Windows Support Forum

Trouble with Windows Installer 4.5 & Seagate Manager

Q: Trouble with Windows Installer 4.5 & Seagate Manager

Hi I recently got a GB Seagate external USB hard drive I ve been & with 4.5 Trouble Installer Windows Seagate Manager experiencing Blue Screens for a while now after the drive was added and I am currently troubleshooting in the BSOD forum here on Trouble with Windows Installer 4.5 & Seagate Manager techspot One avenue we tried was to uninstall the Seagate Manager software because it seemed it could be linked to my problem I am not able to boot normally as soon as my desktop appears I get a BSOD with quot page fault in non paged area quot I have been going into safe mode for my troubleshooting I used the Seagate chat today because I was not able to uninstall the Seagate software on my computer apparently it s because it can t be done in safe mode from what I was told by the chat tech I was instructed to download Windows Installer Since I have done that I am getting a different error message Error Windows installer service could not be accessed etc from the add remove programs because I don t think that the installed correctly in safe mode Does anyone know how I can get my windows installer back to normal or updated to while in safe mode since I can t boot normally right now Thanks Joe nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Trouble with Windows Installer 4.5 & Seagate Manager

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Trouble with Windows Installer 4.5 & Seagate Manager

You could try using System Restore to bring your PC back to a point before you installed Windows Installer 4.5.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trouble-with-windows-installer-4-5-seagate-manager.134370/
Relevancy 76.11%

Help! I am trying to install a Seagate Manager Free Agent external hard drive and keep getting "General Error" message. I have turned off my firewall and my virus protection. Can't figure out what is causing problem. Also get Error 1628. Any ideas?

A:trouble installing Seagate Manager Free Agent

What do you mean by "Install"? It should be a simple matter of plugging in the USB/Power cables.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trouble-installing-seagate-manager-free-agent.929926/
Relevancy 59.77%

Howdy folks. I'm currently using 64-bit Windows Vista Home Premium, and I've run into some trouble with installing .msi files. Whenever I attempt to download the file, I get an irritating error message stating:

The Windows Installer Service could not be accessed. This can occur if the Windows Installer is not correctly installed. Contact your support personnel for assistance.

So, I tried going to the Microsoft site and downloading a new copy of Windows Installer. However, upon downloading the 64-bit Vista version, it informs me that the update does not apply to my system (Which is, once again, 64-bit Vista).

Typing "msiexec" into the Start menu search tells me that I have version 4.5.6002.18005 (Of the installer), and from what I can see, there don't appear to be any errors.

Anybody have any suggestions?
This is becoming a real pain...

A:Windows Installer trouble...

Are you selecting "Run" for the download or "Save"? You shouldn't have a problem with Windows Installer if you select Save. The Windows Installer will kick in when you try to run the .exe.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/294528-windows-installer-trouble.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hello I am having trouble with my windows installer and I cannot figure it out I have search the web read many forum postings and nothing they suggest has worked First what is happening When I try to install anything and I mean anything Windows updates program updates new software the suggested files to download and install Installer Windows trouble... to fix this problem the install fails I get different error codes messages but I believe they all mean the same thing Sometimes I get a popup window saying The Windows Installer Service could not be access This can occur if the Windows Installer is not correctly installed Contact your support personnel for assistance Other times Windows Installer trouble... I get Failed to install update Microsoft Installer error The Windows Installer Service could not be accessed This can occur if the Windows Installer is not correctly installed With a Windows Update Error s found Code Windows Update encountered an unknown error Searching the web I found references back to the Windows Installer If I go to the Windows Services to see what is going on I find that the Windows Modules Installer which I m assuming is the Windows Installer these errors messages are talking about is STOPPED and set to MANUAL I have started the service AND set it to Automatic which is seems to me is how it should be set though I am not sure and I still get the same errors messages I don t know what to do short of nuke and pave rebuild and I REALLY do not want to do that -----------------------Information from other posts ---------I have been told this is due to low disk space However I have GB of free space What hasn t been answered is could it be referring to my D which came configured as a RECOVERY drive The D has GB of free space ---------It was suggested that I run FixIt but I have to install it to run it and I cannot install anything -----------------------Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated I have two important software upgrades that I will need to do very soon and will not be able to with this problem Thank you in advance Jim

See this link http://www.vistax64.com/vista-installation-setup/96680-repair-windows-installer-service-vista-all-versions.html

If the above doesnt help the try a repair install.

You obviously have your disk please try a repair install.
http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/88236-repair-install-vista.html

http://www.symantec.com/connect/downloads/msi-run-administrator-context-menu-vista

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/450539/windows-installer-trouble/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hello I am having trouble with my windows installer and I cannot figure it out I have search the web read many forum postings and nothing they suggest has worked First what is happening When I trouble... Windows Installer try to install anything and I mean anything Windows updates program updates new software the suggested files to download and install to fix this problem Windows Installer trouble... the install fails I get different error codes messages but I believe they all mean the same thing Sometimes I get a popup window saying The Windows Installer Service could not be access This can occur if the Windows Installer is not correctly installed Contact your support personnel for assistance Other times I get Failed to install update Microsoft Installer error The Windows Installer Service could not be accessed This can occur if the Windows Installer is not correctly installed With a Windows Update Error s found Code Windows Update encountered an unknown error Searching the web I found references back to the Windows Installer If I go to the Windows Services to see what is going on I find that the Windows Modules Installer which I m assuming is the Windows Installer these errors messages are talking about is STOPPED and set to MANUAL I have started the service AND set it to Automatic which is seems to me is how it should be set though I am not sure and I still get the same errors messages I don t know what to do short of nuke and pave rebuild and I REALLY do not want to do that Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated I have two software upgrades that I will need to do very soon and will not be able to with this problem Thank you in advance Jim

Try Fixit from Microsoft

Error 1601 can mean Out of disk space.
How much disk space do you have on the drive?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-installer-trouble-641108.html
Relevancy 59.77%

I am having trouble getting anything to install on my computer. Everytime I start My computer I get message ***This version of Windows xp is no longer secure*** When I click on balloon as instructed to get update I receive message *** Entry Point SHRegGetValueW could not be located in the dynamic link library SHLWAPI.dll*** When I try to locate this SHLWAPI.dll I get message**Failed to load the library C:\Windows\System 32\catsrv.dll** Also everytime I try to change or remove a program I receive message***The Windows Installer Service could not be accessed. This can occur if youb are running Windows in Safe Mode, or if the Windows Installer is not correctly installed. Contact your support personnel for assistance***

I am at my wits end with this thing and I only seem to keep screwing up my stem worse everytime I try and fix problem justn keep getting more. Please Help!!

Thanks,
MsSissy4u

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-installer-trouble.635126/
Relevancy 59.77%

When I use a program that installs using the Windows Installer, the windows installer gives me an error message saying "Windows could not start the Window Installer Service on Local Computer. Error 5: Access is denied" When I check the properties under Services, Windows Installer's status is stopped, and I cannot get the service to start, and I cannot get the Kapersky Internet Security System to install or hardly any other programs. Please help. I saw a similar post; however, I have no knowledge of what to do in the Event Viewer.

A:Windows Installer Trouble

Is UAC enabled or disabled?

If you run regedit and navigate to the key below, is there a restriction present (1 or 2)?

System Key: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Installer]
Name: DisableMSI
Type: REG_DWORD (DWORD Value)
Value: (0 = default, 1 = admin only, 2 = disabled)

Also, check this link and first try method 1 >>

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555175

If that doesn't work, this is the latest version >> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...FamilyID=5a58b56f-60b6-4412-95b9-54d056d6f9f4

You will want this for Vista 32bits >> Windows6.0-KB942288-v2-x86.msu

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-installer-trouble.880469/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi everyone I'm having troubles with windows installer trying to open up every time i start up my computer. It tries to install and cant find the information; after that it wants a cd-rom. First it tried installing windows wordperfect so i deleted wordperfect and now it tries installing sonic activation module. How do I stop it from trying to install these programs?
THANKS FOR HELPING

A:Trouble with Windows Installer

Try the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility. Read the description of the cleanup utility before you use it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trouble-with-windows-installer.456432/
Relevancy 59.77%

tried to download new itunes and a message pops up saying a windows installer program is not working and then completely turns around and uninstalls my itunes and now my itunes doesnt work. any help please...

Relevancy 59.77%

Hello I am having trouble with Installer Windows trouble... my windows installer and I cannot figure it out I have search the web read many forum postings and nothing they suggest has worked First what is happening When I try to install anything and I mean anything Windows updates Windows Installer trouble... program updates new software the suggested files to download and install to fix this problem the install fails I get different error codes messages but I believe they all mean the same thing Windows Installer trouble... Sometimes I get a popup window saying Windows Installer trouble... The Windows Installer Service could not be access This can occur if the Windows Installer is not correctly installed Contact your support personnel for assistance Other times I get Failed to install update Microsoft Installer error The Windows Installer Service could not be accessed This can occur if the Windows Installer is not correctly installed With a Windows Update Error s found Code Windows Update encountered an unknown error Searching the web I found references back to the Windows Installer If I go to the Windows Services to see what is going on I find that the Windows Modules Installer which I m assuming is the Windows Installer these errors messages are talking about is STOPPED and set to MANUAL I have started the service AND set it to Automatic which is seems to me is how it should be set though I am not sure and I still get the same errors messages I don t know what to do short of nuke and pave rebuild and I REALLY do not want to do that ----------------------- Information from other posts --------- I have been told this is due to low disk space However I have GB of free space What hasn t been answered is could it be referring to my D which came configured as a RECOVERY drive The D has GB of free space --------- It was suggested that I run FixIt but I have to install it to run it and I cannot install anything ----------------------- Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated I have two important software upgrades that I will need to do very soon and will not be able to with this problem Thank you in advance Jim nbsp

Relevancy 58.91%

I am receiving an error message when I try to update my windows 7 it states that it cannot update the windows installer code 80070641 and code 641 it will not let me update any programs on my computer.. like McAfee or I tunes etc.thanks for any help I can get.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/having-trouble-updating-windows-7-installer.1088824/
Relevancy 58.91%

Windows Ultimate -Bit Heres a installer windows with of Loads trouble list of what I've done that could have led up to this Burned a DVD DVD-RW drive broke when I hit my head on it while the tray was open Loads of trouble with windows installer checking something out under my desk Everything locks up and computer wont do anything until I shut it off twice by holding down the power button and unplugging Loads of trouble with windows installer the DVD-RW drive Turn windows back on Loads of trouble with windows installer a vast majority of my programs are missing their icons and are just using the generic one I go to uninstall alot of them and i get error messages like quot The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable Click ok to try again or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package quot insert filename msi here quot Always a msi file This leads me to believe windows installer got corrupt somehow I even re-downloaded steam and went to click on the installer also an msi and it gave me trouble for it I had to manually direct the error window which was insisting it was on a different network to the msi I had just downloaded and then it worked I have now uninstalled most everything I could that I wasnt using mostly alot of games It seems like only the ones with the missing icons cannot be uninstalled I am trying using both ccleaner and the standard add remove programs window I ran spybot it turned up no trojans or spyware Brief list of programs that lost their icons Note that I can not uninstall them but if I execute them they run perfectly fine If I re-download them they reinstall fine Everything adobe Itunes and quicktime steam nHancer It seemed like alot more a minute ago because when I say everything adobe I mean everything All like something programs Photoshop reader acrobat everything Flash player did it too I think What the crap do I do now I'm completely lost as to why this happened and to a simple solution to it I want to get windows installer working again

A:Loads of trouble with windows installer

Remove the broken DVD player (both the data and the power plugs MUST be disconnected)
Reboot the system a minimum of 3 times.

If that doesn't fix it, use System Restore to restore the system to a point before you dinged your head. That should restore the functions. If not, post back for us to try more things to fix it.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/loads-of-trouble-with-windows-installer-464446.html
Relevancy 58.91%

when i instal programs which need windows installer (norton partition magic for example) window pop-ups with the message: The Windows Installer Service could not be accessed. then instalation process fail.

Relevancy 58.91%

Suddenly I got these error messages when opening different type of installer appearing to use the "Windows Installer"

MSI and EXE fails to install.

Any help appreciated! I need to install some stuff for my computer right now.

A:[SOLVED] Trouble with the Windows Installer

Try re-installing the Windows installer.

Regards Jason

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-trouble-with-the-windows-installer-232310.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi people first post here I am having serious trouble with an annoying virus Everytime i open a folder start menu and some program the windows installer trouble Installer with Windows Annoying pops up It is really annoying 'cause i need to be fast searching a program in start menu before the pop up appears and close the menu I am using NOD updated but nothing was founded by that AV I ran ComboFix and HijackThis Here are their logs Quote Originally Posted by HijackThis Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Annoying trouble with Windows Installer Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Arquivos de programas ESET ESET Smart Security ekrn exe C Arquivos de programas FolderSize FolderSizeSvc exe C Arquivos de programas Java jre bin jqs exe C Arquivos de programas Arquivos comuns Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG mdm exe c Arquivos de programas Arquivos comuns Protexis License Service PsiService exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system wbem wmiapsrv exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Arquivos de programas Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Arquivos de programas Stardock ObjectDock ObjectDock exe C Documents and Settings Cliente Meus documentos Downloads HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - Service Eset HTTP Server EhttpSrv - ESET - C Arquivos de programas ESET ESET Smart Security EHttpSrv exe O - Service Eset Service ekrn - ESET - C Arquivos de programas ESET ESET Smart Security ekrn exe O - Service Folder Size FolderSize - Brio - C Arquivos de programas FolderSize FolderSizeSvc exe O - Service Java Quick Starter JavaQuickStarterService - Sun Microsystems Inc - C Arquivos de programas Java jre bin jqs exe O - Service nProtect GameGuard Service npggsvc - Unknown owner - C WINDOWS system GameMon des exe file missing O - Service NVIDIA Display Driver Service NVSvc - NVIDIA Corporation - C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe O - Service Protexis Licensing V PSI SVC - Protexis Inc - c Arquivos de programas Arquivos comuns Protexis License Service PsiService exe -- End of file - bytes Quote Originally Posted by ComboFix ComboFix - - - Cliente - NTFSx Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - Executando de c combofix ComboFix exe Comandos utilizados c combofix CFScript txt AV ESET Smart Security On-access scanning disabled Updated E E D - - F - FB -D ACA F C FW ESET Personal firewall enabled E E D - - - A -A B F C FFE Arquivos Ficheiros criados de - - to - - - - - - ------w- c windows system spmsgXP k dll - - - - -------- d-----w- c windows LastGood - - - - ----a-w- c windows system WdfCoInstaller dll - - - - -------- d-----w- c documents and settings Cliente Dados de aplicativos kikin - - - - -------- d-----w- c arquivos de programas kikin - - - - -------- d-----w- c documents and settings Cliente Dados de aplicativos Alien Skin - - - - -------- d-----w- c arquivos de programas Alien Skin - - - - -------- d-----w- c documents and settings All Users Dados de aplicativos Spybot - Search amp Destroy - - - - -------- d-----w- c arquivos de programas Spybot - Search amp Destroy - - - - -------- d-----w- c arquivos de programas COMODO - - - - -------- d-----w- c arquivos de programas CPUID - - - - ----a-w- c windows system drivers cpuz x sys - - - - ----a-w- c arquivos de programas Arquivos comuns dx reg - - - - ----a-w- c windows system DXErr exe - - - - ----a-w- c windows system dxcpl exe - - - - ----a-w- c windows system dwmapi dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system dxgi dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system unins dat - - - - ----a-w- c windows system unins exe - - - - ----a-w- c windows system d d dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system d d... Read more

Relevancy 58.91%

Whenever I try to open pics, clipart, etc. the Windows Installer pops up and says, "preparing to install" and nothing happens.

It will not go away when I click cancel and if it does disappear it promptly starts again.

I have to go to Task Manager and End Task to get rid of it.

This started to happen about the same time I installed Office 2007.

I have been to Microsoft, unistalled and reinstalled Office and nothing has worked yet. It is connected to error 1635 but the fix information I've tried references an HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE line that does not match anything in my reg when I go to edit.

Help.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-installer-picture-manager-issues-310306.html
Relevancy 58.05%

As requested a few extra things to add i cannot install uninstall a program because Windows Installer just freezes cannot use task manager to kill a process cannot boot in safe mode only comes up with black screen Windows explorer also comes up as quot Not Responding quot but operates ok if i disable all add ons currently all start up programs have been disabled but problem still persists Also the attach txt did not come up when i ran the dds scr DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Yahya at on Internet Explorer Microsoft Off" responding Task Manager hangs, "Logging Windows Windows and Vista not Installer Windows Vista Home Premium GMT AV McAfee VirusScan On-access scanning enabled Updated FW McAfee Personal Firewall enabled Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss C Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcs C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system SLsvc exe C Windows Windows Vista "Logging Off" hangs, Windows Installer and Task Manager not responding system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows system agrsmsvc exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Windows system svchost exe -k bthsvcs C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL MSSQL Binn sqlservr exe C Windows system srvany exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C pvsw bin w dbsmgr exe C Program Files CyberLink Shared Files RichVideo exe C Program Files SiteAdvisor SAService exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlbrowser exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Windows System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroup C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files Samsung Easy Display Manager dmhkcore exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files Samsung EBM EasyBatteryMgr exe C Program Files SAMSUNG EasySpeedUpManager EasySpeedUpManager exe C Program Files Samsung Samsung Magic Doctor MagicDoctorKbdHk exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Windows system WerCon exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Windows system wuauclt exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Windows system vssvc exe C Windows system taskmgr exe C Windows system taskmgr exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system RacAgent exe C Windows system taskmgr exe C Windows system taskmgr exe C Windows system msiexec exe c program files windows defender MpCmdRun exe C Windows Explorer exe C Windows system msiexec exe C Windows Explorer exe C Windows Explorer exe C Users Yahya AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Yahya AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Yahya AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Windows system SearchProtocolHost exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Windows system DllHost exe C Windows system DllHost exe C Users Yahya Desktop dds scr C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www facebook com uInternet Settings ProxyOverride local uInternet Settings ProxyServer uSearchURL Default hxxp search aol co uk web isinit true amp query s BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dll BHO FGCatchUrl f -aa - b - f d- a b e ef - c program files flashget jccatch dll BHO CA F - F E- B -A E- E E ... Read more

A:Windows Vista "Logging Off" hangs, Windows Installer and Task Manager not responding

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.comDDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERER,K

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/222923/windows-vista-logging-off-hangs-windows-installer-and-task-manager-not-responding/
Relevancy 58.05%

Im using Vista and everytime I try to Shut Down it hangs on the Logoff screen...

.... Pressing ctrl+alt+del no longer brings up Task Manager despite the icon being displayed in the icon tray so i cant close any programs

--- windows explorer doesnt work properly .. not responding ....

.... If i try to install a program, windows installer doesnt do it, if i cancel it just says cancelling and hangs....

.... anyone as to any ideas how to resolve ...

thanks - yahya

A:Logoff / Task Manager / Windows Installer all hanging

How long has this issue beein going on?What programs do you have running at startup? Have you tried disabling with a startup manager, then re-enabling one at a time?Have you tried using System Restore or System Restore from a command prompt in Safe Mode to return to a previous state before your problems began?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/222634/logoff-task-manager-windows-installer-all-hanging/
Relevancy 58.05%

Within the last three days my computer running Windows XP has started trying to install Roxio Media Manager. It keeps running over and over again and will not stop.

I have purchased Error Expert to try and stop it but it has not worked. Wondering a couple fo tings. If I totally uninstall Roxio Media Manager will that help? Not sure this would be a good thing but this is driving me crazy.

How do I stop windows installer from trying to install this progam?

A:Windows Installer keeps trying to install Roxio Media Manager

TSF,
Suggest you follow the link in my signature to especially download, update definitions and run Malwarbytes free. There are other cleaning tools in the link Learning each day that should also be of assistance to you.

Let us know if there is improvement,

kind regards,

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-installer-keeps-trying-to-install-roxio-media-manager-483679.html
Relevancy 57.62%

I downloaded all the updates that came out a few days ago but this one refuses to work for some reason Microsoft isn t exactly helpful about WHY this won t work so I can only guess and probably guess wrong Maybe I m overdoing the spyware adware programs I don t Windows (not Microsoft 3.1 Trouble installing Installer urgent) think that s it Here Trouble installing Microsoft Windows Installer 3.1 (not urgent) is HijackThis Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE C Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exe C Program Files Kerio Personal Firewall kpf ss exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C WINDOWS System wltrysvc exe C WINDOWS System bcmwltry exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasServ exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashDisp exe C Program Files SpywareGuard sgmain exe C Program Files Kerio Personal Firewall kpf gui exe C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasDtServ exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exe C Program Files Kerio Personal Firewall kpf gui exe C Program Files SpywareGuard sgbhp exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C unzipped hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http my myway com index jsp R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http my myway com index jsp R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http my myway com index jsp R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Microsoft Internet Explorer O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO SpywareGuard Download Protection - A E - F- - B - B DDD DB - C Program Files SpywareGuard dlprotect dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar no name - ACB E - - C -A - B A A CB - no file O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run gcasServ quot C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasServ exe quot O - HKLM Run avast quot C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashDisp exe quot O - Startup SpywareGuard lnk C Program Files SpywareGuard sgmain exe O - HKCU Software Policies Microsoft Internet Explorer Restrictions present O - HKCU Software Policies Microsoft Internet Explorer Control Panel present O - Extra context menu item amp Google Search - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmsearch html O - Extra context menu item Backward Links - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmbacklinks html O - Extra context menu item Cached Snapshot of Page - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmcache html O - Extra context menu item Download with GetRight - C Program Files GetRight GRdownload htm O - Extra context menu item Open with GetRight Browser - C Program Files GetRight GRbrowse htm O - Extra context menu item Similar Pages - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmsimilar html O - Extra context menu item Translate into English - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmtrans html O - Extra button eBay - Homepage - EF EAC - - E -B BD-BA C F AC A - C Program Files IrfanView Ebay Ebay htm O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Extra Tools menuitem Windows Messenger... Read more

A:Trouble installing Microsoft Windows Installer 3.1 (not urgent)

Try this to start with

Click Start | Run

type msiexec /unreg, and then press ENTER.

Click Start | Run

type msiexec /regserver, and then press ENTER.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trouble-installing-microsoft-windows-installer-3-1-not-urgent.353100/
Relevancy 57.62%

I use Sony Vaio.. the problem is that a Vaio Analysis manager / Windows Installer window keeps popping up and it suddenly exit without me even knowing what it is doing or installing.

A:Vaio Analysis manager / Windows Installer window keeps popping up

Hello zolboo and a warm welcome to the Forum
I found this on the Sony website. If you follow the instructions it should solve your problem

Quote:
This is the Vaio Personalisation Manager which keeps track of your favorite music, programs etc. As far as I can work out it is designed to make personalised recommendations of music or other things you may be interested in when using Vaio Media Gallery. Rather like Amazon's Personal Recommendations.
If you don't want this service then just disable it. Go to VAIO Analysis Manager and you will find an option something like ' Preference Learning' - just uncheck it and reboot.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/251459-vaio-analysis-manager-windows-installer-window-keeps-popping-up.html
Relevancy 57.19%

when i try to install Itunes i get the following dialogue box When i click ok nothing happens i have tried updating my windows installer I have also tried the windows installer cleanup utility which i get an error message when i try to install Any help would be greatly appreciated Thank you in advance Dialogue box when trying to install Windows Installer V msiexec Option lt Required Parameter gt Optional Parameter Install Options lt package i gt lt Product msi this possibly included with installer hijack log trouble malware? windows gt Installs or configures a product a lt Product msi gt Administrative install - Installs a product on the network j lt u m gt lt Product msi gt t lt Transform List gt g lt Language trouble with windows installer possibly malware? hijack this log included ID gt Advertises a product - m to all users u to current user lt uninstall x gt lt Product msi ProductCode gt Uninstalls the product Display trouble with windows installer possibly malware? hijack this log included Options quiet Quiet mode no user interaction passive Unattended mode - progress bar only q n b r f Sets user interface level n - No UI b - Basic UI r - Reduced UI f - Full UI default help Help information Restart Options norestart Do not restart after the installation is complete promptrestart Prompts the user for restart if necessary forcerestart Always restart the computer after installation Logging Options l i w e a r u c m o p v x lt LogFile gt i - Status messages w - Nonfatal warnings e - All error messages a - Start up of actions r - Action-specific records u - User requests c - Initial UI parameters m - Out-of-memory or fatal exit information o - Out-of-disk-space messages p - Terminal properties v - Verbose output x - Extra debugging information - Append to existing log file - Flush each line to the log - Log all information except for v and x options log lt LogFile gt Equivalent of l lt LogFile gt Update Options update lt Update msp gt Update msp Applies update s uninstall lt PatchCodeGuid gt Update msp package lt Product msi ProductCode gt Remove update s for a product Repair Options f p e c m s o d a u v lt Product msi ProductCode gt Repairs a product p - only if file is missing o - if file is missing or an older version is installed default e - if file is missing or an equal or older version is installed d - if file is missing or a different version is installed c - if file is missing or checksum does not match the calculated value a - forces all files to be reinstalled u - all required user-specific registry entries default m - all required computer-specific registry entries default s - all existing shortcuts default v - runs from source and recaches local package Setting Public Properties PROPERTY PropertyValue Consult the Windows Installer SDK for additional documentation on the command line syntax Copyright Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved Portions of this software are based in part on the work of the Independent JPEG Group Error Message when trying to install cleanup utility Command Line option syntax error Type Command for Help HijackThis Logfile Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Verizon Verizon Internet Security Suite Fws exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin WLKeeper exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA COMMON AOL ACS AOLacsd exe C Program Files Raxco PerfectDisk PD Agent exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Verizon Verizon Internet Security Suite SafeConnect Bin SanaAgent exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ZcfgSvc exe C WINDOW... Read more

A:trouble with windows installer possibly malware? hijack this log included

Hiya

Are you still having this problem? If so, can you do the following:

Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from Here or

Here

Double Click mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
Once the program has loaded, select "Perform Quick Scan", then click Scan.
The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.
When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart.(See Extra Note)
The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
Copy&Paste the entire report in your next reply.
Extra Note:
If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove,you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts,click OK to either and let MBAM proceed

with the disinfection process,if asked to restart the computer,please do so immediatly.
Download and scan with SUPERAntiSpyware Free for Home Users
Double-

click SUPERAntiSpyware.exe and use the default settings for installation.
An icon will be created on your desktop. Double-click that icon to launch the program.
If asked to update the program definitions, click "Yes". If not, update the definitions before scanning by selecting "Check for Updates".

(If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download and unzip them from

here.)
Under "Configuration and Preferences", click the Preferences button.
Click the Scanning Control tab.
Under Scanner Options make sure the following are checked (leave all others unchecked):
Close browsers before

scanning.
Scan for tracking cookies.
Terminate memory threats before quarantining.

Click the "Close" button to leave the control center screen.
Back on the main screen, under "Scan for Harmful Software" click Scan your computer.
On the left, make sure you check C:\Fixed Drive.
On the right, under "Complete Scan", choose Perform Complete Scan.
Click "Next" to start the scan. Please be patient while it scans your computer.
After the scan is complete, a Scan Summary box will appear with potentially harmful items that were detected. Click "OK".
Make sure everything has a checkmark next to it and click "Next".
A notification will appear that "Quarantine and Removal is Complete". Click "OK" and then click the "Finish" button to return to the

main menu.
If asked if you want to reboot, click "Yes".
To retrieve the removal information after reboot, launch SUPERAntispyware again.
Click Preferences, then click the

Statistics/Logs tab.
Under Scanner Logs, double-click SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log.
If there are several logs, click the current dated log and press View log. A text file will open in your default text editor.
Please copy and paste the Scan Log results in your next reply.

Click Close to exit the program.
So, in your next reply, post the contents of the MBAM log, SAS log and a fresh HijackThis log

Regards

eddie

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trouble-with-windows-installer-possibly-malware-hijack-this-log-included.834180/
Relevancy 56.76%

For several years I used a Seagate External Drive and a program called Seagate Manger to backup my files each evening I liked the system because it resulted in just one copy of all my files in C I could at any time go to the folder in Seagate Manager C on the backup Seagate Manager drive where my file resided and find the latest copy of any file in my computer If I did not increase the number of files on my hard drive my backup file size did not increase When I received a new computer with Windows on it I was told that Seagate Manager would not work and I would have to use Seagate Dashboard The problem with Seagate Dashboard is that is does incremental backups each day That means the backup files keep growing and to find the latest copy of Seagate Manager a given file I have to either know when it was last changed or do a time-consuming search since every day there is a new folder with those files that have been changed in the last hours I decided to try an alternative solution From my old Win computer I copied all the files and folders in the Seagate Manager folder in quot Program files x quot put them on a flash drive and copied them to the Program files x folder in my new Win computer hoping the program might work It does but the starting window where you pick the place to which you will back up files does not recognize my external hard drive I am wondering whether there are some dll files elsewhere in my old computer which I need to move and if so where or is it that Seagate Manager will just not work in Win Any ideas

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/seagate-manager-1153689.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I have a 500 GB Seagate Go external hard drive I have used for about a year. I have files and pictures saved to it that are not backed up anywhere else. Suddenly it has stopped working. When I plug it into my laptop I get a beeping noise for a short time and then it stops. In Device Manager it says it is not plugged in even when it is. Is there any way to fix this without losing my files and photos and without spending hundreds of dollars? I'm a beginner with these things so need to explain it to me so I understand what you are talking about. Thanks if you can help. Lesson learned about backing up backups! Hope I can get my files and photos back because I am heart sick at the thought I may have lost everything.

Relevancy 55.47%

I just bought an external Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex 1 TB External HDD and when I plug it into the USB 3.0 on my motherboard, it recognizes the device and the autoplay comes up. However, after about 2 seconds it disconnects and I cannot see the device. When I plug into any other USB 2.0 port, it works just fine but when I plug into my USB 3.0 port, it doesn't stay connected. I am not a newbie and I am not missing anything here. I have all the proper drivers, updated, etc. I have checked the cable but I do not have any more USB 3.0 devices to troubleshoot it with. Please help if I am missing anything here...

VVV Click the "My System Specs" link that this forum provides to see what I am working with.

A:Seagate 1 TB External HDD Trouble

Don't know if this will help or not but not too long ago I bought a 1TB freeagent goflex usb 2.0 with an extra esata cable. When using the esata cable I'd get a momentary autoplay dialog box and then nothing. The usb 2.0 cable worked fine. I contacted Seagate customer support, explained the problem, and they over-nighted me a new esata cable. Seems they had a run of defective cables where it attaches to the drive itself.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/234708-seagate-1-tb-external-hdd-trouble.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Folks I am at my wits end with the nd seagate gigabyte HDD I have had lost. Trouble I am a with seagate, Solved: today I want this drive to be my system drive and my gig WD to be the slave The first drive had a clicking sound in it brand new and the click of death I took it back and got it replaced The second drive is seen by windows smart status Solved: Trouble with a seagate, I am lost. is fantastic and it passes seagates diagnostics I have done quite Solved: Trouble with a seagate, I am lost. a few things to try to keep this post from happening I tried copying the drive with seagates disk wizard shutting down and switching the seagate to master and the WD to slave I have tried setting both drives to cable select I have switched cables thinking maybe I have a bad cable Nothing I have even tried unplugging the WD and installing windows on the seagate The installation starts and goes to the first boot sequence where windows would actually be installed Instead of windows being installed the whole process starts over even though I have boot from CD as the third option in the bios I have tried removing the CD to try to get it to boot and ask for it I get an invalid boot and it asks for the freaking windows disk This is a never ending cycle I can store files on the disk when the WD is the Solved: Trouble with a seagate, I am lost. system disk The drive is fast but it just is in a hating mood I think I have covered what I have tried but I have tried so many things I might have left something out Man I think the drive just hates me Any ideas I might have overlooked the obvious I wouldn t doubt it because at this moment I am one pissed off Skivvy nbsp

Relevancy 54.18%

I had a new desktop PC in August this year. Prior to that Seagate was connected to my laptop and working well, quietly in the background. However, I've now found that on the new PC it isn't backing up my files. I've set it to back up continuously but when I check on my work find that it's still 3 months out of date and has not done anything. I can see the back up is running so why aren't my personal files being backed up despite being checked on the list?

This is so annoying as I now have to resort to a memory stick and do it all manually. Can anyone give me a simple solution please?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/still-trouble-with-seagate-dashboard-external-drive.1136758/
Relevancy 54.18%

I am having a huge problem I really need some help on this every other source I've looked for for help has not worked and I really really really don't want to re-install Windows Please ANY help would be appreciated I use Seagate Manager software for backing up my files to an external hard drive When I went to click on the quot Custom Install/Uninstall Manager 1606 Seagate Error Backup quot utility today it gave me a quot paramter not accessible quot error I then went to reinstall the Seagate Manager software But when I went to uninstall it it keeps giving me an quot Error Could Not Access Network Location PUBLIC Desktop quot I have tried doing everything I can think of I have followed instructions from people including but not limited to Deleting all the Seagate files in Program Files They are no longer there but the problem still persists Changing some registry values although I haven't changed much and the problem still persists I have followed all the instructions on the Microsoft site for fixing this problem including running their automated quot Fix Me quot tool or whatever it's called That hasn't worked either I have also followed the instructions of several different uninstalling utilities including CCleaner None have worked Here is a screenshot of the error Please I repeat PLEASE help me with this I simply do not have the time to be reinstalling Windows and all my other programs because of Error 1606 Seagate Manager Install/Uninstall a stupid error that probably has a really simple fix PLEASE PLEASE help Thank you

A:Error 1606 Seagate Manager Install/Uninstall

Quote: Originally Posted by CelestialScribe

I am having a huge problem. I really need some help on this, every other source I've looked for for help has not worked, and I really, really, really don't want to re-install Windows 7. Please, ANY help would be appreciated.

I use Seagate Manager software for backing up my files to an external hard drive. When I went to click on the "Custom Backup" utility today, it gave me a "paramter not accessible" error.

I then went to reinstall the Seagate Manager software. But when I went to uninstall it, it keeps giving me an "Error 1606: Could Not Access Network Location %PUBLIC%\Desktop\"

I have tried doing everything I can think of. I have followed instructions from people including but not limited to:

1. Deleting all the Seagate files in Program Files. They are no longer there, but the problem still persists.
2. Changing some registry values, although I haven't changed much and the problem still persists.
3. I have followed all the instructions on the Microsoft site for fixing this problem, including running their automated "Fix Me" tool, or whatever it's called. That hasn't worked either.
4. I have also followed the instructions of several different uninstalling utilities including CCleaner. None have worked.

Here is a screenshot of the error:

Please...I repeat PLEASE help me with this. I simply do not have the time to be reinstalling Windows and all my other programs because of a stupid error that probably has a really simple fix. PLEASE, PLEASE help.

Thank you.

If the only thing you are trying to do is remove and re-install the software we can help, but after the other mods you made chances are really good it wont help.

I am assuming you dont have a backup. Do you have a win 7 dvd?/

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/123147-error-1606-seagate-manager-install-uninstall.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi I have been searching all day and cant find something that actually works On my old computer sis fx chipset with Pentium i want to install xp sp the old disk that 1TB hard new sataII xp seagate trouble on drive installing i have on my new HD as the old one is dying and i want to get rid of it however i cant seem to install it properly to get it to boot off the new drive I could initially install it on trouble installing xp on new seagate 1TB sataII hard drive the drive however when it says that windows will continue install after restart it just goes back to the windows setup and wants to install the xp on the drive again i have tried changing around the order initally - floppy cd hdd of startup from cd to hdd now - Hdd Cd USB but if i change the order to this booting just goes in circles detects drives then restarts and does it over and over I put the old drive back in too and booted it up from that and then tried to install xp from the disk once in the OS but it takes me back out to booting from the disk and installing that way again which does exactly the same thing I have just about exhausted all the options that i know and can find ANY help to get this fixed would be excellent Cheers

A:trouble installing xp on new seagate 1TB sataII hard drive

Hello bowen

Disconnect all peripherals and remove all cards except the video card.

Also do not use a USB keyboard or mouse. Use the PS2 variety.

Try that and see if it helps

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/trouble-installing-xp-on-new-seagate-1tb-sataii-hard-drive-491974.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I have a Seagate 500gb drive that I need to test and I do not know it history.
When I plug it into a XP machine the computer does not see it.

Does this drive need a special driver for windows XP or do I have a bad
drive? How can I trouble shoot. Its part number is 9NL6A6-500 and is
called Seagate Freeagent Pro.

Thank you,

Relevancy 53.32%

hello, i have been having trouble installing a new hard drive on my system.
don't laugh but it is a
hp pavilionxt963 (it was free)
CPU:intel celron 1200 mhz
mobo: ASUS CUW-AW/MEW-AM
Chipset: Intel 810E (whitney) + 1CH
Video:nVidia GeForce MX 4000
Hard Drive: Samsung SV4002H 40GB

i have a seagate barracuda hd 250gb sata st3250823as
that i am trying to install for storage.
i have a syba 2 channel pci controler card that the drivers are reconized and works properly. but when i reboot after using discwizard, it gives me an error message.
i have even change pci slots and still get this:
-expansion rom not initialized- pci mass storage controller
bios:01, device:0A, funtion:00

A:trouble installing seagate barracuda hd 250gb sata with pci controller

That's not necessarily an error message..

Can you see anything that would show the controller recognising the attahced Seagate? Do you see the drive in Windows?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trouble-installing-seagate-barracuda-hd-250gb-sata-with-pci-controller.44426/
Relevancy 49.88%

I downloaded Rappelz Epic 5 full game client and Archlord Episode 3 full game client, but when I double click the .exe installer nothing happens, I have never had this problem before. Thanks for the help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/game-installer-trouble.753637/
Relevancy 49.88%

my roommate has been having problems with her computer. i installed zone alarm security suite on her computer and have done numerous scans. but when she crtl-alt-deletes it says "task manger has been disabled by your administrator" (admin has not disabled it though) and when she opens a shortcut or an application it says "adobe installer" something or other and "installs" something. I've tried finding out what it was but if i can't get in task manger to see what process' are running when the "adobe" comes up i don't think i can figure out where it's running from. any help is appreciated. thank you.

A:adobe installer and task manager

Allows you to enable or disable Task Manager for the Current User
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_taskmgrenab.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/adobe-installer-and-task-manager.675357/
Relevancy 49.45%

Sir

When trying to install Devastation the Install Shiled Wizard setup which tries to "Preapre for installation" gives this message "
Error Number: 0x80070725
Description: Incompatible Version of the RPC stub.

Setp will now terminate"

Please help me how to overcome this situation.

Akshat

P.S-- I am attaching a detailed information about my PC in a text file

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/devastation-installer-giving-trouble.201827/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello all,
I am a dummy at all this, and would be glad for your help! Yesterday i had a pop up reminder from dell for system updates for my dell inspiron 15 5000 laptop. I agreed to installation, after updates were installed the the computer kept freezing, then it shut down, I got a message saying the system was being scanned and repaired, then I continued to have issues - unable to type anything, click on anything, then after sometime it seemed to unfreeze and I could access programs etc again. 
The installation was a BIOS upgrade, but I also noticed  ADM installer manager software was also installed during that upgrade. Is this usual? is this software ok?
Any advice very welcome, many thanks!!
p

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19996008
Relevancy 49.02%

I am having a problem when I attempt to run a downloaded installer. After downloading an installer for a game, when I run the installer, instead of installing the game, my Task Manager and Windows Explorer freeze. Does anyone know what causes this and how to fix it.
Thank you

A:Installer crashes Task Manager and Explorer

Check Resource Monitor - does CPU, RAM, HDD, etc... pin at 100%?
START | type perfmon /res

Also check -

1. WERCON -
START | type view | "View all Problem Reports" | 2x-click on line item for additional crash info

2. Reliability Monitor -
START | type perfmon /rel

3. Event Viewer -
START | type eventvwr.msc | Custom Views | Administrative Events

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/installer-crashes-task-manager-and-explorer-531135.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I have a customer s computer here from Wizard) Disk Ontrack Disk files (Seagate partition Manager Recovering that has two hard disks a GB and a GB The GB is the boot drive and has been set up with Ontrack Disk Manager part of Seagate Disk Wizard both drives are Seagate drives the GB is regular NTFS The machine originally ran WinME but has been upgraded to XP The problem is that Disk Manager comes up with an error on startup saying it can t find Recovering files from Ontrack Disk Manager (Seagate Disk Wizard) partition the operating system I Recovering files from Ontrack Disk Manager (Seagate Disk Wizard) partition can t get into the GB drive to find out what s happened it doesn t show up as a readable partition when I boot off a floppy or plug the drive into another machine Partition Magic reads it as a quot Disk Manager quot partition When I boot off the XP setup CD it doesn t see any partitions on the drive The most I ve been able to do is run EasyRecovery over the drive using the RAW partition type i e it doesn t find any files as FAT or NTFS which allows me to extract all the files but without the filenames or directories Spinrite seemed to find a bad sector when I did a level recovery Seatools found Recovering files from Ontrack Disk Manager (Seagate Disk Wizard) partition no errors on the drive Does anyone know how you can copy files off a drive that has been set up with Ontrack Disk Manager I installed ODM on a workshop computer but it doesn t seem to have any feature that lets me convert the drive to a regular partition format or extract files from it nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/recovering-files-from-ontrack-disk-manager-seagate-disk-wizard-partition.334030/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello Media and Installer Google Manager Roxio Redirection and please help So a couple of weeks ago Google Redirection and Roxio Media Manager Installer I Google Redirection and Roxio Media Manager Installer read a couple of threads on how to get rid of Google Redirection after clicking on a link and I ran Malwarebytes this was the ONLY thing I did reading all the Google Redirection and Roxio Media Manager Installer threads nothing else since I figure everyone's comp is different and I thought it was removed because it no longer redirected me however after I had done that my antivirus is no longer updating each day as it used to to so each and everyday and now today after I uninstalled this video game of mine there is now a Roxio Media Manager installer that constantly pops up and will not cease to stop trying to install itself into my laptop So here's a HiJackThis log please take a look and help me out I appreciate all the help I can get thanks HijackThis Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic sched exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software bin btwdins exeC Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService isuspm exeC Program Files DNA btdna exeC Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BTTray exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC WINDOWS system msiexec exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files MSN Messenger usnsvc exeC Program Files Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic avguard exeC PROGRA COMMON INSTAL UPDATE agent exeC WINDOWS system MsiExec exeC Program Files Common Files InstallShield Driver Intel IDriverT exeC PROGRA COMMON INSTAL Driver INTEL IDriver exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC WINDOWS system wscntfy exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http hk music yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www hp com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localO - BHO no name - C BA A - F - BD-F - A C - no file O - Toolbar Verizon Broadband Toolbar - E BD F- B D- E- CB -AB BB AAE - C PROGRA VOL TO VOL TO DLLO - HKLM Run IMJPMIG quot C WINDOWS IME imjp IMJPMIG EXE quot Spoil RemAdvDef Migration O - HKLM Run PHIME ASync C WINDOWS system IME TINTLGNT TINTSETP EXE SYNCO - HKLM Run PHIME A C WINDOWS system IME TINTLGNT TINTSETP EXE IMENameO - HKLM Run SynTPLpr C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exeO - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeO - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exeO - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS system hkcmd exeO - HKLM Run Cpqset C Program Files HPQ Default Settings cpqset exeO - HKLM Run eabconfg cpl C Program Files HPQ Quick Launch Buttons EabServr exe StartO - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exeO - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run UpdateManager quot C Program Files Common Files Sonic Update Manager sgtray exe quot rO - HKLM Run LSBWatcher c hp drivers hplsbwatcher lsburnwatcher exeO - HKLM R... Read more

A:Google Redirection and Roxio Media Manager Installer

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/234899/google-redirection-and-roxio-media-manager-installer/
Relevancy 48.16%

Windows I have two TB Seagate HDDs that are a mirrored pair on a Marvell Raid Card nbsp Each HDD is TB I use this as a back up drive nbsp The Drive Seagate Disk - Manager) Invalid under (Disk 3TB 1 drive is partitioned into parts nbsp I believe I used MBR formatting but it may have been GUID nbsp It has been working as I have backed up around TB already wit no problem The drive is now invalid nbsp It shows up under the Marvell boot software with no errors The only thing I know that could have affected this HDD is that I unplugged an external hard drive from the USB nbsp the screen was not 3TB Seagate Drive - Invalid (Disk 1 under Disk Manager) on so I did not see anything nbsp The other thing was that the computer was rebooted by someone else and it may have been a hard boot nbsp before I noticed the problem If I am looking at the correct HDD with the program HxD i am not sure how to distinguish one hard drive from another on the program the side column in the hexadecimal listing has a note on line that says quot Invalid partition table Error loading operating system Missing operating system quot nbsp This does not seem like an error that should appear on a hard drive that is not the boot drive so I am not sure if I am looking at nbsp the correct drives What nbsp can I do

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/1d3b8e58-d0e7-4863-9b2e-5ccc39b063f8/3tb-seagate-drive-invalid-disk-1-under-disk-manager?forum=w7itprohardware
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello I'm David,
I'm new in the forum. As the title says, I have some problem  installing the icloud control panel in windows. At the end of the installation, the installer says that it has not the administrator privilegies to write in C:\ProgramData\microsoft\windos\Startmenu\programs\icloud.
I tried to used (in this sequence):
1- Malwarebytes anti malware
2-adwcleaner
3-JRT
4-OTL
In the following i'm posting the log of the programs (Hijackthis file included)
Can you help me in find what it is the problem?

Regards

P.S.
I opened everything as administrator not always the anti malware program even the icloud setup.

A:Icloud installer - windows installer does not have the administrator privilegies

I run Window Repair all in one too putting the MSI (windows installer) repair, but unfortunatly nothing changed

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/535544/icloud-installer-windows-installer-does-not-have-the-administrator-privilegies/
Relevancy 47.3%

I know I have windows installer installed, as Flashplayer and adobe installed it. Is it harmful, my brother is raising a lot of heck about it. I read the other old forum logs for windows installer and it does not see to be a problem. He also said that he has a program from windows called Trusted Installer. Checked back forum logs, nothing on trusted installer. I ran a search of my computer with no results. He said it stopped him from downloading SAS. He did a clean install and now it downloads and he cannot find no trusted installer on it. Is there such a thing as a trusted installer? Its only supposed to be in vista as he says. Curious about it as I cannot find nothing on my computer for trusted installer, windows installer yes, other NO.

A:Solved: windows installer/trusted installer?

http://www.trustedinstaller.com/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-installer-trusted-installer.913410/
Relevancy 47.3%

every time me or my wife logs into our accounts on windows we receive a pop up for windows installer and sonic decoder. they cannot be canceled unless I open the task manager and manually stop them I cant think of any changes I have made to msconfig or my registry that would cause this. I checked the event viewer log to see if there was any additional info but none was available. Any suggestions anyone?

My system also seems to be running very sluggishly way slower than normal, I ran a spyware scan Vundo fix and I am currently running a complete antivirus scan just to be safe even though I dont feel that this is malware/virus related.

A:windows installer/sonic decoder installer

so an update to this one....my computer is acting all sorts of weird now and programs are showing up that I deleted long ago....also when I view the audit in event viewer it shows a very large amount of registry errors. I am not familiar with the process to repair a corrupted registry . Is there anyone that could lend me some suggestions or guide me on the right path?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-installer-sonic-decoder-installer.719904/
Relevancy 45.58%

When I try to open the task manager with control/alt/delete it flashes on the screen for just a brief second and then closes itself.

I recently added a USB pci card and card reader. The problem with task manager started after the install of those items.

A:trouble with task manager

Though it may have something to do with your installations, this problem usually results from malware. Try running HijackThis and posting a log in the Security forum.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trouble-with-task-manager.402780/
Relevancy 45.58%

hi tech guys i need help XP, with trouble manager task regarding task manager i ve windows XP home edition when i try to open Task Manager it closes down immedietly i run hijack this and the log file is as follows can anybody help me which one i ve to fix thanks in advance chandu Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS XP, trouble with task manager system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System XP, trouble with task manager svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files F-Secure Common FSAA EXE C Program Files F-Secure Common FSMA EXE C Program Files F-Secure Common FSMB EXE C WINDOWS LogWatNT exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files F-Secure Common FCH EXE C Program Files F-Secure Common FAMEH EXE C Program Files F-Secure Common FSGK EXE C Program Files F-Secure Common FNRB EXE C Program Files F-Secure Common FIH EXE C Program Files F-Secure Anti-Virus fsav exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system S hotkey exe C WINDOWS system S tray exe C Program Files F-Secure Common FSM EXE C PROGRA EZButton CP NBtn EXE C Program Files Adaptec Easy CD Creator DirectCD DirectCD exe C WINDOWS system TESTING EXE C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exe C WINDOWS system explore exe C Program Files Common Files Nokia NCLTools NclTray exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files SlickRun sr exe C Documents and Settings All Users Start Menu Programs Startup EPFL EXE C Program Files Common Files Nokia Services ServiceLayer exe C PROGRA EZButton CPHKCnt EXE C Documents and Settings potluri Desktop hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page https mail dcu ie mail main R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer socks proxy dcu ie O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Google Desktop Search Capture - c ce - e - fc - - c - C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktopIE dll O - BHO IeCatch Class - A -E CA- D - CD - D B - C PROGRA FlashGet jccatch dll O - Toolbar FlashGet Bar - E E AB-F - D - D - BA E - C PROGRA FlashGet fgiebar dll O - HKLM Run S hotkey S hotkey exe O - HKLM Run S TRAY S tray exe O - HKLM Run F-Secure Manager quot C Program Files F-Secure Common FSM EXE quot splash O - HKLM Run CP NBtn C PROGRA EZButton CP NBtn EXE O - HKLM Run Winsock driver TESTING EXE O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run Video Services explore exe O - HKLM Run Nokia Tray Application C Program Files Common Files Nokia NCLTools NclTray exe O - HKLM RunServices Video Services explore exe O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run IridiumTimeWizard C Documents and Settings potluri Desktop iridium exe O - HKCU Run Yahoo Pager C Program Files Yahoo Messenger ypager exe -quiet O - HKCU Run SlickRun quot C Program Files SlickRun sr exe quot O - HKCU Run Google Desktop Search quot C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe quot startup O - HKCU RunOnce Winsock driver TESTING EXE O - Global Startup EPFL EXE O - Extra context menu item Download All by FlashGet - C Program Files FlashGet jc all htm O - Extra context menu item Download using FlashGet - C Program Files FlashGet jc link htm O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C WINDOWS System msjava dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C WINDOWS System msjava dll O - Extra button Researcher - C-CF B- D -A - C F C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Reference EROProj dll O - Extra button FlashGet - D E A -E C - d - D - BA E - C PROGRA FlashGet flashget exe O - Extra Tools menuitem amp Flas... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-trouble-with-task-manager.313601/
Relevancy 45.58%

I posted earlier today that I've had a similar virus to others posting recently. I have a Compaq running Windows 7 and received the Microsoft Security Essentials error that shuts down the computer after 1 minute. I've tried to run the FRST.exe to get this process started, but when I go to System Recovery, I get a little different screen then described on other posts. I'm seeing the Compaq Recovery Manager. The options are:
Microsoft System Restore
Microsoft Startup Repair Tool
System Recovery
Run Computer Checkup
File Backup Program

Can somebody please help me out here and let me know where to go from here? I'm struggling with this one!

Thanks.

A:Help! Still having trouble with recovery manager

Hi

I have reported your problem to a special group.

Someone should be with you soon.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/466039/help-still-having-trouble-with-recovery-manager/
Relevancy 45.58%

i cant get my task manager to show up... ive tried ctrl alt delete, and nothing happens... same thing if i right click the taskbar... someone help me!

A:Task manager trouble

Try these two methods before I give you any further help.

1. Start->Run
type taskmgr

2. Ctrl-Shift-Esc

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/task-manager-trouble.156843/
Relevancy 45.58%

I can't end the process javaw.exe
Any suggestions?

A:Task manager trouble

What version of Sun Java are you running?

Why are you finding it necessary to end process on that particular file?

What is your operating system?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/task-manager-trouble.1009895/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hello all. I really need your help. I've tried to open a downloaded file - TinyWallInstaller.msi - , but without success. I've learned that Windows blocks opening this and many other file extension types because it rates them as "high risk" or "invalid" with the pop-up : " Publisher Could Not Be Verified". I also came across a simple tutorial that does unblock this, but it doesn't apply to Vista Home Prem. - my O.S. So, that said, I'm looking for a good workaround that will enable me to unblock and open this neat firewall program. My experience is somewhat limited - would hope to avoid command prompt and registry editing if possible. However, at this point I'm willing to try just about anything! Please help!!!

A:MSI Installer Pkg. blocked by Windows Installer

Hi.

Have you tried going into control panel and disabling the windows firewall?

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/297752-msi-installer-pkg-blocked-windows-installer.html
Relevancy 45.15%

not sure what the problem is but it s affecting my background and ability to trouble manager task Background and access task manager please take a look ISSUE a background has been taken over with WARNING SPYWARE THREAT HAS BEEN DETECTED ON YOUR PC b taskbar keep popping up with your security and privacy are at risk spyware found etc c task manager has been disabled quot task manager has been disabled by your administrator quot Logfile Background and task manager trouble of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Background and task manager trouble Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system nusrmgr exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C windows system hpsysdrv exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C Program Files HP hpcoretech hpcmpmgr exe C WINDOWS System hphmon exe C HP KBD KBD EXE C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exe C WINDOWS Background and task manager trouble SOUNDMAN EXE C WINDOWS ALCWZRD EXE C WINDOWS ALCMTR EXE C Program Files Yahoo Antivirus CAVTray exe C Program Files Yahoo Antivirus CAVRID exe C Program Files Yahoo Antivirus ISafe exe C PROGRA Yahoo YOP yop exe C WINDOWS System gearsec exe C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C Program Files D-Tools daemon exe C Program Files Picasa PicasaMediaDetector exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files Updates from HP Program BackWeb- exe C Program Files Yahoo Antivirus VetMsg exe C Program Files Canon CAL CALMAIN exe C PROGRA Yahoo browser ycommon exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TY ion amp pf desktop R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TY ion amp pf desktop R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TY ion amp pf desktop R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http verizon yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TY ion amp pf desktop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TY ion amp pf desktop R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localhost R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO no name - -d e - bc -a bd- d ca be - no file O - BHO no name - - e- aac-afd -eff a dd - no file O - BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO no name - e f -a e - b -b - bf db fb - no file O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - dfedaa- - d -bfc - b a d - no file O - BHO no name - F - D - - AD - C D ADC - no file O - BHO no name - ace- - c -a ff-c d - no file O - BHO no name - adbcce -cf - e- b -afc a... Read more

Relevancy 44.72%

Up until last week, I had the iLivid Download Manager on my Windows Vista laptop and used it regularly. Recently I installed the AdwCleaner to remove all unauthorized adware, malware, and miscellaneous junk hiding thereabouts. It was effective...too effective, and I accidentally authorized the removal of iLivid during this process.
Now, when I try to re-install it, I am blocked with a "Forbidden" page that reads "You don't have permission to access /iLividSetup.exe on this server - Apache Server at download.ilivid.com Port 80".
How can this be? And how can I get around this?

Relevancy 44.72%

I am using Windows 2000 Professional. My cursor keeps on disappearing in the middle of typing something and I have to re-click on the area to go back to that cell or continue writing the word I was writing. Also, my task manager keeps disabling. When I enable it it will work for awhile then shut down again. I installed the latest service pack and ran a virus scan using both Norton and PCcillin. Can you please tell me in "simple" language how to help you help me fix these problems. Thanks

Relevancy 44.72%

For whatever reason, my PC has been infected with an adware application called asm.exe. My virus protection has expired, so I am forced to try to remove this manually.

However, most online guides are leading me to dead ends. I have tried to manually right click > delete the file, but I am not granted access...typical. I downloaded an application called Unlocker, which is supposed to force delete the file upon rebooting, but that failed. I have tried to enable my Task Manger (which was previously disabled by the virus) by running regedit, and finding the windows folder with System, and changing the value to 0. Upon rebooting, I still cannot access my Task Manger to attempt to delete the file.

A system restore/recovery is not in any way a resort I'd like to settle on, so does anyone have any information that can help me?

Thanks a ton.

A:Trouble with asm.exe virus and enabling of Task Manager

Welcome to TSF....

To get Expert Help with malware removal:

I recommend that you read this article… ( "Simply, click on the links to be re-directed.)

"Having problems with spyware and pop-ups? - First Steps";
http://www.techsupportforum.com/secu...oval-help.html

Please follow the instructions very carefully; then, post all the requested logs and information; as instructed, in the
HiJackThis Log Help Forum.
http://www.techsupportforum.com/secu...this-log-help/

Please ensure that you create a new thread in the HiJackThis Log Help Forum;
not back here in this one.

When carrying out The 5 Steps,
http://www.techsupportforum.com/secu...oval-help.html

if you cannot complete any of them for whatever reason, just continue on with the next one until they are all completed.
However,it is extremely important to make mention of the fact that you could not complete any of the steps in your post to HiJackThis Log Help Forum.
http://www.techsupportforum.com/secu...this-log-help/

where an Analyst will assist you with other workarounds.

Once done, please be patient, as the Security Team Analysts are usually very busy; one of them will answer your request as soon as they can. .

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/trouble-with-asm-exe-virus-and-enabling-of-task-manager-266080.html
Relevancy 44.29%

First I want to say that the drive works without problems at the correct speed The problems come upon disconnect I also want to to stress that USB discs are working flawlessly If I use safe eject and the look in the device manager I get an error saying that it has been shut down but not disconnected it also says I can rectify it by disconnecting and reconnecting but this does not work If I do USB causing 3.0 manager. in trouble drive External device so the drive will not be recognized The enclosure has a power switch After a safe eject I have tried both pulling the USB cable while power is still on and also going the other way by first shutting the power down In both cases the error shows External USB 3.0 drive causing trouble in device manager. in device manager When this happens the CPU load goes up to about and stays that way when it before was around at idle If External USB 3.0 drive causing trouble in device manager. I reboot the drive reconnects and I have no problem with it unless I try to safely eject it again Sometimes I get a BSOD when shutting down the computer I want to stress that it so far only happens during shutdown I downloaded a small program that could read the crashdump and it blames the Etron host controller Does anybody have any experience with this

A:External USB 3.0 drive causing trouble in device manager.

I had a similar problem awhile back what I did to resolve it was went to my laptops manufacture website and downloaded
the latest driver for the usb that solved the problem .

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/272401-external-usb-3-0-drive-causing-trouble-device-manager.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Win8.1 seems to have problems with an old Iomega external hard disk. The drive is SATA and the Iomega casing adds a USB connection with one cable for data and the other for extra power if required.

In the past I had totally reformated the Iomega drive and got rid of the DVD ROM emulation partition etc. But trying to repartition or format it with Disk Manager is a nightmare. It has been formatting for an hour so far. I also tried booting from a Linux live CD and that partitioned the drive easy peasy. So why has MS got a problem?

A:Win8.1 disk manager having trouble formatting USB drive

I have found over the years external USB drives to have a large number of problems with communicating to Windows. The drive controller housed within the external enclosure does not last very long, even the newest versions. More often than not I find myself disassembling the hardware to extract the drive itself, which I can then connect directly to IDE or Sata.

If this drive uses USB 1.1 even a quick format could take some time. Luckily things like Linux exist as a way to help alleviate the burden from Windows.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/41186-win8-1-disk-manager-having-trouble-formatting-usb-drive.html
Relevancy 43.86%

We just finished most of a migration to Exchange Standard from Enterprise Everything has been moved over to the k server and the server while still connected to the site is not in use for anything When in Exchange System Mngr if I drill down to Admin Groups Folders Public Folders I get prompted to enter a username and password even when logged in with the highest level domain admin account After entering this I get an error message that says Could not locate the root folder Ensure that your default virtual server is running and its is configured correctly ID no c b Exchange System Manager After System Trouble Folders Viewing with Manager Exchange Public clicking ok if I right click and select system folders the same thing happens All email operations seem to functioning normally mail is flowing and all clients seem to be able to access mailboxes and public folders with no problem I encountered this issue when beginning the process of decommissioning our Exchange server Nothing is appearing in the event logs Has any one ever dealt with this issue or know where to start looking Any help would be much appreciated Trouble Viewing Public Folders with Exchange System Manager nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trouble-viewing-public-folders-with-exchange-system-manager.325269/
Relevancy 43.86%

Ethernet Driver Trouble, Still a Question Mark in Device Manager

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have Windows 2000 Professional on my a20p IBM thinkpad.
Just tried installing a driver for the ethernet card in the laptop.
Installed the driver, restarted the computer, and everything is hunky-dory until...
I go to the device manager and it still says a Question Mark next to Ethernet Controller.

Is there anything extra I should have done? Where do I go from here to get internet on my computer? Please help. Thanks
~Lia

A:Ethernet Driver Trouble, Still a question mark in device manager!

Please don't post duplicate threads. Closed.

Continue here: http://forums.techguy.org/showthread.php?t=374907

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ethernet-driver-trouble-still-a-question-mark-in-device-manager.374962/
Relevancy 43.86%

I have Windows 2000 Professional on my a20p IBM thinkpad.
Just tried installing a driver for the ethernet card in the laptop.
Installed the driver, restarted the computer, and everything is hunky-dory until...
I go to the device manager and it still says a Question Mark next to Ethernet Controller.

Is there anything extra I should have done? Where do I go from here to get internet on my computer? Please help. Thanks
~Lia

A:Ethernet Driver Trouble, Still a Question Mark in Device Manager

What is the error code associated with the NIC? Did you try uninstalling the hardware and rebooting?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ethernet-driver-trouble-still-a-question-mark-in-device-manager.374907/
Relevancy 43.86%

So, I tried to clone my Win7 install and move it to a new 256gb SSD from my HDD. It didn't work. Something about the boot process didn't get cloned over or something. Whatever. No big deal. I needed a fresh start anyway. Just installed Windows 7 on the SSD and then rebooted. Now, every time I boot up, I get the below picture with 2 Windows 7 options. I always pick the first and it boots into Win7 fine from my SSD. Any idea how to fix this? Thanks!

A:Solved: ?Boot manager trouble after fresh Win7 install on SSD

Click the Windows Button > Type "msconfig" (without quotes) > Select the Boot tab. You can either change the Timer to 0 so it selects the first option automaticlly with no delay. or you can delete the second option.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-boot-manager-trouble-after-fresh-win7-install-on-ssd.1099697/
Relevancy 43.86%

I have just had my computer in for repairs. Windows 7 home premium 64 bit. While the computer was
there I asked the technician to download telstra mobile broadband manager ucm, as i have telstra 4g
netgear modem, and yagi antenna. He has downloaded it but everything is all over the place. I can connect
to the internet but on the desktop there is a red cross always in the internet box. I have about 200 windows
updates to download and am not able to until I get this sorted out.
Telstra Mobile Broadband Manager 3.10.20205
Driver 6.1.7601.17514 Sierra Wireless Aircard 320
Device Manager - Sierra Wireless Modem 11.5.1005.5
Device Manager - Sierra Wireless WWAN Network Adapter 6.20.0.17

Windows saying I have not network set up. Says LAN 2. I am very confused. I have previously installed
the mobile broadband manager, and everything was ok. Hope someone can help me.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/389040-network-trouble-telstra-mobile-broadband-manager-ucm-drivers.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi I have bit Outlook running on Windows I have never had Business Contact Manager but outlook Manager trouble Contact for installing 2013 Business want to install it into Outlook in order to work more effectively with Mailchimp there s a great sync tool that connects Outlook to Mailchimp but I need to have the BCM add on first I download the file from trouble installing Business Contact Manager for outlook 2013 microsoft but after I agree to the terms and conditions it goes to an Adaware Alpha Ad Blocker screen Weirdest thing The first time it gave me an option to modify or repair my Adaware which I didnt even know I had Then after uninstalling Adaware it gives me a prompt to install Adaware instead but it never gets you to the Microsoft BCM software On a Windows bit Outlook computer I have the same link seems to work If I try to open that same bit file on my windows laptop same adaware problem what the heck is going on there does seem to be some ambiguity on Microsoft links about whether you need to have a prior version of this software but I ve never seen a clear quot start from scratch with BCM for Outlook quot kind of link and the gist of what I ve read suggests you can use the updating from prior BCM Outlook links files for this purpose Thanks for any help nbsp

Relevancy 43.86%

Hello, I'm at a loss and afraid I've lost all my files.   Every time I restarted my computer I kept getting the Windows Boot Manager error message: Status: 0xc000000f Info: An error occured while attempting to read the boot configuration data. However, after googling and trying numerous methods to repair this, I now keep getting prompted with the Windows Recovery Manager.  I assumed that choosing the default factory restore option would prompt me with a back up option, but it didn't and proceeded to reformat.  I quickly shut my computer down. I don't know what to do next because now all I get is the Windows Recovery Manager option. Any help would be much appreciated!

A:Windows Boot Manager Error / Windows Recovery Manager Issue

If this string of events actually did start to reformat the drive, it might still be recoverable.  I would boot the computer to an independent OS IE: Linux Live on a CD or DVD and then look at the drive.  Then use that to copy your data to another drive.  Once the data is saved, then do whatever you want with this corrupted drive.  Do not try to continue with any other operations until the data is saved elsewhere.Since this PC came with Vista, once the data is saved, you could try the HP REcovery Manager to restore the original OS. Or just start over this a new install of windows 7

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/Windows-Boot-Manager-Error-Windows-Recovery-Manager-Issue/td-p/5603963
Relevancy 43.43%

Hello everyone I m looking for some help with a little 2732 not Trouble 'Directory program, installing error initialized' Manager install shield issue I m having I bought a Logitech G headset today What can I say I like Call of Duty and Trouble installing program, error 2732 'Directory Manager not initialized' came home to install it s special program needed to run all the bells and whistles on the headset However after extracting the msi from the exe InstallShield comes up and says quot The wizard was interrupted before Logitech G could be completely installed quot Then there is a check box that says Show the Windows Installer log so I check that and all it says is quot Error Directory Manager not initialized quot I ve done some google searching and apparently a lot of the instances of this bug have something to do with merge modules but I honestly have no idea what those are and don t think it applies to my case After calling Logitech I was told it was a problem with my install wizard or windows install I ve also ran some registry repair programs like CCleaner and Free Window Registry Repair Before I resort to reformatting is there anything anyone can think of to rectify it I consider myself pretty technically savvy from to probably a or but I ve reached my limit with this one I can provide more information as requested Thank you in advance nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trouble-installing-program-error-2732-directory-manager-not-initialized.965716/
Relevancy 42.57%

hi peeps
my old laptop has died.. broken hard drive..
all my files are backed up on my seagate freeagent 500gb
my new laptop is windows 7
ive pluged in the external drive but cant seem to recover my files.
ive played the mp3 files from the freeagent via real player but cant see how to retrive them to my new laptop...
any help much hoped for.....
ta

A:xp to windows 7 via seagate freeagent

If your files are backed up on a external then it should just work like an memory stick...

If when you plug the external in and it pops up as recognised and there's no files there well then I guess you either didn't back up corrctlyor they have somehow been deleted

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/xp-to-windows-7-via-seagate-freeagent-464051.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Hey guys I have an issue with my Seagate BlackArmour external USB GB HDD Here are some of the symptoms USB in 7 Windows Seagate accessible not HDD The drive typically does Seagate USB HDD not accessible in Windows 7 not show up in My Computer but if it eventually does it shows up as Local Disk Disk Management won t load whenever the drive is connected Virtual Disk Service perpetually loads Once I unplug the drive Disk management loads instantly and I get a prompt stating the drive is unformatted asking if I d like to format Of course I cancel The disk does show up in Device Manager under disk drives Any changes I make through here will freeze my PC unless I force close or unplug Seagate USB HDD not accessible in Windows 7 the drive The light on the drive is perpetually shining on off gradually - there are NO clicking noises currently Here are some of the things I ve tried Running quot chkdsk quot - command window freezes Upon unplugging drive I get a prompt saying something like chkdsk cannot run on a drive in RAW format I ve tried different machines multiple USB ports and different known working usb cables Same result I loaded Ubuntu alongside Windows and the drive was recognized I could actually see my directories files again I tried transferring items over to another drive and it would time out Attempted to force mount unmount and run an ntfs fix while in Ubuntu it basically says the drive is corrupt and to run chkdsk Any ideas where to go next Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 42.57%

Hello all,

I am been trying to fix an issue on my girlfriend's computer. Ever since I removed a malware infection she had, the computer was doing the following: taskbar turns grey and internet stops working. Thinking this was still a malware issue, I posted in that section of the website (see link below). I have since been cleared of malware, but we have determined that the issue is related to the Desktop Windows Manager Session Manager and WLAN AutoConfig, both of which are set to start to automatically start when booting, but seem to be crashing. My taskbar goes back to normal and the internet works once I manually start these services.

Removed Win 7 AntiSpyware - other issues after rebooting

Lenovo IdeaPad Y460 (0633)
windows 7 home premium

Thanks,
Anthony

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/desktop-windows-manager-session-manager-and-wlan-autoconfig-services-issues-619341.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hello So basically my windows Aero theme is not working I can change to different themes and they change the background and sounds but I cannot change the color of my windows color When I click on the quot Window Color quot from the Personalization option in Task Manager it does not give me the regular option to change the window color and transparency I get a pop-out screen that says quot Window Color and Appearance quot and changing the color from there does not do anything I have read other places and tried to restart the quot Themes quot option in the Services exe but that does not help Both the quot Themes quot and quot Desktop Windows Manager Session Manager Windows Desktop working not properly Manager quot are started and run from the startup However when I restart the quot Desktop Windows Manager Session Manager quot it fixes the problem only for Desktop Windows Manager Session Manager not working properly a couple of seconds but Desktop Windows Manager Session Manager not working properly reverts back to the broken problem The color will change to what it's suppose to be but change right back I have a AMD Sapphire video card so I know it supports w e features Windows has I have the latest drivers from AMD and everything else works fine but this problem has persisted for a while now Is this a hardware problem Also This only happens when I startup my computer If I restart my computer after I see that the problem is there Desktop Windows Manager Session Manager not working properly then the problem will be fixed and the Aero Theme is fine Please advise on what I can do to fix this problem

A:Desktop Windows Manager Session Manager not working properly

Anybody out there have a clue?

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/294334-desktop-windows-manager-session-manager-not-working-properly.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Greetings all I m a mac gaming girl switching to window s OS Now everything was perfect except yesterday My internal TB HD won t show up and if I HD BOOT 3 TB in Issues 7 Seagate Windows turn on the computer with it connected plugged in my pc won t boot the window s logo will remain there Now If i disconnect it will boot normally It s definitely an HD issue since it won t even show up in my PC as a hard drive I deleted all of it s info clean state through COMMAND PROMPT but through Disk Managemente it didn t let me re-format it saying that I didn t have access access denied and it just disappeared and well now it s just lots of to be honest I m clueless I come to you guys because I know you have lots of experience with Window s PCs So any recommendations suggestions ideas or any comments are welcome I m desperate and again this is why I dislike windows Seagate 3 TB HD Issues BOOT in Windows 7 My computer was built in December it Seagate 3 TB HD Issues BOOT in Windows 7 s basically new PS My other two solid states work fine One of them is my local disk Second is just a spare one for programs such as Photoshop etc and the Seagate TB had all my games Steam Origin etc Specs Operating System Windows Bit CPU Intel Core i - K GHz Quad-Core Processor Motherboard Asus H M-E CSM Micro ATX LGA Motherboard Ram Kingston HyperX Fury Black GB x GB DDR - Memory Storage PNY CS GB quot Solid State Drive PNY CS GB quot Solid State Drive Seagate Barracuda TB quot RPM Internal Hard Drive Video Card MSI GeForce GTX GB Video Card Optical Drive Asus BW- B ST BLK G AS Blu-Ray DVD CD Writer Monitor BenQ GL HM Hz quot Monitor Keyboard Cooler Master CM Storm Devastator Gaming Bundle Wired Gaming Keyboard w Optical Mouse Power Supply Corsair CX W Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply Case Cooler Master HAF Black ATX Mid Tower Case nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/seagate-3-tb-hd-issues-boot-in-windows-7.1168308/
Relevancy 42.14%

hi barracuda windows problems seagate 7 hd 1.5tb all just put together a new pc and i am having unbelivable amount of problems with it I have previously had sata hds gb gb and gb the smallest of which was running windows that has been wiped an reinstalled however I am now having a windows 7 seagate barracuda 1.5tb hd problems problem with the larger one first it wasnt showing up in device manager then it was then it was working fine with all the partitions showing then it windows 7 seagate barracuda 1.5tb hd problems just stopped it still shows up in the disk management but i cant mount them or the like and it also shows as having a capacity windows 7 seagate barracuda 1.5tb hd problems of GB which in reality it doesnt so I thought ok maybe is having a problem with it so I ll unplug other hds and install on it see if that works It didn t It is saying from the install disk that it only has one partition of GB and that is OEM reserved and I can t install onto it the option is there to format the disk but I really really dont want to seeing as it is the largest disk i own and has pretty much all my data on Having spent a lot of money on my new setup is it too much to ask for it just to work any assistance would be very much appriciated Adam If the world didn t suck we d all fall off nbsp

A:windows 7 seagate barracuda 1.5tb hd problems

Welcome to TSG!

I'd check for a BIOS update on your motherboard. I do know there was a problem with Win7 seeing HD larger than 1tb and after a BIOS firmware update, it fixed the problem. Have you entered Setup and seen how your BIOS reports your drives?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-seagate-barracuda-1-5tb-hd-problems.897047/
Relevancy 42.14%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Professional Service Pack bit Processor AMD FX tm - Quad-Core Processor AMD Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card AMD Radeon HD Series Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB G Total - MB Free - MB I Total - MB Free - MB M Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASRock FX Extreme my ext Seagate drive Windows 1 start TB cannot Antivirus ZoneAlarm Antivirus Updated and Enabled I have had a new motherboard and CPU fitted on my pc and since I cannot use my Seagate TB external hard drive It is permanently plugged into a USB plug The message I get from the Device Manager is as follows Windows cannot start this hardware device because it s configuration information in the registry is Windows cannot start my Seagate 1 TB ext drive incomplete or damaged Code I there any way I can replace the registry settings all the backup images are stored on my Seagate drive nbsp

A:Windows cannot start my Seagate 1 TB ext drive

Test the drive on another PC to ensure it's still functional. Try a different USB port. Also, ensure you have the latest motherboard (USB) drivers installed. ALL motherboard drivers should be manually installed. Do NOT rely on Windows update to install system drivers. Windows will often install generic drivers which will allow the hardware to function, but not the drivers needed to support all features/options.

I will also add, that as your hardware has changed, your old "backup images" are likely irrelevant (unless the replacements were exact model replacements) as the drivers will have changed.

I understand wanting to get the drive working, but as the PC is apparently working, you can (and should) make a new backup with the new hardware installed/configured.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-cannot-start-my-seagate-1-tb-ext-drive.1117053/
Relevancy 42.14%

hey there my Ultrabook acer aspire s - came with a seagate SSHD with GB of traditional storage and GB of SSD i wanned to do a clean install of windows soo i deleted everything a seagate on I windows the SSHD SSD on should install on the HDD including the SSD accidentally after i was done including installing all the drivers my system was as slow as hell then i figured out that it uses the SSD as a cache afterwards i googled for hours and found this post that tells me to should I install windows on the SSD on a seagate SSHD use ExpressCache which i did a few days later the cache starts to gets filled up when it completely fills up it erases everything in the SSD at times i get a bluescreen and the system hangs up bcoz of this soo i was wondering if it's possible to install just the windows files and the drivers in the SSD and install all other programs on a separate partition of the HDD i only the OS to be in the SSD not the files from other application or any application data all of those will be stored on a separate partition this includes crash reports and all of those hope i was able to make myself clear thanks

A:should I install windows on the SSD on a seagate SSHD

Hello mate have you posted this before? as it is almost word for word as a post on another thread unless it is coincidence especially on that model machine.

Anyway I have installed on one of these drives and have had no problems at all just how much RAM have you got in the machine itself.?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/345246-should-i-install-windows-ssd-seagate-sshd.html
Relevancy 42.14%

I pulled two Seagate hard drives out of my older PC's -bit and would like to be able to read them on my new PC However I cannot get on recognized HD's new Explorer Seagate Windows not PC... by my new PC -bit to recognize them It recognizes a Maxtor and another Seagate just fine but not these two in question They are as follows Seagate Barracuda GB RPM both are model ST A What's crazy is I see that my PC recognizes them in quot Computer Management Disk Management quot Seagate HD's not recognized by Windows Explorer on new PC... for a while then it disappears It doesn't give me the Seagate HD's not recognized by Windows Explorer on new PC... chance of assigning a drive letter to them When I open up Disk Management I don't see these hard drives BTW I am using an quot adapter quot in other words the hard drive is laying in front of me and I can plug unplug it as needed for testing These are IDE not SATA hard drives I have changed the jumpers on the hard drives from initially quot master quot to quot slave quot then to quot cable select quot without any luck Please advise

A:Seagate HD's not recognized by Windows Explorer on new PC...

I've generally had poor results using adapters -- which I'm forced to do these days since my newer motherboard-based PCs don't have IDE drive cable sockets anymore. I often have to connect, unconnect, reconnect several times before I see the drive actually being recognized.

Also, some drives work better in this setup if there are no jumpers set. You should try that to see if it makes any difference.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/353974-seagate-hds-not-recognized-windows-explorer-new-pc.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi! I am running Windows 7 on my computer and have somehow used windows security to lock my seagate external drive. The computer can tell that the drive is there but I cannot access anything on the drive and also cannot write to it. I have tried talking to tech support from Seagate and they said that since I have used a third party program that I need to contact them. It is difficult to get a response from them. I am a novice when it comes to things like this. Can someone please help me?

Thank you!

Relevancy 41.71%

About months ago i purchased seagate TB expansion USB external hard drive all worked well apart from windows dont work 7 expansion 3tb with seagate windows not being able to see that hard drive to do a back up seagate 3tb expansion with windows 7 dont work which at this stage im not Concerned with this issue Now i have a Gb SSD with the same OS installed now i plug in seagate 3tb expansion with windows 7 dont work the external hard drive into a usb slot amp windows shows there is a seagate external hard drive connected as quot H drive quot but will not read it according to windows the driver is working properly i have uninstalled the usb driver amp reinstalled with no luck i have also tried to open up my computer management but it just freezes whilst i have the external hard drive pluged in i have also plug the external hard drive into all available usb slots with the same issue Now i took the extnernal hard drive into work amp pluged it into a windows XP works great so im now sure there is no problem with the external drive i have also downloaded all the seagate tools for the hard drive amp whilst the drive is plug into the computer the programs just freeze i have done extenive research online to try amp find a solution to this amp cant find anyone with the same problem except one on the seagates forum amp the seagate responed with its a windows problem i will post that link if needed i will upload some SS when i get home from work

A:seagate 3tb expansion with windows 7 dont work

seems like other folks have run into this issue also: Seagate Expansion 3TB not useable for Windows 7 Ba... - Seagate Community Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/251395-seagate-3tb-expansion-windows-7-dont-work.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Windows 8 is not recognizing my external seagate drive. I have tried to follow every tutorial I can find with no luck. This is a Windows 8 issue. The drive works perfectly on my windows 7 and windows xp computer. This was the most detailed guide I could find so that is what I tried most recently.

External Hard Drive Not Showing Up in Windows or OS X?

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/74213-windows-8-not-recognizing-external-seagate-drive.html
Relevancy 41.71%

I got this new Seagate Barracuda Sata drive Gb drive as my storage drive no OS install Windows xp won drive won't with Seagate start Sata Windows t start with this drive pluged after formatted windows will start Windows won't start with Seagate Sata drive up fine if this drive is not plug or in safe mode or unformatted It always stop right after the floppy drive light goes off then stop normally the HD light Windows won't start with Seagate Sata drive will come on after the floopy drive light goes off and then windows desktop shows up but the screen not freeze When the drive is not formatted windows xp can see it i use disk manager to partition more then partition and formatted it but as soon as i reboot it then windows won t start I tried disc wizard software from seagate to formatted as a whole drive no partition amp make this drive as boot drive then windows start ok but if i partition it into or more partition then windows won t start windows will see it in safe mode do i need to install sata driver at all when i don t need it do i need to change setting for sata controller if i reinstall windows xp on this drive do i need to prees F key to install scsi or raid driver where can i get this driver from amp how to make it if i need to make one My both ide channels are full My primary master boot drive hitachi deskstar slave WDC gb nd master are asus cdrom Slave plextor px- a mobo ECS RS -A p ghz gb pc strips I tried other sata ports on my mobo fail Bios setting Onboard Sata controller Both options are disabled sata or both Onboard sata type IDE options IDE or Raid I did changing the settings result either no seeing the drive or windows won t start I wanted to keep my existing drives as well hopefully some one can help me out here Thanks nbsp

A:Windows won't start with Seagate Sata drive

when computer is turn on, it went through P.o.s.t. page, then windows logo comes on (the page with windows logo & scanning bar below it), then the hd light comes on, a while later, next is floppy drive light comes on, as soon as the floppy light is off then windows stop (but the scanning bar still moving, i can move the mouse cursor) no error on screen at all, just windows logo. Ususally as soon as the floppy drive is off then the hd light will on & then windows desktop show up.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-wont-start-with-seagate-sata-drive.37421/
Relevancy 41.71%

I have a Disk with WINDOWS Home premium x but I cannot RE-install them I cannot boot my pc and I see there errors File Boot BCD Status xc e Info An unexpeted I O error has occurred Another error x I tried some fixes BEFORE THE ABOVE ERRORS INCURRED After restarting my laptop I press F and choose BOOT FROM CD ROM DRIVE THEN I see WINDOWS Then I go to Install now SETUP IS STARTING I accept the license terms Then go to NEXT I Press Custom advance Window appear asking WHERE DO YOU WANT TI INSTALL WINDOWS NO DRIVES WERE FOUND CLICK LOAD DRIVER TO PROVIDE A MASS STORAGE DRIVER TO INSTALL Repair your computer SYSTEM RECOVERY OPTIONS There is nothoing to choose Then go to COMMAND PROMPT DISKPART Type ADD DISK I get the RESULT There is no volume selected to add this mirror Select a dynamic volume and try again I Type DISKPART gt list volume I get the RESULT Volume E GSP RMCHPXF UDF DVD-ROM MB HEALTHLY Type LIST PART I get the RESULT There is no disk selected to DiscWizard Seagate Re-install How after through 7 Windows wiping to list partitions Select a disk and try again Type DISKPART select disk I get the RESULT The disk you specified is not valid There is no disk selected ---------------------------------------------------- I startup REPAIR for one more time These are the results - repair log Number of repairs attempts Session details --------------------------------- System disk Windows directory AutoChk Run Number of root causes Test Performed --------------------------------------------- Name Check for updates Result Completed succefully Error code x Time taken ms Test Performed --------------------------------------------- Name System disk test Result Completed succefully Error code x Time taken ms Root cause found ------------------------------------ A hard disk could not be found If a hard disk is installed it is How to Re-install Windows 7 after wiping through Seagate DiscWizard not responding ------------------------------------ ------------------------------------- I decided to wiping my HDD disk PLEASE ADVISE how to proceed from scratch in order to re-install WINDOWS Home premium x from my DVD CD-ROM DRIVE Thanks

A:How to Re-install Windows 7 after wiping through Seagate DiscWizard

Try the free download MiniTool Free Bootable Partition Manager | Partition Wizard Bootable CD boot from the cd and see if that sees the drive and paritions

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/400908-how-re-install-windows-7-after-wiping-through-seagate-discwizard.html
Relevancy 41.71%

I am Basically writing HDD. 7 I (Finaly) How install Seagate Windows on Barracuda it did 3tb this as I have just installed windows onto my new PC I confess I am by no means a computer wizz and I turn to google and forums for every problem I come across but this problem I had to solve on my own as there was no definate tutorial for installing windows onto a tb hdd anywhere just bits and pieces here and there So now that I have done it I will share what worked for me and hopefully it will help someone else I tried many combinations of suggestions from other people and this is how it worked for me I apologise in advance if this does not work Windows 7 install on Seagate Barracuda 3tb HDD. How I (Finaly) did it for you and I cant really give any help as its new to me as well all I can say is good luck Insert Windows 7 install on Seagate Barracuda 3tb HDD. How I (Finaly) did it Windows CD into DVD drive Boot to UEFI this is just the new style of BIOS that you can use the mouse as well as keyboard from what i gather Windows 7 install on Seagate Barracuda 3tb HDD. How I (Finaly) did it I'm sure some one with more knowledge will correct me on this Ensure the drive order has UEFI labeled drive as st boot option and HDD as second option Have no other drives installed save and exit and Restart PC into windows installer Before you select anything open disk part Shift and F type quot diskpart exe quot hit return then convert the disk to GPT with formatted partition as follows type quot list disk quot hit return type quot Select disk quot hit reurn this will select the tb hdd type quot clean quot hit return type quot convert GPT quot hit return type quot create partition primary size xxxxxx quot hit return xxxxx refers to size in mb so for a gb partition as I created type quot size quot type quot select partition quot hit return type quot assign drive letter c quot type quot format quot hit return The disk is now ready to install windows type quot exit quot hit return then type quot exit quot hit return again Now follow install instructions on screen and select custom install Select the partition that was created and formatted earlier click next and windows will start installation process once windows is installed you can then partition the rest of the HDD as you wish in computer management To open computer management click quot start quot right click on quot computer quot and select quot manage quot Right click on unallocated space and select quot new simple volume quot then follow the on screen instructions So that's it Sounds easy now that I type it here but trying to find out what to do on your own is a nightmare I hope this helps someone and if I have missed anything then I will edit this later Sam

A:Windows 7 install on Seagate Barracuda 3tb HDD. How I (Finaly) did it

Thanks Sam. It's a useful supplement to UEFI (Unified Extensible Firmware Interface) - Install Windows 7 with - Windows 7 Forums

The only prob I spot is the Diskpart command is actually Convert GPT after Cleaning the HD:
Convert MBR Disk to GPT Disk

Users might also find using the installer's Custom install Drive Options a more user-friendly way to repartition and format the HD.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/252871-windows-7-install-seagate-barracuda-3tb-hdd-how-i-finaly-did.html
Relevancy 41.28%

I have a TB Seagate GoFlex Desk external hard drive that works fine on my previous Windows XP computer I know very old but is not recognized at all not drive Disk 10 Windows 2TB (no Management) recognized Seagate on my less-than-a-year old Toshiba laptop S -C running Windows I have been through support with Seagate Microsoft and Toshiba with each of them point the finger at the 2TB Seagate drive not recognized Windows 10 (no Disk Management) other with no resolution According to Seagate the drive is compatible with Windows and should work Unlike other users' problems 2TB Seagate drive not recognized Windows 10 (no Disk Management) I've read my Windows PC does not 2TB Seagate drive not recognized Windows 10 (no Disk Management) recognize the external hard drive anywhere - no sound recognizing something is there when plugging in nothing in This PC My Computer and nothing shows in Disk Management or Device Manager So unlike many others I am unable to just do a partitioning to assign a letter via Disk Management - the computer doesn't even recognize it's there The Seagate drive however does light up when plugged into the Windows computer and as I mentioned still works perfectly on the Windows XP machine where it is accessible via My Computer I have tested every USB port on the Windows machine and all work fine with other drives and peripherals so it's not a hardware issue Also I have moved all my data from the Seagate drive onto a nd external drive so losing data is not an issue I even reformatted the Seagate drive NTFS via the Windows XP machine but that did not change anything Also I have never used the Seagate software to manage the drive which is not compatible with Windows on either PC and it has always worked fine without the software Finally the Toshiba Windows PC is up to date with Windows Updates I'm tired of being bounced around with zero help from Seagate Microsoft and Toshiba Can anyone here help I really hate to have a perfectly good TB drive become useless with all future PCs Thank you

A:2TB Seagate drive not recognized Windows 10 (no Disk Management)

my first suggestion to you is the test that our disk drive in another PC and see if it recognizes it

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/52394-2tb-seagate-drive-not-recognized-windows-10-no-disk-management.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Before I recently upgraded my computer from Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro, the drive was working fine. But now Windows will not recognize the drive.......although it does show up in Disk Management, there is no content.

I then ran the utility EaseUS Partition Master, and immediately the disk was recognized. In fact, the disk contents were even shown (photos and short videos), and everything looks to be in order.

I tried connecting the drive to an older computer running Win 7 Ultimate. Same problem......Windows won't recognize it, but EaseUS recognizes it and shows the drive contents.

Any idea why Windows won't now recognize this drive? It was working fine on my new computer before I upgraded to Win 10.

Thanks in advance..........

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/53953-suddenly-windows-will-not-recognize-my-2tb-seagate-usb-external-drive.html
Relevancy 41.28%

I am trying to restore a file from a Seagate external drive. The backup seems to be working OK, but when I try to restore, I get a message "Windows Task Scheduler cannot be started. Please check if the Task Scheduler service is active before running a backup job." What do I do?

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/58218-no-restore-seagate-windows-task-scheduler-cant-started.html
Relevancy 41.28%

http://www.seagate.com/gb/en/externa...on-hard-drive/

New Seagate Eternal Hard drive not showing in Windows 10. I never formatted it but I did copy it's files on to c drive the application only asks for you to register it. I went to clone my disk restarted and failed now I can't see it at all! Any help welcome thank you in advance.

A:New Seagate Eternal Hard drive not showing in Windows 10

Does it show up in Disk Management? If so, can you assign a driver letter to it?

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/32583-new-seagate-eternal-hard-drive-not-showing-windows-10-a.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Please answer! I just need to be able to remove it so I can use it like a backup.

--EDITED AFTER SOLVED--

Figured it out! Go to Control Panel/Hardware and Sound then right click on the external, and press Remove Device.
Then unplug it! TAAA-DAAHHHH!! It has safely been removed!

A:How can I remove a Seagate External HDD safely on Windows 10? Solved

Originally Posted by ProgrammerWhiz

Please answer! I just need to be able to remove it so I can use it like a backup.

Usually there's an icon in the Notification Area that looks like a USB Thumb/Flash drive, I click that then click the drive shown to get the Safely Remove prompt. I have 3 WDC drives.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/58405-how-can-i-remove-seagate-external-hdd-safely-windows-10-solved.html
Relevancy 41.28%

--EDITED AFTER SOLVED--

Figured it out! Go to Control Panel/Hardware and Sound then right click on the external, and press Remove Device.
Then unplug it! TAAA-DAAHHHH!! It has safely been removed!

A:How can I remove a Seagate External HDD safely on Windows 10? Solved

Originally Posted by ProgrammerWhiz

Usually there's an icon in the Notification Area that looks like a USB Thumb/Flash drive, I click that then click the drive shown to get the Safely Remove prompt. I have 3 WDC drives.

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/58405-how-can-i-remove-seagate-external-hdd-safely-windows-10-solved.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Hey guys,

I've got a Lenovo Think Centre with an Intel Core 2 Duo CPU...64 bit Operating System...

I've got attached is a Seagate Expansion Desktop Drive 3 TB Model SRD00F2...

When I restart, the main computer doesn't want to reboot to my C drive...subsequently, I
have to manually turn off the main computer to uninstall the Seagate drive before I can
restart...or just uninstall the F drive (Seagate Expansion Drive) before I do a restart on my
main computer...

I've gone into the BIOS and changed the booting sequence...yet nada...and I can't find
anywhere how to alleviate this issue...

The reason I'm concerned about this is the safety factor...one of these days, I'm accidentally
going to pull the plug on the Seagate expansion drive and corrupt all my data...

Any ideas how to fix this little problem?

Thanks,

Rufus Sniff

A:Windows 7 Doesn't boot with Seagate Hardrive attached...?

IMO...some older systems will not boot with external drives attached and in an "ON" state. 

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/587925/windows-7-doesnt-boot-with-seagate-hardrive-attached/
Relevancy 41.28%

I have Windows Home premium bit as I recently got a new computer and to my surprise my seagate external Harddisk did not work If I go to the Not Will Windows Read? 7 Seagate 500gb External Harddrive, Devices section it is listed as Desktop I have tried many things such as rebooting trying different USB Assigning A letter to the Expansion and a few others as you will see in my screenshots Just before I forget my old PC bit Windows Ultimate automatically detected my gb Seagate gb External Harddisk so I cannot see a problem with the Harddrive or with my computer as it is brand new and fully functioning Seagate 500gb External Harddrive, Windows 7 Will Not Read? Below are my screenshots As you can see from these images non of the fixes on the fourm or on seagate work If you have any fix please reply to this post as soon as you can or on the other hand any questions I will be very grateful Sorry about the thumbnail Not sure what happened there

A:Seagate 500gb External Harddrive, Windows 7 Will Not Read?

Cheers m8
SATA or PATA????

Have you tried to remove it from the ext case and installed it into the computer...to check if any of the electronics in the external case failed.
could be something with the usb drivers in the new machine... might try unstalling from the device manager the usb controllers, maybe the composite device then turn the machine off and let windows reinstall 'em again and see if the drive is picked up.
At this point I'd be asking just how important is the data on this HD... I'd even go so far as see if I could put the HD into a friends machine,(or old 'puter), to see if it could be picked up???? Be sure and copy the data off the HD while you continue to trouble shoot the drive.
From experience..... the only drive I've not been able to finally detect ended up as a dead drive, "bfh"
luk to you.....

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/133331-seagate-500gb-external-harddrive-windows-7-will-not-read.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Following my old computer crash I invested in a new Mesh computer loaded with Windows I bought a cradle for the old HDD and plugged that in and Windows recognised it straight away and I can pull stuff off it without any difficulty The Seagate Freeagent now called Classic I believe - the brown yellow one refused to come up as a drive 7 and 320Gb drive Seagate external Windows Freeagent and nothing I do will make it do so I have downloaded the bit Seagate Manager from the Seagate website but to no avail It appears as a device in the Devices but right-clicking only gives you two tabs neither of which do anything Windows 7 and Seagate Freeagent 320Gb external drive Updating the driver has no effect The drivers still come Windows 7 and Seagate Freeagent 320Gb external drive up as Windows drivers I even formatted the Freeagent but with the same result At one point Windows froze but disconnecting the Freeagent cured that Any ideas Not being very computer savvy I don t really understand why it recognises my old XP HDD but not the Freeagent nbsp

Relevancy 41.28%

After the recent upgrade to windows 10 , I can no longer access HP PowerManager, or HP setup mamager.  The message is 'This app has been blocked for your protection' An administrator has blocked you from using this app...Publisher not trusted.   I am the only user, I am the administrator  I am six secnds away from unistalling Windows 10. Any insight would be appreciated.

A:HP Power Manager & Set Up Manager Blocked Windows 10

I am experiencing the same problem and I cannot get operate the web cam on my HP Touchsmart 310-1110UK PC.  Can HP user support provide a solution?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-Power-Manager-amp-Set-Up-Manager-Blocked-Windows-10/td-p/5187800
Relevancy 40.85%

I tried looking in FAQs but was unable to find any related information.
I have filled in my System Specs.
Recently purchased a Seagate Central 4TB Shared Storage, but it does not link or show up as a network device. I downloaded Seagate Discovery Tool software, which sometimes can 'see' the network drive.
The computer is ethernet connected to the Wireless/Router.
What I find perplexing is I have a Dell xps M1530 laptop running a Linux OS and uses wireless connection for the internet; can 'see' this Seagate-network device.
If this problem has already been dealt with, would you please direct me where I should look to view the information, thank you?

A:Seagate Central 4TB unable to link with Windows 7 Wireless network.

Hello i have a seagate as well!

Have you had a look in your network folder to make sure its not "Hidden".

Also try to add a new wireless device;

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/336324-seagate-central-4tb-unable-link-windows-7-wireless-network.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Have a external hard drive that was backed up on a macbook pro
using time machine. I try to take the files out that I put on a windows 7 PC
and it wont show up in My Computer.
But it does on device manager.
is there a problem with the external hardrive?

A:Seagate FreeAgent external hard drive not showing up on Windows?

It is likely formatted as Mac OS Extended (journaled), HFS+. Windows can't natively read that.

"I try to take the files out that I put on a windows 7 PC" is a confusing statement. If you want to read the files on the drive from 7, you can't without a 3rd party tool. If you are just wanting to put stuff on there from the PC and don't care about the Mac backup, then just format the drive. Do that through Disk Management in the Admin Tools control panel.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/seagate-freeagent-external-hard-drive-not-showing-up-on-windows.181241/
Relevancy 40.85%

I have been having on going problems with a Seagate Free Agent go 500 GB external USB drive and pretty much any computer that it is attached to. This is the second drive that I have had after having the first one replaced I seem to be having the same or similar problems. Basically the drive was working fine and then it basically over night everything went wrong. When hooked up I cannot operate any software, remove the drive, check disk management or reboot the system. I cannot boot the system with the drive attached, it stalls. I cannot even safely remove the drive without forcing the computer to shut down with the power button, as soon as the drive is no longer attached all programs immediately respond like nothing ever happened. I have seen similar situations described on several different boards but no one seems to have any solutions. Any help would be appreciated.

A:Problems with Seagate Free Agent Go 500GB drive and Windows 7

Try a USB "Y" splitter where you pull the power for the drive off two USB ports rather than one and see if the problem continues.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problems-with-seagate-free-agent-go-500gb-drive-and-windows-7.920490/