Windows Support Forum

PITCH BLACK!!!(black screen when you press power you know what i mean?)

Q: PITCH BLACK!!!(black screen when you press power you know what i mean?)

When i press the power button evrythings looks ok all fans starts the led on my keyboard flashes but the flashing led on my screen that indicate that it s sleeping does nt stop flashing which mean it does nt receive any information When i press restart it often solve the problem and my screen computer starts perfectly I JUST INSTALLED A BRAND NEW POWER SUPPLY hight quality the problem still there If someone know how to get a log file that would help me to determin the problem - you BLACK!!!(black know PITCH i mean?) screen press you when power what Does reseting de cmos could solve sumtin - To reset cmos i need to remove the bateri for PITCH BLACK!!!(black screen when you press power you know what i mean?) about second - does a poor batery could make such problems - I need hlp Or if someone have already experienced that problem and could tell me what you did to solve the problem i just baught a power supply antec but i didnt solve anything my d card is brand new and my cable looks fine but who knows pls HLP ME information about this error must be written in some log files Thanks for replies nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: PITCH BLACK!!!(black screen when you press power you know what i mean?)

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: PITCH BLACK!!!(black screen when you press power you know what i mean?)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pitch-black-black-screen-when-you-press-power-you-know-what-i-mean.421322/
Relevancy 84.63%

I have an acer aspire v3-571gOn trying to boot up my laptop by pushing the power button, the leds light up and the fan starts ( I can hear it spin) and the laptop starts but the screen remains black and does not even light up. The screen remains pitch black without any change at all.After force-shutdown 12 to 13 times, I rebooted my laptop and the screen suddenly started working.This happened once before as well and I didn't think much of it untill it happened again. I don't understand why the screen randomly chose to black out and not respond until after several restarts. I tried removing the battery, pressing power button for about 30 seconds, rebooting, starting without battery (with power source) and nothing worked. It randomly and unexpectedly started working (just like it had stopped).

A:Pitch Black Screen on power on (Acer Aspire V3-571...

During these random black screen episodes, do you think that Windows actually loads perhaps by hearing the sound of the Windows start melody? Also, is it possible that you somehow inadvertantly toggled the display off, that is, the Fn+F5 display toggle key combo switch? Jack E/NJ

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Pitch-Black-Screen-on-power-on-Acer-Aspire-V3-571G-with-leds/td-p/306964
Relevancy 108.79%

After I finish my game and shutdown my laptop in the next day I try mint to open my laptop when I press the power bottom and nothing happens the power bottom still on but screen is black I trying take the power off and wait then put is back is not working but I wait the fan to get warm then I shutdown and open again is work but everytimes I need do the same thing wait like 20mins then open it and sometime is not working very well.can someone help me out and tell me how to fix this please!!!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Hp-laptop-press-power-bottom-and-the-screen-is-black/td-p/5598164
Relevancy 100.62%

Hello-

I ran into this problem before but I can't recall how it was fixed. Maybe someone can help me.

Today I turned on my computer. Right after the Windows XP logo is shown, the screen turns all black. Within a few second, the message on the monitor reads, "No Signal". I know my monitor cable is plugged in tight. What else is the problem? I also know my Desktop is there and ready to go but I can't see it.

Please help!!!

Thx

A:Please help......Screen is pitch black!!!!

Tried plugging/unplugging all USB devices, made sure the video card is seated, reboot and it still blacked out....no signal to the monitor

I see the boot up screen. I see the Windows logo screen. I can even see the 'blue' check disc screen. But for some odd reason right after the Windows XP logo screen, it flickers and turns all black.

When I turn on my monitor off...then on again, it shows the Acer logo so It can't be the monitor. For some reason, it's just not getting a signal after the XP logo screen.

Can anyone help me with this?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/please-help-screen-is-pitch-black-300702.html
Relevancy 99.33%

Hi Guys

I use windows xp sp3
When I start windows after the welcome screen then the screen become pitch black.
Only the cursor there and I can move the cursor but when I click nothing happens.
I already try restart several times with same result.
I still can go to safe mode.
I want to try restore last known good config but I am afraid that then I can't even access safe mode
Please help.

Thank you

A:Solved: Pitch Black Screen

This is marked as solved but no description as to how it was solved. I have a similar problem in that all my icons are
missing. Basically a black screen except for the picture I have had there for years. Am able to do things thru task manager (ctrl-alt-delete)but thats it. Any help would be appreciated.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-pitch-black-screen.1142925/
Relevancy 97.18%

Hello I turned on my PC this morning and noticed that the dark backgrounds of my colors/backgrounds pitch screen dark black! The are on websites or Steam or the The dark colors/backgrounds on my screen are pitch black! dark bits in my desktop wallpaper are extremely dark they re pitch black I have the brightness and contrast turned all the way up i fiddled with the settings of the monitor and the display resolutions settings and it won t change All other colors are looking normal and they re very bright but the black dark blue bits of my Start Menu background and Steam backgrounds are so pitch black as if they are immune to the brightness option I just tried playing The Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion While i was outside in a field everything looked bright and great When i went into an underground crypt i could only see the torches on the walls I couldn t see anything around me It s as if something is maximizing the darkness of dark colors and making them pitch black and immune to bightness I suspect that something in my video card or RAM or monitor has gone broken causing this abnormal color damage I am running Windows Ultimate -bit using a Samsung SyncMaster BW x monitor running a GeForce GT and AMD Athlon x Ghz Any help appreciated nbsp

A:The dark colors/backgrounds on my screen are pitch black!

Can you try another monitor for test purposes?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/the-dark-colors-backgrounds-on-my-screen-are-pitch-black.167800/
Relevancy 89.44%

I have a 5349-2592 that on start up goes from Acer screen to black one with message no Bootable drive and to press control at delete to restart then goes back  to same screen. Tried holding ft and goes to same screen.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Goes-from-acer-screen-to-black-with-message-press-control-at/td-p/459211
Relevancy 88.58%

I have Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit. So, these are my problems described in the title. I cannot change desktop from black, only can set a picture as a background.

When I am in pictures folder for example, I see blank or black thumbnails.
When I right click and go to personalize, I can see black themes instead of actual pictures.

I tried almost everything.
- reinstalling video driver
- clearing thumbnail from disk cleanup
- resetting dwm.exe
- going into safemode and then restaring into normal windows
- I tried fixing shell by using "fixshell"
- clearing & repairing registry errors
- ran an error checker
- ran a file checker

I have Microsoft Office 2010 - I heard that it could be the issue, but maybe I am not right, anyway...

I attached a print screen photo.

And, I am hopeless, any help please? Thanks

A:Windows 7 black screen, black or blank thumbnails, and black desktop themes

I noticed you're not running Aero. Click on last item, left side - "Troubleshoot problems with transparency...."

Office 2010 should not be a factor here. Public pics folder is empty - it should have sample pics in it.

Validate your OS installation - Genuine Microsoft Software

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-black-screen-black-or-blank-thumbnails-and-black-desktop-themes-553925.html
Relevancy 87.72%

Laptop is 2 months old running Windows 7, rarely used and has no extra hardware etc installed. Windows was pre installed with no discs in box

Today upon opening it has a black screen with press  F11 for recovery. Recovery runs using Cyberlink power recover but on completion it goes back to the black screen with  pressF11

I got into safe mode and advanced boot options but there was no option to system restore

Could anyone help with how to resolve this

Thanks very much

A:Black Screen- Press F11 for Recovery, no system restore option

Hi,
There will be no system restore points after running Cyberlink power recover as that wipes the old windows and puts a new copy on the drive as I understand it.

At this point in time I would get a hold of the manufacturer for support and warranty since it is only two months old. Just curious, HP?

If it is an HP, What happens when you run the built-in hardware diagnostics. They should be available on the same screen as the Press F11 message.

Good Luck
Roger

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/486674/black-screen-press-f11-for-recovery-no-system-restore-option/
Relevancy 84.71%

when my computer was getting slow and i was told to replace the battery in the cmos so i did and then i found out it resets all defult setting or somthing and then the computer started stuffing up making funny noises when restarted and now i cant even get a picture its just black and nothing appears what can i do here? or if so what do i need to replace i know its not the monitor is it the cpu or what?

A:MY MONITOR is pitch black and does not appear???

You may have dislocated the graphics card while replacing that battery (which always resets your BIOS back to basics).
Check that all cards and cables are properly seated/connected, then try a start. If it works, check your BIOS if you want/need to change anything.

If it still does not want to start:
did you change any parameters in the BIOS after you replaced the battery? If so, there is basic help available.
Look in you mobo-manual for a jumper or contacts/pins that can be used for resetting your BIOS. If you can't find those, just take the battery out and leave it out for about 20 minutes, then reinsert it. Make sure you don't break any legs or supports for that battery.
Restart the PC, let it boot into windows, then restart again and go into the BIOS to make the changes that you want/need.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-monitor-is-pitch-black-and-does-not-appear.10673/
Relevancy 84.71%

HELP!!!!!
I tried to open my files but the windows only open up a box and its pitch black inside!!!!!!
When i move my cursor around, labels would pop up beside the cursor showing the names of the things inside the folder but i just cant see anything.... wats happening.....??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-are-pitch-black.862521/
Relevancy 84.71%

This is a steam related Issue.
I have updated and decrypted/unlocked HL2M, HL2, and some HL2 mods (SMod, HL2 CTF, and HL substance).
I have not fully updated CSS (it's on 88% updated)
When I start Garry's Mod, The main menu background works, and the menu text is visible, but when I start a 'new single player game' / 'create server' map, it loads fine, but everyting but my HUD is BLACK!
EVERYTHING, my weapons, all models, buildings, EVERYTHING!!!
Is this because I have not fully updated CSS???

THANKS
---------

Relevancy 80.41%

I'm getting the black screen with movable cursor or KSOD Black Screen Of Death on Windows (Black Vista Black Of Death) Screen screen or with cursor movable KSOD Vista Black screen with movable cursor or KSOD (Black Screen Of Death) Vista What happens The system powers on POST BIOS Start windows normally Windows splash screen - gt Black screen with movable cursor or KSOD (Black Screen Of Death) Vista Black screen lt - What I can do I CAN enter BIOS and have reset the default settings I CAN press F to give me advanced boot options but all options have the same result apart from quot Repair your computer quot I CAN load the quot Repair your computer quot option I CAN move the mouse around the screen I CAN press shift times to get a dialogue to appear but no control panel I CAN press the power button to shut down the system I CAN start up in safe Black screen with movable cursor or KSOD (Black Screen Of Death) Vista mode which is exactly the same but with lower resolution I CANNOT seem to do anything else However there are workarounds to accessing the hard drive I CAN use MSDaRT or the System Recovery Tool I CAN use the hard drive as an external USB hard drive on another machine What I've tried Startup Repair - Could not detect a problem System Restore - No restore points Windows Complete PC Restore - A valid restore location could not be found Windows Memory Diagnostics - No errors SFC Scan - No problems Stand alone system sweeper - No problems Hotfix Uninstall - Nothing to uninstall I also COULD do a partial or full quot Packard Bell Recovery quot which is essentially like reinstalling windows I DO NOT want to do this I'm sure this is just a simple software issue really and I would rather avoid a reinstall Can anyone recommend what steps I should try to resolve this Thanks

A:Black screen with movable cursor or KSOD (Black Screen Of Death) Vista

I think I saw this post aver at Toms but I also think you gave some additional info.
I think what may be going on it during the switch from the windows low res video driver to the driver used in normal mode.

Since you can get into safe mode try to go to device manager.
Start|right click computer|properties|device manager.
Look in the display adapter.
Is there a yellow exclamation mark there?
Or is it showing the video that you know should be there?
Please post the video that the machine uses and or the PB model.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/black-screen-with-movable-cursor-or-ksod-black-screen-of-death-vista-410636.html
Relevancy 79.98%

I have had this labtop since december and this morning the power button and caps lock button comes on but screen is black... the caps lock button is flashing!! Wifi button is also on just nothing is coming up on screen at all!! I do not understand!! I have unplugged it and powered off and on several times!! I need help please...

Relevancy 79.98%

I have a dell inspiron mini running with ubuntu 11.10. It has been working the entire last week until i shut it down for the weekend. But today it has a black screen though power is on and have tried to remove static build up (20-30 sec pressing power button with both battery and AC cord OUT). Is there another trouble shoot procedures since it cannot even boot ?

A:Black screen while power is on

closing duplicate, please respond at http://forums.techguy.org/hardware/1108008-black-screen-while-power.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-while-power-is-on.1108009/
Relevancy 79.98%

I have a dell inspiron mini running with ubuntu 11.10. It has been working the entire last week until i shut it down for the weekend. But today it has a black screen though power is on and have tried to remove static build up (20-30 sec pressing power button with both battery and AC cord OUT). Is there another trouble shoot procedures since it cannot even boot ?
Regards, Oonganga

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-while-power-is-on.1108008/
Relevancy 79.98%

my HP ProBook 4710s when I turn on it sits with the black screen but the power is on and it doesn't proceed to boot

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/screen-is-black-but-power-is-on/td-p/5717498
Relevancy 79.98%

Good Mornig, I have a Pavilion p6-2247el,this morning after power up the monitor going up but I see only black.The fans run normally. I tried to remove the backup battery but nothing happened.I tried to remove the ram and when I power on I hear the bips.The lan connector blink orange but no green.How can I fix the problem?Thank youCristian 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Black-Screen-on-the-power-on/td-p/5763700
Relevancy 79.98%

Hi,
I'd appreciate any advice on where to start with this problem.
My Toshiba Satellite Laptop (SA60-108) when powered on has no display at all - no POST messages or splash screens etc - no hdd lights activity 0nly the green power on & plugged in light. Will try to load my boot up cd but still doesn't display anything. Is this just the end of the road for the screen? Thanks for looking.

A:Black screen at power on

Perhaps the screen but I would put my money on the gpu. Does it make any sounds when you power it on?

Also, plug a monitor into it and see if you get anything on the monitor. If you do then I'd say it was the screen that was bad.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/black-screen-at-power-on.182479/
Relevancy 79.98%

Hey guys I have an old screen power Black at on cpu its a p HT socket pe asus p p se agpx with gig ram It was always on d l stuff and what not It has some parts in there that are like years old One day when it was on the screen went black I rebooted and got black screen at power on So i dont even see the bios image or press Black screen at power on del to enter set up I took the cpu apart and reassembled it Cleaned and added some thermal paste to heatsink cpu I looked at the mobo and the parts it all looks fine I reconnected everything and tried with video cards mb ati radeon pro and a mb ati hd or something like that same results Just black screen at power on All the fans are on and the cd player ejects close and the lights are on for the led displays in front So if everything is working fans lights cd player why am i not getting an image Is it the video cards doubtful that wont work and they used ot work Black screen at power on be both of em Maybe its the mobo But it all seems to work Can some help me nbsp

Relevancy 79.98%

Hi,Having an issue with my HP G62 laptop. The computer will power on, but the screen does not turn on, but the power on button light is blinking. The indicator light next to the charging port is red, as is the light next to the wireless button.  Thanks,Anahit Serobyan

Solved!
View Solution.

A:HP G62 - Black screen on power on

Hello AnahitSerobyan, Thank you for posting on the HP Forums! I understand the computer will not start properly and a black screen remains. I apologize for the delayed response, but I will do my best to assist you! To troubleshoot the issue, please try the steps in this HP document: Troubleshooting Black Screen Displays with No Error Messages During Startup or Boot The document lists useful steps starting with resetting the product. More specific steps are explained depending on your issue. I believe this troubleshooting will resolve the issue. If not, I would contact HP phone support for further assistance. You can utilize this website to learn how to contact HP appropriately, based on your region: Contact HP WorldwidePlease let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. Thank you for posting on the HP Forums. Have a great day!Mario

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-G62-Black-screen-on-power-on/td-p/3544073
Relevancy 79.98%

My friends computer froze up and she had to reboot and when she did she got this black screen, etc. when she tries to hit F8 key it says keyboard stuck, her tower light doesnt even light up on her dsl, etc. she cannot type into this black box which has a blinking line where she should be able to type. Can anyone help?? Thanks alot!!

A:black screen, invalid system disk replace the disk and press any key HELP!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-invalid-system-disk-replace-the-disk-and-press-any-key-help.322186/
Relevancy 79.12%

When i run maplestory my screen goes black and my screen light power button blinks.
What can be the problem?

A:When i run maplestory my screen goes black and my screen light power button blinks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/when-i-run-maplestory-my-screen-goes-black-and-my-screen-light-power-button-blinks.448645/
Relevancy 79.12%

Hello everyone.

Since I bought this computer, I can't see the loading screen for Windows XP when starting the computer. It doesn't output ANYTHING until windows has started.

If i press F8 or F2 or stuff to change the settings, the screen is still black and the screen NEVER starts because it never gets to Windows.
This is not very good, for example if i need to change some settings or something.

I don't know what is the problem.. But maybe someone here knows?

Here are some system info:

AMD Athlon X2 Dual Core Processor 3800+ 2,01 GHz
ATI Radeon X600
1GB of RAM.

Hope there is anyone out there (maybe even with the same problem) that could help me
Thanks in advance.

A:Black screen on initial power-up

Hehe it's just me that is stupid here... I found out what the problem was.

I plugged in my old monitor (it uses a VGA-cable). And it worked.

My new monitor uses a DVI-cable.. But it seems as the VGA is set as the primary display when starting up windows.

Anyone knows how to change this, so that it makes the DVI to primary? I dont know a **** since im a noob on computers

Thanks in advance
fr0sty

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/black-screen-on-initial-power-up.46572/
Relevancy 79.12%

I have an acer 4530 laptop running on vista basic. The problem is screen is black even it has power.
Tried connecting an external monitor but nothing shows up.Usually i just leave it on and once it becomes
idle for some minutes it automatically go to standby mode.But the last time i left it on and after sometime
when i went back, saw its not in the standby mode.I tried to move the mouse so screen will be active again.
But it didnt,Tried to turn power off and on again.It powers on but screen remains black.Tried to remove batteries
and power and push the power for 60 seconds but still screen remains black.But power light is ok.Can hear fan
rotating.What could be the problem? hope someone can help me.

A:laptop power up but screen is black

Hi! Here's a place to start!!
http://pcsupport.about.com/od/findbysymptom/tp/computer-wont-turn-on.htm
Can you get into safe mode??
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/diagnostic-tools-use-safe-mode#1TC=windows-7

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-power-up-but-screen-is-black.1148375/
Relevancy 79.12%

Hello i have this problem: yesterday i was using my pc when sudden power cut happened, now today i try to turn on monitor and it showed weird screen, i restored to factory defaults on monitor that fixed the problem,but then i started pc and i got black screen it doesnt show "no signal" message.

ps: sorry, im really bad when it gets to explaining things

A:after power cut black screen on monitor

Do you have another monitor or even a TV that you can hook up to your PC to see if it's the monitor or the PC giving issues?

http://www.techist.com/forums/f84/after-power-cut-black-screen-monitor-277963/
Relevancy 79.12%

Can any one help with my start up problem For my desktop pc I have a power and boot up problem that does like this Turn on main front power button BIOS screens run through all OK Windows startup screen runs OK with the flashing green yellow bar Then what normally happens is a pause of one or two seconds before the Windows iconappears and I can login What has been occurring recently is at this pause the screen stays black and the computer goes into what can only be described as a low power mode I sense this as the fan speed reduces sometimes uneven and the screen and on Black screen power startup low stays black Nothing else will happen BUT if I turn the pc off at the main power button at Black screen and low power on startup the rear and switch on again it will boot up all through the processes with no problems However if I do this at the stage above I have effectively forced a shut down and Windows enter via ther ecovery but this still works fine Windows etc works then with no problems atall Also if after shutting the PC down correctly I turn off the rear power button and turnit on before start up all starts OK No devices are connected and powered on at start up Black screen and low power on startup other than Netgear router I have disabled the devices Control panel Device manager Properties to wake the computer mouse and keyboard and also the Network Adapter all of which were causingp roblems in waking the computer This was a while ago and has been working fine for many months Any goodi deas would be appreciated Could it be a software problem drivers or ahardware problem power supply

A:Black screen and low power on startup

Hello , Microsoft Fix it Solution Center: troubleshooting software issues In step 2, highlight the performance , errors or crashes and have it run some diagnostics for you.

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/294050-black-screen-low-power-startup.html
Relevancy 79.12%

I've has thisl issue with a Compaq Presario cq56-115dx black screen at power on,everything else seems to power up, caps light blinks showing what it could be that's not working as noted above on hp's support link however this model of laptop/notebook will not make a beeping sound, never did when the monitor would power up correctly. I installed ssd new mobo still black screen replaced ram,checked connection ac/dc you name it still black screen no Compaq logo nada. I contacted hp no reply. HP no warranty and no assistance policy. I'm think its lg LCD/monitor not sure if customer overheated unit, no spills where found inside reply please thanks ahead guys, Rpd p.s. reosted in thread thanks greg

A:Black screen at power up Compaq

Blank Screen LED Error Codes Compaq Presario CQ56-115DX Notebook PC - HP Customer Care (United States - English)

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/233005-black-screen-power-up-compaq.html
Relevancy 79.12%

the comp will not boot when powered. power light is on. can hear the hdd running. dvd-drive runs. the hdd has been formatted but would expect a bios screen to show. power seems to cycle on and off. This was a neighbors comp and the problem started with it in their possession. screen remains black throughout. 

A:Black screen/no boot on power-up

Hi @hotpops, May the Forums be with you! It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts and other support personnel. I understand that the computer youare using will not start properly. I am happy to give you a hand with this. As a start, please post the full product number and operating system in use on your computer. See the following, if you need help with that information.How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?Is the Windows Version on My Computer 32-bit or 64-bit? But for now and assuming that you are running either Windows 8.x or 10, try going through this document: HP Desktop PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10,8). Just read through it very carefully, as there are parts that apply to desktops and often a link to follow for an All-in-One. Please let me know whether that works for you, and if it does resolve your issue, please mark this post as a solution. Kudos would also be appreciated. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/Black-screen-no-boot-on-power-up/td-p/5593996
Relevancy 79.12%

I went to use my laptop and it wouldn't turn on, the only thing that was running was the fan and it was much louder than usual. When I returned to the laptop a few hours later, the fan was finally off and the computer was unresponsive, no lights or sounds at all. I tried the hard reset and that didn't work. I tried numerous outlets and still no power. What else can I possibly do?

A:Black screen, no lights, no power

Hello @Khelm2701, Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! The Forums are a great place where you can find solutions for your issues, with help from the community! I read your post about the notebook not starting, and wanted to assist you!  I understand that the fan was running very loud, and now the notebook is not responding at all. First, try reviewing the following document, and let me know how it goes:HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10) Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution", this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks! Have a great day!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Black-screen-no-lights-no-power/td-p/5605448
Relevancy 79.12%

I'm using an Computer Still Goes - Power On Black Screen HP notebook nw with windows XP SP and an external monitor ViewsonicVX WM When I am working it could be several hours or less at times I suddenly get a black screen There is no warning no error messages the computer seems to be functioning normally The power for the laptop is still on just the screen is black The system seems to be in a hybernate state but it does not come back on by pressing any keys The only way to power back is to press and hold the power button for several minutes Then everything loads fine and I start working again and several hours later the same thing happens I was told it could be a virus or something so I completed steps - to rule this out Thanks in advance Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved Computer Screen Goes Black - Power Still On at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system csrss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exec Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AppCore AppSvc exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exeC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS System SCardSvr exeC WINDOWS system msdtc exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exeC PROGRA NORTON NSR Agent VProSvc exeC PROGRA NORTON NORTON NPROTECT EXEC WINDOWS system nvsvc exeC WINDOWS system HPZipm exeC Program Files Common Files Intuit QuickBooks QBCFMonitorService exeC Program Files Spyware Doctor svcntaux exeC Program Files Spyware Doctor swdsvc exeC PROGRA NORTON NORTON SPEEDD NOPDB EXEC Program Files Spyware Doctor SDTrayApp exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system mqsvc exeC Program Files Windows Media Player WMPNetwk exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared hpqwmiex exeC Program Files Common Files Pure Networks Shared Platform nmsrvc exeC WINDOWS system mqtgsvc exeC WINDOWS System alg exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exeC WINDOWS SMINST Scheduler exeC Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exeC Program Files Common Files Pure Networks Shared Platform nmctxth exeC Program Files Pure Networks Network Magic nmapp exeC WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXEC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Siber Systems AI RoboForm RoboTaskBarIcon exeC Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exeC Program Files Microsoft Money Plus MNYCoreFiles mnybbsvc exeC Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exeC Program Files Textual anagram anagram exeC Program Files Data Deposit Box Data Deposit Box startup exeC Program Files Data Deposit Box Data Deposit Box backup exeC Program Files Data Deposit Box Data Deposit Box restore exeC WINDOWS explorer exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeC WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page file C specialty-lights com reference htmR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http h www hp com techcenter HP Sy hp syscheck htmR - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - ... Read more

A:Computer Screen Goes Black - Power Still On

Hi and welcome to Bleeping Computer! My name is Sam and I will be helping you. I apologize for the delay getting to your log, the helpers here are very busy.I don't see any signs of malware in your log. I recommend that you post into the XP forum if you are still having problems.http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...amp;s=&f=56

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/120145/computer-screen-goes-black-power-still-on/
Relevancy 79.12%

black screen     power is ok at pc. blue led on when ac is pluged in. push on button on pc and the other blue led comes on. no sound from hd. i tried battery reset proceedure,paper clip inserted in hole on bottom of pc. hold reset button for 4 seconds and let pc set for 5 mins with no power. i tried this 3 times and did not work.      a minor thunder storm was going on when pc shut down. a spike or transient may have entered pc. i hope problem is bios,etc and not a cooked pc.  thanks guys for any help.   jb

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/es1-512-c88m-power-ok-at-pc-black-screen/td-p/450747
Relevancy 79.12%

Dear friends,
I am having problem with win7 Dual core processor it keep crashing, screen goes black , power stays on. If i boot the system next time on restart screen stays black, but if i press the power button once, i noticed that after a while computer shuts down and on restart it works fine for some times then repeat the above process.

Crash report is included in jpeg file.
Hop some one here could help.
Thank you

A:Win 7 freezes, black screen hence power is on

Click on the button below ....

It will download the DM log collector. Right click on the application and run as administrator. It will generate a .zip file on your desktop. Upload the .zip.
Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/334385-win-7-freezes-black-screen-hence-power.html
Relevancy 79.12%

First of all this is very known problem for this monitor but is there really no issue i have serahced trough most of posts and every one seems to have exacly same problem as me with this monitor  It simple goes bland but the power is still on and power buttom locks out only way to fix is replug it 50 **bleep**ing times a day and its a joke  ofcourse the waranty is over so im stuck with this monitor is there any fix for this issues ??? and dont send that typical copy paste bull **bleep** people have already tried that judging from the complains this monitor is getting and it didnt seem to work ... unless what ive seen

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/Black-screen-still-geting-power/td-p/5688470
Relevancy 79.12%

Hello,Yesterday I was restarting my laptop, it was taking to long to restart, then it the screen went black but the power button light is still on. I tried holding the button down, bulgur nothing worked. I do schooling online and I need my laptop.

A:Screen went black but power light still on

Leave the charger unplugged until the battery completely discharges, reconnect and boot it.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Screen-went-black-but-power-light-still-on/td-p/5795021
Relevancy 79.12%

Hello
My Mother in Law seems to have done something to her laptop causing the following to occur.

As I understand it, she has on a couple of occassions closed the laptop whilst it was in the middle of shutting down. A few hours later she opened it up and it semed to be stuck on the shutting down screen.

We managed to get it to power off but now the following happens:

You turn on the power, the Vista screen appears as normal and asks for the password, you enter the password which it accepts, it says welcome as normal, acts like it is behaving normally but after a few seconds goes to a black screen and the only thing which remains is the cursor, it will go no further than this.

If anyone could help me with this it would be much appreciated!!

Many thanks

Adele

A:Vista black screen after power up help!

Try pressing and hold the fn key in a manner of trail an error press other f keys (f4, f8 etc. to reset the screen.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-black-screen-after-power-up-help-372945.html
Relevancy 78.69%

Hello I have a Sony Vaio T-series laptop model SVT CXS running windows As of yesterday the touch TV + OK, SCREEN BLACK to (power OK, fan LAPTOP HDMI OK) screen screen is black it doesn't display anything Laptop powers on lights are on fan makes noise etc I was able to plug an HDMI cable from my laptop to my TV and I am able to use the laptop using my TV screen laptop screen is still black but displays on TV works And the odd twist this is a touch screen laptop so I am able to touch my laptop screen and it makes clicks and moves cursor on my TV for some reason the track pad doesn't work while its on TV LAPTOP BLACK SCREEN (power + fan OK, HDMI to TV OK, touch screen OK) display though Any help would be greatly appreciated If you can give me steps into diagnosing the problem that'd be great I live in a small college town and there is only one computer repair shop and since it's a monopoly he rips people off Charges for a diagnostic if you get it fixed it goes towards the repair if not it's Charged my friend for macbook charger and it wasn't even an genuine Apple product

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/588827/laptop-black-screen-power-fan-ok-hdmi-to-tv-ok-touch-screen-ok/
Relevancy 78.26%

HP Pavilion running Vista bit Last night I shut my laptop down normally but when I fired it up this morning I m having issues The first time I turned it on my desktop came on but it hung there When I clicked on the windows button a pop up came up that showed quot Windows Explorer not responding quot and to end session or cancel Hitting either tab did nothing I could move the mouse but nothing was happening Black hanging on screen now up up. Windows power This lasted probably minutes Windows hanging up. Black screen on power up now before I just shut it off This happened a few times before I removed the battery and let it Windows hanging up. Black screen on power up now sit for a few minutes Turning it back on got the same results My desktop showed up but it won t Windows hanging up. Black screen on power up now go past that I ve removed the battery a few times with no results I can get into safe mode and I ran Ccleaner avast and MBAM I also checked quot Problem Reports and Solutions quot and see five quot NAupdate Service Hang Reports quot this morning I don t know if that has anything to do with it but it sure does seem like something is hanging up on me Any suggestions

A:Windows hanging up. Black screen on power up now

I'll try this one out.. What were the results of Malwarebytes?

Please download TDSSKiller and run it in safe mode since you can't access anything else:
http://support.kaspersky.com/downloads/utils/tdsskiller.zip

In TDSSKillers's extra options, check the option to detect the TDLFS file system.
After the scan has finished, TDSSKiller will give a default actions if anything is found. Keep these default actions and hit "Continue".

TDSSKiller will create a log file in C:\ ... please post the contents of the log.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/450176/windows-hanging-up-black-screen-on-power-up-now/
Relevancy 78.26%

I upgraded my CPU from Intel B950 to i5 core 2520m processor when I powered it on it goes to a black screen fan runs

A:Upgraded processor and power on to black screen

Hi there @Elo0313, Welcome back to the HP Support Forums!  I understand that you replaced the CPU in your notebook, and now it will no longer start properly.  I am happy to assist you with this. For your reference, here is the HP Pavilion g7 Notebook PC. Maintenance and Service Guide, which lists the various parts and components and proper procedures. Please verify that nothing was missed and the component is installed properly, and the CPU itself is not damaged, bent pin, etc, and that all other connections are good. When you try to power up at all, are there any error messages or repeating LED flash patterns?  Also give this document a try as it could help:  HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does not Start (Windows 7, Vista, XP). Please let me know whether that works for you, and if it does resolve your issue, please mark this post as a solution. Kudos would also be appreciated.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Upgraded-processor-and-power-on-to-black-screen/td-p/5652251
Relevancy 78.26%

My laptop has a black screen fan works for a few seconds then stops as it usually does when I normally start it up, I tested my RAM sticks and still nothing. Any suggestions?

Relevancy 78.26%

I upgraded my CPU from Intel B950 to i5 core 2520m processor when I powered it on it goes to a black screen fan runs

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Upgraded-processor-and-power-on-to-black-screen/td-p/5652251
Relevancy 78.26%

Will not shutting down correctly prevent the power button from powering on? I may not have shut down correctly OR the laptop could've fallen over while in its soft padded case when I forgot the laptop and left it on the floor of a friend's office for 10 days. When I retrieved it, I plugged in the AC adapter and now the battery, which is two years old, is powered up because the light is blue rather than orange as it was when I first tried to get the laptop working,, but pressing and holding the power button continues to yield the dreaded black screen. I have never had this problem before. How do I troubleshoot it? Thank you.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?86407-Satellite-A660-won-t-power-on-black-screen
Relevancy 78.26%

Hello The problem I've got with my HP desktop started few weeks ago When I turn it on it powers up fans are running but screen remains black - goes to sleep or displays check the signal info keyboard and mouse are not powered and HDD light on the front is off nbsp The only thing that works is DVD drive - I can open and close it In the beginning it could be solved by turning it off from the power button on the front and starting again But slowly it degraded to such point where nothing works except rare times that magically it gets power and starts This is working only if I shut it down from a power button in the front and immediately start it again - but as I said it works SOMETIMES I've already run through the steps in documents http signa... PC won't black & boot no power up to (no USB - screen support hp com us-en product HP-Pavilion-p -Desktop-PC-series model docume http support hp com us-en document c with no success PC won't boot up - no power to USB & black screen (no signa... So far I tried the following - I tested it with other screen and got same behavior - I tried with new screen cables - DVI and analog with adapter - I opened the case and cleaned everything there was not much dust but still I did it with everything unplugged and made sure to ground myself - Checked RAM - I've got RAMs in my PC original ones - GB and GB I tried swapping them running with only one in different slots - no success Starting PC without any of them produces the correct beeps from motherboard though - Disconnected everything and held power button for about minute to get rid of any static - no success - Reset CMOS and when it didn't solve the problem I replaced the battery on motherboard - problem persists - Replaced VGA with the new one I also checked with integrated VGA but nothing Then I put back the original VGA as it needs less power than my new one and I thought it might be a PSU issue - Replaced PSU with brand new Corsair more powerful than original W - same story nbsp - There is no visible damage on motherboard none of capacitors is puffed up no leaks - everything looks just perfect nbsp - After research I also tried to disconnect memory card reader but it didn't solve the problem nbsp Also after putting the new PSU in I had another problem where not only none of the USB or screen would be powered but also the light on the front panel would be off despite PC running This was solved by resetting CMOS again but I'm back to original issue of PC not booting and not powering peripherals as well as HDD Finally yesterday it did start after several failures - I had to shut it down from power button in the front and start it immediately again about times Eventually I saw HDD light coming on and the peripherals getting powered It did restore default BIOS settings and succesfully booted nbsp Funny thing is when it manages to boot then it runs with no problem - no restarts no BSODs no weird behavior it's quiet and smooth as it should be I did not turn my PC off since then as I'm afraid it won't boot again but I can't keep it running forever - it's not a solution to a problem nbsp Is it possible that it's RAM related problem even though I did run UEFI tests and they seem to be fine as well as the rest of hardware I suspect at this point that it's motherboard issue but I'd like to know if there is anything I could do yet and make sure that's the case before buying new one

A:PC won't boot up - no power to USB & black screen (no signa...

Hi there @nalladae?Welcome to the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts and other support personnel. I understand that your system is experiencing problems on start up. I am happy to assist you with this. You mentioned having run the UEFI tests, and from how you wrote that, it sounds as if you ran all of the tests, with no errors. Is that so, including the hard drive? My original gut feeling was a problem with the power switch itself, but it does not make sense as the system does get power, and it will do a post based on your tests removing the memory. If it does not start again, then try starting into Safe Mode.   HP PCs - Windows Safe Mode (Windows 10, 8) If Safe Mode works consistently, then the problem is more software or driver related. If it does not work, then we are left with a corrupted Windows installation, or a board or BIOS problem.  For now, I would recommend that you make a back up of your important data to an external device, just to be safe. Then on the next crash, try Safe mode. If it does not work, then with your data backed up, you can try a factory recovery.Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 8)Troubleshooting HP System Recovery Problems (Windows 8) If that works then test and see if it is reliable. If not then try a BIOS restore.  The only risk here is if it starts and is interrupted. If it does not start then nothing has happened to the BIOS.HP Desktop PCs - Recovering the BIOS Please let me know what happens, and we can go from there. If this does resolve the issue, or indicate the problem, then please mark this post as a solution.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/PC-won-t-boot-up-no-power-to-USB-amp-black-screen-no-signal/td-p/5340361
Relevancy 78.26%

HI I have Toshiba Satellite X - K two day ago I have Satellite power is black is screen on X200-15K but the problem with screen on the screen I have noise I think it's the same error in my display driver and I shutdown near windows xp and try power on after min but the Satellite X200-15K is power on but the screen is black screen have more noise when the boot picture start up and I shutdown near power button on laptop After doing this I ve tried again to power my notebook on but on the screen I see only artefacts same colours squads and after this my laptop cannot work I tried to power on him but I have only power light on and HDD light which work only sec and after off and the cooler work sec too and after off I tried to remove the battery and RAM and wireless and all what I can but nothing happens but when I try power on without RAM I see on power light beep two red and two yellow it's mean my motherboard work Maybe any can help me I think I have died motherboard And to me it is interesting someone can have similar problems Thanks P S sorry for my English

A:Satellite X200-15K is power on but the screen is black

Hi

Let?s summary;
You had some artifacts on the screen and now you are not able to boot up the unit.
You cannot see anything on the screen; neither the Toshiba Splash Screen appears? is it right?

Hmm? sounds like hardware issue? I?m thinking about GPU (graphic chip).
What do you think about that?

If it?s really an graphic card problem then you will need to replace the motherboard.
In most cases the chip is part of the mobo? anyway... something like that can be done only by an ASP in your country.

So please get in contact with the guys to get more details about this issue?

I wish you good luck?

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?51756-Satellite-X200-15K-is-power-on-but-the-screen-is-black
Relevancy 78.26%

Last night my computer locked up. So I had to resort to a button power down. When I restarted the computer it started up, but there was no display. I tried switching pci-e slots to see if it would make a difference, I also tried using the on-board video. But there was no response from trying those.

Motherboard
ASRock amd 785G

Video Card
Geforce 9800 GTX

Any help would be greatly appreciated

A:Power up computer to a constant black screen

No BIOS, no beeps?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/power-up-computer-to-a-constant-black-screen.150729/
Relevancy 78.26%

You asked for serial numbers, no sure if that is safe, but here is mine.  Display goes black when I plug in Power a/c adapter.  with Windows 10, the problem happened since upgrading to W10. I tried to change power settings as you said, to NEVER, there is no such area you said to turn off in my computer personalization, in the power settings. My brighteness is fine, it goes black. help.My other new HP computer is going in the sho and I must rely on this W10 lap top while it is gone. It seems it is all W10 problems. how do we fix it?

A:my computer screen goes black when power a/c is plugged in s...

Please try this. Right click the Start icon and choose "Power Options" then "Change Plan Settings". Under "Change Plan Brightness" you'll see settings for both "On Battery" and "Plugged In". Change BOTH to 100%. Reboot and see if that makes a difference.  If you found my answer helpful please say thanks by clicking on the Thumb's Up icon.       If my answer solved your problem please mark it as the Accepted Solution. Thanks!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/my-computer-screen-goes-black-when-power-a-c-is-plugged-in/td-p/5631808
Relevancy 78.26%

Hi we have a compaq laptop that is about 5 years old. It's a basic laptop and was quite inexpensive when we purchased it. I think it was like $300-$400. Anyway, we had a power outage and now the screen is blank (black to be specific). When I turned it on the lites flash and it sounds like its running, but nothing, I mean nothing shows up on screen. My question is what could be wrong? Would it be worth paying someone to fix it? Do you think I lost the pictures downloaded on the laptop? That's the only data I care about recovering! Thx in advance for your thoughts.

Relevancy 78.26%

Hello people Lately I have been having problems with my rig encountering constant black screens with hard hangs everytime I'm trying to play a game So far the problems have been showing in every game I've tried included the all mighty performance sucker hearthstone Anyway 41 screen (63) Consistent kernel-power Black I personally think that my pc is more than Consistent Black screen kernel-power 41 (63) enough capable of running games such as diablo and hearthstone without constant crashing My specs are as follows i k PNY GTX PSU W coolermaster silent pro gold gigs of ram Now this is really a cry for help My google pages are all purpled-out since I haven't left a single one without a look regarding my problem I really have no idea what or where to look for What I've done so far Disabling audio drivers Underclocking gpu upping voltage of cpu by a bit pushing gpu fan to Updating drivers reformatting hell of a lot ran memtest as well as monitoring msi afterburner for gpu I've also checked all of my tempratures in Consistent Black screen kernel-power 41 (63) my hardware and there is nothing odd with them when idle or even before the crash I've searched all over the internet I haven't found my solution and I think I'll go mad anytime soon if I don't find one If there is an expert out there that is willing to help me please do so Thanks in advance I'll be keeping an eye on this thread constantly

A:Consistent Black screen kernel-power 41 (63)

Please fill out the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions and attach it with your next post.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/342964-consistent-black-screen-kernel-power-41-63-a.html
Relevancy 78.26%

This is my first post woot woot anyways I search the forum nothing really to my problem I have Windows Xp and I have two but button black screen on is is Monitor still power monitors hooked up to the computer My larger monitor does not work anymore The screen is mostly always black but the power button stays on if i play around with it and click the input button i can get the desktop to come up but it flickers and lines goes down the screen and still is unusable--- after about five mins of this it just turns black anyways I switch where the monitors connect to the computer but still the larger monitor does not work The smaller one still worked fine Its the monitor itself Monitor screen is black but power button is still on well its not the graphic card in the computer or dust or anything was where i was trying to get at I also changed the screen refreshing to hertz changed the color quality to bit as well as change the screen resolution to the lowest it can go which is by pixels I can t think of anything else to do Please help Thank you nbsp

A:Monitor screen is black but power button is still on

u might jus need a new monitor

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-screen-is-black-but-power-button-is-still-on.128604/
Relevancy 78.26%

I've never had this before except when off screen Black with power and occasional BSofD my first desktop went totally black Anyways my laptop screen has suddenly taken to going black and then to either low resolution then black again rebooting to black rebooting several times or black and then to BSofD with irg display fault or something of that sort windows has shut down to prevent whatever whathaveyou Screen will even freeze in safe mode during bios editing or during recovery sessions when graphics card is not in use I did recently update my graphics card with file from manufacturer for this laptop Did roll it back with continued and same results Tonight is the first time I've seen the irq issue Black screen and power off with occasional BSofD displayed which leads me to believe that Black screen and power off with occasional BSofD this has somehow gotten messed up but how and how do I fix it I do not run a second display but tried it out Black screen and power off with occasional BSofD with s video and it worked fine via tv I have a toshiba p with an intel gm graphics card Have never done anything fancy with graphics or anything but this is driving me mad I hate for my hd to go on crashing like this Any and all suggestions are appreciated

A:Black screen and power off with occasional BSofD

Originally Posted by movingtarget

I've never had this before except when my first desktop went totally black. Anyways....my laptop screen has suddenly taken to going black and then to either low resolution then black again, rebooting to black, rebooting several times or black and then to BSofD with irg_display_fault or something of that sort...windows has shut down to prevent whatever, whathaveyou. Screen will even freeze in safe mode, during bios editing or during recovery sessions when graphics card is not in use. I did recently update my graphics card with file from manufacturer for this laptop. Did roll it back with continued and same results. Tonight is the first time I've seen the irq issue displayed which leads me to believe that this has somehow gotten messed up but how and how do I fix it? I do not run a second display but tried it out with s video and it worked fine via tv. I have a toshiba p105 with an intel 945gm graphics card. Have never done anything fancy with graphics or anything but this is driving me mad. I hate for my hd to go on crashing like this. Any and all suggestions are appreciated.

It may be that the graphics hardware in your laptop is beginning to fail.

Would it be possible for you to post the STOP error code (0x000000XX) and the descriptive name? From there, we can give you better information...

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/205174-black-screen-power-off-occasional-bsofd.html
Relevancy 78.26%

While playing certain Games my computer goes to a Black Power saving screen When that happens I have to restart the computer completely What I dont get is its only when playing certain games and saving) Random Screen Black (Power no it is not the games causing it I have reinstalled modified everything I could do with the game to stop and it hasnt so its not the game This problem Occurs Randomly While playing certain game I can occur anywhere between Game start to a hour into the game Also when it occurs one of the fans in the Random Black Screen (Power saving) computer gets supper loud and fast Seems to be the Video card fan -When checking the Event Viewer there is no Errors on the time when it happens GAMES --- that it happens on Random Black Screen (Power saving) --- Random Black Screen (Power saving) Mount and blade Heroesof annihilated empires --- those it doesnt --- Total WarEmpire Operation Flash point Risen ----SYSTEM SPEC----- -M A -T Deluxe Motherboard -XFX Geforce GT XXX Video Card - Gigs OCZ Gold edition RAM Memory -AMD Athlon X Dualcore Black Edition CPU Processor -Zalmon Fan -SB X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal ty Pro Sound Card -X Ultra W ATI Power Supply -Maxtor SATA GB Hard drive ----Things Tried- -Reformatting -Update BIOS -Update Driver -Remove motherboard battery -Reinstall game -Clean out case nbsp

A:Random Black Screen (Power saving)

I had the same problem when playing mount & blade, I read on another forum that this could be a heat issue so I tried to open up the computer and use the fan I had on my desk to cool while I played. That solved my issue though the fan is quite disturbing so I need to get some better fans inside my computer

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/random-black-screen-power-saving.895722/
Relevancy 78.26%
A:Once you power on it shows a black screen with the words Ent...

Hi, Please try 3 times, what is the error code ? Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Once-you-power-on-it-shows-a-black-screen-with-the-words/td-p/5693516
Relevancy 78.26%

Heres the story customer got bad viruses did clean up and removal of the infections and I noticed the laptop wasn't shutting down I cant confirm that this wasn't an issue before I didn't notice it but doesn't mean it wasn't black shutdown stays power screen on there when you go to shut down the screen goes off but shutdown black screen power stays on power on light stays on and fan stays on Have to hold power button to shut it off HP Model Pavilion - b WM Heres what I have done so far I did the refresh the full format one but still did it I still have windows didn't bother updating to yet since that's what I had before I refreshed it updated flashed BIOS but didn't work Reset BIOS to default Turned off quot Turn on fast startup recommended quot put in different HDD and loaded Windows and when I went to shutdown it locks up at shutdown so still problem shutting down but screen stays on tried different RAM Tried different power adapter tried holding SHIFT while shutting down Resisted punching the laptop I don't know what else I was confident that the viruses did it but maybe its a coincidence and its some hardware issue Thanks

A:shutdown black screen power stays on

Set the BIOS to default settings.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/61189-shutdown-black-screen-power-stays.html
Relevancy 78.26%

We temporarily lost our power the other day to the office (tripped breaker) and now instead of just coming back on in the normal way, we are getting a black screen, white print all about Caldera DR-DOS 7.03

There is too much information to type in here, but the last information says:
partitionC:/installed
Search for USB HDD devices

We are just your plain ol' home PC users and this is beyond us. The only thing we did before this happened was clean up the temporaty internet folders and cookies. We are not sophistacated users by any means and did not try to install anything.

All it does it sit there waiting for us to give it an answer. We have tried turning everything off, even unplugging everything, but nothin'. Any suggestions before we have to call in someone??? Thanks.

A:Temp power out now have Caldera DR-DOS black screen

Hi,
See if you can boot into safe mode. While the pc is starting up, keep hitting F8 until you get some options. Choose safemode without networking.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/temp-power-out-now-have-caldera-dr-dos-black-screen-270989.html
Relevancy 78.26%

Computer:  Satellite S75D-A7272 Windows 8.  When I power up I get the usual Toshiba logo with loading circle then the screen goes black.  I have kept it on to see if it was loading updates but after 15 minutes nothing.  I've reset my defaults using F12 when powering up but this does not work.  Any suggestions?

A:Black Screen after power on and logo appears

Welcome,
Do you have the installation CD? If so can you boot from it and do a startup repair?
Keep us posted

Dick

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/562637/black-screen-after-power-on-and-logo-appears/
Relevancy 78.26%

I want to fix my mother's old grey XP desktop and also reinstall XP on it but after making sure my Hard Drive was connected and it was connected but after that I closed the PC case and tried to boot the PC with and without the disk but gives me this black screen without letting me even access the BIOS. Give me any suggestion that will help me with this problem.

A:Black Screen after pressing power button

You also brought up this issue in your other topic before you started this one. Between the time you mentioned it in your other topic and started this one the other one received replies.Since there have been replies concerning this issue there this one is closed.Your other topic is here http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/563444/xp-reinstallation-troubles-with-keyboard/ and discussion of the issue will continue in it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/563453/black-screen-after-pressing-power-button/
Relevancy 78.26%

Hey everyone,

When playing online based games like Guild Wars 2, Starcraft 2 or Firefall I will recieve a black screen with full power being turned off (no fans / lights on). Have attempted to fix via updating all drivers (GPU, BIOS, full windows update). Thought it was the router and directly connected into the modem, still occured.

Windows 7 64bit (Build 7601) SP1 I believe
Gigabyte Motherboard GA-970A-D3
AMD FX 6100 6 core (3.3 ghz no OC)
AMD Radeon HD 6850 (no OC)
Ripjaw 4x8gb (32 gb total ram)
700 watt
Directx 11

... why am I doing this... attached is a speccy profile ran at the request of ANET. I have been working with them but it feels as if they are having me go in circles. The file was ran with GW2 open and running for ~ 5 minutes.

A:[SOLVED] Black screen w/ full power off

So, it doesn't feel like we're sending you in circles to, could you point out some of the things they have had you do?

The symptom sounds like the system is overheating.

Can you download HWmonitor run it and take snapshots while the system is at idle and when playing games

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-black-screen-w-full-power-off-694401.html
Relevancy 78.26%

Been a great help here...helping my limited knowledge of computers improve.

Toshiba satellite L355D.....turns on lights up...but no screen display. Screen remains completely black. I switched the memory to see if it improved, but still nothing. Even took memory, still black screen. Rolll up your sleeves...where do I start?

Relevancy 78.26%

NOTE Moderators if you feel this issue would be better suited in another sub-forum Please let me know Okay screen monitor. power cycling Black after so starting sometime this morning I have started having an issue with my displays My system specs are in my profile I Black screen after power cycling monitor. am running a dual monitor setup with one being a Dell U W and the other being a Vizio M -C quot K UHD TV I use the one monitor to do work and the TV for entertainment movies games etc so here is the problem Up until this morning everything worked as it should If I was watching a TV show or something I could turn monitor off and back on as necessary without disturbing what was going on on monitor Now when I turn monitor off and then back on I get nothing but a black screen I am able to fix this by unplugging the monitor from the back of the computer then plugging Black screen after power cycling monitor. it back in everything seems to work fine after that until I once again turn the monitor back off While monitor has the black screen I have checked display properties using the TV and it shows the monitor is still detected and the proper resolution Also the monitor itself acts as Black screen after power cycling monitor. if it is still functioning because the quot no signal quot image doesn't appear and it doesn't go to sleep it just stays black I am completely at a loss for what could be the issue Thanks in advance for any help anyone is able to offer

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/73560-black-screen-after-power-cycling-monitor.html
Relevancy 78.26%
A:Power on, no post, no beeps, black screen...

If you had a thunderstorm and lightning, it could be more than one component, but the likely suspects are power supply and motherboard.

Here is a way to troubleshoot from member TVeblen:

Strip it down and then add components back, one at a time, to try and isolate the offending component.

The test (power off, power cord unplugged):
• Disconnect everything externally connected except the mouse and keyboard (printers, USB devices). If you are not using a wired mouse and keyboard see if you can borrow one.
• Disconnect the power and data cables from all the drives inside the computer (Hard drives, DVD/CD drives).
• Remove all the cards installed in the PCI slots including the video card. (be careful handling them and place them on a non conductive surface while testing).
• Remove all the RAM sticks (same rules as above).
Now connect the power cord and turn the PC on.
• The motherboard should start beeping. You should get a beep code that tells you there is no memory. This is good, it means the processor is functioning and the motherboard is good so far.
• Now add one stick of memory in Slot A1 and power on. More beeping: "no video card" beep code. This is good.
• Then add the video card and connect it to the monitor. You should get no beeping and you should see the BIOS screens, ending with the message that there is no boot device.
If you get no video then switch the one memory stick installed for another one and test.

Continue adding components one at a time.

If at any point the PC fails the the last component added was the problem one.

If you removed everything and there is only the Motherboard (with integrated video), processor, and power supply to contend with and it does not POST or show anything on the screen, then the problem is one of those three.

If you have tested by using another power supply then you are down to two. CPUs rarely fail, so motherboard is the most likely guess.

Try performing a CLRTC or Clear CMOS as a last ditch effort, and check the 3v battery. Both long shots, but what do you have to lose at this point.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/210640-power-no-post-no-beeps-black-screen.html
Relevancy 78.26%

As The Title says, a Black screen shows up after power on self test loads, The black screen would take 20 seconds before it disappear and loads the windows metro, i tried using the sf debug tool for fixing BSOD crashes but it didn't work.

Need Help.

A:Black Screen - After Power-on Self-Test loads

Sorry, I didn't get you. Do you have a Dump file you can provide me with?

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/55252-black-screen-after-power-self-test-loads.html
Relevancy 77.83%

Bit of a long story but here I go I have Radeon with the crossfire thing set up it s been working well for over years Over the last few weeks I ve been having issues mostly while watching videos usually HD and AMD white/low 6950 Radeon problems screen/black (black and resolution) or full screen The video will freeze the audio will loop then eventually the screen goes black and I get an error message saying quot Display driver AMD Radeon 6950 problems (black screen/black and white/low resolution) has stopped working AMD Radeon 6950 problems (black screen/black and white/low resolution) and has recovered quot Sometimes it didn t recover and I have to turn the computer off What s now happening is it will freeze at the windows start up Then after resetting I will get to windows in very very low resolution and in black and white So I re-seated the cards I couldn t notice any obvious damage to it except the fans were very dusty so I cleaned them Boot it up and I still get the black and white I checked the device manager and it said one of the cards was having problems I uninstalled both drivers from that menu not quite sure if I should have done this and for whatever reason it s now working However it now seems one of my cards is not being recognised Only one display adapter is shown in the device manager and AMD catalyst only recognises one card too What s the best course of action to determine what s wrong with what card still not quite sure which one it is Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Pro bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - K CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card AMD Radeon HD Series - Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB F Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer INC P Z -V Antivirus Windows Defender Disabled nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/amd-radeon-6950-problems-black-screen-black-and-white-low-resolution.1116301/
Relevancy 77.83%

Hello So on my computer something strange happens when I uninstall UxStyle It Black Post-Windows Flashing Black Screen Update UxStyle has broken my Windows install once and it has done it again The UxStyle Black Flashing Post-Windows Update Black Screen first time I kept on doing system restores to see what was the problem that made that black screen After trial and error I narrowed it down to UxStyle So I deleted Windows and installed Windows which is what I wanted in the first place Now I decided to triple-boot Windows with Vista and and it has succeeded I reinstalled UxStyle thinking it was just a problem with my old Windows install and then uninstalled it after a few days since I felt like the regular look was better I rebooted Windows and the same effect happened So I would like to know if I can get and replace those three patched DLLs with unpatched DLLs for Windows Could I just change the broken ones to have old next to them and then place the ones I get here there Also would sfc scannow work

A:UxStyle Black Flashing Post-Windows Update Black Screen

Hello lct01a, and welcome to Eight Forums.

A sfc /scannow will attempt to repair any modified or corrupted system files, so that would be a good first step.

SFC /SCANNOW Command - Run in Windows 8

http://www.eightforums.com/customization/47244-uxstyle-black-flashing-post-windows-update-black-screen.html
Relevancy 77.83%

Hello there So as the title says I'm having some problems with my computer I bought it about weeks ago Goes Stays Black BlueScreen MMO's. and playing Screen Black, Restarts and no issues with it other than when I try to play an MMO that would make the graphics card work The graphics card that is installed in the computer was separately bought and installed so I'm thinking it might be conflict issues with the card but I don't know The way it happens is I run the games I can play for anything from a minute to mins and then my screen says it has disconnected from the image goes black and I can hear my computer restart but my screen stays black I have to manually power off and back on for my screen to start showing images again Once restarted i get the quot Problem Event Name Bluescreen quot thing It's really annoying since I just bought GW and I can't play properly any help would be appreciated Also in the Action Center it's said that my Nvidia Graphics Card has stopped working or crashed multiple times naming the exact times my computer crashed which is why I believe it has to do with my card

A:BlueScreen playing MMO's. Screen Goes Black, Restarts and Stays Black

Code:
BugCheck 116, {fffffa800cf0e010, fffff88010aee630, ffffffffc000009a, 4}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys
Probably caused by : nvlddmkm.sys ( nvlddmkm+ade630 )

Code:
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys
Image name: nvlddmkm.sys
Timestamp: Tue Oct 02 19:21:13 2012 (506B3099)
Follow these steps:STOP 0x116: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR troubleshooting
Overclocking -
I recommend if you are overclocking any hardware, that you reset these values within the BIOS to their default values in order to increase the stability of your system.

Please run the following tests for your graphics card and RAM:
RAM - Test with Memtest86+
Run Memtest86+ for least 7-8 passes, and preferrly overnight as it can take a while to fully complete.

Test each RAM stick individually, if an error is found then move the same RAM stick into the next DIMM slot and test again, if errors are found for the same RAM stick in every available slot then you have a faulty RAM module. On the other hand, if no errors are found in the next slot or the other slots for the same RAM module, then you have a faulty DIMM slot.

Test each RAM stick and every motherboard DIMM slot available.

Graphics Card:Video Card - Stress Test with Furmark
Read all the steps within the hardware test tutorials very carefully, as stress tests is designed run components to their maximum capacity, in order to point out failing or faulty hardware components.

Use the following program to monitor your hardware temperatures during the stress test:CPUID HWMonitor
Hard Drive:Disk Check
CrystalDiskInfo - Software - Crystal Dew World
SeaTools for Windows | Seagate
Scan for corrupted or missing Windows files with:SFC /SCANNOW : Run in Command Prompt at Boot
Please check for the latest driver updates (may have to install a older driver) for your graphics card on the manufacturer's website, and check for any driver compatibility issues with:Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor - Download - Microsoft Windows
If you are using DirectX, then try uninstalling and then reinstalling the DirectX API:How to download and install DirectX

Please post back your results

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/265537-bluescreen-playing-mmos-screen-goes-black-restarts-stays-black.html
Relevancy 77.83%

i believe virus deleted a system 32 exe file it is a confident guess. I have a true black screen nothing at all comes up doesn't load anything no hot keys work. windows 7 hp laptop I need to know if I can get into bios if f keys don't work, cd repair disk don't work. what can I do power button and wifi button lights up on keyboard and fans are running but black screen no response. it is not a graphic card problem not a hardware problem at all. please help

A:Black Screen of Death true black no keys work at all!!!HELP

Do you see the bios splash screen?
Did you ever enter BIOS before, so you know how to do it?
Do you see the win7 animated welcome screen (prior to logon)?
------
cd repair disc .... you mean this? System Repair Disc - Create

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/329399-black-screen-death-true-black-no-keys-work-all-help.html
Relevancy 77.4%

EventData

BugcheckCode 278
BugcheckParameter1 0xfffffa80074451e0
BugcheckParameter2 0xfffff88003d86e6c
BugcheckParameter3 0xffffffffc0000001
BugcheckParameter4 0x3
SleepInProgress false
PowerButtonTimestamp 0

My PC
CPU: i5 760 2.80Ghz
Ram: 8Gb Corsair Vengeance
Graphics: Ati Radeon HD4890
PSU: 750w
HDD: Seagate barracuda 500gb + 240GB
Motherboard: FOXCONN H55M-S

This has happened twice playing Wow and once playing CS:GO
Not sure what to do any help would be greatly appreciated thanks.

A:Kernel-Power Event 41. Pc Black screen then shuts of.

Please follow the http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ta-452654.html to provide us with your reports and we will do our best to walk you through some troubleshooting steps based on those reports.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/kernel-power-event-41-pc-black-screen-then-shuts-of-675732.html
Relevancy 77.4%

Sir I usally running my laptop through ac as my battery is dead.last night my laptop wont start it is not even showing that lenevo boot screen .only i guess laptop fan is running.Then i keep trying to turn it on but it is showing that black screen only at very begining.laptop not allowing me to enter a bit step.it keeping there.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/laptop-screen-goes-black-after-pressing-the-power-button-475403.html
Relevancy 77.4%

Worked fine a couple of hours ago, recently screen turned black and power but is white. It will not allow me to reboot and the battery is not removable

A:HP Stream notebook has a black screen and white power. Won'...

Leave it unplugged from the power supply until the battery completely discharges. Plug it back in and boot it.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/HP-Stream-notebook-has-a-black-screen-and-white-power-Won-t/td-p/5781413
Relevancy 77.4%

Hey flickering screen Monitor power issues, on up. black guys usually pretty self sufficient when it comes to hardware issues but i have no experience with Monitor issues, black flickering screen on power up. monitors going awry and seek some Monitor issues, black flickering screen on power up. advice The issues a relatively simple one when first starting the computer there is a problem with the monitor getting power the power light stays off and the screen completely black flickers making a clicking noise Monitor issues, black flickering screen on power up. gaining a very slight gain in brightness all the while the power light staying off After unplugging from the power and disconnecting the vga connection a couple of times eventually the power light comes on and the screen works During use there are no issues with the picture and it works fine it is only when the computer has been shut down and the screen off for a period of time i have this issue getting it back on Any help as to what it is appreciated i suspect it has come to the end of it's life as it is almost years old now The monitor in question is a GNR showing as a plug and play on devices and running of a gforce gt Thanks in advance Vannyg

A:Monitor issues, black flickering screen on power up.

Can you try another VGA cable or is it hardwired to the monitor, like some are ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/105154-monitor-issues-black-flickering-screen-power-up.html
Relevancy 77.4%

My friend has a Dell Inspiron 1501 that works fine on Battery Pwr but when you plug in the AC charger to run it, the screen goes black with no warning. Unplugging the AC pwr does not return the screen. He must reboot the computer to get it back up. Any ideas on what could be causing? We have checked all the power settings and sleep settings and everything seems to be fine. Help!

A:Black screen on Dell Inspiron 1501 on AC Power

Try another AC adapter

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/black-screen-on-dell-inspiron-1501-on-ac-power.153767/
Relevancy 77.4%

I am having serious issue with another laptop (used for church work). I turned the ACER on,
had a noise, screen remained black, and power went off. I removed the battery, waited, turned it
back on-same result. This laptop is not under warranty. and is only used with a church application
software. The laptop is always plugged in, but with power off. Only used once a week for an hour. TIA.

A:lose power on laptop within 5 seconds-black screen

1. What kind of noise? A beep, hiss, grinding...

2. So you never see a thing on the screen? If this is true, the video chip might be gone.

3. If a computer shuts down, 90% of the time it is due to a heat issue. How old is the laptop? Has it ever been cleaned of accumulated dust?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lose-power-on-laptop-within-5-seconds-black-screen.1171205/
Relevancy 77.4%

Hi Guys,

Im having some problem with my Packard Bell EasyNote TJ61 - I powered it on and the fans whirred like normal and the lights on the keyboard came on like normal - the power button lit up. But the screen stayed black. Then the fans went silent after 5 seconds and it sounded like it was switched off but all the lights were still on - the power, hard drive and keyboard ones. I noticed if I run my finger over the touch pad buttons for volume etc they light up so im not sure whats wrong.

I replaced the screen on the laptop the other day and it was working fine until last night and this has happened. Any suggestions?

I've tried replacing ram / replacing hard drive / pulling the cmos battery for 30mins / unplugging and trying the 30 seconds power button trick but nothing.

Any suggestions?

A:Laptop Power On - Screen Stays Black - Fan Goes Off 5 Seconds

If you have a PC monitor connect it to the laptop and see if you get a display on it.

Also check the laptop screen for a dim image, shining a light onto it may make it more visible.

What was wrong that made you replace the screen ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-power-on-screen-stays-black-fan-goes-off-5-seconds.1087078/
Relevancy 77.4%

Hi, I bought my Ideapad 500S-14ISK on 6/2/2016.  Surprised that the new notebook can't start properly. After power on, it kept in the black screen and can't go to Windows 10. (The power button light is on). Since this happen occasionally, I can't find the cause at the moment. Each time this happen, I pressed and hold the power button for few seconds. Then the notebook turned off completely.After this, the notebook can start properly again. Waiting for anyone help, thank you. 22/2/2016

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:Ideapad 500S-14ISK Black Screen after power on

Hi HK,

Welcome to Lenovo Forums.

I suggest you to perform the Flee-Power and try to access BIOS to reset it. Below are the steps to check and resolve the issue.

Remove the battery and any other peripheral device connected to the computer.
Hold the power button for 10-15 seconds and then connect only the AC Adapter and try to turn ON the computer.
If the issue persists even after performing Flee Power then resetting BIOS to its defaults should resolve the issue
Now access the BIOS menu press ?F2? when the Lenovo logo appears on the screen while the computer is starting up.
Then to reset the BIOS to its defaults click on ?F9? Key and select YES.
Now Click on ?F10? Key to safe the changes that are done in BIOS, restart the computer and check if the issue is resolved.

I hope the above information helps.

Regards,
Shashi Kumar

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo! If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/Ideapad-500S-14ISK-Black-Screen-after-power-on/td-p/2275251
Relevancy 77.4%

Hi I've just bought my computer and installed windows I've managed to stay stable while playing games like GTA IV LoL for a power (kernel Black 41 63) error, screen!!!** event couple of weeks But one day i just got blackscreen after loading a game match in LoL or being minutes in GTA IV then just Black screen!!!** (kernel 41 power error, event 63) get black screen By that i have to restart my computer manually by the power button I had shadow copy too but i solved it by switching some cables in my computer chassi After that problem i just reinstalled windows again and it worked again fine but after - weeks but then again i got an black screen I Got that kernel power problem again by playing Happy wheels or Youtube just for testing So I tested to remove GBS out of GB the GB is at the blue DIMM slots at the moment So after that removal i didnt even get black screen A couple of weeks later i got it again by playing League of legends etc But this happen after i updated my BIOS version from to I think it is the problem but it could not possibly be But still i can use my computer for internet surfing but not gaming S Any solutions fellas Computer Corsair PSU W Gainward GTX phantom - STOCK i - k GHZ STOCK Asus Mobo P Z -V LX Corsair Vengeance GBs of ram removed GB -------------------------------------------------- I have a memory dmp that i can upload if you want to take a look at it

A:Black screen!!!** (kernel 41 power error, event 63)

Follow the instructions here > http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ta-452654.html

That will collect all the associated data.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/black-screen-kernel-41-power-error-event-63-a-646244.html
Relevancy 77.4%

I don't know what my little sister did to my lap top but now when I turn my lap top on it goes right to this black screen with a blue box saying to enter the administration password or power code..??She is 12 and says she don't know what she did and my college stuff is on here please help me!!!

A:Black screen blue box asking for aidmister password or power...

The code I get is : 59947008

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Black-screen-blue-box-asking-for-aidmister-password-or-power/td-p/5672782
Relevancy 77.4%

Hello Im having a problem with my Acer Aspire All in One Z3-615 PC. Whenever I turn the computer on the light turns on and the fan runs loudly but the screen remains dark. I've been having this problem for a couple weeks now and this issue started at random. I've done research to make me believe something may have come loose inside but I may be wrong. All input would be helpful. Thank you!

http://community.acer.com/t5/All-In-One-PCs/Acer-Aspire-Z3-615-Black-Screen-Power-button-lit-and-fan-running/td-p/466576
Relevancy 77.4%

Hello all I am using a dell studio xps with ati mobility radeon HD inbuilt Problem i have been with black Laptop crashes screen when AC connected to power facing past few weeks is that my laptop screen is going black and is crashing a few minutes after booting up when i connect to ac power I did a few diagnostic tests It is working perfectly in safe mode It is working perfectly when i disable my graphic Laptop crashes with black screen when connected to AC power adapter and boot in normal mode The tricky part is that it works perfectly with graphic card enabled when im using with battery As soon as i connect AC power it crashes with black screen in a few minutes seconds I also uninstalled and reinstalled the graphic drivers and BIOS is also up to date I recently updated my graphic card drivers but still it worked well for a few days I could play games with no problem at all I used to have a heating problem aswell The screen would lag and audio would distort I have cleaned my heat sink now but cannot test it out as my laptop crashes Also my battery is pretty old now and gives only min backup Any help would be much appreciated

A:Laptop crashes with black screen when connected to AC power

Can you try another AC adapter there? Does it behave the same?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/352403-laptop-crashes-black-screen-when-connected-ac-power.html
Relevancy 77.4%

After upgrading from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10, the screen turns black when the power cord is attached after receiving a Low Battery notice. Also, if the cord is attached when the PC  is turned on, the screen goes black after the HP logo appears.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Screen-turns-black-when-power-cord-attached/td-p/5701062
Relevancy 77.4%

Hi everyone I have an Acer Aspire E - netbook suddenly stop working The battery is charging when plugged in but when power button was press power LED no light I have done some research and done the following power Aspire screen e3-112 black no light resp... not but didn't work Aspire e3-112 black screen no power light not resp... a nbsp Unplugged charger and remove battery Pressing down power button for more than sec b nbsp Tested RAM and it is still good c nbsp strip Aspire e3-112 black screen no power light not resp... down everthing and waited for minutes Then press power button with screen connected Noticed the CPU is warming up d nbsp Tried pressing power button with HDMI cable connecting to my TV nbsp nbsp When I hold down Fn ESC while powering up with a USB Stick of BIOS files GB the USB drive flashes once every sec I am convince that this is probably a sign of life and it can still be saved I noticed that the BIOS update file from Acer website is for Windows mode Is there anywhere I can download the BIOS file which can be updated on Boot-up so call freedos nbsp The warranty is over I am asking for help Many thanks

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Aspire-e3-112-black-screen-no-power-light-not-responding/td-p/443255
Relevancy 77.4%

Hello, I have seen various posts about similar problems, though not on Edge E130. Tried their solutions, to no avail. The screen is black. No faint image. Machine powers up (LEDs glow, noise of fan and hard disk). I have no external video connection. Have tried taking battery out, pressing on button for 1 minute, plugging machine to power (no battery) and restart. No success. Did not initiate any kind of update (certainly not BIOS!), upgrade or new software install (though the machine has been asking to upgrade to Windows 10, which I have not done yet). Running Windows 8.1 (as far as I can remember, as I cannot actually check - the screen is black).  AVG antivirus, updated and fully run about one week ago. Help? Please?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-11e-Windows-E-and-Edge/Black-screen-on-power-on-in-Thinkpad-Edge-E130/td-p/3317536
Relevancy 77.4%

Black screen after bios update, when power or battery is connected, it power on with black screen. No beep but fan running, DVD drive can open. No display.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Black-screen-after-bios-update-when-power-or-battery-is/td-p/5819564
Relevancy 77.4%

Trying to fix an HP P - ea for a friend nbsp Summary does not boot BIOS or OS Black screen Powers on rear light on and all fans running but light on front black power switch HP possible P6-2295ea: problem? screen, switch not staying on but switch works nbsp User attempted to upgrade to Win from Win At some point black screen developed nbsp User can't recall if blue screen and or error messages shown nbsp Current situation Machine powers on when either rear IEC cable connected or front switch pressed PSU CPU Rear and GPU fans all running nbsp If front switch pressed for about seconds machine will power off Rear light stays on nbsp No sounds on power up other than fans switching on and HDD spinning up nbsp On power up front light next to front switch flashes briefly microsecond HP P6-2295ea: black screen, possible power switch problem? DVD and USB mouse light comes on briefly when power-on USB Keyboard light does not come on nbsp With front facia removed switch looks intact nbsp Steps take so far full backup of 'user' folder RAM removed and re-inserted All other connectors reseated pressed down nbsp Is it possible to temporarily bypass front facia switch to see if BIOS boots nbsp Machine has dedicated GPU with motherboard DVI slots blanked out with 'do not remove' plates nbsp Have HP P6-2295ea: black screen, possible power switch problem? not tried a different GPU yet nbsp Any hints on next steps would be highly appreciated nbsp cheersEdward London UK nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp

A:HP P6-2295ea: black screen, possible power switch problem?

Just to add ... Tried different monitors. Both known to work ok.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/HP-P6-2295ea-black-screen-possible-power-switch-problem/td-p/5599066
Relevancy 77.4%

My desk top was working great this morning, then started to flash  up came the black screen then in blue this message, entering power safe mode. How do I restore this back to normal. 

A:black screen with power safe mode how do I restore this bac...

Hello @girl44, Welcome to the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts and other support personnel. I understand that your computer is not starting properly. I am happy to assist you with this.  Please post the full product number and operating system in use on your computer. See the following, if you need help with that information.How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?Is the Windows Version on My Computer 32-bit or 64-bit? For now and assuming that you are running either Windows 8.x or 10, take a look through the following document: HP Desktop PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10,8). read through it carefully and follow the symptoms that best match your situation. Please let me know how that works for you, and if it does resolve your issue, please mark this post as a solution. Kudos would also be appreciated.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/black-screen-with-power-safe-mode-how-do-I-restore-this-back/td-p/5580152
Relevancy 77.4%

I have a black screen on my Acer Apire Laptop I am fairly good at fixing computer problems but this has me stumped This is what I have done so far Took off the battery and held down the power button for min then plugged the power back in without the battery and nothing happened tried this also with holding down the F and also again holding down the f button Nothing I thought it was the hard drive so I had bought a new one Black only Acer power light with Screen Aspire on and put it in and hit F and my computer started to boot up So I decided to put my old hard drive back in and by chance it came on and started to boot up also I was very happy and I used the computer for day with my power cord plugged in but when I unplugged it and went to plug it back in later and use it again it was back to the dreaded Acer Aspire Black Screen with only power light on Black screen As suggested I took my computer back apart and pulled out the both RAM memory cards and cleaned them and tried switching them in each others slot as suggested and re-booted the computer multiple times but to no avail Still nothing Another thing I notice My battery had gone bad a year ago and I bought another one and had been using it fine but it does get much much hotter than my old one as it runs So I don t know if it is shutting down over that or not I put it in the freezer for min as suggested by others and tryed turning it on again but still nothing ANY SUGGESTIONS IT WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED nbsp

A:Acer Aspire Black Screen with only power light on

Usually computers shut off to prevent damage from overheating. i would check to see if the fans are even working or it could be that the motherboard has gone bad.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-black-screen-with-only-power-light-on.1123740/
Relevancy 77.4%

I bought my laptop like 1 month ago, and after update windows 8.1 Browinsg started extra slow, playing games with highest ping, While playing games i can see enemies but i cant do anything to them,After while when i opened my laptop i got black screen nothing was on only the power light were on. Somewhere say there is a unupdated BIOS...

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:Acer Aspire R7 571 Black Screen while power light ...

Hi... Try a power reset. Unplug the adapter (power cord) off the laptop, if you have connected.On the bottom side of the laptop, you will see a small reset hole with a battery symbol.Please insert a thin object like a paper clip into this hole and hold it for 5 seconds.Then plug in the adapter.Turn on the laptop check for the issue. 

View solution in original post

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-R7-571-Black-Screen-while-power-light-on-amp-Low/td-p/211431/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 77.4%

I have an Emachine model EL 1210-01e using Vista. I continually am getting black screen of death with these codes
0x0000009 (0x0000003, 0x842c18f0, 0x85fetabb, 0x85c1c338) driver-power-state-failure. I am an intermediate computer user so I really can't tell if this is fixable. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-i-have-a-black-screen-of-death-power-driver-failure.1000751/
Relevancy 77.4%

My R - T has started spontaneously black screening on battery power when the battery still shows - power remaining nbsp This has happened several times in the past few months I usually use the computer with the power supply plugged in or on battery for a couple hours not dropping below power and have never had a black screen under these conditions nbsp When spontaneous failure - R7-371T screen black power I occasionally use battery power longer and get below that's when the issue occurs nbsp When it happens the computer goes from on R7-371T spontaneous black screen - power failure to off instantly nbsp There is no blue screen no hibernation standby no crash log no error message in Windows Event Viewer other than a critical error message from the reboot that points to Windows Kernel Power with all bug check codes showing nbsp I've run the AcerCare battery diagnostic and used batteryinfoview and neither indicates any problem nbsp nbsp I don't think this is a battery calibration issue because if it were I would expect the system to go into hybernation rather than spontaneous and instant shutdown nbsp I'm leaning towards a battery cell defect because if it were a motherboard problem I wouldn't expect the problem to be isolated to battery only events and only when the battery is below nbsp The problem doesn't appear to be software related because it will shut down even if I'm not doing anything and it always occurs when the computer is using only OEM hardware with nothing connected to it nbsp Any suggestions on further diagnostics that could be tried would be appreciated but please don't suggest reverting to the factory disk image reinstalling windows or running in safe mode nbsp I have an identical R - T that I purchased shortly after buying the first one for use as a backup and I'm going to image my drive over to that machine nbsp if I can't figure out a way to further diagnose hardware on this one nbsp This one is out of warranty and while I'd be OK changing out a defective battery I don't think it would be cost effective to change the motherboard nbsp

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series-Laptops/R7-371T-spontaneous-black-screen-power-failure/td-p/463396
Relevancy 77.4%

I ve recently upgraded from windows vista home to windows ultimate I ve experienced some issues with quot sudden quot and quot random quot display closures To put it simply the screen goes black not completely there s still a slight glow of grey as opposed to completely shut off and I cannot see my mouse or anything If i try to input a key stroke a sound sometimes 7 + Black management : Screen Processor Windows power appears I Windows 7 : Black Screen + Processor power management ve adjusted my power settings to not turn off in ANY situation and the problem still persists Then I tried changing the quot Processor power management quot and changed maximum to minimum is also originally as opposed to in the default setting This seemed to fixed the constant sudden and random black screens but I m afraid this has decreased my laptop s performance These are the specs and I hope someone can tell me what was wrong and how I can go back to a high performance setting without experiencing sudden screen outages Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Ultimate bit Processor AMD Athlon tm X Dual-Core QL- AMD Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Radeon HD Graphics Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB G Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Quanta None Antivirus BitDefender Antivirus Updated and Enabled nbsp

A:Windows 7 : Black Screen + Processor power management

Is this a laptop for desktop? Sounds like overheating on the video. Vista is getting old so have you ever cleaned the machine? Use compressed air to do the cleaning.

Anyone else with some ideas?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-black-screen-processor-power-management.1014798/