you think its the processor or motherboard is there a way to positively tell whether it is the one or the other I checked the harddrive in an enclosure and it is working fine Any help would be greatly appreciated I m stumped and Intel isnt open until monday Thanks for your time nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: 2 month old desktop just stopped responding.

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: 2 month old desktop just stopped responding.

CPUs are really hard to hurt unless you break it doing the install into the board or overclock it.

My first guess would be a power supply. This is pretty easy to check; swap in a known good one and see if it works. If you used a ps that came with a case, this is a very real possibility. Most ps that come with cases [however not all] are junk. If you used a name brand unit like antec, enermax, sparkle, etc then it is less of a possibility.

Next guess would be a board failure.

If you post exact specs, it would help ie make and model of board, brand and wattage of power supply, etc.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/2-month-old-desktop-just-stopped-responding.507693/
Relevancy 18.92%

While Intel has dominated the high-performance CPU market for years, AMD continues to provide value to those on a budget with their reasonably attractive range of APUs. Today, the company has announced a new APU, the A8-7670K, that slots into...

Read more

A:AMD launches another desktop APU, the A8-7670K

This is so ho-hum. When are AMD gonna release some real boy racer stuff?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-launches-another-desktop-apu-the-a8-7670k.216692/
Relevancy 18.92%

Hi Could anyone please confirm if I buy Samsung 850 Evo 500GB, will I be able to install this on my desktop? Just looks like it only fits for laptops?

Thank you

A:Samsung 850 Evo 500GB, want to install on desktop

There are adapters available if the drive doesn't come with them packaged. The adapters adapt from 3.5" drive bay to 2.5" drive bay.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...scription=hdd+adapter+bracket&N=-1&isNodeId=1

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/samsung-850-evo-500gb-want-to-install-on-desktop.216637/
Relevancy 18.06%

Intel has launched a selection of new 5th-generation Core processors based on the company's Broadwell microarchitecture. Five of these new CPUs are designed for performance mobile and IoT devices, while two are socketed desktop CPUs for Intel's LGA 1150 platform,...

Read more

A:Intel launches new Broadwell CPUs for performance mobile, socketed desktop

The full list of socketed desktop and performance mobile Broadwell CPUs can be found below.Click to expand...

the two pictures link to only R series (socketed/1364, BGA/soldered to motherboard) and mobile/IOT processors. C series (unlocked, socketed/1150) are not shown in the two pictures but are listed in the article.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/intel-launches-new-broadwell-cpus-for-performance-mobile-socketed-desktop.213613/
Relevancy 17.63%

A leaked Intel roadmap tipped us off in January that desktop versions of Intel's Broadwell CPU would arrive by the middle of this year. We now know that information to be true.

Read more

A:Intel: overclocker-friendly 14nm desktop Broadwell CPUs to arrive by mid-year

Sounds exciting, I'll wait for that to hit the shelfs.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/intel-overclocker-friendly-14nm-desktop-broadwell-cpus-to-arrive-by-mid-year.209438/
Relevancy 18.92%

AMD is today launching the A10-7870K, a new, high-end desktop APU that provides minor spec bumps over the company's previous desktop APU flagship at a similarly competitive price point.

Read more

A:AMD launches the A10-7870K, a new high-end desktop APU

The pricing is what kicks Intel in the nuts, which is great if you going for a low budget computer and don't mind not having a dedicated video card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-launches-the-a10-7870k-a-new-high-end-desktop-apu.213480/
Relevancy 18.06%

I don't really know a lot about upgrading my computer. Any help would be great. Thanks.

A:Budget upgrade for HP/Compaq Presario CQ5000 Series Desktop CQ5802

I forgot to mention I am trying to make it run games like CS:GO and DayZ at a reasonable level.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/budget-upgrade-for-hp-compaq-presario-cq5000-series-desktop-cq5802.212644/
Relevancy 18.92%

I currently own a dell XPS 8300 with the following specs:

Processor: i7 2600 3.4 ghz quad core
RAM: 12 gb
GPU: AMD Radeon HD 6670
PSU: 460W
I am a computer science student and plan on using unreal engine 4 for some game development. I also plan to do some gaming over the next 4 months.

What do you guys think I need to upgrade, if at all? I don't want to spend too much money, I recently received a $75 gift card for best buy and would prefer to use that towards my purchase.

What do you guys think of the following:

ZOTAC GeForce 750 Ti 2GB

Diamond Radeon R7 250 OC 1GB GDDR5

ZOTAC GeForce GTX 750 2GB GDDR5

Relevancy 24.08%

I have no clue if I'm posting this in the correct place but here it goes my Sell insperion laptop worked just fine as of a couple of days ago. We ended up connecting it to the Ethernet cord and it works. We've tried restarting it numerous times and it doesn't recognize any networks. Any suggestions?

A:Wi-Fi stopped working now only works wired

Have you checked under your Device Manager to see if the WiFi was disabled for some reason? Does your Dell have a physical WiFi button, and is it turned on? You could also go to the Dell website and download the WiFi device drivers for your specific laptop. Un-install the WiFi drivers, reboot and then re-install them.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wi-fi-stopped-working-now-only-works-wired.212471/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hi there,

The laptop I have is an asus P550C, windows 7.

This laptop came pre-installed with Mcafee Antivirus protection for a limited amount of time. Wifi was working perfectly fine although there were occasions where the connection would disconnect by itself. After the free-trial ended, I did not want to buy the packaged they were advertising so I went to my Control Panel and uninstalled Mcafee. This was when the problem started to occur. The internet access icon had a red x and when I went to diagnose the problem, it said that I needed to connect via an ethernet cable. Since then, I have connected it with an ethernet and internet works and I have also installed AVG's free antivirus software.

I have tried to
type: ipconfig /flushdns
type: nbtstat -R
type: netsh int reset all
type: netsh int ip reset
type: netsh winsock reset

But I still cannot connect via wifi. Please help

A:Wifi has stopped working but still able to connect to internet via ethernet cable

C:\Users\jay>ipconfig/all

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : jay-PC
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
DNS Suffix Search List. . . . . . : vlan1.phub.net.cable.rogers.com

Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network)
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 54-35-30-05-36-68
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : vlan1.phub.net.cable.rogers.com
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : BC-EE-7B-28-57-D7
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::9dfa:dcc6:3d3b:ae86%11(Preferred)
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.20(Preferred)
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : March-27-15 4:14:52 PM
Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : March-28-15 4:14:52 PM
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
DHCPv6 IAID . . . . . . . . . . . : 247262843
DHCPv6 Client DUID. . . . . . . . : 00-01-00-01-1A-51-D7-D4-BC-EE-7B-28-57-D7

DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled

Tunnel adapter isatap.vlan1.phub.net.cable.rogers.com:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : vlan1.phub.net.cable.rogers.com
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft ISATAP Adapter
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-E0
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No

Tunnel adapter isatap.{A9DA0935-EE1F-4A59-8A97-DDA13A7DFFEA}:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft ISATAP Adapter #2

Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface
IPv6 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 2001:0:9d38:90d7:2c47:1b6c:9c1d:d26b(Pref
erred)
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::2c47:1b6c:9c1d:d26b%14(Preferred)
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : ::
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Disabled

C:\Users\jay

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wifi-has-stopped-working-but-still-able-to-connect-to-internet-via-ethernet-cable.210787/
Relevancy 49.45%

I and Driver responding stopped recovered has purchased an HP-f wm with an Intel N processor about a month ago It s running Windows I also bought a mouse for it since it s not a touch screen that allows me to scroll side to side and makes not having the touch screen easier to Driver stopped responding and has recovered operate The what I thought was Driver stopped responding and has recovered mouse started freezing in the middle of using it to surf the net or working in documents it Driver stopped responding and has recovered just freezes for a bit then starts working again Last night I got an error message after it did this saying the driver had stopped working and recovered I didn t notice that it said which driver I found a fix for this on the Microsoft website but it was for Windows I have tried to do all the updates that it needed when I first got it but I have to do them a few at a time as they fail if I try to do them all at once I have gone through and done several of these one at a time Recent updates have successfully installed it s just the ones needed when I first started using it that are a problem I have about left from Sept-Dec Any advice would be appreciated I got this from Amazon so I have no support nor can I return it nbsp

A:Driver stopped responding and has recovered

Two suggestions:

Try installing the software under "Windows 7" preferances. When you go to install the software (I do not have windows 8.1 myself, just going off Windows 7 features) Right click the installer and go to properties. Under "Compatibility" select "Compatibility Mode" as "Run this program in compatibility mode for" and select Windows 7.

Also select the "Priviledge Level" to make sure there is a checkmark in "Run this program as an administrator"
The other option is to find any driver software that is installed with the mouse and ensure that it is changed to these settings as well. If you want me to go into depth about how to do that I can explain further. But the general idea is to find the .EXE for the software that starts with windows and change the properties to the same as you did with the installer.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/driver-stopped-responding-and-has-recovered.208879/
Relevancy 49.02%

hello techspot, I keep getting this error when I play games in my computre. what should I do to fix this error?

A:Display driver stopped responding and has recovered

I get this error every once and a while. Updating your GPU drivers usually solves the issue. Do you know what GPU you are running? Post your full system specs below and then we can go from there.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/display-driver-stopped-responding-and-has-recovered.204745/
Relevancy 18.92%

I would like to get gaming desktop computer and would like to know if Alienware would for get compute to I like under gaming $650 desktop or computer from Dell or Dell Alienware is good way to go or not Are mini computers like from Alienware or from Dell good for gaming http www dell com us p alienware-x -r pd aspx Are these Alienware or mini computers good for gaming Or is full desktop tower better I was thinking of buying computer of ebay Looks like it may be good computer http www ebay com itm AMD-Quad-Co pt LH DefaultDomain amp hash item b d But I think it may be build computer kit You have to put the computer together Buying computer from Best buy you are stuck with brand name computer like Acer or Gateway being very cheap and low budget computers or HP or Asus better and more costly computers I would like to get gaming desktop compute for under $650 CyberPowerPC and iBUYPOWER Gamerner PC both over price and not reliable computer lots of lots hardware problems I would like to get gaming desktop compute for under $650 and outdated Well build computer kits are good but you have to put it together and you get no software and windows does not come with it And Best buy office place business depot or target computers are over price and like years old Not sure if I should go for a full tower or mini tower The computer will be hooked up to my big TV for gaming I will also be doing some video editing and sound editing too and some basic Microsoft office apps Some games will be The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim Dark Souls Witcher Dragon Age II Divinity II Diablo Mass Effect Far Cry Risen Fallout Grand Theft Auto and Doom so on The budget no more than Is Dell Alienware or ebay a better way to go nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-would-like-to-get-gaming-desktop-compute-for-under-650.210559/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hey,

Yesterday, I was working with my PC while my 1TB Seagate external hard (http://www.amazon.com/Seagate-FreeAgent-Ultra-Portable-External-STAA1000101/dp/B0045JLPMO) was plugged in via USB. The USB connection was a little bit loose.

Then when I was plugging a USB flash memory in, I noticed that the external hard was disconnected.
I connected it again, but it didn't appear in My Computer.
Here is the state in Disk Management and Device Manager:

After that, I plugged out the "SATA to USB converter" from the hard and connected it directly to SATA cable inside the PC case (like internal HDD), but this time nothing showed up in Disk Management, Device Manager and BIOS. However, it took a long time for the system to boot.

I searched and read lots of threads and tested some other stuff:

(It didn't appear in Minitool Partion Wizad).

I've got a lot of data on this HDD which really matters to me.
Any help is really appreciated.

A:FreeAgent 1TB External Hard stopped working (unknown, not initialized)

Hi there Sedhadi,

If your HDD is failing the manufacturer's tests it is probably dead. IF you need to get your data back look for a reputable data recovery company in the area.
Hope that helps.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/freeagent-1tb-external-hard-stopped-working-unknown-not-initialized.208828/
Relevancy 25.8%

Every time I shut down my Inspiron 15 using windows 8.1 when I boot back up I get an error message proxy server not responding when I try to go online. I then have to go to the connections tab of internet options and click lan settings and uncheck use proxy server for your lan. Is there something I can do to get around having to do this every time I boot up?

A:Proxy server not responding

Never mind, I researched microsoft's website and reset ie settings to solve the problem,

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/proxy-server-not-responding.207513/
Relevancy 24.08%

I have a toshiba satellite C870-11H. It used to ask for the password whenever it went to sleep. I checked and the system is still set to do so.

Some time ago I got fed up with the clowns at Microsoft thinking their latest update was more important than whatever I happened to be doing and destroying the work I was doing so they could load their rubbish. I set the system to ask me before doing an update. Well it doesn't bother to do that and now very rarely it does load an update without authority. Could it be that my system is now way out of date?

Is there a customer focused operating system that I could use instead?

Thanks.

A:Laptop stopped asking for password

Every OS is customer focused. Microsoft is for non-Mac machines and getting things done. Linux is more powerful but requires more techy-ness to use.

Maybe try Mac OSX.

But there's nothing wrong with Windows. Sounds like you have a decent amount of problems.
Run WIndows update, make sure it's completed every update.
Run CMD.exe in admin mode, run sfc /scannow

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-stopped-asking-for-password.204405/
Relevancy 25.8%

My Buffalo HD which is actually a WD 500GB Hard drive. I opend it up and connected via SATA adapter but still the problem persists. I checked the drivers. Looked for clicking noise as in dead hard drive but none of those problems seems to be there. Also I tried formatting it but was unable to do so. Can anyone tell me whats the cause? It still may be the head problem but its not clicking as a dead hard drive does. It also seems to be spinning just fine but can't get to the root of the problem. Does anyone knows whats the problem?

A:Hard Drive Not Responding

Could be some issue on the PCB. Suppose if you were really dedicated to getting your data back you could buy the same drive off eBay or wherever and swap the boards. That may be more difficult to do since Buffalo may not have stuck to WD the whole time OR WD supplied a special series of drives to Buffalo. Check the model numbers to be sure before going that route.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hard-drive-not-responding.206015/
Relevancy 23.22%

My year old ACER Aspire keyboard just stop working in a couple of capacities First the numbers on the key wouldn t type at all Checked Num Lock fine then stopped some thing... Laptop working wrong the type and keys tried to type numbers at top of keyboard well some typed the right number but most didn t or typed more than one number Ran Webroot Anti-spyware and Anti-Virus clean Then I shook my computer to see if any crumbs or foreign materials were throwing something off clean Took out battery nada Restored computer to the day before any problems Changed nothing Pressed every Laptop keys stopped working and some type the wrong thing... key to see if something was stuck or key broken None The Delete Backspace Enter and Space Bar do NOT work at all So basically the entire keyboard is not working due Laptop keys stopped working and some type the wrong thing... to something If I type any one key some of them type what I wanted but continue to type the letter or number until I log out of my Google Engine I have always had issues with the keyboard I will be typing along and the cursor will randomly go back to previous sentences and start typing what I am currently typing It is so annoying Why is it hopping all over the place A computer major friend who teaches computer classes said to write to Google and maybe I would find others with similar problems I found several quot sticky keys quot problems but none on point with none of the keys working or working properly He suggested perhaps a Trojan Horse virus but my sweeps come up clean Can anyone help me Thank you Shawnascy nbsp

A:Laptop keys stopped working and some type the wrong thing...

It could be a virus. But It also could just be your keyboard is bad. You may need to take it to your local repair shop if it. Is a laptop and have them check the keyboard out for you. I really do not think it is a virus.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-keys-stopped-working-and-some-type-the-wrong-thing.204613/
Relevancy 18.92%

Hi friends I just recently upgraded my desktop with a bunch of what I thought was great parts (over $1000.00) to make my editing life more enjoyable, well I'm shocked to find out after testing both the same projects on both my laptop and newly upgraded desktop ,my laptop rendered the project faster than my big desktop, I'm just wondering why. I was expecting my desktop to render the project twice as fast!
Here are the specs on my laptop and desktop computers, can anyone explain to me why my laptop was faster. I used Corel VideoStudio ProX7 on both test.
Thanks

A:Desktop verses laptop

It shouldn't. Maybe there's something wrong with your hard drives. But there's no way the laptop should beat your desktop.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/desktop-verses-laptop.204561/
Relevancy 24.51%

Not only has the wifi stopped working I don't even see the list of available networks anymore. I must plug in the Ethernet cable to access the internet. I think I may have a virus. I just purschased this laptop a few months ago. It is an Acer Aspire

A:Wi-Fi stopped

First, ensure the driver is healthy. Use the command prompt to run devmgmt.msc,
[+] expand the Network Adapters and the NIC and WiFi devices should be there without and red/yellow flags

You might look for driver updates for the WiFi

What make/model is your router? Have you undated it YET?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wi-fi-stopped.204390/
Relevancy 18.06%

So heres the story The computer has been working fine for several years Last night I decide to D850MV/D850EMV2 long Three desktop board beeps on Intel plug in my tv to the desktop via dvi It Three long beeps on Intel desktop board D850MV/D850EMV2 works fine and I dont have any problems I get home today and try and turn the computer Three long beeps on Intel desktop board D850MV/D850EMV2 on and I dont get any video signal to either the tv or the normal monitor Also long beeps accompany start up it sounds as though things boot but I dont get video or sound but it sounds like the hard drives click now and then like normal and the fans all run fine Ive swapped the first ram stick with one other and havent tried the rest yet and I have not changed the video card yet but plan to in the next minutes as of writing this Nothing looks physically damaged and I dont have any extra ram for this computer laying about since its a rambus so all I can do is swap the ram thats in it around and because I cant get video I cant run a test on the ram Suggestions or help would be appreciated Specifically what the long beep codes mean ive Three long beeps on Intel desktop board D850MV/D850EMV2 found a couple different versions of the code online and not sure which is correct Also what might have caused the problem plugging the tv in thats the only thing I did different unless someone was messing around with it without my knowledge or could it just be from years of wear or what nbsp

A:Three long beeps on Intel desktop board D850MV/D850EMV2

I think three beeps on Intel is a memory issue. At least that what it was when I had a stick of cheap RAM crap out on me.

I'd run Memtest and go from there

RAM can fail from a number of causes. Heat exposure, flaky transistor junctions, who knows. I seriously doubt plugging the TV in had anything to do with it.
You could go into BIOS to ascertain if the RAM voltage is set correctly. Over-volting is a DIMM killer.

You should be able to get documentation for that board directly off Intel's web site. Intel used to give BIOS beep codes ion the board/chipset manuals.

They also have hardware monitor software as a free download. Look up "Intel Desktop Utilities Lite".

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/three-long-beeps-on-intel-desktop-board-d850mv-d850emv2.191367/
Relevancy 18.92%

I have tried to fix a mates sony vaio's hdd issue. Re installed windows, and it boots fine from my pc. When I put it back into the laptop it doesn't boot. gives a blue screen with some writing on for a split second, then nothing - black screen....

Any ideas?

A:HDD will read in desktop but not laptop

Are both the same version of Windows? Win/7 & 8 don't like XP or Vista boot environments

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hdd-will-read-in-desktop-but-not-laptop.203466/
Relevancy 19.35%

Looking to build a new computer with the maximum price of $2,000
I need:

At LEAST 16 GB RAM
At LEAST 500 GB SSD
Run any game smoothly
Windows 8+ compatibility
Intel, NO AMD, WHATSOEVER
nvidia graphics
Thanks for any recommendations.

A:New Gaming Desktop

I made this: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3P7tG

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-gaming-desktop.202647/
Relevancy 19.35%

I need help in assembling a desktop, the specs are core i3, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD. please help me with other components and its exact specs. thanks

A:Assembling a desktop PC

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-post-all-pc-building-queries.119618/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/assembling-a-desktop-pc.202912/
Relevancy 18.92%

After dismantling this pc ,
I'm left with the Monitor & decided to see if it would work on my Vista Vaio laptop & it does.
BUT, I don't need the same thing on both screens (laptop too) & I ignorantly ignored the instrctions on how to make it external monitor only. The external monitor is a Compaq Q1859. I will bookmark this thread & will also need to know how to reverse it if need be down the road, thank you.

A:Compaq Desktop monitor on a laptop

After messing with the settings in the Control Panel>Display setting, I gave up & put the monitor back in the closet where it'll sit until someone in here helps or I find out how to do it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/compaq-desktop-monitor-on-a-laptop.201233/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hi mouse and responding after Keyboard not bootup Its been a while since I last posted here boy has this site changed I generally know how to fix my pc problems when they arise and if I dont google has been my friend but I have ran into something that has me banging my head on the desk My pc that I built just over a year ago or so has been running smoothly until today I woke up from a nap and booted up my pc and neither my mouse or my keyboard would respond My microphone is also plugged in via USB the light on that is on as with my caps lock key on my keyboard but my mouse light will not turn on after I tried unplugging and replugging it Please note Keyboard and mouse not responding after bootup I am unable to enter bios since I cannot get my keyboard working I also am not able to run in safe mode because that also requires keystrokes Keyboard and mouse are in good working order as I am using them now on my Keyboard and mouse not responding after bootup secondary PC one that got replaced to type out this thread I took these steps unplugging the USB connections and re-plugging them back in - no results - restarted pc - no results unplugging the USB connections and re-plugging them back in in different locations - no results Keyboard and mouse not responding after bootup - restarted pc - no results unplugging USB mouse and used the USB to PS adapter to plug it back in via PS - no results - restarted pc - no results So now that I am unable to get into bios or safe mode what are my options I was thinking of just trying to re-install windows but only as a last resort Thanks in advance I dont think my current system specs are needed to help fix this issue but I will include them just in case to save you guys time Processor Intel core i Motherboard ASRock Extreme X Cooling NZXT Kraken X Memory Geil Enhance Corsa DDR GB Video Card s EVGA SuperClocked GTX Titan Hard Disk s OCZ Vertex GB SSD Toshiba TB HDD Optical Drive ASUS External BR Burner Power Supply CoolerMaster Silent Pro Hybrid w Software Win Keyboard CoolerMaster Storm Mechanical Mouse ROCCAT Kone Pure nbsp

A:Keyboard and mouse not responding after bootup

Nvm for now, it seems to be working now, but not with my mechanical keyboard, I reverted back to an older usb 2.0 keyboard and now it and my mouse both work fine.

though, my mechanical keyboard does work fine on my old pc.

so still a lil confused on that.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/keyboard-and-mouse-not-responding-after-bootup.201260/
Relevancy 34.83%

I m sorry if this is in the wrong 3 laptop on Many with issues month place - I d really really appreciate some help though I have a month old Toshiba Satellite A couple of weeks ago after Many issues with 3 month on laptop a Windows Update it went a bit wonky saying there were corrupt files I ran sfc scannow it found some things but couldn t fix them I did chkdsk and sfc a couple more times after which it said all was okay but the Windows Update Troubleshooter thing still said there were corrupt files and I was getting the odd error Many issues with 3 month on laptop and a few warnings in event viewer Sick of fiddling with the thing I did system refresh - after which all seemed okay for a few days during which I chose to not look at event viewer - partly cause I was getting too stressed with it and partly in the hopes that after the refresh then having to install about updates I d give it some time Many issues with 3 month on laptop to calm down or something Yesterday - I noticed everything was running rather slow so I rebooted the machine then everything was running extremely slowly I checked task manager and it said disk use and RAM use although nothing was running save a webpage and task manager I was advised that the Skype app which came pre-installed on the machine has never had issues before and I have used all of once was causing some problems so I uninstalled that I ran Avast anti virus scan nothing found I tried to run sfc scan but it said quot another servicing or repair operation is currently running Wait for this to finish then run sfc again quot Not a clue what that might have been I tried a few times wouldn t run At this point I gave in for the night Today I have ran sfc scan - nothing found Usage for disk RAM and CPU are still high although varying a lot Disk was even down at for a while earlier I notice that Google Chrome is in the Task Manager times I don t think this is normal I have one window open only One of the listings is for the Chrome app which I am not using Avast is in there twice once with the logo and once without I don t know if that means anything About times so far today my cursor has frozen for a few seconds There are a few errors and warnings in event viewer I have a copy of this on skydrive and can put a link on here if anyone wants to see it In brief the warnings are ESENT which viewer says is likely due to hardware problem yay ESENT again says probably hardware Kernel-PnP x DNS Client Events The errors are Service Control Manager terminated unexpectedly Application Error TrustedInstaller exe x Application Hang for wwahost exe and LiveComm exe x DistributedCOM x Apps Those are all the ones since yesterday morning Sorry if that s too much info or not enough I d be very grateful for any help - a new laptop shouldn t be this much hassle I phoned the Toshiba number as it s under warranty only for the guy to tell me he would have advised me to do anti virus scan sfc scan then check task manager - all of which I d already done and if I wanted more in-depth advice I could sign up for extended warranty for a one-off easy payment of just Swines Thank you very very much in advance I can t tell you how grateful I will be if this can get sorted If restore to factory settings thing will magically fix everything then just give me the word and I ll do it I have backed up my files and any apps or programmes installed I don t care enough about to warrant putting up with these issues Though the OS came preinstalled on the laptop so I don t have it on disc don t know if I might need it if I do a reset The OS is Windows nbsp

A:Many issues with 3 month on laptop

I would suggest that you restore the laptop to it's "like new" settings and re-apply all the Windows updates

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/many-issues-with-3-month-on-laptop.199993/
Relevancy 18.49%

This is For a Parts Buying Desktop Building Gaming my first time to build a computer so I want to know if Buying Parts For Building a Gaming Desktop the parts I m getting are good with each other and could say run battlefield and assassins creed on high or ultra and run a skyrim modded to hell with a good enb Here s the parts I Buying Parts For Building a Gaming Desktop have selected so far Case http www newegg com Product Produc E Monitor http www newegg com Product Produc Buying Parts For Building a Gaming Desktop E DVD Drive http www newegg com Product Produc E Hard Drive http www newegg com Product Produc E Network Adapter http www newegg com Product Produc E Graphics Card http www newegg com Product Produc E Sound Card http www newegg com Product Produc E Power Supply http www newegg com Product Produc E Keyboard http www newegg com Product Produc E Memory http www newegg com Product Produc E Motherboard http www newegg com Product Produc E CPU http www newegg com Product Produc E CPU Cooler http www newegg com Product Produc E Int SSD http www newegg com Product Produc E Thermal Compound http www newegg com Product Produc E Desk Decoration http www newegg com Product Produc SIA Y can t resist the Tali man And also I m a little confused on the SSD and HDD deal I was customizing a pc on maingear to just get some bearings on what I needed and they had a gb SSD as a caching drive and a T HDD as the main drive But I also heard that you want SSD as your main because its faster What is a caching drive and what difference will it make nbsp

A:Buying Parts For Building a Gaming Desktop

Don't get Velociraptor. Get a 1TB WD Black instead.
Caching drive: uses the HDD for files, but stores commonly-accessed stuff on the SSD.
For best performance, get an SSD and use it for OS and core productivity programs. Then store games/media/documents on the HDD.
Don't need additional LAN card.
Why are you buying an additional audio card? It's nice, but your mobo comes with a decent one to begin with.
It's probably cheaper to get TWO dual-channel 2x 8GB RAM kits, instead of the quad-channel one.
Maybe spend a little more on CPU cooler, since you're getting the top GPU too. May I suggest a ~$100 all-in-one water cooling kit.
120GB SSDs are better value these days.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/buying-parts-for-building-a-gaming-desktop.199552/
Relevancy 18.92%

Would it be possible to use a dell poweredge 1850 as a desktop computer?

A:Using Dell Poweredge 1850 as desktop?

Its a computer so yea you can, you can install a normal windows version on it and run it as a basic computer. I had a family member who bought a cheap server from dell and did the exact same thing just because it was cheaper at the moment than the desktop options (It was a pretty low end machine).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/using-dell-poweredge-1850-as-desktop.198620/
Relevancy 19.35%

I apologize in advance for the annoying noob question.

I just moved into my brother's old house. I have misgivings about the electrical outlets and the wiring in the place. I lost my old AVR during the move. Now I have to buy a new one.

I've got a Corsair AX1200 PSU installed in my aging machine. Will a 1500W AVR suffice? Should I get something bigger?

I don't do any heavy computing at all. All I do is work on MS Word documents, play games and surf the web. I might lay down a few tracks and record a little music sometimes. But that's it.

Thanks.

A:AVR for my desktop PC

1500 w should be more than adequate. While the PSU is rated 1200 w, how much wattage does it actually use normally? Do you plan on plugging other devices to the AVR (monitor, router, etc.)? I don't have an AVR, I do have a UPS w/ AVR. Maybe something to consider if the wiring is iffy.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/avr-for-my-desktop-pc.197201/
Relevancy 19.35%

Hello!

I want to build a gaming desktop and I also would like some oppinions about what I am looking at the moment. I have an idea, because I made my search and found some cool stuff here, but I want to discuss it with you guys to have some oppinions about what it would be my gaming rid.
I mainly use the computer for gaming: Battlefield 3, League of Legends, Diablo 3, FIFA 13. I also like to watch movies in Full HD (1080p).
I hope you guys can help me, cuz I want to build a PC in 2 weeks.

CPU ______ Intel Core i5-3570 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor
Motherboard ______ ASRock Z77 Extreme6 ATX LGA1155
Memory ______ C48 4GB DDR3 1600MHz (2x)
Storage ______ SanDisk 2,5'' 128GB SATA3 SSD - Hitachi Deskstar 500GB SATA 3,5'' 7200RPM
Video Card ______ Asus GTX660-DC2-2GD5 VGA
Case ______ Antec VSK-3000 EU
Power Supply ______ Antec HCG 620 M-EC

Thankyou very much

A:Gaming Desktop

What is your budget?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gaming-desktop.196531/
Relevancy 18.92%

I have a custom built desktop computer I've had for a few years now. It worked just fine up until a few weeks ago, when I moved. Now it resets itself, once, about 5 seconds into the boot process but stays on after that and I'm not getting any signal to my monitor.

A:Desktop not working after move

Check the cabling is correct and tight - - disconnect and reconnect the monitor cable.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/desktop-not-working-after-move.196125/
Relevancy 18.92%

I dont know much about assembling one but im pretty sure that buying parts will save me money. and I only have $800 budget for it. can anyone give me a list? (im making one from scratch)

Thanks. I really appreciate your help.

A:Assembling a gaming desktop pc

For 800 bucks, let me see what I can do:

Im assuming America, and do you need a monitor, keyboard, and mouse.
Also what about OS?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/assembling-a-gaming-desktop-pc.196066/
Relevancy 24.08%

So earlier today I was going to a friends so decided to put my laptop in hibernate mode I have used this before with no problems but stopped Laptop working when I got back and opened the lid of my laptop nothing happened I tried moving the mouse and pressing the power button although I ve never Laptop stopped working had to do this before it always comes on when I open the lid the power light came on but no fans no sign of the screen coming on I tried holding down the power button to turn it off although the power light still stayed on I removed the battery and put it back in and got the same problem power light on but nothing else I tried taking out the battery and using my charger still got the same problem I am using windows and a couple year old Toshiba laptop cant remember name at the moment but if needed I could probably find out Any help ideas are greatly appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:Laptop stopped working

Sounds like the motherboard has fried...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-stopped-working.195220/
Relevancy 18.92%

HP Pavillion with Windows Vista
Using a Diamond 300 mbps Wireless Repeater
Netgear Wireless Dualband Router N600 WNDR3400v2

When attempting to open IE, a popup opens that says:
Connect to 10.0.10.254
The server 10.0.10.254 at GoAhead requires a username and password.
Warning: This server is requesting that your username and password be sent in an insecure manner (basic authentication without a secure connection).
User name:
Password:
and OK and Cancel

In device manager, computer doesn't recognize a wireless device.
It displays NVIDIA nForce 10/100 mbps Ethernet but nothing else.

Other devices (laptop,Ipad) can connect to the wireless in the home.
Internet provider says it is not on their end.

Can someone please offer some advice on how to resolve this issue.

Thank you

A:Desktop Wireless network not connecting

Go to Device Manager, find the wireless adaptor. It should have a yellow ! symbol next to it.

Post details here, then you need to install the drivers for it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/desktop-wireless-network-not-connecting.195589/
Relevancy 24.08%

So I have a inch mac mid Its a Mac OS X Lion So I bought this hard disk Samsung gb ST a year or two ago and then did the correct formatting so it could run on the mac This summer I took it off my mac for about a month and now I felt like listening to Wilko s Yankee Hotel Foxtrot and realized it was on the hard disk so I put it back on and now its not showing up It was fine before I tried going in disk utilities and it shows up there so I verified it and although it didn t notify me for any repairments I still clicked on working on stopped Hard disk mac My repair and it didn t help Theres a lot more info there then just that album a whole lot of great movies tv shows and a big library of great music that I was looking forward to get back into as well as a couple programs also plug ins for my My Hard disk stopped working on mac ableton so now I cant open up my projects either So I really don t wanna format it Any help will be greatly appreciated theres a lot of info on this hard disk nbsp

A:My Hard disk stopped working on mac

In Disk Utility, does the disk show a partition? If so, highlight that partition, and then in the bottom left of that window there will be a blue clickable 'link'. Click that.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-hard-disk-stopped-working-on-mac.195829/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hi I have a HP Laptop it?s but with newish software running vista. Its all been working fine form about a year or so. The other day some of the keys stopped working, I have not dropped it or spilled anything on it. I turned it and when I tried to go back in to it, it came up with the black BIOS screen. However as the keys were not working it would not let me select anything (i.e safe mode) it times down to open in the already highlighted section which was rum window as normal (or something like that) it then gave a blue screen and said it was doing a crash dump. After this it went back to the black BIOS screen and repeated the whole thing. Its stuck in some sort of loop. I don?t have any disks to reinstall what can I do???

A:Laptop keys stopped working and now I can use BIOS

I'm going to have your thread moved to a more appropriate hardware forum. Consider the possibility tat the keyboard may be defective and you may have to replace it. That is no problem- I just replaced mine.

Stay subscribed so you'll know when you get reply.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-keys-stopped-working-and-now-i-can-use-bios.171636/
Relevancy 18.92%

Hello guys what's up?...im looking for some ideas I have an old desktop that work just fine its a hp compaq dc5100 mt and I didnt want to throw it away I was wondering what should I do with it beside running ubuntu or playing old games? I already have a media server at home so yea I need some fresh ideas guys just some project I want to work on..thanks later.

A:Looking for some advice for disposal of desktop

There isn't much you can do with it. I'd say donate it to someone who could really use it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/looking-for-some-advice-for-disposal-of-desktop.194932/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hi everyone was hoping I could get some help here I m External stopped with Drive working has Hard windows a pretty advanced user so I External Hard Drive has stopped working with windows ve already done the usual troubleshooting and everything but my problem persists I have a TB external Hard drive that I ve been using for like months I ve never had any problems with it until now It suddenly decided to stop working on windows I ve tried it on around different windows PCs and laptops ranging from XP to windows and it doesnt work on any of them It does however work perfectly well on Ubuntu This has led me to believe that there is either a windows-specific virus on it or something I have opened it up and connect it via SATA cable as well so its not the casing When the hard drive is plugged in the light is on and a new drive Local Disk E shows but it should be called Touro and I can t do anything with the drive if I click on it windows explorer freezes When I open Disk Management it sticks on quot Connecting to Virtual Disk quot something but never ever loads but the second I take the drive out it continues to load and works normally I have scanned the entire drive took a day and found no threats so I am completely stumped Basically I either need someone to tell me the exact problem and a way to fix it without formatting my drive or alternative ways around it Thanks in advance nbsp

A:External Hard Drive has stopped working with windows

What file system does the drive use?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/external-hard-drive-has-stopped-working-with-windows.194722/
Relevancy 24.08%

I don't know why but some games that I play have no audio. I go in the settings of the games and its not the game itself. I think its my computer and I'm not sure if its some settings that got put on some how. One thing im confused about is, it's not all the games, some do have sound but its not the ones I play the most. What should I do?

Games I play are, Without sound: StarCraft 2, Diablo 3, Team Fortress 2, Garry's Mod (or simplified my Valve and Blizzard games)
With sound: Terraria, Realm Of The Mad God,

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/audio-for-some-games-stopped-working.194687/
Relevancy 18.92%

Im thinking about building my own gaming computer. For games like Minecraft, WarZ(Infestation), Arma 2, and other Steam Games. I want to know what would be some good specs for a gaming computer?

A:Good Spec For a Gaming Desktop

What is your budget? Will you need to buy a monitor and peripherals (Mouse/Keyboard/Speakers) or do you have those already? What is your preference for CPU (Intel or AMD)?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/good-spec-for-a-gaming-desktop.194643/
Relevancy 18.92%

This is a gaming desktop that I want to buy and build, but I don't know if it is even any good. I want to be able to play at least PlanetSide 2 on medium graphic settings (or higher), but I also don't have a very large budget. I want to keep it at or below $500. Any advice?

https://secure.newegg.com/WishList/MySavedWishDetail.aspx?ID=28017067

A:First Gaming Desktop Idea

Edit:

The link above is wrong. Here are the links to the parts:

Case - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811156261
Power - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817153023
HD - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16822236339
MB - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813138345
RAM - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820231474
CPU - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16819113286
GPU - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814127726

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/first-gaming-desktop-idea.194371/
Relevancy 24.08%

My son was using my computer temporarily for work. He was uninstalling Abobe Illustrator and needed to restart to complete the uninstall. When the computer restarted, the monitor ceased to get a signal from the computer. Have tried unplugging the monitor for a bit, tried restarting in safe mode - nothing has worked. Has the monitor somehow been fried from just a restart?

A:Monitor stopped working after uninstall

Really I don't think it fried from a restart. It just may have went bad. Have you tried another monitor to make sure. It could also be your on board Graphics or graphics card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-stopped-working-after-uninstall.194220/
Relevancy 18.49%

Hi im pretty good with problems but this one is doing my head in now the problem is im not sure what the actual problem is the symptoms include corrupted desktop display game crashing corrupted firefox display these symptoms are not continual and dont Corrupted game crashing desktop display, appear after boot up ati smartgart reports agp is off adjusting it makes no difference the system is old but has been very reliable mobo is asrock i gv with onboard vga cpu dual core intel mem gb o s xp pro sp graphics card ati radeon mb agp directx all drivers are current including chipset drivers things ive done reinstalled graphics card and drivers and onboard vga drivers ive tried using the onboard Corrupted desktop display, game crashing vga without the radeon installed but have same problem have disconnected all usb devices but no change have tried other hdds with xp pro o s and still have the problem this makes me think its a hardware problem mobo perhaps have checked forums but no help anyone have any idea any help would be appreciated its got me baffled the worst symptoms are when trying to start games and these games are old and according to their requirements this system is well above the recommended they recommend pentium or above thats how old they are lol oh and I have a superfast modern pc but this one was the first I built so it has sentimental value hence not keen on scrapping nbsp

A:Corrupted desktop display, game crashing

1st 3 lines lead me to believe currupt grapics card might be wrong but desc top games etc all use graphics..
I do think its got something to do with graphics I could be totally wrong but seams very strange how mainly problem is when starting games. or maybe psu could be faulty and now supllying enough power lets see what the real tech guys say

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/corrupted-desktop-display-game-crashing.193672/
Relevancy 18.92%

As the title says I need help creating a gaming PC I am new to the world of creating gaming computers so I don t know to much on the subject I have looked at a few articles here and there about it and was planning on just making it myself but I decided it would be better to have suggestions and help from others If anyone could give me any tips on what I am truly looking for Desktop a Need help creating Gaming in a gaming desktop or if anyone could suggest or create one I would be grateful My price range is to I am leaning towards the - range but past that is doable If there is anything else you guys need to know Need help creating a Gaming Desktop just reply Once again any help or tips would be greatly appreciated Thank you Things I would like my desktop to be able to do have - Play Need help creating a Gaming Desktop most newer games on Medium to High settings Need help creating a Gaming Desktop - Around a Terabyte of memory - - Gigs of Ram nbsp

A:Need help creating a Gaming Desktop

CPU: AMD FX 6350 ($130)
Motherboard: ASUS M5A97 R2.0 ($100)
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 4x2GB ($70)
GPU: EVGA GTX 650Ti Boost ($170)
Power Supply: Corsair TX 650 ($90)
HDD: WD Caviar Black ($95)
Case: Corsair 200R ($50)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-creating-a-gaming-desktop.192954/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hi,

I have had an Iomega external hard for a year now and it used to work perfectly, until suddenly, my computer (Mac) won't detect it anymore.

When I turn it on, the blue light comes on and I can hear the disk spinning inside, but there is no trace of any external device connected to my mac. I've connected through USB and Firewire with no success. Going to disk utility, only my internal hard drive appears.

It simply just stopped showing up on my computer. Does anybody have any advice to get my hard drive working again?

A:Iomega External Hard Drive stopped being detected

Try a different usb & firewire port physically on your mac & try a different cable. If no dice try it on a different mac or even on a PC, see if the other computer detects it. many times w/ external hard drives the enclosure fails but the drive is ok. worse case scenario the enclosure is bad & you can remove drive to put in another enclosure, or the whole thing could be hosed. try this, post back. thanks!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/iomega-external-hard-drive-stopped-being-detected.192596/
Relevancy 18.92%

Not sure if this is the right forum thread to post this. I'm replacing an Hp Pavillion P6597C and don't know what to purchase or where to purchase it from. I loved my Pavillion but it's crashed on me three times it's first year and again a few weeks ago under the extended warranty.

I'm not a gamer, but do work from home on my computer daily. All my printers are Hp as well as my laptop. I've contacted Tiger Direct and they've recommended an Hp Compaq Elite 8300 (item H24-2406), plus they had a Gateway that was comparable, but I've heard pros and cons about Gateway. A former boss of mine recommended I contact Newegg and PC Mall for pricing too.

Any recommendations would be appreciated. I'm told I should stick with at least 6GB and either an i5 (or i7) processor.

Thanks!

A:Recommendations on where to purchase a new desktop?

This forum is all about how to get the most out of your computing experience and we're always happy to help anyone to accomplish this, whatever their budget or intended use. We usually recommend building your own, because for the same money you'll have a better PC, with more reliable parts and a clear upgrade path. But not everyone has the time or confidence to pull it off, so for them a pre-built OEM system is the only viable option. If this describes your situation, then by all means you should go that route. But first, you should know this; the Elite 8300 and most other systems like it are built with proprietary power supplies and motherboards, so you're stuck with the cheap 320 watt power supply (but not cheap if you have to buy one from HP), and the motherboard doesn't even seem to have a standard 24 pin connector. If you click this link you'll see what I mean - http://bizsupport1.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c03612799/c03612799.pdf
There are OEMs that build with standard ATX parts, such as these - http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2023376&Sku=SYX-1112 RF
http://www.ibuypower.com/lobby.aspx
I ran the ibuypower system configurator for a system geared towards your needs, and this is a screenshot of the result -

A little more than $600, but much better all around. Go to ibuypower.com and try the configurator yourself, the options are extensive, and you can easily configure a system for $600 if that's you budget cap. I started by clicking on the "Intel Z77 i5/i7 $959" button, but you could also click on "Intel Z77 i5 $719".
EDIT - I didn't include an operating system, so if you need one, be sure to select it in the configurator.
If you do decide to build your own, let me know and I'll help you choose components. Good luck!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/recommendations-on-where-to-purchase-a-new-desktop.191543/
Relevancy 24.08%

I have a problem with my desktop PC The USB ports are not working so I can t use my keyboard or mouse I m not sure if it has any connection with this but today I tried installing a SSD to my system with no luck While doing that I set the BIOS to AHCI as I read that would be the most optimal Well I kept getting errors trying to install Win to the SSD so I decided to save it for a later time Then I turned off my PC unplugged the SSD and plugged my HDD back in On boot up I entered BIOS and set settings to default After this my USB ports stopped working I have tried turning off my system unplugging the powercord and the CMOS battery for at least minutes with no luck I have also tried plugging my keyboard into every single USB port my PC has I can t even enter BIOS or press F to enter safe mode now Any suggestions stopped USB ports working I m using WinXP and my motherboard is a Gigabyte GA- A-UD nbsp USB ports stopped working

A:USB ports stopped working

Borrow or purchase a ps2 kb. Enter BIOS and enable USB KB/Mouse. I'm not sure it is called exactly that, but it is something similar that you will be able to find. I too have a Gigabyte motherboard (older than yours even) and have had problems with it liking USB kb inputs until I explicitly set that in the BIOS. What is weird is sometimes USB will work if that isn't set, or sometimes it will half-*** work, as in I could get into the BIOS or force the boot selection menu, but then the kb wouldn't work.

So bottom line is, I know what you are describing, but I don't know of a good fix, outside of just acquiring a ps2 kb which will get you out of this situation 100% of the time.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-ports-stopped-working.191629/
Relevancy 18.92%

Hello everyone I m a casual gamer and I have finished building my dream rig sans discrete video card materials used coolermaster haf advanced case bought Desktop advice graphics PC in u s coolermaster hyper evo cpu cooler bought in u s arctic silver thermal paste bought in u s intel i - k processor bought locally asrock z extreme bought in u s x gb ddr - mhz gskill bought in u s tb sata hitachi bought locally lite on dvd-rw x bought locally seasonic M II w psu bought in u s looking for an ideal budget discrete gpu operating system installed windows pro x games I like starcraft broodwar starcraft wol and hots diablo lod diablo metro current monitors available x lcd LG or x led Acer single monitor gaming only single monitor upgrade plan up to quot x only but NOT at this time what video card can you suggest for my simple needs I am currently looking at an asus gtx gb gddr selling at about u s equivalent asus gtx dcII is being sold at a much higher price asus gtx ti gb gddr and powercolor gb gddr for about u s equivalent thanks for any suggestion I am not from the u s so I have to accept high retail price Desktop PC graphics advice and few items available at nearest retail store a sibling working in the u s will come home probably in or early but I can t wait that long my other desktop computers intel dh tc with intel core i - stock speed stock hsf palit NVidia gt gb ddr x gb ddr - windows home premium x dual boot with windows pro x years ecs g t-m with intel Pentium dual core e stock speed stock hsf evga g mb ddr x gb ddr windows home premium x years ecs h h -m with intel g stock speed stock hsf x gb ddr - no discrete graphics unit windows pro x year nbsp

A:Desktop PC graphics advice

I think that the 7850 would be the best option out of the cards suggested, so I'd go with that one. If you can save your pennies, I'd get a 7870, as it will give you way better performance.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/desktop-pc-graphics-advice.191176/
Relevancy 18.92%

I have an Hp Pavilion G7 and it is remotely connected to my wife's HP desktop. I have windows 7 and she has xp pro. whenever I am at home I connect to her computer and view my home surveillance cameras but when I go to a different location it will not allow me to connect. also I can connect to my work remote computer at any location.

A:Remote desktop connection problem

Sounds like a concept issue.

Remote Desktop needs the firewall to enable inbound port 3389 as a default. That will allow ANY pc connected to your router to use RD.

However, for some system outside your LAN (eg your work environment accessing one of the home PCs), the router must forward port 3389 explicitly to the LAN address of the target machine.

I am sure you did this long ago and just forgot about it, so log into your router and verify there is a port forward listed there.

Now the bad news is you can only PF to one machine and to see another, the router config needs to be changed.

It might be possible to enable UPnP in the router to enable an auto-config, but that would take some "inside knowledge" of how the lan was configured.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/remote-desktop-connection-problem.191088/
Relevancy 25.8%

I suspected I had malware, but went through many steps on the other forum topic to have the same problem of internet explorer not responding. It will not load any webpages. I've done a repair install of Windows 7 SP1 and all the critical/important updates have been installed. I am using IE9. Any ideas what could be causing this problem? It seems to have started about a week ago. Google Chrome doesn't seem to be affected, but sometimes it seems resources are being used by something else. That is why I suspected a virus or malware. Any suggestions? Could this be a hardware problem?

A:Internet Explorer not responding

First issue is to resolve the question

is tcp configured so I can access the Internet
if it is, then what's stopping the browser(s)
Solving (1).

Get a command prompt (start->run->cmd) and enter

ping 8.8.8.8
If you get timeouts, then tcp is a mess.

if you get timing data, then try

ping google.com
If you get timing data, the TCP is just fine, otherwise the first ping worked by the second doesn't means
the TCP settings for your DNS are missing or wrong

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-explorer-not-responding.190933/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hello,
I have a problem with SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio on my HP - nc6220 laptop, WinXP professional sp2.

SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio just stopped working, I tried reinstalling it but it always says that there was a problem during installation and it might not work properly.

In Control Panel>Sounds and Audio devices it's all grayed out so I cannot do anything there.
In device manager there is a yellow exclamation mark, I tried disable-enable but it does not help.
I also tried updating the driver, re-enabling windows audio in services, even reinstalled Windows and installing sp3.

Also I tried an USB sound card and it is working well.

Is there anything else I could do, or maybe SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio is just broken and cannot be fixed?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/soundmax-integrated-digital-audio-stopped-working.190808/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hi
I am using a iomega prestige external hard drive. I have uses this for years with no problem. All of a sudden it as stopped working. It shows up in the listed devices but is inaccessible. It shows up as drive e in the device management. I have assigned another drive letter but with no success. I have removed and reinstalled with no success. It just will not show up in the my computer part. The drive makes no noise and the light does not flash but is receiving power. When I removed the item it did reinstall again no joy. I am now worrying as I have important data on it. My virus scanner also recognises the device and when I run this it finds nothing to scan. Can anyone help?

A:Iomega Prestige external hard drive stopped working

Use the Disk Manager to view the partition - - there should be some info if you click on the device. If not, the partition damaged.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/iomega-prestige-external-hard-drive-stopped-working.190614/
Relevancy 23.65%

Everything was working fine for a few weeks now it just refuses to connect I ve tried Internet stopped working, unidentified network MULTIPLE fixes for this problem but just cant seem to get it back and running again Im using a Linksys Wireless Gaming WGA G Ver which has always worked in the past amp was originally working on the PC until it randomly stopped All my other devices PC s can connect just fine I have a Netgear Router amp A Motorolla Modem both up to date PLEASE HELP THIS IS FRUSTRATING I ve tried -Resetting Router Modem Multiple Times -Changing Router Frequency from to -Changing MAC Address -Deleted Norton Antivirus -Deleted Bonjour -Tried Windows Repair -Tried System Restore to when it worked Nothing seems to be working Heres my ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Frostymcburg-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Internet stopped working, unidentified network Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R DC- Gigabit Network Connection Physical Address - F-E - - B-A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe ef ab ad e Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - E- B- A- - F-E - - B-A DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap D - C- - E -A DF DC Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

A:Internet stopped working, unidentified network

chris iagallo said:

Everything was working fine for a few weeks, now it just refuses to connect. I've tried MULTIPLE fixes for this problem but just cant seem to get it back and running again.

Im using a Linksys Wireless Gaming WGA54G Ver. 2.1 which has always worked..... I have a Netgear Router & A Motorolla Modem. both up to date. PLEASE HELP!!! THIS IS FRUSTRATING!Click to expand...

So how are these wired? Like this?

Code:
ISP==> Motorolla --->NetGear--->WGA54g ??
(copy and correct if necessary)

I've tried:
-Resetting Router/Modem Multiple Times
-Changing Router Frequency from 6 to 11
-Changing MAC Address
-Deleted Norton Antivirus
-Deleted Bonjour
-Tried Windows Repair
-Tried System Restore to when it worked

Nothing seems to be working....Click to expand...

good try, but Bonjour is useful
WHAT VERSION OF WINDOWS? XP, Vista, Win/7

Heres my ipconfig /all:
Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : Frostymcburg-PC
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid << great
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Intel(R) 82566DC-2 Gigabit Network Connection
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-1F-E2-56-5B-A8
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::25ef:53ab:67ad:9e20%11(Preferred)
Autoconfiguration IPv4 Address. . : 169.254.158.32(Preferred) << this is the bug
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.0.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . :
DHCPv6 IAID . . . . . . . . . . . : 234889186
DHCPv6 Client DUID. . . . . . . . : 00-01-00-01-17-4E-5B-4A-00-1F-E2-56-5B-A8
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : fec0:0:0:ffff::1%1 << these fail because IPv4 failed
fec0:0:0:ffff::2%1
fec0:0:0:ffff::3%1
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 6:
-----
Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 7:

You LAN connection is via ethernet cable and it can not find the router TO WHICH IT IS ATTACHED.

*unplug the Wireless Gaming WGA54G until the wired works.
power off the modem
power off the Netgear
*unplug the Wireless Gaming WGA54G until the wired works.
disconnect the computer from the router
Now wait 30-40 seconds between each of the following steps:
power up the modem
power up the Netgear
reconnect the computer to the netgear

get a command prompt and enter IPCONFIG

cope the results of the Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection: section and stop just short of Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling
come back here and paste the results

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-stopped-working-unidentified-network.190284/
Relevancy 18.92%

So I bought a Xeon CPU Intel Xeon E - V to put on a Asrock Mobo ASRock Z Pro The CPU desktop a mobo on Xeon idea was the Xeon CPU is less expensive and doesn t have the built in graphics that the i s do Since I had planned to use a discreet graphics card I figured this was Xeon CPU on a desktop mobo a good plan So I looked up the Mobo on Asrock s site and it said the Xeon CPU is compatible So I ordered it Got in the other day and I could not get it to boot with the Xeon CPU Computer would beep times very quickly Looked up the beep code - says quot Processor Error quot After spending about a day screwing with it calling custom PC shops around town and looking online I didn t have an answer Other people seem to have done this succesfully but not me I guess I finally said screw it and picked up an i locally I had to get this computer running to get work done Computer runs fine with the i CPU So now I have this Xeon CPU sitting in its little box and I would like to find a desktop Mobo to put it on and use it to replace one of the other old computers we have around here Does anyone know of a board that is confirmed to work with a Intel Xeon E - V Or am I just completely off my rocker Thanks nbsp

A:Xeon CPU on a desktop mobo

Your MOBO may have just needed a BIOS update.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/xeon-cpu-on-a-desktop-mobo.190115/
Relevancy 23.22%

I was playing Dard siders Suddenly I got a call in my mobile So I left the game running w o pausing and attended the call Suddenly I saw my monitor screen went off I checked the power connections VGA cable connection b w the monitor amp the CPU They were all fine I just can t see anything in the monitor The monitor 7750 HD fan display working & 1GB) (Powercolor Radeon No stopped LED is showing the status of quot no I p quot LED going on amp off I got confused and tried forced shutdown amp restarted the machine Everything is perfectly normal Even the beep sound from CPU But still there is no No display & fan stopped working (Powercolor Radeon HD 7750 1GB) display I was wondering whether the problem could be with the graphics card And later I confirmed it I found it lying dead inside the cabinet The fan is not running Hence I changed the VGA cable from the GPU port to Motherboard VGA port I saw the machine is ready for login in the monitor screen Therefore I decided that there is no issues any other components inside the cabinet I still had a doubt in the PCI slot of the motherboard Hence I swapped the GPU with another standy GPU ati radeon hd which I was using before I got the display from this card too Finally I concluded that the problem is with GPU only I was shocked since I bought this card for - INR last month No display & fan stopped working (Powercolor Radeon HD 7750 1GB) only Even I changed My PSU which provides Watts added GB of additional RAM amp a additonal CPU fan I still dont understand what has caused this failure I removed the card to see any H W faults But there is nothing in No display & fan stopped working (Powercolor Radeon HD 7750 1GB) the card It still looks good When I reseat the card amp turn the power on The fan starts to rotate amp stops immediately spins less than quarter of sec Can anybody suggest any troubleshooting which can be done from my side Or please explain what has happened nbsp

A:No display & fan stopped working (Powercolor Radeon HD 7750 1GB)

Could not really tell you why the card went bad, But they do sometimes. If you have a warranty on it . I would send it back for a replacement. Seeing as it not your main board . All your other video graphics work.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-display-fan-stopped-working-powercolor-radeon-hd-7750-1gb.186625/
Relevancy 23.65%

There is some problem with my font USB ports. All was fine until yesterday when they stopped working. I havent made any hardware change. Installed windows 8 but that was last week.

I connect my Logitech Gamepad, the LED switches on but it doesnt show up in the control panel, works when connected to the rear USB port.

Please help..

A:Front USB ports suddenly stopped working

You might have to open up your case, trace back the cable, and re-plug it. It could be detached, or the USB controller on the front ports could be fried somehow too.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/front-usb-ports-suddenly-stopped-working.189467/
Relevancy 18.49%

Okay I've been posting alot of treads about my 2.93ghz stock dell I want to get atleast 3.4ghz it has tons of fans in it it runs at 20C anyone know some programs to oc it? its a Optiplex 210L

A:Overclock Intel Celeron D in Dell desktop

Since you say your PC is a Dell, I don't think you will have any options to over-clock.

Celeron's are locked processors, so you don't have the option to increase the multiplier.
Dell as well as other manufacturers usually lock the BIOS, so you wouldn't be able to increase the base frequency either.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/overclock-intel-celeron-d-in-dell-desktop.189602/
Relevancy 22.79%

Help!!! yesterday it still working but today,no sounds come out from the speaker,I used headset to test it and it's work,but when I unplug my headset it still no sound,I already try to reboot using safe mode but getting confused.. what can I do???
f.y.I : I already check the sound driver,no question marks appeared.

A:My Acer Aspire 4741G laptop sounds suddenly stopped working

"I already checked the sound driver, no question marks appeared"... Do you mean no exclamation points like this (!)? If you can hear normal sound from the headset the sound driver is okay. This could be caused by a keyboard setting. Make sure the sound is all the way up and that it is not muted

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-acer-aspire-4741g-laptop-sounds-suddenly-stopped-working.189508/
Relevancy 24.08%

I was using the internet on my laptop and the conection went off for a few seconds. After that, I couldn't access the router anymore, not even by cable. So I tried, te basic turn it on and off and I could access it by cable, but the wireless is still not working on my laptop. I checked if the wireless board was properly configured and everything seems alright.
I think the problem is on the laptop because the wireless works on my phone and tablet!

A:Wireless stopped working on my laptop

Is there by chance a switch you might of accidently flipped or a set of keys you accidently touched that tripped it?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-stopped-working-on-my-laptop.189738/
Relevancy 18.92%

Hi
I have a desk top pc, which loads up and then I cant get onto the internet. We know we have internet as we run a laptop. I have tried a system restore, this has not made any difference. I have cleaded temporary internet files and run free avg 2013 to see if I have any viruses.
One day we can get on and the next we cant, any ideas? The computer also appears to be a little sluggish (only 2 years old).

Any help is appreciated.

Many thanks,

A:Desktop PC works intermittently

What operating system do you have?
have you tried re-installing the LAN driver?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/desktop-pc-works-intermittently.188421/
Relevancy 18.49%

Hi, I wonder how much physical damage a gaming desktop can withstand, like loosing it in the ground, just move it around for a good distance etc.? And how long is the average lifetime for a gaming desktop?
Thanks for reading!

A:How much physical damage can a gaming desktop withstand?

Hi, I wonder how much physical damage a gaming desktop can withstand, like loosing it in the ground, just move it around for a good distance etc.? And how long is the average lifetime for a gaming desktop?Click to expand...

You will receive more replies if your question is clear. Right now, I can't say I understand what you're asking. But, I will try and see if I can answer your question.

The amount of damage a desktop can go through all depends on material the case is made out of. What 'damage' it is actually going through and the frequency it incurs the damages. If you're talking about moving a desktop from one place to another. For instance, you're going to a LAN party and you're moving it from house to house. You do put your machine at risk, but it all depends on how you handle it. I am pretty sure if you are careful the desktop wont go through any damage.

However, if you're talking about intentionally dropping a PC or dragging it around (why in the world you be?). Then, again, it all depends on the material the case is made out of. As well as how well put together the build is in general. I am sure most people will not want to think about what may happen to their machines if they dropped it on the floor. The damage could result in parts breaking or coming a loose. Problems that I believe you will want to avoid.

When it comes to a Gaming PC's lifetime. It all depends on the parts that are used. For example, I could build a PC today with all the latest parts and it will probably last me a good 5-8 years. However, I can't say you will be able to call it a "gaming" PC 8 years from now. At the rate technology advances the machine would probably only retain it's "gaming" title for another 2 or 3 years.

Hopefully that clears up something for you. And, maybe someone with more knowledge on the matter will chime in.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-much-physical-damage-can-a-gaming-desktop-withstand.188967/
Relevancy 18.92%

Dear friends,
I was wanting to open up my desktop CPU, with the case. I wud be disconnecting all the input wires to avoid any kind of shocks. But, I thought, if I wud be removing all its parts I.e. HDD RAMdisk, motherboard... , and if I join them back to its earlier locations (just to get an insight of my CPU in detail), wud it affect my earlier work done on my Desktop? Wud I have to re- install the OS? Will it change any of my earlier used settings in the Desktop?
Please advice...

A:Will it affect my earlier desktop settings?

Doing this could cause the computer not to "see" the hard drive any longer, thus not being able to boot up properly. Is it really worth doing this?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/will-it-affect-my-earlier-desktop-settings.188429/
Relevancy 24.51%

I have windows xp on my netbook. I manually removed the Internet Security 2012 virus. I checked and my tcp/ip is running but my netbt has stopped. When I go to
start>run>regedit
HKLM/system/current control set/services
NETBT is missing completely
Can anyone help me please. I cannot connect to the internet. I am pulling all 00000's

A:How to fix netbt stopped

The Netbt is NetBIOS over TCP and used for accessing systems on your LAN, not the internet per se.
You should be able to use email / browsers without netbt. Suggest you start by issuing IPCONFIG /ALL
and ensure your tcp settngs are correct.

In the meanwhile, I'll refer you to How to reinstall NetBIOS

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-fix-netbt-stopped.188656/
Relevancy 24.08%

I tried looking around for a solution but can't seem to find anyone with a similar issue to mine. I just bought an ASUS usb n53 wireless adapter. I was previously using a Rosewill wireless adapter just before I installed the new one and everything with my connection was fine. After I downloaded the drivers off the disc and tried to open the utility program for the adapter I get this message: Wireless Lan Control Manager has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
Not sure what I need to do at this point. Thanks in advance for the help. Just let me know any info you need for me and I'll post back asap.

A:Wireless adapter has stopped working

I tried going to the ASUS website and downloading newer versions of the utility and drivers but to no avail. I also tried turning off my anti virus software but that didnt work either.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-adapter-has-stopped-working.188388/
Relevancy 18.49%

Heres my problem I have shared my wireless connection on the laptop, hooked up an ethernet cable from desktop to laptop but its saying unplugged on desktop there is no light by the ethernet port on desktop, both computers running windows 7
now I have tried 4 different cables that I know work, both the ethernet ports on the laptop and desktop work have tried them both and they connect almost instantly, is there a setting somewhere I am missing, please help because I really dont want to go buy a 50 footer and run to connect my desktop to internet.
Thank you in advance.

lostinMYworld

A:Sharing laptop wireless connection with desktop

Have you right clicked on "share this network connection" on the adapter in the connection manager:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sharing-laptop-wireless-connection-with-desktop.188044/
Relevancy 18.49%

I will post a link to a computer that was purchased for me I have been out of computer gaming for awhile and have recently started playing a game called Dayz It is gaming Upgrading desktop retail for Acer my a modifcation for a game called Arma The computer runs most things that I have played fairly well However Arma is a high demand game which typically gets me under FPS I was thinking of getting rid of the computer and buying a new one or upgrading some parts inside From what I have been reading processor video card ram and power supply would be good places to start I haven t taken the computer apart yet to look inside and see what I can add to the current motherboard Budget is a concern and I don t want to go crazy I don t need to play on ultra settings Upgrading my Acer retail desktop for gaming but normal or high would be nice Any suggestions would be great Here is the PC http www walmart com ip Acer-AM Windows- -Home-Premium-Monitor-Not-I Thanks nbsp

A:Upgrading my Acer retail desktop for gaming

Without knowing your full system specs I would say, you could probably get by with a GPU and power supply upgrade. Do you know what size power supply you have in the machine? I'm also assuming you don't have a dedicated graphics solution, since you have an AMD-A6 CPU.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrading-my-acer-retail-desktop-for-gaming.188098/
Relevancy 18.92%

I already have a graphics card and power supply. My budget would be about $1000 and would like to buy the parts at best buy.

A:Wanting to build a gaming desktop

Which GPU and PSU do you already have?
Do you require peripherals (Monitor, keyboard, mouse)?
Do you already have a copy of Windows or will you need to buy it?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wanting-to-build-a-gaming-desktop.187712/
Relevancy 26.66%

I've recently started having problems with my DVD in my laptop. For some unknown reason It doesn't autoplay when prompted and it doesn't show that a disk is present in the drive. I have uninstalled the driver and rebooted and tried command prompt "new start shellhwdetection", but to no avail. Can anyone give me assistance with this *&%$# issue that I'm having with my laptop?

Thanks,

Darel

A:DVD-ROM not responding

Try to boot from it if you have a bootable cd/dvd. That will narrow it down to a hardware or software (windows) issue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-rom-not-responding.187710/
Relevancy 18.92%

Hi all As the title suggests I m having a little trouble getting remote desktop connection working on our windows PCs connected to our work server running Windows Server Standard R We have a few members of staff opting to work from home during the Need connection remote desktop help with Olympics we re based in London and we have enabled VPN connection so everyone can access files but I was also hoping to take advantage of remote desktop so that they can still use the Workstations Need help with remote desktop connection in the office should they need to we re a design agency so do a lot of D visualisation and the PCs in the office are quite a bit more powerful than our personal machines I have followed Need help with remote desktop connection all of the steps specified in the various tutorials I have found via google namely activating remote access in windows but no matter what we do we simply cannot get remote desktop to connect Can anybody offer any advice as to where we might be going wrong Does remote desktop only work when accessing individual machines rather than those connected to a server Need help with remote desktop connection Would we be better trying rd party RDC software assuming there are other free options out there Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Need help with remote desktop connection

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/101318-teamviewer.html

As an alternative, Cant think of anythinge else realy. Ports maybe?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-with-remote-desktop-connection.183485/
Relevancy 25.8%

When Windows 7 finishes starting at I'm at the login screen the keyboard sometimes doesn't respond. I try unplugging and replugging the USB connector with no success. The light above the num lock key doesn't even come on.

A:Keyboard sometimes not responding at startup

Do you have a another keyboard you can try? This way you will know if it a keyboard that is bad or a problem computer.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/keyboard-sometimes-not-responding-at-startup.186178/
Relevancy 18.92%

My laptop won't turn on and it's the only computer that has Windows 7. Is there any way for me to take the hard drive from that and use it in my desktop and run Windows 7 without buying a disc?

A:Can I move my laptop HD to a desktop?

bottom line is 99.999% no.

The HD contains the OS itself + the hardware drivers specific to the machine where the OS
was originally installed. At a very minimum, the hardware drivers would all need to be replaced - -
and without the right ones, the OS would not run far enough (if at all) to allow them to be updated.

If you're really really really knowledgeable on PCs and Windows (which kind of you're not as you are asking here),
then there's a long complicated path of
a] finding the drivers needed for the new maching
b] accessing the old drive
c] installing the drivers from [a] onto
d] moving the old drive to the new target platform
c] trying to boot

Then there's the question of the CPU differences between the old and new and if not compatible, this was all for not.

IT IS POSSIBLE to get all the old data from that drive to a new system, using something like this,
assuming that the old HD is functional and not corrupted.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-i-move-my-laptop-hd-to-a-desktop.185119/
Relevancy 18.49%

I upgraded my PRECISION 470 from a nVidia Quadro FX1400 to a nVidia GeForce 8400GS.
I bought the card on AMAZON and installed the drivers that came with it.
Now, my desktop is bigger than my screen and the mouse leaves tracer mouses.
The adapter is set to my screen's NATIVE resolution of 1920x1080 and connects with HDMI.
Keyboard and mouse response seems slow.
OS is Windows 7 w/ sp1

A:Desktop wider than screen, mouse leaves tracers

I just installed a new 24" monitor and at 1080 res the desktop was smaller than screen and blury, the opposite of what your experiencing. I tried updating drivers etc.. but couldnt figure it out at first?
It turned out to be a 'scaling options' setting in the control centre for my radeon gpu!!
Dont know if this helps?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/desktop-wider-than-screen-mouse-leaves-tracers.185651/
Relevancy 18.92%

I don t know if this would be the right section but it does have to do with a case of some sort I guess so this is where I am putting this thread We are starting a program in our school where we go around to different events and stream live It will be several times a week and all year long The computer we use will need to be powerful with many connection possibilities That is what brings me to this question A laptop is easy to transport It is made fairly tough and can be pretty fast if you are willing to put the money into it On the other hand you don t have a lot of input capabilities I was wondering if a desktop would be the best solution It is going to be faster than a laptop ex a desktop will cost about for the same Desktop laptop events for vs livestreaming speed and power is what I have found out So you can get a lot more for you money with a desktop Then you also get a multitude of connection possibilities with a desktop and it is so much more upgrade friendly than a laptop The problem with desktop is it s portability I don t really Desktop vs laptop for livestreaming events know what I am looking for Are there travel cases for desktop computers What do you suggest we use Does anyone have a link or something to lead me in the right direction Thanks nbsp

A:Desktop vs laptop for livestreaming events

Look around for some mini-ITX or HTPC cases, Lian Li and Silverstone both have decent selections. Obviously you'd need a monitor to transport around as well, so whether that's convenient is up to you.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/desktop-vs-laptop-for-livestreaming-events.185369/
Relevancy 18.49%

Where do they hide the harddrive?

A:Dell Clamshell desktop hard drive question

I think I've found it via this link http://midwestitonline.com/wp-conte...in-a-Dell-Optiplex-GX260-Desktop-Computer.pdf
So
Got it out. Clamshell pc's are weird.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-clamshell-desktop-hard-drive-question.185341/
Relevancy 19.35%

I bought a Crucial M4 SSD (64g) for my PC but it appears it's supposed to plug into a laptop how do I hook it up to my motherboard/is it possible?

A:How do I install my SSD in a desktop?

The SSD will need 2 connections:
- SATA cable which goes to the motherboard, should come with your motherboard or you can buy one for very cheap
- Power connector which comes from the power supply.

They're the same cables as what your existing HDD is connected to.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-do-i-install-my-ssd-in-a-desktop.184994/
Relevancy 19.35%

Hi everybody I am kind of new to buying a good gaming $1,000 keep it desktop, to under Gaming looking desktop and have no ideas what to look for Any and all help is greatly appreciated and I am looking to spend under if possible As of now I have in mind but as said before don t know what I am looking for The computers are CybertronPC Kombat-X Gaming PC Red Processor AMD FX GHz Six-Core Motherboard AMD Chipset Memory GB DDR Ballistix SDRAM expandable to GB Hard Drive TB RPM Genuine Windows Home Premium -bit Graphics x AMD Radeon HD GB Video Cards in CrossFireX Configuration Optical Drive X DVD RW Dual-Layer Drive with Gaming desktop, looking to keep it under $1,000 LightScribe Audio High Definition Channel Integrated Gigabit Ethernet LAN Expansions Bays Total Free - External quot External quot Internal quot quot Slots Total Free - PCI PCI Express x PCI Express x DIMM -Pin Connectivity x PS Keyboard Mouse Combo x USB x USB front rear x RJ- Network Ethernet Base-T Base-TX Base-T Audio x HDMI x DVI x D-Sub VGA Chassis In-Win BUC Mid-Tower Gaming Case with Watt Power Supply Accessories Keyboard and Optical Mouse with Scroll Service amp Support Details Year Parts amp Labor Warranty Free Lifetime Tech Support CybertronPC GM F Assassin Gaming PC Red Processor AMD FX GHz Quad Core Motherboard AMD Chipset Memory GB DDR Ballistix SDRAM expandable to GB Hard Drive TB RPM Genuine Windows Home Premium -bit Graphics x AMD Radeon HD GB Cards in CrossFireX Configuration Optical Drive X DVD RW Dual-Layer Drive with LightScribe Audio High Definition Channel Integrated Gigabit Ethernet LAN Expansions Bays Total Free - External quot Internal quot Internal quot Slots Total Free - PCI PCI Express x PCI Express x DIMM -Pin Connectivity x PS Keyboard Mouse Combo x USB x USB front rear x RJ- Network Ethernet Base-T Base-TX Base-T Audio x D-Sub VGA x HDMI x DVI Chassis In-Win MANA Mid-Tower Gaming Case with Watt Power Supply Accessories Keyboard and Optical Mouse with Scroll Service amp Support Details Year Parts amp Labor Warranty Free Lifetime Tech Support nbsp

A:Gaming desktop, looking to keep it under $1,000

Are you willing to build one yourself? I suggest that you go that route as you'll be buying better components.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gaming-desktop-looking-to-keep-it-under-1-000.184671/
Relevancy 18.49%

Hello I have a network with about computers on it wireless and wired The wired computer hosts printers for the network Yesterday it stopped responding to the network and no no computer connects longer Internet to Desktop longer will connect to the internet Desktop computer no longer connects to Internet No changes have been made to the computer and the other wireless computers still have internet access but cannot see the wired computer Under the Network and Sharing Center it shows the computer connected to the network but not through to the internet and the printers are not accessible to the other computers I ve unplugged the cable and installed a wireless USB network adapter and it too shows that the computer is connected to the network but no connection to the internet and no printer access to the other computers I tried restarting the computer and restarting the LAN and DSL modem as well as renewing the ipconfig without success I ve pinged the card and it responds to and I tried to ping gateway and got no response but one of the working computers gave the same output no response Any suggestions Thanks in advance Franklin nbsp

A:Desktop computer no longer connects to Internet

I found the issue, it had to do with McAfee's latest update...

http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?id=TS101446

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/desktop-computer-no-longer-connects-to-internet.184506/
Relevancy 23.22%

I have had my ASUS G51VX laptop for a couple years now and it's still going strong. However, just recently the built-in SD card reader has stopped reading cards for some reason. When I pop in a card Windows will make the sound that a USB device has been plugged in and then a couple seconds later it will make the unplugged sound. The "Removable Storage Device" does not show up in Computer. I've tried looking through the Device Manager to find the card reader and re-install the driver, but I can't seem to find it anywhere. I suppose it is one of the USB controllers. I've also tried multiple SD cards so I know it's not the card.

Anyone have any ideas? Thanks!

A:Asus laptop card reader stopped working

Don't know If this will help, but I had a similar problem with my laptop (not ASUS though). I tried everything, ended up re-installing windows, which fixed it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-laptop-card-reader-stopped-working.183557/
Relevancy 19.35%

Okay I have a Compaq Laptop Vista Basic. I also have a Windows 7 Hp desktop.
Now the thing is my Laptop is connected to my wireless router and I am trying to connect both via Ethernet. The thing is that they wont connect. I have already uninstalled the NIC local connection drivers on both and nothing. On the Windows 7 it will work for a little bit and say that the cable is unplugged which it aint. I've tried everything can someone please help me. My Xbox 360 works fine and I have already tried 3 new Ethernet cable and nothing. Basically I am trying to connect my desktop to my laptop via the Ethernet cable but, nothing seems to work I would appreciate any help.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/desktop-to-laptop.183236/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hello, I have a Dell Precision M4500 laptop which stopped recognizing the battery a couple months back. I have had the laptop for one year now with absolutely no problems up until this happened. I am pretty sure the battery is still good, it's not that old, but since the computer wont even recognize it is in, there's no way to check if it can charge. I am running Windows 7 64 bit. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated, maybe there is a fix before I have to shell out the money for a new battery.

A:Dell Precision M4500 stopped recognizing battery

Laptop batteries go bad any time, and they are considered to be "consumable" like paper is to a printer. Replace the battery and you should be okay

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-precision-m4500-stopped-recognizing-battery.182128/
Relevancy 18.92%

Was wondering if the AMD 7970M outperforms the GTX 580 desktop card. I am only asking this since I heard it on some forums, just wanted to double-check (google no yielding any search results).

A:Radeon HD 7970M vs GeForce GTX 580 (desktop)

Iv read that the 580m loses heavily to the 7970m, Not sure about the desktop version.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/radeon-hd-7970m-vs-geforce-gtx-580-desktop.180707/
Relevancy 18.92%

ok fist before I start the question here is my build Desktop Case Cooler Master Elite Mid Tower ATX Case with Window MotherBoard GIGABYTE GA- XA-UD AM AMD X SATA questions CPU/desktop cooling Gb s USB ATX AMD Motherboard Ram Corsair Vengeance Blue GB DDR CPU AMD FX- FX -Core Black Edition Processor CPU/desktop cooling questions Socket AM PS Corsair Builder Series CX watt Plus Certified Power CPU/desktop cooling questions Supply Hard Drive Western Digital Caviar Green TB SATA Intellipower MB Cache Graphic Card VisionTek Products Radeon GB DDR PCI Express Graphics Cards OS Windows ultimate Bit This is a Custom Desktop I bought and put together so I added this just in case so I don t get ask abought what I got Ok im using the Stock fan for the CPU my temps on load for gaming System C CPU C is this good temps and as of right now I ordered mm CPU/desktop cooling questions Fans for the case and want to know what I should get for the CPU im thinking of getting the Corsair Hydro series H since the H wont fit my case do you guys have any other suggestions nbsp

A:CPU/desktop cooling questions

Hi Todd,
That is a bit warm if you are running the 8150 at stock speed , but the H-80 will bring the CPU temp down by 20c +/- . adding a few fans for flow is a good idea as well.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-desktop-cooling-questions.180781/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hey,

I was listening to music and my JBL II (2.1) speakers stopped working all of a sudden (they didn't make any special noise before they went dead), and their lights went off.
The light on the Sub-woofer is on, however.
I tried unplugging and replugging all power cables from and to the system, and all of the related computer cables. Also tried restarting the computer.
Nothing seems to work.

I've read on a similar thread that it might be the fuse blown out or the amp overheated.
How can I find out what's the problem, and how do I fix it?

Thanks in advance.

A:JBL speakers stopped working

ok check the fuse in the plug I think it should be 5amp so take another one from another lead somewhere to test . also leave for 20 minutes let amp cool down then try if works then amp over heating .. make sure unplugged both ends when checking fuse.. if still not working then look in device manager make sure these is no yellow exclamation marks .. go to start computer system properties hardware device manager if there is let us know .. hope this been helpful but someone more experienced might be able to offer better advice

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/jbl-speakers-stopped-working.182404/
Relevancy 25.8%

I am experiencing the problem described below responding not DNS server Primary is I got an internet from provider which is LAN cable sticking from the wall - and it works fine when I connect via LAN cable - when I write the IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway and DNS servers on the LAN adapter and create a PPPoE connection with username and Primary DNS server is not responding password I want to do the same but wirelessly I have an ASUS RT-N LX wi-fi router - and connected the cable from the provider to the WAN slot on the router Then I have accessed the router from my laptop http - and configured everything as it was on my laptop IP Adddress Submask Default Gateway DNS DNS Wireless network works fine Primary DNS server is not responding the default gateway is pinging - but DNS Primary DNS server is not responding servers are not accessible As a result no internet connection available Moreover - when I want to ping the DNS ping - I tries to get a response from other location but no response from there Any feedback hints comments will be greatly appreciated I have spent days for it but in vain THanks in advance nbsp

A:Primary DNS server is not responding

192.168.1.250 & 192.168.1.10 have been configured at one point in time to be the dns servers set in the router. Obviously they do not work now... I would recommend changing them to maybe an open dns ip: 208.67.222.222 & 208.67.220.220, or even google's dns of: 8.8.8.8

Hope this helps, take care!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/primary-dns-server-is-not-responding.181946/
Relevancy 18.92%

Hello Guys hope you all are fine.

Actually i want to buy a hard drive but i want to know which is better for me...Actually i want my hard disk to be portable so i can collect data from any of my friend's computer by just plugging USB of HDD on other hand i want that if in case my real desktop hardisk(which i am currently using) crashes or stop working i can install windows on my newly purchased hard drive so it can also work as my desktop hard drive.

IN SHORT u can say portable hard drive which can also be converted to SATA or IDE (becuz i know u can't install and load windows from portable Hdd.I tried alot and failed) so i can install and load windows from it.........

A:Portable, desktop or laptop HDD?

Hi it does work on a flash drive.
http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic116114.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/portable-desktop-or-laptop-hdd.179900/
Relevancy 18.49%

Hey, I am at the stage we all go through many times in our lives. Trying to decide what computer to get while your computer you have is slowly dying. I'm looking for hints on what computer might be the best for my needs as a gamer.

The main specifications i would like:

Atleaste 8gb Ram
64bit CPU
Good graphics card
Good processor
Pre-installed with Windows 7 (Home Premium is fine)
Pretty much able to handle HD games without me setting all the graphics setting and performance settings to "Ultra Low" - "Ultra High" would be nice!
Something that doesn't overheats itself while using these settings (Don't want to keep checking the heat meters anxiously )
Room for upgrades, easily accessible inside.

Not every detail is needed really but that would be a dream computer. Thank-you for your help.

A:Trying to choose a gaming desktop -- high performance, no overheating

If you have the cash, and no DIY confidence, go for an Alienware.
If you like DIY (like me), read up reviews of hardware which you want, go to the hardware market, buy the 'dream hardware', go home, and assemble.
Hope this helps.
Good luck!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trying-to-choose-a-gaming-desktop-high-performance-no-overheating.179701/
Relevancy 23.22%

I ve been trying to fix it for over days now showing stopped External Computer drive My hard in up and I tried lots of things but nothing seems to work so I hope that you can help me System Info If Needed - - Operation System Windows Ultimate SP -Bit - Motherboard Asus Sabertooth P PCI PCI-E x PCI-E x DDR DIMM Audio Gigabit LAN IEEE- - CPU QuadCore Intel Core i - K MHz x - Memory MB DDR - DDR SDRAM - Disk Drive WDC WD EARS- J B GB SATA-II - GPU ATI Radeon HD - USB Ports - USB Ports Problem - My external hard drive stopped showing up in My Computer but it was working fine before Possible Causes - - I think quot And I m NOT Sure quot this happened after I Unplugged it without using quot Safely Remove External hard drive stopped showing up in My Computer Hardware quot I m Totally aware that unplugging it while it s in use could damage it but when I tried to quot Safely Remove It quot it told me quot Windows can t stop your device Because a program is still using it quot and I was in External hard drive stopped showing up in My Computer a hurry so I unplugged it without using quot Safely Remove Hardware quot - Few Days before it stop working it was getting slower and sometimes it hangs External Hard Drive Condition - - it s Samsung S Portable GB - I think I External hard drive stopped showing up in My Computer bought it from about - years ago - It s out of warranty - I m Not using it that much maybe - hours per day and sometimes I don t use it at all for several days weeks - Content all my family pictures amp videos NO backup anywhere else I thought it would be safer here in case any damage happened to my desktop hard drive but i Guess I was wrong - No Physical Damage - When I plug it I hear it spinning and it s light is on - I hear a weird intermittent constant quot Sound quot and it s NOT loud MAYBE It s a quot Clicking quot sound But I m not sure Things I Tried - - I checked All USB Ports and it s all working fine with other devices - It Doesn t show up in quot Disk Management quot So solutions related to quot Disk Management quot Won t work - I Cleaned up and removed old USB storage drivers and replugged it but it didn t work - I connected it to another PC it didn t work there too - I tried Different quot USB Cable quot - I was always checking it with quot BitDefender Total Security quot For Viruses or any kind of infections and it was clean - I tried to check it for errors but as it s not recognized I can t check it - I was Defragmenting it with quot DisKeeper quot from time to time - I tried to use quot Ultimate Boot CD UBCD v quot to recover the data and i used this Guide quot How to Create an Image of a Crashed Hard Drive using the UBCD dd-rescue and P eXplorer quot and when I reached to quot Step - Identifying your Hard Drive quot I couldn t Identify it and I couldn t know it quot Path quot because it wasn t showing up in quot Mount Devices quot window because as I said It s not recognized So What I m Asking For Is - - Is there a way to fix my External Hard Drive and make it work again If Not - Is there a way to make it recognizable so i can recover the data using quot DD-Rescue quot If Not - Is there any other way to recover the data from my External Hard Drive and - I tried to open my External Hard Drive quot case quot but I couldn t and I was afraid to go any farther So i Don t damage it So is there any safe way to open it Thanks nbsp

A:External hard drive stopped showing up in My Computer

"I hear a weird intermittent constant "Sound" and it's NOT loud, MAYBE It's a "Clicking" sound, But I'm not sure."

Maybe a soft click or a sliding sound? The drive should normally do nothing more than hum.

"I connected it to another PC, it didn't work there too."

Dang it didn't past the test here either. When things go wrong in my computers I often try them in another machine. If it works in the second machine then I know it's still working. If it doesn't work in the second machine then I usually consider the device dead. I'd try a third machine if you have that resource.

If the data are that important I'd consult a data recovery specialist.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/external-hard-drive-stopped-showing-up-in-my-computer.178952/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hey everyone I ve officially got THE worst luck with technology EVER Today my Western Digital GB External HDD has stopped working One minute it s working fine - the next its completely unresponsive I deleted suddenly External hard working drive stopped a music folder off the hard drive that wouldnt play and I dont know if that s been the cause of it to become External hard drive suddenly stopped working unstable When I plug it in via USB I can feel the disk spinning inside and loading but the windows sound does not play About - minutes later I get the sound but it does not appear under Hard Disk Drives on My Computer When I External hard drive suddenly stopped working try to go into device manager it crashes windows explorer After a couple of attempts the name is now quot Local Disk I and not even Elements After about - minutes of being plugged in the drive clicks and won t do anything else I REALLY need some of the work off the hard drive - It s External hard drive suddenly stopped working so important to my second year at university Any help you can give me I will be eternally grateful Call me a but I usually back up my work via dropbox anyway but theres some bits I didnt back up yet and it s so important I get them I ve looked at getting a universal drive adaptor but i ve heard about data recovery software but there seem to be so many out there - If my hard drive isnt completely screwed could someone reccomend me one or give me some advice Thanks in advance nbsp

A:External hard drive suddenly stopped working

have you tried unplugging the drive power adapter for a minute and plugging it back in?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/external-hard-drive-suddenly-stopped-working.178166/
Relevancy 19.35%

Im in the business of looking to desktop New computer! purchase a new desktop computer for gaming I will be playing Skyrim Mass Effect and maybe Battlefield New desktop computer! I want the PC to be near top of the line being able to run these games at a solid fps or more on medium to ultra graphic settings Besides that I also do intense d Modeling that really requires a top notch machine considering I move around near k polygons on a good work day or bad work day considering the computers performance Ive narrowed it down to a few choices but that certainly dosent mean I wont stray away from them http www amazon com gp product B amp creative amp creativeASIN B UR J This is the MAIN option im really looking for input on http www amazon com gp product B amp creative amp creativeASIN B TJKI G http www amazon com gp product B amp creative amp creativeASIN B TJKI G http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E nbsp

A:New desktop computer!

you sure you don't want to put the parts together yourself? If I bought a "top of the line" PC and it only produced 30fps I would seriously hurt someone. You are aiming for a steady 60+ fps. The higher the resolution and advanced graphic settings the lower your fps gets hence why a discrete GPU is needed. @1080 and @60+ FPS should be your goal (unless your monitor supports a higher resolution). You could spend $1100 in parts and get a computer that will outperform the ones listed by quite a bit. Each ones you picked have problems with the builds. You would want the 2700k CPU of the one and the 560ti from the other and the board from yet another. You should find out if they all come with an actual Windows 7 disk or is it pre-installed only.

If what you want to do is game just add a 570/580 and a PSU to something like this. This is to give you an idea that 40-50% of your build cost should be the GPU and PSU. There are obviously better bundles to be found than this.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboBundleDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.837644

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-desktop-computer.178110/
Relevancy 18.92%

Dell desktop has a dell USB wireless adapter. System worked fine a week ago and now all of a sudden won't connect to the network.
Doesn't even attempt to get an IP.

It can see the networks in the area but can never connect. Repair doesn't work, reset TCP/IP stack didn't work. Uninstall and re-install adapter didn't work. Updated driver didn't work.

System is running XP SP3.

All the other systems in the house work fine. Router is provided by Comcast and uses WPA2.

A:Desktop with wireless adapter, cannot connect

Have you tried restarting your router?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/desktop-with-wireless-adapter-cannot-connect.177649/