Windows Support Forum

BFG 7600GT 256 MB Fan Speed constantly high. won't slow / quiet down even when idling

Q: BFG 7600GT 256 MB Fan Speed constantly high. won't slow / quiet down even when idling

I bought a BFG 7600GT and ever since the fan hasn't stopped working on automatic fan control, even when I'm just idling my computer. It stays at a constant 50-52 degrees celcius, and the fan keeps spinning hard.
When I manually slow down the fan with direct fan control in ntune, the temperature goes to about 54 degrees celcius.

i am running Windows XP. please help

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: BFG 7600GT 256 MB Fan Speed constantly high. won't slow / quiet down even when idling

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: BFG 7600GT 256 MB Fan Speed constantly high. won't slow / quiet down even when idling

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bfg-7600gt-256-mb-fan-speed-constantly-high-wont-slow-quiet-down-even-when-idling.570750/
Relevancy 90.73%

A few days ago I installed a new XFX GT XXX using the most recent constantly running 7600GT fan full speed at Nvidia driver I had downloaded from Nvidia The card works fine but the fan starts up at full speed as soon as the computer is turned on and doesn t stop until the computer is turned off I ve uninstalled the driver and installed the previous version of the driver on Nvidia s website Nvidia 7600GT fan constantly running at full speed I disabled all programs running in the background while installing the new drivers and I ve read all of the driver installation tips on Nvidia Nvidia 7600GT fan constantly running at full speed s website Everything continues to work fine it s a great card but the Nvidia 7600GT fan constantly running at full speed fan doesn t stop and that ain t right I opened a support request ticket with XFX and am waiting to hear back three days now still waiting I imagine they are hell of a busy with all the cards they sell and all the myriad issues that come up Does this sound like a defective card Defective driver Anyone ever had this problem I don t know anything about how the temp sensor works or where it is but maybe it s a defective sensor that tells the fan the card is hot as soon as the computer is turned on My system is stable no other problems Thanks Mike Dell Pentium D XP Home MB memory Dell W PSU nbsp

A:Nvidia 7600GT fan constantly running at full speed

Well, on a card like that, it's probably a good thing to have the fan run all the time. Your machine probably just runs warmer than normal. I wouldn't really worry about it. I purposely set my fan to run all the time since it's a good idea to keep any system as cool as possible.

Check the temps of the card that are reported in nVidia's control panel, and post the results here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nvidia-7600gt-fan-constantly-running-at-full-speed.522141/
Relevancy 73.1%

Recently, I reinstalled my Netgear wna3100 driver. Ever since then, I've been experiencing problems with high pings in games where I normally never had problems with. Pages load slowly even just the home page of Google.

I've attached my ipconfig picture. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

A:High download speed and signal, high ping in games, slow page loads

To Disable Selective Suspend:

open the control panel
go to power options (you may have to set view to small icons)
click change plan settings
in the window that opens:
click change plan settings
click change advanced power settings, expand usb and ensure usb selective suspend is disabled.

I would also (while the device is plugged in)
go into the control panel - system - device manager - click the properties for it and make sure it's set to always on there as well.
I don't think the ipconfig can tell us much here since it's a data rate problem of some sort and not a actual connection problem from the sound of it.

The two things I mention above will hopefully keep your system from putting the device in 'low power mode' which may , or may not help your current problem.

I'm also curious if your system has recently slowed down in any other ways?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/217518-high-download-speed-signal-high-ping-games-slow-page-loads.html
Relevancy 72.24%

Hello, I just got this x360 Spectre i7 15.6" laptop and I love it, except for the speed at which things load on the browsers. I have high speed internet and ran a speed test and the speed is as it should. I've tried multiple browsers, and even though I have a very strong connection to my high speed internet, it takes forever to open up even a single website. I regularly wait anywhere from 5 to 10 minutes for the site to load. I just got this computer so haven't even saved any files or installed any programs onto it besides anti virus software. How can I resolve this very slow loading time? I'd hate to have to return this computer, but cannot stand to have to deal with these frustrations with a computer I paid $1300 for!! Please help! Katy

A:HP Spectre x360 - Slow browsing speed even with high speed i...

Hi @khealy23,Welcome to the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. I understand you are having an issue with slow download from internet. I will be glad to help you.Please post the full product number and operating system in use on your computer. See the following, if you need help with that information.How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?Is the Windows Version on My Computer 32-bit or 64-bit? Are you Wireless connected or Ethernet wired conneted? Please get back to me and I will help you

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/HP-Spectre-x360-Slow-browsing-speed-even-with-high-speed/td-p/5557610
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi I have this very annoying problem [SOLVED] speed Upload slow High Very Very Download speed, and I'm really out of hopes I don't know what to do anymore I'll make a summary of [SOLVED] Very slow Download speed, Very High Upload speed the problem and will be as concise as possible So I have this Dell Inspiron N laptop with a broadband connection direct cable no router and weeks ago I reinstalled my Windows Everything went well until weeks ago when the internet speed went down dial-up like Pages won't load and if they do they load just partially I called my ISP and they said they had no problem I couldn't find any solution so I thought maybe some sort of virus or spyware is doing this so I formated the whole hard-disk and did a clean install of Windows Unfortunatelly nothing changed the download speed is the same Here is a speedtest net evaluation http www speedtest net result png Drivers are up to date no windows firewall no antivirus and no windows update The ISP support guy told me to deactivate IPv and IPv from Local Area Connection but nothing changed I did a TCP IP reset which raised my down speed to almost Mb but after a few minutes it went back to quot dial-up quot With the down speed being the same Speedtest sometimes shows me upload speed in between - Mb which is unbelievable I will make a ss next time I see this And the very weird thing is that I have another netbook pretty weak config Intel Atom CPU GB RAM and with the same cable it has normal speed the kind of speed I had on this Dell too Another weird thing is that the wireless connections work just fine and I've been to a friend of mine and used his broadband cable and it worked like a charm I would be very gratefull if someone could help me because I am really out of ideas and I used to consider myself an at least intermediate PC user Nou I'm feeling like a newbie Thank you Regards Alex

A:[SOLVED] Very slow Download speed, Very High Upload speed

Hi, and welcome to TSF.

Lets first try this:

Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
Now click on Network and Internet and in this window click Internet options.
Now click on the connections tab and select the button to never dial a connection.
Now click Apply and click OK.

Try if this works

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-very-slow-download-speed-very-high-upload-speed-673369.html
Relevancy 71.81%

Everything Opens up very slow web pages etc I have XP sp It's an HP Pavillion I'd greatly appreciate it if someone could Speed High Computer? Slow Internet, Speed examine my quot HijackThis quot file log below and tell me why is causing my computer to run slow as molassis Thank you so much and I'm looking forward to hearing from someone real soon Berzerker Logfile of High Speed Internet, Slow Speed Computer? Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C High Speed Internet, Slow Speed Computer? WINDOWS System svchost exe c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C Program Files Comodo common CAVASpy cavasm exe c Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C Program Files Comodo Comodo AntiVirus cavse exe C Program Files Comodo Comodo AntiVirus cavse exe C Program Files ThreatFire TFService exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C windows system hpsysdrv exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging Unload hpqcmon exe C WINDOWS System hphmon exe C WINDOWS LTMSG exe C Program Files ThreatFire TFTray exe C Program Files Comodo Comodo AntiVirus CMain exe C WINDOWS ALCXMNTR EXE C Program Files Comodo Comodo AntiVirus Cavaud exe C WINDOWS System rundll exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files interMute SpamSubtract SpamSub exe C WINDOWS System wuauclt exe C Program Files AIM aolsoftware exe C PROGRA MYWEBS bar bin mwsoemon exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C Program Files Comodo Comodo AntiVirus cavemsrv exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Documents and Settings Owner Desktop HiJackThis exe C WINDOWS System wbem wmiprvse exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http us hpwis com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http srch-us hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http us hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http srch-us hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http srch-us hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http us hpwis com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localhost O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO mwsBar BHO - B EA -A - -B BB- DE CCA - C Program Files MyWebSearch bar bin MWSBAR DLL O - BHO no name - B CA - A - D -A DF- BB - no file O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - c Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - BHO no name - FDD B - D - ffb- - B AD ACC - no file O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar HP View - B E - D D- DEB- B - D BCF F - c Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpdtlk dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - c Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run hpsysdrv c windows system hpsysdrv exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS System hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run CamMonitor c Prog... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/high-speed-internet-slow-speed-computer-189738.html
Relevancy 70.52%

hi,

My motherboard has a usb 2.0 in it and when I put my thumbstick into it this ballon comes up saying High speed USB plugged into Slow speed usb hub how can I fix this?

Relevancy 68.8%

Tech Team - My computer started running incredibly slow on some webpages where ads are loading on the sides of the screen - concerning as these same sites did not have this issue in past months I ve noticed that the processes services exe are constantly at a high cpu and also iexplore exe as well even if not doing anything on the computer IExplorer is open though I ve followed some of the threads and cpu high services.exe iexplore.exe slow constantly, had no success Your thoughts are greatly appreciated I m using Windows XP Version Service Pack I ran CC Cleaner and attached the startup information below as this helped a prior user This is such a frustrating thing as this computer used to fly No HKCU Run ctfmon C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe Yes HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe Yes HKCU Run MSCRMStartup quot C Program Files Microsoft Dynamics CRM Client res Web bin Microsoft Crm Application Hoster exe quot No HKCU Run netsession win C Documents and Settings djakubow Local Settings Application Data Akamai netsession win exe No HKCU Run Polycom Telepresence m c program files polycom polycom telepresence m Polycom Telepresence m exe Yes HKLM Run AClntUsr C Altiris AClient AClntUsr EXE No HKLM Run Adobe ARM quot C Program Files Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe quot Yes HKLM Run Apoint C Program Files DellTPad Apoint exe No HKLM Run APSDaemon quot C Program Files Common Files Apple Apple Application Support APSDaemon exe quot Yes HKLM Run DLCQCATS rundll C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X DLCQtime dll email protected No HKLM Run dlcqmon quot C Program Files Dell Photo AIO Printer dlcqmon exe quot No HKLM Run iaanotif C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager iaanotif exe No HKLM Run ImageBuild C BGInfo bginfo exe timer iC BGInfo ImageBuild bgi No HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot No HKLM Run services.exe high cpu constantly, slow iexplore.exe memcard quot C Program Files Dell Photo AIO Printer memcard exe quot Yes HKLM Run ProxyClient quot C Program Files Blue Coat ProxyClient ProxyClientUI exe quot No HKLM Run QPMEnroll C WINDOWS system QPMEnroll exe No HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime No HKLM Run Reader sl quot C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot No HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe quot No HKLM Run WLTRAY C WINDOWS system WLTRAY exe No Startup Common Bluetooth lnk C PROGRA WIDCOMM BLUETO BTTray exe No Startup Common Windows Search services.exe high cpu constantly, slow iexplore.exe lnk C PROGRA WINDOW WINDOW EXE startup Thanks DJ nbsp

A:services.exe high cpu constantly, slow iexplore.exe

If you follow the advice in the sticky at the top of the forum, you get better help, without us having to repeat the instructions after you have been waiting & slow it down even more

follow advice here and post the logs those programs make

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/services-exe-high-cpu-constantly-slow-iexplore-exe.1034954/
Relevancy 68.8%

Hi this if my first post so please forgive me if I leave out any important details I just came across this site after trying to figure out what was wrong with my girlfriend s computer It s a Dell Inspiron laptop, usage high slow constantly CPU running on Vista and she has had it for about a year and a half now However slow laptop, constantly high CPU usage soon after she got it she has had trouble with it being extremely slow on startup and while running normally CPU usage when doing absolutely nothing can range anywhere from - and when actually doing stuff it ll hit Currntly physical memory is MB total MB cached and MB free There are currently processes running for all users which strikes me as a bit high I read some forums a few months ago and thought that perhaps the McAfee that came pre-installed was the problem so I uninstalled that an installed AVG Free edition instead - which I think helped slightly but it still feels extremely slow I downloaded HiJackThis tonight and gave it a run after reading about it on some other sites and so I m attaching the log I know there are some worms Trojans among these but I m not sure exactly which ones I should remove and how I should go about removing it I read the guide for HiJackThis and it said to post on one of these forums if I had no clue I was doing so here I am If there s any other information I can provide that would be helpful please let me know and thanks for your help in advance nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-laptop-constantly-high-cpu-usage.831324/
Relevancy 67.94%

Hi came home the other night to find babysitter had been watching Orange Is The New Black via a free tv website and not used BBC iplayer or OD catch-up as suggested Since then computer very slow to start-up hangs occasionally when at desktop and fan once startup, speed very high slow processing slow and to started, fan speed very fast for no very slow to startup, once started, high fan speed and slow processing obvious reason I'm running Windows Home basic on a Dell with Gb RAM and have had Comodo Internet Security Premium free running smoothly for about a year I've checked the Task Manager and nothing unexpected is running I've performed a full scan with Comodo AV and Malwarebytes but nothing has been found Please find my DDS log below Any help much appreciated DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer Run by Owner at on - - Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT AV COMODO Antivirus Disabled Updated B CC D -B -E DC- -DD BCDC C SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP COMODO Antivirus Disabled Updated C D - D-EE - A -E A FW COMODO Firewall Enabled F F -FE -E - B C- A E FB Running Processes C Windows system lsm exeC Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunchC Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSSC Program Files COMODO COMODO Internet Security cmdagent exeC Windows system svchost exe very slow to startup, once started, high fan speed and slow processing -k NetworkServiceC Windows system atiesrxx exeC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestrictedC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestrictedC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceC Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcsC Windows System DriverStore FileRepository stwrt inf amd neutral cbec a d cf STacSV exeC Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroupC Program Files Sandboxie SbieSvc exeC Windows system atieclxx exeC Windows system WLANExt exeC Windows System spoolsv exeC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetworkC Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM armsvc exeC Windows System DriverStore FileRepository stwrt inf amd neutral cbec a d cf AESTSr exeC Windows system taskhost exeC Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Windows system Dwm exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC Program Files Intel WiFi bin EvtEng exeC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonationC Program Files x STMicroelectronics Accelerometer InstallFilterService exeC Program Files IIS Microsoft Web Deploy MsDepSvc exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeC Program Files x STMicroelectronics Accelerometer FF Protection exeC Program Files COMODO COMODO Internet Security CisTray exec Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL SQLEXPRESS MSSQL Binn sqlservr exeC Program Files Common Files Intel WirelessCommon RegSrvc exeC Program Files x Dell DataSafe Local Backup sftservice EXEc Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exeC Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvcC Program Files x TeamViewer Version TeamViewer Service exeC Windows system wbem unsecapp exeC Windows system wbem wmiprvse exeC Windows system SearchIndexer exeC Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestrictedC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPHelper exeC Program Files COMODO COMODO Internet Security cis exeC Program Files COMODO COMODO Internet Security cavwp exeC Windows system svchost exe -k SDRSVCC Windows explorer exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Windows System svchost exe -k swprvC Program Files COMODO COMODO Internet Security cis exeC Windows system wbem wmiprvse exeC Windows System cscript exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page about blankBHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office GrooveShellExtensions dllBHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dllBHO Windows Live Messenger Companion Helper FDDE B- ... Read more

A:very slow to startup, once started, high fan speed and slow processing

Greetings whattodo2 and to BleepingComputer's Virus/Trojan/Spyware/Malware Removal forum.My name is Oh My! and I am here to help you! Now that we are "friends" please call me Gary.If you would allow me to call you by your first name I would prefer to do that. ===================================================Ground Rules:First, I would like to inform you that most of us here at Bleeping Computer offer our expert assistance out of the goodness of our hearts. Please try to match our commitment to you with your patience toward us. If this was easy we would never have met. Please do not run any tools or take any steps other than those I will provide for you while we work on your computer together. I need to be certain about the state of your computer in order to provide appropriate and effective steps for you to take. Most often "well intentioned" (and usually panic driven!) independent efforts can make things much worse for both of us. If at any point you would prefer to take your own steps please let me know, I will not be offended. I would be happy to focus on the many others who are waiting in line for assistance.Please perform all steps in the order they are listed in each set of instructions. Some steps may be a bit complicated. If things are not clear, be sure to stop and let me know. We need to work on this together with confidence.Please copy and paste all logs into your post unless directed otherwise. Please do not re-run any programs I suggest. If you encounter problems simply stop and tell me.When you post your reply, use the button instead.In the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see the button. Click on this then choose Immediate E-Mail notification and then Proceed and you will be sent an email once I have posted a response.If you do not reply to your topic after 5 days we assume it has been abandoned and I will close it.When your computer is clean I will alert you of such. I will also provide for you detailed information about how you can combat future infections.I would like to remind you to make no further changes to your computer unless I direct you to do so.Now let's get started ===================================================Now that I am assisting you, you can expect that I will be very responsive to your situation. If you are able, I would request you check this thread at least once per day so that we can try to resolve your issues effectively and efficiently. If you are going to be delayed please be considerate and post that information so that I know you are still with me. Unfortunately, there are many people waiting to be assisted and not enough of us at BleepingComputer to go around. I appreciate your understanding and diligence.Thank you for your patience thus far. While I review our situation please run the below for me.===================================================Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST)--------------------Download Farbar Recover Scan Tool for either 32 bit or 64 bit systems and save it to your desktop <<< ImportantIf you are unsure if you have 32 bit or 64 bit simply download and try one. If that doesn't run properly the other one shouldDouble click the iconClick Yes to the disclaimerMake sure the Addition.txt box is checkedClick Scan and allow the program to runClick OK on the Scan complete screen, then OK on the Addition.txt pop up screen2 Notepad documents should now be open on your desktop.Please copy and paste the contents of both in your reply===================================================System Summary Information--------------------Press the windows key + r on your keyboard at the same timeType msinfo32 and press EnterLeft click on System SummaryClick File, Save, and name the file SummaryZip and attach the file to your reply===================================================Things I would like to see in your next reply. Please be sure to copy and paste any requested log information unless you are asked to attach it. FRST resultsAddition logSyst... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/544886/very-slow-to-startup-once-started-high-fan-speed-and-slow-processing/
Relevancy 67.08%

Hi all.

Not sure what is up here but we are having considerable problems with the internet.
Sometimes it will be fine although only getting a download speed of 3mbps and upload speed of 0.8mbps.
Other times it will take an age to open a google page and then just stop working altogether.
Sometimes turning off the router and waiting a minute or so will get us back to 3mbps but it doesn't always last. Everytime we turn laptop on we have to reset the router again.  It as though there is too much going through it and it jamming up all the time. Is this possible or am I infected with something?

Operating system is      Windows 7.
Service provider / router       Talk Talk  5258c4
Laptop      HP

Many thanks for any help.
Paul

A:Slow download speed and router constantly jamming up.

Hi,

Have you tried using the TalkTalk Service Centre to see if there are any problems with your line or router?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/519212/slow-download-speed-and-router-constantly-jamming-up/
Relevancy 66.65%

Hi there in the past week I've started to notice my laptop behave more sluggishly and become quite slow when it would have otherwise handled the amount of applications open etc without any problems Scans high Laptop run running CPU Usage AT ,frequently starting slow&constantly at 100% to with antiviruses over the past few weeks have flagged up removed so called viruses trojans so I'm not sure whether this may have lead to my laptop suddenly becoming quite slow Please help Below is the DDS scan result and attached are the Laptop starting to run slow&constantly running at high CPU Usage ,frequently AT 100% other logs requested DDS Ver - - - NTFSAMD Internet Laptop starting to run slow&constantly running at high CPU Usage ,frequently AT 100% Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by JKGill at on - - Microsoft Windows Home Premium Laptop starting to run slow&constantly running at high CPU Usage ,frequently AT 100% GMT AV Microsoft Security Essentials Enabled Updated DAC -C - B -BB - DA AV McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware Enabled Updated - - EA -ABB - B EB SP Microsoft Security Essentials Enabled Updated ABEC DA -E C- F - B -AA E D BDD SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware Enabled Updated D B - E- - - C A FW McAfee Firewall Enabled BE ED - A B- FFF- EC-B C Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Program Files Microsoft Security Client Antimalware MsMpEng exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Program Files Dell DellDock DockLogin exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows System spoolsv exe C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM armsvc exe C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA AERTSr exe C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Windows system dlcccoms exe C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Program Files Common Files McAfee McSvcHost McSvHost exe C Windows system mfevtps exe C Windows SysWOW rpcnet exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system rundll exe C Windows SysWOW rundll exe C Program Files Common Files McAfee SystemCore mcshield exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Program Files Common Files McAfee SystemCore mfefire exe C Program Files Microsoft Security Client Antimalware NisSrv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows system WUDFHost exe C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVCpl exe C Program Files DellTPad Apoint exe C Program Files Dell QuickSet quickset exe C Program Files Microsoft Security Client msseces exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files DellTPad ApMsgFwd exe C Program Files DellTPad Apntex exe C Program Files DellTPad HidFind exe C Windows system conhost exe C Program Files x Dell Photo AIO Printer dlccmon exe C Windows System igfxtray exe C Windows System hkcmd exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Program Files x Samsung Kies KiesTrayAgent exe C ProgramData GameXN GameXNGO exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Program Files x Intel Intel R Rapid Storage Technology IAStorIcon exe C Program Files x Dell Webcam Dell Webcam Central WebcamDell exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files x DivX DivX Update DivXUpdate exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files x Intel Intel R Rapid Storage Technology IAStorDataMgrSvc exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Windo... Read more

A:Laptop starting to run slow&constantly running at high CPU Usage ,frequently AT 100%

Also just to let you know, when I opened gmer , all of the top boxes were greyed out from system to libraries. so I performed the scan like this

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/laptop-starting-to-run-slow-and-constantly-running-at-high-cpu-usage-frequently-at-100-a-602480.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi all,
I have windows 7 home premium and internet explorer 9 installed with norton antivirus protection.

My problem.

Since about a week ago i have been suffering from wireless drop out and extremely slow internet in my bedroom via wireless where it used to be good. I tried to update my malbytes earlier and it was still on 0% downloaded after 5 mins before connection cut.
I am writing this in the study where the router is based just to be able to load pages and have a better change of less dropping which it still doing next to the router!

Any ideas guys as this come along all of a sudden and i cant find anything.

Many Thanks

Paul

A:Constantly slow internet speed and dropping of wireless connection.

Hi please close thread as it turned out to be the router at fault and now everything is fine again.

Thank you

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/404902/constantly-slow-internet-speed-and-dropping-of-wireless-connection/
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi I built the following trying to be detailed as I can intel q ghz quad core dg tl motherboard seagate hard drive gb Kingston hyperX x gb ram pc nvidia gt ultra generic tv tuner never used apevia explorer case watt power supply sony blu ray rom drive bdu-x s cd dvd burner tsstcorp SH-s hardware slow speed high end f with vista bit home premium It was built a year ago very fast and what not However I added a tb seagate internal sata drive and x gb hyperX memory same as before not totaling gb high end hardware slow speed The boot up is really slow it takes over two minutes before it booted in the area of a half of a minute further more if i play a high end hardware slow speed video non hd just a regular clip from a camcorder or itunes video and open the internet explorer and browse the video skips I am not sure as to why this is happening I have not changed any of hte boot settings the bios says it boots in raid but the drives are not set up in raid Not sure if its supposed to ide or achi Any advice is greately appreciated Thank you nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/high-end-hardware-slow-speed.832428/
Relevancy 65.36%

I bought a router and I connected:
PC Windows 7 32bit (fast browsing fast downloading)
iPhone (fast browsing)
Laptop Windows 7 64bit (slow browsing but fast downloading)

How to make browsing fast in Laptop. It's very very slow.

A:slow browsing but high download speed !!!!

Are you running a torrent application that is seeding torrents? If so set your maximum upload rate to about 75%-80% of your total upload speed. More information is needed to furthur assist you. What browser, what router, Internet speed, Apps installed, firewall, Antivirus, blah, blah, blah. This is a really hard problem to diagnose with the information you provided.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/106840-slow-browsing-but-high-download-speed.html
Relevancy 64.5%

About a year and a half ago I installed a gateway wireless broadband router to my fathers computer located in the downstairs living room This computer has cable high speed internet I also connected a gateway usb wireless adapter to my computer located upstairs When I first installed it I had high speed internet You could barely tell it was wireless But these past couple of Slow high wireless speed after previous internet months my internet has been very very slow The connection cuts in and out and sometimes it wont connect at all I have tried almost everything I scanned and cleaned my computer with ad-aware spyware doctor registry mechanic Hijack this bullguard I also Slow wireless internet after previous high speed scanned it with trojan hunter and nothing apeared except under file scan it said Error Directory not found C Documents and settings all users Start Menu Programs Gateway USB-G Wireless After I read that I reinstalled the usb wireless adapter to my computer but still no change with my connection I also dowloaded winsock XP Fix but no change I don't know what to do I cant help but think im infected with a virus since the connection from the downstairs computer is so good If someone can help me please post

A:Slow wireless internet after previous high speed

I would be thinking one of two things,
1-malicious code (spyware, adware, worm,etc)
2-wireless interference.

for problem 1, please DL and run HiJackThis, and post a log int he proper forums.
for problem 2, please read the following,
on another note, why dont you try to plug in your computer directly to the router to see if your connection speeds up a bit. here is the wireless interference bit.....

Going wireless is an exciting milestone. Whether you're in the process of setting up your network or you've already been working happily without wires, you're probably familiar with Public Enemy Number One in the wireless world: interference.
If you've experienced interference, you know how annoying it can be: now you have a signal; now you don't. It's like hide-and-seek.without the fun. But wait! Don't throw your hands (or your laptop) in the air. We'll tell you how to determine what might be affecting your signal, and how to get back to being your old productive self.
What is it?
Think of a time when your favorite radio or television station wouldn't come in due to bad weather. When the storm passed, the signal became clear again. Similarly, because your wireless network relies on radio waves traveling through your home, your signal may waver for a variety of reasons. How will you know if you're experiencing interference in the first place? We'll help you identify and solve potential problems.
Check your signal
Thankfully, the client software that comes with almost all wireless network adapters can help you monitor your network's performance. With most systems, there will be a signal-strength meter in the Windows system tray (usually found in the bottom right corner of your screen).
In addition, the client software itself probably has a more in-depth system for testing signal strength. This feature is commonly called a link test function, although it may be called something else (depending on the manufacturer). Check your manual or the online help system, which usually measures:
Signal strength: Measured in decibels compared to one milliwatt (or dBm), the signal strength is sometimes referred to as signal level. The higher this number is, the better chance you have for a full-speed connection between your access point and your PC.
Noise level: Ideally, you want the noise level (also measured in dBm) to be as low as possible. Cordless phones and microwaves are common culprits for increasing the noise level.
Signal-to-noise ratio (SNR): This is the most telling of the numbers because it compares the strength of the signal with the noise that is interfering. SNR is measured in decibels (dB), and a higher number is good news.
Placing your access point
The location of your access point (AP) is key. With a little planning, you can avoid potential interference and save yourself time, money, and frustration.

Here are some pointers:
Pick a place near the center of your home.
Avoid mounting your AP on the wall. The best place is six or more inches from the wall.
Keep the AP out of the line of sight of microwaves, cordless phones, refrigerators, and other appliances that contain metal.
Your computer can cause interference, so try keeping the AP separate.
Avoid putting the AP low to the ground. Instead, keep it on a table or a shelf.
If your house is large, you may need two access points.
Troubleshooting tips
If your wireless network is all set up and you're experiencing interference, here are some ideas for improving the signal:
Move the access point. See the above section for pointers, and if all else fails, walk around with the AP while someone else monitors your signal strength.
Change channels. If you've got a neighbor with a wireless network, you may be operating on the same channel. You can change the channel in the software that came with your wireless access point.
Move the antenna. Not all antennas have the same range of coverage, so finding the best position is a matter of ... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/29596/slow-wireless-internet-after-previous-high-speed/
Relevancy 64.5%

I installed Windows on a new build about connection high Extremely browsers slow speed despite a month and a half ago I downloaded many programs during the first week but have not made many changes since I started noticing the problem in the last week or two My browser speeds are getting increasingly slow I use Firefox but tried iExplorer once the problem started The same issues exist one iE It s especially noticeable on various shopping sites that load a lot of Extremely slow browsers despite high connection speed small product pictures The images will be extremely slow to load or the site my say loading for minutes and never completely load Opening gmail is getting slower or won t load at all Things that would load in a second now take minutes or fail to load completely at all This Extremely slow browsers despite high connection speed was happening off and on I think but it is now a continuous problem I have run speed test several times but my connection speeds are consistently high I haven t had any connection issues with any online gaming The issue seems to be restricted to internet browsers I have another computer connected to the same network that loads the same pages extremely fast that this computer can t load in minutes now I didn t have any AV software or anti-spyware running when the problem began Extremely slow browsers despite high connection speed I have tried some programs after the fact AVG full scan came back clean Malwarebytes full scan detected and removed one trojan in a bit torrent P P download folder Threat Fire hasn t detected anything I appreciate any guidance

A:Extremely slow browsers despite high connection speed

Something I forgot to note. I have noticed that when it is slowest, closing tabs in Firefox is not instant. I have also noticed that switching to private browsing on Firefox can eliminate at times, but the problem still exists other times.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/468004/extremely-slow-browsers-despite-high-connection-speed/
Relevancy 64.5%

HI. I'VE HAD MY COMPUTER OVERHAULED A FEW MONTHS AGO. I NOW HAVE HIGH SPEED INTERNET. MY COMPUTER HAS BEEN WORKING FINE, UNTIL TONIGHT. IT IS GOING ONLINE AND OPENING WEB PAGES SUPER SLOW. I HAVE FULL VIRUS PROTECTION, SO I KNOW IT'S NOT THOSE. I HAVE DELETED ANY LARGE, UNUSED PROGRAMS. WHAT CAN I DO? THANKS.

A:Running Super Slow, Despite High Speed Internet

When you press CTRL+ALT+DEL how much memory usage us your computer using?

How much RAM do you have?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/running-super-slow-despite-high-speed-internet.630713/
Relevancy 64.5%

Did something get into my computer Defender didn't find anything Avira didn't find anything Trouble with slow downloads Linecheck for DSL shows good upload speed and slow download speed At times the CPU use is and above in the windows task manager Verizon DSL help desk Virus? Spyware? use/slow download CPU speed High said problem seems to be in computer because of CPU use Download DSL speed shows kbps Virus? Spyware? High CPU use/slow download speed instead of kbps which is line speed DDS DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Fred at on Fri Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV AntiVir Desktop On-access scanning enabled Updated AD - F - A-A -FDD C Running Processes C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop sched exe svchost exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avguard exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe C WINDOWS system PnkBstrA exe C WINDOWS system PnkBstrB exe C Program Files Common Files Seagate Schedule schedul exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMAgent exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files Seagate DiscWizard DiscWizardMonitor exe C Program Files Seagate DiscWizard TimounterMonitor exe C Program Files Common Files Seagate Schedule schedhlp exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avgnt exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX smax exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMax PNP exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Documents and Settings Fred Desktop dds com Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www drudgereport com BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dll BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll EB - a - b-a - c a a - No File uRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exe uRun MSMSGS quot c program files messenger msmsgs exe quot background mRun HP Software Update c program files hp hp software update HPWuSchd exe mRun DiscWizardMonitor exe c program files seagate discwizard DiscWizardMonitor exe mRun AcronisTimounterMonitor c program files seagate discwizard TimounterMonitor exe mRun Seagate Scheduler Service quot c program files common files seagate schedule schedhlp exe quot mRun Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot c program files adobe reader reader Reader sl exe quot mRun avgnt quot c program files avira antivir desktop avgnt exe quot min mRun Windows Defender quot c program files windows defender MSASCui exe quot -hide mRun SunJavaUpdateSched quot c program files java jre bin jusched exe quot mRun SoundMax quot c program files analog devices soundmax smax exe quot tray mRun SoundMAXPnP c program files analog devices soundmax SMax PNP exe mRun Adobe ARM quot c program files common files adobe arm AdobeARM exe quot dRunOnce RunNarrator Narrator exe StartupFolder c docume fred startm programs startup erunta lnk - c program files erunt AUTOBACK EXE DPF DirectAnimation Java Classes - file c windows java classes dajava cab DPF Microsoft XML Parser for Java - file c windows java classes xmldso cab DPF vzTCPConfig - hxxp www verizon net help dsl settings include vzTCPConfig CAB DPF B EF- C - CA-BFBA- A E - hxxps support microsoft com OAS ActiveX MSDcode cab DPF E F - B - D - - BD D - hxxp pcpitstop com betapit PCPitStop CAB DPF B -A CF- C - F- CFC A - hx... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/virus-spyware-high-cpu-use-slow-download-speed-447284.html
Relevancy 64.5%

OK so I ve been having trouble with my CPU overheating for a while and not actually bothered to do much about it I ve cleaned out the fan and that high Extremley temperature. CPU idling helped temporarily around an hour and then I had problems again I m using a Pentium ghz It s a prescott and I know that they do have heat problems but it s idling at - c The ambient temperature of the room is c I m not as concerned about the GPU temperature as I know my airflow is rather crap in the case and the only fan I have in there is for my CPU From what I Extremley high CPU idling temperature. can see the heatsink is on fine I was thinking about removing it and checking if the thermal paste Extremley high CPU idling temperature. had been applied properly I didn t actually install the heatsink but I m a little bit apprehensive about checking it out as I know you can damage the CPU fans So any ideas what the problem can be nbsp

A:Extremley high CPU idling temperature.

I am having similar problems with my CPU I am getting 55 degrees plus with a Zalman on!

The thing is you have to make sure you have applied the thermal paste properly and the fan is seated on properly.

That fan for the prescotts have to be on their tight! If your room temps @ 30 the only thing thats really gonna make a differnce is watercooling or an AC in the room frankly.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/extremley-high-cpu-idling-temperature.54986/
Relevancy 64.07%

Also, it goes to 93 load. I don't know whats wrong.

What should the temps actually be?

A:Should the 9800 GX2 be idling at 67 C with 85% fan speed?

Not familar with that card but seems to be running alittle hot

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/should-the-9800-gx2-be-idling-at-67-c-with-85-fan-speed.726670/
Relevancy 63.64%

hi im running windows home premium with gb of ram ghz on a presario CQ notebook i have high speed cable internet through roadrunner i have no viruses nothing at all running accept for the services that normallly run on this computer cpu usage is at zero and everything surfing cable with high speed internet slow Solved: runs fine that is untill i start surfing the internet im only getting mbps Solved: slow surfing with high speed cable internet or even lower at times when i should be getting mbps or more i have run multiple different speed tests through road runner and they basically all conclude that my download speed is mbps or lower sometimes reaching as low as mbps alot of times it will start out at mbps and then dramatically drop to almost nill my upload Solved: slow surfing with high speed cable internet however seems normal and never changes at i have another computer thats a dell with gbs of ram and a faster processor and im getting mbps fast does having a faster processesor and more ram make a difference while surfing the net i have an emachine with only gb of ram and windows xp and its faster then this new presario at surfing the net using this same line its really noticeable just flippin through pages or doing searches i can definitly see the lag i have also tried multiple browsers to see if that was the problem including chrome firefox opera still the same no matter what i do help nbsp

Relevancy 63.64%

i have recently gone from having 2mbps broadband to nearly 7mbps broadband but the web pages seem to take alot longer to load especially if they are new pages that i have not visited before. i was wondering what the reason for this could be?? i thought that if the internet connection was faster then webpages would load faster too. could it be something to do with IE7 although i had no problems with it when i had the slower connection. any help with this would be welcomed.

A:high speed internet connection slow website loading IE7

have u scanned 4 any viruses/spyware?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/high-speed-internet-connection-slow-website-loading-ie7-138025.html
Relevancy 63.64%

I idling, and up 70c to while very 95c idle high even when GPU temp gaming? ve had this computer for about a year now and for the past month or so it has been overheating and shutting off It is well ventilated and I even opened the case and pointed a fan right at it I have Speedfan and CPUID and my Gpu temp is about Celsius idle and - c when running a game I m not sure what specs to post so here s everything I can find Its a Gateway crappy I know but its what I have Intel core quad CPU Q GHz GHz GB ram Windows Vista bit edition Its a Nvidia Geforce GT which is apparently the same as Geforce GT What I ve done so far -Updated every driver that I could -Took apart the computer and cleaned out everything with compressed air and a q-tip including the baby fan that s attached to the video card -I ordered some thermal paste and will put that on when it gets here -Made sure it has max ventilation -Turned on the computer with it open to make sure that the fans were running which they were My power supply GPU temp very high even when idling, 70c idle and up to 95c while gaming? says the output is W max idk if this is good or bad or what Sorry for my ignorance about all things hardware Also my processor temps are fine they are all in the mid s if that helps at all I know this is kind of complicated but any help would be GREATLY appreciated Thanks in advance nbsp

A:GPU temp very high even when idling, 70c idle and up to 95c while gaming?

processer may need re seating but you can do that when you redo thermal paste, make sure you take all old paste off and buy a good one, whats room temp? this can effect it dramatically, check bios settings for fan speed and processor temp as much more acurate from bios, possible bios has re set and you are not using best options your motherboard has for controlling fan speed ( usually press delete button on start up to access bios) re psu, its very very weak for what you are running you should really have one double that capacity, 600w minimum at @80% effeciency but not cheap for sure, personnaly i would remove 4gb of the ram untill i had it sorted also

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gpu-temp-very-high-even-when-idling-70c-idle-and-up-to-95c-while-gaming.926066/
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi I m experiencing an extremely annoying issue with YouTube that s driving me nuts Any video I try to load from YouTube takes ages to load and stops to buffer constantly such that a minute university on very buffering speed slow/frequent YouTube high broadband video will take upwards of - minutes to load completely It doesn t matter if it s a crappy low-bitrate cell phone video or something in HD from youtube com shows Other sites work fine with no issues Hulu streams perfectly though I ve noticed that their -second ads will load slowly too YouTube very slow/frequent buffering on high speed university broadband I m living in the dorms at the University of Central Florida and I thought perhaps it was UCF s network which gets really slow at night but even at off-peak times when I can download something at megabytes sec YouTube remains slow YouTube very slow/frequent buffering on high speed university broadband as hell My roommate s Macbook plugged into the wall jack right above mine has no issues The laptop is a -week old HP Envy completely clean with the latest version definitions of ESET NOD While I don t think it s a malware issue I can post HJT logs if really necessary I read somewhere that the AV may be filtering traffic so I disabled NOD s web access protection which did nothing There are some protocol filtering settings in the advanced settings tree but from what I could tell they were disabled when I turned off web access protection In case it s needed Code Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium bit Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU M GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R Graphics Media Accelerator HD Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Hewlett-Packard KBC Version F PBMTA RHZB HM Antivirus ESET NOD Antivirus Updated and Enabled I don t have the slightest idea of what else could be causing it though the issue seems to be with my computer and not the network or YouTube itself Perhaps there s a QoS setting somewhere in Windows TCP IP configuration that was changed somehow I don t really know but any help would be greatly appreciated Edit Using latest version of Flash Player in three different browsers Chrome Firefox IE nbsp

A:YouTube very slow/frequent buffering on high speed university broadband

Do you have the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/youtube-very-slow-frequent-buffering-on-high-speed-university-broadband.949798/
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi there My computer has been running slow for few months high Computer for despite slow reason speed some having connection running a internet now despite having a high speed internet connection I have tried to fix it by having its set up changed It didn t fix the problem It was working Computer running slow despite having a high speed internet connection for some reason fine but one day it suddenly started running slow At first I thought Computer running slow despite having a high speed internet connection for some reason it must be a problem with the servers of my network provider but that wasn t the case I ve called the cable company Computer running slow despite having a high speed internet connection for some reason to check several times but they said other users were able to use internet in full speed without any problem I noticed the problem by trying to watch videos from various websites and after this problem occurred they started loading super super slowly It has gotten to a point that I can no longer watch TV shows movies and other videos The only video website that works is YouTube and even that doesn t function completely normally Only most YouTube videos work without getting stuck too much Another thing which I must mention is that quite often the internet cuts off in midst of browsing sessions and it doesn t reconnect without restarting the computer My computer is a Dell laptop pc with Intel core i processor I suspect that maybe my LAN card has worn out and it needs to be replaced Although I have been told by some computer technicians to not to do so But they weren t able to give me any solutions So here are my questions Should I get my LAN card changed If I should get my LAN card replaced what model do I need that s compatible with my device And if the problem is not with the LAN card then what is it and what s the solution Please help me out I need this problem fixed immediately I appreciate your help P S I ve attached a photo of the processor s logo just in case This is exactly the logo that s on my laptop nbsp

A:Computer running slow despite having a high speed internet connection for some reason

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-running-slow-despite-having-a-high-speed-internet-connection-for-some-reason.1144146/
Relevancy 61.49%

I have a laptop running XP home.I have plugged my new CD burner into the USB port and I am now getting the above message.I may be nuts,but I don't think I was getting this message 2 days ago when I first plugged the device in.
Device manager shows the followingno problems with devices)

USB root hub driver M/S 7/1/2001 V 5.1.2600.0
VIA rev5 or later USB universal host controller VIA technologies with same driver info

USB Mass storage device(cd burner)

Everything seems to be working fine.I am using the on board XP burning software with no problems.
If this is something that I can easily correct,I'd like to.

Have made no hardware or software changes after adding the burner.
Thanks for any info.

Relevancy 60.2%

I could use some help.

I just replaced my network card with a 1 Gb one containingan Intel chip. After doing this I get nosound from my speakers except a high pitch squeal.My USB headphones have the correct sound andno squeal.

I have replaced the speakers with an alternate set and getthe same results so it isn?t the speakers.

I have removed the new NIC and it made no difference in thespeaker issue.

I have a Gigabyte 970A-G46 main board.

Any ideas how to solve this will be greatly appreciated.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/389818-replaced-nic-speakers-quiet-high-pitch-squeal-while-usb-hphs-ok.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hey I Realtek? 8-Channel Definition Quiet High Very ALC887 Audio have the Logitech LS speakers I know they are cheap speakers When I first set them up I was actually very impressed with the volume and quality of Realtek? ALC887 8-Channel High Definition Audio Very Quiet the sound and bass Realtek? ALC887 8-Channel High Definition Audio Very Quiet It was enough to fill my modest sized room with loud clear sound and rich base when listening to music I had them connected to the audio jack on my ASUS M A L LE using the Realtek audio described in the title At some point I chose to reinstall Windows I installed and updated all the drivers etc and set the speakers up the same way as before Only this time the audio was around of the volume it was previously with volume up full In games it's barely audible at all unless I put my ear to one of the speakers I first tried using different Realtek drivers including the ones shipped with the motherboard the latest on the ASUS web site as well as the latest from Realtek's site All of these drivers yield the same results I also tried tweaking many settings in Windows and with Realtek's audio manager Nothing seems to raise the volume So I decided to test the speakers out without the Realtek audio Plugging the jack directly into my monitor and using an AMD HDMI Driver Surprisingly the speakers were now much much louder However without the use of the sound card the audio became quite distorted when the volume or base was raised And in general just wasn't as good quality I'd like to get back the loud clear sound and deep base I had originally but I do not know what else to try Any theories suggestions help or advise would be greatly appreciated

A:Realtek® ALC887 8-Channel High Definition Audio Very Quiet

What do you show in the Device Manager, for sound devices? You should only have two, the AMD HDMI and the RealTek. If you have the generic Windows installed HD Audio Codec, uninstall that, then restart the PC and see if that changes anything.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/300651-realtek-alc887-8-channel-high-definition-audio-very-quiet.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Okay I have an old quot server quot that is biting the dust Its only an gig ram Optiplex dektop I am using as a server super quiet capacity server. high a Suggestions cheap on that had mirrored TB drives in it I have reciently got into home theater stuff and now have WD TV Lives and I am LOVING it so much I just ripped all of my DVD s and Blu-Rays to put on my server shares so I am now basically serving all of them with this server and am almost hard media free in my house The problems I have is drive space this current optiplex will not run a tb drive in it as the bios is too old and the board does not support it On top of this my current s Suggestions on a cheap super quiet high capacity server. are at max limit and I have to delete shows i Suggestions on a cheap super quiet high capacity server. have not watched to put other shows on there is another hardware issue causing random reboots would like to incorporate a TV tuner card of some kind into this server which I do not have in my current system OS I will be running Windows of some flavor as I run a test domain in my house on my PCs What I am wondering is if anyone had some knowledge of some non super expensive rigs that would have a HIGH media capactiy redundancy to prevent data loss quiet enough to be in a home situation and NOT be like an airplane taking off and perhaps even had network redundancy built in as I had an issue with the Optiplex that made me have to add in another ethernet card after the fact I don t want to run a NAS and a server I just want an all in one solution Thanks for looking and feel free to provide solutions I am open to any suggestions except a build yourself rig as those have always been on the nosiy side no matter what kind of quot quiet run quot parts I have used in the past So in all to recap - quiet as possible redundant as possible both disks and network able to run a TV tuner card in the future and will run the latest Windows OSes for domain testing purposes Thanks for any suggestions you all may have nbsp

Relevancy 59.34%

I cannot get my sparkle 512MB 7600GT to work in SLI configuration with my EVGA 256MB 7600GT. It became a real problem when I updated supreme commander, it stopped being able to run at all. I have it setup in a dual monitor mode but the Nvidia driver confuration tool only recognizes one display, and yet it lets me use them both as 2 desktops etc.. WTF?

I went to Nvidia and downloaded the latest driver and now I can't play anything, I have a thousand dollar internet browser.

A:Issues, 7600GT 512MB and 7600gt 256MB, SLI

Try putting the card with the lesser VRAM, (the EVGA) into the primary PCI-E slot if it's not already there.

It is also my understanding that with SLI enabled it is not compatible with multiple monitor setups.

Click here for SLI FAQs that can give you more details.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/issues-7600gt-512mb-and-7600gt-256mb-sli.87357/
Relevancy 58.05%

Any way to speed up my extremely slow machine? Task Manager always has, for example, "System" at a high % of RAM, always in red zone, but I read online that that's okay, that it just means that what the system isn't working on is referred to as the RAM that isn't being used, but everything is so slow during every step of work, every little step is slow, resulting in too much frustration. If Task Manager has all the answers when it comes to where the RAM is going, is this high % of "System" process really okay? Any way to alleviate any issues? I already googled how to make the system faster which mainly resulted in my uninstalling a lot of unneeded programs but I still don't remember the computer being this slow before Windows 10, for example, even if that may be unrelated.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/any-way-to-speed-up-extremely-slow-machine-task-manager-system-high-of-ram-1046825.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Back before I re-installed Windows I would get this message whenever I plugged my Ipod in quot hi speed USB device attached to a non hi speed hub quot and synching would take an absolute age The funny thing though is that my PC is high speed USB capable I ignored it for ages until I recently re-installed Windows Voila my problem was solved and when I plugged in my Ipod all was good I got no message and synching was as fast as it should be Until now I just plugged my Android phone in and Windows said it couldn t find drivers hub" speed attached to "High device speed a non USB high for it so I set it to automatically find them which it "High speed USB device attached to a non high speed hub" did As soon as it registered my phone I got the dreaded quot hi speed USB device attached to a "High speed USB device attached to a non high speed hub" non hi speed hub quot Now when I plug my Ipod in I m getting that message again and synching has gone back to a snails pace I went back and changed the quot Automatically find drivers quot back to the default setting it was on but that has changed nothing What s up here and how do I fix it I m using the same USB port the whole time and my PC is clearly capable of utilizing high speed it just seems that plugging in my phone has done something to screw it all up Any help would be MUCH appreciated as it will save me running off to work in the morning without my new podcasts cause synching is too slow Operating system is Windows bit It doesn t seem to be a hardware problem so I ll hold off on listing all of my specs unless something thinks it s important Thanks nbsp

A:"High speed USB device attached to a non high speed hub"

Is this a custom build or a store bought PC? Have you tried updating the Chipset / USB drivers?

If that doesn't work try going to Device Manager and Uninstalling the USB drivers (Windows will automatically Re install)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/high-speed-usb-device-attached-to-a-non-high-speed-hub.1018818/
Relevancy 57.62%

Some days my XP is so slow to load websites that I have to restart my IP several times. Some days my IP loads just fine. Lately I have noticed that I have more problems in the afternoon. Could it be my high speed cable connection?

Relevancy 57.62%

So i decided to install win pro x to my old pc - intel e ghz geforce geforce xp very to compared 7600gt on win8 slow win gt gb ram monitor at resolution x Now on windows xp sp with latest updates i mostly play quot need for speed most wanted quot a REAL version from not that new shit with the same name seriously wtf they were thinking when they gave exactly the same name for a new game Anyway that game runs great with maximum settings on windows xp with no lag geforce 7600gt on win8 very slow compared to win xp at all about fps But on windows that game on maximum settings runs with big lag about fps Both os are geforce 7600gt on win8 very slow compared to win xp with newest drivers for all hardware devices windows was fresh installed and windows geforce 7600gt on win8 very slow compared to win xp xp is full of crap because it was reinstalled looong time ago So what is wrong with windows gaming performance Is the cause of this bad performance windows or is it bad nvidia drivers Does anyone else have problems with gaming performance on windows compared to windows xp

A:geforce 7600gt on win8 very slow compared to win xp

Well, i installed windows 7, and games laged as in windows 8. I disabled windows aero and selected windows classic theme, things got a little better, but still not as good as in windows xp, so apparently new changes in windows aero and metro graphics are bad for gaming with not high end pc. So i guess i will have to stay with xp/7 dual boot, unless somewhere is some tweaks/options, that can change gaming performance in win7 / win8.

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/22731-geforce-7600gt-win8-very-slow-compared-win-xp.html
Relevancy 57.19%

I have wireless internet through my cable provider. My signal strenght varies from 5 to 48 mbps on most days. Why isn't the signal consistent and what causes my internet to get so slow. Is there anything I can do...call my cable provider?

A:High speed internet not so high speed

"call my cable provider?"

No. You are mixing up some terms, but it doesn't sound like this is an ISP problem.

For now I'm going to assume that you have cable internet service and a wireless router. If not, please describe. If so, please post the brand and model of your modem and router (or modem/router combo).

Wireless signal strength is usually given in terms of "n bars out of 5" or "good," "excellent," etc. What is yours, and does it vary? How close is the PC to the router, and what obstructions are in the way?

When your bandwidth varies from 5 to 48mbps it could be an adapter or driver or router problem, but more likely is wireless interference. Are there other wireless networks on your same (or close) channel?

Some people first just try changing channels (in North America the non interfering channels are 1, 6 and 11) without trouble shooting to see if that helps.

If you are having difficulty determining the channels of the networks you detect use NetStumbler for help: www.netstumbler.com

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/high-speed-internet-not-so-high-speed.655330/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi All,

I have an Adaptec USB 2 Connect 4000 B in my PC and just realized that two of the ports are not recognized as high speed. I was running off of the windows default driver so I went and updated the driver and after all ports were "optimized" I thought the problem was solved. However, now the computer does not recognize anything that is plugged into the card. I can roll back to the windows default but was curious if anyone has any thoughts as to why only 2 ports would come up as high-speed.

Any help is appreciated.

A:Hi-Speed USB ports not registering as high speed

Some hardware have USB 2.0 and 1.1 backward compability un seperate USB ports. It can also come from the device you connect and also the USB card's speed compared to your PC.

Try rolling back to the Windows default settings. If nothing can be detected still, that can be a presence of hardware defect. Return and exchange.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/hi-speed-usb-ports-not-registering-as-high-speed-119828.html
Relevancy 55.9%

i tried to plug in my ipod and something pops up that says this: Hi Speed USB plugged into a non high speed port. and it transfers the songs real slow into my ipod. i dont have the driver discs. what should i do.

Relevancy 55.9%

Dear friends

Could you help me figure out why it is that I have trouble browsing in high speed despite the fact that the wireless adapter receives data at 1 Mbps minimum? I haven't been able to watch videos on Youtube, read the news etc because the browser takes ages to load the full page. I checked which applications are connected and they haven't exchanged much data as you can see below:

Excuse my English!

Thank you.

A:Low speed internet despite high speed provided by ISP

Any ideas?
Thank you!

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/16973-low-speed-internet-despite-high-speed-provided-isp.html
Relevancy 55.9%

I have a 2Mb/s connection. At least that is what online speed test shows. But why are my downloads much lower? I mean less than 1Mb/s

A:High Speed Connection - Low Speed Download?

Your connection is 2 megabits per second I assume....that comes out to about 256KB/sec in a browser.

Are you saying you only get 128KB/sec in your browser?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/114425-high-speed-connection-low-speed-download.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi there.

I've a canon a480 digital camera and I'm connecting it to an asus m2n mx se motherboard. Both devices are high speed but the camera is recognized as a full speed device.

I'm running windows xp service pack 2. I checked the device manager and the enhanced usb host controller is listed and seems to be working OK.

So...I'm stuck...Any hints will be greatly appreciated!

A:USB high speed working only as full speed.

anyone ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-high-speed-working-only-as-full-speed.869792/
Relevancy 55.9%

after dealing with PCI usb hub. i went and got external usb hubs and yes it worked on windows 7, but only FULL speed, my cam went from fast to laggie, iphone connect to usb hub had a message " it can perform faster if connect to a high speed port" , i check under device manager and it says " the device is operating on FULL SPEED "

i have check online, full speed = 12 mb/s , high speed = 480 mb/s

are there any ways to change this?

A:HIGH speed USB hub running at FULL speed.H

Quote: Originally Posted by wr332

after dealing with PCI usb hub. i went and got external usb hubs and yes it worked on windows 7, but only FULL speed, my cam went from fast to laggie, iphone connect to usb hub had a message " it can perform faster if connect to a high speed port" , i check under device manager and it says " the device is operating on FULL SPEED "

i have check online, full speed = 12 mb/s , high speed = 480 mb/s

are there any ways to change this?

First question... Are they high speed hubs?
I have an older 4 port Dlink here that's never run 480... looking into the chip on the internal circuit board, it turns out to be a 12mbps chip... you can slow them down, but you can't scare them into running faster.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/78300-high-speed-usb-hub-running-full-speed-h.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Start up takes anywhere from minutes to forever haven't timed it objectively but sometimes it takes so long I just manually shut down the computer while it's still starting to try rebooting it again Also if I leave the computer idling and then get back it can be frustrating long before it starts going at a normal pace again if I accumulate too many actions trying to open differen applications the computer can stay sluggish forever I've had this problem sightly before mainly when i was idling and skype was on but then it magically disappears Now it's back and it happens even without skype being on I scanned with malwarebytes and I doubt the thing I caught and removed is causing this Malwarebytes Anti-Malware www malwarebytes org Database version v Windows Service Pack x NTFS Internet Explorer Goyim GOYIM-PC administrator PM mbam-log- - - - - txt Scan type Full scan C D Scan options enabled Memory Startup Registry File System Heuristics Extra Heuristics Shuriken PUP PUM Scan options disabled P P Objects scanned Time elapsed hour s minute s second s idling unresponsive extremely up, start after slow Memory Processes Detected No malicious items detected Memory Modules Detected No malicious items detected Registry Keys Detected No malicious items detected Registry Values Detected No malicious items detected Registry Data Items Detected No malicious items detected Folders Detected C ProgramData Tarma Installer PUP Optional Tarma A - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully C ProgramData Tarma Installer E BE- B- -BF -A C B PUP Optional Tarma A - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully C ProgramData Tarma Installer E BE- B- -BF -A C B Cache PUP Optional Tarma A - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully Files Detected C Users Goyim AppData Local Microsoft Windows Temporary Internet Files Content IE RXLO PYI PFPortChecker Offers exe PUP Optional Downware - gt Quarantined and deleted extremely slow start up, unresponsive after idling successfully C Users Goyim AppData Local Microsoft Windows Temporary Internet Files Content IE RXLO PYI PFStaticIP Offers exe PUP Optional Downware - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully C Users Goyim AppData Local Temp YontooSetup-S exe PUP Optional Yontoo A - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully C ProgramData Tarma Installer E BE- B- -BF extremely slow start up, unresponsive after idling -A C B Setup dat PUP Optional Tarma A - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully C ProgramData Tarma Installer E BE- B- -BF -A C extremely slow start up, unresponsive after idling B Setup exe PUP Optional Tarma A - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully C ProgramData Tarma Installer E BE- B- -BF -A C B Setup ico PUP Optional Tarma A - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully C ProgramData Tarma Installer E BE- B- -BF -A C B Setup dll PUP Optional Tarma A - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully end

A:extremely slow start up, unresponsive after idling

Download Security Check from here or here and save it to your Desktop. Double-click SecurityCheck.exe Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box. A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.NOTE 1. If one of your security applications (e.g., third-party firewall) requests permission to allow DIG.EXE access the Internet, allow it to do so.NOTE 2 SecurityCheck may produce some false warning(s), so leave the results reading to me. Please download Farbar Service Scanner (FSS) and run it on the computer with the issue.Make sure the following options are checked:
Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity Center/Action CenterWindows UpdateWindows DefenderOther ServicesPress "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the log to your reply. Please download MiniToolBox and run it.Checkmark following boxes:Report IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Devices (do NOT change any settings here)List Users, Partitions and Memory sizeClick Go and post the result. Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (aka MBAM): http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free to your desktop.* Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.* At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.* If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.* Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan.* When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.* Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.* When completed, a log will open in Notepad.* Post the log back here.Be sure to restart the computer.The log can also be found here:C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txtOr at C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txtDownload Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit from HERE to your Desktop.Unzip downloaded file.Open the folder where the contents were unzipped and run mbar.exeFollow the instructions in the wizard to update and allow the program to scan your computer for threats.DO NOT click on the Cleanup button. Simply exit the program.When done, please post the two logs produced they will be in the MBAR folder..... mbar-log-xxxxx.txt and system-log.txt Please download Rkill (courtesy of BleepingComputer.com) to your desktop.There are 2 different versions. If one of them won't run then download and try to run the other one.You only need to get one of these to run, not all of them. You may get warnings from your antivirus about this tool, ignore them or shutdown your antivirus.rKill.exe: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/rkill/dl/10/iExplore.exe (renamed rKill.exe): http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/rkill/dl/11/Double-click on the Rkill desktop icon to run the tool.If using Vista or Windows 7 right-click on it and choose Run As Administrator.A black DOS box will briefly flash and then disappear. This is normal and indicates the tool ran successfully.If not, delete the file, then download and use the one provided in Link 2.Do not reboot until instructed.If the tool does not run from any of the links provided, please let me know.If normal mode still doesn't work, run the tool from safe mode.When the scan is done Notepad will open with rKill log.Post it in your next reply.NOTE. rKill.txt log will also be present on your desktop.NOTE Do NOT wrap your logs in "quote" or "code" brackets.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/506418/extremely-slow-start-up-unresponsive-after-idling/
Relevancy 55.9%

Good morning This problem is regarding a computer with the following specs Operating System - Windows Ultimate -bit SP when slow of even 25% CPU causing to computer System run Idling Using CPU - Intel Core i GHz C Ivy Bridge nm Technology System Using 25% of CPU even when Idling causing computer to run slow RAM - GB Single-Channel DDR MHz - - - Motherboard - Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd H M-USB H Intel Core i - CPU GHz C Graphics - S HQL x Hz Intel HD Graphics Gigabyte Storage - GB Seagate ST DM - CH ATA Device SATA C Optical Drives - TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH- DB ATA Device Audio - Realtek High Definition Audio ----------------------------------------- My coworker has been complaining about a slow running computer for a bit now Every small action has suddenly for no reason started to take a while to complete I've already run an AVG scan in safe mode and Malwarebytes in regular mode and the problem has not fixed itself When looking at his task manager I noticed that his CPU is running at even when nothing is going on more specifically it is the system process that is causing the overuse of the CPU It should be noted that I have had problems with two of the usb ports cutting out intermittently The solution was just to just not use those ports but reading into other problems on this forum I figured I should mention this Any help on this would be very much appreciated thanks in advance -AU

A:System Using 25% of CPU even when Idling causing computer to run slow

Is this computer used in a business application only, or is it used as a personal computer?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/547745/system-using-25-of-cpu-even-when-idling-causing-computer-to-run-slow/
Relevancy 55.9%

So I made this thread on the security section http www bleepingcomputer com forums t extremely-slow-start-up-unresponsive-after-idling and it looked like i had nothing malicious Start up takes anywhere from minutes to forever haven't timed it objectively but sometimes it takes so long I just manually shut down the computer while it's still starting to try rebooting it again Also if I leave the computer idling and then get back extremely slow idling start up, unresponsive after it can be frustrating long before it starts going at a normal pace again if I accumulate too many actions trying to open differen applications the computer extremely slow start up, unresponsive after idling can stay sluggish forever I've had this problem sightly before mainly when i was idling and skype was on but then it magically disappears Now it's back and it happens even without skype being on It takes lots of time to start safe mode as well but not as much as normal and also it hasn't taken forever yet to start up safe mode I don't seem to have a problem with idling on safe mode as well

A:extremely slow start up, unresponsive after idling

Try downloading Speccy and then install the program.  To post and publish a snapshot of your PC.. In the Menu bar, click File -> Publish Snapshot. Click Yes > then Copy to Clipboard. On your next reply, right-click on a empty space and click Paste on reply box then click Post. How to obtain hard drive S.M.A.R.T data on a Windows system and then paste the report into a forum postDownload the GSmartControl installer application:Go to the GSmartControl - Downloads page.Scroll part way down the page to where the current version available for download will be displayed.Double-click the downloaded application to run it and install GSmartControl on the computer.Note: Vista/Win7 users, right-click > Run as AdministratorWhen installation is complete, run GSmartControl:Start GSmartControl from the Start > Programs menu.When the interface has loaded and scanning for hard drives is complete, click on the hard drive icon to select the device.Go to Device on the top menu > View Details, and a new Device Information window will open.Click on the Attributes tab to display the S.M.A.R.T data values.Near the bottom of the window, click on View Output and a new Smartctl Output window will open.Right-click anywhere inside that window > Select All.Again right-click in that selected area > Copy.Now paste that in a reply to your topic.Note: Please enclose the pasted report in CODE tags so that the spacing/formatting is preserved (to make it easier for all to read).Firstly, click on the "Insert code snippet" button You will then see the "start" and "end" code tags (highlighted in dark blue/selected in the image) in the text box.Click between the two tags to insert the cursor between the tags and then press <Ctrl+V> to paste the report there.Download AutorunsAfter extracting, double click autoruns and go to File - Save - Filename : AutorunsSave as type : Text. Copy and Paste the text on your next reply

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/506748/extremely-slow-start-up-unresponsive-after-idling/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hello all, i'm running into a couple of problems on my new build. I have Windows 7 64 bit and two harddrives. I installed Win7 on my 125 GB Corsair SSD. My computer lags a ton every once in a while and takes 1-2 minutes to register clicks and such.

Also, how do I make sure my 2.5TB HDD is working? When I install games, iv'e been installing them to the SSD.

Lastly, my sound is extremely quiet on the PC. I maxxed the settings, used both jacks, and tried enhancing the volume. It sounds like it's at 15% of max volume, so basically unuseable.

I don't have a sound card so could it be motherboard drivers? Thanks in advance!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/ssd-slow-and-sound-really-quiet-641407.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Been happening for a while but its getting to the point where my computer is almost unusable at multiple times throughout the day.

CPU Usage bounces from 65-100% most of the time.  My machine sounds like its constantly doing working.

I've run malware bytes and ccleaner and have Ghostery running on Chrome.... doesn't seem to help much.

svchost.exe seems to be always working extra hard even though I track it back to system32.

Any help?

A:Constantly high CPU Usage

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.
 Checkmark the following checkboxes:  List last 10 Event Viewer log  List Installed Programs  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
 Click Go and paste the content into your next post.
 Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post. 
Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/583069/constantly-high-cpu-usage/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello,

1. My task manager shows my CPU% and Memory% usage are being constantly tapped out and I cannot find the reason.

2. I use Avasts Free version and nothing has come up on a scan.

3. I've also run RogueKillerX64, and the problems stopped for a few minutes.

4. Currently running CCleaner Free.

Thank you

A:CPU and Memory constantly high

Hello there      Welcome to Bleeping Computer, I'm LighthouseParty. Let's run a couple of scans to see what could be causing this. Please download MiniToolBox to your desktopDouble click MiniToolBox.Select the following and then press go.Post the log in your next reply.Flush DNSReset IE Proxy SettingsReset FF Proxy SettingsList Installed ProgramsList Restore Points Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware to your desktopDouble click mbam-setup-x.x.x.xxxx and follow the on-screen instructions.On the dashboard, click update now.After that, click scan now - the scan will now begin.When the scan's completed, select apply actions - make sure the action is quarantine.Restart your computer.How to get the log.On the dashboard, select the history tab and click application logs.Select the log which has the time and date of when you did the scan.Click copy to clipboard and paste it into your reply. Please download Security Check to your desktopDouble click SecurityCheck and follow the on-screen instructions.A log should open, called checkup.txt.Please post the contents of it in your next reply. Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit to your desktopDouble click it and click ok (Make sure to extract it to your desktop)When it opens, click next and then update.After it's updated, click next and then scan.If malware is detected, select clean, then restart your computer.Open 'MBAR' on your desktop and paste the contens in your reply of the following logs:mbar-log-xx.xx.xx.txt and system-log.txt. Non-malware removal stepsRun System File Checker - http://support.microsoft.com/KB/929833Run Disk Check - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2641432Thanks and good luck!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/561223/cpu-and-memory-constantly-high/
Relevancy 53.32%

My CPU Usage is constantly high and yet nothing in the task manager seems constantly high Usage CPU to be using much or any of it The picture below will show what I meanhttp i photobucket com albums a The pg t Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved CPU Usage constantly high at PM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C Windows system taskeng exeC Windows system Dwm exeC Program Files TuneUp Utilities TuneUpUtilitiesApp exeC bbLean blackbox exeC Windows RtHDVCpl exeC Program CPU Usage constantly high Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files Opera opera exeC Windows system wuauclt exeC Program Files Pidgin pidgin exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www gametap com R - HKLM Software Microsoft CPU Usage constantly high Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local localR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName F - REG system ini Shell C bbLean blackbox exeO - Hosts localhostO - BHO ContributeBHO Class - C DC - - A A- D-C C - C Program Files Adobe Adobe Contribute CS contributeieplugin dllO - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dllO - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dllO - BHO Adobe PDF Conversion Toolbar Helper - AE CD -E - f- - EE - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEFavClient dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dllO - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dllO - BHO SmartSelect - F EE -DAA - - - D EE A - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEFavClient dllO - Toolbar Adobe PDF - -D C - - FA - E EAAC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEFavClient dllO - Toolbar Contribute Toolbar - BDDE -E A - -B E- B B FC - C Program Files Adobe Adobe Contribute CS contributeieplugin dllO - Toolbar Veoh Web Player Video Finder - FBB -D D - f a-A E - B BFC - C Program Files Veoh Networks VeohWebPlayer VeohIEToolbar dllO - HKLM Run RtHDVCpl RtHDVCpl exeO - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKCU Run WindowsWelcomeCenter rundll exe oobefldr dll ShowWelcomeCenterO - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe detectMem User 'LOCAL SERVICE' O - HKUS S- - - Run WindowsWelcomeCenter rundll exe oobefldr dll ShowWelcomeCenter User 'LOCAL SERVICE' O - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe detectMem User 'NETWORK SERVICE' O - Extra context menu item Append Link Target to Existing PDF - res C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEFavClient dll AcroIEAppendSelLinks htmlO - Extra context menu item Append to Existing PDF - res C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEFavClient dll AcroIEAppend htmlO - Extra context menu item Convert Link Target to Adobe PDF - res C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEFavClient dll AcroIECaptureSelLinks htmlO - Extra context menu item Convert to Adobe PDF - res C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat Act... Read more

A:CPU Usage constantly high

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. Please include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Please refrain from running tools or applying updates other than those we suggest while we are cleaning up your computer. The reason for this is so we know what is going on with the machine at any time. Some programs can interfere with others and hamper the recovery process.Even if you have already provided information about your PC, we need a new log to see what has changed since you originally posted your problem.Please download OTL from following mirror:This is THE MirrorSave it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.Push the button.Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply here:OTL.txt <-- Will be openedExtra.txt <-- Will be minimizedIn the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see a button called Options. If you click on this in the drop-down menu you can choose Track this topic. I suggest you do this and select Immediate E-Mail notification and click on Proceed. This way you will be advised when we respond to your topic and facilitate the cleaning of your machine.After 5 days if a topic is not replied to we assume it has been abandoned and it is closed.regards _temp_

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/268845/cpu-usage-constantly-high/
Relevancy 53.32%

I have a DV7T-1000 hp
version 6.6.6002 service pack 2 build 6002
x86-based pc
bios hp f.12 8/28/2008
smbios version 2.4

My fan has recently started running almost constantly and loud. I have gone into msconfig and gotten rid of everything that doesn't need to run. The computer will do this when stationary with fan area hanging off of table exposed. When I sleep it or shut it, the light on the exterior of the computer (that says hp) stays on and the fan runs on high. I don't believe there is dirt in there. Around the same time, I noticed number lock and the keypad on the side stopped working.

could part of this be that I have never replaced the battery?

What else could it be?

I have run every spyware program known to man (malwarebytes, superantispyware, etc)

Thanks in advance

Relevancy 53.32%

Is this a common problem? I'm having the exact same thing on a completely fresh install of windows. It started within hours of installing windows, even before I could finish installing all the other programs I wanted.*Moderator Edit:split from http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/561223/cpu-and-memory-constantly-high/ ~ Queen-Evie*

A:Constantly High CPU and Memory

Welcome aboard  Download Process Explorer: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896653.aspxUnzip ProcessExplorer.zip, and double click on procexp.exe to run the program.NOTE. Windows Vista, 7 and 8 users right click on procexp.exe, click "Run As Administrator".Click on View > Select Colunms.In addition to already pre-selected options, make sure, the Command Line is selected, and press OK.Go File>Save As, and save the report as Procexp.txt. Upload the file(s) here: http://www.sendspace.com/Click on Browse button and navigate to the file you want to upload.Click on Upload button.Click on FIRST Copy Link button and paste the link in your next reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/561446/constantly-high-cpu-and-memory/
Relevancy 53.32%

Recently I've noticed that my computer has been running very slow especially on start up. I looked at my task manager and noticed that my cpu usage is constantly around 85+ percent. The two things using it the most are svchost.exe and cmd.exe. I'm running windows 7 ultimate.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:Cpu usage constantly high

Quote:

Originally Posted by drgentile777

Rmy cpu usage is constantly around 85+ percent. The two things using it the most are svchost.exe and cmd.exe...

Hi -

cmd.exe = command processor - should not be running unless you have a cmd/DOS screen open. Is there one open on the Taskbar?

svchost.exe = Service Host - runs multiple system services. You will usually find > 12 of these

RIGHT-click on the svchost.exe in Task Manager and see what services are running under it

Also check the Resource Monitor - CPU tab -
START | type perfmon /res

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cpu-usage-constantly-high-518880.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Help. I have a gigabyte motherboard with AMD XP 1800. I found that my cpu fan speed is going up and down periodically. I goes from 300 to 1200 rpm in a 2 sec cycle. It is a fan problem or a motherboard problem??

A:cpu fan speed changes constantly

Unless you have a fan controller on your system it may be a failing fan,irregular power supply which comes off of the MB usually.
Try a new fan .. go from there.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-fan-speed-changes-constantly.16441/
Relevancy 52.46%

So to clear out what my hardware is my core is an intel i LGA For a bit of background - A few months back I encountered this problem that my high temperature with too constantly Problem CPU fan started to malfunction Though a few hours later the fan started to work again I used a flashlight to look into the CPU and yeah it was spinning Both of Problem with CPU temperature constantly too high them at equal rates So onto the actual problem I few days ago I just got my PC fixed since my vid card malfunctioned Fearing it was overheating I downloaded speedfan and now constantly check my GPU temperature However what worries me now is that it constantly reads my CPU temperature to be around - Celsius The frightening thing is it s ALWAYS at that range Even when I just turn my computer on despite it being in air-conditioning the temp is always at that range I also asked the guy who fixed my PC and said that it was a problem but that C is standard for a PC that s been used for hours Since I m kind of lazy to screenshot upload I ll just type out what it reads in Speedfan CoreTemp and CPU Thermometer Speedfan GPU C System C CPU C AUX C SMIOVT - C HD C Core C CoreTemp Tj Max C Core C Min Max Core C Min Max Load varies from - CPU thermometer reads relatively the same with a - C range What the hell is up with my PC and what can I do to solve it nbsp

A:Problem with CPU temperature constantly too high

Hello, omni23414.
It could be a miscalculation on the part of the on-die sensors, or a horribly failing cooling system.
I've checked Google for that chip's average temps, and they aren't supposed to be that high.
My CPU isn't a multi-core, so it by default doesn't generate much heat, but it's overclocked enough to make a toast.

Try disabling any 'Quiet fan' features in your mobo's BIOS, and check the temps.
For how long have you had this problem? Only recently, or since Day 1 of the assembly?

Try taking off all the fans and checking them individually. Check whether any fan is malfunctioning. If none is, it could be a case of bad case airflow. Or miscalculated temps.

Still, give me some more details on which programs you mostly run, how much load they give the CPU. I'll abuse Google for more information on your case.

Good luck!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-with-cpu-temperature-constantly-too-high.179473/
Relevancy 52.46%

HP pavilion dv5-1235dx laptop always saying, "high cpu usage by internet explorer" even when I only have 1 window open...windows recently promped me to install recommended updates and since then it's been worse then ever.  Before that it would happen, but not as often.  Now it seems like everytime I'm on the web it says it.  Should I just do a system restore back to before I installed updates or should something else be done?
Thanking you in advance.

A:computer constantly says high cpu usage by ie

Hello jmichaels9999
Please try to download these few programs to desktop, and Copy and Paste any logs.
Please update us if you notice any change in computer operations (good or bad)

Note : All programs are free, and so is all help .......... Try to keep them in the order I have asked for them, and take your time.

First -
Download Screen317 Security Check from Here or Here and save it to your Desktop.
Double-click SecurityCheck.exe
Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.
A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt
Please Copy/Paste the contents of that document.
Note 1:: If any security program requests permission to access the Internet, allow it to
Note 2. If you receive UNSUPPORTED OPERATING SYSTEM! ABORTED! message, (or similar) restart computer and Security Check should run

Next -
Please download MiniToolBox  to desktop to run it.
 Checkmark the following boxes:
List content of Hosts
Flush DNS
List last 10 Event Viewer log
List Installed Programs
List Users, Partitions and Memory size
 Click Go and Copy / Paste the result. (result.txt)

Next -
Please post a snapshot with Speccy for more system details -How to Publish a snapshot with Speccy <<= Full Directions Here (only Copy / Paste the link)

Next -
Please download and run RKill by Grinler.
 A black DOS box will appear for a short time and then disappear.
 This is normal and indicates the tool ran successfully.
 At most the tool will usually run for about 2 minutes
 Please Copy / Paste the small log back here.Do not reboot your computer until you complete the next step.

Next -
Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode and save to your Desktop.NOTE - Close all other programs, as your computer will be rebooted at the end of Cleaning.
Double-click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool
* Vista/Windows 7/8 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.
Click on the "Scan" button only once to ensure a correct reading
AdwCleaner will begin...be patient as the scan may take some time to complete.(watch the bar go across the top)
After the scan has finished, click on the Report button...
Check the removals and see if you are OK with the list, or ask if you are not sure.
Now
Click on the "Clean" button only once to ensure a correct reading
Press OK > OK  > OK when asked to agree, and let it close all programs.
Follow the onscreen prompts and your computer will be rebooted to clean the items listed.
After rebooting, a logfile report (AdwCleaner[S0].txt) will open automatically.
Copy and Paste the contents of that logfile in your next reply.
To restore an item that has been deleted by accident : Open the program again,
Go to Tools (top left) > Quarantine Manager > check what you want restored > now click on Restore
A copy of all logfiles are also saved in the C:\AdwCleaner folder which was created when running the tool.

Last -
Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
Follow the simple directions to install the program to desktop
Right click and choose "Run as administrator" to open Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and from the Dashboard please Check for Updates by clicking the Update Now... link
Open up Malwarebytes > Settings > Detection and Protection > Enable Scan for rootkit and Under Non Malware Protection set both PUP and PUM to Treat detections as malware.
Click on the SCAN button and run a Threat Scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware by clicking the Scan Now>> button.
If you find malware and tick it to remove it, you may be asked th re-boot the computer to finish cleaning.
Once completed please click on the History > Application Logs and find your scan log and open it and then click on the "copy to clipboard" button and post back the results on your next reply.

From here we can see a lot more about your problems -

Thank You -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/559663/computer-constantly-says-high-cpu-usage-by-ie/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello So I need some help with my Windows I dont know why but my RAM is running very high and my pc is constantly laggy never before I think my svchost is very high too and Its been very very long that I didnt update windows CPU Usage - Physical Memory PC Spec Processor Intel CoreTM i - QM GHz Processor GHz Turbo upto GHz Qual Core Threads M Cache Memory GB Shared Single Channel DDR Memory Chipset Mobile Intel Series Express Chipset Video Card Dual Graphic Card Integrated MB Intel HD MB NVIDIA GeForce GT M HiJackLog Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x Dell DataSafe Local Backup TOASTER EXE C Program Files x Dell DataSafe Local Backup Components DSUpdate DSUpd exe C Program Files x Dell DataSafe Local Backup COMPONENTS SCHEDULER STSERVICE EXE C Program Files x DAEMON Tools Pro DTShellHlp exe C Users DAVID AppData Roaming Google Google Talk googletalk exe C Program Files x Internet Download Manager IDMan exe C ProgramData Macrovision FLEXnet Connect ISUSPM exe C Program Files x Skype Phone Skype exe C Program Files x Intel Intel R Rapid Storage Technology IAStorIcon exe C Program Files x Renesas Electronics USB Host Controller Driver Application nusb mon exe C Program Files x Sensible Vision Fast Access FATrayMon exe C Program Files x Sensible Vision Fast Access FATrayAlert exe C Program Files x Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky PURE avp exe C Program Files x Razer Krait razerhid exe C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files x BlueStacks HD-Agent exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program and constantly PC lag Physical high very Memory Files x Razer Krait razertra exe C Program Files x Intel Bluetooth BTPlayerCtrl exe C Program Files x Razer Krait razerofa exe C Program Files x PC Physical Memory very high and constantly lag Hotspot Shield bin openvpntray exe C Program Files x Internet Download Manager IEMonitor exe C Program Files x BlueStacks HD-Frontend exe C Users DAVID AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users DAVID AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users DAVID AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users DAVID AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users DAVID AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users DAVID AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x BlueStacks HD-Adb exe C Users DAVID AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users DAVID AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C PROGRA Yahoo MESSEN YAHOOM EXE C Program Files x Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe C Program Files x Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe C Users DAVID AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users DAVID AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users DAVID AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users DAVID AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users DAVID AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users DAVID AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users DAVID AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users DAVID AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users DAVID Downloads Programs HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http websearch helpmefindyour info pid amp r amp hid amp lg EN amp cc ID R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http websearch helpmefindyour info pid amp r amp hid amp lg EN amp cc ID R -... Read more

Relevancy 52.46%

Hi,

My wifes Win7 PC became sluggish with 100% cpu utilization, high disk activity, and high network activity (20% or so on 100Mbit LAN). Based on another post I ran the eset poweliks cleaner and it reported that it was found. The log it generated is attached (zipped to reduce size)

It still has the same problems. If I disconnect the LAN it becomes responsive. I have left the LAN disconnected. The Mcafee scan does not find anything. Malwarebytes Antimalware did not find anything.

I ran dds, the output files are attached.

Please advise the steps needed to clean her computer.

Thank you,
Howard

A:Win7 computer slow, high CPU, high LAN activity, and Win32/Poweliks found

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything.
We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.
To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:
*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/560209 <<< CLICK THIS LINK
If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.
***************************************************If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.
Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.
We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from the following link if you no longer have it available and save it to your destop.DDS.com Download LinkDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.
Information on A/V control can be found HERE.As I am just a silly little program running on the BleepingComputer.com servers, please do not send me private messages as I do not know how to read and reply to them! Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/560209/win7-computer-slow-high-cpu-high-lan-activity-and-win32poweliks-found/
Relevancy 52.03%

Have taken delivery of a new desktop pc and it is ok except for the fact that the fan cranks up to (a noisy) full speed when pc switched on and carries on like this until it is turned off.
I queried this with supplier's help desk but they assured me that this is normal?
Should I just accept that it is (normal)?

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/pc-fan-constantly-running-top-speed-4600652/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi Everyone I have just built a quot Dream Machine quot for the purpose of graphic design and other intensive activities though not gaming as this is a work PC I won t go into all of the specifications however the PC does use a Gigabyte X -UP motherboard and I have Gigs of Patriot Viper Extreme PC memory installed Initial FSB RAM results are shown below I also installed x Samsung SSDs in RAID The hard drive transfer rates are truly out of this world - The read speed is close to Gbps almost made it Now that I have built an impressive PC I am having trouble making it behave it is End High constantly crashing on 7 System Windows a bit like a Windows 7 constantly crashing on High End System wild stallion full of raw power but Windows 7 constantly crashing on High End System quite frankly untamed Windows Windows 7 constantly crashing on High End System x is constantly crashing it crashes about every minutes and it doesn t seem to matter whether the PC is doing work or not I have setup the RAM to use an Xtreme Memory Profile which runs at MHz which is not an issue for my RAM as this is the RAMs natural running speed At any rate I plan to test the RAM for a good hours using MemTest to see if there are any issues on this front I am thinking that there may be a conflict between the motherboards RAID chipset and the SSDs in so far as perhaps the motherboard can t keep up with the SSDs If anybody else has any experience with these kinds of systems and has any suggestions as to why Windows is crashing can you please add your thoughts Kind Regards Davo nbsp

A:Windows 7 constantly crashing on High End System

what are you running
video card brand and model
cpu
m/board
ram
power supply
brand
model
wattage

check the listings in the bios for 12v line voltages and temperatures and post them

turn off the auto reboot
control panel /system/advanced/startup and recovery settings
then untick the auto reboot box
post any bsod error messages the computer freezes on in full

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-constantly-crashing-on-high-end-system.1079310/
Relevancy 52.03%

Whenever I connect to the internet, my PC is showing activity on the web. But I don't have any programs that use internet open. Then I checked my usage report and it showed that I uploaded 536 MB and only downloaded 126 MB in one day!!! I never upload more that I need to. Then at the end of the month, the total uploaded was 2.6 GB, way more than the average in the past. I ran a virus scan and it didn't find anything. And then, while browsing the web, randomly a new tab will open with a strange URL, then it will forward to Bing. An example of this URL is: http://santadom.com/se.php?pop=1&aid=aGlkZGVu&sid=16154920&key=virus. If you can, please help!!! Thanks.

A:PC constantly uploading high amounts of data

just found a third post
closing this one
continue here http://forums.techguy.org/general-security/943471-pc-constantly-uploading-high-amounts.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-constantly-uploading-high-amounts-of-data.943469/
Relevancy 52.03%

Whenever I connect to the internet, my PC is showing activity on the web. But I don't have any programs that use internet open. Then I checked my usage report and it showed that I uploaded 536 MB and only downloaded 126 MB in one day!!! I never upload more that I need to. Then at the end of the month, the total uploaded was 2.6 GB, way more than the average in the past. I ran a virus scan and it didn't find anything. And then, while browsing the web, randomly a new tab will open with a strange URL, then it will forward to Bing. An example of this URL is: http://santadom.com/se.php?pop=1&aid=aGlkZGVu&sid=16154920&key=virus. If you can, please help!!! Thanks.

Relevancy 52.03%

Hi Everyone I have just built a quot Dream Machine quot for the purpose of graphic design and other intensive activities though not gaming as this is a work PC I won't go into all of the specifications however the PC does use a Gigabyte X -UP motherboard and I have Gigs of Patriot Viper Extreme PC memory installed Initial FSB RAM results are shown below I also installed x Samsung SSDs in RAID The hard drive crashing on constantly 7 System End Windows High transfer rates are truly out of this world - The read speed Windows 7 constantly crashing on High End System is close to Gbps almost made Windows 7 constantly crashing on High End System it Now that I have built an impressive PC I am having trouble making it behave it is a bit like a wild stallion full of raw power but quite frankly untamed Windows x is constantly crashing it crashes about every minutes and it doesn't seem to matter whether the PC is doing work or not I have setup the RAM to use an Xtreme Memory Profile which runs at MHz which is not an issue for my RAM as this is the RAMs natural running speed At any rate I plan to test the RAM for a good hours using MemTest to see if there are any issues on this front I am thinking that there may be a conflict between the motherboards RAID chipset and the SSDs in so far as perhaps the motherboard can't keep up with the SSDs If anybody else has any experience with these kinds of systems and has any suggestions as to why Windows is crashing can you please add your thoughts Kind Regards Davo

A:Windows 7 constantly crashing on High End System

Did you install using a retail disc, purchased from a store ?

( I see your other thread )

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/267399-windows-7-constantly-crashing-high-end-system.html
Relevancy 52.03%

About a year ago I noticed that my computer was running slow both online and off and that the explorer exe process listed in the Windows Task Manager was usually running very high Windows Explorer seemed to crash a lot as CPU System shows Usage -slow Manager Idle even high high Process Task computer though well A few months ago I attempted to install Kaspersky Internet Security on my computer and before the install completed a warning window popped up saying something like there is already another instance of Kaspersky running which was not the case since this was the first time I had ever attempted to install Kaspersky software and the install failed When I rebooted my computer I got the blue screen of death for a few seconds and then Windows booted with a message saying that Windows had recovered from a serious problem Since recovering from whatever happened after the failed Kaspersky install my computer is slower than ever and the Task Manager still shows a high CPU usage even Task Manager shows CPU Usage high even though System Idle Process high -slow computer though the System Idle Process is high and there isn t any processes listed that are using much CPU time at all I just scanned my system with the latest updated versions of AdAware Spybot S amp D SuperAntiSpyware and Avira AntiVir All of them found nothing I then cleaned my computer with CCleaner and ran HijackThis Here is the log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP Task Manager shows CPU Usage high even though System Idle Process high -slow computer SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWService exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic sched exe C WINDOWS system CTHELPER EXE C Program Files Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic avgnt exe C Program Files a-squared Free a service exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic avguard exe C Program Files Norton GoBack GBPoll exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Program Files Norton GoBack GBTray exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zapro exe C Program Files SpywareGuard sgmain exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe C Program Files SpywareGuard sgbhp exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www hotmail com O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SpywareGuard Download Protection - A E - F- - B - B DDD DB - C Program Files SpywareGuard dlprotect dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll O - Toolbar Pictures - E F - - D - F- FC F - C Program Files Diodia Software Pictures Toolbar Pictures dll O - HKLM Run WINDVDPatch CTHELPER EXE O - HKLM Run UpdReg C WINDOWS UpdReg EXE O - HKLM Run Jet Detection quot C Program Files Creative SBLive PROGRAM ADGJDet exe quot O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - H... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/task-manager-shows-cpu-usage-high-even-though-system-idle-process-high-slow-computer.809029/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello The day before Bios release i started my p from cold state and min later and since nbsp fan started running at full speed without any load I tried everything i could imagine constantly max fan speed at running Lenovo wit... p50 updated Bios the next day changing power schemes reinstall all lenovo software which i removed because i don't need and execute hardware tests all OK ran windows last updates check with SpeedFan - temperatures stay cold degrees and below on all devices and NO data for fan speed Fan doesn't stop even for a minute Last try Lenovo p50 fan running constantly at max speed wit... before posting here was to reset the CMOS battery unplug and plug and even this didn't help I suspect it has something to do with Nvidia rather than the cpu as the only time fan stops for a little is when i unplug my external display on the mini dp port AND the power supply But then it starts again after a while Air getting out of Lenovo p50 fan running constantly at max speed wit... the machine Lenovo p50 fan running constantly at max speed wit... is cold freezing if system is idle and restart doesnt affect it Actually it spins hard even in bios nbsp If it nbsp is shut down and power on it doesnt spin until it gets min of running I build a system for professional audio stream which can be tricky on win i e CAS latencies nvidia drivers and i was getting very good results until nbsp getting this issue One thing is that it's very annoying noise especialy for audio work but what concerns me even more is that constant full speed fan may damage fan hardware over time What worries me even more is that this issue came from nothing no new updates tweaks drivers i usually keep win update disabled so i can enable and update at a time i decide myself because its Win anniversary update Before that i was getting same fan speed only on game test which i did when i got the computer and when loading full power CPU - in my workspace Anyone with similar issue Is there a lenovo software which shows temperature AND fan speed i couldnt check fan speed with any third party software Thank you P LENOVO EN Intel Xeon E - M v DDR Ram Samsung GB PRO Nvme NVIDIA Quadro M MW ghz i core x gb DDR RAM gb Samsung PRO SSD NVIDIA Quadro M M

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/Lenovo-p50-fan-running-constantly-at-max-speed-with-NO-load/td-p/3453339
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello The day before Bios release i started my speed running fan p50 wit... constantly max at Lenovo p from cold state and min later and since nbsp fan started running at full speed without any load I tried everything i could imagine updated Bios the next day changing power schemes reinstall all lenovo software which i removed because i don't need Lenovo p50 fan running constantly at max speed wit... and execute Lenovo p50 fan running constantly at max speed wit... hardware tests all Lenovo p50 fan running constantly at max speed wit... OK ran windows last updates check with SpeedFan - temperatures stay cold degrees and below on all devices and NO data for fan speed Fan doesn't stop even for a minute Last try before posting here was to reset the CMOS battery unplug and plug and even this didn't help I suspect it has something to do with Nvidia rather than the cpu as the only time fan stops for a little is when i unplug my external display on the mini dp port AND the power supply But then it starts again after a while Air getting out of the machine is cold freezing if system is idle and restart doesnt affect it Actually it spins hard even in bios nbsp If it nbsp is shut down and power on it doesnt spin until it gets min of running I build a system for professional audio stream which can be tricky on win i e CAS latencies nvidia drivers and i was getting very good results until nbsp getting this issue One thing is that it's very annoying noise especialy for audio work but what concerns me even more is that constant full speed fan may damage fan hardware over time What worries me even more is that this issue came from nothing no new updates tweaks drivers i usually keep win update disabled so i can enable and update at a time i decide myself because its Win anniversary update Before that i was getting same fan speed only on game test which i did when i got the computer and when loading full power CPU - in my workspace Anyone with similar issue Is there a lenovo software which shows temperature AND fan speed i couldnt check fan speed with any third party software Thank you P LENOVO EN Intel Xeon E - M v DDR Ram Samsung GB PRO Nvme NVIDIA Quadro M MW ghz i core x gb DDR RAM gb Samsung PRO SSD NVIDIA Quadro M M

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/Lenovo-p50-fan-running-constantly-at-max-speed-with-NO-load/td-p/3453339
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi,

My PC is showing high data usage whenever I connected to Internet. It shows that the data flow is 10MB for upload and 12MB download in just 10 minutes even though I didnt run any program. This seems like abnormal to me. Sometime the download will slowed down as well. I've tried to scan by super antispyware, kaspersky and window defender but yet can get nothing from it. So I'm pretty clueless now. If can, please help me to solve this problem. Here is my log file. Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-constantly-uploading-and-downloading-high-amount-of-data.1041428/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi,

Not certain if I have a virus.  The fan on my computer is constantly running at a high level and I noticed several svchost sessions, at least 10 or more.  CPU usage is running at least 25%, constantly and will go higher but no lower than 25%.  I've shut down the computer and rebooted to no avail.  Fan goes up and svchost bumps up to over 10.  Not certain if multiple svchost sessions is a sign.

Can you help?

Thanks,
Ken

A:Infected? Multiple svchost and fan constantly runs high

Multiple Svchost's is normal. What processes exactly are using the cpu?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/617359/infected-multiple-svchost-and-fan-constantly-runs-high/
Relevancy 51.6%

So yesterday when I was using my computer (running Windows 7) my physical memory suddenly got very high all the time, even when no programs are running. I have 4 GB of RAM and even when it's on desktop without any programs in the background it stays on about 1,5 GB usage. It's VERY slow when I run Photoshop CS6, goes up to about 3,8 GB usage. As as I said this problem occured yesterday. Never happened before. I tried searching for a few similar solutions here on Bleeping Computer using programs such as ComboFix, Rkill then scanning afterwards etc. but none of them works. Any kind of help would be greatly appreciated really! :> Thanks in advance!!

A:Physical memory constantly very high - Possible svchost.exe virus?

Welcome aboard   Download Security Check from here or here and save it to your Desktop. Double-click SecurityCheck.exe Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box. A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.NOTE 1. If one of your security applications (e.g., third-party firewall) requests permission to allow DIG.EXE access the Internet, allow it to do so.NOTE 2. SecurityCheck may produce some false warning(s), so leave the results reading to me.NOTE 3. If you receive UNSUPPORTED OPERATING SYSTEM! ABORTED! message restart computer and Security Check should run Please download Farbar Service Scanner (FSS) and run it on the computer with the issue.Make sure the following options are checked:
Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity Center/Action CenterWindows UpdateWindows DefenderOther ServicesPress "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the log to your reply. Please download MiniToolBox and run it.Checkmark following boxes:Report IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Devices (do NOT change any settings here)List Users, Partitions and Memory sizeList Restore PointsClick Go and post the result. Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) to your desktop.NOTE. If you already have MBAM 2.0 installed scroll down.Double-click mbam-setup-2.0.0.1000.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to the following:

Launch Malwarebytes Anti-MalwareA 14 day trial of the Premium features is pre-selected. You may deselect this if you wish, and it will not diminish the scanning and removal capabilities of the program.
Click Finish.On the Dashboard, click the 'Update Now >>' linkAfter the update completes, click the 'Scan Now >>' button.
Or, on the Dashboard, click the Scan Now >> button.If an update is available, click the Update Now button.
A Threat Scan will begin.When the scan is complete, if there have been detections, click Apply Actions to allow MBAM to clean what was detected.In most cases, a restart will be required.Wait for the prompt to restart the computer to appear, then click on Yes.If you already have MBAM 2.0 installed:On the Dashboard, click the 'Update Now >>' linkAfter the update completes, click the 'Scan Now >>' button.
Or, on the Dashboard, click the Scan Now >> button.If an update is available, click the Update Now button.
A Threat Scan will begin.When the scan is complete, if there have been detections, click Apply Actions to allow MBAM to clean what was detected.In most cases, a restart will be required.Wait for the prompt to restart the computer to appear, then click on Yes.How to get logs:(Export log to save as txt)After the restart once you are back at your desktop, open MBAM once more.Click on the History tab > Application Logs.Double click on the Scan Log which shows the Date and time of the scan just performed.Click 'Export'.Click 'Text file (*.txt)'In the Save File dialog box which appears, click on Desktop.In the File name: box type a name for your scan log.A message box named 'File Saved' should appear stating "Your file has been successfully exported".Click OkAttach that saved log to your next reply.(Copy to clipboard for pasting into forum replies or tickets)After the restart once you are back at your desktop, open MBAM once more.Click on the History tab > Application Logs.Double click on the Scan Log which shows the Date and time of the scan just performed.Click 'Copy to Clipboard'Paste the contents of the clipboard into your reply.Download Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit (MBAR) to your desktop.Warning! Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit needs to be run from an account with administrator rights.Double click on downloaded file. OK self extracting promp... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/589656/physical-memory-constantly-very-high-possible-svchostexe-virus/
Relevancy 51.17%

Yesterday I installed RC1 of Windows 7 on my HP 6910p.

Afetr install I immediately noticed that the notebook makes much more fan noise then under Windows XP.
The fan seems to be running constantly and whenever I seem to do something a bit graphical it goes at full speed.

Are there any other (HP 6910p) users that have the same experience?
Is there something I can do / tweak to make my notebook quite again.

I have already disabled the superfetch however this only reduces the HDD activity.

A:Fan constantly running at full speed (HP6910p)

If you have a non integrated video card (No idea what the term for that is), try accessing the setup for it (Nvidia offers the "Nvidia control panel") and checking the fan settings - it may be set to max.

If this does not work, try entering your BIOS and checking the settings.

It MAY be happening because Windows 7 requires more out of your PC than XP (Which I assume you upgraded from, based on your OS information), so it's attempting to cool it down. Try running HWMonitor (CPUID) and checking the temps of your CPU / GPU / HDD.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/19489-fan-constantly-running-full-speed-hp6910p.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I have a high quality HP computer with a terabyte of memory using Windows and the advice fan constantly need I runs a and fix! CPU free Screen high very for flickers, PC is about years old My computer fan has been running too constantly and loud for months I cleaned it once and then again more recently including taking the fans out and cleaning them completely and replacing them The CPU runs very high especially if I try to Screen flickers, fan runs constantly and very high CPU I need advice for a free fix! play games on facebook or anything that may require extra stress on my graphics drivers I tried to update drivers and spent money to have this done using Driver Boost Pro only to be told it was a very minor fix and my computer would need another - dollars worth of work done Including an Infection Sweep a One Time Repair and a Tune Up I do not have that kind of money right now and I am becoming more adept at doing more and more for my computer and would appreciate any useful advice that could help me to take care of these problems as much on my own or with free completely free programs that could help I was also told to lower the number of Processes running and have done so but apparently more needs to be done Thankyou for your help and I hope to hear back soon Take care and I really appreciate it nbsp

A:Screen flickers, fan runs constantly and very high CPU I need advice for a free fix!

AngelLuvsChris:

This works for me, although some would contend that defragging isn't necessary as much as I do it:

1. Defragment daily using a auto schedule
2. Run CCleaner daily to remove temporary internet files and empty browser caches using a auto schedule
3. Backup daily to guarantee the safety of files on the computer
4. Keep the documents folder (My Documents for most users) neat and clean, so there aren't a large amount of unnecessary files
5. Clean the inside of the PC every few months or so

*It helps to run Malware scans every once in awhile and also to run diagnostic scans of hard drives and RAM memory. The RAM test is very long (12-24 hours), and it can only be run using a boot disk outside of Windows. The hard drive tests can be found for free at the internet site of your hard drive's manufacturer. Good tool to have for catching problems before there is a full hard drive failure that causes files to be unretrievable...

Otherwise, you may have some adware on your PC. Someone will come along to help...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/screen-flickers-fan-runs-constantly-and-very-high-cpu-i-need-advice-for-a-free-fix.1109883/
Relevancy 51.17%

Greetings this just started today Windows Dell Inspiron laptop here My Internet today is constantly saying that it is receiving at Mbps even when I'm not doing anything Looking in the Performance Monitor the thing thinking, network constantly usage, suspicious High Avast! taking up the network is an svchost netsvcs but lists its address as a - - - deploy static akamaitechnologies com which I find suspicious There are other svchost exe's another one gives its address as https- - - - lax llnw net I am near that location geographically but not sure what it is or why it's taking so much network While I was typing this the svchost taking up the most memory changed address to cds lax llnw net Looking in the Details of Task Manager I see many svchost exe but all are in C Windows System so that appeared normal The Avast icon in the tray is constantly spinning which makes me nervous It just updated today too I ran a Quick Scan High network usage, Avast! constantly thinking, suspicious with Avast which returned no threats found Restarting the computer did not fix this behavior I don't think this should be related to a Windows Update as I saw suggested somewhere else a manual check for updates shows nothing is waiting But just in case also looking through my Windows Updates a couple of weeks ago my Windows Defender said an update was cancelled Should I be alarmed by this is there any way to make it update I use Avast so maybe it's okay if it's cancelled I ran a command prompt tasklist SVC and here's what I got ---- Image Name PID Services System Idle Process N A System N A smss exe N A csrss exe N A wininit exe N A csrss exe N A winlogon exe N A services exe N A lsass exe EFS SamSs svchost exe BrokerInfrastructure DcomLaunch LSM PlugPlay Power SystemEventsBroker svchost exe RpcEptMapper RpcSs dwm exe N A svchost exe Audiosrv Dhcp EventLog HomeGroupProvider lmhosts Wcmsvc wscsvc svchost exe Appinfo BITS Browser IKEEXT iphlpsvc LanmanServer ProfSvc Schedule SENS ShellHWDetection Themes Winmgmt wuauserv svchost exe EventSystem fdPHost FontCache netprofm nsi WdiServiceHost WinHttpAutoProxySvc igfxCUIService exe igfxCUIService svchost exe AudioEndpointBuilder DeviceAssociationService NcbService Netman PcaSvc SysMain TrkWks WdiSystemHost WlanSvc RtkAudioService exe RtkAudioService RAVBg exe N A RAVBg exe N A svchost exe CryptSvc Dnscache LanmanWorkstation NlaSvc wlanext exe N A conhost exe N A AvastSvc exe avast Antivirus spoolsv exe Spooler svchost exe BFE DPS MpsSvc armsvc exe AdobeARMservice taskeng exe N A taskhostex exe N A SynTPEnh exe N A GoogleUpdate exe N A explorer exe N A AERTSr exe AERTFilters svchost exe DiagTrack EvtEng exe EvtEng HeciServer exe Intel reg Capability Licensing Service Interf ace RegSrvc exe RegSrvc svchost exe stisvc PocketCloudService exe WysePocketCloud WyseRemoteAccess exe WyseRemoteAccess ZeroConfigService exe ZeroConfigService Dell ClientFramework exe My Dell Client Framework unsecapp exe N A WmiPrvSE exe N A WmiPrvSE exe N A svchost exe FDResPub SSDPSRV TimeBroker PresentationFontCache exe FontCache RAVBg exe N A GWX exe N A YCMMirage exe N A igfxEM exe N A igfxHK exe N A igfxTray exe N A SearchIndexer exe WSearch RtkNGUI exe N A RAVBg exe N A quickset exe N A rundll exe N A CLMLSvc exe N A devmonsrv exe Bluetooth Device Monitor AvastUI exe N A obexsrv exe Bluetooth OBEX Service unsecapp exe N A IAStorIcon exe N A OTBSurvey exe Dell Customer Connect DellUpService exe DellUpdate IAStorDataMgrSvc exe IAStorDataMgrSvc DellUpTray exe N A jhi service exe jhi service LMS exe LMS SftService exe SftService Taskmgr exe N A perfmon exe N A firefox exe N A cmd exe N A conhost exe N A tasklist exe N A

A:High network usage, Avast! constantly thinking, suspicious

Hello,

please download MiniToolBox by Farbar and save it to your desktop.

Run tool as Administrator and make sure that these options are checked :

Flush DNS
Reset IE Proxy Settings
Reset FF Proxy Settings
List Installed Programs

Post log here .

Step 2

Download TFC by OldTimer and save it to your desktop.

Run it as Administrator and click on Start button.

If programs need reboot, allow it to do so.

NOTE: IF your desktop disappears, don't panic, it's normal.

Step 3

Scan with Malwarebytes AntiRootkit

Please download MBAR and save it to your desktop.

Run tool as Administrator, tool will extract itself, and then launch.

Click Next to accept terms and conditions, and click Update to obtain latest definitions.

If malware is found click on Cleanup button , but make sure that Create restore point option is checked before proceeding !

Program will ask you to restart, allow it to do so.

Note: If you're experiencing internet connection issues or other anomalies after running MBAR and removal of rootkits, it is recommended to run fixdamage.exe located inside mbar folder. Run it as Administrator and press Y if asks you do you want to continue.

Step 4

Scan with Norton Power Eraser

CAUTION: NPE uses aggressive methods to detect and remove malware,so do not touch any of settings !

Download NPE by Symantec and save it to your desktop.

Run the tool as Administrator,accept license agreement,and click  Scan button. 

Program will ask you to reboot to continue scanning (includes rootkit scan),so allow it to restart.

After restart program will automatically launch itself and start scanning. Scanning takes 5-10 minutes,so be patient !

If malware is detected,make sure that Create restore point option is checked,then click Fix button. After that,click on Restart now to complete removal.

Step 5

Scan with Malwarebytes AntiMalware

Download Malwarebytes and install it on your system (Run setup as Administrator).

At the end of installation, uncheck "Enable free trial of Malwarebytes Premium", then click Finish.

Make sure you have latest definitions by clicking on Update Now,then under Scan choose Threat Scan.

After scanning is done, click on Remove if malware is found,tool will ask for restart , allow it to do so.

Attach MBAM log here (you can find it in History > Application Logs).

Step 6

Scan with Zemana Antimalware

Download Zemana Antimalware and install it on your system.

Under Scan type choose Full Scan and let the tool scan system.

If malware is found click Next to remove it, if tool asks for restart, allow it .

If no malware is found , just exit program.

NOTE: Leave actions at default.

Attach log here.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/584977/high-network-usage-avast-constantly-thinking-suspicious/
Relevancy 51.17%

My laptop is in perfect condition I haven't dropped it ever and I haven't even downloaded anything for a couple L300D Frequency High Emitting Satellite Constantly Sound days now Today when I turned on my satellite L D it started emitting a high frequency sound and as I am typing this right now I am still hearing it How do I make the sound stop coming The sound is coming from the quot spine quot Satellite L300D Emitting High Frequency Sound Constantly of the laptop where the screen and keyboard are connected I have already tried removing the battery for a while and then putting it back in nothing changed I also tried using my laptop without the battery while it's plugged in but still nothing What I did find was that when I adjust my screen brightness the sound either gets louder if I increase the screen brightness or quieter if I decrease the screen brightness Even with the screen being as dark as can be I still hear the sound Any help is appreciated Thank you

A:Satellite L300D Emitting High Frequency Sound Constantly

Uhm this is really wierd but anyways problem fixed. I pretty much started hitting/slapping the part of my laptop that was emitting the noise and then it was fixed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/94403-satellite-l300d-emitting-high-frequency-sound-constantly.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hey guys I am running Vista on an AMD Phenom X e with gb ram My hard drive is constantly running and chugging away usage Constantly Hard Drive High resource Running, pretty good too reading rather than writing i believe My cpu and memory usage are quite high and my system is running relatively slow for doing simple things like opening a browser I have attached a screenshot of the system resource monitor with basically nothing running but hijack this and a browser Any help would be greatly appreciated I have run scans with malware Hard Drive Constantly Running, High resource usage bytes and adaware as well as AVG which all come up clean Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files x DAEMON Hard Drive Constantly Running, High resource usage Tools Pro DTProShellHlp exe Hard Drive Constantly Running, High resource usage C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Windows SysWow Macromed Flash FlashUtil b exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files x Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en ca amp c amp bd Pavilion amp pf cndt R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www lhjmq qc ca lang en index php page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en ca amp c amp bd Pavilion amp pf cndt R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en ca amp c amp bd Pavilion amp pf cndt R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhost O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files x AVG AVG avgssie dll O - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Microsoft Live Search Toolbar Helper - d ce e -f a- - e- dc f c f - c Program Files x MSN Toolbar msneshellx dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - Toolbar Microsoft Live Search Toolbar - E ED C- CB - d -B E -AB C C - c Program Files x MSN Toolbar msneshellx dll O - HKLM Run AVG TRAY C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe O - HKLM Run AdobeCS ServiceManager quot C Program Files x Common Files Adobe CS ServiceManager CS ServiceManager exe quot -launchedbylogin O - HKCU Run Sidebar C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe autoRun O - HKCU Run ehTray exe C Windows ehome ehTray exe O - HKCU Run msnmsgr quot C Program Files x Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe quot background O - HKCU Run WMPNSCFG C Program Files x Windows Media Player WMPNSCFG exe O - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe detectMem User LOCAL SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - Run WindowsWelcomeCenter rundll exe oobefldr dll ShowWelcomeCenter User LOCAL SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar ex... Read more

A:Hard Drive Constantly Running, High resource usage

Anyone?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hard-drive-constantly-running-high-resource-usage.867706/
Relevancy 50.74%

Is this even possible? Ive never seen a download speed so low, I cant even watch youtube, and forget netflix. Yet my upload seems to be through the roof. What is causing this? .58mb/s DL with a 43.26mb/s upload @ 5 ms ping.

A:Extremely low download speed and extremely high upload speed

Might I ask what time of day you did that test? In My Opinion, the Internet is like the Interstate. You can't go fast at rush hour.
You should try it at different times of day to see if it changes.
You could even try another test site http://www.internetfrog.com/mypc/speedtest/
http://reviews.cnet.com/internet-speed-test/ http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/
http://www.dslreports.com/stest
Good luck

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/extremely-low-download-speed-and-extremely-high-upload-speed.184515/
Relevancy 50.74%

adding system info Dell M Vista all updates current Wireless AT amp T Expresscard Concurrent wil all this something is resetting my trackpad settings back to default on every reboot Solved this last summer by removing something from Logitech but the problem is back slow slow HJT on internet, slow high computer response, fans very to boot, log - now Weird Internet MUCH slower than usual responses sluggish computer slow to boot, slow response, very slow internet, fans on high - HJT log on- and offline System fans kick on within - minutes of startup I ve run all the computer slow to boot, slow response, very slow internet, fans on high - HJT log usuals - McAfee Ad-Aware SpyBot disk cleanup and chkdsk Hard boot after all that then ran HijackThis Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files CSR Vista Profile Pack BtHidUi exe C Windows sttray exe C Program Files Wave Systems Corp Services Manager DocMgr bin WavXDocMgr exe C Program Files Wave Systems Corp SecureUpgrade exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe C Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise shstat exe C Program Files McAfee Common Framework UdaterUI exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat acrotray exe C Program Files CSR Vista Profile Pack HidSw exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe C Program Files McAfee Common Framework McTray exe C Windows System rundll exe C Windows System rundll exe C Windows System rundll exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Users LMR AppData Roaming Google Google Talk googletalk exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe C Program Files Dell QuickSet quickset exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Internet Explorer provided by Dell R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhost O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveShellExtensions dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - c Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO scriptproxy - DB D A - - E -B D- F C - C Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise scriptcl dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Conversion Toolbar Helper - AE CD -E - f- - EE - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - BHO Browser Address Error Redirector - CA C - B - E-A -A C D... Read more

A:computer slow to boot, slow response, very slow internet, fans on high - HJT log

Any thoughts, anybody?

catillac said:

(adding system info):
Dell M90, Vista, all updates current.
Wireless: AT&T Expresscard

Concurrent wil all this, something is resetting my trackpad settings back to default on every reboot. Solved this last summer by removing something from Logitech, but the problem is back now. Weird.

Internet MUCH slower than usual, responses sluggish on- and offline. System fans kick on within 2-3 minutes of startup. I've run all the usuals - McAfee, Ad-Aware, SpyBot, disk cleanup, and chkdsk. Hard boot after all that, then ran HijackThis:

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 8:29:36 PM, on 2/27/2008
Platform: Windows Vista (WinNT 6.00.1904)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16609)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\Windows\system32\taskeng.exe
C:\Windows\system32\Dwm.exe
C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\CSR\Vista Profile Pack\BtHidUi.exe
C:\Windows\sttray.exe
C:\Program Files\Wave Systems Corp\Services Manager\DocMgr\bin\WavXDocMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Wave Systems Corp\SecureUpgrade.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\issch.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\Google Desktop Search\GoogleDesktop.exe
C:\Program Files\McAfee\VirusScan Enterprise\shstat.exe
C:\Program Files\McAfee\Common Framework\UdaterUI.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\GrooveMonitor.exe
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 8.0\Acrobat\acrotray.exe
C:\Program Files\CSR\Vista Profile Pack\HidSw.exe
C:\Program Files\McAfee\Common Framework\McTray.exe
C:\Windows\System32\rundll32.exe
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\Windows\ehome\ehtray.exe
C:\Users\LMR\AppData\Roaming\Google\Google Talk\googletalk.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmpnscfg.exe
C:\Windows\ehome\ehmsas.exe
C:\Program Files\Digital Line Detect\DLG.exe
C:\Program Files\Dell\QuickSet\quickset.exe
C:\Windows\system32\wbem\unsecapp.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch =
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Window Title = Internet Explorer provided by Dell
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = *.local
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName =
O1 - Hosts: ::1 localhost
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: Spybot-S&D IE Protection - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: Groove GFS Browser Helper - {72853161-30C5-4D22-B7F9-0BBC1D38A37E} - C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\GrooveShellExtensions.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - c:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: scriptproxy - {7DB2D5A0-7241-4E79-B68D-6309F01C5231} - C:\Program Files\McAfee\VirusScan Enterprise\scriptcl.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar1.dll
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF C... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-slow-to-boot-slow-response-very-slow-internet-fans-on-high-hjt-log.687971/
Relevancy 50.74%

I have 8 mbps connection wifi. when I test with speedtest.net I get download speed of 1 mbps on my laptop.
but we have 2 android phones and we get around 9 mbps speed on both the phones.
I gone through forums but could not get solution.

attached is screenshot of Wi-Fi inspector. please help me.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-speed-on-laptop-in-wifi-while-good-speed-on-mobile-phones.1154826/
Relevancy 50.74%

I am using mozilla firefox 2.0.0.9 and have wndows xp pro as OS.For last two days my net surfing experience is going very strange.My page loading speed is good but the download speed is very slow.When ever i download a file it downloads very slowly.The download speed has decrease about 4 times .I have my internet through siemens adsl sl2.141 modem and I login to my account through ppoe WAN password account.Can anybody help please?

A:Browsing/page Loading Speed Is Good But Downloading Speed Is Too Slow

Have you monitored your system with Windows Task Manager while downloading? If you determine Firefox is causing the problem, try safe mode and/or a new profile. Sometimes settings and/or extensions got corrupted leading to strange behavior. Standard diagnostic - Firefox

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/116144/browsingpage-loading-speed-is-good-but-downloading-speed-is-too-slow/
Relevancy 50.74%

Only had this new pc a few weeks and it is so slow now after 3 blue screen of death crashes that caused this I think, I believe firefox caused. I am not sure how to read dump files to show you details of the BSOD. I am including details of my PC along with the hijack this log, my system is clean though according to antispyware and virus scans.

2GB DDRII RAM
VISTA ULTIMATE 32bit

I installed 64bit before this 32bit one on another partition of this HDD but cannot boot into it anymore at startup because this PC won't let me select it because it does not detect my keyboard in DOS mode for some weird reason.

Hijackthis log is attached file.

A:Snail Speed Pc At Times And Always Slow Internet Speed On Vista Ultimate

I found this helpful information on possible solutions, very familiar with errors on previous Microsoft operating systems. http://www.vandersluijs.nl/content/view/973/96/lang,enI uninstalled one of the suggested updates and so far it is fine, the update was only optional so no security threats. I think it has helped, not certain if it will be like a fresh install because windows is slower than it was two weeks ago. If 3 weeks is best windows can handle for being ready for a new install I may have to go back to Linux. I hope this thread can stay on this forum somewhere to help others follow the link I posted above for possible solutions to this problem, it will save them time and effort trying numerous things.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/108144/snail-speed-pc-at-times-and-always-slow-internet-speed-on-vista-ultimate/
Relevancy 50.74%

I m really frustrated Help me PLEASE Been slow for quite some time but lately I can t accomplish anything without multiple restarts and frozen screens Several months ago I had to reinstall windows and performance seemed to high laptop high SLOW cpu, memory, decline after that Pulled up the task manager and noticed both cpu and memory were almost that cant be good right Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version high cpu, high memory, SLOW laptop Microsoft Windows Vista amp Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Pentium R Dual CPU T GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc DT FSYX G CN E G Antivirus Spyware Doctor with AntiVirus Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled hijack this Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system Dwm exe high cpu, high memory, SLOW laptop C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files DellTPad Apoint exe C Windows System mobsync exe C Windows OEM Mon exe C Windows System hkcmd exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Windows System WLTRAY EXE C Windows system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files Dell MediaDirect PCMService exe C Program Files PC Tools Security pctsGui exe C Program Files Sigmatel C-Major Audio WDM sttray exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Program Files DellTPad HidFind exe C Program Files DellTPad Apntex exe C Users Mama mia AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Mama mia AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Mama mia AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Mama mia AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe C Windows system rundll exe C Users Mama mia AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Windows system DllHost exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Internet Explorer provided by Dell R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook PC Tools Browser Guard - EA- A- b-ADF - D E CC - C Program Files PC Tools Security BDT PCTBrowserDefender dll O - Hosts localhost O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Browser Defender BHO - A F D B- - FF -B - CCE E - C Program Files PC Tools Security BDT PCTBrowserDefender dll O - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO SkypeIEPluginBHO - AE - E C- ED - F B-F F A - C Program Files Skype Toolbars Internet Explorer skypeieplugin dll O - BHO Browser Address Error Redirector - CA C - B - E-A -A C DB F - C Program Files Dell BAE BAE dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - Toolbar PC Tools Browser Guard - EA- A- B-ADF - D E CC - C Program Files PC Tools Security BDT PCTBrowserDefender dll O - HKLM Run Apoint C Program Files DellTPad Apoint exe O - HKLM Run OEM Mon exe C Windows OEM Mon exe O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C Windows system igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C Windows system hkcmd exe O -... Read more

Relevancy 50.31%

My laptop fan has started running high speed non-stop today. It even runs like this when the computer is supposed to be in sleep mode. Only time I could get it to go off is when it's at the beginning of a restart. Also, I cannot get it to shut down properly. I hit start and shut down and it doesn't shut down, just restarts. I ran malwarebytes earlier and it found and removed four things. Any help would be appreciated.

A:Fan running full speed constantly, even in sleep mode.

What is the CPU usage? If it is high, or you are not sure, please post a screenshot.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/560707/fan-running-full-speed-constantly-even-in-sleep-mode/
Relevancy 50.31%

Since last week I noticed that the fan in degrees idle and cpu fan 65 e6220 Dell high constantly running temperature the Dell e is running almost constantly even Dell e6220 cpu idle temperature high 65 degrees and fan running constantly while the the CPU usage is low - The indicated temp is constantly around Dell e6220 cpu idle temperature high 65 degrees and fan running constantly degrees which is too high for such low usage I m unable to find out why this is happening what I did - ran the Dell diagnostics at boot time which doesn t show an error However Dell e6220 cpu idle temperature high 65 degrees and fan running constantly it shows that pre-boot the CPU temp also gets up to and stays around degrees so the problem is not OS usage related I ve let it sit for a while and when I flip my notebook so the bottom side is also up in the air it cools down a bit more to degrees and the fan stops running for a very short time The CPU temp shoots up again and the fan starts running again - the fan is working properly and is going up in steps to max when the CPU temp goes up- I have never really checked how warm the hot air blown out actually is but it seems to cool like it should- checked for dust inside around the fan and openings but everything is clean- the heatpipe gets as warm as the heatsink so the heat seems to be transported correctly I thought that the heatpipe might not transport the heat anymore - the heatsink gets warm but is clearly not that warm as I can touch and keep holding it so I d say it s only around degrees Would it then be the thermal paste connecting the CPU to the heatsink that has dried out Where is the actual temp measured This may explain the difference between the heatsink temperature of about degrees and the read temperature in the system of degrees What else can I check to find out the cause of this problem What else could be the cause of this problem Hope someone can help

A:Dell e6220 cpu idle temperature high 65 degrees and fan running constantly

Hi, 
Thanks for writing to us,. 
Looking at the symptoms, it sound more to do with hardware. 
Usually in these situations, the heatsink fan assembly are to be suspected. 
If you haven't yet updated the BIOS, please do so and let us know if any improvement or changes. 
Also PM us your system tag# by clicking on my name in blue and then select send a private message. 
Await your response.
Regards

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19675967
Relevancy 50.31%

Last week I have purchased a WD TB Green Drive as well as fast speed slow but write Green 2TB WD read has My speed a non-raid capable raid card Rosewill RC- since my older PC WinXP Celeron D GB RAM does not have SATA ports I have installed fresh drivers form Rosewills website even though they are not needed for non-raid configurations The PC recognized the card right away as well as the My 2TB WD Green has fast write speed but slow read speed HDD The write speeds are as expected however the read speeds are between KB and KB I cannot figure out why the read speeds do not exceed MB I have plugged the HDD as an external drive via USB and the read My 2TB WD Green has fast write speed but slow read speed write speeds are as expected Anyone knows why and how to fix it Update I have tried TB WD green drive -year old and it works as expected Update I have just spoken with Rosewill tech and he said that using PCI card and such a large drive it is expected to be slow Personally I believe it is B S You P S for moderators I have similar thread under storage and networking but it no longer applies as such issue Please delete it nbsp

A:My 2TB WD Green has fast write speed but slow read speed

The Rosewill card's transfer rate is "up to 1.5GB/s." The WD hard drive's is 3.0Gb/s. Perhaps if you set the jumper on the 5-6 pins to activate the 1.5GB/s rate per this instruction: Western Digital.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-2tb-wd-green-has-fast-write-speed-but-slow-read-speed.152655/
Relevancy 50.31%

Help gt My browser connection speed dropped to about kb second after a power outage I just did a full format of the drive and a clean install of XP Pro No Antivirus or Firewall loaded yet XP Firewall is not enabled HiJackThis looks ok Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP v WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C WINDOWS system telnet exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe O - Extra button no name - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - C WINDOWS Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag just fine speed Browser Telnet speed connection SLOW exe O - Extra Tools menuitem xpsp res dll - Browser connection speed SLOW Telnet speed just fine - e e Browser connection speed SLOW Telnet speed just fine dd -d - - b -f ba - C WINDOWS Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d Browser connection speed SLOW Telnet speed just fine -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Extra Tools menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe -- End of file - bytes Have any idea why my Telnet connection is fine yet my Browsers don t hook up at the same speed emetib nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/browser-connection-speed-slow-telnet-speed-just-fine.686662/
Relevancy 50.31%

I use Windows Vista SP2.I use the latest Trend Micro Titanium Maximum Security(updated) and Malwarebytes (updated) and latest version of K9 web protection.I use IE9,Firefox 3.6.16 and Chrome 11.0 beta.I have a download speed of max 190-210 kBps and upload speed of 31-40 kBps.It has been working normally with fast surfing and downloading.Yesterday I saw a weird thing,I usually download through torrents.I saw my downloads are happening,but no sites are opening.Even Google was once or twice opening very slowly.So please tell me what is happening?

A:Extremely slow browsing speed but fast download speed????

Please click HERE to download and install HijackThis.

Run it and select Do a system scan and save a logfile from the Main Menu.

The log will be saved in Notepad. Copy and paste the log in your next reply.

IMPORTANT: Do not fix anything

If Windows is denying access to the Hosts file, disable the UAC and run HijackThis again.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/extremely-slow-browsing-speed-but-fast-download-speed.989278/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi guys I hope you can help on this issue I ve been having with my internet connection I don t know what to do I resently formatted my harddrive because my internet all of a sudden started being very slow but after the format it s still the same issue Now I ve is Solved: fine... download Slow speed, speed upload tried plugging the connection line into my laptop and there there s no problem I am gettin a slower download than upload I have a mb download upload speed LAN connection I ran a speed test on the same connection and on my stationary it shows like kbs download and like kbs upload while on my laptop it shows like Mbs download and kbs upload so what s the problem So far I ve found out that it has nothing to do with the internet connection line or my NIC I tried a brand new one and it was the same issue it s not spyware or malware it s not fragmented and under internet connections it says that I m connected on a Mb network card and there are no problems with any of the devices However I can see that Solved: Slow download speed, upload speed is fine... if I open the job list the download connection is very unstable going from up to kb for a breif moment then falls to a halt at kb and moreover it says that I m not using any percent of the network I m on windows and haven t had any problems before this the rest of Solved: Slow download speed, upload speed is fine... the system works just fine but not the internet If I try and download something it won t get higher than like kb and then may stop altogether additional info Windows bit Asus M A AMD DDR Phenom II AMD Athlon AMD Phenom II x black Ghz W Mushkin DDR PC - GB CL kit SP Seagate Barracuda GB MB nbsp

Relevancy 50.31%

hey folks this may be a hardware problem may be a software high 2.0? usb speed problem my daughter off to college in a couple of weeks just picked up a new i pod high speed usb 2.0? loaded the software problem is the instructions say that each time you plug in the i pod via a quot high power quot usb port the high speed usb 2.0? software will auto load transfer any new songs in the quot library quot that just doesn t happen i am wondering if i need to upgrade the usb controller everest says i have Peripherals Printer Acrobat PDFWriter Printer ActiveTouch Document Loader Printer hp officejet series fax Printer hp officejet series Printer PIC NT Fax Printer USB Controller VIA VT C PCI-USB Controller USB Controller VIA VT C PCI-USB Controller USB Controller VIA VT C PCI-USB Controller USB Controller VIA USB Enhanced Host Controller USB Device hp officejet series DOT USB USB Device hp officejet series USB Device USB Composite Device USB Device USB Printing Support looks like i have usb controllers and - usb enhanced host controller physically the computer has front jacks and rear jacks is one of them a high speed enhanced and the other usb s just puzzled so any help would be greatly appreciated thanks jake nbsp

A:high speed usb 2.0?

They're all USB 2.0 I would guess, that's the normal way they appear.

Try this:

Unplug ALL USB devices.
Open Device Manager.
View, Show Hidden Devices.
Uninstall all devices under USB Controllers.
Uninstall all devices under Storage Volumes. Say no to any reboot prompts until you are finished. Also, if a Storage Volume doesn't uninstall, ignore it and move to the next one.
If you have a yellow ? with unknown devices, uninstall all of the entries there as well.

When this is done, reboot TWICE.

Reconnect the USB devices and see if they're recognized properly.

FYI, here's what Everest says about mine, and I know they're all USB 2.0 ports

Intel(R) 82801EB USB Universal Host Controller - 24D25.1.0.1009
Intel(R) 82801EB USB Universal Host Controller - 24D45.1.0.1009
Intel(R) 82801EB USB Universal Host Controller - 24D75.1.0.1009
Intel(R) 82801EB USB Universal Host Controller - 24DE5.1.0.1009
Intel(R) 82801EB USB2 Enhanced Host Controller - 24DD5.1.0.1009
Logitech USB Camera (ClickSmart 310) 7.0.0.1221
USB Mass Storage Device 5.1.2600.0
USB Root Hub 5.1.2600.2180

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/high-speed-usb-2-0.369286/
Relevancy 50.31%

i am running on bell sypatico high speed edition,but i find that
it does not always run so fast.Is there any way of increasing my speed.Please help>

Relevancy 50.31%

Hi Guys,

I am about to purchase an external DVD burner, and on the spec it says High Speed USB connection. Does the USB port in my PC need to also be high speed? And if so, how can I tell if it is, before buying the burner?

A:High speed USB

What the specs mean is that you need a USB 2.0 port to run the device. Look in Device manager at your Universal Serial Bus Controllers entry and see if it says USB 2.0.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/high-speed-usb.601699/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hey y'all I made this account just for my final try to fix this computer Anyways lets get to the point This is my first post also im not an expert on computers I do know a things though Ive tried so many things to fix this computer and I want to try something else Also please excuse me if I use incorrect names for something For Example SPEED HELP PLEASE CPU HIGH If i get programs services and processes wrong And again pardon my English Dell Inspiron M Laptop Ok so I think my problem was --- svchost exe --- I saw this when HIGH CPU SPEED HELP PLEASE I downloaded --- resource monitor --- which i feel like would be a good tool if i knew how to use it There will be a picture of svchost exe netsvcs as a program running Please Open Picture The problem is as you can see if the picture i attached is open that It is taking all my cpu speed If you would look at the Red circle that is the process I think And idk what I circled with blue All I know is if HIGH CPU SPEED HELP PLEASE i end process tree to svchost exe netsvcs I dont know what happens to them but I know when Svchost exe netsvcs comes back up after i end it the area where I circled the scroll bar becomes increasingly smaller Meaning I guess more and more things are coming back up under the svchost exe netsvcs making it use more cpu speed Idk like I said im not good with computers I will post my my dxdiag info as well AND IMPORTANT I Think this is very important About days ago I was stopping processes in Resource moniter and my Cpu finally came to an about - cpu speed high and low at idle I was happy but I was waiting for something to come back up NOTHING DID D So My game I play ran soooo smooth smoother than I ever remember Soooo I said to myself im not going to turn off my computer because I am afraid it will come back I just put my computer in hibernate for days However I turned it off forgetting about the issue Than my computer is laggy at start up and the dang thing is taking up all my cpu speed I Would be happy if i can just deo what I did before and have it to where its stopped until i re-startup I dont care if i have to do it everyday So witth this info what should be my next step in solving my problem EDIT When I suspend svchost exe Netsvcs My cpu speed drops down so fast when when it comes back up its - the whole time

A:HIGH CPU SPEED HELP PLEASE

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following checkboxes:
  List last 10 Event Viewer log
  List Installed Programs
  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.

Click Go and paste the content into your next post.

Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/501386/high-cpu-speed-help-please/
Relevancy 50.31%

I just got a usb mass starage device i think thats what its called(flash drive) and when i plug it in it says that I need a High Speed Usb controller host(for it ti perform faster of course) I cant do this unless i have a high speed usb port right? Sorry i am so stupid?

A:High Speed USB

Plug it into another USB port.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/high-speed-usb-219583.html