Windows Support Forum

Great video on how to build a computer

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Great video on how to build a computer

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 63.64%

Hey all! I have been talking to several of you guys as to building my own computer in the past. As it turns out, Best Buy had a great deal on a really good system for their Black Friday sale. It is an AMD quad core @ 2.6, 8gb ram, 1TB [email protected] only problem is that the onboard video card is not the best...(it's a NVIDIA GeForce 9100 integrated) I was wondering if any of you out there have any suggestions as to what would go nicely in this system to bring it to top performance. I am aware that I will probably need a new Power Supply too, as this one is only a 300W...Can anyone help?

A:Got a new computer on black friday, specs are great.. except I need a new video card

Plenty of time to search for a video graphics card. In four days the prices will likely drop a bit.
You did not tell us the brand and model, or the motherboard, so it is difficult to comment. Also, what is the intended use?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/got-a-new-computer-on-black-friday-specs-are-great-except-i-need-a-new-video-card.139991/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi This is my first post, so a quick hello to all. I have been playing with computers for the last 10 years. I finally decided to build a PC myself for a couple of reasons, one is for a greater undstanding of these machines themselves, and I have always loved to build and create things.
Here's my problem: I bought all the individual components, making sure that they were all compatable. I spent a couple of days reading the manuals and putting the PC together. The big moment came to flip the switch and see my creation light up and beep to show the world my brilliance. Alright, I know that everyone of you is laughing, because you know what happened next. Nothing.Nada.Zilch. I would would some help for common problems and solutions. Thanks

A:New PC build will not start, but it looks great

The best option is to benchtest the Motherboard
All extra connections and parts removed, being:

Only power and Video connected
Only 1 known compatible Ram card installed
Hard drive (actually all drives) disconnected from Motherboard
Even try momentarily disconnecting the CPU fan (say for about 5 secs)
All extra addon cards removed
USB and front connectors removed
etc..

This information can be found here:

kimsland said:

try Benchtesting the motherboardClick to expand...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-pc-build-will-not-start-but-it-looks-great.127452/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hello techspot members I m new here as of today and to be honest I was drawn here because of a tech problem I have recently encountered I ordered a slew of new parts from newegg com recently and was very excited to put together my new computer and catch up with some of my friends PC builds However I have run into a huge problem Everything is set up perfectly or so I believe yet when I go to turn on the computer NOTHING happens Well something happens but I will get to that in a bit New Build Would Problem - Help Huge Be Great Any With First allow me to provide my computer specs Mobo GIGABYTE GA-P -DS L LGA Intel P ATX All Solid Capacitor Intel Motherboard Processor Intel Core Duo E Conroe GHz LGA W Dual-Core Processor Model BX E Memory Crucial Ballistix GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Dual Channel Kit Graphics XFX PVT GUDF GeForce GTS MB -bit GDDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card Hard Drive Seagate Barracuda ST AS GB RPM SATA Gb s Hard Drive Power Supply Thermaltake TR W RUC ATX W Power Supply Huge Problem With New Build - Any Help Would Be Great Optical Drive SAMSUNG X DVD R DVD Burner Black SATA Model SH-S B Case COOLER MASTER Centurion CAC-T -UW Black Aluminum Bezel SECC Chassis ATX Mid Tower Computer Case Okay so my story begins by receiving these parts via UPS ground and being quite excited I sat down and screwed the mobo into the case then installed the CPU which fit perfectly the lid closed when i pushed the silver hook back into place then installed the Intel-provided heatsink on top of the processor Following the successful CPU installation I installed my RAM - piece of cake they fit right in place I installed one in each red RAM slot as the manual said that I would need to do this in order to utilize Dual Channel technology Step three the power supply I merely screwed this into place no questions asked Next I slid my DVD burner and Hard Drive into place Finally I installed my graphics card in the PCI-E x slot I then proceeded to place the appropriate power outlets into all of my parts My CPU fan was plugged into the CPU FAN slot of the motherboard my case fans were plugged into SYS FAN and PWR FAN I plugged in the -pin power outlet into my PCI-E video card I connected my DVD Burner and HDD to the mobo via SATA cables and plugged the corresponding PSU SATA power into each of them Then I got down to the nitty gritty and did all the work with the jumper pins placing them correctly I believe as I ve tried different configurations properly into the F PANEL section of the motherboard I also plugged the AC cable coming off of my tower into Huge Problem With New Build - Any Help Would Be Great the F AUDIO section of the mobo Finally I plugged in the main power cable ATX -Pin and the ATX V -Pin cable Everything was set to go right WRONG I closed up the tower hooked up my peripherals and pushed power Nothing Absolutely nothing not even a sound After tinkering around with the tower open for a while I noticed something strange When I pushed the power button I would get a small noise almost like a frequency noise a small buzz but then nothing Also when the PSU is turned on I can wiggle the main -Pin ATX cable and create a constant buzzing frequency-like sound What is going on here Does anyone have any idea I get the thought that the PSU is in working order as when it is turned on I can hear the buzzing and when it is off I cannot Is there some way I can test the PSU I ve tried connecting to to a hard drive only and turning it on but nothing happened Is there a chance that my motherboard is fried The buzzing noise worries me it makes me think that power is being sent to my Mobo but my mobo isn t able to utilize it for some reason I have limited return policies on some of these parts and I d like to get it worked out If ANYONE has ANY IDEA about ANY of this please feel free to respond or e-mail me at webbiam gmail com My current train of thought is that my motherboard is fried and I need to send it back for a replacem... Read more

A:Huge Problem With New Build - Any Help Would Be Great

William --

I've built several computers, but am expert at nothing; however, the bane of all my builds has been getting the leads from the front of the computer case (for the indicator LED's and power switch and reset switch) plugged into the proper pins on the motherboard.

Over the years, board manufacturers have become better at providing clearer instructions in this area. Did you have trouble with any of this?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/huge-problem-with-new-build-any-help-would-be-great.100677/
Relevancy 58.05%

Got the latest build 10074 - Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview - and it is running great so far.

Relevancy 56.76%

Hello everybody I recently purchased a new computer build bundle from Newegg and I have completely No Build -- New Video Computer assembled it to find out I can not get the video to work at all I know it is not the monitor or the cable because i have hooked the monitor up to my laptop using the New Computer Build -- No Video same monitor cable I contacted MSI the motherboard manufacturer and they told me to try removing the battery for - minutes using only one memory stick and switching locations and unplugging every non essential to see if anything works Needless to say I have tried everything and nothing has worked the last recommendation they gave me was to try another video card which I m waiting on it to arrive I was hoping this being my first computer build some people might have some other options for me to try while I wait This is what my system includes MSI A M-E mother board Evo Veloce GB PC memory sticks X AMD A K Quad Core Processor Seagate TB Barracuda Hardrive Logisys Watt Power Supply Any help is greatly appreciated V r Jeremy nbsp

A:New Computer Build -- No Video

When you first boot up the machine do you see any of the BIOS information on the screen or is the monitor completely blank from the minute you press the START button?
Rollin

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-computer-build-no-video.1121781/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi I just finish building a computer for a friend,i think i install everything perfect but when i turn in on sound like everything is running good,it beep even when i hit CTRL+ALT+DEL the computer restart normal,but i don't see any video for the Bios.

i even took the motherboard out of the case with all the conection because someone told me maybe i put the screws to tigh and there was a short with the motherboard and the case,but still didn't work

A:I Need Help I Build A New Computer And I Don't Have Video

Need more Imput

We're gonna need alot more detailed info
in order ta help ya.
???
MoBO
vid
ram
etc.
Hang in dere!
G'Luck!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-need-help-i-build-a-new-computer-and-i-dont-have-video.25235/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi im new here but after reading through many of the topics seems like a very cool forum I New video tried - everything build, computer dead am a New computer build, dead video - tried everything bit of a computer geek myself and have built overclocked modded many custom systems but now am building a system for my media computer and this issue has me stumped The problem i am having is i can not get any boot-up quot Post quot screen or any video output for that matter First i will list the new main parts - Asus Sabertooth FX Motherboard Socket AM - New computer build, dead video - tried everything AMD FX- - core processor Zambezi Bulldozer -G-Skill Sniper DDR RAM PC - gig sticks - Corsair HX PSU Also tried a new OCZ watt PSU - - ATI Radeon HD GB PCIX video cards - Segate Baracuda GB HDD - Bluray DVD RW drive ok i have tried both bench boot-up testing and in case testing on cardboard and using a grounded anti-static wristband as i always do When the unit is powered up with what sounds like one low-pitched beep all fans CPU cooler amp Video card fans spin up normally the board powers up DVD ROM blinks its usual test start up HDD spins up etc but the Monitor just continues to go to sleep-mode from green to orange light and New computer build, dead video - tried everything do not see any Bios Post screen nothing at all I have tried a single stick of RAM in each and every slot and tried both of the gig sticks i have tried three good different PCI Express video cards two of them were brand new tried two different power supplies a CorsairHX and a new OCZ and all the power plugs were in place including the CPU power connection Also tried two good different LCD monitors one on the VGA port of the video card and then the other on the DVI port and even returned the Motherboard to the computer retailer and exchanged it for another exact same new board and i still have no luck with getting any video or Post screen Please help as i am completely stummped on this one nbsp

A:New computer build, dead video - tried everything

According to the CPU support list on the Asus website, you need at least BIOS version 0705. It might be labeled on the motherboard or on the box it came in. If you have an older version you may need to temporarily install another CPU to flash the BIOS, then reinstall the FX-8150.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-computer-build-dead-video-tried-everything.1026664/
Relevancy 55.47%

I have built a new computer using

ASRock motherboard P4VM8

Celron D Processor 325 2.53GHz 533MHz FSB 256 KB L2 Cache

Memory Kingston
KVR333X64C25/512 - Part Detail
512MB 333MHz DDR PC2700 DIMM CL2.5
Standard 64M X 64 Non-ECC 333MHz 184-pin Unbuffered DIMM (SDRAM-DDR, 2.5V, CL2.5, Gold)

Once I get the computer put together I get no video or sound. I put the processor and memory in another motherboard a ASRock P4S61 and the computer works fine. I have check the spec for the motherboard P4VM8 and it states that these are the correct component. I am lost here. I dont know what else to do. Could it maybe that the motherboard dont like the memory?
Thanks
Robert

Relevancy 55.47%

Hi hope some one can help i just build a new comp from new and some old parts ..old video card , hdd, cd drive, with new mother board and new cpu. in a soyo case

i have power but no video. the led for the hdd and power on work the hdd runs.

i have windows xp os on the hdd from a old comp that work?

Do i need to have a start up disk in the drive or a boot up disk or bios for the first boot up to have video on my screen ??
hope some 1 can help

A:i just build a new computer and it does not show video but it has power

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-just-build-a-new-computer-and-it-does-not-show-video-but-it-has-power.270749/
Relevancy 55.04%

Google released the original Chromebook Pixel a little over two years ago. At $1,299, the system didn't make a ton of sense for most but what it did was serve as an example of what a high-end Chromebook could look...

Read more

A:Chromebook Pixel 2015: Great build quality, fast, USB Type-C and cheaper (but still too expensive)

Brick-ish.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/chromebook-pixel-2015-great-build-quality-fast-usb-type-c-and-cheaper-but-still-too-expensive.209610/
Relevancy 53.32%

I just installed a new PNY GS MB and while my games run great graphics maxed and smooth on just about every new game my PC pretty much locks up when I try to play video Not completely but it slows down pretty much to bad! are great...Video Games the point that I have to reboot unless Games are great...Video bad! I get lucky and can get the task mgr to come up and kill the program playing video Whether it s off a DVD or in the Media player plugin on the net or a video file off the hard drive played through MP the system grinds to a halt Strangely when I ctrl alt del I can hear the sound of the video playing but as soon as I come back to the desktop it grinds again Got the latest Nvidia drivers adjusted the graphics aperature in BIOS installed the SIS GART driver Nothing helps I feel like I ve tried the more difficult things and forgotten something simple Some more stats P G G RAM Asus p s board W PSU Heat - not a problem nbsp

A:Games are great...Video bad!

Try posting even more detailed specs of your computer, and the brand of your psu. On newegg, the graphic card has a requirement of 350 watts, so that pretty much clears it....have you lowered the hardware acceleration in display properties (always worked for video problems with me)?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/games-are-great-video-bad.58137/
Relevancy 52.46%

If you guys arent busy..i have a request for you

Im looking to purchase a 9800 Pro for around $150 or a 9600XT around $100 in the U.S. Some of you are going to say go browse eBaY...yes i know, but i am also looking for a card that has some sort of reassurance that it will not be dead on arrival, and carries some kind of warranty through them or manufacturer.

I know you guys here are good at finding the best buys

This is greatly appreciated

Relevancy 52.03%

Just wondering, with most MOBOs offering the ability to stack two video cards, would I be better to spend say, $150.00 on a 1 good card, or 75.00 each for two mediocre ones? These numbers are just an example. I'm not a big gamer but would like good video and grahpics nonetheless, if I were to build this for me.

Also, would the cards need to be twins or just compatible with each other, say in an upgrade situation where the exact card is not available anymore?
Thanks,
Mike

A:Whats better, 1 great video card or 2 good SLI?

SLI or Crossfire are mainly used for people who need ultra performance that one card won't cut. Gamers with 30" screens. There are people with lower who do use it but in my opinion it is a waste, most of the time they can get a single slot using comparable card for the same price they spent on the SLI cards and be using less power, which means less heat production and a cooler running computer.

You said you are not really a gamer, so go with the single card setup.

side note that a $150 is mid to low end for cards, the $75 would be two low ends. You also need a compatible motherboard which not just any will do for it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/whats-better-1-great-video-card-or-2-good-sli.526899/
Relevancy 52.03%

I have a HP s5-1020 computer, small and neat but not much power. Graphics are adequate. BUT I just got Mass Effect Trilogy for Xmas. Looks like video will not run. The chipset on standard box is Intel G4 (?) and case is too small to add in something better (GE Force or ATI card).
Is there any way I can plug to better graphics card or should I give up and return Mass Effect? I am not going to buy new computer.
I have an idle box (old full size computer, DELL, with XP on it, but plenty of RAM and good HD). Should I be looking at getting it set up as a game machine?
Any adivce welcome.
Thanks

A:New great game - how can I upgrade video card for SFF box?

Quote: Originally Posted by retired464

I have a HP s5-1020 computer, small and neat but not much power. Graphics are adequate. BUT I just got Mass Effect Trilogy for Xmas. Looks like video will not run. The chipset on standard box is Intel G4 (?) and case is too small to add in something better (GE Force or ATI card).
Is there any way I can plug to better graphics card or should I give up and return Mass Effect? I am not going to buy new computer.
I have an idle box (old full size computer, DELL, with XP on it, but plenty of RAM and good HD). Should I be looking at getting it set up as a game machine?
Any adivce welcome.
Thanks

Get a low profile card.
Couple of cards today are powerful enough and offer the open to use it's low profile brackets so they fit on smaller form factor cases.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/271017-new-great-game-how-can-i-upgrade-video-card-sff-box.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hey,

I use iMovie a lot and the video camera I film with isn't compatible with iMovie.

Right now the converter I use is Wondershare converter, but I don't recommend it. I only downloaded it (free) because I was in a situation where I needed it very soon, but it has a watermark at the top that I always have to crop out. Also it got bad reviews for making you register and then not giving you a code or something. If you ever download it, NEVER register. The video quality is also not the best but it works.

Any other, better, free video converters that work on mac?
-macbook_girl

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/any-great-free-video-converters-that-work-on-mac.945788/
Relevancy 51.6%

It s not on the list of headline features but the latest version of Windows is hiding a very welcome and well-executed feature a video-capture tool baked right into the operating system On previous versions of Windows recording a video of your a Video 10 Is Windows Capture Tool Hiding Great screen meant navigating the usual muddy creek of ad-infested freeware the lack of integration also made setting up a keyboard command to start recording an exercise in frustration That s all changed with Windows thanks to a video-record feature baked into the new Game DVR Press Win G and a small bar pops up with a video-capture button and links to the Game DVR hub The first time you do this in a particular program Windows will ask you to confirm that the program is a game before starting Game DVR Click to expand http reviews gizmodo com windows- -is-hiding-a-great-video-capture-tool- Windows 10 Is Hiding a Great Video Capture Tool Not the best article tbh but tells you what you need to know I ll still use Shadowplay though nbsp

http://www.pcreview.co.uk/threads/windows-10-is-hiding-a-great-video-capture-tool.4069066/
Relevancy 51.6%

I will list the issues in the order they have occurred you decide what piece of hardware is the culprit and why Which is it The Motherboard the Video Card or the Power Supply Culprits Power Supply Rosewill Stallion Series RD - DB W ATX V Power Supply Video Card XFX HD- A-ZNFC Radeon HD Juniper XT GB -bit GDDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card Motherboard ASUS M A T-E AM AMD GX HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard Issues Chronologically while playing modern warfare on max detail computer runs smoothly -- weeks later-- while playing modern warfare on max detail screen displays jittery tan bars requiring computer reboot to quot fix quot - happens every once and a while wasn t worried -- months later-- while playing world of warcraft on max settings display shudders then locks up displaying mix of colors quot fixed quot with a reboot --Next Day-- motherboard light is green - receiving power boot the computer - fans spin video card fan spins audible over all other fans on case as always - spins - stops - spins - stops - continuously - motherboard does not give it s vs - Power Supply Debate Card Great The Video typical single beep indicating issues with video card - no display on screen Shut down computer and reboot several times until beep is heard and Video Card vs Power Supply - The Great Debate fan in video card quot spins without stopping quot - sound comparable to listening to a car try to start up whirring fan that finally spins fast enough while playing world of warcraft display slows freezes sounds from ventrillo repeat the same word that was said during the freeze over and over and over - black screen - display reports display recovery error on system tray and then screen goes black again upon reboot display rendering so laggy that i turned the computer back off and removed the video card attempting to run computer off of built in video card booted fine no display problems - noticed video card in question was very hot when removed gave card min plugged back in- lowered display settings - worked fine -- over the next few days --- computer having same issues attempting to boot always boots perfectly without video card plugged in running on the built in vcard on motherboard - boots eventually after several attempts computer has blue screen of death ed three times since world of warcraft crash checked power levels of v v and v rails on motherboard through bios - all are reading higher than required updated drivers for vcard - did need updated - same issues The problems sound like a vcard issue but i ve heard that a vcard not getting enough voltage can have the same poor performance Is the vcard faulty or is the powersupply not putting out enough Right now the hardware s performance is inconsistent I would like to locate the problem before the hardware stops working altogether Thank you for your patience reading this and I hope you can help If I wasn t clear or you would like more information please ask nbsp

Relevancy 50.74%

Hi there while no great love for Google I have to admit the Chromecast device is brilliant Using PLEX Free on W Linux works on both it works brilliantly to cast both your own local server based VIDEO and AUDIO to a remote device and is so easily controlled with the PLEX app on a smartphone What is particularly great is that the PLEX server can transmit FLAC files which the google chromecast easily plays on your remote TV The sound quality when pushed into a decent amplifier sounds fine --assuming the HDMI sound from the TV has reasonably good DAC converters to get the digital sound output OK When setting up the library first time on your TV ensure the agent is set to LOCAL MEDIA so all your local video files including TV series etc are built into the library the first time For a really cheap piece of hardware Google has come up trumps and converts any HDMI enabled TV into a smart TV Can't believe I'm actually praising Google - and controlling the app with a smartphone is really convenient as it saves yet another remote controller tv type handset Ensure you buy great -- combo PLEX and (Audio video) Google and Chromecast the latest version of the hardware as thee is an inferior earlier version No trouble with PLEX on W -- don't sign up for any extra stuff if you are interested in just streaming from a remote computer NAS etc Google Chromecast and PLEX -- great combo (Audio and video) No trouble either if you have several PLEX servers running - I have one on Linux and another on W --the phone app allows you to scroll files on any of the servers and cast to the chromecast device Cheers jimbo

A:Google Chromecast and PLEX -- great combo (Audio and video)

I know absolutely ZERO about using Chromcast. I have been thinking of getting one for quite a while now.
Would you please give a crash course to the ignorant ?

I have a flat screen 29 inch TV with 2 HDMI ports which I can connect to my pcs or my tablets. That's it. No other connecting ports.
I have connected my tablet to the TV to view movies from Netflix a few times.
That is all I know.
Thank you.

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/32898-google-chromecast-plex-great-combo-audio-video.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I'm standing on the edge of a shoulder-to-shoulder crowd the kind of crowd where you have to apologize to seven people just to move a few feet frantically snapping pictures because I've got the distinct feeling that what I'm looking at is one of the stories of the year in video gaming It's a video game tournament but it looks more like a rock concert complete How spectator becoming great North next games video are the sport American with a huge stage up front tons of lighting equipment overhead and a large merchandise booth off to the side As the tournament reaches the finals the crowd continues to flow in until every seat aisle and empty corner of the two linked ballrooms of the Seattle Convention Center is filled with a throng comprising thousands and thousands of people Even when the room seems completely full the people don't stop coming How video games are becoming the next great North American spectator sport and the hallways outside of the ballroom begin to clog as fans continue streaming up from the lower floors of the Penny Arcade Expo They're all here to watch professional gaming teams battle it out in the North American regional finals in League of Legends a PC action-strategy game that has exploded in the competitive video gaming scene over the past year The tournament's winning team will take home and a trip to the World Championship in October where the victor will net million and international fame Read more at source How video games are becoming the next great North American spectator sport Ars Technica

http://www.vistax64.com/gaming/298152-how-video-games-becoming-next-great-north-american-spectator-sport.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi all.
The problem is as stated. I've had this monitor for awhile and it works great for video. But recently I plumbed in the USB plug (from the monitor to the case) in order to get protable usb memory sticks to work on the side ports on the monitor. It's supposed to be able to read them, but doesn't, and drivers don't seem to exist for this monitor. I'm using the HDMI connection for Video, the power plug is firmly seated. There is an open 12V DC connection open, but it is tagged with an "audio" label. Is there something I'm missing, does anyone else have this monitor where the usb's work. It's just tiring climbing under my desk everytime clients give me memory sticks, and there's already too much on my desk top.
Thanks for your help.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/1905fp-works-great-video-wise-but-doesnt-let-the-usb-connections-operate.93437/
Relevancy 49.45%

Will these Computer parts work together to make a great gaming computer graphics card XFX HD- A-ZNFC Radeon HD Juniper XT GB -bit GDDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support make together computer? Computer a great these work to Will parts gaming Video Card processor AMD Phenom II X Deneb GHz x KB L Cache MB L Cache Socket AM W Quad-Core Processor motherboard MSI XT-G AM AM AM AMD X ATX AMD Motherboard RAM Mushkin Will these Computer parts work together to make a great gaming computer? Enhanced Blackline GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model CD drive MSI X DVD-ROM X CD-ROM SATA Model DH- D S case Broadway Com Corp R- Black thick Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case power supply SILVERSTONE OP W ATX V amp EPS V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Active PFC Power Supply hard drive Seagate Barracuda ST AS GB RPM MB Cache SATA Gb s quot Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive im getting all these parts from newegg com will they work together my friend seems to think so but i just want to be sure i am spending like bucks on this thing also am i missing anything besides keyboard moniter ect any help would be appritiated thx nbsp

A:Will these Computer parts work together to make a great gaming computer?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/will-these-computer-parts-work-together-to-make-a-great-gaming-computer.929627/
Relevancy 49.02%

As I was searching for noteworthy Windows 8 apps on the internet I stumbled across this awesome site that list Windows 8 apps and filters poor apps. The site is Great Windows Apps - A Better Windows Store. Visit their about page to know more Great Windows Apps - About This Site

Its good to know that there are a lot of activities surrounding Windows 8 by the community to improve the app ecosystem.

I hope you guys find it useful as much I do.

I'm not sure if this is the right forum section to post this so please forgive my noob-ness if I did something wrong by posting this.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/14037-great-site-look-great-windows-8-apps.html
Relevancy 47.73%

My current system was upgraded to windows 7 32bit from vista 32bit (I bought the windows 7 home premium upgrade disc when it was first released). I am going to build a complete new system. Can I install windows 7 64bit from the same windows 7 disc? Or do I have to buy a new windows 7 disc? Is there a way around buying a whole new disc?

A:Solved: New computer build work with old build's Windows 7 Disc?

It won't activate and you will end up in Safe Mode permanently. One machne = one license. You need to buy another full version. But you can do it if you don't use 7 on the old machine. You will just have to activate by phone and explain. Then if you go online with both, one will deactivate and go to Safe Mode.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-new-computer-build-work-with-old-builds-windows-7-disc.1005746/
Relevancy 47.73%

Asus P KC Core Duo gHZ running computer not new great mb ram only recog DSL Connection thru Linksys router hardware firewall enabled My computer which is only months old seems to be starting to run like my old computer Slow startup Slowing down poor internet connection slow browsing I use firefox and i only have my email on gmail no outlook express windows media player or internet explorer running ever I know new computer not running great they are available to run I never use new computer not running great them I have done all WinXp Updates except the ones for the updated IE Outlook Express or Windows Media Player versions I could not do these because I do not have the updated software versions installed I use AVG Free and have a linksys router with hardware firewall turned on I run Lavasoft Ad-Aware and Spybot -S amp D on a regular basis as well as Registry Mechanic I also go to TrendMicro new computer not running great and do a scan ever once in a while My WinXP install is only weeks old Can anyone tell me if they see anything amiss in the following two logs Thank you The following is my HJT log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exe C Program Files COMODO Firewall cmdagent exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Winmx WinMX exe C Program Files Winamp winamp exe C PROGRA MOZILL FIREFOX EXE C WINDOWS system NOTEPAD EXE C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe O - Hosts www winmx com O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKLM Run RTHDCPL RTHDCPL EXE O - HKLM Run Alcmtr ALCMTR EXE O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKLM Run MSConfig C WINDOWS PCHealth HelpCtr Binaries MSConfig exe auto O - HKUS S- - - Run AVG Run C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgw exe RUNONCE User 'NETWORK SERVICE' O - HKUS S- - - Run AVG Run C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgw exe RUNONCE User 'SYSTEM' O - HKUS DEFAULT Run AVG Run C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgw exe RUNONCE User 'Default user' O - Extra button no name - AutorunsDisabled - no file O - HKLM System CCS Services Tcpip BD F-FF F- - -BA B NameServer O - AppInit DLLs C WINDOWS system guard dll O - Winlogon Notify AutorunsDisabled - C WINDOWS O - Service Ad-Aware Service aawservice - Lavasoft - C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe O - Service AVG Alert Manager Server Avg Alrt - GRISOFT s r o - C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exe O - Service AVG Update Service Avg UpdSvc - GRISOFT s r o - C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exe O - Service NMIndexingService - Nero AG - C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMIndexingService exe O - Service NVIDIA Display Driver Service NVSvc - NVIDIA Corporation - C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe And my Startup log looks like this StartupList report PM StartupList version Started from C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis EXE Detected Windows XP SP WinNT Detected Internet Explorer v SP Using default options Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system ... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/new-computer-not-running-great-247422.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi At fs2004 computer Great for the present moment I am running fs on this pc Great computer for fs2004 which makes it lag with add-ons I want to get a gaming computer which will Great computer for fs2004 run fs very well with loads of add-ons WITHOUT LAGGING I don t have Great computer for fs2004 alot of money to spend on one but i have been looking on Ebay and found which i should be able to buy but can t until atleast January Could you please tell me whether these computers would be any good for FS with loads of add-on and NO LAGGING Computer http cgi ebay co u id p c m Computer http cgi ebay co u id p c m Computer http cgi ebay co u id p c m Computer http cgi ebay co u id p c m Please let me know if any of them are good and if they are good for fs with loads of add-ons with lagging which one would be better Thanks a million Dale Johnson nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/great-computer-for-fs2004.864429/
Relevancy 47.73%

First, all of the Posts I found related to my question involved answers pertaining to illegal downloading. I have never downloaded anything illegal.

My question is this. My download speeds were at 100kbs to 200kbs. They have dropped to 15kbs to 25 kbs. Why?

Acer Aspire 5100
novatel 727 pc card
ISP: Verizon

Lately I have online viewed alot of Hulu and youtube video.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Mic

A:My computer is working great except..........

What service level (speed) are you supposed to be getting?

If those speeds you reported were for actual downloads, what do you get with a speed test such as Speakeasy?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-computer-is-working-great-except.793294/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hello I have built myself quite the pc if I do say so myself Great Specs, Very bad fps Computer I ve had it checked by other gamers and they have found no problems with the way I put it together Great Computer Specs, Very bad fps so that s not the problem But my specs can be Great Computer Specs, Very bad fps seen here https pcpartpicker com user Sir bit saved view Fd WGX On other sites they say I should be able to run large games like ARMA at around fps but in-game its averaging at around - fps outside of laggy zones I have checked my clock speeds for my graphics cards and haven t adjusted anything for they are all running at designed speeds I have plenty of ram a great cpu and great graphics cards so they should be running fine but all my games are low fps I ve put my parts into several different sites to see what I SHOULD be getting and they all say nearly x- x what I AM getting Also I ve only downloaded steam games and watched youtube and I run antivirus once a week its around months old now and I don t know what to do at this point Thinking of selling it for parts Please help quot nbsp

Relevancy 47.73%

It almost always seems the HD is running both the light and I hear it http www bleepingcomputer com forums ind p entry This is a link to my last problem and it was fine for a long time My buddy came over awhile ago and was using my computer when I was not around Later on I found out he downloaded some torrents slow and sometimes others. Computer is great I deleted them and removed bitorrent The problem did not begin around the same time but I don t know enough to say whether the were related Basically at Computer is great sometimes and slow others. some points everything works great amazingly fast and then other times it is just so slow you can t even use it Now when it began to slow down I started using auto runs and disabling start up programs and other unnecessary programs Which I guess helped but it is much of a blur as to the progression of the problem I have Macfee installed and sometimes when it is running it will pause for no reason I run that regularly Windows defender and avira Last week one of them removed some files but nothing changed Also I looked back at the above mentioned post and re did all that was asked mbam quick scan mbam full dr web ATFin safe mode and Superantispyware in safemode I think it was when I ran super anti spyware it removed some items and it just still is the same Thursday when my wife logged on to her account the desktop was different and took along time to load And of course it she got a pop up in the tool bar explaining why it was different but neglected to tell me what it said So I am not sure where to start of what to do Other problems are When you click on a link at a web site it seems to be loading and then you get a blank page Sometimes pages look blurry and you can t do anything at all Very long time shutting down and starting up You have to double click times to open a program When you click a button on a webpage it is like clicking it twice

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/352885/computer-is-great-sometimes-and-slow-others/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello i recently got a virus the guy said it was the worst virus hed ever seen and so i got a new hard drive and reset the computer so its basicly brand new. It has 6gb ram and it has a lot over 800gb free space but it cant run anything but minecraft and it can barely run that. A lot of times minecraft lags out my computer to. And i recently downloaded steam and tried to download team fortress 2 and my computer was LAGGY litteraly the mouse was fpsing across the screen at about 2fps idk why but i think it may be my internet connection idk. Can someone tell me whats wrong with it? Its a del-inspiron and its laggy as all hell please help meh

Relevancy 47.3%

Guys,

Microsoft has a great useful article (NO, THIS IS NOT A TYPO!!!) on how to clean up your computer by removing temporary files and other unwanted programs from your system safely and effectively.

New users should read it. More experienced users should review it. Little things like this can make a BIG difference in improving your system's performance and stability. Click here:

http://www.microsoft.com/athome/moredone/cleansweep.mspx

Jack

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/great-ms-article-on-how-to-clean-up-your-computer.418393/
Relevancy 47.3%

Computer Crashes TV?
for the last year and few months my Sanyo 26in lcd 720p has worked wonderful with my computer, connect thru pc port on tv hdmi computer connection with this tv is down right ugly.
issue
Out of the blue the screen would lock up and then go blank
it would come back, eventualy it goes blank and stays that way
have to power it down and leave it off for at min an hour

now if i am running this same tv with my dvr it never freezes or goes blank

if i am running my older 19in lcd monitor /w computer i have no issues I

Anyone have any idea what is happening here

Thanks In advance

A:Sanyo lcd tv working great with computer

Is the 19" monitor also connected via the HDMI?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/198588-sanyo-lcd-tv-working-great-computer.html
Relevancy 47.3%

My computer runs like grease lightning in safe mode, and my internet speeds are marvellous also, but alas when not in safe mode I have on quite a few occasions lately had my Windows freeze, my Windows Live Mail also freeze.
I will define freeze...................everything just does not work, my browser Firefox/Google, none of my loaded programs.
I have to leave the computer (otherwise I would throw it in the air) for about 10 minutes, and then it is perfect all day!, so I am guessing a program is causing the dilemma, but which one? I have about 60 applications running and I haven't loaded a new one in about 6 months.
Is there a program I can purchase/download that would seek out the rogue program if indeed it is a rogue program.
Any enlightenment would be great.

A:Computer is great in safe Mode!

CCleaner has start options. You could use that program to turn features off or on. There is also msconfig, built into Windows.

CCleaner - PC Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download CCleaner is available free from Piriform. You can find Startup in Tools.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/233412-computer-great-safe-mode.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Dell Dimension Mg hates screensavers great computer RAM Intel Pentium Mhz FP monitor Brother MFC- cn running MS XP SP all patches and updates in place AVG Professional all updates in place Spybot S amp D and CCleaner both fully updated NVIDIA drivers are the latest available BIOS has never been great computer hates screensavers updated because I m scared to do that The system is four years old great computer hates screensavers This has been an A system -- with one oddity right from get-go It hates screensavers I ve tried a variety of same great computer hates screensavers always with the same or similar result Sooner or later the computer monitor and or some portion of one or both seems to quot reject quot the screensaver The monitor will suddenly go to black a picture as in quot My Slideshow quot will freeze on the screen a picture will freeze in the middle of a transition In all cases there is no response from moving the mouse tapping the spacebar doing quot control shift escape quot or quot control shift delete quot and our only choice is a hard shutdown Screensavers are no big deal to me and from what I ve read on the internet they re not considered a necessity anymore to prevent burn-in That s why I ve never posted this question before -- but now for some reason I felt that I should The power scheme is set to Never Never Never Our system never liked the other options either Again I figured it was no big deal I log off and shut down every day -- oh and I also turn off and unplug if there are storms in the area Can t think of anything else right now Thanks for any help -- and as always for past help nbsp

Relevancy 46.87%

The computer I just built is working fine and everything seems to be great, except for a periodic beep that I get and can't figure out it's cause. The beep is probably about every half hour or hour. I suspect it may have something to do with my Shuttle AK32 motherboard, but I don't know how to get rid of it. Has anyone had a similar problem and or may have any suggestions.

A:Periodic Beep, Computer works great

Try stopping background applications you have running, when the beeps stop, you have your cause.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/periodic-beep-computer-works-great.108134/
Relevancy 46.87%

My Gateway runs great until a restart is requested by me or a program A few days ago it would restart just fine When I select Restart the computer appears to shut down fine it beeps to restart the Windows screen begins to open but it freezes with Runs Until Inside Great Reboot Computer W7 three colored dots on the screen It always stops in exactly the same place If I kill power then boot again I get an offer for Windows to repair itself If I let it it cannot repair If Computer Runs Great Until Reboot Inside W7 I select Boot Windows Normally all is well I can t tell there are any issues Except for this one problem things are really running well Odd I ve run Chkdsk SFC SCANNOW and PC Pitstop Optimize Nothing finds a problem or fixes anything I m stumped Any ideas -------------------- Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Radeon HD X Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Gateway TBGM U B Antivirus Lavasoft Ad-Watch Live Anti-Virus Disabled Avast Comodo nbsp

Relevancy 46.87%

I feel like my pc is not running at it's peak performance. In fact I feel like it is quite sluggish. Is there some sort of diagnostic I can run to check this stuff?

I have a 3.2 Ghz Pentium(R) D processor and 2 GB of 6400RAM. I'm running XP Pro SP2.

Thanks!

A:Great hardware....Sloooowwww computer performance...

Hard Drive(s)?? I used to have the same problem. When I started up there were hidden programs that sucked up much of my computer performance. Hit Ctrl+Alt+Del and what is the computer performance like? Are the levels high when you have no open programs?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/great-hardware-sloooowwww-computer-performance.599388/
Relevancy 46.87%

ok i have a realy good computer and its runing like a windows lol but i have solevd a few virues and mallware today my computer was fine then boom there back and even worst then last time i need help killing this infection off for good plzzz help Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes c realy like need great runing crap!!! computer help, PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Dell DellDock DellDock exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RtHDVCpl exe C Program Files Dell MediaDirect PCMService exe C Program Files Google Quick Search Box GoogleQuickSearchBox exe C Program Files Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamgui exe C Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtcmd exe C Program Files COMODO SafeSurf cssurf exe C Program Files COMODO Firewall cfp exe C Program Files SweetIM Messenger SweetIM exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Program Files realy need help, great computer runing like crap!!! SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Program Files McAfee Security Scan SSScheduler exe C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Users xXLostSoulXx AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users xXLostSoulXx AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users xXLostSoulXx AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users xXLostSoulXx AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users xXLostSoulXx AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http m www yahoo com fr w i amp type W i SP StartPage R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook no name - E FA E-F A- -ABF - C E C A - no file O - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Search Helper - EBF - F- bff-A F-B E AAC B - C Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack Search Helper SEPsearchhelperie dll O - BHO wit for ie - ED AF- DC - -A C- EF DD CA F - C Program Files ChameleonTom wit ie dll O - BHO scriptproxy - DB D A - - E -B D- F C - C Program Files McAfee VirusScan scriptsn dll O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - BHO Updater For My Freeze com Toolbar - C CD - F - E -B -EB F DA - C Program Files myfreezetoolbar auxi myfreezetoolbAu dll O - BHO no name - CC C D - D - -B D - C CBA BEC - no file O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO Windows Live Toolbar Helper - E A DC - - A - EA-DC EC ACF - C Program Files Windows Live Toolbar wltcore dll O - BHO TBSB - FCBCCB... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/realy-need-help-great-computer-runing-like-crap.907856/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hey everyone I have connected my desktop to my fairly new bought last year sound to no Computer Connect display, TV... Great HDTV with a DVI to HDMI cable from my video card and am able to get the display to work beautifully My Connect Computer to TV... Great display, no sound TV a quot p Toshiba sorry no model number off the top of my head has a port on the back that accepts VGA input but the resolution isn Connect Computer to TV... Great display, no sound t as good which is why I chose to use HDMI Now I realize that HDMI typically would communicate sound on other devices like DVD players or game consoles but since it is only connected to my video card it makes sense that there isn t any sound I tried running a mm headphone cable from the headphone output on my desktop to the input mm as well on my TV but I have no sound My sound card old and crappy has output but after hooking up the mm jack to each port still no sound Any suggestions My TV also runs it s own audio through my AV receiver but I have all of my other peripherals Connect Computer to TV... Great display, no sound hooked in through my television to avoid having to switch inputs on my receiver every time I switch it on the TV Is there a particular sound card that I should consider trying that will fit my needs a little better Thanks in advance -Tyler nbsp

A:Connect Computer to TV... Great display, no sound

Does your TV have any kind of set-up menu option where you have to specifically select the 3.5 mm audio input jack to be used for the audio when the given HDMI input port is used for the video?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connect-computer-to-tv-great-display-no-sound.926927/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi I have an HP Personally I computer, system internet great Slow loss...but with think it s a great computer but it s extremely slow and it crashes randomly Also I keep losing internet connection Slow computer, with internet loss...but great system My ISP is cox and I also have vonage so they re connected to each other Here is a log of my computer o Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM Slow computer, with internet loss...but great system on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C Slow computer, with internet loss...but great system WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccProxy exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exe C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C Program Files Intel IntelDH Intel R Quick Resume Technology ELService exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exe C Program Files Sonic DigitalMedia Plus DigitalMedia Archive DMAScheduler exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C HP KBD KBD EXE C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C Program Files AIM aolsoftware exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exe c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Console NSCSRVCE EXE c windows system hpsysdrv exe c Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe c Program Files Microsoft Works WkDStore exe c Program Files Microsoft Works wkgdcach exe c Program Files Microsoft Works WksWP exe c Program Files Microsoft Works WksWP exe E Setup hpzdui exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C PROGRA WINZIP winzip exe C Documents and Settings Watermelon Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale EN US amp c Q amp bd pavilion amp pf desktop R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iesearch amp locale EN US amp c Q amp bd pavilion amp pf desktop R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iesearch amp locale EN US amp c Q amp bd pavilion amp pf desktop R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iesearch amp locale EN US amp c Q amp bd pavilion amp pf desktop R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http google com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale EN US amp c Q amp bd pavilion amp pf desktop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explor... Read more

A:Slow computer, with internet loss...but great system

Anyone have any suggestions?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-computer-with-internet-loss-but-great-system.617211/
Relevancy 46.01%

So I thought that I would share a layout of a machine that I built at work as a workstation that Built works Windows great 7 at computer a new work, was super easy to build and works great Intel Core i - Asus P Z -V LK Built a new Windows 7 computer at work, works great ATX mobo with EUFI BIOS GB G Skill Ripjaw X Series x GB DDR RAM Kit Samsung X DVD Burner SH- BB W Corsair CX V Builder Series PSU Antec ATX Midtower Case TB Seagate Barracuda STBD RPM Hard Drive I'm electing to use the Intel HD onboard graphics This build came out to for everything at NewEgg com before rebates I installed Win with SP and then installed the following all obtained from the Asus websiteIntel Chipset Intel HD graphics Realtek Audio Driver Intel USB drivers AS Media USB drivers RealTek LAN drivers Intel Rapid Storage Tech Driver Intel Management Engine Interface I enabled the GPU boost switch on the mobo and I enabled the ECU switch on the mobo to best conserve power I'm using the Stock Intel cooler and I have only the fans from the Antec case both set to low From the BIOS see a minor overclock of my CPU from to Ghz and Ghz to Ghz under Turbo My WEI scores are for CPU and Mem for graphics in both categories and for primary hard disk My HDtune results were an average of MB sec My idle temps from within the BIOS are C with ambient temps of C The time to my logon screen in Windows from a Power Button press is seconds with s of that attributable to the POST before it even starts to load Windows All in all it's fast solid and super easy I thought that I would just provide the specs as a reference for anybody interested in building something for themselves

A:Built a new Windows 7 computer at work, works great

Uhhh well it's great to have the information as a reference but does it really belong in the 'Help and Support' section of the forums?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/252813-built-new-windows-7-computer-work-works-great.html
Relevancy 46.01%

But now the game I'm playing (sims 3) is clunking and even crashing if I'm not careful.

The first time I played it it went flawlessly.

Could it be a RAM issue? Does it hold memory until it's purged, or what? I have 3 GB on a new compaq presario CQ62.

Any other ideas how to make it great again? I've only had this thing 4 days. :P
Thanks.

A:Purging RAM? My new computer wroked really great the first couple days...

Does the system crash with a BSOD?

If so - http://www.techsupportforum.com/f217...ns-452654.html

How old is the Sims game? My kids have problems with Sims on Windows 7, even though some are listed as compatible -

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/com...Asc&results=50

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/purging-ram-my-new-computer-wroked-really-great-the-first-couple-days-527281.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Well seems like you came here for a guide on how to stay safe from infections!!! stay from safe A to guide GREAT computer getting your computer infected Well here is your safe-zone You will need two different types of software these programs are called Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware Here's a list of the best PAID and FREE versions of Anti-Virus most important PAID best to worst ESET NOD Kaspersky Anti-Virus Norton AVG pro Now time for the best FREE versions Avira Antivir Avast Pc Tools Anti-Virus Now time for the best Spyware removal tools none of these are paid for they are all FREE Malewarebytes Anti-Malware pro edition is great SuperAnti-Spyware SAS Spybot-Search and Destroy Pc tools Threatfire not complete though Here are the links to the home page for each ESET A GREAT guide to stay safe from computer infections!!! http www eset com Kaspersky http www kaspersky A GREAT guide to stay safe from computer infections!!! com Norton http www symantec com index jspAVG pro only http www avg com Avira A GREAT guide to stay safe from computer infections!!! http www avira com en pages index phpAvast www avast com Pc Tools www pctools com free-antivirus Spyware-Super Anti Spyware www superantispyware com Spybot www safer-networking org threafire www threatfire com GOOD LUCK

A:A GREAT guide to stay safe from computer infections!!!

I would add MBAM to the anti-spyware list.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/250615/a-great-guide-to-stay-safe-from-computer-infections/
Relevancy 46.01%

I have built many computers, gaming and non-gaming, and if you want me to, i will give you a parts list to one. Just give me your budget and some requirements and I will get you the parts list. I am on a great gaming computer now that gets 85 fps on Battlefield 3 on High settings.

Relevancy 46.01%

Here at work i have pc s and one file server contains company software All pc s have access to Network great! one have But works computer internet doesnt both the internet and the file server Everything has worked great until yesterday One the pc s quit getting on the internet Both firefox and ie can not find google Network works great! But one computer doesnt have internet I was told by the user that the internet seemed to go on and off for a hour or so then nothing The weird thing is that via that computer i can still access all the files on the file server run programs of the file server and ping all pc s on the network But still no internet access on that computer only All of the other computers have internet access and work just fine I released and renew the ip pinged the nic card everything looks good The only thing that was added to this particualr computer is firefox did an update yesterday but afterward everything workd fine Any suggestions nbsp

A:Network works great! But one computer doesnt have internet

Start, Run, CMD to open a command prompt:

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-works-great-but-one-computer-doesnt-have-internet.659012/
Relevancy 45.58%

I recently got my new computer vista a couple of specs tb hd gb ddr ram i ghz processor ati x graphics card It used to boot shutdown so fast but recently its began to slow right down to the point where its taking mins on the windows bar animation at startup and then dollowed by a - minute black screen before it finally boots to the desktop Ive disabled pretty much all of the non necessary services in msconfig and on startup so im pretty sure it has nothing boot/shutdown, slow recent Great computer, help please super to do with that and i ve got pretty decent virus protection so it couldnt be any spyware or malware or I would have found it by now could it be my hard drive needs repairing or something oh and it also takes - mins to shut down aswell and for the first few mins of loading to the desktop everything is fairly slow but then Great computer, recent super slow boot/shutdown, please help it goes back to normal - super fast please help this is frustrating nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/great-computer-recent-super-slow-boot-shutdown-please-help.821820/
Relevancy 45.58%

Can anyone out there vouch for a really good computer repair place?

My computer keeps locking up and is just doing many wonky things in general. I have a 3 year old Compaq laptop, and I guess I finally have to bite the bullet and take it in-the problems are over my head.

I installed Ad Aware today (been using Spybot for a long time), and twice, after attempting a full scan and about 30 minutes passing, my computer locked up AGAIN. It looked like the scan was close to finishing, and over 200 “critical objects” had already been noted on the progress screen. I imagine a lot of these items are things that are ok by me, but this is one more concern not knowing what they are.

I appreciate the generosity and expertise here and hope this kind of local recommendation request is not annoying in this forum.

A:I give up! Is there a Great Computer Repair place in Seattle/Eastside?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-give-up-is-there-a-great-computer-repair-place-in-seattle-eastside.316639/
Relevancy 44.72%

I plan on using this computer for games like FC Crysis Civ LoL look computer build, a good build? this First does like Arma Kerbal SP CoD SimCity torrenting and multitasking gaming music or gaming skype or all three I plan First computer build, does this look like a good build? on building it within the month I prefer performance over cost I have Windows Ultimate -bit I have a quot Samsung T B x Bose USB speakers and a mouse but I will need a keyboard I also have access to wired internet I m just wondering if anyone First computer build, does this look like a good build? has any suggestions on these parts seeing as I am new to computer building I did a good amount of research so far And also if these parts would fit and work well together Thank First computer build, does this look like a good build? you CPU Intel Core i - K GHz Quad-Core Processor CPU Cooler Cooler Master Hyper Plus CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler Motherboard Asus P Z -V PRO GEN ATX LGA Motherboard Memory Corsair Vengeance LP GB x GB DDR - Memory Storage Western Digital Caviar Blue TB quot RPM Internal Hard Drive Video Card Sapphire Radeon HD GB Video Card Wired Network Adapter Intel EXPI CTBLK Mbps PCI-Express x Network Adapter Case Cooler Master HAF Advanced ATX Full Tower Case Power Supply Antec Basiq Plus W PLUS Certified ATX V Power Supply Optical Drive Lite-On iHAS - DVD CD Writer Keyboard Lite-On SK- BS Wired Standard Keyboard Total from Newegg nbsp

A:First computer build, does this look like a good build?

The build looks good. I only have one question. Is the on-board LAN (network adapter) not suitable for your needs?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/first-computer-build-does-this-look-like-a-good-build.191395/
Relevancy 43.86%

I have a recent new build... the specs of course first:
MB ASRock K8Upgrade NF3
1 GB Corsair DDR400
AMD Athlon 64 2800+
Sapphire 579 Radeon 9250

The build went well, I booted it up, and the image is awful. It's flickering, it's ghosting, you name it, it does it. Then it blinks and goes blank, comes back on.. and the message states something about the "VRM" not configuring properly. (sorry, can't remember the exact message) I've gotten to the internet and downloaded the latest drivers for the video card, and nothing seems to help. Any ideas? (I'm not even sure what VRM is?)

thanks in advance.

A:HELP with Video on New Build

I would shutdown and reseat the card first.

After that, you may be looking at a power issue (what is your {S rated at?), or possibly a flaky card.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/help-with-video-on-new-build-80682.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Ok here it goes I have three builds going and the same thing across the board My fans spin but no video I have took it to barebone and tried different memory that i know is I no build video!! new have everything! tried good differ PSU differ cases for the power switch and alternate mobos that I know are good I have cleared cmos via the jumpers on all I dont get any beeps the only things I am connecting are the memory cpu fan video power switch new build no video!! I have tried everything! speaker and of course the PSU I am having this problem on differ systems and two are new one is used Intel P ECS mobo--Brand new Intel Cel-D ECS mobo--Brand new and amd gigabyte mobo--used all with my radeon Pro i have also switched with three other pci slot cards and the mobo has onboard I have tried too I am at a loss I do not know what to do Oh I have even reapplied thermal grease before the build new build no video!! I have tried everything! according to how it states on the artic silver site PLEASE HELP nbsp

Relevancy 43.86%

Hello i got a new build for a friend. I get no signal on the screen.All of the fans seem to be running fine the disk drive seems to be making weird sounds please help

Relevancy 43.86%

I just started building my first computer yesterday. Hooked everything up and no video. most of the fans turn on, the dvd drive opens when I push the button, and I can hear the hdd spinning.

When I first turn it on, I get a long beeeeep sound and then nothing happens.

Any advice? I haven't got a clue whats wrong 'with it.

A:First build, no video

just 1 long beep? could be a power problem. Check that your PSU is meeting the requirements for your PC and/or its in working order.. also check all power cables are plugged in to whatever devices that needs it (video card, extra 4/8 pin motherboard power etc).

Stab in the dark since there's no mention on what your PC has....

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/first-build-no-video.99027/
Relevancy 43.86%

Ok so my brother wanted me to build him a new pc and i've run into a issue i cant seem to find a fix for. I put everything together and when i started the computer id get no video and my monitor would just stay in sleep mode after some research for fixes i still cant fix the issue and now im just down the the MB, Ram, CPU, PSU, and monitor hooked up just trying to find the problem so im turning it over to you guys to see if you guys can help me out.

Gigabyte GA-H55M-S2H Motherboard
Intel Core i3 530 Processor
Ultra 750w Power Supply
OCZ Fatal1ty Dual Channel 4096MB PC10666 DDR3 1333MHz Memory

A:New Build - No Video

Remove the memory, and attempt to boot. Are you getting any beeps?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-build-no-video.923753/
Relevancy 43.86%

I just opened my new parts for Christmas and installed them into my case The fans move but there is no video I ve checked all of my connections and they are all fine I ve tried removing the video card and running it I ve tried using my old PSU however I don t think that it had a high enough wattage as it just started the fans and then stopped almost immediately I tried this with and without the video card I have switched RAM between the x GB and x GB sticks and tried both No New - Build Video slots I do not have a speaker for the motherboard and one did not come with it so I can t tell if there s a problem with beeping PSU APEVIA ATX-CB W W ATX V EPS V Motherboard ASRock GM U S FX AM AMD G SATA Gb s USB Micro ATX AMD RAM I ve tried both the old x GB sticks I New Build - No Video had as well as a Corsair GB stick CPU AMD FX -core Stock Heatsink New Build - No Video Video EVGA GTX Ti GB -Bit HDD From my old computer already has Windows Seagate GB nbsp

A:New Build - No Video

HDD: From my old computer, already has Windows 7. Click to expand...

you cant do that - it will have different chipset drivers , unless it happens to be an identical motherboard - and depending on the version of w7 maybe tied to the motherboard - is w7 a full retail version ?

RAM: I've tried both the old 2x2GB sticks I had as well as a Corsair 8GB stickClick to expand...

is this ram compatible with the new board

the spec here http://www.evga.com/Products/Product.aspx?pn=02G-P4-3653-KR says 400w PSU and 110W in use - so your 700W should be OK- but others may help

the thing to do is take it out the case it maybe shorting out

build it on the table - make sure its NOT on a conductive surface at all - maybe use the box
connect the motherboard, psu, video, monitor, ram and cpu - and see if that now at least starts to a point where you can get into the bios

be very careful - you can get a shock and even low voltage can be fatal - so take extra care

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-build-no-video.1082298/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi in this post I showed the parts for my new build and got some help in terms of a new power supply which I bought and installed It seems to work fine and the no new output build on video machine powers up But I get no video output at all When I power the machine up the led s on the keyboard light up so I think that is being recognized I believe the graphics card is seated properly I believe the ram is installed properly but I could no video output on new build be wrong The power is connected to the graphics card I ll try some other connectors to make sure When I power the macnine up the cpu and case fans start spinning the fan on the graphic card spins I do not get any beep codes which leads me no video output on new build to believe the ram is ok I did not make any changes to jumper settings on the mobo when I installed it I left everything at the default value I have plugged the monitor into both of the graphics card input and the plug on the mobo itself the monitor works for another machine any ideas thanks bp nbsp

Relevancy 43.43%

Now I wasn t sure if this was the right place to post this but I recently built a computer with said specifications Antec TruePower W PSU MSI P- F Motherboard Intel e Core Duo GB x Corsair XMS mhz ddr memory eVGA GT CO video card Asus DVD RW x Seagate SATA-II GB HDD s After this build I turned on the computer for the first time and the monitor would not go off standby mode I checked the connection of the video card and everything else and seems to be in place I hear the computer running and everything but Build Issue New Video the monitor will not turn on I tried using no hard drive and one stick of ram to see if that would work but to no avail the monitor is a Viewsonic VX and works fine i ve tried other monitors on this computer as well with no help If anybody could help it would be much appreciated And yes the connections to and from the monitor are secure and those are not the problem Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 43.43%

Ok so I built my new computer MSI -c mobo mushkin x gb ddr pc model phenom video, no beeps, New build, no help please II x black edition callisto socket am xfx gtx core mb ddr And with only the essential components above plugged in I got no video and no beeps but all hardware worked properly except the video card fan would run fast then slow down for a second then speed back up periodically I cleared the CMOS and I tried a new power supply still didnt work Then I tried switching ram around and using at a time didnt work Then I removed the video card then the ram reseated everything including cpu and heatsink and still it doesnt work I was wondering maybe I should flash the BIOS but I dont know if i can do that without anything working New build, no video, no beeps, please help All parts are fresh ordered should be good I am going to try and set the mobo on cardboard and boot to test for shortages to the case Any other ideas before I RMA everything and get freash hardware becuase I dont have the extra parts to swap out to narrow it down Any help is much appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 43.43%

ok so i start my computer the fans in PC No a video try at build first booting, when the psu on the No video when booting, first try at a PC build cpu and case fans start hdd spins up cd drives are fine as well but i get no video its a mostly new setup JetWay JHA mobo using onbord video x gig sticks of g skill ddr ram amd athlon x AM processor all of that s the new part and a hard and cd drives from another computer the drives were working just fine this morning the mobo has a debug readout on it but all that gives me is quot FF quot which the manual says translates into boot but it never changes i m also working w a new w psu but to be sure i swapped it with another one i had that i know works no help there i also tried poping in a pci video card i had around radeon x but still got nothing also tried several configs with drives disconnected at a time and stick of ram at a time cleared the BIOS between each nothing i can think of helps also isnt the mobo supposed to have some alarm when started w out ram because mine didnt do anything when i tried starting w out any ram installed nbsp

A:No video when booting, first try at a PC build

Power supply connections possibly.

That board has an 8pin and a 4 pin and a 24 pin main connector. Which did you use?

Mounting stand-offs and screws all in (correct) place?

Does it show Bios screen during boot?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-video-when-booting-first-try-at-a-pc-build.111157/
Relevancy 43.43%

I have been building my first new pc for the past week and a half; I had just received the last of my remaining parts the other day and I assembled it. Once I finished, I plugged in the power cord and let the thing rip... only to find out that the PC was not producing any video out.

Currently, I get no beeps or video... however, the Cpu fan, CD-rom drive and hard drive are all functioning. On my mobo the standby led and power master II led both light up. The boot led although lights up, continues to blink as oppose to going solid like the other two.

I completely new at this and am requesting type of assistance.
Here are my specs:

Aopen i975xa-YDG Motherboard
T2400 Intel Core Duo Processor
2 x 2GB DDR2 SDRAM
Sapphire Radeon HD 4670 ATI Crossfire Graphics Card
580 Watt PSU
ATX Casing

Thanks in advance

Relevancy 43.43%

Hey all Hope everyone is enjoying the holidays so far Scroll to the bottom for a TL DR version of what unintentionally seemed to become a video, build...no PC New no post? novel lol New PC build...no video, no post? CPU New PC build...no video, no post? Intel i Mobo Asus P TD Deluxe Video Card Diamond Radeon HD RAM OCZ x GB DDR PC - PSU Corsair TX W W This is my set New PC build...no video, no post? up along with a WD HDD and a DVD drive I pulled from an old desktop I put this all together turned it on for the moment of truth and wahht wahht wah waaaaahhhttt sad Price Is Right music There was no video and no beeps from a POST The CPU fan video card fan and PSU fan are all spinning So I took it all out of the case and stripped it down to just the mobo cpu with heatsink and CPU fan plugged in of course power supply and video card I tried powering on with these and with stick of RAM in the A slot still no video and no POST beeps So I alternated the DIMM from slot A to B then C and tried this with two more DIMMS each one at a time in all three slots All the while I m getting no video and no POST beeps while the CPU fan video card fan and PSU fan are spinning So I tried swapping the video card to a second PCI-E slot and the same results I happened to have a second of the same video card so I swapped that out and tried it in the two PCI-E slots with one stick of DIMM in A Once again the same results Oh it may be worth it to point out that I ve also tried the monitor on my laptop to ensure it works and I also tried connecting the video card via HDMI to my TV as well as trying both DVI ports AND I might mention that the monitor is being connected through a DVI-to-VGA adapter and not directly through DVI Unfortunately I don t have a PSU that I can swap out to try At this point I m ready to call shenanigans on the mobo The frustration though lies in the fact that I ordered it online from TigerDirect which means likely being charged to ship it back and waiting a solid weeks for a new one to arrive Can anyone give me any sort of insight as to whether you all think this is the mobo or another issue Surely after multiple DIMMs and two video cards it can t be either or those can it TL DR Stripped new build down to CPU PSU RAM Video card Tried two video cards in multiple PCI-E slots tried multiple ports on video card as well as multiple DIMMs individually No video no POST beeps Thanks for any input you guys might give and happy holidays to everyone nbsp

A:New PC build...no video, no post?

Make sure you have both the 20+4 pin main, and 4+4 pin CPU powers from the power supply connected to the board. I'd doubt a 750TX would be completely bricked on arrival, and you have tested pretty much everything else. So yeah, faulty mobo.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-pc-build-no-video-no-post.885211/
Relevancy 43.43%

System Intel D GCL mobo w on board graphics Intel Pentium D Dual Core one Gb stick Micron DDR MHz DIMM- mobo with support up to GB Okay straight to the point I am not getting a POST although everything is powering up i e POST - no build video, no First fans motherboard HDD and other peripherals The Monitor however is not being provided with a signal I have tried everything I can find online to get this to boot up and nothing has worked so far I have tried the setup in two separate towers and checked and triple checked all of my connections Still no luck When I remove my memory I get a three beep POST telling me my memory is not in properly and from my understanding that the mobo is not fried No POST when the memory is in I have cleared the CMOS and attempted BIOS recoveries with no avail I am at my wits end and I need to get this computer working This is my final hope Please Help Me P S I have just been offered the idea that my memory stick is not supported and that I should try two sticks of DDR Mb RAM I will let you know how this goes nbsp

A:First build - no video, no POST

Yes, I would try different RAM as well, and run them in dual channel (e.g. in pairs for best performance).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/first-build-no-video-no-post.168673/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi I just recently built a custom PC with the following parts ASRock M A DE AM AMD build in output No new video ATX AMD Motherboard XFX HD- X-ZNF Radeon HD GB -bit DDR No video output in new build PCI Express x HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card COOLER MASTER Elite RS- -PSAR-J W ATX V V Power Supply AMD Athlon II X Rana GHz Socket AM W Triple-Core Desktop Processor ADX WFGMBOX G SKILL GB x GB No video output in new build -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F - CL D- GBNT Western Digital Caviar Blue WD AAJS GB RPM SATA Gb s quot Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive Hanns G HZ HPB Black quot ms HDMI Widescreen LCD Monitor SAMSUNG CD DVD Burner Black SATA Model SH-S C - OEM Rosewill CHALLENGER Black Gaming ATX Mid Tower Computer Case comes with Three Fans- x Front Blue LED mm Fan x Top mm I assembled everything I have had experience building PC s in the past no problems So upon boot I get an error message on my monitor saying quot No input detected quot The monitor is connected via HDMI to the graphics card All of the case fans and LED s are running The cpu fan and the graphics card fan is running The optical drive opens and closes no problem So here are the things i try Connect monitor to another pc via VGA works fine Switch graphics card to another PC with bigger PSU connect via DVI no problems I have no idea what could be wrong Please help Let me know if you need some more info Could it be a CMOS issue nbsp

A:No video output in new build

You have to go into windows via dvi and use your control panel settings. W/E the equivilent for nvidia control panel is for ati and specifically designate hdmi to be used. My brother had to use a different monitor all together to do this process. Using the dvi monitor kind of as the "host," while booting into windows then plugging up his new monitor via hdmi. Place correct settings then restart. Hope this helps.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-video-output-in-new-build.155697/
Relevancy 43.43%

i just got done working on a repair for a friend...i purchased an intigrated mb with processor, box with power supply, used known good RAM, and monitor, power is going to all on mb ...even the monitor gets turned on when the PC turns on but.....nothing appears on the screen... no bios, nothing.....

Anyone ever have this problem?

PS I worked on this with 4 techs today for 6 hours...my frustration is

Relevancy 43.43%

Hi, I just recently completed my first computer build. The specs are listed in my profile. I have everything hooked up (hdd, cd, vid card, etc) everything powers on when I turn on the computer (all fans operate, cd will spin, hard drive whirs), but I get nothing on my display. If I disconnect the monitor cable the display tells me to check the cable. After reconnecting the cable the screen reverts to power saving mode.

I have a connector on the mobo that says speaker (it' hooked up) but I have not heard any beeps or other sounds

According to other posts here, it could be a misconnected power conection, a ram chip issue, a bad mobo, or a cpu fan hooked to the wrong location.

My mobo has about 5 fan connections - I have 3 fans (intake, rear exhaust, cpu)

I have tried disconnecting all extraneous peripherals but cannot get the computer to post.

A:New build: no post/no video

Do you have a floppy drive installed? The tracking down of the problem is easier (for me) with a floppy disk drive to which you can boot a Windows 98, Window ME, or DOS MS DOS disc.
If no floppy, disconnect your hard drive, and attempt a boot to a simple CD such as a Windows 98 CD.
Think of ways to get down to the most basic, fundamental setup... floppy disc or CD drive, one memory module, video graphics card, power supply connected.
Then attempt a cold boot using SAFE MODE. If you get nothing on the screen in SAFE MODE, the problem has been narrowed down to power supply, memory module, or video graphics error.
You eliminate everything you can, to start... then when you get something on the screen, diddle with it, then add a component until you make it fail again.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-build-no-post-no-video.98349/
Relevancy 43%

So I m thinking of maybe trying to assemble a pc I want a pretty powerful pc for gaming and video editing and found that the only way that is possible for my price range is to try and do it myself I was looking to build something around or less if possible Now after searching the internet for a bit I found a video on youtube for a video editing gaming rig ULTIMATE Build a Better Gaming amp Silent Workstation PC Computer quot How To quot Guide - YouTube I was build pc editing Want a gaming/video to wondering if anyone had any ideas on how to take down the price a little with some different options that might work just as well I was already think on getting just the ivy bridge i instead of the haswell and maybe a smaller Want to build a gaming/video editing pc SSD Any feedback would be appreciated Oh and here are the specs from the video if you don t want to watch it Intel Core i Want to build a gaming/video editing pc K quot Haswell quot CPU Amazon com Intel Core i - K Quad-Core Desktop Processor GHZ MB Cache BX I K Computers amp Accessories Intel Series GB SSD Intel Series SSDSC CW A K - Newegg com ASUS Sabertooth Z motherboard Newegg com - ASUS SABERTOOTH Z LGA Intel Z HDMI SATA Gb s USB ATX Intel Motherboard Fractal Design Define R Fractal Design Define R Black Pearl w USB ATX Mid Tower Silent PC Computer Case - Newegg com GeForce GTX video card Newegg com - MSI N - GD GeForce GTX GB -bit GDDR PCI Express SLI Support Video Card WD Green TB hard drive Western Digital WD Green WD EZRX TB IntelliPower MB Cache SATA Gb s quot Internal Hard Drive - Newegg com Corsair Vengeance GB DDR RAM CORSAIR Vengeance GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR Desktop Memory Model CMZ GX M A C - Newegg com Seasonic G Series W power supply SeaSonic G Series SSR- RM W ATX V EPS V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready PLUS GOLD Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply - Newegg com bequiet Dark Rock CPU cooler Amazon com Dark Rock PRO - Prozessork hler Computer Cpu Cooling Fans Electronics Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro headphones Razer Deathadder gaming mouse Filco Majestouch Cherry MX Brown key Stealth printed mech keyboard ASUS Pro Art Q quot monitor nbsp

A:Want to build a gaming/video editing pc

My suggestions:

- Stick with Haswell, newer is always better.
- Stick with the 240GB SSD, a 120/128GB one will fill up very quickly especially when you consider overprovisioning.
- Downgrade the mobo to something like the ASUS Z87-A unless you know you'll need the extra features of the Sabertooth.
- The GTX 780 is obviously the quickest card out there but it is also very poor value for money, you might want to consider downgrading to a GTX 770. Your monitor is only 1920x1200 @60Hz so you might not even be able to notice the difference between those 2 cards.
- Get a 750-850W PSU in case you ever want to add another card in SLI in the future. It's always a good idea to invest in a decent PSU for future upgrades.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/want-to-build-a-gaming-video-editing-pc.194555/
Relevancy 43%

Hi im just after putting together my new pc but when i turned it on I no build, pc help please no beep, video new signal, get nothing all fans turn on and the green LED on the motherboard is on Although i get no beep when I get the no memory beep when all memory is removed Also the first time i turned the pc on the monitor did recieve a signal but it was just a black screen I then reset the bios and ever since the monitor shows quot no signal quot The spec is w hiper power supply asus p kr motherboard intel e cpu gb ddr corsair xms gb seagate barracuda hard drive gigabyte gb I have already tried the following - Stripping it back to just stick of ram psu cpu and video card - tryin stick in each of the slots - Resetting bios - made sure pin connectors were connected - made sure pin v was connected to motherboard - tried video card in other pci express slot None of these have worked the only thing i can think new pc build, no video signal, no beep, help please of now without coming to the conclusion that one of my components are dead is new pc build, no video signal, no beep, help please the the motherboard does not new pc build, no video signal, no beep, help please have the correct bios for nm processors So does anyone have any ideas on what else I could try as I m completley out of ideas of my own Also could someone tell me the likelyhood of it actually needing the bios to be updated and if something is dead whats the most likely component I would try each component on another pc but i do not have another one and thought id ask you guys before trying to get a hold of one Thanks for your help nbsp

A:new pc build, no video signal, no beep, help please

Very propably the BIOS issue. It needs the latest BIOS to support the E8400. Second in propability, your crap quality PSU is causing all this mischief. I would send it back and get a Corsair 400 W PSU, shouldn't cost much more. (40$ after MIR, free shipping at newegg.) Preferably get a bit higher, 550W model from Corsair, or OCZ StealthXtream 600W if you're low on money.
For the BIOS, get this and flash to the latest one: http://en.kioskea.net/guide/989288-intel-celeron-420-1-60-ghz-socket-775-800-mhz-bus

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-pc-build-no-video-signal-no-beep-help-please.823699/
Relevancy 43%

I am trying to find a build very cheap that I may or may not be able to get but I can hope right I know that there are better things coming out in no time but all I really want is to be able to keep a decent system that can run Crysis on Medium so that it will stay for a while Case- I am extremely cheap http www geeks com details asp invtid HAPPY- amp Question and Another Card Build Video cat CAS Motherboard- http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Ram- http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Processor- Another Video Card and Build Question http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Graphics- http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Hard Drive- http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Power Supply- http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Fan mm will be bought also but cost is unimportant Also Do you Another Video Card and Build Question think its a good idea to creat a kind of vacuum from the back of your case to pull air I have seen someone have some kind of an exhaust type thingy run up their wall and it worked great Links fixed again nbsp

A:Another Video Card and Build Question

Why a 1.6 GHZ single core celeron??????????????.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/another-video-card-and-build-question.98031/
Relevancy 43%

I Q's Editing My Video about Build Solved: have some questions about the build below Intel i core processor w free GB flash drive ASUS P T Solved: Q's about My Video Editing Build Deluxe V LGA Intel X ATX Intel COOLER MASTER Hyper N CPU Cooler Acer X H quot Widescreen LCD Monitor HDMI x G SKILL GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR x Kingwin mach Modular Power Supply - watt Cooler Maser HAF Full Tower Black Case SAMSUNG Spinpoint TB RPM Solved: Q's about My Video Editing Build SATA- x in RAID configuration SAMSUNG X DVD R DVD Burner with LightScribe x ASUS Xonar DX PCIe Sound Card also has mail in rebate PNY Quadro FX MB Workstation Graphics Card - PCIe x APC BR BLK VA Watts UPS Free Shipping it s lbs Seagate gb HDD Windows Vista Ultimate bundle The purpose of this build is to edit video from the Canon Vixia HF-S video camera mb s video with custom sound and effects I have two big questions Does my PSU have enough wattage to power all this What kind of RAID should I use for this build if any I was thinking about RAID or RAID Will I need any special type of program or is there a good freeware program I can buy that will help my workflow while I duplicate DVD s The idea is to be able to throw a master disk or burn a master file onto DVD with the four DVD drives Do you notice any problems that I am overlooking I see no incompatibilities with this system but I am not the most experienced builder THANKS EVERYONE nbsp

Relevancy 43%

I ve been wanting to build a system for a while and I m kind of nervous because it looks like my first build might be for somebody else lol But I ve done quite a bit of upgrading and replacing components so really the only thing I can think of now that I haven t done is mount the motherboard to the case But I realize there are more for Build Editing System Video things to go wrong because everything is new I don t know much about video editing but here is what I am thinking so far ASUS or Gigabyte motherboard full size likely System Build for Video Editing AMD as I am more familiar with it but if an Intel build looks like a better deal I have nothing against building Intel instead I am thinking at least a Phenom X maybe X I know it needs firewire I think the system might benefit from RAID I m not sure what other features the motherboard needs I m thinking it needs GBs of RAM I told them if they need to save money they might be able to start with but I don t know how much this will effect the video editing performance I know it needs System Build for Video Editing a video card I m more into gaming but from what I ve read gaming would benefit more from a higher end card than video editing I like NVIDIA I ve looked at the GTX but I System Build for Video Editing m not sure if they need a card for this application They definitely need something with HDMI and dual monitor support They want to have at least one blue ray burner They asked about blue ray burners but I told them I m not sure there would be that much advantage to having I m assuming a multi core processor would be capable of burning discs but I told them if that is an issue they might want to consider a separate copier I haven t been doing much burning so I told them I will look into it more I think they are interested in RAID to speed up disc access time if used the correct term there I was thinking the would want a larger hard drive than TB but they asked about smaller drives or multiple partitions because of concerns about slow access I wasn t aware of this issue but maybe it just didn t come up in my gaming I m reasonably sure video editing would be working with larger files so I want this computer to be fast at disk access I would imagine an SSD would help but it might not be practical depending on the hard drive space needed I realize I don t have a budget yet so I wanted to give them what I think they need at a minimum and then if they want to spend more they can They will be primarily using Pinacle Since I don t know much about video editing l would like some opinions if I ve left anything out or maybe something more specific for the motherboard or video card Also if you think blue ray burners is a good idea because I ve never had a system with multiple burners nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/system-build-for-video-editing.977014/
Relevancy 43%

Hello folks I am looking for some input regarding a PC build geared toward video editing It is based on the build outlined by the VideoGuys I have built normal for Video PC Editing Regarding Input Build a PC s in the past but nothing this robust Would really appreciate someone Input Regarding a PC Build for Video Editing with more experience having a look and making any suggestions for changes you think would help I am trying Input Regarding a PC Build for Video Editing to keep this in the area of to The aspects of the build that I need to work out are following how to set up Raid Storage drives inside the tower rather than going with the external unit below Is it best to go x TB drives or x TB drives Also what type of controller is best for speed Whether to go with the Antec Mid Tower or Full Tower case and what type of cooling accessories to purchase Compatibility of all the parts and the Power supply - is this large enough To go with an SSD for the boot drive or have the extra storage a normal TB rpm drive will provide Video cards -- just too many options it seems While I am careful at assembly I am sure my questions show that there are large gaps in my knowledge of this type of system Crucial M CT M SSD quot GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive SSD Model CT M SSD Item N E Return Policy Limited Replacement Only Return PolicyIn Stock - Instant EVGA -P - -AR GeForce GTX Fermi HD MB -bit GDDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready SLI Support Video CardModel -P - -ARItem N E Return Policy VGA Standard Return PolicyIn StockMail in Rebate Card - Instant EVGA -P - -AR GeForce GTX Fermi MB -bit GDDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready SLI Support Video CardModel -P - -ARItem N E Return Policy VGA Replacement Only Return PolicyIn StockMail in Rebate Card - Instant Antec Nine Hundred Two V Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Gaming CaseModel Nine Hundred Two V Item N E Return Policy Standard Return PolicyIn StockMail in Rebate Card - Instant ASUS P X PRO LGA Intel X SATA Gb s USB ATX Intel Motherboard with USB BIOSModel P X PROItem N E Return Policy Limited Replacement Only Return PolicyIn Stock - Instant EVGA -P - -KR GeForce GTX Ti - Cores Fermi Classified Ultra MB -bit GDDR PCI Express x HDCP Model -P - -KRItem N E Return Policy VGA Standard Return PolicyIn StockMail in Rebate Card CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX V W ATX V v EPS V v PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC High Performance Power Model CP- -NAItem N E Return Policy Standard Return PolicyIn StockMail in Rebate Card - Instant Intel Core i - Sandy Bridge-E GHz GHz Turbo Boost LGA W Quad-Core Desktop Processor BX i Model BX i Item N E Return Policy CPU Replacement Only Return PolicyIn Stock G SKILL Ripjaws X Series GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Desktop Memory Model F - CL Q- GBXLModel F - CL Q- GBXLItem N E Return Policy Memory Standard Return PolicyIn Stock G-Technology G-SPEED Q TB RPM Mac Storage Model G Model G Item N E Out Of Stock Pioneer Black X BD-R X BD-RE X DVD R X DVD-RAM X BD-ROM MB Cache SATA BDXL Blu-ray Burner BDR- MBKModel BDR- MBKItem N E Return Policy Standard Return PolicyIn Stock Microsoft Windows Professional SP -bit - OEMModel FQC- Item N E Return Policy Software Standard Return PolicyIn Stock nbsp

Relevancy 43%

I recently put together my first system and am having difficulty getting a video signal out to the monitor. Tried swapping video cards, monitors and adapter plugs, no effect. Seems to me that these items are no longer a potential source of trouble. Any other suggestions?

Motherboard EVGA 122-CK-NF68-A1 N680i SLI R
Graphics: VGA XFX PVT84JUDDD3 8600GT 256 MB R
Power: RAIDMAX RX-630A
CPU: Intel C2Q Q6600
RAM: OCZ DII800 - 2 GIG
HD: 320 GB Seagate

A:no video output on new system build

Tried replacing the PSU? Raidmax is a well-known maker of low-quality PSUs. Try it in another system and see if it works properly. Also, did you try the video card in another system to see if it works or not?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-video-output-on-new-system-build.89872/
Relevancy 43%

I had been using xp until recenty i hear all these news about windows 7 on many websites so i decided to make the switch. So far i'm very happy with the decision! In xp i tried to run only half of the programs and my com just hanged and i had to force restart. Very happy with windows 7 as it did the job well. List of programs ran is at the video's link.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMYaqj9RSIo"]YouTube - Windows 7 Build 7100x64 multitask[/ame]

A:Build 7100 x64 multitask (video)

there is NO way in hell you ever need THAT many applications open at once. lol.
but good job

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/12708-build-7100-x64-multitask-video.html
Relevancy 43%

building a fresh PC

asrock 939dual-sata2 mobo
western digital raptor HD
939 amd 3500+
radeon x800gto pcix16 video
kingston valueram 512 x2

when i power up, the cpu,case, and Video card fan all spin, the keyboard lights up,..but i cant get anything out of the monitor, and i hear no beeps.

a friend with pc knowledge told me to disconnect everything but the mobo, ram,video and keyboard and it still wouldnt work.

i have tried resetting the CMOS for 5 mins, also tried removing the battery for 5 mins.

tried known good ram in the same slots, have tried a known good pci card in the regular pci slots to no avail

are there any step by step processes so i could determine what piece of my build is malfunctioning? i am suspecting the motherboard, but the reviews have said this motherboard is bulletproof

any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:New PC build, Wont activate video

Have you got the separate 12v connector connected?Have you tried all of the RAM slots?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-pc-build-wont-activate-video.44338/
Relevancy 43%

Hi all I ve had a bit of a PC issue which came to head today The pc is about Video new PC Boots - build a signal no but not years old and had a new motherboard and psu about a year ago A couple of weeks ago it a problem started Whenever it boots there is a continual slowinsh beeping sound right through boot up but once booted works fine I decided to tackle the problem today and after reading a few forums I followed a hunch that it was either my graphics card or bad memory neither of which are particularly new so I started a process of elimination Took out the graphics card and blew off the dust - replaced it now pc sounds like it s booting up same beeping but now no video signal - blank monitor screen nothing After thinking oops decided that I would take the card out again and check PC Boots but no Video signal - not a new build it was properly seated same problem Tried taking the RAM out and put it back in - same problem Put a different graphics card in which I know works fine - no change I have DDR RAM and no other same speed available to check so I m thinking it could be the RAM does this sound right before I go out and buy some new RAM or does it sound more serious I d really appreciate any help Cheers nbsp

A:PC Boots but no Video signal - not a new build

another thing

Probably quite an important omission, just forgot

When I took the graphics card out the first time, when I powered up i heard a feint poof type of noise followed by a familiar electrically burning smell ( to use the technical term) I sniffed inside the case and it appeared to be around the area of the graphics card & CPU. Difficult to accurately pinpoint.

In reply to above - my mobo is an asus a7v8x, had a look for beep codes but didn't find out anything to help yet.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-boots-but-no-video-signal-not-a-new-build.101136/
Relevancy 43%

So I have just completed my first new-build PC using entirely new parts However when I try to hook the computer up to a monitor the screen remains blank all fans seem to be working perfectly the HDD seems to be spinning the lights on the case alight fine however I see no video output at all specs for the build are of build output lack video New listed below Coolermaster CM II with Coolermaster GX W PSU Gigabyte GA-P A-UD P mobo Intel i GHz Socket MB L New build lack of video output Cache Samsung HD SJ Spinpoint F TB Hard Drive SATAII rpm MB Cache Corsair GB DDR MHz Memory Module CL - - - V Unbuffered Non-ECC Gigabyte GTX OC GB GDDR OC Edition Dual DVI HDMI PCI-E Graphics Card Samsung SH-S A x DVD RW DL amp RAM IDE Optical Drive I would really appreciate any advice anyone could provide with details that may help me get this thing New build lack of video output up an running thanks Oh and a last note I am connecting the screen to the graphics vard via a HDMI Mini to HDMI cable EDIT Whilst I did see that there was another thread open with a similar problem I didn t want to post my issue there and essentially hijack someone else s thread nbsp

A:New build lack of video output

I was the one who posted the other thread just yesterday.

I HAD THE EXACT SAME PROBLEM AS YOU.

Turns out, I did not connect all of my power pins to the motherboard.

I had connected the 24 pin ATX connector.

But I had forgotten to connect the 8 Pin CPU connector, once I did that everything worked.

Hope this helps!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-build-lack-of-video-output.155744/
Relevancy 43%

my display on my pc keeps going away i had previously thought it was my video card because i could still hear things and interact with the pc after the display stopped showing however i recently sent in my video card to gigabyte and they couldnt recreate the issue i had. the only other things i can think of it being are my motherboard and my monitor anyone else have any ideas?

A:video issues with home build

Hi and welcome to TSG.

Currently we have no idea what we are working with, can you provide the details below:

- Make and model of CPU
- Make, model and revision number of the Motherboard
- Make, model of the graphics card
- Make, model and wattage of the PSU
- Make and model of any hard drives
- The operating system you are using

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-issues-with-home-build.1147078/
Relevancy 43%

I recently put together a new computer, using some parts from my last one. The video card I was going to reuse (PNY GeForce 210 DDR2 512MB PCIe 2.0), but I am having a lot of issues getting it to work. Right now I'm using the onboard video, but as soon as I plug the video card in and fire it up again, no picture from either card. I've gone into the BIOS and changed it so it accesses the PCIe first, and this did nothing. What am I to do, I don't see how this video card isn't compatible, but obviously I'm missing something.

A:Trying to install video card on new build

I see you are on an asus board, I would suggest looking at bios updates. I couldn't get my 5850 to work on my asus board without updating the bios. ...and even now it's still problematic every now and then.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/150773-trying-install-video-card-new-build.html
Relevancy 43%

I need some serious help I just got all the parts together for my new AMD rig see below for part list and after installing the Possible New / Build Issues Card Video last part which was my new MSI GT I get no picture at all I have monitors which neither have a New Build / Possible Video Card Issues DVI option which is no big deal cause the card comes complete with DVI-VGA adapters The machine fires up but I am not getting any quot beeps quot Of course the board does not come with any on board video or even an AGP slot so troubleshooting is tough to do At first I thought it could be the memory since it was a quot bottom of the barrel quot stick I bought awhile back however it worked fine in my last rig and I just wanted to use it to get my rig up and running till the GB of corsair came in and if the memory was the problem wouldn t I get some kind of warning sound I would bet that I either have a bad board or video card CPU - AMD Athlon Venice MHz HT KB L Cache Socket VIDEO - MSI GT MEMORY - Generic MB mhz MOBO - ASUS A N-E NF U PSU - WATT ANTEC HARD DRIVE - WD GB nbsp

Relevancy 43%

Edit New build is shutting itself down after minutes Think I need to reseat with some thermal paste I took apart my old Compaq to swap build signal video ok no laptop old but PC, on new or on the DVD drive with a new build and now the Compaq isn t getting a video signal The monitor light just blinks on and off like it does when the computer is asleep The monitor works on other computers Here are my specs Compaq Presario SR NX detailed specs here Original components AMD Athlon Processor GB PC DDR Memory GB rpm SATA Hard Drive AC Audio ATI Radeon Xpress Integrated Graphics with MB Shared Memory v Kbps Modem and Ethernet Seven USB Ports Two FireWire Ports and -in- Media Card Reader Windows XP Media Center Just added Two DVD drives HP X DVD R DVD Burner with LightScribe Black SATA Model DVD i Two IDE converters Rosewill RC- SATA to IDE Mini Vertical Bridge for SATA device The monitor is a Samsung TFT-LCD Monitor I don t see any no video signal on new build or old PC, but ok on laptop model numbers on the monitor itself but the driver CD says BN - a- nbsp

Relevancy 43%

This is where I am on a new system It will be used for surfing the web spreadsheets and the new endeavor of video editing The video editing will be mainly transfering VHS to DVD with quite a bit of editing to trim the unwanted segments Here are the selected components and my thoughts Please feel free to critique advise or bring any other thoughts to this list You cannot hurt my feelings I am so numb after looking for components for six months that I do not think I have any feelings left Case Antec Sonata III Thoughts Has plenty of expandability W Earthwatts PSU should be more than adequate Do not like the front door but can remove mm fan another mm fan should keep it cool Front eSATA port Washable filter requires pulling case Video Editing System New Build out to remove filter The price for the case with PSU is much lower than any other combination Case cooling fan Antec -speed mm Motherboard ASUS P K-E WIFI-AP LGA P ATX Intel Thoughts Has plenty of SATA ports Do not know where the Sonata front eSATA plugs into the motherboard CPU Intel E FBS Ghz MB New Video Editing System Build Cache HS Fan RAM Super Talents DDR GB Thoughts This is an area where I understand the CPU and RAM are performance points to consider for the video editing Will this perform okay Optical Drive- Lite-On X SATA with Lightscribe Thoughts Includes an abridged version of Nero Optical Drive- Lite-On X SATA without Lightscribe Thoughts I have read the suggestion to buy different DVD drives to get different softwares I probably will not spend the extra for the Lightscribe discs Everyone has their favorites For the this seems a good choice Video Card EVGA GT MB Thoughts My understanding is that for video editing the video card is not a major consideration My original pick was the GTS but was told that was overkill for editing Video Capture Input Card Win TV HVR Thoughts It has the audio and video line-in inputs in addition to coaxial input I might want to record over-the-air digital programming in the future Monitor Undecided Thoughts My understanding is that whatever the quot native quot resolution of the monitor the video card should support it I do not like round images to not be round I would like more desk space but I like the clear text image of the CRT Harddrives I already have Seagate GB drives recieved as a Christmas present from my kids If I have left anything out or you have suggestions please let me know This has been much more difficult that the last build in Thank you very much for any and all comments nbsp

A:New Video Editing System Build

RAM is pretty important in video editing, I would get at least 2GB. I would also get an LCD monitor.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-video-editing-system-build.685647/
Relevancy 43%

I'm building a new computer and need some video card advice I have the following components listed below for my new build I need advice on getting the best video card for my needs I am NOT a gamer I currently have monitors on my main PC and this new build will replace it I will need three monitors on this new build also My New Build Card PC Question for Video monitors all have DVI VGA amp HDMI jacks My new mobo has HDMI jacks and Display Port no vga or DVI jacks The Intel Processor Graphics Video Card Question for New PC Build in the Intel Core i - K Haswell GHz processor - description says It supports up to three independent displays HDMI DVI Display Port VGA via Lynx Point Can I connect two monitors up to the two HDMI jacks and the third monitor to the Display Port of the mobo Or would it be better to install a video card This PC will be primarily used for office work and some PhotoShop CS and Lightroom photo editing but nothing too serious I do have a ASUS EAH GB video card in my current PC that I could take out and put in this new PC but that card is years old but works great don't know about compatibility Thanks for any advice you could give Processor Intel Core i - K Haswell GHz LGA W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics BX I K Mobo MSI Z MPOWER LGA Intel Z HDMI SATA Gb s USB ATX Extreme OC Flagship High Performance Triple CFX SLI Platform Intel Motherboard Power Supply CORSAIR TX Series CMPSU- TX W ATX V v SLI Ready CrossFire Ready PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Compatible with New th Gen CPU Certified Haswell Ready Memory GB Crucial Ballistix GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Desktop Memory Model BLT G D DT TX Case Rosewill THOR V Gaming ATX Full Tower Computer Case SSD SAMSUNG Series MZ- PC N AM quot GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Hard Drive Seagate Barracuda ST DM TB RPM MB Cache SATA Gb s quot Internal Hard Drive DVD drive LITE-ON X DVD Writer Internal X DVD R X DVD RW X DVD R DL X DVD-R X DVD-RW X DVD-ROM X CD-R X CD-RW X CD-ROM SATA Model ihas - Monitors ASUS quot ASUS quot

A:Video Card Question for New PC Build

If that Haswell claims true 3 monitor support and has just those 3 jacks then I say:

Yeah you should be OK with the on-board video on that Haswell, get an ACTIVE display port cable (just make sure you are DP or mini-DP for that 3rd jack!) to whichever jack is compatible with the new monitors, DVI or HDMI is fine. [keyword active, they are more $, a normal passive one will not work right]

That 6850 is fine for 7 but unknown ports, I would see if the on-die CPU video is good enough before going there.

I am hopeful that on-die (mixed in right with the CPU) GPUs are pretty good.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/296095-video-card-question-new-pc-build.html
Relevancy 43%

Hi,
i'm using the parts outlined here:
http://forums.techguy.org/hardware/879088-new-build-wont-post.html

The build powers up, I see LED lights and the cpu fan starts spinning. The led's on the keyboard fire up when I hit the power button, but no video,

I don't have a video card, I'm using the onboard video.
I have one stick of ram and one HD, and the dvd drive, nothing else installed.
Any ideas?
thanks!!
bp

Relevancy 42.57%

I am putting together a new build (first time builder). I purchased MSI P6N SLI Platinum LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 650i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail. The video card I purchased was SAPPHIRE 100172L Radeon X1550 256MB 128-bit GDDR2 PCI Express x16 Video Card - Retail. My question is whether these are compatible? The mother board says NVIDIA and the video card says ATI chipset.

A:New build video card help (1st time builder)?

Not to worry the card is quite compatible!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-build-video-card-help-1st-time-builder.600389/
Relevancy 42.57%

I recently built a new PC.
I had issues powering it on, then I realised I forgot a 4 pin power connector in the corner. Next boot, everything booted up fine, to start. After 3 seconds it powers down, then powers back up and stays up. I think every thing is powered on, disk drive works forsure, the only issue is I get no picture. I am using a BFG 9600GT and used the dvi to vga adapter to connect to my old gateway 2000 vivitron monitor, though I will probably be getting a new monitor soon. I was thinking the problem could be either my video card, video card/monitor non-compatibility(or something to do with the dvi-vga connector) or maybe something else. Or could it be the power problems discussed before?

I am using an Asus P5QL-PRO mobo, 4GB(2X2GB) Gskill memory, 9600GT, E8400 processor and an Antec earthwatts(500 watt).

Any help would be appreciated.

Relevancy 42.57%

Hi I'm just starting to learn about PCs so that I can build my own My only experience is that of upgrading the RAM on my PC PC for editing parts self-build suitability video of a few years ago Now I have books on DIY PC building What I want is a PC with lots of video editing capability so that for instance it doesn't take hours to render edited camcorder footage prior to burning it to dvd I've read that for video editing I'll need an Intel i or i CPU I've copied the ebay page title of this processor which Im interested in only because it says i At it's a bit pricey Also on eBay there's a mobo at which I think is compatible with the processor I have no idea really what I should be looking for Any advice would be much appreciated suitability of parts for self-build video editing PC Intel Core i Processor MB Cache Quad Core suitability of parts for self-build video editing PC GHz CPU New Retail Box Asus Z -P Intel Z Motherboard S DDR PCIe x M D-Sub VGA

http://www.pchelpforum.com/computer-diy/128795-suitability-parts-self-build-video-editing-pc.html
Relevancy 42.57%

This is my first build low budget video of this Solved: kind I can build? use What for card OS Windows XP Professional SP Motherboard http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E CPU http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Solved: What kind of video card can I use for this build? Case http www compusa com applications SearchTools item-details asp EdpNo amp CatId RAM http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E PSU http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Sound Card Creative Sound Blaster Audigy SE Hard Drive GB SATA Western Digital One extra mm fan on the back of the case ultra thermo control fan Automatic speed control I want to play games like Age of Empire III on X high quality settings What kind of video card can I buy I can spend at most on a graphic card How do I know if a video card is compatible with my computer Is this card good http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Thank you for taking your time reading this and answering my question Help would be greatly appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 42.57%

ok My build is going to be LG X dvd -R DL seagate RPM TB HDD AMD Phenom II X GHz hopefully will hold at GHz but I expect around Ghz min GB Mushken RAM x GB ddr ASUS deluxe AM DDR MOBO wth X PCI-e antec Case Zalmen Watt W peak PSU and for the video options x GTX x sli GTX core s but later maybe get a third prices should be down to by then x sli GTX s Ive looked over bench marks and the s bench marks are about the same as s in sli and that makes sence because the is basically s in the same card as far as the s in sli I havent been able to find a good mark for them yet but New many video choices card build, to Solved: I have herd that they have problem with some mother boards when in sli mode what ever the build is it should destroy crisis and then some I m expecting - FPS maxed out wth x VR the I got with my last build single gtx C nbsp

A:Solved: New build, to many video card choices

also what do you think would be the best after market cooler for my cpu thats under $60

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-new-build-to-many-video-card-choices.845828/
Relevancy 42.57%

Hey all just looking for critiques and suggestions on my build I ll be using the computer for heavy photo editing Adobe CS video editing HD video playback and some graphic intensive gaming BF RAGE mostly FPS I want to focus the costs towards CPU GPU and RAM and not worry so much video/photo Photoshop/HD editing build about HDDs CD DVD drives network cards aesthetics sound etc I do not overclock so I won t be needing tons of cooling I m open to suggestions for anything especially if it lowers the price Case Antec Three Hundred Illusion Case Mobo ASUS P P LE REV ATX Intel CPU Intel Core i - K GHz LGA W GPU SAPPHIRE Radeon HD RAM CORSAIR Vengeance GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM PC PSU Photoshop/HD video/photo editing build CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX V W HDD HITACHI Deskstar K D TB quot SATA Gb s CPU Heatsink ZALMAN CNPS A-LED mm Ball CPU Cooler Photoshop/HD video/photo editing build CD DVD LG DVD Burner SATA WIFI EDIMAX EW- Un USB Wireless nano Adapter Total price after rebates nbsp

A:Photoshop/HD video/photo editing build

Very decent setup indeed. However, I would get the Corsair TX 750 instead to keep the option of adding a second 6950 in the near future.

Instead of the Antec 300, take a look at the BitFenix Shinobi. Wonderful case at a $60 price point.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/photoshop-hd-video-photo-editing-build.172351/
Relevancy 42.57%

So I m trying to build this PC Intel i Asus P TD Deluxe Diamond Radeon HD Corsair TX W When New video in, won't plugged power without EATX12v no build - it on with PC I plug in New PC build - won't power on with EATX12v plugged in, no video without it the pin EATX v connector the PC will not power on The power comes on just for a split second the fans twitch ever so slightly then it all goes off I ve tried plugging in all pins New PC build - won't power on with EATX12v plugged in, no video without it as well as just pins with the same result If I leave the pin EATX v completely unplugged the PC will power on However there is no video output to the monitor and the video card fan does not spin I ve tested the monitor as well as the monitor cable and those are functional I have two of the Diamond video cards and I ve tried both of them with the same result I also tried each one individually in two different PCIE slots I have no idea why plugging in the EATX v would cause the PC not to power on nor why the video card Can anyone off some knowledge that might resolve my problem nbsp

A:New PC build - won't power on with EATX12v plugged in, no video without it

Bump.

Correction to my original post: The video card fan is spinning and receiving power apparently. The big issue here is that the PC will not power on when the EATX12v is plugged in. If I'm not mistaken, that powers the CPU, does it not? Which would explain why there is no video when I turn the PC on without the EATX12v plugged in.

Is the mobo damaged? I just can't figure any other reason that the PC won't power on with the EATX12v plugged in and will power on without it plugged in.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-pc-build-wont-power-on-with-eatx12v-plugged-in-no-video-without-it.961872/
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi all it s the system in my sig Temps CPU - GPU - mobo - HD - A trivial but annoying random loss of USB keyboard about every three boots or so Especially after entering BIOS Only BIOS option is USB keyboard on off which makes little difference except in BIOS itself Unplugging replugging cable gives quot unrecognised device quot error Corsair PC cas RAM gets s of errors on problems build... keyboard RAM Solved: usb and new video, memtest if set to MHz at all cas settings but fine at MHz cas Thinking this may be a voltage problem since the mobo has no voltage adjustments Although actual FSB is MHz so do I need to run the RAM Async Spread spectrum GF GT freezes crashes slows after about mins of high usage Everest reports C GPU temp MBM can t find anything speedfan doenstn t know which sensor is which but reports a random C for something Number doesn t need answering here because googling shows many many similar probs I ve tried most suggestions but I m not convinced about temp and voltage readings yet email protected email protected from speedfan Has anyone successfully monitored this mobo yet as MSI utils don t work and others are contradictory Bit Solved: video, RAM and usb keyboard problems on new build... frustrating nbsp

Relevancy 42.57%

I have a Window 7 box that will not display on the monitor. This is a box that has worked for a long time. Switched out the video card (PCI express) for a new one still no video. Switched monitors, still no display, installed an old PCI card and still no display. I get nothing when I turn the box on except for the fans starting and the lights on the motherboard. Any suggestions or thoughts I would appreciate. Since I cannot see anything on the monitor, it is hard to diagnose.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lost-all-video-to-monitor-existing-build.218483/