Windows Support Forum

Internet Disconnecting Randomly During the Day

Q: Internet Disconnecting Randomly During the Day

Recently the Internet Day the Randomly Disconnecting During internet on my computer started acting up I have noticed a pattern with this and it seems that it only happens during the day and I never experience it at all during the night This leads me to believe it s not any type of hardware failure Anyway I m using windows XP and have a Netgear WGT v router My connection is wired and none of the other computers on the network have any problem connecting when my connection goes down The only solutions I have found to the problem are restarting the computer or going to Control panel then network connections and right clicking Local Area Connection and pressing repair After doing one of those things to temporarily fix it not too long after the connection will start disconnecting again Also the Local Area Connection status is Connected whenever I look at it when this happens Also I ve scanned for viruses with avast a few times as well as Spybot Search amp Destroy and haven t found anything wrong I d Internet Disconnecting Randomly During the Day like some help in trying to find a solution to the problem If you need any more info let me know and I ll be glad to provide it for you nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-disconnecting-randomly-during-the-day.136883/
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Internet Disconnecting Randomly During the Day

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 70.95%

This is only happening on my labtop and I am not sure why. It happened all of a sudden with no reason for it at all.
I tried a couple of things but none of them seemed to work. Is their a program where I can show you guys my specs, I'm new at this so help would be appreciated.

Relevancy 70.95%

Well I've tried to avoid posting to plea for help because I thought I would of been able to target the source of the problem The Problem is of course somewhat common among people My internet at some Disconnecting! Help, Randomly Internet Please point randomly disconnects At times it's stable and fast Some days it does not disconnect at all and some days it disconnects frequently which frustrates me the most because I play MMO's other times I would disconnect out of the blue I've tested to see what problems might this be And I've tried almost all I've looked up and heard of I've tried doing reboots system clean ups downloading Malwarebytes and doing scans disabling the quot Microsoft WI-FI Mini Adapter quot from the device manager tried restarting router modem dozens of times checked the phone line changed Please Help, Internet Randomly Disconnecting! the DNS server yet in the event viewer the DNS client error Please Help, Internet Randomly Disconnecting! event still persists I've done a ton of things in cmd that I cannot even recall because there's been too many efforts in trying to fix it My mother Please Help, Internet Randomly Disconnecting! on the other hand does not have this issue what so ever and kind of refuses to call in support from Comcast to actually find a solution only because she doesn't have the issue herself She did however call for an upgrade on our modem which still has not come I'm really hoping that it will be able to fix the issue but at the same time I still feel that the issue will still continue regardless I'm running out of ideas at this point searched every tech forum and most if not all tech solutions to this problem Of course there's something that can fix this but that I do not know of I'm decent at computer savvy language but to be quite honest I need kind of a step by step solution otherwise I may end up screwing myself over by doing something wrong If any more information is required I'll be happy to provide I just want my internet disconnection free Many Thanks - Entosian

A:Please Help, Internet Randomly Disconnecting!

What is the make and the model of your machine? Have you tried updating the drivers for your wifi or NIC adapter? What anti virus program do you use?

Follow this link. DHCP Event Log Error 1014

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f31/please-help-internet-randomly-disconnecting-644015.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Hi there!

I recently have come across an issue where my internet randomly disconnects, mostly while on Skype or downloading video games and cannot figure out the issue at all. It usually downloads fine for about 1 minute and then disconnects completely. 0kbps and internet drops on my computer alone.

I'm kinda new to tech forums so if you guys need any information let me know.

A:Internet keeps disconnecting randomly

Hi, I had this problem a few years ago, which was fixed by buying a new USB wireless dongle.
But if you are using wireless connection to the router, try an ethercable instead and see if the same thing happens.
Are you using a laptop? If so it could be faulty wireless 802.11 board.
If you are using a USB wireless adapter, it could that the pc is turning off the power to the USB ports to 'save power', that can be changed if required.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-keeps-disconnecting-randomly.205710/
Relevancy 70.95%

Hi all for the past maybe week or so my internet has been disconnecting from my laptop for no reason The only way I m able to reconnect is to restart my computer or put it on sleep then waking it back up I believe the problem is within my laptop and not the router I ve reset my router and still nothing While I lose connection my brother downstairs is worry free nothing happens to his laptop leading me to think its just me For some reason I tend to believe maybe skype is causing the issue I usually lose connection while I m playing a game with my friends in a skype voice call However I still lose connection if I m not in a voice chat at times I have AVG as a free anti virus and I ve already add skype as an exception as well I did this for my firewall I even tried to update my wireless card driver Everything is already up to date I even uninstalled skype and reinstalled a older version of it I m all out of ideas Please help My laptop is an Acer Aspire Thanks nbsp

A:Internet keeps disconnecting randomly?

uninstall avg - see how below

What firewall / security suite or anti-virus do you currently have on the PC - or you have ever had on the PC in the past - any trial ware - like Norton, kaspersky or Mcafee or any free security suites like zonealarm, AVG , Webroot etc

would you post the following tests when the internet is working OK, and then repeat ALL the tests when the internet disconnects.
Make sure you also indicate on the reply which tests are for what condition.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
ipconfig /all

If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

If you do not have another PC - do you have a phone connected to the internet - can you photograph the result and post the image in a reply
Note: you will see entries named Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface: we dont need to see that information - JUST the infomation above those entries

We would like to see the results from an ipconfig /all - post back the results in a reply here.

For Windows 8
To open a Cmd Prompt or an Administrator Cmd prompt from the Desktop. Use Win + X and choose Command Prompt or Command Prompt (Admin) from the list.​
For windows version, XP, Vista, W7
Hold the Windows key and press R

Now type CMD

Now press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):​
In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt ​
It will export the results into notepad and then automatically open the notepad and display on your screen.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results into a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will now be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy

Now go back to the forum - goto the reply and then right click in the reply box and paste the results.
The results from the notepad should now appear in the forum reply.

Ping Tests
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

If you do not have another PC - do you have a phone connected to the internet - can you photograph the result and post the image in a reply

For Windows 8
To open a Cmd Prompt or an Administrator Cmd prompt from the Desktop. Use Win + X and choose Command Prompt or Command Prompt (Admin) from the list.​
For windows version, XP, Vista, W7
Hold the Windows key and press R

Now type CMD

then press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ): ​
In the command prompt window that opens

Type the following command
Ping {then a space and then add the number that is shown against the item labelled "default gateway" shown in the results from the ipconfig /all}
Post back the results in a reply here
right click in the command prompt box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Type the following command
Ping google.com
Post back the results in a reply here
right click in the command prompt ... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-keeps-disconnecting-randomly.1095075/
Relevancy 70.95%

Hello all. I hope this isn't in the wrong section...
My computer recently has begun to disconnect itself from the internet randomly. One time, it did it for an hour and would keep reconnecting but soon after disconnecting again. I've eliminated the chance it was my whole service by asking members of the household if their internet was acting up.

Here's another strange thing that will happen when the problem occurs. Upon shutting down to try and reconnect, my computer will be stuck on the shutdown screen.

I found one minidump from yesterday, but I'm not sure how much of a help it will be. I'll attach it anyway.

Please inform me if there is any other information that you require.

A:Internet Disconnecting Randomly

What is your network adapter? It must be an issue with your adapter.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-disconnecting-randomly.192115/
Relevancy 70.95%

Hi,
My wireless internet keeps die randomly, just the connection dying. The internet stays connected to the router but i have no connection on my computer until i repair the connection to which it works fine again for about another hour.
So i have decided to try and find out why this was happening, which is why i have done the hijackthis scan.
So if anyone would be so kind to see if there is any problems going on here, would be apprieciated.
And if there is any of way of finding out why my connection keeps dying randomly would also be very much apprieciated.

A:Internet randomly disconnecting

Welcome to TechSpot! Hopefully I can give you some guidance.
First, you need to understand that we don't use HijackThis to 'screen' for problems.

About the connection interrupt:
1. If you use a router: Disconnect the power from the router and the modem. Wait about 30 seconds. Then reconnect the power to both. This is known as power cycling If frees up the memory in the router.
2. Check the manufacturer's site of this:
C:\Program Files\TalkTalk\TalkTalk SNU5630NS 05 Wireless USB Adapter Utility\TTUSBBGMonitor.exe
See if there is any firmware update available. If there is, follow the instructions and update the driver.
3. Check the setting you have for this:
O23 - Service: ES lite Service for program management. (ES lite Service) - Unknown owner - Crogram FilesGigabyteEasySaverESSVR.EXE Easy Energy Saver it's a motherboard utility that manage the power of CPU, fan and may others.
Click on start> All Programs> double click on GigabyteEasySaver and check the settings. It might be that it is closing the system down for some reason.
4. If you have checked all the equipment, cable and settings and still have the problem, contact your ISP are report the problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-randomly-disconnecting.156080/
Relevancy 70.95%

My router is Netgear WGT624v3 and I'm using Windows XP. My connection has been going much slower than it should and it keeps randomly disconnecting, forcing me to go into Control Panel > Network Connections to reset it multiple times. It keeps disconnecting no matter what I do though. There are other computers connected to the router and mine is much slower than the others. I tried calling up the router company and have them reset everything (on their end, resetting the router does nothing) and it worked fine for about an hour before messing up again. I've reset the router and modem, restarted my computer, tried all of that. The connection works, just theres something wrong with it on my computer only and I can't fix it.

Relevancy 70.95%

Alright For the last year or so my internet randomly Internet disconnecting has Internet randomly disconnecting been randomly disconnecting for generally no more than a few seconds at a time Up until recently it s done it for a period of about an hour every five minutes or so It stopped doing Internet randomly disconnecting it completely for a couple of months at summer Internet randomly disconnecting and then started back worse than ever a month or two ago It now does it well all the time It s not my ISP a few weeks ago my internet connection was cut off for a week due to an area problem and I left my wireless router my PC is connected to it wired switched on out of curiosity The quot Sync quot light on it still blinked off for brief periods every now and again as it does during the random drops when I m actually connected to the internet Today I bought a new router however the problem is still occuring I m not given an error message when it occurs the only notification is in the online sync lights on the router going off and in er my lack of ability to access the internet when that happens So in summary it s not my ISP it s not my router and as the problem occurs to devices accessing the network wirelessly as well and the router can be used without anything connected to it wired it s not my PC What exactly could be causing the problem nbsp

Relevancy 70.95%

Hey Over the past few weeks my internet connection has been randomly disconnecting and I see absolutely no reason for this It happens randomly it seems but I ve been checking the time when it disconnects maybe it s just me but it appears to be disconnecting Randomly Internet Disconnecting at times like or it always seems to be an exact time There is no telling when it will disconnect and how long it will stay disconnected for It comes back up within - minutes usually I ve also been having second disconnects where I crash and am instantly reconnected to Ventrilo Steam Windows Live Messenger and of course I am given full browsing capabilities Also it seems that sometimes it is disconnecting at key moments such as when something important is Internet Randomly Disconnecting happening etc I unplug the modem router just router just modem when it disconnects I have tried all of them None change the outcome it connects at it s own time Now when it disconnects I simply leave and come back later or sit around waiting for it to come back up I have used this same set-up for so long and it is only happening now My ISP says nothing seems to be wrong They can send in a technician to get it checked out but I know it won t do much I want to see if there s something simpler I can do I ve thought of reformatting but it seems that it is my INTERNET as the laptops in the household also cannot access the internet during these times What can I do Please help lt Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 70.09%

Hi everyone, I have a Sony Vaio and the model number is: PCG-61511M.

The problem im having is that my internet randomly disconnects and i have a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark in, other computers in the house don't have this problem, and it's only my laptop. Other people's laptops work fine, it's just mine.

It's really beginning to frustrate me and i'd love for some help.

Cheers

A:[SOLVED] Internet randomly disconnecting?

Are you connecting Wired or Wirelessly? try updating your network adapter from the Sony Vaio site

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f31/solved-internet-randomly-disconnecting-638419.html
Relevancy 70.09%

For the past 4 days my internet would disconnect and reconnect frequently. It would sometimes d/c for around 4 secs and sometimes for around 20. When this does happen, the lights on my router (linksys befsr41) would sort of freeze, and the lights on my modem would act as if i restarted the modem. I tried restarting the modem by unplugging it for 30 secs, same with the router. This happens randomly, while browsing the internet, playing an online game, using an instant messenger, in ventrillo.

I called Comcast and they said it has nothing to do with an outage within the area, but a technician is comming here on Friday.

im using windows xp

A:Internet disconnecting and reconnecting randomly

Sounds like the modem may be dying.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-disconnecting-and-reconnecting-randomly.812810/
Relevancy 70.09%

I started having this issue back in late August but now it's been happening more frequently. My Firefox usually works perfectly fine, but randomly, once every day or every other day, it'll suddenly disconnect from the internet and refuse to load any pages. If I'm on Facebook when it happens, the chat will get disconnected and be unable to reconnect. It isn't a problem with the internet connection, as other browsers will still be able to connect, internet programs like Skype will stay connected, and Firefox itself will work normally again after closing and reopening it.

This happens randomly so there's no way to test it, and I already scanned for malware several times and couldn't find anything. Does anyone know what might be causing this?

A:Firefox Randomly Disconnecting from the Internet.

Hi, try disabling any addons.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f131/firefox-randomly-disconnecting-from-the-internet-1049330.html
Relevancy 69.66%

My computer seems to randomly disconnect I noticed it randomly from appears internet to be me disconnecting svchost.exe is more frequent if I am downloading large files at my max download speed I noticed that the program svchost exe randomly is using data at svchost.exe appears to be disconnecting me from internet randomly sometimes high rates for my plan which I think may be the source for my random disconnecting Evidence of my claim Hijack this log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Unknown Windows WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program svchost.exe appears to be disconnecting me from internet randomly Files x NVIDIA Corporation Update Core NvBackend exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x NETGEAR WNA WNA exe C Program Files x Skillbrains lightshot Lightshot exe C Program Files x Avira Launcher Avira Systray exe C Program Files x Steam bin svchost.exe appears to be disconnecting me from internet randomly steamwebhelper exe C Program Files x Steam bin steamwebhelper exe C Users JacobP AppData Roaming Spotify SpotifyWebHelper exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users JacobP Downloads HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page Bing R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page Google R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL MSN com - Hotmail Outlook Skype Bing Latest News Photos amp Videos R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL Bing R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page Bing R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page MSN com - Hotmail Outlook Skype Bing Latest News Photos amp Videos R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files x Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run avgnt quot C Program Files x Avira AntiVir Desktop avgnt exe quot min O - HKLM Run Razer Synapse quot C Program Files x Razer Synapse RzSynapse exe quot O - HKLM Run Wondershare Helper Compact exe C Program Files x Common Files Wondershare Wondershare Helper Compact WSHelper exe O - HKLM Run LogitechVideoRepair C Program Files x Logitech Video ISStart exe O - HKLM Run LogitechVideoTray C Program Files x Logitech Video LogiTray exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files x QuickTime QTTask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run Lightshot C Program Files x Skillbrains lightshot Lightshot exe O - HKLM Run NCUpdateHelper C Program Files x NCWest NCLauncher NCUpdateHelper exe O - HKLM Run Avira SystrayStartTrigger C Program Files x Avira Launcher Avira SystrayStartTrigger exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run LogMeIn Hamachi Ui quot C Program Files x LogMeIn Hamachi hamachi- -ui exe quot --auto-start O - HKCU Run DAEMON Tools Lite qu... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/svchost-exe-appears-to-be-disconnecting-me-from-internet-randomly-1094650.html
Relevancy 69.66%

Recently my internet started disconnecting a ton during the day and I am really looking for a fix to this problem When my internet starts disconnecting it ll happen anywhere from every minutes to every hour The only ways I can get the internet to start working again Wired Internet Disconnecting Connection Randomly after this happens are to go into Network Connections through the control panel and then right click Local Area Connection and press repair or by restarting the computer After doing one of those things my computer will start disconnecting again soon after I m running Windows XP and have a Netgear WGT v router However I believe that my problem is not any type of hardware error because it only happens during the day and never happens to me at night at all The computer is using a wired connection but whenever the internet stops working on here Wired Internet Connection Disconnecting Randomly it will still work on all of the other computers connected to the same router I have also scanned the computer for viruses and spyware but have not found anything This problem is really bugging me so I d be very happy if anybody could help me If you need any additional information feel free to ask nbsp

A:Wired Internet Connection Disconnecting Randomly

What did you use scan the computer for pest? Also have you updated XP for patch release lately? How about the Netgear have you updated the firmware on it?

You can try to backup the router configuration to a file.
Then do a 90 second reset on it.
This would mean you keep on holding the reset button on the rear of the router with power cord attached while perform the following:

1. press and hold reset for 90 secs
2. during the first 30 secs you will unplug the power cord
3. during the second 30 secs you will plug-in back the power cord
4. during the third 30 secs at the end of that you would release and unplug the router for 15 seconds

Now try it again and see if the router works now..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wired-internet-connection-disconnecting-randomly.136894/
Relevancy 69.66%

Hi I am having issues with my PC and suspect a virus might be at fault When I connect to the internet via broadband connection I can get my home page but then it goes incredibly slow and has the little hour glass thingy up for ages I ve run my virus software etc but am still having issues AVG spybot and adaware I m just wondering if you could please check out my HJT log as I m pretty sure I have a lot of rubbish on my PC am glad to get rid of anything that doesn t need to be there Thanks for looking I am running windows XP on a pentium thingy not sure what more info you might need Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe to or connecting disconnecting randomly correctly, internet not PC C WINDOWS system PC not connecting to internet correctly, or disconnecting randomly spoolsv exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS System snmp exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System MsPMSPSv exe C WINDOWS system fxssvc exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Sony Corporation Image Transfer SonyTray exe C Program Files Yahoo Messenger ymsgr tray exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG Free avgcc exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware SE Personal Ad-Aware exe C Program Files Fast Cleaner FC exe C Documents and Settings bondandbond Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http g msn PC not connecting to internet correctly, or disconnecting randomly com SEENUS SAOS FORM TOOLBR R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www xtra co nz R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults su msgr http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localhost R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link PC not connecting to internet correctly, or disconnecting randomly Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO Yahoo IE Services Button - BAB B B- BC- B - D - FC DE A - C Program Files Yahoo Common yiesrvc dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run YeppStudioAgent C Program Files Samsung SamsungMediaStudio SamsungMediaStudioAgent exe O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run Yahoo Pager quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe quot -quiet O - Global Startup Image Transfer lnk C Program Files Sony Corporation Image Transfer SonyTray exe O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O ... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-not-connecting-to-internet-correctly-or-disconnecting-randomly.648381/
Relevancy 69.66%

Hello a couple of months ago my internet Insight Broadband began to randomly disconnect and reconnect and recently it has become more frequent every - minutes I connect to my internet wirelessly through a linksys router It s not my laptop because our desktop and xbox experience the same frequent disconnects and reconnects I ve tried the dns flush with no success Ive also changed the wireless channel to to prevent any interference Also our linksys router is about years old which could be the cause but i d like to elimate all other possibilities first And finally every time i click diagnose connection I receive reconnecting? Internet connection disconnecting help! and randomly the error quot Your computer appears to be correctly configred but the device or resource DNS server is not responding And just recently our internet has become very slow youtube videos taking longer to buffer with many pauses EDIT I eliminated the possibility of my router itself being at fault as when I plugged my xbox or laptop or desktop directly into the modem the same frequent disconnects and reconnects occured Here s a copy of my ipconfig all Microsoft Windows Version Copyright Internet connection randomly disconnecting and reconnecting? help! c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Patrick gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Patrickscomputr Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Anchorfree HSS Adapter Physical Address -FF-AD- D- - B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R Centrino R WiMAX Physical Address -D -DA- - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R Centrino R Advanced-N AGN Physical Address - - - -B - C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c e Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Tuesday July PM Lease Expires Wednesday July PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - -B -C - -AE- D-EC-EA-DA DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Hamachi Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Hamachi Network Interface Physical Address A- - B-F -FB- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Tuesday July PM Lease Expires Wednesday July PM Default Gateway DHCP Server NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter TO Adapter Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap AD D B- - D A-AA -E C D CB Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap AA EE- F - E -AD - B D C Media... Read more

Relevancy 68.8%

Hey there I m not quite sure if this Computer disconnecting Internet + Solved: Freeze randomly is the correct section to pop this in so I m sorry Solved: Internet randomly disconnecting + Computer Freeze if it is wrong As of the past few weeks possibly long my sisters laptop has started randomly loosing connection to the internet I m honestly not sure how long it has been going on for because my sister usually forgets to tell me there is problems Anyway when quite often when it disconnects it still says it is connected to the wireless network but the laptop itself has no internet connectivity at all and no mater what is done it wont reconnect sometimes it will take multiple restarts for the internet to come back Also when the laptop is turned on sometimes the wireless wont connect instantly sometimes for up to minutes Sometimes the Solved: Internet randomly disconnecting + Computer Freeze laptop will just drop from the wireless then reconnect within a few seconds so thats really not that bad the main problem is when it looses internet and cant get it back Another problem I ve noticed is that windows will stop responding the current window is fine but you cant alt tab cant open new applications cant close application and the laptop has to be force shutdowned I fear that it could be the internet wireless card is completely dead but I hope not The laptop is currently running Windows XP w SP any other details you need please feel free to ask Another thing to throw out is that we do have a bunch of other devices on the wifi including PCs an Xbox and a PS My PC which is also on the network randomly drops quite often but it reconnects pretty quickly which I assume is just due to the router so that does account for some of the wireless issues on the laptop but not the fact the laptop seems to lose the internet and have problems getting it back nbsp

Relevancy 68.8%

Ok, first post here, just need help for this problem. I use a wireless device which connects to my Desktop downstairs, which in turn connects to the router upstairs. All wireless too. So starting about 2 months ago I've been randomly disconnecting when playing games like WoW, and CoH and losing connection on the internet as well. It can't be the router I assume since the laptop upstairs which connects to the same thing never disconnects. I have a D-Link router and a D-link gaming router which connects to the PC. Any help?

A:Computer keeps randomly disconnecting/losing internet connection

woctafu said:

I have a D-Link router and a D-link gaming router which connects to the PC.Click to expand...

Sorry, but do you have 2 routers hooked up? Or is one a misprint and you mean D-link wireless card?
How often are you disconnected? Is it at random or regular?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-keeps-randomly-disconnecting-losing-internet-connection.790681/
Relevancy 67.94%

Hi Thanks in advance for all the help

Anyway, I've had a wireless G Belkin router for a while, and these few months, my MSN (windows live messenger) keeps randomly disconnecting, then reconnecting. It gets pretty frustrating/annoying, it even sometimees doesnt send my messages (IMs) and doesnt recieve the ones my contact sends to me. Also, sometimes when I click on a link, it sometimes wont load.

Thanks for all the help guys.

A:MSN (Windows Live Messenger) randomly disconnecting + internet browser

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/msn-windows-live-messenger-randomly-disconnecting-internet-browser.817430/
Relevancy 56.76%

I am running windows vista and am having a nightmare.
Wireless network adapter keeps disconnecting from my o2 broadband router. I have to restart the wireless network adapter to re connect to sort problem out. This keeps happening and as I am not very good on computers I havent a clue whats wrong.
Its so fustrating would be grateful for any help.
I have updated drivers for the wirelesss network adapter but still having same problems.
I have a laptop that connects to the same network with no problems so my network must be ok.
My desktop pc is under 1 year old so I thought that the wireless network adapter should be ok.

A:Randomly disconnecting PLEASE HELP!!

What brand is the laptop? Do you get proper signal strength?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/randomly-disconnecting-please-help.846868/
Relevancy 55.9%

So I've had a new HP Pavilion G6 for several weeks. In the last three days, every few hours it will randomly disconnect, and won't re-connect unless I restart my computer. The other laptop in the house is not having any problems, so I don't think it's the router. I tried re-installing the WiFi driver but it's still doing it.

In my Events Log I notice that before each disconnect there's an unidentified event with the Intel Wireless as a source: "The description for Event ID 5007 from source NETwNe64 cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer."

I checked previous threads on random disconnects but they all seem to deal with a connection that disconnects every few minutes, not hours.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance for your help!

A:Wireless Randomly Disconnecting

Does your VPN require login details? Are you sure these are correct? Have you double checked the address is correct? Did this work on older versions of windows? Are you sure the remote network is still accepting your connection?

If you are 100% sure your settings are correct and it worked on older versions of windows then try connecting again with an older version of windows and comparing the settings.

I have no problem setting up various VPN's in win 8 with all sorts of different settings.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/18418-wireless-randomly-disconnecting.html
Relevancy 55.9%

I have a belkin n router and every so often my roommates and i get disconnected from the internet. Now when I look at the router, the wireless signal goes off, the modem light flashes and then after awhile, everything goes back to normal. I have comcast internet. We then bought a new modem, didn't fix anything, bought a linksys cisco router, and that kept disconnecting more frequently.

we also changed the channel of our broadcast, have wpa activated, power cycled both modem and router before but didn't solve anything

now is the problem comcast? or is our luck really bad with the two routers we bought? or can it be something else.

thanks.

Relevancy 55.9%

Hiya all I'm getting random internet disconnections while using my laptop wirelessly It started happening a couple of months Wifi disconnecting keeps randomly ago when I was using my laptop in the uni library Since then when using my laptop wirelessly at various places and at home this has happened Since coming back home for the summer I have changed ISP with no difference the issue is still there whatever ISP router Last week I reset my laptop to factory settings but yet its getting worse if not better What happens is no more links open up and I get a yellow exclamation mark on top of the wifi signal indicator There is still a connection to the router however theres no connection to the web afterwards When this happens I can use Wifi keeps randomly disconnecting my PC with no issues at all Heres a screenshot of what comes up on ipconfig when the issue is there http i imgur com K v AQi png The internet sometimes reconnects itself with no intervention sometimes on a restart but I have to wait - mins I see no light changes on both routers ISP's I tested and during the downtime the laptop isn't shown to be connected contrary to the laptop to the router on the router settings page The laptop is running Windows home premium Lenovo Z I just noticed During when the downtime is active these are the attached devices imgur the simple image sharer However when the wifi is working this is the same screen imgur the simple image sharer My phone never disconnects just my laptop which doesn't seem to like wifi thanks in advance

A:Wifi keeps randomly disconnecting

and welcome to the Forum

Lets take a peek at your network environment:

First:

Power Cycle everything . . Turn off the Modem, router and all pc's . . turn on the Modem and wait a few minutes for the lights to stabilize . . then turn on the router, then one pc at a time. See if you connect to the internet.

Then:

Remove all the stored wireless network profiles and search for the network again.

How to Remove Stored Wireless Network Profiles for XP, Vista, and Windows 7

Then: check your browser's settings, remove any proxy settings if found here's how.

Then:

with the pc connected to the router, Click on Start . . Run . . type CMD

At the > prompt type type the following command: IPCONFIG /ALL and press enter.

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter. Come back here and Paste the results in a message.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB drive, or a CD-R disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

then please Download and run this Xirrus WiFi Inspector, click the Networks link on the upper left and paste a screen shot of that screen here. Note that this application requires NET Framework to run. If you get an error about a missing function, download and install NET Framework.

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file. To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/wifi-keeps-randomly-disconnecting-705545.html
Relevancy 55.9%

THERE IS NO CORRECT BOARD, SO I SELECT ANYTHING. I have HP ProBook 470 G2.   I find one problem with USB3 ports.  External hard drives disconnecting and reconnecting. They work fine on PC USB3 When I connect the external hard drive to the new laptop throught USB 3.0 port, it gets randomly disconnecting and reconnecting continuously, even when I am not using it. Also happens if I connect to another usb 3.0 port. Also I have observed that If I connect the external hard drive to a USB 2.0 port instead of an USB 3.0 port all work ok, no randomly disconnection and reconnection occurs. It only happens when I connect it to an USB 3.0   Never have such problem on old HP ProBook 4540S laptop.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-Notebooks/USB-3-0-randomly-disconnecting-and-reconnecting/td-p/5567723
Relevancy 55.9%

I couldn't really give a good title to this thread so I'm gonna explain it here thoroughly I've been using my home WiFi to access the internet for like months from this laptop The problem that occurs is that at any random time during the day I get disconnected from WiFi disconnecting Randomly from the network Now that wouldn't present the problem unless the following occurred every time - when I try to reconnect no matter how many times Randomly disconnecting from WiFi I do I always get the 'Can't connect to this network' without any further explanation The annoying solution that I found is to restart the PC every time and it works but sometimes it's really inconvenient because I may be in a middle of some work for which I needed the internet Oh and forgot to mention when I lose the connection every other device connected to the WiFi works normally still connected to the network no problems so I am positive that it's not about the network it's about my computer I hope someone has an answer to this Thanks in advance

A:Randomly disconnecting from WiFi

"I've been using my home WiFi to access the internet for like 3 months (from this laptop}"

I think we need more information: Is the laptop yours and is it only 3 years old?
--- Is it an older laptop that doesn't have built in W-Fi?
--- Is there an additional wireless router involved?
Does the network adapter driver and/or firmware need to be updated?
Are there any recent incompatible installs/downloads recently such as an "alternate network connector"
Is there anyone else using your home Wi-Fi?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/535196/randomly-disconnecting-from-wifi/
Relevancy 55.9%

Ok, first post here, just need help for this problem. I use a wireless device which connects to my Desktop downstairs, which in turn connects to the router upstairs. All wireless too. So starting about 2 months ago I've been randomly disconnecting when playing games like WoW, and CoH and losing connection on the internet as well. It can't be the router I assume since the laptop upstairs which connects to the same thing never disconnects. I have a D-Link router and a D-link gaming router which connects to the PC. Any help?

A:Network randomly disconnecting

whats your average level of connectivity (ie strong / weak / 1, 2 or 3 bars)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/network-randomly-disconnecting-334934.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Actually i've tried alot of solution to solve the problem .. but as in the title above .. im still facing the same problem ..
the modem router is connecting with the desktop (XP) and my laptop is connecting using wifi .. whenever the desktop is disconnecting , my laptop disconnected also ..
when i try to ping www.google.com.my .. it works fine for a period .. but when the problem is occured, it shows request timed out and a moment later it will shows reply from 192.168.1.1 : destination host unreachable .. and the DSL and internet light will disappear .. this really irritating me for a few days already .. and sorry for the bad english ..

Relevancy 55.47%

The title says it all, the usb ports randomly freeze sometimes for some seconds, but sometimes it freezes totally and I have to switch to other ports to get the mouse and keyboard to work again, I have updated all my drivers and done virus scan with malwarebytes and it hasnt helped.
All the mouse and keyboard light stay activated, they just stop working... It started happening a few weeks ago and I don't know for what reason, freezes occur every 10 minutes or so, and the ones that won't unfreeze every once in an hour..
I'm on windows 8.1.
Thank you in advance
Paulo

A:Windows 8.1 USB ports randomly disconnecting!

If this is a laptop you will only want to do the following on the port which is shutting off as it will use power all the time that the computer is on.

Open the Device Manager and scroll down to Universal Serial Bus controller.

Right click/tap on the first USB Root Hub (there should be several), then click/tap on Properties.

Click/tap on the Power Management tab.

You will see the following option Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.  Remove the check from its' box.

If this is only occurring with one port you will need to see if this resolves the problem.  If it doesn't, replace the check in the power option and try the next root hub and so forth.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/580955/windows-81-usb-ports-randomly-disconnecting/
Relevancy 55.47%

My flatmate has just recently set up wireless. It works perfectly on her laptop but continuously disconnects at random every 7-11 minutes on mine.

I then have to re-enter the network key to reconnect to our wireless network as when it disconnects it returns back to deleting the network key I have entered and checking the automatic key box. It will not connect at all when this box is checked.

Also when I do connect after entering the network key, in the box stating the network I am connected to, in the top right corner it states i am 'not connected' yet under the name of the network I am connected to it states 'you are currently connected to this network'.

A:Solved: Wireless disconnecting randomly

make and model of your PC
make and model of router/modem

I would start by taking off the secruity on the router for wireless - see if you stay connected
next change wireless channel on the router - use 1 or 6 or 11

if you connect tothe router with a cable - does it work OK or still disconnect

On Wireless
if those changes still gives you a probem post back all the following
1) when its working
2) When it disconnects ..

make sure we know which is which on the posts
{ipconfig /all}
We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all

-> Start > run {search bar in Vista} > cmd > ipconfig /all
post back the results here
TWO Methods to do that - if you cannot access the internet with PC, then use method 2 to copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here

Method ONE -------------------------------------------------------------
start > run {search bar in Vista} > cmd > ipconfig /all

rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Method TWO -------------------------------------------------------------

Start> Run {search bar in Vista}> CMD to open a DOS window and type:

IPCONFIG /ALL >C:\RESULT.TXT

Open C:\RESULT.TXT with Notepad and copy/paste the entire results here.

{Ping Tests}
Start> Run {search bar in Vista}> CMD to open a DOS window and type:

Ping google.com
Post back the results

rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping 209.191.93.53
post back results

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wireless-disconnecting-randomly.875690/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hey,
I've got a Microsoft Sidewinder mouse (wired) which I've had for about 2 or so years. Recently, it has started randomly disconnecting and reconnecting. Some of the time, it doesn't automatically reconnect, so I have to unplug the USB connector and replug it back in.

I've tried setting my device settings to not automatically sleep to save power and I've also tried buying a new USB card for my PC, both of which did not work.

What's unusual is that the mouse seems to work on my netbook which, with the other solutions I've tried, leads me to believe it is something to do with settings on my PC rather than hardware.

Does anyone have any insight into why is this happening and how to fix it? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,

A:Mouse Keeps Randomly Disconnecting/Reconnecting

Its probably the fault of the mouse. Once it disconnects, try pushing the wire into either end of the mouse and see if it reconnects.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/297576-mouse-keeps-randomly-disconnecting-reconnecting.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Windows -bit Professional Geforce GTX nvidia drivers Asus VW U inch LCD Ok so randomly my monitor just disconnects Basically I hear the hardware disconnect sound just like removing a usb key and my monitor goes disconnecting with Problem randomly monitor black and it says No signal same as what it would say if the monitor was on but computer was off Restarting the monitor doesn't fix it nor does unplugging and replugging it To fix it I usually click Problem with monitor randomly disconnecting on the sleep button on my computer and let it go to sleep Then I turn the monitor off and at the same time I turn the monitor back on and wake the computer up This usually takes or goes but it gets my monitor working again Sometimes when sleeping waking several times doesn't fix it I have to reboot And even then when the computer is booting up it doesn't always fix Problem with monitor randomly disconnecting the monitor and the monitor still says No signal So I have to reboot several times until the monitor finally gets a signal Does this say anything about what could be causing it I mean the gfx card isn't yet running before windows loads is it Problem with monitor randomly disconnecting Which means it's not the gfx card at fault Or is it Also sometimes when it's having trouble getting signal while booting up it gives the message out of range I've had this problem for ages now on multiple formats and driver versions so I'm guessing it's not software related It happens usually when I'm launching or exiting out of a full sceen game or sometimes even just randomly when I'm doing nothing just browsing web I'm guessing faulty monitor

A:Problem with monitor randomly disconnecting

Sounds like you are suffering a software problem within windows, not so much a problem with the monitor itself.

No signal is no signal, I would actually be tempted to blame the graphics card in the boot post scenario.
Is it possible you can get your hands on another dvi cable to make sure it's not a simple cable issue?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/151580-problem-monitor-randomly-disconnecting.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I have a Dell Truemobile 1300 Wireless adapter. It has been working fine but in the past month or so it has started disconnecting randomly from my wireless network and I have to unplug it from the USB port and plug it back in, in order to see the wireless network again. I read on other threads and it said to update the drivers which I did but i still have the problem. I also don't think I have the corrupted drive file thing (INFACHE or whatever its called) as all my other USB devices worked fine. Anyway, any help in fixing this problem would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for any help.

A:Wirless network randomly disconnecting

Hi penguin

Did you find Vista-compatible drivers for that adapter? The most recent official drivers that I can see from Dell are from March 2004, and of course are Win2k/XP drivers.

Decent adapters can be had for $25 when on sale, should things begin to drive you crazy, it might be worth grabbing a newer adapter. Beats uphill battles.

Other than that -- you can try

1) Download CCleaner --- http://www.download.com/CCleaner/300...-10315544.html
2) Use CCleaner's Cleaning function to clear temp files (which can be troublesome for some installers if things get piled up).
3) With the Dell TrueMobile 1300 USB adapter plugged in, go into Device Manager, and into the Network category, & uninstall it.
4) Should the device still show in the "Safely Remove Hardware" applet in the System Tray, select it, and unplug it. Also unplug it even if it doesn't show in the Safely Remove list.
5) Use CCleaner's "Issues" function to clear tangles from the Registry. Run the Issue function until CCleaner reports "no issues found".
6) If you found a Vista-qualified driver, install it, then plug in the adapter.
7) Since there's been a lot of coming and going, check in the adapter's "Properties" to make sure that it's wireless settings are correctly set. (They'll need to match your network-type - probably "Infrastructure" and not "AdHoc", and probably set to "Mixed" modes if you travel between wireless networks of 802.11a/b/g/&n types).

Best of luck
. . . Gary

P.S. ... we don't recommend the casual use of Registry Cleaners, and only recommend the tools specifically mentioned by a certified technician for a task. Many cleaners cause more trouble than they cure, and some are outright frauds or rogues. CCleaner has won awards for years, and can be used with confidence (it also has built-in "un-do" features as a fail-safe precaution).

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/wirless-network-randomly-disconnecting-218410.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I recently purchased a new desktop computer which had windows 8 pre-installed. I was somewhat enjoying it (hating everything about the changes from windows 7) and then my wifi would disconnect every few minutes. I used windows update and installed all new updates (which takes a long time with random wifi disconnects) and it still had no help. I went to the website of the wifi driver and downloaded + installed the most recent drivers. The disconnects became slightly less frequent.
My computer is an Acer AME600-EB388.

I have googled around quite a bit trying to find a solution but none would work for me. I have checked the power settings and made sure they weren't set to shut off.
Please help me.

A:Windows 8 wifi randomly disconnecting

Have you tried using a different wireless channel? The 2.4ghz frequency can be very crowded in some areas which can cause frequent disconnects unless a clear channel is used.

The Xirrus WiFi inspector is good for scanning the wireless landscape in your area so as to make an informed choice on which channel to use.

If you can post a screen shot of the Xirrus read out here I can take a look at it.
Wi-Fi Inspector | Xirrus

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/17831-windows-8-wifi-randomly-disconnecting.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi I finally got my T460 today and as I'm installing my apps, the internet connection keeps randomly getting disconnected. I have to press on connect yet the signal is strong Help please

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T460-wifi-keeps-disconnecting-randomly/td-p/3327496
Relevancy 55.47%

Maybe it s not so random I m having a problem with my laptop just losing it s connection I am running Vista on it so I wouldn t be suprised if that was the root of the issue It stays connected and functions perfectly when in use but if I leave the computer sit idle network disconnecting?? is randomly My wireless it will eventually disconnect itself and then it won t be able to detect any wireless networks It s almost like the network adapter shuts off or something I then restart the computer and as soon as it boots up it detects my network and connects to it with no probem at all So far I think My wireless network is randomly disconnecting?? it only disconnects when it s not plugged into the charger is on the Power Saver Mode and is sitting idle for a short extended period of time Is there some kind of setting in Vista that is disabling my network adapter Is anyone else having a related issue By the way my laptop My wireless network is randomly disconnecting?? is a Dell and I am My wireless network is randomly disconnecting?? just using the internal wirless adapter the laptop came with I really think it s an issue with Vista not my laptop nbsp

A:My wireless network is randomly disconnecting??

Go into the power management and disable any power saving features of the wireless adapter.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-wireless-network-is-randomly-disconnecting.672970/
Relevancy 55.47%

My wireless network connection keeps disconnecting with no apparent cause. Then it reconnects itself, sometimes almost instantly and other times it takes about 5 minutes. Its done this for as long as I can remember, although it did stop for a short while not long ago leading me to believe it had fixed itself. All the other computers on the network dont seem to have this problem. Its quite annoying as I cant download anything of size as it cuts out half way through or do much else for that matter.

Im using the KLG 530 Wirless PCI Network Adapter.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Relevancy 55.47%

Hello!
I am having a problem since 1 year ago, and i tried every solution to fix this. My problem is the network connection randomly disconnect and reconnect/ or reconnect, if I restart the modem or the Wifi Router. The network isn't disconnect, if the desktop PC is off.
I tried these solutions:
-buy a new network card
-buy a new Wifi router
-ask a new modem from the ISP
-buy new UTP cables instead of all UTP cables
-i format the winchester and reinstall the windows 2 times
I have not more idea, than fix this, but this is a very angrily problem. I fight this since 1 year and nothing can help.
I'm waiting for all idea or solutions, i can try whatever!
Thank you!

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/network-randomly-disconnecting-reconnecting-4607308/
Relevancy 54.61%

So this is kind of an odd issue. My wireless connection (on my desktop only) will randomly disconnect itself from my wireless network, causing me to lose internet for a moment, then reconnect itself automatically. This happens every half an hour or so. It gets incredibly annoying if I'm in something like a skype call, my skype will disconnect and I have to rejoin the call, etc.

The only workaround I've figured out is to disconnect and click the "troubleshoot network issues" button or whatever, which always lets me reconnect instantly, but I disconnect again soon enough.

My router is a linksys AC1900, but I'm pretty sure it's a desktop issue because the internet on my laptop never goes out.

Thanks for any help, and if you need any more details let me know. (computer noob here)
~IcedEclipse

A:Randomly disconnecting from wireless network on my desktop

Hi ... Wireless problems can be caused by many things ... In the Link below there are several different Steps which may Resolve your Issue ...

As you do not think the Router is the issue try the other Steps first ..

Have you tried with the Lan Connection is that stable ? ...

Is your wireless connection dropping?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/356562-randomly-disconnecting-wireless-network-my-desktop.html
Relevancy 54.61%

My wireless connection seems to randomly disconnect, and then imediatly reconnect, dont have any frequency interference that i know of, any idea what would cause this?

i have client lease time set to a long time, so its not that.

A:wireless connection randomly disconnecting/reconnecting

I'm having the same exact issue, no idea what could be causing it right now though. I've tried so many things.

First however you could narrow it down: try running a wired connection briefly and see if the connection still gets interrupted.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-connection-randomly-disconnecting-reconnecting.41152/
Relevancy 54.61%

I bought a Toshiba Canvio USB TB Black about a week ago with the intent of using it for static data storage and system backups But the only big issue I'm having with it is that it keeps randomly disconnecting while copying files and even when it's not doing anything at all I'm in the middle of copying a file and BAM disconnect even though my laptop Randomly Issue /W Canvio Disconnecting Ext. Toshiba HDD hasnt moved at all and the cable is firmly plugged into a powered port And it is extremely sensitive to even the slightest movement Examples someone bumped the leg of a table earlier today just a little bit someone else barely placed their hand on the table a few feet away from me disconnect I had an external Western Digital awhile back Issue /W Toshiba Canvio Ext. HDD Randomly Disconnecting it rarely DCed unless the cable was jarred enough to knock it loose a bit from the port Not nearly as sensitive as what I have now I've tried different cables same issue with all of them I've also ran chkdsk on the drive it checked out fine with no bad sectors etc I know that drivers are included in Windows by default and that external HDDs are typically classified as plug and play I have searched the Toshiba website no drivers available I've also tried looking for rd party alternative drivers solutions etc Windows is fully up to date And I just checked my power settings and found something called quot USB Selective Suspend quot which I'm guessing is where Windows puts a drive to sleep after it's idle for a certain period I disabled that setting so that USB devices dont quot sleep quot I'm not sure exactly what it means just an educated guess is all Right now I'm still waiting to see if the issue resurfaces just need a little advice pointers on what might be causing this A last note the drive has partition on it that fills up everything and that partition is encrypted with TrueCrypt so I have to enter my crypto password every time I connect the drive Just figured I'd mention although I doubt that's the culprit My WD drive was encrypted and never had this issue UPDATE I noticed noone has posted by now so I figured I would add a few things In addition to disabling USB Selective Suspend I also opened up Device Management and checked all my installed USB devices After reading up a bit more I found a Power Management tab in the Properties section for each device driver and noticed an entry there called quot Allow the computer to turn off the device to save power quot I disabled it in each case that it was checked Now the drive seems to disconnect less often and doesnt seem to be quite as sensitive to movement But yet it still sometimes DCs even when I havent touched my laptop the drive the cable or the table that it's sitting on And I've also noticed that sometimes the light on the drive goes off after awhile Is this normal Is it an indicator that it might be quot sleeping quot Or maybe this only happens when stuff isnt being copied moved etc I've also read some complaints with others with similar or identical issues to mine and many of them stated they had the Toshiba Canvio drives SeaGate and WD seem to have much higher ratings One post implied that the connector board inside the shell casing which is separate from the drive itself might be bad It's the piece the drive connects to on the inside of the case I also found a HD enclosure shell on Amazon Amazon com StarTech com in SuperSpeed USB SSD SATA Hard Drive Enclosure Computers amp Accessories I'm thinking that maybe if the board is faulty then I can just pop it inside the enclosure and it will work fine It checks out with excellent SMART readings and no bad sectors so now I'm convinced the issue isnt the drive itself But I can never be too sure Well thanks for any help EDIT Well it's been over a day now Noone has anything to say

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/31667-issue-w-toshiba-canvio-ext-hdd-randomly-disconnecting.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I have a problem with mapped network drives in my organization About a week ago our helpdesk started reporting calls from users saying their mapped drives said they disconnecting randomly drives network Mapped were disconnected At that time it was only a few people at another site that were Mapped network drives randomly disconnecting experiencing this This week we ve been seeing it happening at all sites The strange thing is sometimes the drive will be marked as Mapped network drives randomly disconnecting disconnected but upon clicking it it opens up Other times it says access is denied A temporary fix we ve been using is to delete all local profiles on the machines that have been experiencing this I m wondering if this is an issue with the user profiles that s somehow preventing the drives from mapping or if it s an issue with the permissions I m reluctant to think it s a permission issue since prior to a week ago all drives were mapping normally All machines are running xp pro Thanks in advance for the help nbsp

A:Mapped network drives randomly disconnecting

I'd check offline files and make sure that it and "offline synchronization" are disabled.

I've experienced this as well, and so far my best guess has been with the offline files feature.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mapped-network-drives-randomly-disconnecting.374529/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi,
I am having a really annoying problem with my internet connection.

Randomly, but it seems after quite a few hours, I loose all connection out of my PC. No internet, email etc. I cannot even ping my modem (connected via network, cat5). Repairing doesn't work and I have to reboot to get the connection back.
Is there anything that I can do to stop this or at least start trying to hunt the problem down.
I have Vista home premium, windows live mail, zone alarms, avg anti virus, skype and DAP installed (and more but I'm thinking these my be the main ones that could affect problem).
Any help would be great

A:Vista PC randomly disconnecting from modem, needs reboot

Are you using an on-board NIC (network connection on the motherboard) or a PCI NIC? (a network card installed into a motherboard slot)

Remove Zone Alarm and see if the problem stops

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/vista-pc-randomly-disconnecting-from-modem-needs-reboot.97553/
Relevancy 54.18%

I have a 1TB external storage drive that uses its own power supply and connects to my laptop via USB 2.0 cable. For months I've had absolutely no problem out of the device, until the computer randomly decided to forget the device was plugged in. Now I'm lucky to get the device to be recognized by the computer at all, and when it is recognized, if I try to move anything to/from the device, the connection is immediately severed from the computer.

I use this device for my backup as well as holding on to things I would rather not get rid of. All my drivers are up to date, I've done all the Power Management checking and unchecking that I've read from other threads found via Google search, and still it won't work correctly for me. Any advice?

A:Self-Powered External Storage not recognized/randomly disconnecting

Providing you have done all the power options to attack the problem from the OS end of things, then you must consider that the drive itself is the problem. This seems likely since the drive has worked fine in the past.

The first suspect would be the USB cable, the connector on either end, or the port on either end.

The second suspect would be the hard drives power supply. These do go bad. If it is not supplying proper power then the drive will fail to be recognized correctly.

Try the drive on another computer. If it exhibits the same behavior there then you can narrow it down to one of the two issues above.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/219672-self-powered-external-storage-not-recognized-randomly-disconnecting.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hey,
My desktop is connected to my router via cable. And it randomly gets disconnected from time to time. I've tried re-installing drivers. I get the red X on my network icon in the taskbar, which usually happens when a cable is unplugged. I fixes it self after a minute or 2, its never longer than 1 minute, usually 10-15 seconds, and it happens ever 10-15 minutes.

My wifi works fine, and I have a vonage box connected to my main router which works fine too. It's just my desktop. I've tried different ports, same problem.

I'm heading home in a few hours and I've picked up a new 5 meter cable to check with.

What else could be the problem if the new cable doesn't fix it.

My network adapter is the on baord one on the Asus Maximus Formula.

Thanks.

A:Network randomly disconnecting. Wifi works fine.

Seems to be something wrong within the cable or could be the network card within your pc? Did you try the cable on any other pc or that?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/269535-network-randomly-disconnecting-wifi-works-fine.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Ok this has been happening for a few weeks now with the connection either being slow or just displaying a yellow Constantly and internet from (no access) disconnecting internet slow triangle saying limited access and no internet access Constantly slow and disconnecting from internet (no internet access) Getting pretty Constantly slow and disconnecting from internet (no internet access) desperate and running out of ideas now so need to ask here Basically we switched ISPs after about a month of no internet our old modem was from ish and it was just a standard modem where you plug in a wireless router into it and it worked fine Now we have a wireless modem hub which we were using when I noticed my laptop started having these issues The other laptop phones tablets and PS connect fine and maintain connection So I decided to try connecting up our router and using that Cisco Linksys E which actually performs better anyway however the problem persists I did a complete reinstall of Windows bit HP thinking it would solve the problem I was planning on reinstalling anyway to speed it up but it made no difference Updated the drivers for the wifi card Atheros AR to the latest version Nothing I've googled and tried a bunch of things including disabling ipv ROUTE DELETE and resetting to disabling DHCP in ipv Right now in Device manager I'm also seeing a quot Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface quot which I've just noticed on this startup It has a yellow triangle on it and says cannot start code in properties So basically every so often the connection will either be slow or just won't start at all and on some boots of the system it'll just be stuck on quot Identifying quot for like seconds before becoming an quot Unidentified Network quot with the bench icon despite it being the same connection as the home connection I have Oddly enough right now it's working fine with full white bars in the bottom right and is fast but more often than not itll be doing the above I'll post a screencap of my ipconfig all anyway as it is Also for the record I don't have McAfee or bonjour installed I saw these were common culprits with this problem too Also tried disabling Avast and Windows Firewall and right now my router has security disabled and no MAC address filter It's fine for other devices like I said

A:Constantly slow and disconnecting from internet (no internet access)

Aaron mate some system specs please
System Info - See Your System Specs

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/329875-constantly-slow-disconnecting-internet-no-internet-access.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I have routers set up my internet randomly randomly loses regains connection First router is connected to modem that s an Actiontec router that s wireless Second router is a D-link DI wireless router All up, Have internet set my connection 2 routers loses/regains randomly randomly the computers are connected quot Wired quot only wireless devices are the laptop which is connected wireless to Router and Wii which is connected wireless Have 2 routers set up, my internet randomly randomly loses/regains connection to Router Router is a brand new router btw and I upgraded the firmware on it So here s how my connection is setup Internet gt Modem gt Router gt Router gt This computer If I simply directly connect this computer to Router instead of connecting it to Router the disconnections doesn t happen Now at first I had only one router I installed a second router by simply shutting off comp plugging a network cable from router to router then simply plugging an additional cable from router to my computer I am not sure if I set up routers correctly but all I know is that it works fine quot sometimes quot the wireless connection from the second router always seems to work but the wired connection from Router to this comp The intervals varies some days it may be minutes between each disconnection and reconnection which isn t too annoying some days it may be seconds extremely annoying Sometimes the disconnections do not happen at all Here s what I ve tried I ve tried rebooting the router doesn t fix problem Restarting computer doesn t fix problem either I tried the quot windows repair network quot thing on quot Network connections quot do anything Tried disable and renable network What I know is that the problem could be one of the following Router could be defective though the wireless connection on Router works fine The ethernet cable between Router and my computer could also be defective Do faulty ethernet network cables randomly quot lose and regain quot connection The ethernet cable is new and is only feet long it s CAT Unfortunately I don t have a spare ethernet cable but if anyone knows if Ethernet cable could be the problem Maybe wrong setup settings Are there any settings that may fix the quot lose connection and then regain connection quot problem nbsp

A:Have 2 routers set up, my internet randomly randomly loses/regains connection

Some things you can try here.
Change the channel on the router, I like channels 1, 6, and 11 in the US.
Update the firmware to the latest version available on the manufacturer's site.
Reset the router to factory defaults and reconfigure.

Many times these measures will resolve a lot of intermittent issues.

For multiple routers, I also suggest this configuration.

Connecting two (or more) SOHO broadband routers together.

Note: The "primary" router can be an actual router, a software gateway like Microsoft Internet Connection Sharing, or a server connection that has the capability to supply more than one IP address using DHCP server capability. No changes are made to the primary "router" configuration.

Configure the IP address of the secondary router(s) to be in the same subnet as the primary router, but out of the range of the DHCP server in the primary router. For instance DHCP server addresses 192.168.0.2 through 192.168.0.100, I'd assign the secondary router 192.168.0.254 as it's IP address, 192.168.0.253 for another router, etc.

Note: Do this first, as you will have to reboot the computer to connect to the router again for the remaining changes.

Disable the DHCP server in the secondary router.

Setup the wireless section just the way you would if it was the primary router, channels, encryption, etc.

Connect from the primary router's LAN port to one of the LAN ports on the secondary router. If there is no uplink port and neither of the routers have auto-sensing ports, use a cross-over cable. Leave the WAN port unconnected!

This procedure bypasses the routing function (NAT layer) and configures the router as a switch (or wireless access point for wireless routers).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/have-2-routers-set-up-my-internet-randomly-randomly-loses-regains-connection.707341/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hey guys,

I've been getting this problem quite a lot recently. My computer would randomly disconnect from the internet. When I go to diagnose it, it would say either "default gateway is not available" or "network adapter is disabled" or "reset the local area connection adapter". I try to fix this with a restart, but more often than not, it would BSOD with a 9F code. After restarting, the networking would work again for some time before repeating the cycle.

Any guesses? Thanks.

*could this be a sign my network chip/motherboard is starting to die?

A:randomly disconnecting "default gateway is not available"

Hello,

Is this a wired or wireless issue?

Can you please give us some more detail info and also output? Follow the guidelines here. Thanks.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/318082-randomly-disconnecting-default-gateway-not-available.html
Relevancy 47.73%

My internet keeps disconnecting randomly and then reconnects two to four minutes later. It's very annoying for playing games online. Any ideas?

Here are my computer specs, just in case.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...02&lc=en&cc=sk&lang=sk&product=3660335&dlc=sk

The internet goes from our tobisha cable modem pcx2200 to our netgear wireless router wgt624 to our computer.

please help!

A:Internet keeps disconnecting

Please supply the following info, exact make and models of the equipment please.

What country are you located in.
Name of your ISP (Internet Service Provider).
What is the expected Upstream/Downstream speed for your ISP Connection?
Make and exact model of the broadband modem.
Make and exact model and hardware version of the router (if a separate unit).
Model numbers can usually be obtained from the label on the device.
Connection type, wired or wireless.
If wireless, encryption used, (none, WEP, WPA, or WPA2)
Make and model of your computer.
Version and patch level of Windows on all affected machines, i.e. XP-Home (or XP-Pro), SP1-SP2, Vista, etc.
The Internet Browser in use, IE, Firefox, Opera, etc.

Please give an exact description of your problem symptoms, including the exact text of any error messages.

If you're using a wireless connection, have you tried a direct connection with a cable to see if that changes the symptoms?

If there are other computers on the same network, are they experiencing the same issue, or do they function normally?

On any affected computer, I'd also like to see this:

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD to open a command prompt:

Type the following commands:

PING 216.109.112.135

PING yahoo.com

NBTSTAT -n

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-keeps-disconnecting.722493/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi all I have a Dell Vostro Have Windows Am using a router to connect wirelessly to internet and have a Dell Lan Mini card While surfing the net my Pc s connection suddenly cuts off and i have to disable and Internet keeps disconnecting enable the wlan card to restore the connectivity it happens randomly but at-least once in hrs I have this software Soluto recommeded by howtogeek com which shows which hardware u r have problems with Internet keeps disconnecting it said i had problems with DW WLAN Card Utility when i open it and do the diagnostics it says Internet IP Ping test has failed but i am not sure if thats affecting my connection My ipconfig all results as below Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved Windows IP Configuration Host Name Professor Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address -E - -C - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Dell Wireless WLAN Mini-Card Physical Address -E - -C - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe dcc e e Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained April Lease Expires April Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - F-FC- -F - D-A - A-B -F DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address F - D-A - A-B -F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap E B FE- - -A F- BA BD C Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap B F -DFD - -BDB - FF AFCB D Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap A B D - BCE- F -A E -F C FE C Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address ef fb e f fffc Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe e f fffc Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Plz help asap nbsp

Relevancy 47.73%

Hello guys my name is Lazybone and I need help. Alright the problem is that my internet disconnects every like 1-2 hours. I search for solutions but they said to go device manager, then uninstall the network adapter and then scan for hardware changes. Then it will work. I tried that but it didn't work. Can someone help me?

A:Internet Keeps Disconnecting.

Hi can you give some more info on how your connected wired or wireless,the make and model of your computer,laptop or desktop,if custom built the make and model of the mother board,if wireless the make and model of the card, any info may help someone here help you

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/internet-keeps-disconnecting-451537.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Dear Techguy and Fellow tech users I have a major and big problem occruing Yesterday my internet was working fine then suddenly it just stopped I refreshed the net unpluging the modem in and out and it worked for the first mintues After the Internet!!!!!! Please Disconnecting Help mintues it just went to Page Cannot Be Displayed I tried everything and rung my internet provider on there end of there line my internet connection was fine I disbaled my fire wall and checked all my settings I tried everything I have a direct internet connection from the modem into my computer Luckily i had computers I unplugged my main one and plugged my second one im using right now It works perfectly fine with my nd one as fast as usual I tried again with Please Help Internet!!!!!! Disconnecting my st main computer and it works for the first mins then disconnects Here are some screen shots of the stuff Please help I beg u Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 47.73%

Yeah I have a problem with my laptop it keeps disconnecting then will reconnect randomly between and mins later During this quot down time quot I try many things to get the internet back on and none of the attempts at solving the problem ever work reseting the router repairing the IP address etc I use the windows messenger troubleshooter and it says the problem is my DNS I have tried multiple settings with my DNS none of them working so disconnecting... DNS? Internet keeps far OpenDNS being one I use my laptop as a bridge between the router and my xbox so I don t have to purchase the wireless adaptor for the xbox I m poor and it is really Internet keeps disconnecting... DNS? annoying when the internet goes off when I am in the middle of a game race fight online Does anyone have any suggestions as to what the problem may be and how I could resolve it If you do you re the best nbsp

Relevancy 47.73%

Im having this problem when ever I turn on/off my laptop the internet disconnects and resets itsself.
It doesnt happen to any other Computer or Console's like Xbox or Ps3 when I turn them on.

My internet also disconnects every 5m-1hr and I dont know why its happening. The ASDL light goes off constantly.

Any help? -G-

Relevancy 47.73%

Okey, Hello guys, this seems decent forums to ask for help...

Im using portatable Modem Huawei something ( not important )
Stable 4g internet, fast and lovely.
My problem is that my internet connection just randomly disconnects for maybe a minute or 2 and reconnects, sometimes, but very rarely it doesnt disconnect but pops up this on network. Trouble shooting shows me that win cant connect to DNS server. It happens very often when im downloading/uploading torrents, lil less often when playing Games like League of Legends. THis can happen maybe twice a day, or even twice in 10minutes. Ive reinstalled windows, doesnt help, ive used 2 diferent modems, doesnt help, So i have no idea where to go on from here. Im certain it has trouble uploading data... I would really like to have help with this as on some other forums, nobody even tries to help. Ask me for more info or anything i can supply you with.

A:Internet Disconnecting

Open Device Manager, expand Network Adapters. Post a screen capture here.

Do the following twice. Once when all is working correctly. Capture data and save.
Do again when it's not working. Post both results in a reply here.

Open a Elevated Command Prompt:

Press WIN + X to open Start context menu.
Select Command Prompt (Admin)​.

Paste the following into the Command Prompt window, exactly as shown, including double quotes:

cmd /c "ipconfig /all > postme.txt & ping yahoo.com >> postme.txt & reg query "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings" | find /i "proxy" >> postme.txt & notepad postme.txt & del postme.txt"

and press ENTER.

A file will open in Notepad. Please copy and paste the contents here. Close the Notepad window and the file will be deleted and the Command Prompt window will also close. Post results in a reply here.

http://www.pchelpforum.com/windows-8-a/126688-internet-disconnecting.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hello I am here to see if anyone can help me with my internet problem. Ever since I got pc-cillin 2006 security, at around 1-2AM in the morning I lose my internet connection. I know this because I leave my AIM name on and come back in the morning and it says "Connection lost. Check your internet connection." And also the internet doesn't work. This happens EVERY night. Around the same time. I checked my linksys router settings, and it says its running 24 hours a day all day every day. I checked my pc-cillin security and it does not say anything about that... If any of you guys have had problems like this, or could possibly help, I would be GREATLY appreciated

A:Internet disconnecting

What happens if you disable it?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-disconnecting.495071/
Relevancy 47.73%

I recently moved to Tabor City North Carolina, and when I had my Internet installed it was okay, but now the Internet gets disconnected, the whole router doesn't go off but just the WLAN, and Internet lights do. What can I do to stop this?

Please supply the following info, exact make and models of the equipment please.

Make and exact model and hardware version of any other network equipment, like a repeater, a booster, hi-gain antenna, etc.
Version and patch level of Windows on all affected machines, i.e. XP (Home or Pro), SP1-SP2-SP3, Vista (Home, Business, Ultimate), etc.

Please give an exact description of your problem symptoms, including the exact text of any error messages.

Have you tried to do a system restore to before the problem occurred?
If you're using a wireless connection, have you tried a direct connection with a cable to see if that changes the symptoms?
For wireless issues, have you disabled all encryption on the router to see if you can connect that way?
For wireless connection issues, have you removed all the stored wireless network profiles and then searched for the network?
For wireless laptops, have you made SURE the wireless switch is on?
For wired connection issues, have you booted in Safe Mode with Networking to see if that changes the symptoms?
Have you connected directly to the broadband modem to see if this is a router or modem/ISP issue?
If there are other computers on the same network, are they experiencing the same issue, or do they function normally?

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD (COMMAND for W98/WME) to open a command prompt:

Type the following commands on separate lines, following each one with the Enter key:

PING 74.125.45.100

PING yahoo.com

NBTSTAT -n

IPCONFIG /ALL

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-keeps-disconnecting.955521/
Relevancy 47.73%

hi my internet keeps disconnecting and i have to unplug and replug my router for it to work again

i am currently using Linksys WRT54GS

i have attached a log file

View attachment hijackthis.log

Relevancy 47.73%

It seems like my internet connection constantly disconnects and I have to restart my computer to get it to work again. I don't think its the internet connection because I've lived in 4 different apartments and this has happened. I'm having to restart my computer at least 4 times a day.

I live in Mexico if that's of any help.

Another thing I wanted to add is that it especially happens when I do something that is 'internet intensive' such as youtube or when I am using skype or msn video call.

A:Why does my internet keep disconnecting

Sounds like a driver issue with the network card. Try updating the drivers. Also check your BIOS setting and power settings to ensure that you have not told the computer to disable power to the network card to save power. These settings can sometimes confuse the network driver. Disabling these power setting and or a new network driver may solve the problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/why-does-my-internet-keep-disconnecting.1078443/
Relevancy 47.73%

i don't know if this is the right place to post this but i wasent sure where to.

i today purchased windows 7 ultimate 64bit and for some reason every 5 minutes if i am lucky my net cuts off.. i know its not the isp fault because i have a ps3 and two other lap tops and any other system even my nokia n97 connects fine and doesent have this problem..

im not sure what i did wrong, does anyone know how to fix this or has had this problem?

A:disconnecting internet

Quote: Originally Posted by paliometoxo

i don't know if this is the right place to post this but i wasent sure where to.

i today purchased windows 7 ultimate 64bit and for some reason every 5 minutes if i am lucky my net cuts off.. i know its not the isp fault because i have a ps3 and two other lap tops and any other system even my nokia n97 connects fine and doesent have this problem..

im not sure what i did wrong, does anyone know how to fix this or has had this problem?

Click on the network icon, bottom right, and then troubleshoot. If that does not work, go to search, type, cmd then ipconfig and give us a screen shot.

Did you do a clean install of Windows?
Did you download or buy a retail DVD?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/42400-disconnecting-internet.html
Relevancy 47.73%

help guys my net keeps disconnecting... I am on Talk Talk ISP..

previously i had a netgear router and my internet kept disconnecting so i bought a belking router and still the same thing, the adsl keeps disconnecting. both the routers were adsl wirless modems.

the internet disconnects every 1 hour or so and sometimes even within 10 20 minutes. i have also tried changing the filter and changing the ethernet and dsl line but still no luck.

please help

A:Internet Keeps disconnecting

Probably a problem with either your interior wiring, or more likely, the ISP.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-keeps-disconnecting.887812/
Relevancy 47.73%

well my internet keeps on disconnectng , i phoned my isp like a million times , and they keep on saying its my router lol , im getting sick and tired of it . Could the problem really be with my router? My router is an linksys wrt54gl .

A:My internet keeps on disconnecting

Unplug router from wall and computer and shut both the computer and router off.
Then plug router back in and hook up computer and re-boot.
I had to do this with mine and it worked for me.
Post back and let us know how you are doing.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/126728-my-internet-keeps-disconnecting.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi recently my internet has been causing me problems I never had any real issues with it till i bought a new laptop I noticed every once in awhile my laptop would disconnect from the internet while our other computers where fine My laptop does Internet Disconnecting have windows and i figured with many ppl telling me it was an old router not suited for windows or vista Which makes sense since it is proly - year old router Just recently though ive had major issues just Internet Disconnecting with laptop itll disconnect from internet and when i refresh for connections itll show me a bunch So when i connect to our wireless connection it will say strength is excellent but has lil exclemation mark over the internet bars saying no internet access I had to reset my whole internet for linksys Internet Disconnecting and eventually got it working again but it still likes to disconnect off and on While ever other computer is fine its only my laptop that does it Could it be the router or perhaps my laptop money issues why i have not bought new router yet to see Also i cant troubleshoot since Microsoft support diagnostics keeps asking for passkey and i never got one ty Additional info Acer laptop Aspire Linksys Router Wireless internet Windows nbsp

Relevancy 47.73%

Hello,

I got a new windows 8 laptop and I started having a problem that the internet keeps getting lost. To get it back, I disable all of the network adapters and re-enable them.

I don't know what info you might need, so just tell me what you need and I will be happy to give that info to you.

Maxwell.

A:Internet keeps disconnecting.

did you run the check and repair ,right click on the network icon in the lower right corner and choose trouble shoot problem or run repair ,what ever option you get when you right click

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/21294-internet-keeps-disconnecting.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Ok here's whats happening. I have my computer downstairs connected from the routher via cable to the telephone line. My new computer upstairs connects to the network via a built in BelKin Wireless G Desktop Card. The computer finds and connects to the network fine. But randomly whenever it whats disconnects from the internet, but still stays connected with the network.

I have watched the status of the internet speed for a while and what happens is it goes from 35 m/s to 18 m/s to 11 m/s to 5.5 m/s then 1 m/s then the internet goes.

Please i need all the help i can get.

Relevancy 47.73%

Hello I am having an internet connection issue disconnecting pc 1 keeps from internet with one of my home pc's I use DSL have pc's in the home and a router The other pc's are perfectly fine and have no internet connection issues The pc in question is running Windows XP SP I use Ventrilo for communications and play video games on this 1 pc keeps disconnecting from internet pc Usually between minutes and hours my ventrilo connection and video game connection will all disconnect at the same time I try many things to re-establish the connection but all fail When I try ipconfig renew I receive a message stating the DHCP 1 pc keeps disconnecting from internet server is unavailable Rebooting always fixes the problem I've used PC Doctor to do a test of my network card and it passes I have removed my network connections and allowed Windows to auto detect them I have defrag'd my hard drive updated Windows etc I have ensured the network card does not use any power save option nor does my pc My anti-virus software Norton expired on but I still use it and it detects no problems I created a HijackThis report which is below Any assistance would be appreciated Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe C windows system hpsysdrv exe C WINDOWS System hphmon exe C HP KBD KBD EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C WINDOWS LTMSG exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe C Program Files Multimedia Card Reader shwicon k exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C WINDOWS ehome ehSched exe c Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center SymWSC exe c Program Files Norton AntiVirus SAVScan exe C WINDOWS ehome ehmsas exe C Program Files Ventrilo Ventrilo exe C PROGRA Symantec LIVEUP LUCOMS EXE C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http us hpwis com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http srch-us hpwis com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http srch-us hpwis com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http srch-us hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http srch-us hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localhost O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - c Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar HP View - B E - D D- DEB- B - D BCF F - no file O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - c Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - HKLM Run ehTray C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe O - HKLM Run hpsysdrv c windows system hpsysdrv exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS System hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run HPHUPD c Program Files HP B B-DCAB- - EE - F hphupd exe O - HKLM Run HPHmon C WINDOWS Sy... Read more

A:1 pc keeps disconnecting from internet

no replies? Any suggestions would be appreciated

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/1-pc-keeps-disconnecting-from-internet-265689.html
Relevancy 47.73%

My internet connection keeps cutting out even after refreshing my computer. It appears to be a driver issue, but I have the latest driver for my product from the HP website.

A:My internet keeps on disconnecting

Hi: What model wireless network adapter does your notebook have? There may be a newer driver available from a HP business notebook with the same wifi adapter. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/My-internet-keeps-on-disconnecting/td-p/5763051
Relevancy 47.73%

Ok this might be quite long because it s quite complicated So here s the deal Connected to my router I ve got a PC downstairs a ps downstairs and this PC upstairs the one with the problem There all wired connections but this upstairs PC just keeps disconnecting randomly for no reason that i can figure out sometimes in reconnects itself within a few seconds sometimes its goes to limited keeps My Internet disconnecting. or no connectivity and other times i have to My Internet keeps disconnecting. pull the ethernet cable out an put it back in Everything was fine My Internet keeps disconnecting. until I formatted a week My Internet keeps disconnecting. or so ago and now i have this problem The PC downstairs is fine an doesn t have any problems same with the ps So I figure the router is working If I use the same ethernet cable from this upstairs PC and use it for my it works fine and that doesn t disconnect So I figure its not the cable If I use the other network card on this PC it still has the same problem So I figure it s not the network card I m not an expert but I think it s something to do with this PC like the settings or something I don t have a clue how to fix it but it s driving me up the wall So please if anyone with a bit more knowledge than I have can help it would be great Plus if anyone wants more details please let me know Thanks in advance nbsp

A:My Internet keeps disconnecting.

Well, lots of prose, but no actual technical details.

Version and patch level of Windows on all affected machines, i.e. XP (Home or Pro), SP1-SP2-SP3, Vista (Home, Business, Ultimate), etc.

For wireless issues, have you disabled all encryption on the router to see if you can connect that way?
Have you connected directly to the broadband modem to see if this is a router or modem/ISP issue?

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD (COMMAND for W98/WME) to open a command prompt:

Type the following commands on separate lines, following each one with the Enter key:

PING 206.190.60.37

PING yahoo.com

NBTSTAT -n

IPCONFIG /ALL

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-internet-keeps-disconnecting.824603/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi I am from England and I use BT as my ISP but frequently my internet drops connection I have lights on my router called power dsl internet ether net my DSL internet light turn off completely for a X amoutn of time random usually then turn on again especially during gaming which they do it more often such as CS etc etc Now I did alot of research and tried alot of things all of which didn t work I called my ISP times times they said they was a fault and it d be fixed next day but yeah it wasn t I ve tried the test socket in my house new wires microfilters mtu settings list goes on I m thinking it may be my router as thats all thats really left I mean when i touch it it s hot and makes a noise when I turn it on I m not entirely sure and I m not a internet pc wiz so help much appreciated I m not sure what else to say so tell me what you need and I ll happily tell you Thank you in advance nbsp

Relevancy 47.73%

My Internet keeps disconnecting after like a few hours get annoying before it didn't do that

i have a DI-634M SuperG MIMO Router
Connected by ethernet
ISP: Alameda Power and Telecom
and four other computer including this one use this router two wireless and two ethernet

Info on Package:

AlamedaNET Basic

High-Speed Cable Access

* 5 Email Accounts
* 5 Mb of Web Space
* 1 Dynamic IP
* 128 Kbps Upload*
* 3 Mbps Download*

Relevancy 47.73%

Aright so latley My internet hasnt been working and what I mean by that is that it will periodically Time out. aaand what I mean by that is randomly my internet will disconnect and give me that "Were sorry but the internet page your trying to reach is currently unavailable" (or something to that extent)

Can someone please post some trouble shooting Measures I should try?

I have Internet Explorer 7 btw.

THanks in advance!
:D

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/162193/my-internet-keeps-disconnecting/
Relevancy 47.73%

I have Toshiba Satellite L15W-B that is running Windows 8 and the internet connection keeps disconnecting. This happens on multiple networks and I am not having the same problem with any other devices that are connected to the same wi-fi network. The device will either completely disconnect or say "limited" but, either way, I am not able to access the internet. I can usually reconnect although sometimes it says "cannot connect to this network" but if I turn my wi-fi off then on again it usually fixes the problem. At first, this only happened every once in a while but it is starting to occur more and more frequently (currently this happens several times an hour) and the situation is passing from annoying to extremely frustrating. Thanks in advance for any help!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-keeps-disconnecting.1167382/
Relevancy 47.73%

Recently I've been having a problem with my internet.
The thing is, a message pops up and tells me my internet has disconnected but nothing seems to be wrong. The page refreshes itself immediately and I'm ok again. I asked my friend about this and she said that her sister had the same problem when she got a virus. This really isn't that serious of a problem but I have to do some online tests for university soon and I don't want to have my internet disconnect on me at that time. We only get 3 chances to do the test and everytime I disconnect or refresh the page, I will lose one of my chances. That will put me at a real disadvantage...

Can somebody help me? I can put up a log if needed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-keeps-disconnecting-itself.860136/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hey Guys.

I recently bought a WRK54G Linksys Router and setting up was a breeze. Now im using a TRENDnet PCI Adapter to catch the signal, and that works fairly well too. I get Good - Excellent Signal using it, which is great. But im having one problem...even though my signal strength is from Good - Excellent...my computer will all of a sudden pop up and say "One or More Wireless Networks Are Available"...so then I have to click on it and click "Connect" everytime, which is pretty annoying because I want my Wireless Internet to connect on its own, without me having to click "Connect".

Any suggestions?
Thanks

Relevancy 47.73%

Hi I am on fiber and just recently my internet connection keeps disconnecting. When I check my network connections it says that I am connected but I still cant get on the internet. I haven't installed any new programs and have run multiple virus and spyware scans. The only thing that works is to unplug the cable and plug it back in but 10 or 15 minutes later it will stop working again. I cant figure out if this is a virus or maybe I need a new NIC.

I posted this in the web and email and then realized i should have posted it here

Relevancy 47.73%

Hey guys,

I just got a new Acer Aspire 5570Z and I managed to get on the internet. However, the internet is really slow, laggy and disconnects rather often. I have limited Ipv6 access, but otherwise, everything seems normal. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The name of your ISP and country of residence.
Make/model of the broadband modem. If dial-up, please specify.
Make/model of the router (if any).
Connection type, wired, wireless.
If wireless, encryption used, (WEP, WPA, WPA2, etc.)
Make/model of network card or wireless adapter.
Make/model of your computer (motherboard if home-built).
Version and patch level of Windows on all affected machines, i.e. XP-Home (or XP-Pro), SP2.

Also, please give an exact description of your problem symptoms, including the exact text of any error messages.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-disconnecting.619616/
Relevancy 47.73%

my internet works fine but after a few - mins surfing disconnects when i restart my computer it works fine for another - mins before disconnecting i have ran adaware sybot and avg more all found nothing and have tried doing a system restore but this wouldnt complete properlyi have ran dds but am unsure what to do with it please could somebody helpDDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by mick at on Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium GMT AV AVG internet disconnecting Anti-Virus Free On-access scanning enabled Outdated FW ZoneAlarm Firewall enabled Running Processes C Windows system wininit exeC Windows system lsm exeC Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunchC Windows system nvvsvc exeC Windows system svchost exe -k rpcssC Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcsC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestrictedC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestrictedC Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcsC Windows system SLsvc exeC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceC Windows system rundll exeC Windows system svchost internet disconnecting exe -k NetworkServiceC Windows System ZoneLabs vsmon exeC Windows System spoolsv exeC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetworkC Windows system taskeng exeC Windows system Dwm exeC Windows Explorer EXEC Program Files a-squared Free a service exeC Program Files Google Update GoogleUpdate exeC Windows system taskeng exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files AskBarDis bar bin AskService exeC Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exeC Windows RtHDVCpl exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgtray exeC Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exeC Program Files McAfee SiteAdvisor McSACore exeC Windows system PSIService exeC Program Files internet disconnecting Common Files Roxio Shared SharedCOM RoxWatch exeC Windows system rundll exeC Windows System rundll exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgnsx exeC Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exeC Program Files SiteAdvisor Uninstall exeC Windows ehome ehtray exeC Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exeC Program Files Logitech SetPoint SetPoint exeC Windows ehome ehmsas exeC Program Files Spyware Terminator sp rsser exeC Program Files Common Files Logishrd KHAL KHALMNPR EXEC Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvcC Windows System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroupC Windows system SearchIndexer exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Program Files Yahoo SoftwareUpdate YahooAUService exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgemc exeC Windows system WUDFHost exeC Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDWinSec exeC Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exeC Windows System mobsync exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exeC Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exeC Windows system SearchProtocolHost exeC Windows system SearchFilterHost exeC Windows system DllHost exeC Windows system DllHost exeC Users mick Downloads dds scrC Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp hotmail com uWindow Title Internet Explorer Provided By Sky BroadbanduDefault Page URL hxxp www sky comuInternet Settings ProxyOverride localuSearchURL Default hxxp uk search yahoo com search fr mcafee amp p suURLSearchHooks Yahoo Toolbar ef bd -c fb- d - f- d f - c program files yahoo companion installs cpn yt dllBHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper d -c f - efb- b - eca - c program files yahoo companion installs cpn yt dllBHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dllBHO AskBar BHO f d - - d - c -aa e ed - c program files askbardis bar bin askBar dllBHO AVG Safe Search ca f - f e- b -a e- e e c c - c program files avg avg avgssie dllBHO a af-f - ed - a- fd d d - No FileBHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper bb-d f - c-b eb-d daf d d - c program files java jre bin ssv dllBHO E ... Read more

A:internet disconnecting

ello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.comDDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERER,K

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/222418/internet-disconnecting/
Relevancy 47.73%

For some odd reason, my internet tends to disconnect every time at 3:00 AM. After it disconnects, it comes right back. This becomes a big hassle after a while. Sometimes there are repeated disconnections through the day and it becomes very frustrating, but it ALWAYS disconnects at 3:00 for some reason. I have DSL and I'm using a netgear modem. Is there any way to fix this?

Have you contacted your ISP to ask if they are doing something with their servers or software at that time?
Do you have anything on your computer that is scheduled to run automatically at that time?
Regards,
John

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/125631/internet-disconnecting/
Relevancy 47.73%

I have a Windows 2000 Professional Computer.
My internet always zaps out at a certain time - always 2:00 PM (est).
I have three computers connected to the same network and they run fine.
My ISP is BellSouth Inc.
My service is ADSL connection
My speed is 3.14 Mbps.
The computer is on limited rights so I have no access to administrative options.
What do I do!?
Is there a setting with the LAN card?
Please some one HELP! I am sick of restarting my computer everytime at the time it disconnects...

Relevancy 47.73%

My sister just bought a new laptop - Dell Inspiron 15 3000 series, 6 GB ram, 1TB HD.
Sometimes when she or I 1st log in & go online - nothing connects.
Other times while going from one website to another and even later going back to one of the original websites - disconnected.

We've tried everything we know (I don't like Win. 8 but keep trying to fix) - We've reset the modem & the wireless.

I searched & did find that Dell have problems in 2010 with this occurring - and after trying to find problem - screen says - DNS is not responding.

Is really irritating.

A:Internet keeps disconnecting -

Also we have a New Modem & a New Wireless Router - so that can't be the problem - and recently had the cable company check their cables - all were working well.

So the problem is the Dell laptop - & the "DNS is not responding" problem.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f31/internet-keeps-disconnecting-891449.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Heres my dilemma About a week ago my internet began to randomly disconnect weather I m playing an internet game browsing a website or chatting on msn sometimes it randomly disconnects From looking at a log there is no apparent link between the times it disconnects Its completely random but happens often I have a Netgear router which has an additional other computers hooked up to it All Ethernet no wireless The problem doesn t only affect me but it also affects all the other computers at the same time Randomly stops working even though Local area network remains disconnecting Internet connected I have no idea Internet disconnecting what the problem is about a week ago it started to randomly Disconnect and that was it from there it hasn t stopped working After thinking about it i realized that Internet disconnecting it is not a Network problem since LAN can be used without any disconnects Also This problem Internet disconnecting started occurring after the main computer in the Network had a RAM upgrade i m not sure if its possible that it has somehow conflicted and hence why the internet drops out randomly If anyone has any tips and advice or would like some more information which will help to try and resolve this problem i will try and do what i can Thanks Computer amateur nbsp

A:Internet disconnecting

hi, welcome to techspot

it appears that your having problems not with your network as it stays connected but with your ISP, if you could provide what kind of internet you have (ISP) cable, dsl, fios, it would be easier to diagnose your problem

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-disconnecting.111070/
Relevancy 47.73%

Logfile :@ Keeps Msn Disconnecting And Internet of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Unable to get Internet Explorer version Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files ewido anti-malware ewidoctrl exeC Program Files Shaw Secure Common FSMA EXEC Program Files Shaw Secure Common FSMB EXEC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Shaw Secure Common FCH EXEC Program Files Shaw Secure Common FAMEH EXEC Program Files Ahead InCD InCD exeC WINDOWS System ezSP Px exeC Program Files Shaw Secure Common FSM EXEC Program Files Shaw Secure FSGUI ispnews exeC Program Files Shaw Secure Internet And Msn Keeps Disconnecting :@ FSGUI fsguiexe exeC Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXEC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC My Downloads hijackthis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http rd yahoo com customize ymsgr defaults http my yahoo comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http red clientapps yahoo com customize ie defaults stp ymsgr http www yahoo comO - BHO no name - A - - A- - E DDCB - no file O - HKLM Run InCD C Program Files Ahead InCD InCD exeO - HKLM Run ezShieldProtector for Px C WINDOWS System ezSP Px exeO - HKLM Run F-Secure Manager quot C Program Files Shaw Secure Common FSM EXE quot splashO - HKLM Internet And Msn Keeps Disconnecting :@ Run F-Secure TNB quot C Program Files Shaw Secure TNB TNBUtil exe quot CHECKALL WAITFORSWO - HKLM Run News Service quot C Program Files Shaw Secure FSGUI ispnews exe quot O - HKLM Run UserFaultCheck systemroot system dumprep -uO - HKLM Run Internet And Msn Keeps Disconnecting :@ NeroCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exeO - HKCU Run Symantec NetDriver Monitor C PROGRA Symantec LIVEUP SNDMon EXEO - HKCU Run msnmsgr quot C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe quot backgroundO - Startup PowerReg Scheduler V exeO - Global Startup Office Startup lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXEO - Global Startup Microsoft Find Fast lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office FINDFAST EXEO - Extra context menu item amp Search - http km bar need find com KM menusearch html p KMO - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeO - DPF - - - - - http ABoxInst int exeO - DPF BC F - A - D -BEB - AA B AE Symantec AntiVirus scanner - http security symantec com sscv SharedContent vc bin AvSniff cabO - DPF EB FE- - C-B F-D C E F F-Secure Online Scanner - http support f-secure com ols fscax cabO - DPF A AC - CE - A -B E- D AC - http advnt com dialer int ver CABO - DPF B E - ECB- DA- C A- F A FF MsnMessengerSetupDownloadControl Class - http messenger msn com download MsnMessengerSetupDownloader cabO - Protocol msnim - A - C - - F- E F - quot C PROGRA MSNMES msgrapp dll quot file missing O - Filter text html - no CLSID - no file O - User stylesheet file missing O - Winlogon Notify Telephony - C WINDOWS system MVJTER DLL file missing O - Winlogon Notify winuhv - winuhv dll file missing O - Service ewido security suite control - ewido networks - C Program Files ewido anti-malware ewidoctrl exeO - Service F-Secure Management Agent FSMA - F-Secure Corporation - C Program Files Shaw Secure Common FSMA EXEO - Service InstallDriver Table Manager IDriverT - Macrovision Corporation - C Program Files Common Files InstallShield Driver Intel IDriverT exeO - Service PACSPTISVR - Unknown... Read more

A:Internet And Msn Keeps Disconnecting :@

Hi and welcome to Bleeping Computer! My name is Sam and I will be helping you. I apologize for the delay getting to your log, the helpers here are very busy.If you still need help, please post a fresh Hijackthis log, in this thread, so I can help you with your Malware Problems.When your log opens in notepad, please click Format and uncheck Word Wrap.If you have resolved this issue please let us know.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/59270/internet-and-msn-keeps-disconnecting/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi i recently bought a wireless USB adapter so i can connect to my router as my older one broke. The one i had before worked fine and was easy able to connect to my router with high connection, but with this new adapter i can still connect but have pretty low signal like 2 or 3 bars and whenever i try downloading anything or try watching films or just surfing the web for like 10 minutes it says limited access with a yellow exclamation mark on the signal bar and the only way to reconnect to the internet is to first disconnect and reconnect every time. please help i have no clue why it is doing this or what is doing this any help you give will be very much appreciated, thanks

Relevancy 47.73%

I use windows xp and im finding that when i log onto the internet(with tiscali) after about 10-20 minutes it disconnects itself.please help

A:disconnecting internet

Supply the following information please.OS running on all affected systemsMake & models of all equipment (routers, network cards, modems).Wired or wireless? What wireless encryption is in use? (WPA, WPA2, WEP, None)Browsers being used (Firefox, IE, Safari, Opera,...)What security software is installed? (Firewalls, AV, Spyware, Malware,...)Open up a command prompt (Start > run > cmd)Type the following bolded commands and post the results for each affected machine.ipconfig /allping www.google.com ping 74.125.53.99Note: To post results of commands, alternate click on the top of the command prompt > edit > select all >alternate click on the top of the command prompt > edit > copy > paste in a message here. If you are ona computer that can't connect to the internet then paste the contents in a text document and save it to aportable media like a flash drive, then use an internet capable machine to post the contents.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/235797/disconnecting-internet/
Relevancy 47.73%

I live in an apartment underneath my landlord My landlord recently bought a new router His old one used to be located down here near my and my neighbors apartments and it was wired directly into our apartments which we each hooked to our own routers My landlord however has decided to place the new router upstairs so that his tenants have to connect to it wirelessly The signal strength from the router is always quot excellent quot because I m directly underneath it but whenever I use a messaging program like Windows Live Messenger it constantly gets disconnected I also have the same problem with my web browser It only lasts for keeps disconnecting Internet a few seconds but it Internet keeps disconnecting s frustrating when I have to keep reconnecting my webcam with the person I m chatting with It never says that I ve been disconnected from the internet nor do I lose signal strength so I don t know what s going on Could it be that we have so many things connected wirelessly to the same router my landlord s computer my computer my neighbor s computer my neighbor s XBOX Could something be causing interference My neighbor has left his router on though it s no longer wired to anything Could this be interfering I don t know what to do Here s my IPCONFIG ALL Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Kyle gt IPCONFIG ALL Windows IP Configuration Host Name Kyle-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address - A- - -AB- B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Sierra Wireless Compass EVDO Network Adapter Physical Address -A -D -FF-FF- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd md comcast net Description Broadcom NetLink TM Gigabit Ethernet Physical Address - - D- - -BA DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR B Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address - A- - -AB- B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d d a ad Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Thursday July PM Lease Expires Friday July PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -A -F - B- - A- - -AB- B DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap hsd md comcast net Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e ff bbcf b Prefer red Link-local IPv Address fe ff bbcf b Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter isatap E B E-F - B - F - B F EA C Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap D F E-ECE - B-AA -AC DB ACFAD Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap D -CEFB- AE -B E - FFD B ACF Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

Download and run this Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector, click the Networks link on the upper left and paste a screen shot of that screen here. Note that this application requires NET Framework to run. If you get an error about a missing function, download and install NET Framework.
To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file. To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-keeps-disconnecting.932838/
Relevancy 47.73%

On my self built pc, I am experiencing internet problems. On the network icon on the taskbar, it keeps getting the exclamation point in the yellow triangle. When I troubleshoot, it says "the connection between your access point router and the internet is broken".

My laptop is connected wirelessly and is not having any connection problems. My pc is the only one using an ethernet cable and is having issues.

Any suggestions?

(I have already tried shutting off the router and then restarting it. Sometimes is fixes it for a couple of minutes and then I get the exclamation point again. Other times, I restart it and the issue still persists)

A:New Pc keeps disconnecting from the internet

Hi from Sevenforums,

Can you fill in as many details as you can see below:
Basic Requirements Before Posting your Networking Thread

Could you also post a screenshot of device manger under network adapters with your ethernet controller showing under general.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/332733-new-pc-keeps-disconnecting-internet.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Every minutes or so I have to move my ethernet cable keeps Internet disconnecting. between ports on my router I have no idea what s happening but it s really Internet keeps disconnecting. getting on my nerves I ll just be Internet keeps disconnecting. setting here playing a game or browsing the internet when it disconnects I ve done various virus and malware scans on my computer and they have turned up nothing Internet keeps disconnecting. I ve plugged the ethernet cable into another computer and it works fine on that computer I even thought it could be the router or the modem but none of the other computers in the house are having trouble I am at a loss as to how this can happen Most of my life s problems come from computers and it s getting down to the point to where I don t want to buy a computer anymore because they usually come half or completely broken I bought this thing brand new in October so there should be no reason for hardware problems I just don t understand what s going on nbsp

A:Internet keeps disconnecting.

Hi:When you plugged another pc using the same cable,did you use the same router/modem port ?
Assuming that this is a multiport router,have you tested this with one of the other ports ?
Same problem if you hardwire directly into the modem ?
About the only thing I can think of is to go to your pc maker's web site and download any more current driver for your model and adapter.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-keeps-disconnecting.933162/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hey Guys,

I was wondering i have recently kept being dissconeccted from the internet. I have found out this is due to something called Marvell Yukon Gigabite Ethernet Controller being installed. If i uninstall this from Device Manager and then shut down computer and start it back up again my connection is fine !!!!!

The marvell Yukon ethernet controller has a wierd number next to it but cannot remember it at this time...
If you need this number i can get it for you please just ask

Any help will be usefull thanks alot

can you post a pic of the device manager

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/232687-internet-disconnecting.html
Relevancy 46.87%

So, I got a new internet service provider a few week ago, now I am having issues with my internet. What happens is every random minutes or so, my internet for my pc, keeps disconnecting me from the internet then a few seconds later, it connects me again. This is very annoying when I am gaming, if anyone could help me please! I want to get this problem over with. I already tried deleting my network adapter and that didn't do anything, and I also restarted my router, which didn't do anything either. I connect to my internet with an Ethernet cable (wired), this doesn't seem to be happening to the wifi and I don't notice any lights from router/modem.

A:Internet keeps disconnecting and reconnecting

I would uninstall the ethernet/NIC driver and then reboot and reinstall same...the current installed driver may be damaged.

Have you contacted your ISP, since you seem to indicate that troubles began with the change?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/620234/internet-keeps-disconnecting-and-reconnecting/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi I m using an acer timeline laptop with Atheros AR B Wireless Network Adapter I have been frequently been getting disconnected and it seems to me like it is doing it at random It takes a few moments to reconnect unless i try to troubleshoot the problem until it reconnects After it troubleshoots it says quot a network cable may be unplugged or broken Internet keeps disconnecting connection quot or quot there may be a problem with the network adapter quot something along those lines Please help me thank you Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Acer gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Acer-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Internet connection keeps disconnecting Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Internet connection keeps disconnecting Address A-F - A- - -E DHCP Internet connection keeps disconnecting Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR B Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address -F - A- - -E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe da c e e Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Sunday June AM Lease Expires Monday June AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -D - - -C - A-A -C -C -B DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Con troller Physical Address -EB- - C- - A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap A E - C - B B- F - E B CDFCA Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap AF F - BEB- - - C B Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap E - - A - - BB C C Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e e cc d d f f Prefe rred Link-local IPv Address fe e cc d d f f Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled C Users Acer gt nbsp

Relevancy 46.87%

Hi everyone First of all I am glad to be able to ask here Ok lets get to the question problem All this time my internet has been fine However about or weeks ago it started to disconnect for no reason Disconnect randomly every or minutes on average This is extremely annoying and frustrating I cannot do anything help for disconnecting, keeps desperate Internet If I need to download something big it gets dc ed halfway so I need to download from the start again Cannot play games because I keep dc ing I have contacted my ISP talked to them they said they are sending technicians engineers to inspect the area I appreciate it but yesterday they came and unfortunately they did not solve the problem I have even bought a new modem and unfortunately it did not work I have disconnected the modem from my main comp and used a different phone socket to no avail I did many many research and used the TCP IP stack reset etc None worked I cannot say anything else I can only ask from here a place where many people are experts in computers networking etc I truly do hope to get help here This is extremely frustrating every or so minutes my net dcs Ask Internet keeps disconnecting, desperate for help me anything if you need more info Internet keeps disconnecting, desperate for help I appreciate and thank you for reading this lengthy post Thank you and have a good day EDIT There was a time just days ago when my internet would not drop for hours straight what could this be hours That is massive considering I get dc about every minutes EDIT My latest discovery I was playing a game this morning and there was a phone call and and soon as that happened my internet disconnected I hope this could give some ideas and help all you helpers nbsp