Windows Support Forum

Onboard doesnt want to let AGP slot do it work ?

Q: Onboard doesnt want to let AGP slot do it work ?

hey,
got a while ago this mb and cpu.
runs all fine now.
but i got a 128 MB vid card.
Ati Radion 9200 or something similar.
how ever i got
K8NGM2-L (GeForce 6100 + nForce 410)
[Onboard 10/100 LAN]

is it that it has Nvidia chips on it. that is wont let me use my AGP ?
atleast there is some AGP slot.
and the card fits in.

also i checked Bios and did find something. that sounded like "Disable onBoard IF Video card is found."

or must i really drop one of those pci express vid cards in it to make it work ?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Onboard doesnt want to let AGP slot do it work ?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 78.69%

I had installed windows xp professional as new and all the hp/compaq nc6000 drivers from the HP website. Everything works except the feature provided with the laptop the sd slot to copy data from doesn't. Before the new winxp installation, the laptop had winxp professional and by just inserting the SD chip the computer detected it. Then, it provided a letter for the drive to access files in the chip. Now, it does not see it at all. No indication of the chip when inserted in the computer. The chip is fine as I tested it with an external reader. There are no drivers if any listed that I could see on the HP support website for the SD chip. I have installed the usb, touch mouse/keyboard drivers. The SD slot does not read the SD chip. Please help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/compaq-nc6000-laptop-sd-slot-doesnt-work.428796/
Relevancy 67.94%

yah just a question, and if so give me a price range please for a pci

thanks

A:can I add a AGP slot or PCI slot to a comp that doesnt have one?

You can't add a slot to a motherboard.

How old is this computer that it doesn't have a PCI slot? Those have been around for quite a while. Are you sure it doesn't have one? Even AGP is not new technology.

EDIT: After seeing your other thread, are you asking if you can purchase an AGP or PCI video card? That's a totally different question, and the answer would be yes depending on which slot your motherboard has. How much it costs depends on what you plan to use the computer for. A simple one is cheap, and high-end gaming cards can get expensive.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-i-add-a-agp-slot-or-pci-slot-to-a-comp-that-doesnt-have-one.591093/
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi I have a problem where my microphone do
doesnt actually work what it does when i try to talk anywhere ,such as a game or skype, is that it will playback all of my computer audio(Ex if im talking to someone on skype they will hear themselves instead of me) ive tried many things such as getting a sound card and messing around in the audio device setting in windows 10 but nothing seems to fix it. I am slowly losing hope. I am pretty sure this is a software problem but i cant seem to put my finger on what it is.
My computer specs:
Case:
Phantom 530
Motherboard:
MSI Gaming 5 z97
CPU:
I5-4790k
Ram:
16 Gigs of Kingston HyperX Fury Ram
Storage:
240 Gig Sandisk SSD
Generic 2 TB Toshiba 7200 RPM HDD
Optical Drive:
Generic (Rarely Use It)
-Peroxide

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-mic-doesnt-work-bought-sound-card-still-doesnt-work.1166213/
Relevancy 63.64%

i havent done anything changing lately. but whenever i want to alt crtl delete to close off a web page that is stuck it doesnt go onto the thing anymore. when i goto cmd on run in start button it says this program is already being used. but when i type in command in run it goes on. are they the same things?

A:My Alt,crtl,delete Thing Doesnt Work And Cmd Doesnt Work?

Have you updated, and run your antivirus?Have you done any online virus scans?Have you run any Spyware/Malware programs?What Spyware/Malware programs do you use?Were there any error messages?If so, what was the exact error message?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/69639/my-altcrtldelete-thing-doesnt-work-and-cmd-doesnt-work/
Relevancy 63.64%

It's not showing signal! Onboard vc works fine. But added a vc to motherboard vc slot and no signal display! I disable the onboard vc and still no signal. Help pls!

Relevancy 63.64%

I recently guilt a puter and the mofo mobo has onboard video. I wish to add my 3d prophet card to the agp slot. I diabled the onboard video in the device manager....rebooted my system with the monitor plugged into the 3d prophet.....no video....do I need to completely uninstall the onboard? if so, will I lose video ?
ANY help woul be appreciated

Relevancy 62.78%

This is the strangest thing I've seen in the past years of using computers I have an Acer Aspire - laptop that came with windows but I'm very picky and I wanted Windows xp back so I went onto Acer's website and won't mouse USB slot USB first other in works any slot, in only work but USB downloaded all of the windows xp drivers and then formatted the laptop to Windows XP with intergrated Service Pack The computer works just fine except for one very strange oddity - the USB mouse I'm using only works when plugged into the first USB slot it will refuse to work in the other USB slots I'm using a Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer USB which is my favorite mouse and I USB mouse only works in first USB slot, but won't work in any other USB slot have of them at home When I was formatting the laptop USB mouse only works in first USB slot, but won't work in any other USB slot I had the mouse plugged into the first USB slot and now that is the ONLY slot it will work in If I plug it into the other usb slots the red laser will come on which means it's getting power but it will not move the cursor and clicking either of the mouse buttons won't do anything When I have the Device Manager open and I plug the Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer mouse into the first USB slot the 'Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer ' entry will appear in BOTH the 'Human Interface Devices' tab and also the 'Mice and other pointing devices' tab However when plugging the mouse into the other usb slots the 'Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer ' entry will only appear in the 'Human Interface Devices' but NOT the 'Mice and other pointing devices' tab I could just go about my business using the first usb slot for the mouse but this little strange problem is pissing me off hugely as I might want to switch the mouse to another USB slot based on how I have the laptop positioned on a desk or other surface I should also note that the 'Human Interface Devices' tab has a 'HID compliant device' entry in it that isn't present on my desktop computer and my mouse works on any of the usb slots on my desktop computer I wonder if this is the problem I tried disabling this entry but it doesn't help any A final point to note is that I have many other usb devices such as flash memory sticks camera card readers external harddrives gps devices and they all work perfectly fine no matter which usb slot they are plugged into Very strange indeed Is there anyway to make my mouse work in any of the other USB slots

A:USB mouse only works in first USB slot, but won't work in any other USB slot

Hi NukesGoBoom,

I have seen a similar problem, but it was all USB ports that weren't working.

First, check the BIOS to make sure all USB ports are enabled, which they probably are.

Are all drivers installed and up to date? Do any yellow question marks or exclamation points show up in Device Manager?

-Coolfreak

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/usb-mouse-only-works-in-first-usb-slot-but-wont-work-in-any-other-usb-slot-513250.html
Relevancy 60.2%

I dual boot/installed win 7 about a month ago and i never noticed this problem because ive been using wifi since i installed win 7. but recently i decided to hook my pc to the lan using ethernet, and for some reason its not showing up in the network connections, no link led, and of course my computer isnt online unless im using the WIFI. the driver is not even in device manager, no yellow exclamation point or nothing. it almost like i dont an intergrated nic period

ive reasearched this problem on google and tried a few solutions. really nothing has gotten me anywhere so i figured id come on here to see if anyone would be kind enough to help me

thanks in advance

A:Onboard lan doesnt exist/device manager

Quote: Originally Posted by shaolinchamp

I dual boot/installed win 7 about a month ago and i never noticed this problem because ive been using wifi since i installed win 7. but recently i decided to hook my pc to the lan using ethernet, and for some reason its not showing up in the network connections, no link led, and of course my computer isnt online unless im using the WIFI. the driver is not even in device manager, no yellow exclamation point or nothing. it almost like i dont an intergrated nic period

ive reasearched this problem on google and tried a few solutions. really nothing has gotten me anywhere so i figured id come on here to see if anyone would be kind enough to help me

thanks in advance

Hey SC and welcome

do you have any "unknown" devices (they have yellow triangles) in device manager? one of them is probably the NIC, and without a driver iwont work especially if it isnt gigabit.

Let us know

kenn J++

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/42751-onboard-lan-doesnt-exist-device-manager.html
Relevancy 58.91%

So in February I ordered my kid an inspiron as first computer Later slot, card 11- per supposed have memory tag it it doesnt service is to inspiron but I decided to upgrade inspiron 11- per service tag it is supposed to have memory card slot, but it doesnt the memory and I called Dell and provided my service Tag Dell told me it had a GB memory card and I could upgrade to a GB card I ordered the card and disassembled my computer to find there is no slot to upgrade After an hour on the phone inspiron 11- per service tag it is supposed to have memory card slot, but it doesnt I find out inspiron 11- per service tag it is supposed to have memory card slot, but it doesnt that what I am looking at is one with a fixed memory module I told them that per my service tag it is supposed to have a slot and be upgradeable They told me there is nothing they can do So I say how bout you exchange this for one that has what I ordered They say since its over the days there is no way to return or exchange I said even though its your fault Am I being unreasonable All I want is what I ordered After a few more calls to India One person finally tells me there is a first and second generation of this laptop Ist gen has the fixed and the second has the replaceable So I tell them that per nbsp Dell tag nbsp this is supposed to be nd generation and therefor it was built wrong They again say quot we have a day no Hassel return quot and your over that Any suggestions folks I m sick of beating my head against the wall with these people

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19992563
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi,

On my win7 64bit Thinkpad x230i I can no longer type with either the onboard or external keyboards.  The onboard mouse does not work either.  The only thing that does work is an external USB mouse.  

So far I have tried to reinstall the Synaptics drivers from Lenovo, reinstall USB drivers from Lenovo, download a BIOS update, and update Logitech setpoint. None of those worked.  

Also, when I go to Device Manager and I right click on the mouse and keyboards it says that I have the most up-to-date drivers.  I tried to do a System Restore, but Windows says that I do not have have any restore points created.  

Is my only option to reinstall windows?

Thanks in advance!!

A:Onboard keyboard, onboard mouse, and external keyboard do not work--please help

I would go into Device Manager...uninstall the native mouse and keyboard drivers...and then reboot the system.  Those drivers should automatically reinstall with (hopefully) undamaged new drivers that return original functionality.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/606289/onboard-keyboard-onboard-mouse-and-external-keyboard-do-not-work-please-help/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello People Im in need of your expertise here are a few scans i ran I hope these can help you tell what my problems are ComboFix doesnt start slow Nero properly work doesnt properly is always comp - - - uuurbody - - - NTFSx Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - Running from E Documents and Settings uuurbody Desktop ComboFix exe - REDUCED FUNCTIONALITY MODE - Other Deletions I Autorun inf Files Created from - - to - - - - - - lt DIR gt d-------- E Documents and Settings All Users Application Data Nero - - - - --a------ E WINDOWS Irremote ini - comp is slow Nero doesnt work properly doesnt always start properly - - - lt DIR gt d-a------ E Documents and Settings All Users Application Data TEMP - - - - --a------ E WINDOWS system xvidcore dll - - - - --a------ E WINDOWS system xvidvfw dll - - - - --a------ E WINDOWS system xvid ax - - - - -----c--- E WINDOWS system dllcache ntoskrnl exe - - - - -----c--- E WINDOWS system dllcache ntkrnlmp exe - - - - -----c--- E comp is slow Nero doesnt work properly doesnt always start properly WINDOWS system dllcache ntkrnlpa exe - - - - -----c--- E WINDOWS system dllcache ntkrpamp exe Find M Report - - --------- d-----w E Documents and Settings uuurbody Application Data Free Download comp is slow Nero doesnt work properly doesnt always start properly Manager - - ----a-w E WINDOWS system drivers kmxcfg u k - - ----a-w E WINDOWS system drivers kmxcfg u k - - ----a-w E WINDOWS system drivers kmxcfg u k - - ----a-w E WINDOWS system drivers kmxcfg u k - - ----a-w E WINDOWS system drivers kmxcfg u k - - ----a-w E WINDOWS system drivers kmxcfg u k - - ----a-w E WINDOWS system drivers kmxcfg u k - - ----a-w E WINDOWS system drivers kmxcfg u k - - --------- d-----w E Program Files Common Files Ahead - - ----a-w E WINDOWS system win k sys - - --------- d-----w E Documents and Settings All Users Application Data DVD Shrink - - ----a-w E WINDOWS system drivers srv sys - - ----a-w E WINDOWS system wininet dll - - ----a-w E WINDOWS system ntoskrnl exe - - ----a-w E WINDOWS system ntkrnlpa exe - - --sh--r E WINDOWS system winprotect exe Reg Loading Points Note empty entries amp legit default entries are not shown REGEDIT HKEY CURRENT USER SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Run quot BgMonitor E - C C- d f- C - D A B AA quot quot E Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMBgMonitor exe quot - - quot ctfmon exe quot quot E WINDOWS system ctfmon exe quot - - quot Free Download Manager quot quot D Free Download Manager Free Download Manager fdm exe quot - - HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Run quot cctray quot quot E Program Files CA CA Internet Security Suite cctray cctray exe quot - - quot QOELOADER quot quot E Program Files CA CA Internet Security Suite CA Anti-Spam QSP- QOELoader exe quot - - quot CAVRID quot quot E Program Files CA CA Internet Security Suite CA Anti-Virus CAVRID exe quot - - quot cafwc quot quot E Program Files CA CA Internet Security Suite CA Personal Firewall cafw exe quot - - quot capfasem quot quot E Program Files CA CA Internet Security Suite CA Personal Firewall capfasem exe quot - - quot capfupgrade quot quot E Program Files CA CA Internet Security Suite CA Personal Firewall capfupgrade exe quot - - quot SunJavaUpdateSched quot quot E Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot - - quot ISUSPM quot quot E Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService ISUSPM exe quot - - quot NeroFilterCheck quot quot E Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NeroCheck exe quot - - quot AGRSMMSG quot quot AGRSMMSG exe quot - - E WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exe quot NWEReboot quot quot quot BU quot Windows Protector quot quot winprotect exe quot - - E WINDOWS system winprotect exe HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion RunServices quot Windows Protector quot quot winprotect exe quot - - E WINDOWS system winprotect exe E Documents and Settings All Users Start Menu Programs Startup Mozilla FirefoxMozilla Firefox Safe Mode lnk - D mozilla firefox e... Read more

A:comp is slow Nero doesnt work properly doesnt always start properly

ComboFix logs should not to be posted outside the HijackThis forums. It is an extremely powerful tool which should only be used when instructed to do so by someone who has been properly trained. ComboFix is intended by its creator to be "used under the guidance and supervision of an expert", NOT for private use. Please read Combofix's Disclaimer. Using this tool incorrectly could lead to disastrous problems with your operating system such as preventing it from ever starting again.Please create a new topic explaining the nature of your problem in the Am I infected? What do I do? forum. Describe pop-ups and system tray or desktop icons that have appeared. Explain what is "going wrong" with your computer. Note any tools you have used and their respective results.If needed, we will direct you to our HJT Preparation Guide.Thank you for using BleepingComputer as your malware removal source.I will have a moderator close this topic.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/177729/comp-is-slow-nero-doesnt-work-properly-doesnt-always-start-properly/
Relevancy 54.61%

im using windows pro sp last week i had downloaded something and then i started to get advertisements even when a browser wasnt open it was restore internet to doesnt either. mins work few after a and stops system work about different ones but went off every secs to mins i went through some windows files in safe internet stops to work after a few mins and system restore doesnt work either. mode deleted some things here n there and ending processes i was successful in stopping the advertisements although not long afterwards the internet would stop after mins and i would have to keep restarting once i tried to system restore it wont go back past the day i started having this internet problem im not sure if its related internet stops to work after a few mins and system restore doesnt work either. to the previous problem or if i deleted a file i should not have here is my hijack this log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C internet stops to work after a few mins and system restore doesnt work either. WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Linksys EasyLink Advisor LinksysAgent exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files DAEMON Tools daemon exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe C Program Files Logitech SetPoint SetPoint exe C Program Files NETGEAR WG v Adapter wlancfg exe C Program Files MicroStar WLANUtility WlanUtility exe C Program Files MicroStar WLANUtility WLAN Service exe C Program Files Common Files Logishrd KHAL KHALMNPR EXE R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http google com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXE O - HKLM Run ATICCC quot C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exe quot runtime -Delay O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run Logitech Hardware Abstraction Layer KHALMNPR EXE O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run Kernel and Hardware Abstraction Layer KHALMNPR EXE O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run EasyLinkAdvisor quot C Program Files Linksys EasyLink Advisor LinksysAgent exe quot startup O... Read more

A:internet stops to work after a few mins and system restore doesnt work either.

The file mscfco.exe doesn't look right, I'm moving this to our HJT forum for those folks to have a look.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-stops-to-work-after-a-few-mins-and-system-restore-doesnt-work-either.772513/
Relevancy 53.75%

Attempted a restore in Safe Mode. System came back up with all icons as normal. Issue start button doesn't work, icons open file but there is not text or data...there is what appears to be wire frames where the information should be. All files still on drive but cannot access.

Safe mode does no good because everything is blank and there is no text

A:Win 7 Ult x64 Start doesnt work Icons dont work

Welcome to our forum.

Read this tutorial I think it might help you.

By Brink:
Safe Mode

Using Last known good configuration.

Another tutorial that that can be very helpful

By Brink:
System Recovery Options

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/349900-win-7-ult-x64-start-doesnt-work-icons-dont-work.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Basically need a cheap gpu with tv-out for movie playback,

Ive read that the 'ATI Radeon' cards have better tv-out than the equivallent 'Nvidia's so Ive decided to go with them

The card has to work in a PCI slot as the mobo has no agp.

I found a 'sapphire radeon 7000 64mb ddr PCI tv-out' ,
will this fit my needs? If not what will?

Thx.

A:will this gpu work in a PCI slot

yes
check out the sponsors sites for pci video cards on the right side of your screen

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/will-this-gpu-work-in-a-pci-slot.188298/
Relevancy 52.46%

I got this neat new small form factor computer and I can't seem to get this integrated 3 1/2" + USB card reader to work.

I've jammed it into the onboard USB pins, but it doesn't seem to want to work. I know I've got it oriented properly... but the problem is that it has two rows of pins, each stating +5V Data- Data+ and GND. Okay, I'm not a dunce, I know it's the data in/out power and ground wires... but it has two rows. Well, this card reader thing seems to plug into one of the two rows to work... well, it doesn't.

Any suggestions or sage advice?

A:Onboard USB not seeming to work

I'm having some trouble with my usb as well...none of them seem to work...is there a way to activate them?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/onboard-usb-not-seeming-to-work.281903/
Relevancy 52.03%

Here s the deal I built myself a new computer I was having problems with the video i e the PC would turn on but the monitor would not quot display driver has stopped responding but has recovered quot About 460 work the GTX in doesn't x16 slot? half of the time when my card is plugged into my PCI-E GTX 460 doesn't work in the x16 slot? x slot the PC will freeze while starting up or while just browsing in the BIOS menu The card works fine when I seat it in the PCI-E x slot Basically I m trying to figure out if I should RMA the motherboard or the graphics card I tried running Memtest I completed passes with no errors I do not have another PC that I can test the graphics card in nor do I have another graphics card that I can try to put in the x slot What do you guys think Is GTX 460 doesn't work in the x16 slot? it a faulty PCI slot on the motherboard or is the graphics card shot nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gtx-460-doesnt-work-in-the-x16-slot.1016092/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hey out there, before I go out and buy a new motherboard(AGAIN) will my e-geforce 7300gt pci-e card work in my AGP 8xslot, if so is it worth doing or should I go out and get a PCI-e ready motherboard?

I'm new ish to tech talk about comps, i just build them with help from my professional buddies, so bare with me!!

A:My PCI-e card, will it work in an AGP 8x slot?

Nope, completely different and incompatible slots. Can you exchange your vid card for an agp version? If not, then you will need a new mobo.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-pci-e-card-will-it-work-in-an-agp-8x-slot.64472/
Relevancy 52.03%

Will an 8x video card work in a 2x agp slot? I currently have a Nvidia GeForce 256 32mb 4x card and want to upgrade to a GeForce 5200fx 128mb 8x. I have a 2x agp slot.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/8x-card-in-2x-slot-will-it-work.87056/
Relevancy 52.03%

I ve got wont DVI on PC slot work. monitors One HP Pavilion F One Dell not sure of the model number at the moment Both monitors work perfectly by themselves in the VGA slot I bought a converter from the DVI-D to VGA So that I can connect the other monitor Its the correct adapter and it fits http www techlocation com files HP-Pavilion-p - - jpg Pic of the DVI-D slot http www ebay com itm ssPageName STRK DVI slot on PC wont work. MEWNX IT amp trksid p m l Pic of the converter The monitor in the VGA slot works fine The other is stuck on quot Self test feature quot I ve tried swapping monitors in the DVI slot and both have the same results I know there s -some- sort of connection going through because when I hit quot Detect monitors quot on the AMD Control Center it almost quot Refreshes quot the Self Test feature screen but it wont detect it I ve tried installing both drivers for both monitors as well I Talked to HP support for over an hour and all they said to me was quot UR COMPY DUN SUPPORT IT LOLOLOLOL quot Yet look http www amazon com HP-Pavilion-p - -Desktop-Black dp B OM NA - Supports multiple monitors for more workspace and easy multitasking http h www hp com ctg Manual c pdf A poster that came with my computer http g-ecx images-amazon com images G electronics detail-page hp p - r kh - - pdf The computers fact sheet Does that not scream quot WE SUPPORT MULTIPLE MONITORS quot I think yes The tech - http ompldr org vYTBrZw anyway afterwards i tried more thing The DVI by itself Didnt work He s such a liar I hate HP s support UGH So do you think maybe the adapter is bad Or what and is there any phone for HP s supervisors or something in which I can complain of blatent lies from the support Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvi-slot-on-pc-wont-work.1013917/
Relevancy 51.6%

hi, i have a AMD Athlon xp 1800+ on a DFI AD70-sc with 256mb ram. i have two extra USB ports on the front of my pc, they are not connect to the mother board, but i would like to, but i have no idea in what order they plug in on the mother board. I also have two onboard USB ports on the mother board, they seem to give power to a device but they do not show up on my pc, (in game controllers and in device maniger) thank you for your time PLZ HELP ME

Relevancy 51.6%

I recently downloaded the latest Realtek drivers for my ECS Elitegroup GeForce 7050m-m Motherboard, and the sound worked well, and also my headphones microphone worked. I do not have external (or internal) speakers, as I just use my Turtlebeach Headset for sound and communicating. When the little dialog info thing pops up from Realtek it says:
Information: You've just plugged/unplugged a device from the audio jack. This happens repeatedly for my microphone. The mic will stop working once it says unplugged, but it isn't a problem with the headset, as I have another that does the same problem. The sound never cuts out, but the mic does, any suggestions?

A:After getting onboard sound to work...

Sounds like a bad jack. Front panel or at the rear?

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/167069-after-getting-onboard-sound-work.html
Relevancy 51.6%

so i try to boot my computer and it gets to the windows screen then gives me a blue screen and restarts.

i went into the computers BIOS thing and disabled the Onboard lan and the computer will boot. Problem being i dont have any internet to activate the windows.

any suggestions?

The code on the MotherBoard is K7M-400 for what its worth

A:Onboard lan wont work

Is anything plugged into the LAN port?
Look inside and make sure none of the 8 pins are touching each other.
Boot with nothing connected to the LAN port with it enabled, see if you get the same result

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/onboard-lan-wont-work-535606.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello,
I've just started having this issue since I did a fresh install of Windows 10,
it seems like the onboard audio doesn't work, the rear audio jacks don't work and nor do the front,
no matter what headphones I use, still no luck, all my drivers are upto date and the Audio is enabled on the BIOS settings, my motherboard is the GIGABYTE H61M-DS2 andI have ran out of ideas of what the issue can be.

Any suggestions or assistance is appreciated,
(Note: the G246HL-4 is one of my monitors that is through HDMI, there is no speakers on the monitor)

A:Onboard Audio does not work

It looks to me as if your audio is routed by default through the HDMI output which is associated with your monitor. The monitor probably has a jack plug socket and that is where the audio will be coming from. If you want the audio to be from the desktop you need to change your default device to one of the others e.g. Speakers.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/43494-onboard-audio-does-not-work.html
Relevancy 51.6%

my graphics card recently died and i was wondering how to get the video from my onboard card to display video. I read resetting the bios could do it. I took out the cmos battery for about a minute then refitted it, but that didn't seem to work. Are there other ways?

Relevancy 51.6%

Hey what s up people I got a little problem My PSU was crapping out so I decided to get a new one I found a deal for a CPU case and PSU so I just transferred the Motherboard Hard Drives etc to the new case I was extra careful to do it properly and not screw anything up but something did I have no sound whatsoever neither my speakers nor the CPU speaker work at all I have tried all the windows troubleshooters to no avail It was working perfectly before I have a K SOM motherboard and Duron I double checked in the manual to see if I did everything right and the only thing different is that the new case does not have a front panel audio header so I didn t touch those pins I checked the BIOS not does sound work...plz Onboard help!! and everything seems fine everything is enabled nothing is Onboard sound does not work...plz help!! muted and speakers work fine um that is all I can think of right now if you can help Onboard sound does not work...plz help!! me just shout back nbsp

A:Onboard sound does not work...plz help!!

Make sure that the I/O shield isnt touching the audio ports.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/onboard-sound-does-not-work-plz-help.17995/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi,

I use my keyboard in a USB slot, and my mouse in the basic PS2 slot.

Now I was just checking something on my GFX card at the back so I had to unplug everything from the PC. After I was done I plugged it all back in but for some reason my mouse wont work now. I tryed taking the PS2 connector off and using it in a USB (which I have none left so I cant do permanently) and it works fine.

I checked the mouse ps2 connector bit and it seems all the pins are fine in it.

Also when I plug it in, I hear the beep noise (the one you hear even without the speakers attached) so something must be happening.

But still no luck on the mouse working.

Can someone please help me.

Cheers,

Rowan

A:Mouse Wont Work In PS2 Slot

Its ok I managed to get it fixed... somehow..

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mouse-wont-work-in-ps2-slot.551619/
Relevancy 51.17%

The SD card reader slot on my Gateway laptop doesnt read my sd cards upon insertion. It is not the card, because I have tried multiple SD cards and they all do not work. There is no error message or anything, the drive just does not appear in my computer like it used to so that I can view the files on the card. I have had this problem previously, and it was fixed by repairing my texas instruments controller thing in device manager, but it is working ok when i look at it in device manager now without the slot working. Any help is appreciated!

Relevancy 51.17%

I posted this once before but didn't get it solved, so I figured I'd post it again:

I have a HP Pavilion ze4365us computer. I recently wiped the hard drive clean, and installed XP Pro (it came with XP Home). I got all new drivers from HP for everything. But the PCMCIA slot still won't work. When I plug my external wireless card into it, the card lights up, so I don't think it's the card, but the computer won't recognize the connection. Not sure what to do about the issue. It's kind of annoying, considering my internal card is busted also.

If you don't know how to solve this problem, then maybe you can recommend an alternate way of connecting wirelessly to the net. I have two USB 1.1 ports, and a firewire port.

Thanks anyway,
Danny

Relevancy 51.17%

i was looking at best buy's memory center thing online. So I choose my PC manufacture and model then under the specs it says:

bus architecture- PCI/AGP

Someone please tell me that means AGP cards will work on my system.

A:Will AGP video cards work in my PCI slot?

First of all, I want to say that you can never put a card into another designated slot. Do you know what motherboard model you have? You can find out by downloading this and opening the cpuz.exe file and then going to the mainboard tab. Mainboard = Another name for motherboard .

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/will-agp-video-cards-work-in-my-pci-slot.78074/
Relevancy 51.17%

I just upgraded the video card in another computer with a new 8x 256 MB, the one I took out is an ATI Radeon 9800 pro 8x, Can I put this into my Dell Dimension that currently has a 64MB 4x i it right now. On the dell I am running one AGP 4x 64MB and one pci card 64MB. Will I see an improvement if the new card is compatible with my dual setup?

Relevancy 51.17%

hey i reinstalled windows yesterday and now the sound wont work,says no audio device altho ive installed drivers and updated them

when i install my realtek or stigmatel audio drivers it just doest start back up after the restart.
ive tryed nearly everything now like and it aint working , on my bios only thing is disabled is pcie lan boot rom

aswell as no sound this wont let me open games or install some games cud some 1 help. wud like the sound sorted
bye. xoxo

A:Onboard Sound Wont Work

Please put your System Specs information in your Profile

Reply here once done

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/onboard-sound-wont-work.114213/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi there, I have a little problem over here,
since I replaced my old graph card (Nvidia 7600GS) with my new (Nvidia 9600 GSO) my onboard sound has stopped working, Mobo : Asrock N68PV-GS.
As a temporary solution I removed my TV-tuner card from the PCI slot and I put in a Creative Audigy sound card (5.1) yet only 3 of the 5 speakers work with this one, please help !

Relevancy 51.17%

ok basically i can not get any pci devices to work on this computer as well as the onboard sound. I have tried updatting drivers i have tried 2 different pci sound cards, i have tried buying a brand new sound card and so far i cant get anything to work.

A:PCI devices do not work as well as onboard sound

--------[ EVEREST Ultimate Edition ]------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Version EVEREST v4.20.1257 Beta
Benchmark Module 2.3.218.0
Generator Adam
Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition 5.1.2600 (WinXP Retail)

--------[ Summary ]-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Computer:
Computer Type ACPI Multiprocessor PC
Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition
OS Service Pack Service Pack 3, v.3264
Internet Explorer 7.0.5730.13 (IE 7.0)
DirectX 4.09.00.0904 (DirectX 9.0c)
Computer Name FAMILYCOMP (Rec Room)
User Name Adam
Logon Domain FAMILYCOMP
Date / Time 2008-03-26 / 22:40

Motherboard:
CPU Type Intel Pentium 4, 2400 MHz (12 x 200)
Motherboard Name Intel La Crosse D865GLC (3 PCI, 1 AGP, 4 DIMM, Audio, Video, LAN)
Motherboard Chipset Intel Springdale-G i865G
System Memory 512 MB (DDR SDRAM)
DIMM3: Samsung M3 68L3313CT1-CB0 256 MB PC2100 DDR SDRAM (2.5-3-3-6 @ 133 MHz) (2.0-2-2-5 @ 100 MHz)
DIMM4: SpecTek 256 MB PC2700 DDR SDRAM (2.5-3-3-7 @ 166 MHz) (2.0-2-2-5 @ 100 MHz)
BIOS Type AMI (08/01/03)
Communication Port Communications Port (COM1)
Communication Port ECP Printer Port (LPT1)

Display:
Video Adapter Radeon 7000 / Radeon VE (Microsoft Corporation) (32 MB)
Video Adapter Radeon 7000 / Radeon VE (Microsoft Corporation) (32 MB)
3D Accelerator ATI RV100 DDR
Monitor Samsung SyncMaster 905b(T)/950b(T)/955b(T)/MagicSyncMaster CM195A [19" CRT] (HVARC22042)

Storage:
IDE Controller Intel(R) 82801EB Ultra ATA Storage Controllers
IDE Controller Intel(R) 82801EB Ultra ATA Storage Controllers
Disk Drive ST3250820A (250 GB, 7200 RPM, Ultra-ATA/100)
Optical Drive HL-DT-ST CD-RW GCE-8481B (48x/24x/48x CD-RW)
Optical Drive JLMS XJ-HD166S (16x/48x DVD-ROM)
SMART Hard Disks Status OK

Network:
Network Adapter Intel(R) PRO/100 VE Network
Network Adapter WAN (PPP/SLIP) Interface
Peripherals:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pci-devices-do-not-work-as-well-as-onboard-sound.101913/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi there, I have a little problem over here,
since I replaced my old graph card (Nvidia 7600GS) with my new (Nvidia 9600 GSO) my onboard sound has stopped working, Mobo : Asrock N68PV-GS.
As a temporary solution I removed my TV-tuner card from the PCI slot and I put in a Creative Audigy sound card (5.1) yet only 3 of the 5 speakers work with this one, please help !

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/onboard-sound-does-not-work-anymore-478760.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi. My laptop has 2 USB slots, 1 working perfectly fine, but another one has a problem. When I plugged a USB mouse or keyboard, nothing on screen happen. For the mouse, it light up but the cursor can't move. For the key board it doesn't light up and nothing happen. I tired flash drive, nothing happen too. BUT when I plugged an external hard drive, it work perfectly fine.

This problem just happen today, before both USB slots are working just fine. So now I can't use both mouse and keyboard at the same time

I've tried restart my computer, uninstall and reinstall all USB list in USB Controllers in Device Manager, nothing work so far

Please help
Thanks in advance

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/385627-usb-mouse-keyboard-doesnt-work-only-1-slot.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I HAVE A FX 5500 AGP 8X,MY MOTHERBOARD HAS AN AGP 4X SLOT,MY PC DOES NOT START when i plug this card in, i have a 230 w power supply is this the problem?

A:AGP8X card will not work in AGP4X slot

Please use proper thread titles from now on.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/agp8x-card-will-not-work-in-agp4x-slot.64470/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi guys,

I'm thinking of grabbing a Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty Titanium Sound Card for Christmas as I am fed up of the distortion of bass from my onboard sound but there is a question which I am curious as to what the answer is...

Would the Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty Titanium work better when slotted into a PCI-e x16 slot rather than the PCI-e x1 slot?

Cheers for your answers

A:Will a Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty Titanium work better in a PCI-e x16 slot?

No,it will just use the same contacts as the pci express 1 slot uses.
Although you could use it that way if you need the space.it's not
going to make any performance difference.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/will-a-creative-x-fi-fatal1ty-titanium-work-better-in-a-pci-e-x16-slot.969938/
Relevancy 50.74%

I have recently invested in a new PCI sound card to enable 5.1 surround sound. One problem, after restarting my PC after installing the drivers my onboard Ethernet adapter no longer works. In device manager it has an orange warning triangle on and on the task bar a red 'x'. When I look at the properties it says (Error Code 10)

Please help! I don't want to have to send it back!

A:OnBoard Ethernet and PCI sound Card don't work together

Hi Welcome to Seven Forums ... Check in the BIOS to see if the Network Card is enabled ...

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/357536-onboard-ethernet-pci-sound-card-dont-work-together.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I have two HP 8100 Elite SFFs that are giving me 6 error beeps (video card issue) when the card is not present but works just fine with it in. My question is, is there anyway to re-enable the onboard video on these units? I have also bought two replacement motherboards and am still receiving the same error. Any help please? HP 8100 Elite SFF - i5 core running Windows 7/32bit.

Solved!
View Solution.

A:8100 Elite SFF onboard video does not work?

Hi: If you look at the quickspecs below, page 7, some i5 processors require a discrete graphic solution (i5-750 and i5-760 as well as the i7's). http://www.nts.nl/site/html/modules/PDF/PC/HP%208100%20CMT.pdf That is because those processors do not have the support to run the integrated graphics. So, if your PC's have the i5-750 or i5-760, you must have a graphics card installed in order for the video to work.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/8100-Elite-SFF-onboard-video-does-not-work/td-p/5687702
Relevancy 50.74%

I have win se will so Onboard Video Voodoo3 disable Cannot work mhz celeron g hd m memory I have tried to install Cannot disable Onboard Video so Voodoo3 will work the voodoo pci card as its instructions say however it say Cannot disable Onboard Video so Voodoo3 will work to remove old video card I have onboard video I went into BIOS to disable onboard video But when i highlight it and press Enter it gives me options onboard video w k or onboard video w m On the right side of the screen where it gives Cannot disable Onboard Video so Voodoo3 will work a descripiton of the options it list Disable onboard video as an option I have tried the - and also Space bar holding down Cntrl and Alt in hopes its a hidden key all any of these key will do is toggle back and forth from k to m I have tried removing the display adapters for device manager and rebooting using the Voodoo card input slot for my monitor so far i get visual from the card but in device manager i have no monitor up and the display adapters are conflicting Thanks for any help all suggestions are welcome nbsp

Relevancy 50.74%

HiI have installed a new graphic card in my PC in order to get two high res ports, but now the original on board graphic card no longer work.  Is there a way to make them both work at the same time ?? I ask because I would like to be able to use a Pen Display. p.s. there is no gaming or fast video involved  Thanks in advanceBest regardsAsger

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/How-to-make-original-onboard-graphic-work-together-with-new/td-p/5841250
Relevancy 50.31%

Dear All,

Need a quick suggestion before i seal the deal tomorrow.

I intend to buy the Radeon HD 5450. It has PCI-e 2.1 x16 bus interface.

My motherboard model is Foxconn WinFast NF4K8MC. It has PCI-e 1 x16 graphics slot.

My query is- will the graphics card work with this motherboard or not?

Kindly respond fast plz..

Thanks in advance,
Troy.

A:Will Radeon HD 5450 work in PCI-e 1x16 graphics slot?

I'm using a 5850 in a pci-e 1 x16
I see no reason why it wouldn't, though foxconn is not nearly as high end a board as the one I have.

that is to say the interface is backwards compatible.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/192863-will-radeon-hd-5450-work-pci-e-1x16-graphics-slot.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi guys i have a problem I switched my Soundblaster X-FI Titanium from its PCI-E x slot to the last PCI-E Slot on my Motherboard which is a PCI-E Slot anymore after PCI-E switch work dont Soundblaster x which can according to literature operate in X or X Mode Slot on the ASUS Z Pro The Lowest Slot before it was in the nd from the bottom The reason I did that is because I want to add Soundblaster dont work anymore after switch PCI-E Slot another Soundcard which otherwise Soundblaster dont work anymore after switch PCI-E Slot would be too close to my GEFORCE GTX and would compromise the airflow So as I said I switched the Slots Now I have problem making it work Does it mean I have to reinstall the Creative Drivers again Because some of the Applications like the Konsole Starter and Creative Sound Panel etc wouldn't recognize the card at the new PCI-E slot anymore I could still listen to music when I choose the Soundcard in my Media Player now marked -Creative Soundblaster instead of formerly just Creative Soundblaster Is that a general problem that was to be expected or is something else going wrong here Any help is appreciated Thank you Wolfseye

A:Soundblaster dont work anymore after switch PCI-E Slot

UPDATE:

I reinstalled all Drivers etc from the Soundblaster Titanium. I can now choose the Card in Players such as Winamp or AIMP3 and enjoy the sound on my 5.1 Headphones. However, using it for any other Systemsound like the Browser with Youtube, i will only hear Bass Sounds in my Headphones. In settings from Creative, where I can choose the Bass Boost (Crossover Frequency), when having Systemsounds like in a Browser, when I have that activated (as I said) i only head Bass sounds. When I disable Bass boost (Crossover Frequency), i hear nothing. But when I click it again, for a millisecond I hear the normal sound again. But only for a millisecond.

Whats that issue ? Just because I switched the PCI-E slots for the card ? Really need help ! Thanks in advance.

Wolfseye

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/328669-soundblaster-dont-work-anymore-after-switch-pci-e-slot.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Ok so, I fried my motherboard a while back and am just now getting an Abit barebone kit with a brand new motherboard and was wondering whether my DDR RDIMM will work in the new DDR2 RIMM memory expansion slots?
Abit Barbone Kit tech Info:

Diablo Black and Silver ATX Mid-Tower Case with 400 Watt Power Supply
Abit LG-95Z Intel Socket 775 MicroATX Motherboard
Intel Celeron D 360 3.46GHz OEM Processor

Here is a link to the barebone kit at Tigerdirect.com:
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3094330&CatId=1908

A:will DDR DRIMM work in DDR2 DIMM expansion slot?

No. You need ddr2 memory.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/will-ddr-drimm-work-in-ddr2-dimm-expansion-slot.583293/
Relevancy 49.88%

I have an pcchips m598mr motherboard with onboard everything.

I have what I believe to be correct drivers for the onboard modem.

Anyway I have a fresh install of windows 98 and I have installed the drivers for the modem when the thing plug and plays. My modem is listed as an HSP56 modem and says no problems yet when I click the More Info button to verify the modem is working it sits there a while and then says the modem is not responding.

Any ideas of other drivers I might try? An ideas of what the problem might be?

Thanx
Ryan

Relevancy 49.88%

This question is similar to quot no network access on nd nic quot by drowe buy since it is old the post Onboard - Wifi W7 work simultaneously? USB disallows adapter to NIC suggested asking in a new thread I have an HP W Home Premium PC I have W7 - Onboard NIC disallows USB Wifi adapter to work simultaneously? a wired connection on-systemboard network interface to a Belkin g router but the router is not physically connected to the internet no ethernet cable out to a cable modem whatever The router connects several necessary peripherals - mostly wirelessly to the main PC and another W PC All this stuff worked prior to a move to a new location There is freely accessible Wifi in range public library - wherein I could concievably carry the whole PC and use their WiFi with their blessing lt lt NOTE My wife and I are members of the library There is no requirement to be within the library when using their hotspot W7 - Onboard NIC disallows USB Wifi adapter to work simultaneously? I can provide a link to the terms and conditions and acceptable use policy pages This is not the thrust of this post gt gt I attached a USB Wifi adapter to the PC to avail myself of the free service but W will not allow the Wifi adapter to be seen until I detach the ethernet wire Then it will allow me to see the available network and connect How does W or the system board look at network Are they onboard NIC and USB mutually exclusive Do I need a separate ethernet adapter card or a separate USB adapter card to create a different quot channel quot that would allow the two networks to coexist Thanks for your help

A:W7 - Onboard NIC disallows USB Wifi adapter to work simultaneously?

Friends and Fellow Geeks,

Thank you for the responses and suggestions.

I find that struggling to frame a question that won't take you and me down long side paths and clarifications, actually helps order my thought processes in thinking about solving the problem. Other times, it reminds me of how much there is to know out there, and without good technical support (that's you folks!), I would be adrift at sea. Then someone smacks me on the head with an oar, and and says, Snap Out Of It!, and I proceed to the solution.

Ultimately, the solution for me included running an ethernet cable from the non-internet-connected router to the second PC, setting up static IP's for that network, killing the gateway and dns for them, and letting the wireless usb adapters do their thing for the wifi internet access.

The brain-fart had been that I was trying to force two networks on one adapter on the second PC - what was I thinking? Some times I need that smack upside the head.

Thanks again.

G00k

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/153580-w7-onboard-nic-disallows-usb-wifi-adapter-work-simultaneously.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I have a Abit IS 10 motherboard with a 3.0 GHz processor and 2GB of PC2700 DDR Ram. I recently had a hard drive failure and purchased a new hard drive and decided to install Windows 7 32 bit version Professional. Everything worked fine except for the on-board graphics did not get the correct driver in the install. And Windows uses a Standard VGA driver. I want a driver for the integrated/onboard Intel Extreme Graphics 2 graphics for Windows 7. Is there a driver that will work for the onboard video graphics in Windows 7? I appreciate anything you can do.

Also, I have never updated the bios on the ABIT IS 10...but I don't think that has anything to do with the above problem.

Thanks.

Richard

A:Abit IS 10 motherboard onboard video don't work in Windows 7

Check with abit.com for drivers for the onboard video card, if they don't have it try the makers of the video card chip sets like ATI and Nvidia.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/abit-is-10-motherboard-onboard-video-dont-work-in-windows-7-a-493506.html
Relevancy 49.88%

card instead adapter ethernet. network not a does using onboard Driver pci for work I know it's surely a driver issue It's been driving me Driver for onboard network adapter does not work using a pci ethernet. mad even if I spend most of my time in Linux Mint I gotta boot in my win x ultimate partition here and there I bought a license for Driver Genius after trying some of my friends programs and even the free my-config service So IO Bit Driver something and Driver Magician that my colleagues IO Driver Booster found a hell lot of things to cover and I liked that it told me about Java although Justched actually works these days So yeah I thought I was installing everything needed looked at the filenames etc to be sure From what I know so far is that my onboard sound card should not be updated the updates everything finds for it it's even apparently drivers behind and there once was a driver I installed that made the onboard ethernet port function I got two such ports the other being a pci card which I can update all I want it remains good Also since I changed Fiber Optics provider FTTH wait let me rephrase this since about the year I use TCPOptimizer on my ethernet adapters it's made by Steve Gibson and is freeware grc com is the website I'm sure many here know about the site So since I went from to I moved the cursor to mbps normally I just use Optimal since I don't understand all the variables I could change manually and it never caused problems I really don't feel like reinstalling win x ultimate anyway I have programs there I paid for and will need to write down or make a txt file with my serials I think staying with just one driver updater is the way to go I also noticed that suddenly things were very slow internet-wise when connected to one of my VPN's service's driver I have backed up my user folder with everything in there but if you guys can help me so that I don't have to entirely re-install and I would not format unfortunately I did not have internal and external drives at first I had just this one TB WD Black Caviar I made a backup of my music which is almost all complete discographies but from a sata gb s to another the transfer was faster for what amounts to gb One issue I had was that my virtual memory was all kinds of messed up too due to lack of space due to all this music on the drive where win is I got another TB Black Caviar for only data and thats where my backups are not including the dvd-rw and usb key that contains all of my user folder that I copied not cut for sake of clarity Now I've made myself some space I have gb of ram which means I gotta have gb free only for the swapfile The best I can do is gb of space on the gb NTFS partition where Win and the music is If I can make sure that drive letters do not change I used Ext Fsd to have access to my Ext partitions the linux partition and another one So yeah I bought a power-cable less TB Seagate external to give myself some space maybe that's why win is behaving strangely etc it goes much slower than it should CPU is AMDFX- Octocore Black Edition ghz I know that I am deviating the topic But I've played with this all day yesterday and I don't feel like reinstalling anything at all Maybe factory reset the win partition I didn't finish my thought about the virtual memory can I put it on another drive than C I got a partition that is only a little more than full in my internal hard drives I think I can set it to be there correct Sorry for the long post but it's a complicated subject one that necessitated buying an external drive due to all internal drives' partitions are all almost full except for the one I just described I find it strange that a motherboard I bought brand new last year would have trouble with new drivers for the network adapter or the sound card on it Also I know this contains a bit more than about drivers it is the main part because malfunctioning drivers for a network adapter should work but doesn't the one that doesn't work works in Lin... Read more

A:Driver for onboard network adapter does not work using a pci ethernet.

Quote: Originally Posted by fruitkiller

..card instead.

I know it's surely a driver issue. It's been driving me mad even if I spend most of my time in Linux Mint, I gotta boot in my win7 x64 ultimate partition here and there. I bought a license for Driver Genius 15 after trying some of my friends programs and even the free my-config service. So, IO Bit Driver something and Driver Magician that my colleagues, IO Driver Booster found a hell lot of things to cover and I liked that it told me about Java (although Justched actually works these days). So yeah, I thought I was installing everything needed, looked at the filenames etc. to be sure. From what I know so far is that my onboard sound card should not be updated, the updates everything finds for it (it's even apparently 2 drivers behind and there once was a driver I installed that made the onboard ethernet port function, I got two such ports, the other being a pci card, which I can update all I want, it remains good.

Also since I changed Fiber Optics provider (FTTH), wait, let me rephrase this, since about the year 2000 I use TCPOptimizer on my ethernet adapters, it's made by Steve Gibson and is freeware (grc.com is the website, I'm sure many here know about the site. So since I went from 50/30 to 60/60, I moved the cursor to 60mbps, normally I just use Optimal since I don't understand all the variables I could change manually and it never caused problems.

I don't really have an answer for you but...

I know it's surely a driver issue.

I believe you are right or at least partially right because of the programs I see listed you installed.

I bought a license for Driver Genius 15 after trying some of my friends programs and even the free my-config service. So, IO Bit Driver something and Driver Magician that my colleagues, IO Driver Booster found a hell lot of things to cover and I liked that it told me about Java (although Justched actually works these days).

We see a lot of problems caused by those programs, and IObit is a big red flag.

I would remove all traces of those programs and just use the manufacturers for drivers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/398149-driver-onboard-network-adapter-does-not-work-using-pci-ethernet.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi my name is Ben I'm hoping somebody can help me. Just got my new pc Intel E6550, evga nforce 780i. Downloaded the motherboard drivers directly form evga.In the control panel, under sound and audio devices it says "no audio device".Also its in device manager

I appreciate any help thanks

A:onboard sound doesn't work,drivers installed

Hi and welcome. What is showing under the yellow question mark?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/onboard-sound-doesnt-work-drivers-installed.675424/
Relevancy 49.88%

I m trying to figure out if my problem is my graphics card EVGA GTX GB or my motherboard Biostar TZ A LGA This computer is a brand new build Please click my system specs for more details I have two PCI-E slots There is one x slot and one x slot of the time my machine freezes a few seconds after powering card in work, in Graphics x4 ?? fine works x16 PCI-E doesn't the slot on at the Graphics card in PCI-E x16 doesn't work, works fine in the x4 slot ?? BIOS logo screen or a few seconds after that while inserted in the x slot Sometimes it works however yet it is so infrequently that I ve given up on the x slot for now It will even freeze after I ve entered my BIOS settings page even just while browsing around in it The same graphics card in my PCI-E x slot works fine if you ignore the fact that it s running at it s potential speed At least I can boot the machine up I ve spoken with a few different professionals about this and the conclusion is that my problem lies either a with my PCI-E x slot or b with my GTX Apparently the graphics card COULD work just fine in the x slot and still be damaged Now I know that you re going to tell me to try a different card in my computer or try the card in a different computer However that isn t practical for me at the moment I was wondering what you guys think or if anyone has experience with this first-hand What are you leaning towards Mobo or Gfx card nbsp

A:Graphics card in PCI-E x16 doesn't work, works fine in the x4 slot ??

Should also have mentioned that I've run three passes with Memtest86 without any errors.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/graphics-card-in-pci-e-x16-doesnt-work-works-fine-in-the-x4-slot.1016147/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello I have this odd problem in my Dell Latitude D core duo where one of work D520 memory slot Dell doesn't Latitude the memory slots isn t working anymore Just yesterday the Laptop would not startup but lights on the front panel came on Dell Latitude D520 memory slot doesn't work so I suspected a memory issue The D has a slot underneath the keyboard for memory as well as underneath the laptop When ever I put memory in the slot under the keyboard it won t startup I tried various memory known to work I even took the memory from underneath the laptop and placed it under the keyboard because it worked underneath But once I placed the memory in the slots under the keyboard it would not startup I would just get three green lights next to the power key Dell Latitude D520 memory slot doesn't work One stayed the other blinked they all eventually stopped entirely Once I removed the memory it would start up I Dell Latitude D520 memory slot doesn't work tried cleaning the memory slot with an air can I ve never encountered this before For now I just run with gig memory stick underneath the laptop It works fine I am assuming a motherboard issue Any suggestion greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Dell Latitude D520 memory slot doesn't work

Sure sounds like the socket is bad, or the memory controller. You may have to live with a single DIMM in the bottom slot.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-latitude-d520-memory-slot-doesnt-work.1103329/
Relevancy 49.88%

I own a not show slot doesn't working, IPMA PCI and also work sound as year old years months Gateway FX series top of their line then running Vista I PCI slot and IPMA show as not working, sound also doesn't work have a Creative Sound Blaster XFi sound card Everything was fine The sound card stopped working all of a sudden I did a system restore No help several days back I deleted the driver and had the system find it to reinstall No help I reloaded the driver after downloading from the website No help I plugged in another set of speakers to the sound card No help I noticed that in Device Driver the com port is fine as is the sound card The PCI slot under other devices has yellow exclamation point as does the IPMA Gateway wants me to reset the computer to factory fresh I really don t want to do this - the work would be terrrible for me I find that Gateway always wants you to do this but before I did I wanted to ask for ideas here Please any thoughts will be appreciated gteam nbsp

A:PCI slot and IPMA show as not working, sound also doesn't work

1) List any Problem Devices

Make sure devices are connected and powered on
Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
If yes, click on it, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy it, Ctrl-V to paste into next post
On the other hand, if no devices are listed, tell me so
2) Generate and attach a DirectX report

Click Start->Run, enter dxdiag
Notice progress in lower left window corner
When done, click Save Information button and save to your Desktop
In TechSpot, use the paper clip icon to attach the report. (If you don't see icon you may need to first click Go Advanced)
3) Did you try uninstalling the old driver before reinstalling? Look in Ctl Panel->Programs and Features, see if audio driver there and uninstall it
4) You might also try looking through / See if this might help Reference Guide to Help Setup and Troubleshoot Windows Audio and Sound Cards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pci-slot-and-ipma-show-as-not-working-sound-also-doesnt-work.158186/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello,
I just got a Asus A8N-SLI mother board and a pny 7800gt video card. The card only works in the bottom pci express slot though, when i try to plug into the top the monitor light keeps blinking like nothings going through. Everything seems to work fine when in the bottom slot but i am worried about the heat. I have my sound card close to that so theres not much flow between like their would be in the top slot. (also the top slot is blue, bottom is black, if that makes a difference) I left the default set at single card mode on the motherboard. Also being in that slot is the card running at full capacity? 16x?
My other specs are:
1gb Corsair value select ram
Antec 450Watt SmartPower 2.0 PSU
AMD 64 3700

thanks

A:Video card wont work in top PCI Express slot on sli board

mmm... Check out the BIOS option for the SLI cause it could be that just one slot is enabled (the bottom on)...
about the heat issue... can you move the sound card to another slot?...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-card-wont-work-in-top-pci-express-slot-on-sli-board.41179/
Relevancy 49.45%

I have a problem My Spy Bot search and destroy does not work It scans for spyware successfully but bot doesnt Spy work. then i get an error message saying quot Cannot find file msjava dll or ms dll quot when i try to remove the syware found I have the latest version and updates of spybot Another problem i have is that norton antivirus caught spyware files-boreng exe uninstaller exe and could not remove them When i did a full system search to manually delete these Spy bot doesnt work. files they were no where to be found heres my hijack this log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon Spy bot doesnt work. exe C WINDOWS system services exe Spy bot doesnt work. C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Sygate SPF smc exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exe C windows system hpsysdrv exe C WINDOWS System hkcmd exe C WINDOWS System hphmon exe C HP KBD KBD EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C WINDOWS LTMSG exe C WINDOWS ALCXMNTR EXE C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C documents and settings owner local settings temp gGdSNA exe C documents and settings owner local settings temp aZJZW exe C WINDOWS kdx KHost exe C documents and settings owner local settings temp T exe C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe C WINDOWS system c g exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe c Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe c Program Files Norton AntiVirus SAVScan exe c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Yahoo Messenger ymsgr tray exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS system DllHost exe C hijackthis hijackthis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http qus hpwis com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http srch-qus hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http qus hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http srch-qus hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http srch-qus hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http srch-qus hpwis com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www grandecom net R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localhost O - BHO no name - SOFTWARE - no file O - BHO Yahoo Companion BHO - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C PROGRA Yahoo COMPAN Installs cpn ycomp dll O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO no name - B CA - A - D -A DF- BB - no file O - BHO no name - - C- B - - D FEC A - no file O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - - br br CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO CNavExtBho Class - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - c Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - BHO no name - C ABC-EB E- E -B C - A B CF - no file O - BHO WinPage Affiliate - E EAEB -F B - C - FF- FAF D - C Documents and Settings Owner Local Settings Temp SDDl q dll O - BHO no name - FDD B - D - ffb- - B AD ACC - no file O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - c Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar amp Yahoo Companion - EF BD -C FB- D - F- br br D F - C PROGRA Yahoo COMPAN Installs cpn ycomp dll O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Pr... Read more

A:Spy bot doesnt work.

Hello The BRat,

Lets try Ad-Aware. Download it from my signature. While your at it download CWShredder also. Don't do anything with it yet.

Ad-Aware FULL SCAN:

Install the program and launch it.

First in the main window look in the bottom right corner and click on Check for updates now then click Connect and download the latest reference files.

From main window :Click Start then under Select a scan Mode tick Perform full system scan.

Next deselect Search for negligible risk entries.

Now to scan just click the Next button.

When the scan is finished mark everything for removal and get rid of it.(Right-click the window and choose select all from the drop down menu and click Next)

Before restart, Empty Recycle Bin.

Restart your computer.

Update HijackThis also. Yours is out of date.

Download HijackThis from link in my signature. Save it to a permanent folder (I create a new folder in C:\ named HJT). Open and hit scan, then save log. Once it is saved it will open in notepad. Select all from the edit button, copy and paste the results here. Don't fix anything with it yet! Someone experienced with the logs will advise you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/spy-bot-doesnt-work.266009/
Relevancy 49.45%

a while back i plugged in my joystick into my front panel usb (man, this sounds like a bad porno script written by a nerd) and my computer just went dead. what happened was the capicators in my PSU just up and popped basically. anyway, i cant use usb 2.0 anymore. its enabled in my bios, its deffinetly supported, its broke on all ports so im not plugging it in in the wrong spot. is it possible that there was like, a voltage irregularity but it only effected my usb 2.0 controller? everything else works as expected.

my mobo is a gigabyte GA-7N400-L

also, i just looked in the hardware manager and theres a question mark next to my Universal Serial Bus controller. i do have the latest drivers for my motherboard and the chipset and whatnot. would i have to install the USB controller seperately then?

A:USB 2.0 Doesnt work

Well, since it happened when you plugged something in the USB port then it is very likely it fried something in the USB controller but nowhere else.

You should find out if it was your joystick that caused the damage or your USB ports were wired to the motherboard wrong.

You could get your motherboard replaced if it is under warranty or just buy a PCI USB controller.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-2-0-doesnt-work.28925/
Relevancy 49.45%

Yup... My cmd doesnt work..

windows xp

I try typing ipconfig in.. nothing happens..

Look for yourself.. http://i34.tinypic.com/33mq64j.jpg

Please help me!

Relevancy 49.45%

Im having trouble with my dvd drive. I think its something to do with my autorun not working, Ive had tech support out to it 3 times, but it still doesnt work. Also when i play a media player video its all pycshodelic colours until i mess around with the size really starting to get me down because ive got about 10 dvds that i cant watch please someone help!!!

Relevancy 49.45%

Hi, i have a 2 year old emachines desktop, and its been working fine up until now. Whats wrong with it is that when i turn the computer on, it doesnt display anything on the screen, and the mouse and keyboard dont work either, and only the fan is on. Also the light around the power button turns into a solid orange color. Also the computer smells like burned rubber. Also last night i uninstalled my old nvidia drivers, and installed new ones, but it was working fine last night after i had done that.

Please if someone can help me ASAP it would be greatly appreciated

A:PC doesnt work, help!!

Take a look at your motherboard. Any of your capacitors swollen or leaking?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-doesnt-work-help.49772/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hey guys What happened was that I installed IE and then realised it kept crashing and used up too much resources on my system and made it run slow so I then uninstalled it and it left IE which is what I was using before However since this uninstall IE which work...help! Doesnt IE worked fine until I installed IE stopped working even though my internet IE Doesnt work...help! connection is fine The reason I never really bothered about fixing it was that I was using FF as my default browser at the time so I never really missed it Today I needed to use IE so I reinstalled IE including all the latest updates for it from the ms website to see if the problem with IE would correct itself but still no joy - it says 'IE cannot display the webpage' I then tried also to use the diagnose problem function within IE to work out the problem but no joy Ive attached a screenshot of what comes up when I run the diagnose connection problem function in IE I also tried to use the ietab add-on in Firefox but that doesnt work either Just to confirm my OS is windows XP SP and my internet connection is fine and I use Firefox with no probs Im using McAfee Firewall and internet explorer exe has full access so it cant be my firewall that is the problem All assistance will be greatly appreciated Thanks

A:IE Doesnt work...help!

Run the System File Checker

Go to the Run box on the Start Menu and type in:

sfc /scannow ( sfc if not reconized) (Note that there is a space between sfc and /scannow)

This command will immediately initiate the Windows File Protection service to scan all protected files and verify their integrity, replacing any files with which it finds a problem.

In all likelihood you will be prompted to insert the Windows XP CD.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/ie-doesnt-work-help-165119.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Im having some problems with my cd-rom device, it only reads the audio cd's without problems, but doesnt read data disc, sometimes do it but just for about 2 min, im wondering what is the problem... if u have some suggestions plz post it

Thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lg-dvd-cd-rw-doesnt-work.19750/
Relevancy 49.45%

Ok so ive been reading a lot and found that there is a large issue with mics not working properly in windows here is my dilemma Imma make this quick Came home to talk to buddy on skype when i plugged in my mic and tried to call him skype said there was a problem with my mic under RealtekHD audio onboard controller for work Mic doesnt Gigabyte p Ud board the mic is recognized and i can hear my self talk if i turn on playback http img imageshack us img micproblem jpg under the windows sound setup i tried to configure the mic but it wouldnt Mic doesnt work work i get a popup saying quot Make sure your audio hardware is working properly and check your Mic doesnt work audio configuration in the audio devices and sound themes control panel quot http Mic doesnt work img imageshack us img micproblem jpg so i decided to reinstall the audio drivers from the gigabyte disk well after rebooting i had no sound through the speakers and no sound through the mic still windows tells me i have no speakers plugged in and i cant even begin to change volume levels anywhere i re-flashed my bios of the board from f to f but that didnt change anything please help this is starting to piss me off more so cause it slate and i just wanted to game after work Update i did a system restore and my speakers work again but the mic still does not work i can only hear it if i listend to the mic playback in realtek audio hd manager if i try to calibrate it the mic doesnt work Update after doing some reading on other forums ive found two similar cases People have windows with gigs of ram everything is fine and mic works on desktops btw then like me they did a fresh install of windows onto a new hdd ssd and added gigs of ram to make the total gigs now the only thing that has changed is the amount of ram in the system would this cause the mic to stop working cause to me that doesn't make sense but if two other people have had the same problem

A:Mic doesnt work

Hi corban

Could you post a snip of your recording devices?
Right click your volume icon in system tray>Select Recording devices>Sniping Tool>Attach and Upload

Regards

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/95300-mic-doesnt-work.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Here is my problem I recently upgraded my pc and i and i wanted to put my DVD-rom but i dont know were to plug that CD IN cable because i got CD-RW plug in motherboard already Before i used to plug to HDD but now i upgraded it work Rom Doesnt DVD and i am not sure I set one to master and one to slave and my DVD Rom reads cd format but it doesnt read the DVD format things For exaple when i put my Half Life Dvd format cd it doesnt auto play it instead i get this message that there is problem and it needs to close It happens with any type of DVD I DVD Rom Doesnt work am using Windows XP my motherboard is Gygabyte GA-K NS Pro and DVD ROM is IDE DVD rom X if that helps plz iam realy desperate to fix it Plz dont tell me to trow them in my cubord and buy new DVD-RW CD-RW coz iam kinda short on money Maybe DVD Rom Doesnt work my drivers are not good If some one could find them for me coz i dont even know were to start of and google gives me no results dunno why nbsp

Relevancy 49.45%

Good evening all, I have an issue with my Lenovo Z510. The 2x USB 3.0 port on the left and the usb 2.0 on the right are notworking. I noticed it when my external mouse wasn't working. When I attach an external HDD, the HDDlight is on on all 3 ports, so they are powered, but it is not seen by my pc. When I look in the Device Manager there's an error in the Intel(R) USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller- 0100 (microsoft). It says that the device cannot start (Code 10). Tried to udate the driver.It says that the driver is up to date. I have Windows 8.1. Thank in advanced and below the log/report of the devicemanager Device PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_8C31&SUBSYS_397817AA&REV_05\3&11583659&0&A0 had a problem starting.Driver Name: usbxhci.infClass Guid: {36FC9E60-C465-11CF-8056-444553540000}Service: USBXHCILower Filters:Upper Filters:Problem: 0xAStatus: 0x0

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/USB-doesnt-work/td-p/3394001
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi,

When I plug a USB 2.0 device into my computer, the mouse and keyboard stop working. I have this problem for a year now and now i'm thinking of buying a mp3 player. But the USB 2 on my computer doesnt work! I tried installing all the drivers for my albatron KM18G Pro motherboard but that didnt fixed it. I was suspecting maybe there is a problem with my power supply. It's only 300W. To all the computer whiz in this forum, please help me out. Thanks.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-usb-2-doesnt-work.45336/
Relevancy 49.45%

hi all, I got a problem with my psu.. PSU fan doesnt work O.o... here wut i have
PSU: Antec TruePower Trio 650W
Mainboard: INTEL BLKD101GGCL XPRESS200 775
CPU: INTEL|P4 650 3.4G LGA775 2M 90NM
VGA EVGA 7600GT 256-P2-N615-TX (PCI express)
Ram: 1 Kingston 1GB PC3200 CL3 184pin DIMM DRR + 1 Ultra 512Mb PC3200 CL3 184pin DIMM DRR
1 HDD 120GB seagate
1Samsung DVD+- RW
.. and the big fan in the PSU doesnt work, the PSU is super hot now O.o I have to put an extra fan next to it to cool it down while trying to figure out why.. .. help plz.. thx

Relevancy 49.45%

Most of the time when I insert a CD ROM, I get a message that the CD ROM needs cleaning. After I have clean the CD many times it still doesnt work. However somethink strange is that there is 1 or 2 CD ROM that can work without much problem. At times the PC thought it is an audio when its actually a children software. I am confuse as what to do.

Relevancy 49.45%

hi. I have a MSI GeForce 3 Ti200. It has a S-Video IN & OUT and a TV out (looks like a RCA jack but dont know if thats how you call it). Ok and I also have a TV with a S-Video IN.
When I plug the TV to the pc, and do a reboot the TV screen blinks, shows some colors and then goes black again and the monitor stays black the hole time.
I have the lates Nvidia Drivers for my video card.
So my question is, is there something I'm not doing right??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/tv-out-doesnt-work.153250/
Relevancy 49.45%

didnt know where to post this. so i post here... my problem is something with my mic, when i try to connect to someone on msn to a sound conversation then i invite him, he accepts and we wait a bit it says something "establishing connection to < MSN nick>. but then it gets cancelled and says " the computer you are trying to reach, got some problems..." but i know i am having the problems... and when i try doing it with our pc on other places like at my friend then it works fine. is it something wrong with our router?

dont know if u understanded this, but oh well... lol

A:my mic doesnt work

I upgraded to office XP and found it had turned off (muted) my mic. Goto:
Control panel/Sounds- Audio/Device Volume (advanced). Now you must add the mic to the list of controls. Is it muted?????

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/my-mic-doesnt-work-35269.html
Relevancy 49.45%

hello when uninstalling aol mcafee finds a trojan connected to the aol connectivity service generic start page in d documents and settings but its not there when i scan nothing comes up but when i reinstall aol it hangs at the start triangle icon then says aol will now install files needed to connect so i cant get on aol unless i use i e please advisehttp forums techguy org register php a act amp u amp i Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE c APPS Powercinema Kernel TV CLCapSvc exe C Program Files CyberLink Shared Files CLML NTService CLMLServer exe C Program Files CyberLink Shared Files CLML work aol doesnt NTService CLMLService exe c APPS HIDSERVICE HIDSERVICE exe C PROGRA McAfee MSC mcmscsvc exe c PROGRA COMMON mcafee mna mcnasvc exe c PROGRA COMMON mcafee mcproxy mcproxy exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcshield exe C Program Files McAfee MPF MPFSrv exe C Program Files McAfee aol doesnt work MSK MskSrver exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C Program Files SiteAdvisor SAService exe C WINDOWS system slserv exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program aol doesnt work Files Common Files Ulead Systems DVD ULCDRSvr exe c APPS Powercinema Kernel TV CLSched exe C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C WINDOWS ALCWZRD EXE C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Apps Powercinema PCMService exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C Program Files McAfee com Agent mcagent exe C Program Files SiteAdvisor SiteAdv exe C Program Files BT Voyager ADSL Modem dslstat exe C aol doesnt work Program Files BT Voyager ADSL Modem dslagent exe C Program Files VoyagerTest fts exe C Program Files McAfee MBK McAfeeDataBackup exe C WINDOWS system LVCOMSX EXE C Program Files Logitech Video LogiTray exe C Program Files Windows Live Family Safety fssui exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Logitech Video FxSvr exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcsysmon exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLLoginProxy exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Packard Bell O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - FD D- B- FC- - AE - C Program Files SiteAdvisor SiteAdv dll O - BHO McAfee Phishing Filter - B A- - A -B -BE AFE AB - c PROGRA mcafee msk mskapbho dll O - BHO Windows Live OneCare Family Safety Browser Helper - f ed cd- - a - f -d f d ac - C Program Files Windows Live Family Safety fssbho dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO scriptproxy - DB D A - - E -B D- F C - c PROGRA mcafee VIRUSS scriptsn dll O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - Toolbar McAfee SiteAdvisor - BF - F - - - FE E AA - C Program Files SiteAdvisor SiteAdv dll O - HKLM Run IMJPMIG quot C WINDOWS IME imjp IMJPMIG EXE quot Spoil RemAdvDef Migration O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run High Definition Audio Property Page Shortc... Read more

Relevancy 49.45%

got media 10 put in dvd to watch & nothing happens any body got any ideas
john

A:dvd doesnt work

Did the DVD drive and/or the DVD itself ever work before?
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/player/plugins.aspx

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-doesnt-work.520691/
Relevancy 49.45%

i have to type command anyone know why?

A:cmd doesnt work on xp

Could possibly be an infection try this and have it checked by a HJT expert here:

To download HJTsetup.exe To Download HijackThis go to the following: http://www.thespykiller.co.uk/forum/index.php?action=tpmod;dl=item5
Filename = 1137518044HJTsetup.exe
Save the file to your desktop.
Double click on the HJTsetup.exe icon on your desktop.
By default it will install to C:\Program Files\HijackThis.
Continue to click Next in the setup dialog boxes until you get to the Select Additional Tasks dialog.
Put a check by Create a desktop icon then click Next again.
Continue to follow the rest of the prompts from there.
At the final dialog box click Finish and it will launch Hijack This.
Click on the Do a system scan and save a log file button. It will scan and then ask you to save the log.
Click Save to save the log file and then the log will open in notepad.
At the top of the Notepad HJT log screen, hit Edit then Select All then click Edit and then click Copy doing that copies the text to the clipboard, you won't see it yet....
Come back here to this thread and Paste the log in your next reply.
DO NOT have Hijack This fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.

A security expert should take a look at your log - please be patient.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cmd-doesnt-work-on-xp.510527/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hello all,

As the title says, my mic doesnt work! Yesterday is worked perfectly then i reset my computer and it stopped working.
WHen i press my push to talk key in Teamspeak people hear there self and even hear the music i am playing through my headset, but they cant hear me. I did almost everything i can found on the internet.

- Used the correct "holes".
- CHeck if its muted somewhere
- DOwnloaded newest drivers
- Check the entire sound page and tried everything!

additional information:

- I got like 6/7 lines in noted at my recording devices and they are all not plugged in.
- When i go to speaker > properties > levels there isnt a microphone there.
- use windows 7 btw.
- it also doesnt work @ windows sound recorder.

If you could help me i would be very gratefull!
ANd if you need anything else, just ask!!

Wessel

A:My mic doesnt work

Quote:
Yesterday is worked perfectly then i reset my computer and it stopped working

Exactly what did you do to "reset" the computer?

Also please fill in the "My System Specs". It helps us to try and help users.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/323526-my-mic-doesnt-work.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I start the PC, and the net is connected - using cable - I open up my FTP program, FileZilla and it doesnt connect.
I disconnect LAN and reconnect and it FTP works. But when I shut it down and start my PC again, I got to repeat the same process.

Any idea how to get this fixed ?

Thanks

A:FTP doesnt work unless

By disconnect LAN, do you mean you unplug the ethernet cable, or do you repair, or disable/reenable the internet connection from windows?

Also, can you browse the internet from your internet browser without going through the process you described?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/ftp-doesnt-work-unless-105355.html
Relevancy 49.45%

hi

i have 4 gh usb sony it doesnt work . when i insert the usb to its drive in my computer the icon appears ,when i check the properties it shows all the disk space used but, when i try to view any contents i get this messege ( please insert a disk to dive )

how can i fix ?

thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/usb-it-doesnt-work-231250.html
Relevancy 49.45%

My CD drive is : LITE-ON DVDRW SHOW-1653S

But it says this message.

Windows cannot initialize the device driver for this hardware. (Code 37)

I have XP. I have tried updating and re-installing but that doesnt work.

A:Doesnt Work !!!

Take a look at this
http://www.5starsupport.com/xp-faq/1-111.htm
This is a registry patch File.
www.aumha.org/downloads/cdgone.zip

You may have to re-install whatever Burning Software you use

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/doesnt-work.550615/
Relevancy 49.45%

I have an to USB Wifi NIC disallows simultaneously? adapter Onboard Solved: work - W7 HP W Home Premium PC I have a wired connection on-systemboard network interface to a Belkin g router but the router is not physically connected Solved: W7 - Onboard NIC disallows USB Wifi adapter to work simultaneously? to the internet no ethernet cable out to a cable modem whatever The router connects several necessary peripherals - mostly wirelessly to the main PC and another W PC All this stuff worked prior to a move to a Solved: W7 - Onboard NIC disallows USB Wifi adapter to work simultaneously? new location There is freely accessible Wifi in range public library - wherein I could concievably carry the whole PC and use their WiFi with their blessing I attached a USB Wifi adapter to the PC to avail myself of the free service but W will not allow the Wifi adapter to be seen until I detach the ethernet wire Then it will allow me to see the available network and connect How does W or the system board look at network Are they onboard NIC and USB mutually exclusive Do I need a separate ethernet adapter card or a separate USB adapter card to create a different quot channel quot that would allow the two networks to coexist nbsp

A:Solved: W7 - Onboard NIC disallows USB Wifi adapter to work simultaneously?

There is freely accessible Wifi in range (public library - wherein I could concievably carry the whole PC and use their WiFi with their blessing).Click to expand...

And that's exactly the idea. Unless they have a most liberal policy the Wi-Fi is for their patrons while on premises. If they allow your off-site use please PM me a link to their policy. Closing this for now.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-w7-onboard-nic-disallows-usb-wifi-adapter-to-work-simultaneously.988534/
Relevancy 49.02%

any ideas . I havetried everything . clicked on vol at bottom right then sound recording , mic is check with a green check but not working . please help I have windows vista . ROZ

Relevancy 49.02%

Hi, when I start up my laptop appears a blank screen and after a few minutes appears a message asking me to insert the recovery disc. when I insert it and restart the laptop, nothing happens. I tried to start the recovery system by pressing f11. it doesn't access to the system.any help?thanks

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Recovery-doesnt-work/td-p/5825793
Relevancy 49.02%

I need a way to activate My wireless Capabilities withough using the FN + F2 on the keyboard(Because apparently It doesnt work any more)
+
I have Vista

A:Fn F2 doesnt work anymore. I need help

Wait. Nevermind.
I found the switch.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/fn-f2-doesnt-work-anymore-i-need-help.808584/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi My Msn doesn't work and I hoped that this would help u log doesnt msn work+hijack help me Thanx heaps pacemanscoop Logfile of HijackThis v Scan msn doesnt work+hijack log saved at PM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINNT System smss exe C WINNT system winlogon exe C WINNT system services exe C WINNT system lsass exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT System svchost exe C WINNT system spoolsv exe C WINNT system CTsvcCDA EXE C PROGRA SYMANT SYMANT DefWatch exe C WINNT system gearsec msn doesnt work+hijack log exe C PROGRA SYMANT SYMANT Rtvscan exe C WINNT system regsvc exe C WINNT system MSTask exe C WINNT System WBEM WinMgmt exe C WINNT system svchost exe C Program Files VERITAS Backup Exec RANT beremote exe C PROGRA SYMANT SYMANT vptray exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C WINNT system diiaim exe C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exe C WINNT system internat exe C Program Files Ares Ares exe C Program Files MA PCI Adapter Configuration Utility wlanutil exe C WINNT system spool DRIVERS W X E SICN EXE C WINNT system wuauclt exe C WINNT explorer exe C Program Files BearShare BearShare exe C Program Files BearShare BearShare exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmplayer exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files WinRAR WinRAR exe C DOCUME David LOCALS Temp Rar EX HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page bak about blank R - URLSearchHook no name - CFBFAE - A - D - CB- C FD - no file O - BHO no name - D-D - C - E - BF - no file O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINNT System msdxm ocx O - HKLM Run Synchronization Manager mobsync exe logon O - HKLM Run vptray C PROGRA SYMANT SYMANT vptray exe O - HKLM Run NeroCheck C WINNT system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run RunDLL rundll exe quot C WINNT system bridge dll quot Load O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper C Documents and Settings David Desktop iTunesHelper exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run vmdzqri C WINNT system diiaim exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run BearShare quot C Program Files BearShare BearShare exe quot pause O - HKCU Run internat exe internat exe O - HKCU Run MsnMsgr quot C Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr Exe quot background O - HKCU Run Steam C Program Files Steam Steam exe -silent O - HKCU Run ares quot C Program Files Ares Ares exe quot -h O - Global Startup Adobe Gamma Loader exe lnk C Program Files Common Files Adobe Calibration Adobe Gamma Loader exe O - Global Startup Adobe Gamma Loader lnk C Program Files Common Files Adobe Calibration Adobe Gamma Loader exe O - Global Startup Configuration Utility lnk C Program Files MA PCI Adapter Configuration Utility wlanutil exe O - Global Startup EPSON Status Monitor Environment Check lnk C WINNT system spool drivers w x E SRCV EXE O - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXE O - Extra context menu item Download using Download amp Express - C Program Files Download Express Add Url htm O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C WINNT system msjava dll O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C WINNT system msjava dll O - DPF B CFB- - -A -C A C Checkers Class - http messenger zone msn com binary r cab cab O - DPF F-F B- B D- DF- B B Minesweeper Flags Class - http messenger zone msn com binary r cab cab O - DPF B F-D BF- -B -FDC F F E B FilePlanet Download Control Class - http www fileplanet com fpdlmgr ca C cab O - DPF BCB- D... Read more

A:msn doesnt work+hijack log

Welcome to TSF.

Please print out or copy this page to Notepad. Make sure to work through the fixes in the exact order it is mentioned below. If there's anything that you don't understand, ask your question(s) before proceeding with the fixes. You should not have any open browsers when you are following the procedures below.

Go to My Computer->Tools/View->Folder Options->View tab and make sure that 'Show hidden files and folders' (or 'Show all files') is enabled. Also make sure that Display the contents of System Folders' is checked. Windows XP's search feature is a little different. When you click on 'All files and folders' on the left pane, click on the 'More advanced options' at the bottom. Make sure that Search system folders, Search hidden files and folders, and Search subfolders are checked.

Make sure to close any open browsers. Go into HijackThis->Config->Misc. Tools->Open process manager. Select the following and click Kill process for each one if they are still listed (they shouldn't be - but double check it):

C:\WINNT\system32\diiaim.exe

Run a scan in HijackThis. Check each of the following and hit 'Fix checked' (after checking them) if they still exist (make sure not to miss any):

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page_bak = about:blank
R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - _{CFBFAE00-17A6-11D0-99CB-00C04FD64497} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {0000607D-D204-42C7-8E46-216055BF9918} - (no file)
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RunDLL] rundll32.exe "C:\WINNT\system32\bridge.dll",Load
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [vmdzqri] C:\WINNT\system32\diiaim.exe

Reboot into Safe Mode (hit F8 key until menu shows up). Delete the following Files/Folders (delete folders if no filename is specified) according to their directory (if none, just do a search for them) and delete them if they exist:

C:\WINNT\system32\diiaim.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\bridge.dll

Reboot into Normal Mode and post a new HijackThis log file so we can make sure it's clean.

To help prevent future spyware installations/infections, please read the Anti-Spyware Section and use the tools provided.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/msn-doesnt-work-hijack-log-22420.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi All,

I am using xp pro service pak2 on a dell laptop. I set my screensaver for example to come on in 1 minute to test it. If I click on preview it works fine. I also noticed now that when I go into power on the screensaver tab, and tell it to turn off the monitor after a certain period of time, that isn't working now either.
It did work at one point. I have run adaware, spybot, avg antivirus, all with no noticable virus. Any ideas?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-screensaver-doesnt-work-77575.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I accidently removed AC'97 Audio something like this and it screwed up my sound
i cant hear anything
then when i restarted my computer it said new updates blah blah for multimedia audio controller so when i tried to reinstall it...it said

The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)
and it coundnt find the necessary software

PLEASE HELP!!!!!

A:Sound doesnt work...can somebody please help

Give us the brand and model of computer, and sound card.
Usually all you have to do is download and reinstall the drivers using the Device Manager.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-doesnt-work-can-somebody-please-help.99711/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello i have work C20-00 USB Lenovo doesnt bought Lenovo all in one C - F BBwithout preinstalled operating system I have installed Win professional bit on it and i have problems with usb ports Computer doesnt have any PS ports so keyboard Lenovo C20-00 USB doesnt work and mouse are connected thru USB Keyboard mouse are working except wheel on the mouse but when i try USB flash device it is not recognized and in device manager there are exclamation marks at USB nbsp I have tried installing all the drivers from lenovo support page for this model update drivers in device manager disable enable I made hardware scan with lenovo solution center it ended up with code WMB A -RL BYE everything ok nbsp I had similar problem with LAN ethernet exclamation mark in device manager but then i installed ethernet driver for some lenovo desktop computer and it worked nbsp Lenovo C20-00 USB doesnt work nbsp So i think i need proper driver I tried installing intel usb driver but it failed -incompatible device probably ports are But i am not able to find drivers anywhere nbsp I will be happy for any help Regards

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-A-B-C-N-S-Flex-Horizon/Lenovo-C20-00-USB-doesnt-work/td-p/3368145
Relevancy 49.02%

everytime i try to change my desktop backround on my laptop from a normal colour to any picture, nothing happens. i right click on the picture select set as backround but nothing happens, it is as if i never tryed anything, yet i can change the solid colours.. please help

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/backround-doesnt-want-to-work-195003.html
Relevancy 49.02%

alright, i did it all. uninstalled the game, got rid of any related files, did the registry cleaner with ccleaner, then installed the game and the patch right after and still the patch did not work. i just can not imagine why i would have this trouble all of the sudden out of nowhere when it works fine on my other computer. do any of you guys no what i can do? im stumped.

Relevancy 49.02%

i have a kensington wireless mouse and keyboard that work off of one usb adapter. i installed the keyboardworks and mouseworks software that came with the equipment, and then my mouse didnt work. i restarted my computer, but the mouse still doesnt work. i later found out that youre not supposed to install mouseworks with vista. ive tried other mice, usb, ps/2, wired/wireless and nothing works. i cant log in to my computer because i cant select what user i want (no tab doesnt work, but the keyboard does work just fine.)
what i need to know is either how to log in and get rid of mouseworks, or how to get my mouse to work again. ive tried safe mode and it still doesnt work. please, any help provided is appreciated.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/mouse-doesnt-work-205655.html
Relevancy 49.02%

i got a labtop model (HP envy DV6)i have updated win 10 it was very hard to deal with then i switched it back to win 8.1 but the problems didn't got fixed and it got worth beside some softwares doesn't work anymore and the touchpad is dead and i tried everything by mistake i deleted the hardware also the synaptics  touchpad v1.7 shows this message    i will be very thankfull for your help  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/my-touchpad-doesnt-work/td-p/5628109
Relevancy 49.02%

i have this other computer where all of a sudden teh mouse didnt work. Im not sure when it happened maybe it was wheni started it. I dont see anything wrong with the connection.
All i can link to it is teh fact that i tried to install this dlink driver that i downloaded but in the folder there were a bunch of folders and i stupidly just went to one and clicked an exe.
first it froze tehn it loaded a setup screen and tehn it said there was some error but i wasnt paying attention to it i just quit it and then i think there was another error which i didnt pay attention to either. I think ill jsut reinstall windows since the computer is basically empty and i got nothing to lose.

A:Mouse Doesnt Work Plz Help

.......................................................................................................................................
fixed it....................................... unhooked power... hooked it back voila...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mouse-doesnt-work-plz-help.491853/
Relevancy 49.02%

hi i am using a HP Pavilion dv6838tx Entertainment Notebook PC

i recently downgraded from vista to windows xp profesional sp3

i have managed over time to download and install all other drivers and software that was needed.

now the only thing left is bluetooth.

it is installed in device manager and is marked as working but i can not locate it in my control panel so that i can can make my bluetooth visible to other devices.

in wireless assistant it says that bluetooth is on.

how do i find or fix my bluetooth so that i can connect things to my computer?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-bluetooth-doesnt-work.839316/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hey i need some help -
i reinstalled windows yesturday and when i logged on initially it worked fine, however today after i logged on this morning it was fine but then it automatically installed drivers and now i cant use my keyboard but i can use my mouse. I tried restarting but all that did was make it impossible for me to actually log on.I've checked the bios and everythings good. Im completely bamboozled and i want to play some gamessss

A:My keyboard doesnt work

Hi jezzalenko and welcome to the vista forums

First we will need to know the type of keyboard and how it connects to the computer.
if you can post back with this info will see what can be done

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/192773-my-keyboard-doesnt-work.html