Windows Support Forum

Losing internet connection going from LAN cable to wifi, Ethernet adapter uninstalls

Q: Losing internet connection going from LAN cable to wifi, Ethernet adapter uninstalls

I m having a problem with my internet connection via wifi One day my laptop simply refused to connect The day before no problem uninstalls wifi, connection going from LAN Losing cable adapter internet Ethernet to I can connect by using the LAN cable directly connecting into Losing internet connection going from LAN cable to wifi, Ethernet adapter uninstalls ADSL router but when I try without the LAN cable plugged in Losing internet connection going from LAN cable to wifi, Ethernet adapter uninstalls via wifi there is no connection What I have also noticed is that the Ethernet adapter Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabyte Ethernet v does not appear load when I am not plugged in via cable This was Losing internet connection going from LAN cable to wifi, Ethernet adapter uninstalls not the case when everything was working fine Even to the point that it appears when I am on cable but when I disconnect the cable the Broadcom card disappears from my Device Manager I have tried to update the driver but cannot find a higher version than anywhere Note that in the nd case with LAN cable the Broadcom Ethernet adapter appears while in the first case it doesn t Any ideas on how to resolve the Ethernet adapter issue I could not really figure out how to update the driver properly I tried downloading it from HP but the system says it cannot find a more recent version or even the one I have now Here is my Ipconfig for both cases Without LAN cable plugged in tryingt to access only via WiFi router Windows IP Configuration Host Name Filip Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List home Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix home Description Intel R PRO Wireless ABG Networ k Connection Physical Address - - - F- A- A Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained May Lease Expires May C gt ping google com Ping request could not find host google com Please check the name and try again With LAN cable connected directly to ADSL routerC gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Filip Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List home Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix home Description Intel R PRO Wireless ABG Networ k Connection Physical Address - - - F- A- A Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained May Lease Expires May Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet Physical Address - - -C - C-D Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Losing internet connection going from LAN cable to wifi, Ethernet adapter uninstalls

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Losing internet connection going from LAN cable to wifi, Ethernet adapter uninstalls

Hi there,

at first check out those possibilities:
When you open your network connections and go to the properties of your Lan-Connection (Cable) uncheck the box in which is says that you should be warned if this connection has low connectivity. Do that also at your wifi connection.

After that deactivate your Cable connection if you try to connect via Wifi.

greetz
Fraki

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/losing-internet-connection-going-from-lan-cable-to-wifi-ethernet-adapter-uninstalls.568852/
Relevancy 110.51%

Ok about two weeks ago my laptop when connected w wifi constantly would lose connection.
I tried using an ethernet cable directly into the modem, no luck
I called my isp and they came out and gave me a new modem.
No luck
I updated the driver, no luck
I went back to a restore point, no luck
I restored to factory, no luck
Unplugged the modem/reset the modem, no luck

I don't know what else to do. I have college classes starting next week and have to have a reliable connection.

Someone please help me

A:Keep losing internet connection, wifi and ethernet

Hello, please take your laptop to a different location and test both wifi and lan, let's make a determination that the issue is really with your machine
Regards
The Cleaver

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/keep-losing-internet-connection-wifi-and-ethernet.1131909/
Relevancy 97.18%

Hello. I been trying to figure out why I keep losing connection (exclamation sign) and hoping I can resolve it here. I updated the drivers and made sure there is no energy saving options enabled. The device I'm using is a LinkS using ASIX AX88179 chipset. I feel like its a hardware issue. I use it as media center PC and I would watch tv and record and it would lose connection for no reason and I have to unplug/plug it back to get it working again. FYI im using a usb ethernet because the ethernet got damaged by surge and its a mini pc so I can't add a ethernet card. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

A:USB ethernet adapter keeps losing connection to router.

First, make sure your USB ports have selective suspend disabled. If that does not solve the problem see this page. Pay special attention to Method #4.  

Edit: I crossed out the wifi fix. I was thinking you had wifi, sorry. But, make sure USB selective suspend is disabled.

Edit Edit: You say you updated drivers for the Ethernet USB adapter. Did you download the driver from the chipset manufacturer? 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/606705/usb-ethernet-adapter-keeps-losing-connection-to-router/
Relevancy 89.44%

Hi A week ago my computer suddenly could not connect to the internet I was using a cable directly connected to the cable modem Since then I ve tried Added a WiFi router connected to the cable modem Tried using the WiFi card built in to the computer It connects but reports quot limited access quot and there is no connection to the internet and I can t access the router itself Bought a new Ethernet card installed the drivers that came with it I ve tried it connected through the WiFi router s hard ports and directly to the modem Hard resets power cycling off minutes on the modem each time and still no Using ethernet Lost Cable modem, connection Internet. to cable. connection In device manager both Ethernet cards show as quot working normally quot with no errors So does the WiFi card ipconfig shows only quot tunneling quot devices with media disconnected Lost connection to Internet. Using Cable modem, ethernet cable. I ve uninstalled and re-installed the drivers for the on-baord Ethernet the WiFi card and the new Ethernet card After reading some other posts I captured the output from ipconfig and several netsh commands I ve attached them to this post The files starting with netsh are basically the command entered with underscores replacing the spaces from the commands used to generate them I also borrowed another computer It connects both directly through the cable modem and using the Ethernet ports on the router It doesn t have WiFi so I couldn t test that method of access It can also connect to and configure the router but I haven t made any changes The router is a NetGear G N Any help will be greatly appreciated Thanks Sloan nbsp

Relevancy 89.44%

This is Windows XP on an old Dell laptop. Just got new cable router modem and everything is fine except when I unplug USB adapter and plug in cable from modem I get strange message from bottom of screen. Message says badurl.grandstreetinteractive.com.
Is the problem with cable connection with modem or something else?

A:Cable connection problem from brighthouse. All ok with wifi usb adapter.

Ths topic can be closed as I found the problem myself. The bad url message is actually just a bogus line totaly meaningless as windows often use it, if it does not know what to do, I guess.

The real cause was that I used the computer on Verizon DSL. Then when I gave it to my friend Julie she connected it to her cable modem from Brighthouse. She could get online just fine with the USB adapter. it seems that with WIFI you can get oline with any Iternet provider, provided you have the security key. But with the cable I had to use the Windows Network Wizard to set up the computer to connect to the Brighthouse Network.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/564766/cable-connection-problem-from-brighthouse-all-ok-with-wifi-usb-adapter/
Relevancy 87.29%

Hi guys

My first post here, hopefully you can help and thanks in advance

I have a quite unusual problem. My internet works fine in general. But, as soon as I connect an external screen the internet connection. I have no idea why this can occur. The cable I use to connect the screens is HDMI (for my labtop) and DVI-D (for the external screen).

Anyone who knows the reason and a possible fix?

Ty

A:Losing internet connection when using HDMI cable?!

Wireless?

Sometimes interference can occur, people have had luck by changing the channel on the wireless router.
Also do you keep the lid open or closed on the laptop when connected to an external display?

Besides that it could be a power issue.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/losing-internet-connection-when-using-hdmi-cable.1137479/
Relevancy 87.29%

Hello i connection cable internet losing Wireless ok, but m having a strange problem with my internet connection When i plug the cable onto my notebook the internet connects normally for about a minute or two then i lose internet connection while the network is still up On windows log the only redundant log i found was error in System type showing basically that no DNS server configured responded but i switched the DNS about times tried to put both DNS and IP automatic but Wireless ok, but cable internet losing connection the error still occurs and if i deactivate the network unplug and plug again the cable on the notebook or switch the cable entrance on the router the connection comes back for about a minute or two and again lose it But the odd fact is that the wireless connection is completely normal i m using wireless for about days without a single loss of connection I recently upgraded my windows to windows and i don t know if this is the cause of the issue because the problem appeared about week after the upgrade Sorry for my bad english nbsp

Relevancy 86.86%

I keep losing internet connection and when I click on either the exclamation point on the computer icon in the bottom right corner or diagnose connection problem on the internet screen to fix it it goes in plugged ethernet is Losing internet and laptop to connection through the process to fix it tells me the default gateway is not available or resets the local area network connection and then resets itself and Losing internet connection and ethernet is plugged in to laptop the internet works again for about seconds then it fails and I go through the same steps above Sometimes the problems found is The connection between your access point router or cable modem and internet is broken along with the default gateway is not available I m actually having to type this post in a Word doc because I know I d never get a connection that would last long enough to type it here and I m just hoping I can get a connection that lasts long enough for me to copy and paste it Please help I cannot keep doing this It just started a few days ago I have unplugged everything computer modem router let it sit for hours and replugged everything back in and it s still doing it My laptop does not do this when it s connected to the internet anywhere else and my Blackberry and my daughter s iPhone connect to this router with no problem I also have only been able to use the laptop plugged directly in to the router with an Ethernet cord because I could never get the wireless function to cooperate at home when I had the cable hooked up a few months ago although the wireless on the laptop works everywhere else with no problem It s something with this laptop and this router that just do not want to work together properly Super frustrating and thanks for any help It s a Dell Inspiron laptop with Windows and a linxsys router nbsp

Relevancy 86.86%

Any idea chaps why my laptop connects to the internet over wifi but not if I connect the ehternet cable directly into the back?
I have checked that the driver is installed (I think) and also that the box is ticked to allocate IP address automatically...

Relevancy 86.86%

I have recently set up two Pc's down stairs next to each other. The plan was to use them for gaming but for the life of me i cannot get Ethernet & wifi to work at the same time.

Each Pc has its own wifi but gaming over wifi is slow and file transfers are painful. I can get it working but after around 5 min it will start defaulting all of traffic to the wifi.

I have tried over the last week everything I could find online. Renewing, flushing, sharing internet through one etc.

I have done an ipconfig /all on both machines whilst it was working then after it stops done at again but when I compared the results I cannot see any difference. :/

Any help would be awesome at this stage.

A:Ethernet gaming (crossover cable) with wifi internet.

Ovbious question perhaps but why not just use Ethernet for the one being used for gaming?
Plug in Ethernet, turn off WiFi.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/72567-ethernet-gaming-crossover-cable-wifi-internet.html
Relevancy 86.86%

I recently used a program Autoruns,, and deleted some startup things I shouldn't have.. Since then I cant connect to internet, the troubleshooter for wireless adapter says the Windows wireless service is not running on this computer (WLAN Autoconfig service) and fails to start the service.
I notice on windows task manager there are only about 13 Processes running and there are usually about 20, and on Services there are about 40 running and about 100 or more stopped services. Thanks for the help

Also on startup now I have a pop up on bottom saying, Failed to connect to a windows service. Windows could not connect to the System Event Notification Service service. This problem prevents standard users from logging on to the system. As an administrative user, you can review the System Event Log for details about why the service didn't respond. And the startup and logon time is really long now

A:Windows 7 can't connect to internet through Wifi or ethernet cable

Sounds like you deleted the network drivers, I did this once and ill be honest unless someone here knows a trick, or you have a CD with drivers you are going to have to have a hell of a time unless you know the name of the hardware and download the right driver, thats my guess. best of luck

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-7-cant-connect-to-internet-through-wifi-or-ethernet-cable.200026/
Relevancy 86%

Hello My laptop recently got a horrible virus which I managed to fix despite being a girl However One of the remaining side effects of the virus is that it will not scan for wireless networks - every time I try it says quot Windows cannot configure this wireless connection quot and quot If you want Windows to configure this wireless connection start the Wireless Zero Configuration WZC service quot So I can currently only - will the scanning My has laptop wifi stopped internet ethernet cable only allow for connect to the internet using an ether net cable which is very restricting as it means I can t take my laptop to a cafe etc Things I ve tried gt Turning it on and off again - yes - in every way - the router the laptop the cabelling all of it gt Other laptops - I have had friends bring their laptops round and they have been able to scan for and connect to my wireless network - so the problem is definitely with my laptop gt System Restore - I have tried to restore back to the week before the laptop got the virus but this has not solved the problem Could it be that My laptop has stopped scanning for wifi - only the ethernet cable will allow internet the virus made my computer go into some kind of emergency attack mode and then the firewall got effected Any advice would be very gratefully received - thanks in advance for your help It is a Toshiba A - laptop running Windows XP xx nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-laptop-has-stopped-scanning-for-wifi-only-the-ethernet-cable-will-allow-internet.951187/
Relevancy 86%

Hi i have a Toshiba Satellite computer and my wifi doesnt work, it used to but it stopped all of a sudden.
https://gyazo.com/984c41491a3603c408f40cc4446008df

A:Toshiba Laptop internet only works through Ethernet Cable, NO WIFI

Reinstall your wifi driver from offcial toshiba website. Or you can check your all driver updated or not. To easily check all driver just download advanced driver updater to update WiFi and other driver

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/590272/toshiba-laptop-internet-only-works-through-ethernet-cable-no-wifi/
Relevancy 86%

Hello Firstly let me apologise if this question is repeated elsewhere but I could not find anything identical to it I have an Acer laptop WiFi Ethernet Whilst Connected Can't Cable Browse Internet and connect from this to the internet via Can't Browse WiFi Internet Whilst Ethernet Cable Connected a CDMA connection provided by the local I live in Thailand version of a Novatel MiFi modem This works just fine for internet Can't Browse WiFi Internet Whilst Ethernet Cable Connected browsing and I simultaneously use P P software to download UK TV stuff I also have a wired network in my house and on this I have a Gb NAS drive There is a wireless router on the network but I am outside of it's range When I connect the network cable to connect to the NAS drive I am no longer able to browse the internet BUT the P P software still carries on working as before So therefore my laptop is still connected to the internet via the Wifi network So why does my browser think otherwise Normally I use Google Chrome but I have also tried IE and this suffers from the same fate Can't Browse WiFi Internet Whilst Ethernet Cable Connected Any suggestions would be much appreciated Alan

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f120/cant-browse-wifi-internet-whilst-ethernet-cable-connected-601433.html
Relevancy 86%

Hi there,

The laptop I have is an asus P550C, windows 7.

This laptop came pre-installed with Mcafee Antivirus protection for a limited amount of time. Wifi was working perfectly fine although there were occasions where the connection would disconnect by itself. After the free-trial ended, I did not want to buy the packaged they were advertising so I went to my Control Panel and uninstalled Mcafee. This was when the problem started to occur. The internet access icon had a red x and when I went to diagnose the problem, it said that I needed to connect via an ethernet cable. Since then, I have connected it with an ethernet and internet works and I have also installed AVG's free antivirus software.

I have tried to
type: ipconfig /flushdns
type: nbtstat -R
type: netsh int reset all
type: netsh int ip reset
type: netsh winsock reset

But I still cannot connect via wifi. Please help

A:Wifi has stopped working but still able to connect to internet via ethernet cable

C:\Users\jay>ipconfig/all

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : jay-PC
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
DNS Suffix Search List. . . . . . : vlan1.phub.net.cable.rogers.com

Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network)
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 54-35-30-05-36-68
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : vlan1.phub.net.cable.rogers.com
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : BC-EE-7B-28-57-D7
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::9dfa:dcc6:3d3b:ae86%11(Preferred)
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.20(Preferred)
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : March-27-15 4:14:52 PM
Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : March-28-15 4:14:52 PM
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
DHCPv6 IAID . . . . . . . . . . . : 247262843
DHCPv6 Client DUID. . . . . . . . : 00-01-00-01-1A-51-D7-D4-BC-EE-7B-28-57-D7

DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled

Tunnel adapter isatap.vlan1.phub.net.cable.rogers.com:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : vlan1.phub.net.cable.rogers.com
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft ISATAP Adapter
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-E0
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No

Tunnel adapter isatap.{A9DA0935-EE1F-4A59-8A97-DDA13A7DFFEA}:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft ISATAP Adapter #2

Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface
IPv6 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 2001:0:9d38:90d7:2c47:1b6c:9c1d:d26b(Pref
erred)
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::2c47:1b6c:9c1d:d26b%14(Preferred)
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : ::
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Disabled

C:\Users\jay

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wifi-has-stopped-working-but-still-able-to-connect-to-internet-via-ethernet-cable.210787/
Relevancy 85.14%

Greetings!

I have an internet connection which is distributed through a wireless router. I use my laptop's (which also has a LAN adapter) WiFi to connect to that router. I have a PC too which only has LAN adapter but not the Wireless adapter.

Unfortunately I cannot wire my place as the router is in my housemate's room. I have network cables though to connect my PC and my laptop. Can I access Internet on my PC using connection between my laptop and PC and my laptop being connected to the Internet via WiFi?

I have DHCP enabled on my WiFi laptop. I am not sure what do I need to do and if I need to give static IP's to all the computers?

Thanks,
AJ
PS - I can access the router settings and I can change those settings unless it hampers my other house-mates to use the Internet.

A:Laptop (wifi Internet w/ethernet facility) connect to PC through CAT5 cable

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-wifi-internet-w-ethernet-facility-connect-to-pc-through-cat5-cable.671427/
Relevancy 85.14%

Hi guys I ve been researching and trying to days to get this to work with no avail so I decided to post here for some help as doesn't Ethernet connected Wifi work cable. using working when only Internet I see this community is really active We ve got different laptops here and none of them can connect to the wifi anymore it suddenly stopped working for the last whole week We can connect to the internet through ethernet cables though We only use one at a time if ethernet then wireless is disabled and vice versa Here is a copy of the ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name PeterMai-HP Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Internet only working when connected using Ethernet cable. Wifi doesn't work Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List moolahd local Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix moolahd local Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address AC- - D- B-ED-F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe ac a d b Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Monday October PM Lease Expires Tuesday October PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - -FB- -AC- - D- B-ED-F DNS Servers Primary WINS Server NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom GN b g n x Wi-Fi Ada pter Physical Address -ED-B - D- -FD DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c f e e b fc f Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - -FB- -AC- - D- B-ED-F DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap optusnet com au Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap moolahd local Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Reusable ISATAP Interface CE FC E - F - C C- D - D EBEC Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap DDFAF D- B- -AA A-DBE BA F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Reusable ISATAP Interface E ED - - A -BB -FB FA F F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes And here is a copy of the route print Interface List ac d b ed f Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller ed b d fd Broadcom GN b g n x Wi-Fi Adapter Software Loopback Interface e Microsoft to Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter IPv Route Table Active Routes Network Destination Netmask Gateway Interface Metric O... Read more

A:Internet only working when connected using Ethernet cable. Wifi doesn't work

You have an IP on your LAN, but none on your wifi. Check your router to make sure DHCP for wifi is turned on and you have enough available addresses.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-only-working-when-connected-using-ethernet-cable-wifi-doesnt-work.197081/
Relevancy 83.85%

I have a compaq Laptop HP F running windows vista bit about years old and have had the same internet issues since I bought the dame thing I have searched the web for hours trying to find the answers made some changes but still have the same problems I have turned off all security programs downloaded drivers applied a fix patch from Microsoft enabled some functions that cable wireless bye No or internet Ethernet connection were disabled all to know avail I can connect at work via No internet connection bye Ethernet cable or wireless cbl at a friends house cbl and at home via neighbors wireless I cannot connect to my roommates Ethernet cable or wireless router running on windows XP wireless via linksys router The wireless router was recently set up and my connection was great for about a day but has not worked for weeks In the network and sharing center window it shows while I am connected to my roommates wireless network it is only a local connection that s there is a red x between the wireless network and the internet When I click on red x and run the windows diagnostics program I get There may be a problem with th Domain Name Servers DNS I had the same problem at work using a cable and the tech guy just changed some iPv settings and have never had connection problems but home is a different story I am just trying to get the wireless connection but even a cable connection would be a break through Here are my ipconfig stats Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users mwashinton gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name mwashinton-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR b g WiFi Adapter Physical Address - E- C- -E -D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Sunday May PM Lease Expires Tuesday May PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description NVIDIA nForce Mbps Ethernet Physical Address - B- -F -A - DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap E EB EE -E - E - D - E br E Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap BB A - - F -B D - F B br F B Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users mwashinton gt ping Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms C Users mwashinton gt ping Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms C Users mwashinton gt ping google com Ping ... Read more

Relevancy 82.99%

Hello I have been having issues with sharing my internet connection via an ethernet cable I read online that there is the ability to 'share' your internet connection I have learned how to do this but it doesnt work for me I tried connecting my laptop I went through everything and I was able to get the connection it showed the LAN connectivity icon however there was the little yellow triangle next to it I waited but it won't connect What I am trying to do with this is be able to play multiplayer on computer games with other computers on my LAN I also tried to connect my XBox with this but it doesnt have an internet internet via ethernet Unable to cable connection share connection Any help I would appreciate Things to keep in mind The only way I Unable to share internet connection via ethernet cable could get a good internet service was through my cell phone service provider so I get my internet connection through my phone via USB tethering All of the computers I am trying this on have Windows Pro except for one

A:Unable to share internet connection via ethernet cable

You really haven't described how you have your multiple computers setup to to share a single internet service connection. For example, are you using a router that has 2 ethernet cables plugging into it and you are attempting to share the same internet service?

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/32992-unable-share-internet-connection-via-ethernet-cable.html
Relevancy 82.56%

I keep having a problem with my internet connection When I connect my pc to the wifi im only online for short periods of time Troubleshooting the problems doesnt give anything and deactivating and activating isnt helping either Im pretty sure its only my own router I cant connect to though I have no problem connecting through a ethernet cable Some intell Windows IP Configuration Host Name MSI Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter LAN-forbindelse Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Virtuelt kort til Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Physical Address C-D - - -F -D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Bluetooth-netv rksforbindelse Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth-enhed Personal Area Network Physical Address C-D - - -F -D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R Centrino R Wireless-N Physical Address C-D - - -F -D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c d b d Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Saturday April PM Lease Expires Saturday April PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - A- - -A - C- -A - - - C DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Ethernet Media State Media disconnected Internet with wifi connection but with not ethernet Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Internet connection with ethernet but not with wifi Killer e Gigabit Ethernet Controller Internet connection with ethernet but not with wifi NDIS Physical Address C- -A - - - C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

A:Internet connection with ethernet but not with wifi

What is your operating system and what do you mean by short periods of time, like a minute and then it drops? Also, what kind of router do you have?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-connection-with-ethernet-but-not-with-wifi.201815/
Relevancy 82.56%

I have spent the last days trying to get my WiFi to connect Connection Ethernet not through Internet but WiFi to the Internet and am ready to throw the computer and all its additional equipment out of the window Amongst a collection of other laptops and a desktop running different systems - Windows XP Vista Windows and Windows - I have an old Acer Aspire running Windows XP Pro SP I use it mainly for midi file work and as a host for Visual Studio which I keep for maintenance of some programs written many years ago but still in use by some of my friends and for which I require frequent searches on the Internet Just recently for no apparent reason the WiFi on this laptop suddenly stopped working I have been using an Edimax EW- Usg wireless adapter Internet Connection through Ethernet but not WiFi which has never given any trouble in the past to connect with my home network through a router modem supplied by my ISP Internet Connection through Ethernet but not WiFi Since every other computer iPhone iPad and Kindle connects to the same network and works perfectly I have to assume that there is no problem with that router Also the problem laptop connects perfectly via the ethernet cable It just won t work on WiFi alone I have checked my wireless connections setup including TCP IP and can find no problem devices in Device manager I have searched for solutions on the internet and tried everything I can find - I have scanned my hard disk with Panda Antivirus have downloaded and run MalwareBytes I have tried changing the router channel I have tried setting the ipconfig values Nothing makes any difference When I attach the wireless adapter there is usually a message telling me the connection has quot limited or no internet access quot At this point ipconfig all shows the default values for the configuration If I try repairing the connection I am told that the process cannot continue for one reason or another though on occasion it connects when I close the message box However the adapter still shows quot acquiring IP Address quot and hangs there Here ipconfig all shows the correct configuration In both situations the only ipaddress I can ping is the host PC - the problem one Every other IP whether in numerical form such as Internet Connection through Ethernet but not WiFi the router or alphabetical form such as google com returns either a quot timeout quot or a quot cannot find quot message and of course I cannot connect to the internet I have tried clearing the ipconfig I ve forgotten the command and followed it with ipconfig renew but that won t work I have repaired winsock using Microsoft s instructions and I have become quot war-weary quot trying to make sense of the whole thing I am trying not to have to re-install Windows XP and the associated updating of all programs so as a last resort I tried probably unsuccessfully to uninstall Edimax In the end after using Add and Remove to clear as much as possible I just deleted the complete folder from Program Files Then I installed the software for an old Belkin Wireless USB Adapter which I had lying around and tried it The outcome was exactly the same The Belkin software has one advantage however - it allows the user to opt to control the adapter through Windows though I still could not make it work I just don t know enough to solve this one Any ideas anyone BarrieC St ckM n nbsp

A:Internet Connection through Ethernet but not WiFi

Have you tried using another adapter? Or tried using the adapter on another computer? Just to rule out if the adapter is bad.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-connection-through-ethernet-but-not-wifi.196216/
Relevancy 82.13%

Hi My wife No with Area adapter Local internet Ethernet Connection has just bought a Vista Home Premium Laptop but she s having problems connecting to the internet at work She can connect at home no problem using her wireless connection When at work however she has to plug in a cable into her laptop Unfortunately there is no connection when she does this When hovering over the icon all I can see is something like Local Only and Identifying I ve tried disabling and enabling the adapter in Manage Network Connections and I ve tried unticking the No internet with Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection IPv in the properties for it When right-clicking No internet with Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection on the icon in the system tray if I select Diagnose and Repair it gets about half-way before suggesting it tries to reconfigure the IP settings Trying that results in it suggesting I reset No internet with Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection the Network Adapter while trying that returns to the suggestion that I reconfigure the IP settings again On her old XP laptop she just plugged the cable in and had internet access I ve checked other computers in the office and they have no LAN settings applied so I don t think it s that Here s what s found with ipconfig all Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Portman gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Kate Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Dell Wireless Wireless-N WLAN Mini-C ard Physical Address - - D- A- -CC DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom NetLink TM Gigabit Ethernet Physical Address - - - -FC-F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d b ab a Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap FAC CA-E B - DF-B A -DBFECAB D br br Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users Portman gt Click to expand Please help Clive nbsp

Relevancy 81.7%

My desktop is connected to a wifi network and I need to bridge to another via ethernet. I have started by selecting each network and I bridge the 2 connections, creating a bridge, but the other computer still doesn't have internet connection.

Is this possible (I would think so) and if so, what have I done wrong?

A:Bridge internet connection over ethernet from wifi

Never mind the other computer's owner was being dumb :P

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/239614-bridge-internet-connection-over-ethernet-wifi.html
Relevancy 80.84%

My hp laptop will no longer connect to the internet thru both a wifi connection or cable connection. I've also tried to do a system restore to an earlier date and it will not let mme do this either. HELP!!!

Relevancy 80.84%

Hi folks Unable my connection to with Wifi Ethernet or through connect internet the machine is Samsung NP e a installed with windows bit Unable to connect with my internet connection by any means wifi or ethernet One of the senior member of this forum sent Unable to connect with my internet connection through Wifi or Ethernet me a link of Unable to connect with my internet connection through Wifi or Ethernet drivers I uploaded all the drivers again and again The Unable to connect with my internet connection through Wifi or Ethernet laptop has no error message in Control Panels except the D video adaptor which I think isn t related Here is the detail of Network Adaptors installed Bluetooth device personal area network Bluetooth device TDI protocol RFCOMM Realtek PCI GBE family controller Intel Centrino Wireless N Microsoft Virtual minport adaptor Microsoft Virtual minport adaptor I tried to connect via ethernet but it doesn t detect the cable I checked the same cable and router with other computer and its working Wifi networks are available tried to connect my network it asks for password and then gives the message window Windows could not connect to my network The wifi network is working with three other devices One more strange thing bluetooth is also not working although its drivers are showing no error but that I doesn t require at the moment Please help

A:Unable to connect with my internet connection through Wifi or Ethernet

again i will tell you to do the same thing i tell others in same situation. In addition to the driver downloads; try power cycling the modem and router. Unplug the power to both the modem and router and wait about a minute or so; then plug the modem back in first and let that fully boot; then plug the router back in and let that fully boot. Post back if that does not solve the issue; or mark this thread solved if it has.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/327564-unable-connect-my-internet-connection-through-wifi-ethernet.html
Relevancy 80.84%

Hello I am new but here goes First is your output from TSG SysInfo program Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R HD overrides WiFi Internet Solved: Ethernet connection Graphics - Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard MSI Z A-G MS- Antivirus Windows Defender Disabled You must realize that I live away from the city and only have an iPhone for a hot spot It connects via WiFi Bluetooth and USB I have found USB quicker but it doesn t seem to work under Windows So I connect via WiFi only The problem is I have a LAN based on a D-Link DIR- router This router has a WiFi option and has a Buffalo File server attached to the device that we use as a backup Solved: Ethernet overrides WiFi Internet connection file server and personal cloud When I am connected via WiFi and I plug in the Ethernet connection the computer overrides the WiFi and attempts to connect to the Internet via the Ethernet port It does know that the WiFi is connected as it is displayed on the bottom of the status bar as Internet but choices to ignore or not check I have gone to the devices and changed the priority to be Wireless on top and Ethernet on the bottom This is done via the quot Network and Sharing Center quot quot Change Adapter Settings quot ALT-F to get quot File Edit View Tools Advanced and Menu quot options quot Advanced quot and finally quot Advanced quot again Then put them in the priority you wish Ethernet still overrides this and times out when I attempt to access anything on the Internet It works the same on my wife s Windows Laptop It returns to normal if you unplug the Ethernet cable Since I wish to have other files available it is a pain in the bottom to have to unplug the Ethernet cable every time you change over to do something else and I usually forget and have to deal with the can t connect message It might be a simple solution to connect via WiFi to the router then hard wire the computers to the router but this hasn t been a workable option The router doesn t seem to be able to handle that type of connection but if you know how to do this it might be worth a shot Thanks for listening and I will keep an eye out for an answer I hope you can help Thanks for any help you have to give Jack nbsp

Relevancy 78.26%

I am trying to connect to the WiFi network provided by my hotel relocating for work will be using this connection for weeks I have a Belkin G Wireless USB adapter attached to my XP machine and it recognizes acquires USB no content/connection but connects WiFi to Network, internet adapter address and reports an quot excellent quot connection to the WiFi Network No further data is received from the network despite this connection The Belkin adapter interface warning message states quot There is no connection to the internet USB adapter connects to WiFi Network, but no internet content/connection quot despite being connected to the network I know the network is operational I can download content onto my iPhone I use IPCONFIG and attempt to ping my default gateway but get quot request timed out quot In addition the device manager has no problem with USB adapter connects to WiFi Network, but no internet content/connection the wireless adapter quot working properly quot with no warning flags So basically I ve narrowed it down to some setting on my computer since the network is working via iPhone and the adapter is working connected excellent strength no problem in device manager Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:USB adapter connects to WiFi Network, but no internet content/connection

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-adapter-connects-to-wifi-network-but-no-internet-content-connection.713967/
Relevancy 74.82%

Hi all I ve recently had my internet failing on me I ve got a BT Home Hub which i use to connect my computer to specs in signature via onboard LAN as well as my housemates computer and XBox via wireless Everythings been fine for about years but recently after installing a new OS XP home on a new hard disk about weeks after this new setup ive had the computer tell me that the quot network cable is unplugged quot when i boot up Theres nothing wrong with the cable which is slotted properly or with the onboard LAN device details says everything is working properly After minutes or so itll look up an IP address and connect sometimes itll take a bit longer its probably not the new installation but i have re-installed a Samsung unplugged" - internet problem cable is connection with ethernet "network DVD-ROM drive and MS Office with the downloaded updates - could these have messed up the onboard LAN somehow Its quite annoying that this is occuring since i cant find everything that is obviously wrong any suggestions would be much appreciated my internet problem with ethernet connection - "network cable is unplugged" onboard LAN is a Murvell Yukon Gigabit Ethernet Base-T Adpater Copper RJ- nbsp

A:internet problem with ethernet connection - "network cable is unplugged"

In correct settings will give you the same error message. Back track your setup... Remove and reinstall everything, then force a reset by pressing the reset buttton in the back of the cable modem, and the routers, and reboot.
If your devices are all from the same manufacturer, their disc will usually fix them all.
Also, your internet provider can tell a lot by looking into your system from their tech support bench in Las Vegas.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-problem-with-ethernet-connection-network-cable-is-unplugged.85240/
Relevancy 74.39%

Hi there my mother went to work a few days ago and came home to find that her computer had restarted itself and is now displaying a quot Plug an Ethernet cable into this computer quot quot A network cable is not properly plugged in or may be broken quot error message in Windows Network Diagnostics She s running Windows on a Gateway ZX and we use a NETGEAR n for WiFi My Macbook and both of our phones can still connect to our WiFi perfectly fine it s just her desktop having the issue I ran Start gt Run gt cmd gt ipconfig all and this is what came up I ve restarted our NETGEAR n unplugged it completely from power and plugged it back in and restarted her computer but nothing has worked I ran a Malwarebytes scan and removed some bad files but that didn t solve anything either Advice Edit I ve done this and everything checks out fine Check Control Panel Administrative Tools Services The DHCP Client service should be Started and its Startup Type should be Automatic Also I ve run DriverUpdate from Slimware Utilities Inc but the scan reports that quot Your system has the latest stable drivers and updates installed quot nbsp

A:No Internet Connection/"Plug in an Ethernet cable" message after random restart.

Easiest solution - try a different ethernet cable. Yes they do go bad.

Next attempt, move the cable from the slot it is in, in the router, to a different slot. Yes, those slots also can go bad.

Harder, it is possible the NIC (ethernet card has died). In that case, you'd see what empty slots the computer has, buy a card, install it and plug into that.

I just had a poster on another forum who bought a new card for $15 and his computer which wasn't connecting, is now working fine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-internet-connection-plug-in-an-ethernet-cable-message-after-random-restart.1148531/
Relevancy 74.39%

Wasn't sure if this was supposed to go here or in networking, so I just put it here.

My family recently got a new desktop computer and my parents are putting it in my brothers room, which is near the opposite end of the house where the router and modem is. Should I just tell them to get some retartedly long Ethernet cord, or is there a good enough wireless adapter I could buy? I know direct connections are almost always better, but I don't think there is a store that sells long ethernet cords that stretch across my house, which is pretty big.

A:Solved: Ethernet Cable or Wireless Adapter?

It's easy enough to get an Ethernet cable up to 100 meters, and I'd guess that's long enough.
There are many factors that affect wireless reception, including the construction of your dwelling and the hardware you use, so I'd ask a mod to move this to the networking forum where you might get better help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-ethernet-cable-or-wireless-adapter.1004052/
Relevancy 74.39%

i have a ethernet cable running about 20 meters from our router. i want to know if it's possible to split this ethernet cable so the person in the room above me (we live out the back of a bvig house) can connect to without having to run another 25 meter ethernet cable back to the router inside. i imagined there would be some type of double adapter like i have on the phone line for the adsl. i imagine putting a splitter on my ethernet line would disrupt the signal but just want to make sure.
The guy at tandy reckons we have to buy some router type thing for around 200 bucks.
what do you think?

A:is it possible to split an ethernet cable with a small adapter...

thats what hubs and switches are for

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-it-possible-to-split-an-ethernet-cable-with-a-small-adapter.49720/
Relevancy 73.96%

I am having problems with my cable internet connection sproatically dropping I was wondering if it could be something obvious in the Hijack file that may be doing it Also I am attaching a file that gives more details on What My Cable NOt It Is I Losing Connection - But keep Sure my internet connection being dropped I figured it might provide clues nbsp xpnetdiag xml nbsp nbsp KB nbsp nbsp downloadsLogfile NOt Sure What It Is - But I keep Losing My Cable Connection of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS NOt Sure What It Is - But I keep Losing My Cable Connection system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Alwil Software Avast AvastSvc exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system Rundll exeC PROGRA ALWILS Avast avastUI exeC Program Files Macro Express MacExp exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Google Update GoogleUpdate exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Common Files InterVideo DeviceService DevSvc exeC WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA exeC Program Files Delete Duplicates for Outlook Express and Windows Mail DDWMS exeC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exeC WINDOWS system nvsvc exeC Program Files Raxco PerfectDisk PDAgent exec Program Files Common Files Roxio Shared SharedCOM RoxWatch exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system SearchIndexer exeC Program Files Canon CAL CALMAIN exeC Program Files Raxco PerfectDisk PDEngine exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Outlook Express msimn exeC Program Files NotePad SX NotepadSX exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Crimson Editor cedt exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeD autorun exeD bin IA Core MDM Util exeC WINDOWS system msiexec exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HiJackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http www charter net google index php q R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www northalabama net startpage start htmlR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http windowsupdate microsoft com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localR - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - BHO flashget urlcatch - F -AA - B - F D- A B E EF - C Program Files FlashGet jccatch dllO - BHO UAButtonBHO - CE DB -FCBE- - - C - C Program Files UAPick UABtn dllO - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - BHO SkypeIEPluginBHO - AE - E C- ED - F B-F F A - C Program Files Skype Toolbars Internet Explorer skypeieplugin dllO - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dllO - BHO JQSIEStartDetecto... Read more

A:NOt Sure What It Is - But I keep Losing My Cable Connection

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREWe also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit scanner. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic:Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal AdviceThen create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here:How to create a GMER log

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/339382/not-sure-what-it-is-but-i-keep-losing-my-cable-connection/
Relevancy 73.96%

My Situation I completely loose my cable connection upon turning the computer off and restarting it that Losing Connection Xp Cable is most of the time Sometimes I can turn it off three or fours times and all is working email browser download updates and such with no problem When I look in the device manager when all is working I have network adapters under which I see the cable modem Xp Losing Cable Connection No question or exclamation marks At the times I restart and there is no email or web access and I look into device manager I find that the network adapters is not there I am using WinXP pro and Xp Losing Cable Connection a USB connection for the cable modem When it is working I believe I have the icon that allows for safe removal of hardware When it is no working this icon is not there If I unplug and plug back in the USB cable nothing happens I appreciate any help you might offer and thank you in advance Jim nbsp

A:Xp Losing Cable Connection

let me guess... NTL?

if your setup goes like this:

PC -> USB -> ETHERNET -> CABLE MODEM OR CABLE SET TOP BOX

get rid of the usb and plug the ethernet into the computer...

PC -> ETHERNET -> CABLE MODEM OR SET TOP BOX

if you have not got an ethernet cable, check your usb legacy settings in the bios....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-losing-cable-connection.268999/
Relevancy 73.96%

My Situation I completely loose my cable connection upon turning the computer off and restarting it that is most of the time Sometimes I can turn it off three or fours times and all is working email browser Losing Xp Cable Connection download updates and such with no problem When I look in the device manager when all is working I have network adapters under which I see the cable modem No question or exclamation marks At the times I restart and there is no email or web access and I look into device manager I find that the network adapters is not there I am using WinXP pro and a USB connection for the cable modem When it is working I believe I have the icon that allows for safe removal of hardware When Xp Losing Cable Connection it is no working this icon is not there If I unplug and plug back in the USB cable nothing happens I appreciate any help you might offer and thank you in advance Jim nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-losing-cable-connection.268992/
Relevancy 73.96%

After I reboot due to program updates or other reasons, I lose my ethernet connection on my modem. To get it back I have to turn off the modem and then turn it back on. This always works, but takes time. I have tried several suggested solutions, but none worked. Anyone having similar problems with Windows 7 Home Premium?

A:Losing ethernet connection after reboot

Try updating your Ethernet adapter driver,

try another cable,

replace your modem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/138388-losing-ethernet-connection-after-reboot.html
Relevancy 73.96%

I am having a problem where my PC, (Win7 32bit) is losing the connection to my router Netgear n150 WNR1000v2. This regularly happens using Hotmail when I am uploading attachments, it has also happened in Gmail, and happens at other times when I am browsing the internet.

When the connection drops, I get a little yellow bubble over the internet connection icon on the task, I click this and the Network and Sharing Centre shows a yellow bubble between the PC and my router. I click this, and Windows tries to solve the issue. It regularly comes back saying that the Default Gateway couldn't be connected to and resets the Local Area Connection Adaptor.

My adaptor is: ATHEROS L1 Gigabit Ethernet 10/100/1000 and is running the latest drivers. My router is running the latest firmware.

Relevancy 73.96%

Hi, I am running XP, service pack one (although in add remove, some service pack two stuff is evident also from Windows update), connecting via ethernet and sometimes usb and the connection keeps dropping and I have to reinstall the tiscali usb drivers.

I have run many tests for virus and trojans etc and assume now that it is OK.
Any ideas as to why the tiscali drivers seem to be knocked out so often and connection lost????

Many thanks

A:Losing connection on ADSL Ethernet or USB

Have you tried updating the drivers?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/losing-connection-on-adsl-ethernet-or-usb.531196/
Relevancy 73.96%

Is there somewhere in Windows XP, 7, and 8 to have it use the ethernet cable only when plugged in even with WiFi enabled or connected?

A:Prefer ethernet cable over WiFi?

When my Ethernet cable is plugged into the modem, it automatically supercedes wireless connection.

I.E. - When using PS3, I plug in cable and that is the one that is recognized - if I unplug it, wireless takes over.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/339871-prefer-ethernet-cable-over-wifi.html
Relevancy 73.96%

Basically what happened before: After updating to Windows 10, my computer was not showing any network options. (The icon says "Not connected - No connections are available) Going into Control Panel/Network and Internet/Network Connections, it then says "Local Area Connection Network cable unplugged". I ran diagnostics and it said to plug in the ethernet cable to the network adaptor. So my wifi connection will not work with my laptop unless directly connected to by the ethernet cable. Wifi works fine with phones, ipods/ipads, and another laptop that was also updated to windows 10/a desktop still using windows 8.

A:Wifi not connecting without Ethernet cable

If you can't connect with Wi-Fi plugging in an Ethernet cable is bypassing the wireless entirely. Have you checked Control Panel, Device Manager [or right-click the Start button and choose Device Manager], see if maybe you need to download then install drivers for your Wireless Network adapter? Check the Network work section, are there any yellow symbols there? Is the Wireless adapter listed? If so maybe it needs to have the drivers updated, right-click and make the choice while still connected. The downside to Upgrading to Win10 is the "it worked in Win7 w/SP1 or Win8.1" doesn't guarantee it works in Win10 without updating drivers that Microsoft may not yet have available, they usually come from the manufacturer of devices.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/18262-wifi-not-connecting-without-ethernet-cable.html
Relevancy 73.96%

My problem started the day of the big cyber attack on the internet. Coincidence?

I am having the same problem as this poster

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/629989/cant-connect-to-the-internet-via-wifi-but-can-with-cable/

I've tried everything mentioned in that thread to no avail.

I have Windows 7 - 64 bit.
Vaio vgn-z610y which is 7 yr old.

Went to Device manager.. First deleted, then I updated the  driver for Intel Wifi 5100 AGN.. Then I went to the Sony site and found another driver update.

I don't see a place in Bios.to enable wireless.

The Windows Mobility utility didn't fix the problem.

I don't know what else to try..The Netgear WNR1000 v4 router is new and wifi works on my tablet..

I've removed the battery from the laptop.

I don't have a restore point so maybe I have a virus? I've run Malwarebytes, , Awdcleaner, Avast, Tdsskiller,

Please HELP!

Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/630521/cant-connect-to-wifi-but-can-use-ethernet-cable/
Relevancy 73.53%

I have been having BSOD problems ever since I bought this computer (almost a year ago)
Originally it would BSOD on File > Open but I worked around that.
Not It BSODs when ever I either boot it up with some type of internet adapter plugged in, or plug some sort of internet adapter after I turned it on. If I plug it in after it has be turned on, it will run for maybe 10-20 min, and then BSOD.
I was unable to retrieve a System Health Report
I received the error:
Error:

An error occured while attempting to generate the report.
The system cannot find the path specified.
This may relate to me being in safe mode but I'm not sure.

Windows 7 . . .
- x64bit
- Windows 7 Home Premium OEM
- Coming up on 1 year
- 1 year also
- Gateway DX 4840
- Intel Core i3 CPU 550
- 8192mb Ram

A:BSOD with Ethernet Cable/Wireless Adapter plugged in

Quote: Originally Posted by robozman

I have been having BSOD problems ever since I bought this computer (almost a year ago)
Originally it would BSOD on File > Open but I worked around that.
Not It BSODs when ever I either boot it up with some type of internet adapter plugged in, or plug some sort of internet adapter after I turned it on. If I plug it in after it has be turned on, it will run for maybe 10-20 min, and then BSOD.
I was unable to retrieve a System Health Report
I received the error:
Error:

An error occured while attempting to generate the report.
The system cannot find the path specified.
This may relate to me being in safe mode but I'm not sure.

Windows 7 . . .
- x64bit
- Windows 7 Home Premium OEM
- Coming up on 1 year
- 1 year also
- Gateway DX 4840
- Intel Core i3 CPU 550
- 8192mb Ram

Nothing in the compressed file please try this method

We do need the DMP file as it contains the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.

If you are overclocking STOP

You may be able to get the DMP files without crashing by booting into safe mode (F8) with networking.

To enable us to assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder.

The procedure:

Quote:
* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.
*If the files are too large please upload them to a file sharing service like "Rapidshare" and put a link to them in your reply.

To ensure minidumps are enabled:

Quote:
* Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
* Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
* Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
* Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
* Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
* OK your way out.
* Reboot if changes have been made.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/211790-bsod-ethernet-cable-wireless-adapter-plugged.html
Relevancy 73.1%

Hi, i have been experiencing BSODs for 3 days not. At first it started when I connected to WiFi, so i switched to ethernet cable. Now it crashes when i am using the ethernet cable as well. I tried searching for solutions but i don't understand much about computers. I have the minidump file but i don't know how to show them here. I tried using driver verifier and now it crashes every 20 minutes without even connecting to the internet. I cant put my computer into safe mode, it reboots even if i press shift +f8 and i cant create recovery disk. Can anyone please help me solve this.

A:BSOD when connecting to wifi and using ethernet cable

At one point during the repeated boots you should get a prompt to try startup/automatic repair.
You can also try forcing a restart when the little spinning dial is at the bottom of boot screen (by holding down the power button)
Select that, and then you can select Safe Mode to boot into.

Try each one of the options here: Safe Mode - Start Windows 8 in
If you still can't get into Safe Mode, you can always boot using your recovery media in order to access Startup Repair.

The very first thing to do in Safe Mode is to disable Driver Verifier
To do this, open up verifier.exe and select "Delete existing settings". Then click on Finish and reboot to let the changes take effect.

To upload the minidump file, zip it up and then upload it using the Attachments tool below the reply box.

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/63057-bsod-when-connecting-wifi-using-ethernet-cable.html
Relevancy 73.1%

Hey guys, my laptop asus stopped working with wifi connection and I was just reading some posts here about this same problem but didn't find how to fix it.

I was uninstalling some programs from my pc but I didn't uninstall programs named "something wireless". I just took off what I knew I could.

I also tried the option "solve problems" in the wireless pc symbol and the answer was to connect my laptop to an ethernet cable...that never happened. Just now.

Does anyone knows how I get back my wireless connection? Pleasee

A:WiFi doesn't work only with cable ethernet

Powercycle the modem and router. Here is a specific order if you have a separate modem and router.
1. Shut down all PC's.
2. Shut down the Modem and router.
3. Power on the modem only. Wait 2 minutes or so.
4. Power on the router. Wait 2 minutes or so.
If you have a modem/router combo, then you don't need step 4.
5. Boot up the PC and see if you can connect.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wifi-doesnt-work-only-with-cable-ethernet.207136/
Relevancy 73.1%

Hi there,

So in the past my laptop has been able to connect directly to the internet using an Cat5e cable, but recently when I have been trying to direct connect, I have been unable to, and not sure when the problem started because I always used WiFi and it worked great. I do a lot of messing around, not only with my network, but with my laptop settings also, so something might have gone bunko. I have done much troubleshooitng, such as trying to update drivers, checking to see if the hardware was disabled, etc... And I am out of ideas! Please, anything helps!

A:Ethernet Cable Not Recognized by Laptop, but Wifi is

can we see an ipconfig /all
------------------------------------------------------------------------
ipconfig /all
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here

We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results in a reply here

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results to notepad and then automatically open notepad.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results to a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy
Now go back to the forum - reply and then right click in the reply box and paste

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ethernet-cable-not-recognized-by-laptop-but-wifi-is.1059231/
Relevancy 73.1%

Hey guys This issue is most puzzling to me Since yesterday the internet began to act unsoundly through WiFi As in I never had this problem before There were periods where it was fast enough to play some online games watch Youtube no problem and then it would shut off randomly So since yesterday I have been restarting the modem with only very short term resolutions to the issue I accessed the modem through my web browser and it says the connection is always working fine Despite that I called my ISP and they claimed there was an issue and forwarded it to Deutsche Telekom Since then I did some experimenting and plugged my computer into the modem with the ethernet cable Boom No problem whatsoever It's been top speed and reliable So I'm assuming this is an issue with Windows hopefully you guys can help me out If it helps I downloaded and installed updates for Windows today There are optional ones that I did not download yet but I did is Wifi unstable, top is ethernet speed? cable yet download and install the important ones Wifi is unstable, yet ethernet cable is top speed? no problem I checked the network adapters and they all state quot The best driver for your software is already installed quot Thanks in advance

A:Wifi is unstable, yet ethernet cable is top speed?

You may want to go to the website of the laptop's manufacturer and download the latest driver, and install it. Using the OEM driver, sometimes eliminates the problem.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/39958-wifi-unstable-yet-ethernet-cable-top-speed.html
Relevancy 73.1%

I have Lenovo laptop and my internet works just fine when the cable is connected but Wifi does not work It shows that i have excellent signal on the side but it just wont connect When i type with Wifi not cable Laptop works Ethernet but in password it says quot Windows cannot connect to XYZ quot I use Windows and my wireless network adapter is Atheros AR C Users MY gt IPCONFIG ALL Windows IP Configuration Host Name MY-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List local lan Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Anchorfree HSS VPN Adapter Physical Address -FF- -D - -DE DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address -F -A -FA-B - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Laptop works with Ethernet cable but not Wifi Suffix Description Atheros AR Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address -F -A -FA-B - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address C -CB- -FC-E - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix local lan Description Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Physical Address -AE- D-DE- A- B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d af d Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Friday November AM Lease Expires Friday November PM Default Gateway fe ff fe b DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address d ab c f ca f fefd Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe c f ca f fefd Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap D DE-EF - E -A B -BB A C F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap local lan Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix local lan Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap AAE A - - DAF-AE E- BA B CACF Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap CC - - - -EAF D Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Here s a screenshot of what it shows nbsp

Relevancy 73.1%

So here I am sitting on my desktop Vista machine Acer Aspire M model being able to connect to my D-Link wifi router by ONLY using a Belkin wifi dongle I Connect dongle Only cable Can using ethernet WiFi & not via cannot get my machine to connect with an ethernet cable I have tried several different cable but still no joy When I go Can Only Connect using WiFi dongle & not via ethernet cable to 'Network amp Sharing' centre in Vista I can see the Belkin Wifi connection which is obviously how I am being able to connect and type this but the wired connection just constantly says 'Unidentified' - Local Access Only Just to add some more info - I also went to the Command Prompt and typed in ipconfig renew and Can Only Connect using WiFi dongle & not via ethernet cable after a few seconds got the follwing reply 'An error occurred while renewing interface Wired Connection unable to contact your DHCP server Request timed out An error occured while releasing interface Loopback Pseudo-Interface The system cannot find the file specified Ethernet adaptor Wired Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Link Local IPv Address f e ec b bd e Autoconfiguration IPv Address Subnet Mask Default gateway fe ea c cff e Can anyone help me out here

A:Can Only Connect using WiFi dongle & not via ethernet cable

....anybody?!?! Over 100 views and nobody has any idea on a possible fix?!

I also noticed a post further down which has had over 10,000 views and only 7 reponses...not holding out much hope....!!!

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/298275-can-only-connect-using-wifi-dongle-not-via-ethernet-cable.html
Relevancy 73.1%

If I am client to outdoor Wifi hotspot profider, for the same power, what is better to use Ethernet or USB Wifi adapter?

The advatanges of usb adapter is easy installation without hard setup but USB cable can not be longer than 5 meter

On the othe side, with the Ethernet outdoor bridge/ you can have longer Etherne cable (20 meters or even 100 meter using special cables). However, it s harder to setup and you need to enter IPs, change the defaulted passwords so no other people access it and set the Wifi setting. It is also more expensive than Usb WiFi adapter.

I notice the people with Ethernet WiFi outdoor bridge has less problems than the USB one ( I don't know if the reason is the virus in their computer and other factors that effect the usb software)

Which outdoor device you think is the best connect to outdoor AP (my ISP uses outdoor Ethernet AP with big Antennas)?

A:outdoor Ethernet or USB Wifi Adapter

So no people have tried these devices

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outdoor-ethernet-or-usb-wifi-adapter.967837/
Relevancy 72.67%

Hi I bought a new router to connect to my cable modem so that via reset ethernet connect Help! router cable. DNS, net adapter. Can't to Flushed I could share through USB It s a Netgear WNR the N range I was trying to find out how to set the two of them up and stupidly followed the wrong instructions setting the Can't connect to router via ethernet cable. Flushed DNS, reset net adapter. Help! IP address to yes I ve tried typing that into browser tried typing the old one tried routerlogin net and com Then I tried resetting the network adapter following threads by people who had the same problem by doing the following in elevated command prompt ipconfig flushdns nbtstat -R nbtstat -RR netsh int reset all netsh int ipv reset netsh int ipv reset netsh winsock reset And Can't connect to router via ethernet cable. Flushed DNS, reset net adapter. Help! then a reboot I ve tried resetting the router by holding the pin in and Can't connect to router via ethernet cable. Flushed DNS, reset net adapter. Help! letting the test light flash for a good - seconds I ve tried turning it off waiting turning back on I ve tried restarting in safe mode What can I do to connect to this router again so I can restore the proper IP I don t have another laptop I can use nbsp

A:Can't connect to router via ethernet cable. Flushed DNS, reset net adapter. Help!

After you reset it to factory defaults its LAN address is set to default. Connect a Windows PC to it and show ...

Open a (black) Command Prompt window:
Hold the Windows logo key and press r; in the Run box type cmd and click on OK.

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

[Press ENTER after each command.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-connect-to-router-via-ethernet-cable-flushed-dns-reset-net-adapter-help.1124398/
Relevancy 72.67%

I have an HP a f Intel Pentium Dual CPU bit operating system with a NVIDIA nForce Ethernet card and Netgear Wireless-G Router for the Toshiba laptop My internet connection has been working just fine on BOTH computers Recently JUST THE HP will "Local cable internet Plug a network Lost the - Error into Area Connection" adapter not connect to the internet saying quot plug a cable into the network adapter local Plug a cable into the network adapter "Local Area Connection" Error - Lost internet area connection quot I have tried various repairs to diagnose where the issue is occurring and think it might be something to do with an HP update that may have messed something up or a driver issue After taking the router out of the loop trying a new ethernet cable etc I m thinking either drivers port or card I have Windows Vista and have searched various forums and tried several quot solutions quot to no avail Any ideas I am communicating thru my laptop s internet connection so I am limited to the quot Diagnose amp Repair quot options on my HP with NO INTERNET CONNECTION -ruled out router issue -tried different ethernet cords -researched error in System Diagnostics Report Microsoft to adapter is reporting quot tv configMgrErr quot -unchecked ipv internet protocol -several restarts -Network Sharing Center - checked properties of quot local area connection quot Desktop OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel Pentium Dual CPU E GHz Processor Count RAM GB RAM Hard Drives C Free - MB Antivirus Norton Enabled Some updates recently failed due to loss of internet connection C Users Robbi AppData Roaming Microsoft Windows Start Menu gt IPCONFIG ALL Windows IP Configuration Host Name Robbi-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description NVIDIA nForce Mbps Ethernet Physical Address - - - - -AA DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap EDD A- - E -B DD- B br Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap EDD A- - E -B DD- B br Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes amp Thanks in advance for any assistance offered Robbi nbsp

A:Plug a cable into the network adapter "Local Area Connection" Error - Lost internet

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/plug-a-cable-into-the-network-adapter-local-area-connection-error-lost-internet.949907/
Relevancy 72.67%

About every 1-2 weeks my router loses the connection to the internet via cable modem. This has happened with 2 different cable modems (Netgear CM212 and Motorola Surfboard 5100) and also with 2 different routers (Netgear 614 and D-Link DI-524). When this happens the thing that usually fixes it is unplugging the router for several minutes and then plugging it back in again. I have Windows XP set to automatically detect the internet connection, and the router is set to use DHCP. Sometimes I also have to bypass the router and then put it back (so this could be partially a Windows problem?). Is there any way I can configure the router so it doesn't keep losing the internet connection? I have Comcast cable modem service.

Thank you.

Relevancy 72.67%

I have losing connection/cable DLINK modem a motorola SB surfboard modem an adelphia cable internet connection and a DLINK - DI- wireless router When I connect my modem directly to my computer the internet connection works fine When I connect to my router it will work for like minutes and then just lose the connection quot can t find server quot A few weeks ago everything was DLINK losing connection/cable modem fine but since I just got this new modem I don t know if DLINK losing connection/cable modem its the modem or if it s the router -- if I need to replace either I have tried the renew and release I ve tried resetting the modem uploading the new firmware DLiNK tells me something on my computer is blocking the signal -- a firewall because there are always all the lights on my modem when I m connected directly and when I m connected through the router i must also mention that there are times when i m connected directly to the computer and not the router i also lose the connection -- even with all the lights on -- that I have to do a renew release I hope that you can help me figure this out nbsp

A:DLINK losing connection/cable modem

Curious to know if you reset the D-Ling back to factory setting and start from scratch with the setup? If you didn't you may have some setting in there preventing the router from obtaining the info from the modem.

Try resetting the router, then turn everything off. Start by turning the modem on, let it stabilize, then the router...give it a couple of minutes and then the computer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dlink-losing-connection-cable-modem.438090/
Relevancy 72.24%

Hello folks,

This is not exactly Windows 10 issue but a networking issue that I need some help with.

I am in a situation, where I need to use ethernet cable connection but there is no physical ethernet port to connect to, but there is ample wifi. I have this pocket router, Amazon.com: TP-LINK TL-WR702N Wireless N150 Travel Router, Nano Size, Router/AP/Client/Bridge/Repeater Modes, Up to 150Mbps, USB Powered: Computers Accessories which I think can be used for this purpose. I just want to confirm, it is indeed possible.

Many thanks in advance.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/51622-connecting-wifi-physical-router-ethernet-cable-use.html
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi All I have Windows Vista home premium I moved from Chicago to Boston Before I left Chicago I tried removing kaspersky internet security as my laptop used to heat up and shut down often you can hear the voice from laptop when more process are running and it shut s down While uninstalling kaspersky the laptop shutdown half way I moved to Boston I tried connecting to wireless it does not work It shows connected excellent signal strength but bytes received Wireless works fine for other room mates on their laptops If works, not cable does wifi Solved: work ethernet I try connecting from cable internet works fine Pasting the ipconfig all results Windows IP Configuration Host Name compaq-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List hsd ma comcast net Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd ma comcast net Description Atheros AR b g WiFi Adapter Physical Address - F-E -BB- A- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d bd ea f ae Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Saturday Solved: ethernet cable works, wifi does not work October AM Lease Expires Saturday November AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -DE-FB- - - E-EC- E-DA- DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd ma comcast net Description Realtek RTL x Family Fast Ethernet NIC Physical Address - E-EC- E-DA- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Solved: ethernet cable works, wifi does not work Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap E CF- F- D - FDE-F EC B DEA Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd ma comcast net Description isatap hsd ma comcast net Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Pls help I also attached the pic of wifi inspector Thanks nbsp

A:Solved: ethernet cable works, wifi does not work

The following was put together mostly by etaf with a little help from me.

Atheros Wireless Adapter - AR5007EG & AR5007
Over the last four or so years we have been seeing a lot of problems with the above adapters, mainly concerning WPA and WPA2 encryption and mainly on windows Vista.
We have seen just a couple of issues on other windows operating system, windows XP and windows 7.

Windows XP:- A driver update has resolved the issue
Windows 7 :- No conclusive results for a fix

The wireless adapter gets an IP configuration, and shows as connected, but communication is non-existent or sporadic.

Log into the Router and disable the wireless security and see if you are now able to connect to the internet and surf OK.
Please post back a reply here, and let us know if that works or does not work.

Here are a number of possible solutions

--- 1) In Device Manager right click on the wireless adapter and "update driver."

--- 2) Download and install the latest wireless driver from your laptop manufacturer's web site support section,

--- 3) On one occasion re-setting the router back to factory default and re-configuring the router settings has resolved the issue

--- 4) The majority of members, have now used the drivers from the atheros driver site, which has resolved the issue.
- see below for direct links for windows vista and the link for all Atheros adapters and supported operating systems
AR5007
Vista 32 / 64 Bit
Direct link Drivers for Atheros AR5007 and Windows Vista 32 / 64 bit
You only need to click on the green download button labelled " Click to Download " and wait, the file will download - you do not need to click on any other buttons to get the download started
AR5007EG
Vista 32 / 64 Bit
Direct link Drivers for Atheros AR5007EG and Windows Vista 32 / 64 bit
You only need to click on the green download button labelled " Click to Download " and wait, the file will download - you do not need to click on any other buttons to get the download started
Drivers for the other windows operating system
http://www.atheros.cz/atheros-wireless-drivers.php
You need to look down the page for your particular adapter model and then look across the columns to find your windows version.
Now click on the blue tick mark in the column under your windows version.
This will open another page for that particular adapter and that windows version.

Now click on the download button labelled " Click to Download " and wait, the file will download - you do not need to click on any other buttons to get the download started

Assuming that after all the above the wireless still does not connect to the internet, all I can suggest is to use wireless security of WEP or to get an external USB wireless card.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-ethernet-cable-works-wifi-does-not-work.1111550/
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi there I don't like a load of LAN cables everywhere and quot She who must be LAN devices even (via ETHERNET - Bridge) Wifi Cable for free obeyed quot was complaining about number of boxes gadgets flashing lights etc under the TV so I've moved the two servers out of the way and just have the cable box main router so this I found was a really woman friendly solution for masses of LAN cable etc etc If you have fast Wifi and you have some Ethernet only gear connected away from your Router Cablebox you can use a quot Wireless Bridge quot -- It's possible to quot Hobble quot some old routers via DD-WRT but not all routers do that and you might LAN Cable free - even for ETHERNET devices (via Wifi Bridge) want to use fast wifi connectors Some modern cheap routers now allow quot Wireless Bridging quot too You need to set the second router up as your wireless bridge and then plug the LAN cables from your devices into that router which will connect wirelessly to your network I found this Router actually very good -- also works on new ac protocol up to Mbs in the GHZ band so plenty for your server streaming devices IPlugged the NAS'es Ethernet connectors into the lan connects on the quot Bridge Router quot -- works fine This one was EUR inc Tax Edimax BR- AC Wi-Fi Ethernet LAN Dual-band Router - Grey It does work as WIFI Bridge -- you have to LAN Cable free - even for ETHERNET devices (via Wifi Bridge) ensure your router can do that function if you buy LAN Cable free - even for ETHERNET devices (via Wifi Bridge) a new router If you have fast wifi and want to get rid of LAN cables and move boxes like NAS boxes into spare closets etc out of the way then IMO this is the way to go Smart TV's Chromecast etc etc can all be controlled via smart phones too - avoiding a quot Handset jungle quot as well I had to go down this route as she absolutely put her foot down with one single more wire or quot box quot being installed near the main TV Cheers jimbo

A:LAN Cable free - even for ETHERNET devices (via Wifi Bridge)

We hooked a powerline 1200 with gigabit ports up to our tv and it does the job nicely. It lives behind the tv and therefore is out of site. My NAS is also powerlined 1200 connected.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/43717-lan-cable-free-even-ethernet-devices-via-wifi-bridge.html
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi everyone
I have an Acer aspire one netbook, model D255 which operates on Windows 7.
Having trouble connecting to wifi connections. It worked fine initially, I tried turning the wifi switch on and off, it tells me that there are no wifi connections available, however everyone else Is able to connect via Wifi on their computers and myself without a problem on other devices.
On troubleshooting it's says - that an Ethernet cable is broken or not plugged in
properly, and is unable to fix the problem, as obviously I am not connected via any cable.
I looked in network and it says that the Ethernet cable is unplugged and does not show any available networks.
Urgent help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you

Relevancy 72.24%

Hello Without too much information I'm learning how to use network. using Using WIFI between whilst Ethernet Cable devices Beckhoff hardware I have a motor rigged up to a PLC that is programmable via Ethernet using a software called Twincat I'm a hardware person so hooking it up was no problem But I'm venturing out into the world of PLC programming which I'm finding quite new and difficult I use Google YouTube internet services to aid me in learning this The problem is to connect with the PLC my Ethernet port needs to Using Ethernet Cable between devices whilst using WIFI network. be active Whilst connected whilst programming I'd like to connect to the internet via WIFI I've found a multitude of forums with instructions to change the priority of the network connections using metrics and all that but none of the solutions allow me to connect to both Is it really impossible to connect with a device via Ethernet whilst connected to the internet using WIFI I don't know the exact specs for all the different hardware cards on my laptop but its a HP ZBook running windows Much obliged

A:Using Ethernet Cable between devices whilst using WIFI network.

You may need a crossover cable.

How is everything connected ?

A router ? A switch ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/394041-using-ethernet-cable-between-devices-whilst-using-wifi-network.html
Relevancy 72.24%

Hey guys,

I have a Sony Vaio VPCEH15EN laptop & the OS is Windows 7 home basic. I have a wifi router which is of TPLINK.

The wifi won't connect to my laptop but it works fine on my mobile..it would only start working when I use the ethernet cable. I never had this problem before. I have tried everything ..I also tried the winsockfix.bat but all my efforts have gone in vain..I just don't know if the wifi router is faulty or the modem of my ISP...Please help me solve this problem.

Best Regards,
Om

A:Wifi on my laptop won't work but works when I use the ethernet cable

I have solved the problem by myself. To do this, first you have to disconnect your Ethernet cable from your laptop and follow the steps: Start>Control Panel>Network and Sharing Center>Manage Wireless Networks and remove all wireless connections by right click on it and select Remove network from the drop down menu. After doing this, close the windows and scan for the Wi-Fi networks. Click on the available network and select connect. After a while, you will be asked to give a password for your Wi-Fi connection. Type the password and click on connect button. And now will be connected to your Wi-Fi network via wireless.

May be it will help you.
Regards
MD. MAHMUDUL HASAN

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wifi-on-my-laptop-wont-work-but-works-when-i-use-the-ethernet-cable.200754/
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi! I don't know much about this place but there's a problem with my laptop and I don't know how to solve it. My laptop won't connect to the wifi anymore but it works perfectly fine with the ethernet cable. I appreciate it very much if you tech geniuses could help me out. THANK YOU!

A:My WiFi on my laptop won't work but works with Ethernet cable

Are there any yellow (!) in the device manager?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-wifi-on-my-laptop-wont-work-but-works-with-ethernet-cable.206652/
Relevancy 71.81%

I bought an Acer Aspire 5733Z 4 months ago everything was going fine with my computer. then 2 months ago my WiFi connection dropped randomly the only way to get it to work again was restarting the computer, and it started getting annoying.

Please help, i'll appreciate it.

----

A:losing my wifi connection.

The screenshot you show says that it is experiencing either a driver or hardware related failure, so the first step would seem to be to update the driver with the latest one from the Acer website. If that doesn't resolve the issue, call up Acer about a warranty repair.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/losing-my-wifi-connection-658940.html
Relevancy 71.81%

what I would like to know is if there are any people out there that might be able to help me with ( why do I constantly keep losing my connection) for no apparent reason

Relevancy 71.81%

I have been using my wireless adapter for a couple years now but it has started to drop connection for no obvious reason about every 5-10 minutes. I believe this is a device related issue not a network problem hence my posting here.

Changes made around the time the issues began:
New Wireless headset
New Keyboard
New Wireless Adapter (Both behaving the same issue)
Moved into garage with no air conditioning and it was very humid.

I don't believe drivers are an issue
PSU may be but I don't know why it would just now start after years of use.

Any info needed feel free to ask and sorry for not providing enough if that is the case. I am at my wits end with this problem.

A:Wireless Adapter Intermittently Losing Connection.

Hi Welcome to Seven Forums ... Could be this is a channel problem with the router. If anyone near you uses the same channel for their router it will cause dropped connections. Try using another channel on the router which may fix the problem.
You will need to go to your Router Settings ..

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/377837-wireless-adapter-intermittently-losing-connection.html
Relevancy 71.38%

XFINITY Comcast Internet XFINITY Modem Windows Ethernet Intel V Gigabit Network Connection Wireless NETGEAR Wireless Adapter I've effectively ruled the problem to be ONLY on this computer Alright let's begin I have major problems Due to a recent lightning storm I've just recently purchased a replacement XFINITY Modem AND Wifi Mbps Cap Latency Adapter Climbing Ethernet unfortunately - - The XFINITY Modem before this replacement always had my Ethernet wired connection at a solid mb s on Speedtest so I know my wired connection can reach those speeds However after this replacement modem my Ethernet wired connection is CONSTANTLY capped at - mb s It will never go above This has been happening for a couple weeks now and I've lost sleep trying to fix it I've tried everything literally virtually everything I just don't Ethernet Mbps Cap AND Wifi Adapter Latency Climbing know what the hell to do anymore The fact that I even registered to post this thread and one on tomshardware shows I'm desperate enough I just want to Ethernet Mbps Cap AND Wifi Adapter Latency Climbing play video games guys My Wifi My wireless connection on the other hand passes the usual Speedtest mb s every single time The only problem is and I'm not completely sure how it is triggered after a couple hours of use on the wireless card my ping will begin to climb into the thousands and it will stay there until I literally plop the card out plop it back in Fixed just like that until the next climb I swear the amount of time I've spent on this matter is mindblowing I've lost all hope I refuse to spend money on anything unless it's a hardware issue which I highly doubt The NETGEAR card is a very expensive and fairly new device The Modem is brand new My computer is in top shape in all other aspects and my ethernet port cord what have you worked literally right before I hooked up the new modem If anyone could even ASSIST me to the grand solution I'd be most grateful Thanks

A:Ethernet Mbps Cap AND Wifi Adapter Latency Climbing

Really do not know what Bill Gates has to do with anything.

If you had lightening strikes in your area, you need to tell Comcast to get off of their rears and check for any equipment that was fried by a direct or near lightening strike.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/66946-ethernet-mbps-cap-wifi-adapter-latency-climbing.html
Relevancy 71.38%

Hi there

If you use Chromecast - great device too even if it is made by Google a drawback is that the wifi receiver in the Chromecast device is limited to the 2.4 GHZ band which can get severely congested at times (so slow performance).

This little device is an Ethernet adapter for your Chromecast - so you can plug the thing straight into your router / cablebox via its LAN connection.

Now you can use 5GHZ band on your client devices -- much faster wifi experiemce - for example I'm getting absolutely no video lag accessing Chromecast using 5GHZ band with INTEL Dual band AC7265 wifi adapter built in to my laptop.

If you have 5GHZ band available on your router - especially in urban areas / large cities use it before "The masses" discover it. !!!

https://store.google.com/product/eth...for_chromecast

Cheers
jimbo

A:Chromecast - ethernet adapter - you can use 5GHZ wifi for clients

There is a way of connecting Chromecast via hard-wired Ethernet at about 1/3 cost of Google's device by buying a couple of adapters from your local electronics store or Amazon. See https://productforums.google.com/for...st/xo_NDh5CZA8

I've just done this and it works fine.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/40802-chromecast-ethernet-adapter-you-can-use-5ghz-wifi-clients.html
Relevancy 71.38%

I have a computer with a PCCHIPS P25G motherboard pent 4 2.93 gig processor and 1 gig memory. The Ethernet is integrated. Win Xp w/sp 3 OS. This computer has worked fine for over 3 yrs. Now when it boots up it says it found new hardware and installs the Ethernet then after about a minute it two it uninstalls the the Ethernet and stays uninstalled until it is rebooted and the process starts all over again. When it uninstalls a window pops up saying unist complete when you close that window a window pops up saying "WIN UNIST CANNOT FIND PROPER NIC, CLICK OK TO EXIT PROGRAM"

Thanks for any help,
RLB

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ethernet-uninstalls-it-self.890185/
Relevancy 71.38%

Hi, I have purchased hp-15-ba025au yesterday. After installing Windows 10 64 bit, I found that wifi is missing.  I am not seeing Wifi under device manager. Though I can see bluetooth. I am seeing one "Network Controller" under "Other devices". Not sure if it would help. Cheers,Dharmender 

Solved!
View Solution.

A:hp-15-ba025au wifi adapter and wifi connection missing

Hi: The parts list for your notebook indicates it comes with a Realtek RTL8723BE-VB 802.11b/g/n 1x1 Wi-Fi + Bluetooth 4.0 combination WLAN adapter. http://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx?SearchText=X5Q25PA Below are the links to the wireless and bluetooth drivers you need for that model wlan card... This package contains the driver installation package for the Realtek RTL8723BE/RTL8188EE wireless LAN Controller in the supported notebook models running a supported operating system. File name: sp75613.exe This package contains the driver installation package for the Realtek Bluetooth in the supported notebook models running a supported operating system. File name: sp75614.exe

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/hp-15-ba025au-wifi-adapter-and-wifi-connection-missing/td-p/5693227
Relevancy 70.95%

I have purchased an Insignia Flex 8 tablet and updated it to 14393.187. Every few minutes, I lose the WiFi connection. First, it hangs and then I get an error saying that it is connected to the router but there is no internet!
I am not having any issues with my 650 or my Surface 2. I'm wondering if any others are seeing WiFi issues on this version or if I have to return the tablet. I have already had to return one as it kept powering off

A:Losing wifi connection every few minutes

Did you try resetting the device?

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10/440792-losing-wifi-connection-every-few-minutes.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Not too long ago i formatted this desktop, and it automatically installed this program called WeFi, idont know if thats what the wireless device installs but it lets me see my strength of connection and some others but when i go into this one game i lose connection. i tried to disable my firewall already and it still does that.
Also i dont lose connection while browsing.

ill put up a screenschot.

A:Losing Wifi connection often. during game.

Post in the WeFi forum.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/losing-wifi-connection-often-during-game-518685.html
Relevancy 70.95%

I lose wifi to my hp 8610 pro every once in a while ( I have a vista and windows 8 computers) connected with wifi works most of the time on both computers but every once in a while it loses the wifi to the printer. When i turn the printer off for a minute and then back on, the connection works on all my devices. Until it happens again. I have talked to hp support several times they took control of my printer over the internet and told me it was fixed but still happens once in a while ( can anyone help with this) It is very hard to go to where the printer is when this happens and turn off and on.
thank you in advance

A:I Have Been Having My Hp 8610 Pro ( Keeps Losing The Wifi Connection)

This all depends on why it is happening. If the problem is due to distance between the printer and your WAP (wireless access point - typically integrated with router our modem/gateway device), then you need to move them closer together. Note that the effective range is greatly affected by the number of barriers (walls, ceilings, and floors) between the device and the WAP, the thickness and materials used for those barriers, and metal pipes and wires in those barriers. Nearby metal filing cabinets can create barriers and even bounce the RF causing interference, and nearby electronic devices may cause interference too - such as microwave ovens, cell towers, TVs, etc.

You can try elevating the printer and the WAP to create a more direct "line of sight" path for the RF (wifi) signal to travel. If the WAP has exterior antennas, you can try re-orienting them. If the WAP as internal antennas, you can try rotating the WAP (or the printer) 90 and see if that helps.

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/index.php?threads/i-have-been-having-my-hp-8610-pro-keeps-losing-the-wifi-connection.310287/
Relevancy 70.95%

Hello So the other day WiFi Packets Connection Losing my laptop's wireless internet connection stopped working Other devices in my WiFi Connection Losing Packets household are unaffected including a desktop with WiFi Connection Losing Packets a wireless connection my phone and a Playstation It tells me my internet WiFi Connection Losing Packets is connected but it's incredibly slow and gives me DNS errors or time out errors although sometimes I can connect to google but just barely I tried to use a USB Wireless Connection over the wireless adapter with no success I have ensured my wireless network drivers are up to date An ethernet cable works and I can connect when hardwired I have tried ipconfig release renew and dnsflush dnsregister My IPV and IPV are set to automatically connect I have reinstalled driver software for my wireless adapter Every time I ping my router I get between - packet loss and consistently get packet loss when pinging google and the like I thought it was a hardware issue until I used the Wireless USB device and it had no better effect At this point I suspect it's a firewall issue I've run a scan with malwarebytes and Kaspersky but neither turned up anything at all not to rule out that it might be a virus or malware but just to indicate I've thought of that too I run a Windows Intel i If I need to include any other specs please let me know

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f31/wifi-connection-losing-packets-1040721.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Can anyone advise me how to sort this problem out? All other devices in the house keep their connection but my laptop keeps droppings ifs connection. I have to stand in front of the router to get it to reconnect.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Pavilion-g6-keeps-losing-wifi-connection/td-p/5676828
Relevancy 70.95%

Hello So the other day my laptop's wireless internet connection stopped working Other devices in my household are unaffected including a desktop with a wireless connection my phone and a Playstation It tells me my internet is connected but it's incredibly slow and gives me DNS errors or time out errors although sometimes I can connect to google but just barely I tried to use a USB Wireless Connection over the wireless adapter with no success I have ensured Packets Losing Connection WiFi my wireless network drivers WiFi Connection Losing Packets are up to date An ethernet cable works and I can connect when WiFi Connection Losing Packets hardwired I have tried ipconfig release renew and dnsflush dnsregister My IPV and IPV are set to automatically connect I have reinstalled driver software for my wireless adapter Every time I ping my router I get between - packet loss and consistently get packet loss when pinging google and the like I thought it was a hardware issue until I used the Wireless USB device and it had no better effect At this point I suspect it's a firewall issue I've run a scan with malwarebytes and Kaspersky but neither turned up anything at all not to rule out that it might be a virus or malware but just to indicate I've thought of that too I run a Windows Intel i If I need to include any other specs please let me know

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/wifi-connection-losing-packets-1040721.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Whenever I unplug from the router and go upstairs, I can't connect to my wi-fi. The problem also persists downstairs unless I am connected by ethernet. It's been happening for about 2 days. At first the wi-fi would jump in and out randomly and quickly but now it simply wont connect. Is it a virus or how can I fix it?

A:Wifi doesn't connect unless directly connected to router by ethernet cable

You might just need to restart your router / WiFI AP to resolve that issue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wifi-doesnt-connect-unless-directly-connected-to-router-by-ethernet-cable.202219/
Relevancy 70.95%

Debating on going wireless or not Have an Asus M A TD EVO that has RTL E PCIe Gigabit LAN controller featuring AI NET So Gigabit Im thinking at least I am wire into my router which puts out high speed and low ping to wireless Standard Ethernet cables supply the data pipeline not sure what the transfer speed is on them If anyone can let me know cable ethernet card wifi speed questions question with and Network that would be great I have been eyeballing the super speed ethernet cables but not sure if it would solve the ping issues I have with desktop being too high and the cost for a ' line Tried finding a wireless card that handles N network and Network speed and ethernet cable questions with wifi card question Ghz for my dual band What is the standard ethernet cable speed Can the standard ethernet cable from router to computer be causing high ping have second computer with ' cable same issue Would it be better to go wireless and forego the wired ethernet cable What wireless card would you recommend

A:Network speed and ethernet cable questions with wifi card question

UGH

1- what kind of cable? cat 5, cat5 E, cat 6?

2-Yes if cheap, old, or not shielded.

3-Not if you are transfering large amounts of data on your internal LAN

4-An 802.11 "N" card

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/218711-network-speed-ethernet-cable-questions-wifi-card-question.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Hello, I have a problem with my notebook. I connected with an Ethernet cable to the network, is connected but I can not surf.
thanks for your kind response

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Ethernet-connection-cable/td-p/5821596
Relevancy 70.52%

Is there any type of deice or hardware made or trans-switching from Calbe to either. I recently bought a wifi system and it's all cable. I live in the Philipines and everything here is eithernet connextion. Is there a deive made for transwitich from cable to either via a hub or router?

A:Cable connection to Ethernet

Even though it appears you're having the same problem, please start a new thread when you have a new issue. It's very difficult to keep two problems straight and who's working on what in a single thread.

I've created a new thread for your issue here.

Note: You will need to post complete details of your configuration and your specific issue in this new thread for us to help you.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Sounds like you need a cable modem. Of course, we don't know much about your system or ISP, that would help. Make and model of all the equipment would be a start.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cable-connection-to-ethernet.948418/
Relevancy 70.52%

since a year or so i've had problem to load pages with many pictures, especially when it's had imbedded maps (extremely annoying when you're house hunting).
when trying to access these pages the computer has lost the wifi-connection, taking up to a minute or longer to recover it.

config:

Windows XP SP3 (problem occurred also with sp2)
D-link 524 fm: v2.04
Intel PROSet 12.4.3.11 (problem occurred also with previous driver versions)

when checking the d-link log, the following was logged when the computer lost the connection:

Friday January 01, 2010 17:28:20 CM Attack Twice w/in 60s

after some searching i found some german/polish/russian sites taking up the problem. they all pointed out the encryptation protocol as the source for the problem.

i had: wpa-psk.
changing it to: wpa-psk / wpa2-psk solved the problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/losing-wifi-connection-d-link-524-solution.890167/
Relevancy 69.66%

Have 2 Pavilions and lost the ethernet connection, with the cable, on one of them, still have wifi capability. When attaching ethernet cable, the light on the port does not light.Currently using my second Pavilion, with the cable connected, and the light on the port is light.Could the problem be with the Wlan/wireless card? Does this Realtek card handle both wired and wireless?Would prefer to do my own repairs when possible, as labor costs are way too high for my budget.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Lost-my-ethernet-cable-connection/td-p/5612940
Relevancy 69.66%

Hi there I ve ethernet via cable, but Connection through not Wireless got a PC connected to the internet with an ethernet cable and two laptops connected to the same router via wireless Everything was working fine untill a few Connection through ethernet cable, but not via Wireless days ago At the moment I still have internet on my PC but both of the laptops do connect to the router but won t connect to the internet I have tried the usual flushdns and problem solving in Control Panel but I can t get it to work and I haven t got a clue what I should do next Here s the IPConfig all for both laptops One pasted the other one in file as to not spam the post Microsoft Windows versie Copyright c Microsoft Corporation Alle rechten voorbehouden C Users Wilma gt ipconfig all Windows IP-configuratie Hostnaam LaptopWilma Primair DNS-achtervoegsel Knooppunttype hybride IP-routering ingeschakeld nee WINS-proxy ingeschakeld nee Draadloos LAN-adapter voor Draadloze netwerkverbinding Mediumstatus medium ontkoppeld Verbindingsspec DNS-achtervoegsel Beschrijving Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Fysiek adres A-F -A - F- -DB DHCP ingeschakeld ja Autom configuratie ingeschakeld ja Draadloos LAN-adapter voor Draadloze netwerkverbinding Verbindingsspec DNS-achtervoegsel Beschrijving Atheros AR B Wireless Network Adapter Fysiek adres -F -A - F- -DB DHCP ingeschakeld ja Autom configuratie ingeschakeld ja Link-local IPv -adres fe a bbb f ff voorkeur IPv -adres voorkeur Subnetmasker Lease verkregen zondag augustus Lease verlopen maandag augustus Standaardgateway fe bf e fc e DHCP-server DHCPv IAID DHCPv -client DUID - - - - -B -D -DA- -AE- D- - E-D DNS-servers NetBIOS via TCPIP ingeschakeld Tunnel-adapter voor isatap F B - C - CA - FDC- E D F D Mediumstatus medium ontkoppeld Verbindingsspec DNS-achtervoegsel Beschrijving Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Fysiek adres - - - - - - -E DHCP ingeschakeld nee Autom configuratie ingeschakeld ja Tunnel-adapter voor isatap F C F - CFE- F- EBB- CB AA A Mediumstatus medium ontkoppeld Verbindingsspec DNS-achtervoegsel Beschrijving Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Fysiek adres - - - - - - -E DHCP ingeschakeld nee Autom configuratie ingeschakeld ja Tunnel-adapter voor TO Adapter Mediumstatus medium ontkoppeld Verbindingsspec DNS-achtervoegsel Beschrijving Microsoft to Adapter Fysiek adres - - - - - - -E DHCP ingeschakeld nee Autom configuratie ingeschakeld ja Tunnel-adapter voor Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Mediumstatus medium ontkoppeld Verbindingsspec DNS-achtervoegsel Beschrijving Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Fysiek adres - - - - - - -E DHCP ingeschakeld nee Autom configuratie ingeschakeld ja http filedump org files cnzR html And here s a SS from Wi-Fi inspector http imageshack us f xirruswifi jpg I hope someone here might have some advice Thanks in advance Paladoradin nbsp

Relevancy 69.66%

Hey so I just got my new motherboard cpu and i've done a fresh windows connection+no detecting ethernet cable No install now to begin with my internet was just fine but not my wireless card no longer connects to the internet it can find the connection but when I try to connect to my router it says quot Cannot connect to asus my routers name quot now this wouldn't be such a problem but my wired connection I use both isn't detected so if I pull out my wireless card then it has no connection and my ethernet cable gives no signal a No connection+no ethernet cable detecting sign it's even there like if I go to see my internet devices it just shows my wireless card but my ethernet cable is plugged in and has been checked multiple times so not only do I get no connection wirelessly I get no connections wired I have installed the lan drivers etc and my wireless drivers but I have no connection still And on the rare chance my wireless connects to my router I get like seconds of internet or none at all but is connected Any help is apreciated EDIT forgot No connection+no ethernet cable detecting to say all other devices in the house No connection+no ethernet cable detecting are working just fine wirelessly and wired

A:No connection+no ethernet cable detecting

Ok so I just noticed the wireless card is called atheros ar9285 wireless net work adapter #2
This is not the case it's a tp link TL-WN781ND
And when I try to manualy install the wireless card it says no TPLINK wireless card detected :/ could this be where the problem lies?
What do internets what do.
Please any help would be apreciated I have alot of work that's due soon.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/304055-no-connection-no-ethernet-cable-detecting.html
Relevancy 69.66%

Hey guys So yesterday as I launched a computer game on my desktop it was stuck at the loading screen and was attempting to connect to the network I closed out of the game and then my internet just stopped working I am also with ethernet Issues Connection cable connected through the ethernet cable on a LAN network Anyways I went to bed and this Connection Issues with ethernet cable morning nothing changed I troubleshoot to see what the problem is and I Connection Issues with ethernet cable get the message Your broadband modem is experiencing connectivity issues with the problem The connection between your access point router or cable modem and the Internet is broken I tried replacing the ethernet cable with other ones all resulting in the same issue I have restarted my computer normally and in safe mode and I have done a system restore I live in an apartment so the only way to reset the modem is to unplug it which I've done numerous times I've also performed a clean boot with msconfig exe and I've tried to reset the winsock connection via cmd Also when I plug in any of the ethernet cables to my laptop I can connect to the LAN just fine the only issue is that it wont connect with my desktop Does anyone know what the problem could be I'm trying to do everything before calling in someone to inspect fix it All help is very much appreciated Thanks EDIT Im sorry I posted this in the wrong section it should be under Windows Mod Edit Merged posts - Hamluis

A:Connection Issues with ethernet cable

Is your wireless working?  I had the same thing happen to me regarding ethernet, I thought hardware, took it to my local business-oriented computer store.  Something closed down the ethernet card alright, they ran some anti-malware, anti-bloatware, etc. -- got desktop back w/hard-wire & wireless intact.  Actually, I added wireless right on the spot, now, if one goes down, the other probably will stay running.  Be forewarned, if you run Combofix, JRT, RKill, and other things of that nature -- there may be a price in other areas of functionality.  Finally, I simply rolled back to a month-old C-partition backup via Acronis True Image -- and everything was working fine.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/569553/connection-issues-with-ethernet-cable/
Relevancy 69.66%

hi dell.
I have a Dell Inspiron 3543 laptop..it started  wifi connection after a few minutes work. The laptop suddenly  stuck. After off the laptop might connect for a few minutes and then stuck again.
I install drivers online no  problem drivers.
before use windows 8.1. now windows 10. but stuck again to again. how to repair

A:RE: My Dell Inspiron 3543 keeps losing WiFi connection

Hi,
Thank you for writing to us!
Since you have installed the drivers , was it from the Dell support site and the latest one available.
You can also try the following steps:
Enter Command to Fix No Wi-Fi in Windows 10
Important: Follow the steps below carefully. Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Before you modify it, back up the registry for restoration in case problems occur.
You can use command to fix this no wireless issue after Windows 10 install if it?s triggered by VPN software.
Step 1. Right click the Start button and select ?Command Prompt (Admin)? from the menu. This can launch Command Prompt as Admin.
Step 2. Type the following command and hit the Enter key:
reg delete HKCR\CLSID\{988248f3-a1ad-49bf-9170-676cbbc36ba3} /va /f
Step 3. Enter the command below into the Command Prompt and press Enter key once more:
netcfg -v -u dni_dne
Step 4. Restart the computer and check back with your Wi-Fi settings. You now should see a revived list of all the available networks within range.
Note: If you have the Cisco VPN client, Sonic Global client or other VPN software running on your computer and you are planning to upgrade to Windows 10, uninstall the VPN before proceeding.
Kindly let us know if the issue is fixed.
Thanks
Robin

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4997/t/19679332
Relevancy 69.23%

I currently have my cable modem connected to my computer via a USB cable and ports. Would there be any improvement in data flow performance if I instead used an ethernet cable and ports which I also have?

Thanks muchos!!

Relevancy 69.23%

Hi,

There's home wireless connection that my laptop won't connect to on its own. This wireless connects after the laptop has been connected to the router via the Ethernet cable, and stays connected with the cable unplugged until it drops (it's normal for my connection to drop sometimes), and then won't reconnect by itself again.

My wireless has wpa2-psk. OS is Vista.

Thank you.

A:Wireless only connects after Ethernet cable connection

Hey Sammy2. I assume your machine connected before with no connection issues.
Which Vista are you using,32 or 64 bit, and what Service Pack level is it on?
Do you have and use a good Anti-Virus/Anti-Malware cleaner?
When you lose your connection, is the Internet and wireless l.e.d.'s on the router still on?
Are there any other pc's that connect to this network?
When you state it won't connect again automatically, what do you do to get an Internet connection again?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-only-connects-after-ethernet-cable-connection.197616/
Relevancy 69.23%

doing a repair on win 8 pc. from win 8 screen I click on IE icon. IE opens with
address bar on bottom. and connects. networking shows cable connected. would like to change this back to traditional view . IN addition , when I open the desktop view from the win 8 screen and open IE . I get the mess. pg can't be displayed . no connection ? definitely confused

A:pc see's ethernet cable no connection in desktop view

Not really following you. Are you having issues with IE in the Metro/Start screen, or in the Desktop mode?

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/54836-pc-sees-ethernet-cable-no-connection-desktop-view.html
Relevancy 69.23%

hi, here's my situation:

i used my laptop since morning 10am and in the afternoon i fell asleep beside it, meant to leave it's power on so it could finish my downloads but when i woke up at 3pm, the lan connection was disconnected. the wifi connection works, and it is what im using now, although i want to fix this problem since my laptop tends to disconnect from the wifi if heated up too much

i tried the following

adjusting and reconnecting the ethernet cable
switching cat5e cables to a previously working one
troubleshooting
restarting laptop
enabling and disabling the network adapter
checked if the drivers are up to date
switched and used a cable that was working for the desktop
connected the laptop directly to the modem(surprisingly, the modem detected that there was a port it was connected to)
system restore

help is very much appreciated

A:Ethernet cable connection not detected by laptop

with the PC connected by cable only - can we see an ipconfig /all and a device manager screen shot

Device Manager
Post back the results in device manager
You will now need to take a screen shot and copy that back to the working PC.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the screen shot and attach the screen shot in a reply on the forum here.

how to access device manager for different windows versions
http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000833.htm

Hold the Windows key and press Pause key, should open to allow device manager to be seen, menu on the left hand side

on a laptop you may need to use Hold the Windows key and press FN key + the pause key

if the above does not work then -

Windows 7 or Vista
Click on the Start Orb > In the Start Search box type > device manager and then press enter
or
Start > control Panel {Vista set to classic view}> system > {Vista, device manager on left hand side} {XP hardware Tab, device manager button} >
start > control panel> System and Security> Device Manager

Windows 8
If you happen to be using a keyboard with Windows 8, the quickest way to open Device Manager is via its shortcut on the Power User Menu, accessible by pressing the WINDOW and the X keys together.
If on a touch screen - have a read here http://pcsupport.about.com/od/windows-8/a/device-manager-windows-8.htm

once you are in device manager then

network adaptors, click on the + > post back the devices listed there
are there any ! ? or X

post a screen shot of the device manager - network adapters

To post a screen shot of the active window.
1) hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
OR
2) if you are using Vista/Windows 7 you can use the "snipping tool" which is found in Start> All programs> Accessories> Snipping Tool

To upload the screen shot to the forum, open the full reply window ("Go Advanced" button) and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.
----
Full details are available here http://library.techguy.org/wiki/TSG_Posting_a_Screenshot

ipconfig /all
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

We would like to see the results from an ipconfig /all - post back the results in a reply here.

This should also work for windows 8
Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box
(A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results into notepad and then automatically open the notepad and display on your screen.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results into a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will now be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy

Now go back to the forum - goto the reply and then right click in the reply box and paste the results.
The results from the notepad should now appear in the forum reply.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ethernet-cable-connection-not-detected-by-laptop.1076674/
Relevancy 69.23%

Hello I was hoping someone longer up cable. PC no connection ethernet via picking could PC no longer picking up connection via ethernet cable. help me I really don t know what to do For other three years me and my brother have both been connected to our router via ethernet cables On this PC no longer picking up connection via ethernet cable. Tuesday just gone however my brother took it upon himself to mess with the router whilst I was out Apparently his internet had been down since we d had a power-cut on the Sunday My internet was fine and always has been and was fully functional after said power-cut and before then it d been going really slow and sometimes cutting out Okay no problem Now the the thing is that morning I was on my internet all happy and when I returned home that evening my PC wouldn t connect My PC still refuses to connect three days on It s not even picking up that there s something plugged in When I run the troubleshooter it says there isn t a problem and tells me to seek help online but then you go on to - Network and Sharing Center - Change Adapter Settings it says there is a Network cable unplugged The thing I find odd is that the router is actually flashing to say that my PC is plugged in and connected to the router I know that there is nothing wrong with the modem or what have you as I linked my laptop up to my PC via a cable earlier today to try and get it online It s not a virus program problem either Like I said it was working Tuesday morning nine hours later I come home my brother restarted unplugged the router and now my PC won t connect I should also note that he s now had to go wireless via a dongle and everyone else in the house uses wireless laptops I can t connect my PC to the internet with a dongle as I m three floors up so I really hope someone can help me Also Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Windows system gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name PY Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description NVIDIA nForce Mbps Ethernet Physical Address - - - -BF-D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap F - - - E - AFA E Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Windows system gt I ve seen people asking for this on other forums and thought I d throw it out there now to see if it helps Thank you for your time nbsp

A:PC no longer picking up connection via ethernet cable.

so the router is working OK for everyone else using wireless from that router - is that correct

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-no-longer-picking-up-connection-via-ethernet-cable.982752/
Relevancy 69.23%

my desktop has windows xp
and my laptop has windows vista
i have a crossover cable

i want to connect this 2 pcs so i can share files....(basically i want to copy my 80GB HDD contents to my laptop)

which pc do i setup as the main pc?? i haven't used vista that much....so very unsure...

how do i configure each???

please some one help!

A:Ethernet wired connection using crossover cable

Start-->Run--> NetSetup

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ethernet-wired-connection-using-crossover-cable.112503/
Relevancy 69.23%

Ok yall, new issue. I am finishing up on the network that I have been working on for weeks. I am on the last computer for the business. I have been going through and taking out all the programs that are not suppose to be there. Now my problem is, ever since I started on the last computer, the broadband connection to the computer is being sent through the dial up and vpn section of the network. keeps jumping back and forth from connected to not connected and I have uninstalled the nvidia 10/100 mbps ethernet controller and it still is doing the same thing. If anyone has an idea what is going help out please.

A:Computer, and Ethernet Cable (broadband Connection)

I have done a complete clean on the system and still have not been able to fix the problem with the Ethernet port. Cleaned all the disk drives and fragmented all the drives and again still have nothing. The system thinks that the broadband connection is running through a wan dialup port

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-and-ethernet-cable-broadband-connection.1143933/