Windows Support Forum

2 month old desktop just stopped responding.

Q: 2 month old desktop just stopped responding.

I ran into a problem today with a computer that I built back in July I have been using it with absolutly 2 just responding. old stopped month desktop no problem for the past months I was transferring songs to my mp player last night which takes a while so I let it go and went to bed When I woke up 2 month old desktop just stopped responding. this morning the fans of the computer were running but it wouldnt bring the monitor back 2 month old desktop just stopped responding. and the num lock and caps lock keys weren t registering so I reset it To no avail nothing happened I then shut it off and shut the atx power switch off took a shower and came back turned everything back on and nothing happens The only thing that happens is the three lights on the keyboard the cd drive and the harddrive all flash and then nothing happens the fans still run at full speed but nothing shows up the monitor doesnt come on nothing I can t figure out what could have happened in less than hours to disrupt the running of this machine and after only two months of using it less than once a day on average A question I have anybody have a clue as to what could be the problem I tried taking out the ram and starting up but I did not get the three beep alert for the ram which tells me it is not entering the bios Does the BIOS need a processor to run If you think its the processor or motherboard is there a way to positively tell whether it is the one or the other I checked the harddrive in an enclosure and it is working fine Any help would be greatly appreciated I m stumped and Intel isnt open until monday Thanks for your time nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: 2 month old desktop just stopped responding.

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: 2 month old desktop just stopped responding.

CPUs are really hard to hurt unless you break it doing the install into the board or overclock it.

My first guess would be a power supply. This is pretty easy to check; swap in a known good one and see if it works. If you used a ps that came with a case, this is a very real possibility. Most ps that come with cases [however not all] are junk. If you used a name brand unit like antec, enermax, sparkle, etc then it is less of a possibility.

Next guess would be a board failure.

If you post exact specs, it would help ie make and model of board, brand and wattage of power supply, etc.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/2-month-old-desktop-just-stopped-responding.507693/
Relevancy 57.62%

About a month ago I had this thread going:
http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...r_equal-2.html

Then the system stabilized. Now I am receiving daily blue screens again. The most frequent is 0x000001a Memory Management. Info attached.

Please help.

A:Frequent BSODs last month, then stopped, now re-occuring

Quote: Originally Posted by mcutugno

About a month ago I had this thread going:
http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...r_equal-2.html

Then the system stabilized. Now I am receiving daily blue screens again. The most frequent is 0x000001a Memory Management. Info attached.

Please help.

Caused by your wlite.exe (xp webcam driver) and some really old drivers

Update these

Code:
SiWinAcc.sys 11/1/2004 3:23:29 PM fffff880`01345000 fffff880`0134f000 0x0000a000 0x41868d31
secdrv.SYS 9/13/2006 9:18:38 AM fffff880`057a8000 fffff880`057b3000 0x0000b000 0x4508052e
SiRemFil.sys 10/18/2006 6:20:39 PM fffff880`01b9c000 fffff880`01ba4000 0x00008000 0x4536a8b7
LVUSBS64.sys 5/11/2007 8:01:20 PM fffff880`04871000 fffff880`0487b900 0x0000a900 0x464503d0
Si3114r5.sys 4/24/2008 2:20:08 AM fffff880`01000000 fffff880`01052000 0x00052000 0x48102698
How To Find Drivers:

Quote:
- search Google for the name of the driver
- compare the Google results with what's installed on your system to figure out which device/program it belongs to
- visit the web site of the manufacturer of the hardware/program to get the latest drivers (DON'T use Windows Update or the Update driver function of Device Manager).
- if there are difficulties in locating them, post back with questions and someone will try and help you locate the appropriate program.

- - The most common drivers are listed on this page: Driver Reference Driver Reference
- - Driver manufacturer links are on this page: Drivers and Downloads

Code:

Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.11.0001.404 X86
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\K\Desktop\Windows_NT6_BSOD_jcgriff2\060111-56753-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

Symbol search path is: SRV*C:\Symbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols;srv*e:\symbols
*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Executable search path is:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7601 (Service Pack 1) MP (4 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS
Built by: 7601.17592.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.110408-1631
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`0304b000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`03290650
Debug session time: Wed Jun 1 18:39:08.025 2011 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 3 days 4:54:20.763
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 1A, {411, fffff680000357e8, 9a900000a8266886, fffff680000357f9}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+6061 )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

1: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

MEMORY_MANAGEMENT (1a)
# Any other values for parameter 1 must be individually examined.
Argu... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/166685-frequent-bsods-last-month-then-stopped-now-re-occuring.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Product Name: HPVI04 Notebook batteryUsed in Laptop: HP ENVY 14 Notebook PCBattery life: 15 months Issue:  The battery(HPVI05 NOTEBOOK Battery) stopped working only 14months after purchase. Tried to buy the product online but this product is one of the worst product with 100s of poor reviews and helpless customer service facing the same problem. The customer service is equally bad with hours of waiting time and no solution. Tried to point out the poor feedback given to product but seems Team HP does not bother. Please Help P.S: http://store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/hp-vi04-notebook-battery?jumpid=Accessories_Finder_PDP #product details  #poorcustomerreview

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Battery-stopped-working-month-after-warranty-period-was-over/td-p/5854512
Relevancy 52.89%

i have a desktop which as detail below faced blue screen while playing games and other hard 3d work..

windows 7 ultimate
64bit
reinstall by own with crack
about 12month
same as hardware age

cpu, graphic card, motherboard shown in picture below

power supply GX 650w
GX-650W - Cooler Master - Leading Provider of Computer Case, Cooler, Power Supply, Laptop Cooling, Gaming Peripherals

thx for helping

A:blue screen on my 12 month desktop

Hi,

All of the errors in December are stop code 124 which is often caused by unstable overclocked software and I see your processor is overclocked. The easiest way to stop this would be to stop overclocking. If you wanted to keep your overclock you may need to increase vcore/volts on the cpu (BUT I cannot reccomend this because increasing VCore too much can seriously damage your cpu) Best thing to do would be to get rid of the overclock for now and get some advice on what your doing wrong from some people with overclocking expertise.

You also have BSODs relating to btath_avdt.sys which is a driver for Atheros Bluetooth Driver Reference Table - btath_avdt.sys. You should update this to the latest driver.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/blue-screen-on-my-12-month-desktop-680581.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I have a nine month old HP P y desktop Vista bit About a month ago it just starting powering itself down It is a controlled power down It gives the message that computer is powering down and it shuts down These are the things that have been done to it Parts have been replaced three times by HP First time an HP tech replaced the motherboard The next two times I had to ship it to HP and they replaced the power supply both times The software has been reloaded several times It still powers down Anyone have any desktop Nine down Solved: powers HP month ideas where the problem could be I have a call in to my case manager and I quot m thinking of asking for a new computer I had already talked to them about it but they don t make this one anymore They offered me a couple of models but I would have to pay the difference I turned them down But now I think I will take them up on it and get a newer model I have this other question They are making these faster computers with Solved: Nine month HP desktop powers down bigger hard drives but they are SATA g rpm drives This one has a rpm drive and I do some video editing for home movies Can anyone tell me if this drive will slow down the pc when creating and writing the DVD file I always use the slower speed for creating the DVD files but I don t know if that means writing at a slower Solved: Nine month HP desktop powers down speed nbsp

A:Solved: Nine month HP desktop powers down

You should not notice any difference. The writing speed I think you mean, is the writing to DVDRAM (DVD Disk) not the hard drive. The writing speed of the burner drive.... is also dependent on the DVD disk, the file size, type, and of course the drive itself, as well as the computer's CPU and RAM, plus a few other things. I generally use a writing DVD to disk burn speed one or two settings below the maximum, it depends though on those other things whether you can use Max or not.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-nine-month-hp-desktop-powers-down.931853/
Relevancy 50.74%

DATE TEST
Month Total
2015/04 1
2015/07 1
2015/09 1
2016/01 1
2016/02 1

As you can see from the above results an Access query there are periods without any data. I need them to be displayed within the query as a zero. Can someone tell me how to achieve this easily please.

My query currently reads:

SELECT Format([TimeOfCall],"yyyy/mm") AS [Month], Count([INCIDENT NEW].SALESIncidentIdentifier) AS Total
FROM (SALES LEFT JOIN VICTIM ON SALES.IncidentIdentifier = VICTIM.SALESIncidentIdentifier) RIGHT JOIN [INCIDENT NEW] ON SALES.IncidentIdentifier = [INCIDENT NEW].SALESIncidentIdentifier
WHERE (((VICTIM.VictimType)="1"))
GROUP BY Format([TimeOfCall],"yyyy/mm");

http://www.pcreview.co.uk/threads/getting-month-periods-to-show-in-access-query-as-0-when-there-is-no-data-for-the-month.4070246/
Relevancy 50.74%

my programs keep not responding and i have to keep using control alt delete to close them down. what can i do to fix this? i also dont think i have a virus protector on my computer-- is there a free one i can use?

Relevancy 50.31%

I'm trying to create an Access query that compares invoices generated in May of 2002 to invoices generated in May of 2003 so we can see how much money we made compared to last year at this time.

I've tried datediff, dateserial, dateadd but can't seem to get it right. Can some kind soul give me a hand here?

A:(Resolved) Compare this month's sales to this month last year

I figured it out. Had to use "between". I was trying to just hone in on a particular month last year but I guess that was the lazy way out. Anyway, here's what I ended up with to compare May 02 to May 03:

Between DateSerial(Year(Date())-1,Month(Date())-1,1) And DateSerial(Year(Date())-1,Month(Date()),1)-1

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/resolved-compare-this-months-sales-to-this-month-last-year.136980/
Relevancy 50.31%

please help. i can't access/open windows explorer and the control panel on my laptop and my desktop is all all black. here is the report:

Product
Windows Explorer

Problem
Stopped responding and was closed

Date
4/6/2009 3:25 PM

Status
Report Sent

Description
A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows.

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: AppHangB1
Application Name: Explorer.EXE
Application Version: 6.0.6001.18164
Application Timestamp: 4907e242
Hang Signature: e10d
Hang Type: 0
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.2
Locale ID: 13321
Additional Hang Signature 1: 0ebda6347629ef8e84dd0e0b7a0020f5
Additional Hang Signature 2: 156d
Additional Hang Signature 3: ae8744014dc053ed4be8a9ee7d2b7eeb
Additional Hang Signature 4: e10d
Additional Hang Signature 5: 0ebda6347629ef8e84dd0e0b7a0020f5
Additional Hang Signature 6: 156d
Additional Hang Signature 7: ae8744014dc053ed4be8a9ee7d2b7eeb
how can i solve this problem?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/217291/help-explorerexe-stopped-responding/
Relevancy 50.31%

From the past five-ish days we had no internet due to a have responding Programs stopped typhoon So I said to myself quot I should copy CoD from my friend so I atleast would have something to do on the weekend quot So thats what I did Earlier I tried to play the game for the first time P S I copied the game via my external hard drive I copied the game folder from his C drive NOT THE INSTALLER Surprisingly the game ran well I had problems while playing the game and after around mins I got bored and decided to listen to music while facebook-ing how did I connect to the internet Using the portable Wi-Fi hotspot on my mobile phone While I was using facebook and listening to music Google Chrome suddenly stopped responding and my music player started to go crazy The music that was playing went choppy as if you are pressing the Pause and Play button rapidly So I tried to restart Chome and the player and for some reason they won't close from Programs have stopped responding my experience when a program stopped working you can force close it But Programs have stopped responding this won't I couldn't even shut down or restart my PC So I force shut down my PC via the power button After I forced shutdown I tried booting my laptop again and it ran well for a good mins and after that there goes the problem again Therefore I had to force shutdown again anyone knows a solution to this problem Additional info I just re-formatted this laptop also around days ago because I could get pass the windows welcome page on startup This laptop has past hardware problems a year ago when my laptop was around months old all programs seems to crash too and I had alot of bluescreens I brought this laptop back to the place where I bought it and after they changed the RAM it worked like a charm for like months SPECIFICATIONS Processor Intel R Core TM i - QM CPU GHz GHz Installed RAM GB System type -bit ASUS K SV on Windows Ultimate

A:Programs have stopped responding

If they have changed the RAM before I would suggest you start with testing RAM the link is in my signature
Also it wouldn't be a bad idea to test your hard drive as well link is also in signature

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/programs-have-stopped-responding-721457.html
Relevancy 50.31%

This is the message I get on an HP laptop running Vista. Another message pops up stating computer infected (not from my antivirus) with a yes/no buttons. As, I believe, a result of this, the computer will not access the internet even though it states that it is connect to the wifi I have...

I've run a virus scan 2 times so far and nothing was found. I even did a search on the C drive for the executable and could not find it. Even an internet search (on a different computer) couldn't find any information on this file, so I'm baffled.

This sort of just appeared out of nowhere and I can't seem to find any problems.

Thanks for any help you guys may be able to give.

A:flrvxuftssd.exe has stopped responding.

Please remove this post, I performed a system restore to yesterday and problem is solved. Reran scans, no virus' all seems to be working ok.

Thank you...

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/flrvxuftssd-exe-has-stopped-responding-502563.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hello everyone I'm new to this forum have visited in the past reading up on things but it's first time posting I'm wondering responding - stopped GPU driver can you help me out with a problem Recently I got my hands on Sapphire 's long story but it's a result of a replacement friends favor cost me hardly anything in the end I've been using Nvidia for years had generations of SLI setups this is my first ATI set since the days of Radeon I got them last week and since then all I get is quot GPU - driver stopped responding driver stopped responding quot issue managed to dig out some information on forums finding out that it's caused by ATI not GPU - driver stopped responding picking up it's clock fast enough from idle state and essentially windows deeming the cards non-responsive because they didn't pick up in designated time frame and attempting to reset the driver It's covered here Timeout Detection and Recovery of GPUs through WDDM I also managed to find a work-around of sorts editing manually profiles xml file and lifting to bottom line clocks from default mhz on clock and mhz on memory to mhz on clock and mhz on memory This helped the issue a bit it's crashing far less now but it's still not perfect Every time you boot it crashes because profiles didn't get loaded yet and once in a while it will crash when using simple things on desktop just opening Internet Explorer often while opening Windows Live Mail sometimes for no reason just after perion of inactivity opening Start menu mostly it recovers sometimes it also hangs the system I've done everything from trying different drivers from older revisions to cleaning system off all the drivers with sweeper to manually deleting ati registrys any reminder of nvidia is fully gone removed old versions and updated to new ones almost everything directx library flash C redist heck even onboard intel controller and whatnot problem still persists Never experienced something like this with nvidia On AMD forums some say to just reinstall the system but that's not an option for me too many things would have to be reinstalled reprogrammed and setup all over again far too much work for something that's supposed to be only a peripheral card working Any ideas

A:GPU - driver stopped responding

Hi,

Had the same problem with my system not long ago. It is the ATI driver. Ive found that using the latest ATI driver tend to do this. I am using a older driver 10.5 and don't have it happening anymore.

Hope it helps.

R

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/180835-gpu-driver-stopped-responding.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hello recently I've been getting the same error over a period of anywhere between minutes to an hour and it says Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered It usually happens when watching youtube videos or any videos in general I also see it sometimes happen stopped responding nvlddmkm on lower end games but higher end nvlddmkm stopped responding games run fine without it crashing I recently got a new gfx card that fixed previous crashes as well as the nvlddmkm bsod The nvlddmkm stopped responding only problem is I've reinstalled the driver many times tried various ways to reinstall using driver nvlddmkm stopped responding sweeper etc As well as updated everything from my drivers chipsets directx flash changing to windows classic and reinstalling the realtek sound driver Nothing seems to help fix it from what I've read up on this I have run memory tests in the past and I know for sure it's not my ram or my power supply I'm not overclocking anything either basically all that happens is the monitor flickers black sound messes up while it does this for a few seconds then it fixes itself videos and few applications will be messed up and need to be restarted Anyone have any ideas on what I can do to fix this because I've tried everything All help would be very much appreciated Thanks Shane

A:nvlddmkm stopped responding

I still haven't fixed the issue yet, was hoping for some feedback.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/181607-nvlddmkm-stopped-responding.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I recently found i have a window i cant ALT Tab to...its a bunch of numbers about 60-70 of them. It only comes up when i boot. If i leave the computer on for about 10+ Hours it finally stops responding. My brothers laptop had 15 or 20 of these on his desktop i cant necessarily search for it cause there is no true pattern... trying to get rid of it without formatting... if anyone knows what it is and / or how to get ird of it. I can get a picture if need be.

A:Program Stopped responding

Hi ang1dust,

Since the 'Window/Pop-up' occurs 'while the 'Windows starts', a 'clean startup' is likely to help you isolate the root cause of the issue. Please refer to this tutorial to find the steps in detail: Troubleshoot Application Conflicts by Performing a Clean Startup

If the issue persists, please share a screenshot of the 'Window' for a better understanding.

Hope this helps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/282110-program-stopped-responding.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I just reinstalled windows vista cause i think i had a virus or something so i formatted my harddrive and reinstalled windows Vista 64bit. i installed the drivers i needed but for some reason get these weird red or green lines on my computer. I also get "nvlddmkm stopped responding" and then the computer gets the blue screen of death. it works only in safe mode but it still has the red line and any help would be greatly appreciated i have 8800 GTX as my video card. i .have some pictures for you to see it to

A:Nvlddmkm stopped responding

looks like a driver issue to me, just installing the newest nvidia drivers here
http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7_winvista_64bit_186.18_whql.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvlddmkm-stopped-responding.130063/
Relevancy 50.31%

An older program which I like to use several times a week suddenly stopped functioning about a month ago After using it regularly for years suddenly clicking on the icon produced a few microseconds of activity then nothing This does not appear to responding XP certain programs in stopped coincide with any Windows Update or anything else certain programs stopped responding in XP I could pinpoint but maybe I missed something It did not appear in the Control Panel Add Remove list and I ended up manually removing it and trying to re-install Clicking on Setup exe on the CD now produces the same microseconds of activity then nothing Neither will it load from the Add Remove utility I have since found another program that attempting to Setup produces the same non-reaction In the meantime I ve downloaded many spyware amp registry programs and tried them all as well as Norton Utilities and can find no specific problem After I began troubleshooting the non-response of that program my computer had a fit of madly dialing online by itself but again I could find nothing and SOMETHING I did eradicated that problem Any clues Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/certain-programs-stopped-responding-in-xp.256951/
Relevancy 50.31%

When I play a game. It is annoying me.

Anyway to fix it?

A:nvlddmkm stopped responding

I get this as well. It seems to be endemic to nvidia and vista.

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/120889-nvlddmkm-stopped-responding.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi all, im having a big problem playing RIFT.
Every time a planar tear comes into view (looks like this http://www.little-players.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/rift-tear.jpg) my pc will lock up, screen will go black, flicker, audio stutter, then go back to the game. At this time there is a popup in bottom right saying graphics driver stopped responding and recovered.
This only happens whenever one of these planar tears come into view of my screen.

Im running a radeon hd4670, and i have tried old drivers, new drivers, windows updates, motherboard driver update, i just dont know why its happening or what i can do to fix it.

Has anyone else had this or does anyone know why this is happening to me?

Thanks in advance

A:PC freeze/GFX stopped responding

I had this problem with my NV9500GT, If i remember correctly i had to use forceware drivers, which were a pain in the backside just to find. Eventually i found some that worked ok, Before you try that check all of your 3d gaming settings(in windows) & ingame settings. also give sisoft sandra a try that can be helpful

if all else fails try driver doctor (a free version of driver detective)

Also what Screen Resoloution are you running at ? ;Have you tried a different one ?
Has it always done this and do any other games do this ?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-freeze-gfx-stopped-responding.171003/
Relevancy 50.31%

Greetings,

Today after what I hoped to be a final cleaning with Malwarebytes on a tough to fix laptop for a client, I ran ComboFix becuase I continue to have userinit.exe and rundll32 problems with 0cx0000005 failures.

I wasn't having luck with finding which files to apply regsvr32 to in hopes of correcting my problems. I noticed that before I went ahead with ComboFix (after the 1 in a 100 failure warning) I could run cmd.exe from the Run box!!

However, the ComboFix app. stalled after the 43+ stages and while removing some six files.

After hours of non-response, I rebooted. Of course now I have a compromised machine and need some assistance.
Much appreciated,
-=-Ken

A:Combofix Stopped Responding

Hello ArtisanKen and welcome to BC ComboFix is an extremely powerful tool which should only be used when instructed to do so by someone who has been properly trained. ComboFix is intended by its creator to be "used under the guidance and supervision of an expert." It is NOT for private use. Please read Combofix's Disclaimer. Using this tool incorrectly could lead to disastrous problems with your operating system such as preventing it from ever starting again.In order to assist you, we need more information.What is your operating system: Windows XP, Vista, etc.?What security programs, besides MalwareBytes, do you have installed?What issues were you and are you experiencing with the computer: pop-ups, redirections, etc.? Please be as specific as possible.Orange Blossom

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/154289/combofix-stopped-responding/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi I have Driver stopped responding, fix! has no been using Driver has stopped responding, no fix! my old GT Factory Overclocked card for the meanwhile as my GT is dead since ive been using it i get this error everytime i play a game The screen goes black and comes back on again and if i minimize the game i Driver has stopped responding, no fix! can see the error in a speech bubble on the bottom right saying nvlddmkm has stopped responding and has recovered etc i dunno if thats completely correct but thats the jist of it It youst happen only once and then never again until i close the game and start it back up again so i didnt have much of a problem with it but now it does it every mins sometimes every - seconds in bursts its got worse Ive looked through loads of forums and webpages and cant seem to find a fix Ive tried underclocking it increasing fan speed to lower temps deleted a particular vista update changed the layout to original windows used default settings in the Bios etc Anyone got any ideas Oh ye and also i cant seem to install alot of Vista updates secuirty ones mainly Ive got updates to install atm but everytime they fail to and i dont know why if i look through my update history theres been alot of fails to install updates in the past aswell Hope someone can help its driving me mad System specs E Ghz Dual core GT Factory Overclocked GB RAM Mhz W Hiper Power supply Cant remember the motherboard model soz Cheers nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/driver-has-stopped-responding-no-fix.871193/
Relevancy 50.31%

i recently had a new harddrive install but the guy forgot to put the dvd player back on. I went to compaq and downloaded what i need. Now my cd rom is not responding. It says to please insert the correct cd in when it already is in. I must have overwritten something cause it was working well untill i downloaded the stuff for the dvd player.please help Im using windows ME and the device manager says the device to working.

Relevancy 50.31%

when i open some application like mozilla or vmware workstation, suddenly my laptop stopped responding.i don't know what kind of problem is this. i have already change the RAM, but the problem still occurred. can someone help me?

here is my laptop's spec:

windows seven ultimate 32bit version 6.1 (build 7600)
ASUS X80L
intel core 2 duo CPU T5450 @ 1.66GHz
2.00 GB RAM
(sorry if i use broken english)

A:system stopped responding

Running a Virtual Machine on a system with only 2 gB of RAM is asking for freezes.
Please monitor the memory usage in Task Manager when you run the Virtual Machine.

Add more memory if possible (up to a maximum of 4 gB for 32 bit systems)

Also, I would set the memory on the virtual machine at 512 mB or lower to help stabilize your system.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/61586-system-stopped-responding.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi All I got a little problem with my program the responding has stopped win desktop For about week now I got BSOD s and several times a day I get the program has stopped the program has stopped responding responding messages Sometimes it comes back sometimes I hit the reset button to get it back When I hit the the program has stopped responding reset button windows tells me that the drive has to get checked for consistency or something like that It then starts checking and boots normally I also ran chkdsk with the try to recover bad cluster option checked Takes about hours to run I ran malwerbytes it found a bunch of stuff and removed it but no improvement A few month ago I wanted to make a backup of my system but could not because of a CRC error I ran chkdsk then and it found bad clusters So I am worried that my drive is going south Any suggestion on what I can do to get rid of those stopped responding messages Or is it time to look for a new hard drive Attached you can see the readout from crystal disk from May and from today They are different but the lines c c in yellow have not changed I named them old and new BTW I just back up my system without a problem Thanks Sven

A:the program has stopped responding

Hello and welcome to SevenForums, i can help you with the BSOD's as these may be pointing to your main issue.

Please click on the link below and use the provided tool.

Information
Before posting a BSOD thread, please read the instructions here: Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

If you need to add new information like the dump files, please make a new post in your initial BSOD thread. Please do not make an extra new thread.
He

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/343582-program-has-stopped-responding.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I put together a system for a friend of mine back in it's got these specs Asus P H -M LE i - Ghz cpu GB ram Western Digital TB Black Windows x Home and it's been working fine up until the last couple weeks when the system started throwing quot Windows Explorer is not responding quot messages and Explorer keeps Explorer responding has stopped having to be restarted This happens when doing any number of things opening files printing and sometimes just working in Word or Excel and this message Explorer has stopped responding pops up When I look at the system application log the message is quot The program Explorer EXE version stopped interacting with Windows and was closed To see if more information about the problem is available check the problem history in the Action Center control panel Process ID e c Start Time cfbba ad bcd Termination Time Application Path C Windows Explorer EXE Report Id f a - b- e -ae -f d fe ed quot There are any number of threads on Microsoft's website as well as here about this problem but nothing that anyone has posted seems relevant to this particular situation In some cases it was some software service from third party software but nothing like that has been installed Since it seems like a Explorer has stopped responding good half of people with this problem have or have had some kind of virus or malware infection I tried these things first in-depth scan with Eset Endpoint threat scan with Malwarebytes scan with Spybot scan with Malwarebytes anti-rootkit tool ran the system file checker tool and it didn't find any corrupted or changed system files ran Rkill Temp File Cleaner AdwCleaner and none of these found anything Explorer has stopped responding other than a few tracking cookies I also ran chkdsk and this disk appears in good condition and no problems were found I also installed Seagate Seatools for Windows and did a SMART and short disk test and both passed Does anyone have any suggestions about any other steps to take to fix this problem - Norm

A:Explorer has stopped responding

For anyone who happen to come across this thread; I kept trying various removal tools on the system and one of the last three that I tried: Temp File Cleaner, AdwCleaner and Junkware Removal Tool apparently was able to remove whatever was causing the problem and after that Explorer stopped crashing and restarting. So at least in this instance the problem was Malware related.

- Norm

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/342249-explorer-has-stopped-responding.html
Relevancy 50.31%

My computer occasionally freezes up for a few moments the screen flickers and I get a message saying AMD Driver stopped responding but has been reset It responding AMD Driver stopped happens randomly AMD Driver stopped responding when I m using the internet or watching videos though infrequently but it always seems to happen when I try to run certain games I probably would have assumed it was a driver issue in the beginning but this is actually working way better than it was before A few months ago installing a driver newer than the default one caused my screen to black out come back black out and then gave me a blue screen saying it couldn t reset I m trying to decide if it s a setting driver that s causing the problem or if I should update my PSU GPU Internet has told me to replace PSU before but my local computer repair store keeps saying no no if it was a psu problem the computer would just shut down and not respond Which one does this sound like nbsp

Relevancy 50.31%

Having installed Windows ME and Office 2000 Professional on several new Plll 733s with 128 Mb RAM, I am concerned that the systems sometimes "hang" and I get a message that "newsupd" has stopped responding. What does this refer to and how can I stop it happening?

A:Newsup has stopped responding

Here is a link to spyware concerning creative sound cards, maybe, maybe not http://cexx.org/newsupd.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/newsup-has-stopped-responding.38935/
Relevancy 50.31%

lets see i was playing cod one day and boom black screen and well i get the quot no signal quot from my monitor but my other two monitor on seperate video card work fine So i do a force shutdown come back on it says something about a DX error so i was hoping it was a one stopped Nvlddmkm responding... time deal but it kept happening but it seemed to be like that for seconds that reappear the video and do it again then it started donig it on desktop the error message in even viewer is quot Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully restarted quot the event ID is and well then i reinstalled the driver and tried again no fix then i installed an older nvidia driver no fix so i uninstalled all drivers did a driver cleaner pro installed the older driver again and now the vid issue Nvlddmkm stopped responding... persists but now my sound doesnt work this is the error message quot The description for Event ID from source nvlddmkm cannot be found Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted You can install or repair the component on the local computer If the event originated on another computer the display information had to be saved with the event The following information was included with the event Device Video CMDre c quot event ID Also what baffled me is it even happened with no video drivers installed my setup is EVGA Nvidia GTS MB Intel q EVGA nforce Nvlddmkm stopped responding... i t Patriot pc MHz pny GS for secondary monitors Nvlddmkm stopped responding... Sound card Razer barracuda AC- which detects no sound nbsp

A:Nvlddmkm stopped responding...

fixed both issues.... but i had to sacrifice my memory speeds, its my motherboard, i had to put my memory on link and sync i found it works, but i dont want to have to do this... ill be calling EVGA in the mornin

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nvlddmkm-stopped-responding.655207/
Relevancy 50.31%

I could only get it to the welcome page then freeze. It would not come up into safemode either. After all I ran avira from my ubcd and found no viruses. I then reinstalled xp from my restore cd. Now it will only start to the "we appologoze, windows did not start successfully" screen. It then counts down and nothing happens. I booted into BIOS and it recognises the HDD. Now I am lost.

A:My laptop stopped responding

Not sure what kind of computer you have or any specs. Can you start the computer from the cd and get to where you press r to get into reovery console. If so at the recovery console promt type chkdsk /r space after chkdsk before /r
You may have to type chkdsk c: /r space after chkdsk before c: and space after c: before /r Good Luck!!!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/my-laptop-stopped-responding-445020.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hii guys..
So when i play or browsing the internet, my computer not responding like the mouse cant move and i cant do anything such as windows button
the computer FREEZE and i cant do anything
so i decided to force shutdown it cause i dont know what to do  
help me

A:Stopped Working / Not Responding

So help us so we can help you,
What are the hardware and software specs? When did this start? Do you have a security program installed and current? Nothing personal just the necessary details so we have a better idea of what we are dealing with.
Thanks

Dick

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/574148/stopped-working-not-responding/
Relevancy 50.31%

I think my school laptop is infected with some sort of malware or maybe keylogger however, i someday searched on google for > Webcam MSN hack. For the funs you know see friends and stuff, who doesn't want that? lol..

Anyway when i pressed exe. CMD flashed sometimes and then it popped up 7 or more boxes saying BONK HAS STOPPED RESPONDING, this happens everytime i turn on PC it nags 7 windows and thats it. After 3 hours or more of usage my computer starts to go really laggy like, a restart solves this slowness. Oh and yeah, my webcam went on for some reason, i didnt even use it. My webcam flashed green like it was in use, i covered it at once but... Just when i covered it, it went off..

So i think someones playing with me here, i want this gone, anyone excperienced this please reply!!

thanks.

Relevancy 50.31%

I'm running Vista SP fully patched on a refurb Gateway HTPC that came with a Gateway branded remote IR receiver I use a Logitech Harmony remote that already knew how to talk to Media Center A couple weeks ago around the time I installed Windows' latest updates installed stopped VMC to remote responding Media Center stopped responding to both the Harmony amp the Gateway remotes I checked both The IR receiver flashes for both remotes and also appears with no problems in Device Manager Device Manager shows no hardware conflicts and no other hardware problems Media Center responds just fine to my wireless xGene mini-keyboard with trackball--but the remote makes TV viewing so much easier I have searched online and in this forum and nobody else seems to be reporting this problem so it can't be an issue with the Windows updates unless it's specific to something else in my PC The closest I came was a post on Aaron Stebner's blog VMC stopped responding to remote citing the same problem after MCE 's Update Rollup The solution then was to reconfigure the broadcast channel range but the steps Stebner gives don't appear to work with my remote Any ideas TIA

A:VMC stopped responding to remote

A few months ago my media center remote stopped working as well. I eventually found out that for some reason the "Human Interface Device Access" service had been disabled, resetting it to automatic worked for me, you may want to check to make sure its running

http://www.vistax64.com/software/185035-vmc-stopped-responding-remote.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Dell E running XP SP During use mouse kbd USB stopped responding & last night mouse amp keyboard just stopped responding at the time it was downloading a file USB mouse & kbd stopped responding the only action I did which may have caused this was unplug the USB speaker cable I did not stop the device - at that point mouse froze and keyboard not responding File continued to download until complete - so in general PC I would assume is OK if IE amp internet are working OK assume USB is the issue I rebooted PC and now can t get past login screen as keyboard and mouse are not working Removing any other USB device makes no difference It seems to boot OK normal icon amp user logo username amp password screen just no input from keyboard or mouse Tried the obvious using another mouse no difference Went into BIOS settings and USB ports are turned on front amp rear even toggled them which proves that at BIOS options level keyboard will work Removed power lead and held front on button for sec to reset no change Anybody any suggestions nbsp

Relevancy 50.31%

Hey
I know this seems to be a pretty common problem but nobody seems to have confirmed a solution so (I used search yes) I may as well make my own thread.

Hardware:
ATi Radeon HD4870x2
Intel Core 2 6700 @ 2.66GHz
4GB (2x2.0) Corsair Dominator ram

The problem occurs when playing games, yes they are all correct resolution.

I really have no idea whats causing this, I tried updating drivers and it still happens. I run my fan at 100% to keep the card cool and yet it still has problems.

Oh yeah, forgot to say I am running dual displays, they are stretched display. One 24" @ 1920x1200 and one 19" @ 1280 x 1024.

Any ideas?
Ty in advance

A:atikmdag stopped responding...

Try an older driver. Read the release notes for the game to see if it gives any hints.

When trying a different driver, be sure to completely remove the old one by running the ATI uninstall utility.

And run chkdsk /f to be sure there are no drive errors.

Are there any other problems with the machine?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/atikmdag-stopped-responding.832886/
Relevancy 50.31%

Ok, after a power supply failure I had recently, something stupid has been happening. In CS:S, certain maps (De_dust, cs_italy, de_inferno, etc.) have been, as soon as they load, my computer changes resolutions to a very low one, and shows the error saying that nv4_disp has stopped responding.

I then went and played NFS: MW for a little while, and as soon as I start a specific race near the start of the game, that happens.

It did this on the old hard drive, and I just formatted a new one and put XP on it, and it does the same darn thing. Any ideas? I have tried updating GPU drivers, and installing DX9.0c.

A:Nv4_disp has stopped responding

Heres some links you may find useful.

nv4_disp info.

http://www.viaarena.com/default.aspx?PageID=5&ArticleID=9

http://www.softwaretipsandtricks.com/forum/windows-xp/94-nv4_disp-dll-error.html

http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?nv4_disp

It's says that it is caused by not completely uninstalling your old drivers before updating to the new ones. I also learned that you should probably reinstall DirectX 9.0c. So completely uninstall your Video drivers and DirectX and then reinstall them.

Direct3D Error Info
I also just got done reading some other things about the Direct3D error and nearly everyone was able to fix it buy completely cleaning their PC of old Graphics drivers and DirectX and then reinstalling them. They did it by using software like Driver Cleaner Pro.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nv4_disp-has-stopped-responding.109796/
Relevancy 49.45%

I recently installed Win7 and had to manually install drivers. Lately, I've been getting this error while watching internet videos once or twice a day. My screen flickers, goes black for a second, and flashes back and the video screens are green... I don't understand why this is happening but it's really starting to bug me. Any suggestions?

A:Display driver stopped responding

We see this a lot where users replace a bunch of drivers given by the Win7 installer.

This is not XP. Win7 is mostly driver-complete, with newer arriving quickly via optional Windows Updates. Any drivers then missing in Device Manager can then be imported via the Support Downloads webpage for the computer or device.

You should not change out any drivers given by the installer/updates unless performance problems point to that driver.

You can try to roll back the drivers you changed to the ones given by the installer, then watch optional Updates. But what is often required when this mistake is made is to reinstall Win7.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/163968-display-driver-stopped-responding.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hello everyone

This is my first time posting for help, so please bear with me
I have attached a DxDiag which has my system specs to help.

Everytime I go into a graphic intensive game/program I randomly get this error "Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered.". I do not think it is a hardware issue as the problem only occured when I started to update the drivers.

To solve this, I have tried the following but to no avail;
- Uninstalled and clean installed the latest nividia drivers
- Reformatted my windows drive

I'm still not very sure what is the problem (could be a driver clash or HDD corruption), so i'm hoping that someone can point me in the right direction. Do I need to run SF Diagnostic Tool?

A:Nvlddmkm stopped responding when gaming

This may be of some assistance:-

Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/255443-nvlddmkm-stopped-responding-when-gaming.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hope I'm in the correct forum - I searched this issue and couldn't find an answer. Really appreciate your help in resolving this issue:

My Computer:
Intel Core i7 920 3.8 GHz Factory Overclock from 2.6 GHz
CPU Cooler - Corsair Water Cooler
Asus P6x58D premium MoBd
Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 6GB
Graphics Card BFG GeForce GTX 285 - 2GB
Win7 64Bit

Every once in a while while working on my computer, whether it be a graphics intensive game or just working in Word, my screen goes dark and i receive the following message:

"Display driver stopped responding and has recovered. NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver Version 34144 stopped responding"

I have updated my video driver but this seems to continue.

This has been happening for a long time and is beginning to increase in frequency.

Thanks for your help with this!!

Surlybonds

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/display-driver-stopped-responding-1109074.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I have just reinstalled windows on my system a clean install reformatted Drives all hardware was running fine but now I keep getting a Display driver stopped responding and has recovered warning pop up all the same hardware just added a SSD when this started I remove it and started to reinstall win again still have the same problem order of responding ATI Driver New stopped install install WIN - bit then motherboard ati orginal disk drivers tried updating win but keeps crashing so then install WIN - bit ATI Driver stopped responding New install then motherboard then the updates which add my video driver via win update problem back removed it then finish the updates for win install then ati latest drive which I was running prior to reformat still freeze and or a black screen then it works again for a few minutes I just want to add a SSD the ATI Driver stopped responding New install system was stable NEVER had a problem just want to clean it all out and add a drive all update were done Has anyone got a fix This is my first post ever so any help

A:ATI Driver stopped responding New install

Hey Michael Collins, Welcome to SF.

First of all, remove all the drivers of your graphic card (GPU). After removing all the drivers run this small software, Guru3D - Driver Sweeper. This small app will remove the bits of drivers installed in your hard drive. Go to AMD site and download the latest drivers from their (or you can download from Sevenforums as well). Install the latest drivers. As per my suggestion do not let Windows install update for your GPU. As, this can cause clashes between drivers from ATI and Windows and may cause crashes and BSODs.

If this resolved your issue, well and good. If not, check for dust on your GPU and processor.
P.S Do all the above steps without your SSD. After all is done, then install it.

Keep us posted.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/301099-ati-driver-stopped-responding-new-install.html
Relevancy 49.45%

When I use excel program, I usually found graphic card problem.Can you help me to fix this problem ? ( Microsoft office 2010 std. )

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Display-driver-stopped-responding/td-p/5634557
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi I keep wanting to post about this issue but wasn t at all sure where to put it For several months I ve been experiencing problems with my user on our desktop running very slowly The other users seem to be okay I frequently get messages that say quot A script on this page may be busy or it may have stopped responding You can stop the script now or you can continue to see if the script will complete quot Followed by the name of the offending script Here are five examples from today Script chrome global content bindings tabbox Scripts or Busy Responding Stopped xml Script chrome global content bindings autocomplete xml Script https s-static ak fbcdn net rsrc php v y r ouvoRk EVMA js Script resource components nsPrompter js Script chrome browser content browser js Each script is listed singly in its own popup with the preceding message If I click continue it seems to go back to normal though it takes a few seconds for the browser to recover The problem is that before the pop up comes up Scripts Busy or Stopped Responding everything slows to a crawl It sometimes take or more minutes to get any response to moving the cursor Here is my SysInfo Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Scripts Busy or Stopped Responding Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Pentium R CPU GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R G GV GL Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc M Antivirus ESET Smart Security Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled I have also noticed that my Task Manager shows multiple instances of svchost running at any given time I wondered if that was normal Any help would be greatly appreciated Also if anyone thinks there is a better place for this post please let me know nbsp

Relevancy 49.45%

I was using my dell computer for 2 hours when the screen went to red and blue triangles. After many days of messing with it I still get "display driver stopped responding and has recovered" message. ATI
Radeon Family Happens every 5-15 minutes. Can it be fixed??

A:display driver stopped responding

Welcome to Windows Seven Forums.

Have a look on Dell Support for updated drivers: Welcome to Dell Support

You may have to change your region. If so, just click the link at the top-lefdt of the web page.

If updating drivers does'nt fix things, you may have to consider replacing your graphics card.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/193616-display-driver-stopped-responding.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Yesterday morning I turned on my PC and the internet did not work for some strange reason I was really upset since I had this problem just last month and I had to pay to get it fixed Anyway I kept trying to open browsers etc but it wouldnt go to the web pages the internet was simply not responding well I tried everything and I really mean EVERYTHING My last resorts were using this powerful tool I found called TCP IP Repair which is a small tool that resets and repairs what Internet could suddenly responding, stopped it be? your IP and what not On top of that I seperately also tried other small repair techniques but they didnt work even after I rebooted I ended up just doing a system restore using ERUNT again Internet suddenly stopped responding, what could it be? but as usual it didnt work either Or did it today I turned my PC on and decided to give it another try for the hell of it To my shock for some reason the internet is now working I dont know what it was but something must have repaired it again I rebooted my PC many times yeterday after trying all these options and none of them work For some reason it now works after leaving it off for a night My fear now is that what if the problem comes back when I restart my PC again What could this be What should I do Any advice please Thanks

A:Internet suddenly stopped responding, what could it be?

Please reply with the make/model of your PC as well as the make/model of your network card make/model of your broadband modem and/or router. Is your PC connected via WIRED or WIRELESS?

Have you recently installed anything, installed any updates, updated any drivers or changed any Windows settings PRIOR to this problem occuring?

Have you scanned your PC for viruses or malware? What mfg/version of anti-virus and/or Firewall software do you use.

Please reply - but also post your original message to:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/secu...this-log-help/

and run the instructions on this site as we first need to rule out a virus or malware as a possible cause to your problem.

- John

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/internet-suddenly-stopped-responding-what-could-it-be-246201.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Just to throw that out there.

CPU: AMD Phenom II X3 720
MoBo: MSI 770-C45
GPU: Radeon 6750
Power Supply: Dynex 500W
RAM: 4 Gigs OCZ 1333 running @ 1:2:66

Brief rundown, I was running a low budget card for about a month, no problem what so ever. I upgraded to the 6750, and low and behold, I'm dealing with this issue again. I'm at my wits end.

I have booted to safe mode, uninstalled every video driver, re-installed, etc. I have slightly tinkered with the TDR timing, yet to no avail. I'm still doing research, troubleshooting, reading forums, etc. but would REALLY appreciate if someone can point me in the right direction.

Basically day to day operations are fine, but as soon as I boot up a game, all hope is lost.

P.S. Attached are more detailed specs, I appreciate any help!

A:Driver has stopped responding, atikmdag.sys

Welcome to SF.

Uninstall video driver, run driver sweeper, reboot and install latest driver.

Guru3D - Driver Sweeper

Let us know how that goes.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/211182-driver-has-stopped-responding-atikmdag-sys.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Original error message:
"Display driver NVIDIA Kernel Mode Driver, Version 314.22 stopped responding and has succesfully recovered"

I'm getting this error again and again, mainly in games. (Which seems logic, they use the graphics card most)
Games without DX11 will continue after a black screen has occured, but at very low FPS.
Games with DX11 will just crash and stop working after the same black screen.

I've seached the web to find any clue to this problem and the only thing I found out, is that lots of people are suffering the same problem, but I found no solution that work to some extend.

I'm desperate now and I hope that same professionals could help me here.

Thanks,
Terrakor

I am using the same drivers and have no problem with it. May I ask How did you install the drivers ? Did you install it with Kasperski Antivirus 2013 turn off ? Sometimes you need to do a clean install in Safe Mode. But in the mean time, Try using your PC with Kasperski Antivirus 2013 turned off to see if it still causes problem.

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/23230-display-driver-stopped-responding.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hello I'm having a little trouble with my Graphics card I think Every now and then everything freezes for a few seconds and a buzzing noise comes from the speakers If they are in use The screen then goes black for a second and an error message pops up stopped recovered responding and has Driver saying quot Driver stopped responding and has recovered quot What I'm ususally doing at the time is either watching movies Using VLC media player or playing an Online browser game I've not really noticed any Driver stopped responding and has recovered patterns or noticed anything that can be causing this so I'm a bit stuck I've looked around the internet and I'll list a few methods that I've already Driver stopped responding and has recovered tried but with no luck Made sure DirectX was up to date Checked that the motherboard s chipset drivers are up to date Downloaded the latest Microsoft Updates Checked my Graphics Drivers are up to date Completely removed my Graphics driver with Display Driver Uninstaller and then reinstalled it I've also gone into msconfig and removed all the unnecessary programs on startup I'll attach information from Speccy I hope someone can help Thanks Tom

A:Driver stopped responding and has recovered

Quote:

CPU
Intel Core i5 650 @ 3.20GHz 91 ?C
Clarkdale 32nm Technology
RAM
6.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 664MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard
Dell Inc. 0T568R (CPU 1) 127 ?C
Graphics
DELL ST2310 ([email protected])
1024MB ATI AMD Radeon HD 5450 (Dell) 79 ?C

Your system is running pretty hot, You might try clearing any built-up dust and lint. Pay special attention to the heatsinks' cooling fins as this is the area that lint often accumulates.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/driver-stopped-responding-and-has-recovered-875570.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Not sure if this is the right forum for this issue Tues of this week I turned on my PC in the morning and everything worked just fine Walked away for a few hours and turned off my screen saver and noticed some fragmenting in my background Rebooted my PC it stopped Driver responding has Display did it s full boot and then I got Display Driver has stopped responding the dreaded blue screen of death and it rebooted it s self Every since then it would pop up with random display driver stopped responding box The more graphic intensive processes I was doing the more often it would happen and would get the random blue screen So began my search I have read just about everything posted on this issue tried new drivers for both my video card motherboard just about them all Tested my memory and it s fine no errors tested my HD no errors there Even reinstalled my OS which is Win Pro bit This only Display Driver has stopped responding leaves the Power Supply CPU and Mother board I normally run BFG gt X my first thought was that since I live in AZ the heat had fried one the video cards have had some heat issues when I first put the machine together in March So I tried each card by itself and tried both PCI - E slots and got the same issue I even ganked my old EVGA GT out of my Mom s pc and still the same issue It s much better with the other video card I can now play my kiddie games as I call them with no issues but when ever I go for graphic intensive games I will get the dreaded message or it will lock up all together requiring a reboot After all the steps completed above running the gt I can do anything but high graphic demand things Can someone please help I am at my witts end and jonesing with out playing my games Current system set up CPU Intel MB Asus P N-D Memory Corsair Ballstix X GB HD Western Digital MB Video Card EVGA GT MB Bit DDR Or BFG GT X mb ddr Coolmax Watt PS LG CD DVD burner Everything but the cpu memory and the evga are just a tad bit over a year old the rest was bought Dec nbsp

A:Display Driver has stopped responding

Sounds like a failing power supply. Especially as the less powerful card is working.

The Coolmax unit you are using is just average, at best. I'd suggest a minimum 850w quality unit as you are using dual cards. Quality being Corsair or SeaSonic.

Check the output voltages in the BIOS.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/display-driver-has-stopped-responding.999117/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hey all i have a Asus 7850 i have Driver 13.1 installed i just bought this video card a couple weeks ago it works great but i got the display driver stopped responding and then recovered message my old video card was a xfx gtx 260 i uninstalled nvidia drivers then do a cleanup with driver sweeper before putting it the new card so any ideas for this error maybe nvidia drivers left over in the registry or something i don't know about any help would be appreciated.

Heres some more information about it

Source
Windows

Summary
Video hardware error

Date
‎4/‎25/‎2013 5:36 AM

Status
Not reported

Description
A problem with your video hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033

Extra information about the problem
BCCode: 117
BCP1: FFFFFA80059B9240
BCP2: FFFFF880050FA410
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: 0000000000000000
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 256_1

What kind of temps were you getting, and are you overclocking that card? If OC'n, STOP! That is obviously not stable.

Otherwise....

First thing I would do is reseat the video card:

Make sure the slot has no dust/debris, and all fans are clean and working properly, including others in the case.
Clean contacts in the actual slot and the ones on the card, if needed. (I use a rubber eraser, that doesn't create any debris)
Make sure it fits in very tight the entire length of the card and stays that way when you screw it back on the bracket in the back or whatever system your case uses to do that.

If going all out, I would consider removing the heatsink/fan and removing the current paste there and using Arctic Silver 5 or better, and then put it back together. [Care needed or at least recommended for this, there are special supplies for removing and cleaning up after thermal paste.]

Anyhow, I do all that to remove doubt, that it's the card, because no software fussing will fix an actual card issue.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/287712-display-driver-stopped-responding.html
Relevancy 49.45%

That is the message I get right after my videos crash. The whole screen blacks out and turns green. I'm not sure if it is Google Chrome or if it's my computer. Does anyone mind telling me how to fix it? What am I doing wrong?

Relevancy 49.45%

Hello,

So this morning I was playing FIFA 13, charger not plugged in and I noticed there is a performance difference between plugged in and not plugged in. The game was laggy a bit. Then suddenly, my game crash with a black screen first then a pop up yellow exclamation mark warning appears, something about :

Display driver 331.65 has stopped responding and has successfully recovered.

I restart my laptop and shut it down after some time. This afternoon I turn it on back and play FIFA 13 again but this time with the cable plugged in. The game was smooth now and the message earlier didn't appear. So this means I have to plugged in every time I want to play? Need advice on this. And why there is a performance difference when plugged in and not plugged in?

A:Driver 331.65 stopped responding and recovered

yea its cuz of ur graphics card.you can change that settings
if u have an amd graphics card go to amd cataylist centre and change the application settings to high performance(currently it must be on "based on power source" , which is while charging) this might help u out

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/42459-driver-331-65-stopped-responding-recovered.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi I'm having the same problem as many others out there When i play any game on my computer twist) responding.. has (with stopped atikmdag a it freezes for a couple of seconds and then continues when i exit the game i get the message quot atikmdag has stopped responding atikmdag has stopped responding.. (with a twist) and successfully recovered quot I have the Catalyst Install Manager on my computer but as far as I know I don't have the Control Panel Sometimes it freezes and I can continue playing the game but the game and the rest of my computer looses all color until I restart it If I log off and log on to atikmdag has stopped responding.. (with a twist) another file on my computer all colour returns but when I go back to my file there is still no colour When it goes gray everything has weird patterns some vibrant and others not and all words become black squares My computer crashed months ago and i got it serviced They said I had a defected mainboard they replaced it but when I got my computer back I noticed they had also changed the graphics card without telling me they changed it from a Nvidia series I don't remember It very well to a ATI Radeon HD series weeks after this problem started At first I thought it was my drivers so I made sure all my drivers were up to date Now I'm don't know what it is because windows tells me its the driver even though the driver is already updated Someone Please help It would be greatly appreciated Here are my computer specs Windows Vista Home Premium Bit Intel Core Quad CPU GHz GB of RAM ATI Radeon HD Series Thanks again to all that help sincerely Airborn And to add on- If I change my theme from windows vista to windows clasic while everything is gray there is colour again

A:atikmdag has stopped responding.. (with a twist)

Originally Posted by Airborn01

Hi,
I'm having the same problem as many others out there... When i play any game on my computer it freezes for a couple of seconds and then continues.. when i exit the game i get the message " atikmdag has stopped responding and successfully recovered" I have the Catalyst Install Manager on my computer but as far as I know I don't have the Control Panel.. Sometimes it freezes and I can continue playing the game but the game and the rest of my computer looses all color until I restart it. If I log off and log on to another file on my computer all colour returns but when I go back to my file there is still no colour. When it goes gray everything has weird patterns some vibrant and others not and all words become black squares..My computer crashed 2 months ago and i got it serviced. They said I had a defected mainboard? they replaced it but when I got my computer back I noticed they had also changed the graphics card without telling me? they changed it from a Nvidia 7 series ( I don't remember It very well) to a ATI Radeon HD 3400 series. 2 weeks after this problem started. At first I thought it was my drivers so I made sure all my drivers were up to date.. Now I'm don't know what it is because windows tells me its the driver even though the driver is already updated. Someone Please! help! It would be greatly appreciated.
Here are my computer specs
Windows Vista Home Premium 32Bit.
Intel Core 2 Quad CPU @ 2.40GHz
3.00GB of RAM
ATI Radeon HD 3400 Series

Thanks again to all that help!
sincerely Airborn
And to add on- If I change my theme from windows vista to windows clasic while everything is gray there is colour again

Airborne

Here is a link to a page that describes the problem and suggests fixes. its here AMD Game Forums - ATIKMDAG.sys problems and TDR FAQ

Hope this helps and let us know if you need help

Ken

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/244328-atikmdag-has-stopped-responding-twist.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi,

Having issues with Winows Media Player Ver 11.0.6002.18111 when I go to open a file to play it has a error WINDOWS HAS STOPPED RESPONDING. Can I unistall and reinstall it in Windows Vista Business 64Bit OS and need some help to find the download link on the microsoft site.

Cheers,

A:WMP Stopped Responding VISTA 64Bit OS

WMP 11 Download Link.Looks promising, http://social.technet.microsoft.com/forums...7-19e1a1fe11a9/Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/336483/wmp-stopped-responding-vista-64bit-os/
Relevancy 49.45%

Sometimes, after having been on for a long time, my screen will go black for a few seconds. It comes back a bit awkwardly, with different parts of the screen appearing separately. Once everything is back, I get a little popup saying that the display driver stopped responding, and has recovered. It's only a minor annoyance, but I'd like to know if there's any way to fix this? In my device manager, it says that I'm missing a video controller, which could be the cause of this.

A:Display Driver Has Stopped Responding

Hi Wrinkledlion, Its the sort of thing you really want to get sorted. The first step would be to check your manufacturer for driver updates that could address this issue
If you could fill out your system specs in your user control panel at the top of the page it would be appreciated as it would make it easier to assist you

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/40921-display-driver-has-stopped-responding.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hello I have a dell inspiron Laptop that came with the vista platform However I have upgraded my computer since and it s been years now as well to windows ultimate For months I have been able to use my computer fine with no problems whatsoever pertaining to my Display but of late since about months now or so my computer has been delaying when I am watching movies and now every time I am on it my display driver keeps on stopping and then displays this message quot DISPLAY DRIVER STOPPED AND HAS RECOVERED quot I get this message I would say almost every - Driver stopped Display responding minutes when I am using my computer It is getting frustrating because it makes it harder to watch movies and burn any kind of dvds on my computer Can anyone help me please I uninstalled and then reinstalled Display Driver stopped responding the drivers a couple of times but nothing has changed since What could be the possible solution to this Thanks

A:Display Driver stopped responding

Please try here http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2665946

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/473315/display-driver-stopped-responding/
Relevancy 49.45%

"Driver has stopped responding but has been restarted"

I get a error message similar to this EVERY time I play a game. Game will freeze for 30 second, and then restart or crash. I recently upgraded from 2gb of ram to 4gb. Ram is not faulty as have ran many tests.
I was told it is an old problem with Vista.

Recently installed SP1 hoping this would solve the issue. No luck. Latest nVidia drivers do not work either.

ANY help with this would be much appreciated as it's driving me nuts.

All the Best

A:Driver has stopped responding but has been restarted

Is you new RAM EXACTLY like the ones pre-installed?

I mean EXACTLY...

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/140389-driver-has-stopped-responding-but-has-been-restarted.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi guys..
A few days ago i kept getting *Windows Eplorer.exe has stopped responding*
and then today i got the error when i restart to pc.i have tryed to get it in safe mode but i get the same thing there
Pluss. Its all black my background,So i whent into task manager and found that explorer.exe wasnt running..so i start it and i get the same message,I cant do anything with it so please help !!

Thank you
iciboy

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-eplorer-exe-has-stopped-responding-543967.html
Relevancy 49.45%

quot Display Driver Stopped Responding Responding Driver Stopped Display and has recovered quot Display Driver Stopped Responding I know this is not a unique problem since I can find it all over this and other Display Driver Stopped Responding forums but none of the fixes I've tried have worked and no situations I've read about are like mine This is a problem that occurred two or three times over a one-year period since I built my unit--nothing to really complain about Usually the screen went black for a second recovered and I was on my way But like a number of problems I'm dealing with now it has gotten much worse since I upgraded to Windows and subsequently had to abandon that hard drive and go back Windows on a new hard drive a couple months ago It still wasn't a huge issue until this morning when it has occurred over and over and now it often doesn't recover the monitor goes to sleep and all I can do is turn the computer off and on to start over My GPU is a NVIDIA GeForce and I have uninstalled the old drivers reinstalled new ones with a clean install and this makes no difference In fact I've done this several times with different driver versions What have I done recently that could make a sudden change I've included some add-ons to my web browser but I took those off just in case I installed an SSD this weekend which the computer fully recognizes and which I plan to eventually use to hold programs but right now it's just empty one of three hard drives I'd be grateful for any ideas By the way all I'm trying to do is work on Word documents I do video editing at times but at the moment I'm just trying to respond to my students essays with all other programs closed

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/385589-display-driver-stopped-responding.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I think many people know of this message its aggravating me to and.. stopped Display has driver responding say the least It happens on Display driver has stopped responding and.. every game I play and often results in a blue screen I have tried numerous quot fixes quot and when Display driver has stopped responding and.. it seems I have fixed Display driver has stopped responding and.. it it happens again I'm not sure where the problem lies not that computer savvy Tried disabling PhysX setting TDRlevel to updating drivers rolling back drivers and an assortment of other things Any assistance would be appreciated Here's the dxdiag log if it helps anything Code ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report Machine name DEREK-PC Operating System Windows Home Premium -bit Build win rtm - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer System manufacturer System Model System Product Name BIOS BIOS Date Ver Processor AMD Athlon tm II X Processor CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Available OS Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DirectX DX Setup Parameters Not found User DPI Setting Using System DPI System DPI Setting DPI percent DWM DPI Scaling Disabled DxDiag Version bit Unicode ------------ DxDiag Notes ------------ Display Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Input Tab No problems found -------------------- DirectX Debug Levels -------------------- Direct D retail DirectDraw retail DirectInput retail DirectMusic retail DirectPlay retail DirectSound retail DirectShow retail --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name NVIDIA GeForce GT Manufacturer NVIDIA Chip type GeForce GT DAC type Integrated RAMDAC Device Key Enum PCI VEN DE amp DEV amp SUBSYS DA amp REV A Display Memory MB Dedicated Memory MB Shared Memory MB Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor Name Generic PnP Monitor Monitor Model SyncMaster Monitor Id SAM Native Mode x p Hz Output Type DVI Driver Name nvd dumx dll nvwgf umx dll nvwgf umx dll nvd dum nvwgf um nvwgf um Driver File Version English Driver Version DDI Version Driver Model WDDM Driver Attributes Final Retail Driver Date Size bytes WHQL Logo'd n a WHQL Date Stamp n a Device Identifier D B E E- - CF- F- E CC C Vendor ID x DE Device ID x SubSys ID x DA Revision ID x A Driver Strong Name oem inf NVIDIA SetA Devices NTamd Section pci ven de amp dev Rank Of Driver E Video Accel ModeMPEG A ModeMPEG C ModeVC C ModeWMV C Deinterlace Caps CB - - - E - C DB Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive F F DA - B - B F- D -C E EAAB Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY A A C -C EC- BD - EDE-F C DC B Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch CB - - - E - C DB Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive F F DA - B - B F- D -C E EAAB Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY A A C -C EC- BD - EDE-F C DC B Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch CB - - - E - C DB Format In Out YV x Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive F F DA - B - B F- D -C E EAAB Format In Out YV x Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps Vi... Read more

A:Display driver has stopped responding and..

Welcome!

Have you tried these drivers? If those do not work, go into Device Manager, right-click on your card, and select Uninstall Drivers. Reboot, and see if it works.

If not, then go back to Device Manager, select your card, and click Update Drivers.

~JK

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/58597-display-driver-has-stopped-responding.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hello!

I have a pretty big problem (at least I think so).

I bought a machine with Vista installed on it (brand new) with a Windows 7 Upgrade Option "ticket"..

When I ran Vista Home Premium x64 I got "atikmdag.sys" BSOD and driver error. I though that Windows 7 would fix this, so I stopped playing games, and started surfing the internet while waiting for 7.

When 7 came, I installed it (upgrade) and later that day I decided to do a clean installation.
I started a game, and randomly I get this message: "Graphicdriver ATI Radeon Family stopped responding, and has sucessfully recovered"

- I've tried to uninstall/install the newest drivers, even tried older ones without sucess.
- Sent Microsoft/ATI an email, but they don't know what the problem is.
- Used my warranty and got a new identical graphic card.
- Increased fan speed to 60%. (I don't overclock graphic cards)

A:ATI Radeon Family stopped responding

Try this:

?Download and install Driver Sweeper from:
Guru3D - Driver Sweeper

?Uninstall ATI Catalyst Install Manager from "Control Panel\Programs>Uninstall a Program\" :

?Re-Boot into Safe Mode and run Driver Sweeper (to ensure complete removal of items, Run Driver Sweeper as admin. "Right-click Driver Sweeper > properties > Compatibility tab tick 'Run this program as Administrator' " :

?In Driver Sweeper select the ATI- Display only and then Analyse:

?Now select Clean to remove all ATI software:

All ATI software should now completely removed.

Re-boot normally and install the drivers.

This should hopefully remove any 'left overs' and let you start from scratch.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/37792-ati-radeon-family-stopped-responding.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I'm have ''Display driver NVIDIA Windows kernel Mode driver,version 195.55 stopped responding and has sucessfully recovered." when i play games.
I don't get this error in Windows XP, only getting it in Win Vista and Win7
I've tried several drivers and even reinstalled Win7 but i can't fix this

Most likely, something to do with system ram.

Visit the maker of you ram modules' site to determine the correct Vdimm (ram voltage) and timings. Set the motherboard accordingly.

Also, could be caused by too much heat on the gpu. Try running with a big room fan blowing inside the open case, as a test.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/40228-display-driver-stopped-responding.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I got a new computer 3 days ago and I have a problem with graphic card. When I try to play a game it works and then the screen stops responding for about 30 seconds and comes back and says Display driver has stopped responding and har recovered. I tried updating the drivers, flashing BIOS but nothing helped.
I have GA-P55S-UD3 motherboard, ATI Radeon HD5850 graphics, and i7 860 CPU.

Thanks for the help.

I had the same problem before with my HD5750 but it just suddenly stopped. Been clear for long time now.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/66711-display-driver-stopped-responding.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hello So my laptop has just stopped working - it will stopped - has responding HELP! Windows Microsoft load up with the desktop background and the icons on the desktop but nothing else will appear or work It keeps coming up with a box that says 'microsoft windows has stopped responding Microsoft Windows has stopped responding - HELP! if you wait it may start responding end process' If I leave it nothing happens it just stays If I close it then the box goes away but still nothing works at all I can't click on anything and the mouse is just a little spinning wheel If I click end process it does the same thing I've tried turning it off holding the power button down till the laptop turns off and turning it on again but that doesn't seem to fix the problem it just does the same thing all over again Nothing seems to work and I can't really find an answer anywhere I've tried starting up task manager but when I press down Ctrl Alt Del the screen goes black stays black for about five mins and then goes back onto the desktop background still unable to do anything No clue please help

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/5080d1bd-0b2d-4632-adc0-120d8648e82d/microsoft-windows-has-stopped-responding-help?forum=w7itproperf
Relevancy 49.45%

That dialogue pop up in the corner and it let's me end process or cancel. I can open up command prompt but not browse for exe or it freezes because explorer.exe doesn't run properly. I have checked for errors with sfc /scannow and it says errors will be fixed on reboot. I checked for ram errors and it is fine. I also repaired and compacted my registry with norton utilities 15. If I boot into safe mode it works fine. This all happened from a cd falling and turning my power strip off. Any ideas :(?

A:Microsoft windows has stopped responding

Hi, we need a little more info what make and model is your computer? When you say a CD caused the power strip to turn off, do you mean the computer was shutdown, without you using the shutdown procedure?

Try a clean boot let us know what happens

How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista or in Windows 7

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/microsoft-windows-has-stopped-responding-660115.html
Relevancy 49.45%

ok some one please tell me what is wrong with my pc... i have had this problem ever since I built it I have no idea what is causing the problem but I know for sure it is not my gpu or my ram as i have gone out and got new of both and the error keeps coming back the only thing i can think that could be causeing it is my cpu. I really want to switch to intel now. also I watch the heat and nothing changes it is all normal.
http://pcpartpicker.com/user/kenman/saved/1aZm

tell me what i need to get to fix this problem please i dont care how much it will cost it is so annoying.

also i was playing a game named godus and it came up with this error

Memory exception (11) attempting to access 1AC8B000 which in or around guarded region 'heap0' [ip=50B6D0CF

Relevancy 49.45%

Dear everybody,

this issue came up since i updated my FF4, and this is really...really suck..

I wonder whether there are any other ways to fix it, please kindly help me

Thanks

A:Display driver stopped responding..?

Only two things I can think of. 1. Remove the driver and update it. 2. Go back to the older FF. I would try the driver update first. Make sure you reboot after driver installation.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/164954-display-driver-stopped-responding.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I am having a problem with my new laptop Its a company laptop Dell and it so annoying when Window stop responding while I was working I had to power off and on and it happen quite frequent I have tried few solution I found in the internet but it didnt work I really need to solve this issue ASAP MiniToolBox by Farbar Version - - Ran by ISMAILE administrator on - - at Running from C Users ismaile Stopped after Windows 10 + responding minutes. Downloads Windows Enterprise Service Pack X Boot Mode Normal Event log errors Application errors Error AM Source Application Error User Description Faulting application name communicator exe version time stamp x bc de Faulting module name KERNELBASE dll version time stamp x b c a Exception code xe d Fault offset x c f Faulting process id x af Faulting application start time xcommunicator exe Faulting application path communicator exe Faulting module path communicator exe Report Id communicator exe Error AM Source Application Error User Description Faulting application name communicator exe version time stamp x bc de Faulting module name KERNELBASE dll version time stamp x b c a Exception code xe d Fault offset x c f Faulting process id xad Faulting application start time xcommunicator exe Faulting application path communicator exe Faulting module path communicator exe Report Id Windows Stopped responding after 10 + minutes. communicator exe Error AM Source Application Error User Description Faulting application name communicator exe version time stamp x bc de Faulting module name KERNELBASE dll version time stamp x b c Windows Stopped responding after 10 + minutes. a Exception code xe d Fault offset x c f Faulting process id xd c Faulting application start time xcommunicator exe Faulting application path communicator exe Faulting module path communicator exe Report Id communicator exe Error AM Source Microsoft Operations Manager User NT AUTHORITY Description The agent could not connect to Windows Stopped responding after 10 + minutes. the MOM Server sg appp asiapac apci com The error reported is 'A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond ' Verify the management group name is correct the MOM Server is running that it is listening on port and that any firewalls between this agent and the MOM server are configured to pass TCP and UDP traffic on port Error AM Source AutoEnrollment User Description ASIAPAC ISMAILE x aThe specified server cannot perform the requested operation Error AM Source WinMgmt User Description root CIMV SELECT FROM InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN WHERE TargetInstance ISA Win Processor AND TargetInstance LoadPercentage gt x Error AM Source Microsoft Operations Manager User NT AUTHORITY Description The agent could not connect to the MOM Server sg appp asiapac apci com The error reported is 'A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond ' Verify the management group name is correct the MOM Server is running that it is listening on port and that any firewalls between this agent and the MOM server are configured to pass TCP and UDP traffic on port Error AM Source AutoEnrollment User Description ASIAPAC ISMAILE x aThe specified server cannot perform the requested operation Error AM Source WinMgmt User Description root CIMV SELECT FROM InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN WHERE TargetInstance ISA Win Processor AND TargetInstance LoadPercentage gt x Error AM Source Application Error User Description Faulting application name communicator exe version time stamp x bc de Faulting module name KERNELBASE dll version time stamp x b c a Exception code xe d Fault offset x c f Faulting process id xcb Faulting application start time xcommunicator exe Faulting application path communicator exe Faulting module path communica... Read more

A:Windows Stopped responding after 10 + minutes.

I would remove Advanced Fix from the system...then run the sfc /scannow command.

Programs such as this...well, they are probably more harmful than helpful, IMO.

Bleeping Computer DOES NOT recommend the use of registry cleaners/optimizers for several reasons.  Registry cleaners are extremely powerful applications that can damage the registry by using aggressive cleaning routines and cause your computer to become unbootable.

Per http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Registry :
 “The Windows registry stores all application settings in one logical repository (but a number of discrete files) and in a standardized form.  The registry contains important configuration information for the operating system, for installed applications as well as individual settings for each user and application. A careless change to the operating system configuration in the registry could cause irreversible damage, so it is usually only installer programs which perform changes to the registry database during installation/configuration and removal.  If a user wants to edit the registry manually, Microsoft recommends that a backup of the registry is performed before the change.  Editing the registry is sometimes necessary when working around Windows-specific issues e.g. problems when logging onto a domain can be resolved by editing the registry.  The Windows registry can be edited manually using programs such as regedit.exe, although these tools do not expose some of registry's metadata such as the last modified date.”

Put simply, the Windows registry is a central repository of information about all aspects of the
computer - in particular, its hardware, operating system, applications and users.

Per http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Registry_cleaner  :
“A registry cleaner is a class of third party software utility designed for the Microsoft Windows operating system, whose purported purpose is to remove redundant items from the Windows registry.

Registry cleaners are not supported by Microsoft, but vendors of Registry cleaners claim that they are useful to repair inconsistencies arising from manual changes to applications, especially COM-based programs.  The necessity and usefulness of registry cleaners is a controversial topic, with experts in disagreement over their benefits. The problem is further clouded by the fact that malware and scareware are often associated with utilities of this type.

There is a popular misconception that the value of registry cleaning lies in reducing "registry bloat". Even a neglected registry will seldom contain more than two or three thousand redundant entries. Bearing in mind that the modern registry may contain more than a million entries, the elimination of two or three thousand will not save any noticeable amount of scanning time.  Some registry cleaners make no distinction as to the severity of the errors, and many that do may erroneously categorize errors as "critical" with little basis to support it. It.  Removing or changing certain registry data can prevent the system from starting, or cause application errors and crashes

A poorly-designed registry cleaner may not be equipped to know for sure whether a key is still being used by Windows or what detrimental effects removing it may have. This may lead to loss of functionality and/or system instability.  While it is true that some registry cleaners are safe, these cleaners do not improve performance. The rest are a mix of snake-oil, actual malware, or dangerously powerful tools unsuited to non-professionals.”

For the reasons pointed out above and others…BC does not encourage/suggest that any member employ…a registry cleaner/optimizer.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/497065/windows-stopped-responding-after-10-minutes/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hello all I recently upgraded to windows from vista to try and solve an issue I have with my video drivers crashing whenever i do something graphically intensive I responding stopped driver Video opened up a thread on the vista forums here Video Drivers Crashing - Vista Forums But it doesn't seem that anyone can help me I tried all of the basic troubleshooting steps and have updated all the drivers on my system Repost from link The problem I am having is that I upgraded my graphics card recently to an Nvidia GT I have done numerous checks RAM CPU power supply updated every driver on my system etc and have had the graphics card replaced but am still receiving the same issue When I load up video games I will receive the message quot Driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has recovered quot at random intervals Sometimes my system will completely freeze because the drivers won't recover I contacted nvidia about the drivers and they had me try out a few driver versions which i had already done before telling me to get the graphics card replaced Does anyone have any ideas what could be causing this It really seems to be an issue between vista and the graphics Video driver stopped responding card drivers but i don't know how i would resolve that

A:Video driver stopped responding

Hello i solve this problem disabling aero effects in the win7 themes, is a common issue today but there isnt fix yet, good luck

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/155436-video-driver-stopped-responding.html
Relevancy 49.45%

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YUFNu4CNs0&feature=g-upl
my system
ASUS M5A78L LE AMD 760G/SB710 AM3+ DDR3 2000MHZ (O.C.) ANAKarT
CORSAIR 4GB VENGEAnCE DDR3 1600MHZ CL9 TEK MODÜL BELLEK
AMD PHENOM II X4 980 BLACK EDITION AM3 3.7GHZ 8MB CACHE 45NM İŞleMCI
GTX560 TI TOP (OVerCLOCKLU MODELI) GDDR5 1 GB
XileNCE 580W PSU

everytime i play mw3 it goes black screen then computer freeze with a sound like brrrr can anyone help me please? i installed 295.73 drivers after but it didnt work also

Relevancy 49.45%

Dear All I recently removed some spyware from my machine called slowed stopped and Computer responding down has AntiVirusPro It created all sorts of problems and I had to remove anything ending in sysguard I ran Avira and then Malware bytes and seemed to clean up everything Computer has slowed down and stopped responding Now today the machine has become completely unresponsive when doing any tasks I can get second delays for any task I have attached my log below IF someone could help me I would very much appreciate it Sorry I don t have anymore information than this as I am aware you need as much info as possible Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS System WLTRYSVC EXE C WINDOWS System bcmwltry exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop sched exe C Program Files Computer has slowed down and stopped responding Adobe Photoshop Elements PhotoshopElementsFileAgent exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avguard exe C Program Files Dell Network Assistant hnm svc exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C WINDOWS system lxcrcoms exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files NDAS System ndassvc exe C Program Files Dell QuickSet NICCONFIGSVC exe C WINDOWS stsystra exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avgnt exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE CLI EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe C Program Files NDAS System ndasmgmt exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C Documents and Settings emily Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings emily Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings emily Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings emily My Documents Downloads hijackthis sfx exe C Program Files HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL www google ie ig dell hl en amp client dell-row amp channel ie amp ibd R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google ie R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search Default Page URL www google ie ig dell hl en amp client dell-row amp channel ie amp ibd R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www google ie ig dell hl en amp client dell-row amp channel ie amp ibd R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer http R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - Hosts localhost O - Hosts browser-security microsoft com O - Hosts spyware-protector- com O - Hosts www spyware-protector- com O - Hosts secure spyware-protector- com O - Hosts knocker O - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Progr... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-has-slowed-down-and-stopped-responding.893960/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi guys, how are you all?

So anyways, I just got a new Toshiba A500 on Sunday and I am still getting used to it, but when browsing for some pictures on google my screen totally blacked out for 3 seconds then came back with this message at the toolbar thing:

Alright, I got REALLY freaked out when that happened, can somebody PLEASE help me out? What is happening, is there something wrong with my laptop? How do I stop this from happening?

A:Display Driver stopped responding?!?!

Update your graphics drivers:

32-bit: NVIDIA DRIVERS 197.16 WHQL
64-bit: NVIDIA DRIVERS 197.16 WHQL

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/84870-display-driver-stopped-responding.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi,

Whenever I play a game after about 1 minute the screen artifacts, go's black then goes back to the game screen. This happens every minute or so.

On returning to windows there is an error notification stating "atikmdag stopped responding then recovered".

I have trailed the net looking for a fix and haven't found anything. I have cleaned the drivers out and installed the latest 7.10 catalyst suite.

My system spec is as follows.

OS Windows Vista Premium 64bit
AMD 64 Athlon x2 6400+
Asus Crosshair MoBo
2 GB pc2 - 6400 RAM
MSI ATI R2600XT Diamond 512mb ddr4 (this is the offending article i think)
700w EZ Cool PSU

I have contacted MSi and ATI/AMD, both don't have an answer to the problem.

Thanks in advance for any help.

A:atikmdag stopped responding then recovered

My favorite magic solution to these things is to pop the card out, let it sit around for a couple minutes, then plug it back in carefully. The key is to convince yourself in those 2 minutes that you did it right the first time and you're going to prove it to the computer this time so that it can never doubt you again.

I don't know why, but this seems to work a lot.

The card could be an issue, though. Is it a specific game, or all games?

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/102816-atikmdag-stopped-responding-then-recovered.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hey guys My has responding. computer stopped completely My computer is becoming extremely sluggish and slow and parts of the interface don't respond at all at times It has only just happened after I installed CS on my computer although now My computer has completely stopped responding. I have uninstalled this and it appears My computer has completely stopped responding. to have had absolutely no effect whatsoever As an example of the freezing sometimes the taskbar is visible but does not respond but the program that I am focused on before it freezes still works fine - although maybe a little slower than normal or maybe that's just me Only a week or so ago I sent my computer in for a health My computer has completely stopped responding. check at a PC place near me which is seriously good and all they could find wrong with it was that the fan in my GFX card was seizing and causing crashes Since then I have reinstalled Windows XP and also installed a new ATI Radeon and drivers Other than that I can't think of anything other than CS that may be doing this The only programs I have installed recently are CS including Bridge etc and MagicISO I've looked in the registry for anything suspicious booting up at startup but nothing appears suspicious - I know what everything is and they all appear to be completely legitimate programs I'm considering re-installing Windows a bit later tonight unless someone comes up with an answer Whilst I'm here this is nearly as important as the above does anyone know how to change the default Program Files directory Thanks

A:My computer has completely stopped responding.

get a registry scanner like reg seeker and adware malware the fun stuff might be there and change start up items and if its a stock computer like hp or e-machines theres probably alot of bloatware

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/my-computer-has-completely-stopped-responding-160050.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I've built myself a new computer and can't seem to figure this error out. I can run on the internet just fine, watching videos and surfing the web. When I play a graphic intense game (Aion), it will let me play for a minute or two then I get the screen will flash a few times and go black.

"Display Driver has stopped responding and has recovered succesfully." Is the error I get.

I have updated the driver for the Video card and Chipset to no avail. I did play Rise of Nations without any problems, but the game is pretty old and graphics are pretty bad. Does anybody know how to fix this issue? Is my graphic card overheating? Is it a problem with Windows 7? Any help would be appreciated. My specs follow.

A:Display Driver stopped Responding

I guess you have bios version 1207? Below link - downloads - select OS - bios - v1207 - this is easiest tool to update bios as you can do it from with in OS - ASUS Update V7.17.02 under utilities. 1207 is listed as the bios that supports the core i3 under CPU Suport List.

ASUSTeK Computer Inc.

Nice new board have you latest ATI Drivers 9.12? Graphics Drivers & Software

If you start a thread at asus forums or search the forums you might find something if these suggestions dont solve it :
ASUSTeK Computer Inc.-Forum-

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/56237-display-driver-stopped-responding.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I've been getting this message a lot lately

I only browse the web using firefox, no music no videos no nothing!

Relevancy 49.45%

WINDOWS EXPLORER HAS STOPPED RESPONDING..This is something that shows up several times a day and it just freezes the computer. Try the old faithful "ALT-CTRL-DELETE" and it may or may not show up.

Eventually, after sitting there and trying to decide what to do, Explorer comes up with a three question quiz.....I always end program and have to start over again.

Has anyone else had this happen and, if so, has anyone installed Firefox? If so, is it a good search engine? I am getting to a point where I am thinking of buying a Bill Gates voodoo doll. I have the pins ready.....

A:Windows Explorer has stopped responding.

I had it last nite. I downloaded a program and it was FULL of viruses and shut down my windows explorer then cleared my desktop. I finally had to reboot in safe mode run my programs to remove the junk and then use my system restore.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/210157/windows-explorer-has-stopped-responding/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi everyone! Since two days ago I have this problem, the screen freezes, turns black, and then back to normal, and it happens every couple of seconds after playing for a minute or so. It started just after I installed enb for skyrim and run with it along with hialgo software. After an hour or so playing, my screen would do just that, freeze to black and driver would crash, and after that it would be a non stop black screen party in everygame. Since then, I've reinstalled my system twice, changed drivers 4 times and still the problem occurs. My gpu is not overclocked, nor is my cpu, I'm running on a laptop with i3-3327u and radeon 7670m, my os is win7 64bit.

A:Driver has stopped responding and has recovered

Underclocking the gpu memory by 100mhz seems to have solved the problem, but I don't like this solution not one bit, also, the temperature of the gpu before the underclocking was 49 idle and 55 when crash occures.

Edit: no it didn't, just delayed in time, underclocking core by 100mhz solved the problem

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/619640/driver-has-stopped-responding-and-has-recovered/
Relevancy 49.45%

Twice in last 2 weeks, some of my tiles (Games, Bing News, Store, People, Mail, etc.) have just stopped responding.When clicked, I get a blank screen, then the full Start Screen re-appears.Other tiles such as Chrome, Word and Outlook work OK.When this first happened, I did a system restore, and the problem went away, but this time the restore point seems to have gone too.The 'Change PC Settings' does not work either, as I decided to try a complete refresh, but can't access that.Please help, someone.

A:Some Start Tiles have stopped responding

Maybe this thread will help:

Windows Update wont download... SFC finds corrupt cant fix

Dism & sfc really help.

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/40401-some-start-tiles-have-stopped-responding.html
Relevancy 49.45%

im having trouble when i try to play this game
after nearly five minutes of playing it the game closes itself down and i get a message saying
the display driver nvlddmkm has stopped responding
i have 4gb ram , nvidia geforce gt 240 graphics card and 2.33ghz
im using windows vista 32bit sp2
my computer is a dell inspiron/studio 540
the game im trying to play is two worlds epic edition
if you could offer any assistance please do
and if you want to know anything else just ask

A:display driver stopped responding

Check and update your DirectX 9 drivers, as the game your playing might not support DirectX 10. Also check and update your graphics drivers too. If your still having problems, then possibly downgrade the graphic's, as if too many things are on the screen, it may cause the driver to stop responding.

IF still having troubles, try and contact Nvidia support team.
Sincerely,

Hahaz.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/335164/display-driver-stopped-responding/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi, my problem is about my GPU, the display drivers stop responding and then it recovers again. After that I cannot play any video what so ever (game, online video, etc). this is the message:
(Display driver stopped responding and has recovered - Display driver NIVIDA Winnows Kernel Driver, Version 285.62
stopped responding and has successfully recovered)

AND YES I AM USING THE LATEST NVIDIA DRIVERS.

Thank you.

Relevancy 49.45%

I've had this problem for the LONGEST time and I think it's time to end. I got this laptop for Christmas so I've dealt with it for a solid 6 months. So,whenever  I'm playing a game sometimes it just says that message and one of 2 things happensThe game just crashesor I have to wait a certain time for it to respond againThis is just really annoying and I've tried so,so,so many times to fix this looking up guides but it just won't be fixedI have no idea what's happening and this is my last resort

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/quot-Application-has-stopped-responding-and-has-recovered/td-p/5655744
Relevancy 49.45%

Hello,

I keep getting a "display driver has stopped responding and has recovered" error message and then the system freezes every half hour/hour.

I ran the SF Diagnostic Tool in Admin mode but it wouldn't let me run minidump (even as Admin) - keep getting "Unhandled exception has occurred ..."

Anyway, I've attached the zip file.

Any help would be much appreciated.

- Dave

A:Display Driver Stopped Responding

Code:

Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.11.0001.404 AMD64
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Loading Dump File [K:\BSODDmpFiles\MinisitePro\Seven Forums\020112-62150-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

Symbol search path is: SRV*c:\symbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Executable search path is:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7601 (Service Pack 1) MP (6 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS Personal
Built by: 7601.17640.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.110622-1506
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`02e19000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`0305e670
Debug session time: Wed Feb 1 09:15:22.621 2012 (GMT-7)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:25:19.745
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 116, {fffffa800f919010, fffff880096073bc, 0, 2}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\atikmpag.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atikmpag.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmpag.sys
Probably caused by : atikmpag.sys ( atikmpag+73bc )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

5: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (116)
Attempt to reset the display driver and recover from timeout failed.
Arguments:
Arg1: fffffa800f919010, Optional pointer to internal TDR recovery context (TDR_RECOVERY_CONTEXT).
Arg2: fffff880096073bc, The pointer into responsible device driver module (e.g. owner tag).
Arg3: 0000000000000000, Optional error code (NTSTATUS) of the last failed operation.
Arg4: 0000000000000002, Optional internal context dependent data.

Debugging Details:
------------------
FAULTING_IP:
atikmpag+73bc
fffff880`096073bc 4883ec28 sub rsp,28h

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: GRAPHICS_DRIVER_TDR_FAULT

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x116

PROCESS_NAME: System

CURRENT_IRQL: 0

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`02119758 fffff880`04eb9000 : 00000000`00000116 fffffa80`0f919010 fffff880`096073bc 00000000`00000000 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`02119760 fffff880`04eb8d0a : fffff880`096073bc fffffa80`0f919010 fffffa80`0d2e8d50 fffffa80`0e681410 : dxgkrnl!TdrBugcheckOnTimeout+0xec
fffff880`021197a0 fffff880`04f5ff07 : fffffa80`0f919010 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`0d2e8d50 fffffa80`0e681410 : dxgkrnl!TdrIsRecoveryRequired+0x1a2
fffff880`021197d0 fffff880`04f8dd5a : 00000000`ffffffff 00000000`00017969 fffff880`02119930 fffffa80`0e681410 : dxgmms1!VidSchiReportHwHang+0x40b
fffff880`021198b0 fffff880`04f896af : fffffa80`0e681410 ffffffff`feced300 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`11df0c80 : dxgmms1!VidSchWaitForCompletionEvent+0x196
fffff880`021198f0 fffff880`04f88023 : fffffa80`0e681410 00000000`00000002 fffff880`02119a50 fffff880`02119a40 : dxgmms1!VidSchiWaitForEmptyHwQueue+0x8f
fffff880`021199e0 fffff880`04f882fe : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000002 00000003`00000380 fffffa80`0f651010 : dxgmms1!VidSchiHandleControlEvent+0x3b
fffff880`02... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/211901-display-driver-stopped-responding.html
Relevancy 49.45%

In event viewer this is what's listed for general on the error:

Faulting application name: Explorer.EXE, version: 6.1.7600.16404, time stamp: 0x4a765771
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.1.7600.16385, time stamp: 0x4a5be02b
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000051da0
Faulting process id: 0xca4
Faulting application start time: 0x01ca568eeafa0b70
Faulting application path: C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report Id: 04186864-c29d-11de-990a-0019156d93b5

Then under details:

Explorer.EXE
4a765771
ntdll.dll
4a5be02b
c0000005
0000000000051da0
ca4
01ca568eeafa0b70
C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE
C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
04186864-c29d-11de-990a-0019156d93b5
I've seen that others are having similiar problems, but mine were occuring when i'd empty the recycle bin, or heading into explorer. so I wasn't sure if it was the same deal. Can anyone help

A:Windows Explorer has stopped responding

There are any number of reasons why a crash like that may occur, and most are related to the addition of 3rd-party code which runs "inside" the Explorer process - right-click menu context handlers and the like.

If you go through the following to obtain a memory dump generated during the crash, someone may be able to tell you why Explorer is behaving that way on your machine:

1) Download and install either the 32-bit or the 64-bit "Debugging Tools" package, depending on your OS type: Debugging Tools for Windows - Overview

2) Open a CMD prompt and CD to the folder where you installed the debugging tools.

3) Run this command:

cscript adplus.vbs -crash -noDumpOnFirst -miniOnSecond -quiet -pn explorer.exe

4) Reproduce the Explorer crash.

5) Find the new folder in that same location with a DMP (memory dump) file. Zip up that entire folder and upload it here.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/32338-windows-explorer-has-stopped-responding.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I have aLenovo Ideacentre AIO700 that I bought about two weeks ago. I have had constant problems with this message coming up. It is really annoying. I have tried updating the driver but still get the message.

The full message is "Display driver stopped responding and has recovered. Display driver Intel HD Graphics Drivers for Windows 8(R) stopped responding and has successfully recovered"

Any help please.

Mod's Edit: System model added to front of Subject line to improve visibility / clarity.

A:700 AIO - Display Driver Stopped Responding and Ha...

Try installing this Intel Display driver: http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/Desktops-and-all-in-ones/700-Series/aio-700-22ish/downloads...

I'm a Lenovo advocate, part of the Lenovo INsiders program. #LenovoIN. I don't work for Lenovo.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-A-B-C-N-S-Flex-Horizon/700-AIO-Display-Driver-Stopped-Responding-and-Has-Recovered/td-p/2268582
Relevancy 49.45%

In the last few days this Display Driver responding stopped AMD happened Display Driver AMD stopped responding - x - screen goes black for a few seconds then a dialog box says quot Display Driver AMD stopped responding and has successfully recovered quot Display Driver AMD stopped responding Yesterday it happened again but then went to a blue Display Driver AMD stopped responding screen I didn t have a chance to write down all the text but I think it was also about the AMD Display Driver I googled it but got so many suggestions I wasn t sure what to do Even the AMD site has about different options of what might be wrong - and I wasn t sure which ones apply to me I m hoping if I post here along with info on my system someone will point me in the right direction I think it happens watching video but not necessarily the same site or application I use Firefox amp Chrome browsers - I think it happens in Firefox but it could be both Please let me know if you need more info Sorry if this is in the wrong section wasn t sure where to post because I don t know what the problem is It s probably more info than needed but here are the specs on my laptop Acer ASPIRE -Sb AMD Quad-Core Processor A - M w Turbo CORE Technology up to GHz AMD Radeon HD G MB Graphics System Memory GB DDR Memory GB HDD DVD SuperMulti DL drive Acer Nplify b g n Windows Home Premium HD LED LCD HD webcam HDMI out usb port combo audio jack multi-in- card reader SOFTWARE INSTALLED major programs used Open Office MS Office not installed AVG Free SuperAntiSpyware Free Edition GIMP Jing screencapture Adobe HOW THE COMPUTER IS USED Moderate amount of other programs installed but other than creating documents in Open Office mostly Writer amp Calc the things I do use the most are Use the Internet email gmail watch TV I don t usually download the shows just watch on sites like Hulu Netflix amp YouTube Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor AMD A - M APU with Radeon tm HD Graphics AMD Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card AMD Radeon TM HD G Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Acer Aspire Antivirus AVG AntiVirus Free Edition Updated and Enabled Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/display-driver-amd-stopped-responding.1138719/
Relevancy 49.45%

I really wonder what's happening to my PC.

It's been couple of days now.

The system simply just stopped responding totally even the mouse cursor isn't moving at all.. it's like the whole screen is stuck and no BSOD is happening etc..

Can I know what's the cause of this exactly?

Windows corruption going or...

If im playing a clip half-way through it will just crash at the scene clip with a bizarre sound but no BSOD was prompt.

A:Windows 8 System stopped responding

What brand of PC is giving you the problem?
.:.
I am having issues with an HP p6-2317c PC which you may have experienced before the system stopped responding. 
The HP is operating poorly with mainly the system.exe taking up memory and processor.  Though virsus and malware scans find and clean the system, the issue remains.  I'm working through guides on BleepingComputer.com.  The main things I wonder if your system showed are:
1)  Opening the CONTROL PANEL causes the Windows Desktop to disappear.  After a time, the desktop returns, yet Control Panel is closed and any Explorer windows are also closed. 
2)  Window Update is unable to install all updates.  Which ones are on a note not here and now trying to open UPDATE causes the system to act as it does when openning the CONTROL PANEL.
3)  For some reason the "Read on Enter" option was set to on in Windows Excel.  To turn this on you must add the command to the Quick Access Bar.  Unfortunatley when submitting after selecting new commands to be added to the Quick Access Bar, only the default icons are left on the bar.  Additonal icons in the Quick Access drop down selection are able to be added but using the More Commands causes the Quick Access Bar to revert back to the default each time.
Sorry I do not know exactly what is happening with your system.  If anything sounds familiar, let me know. 
If it doesn't, try using a mouse and keyboard attached to the system. 
If still no response, are connect a keyboard or mouse that is not a USB if able.  Just incase the motherboard is having issues with USB connections.
Finally, are you able to get into the BIOS screen? 
This is usually done by hitting F1 or ESC or F12 keys.  The correct key to hit depends on your motherboard.  Anyone helping will want to know if you are able to get into the BIOS Settings screen. 
Opps, more. 
What system are you running? 
What version of Windows 8 OS? (8 or 8.1)
Which update was last installed successfully?
Any new software installed within the week before the issue?
I do hope someone is familiar with what is occuring with your system.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/543786/windows-8-system-stopped-responding/
Relevancy 49.45%

I installed a new Radeon 9800 256mb card and have 1gb memory. I'm trying to play Ghost Recon Advanced war fighter. The game starts just fine then before the options menu the screen goes black. My error message is: Diaplay driver stopped responding. The ati 2dvag display driver stopped working properly. My question is, do I need to set up my video card differently or is there another problem?

A:Display driver stopped responding?

Try downloading the latest display driver from ATI for your graphics card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/display-driver-stopped-responding.68487/
Relevancy 49.45%

My son is trying to play WOW and he just started getting the message "display driver stopped responding and has recovered". He has a Windows Vista and of course the warranty just expired with Dell. I can't figure out how to fix this and can't really afford to bring his computer in right now. Does anybody have any idea on what to do? Your help would be greatly appreciated.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/display-driver-stopped-responding.868695/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi Guys, and welcome to my second Thread

My windows explorer often stops responding about 1-4 times a day.I've done a sfc scan so pls dont tell me to do that. it found nothing. Also pls dont tell me to do a system restore since all my programs will uninstall. IS there a fix for this???

Thanks You. Any helpful answers will be appreciated.

A:Windows Explorer Stopped Responding

Need more info on those cases.

You can try to spot info for errors with Event Viewer.

Open the Start Menu, and type eventvwr.msc in the search box and press enter.
If prompted by UAC, then click on Yes.
In the left pane of Event Viewer, double click on Windows Logs to expand it, then right click on Application and check for errors (see screenshot). If no related errors will be in Application, please check System section.

Please post description of errors occurred within the described time.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/218456-windows-explorer-stopped-responding.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Win7 64 bit Home Prem on a DV6 Laptop. Been doing this since I got it.

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name: BEX64
  Application Name: Explorer.EXE
  Application Version: 6.1.7601.17567
  Application Timestamp: 4d672ee4
  Fault Module Name: ShellExt64.dll_unloaded
  Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
  Fault Module Timestamp: 4d02e2cd
  Exception Offset: 0000000025cb6c2c
  Exception Code: c0000005
  Exception Data: 0000000000000008
  OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
  Locale ID: 1033
  Additional Information 1: 1e37
  Additional Information 2: 1e373e69fff075aed81f57003e66ce10
  Additional Information 3: 427e
  Additional Information 4: 427e7eb3c5df2b7a73f98bcf593c6de2

Read our privacy statement online:
  http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
  C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

A:Windows Explorer Has Stopped Responding

Does the "crashing" happen in Safe Mode?
Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/555298/windows-explorer-has-stopped-responding/
Relevancy 49.45%

I cannot seem to be able to stopped responding Explorer Windows has take a screenshot of the actual problem I am only able to take a screenshot of what I am doing that is creating the problem Anyhow I am trying to move a photo from my iphone to Windows Explorer has stopped responding my PC This problem occurs no matter where I want to move this photo Upon trying to move the photo windows gives me a error saying quot Windows Explorer has stopped responding quot I let it run and it then comes to another pop up window saying quot Windows Explorer is now restarting quot I let it run and it acts like it is going to restart but it doesn't restart The screen just blinks I've ran windows update several times I've installed any updates it showed that it needed I've restarted my pc several times And nothing is seeming to work right now I run on Windows I haven't used my laptop to it's full extent in about - months I used to be a hard core gamer on World of Warcraft I haven't played it in a while since me and my fiance are trying to save every penny for our new home I have a HP Pavilion dv I do not run on Intell I run on Vision AMD The last user on my laptop was my fiance but alls he did was make a video for his work Nothing else I was directly beside him He didn't even touch FireFox I'd really love to resolve this issue I've had this laptop between - years This is the ONLY problem I've encountered and have ever had with this laptop I wish laptops could stay problem free BTW I am accessing the photos from my iphone via this order Computer Mrs Smooth Iphone Internal Storage DCIM file folder AAAAA file folder list of photos THANKS FOR ANY HELP Texas

A:Windows Explorer has stopped responding

try disabling you antivirus/security software before opening itunes or attempting to copy anything to the iphone... you can always just email it to yourself if nothing else works and this is your only issue.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/151621-windows-explorer-has-stopped-responding.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I have had my h50 for about a month. I keep getting the "display driver has stopped responding and has recovered" error. My graphics is Intel 4600 but could not update it at the Intel site, had to go to lenovo site. I found and installed a new driver for Windows 10 64 bit. Problem continues. Any solutions?

Mod's Edit: System model added to front of Subject line to improve visibility / clarity.

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:H50 - Display driver has stopped responding.

Welcome jmgilbyYou could install the generic driver by using bypass method as a workaround. 
PeterThinkPad W520 | ThinkCentre E73 SFF | Yoga 11s | Yoga 3 Pro | Yoga 900 | Yoga Home 900 | Yoga Tablet 2 Pro | Miix 2 10" | IdeaPad Y460p | IdeaPad K1 | 3000 Y300 
Give kudos to reward people for their assistance | Mark thread solved if the solution works | I am an active volunteer, not an Lenovo employee
=====================================
List of Sound Enhancement Thread
W520 ; Dolby ; IdeaPad Slate Tablet ; Yoga 3 Pro ; X100e ; Vibe Shot ; Yoga 900 ; P50

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-E-H-K-M-Q-Y-and-ErazerX/H50-Display-driver-has-stopped-responding/td-p/3295774
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi,Long story short, my machine went for warrenty claim and they guy said the we can only reapir it and your agent i was reffred to early and who supposed to help me stopped responding to my emails this is very bad behavious from your agent "Hiranyakird, Wiphaphan (PPS-Thailand-CRT)" <[email protected]>Is there anyone whom i can talk about this non serious behaviour who don't stop responding my email like your agent did already?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Agent-stopped-responding-my-emails/td-p/5806363