Windows Support Forum

Bios/cpu Speed Error

Q: Bios/cpu Speed Error

i'm having a bit of a problem i know my CPU speed is a lot faster then what is currently clocked at and as my system recently crashed i got my operating system reinstalled and have just recently noticed this problem i realise that i need to go into bios to adjust the FSBUS speed but that is my problem i restart my computer and it will not let me access the bios at all any help would be greatly appreciated

i'm running an AMD Athlon XP +2600.....it's running at 1.15Ghz which is rediculously slow, i have an Asus A7V8X-X motherboard any other specs needed just ask thanks again

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Bios/cpu Speed Error

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 45.58%

Hi I just bought a new pc and asked for Corsair 16GB pc3 1200 1600MHz 4x4 GB DDR3 to be installed but when I checked the bios it lists
Memory frequency 1337.68MHz
Total Memory size 16384 MB
should the frequency not be 1600MHz ?

A:Memory speed in the bios

Quote: Originally Posted by baccini

Hi I just bought a new pc and asked for Corsair 16GB pc3 1200 1600MHz 4x4 GB DDR3 to be installed but when I checked the bios it lists
Memory frequency 1337.68MHz
Total Memory size 16384 MB
should the frequency not be 1600MHz ?

On a lot of PCs the RAM frequency is set to DDR3-1333 by default. To get something different, you may need to set the BIOS to use the XMP (extreme media profile) settings, or manually set the RAM frequency and timings.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/225126-memory-speed-bios.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Ive been looking around for ways to change fan speed. I keep seeing people saying check your fan speed in bios, make faster in bios, open bios.. HOW DO I DO THAT? It makes no sense, can someone tell me in laments terms?

A:How do i change fan speed in bios

It's highly possible that your specific BIOS does not contain the tools to do so.

An alternative is to install a Windows program like SpeedFan:

http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/how-do-i-change-fan-speed-in-bios-265778.html
Relevancy 45.58%

My P50 was silent, but since I updated the BIOS to 1.29 (to get RAID capability), the fan seems to spin from time to time. I notice the noise as it sounds like a jet engine, each time running about 5-10 minutes before going silent again.

Spec: i7-6700HQ CPU, 64GB RAM, FHD screen, NVIDIA Quadro M1000M. Upgraded the OS from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro, and the standard 500GB HDD to 500GB Samsung 850 Evo SSD. Latest change between the fan noise is just the BIOS upgrade. Weird.

W510, S110, W530, E330, E440, Q190, another E440, another Q190, Yoga2, P50, W520... and selling out all Q190s

A:P50 Fan High Speed BIOS v1.29

I can confirm that - it was a more quiet on the 1.28 BIOS. The fan starts to kick in at around ~30% of CPU usage after ~5 seconds.  

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/P50-Fan-High-Speed-BIOS-v1-29/td-p/3384837
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi there This is just a quick question really I have a client at work who has a HP laptop He had some fan after speed update HP BIOS driver problems and sent it to HP They then flashed the BIOS but ever since then he said the fan has been really noisy As i write this i have forgotten the model NO but i know its a laptop When HP fan speed after BIOS update i read the BIOS update description it said something about the BIOS will put the fan into a low volume state when the laptop is in use but its like that isn t working Does anyone know anything It seems to be plastered all over the web and some have cured it with Speed fan etc but they don t seem to work on his PC We have looked at cleaning and also adjusting the speed in the BIODS but he says there is no option and unfortunately i can see the BIOS He said ti was called F if anyone knows Any help would be great as we seemed to have tried a lot and other have said about the same thing so if you could suggest anything it would be brilliant nbsp

A:HP fan speed after BIOS update

'Does anyone know anything?.'

Not a lot, really.

BUT, most Bios settings that affect temps/fan speeds are obvious and can be targetted as either AMD or Intel processor management related to heat and cpu activity accompanied with motherboard manufacturer fan control options.

Get the manual - read it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-fan-speed-after-bios-update.114800/
Relevancy 45.15%

hi all now this is gonna sound really reatrded but i was in my Bios the other day when i changed the clock speed on my proccessor from 233 to 400mhz y im not sure but know my comp won;t even start up into the bios screen what if anything can i do

Relevancy 45.15%

Im trying to install an amd 2400xp to a asus A7n8x Deluxe (2.0 rev.). When i boot up, it only recognzes xp 1800 and i get the message to adjust correct cpu speed in bios. I go to bios and there is not a cpu speed menu. I have done this before on my asus a7v333 when I updated from 1900xp to 2400 xp and the speed menu appeared so i can select 2.0 Ghz speed. But on this freshly mobo and all components pc, i dont get the cpu speed menu. I have also left intact the cpu fsb jumper.(its set to default 266/333/400). Any help will be apreaciated

Relevancy 45.15%

two weeks ago i dug out my old compaq v4000 dead laptop out of the closet when a dell laptop from my shop fell off a table and broke . the compaq died a couple years ago and a computer repair shop said the processor was shot so anyway the dell laptop had a pentium m 1.73ghz 479 533 mhz processor and the compaq had a celeron m 1.3ghz 479 400 mhz so i took both apart and put pentium m in compaq hit the power button turned on got into windows works good . well when i checked the bios it shows 1.3 ghz instead of 1.73 ghz checked manual it should support 2.0 ghz 533 mhz i did a bios update still shows the same. the ram is 1 gb pc2700 ddr 333mhz could this be the reason.i would switch memory with the dell but its 2 gb ddr2 5300 or somthing like that i just know it would not hope someone can help me out

A:bios not detecting new processor speed

Your full speed isn't showing up because you are using PC2700, but you need PC4300.
PC4300 runs at max 533MHZ, while PC2700 runs at max 333MHZ.
http://www.buy.com/prod/kingston-va...e-256mb-533mhz-ddr533/q/loc/101/10399830.html

---
You wouldn't be able to use the DDR2 ram, as it isn't compatible with DDR slots.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bios-not-detecting-new-processor-speed.945706/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hello All:

Have just put together a new system:

1) iDeq case (210V)
a) Bios ID: KM400A-8237-GAGLY09C-0
b) Build Date: 10/20/2004
c) Flash Type: AMIC A2040 /5V
2) AMD Athlon 2400+
3) Windows XP Pro With SP #2
4) More Info If needed

Everything works fine except: the BIOS is reading the Processor as an 1800+ instead of the 2400+ that is installed.

Have looked on the internet and read the Users Manual, but am unsure what the latest BIOS ver. is, and where to get it.

Does any know what to do about this?

Please Help

Thanks
thoyler

Relevancy 45.15%

Have an Elite MoBo K7S5A and the BIOS settings in CPU Pnp CPU speed show 2 settings i.e. 100Mhz/100Mhz, which can be changed to 100Mhz/133Mhz or 133Mhz/133Mhz.
I have an Athlon XP2000 cpu.with 512k SDRAM (2x256)
Q1. What does each setting relate to; Mem speed FSB speed Proc speed?
Q2. I have set the speed to 100/100 (the default form best perf)and it works fine but when I look in my sys Info it says my proc is 1.2 Mhz, when I set the speed to 133/133 it shows my proc as correctly as an XP2k cpu running at 1.6Mhz. But it hangs. What should it be set to.
Q3. The manual says that the MoBo is 200 or 266 FSB does this mean I can only use multiples. I ask as I am just putting together another machine with the same MoBo.

Relevancy 45.15%

Hi all I seem to Speed Changing Somthing in CPU BIOS be having a problem with either my CPU or my Motherboard or my BIOS or somthing Somthing on my computer keeps changing the cpu speed in the bios at seemingly random times to mhz speed when it should be ghz I originaly thought it was Ntune because that has the ability to change bios settings without having to restart but after i removed it and the problem persisted i thought maybe the processor or motherboard or BIOS is damaged Every time the cpu gets set to mhz i start experiencing extreme lag and eventualy the computer locks up completley with the sound looping if anythings playing SOmetimes but rarely it will give me the Blue screen but then close before i can read it Every time this happends i go into the BIOS and it says the CPU is operating at mhz and the CPU multiplyer is x I have a intel quad core proc ultra vid i nforce MB and gigs of dual channel sli RAM and use windows XP if that matters I put a clean image on and everything no dumb programs running and it also crashes before win XP even has the oportunity to even think about loading up sometimes as fast as just after processor is recognized to before and after memory is counted to after harddrive is recognized etc and ofcourse all those random moments when im playing games watching movies or just using it to surf the net i doubt its some kind of driver issue unless it has to do with the bios or motherboard the i BIOS frequency options works like this theres columns and one column is the speed setting you want it to be and the next is the speed setting it actualy is I have it set on the proper option which is auto or w e so it sets it at factory defaults or recomended settings for my hardware types i dont do anything manualy i let the bios do it how it likes Now sometimes it shows column one being nice and fine showing ghz and a x cpu multiplyer and then it shows the speed it actualy is at mhz and x multiplyer Other times it shows both columns at mhz and xmultiplyer Somthing Changing CPU Speed in BIOS I dont know wtf is wrong with this but its getting quite annoying if anyone has any information on what could be wrong please tell me thanks if u need any more info because im sure i missed alot Somthing Changing CPU Speed in BIOS of stuff to tell you please just ask nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/somthing-changing-cpu-speed-in-bios.630740/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi guys

I have problem on my ram (actualy its my nephew's PC)

when I entered BIOS set-up, what is detected their is 2 X
256mb (DDR333) ram, where infact the actual RAM is DDR400.

is this a bios version problem? is their a need upgarde the bios version?

by the way the RAM brand is GEIL DDR400 256mb (x2).

thanks for the help and time

A:Bios detect incorrect RAM speed

did you upgrade the ram? it may be you board doesn't support it. or if one of them is a 333 and the other is 400 for dual channel operation, it will under clock the faster one. do both sticks physically say DDR400 or is there a stick in the machine running at 333?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bios-detect-incorrect-ram-speed.85175/
Relevancy 45.15%

So I got this new computer right, and the processor's supposed to be an AMD Athlon XP2600+ CPU. The motherboard's got DDR333 slots, and I'm told the RAM I have is DDR400.

When I start up the computer, it says AMD 1150 Mhz, and that the memory frequency is DDR200. Surely thats not right, so is there somewhere in BIOS I can go to fix this problem?

Any advice would be most appreciated.

Relevancy 45.15%

I just got this laptop on Feb. 2016, the HP support assistant specs showed 4 GB RAM at 800 Mhz, after the BIOS update is now showing 4 GB RAM at 1600 Mhz.  The manual says the max speed is 1333 Mhz.  Can someone explain this? I want to upgrade the RAM and need to know if the OEM RAM is salvageable?

A:Confusing RAM speed after BIOS update

Hi, It runs dual channels therefore 800MHz and 1600MHz mean the same thing (800MHz dual or double = 1600MHz). But due to slower chipset, it automatically downgrade from 1600MHz to 1333MHz. (similar to driving a fast car on a speed limited road). Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Confusing-RAM-speed-after-BIOS-update/td-p/5532874
Relevancy 45.15%

While playing heavy graphic games,cpu temp reaches above 100c ,but still fan is running at 70% speed.but factory Bios F.0.0 gives 100% fan speed ,maintaining cpu temp below 85c.Since factory BIOS has deleted I can't rollback.Please help me before my laptop get into fire.I still have 3 months warranty.

A:BIOS F.82 not allowing fan to reach 100% speed.

@abhishekkm

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details). If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/BIOS-F-82-not-allowing-fan-to-reach-100-speed/td-p/5817983
Relevancy 45.15%

My old CPU was 2.40GHz and I replaced it with a 2.53GHz. System information and BIOS still show it as 2.40GHz. One thread said go into BIOS and change the CPU setting but I can't do that in my BIOS, it just states what the CPU is and the speed, it doesn't give the option to change anything. Is there anything I can do, or is this enough information? I have XP SP2 and an ASUS P4G800-V motherboard. Will clearing the RTC RAM do anything for me? I'm looking at the manual for my board and it mentions that. I know just enough about computers to mess things up really bad, that's why I'm here asking for help first.

Relevancy 45.15%

Hello,
Firstly I should state that I've never overclocked before and know almost nothing about it.
I'd being having problems with my PC so I decided to update my Bios to the latest version (I'm using an MSI motherboard if thats important??). This seemed to work fine, It didn't solve my initial problem but thats solved now. I've noticed though that my AMD XP processor is now running at 1250mhz when it should be running at 2000mhz. I have no idea how to fix this and would greatly appreciate any help/advice anyone can offer.

Thanks in advance.
Rick.

A:Flashed Bios now cpu is at wrong speed, Please help

Well I'm not familar with the XP BIOS settings, but you should have two things, an FSB clock setting, usually 200MHz and a CPU multiplier setting, usually X9 to X11. So that 200X10=2000MHz.
But it seems to me that you might have installed the wrong BIOS, very odd that default settings for your mobo would have changed to that degree.
Did you try setting BIOS to fail safe defaults?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/flashed-bios-now-cpu-is-at-wrong-speed-please-help.36803/
Relevancy 45.15%

I am not able to change my AGP bus speed from 8x to 4x in Windows Vista. So I want to do it in my BIOS but in there it is faded out and I can't select the option (AGP MODE) to change it. It is on AUTO now. What can I do? Thanks

Relevancy 45.15%

Hello I have an old HP Pavilion n that has - GB DDR PC ram modules but they are being reported in BIOS as only being at PC and I am just wondering if this is the best that this system can do with this speed of ram or is there anything that I can do to get it to run at PC Here are the specs from CPU-Z Mainboard Model - ASUS P B -LA rev Chipset - Intel i D rev Southbridge - Intel BA ICH rev Processor Intel Pentium - GHz - Northwood Clocks Core Core Speed - MHz Multiplier - x Bus Speed - MHz Rated FSB - MHz CPU-Z is reporting that both modules are PC DDR but the BIOS is indicating PC The BIOS does not have the ability to change anything regarding clock settings and the board itself has no jumpers to change so any input would be welcome regarding any suggestions if this system can actually get full usage of the PC DDR GB modules or if it can only run at PC because of the Bus Speed I thought that if Speed Ram reporting BIOS not correct in the board had a MHz FSB it would run DDR PC ram Any advice would be appreciated Thanks Brian nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ram-not-reporting-correct-speed-in-bios.207737/
Relevancy 45.15%

At turn on the fan goes full speed. There is nothing on the monitor and just stays that way. I have reseated the ram, the processor/heat sink and removed /replaced video/sound cards. Still nothing. Any suggestions? PC is a dell poweredge 420sc with 2gb ram, intel 3.2 pentium win xp.

Relevancy 44.72%

I installed a gig of pc3200 kingston ram into a dimension 4600. The system is suppose to support 400mhz, but it is showing speed of 333mhz in bios. I removed the old ram, and I'm sure the 2 sticks are what they are suppose to be. Any way to make it run at 400mhz? Thanks in advance.

A:pc3200 ram showing speed of 333mhz in bios

Have a look in the BIOS, make sure your CPU's FSB & your Ram speed is set to 200mhz. It might have been reset to a failsafe value when it detected the Ram change.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc3200-ram-showing-speed-of-333mhz-in-bios.24044/
Relevancy 44.72%

I scanned my system on the Dell site and it was recommended that I do a bios update I flashed the bios as per the directions on the site or Bios nearly runs full speed Fan update since rather let the site do it since I am not really computer savvy and the laptop runs much better Fan runs nearly full speed since Bios update than before except that the fan runs Fan runs nearly full speed since Bios update at nearly high speed most of the time I read somewhere on the net that settings get changed when you upgrade a bios and you need to go into the bios I think that s what it was at start-up and reconfigure that but I m not sure exactly what had to be done or how to do it and unfortunately I didn t bookmark the site and can t find it now Any suggestions on how to do this I don t think there is Fan runs nearly full speed since Bios update anything wrong with my fan because this problem only started after I flashed the bios Also I didn t realize that when I flashed the bios that my anti-virus program Avast was running Does this make a difference or would windows just suspend that while the bios was being flashed I m running Win Thanks for any info nbsp

Relevancy 44.72%

Hey, guys!
Not sure, if this is right section.. But when ever I turn on my pc I get messige saying that I need bios update in order to use CPU at full speed. Problem is that I already have the newest version of BIOS that there is for my motherboard.
So I wanted to ask - is there a way to still use my cpu full speed without update (bypassing that error messige or what ever is it supposed to be; manualy add driver for cpu or what ever is needed to run it at full speed; or something else).

I bought new CPU cause my old one was slow. But now because of BIOS runing it on safe mode - my new cpu feels even slower..

A:BIOS Update required to run CPU at full speed?..

Can you list you mother board & processor?
I'm going gt take an educated guess & say your motherboard does not fully support your CPU.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/355692-bios-update-required-run-cpu-full-speed.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I am building a new machine and I would like someone that has already built a KV7-V system to tell me if the soft menu setup in the AwardBios automatically IDs the CPU and sets up the proper operating speed.
(FSB 400MHZ)
If not can you walk me through the procedure. My CPU is a AMD Athlon 2900+
with 512MB PC3200 DDR 400 MHZ RAM.

Thanks
Slapin

A:KV7-V MOBO-CPU Operating Speed Setup in the Bios

let it take care of itself, it should find the speed alright

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/kv7-v-mobo-cpu-operating-speed-setup-in-the-bios.26604/
Relevancy 44.72%

I've just bought new sdram, 256.
my ram is 256+128+64 in the bios, i can change it from :
sdram 10ns, sdram 8ns, normal, fast, turbo. :suspiciou
What does these options do?? DO THEY EVEN AFFECT THE RAMS' SPEED? :suspiciou
Is it even knowticeable? ive played around, and nothing really happend. What is the shadowing options?? any optium options for my P3 850Mhz, 32mb tnt2, 451mb ramed, comp??

my dial up is 31.2kbs
why isnt it 56kb? thats what i sposly bought.. :haha:

A:BIOS RAM speed setting, maximizing efficency..

Yasmeen said:

I've just bought new sdram, 256.
my ram is 256+128+64 in the bios, i can change it from :
sdram 10ns, sdram 8ns, normal, fast, turbo.
What does these options do?? DO THEY EVEN AFFECT THE RAMS' SPEED?Click to expand...

can under or overclock the speed of the memory stick ,but not much here,to,see real change need to change the mhz make sure all ram is 133mhz if motherboard can handle it.if one stick is slower they will all clock to that one

Is it even noticeable?Click to expand...

not just that change ,good for a real memory draining app.

What is the shadowing options??Click to expand...

shadow video ROM,if running nt this should be disabled OS will run better

my dial up is 31.2kbs
why isnt it 56kb?Click to expand...

you will never see 56kbs through put,I don't know where you got those speeds from ??settings or actual internet clocked speeds??
if this is a setting could be your isp has you set here
can be changed ,may increase connection speeds

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bios-ram-speed-setting-maximizing-efficency.43777/
Relevancy 44.72%

I have recently upgraded the ram on my HP ProDesk G i - S computer from x GB to x GB using GSkill Sniper nbsp memory sticks part number nbsp F - C D- Ram Speed Bios Setting Wrong Upgrade After GSR The new nbsp memory nbsp sticks nbsp were nbsp tested on nbsp another computer and known to be working OK nbsp My HP ProDesk recognises the correct amount of ram nbsp and boots successfully However after nbsp running nbsp cpu-z to check the ram Bios Setting Wrong Ram Speed After Upgrade settings it appears the bios has underclocked the ram from mhz to mhz The original x gb of HP ram were running correctly at mhz I have checked the bios setting and confirmed it is now set at mhz There are no bios settings that nbsp I can find that allow me to manually nbsp adjust the nbsp memory setting nbsp I have checked the HP manual which states memory must be nbsp - industry-standard -pin nbsp - unbuffered non-ECC PC - DDR - MHz-compliant nbsp - volt or volt DDR DDR L-SDRAM DIMMs nbsp - support CAS latency DDR MHz - - timing nbsp - nbsp contain the mandatory JEDEC SPD information nbsp From what I can nbsp tell the GSkill Sniper memory sticks meet these requirements nbsp On checking the nbsp Newegg website I found the following statement listed under the specifications for this memory - to reach rated memory speed enabling Intel XMP profile or manual BIOS tuning is required nbsp Is there an issue with my HP computer nbsp reading the ram settings If so is there something else nbsp in the ram specifications that I should be looking for when selecting new ram for my computer

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/Bios-Setting-Wrong-Ram-Speed-After-Upgrade/td-p/5599213
Relevancy 44.29%

Why is the XPS 9550 POST speed so slow. The amount of time it takes from when you press the power button to when it starts Windows is about 5-7 seconds. This slows the startup time of the laptop significantly! With an SSD a cheaper Acer computer beats this computer to POST by about 3-5 seconds. It takes the Acer about 2 seconds to start booting Windows. I am on the latest BIOS/UEFI as of 24/04/2016 which is 01.02.00. I suspect this could be something to do with fast booting! Please fix this as it would be amazing to have a faster booting computer!

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19682967
Relevancy 44.29%

i rebooted my pc and got this message: "the system was not correctly shut down and now working in safe mode speed" (asus / nforce setup)
i can only get in to windows by disabling 'halt on errors' in the bios;
the cpu is now running at about half its normal core speed - if i try changing any bios settings it hangs on warm boot - i have to manually kill the power.
weird part is i didnt change anything before this happened. Any ideas?

A:Solved: bios message: 'cpu in safe mode speed'

In BIOS has what you have tried included setting BIOS to default?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-bios-message-cpu-in-safe-mode-speed.501955/
Relevancy 44.29%

I have a Dell Optiplex GX and I have had some freezing issues and it has wanted to reboot on it s own for no reason frequently I thought it was some malware that I couldn t detect so I was in the process of backing up my system when the really bad problem came up Now when I try to reboot the computer the cpu fan runs faster than I have ever heard it It sounds like it will literally fly apart it is running so fast I can get no screen whatsoever and it will not boot not even in bios I have read several posts about boot problems but I haven t seen anything about the cpu fan running so fast When I try to boot the computer the light even in boot speed no BIOS, CPU screen won't computer running and fan top comes on it the front and of course the cpu fan comes on but no monitor signal and no boot at all I have no control to try and help it It has the fan shroud like the Dell s are popular about having but I have removed it with no luck and put it back on Once the fan came on normally and it booted up but I ran Tune Up Utilities to check the system and it crashed while running the scan I haven t been able to boot it in any way again When I push CPU fan running top speed and computer won't boot even in BIOS, no screen the button to start it all I get is the cpu fan running full force and I mean like nothing I have heard before I can let it set for a while and it makes no difference I am running a sata gig hard drive and sticks of gig each ddr ram I recently had trouble with a video card that I had used for as long as I ve had the computer and removed it but now my problems are worse My power supply is only a watt that came with the computer I have tried removing and changing the ram memory but no effect If anyone can help me please do because I have a problem that keeps me home bound and the internet such as e-bay etc is my only income and I don t even have a backup I am using a friends computer to post this nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-fan-running-top-speed-and-computer-wont-boot-even-in-bios-no-screen.156734/
Relevancy 44.29%

So lately i've had a few problems with my laptop fans where as soon as I start up the computer one of them just runs at full speed. Even tho the Laptop it self is not doing any heavy work, nor is hot at all. In task manager the computer doesn't show any tasks taking up high CPU usage, while HWiNFO tells me one of my two fans are running at full speed. Any idea what I could do to fix this issue?If you're missing some info just tell me and i'll hook you right up

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Laptop-fan-running-full-speed-as-soon-as-bios-starts-up-no/td-p/5846161
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi,We just purchased a Vostro 230 Mini-Tower. The CPU and memory specs as ordered are:317-9864    Core 2 Duo E8400/3.0GHz,6M,1333FSB,Vostro317-9872    3GB, Non-ECC,1333MHz DDR3,1GB+2GB,VostroBut when I go into the BIOS, the memory speed on the System Information page is reported as 1066MHz, not 1333MHz as expected.I pulled the memory and looked at the label. Unfortunately it's Kingston memory. Kingston, for some strange reason, does not print the memory speed on the label. Size, yes. Speed, no.Does anyone know why the speed isn't being reported correctly in the BIOS, and how to verify whether it's a BIOS error or we just didn't get what we paid for? I'm looking into CPU-Z and Memtest86. Thanks in advance....

A:Vostro 230 Memory speed not reported correctly in BIOS?

BX80570E8400 (SLAPL, SLB9J)BXC80570E8400 (SLAPL, SLB9J)BX80570E8400A (SLAPL)
Bus frequency is 333 MHz.
Because the processor uses Quad Data Rate bus the effective bus speed is 1333 MHz
CPU-Z rarely gives the correct answer now.
Enhanced Intel SpeedStep technology EIST and C1E allows the system to dynamically adjust processor voltage
and core frequency CPU-Z does not handle this well if at all and gives bad numbers.

cpu z wrong core speed
cpu z dram frequency
cpu z memory frequency
cpu z wrong multiplier

Intel® Processor Identification Utility — Intel® Processor ...

Detailed Description

This version of the Intel® Processor Identification Utility will
properly identify Intel® Core™ i7 Extreme, Intel® Core™ i7, Intel® Core™
i5, Intel® Core™ i3, Intel® Core™ i7 Mobile Processor Extreme Edition,
Intel® Core™ i7 Mobile Processor, Intel® Core™ i5 Mobile Processor,
Intel® Core™ i3 Mobile Processor, Intel® Core™2 Quad Mobile Processor,
Core™2 Quad, Intel® Core™2 Duo, Intel® Core™2 Duo Mobile, Intel® Core™2
Extreme, Intel® Core™ Duo, Intel® Core™ Solo, Intel® Atom™, Pentium®
Dual-Core, Pentium® Dual-Core mobile, Pentium® D, Pentium® Processor
Extreme Edition, Pentium® 4 Processor Extreme Edition, Pentium® 4,
Pentium® M, Celeron® Dual-Core, Celeron® D, Celeron® M, Celeron®, Mobile
Pentium® 4, Mobile Celeron®, Multi-Core Intel® Xeon®, Dual-Core Intel®
Xeon® and Intel Xeon® processors. Older Intel processors can be
identified with the Intel Processor Frequency ID Utility.

Download

File name decoder: (pidxxx##.msi) pid = processor identificationxxx = country code or localized language## = file version.msi = file extension that indicates a Windows* installer (executable)(example: pidchs25.msi = Processor Identification, Chinese-Simplifed, version 25, for Windows*)  xxx = country/language codeschs: Chinese-Simplifed cht: Chinese-Traditionalenu: Englishfra: Frenchdeu: Germanita: Italianjpn: Japanesekor: Koreanptb: Portugueserus: Russianesn: Spanish

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19357725
Relevancy 44.29%

I have a Dell Inspiron 13 - P57G.
One of the most important features of the offered by Intel Skylake mobile CPUs series is Speed Shift, which improves CPU battery and speed performance. However, this featured came disabled on this model current latest BIOS (version 1.08). And there is no setting that allows to enable it. Other laptop manufacturers have this feature enabled in their current line of laptops. Dell support, please provide a BIOS that has this feature enabled or switchable.

Thank you.

A:Please enable Intel Skylake Speed Shift in BIOS

Hello!  So i looked up Inspiron 13 P57G and it states its an Inspiron 7347 which came with 4th Gen Intel 4xxx series i3 and i5 processors, not skylake which is 6th gen 6xxx series.  Is there a model number on the bottom of your laptop?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19987123
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi.

My Sat M30 laptop start with an bios error. The error says "Resource conflict, edit bios setting or boot" If select "boot" computer hangs before windows completely starts. I remove the wi-fi and the modem module and the same error appears. I can't upgrade the bios because the windows don't start. The bios version is 1.7. The laptop is UK version. If select "edit bios", bios start but I can't find any resource management.

Thanks

(sorry for my english, I am from Spain)

A:Satellite Pro M30 Bios error Resource conflict - Edit bios setting or boot

Hi

I think the error ?edit bios setting? means that you should access the BIOS and should set the BIOS back to the default settings.

Please do this, save the settings and try to boot up!

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?36316-Satellite-Pro-M30-Bios-error-Resource-conflict-Edit-bios-setting-or-boot
Relevancy 43.43%

When will Dell enable Intel Speed Shift via a BIOS update? All the BIOS update requires is requires is writing 1 to MSR 0x770!
Speed Shift was fully supported by Intel and Microsoft in 2015 (1 year ago!). It makes the CPU much more responsive (particularly in gaming and real-time tasks) and costs nothing.
In the meantime, anyone can run software manually to enable Speed Shift but you need to relaunch the software every time your computer sleeps or turns off, so that is inconvenient. But the boost in performance is worth the effort.
I have manually enabled SpeedShift via software such as ThrottleStop or just writing 1 to MSR 0x770.
Dell - can you get Speed Shift into the next BIOS revision?!?!

A:XPS 9550 Speed Shift - when will Dell enable via BIOS update?

Such a shame that a premium workstation doesn't even use some basic skylake features. Dell please fix this.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19994644
Relevancy 43.43%

PC running XP. Sometimes when it boots up I get only a dark screen. Turn it off and reboot and then it boots up in safe mode in the Bios Setup Utility with this message under the Advanced Tab:
"At Bootup System Hung for An Imporper CPU Speed". This used to happen veery infrequently, but is happening more now.

The shown speed in the Bios is 2266 MHZ. The box for the Pentium 4 processor says on it 2.26Ghz which I figure is the same. The 1.525V is the same on both. I did not make changes in the Bios.

This computer has been acting slow at times lately and I had it run through the security forum and it was clean. It acts as through not enough memory when it bogs down, but has 1.5 GB Ram and 64GB free on a 80 GB hard drive..

Any thoughts?
G

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/at-bootup-system-hangs-for-improper-cpu-speed-message-in-bios.591686/
Relevancy 43.43%

I tried to booting the computer Block error checksun BIOS BIOS Boot Award and received the Award Boot Block Bios and BIOS checksun error BIOS checksun error Award Boot Block BIOS It detects the cdrom but I don t have the CD Where can I get the cd like where to download it HP Media Center Windows XP SP Motherboard ASUS P LP-LE LimeStone Pentium D I don t remember the rest I found the site for the motherboard http h www hp com ewfrf wc cc us amp product amp dlc en amp docname c Backgorund I was having some probelms which the computer wouldn t start at all and a really loud sound the fan made so I called my insurance and they came and change the mother board twice and added a new cooling fan and power supply All this took two months for waiting for the parts and making an appoinment with the tech After replacing the motherboard twice the tech told me I m gonna order new harddrive I don t think is the motherboard or the fan Before leaving he suggested me to call me inusrance and tell them that you want a new computer cause its been more than two months and there has been four calls already So I called the insurance and got a new computer and kept the old one A week after receiving my new computer I took the old one for repair but at didn t at the end after they told me how much it would cost me to get it fix Now I m deciding to do it myself but I boot the computer and received something about Award Boot Block Bios I remember the tech putting a cd to the computer when he tried booting it up Where can I get a copy of the cd or is there a site to download it from Before I installing a new harddrive and XP Vista if i can i need the cd nbsp

Relevancy 43%

DISCLAIMER Spelling and grammar impaired I think i spelled that right Processor Intel R Core TM Quad CPU Q GHz Mhz Core s Logical Processor s installed memory GB GB usable lt --dont ask X ddr system type -bit operating System OS Version Service Pack Build System Manufacturer Gateway lt ---might be the issue System Model FX System Type X -based PC Hardware Abstraction Layer Version quot quot motherboard intel corp DG SXG chipset p g g SMBIOS Version BIOS intel corp bios bios i installed... wrong 1283, error think. DPP J A lt --- issue this bios seems to be for the DG bu but even worst it is for vista xp http downloadmirror intel com eng DG BU SpecUpdate pdf video card bfg tech GeForce gts not that it matters i have it overclocked to core shader memory Usually it maintains a temp of in idle - in game max setting but at time of error it was factory set yes i know that is a bit on the hot side ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Two weeks ago i could run Skyrim game only using it as a base for performance diff on full detail with a good number of mods Not any issues aside from moments of lag from graphics jump FPS i moved the computer into a different room There was no dropping or banging around of unit On reboot i get the blue screen of death this is the actual screen shot i took http i photobucket com albums e intellectualjoke get-attachmentaspx jpg I reboot and first off i get quot quot the AA number has not been programmed on the system press the enter key to continue quot actual failed picture of error ignore flash you get the idea also ignore the nastyness of the monitor my computer bios error 1283, wrong bios installed... i think. wasnt working so roomie wanted to swap till it was fixed i dont even want to bios error 1283, wrong bios installed... i think. think about what is on it http i photobucket com albums e intellectualjoke - - - - jpg After hitting enter it goes through bios these are not my start up or bios but what it should look like more or less First http i photobucket com albums e intellectualjoke images jpg Then to http i photobucket com albums e intellectualjoke photo- jpg Then the normal windows boot screen It then starts loading windows and freezes up The freeze is quick and followed by a flash of the blue screen of death says same thing as the previously linked blue screen then reboots Rinse and repeat I tried as many things as my patients could handle to save that installation of windows but alas prompt functions are limited In fact i think it was in the quot trying to save windows quot phase that i caused my issues I navigated to my c cabs file and re-installed what i thought was the proper bios i have no idea why an improper copy would be there specially considering it was the only one in there It installed but still no boot-up so i navigated to my partition and reformatted Reformat went without a hitch windows started up great and i don t notice much performance issue within the actual UI well that are visually noticeable anyways But on first boot the AA error was still there and now i had a different bios load screen not mine but is exactly like my new bios screen http i photobucket com albums e intellectualjoke Intel-DP LT-bios- jpg Certain things wont load -PCI simple communications controller -Different types of USB devices I have video of all this but i can not upload them due to a MTP USB Device driver issue it loads it updates but will NOT recognize the hardware prior to issues everything was plug and play Games CTD with no error message not that skyrim is the most stable but all my games CTD the duration of time till CTD differs even within the same game same save spot I know it isn t my video card running out of memory or overheating because i monitor everything in game with with EVGA Precision This is my first forum post asking for help ever Usually Google is all i need I let others swallow their pride and look like chromos... Read more

A:bios error 1283, wrong bios installed... i think.

It would either need to boot far enough to load the new BIOS via floppy/USB, or the BIOS chip would need to be removed and flashed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bios-error-1283-wrong-bios-installed-i-think.1036872/
Relevancy 42.14%

I ve just bought this XPS in Jan and I really enjoy it at first However one day microsoft as pushed the update to version of windows and the machine will always fail to install the update so I decide to download the image file and install it myself The installation goes smooth but after a few days use I found the computer is really slow when playing videos and games and I happened to find out the CPU speed shows on the performance label in task manager will always be ghz and ghz It cannot go above that I ve also found that the utilization of the CPU can not be larger and updated 15 10 after is as install all CPU as speed low 9550 XPS drivers installed BIOS windows with 0.75ghz mannually than I ve already updated my BIOS to reinstall the system a few times choosing the high performance battery mode etc and all these does not help I also downloaded the intel power gadget and found the power consuming for my CPU is always low and the CPU speed remains to be ghz Also I ve met the problem that after plugin the AC power the CPU speed will fall to ghz Anyone got any idea what s going on here and how can I fix the problem I ll really appreciate XPS 15 9550 CPU speed is as low as 0.75ghz after mannually install windows 10 with all drivers installed and BIOS updated it Thanks

A:XPS 15 9550 CPU speed is as low as 0.75ghz after mannually install windows 10 with all drivers installed and BIOS updated

I've got my problem solved. Please do the following:
1. download intel power gadget, you can search online for it.
2. Check the power rate for your CPU (package pw...) and open videos and applications that will constantly consume CPU power. See if the power is always low. 
3. If the power is always low, try update your BIOS (download from dell drivers and the newest version currently should be 1.1.20), and see whether things are getting better.
4. If the power is still low, you should contact dell technical service to replace your hardware (my computer has replaced the northbridge or southbridge, I forgot, but after replacing, the CPU works fine)
Note: If you are running games using your discrete graphic card, for example starcraft II and you found it's extremely slow, it's possible your cpu is capped.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19676252
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi All I hope Speed Less Torrent Speed Than Download Speed Browser but Upload Superb someone out there can help me with this problem I am using a laptop in Cambodia and connecting to my ISP Viettel via a G Dongle Huewai E The ISP is a Vietnamese company and the customer support via their Cambodian subsidiary Metfone is effectively zero Here are my system details Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Celeron R M CPU GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard DIXONSXP ref NO G -yymmdd-DI- - -FF-FF Browser Download Speed Less Than Upload Speed but Torrent Speed Superb Antivirus avast Internet Security Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled G Dongle Huawei E signal - Blue lights on dongle - Mbits s capable I use Avast Internet Security and Comodo Firewall I have no viruses etc indicated by Avast Browser Firefox My problem is with the download speed when using Firefox tried IE and same slow speed When I run speedtest net I get a download speed of between and Mbits s and the pages take annoyingly long to download I have communicated with others on forums in Cambodia who are getting to Mbits s when browsing using the same dongle and when I run my Vuze torrent downloader I also achieve to Mbits s So I know these speeds are achievable through my dongle in my present location but something is blocking my browser from attaining these speeds I have attached two screen shots The first shows my computer downloading torrents at over Mbits s with no other applications running The second shows me having closed the torrent downloads and opened up firefox and run speedtest net showing me chugging along at Mbits s I am at best an intermediate user but willing to follow instructions and provide any other info that might resolve this problem Thanks in advance for all help with this matter Snookybiker nbsp

Relevancy 39.56%

I am receiving this message when I run sp76205: The system BIOS update file (c:\SWSetup\SP76205\hpqflash\ROM.CAB) is missing or corrupt. The system BIOS will not be updated." SP76205 was just released in June 2016 and I noticed other user are experiencing the same issue with it. Please provide a fix BIOS update or explain how to run this current update...

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/BIOS-Update-sp76205-Error-Message-Can-t-update-system-bios/td-p/5662276
Relevancy 39.13%

Firstly sorry about the long post but I wanted to be a thorough as poss I am running x X XTX cards in crossfire One card is a Sapphire Toxic liquid cooled card and the other is a CDconnect Once in about every boots I ATI GXO Table XTX logs: error BIOS Error X 1950 Radeon Execute am getting the following error messages in the Event Viewer Mode GXO Execute BIOS Table Error DFP failed ATI Radeon X 1950 XTX error logs: GXO Execute BIOS Table Error to execute AtomBios I am experiencing the following symptoms On random boots my system freezes Occasionally when I launch games my screen flashes re-booting fixes this sometimes I have to re-boot more than once to fix it I cannot run Dmark at all When I try it my system freezes and ATI Radeon X 1950 XTX error logs: GXO Execute BIOS Table Error I have to re-boot I have tried re-installing both Dmark and ATI drivers to no avail I am currently running the catalyst suite Apart from the odd system freeze flashing screen and Dmark issue I ve been ATI Radeon X 1950 XTX error logs: GXO Execute BIOS Table Error very happy with the performance but I m a little worried that the cards may have a hardware problem My system specs are as follows x DConnect Crossfire Ed Radeon X XTX x Sapphire Toxic Liquid Cooled Radeon X XTX Mobo Asus M R -MVP Crossfire Certifed PSU Enermax Galaxy EGA EWL w v- A v- A v through v A - V- A Vsb A Processor AMD ATHLON FX- MB ghz RAM x OCZ GB DDR CL Crossfire Certified OS XP Pro Sp HDD SEAGATE SERIAL GB RPM MB SATA Monitor Dell quot LCD DVI Connection x Plextor PX- SA - DVD RW drives Logitech G keyboard Logitech Mx mouse External GB Maxtor onetouch drive SoundMax onboard sound Thermal Take Tai-Chi case with processor water block amp fans I have done all the checks I can think of such as lead connections and re-seating the cards I ve completely removed all traces of drivers and installed the catalyst suite got the same error codes then did a fresh install of the latest catalyst suite and still the same problems In between the installs I have run reg cleaners disc de-frags cleared the Temp folder run virus and spyware scans It also may be worth mentioning that my system is not overclocked at all and that I built it months ago Another issue is the Sapphire x XTX card cooling block goes through cycles of being very noisy like the water pump is grinding I lodged a support ticket for this a month ago and still have has no response I have searched Google and found a few other threads with people reporting the same error logs and exactly the same symptoms even down to Dmark not working but no-one has suggested anything I ve not tried Any suggestions would be very much appreciated nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ati-radeon-x-1950-xtx-error-logs-gxo-execute-bios-table-error.573354/
Relevancy 39.13%

I have old Tecra R10-10W

Aftert long time in the cabinet, it say CMOS battery error and after charging can I not startup on the old system (bios) password.

How to reset the bios password and is also required replacement cmos battery and I can do it myself?

Thank...

A:Tecra R10-10W - CMOS battery error and next bios password error

you can change cmos battery your self np,for bios pasword use google,i havet a hp mini with same problem and foundet a program that have reset with the help off error code when inserted wrong password 3 times in the row,then i used error code in the program and got password,restarted hp and inserted password now is working bp.Do i have also a old tecra and have difrend problem with it,evrithing sims to be in order but laptop wont start in first tray,after several restarsts shovs startup screen,then runing bp,if restarted again same story,needs several restarts and then is runing again,trayed with outside monitor same thing,any ideas?
here is the link for your problem and sulution: http://dogber1.blogspot.com/2009/05/table-of-reverse-engineered-bios.html

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?79965-Tecra-R10-10W-CMOS-battery-error-and-next-bios-password-error
Relevancy 38.7%

Ok I have an HP dv us and there is NO OS INSTALED Oh don't get me wrong I know how to fix that error but the problem is is that whenever Iget to the formatting process of windows installation it literally freezes and tiles itself with blue lines or something NO THR RAM AND HDD IS NOT CORRUPTED BROKEN I have ran multiple tests The error from formatting is x and I have tried EVERY SINGLE DISKPART AND BOOTSEC COMMANDS ON THE INTERNET I have also tried startup repair etc I booted gparted and it said quot Your PNP bios is causing a fatal error quot I can't even install a Linux Debian without the formatting process freezing I also tried booting from CD but it doesn't boot from CD THE BIOS HAS NO OPTION TO CHANGE AHCII or something like that I conclude that the bios needs to be updated but I cant do it without error 7 error with installation windows BIOS 0x80070057 a windows Os There have been over versions of the HP dv us and the change log even states it fixes these problems The bios comes in a self extracting exe There is no bin file I don't know of its possible to flash the bios with usb without a bin or something If you have any suggestions please do post My final plan is to find a hard drive with windows on it replace the bios If you guys have any info I coul d use please post

A:BIOS error with windows 7 installation error 0x80070057

I would say you are on the short road to finding out your mobo is probably dying/dead.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/346571-bios-error-windows-7-installation-error-0x80070057.html
Relevancy 38.27%

Windows XP, Pentium processor, somewhere around 800 MHZ. Was browsing on the internet, and all of a sudden, it shut down and tried to reboot. It will almost boot up all the way, but gives an error saying that the CPU speed should be set for the optimial speed, then shuts down and tries to reboot. This cycle just keeps on repeating, and will not quite start up all the way. Any ideas where to start looking? Thanks, Ron.

A:xp will not start up, error with cpu speed

update...managed to run the Norton virus remover, using a bootable disk to get the computer to start up. The CPU error seems to be cleared up, but it still boots up to the desktop screen, and then just turns off and tries to reboot. This cycle still goes on and on. Norton found, and eliminated, several virus infections, and a rerun of it showed no infections, so they seem to be cleared all out of the machine. I'm quite sure there is still a virus infection of some sort however. Any ideas from you experts out there? Thanks, Ron.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-will-not-start-up-error-with-cpu-speed.395036/
Relevancy 38.27%

SPEED caused an invalid page fault in
module SPEED.EXE at 0167:004077f7.
Registers:
EAX=00000000 CS=0167 EIP=004077f7 EFLGS=00010246
EBX=00000000 SS=016f ESP=00c1fc34 EBP=00c1fe38
ECX=00000010 DS=016f ESI=000088ae FS=1247
EDX=00c1fc60 ES=016f EDI=00000400 GS=0000
Bytes at CS:EIP:
8b 08 50 ff 91 58 01 00 00 a1 dc 34 73 00 68 98
Stack dump:
00c1fc60 00719278 00000000 8c54124d 16d711f1 00000007 bff741f7 00000008 bff7698b bffc94c0 00008c5c 00000000 00000002 000c0000 00030002 00180000

When I click on speed.exe to start the game, it gives me that it has performed an illegal operation (see above). I have installed directx 9.0 and still it doesn't wanna work...any help???

A:Need for Speed Underground Error!!!

Forgot to tell you that I have tried re-installing the game too....still doesn't work

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-for-speed-underground-error.189859/
Relevancy 38.27%

Hey again! I'm back on the forums with a question.

I have 2x Kingston 4GB DDR3 Memory Sticks in my computer, They are both the same models: KVR1333D3N9/4G

Kingston Spec Sheet: http://www.kingston.com/dataSheets/KVR1333D3N9_4G.pdf

On the Kingston Site and obviously on the KVR1333D3N9/4G it shows that the speed is 1333MHz, but when I plug them in for the first time the default speed is 1066MHz. My board supports 1333MHz+..

Is it a labelling error? I can overclock to 1333MHz fine and 1666Mhz I would just like to know why the default is 1066MHz

Thanks, Alex

A:Memory speed error?

Is this with SPD timings?

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/295565-memory-speed-error.html
Relevancy 37.84%

the games ran fine before and now i cant reinstall/uninstall/play the game.
this is the message i get when i try to reinstall
'Setup has detected that unInstallShield is in use. Please close unInstallShield and restart setup.'
Can anyone help me out here?

P.S. It's a windows 98 game running on vista, never had any problems with it though.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-for-speed-high-stakes-error.875050/
Relevancy 37.84%

Has anyone else received this error using Norton Systemworks 2002 Utility Speed Disk?
Error: "Speed Disk encountered a device I/O error on drive x:. Run CHKDSK /R to fix any bad blocks that may exist on this drive."

I have followed instructions from Symantec's site for how to resolve this issue but had no success. I also am e-mailing tech support for Symantec but that is becoming futile. Anyone else have this and know of something I can try. I have done everything that Symantec says to do.
A side note that might be significant is that in Windows 2000, I cannot run Disk Defragmenter (Windows Defragmenter). Disk Defrag says that it has detected that chkdsk is scheduled to run and run chkdsk /f on restart. I did not schedule it to run so why would it say that it is.

Also I can run speed disk on my FAT32 drive but the NTFS drive I cannot.

A:Norton Speed Disk I/O error

What happens when you run windows defrag? same problem?

Hit up your hard drive manufacture's website, download, and run their drive fitness test.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/norton-speed-disk-i-o-error.141731/
Relevancy 37.84%

When I try to run Norton Speed Disk it says: "file~1" contains illegal long file name entries Drive C run Disk Doctor. Disk Doctor finds no problem and I can't track down the file. How do I fix this. By the way "file~1" is not the name it gives but the ~1 is part of it.

Relevancy 37.84%

Hey, today when i tried to uninstall Need for speed world i got an error message saying Regsvr32 could not read/find module (I've got swedish os sorta hard to translate) so i tried opening the dll and got the same message. Ive tried pretty much every .dll i have found in my computer and none of them work.Aero is disabled too so pretty much all system files i guess?
Please help me out on this one I just did a clean install of Win7 as my Vista was not working.

Thx in advance

EDIT
When i open system32 dll's i get this error.
The start address for DllRegisterServer was not found.
After using google it might just be DllRegisterServer entry point was not found, as i stated earlier i have swedish os

A:Error uninstalling Need for Speed World

I wold need to know the specific and exact name of the dll file.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/error-uninstalling-need-for-speed-world.149998/
Relevancy 37.84%

my friends computer won't run the need for speed: underground. he gets an error message before the game loads saying speed.exe wont load. does anyone know what is going on? he is running windows ME and all the requirments meet with his system. could this be an ME problem? i installed NFS on windows 98 and it worked fine.

A:Need For Speed: Underground error message, please help!

meh, all i needed was new video drivers...thanks for nothing.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-for-speed-underground-error-message-please-help.225274/
Relevancy 37.41%

Hello to the BleepingComputer community First of all I m sorry I haven t finished some of the steps from the Preparation Guide It s because these steps require a reboot e g Step Disable your CD Emulation Software - DeFogger will ask me to reboot the machine and I have a bad feeling about the question if it is safe to reboot in my situation I m not sure if I have a type of malware dozen threat of - by folders, Unknown BIOS.sys - BS_Flash.sys, "Bios m... BIOS AVG a and virus/rootkit? Update\Award" which is ready to infect the BIOS - if it is so then it could infect it much easier during the reboot process - If BIOS virus/rootkit? - Unknown threat by AVG - "Bios Update\Award" folders, BS_Flash.sys, BIOS.sys and a dozen of m... there is a good way to find out what is the problem and fix the BIOS threat part if it really is present without rebooting shutting down this PC or at least without booting from this hard drive which I feel is probably infected then please tell me what should I do - If you know a place forum where I can get a specialized help for this seemingly BIOS-malware related situation please tell me where I could go - If there is no way to move forward I ll go ahead and risk the reboot and follow the other steps steps to in the Preparation Guide no problem I kindly ask you to please read below the details of the problem as it occured to me and the things I have tried so far The PC is AMD Athlon X Dual Core BE- GHz Motherboard Biostar TA G AM with AWARD BIOS GB RAM GB SATA HDD and an ASUS EAH card added a few years ago It s with WinXP SP AVG Free standard Windows Firewall and it s behind a router I can t recall exactly but I think on - - evening I ve left this PC with at least one account logged-in with many programs running online locked fast user switching screen and then found the em class 'bbc' PC non-responsive em in the morning so I had to power off it - it was frozen What I remember well is - on - - when I ve turned on this PC for the first time and logged-in with my account member of Administrators group While it was still finishing loading the taskbar icons etc I hit Win L fast user switching is enabled and logged-in to another account member of Users group Right then a bunch of previously unseen quot AVG Identity protection - threat detected quot messages started to appear C Windows system drivers - atkkbnt sys threat name Unknown I clicked quot move to vault quot Then another message showed up C Windows system drivers - amdtools sys threat name Unknown I clicked quot move to vault quot C Windows system drivers or was it C Windows system don t recall exactly - bufadpt sys threat name Unknown I clicked quot move to vault quot C Program Files BIOS Update BIOS Update Award - BS Flash sys threat name Unknown I doubt I have ever seen this folder before on this PC I clicked quot move to vault quot C Games ad binaries system aken sys threat name Unknown I clicked quot move to vault quot C Windows system drivers - BIOS sys threat name Unknown I clicked quot move to vault quot C Windows system drivers - BS I cIo sys threat name Unknown I clicked quot move to vault quot C Windows system drivers - IOMap sys threat name Unknown I clicked quot move to vault quot C Windows system drivers or was it C Windows system don t recall exactly - ati sgag exe threat name Unknown I clicked quot move to vault quot C Windows system drivers - EIO XP sys threat name Unknown I clicked quot move to vault quot Then AVG asked to reboot to finish the removal I ve let it to go rebooting but I ve paused the BIOS post screen and switched the PC off so I could research about what should I do next I was suspecting that booting process could infect the BIOS and or MBR After researching online with the keywords from these messages I was still puzzled While searching about if rebooting is risky if you suspect having a BIOS virus especially AWARD BIOS virus I ve even found out that it s possible to infect multiple PCs BIOSes... Read more

A:BIOS virus/rootkit? - Unknown threat by AVG - "Bios Update\Award" folders, BS_Flash.sys, BIOS.sys and a dozen of m...

Hi,Welcome to Bleeping Computer. My name is m0le and I will be helping you with your log.Please subscribe to this topic, if you haven't already. Click the Watch This Topic button at the top on the right.

Please avoid installing/uninstalling or updating any programs and attempting any unsupervised fixes or scans. This can make helping you impossible.

Please reply to this post so I know you are there.The forum is busy and we need to have replies as soon as possible. If I haven't had a reply after 3 days I will bump the topic and if you do not reply by the following day after that then I will close the topic.Once I receive a reply then I will return with your first instructions.Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/471088/bios-virusrootkit-unknown-threat-by-avg-bios-updateaward-folders-bs-flashsys-biossys-and-a-dozen-of-mostly-sys-files-appear-on-boot/
Relevancy 37.41%

help? i also get 0x0124

A:BSOD playing need for speed 13 error 0x03b

EXPLAIN !!!

And then

Please use this tool to update your profile specs

And then use this tool to post all the files here

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/271279-bsod-playing-need-speed-13-error-0x03b.html
Relevancy 37.41%

I recently put together a computer with an ABIT IS motherboard a p processor ati radeon video card and im having a little actually big boot problem First of all let me say this my keyboard Processor Error Speed Changed/Keyboard slot seems to have somehow gotten wrecked in installation of the motherboard because if I install a non-usb Processor Speed Changed/Keyboard Error keyboard it says no keyboard detected Second with a wireless usb keyboard I posess it recognizes a keyboard is installed but I still can t get to the bios or press f to continue That being said I changed my cpu from a to a and back to a again I changed back to a to try to get the message away that says cpu has been changed or unworkable press f to continue Only problem is that message is still there but as i ve explained already I can t press f or go into the bios to put the settings on user defined If I could just get past this part my computer would work perfectly I believe so can someone please tell me if there is a way I can fix this I tried putting my bios into another IS motherboard but the cpu settings didn t seem to be held in the bios chip that I switched so now im totally clueless as to how I can fix this Please Help in any way possible nbsp

A:Processor Speed Changed/Keyboard Error

Whew! It sounds like you're having hardware problems that are beyond the scope of this forum. Practically anything could be happening. You'll probably have to have a technician examine it in person.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/processor-speed-changed-keyboard-error.312353/
Relevancy 37.41%

I have the Need For Speed 3 Hot Pursuite CD game for my Windows XP, but when I try to install the game, right after I click on the install button in the autorun, I get the following error message. (shown in attatchment) .

How do I fix it?

A:Solved: Need For Speed 3 Hot Pursuite Install Error

Bump

?????????????

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-need-for-speed-3-hot-pursuite-install-error.432938/
Relevancy 37.41%

Hey My computer specs and error speed reports. reduced Crashes, are Ghrz Intel Celeron MB DDR RAM NVidia GeForce GB SATA HDD and a cheapo sound card i cant remember the make of It is running Windows XP SP - Pro Crashes, reduced speed and error reports. My problem is as follows My computer is running extremely slow for instance it can take up to seconds for the start menu to appear and it crashes repeatedly It simply freezes up with all programs not responding If I leave it does eventually unfreeze normally accompanied by a Error Report for Windows Service Pack setup What service pack it is talking about I dont know I have followed the directions of another website on running cmd exe to do something to my registries I'm not sure exactly what as I'm not brilliant at computers I have also downloaded Registry Fix v this found quite a few errors but fixing them didn't make any difference I have tried also virus scanned repeately with AVG and NOD scandisked and reinstalled Windows at least times I have even taken my harddrive round to my mates and plugged it into his computer as a secondary hard drive and formatted it None of this has had any effect I am at a lose as what to do Any help would be very much appreciated

A:Crashes, reduced speed and error reports.

Hey Danjay,

Try posting a HijackThis log. Go here: http://www.techsupportforum.com/secu...sting-log.html

And follow the steps before posting your log in the board.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/crashes-reduced-speed-and-error-reports-166399.html
Relevancy 37.41%

guys please help me , it happens when ever i want. i speed test from speedtest.net and i get speed 0.89 mbps ( which is good for me) but if i download something , down speed is 2 kb. if i play a video it buffes so slowly that it takes ahour.

1 thing more, this happened few days ago on my laptop, so i started using internet on my pc , this this stopped and i got high speed.. but now after some days it has started again

A:Speed test gives vey good speed but down speed is just 2-3 kb

Quote: Originally Posted by Hassnain

guys please help me , it happens when ever i want. i speed test from speedtest.net and i get speed 0.89 mbps ( which is good for me) but if i download something , down speed is 2 kb. if i play a video it buffes so slowly that it takes ahour.

1 thing more, this happened few days ago on my laptop, so i started using internet on my pc , this this stopped and i got high speed.. but now after some days it has started again

When comparing speeds, remember to divide your speedtest result by 8. 0.89 mbps is around 101KBps.

Download speeds depend on many factors, inclduing the modem/router, traffic through your ISP at the time, and the type of download, just to name a couple.

What type of download is it? Are they torrents? These can often be slow.

Are downloads slow from everywhere?

You mentioned video buffering; Do you have downloads going at the same time that you are trying to view a video? Are there other people sharing your connection (eg other family members)?

You didn't say if you had tried rebooting the router/modem, or if you had been in contact with your ISP. These would be among the first things to try.

As you haven't stated what you have tried, I'm going to assume none of the following have been tried. Apologies if you have tried/tested the following.

If you plug a phone into the same wall socket at your modem do hear any noise/static or is is sound quality very poor or low volume? These might indicate physical line problems, which your Telco would need to address.

It's also possible the equipment at your local exchange is in need of a reboot. This is often referred to as a "Port reset". Your ISP can do this for you.

Other things you can try is replacing the phone and ethernet cable (if you are connected by cable), or replacing the line filter if you have one. If you have multiple devices on your phone line remove everything except your modem/router.

If you have a DSL connection you know that the speeds will vary dramatically from one hour to the next. But 2KBps is poor in any situation.

Have you tried doing ping and tracert to various sites? You ISP may want this information to place a fault report with your telco.

copy and paste results into an email to your ISP

ping www.google.com -t (Stop it after a minute or so).
ping www.yahoo.com -t (Stop it after a minute or so).

tracert www.google.com

See how you go with the above. Get back to us if you get no joy from your ISP/Telco.

hth
Tanya

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/253197-speed-test-gives-vey-good-speed-but-down-speed-just-2-3-kb.html
Relevancy 36.98%

Should this be in the gaming section?

The game loads up and after the EA logo animation it will stop working and Vista will try to solve the problem but can't, so I have to click Close Program.

Anyone else had this problem?

The Event Viewer errors are below:

Faulting application nfsc_demo.exe, version 0.0.0.0, time stamp 0x453fbcee, faulting module ntdll.dll, version 6.0.6000.16386, time stamp 0x4549bdc9, exception code 0xc0000005, fault offset 0x00061884, process id 0xaec, application start time 0x01c7f4e2c11240f4.

Code:
- System

- Provider

[ Name] Application Error

- EventID 1000

[ Qualifiers] 0

Level 2

Task 100

Keywords 0x80000000000000

- TimeCreated

[ SystemTime] 2007-09-12T02:15:24.000Z

EventRecordID 830

Channel Application

Computer

Security

- EventData

nfsc_demo.exe
453fbcee
ntdll.dll
4549bdc9
c0000005
aec
01c7f4e2c11240f4

A:Error running game (Need For Speed Carbon Demo)

Hi Bios

Try right-clicking the executable, and using the XP Compatibility Mode.

See if that helps
. . . Gary

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/error-running-game-need-for-speed-carbon-demo-181009.html
Relevancy 36.98%

When I bought my AMD R GB I firstly installed Windows The first game that I installed was NFS Porsche I launched it and when I went to maximize the settings I saw that there were no resolutions available in the quot Screen Size quot list I went furhter maximized everything and when I launched a race before the Loading screen to appear it gave me an DX error The same applies to Vista XP is a bit different here it has the x resolution but it s the only one available I was able to play this game on GeForce MX Intel Chipset Graphics Intel HD Graphics from Pentium B but it wasn t able to display correctly the Speedometers in the car and the available for 5 Porsche 2000 resolutions no Need error and Unleashed: Dx7 Speed Number Board on the back of the car and the front Intel HD Graphics from Intel Pentium G i-don t-remember-the-number GHz but having the same problem as the B one and GeForce GT but having the same problem as the Pentiums repedeatly pressing the horn when horning and repedeatly animating the quot changing gears quot when changing gears This is the first graphics card that can t play the game only on XP

A:Need for Speed 5 Porsche 2000 Unleashed: no resolutions available and Dx7 error

Need for Speed Porsche Unleashed is designed for Windows 98. It also has some limited compatibility with newer hardware. In particular, like some of the other EA Racing games from around that time, It is necessary to run "3dSetup" in order for it to effectively save some information into the registry, such that you can select your hardware device. Otherwise, it defaults to the Software Renderer.It's harder to get running than Need For Speed:High Stakes, but  like NFS:HS there are patches that can be installed. You can find the "Essentials Pack" here. Which patches most issues running the game on modern systems.I've got it running on this system- Core i7 4770K @ 3.5Ghz and a GTX 770, at 1920x1080 resolution without any major problems, Using an X-Input controller.Only issues are that it seems to eventually crash (I think I got 4-5 races in or thereabouts) but the progress is saved- and I have to use 1920x1080, even though it does provide the option for my full resolution of 2560x1440.

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,153660.0.html
Relevancy 36.98%

i always crash whenever i play need for speed world. it would start for a few minutes or a few seconds. im not sure if its driver related, overheating GPU, or worst, a dead GPU. i attached the minidumps here. hopefully someone can help me out. thanks!

A:BSOD playing Need For Speed World, error 0x0000001e

Welcome

Both your dumps point toward hardware BUT

STOP 0x0000001E: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED BSOD Index
Usual causes: Device driver, hardware, System service, compatibility, Remote control programs, memory, BIOS

STOP 0x0000001A: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT BSOD Index
Usual causes: Device driver, memory, kernel

Lets enable driver verifier to rule out buggy drivers
Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable

Information
Driver Verifier runs in the background, "testing" drivers for bugs. If it finds one, a Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) will result; the corresponding dump file will hopefully show the faulty driver.

Quote: Originally Posted by Capt.Jack Sparrow

Driver Verifier monitors kernel-mode drivers and graphics drivers to detect illegal function calls or actions that might corrupt the system. It can subject the drivers to a variety of stresses and tests to find improper behavior.

Continue to use your system normally, and if you know what causes the crash, do that repeatedly. The objective here is to get the system to crash because Driver Verifier is stressing the drivers out. If it doesn't crash for you, then let it run for at least 36 hours of continuous operation.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/252056-bsod-playing-need-speed-world-error-0x0000001e.html
Relevancy 36.12%

Greetings!
I have an Optiplex 9010 AIO. This morning I was trying to update the BIOS of my system, from A10 to A13. During the update process it showed an error: "ME FW Update Failed: Internal error: FWU_Buffer " - please see the photo below. Although the update failed on the Management Engine part, it still boots up and running OK. I tried couple of times to update the BIOS, and each time I got the same error. I tried to flash the A12 and A11 BIOS as well, A12 gives same error, and A11 has the same Management Engine version hence no use.
Any help on this is very much appreciated!

A:Optiplex 9010 AIO BIOS Update Error - ME FW Update Failed: Internal error: FWU_Buffer

Hi Stone3t,
Can you provide a screen shot showing the current BIOS version?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19534388
Relevancy 35.69%

I moved into a city that has 1gbps fiber and I got it. I set my computer up to run Ubuntu or Windows 7 in the Ubuntu OS I have full speed, like 980mbps but in Windows I can only get around 370mbps, they informed me that it was a know issue which is why they carry around laptops with Ubuntu instead of windows to troubleshoot there system. Anyone have any clue on this, I cant even imagine where to start looking for the setting or fix. Thanks

A:Limited fiber download speed in windows 7 full speed in linux

1gbps is fantastic. I suspect the Windows problem is a driver problem. Did you check the Windows 10TP. Maybe they fixed it. But then, the really big chunks you can always download with Ubuntu. I envy you, LOL.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/363131-limited-fiber-download-speed-windows-7-full-speed-linux.html
Relevancy 35.69%

ok after i formatted i noticed internet installing immediately question programs+another needed speed after all Speed reduced explorer opened instantly but then after installign the programs i Speed immediately reduced after installing all needed programs+another speed question need like dif spyware removers all popular ones like spysweeper trillian pro gmail notifier visual basic limewire breitt technologies BUDDY REMINDER magic iso iso buster nero aim divx player IE didnt open as quickly anymore and i cant think of anything im pretty good with comptuers all of my knowledge is from using them sicne age i actually run a computer repair business but im clueless why my computer speed as been affected so soon i have a pentium intel celeron cpu ghz now gb ram win XP home i watch what starts with my comp everythings fine i have two hard drives they may not be set slave master but i realy dont think thats it if you DO but have other suggestions also PLEASE tell me both because i dont think that is it i think i have a gb and a gb hard drive with PLENTY room free cant really think what else to tell you my other question was i used this program AShampoo WinOptimizer version and i chose for it to quot run desktop and taskbar as seperate process more stable uses more memory though quot do i want to use that if so why thank you SO MUCH for reading you dont get how much i appreciate it

A:Speed immediately reduced after installing all needed programs+another speed question

What firewall do you have? what security programs do you have installed

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/speed-immediately-reduced-after-installing-all-needed-programs-another-speed-question-144881.html
Relevancy 35.69%

Only had this new pc a few weeks and it is so slow now after 3 blue screen of death crashes that caused this I think, I believe firefox caused. I am not sure how to read dump files to show you details of the BSOD. I am including details of my PC along with the hijack this log, my system is clean though according to antispyware and virus scans.

2GB DDRII RAM
VISTA ULTIMATE 32bit

I installed 64bit before this 32bit one on another partition of this HDD but cannot boot into it anymore at startup because this PC won't let me select it because it does not detect my keyboard in DOS mode for some weird reason.

Hijackthis log is attached file.

A:Snail Speed Pc At Times And Always Slow Internet Speed On Vista Ultimate

I found this helpful information on possible solutions, very familiar with errors on previous Microsoft operating systems. http://www.vandersluijs.nl/content/view/973/96/lang,enI uninstalled one of the suggested updates and so far it is fine, the update was only optional so no security threats. I think it has helped, not certain if it will be like a fresh install because windows is slower than it was two weeks ago. If 3 weeks is best windows can handle for being ready for a new install I may have to go back to Linux. I hope this thread can stay on this forum somewhere to help others follow the link I posted above for possible solutions to this problem, it will save them time and effort trying numerous things.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/108144/snail-speed-pc-at-times-and-always-slow-internet-speed-on-vista-ultimate/
Relevancy 35.69%

I recently upgraded my internet service and found that speed test results from speedtest.net and speakeasy.com were giving me download results that were ~ half of what I was supposed to be getting ( 9Mbs vs 16Mbs). I called the ISP and they suggested I restart in safe mode w/ networking and run the tests again. I did and the results of the test were surprising. I was getting the 16Mbs download speed that I signed up for. The tech suggested that I may be infected with something. I run several free programs (Mbam, avg, avast, ect.) to try to aviod these things, but it seems as though something may have gotten through. Any help that you guys may be able to provide would be greatly appreciated. Btw, no error messages and I am running Windows XP. Thanks in advance.

A:Pc speed test download speed significantly faster in safe mode

I take it MBam is updayted and run..Rerun MBAM (MalwareBytes) like this:Open MBAM in normal mode and click Update tab, select Check for Updates,when doneclick Scanner tab,select Quick scan and scan (normal mode).After scan click Remove Selected, Post new scan log and Reboot into normal mode.Next run ATF and SAS: If you cannot access Safe Mode,run in normal ,but let me know.Note: On Vista, "Windows Temp" is disabled. To empty "Windows Temp" ATF-Cleaner must be "Run as an Administrator".From your regular user account..Download Attribune's ATF Cleaner and then SUPERAntiSpyware , Free Home Version. Save both to desktop ..DO NOT run yet.Open SUPER from icon and install and Update itUnder Scanner Options make sure the following are checked (leave all others unchecked):Close browsers before scanning.Scan for tracking cookies.Terminate memory threats before quarantining.Click the "Close" button to leave the control center screen and exit the program. DO NOT run yet.Now reboot into Safe Mode: How to enter safe mode(XP)Using the F8 MethodRestart your computer. When the machine first starts again it will generally list some equipment that is installed in your machine, amount of memory, hard drives installed etc. At this point you should gently tap the F8 key repeatedly until you are presented with a Windows XP Advanced Options menu. Select the option for Safe Mode using the arrow keys. Then press enter on your keyboard to boot into Safe Mode. Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.Under Main "Select Files to Delete" choose: Select All.Click the Empty Selected button.If you use Firefox or Opera browser click that browser at the top and choose: Select AllClick the Empty Selected button.If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.NOW Scan with SUPEROpen from the desktop icon or the program Files listOn the left, make sure you check C:\Fixed Drive.Perform a Complete scan. After scan,Verify they are all checked.Click OK on the summary screen to quarantine all found items.If asked if you want to reboot, click "Yes" and reboot normally.To retrieve the removal information after reboot, launch SUPERAntispyware again.Click Preferences, then click the Statistics/Logs tab.Under Scanner Logs, double-click SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log.If there are several logs, click the current dated log and press View log. A text file will open in your default text editor.Please copy and paste the Scan Log results in your next reply.Click Close to exit the program.Please ask any needed questions,post logs and Let us know how the PC is running now.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/303206/pc-speed-test-download-speed-significantly-faster-in-safe-mode/
Relevancy 35.69%

I have 8 mbps connection wifi. when I test with speedtest.net I get download speed of 1 mbps on my laptop.
but we have 2 android phones and we get around 9 mbps speed on both the phones.
I gone through forums but could not get solution.

attached is screenshot of Wi-Fi inspector. please help me.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-speed-on-laptop-in-wifi-while-good-speed-on-mobile-phones.1154826/
Relevancy 35.69%

Hi I may be missing something pretty basic here as my tech knowledge is pretty poor I have recently paid my internet provider to increase my connection speed from meg package to meg as I need a faster connection Ive done a speed test and it says that my speed is pretty much what my increased to much speed? but internet dont in speed 4meg change from 1meg see the service provider has promised but when I use the wifi in my place which I used with the original meg connection it doesnt seem any faster at increased my internet speed from 1meg to 4meg but dont see much change in speed? all I thought I d be flying from one website to the next but its not happening that way at all Someone said I should consider buying an aircard to increase my computers ability to recieve more data from the increased my internet speed from 1meg to 4meg but dont see much change in speed? router but then someone else said that is not what an aircard is for Anyway Im stuck and would appreciate any help i could get as at the moment Im paying alot more cash each month for no improvement Thanks in advance for any help Cheers nbsp

A:increased my internet speed from 1meg to 4meg but dont see much change in speed?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/increased-my-internet-speed-from-1meg-to-4meg-but-dont-see-much-change-in-speed.625674/
Relevancy 35.69%

I am using mozilla firefox 2.0.0.9 and have wndows xp pro as OS.For last two days my net surfing experience is going very strange.My page loading speed is good but the download speed is very slow.When ever i download a file it downloads very slowly.The download speed has decrease about 4 times .I have my internet through siemens adsl sl2.141 modem and I login to my account through ppoe WAN password account.Can anybody help please?

A:Browsing/page Loading Speed Is Good But Downloading Speed Is Too Slow

Have you monitored your system with Windows Task Manager while downloading? If you determine Firefox is causing the problem, try safe mode and/or a new profile. Sometimes settings and/or extensions got corrupted leading to strange behavior. Standard diagnostic - Firefox

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/116144/browsingpage-loading-speed-is-good-but-downloading-speed-is-too-slow/
Relevancy 35.69%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor AMD Athlon tm X Dual Core Processor x Family Model ping problems and good Actual download but speed test speed Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce SE nForce Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Actual download speed problems but good ping and speed test D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ECS Iris Antivirus Sunbelt VIPRE Updated and Enabled I m having a problem with my download speeds I don t have an ultra high connection just mb s My speed tests confirm that is exactly what I m getting but when I actually download something it goes to kb s and will go no higher I ve contacted my ISP and they say it s my computer The speed test is showing what it should but I just can t get past I ve ran several malware spyware and virus tests and they all come out clean I m at the end of my rope Don t have a clue what to do next to get my speed up This is what shows on IPCONFIG ALL Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users David gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name David-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description NVIDIA nForce Mbps Ethernet Physical Address - E- - - E- D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Thursday February AM Lease Expires Friday February AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap B E-F C - - F F- F ECB br B Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users David gt nbsp

Relevancy 35.69%

My computer was running just fine til about a week ago. I am on a secure network that was before yielding 1/mb/sec download speeds on wireless router. I have tested the network on my laptop and it still runs just fine, however my desktop has become sluggish, the download speeds are down to 30kb/sec and the search function has been taken over by "searchfastfind.net" that Malware Bytes has failed to find. Today the internet would simply die and not reconnect, or my browser would redirect to dead sites. The CPU on any processes doesn't seem high, but my computer is screaming like it's running several programs at once. I am using Vista, all updates installed that are available and needed.

What would I do to figure out the sort of malware I suspect this to be?

Dell Studio 540S Windows Vista Premium 2 64 bit

A:Suspected Malware (searchfastfind.net) - Ruining Internet Speed and Computer Speed

I ran rkill.exe it found no known programs running, malware still seems to come up empty, but my cpu speed and internet connection are still terrible.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/371386/suspected-malware-searchfastfindnet-ruining-internet-speed-and-computer-speed/
Relevancy 35.69%

I removed CMOS battery from my motherboard to fix something, now when I put it back its showing

Bootsector write
Virus : Y/N

When I press Y or N nothing happened and all I can see is only black screen. I tried to boot it from window XP installation CD but my guess is boot priority is not set for CD ROM. I cant even change boot priority now because there is no way I can go to set up screen.

Could anybody please suggest me what can I do now in this situation
Just wanna mention here in first screen on startup I see following messages
NVRAM failed
Bootchecksum failed
If its helpful in some ways ..

Do I need to install my BIOS once again, if yes then how can I do that.

A:BIOS error please help ??

Welcome to TSG.

You will have to get the model and make of your motherboard and check online to see how to reset the BIOS (there is usually a dip switch). Once that is done, then you can reset the BIOS settings for your boot order, HD and date/time, etc. Some MBs reset the BIOS automatically when the battery is removed, some don't reset it fully.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bios-error-please-help.766173/
Relevancy 35.69%

Hey guys,

I have a Gigabyte H61M-USB3V for my mobo, and I tried to install SteamOS however it installed but got stuck on a update loop so I went to re-install Windows 7. Now, for some weird reason whenever I go to see my boot order, my hard drive and my cd drive is there and then 'steamos' is there. The hard drive has been formatted too as I continued with the Windows 7 installation.

I have reset to default settings as well.

What could be done?

George

A:BIOS bug/error

Where are you seeing steamos?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/322970-bios-bug-error.html
Relevancy 35.69%

What I need to do to get rid of this problem?  Please help me someone .

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/error-501-bios/td-p/5708850
Relevancy 35.69%

This morning when i started my pc when I boot up I get this message:

Intel 915g/915gv/910gl PCI accelerated svga bios
build number 3414 PC 14.4 18/18/2004
decompliation or disassembly prohibited.

I have tried to reset the bios. Unplugged and pulled the battery out for 20 minutes. I restarted and tried using the F8 key to get to safe mode and still get the error.

The card is built on the motherboard so I don't know how to work around. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bios-error.828022/
Relevancy 35.69%

Ok so I ve just recovered from Service Pack giving my computer a good kick in the face REinstalled my drivers and Windows etc got it all running quite nicely So then I go to update my BIOS using the newest ones released driectly from Intel Big Freakin Mistake It restarted my computer all was well then I got the error message quot Please Select Bootable Device or Insert Bootable Media quot Ok so I rebooted and went into my BIOS to check if the hard disk was functioning and if my Windows was booting from there My hard disk had dissapeared Then I tried to install Windows using the Windows CD and the strange thing is the Windows installer recognises my hard disk Error Serious Bios and that there is a copy of Windows and data on my disk but when I try to reinstall Windows it copies all the install files then reboots but it just begins the Windows setup back at the Serious Bios Error start again How do I get my BIOS to recognise my hard disk again All it s seeing is my DVD Drive as a bootable device I m going to call Intel tomorrow but until then is there anything I could do I m thinking maybe flushing my BIOS or maybe trying to revert to the previous BIOS config that I had through the Windows Recovery Console Seriously guys this Serious Bios Error is not good Any help is appreciated ASAP Cheers Chris nbsp

Relevancy 35.69%

When this PC has sat in a "cool" environment turned off, it will boot up normally.

But after it has run for 5 min. and warmed up, if you shut it dow it will not boot up again.

It gives you the "Award BootBlock BIOS Ver 1.0" screen and will not go any further.

The BIOS is Award Modular Ver 6.00PG.

Do I have a chipset problem on the motherboard, or is this a corrupt BIOS???

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Relevancy 35.69%

OK here s one for ya I m running an old computer Pentium meg Ram Win -SE It s never had a cd-rom drive My boss gave me the computer to try and fix it but I m stumped Here s the problem-- She Possible error??? Bios bought an internal CD-Rom Possible Bios error??? for Possible Bios error??? it Possible Bios error??? installed it and turned on the computer When it goes to check all the installed devices it freezes once it states it found the cd-rom So far I ve tried reconnecting all connections went to the bios and set it to auto detect the drives and even simply waiting a while I am able to get the cd-rom to work in pure dos using a boot disk There is power it does recognize the cd-rom it just stops during the initial system check I also tried another cd-rom drive from another computer that was working and the same thing happens so I don t think it s a problem with my drive Oh and just so you know I don t know the first thing about bios I just know how to get there and mess around with a couple things Maybe it s a problem along those lines I reset default settings in the bios but it didn t help The computer still works perfect when the cd-rom is not installed Any suggestions who help tremendously Thank you LF nbsp

Relevancy 35.69%

System disable with error code- 59605124While I remember the password, I m not able to enter anything. system directly goes to disable screen, not allowing me to enter password. Pls help.

A:Bios error

Hi, Try connecting an external usb keyboard then enter  46763100 Another option would be to shut down the notebook, unplug the AC Adapter and then remove the battery.  Hold  down the Power button for 30 seconds.  Plug in the AC Adapter ( leave the battery out for the moment ), start the notebook and try entering the code 46763100 again. Regards, DP-K

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Bios-error/td-p/5787815
Relevancy 35.69%
Relevancy 35.69%

Ok so I ve just Error Serious Bios recovered from Service Pack giving my computer a good kick in the face REinstalled my drivers and Windows etc got it all running quite nicely So then I go to update my Serious Bios Error BIOS using the newest ones released driectly from Intel Big Freakin Mistake It restarted my computer all was well then I got the error message quot Please Select Bootable Device or Insert Bootable Media quot Ok so I rebooted and went into my BIOS to check Serious Bios Error if the hard disk was functioning and if my Windows was booting from there Serious Bios Error My hard disk had dissapeared Then I tried to install Windows using the Windows CD and the strange thing is the Windows installer recognises my hard disk and that there is a copy of Windows and data on my disk but when I try to reinstall Windows it copies all the install files then reboots but it just begins the Windows setup back at the start again How do I get my BIOS to recognise my hard disk again All it s seeing is my DVD Drive as a bootable device I m going to call Intel tomorrow but until then is there anything I could do I m thinking maybe flushing my BIOS or maybe trying to revert to the previous BIOS config that I had through the Windows Recovery Console Seriously guys this is not good Any help is appreciated ASAP Cheers Chris nbsp

Relevancy 35.69%

You guys have helped me Error Bios before so I m hoping you can help again I get this message everytime I try and Bios Error boot my computer I can not access the network or internet BIOS A Primary Master WDC WD BB- CAA V Primary Slave None Secondary Master GCR- B Secondary Slave None Primary Master Hard Risk S Bios Error M A R T Status Bad S M A R T Error Detected The IDE Hard Disk Drive is operating outside normal specifications It is advisable to immediately back up your data and replace your hard-disk drive by calling your support desk or Dell Computer Corporation Here is my latest HJT Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system cisvc exe C Program Files McAfee McAfee Firewall CPD EXE C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS System hkcmd exe C Program Files McAfee McAfee Shared Components Instant Updater RuLaunch exe C Program Files McAfee McAfee Shared Components Guardian CMGrdian exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasServ exe C WINDOWS System ctfmon exe C Program Files Dell Support DSAgnt exe C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe C Program Files interMute SpySubtract SpySub exe C Documents and Settings Loan Officer Desktop Virus Protectant HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar amp Yahoo Companion - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn ycomp dll O - Toolbar AIM Search - D A B-D B- d - A - EE F C - C Program Files AIM Toolbar AIMBar dll O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS System igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS System hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run McAfee InstantUpdate Monitor quot C Program Files McAfee McAfee Shared Components Instant Updater RuLaunch exe quot startmonitor O - HKLM Run McAfee Guardian quot C Program Files McAfee McAfee Shared Components Guardian CMGrdian exe quot SU O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run gcasServ quot C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasServ exe quot O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS System ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run DellSupport quot C Program Files Dell Support DSAgnt exe quot startup O - HKCU Run System C WINDOWS svchost exe O - Global Startup Digital Line Detect lnk O - Global Startup SpySubtract lnk C Program Files interMute SpySubtract SpySub exe O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra context menu item Yahoo Dictionary - file C Program Files Yahoo Common ycdict htm O - Extra context menu item Yahoo Search - file C Program Files Yahoo Common ycsrch htm O - Extra button Messenger - BBE - E - D -AD - D AD - C Program Files Yahoo Messenger yhexbmes dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Yahoo Messenger - BBE - E - D -AD - D AD - C Program Files Yahoo Messenger yhexbmes dll O - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE REFIEBAR DLL O - Extra button AIM - AC E - - d -BC D- B D A DE - C Program Files AIM aim exe O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger MSMSGS EXE O - Extra Tools menuitem Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger MSMSGS EXE O - DPF -C A- E-A -C C BBF Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool - http go microsoft com fwlink linkid amp clcid x O - DPF ED DDF - - BBE- - A EDB D A McAfee com Operating System Class - http download mcafee com molbin shared mcinsctl en-us mcinsctl cab O - DPF D E C -BD A-... Read more

Relevancy 35.69%

Am trying to update my bios, as my Thinkpad lenovo R61i charger is plugged in it says plugged in but not charging. I have replaced the power cable so now trying to update the bios as been told it could be this.

So i download Version: 2.23-1.08 from here http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/downloads/default.page?
But i get this error Driver loading failed the utility cannot proceed.
My laptop is
Windows 7 64bit
Thinkpad Lenovo R61i model 7650-8tg
Bios Verson V1.03 (7pet16ww) date 2007-06-28

any help would be great

Relevancy 35.69%
A:How to fix a BIOS Error 501

?You may have get a 'BIOS Application Error 501' error message if using not HP Preload image and press INFO button when starting unit.The HP BIOS application selected is corrupt or missing. Please install the application and try again.BIOS Application Error (501)Enter - ContinueDetailsThis error is the result of using the INFO button launch HP EFI Application and if not using HP Preload image, the operating system cannot find the EFI partition.What is EFI ?EFI is a set modular interfaces that replaced the set of traditional BIOS interfaces between the OS and platform firmware.The EFI partition is viewable on HP Preload image and HDD and is labeled as HP_TOOLS.The EFI partition and HP EFI application are not required for the basic operation of HP Notebook, however, if partition is missing, EFI feature is not available.Read mode on EFI Features on the "HP Business Notebook Computer - EFI Guidelines" that are downloadable on the www.hp.comEFI Guidelines (116.5KB, PDF) HP Business Notebook Computerhttp://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c01564727/c01564727.pdf?jumpid=reg_R1002_USE...

I am an HP employee

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/How-to-fix-a-BIOS-Error-501/td-p/711435
Relevancy 35.69%

Last week I have purchased a WD TB Green Drive as well as fast speed slow but write Green 2TB WD read has My speed a non-raid capable raid card Rosewill RC- since my older PC WinXP Celeron D GB RAM does not have SATA ports I have installed fresh drivers form Rosewills website even though they are not needed for non-raid configurations The PC recognized the card right away as well as the My 2TB WD Green has fast write speed but slow read speed HDD The write speeds are as expected however the read speeds are between KB and KB I cannot figure out why the read speeds do not exceed MB I have plugged the HDD as an external drive via USB and the read My 2TB WD Green has fast write speed but slow read speed write speeds are as expected Anyone knows why and how to fix it Update I have tried TB WD green drive -year old and it works as expected Update I have just spoken with Rosewill tech and he said that using PCI card and such a large drive it is expected to be slow Personally I believe it is B S You P S for moderators I have similar thread under storage and networking but it no longer applies as such issue Please delete it nbsp

A:My 2TB WD Green has fast write speed but slow read speed

The Rosewill card's transfer rate is "up to 1.5GB/s." The WD hard drive's is 3.0Gb/s. Perhaps if you set the jumper on the 5-6 pins to activate the 1.5GB/s rate per this instruction: Western Digital.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-2tb-wd-green-has-fast-write-speed-but-slow-read-speed.152655/
Relevancy 35.69%

Hello, I just got this x360 Spectre i7 15.6" laptop and I love it, except for the speed at which things load on the browsers. I have high speed internet and ran a speed test and the speed is as it should. I've tried multiple browsers, and even though I have a very strong connection to my high speed internet, it takes forever to open up even a single website. I regularly wait anywhere from 5 to 10 minutes for the site to load. I just got this computer so haven't even saved any files or installed any programs onto it besides anti virus software. How can I resolve this very slow loading time? I'd hate to have to return this computer, but cannot stand to have to deal with these frustrations with a computer I paid $1300 for!! Please help! Katy

A:HP Spectre x360 - Slow browsing speed even with high speed i...

Hi @khealy23,Welcome to the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. I understand you are having an issue with slow download from internet. I will be glad to help you.Please post the full product number and operating system in use on your computer. See the following, if you need help with that information.How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?Is the Windows Version on My Computer 32-bit or 64-bit? Are you Wireless connected or Ethernet wired conneted? Please get back to me and I will help you

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/HP-Spectre-x360-Slow-browsing-speed-even-with-high-speed/td-p/5557610
Relevancy 35.69%

Through the windows experience im at 7.8's / 7.4's... with my hdd at 5.9. looking at getting a ssd to level everything up.... but what i dont know is... how does the read/write speeds translate into processing.

what read speed is equal to the rest of my rig? I just dont know how it translates iops/1GB's read/write to GHz proccessing.
The giving data speed to proccessing speed

Phenom x6 @ 2.8
6GB RAM @ 1600
HD 6870 GPU.

Edit:
good video showing new revodrives coming.
YouTube - ‪COMPUTEX 2011 - OCZ Technology Shows Off New Power Supplies and RevoDrives‬‏

A:Computer Bottleneck- HDD - SSD. giving data speed to proccessing speed

Here is an As SSD for my WD1002FAEX 1TB sata 6GB/s mechanical hard drive

Here is the same test on my Intel 80GB X25 M

For an OS drive the advertised speeds really mean nothing to the average user unless you are going to be transferring large files all day. The most important thing is access time- how long it takes from the time you push the button until the application actually opens. No spinning circles with a good SSD.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/167876-computer-bottleneck-hdd-ssd-giving-data-speed-proccessing-speed.html
Relevancy 35.69%

Hi; I have a Dynalink router and on plan which I get really nice speeds for me (downloads a few megabytes a second), using Windows XP via ethernet.
However as soon as a laptop is also plugged in also via ethernet and streams videos, the internet on my Windows XP computer is so slow, web pages can barely open.
Is there anyone to somehow make both of them at least able to both use the internet? What's the problem? Thanks in advance for any help

A:Internet Speed; Fast but as soon as shared, drops down to unusable speed

However as soon as a laptop is also plugged in also via ethernet and streams videos,Click to expand...

sounds like the laptop is hogging all the bandwidth

what speed do you actually have - via www.speedtest.net ?

what happens if the laptop is connected and not streaming videos - it may also have a number of downloads - updates running in the background

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-speed-fast-but-as-soon-as-shared-drops-down-to-unusable-speed.1071015/
Relevancy 35.69%

I was told by somebody here with VIP badges that I should not post here how to make Firefox run more smoothly in a Virtual Machine in Linux. It should be in a Linux forum. So I moved it there.

A:To speed up mouse scrolling speed in Firefox in Linux VirtualBox

Linux. in a windows forum??

http://www.tenforums.com/virtualization/28106-speed-up-mouse-scrolling-speed-firefox-linux-virtualbox.html
Relevancy 35.69%

Hi I have this very annoying problem [SOLVED] speed Upload slow High Very Very Download speed, and I'm really out of hopes I don't know what to do anymore I'll make a summary of [SOLVED] Very slow Download speed, Very High Upload speed the problem and will be as concise as possible So I have this Dell Inspiron N laptop with a broadband connection direct cable no router and weeks ago I reinstalled my Windows Everything went well until weeks ago when the internet speed went down dial-up like Pages won't load and if they do they load just partially I called my ISP and they said they had no problem I couldn't find any solution so I thought maybe some sort of virus or spyware is doing this so I formated the whole hard-disk and did a clean install of Windows Unfortunatelly nothing changed the download speed is the same Here is a speedtest net evaluation http www speedtest net result png Drivers are up to date no windows firewall no antivirus and no windows update The ISP support guy told me to deactivate IPv and IPv from Local Area Connection but nothing changed I did a TCP IP reset which raised my down speed to almost Mb but after a few minutes it went back to quot dial-up quot With the down speed being the same Speedtest sometimes shows me upload speed in between - Mb which is unbelievable I will make a ss next time I see this And the very weird thing is that I have another netbook pretty weak config Intel Atom CPU GB RAM and with the same cable it has normal speed the kind of speed I had on this Dell too Another weird thing is that the wireless connections work just fine and I've been to a friend of mine and used his broadband cable and it worked like a charm I would be very gratefull if someone could help me because I am really out of ideas and I used to consider myself an at least intermediate PC user Nou I'm feeling like a newbie Thank you Regards Alex

A:[SOLVED] Very slow Download speed, Very High Upload speed

Hi, and welcome to TSF.

Lets first try this:

Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
Now click on Network and Internet and in this window click Internet options.
Now click on the connections tab and select the button to never dial a connection.
Now click Apply and click OK.

Try if this works

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-very-slow-download-speed-very-high-upload-speed-673369.html
Relevancy 35.69%

Hi all,
I want to connect my VCR to the computer to transfer old home movies to DVD.
The Analog to DV device requires a 1 GHz processor. Mine is 498 MHz.

Regarding the speed, will the device work only slowly or not at all?

Thanks!

A:Solved: Video capture device speed vs. processor speed

It is not a matter of slow or not at all. It is most likely a matter of dropped frames. If you have a cheaper video capture card [one without hardware decoding] it will probably work however you will not like the result.

Video editing / encoding is cpu intensive. I would hate to think how long it would take to encode the video file after you capture it [with that cpu]

To give you some idea, it takes me about 15 min to encode approx 1hr of video with an intel dual core cpu. With yours it will be hours.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-video-capture-device-speed-vs-processor-speed.603223/
Relevancy 35.69%

First off my specs Adapter Realek RTL EE bgn Wifi Adapter Router Linksys Cisco WRT N Known to have connection issues in the past but I explain why this probably isn t a factor Not sure what else is needed SysInfo Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Professional Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - MQ CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GT M - Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Hewlett-Packard Antivirus AVG AntiVirus Free Edition Updated and Enabled So I ll boot up my laptop and everything will work fine My download speeds will be somewhere near - mb s and uploads are around - mb s I ll also ping test my computer with no packet loss a ping around and jitter around - It all looks great and dandy Pics below Except after about to minutes my download speeds will dropoff to about - kb s and my ping test goes through the roof to about - with jitter near Not good at all Now I have the suspicion this is being caused by my internal wifi adapter the Realtek because when I use another external usb adapter TP Link TL-WN N my speeds never fluctuate and speed change. doesn't Upload drop Download off, speed I Download speed drop off, Upload speed doesn't change. have no problem ever Is Download speed drop off, Upload speed doesn't change. there anyway to narrow down what this could possibly be caused by Plus I should mention I ve uninstalled and reinstalled the driver Download speed drop off, Upload speed doesn't change. for my internal adapter so many times its not even fun anymore After I install the speed will jump to the - mb s range but again will drop after - minutes I couldn t find the screen shot of my outrageous ping beside the horrible download speed but I ll keep looking EDIT I ll use Xirrus Wifi Inspector to see relative signal strength and according to it it never changes Gah nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/download-speed-drop-off-upload-speed-doesnt-change.1102762/