Windows Support Forum

Help with nv4_disp infinite loop BSOD

Q: Help with nv4_disp infinite loop BSOD

Hey everyone I m back with another problem This time it s in my personal laptop So about weeks ago a friend of mine installed GB RAM into my nv4_disp Help BSOD infinite loop with laptop After a couple of days with the RAM I turned on my laptop and find my screen flashing red Parts of the screen were pixeled red After backing up my files through safe mode I brought the computer to the college tech support They figured Help with nv4_disp infinite loop BSOD it s a driver problem so they updated my video driver Into what I cannot remember The problem randomly appeared and that forced me to format and start fresh So a new problem arose As the title suggested I randomly get the nv disp infinite loop BSOD Sometimes Help with nv4_disp infinite loop BSOD my screen would just freeze and not do anything Sometimes the screen flashes Help with nv4_disp infinite loop BSOD but I can still move my mouse pointer And it hasn t really been too friendly when I open the only two games I have in my computer in an attempt to see how bad the damage is I looked up some solutions online which included uninstalling and reinstalling drivers After a few attempts of that with the update the NVIDIA website provided I rolled back my driver into driver version So here are some things about my computer Model Dell Latitude D System Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack Computer Intel R Core TM Duo CPU t GHz GHz with GB of RAM Driver Details Currently NVIDIA Quadro NVS M Driver Version Personally I wouldn t mind this problem But I have a final project for a class where I need a video presentation and I am using Pinnacle Studio I m not sure if it s just me being retarded and missing a driver to install but I m pretty sure I reinstalled everything after formatting my computer Any help is greatly appreciated If any more information is needed please tell me so I can attempt to provide you with correct information not completely tech savvy for a computer engineering major ironically nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Help with nv4_disp infinite loop BSOD

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Help with nv4_disp infinite loop BSOD

First of all you have to make sure that the 667 memory and the nvidia driver is compatible with your Dell laptops model, and you should use the Nvidia video and chipset driver from Dell and not from the nvidia site. You can up the shared video memory to 256MB maximum

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-nv4_disp-infinite-loop-bsod.137089/
Relevancy 83.39%

I have been trying to play Half-Life 2, but at certain loading screens, it throws me the nv4_disp infinite loop error. Here is my specs:

Dell XPS 400
Pentium D 2.8 GHz
1GB Ram
GeForce 6800 Note: I tried all the latest drivers! I am currently at an earlier version.
Plenty HDD space
WinXP MCE

Thanks

Relevancy 104.49%

Hi all

I have just reformatted my hard drive and installed all windows update. I'm trying to install drivers for my nvidia 7950 GX2. No matter what driver version I try, when I reboot the PC freezes at desktop and i get a BSOD telling me that nv4_disp is caught in an infinite loop. Sometimes it reboots and the monitor just turns off. There is no software on the PC at all aprt from windows updates.

I've used driver cleaner pro after every driver uninstall to no joy. PC boots fine in safe mode. The PC has been working fine for years and I cannot see why this should suddenly start happening as I have not added any hardware lately.

System:

Windows XP Home Edition
AMD FX-57
MSI Neo4 F
1 gb OZR DDR 2 ram
XFX 7950 GX2 XXX Edition
140 GB Raptor

Relevancy 104.49%

System Summary Dell Precision Workstation Windows XP Pro up to date PROCESSORS K GHZ K EA U CARD CIRCUIT GRAPHICS NV loop nv4_disp,infinite ELGA HARD DRIVE GB I K MEGB MAXTOR APOLLO I just spent two days with Dell service trying to fix this They finally gave up and said to reinstall XP Since attempting to install the Verizon Internet Security Suite I can t install NVidia display drivers that should work with my system which came with an NVidia Quadro FX Which wouldn t be a big deal but now display response is delayed slow and jerky The VGA gives me the resolution I want but that s about all Why do I need to load NVidia display drivers Ah thereby hangs the tale Sequence nv4_disp,infinite loop of events a Downloaded Verizon Internet Security Suite a Zer Knowledge application b Disabled Norton Anti-virus and turned off Ad-Aware Anti-spy c Attempt to install Verizon software which won t tells me to uninstall Ad-Aware and Norton d Uninstalled Ad-Aware and Norton e Successful Verizon Install quot You must restart etc quot f Restart monitor shows Dell splash screen Windows splash screen blank screen quot POWER SAVE quot g Monitor shuts off nv4_disp,infinite loop Keyboard and mouse don t work Power Button doesn t work have to turn off computer at surge arrestor It gets better a Restart same monitor activity as f above but then b Blue Screen comes on with a long error message to paraphrase Problem detected Windows has shut down to prevent damage to your computer BAD POOL CALLER STOP x C x CD x x FED C Disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software disable BIOS memory options caching or shadowing restart with F in safe mode Try last known good configuration Beginning dump of physical memory Physical Memory dump complete Contact system admininstrator for further assistance This time the power button worked So power on same sequence as above but with a different problem identified Blue screen error message states to paraphrase Problem detected Windows has shut down to prevent damage to your computer nv disp STOP x EA x x B xF CBC x nv disp got stuck in an infinite loop Beginning dump of physical memory Physical Memory dump complete Contact system admininstrator for further assistance Tried quot Last known good configuration quot No good Same results as above Can only start Windows in quot safe mode quot if the NVidia software is installed This continues to be the case after every work around tried i e booted from XP CD did a quot Repair Windows quot ran CHKDSK which quot found and fixed one or more errors on the volume quot implemented various quot system restore quot configs quot Your system could not be restored to etc quot removed Nvidia and re-installed drivers from hard drive removed Nvidia and tried to re-install drivers from Dell Drivers and Utilities CD removed Nvidia and re-installed drivers from XP CD removed NVidia and re-installed drivers from Microsoft removed NVidia and re-installed drivers from Dell booted to diagnostic partition ran Complete Video Hardware tests all passed ran msconfig disabled all services So now I ve left the NVidia uninstalled and am able to start and run XP normally but with the handicaps first described Also the quot Found New Hardware quot referring to the video card Wizard box comes up every time XP starts The Verizon software never installed in spite of the quot successfully installed quot message as in e above so I reinstalled it Successfully this time Just ran a virus scan and a spy scan with the Verizon software Virus Scan found C Documents and Settings User Application Data Sun Java Deployment cache javapi v count jar- dbcfe d- b c zip and C Documents and Settings User Application Data Sun Java Deployment cache javapi v count jar- dbcfe d- b c zip and Anti-Spy found a quot Black Box quot application C Documents and Settings User Application Data Sun Java Deployment cache javapi v bde - f c zip dummy class which I had it delete It also found spyware but none of them is on the current... Read more

Relevancy 104.49%

I recently posted a topic about this error and through that have found a solution however in order to do that solution i need some help solving this new problem.

When i power on my computer it goes through the boot sequence but instead of showing the desktop the monitor blacks out and eventually turns blue warning me of the error. What i need is a way to load up in safe mode without having access to the desktop. When prompted to start the computer in safe mode or last good configuration my computer fails to recognize my keyboard and i can't do anything but wait for the cycle of failure to begin again.

Is there any solution to this problem?

A:infinite loop nv4_disp

Ew. Your problem is aweful. As I say to many, Would you be interested in Kubuntu? Go to www.kubuntu.org.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/262859/infinite-loop-nv4-disp/
Relevancy 103.63%

My computer will only run in safe mode When I try to start it an issue infinite nv4_disp an Having with loop up in normal mode it takes nearly minutes to get to the log in screen usually Having an issue with an infinite loop nv4_disp takes less than seconds When it does get to the log in screen the screen will flash on and off with the mouse freezing Occasionally it will start to show my desktop items but the log in screen doesn't disappear Eventually the BOSD appears once it stayed up long enough for me to read the infinite loop message which is where I am getting nv disp from I had a similar problem last year Thinking it was caused by a hack I reloaded the system Everything worked fine until I installed the display drivers for the s Then the Having an issue with an infinite loop nv4_disp screen started flashing off Pulling one card and then the other showed what I thought to be a bad card Now I am thinking it was this issue I only have one display card in my system even though it is SLI capable Recently within the last week I installed Age of Conan Office Having an issue with an infinite loop nv4_disp XP Excel Word and power point The entire Nvidia driver package several microsoft updates A friend of mine also was doing some tweaking in the Nvidia control panel to try and improve the performance of Age of Conan The computer had ran fine after all of that The last changes that I know of were made two days ago I tried running a beta fix from Nvidia It seemed to install instantaneously so I am not sure it worked It closes the RX memory register in BIOS When that didn't work I tried quot Load optimized defaults in your BIOS and do not modify memory settings quot The only updates from microsoft that I didn't install were related to programs that I haven't put on my computer If you think I should install them I will I am thinking of uninstalling the display driver and see what happens But I will wait until after work tomorrow If there hasn't been a response by then I'll edit the post with what happens Windows XP Professional Service Pack build bit Install Language English United States System Locale English United States Installed PM No details available Processor a gigahertz AMD Athlon X Dual Core -bit ready Multi-core total Not hyper-threaded Main Circuit Board b It is an MSI board I am not sure of the exact model I can search for the papers if you need this info new USB Storage Use in past Days mouse over last used for details Last Used Generic USB CF Reader -- drive s n F D B rev PM Generic USB MS Reader -- drive s n F D B rev PM Generic USB SD Reader -- drive s n F D B rev PM Generic USB SM Reader -- drive s n F D B rev PM new Hosted Virtual Machines mouse over name for details None discovered Drives new drive encryption Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space LITE-ON DVDRW LH- A P Optical drive Generic USB CF Reader USB Device Hard drive -- drive Generic USB MS Reader USB Device Hard drive -- drive Generic USB SD Reader USB Device Hard drive -- drive Generic USB SM Reader USB Device Hard drive -- drive WDC WD JS- MHB Hard drive GB -- drive s n WD-WCANMC rev E SMART Status Healthy Memory Modules c d Megabytes Usable Installed Memory Local Drive Volumes new volume encryption c NTFS on drive GB GB free h NTFS on drive GB GB free j NTFS on drive GB GB free Operating System is installed on c Network Drives None discovered Users mouse over user name for details local user accounts last logon SAMAXE PM UpdatusUser PM local system accounts Administrator never admin ASPNET never Guest never HelpAssistant never SUPPORT a never Marks a disabled account Marks a locked account Printers None discovered Controllers NVIDIA nForce Serial ATA Controller x Primary IDE Channel Controller Secondary IDE Channel Controller Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller Display NVIDIA GeForce GS Display adapter Bus Adapters Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller Multimedia Realtek AC... Read more

A:Having an issue with an infinite loop nv4_disp

The BSOD is caused by your nVidia Display driver, in Safe Mode, uninstall the driver and restart. Windows will load the default VGA driver then download the most recent driver, if that fails, roll back the driver to one that was working.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/having-an-issue-with-an-infinite-loop-nv4_disp-595893.html
Relevancy 103.63%

Hello I loop in an Nv4_disp stuck infinite have a nVidia Geforce GT and lately I Nv4_disp stuck in an infinite loop ve experienced an interesting problem If I try to play a game watch a dvd or use the computer too long something along the lines of the screenshot will happen No this isn t from my computer or even a game I ve played but this is what it looks I will either be forced to reboot or get Nv4_disp stuck in an infinite loop a blue screen which occasionally says there s an error with quot nv disp quot or quot nv disp all quot When the computer comes back I ll recieve an error saying the display drivers were caught in an infinite loop Last night after the computers colors went bad and I had to reboot I could t get to the desktop without getting the blue screen This happened numerous times When I finally got to the desktop I recieved the serious error again saying the drivers were caught in an infinite loop I ve unistalled and reinstalled the display drivers and even had the video card replaced I really don t know what to do anymore And sorry but I m not THAT computer savvy but this is the best I can explain it Thank you Oh and I have a Dell XPS Dimension XPS nbsp

A:Nv4_disp stuck in an infinite loop

Are you running XP or Vista?

First thing I would try is uninstalling the video drivers the normal way (i.e. Add/Remove Programs) and then running Driver Sweeper, which is available for free. This handy tool will completely clean out the existing video driver files and then you can do a fresh reinstall of the drivers downloaded from www.nvidia.com once you have rebooted. Reboot again after the installation is complete and the try running a game for at least an hour.

If the blue screen or error message(s) appear again, you might want to look into updating your chipset drivers, which are for the motherboard and are usually found on the Dell site in your case. There is also the possibility that the card is overheating. 8800GTs, depending on which model, can run quite hot especially whilst gaming. If I were you, I would download RivaTuner to monitor GPU temps and adjust the card's fan speed manually. This way, you can run the fan up higher before playing games and hopefully the heat levels will be suppressed.

Worst case scenario is the card's vRAM is corrupt. This is quite rare but we've seen it before, even on replacement cards! In that case, your best bet would be to find something else or have it serviced.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nv4_disp-stuck-in-an-infinite-loop.133965/
Relevancy 103.63%

ok so im running the 71.89 cause i hear only bad things about the 72 drivers i have a nvidia 5900 not the SE edition. Anyways I'm having problems with the dreaded nv4_disp caught in an infinite loop blue screen. I stoped overclocking the card and still this happens not often but it does still happen at the same rate which it once in a while. I heard that they came up with a fix for the 6800 series but is there any fix for the geforce 5000 series but more specificly the 5900?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/another-nv4_disp-infinite-loop-problem.28590/
Relevancy 102.34%

When I am running d applications I am getting at random intervals NMI memory parity check errors and an accompanying BSOD When I infinite error NV4_disp and NMI/Parity loop run non- d applications I get at somewhat less frequent intervals a screen that flicks to black flicks normal flicks to black normal stops updating the normal screen properly flicks black normal etc-- and occasionally dumps me in an NV disp NMI/Parity error and NV4_disp infinite loop dll infinite loop error BSOD Dell has been absolutely no help at all I've updated my drivers and my BIOS defragged and chkdsk'd reset the BIOS settings reseated and ultimately replaced my RAM tweaked my pagefile size ran the supposed NV loopfix software cleaned my registry spent countless hours talking to tech support-- basically everything but replacing the Motherboard Video Card or wiping the HD I am running a DELL Inspiron E laptop with an Intel T GHZ with megs of RAM and GB HD running Windows XP-Media Center Edition My Video Card is a NVIDIA GeForce Go GS Running Forceware Please please help it's been getting steadily worse for two months and I'm quite at my wits' end

A:NMI/Parity error and NV4_disp infinite loop

Quote:

and occasionally dumps me in an NV4_disp.dll infinite loop error BSOD

Thats the video card driver giving you problems, have a look here and if you try another video driver I would use driver cleaner as mentioned in the thread

http://www.techsupportforum.com/

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/nmi-parity-error-and-nv4_disp-infinite-loop-136665.html
Relevancy 101.05%

Ok, I have solved "MY" nv4 loop error .

It is not a software fix however.

After I and most people have tried every fix out there, I decided to go to the root of the problem. The memory.
I ran boot up with each DIMM alone. I use 3 1gb OCZ 6400's .
2 of these DIMM's ran any program that crashed before with no problem, only 1 did not. Further I ran the 2 DIMM's together and no more error.

I have heard that there is an issue with the 680i motherboards giving incorrect voltage to memory or that it reads incorrect voltage . In either case on memory module is bad. While I consider this a final troubleshoot victory , it isnt cheap. But none the less im happy with the outcome.

I hope this helps anyone who hasnt found answers. If this works for you let me know, and thanks to all who tried to help.

Comments appreciated

Tommy

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-nv4_disp-infinite-loop-680i-and-nvidia-mbs.787060/
Relevancy 101.05%

After I and most people have tried every fix out there, I decided to go to the root of the problem. The memory.
2 of these DIMM's ran any program that crashed before with no problem, only 1 did not. Further I ran the 2 DIMM's together and no more error.

I have heard that there is an issue with the 680i motherboards giving incorrect voltage to memory or that it reads incorrect voltage . In either case on memory module is bad. While I consider this a final troubleshoot victory , it isnt cheap. But none the less im happy with the outcome.

I hope this helps anyone who hasnt found answers. If this works for you let me know, and thanks to all who tried to help.

Comments appreciated

Tommy

A:Solved: nv4_disp infinite loop 680i and nvidia mb's

Comments appreciated

Tommy

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-nv4_disp-infinite-loop-680i-and-nvidia-mbs.787053/
Relevancy 100.19%

ok this problem started suddenly after a yr of 7950 infinite card nv4_disp loop Solved: video for no problems and great performance nothing is overclocked or stressed and memory timings are conservative the only thing that is not is a very slight increase in memory voltage i have tried basic standard voltage setting as well as slightly higher settings basically a game or anything using d or direct x causes the problem at first i got a hang and total system freeze had no error or bsod specifically the game was FSX sp also occured with command and conquer red Solved: nv4_disp infinite loop for 7950 video card alert and sins of a solar empire additionaly dmark did the same thing specifically the games or program would load fine but once it started the first screen or opening graphic it just freezes the entire system i have to reboot via reset button and windows load just fine only d programs or games does this no bsod until last night i finally got the nv disp infinite loop error I have pretty much tried all the common ways to fix it the start up in my computer has always been very clean only essential windows programs load at startup and i always check it every week again has worked perfectly for a yr now this happened over night i have updated all drivers regardless of wether i have the latest because driver can become corrupted also did complete uninstals and thoroughly cleaned and reinstalled as well as hard boots before trying a game again i also have always monitored temps in critical areas as well as general temps all are very good temps no overclocking and conservative settings i have not installed anything new in months no settings have been changed in months all worked well till last night i have also tried updating direct x and monitor drivers just to be sure additionally i have cleaned and installed older drivers just in case so far nothing has worked if anyone has any suggestions i would be very thankful the next step i can think of is taking one memory bank out at a time and testing each one seperatly if i can narrow it down to a memory dimm i could test to see if it solves the problem also i can take one video card out and test each seperatly if niether helps i can also rearrange memory and video cards i have noticed that sometimes you can rearrange whats plugged in and even gently clean out the inside and restart and sometimes it will work aside from that any help is GREATLY appreciated here is a basic list of components - Intel Quad cpu EVGA i SLi motherboard with x pcie slots GB of OCZ Platinum series ram i chipset allows for gigabit lan connections - GB serial ata hard drives on raid - XFX Nvidia GT Extreme video cards at gb memory each connected together via SLi quot flat widescreen monitor at x resolution Sony DVD all formats writer with lightscribe surround sound with speaker Bose setup aluminum anologue guage case watt ocz power supply with video card power plugs Tommynatl nbsp

Relevancy 100.19%

When I am running d applications I am getting at random intervals NMI memory parity check errors and an accompanying BSOD When Check infinite Parity NV4_disp loop NMI/Memory and error I run non- d applications I get at somewhat less NMI/Memory Check Parity error and NV4_disp infinite loop frequent intervals a screen that flicks to black flicks normal flicks to black normal stops updating the normal screen properly flicks black normal etc-- and occasionally dumps me in an NV disp dll infinite loop error BSOD Dell has been absolutely no help at all I ve updated my drivers and my BIOS defragged and chkdsk d reset the BIOS settings reseated and ultimately replaced my RAM tweaked my pagefile size ran the supposed NV loopfix software cleaned my registry spent countless hours talking to tech support-- basically everything but replacing the Motherboard Video Card or wiping the HD NMI/Memory Check Parity error and NV4_disp infinite loop I am running a NMI/Memory Check Parity error and NV4_disp infinite loop DELL Inspiron E laptop with an Intel T GHZ with megs of RAM and GB HD running Windows XP-Media Center Edition My Video Card is a NVIDIA GeForce Go GS Running Forceware Please please help it s been getting steadily worse for two months and I m quite at my wits end nbsp

Relevancy 90.73%

As far as I know this has been an age-old problem with nVidia graphics chipsets having problems with the standard drivers I recently upgraded from a driver Loop" NV4_DISP causing "Infinite GeForce MX MX not the the to an Xmdia Geforce FX The card is nice and fast and runs X The Threat www egosoft com NV4_DISP driver causing "Infinite Loop" very smoothly and sharply but when I tried to run Rollercoaster Tycoon it did two things The first thing that happened was when it got to the main menu everything but the buttons and the slideshow background appeared the music started and the mouse was responsive I kept clicking around and pressing escape because it doesn t ever wait like that NV4_DISP driver causing "Infinite Loop" After about maybe - seconds it quit to desktop saying quot The driver nv disp is not functioning properly and has been shut down Please restart your computer and a log of this error will be generated to be sent to Microsoft quot The screen was color with x So I reboot and send the error report I start the game up again and the same thing happens in the main menu except that it crashes with a BSOD saying quot nv disp dll encountered an infinite loop quot I then restarted and installed the latest drivers from nVidia the driver I was running was from Xmdia s CD which looked like an older driver from about - Now Rollercoaster Tycoon s behavior is like this The main menu still pauses for a time but then it appears with the slideshow images and buttons but the button images appear corrupted and the game is responsive for about - seconds then it waits and becomes responsive it keeps doing that I was able to get the two minidumps of the problem they both have the same error code but not the same filesize and a screenshot of the main menu with buttons If anyone could help me I would extremely appreciate it nbsp

A:NV4_DISP driver causing "Infinite Loop"

In a situation like this, I would consult nvidia re this. As well, you might try older drivers for the 5500.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nv4_disp-driver-causing-infinite-loop.33070/
Relevancy 76.97%

Today I started up my laptop and on the splash screen it says quot Scanning and repairing drives quot so I'm like why not After waiting for hours it was stuck at and I'm really rushed for time to do my work so I forced shutdown my laptop by holding the power button What I didn't know is that now the laptop has gone into an infinite BSOD loop where the ASUS splash screen loads for a couple of seconds then immediately flashes second of the BSOD screen BSOD loop chkdsk Infinite after and restarts then the whole thing repeats indefinitely After restarting a few times I managed to catch a glimpse of the error its quot NTFS FILE SYSTEM quot What's bad is that I don't have a Windows bootable CD and even with that I realised that I can't find my Windows key anywhere I don't want to have to reformat the computer by bringing it to the service centre because my data is all there and I don't have any backups Unless during the reformat my D drive is kept safe What do I do EDIT My system specs ASUS N VZ Windows -bit Intel Core i - QM GHz GB RAM Nvidia Geforce GT M

A:Infinite BSOD loop after chkdsk

Try this free hard drive diagnostic: Hard Drive Diagnostic Procedure
If you have difficulties running it, please post back and we'll attempt to walk you through it (booting from a CD/DVD with UEFI can be a bit daunting).

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/26048-infinite-bsod-loop-after-chkdsk.html
Relevancy 76.97%

Hello I've been having a problem with my Dell Dimension i where I receive a BSOD saying that nv disp dll has been caught in an infinite loop When the loop BSOD infinite NV4disp.dll computer re-boots the monitor will go into auto-power save mode I can still log in with safe mode with networking I've tried re-installing the driver from the Nvidea website which works for a little while and then the BSOD comes back and it starts all over I've noticed that when I uninstall the old driver in safe mode I can then log into windows normally but it is really slow and it blacks BSOD NV4disp.dll infinite loop out occasionally and has funny BSOD NV4disp.dll infinite loop blips out of place pixels in the display Then I reinstall the new driver re-start and it works for a little while I've also tried selectively deleting all the old Nvidea files before re-installation using the search box Does this sound like I need to replace the graphics card And would anyone know if I can actually do this with a Dell Dimension i I've read that the card might be integrated but I don't know how to check To my knowledge I haven't done any updates or installs that would affect the display driver I know it's an BSOD NV4disp.dll infinite loop old computer but I'd like to fix it if I can Thanks Very much Below is my system information OS Win XP Home Build System Model Dell Dimension i Bios Phoenix Rom Bios Plus Version A Graphics Card Nvidea Geoforce Fx The error message A problem has been detected and Windows has shut down to prevent damage to your computer The problem seems to be caused by the following file nv disp If this is the first time you've seen this Stop error screen restart your computer If this screen appears again follow these steps The device driver got stuck in an infinite loop This usually indicates problem with the device itself or with the device driver programming the hardware incorrectly Please check with your hardware device vendor for any driver updates Technical Information STOP x EA x A A x x A CAD x nv disp Beginning dump of physical memory Physical memory dump complete Contact system administrator or technical support group for further assistance

Relevancy 76.97%

Hello all I've been having trouble with my machine for the past few months it's about months old now and I've been getting all kinda of errors I've read the posting suggestions but I'm having a bit of trouble getting what you need Here's a brief history Skip until the next set of parenthesis to get to my current issue I'm posting these prior issues in case it is helpful Built my machine and eventually had performance problems with startup, at loop. infinite BSOD a Linksys wireless adapter which soon evolved into getting BSOD errors From what I can gather it was driver BSOD at startup, infinite loop. issues I ended up with a fresh install of windows on a new HDD in the end without the card This solved all BSOD issues temporarily After a few weeks I started to get more BSODs with what seemed to be RAM issues I tested the RAM with Memtest for hours with no issues but none of the solutions I tried would work Frustrated I pulled a stick of ram and BSOD at startup, infinite loop. everything fixed and stayed that way for several weeks Blue screens and hangs stopped for about a week after the new memory was installed before they picked back up This time I went on a limb and followed someone's idea online that re-seating my processor may be the way to go I did all that and no issues for three days no problems until now Important Note During most of all the times that I had BSOD issues my computer would frequently refuse to post to BIOS I do not have a case speaker to hear beep codes so I would leave it for a few hours and try again and would usually get it back up and running within an hour or two if I remember correctly these stopped when I replaced my RAM Current issue is here I'm in a loop I cant get out of I get a BSOD right after my windows logo during startup I get a brief flash of a blue screen and it immediately restarts the same thing happens in safe mode and booting from a disk Choosing Startup repair option gets me this blue screen NTFS SYS PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA Stop x oxfffff e x oxfffff c adac x Ntfs sys - Address FFFFF c adac Base at fffff c Datestamp a bc f FULL System specs ASUS M A TD Evo Mobo AMD Phenom II BE CPU Original GB Corsair XMS mhz - - - Memory Current GB GSkill Ripjaws mhz - - - Memory Sapphire HD Graphics card WD GB Caviar Black mb Cache SATA drives one not in use Removed no drivers installed Linksys WMP N Wireless networking card Corsair HX PSU Corsair T Chassis I do have the computer I'm posting on to test I also build this one but for my significant other She has the same mobo a Phenom II and same video card Different case memory HDD case and PSU Thanks for any help Tell me what you need me to do to get this thread a lt SOLVED gt Tag

A:BSOD at startup, infinite loop.

Quote: Originally Posted by Jt3n

Hello all, I've been having trouble with my machine for the past few months, it's about 6 months old now and I've been getting all kinda of errors. I've read the posting suggestions but I'm having a bit of trouble getting what you need. Here's a brief history...

(Skip until the next set of parenthesis to get to my current issue, I'm posting these prior issues in case it is helpful.)

Built my machine and eventually had performance problems with a Linksys wireless adapter which soon evolved into getting BSOD errors. From what I can gather it was driver issues, I ended up with a fresh install of windows on a new HDD in the end, without the card. This solved all BSOD issues temporarily.

After a few weeks I started to get more BSODs with what seemed to be RAM issues. I tested the RAM with Memtest 86+ for 12 hours with no issues but none of the solutions I tried would work. Frustrated I pulled a stick of ram and everything fixed and stayed that way for several weeks. Blue screens and hangs stopped for about a week after the new memory was installed before they picked back up.

This time I went on a limb and followed someone's idea online that re-seating my processor may be the way to go. I did all that and no issues for three days, no problems until now.

Important Note: During most of all the times that I had BSOD issues, my computer would frequently refuse to post to BIOS. I do not have a case speaker to hear beep codes so I would leave it for a few hours and try again and would usually get it back up and running within an hour or two, if I remember correctly these stopped when I replaced my RAM.

(Current issue is here)

I'm in a loop I cant get out of. I get a BSOD right after my windows logo during startup. I get a brief flash of a blue screen, and it immediately restarts, the same thing happens in safe mode and booting from a disk. Choosing Startup repair option gets me this blue screen:

NTFS.SYS

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

Stop: 0x0000050 (oxfffff881046e0000, 0x00000000000000000, oxfffff88001c1adac, 0x0000000000000005)

Ntfs.sys - Address FFFFF88001c1adac Base at fffff88001c16000, Datestamp 4a5bc14f

FULL System specs:
ASUS M4A87TD Evo: Mobo
AMD Phenom II 955 BE: CPU
(Original) 4GB Corsair XMS3 1600mhz 9-9-9-24: Memory
(Current) 4GB GSkill Ripjaws 1333mhz 7-7-7-21: Memory
Sapphire HD5770: Graphics card
(2) WD 640GB Caviar Black 64mb Cache SATA3 drives, one not in use.
(Removed, no drivers installed) Linksys WMP600N: Wireless networking card
Corsair HX750: PSU
Corsair 600T: Chassis

I do have the computer I'm posting on to test, I also build this one but for my significant other. She has the same mobo, a Phenom II 965, and same video card. Different case, memory, HDD, case and PSU.

Thanks for any help! Tell me what you need me to do to get this thread a <SOLVED!> Tag.

If you can boot into safe mode (F8) please upload the DMP files.

To enable us to assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder.

The procedure:

* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.

To ensure minidumps are enabled:

Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
OK your way out.
Reboot if changes have been made.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/169342-bsod-startup-infinite-loop.html
Relevancy 76.97%

hi all Recently i have been having problems with my geforce gt agp video card In games mostly ut k after a while the computer will freeze for about seconds then crash with a bsod saying that my video bsod loop 6600gt with Infinite driver was caught in an Infinite loop bsod with 6600gt infinite loop I am using driver version These drivers use to work perfectly with this card I have been using them for months and had no problems until recently I heard that these are the best drivers for this card I tried reinstalling the video drivers which worked for about an hour but then it crashed again After uninstalling the drivers i made sure every trace of the old install was gone by using driver cleaner pro so the drivers shouldn t be corrupt or conflicting with something Ive also tried other driver versions but they had the same issues The card does not seem to be overheating At the time it crashed the temp measured degrees Could this be an issue with my video card Could it have something wrong with it Or am i overlooking something here Thanks Nissanman nbsp

A:Infinite loop bsod with 6600gt

If you've already tried Driver Cleaner Pro, perhaps giving Driver Sweeper a try might produce better results. It's a very similar program, but I've used it many times and I've found, on some occasions, it to work a little better than Cleaner. Have you recently patched the game or downloaded any additional content for it. Have you tried reinstalling the game? 66 degrees is a little toasty, but it shouldn't crash the card unless the thermal is starting to lose its heat dissipation. You could always reapply some thermal compound, like Arctic Silver, to the core and see what happens. If you have the fan running at stock speeds, you can download RivaTuner to adjust it during games. Usually, a game will start to lag a bit, there may be some artifacts, and then it will quit if the video card is overheating. A BSOD is usually the product of misconfigured or incompatible software (i.e. the display driver). In your case, it's the configuration.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/infinite-loop-bsod-with-6600gt.124560/
Relevancy 76.11%

I did a teardown of my Windows machine to clean all the parts and Infinite Error Various BSOD Codes Loop, do some cable management and Infinite BSOD Loop, Various Error Codes when I reassembled and restarted I had some issues It started with a corrupted RAM BSOD so I cleaned the connector pins on the RAM sticks with alcohol Then I couldn't get a video output to my monitor Eventually I got it to work and boot and made it to the start screen Then the first BSOD happened I don't remember the error code It restarted made it past post then another Then another and another and another I inserted my Windows bootable USB drive and attempted to boot to it nope I cleared the CMOS on my ram swapped ram stick positions ran a memOK test The test came back OK I unplugged the sata cable with my one and only drive SSD booted to the USB drive and it worked Reformatted reinstalled made it to start screen and BSOD Loop I know it seems like this could be a hardware issue but all of this hardware was working fine before I did the teardown I rechecked all of my work after I started getting this post-reassemble errors Everything checks out I'm not really sure what to do Infinite BSOD Loop, Various Error Codes nor can I post a crash log due to the fact that I can't make it to the desktop or if I can I'm only there for Infinite BSOD Loop, Various Error Codes a few seconds Any help would be greatly appreciated Thank you for your time Some of the BSOD codes I've caught thus far KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED SYSTEM SERVICE ERROR ATTEMPTED WRITE TO READONLY MEMORY IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION ATTEMPTED EXECUTE OF NO EXECUTE MEMORY KERNAL AUTO BOOST INVALID LOCK RELEASE xc a Eventually I will get a RecEnv exe - Application Error The intrusction at x FFA C referenced memory at x The memory could not be written Click on OK to terminate the program Updates I've run a chkdsk through the command prompt found in troubleshooting tools in the USB Boot drive Everything comes up green though I do get a 'failed to transfer logged messages to the vent log with status ' though I understand this to be normal when running a chkdsk from the troubleshooting place I'm becoming more convinced it is a hardware issue ---- I've now attempted to run the system with one stick of RAM Swapping the sticks and trying all variation of stick and in slot A and B one at a time Blue screens are continuing With one combination I received error winlogon exe - Application Error The instruction at x FF F CDD E referenced memory at xFFFFFFFFFFFFFF The memory could not be written Either both of my ram sticks are fried though they do not appear damaged in any way or it's my mother board I don't know how this could've happened as when I cleaned it I just used compressed air

A:Infinite BSOD Loop, Various Error Codes

Is the firmware of your SSD updated? (I know this might be a question you can't answer)

Diagnostic Test

RAM TEST

Run MemTest86+ to analyse your RAM. MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

Note

MemTest86+ needs to be run for at least 8 complete passes for conclusive results. Set it running before you go to bed and leave it overnight. We're looking for zero errors here. Even a single error will indicate RAM failure.

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/41415-infinite-bsod-loop-various-error-codes.html
Relevancy 76.11%

A few months ago my nVidia graphics card began to crash to blue screen while playing certain games saying that nv disp dll was stuck in an BSoD ati2dvag constant loop infinite infinite loop It eventually turned out that it was overheating and has since burnt out so I ve switched to my onboard ATI Radeon graphics card After installing the newest CCC version with drivers in January I experience the same problem as with my old card driver caught in an infinite loop with the ati dvag dll however now the BSoD s are not restricted to gameplay and happen during normal seemingly non-intensive computer usage With CCC and ATI drivers installed and active I cannot preform a search in windows edit options in certain programs or constant ati2dvag infinite loop BSoD have too many different programs active at one time The error is always ati dvag is stuck in an infinite loop though the minidumps show the cause being THREAD STUCK IN DEVICE DRIVER hal dll Most of the time the minidumps freeze while dumping and never complete so I don t have any with the ati dvag error I ve tried downloading the newest CCC drivers as well as the Radeon Omega drivers but the problem persists I m unable to determine the cause and none of the solutions I ve read of online and tried have worked At the moment I ve got all my ATI drivers uninstalled and the problem appears to be gone so it seems that it is the ATI drivers causing the problem Attached is a text dump of one of the minidumps and a picture of one of the blue screens The pink square present in the attached image is present in almost every Blue screen I ve gotten EDIT I tried disabling services and renabling one by one When I have the themes service active I get BSoD Without that active so far I haven t had it happen again Can anyone think of a reason why Themes would be causing this My most recent bluescreen tech info line STOP x EA x CDE x AABFA xB EBCBC x nbsp

Relevancy 76.11%

Hello I've been fighting with a rather persistent BSOD on my PC for some time now and I feel like I've exhausted what I can do with my own skillset and am hoping someone here might be able to help Here's the situation for the last several months my PC has been suffering a Device caught in infinite loop BSOD across Infinite Persistent Extremely - Loop BSOD a multiple of programs VLC media player has Infinite Loop BSOD - Extremely Persistent set it off once or twice but the overwhelming majority of the time has been various PC games Company of Heroes crashes at the end of every game Infinite Loop BSOD - Extremely Persistent Rome Total War crashes after about half an hour though some like Battlefield work no problem there doesn't seem to be much rhyme nor reason to to the crashes but they are very consistent Now I know the usual culprits especially considering it's audio visual programs which are causing this and have purged and reinstalled the most up-to-date drives I can get my hands on In particular I wiped some old left-over drivers from previous hardware using Driver Sweeper and hoped that would end the problem Alas no such luck The link below is my speccy profile I have also attached the results from MiniToolBox including devices listed with problems http speccy piriform com results aTfFk hPc VXi d yMWQj nbsp Result txt nbsp nbsp KB nbsp nbsp downloads I'm willing to wipe my PC and just go from scratch but as this is a bit of a franken-computer I'd rather avoid the hastle of getting everything working again if at all possible Additionally as these BSODs are as predictable as the tides I can easily record the specific stop errors if they would be useful just let me know and I'll spend ten minutes in Company of Heroes exit and viola blue Any help or direction would be enormously appreciated

A:Infinite Loop BSOD - Extremely Persistent

Hi Stofficus. Your last windows updates received were from 2012? Did you happen to have turned off Windows update? Service Pack 1 is also needed for your Windows Edition for compatibility issues, fixes and security patches. See also here just in case you're windows update is not functioning. Learn how to install Service Pack 1. The correct AMD driver for your video card should be downloaded from this site. Use the Custom install to select the driver only and or additional functions/features when on the harwdware setup for your video card.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/539938/infinite-loop-bsod-extremely-persistent/
Relevancy 76.11%

Ok, so I've suddenly seen lots of BSODs these few days. They often happen when I'm on certain websites scrolling (e.g. Facebook), and also happen when I try to play videos with Windows Media Player (seems no issue with VLC Player). This means the computer shutdown many times every day.

Other info:
- Windows 7 64 bit
- Dell Inspiron laptop (Purchased in 2009)
- Factory reset in Feb this year due to a different issue
- Laptop often very hot

Please help. Thanks

A:BSOD infinite loop (usually while scrolling on websites or using WMP)

Please visit Windows Update and install every update available, it may take a couple of times to get them all.

Code:
Hotfix(s): 17 Hotfix(s) Installed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/399457-bsod-infinite-loop-usually-while-scrolling-websites-using-wmp.html
Relevancy 76.11%

Let me explain my problem I have Driver - Device Infinite BSOD Loop built a custom Device Driver Infinite Loop - BSOD PC I followed all instructions for installing everything motherboard chipset drivers proper drivers for audio and video ETC This PC is designed to be a gaming PC and thus is able to run most games at high settings In some games however the audio becomes stuck and then blue screens When the screen shows up it says that my device driver got stuck in an Device Driver Infinite Loop - BSOD infinite loop and suggested that I update my drivers After a quick Google search I was able to update my video card drivers I believed the problem to be fixed and played some Device Driver Infinite Loop - BSOD games again The blue screens occurred yet again World of Warcraft has constant blue screens which makes it unplayable I do not know what I am missing or if there are OTHER drivers I need to update beside my video card There have been cases of blue screens so far but I am unable to find where the logs are kept to show what exactly went wrong I do have the MinitoolToolBox application downloaded and I am waiting on what boxes to check If you can also help me where I can find the logs from the blue screens so I can post them that would be helpful too PS I think it would also be helpful if you knew my computer specs too any idea as to post them as well Thanks TechSeda

A:Device Driver Infinite Loop - BSOD

Upload the dump files for analysis.Go toC:\Windows\minidumpUpload all those files by copying (Make sure you copy the files otherwise you will get access denied, even if you're an administrator) them to the desktop and compressing them in a single .zip folder.Or even better, upload a Kernel memory dump.Go the StartRight click My ComputerSelect PropertiesClick Advanced system settingsClick on the Advanced tabSelect Settings under Startup and RecoveryThen under Write debugging information select Kernel memory dump.Once a dump is created go to:C:\Windows\memory.dmpCopy the file to the desktop, zip it up and upload it to a file sharing site like Onedrive. After the upload is done post the download link in your next reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/562569/device-driver-infinite-loop-bsod/
Relevancy 75.68%

I have an HP mini 110-1014NR terrible virus. Once I turn on my computer It goes to the windows loading screen, then the blue screen of death after that the boot menu loads up. I've tried putting boot files on an SD card. I cant boot any of my current files such as safe mode or last known configuration. I would prefer anything free and no downloads but I am willing to do anything. I can load roxio back on track but the memory doesn't go back far enough. Please help me fix my computer

A:Hi I have an HP mini 110-1014NR with an infinite boot loop and BSOD

Reinstall the OS - Manuals for HP Mini 110-1014NR PC - HP Customer Care (United States - English)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/hi-i-have-an-hp-mini-110-1014nr-with-an-infinite-boot-loop-and-bsod-591425.html
Relevancy 75.68%

I always get my computer froozen for a moment then it turns to a stop error when I play games videos off youtube or open multiple windows applications This is what the BSOD Error says exactly except the for small red box thing at the bottom -------------------------------------------------------------------------- A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer Error Infinite BSOD Stop Loop ati2dvag The problem seems to be caused by the following file ati dvag If this is the first time you've seen this Stop error screen restart your computer If this screen appears again follow these steps This device driver got stuck in an infinite loop This usually indicates problem with the device itself or with the device BSOD Stop Error Infinite Loop ati2dvag driver programming the BSOD Stop Error Infinite Loop ati2dvag hardware incorrectly Please check with your hardware device vendor for any driver updates Technical information STOP x EA x ADF A x B xF A DCBC x ati dvag little red BSOD Stop Error Infinite Loop ati2dvag box with small white letters -------------------------------------------------------------------------- I know it has something to do with the following Video Drivers Adapter Microsoft Framework or Adobe If you have heard of this before please tell me how to fix it I have been having this extremely annoying problem for years now My ati driver is fully updated but I am afraid I may have messed up something that has caused this when I updated it because I find it difficult to believe that every update from months to years since I had this computer it would be like this If it is something else please tell me Also any programs apps you know of about drivers and bsod will help a lot I noticed the driver verifer on the top thread but that is for vista only Here are my computer specs Operating System MS Windows XP Professional -bit SP CPU Intel Core Duo E GHz C Conroe nm Technology RAM GB Dual-Channel DDR MHz - - - Motherboard Dell Inc RY Socket C Graphics DELL S WFP x Hz MB ATI Radeon HD PRO Dell Hard Drives GB Seagate ST AS SATA C Optical Drives HL-DT-ST DVD -RW GSA-H N Audio Webcam Also my start bar showed small blue boxes over the normal bar once I boot up for a few seconds Every time that is there I know I have it

A:BSOD Stop Error Infinite Loop ati2dvag

Bugcheck 0xea = driver looping

Update ATI video drivers - http://support.amd.com/us/psearch/Pa...ords=&items=20

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/bsod-stop-error-infinite-loop-ati2dvag-562030.html
Relevancy 75.68%

Hello all, This is my first time on the site, and I am having a problem with this. I have had freezes/black screens before, but this was the first time I got a BSOD (which is good, because it gives me some info). I came across this while searching for the problem, and followed the steps listed. I was also having problems with the minidump file and getting the Windows SDK Debugging Tools to install correctly. This is a custom PC that I built, and it's been running really well except for when it does this. I think it's related to sound, because it's happened during videos, and while listening to music. Here's a link to my Speccy snapshot, and attached are the results from the Minitoolbox. Let me know if you guys have any ideas. Thank you very much.

A:Device driver infinite loop problem (BSOD)

Hello and ,
These logs are better displayed with "Copy and Paste", as we have BSOD Kernel Dump Experts on the forum who may notice something.
I took your name off with only Xxxxx showing top and bottom if you were concerned..

Here's a link to my Speccy snapshot,

MiniToolBox by Farbar  Version: 07-02-2016 01
Ran by Xxxxx (administrator) on 28-02-2016 at 09:07:42  <<=Xxxxx by Jaycan to remove name (if required)
Running from "C:\Users\Xxxxx\Downloads"
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate  Service Pack 1 (X64)
Model: H170-D3HP Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
Boot Mode: Normal
========================= Flush DNS: ===================================
Windows IP Configuration
Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache.
========================= IE Proxy Settings: ==============================
Proxy is not enabled.
No Proxy Server is set.
"Reset IE Proxy Settings": IE Proxy Settings were reset.
========================= FF Proxy Settings: ==============================
"Reset FF Proxy Settings": Firefox Proxy settings were reset.
========================= Hosts content: =================================
========================= IP Configuration: ================================
Intel® Ethernet Connection (2) I219-V = Local Area Connection (Connected)
Hamachi Network Interface = Hamachi (Connected)
# ----------------------------------
# IPv4 Configuration
# ----------------------------------
pushd interface ipv4
reset
set global icmpredirects=enabled
add route prefix=0.0.0.0/0 interface="Hamachi" nexthop=25.0.0.1 publish=Yes
set interface interface="Hamachi" forwarding=disabled advertise=disabled metric=9000 siteprefixlength=0 nud=disabled routerdiscovery=disabled managedaddress=disabled otherstateful=disabled weakhostsend=disabled weakhostreceive=disabled ignoredefaultroutes=disabled advertisedrouterlifetime=0 advertisedefaultroute=disabled currenthoplimit=0 forcearpndwolpattern=disabled enabledirectedmacwolpattern=disabled
popd
# End of IPv4 configuration
Windows IP Configuration
   Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : Arnzillazor_2
   Primary Dns Suffix  . . . . . . . :
   Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid
   IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
   WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
Ethernet adapter Hamachi:
   Connection-specific DNS Suffix  . :
   Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Hamachi Network Interface
   Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 7A-79-19-21-3D-0A
   DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
   Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
   IPv6 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 2620:9b::1921:3d0a(Preferred)
   Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::8577:f8a0:ff3b:62b%13(Preferred)
   IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 25.33.61.10(Preferred)
   Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.0.0.0
   Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : Sunday, February 28, 2016 8:36:45 AM
   Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : Sunday, February 28, 2016 9:10:49 AM
   Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 2620:9b::1900:1
   DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 25.0.0.1
   DHCPv6 IAID . . . . . . . . . . . : 310016488
   DHCPv6 Client DUID. . . . . . . . : 00-01-00-01-1D-F8-24-26-40-8D-5C-55-DE-9D
   DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : fec0:0:0:ffff::1%1
                                  ... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/606684/device-driver-infinite-loop-problem-bsod/
Relevancy 75.68%

Hi guys,
My computer is repeatedly getting the BSOD with the error being "The device driver got stuck in an infinite loop."
I found a similar post on this forum an d it suggested to update video card drivers.
I've updated my video card drivers but to no avail.  The error typically happens when I play computer games, but it is happening more and more frequently.

Any suggestions?

Thanks so much

A:BSOD - Device driver stuck in infinite loop

1.  Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.
 Checkmark the following checkboxes:  List last 10 Event Viewer log  List Installed Programs  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
 Click Go and paste the content into your next post.

2.  Please download and install Speccy to provide us with information about your computer.  Clicking on this link will automatically initiate the download.  

When Speccy opens you will see a screen similar to the one below.

Click on File which is outlined in red in the screen above, and then click on Publish Snapshot.

The following screen will appear, click on Yes.

The following screen will appear, click on Copy to Clipboard.

In your next post right click inside the Reply to Topic box, then click on Paste.  This will load a link to the Speccy log.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/620382/bsod-device-driver-stuck-in-infinite-loop/
Relevancy 75.68%

Hi Everyone I am new here so forgive me if I am going about this the wrong way I am usually able to solve problems one way or another but I am at a Loop Infinite Boot On Shutdown BSOD Causing dead end and I don't know what to do at this point I have had this problem sporadically since I have built my computer but recently it has become a very regular occurrence and it has me extremely frustrated Nine out of ten times I am getting a very long quot shutting down quot screen when I try to restart or shutdown my pc and it usually results in a bluescreen Driver power state failure and a restart where I will need to start the process again Most of the time I end up having to hold the power button down to completely shut the computer down On restart I will usually get a message stating quot Overclock failed quot and I need to enter the BIOS and restart before I can start my BSOD On Shutdown Causing Infinite Boot Loop PC even though there is no current overclock I know the basics to building a computer and general trouble shooting but I am at a loss with bluescreens so I would appreciate greatly any bit of advice that anyone may provide Thank you ahead of time for taking a moment to read this and thank you for any advice you may have I BSOD On Shutdown Causing Infinite Boot Loop cleaned out as many of the repeat dump files as possible to make it easier to go through

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/385080-bsod-shutdown-causing-infinite-boot-loop.html
Relevancy 75.68%

My mother has gone ahead and screwed up her toshiba laptop again, this time I can't fix it. After it seemingly loads up all the start-up programs, it bluescreens with the message mentioned in the title. The laptop loads fine in safe mode. I tried disabling all the start-up programs I could find on msdiag, same problem occurs. I've included the file from minitoolbox, which I've seen posted before on these forums for your information. Note that everything is in French, nothing I can do about that.
Thanks in advance.

A:BSOD: device driver is stuck in an infinite loop

Please provide this information so we can provide a complete analysis (from the Pinned Topic at the top of the forum):  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/
If unable to get this in normal mode, try a clean boot:  https://www.google.com/search?q=clean+boot+windows+7&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8
And then try to get the report(s)

If that doesn't work, then post back for further suggestions.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/585368/bsod-device-driver-is-stuck-in-an-infinite-loop/
Relevancy 74.82%

Greetings Windows Home Premium automatically updated last night and now when the computer gets to the Loading Windows animation it freezes after about second then I get a BSOD with a STOP x b cFFFFF A xffffffffc x x error - I have Windows partitions on a single hard drive - partition has Windows Home Premium as well but does not have the update haven't used that partition in months - the non-updated nd partition boots up fine rules out hardware issue So far I tried Windows' auto startup repair both from the partition and from a recovery disk with no luck Safe mode gives the same error Any clues on how to undo the Update Infinite loop caused - on BSOD Windows Update boot via Advanced Startup Repair the automatic repair isn't working and there are no restore points found so I'd likely have to do it manually via CMD I've tried Chkdsk f r already and it showed bad sectors but displayed failed to transfer logged messages to the event log with status Bottom Line Any clue how to fix the startup without reinstalling formatting I'm guessing I'd Windows Update caused BSOD - Infinite loop on boot need to remove the failed patch somehow Dism exe via Command in the Advanced Repair environment but I don't know how to Computer Specs ASUS Bamboo edition laptop U F Windows Home Premium SP Intel i RAM gb DDR Graphics Windows Update caused BSOD - Infinite loop on boot Intel HD Shared

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/543800/windows-update-caused-bsod-infinite-loop-on-boot/
Relevancy 74.82%

Hi My name is Gil and I ve inherited a laptop which I believe was seriously infected FBI Virus I really don t like messing with viruses so I ran malware bytes times MBR loop Virus / Loading/BSOD/Restart - Infinite Possible Windows iOBit System Care times and felt like it was running decently for the most part Well after a little bit the computer would no longer load windows and I would receive a BSOD STOP x b error while starting windows This comes up in Windows Normal and any variation of safe mode Well when I was messing with it more I found in system recovery options a factory restore and I ran it After running this it is still doing the same thing and Possible Virus / MBR - Infinite Windows Loading/BSOD/Restart loop continues to BSOD as soon as I get to the starting windows screen This could be a hardware issue but I truly doubt it I have a second laptop doing the exact same thing within a Possible Virus / MBR - Infinite Windows Loading/BSOD/Restart loop week of the first one happening This has really stressed Possible Virus / MBR - Infinite Windows Loading/BSOD/Restart loop me out and I truly appreciate any help Wife has to have a PC to work on for work tomorrow and I really don t want to drop money unnecessarily for a new PC Dell Studio -Win Bit - GB SATA HDD nbsp

A:Possible Virus / MBR - Infinite Windows Loading/BSOD/Restart loop

Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST.txt) (x64) Version: 24-01-2015 01
Ran by SYSTEM on MININT-7PA78QL on 24-01-2015 23:08:12
Running from F:\
Platform: Windows 7 Home Premium (X64) OS Language: English (United States)
Internet Explorer Version 8
Boot Mode: Recovery

The current controlset is ControlSet001
ATTENTION!:=====> If the system is bootable FRST must be run from normal or Safe mode to create a complete log.

Tutorial for Farbar Recovery Scan Tool: http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/topic/335081-frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool/

==================== Registry (Whitelisted) ==================

(If an entry is included in the fixlist, the registry item will be restored to default or removed. The file will not be moved.)

HKLM\...\Run: [SynTPEnh] => C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe [1909032 2010-01-14] (Synaptics Incorporated)
HKLM\...\Run: [SysTrayApp] => C:\Program Files\IDT\WDM\sttray64.exe [487424 2010-01-20] (IDT, Inc.)
HKLM\...\Run: [QuickSet] => C:\Program Files\Dell\QuickSet\QuickSet.exe [3168336 2009-11-03] (Dell Inc.)
HKLM\...\Run: [IntelWireless] => C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intel\WirelessCommon\iFrmewrk.exe [1926928 2009-09-21] (Intel(R) Corporation)
HKLM-x32\...\Run: [Adobe Reader Speed Launcher] => C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Reader 9.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe [35696 2009-02-27] (Adobe Systems Incorporated)
HKLM-x32\...\Run: [Dell DataSafe Online] => C:\Program Files (x86)\Dell DataSafe Online\DataSafeOnline.exe [1807680 2010-02-09] ()
HKLM-x32\...\Run: [Dell Webcam Central] => C:\Program Files (x86)\Dell Webcam\Dell Webcam Central\WebcamDell2.exe [409744 2009-06-24] (Creative Technology Ltd)
HKLM-x32\...\Run: [Desktop Disc Tool] => c:\Program Files (x86)\Roxio\Roxio Burn\RoxioBurnLauncher.exe [498160 2009-10-15] ()
HKLM-x32\...\Run: [mcui_exe] => C:\Program Files\McAfee.com\Agent\mcagent.exe [1465304 2010-02-03] (McAfee, Inc.)
HKLM-x32\...\RunOnce: [RPlauncher] => C:\Program Files (x86)\Dell DataSafe Local Backup\RpLauncher.exe [230720 2010-05-21] (SoftThinks)
HKLM-x32\...\RunOnce: [Launcher] => C:\Program Files (x86)\Dell DataSafe Local Backup\Components\Scheduler\Launcher.exe [165184 2010-05-21] (Softthinks)
Winlogon\Notify\GoToAssist: C:\Program Files (x86)\Citrix\GoToAssist\514\G2AWinLogon_x64.dll [X]
Winlogon\Notify\igfxcui: C:\Windows\system32\igfxdev.dll (Intel Corporation)
Startup: C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\Dell Dock.lnk
ShortcutTarget: Dell Dock.lnk -> C:\Program Files\Dell\DellDock\DellDock.exe (Stardock Corporation)
Startup: C:\Users\Default\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\Dell Dock First Run.lnk
ShortcutTarget: Dell Dock First Run.lnk -> C:\Program Files\Dell\DellDock\DellDock.exe (Stardock Corporation)
Startup: C:\Users\Default User\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\Dell Dock First Run.lnk
ShortcutTarget: Dell Dock First Run.lnk -> C:\Program Files\Dell\DellDock\DellDock.exe (Stardock Corporation)

==================== Services (Whitelisted) =================

(If an entry is included in the fixlist, the service will be removed from the registry. The file will not be moved unless listed separately.)

S2 McMPFSvc; C:\Program Files\Common Files\McAfee\McSvcHost\McSvHost.exe [355440 2009-12-14] (McAfee, Inc.)
S2 mcmscsvc; C:\Program Files\Common Files\mcafee\McSvcHost\McSvHost.exe [355440 2009-12-14] (McAfee, Inc.)
S2 McNaiAnn; C:\Program Files\Common Files\mcafee\McSvcHost\McSvHost.exe [355440 2009-12-14] (McAfee, Inc.)
S2 McNASvc; C:\Program Files\Common Files\mcafee\McSvcHost\McSvHost.exe [355440 2009-12-14] (McAfee, Inc.)
S3 McODS; C:\Program Files\mcafee\VirusScan\mcods.exe [509416 2009-12-30] (McAfee, Inc.)
S2 McOobeSv; C:\Program Files\Common Files\mcafee\McSvcHost\McSvHost.exe [355440 2009-12-14] (McAfee, Inc.)
S2 McProxy; C:\Program Files\Common Files\mcafee\McSvcHost\McSvHost.exe [355440 20... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/possible-virus-mbr-infinite-windows-loading-bsod-restart-loop.1141938/
Relevancy 74.82%

First of all hi everyone this is my first post on this forum Second I ve been having some really annoying problem since a few weeks and I ve already posted this on another forum but they don t quite seem to be willing to lend me a hand PooPoo me Anyways here s my problem Since a few weeks more like a month and a half I ve been having an annoying problem with my laptop Sometimes there s no problem at all but usually when I boot my laptop I get a BSOD the laptop reboots and most of BSOD Windows infinite Vista startup loop in Ultimate at the time it repeats the process once twice several or Windows Vista Ultimate BSOD in infinite loop at startup infinite times Sometimes booting in safe mode and rebooting in normal mode can get Vista booted but I ve had occassions where it doesn t work Also that is just a temporary solution to get my system booted The BSOD dissappears way too quickly to be able to note it all down so I don t have that information what I do have is the error screen you get when Windows has finally booted which says quot Windows has recovered from an unexpected shutdown quot The window says Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode e BCP C BCP E BCP BDB BCP BDB OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump Mini - dmp C Users Kissa AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml C Users Kissa AppData Local Temp WERB C tmp version txt I also think I saw the system mentioning something like I haven t shut it down properly although I don t see what I could ve done wrong by doing it the usual way I know that a lot of those BSOD s are due to drivers acting up but I have only installed them right after I installed Vista in September October last year I ve never done an update either so I don t see why that could be the cause I also know that some BSOD s are caused by Virtual Disc emulation tools like Deamon tools and PowerIso which are both on my system as I like to experiment with old er operating systems which I have lying around of my previous systems on OS emulators like VMWare I just hate using the DVD-player of my laptop because half of the time it makes such a dreadfull sound I ve recently done a complete system defragmentation with Smart Defrag ran a complete virusscan done a disc cleanup etc I do frequently let the laptop run over the night but it can t have been overheated as I always close the lid That s all the info I can come up with for now so any help on the mather would be highly appreciated Greets Kissa nbsp

Relevancy 74.82%

A few days ago my computer a and BSoD windows attempted loop after reboot updates Infinite blue screened with some sort of memory error When I attempted to start it back up it began installing windows updates that I had been putting off After it looked like it had mostly finished it got to a screen that said quot preparing to configure windows Do not restart your computer quot After sitting on that screen for about thirty seconds the computer rebooted and then went back to that screen After about minutes of this I Infinite reboot loop after a BSoD and attempted windows updates decided that it probably wasn't going to fix itself Things I've tried Booting into safe mode when I attempt to boot into safe mode I end up in the same loop There's a tutorial on this site about repair the registry hives I followed it but It had no effect I found a tutorial on another site that suggested using the dism took to revert pending installations This also had no effect I used a windows install disk and a repair disk and have had no luck with them The automatic start up repair tool lists error quot system file integrity check Code xa quot or Infinite reboot loop after a BSoD and attempted windows updates something similar

A:Infinite reboot loop after a BSoD and attempted windows updates

Hello Sk8kidamh,

That issue certainly doesn't sound good.

Can you just clarify that you cannot log into your computer, but you can get into options, such as system restore, command prompt, start-up repair?

If so, please open System Recovery Options (What are the system recovery options in Windows? - Windows Help) and select Command Prompt. When in Command Prompt, please type sfc /scannow and select enter.

Hopefully we can resolve this issue.

Thank you,
VinnyBuxton

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/338050-infinite-reboot-loop-after-bsod-attempted-windows-updates.html
Relevancy 74.82%

Hi Ill start with the basics What happened I was using Chrome with SC running in the background and all of the sudden I got green and pink squares all over my screen Then the screen went black When it came back infinite chrome, 2. using file log Starcraft bad BSOD reboot loop, up i got BSOD which quickly disappeared and BSOD using chrome, Starcraft 2. infinite reboot loop, bad log file computer restarted This started the infinite loop What I tried Using the repair disk to no avail I BSOD using chrome, Starcraft 2. infinite reboot loop, bad log file get this Problem Event Name StartupRepairOffline Problem Signature Problem Signature Problem Signature unknown Problem Signature Problem Signature AutoFailover Problem Signature Problem Signature x OS Version Locale ID I tried quot sfc scannow quot I get this There is a system repair pending which requires reboot to complete Restart Windows and run sfc again I rebooted and still got the same message every time i tried I found a work around and it said I have a bad log file logs CBS cbs log Everything i've found concerning this issue can be resolved from the desktop start menu i BSOD using chrome, Starcraft 2. infinite reboot loop, bad log file cant get that far im stuck in X as far as I know System restore did nothing Memory diag did nothing start up repair just gives me that message Where I am now From everything I can find x is a graphics card issue so this log file shouldnt be impeding me this badly I think it is graphics card due to the way this started No idea where to go from here Any and all help is much appreciated I can reply with any addition info right away

A:BSOD using chrome, Starcraft 2. infinite reboot loop, bad log file

Update:
I just got the BSOD info. i had to film it and freeze frame on it because it disappears so fast when it begins to reboot.

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.
If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these instructions.
Check for virsuses on your computer, remove any newly installed hard drive controllers, check your hard drive to amke sure it is properly configured and *something*
Run CHKDSK /F to check for hard drive corruption, and then retart your computer.

Technical Information;
***Stop:0x00000078, *i cant read the rest, it gets blurry and the start button is in the way.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/388584-bsod-using-chrome-starcraft-2-infinite-reboot-loop-bad-log-file.html
Relevancy 74.82%

Hi I had to make a new topic about this because my old one infinite driver (BSOD), loop 9C Device STOP problem got locked I squared away some illegal software that somehow crept on my machine and now we're all good Anyway here's the deal My computer Device driver infinite loop problem (BSOD), STOP 9C will Device driver infinite loop problem (BSOD), STOP 9C blue screen every now and then I've seen MACHINE CHECK EXCEPTION and DEVICE DRIVER INFINITE LOOP blue screens This computer is custom built by me and not even months old Here's my MiniToolBox results MiniToolBox by Farbar Version - - Ran by Aaron administrator on - - at Running from C Users Aaron Downloads Microsoft Windows Ultimate Service Pack X Model H -D HP Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd Boot Mode Normal Flush DNS Windows IP Configuration Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache IE Proxy Settings Proxy is not enabled No Proxy Server is set Reset IE Proxy Settings IE Proxy Settings were reset FF Proxy Settings Reset FF Proxy Settings Firefox Proxy settings were reset Hosts content IP Configuration Intel reg Ethernet Connection I -V Local Area Connection Connected Hamachi Network Interface Hamachi Connected ---------------------------------- IPv Configuration ---------------------------------- pushd interface ipv reset set global icmpredirects enabled add route prefix interface Hamachi nexthop publish Yes set interface interface Hamachi forwarding disabled advertise disabled metric siteprefixlength nud disabled routerdiscovery disabled managedaddress disabled otherstateful disabled weakhostsend disabled weakhostreceive disabled ignoredefaultroutes disabled advertisedrouterlifetime advertisedefaultroute disabled currenthoplimit forcearpndwolpattern disabled enabledirectedmacwolpattern disabled popd End of IPv configuration Windows IP Configuration Host Name Arnzillazor Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Hamachi Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Hamachi Network Interface Physical Address A- - - - D- A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address b d a Preferred Link-local IPv Address fe f a ff b b Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Wednesday March PM Lease Expires Wednesday March PM Default Gateway b DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - D-F - - - - D- C- -DE- D DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel reg Ethernet Connection I -V Physical Address - D- C- -DE- D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d c d c Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Wednesday March PM Lease Expires Thursday March PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - D-F - - - - D- C- -DE- D DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap DE - B - EC-AB -E A C Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap D- EBE- B - B- A B BD Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Server DD-WRT Address Name google com Addresses f b e Pinging google com with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms Server DD-WRT Address Name yahoo com Addresses c a c a a Pinging yahoo com with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from byt... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/607603/device-driver-infinite-loop-problem-bsod-stop-9c/
Relevancy 73.96%

I am having all those issues but I thought about posting on one of the other similar posts but none of them are exactly like mine so I decided to make my own I built this rig quiet a few months ago for my neighbor and by the looks of things it appears the problem lies after a Windows Update I know Impossible right OK No Failed, KnownDLL Infinite No BSOD repair... Mode, safe Loop, let's begin Basic Office Rig ASRock B M-DGS CX W Intel G Corsair x Spinpoint TB partitioned Samsung DVD Windows bit Pro My neighbor tells me that it has a problem that the computer won't start I go check it out Infinite Loop, BSOD KnownDLL Failed, No safe Mode, No repair... and I immediately see the loop and I suspect a corrupted Infinite Loop, BSOD KnownDLL Failed, No safe Mode, No repair... boot easy fix I thought oh boy how wrong I was all hell breaks loose on me and here are more details - Startup Repair is my initial reaction as this has worked extremely good in the past Nope it lets me know that it can not repair itself OK first Infinite Loop, BSOD KnownDLL Failed, No safe Mode, No repair... sign that today will not be a good day for me - No worries lets go back and try a system restore first one I see is yesterday quot Windows Critical Update quot so I figure it damaged something or my neighbor stopped it in the middle of it etc etc so I choose another one got almost all the way when it tells me it can not use it or something to that nature I tried the one before that one same consequences so I figures wth let me try the one from yesterday Nope same deal I am dead in the water - Command Prompt is next and I see something that strikes me as odd my Boot drive is not C but D I'd figure Windows might do that from time to time even though none of my other windows systems did it I tried chkdsk R to no avail - Google is my friend and I have come to learn that I am not the only one this kind of problems happen first to sure enough find a few things to try and I found a quot Startup Repair Infinite Loop Recovery quot post from Dzomlija that seems to fit the bill for me follow the instructions to a T but still NO GO for me - Other forums suggested Forcing getting into Safe mode by using bcdedit set default safeboot but that does not do anything Others suggested using bcdedit rebuildbcd but I get an error when using that sintax - Finally I tried getting the Windows CD inserting it and it dawns on me that I am doing the same thing I already tried w o the CD All is left for me to do is Kick the installation to the side and make a fresh installation but I feel that there might be something else I could try that I haven't and everything will get back to normal is there

A:Infinite Loop, BSOD KnownDLL Failed, No safe Mode, No repair...

Do you have access to another computer right now? If so, download Partition wizard Bootable CD (the last one in the link). Burn it in a blank CD or in a USB flash stick.

Boot into Partition Wizards GUI following this instructions. When you are on the last screen, take a camera snap of the screen and upload the snap here.
Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums

We need to see the partitions and parameters.

Also, have you followed it ? If not, try it.
Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Start

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/290198-infinite-loop-bsod-knowndll-failed-no-safe-mode-no-repair.html
Relevancy 73.96%

Hey all For the last week I ve been running round in circles trying to fix the BSOD ati2dvag.dll Infinite Error ATI Mobility Radeon X1400 Loop dreaded infinite loop issue on my Dell e Inspiron laptop About a week ago I installed Viva Pinata and was immediately told that I d have to update my display driver My card s an ATI x Radeon Mobility and from ATI Mobility Radeon X1400 ati2dvag.dll Infinite Loop BSOD Error what I can tell in my device manager it is not an AGP card but a PCIe card So I went to ATI s site to update only to find that because my laptop s a Dell I couldn t update with ATI s latest drivers I had to only use Dell s Well I had already updated to Dell s newest drivers and they weren t new enough After some searching I found DriverHeaven and downloaded their Mobility Modder along with the latest ATI driver s from their site I modded those drivers uninstalled mine completely and reinstalled the new ones latest version This time Viva Pinata ran but only for a while Occasionally ingame icons would be blacked out or flashing instead of correctly displayed Sometimes animated cursors in the game would not animate correctly they would flicker into -bit color versions of themselves while animating Other times non-moving what I believe to be D backgrounds in the game would simply show up as black or flashing just like the icons In the end the game would finally crash after about minutes or so sometimes less with the charming ati dvag dll error message involving the infinite loop Here s the error from Event Viewer The driver ati dvag for the display device Device Video got stuck in an infinite loop This usually indicates a problem with the device itself or with the device driver programming the hardware incorrectly Please check with your hardware device vendor for any driver updates Whenever the game crashed I d get returned to desktop with a x resolution and -bit colors AKA not pretty From there I d restart then get one of those Microsoft quot Your system as recovered from a serious error quot messages with the send do not send option All right so that s my problem Now here s all the stuff I ve tried to solve it Updated my drivers to other ATI versions and to Omega drivers uninstalling old drivers completely each time No difference on Omega drivers the game still crashes with the same symptoms Updated BIOS chipset drivers etc etc I updated everything I could possibly find a driver for Made no difference I looked up the infinite loop error online and found this solution Right click-mouse over My Computer Properties Hardware Tab Device Manager button Click next to System devices right-mouse on CPU to AGP Controller or whatever your controller is called mine was SiS AGP Update Driver button Select Install from a list or specific location Advanced Next button Select Don t search I will choose the driver to install Next button Select PCI standard PCI-to-PCI bridge Next button Finish button Reboot When going into Device Manager I realized I didn t have the CPU to AGP Controller option I m pretty sure my card s a PCIe card so I dug around some more and found quot Intel R PCI Bridge - quot Some poster on another board said that changing that to PCI standard PCI-t-PCI bridge worked for him I tried that and I still got crashes I tried going into my BIOS to adjust AGP settings like some others have suggested Trouble is I can t get to any advanced BIOS settings on my Dell laptop they simply don t show up in BIOS I ve heard that some manufacturers disable advanced settings so people don t destroy their computers and I suppose that s true in my case I tried having fastwrites disabled when I had Omega drivers didn t help at all I tried disabling write combining no effect When uninstalling drivers I ve gone into safe mode disabled antivirus used DriverCleaner etc Now I haven t gotten the infinite loop error according to my Event Viewer for maybe the past day or so Viva Pinata has still crashed and still had those charming black flashing g... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ati-mobility-radeon-x1400-ati2dvag-dll-infinite-loop-bsod-error.666676/
Relevancy 68.8%

i guys i have a problem whereby my pc keeps failing to boot up properly and i get a dreaded blue screen the problem appears to be that a driver file nv disp is getting stuck in an infinate loop i have tried various different drivers from nvidia website loop nv4_disp problems as well as system restore and reformatting all to no avail any help would be greatly appreciated i have a hijackthis file if its any help Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files Eset nod kui exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Google Common Google Updater GoogleUpdaterService exe C Program Files Common Files nv4_disp loop problems Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe C Program Files Eset nod krn exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C Program Files Agnitum Outpost Firewall outpost exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Documents and Settings jon Desktop bittorrent HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http search blueyonder co uk search search jsp R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www blueyonder co uk R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Internet Explorer Provided by blueyonder R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page O - BHO no name - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe nv4_disp loop problems Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO no name - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO no name - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - Toolbar Easy-WebPrint - C -E D- c -AA D- AC BABA C - C Program Files Canon Easy-WebPrint Toolband dll O - HKLM Run BluetoothAuthenticationAgent rundll exe bthprops cpl BluetoothAuthenticationAgent O - HKLM Run Outpost Firewall C Program Files Agnitum Outpost Firewall outpost exe waitservice O - HKLM Run OutpostFeedBack C Program Files Agnitum Outpost Firewall feedback exe dumps startup O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run nod kui quot C Program Files Eset nod kui exe quot WAITSERVICE O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKLM Run SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXE O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system nv4_disp loop problems ctfmon exe O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra context menu item Easy-WebPrint Add To Print List - res C Program Files Canon Easy-WebPrint Resource dll RC AddToList html O - Extra context menu item Easy-WebPrint High Speed Print - res C Program Files Canon Easy-WebPrint Resource dll RC HSPrint html O - Extra context menu item Easy-WebPrint Preview - res C Program Files Canon Easy-WebPrint Resource dll RC Preview html O - Extra context menu item Easy-WebPrint Print - res C Program Files Canon Easy-WebPrint Resource dll RC Print html O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console HKLM O - Extra button Research HKLM O - Extra button RileysPoker HKLM O - Extra button Ladbrokes Poker HKLM O - Extra button Messenger HKLM O - Extra Tools menuitem Windows Messenger HKLM O - DPF - f - bb - d -fa d f a ab YInstStarter Class - C Program Files Yahoo Common yinsthelper dll O - DPF B-B - D-A D -FCFDF E C WUWebControl Class - http update microsoft com windowsupdate v V Controls en x client wuweb site cab O - DPF FC B - E - - D - A B B E Windows ... Read more

A:nv4_disp loop problems

any suggestions greatly appreciated.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nv4_disp-loop-problems.638402/
Relevancy 67.08%

Hi there i hope someone can help my windows xp pro version 5.1.2.600 servicepack 3 (32 bit) using internet explorer 8 keeps hanging freezing and crashing giving me the blue screen saying that (the driver is stuck in an infinate loop and the problem is the driver nv4_disp.dll.) and another time it on blue screen said( nv4_disp has stopped working remove the driver) then another time i got blue screen(Driver_IRQL_NOT_LESSS_OR_EQUAL) it also gives me the following error codes
0xF8971CB4
0x8254008
0x81B5D3BO
0x8214ABE
0x000000001
I have an nvidea GForce 5200 graphics card version 6.14.11.7519 and have been on their site downloaded an installed newdriver (did not use hardware wizard) just downloaded saved and opened file. but this has not worked either.has anyone got any ideas i am going nuts the computer works for aobut 10 mins or 1 min then crashes thankyou madmaria

Relevancy 66.65%

so this might be a combination of a malware problem combined with something else not really sure i really have no idea what the problem is so here is my situation my internet was really loop loop help windows in infinite log out log slow and i kept doing malware scans and got the same thing here is the logfile of the malwarebytes scan so i posted this on a random forum i kept deleting this trojan agent but it would come back every time i did a scan i didnt have windows infinite loop log in log out loop help any other viruses because i didnt a full system scan using norton HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows NT CurrentVersion Winlogon Userinit Trojan Agent - gt Data c windows system userinit exe - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows NT CurrentVersion Winlogon Userinit Trojan Agent - gt Data system userinit exe - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully then i installed some windows updates after i restarted my computer i would log in and then windows would log me out automatically i tried rebooting in safe mode but it did the same thing i researched other people s similar problems and i thought it might have something to do with userinit exe so i added that from the recovery portion of the windows xp cd and it didnt work now im stuck please help me i dont want to reformat my whole labtop and lose everything nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-infinite-loop-log-in-log-out-loop-help.790393/
Relevancy 66.65%

so this might be a combination of a malware problem combined with something else not really sure i really have no idea what the help out in loop loop log log infinite windows problem is so here is my situation my internet was really slow and i kept doing malware scans and got the same thing here is the logfile of the malwarebytes scan so i posted this on a random forum i kept deleting this trojan agent but it would come back every time i did a windows infinite loop log in log out loop help scan i didnt have any other viruses because i didnt a full system scan using norton HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows NT CurrentVersion Winlogon Userinit Trojan Agent - gt Data c windows system userinit exe - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows NT CurrentVersion Winlogon windows infinite loop log in log out loop help Userinit Trojan Agent - gt Data system userinit exe - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully then i installed some windows updates after i restarted my computer i would log in and then windows would log me out automatically i tried rebooting in safe mode but it did the same thing i researched other people s similar problems and i thought it might have something to do with userinit exe so i added that from the recovery portion of the windows xp cd and it didnt work now im stuck please help me i dont want to reformat my whole labtop and lose everything nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-infinite-loop-log-in-log-out-loop-help.790629/
Relevancy 63.64%

I just got an ATI All In Wonder Radeon Video Card I m running it on an ESC K S A motherboard Athlon XP Processor with Windows Infinite Loop? XP When trying to run the NASCAR Racing Season Demo the picture ALWAYS freezes fairly soon into the game If I let the system sit there frozen for a few minutes and then restart I get an error message When I go to the log files that the error creates it tells me that the video card got stuck in an infinite loop I looked around online and this seems to be a common problem but mostly for Nvidia Cards on motherboards with VIA chipsets I m running an ATI card on a motherboard with the SIS chipset It always locks up on the NASCAR Demo and sometimes it will lock up on Madden but I don t seem to ever get that error message with Madden Still I figure its probably the same thing I ve got the newest Bios newest Video Card driver everything from Windows Update and I run fairly minimal stuff in the background Anyone know anything about this or have any ideas nbsp

Relevancy 63.64%

man , im tired, no solutions to this issue, i read that, not even buying a new video card will work out the infinite loop, so what do i have to do to stay away from it, please help me im desperated, please help, i have a P4 3ghz, 512 ram, ATI RADEON X300, hd 80 gb, intel chipset

please help!!
anything will be appreciated

A:Infinite Loop

If you wish to get help then you should have a read of this - http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic33297.html

I suspect that you have not recieved any help because you have not explained your problem properly, hopefully the guide will help!!!!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/infinite-loop.62588/
Relevancy 63.64%

For unknown reasons, my dell laptop 9400 has blue screened with various messages. The most common is when it states that device driver is stuck in an infinite loop. The device driver is igxpr32. My only option is to maunaully shut down computer and wait 15 to 20 minutes before it will work until the next blue screen.

Any help or point me in a direction appreciated.

Thank you.

A:infinite loop

Go to the Dell support site and check for an updated graphics driver.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/infinite-loop-537102.html
Relevancy 63.64%

i am getting an infinite loop while playing some games, i was wondering if any1 had a fix for it yet

i saw this thread
http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic15393-pg1.html&highlight=infinite+loop

but i dont know what device to pick, these are what are listed

A:infinite loop

the only thing that even looks like i could change was "ali pci to isa bridge" to "pci standard isa bridge" but it didnt work

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/infinite-loop.29951/
Relevancy 63.21%

I ve never seen a problem like this before My computer starts up normally It always just autologs on since I m the only one using my windows xp computer However before anything can be displayed it immediatley logs off to the logon screen I click my username and start the loop Infinite logon login process i have no password and before even switching Infinite logon loop to my wallpaper or anything it says stuff like logging out and saving your settings Now here s the thing I tried booting in safe mode too and the same infinite logon loop occured to even with the default administrator account The last thing I remember doing before this happened is I was playing City of Heroes when it crashed forcing me to restart my computer This happens occasionally in certain programs but I ve never had anything like this happen before I tried unplugging my keyboard mouse usb devices ethernet cable no luck Anyone have any idea what s Infinite logon loop going on with my computer Intel Pentium ghz Geforce FX mb windows xp home service pack in case any of that matters I also read some posts I saw about this and it says it has something to do with anti-spyware programs I don t even remember the last time I reset my computer I usually use hibernate nbsp

Relevancy 63.21%

My comp has been freezing, going into that infinite loop thing the last few days. Its a comp built by Frys a couple weeks ago. All my drivers are up to date. temp doesnt seem to be much of a problem here. what could cause it? Its freezing up once in awhile when watching a video on youtube or playing an online game.

A:Looking for cause to infinite loop freeze

Take it back to Fry's and have them look at it. I'm sure it is under warranty

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/looking-for-cause-to-infinite-loop-freeze.134576/
Relevancy 63.21%

HJT LOGDDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by God at on Tue Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV Spyware Doctor with AntiVirus On-access scanning enabled Updated AV AVG Anti-Virus Free On-access scanning enabled Outdated Running Loop Infinite Explorer Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunchC WINDOWS Explorer Infinite Loop system svchost -k rpcssC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcsC WINDOWS Explorer Infinite Loop System svchost exe -k NetworkServiceC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k LocalServiceC DOCUME God LOCALS Temp winlogin exeC Program Files Abyss Web Server abyssws exeC WINDOWS System imapi exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgemc exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgtray exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgui exeC Documents and Settings God Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report BHO AVG Safe Search ca f - f e- b -a e- e e c c - c program files avg avg avgssie dllBHO d cb -c cd- c f-bfdc- b afbdc c - c windows system nnnllKAs dllBHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper bb-d f - c-b eb-d daf d d - c program files java jre bin ssv dllBHO c windows system hgfdge unjdfdg dll c bf a - f - bd-f - c - c windows system hgfdge unjdfdg dllBHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dllTB Foxit Toolbar d e-fd b- e -b - d b f - c program files askbardis bar bin askBar dllTB Mirar a c b -f - aab- d c- ea f e - c windows system WinNB dllEB - a - b-a - c a a - No FileuRun MSMSGS quot c program files messenger msmsgs exe quot backgrounduRun Google Update quot c documents and settings god local settings application data google update GoogleUpdate exe quot cuRun AbyssWebServer c program files abyss web server abyssws exeuRun jsf uiw jnjgffght c docume god locals temp winlogin exeuRun tezrtsjhfr iusjfo f c docume god locals temp csrssc exemRun Alcmtr ALCMTR EXEmRun PWRISOVM EXE c program files poweriso PWRISOVM EXEmRun SunJavaUpdateSched quot c program files java jre bin jusched exe quot mRun jsf uiw jnjgffght c docume god locals temp winlogin exemRun MSConfig c windows pchealth helpctr binaries MSConfig exe automRun AVG TRAY c progra avg avg avgtray exeuPolicies-explorer NoFolderOptions x uPolicies-system DisableRegistryTools x IE e e dd -d - - b -f ba - windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exeIE FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - c program files messenger msmsgs exeLSP c program files common files pc tools lsp PCTLsp dllHandler linkscanner - F C- F - D -A D -FBDDE F D - c program files avg avg avgpp dllNotify AtiExtEvent - Ati evxx dllNotify nnnllKAs - nnnllKAs dllAppInit DLLs avgrsstx dllSTS c windows system hgfdge unjdfdg dll c bf a - f - bd-f - c - c windows system hgfdge unjdfdg dllSEH d cb -c cd- c f-bfdc- b afbdc c - c windows system nnnllKAs dll FIREFOX FF - ProfilePath - c docume god applic mozilla firefox profiles fhb o default FF - component c program files avg avg firefox components avgssff dllFF - plugin c documents and settings god local settings application data google update npGoogleOneClick dllFF - plugin c program files mozilla firefox plugins npFoxitReaderPlugin dll SERVICES DRIVERS R AvgLdx AVG Free AVI Loader Driver x c windows system drivers avgldx sys - - R AvgMfx AVG Free On-access Scanner Minifilter Driver x c windows system drivers avgmfx sys - - R pctfw pctfw c windows system drivers pctfw sys - - R AtcL NDIS Miniport Driver for Attansic L Gigabit Ethernet Controller c windows system drivers atl xp sys - - R IKSysFlt System Filter Driver c windows system drivers iksysflt sys - - R IKSysSec System Security Driver c windows system drivers iksyssec sys - - R new drv c windows new drv sys - - R avg emc AVG Free E-mail Scanner c progra avg avg avgemc exe - - R avg wd AVG Free WatchDog c progra avg avg avgwdsvc exe - - R AvgTdiX AVG Free Network Redirector c windows system drivers avgtdix sys - - S IKFileSec File Security Driver c window... Read more

A:Explorer Infinite Loop

You bleepers are a joke.

Eight days later, no reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/194951/explorer-infinite-loop/
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi All,

I have this error in my pc and i don't know what to do please any one help me

the Error: STOP 0x000000EA (0x88982B80, 0x89E4B7F8, 0xF78B6CBC, 0x00000001)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/infinite-loop-error.970491/
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi For my logon Infinite loop sins I have a -year-old Acer Aspire laptop with Vista Home Basic I had a virus earlier this year and getting rid of said virus seems to have had the result of slowly but steadily destablalising the whole system to the point at which I resorted to uninstalling Service Pack as a troubleshooting step Since doing this I have been unable to get past the Windows login screen at all I get the usual choice between the two user accounts on the computer and Infinite logon loop whichever one I click on the screen will go blank for a few seconds leaving only the mouse pointer and it will then return to the login screen Repeat Infinite logon loop ad infinitum Ideally I would like to get Vista up and running again as it was including access to all my existing files and programs However as it s an inexpensive laptop I don t have a Vista install DVD and the Acer Restore DVD I have only has the option to wipe the slate clean and restore the computer to its factory state This option is far from ideal as due to the unexpected nature of the issue I don t have an up-to-date backup of my stuff I ve tried the following things to fix the issue all of which have had no effect - Starting in Safe Mode- Last Known Good Configuration- Various functions of the Vista Recovery Environment booted from a separate CD System Restore Startup Repair chkdsk fixboot etc The thread I fruitlessly started on Microsoft Answers here gives details of what has happened when I ve tried the various Command Prompt solutions from the Vista RE disc There are two main issues with these Attempting to run sfc scannow throws back the message quot Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation quot I have no real idea what this means I m going on the assumption that running sfc might help me here if I could do it Is there any way around the issue Attempting to run bootrec fixboot reports back with quot The volume does not contain a recognized file system Please make sure that all reqired file system drivers are loaded and that the volume is not corrupted quot If I m understanding this correctly it doesn t seem right as I can definitely access my C drive from the Vista recovery console s Command Prompt and it happily lists the contents of the Windows directory that is on there Again is there any way around this one Thanks in advance for any advice

A:Infinite logon loop

Get into recovery console and run these commands

cd c:\WINDOWS\WinSxS

del pending.xml

Restart your PC

You should boot into Windows now

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/431221/infinite-logon-loop/
Relevancy 63.21%

Ok I have this problem for a month now and got tired of it.When I just do random things on my pc it starts lagging and after a while goes to a black screen and sometimes it goes on a blue screen that says that ati2vag is the problem.
inter pentium
4 cpu 3.00 GHz 2.99 GHz
1Gb ram of ram
ATI radeon hd 2400

Relevancy 63.21%

Hello I got this huge problem on my computer that when I play WoW World of Warcraft or basically any other high graphic games my PC randomly freezes gets black screen or Ati2dvag HELP! INFINITE LOOP gets blue screen of death with following text The device driver got stuck in an infinite loop This usually indicates problem with the device itself or with the device driver programming the hardware incorrectly Please check with your hardware device vendor for any driver updates STOP x EA x E BDA x A xB CFCBC x ati dvag Beginning dump of physical memory I ve searched the forum for any solutions Ati2dvag INFINITE LOOP HELP! I did find a post but the step s that was told in it didnt match the info Ati2dvag INFINITE LOOP HELP! I had on my PC If anyone know how to fix this please write an DETAILED guide how to fix it O I ve tried alot of stuff myself but none of it worked I use Windows XP and my graphic card is Radeon X SE nbsp

A:Ati2dvag INFINITE LOOP HELP!

You need to do some more searching. The infinite loop bug is well known - sometimes you can solve it and sometimes not. Can you post up more specs, especially of your motherboard and the type of bus your graphics card is connected to?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ati2dvag-infinite-loop-help.105468/
Relevancy 63.21%

I screwed up. I downloaded a file, opened it, when I did the computer shut off, restarted and now is in an infinite loop of trying to repair itself because it will not start up

I have tried the walk through for this problem and it didn't work. I tried restoring to an earlier date and that didn't work. I tried to do a restore that is pre installed on my gateway computer, but it said I didn't have enough room on my hard drive to do so.

Is there anyway I can make more room manually in dos? I don't know what else to try.

Thanks for your help.

A:Infinite start up loop

You attempted to run Gateway Recovery partition and it needs more space on HD?

You need a WIn7 DVD or Repair Disk: System Repair Disc - Create

Try Startup Repair a few more times if you haven't been using the disk as it works better if it doesn't have to depend on System Files.

If it won't Startup or SysRestore, then use the booted DVD/Repair CD to browse into your files to rightclick>Delete some and rightclick>Copy>Paste out any others you need using the Mini-Explorer at the Load Drivers link here:

More here: Copy & Paste - in Windows Recovery Console

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/162246-infinite-start-up-loop.html
Relevancy 63.21%

k so, i move my computer, and i move it back around half an hour later, i start it up, and it infinite loops on reboot, i get loading windowsxp and then it restarts. i need help plz

A:Need Help With Infinite Boot Loop

Did you move it while it was on? Could you have possibly ruined the HDD by crashing the head?

Can you boot into Safe Mode?
Any more information would be nice. Changes to hardware/software?

BTW
:wave:Welcome to TechSpot:wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-with-infinite-boot-loop.35782/
Relevancy 63.21%

This thread saved me from hours of work:
http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic15393.html
BUT I was wondering if there is a more elegant solution than to just dump the VIA bridge for the standard PCI bridge.
From the age of the "solution" you would think that things were better since "normally" it is "a good idea" to use more current drivers.... but apparently this issue is not gone away. I apparently made the mistake of updating all my drivers (VIA, newest ATI, BIOS ect.) when the "infinite loop BSOD" appearred.
I probably would have rolled back the VIA drivers last (VIA AGP 2.0 would probably not have come to mind ) but luckily I found this thread and things are stable again.
Any comments?????????
Oh I added and older Radeon 9550 but was stable before the driver deluge

A:ATI infinite loop fix revisited

What are your computer specs, especially your motherboard make and model

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ati-infinite-loop-fix-revisited.105004/
Relevancy 63.21%

Hello- I am running Vista bit I cannot run Malwarebytes or Superantispyware or AVG in regular bootup or safe mode The programs close down within seconds of opening I reinstalled the programs but they continue to fail and will not open and work I installed ComboFix as described on Infinite ComboFix Loop the quot guide and tutorial on using ComboFix quot site I understand I should have contacted a professional first before running the software but unfortunately I didn t- I ll blame my lapse of ComboFix Infinite Loop reason on the fact that I haven t slept since encountering this problem last night ComboFix was downloaded to the desktop I ran it initially from safe mode but this didn t work so I tried it again from normal boot up It worked in normal boot and started running but soon encountered a problem ComboFix reported that I had quot C windows system fimohinu dll quot running and to make a note of it ComboFix then restarted the computer Once in Vista again ComboFix continued to run to the window that says quot Scanning for infected files quot but soon had the following errors quot ComboFix has detected the presence of rootkit activity and needs to reboot the machine Kindly note down on paper the name of each file We may need it later c Windows system drivers gasfkyesmqoqvr sys c Windows system gasfkynvfrftsq dll c Windows system gasfkycmccftsa dat c Windows system gasfkydoiimjn dll c Windows system gasfkyticxtbtq dat c Windows system gasfkybubaoxou dll quot When I push OK the computer reboots and ComboFix loads again Soon thereafter the same problem pops up I have pushed OK a few times now but I always receive the same response It is obvious I am in a loop I greatly appreciate any help in this matter- I realize I cannot figure this one out on my own and I am hoping a guru will lend a helping hand Thanks for your time Peter

A:ComboFix Infinite Loop

Welcome to BC
You have a nasty rootkit
The author of Combofix does not own or maintain a website
It states that in the disclaimer

When the DOS window opens try closing it out. That should stop the loop

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/261342/combofix-infinite-loop/
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi I had a boot loop Another infinite virus downloaded some subpar anti virus Yet Another Cleaner and it deleted the virus along with some Windows registry or something important along those lines My computer is now stuck in an infinite boot loop Undoed a System Restore to a point before the anti virus killed my comp earlier I tried system restore to get rid of the virus but it's still stuck I'm guessing restoring to an earlier point won't help Just finished with Startup Repair Infinite Loop Recovery once but it's still stuck I think I have allowed System Repair to attempt to fix my system times Another infinite boot loop to no avail Last known good configuration does not do anything I think these are the chronological order of events I'd like to get out of the loop without loss of data obviously and I don't think i have the win disk on me might ask someone if they have one but doubtful I can get my hands on another computer but i'd like to avoid that if possible Thanks in advance if anyone can help

A:Another infinite boot loop

Worst case you should be able to rescue data via another computer. But before you do that, I would try manually rebuilding the BCD. See Use Bootrec.exe in the Windows RE to troubleshoot startup issues. The three important commands are fixmbr, fixboot, and rebuildbcd. Not sure if you can do this via onboard Repair Computer boot, but I think so. If not, a Repair (or Install) Disk is needed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/363054-another-infinite-boot-loop.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Tried installing Vista sp2 in an infinite loop reverting back, can not boot in any safe mode, can not boot from CD, just looping forever, any help out there?

A:Vista sp2 infinite loop

when I try booting from CD, it tells me no bootable device

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-sp2-infinite-loop.1129581/
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi all First reboot Infinite loop time help forum poster I apologize if I miss anything I ve generally always been able to figure out my PC problems in the past but I m at Infinite reboot loop breaking point and hoping to just avoid formatting and re-installing OS and all programs here help Here s my mess I had been running Vista happily until few months ago I had some bad issues one day where I d suddenly Infinite reboot loop lose power but would be able to restart afterwards I smelled some hot electronics smell and found I had a bad switch on my power supply I took it apart being careful ish not to electrocute myself to death and was able to fix the contacts on the switch Seemed to work fine but began having issues with applications freezing up and hanging on shutdowns Other applications would usually continue to run Task manager was usually not able to force close the frozen application When I clicked quot see applications from all users quot or whatever it says in TM then TM would disappear but stay in the tray I could then close that TM with a new Infinite reboot loop one Weird I suspected memory problems and ran various combination of my GB RAM sticks through the Windows memory diagnostic test and figured out that I had at least one bad stick I removed that pair and left the other pair which then passed the test fine I continued to have the freezing problems I read somewhere that bad power supplies can sometimes manifest as memory problems if the memory isn t getting enough juice or whatever and since I had actually smelled the PS breaking previously I decided it wouldn t be a bad idea to get a new one No dice still had the problem I then noticed my hard drive was doing this weird intermittent reading quot Buzz buzz quot so as kind of a Hail Mary before I tried anything else I did a disk cleanup defrag For whatever reason maybe cleaning up partial files corrupted during a power loss or something it seemed to fix the problem for a couple months Last week however it came back in full force I disabled all non-Microsoft services in msconfig but still had problems I decided to do a repair install using the upgrade option as described here but since I am running SP and the disc does t have SP on it the upgrade option isn t allowed so I tried to uninstall SP as it describes to do to SP here Progress was stuck on at stage of for hours so I was forced to do a hard reboot I am now stuck in an INFINITE REBOOT LOOP at the screen saying quot Uninstalling Service Pack Stage of - complete quot I guess they weren t kidding when they said not to shut my computer off Tried the various System Recovery Options on the install disc Startup Repair - no issues found System Restore - backup points mysteriously missing Complete PC Restore - no valid backup locations found Tried to do a manual uninstall of SP from the command prompt in system recovery but can t find the C temp file they describe here in the C directory Thanks in advance for your thoughts Losing my mind here Vista Business bit nbsp

A:Infinite reboot loop

Hi, you are able to access the RE (repair your computer) option by booting from the OS dvd.
select command prompt, at the x sources prompt type:- C: (press enter) next type:-

cd C:\windows\winsxs (press enter).

Next type:- ren pending.xml pending.old (press enter).

Next Type:- regedit (press enter)

highlight HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE

On the File menu, click Load Hive

The select hive location will open, browse to C:\windows\system32

Locate the following folder: C:\windows\system32\config\components, click to select.

When you are prompted for a name, type:- Offline_Components

In Registry Editor,you will now see a key "Offline_ components" expand the + & locate and then delete the following registry subkeys:-

HKLM\Offline Components\AdvancedInstallersNeedResolving

HKLM\Offline Components\PendingXmlIdentifier

Go back to the key Offline_ components and highlight it go to "file menu" and select unload hive.

Restart computer

You should be able to get back into windows, next go to start search and type:- cmd, right click on the returned cmd.exe and select "run as administrator" at the prompt type, pressing enter after each line:-

Net stop wuauserv
cd %systemroot%
Ren SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old
Net start wuauserv

Restart then see how you go.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/infinite-reboot-loop.1096789/
Relevancy 63.21%

Ok So I was forced to install Red Hat Linux on a different computer than I m actually going to be running it on do Loop with to (nothing Nvidia...) Infinite due to Infinite Loop (nothing to do with Nvidia...) my computer now that has dead PS slots So I move the hard drive I want Linux to be installed on over to the computer I was going to use to install it Installation goes without a hitch and I get to the actual GUI on that computer I may just be the dumbest person to ever install Linux So I moved it hard drive over to the computer I m going to be using Linux on Boots up w o a problem then I get to the Red Hat screen where I select what OS I want to load Naturally there s only Red Hat But of course I m using a USB keyboard and it doesn t detect it Luckily it automatically booted the selected OS which was Red Hat The first - lines of the loading process appear and then a line that says quot Uncompressing Linux quot or something of the like appears and then some text appears beyond that Problem is I don t have time to read the text I actually caught OK at the beginning because my computer reboots right then and there It keeps doing this over and over until I shut down my computer This is very aggravating There has to be a solution somewhere Or am I out of luck nbsp

A:Infinite Loop (nothing to do with Nvidia...)

Neverending restart when booting into linux.
Search feature is your friend!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/infinite-loop-nothing-to-do-with-nvidia.1682/
Relevancy 63.21%

I was playing TES4:Oblivion and suddenly my computer was shut down. It said something like this: "Your computer is shut down to protect it from damage. This error was coused because infinite loop of windows. There was a blue screen with white letters. I don't know what should I do.
Please help...

A:Windows Infinite Loop

you said infinite loop i persume that it happens all the time. can you right click on mycomputer then properties, advance, performance and find recovery in there uncheck system restart.
right click on my comp then manage and copy any error messages you are getting here. have you got antivirus , antispyware installed in your system.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-infinite-loop-240588.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Hello, I didn't really know where to post this but I play in the beta for World of Warcraft The Burning Crusade and I've been playing it for a while now. But the last week or so it just keeps crashing whenever I start it up saying the same blue screen error message that "ialmrnt5" got stuck in an infinite loop, then my computer shuts off.

I am on Windows XP.
I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game twice now with no effect.
When coming back up it asked me to send an error report then it told me to download the newest version of Intel Graphics, and that hasn't had any effect either.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ialmrnt5-infinite-loop.524654/
Relevancy 63.21%

Hey everyone I ve got a very annoying problem After having a bevy of problems with my computer I finally figured it out I changed the BOOT INI section of msconfig to boot windows in Safemode Upon getting in Safemode the computer finally recognized USB devices and the CD drive again wasn t doing so in normal mode So I insert a Windows XP disc used the Advanced infinite loop Safemode An to install mode the An infinite loop to Safemode one that overwrites the previous An infinite loop to Safemode installation of Windows and everything seemed to be going great However the machine restarts and tells me this quot Windows XP Setup cannot run under Safemode An infinite loop to Safemode Setup will restart now quot and has an OK button I click it thinking it s going to boot into normal mode Well it doesn t It boots up again says the same thing I click OK Restart Again OK On and on into infinity So I m stuck and have no idea how to fix this problem Any suggestions nbsp

Relevancy 63.21%

Hello I've installed windows just now and after I install drivers it gets stuck in an infinite reboot loop I'm thinking it has something to do with the chipset The motherboard is an ASUS P Z -V I downloaded the correct drivers from the Asus website and I've also updated my BIOS to the latest version I had the problem when installing the chipset driver from the asus website I skipped this one after Infinite boot loop a reinstall and then installed the rest Seems like Infinite boot loop that wasn't the problem I read around but couldn't get any decent answers I tried a memtest and that came back negative Next i tried to set the SATA settings in BIOS to AHCI RAID IDE that didn't help either I'm kinda stuck here on what to do Specs Intel Core I K OCZ Vertex GB GB Kingston DDR PC ASus P Z -V other regular SATA hdd's I've Infinite boot loop got a bootlog that you can find here Thanks in advance I just did a refresh of my install and this time it booted This is the list of removed apps

A:Infinite boot loop

Was it booting into windows before it rebooted? One of the first things i always do to avoid the repeated boot loop is dsable the feature. right click computer and select properties , then advanced system settings under startup and recovery select settings. Uncheck automatically restart. This gives you a chance to at least try and troubleshoot any future issues (providing of course your pc hasnt locked up). Its a good idea while in there to uncheck the "overwrite existing file" option in debugging information too just incase you need too loo back on any old dump files.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/20496-infinite-boot-loop.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi guys This is my first time Loop! Reboot HELP!! Please Infinite here so if I Infinite Reboot Loop! Please HELP!! post in the wrong place or do something wrong please just help me out I have a problem with my secondary computer Whenever I turn it on it boots shows the BIOS then goes black for about a second then shows the bios again Infinite reboot loop I had Windows on here and I read about the fix online But there was another problem I ran into I can't boot from a CD for whatever reason There's no quot Press any key to boot from CD quot or anything at all My CD drive is totally fine I have a load of them in my garage and I've replaced it twice just to make sure In case this matters I have BIOSes The first BIOS is for my GPU which is a nVidia GeForce It's an old card but it works so no matter I don't think that BIOS does anything really Then after that there's a COMPAQ bios I checked through the settings and I couldn't see any reason it shouldn't be seeing the CD I've tried lots of different CDs my Windows install my Windows XP install Ubuntu Puppy Linux Chrome OS nope My CDs turned out to be ok Also I am totally fine with wiping this drive I just want to put Windows XP on it and make it function like a regular computer Any help will be extremely appreciated Thanks so much Evan

A:Infinite Reboot Loop! Please HELP!!

Will the machine boot up with "factory default" BIOS settings? I've never owned a Dell but sometimes there's a jumper or setting to reset to factory default. Or pull the real time clock battery and wait for 1/2 hour before inserting the battery. Then power it up.

If the CMOS battery is old it could be the BIOS settings are corrupted. Maybe it's failing a CRC test.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/294643-infinite-reboot-loop-please-help.html
Relevancy 63.21%

So I followed these instructions but since I have a Dell computer instead of going to AGP controller I went to PCI Bridge It did NOTHING for me I can t start up my computer without it going to that dreaded blue screen Is there anything I can do I have a Dell Dimension E and it s practically brand new I bought it a couple of months ago and I bought it soley for the graphics How can I fix all of this I don t want a generic graphics card A FIX THAT WORKED FOR ME AND A BUNCH OF OTHER PEOPLE READ ON Here we go folks I Infinite Loop Sadness. ve been having this problem for almost a year now Infinite Loop Sadness. with my computer infinite loop and ati dvag dll reboot errors and tried almost everything my mind could possible think of doing I ve tried every solution on this board and every other board I could find relating to this file and to the infinite loop with absolutely no success I tried every driver package available bios updates agp chipset updates every combination of every setting I ve tried reducing power usage in my computer I ve placed more power in my computer I ve added more fans and created an optimal cooling system in my computer I made sure there were absolutely no IRQ conflicts and nothing was using the same IRQ as my video card I ve tried with one stick of ram with one in and I ve tried disabling onboard sound and putting in a soundblaster card Nothing I mean nothing worked at all Until now I found a solution that has worked for me and a bunch of other people who have tested it for me So give it a try perhaps it will work for you too My computer has been working since I made this change There is a chance it could reduce the effeciency of your texture drawing with your video card but I ve tested it with Unreal Tournament Rise Of Nations Neverwinter Nights Doom Max Payne Transport Giant and a bunch of older games Anyhow no more wait give this a shot Right click-mouse over My Computer Properties Hardware Tab Device Manager button Click next to System devices right-mouse on CPU to AGP Controller or whatever your controller is called mine was SiS AGP Update Driver button Select Install from a list or specific location Advanced Next button Select Don t search I will choose the driver to install Next button Select PCI standard PCI-to-PCI bridge Next button Finish button Reboot Please let me know how this works for you Good luck nbsp

A:Infinite Loop Sadness.

What Dell system doesnt give you a blue screen? I havre a Dell E310 which is slight lower than the E510 but I have nothing but problems with it, with blue screens. And Dell had a tech come out and put new ram and a new hd in it and still had problems I mean like a blue screens every 5 min. So then Dell just sent me a brand new comptuer since it was only a few months old as well. Now when I got the new one it made thse terrible noises so they sent the tech back out and put a new power supply and cpu fan it. It still makes the noises somewhat its the case dell even told me it was put together incorrectly but for some reason didnt replace it? Now the computer feezes like crazy now. So basicly your screwed I owna dell laptop as well that I only use for the internet and have a lot of problems with it as well. I just gave up with trying to fix the blue screens its a waste of time they keep on comming back.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/infinite-loop-sadness.59292/
Relevancy 63.21%

Hello! I have a brand new desktop PC with preinstalled Win7 Home Premium 64bit. I split the HDD and have Ubuntu on the other half. When I logged in Win7 I uninstalled preinstalled Norton Antivirus (it would stop working in two months anyways). After I got rid of it, it asked to restart the computer. I did so but a problem occurred. About 3 or 4 seconds after the restart, the computer restarts again ... and again and again. I lets me go to BIOS but nowhere else because right after that it restarts again. Even when I turn off the computer and turn it on again, it does the same - a restart loop. As I said, the loop takes about 3-5 seconds... Do you have an idea what to do? I do not have an installation CD/DVD, is there a way I can download some boot stuff from the internet?

Thank you very much

A:Infinite restart loop

Hi dvoriner, welcome to the forums

At which point is it restartting? Are you able to at least tap F8 to enter the boot options menu & boot in safe mode?

Note
To access the boot menu keep tapping F8 after the 1st post screen goes blank
OS

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/115191-infinite-restart-loop.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Dear all Let me explain my problem I everything. tried I think repair have Infinite loop, to you in the hope there is a genius out there with a solution Infinite repair loop, I think I have tried everything. I have not tried which will Infinite repair loop, I think I have tried everything. fix my laptop Im running Windows Home Premium bit on a Packard Bell laptop bought a few weeks ago Please ask if you need more details There is a fair bit of explaining in here It all started when one day when I power up my laptop to find a 'A Disk Read Error has Occured press CTRL ALT Del to restart' Ok wasnt expecting that but I know a few tricks up my sleeve So I download a win recovery disk on my netbook burn it and put it in my laptop I boot from disk but find that when it comes to select an operating system there is nothing there In any case I skip that and over the next few days go through this I may not get the order correct because I have done things multiple times over a few days - Run Startup Repair which did not respond for hrs repeated again Run FixMBR Fixboot amp RebuildBCD successful but dont fix RebuildBCD reports windows installations Try to run CHKDSK but get a read only problem Repair Registry using the whole 'mybackup hive files etc ' thing Use cmd to find info on the HDD Enter HDD using 'locate drivers' and make backups of important data Rerun CHKDSK this time specifying D drive main partition This hangs at on stage Run Startup repair a few more times nothing sfc scannow tells me I have a repair pending and have to restart every time i try to use it Even straight after a restart By this stage Im preparing to give up when after leaving Startup Repair on over night I find that the quot Disk read error quot has gone I dont know which of the above fix attempts was the culprit However It was replaced with a quot Missing OS quot error After restarted this error has now been replaced with an infinite repair loop On the plus side the recovery disk now recognizes my OS in the select OS window as Windows recovered and the recovery options can be run without using the dvd I have run Startup Repair a few times after the first couple of different error reports and fixes it now always comes up with a corrupted registry as the root problem after running through all the checks times So I redid the manual registry repair to no avail I then try and boot into Safe Mode which just hangs at the windows loading screen as does 'Last know good configuration' Do pretty much all the beforementioned fixes again RebuildBCD still reports installation of windows even though it now seems to have come back in a partial way Sfc scannow still doesnt work I try system restore but I dont have a restore point Now I am trying CHKDSK again but its been sitting at again for a little while now although now at out of instead of out of whatever it was before I know I have not made the most clear of posts here but I have done lots of different checks and such over the past few days and its hard to remember exactly what the details were If you would like to know more about any of the individual checks fixes I have made I will try my best to remember Anyway I know I could wipe the HDD and reinstall Windows but I would really like to fix the problem without doing that if possible because otherwise I will feel defeated So if anyone has any more suggestions I will try it out and see if it works And if it works or even if it doesnt I will really appreciate it

A:Infinite repair loop, I think I have tried everything.

Quote: Originally Posted by Pacman99

Dear all,

Anyway, I know I could wipe the HDD and reinstall Windows but I would really like to fix the problem without doing that if possible, because otherwise I will feel defeated.

So if anyone has any more suggestions I will try it out and see if it works. And if it works or even if it doesnt I will really appreciate it.

Whilst I admire your persistence.....
There are times when we all need to face the fact that there maybe just a few things we don't fully understand.
My advice would be to cut your losses both in time & in the pursuit of further knowledge & move on.
Should you require help with reinstalling Win 7 let us know.
Now to tempt you with a little reading.....

Clean Install Windows 7

Repair Install

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/178905-infinite-repair-loop-i-think-i-have-tried-everything.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Hello.

I have a problem with one of my computers, apparently something is wrong when it, because when i try to boot it up, it says "Scanning IDE drives".
After that, it moves on to boot menu asking me if i want to: "Start Windows Normally", "Safe Mode, w. network etc.".

...What is the cause of this? And how can i fix it?

Regards

-Cazz

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/infinite-boot-loop-438800.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Evening everyone I just put a PC together and besides forgetting the power supply all went well physically A little background this computer used to run Vista x but I wanted to upgrade and read that my mobo could support a Phenom II x if I startup loop Infinite flashed it which I did and that went well until I reformatted to install Windows I decided to post here because after reading quite a few threads this forum seemed very helpful and friendly My problem is I'm getting the infinite Infinite startup loop startup loop but when I follow the instructions here Startup Repair Infinite Loop Recovery Around step it says to type C and press enter but when I do it says in the command prompt 'Drive not Ready ' Also it is normal to have 'X windows system gt ' stuck there not able to be backspaced I'm thinking no Anyway I'm kind of in a rush here because as some of you may know the Beta for Guild Wars is going on and I've already missed a day of it trying to fix my PC so if Infinite startup loop I've done anything in Infinite startup loop a way that opposes the posting rules of this forum I apologize Thanks in advance for reading this whether to help or for the title or both UnderhandDread or just Dread or Underhand Alex works too

A:Infinite startup loop

This is a recycled drive from the previous build of the system then?
If so, I would actually suggest a full wipe of the drive followed by a do over install attempt.
SSD / HDD : Optimize for Windows Reinstallation

Clean Install Windows 7

The truth here is I can't be sure about anything that's going on until we've removed anything that might have been going on with the disk itself from the equation.

It is possible the firmware update has not in fact done the trick of adding full support for the new chip.
It is equally as possible we are just dealing with a drive that needs to be cleaned up too though.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/227059-infinite-startup-loop.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Hello,
I recently started up my computer and it redirected to startup repair. I am running Windows 10 Home. No matter what I do, every time I start up my computer, the windows logo pops up and redirects to startup repair. I have a Windows 10 Cd handy from another computer. Please help me fix this!

Relevancy 63.21%

Whenever I start my laptop Asus G74S it goes from the Asus splash screen to the startup system repair it runs it for a while then says it cannot be repaired. i've tried to system restore and what is suggested here (http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/139576-startup-repair-infinite-loop-recovery.html) and it did not work. I'm wondering if I need to just wipe the hard drive and start fresh or is there anyother fix to this.

I have windows 7 64 bit

Relevancy 63.21%

I have been all over the net and it seems that what I am experiencing is PC stuck infinite in loop either unique or I have not been using the correct terminology in my searches PC stuck in infinite loop To start off I have a custom built computer running windows bit Today when I came home i decided to start toying around with UDK for those of you who don t know thats a type of program used to make video games since I m a Game Design student Everything was fine I started her up got on chrome went and started my download etc etc everything was fine I even decided to start playing a game regardless of lag Its at this moment when I accidentally hit the half moon button or sleep button which caused my machine to start to shut down However I tried to stop it buy hitting space and clicking the mouse buttons a few times to no avail Finally i waited till she was completely turned off and then hit space and moved my mouse a bit nothing I tried a bunch of things and nothing got it to work so I hit the power button and presto something happened It starts to boot up but then it shuts down It conterminously does this unless i hit the power button and hold it If i hit the power button again after i have stopped it it will just continue to loop I get nothing on the screen monitor So far I have removed anything USB pc card by pc card ram stick by ram stick the hard drives the cpu anything that might be cause the problem I doubt there is any type of overheating due to the fact that all of the components are rather chilled or cool to the touch The PSU is also in working order All of the info leds on my machine are also telling me its okay I could really use some help with this and I thank you for your time I m a game student but also and artist so for me my computer is rather important nbsp

Relevancy 63.21%

Someone recently dropped off this computer to me to be fixed. The problem is that everytime it goes to boot to windows it goes through all the normal procedures of counting the ram loading the drives and goes to the "Starting Windows" screen the bar down the bottom progresses but when it reaches the end the computer just reboots and does this all over again. I have tried to get into windows usng safe mode but the computer still goes into the infinte reboot loop. I have reseated everything inside the machine and still no luck. Any help is greatly appreciated, this is getting realy annoying watching this loop over and over.

XxDcMast

Relevancy 63.21%

I have an Inspiron 7720 laptop I've had for a couple years from the Dell online store and it has always been reliably fast with windows 8. I recently upgraded to windows 10 and it is so slow that I decided to reinstall windows 10 and get rid of all my installed apps and personal files by selecting the recovery option. During the process, it said something was wrong and gave no error code. Now everytime I turn it on, it shows the Dell logo with black background saying it hadn't been properly shut down for about 10 seconds then shows the same thing again infinitely. When I press F12, it just shows a stretched out version of the logo and message. I've looked up about this problem but they all involve removing hardware. I'm not a technical person and am afraid to take out parts of my laptop, especially since it has been working just fine until windows 10 came along.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19994464
Relevancy 63.21%

Hey there I'm having a bit of a problem and I hope you can help me I have windows XP SP and Vista installed on one PC but I usually run Vista left xp installed for security purposes such as this I wanted to defrag my drive and was prompted to reboot so chkdsk could do its thing However after it finished scanning my partitions takes an awful long time around - hours after the message that basically says quot scan Loop Reboot Infinite completed quot you get that line of dots that fills up with more dots after which it's supposed to reboot cleanly But then it just stops after seven dots I left it Infinite Reboot Loop sitting there for six hours and it only hangs Does it every time So now I can't boot If I reboot it starts scanning again hangs etc Booting into safe mode gets me a list of sys files and it hangs at crcdisk sys Booting into last working configuration makes it run chkdisk again Posting from my xp install now I'd really like to get this fixed without losing any data or hardware if that's possible Is there any way to disable checkdisk from this OS I've been toying with the idea of just finding and deleting chkdisk exe but I doubt it will do any good

A:Infinite Reboot Loop

I'd try booting to the Vista DVD and running the Startup Repair ( http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/repair-windows-with-windows-startup-repair/ ). The chkdsk function is most commonly called by the "dirty" bit being set on your hard drive - chich prompts chkdsk to run at reboot. If it's not fixing itself, the only other option that I've read about is formatting the hard drive. I'd suspect that removing chkdsk would cause the computer to just stop - rather than skipping chkdsk.FWIW - I'd also try a bootable diagnostic on your hard drive. They're available for free from most hard drive manufacturers websites.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/105683/infinite-reboot-loop/
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi I recently built a new machine for - ATI Infinite Issue? Loop the home to play some games and such So far everything s been smooth Than last week I ve gotten this error BSOD times in two different forms on various days This error seems to be an infinite loop that may be caused by my ATI card Here s my recent error x EA - x x E xBA E CBC x Prior to this I got an error BSOD that stated ati dvag Infinite Loop Here are my PC stats OS Windows XP SP CPU AMD Athlon II X Regor GHz x MB L Cache Socket AM W Dual-Core MB BIOSTAR A E AM AMD ATX AMD Motherboard Mem G SKILL GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC HD Gb Video HIS H QR GH Radeon HD GB -bit DDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card PSU Rosewill W I ve uninstalled drivers x - Replacing the one from the CD with the latest and then removing the latest and putting the recommended driver from the HIS website site XP - a- C-ATI From some google searches it seems to be an overall ATI issue or am I wrong and there is something I can do to remedy this Would love some feedback as I am still within my return refund time period Thanks in advance for your time and help Feiton

A:Infinite Loop - ATI Issue?

I would uninstall all video drivers...via both Device Manager and Add/Remove Programs. That includes Catalyst or any other related software package installed initially from the CD or which you downloaded and installed relative to that card.

I would then use the drivers which came on the CD, not the most current ones. The drivers on the CD are known to work with that card.

My experience with ATI cards...led me to the above suggestions.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/396685/infinite-loop-ati-issue/
Relevancy 63.21%

Had Windows 7 installed, upgraded to Windows 10.

Worked well & following a Microsoft update it went into an infinite reboot loop.

Tried to re-install 10 but no joy so wiped & tried Windows 7. I still have the infinite reboot loop.

When I do a clean install it goes through & works but then starts with the loop.

I tried to use repair but no joy.

I can boot using Safe Mode in 7.

I deleted some of the partitions before doing a clean install.

Any thoughts and help much appreciated.

A:Infinite Reboot Loop

Originally Posted by bwfc0907

I deleted some of the partitions before doing a clean install.

You really haven't provided enough information. For example, is it a laptop or desktop? Win 7 OEM or Retail? So, lacking all that information, I would suggest "deleting all partitions" when doing a clean install of Win 7 to make it a true clean install.

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/59473-infinite-reboot-loop.html
Relevancy 63.21%

I recently upgraded my pc hardware as well as the OS from vista to win home prem I Have tried to reinstall windows countless times and i never have a problem with the first start up i can install all my drivers and download my games and even play them but if for any reason my desktop decides to restart it either gets stuck in an infinite loop of restarts with the Windows failed to startup blah blah blah I do system repair and it either freezes or reports no problem Memory checksum test always fails at different percentages of completion Now if it doesnt get Infinite restart loop stuck in the Infinite restart loop infinite loop of restarts then Infinite restart loop bios just doesnt detect my hdd at all no matter how i set it up as ahci raid or ide I had the same problem a few weeks ago with windows vista i changed it from ahci to ide and problem was solved so i thought until i upgraded to win same problem toyed around with the setting til voila no problem i upgraded my vid card and ram last night no problem until i restarted the pc then BAM the same problem alternating between infinite restarts or just not detecting the hdd period until i unplug the sata and reconnect it and restart the only thing i can think of since i switched out the ram and video card with the previously installed components is my hdd has cancer and is dying or my bios is out of date which so far i havent been able to find an update for phoenix bios newer than the version already loaded on it i am getting so frustrated that im thinking about a homocide suicide with my pc

you can at least stop the restarting by right clicking on my computer/advanced system settings/ advanced/ start up and recovery then untick automatically restart, then you can check your event log for the problem.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/infinite-restart-loop-437475.html
Relevancy 63.21%

I followed these instructions for fixing the ati2dvag infinite loop problem, and it did nothing for me. I have a Dell Dimension E510, and as of last night whenever I turn on my computer it goes straight to a blue screen saying that I've got a ati2dvag infinite loop error. I really want to fix this! My computer is practically brand new. I'm in safe mode right now. Right click-mouse over My ComputerPropertiesHardware(Tab)Device Manager(button)Click [+] next to System devicesright-mouse on CPU to AGP Controller (or whatever your controller is called, mine was SiS AGP)Update Driver(button)Select Install from a list or specific location (Advanced)Next(button)Select Don't search. I will choose the driver to install.Next(button)Select PCI standard PCI-to-PCI bridgeNext(button)Finish(button)Reboot.

A:Infinite Loop Problems

If you have a Dell:
Instead of looking for the CPU to AGP controller, look for
"A2801 PCI bridge"

Did you install the latest driver from Dell?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/66287/infinite-loop-problems/
Relevancy 63.21%

Alright, I just recently got my computer back from repairs (hard drive failure), downloaded some programs, the last one being Virtual Clone Drive, a CD image emulation program so I wouldn't have to waste a CD on every CD image I have. Just when I have finished downloading it, BAM the computer restarts, goes all the way up to the desktop, stays there for a few seconds and then restarts and keeps looping like that.

I tried safe mode and last known good configuration, neither of which made any difference. Disabling automatic restart on system failure, I got a blue screen of death telling me windows has been stopped to protect your computer and whatever.

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

I'm a real N00B when it comes to this stuff so I'm asking you to help me find out what the problem is and then maybe remove it.

Did you try and let Geek Squad fix it? What "repairs" place did you take it to?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/infinite-restart-loop-265578.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Greetings Okay- lonnnng history here bare with me I ve had an XPS Gen since about I purchased it as a refurb and it s been nothing but amazing ever since I ve done basic maintenance and have taken it in for checkups regularly Its been about or years since I last upgraded or did anything with it I ve had no problems minus an incredible slow down over the last year or two It also told me my battery voltage was low This week I ve installed a new sound card firewire card CMOS battery and upgraded from x mb RAM to x mb amp x gb RAM in that order On saturday I installed the new sound card amp firewire and it booted fine the first time Everything Infinite Boot Loop? installed fine and everything worked properly I was doing some regular maintenance by cleaning out my startup programs removing the obnoxious stuff like Weather Channel and MSN Messenger the usual crud that slows down any startup It Infinite Boot Loop? required a system reboot and when I rebooted it installed new windows updates Strange enough all of these updates when checked via safe mode were all for Win Security Since these were installed it will no longer boot properly It will boot in safe mode with and without networking just fine- however when i try to boot in regular windows it just sits at the Windows logo with the loading bar- infinitely I could leave it do this over night and it will not stop until I hard boot the computer I ve checked all boot settings they are all set to default which has always been the same and has never changed anytime since At one point i managed to make a change in safe mode I believe it may have been via the virus scans with Malwarebytes or quot RegFix quot i have on my desktop that I use to recover from viruses that allowed it to boot up in regular mode again- but once again when it loaded my account in regular mode it demanded i restart the computer- and when i did it installed another updates same ten I believe Now Im back to not being able to boot into regular windows without safe mode Any ideas on how to stop this ridiculous infinite loop I ve pretty much filtered out that any of the new hardware is the problem- unless its related to these windows updates somehow conflicting

A:Infinite Boot Loop?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307545Hi and welcome -Was the M/soft link above the one you used to run the "RegFix" that you mention, or is it another program -I only have 8 Security Updates listed for this year , unless you have removed all past updates and needed to install older ones also -Thank You -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/382210/infinite-boot-loop/
Relevancy 63.21%

Ok I am so stumped at this I am usually good with this stuff I am an advanced user and can fix most things loop An infinite of madness But this is one thing I can't fix So I'm coming to you Here we go About a month ago my cousin sent me a message telling me his computer stopped booting into Windows Vista So he came over and I found out that Startup Repair reported a corrupted registry There was nothing I could do so I formatted and installed a copy of Windows I installed MOST of the updates within the time he was over And when he left everything was OK About a week later he called and told me it was doing it again An infinite loop of madness Except this time it was Windows there was an infinite loop It would immediately go into startup repair even if you selected another option There was nothing I could do and start up repair reported a corrupted registry Just like Vista I reformatted and installed Windows again This time I turned Windows Update off because he said it happened after an update Only TWO days later he called me and told me that it did it AGAIN I'm in awe I don't know what to do He came over I let start up repair diagnose it and sure enough corrupt registry I'm not going to touch it until I figure out what's wrong It's a Sony VAIO Has anybody ever experienced this before

A:An infinite loop of madness

Have you wiped the HD to give the cleanest possible slate for install?

Make sure he has the lastest BIOS version update, set BIOS to defaults, then set SATA controller to AHCI first, then IDE if necessary.

After Win7 install, check for newer drivers in optional Windows Update then do your Updates, set a restore point or save a Win7 backup image, then slowly install programs to gauge performance after each.

After it is set up and running, save a Win7 backup image again so you have the ability to roll back in 20 minutes rather than reinstall every time.

Don't do any tweaking other than normal settings. Never use a Registry Cleaner or mess with registry other than CCleaner and Auslogics Defraggers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/99336-infinite-loop-madness.html
Relevancy 63.21%

So basically I began having some trouble with my computer freezing I d reboot and all would be well - until one day when it just would not fully boot The splash screen Infinite Loop Restart shows up for the brand as does the windows splash screen before directing me to boot options No matter which option is selected I ve tried all of them A lot the computer repeats the process of directing me to boot options It also gives me an error indicating that windows has prevented the computer from starting to quot prevent damage quot the screen passes VERY quickly so I cannot quite catch the whole lot I attempted to run an Linux live disc and received mounting errors while it attempted to write to the RAM I assumed this meant the RAM was out it made sense and replaced the RAM I then boldly tried both the Linux disc and regular start up again I received the same infinite reboot and mounting errors as before I do not know at this point whether I m dealing with some sort of virus or a genuinely soul-crushing hardware issue The files on the computer are work-related and the inability to access them is driving my employer er a bit batty Specs HP Pavilion a n yeah I know but it worked perfectly for this long Factory except for that new RAM chip which is a mb ram Running Windows XP Home SP if I m not mistaken Infinite Restart Loop I do NOT have any of the original discs which came with the computer that I Infinite Restart Loop know of Numerous moves and years have separated me from them BONUS INFO San Check Hydrat rolled a d and received a landing him in Arkham Asylum for the duration of the game

A:Infinite Restart Loop

If it's a work computer...why isn't an IT person involved in taking care of this?

To see the content of the error message, try the following:

1. Press F8 during boot up until the boot options menu comes up.

2. Scroll down to "Disable automatic restart on system failure" and press ENTER.

That should stop the screen so that it can be read.

Post the cntent in your next post.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/391938/infinite-restart-loop/
Relevancy 63.21%

Had problems with my Acer Aspire 8943g yesterday so ended up restoring windows 7 to factory settings. All seemed fine. It started installing all the acer stuff that goes on the first time you use the computer. I turned it off for the night, went to work and I've come back home and turned it on and it's on an infinite loop. The splash screen comes up, disappears with a blinking _ at the top left for about a second, then it goes black for another second then back to the splash screen and so fourth. What the hell??? (Also safe mode is not possible to enter. F8 does nothing. Only F2 and F12.

A:Startup on infinite loop :(

Since you mentioned you were having problems before then reinstalled Windows and the problems persist I am assuming maybe that you could have a failing HDD.

From another PC if possible ask a friend or family member to use theirs

Downloading UBCD which is in my signature.Burn the ISO Image to a blank CD using Imgburn (How to burn a ISO Image using Imgburn) burn at lowest speed. With the newly burned cd boot with the cd go to HDD>Diagnostics>The make and model of your hard drive, Seagate, Maxtor, Drive Fitness which is Hitachi, Or Western Digital. Perform a short and long test. Could also be called "Standard" and "Extended" test or also "Comprehensive" test. The Seagate hard drive test will work on most drives.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/startup-on-infinite-loop-836233.html
Relevancy 62.35%

My laptop had been running fine until recently my browser stopped loading just google.com. Fearing a virus, I ran microsoft security essentials, which then prompted me to run a second Microsoft virus removal tool. Having (successfully) cleared the computer, when I went to restart it keeps going to the start up repair tool, which never repairs anything. I cannot open in safe mode. The only thing I can do is after the start up repair fails it gives me advanced options, which are start up repair, system restore, memory check, and command prompt. I tried system restore, but I get a message saying that it failed. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

A:Startup repair infinite loop

Hello Christopherlyma! I would recommend performing the startup repair.

Let us know how it turns out.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/startup-repair-infinite-loop-629699.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Ever since my old motherboard died Biostar NF Socket and I bought a replacment board a MSI K MM -VH VIA Based should have seen it coming I ve been having blackout problems and lock-ups due to Infinite Loop problems however I think I solved it by disabling ATI Smart by going into services msc and ramping up my memory timings However now I m having Windows problems related to memory to another... my Loop just I I solved think go Infinite to Problem I think Event Type Error Event Source System Error Event Category Event ID Date Time AM User N A Computer CELERON-D Description Error code ea parameter fd b parameter c bc parameter f becb parameter For more information see Help and Support Center at http go microsoft com fwlink events asp Data I think I solved my Infinite Loop Problem to just go to another... d System E f rror Er f f ror code e d a Param eters c fd b c bc c f I think I solved my Infinite Loop Problem to just go to another... bec c b My Memory Timings that are in use when this happens is DRR Speed mhz CAS RAs to Cas Delay - T Command Rate is T And the black outs and lock-ups almost seem familar to the Infinite Loop Syndrome however I have no idea where to go from hear By the Way I have tried Multiple video cards on this system Both ATI and both have failed If I slow down my memory timings then windows tells me that the videocard hangs I ve tried registry fixes the beta patch by VIA turning off VPU recover turning off ATI Smart have updated drivers to everything didn t go to Cat though because then Invalid Display CRT errors appear I get anywhere between and errors of this when I boot up The strang thing is though once out of every or random boots the next boot up will go smoothly and I can play games for hours I have no idea what is going on nbsp

A:I think I solved my Infinite Loop Problem to just go to another...

(I hope you have access to a computer with a CD burner.)

I've found this tool very helpful at identifying bad memory. It's positively identified bad ram 100% of the time for me. Download this and follow the instructions to burn it to a blank CD-R. Then boot from the CD-R on your suspect computer. Run the Extended Diagnostics for at least one complete cycle. (Usually if it doesn't detect RAM pattern errors on the first cycle then the RAM is good and there isn't much need to run additional cycles.)

http://oca.microsoft.com/en/windiag.asp

Post the results here.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-think-i-solved-my-infinite-loop-problem-to-just-go-to-another.82874/
Relevancy 62.35%

After installing the Catalyst 10.7 hotfix, I rebooted my PC, and as soon as it hit the login screen, the sound repeated the same sound byte in an infinite loop until I hard reset the PC.
I have no idea what caused this, but it's got me incredibly worried.
I've tried rebooting 3 times since, and I haven't had the issue. I've also checked eventviewer which reports no errors or critical errors in application security or system tabs.

Totally confused.

A:PC was stuck on infinite loop after reboot?

Quote:

I've tried rebooting 3 times since, and I haven't had the issue

So, the problem doesn't occur anymore right?

Also, please follow these steps (yes i know that you are BSOD-free, but these reports collect useful data): http://www.techsupportforum.com/f217...ml#post2545708

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/pc-was-stuck-on-infinite-loop-after-reboot-502444.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi guys For a while now I have had random BSOD with the above error and a STOP command of x EA I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the graphics card drivers as problem Infinite - loop ati2dvag it looks like an ATI problem but no luck so far I have downloaded HijackThis and the logfile is detailed below Can anyone help me solve this problem Thanks in advance Sad Nation Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM Quad CPU Q GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Radeon HD PRO Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc J C A CN H PN Antivirus avast Antivirus Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled Logfile of Infinite loop - ati2dvag problem Trend Micro HijackThis v BETA Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Trusteer Rapport bin RapportMgmtService Infinite loop - ati2dvag problem exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast AvastSvc exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Elements PhotoshopElementsFileAgent exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Google Update GoogleCrashHandler exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SeaPort SeaPort exe Infinite loop - ati2dvag problem C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Program Files XPUnlimited xputserver exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Trusteer Rapport bin RapportService exe C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C PROGRA ALWILS Avast avastUI exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DX PDVDDXSrv exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger MsnMsgr Exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Skype Phone Skype exe C WINDOWS system wjview exe C Program Files Skype Plugin Manager skypePM exe C Program Files Windows Live Contacts wlcomm exe C WINDOWS system msiexec exe C Program Files TrendMicro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www bbc co uk R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search Default Page URL http partnerpage google com small n amp client dell-usuk amp channel uk-smb amp ibd R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http partnerpage google com small n amp client dell-usuk amp channel uk-smb amp ibd F - REG system ini UserInit C WINDOWS system userinit exe O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO Search Helper - EBF - F- bff-A F-B E AAC B - C Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack Search Helper SEPsearchhelperie dll O - BHO CDelHotkeys Object - F C-A - - DC -D... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/infinite-loop-ati2dvag-problem.989012/
Relevancy 62.35%

so i bought this for my mother a while need (infinite help in yoga loop :( 11s bitlocker back and now got her a bigger resolution laptop due to eyesight I was trying to get into the usb boot menu to get it back to windows rt vs and everytime i hold power up and hold the windows button on the screen and try to access advanced start up options dont see bios access anywhere so assumed this is where i need to go it wants me to supply the bitlocker key nbsp i have the key need help :( (infinite bitlocker loop in yoga 11s and have tried times now times before completely updating the laptop after restoring it to factory and times after updating did nothing because when i apply the key it says to push restart to apply the change i try to attempt to re enter advanced start up and again wants my key that i already gave it times nbsp nbsp all i wish to attempt is boot from usb and install the os and i assumed i have to allow legacy i say this because when i try to just boot from usb which the option is there and my usb is in the port detected by the laptop at least when i go look after logging in it will shut off and either very rarely freeze up circle stops spinning for mins or more till im forced to hold the power or goes back to the desktop instead of using the usb nbsp i have the media creation and used it to create the os on the stick i read around a little bit and someone had said i needed to do it in fat which i originally formatted to ntsf so i copied all the files to the desktop and re formatted to fat and put the files back on the usb stick still doesnt detect or use the usb nbsp im at my wits end with this laptop was really hoping to either put original rt or dual boot linux on it but with these issues of not being able to access usb boot OR i may have messed up the stick i wont be able to do that nbsp if anyone can help me please do lt thank you to whomever took the time to read and help me

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/need-help-infinite-bitlocker-loop-in-yoga-11s/td-p/3368366
Relevancy 62.35%

This morning i started up my pc, left for a little while, came back and noticed my pc reaching a certain point, receiving a BSOD and restarting. It gets past the little windows loading icon then comes up to a dick check - "One of your disk needs to be checked for consistency..." it begins the scan than a BSOD flashes and it restarts.

Ive tried system restore but it came up with an error. Ive also tried booting in safe mode but it just freezes up and restarts. The only thing that seems to work is Boot in last known good configuration.

I haven't installed any new programs or drives and the last windows update i installed was two days ago.

Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks.

A:Windows 7 caught in an infinite loop

Hello and welcome xcorrupt mate any external stuff plugged in if so take them and try.

You need to get into safe mode. Some specs would be good too

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/293884-windows-7-caught-infinite-loop.html