Windows Support Forum

PC freezing and crashing

Q: PC freezing and crashing

Hello all Have a problem with my PC have had it for about a year now Works great minus the quot freezing quot or locking up i get while watching videos or playing PC freezing crashing and video games on it This problem only seems to occur while im watching a you tube video or playing my favorite game WOW The PC will freeze or lock up and i have nothing else to do but restart it sometimes its good for days while other times it happens repeatedly Ive ran memory tests on the ram and have tested the video memory of my graphics card as well checked the hardrive updated and fixed video drivers as well After all that effort i got it to work again but alas after mins or so of running i got a blue screen crash then to a black screen I restarted the PC only to find this error message couldn PC freezing and crashing t open drive multi disk rdisk partition as well as NTLDR couldn t open drive multi disk rdisk PC freezing and crashing partition After all the testing i did i thought i had it but to no avail Looking for any tips or help to get my PC to keep from locking up or freezing on me Have a ghz Intel core duo processor xfx gpu gb ram hard drive Any help PC freezing and crashing would be greatly appreciated Thank you all nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-freezing-and-crashing.137220/
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: PC freezing and crashing

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 53.32%

When Im Playing a game, my computer shuts it off in the middle of gameplay, any explanation?
(I tried re-installing, and it didnt work)

Also, Im trying to install a few programs onto my computer, and during intallation, my com puter freezes, any explanations?

Thank You To anyone Who Replies!!!

A:Games Freezing/Crashing And Problems nsalling Software (freezing)

Cody
Welcome to TSG!
You problem could be resource related. Please give us a little more information about your system. The OS your using, the computer itself, Ram, processor and so on.
Dave

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/games-freezing-crashing-and-problems-nsalling-software-freezing.51386/
Relevancy 46.44%

hey min win7 (7100x64) keeps crashing all the time

in event veiwer ive traced it down to
VSS
Express Writer error: failed while adding express writers from directory System.

Operation:
Initializing Writer
Gathering Writer Data
Executing Asynchronous Operation

Context:
File Path: C:\Windows\Vss\Writers\System\
Execution Context: Requestor
Current State: GatherWriterMetadata

Error-specific details:
Error: CreateFile("75DFB225-E2E4-4d39-9AC9-FFAFF65DDF06.xml"), 0x80070002, The system cannot find the file specified.
how do i fix this?

Relevancy 46.44%

I don't know the difference between a malware and a virus...so i hope I am not posinting in the wrong forum.

My problem is...my ASUS comuter, Windows 7, less than 1 year old, keeps crashing and giving me a blue screen with white writing on it, or freezes when i am online. I have brought it in for repair three times in the past 2 months. i bought the suggested anti-virus, even though i already had a different anti-virus already installed. This did not help. I downloaded the Microsoft security essentials...this did not help either. Any help you can give me would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/434561/crashing-and-freezing/
Relevancy 46.44%

Sorry if this question is a bit specific but when i start the campaign or a multiplayer mission it loads very very ultra slow freezing and Please G.R.A.W. crashing! help!! then when i finally get into the weapon select screen it freezes and crashes as soon as i try to change my weapon or start mission I dont get any error messages either If anyone knows whats wrong or how to fix the problem I d be very grateful My specs ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time G.R.A.W. freezing and crashing! Please help!! of this report Machine name TYLER Operating System Windows XP Professional Build Service Pack xpsp sp gdr - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer HP Pavilion System Model DF A-ABA A C BIOS BIOS Date Ver Processor AMD Athlon XP MMX DNow GHz Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C WINDOWS DirectX Version DirectX c DX Setup Parameters Not found DxDiag Version bit Unicode --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name RADEON PRO Manufacturer ATI Technologies Inc Chip type RADEON PRO AGP x E DAC type Internal DAC MHz Device G.R.A.W. freezing and crashing! Please help!! Key Enum PCI VEN amp DEV E amp SUBSYS amp REV Display Memory MB Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor hp f Flat Panel Monitor Monitor Max Res Driver Name ati dvag dll Driver G.R.A.W. freezing and crashing! Please help!! Version English DDI Version or higher Driver Attributes Final Retail Driver Date Size bytes WHQL Logo d Yes WHQL Date Stamp n a VDD n a Mini VDD ati mtag sys Mini VDD Date bytes Device Identifier D B EE - D - CF- C A- A C CB Vendor ID x Device ID x E SubSys ID x Revision ID x Revision ID x Video Accel Deinterlace Caps n a Registry OK DDraw Status Enabled D D Status Enabled AGP Status Not Available DDraw Test Result Not run D D Test Result Not run D D Test Result Not run D D Test Result Not run ------------- Sound Devices ------------- Description Realtek AC Audio Default Sound Playback Yes Default Voice Playback Yes Hardware ID PCI VEN DE amp DEV A amp SUBSYS amp REV A Manufacturer ID Product ID Type WDM Driver Name ALCXWDM SYS Driver Version English Driver Attributes Final Retail WHQL Logo d Yes Date and Size bytes Other Files Driver Provider Realtek Semiconductor Corp HW Accel Level Full Cap Flags xF F Min Max Sample Rate Static Strm HW Mix Bufs Static Strm HW D Bufs HW Memory Voice Management No EAX Listen Src Yes Yes I DL Listen Src Yes Yes Sensaura ZoomFX No Registry OK Sound Test Result Not run nbsp

Relevancy 46.44%

Hello, I have been experiencing problems with my computer crashing/locking up when I minimise to my desktop and then alt + tab back into my game(counter strike/silk road online etc) I can't ctrl + alt + delete, alt + tab or anything I am forced to reboot, if somebody could shed some light on my problem I would really appreciate it, thanks in advance. this only happens when I am playing video games, it has never happened browsing the internet.

A:Crashing, Freezing.

Hello mikecks and welcome to TSG!

I've not played those games before but some games are known to cause unpredictable results, that's why some games disable the alt+tab ability.

What are your system specs?
Have you got the latest drivers installed?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/crashing-freezing.465648/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi For a while now I have been having trouble running half-life and episode one & Freezing Crashing of Freezing & Crashing the game on my computer The problem was that when ever I ran the game half-life or episode one that it would either freeze or crash the computer and restarting it So after a lot of hardware switching from my computer to a friends I found out that Freezing & Crashing my ram seem to be causing the problem I use x DDR kingmax I can run everything else on my system apart for half-life with the mb even more demanding games then half-life But for some Freezing & Crashing odd reason when I take out a stick and only run the system with mb I can run half-life and episode with no problems at all It s only when I put in the second stick that I get problems with the game But to make sure that one of the ram sticks wasn t faulty I switch them both and ran the game and it all works as long as I only have total system memory So just to check I also used a friends generic x mb DDR for both ram slots to make sure that maybe there wasn t anything wrong with the second ram slot but it worked just fine the entire time So I m kind of at a loss at the moment on what could be wrong My motherboard is a P P S-X that I had to get about a year ago because my original broke Thanks for any help nbsp

Relevancy 46.44%

I have a Samsung Chronos Series running Windows and as of a day ago i have been experiencing extreme stability issues freezing programs and general unresponsiveness Whenever I boot up my computer and log in within minutes the system Crashing/Freezing freezes with the only way of shutting it off being to hold down the power and force reboot Each time windows boots up within a few minutes of logging on the system Crashing/Freezing freezes again After repeating this a few times it eventually would boot up but freeze between the windows screen and the log in screen The mouse was functional and could be moved around the screen but it was frozen at a black screen To fix this I ran a system restore through the BIOS This corrected that problem but I am still left with the problem of Crashing/Freezing my system freezing every time it boots up I have run my anti-virus Kaspersky and malwarebyes neither have found any sort of malware

A:Crashing/Freezing

1..What i would try first is boot into Safe Mode (f8) and see if problem is present there as well.İf everything works fine in Safe Mode then some third party services are probably causing the problems.

2.. a clean boot to troubleshoot the problem http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

3..How much RAM have you got? İf there's enough then next step 4.. would be a scan with http://www.eset.com/us/online-scanner/

(best to access the site with İE)run a scan,checkmark all appropriate boxes,including 'check archives,

click on advanced settings and checkmark ''scan for potentialy unsafe apps'

disable your antivirus just before you run Start

and re-enable it afterwards.The scanner will give you the option to delete anything it finds at the end.

Please do that and if after a cleaning of your disk and a reboot,the problem persists,please let us know the results.

İf no malware is found we'll have to do chkdsk next.

P.S İf malware is found please also go to Start>Run type prefetch click ok and delete everything on that page,then empty Recycle bin and reboot.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/478047/crashingfreezing/
Relevancy 46.44%

here is my pc spec

ECS-P965T-A Extreme Motherboard
Intel Core 2 Duo - Quad Core 2.66Ghz CPU
4096MB Crucial Ballistix DDR2 Ram
NVIDIA GeForce 7300 LE
SATA 250GB HDD 7800Rpm
XP Sp2 32 Bit Edition
Antec 900 Pc Gamer Case (8 Fans)
ThermalTake 500w PSU

i recently installed xp home sp2 and ever since then it keeps randomly crashing and freezing, its done it twice as ive played world of warcraft, do you think its got anything to do with a cpu toture test i did the other day or maybe limewire pro?
help?

Relevancy 46.44%

Hi, when i play games on my computer after a bit of time the computer will all of a sudden freeze on a frame of the game and a buzzing sound will come from my computer can someone help me.

Relevancy 46.44%

I bought a Fujitsu siemans laptop for my son
Amilo PI
1.6 Dual processor
1.5 ram
120hdd
vista premium
When i try to download music /movies etc from various sites
my laptop crashes or freezes every time .Ive updated vista but to no avail
Please could anyone help cheers

A:Crashing/Freezing

Could you possibly add where your downloading from, and in what format (eg: MP3)

Offtopic:
are you from stoke yourself??
if so anywhere near Hanley?

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/170889-crashing-freezing.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I bought a pc from a friend of a friend and am having problems with it crashing and freezing and I have no idea why There seems to be no pattern I ran bel-arc advisor on it and here is the specifics Operating System System Model Windows XP Professional build Gateway Inc System Serial Number Chassis Serial Number and freezing crashing Processor a Main Circuit Board b megahertz Intel Pentium II kilobyte primary memory cache kilobyte secondary memory cache Board Intel Corporation MP BX AA - Serial Number ISMP Bus Clock megahertz BIOS Intel Corp M PB X A P Drives Memory Modules c d Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space MATSHITA DVD-ROM SR- CD-ROM drive quot format removeable media Floppy drive QUANTUM FIREBALLP LM Hard drive GB -- drive Megabytes Installed Memory Slot J J has MB Slot J J is Empty Slot J J is Empty Local Drive Volumes c on drive GB GB free crashing and freezing Logins Network Drives NT AUTHORITY LOCAL SERVICE NT AUTHORITY NETWORK SERVICE PERFERRED Preferred Installed Microsoft Hotfixes Printers No details available Click here to see all available security Hotfixes Marks a HotFix that verifies correctly Marks a HotFix that fails verification Failing hotfixes need to be reinstalled An unmarked HotFix lacks the data to allow verification Lexmark Z on USB Controllers Display Standard floppy disk controller Intel r AB EB PCI Bus Master IDE Controller Primary IDE Channel Controller Secondary IDE Channel Controller S Trio Display adapter Default Monitor Bus Adapters Multimedia Intel r AB EB PCI to USB Universal Host Controller Creative AudioPCI ES ES WDM Creative Sound Blaster Plug and Play WDM Game Port for Creative Game Port for Creative Communications Other Devices Generic SoftK Modem RAS Async Adapter WAN Network Driver PC AT Enhanced PS Keyboard -Key Microsoft PS Mouse NT Apm Legacy Interface Node USB Printing Support USB Root Hub Software Licenses Microsoft - Internet Explorer Microsoft - Office XP Professional with FrontPage Microsoft - WebFldrs XP - - - Microsoft - Windows XP Professional Software Versions America Online Version America Online Version America Online Inc Sinf Application Version Beachhead Belarc Inc - BelManage Client Version c Cinematronics - D Pinball Version Gateway Menu Version IBM Corporation - APTEZBP Application Version IBM Corporation - APTEZCFG Application Version John s Funny Face Game Lexmark International Inc - MarkVision for Windows bit Version Lexmark Supplies Monitor Version Lexmark Z Series ColorFine Printer Version Lexmark Z Version Microsoft Application Error Reporting Version Microsoft Clip Organizer Version Microsoft Corporation - IMAPI Module Version Microsoft Corporation - Internet Explorer Version Microsoft Corporation - Messenger Version Microsoft Corporation - Windows Installer - Unicode Version Microsoft Corporation - Windows Movie Maker Version Microsoft Corporation - Windows NetMeeting Version Microsoft Corporation - Zone com Version Microsoft Office Save My Settings Profile Wizard Version Microsoft Office XP Version Microsoft Open Database Connectivity Version Microsoft Outlook Version Microsoft Windows Media Player Version Microsoft R MSN R Communications System Version Microsoft R Windows Media Player Version RealNetworks Inc - RealPlayer -bit Version Hope this helps in some way I am guessing a memory problem but I am just a novice here I have memory bars from another pc that match this pc perfect There is one slot taken for the megs I have for memory Will the memory bars I have be usable in this pc They are - s Thanks Janedoh nbsp

Relevancy 46.44%

I unistalled a graphics program as one of the plug-ins stopped working,came to install it again and the computer keeps frezing,even the task manager freezes sometimes,scans for viruses-adware/spyware,nothing.
The internet works fine.

A:Freezing/crashing

When you install the program, disconnect from the internet and close your firewall, antivirus, antispyware programs and any other program that may be running at the time. Conflicts with running programs can cause freeze-ups.

If the install still freezes, there may be leftover registry entries from the uninstall of the program.

You may want to use a registry cleaner such as regseeker HERE to remove any leftover entries.

Be careful using regseeker. Do not delete anything it finds unless you are sure it is safe to do so. Be sure 'Backup' is checked at the bottom of regseeker before you delete. Any registry entries pertaining to the uninstalled program should be safe to delete.

After cleaning the registry of leftovers try installing the program.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/freezing-crashing.717748/
Relevancy 46.44%

I inserted my external hard disc and pen drive and got an error message as follows RECYCLER on and freezing keeps me up crashing IE Fhzozt exe quot Windows cannot access the specified device path or file You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item quot I ran it through a virus scan on Microsoft Security Essentials After which I was able to pen the hard disc and pen drive but read quot autorun quot where I would normally find my data folders The files data GB although there in the hard disc and pen drive but are not visible or openable Unable to solve the problem I went to http en kioskea net download download- -windows-worms-doors-cleaner and upon downloading a worm cleaner I received an alert that said quot Your system seems to be infected IE keeps freezing up and crashing on me by a virus your SVCHOST IE keeps freezing up and crashing on me virtual memory usage is beyond usual values It is strongly recommended that you check your system with Antivurus IE keeps freezing up and crashing on me updates and anti-trojans quot Microsift Security Essentials picked up nothing I have scanned both my laptop and the external drives again I noticed last night the computer was running very slow CAN someone please help me I tried inserting a friend s external drive and MSE detected and removed Worm Win Dorkbot Ink and the laptop would not open friend s hard drive I have noticed that IE keeps freezing up and crashing on me nbsp

Relevancy 46.44%

Have had this problem for several months possibly started after an intenet technician altered something to enable me to get internet ethernet Now have eliminated that internet and asked them to undo whatever they did but due to different technician and language barrier doubt if it was done Anyway have a fast computer athlon freezing crashing, x but very slow startup about seconds even though are very few startup items Computer first was crashing about crashing, freezing every week or so eventually every day maybe two times a day Different messages such as IRQL not less or equal memory management problem bad pool caller runtime error attempt to write to read only memory page fault in non-paged area Lately has been crashing without a message and restarting itself and now has just been freezing up Also frequently Firefox has an error and needs to shutdown and the same thing for my stock trading program Ran that Panda malware cleaner found nothing ran memtest says memory is ok Oh one more thing the power supply blew out and needed to be replaced even though it is new computer Found out that house current here often runs as high as volts apparently not enough to kick the surge protector but maybe damaged something Now have a voltage regulator which keeps it at volts

A:crashing, freezing

what
cpu
video card
m/b
power supply
brand
wattage
what does the bios report the voltages as

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/crashing-freezing-243681.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I have had persistent problems recently with my computer freezing crashing and I just wanted to air this issue for possible solutions should anyone recognise the problem This is an HP Pavilion model - a running Windows recently upgraded from Windows What's been happening is that it's been stalling out both in Word without broadband on and on the Web eg Yahoo Yahoo Mail In Word the cursor freezes and will not move the screen goes opaque white the blue circle whirls can't do anything with it can't shut down and I have to unplug it and reboot This can happen or times a day In Yahoo similarly the screen freezes the cursor won't move at all and have to unplug I used software PC Health Advisor to try to Crashing Freezing, PC Keeps diagnose the problem and PC Keeps Freezing, Crashing it hasn't PC Keeps Freezing, Crashing signalled up anything specifically From checks I've done it doesn't look like fragmentation nor RAM GB nor registry issues nor a monitor problem I am quite flummoxed at this stage So just wondered if anyone's run into anything like this any notion what it might be Any ideas would be appreciated

A:PC Keeps Freezing, Crashing

Hi,
Welcome to the forums, try the option three from this tutorial:SFC Command - Run in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums (run the command at least 3 times).
If that doesn't help, do a repair with DISM command from here:
DISM - Repair Windows 10 Image
HTH.

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/37733-pc-keeps-freezing-crashing.html
Relevancy 46.44%

hi! im having problems with my computer. Last night it was all fine then suddenly it automatically restarted and it keeps going over and over, so now im on safe mode. I scan my drive and it says its ok. so here the error
I think all those files are the same, but i pt it there anyway. Thanks in advance!

AutoReboot=TRUE
Caption=
DebugFilePath=%SystemRoot%\MEMORY.DMP
DebugInfoType=2
Description=
ExpandedDebugFilePath=C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP
ExpandedMiniDumpDirectory=C:\Windows\Minidump
KernelDumpOnly=FALSE
MiniDumpDirectory=%SystemRoot%\Minidump
Name=Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate |C:\Windows|\Device\Harddisk0\Partition2
OverwriteExistingDebugFile=TRUE
SendAdminAlert=FALSE
SettingID=
WriteDebugInfo=TRUE
WriteToSystemLog=TRUE

AllocatedBaseSize=2047
Caption=C:\pagefile.sys
CurrentUsage=0
Description=C:\pagefile.sys
InstallDate=20100516224149.390625+480
Name=C:\pagefile.sys
PeakUsage=0
Status=
TempPageFile=FALSE

A:freezing/crashing

STOP 0x116: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR troubleshooting

Code:
nvlddmkm.sys Thu May 14 16:32:27 2009 (4A0C7FDB)
Update your video card and see if that fixes the problem - Drivers - Download NVIDIA Drivers

BSOD BUGCHECK SUMMARY

Code:

Built by: 7600.16385.x86fre.win7_rtm.090713-1255
Debug session time: Wed May 18 18:01:02.646 2011 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:00:57.521
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for dxgkrnl.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for dxgkrnl.sys
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x116
PROCESS_NAME: System
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x116_IMAGE_nvlddmkm.sys
BiosReleaseDate = 10/08/2007
SystemManufacturer = MSI
SystemProductName = MS-7267
CPUID: "Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E4500 @ 2.20GHz"
MaxSpeed: 2200
CurrentSpeed: 2194
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
Debug session time: Wed May 18 09:28:18.752 2011 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:02:25.612
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for dxgkrnl.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys
SystemManufacturer = MSI
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
Debug session time: Wed May 18 09:22:28.636 2011 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:02:24.511
SystemManufacturer = MSI
Debug session time: Wed May 18 09:19:17.583 2011 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:18:00.443
SystemManufacturer = MSI
Debug session time: Wed May 18 09:00:33.607 2011 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 1:49:17.466
SystemManufacturer = MSI
CPUI... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/164029-freezing-crashing.html
Relevancy 46.44%

can anyone help me. my computer keeps crashing and freezing when i am using it. it can happen at any time after an hour of using it or after a minute.
it started to happen after i reformated my computer.can anyone help me please. if you have any questions to ask about my PC tell me.

A:My PC keeps crashing/freezing

Follow the instructions here

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-pc-keeps-crashing-freezing.53688/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi all ive run NOD32 virus scanner and no viruses found but IE and Firefox are crashing and my wireless keeps droping and xp keeps freezing.

any help much appreciated

A:IE crashing and xp freezing

Hello collyscoop,Welcome to Bleeping Computer.Sorry for delayed response. Forums have been really busy. My name is fireman4it and I will be helping you with your Malware problem.As I am still in training I will be helping you under supervision of our expert teachers, so there may be a delay between posts.Please make no further changes or run any other tools unless instructed to. This may hinder the cleaning of your machine.IF you still require help please post a new HiJackThis log.If your problem has since been solved also let us know so we can close this topic.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/204828/ie-crashing-and-xp-freezing/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi i bought a new pc last Week and all ive had are problem. Sumtimes crashes on desktop and Crashes on games most of the time after 10mins of playing .

Product NameThermalright IFX-14 CPU Cooler (Socket AM2/LGA775) Noctua NF-S12 1200RPM 120mm Silent Case Fan - 3 Pin HP dvd1070i 20x DVD±RW SATA Dual Layer Lightscribe ReWriter (Black) - Retail Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 160GB SATA-II 8MB Cache - OEM (ST3160815AS) Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 LGA775 'Wolfdale' 3.00GHz (1333FSB) - Retail Gainward GeForce 9800 GTX 512MB GDDR3 TV-Out/Dual DVI (PCI-Express) - Retail Thermaltake VA7000BWA Shark Aluminium Full Tower - Black Asus Striker II Extreme nForce 790i Ultra SLi
Running Sli mode as well.thats my system plz help.

Relevancy 46.44%

While playing games or doing anything that requires memory and video card memory usage, my computer tends to lock up fully and make a buzzing noise, which is actually the last sound heard just repeating itself. I came on here with this problem before thinking it was the sound card or video card, but even after updating the drivers and inspecting them, its neither.

I checked the event log in BIOS and theres a long list of CMOS checksum bad errors. I'm kinda new to this stuff and I really don't know what thats a sign of, but its probly the source of my problem. It jut recently began beeping at startup and stopping while booting, while showing an error that says CMOS/GPNV checksum bad.

Any way to fix this?

A:Crashing And Freezing

Diraru: What is the exact make and model of your computer? If it not a name brand computer, could you tell us the model of motherboard that you have. If you are still not sure, you can use one of the system information gathering tools below:http://www3.sympatico.ca/gtopala/about_siw.htmlhttp://www.belarc.com/free_download.htmlWhat is the sequence of beeps that you are getting?(2 long, 3 short beeps)With the exact sequence known, we can search for the meaning of your beep codes.With that said, the simplest thing to test right now may be your memory.You can use Memtest86 to test your memory. - http://www.memtest86.com/This info should point us in the right direction in looking for a solution to your problem.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/59723/crashing-and-freezing/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi,

Just got a minor question. What's the difference between 'crashing' and 'freezing'? Are they caused by the same things as well?

Thanks,

Eric

A:Crashing vs. Freezing

To me freezing causes you to restart your PC and crashing is a situation where your PC won't boot up or where your OS needs repair or installation

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/crashing-vs-freezing.230953/
Relevancy 46.44%

System Year Old LaptopDell Precision M WinXP SP bitIntel Core Duo T Nvidia Quadro FX M GB of DDR RAMWhat and (Help) Freezing Crashing happens Computer screen shows green grey lines and blotches covering the entire screen and freezes audio stutter-repeats computer unresponsive turn off by holding down power button Looks like graphical error When does it happen Whenever I run anything that requires video If I went to Youtube (Help) Freezing and Crashing right now and watched any video full screen or not or played any video game that I ve been playing I will get the above stated crash When did it start happening I left my computer on for probably hrs straight which I ve done before It wasn t doing anything it was hooked into an external monitor and only displaying on that screen and also hooked into a laptop air cooling mat Even at room temperature and with a cooling mat the laptop was hot but not burning I had the external monitor displaying a resolution higher than that of my normal laptop screen but I have done that for the past - months playing tons of games requiring all of my system to run them I have heard that making the graphics card display a resolution higher than it is meant for can be bad so I have reduced it to normal What steps I have taken Stopped using monitor to see if crashing still occurs Unplugged all other devices than my external mouse and power supply Oddities I have noticed that on the startup screen when it displays DELL in big blue letters they now have black dots It might only be on restarts from crashes though I can run normal applications fine such as this internet browser with the little flash animation smilies Questions Is my graphics card shot Should I try to update certain drivers It can t be a failing power supply with a laptop because they have batteries right How can I run diagnostics on different parts of my computer to see if they are okay I do have the laptop backed up as a Ghost and as regular files on an external hard drive but I need this thing to take to class with me I can t lose you now buddy Don t you die on me More testing and editsI can run Windows Media Player full screen playing a song with the crazy designs on full screen or a music video I have saved on my computer with no signs of crashing or anything - But me and my laptop are deathly afraid of youtube or games I ve been moving around some files around to flash drives and things for the past hour I ve gotten two freezes - music stutter-repeats screen shows no sign of problem computer unresponsive to any keyboard or mouse input hold power button to turn off I only had open a couple folders and windows media player on a song Hmm is my hard drive failing or something

A:(Help) Freezing and Crashing

<<How can I run diagnostics on different parts of my computer to see if they are okay?>>http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/...p;fileid=237263Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/331635/help-freezing-and-crashing/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi everyone I m new to the forum I had bought a Compaq Presario wm a few weeks ago The system came with Vista I was having a lot of hardware issues with network and gfx card so I opted to install XP Well XP wouldn t install because I had no floppy disks to load the raid drivers with so I went under the BIOs and changed it from RAID to IDE So now XP is on and everythings working kind of The problem I seem to be running into Freezing/Crashing Games PC with New is some seemingly random crashes From what I ve noticed they only happen while playing a game and very rarely when playing music Sometimes I can play for hours and other times just a New PC Freezing/Crashing with Games few minutes The graphics card is a Geforce GS and it has the latest drivers along with the audio Checked the temp and it seems to stay between - C while playing a game which I hear is normal for my card The BIOs is still in IDE mode not sure if thats an issue can t turn New PC Freezing/Crashing with Games it to RAID without a floppy drive - - Upon thinking of it I doubt that s the issue as the few times I was able to play before uninstalling vista I recall the same freeze I m really at a loss as to what to do SPECS Pentium HT GHz ASUS P LP-LE Motherboard MB DDR Ram GB Barracuda HDD GeForce GS mb PCI-E card RealTek ALC nbsp

Relevancy 46.01%
Relevancy 46.01%

A couple of weeks ago after I d just given the inside of the case a careful clean my PC started to make this clicking noise which I Clicking, PSU? crashing, freezing, HD? What? can only describe as the same noise that happens when you turn it off Sometimes it made it several times in a row A couple of times when this has happened more worryingly the PC has momentarily frozen Sometimes it recovered quickly other times it took about a minute before my PC returned to usability and even then things were going slow After a few days occasional clicking and crashing the PC one day failed entirely to boot and hung detecting IDE drives I assumed that the problem could be from one of my hard drives and that the clicking was the head spinning down due to immanent hardware failure-or possibly from the PSU somehow I took one of the hard drives- the oldest one out and the PC booted fine For several days I used it without any problems whatsoever with only hard drives However once I reconnected the th drive again it Clicking, crashing, freezing, PSU? HD? What? booted fine once more though a few days Clicking, crashing, freezing, PSU? HD? What? later the clicking was back I couldn t help but notice though that the clicking wasn t even coming from the direction of the oldest drive but from the direction of the newest one which is also the boot drive Disconnecting the oldest drive again resulted in a perfectly working PC with no clicking for about a week Only today much my horror the PC freezes on boot up Sometimes it gets stuck on the XP screen sometimes it gets as far as the desktop before freezing up but it is generally totally unusuable No clicking this time or any signs of hardware distress Given that it is now having a problem with only hard drives attached could a failing PSU be responsible Is it likely that it could still be one of the HDs if I have not heard the clicking from it in a week Any other suggestions what it could be This is seriously disheartening I thought I had a really excellent stable system going this time round Since it sounded as if it was the newest drive clicking last time I heard it it s possible that the new boot drive has issues but seeing as it did not click at all without all HDs in I am not sure I have disks that can possibly serve as boot drives so I am going to try using the oldest drive and boot from that to see if I can and report back but I am not hopeful hard drives are all Western digital SATA drives PSU is a w enertec which came with the case and probably not very great Motherboard is a Biostar T if that s relevant PSU an AMD nbsp

A:Clicking, crashing, freezing, PSU? HD? What?

I would replace that power supply first.
You are pulling more of a load than that cheap power supply can handle.
Never go cheap on the power supply,it is the foundation of the computer
and a weak or bad one can damage other components.
I have had the same symptoms as you with IDE drives and reseating
the power connector on the drive help for a while,that is until the power
supply completely died.
It started hanging and freezing because the supply couldn't handle it.
The drive may or may not be damaged.
I would guess probably not yet.
But get a decent power supply and try it first.
The clicking is caused by erratic voltage changes causing the drive
head to lose reference and click back into the home position.
Which is where it is when the drive is off.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/clicking-crashing-freezing-psu-hd-what.963913/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hello Everyone As the title says my computer keeps freezing and I am extremely confused as to why What happens is when i first turn my computer on Computer Help, Freezing/Crashing Keeps it has from about - minutes after logging in before it will completely freeze It wont allow me to use the mouse and if there is any audio on and even sometimes when there is not there will be a loud screeching noise replaced by any audio that was there or not in some cases But what really has me confused is that once i restart Help, Computer Keeps Freezing/Crashing my computer it works fine and will not freeze on me again like that until the next time i shutdown and turn my computer back on It also feels like my computer is getting slower as well and since i have no idea what is going I thought I would turn to a community that may If anyone could help me it would be much appreciated Lastly this is my first time posting a computer related thread of any sort and I am happy to post additional information so that I may help you to help me but I would just ask that you may tell me where the information you is because chances are I wont know how to find it thank you

A:Help, Computer Keeps Freezing/Crashing

Is the freezing happen all the time? How clean are the fans and vents?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/help-computer-keeps-freezing-crashing-680616.html
Relevancy 46.01%

First of all, mods feel free to move this if it is in the wrong section. Because I'm still unsure.

Problem PC is my uncles. (The PC details I have used to register with are his - I actually use an HP DV6.)
So this stupid packard bell...it freezes/requires force closing whenever anything at all is deleted. It shows the delete bar with the perpetually moving green progress marker but then nothing will happen, this can happen so that several items are 'deleting' but no progress is made. Like I said the Windows Explorer has to restart to allow it to progress.
I have run: chkdsk /f and this didn't sort it, I manually deleted the recyle bin - didn't work either.

So any ideas how I can fix it for him?
Cheers chaps.

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/293839-crashing-freezing-when-recycling.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Okey dokey I suppose it's that time of the year again I seem to have the misfortune of my computer wanting to commit suicide on an annual basis but I'll digress from blabbering on about how I join tech support forums like this each year to try and fix my problems Right then So my computer has recently been acting up As described in the title the main with and crashing explanation. no Freezing indication of this is that my computer will just stop I'm gonna say this has happened about times since Monday Probably on Monday alone I know the more detail the better so I apologize if this gets wordy Basically what happens is I'll just be bumming around doing things my computer is normally very capable of doing and it will just freeze up I want to say of the times Freezing and crashing with no explanation. it's just froze and played this whirring death orchestra in my ears I was playing games at these three times Which is a commonality between the freezing and I have suspicion to believe it's a CPU or power issue Uhm Once was Skyrim another was Chivalry Medieval Warfare and I think the first time it happened I was playing Wargame European Escalation Forth time I was doing a Windows Freezing and crashing with no explanation. Security scan or Freezing and crashing with no explanation. whatever to see if I had a virus or anything My computer died at about but this time the processor began to throttle and a blue textless screen popped up on the monitor All four of these times I had to hard reset my computer to get anywhere There was nothing else running at the time so that was different granted the scan was using up a lot of CPU Fifth time was minutes ago I was gleefully skipping along in Team Fortress and once again to my delight my computer just stopped The screen bugged out a bit the processor began to throttle loudly but this time I was graced with the presence of a helpful blue screen telling me quot Yo buddy we need to dump some files cause you suck This might be because of new software so maybe restart and see if this happens again quot Okay it didn't say that exactly but I can't remember it perfectly It then proceeded to restart for me which was nice at least That one there yeah So no explanation just died dumped a bunch of files I think that's basically all I know Sorry for being a bit verbose I have a bad habit of writing a lot I'm pretty sure forums like this like some computer specs so Here OS Name Microsoft Windows Home Premium Version Service Pack Build Other OS Description Not Available OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Manufacturer Dell Inc System Model Studio XPS System Type x -based PC Processor AMD Phenom tm II X T Processor Mhz Core s Logical Processor s BIOS Version Date Dell Inc A SMBIOS Version Hardware Abstraction Layer Version quot quot Installed Physical Memory RAM GB Total Physical Memory GB Available Physical Memory GB Total Virtual Memory GB Available Virtual Memory GB Don't think it's mentioned there but I have an ATI Radeon HD GB graphics card and and ATI High Definition Audio Device So yeah Some help with this would be fantastic If I can fix something like this that would be great If I need to go out and spend fixing it though I'd rather just grab a new computer or something If you need further info give me a shout Otherwise thanks for your time and have a nice day

A:Freezing and crashing with no explanation.

Hi-

You are getting a BSOD (Blue screen of death). this is usually caused by a driver issue, however many things can cause one.

BSOD's are handled in a separate forum here. In your post, please follow the instructions provided here.

A BSOD analyst will look into the issue, they are very busy in the section of the forums, so if you don't get a reply in 48 hours, bump the thread.

Regards,

Mark

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/freezing-and-crashing-with-no-explanation-676669.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Recently my computer has been freezing up or blue screening on me. I got fed up with it and reinstalled windows. The problems have gotten worse. Sometime when its starting it wont even make it to the ASUS POST screen and the monitor stays in standby. Even after multiple hard restarts it wont bring anything up and when it does it usually freezes at the POST message. I have 4 cores enabled on my phenom II black and when the computer actually turns on it has cleared it back down to single core operation and defaulted all my settings in BIOS. Could my motherboard and or processor be going out? The blue screen error messages have pointed to every component of the computer at one time or another. Its blamed RAM before and I Memtested that with no issues. MB is ASUS M4A78T-E

Thanks!
Speedy

A:computer freezing/crashing

Please post your system specs, To include Make and model System if Big Box, or same info for the following if custom or home built, Mother Board (including Revision number), Processor (Exact Model Number), Ram, Video Card, Hdd(s), Optical Drive(s), Power Supply Manufacturer Model, Wattage and Amperage on the +12V Rails, OS, and any other peripherals installed on the motherboard.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-freezing-crashing.976374/
Relevancy 46.01%

hopefully i posted this in the right area basically the long and short of my problem is this firefox keeps closing itself it just browser is crashing and freezing blinks off and i m unable to reopen it this has been going on for about days now i have to go into the task manager to kill it before i m able to reopen it the quot paste quot feature doesn t work in firefox either i can copy a link and when i go to paste it paste is grayed out but i can paste say a link if i copy it from AIM if it s not browser is freezing and crashing closing itself it stops loading pages it s fine for a few moments and then it stops working i will click on a link and it does nothing completely nothing down on the bottom of the browser it will say quot Stopped quot naturally i assumed the problem was some sort of malware or virus so i ran my spybot and malwarebytes they didn t find anything i then ran my avg because the resident shield popped up with avg didn t find anything either however this same threat keeps popping browser is freezing and crashing up every few minutes i ve only screenshot d it once but i ve noticed that every time it appears there s a different tmp file after hitting go to file it says that it doesn t exist i decided that since different programs weren t finding a problem it must be with firefox itself i was able to go in and redownload it and reinstall it didn t make a difference it kept doing exactly the same thing as before i even went as far as downloading google chrome to see if THAT would make a difference i don t know much about that particular browser but it didn t work for me nothing would load it was just the quot aw snap quot page whenever i tried to do anything including going to my homepage which is google com lols the irony i also cannot boot into safemode two days ago my malwarebytes scan came back with this after having the infections removed i ran it again i then ran spybot and superantispyware everything came back clean i then tried to boot into safe mode no luck nothing has made the slightest bit of difference last night out of sheer frustration i ran malwarebytes again i did a full scan and here are the results along with what popped up with avg any help or direction anyone can give me would be really really appreciated

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/289778/browser-is-freezing-and-crashing/
Relevancy 46.01%

This has been happening for over a month now. I would start up my computer then after couple of minutes, my computer would freeze then go into Physical Memory Dump or BSOD.

I have scanned my computer with Avira couple of times now and only found 1 trojan and 1 suspicious file.

Please tell me what I need to do/provide for you guys to solve my problem.

Thank you!

A:Freezing then crashing into BSOD

If you post the required information, you will be helped
Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/291907-freezing-then-crashing-into-bsod.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Alright so basically I have types of freezing crashing happening One is the screen just goes black but the computer doesn t totally shut down I can still talk for about minutes after the quot crash quot to people on skype The second is the screen goes plain blue or white Finally the third and most prominent is my computer freezes with the screen still I don't how keeps know to Computer and fix it freezing/crashing visible and when I move my mouse around the color of the screen distorts example mouse stops moving even when I move the physical mouse around and after about seconds of moving the quot frozen mouse quot around the screen starts to distort with more and more intensity the more I move the mouse Any help please By the way I recently got a fan that sits under the computer because I thought it was over heating but the problem persists even with the computer being cool EDIT Also with all cases it doesn t shut the computer down I have to hold the laptop s power button to shut it down nbsp

A:Computer keeps freezing/crashing and I don't know how to fix it

What version of Windows are you running? What is the make and model of the laptop?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-keeps-freezing-crashing-and-i-dont-know-how-to-fix-it.172229/
Relevancy 46.01%

Specs Windows Home Premium System Processor AMD Phenom tm Triple-Core Processor GHz Memory Ram GB System Type -bit Operating System NVIDIA GeForce Dedicated Video Memory MB I play a game called CounterStrike Source alot and other online games of course but I have been having alot of problems ingame Due to the fact that I kept freezing continuously once the first crash happened and it feels like an horrible lag spike but it isnt My whole computer freezes for a minute or so Issue Freezing/Crashing and then resumes play like nothings happened I updated all my video drivers Direct X and the Packard Bell BIOS updates and also changed my Nvidia settings down a little while also turning my ingame graphics down no success I decided to reinstall windows and then set the hardrive to SATA instead of the previous Raid Configuration which I then thought it would be fixed I then went playing on CounterStrike Freezing/Crashing Issue source and I then noticed my fps was absolutely terrible so I sorted that problem out but then after about minutes my computer just crashed No longer froze and resumed just crashed completely my keyboard went along for the ride aswell but this has now happened about times and I dont know how to fix this issue so im hoping somebody could help me I downloaded all the updates obviously and turned the Vista sidebar Freezing/Crashing Issue off because its known to cause problems some people say but until this issue is resolved I cant exactly play clanmatches on my computer because I just dont know when the next Crash Freeze will be The first times it crashed it went green the first time and then gray the nd time while the rd time it just stayed normal like I had frozen but I soon realised it crashed again Please help I did post this in another thread so my apologies

A:Freezing/Crashing Issue

Triple Core processor..... Did you build this yourself??

~Lordbob

http://www.vistax64.com/gaming/204705-freezing-crashing-issue.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I am fairly new to the advanced PC world.

I recently built a computer using all new parts, and it powers on and works for the most part.

The problem is that it freezes very often, loads very slowly, if at all, and crashes completely when I try to launch a game.

I have: windows 7 64 bit 8 gigs of ram ASUS M5A78L-M/USB motherboard EVGA GEFORCE GTX 750ti graphics card AMD FX 6300 6-Core processor

I've tried running memory diagnostics for the ram, reseating the ram, unplugging and replugging power cords, reinstalling the OS, scanning for viruses, looking for .dmp files, etc.

I don't have the money to pay for tech support to come and fix it, so I am relying on this post to help me.

Please help me figure out how to fix this!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-keeps-freezing-and-crashing.1165557/
Relevancy 46.01%

I did not have mini dump files enabled for some reason I have been getting BSOD Black screen Sound skipping without the ability to use mouse or keyboard forcing restart and various shutdowns that are unexpected Speccy Computer Crashing/Freezing Log http speccy piriform com results RnR CnOAmJfUk CzbeM MiniToolBox MiniToolBox by Farbar Version - - Ran by Spencer administrator on - - at Running from C Users Spencer Downloads Microsoft Windows Professional Service Pack X Crashing/Freezing Computer Boot Mode Normal Event log errors Application errors Error PM Source WinMgmt User Description root CIMV SELECT FROM InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN WHERE TargetInstance ISA Win Processor AND TargetInstance LoadPercentage gt x Error PM Source WinMgmt User Description root CIMV SELECT FROM InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN WHERE TargetInstance ISA Win Processor AND TargetInstance LoadPercentage gt x Error PM Source WinMgmt User Description root CIMV SELECT FROM InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN WHERE TargetInstance ISA Win Processor AND TargetInstance LoadPercentage gt x Error PM Source WinMgmt User Description root CIMV SELECT FROM InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN WHERE TargetInstance ISA Win Processor AND TargetInstance LoadPercentage gt x Error AM Source WinMgmt User Description root CIMV SELECT FROM InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN WHERE TargetInstance ISA Win Processor AND TargetInstance LoadPercentage gt x Error AM Source Bonjour Service User Description Task Scheduling Error m- gt NextScheduledSPRetry Error AM Source Bonjour Service User Description Task Scheduling Error m- gt NextScheduledEvent Error AM Source Bonjour Service User Description Task Scheduling Error Continuously busy for more than a second Error AM Source Bonjour Service User Description Task Scheduling Error m- gt NextScheduledSPRetry Error AM Source Bonjour Service User Description Task Scheduling Error m- gt NextScheduledEvent System errors Error PM Source EventLog User Description The previous system shutdown at PM on was unexpected Error PM Source BugCheck User Description x a xfffff d c e x f x xfffff ef aa C Windows MEMORY DMP Error PM Source BugCheck User Description Error PM Source EventLog User Description The previous system shutdown at PM on was unexpected Error PM Source BugCheck User Description x a xfffff bdbd x x xfffff f adbc C Windows MEMORY DMP Error PM Source BugCheck User Description Error PM Source EventLog User Description The previous system shutdown at PM on was unexpected Error AM Source Service Control Manager User Description A timeout milliseconds was reached while waiting for a transaction response from the lmhosts service Error PM Source DCOM User Description C E-D - A C-A - A F EA Error AM Source EventLog User Description The previous system shutdown at AM on was unexpected Microsoft Office Sessions Installed Programs A Virus Named TOM HKLM-x Steam App Version - Misfits Attic Adobe Flash Player Plugin HKLM-x Adobe Flash Player Plugin Version - Adobe Systems Incorporated Adobe Reader XI HKLM-x AC BA - AD - - B -AB Version - Adobe Systems Incorporated Amnesia The Dark Descent HKLM-x Steam App Version - Frictional Games Apple Application Support HKLM-x D DAD FF- A- B- F -BAE A Version - Apple Inc Apple Mobile Device Support HKLM D -F F - -AA F- D AC Version - Apple Inc Apple Software Update HKLM-x A B - DD - BA - A-F FC A B BFE Version - Apple Inc Bastion HKLM-x Steam App Version - Supergiant Games Battle net HKLM-x Battle net Version - Blizzard Entertainment BattleBlock Theater HKLM-x Steam App Version - The Behemoth Bonjour HKLM E B - D- EB - E - B E B DE D Version - Apple Inc Borderlands HKLM-x Steam App Version - Gearbox Software Button Manager HKLM-x E CEB D- A - A - B -F E CAE Version - Hewlett-Packard Counter-Strike HKLM-x Steam App Version - Valve Counter-Strike Global Offensive HKLM-x Steam App Version - Valve Curse HKLM-x DEE -F E - CA-B B -EE DCF Version - Curse Curse Client HKCU a f b f bb f Version - Curse Dark Souls Prepare t... Read more

A:Crashing/Freezing Computer

BC does not support the use of "registry cleaners/optimizers"...for good cause.

Microsoft support policy for the use of registry cleaning utilities - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2563254

Registry cleaner - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Registry_cleaner

Registry Cleaner FAQ, PC Support - http://pcsupport.about.com/od/registry-cleaner/a/registry-cleaner-faq.htm

Registry Cleaner, Animal - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/526247/tune-up-utilities-2014-problem/?p=3303494

I suggest you uninstall Wise Registry Cleaner...run the chkdsk /r command on your Windows partition...then run the sfc /scannow command.

Then see if some of the chaos goes away and let us know.

Chkdsk From Command Prompt, Win 7 - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/496613/contextmenu-is-causing-explorerexe-to-crash/?p=3067880

SFC -SCANNOW Run in Command Prompt at Boot - Windows 7 Forums - http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/139810-sfc-scannow-run-command-prompt-boot.html

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/559065/crashingfreezing-computer/
Relevancy 46.01%

My laptop which is a Lenovo keeps freezing everytime I try to watch a video or I am online. When I run my computer in safe mode I do not expericence any problems.

A:Freezing and Crashing Laptop

looks like a graphics driver problem , try updating you graphics , you can do this from safe mode with networking via the windows update utility. when you are in safe mode the computer only loads the basic video drivers so theres no problems with the software loaded . hope this helps.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/483902/freezing-and-crashing-laptop/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hello I seek help with a current issue that I am having with my crashing freezing. Random and laptop Before I describe the issue I will post my specification in order to possibly make it easier to help me The laptop is of Asus brand and the model is a G jh The specifications are as follows Intel core i QM GB of DDR Memory GB ATI Mobility Raedeon HD Windows bit Now to try and attempt to describe my problem I previously had Windows out of nowhere my laptop would freeze the image would just freeze on the Random crashing and freezing. screen and stay there Thinking that maybe the operating system possibly had corrupt files or something of the likes I decided to buy Windows and do a Random crashing and freezing. clean install hoping to fix the issue After installing Windows the problem persisted it continues to freeze and just hang there until I hold the power button Random crashing and freezing. down In a desperate attempt to solve this issue I updated the BIOS to the latest version ran the seagate SeaTools program to see if possibly the hard drive had an issue and it passed the test It will stay on for a couple hours and then just freeze as i am doing random tasks within the operating system but does not give me any sort of error or BSOD I even updated the graphics drivers for the AMD card At one point the laptop even shut all the way off completely and when I pushed the power button would not start only after a few minutes would it power back on That issue however has only happened twice whereas the freezing happens just about every time It has even frozen at the boot screen at times I received one BSOD however which was a WATCHDOG VIOLATION while I was in safe mode but right as the percentage screen popped up for fixing it also froze Two other times that it froze was when I was doing the Windows updates right after installing Windows Another while I was updating apps within Windows and then several times whilst navigating through the user interface I am lost now on what to do I need my laptop for next semester but it will not even stay on for over - hours without freezing Please any help would be greatly appreciated I set it up to create minidump files so if the BSOD happens again maybe that can help you all help me Thank you in advance

A:Random crashing and freezing.

G73's are known to have some problems with the video card (and with overheating). Is it still under warranty?
Run the free diagnostics here: Hardware Diagnostics
Start with the FurMark test and watch to see if the graphics card overheats.

Blow out the vents on the laptop with canned air. Don't use an air compressor or a vacuum as they can cause damage to the system.

Please provide this information so we can provide a complete analysis: https://www.eightforums.com/bsod-cra...tructions.html

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/16298-random-crashing-freezing.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi everyone new to this forum so be gentle Built my st PC and was going pretty well but havinga few problems at the mo Unable to recover to any decent restore point so had to do a clean installer which took forever Now got it back to some kind of working order but still have probs Did run a thorough chkdsk which did find a few bad sectors Help and advice would be much appriecated System as follows Windows ultimate bit upgraded from vista Back to using Windows secuirty after removing Norton Asus Extreme Maximus MB Intel QX GB OCZ Raeper OCZ RPR Crossfire ATI Radeon X due to upgrade soon recommendation please tb WD Caviar green Creative X-fi titanium sound card Have deleted suspect software where poss to eliminate probs but still having some shortcuts links of and freezing BSOD course Crashing, hanging about which I cant delete Thanks in advance Zoz UPDATE Oh dear Just found that microsoft office is now not working shortcuts are still there but error coming up Does this mean Ive lost my emails Resent dump files hope this works

A:Crashing, freezing and of course BSOD

Quote: Originally Posted by zoz

Hi everyone,
new to this forum, so be gentle.
Built my 1st PC and was going pretty well, but havinga few problems at the mo.
Unable to recover to any decent restore point so had to do a clean installer, which took forever!!
Now got it back to some kind of working order but still have probs.
Did run a thorough chkdsk which did find a few bad sectors.
Help and advice would be much appriecated,

System as follows

Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit
upgraded from vista
Back to using Windows secuirty (after removing Norton)
Asus Extreme Maximus MB
Intel QX9650
6GB OCZ Raeper OCZ3RPR1866
Crossfire ATI Radeon X1950 (due to upgrade soon recommendation please!)
1.5 tb WD Caviar green
Creative X-fi titanium sound card

Have deleted suspect software where poss to eliminate probs but still having some shortcuts, links hanging about.

Thanks in advance
Zoz

No minidumps included in upload try this method

If you wish to have others assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder. The procedure:

* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.
* Briefly describe the problem history and circumstances in the same post. Somebody will attend to your query as soon as possible.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/142148-crashing-freezing-course-bsod.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hey guys, I have a Compaq Presario SR1300NX that I recently installed Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit on, and its original OS was XP. I formatted my hard drive in the Windows 7 installation so I guess that most everything that was previously on it is gone. Whenever I try to use it the screen will freeze at what seems like any random time, forcing me to restart. I've tried using a Hotfix as well as looking at the Event Log to solve this problem but nothing seems to work. I'm assuming that this is happening because of a compatability error due to it originally being a XP, which is weird because it works fantastically aside from this. I would heavily appreciate it if I can get some help on fixing this problem.

A:Random Freezing / Crashing

I think that you may be out of luck on this one. If you are only running 256MB of memory, that dog just won't hunt with Win7. Not to mention the old hardware which probably requires proprietary drivers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/195816-random-freezing-crashing.html
Relevancy 46.01%

No matter what browser i am using explorer firefox chrome ect my computer keeps freezing up so i have to shut down the browser and reopen it If im running explorer and it freezing/crashing...help keeps browser please freezes then i can switch to chrome and then the computer seams to operate normally for a short period minutes maybe then it starts freezing again not sure what is going on When I ran hijakethis then this message came up for some reason your system denied write access to the hosts files if hijaked domains are in this file hijakethis may not be able to fix this ect regardless here is the log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files x Samsung Kies External FirmwareUpdate browser keeps freezing/crashing...help please KiesPDLR exe C Program Files x CE CovenantEyes exe C Program Files x Samsung Kies KiesTrayAgent exe C Program Files x CE CovenantEyesHelper exe C Users rick AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users rick AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users rick AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users rick AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users rick AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users rick AppData Local Google browser keeps freezing/crashing...help please Chrome Application chrome exe C Users rick AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users rick AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users rick AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users rick AppData browser keeps freezing/crashing...help please Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users rick Desktop HijackThis exe C Windows SysWOW DllHost exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http homepage acer com rdr aspx b ACAW amp l amp m aspire x amp r s p v w t s R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google ca R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http homepage acer com rdr aspx b ACAW amp l amp m aspire x amp r s p v w t s R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http homepage acer com rdr aspx b ACAW amp l amp m aspire x amp r s p v w t s R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook no name - cce dd-f dd- - e-eaec f ef - no file F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Norton Identity Protection - ADB E- AFF- - AA - DAC DFA - C Program Files x Norton Engine coIEPlg dll O - BHO Norton Vulnerability Protection - D EC - AAE- -AEEE-F F C - C Program Files x Norton Engine IPS IPSBHO DLL O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files x Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files x Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - Toolbar Norton Toolbar - FEBEFE - B - - D -FFB D B CA - C Program Files x Norton Engine coIEPlg d... Read more

A:browser keeps freezing/crashing...help please

bump,

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/browser-keeps-freezing-crashing-help-please.1067692/
Relevancy 46.01%

Could someone check my Hijackthis log please I have run Spybot adaware and CWShredder but my PC is still behaving badly Thanks Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss and and Crashing Hanging Freezing exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS SOINTGR EXE C WINDOWS System atiptaxx exe C Program Files Common Files Logitech QCDriver LVCOMS EXE C WINDOWS System LXSUPMON EXE C program files AnalogX CookieWall cookie exe C Program Files Logitech ImageStudio LogiTray exe C Program Files Microsoft Hardware Mouse point exe C program files Grisoft AVG avgcc exe Freezing and Crashing and Hanging C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C WINDOWS DOWNLO winhlp exe C program files BigFix BigFix exe C Program Files Logitech ImageStudio Freezing and Crashing and Hanging LowLight exe C program files WinZip WZQKPICK EXE C WINDOWS system b baf exe C program files blueyonder IST bin mpbtn exe C WINDOWS DOWNLO winhlp exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgserv exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe C WINDOWS System MsPMSPSv exe C unzipped hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http rd yahoo com customize ymsgr defaults sb http www yahoo com ext search search html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http rd yahoo com customize ymsgr defaults sp http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http broadband blueyonder co uk R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http rd yahoo com customize ymsgr defaults sb http www yahoo com ext search search html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by evesham com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http red clientapps yahoo com customize ycomp defaults su http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer webcache blueyonder co uk R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localhost O - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn ycomp dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar Yahoo Companion - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn ycomp dll O - HKLM Run SO Integrator Pass Two C WINDOWS SOINTGR EXE O - HKLM Run AtiPTA atiptaxx exe O - HKLM Run LVCOMS C Program Files Common Files Logitech QCDriver LVCOMS EXE O - HKLM Run LXSUPMON C WINDOWS System LXSUPMON EXE RUN O - HKLM Run CookieWall C program files AnalogX CookieWall cookie exe O - HKLM Run LogitechGalleryRepair C Program Files Logitech ImageStudio ISStart exe O - HKLM Run LogitechImageStudioTray C Program Files Logitech ImageStudio LogiTray exe O - HKLM Run POINTER point exe O - HKLM Run AVG CC C program files Grisoft AVG avgcc exe startup O - HKLM Run KernelFaultCheck systemroot system dumprep -k O - HKLM Run Zone Labs Client quot C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe quot O - HKLM Run winhlp exe C WINDOWS system winhlp exe O - HKLM Run winhlp exe C WINDOWS DOWNLO winhlp exe O - HKLM Run web C WINDOWS system b baf exe O - HKCU Run PPWebCap C PROGRA ScanSoft PAPERP PPWebCap exe O - HKCU Run Jet Detection C Program Files Creative SBAudigy PROGRAM ADGJDet exe O - HKCU Run LDM Program BackWeb- exe O - Global Startup BigFix lnk C program files BigFix BigFix exe O - Global Startup blueyonder Instant Support Tool lnk C program files blueyonder IST bin matcli exe O - Global Startup Logitech Desktop Messenger lnk C program fi... Read more

Relevancy 46.01%

Hello everyone It's been four straight days and I haven't managed to cure my computer from this curse Freezing/Crashing Hourly Every - minutes my computer will freeze and continue until I hard boot my computer I've done everything I could My attempts to fix the problem are Clean registry Scan for malware viruses with MalwareBytes HitmanPro Norton Hourly Freezing/Crashing Antivirus and SUPERAntiSpyware but everything came up clean Checked my RAM with memtest Did chkdsk r and it came out clean Did sfc scannow and found corrupt files BUT I found out that it was just simply the Sample audio video and pictures deleted from winsxs C Windows winsxs I even booted into safe mode and it crashed on me which made me wonder if it's my SSD so I installed Windows on another hard drive I had hooked up which I use for recording videos and Windows worked fine for hours I've gotten BSoDs throughout these four days at least times but it always fails to create a dump which means I cannot diagnose the problem with BlueScreenViewer During the crashes I've had Resource Monitor running in the background and how I can tell when my computer is about to freeze is when all of my programs such as Firefox or Google Chrome stop responding and I see the CPU usage Disk Network and Memory all drop to nothing but I'm wondering if it's my SSD or just simply one of the Windows Updates or Nvidia Drivers that are causing the problem I've made a decision that I won't be re-installing Windows because it's a pain to do so but if it's impossible to fix the issue I guess I'll have no choice but to do so but that's the very last thing I want to do to get this fixed Please help me out I haven't gotten much sleep since my computer keeps crashing

A:Hourly Freezing/Crashing

Hi,

I just had a similar problem resolved.Thread is here http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/521291/bsod-boot-issues/ it may help as it turned out to be my SSD. What brand is your SSD?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/521536/hourly-freezingcrashing/
Relevancy 46.01%

Spec CPU AMD Anthlon Chipset MSI KT AV Memory k DDR Harddrive x HD gb amp gb Graphics Radeon pro mb Sound Creative Sound blaster O S XP Home PS w Problem I ve had my computer a while and recently its been causing problems such as when I run a game it will either lock-up close and return to widows or simply just shutdown my entire computer causing it to restart I had a problem similar to this a few times before and it was due to freezing! and Crashing program my cpu overheating so i ve replaced the heat sink Crashing and program freezing! with a Cool master kinda looks like an aero plane turbine which seemed to do the trick for a while The latest hardware I ve added to my computer has been my radeon gfx card this didnt seem to cause any problems as i used it for many games new and old which are quite demanding But now i can t run any games without the problem occuring To try Crashing and program freezing! and solve the problems ive Re-installed drivers for both sound and graphics I ve ran anti-spyware and virus scans to check for any software related problems I ve even attempted to re-install windows but everytime i run the xp setup via the cd i get a message something along the lines of your computer has encountered a problem and will shut down to protect it self Any help will be much appreciated as i hope to get this problem solved so i can use my computer again nbsp

Relevancy 46.01%

I had a problem with my computer earlier that had been causing freezing/crashing Continuous a BSoD My computer had a problem with my WLAN card driver that I needed to upgrade but there was not an update for Windows so I downgraded back to Windows Vista upgraded it and my computer worked fine Now I've updated my computer to SP and I've encountered a few problems First I had a random BSoD occur that said something about quot ntfs sys quot but the screen disappeared before I could read anything else It hasn't happened again but I'm not sure if it Continuous freezing/crashing will or not Second my computer is now randomly freezing and stopping whenever I run simple programs like Internet Explorer I do not know what could be causing the freezing but if anyone could help me find out your help would be much appreciated OS Windows Vista x Full retail version Original OS Windows Vista Around - years old Recently reinstalled A week ago CPU Intel R Pentium Dual CPU T Video Card Mobile Intel R Chipset Family Motherboard Compaq Presario C US Notebook PC

A:Continuous freezing/crashing

Does anybody know what the cause of this could be? I've tried reinstalling Windows Vista and it still didn't help.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/continuous-freezing-crashing-586942.html
Relevancy 46.01%

hi i need help with a problem. Evertime i switch on my labtop it keeps on freezing when i try to open an application. What is wrong can someone explain this in the simplest of terms.

A:Labtop Keeps On Freezing/crashing

You will need to post a bit more information on this issue first Post a more detailed explanation of what happens and which programs does it freeze on etc. This will help us determine the problem and a solution more efficiently

David

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/142456/labtop-keeps-on-freezingcrashing/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi, my laptop has recently started freezing whilst using web browser (google chrome) but more worrying is that it has also crashed a few times and some times is goes to a blue screen and says something about file dump and other times its gone to blue screen and said something about contacting my hardware vendor or provider but restarted fine, what should i do?? Thanks for any help in advance.

A:Laptop keeps crashing/freezing

Run chkdsk.
Post full text of BSOD, particularly if it mentions a file name such as xyz123.sys.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/laptop-keeps-crashing-freezing-667024.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I share a family computer and for reasons unknown for me the computer s antivirus program Freezing And Start Crashing Up During was turned off and a seven year old was permitted online She downloaded Antivirus and I soon found myself elbow deep in problems After many attempts I believe I have completed rid Crashing And Freezing During Start Up the computer of that specific pain but now the computer is infected and I am unable to turn on my firewall for more than a few minutes and my antivirus software is inaccessible The computer will start up normally but as soon as I get to the login screen she starts to freeze up If she doesn t freeze up I can login but she ll either freeze up again or just crash with no Blue Screen of Death I m currently using her on Safe Mode with Networking but I ve been unable to access the computer in any other way I would very much appreciate any help My HJT log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Safe mode with network support Running processes C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe c program files common files mozilla shared firefox exe C Documents and Settings Richard Desktop Alyssa HijackThis exe C WINDOWS System wbem wmiprvse exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http start earthlink net AL Search R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local F - REG system ini UserInit C WINDOWS System Userinit exe C WINDOWS system sdra exe O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - FB -B A - F-B - E AABFC - c windows system jknzejy dll O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS System hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run lxddmon exe quot C Program Files Lexmark Series lxddmon exe quot O - HKLM Run lxddamon quot C Program Files Lexmark Series lxddamon exe quot O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run SpyHunter Security Suite C Program Files Enigma Software Group SpyHunter SpyHunter exe O - HKLM Run Bkapiyu rundll exe quot C WINDOWS ekayoxiy dll quot e O - HKLM Run KernelFaultCheck systemroot system dumprep -k O - HKCU Run swg C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run BitTorrent DNA quot C Program Fil... Read more

A:Crashing And Freezing During Start Up

More symptoms have came up in the past few days.
Google results redirecting to incorrect and spam sites.
Blue screen of death with error "DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" after start up.
Unable to run any anti-virus, anti-spyware, anti-malware, or virus removal softwares.
I would very much appreciate help with this problem.
Also, new items have appeared up in my HJT log so I'm reposting the new log.

--
Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 2:40:44 PM, on 4/11/2009
Platform: Windows XP SP3 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16791)
Boot mode: Safe mode with network support

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\csrss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Iexplore.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
c:\program files\common files\mozilla shared\firefox.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Richard\Desktop\Alyssa\HijackThis.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\wbem\wmiprvse.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page =
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.yahoo.com
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.yahoo.com
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant = http://start.earthlink.net/AL/Search
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = 127.0.0.1;*.local
F2 - REG:system.ini: UserInit=C:\WINDOWS\System32\Userinit.exe,C:\WINDOWS\system32\sdra64.exe,
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {5C255C8A-E604-49b4-9D64-90988571CECB} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: Java(tm) Plug-In SSV Helper - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {8FB19249-B8A4-477F-B961-91E325AABFC4} - c:\windows\system32\jknzejy.dll
O2 - BHO: Windows Live Sign-in Helper - {9030D464-4C02-4ABF-8ECC-5164760863C6} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WindowsLiveLogin.dll
O2 - BHO: Java(tm) Plug-In 2 SSV Helper - {DBC80044-A445-435b-BC74-9C25C1C588A9} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jp2ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - {E7E6F031-17CE-4C07-BC86-EABFE594F69C} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\lib\deploy\jqs\ie\jqs_plugin.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HotKeysCmds] C:\WINDOWS\System32\hkcmd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [lxddmon.exe] "C:\Program Files\Lexmark 2500 Series\lxddmon.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [lxddamon] "C:\Program Files\Lexmark 2500 Series\lxddamon.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Reader Speed Launcher] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 8.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTTask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SpyHunter Security Suite] C:\Program Files\Enigma Software Group\SpyHunter\SpyHunter3.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Bkapiyu] rundll32.exe "C:\WINDOWS\ekayoxiy.dll",e
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [KernelFaultCheck] %systemroot%\system32\dumprep 0 -k
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [swg] C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [BitTorrent DNA] "... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/crashing-and-freezing-during-start-up.816787/
Relevancy 46.01%

SO this is the deal my computer keeps freezing on me and i don Computer Keeps My Freezing/Crashing t know why My Computer Keeps Freezing/Crashing For the last couple of weeks it would just randomly freeze on start up sometimes i wouldn t even be able to get to the desktop before i had to hit the restart button other times i would be able to use the internet but i wouldn t be able to run any applications for example i would be able to check my email but when i tried to open something in quot my computer quot it would just show a blank screen or the icons would show up but i wouldn t be able to click on anything first thing that i thought was a virus spyware trojan worm but i ran a scan on my computer using both McAfee and Housecall and both showed that I had no viruses or anything on the system i brought my computer into a shop and got them to run a diag on it but it showed that nothing was wrong with the hardware apparently i still suspect that it is a hardware issue because i reformatted my hard drive reinstalled windows xp although when reinstalling windows sometimes i would have to start over because it would freeze in the middle of installation what causes that and there is nothing else on my computer but the same problem keeps happening on start up it will just freeze sometimes not even getting to the desktop once it gets to the desktop i can move the moust and use the keyboard but everytime i try to go into the desktop properties or my computer it keeps freezing although i can run simple programs like solitaire what does this mean it s frustrating to know that there is nothing on the computer that could cause the randomness in freezing im so confused what should I do -pure imagination- nbsp

A:My Computer Keeps Freezing/Crashing

Imagine the Wrong Timings in the BIOS...

Go into your BIOS setup and make sure all the timings for you CPU and memory are set according to the specifications for your CPU and memory. Depending on your motherboard, there could be jumpers that you need to set as well. If you don't know how to do these things, respond with what you need directions for. If your computer specs aren't posted in your profile, you need to post all the information including CPU, motherboard, and memory manufacture and model as well as your operating system.

Some other steps include running a memory test using Memtest

Make sure all your drivers are up to date for the chipset, video card, etc.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-computer-keeps-freezing-crashing.26226/
Relevancy 46.01%

Okay so i had this desktop for half a year and it shouldn t be too old but for the past week now it has been randomly freezing and i have to restart it Also when i restart it at times would turning on Freezing,crashing,not :( not turn the screen on and only the desk top Freezing,crashing,not turning on :( would be running SO i have to restart several times before it finally works and then at times Freezing,crashing,not turning on :( it freezes as soon as the main screen with start and all pops up If anyoen can help please help me out Here are my specs Computer Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition OS Service Pack Service Pack DirectX DirectX c Computer Name WAAAALEEEEEEEE User Name Jonmichael Motherboard CPU Type x MHz Motherboard Name Unknown Motherboard Chipset Unknown System Memory MB BIOS Type AMI Communication Port Communications Port COM Display Video Adapter ATI Radeon HD Series MB Video Adapter ATI Radeon HD Series MB Monitor Dell E FP NoDB E JLS Multimedia Audio Adapter HD Audio rear output Storage IDE Controller Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller IDE Controller Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller Disk Drive WDC WD AAKS- V A GB IDE Optical Drive HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH NS SMART Hard Disks Status OK Partitions C NTFS MB MB free Input Keyboard HID Keyboard Device Mouse HID-compliant mouse Network Network Adapter Linksys RangePlus Wireless USB Adapter Network Adapter Realtek RTL D P D P PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC Peripherals Printer Microsoft Office Document Image Writer Printer Microsoft XPS Document Writer USB Controller NEC uPD USB OpenHCI Controller USB Controller NEC uPD USB OpenHCI Controller USB Controller Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller NoDB USB Controller Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller NoDB USB Controller Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller NoDB USB Controller Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller NoDB USB Controller Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller NoDB USB Controller NEC uPD USB Enhanced Host Controller v USB Controller Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller NoDB USB Controller Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller NoDB USB Device Linksys RangePlus Wireless USB Adapter USB Device USB Human Interface Device USB Device USB Human Interface Device -------- Debug - PCI ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- B D F PCI standard host CPU bridge NoDB Offset Offset E Offset Offset C Offset C C Offset C Offset D E F Offset F Offset Offset D C D Offset A Offset B Offset C D Offset D B F F Offset E FF FF FF FF E EC Offset F B D F PCI standard PCI-to-PCI bridge NoDB Offset Offset E E Offset A FE A FE D F DF Offset B Offset Offset C A Offset D F Offset Offset Offset Offset A B Offset B D B A Offset C Offset D Offset E Offset F B D A F PCI standard PCI-to-PCI bridge NoDB Offset F Offset D D Offset FE FE F CF F CF Offset Offset Offset C A Offset C C Offset Offset Offset Offset A B Offset B D B A Offset C Offset D Offset E Offset F B D F Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller NoDB Offset F Offset C B A Offset F F FE Offset Offset C BF Offset Offset Offset F Offset C B B Offset B B B B Offset A A A A A A A A A FF A FF A Offset B Offset C Offset D Offset E Offset F B D F Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller NoDB Offset A C Offset E F FE Offset Offset Offset Offset F FF FF FF FF Offset Offset FF Offset Offset Offset A Offset B Offset C Offset D Offset E Offset F B D F Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller NoDB Offset A C Offset D F FE Offset Offset Offset Offset Offset Offset Offset Offset Offset A Offset B Offset C Offset D Offset E Offset F B D F Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller NoDB Offset B C Offset F F FE Offset Offset C Offset Offset D E Offset Offset Offset Offset Offset A C Offset B Offset C E E Offset D Offset E A E Offset F B D F Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller NoDB Offset A C Offset C F FE Offset Offset Offset Offset F FF FF FF FF Offset Offset FF Offset Offset Offset A Offset B Offset C Of... Read more

A:Freezing,crashing,not turning on :(

Do you try safe mode? if already try ... does it freeze....

Second, can you enter the BIOS.... in BIOS does it freeze?

If both freeze I would thing is the Hardware issue.... If not I think may be is the software...

But need more information ... After you answer the above question ... will tell you next step..

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/freezing-crashing-not-turning-on.998810/
Relevancy 46.01%

Other than a few minor hiccups, the only issue I seem to be having after upgrading to Windows 8 is some freezing and very slow performance. I may right-click something, or open a window, and it might take minutes instead of a fraction of a second. Sometimes, Explorer will crash or freeze. Other times, video/picture thumbnails will not be present, or may take a very long time to show up. Sometimes, I will open a folder, and it will display as if it is empty, even if it is full of files.
My computer is very fast, so I am unsure of what might be causing this. I scanned my drivers for errors, but they seem to be alright.

Thanks in advance for any ideas/suggestions!

Windows 8 Pro x64
Intel Core i7 2600k
16 GB RAM
128 GB SSD
2 TB HDD, 1 TB HDD x2, 1 TB ext. HDD, 3 TB ext. HDD x2
GTX 670
Security: Bitdefender Total Security 2013

A:Freezing, Stuttering, and Crashing

Did you upgrade or do a clean install? I had similar issues when I ran in dual-boot mode and everything cleared up after I did a clean install. Check your drivers and be sure they're all up-to-date. Is your PC running hot? Does it always do the same thing or just after it's been running awhile?

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/17050-freezing-stuttering-crashing.html
Relevancy 46.01%

For almost 2 weeks now my computer has been randomly freezing or sometimes just randomly rebooting itself. Sometimes it will freeze before it even allows me to log in and other times it'll freeze after I've been on the computer for sometime. I'm not too good with computers so I don't have the slightest clue as to what it could be. I thought it was a virus at first because MBAM kept finding a Trojan named svchost.exe (Trojan) after a week of tryig to kill that I gave up and reinstalled widows. After reinstalling windows it still froze so now I am stuck. I swapped power supplies so I dont believe its that. I also tried the hard drive in another computer and it didn't crash so I don't think it's the harddrive either. Any ideas on what it could be or what I could do to troubleshoot what can be causing this?

A:Random crashing/freezing

There are many reasons why a PC " behaves" this way.

These annoying " gliches" may be caused by an overloaded hard drive, overworked CPU, Malware, running 2 AV 's, unnecessary data, Browser addons or you may have unnecessary programs running in the background etc....

Troubleshooting steps for you to try -

* If you are overclocking STOP.

* Make sure all intake/exhausts vents are clean along with all fans.
Get some temp monitoring software for cpu, gpu.

* Have you a System Restore Point PRIOR to the problem presenting that you could roll back to?

* Have you SP1 installed?

* What Anti Virus Program came preinstalled on your computer?
How did you get rid of it?

* Please list ALL the Security Programs currently used.

* Have you checked in Event Viewer?
Type eventvwr in search.
Go to the Windows Logs > Application / System > in the left hand column.
Note anything in red that relates to the crashing / problem.
Please record {or take a snip} of the event ID, and the Source Code and tell us what they are.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/random-crashing-freezing-660955.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hello everyone,
I had this problem for months now and really i dont what to do to solve this problem. I playing this game called Nexius and boy is it a blast. But I cant play it for a long time because it keeps freezing or crashing or whatever.

Here is my computer specs.
Operating System: Windows XP Professional
System Model: P4V8X-MX
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.80GHz (2 CPUs)
Memory: 512MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c
Card name: SAPPHIRE RADEON 9000 ATLANTIS PRO

Also, I have more online games I play but I dont want to list them all, but they are having the same problems as this game

Hope this helps.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/in-game-freezing-or-crashing.644975/
Relevancy 46.01%

My kids laptop is totally whacked It has microsoft security essentials on it but it s not working or something is wrong I can open a web page computer and freezing crashing but it crashes and freezes I think they downloaded some bad stuff and I don t have to bring it anywhere I was told that the current antivirus program would protect it Apparently it didn t cuz this is awful I have to run it in safe mode just to scan it and post this thread Thanks for any help Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit computer crashing and freezing Processor AMD V Processor AMD Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card AMD M G with ATI Mobility Radeon HD Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB F Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Hewlett-Packard Antivirus Symantec Endpoint Protection Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Disabled computer crashing and freezing Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x Symantec Symantec Endpoint Protection Bin ccSvcHst exe C Program Files x Skype Phone Skype exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users ieatpie AppData Roaming SearchProtect bin cltmng exe C Users ieatpie AppData Local Smartbar Application QuickShare exe C Program Files x Steam Steam exe C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe C Program Files Logitech Logitech WebCam Software LWS exe C Program Files x PowerISO PWRISOVM EXE C Program Files x HP HP Software Update hpwuSchd exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files x Ask com Updater Updater exe C Program Files x Common Files Logishrd LQCVFX COCIManager exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support SyncServer exe C Program Files x TechSmith Camtasia Studio TSCHelp exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Common Files microsoft shared virtualization handler cvh exe C Program Files x Common Files microsoft shared virtualization handler OfficeVirt exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users ieatpie Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http g msn com CQNOT R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http feed snapdo com publisher QuickObrw amp dpid QuickObrw amp co US amp userid cc - - - edc-ded da f amp searchtype ds amp q searchTerms amp installDate R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http feed snapdo com publisher QuickObrw amp dpid QuickObrw amp co US amp userid cc - - - edc-ded da f amp searchtype ds amp q searchTerms amp installDate R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http search conduit com ctid CT - C C R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink p LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink p LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search Default Search URL http feed snapdo com publisher QuickObrw amp dpid QuickObrw amp co US amp userid cc - - - edc-ded da f amp searchtype ds amp q searchTerms amp installDate R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http feed snapdo com publisher QuickObrw amp dpid QuickObrw amp co US amp userid cc - - - edc-ded da f amp searchtype ds amp q searchTerms amp installDate R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Micros... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-crashing-and-freezing.1102409/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hello,

My laptop, Lenovo W7 64bit, has been freezing/crashing lately. I haven't had the BSOD but it will freeze at seemingly any moment (e.g. while playing game, while surfing web, while coming back from sleeping, etc.). I'm currently running Malwarebytes free and Avast free. To make matters worse, they keep asking me to pay for their premium product but I swear I've only downloaded the free versions (is there something to stop the things from saying its out of date or asking me to register to their pro or full versions?)

Anyway, anytime it freezes, Ctrl, Alt, Delete does nothing, no response. So I have to restart with the power button. Sometimes it restarts as normal, sometimes it comes to the safe screen where it gives me the option start in safe mode (which I never do).
I've used this board before and it helped so I'm trying again.
TIA

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/603510/laptop-freezingcrashing/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hello this is my first time posting download during Crashing/freezing here and I m looking for some help with a relatively unique problem I am running windows bit I built my pc from scratch and it runs fine most of the Crashing/freezing during download time but when I try to download any large files from any source be it Steam etc my computer locks up and freezes If left alone and not restarted it generally goes to a blue screen and I have to restart anyway This ONLY happens Crashing/freezing during download when I m downloading Never during games or anything else I ve ran check disks the system has scheduled them a few times and the memory has been tested as well i ve ran virus scans as well the problem has existed since day one I have installed SP and any drivers windows update has told me to I m really getting hopeless here and just not downloading anything so I was wondering if anyone in here could possibly help me diagnose and or fix this problem Any input would be greatly appreciated Thank you in advance Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - K CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB G Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer INC P H -M PRO Rev xx MF B G Antivirus Microsoft Security Essentials Updated and Enabled nbsp

Relevancy 46.01%

I'll get this out of the way first I'm not sure what's wrong with my computer and I'm very sorry if I use any wrong terminology or if I'm posting in the wrong section or if I'm not providing Freezing/crashing/BSOD enough information I don't need a fantastic answer Even just a quot hardware quot vs quot software quot guess Freezing/crashing/BSOD or a point in any direction would be great Here is my system Acer Aspire M desktop Intel Core Quad Q GHz Freezing/crashing/BSOD GB RAM Nvidia GTX Windows Vista home edition came installed on the system I bought my computer about years ago and it's been working without any flaws up until about a month ago Every now and then it would start to slowly over the course of about seconds freeze up until nothing responded and nothing was clickable anymore It was only doing it once or twice a week at first so I wasn't TOO worried I'd just restart it Sometimes it did a disk check when restarted These freezes seemed to happen more often when I was downloading anything in firefox had a lot of windows open at once or was doing something resource demanding Kind of like my computer was some -year outdated system Lately it's been freezing up more often It started occasionally giving me BSODs as well I tried the following solutions -doing a system restore to before the freezes occured -running virus checks macafee spybot AVG all came up clean -defragmenting runing clean ups -making sure the internal temperature was okay -reseating the RAM checking the inside for dust or loose wires Then I managed to read a BSOD long enough to see quot bad pool header quot and read somewhere that it could mean my drivers need updating I updated my sound driver and nothing changed I tried to update my graphics driver and it froze during the update Tried again or times with the same result Then I started in safe mode and installed the driver After that I can't start my computer at all Whenever I try to start up I get a message saying quot The application failed to initiate properly xc Click OK to terminate the application quot I can get into safe mode but nothing else I don't have the first idea what's causing this since nothing I've tried has helped or given even a little clue as to what's going on If anyone has any ideas I'd love to hear them I realize my problem and information are vague If I can be sure it would be fixed by reformating I'm willing to do that I'd go buy windows but I'd have to be sure it's a software issue first a not a hardware one Thanks for your time

A:Freezing/crashing/BSOD

Hi,

Please follow these instructions:http://www.techsupportforum.com/f217...ml#post2545708

Post the resulting .zip file here

Regards,
Reventon

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/freezing-crashing-bsod-497392.html
Relevancy 46.01%

The only problem i have is computer crashing freezing and this about - minutes after i turn my computer on it will either freeze completely or try to restart itself I am not having any error messages or internet pop ups HJT log is this Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP computer freezing and crashing SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Verizon McciTrayApp exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files D-Tools daemon exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Yahoo Search Protection SearchProtection exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ycomp defaults sb http www yahoo com search ie html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http us rd yahoo com customize ycomp defaults sp http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com old R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http us rd yahoo com customize ycomp defaults su http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Winamp Toolbar Loader - CEE EC- - bc- B - DDC AB C - C Program Files Winamp Toolbar winamptb dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO no name - B CA - A - D -A DF- BB - no file O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll O - BHO SingleInstance Class - FDAD DA - A - FD - C - F AC - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn YTSingleInstance dll O - BHO no name - FDD B - D - ffb- - B AD ACC - no file O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - Toolbar Winamp Toolbar - EBF BA - - c a- B-BB F D DE - C Program Files Winamp Toolbar winamptb dll O - HKLM Run SiSUSBRG C WINDOWS SiSUSBrg exe O - HKLM Run Rscmpt C WINDOWS System Rscmpt exe O - HKLM Run SiS KHooker C WINDOWS System khooker exe O - HKLM Run Verizon McciTrayApp C Program Files Verizon McciTrayApp exe O - HKLM Run SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXE O - HKLM Run KernelFaultCheck systemroot system dumpre... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-freezing-and-crashing.835494/
Relevancy 46.01%

it happens when i run google chrome it crashes my flash and show wave player and it uses 500.000 kbs sometimes more i have a optiplex 745 with a tera bit of hard drive and 2 gigs ram windows 7 home prem 

A:my computer keeps freezing and crashing

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following checkboxes:
  List last 10 Event Viewer log
  List Installed Programs
  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.

Click Go and paste the content into your next post.

Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/497220/my-computer-keeps-freezing-and-crashing/
Relevancy 46.01%
A:AMD HD 6770M freezing/ crashing

Hi beetlespin, Welcome to Sevenforums.

I think when you are playing games or running CAD, your laptop is not switching to AMD card automatically as it should be. From your system specs, you have HP laptop. We will appreciate if you can also mention the model number of that. Its not AMD's issue. Go to HP's website and download the video driver from there. AMD simply releases a generic driver, It is up to HP to make the driver for your laptop. AMD switchable graphics is only turned on when using a AMD Vision system, and due to your Intel CPU it is NOT a AMD Vision system. So HP MUST go into the driver, and edit some code to turn it on with a Intel CPU, then release it to you. So turn your laptop upside down and find the product number usually looks something like this: AB123CDE#ABA.

Also, update your Intel HD drivers from Intel website.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/312282-amd-hd-6770m-freezing-crashing.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Since last night my computer has been abruptly freezing and crashing at random times Beforehand I had not installed anything significant and Crashing And Freezing Bizarre no changes were made to hardware or software Initially when the computer would Bizarre Crashing And Freezing freeze the screen would pixelate and artifact I Bizarre Crashing And Freezing had initially thought it was a graphics card problem I have an Asus XT graphics card with the latest ATI drivers I installed extra software to display the temperature of the CPU motherboard and graphics card along with voltages and such No overheating was present anywhere and all voltages are nominal I replaced the graphics card with an old mb Nvidia Ti something No more pixellation or artifacting but instead the screen will go blank for a second or two and will return to normal there shortly after the computer usually freezes or crashes Thereafter I began running AdAware and Spybot S amp D to see if it was software nothing was found I am trying to run TrendMicro s House Call virus scanner but have had no luck I cannot keep the computer from freezing before the hour and a half virus scan completes I have been leaning towards hardware rather than software because I get the same symptoms even in safe mode Normally when my computer shuts down it makes a clicking noise from either the motherboard or one of the three hard drive s magnetic heads returning to its home position When my computer crashes it makes the same noise like it is trying to shut down Strangely enough the hard drive usage light on the front of my case becomes solid after a crash Possibly a hard drive issue Just a few minutes ago it sounded as if my computer got quieter my computer lights cold cathodes seemed to dim a little bit Then as I looked into the computer window I heard that click noise again and the fans seemed to speed back up and the lights returned to normal I have been removing pieces from my computer one at a time trying to diagnose the problem All that is left is my primary hard drive old Nvidia graphics card motherboard and RAM The only thing it can be is either software or hardware on the hard drive the ram or the motherboard I have a HijackThis log ready to go if needed Please help Thanks Jean-Pierre

A:Bizarre Crashing And Freezing

Obtain hard drive test tools from support at the manufacturer of the hard drive and run it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/54307/bizarre-crashing-and-freezing/
Relevancy 46.01%

Greetings,

I can load MSINFO32 just fine, but when I attempt to save a report, it gets most of the way through the progress bar, freezes, and the helpctr process proceeds to sit there and take up more and more memory until I kill it.

How do I remedy this?

Relevancy 46.01%

Hi
Having some issues with my PC crashing & freezing. Think that part of the problem might be my PSU.

My current set-up is:

LC-8400BTX 400w PSU
Windows 7 Professional 64Bit
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q8300 @ 2.50GHz
FOXCONN G41MX 2.0/G41MX-K 2.0 Motherboard
4GB RAM (2 x 2GB Sticks)
ATI Radeon HD 5770
Samsung HD103SJ ATA
Seagate Barracuda 500GB SATA

Don?t know if 400w is enough to power this.

I don?t have a load of money so was looking at this as a 550w PSU replacement. Problem is I?m no good at working out suitable ampage/wattage/voltage levels - the PSU I was looking at replacing it with is a CiT 550w dual rail PSU (can't post the link as not enough posts, but it's on Amazon). Don't know if that's any good/suitable/will help? Would appreciate some advice.

Thanks

Nick

A:Crashing/freezing problems -- do I need new PSU?

Yes, try another 500 watt or better power supply

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/crashing-freezing-problems-do-i-need-new-psu.178010/
Relevancy 46.01%

Just yesterday I installed windows 7 and all the drivers on my new computer A family friend with tech knowledge helped me build a day or two before. I (ignorantly) used Asus Auto Tune before playing any games, I'm unaware of wether this would have caused the problem or not, but if I go to play either The Witcher 2 or Skyrim My computer freezes or reboots with no message it also has froze and bluescreened a few times while browsing the net. So I came here to ask for help.

Relevancy 46.01%

Hi everyone,

I just formatted by HP G62 Notebook (Windows 7) and restored it to its factory condition via the recovery system. I updated all the Windows and Intel stuff, including the BIOS. Since the formatting, however, the system has been crashing/freezing quite often. Mostly it just freezes in the middle of something (watching videos for instance) and I have to force shut it. Every now and then, it crashes with the blue screen and sometimes it just gets back on live after a short while. Sometimes it recommends an error check after a reboot following a crash, but nothing seems to happen after hitting OK. There seems to be a certain pattern in its randomness.

I think it's probably an overheating/overloading issue (it's been too hot recently) but I want to check potential software issue before I go ahead with anything else. What would you recommend?

Thanks much,
Burcu

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/freezing-crashing-after-formatting-878777.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Not sure if this is the right thread, but I couldn't find anything else, so here I go.

I've been having an issue with my computer freezing when playing some games. I usually ''loved'' playing World of Tanks on this computer, but then the game freezes on the loading screen, I get audio stutters, and I have to wait until my mouse gets responsive again. Same happens when I load up unturned. I have tried literally anything software based, but i'm scared to open my laptop in case I screw up everything. When I play ETS2 on the other hand, it moves perfectly, and I can play for hours.
Not entirely sure what the problem could be, but I'm worried that my laptop could be dying...

A:Crashing/Freezing in games

What are your specs?

Have you checked your temps to see what they're at while playing the game(s)? Have you tried updating your graphics drivers?

Since it's a laptop, cooling will be the biggest thing. Make sure that your vents are clean - blow them out with canned air. May need to look into getting a cooling pad for your laptop, and/or repasting the CPU/GPU with new thermal paste.

http://www.techist.com/forums/f84/crashing-freezing-games-276788/
Relevancy 46.01%

Laptop is less than a year old but over the last 2 weeks it keeps on crashing at desktop.

I get no error warnings or anything. The event viewier is showing over 5000 error messages of which 100's are since this problem began so i don't really know where to start.

I've run spyware as well as anti-virus and cleared up anything they picked up. I've not installed anything recently that i can remember so not sure why this is happening all of a sudden.

Currently posting in safe mode so if anyone could be any assistance.

Thanks!

Edit - Probably not let enough information.

I'm running Acer Aspire 5920G Vista 32 bit operating

A:Windows keeps crashing/freezing!

Please provide the information in this post: http://www.techsupportforum.com/1871981-post2.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-keeps-crashing-freezing-410065.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Ok I ve had my laptop IBM Thinkpad despite crashing rebuild and Freezing T ghz Gig ram gig hard drive mb integrated videocard for a little over a year with no problems About days ago I bought Freezing and crashing despite rebuild an external hard drive case one where you jus insert and hookup a normal hard drive So I took the hard drive from my dead desktop the reason I have the laptop and slap it all together and hook it up to my laptop get some files I want then format it put a bunch of stuff back on the hard drive giving me loads of hard drive space and everythings fine Then yesterday out of the blue Firefox kept freezing and crashing everytime I tried to download anything then windows explorer started freezing and crashing I virus scanned both hard drives found nothing It got so bad I had to format my laptop and reinstall windows As soon as I did I hooked up the external to get some drivers off of it and windows explorer froze again and now its doing it again What do I do Whys this happening It found no viruses nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/freezing-and-crashing-despite-rebuild.734624/
Relevancy 46.01%

In August the fan on my computer blew, so my stepfather ordered a new one and installed it himself. Ever since my computer freezes on random websites, the most popular ones are
Myspace
YouTube
AZLyrics
Or if I am running photoshop pro, it will freeze. Also sometimes it will the moniter will go blank, and i will have to restart. Oh & when it freezes i can't even do CNTL+ALT+DEL

My computer was originally a Windows ME, but my stepfather upgraded to windows XP

Hopefully some+ne can help me in fixing this problem, i have mentoned to my stepfather but he says there is nothing wrong with it.

A:My computer keeps freezing and crashing!

Hi misscassiechaos and welcome to TechSpot

Number one is to get your computer running a little faster (and smoother)

Download and Run CCleaner from HERE
Fully clean out all the junk from your computer

Then Download and Run Startup Control Panel from HERE
Go through the startup entries and disable (untick) any not required to start with Windows
Restart once complete (startup entries are just shortcuts, not the actual program itself)

Obviously update your AntiVirus software

Then lastly run a full Defrag, from Accesories - System Tools

Please run the Internet after that, and re-confirm any lockups.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-computer-keeps-freezing-and-crashing.96704/
Relevancy 46.01%

I have used Picasa for a long time, but just recently it started freezing upon opening the program. I uninstalled it and reinstalled it, but it still crashes, except now it crashes from the setup screen where you decide what folders to scan for pictures, before Im even able to select anything. Any help is much appreciated!

A:PICASA Freezing/Crashing

Follow Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions - Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7 & Vista please.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/picasa-freezing-crashing-978146.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Last week my laptop restarted itself for an automatic update and froze during reboot I didn't notice it had frozen until several hours later and I hard reset it Since then it freezes every time I use it it usually doesn't last more than a few minutes It freezes no matter what I'm doing in the startup screen log-in screen normal amp safety mode during scans and when I'm not doing anything at all My Google Chrome had been acting up Laptop keeps freezing/crashing. my extensions disappeared and were replaced with rd party extensions that installed themselves so I assumed I got malware or something from Chrome I uninstalled it and installed Firefox which I'm using right now Then I ran Malwarebytes and it found several things which I quarantined Laptop keeps freezing/crashing. and deleted I ran Secunia PSI and FileHippo to make sure my stuff was up to date and nothing was clashing and I also ran CCleaner IObit System Care and IObit SmartDefrag It seems more stable now but it still keeps freezing and I can't figure out why Edit I ran MBRCheck and it froze during it but this is what I got if that helps MBRCheck version copy AD Command-line Windows Version Windows Home Premium Edition Windows Information Service Pack build -bit Base Board Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard BIOS Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard System Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard System Product Name Presario CQ Notebook PC Logical Drives Mask x c Kernel Drivers total x SystemRoot system ntoskrnl exe x SystemRoot system hal dll x BBE SystemRoot system kdcom dll x C SystemRoot system mcupdate AuthenticAMD dll x CA SystemRoot system PSHED dll x CB SystemRoot system CLFS SYS x D SystemRoot system CI dll x EF SystemRoot system drivers Wdf sys x FB SystemRoot system drivers WDFLDR SYS x C SystemRoot System Drivers sptd sys x SystemRoot system drivers ACPI sys x SystemRoot system drivers WMILIB SYS x SystemRoot system drivers msisadrv sys x A SystemRoot system drivers vdrvroot sys x FC SystemRoot system drivers pci sys x E SystemRoot System drivers partmgr sys x F SystemRoot system DRIVERS compbatt sys x E SystemRoot system DRIVERS BATTC SYS x E SystemRoot system drivers volmgr sys x E SystemRoot System drivers volmgrx sys x E SystemRoot System drivers mountmgr sys x EAC SystemRoot system drivers atapi sys x EB SystemRoot system drivers ataport SYS x EDF SystemRoot system drivers msahci sys x DD SystemRoot system drivers PCIIDEX SYS x DE SystemRoot system DRIVERS amdsata sys x C SystemRoot system DRIVERS storport sys x EEA SystemRoot system DRIVERS amdxata sys x B SystemRoot system drivers fltmgr sys x SystemRoot system drivers fileinfo sys x SystemRoot System Drivers Ntfs sys x SystemRoot System Drivers msrpc sys x C SystemRoot System Drivers ksecdd sys x SystemRoot System Drivers cng sys x DD SystemRoot System drivers pcw sys x EE SystemRoot System Drivers Fs Rec sys x F SystemRoot system drivers ndis sys x SystemRoot system drivers NETIO SYS x SystemRoot System Drivers ksecpkg sys x SystemRoot System drivers tcpip sys x AF SystemRoot System drivers fwpkclnt sys x A E SystemRoot system drivers volsnap sys x A SystemRoot System Drivers SmartDefragDriver sys x A SystemRoot System drivers rdyboost sys x AD SystemRoot System Drivers mup sys x AE SystemRoot System drivers hwpolicy sys x AEE SystemRoot System DRIVERS fvevol sys x B SystemRoot system DRIVERS disk sys x B E SystemRoot system DRIVERS CLASSPNP SYS x B E SystemRoot system DRIVERS AtiPcie sys x B SystemRoot System Drivers Null SYS x B B SystemRoot System Drivers Beep SYS x BA SystemRoot System drivers vga sys x BB SystemRoot System drivers VIDEOPRT SYS x BD SystemRoot System drivers watchdog sys x BE SystemRoot system drivers rdpencdd sys x BEE SystemRoot System Drivers Msfs SYS x A SystemRoot System Drivers Npfs SYS x A SystemRoot system DRIVERS tdx sys x B SystemRoot system DRIVERS TDI SYS x A SystemRoot system drivers afd sys x A SystemRoot System DRIVERS netbt sys x AD SystemRoot system DRIVERS wfplwf sys x ADF SystemRoot sys... Read more

A:Laptop keeps freezing/crashing.

Have you tried doing a system restore to a point before this update that has gone wrong, since this seems to have been the start of your problems ? 'Start - control panel - Recovery - Open system restore' and take it from there.

On the dialogue box that opens you will be offered one restore point, the latest, but at the bottom of the box there is a button to see more restore points. Make sure you choose one that dates from before this problem started. This will of course remove any updates from that point in time, but you will then be able to install them individually so as to isolate the one that caused the problem. This may require that you temporarily change your update settings to 'Notify me, but let me choose the updates to install'. 'Control panel - Windows update', then 'Update settings' on the left had side of the box..

It is also worth doing a Malwarebytes scan from 'Safe mode'. If you are in any doubt as to whether or not your computer is still infected then I suggest you post in the 'Am I infected' section of BC. If you are not 100% sure that your computer is clean, then your efforts at sorting out your computer problems are largely going to be wasted.

Chris Cosgrove

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/522446/laptop-keeps-freezingcrashing/
Relevancy 46.01%

Ok i really hate asking this question cause i know that it will be hard to find an answer Ok my computer keeps constantly freezing which seems to be at random points It doesnt fully freeze though instead my mouse and keyboard stop working for about minutes and then i get back Freezing/crashing Computer control Only after i get back control it is very slow like Computer Freezing/crashing frame per a second slow If i wait long enough it usually gets back to normal i usually have to wait like an hour so usually i just restart This Computer Freezing/crashing started before Christmas but i thought it was just a fluke I ve tried to figure out what caused the problem but i cant Theres no real new programs installed ive updated both my proccessor and video card drivers ive run adware spybot and mcaffe virusscan and everything is clear I mean ive tried everything i can Im not that advanced with computers but im assuming it is a hardware problem If anyone has any suggestions please leave some thank you

A:Computer Freezing/crashing

Hello,

When you do ctrl+alt+del. How many processes are running when this happens?
It could be something using more cpu than the other processes.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/78390/computer-freezingcrashing/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi guys I m having problems with my computer it keeps freezing not responding and frequently crashes blue screens I ve done everything I can think of so now I m here hoping someone can help What I ve done so far - ran AVG anti virus and pctune ran CCleaner stuff windows memory diagnostic test defrag and system maintenance reduced start up programs to a minimum My system takes ages to load and inputting a command laptop freezing keeps and Help that with crashing such as opening a program Help with laptop that keeps freezing and crashing will most of the time cause a stall and Not Responding message If I get a video file or some such to work for a while there will be frequent crashes When I m playing games I m getting a lot of random short freezes as well Hope someone can help as I m at my wits end here s the system info Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU Q GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Mobility Radeon HD Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer Inc N Jq Antivirus AVG Internet Security Updated and Enabled nbsp

Relevancy 46.01%

When I play my games, my comp keeps crashing and just feezes, the sound just keeps playing the last second. It crash's with, Freespace 2, Unreal Tournement, Deus ex, Project IGI, and loads of others. It is really anoying because I can't do anything apart from reset the machine, My spec is:

PIII 500mhz
RAM 128
Voodoo 3
is there anything else you need to know?

Relevancy 46.01%

I'm currently running Windows Ultimate About half the time after startup it freezes entirely or crashes out Sometimes I get a message about Windows no longer responding Windows Crashing/Freezing 7 Keeps if I Windows 7 Keeps Crashing/Freezing end process it shut downs everything and does not recover if i wait it VERY rarely recovers Now if i get it running it freezes out entirely within a few minutes or running normally I've been troubleshooting this for several days now and I've narrowed down a bit It runs fine in Safe Windows 7 Keeps Crashing/Freezing Mode I've run all virus scanners anti-malware etc Even had to pay a site to remove one particularly nasty trojan pup crossfire sa I'm hoping they got it all The scans come up clean but as many warnings as they gave me I'm not sure I'm currently updating all the drivers and working through selective startups If I find out anything useful I'll throw in on here I've attached the dxdiag to this if there is any other info you need please let me know I need this computer for work and it's causing me a lot of problems right now Please help asap

A:Windows 7 Keeps Crashing/Freezing

Hi and Welcome to TSF!

Quote:

Even had to pay a site to remove one particularly nasty trojan, pup.crossfire.sa. I'm hoping they got it all.

Next time you have a virus come to this website. We will remove it for free . Plus we have an outstanding Virus team.

Second try doing the following:

Start Windows in Safe Mode with Command Prompt > Type: chkdsk /f > restart > go back into Safe Mode with Command Prompt > Type: SFC /scannow > let the scan finish.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-keeps-crashing-freezing-667461.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hello friends I am coming to Freezing/Crashing Frequent you today in hopes someone may be able to help me with my problems I have recently built me a computer and have installed Windows Pro x onto it Now the problem happened about a week after assembling the computer I made a few tweaks and it went away for a bit but now is back again and seems like it is in full force The problem that occurs is after a few hours of use the computer will completely freeze and become unresponsive and requires a hard reboot in order to gain access to my computer again The second problem I come across is frequent crashes Now I haven't had one occur to me while at the computer but coming back I have found my windows has crashed and telling me to Frequent Freezing/Crashing check for solutions which never comes up with anything If anyone can help me with this problem I would be grateful Thanks in advanced PS I have also ran Gentoo Linux on this computer with no such errors so I know its in the Windows and not my build

A:Frequent Freezing/Crashing

Quote: Originally Posted by c0de

Hello friends. I am coming to you today in hopes someone may be able to help me with my problems. I have recently built me a computer and have installed Windows 7 Pro x64 onto it. Now the problem happened about a week after assembling the computer. I made a few tweaks and it went away for a bit, but now is back again and seems like it is in full force. The problem that occurs is: after a few hours of use the computer will completely freeze and become unresponsive and requires a hard reboot in order to gain access to my computer again. The second problem I come across is frequent crashes. Now I haven't had one occur to me while at the computer, but coming back I have found my windows has crashed and telling me to check for solutions(which never comes up with anything). If anyone can help me with this problem I would be grateful. Thanks in advanced. PS, I have also ran Gentoo Linux on this computer with no such errors, so I know its in the Windows 7 and not my build.

hi code and welcome
To check for freezing/crashing you need to check several things.

1-Event viewer.
Type eventvwr in search and go to the windows log>application tab. Look for critical errors. Critical errors have red in the left hand column. Look for critical errors that say app hang, or app crash, or anything related to the problem.

When you find them either take a screenshot of them and upload them to us, or note the event ID and source codes and tell us what they are.

2- If you have Blue screens of death.
If you wish to have others assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder. The procedure:

* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Start your own thread in the "Crashes and Debugging" section of the forum and attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.
* Briefly describe the problem history and circumstances in the same post. Somebody will attend to your query as soon as possible.

Let us know if you need assistance with any of this
Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/99432-frequent-freezing-crashing.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Have a friends old Compaq SR5540AN here and he went to use it after a long spell of it being idle and it just would start he said.

Turns out that it starts but goes to all sorts of blue screens and I have tried safe mode etc etc and even stuck an old XP drive in it and it went for a while but the Vista which was perfectly ok is now cycling back to the factory restore screen and I am not sure what this could be.

Have tested most of the hardware such as HDD RAM sticks and stuff so am beginning to think the mobo may be gone. Any ideas please ?

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/300456-crashing-freezing-bsods-lot.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I have a Toshiba Laptop with Vista Home Premium A200-AH9.

Vista keeps randomly Freezing/Crashing. I get igfx driver stopped working and then it resumes and starts working again, other times i get Toshiba Flash Cards constantly not responding. When my Igfx driver fails sometimes my usb devices will only charge via computer but will not interact with it such as the usb mouse or my mp3.

This problem started occuring out of no where really, as everything was working fine and then just this week this stuff started to happen. I've been getting Bsod at times but sometimes the writing is just too small to make out. I have no idea where to look under event viewer to see what the error actually is.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

CC

Relevancy 46.01%

Hi there I guess I start with my problem right Basically what I think is happening win crashing freezing explorer & is windows explorer is crashing and locking up I first noticed this when I would shut down and I'd get a few win explorer freezing & crashing programs usually ones tied to win ex but not always not wanting to shut down and having to be crashed This started with a few things object dock trillian but now it's gotten to be half a down things or more and some things I don't recognize But that's not the biggest issue Where I really started having problems was I'd be running something Dreamweaver was the first that was killing me ad the whole computer would lock up to the point I had to hard boot out of it I think that was only with DW The other issue I have started with Object Dock but I've seen it with other programs where windows explorer crashes or freezes up I can still use trillian and firefox when this happens but everything else is useless I will mention I do use object dock it's just not in my start up due these issues I turned it and some of my other quot extras quot off and I also routinely use Groove to sync to another comp Also I do not use IE at all I'm firefox and thunderbird all the way Thank you all so much for your help and I appreciate anyone who takes the time On to the logs I'm including the logs from Deckard's and the Panda program which did find like something spyware issues Deckard's System Scanner v Run by Tara Morrison on - - Computer is in Normal Mode -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- System Restore -------------------------------------------------------------- Successfully created a Deckard's System Scanner Restore Point -- Last Restore Point s -- - - UTC - RP - Deckard's System Scanner Restore Point - - UTC - RP - Software Distribution Service - - UTC - RP - System Checkpoint - - UTC - RP - System Checkpoint - - UTC - RP - System Checkpoint -- First Restore Point -- - - UTC - RP - Software Distribution Service Backed up registry hives Performed disk cleanup System Drive C has GiB less than free -- HijackThis run as Tara Morrison exe --------------------------------------- Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files TGTSoft StyleXP StyleXPService exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA COMMON Stardock SDMCP exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files hpq HP Wireless Assistant HP Wireless Assistant exe C Program Files HP QuickPlay QPService exe C Program Files HPQ Quick Launch Buttons EabServr exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Eset nod kui exe C Program Files HighCriteria TotalRecorder TotRecSched exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat Acrotray exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C Program Files PeerGuardian pg exe C Program Files Rainlendar Rainlendar exe C Program Files TGTSoft StyleXP StyleXP exe C Program Files Avedesk AVEDESK EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GROOVE EXE C Program Files SpeedFan speedfan exe C Program Files Yahoo Widgets YahooWidgetEngine exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Program Files Yahoo Widgets YahooWidgetEngine exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG mdm exe C Program Files Eset nod krn exe C WINDOWS system PSIService exe C WINDOWS system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared hpqwmiex exe ... Read more

Relevancy 46.01%

Greatings, Bleeping Computer I need help my
Windows 7 64 Bit is Crashing, Freezing .

Recently it has been freezing at the windows welcome screen and none of the restore
points corrects the problem.

If I hit f8 when the computer is booting I tell it to repair your computer ,
from the system recovery tool the start up repiar tool tells me that it cannot detect a problem none of the
restore points work , my computer still frezzes at the welcome screen.

Now Windows will boot in safe mode if I try to make a system repair dsk the computer will feeze
when I oppen the cd drive .I have never made a image backup.

It will start in safe mode.

A:Windows 7 64 Bit is Crashing, Freezing .

mo info on computer
intel Core i7 950(3.06GHz)
64 bit Quad-Core Processor
12GB (6x2GB) DDR3 1333
1TB (1 x 1TB) SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 7200RPM HDD
24X DVD?R/?RW Dual Layer Drive
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 465 1GB PCI-Express Graphics Card
Power Supply 800W
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Intel X58

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883229204

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/453419/windows-7-64-bit-is-crashing-freezing/
Relevancy 46.01%

Today when I got on my computer everything I opened except symantic endpoint froze and and crashing programs freezing crashed programs crashing and freezing within the first few moments of opening it Symantic is programs crashing and freezing up to date and doesn t find programs crashing and freezing any threats This has never happened before and the computer has never had a single virus detectable by symantic anyway but this crashing has worried me so I installed hijack this and ran a scan Can you see anything in there that might be making the programs freeze It was odd in Task Manager the CPU usage was really up around when there were only like processes reported as using the CPU at that time I ve rebooted and for now the problem is gone Do you think it s perhaps just because the computer had been on overnight I have left it on much longer than that at a time and never had problems but I have no idea what is wrong I ve also included a hijack this log unfortunately from after the reboot though because I couldn t even download it because the internet was crashing Another note my symantic is always freaking out about the acer process memcheck exe I know that this is a legit program and it s been doing it for AGES so I don t think this has anything to do with the other problem but I would like to know how to disable memcheck exe from running because it pops up all the time when I m playing sims and is quite annoying THANKS -A Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Symantec Symantec Endpoint Protection SmcGui exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Windows RtHDVCpl exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C Windows vVX exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat acrotray exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static MOM exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static CCC exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ycomp defaults sb http www yahoo com search ie html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http us rd yahoo com customize ycomp defaults sp http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page https www exchange iu edu R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http en us acer yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http en us acer yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http us rd yahoo com customize ycomp defaults su http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhost O - BHO no name - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - no file O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D... Read more

A:programs crashing and freezing

Hiya

Are you still having this problem? If so, can you do the following:

Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from Here or Here

Double Click mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
Once the program has loaded, select "Perform Quick Scan", then click Scan.
The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.
When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart.(See Extra Note)
The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
Copy&Paste the entire report in your next reply.
Extra Note:
If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove,you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts,click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process,if asked to restart the computer,please do so immediatly.

Download and scan with SUPERAntiSpyware Free for Home Users
Double-click SUPERAntiSpyware.exe and use the default settings for installation.
An icon will be created on your desktop. Double-click that icon to launch the program.
If asked to update the program definitions, click "Yes". If not, update the definitions before scanning by selecting "Check for Updates". (If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download and unzip them from here.)
Under "Configuration and Preferences", click the Preferences button.
Click the Scanning Control tab.
Under Scanner Options make sure the following are checked (leave all others unchecked):
Close browsers before scanning.
Scan for tracking cookies.
Terminate memory threats before quarantining.

Click the "Close" button to leave the control center screen.
Back on the main screen, under "Scan for Harmful Software" click Scan your computer.
On the left, make sure you check C:\Fixed Drive.
On the right, under "Complete Scan", choose Perform Complete Scan.
Click "Next" to start the scan. Please be patient while it scans your computer.
After the scan is complete, a Scan Summary box will appear with potentially harmful items that were detected. Click "OK".
Make sure everything has a checkmark next to it and click "Next".
A notification will appear that "Quarantine and Removal is Complete". Click "OK" and then click the "Finish" button to return to the main menu.
If asked if you want to reboot, click "Yes".
To retrieve the removal information after reboot, launch SUPERAntispyware again.
Click Preferences, then click the Statistics/Logs tab.
Under Scanner Logs, double-click SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log.
If there are several logs, click the current dated log and press View log. A text file will open in your default text editor.
Please copy and paste the Scan Log results in your next reply.

Click Close to exit the program.
So, in your next reply, post the contents of the MBAM log, SAS log and a fresh HijackThis log

Regards

eddie

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/programs-crashing-and-freezing.834788/
Relevancy 46.01%

HI GUYS
just built a computer, and installed windowe7 and started installing driver cd,s. up till now things were going well, then my pc started to crash, so rebooted in safe mode & tryed to get latest drivers for my pc,but now my mouse keeps freezing ,i am not getting anywere fast,crashers some times get more frequent as day goes on. also sorrey lads list goes on my LG blue ray drive wont read blueray discs.
thanks
superkev.

A:Computer keeps crashing & freezing

You should move your thread to Windows 7 forum as this is not an XP question.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-keeps-crashing-freezing.890109/
Relevancy 46.01%

Please help My computer has started to crash in the last weeks and in fact in the last few days it has gotten terrible I am even having trouble booting up now and decided I needed some expert advise before I made something worse I first noticed the trouble a few weeks ago whilst browsing the internet The computer just froze and I manually switched it off since I Crashing/Freezing HP Pavilion couldn t even access the task manager I ve owned the computer from new since July and have had very few problems with it From browsing Crashing/Freezing HP Pavilion the message boards I notice that there s certain info needed in order to render an opinion on these things so here goes Motherboard Make amp Model Hewlett Packard Pavilion zv CPU Make and Model Intel Celeron mhz x Hard Drive make and model Toshiba MK GAS Gb RPM Ultra-ATA RAM x mb Graphics Card Make and Model ATI Mobility Radeon IGP RS M Soundcard make and model SoundMax Digital Audio Operating system amp version Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Description of problem The computer freezes this has been whilst browsing the internet playing dvd s and most recently whilst running a Windows program that was supposed to locate any disk errors on the hard drive and then eventually switches to a blue screen with a long error message The following is one message that I have seen several times A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer A process or thread crucial to system operation has unexpectedly exited or been terminated Follow these steps Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed If this is a new install ask your manufacturer for any windows updates you might need If problems continue disable or remove any newly installed hard or software Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components restart your computer press F to select Advanced Startup options and then select safe mode Technical Info STOP x F x x x C x F F Beginning dump of physical memory I could supply all sorts of other information which may or may not have any relevance so rather than risk boring people to death I ll leave it at that and hope that some kind soul out there has an answer hotouch nbsp

A:Crashing/Freezing HP Pavilion

Good job on providing those details, here's another thing I'd want to know before venturing a guess. What does the event viewer say?

Its in the control panels, administrative tools, computer management, event viewer under system tools. Check out the application, security, and system logs. Post back with any errors that occured around the time of the freezes.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/crashing-freezing-hp-pavilion.26600/
Relevancy 46.01%

For the past few weeks my computer has been freezing and or crashingI have tried to run scans but they crash half way throughIf it does run through it comes up all clearI just want top know what I can Freezing And Computer Crashing do Freezing And Crashing Computer to clean it up Thanks Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic avgnt exeC WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exeC WINDOWS LTMSG exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr ExeC Program Files Spybot TeaTimer exeC Program Files AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic sched exeC Program Files AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic avguard exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exeC WINDOWS System nvsvc exeC WINDOWS system HPZipm exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC Program Files MSN Messenger usnsvc exeC WINDOWS system taskmgr exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Documents and Settings Raymond Mitchell Desktop HiJackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www ninemsn com O - BHO no name - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - no file O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA Spybot SDHelper dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dllO - BHO no name - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - no file O - BHO Neopets - CD - F- -D -CACA AA - C PROGRA Neopets Toolbar Toolbar dllO - Toolbar Neopets - CD - F- -D -CACA AA - C PROGRA Neopets Toolbar Toolbar dllO - HKLM Run UserFaultCheck systemroot system dumprep -uO - HKLM Run avgnt quot C Program Files AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic avgnt exe quot minO - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartupO - HKLM Run AGRSMMSG AGRSMMSG exeO - HKLM Run LTMSG LTMSG exe O - HKLM Run KernelFaultCheck systemroot system dumprep -kO - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe installO - HKCU Run MsnMsgr quot C Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr Exe quot backgroundO - HKCU Run SpybotSD TeaTimer C Program Files Spybot TeaTimer exeO - HKCU Policies Explorer Run F A - - - - d quot C Program Files Common Files F A - - - - d Update exe quot mc- - - O - HKCU Software Policies Microsoft Internet Explorer Restrictions presentO - HKCU Software Policies Microsoft Internet Explorer Control Panel presentO - Extra context menu item amp Google Search - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmsearch htmlO - Extra context menu item Backward Links - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmbacklinks htmlO - Extra context menu item Cached Snapshot of Page - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmcache htmlO - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra context menu item Similar Pages - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmsimilar htmlO - Extra context menu item Translate into English - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmtrans htmlO - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - Extra button no name - d f - f - d - - c a - C WINDOWS bdoscandel exeO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Uninstall BitDefender Online Scanner v - d f - f - d - - c a - C WINDOWS bdoscandel exeO - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C ... Read more

A:Freezing And Crashing Computer

Could someone please close this thread....I took it to the local PC repair $hop. Thanks to those who looked.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/118169/freezing-and-crashing-computer/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hello,

Over the last week or so my PC has been crashing, restarting and freezing regularly and sometimes will get stuck at the windows logo on start up, mostly while playing League of Legends but it has happens while browsing the internet and such. I had the BSOD yesterday but my computer instantly restarted. I have tried a couple things to try and resolve this issue but none have worked so far:

- Disk Checked both of my hard-drives (external and internal)
- Scan with my anti virus software and used nortan power eraser

I have some knowledge of computers but this is out of my comfort zone any help and/or advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

A:Frequent Crashing/Freezing

Please follow the tutorial fully:Blue Screen of Death Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/303330-frequent-crashing-freezing.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Different programs on my pc primarily games are glitching freezing amp crashing to a reboot - i ve never had problems like this before even on the same games Wanted to see if anything was infected or odd-looking Here is the HJT Log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Log freezing! - HJT games crashing or Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Digidesign Drivers MMERefresh HJT Log - games crashing or freezing! exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C Program Files Linksys Wireless-G PCI Wireless Network Monitor WLService exe C Program HJT Log - games crashing or freezing! Files iPod bin HJT Log - games crashing or freezing! iPodService exe C Program Files Linksys Wireless-G PCI Wireless Network Monitor WMP Gv exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files InterVideo Common Bin WinCinemaMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C WINDOWS System M-AudioTaskBarIcon exe C Program Files WiCenter Basic WiCenter exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C program files steam steam exe C Program Files Linksys EasyLink Advisor LinksysAgent exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jucheck exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWService exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - URLSearchHook ToolbarURLSearchHook Class - CA EB - F - -AA -B C CE - C Program Files Bing Toolbar tbhelper dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Ask Toolbar BHO - D C F- A- -A AD- D - C Program Files Ask com GenericAskToolbar dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll O - Toolbar Ask Toolbar - D C F- A- -A AD- D - C Program Files Ask com GenericAskToolbar dll O - HKLM Run Ad-Watch C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exe O - HKLM Run WINCINEMAMGR quot C Program Files InterVideo Common Bin WinCinemaMgr exe quot O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run AppleSyncNotifier C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleSyncNotifier exe O - HKLM Run RTHDCPL RTHDCPL EXE O - HKLM Run Alcmtr ALCMTR EXE O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run M-Audio Taskbar Icon C WINDOWS System M-AudioTaskBarIcon exe O - HKLM Run DigidesignMMERefresh C Program Files Digidesign Drivers MMERefresh exe O - HKLM Run WiCenter C Program Files WiCenter Basic WiCenter exe minimize O - H... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hjt-log-games-crashing-or-freezing.959785/
Relevancy 46.01%

Alright so my computer is constantly freezing for about a minute at the very least, sometimes I have to restart, task manager is telling me that firefox is currently averaging around 100, 000 - 110, 000k. Seems quite not right if you ask me.

Msn also seems to be using a fairly large amount.

I was wondering if this is the problem but I'm not sure.
Last night I performed a harddisk check and scan because windows seemed to think there was a problem with it, not sure what the results were because I left it for the 3 hours that it took and came back as it was finishing. I tried a system restore, didn't fix it.

I have no idea what to do, any ideas?
Sorry if this is the wrong section, I figured this is the only place it fitted.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-system-keeps-freezing-crashing-etc.753027/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hello My win was working perfectly for about a month About days ago i started getting blue screens on my W RC -bit And that was traced down to one of my DDR sticks which still had warranty and I freezing 7RC and 64-bit crashing Windows keeps got a new set yesterday Right after the new RAM arrived and i inserted it I started getting crashes Thinking that I might have screwed up the installation I did a fresh install since I wanted to do that anyway cause I had W on a very small HDD But the problem persists and Windows 7RC 64-bit keeps crashing and freezing it's not Windows 7RC 64-bit keeps crashing and freezing like when I had the faulty memory stick this time it simply reboots or freezes No blue screen at all I have turned the auto reboot off So that makes me think that it's not my new RAM and I refuse to think that it's faulty AGAIN I only got one blue screen right after installing windows and it was about BAD POOL HEADER I spent the whole of yesterday trying to figure this out and so far I've managed to find that the system works fine with just one RAM stick Windows 7RC 64-bit keeps crashing and freezing And I'm starting to suspect ACPI on all of this cause when I disable ACPI in BIOS i can't even load windows it reboots at the quot Windows Starting quot screen I brought my RAM sticks to work today and I'll be running some memtests on them to see if its the problem My specs Motherboard Asus P E Deluxe DDR version CPU Intel Core Duo E RAM x GB Corsair XMS DDR MHZ VGA Asus GDDR GB p s no OC has been done ever

A:Windows 7RC 64-bit keeps crashing and freezing

If you disable ACPI after having already installed windows with it ON, then windows will not boot. If you want to disable ACPI, you will want to reinstall windows.

Is your power supply up to par? If not, that can cause all sorts of problems and glitches.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/15690-windows-7rc-64-bit-keeps-crashing-freezing.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Well, my computer always crashes and freezes so I do many reinstalls. I want to know, if download games that may contain viruses can be a cause? My problem with freezing is only when windows starts up. The orbs freeze at the same time every time. People have been saying bad CPU, but how would I check for that? This one post actually helped me about changing something I 256mb on startup or something, setting it to low. If anyone knows what Im talking about, please post!

A:Windows 7 crashing and freezing

Quote: Originally Posted by Frozen

Well, my computer always crashes and freezes so I do many reinstalls. I want to know, if download games that may contain viruses can be a cause? My problem with freezing is only when windows starts up. The orbs freeze at the same time every time. People have been saying bad CPU, but how would I check for that? This one post actually helped me about changing something I 256mb on startup or something, setting it to low. If anyone knows what Im talking about, please post!

May we get your system specs and network setup so we know what hardware we are dealing with?

Can you also tell us in more detail what and when the problem happens?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/179235-windows-7-crashing-freezing.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hello I hope someone can help -- I m about to tear my hair out here I m having a serious problem with Windows locking up on me It started last night and I initially thought it was FireFox I had used the computer all day without a problem and then abruptly last night FireFox started freezing up and then the whole computer would lock up I couldn t get into task manager to shut down FireFox nothing All I would get is the computer stuck on the frozen FireFox screen with the mouse pointer doing the spinning Freezing/Crashing Seven Windows blue quot busy quot circle endlessly until I finally gave up and pushed the power button on the tower to shut the Windows Seven Freezing/Crashing computer down I did manage to get online last night and check for FireFox Windows issues and there seemed to be a bug with the Skype plugin for Windows Seven Freezing/Crashing FireFox on W so I disabled that and things seemed to be working I shut the computer down properly without looking any farther and this morning the only way I can use the computer is in safe mode Safe mode with networking to be specific I thought FireFox was still the problem as the computer would lock up after I surfed for a minute but I did a hard reset and switched to Explorer and had the same problem I reset again and the computer froze up same way when I went into the control panel After a third try the computer locked up just when I tried to open the start menu or when I didn t do anything at all and just sat here staring at the computer The computer runs just fine in safe mode however FireFox works fine as does Explorer well as fine as Explorer ever does anyway as does everything else that starts up in safe mode From safe mode I ve run all my virus spyware malware programs Spybot Adaware Microsoft Security Essentials and found nothing I haven t downloaded anything new or torrented anything or fiddled with any settings Four or five days ago I did install the W logon screen tweaker so I could change the desktop on the logon screen but that didn t seem to cause any problems and also my boyfriend used it on his W laptop with no issues at all I ve spent most of the morning reading the Microsoft support forums for W and it seems like a lot of people are having a similar problem but the solutions they re talking about over there are way over my head I ve looked in the Event Viewer for all the good it does me since I m not savvy enough to understand what I m seeing I have some errors starting from when I first turned to comp on this morning including The driver Driver tunnel failed to load for the device ROOT ISATAP InitializePrintProvider failed for provider inetpp dll This can occur because of system instability or a lack of system resources Your computer was not assigned an address from the network by the DHCP Server for the Network Card with network address x F F The following error occurred x Your computer will continue to try and obtain an address on its own from the network address DHCP server The Windows Search Service is starting up and attempting to remove the old search index Reason Full Index Reset The driver Driver WUDFRd failed to load for the device USB VID BEEF amp PID AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA Volume Shadow Copy Service error Unexpected error querying for the IVssWriterCallback interface hr x Access is denied This is often caused by incorrect security settings in either the writer or requestor process Windows detected your registry file is still in use by other applications or services The file will be unloaded now The applications or services that hold your registry file may not function properly afterwards WLAN Extensibility Module has stopped Module Path C Windows System bcmihvsrv dll Possible Memory Leak Application C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted PID has passed a non-NULL pointer to RPC for an out parameter marked allocate all nodes allocate all nodes parameters are always reallocated if the original pointer contained the address of vali... Read more

Relevancy 46.01%

Hello could somebody please help I just recently reformatted my comouter to rid Computer crashing. freezing and some nasty viruses trojans but since have had some serious probs with my computer freezing and crashing Everything was working great after the format for a week or so and then Computer freezing and crashing. I opened the case to check one one of my memory sticks old school Rambus type to see about upgrading and ever since putting it back my computer crashes At least it seems that is when it started I m pretty sure I seated it correctly I did it Computer freezing and crashing. a couple of times and I used air to blow everything out THE PROBLEM I boot up my computer and most of the time it will work fine for about - mins and then all of the sudden everything just freezes sometimes the screen distorts slurs to the side I then have to unplug it then plug it back in just to get it restarted I ve tried reinstalling the Windows XP Service Pack and as soon as it gets to the quot checking configuration quot step it will freeze up there --I Computer freezing and crashing. ve ran several test and it is clear of any viruses etc my guess is it is a hardware issue but I can t figure out what RAM a couple of general specs about my system I know it s old working on a new one Pentium III MHz Memory MB Windows XP Pro ATI Rage GL AGP graphics card I would savior anyone that could please help out Thanks nbsp

A:Computer freezing and crashing.

Hi Riverwind and welcome to TechSpot

is the computer just freezing "as-is" or do you get a blue screen (BSOD)?

since you have a unplug it to allow it to start again would suggest a dying power supply.

it also may be an overheating issue (either the PSU or the CPU). is the power supply fan working? is the CPU fan working? did you accidentally "bump" the heatsink when you removed/reinstalled your RAM?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-freezing-and-crashing.54450/